时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:18] | – Take it to the big tent. – Yes, Madam. | -搬到大帐篷去 -是 老板娘 |
[00:26] | Fate. Destiny. Luck. | 命运 宿命 运气 |
[00:29] | The prisons of man. | 都是束缚人们的监牢 |
[00:31] | People pass the time, enjoying the choices life provides– | 时光匆匆 人们只能享受生命给出的选择 |
[00:36] | coffee or tea, right or left. | 咖啡或茶 右或左 |
[00:39] | As if it matters. | 根本无所谓 |
[00:42] | We are all just spinning on the wheel. | 我们都不过是转盘上的玩物 |
[00:50] | There is but one way to keep off the wheel. | 不想任人摆布只有一个办法 |
[00:53] | It’s not youth. | 不是青春 |
[00:57] | It’s not beauty or true love. | 不是美貌或真爱 |
[01:02] | I know how to stay off the wheel. | 我知道如何不被摆布 |
[01:05] | I control my fate. | 掌控自己的命运 |
[01:08] | I have survived | 我能生存下来 |
[01:10] | because I know one must be willing to destroy anyone, anything, | 是因为我知道人要敢于毁掉一切 |
[01:14] | even the things you love, to keep the gods in check. | 甚至是心爱的人或物 才能不被命运左右 |
[01:18] | What in the hell did you bring that old thing out for? | 你把那老古董弄出来是想干什么 |
[01:22] | I was a master of the wheel in my youth. | 我年轻时可是玩飞刀杂耍的好手 |
[01:24] | We used to strap a carny up here | 我们会绑个团员在上面 |
[01:26] | and William Tell an apple right off his head. | 像威廉·泰尔一样把他头上的苹果打下来 |
[01:30] | Are we working this back into the show? | 我们要往表演里加这一出吗 |
[01:32] | Oh, no, darling. | 不 亲爱的 |
[01:34] | Television. | 是要上电视 |
[01:35] | It’s going to be my second act mainstay. | 这会是我的第二拿手把戏 |
[01:42] | Well, I hope you’re not planning on leaving too soon. | 希望你不会太快就离开 |
[01:44] | With the twins gone | 双胞胎跑了 |
[01:46] | and if you go, I mean, | 如果你也走了 |
[01:47] | there’s not gonna be much show left. | 这里就没有表演可言了 |
[01:48] | It was selfish of them to leave. | 她们走了真是自私 |
[01:50] | Well, everybody’s just worried about them. | 大伙都担心她俩 |
[01:53] | Well, tell them to stop. | 告诉他们别担心 |
[01:55] | I take that ungrateful hydra dress shopping, | 我带那不知好歹的双头怪去买衣服 |
[01:58] | and the second I turn my back to buy a slip, | 我转过去买条衬裙的功夫 |
[02:00] | they sneak out the back. | 她们就溜出去了 |
[02:01] | Truth is, the stage isn’t for everybody, you know. | 其实舞台不是每个人都能上的 懂吧 |
[02:05] | And tell our monsters | 去告诉小怪物们 |
[02:06] | that the only thing they should be thinking about | 他们脑子里唯一需要装的 |
[02:09] | is how grateful they are to me | 是对我的感恩 |
[02:12] | for saying yes to this television show. | 感激我接下了这个电视节目 |
[02:14] | In a couple of months, | 不出几个月 |
[02:16] | I will have you all, every one of you, brought out to join me. | 我就会带你们每个人都来上我的节目 |
[02:20] | Oh, they are grateful. | 他们很感激 |
[02:21] | I mean, it’s your birthday week. | 这周你过生日 |
[02:23] | They’re out there working on your presents. | 他们都去外面给你准备礼物了 |
[02:26] | And I’m gonna make you the best damn cake you ever had. | 我打算给你做个最好吃的蛋糕 |
[02:28] | Good. | 真棒 |
[02:30] | Now, go on, leave me. | 你自己忙去吧 |
[02:32] | I need to practice. | 我得练习 |
[02:33] | Okay, you’re the boss, Elsa. | 行 你才是老板娘 艾莎 |
[02:35] | Yes, I am. | 没错 我是 |
[02:47] | I like Dora better. | 我更喜欢朵拉 |
[02:49] | Well, hindsight is 20/20, dear. | 现在说这个还有什么用 亲爱的 |
[02:53] | Look under the dome; I bought you a present. | 打开餐盘 我给你买了份礼物 |
[03:00] | Prophylactics? | 安全套 |
[03:02] | What are these for? | 这是干什么 |
[03:03] | You’re a young man with a young man’s needs. | 你是个小伙子 自然有小伙子的需求 |
[03:05] | Inbreeding has caused enough pain in this family. | 近亲繁衍已经给这个家庭造成了太多痛苦 |
[03:08] | We don’t need to muddy the waters any further | 不论她俩是受了什么诅咒之苦 |
[03:09] | with whatever curse led to those girls’ affliction. | 我们都不能再趟这浑水了 |
[03:13] | I would never violate those girls. | 我绝不会侵犯她们的 |
[03:16] | I love them. | 我爱她们 |
[03:19] | I didn’t think I could feel love until I met them. | 我遇到她们才感受到什么叫作爱 |
[03:22] | My heart was lost. | 我的心本已迷失 |
[03:25] | And it took a woman with the vision of four eyes to find it, | 是一个有两双眼睛的女人找到了它 |
[03:29] | and the love of two hearts to give it back to me. | 是两颗心的爱把我的心还给了我 |
[03:35] | What do you think? | 你在想什么 |
[03:37] | Are you going to escort them to cotillion? | 你想约她们去跳沙龙舞吗 |
[03:40] | I will not allow you | 我不会允许你 |
[03:41] | to isolate us from the world because of some new fetish. | 因为什么新怪癖 就让我们被世人排斥 |
[03:44] | Because they’re freaks?! | 因为她们是畸形吗 |
[03:47] | So am I, Mother! | 我也是 母亲 |
[03:51] | When I’m with them, I feel normal. | 我跟她们在一起时才觉得正常 |
[04:07] | There comes a time in every mother’s life… | 每个母亲的生命中都会有这个时刻 |
[04:14] | …when she must give up her son to another woman. | 她必须把自己的儿子让给另一个女人 |
[04:22] | I’m going to marry those girls, Mother. | 我要娶她们 母亲 |
[04:27] | We’re going to be together | 我们要在一起 |
[04:30] | forever. | 白头偕老 |
[05:39] | Ethel. | 艾瑟尔 |
[05:41] | Oh, you have outdone yourself. | 你真是超水平发挥了 |
[05:43] | They say all the movie stars use Westmore. | 据说如今的电影明星都用韦斯莫牌化妆品 |
[05:46] | – Yes. – You got to have the best | -没错 -你要去好莱坞 |
[05:48] | on your big trip out to Hollywood. | 就该拥有最好的 |
[05:50] | Westmore. | 韦斯莫牌的 |
[05:52] | Well, come on, step lively. | 来啊 活泼点 |
[05:54] | Supposed to be a party. | 这可是个派对 |
[05:55] | Who’s next? | 下一个是谁 |
[05:59] | What have we here? | 看看你送的什么 |
[06:10] | Paul, you cheeky bastard. | 保罗 你个色鬼 |
[06:17] | Eve. | 艾薇 |
[06:19] | What can this be? | 会是什么呢 |
[06:27] | I will keep you warm, Miss Elsa. | 我可以帮你保暖 艾莎小姐 |
[06:34] | Oh, liebchen! | 亲爱的 |
[06:36] | Liebchen, liebchen, liebchen. | 我亲爱的小可爱 |
[06:40] | My very own hot water bottle to cuddle with at night. | 我晚上可以抱在怀里的暖手袋 |
[06:49] | What’s the matter? | 怎么回事 |
[06:50] | Why such long faces? | 怎么都拉着个脸 |
[06:52] | This is just the beginning of our glorious week of festivities. | 我们的一周庆典才刚刚开始 |
[06:56] | Why so gloomy? | 大家怎么都闷闷不乐 |
[06:58] | We miss the twins. | 我们想念双胞胎了 |
[07:01] | Did they say anything before they took off | 她们走之前有没有说过 |
[07:03] | about why they wanted to leave? | 为什么想离开呢 |
[07:05] | Maybe we should go search for them. | 也许我们应该去找她们 |
[07:07] | They might be lost or… | 万一她们走失了 或者 |
[07:08] | No! | 够了 |
[07:10] | Enough about the twins. | 别再提起双胞胎了 |
[07:12] | I will have no more of this! | 我不想再听了 |
[07:14] | We bring them in, | 我们带她们进来 |
[07:16] | give them a home, a family, | 给了她们一个居所 一个家 |
[07:19] | and how do they repay us? | 看看她们是怎么回报我们的 |
[07:22] | By disappearing into the night. | 就这么逃跑了 |
[07:24] | So, no more about the twins! | 所以 不许再提双胞胎 |
[07:27] | Do you hear me?! | 你们听到没有 |
[07:31] | Now, I demand that you start having fun this instant. | 我要求你们马上开心起来 |
[07:34] | Or I’ll put one of you up against that wheel. | 不然我就把你们中的一个放到转盘上去 |
[08:02] | Oh, no. | 别啊 |
[08:04] | No, no. | 别这样 |
[08:06] | Not you, too, Mit the long face. | 你不要也这么拉着脸啊 |
[08:09] | Who, me? | 你说我吗 |
[08:13] | Perhaps you are sad that I’m leaving? | 你难过是因为我要走了吗 |
[08:17] | Don’t lie to me, liebchen. | 不要骗我 亲爱的 |
[08:20] | Are you falling a little in love? | 你是不是有点爱上我了 |
[08:25] | Well, don’t. | 不要爱上我 |
[08:27] | We don’t do that, you and I. | 这不是我们会做的事 |
[08:32] | Does anyone know about us? | 有人知道我们在一起吗 |
[08:34] | Of course not. | 当然没人知道 |
[08:36] | They all assume when I sneak into your tent at night | 他们以为我每晚潜入你的帐篷 |
[08:38] | that I’m putting a mint on your pillow. | 是为了在你的枕头上留一块薄荷糖 |
[08:47] | How sweet. | 你真贴心 |
[08:51] | You know… | 其实 |
[08:53] | perhaps you could come out there with me. | 或许你可以跟我一起来 |
[08:56] | I mean, before the others? | 在其他人之前 |
[08:59] | You do know how to please me. | 你知道怎么取悦我 |
[09:02] | Are you able to drive? | 你能开车吗 |
[09:06] | I imagine I could learn. | 我想我可以学 |
[09:09] | Of course… | 当然了 |
[09:12] | when I have a-a normal suitor, | 如果有正常的爱慕者出现 |
[09:16] | you could simply pretend you are my chauffeur. | 你可以假装是我的司机 |
[09:18] | Which, of course, you would be. | 当然 你肯定会做我的司机 |
[09:20] | I’m flattered that you would even give me a passing thought. | 你能想到我 我万分荣幸 |
[09:25] | Go away now. | 你走吧 |
[09:28] | Oh, but before you do… | 不过在你走之前 |
[09:31] | bring me my… my cuddle, my darling. | 把我的娃娃拿过来 亲爱的 |
[09:53] | Sleep well, Miss Elsa. | 祝你好梦 艾莎小姐 |
[10:03] | Oh, Ma Petite. | 我的小可爱 |
[10:07] | Je t’aime plus que les autres. | 世界上我最爱你 |
[10:16] | You’ve pricked yourself climbing up the trellis, my poor thing. | 你爬栅栏的时候把自己刺伤了 小可怜 |
[10:20] | It’s worth it to have your hand on my face. | 能让你的双手拂过我的脸 这也值了 |
[10:28] | You smell so good. | 你真好闻 |
[10:29] | Venetian Romance. | 威尼斯浪漫 |
[10:30] | My favorite perfume. | 我最爱的香水 |
[10:38] | Don’t you want me, Paul? | 你不想要我吗 保罗 |
[10:40] | I want you more than you know. | 你不知道有多想 |
[10:43] | You’re the softest, sweetest thing. | 你是世上最温柔 最可人的甜心 |
[10:46] | Like the roses in my mum’s garden. | 你就像我母亲花园里的玫瑰 |
[10:48] | So why don’t we make love? | 那我们为什么不做爱呢 |
[10:49] | You didn’t have any trouble when there were lots of people watching. | 当初有那么多人看着 你都一点问题没有啊 |
[10:52] | It was different that night. | 那晚不一样 |
[10:55] | I’m in love with you now. | 我现在爱上你了 |
[10:58] | You make me feel like when I was young, | 你让我回到了年少岁月 |
[10:59] | before life stole my innocence. | 那时生活还没有偷走我的天真 |
[11:02] | Before we make love, I want you to know me, | 在我们做爱之前 我想让你了解我 |
[11:04] | as a man, | 我的为人 |
[11:05] | not just a lover. | 而不只是做个情人 |
[11:07] | I’ve got so much more to offer. | 我能给你的还有很多 |
[11:13] | Who are you talking to? | 你在跟谁说话 |
[11:14] | Why is this damn door locked? | 门为什么锁了 |
[11:22] | Because I was sick of living like a prisoner, | 因为我受够了像个囚犯一样 |
[11:24] | you barging in here any time you like, day or night. | 不管日夜 你想进来就进来 |
[11:27] | Heard you talking to someone. | 我听见你跟人说话了 |
[11:28] | I was listening to the radio. | 我是在听收音机 |
[11:29] | Don’t play the indignant card with me. | 别跟我玩这套 |
[11:34] | You about put your mother to the loony bin when you ran off. | 你跑掉的时候 你妈就差点进了疯人院 |
[11:37] | And now this last little stunt where you disappeared again. | 然后你前些日子又失踪了一次 |
[11:41] | Coming home, looking like something the cat dragged in. | 回家的时候狼狈不堪 |
[11:44] | That will not happen again while you are living under my roof! | 只要你还住在我家里 就不能再发生这种事 |
[11:47] | Okay, I’m not deaf. | 我又不是聋子 |
[11:51] | Can I go to sleep now? | 我现在可以睡觉了吗 |
[12:02] | I’m your pop. | 我是你爸 |
[12:06] | Just doing my job. | 我只是想尽职 |
[12:10] | Making sure my little girl is safe. | 确保我女儿的安全 |
[12:23] | Dear Diary, “happiness” is too small a word | 亲爱的日记 “幸福”这个词 |
[12:25] | to describe how I feel. | 已经不足以形容我的感受了 |
[12:27] | The shades of gray that was my world | 我曾经灰色的世界 |
[12:30] | has turned incandescent with color, | 如今变得五颜六色 |
[12:32] | so bright I can see them with my eyes closed. | 如此炫目 我闭上眼睛都仍能看见 |
[12:37] | The horizon appears unlimited to me now, | 前途似乎有无限可能 |
[12:40] | as if I was a bird in flight. | 我就像飞翔的鸟儿 |
[12:42] | Am I a fool, or has love opened my heart? | 是我太傻 还是爱情打开了我的心扉 |
[12:45] | Hello, ladies. | 女士们好 |
[12:47] | Look what I have for you. | 看看我给你们弄了什么 |
[12:49] | You must be famished. | 你们一定饿了 |
[12:51] | I didn’t know what you would wanted, | 我不知道你们想吃什么 |
[12:53] | so I had cook make one of… | 所以我让厨师给你们每样都做了 |
[12:58] | everything. | 一点 |
[12:59] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[13:01] | Caviar. | 鱼子酱 |
[13:03] | Beluga from Siberia. | 西伯利亚白鲟 |
[13:05] | I’ve heard of caviar. | 我听说过鱼子酱 |
[13:07] | – It’s outrageously expensive. – Bette. | -听说特别贵 -贝特 |
[13:10] | It’s slimy fish eggs. | 那是黏糊糊的鱼卵 |
[13:11] | So? | 那又怎样 |
[13:12] | Nothing is too good for my girls. | 我的姑娘们应该得到最好的 |
[13:18] | Have a taste. | 尝尝吧 |
[13:23] | Go ahead. | 吃吧 |
[13:32] | Heaven. | 真是人间美味 |
[13:34] | You can have it with every meal. | 你每餐都可以吃 |
[13:36] | Dot warned me about men and their sexual appetites, | 多特让我警惕男人的性欲 |
[13:39] | but her fears have proven unfounded. | 但她完全是杞人忧天 |
[13:41] | Dandy is a gentleman through and through. | 丹迪是个彻头彻尾的绅士 |
[13:48] | I’ve never felt this way before. | 我从未有过这样的感觉 |
[13:52] | When he is near, my heart races so rapidly | 他靠近的时候 我的心跳得好猛 |
[13:54] | I fear I will faint. | 简直要晕过去 |
[13:57] | Could it be that I’ve finally found the person I can’t live without? | 我终于找到了自己的真命天子吗 |
[14:03] | Dear Diary, | 亲爱的日记 |
[14:04] | what manner of servitude my sister and I | 我不知道我和妹妹究竟 |
[14:06] | have found ourselves in is not certain. | 沦为了怎样的奴隶 |
[14:10] | I trust you girls have everything you need. | 你们俩应该不缺什么了吧 |
[14:13] | I was hoping we could go back | 我想回去 |
[14:14] | and retrieve some personal items from our tent. | 拿一点私人物品 |
[14:17] | That won’t be necessary. | 没必要 |
[14:19] | You’ve seen the last of that horrid place. | 你们不用再回那个可怕的地方了 |
[14:22] | Make a list. | 列个清单 |
[14:23] | We’ll replace everything you had with something brand-new. | 我们会把那些东西都换成全新的 |
[14:27] | You can have anything you want, Dot. | 你想要什么都可以 多特 |
[14:30] | I’ll make sure of it. | 我保证 |
[14:32] | We haven’t been beaten, nor are we bound by chains. | 我们没有挨打 也没有被链子拴起来 |
[14:36] | I have to wonder though what dark intentions await. | 但不知他们究竟有怎样阴暗的目的 |
[14:42] | Here’s something in the news that might be of interest. | 这条新闻有点意思 |
[14:45] | They performed the first surgery separating siamese twins. | 第一例连体双胞胎分离手术 |
[14:50] | What does it say? | 新闻怎么说 |
[14:54] | “The 15-month-old Brodie twins | 15个月大的布罗迪双胞胎 |
[14:56] | “are in separate cots for the first time in their lives. | 有生以来第一次分别睡在自己的小床上 |
[14:59] | “A 12-hour, 40-minute operation | 手术历时12小时40分钟 |
[15:02] | “Severed the tissue, nerve cords | 切断了联结他们的组织 |
[15:04] | and blood vessels that joined them.” | 神经索和血管 |
[15:06] | Look. | 看看 |
[15:09] | Aren’t they cute? | 他们是不是很可爱 |
[15:10] | And suddenly it was clear why we were here. | 突然我明白了我们为何会在这里 |
[15:13] | They’re adorable. | 他们太可爱了 |
[15:14] | The lifetime it would take for me to save the money for the surgery? | 我本要花毕生心血才能攒到的手术费 |
[15:18] | Dandy had it at his fingertips. | 丹迪随手就能拿出 |
[15:26] | Dot? | 多特 |
[15:31] | It’s Dorothy. | 请叫我多乐茜 |
[15:33] | I go by my full name now that half of me is gone. | 没有了另一半后我开始用全名了 |
[15:37] | Yeah, I heard about the surgery. | 我听说了手术的事 |
[15:42] | I am so sorry for your loss. | 很遗憾你失去了她 |
[15:50] | I’m not. | 我不遗憾 |
[15:51] | Dale Carnegie said, | 戴尔·卡耐基说 |
[15:52] | “If you have a lemon, make a lemonade.” | 如果你有个柠檬 就做一杯柠檬水 |
[15:55] | With Dandy’s easy money, | 有了丹迪的财力 |
[15:56] | this gilded cage may finally set me free. | 这个华丽的牢笼或能终将给我自由 |
[16:18] | – Thank you. – Thank you. | -谢谢 -谢谢 |
[16:25] | Good day to you, sir. | 日安 先生 |
[16:27] | A bottle of lady’s perfume, if you please. | 请帮我拿一瓶女士香水 |
[16:29] | Venetian Romance, it’s called. | 叫威尼斯浪漫 |
[16:31] | – We’re out. – Really? | -卖完了 -真的吗 |
[16:33] | Well, what’s that there on the shelf behind you? | 那你身后的架子上放的是什么呢 |
[16:36] | That Venetian Romance. | 你说那个威尼斯浪漫啊 |
[16:39] | $1.10. | 1.10美元 |
[16:41] | Clerk! | 售货员 |
[16:42] | Clerk! | 售货员 |
[16:44] | I could find only one medium stiff-bristled | 我只找到了一把中等硬毛 |
[16:47] | faux bone-handled lady’s hairbrush. | 仿骨柄女士发梳 |
[16:49] | I require two. | 我要两把 |
[16:50] | Your selection is woefully lacking. | 你们的供货真不全 |
[16:52] | I could check around back. | 我可以去仓库找找 |
[16:53] | Do so at once. | 赶紧去 |
[16:58] | I know you. | 我认识你 |
[17:00] | You and your mum. | 你和你妈妈 |
[17:01] | You tried to buy out the house. | 你们来包过场 |
[17:03] | You’re part of that freak show. | 你是畸形秀的演员 |
[17:06] | Well, can’t say we were very impressed | 我们对演出的质量 |
[17:08] | with the quality of the presentation. | 可不怎么满意 |
[17:10] | We will not be returning. | 我们不会回去了 |
[17:12] | Seemed to me you liked it plenty at the time. | 你当时似乎挺喜欢的 |
[17:14] | You tried to buy the Tattler sisters, as I recall. | 我记得你想买下塔特勒姐妹 |
[17:16] | I’m sure I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[17:18] | Now please don’t speak to me any further. | 请别再和我说话了 |
[17:34] | Is this freak bothering you, sir? | 这个畸形人打扰到你了吗 先生 |
[17:36] | Yes, as a matter of fact, he is. | 是的 确实打扰到我了 |
[17:38] | He tried to pick my pockets. | 他想偷我的东西 |
[17:40] | That’s a laugh. | 真好笑 |
[17:41] | Get out. | 出去 |
[17:42] | We don’t sell to thieves. | 我们不卖东西给小偷 |
[17:44] | If I was a thief, I would have taken it, wouldn’t I? | 如果我是小偷 早就把这个拿走了 不是吗 |
[17:46] | Get out or I’ll call the cops. | 出去 不然我就报警了 |
[17:48] | Go ahead. I’ve got my rights. | 报警吧 我有合法权利 |
[17:50] | You’re not even American. | 你都不是美国人 |
[17:51] | I have the right to refuse service. | 我有权拒绝服务 |
[17:52] | And I’m refusing to serve you. | 我拒绝服务你 |
[17:55] | This place is overpriced anyway. | 反正这地方也是漫天要价 |
[18:00] | I’m going to take my business to Woolworth’s. | 我要去伍尔沃斯买 |
[18:04] | They’ve got ice cream. | 他们还有冰淇淋 |
[18:22] | Good show tonight. | 今晚的表演不错 |
[18:25] | Yeah. The gate was a little lighter than usual. | 是啊 大门比以往亮了一些 |
[18:27] | People were coming to see those twins. | 人们都是来看那对双胞胎的 |
[18:31] | Nothing we can do about that now. | 这我们无能为力了 |
[18:33] | It doesn’t bother you– the way they just wandered off? | 你一点不担心吗 她们就那么走了 |
[18:35] | I guess they were never really happy here. | 她们在这里大概从未真正开心过 |
[18:39] | I ran into that weirdo at the drugstore. | 我在药店遇到那个怪人了 |
[18:41] | You know, that rich kid | 那个有钱人家的小孩 |
[18:42] | who bought the house out a few weeks ago? | 几周前包场的那个 |
[18:45] | He was buying two of all these girly things. | 他买了一堆成双的女人东西 |
[18:48] | Makeup, brushes. | 化妆品 刷子 |
[18:50] | What are you saying? | 你想说什么 |
[18:51] | Well, think about it for a second. | 你仔细想一想 |
[18:53] | Elsa hated them from the minute they got here | 自她们一来 艾莎就恨她们 |
[18:55] | for taking her spotlight away. | 夺走了她的光环 |
[18:57] | They go, and she’s right back in it. | 如今她们走了 她又能重返舞台 |
[18:59] | That Hollywood guy wants her again. | 那个好莱坞的家伙也又想要她了 |
[19:01] | You shut your mouth! | 你闭嘴 |
[19:02] | Elsa has a dark heart, sure, | 艾莎是比较黑心 |
[19:04] | but she saved every one of us, including me, | 但是她救了这里每一个人 包括我 |
[19:06] | you, and Bette and Dot. | 你 贝特和多特 |
[19:09] | You know your problem? | 你知道你的问题在哪吗 |
[19:11] | You can pass. | 你还算正常 |
[19:12] | And when no one’s pretending, | 等大家都不再假装你是正常人时 |
[19:13] | all the bullshit and the noise just drops away. | 一切虚伪的掌声都会消失 |
[19:16] | From your position, Elsa looks like our guardian angel. | 在你看来 艾莎就像我们的守护天使 |
[19:19] | But from where I’m sitting, I see a jealous broad | 但在我看来 她是个心怀嫉妒的女人 |
[19:22] | near the end of the line who’d kill anyone or anything | 眼看就要走到尽头 为了最后的机会 |
[19:25] | that got in the way of her one last shot at it. | 她会铲除任何阻挡她的人或事 |
[19:33] | Oh, thank you, Dandy. | 谢谢你 丹迪 |
[19:37] | This is the perfect shade. | 这个腮红颜色太棒了 |
[19:42] | “Siamese twin, | 连体双胞胎 |
[19:43] | “separated, dies alone. | 分开后一人死去 |
[19:45] | “Roger Lee Brodie, the larger of the conjoined twins | 罗杰·李·布罗迪 连体双胞胎中稍大的一个 |
[19:48] | separated by a surgery hailed as a medical miracle, has died.” | 在经过所谓医学奇迹的分离手术后 死去了 |
[19:53] | But one survived. | 但另一个活了下来 |
[19:56] | Rodney is still alive. It’s a blessing. | 罗德尼还活着 真是上天庇佑 |
[19:59] | It’s an abomination. | 真令人憎恶 |
[20:01] | Science should never subvert the will of God. | 科学不该颠覆上帝的意愿 |
[20:04] | Is that what you think we are? | 你就这样看待我们两个吗 |
[20:07] | God’s will or God’s cruel joke? | 上帝的意愿还是残忍的笑话 |
[20:11] | What’s gotten into you? | 你是怎么了 |
[20:14] | We are what we are, | 我们天生如此 |
[20:16] | and no amount of wishful thinking is gonna change that. | 不管你怎么想 都无法改变这一事实 |
[20:21] | My arm, your leg. | 我们同手同脚 |
[20:24] | Where do you end and I begin? | 你我不分彼此 |
[20:27] | Don’t you realize by now | 你什么时候才能明白 |
[20:29] | that we are always going to share everything? | 我们永远会分享一切 |
[20:33] | My thoughts are my own, sister. | 我的思想属于我自己 妹妹 |
[20:35] | You like secrets, don’t you, Dot? | 你喜欢秘密 是吗 多特 |
[20:39] | I noticed your diary is always locked. | 我注意到你的日记总是上着锁 |
[20:41] | My diary is my sanctuary. | 我的日记是我的避难所 |
[20:45] | My one private place. | 是我唯一的隐私 |
[20:48] | And Bette and I have made a pact | 贝特和我达成了约定 |
[20:50] | never to read what the other has written. | 永远不看对方写的东西 |
[20:52] | We should have no confidences between us. | 我们之间不应该有秘密 |
[20:56] | Let’s make a deal. | 我们做笔交易 |
[20:58] | I’ll tell you a secret if you tell me one. | 我告诉你一个秘密 你也告诉我一个 |
[21:02] | I’ll start. | 我先开始 |
[21:05] | Remember the murders? | 记得那些凶杀案吗 |
[21:07] | The clown killer. | 那个小丑杀手 |
[21:08] | The abducted children. | 那些被诱拐的孩子 |
[21:10] | I was there. | 我也在场 |
[21:13] | I killed the clown. | 是我杀了那个小丑 |
[21:15] | I saved those kids. | 我救了那些孩子 |
[21:17] | No. | 不 |
[21:18] | The girl, too. | 那个女孩也是我救的 |
[21:19] | No, Jimmy would never lie about that. | 不 吉米不会撒这种谎 |
[21:20] | You’re the true hero. | 原来你才是真正的英雄 |
[21:22] | Lobster Boy was unconscious. | 龙虾男孩当时已经不省人事 |
[21:25] | Ask him yourself. | 你可以问他 |
[21:27] | I told you a secret; now you tell me yours. | 我的秘密说完了 该你们了 |
[21:29] | No. | 不 |
[21:33] | What do you mean, no? | 不是什么意思 |
[21:34] | I mean… no. | 不就是不 |
[21:36] | We had a deal. Tell me your secret. Now. | 我们说好了的 快说出你的秘密 |
[21:43] | You’re making me angry, Dot. | 你让我生气了 多特 |
[21:46] | What’s the matter with you? | 你有什么毛病 |
[21:48] | Tell him something. Anything. | 告诉他点什么吧 什么都行 |
[21:50] | He lied about Jimmy. | 吉米的事他撒谎了 |
[21:54] | I did not. | 我没有 |
[21:56] | I did not lie, you bitch! | 我没撒谎 你这个婊子 |
[21:59] | I don’t like this game anymore! | 我不喜欢这个游戏了 |
[22:02] | You’re not playing by the rules! | 你不守规则 |
[22:18] | Anybody see you come out here? | 有人看见你出来吗 |
[22:20] | No. Everyone’s either asleep | 没有 他们不是睡了 |
[22:22] | or drunk or in some drug-induced haze. | 就是醉了 或者吞云吐雾呢 |
[22:24] | So what’s the scoop? | 有什么爆料 |
[22:26] | – The twins are gone for sure. – Shit. | -双胞胎确实离开了 -该死 |
[22:28] | Nobody knows exactly where. | 谁也不知道她们去哪了 |
[22:29] | Elsa claims they left town. | 艾莎说她们离镇了 |
[22:31] | That’s bullshit. | 放屁 |
[22:33] | Twin girls don’t get a bus ticket out of town | 双胞胎不可能在没人注意的情况下 |
[22:34] | without somebody noticing. | 买到汽车票 |
[22:36] | Well, they’re not on the grounds. | 反正她们不在营地 |
[22:37] | Fine, so forget the twins, for now. But I need a payday. | 别管双胞胎了 我得拿到点钱 |
[22:40] | We got to have something we can transport– something easy. | 我们必须得弄到点什么 好运输的 |
[22:42] | I… | 我… |
[22:45] | Fresh catch of the day. | 今天新捕的哦 |
[22:47] | – Jimmy? – Yeah. Just the lobster claws. | -吉米吗 -对 他的龙虾手就行 |
[22:50] | Uh, you, what… you want to cut off his hands? | 什么 你想把他的手锯下来吗 |
[22:52] | Don’t be squeamish. We’re not gonna do it while he’s alive. | 不用反胃 我们又不会活活锯下他的手 |
[22:55] | Here. | 给 |
[22:58] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[22:58] | These are directions to the barn I’m renting. | 是去我租的仓库的路线图 |
[23:00] | You lure him out there. | 你把他引到那里去 |
[23:02] | You, uh, shake your pert little bottom, | 发挥你的诱人魅力 |
[23:04] | – and I’ll be waiting. – I can’t. | -我会在那里等着 -我不能这么干 |
[23:08] | Why not? | 为什么不行 |
[23:09] | – Because he’s leaving. – That’s perfect. | -因为他要走了 -那更好了 |
[23:11] | That way, nobody will ask any questions when he goes missing. | 这样他不见了也不会有人怀疑 |
[23:13] | Stanley, think about all the blood. | 斯坦利 想想会有多少血 |
[23:16] | I mean, there’d be so much to clean up, | 事后清理肯定很麻烦 |
[23:17] | we’d have to get rid of a body… | 我们还得把尸体处理掉 |
[23:18] | I mean, there’s just too many ways that could go south. | 太容易出岔子了 |
[23:20] | You got a better idea? | 你有更好的主意吗 |
[23:23] | I, uh… | 我… |
[23:27] | Actually, I do. | 我还真有 |
[23:28] | – You want something easy to transport? – Yeah. | -你想要容易运输的东西 -没错 |
[23:30] | I got just the thing. | 我有绝佳人选 |
[23:31] | And it won’t even fight back. | 她都不会反抗 |
[23:34] | You nice lady. | 你人真好 |
[23:39] | It’ll be quick, easy, and nothing for us to clean up. | 很快很轻松 而且事后不需要清理 |
[23:42] | Got some lungs on her for such a little thing. | 个子小小 嗓门可够大的 |
[23:44] | Let me out! | 放我出去 |
[23:45] | Help! Help! | 救命啊 |
[23:47] | Let me out! Help! | 放我出去 救命 |
[23:50] | Let me out! Help! | 放我出去 救命 |
[23:56] | Help, let me out! Help! | 救命 放我出去 |
[24:24] | We can shred some of her clothes, | 我们可以撕碎她的衣服 |
[24:26] | dump them in the bog. | 扔在沼泽地里 |
[24:27] | Everyone will think some animal got to her. | 大家会以为她是被动物袭击了 |
[24:31] | Boy… you are ruthless. | 天呐 你真无情 |
[24:35] | When I have to be. | 必要的时候当然无情 |
[24:44] | *For the days dwindle down* | *时光流逝* |
[24:49] | *To a precious few* | *所剩无几* |
[24:53] | *September* | *九月* |
[24:58] | *November* | *十一月* |
[25:03] | *And these few* | *只余下这些* |
[25:08] | *Precious days* | *不多的宝贵时光* |
[25:11] | *I’ll spend with you* | *我将与你共度* |
[25:16] | *These precious days* | *这宝贵的时光* |
[25:22] | *I’ll spend* | *与你* |
[25:25] | *With you* | *共度* |
[25:35] | A little culture for the TV viewers. | 给电视观众补补文化精粹吧 |
[25:39] | God knows they need it. | 他们就缺这个 |
[25:42] | Well… do you think they’ll like it? | 你觉得他们会喜欢吗 |
[25:46] | I think they’ll love it. | 一定会非常喜欢 |
[25:49] | Sleep well. | 晚安 |
[25:51] | Wait. You’re not staying? | 等等 你不留下来过夜吗 |
[25:56] | Um, well, I’m just a bit dodgy tonight. | 我今晚有点不适 |
[25:59] | I’ve got a lot on my mind. | 烦心事太多 |
[26:02] | I wouldn’t want to disappoint you. | 我怕不能”尽性” 让你失望 |
[26:04] | What have you got on your mind, lover boy, huh? | 你有什么烦心事呢 我的情人 |
[26:08] | Come over here. | 过来 |
[26:13] | Just a good night kiss. | 给我个晚安吻 |
[26:21] | You reek of Venetian Romance. | 你身上有威尼斯浪漫的臭味儿 |
[26:25] | I can’t imagine any of my monsters wearing perfume. | 我的小怪物们可不会喷香水 |
[26:29] | So tell me… | 老实跟我说… |
[26:33] | who are you screwing? | 你跟谁睡过了 |
[26:35] | I don’t believe, Mum, that’s any of your business. | 这与你无关 老妈 |
[26:40] | It’s all my business, you prick. | 当然跟我有关 你个混蛋 |
[26:45] | Who are you to talk to me like that? | 你算老几 敢用这种口气跟我说话 |
[26:47] | Who am I? | 我算老几 |
[26:48] | Who are you? That’s the real question. | 你又算什么 这才是真正的问题 |
[26:52] | You’re certainly not the Fairy Queen | 你一直想扮演精灵女王 |
[26:54] | you pretend to be… quite the opposite. | 其实不然 事实恰恰相反 |
[26:56] | It seems to me that | 在我看来 |
[26:57] | we’re all here to serve | 我们的存在只是为了伺候 |
[26:59] | your deceitful and demonic soul! | 你这奸诈狡猾的恶魔 |
[27:02] | Now, tell me… where are those twins? | 老实告诉我 双胞胎到底去哪了 |
[27:06] | The truth. Everyone’s talking. | 说真话 所有人都在议论纷纷 |
[27:08] | Everyone? | 所有人 |
[27:10] | Talking about what? | 都在议论什么呢 |
[27:11] | The general consensus | 大伙一致认为 |
[27:12] | is that you’ve done something nefarious with those girls! | 你对双胞胎做了穷凶恶极的事 |
[27:17] | Shise. Pure shise. | 荒谬 都是胡言乱语 |
[27:20] | Go wake them all up. | 把他们都叫起来 |
[27:22] | Wake them up! | 都叫起来 |
[27:29] | No! | 不 |
[27:30] | No, no, no, no, no! | 不不不 |
[27:36] | You ungrateful ingrates! | 你们这些忘恩负义的小人 |
[27:39] | I rescue you from the squalor of your miserable existences, | 我把你们 从苦难的生活中解救出来 |
[27:45] | and this is how you repay me? Huh? | 你们就这么报答我吗 |
[27:47] | With accusations, disgusting rumors! | 胡乱指控 散播谣言 |
[27:50] | Now, which one of you believes that I had anything to do | 你们哪个认为双胞胎的离开 |
[27:54] | with the disappearance of those girls? Huh? | 与我有关 |
[27:57] | Speak up! | 说出来啊 |
[27:58] | But you’re not shy about gossiping behind my back, are you? | 你们就敢在我背后肆意污蔑 |
[28:02] | Go ahead, say it! | 说啊 有胆现在就说 |
[28:03] | Say it to my face! | 当着我的面说 |
[28:05] | Toulouse, have you forgotten where I found you? Huh? | 图卢兹 你忘了我是在哪找到你的了吗 |
[28:09] | Shackled to that chain gang, | 戴着镣铐的苦役囚犯 |
[28:10] | chipping away at rocks with that pathetic baby pickaxe? Huh? | 用可怜的小镐一点一点地凿着石头 |
[28:15] | Have you forgotten | 你忘了是谁 |
[28:17] | who bribed the guard to let you out? Who?! | 贿赂了看守把你救了出来吗 |
[28:22] | Elsa, you got it all wrong. | 艾莎 你搞错了 |
[28:25] | You two. | 你们俩 |
[28:26] | Rotting away in that shit-smeared orphanage! | 你们本来要臭死在破孤儿院里 |
[28:32] | Even your sister didn’t want you anymore! | 连你的姐姐都不要你了 |
[28:35] | Your family sent you away! | 你家人把你送走 |
[28:38] | You’d still be lying there in that urine-soaked mattress, | 要不是我 你还躺在浸透尿的床垫上 |
[28:42] | starving, gnawing on rats | 挨饿 吃老鼠呢 |
[28:45] | if I hadn’t pulled you into the spotlight. | 多亏了我带你们来表演 |
[28:48] | Look at these. | 看看这些 |
[28:50] | Look at these! | 看看这些 |
[28:51] | Trinkets! | 这些小玩意儿 |
[28:54] | Shabbily made! | 破烂 |
[28:57] | Confectioneries! | 糖果 |
[28:59] | They’re all meaningless! | 都毫无意义 |
[29:01] | Meaningless! Meaningless! | 毫无意义 毫无意义 |
[29:05] | You should be ashamed. | 你们真该羞愧 |
[29:08] | After everything that I have done for you, huh? | 我为你们做了那么多 |
[29:10] | Everything that I have sacrificed for us. | 我为大家牺牲了那么多 |
[29:17] | For our family. | 为这个大家庭 |
[29:19] | And I still… have not won your trust. | 你们居然还是不信任我 |
[29:24] | Elsa, | 艾莎 |
[29:25] | calm down, please. | 冷静下来 |
[29:26] | Of course we trust you. | 我们当然信任你 |
[29:27] | Prove it to me! | 那证明给我看 |
[29:30] | How? | 怎么证明 |
[29:32] | T-Tell us… | 告诉我们 |
[29:35] | a way. | 怎么做 |
[29:36] | How can we convince you? | 我们要怎么说服你 |
[29:42] | The wheel! | 转盘 |
[29:45] | Nobody leaves here until one of you is strapped in | 你们中要有一个人 绑在上面 |
[29:49] | and proves to me | 向我证明 |
[29:51] | your unadulterated trust and loyalty. | 你们坚定的信任和忠诚 |
[29:55] | I will settle for nothing less. | 别的不行 |
[30:01] | I’ll do it. | 我来 |
[30:04] | No. Me. | 不 我来 |
[30:07] | It should be me. | 该由我来 |
[30:24] | Try not to miss. | 可别射偏了 |
[30:26] | I always miss, darling. | 我总会射偏 亲爱的 |
[30:28] | That’s the point. | 这才是重点 |
[30:39] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们 先生们 |
[30:40] | prepare yourselves for the most death-defying scene. | 你们将看到最惊险的赌命游戏 |
[30:45] | It takes but a split second | 只要一眨眼的功夫 |
[30:48] | for this knife to travel from my fingertips | 这把刀 就会飞出我的指尖 |
[30:51] | to the edge of the wheel. | 扎在转盘边沿 |
[30:53] | A split second… | 一眨眼的功夫 |
[30:55] | that separates life from death. | 却能决定生死 |
[30:58] | Spin the wheel, Eve. | 转转盘吧 艾薇 |
[31:14] | Now, you may think | 你们可能会想 |
[31:16] | that this man’s destiny rests in Miss Elsa’s hands. | 这人的命运掌握在艾莎小姐手中了 |
[31:21] | But fate | 但命运 |
[31:22] | is the true master of us all. | 才是我们每个人真正的主宰 |
[31:37] | And yet… | 但是 |
[31:40] | fate is not unkind. | 命运并不残酷 |
[31:43] | Reversal of fortune can be swift. | 命运的逆转 可能只在一瞬间 |
[31:47] | The pauper can be made king. | 乞丐也能当国王 |
[32:00] | Oh, no! | 不 |
[32:03] | Get him down! | 把他放下来 |
[32:04] | – Get him down! – Oh, my God! What have I done?! | -把他放下来 -天呐 我做了什么 |
[32:06] | No, no! It was an accident! | 不不 这是个意外 |
[32:09] | Oh, God. | 天呐 |
[32:14] | No, Evie, don’t! | 艾薇 别啊 |
[32:16] | We need a doctor. | 我们需要医生 |
[32:18] | – Call a doctor! – I’ll see to it. | -去叫医生 -我去叫 |
[32:19] | Take him to the caravan. | 带他进大篷车 |
[32:21] | Get him, get him. | 抱住他 |
[32:25] | Go, go, go. | 快走 |
[32:46] | Don’t take another step. | 别动 |
[32:47] | Jesus Christ, Daddy. | 天呐 爸爸 |
[32:50] | – A gun? – It’s 2:00 in the morning. | -你居然拿枪 -现在是凌晨2点 |
[32:51] | You could’ve been a goddamn intruder. | 你说不定是个闯入者呢 |
[32:53] | Go back to your room. | 回你屋去 |
[32:55] | Or what, you’ll shoot me? | 否则呢 你要开枪吗 |
[32:58] | Here’s the scoop, Dad. | 告诉你 爸爸 |
[33:00] | I’m in love, and I’m gonna go see him right now. | 我陷入爱河了 我要去见他 |
[33:04] | I’m gonna have a life that means something, | 我要过上有意义的人生 |
[33:06] | a life with some excitement, | 刺激兴奋的人生 |
[33:08] | a life that’s real. | 真实的人生 |
[33:10] | Not this goddamn middle-class hell. | 而不是这中产阶级的地狱生活 |
[33:13] | You’re not going anywhere! | 你哪都别想去 |
[33:16] | Are you gonna shoot me? | 你要开枪吗 |
[33:19] | Well, go on then. | 那就开枪吧 |
[33:21] | I’d rather die right here on this staircase | 我宁可死在这台阶上 |
[33:23] | than live in this house with you another minute. | 也不要再跟你一起住在这家里了 |
[34:13] | The moon is beautiful. | 月色好美 |
[34:15] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[34:16] | You are beautiful. | 你也好美 |
[34:18] | Quiet. | 别说话了 |
[34:20] | Where we go? | 我们去哪 |
[34:21] | There, that barn. That’s where your surprise is. | 那边 谷仓 给你的惊喜在那里 |
[34:23] | A pony? | 小马吗 |
[34:25] | I dream to ride a pony. | 我做梦都想骑小马 |
[34:33] | We’re gonna play a game. | 我们玩个游戏 |
[34:35] | I like games. | 我喜欢游戏 |
[34:40] | I’m gonna put you in this jar, okay? | 我要把你放进罐里 |
[34:42] | Like butterfly? | 像蝴蝶一样吗 |
[34:43] | Yeah. Like a butterfly. | 没错 像蝴蝶一样 |
[35:05] | Shit. | 该死 |
[35:27] | Penny… you came back. | 潘妮 你回来了 |
[35:30] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[35:32] | I… I’m looking for Paul. | 我找保罗 |
[35:36] | What’s going on? What happened? | 怎么了 怎么回事 |
[35:40] | How is the pain, liebchen? | 还疼吗 亲爱的 |
[35:45] | Oh, here. | 来 |
[35:46] | Here. Have some more. | 来 再吸点 |
[35:54] | You know, the irony of it, | 讽刺的是 |
[35:58] | I mean, after all the sturm und drang… | 虽然那么折腾了一番 |
[36:04] | …I don’t think that the spinning wheel act is right | 我觉得转盘表演还是不适合 |
[36:06] | for The Elsa Mars Hour. | 《艾莎·马尔斯秀》 |
[36:08] | I think it is too raw, too difficult for most viewers. | 太原始 对大部分观众来说太吓人了 |
[36:13] | Don’t you agree? | 你说呢 |
[36:17] | You never even called a doctor, did you? | 你根本没叫医生 是吗 |
[36:21] | Oh, how can you say that? | 你怎么能这么说呢 |
[36:22] | You know that’s not true. | 你知道不是那样的 |
[36:27] | But, you know… | 但是 |
[36:31] | …I would not shed a tear if you were to die. | 如果你死了 我都不会流泪 |
[36:35] | Not because you’re a freak, | 不是因为你是畸形 |
[36:40] | but because you betrayed me. | 而是因为你背叛了我 |
[36:42] | Oh, my God! | 天呐 |
[36:43] | I knew something had happened when you didn’t come! | 你没来我就知道你出事了 |
[36:46] | Speaking of cheap perfume. | 廉价香水扑面而来啊 |
[36:50] | – Oh, no. – I’m sorry… my love. | -不 -对不起 我的爱 |
[36:54] | Don’t speak. Just… just hold my hand. | 别说话 握着我的手 |
[36:58] | How long ago did you call for the ambulance? | 你叫救护车有多久了 |
[37:00] | What’s taking them so long? | 怎么还不来 |
[37:02] | Well… | 嗯 |
[37:03] | I don’t know. They don’t seem to be in any rush. | 不知道 他们似乎不怎么着急 |
[37:11] | Help! | 救命啊 |
[37:22] | Really, Ma? | 不是吧 妈妈 |
[37:23] | You’re making a cake? | 你还做蛋糕 |
[37:24] | Cake was made. | 蛋糕早就做好了 |
[37:26] | No point in leaving off the frosting. | 为什么不加上糖霜呢 |
[37:29] | Ma, Paul could die. | 保罗可能会丧命 |
[37:32] | I said a prayer for him. | 我会为他祈祷 |
[37:34] | Not much else I could do. | 别的我也做不了 |
[37:36] | What did the doctor say? | 医生怎么说的 |
[37:37] | – The doctor never came. – But Elsa said… | -医生根本没来 -但艾莎说… |
[37:39] | Elsa said a lot of things, like the twins ran away, | 艾莎说过很多话 比如双胞胎自己跑了 |
[37:42] | but I’m not so sure, and neither was Paul. | 但我有些怀疑 保罗也是 |
[37:44] | He tried to tell me, but I didn’t want to hear it. | 他想告诉我 但我却听不进去 |
[37:46] | If Elsa says, the twins ran off, | 如果艾莎说 双胞胎是跑了 |
[37:49] | then the twins ran off. | 那双胞胎就是跑了 |
[37:50] | That’s the end of the story. | 就是这样 |
[37:52] | Jimmy? | 吉米 |
[37:53] | Jimmy, you in there? | 吉米 你在吗 |
[37:55] | – Is it Paul? – No. It’s Ma Petite. | -保罗吗 -不 是小可爱 |
[37:57] | – Something’s happened to her. – What? | -她出事了 -什么 |
[37:59] | – What happened? – I don’t know. | -怎么回事 -我不知道 |
[38:01] | She wasn’t at breakfast this morning. | 她今早没来吃早饭 |
[38:02] | She never misses breakfast. I don’t know where she puts it. | 她从不错过早餐 我不知道她哪去了 |
[38:05] | I checked her trailer, but she’s not there. | 我去过她拖车 但她不在 |
[38:07] | All right, listen, don’t panic, all right? | 听我说 别慌 |
[38:09] | We’re just gonna round up everybody, okay? | 我们把大家都叫起来 |
[38:14] | Where you two been? | 你俩哪去了 |
[38:16] | We got up before sunrise and went hunting fireflies. | 我们日出前起来 去抓萤火虫了 |
[38:19] | Suzi made hotcakes. | 苏西做了烤饼 |
[38:21] | Hotcakes! | 好棒 |
[38:22] | You two coming? | 你俩来吗 |
[38:24] | – You guys go ahead. – Okay. | -你们先去吧 -嗯 |
[38:28] | Fireflies, huh? | 萤火虫 |
[38:30] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[38:32] | Though I think she’d prefer a pony. | 不过我想她会更想要小马 |
[38:34] | Who wouldn’t? | 谁都想要啊 |
[38:38] | Listen. | 听我说 |
[38:39] | Let’s run away together. | 我们一起逃走吧 |
[38:41] | – Jesus. – If-if we leave now, | -天呐 -如果我们现在离开 |
[38:43] | we can make it to Pensacola before dark. | 我们天黑之前就能赶到彭萨科拉 |
[38:45] | Or south to Miami, or even the Keys. | 或者往南 去迈阿密 甚至礁岛群 |
[38:49] | I don’t care where we go, so long as it’s together. | 不管去哪 我们在一起就行 |
[38:51] | Do you really mean it? | 你是真心的吗 |
[38:53] | Damn right I do. | 是的 |
[39:00] | Just one thing I have to do first. | 我得先去做一件事 |
[39:03] | What? | 什么事 |
[39:05] | Just have your bags packed. | 你去打行李等着我吧 |
[39:20] | This is the ticket I was gonna use to go to Philadelphia tonight. | 我今晚本打算用这张票去费城 |
[39:23] | Had plans to visit a certain museum. | 本想去拜访一家博物馆 |
[39:25] | In fact, I had called said museum, | 事实上 我还给那家博物馆打了 |
[39:28] | long distance, to tell them a package was arriving. | 长途电话 说会寄包裹过去 |
[39:31] | Wait, let me explain. I… | 让我解释 |
[39:32] | No, no, no. No. No, no, no. | 不不不 |
[39:34] | Let me explain to you. | 我来给你解释 |
[39:39] | If your corpse were half as valuable as Ma Petite, | 如果你的尸体有小可爱一半值钱 |
[39:43] | you’d be soaking in formaldehyde right now. | 你现在肯定已经泡在甲醛里了 |
[39:45] | Luckily for you, your dead body isn’t worth anything. | 幸好 你的尸体一文不值 |
[39:49] | The twins are still missing. | 双胞胎还下落不明 |
[39:51] | All the freaks are on high alert. | 那些畸形都十分警惕 |
[39:52] | I can’t just walk out of camp with her. | 我不能直接抱着她离开营地 |
[39:54] | No more excuses. I’m turning this in, | 别再找借口了 我要退掉这个 |
[39:56] | the cost of which will be deducted from your share, | 然后从你的分红里扣钱 |
[39:58] | for the next train to Philadelphia. | 买下一班去费城的车票 |
[39:59] | And we’re going back to my plan. | 我们按我的计划来 |
[40:01] | Which is what? | 什么计划 |
[40:03] | Get Jimmy to the shed. | 把吉米骗去小屋 |
[40:07] | I’m bringing those lobster claws to the museum. | 我要把他的龙虾手带去博物馆 |
[40:37] | Dandy, I brought you snackies! | 丹迪 我给你拿小食来了 |
[40:39] | Go away! | 走开 |
[40:40] | I have RC Cola, too! | 还有皇冠可乐呢 |
[40:43] | Darling, why are you crying? | 亲爱的 你哭什么 |
[40:48] | Don’t fret. | 别担心 |
[40:50] | I sent the twins on a constitutional | 我让双胞胎 |
[40:52] | across the grounds to get some fresh air. | 去散步 透气了 |
[40:54] | They’ll be back in half an hour. | 她们半小时就会回来 |
[41:00] | Is this what has made you so upset? | 你就是在为这个伤心吗 |
[41:04] | It’s Dot’s. | 是多特的日记 |
[41:07] | Read it. | 你读 |
[41:10] | Read it out loud. | 读出来 |
[41:13] | I want to hear it out loud so I know it’s real. | 我要听到 那样就会确信无疑了 |
[41:16] | “Wednesday. Oh, my God, | 周三 天呐 |
[41:19] | “When can we get out of this dreadful place? | 我们什么时候能离开这可怕的地方 |
[41:22] | “The house is a palace, | 这房子如宫殿般华丽 |
[41:23] | but that man-boy, yuck. | 可那个幼稚的男人 真恶心 |
[41:27] | “I’ve begun to associate the taste of caviar | 我尝到了鱼子酱的滋味 |
[41:30] | “With the pain of listening to him drone on and on | 但同时要痛苦地听他絮絮叨叨地 |
[41:33] | “About the most boring subjects. | 说些无聊的话题 |
[41:36] | “And I lived my life a shut-in for 30 years, | 我30年来一直闭门不出 |
[41:38] | “So boring me is not easy to do. | 让我觉得无聊可很有难度 |
[41:42] | “I suppose I must continue to tolerate him | 但我得继续忍受他 |
[41:46] | in order to keep collecting enough money for the surgery. | 好攒够做手术的钱 |
[41:50] | “He gives me a ten dollar bill | 每次他讲了冷笑话 |
[41:52] | “Every time I laugh at one of his terrible jokes. | 我一笑 他就会给我10块钱 |
[41:55] | “I’d rather die than kiss him. | 我宁可死也不想亲他 |
[41:58] | “Oh, well, | 不过 |
[41:59] | “At least the good news about the Brodie Twins lifts my spirits. | 至少布罗迪双胞胎的好消息让很我开心 |
[42:03] | Shame about the dead one.” | 那个死掉的真是可惜 |
[42:07] | Oh, darling. | 亲爱的 |
[42:13] | The other one still adores you, doesn’t she? | 但另一个还是爱你的 不是吗 |
[42:16] | I know. | 我知道了 |
[42:17] | Let’s give the one who likes you one of my fox stoles | 我们给喜欢你的那个一条我的狐狸披肩 |
[42:19] | or a tennis bracelet. | 或者网球手链 |
[42:21] | The other one will be green with envy | 让另一个嫉妒 |
[42:22] | and be practically begging for your affection in no time at all. | 她很快就会乞求你怜爱她了 |
[42:27] | I don’t want to buy love! | 我不想买爱情 |
[42:32] | I wish you could be inside my body | 我真希望你能做 |
[42:34] | for one minute to know what it feels like to be me! | 哪怕一分钟的我 了解我的感受 |
[42:38] | It’s like when I had tuberculosis, | 就像我得了肺结核的那次 |
[42:41] | and you took me out to the Utah desert, | 你带我去犹他州沙漠里 |
[42:44] | and there was nothing but dry open space | 我们周围几百英里内 |
[42:47] | for hundreds of miles around us. | 就只有开阔的荒漠 |
[42:50] | That is what is inside of me. | 我心里就是一片荒漠 |
[42:52] | Those girls were a cool stream of glacier water. | 那对女孩就像清凉的冰水 |
[42:58] | My heart bloomed as they nourished it. | 她们滋润我的心 让我绽放 |
[43:04] | And now it’s all gone. | 现在这都没了 |
[43:07] | There is nothing left but the dust | 我心里只剩下尘埃 |
[43:10] | and the scorpions inside of me. | 和蝎子 |
[43:16] | I was never destined to feel love. | 我注定感受不到爱 |
[43:30] | The desert knows no mercy. | 荒漠是无情的 |
[43:36] | Anything you try to plant out there dies. | 你想在荒漠上种植的东西只会枯死 |
[43:42] | I must accept this emptiness | 我得接受这份空虚 |
[43:46] | as a blessing, not a curse. | 既是福祉 也是诅咒 |
[43:57] | I know why I was put here, Mother. | 我知道我来到人世间的目的 母亲 |
[44:02] | My purpose is to bring death. | 我的使命 是带来死亡 |
[44:53] | Can I help you? | 有什么事吗 |
[44:55] | I’m here to see your son. I’m a friend of his. | 我来见你儿子 我是他朋友 |
[44:57] | My son has no friends. | 我儿子没有朋友 |
[45:00] | Hey, it’s Jimmy from the freak show. | 我是畸形秀的吉米 |
[45:02] | Remember me? | 记得吗 |
[45:04] | Let him in, Mother. | 让他进来 母亲 |
[45:07] | He’s here for the girls. | 他是为双胞胎来的 |
[45:32] | Bad luck for the birthday girl not to have a hunk of her own cake. | 寿星不吃自己的蛋糕可不吉利 |
[45:40] | And the rest? | 其他人呢 |
[45:41] | They’re with Paul. | 去陪保罗了 |
[45:43] | I think they just don’t feel like celebrating right now. | 我想他们现在不怎么想庆祝 |
[45:47] | Of course not. | 当然了 |
[45:48] | A family must come together when tragedy strikes. | 悲剧到来时 一家人应该团结一心 |
[45:52] | And we are the only family most of us have ever known. | 对我们大部分人 这就是我们唯一的家 |
[46:04] | I had a sister once. | 我本来有个姐姐 |
[46:11] | She was born two years before me, | 她大我两岁 |
[46:15] | but she died as an infant. | 但夭折了 |
[46:18] | I don’t think my parents ever recovered. | 我觉得我父母一直没从打击中恢复过来 |
[46:23] | I think I was meant to heal their pain, but… | 我想我本该治愈他们的心伤 |
[46:30] | …I just reminded them | 但我只是提醒了他们 |
[46:33] | of what was lost. | 他们失去了什么 |
[46:37] | I had to create a family. | 我只能创造一个家庭出来 |
[46:42] | Everyone here– | 这里的每个人 |
[46:44] | they are all my babies. | 都是我的孩子 |
[46:47] | My special ones. | 我的心肝 |
[46:53] | I love them all. | 我爱他们每个人 |
[46:57] | But you… | 但你 |
[47:05] | You are the sister… | 你就是那个 |
[47:11] | …I never met. | 我没能结识的姐姐 |
[47:17] | That’s why I saved you | 所以我拯救了你 |
[47:20] | from that hell you were in. | 带你离开水深火热的生活 |
[47:23] | Why don’t they know my heart? | 他们为什么不懂我的心 |
[47:30] | You got one in the belly. | 你射中了保罗 |
[47:34] | Between that and the twins disappearing, | 再加上双胞胎的失踪 |
[47:37] | faith and loyalty | 信念和忠诚 |
[47:39] | only take people so far. | 也是有限的 |
[48:02] | I’ll tell you one thing. | 我告诉你 |
[48:06] | If I ever find out you were lying | 如果我发现你撒了谎 |
[48:09] | and did wrong by those girls, | 委屈了双胞胎 |
[48:13] | I’ll kill you with my own two hands. | 我会亲手杀了你 |
[48:22] | Now… make a wish. | 许愿吧 |
[48:30] | I just want to be loved. | 我只想有人爱我 |