时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:12] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们先生们 |
[00:13] | welcome to the American Morbidity Museum’s | 欢迎来到美国畸形博物馆的 |
[00:17] | Night of Discovery. | 发现之夜 |
[00:20] | It is your insatiable curiosity, | 是你们无尽的好奇 |
[00:22] | your unquenchable quest for knowledge, | 无法满足的求知欲 |
[00:26] | and of course your generous donations | 和慷慨的捐赠 |
[00:30] | that have made this evening possible. | 让这个夜晚得以实现 |
[00:32] | All of you. | 感谢大家 |
[00:33] | But I want to acknowledge one person in particular | 但我想特别感谢一个人 |
[00:36] | without whom none of us would be here tonight. | 没有他 我们今晚都不会在这里 |
[00:41] | Mr. James Martone. | 詹姆斯·马顿先生 |
[00:46] | Mr. Martone… | 马顿先生… |
[00:48] | Did you think for a split second she was gonna call your name? | 你真有那么一秒以为她要叫你的名字吗 |
[00:53] | Why not? | 有何不可 |
[00:55] | I certainly deserve it. | 她应该感谢我 |
[00:56] | Without me, there wouldn’t be a gala exhibition. | 没有我 哪里来的这场展览 |
[00:59] | But you and I, we toil in the dark, | 可是你和我 我们在黑暗中跋涉 |
[01:02] | unrecognized, unappreciated. | 不被承认 不被欣赏 |
[01:05] | But well paid. | 但拿钱多 |
[01:07] | By presenting an exhibit | 为大家呈上 |
[01:09] | of exquisite human anomalies. | 精致的畸形人展览 |
[01:13] | We call it | 我们称之为 |
[01:14] | “modern mutations.” | “现代畸形” |
[01:23] | Phocomelia. | 海豹肢症 |
[01:28] | In layman’s terms, | 通俗地说 |
[01:29] | the illustrated seal boy. | 就是纹身海豹人 |
[01:32] | That’s a real nice fantasy, | 听起来很不错 |
[01:33] | but where are you gonna get the tanks? | 但你要去哪里弄水箱 |
[01:35] | I already got one lined up from a bankrupt aquarium in Wichita. | 我已经跟威奇塔一家破产的水族馆联系好了 |
[01:39] | I put a deposit on a barn outside of town, | 我还租了镇外的一个谷仓 |
[01:43] | so we’ll store the bodies and the tanks until the time comes. | 我们可以先把尸体和水箱放在那儿 |
[01:45] | But I told you, I’m not gonna be involved with murder. | 但我跟你说过了 我不会参与杀人 |
[01:47] | Oh, no, no. Accidents happen all the time. | 不用担心 意外时有发生 |
[01:50] | People run away from the circus, right? | 常有人逃离马戏团 不是吗 |
[01:52] | No questions asked. | 没人会问起 |
[01:54] | The key is preserving the specimens, | 重点在于怎么防腐 |
[01:56] | keeping up appearances. | 让尸体保持原样 |
[01:58] | So these freaks are gonna be beautiful corpses? | 你要把这些畸形人变成美丽的尸体 |
[02:00] | How? | 怎么做 |
[02:01] | Poison? Suffocation? Drowning? | 下毒 闷死 还是淹死 |
[02:03] | Yeah. All great ideas. | 这些主意都不错 |
[02:05] | That’s why I got to keep Elsa on the hook. | 所以我得钩住艾莎 |
[02:08] | I have to have access and the time to finesse it. | 我得有足够的时间和机会去实现我的计划 |
[02:11] | And I need you on the inside to help me. | 我需要你做里应 |
[02:15] | What’s the matter, you going soft? | 怎么了 下不了手吗 |
[02:17] | No. | 才不是 |
[02:21] | You need to put a little lead in your loafers, cupcake. | 你得小心一点 亲爱的 |
[02:23] | The only thing people in Jupiter hate more than freaks are poofs. | 比畸形人更让朱庇特讨厌的 就是同性恋 |
[02:28] | Get rid of the magazines, Stanley. | 把杂志扔掉 斯坦利 |
[02:33] | Done. | 行了 |
[02:35] | Does that mean you’re in? | 那你是同意喽 |
[02:37] | I’m in. | 是的 |
[02:39] | But since I have to live with them, | 但鉴于我要和他们住一起 |
[02:41] | I want an additional five percent. | 分红多算我5% |
[02:44] | That’s my girl. | 这才像话 |
[02:46] | Always eyes on the prize. | 眼睛永远盯着钱 |
[02:51] | Fraulein Elsa’s Cabinet of Curiosities | 艾莎小姐的奇珍异品收藏 |
[02:55] | is about to have a terrible run of bad luck. | 要倒大霉了 |
[04:11] | Dora! | 朵拉 |
[04:13] | It’s quarter past 7:00! | 已经7点15了 |
[04:16] | I don’t hear the percolator on. | 咖啡怎么还没煮好 |
[04:28] | Dandy! | 丹迪 |
[04:29] | Mother! | 母亲 |
[04:30] | – Dandy! – Mother! | -丹迪 -母亲 |
[04:33] | Mother! | 母亲 |
[04:36] | Someone’s broken into our home and murdered Dora. | 有人闯进了我们家杀害了朵拉 |
[04:38] | Oh, God, Dandy, what have you done?! Oh, God! | 天哪 丹迪 你都做了些什么 |
[04:41] | – I’m sorry! – She’s a mother! | -很抱歉 -她对你就像母亲一样 |
[04:44] | She was saying awful things to me! | 她对我恶言相向 |
[04:45] | Just like everything else in your life, | 你总是这样 |
[04:47] | – I’m the one who has to clean it up. – I’ll help! | -最后让我替你收拾残局 -我会帮忙的 |
[04:51] | We can dig a hole in the backyard by the potagerie. | 我们可以在后院菜园旁挖一个坑 |
[04:53] | Go to your room and stay there! | 去你房间里待着 |
[04:56] | And I don’t want to see your face for the rest of the day! | 我今天都不想再看见你 |
[05:19] | Miss Mars? | 马尔斯小姐 |
[05:22] | You are late, Mr. Spencer. | 你迟到了 斯宾瑟先生 |
[05:27] | My sincere apologies. | 请接受我最诚挚的歉意 |
[05:28] | I was lost in the maze of tents. | 我在帐篷间迷路了 |
[05:31] | What an extraordinary place, a marvel. | 这地方太神奇了 |
[05:34] | And… | 而 |
[05:35] | the most marvelous is you here | 最神奇的是你 |
[05:39] | in the flesh. | 本人 |
[05:41] | It’s a full house tonight, you know. | 今晚座无虚席 |
[05:45] | Schnapps? | 杜松子酒 |
[05:47] | And please, get to the point. | 麻烦你有话直说 |
[05:50] | The show can’t go on without its star. | 没有明星 演出无法进行 |
[05:54] | As you know, I’m here from the land of dreams– | 如你所知 我是来自梦想之国 |
[05:58] | Hollywood, California. | 加州 好莱坞 |
[06:02] | And who do you work for? | 你是哪家公司的 |
[06:04] | Is it MGM? | 米高梅吗 |
[06:06] | No. | 不是 |
[06:07] | RKO? | 雷电华 |
[06:10] | I work for the biggest network in television, | 我效力于最大的广播电视网 |
[06:13] | WBN– the Worldwide Broadcasting Network. | 全球广播网络公司 |
[06:17] | As I’m sure you’re aware, being a woman of the world, | 我相信 你这样见过世面的女人一定知道 |
[06:21] | TV is the new thing. | 电视是新时尚 |
[06:25] | I would rather be boiled in oil than… be on television. | 我宁愿下油锅 也不愿意上电视 |
[06:32] | You know, over 40% of this country’s population | 要知道 本国超过四成的人口 |
[06:35] | owns a television set, Miss Mars. | 都拥有电视机 马尔斯小姐 |
[06:38] | TV is the future. | 电视才是未来 |
[06:40] | Squeezing the beauty and glamour of the silver screen | 把银幕上的美貌和魅力 |
[06:43] | into that little black and white box– | 都挤在一个小黑白盒子里 |
[06:46] | this is the future, Mr. Spencer? | 这就是未来吗 斯宾瑟先生 |
[06:49] | I find it very depressing. | 这可真令人失望 |
[06:53] | But, Miss Mars, imagine yourself | 马尔斯小姐 想象一下 |
[06:57] | in everyone’s living room at the exact same moment. | 每天固定时段 你都会出现在全国的客厅里 |
[07:00] | Everyone in America listening to you sing and entertain them. | 全美上下都会听你歌唱并为之陶醉 |
[07:04] | Your name on the tip of everyone’s tongue. | 你的大名会传遍大街小巷 |
[07:07] | My name alongside some of type of, | 我的名字和什么速溶咖啡 |
[07:11] | instant coffee or shampoo? | 或洗发水摆在一起吗 |
[07:14] | No. | 才不要 |
[07:18] | I know for a fact | 我可以肯定的是 |
[07:19] | motion pictures will never be replaced by your TV, no. | 电影是绝不会被你们的电视所取代的 |
[07:25] | Motion pictures | 电影 |
[07:28] | are the expression of our souls, | 表达我们的灵魂 |
[07:31] | our inner dreams and fantasies. | 愿望和幻想 |
[07:35] | So let me get this straight. | 你是说 |
[07:37] | You’d rather perform in front of a tent full of rednecks | 你宁愿在破帐篷里为农夫和管道工表演 |
[07:40] | and forego indoor plumbing than star in The Elsa Mars Hour. | 也不愿意主演《艾莎·马尔斯秀》吗 |
[07:44] | I would never participate in what I consider to be | 我永远不会去参与我眼中的 |
[07:49] | the death… of art and civilization. | 艺术和文明的灭亡 |
[07:57] | Not everyone wants the same thing. | 人各有所求 |
[07:59] | I look forward to seeing your act. | 我很期待观看你的表演 |
[08:02] | I’m sure it’s gonna slay me. | 我一定会为之倾倒 |
[08:08] | That’s right, folks. | 没错 朋友们 |
[08:09] | For as long as I can remember, | 我有记忆以来 |
[08:11] | I’ve been known as Lobster Boy. | 就一直被称为龙虾男孩 |
[08:14] | Known as Lobster Boy. | 被称为龙虾男孩 |
[08:17] | For as long as I can remember, I’ve been known as Lobster Boy– | 我有记忆以来 就一直被称为龙虾男孩 |
[08:20] | Son of Neptune, God of the Sea. | 海中之神的儿子 |
[08:22] | But my pincers don’t hold me back. | 但我的钳子并没有拖我的后腿 |
[08:24] | Watch me juggle. | 请看我的杂耍表演 |
[08:28] | You still rehearse? | 你还在排练吗 |
[08:32] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[08:34] | After all these years, I still get stage fright. | 都这么多年了 我还是会怯场 |
[08:36] | We haven’t had a full house in as long as I can remember. | 我都不记得我们有满场的时候 |
[08:39] | Well, that’s because of you. | 都是你的功劳 |
[08:40] | You’re a local hero. | 你是本地英雄 |
[08:43] | Right now, I want to throw up. | 现在 我紧张得想吐 |
[08:46] | I can take your mind off it. | 我可以帮你转移注意力 |
[08:49] | Let me read your palm. | 让我帮你看下手相 |
[08:51] | I’ll tell you your future. | 我可以读出你的未来 |
[08:55] | No, thanks. | 不了 谢谢 |
[08:58] | Do you want to know what I think? | 你知道我怎么想吗 |
[09:00] | You’re scared of what I might say, so you’re chickening out. | 你害怕我会说出什么 所以不敢让我看 |
[09:04] | Come on, give me your hand, stupid. | 来吧 让我看看你的手 傻瓜 |
[09:06] | You got nothing to lose. | 这有什么的 |
[09:15] | There’s a shadow here. | 这里有个影子 |
[09:18] | A shadow of a man. | 一个男人的影子 |
[09:20] | He’s coming soon. | 他就要来了 |
[09:22] | He’ll tell you things, make you promises. | 他会对你说一些话 做出承诺 |
[09:25] | He’s a liar. | 他是个骗子 |
[09:26] | Stay away from him. | 离他远一点 |
[09:29] | You see all that in my hand? | 从我手中能看到这么多吗 |
[09:33] | You need to leave | 你得离开 |
[09:34] | as soon as possible; go north. | 越快越好 往北走 |
[09:37] | Maybe New York. | 也许去纽约 |
[09:38] | Big Apple, huh? | 纽约市 |
[09:39] | Go now. | 现在就离开 |
[09:41] | What’s stopping you? | 你为什么不走 |
[09:42] | You’re smart, you’re good-looking. | 你那么聪明 又帅气 |
[09:45] | You could do anything you want. | 你想做什么都可以 |
[09:54] | Anything except that, I guess. | 看来除了那个 |
[09:57] | Your future’s bright. | 你的前途一片光明 |
[10:00] | I’m just not in it. | 只是里面没有我的份 |
[10:04] | Save it for the paying customers. | 把这话留给客人吧 |
[10:08] | I was an idiot to think I had a chance with a girl like you. | 我居然会觉得自己跟你有戏 真傻透了 |
[10:27] | Anybody seen Dell? | 有人看见戴尔了吗 |
[10:29] | Full house, | 今晚满座 |
[10:29] | and the damn barker’s nowhere to be found. | 这招呼客人的居然敢玩失踪 |
[10:32] | I’ll look for him. | 我去找他 |
[10:33] | No, I need you to get the Pinheads ready for the opener. | 不行 你得让小头人准备开场 |
[10:36] | Jimmy, you go. | 吉米你去吧 |
[10:38] | No good son of a bitch probably passed out drunk in his caravan. | 这挨千刀的混账 肯定是醉倒在篷车里呢 |
[10:47] | Thank you, my good man. | 谢谢 我的朋友 |
[10:55] | Dell, open up! | 戴尔 开门 |
[10:57] | Come on, Dell! We don’t have time for your shit! | 开门 戴尔 没空让你胡闹 |
[10:59] | Let’s go! | 快点 |
[11:01] | Open up! | 开门 |
[11:06] | He ain’t here, Jimmy. | 他不在 吉米 |
[11:07] | Well, where is he? When’s he coming back? | 他去哪了 什么时候回来 |
[11:10] | Who the hell knows? | 天知道 |
[11:13] | Shit. | 该死的 |
[11:16] | Come on, get your stuff. | 赶紧收拾好了上台了 |
[11:17] | I ain’t in the mood, Jimmy. | 我没心情 吉米 |
[11:19] | On account of that asshole? | 就因为那混蛋吗 |
[11:23] | Look, I know you all think he ain’t nothing but a bully and a thug, | 我知道你们都觉得他不过是个恶霸 暴徒 |
[11:29] | but you don’t know him like I do. | 但你们不如我了解他 |
[11:31] | Yeah, he’s a regular Boy Scout. | 是啊 他是个正直的好市民 |
[11:32] | I ain’t trying to make no apologies for him. | 我不是想要替他道歉 |
[11:36] | It’s just, we had a good life for a while. | 只是说 我们有过快乐的日子 |
[11:41] | I’d always been a freak, | 我一直都是个畸形人 |
[11:43] | but he made me proud of who I was. | 但他让我为自己而骄傲 |
[11:48] | ‘Cause when he’d trot me out there, | 他带我出去表演的时候 |
[11:51] | we were a team. | 我们是最佳组合 |
[11:53] | I’d drop my cloak, and the crowd would gasp. | 我一脱下斗篷 就会博得满场的喝彩 |
[12:01] | Oh, and I never felt more alive in my life. | 我从未觉得生活如此鲜活 |
[12:05] | Now all I feel is nothing. | 现在只剩一片麻木 |
[12:09] | Empty. | 空虚 |
[12:11] | Maybe he don’t want to be on my team anymore. | 也许他不想再当我的搭档了 |
[12:32] | What are you still doing here? | 你还在这儿干嘛 |
[12:35] | The whole town’s come out to see you. | 整个镇子的人都来看你了 |
[12:37] | Go on, now. | 赶紧去吧 |
[12:40] | I didn’t do anything. | 我什么也没干 |
[12:44] | You want to know who was brave? | 你知道谁真勇敢吗 |
[12:47] | Meep. | 米普 |
[12:50] | Sometimes life is just a bleak pool of despair, | 有时生活有如绝望深渊 |
[12:53] | and there ain’t nothing you can do about it. | 你也无能为力 |
[12:55] | What do you know about it? | 你又知道些什么 |
[12:56] | You ever kill somebody? | 你杀过人吗 |
[13:00] | I let my pride and my anger get the best of me. | 我让我的骄傲和愤怒冲昏了头脑 |
[13:06] | And now Meep’s dead because of me. | 现在米普因我而死 |
[13:09] | And there ain’t nothing I can do to ever wipe that off my slate. | 如今我再无法把这事抹去 |
[13:14] | I wish I could take it back. | 我真希望能重头再来 |
[13:19] | I didn’t mean it. | 我不是故意的 |
[13:21] | I’m sorry, Meep. | 我很抱歉 米普 |
[13:23] | It should have been me. | 死的本该是我 |
[13:25] | Oh… oh, hush, now. | 别哭了 |
[13:26] | It should have been me. | 死的本该是我 |
[13:29] | I wasn’t there to protect you. | 抱歉我没能保护你 |
[13:31] | Come on, come on, come on. | 来 听我说 |
[13:33] | You’re one of the good guys, Jimmy. Huh? | 你是个好人 吉米 |
[13:36] | You’re good. | 你是个好人 |
[13:39] | Uh, no… | 不行… |
[13:56] | Make me feel something, Jimmy. | 让我重新感受激情吧 吉米 |
[14:00] | I want to feel… something again. | 我想再次感受那种激情 |
[14:10] | Stop! Stop, stop, stop! | 停下 停下 停下 |
[14:12] | Stop, stop, stop! | 停下 停下 停下 |
[14:14] | Shit! | 糟了 |
[14:18] | Help! | 救命 |
[14:18] | Help me! She needs a doctor! | 救命 她需要医生 |
[14:23] | Oh, my God, she’s bleeding. | 天呐 她在大出血 |
[14:25] | Blood! Blood! Blood! | 好多血 好多血 |
[14:27] | We need a car. | 我们需要一辆车 |
[14:28] | I got to get her to a hospital! | 我得把她送到医院去 |
[14:29] | All of you, in your places now! | 你们赶紧各就位去 |
[14:31] | Where’s Dell? | 戴尔哪去了 |
[14:32] | He’s not here. | 他不见了 |
[14:33] | Go and get up on that stage. | 赶紧给我上台去 |
[14:34] | Folks are here to see ya. | 大伙儿都是来看你的 |
[14:35] | I’ll handle this. | 这事我来处理 |
[14:44] | Salty and Pepper, ladies and gents! | 女士们先生们 掌声送给肖蒂和佩珀 |
[14:49] | And now… | 接下来 |
[14:51] | for the grand lady herself… | 有请巨星登台 |
[14:52] | welcome to the stage Fraulein Elsa Mars! | 掌声欢迎艾莎·马尔斯小姐 |
[15:03] | *It’s a god-awful small affair* | *在灰发女孩看来* |
[15:07] | *To the girl with the mousy hair* | *这不过是件小事* |
[15:11] | *But her mommy is yelling, “No!”* | *可她妈妈却不许* |
[15:15] | *And her daddy has told her to go* | *爸爸也对她不理不睬* |
[15:19] | *But her friend is nowhere to be seen* | *朋友也不见踪影* |
[15:23] | *Now she walks through her sunken dream* | *如今她梦想已经沉沦* |
[15:27] | *To the seat with the clearest view* | *她坐在最好的座位上* |
[15:31] | *And she’s hooked to the silver screen* | *被大银幕迷住了* |
[15:35] | *But the film is a saddening bore* | *可故事却无聊得很* |
[15:39] | *For she’s lived it ten times or more* | *因为这故事她已经历过无数次* |
[15:43] | *She could spit in the eyes of fools* | *她可以唾弃那些蠢货* |
[15:47] | *As they ask her to focus on* | *他们居然叫她看* |
[16:42] | Knock, knock. | 有人吗 |
[16:43] | You wanted to see me? | 你想见我 |
[16:47] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[16:50] | Tell me more about this… | 再跟我说说 |
[16:52] | television. | 那电视的事 |
[17:05] | What? | 怎么 |
[17:06] | All of a sudden now you’re modest? | 你还突然害羞起来了 |
[17:07] | Well, I ain’t never been to no doctor before. | 我从来没看过医生 |
[17:11] | Just get up on the table. | 快躺在桌子上 |
[17:12] | You ready for me? | 准备好了吗 |
[17:16] | Yeah, uh, she’s ready. | 是的 她准备好了 |
[17:26] | Wait. Wait. | 等等 |
[17:27] | You’re leaving? | 你要走了吗 |
[17:30] | No. I can stay if you like. | 不 你要是想的话我可以留下来 |
[17:34] | Vaginal bleeding. Do you have regular menses? | 阴道出血 你月事正常吗 |
[17:39] | Do you bleed once a month? | 每个月都会出血吗 |
[17:41] | Once a month? Oh, God, no. | 每月一次 当然没有 |
[17:43] | Maybe a couple times a year. | 一年来个几次吧 |
[17:45] | But this isn’t that. | 但这不是那个 |
[17:46] | Tonight I was fooling around with Jimmy. | 今晚我在跟吉米厮混 |
[17:49] | Lobster Boy. | 龙虾男孩 |
[17:50] | I think he pierced a hole right through me. | 我觉得他给我捅了个洞 |
[17:53] | Let’s take a look, shall we? | 咱们看看吧 好吗 |
[17:55] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[17:56] | He’s gonna take a look. | 他要检查一下 |
[17:58] | Lie down. | 躺下吧 |
[18:00] | Gonna take a look at you. | 给你检查一下 |
[18:17] | Just try to relax your belly. | 腹部尽量放松 |
[18:20] | Where were you born? | 你是在哪出生的 |
[18:22] | Philadelphia. | 费城 |
[18:24] | The midwife smacked me on my ass and said, | 助产士拍着我的屁股说 |
[18:27] | “Congratulations, Mary, you finally got you a boy.” | “恭喜你玛丽 生了个大胖小子” |
[18:32] | My mother was over the moon. | 我妈妈乐坏了 |
[18:34] | She named me Derek, after her father, | 她给我起名叫德里克 那是她父亲的名字 |
[18:37] | who was a baseball player. | 他是个棒球运动员 |
[18:38] | Thought maybe I’d follow in his footsteps. | 还想着我说不定能跟随他的脚步 |
[18:44] | But that all changed when I turned 12 | 但我12岁时 一切都变了 |
[18:46] | and started growing these. | 我长出了三个乳房 |
[18:53] | Okay, Doc. | 好了 大夫 |
[18:55] | Don’t sugarcoat it. | 直说吧 |
[18:56] | Well, the midwife was wrong. | 助产士搞错了 |
[18:58] | You’re not a boy; you never were. | 你不是男孩 从来都不是 |
[19:00] | You probably have an excess of testosterone. | 你可能是睾酮过量 |
[19:03] | Your body got confused | 迷惑了你的身体 |
[19:05] | and produced more estrogen to compensate, | 分泌出过多的雌激素以平衡睾酮 |
[19:10] | which may account for your accessory breast. | 从而使你长出了第三只乳房 |
[19:13] | What about my ding-a-ling? | 那我的丁丁是怎么回事 |
[19:14] | Um, that is not a penis. | 那不是阴茎 |
[19:18] | That is an enlarged clitoris, | 那只是增大的阴蒂 |
[19:20] | which I can surgically reduce if it bothers you. | 要是你感到困扰 我可以通过手术把它缩小 |
[19:23] | But either way, physically | 但是无论是从生理上 |
[19:25] | and genetically, you are 100% woman. | 还是基因上来看 你都是个百分百的女人 |
[19:30] | Now, the bleeding that you experienced, | 至于你的出血 |
[19:34] | that was a miscarriage, | 是流产所致 |
[19:35] | and I’m sorry to say that that was about 12 weeks. | 我很遗憾地告诉你已经快三个月了 |
[19:39] | Now, there was no sign of injury, | 虽然没有受到伤害的迹象 |
[19:43] | but the baby was just not viable. | 但是孩子是保不住了 |
[19:47] | The baby? | 孩子 |
[19:48] | If you wait a few months, | 要是你再等几个月 |
[19:50] | you and your husband can try again. | 你和你丈夫可以再试一试 |
[19:52] | But now I must be blunt. | 但是我必须说清楚 |
[19:54] | At your age, I wouldn’t wait too long. | 你这年纪不该等太久 |
[20:03] | I could have a baby with Dell. | 我能跟戴尔生个孩子 |
[20:14] | Make sure it’s extra deep, gentlemen. | 一定要挖得深点 先生们 |
[20:16] | I’m planting a whole slew of Narcissus bulbs for spring. | 到了春天我可要种很多水仙球呢 |
[20:19] | They’re divine when arranged with Siberian Iris. | 跟西伯利亚鸢尾种在一起可好看了 |
[20:22] | Miss Gloria, you only need 18 inches for Narcissus. | 歌莉娅小姐 种水仙只要18英寸就好了 |
[20:25] | We’re already at 12 feet. | 我们都挖了12英尺了 |
[20:26] | They are special bulbs from Holland. | 那是从荷兰进口的特殊球茎 |
[20:28] | Please do not question me. | 别质疑我 |
[20:32] | The body will decompose down there | 尸体会在下面慢慢腐烂 |
[20:35] | and give life to these flowers. | 为这些花提供养分 |
[20:39] | In spring, | 到了春天 |
[20:40] | we will look down at the blanket of color and say, | 我们能看着一片五彩的花园 然后说 |
[20:43] | “She did not die in vain.” | 她没有白死 |
[20:48] | I’m sorry I killed Dora, Mother. | 抱歉我杀了朵拉 母亲 |
[20:51] | I hate to have put you out like this. | 我真不想这样给你添麻烦 |
[20:54] | You have the sickness like your father had before you. | 你和你父亲有一样的毛病 |
[20:58] | He stifled it the only way he could. | 他选择了唯一抑制疾病的办法 |
[21:02] | These mental perversions | 这些心理疾病 |
[21:04] | are an affliction of the extremely affluent. | 是伴随富贵荣华的苦难 |
[21:08] | Cousins marry cousins to protect the money, | 为守住金钱表亲联姻 |
[21:11] | to keep the estates whole. | 好保全地产 |
[21:13] | Inbreeding, | 近亲繁衍 |
[21:15] | becomes a right of passage to have a psychotic or two in the line. | 注定会使家族出现精神病患 |
[21:21] | Jack the Ripper was a Windsor, for God’s sake. | 开膛手杰克就是温莎王室 天啊 |
[21:25] | I wanted to be an actor, Mother. | 我想当演员 母亲 |
[21:28] | None of this would’ve happened if you had let me. | 你如果成全我 就不会发生这种事 |
[21:31] | I need to express myself. | 我需要表现自己 |
[21:35] | Please, Mother, I… | 求你了 母亲 我… |
[21:38] | I don’t want to end up like Daddy. | 我不想和父亲一个下场 |
[21:41] | Swinging lifeless on a Japanese maple. | 吊死在一棵鸡爪槭上 |
[21:44] | I won’t have that for you. | 我不希望你这样 |
[21:46] | But it’s 1952. | 但如今是1952年 |
[21:48] | You can’t just go around picking up vagrants and killing them. | 你不能就这么上街随便挑个流浪汉杀掉 |
[21:51] | People are missed. | 会有人找他们 |
[21:53] | I’ll figure something out. | 我会想到办法的 |
[22:33] | No, no, no, Ma Petite. | 不不 我的小可爱 |
[22:36] | There’s a smudge. | 糊了一点 |
[22:37] | I have to be perfect. | 我必须完美 |
[22:38] | I have to take publicity photos for my new TV show. | 我得给我的新电视节目拍宣传照 |
[22:42] | I have to be a fantasy. | 我必须美得梦幻 |
[22:44] | Yes, Miss Elsa. | 是 艾莎小姐 |
[23:23] | Astonishing. | 令人震惊 |
[23:26] | Isn’t it just? | 可不是吗 |
[23:27] | Now, this one seems less pristine than the other. | 这一个看上去没有另一个新鲜 |
[23:34] | That’s because she went first. | 那是因为她是先走的 |
[23:38] | Uh, that won’t affect the price, will it? | 这不影响价格吧 |
[23:42] | May I ask, how did they… | 问一下 她们怎么… |
[23:47] | expire? | 死的 |
[23:49] | Would you believe it? | 你会信吗 |
[23:50] | The droopy one caught a cold. | 没精神的这个得了感冒 |
[23:54] | Ta-da. | 瞧啊 |
[23:54] | Pink cupcakes! | 粉色纸杯蛋糕 |
[23:58] | What a treat. | 如此款待我们 |
[24:00] | Well, I thought we needed something to celebrate your future. | 我觉得我们得好好庆祝你们的未来 |
[24:03] | The Tattler Twins Hour is gonna be a smash hit. | 《塔特勒双胞胎秀》肯定会大红大紫 |
[24:08] | Try one. | 尝一个 |
[24:10] | Did you bake them? | 是你烤的吗 |
[24:43] | Dot, cupcake. | 多特 吃蛋糕 |
[24:47] | The whole hour would be us? | 整个秀都是我俩吗 |
[24:50] | How would we ever learn enough songs? | 我们怎么可能学那么多歌 |
[24:52] | Well, you’d welcome other guests. | 你们会迎来其它嘉宾 |
[24:54] | Uh, Perry Como. | 佩里·科莫 |
[24:57] | Dinah Shore. | 黛娜·肖尔 |
[24:59] | Oh, I adore Dinah Shore. | 我很崇拜黛娜·肖尔 |
[25:03] | We were never allowed to play her records. | 我们以前不能放她的唱片 |
[25:05] | Mother said she was high yellow. | 母亲说她是混血黑人 |
[25:18] | Serves you right for being such a glutton. | 你个小吃货活该 |
[25:28] | Started out as the sniffles. | 刚开始抽鼻子 |
[25:30] | Turned into something much worse. | 后来愈发严重 |
[25:34] | Pneumonia, I think the doctor said. | 肺炎 医生是这么说的 |
[25:36] | How tragic. | 真惨 |
[25:37] | Yeah, right? | 是吧 |
[25:39] | Bless their hearts. | 愿她们安息 |
[25:42] | Amazing how something so seemingly innocuous can cause such damage. | 看起来无害的小感冒居然有如此杀伤力 |
[25:47] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[25:48] | Oh, I can’t hear her. | 我感受不到她了 |
[25:50] | Oh, it hurts. | 好疼 |
[25:52] | Oh, it hurts. | 好疼 |
[25:55] | Please, you have to get us to a hospital. | 求求你 带我们去医院 |
[25:58] | Oh, my God. Oh… | 天啊 |
[26:04] | Oh, my God, it hurts. | 天啊 好疼 |
[26:05] | Please, please, please, please. | 求求你 求求你 |
[26:09] | Dot. | 多特 |
[26:12] | Cupcake. | 吃纸杯蛋糕 |
[26:13] | I don’t want a cupcake. | 我不想吃纸杯蛋糕 |
[26:16] | Bette, wake up! | 贝特 快醒醒 |
[26:19] | Wake up, please, I beg of you. | 快醒醒 我求求你 |
[26:22] | Please help me. | 求你帮帮我 |
[26:24] | Please. | 求你了 |
[26:31] | You should’ve had a cupcake. | 你应该吃蛋糕的 |
[26:34] | They’re to die for. | 味道很销魂哦 |
[26:36] | – Did you bake them? – With my own two hands. | -是你烤的吗 -我亲手烤的 |
[26:39] | No cupcakes. | 不吃纸杯蛋糕 |
[26:40] | We have to watch our figure | 如果要当电视明星 |
[26:42] | if we’re gonna be television personalities. | 我们得好好保持身材 |
[26:49] | Right. | 没错 |
[27:02] | I was destined to be the greatest actor of all time. | 我本注定要成为有史以来最伟大的演员 |
[27:05] | Monty Clift? If I had been in A Place in the Sun, | 蒙迪·克利夫特 如果是我演了《郎心似铁》 |
[27:07] | George Stevens would have had me do | 乔治·史蒂文斯就会让我 |
[27:09] | the walk to the electric chair shirtless. | 一丝不挂地拍摄走向电椅的镜头 |
[27:11] | I mailed away for one of those Charles Atlas exercise routines | 我邮购了一套查尔斯·阿特拉斯的健身教程 |
[27:14] | they advertise in the back of the Superman comics. | 我是在《超人》漫画的背后看见的广告 |
[27:16] | And I practiced acting faces in front of the mirror– | 我还时常对着镜子练习表情 |
[27:19] | sad, happy, moody. | 悲伤 快乐 忧郁 |
[27:21] | – But mother wouldn’t let me. – I hate her! | -但母亲不让我表演 -我恨她 |
[27:23] | But she can’t keep my greatness in the slips. | 可她阻挡不了我这颗金子发光 |
[27:26] | One door closes, another opens. | 一扇门关上了 另一扇会打开 |
[27:29] | And this body is America, | 我的身子象征了美国 |
[27:32] | strong, violent and full of limitless potential. | 强壮 勇武 充满无限的潜力 |
[27:36] | My arms will hold them down when they struggle. | 他们挣扎时 我的胳膊能把他们按住 |
[27:38] | My legs will run them down when they flee. | 他们想逃走时 我的腿能追上他们 |
[27:41] | I will be the U.S. Steel of Murder. | 我将成为美国的凶杀之神 |
[27:45] | My body holds a heart that cannot love. | 我身体里的心无法爱 |
[27:48] | When Dora died, she looked right into my eyes, | 朵拉死的时候 直直地看着我的眼睛 |
[27:50] | and I felt nothing. | 我毫无所动 |
[27:55] | The clown was put on earth to show me the way. | 小丑的出现就是为了给我指明方向 |
[27:59] | To introduce me to the sweet language of murder. | 为我展示杀人的魅力 |
[28:03] | But I am no clown. | 但我不是小丑 |
[28:06] | I am perfection. | 我是完美 |
[28:08] | I am greatness. | 我是伟大 |
[28:10] | I am the future, and the future starts tonight. | 我就是未来 而未来将在今晚开启 |
[28:58] | – Watch it! – Pardon me. | -小心点 -对不起 |
[29:06] | Two Brandy Alexanders. | 两杯亚历山大白兰地 |
[29:09] | Let me see. | 让我瞧瞧 |
[29:15] | Ah, it’s a goddamn waste you being here. | 你在这种地方真是浪费才华 |
[29:18] | Your stuff should be in one of them hot shit | 你画的这些都能进 |
[29:20] | – Fort Lauderdale galleries. – Yeah? | -德劳代尔的高档画廊 -真的吗 |
[29:22] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[29:24] | Hey, you know, some guy was in here the other day from Los Angeles, | 前两天有个洛杉矶的人来这儿 |
[29:27] | and he said they have this big pier | 说他们那儿有个大码头 |
[29:29] | right out over the ocean and there are guys there | 直伸进海里 人们就在那儿 |
[29:31] | doing caricatures for the tourists for two bucks a pop. | 为游客画漫画 两块钱一幅 |
[29:35] | I’m telling you, the west is where it’s all happening now. | 我跟你说吧 西部现在是遍地黄金 |
[29:39] | You think I’m good enough to do that? | 你觉得我能行吗 |
[29:41] | Did he tell you he was gonna take you there? | 他说他要带你去了吗 |
[29:44] | ‘Cause he’s lying, you know. | 他是在撒谎 |
[29:46] | Just a hound dog salesman | 不过是个推销员 |
[29:48] | trying to get his rocks off when he’s away on business. | 想在出差的途中来一炮 |
[29:51] | Why-why are you getting all possessive? | 你干吗占有欲这么强 |
[29:53] | I got to work, right? | 我也得工作 对吧 |
[29:54] | ‘Cause you and me aren’t just about work. | 你和我不只是交易 |
[29:57] | I keep telling you, | 我一直跟你说 |
[29:59] | if you’re getting out of this place, | 如果你想离开这里 |
[30:00] | it’s with me. | 也是和我一起 |
[30:01] | I’m not getting out. | 我没要离开 |
[30:04] | I like it here. | 我喜欢这里 |
[30:06] | I make good bread; | 我挣得多 |
[30:07] | Murray pays off the cops so no one bothers us. | 穆雷买通了警察 所以没人找我们麻烦 |
[30:10] | The worst thing that happens to me is… | 最倒霉的也就是 |
[30:12] | a little blood in my shorts if someone gets a little rough, | 有些人太粗暴 裤子上会见血 |
[30:15] | or I get a load in my hair. | 或是把精液弄到我头发上 |
[30:16] | I told you not to talk about things like that with me! | 我说了 别跟我说这些事 |
[30:19] | There are no other guys but me! | 你只能有我一个 |
[30:23] | We’re fine. | 没事 |
[30:25] | It’s all right. | 没事的 |
[30:28] | Look, I’m… | 听我说… |
[30:30] | I’m here almost every day. | 我几乎每天都来 |
[30:32] | I skip out on work sometimes to be with you. | 有时甚至不顾工作来找你 |
[30:35] | We drink and we talk. | 我们喝酒 聊天 |
[30:37] | About real life. | 聊生活 |
[30:38] | You can’t tell me that’s all on the clock. | 别说这都是为了赚钱 |
[30:41] | Yeah. We talk. | 没错 我们聊天 |
[30:43] | You tell me stuff, too. | 你也会向我倾诉 |
[30:45] | About your wife. | 你的老婆 |
[30:47] | About how you’re gonna leave. Big talk. | 还有你想要离开 都是大空话 |
[30:49] | Usually lasts until you finish, and then… | 说个不停 直到你完事 |
[30:51] | you’re out the door before I can wipe my dick off. | 我老二都没擦干净你就出门了 |
[30:53] | This is hard for me! | 你别逼我 |
[30:56] | I got… I got a lot of complications. | 我的生活很复杂 |
[31:02] | I’ve been doing this my whole life. | 我这辈子遇到过不少人 |
[31:06] | But with you, | 但和你一起 |
[31:08] | I’m really gone, Andy. | 我真的忘记了一切 安迪 |
[31:10] | I… | 我 |
[31:13] | love you. | 我爱你 |
[31:14] | Love me? | 爱我 |
[31:18] | You’ve been in town a month. | 你才来镇上一个月 |
[31:22] | You know what I don’t get about you, Dell? | 你知道我不理解你哪点吗 戴尔 |
[31:24] | What do you have to lose? | 你还有什么可担心的 |
[31:26] | I mean, most of the johns in here | 这里大多的客人都是 |
[31:28] | are businessmen, lawyers, fathers. | 商人 律师 父亲 |
[31:31] | No one is inviting you to join the chamber of commerce. | 又没人会要你加入美国商会 |
[31:35] | Who are you hiding out from? | 你在躲谁 |
[31:38] | You’re already a freak. | 你已经是个怪胎了 |
[31:40] | And no one knows I’m one of them. | 没人知道我是这种人 |
[31:45] | So what’s your play here, handsome? | 你想怎么样 帅哥 |
[31:48] | Eventually I will leave. | 我最终会离开的 |
[31:50] | – Yeah. – But until then, | -是啊 -但直到那之前 |
[31:51] | let me get you your own little place. | 让我给你找个小地方住 |
[31:54] | Not that motel you’re staying in, just… | 别继续待在那间旅馆了 |
[31:57] | a-a place with a record player | 找个有唱片机 |
[31:59] | and good light, where you can draw. | 光线好的地方 好让你作画 |
[32:01] | I don’t want you hanging around this place no more, | 我不希望你继续待在这里了 |
[32:03] | letting these creeps paw at you. | 让这些变态占你的便宜 |
[32:05] | I think you still love your wife, Dell. | 我觉得你还爱着你妻子 戴尔 |
[32:07] | I got a heart, you know? | 我也是有心的 |
[32:08] | I do feel things. | 我有感觉的 |
[32:10] | When I’m bending those steel bars | 不论是掰铁棍子 |
[32:12] | or I got a stack of three acrobats standing on my head, | 还是拿头顶着三层杂耍演员 |
[32:14] | it hurts like hot lead in my fingers and shoulders. | 我的手 我的肩膀像烧一样的疼 |
[32:19] | Most people can’t take the pain. | 大部分人受不了这个疼 |
[32:20] | But not me. | 但我行 |
[32:22] | The pain don’t define me. | 那疼痛不能控制我 |
[32:24] | But I still feel it. | 但我还是能感觉到 |
[32:25] | Every time I leave this place, every time I can’t go in | 每次我离开这里 每次因为你有客人 |
[32:28] | because you’re with some other guy, | 我不能见你 |
[32:30] | giving yourself to him even though | 每次你把身体 |
[32:31] | I know he doesn’t give two shits about you. | 献给毫不在乎你的人 |
[32:42] | There is nothing worse than the hurt of loving someone | 没有什么比爱一个你得不到的人 |
[32:46] | you can’t have. | 更痛苦的了 |
[32:55] | Look, Dell… | 戴尔 |
[32:58] | I work here. | 我在这儿工作 |
[33:01] | This is my office. | 这是我的办公室 |
[33:05] | When I’m here, I’m working. | 我在这儿时 就只是在工作 |
[33:10] | You get what I’m saying? | 你懂吗 |
[33:19] | Wait, stay a while. | 等等 先别走 |
[33:20] | I’ll get the next round. | 我去买下轮酒 |
[33:38] | Hello. | 你好 |
[33:41] | Well, hello, stranger. | 你好啊 陌生人 |
[33:45] | What would you like? | 要来点什么 |
[33:48] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[33:50] | Well, it’s a dollar to sit and talk, | 坐下谈话是1块 |
[33:52] | five for a dance, | 跳舞是5块 |
[33:53] | ten to go into the alley behind the bar | 去酒吧后面的小巷是10块 |
[33:55] | and 20 to take me home. | 带我回家是20块 |
[34:08] | He wants to make us television stars. | 他要让我们当上电视明星 |
[34:10] | I don’t understand. | 我不懂 |
[34:13] | We could have such a fantastic time, | 我们会很开心的 |
[34:15] | singing and dancing on our own TV show. | 在自己的电视节目上唱歌跳舞 |
[34:20] | I am with your sister, Dot. | 你妹妹说得对 多特 |
[34:23] | The opportunity of a lifetime presents itself on a silver platter, | 千载难逢的机会自己送上门来了 |
[34:28] | and you hesitate? | 你还犹豫什么 |
[34:30] | I don’t know if he’s told you yet, | 不知他跟你们说了没有 |
[34:32] | but he has asked me to go as well. | 他还邀我也一起去 |
[34:34] | Would you be a guest on the Tattler Sisters’ Hour? | 你要做《塔特勒姐妹秀》的嘉宾吗 |
[34:38] | Hardly. | 当然不 |
[34:39] | In addition to having my own show, | 除了给我我自己的节目 |
[34:42] | he has asked me to mentor you. | 他还请我指导你们 |
[34:45] | And what could be better? | 还有什么比这更好的呢 |
[34:47] | Because I, more than anyone, | 因为我是最最 |
[34:49] | want the very, very best for you. | 关心你们的人了 |
[34:52] | I don’t trust her. | 我不信任她 |
[34:53] | So… | 那么 |
[34:56] | …go to bed early tonight. | 今晚早点睡 |
[34:58] | Get lots of rest. | 好好休息 |
[35:00] | And in the morning, | 等早上 |
[35:03] | I have arranged | 我安排了 |
[35:04] | for a discreet private fitting for you | 镇上最好的裁缝 |
[35:08] | with the best seamstress in town. | 来给你们量体裁衣 |
[35:11] | Stars need always | 明星永远 |
[35:14] | to be fashionable. | 要走在时尚前沿 |
[35:17] | She’s angling for something. | 她在打什么算盘 |
[35:20] | Who cares? | 谁管呢 |
[35:21] | I’d love a new hat. | 我很想要顶新帽子 |
[35:41] | Hey, baby. | 亲爱的 |
[35:43] | Where you been? | 你去哪了 |
[35:45] | Been looking all over for you, worried sick. | 我到处找你 担心死了 |
[35:52] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[35:53] | I had to go to the doctor. | 我去看医生了 |
[35:56] | The doctor? | 医生 |
[35:57] | What happened? | 怎么回事 |
[35:59] | Are you all right? | 你还好吧 |
[36:00] | I’m great. Doctor says… | 我很好 医生说 |
[36:03] | I’m 100% woman. | 我是个百分百的女人 |
[36:06] | Turns out I can even have babies. | 我甚至可以生孩子 |
[36:08] | It’s not too late. | 现在还不迟 |
[36:11] | A baby. | 孩子 |
[36:16] | That’s great. | 太棒了 |
[36:29] | It was. | 是啊 |
[36:32] | Until Ethel told me the truth. | 可是艾瑟尔告诉了我真相 |
[36:34] | Your daddy had the lobster hands. | 你爸爸是个龙虾手 |
[36:36] | Ethel. | 艾瑟尔 |
[36:39] | Look, that old whore’s got it out for me. | 那老婊子就是看我不顺眼 |
[36:41] | You can’t believe a word out of that mangy broad. | 你不能相信她的话 |
[36:44] | And my whole life, I thought I was the freak. | 我这辈子 都以为自己是个畸形 |
[36:48] | Dirty, vile– all the things my mama used to call me. | 肮脏 邪恶 我妈妈以前总这么骂我 |
[36:52] | But it was you, Dell. | 但你才是 戴尔 |
[36:53] | You’re the one | 你才是 |
[36:55] | with freak blood running all through your veins! | 你血管里流着畸形怪物的血 |
[36:59] | You chickenshit son of a bitch, you’re Jimmy’s father! | 你个懦弱的混蛋 你是吉米的父亲 |
[37:03] | Who gives a shit about Jimmy?! | 谁在乎吉米 |
[37:06] | When I think of all the time I wasted on your sorry ass, | 我一想起来我浪费在你身上的青春 |
[37:10] | ’cause I thought this jacked up sham of a marriage | 因为我以为我们这段虚伪的婚姻 |
[37:13] | was all I had, all that I deserved. | 是我的全部 我无权奢求别的 |
[37:16] | Well, let me tell you something. | 我告诉你 |
[37:18] | I’m gonna get me my normal life. | 我要让自己过上正常的生活 |
[37:20] | The pretty house, have me some babies. | 住在漂亮房子里 生几个孩子 |
[37:23] | But not with you. | 但不会是跟你一起 |
[37:24] | Never with you. | 绝不是跟你一起 |
[37:31] | Hey, answer me this. | 回答我 |
[37:35] | Who’s gonna go for a big-dicked, three-titted woman like you? | 谁会要你这样的大屌三胸的女人 |
[37:39] | Doctor says it’s just extra-large lady parts. | 医生说我下面只是过大的女性器官 |
[37:42] | All cosmetic. | 可以整掉 |
[37:44] | He gonna do a surgery, and poof, | 他会给我做个手术 然后 |
[37:46] | I’ll look like any other lady just walking down the street. | 我就会跟街上的任何一个女人无异了 |
[37:51] | Do you think there’s something better out there for you? | 你觉得外面的世界里有更好的人生吗 |
[37:53] | You go on and do your worst, | 你随便怎么说吧 |
[37:55] | ’cause once they change me down there, | 等我下面都整好了 |
[37:56] | I’m gonna be too much woman for you anyway. | 你也配不上我这样的女人了 |
[38:05] | I’m moving into Ethel’s caravan. | 我要搬进艾瑟尔的篷车 |
[38:28] | In there? | 在那里面 |
[38:42] | How did you find this place? | 你怎么找到这地方的 |
[38:44] | It belonged to a friend of mine. | 是我一个朋友的 |
[38:46] | Charming. | 真不错 |
[39:03] | I’m not a fruit. | 我不是基佬 |
[39:06] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[39:10] | But you didn’t pay me $100 just to talk. | 但你付我100块不是为了聊天的吧 |
[39:16] | I have a keen idea. | 我有个主意 |
[39:19] | We turn our backs to each other. | 我们背对背 |
[39:21] | You take off your clothes, and I’ll take off mine. | 你脱掉你的衣服 我也是 |
[39:25] | On the count of three, we turn around. | 数到三 我们一起转过来 |
[39:29] | Whatever magic happens… | 如果发生了什么奇迹 |
[39:33] | happens. | 那就顺其自然 |
[39:38] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[39:44] | You’re very handsome. | 你很帅啊 |
[39:48] | But you already know that. | 但你已经知道了 |
[39:54] | Has anyone ever painted you before? | 有人画过你的像吗 |
[39:58] | I’d like to do you in oils, | 我很想给你画油画 |
[40:00] | Cubist style, like Picasso. | 像毕加索那样 立体派风格 |
[40:02] | Can you shut up now? I want to make this just right. | 你能闭嘴吗 我想好好做 |
[40:11] | Ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[40:13] | Yup. | 嗯 |
[40:15] | One… two… three. | 一 二 三 |
[40:59] | Why are you still moving? | 你怎么还动 |
[41:00] | Help me! | 救命 |
[41:01] | You’re supposed to be dead. | 你应该死了啊 |
[41:02] | – Help me! – Just die! | -救命 -死吧 |
[41:12] | Rule number one of a good killer: | 好杀手第一规则 |
[41:14] | make sure all the evidence is gone. | 确保销毁一切证据 |
[41:17] | Start with the limbs. | 首先是四肢 |
[41:36] | How can you be still alive? | 你怎么还活着啊 |
[41:40] | You’re making me feel bad! | 你让我好难过 |
[41:42] | Stop it! | 停下 |
[41:47] | Please… kill me. | 求你 杀了我吧 |
[41:49] | Please kill me. | 杀了我吧 |
[42:07] | Hello? | 喂 |
[42:08] | Hello, Mrs. Mott. | 莫特太太 |
[42:10] | This is Regina Ross, Dora’s daughter. | 我是瑞金娜·罗斯 朵拉的女儿 |
[42:13] | How are you today? | 您好吗 |
[42:14] | Fine, fine. How are you? | 挺好的 你呢 |
[42:16] | I’m wonderful. | 我很好 |
[42:18] | I’m really enjoying my time here | 我真的很喜欢在 |
[42:19] | at the Barbizon Secretary School in New York City. | 纽约市巴比松秘书学校学习 |
[42:22] | I’m learning so much, | 我学到了好多东西 |
[42:24] | and I’m hoping to be placed in a position | 我希望毕业之后能 |
[42:25] | at a law firm as soon as I graduate. | 进入律师事务所 |
[42:27] | Quite frankly, I’m completely overwhelmed, Regina. | 说实话 我现在很忙 瑞金娜 |
[42:30] | I’ll have to call you back another time. | 我得回头打给你了 |
[42:31] | Well, I’m-I’m sorry to hear that, Mrs. Mott, | 真遗憾 莫特太太 |
[42:34] | but I’m concerned about my mother. | 我只是担心我母亲 |
[42:36] | She missed our weekly phone call yesterday. | 我们每周都通话 但她昨天没打来 |
[42:39] | Is she all right? | 她还好吧 |
[42:40] | Yes, she’s fine. | 她没事 |
[42:42] | Your mother works very hard for me, dear. | 你母亲工作很忙 亲爱的 |
[42:45] | Right now, she’s at the farm stand buying winter squash, | 她现在去农产品小摊买冬南瓜了 |
[42:47] | and with the holidays coming up, | 而且节日要到了 |
[42:49] | I doubt she’ll have much time to call you for a month at least. | 她大概这一个月都没时间给你打电话了 |
[42:52] | You tell my mother to call me the minute she gets home. | 麻烦您让我妈妈一回家就给我打电话 |
[42:54] | I’ll tell her. | 我会转告的 |
[42:56] | Regina, may I ask you a question? | 瑞金娜 我能问你个问题吗 |
[42:59] | You played with Dandy when you were a child. | 你和丹迪小时候一起玩过 |
[43:02] | You spent time with us as a family. | 你像家人一样跟我们住在一起 |
[43:04] | Yes, yes, ma’am, I did. | 是啊 夫人 |
[43:06] | What are your remembrances of me as a mother? | 你印象中我是什么样的母亲 |
[43:10] | I don’t remember you really being with us. | 我不记得您跟我们在一起过 |
[43:14] | With him. | 跟他在一起 |
[43:16] | There were always the nannies, who quit regularly, | 一直都是保姆 而且辞职得很频繁 |
[43:18] | he bit so many of them. | 他老是咬她们 |
[43:19] | I raised my child as I was raised. | 我小时候就是这么带大的 |
[43:23] | He called for me once when he had a raging fever. | 有次他发高烧 要找我 |
[43:26] | I didn’t go in his room. | 我没进他的房间 |
[43:27] | I was afraid I didn’t know how to comfort him. | 我怕我不知道怎么安抚他 |
[43:31] | So I sent his governess in. | 所以我叫他的家庭教师去了 |
[43:34] | He never called for me again. | 他后来再没找过我 |
[43:37] | Mrs. Mott? | 莫特太太 |
[43:39] | Mrs. Mott, I-I… | 莫特太太 |
[43:41] | I’m feeling really uncomfortable, | 我觉得很尴尬 |
[43:43] | so I’m going to go now. | 所以我这就挂了 |
[43:46] | Please tell my mother to call me. | 请转告我妈妈给我打电话 |
[43:48] | Th-Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[43:52] | Mother? | 母亲 |
[44:04] | Miss Elsa? | 艾莎小姐 |
[44:06] | Didn’t you say we were going into town? | 你不是说我们要进镇吗 |
[44:08] | That sign back there said it was to the left. | 刚刚的路标显示该往左走 |
[44:11] | Trust me, liebchin. | 相信我 亲爱的 |
[44:13] | I have got even a better idea. | 我有了个更好的主意 |
[44:16] | Mr. Toledo, | 特利多先生 |
[44:17] | I want to say how sorry I am for your loss. | 我想说我十分遗憾 |
[44:20] | A miscarriage is always a bitter disappointment. | 流产总是令人失望痛心 |
[44:23] | Yeah, that’s true. | 是啊 |
[44:25] | What are you gonna do? You got to play to win, right? | 没办法 只能努力 |
[44:29] | So you were what, | 你怎么 |
[44:30] | some kind of fancy surgeon up north? | 是北部的大外科医师吗 |
[44:33] | You could say that, I suppose. | 可以这么说吧 |
[44:35] | What brought you down here? | 那你怎么来这里了 |
[44:36] | My wife and I moved down here | 我和妻子搬来这里 |
[44:37] | to be near our daughter and, uh, her family. | 离我女儿和她家人更近些 |
[44:41] | But not to retire. | 但不是为了退休 |
[44:43] | Semi-retired. | 半退休吧 |
[44:45] | I like to keep busy. | 我喜欢忙碌 |
[44:48] | Busy, busy body. | 大忙人啊 |
[44:49] | I’m sorry? | 什么 |
[44:52] | I hear you’re gonna operate on my Dessi, | 听说你要给我家德茜做手术 |
[44:55] | make her into a bona fide female. | 把她变成如假包换的女人 |
[44:58] | Well, she is a female. | 她本就是女人 |
[45:00] | But if a little cosmetic change makes her feel better, | 如果做下整形手术 能让她开心 |
[45:04] | I don’t see the harm. | 我觉得这也不妨 |
[45:09] | Do me a favor, all right, Doc? | 帮我个忙 好吗 医生 |
[45:12] | You keep your hands off my wife, | 别去碰我妻子 |
[45:13] | and I’ll keep my hands off your family. | 我就不去碰你的家人 |
[45:15] | – You got it?! – I’m sorry. | -听懂了吗 -抱歉 |
[45:17] | You sure are sorry. | 你当然会觉得抱歉 |
[45:20] | Maybe it’s time for you to retire for real. | 或许你该正式退休了 |
[45:22] | Give these magical hands of yours a little rest! | 让你的奇迹之手好好歇几年 |
[45:26] | Let’s make it a matching set. | 要做做一对儿 |
[45:35] | Try to operate with those. | 你现在再做手术试试啊 |
[45:37] | Now you might be thinking about talking to the police, | 你可能会想去找警察 |
[45:39] | but if you talk to them | 你如果敢找他们 |
[45:40] | or to Dessi or anyone else, | 或德茜 或任何人 |
[45:42] | I’ll pay a visit to those beautiful little grandkids of yours. | 我就去找你那些漂亮的孙子孙女 |
[45:46] | Their tiny little fingers, | 他们的小手指 |
[45:48] | they’ll snap like twigs. | 会像树枝一样容易折断 |
[46:05] | Oh, hello. What are you doing here? | 你好 你来干什么 |
[46:08] | I have brought you something I believe you want. | 我给你带来了你要的东西 |