时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | I never thought about | 我从没想过 |
[00:05] | what could be in the wilderness. | 荒野里会有什么 |
[00:08] | Hiding in the dark. | 躲藏在黑暗中 |
[00:16] | Hello. | 喂 |
[00:17] | I thought I was dreaming. | 我以为自己在做梦 |
[00:25] | Do you see her? | 你看到她了吗 |
[00:30] | I didn’t think it could get any worse. | 我以为不可能更糟了 |
[00:32] | Matt! | 马特 |
[00:54] | I am the queen of every hive. | 我是所有蜂巢的蜂后 |
[00:56] | I am the fire on every hill. | 我是每座山峰的虐焰 |
[01:00] | I am the shield over every head. | 我是每个人头上的护盾 |
[01:03] | I am the spear of battle. | 我是站场上的矛 |
[01:05] | Who but I am both the tree | 我既是树 |
[01:07] | and the lightning that strikes it. | 也是劈树之闪电 |
[01:44] | I never thought about what could be in the wilderness. | 我从没想过 荒野里会有什么 |
[01:49] | Hiding in the dark, or… | 躲藏在黑暗中 |
[01:52] | Or what it’d take for me just to survive. | 也没想过 只是为了能活 我要付出什么代价 |
[01:56] | This deserter was found at the edge of the wood | 这个背弃者被在树林边发现 |
[01:58] | with our provisions stolen from the storehouse. | 带着从仓库偷来的我们的口粮 |
[02:02] | Justice demand penance for his betrayal. | 正义要求他为背叛忏悔 |
[02:06] | For he is but a cloven beast, | 他不过是只偶蹄的野兽 |
[02:08] | rotting in the mire and muck, | 在泥沼淤泥中腐烂 |
[02:11] | as unclean as his festering soul. | 和他溃烂的灵魂一样不洁 |
[02:15] | Speak, pig, speak! | 说啊 猪 说话 |
[02:23] | Let him be purified. | 让他得到净化吧 |
[02:40] | Seize her! | 抓住她 |
[03:01] | Lee brought her to the hospital. | 李送她去了医院 |
[03:04] | And when she woke up, Shelby told the police | 她醒来时 谢尔比对警察说了 |
[03:06] | a lot of wild stories… | 很多疯狂的故事 |
[03:10] | about when she got to the human sacrifice. | 说了她看到的人祭场面 |
[03:14] | They sent an officer out to investigate, | 他们派了一名警官去调查 |
[03:16] | but they couldn’t find anything. | 但什么都没找到 |
[03:19] | They also told the nurses to take some blood | 他们还叫护士抽血 |
[03:21] | to check and see if Shelby was on drugs. | 检查谢尔比是否服用了毒品 |
[03:25] | Hallucinogens. | 致幻剂 |
[03:28] | She was clean. | 她没问题 |
[03:38] | Bam. | 看 |
[03:44] | I like my teddy bear. | 我喜欢我的泰迪熊 |
[03:47] | I should have been there to protect you | 我该去保护你的 |
[03:48] | from whatever this was. | 不管发生了什么 |
[03:50] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[03:52] | But I’m here now, | 但我现在来了 |
[03:54] | and we will find somewhere else to stay. | 我们会另找地方住的 |
[03:56] | I promise you that. | 我保证 |
[03:57] | No. | 不 |
[04:01] | I think it was one of the mountain men. | 我觉得是某个山里人干的 |
[04:04] | The whole thing was an elaborate hoax. | 整件事情就是个设计精巧的骗局 |
[04:06] | They are desperate to scare us away, Matt. | 他们巴不得把我们吓跑呢 马特 |
[04:09] | Look at me. | 看着我 |
[04:11] | We can’t let them. | 我们不能让他们得逞 |
[04:14] | We can’t leave. | 我们不能走 |
[04:17] | Not when every cent we have is tied up in that house. | 更何况我们把所有的钱都花在这个房子上了 |
[04:20] | If it was a fight they wanted, | 如果他们想和我们开战 |
[04:22] | it was a fight they were gonna get. | 那就来吧 |
[04:34] | Looking back, I understand why the court | 回头想想 我明白了为什么 |
[04:36] | gave Mason full custody. | 法庭把全部监护权给了梅森 |
[04:41] | What kind of mother does the things I did | 哪有母亲会做出 |
[04:43] | during those times? | 我那时做的事情 |
[04:47] | It’s my great shame; I hate myself for it. | 是我的奇耻大辱 我为此恨我自己 |
[04:52] | I didn’t want to bring her to the house. | 我本不想带她来这房子的 |
[04:55] | Not with everything that was going on. | 尤其是发生了这么多事 |
[05:03] | Mama says this was a farmhouse. | 妈妈说这是座农舍 |
[05:06] | Where’s the chickens and the pigs and stuff? | 鸡呢 猪呢 都在哪啊 |
[05:08] | Come on, baby | 来吧 宝贝 |
[05:11] | I was really trying to reconnect with Flora. | 我很努力地和芙洛拉重建关系 |
[05:15] | regain her trust, that special mother-daughter bond. | 重获她的信任 重塑我们特有的母女感情 |
[05:22] | Bye, Daddy. | 拜拜 爸爸 |
[05:23] | I figured if I kept her inside, | 我想如果我让她待在家里 |
[05:25] | and kept a close eye on her, it would be all right. | 小心看着她 就会没事的 |
[05:35] | Ah! Good one. | 好样的 |
[05:38] | Hey, you hungry? | 你饿吗 |
[05:40] | Okay. | 好的 |
[05:41] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[05:51] | You can put my little girl anywhere, | 随便把我女儿放在哪 |
[05:54] | and she will make herself at home. | 她都会过得舒舒服服的 |
[05:55] | She will make any place her place. | 她能把任何地方当成家 |
[06:14] | Baby? | 宝贝 |
[06:35] | Hey, baby. | 宝贝 |
[06:37] | Who are you talking to? | 你在和谁说话呢 |
[06:39] | Priscilla. | 普里西拉 |
[06:41] | She’s my friend. | 她是我的朋友 |
[06:48] | I heard this happens a lot with children of divorce. | 我听说很多离异家庭的孩子都会这样 |
[06:52] | They start making things up. | 他们开始编造一些事情 |
[06:54] | Acting out. | 胡乱发脾气 |
[06:57] | It broke my heart to think I had done this to her. | 想到是我造成的 我就很心碎 |
[07:00] | So what were you and Priscilla talking about? | 那你和普里西拉在聊什么 |
[07:03] | Or is that a secret? | 是秘密吗 |
[07:05] | She’s gonna make a bonnet for me | 如果我们帮她 |
[07:07] | just like hers if we help her. | 她就给我做个和她的一样的帽子 |
[07:09] | Oh. A bonnet. | 帽子啊 |
[07:11] | Help her do what? | 帮她做什么 |
[07:14] | Make it stop. | 让它停下 |
[07:17] | Make what stop? | 让什么停下 |
[07:19] | She said she’s tired of all the blood. | 她说她厌倦了鲜血 |
[07:32] | Stay right here. | 待在这 |
[08:12] | What’s your sister thinking? | 你姐姐在想些什么啊 |
[08:14] | Uh, she wants to see her kid. | 她想看看她的孩子 |
[08:17] | You know how Mason is. | 你知道梅森的为人 |
[08:19] | She don’t want to give him a reason to keep her away. | 她不想让他找理由不让她接近孩子 |
[08:22] | She thinks I’m full of shit. | 她觉得我在撒谎 |
[08:25] | She knows you’re under a lot of pressure. | 她知道你现在压力很大 |
[08:29] | She knows I’m not lying. | 她知道我没有说谎 |
[08:32] | She was in the basement with me when those inbreds | 那些疯子进到咱们家挂那些东西的时候 |
[08:34] | came into our home and hung those things. | 她和我都在地下室里 |
[08:36] | I know. | 我知道 |
[08:38] | I agree. We’re not gonna lose our life savings | 我同意 我们不能因为那些混蛋 |
[08:40] | on account of these assholes. | 就放弃我们一生的积蓄 |
[08:43] | We fight. | 我们要抗争 |
[08:47] | At least until we can sell. | 至少在房子能转手之前 |
[08:53] | Are you sure that’s what you want to do? | 你确定你要那么做吗 |
[08:56] | We might not have a choice. | 我们可能别无选择了 |
[08:59] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[09:03] | I felt a little guilty. | 我觉得有点愧疚 |
[09:06] | Matt knew that I wasn’t happy there, | 马特知道我在这过得不开心 |
[09:08] | and I knew that Lee thought I was making up stories. | 我也知道李觉得我在编故事 |
[09:12] | It was easier to believe that. | 这样更容易接受 |
[09:15] | I mean… the alternative was scary. | 我是说 另一种解释太过恐怖 |
[09:20] | Someone didn’t want us in that house, | 有人不想让我们待在那房子里 |
[09:23] | and they were gonna make damn sure that we left | 他们要尽其所能让我们离开 |
[09:25] | and never came back. | 永远地离开 |
[09:33] | Shelby? | 谢尔比 |
[09:35] | Shelby, what are you doing? | 谢尔比 你在干什么 |
[09:37] | Someone’s outside. | 有人在外面 |
[09:38] | – What? – Yeah, I’m going out there. | -什么 -对 我要出去 |
[09:40] | Are you crazy? | 你疯了吗 |
[09:40] | No. I’m not crazy, I’m pissed off. | 不 我没疯 我真是气疯了 |
[09:43] | I’m not gonna sit here | 我这次不想裹着被子 |
[09:44] | cowering under the covers this time. | 在这里坐着 |
[09:52] | Shel. | 谢尔 |
[09:54] | I don’t see anything. | 我什么都没看到 |
[09:57] | Listen. | 听 |
[10:07] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[10:11] | Who’s out there?! | 谁在那儿 |
[10:13] | Show yourself! | 给我出来 |
[10:23] | Shel. | 谢尔 |
[10:25] | Shelby! | 谢尔比 |
[10:27] | I just wanted it to stop. | 我只是想让它停下 |
[10:30] | I wanted them to know that they couldn’t scare me, | 我想让他们知道他们吓不倒我 |
[10:33] | that we wouldn’t be bullied. | 我们不会被威胁 |
[10:34] | Damn it. | 该死的 |
[10:39] | Matt? Matt?! | 马特 马特 |
[10:44] | Matt? | 马特 |
[10:47] | Shelby?! | 谢尔比 |
[10:50] | Shit. | 糟了 |
[11:02] | Shelby! | 谢尔比 |
[11:03] | You hear about people getting lost in the woods, but… | 你听说人在森林中很容易迷路 但… |
[11:08] | …that’s how quick it can happen. | 没想到这么快就发生了 |
[11:09] | Matt? | 马特 |
[11:11] | Matt?! | 马特 |
[11:14] | Shelby?! | 谢尔比 |
[11:32] | Hey. You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[11:51] | This was beyond having a cross burned on your lawn. | 这绝不是草地上烧个十字架这么简单了 |
[12:10] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[12:14] | There was something demonic about it. | 这事真的太邪门了 |
[12:16] | Matt called the police, and we directed them to the spot. | 马特报警了 我们把警察带到事发地点 |
[12:20] | This time, the cops had to believe us. | 这一次 警察不得不相信我们了 |
[12:22] | What if the fire had spread? | 如果火势蔓延了怎么办 |
[12:24] | What if our house had burned down? | 如果我们的房子被烧毁了怎么办 |
[12:26] | Would you have even bothered? | 你们会管吗 |
[12:27] | We are sending units around | 我们正派人四处 |
[12:27] | to track down Ishmael Polk and his sons. | 追查伊什梅尔·波尔克和他的儿子的下落 |
[12:31] | Once we find them, we’ll bring them in for questioning. | 我们一找到他们 就会带回去审问的 |
[12:34] | Questioning? Is that the best you can do? | 审问 你们就这点本事吗 |
[12:37] | Once they’re out, they’re just gonna come back again. | 他们一出来 还是会回来闹事的 |
[12:39] | Who knows what they’ll do next time? | 谁知道他们下次会搞出什么 |
[12:41] | There is nothing protecting us from retaliation. | 根本没有人能保护我们不遭报复 |
[12:45] | If you let these people come after us again, | 如果你让这些人再来骚扰我们 |
[12:47] | we will have no choice but to go public. | 我们只能公之于众了 |
[12:49] | Oh, I’m putting a squad car in your driveway. | 我会在你的车道上安排一辆巡警车的 |
[12:51] | You’ll have 24-hour protection | 我们会24小时保护你们 |
[12:53] | until we know what we’re dealing with. | 直到我们查明真相 |
[12:56] | Shelby was fierce. | 谢尔比表现得很强势 |
[12:58] | I almost felt sorry for the cop. | 我都有点同情那个警察了 |
[13:00] | But the police protection was long overdue. | 但警察早该给予我们保护了 |
[13:03] | We felt like we could finally relax and get some sleep. | 我们想着终于能放松警惕睡个好觉了 |
[13:30] | Hello? | 你好 |
[13:32] | Please. | 求求你 |
[13:35] | Who is this? | 你是哪位 |
[13:37] | – They’re hurting me. – Hello? | -他们在伤害我 -你好 |
[13:38] | Why do you let them hurt me? | 为什么你要让他们伤害我 |
[13:42] | Hello? | 你是谁 |
[13:45] | Hello? | 哪位 |
[13:49] | No. No. | 不 不 |
[13:55] | No. | 不 |
[13:56] | I don’t want it. | 我不想吃 |
[13:58] | Please stop. | 求你住手 |
[14:01] | You’ll take it and like it. | 你会喜欢的 吃吧 |
[14:04] | What the hell is this?! | 这是在搞什么鬼 |
[14:07] | What’s the trouble? | 遇到什么麻烦了吗 |
[14:09] | Margaret refuses to take her medicine. | 玛格丽特不愿意吃药 |
[14:11] | Who are you people?! | 你们是谁 |
[14:12] | Is that true, Margaret? | 是真的吗 玛格丽特 |
[14:14] | It makes me ill. | 药让我不舒服 |
[14:16] | Was that back talk? | 她是在顶嘴吗 |
[14:18] | It was. | 是的 |
[14:26] | You’ve been warned. | 已经警告过你了 |
[14:35] | I thought I was dreaming. | 我以为自己在做梦 |
[14:40] | I had to be dreaming. | 那只能是梦境 |
[14:48] | “M” Is for Margaret! | “M”代表玛格丽特 |
[15:08] | It was after 3:00 in the morning | 凌晨三点多 |
[15:11] | when the noise outside woke me. | 我被外面的声音吵醒 |
[15:14] | Hey, wake up! | 醒醒 |
[15:16] | Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! | 快醒醒 快起来 |
[15:18] | There’s someone in our house! | 有人在我们家里 |
[15:19] | – She shot her! She shot her! She’s dead. – What? | -她开枪射了她 她死了 -什么 |
[15:21] | I couldn’t understand how anyone | 我搞不懂怎么能有人 |
[15:22] | could have gotten into the house. | 进到房子里来 |
[15:24] | Not with a cop sitting right outside the door. | 警察还在门外守着 |
[16:01] | Sir? | 先生 |
[16:07] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[16:09] | They were just here. | 她们刚刚就在这里 |
[16:11] | You must have been dreaming. | 您一定是在做梦 |
[16:13] | Started to think that maybe I had suffered | 我开始思考 会不会是 |
[16:14] | some sort of neurological damage | 我在洛杉矶受到的袭击 |
[16:16] | from the attack back in Los Angeles. | 给我留下了某种神经损伤 |
[16:17] | I… secretly hoped that I had. | 我暗自希望是这个原因 |
[16:22] | At least that would have made sense. | 至少这样说得通 |
[16:24] | My brother and sister-in-law | 我的弟弟和弟媳 |
[16:26] | were fast getting the reputation of being kooks. | 很快被当成疯子看待 |
[16:30] | Kooks who liked to cry wolf. | 喜欢喊狼来了的疯子 |
[16:32] | I knew the next time the cops | 我知道下一次 |
[16:34] | might not be so quick to respond. | 警察也许不会那么迅速作出反应了 |
[16:36] | So many weird things were happening. It… | 那么多怪事接连发生 惊人的是 |
[16:39] | it’s amazing how long a person can rationalize the irrational. | 人们很快就能为不合理找到理由 |
[16:48] | Is she ready? | 她准备好了吗 |
[16:50] | Yeah. Her things are. | 好了 她的行李好了 |
[16:53] | Come. | 进来吧 |
[17:02] | Seems to be playing a surprise game of hide-and-seek. | 她应该是突然想和你玩捉迷藏了 |
[17:06] | Flora invented her own special version | 芙洛拉三岁时 |
[17:09] | of hide-and-seek when she was three. | 发明了特别版本的捉迷藏 |
[17:11] | Flora? It’s time to go, baby. | 芙洛拉 该出发了 宝贝 |
[17:14] | She wouldn’t tell us that we were playing. | 她不会提前告诉我们要玩这个游戏 |
[17:16] | Where are you hiding? | 你躲在哪里呢 |
[17:18] | Part of the fun for her… | 对她来说 乐趣之一是… |
[17:19] | – Sweetheart? Baby girl? – Got to go. | -宝贝 乖女儿 -该走了 |
[17:22] | …was seeing how long it would take us to realize | …看我们要多久才发现 |
[17:24] | she was hiding. | 她躲起来了 |
[17:25] | For a second, it made me feel nostalgic. | 有那么一瞬间 这游戏勾起我的回忆 |
[17:27] | – Flora? – Both of us, I think. | -芙洛拉 -对我们俩都是 |
[17:59] | Take her. | 拿走她 |
[18:00] | I got you! | 找到你了 |
[18:02] | Where’d she go? | 她去哪里了 |
[18:05] | Where did who go? | 谁去哪里了 |
[18:06] | Priscilla. | 普里西拉 |
[18:08] | The little girl with the funny clothes. | 穿着搞笑衣服的小姑娘 |
[18:11] | I was offering her Mandy. | 我正要给她曼蒂 |
[18:14] | Oh, your doll? | 给她你的娃娃吗 |
[18:15] | Why would you do that? | 你为什么这么做 |
[18:17] | As a trade. | 作为交换 |
[18:19] | So she wouldn’t kill us. | 这样她就不会杀了我们 |
[18:26] | They’re going to kill us all. | 他们要杀了我们所有人 |
[18:31] | And save me for last. | 最后再杀了我 |
[18:39] | Mason! Mason, please! | 梅森 求你了 |
[18:42] | Just let me kiss her good-bye! | 至少让我亲亲她再带她走 |
[18:44] | – Come on! – Put your seatbelt on. | -求你了 -系上安全带 |
[18:45] | – Baby, it’s okay. – No! | -宝贝 没关系的 -不要 |
[18:47] | She’s not coming back here. | 她不会回来了 |
[18:49] | How does an eight-year-old even know | 一个八岁的孩子怎么可能知道这些话 |
[18:49] | how to say that? “Kill me last”? | “最后再杀我” |
[18:51] | I don’t know what’s going on in this house, | 我不知道这座房子里发生了什么 |
[18:53] | but she’s never coming back here! | 但是她永远不会回来了 |
[18:54] | It’s okay. Don’t worry. It’s o… | 没关系的 不要担心 |
[18:55] | It’s okay. It’s okay. Calm down. | 没关系 冷静 |
[18:57] | Please! Please! Please! | 求求你了 |
[18:59] | – I’m calling the judge. – I don’t want to leave. | -我会给法官打电话的 -我不想走 |
[19:01] | Daddy, please. Stop! | 爸爸 求求你停下来 |
[19:06] | That’s the day I fell off the wagon. | 那天我酒瘾复发了 |
[19:13] | Someone’s downstairs. | 有人在楼下 |
[19:22] | I’m sorry, Shel… | 对不起 谢尔 |
[19:25] | Shelby. | 谢尔比 |
[19:27] | I broke your bowl. | 我打碎了你的碗 |
[19:29] | Oh, shit. I didn’t mean to. | 该死 我不是故意的 |
[19:33] | Lee, have you even been to sleep yet? | 李 你觉都还没睡吧 |
[19:37] | What the hell, Lee?! | 李 你都干了什么 |
[19:43] | Shit. | 见鬼 |
[19:45] | – I didn’t do that. – Okay. | -不是我干的 -好吧 |
[19:47] | All right, come on, come on. | 没关系 跟我来 |
[19:48] | Neither one of us believed her, but people do | 我们两个都不相信她的话 |
[19:51] | strange things when they are under the influence. | 但是人们在醉酒状态下会做出一些奇怪的事情 |
[19:53] | Hell, I’ve done plenty myself. | 天啊 我自己就做过很多 |
[19:55] | But it opened my eyes, seeing her like that. | 但是看到她那样仍让我吃惊不已 |
[19:59] | I mean, Lee was always the strong one. | 我是说李一直是一个坚强的人 |
[20:00] | She always took care of things. | 总是她去打理所有的事情 |
[20:02] | I mean, my sister was the rock of our family. | 我的姐姐就是家庭的顶梁柱 |
[20:05] | You got to get your shit together, girl. | 你得振作起来 姑娘 |
[20:08] | – Come on. – You don’t think I know that? | -来吧 -你以为我不懂吗 |
[20:11] | I’m trying, but I’m weak. | 我努力了 但我太软弱 |
[20:18] | – You can‘t let him find out. – Okay. | -你不能让他知道 -好的 |
[20:20] | Or I will never see my daughter again. | 否则我再也见不到我的女儿了 |
[20:22] | Stop. Stop. Don’t think about it. | 停下 停下 别再胡思乱想了 |
[20:23] | Calm down. Stop, stop. | 冷静点 别说了 |
[20:25] | We’ll figure it out, okay? | 我们会解决的 好吗 |
[20:28] | Just let me take care of you for once, all right? | 这次让我照顾你 好吗 |
[20:30] | – Oh, shit. Oh, shit. – Matt? | -该死 该死 -马特 |
[20:33] | Could you come here, please? | 过来下好吗 |
[20:35] | Just rest. Rest, girl. Rest. | 好好休息 好好睡会儿 |
[20:57] | Do you see her? | 你看见她了吗 |
[21:04] | I see her. | 看见了 |
[21:13] | Matt? | 马特 |
[21:15] | There’s something there. | 那儿有什么东西 |
[21:50] | I was three sheets to the wind, | 虽然我喝得大醉 |
[21:53] | but I knew Matt had left the room. | 但我知道马特已经离开了房间 |
[21:56] | I felt… | 我感觉 |
[21:57] | I sensed something– | 我感觉有人 |
[21:59] | someone– watching over me. | 有人在看着我 |
[22:56] | We didn’t know who that little girl was. | 我们不认识那个小女孩 |
[22:59] | The way she was dressed, | 从她的打扮来看 |
[23:00] | we figured she had to be a member | 我们觉得她是 |
[23:01] | of that hillbilly Polk family. | 乡巴佬波尔克家族的一员 |
[23:03] | We were worried that maybe they put her out there | 我们担心他们把她放那儿 |
[23:06] | to lure us into a trap or something. | 是引我们进入陷阱 |
[23:11] | But we both felt, whatever was going on in that cellar, | 但是我们都觉得无论在地窖里发生了什么 |
[23:15] | we were going to find out. | 我们都要一起 |
[23:17] | Together. | 一探究竟 |
[23:22] | It was like someone had been living down there. | 看起来好像有人住在这下面 |
[23:26] | Who knows how long ago or… | 没人知道是多久之前 |
[23:29] | for how long? | 住了多久 |
[23:37] | It made my skin crawl. | 让我直起鸡皮疙瘩 |
[23:39] | The girl didn’t lead us there as a trap. | 那女孩并非想把我们引入陷阱 |
[23:42] | She wanted us to find that camera. | 她想让我们找到那台摄像机 |
[23:44] | What we didn’t know was why. | 其中的原因我们不得而知 |
[23:46] | What was on that tape that she wanted us to see? | 她希望我们看到的录像里到底有什么 |
[23:50] | I am not what I am. | 我已经不是我了 |
[23:53] | This… | 这… |
[23:55] | is not what I envisioned when I first came here. | 不是我来时能预想到的 |
[23:58] | But there are forces that will not let me sleep. | 这里有可怕的力量让我夜不能寐 |
[24:02] | They keep coming to me, showing me horrible things, | 它们不停袭来 让我看到恐怖的场景 |
[24:04] | escalating every night. | 每夜如此 逐渐升级 |
[24:06] | Until they get physical. | 直到演变为身体上的伤害 |
[24:07] | Look. Look. Look what they did to me. | 看看 看看它对我干了什么 |
[24:11] | I’m too afraid to go back into that house now. | 我现在都不敢回那栋房子 |
[24:14] | I fear that whatever malevolent force is there | 我害怕那股邪恶的力量 |
[24:16] | intends to kill me. | 正打算要我的命 |
[24:18] | So… I’m living here in the cellar. | 所以 我现在住到这个地窖里 |
[24:21] | It’s-it’s cold. It’s smelly. | 这儿很冷 臭气熏天 |
[24:23] | And-and despite appearances, I am not crazy! | 还有别管我样子 我没疯 |
[24:26] | I am an academic. I am an author. | 我是个学者 是个作家 |
[24:29] | Is this the same guy you saw in the video in the woods? | 他是你上次看到的 在树林里拍的视频里的人吗 |
[24:31] | Yeah, that’s him. | 对 就是他 |
[24:34] | What he said on that tape | 他在录像带里说的 |
[24:36] | sounded insane. | 听上去很疯狂 |
[24:40] | But… | 可是… |
[24:42] | looking into his eyes as he told the story… | 看着他的眼睛听他讲述… |
[24:46] | we were immediately pulled in. | 我们立刻就相信了 |
[24:48] | Okay, from the beginning. | 从头说起 |
[24:50] | Today is October 11, 1997. | 今天是1997年10月11日 |
[24:54] | This recording will be my last testament. Maybe. | 这份记录将是我最后的遗嘱 也许吧 |
[24:58] | Um, I want to tell the truth, as much as I know of it. | 我要说出我所知道的全部真相 |
[25:02] | Fact: my name is Dr. Elias Cunningham. | 事实是 我是伊利亚斯·坎宁安博士 |
[25:05] | I am a professor at Bradley University. | 我是布拉德利大学的一位教授 |
[25:08] | Fact: I came here two months ago | 事实是 我在两个月前来到这里 |
[25:10] | to begin research on my new book, a, uh… | 为我的新书做研究 一本… |
[25:12] | a true crime novel in the vein of Helter Skelter. | 类似《杀人王曼森》这种基于真实案件的小说 |
[25:15] | Uh, my initial subjects were two nurses, | 我最初研究的对象是两个护士 |
[25:18] | Miranda and Bridget Jane. | 米兰达和布丽奇特·简 |
[25:20] | They were sisters who spent every waking moment together. | 她们是形影不离的两姐妹 |
[25:22] | They couldn’t bear to be apart. | 从不分开 |
[25:24] | They worked in an assisted living facility in Rochester in 1988. | 1988年 她们在罗切斯特的一所疗养院工作 |
[25:29] | It was suspected but never proven that they were behind | 有人怀疑 但从未有证据证明 |
[25:32] | the mysterious deaths of two elderly patients. | 她们是两位老年病人神秘死亡的幕后黑手 |
[25:34] | They quit their jobs before any charges could be filed, | 她们在任何指控提出前就辞职了 |
[25:36] | and they wound up here, in, uh… in North Carolina, | 她们来到了这里 北卡罗来纳州 |
[25:40] | where they opened a assisted living facility of their own. | 开了一家自己的疗养院 |
[25:44] | The house they purchased | 她们买下的房子 |
[25:46] | had previously been unoccupied for 15 years. | 曾空置了15年 |
[25:48] | The family before… | 之前的一家人… |
[25:49] | a father, a mother, two daughters… | 爸爸 妈妈 两个女儿… |
[25:51] | had lived in the house only for a brief time | 在突然搬走前 |
[25:53] | before they suddenly vacated. | 只在这里短暂居住过 |
[25:54] | They left all their possessions behind. | 他们把所有的东西都留下了 |
[25:56] | They left no forwarding address. | 也没有留下转寄地址 |
[25:58] | But this ominous history didn’t deter my subjects. | 但这段不祥的过去并不能阻止我的主人公们 |
[26:01] | It may have even drawn them to the house. | 甚至将她们吸引了过来 |
[26:03] | Fact: The living facility they opened was cheap, | 事实是 她们开的疗养院收费低廉 |
[26:07] | which ensured a bounty of applicants, | 吸引了大批申请者 |
[26:09] | but they had their own unique criterion for accepting applicants. | 但她们有着特殊的接收标准 |
[26:12] | They wanted families who were tired of | 她们想要的 |
[26:14] | taking care of their relatives, | 是已经厌倦了照顾亲人 |
[26:15] | families who just wanted a place to store them until they died. | 只想找个地方让他们活到死的家庭 |
[26:19] | But the most bizarre criteria for accepting a patient | 但是 最离奇的收治病人的标准 |
[26:21] | had to do with the letter of their first name. | 和他们的名字拼写有关 |
[26:41] | They chose people and murdered them | 他们挑选病人然后杀掉 |
[26:43] | because they were using the letters of their names | 是为了用他们名字的字母 |
[26:46] | to spell out their favorite word. | 拼出她们最喜欢的单词 |
[26:51] | “R” Is for Roger. | “R”代表罗杰 |
[27:02] | “E” Is for Eunice. | “E”是指尤妮斯 |
[27:08] | “M” is for Margaret! | “M”是指玛格丽特 |
[27:11] | I found Miranda’s diary. | 我找到了米兰达的日记 |
[27:13] | What started as a sick sisterly game | 起初只是一个病态的游戏 |
[27:15] | soon became an act of defiance– | 很快却演变成了 |
[27:17] | against people, against society, against life itself. | 对人 对社会 对生命的一种蔑视 |
[27:20] | Miranda became convinced that each soul they took | 米兰达深信她们杀死的每一个人 |
[27:22] | would add a lifetime to their passion | 会增加她们对人生的激情 |
[27:24] | and ensure that their love would… | 而且能使得她们的爱情 |
[27:26] | would eclipse eternity. | 会永不褪色 |
[27:29] | Fact: October 29, 1989, | 1989年10月29日 |
[27:31] | police were called to investigate the facility. | 警察被派遣去调查这里 |
[27:33] | Apparently some relatives | 很显然有些亲戚 |
[27:34] | became concerned when no one answered | 很担心家人 |
[27:36] | the telephone there for three weeks. | 因为打电话好几周都没人接 |
[27:37] | Bridget and Miranda were gone. | 布丽奇特和米兰达早已离开了 |
[27:42] | They found not a single personal item in the house. | 警方在屋子里一件私人物品都没有找到 |
[27:46] | They alerted the FBI, even the Mexican police, | 他们把此事上报给了联调局和墨西哥警方 |
[27:48] | but the nurses had disappeared. | 但是这两个护士已经无处可寻了 |
[27:55] | The only thing they left behind was a word, unfinished, | 她们唯一留下的痕迹就是墙上 |
[27:59] | on the wall. | 没写完的 |
[28:01] | “Murder.” | “杀”字 |
[28:08] | The house was put up for sale. | 房子很快就挂牌对外出售 |
[28:09] | They tried to make it presentable. | 他们想把房子装饰一番 |
[28:11] | They put in new carpeting, repainted all the walls. | 放了新地毯 重新粉刷了墙壁 |
[28:13] | But each time they covered the letters, | 但是他们每次把这个字粉刷掉 |
[28:15] | even if they looked away for a minute, | 这个字即使当时消失了 |
[28:17] | the word would reappear again. | 但不久又会重新浮现出来 |
[28:31] | What, Matt? | 怎么了 马特 |
[28:32] | – “M” Is for Margaret. – What? | -“M”是指玛格丽特 -什么 |
[28:34] | “M.” “M.” “M” Is for “Margaret.” | “M” 是指玛格丽特 |
[28:36] | Matt. | 马特 |
[28:40] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[28:44] | It’s here. | 就在这里 |
[28:45] | It’s here. She said it. | 就在这里 她说了 |
[28:47] | I saw it. | 我看见了 |
[28:49] | Matt, what are you talking about? | 马特 你在说些什么啊 |
[29:08] | It seemed… | 听上去… |
[29:10] | totally crazy. | 真的是难以置信 |
[29:11] | Come, come. Come, come, come. | 来 来 来 来 来 |
[29:12] | But everything he said on that tape was true. | 但录像上那个人说的一切都是真的 |
[29:16] | The letters on the wall proved it. | 墙上的字就是最好的证明 |
[29:19] | And he wasn’t finished. | 而且录像带还没有放完 |
[29:23] | There is an official story, | 官方的说法是 |
[29:24] | and that story is about two homicidal nurses | 两名杀人犯护士 |
[29:27] | who killed five elderly patients and fled the country. | 谋杀了五位老人 然后逃到国外去了 |
[29:29] | They got away with murder, | 她们没有被抓住 |
[29:30] | but I know the truth now and I am convinced | 但我知道真相并且我确信 |
[29:32] | that is not what happened. | 并非如表面看起来那样 |
[29:33] | They didn’t leave, they were stopped. | 她们不是离开了 而是被迫停下了 |
[29:36] | Something got to them | 在她们杀死最后一名受害者 |
[29:38] | before they were able to take their final victim | 拼完谋杀这个词之前 |
[29:41] | and finish spelling “Murder.” | 有东西找上了她们了 |
[29:42] | Not by the police, by something | 不是警察 而是比她们 |
[29:44] | even more evil than they were. | 更加邪恶的一种东西 |
[29:47] | Something here. | 这种东西就在这里 |
[29:48] | Everywhere. | 也无处不在 |
[29:49] | In the air. | 在空气中 |
[29:51] | In the woods. | 在树林里 |
[29:53] | In that house. | 在那栋房子里 |
[29:56] | I haven’t set foot in that house… in days. | 我已经好多天没有踏足那幢房子了 |
[30:01] | But I’m going back in there. | 但我打算回到那 |
[30:05] | I don’t know if I will survive, | 我不知道是否还能活着回来 |
[30:07] | but I have to see exactly what it is. | 但我一定要去探个究竟 |
[30:27] | I know you’re in here. | 我知道你在这 |
[30:31] | Show yourself. | 现出真身吧 |
[30:39] | Okay. All right, okay. | 没事 好了 |
[30:48] | Show yourself! | 现出真身吧 |
[31:02] | Oh, my… Turn it off. | 天啊 快关掉 |
[31:04] | Wait, wait, wait. | 等下 等下 等下 |
[31:15] | What was that? | 那是什么 |
[31:37] | We wanted out. We wanted our money back. | 我们想要搬出去 把钱拿回来 |
[31:42] | We wanted our lives back. | 我们想恢复以前的生活 |
[31:43] | The bank sold it to us, | 银行把它卖给我们的 |
[31:45] | and the bank was just gonna have to take it back. | 那银行就得把它收回去 |
[31:48] | I just called their rep and said | 我打电话叫他们来人并且告诉他们 |
[31:49] | we needed to discuss our options. | 我们需要讨论下可行方案 |
[31:51] | No choice? | 别无选择吗 |
[31:53] | Well, of course we have a choice. | 我们当然有选择 |
[31:54] | We could sue you for fraud. | 我们可以告你们隐瞒欺诈 |
[31:55] | Some nurses ran a facility here | 几个护士在这里经营业务 |
[31:57] | and they killed their patients, under this roof. | 并且在这里杀害病人 |
[31:59] | Why are we finding all this out now? | 为什么我们到现在才知道这些信息 |
[32:01] | Let me explain this once more. | 让我再解释一遍 |
[32:03] | When you bid on this house, | 当你竞价购买这栋房子时 |
[32:04] | you committed to buy the property as is. | 你就已经承诺去购买它 不管它是什么样 |
[32:07] | Any due diligence needed to be | 你举手就表示 |
[32:09] | complete by the time you raised your hand. | 你是经过审慎的考虑和调查的 |
[32:11] | It would’t make a difference though, would it ? | 那又能怎么样 不是吗 |
[32:13] | We found out about the nurses and google their story. | 我们发现了护士的事 并上网搜索了她们的事 |
[32:15] | but it doesn’t correspond with our house. | 但并不是我们的房子 |
[32:18] | Why? Because you changed the street address. | 知道为什么吗 因为你们把街道地址给改了 |
[32:20] | What else are you trying to hide? | 你们还要隐藏什么 |
[32:22] | You entered a contract with this bank, ma’am. | 你已经和这家银行签订了合同 女士 |
[32:24] | I’m not a realtor. | 我并不是房产经纪人 |
[32:26] | I’ve met my obligations here. | 我已经履行了自己的义务 |
[32:31] | If you decide to sell, | 如果你们决定出售 |
[32:31] | we can offer your buyer very competitive rates. | 我们会介绍出价不低的买家 |
[32:35] | We were railroaded. | 我们被迫妥协 |
[32:37] | There was no going backwards. | 已经无路可退了 |
[32:41] | We were trapped. | 我们被困住了 |
[32:44] | We’ll never get back what we paid for this. | 肯定拿不回我们买时的价格 |
[32:47] | Those swamp people would buy it tomorrow | 那群沼泽居民一定明天就会来买 |
[32:49] | if we gave ’em a holler. | 只要我们吆喝一声 |
[32:50] | No way. | 没门 |
[32:52] | Oh, I feel sick to my stomach. | 我觉得恶心 |
[32:58] | I didn’t think it could get any worse. | 我以为不可能更糟了 |
[33:00] | Then it did. | 但世事难料 |
[33:03] | Is that Lee? | 那是李吗 |
[33:09] | All right, here we are. | 好了 我们到了 |
[33:11] | When I saw Lee with Flora… | 当我看见李和芙洛拉时… |
[33:18] | All right, come on, baby. | 来吧 宝贝 |
[33:19] | I was looking at my sister committing a felony. | 我正眼睁睁看着我姐姐犯下重罪 |
[33:22] | I just wanted to see her. | 我只是想看她一眼 |
[33:37] | But then there she was. | 她就在那儿 |
[33:40] | Next thing I knew, we were driving back to the house. | 接着 我们就开车回了房子 |
[33:43] | I’ll get you something to drink. | 我去给你倒杯水 |
[33:44] | Okay. | 好的 |
[33:50] | Lee… | 李 |
[33:52] | There’s nothing that we need to talk about. | 没什么好谈的 |
[33:57] | Does Mason know? | 梅森知道吗 |
[33:58] | Mason does not control my life. | 梅森无权掌控我的生活 |
[34:01] | Hey, Flora, why don’t we do your homework in the other room | 芙洛拉 不如你去别的房间写作业 |
[34:04] | and you can have a snack in a minute. | 待会儿可以吃些点心 |
[34:06] | – Yeah. – Okay. | -好的 -好了 |
[34:09] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[34:18] | Okay. | 好了 |
[34:24] | Are you drunk? | 你喝酒了吗 |
[34:27] | I would never endanger my child | 我绝不会沾一滴酒开车 |
[34:29] | by driving with a drop of alcohol in my system. | 置我女儿生命于危险之中 |
[34:32] | Then you must have lost your mind. | 那你绝对是疯了 |
[34:35] | He’s going to the judge. | 他要去找法官 |
[34:37] | He’s ganna make sue I never see her again. | 他要让我永远见不到她了 |
[34:40] | Not after this stunt. | 经过这事 那是肯定的了 |
[34:42] | Lee. You’re a police officer. | 李 你是警察 |
[34:46] | And technically this is kidnapping. | 这严格说来就是绑架 |
[34:49] | He’s gonna go to the cops, if he hasn’t already. | 他迟早会去报警的 |
[34:52] | This is bad, Lee. This is really bad. | 真是糟透了 李 糟糕透了 |
[34:55] | There could be an AMBER Alert out on you right now. | 现在你可能已经被列为失踪警报的嫌疑人了 |
[35:00] | She’s my daughter! | 她是我女儿 |
[35:02] | I have a right to see her! | 我有权去看她 |
[35:04] | You have a custody agreement. | 你签定了监护协议 |
[35:05] | Which he is trying to break. | 而他不想遵守 |
[35:08] | Yes, yes, Mason, she’s here. | 是 是 梅森 她在这儿 |
[35:11] | She’s safe. | 她很安全 |
[35:13] | No, Flora’s doing her homework right now. | 芙洛拉正在做作业 |
[35:16] | Yes, I know that you are angry. | 是 我知道你很生气 |
[35:18] | You have every right to be furious. | 你也完全有权生气 |
[35:21] | Lee… | 李… |
[35:22] | No, no, no, no, no, Mason. | 不 不 不 梅森 |
[35:24] | Please don’t involve them. | 别把他们牵扯进来 |
[35:26] | You don’t want Flora to have to see | 你不会想让芙洛拉 |
[35:28] | her mother dealing with the police. | 看到她母亲应付警察的 |
[35:31] | It wasn’t malicious. | 她没有恶意 |
[35:32] | She just wanted to see her daughter. | 她只想见自己的女儿 |
[35:35] | Yes, of course, yes. | 是的 当然 |
[35:37] | We’ll be here. | 我们都会在 |
[35:39] | Okay. | 好的 |
[35:40] | Bye. | 再见 |
[35:43] | It’s gonna be okay. | 不会有事的 |
[35:45] | He’s really pissed, | 他非常生气 |
[35:48] | but I think I talked him off the ledge. | 但我的话应该让他消气了 |
[35:50] | Well, thank you for that. | 好吧 谢谢 |
[35:54] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[36:08] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[36:12] | Really I do. | 真的 |
[36:14] | I know what I did was insane. | 我知道我的行为很疯狂 |
[36:16] | Did I really want to be on the run with an eight-year-old? | 难道我真的会带着八岁的孩子跑路吗 |
[36:18] | To turn her life upside down, even more than it was? | 颠覆她的生活 让她过得更糟吗 |
[36:22] | To hide her away from her father forever? | 让她永远见不到自己的父亲 |
[36:27] | Flora deserved better. | 芙洛拉不该遭这种罪 |
[36:45] | Let me say good-bye to Flora. | 让我跟先芙洛拉道别 |
[36:48] | Before he comes for her. | 免得他来了就没机会了 |
[36:50] | It’s the right thing, Lee. | 这样才对 李 |
[36:53] | She’s in the living room. | 她在客厅 |
[37:08] | We looked everywhere in that house. | 我们找遍了那栋房子 |
[37:10] | But my baby was gone. | 但孩子不见了 |
[37:12] | Where are you?! | 你在哪儿 |
[37:13] | Flora! | 芙洛拉 |
[37:18] | Flora! | 芙洛拉 |
[37:22] | Flora? | 芙洛拉 |
[37:25] | Flora? | 芙洛拉 |
[37:34] | Did you hear that? | 你听到了吗 |
[37:40] | Oh, my… | 天啊 |