时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | – Good-bye, John. – Wren! | -再见 约翰 -任 |
[00:28] | She ran out in the middle of the road. | 她冲到了路中央 |
[00:30] | I never had a chance to stop. | 我根本来不及停下 |
[00:39] | She’s dead. | 她死了 |
[00:48] | It’s time to make him stop. | 该让他停手了 |
[00:49] | I really like you. I hate to see it end. | 我真的很喜欢你 真不希望就此结束 |
[01:19] | Where is he? | 他在哪 |
[01:21] | Where’s who? | 谁在哪 |
[01:22] | That monster you’ve all been protecting. | 你们一直在保护的那个恶魔 |
[01:23] | The Ten Commandments Killer. | 十诫杀手 |
[01:24] | – He’s here! Wren told me. – Wren? | -他就在这儿 任告诉我的 -任 |
[01:27] | That girl is full of lies. | 那姑娘满嘴谎言 |
[01:29] | She’s dead. She killed herself trying to protect him. | 她死了 她为保护他而自杀了 |
[01:33] | Well… | 那么 |
[01:34] | she was old enough to make her own choices. | 她是大姑娘了 可以自己做决定了 |
[01:40] | Where is he? | 他在哪 |
[01:41] | I swear to God, asshole | 我发誓 混蛋 |
[01:44] | You touch me one more time, | 你再敢碰我一次 |
[01:46] | I will cut your throat while you sleep! | 我会趁你睡觉时 割了你的喉咙 |
[01:50] | John. | 约翰 |
[01:53] | What the hell are you doing? | 你干什么呢 |
[01:56] | The man I’ve been hunting is in this hotel. | 我一直在追寻的人就在旅馆里 |
[01:57] | She knows it! | 她知道 |
[01:58] | You know it! I’m tired of being lied to! | 你也知道 我受够了被蒙骗 |
[02:09] | Fine. | 好啊 |
[02:10] | You want to know where the Ten Commandments Killer has been hiding? | 你想知道十诫杀手一直躲在哪 |
[02:18] | I’ll take you there. | 我带你去 |
[02:30] | You might want to take this with you… | 你或许想带上这个 |
[02:32] | in case you find what you’re looking… for… | 以防你找到你想找到 |
[02:54] | Is this a joke? | 这是开玩笑吗 |
[02:56] | You’re telling me he’s in this room? | 你是说他就在这个房间里 |
[03:00] | I’m telling you there are answers on the other side of this door. | 我是说 这扇门后有答案 |
[03:19] | This used to be where his office was, did you know that? | 这里以前是他的办公室 你知道吗 |
[03:24] | James Patrick March. | 詹姆斯·帕特里克·马奇 |
[03:27] | Many years ago. | 很多年前了 |
[03:29] | James March is dead. | 詹姆斯·马奇死了 |
[03:30] | In fact, this is where he died. | 事实上 他就死在这里 |
[03:33] | February 25 | 2月25日 |
[03:35] | at 2:25 in the morning. | 凌晨2:25 |
[03:41] | We don’t have to do this. | 我们不非得这么做 |
[03:44] | We can turn around… | 我们可以转身 |
[03:46] | and walk out of here right now. | 立刻离开 |
[03:50] | Go to the bar, have a couple of drinks. | 去酒吧 喝几杯 |
[03:56] | Why did you bring me back here?! | 你为什么带我回来 |
[04:01] | Behind the armoire. | 衣橱后面 |
[04:07] | That’s where you’ll find what you’re looking for. | 那儿有你要找的东西 |
[04:54] | Jesus. | 天呐 |
[04:58] | How long has this been here? | 这东西在这儿多久了 |
[05:00] | Since the beginning. | 从一开始就有 |
[05:09] | The hand of a thief. | 贼的手 |
[05:12] | “Thou shalt not steal.” | 不可偷窃 |
[05:15] | The dead thief, cut off his hands. | 死去的窃贼 被砍下了手 |
[05:17] | That was the first one. | 那是第一个 |
[05:20] | 1926. | 1926年 |
[05:22] | “Remember the Sabbath day | 纪念安息日 |
[05:24] | to keep it holy.” | 尊为圣日 |
[05:26] | Teeth… | 牙齿 |
[05:27] | harvested from the fields of migrant workers. | 从一群移民工人那里收集来 |
[05:31] | “Thou shall not worship false idols.” | 不可制造偶像 |
[05:35] | What was left of Martin Gamboa’s brain… | 马丁·嘉鲍所剩的脑子 |
[05:37] | …after his skull | 是他的头骨 |
[05:39] | was bashed open. | 被敲碎后取出来的 |
[05:41] | No serial killer has a 90-year lull. | 连环杀手不会潜伏90年 |
[05:43] | It’s taken him this long to find a successor. | 他花了这么久才找到继任者 |
[05:47] | Someone… | 一个 |
[05:48] | to complete his work. | 完成他遗志的人 |
[05:51] | “Thou shall not commit adultery.” | “不可通奸” |
[05:54] | James Briggs’ tongue and eyes | 詹姆斯·布里格斯的舌头和眼睛 |
[05:57] | – taken while he was still alive. – That’s bullshit. | -活生生地取了下来 -胡扯 |
[06:01] | The parts cut out of James Briggs are in the lab. | 詹姆斯·布里格斯被切下的身体部分在实验室里 |
[06:03] | I catalogued it myself. | 我亲自归档的 |
[06:07] | “Honor thy mother and thy father.” | “孝敬父母” |
[06:11] | The hearts of two ungrateful children. | 两个没良心的孩子的心脏 |
[06:14] | They murdered both of their parents | 他们杀害了他们的父母 |
[06:16] | in order to inherit the family fortune. | 就为继承家族遗产 |
[06:18] | The Rylance twins. | 赖伦斯双胞胎 |
[06:20] | “Thou shalt not bear false witness.” | “不可作假证” |
[06:23] | Gossip mongers. | 八卦贩子 |
[06:26] | After he nailed their slanderous tongues to their desks, | 他把他们搬弄是非的舌头钉在了桌上后 |
[06:29] | he ripped out their vocal cords. | 他扯出了他们的声带 |
[06:34] | “Thou shalt not take the Lord’s name in vain.” | “不可妄言主之名” |
[06:39] | A false prophet who would go on television | 伪先知 在电视上 |
[06:42] | and vent his spleen. | 大发脾气 |
[06:45] | So the killer took it. | 所以凶手取走了他的脾 |
[06:48] | John. | 约翰 |
[06:50] | These… | 这些 |
[06:51] | He would have had to have been bringing these things back | 他得趁我在这里时把这些东西 |
[06:53] | while I was still here. Who let him in? | 带回来 谁放他进来的 |
[06:57] | Nobody let him in. | 没人放他进来 |
[07:01] | He had a key. | 他有钥匙 |
[07:05] | What? | 什么 |
[07:07] | – Take my hand. – What? | -握着我的手 -什么 |
[07:08] | John, take my hand. | 约翰 握着我的手 |
[07:13] | It’s okay, baby. | 没事的 亲爱的 |
[07:16] | It’s all okay, baby. | 没事的 亲爱的 |
[07:19] | You’re here with me. | 你跟我在一起呢 |
[07:22] | With your Sally. | 跟你的萨莉在一起 |
[07:24] | We are almost there– | 我们就快完成了 |
[07:25] | there’s just a little more work left to do. | 就剩一点点工作了 |
[07:26] | – No. No. – John… John, Johh, | -不不 -约翰 约翰 |
[07:28] | – stay with me. – No, it’s not true. | -别走 -不 不是真的 |
[07:31] | This is my problem with police officers. | 这就是我对警官的偏见 |
[07:34] | All you care about is evidence. | 你们只关心证据 |
[07:36] | Evidence, evidence, evidence. | 证据 只有证据 |
[07:40] | John, look at me. | 约翰 看着我 |
[07:41] | You’re saying someone’s picked up where this… | 你是说有人在完成这个 |
[07:43] | this March guy left off? | 马奇未竟的事业吗 |
[07:45] | I don’t remember anything. | 我什么都不记得了 |
[07:48] | Anything at all. | 什么都不记得了 |
[07:49] | You…have made yourself blind | 你蒙蔽了自己 |
[07:51] | to everything but what your eyes can see. | 只相信双眼所见 |
[07:54] | You remember everything. | 你什么都记得 |
[07:55] | – It’s not true! – John, | -不是这样的 -约翰 |
[07:57] | everything | 你所做的 |
[07:58] | you did. | 一切 |
[08:00] | And it’s gonna happen again… | 而且还会再发生的 |
[08:02] | and again… and again. | 一而再 再而三 |
[08:04] | Wren. | 任[跑] |
[08:06] | And you can’t stop it. | 你阻止不了 |
[08:08] | No! It’s not true! | 不 不是真的 |
[08:11] | It’s not possible. | 不可能 |
[08:13] | It’s not possible. | 不可能 |
[08:14] | You’ve lived in my hotel long enough to know | 你在我旅馆住得够久了 |
[08:16] | that what is impossible becomes… | 在这里看到了很多不可能 |
[08:19] | very possible here. | 成为可能 |
[08:27] | It’s you, John. | 就是你 约翰 |
[08:30] | It’s always been you. | 一直就是你 |
[09:43] | Any sign of him? | 找到他了吗 |
[09:44] | No. He disappeared in all the commotion. | 没有 他趁乱消失了 |
[09:49] | Send someone out to his house. | 派人去他家 |
[09:52] | Make sure his wife and kid are okay. | 确保他的妻儿没事 |
[09:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:16] | Nice of you to look after my family. | 多谢你照顾我的家人 |
[10:18] | Jesus. | 天呐 |
[10:20] | John… | 约翰 |
[10:25] | You look terrible. | 你样子好狼狈 |
[10:28] | I’ve come to confess. | 我是来认罪的 |
[10:29] | To helping this one escape? | 承认你帮她逃跑吗 |
[10:31] | Assaulting a guard? | 还袭击了警卫 |
[10:36] | We can make it go away. | 我们都可以摆平 |
[10:38] | And what about murder? | 那杀人呢 |
[10:40] | Multiple murders? | 多起杀人案 |
[10:42] | The Ten Commandment killings? | 十诫杀人案 |
[10:45] | Can you make those go away? | 这你也能摆平吗 |
[10:46] | John, what are you saying? | 约翰 你说什么呢 |
[10:48] | Please! | 求你 |
[10:50] | You think I’ve lost my mind? | 你觉得我是疯了吗 |
[10:52] | I’m here for you. | 我会帮你的 |
[10:53] | Talk and I’ll listen. | 你说吧 我会听的 |
[10:56] | I remember where it all began now. | 我现在记起来一起是怎么开始的了 |
[11:03] | It all started those first few days and nights at the Hotel Cortez. | 是刚入住科泰兹旅馆的那几天几夜开始的 |
[11:06] | The first time you walked into that place | 你第一次去那里 |
[11:09] | was three weeks ago. | 是三周前 |
[11:11] | These murders began months before that, John. | 而杀人案数月前就开始了 约翰 |
[11:14] | The first time I walked into the Hotel Cortez was five years ago. | 我第一次进入科泰兹旅馆是五年前 |
[11:18] | I know that now. | 我现在记得了 |
[11:20] | It was the same night we caught that multiple deaths call | 就是格拉塞尔公园报警发生多尸案 |
[11:23] | in Glassell Park. | 那一晚 |
[11:24] | The dead family. | 死去的那一家人 |
[11:26] | Gunshot and asphyxiation. | 枪击 窒息 |
[11:29] | I needed a few drinks before I could bring myself to go home. | 我得先喝几杯 才能回家 |
[11:33] | More than a few. | 不止几杯 |
[11:36] | It’s not as easy as you would think | 大晚上在洛杉矶 |
[11:38] | to find a drink in the middle of the night in Los Angeles. | 找酒喝没你想的那么容易 |
[11:55] | You sure you’re in the right place, | 你确定你来对地方了吗 |
[11:57] | cowboy? | 牛仔 |
[12:01] | I heard this is where a man could find the best martini in town? | 听说这儿有市里最好的马丁尼 |
[12:04] | Well, then, | 那好吧 |
[12:06] | I guess you are in the right place. | 看来你是来对地方了 |
[12:31] | Another. | 再来一杯 |
[12:40] | Can I buy you your next one? | 下杯我请啊 |
[12:42] | I pay for my own drinks. | 我自己的酒我自己能付钱 |
[12:44] | It’s cheaper than whatever it is you want from me. | 肯定比你想从我这儿得到的要便宜 |
[12:48] | Just trying to be friendly. | 只是想友好些罢了 |
[12:51] | Do I look like I need a friend right now? | 你看我现在像需要个朋友吗 |
[12:55] | Well, yeah. | 好吧 |
[13:02] | You want to go to a party upstairs? | 你想去楼上参加派对吗 |
[13:06] | Liz’s martinis are awfully expensive. | 丽兹的马丁尼可贵得很 |
[13:09] | But they’re worth every penny. | 但物有所值 |
[13:10] | I’m not looking for a party tonight. | 我今晚不想参加什么派对 |
[13:13] | I’m just looking to drink myself blind and forget. | 我只想喝到不省人事 忘记一切 |
[13:17] | And I’m married. | 而且我结婚了 |
[13:19] | It’s not that kind of party. | 不是那种派对啦 |
[13:22] | Well, last call here is in five minutes. | 酒吧五分钟后就打烊了 |
[13:26] | If you really want to get as blasted as you say you do, | 如果你真像你说的那样 想喝个烂醉 |
[13:30] | it’s time to hit the after-party upstairs. | 那就去楼上开余兴派对吧 |
[13:41] | You look radiant tonight, madam. | 你今晚真美 夫人 |
[13:47] | Though I have no idea how one would launder something like that, | 不过不知道那样的衣服要怎么洗啊 |
[13:49] | all those sparkly bits. | 那么多亮亮的东西 |
[13:57] | How is the outside, darling? | 外面怎么样 亲爱的 |
[14:00] | Tell me about one of your recent kills. | 跟我说说你最近杀的一个人 |
[14:02] | All you ever want to talk about are the kills. | 你一向就只想谈论杀人的事 |
[14:05] | Pervert. | 变态 |
[14:07] | Damn it, who is interrupting us? | 该死 是谁敢打扰我们 |
[14:08] | I’ll break the finger who dared ring that bell! | 我要打断大胆按铃的人的手指 |
[14:15] | Yummy. | 不错啊 |
[14:19] | What’s wrong with you, barging in on his night? | 你怎么回事 在他的晚上闯进来 |
[14:23] | Not that I mind, but a deal is a deal. | 我倒是不介意 但毕竟说好的 |
[14:28] | I get one night! | 我只有一晚上 |
[14:30] | One night with her the whole month! | 一整月里 就一晚 |
[14:36] | Who is that with you? | 跟你一起来的是谁 |
[14:39] | What is this, a… costume party? | 这是什么 化装舞会吗 |
[14:43] | This is John. | 这是约翰 |
[14:45] | He’s a detective, and he’s had the kind of day | 他是位警探 他刚刚度过了一个 |
[14:48] | that makes a man want to drink himself to death. | 让人想喝到天昏地暗的一天 |
[14:52] | Really? | 是嘛 |
[14:53] | Jimmy loves to hear about the bad days. | 吉米最喜欢听人说不顺利的日子了 |
[14:56] | I’m The Countess. | 我是女伯爵 |
[14:58] | Countess of what? | 哪里的女伯爵 |
[15:00] | With those blue eyes, | 你的蓝眼睛这么美 |
[15:01] | I’ll be the countess of whatever you like, baby. | 你说我是什么就是什么 亲爱的 |
[15:03] | Tell me, John, was someone killed? | 告诉我 约翰 有人被杀了吗 |
[15:06] | Did you have to… discharge your revolver? | 你…还开枪了吗 |
[15:10] | No. | 没有 |
[15:12] | But people died– five of them, children. | 但是有人死了 五个 是孩子 |
[15:17] | And their father shot himself in the head because of it. | 他们的父亲因此吞枪自尽了 |
[15:21] | His brains are still hanging off the ceiling. | 他的脑子还挂在天花板上呢 |
[15:23] | You speak about this with such calm indifference. | 你的口气如此冷静冷漠 |
[15:26] | As if life and death have no meaning to you. | 就好像生与死对你毫无意义 |
[15:30] | I’m a homicide detective. | 我是个凶案组警探 |
[15:34] | What I know is that death is the only thing in life | 我只知道 死亡是生命中 |
[15:36] | that has any meaning. | 唯一有意义的 |
[15:43] | I was promised there’d be drinking up here. | 他告诉我这里有酒的 |
[15:45] | I’m thirsty. | 我渴了 |
[15:47] | Leave us. | 让我们单独待会儿 |
[15:49] | I need to spend some real time with this man. | 我要好好跟他谈谈 |
[15:51] | But, darling… It’s our night. | 但亲爱的 这是我们的晚上啊 |
[15:55] | Yes, dear, and usually I would hold that sacred, | 是的 亲爱的 我一般会十分看重我们的约会 |
[15:59] | but there is something about John that has drawn me in, | 但约翰有些特质吸引了我 |
[16:02] | and so, therefore, I release you from your service. | 所以 我不再需要你的服务了 |
[16:15] | Good-bye, John. | 再见 约翰 |
[16:27] | Absinthe. | 苦艾酒 |
[16:29] | Yes, I know it’s not technically legal, | 是啊 我知道这不太合法 |
[16:30] | but no need to play Eliot Ness tonight. | 但今晚就别装禁酒探员了 |
[16:34] | My name is James March. | 我叫詹姆斯·马奇 |
[16:36] | I own this hotel. | 我是旅馆的主人 |
[16:38] | What is that accent? | 口音怎么回事 |
[16:40] | You sound like a 1930s movie. | 你听着活像30年代的老电影 |
[16:42] | You look like one, too. | 看着也像 |
[16:45] | Ah, yes. | 是啊 |
[16:46] | I had a marvelous professor at Exeter. | 我在埃克塞特有位很棒的教授 |
[16:50] | I freely admit that I mimicked his Brahman diction | 我不羞于承认我模仿了他的口音 |
[16:52] | until I made it my own. | 直到能信手拈来 |
[16:54] | As for my clothing, my choice of decor, | 至于我的衣饰和装饰品的选择 |
[16:58] | the modern world is an awfully uncomfortable place, | 现代世界实在太让人不舒服 |
[17:00] | don’t you think? | 你不觉得吗 |
[17:02] | Yes, I know the accoutrements of modern living | 我知道当今社会的着装 |
[17:04] | allow an ease of communication, | 让人更便于交流 |
[17:05] | but the price paid for that is | 但为此付出的代价 |
[17:06] | that no one actually sits and talks over a drink, | 是不再有人会坐下喝酒 好好聊聊 |
[17:10] | like the good old days. | 就像以前那样 |
[17:13] | Down the hatch. | 一口闷 |
[17:24] | Some time ago, we had a guest here | 我们曾请过一位客人 |
[17:26] | at the Cortez named Kirlian. | 来科泰兹 他叫基尔良 |
[17:28] | A photographer. | 他是位摄影师 |
[17:30] | He claimed to be able to use | 他说能用电 |
[17:31] | electricity to photograph a man’s aura. | 拍下一个人的气场 |
[17:34] | I became fascinated by these auras. | 我被这些气场深深迷住了 |
[17:37] | Over time, I began to be able | 后来 我一看见一个人 |
[17:38] | to see a man’s aura the moment I met him. | 就能看见他的气场了 |
[17:41] | The moment you walked into my suite, | 你一走进我的房间 |
[17:45] | I was struck by the intensity of your aura. | 我就被你强烈的气场震撼了 |
[17:50] | See, most folks radiate red or blue, | 瞧 大部分人都发出红或蓝光 |
[17:52] | purple if they’re quite mystical, | 如果是比较神秘的人 是紫色的 |
[17:53] | but yours… was jet black. | 但你 是漆黑的 |
[17:59] | Black as the ace of spades, as they say. | 像黑桃A一样黑 |
[18:02] | What does that mean? | 这意味着什么 |
[18:03] | Two schools of thought. | 两个看法 |
[18:05] | One is that you have a protective cloak around you. | 一是你身边笼罩着保护罩 |
[18:08] | It allows you to focus on any task at hand, | 让你可以专注于手边的任务 |
[18:10] | regardless of the other’s judgment. | 不管他人怎么看 |
[18:13] | The other is that you have a need to dominate | 或者 是你需要征服 |
[18:15] | and control the world around you, | 控制你身边的世界 |
[18:17] | bend it to your will. | 要它听你的 |
[18:19] | That is a man who is willing to do bad to do good. | 这样的人会愿为大善行小恶 |
[18:23] | You are full of shit. | 你真满嘴胡言 |
[18:25] | And you are full of rage. | 而你充满愤怒 |
[18:28] | Dangerous to keep it all inside, John. | 都窝在心里是很危险的 约翰 |
[18:30] | It will give you the cancer if you don’t let it out sometimes. | 你如果不发泄一下 会害你得癌症的 |
[18:34] | Tell me, | 告诉我 |
[18:35] | have you ever roughed up a suspect a bit? | 你有没有对嫌犯动过粗 |
[18:38] | Put him in handcuffs | 给他戴上手铐 |
[18:39] | and then forgotten to read him his rights, | 却忘记给他宣读米兰达权利 |
[18:41] | and then just given him some good old-fashioned | 然后当时就让他尝尝 |
[18:43] | justice right there on the spot? | 老式正义的滋味 |
[18:45] | You think I don’t want to? | 你觉得我不想吗 |
[18:46] | I feel your constant battle to keep it in check. | 我能感受到你为控制情绪在不断挣扎 |
[18:50] | I once walked in on a 273D– | 我有次撞见一起273D |
[18:53] | domestic dispute in progress. | 进行中的家庭纠纷 |
[18:56] | It took everything I had not to… pound this guy’s face | 我拼尽全力 才没有打扁那人的脸 |
[19:00] | and make him swallow his own teeth and blood. | 逼他吞下自己的牙和血 |
[19:05] | Don’t tell anyone that, though. | 别告诉别人哦 |
[19:07] | Why not? | 为什么不呢 |
[19:10] | Why should you be ashamed? | 你为什么要觉得羞愧 |
[19:11] | You would just be doing your job. | 你那样也不过是尽职 |
[19:13] | My job is to arrest them. | 我的职责是逮捕他们 |
[19:16] | And how does that make you feel? | 那是什么感觉 |
[19:18] | When you collar a man as opposed to letting your fists | 当你给一个人戴上手铐 而不是用拳头 |
[19:22] | be jury and judge? | 做陪审团和法官 |
[19:26] | If it was up to me? | 如果我能决定 |
[19:28] | Yes. | 说 |
[19:28] | I don’t need a judge to tell me whether someone’s guilty or not. | 我才不需要法官来告诉我一个人有没有罪 |
[19:31] | I know. | 我就知道 |
[19:31] | I believe you, John. | 我相信你 约翰 |
[19:33] | If they took the leash off me, | 如果他们放开对我的束缚 |
[19:34] | crime would drop in this city. | 这城市的犯罪率会下降 |
[19:36] | I truly do. | 我真心相信你 |
[19:39] | We drank his absinthe. | 我们喝他的苦艾酒 |
[19:40] | We talked… for two straight days. | 我们聊了两天 |
[19:43] | We talked about the law– man’s law, God’s law. | 我们谈论法律 人之法 上帝之法 |
[19:47] | And about the meaning of true purpose | 我们聊真正使命的意义 |
[19:49] | and the meaningless of everything else. | 以及其他的一切多么虚无 |
[19:52] | Most importantly, he helped me forget. | 更重要的是 他帮我遗忘 |
[19:56] | He is the one. | 就是他了 |
[20:00] | I don’t want him, not now. | 我不想要他 现在不行 |
[20:04] | He’s been poisoned with that moonshine of yours. | 他都被你的私酒荼毒了 |
[20:08] | I didn’t invite you here to feed off of him, | 我不是叫你来吸血的 |
[20:10] | you perverted animal. | 你个变态的畜生 |
[20:11] | I need your help. | 我需要你帮忙 |
[20:13] | He… is the one. | 他就是我要的人 |
[20:19] | All the others I’ve tried to mentor to finish my work– | 其他所有我想指导完成我大业的人 |
[20:21] | Gacy, Ramirez, | 加西 拉米雷斯 |
[20:23] | that poof Dahmer– | 那个同性恋达莫 |
[20:24] | all amateurs compared to this one. | 跟他比起来 都是外行 |
[20:26] | He won’t do it. | 他不会那么做的 |
[20:27] | Why? This man has greatness in him! | 为什么 这人有伟大的潜质 |
[20:30] | Once-in-a-generation rage. | 难得一见的愤怒 |
[20:31] | A man only has a grip as tight as he does because he knows that | 像他把持得这么紧的人 是因为心知 |
[20:34] | if he lets go, even slightly, | 一旦他放手 哪怕一点点 |
[20:36] | he will hurl himself into the abyss. | 都会投进无限深渊 |
[20:39] | He won’t let go. | 他不会放手的 |
[20:42] | He still has hope. | 他还有希望 |
[20:44] | Easily remedied. | 很好办 |
[20:46] | He just needs a little shove. | 他只需要一点助力 |
[20:48] | Why would I help you when it gives me so much joy | 我为什么要帮你呢 看你受折磨 |
[20:50] | to see you suffer? | 让我那么开心 |
[20:55] | He has children. | 他有孩子 |
[20:58] | The boy is very beautiful. | 那男孩很漂亮 |
[21:07] | Like I said, | 就像我说的 |
[21:09] | he just needs a little push. | 他只需要点助力 |
[21:11] | A nudge into the darkest places of his heart. | 轻轻一推 把他推入心灵的至黑之所 |
[21:16] | He needs to hate the whole world and everything in it. | 他需要恨全世界 恨世界上的一切 |
[21:40] | I didn’t remember. | 我不记得了 |
[21:41] | Where, who with, what we did. | 那地方 那些人 我们做了什么 |
[21:45] | It was lost time in my mind. | 我忘记了那段时间 |
[21:57] | Scarlett carpooled with Wendy. I’m late to take Holden. | 斯嘉丽跟温蒂拼车了 我接霍尔登已经完了 |
[22:00] | – There’s coffee, though. – I’m sorry, Alex. | -但是有咖啡 -对不起 亚历克丝 |
[22:03] | You should send a bottle of Scotch to your friend Hahn. | 你该给你朋友韩送瓶威士忌 |
[22:05] | He tried covering for you, | 他还想替你打掩护来着 |
[22:06] | at least for the first day and a half. | 至少头一天半是的 |
[22:09] | I wasn’t cheating on you. | 我没有出轨 |
[22:10] | Of course you weren’t cheating. | 当然了 |
[22:12] | If you were, you would have called | 如果是那样 你也会打电话 |
[22:13] | and lied about where you were. | 骗我说你在别的什么地方 |
[22:16] | You’re a terrible husband. | 你是个糟糕的丈夫 |
[22:19] | If we didn’t have two kids and I didn’t still love you, | 如果我们不是有两个孩子 而我还爱你 |
[22:21] | I would tell you to pack your bags. | 我会叫你收拾东西滚蛋 |
[22:24] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[22:26] | It’s just a slipup, that’s all. | 我就是一时疏忽而已 |
[22:30] | Hey, buddy. | 伙计 |
[22:35] | Are you home now, Daddy? | 你回家了 爸爸 |
[22:37] | Yeah, yeah. | 是啊 |
[22:38] | Hey, what do you say we all go to the beach this afternoon? | 我们今天下午一起去沙滩怎么样 |
[22:41] | I drove by and saw there’s a big carnival | 我开车经过时看到那里 |
[22:42] | or something going on down there. | 好像有嘉年华还是什么的 |
[22:43] | – Yay! – Yeah? | -太好了 -好吗 |
[22:46] | All right, we got to run. | 好了 我们得走了 |
[22:48] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[22:52] | I love you guys. | 我爱你们 |
[22:54] | We love you, too. | 我们也爱你 |
[23:08] | Along with my son, I lost everything else that mattered to me. | 一切对我有意义的东西 都随着我儿子一起没了 |
[23:13] | There was always something more to do, until there wasn’t. | 我们总是能再做点什么 直到我们什么都做完了 |
[23:18] | And after the volunteers had gone, | 志愿者走后 |
[23:21] | the house was empty. | 家里空无一人 |
[23:24] | I was never more alone than being there | 我跟我妻子在一起 |
[23:28] | with my wife. | 却觉得万分孤独 |
[23:29] | You went through a boatload of shit, John. | 你经历了很多痛苦 约翰 |
[23:32] | Your child went missing. | 你的孩子失踪了 |
[23:34] | But you got through it. | 但你都撑过来了 |
[23:35] | You pulled yourself together. | 你振作了起来 |
[23:37] | I was never the same again. | 我变了 |
[23:40] | There was only one place | 只有一个地方 |
[23:41] | I could feel any measure of peace. | 能让我感到一丝平静 |
[23:44] | A place where I could lose myself | 我可以在那儿放纵自己 |
[23:46] | and never be found. | 永远迷失 |
[23:49] | I began to live two different lives. | 我开始过起双重生活 |
[23:51] | Completely separate from each other. | 两者毫无共通 |
[23:53] | One at home with Alex. | 一个是在家跟亚历克丝 |
[23:55] | Where a minute lasted every bit of 60 seconds. | 每一秒都度日如年 |
[24:02] | The other at the Hotel Cortez | 另一个是在科泰兹旅馆 |
[24:04] | with James March. | 跟詹姆斯·马奇 |
[24:08] | Time had a way of making a different journey in that place. | 时间在那里走得很不一样 |
[24:17] | Five years went by like it was yesterday. | 五年过去了 还恍如昨日 |
[24:22] | Foie gras. | 鹅肝酱 |
[24:23] | It’s surprising how delicious a little cruelty can taste. | 一丝残酷居然能如此美味 |
[24:27] | Enjoy. | 慢用 |
[24:29] | His voice was like a sliver of silk thread. | 他的声音就像银丝线 |
[24:32] | A thin strand that would wrap around my head | 细细地缠住我的脑袋 |
[24:34] | before burrowing inside me with his ideas. | 然后带着他的想法钻进去 |
[24:36] | John, | 约翰 |
[24:39] | do you know the difference between you and I? | 知道我们有什么区别吗 |
[24:42] | Millions? | 百万财产吗 |
[24:44] | No. | 不是 |
[24:46] | Pain. | 是痛苦 |
[24:49] | I’ve shed my load. | 我已经卸下了痛苦 |
[24:51] | You carry yours like a man with a sack full of rocks | 你却像个背着一袋石头过河的人 |
[24:54] | crossing a river. | 扛着你的痛苦 |
[24:55] | One false step and you go under. | 走错一步 就会被淹没 |
[24:58] | I submit you’ve received | 我看你遭受了痛苦 |
[25:00] | no justice for the pain you’ve suffered. | 却没得到一点正义 |
[25:03] | You’re constrained by the very laws you promised to uphold. | 你被你承诺维护的法律所束缚 |
[25:07] | It’s not your fault, you see. | 这不怪你 |
[25:10] | It’s what you’ve been taught. | 这是你受的教育 |
[25:13] | I’ve got 40 files on my desk. | 我桌上有40卷案宗 |
[25:15] | I’ll be lucky to clear ten of them. | 能查清十件就不错了 |
[25:19] | Real criminals never pay. | 真正的罪犯从不用付出代价 |
[25:23] | Come with me. | 跟我来 |
[25:27] | You’re ready for a new lesson. | 你准备好上新课了 |
[25:30] | My trophy room. | 我的战利品室 |
[25:33] | Why’s it so dark in here? | 这里怎么那么暗 |
[25:34] | Some things you’re not yet ready to see. | 有些东西你还没准备好看呢 |
[25:37] | Magnificent animals, all. | 都是无比壮丽的动物 |
[25:39] | The bison almost trampled me in a stampede. | 这头美洲野牛差点在群奔时踩死我 |
[25:47] | Ah, yes. | 对了 |
[25:49] | Jesus. | 天啊 |
[25:50] | My accountant, Henry. | 我的会计 亨利 |
[25:52] | Henry was stealing from me, to be sure, | 亨利偷了我的钱 |
[25:54] | but he had so much more to pay for. | 但他还有很多罪孽要偿 |
[25:58] | Halitosis, for one. | 比如口臭 |
[26:00] | You’re a monster. | 你真是个禽兽 |
[26:02] | I’m gonna report this. | 我要去上报 |
[26:04] | You can report me. But it won’t take an ounce | 你可以举报我 但绝不会减轻 |
[26:06] | of weight off those broad shoulders. | 你肩上的一丝重担 |
[26:08] | What’s holding you down is a moral code contrived by man. | 压制你的 是人定的道德准则 |
[26:12] | Laws written by bureaucrats. | 官僚书写的法律 |
[26:15] | Take my hand | 牵着我的手 |
[26:16] | and climb out of that morass. | 从那片沼泽里爬出来吧 |
[26:27] | Three people died and they dismiss | 三个人死了 却无人获刑 |
[26:28] | because of a technicality. | 因为我们的法律体系吗 |
[26:30] | The system, man. | 制度就是这样 伙计 |
[26:31] | March was right. | 马奇说得没错 |
[26:34] | The law had nothing to do with justice. | 法律和正义无关 |
[26:36] | John. | 约翰 |
[26:37] | You’re a sight for sore eyes. | 见到你真是高兴 |
[26:50] | Why the glum face? | 为什么拉长着脸 |
[26:54] | A splash of brown plaid will set you right. | 一杯酒应该能解你的忧 |
[27:08] | He would have been ten today. | 他今天该10岁了 |
[27:12] | My boy. | 我的孩子 |
[27:15] | So much potential on the day of birth. | 人在出生时被赋予了无限的潜能 |
[27:19] | Should be a cause to celebrate. | 本该是个庆祝的日子的 |
[27:23] | Not a day to mourn. | 而不是哀悼的时刻 |
[27:29] | Didn’t work out that way. | 但不是这样的 |
[27:33] | Maybe it did. | 也许是呢 |
[27:37] | Not for Holden. | 不是为了霍尔登 |
[27:41] | For you. | 而是为了你 |
[27:48] | To be reborn. | 庆祝你重获新生 |
[27:51] | If I could find the man who took him… | 如果我能找到拐走他的人 |
[27:54] | You would bring him justice. | 你将让他得到制裁 |
[27:56] | There’s no such thing as justice anymore. | 没有所谓的公道了 |
[27:58] | All I see is how justice is perverted every day. | 我所见的只是正义的日渐扭曲 |
[28:05] | I want to share a story about a guest | 我想和你分享一个客人的故事 |
[28:08] | who came to this hotel. | 他就住在这旅馆里 |
[28:10] | He brought his nephew to stay overnight | 为了周末到主题游乐场玩 |
[28:12] | for a weekend of fun at the theme parks. | 他带着侄子来过夜 |
[28:16] | The boy bore no familial resemblance, | 在我看来 这男孩 |
[28:19] | as far as I could see. | 和他毫不相像 |
[28:20] | Ms. Evers found something while she was changing the sheets. | 爱弗斯女士在换床单的时候发现了点东西 |
[28:31] | Jesus. | 天啊 |
[28:33] | He’s just a little kid. | 他还是个孩子啊 |
[28:35] | Around ten, I would say. | 大概10岁吧 我猜 |
[28:41] | What room is he in? | 他住哪个房间 |
[28:42] | He checked out this morning. | 今早就退房了 |
[28:45] | You’re confused, John. | 你弄混了 约翰 |
[28:47] | I worked the Gamboa case with you. | 我和你一起调查的嘉鲍案 |
[28:49] | He wasn’t a pedophile. | 他不是恋童癖 |
[28:51] | But that wasn’t Gamboa’s only sin. | 但那不是嘉鲍唯一的罪 |
[29:03] | I saw your ad on Craigslist. | 我在克雷格列表网站[广告网]看到你了 |
[29:05] | You have the money? | 有钱吗 |
[29:22] | There it is. | 就是这个 |
[29:24] | The thing that dreams are made of. | 所有人的梦想之物 |
[29:27] | The most important award in the world. | 世界上最珍贵的奖杯 |
[29:30] | And you can have it for $5,000 cash. | 5000块就卖给你 |
[29:35] | Oh, it’s heavier than it looks. | 比看上去的要重嘛 |
[29:36] | You can smudge it all you want | 只要你交了钱 |
[29:39] | after you hand over the cash. | 随你怎么摆弄 |
[29:47] | I’m gonna have to ask you to leave. | 恐怕你得走了 |
[29:49] | And take those horrible photographs with you. | 这些可怕的照片也带走 |
[29:52] | You checked into the Cortez with this boy. | 你带着这男孩住进了科泰兹旅馆 |
[29:55] | Please. | 求你了 |
[29:55] | I’m just a man who likes to write about movies | 我只是个喜欢在网上 |
[29:58] | on the Internet. | 写影评的普通人 |
[30:00] | Where is he now? | 他现在在哪儿 |
[30:02] | Did you make him disappear? | 你毁尸灭迹了吗 |
[30:04] | No. | 没有 |
[30:05] | He’s ten today. | 他今天该10岁了 |
[30:07] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么啊 |
[30:08] | You destroyed his family. | 你毁了他一家 |
[30:10] | Where’s his justice? Where’s mine? | 他的公正去哪儿找 我的公正去哪儿找 |
[30:13] | What price are you gonna pay? | 你要付出什么代价 |
[30:16] | I’m gonna call the cops. | 我要报警了 |
[30:20] | Beat you to it. | 你已经见到了 |
[30:35] | Holden! Holden! Holden! | 霍尔登 霍尔登 霍尔登 |
[30:38] | There’s no such thing as justice anymore. | 没有所谓的公道了 |
[31:17] | It should have ended there. | 我本该就那么死了的 |
[31:20] | Somebody cut you down. | 有人救了你 |
[31:23] | I’ve had help, Andy. | 有人帮了我 安迪 |
[31:25] | Sally. | 是萨莉 |
[31:26] | She was always there, | 她总在 |
[31:29] | like a shadow | 像一团影子 |
[31:30] | dancing at the corner of your eye. | 在你的眼角跳动 |
[31:34] | She wormed her way in. | 一点点地蠕动进来 |
[31:38] | The way smoke gets into your clothes. | 就像烟味渗透进你的衣服 |
[31:45] | Before we lost Holden, | 我们失去霍尔登之前 |
[31:47] | the idea of cheating on my wife, | 背叛妻子的想法 |
[31:49] | on my family, | 背叛家庭的想法 |
[31:51] | would have been unthinkable to me. | 根本不可想象 |
[31:53] | Then along came Sally– | 但我遇到了萨莉 |
[31:55] | a bottomless pit of need. | 她就是一口无尽的欲望之井 |
[31:58] | When I was with Sally, | 和萨莉在一起 |
[31:59] | I was someone else. | 我像是变了一个人 |
[32:01] | I didn’t know where she came from. | 我不知道她从何处来 |
[32:03] | I didn’t want to. | 也不想知道 |
[32:05] | She accepted me | 她完全地接受我 |
[32:08] | and I accepted her. | 我也完全接受她 |
[32:11] | …through your generous love offerings. | …源自你们的慷慨给予 |
[32:14] | Christ, how I hate this man. | 天啊 我真是讨厌这个家伙 |
[32:17] | Hypocrite. | 伪君子 |
[32:18] | Won’t you pick up the phone? | 你们能不能拿出电话 |
[32:19] | Spewing hate and calling it love. | 散布仇恨 却称之为爱 |
[32:22] | Call now. | 现在就打 |
[32:30] | I have to go. | 我得走了 |
[32:47] | No. | 不 |
[32:50] | I shouldn’t be here. | 我不该来的 |
[32:55] | She knew I’d always come back. | 她知道我总会回来的 |
[32:58] | And though I never made any promises, | 尽管我从不承诺什么 |
[33:02] | I think a part of her hoped that I would stay. | 我觉得她是希望我留下的 |
[33:11] | What is the matter with you?! | 你是什么毛病 |
[33:13] | I didn’t do anything! | 我什么也没做 |
[33:14] | Precisely! You were just going to let him expire? | 正是如此 你要让他死吗 |
[33:18] | He’s not yours. | 他不属于你 |
[33:20] | Not yet. | 还不是 |
[33:21] | Or have you forgotten our little arrangement? | 还是你忘了我们的小协议 |
[33:24] | My protection comes with a price. | 我的保护是有代价的 |
[33:26] | This demon that you and your kind have conjured | 你和你的变态行为所滋生的怪物 |
[33:28] | with your diseased acts must feed. | 必须吃饱肚子 |
[33:29] | If not on others, then on you, dear Sally. | 如果不吃人 就轮到你了 萨莉 |
[33:33] | Fine. I’ll do whatever you say. | 好吧 我会按你说的做 |
[33:37] | I swear. | 我发誓 |
[33:46] | I’m afraid. | 我怕了 |
[33:48] | What if he dies out there? | 如果他死在外面了怎么办 |
[33:50] | And I lose him forever. | 我就永远失去他了 |
[33:52] | You’re a clever girl, Sally. | 你是个聪明姑娘 萨莉 |
[33:54] | Find someone who can move in his world. | 找个能在他的世界活动的人 |
[34:00] | This accomplice of yours, this Sally, | 这个共犯 萨莉 |
[34:04] | she look anything like this? | 是长这样吗 |
[34:07] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[34:08] | – That’s her. – Sally McKenna. | -就是她 -萨莉·麦肯纳 |
[34:10] | She jumped out of a window at the Cortez in ’94. | 她94年从科泰兹旅馆楼上跳下 |
[34:13] | She’s been dead for more than 20 years, John. | 已经死了20多年了 约翰 |
[34:19] | John, can’t you see what’s going on here? | 约翰 你还不懂发生了什么吗 |
[34:22] | Man, you’re confused! | 伙计 你完全糊涂了 |
[34:23] | I’m not confused. | 我没有 |
[34:28] | Something’s not real. | 有些事不是真的 |
[34:35] | When I leave this place… | 当我离开这里 |
[34:39] | I can’t remember you. | 我就记不起你了 |
[34:42] | Why can’t I remember? | 为什么记不得了呢 |
[34:44] | The Cortez is a selfish mistress, John. | 科泰兹是个自私的婊子 约翰 |
[34:47] | Jealous. Possessive. | 善妒 占有欲强 |
[34:53] | She will never let you take anything with you. | 她不会让你拿走任何东西的 |
[34:58] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[35:00] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[35:17] | I killed a man tonight. | 我今晚杀了一个人 |
[35:20] | And how did it feel? | 那是什么感觉 |
[35:22] | Like justice. | 像是找到了正义 |
[35:25] | Like I was punishing the man who stole my boy. | 就像是在惩罚拐走我孩子的人 |
[35:27] | But you tried to kill yourself. | 但你想要自杀 |
[35:29] | Because I loved it. | 因为我爱那种感觉 |
[35:31] | I loved it more than anything I’ve ever experienced in my life. | 无比地爱 好像一辈子都没有过的快感 |
[35:36] | Of course you did. | 当然会爱了 |
[35:38] | And why not? | 为什么不爱呢 |
[35:40] | You’re discovering who you really are. | 你在逐步发现真正的自己 |
[35:43] | Your true purpose. | 你真正的使命 |
[35:46] | Everything’s chaos. | 一切都混乱不堪 |
[35:49] | It’s up to us as civilized men to impose order on that chaos. | 我们这些文明人就是要拨乱反正 |
[35:54] | Just as you did tonight. | 正如你今晚的行为 |
[35:58] | I lost control. | 我失控了 |
[36:00] | You let go. | 是你放开了 |
[36:02] | That’s very different. | 两者之间有很大的不同 |
[36:06] | It didn’t bring Holden back. | 但这换不回霍尔登 |
[36:08] | No. | 是的 |
[36:10] | Your son is gone. | 你儿子已经不在了 |
[36:12] | And the pain you’re feeling | 你的痛苦 |
[36:14] | will never go away. | 永远不会消除 |
[36:16] | But you used it tonight. | 但你今晚利用了这点 |
[36:18] | You took your pain, and you made the world a cleaner place. | 你利用了你的痛苦 还这个世界一分清净 |
[36:22] | That’s a decidedly positive first step. | 这是果断而正确的第一步 |
[36:26] | I’d like to show you something. | 有些东西我想给你看看 |
[36:31] | Behold. The unfinished work of James Patrick March. | 看吧 詹姆斯·帕特里克·马奇未竟的事业 |
[36:36] | This was to be my crowning achievement, my Hamlet. | 这本将是我最大的成就 我的巨作 |
[36:39] | Well, really more of a sonnet when you compare it | 和我早期的作品比起来 |
[36:41] | to my earlier work. What I really loved | 更像是一首十四行诗 关于这部作品 |
[36:43] | about this project was its simplicity of statement. | 我最钟爱它朴素的表达 |
[36:45] | The elegance of a round number. Ten. | 整数的美感 十 |
[36:49] | Which makes it even more vexing I was never able to complete it. | 我竟未能完成 这让我无比懊恼 |
[36:56] | Finish my work, John. | 完成我的作品 约翰 |
[36:59] | Make it your own. | 把它变成你的 |
[37:02] | I’ll get caught. | 我会被抓到的 |
[37:04] | No, no, no, no, no. | 不不不 |
[37:06] | You won’t get caught. | 你不会被抓到的 |
[37:08] | Because you’re gonna make yourself | 因为你会让自己 |
[37:10] | lead detective on the case. | 成为负责这个案子的警探 |
[37:13] | Do it in loving memory of your only begotten son. | 做吧 为了纪念你唯一的儿子 |
[37:37] | So you want me to believe | 所以你是说 |
[37:38] | that wasn’t your first time at the crime scene? | 那不是你第一次出现在案发现场 |
[37:40] | My third. | 第三次 |
[37:42] | When I killed him, when I went back there | 我杀了他后 又回到那里 |
[37:44] | to remove the evidence, and when you met me there. | 消除证据 再与你回合 |
[37:47] | John. | 约翰 |
[37:52] | I thought Alvarez caught this stiff. | 这不是已经是阿尔瓦雷斯的案子了吗 |
[37:54] | The hell we doing here? | 我们来干什么 |
[37:56] | It interests me. | 我很感兴趣 |
[37:57] | You really think taking on an extra case is such a good idea? | 你真的还想手上再添一个案子吗 |
[38:02] | Frankly, pal, you haven’t really been 100% lately. | 说真的 伙计 你最近不太正常 |
[38:07] | I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[38:09] | That’s not what your wife thinks. | 你妻子可不这么觉得 |
[38:12] | She called me the other day. | 她前几天找过我 |
[38:15] | Wanted to see if we could meet for coffee. | 约我在咖啡馆见 |
[38:19] | You had coffee with my wife? | 你和我妻子一起喝咖啡了 |
[38:22] | She’s worried about you, brother. | 她很担心你 兄弟 |
[38:24] | Says you disappear for days at a time. | 说你时不时地就失踪好几天 |
[38:31] | You had coffee with my wife? | 你和我妻子一起喝咖啡了 |
[38:35] | I know they’re banging each other. | 我就知道他们搞在一起 |
[38:37] | She pushes me away. Turns to my partner for comfort? | 不断拒绝我 却到我的搭档那儿找安慰 |
[38:50] | I’ll kill ’em both. | 我要杀了他们 |
[38:53] | March wants me to finish his work? | 马奇让我完成他的事业 |
[38:55] | I’ll start with them. | 就拿他们开刀 |
[38:59] | You cannot begin by killing your own wife. | 你不能从杀妻开始 |
[39:03] | It has to be someone they can’t trace back to you. | 不能让他们查到你 |
[39:10] | They meet once a week. | 他们每周见一次 |
[39:12] | Every Thursday afternoon, | 每周四下午 |
[39:14] | like clockwork. | 准时得跟钟一样 |
[39:16] | They’re both married with kids. | 都是有家室有孩子的 |
[39:18] | They met on Ashley Madison. | 在交友网站上认识的 |
[39:20] | She puts the room on her company credit card. | 女的用公司的信用卡开房 |
[39:25] | Thou shalt not commit adultery. | 不可通奸 |
[39:34] | They’re in 53. | 在53号房 |
[39:37] | They like to do it in the shower. | 喜欢淋浴的时候做 |
[39:43] | The Emery murder didn’t happen at the Cortez. | 艾里梅并不是发生在科泰兹旅馆的 |
[39:45] | No. It couldn’t happen there. | 是的 不在那里 |
[39:48] | Every act must be dramatic. Theatrical. | 每一次谋杀都要夸张 戏剧化 |
[39:51] | You must give it meaning. But never here, | 你得赋予其意义 但不能在这儿 |
[39:54] | never at the Cortez. | 不能在科泰兹 |
[39:58] | Both victims had the same text on their cell phone, | 两位被害人手机都收到了同样的短信 |
[40:00] | each asking the other to meet ’em at the Bel Air. | 都是叫他们去贝莱尔酒店见面 |
[40:02] | Only, they didn’t send ’em to each other. | 但并不是他们给彼此发的 |
[40:05] | Then I got their family photos from the Internet. | 然后我从网上找到了他们的家庭照片 |
[40:07] | Social media sites. | 社交网络 |
[40:08] | I don’t believe you. | 我不信 |
[40:09] | And I waited for them. | 我在那儿等着 |
[40:17] | You remember that big pharma bust we had a few months back? | 还记得几个月前我们查抄的药厂爆炸案吗 |
[40:20] | I got the male potency drugs from our evidence lock-up. | 我从证据柜里偷了壮阳药 |
[40:23] | You can check. | 你可以去查 |
[40:24] | And then I took his tongue | 然后我割下他的舌头 |
[40:28] | and his eyes. | 挖下他的眼睛 |
[40:30] | We already know that’s how it happened. | 我们已经知道事情经过了 |
[40:32] | If you really did it, tell me something new. | 如果真是你干的 告诉我一点新鲜的 |
[40:34] | And what about that suspect | 那个嫌疑犯呢 |
[40:36] | you reported seeing at the Rylance house? | 你说在赖伦斯家看到的那个 |
[40:38] | The man with the bowler hat. | 戴着圆礼帽的那个 |
[40:40] | You can’t be in two places at once, John. | 你没有分身术的 约翰 |
[40:42] | It was me. | 就是我自己 |
[40:45] | I was seeing myself manifested as James March. | 我看见自己扮成詹姆斯·马奇的样子 |
[40:48] | Except you couldn’t remember any of this until today. | 而你之前完全不记得了 直到今天 |
[41:03] | Listen to me, John. | 听我说 约翰 |
[41:09] | I know how bad you wanted this guy. | 我知道你多想抓到这家伙 |
[41:11] | And you feel responsible. | 你觉得你有责任 |
[41:14] | But you’re not. | 但你没有 |
[41:17] | I know you, brother. | 我了解你 兄弟 |
[41:18] | Now, you are a lot of things, but you are no killer. | 现在你精神不太好 但你绝不是个杀手 |
[41:25] | You’re wrong. | 你错了 |
[41:26] | Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s wife, Andy. | 不可贪恋他人的妻子 安迪 |
[41:30] | It’s one of the Ten Commandments. | 这也是十诫之一 |
[41:36] | Admit what you’ve done, and I’ll show you some mercy. | 承认自己的罪孽吧 我会宽恕你 |
[41:40] | You don’t deserve Alex. | 你配不上亚历克丝 |
[42:06] | To what do we owe this pleasure, Mr. Police Officer? | 什么风把您吹来了 警察先生 |
[42:12] | Is it that obvious? | 这么明显吗 |
[42:15] | You must have a lot of run-ins with the police. | 你一定经常与警察打交道 |
[42:19] | Checking in? | 要住房吗 |
[42:22] | I know who I am, Iris. | 我知道自己是谁了 艾芮斯 |
[42:25] | And I know who you are. | 我也知道你是谁 |
[42:26] | I’ve been coming to this hotel for the past five years. | 我过去的五年里一直进出这家旅馆 |
[42:30] | But now you remember. | 现在你想起来了 |
[42:34] | Oh, thank Jesus. | 谢天谢地 |
[42:36] | Oh, it was exhausting. | 真是累死我了 |
[42:39] | Every time I saw you, I didn’t know | 每次看到你 我都不知道 |
[42:41] | which John I was talking to. | 我在和那个约翰说话 |
[42:43] | Some nights I’d be so tempted to set you straight, but… | 那么多次我想让你想起来 |
[42:48] | then I’d look into your eyes, | 但我看着你的眼 |
[42:50] | see the pain. | 看到那其中的痛苦 |
[42:53] | Didn’t feel right for me to add to it. | 就觉得自己不能再平添你的苦恼 |
[42:56] | I wasn’t ready. | 我那时还没有准备好 |
[42:58] | Are we ever ready to see ourselves for what we are? | 我们何时真的准备好认清自己的真面目 |
[43:03] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[43:05] | Sounds like you have no regrets. | 听上去你已经没有遗憾了 |
[43:08] | None. | 完全没有 |
[43:10] | Except for Wren. | 除了对任 |
[43:12] | That one isn’t on you, John. | 那不怪你 约翰 |
[43:13] | Wren died because of Sally. | 任死了都是因为萨莉 |
[43:16] | Follow him wherever he goes. | 跟着他 无论他去哪儿 |
[43:19] | And do whatever you have to do. | 必要时一定要行动 |
[43:21] | Just don’t let my man die out there. | 别让我的男人死在外面 |
[43:24] | What manner of shit are you trying to put in her head? | 你朝她脑子里灌输什么呢 |
[43:28] | Language. | 注意你的用词 |
[43:30] | Wren was trying to protect me. | 任想要保护我 |
[43:32] | I guess, in some twisted way, we all were. | 以某种扭曲的方式吧 我们都是 |
[43:37] | You know the truth. | 你已经知道了真相 |
[43:39] | Walk out of here. | 离开这儿吧 |
[43:41] | Leave all this behind. | 把这一切抛在脑后 |
[43:42] | You can do that. | 你可以的 |
[43:47] | Give me the key to Room 64. | 请把64号房的钥匙给我 |
[43:57] | Thou shalt not covet. | 不可贪恋 |
[43:59] | The instrument of adultery. | 通奸的阳具 |
[44:02] | I’d say you took the best part of him. | 不得不说 你取了他身上最棒的部分 |
[44:07] | There’s something different about you, John. | 你有所不同了 约翰 |
[44:10] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[44:14] | Clarity. | 清醒 |
[44:18] | Yes! | 是啊 |
[44:21] | You can finally appreciate the beauty of your work. | 你终于可以欣赏你美丽的杰作了 |
[44:24] | Death is your art. | 死亡就是你的艺术 |
[44:27] | I stand in awe of your talent. | 我对你的天赋深表敬畏 |
[44:33] | But what will you do with it, | 但你要拿它怎么办 |
[44:35] | now that you understand? | 现在你终于明白了 |
[44:38] | Two more. | 还差两个 |
[44:41] | Splendid. | 伟大 |
[44:43] | Then the masterpiece will be complete. | 然后大作就完成了 |
[44:47] | You’re home, John. | 你回家了 约翰 |