时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:18] | Seven. | 七 |
[00:20] | So beautiful. | 太漂亮了 |
[00:21] | How many times are you gonna say that? | 你到底要说几遍 |
[00:23] | Well, it just keeps hitting me. | 这景色很打动我 |
[00:25] | Yeah? You say it again, something else is gonna start hitting you. | 你再说一遍 那就是别的打动你了 |
[00:28] | Eight. | 八 |
[00:30] | I think it’s a little creepy. | 我觉得有点诡异 |
[00:31] | Okay, well, you know, creepy can be beautiful. | 还有种美叫怪异美 |
[00:34] | Spoken like a true writer. | 说得像是个作家一样 |
[00:37] | Nine. | 九 |
[00:40] | What do you keep counting, sweetheart? | 宝贝 你一直在数什么 |
[00:43] | Roadkill. | 路毙动物[死在公路上的动物] |
[00:45] | What? | 啥 |
[00:46] | They’re all over the road. | 路上有好多动物尸体 |
[00:48] | I saw a raccoon and a possum | 我看到了浣熊 负鼠 |
[00:51] | and one that I think was a cat. | 还有一只可能是猫 |
[00:54] | It’s weird how it’s more sad when a cat gets run over | 不知道为什么 比起浣熊被撞 |
[00:57] | than a raccoon does. | 我更为猫被撞感到难过 |
[01:03] | Ten. | 十 |
[01:08] | Oh, no. | 天啊 |
[01:23] | Stay here a second. | 稍等一下 |
[01:27] | ‐ I wanna see. ‐ Uh‐uh, honey. | -我也去 -不行 宝贝 |
[01:36] | Is it dead? | 它死了吗 |
[01:42] | Very. | 死透了 |
[01:43] | Well, don’t touch it. | 别碰它 |
[01:46] | You don’t want to get Lyme. | 小心感染莱姆病 |
[04:24] | Okay. | 到了 |
[04:31] | Okay, I’ll take it. | 就要这间了 |
[04:33] | You excited? | 激动吗 |
[04:36] | Ah, you must be the Gardeners. | 你们是加德纳一家吧 |
[04:38] | ‐ Hi. ‐ We are, hi. | -你好 -没错 是我们 |
[04:39] | Welcome to Provincetown | 欢迎来到普罗温斯顿 |
[04:41] | or P‐town, as we call it. | 我们本地人都叫”普镇” |
[04:44] | You know, the pilgrims landed here before they landed in Plymouth. | 朝圣者在普利茅斯定居之前 是住在这里的 |
[04:48] | – I’m Martha. ‐ Hi. | -我叫玛莎 -你好 |
[04:50] | I manage the house for the Browns. | 我替布朗一家打理这栋房子 |
[04:53] | Come on in. | 请进 |
[04:56] | It looks haunted. | 这房子看着会闹鬼 |
[05:00] | Every house in Provincetown is haunted, sweetheart. | 宝贝 普罗温斯顿的所有房子都闹鬼 |
[05:02] | It’s the ghosts of all the old whalers drowned at sea. | 以前淹死在海里的捕鲸人 一直在这阴魂不散 |
[05:12] | It’s so quiet. | 好安静啊 |
[05:13] | Summer population is 60,000. | 盛夏时 镇上有六万人口 |
[05:15] | This time of year, it bleeds down to a little less than three. | 这个季节 连三万人都不到 |
[05:19] | I actually prefer it like this. | 这样挺好的 |
[05:21] | I rent my place out a bunch in the summer… | 夏天的时候 我把房子都租给别人… |
[05:23] | head out to the Berkshires… | 然后我去伯克郡… |
[05:25] | especially during Bear Week. | 尤其是在猎熊周 |
[05:27] | Septic systems in town back up a lot during Bear Week. | 人多得镇上的化粪池都要爆满了 |
[05:34] | So you’re a screenwriter? | 你是编剧吗 |
[05:36] | ‐ Yeah. ‐ Anything I would have seen? | -没错 -有什么出彩的作品吗 |
[05:39] | Um, I’ve written on a few TV shows. | 我之前写过一些电视剧 |
[05:41] | network procedurals, mostly. | 大多都是网络程序节目 |
[05:45] | He’s, uh, writing a pilot while we’re out here, though. | 他来这里是为了写个试播集 |
[05:49] | Oh, I hope you’re not planning on, uh, | 希望你们不会 |
[05:51] | changing too much about the place. | 大改这个家 |
[05:53] | Browns gave me free rein | 布朗一家说 |
[05:55] | to change whatever I want, so… | 随便我们怎么搞 所以… |
[05:57] | Well, within the budget. | 别超预算就好 |
[05:59] | Right. It’s her first big job. | 这是她首个重要任务 |
[06:00] | Yeah, it’s sort of a… a second career for me. | 装修… 算得上是我的第二职业 |
[06:03] | I was a schoolteacher for a long time, but… | 我之前教了很多年书 不过… |
[06:06] | The Browns, they saw my Instagram account… | 布朗一家看了我的图享账号… |
[06:09] | ‐ It’s very good. ‐ And offered us | -她很会设计 -然后给我们… |
[06:11] | three months free at the house in exchange for redecorating. | 免了三个月房租 用来重新装修 |
[06:19] | A little fiddle player. | 小提琴家来了 |
[06:20] | We got a nice little orchestra at the middle school. | 我们中学有个不错的小型管弦乐队 |
[06:23] | She’s homeschooled. | 她是在家自学的 |
[06:25] | Well, all you really need to know… | 你们所需记住的是… |
[06:27] | – Is to keep a lot of booze stocked. – Okay. | -多囤些酒水 -好的 |
[06:30] | Uh, make sure the windows are closed up tight… | 窗户关严实了… |
[06:33] | In case a nor’easter rolls in. | 以防东北风刮进来 |
[06:35] | Uh, don’t go swimming near the seals. | 游泳的时候 离海豹远点 |
[06:37] | Not that you would… the water’s near freezing. | 只是提醒一下… 毕竟水面快结冰了 |
[06:40] | Oh, and don’t try and imitate a Boston accent. | 最后 别模仿波士顿口音 |
[06:47] | All right. | 好了 |
[06:49] | ‐ Thank you, Martha. ‐ Thank you. | -谢了 玛莎 -不客气 |
[06:51] | Thank you. | 太感谢你了 |
[06:53] | Enjoy. | 住得开心哦 |
[06:54] | ‐ Bye‐bye. ‐ Bye. | -再见 -再见 |
[06:56] | I’m gonna go find my room. | 我去看看我住哪个房间 |
[07:00] | Are they all gonna be so weird? | 他们都搞得这么奇怪的吗 |
[07:02] | ‐ Oh, God, I hope so. ‐ No. | -最好这样 -不行 |
[07:05] | I need all the inspiration I can get. | 我刚好能拿来做我写作的素材 |
[07:08] | I think I’ll unload later | 我待会把行李搬下来 |
[07:10] | and I’ll go hit the market for supplies right now. | 先去超市买补给 |
[07:12] | Mm, you mean the “mahket.” | 你是说”糙市”吗 |
[07:14] | ‐ Right, the “mahket.” ‐ It’s the “mahket.” | -是的 “糙市” -它叫”糙市” |
[07:15] | Shh, she’s listening. | 小点声 隔墙有耳啊 |
[07:18] | Can’t believe we’re doing this. | 我们居然真的会在这住下 |
[07:20] | I never thought I’d get you out of the city. | 我从没想过能够把你带出城 |
[07:22] | I know. I’m really proud of us. | 我知道 我为我们两个感到骄傲 |
[07:24] | This is the perfect place for you to work without distraction | 这是个能让你心无旁骛工作的好地方 |
[07:28] | and for me to get some real experience. | 我也能在这体验一番 |
[07:31] | I think it’s gonna be fun. | 感觉会很有趣 |
[07:32] | Me too. | 我也这么想 |
[07:33] | Like a babymoon. | 像是来过产前蜜月 |
[07:37] | – Okay. ‐ Bye. | -好了 -路上小心 |
[08:42] | Get the fuck out of here, fucker! | 狗东西 滚出普罗温斯顿 |
[08:44] | Out of this town! | 滚出去 |
[08:45] | They’re gonna munch on your balls! | 他们要割了你的蛋当下酒菜 |
[08:46] | All right, Karen. | 行了 凯伦 |
[08:48] | That’s enough crazy for one day. | 你今天疯够了 |
[08:50] | Go outside and scream at a tree or the bay or something. | 滚出去 对谁乱吼乱叫都行 |
[08:53] | Jesus, Karen! Get out, okay? | 妈的 凯伦 快出去 |
[08:55] | You’re not allowed to die in here. | 别想死在这里 |
[08:56] | Go fuck yourself, motherfucker. | 操你妈的 傻逼 |
[08:59] | Get out of this town! | 滚出小镇 |
[09:01] | Get out! | 快滚 |
[09:03] | Tell him, Mikey. | 让他滚出去 米奇 |
[09:07] | We call her Tuberculosis Karen. | 我们都叫她”’结核凯’ |
[09:12] | I don’t think she actually has TB, | 我觉得她没得结核病 |
[09:13] | just smokes, uh, three packs a day. | 只是一天三包烟抽太多了 |
[09:17] | She’s a nutter, but she’s harmless. | 她虽神经 但却无害 |
[09:20] | Well, I’m from New York City. | 没事 我纽约来的 |
[09:21] | It takes a lot nuttier than that to faze me. | 她那个样子还吓不着我 |
[09:24] | I’m Mikey. | 我叫米奇 |
[09:25] | – This is my place. ‐ Hi. | -这是我的店 -你好 |
[09:27] | Harry Gardener. | 我是哈里·加德纳 |
[09:28] | I know. Mr. Hollywood. | 我知道你 好莱坞先生 |
[09:32] | My sister is the Browns’ house manager. | 我姐姐是布朗家的房屋管理员 |
[09:35] | Just let me know if you need me to order you anything special, | 你有什么需要的 就和我说一声 |
[09:39] | organic, uh, fruit or kale or, uh, oat milk. | 有机食品 水果 甘蓝 或者燕麦奶 |
[11:30] | Alma! | 阿尔玛 |
[11:37] | Honey, | 宝贝 |
[11:38] | you know I love your playing. | 我很喜欢听你拉琴 |
[11:40] | But can you help me out here? | 但是你能帮帮我吗 |
[11:42] | I‐I‐I only have three months to finish this project. | 我还有三个月就要交稿了 |
[11:46] | I thought music was supposed to help open the creative mind. | 我以为音乐能激发灵感 |
[11:50] | I’m sure you’re right about that. | 它确实能 |
[11:51] | But see, the thing is, when you play, | 但是 你拉琴的时候 |
[11:55] | all I can think about is how much I love you | 我只会想我有多爱你 |
[11:58] | and how proud I am of you. | 为你感到骄傲 |
[11:59] | And it demotivates me from working, | 根本不想工作 |
[12:03] | because what more do I have to prove | 因为我都有你这么优秀的女儿了 |
[12:05] | when I have you as my daughter? | 我还要展示什么才华呢 |
[12:07] | And it’s super annoying. | 而且还很吵 |
[12:10] | That too. | 是有点儿 |
[12:11] | I need to be better. | 我要拉得更好 |
[12:13] | I need to be perfect. | 我要变得完美 |
[12:14] | I want to play first chair in the New York Philharmonic | 十八岁时就要坐上 |
[12:17] | by the time I’m 18. | 纽约爱乐乐团的首席 |
[12:19] | Oof, 18. | 十八岁啊 |
[12:22] | Ticktock, baby. | 时间很紧哦 宝贝 |
[12:24] | Ticktock, ticktock, | 滴答 滴答 |
[12:26] | ticktock. | 滴答 |
[12:28] | I thought everyone loved the script. | 我以为所有人都喜欢你的剧本 |
[12:30] | Why would they buy it if you had to do so much to fix it? | 你要改动这么多 人家为什么还要买呢 |
[12:33] | All right, Almandine. Let’s go out and explore | 好了 阿尔玛戴恩 我们出去溜达 |
[12:35] | and let Daddy get some writing done. | 让你爸把他的剧本写完 |
[12:38] | Come on, baby. | 走吧 宝贝 |
[12:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[12:46] | We need to get Daddy noise‐canceling headphones. | 我们要给爸爸买一个降噪耳机 |
[12:50] | That’s a good idea. | 好主意 |
[12:56] | I wonder if the pilgrims are buried here. | 朝圣者们是不是被埋在这 |
[12:59] | I wonder what killed them. | 我想知道他们是怎么死的 |
[13:01] | Maybe something cool and ancient | 可能是某种又酷又古老的东西 |
[13:02] | like dysentery or plague. | 比如痢疾或者瘟疫 |
[13:05] | Or deer ticks. | 也有可能是鹿蜱 |
[13:07] | There’s Lyme disease all over this area. | 这片区域有好多莱姆病患者 |
[13:10] | Your friend Rashida’s mom, | 你朋友拉希达的妈妈 |
[13:11] | she spends the summer in the Hamptons. | 她在汉普顿待了一个夏天 |
[13:13] | She got it. | 就感染了莱姆病 |
[13:14] | Now she can barely make it to noon | 现在她顶多能够勉强撑到中午 |
[13:16] | before collapsing in exhaustion. | 就直接累昏了 |
[13:19] | If you just… | 如果你… |
[13:20] | Keep covered up, you should be okay. | 一直把自己包好 就不会有事 |
[13:25] | Do you like it here? | 你喜欢这吗 |
[13:27] | It’s very beautiful. | 这很漂亮 |
[13:29] | You know me. I love the energy of the city, | 你知道我喜欢城里的氛围 |
[13:31] | where there’s always something | 你总是能 |
[13:32] | surprising you around every corner, | 在某个不起眼的角落发现惊喜 |
[13:34] | whether it’s a crazy man… | 不管是疯子还是什么… |
[13:35] | Yelling about God, | 大声地喊着上帝 |
[13:37] | a drum circle, | 还是鼓圈演奏 |
[13:38] | or an old friend, | 或者老朋友 |
[13:40] | a neat window display. | 还有精致的橱窗 |
[13:43] | It’s good to get a break, | 能有个喘息也不错 |
[13:46] | even from things you love. | 就算是远离自己喜欢的东西 |
[13:51] | Come on. | 快走 |
[13:55] | Come on. | 快走 |
[13:56] | Come on. Come on. | 快点 快点 |
[14:08] | Harry! | 哈利 |
[14:09] | Harry! Harry! | 哈利 哈利 |
[14:13] | Harry! | 哈利 |
[14:14] | ‐ What’s happening? ‐ A man, | -出什么事儿了 -有个男的 |
[14:15] | he’s chasing us! He’s chasing us! | 他在追我俩 追着我俩跑 |
[14:17] | What’s happening? | 怎么回事儿 |
[14:19] | See? | 看见了吗 |
[14:24] | Fuck. | 操 |
[14:25] | The sunroom, the sunroom, the sunroom! | 日光室 日光室 快去日光室 |
[14:26] | Harry, the door! | 哈利 锁门 |
[14:43] | 85% of the crime on the Cape is opioid‐related. | 科德角百分之八十五的犯罪都和吸食鸦片有关 |
[14:47] | Not much to do out here in the winter | 冬天的时候 没什么事可做 |
[14:48] | but complain and get high. | 要么抱怨 要么就嗑药 |
[14:50] | Most of it’s harmless. | 大多数情况下 不会出啥事 |
[14:52] | Break‐ins, shoplifting. | 擅闯民宅 入店行窃 |
[14:54] | Heard they had a drive‐by stabbing on a bike | 听说之前有起骑行行凶事件 |
[14:56] | a couple of summers ago, | 但发生在几年前的夏天了 |
[14:57] | but that was a real freaky outlier. | 不过那真的是个特例 |
[14:59] | Well, this didn’t feel harmless. | 可这次并不像是无危害 |
[15:00] | He chased me and my daughter | 那个人像追猎物一样 |
[15:02] | like some kind of wild predator. | 追着我和我女儿 |
[15:06] | I’m really sorry he scared you. | 我很抱歉他吓到你了 |
[15:08] | My guess is, that was all he was trying to do. | 我猜想 恐吓你就是他的目的 |
[15:17] | You know, I have read that Lyme disease | 我了解过莱姆病 |
[15:19] | can cause some very strange neurological symptoms. | 会引发非常奇怪的精神上的症状 |
[15:24] | I worked Oakland PD for 15 years. | 我在奥克兰警局工作了十五年 |
[15:27] | Quit last spring. Took this job. | 去年春天辞职了 来到这里 |
[15:29] | You know why? | 知道为什么吗 |
[15:31] | It’s boring. | 太无聊了 |
[15:32] | Most of the problem children are day laborers. | 大多数问题儿童都是打零工 |
[15:34] | And the guys who work the fishing boats in the summer? | 夏天在渔船上工作的 |
[15:37] | They spend too much of their summer paychecks | 花得钱所剩无几 |
[15:39] | and get stuck out here all winter, | 冬天就只好困在这里 |
[15:41] | get hooked on pills. | 嗑嗑鸦片 |
[15:43] | They’re weird | 他们举止奇怪 |
[15:44] | but usually too stoned to cause any real problems. | 但通常吸食过量反而干不了什么坏事 |
[15:47] | I’ll send some deputies to sweep the dunes, | 我派几个人过来处理下这边的沙堆 |
[15:49] | push the junkies up cape a little. | 把那些吸毒的往海边赶赶 |
[15:53] | What about the family that was killed | 去年冬天特鲁罗的一家人被杀害 |
[15:54] | over in Truro last winter? | 是怎么回事 |
[15:56] | Five people in their own beds? | 五个人 都死在了自己的床上 |
[15:58] | I Googled “crime in Cape Cod” | 网上搜了一下 “科德角犯罪事件” |
[15:59] | and that was the first thing that came up. | 最先搜索出来的就是这个案件 |
[16:01] | You didn’t Google it before we got here? | 我们来之前 你没有上网查一下吗 |
[16:03] | All I heard was how safe it is. | 我听说的都是这里有多安全 |
[16:05] | It is. | 没错 |
[16:06] | Between you and I, we’re pretty sure | 我私下告诉你 我们非常肯定 |
[16:07] | the father was involved with organized crime | 那一家人的父亲 |
[16:10] | down in Rhode Island. | 和罗德岛的犯罪团伙有关 |
[16:12] | So you haven’t caught whoever was responsible? | 所以你们连犯人都没抓到吗 |
[16:14] | Ma’am, | 女士 |
[16:16] | I know this was really upsetting. | 我知道这很让人沮丧 |
[16:18] | But you have my word, | 但我跟你保证 |
[16:20] | you’re safe here. | 在这里 你很安全 |
[16:30] | Do you want to go home? | 想回家吗 |
[16:34] | No. | 不想 |
[16:35] | No, this is… it’s too big of an opportunity for me. | 不回去 这… 这对我来说是个难得的机会 |
[16:38] | For both of us. | 对我们两个人来说都是 |
[16:42] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[17:48] | What happened? | 怎么了 |
[17:50] | She said the guy who chased us was outside. | 她说白天追我们的男子在外面 |
[17:56] | There’s no one there. | 外面没人 |
[17:58] | I saw him. There were three of them. | 我看到他了 有三个人 |
[18:02] | Sure it wasn’t a nightmare, sweetheart? | 亲爱的 确定不是在做噩梦吗 |
[18:06] | I don’t think so. | 不是噩梦 |
[18:09] | Okay, sweetheart. | 好吧 亲爱的 |
[18:10] | You come sleep with Mommy tonight, okay? | 晚上和妈妈一起睡吧 |
[18:13] | Come on, bring Teddy. | 走吧 带上泰迪熊 |
[18:27] | Should I call the police chief? | 需要我给警长打电话吗 |
[18:29] | Because she was so helpful last time? | 就因为她上次帮了我们个大忙吗 |
[19:31] | In the army, they shoot you for falling asleep on guard duty. | 在部队 他们会枪毙你如果站岗时睡着了 |
[19:48] | You want coffee? | 喝咖啡吗 |
[19:49] | Oh, yes, please. | 喝 谢谢 |
[19:52] | And I think I’ll go for a run. | 我得出去跑一圈 |
[20:47] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[20:49] | Oh, my God. Jesus. | 天啊 |
[21:09] | First dead guy you ever seen? | 第一次见到死人吗 |
[21:11] | Yeah, I guess so. | 应该是 |
[21:14] | What could have made those wounds on those men? | 这些男子身上的伤怎么造成的 |
[21:16] | My first guess is a great white. | 我初步猜测是大白鲨咬的 |
[21:19] | I thought great whites migrated to warmer waters in the winter. | 我以为大白鲨冬天会游到暖和的地方 |
[21:22] | Well, I’ll know more after the autopsy. | 尸检结果出来就知道了 |
[21:53] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[21:57] | let’s go out tonight. | 我们晚上出去吧 |
[21:59] | There’s only one restaurant open in town, | 镇上只有一家餐馆开着门 |
[22:01] | and I don’t know if it’s any good, but… | 虽然不知道这家店怎么样 但… |
[22:02] | Doubtful. | 那难说了 |
[22:04] | I want to just… celebrate life. | 我只是想… 为生活庆祝一下 |
[22:08] | Our life. | 庆祝我们的生活 |
[22:10] | That sounds lovely. | 听起来不错 |
[22:11] | It’s a date. | 是个约会 |
[22:21] | Has she babysat before? | 她以前带过小孩吗 |
[22:24] | Did you call her references? | 你跟她的推荐人联系过吗 |
[22:26] | Alma, you met her. | 阿尔玛 你见过她 |
[22:29] | She’s the nice lady who manages the house. | 就是管理这个家的女士 她人很好 |
[22:31] | I don’t think she normally moonlights as a babysitter, | 她可能不怎么兼职带孩子 |
[22:34] | but she’s… she’s doing us a favor. | 不过… 她是来帮我们的 |
[22:38] | Are you worried about being here without us? | 如果我们不在家的话 你会害怕吗 |
[22:41] | No. | 不会 |
[22:42] | It’s gonna be fine, okay? | 不会有事的好吗 |
[22:44] | We’re right down the street. | 我们就在街边上 |
[22:46] | Literally two minutes away. | 两分钟的距离 |
[22:49] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[22:51] | Why don’t you go get the ingredients out for your mac and cheese? | 要不你去拿奶酪通心粉吧 |
[22:57] | Okay. | 好的 |
[23:25] | Honey. | 亲爱的 |
[23:26] | You okay? | 还好吗 |
[23:33] | I threw up. | 我吐了 |
[23:35] | Is it the baby? | 是孕吐吗 |
[23:38] | No, I don’t think so. | 不是 我觉得不是 |
[23:41] | It’s a little late for morning sickness. I… | 晨吐的话现在也太晚了 我… |
[23:46] | It’s probably just all the stress. | 可能是压力太大了 |
[23:48] | ‐ Come on. ‐ It’s okay. | -起来吧 -没事的 |
[23:50] | Heave ho! | 用点力 |
[23:52] | Okay, light as a feather. | 好的 轻得跟羽毛一样 |
[24:01] | Okay, let’s lay you down. Come on. | 来 躺下来吧 |
[24:03] | Come on, come on, come on, come on. | 来吧 来躺下 |
[24:04] | No, boo. | 不 |
[24:06] | I’m afraid so. | 恐怕去不了了 |
[24:09] | No. | 不要 |
[24:15] | I don’t want to ruin our night. | 我不毁了晚上的约会 |
[24:20] | You go. | 你去吧 |
[24:21] | Go. | 去吧 |
[24:22] | – Have a drink. ‐ No. | -好好喝一杯 -不喝了 |
[24:24] | Yes, you need some… | 你需要… |
[24:26] | stimulation for your writing. | 寻找一点写作灵感 |
[24:28] | ‐ I’m not leaving you here. ‐ We’re fine. | -我不会留你一个人在家的 -我们没事 |
[24:31] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[24:34] | Say, will you… | 你能不能… |
[24:36] | will you bring me back a… a steak | 能不能给我带块… 牛排 |
[24:39] | or a burger? | 或者一个汉堡 |
[24:41] | I’m craving red meat | 我突然 |
[24:43] | all of a sudden. | 很想吃牛羊肉[红肉 烹饪之前是红色的肉] |
[24:44] | What if those weirdos come back? | 要是那些奇怪的人再过来怎么办 |
[24:46] | Sweetheart, you’ll be gone for an hour. | 亲爱的 你就出去一个小时而已 |
[24:48] | Go. | 去吧 |
[24:49] | ‐ You sure? ‐ Yes. | -你确定吗 -确定 |
[24:52] | – Go. ‐ Okay, okay, okay, okay. | -去吧 -好吧 |
[24:56] | Okay, I’ll be fast. | 我会早点回来 |
[25:37] | Buy me a drink? | 请喝杯酒吧 |
[25:38] | Uh, no, thank you. I’m… | 不了 谢谢 我… |
[25:40] | I’m married. | 已婚 |
[25:41] | To a…a woman. | 我老婆是… 女人 |
[25:44] | So are all my regulars. | 我所有的常客也是 |
[25:46] | You strike me as a…angry top. | 你给我的感觉像… 强攻 |
[25:50] | I’m clean. | 我不嗑药 |
[25:51] | But, uh, you do have to glove up | 不过 你最好把袖子捋上去 |
[25:53] | unless you’re down for some frottage. | 除非你想和其他人相互摩擦 |
[25:56] | Frottage? | 相互摩擦 |
[25:57] | It’s French for rubbing our dicks together. | 法语 两个男的相互撸 |
[25:59] | Okay. Excuse me, um, | 好吧 抱歉 |
[26:01] | I have a reservation for two under Gardener. | 加德纳 我预约过两人位 |
[26:04] | But my wife isn’t feeling well, so it’s just gonna be me. | 我老婆不太舒服 所以就我一位 |
[26:06] | Or I can join you. | 我可以陪你 |
[26:08] | ‐ Beat it, Mickey. ‐ All right. | -米基 别闹 -好吧 |
[26:10] | ‐ Right this way, sir. ‐ Thank you. | -这边 先生 -谢谢你 |
[26:12] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[26:14] | Call me. | 打给我哦 |
[26:28] | ♪ Baby, when I met you, there was peace unknown ♪ | ♪ 宝贝 当我遇见你 心中泛起莫名宁静 ♪ |
[26:33] | ♪ I set out to get you with a fine‐toothed comb ♪ | ♪ 起初我把你仔仔细细端详 ♪ |
[26:37] | ♪ I was soft inside ♪ | ♪ 内心松弛 ♪ |
[26:39] | ♪ There was somethin’ going on ♪ | ♪ 有一丝不对劲 ♪ |
[26:47] | ♪ You do something to me That I can’t explain ♪ | ♪ 就如被施了魔法 无以言表 ♪ |
[26:52] | ♪ Hold me closer and I feel no pain ♪ | ♪ 慢慢靠近 未觉反感♪ |
[26:56] | ♪ Every beat of my heart ♪ | ♪ 我的每次心跳 ♪ |
[26:58] | ♪ We got somethin’ going on ♪ | ♪ 伴随着我们的故事 ♪ |
[27:04] | ♪ Tender love is blind ♪ | ♪ 温柔的爱是盲目的 ♪ |
[27:07] | ♪ It requires a dedication ♪ | ♪ 它需要奉献 ♪ |
[27:11] | ♪ All this love we feel ♪ | ♪ 我们的爱 ♪ |
[27:13] | ♪ Needs no conversation ♪ | ♪ 无需多言 ♪ |
[27:15] | ♪ We ride it together ♪ | ♪ 我们双宿双飞 ♪ |
[27:19] | ♪ Makin’ love with each other ♪ | ♪ 我们缠缠绵绵 ♪ |
[27:23] | ♪ Islands in the stream ♪ | ♪ 溪流中的岛屿 ♪ |
[27:26] | ♪ That is what we are ♪ | ♪ 就是我们的归宿 ♪ |
[27:28] | ♪ No one in between ♪ | ♪ 无人阻拦 ♪ |
[27:30] | ♪ How can we be wrong ♪ | ♪ 我们绝不背弃 ♪ |
[27:33] | ♪ Sail away with me To another world ♪ | ♪ 与我远航 ♪ |
[27:46] | – Hi, honey. | -亲爱的 |
[27:48] | – How you feeling? | -你好点了吗 |
[27:50] | – A bit better. | 好点了 |
[27:51] | Alma passed out. You having fun? | 阿尔玛睡着了 你玩得开心吗 |
[27:53] | Not really without you. | 你不在就没那么开心了 |
[27:55] | Feels good to get out, though. You were right. | 你说得对 出来一趟感觉不错 |
[27:57] | Still want that burger? | 你还想吃汉堡吗 |
[27:58] | No. | 不想了 |
[28:00] | No, I think I’m… I’m about to pass out too. | 不吃了 我感觉… 我也快睡着了 |
[28:03] | Love you. | 爱你 |
[28:05] | ♪ From one lover to another ♪ | ♪ 从今生到来世 ♪ |
[28:56] | Sorry, I didn’t order that. | 抱歉 我没点这个 |
[28:58] | They did. | 是他们点的 |
[29:08] | Hi. | 你们好 |
[29:10] | I’m Harry Gardener. | 我叫哈利·加德纳 |
[29:12] | Uh, what did I do to deserve this? | 你们为什么请我喝酒 |
[29:14] | You have that look about you. | 看你的样子需要 |
[29:16] | One that says I need a drink? | 这么直观看着需要来杯吗 |
[29:18] | One that says you need a positive review. | 看起来你需要些鼓励 |
[29:22] | We’re fellow travelers. | 我们是同行 |
[29:23] | Warriors of words. Soldiers of syntax. | 化文字为勇士 化语句士兵 |
[29:25] | Pugilists of prose. | 化散文为拳手 |
[29:28] | Writers. | 我们是作家 |
[29:30] | Y‐you could tell I was a writer just by looking at me? | 光看外表就知道我是个作家吗 |
[29:32] | No, but… | 看不出来 不过… |
[29:33] | who the hell else moves out here for three months? | 要不是作家 还有谁会搬来这儿住三个月 |
[29:37] | I’m Austin Summers, better‐than‐average playwright. | 我叫奥斯汀·萨默斯 是个还过得去的剧作家 |
[29:40] | Oh, stop being an asshole and feigning humility. | 别跟个混蛋似的装谦虚了 |
[29:43] | You’re as modest as Narcissus himself. | 你就跟纳齐苏斯一样谦虚 |
[29:46] | Austin has three Tonys and a Peabody. | 奥斯汀得过三个托尼奖和一个皮博迪奖 |
[29:49] | My name is Sarah Cunningham. | 我叫萨拉·坎宁安 |
[29:52] | But I write under the pseudonym | 不过我用的是笔名 |
[29:54] | Belle Noir. | 贝尔·努瓦尔 |
[29:56] | No shit. You’re Belle Noir? | 天啊 你就是贝尔·努瓦尔 |
[29:59] | Don’t tell me you like romance novels. | 别跟我说你喜欢看爱情小说 |
[30:01] | Not usually, but your stuff is way better | 不常看 可你写得很好 |
[30:03] | than the typical dime store crap. | 比那些典型的廉价书店垃圾文学好多了 |
[30:05] | It is deep and moving. | 你写得很深刻很感人 |
[30:07] | That recent adaptation of, uh, | 最近被改编成桑德拉·布洛克拍的电影 |
[30:09] | “My Sister is an Only Child” with Sandra Bullock? | “我妹妹是独生女” |
[30:12] | Oh, my God. That was incredibly heartbreaking. | 我的天 那部真的让我心碎 |
[30:16] | Drink with us. | 一起喝吧 |
[30:17] | Oh, no, I… I don’t think I’m worthy. | 不了 我觉得我不够格 |
[30:19] | I’m just a… I’m a crap screenwriter | 我只是个蹩脚编剧 |
[30:22] | with a bunch of studio rewrites | 作品总被工作室退回重写 |
[30:23] | and a bunch of busted pilots. | 还有一堆被砍的试播节目 |
[30:25] | Bullshit. | 胡扯 |
[30:27] | You’re one of us. Sit. | 你是我们的一员 坐吧 |
[30:30] | All right. | 好吧 |
[30:33] | Listen, I’ve been coming out here | 我从很多年前开始 |
[30:35] | to write for the winter for a few years now. | 每逢冬天就来这儿写作 |
[30:39] | Belle’s spent, what, a couple more than that? | 贝尔还要早些吧 |
[30:42] | This place, it just, | 这个地方 |
[30:46] | Inspires us. | 给我们带来灵感 |
[30:48] | I think you guys would prefer being here in the summer. | 我以为你们会更喜欢夏天时来这里 |
[30:50] | God, no. | 才不会呢 |
[30:52] | With all those tourists and sunshine? | 我们难道会喜欢熙熙攘攘的游客和烈日吗 |
[30:55] | The kind of vitamin D I like doesn’t come from the sun. | 我喜欢的那种维生素D不是从阳光里汲取的 |
[31:01] | I arrive in November | 我十一月到这里 |
[31:03] | with nothing but a case of good brandy | 只带了一箱上好的白兰地 |
[31:05] | and some clothes and fur coats. | 还有些衣服和皮草外套 |
[31:08] | And by the time May rolls around, | 到了五月 |
[31:09] | I’ve got a masterpiece “New York Times” best seller. | 我就写出了纽约时报的畅销书 |
[31:13] | ‐ And I show up with a stack of porno mags | 我来到这儿的时候带着一堆色情书 |
[31:15] | and a Casio keyboard, | 和一个卡西欧键盘 |
[31:17] | and by the great spring thaw… | 春天来临的时候 |
[31:19] | boom! | 嘭 |
[31:19] | Guaranteed sloppy BJ from “The New York Times.” | 保证是纽约时报的头条 |
[31:24] | I hate to leave. | 我讨厌离开这里 |
[31:25] | It’s so fun and creative here. | 这边即有趣又有生机 |
[31:27] | Don’t you just love an Aperol Spritz in the wintertime? | 有谁会不喜欢在冬天喝杯阿佩罗鸡尾酒 |
[31:31] | It’s breaking all the rules. | 它打破了所有陈规 |
[31:32] | And I’m here for that. | 我就是为此而来 |
[31:34] | Man, I could really use some of the inspiration | 我真的很希望 |
[31:37] | you guys seem to have on tap. I…I, uh… | 能像你们一样身上满是灵感 我… |
[31:43] | I’m having some writer’s block, | 说实话 |
[31:44] | if I’m being totally honest. | 我陷入写作瓶颈了 |
[31:46] | Well, that won’t last long. | 放心 你很快就会克服的 |
[31:48] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[32:02] | Karen. | 凯伦 |
[32:03] | I just want the gristle and fat, bitch! | 贱人 我只想要些软骨和肥肉 |
[32:06] | Scraps you’re gonna throw to the maggots anyway. | 反正你都是会喂给蛆虫 |
[32:08] | Do I need to be a maggot to get your leftovers? | 难道要我成为蛆才能吃剩饭吗 |
[32:10] | Good Lord. | 天哪 |
[32:12] | It’s like a modern‐day “Les Mis” over there. | 这像是现代版的”悲惨世界” |
[32:14] | I told you not to come in here anymore, Karen. | 凯伦 我跟你说过别再来了 |
[32:15] | Uh, leave her alone. | 别管她 |
[32:17] | The poor woman has consumption, Inspector Javert. | 沙威探长 那个可怜的女人得了肺痨 |
[32:20] | Have pity. | 可怜可怜她吧 |
[32:22] | I told you to get out of this place! | 我提醒过你离开这里 |
[32:24] | You stay away from those two. | 你离他俩远点儿 |
[32:26] | Stay away from all these bloodsucking motherfuckers. | 远离这些吸血的混蛋 |
[32:29] | ‐ Out. ‐ I’m warning you! | -滚出去 -我警告你 |
[32:31] | ‐ Come on. ‐ I’m warning you! | -快走 -我警告你 |
[32:33] | Get off of me. | 放开我 |
[32:35] | Mm, how terribly flawed and human. | 堕落又扭曲的本性啊 |
[32:40] | If that doesn’t inspire the muse to visit you, | 如果那都不能激发你的灵感 |
[32:42] | I don’t know what will. | 我不知道还有什么会了 |
[35:13] | You want me to stay the night? | 你要我留下来过夜吗 |
[35:14] | It’s only 40 bucks extra. | 只要多付四十块 |
[35:16] | Bullshit. | 滚蛋 |
[35:18] | You’re the one that should pay me. | 你才是该付钱的人 |
[35:20] | I’ve seen that shack you boys live in. | 我见过你们住的破屋子 |
[35:22] | I have heat and the scent of Rigaud candles. | 我这儿有暖气和里高德蜡烛的香味 |
[35:26] | Well, then it’s $50 for the fuck, | 那要上床的话得五十块 |
[35:27] | ’cause I gotta get going. | 因为我得走了 |
[35:28] | I’ll give you $200 for a taste. | 给你两百块让我尝尝 |
[35:31] | No. | 不行 |
[35:32] | You almost killed me last time. | 你上次差点把我搞死了 |
[35:34] | You took it too far, Belle. | 贝尔 你做过头了 |
[35:36] | It’s the crystal meth you took. | 你刚吸的冰毒 |
[35:37] | It…it got me overexcited. | 让我… 极度兴奋 |
[35:39] | – Come on, just… ‐ No. | -拜托 就… -不可以 |
[35:40] | ‐ I’ll give you $300. ‐ No. | -给你三百块 -不行 |
[35:42] | I suck you, or you don’t get shit! | 我给你口交 要不然你啥都别想要 |
[35:45] | How’s that for a deal? | 这样如何 |
[35:46] | Okay. | 行 |
[35:48] | Just…just do it quick. | 速战… 速决 |
[36:48] | I can’t. | 我不行 |
[36:49] | I can’t do it. Please. | 我干不了 拜托 |
[36:51] | Please. | 求你了 |
[36:52] | I’m begging. | 求求你 |
[36:54] | You have three hours. | 你还有三小时解决 |
[37:32] | I’ll need you to come down | 你明天得过来 |
[37:33] | to give an official statement tomorrow. | 录个正式的口供 |
[37:35] | Do we have to get a lawyer? | 我们需要找个律师吗 |
[37:37] | No, the man broke into your house and attacked you. | 不用 是那人冲进你家袭击了你 |
[37:40] | Massachusetts isn’t Texas, but even here, | 马萨诸塞州不是德州 可即使是这里 |
[37:42] | you’re allowed to defend yourself in your home. | 在自己家还是算正当防卫的 |
[37:45] | No one’s gonna miss some tweaker | 没人会想念一个 |
[37:46] | who was looking to steal a stereo to get high. | 靠偷音响来买药嗑的混混 |
[37:48] | He didn’t just want to steal. He tried to… | 他不只是想来偷东西 他还想… |
[37:51] | What? He tried to what? | 想什么 他想做什么 |
[37:53] | He tried to bite my throat out. | 他想咬断我的喉咙 |
[37:55] | It felt like that’s what he came for. | 感觉那才是他的目的 |
[38:03] | Come by my office anytime after 2:00 tomorrow. | 明天两点后来我办公室 |
[38:06] | I doubt you’ll have any more trouble tonight. | 我想你今晚不会再碰上麻烦了 |
[38:22] | How’s Alma? | 阿尔玛怎么样了 |
[38:24] | She’s upstairs. | 她在楼上 |
[38:25] | Told her to stay there no matter what. | 我跟她说不管发生什么都别下来 |
[38:26] | She doesn’t know what happened. | 她还不知道发生了什么 |
[38:28] | Good. Let’s keep it that way. | 很好 别告诉她 |
[38:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[38:36] | For protecting us. | 谢谢你保护我们 |
[38:37] | I’m gonna do more of it tomorrow. | 我明天会为此付出更多 |
[38:39] | We’re leaving. | 我们离开这里 |
[38:41] | There are plenty of places in Maine or Nantucket | 在缅因 南塔开特或汉普顿有很多地方 |
[38:45] | or the Hamptons where I can write in peace | 我可以继续安静的写作 |
[38:47] | and there aren’t lunatic mimes with razor teeth trying to kill us. | 那儿也没有呲着锋利牙齿的哑巴想杀我们 |
[38:54] | What? | 怎么了 |
[38:56] | I don’t know, you just… | 我不知道 你… |
[39:00] | You just forgot that I was supposed to do a job | 你忘了我们来这里 |
[39:01] | while we’re here too. | 我还有任务 |
[39:04] | No, I didn’t forget. I…I… | 没有 我没忘 我… |
[39:06] | I assumed you wanted to leave. | 我还以为你想离开这儿 |
[39:08] | I do. | 我是想走 |
[39:10] | No, I do. We should. | 我想离开 我们应该离开 |
[39:33] | Come in, you sad, pathetic soul. | 进来吧 你这可怜的家伙 |
[39:40] | Oh, it’s… | 里面真… |
[39:42] | it’s warm in here. | 里面真暖和 |
[39:44] | Where did you get it? | 你从哪弄来的 |
[39:46] | Wellfleet. | 韦尔弗利特 |
[39:49] | I’m going to hell for this. | 为此我会下地狱的 |
[39:51] | Most people would sell their soul for greatness. | 大多数人会为了伟业出卖自己的灵魂 |
[39:53] | I know I did. | 我就是如此 |
[39:55] | But it takes a pretty miserable piece of human garbage | 为了接近成功 就需要一个人类垃圾 |
[39:58] | to sell it just to get up close to greatness. | 去出卖灵魂 |
[40:01] | I don’t do this to be close to you. | 我这么做不是为了靠近你 |
[40:03] | Of course not. That would be too poetic. | 你当然不会 那可太诗意了 |
[40:06] | You do it for this. | 你这么做是因为这个 |
[40:09] | I do it | 我这么做 |
[40:11] | because you promised to protect me from the others. | 是因为你说过能保护我 |
[40:13] | Whatever helps you sleep at night, sweetheart. | 能让你睡个好觉就行 宝贝 |
[40:16] | Now hand over the bag. | 把包给我 |
[40:28] | Now scram! | 滚吧 |
[41:08] | I don’t want to go back to New York. | 我不想回纽约 |
[41:11] | Honey, it’s just till we can find a rental someplace else. | 亲爱的 我们还可以在别处租房子 |
[41:15] | There’s lots of places like this. | 有很多这样的地方 |
[41:17] | Look up photos of Nantucket. | 你查查楠塔基特岛的图片 |
[41:19] | It’s beautiful. | 很漂亮 |
[41:20] | I guess this house is haunted now. | 我猜这房子真闹鬼了 |
[41:55] | ‐ Hello? ‐ Harry. It’s Austin Summers. | -喂 -哈利 我是奥斯汀·萨默斯 |
[41:59] | I, uh… | 我… |
[42:01] | listen, I want you to come over to my place | 我想让你马上来我这一趟 |
[42:02] | right away, would you? | 行吗 |
[42:04] | I’m just up Miller Hill. | 我住在米勒山 |
[42:07] | wow, Austin, thank you. | 奥斯汀 谢谢 |
[42:08] | I’d love to, but, um, now’s not a good time. | 我很想去 但是 现在不是时候 |
[42:13] | We’re…we’re leaving, actually. | 事实上… 我们要离开了 |
[42:14] | Well, don’t do that. I need to see you. | 别啊 我还要见你呢 |
[42:17] | I have something for you that is gonna cure | 我有东西给你 |
[42:20] | your writer’s block. | 能帮你解决写作瓶颈 |
[42:24] | I’ll be right over. | 我马上过去 |
[42:29] | ♪ If you’re fond of sand dunes And salty air ♪ | ♪ 如果你喜欢沙丘和咸风 ♪ |
[42:36] | ♪ Quaint little villages Here and there ♪ | ♪ 古雅的乡村随处可见 ♪ |
[42:41] | ♪ You’re sure ♪ | ♪ 你一定 ♪ |
[42:42] | ♪ You’re sure to fall in love With old Cape Cod ♪ | ♪ 一定会爱上这古老的鳕鱼角 ♪ |
[42:48] | ♪ Old Cape Cod ♪ | ♪ 古老的鳕鱼角 ♪ |
[42:51] | ♪ That old Cape Cod ♪ | ♪ 那个古老的鳕鱼角 ♪ |
[42:54] | ♪ If you like the taste Of lobster stew ♪ | ♪ 如果你喜欢龙虾炖的味道 ♪ |
[43:01] | ♪ Served by a window With an ocean view ♪ | ♪ 坐在窗边遥看海景 ♪ |
[43:07] | Sure you don’t want one? | 你确定不来一杯吗 |
[43:09] | No, thanks. I don’t like to get drunk during the day. | 不了 谢谢 我不想在白天喝醉 |
[43:12] | Well, the key is to be drunk so often, | 我倒是经常醉生梦死 |
[43:15] | you can’t tell the difference between being drunk and sober. | 以至于分不清醉酒与现实 |
[43:17] | You’re just drunk or… | 只要你醉了 还是… |
[43:20] | more drunk. | 更醉 |
[43:22] | I need to drive. We’re…we’re headed out this afternoon. | 我还要开车… 我们下午就出发了 |
[43:25] | What do you wear when you write? | 你写作的时候穿什么 |
[43:26] | See, I prefer pajamas. | 我更喜欢睡衣 |
[43:28] | I bought these at Charvet in Paris. | 我在巴黎买的夏维 |
[43:31] | They cost a fortune. | 可值钱了 |
[43:33] | But I read somewhere that people enjoy things more | 我在哪看到 你钱花得越多 |
[43:35] | if you pay a lot for them, so… | 就越享受 所以… |
[43:37] | So that’s your secret to curing writer’s block? | 所以这就是你解决写作瓶颈的方法吗 |
[43:39] | Expensive pajamas? | 昂贵的睡衣 |
[43:41] | Of course not. | 当然不是 |
[43:42] | I was just making conversation to put myself at ease. | 我只是想开个玩笑放松一下 |
[43:45] | But if you wanna just stick it in | 你要是没时间时让我做做铺垫 |
[43:48] | without taking the time to lube me up, | 想直入主题的话 |
[43:50] | fine. | 也行 |
[43:52] | That’s fine. | 可以 |
[44:01] | What are these? | 这是什么 |
[44:05] | They don’t have a name. | 没有学名 |
[44:07] | Funny how we found a pill to help artists and writers | 我们发现了这种药来帮助艺术家和作家 |
[44:09] | but none of us have ever given it a name. | 但没人给它取名 有趣吧 |
[44:14] | What is it, speed? | 是什么 兴奋剂吗 |
[44:16] | Microdose of LSD? | 还是微量迷幻药 |
[44:18] | I tried writing on psilocybin once, but it was all shit. | 我之前试过迷幻蘑菇 但是没个屁用 |
[44:22] | I used to be like you. | 我之前跟你一样 |
[44:24] | I thought small. I wrote small. | 思想狭隘 写作浅显 |
[44:26] | Little plays about little things | 也就写些小玩意 |
[44:27] | and made little money and attracted little attention. | 赚不了多少钱 也没有什么关注 |
[44:31] | I had a friend, though. | 但我之前的朋友 |
[44:31] | He writes for television. You’d know the name. | 他给电视撰稿 你应该知道他 |
[44:34] | Disgustingly prolific. Silly rich. | 写了一大堆 超有钱 |
[44:36] | Couldn’t write a thank‐you note without someone | 要是不给他颁个奖 |
[44:37] | handing him a trophy of some kind. | 他连个感谢信都不肯写 |
[44:41] | And I thought to myself, “How is he doing it?” | 我寻思 “他是怎么做到的” |
[44:45] | And all I knew is that he spent his winters here | 我只知道他冬天会在这 |
[44:47] | and when he returned to the city, | 等到他回城的时候 |
[44:51] | he had a stack of new material as long as my johnson. | 就能有一堆新材料 |
[44:54] | He invited me out here one winter, | 有一次冬天他请我到这来 |
[44:56] | and when I arrived, he handed me one of those… | 我到之后 他给了我这个东西… |
[44:59] | ♪ Tragic, magic ♪ | ♪ 悲剧 魔法♪ |
[45:00] | ♪ Little black pills ♪ | ♪ 黑色小药丸♪ |
[45:03] | And within an hour, I was banging away at the keyboard | 仅仅一小时 我就跟莫扎特弹大键琴一样 |
[45:05] | like Amadeus at his harpsichord. | 疯狂敲键盘 |
[45:07] | You’re fucking with me. | 你在耍我 |
[45:08] | If I was fucking with you, | 我要是耍你 |
[45:10] | I would have told you to take them rectally. | 我就会让你把药从直肠灌进去 |
[45:13] | But I’m telling you, those pills are it. | 但我跟你说 就是这个药 |
[45:15] | How do you think Belle writes two books a year? | 不然贝尔为什么能一年写两本书 |
[45:16] | Who made them? What’s in them? | 谁弄的这些药 里面是什么 |
[45:18] | Who cares? They work. | 谁在乎啊 有用就行 |
[45:20] | What about side effects? | 副作用呢 |
[45:22] | Lots. | 很多 |
[45:23] | Like, uh, suddenly having | 比如 突然间 |
[45:25] | to deal with millions of adoring fans | 拥有上百万粉丝 |
[45:27] | and finding ways to spend all that new money. | 赚了大笔钱 还花不出去 |
[45:29] | There’s a catch. | 有蹊跷 |
[45:30] | There’s always a catch. | 凡是都有蹊跷 |
[45:31] | ♪ Again I say who cares ♪ | ♪ 我再说一遍 谁在乎 ♪ |
[45:33] | ♪ You chose this life ♪ | ♪ 你选择这种生活 ♪ |
[45:36] | You could have been a fucking English teacher | 你原本可以当个英语老师 |
[45:39] | or an adman | 或者广告商 |
[45:40] | or help run your daddy’s sporting goods store. | 或者帮你爸打理体育用品店什么的 |
[45:43] | My father was a lawyer. | 我爸是律师 |
[45:44] | Yes, but you chose to be a writer. | 好吧 但你选择成为一名作家 |
[45:48] | Because you don’t really live in this world. | 因为你并不生活在这种世俗中 |
[45:50] | You observe it. | 你观察这个世界 |
[45:52] | You interpret it. You feed off of it. | 为它注解 以它为生 |
[45:53] | And then you sit and you put words together | 然后你坐下来 写下文字 |
[45:56] | so that the poor suckers who do live in the world | 好让那些活在世上的可怜之人 |
[45:59] | can see what they look like, | 能看见他们长什么样 |
[46:00] | who they are, why they hurt. | 他们是谁 为什么疼痛 |
[46:03] | And you chose it because you want love | 你选择它是因为你想要爱 |
[46:05] | and attention | 想要关注 |
[46:07] | and barrels of money. | 还有一沓沓的钱 |
[46:09] | It’s fucking insane. But those are the only things | 真他妈疯狂 但这是唯一 |
[46:12] | that can fill that hole in your soul. | 能够填补你灵魂空洞的东西了 |
[46:18] | Hole in your soul. | 灵魂空洞 |
[46:20] | Hole in your soul. | 灵魂空洞 |
[46:22] | Hole in your soul! | 灵魂空洞 |
[46:27] | Hole in your soul. | 灵魂空洞 |
[46:35] | I don’t like choices you can’t come back from. | 我不喜欢没有回头路的选择 |
[46:40] | Are you a real writer? | 你真的是作家吗 |
[46:43] | I like to think so. | 我认为是 |
[46:44] | I don’t think you are. | 我觉得你不是 |
[46:46] | ‘Cause if you were… | 你若真是作家… |
[46:51] | You wouldn’t care what the price was for getting uncorked. | 就不会关心突破瓶颈需要什么代价 |
[46:55] | You’d rather die than keep all of those wonderful words | 你宁愿死 也不愿意将美妙的文字 |
[46:58] | bottled up inside of you. | 深埋于心底 |
[47:04] | Take the pill, Harry. | 拿着 哈利 |
[47:09] | Or at least try it. | 或者试一下也行 |
[47:16] | Harry. | 哈利 |
[47:18] | You won’t be sorry! | 你不会后悔的 |
[47:33] | Hi, Ursula. | 嗨 厄休拉 |
[47:34] | ‐ Hey, Harry. How’s P‐town? | 哈利 普镇怎么样 |
[47:36] | Are you having any “chowdah” while you’re “pahking”? | 你有灵感了吗 |
[47:40] | You know, to be honest, it’s been kind of weird here. | 讲真 这地方有点怪异 |
[47:43] | We’re about to leave, actually. | 我们要走了 |
[47:44] | Wait, what? Why? Where you gonna go? | 等等 为什么 你要去哪 |
[47:46] | Back to the city till I can | 回城里去 |
[47:47] | find someplace else for me to go write. | 等找到其他能写作的地方再说 |
[47:49] | Okay, uh, Harry? | 哈利 听好了 |
[47:51] | No fucking way. | 绝对不行 |
[47:53] | You need to stay there | 你得待在那 |
[47:54] | and finish your pilot, like, yesterday. | 写完试播集 昨天就该截止了 |
[47:56] | I know, I’m just… | 我知道 只是… |
[47:57] | I’m really not feeling it yet. | 我真的没找到感觉 |
[47:59] | Okay, Harry, I’m gonna speak straight to you. | 好吧哈利 我跟你直说吧 |
[48:01] | Fuck you really hard right up the ass. | 去你妈的 |
[48:04] | Not feeling it? | 没灵感吗 |
[48:05] | Rappers are allowed to not feel it. | 说唱歌手可以没灵感 |
[48:07] | Uh, girlfriends commenting on clothes | 女性朋友评论闺蜜试穿的衣服 |
[48:09] | their friends are trying on are allowed to not feel it. | 可以没灵感 |
[48:12] | You are a professional writer, | 而你是个职业作家 |
[48:14] | and you feel it when the work bell rings, every time. | 每一次工作 你都应该有灵感 |
[48:17] | What’s the difference if the pilot’s done now | 试播集现在写完 和六个月之后写完 |
[48:19] | or six months from now? | 有什么区别 |
[48:23] | Okay, Harry, I’m gonna speak even straighter to you. | 行吧 哈利 我再说白一点 |
[48:25] | Do you understand that the job you used to have | 你知不知道你过去的工作 |
[48:27] | literally does not exist anymore? | 已经不存在了 |
[48:29] | I mean, co‐EP on some network procedural? | 网络程序合录碟啥的 |
[48:32] | Those shows are dinosaurs. | 那些节目都是老古董了 |
[48:33] | If you want to continue being a professional writer, | 你要是还想做一个职业作家 |
[48:36] | you’ve gotta create your own thing. | 你就得写出自己的东西 |
[48:38] | Now. Today. | 就现在 今天 |
[48:41] | Look buddy, you know I love you, okay? | 老兄 你知道我爱你 好吧 |
[48:43] | But if you screw this up, | 但这件事你要是搞砸了 |
[48:45] | it’s gonna take you years to recover if you ever even do. | 即使能弥补 也要花好几年 |
[48:48] | Goodbye. Go write. | 再见 赶紧写吧 |