时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | We have a deal with The Butcher, | 我们跟屠夫达成了协议 |
[00:11] | and she’s gonna get you back. | 她会来带你们走的 |
[00:15] | There was no way out. | 根本没有出路 |
[00:18] | Oh, my God. They’re coming. | 天呐 他们来了 |
[00:20] | What do we do? | 我们怎么办 |
[00:22] | Of all the horrors I’d seen… | 我见过那么多恐怖的景象 |
[00:24] | this one affected me… to the core. | 这种影响 深入了我的灵魂 |
[00:34] | I gave up. There was no way out. | 我放弃了 根本没有出路 |
[00:37] | I just tried to soak up every last second I had left. | 我只想努力享受我所剩的每一刻 |
[00:46] | 历史学家 桃乐丝·卡恩斯·古德温 | |
[00:46] | There are very few homes in United States | 美国没有几栋房子 |
[00:48] | that have a history as interesting | 像1792年由爱德华·费利佩·莫特 |
[00:50] | as the big Shaker mansion built in 1792 | 建造的萨博尼路900号 大震教徒别墅这样 |
[00:53] | by Edward Philippe Mott, at 900 Sappony Road. | 有如此精彩的历史 |
[00:56] | As Daphne du Maurier has famously written, | 正如达芙妮·杜穆里埃笔下的名句 |
[00:59] | “Who can either affirm or deny | “谁能说准 |
[01:00] | “That the houses that sheltered us as children, adults, | 承载了我们童年 成年 |
[01:03] | “And our predecessors, too, | 和祖先记忆的房屋 |
[01:04] | “Have not embedded in their walls | 其墙壁内 |
[01:06] | “The imprint of what was then, | 没有留下当时的 |
[01:07] | the suffering, the joy?” | 痛苦和欢乐” |
[01:09] | I cannot speak to the joy at the house at Sappony, | 萨博尼宅的欢乐我说不好 |
[01:12] | but there certainly was plenty of suffering. | 但痛苦的确是不少 |
[01:15] | Lot 5. | 5号拍卖品 |
[01:17] | Portrait of a Nobleman, 1789, | 贵族画像 1789年 |
[01:21] | by John Alden Peale. | 约翰·奥登·皮尔作 |
[01:26] | Sir! | 先生 |
[01:31] | Sir! We are in the middle of taking bids. | 先生 我们正在进行拍卖呢 |
[01:35] | Well, stop. | 那停下吧 |
[01:37] | Everyone go home! | 都回家去 |
[01:39] | I am buying the whole lot. | 我要把东西全买下 |
[01:41] | I won’t be outbid so you’re all wasting your time. | 你们出价不会比我高 所以只会浪费时间 |
[01:46] | Even amongst the rich of the day, | 即便在当时的富人当中 |
[01:47] | he was envied for his great wealth. | 他的巨大财富也令人艳羡 |
[01:49] | Family money, of course. | 当然 是家族遗产 |
[02:02] | Edward had what would probably be diagnosed now | 爱德华如果在现在 大概会被诊断为 |
[02:05] | as severe social anxiety. | 患有严重社交恐惧症 |
[02:06] | He hated being around people. | 他讨厌与人相处 |
[02:09] | So he went as far away as he could from the parties | 所以他尽量远离了费城的 |
[02:11] | and the excitement of Philadelphia. | 派对和热闹 |
[02:13] | He found a plot of land deep in the North Carolina woods | 他在北卡罗来纳州树林深处发现了一块地 |
[02:16] | on Roanoke River’s edge and bought it from the state. | 就在罗厄诺克河边 从州政府那儿买下了它 |
[02:19] | Then he sent Shakers down to build a retreat, | 然后他派震教徒去建一座别苑 |
[02:22] | an escape where he and his beloved artwork could be alone. | 能让他和他深爱的艺术品独处的世外桃源 |
[02:26] | Welcome home, sir. | 先生 欢迎回家 |
[02:30] | More paintings? | 又有画作吗 |
[02:32] | The house is coming along. | 这房子快完工了 |
[02:35] | How goes the underground work? | 地下的工程怎么样 |
[02:37] | They dig day and night. | 他们日夜兼程地地挖 |
[02:38] | It’s slow work, because of all the trees. | 工程缓慢 因为有很多树 |
[02:40] | Deep roots in these woods. | 在树林里根深蒂固 |
[02:43] | It must be done. | 必须要完成 |
[02:45] | The artworks in this house are worth more | 这间房子里的艺术品比 |
[02:47] | than every tobacco farm in the state put together. | 这个州所有的烟草农场加起来都要值钱 |
[02:50] | If kidnappers come for them, | 如果强盗冲它们而来 |
[02:51] | we need to be able to facilitate their escape. | 我们得把画保护好 |
[03:11] | There were numerous incidents | 建造房子的同时 |
[03:12] | during the building of the house. | 有无数事件发生 |
[03:19] | Odd stories. | 怪事 |
[03:23] | Mischief, mostly. | 多数是恶作剧 |
[03:32] | Put these in the main parlor. | 把这些放到主起居室 |
[03:33] | The Peale goes over the mantel. | 皮尔的作品放在壁炉上面 |
[03:38] | Wait! Come back. | 等等 回来 |
[03:44] | He left his wife and young heir back in Philadelphia | 他把他的妻子和幼子留在了费城 |
[03:47] | to be down at his Carolina castle | 自己却与情人和艺术品 |
[03:49] | with his lover and his art. | 待在卡罗莱纳的城堡里 |
[03:52] | He positioned each one carefully, | 他小心摆放每一件艺术品 |
[03:53] | often rotating them from room to room. | 经常把它们在不同房间轮流放置 |
[04:00] | Bring the Gainsborough in here | 把盖恩斯伯勒拿来 |
[04:02] | and put her opposite the new Peale. | 把她放在皮尔新画的对面 |
[04:02] | 皮尔·波纳尔 法国后印象派与那比派画家和版画家 | |
[04:06] | He needs someone to talk to when we aren’t here. | 我们不在的时候 他能有个伴儿聊天 |
[04:35] | They judge us. | 他们对我们指指点点 |
[04:37] | I can see the way they look. | 我能看出他们的眼神 |
[04:40] | I should get rid of all of them except for you. | 我应该把他们赶出去 除了你 |
[04:43] | Then I would be working all day instead of playing | 那我就得整天工作 |
[04:47] | with this. | 而不是玩这个了 |
[04:53] | The art never judges. | 艺术品就不会对人评头论足 |
[04:58] | I envy it. | 我羡慕它 |
[05:00] | Life in two dimensions. | 活在平面中 |
[05:03] | Frozen in forever beauty. | 静止在永恒的美丽中 |
[05:07] | To watch the world go by unencumbered by the gossip | 静看世界变幻 |
[05:11] | and the pain of three-dimensional men. | 不受三维人类的流言与苦痛纷扰 |
[05:19] | I love them, you know? | 我爱它们 |
[05:22] | The paintings. | 这些画 |
[05:25] | Even more than I love you. | 甚至超过了我爱你 |
[05:28] | Stop talking and make love to me. | 别说话 跟我做爱吧 |
[05:33] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[05:35] | But first let’s rouge each other’s nipples. | 我们先互捻乳头吧 |
[05:43] | Edward wasn’t there two days before | 爱德华在那儿住了两天 |
[05:44] | things started getting extremely weird. | 回来后事情变得极其诡异 |
[06:27] | No. No. | 不 不 |
[06:48] | Which one? | 是谁 |
[06:51] | Which one of you destroyed my Peale?! | 到底是谁毁了我的皮尔 |
[06:55] | Speak up! | 说啊 |
[06:57] | Goddamn you! Speak up! | 该死的 说啊 |
[07:01] | Speak up! Speak up! | 说啊 说啊 |
[07:03] | Mr. Mott! | 莫特先生 |
[07:05] | I swear… | 我发誓 |
[07:06] | I saw a big white woman and a young man | 就在你尖叫的几分钟前 |
[07:09] | in the yard by the woods | 我看见了一个白种女人和一个年轻男人 |
[07:11] | a few minutes before you screamed. | 在树丛旁的院子里 |
[07:20] | Lies! | 撒谎 |
[07:21] | Lies! Lies! Lies! Lies! | 撒谎 撒谎 撒谎 撒谎 |
[07:30] | You will stay there until the murderer confesses his crime. | 你们都给我待在这 直到有人认罪 |
[07:45] | There are your thief’s rations! | 这就是给你们这些贼人的口粮 |
[07:47] | You can fight over them! | 你们可以争个够 |
[07:53] | Close it up! | 关上 |
[08:14] | Do not judge me. | 不许指责我 |
[08:19] | Need I remind you that you are a servant as well? | 要我提醒你 你也是个下人吗 |
[08:23] | Do not think your velvet tongue | 不要以为你有天鹅绒一样的舌头 |
[08:24] | and purple cockhead are enough to make you any more than that. | 和紫色的龟头 你就能高人一等了 |
[08:32] | Do not find yourself in my sight for the rest of the night! | 今晚都不要出现在我的视线里 |
[08:35] | Or blood will spill! | 不然就让你血溅当场 |
[08:46] | What we know of the rest of that night, | 盖尼斯告诉我们 |
[08:48] | and the apparent end of Edward Mott, was told by Guiness. | 那晚就是爱德华·莫特的末日 |
[09:36] | Unhand me, you fools! | 放开我 蠢货 |
[09:39] | Who are you?! | 你们是谁 |
[09:40] | This is my land! Mine! | 这是我的土地 我的 |
[09:42] | You are trespassing! | 你们是擅闯私地 |
[09:43] | This land is mine. | 这片土地是我的 |
[09:45] | This land will always be mine, | 这片土地永远都属于我 |
[09:47] | and I shall consecrate my holy right to it with thy blood! | 我将用你的鲜血将我的神圣权利献给这片土地 |
[09:57] | No! | 不 |
[09:58] | No! | 不 |
[10:00] | No! | 不 |
[10:01] | No! | 不 |
[10:23] | At some point during all of this apparent mayhem, | 骚乱期间 |
[10:25] | Guiness rode away on one of the horses. | 盖尼斯骑上马逃走了 |
[10:28] | But nobody or evidence of a giant fire was ever found. | 但是没有人 也没有证据能证明那里起过大火 |
[10:31] | Guiness ended up in jail, | 盖尼斯最后进了监狱 |
[10:33] | accused of murdering his master and hiding the body. | 被指控谋杀他的主人以及藏尸 |
[10:37] | He neglected to tell anyone | 不过 他没有告诉跟任何人 |
[10:38] | about the servants in the root cellar, though. | 说起那些被关在地窖里的仆人 |
[10:47] | The house remained in the Mott trust | 一个多世纪来这栋房子一直属于莫特家族 |
[10:49] | for over a century, but it was said that | 但是有人说 |
[10:51] | madness always ran in the family. | 这个家族总是有人发疯 |
[10:53] | The line ended in scandal when the last Mott died | 莫特最后一代1952年于南佛罗里达去世 |
[10:56] | in South Florida in 1952. | 这个家族在丑闻中走到了终结 |
[10:58] | At that point the house was bought and sold a few times, | 随后 这座房子被买卖了几次 |
[11:00] | but no one ever stayed for long. | 可没有人能在那久住 |
[11:02] | Do you believe it was haunted? | 你相信它闹鬼吗 |
[11:04] | Do I? I’m an historian. | 我吗 我是名历史学家 |
[11:06] | It would make my life a lot easier if the dead came back. | 死人复活能让我生活简单很多 |
[11:09] | All I can say at this point is that no one will convince me | 我现在能说的只是没人能说服我 |
[11:12] | to stay in that house overnight, | 让我在那栋房子过夜 |
[11:14] | certainly not at a full moon. | 满月的时候就更不可能了 |
[11:23] | 911, what is your emergency? | 这里是911 您遇到了什么紧急情况 |
[11:24] | I’m calling from the house on Sappony Road. | 我在萨博尼路的一栋屋子里 |
[11:26] | We need help. | 我们需要帮助 |
[11:27] | There’s a mob outside, they’re trying to kill us. | 屋外有一个邪教团体 他们要杀了我们 |
[11:28] | Matt!! | 马特 |
[11:30] | – Who’s trying to kill you, sir? – Just sent the goddamn cops | -谁要杀你们 先生 -快派警察过来 |
[11:43] | Deliver yourselves unto me, | 你们投降吧 |
[11:47] | and I shall grant you a merciful death. | 我会让你们死个痛快 |
[11:51] | It was… surreal. | 太不真实了 |
[11:57] | This wasn’t just weird sounds in the woods | 这不只是树林里的奇怪声响 |
[11:59] | or knives left in the ceiling. | 或是天花板上插着的刀 |
[12:01] | This was a mob, and they were coming for us. | 这是一个直奔我们而来的邪教 |
[12:03] | It didn’t matter if they were alive or dead, or what they were, | 他们是死是活是什么都不重要 |
[12:06] | I just knew that we had to get out of there. | 我只知道我们得赶紧离开 |
[12:09] | Usurpers! | 簒夺者 |
[12:11] | Your time is nigh. | 你们大限已到 |
[12:13] | The Blood Moon is upon us. | 血月已经升起 |
[12:16] | We must honor our covenant with the ancient gods | 我们必须遵守同古老神明定下的契约 |
[12:19] | and consecrate this land once again. | 再次献祭这片土地 |
[12:22] | You were given opportunity to cede this territory. | 你们本有机会离开这片土地 |
[12:26] | As you did not, | 但你们没有 |
[12:28] | your end shall be a merciless reckoning. | 所以你们最终只能接受无情的审判 |
[12:31] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[12:33] | – What do we do? – Take my keys. | -我们该怎么办 -拿上我的钥匙 |
[12:35] | I’ll go out first and lead them away. | 我先出去把他们引开 |
[12:37] | Oh, no. | 不 |
[12:39] | You take Flora and go straight to the truck. | 你带着芙洛拉直接去卡车那里 |
[12:42] | Matt, please. | 马特 拜托 |
[12:43] | Please, we have to stay together. | 拜托 我们得一起走 |
[12:45] | Listen to me, you have to get Flora out of here. | 听我说 你得带着芙洛拉离开这里 |
[12:48] | – Okay. Okay – I need you both safe. | -好的 好的 -我得确保你们的安全 |
[12:50] | All right, now, once you go through the front door, | 好了 现在 一旦走出前门 |
[12:52] | go straight to the truck. | 立刻去卡车那里 |
[12:53] | No matter what happens, don’t stop. | 无论发生什么 不要停 |
[12:55] | – Okay. – Promise? | -好的 -答应我 |
[12:56] | Yes. | 答应你 |
[12:57] | Uncle Matt, I’m scared. | 马特舅舅 我好害怕 |
[13:02] | I know, honey. | 我知道 亲爱的 |
[13:04] | I need you to be brave | 你要勇敢 |
[13:05] | just for a little while longer, okay? | 再撑久一点 好吗 |
[13:08] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[13:11] | Okay. | 好的 |
[13:13] | Okay. Come on. | 好吧 走吧 |
[13:18] | Look at me. | 看着我 |
[13:20] | Hold on to me as tight as you can. | 紧紧抱住我 |
[13:23] | Do you understand? | 明白吗 |
[13:25] | Do not let go. | 千万别放手 |
[13:45] | Flora! | 芙洛拉 |
[13:47] | You could feel the house… | 你能感觉到整栋房子… |
[13:50] | coming alive around you. | 活过来了 |
[13:55] | Flora? | 芙洛拉 |
[13:57] | Flora! | 芙洛拉 |
[14:02] | Flora! | 芙洛拉 |
[14:15] | Oh, shit. | 该死 |
[14:20] | Matt! | 马特 |
[14:22] | Flora? | 芙洛拉 |
[14:26] | Flora! | 芙洛拉 |
[14:32] | Look at me. | 看着我 |
[14:34] | Are you okay? Are you hurt? | 你没事吧 有受伤吗 |
[14:53] | Come on, come on. | 走吧 快点 |
[14:59] | It’s like we’d been led there. | 我们好像是被故意引去那里似的 |
[15:01] | I didn’t understand at first. | 起初我没明白 |
[15:02] | Elias… | 伊利亚斯… |
[15:04] | Elias said that past victims of The Butcher were afraid of her. | 伊利亚斯说过屠夫手下的受害者都很惧怕她 |
[15:09] | Later on I realized that she used that fear | 后来我才意识到 她利用那份恐惧 |
[15:11] | to make them do what she wanted. They corralled us. | 迫使他们任她摆布 他们把我们圈困起来 |
[15:14] | – Usurpers! – Like animals for an easy slaughter. | -篡夺者 -就像待宰的畜牲一样 |
[15:24] | What now? | 现在怎么办 |
[15:27] | We’re trapped. | 我们被困住了 |
[15:28] | Perhaps I may be of some assistance. | 也许我能帮上一点忙 |
[15:31] | No, no, no! No, no, no! | 不不不 不不不 |
[15:32] | No need for violence! My intent is not to harm you. | 不必使用暴力 我没有要伤害你们的意思 |
[15:34] | In fact it is to save you. | 恰恰相反 我是来救你们的 |
[15:36] | If you let me, | 如果你们愿意的话 |
[15:37] | I can help you escape this house. | 我可以带你们逃出这所房子 |
[15:41] | Yes. | 没错 |
[15:42] | Yes. | 没错 |
[15:49] | That’s right, in we go. | 就是这里 我们快进去吧 |
[15:50] | He told us his name. | 他告诉我们他的名字 |
[15:52] | Edward Philippe Mott. | 爱德华·费利佩·莫特 |
[15:55] | And that he was the original owner. | 说他是房子的第一任主人 |
[15:58] | As many questions as that raised, | 虽然这激起我们很多疑问 |
[15:59] | we-we didn’t have time for any more details. | 但我们没时间问清楚其他细节 |
[16:02] | Where are you taking us? | 你要带我们去哪 |
[16:03] | – Safety. – Where do these tunnels lead? | -安全的地方 -这个地道通向哪里 |
[16:06] | I thought the hillbillies built them. | 我以为是当地人修建的 |
[16:07] | I built them. | 是我建的 |
[16:09] | You’re not… | 你… |
[16:11] | You’re not alive. | 你已经死了 |
[16:13] | No, The Butcher killed me. | 不 屠夫杀了我 |
[16:15] | I will keep her from killing you. | 我要阻止她杀你们 |
[16:16] | No more, no less. | 仅此而已 |
[16:18] | Is that why you appeared? | 这就是你出现的原因吗 |
[16:20] | To save us? | 为了救我们吗 |
[16:27] | No. | 不 |
[16:29] | You’re my bane. | 你们是我的灾星 |
[16:31] | My ruin. | 毁我至深 |
[16:34] | We’re no threat to you. | 我们对你没有威胁 |
[16:36] | All that I was is no more. | 曾经的我已经一去不回 |
[16:38] | Everything precious turned to dust. | 所有的美好已化为尘埃 |
[16:41] | I have but one last sliver of grace. | 我只有一个奢求 |
[16:44] | My solitude, such as it is. | 独自清静 仅此而已 |
[16:48] | I can hardly suffer three more souls. | 我无法忍受再多出三个灵魂出来了 |
[16:54] | We must’ve walked a mile | 我们在潮湿黑暗的隧道里 |
[16:55] | in the dank and dark. | 走了一英里 |
[16:58] | In some places the walls were moving, | 有些地方墙壁是活动的 |
[17:00] | infested with insects. | 爬满了昆虫 |
[17:04] | It smelled like a grave. | 闻起来就像坟墓 |
[17:18] | I’m cold. | 我好冷 |
[17:19] | Well, better cold than the heat from The Butcher’s flames. | 感觉冷总比面对屠夫的热焰要好吧 |
[17:23] | Will this take us to the road? | 这会带我们到大路上吗 |
[17:25] | There are no roads where I go. | 我走的这里是没有路的 |
[17:27] | If we’re not going to the road, | 如果我们不是通向大路 |
[17:29] | then where the hell are you taking us? | 那你是要带我们去哪里 |
[17:31] | We can’t go aimlessly into the woods. | 我们不能漫无目的地走入树林 |
[17:32] | We’ll die of exposure. | 我们会暴露的 |
[17:37] | This is as far as I care to take you. | 我只能照顾你们到这了 |
[17:41] | The living cling to life above all, | 生者视生命高于一切 |
[17:46] | but the trophy misprized | 但往往忽略了安详逝去 |
[17:49] | is to die in peace. | 才是最好的恩赐 |
[18:01] | Come on, let’s go. | 快 我们走 |
[18:04] | Some animals are afraid of the light. | 有些动物害怕光 |
[18:09] | Their instinct is to stay hidden from it | 它们的天性就是躲避光线 |
[18:11] | because darkness means safety | 因为黑暗意味着安全 |
[18:14] | and protection from predators. | 不受捕食者追捕 |
[18:18] | We should have known that in that forest, | 我们应该知道在那片森林里 |
[18:20] | we were nothing more than prey. | 我们只是被捕食的猎物 |
[18:23] | I see a light. | 我看到光了 |
[18:28] | Pigs. | 猪 |
[18:45] | In the darkness, we didn’t recognize where we were. | 黑暗中我们无法分辨身在哪里 |
[18:51] | But it was that same house where we’d seen those feral boys | 但那座房子 就是我们看见那些野孩子 |
[18:53] | suckling the pig. | 吸吮猪乳的地方 |
[18:56] | And we weren’t alone. | 而且不止有我们在 |
[18:58] | Oh, help me, help me. | 帮帮我 帮帮我 |
[19:02] | Oh, no, no, no, no. | 不不不 |
[19:04] | No, honey, don’t look, don’t look, don’t look. | 不 亲爱的 别看 |
[19:05] | – Don’t look. – Elias? | -别看 -伊利亚斯 |
[19:08] | – What have you done to him? – You got it wrong. | -你们对他做了什么 -你弄错了 |
[19:11] | We found him full of holes. | 我们发现他全身都是洞 |
[19:13] | Arrows stuck out of him like a porcupine. | 浑身中箭 被射成了豪猪 |
[19:16] | Mama worked her magic to keep him alive. | 妈妈施了魔法维持他的生命 |
[19:19] | Mama worked her magic. | 妈妈施了魔法 |
[19:20] | Why didn’t you take him to a hospital? | 你为什么不带他去医院 |
[19:23] | He weren’t no use to nobody but us. | 除了我们 他对谁都没有用处 |
[19:25] | No use to nobody. | 对谁都没有用处 |
[19:27] | See for yourself. | 你自己去看 |
[19:28] | No, no… | 不 不… |
[19:31] | No. | 不 |
[19:34] | No more… | 不要再… |
[19:42] | Elias? | 伊利亚斯 |
[19:43] | It’s me, Matt Miller. | 是我 马特·米勒 |
[19:49] | Hi, Matt. | 你好 马特 |
[19:53] | They’re all crazy. | 他们都疯了 |
[19:55] | You have to get out of here. | 你需要离开这里 |
[19:57] | Get out before she comes. | 在她来之前离开 |
[20:00] | Look at me in pieces. | 看我这残破的身体 |
[20:03] | Mama took my leg. | 妈妈夺走了我的腿 |
[20:07] | Mama took my leg. | 妈妈夺走了我的腿 |
[20:13] | Kill me… kill me. | 杀了我 杀了我 |
[20:15] | Kill me! | 杀了我 |
[20:30] | Y’all must be famished. | 你们一定很饿 |
[20:32] | I got fresh jerky from the smokehouse. | 我从烟熏屋里拿来了肉干 |
[20:33] | No, don’t eat it. | 不 不要吃 |
[20:35] | Don’t eat it. | 不要吃 |
[20:36] | Hush it. | 安静 |
[20:39] | Please don’t hurt him. | 请不要伤害他 |
[20:41] | Another word and you bring that hammer down on his teeth. | 他再说一个字 你就拿那把斧子敲了他的牙 |
[20:46] | Help yourself, now. | 你自己来拿吧 |
[20:48] | No, thanks. | 不用 谢谢 |
[20:54] | Take it, child. | 拿着 孩子 |
[20:55] | It’s delicious. | 很好吃 |
[20:58] | She’s not hungry. | 她不饿 |
[21:00] | Don’t act all biggety. | 不要这么傲慢 |
[21:02] | You’re no better than us. | 你不比我们好到哪里去 |
[21:04] | I offer food to welcome you to my home. | 我用食物欢迎你们的到来 |
[21:07] | It’s not poison. | 这没有毒 |
[21:13] | Shit! | 见鬼 |
[21:15] | Rancid! | 发臭了 |
[21:17] | I like my meat sweet. | 我想吃鲜美的肉 |
[21:19] | I spent hours curing this! | 我花了好几个小时来处理 |
[21:21] | It’s his fault. He’s bad meat. | 都是他的错 他是块臭肉 |
[21:23] | Bad meat! | 臭肉 |
[21:24] | He’s spoilt. | 他已经腐坏了 |
[21:27] | No reason to keep it alive. | 留着他没用了 |
[21:36] | You should’ve never bought that house. | 当初你们就不该买那座房子 |
[21:38] | Come here with your big money. | 怀揣巨款匆匆而来 |
[21:40] | Outbid Ishmael at the auction. | 在拍卖会上出价高于伊什梅尔买到它 |
[21:42] | You can have it. | 你们把房子拿走吧 |
[21:43] | Move in tomorrow. | 明天就住进去 |
[21:45] | We’ll sign the deed over to you right now. | 我们现在就签署契约 |
[21:47] | We don’t want to live there. | 我们并不想住在那儿 |
[21:49] | We got places all over out here. | 在这儿我们有的是地盘 |
[21:50] | We wanted to keep it empty for The Butcher. | 我们想让房子空出来 留给屠夫 |
[21:54] | She don’t like no company. | 她不喜欢人太多 |
[21:56] | My kin made a deal with her over 200 years ago. | 我的家族在200多年前和她达成了协议 |
[22:00] | So long as she can consecrate the land | 只要每年她能在这片土地上 |
[22:02] | with fresh blood every year, she’ll leave us alone. | 用鲜血献祭 她就不会找我们麻烦了 |
[22:06] | Some years when the pickings are slim, | 有些年他们祭品不够 |
[22:08] | we help provide the sacrifice. | 我们帮助她提供祭品 |
[22:11] | In turn, nobody steps foot in the forest | 作为回敬 他们也不能踏进森林一步 |
[22:13] | and disturbs our crop. | 去破坏我们的庄稼 |
[22:16] | That cannabis grow tall in this Carolina soil. | 大麻在卡罗莱纳州的土壤里总是长得很高 |
[22:19] | Why are you telling us this? | 你为什么要告诉我们这些 |
[22:21] | Why not? | 为什么不呢 |
[22:22] | You ain’t never gonna tell nobody. | 你们永远没法告诉任何人了 |
[22:24] | No. | 不会的 |
[22:25] | We won’t. | 我们不会说的 |
[22:27] | I swear it. | 我发誓 |
[22:28] | No, sir. | 不 先生 |
[22:30] | You won’t say a peep. | 你们不会透露一个字 |
[22:33] | Not a peep. | 一个字都不行 |
[22:34] | I ain’t forgot you led the police here | 我还记着是你们让警察找来这里的 |
[22:37] | and took away our babies. | 带走了我们的孩子 |
[22:39] | My babies. | 我的宝贝 |
[22:40] | My babies! | 我的宝贝 |
[22:41] | We gonna get the boys back, I promise. | 我们会把孩子们救回来的 我保证 |
[22:44] | Please, please just let us go. | 求你们了 放我们走吧 |
[22:48] | We will go back to California | 我们会回到加利福尼亚 |
[22:50] | and no one will ever see us again. | 任何人都不会再见到我们 |
[22:52] | No, they won’t, sweet meat. | 不 他们不会的 鲜肉们 |
[22:54] | The Polks have always been as good as their word. | 波尔克家族从不食言 |
[22:57] | We have a deal with The Butcher, | 我们和屠夫达成了协议 |
[22:59] | and she’s gonna get you back. | 她会来带你们走的 |
[23:02] | As much as I wanted to get away from the Polks… | 尽管我想不顾一切地逃离波尔克一家 |
[23:06] | there was only one place worse than where I was. | 但只有一个地方可去 而且比这里更糟 |
[23:10] | And that was our house. | 那就是我们的家 |
[23:22] | It was Shelby. She called the cops, | 是谢尔比干的 是她打的电话 |
[23:25] | telling them that I had something to do | 告诉警察 |
[23:27] | with my husband’s death. | 我和我丈夫的死有关 |
[23:28] | That’s why they were holding me | 这就是为什么他们把我关起来 |
[23:30] | and questioning me over and over again. | 一遍又一遍地审问我 |
[23:34] | I knew what they were doing. I was a cop. | 我知道他们的把戏 我也曾是个警察 |
[23:37] | They only had 48 hours before they had to charge me. | 在起诉我之前 他们只能拘留我48小时 |
[23:40] | 48 wasted hours, | 这48小时纯属浪费时间 |
[23:42] | when I could’ve been out there looking for Flora. | 我本可以利用这段时间寻找芙洛拉的 |
[23:45] | Let’s go over this again. | 我们重新梳理一遍 |
[23:46] | Your sister-in-law told us | 你的弟妹告诉我们 |
[23:48] | you left around a quarter after 10:00 P.M. | 你大约在晚上十点一刻 |
[23:50] | 15 minutes after your ex-husband. | 就是你前夫离开15分钟后出了门 |
[23:53] | Now, you didn’t come back until about four hours later. | 四小时后才回来 |
[23:56] | What were you doing? | 你做什么去了 |
[23:57] | How many times do you want me to tell you the same story? | 同样的话你还想我说多少遍 |
[24:00] | You took your daughter from school | 未经允许 |
[24:02] | without permission. | 你就把女儿从学校带走 |
[24:03] | You knew your ex-husband was gonna turn you in for kidnapping. | 你知道你前夫会把你绑架的事告诉警察 |
[24:07] | Is that why you killed him? | 所以你就杀了他 是不是 |
[24:11] | These are facts, Lee. | 这些都是事实 李 |
[24:12] | I went out that night to look for my daughter, | 那天晚上我出去找我女儿去了 |
[24:13] | which is what we both should be doing right now. | 这也正是我们现在应该做的事情 |
[24:17] | Come on, look at how you found Mason! | 想想吧 发现梅森时的情况 |
[24:20] | Do you honestly think | 你真的觉得 |
[24:21] | that I could lift a grown man into that wooden thing? | 我能把一名成年男子抬到那上面去吗 |
[24:26] | Not by yourself. | 你肯定有帮手 |
[24:31] | I had nothing to do with Mason’s death. | 我和梅森的死毫无关系 |
[24:33] | So you either charge me or let me go. | 你要么起诉我 要么放我走 |
[24:36] | They tried for every minute of that 48 hours | 这48个小时他们每分钟都在审问我 |
[24:39] | to catch me in an inconsistency. | 想要找出前后矛盾的地方 |
[24:42] | But there was no lie to catch. | 但是我没撒谎 |
[24:44] | Because like Mark Twain said, | 正如马克·吐温所说 |
[24:45] | “If you tell the truth, | “如果你说的是实话 |
[24:47] | you don’t have to remember anything.” | 就不用去回想任何事” |
[24:51] | When I turned on my phone, I had, like, | 我开机的时候 |
[24:54] | 20 texts from Matt. | 我收到了马特发来的20多条短信 |
[24:56] | I couldn’t make sense of them at the time. | 那时候我根本看不懂发的是什么 |
[24:58] | They were all pretty frantic. | 每条短信都很激动 |
[25:00] | 我们找到芙洛拉了 我们找到她了 她安全了 | |
[25:00] | There was only one message that mattered. | 不过有意义的只有那一条 |
[25:04] | My baby was safe. | 我的宝贝安全了 |
[25:19] | Every time that truck bounced, | 每次那卡车颠簸一下 |
[25:21] | I was sure that gun would go off. | 我就觉得枪要走火了 |
[25:24] | I just needed a moment. | 我在等待时机 |
[25:26] | Just one. | 一瞬间即可 |
[25:33] | Slow down, peckerhead! | 慢点 混蛋 |
[26:00] | I knew I had to make a move. | 我想我必须行动了 |
[26:02] | Come on, come on. | 快来 快来 |
[26:03] | Come on, girl. Come on, Flora. | 快来 快来 芙洛拉 |
[26:04] | We were gonna die if The Butcher got her hands on us again. | 如果屠夫再抓到我们 我们必死无疑 |
[26:08] | He’s not coming for us. | 他不会来抓我们了 |
[26:12] | I figured I’d rather us take our chances in the woods | 我想与其像猪一样被杀了 |
[26:14] | than be slaughtered like pigs. | 我宁愿在树林里冒冒险 |
[26:17] | Get down. | 趴下 |
[26:18] | Get down, get down, get down. | 趴下 趴下 趴下 |
[26:57] | Whatever was going down, it was bad. | 不管发生了什么 肯定不是好事 |
[27:01] | Matt wouldn’t just ignore my call. | 马特不会不接我的电话 |
[27:03] | Especially if he had Flora. | 特别是他和芙洛拉在一起 |
[27:05] | Officer! | 警官 |
[27:11] | I need a ride. | 我需要搭下车 |
[27:27] | Put the girl in the truck. | 把女孩放在卡车上 |
[27:29] | No child should have to see this. | 孩子不该看到这些 |
[27:31] | No, no! | 不要 不要 |
[27:32] | Pl… | 请… |
[27:33] | You fashion yourself a hero, don’t you? | 你自视为英雄 是吗 |
[27:36] | Real brave and such. | 真勇敢 |
[27:38] | You come onto my land. | 你踏上我的土地 |
[27:40] | Take my babies. | 带走我的孩子 |
[27:42] | Kill my son! | 杀了我的儿子 |
[27:44] | If she didn’t want you so bad, | 如果不是她那么想要你 |
[27:46] | I’d bash your skull in right now! | 我会立刻打烂你的脑袋 |
[27:49] | And I tell you what. | 我告诉过你什么来着 |
[27:51] | You ain’t running again! | 你不能再跑了 |
[27:53] | No! No! | 不 不 |
[27:54] | Please don’t hurt him! | 请别伤害他 |
[27:56] | Please, I beg you! I beg you! | 求求你 求求你 |
[27:58] | I beg you. | 求求你 |
[27:59] | Do whatever you want to me. | 我任你处置 |
[28:00] | I won’t run again. | 我不会再跑了 |
[28:02] | Oh, no, you won’t! | 不 你不会的 |
[28:11] | Shelby. | 谢尔比 |
[28:18] | I’ve never felt more useless. | 我从未感觉自己这么没用 |
[28:24] | I don’t really remember much after that. | 之后的事我真的不太记得了 |
[28:42] | Matt. | 马特 |
[28:43] | Look at me. | 看着我 |
[28:47] | You have to save her. | 你必须救她 |
[28:51] | You have to save Flora. | 你必须救芙洛拉 |
[28:55] | You have to save… | 你必须救… |
[28:59] | Promise me you’ll save her. | 答应我 你要救她 |
[29:03] | Promise me you’ll save her. | 答应我 你要救她 |
[29:13] | I gave up. There was no way out. | 我放弃了 根本无路可逃 |
[29:17] | I just tried to soak up every last second I had left with Shelby | 我要珍惜和谢尔比在一起的每分每秒 |
[29:19] | ’cause I knew, when that truck stopped… | 因为我知道 当卡车停下时 |
[29:25] | it was all over. | 一切就都结束了 |
[29:59] | There were still so many things | 我这一生还有很多 |
[30:02] | I wanted to do with my life. | 想要做的事 |
[30:06] | Be a mother. | 成为一个母亲 |
[30:10] | Grow old with Matt. | 和马特一起慢慢变老 |
[30:14] | Open up my own yoga studio. | 开一家我自己的瑜伽馆 |
[30:18] | And I always thought that… | 而我一直认为… |
[30:22] | I’d have all the time in the world. | 自己有充足的时间 |
[30:26] | But our time was up. | 但我们已经没时间了 |
[30:44] | Thou hath lost a son tonight. | 你今晚失去了一个儿子 |
[30:47] | ‘Tis a mother’s burden to suffer the birth of her babe, | 每个母亲在孩子出生时都要遭受痛苦 |
[30:52] | but all agony pales when placed in measure | 但这痛苦与孩子不幸丧生相比 |
[30:56] | with the cold death of a child. | 怕是相形见绌 |
[31:03] | Back in the truck, boys. | 上卡车吧 孩子们 |
[31:20] | No! No, no, no, no! | 不 不 不 |
[31:25] | No, no, no… No! | 不要 不要 不要 |
[31:33] | No! | 不要 |
[31:40] | You promised she would be last. | 你保证过她会是最后一个 |
[31:42] | Now she goeth first. | 现在她成了第一个 |
[31:51] | Flora! | 芙洛拉 |
[32:01] | It was… | 那真的… |
[32:04] | inhuman. | 是惨无人道 |
[32:06] | I mean, sh… she was just a little girl. | 她还只是个小女孩 |
[32:10] | They were monsters. | 他们禽兽不如 |
[32:22] | Call for backup. | 快叫后援 |
[32:27] | Wait. No, wait. Wait, wait! | 等等 不 等一下 |
[32:33] | Shit! | 该死 |
[32:35] | This land belongs to the colony, and the colony to the land. | 这片土地与身为殖民者的我们血脉相融 |
[32:41] | We consecrate our holy right with blood! | 我们用鲜血来献祭神圣的权利 |
[32:47] | No! | 不 |
[32:51] | It was one of her own. | 那是她的儿子 |
[32:53] | I don’t understand why he did it, but he stopped her. | 我不明白他为什么那么做 但他阻止了她 |
[32:56] | I shall not stand by and watch thou | 我不能再眼睁睁看着你 |
[32:58] | shed another drop of innocent blood! | 继续残害其他无辜之人 |
[33:25] | Go on, now, make your grand escape. | 快走 你们赶紧逃命吧 |
[33:27] | I can’t move, I can’t move. | 我动不了 我动不了 |
[33:39] | Get in! | 快上车 |
[33:43] | Flora! | 芙洛拉 |
[33:45] | Flora! | 芙洛拉 |
[33:46] | Drive. | 开车 |
[33:51] | Go, go! | 开车 |
[33:52] | Lee, go, go, go! | 李 快开车 |
[34:00] | It was a miracle. | 那是个奇迹 |
[34:03] | After all we’d been through, I… | 经历了这么多事后 我 |
[34:06] | I still can’t explain half the crazy things we saw. | 我仍无法解释我们看到的那些疯狂之事 |
[34:10] | We were lucky to be alive. | 我们很幸运能活下来 |
[34:12] | Those months were like a terrifying nightmare. | 那几个月就像骇人的梦魇 |
[34:18] | When I close my eyes, I can still see… | 我闭上眼仍然能看到… |
[34:22] | the fire and… Elias screaming. | 火焰 听到伊利亚斯的惨叫 |
[34:26] | That… insane family. | 那个疯狂的家族 |
[34:32] | I’m just grateful that I will never have to see | 我很感激我再也不用看到 |
[34:36] | that god-awful place again. | 那个活见鬼的地方 |
[34:39] | We only had enough cash on hand for a motel room | 我们手上的钱只够住汽车旅馆 |
[34:41] | and some takeout. | 吃些外卖 |
[34:47] | OK, alright, baby. | 好吧 亲爱的 |
[34:49] | Let’s get you all cleaned up. | 把你洗干净 |
[34:55] | We stayed in the cheapest place we could find | 我们待在能找到的最便宜的地方 |
[34:58] | until my sister could wire us enough money | 直到我姐姐汇给我足够的钱 |
[35:00] | for a flight back to L.A. | 飞回洛杉矶 |
[35:03] | We’d be homeless when we got there, | 我们到那儿时无家可归 |
[35:07] | but that night… | 但那晚… |
[35:10] | we were the richest family on Earth. | 我们是世界上最富有的家庭 |
[35:16] | Ooh, me next. | 我下一个 |
[35:18] | You sure that’s a good idea, | 你确定这样好吗 |
[35:20] | with your cast and all? | 你打了石膏 |
[35:21] | I am filthy, I smell terrible. | 我又脏又臭 |
[35:25] | Try and stop me. | 来阻止我啊 |
[35:27] | We’re okay, baby. We’re okay. | 没事了 亲爱的 没事了 |
[35:45] | Flora? | 芙洛拉 |
[35:47] | Did you save a slice for your Uncle Matt? | 给你马特舅舅留了一块吗 |
[35:50] | I don’t know, Uncle Matt, I was pretty hungry. | 我不知道啊 马特舅舅 我很饿 |
[36:10] | To this day I still have that dream. | 直到今天 我还在做那些噩梦 |
[36:13] | I’ve tried yoga, | 我试过瑜伽 |
[36:16] | meditation, hypnotherapy even. | 冥想 甚至催眠疗法 |
[36:21] | We escaped with our lives that night, | 我们那晚活着逃了出来 |
[36:23] | but I never completely got over it. | 但我无法完全走出阴影 |
[36:29] | I’m not sure I ever will. | 我不知道我走不走得出来了 |