时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | The Medical Community has always been fascinated by freaks of nature. | 医学界一向对先天畸形很感兴趣 |
[00:15] | They highlight the strange wonders of the human body, | 他们突显了人体构造的神奇 |
[00:19] | and illuminate the horrors of | 也显示出了疾病 失调 |
[00:23] | disease and disorder, death. | 及死亡的可怕 |
[00:27] | For these poor souls, | 对这些可怜人来说 |
[00:28] | Halloween must have come as a great relief. | 万圣节对他们一定是种解脱 |
[00:31] | The one ordained day they were allowed to hide behind costumes. | 一个能让他们掩藏在奇装异服下的特定日子 |
[00:35] | And here at the American Morbidity Museum, | 但在美国畸形博物馆中 |
[00:38] | we not only embrace their differences, | 我们不仅欣然接受他们的特异 |
[00:40] | we celebrate them. | 更赞美有加 |
[00:43] | So, please have some candy. | 请随意吃些糖果 |
[00:47] | Enjoy that, enjoy the tour. | 享受甜美的糖果以及奇幻的旅程 |
[00:49] | See you in the next room. | 我们下个展馆见 |
[00:53] | – Dr. Mansfield. – Miss Hemmings. | -曼斯菲尔德博士 -亨明斯女士 |
[00:55] | Have you met my lab assistant Miss Rothschild? | 这位是我的实验助手罗思柴尔德小姐 |
[00:58] | She may be my brightest pupil yet. | 她是我最得意的门生 |
[01:00] | Oh. That’s not true. | 博士就会说笑 |
[01:01] | Now, we don’t mean to rush you, | 我们无意催促 |
[01:02] | but we do have a bona fide offer that expires in an hour. | 但我们手上还有另一份竞价 一小时后失效 |
[01:04] | Did your appraiser look at the specimen? | 你的鉴定师看过样本了吗 |
[01:07] | He has. | 看过了 |
[01:09] | Let me go get him. | 我去叫他 |
[01:16] | These poor people. | 这些可怜人 |
[01:17] | Doomed to lie here and be gawked at all day. | 死后还得被人参观 |
[01:20] | Well, they were losers in life. | 他们生前就是些废人 |
[01:23] | At least now they have some value. | 至少死了还有些观赏价值 |
[01:27] | Careful. | 小心轻放 |
[01:28] | The Smithsonian offered me $500 for that. | 史密森尼博物馆向我开价500美金呢 |
[01:31] | Then they’re a bunch of fools. | 那他们就是一帮傻子 |
[01:33] | I beg your pardon, Sir. | 您什么意思 |
[01:35] | I have a double degree from Harvard University. | 我有哈佛大学的双学位 |
[01:37] | You can’t talk to me like that. | 你不能这样跟我说话 |
[01:39] | Yes, about your double degree. | 说到你的双学位 |
[01:41] | We called Harvard, | 我们联系过哈佛大学 |
[01:42] | asking after a Sylvester Mansfield. | 核实西尔维斯特·曼斯菲尔德的身份 |
[01:45] | They have no record of you. | 他们并没有你的相关记录 |
[01:46] | Did you know that it’s a felony | 你知道贩卖伪造 |
[01:48] | to sell a fraudulent medical specimen? | 医学样本是项重罪吗 |
[01:50] | We have every right to call the police. | 我们完全有权报警 |
[01:51] | And I will call the New England Journal of Medicine. | 那我会致电《新英格兰医学期刊》 |
[01:55] | I’ll tell them how rudely we’ve been treated here. | 控诉你对我们的无礼 |
[01:57] | I brought you an authentic baby Sasquatch. | 我带来了一份真正的大脚野人婴儿样本 |
[01:59] | It is a fetal goat with the jaw of a cat sewn onto it. | 这是缝了猫下巴的山羊胎儿 |
[02:03] | A what?! This is outrageous. | 什么 简直欺人太甚 |
[02:07] | We’re leaving. | 我们走了 |
[02:09] | Take your Sasquatch with you. | 带上你的大脚野人啊 |
[02:16] | You’re obviously inventive people. | 你们显然是很有创造力的人 |
[02:20] | If you brought me something authentic, | 如果你能给我找来真正的畸形样本 |
[02:23] | something truly priceless, I… | 真正的无价之宝 我… |
[02:25] | Well, I wouldn’t ask many questions. | 我不会多问的 |
[02:30] | In fact, my business is in trouble. | 老实说 我们现在经营惨淡 |
[02:32] | Without new exhibits, even our most loyal patrons | 没有新展品 即使是最为忠诚的顾客 |
[02:35] | would rather stay at home and watch Ed Sullivan. | 也宁愿待在家里看埃德·苏利文的节目 |
[02:38] | Where does this stuff come from? | 这些展品都是从哪觅得的 |
[02:40] | All over. Private collectors, and… | 全球各地 私人收藏家以及… |
[02:45] | And, you know, I used to get calls from freak shows | 以前如果有畸形秀的演员去世了 |
[02:48] | when one of theirs would pass, | 他们会打电话通知我 |
[02:49] | but they’re mostly gone now. | 但现在已经没多少畸形秀了 |
[02:52] | Just maybe one or two. | 大概只剩下一两家了 |
[02:55] | Coney Island and South Florida. | 科尼岛和南佛罗里达估计还有 |
[03:01] | What’s this over here? | 这个是什么 |
[03:06] | The conjoined liver of famed Siamese Twins | 联体肝脏 来自著名的连体双胞胎 |
[03:08] | Chang and Eng. | 昌和恩 |
[03:11] | Just the liver? | 只有肝脏吗 |
[03:14] | How much is that worth? | 这个多少钱 |
[03:15] | $5,000. | 五千美元 |
[03:19] | That’s fascinating. | 真让人惊叹 |
[03:22] | – Well, we have to catch our plane. – Catch our train. | -我们还得赶飞机 -赶火车 |
[03:26] | Have a lovely day. | 祝你一天愉快 |
[03:28] | You, as well. | 你也是 |
[03:30] | Coney Island’s a little cold this time of year. | 科尼岛在这个季节有点冷吧 |
[03:33] | How about Florida? | 佛罗里达怎么样 |
[04:57] | Jessie, go up and get some candy. | 杰茜 去要糖吧 |
[04:59] | I want to wait. | 我想再等等 |
[05:09] | What was that all about? | 这是怎么了 |
[05:11] | She’s terrified of clowns. | 她最怕小丑 |
[05:13] | So guess what her brother dressed as. | 然后你猜猜她哥哥打扮成什么了 |
[05:15] | I had to drag her to come out and go trick-or-treating. | 我费好大劲把她拖出来玩”不给糖就捣蛋” |
[05:18] | Kids. | 小孩嘛 |
[05:20] | It seems like a good idea at the time. | 生的时候觉得是好事 |
[05:22] | 佛罗里达州 西棕榈滩 1952年 万圣节 下午四点 | |
[05:24] | Is it me, or is it much more crowded this year? | 是我的错觉 还是今年人多不少 |
[05:27] | It’s those kids from Jupiter. | 都是朱庇特来的那些孩子 |
[05:28] | No trick-or-treating because of the curfew. | 因为宵禁 他们那里不能玩”不给糖就捣蛋” |
[05:32] | I thought they caught the guy. | 我以为他们抓到凶手了 |
[05:33] | Some circus performer? | 好像是马戏团的演员 |
[05:51] | Jessie. | 杰茜 |
[05:52] | I saw a clown. It was a really scary one. | 我看见一个小丑 好吓人 |
[05:54] | Remember what we talked about? | 还记得我们之前说过的吗 |
[05:56] | How sometimes we can get confused because of our imagination? | 有时候我们会被自己的想象迷惑 |
[05:59] | He was real. | 他就在那里 |
[06:00] | It’s Halloween, Jessie. | 现在是万圣节 杰茜 |
[06:00] | There’s clowns everywhere. | 小丑到处都是 |
[06:02] | Now, come on. | 走吧 |
[06:02] | Let’s go get some more candy with these kids. | 我们去和那些小朋友一起再要点糖 |
[06:07] | I swear, I’ll never understand that girl. | 我永远都搞不懂这小姑娘 |
[06:08] | I find clowns delightful. | 我觉得小丑挺好玩的 |
[06:42] | You’re awful quiet. | 你不说话 |
[06:44] | That must mean the biopsy came back positive. | 这说明活检结果是阳性的 |
[06:48] | Yes. | 是的 |
[06:49] | You tested positive for cirrhosis of the liver. | 你被查出患有肝硬化 |
[06:52] | It says here that there’s a good deal of fibrosis. | 检查表明肝脏纤维化已经很严重了 |
[06:56] | Yeah, well, my liver’s tough as an old boot. | 好吧 我的肝就像旧靴子一样皮实 |
[07:00] | We can fix her up, can’t we? | 我们能治好的 对吧 |
[07:04] | I don’t think so. | 我看不行了 |
[07:06] | Well, I ain’t touched a drop since Jimmy’s 18th birthday. | 自从吉米18岁生日后我就滴酒不沾了 |
[07:09] | Well, you could’ve had this for a long time. | 你可能患病已久了 |
[07:11] | Cirrhosis can be sneaky. | 肝硬化有时候不好查出来 |
[07:14] | Well, I ain’t gonna die anytime soon, am I? | 我总不会很快就死吧 |
[07:18] | I never liked that question. | 我一向不喜欢这个问题 |
[07:22] | I believe hope is strong medicine. | 我相信希望是一剂良药 |
[07:25] | I don’t like to tell patients to give up hope. | 我不想让任何一个病人放弃希望 |
[07:28] | We’re all hopeless, Doc. | 我们都没有希望 医生 |
[07:31] | We’re all gonna die. | 人终有一死 |
[07:35] | Pardon me, miss, but the older I get, | 不好意思 女士 我年纪越大 |
[07:39] | the harder it gets for me to deliver the bad news. | 宣布坏消息对我来说就越难 |
[07:42] | Never been good at it. | 我一向不擅长这个 |
[07:43] | Especially for someone like yourself, | 尤其是对你这样 |
[07:45] | who must have had a hard life | 这辈子一定过得很苦 |
[07:47] | and seen the worst in human nature. | 见过人性最丑恶一面的人 |
[07:52] | I got plenty to be grateful for. | 我有很多该感恩的理由 |
[07:58] | Give it to me straight. | 你就直说吧 |
[08:00] | How long have I got? | 我还剩多长时间 |
[08:02] | Anywhere from six months to a year. | 半年到一年之间 |
[08:10] | Well, shit. | 该死 |
[08:18] | Shit. Shit. Shit. | 该死 该死 该死 |
[08:24] | Ain’t nothing we can do, huh? | 就无计可施了吗 |
[08:26] | Keep the meat to a minimum. | 尽量少吃肉 |
[08:29] | And don’t take a single drop of alcohol. | 还有绝对要滴酒不沾 |
[08:34] | That’ll only accelerate things. | 否则只会加速病情的恶化 |
[08:42] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[08:45] | I just couldn’t be more sorry. | 我真的很为你遗憾 |
[08:47] | Really. | 真的 |
[08:51] | You know what, Doc? | 你知道吗 医生 |
[08:55] | I ain’t crying ’cause you told me I’m gonna die. | 我哭不是因为你说我要死了 |
[09:00] | I’m crying ’cause you’re the f… | 我哭是因为你是 |
[09:03] | you’re the first doctor ever treat me with respect. | 你是头一个对我以礼相待的医生 |
[09:10] | I just c-can’t help thinking | 我不禁想 |
[09:12] | my whole life might have gone different | 如果我能早点遇到你 |
[09:16] | if I’d met you sooner. | 我的人生也许会大不同 |
[09:35] | Hey, come on, Suzi, have a go! | 好了 苏西 试试吧 |
[09:47] | Hey, come on, girls! | 来啊 姑娘们 |
[09:48] | Between the two of you, you could win this game in one dunk! | 凭你们两个 扎下去一次就稳赢 |
[09:51] | No, thank you. | 不了 谢谢 |
[09:52] | We just washed our hair. | 我们刚洗过头 |
[09:56] | Where have you been? | 你去哪了 |
[09:59] | I was digging a grave. | 我去挖坟了 |
[10:01] | For Meep. | 埋米普 |
[10:03] | He was a child. | 他还是个孩子 |
[10:05] | They all are. | 他们都是 |
[10:06] | I can’t protect any of them. | 我却没能保护他们 |
[10:09] | You can’t blame yourself. | 错不在你 |
[10:10] | Why not? | 怎么不是 |
[10:12] | They needed a leader and I failed them. | 他们需要有人领导 我却辜负了他们 |
[10:21] | Stop! | 停下 |
[10:24] | Stop it! What’s wrong with you all?! | 都停下 你们这帮人有什么毛病 |
[10:26] | Dot. | 多特 |
[10:27] | Meep is dead! | 米普死了 |
[10:29] | Don’t you care?! | 你们难道不在乎吗 |
[10:31] | You’re being disrespectful. | 你们太不敬了 |
[10:34] | Look how much pain Jimmy’s in. | 你们看吉米多痛苦 |
[10:37] | This is wrong! | 这样是不对的 |
[10:38] | We should remember Meep by working even harder. | 为了纪念米普我们该更努力地工作 |
[10:41] | Maybe dedicating the show today to his memory. | 不如用今天的演出来纪念他吧 |
[10:44] | The show? | 演出 |
[10:45] | It’s Halloween. | 今天是万圣节 |
[10:48] | No freak performs on Halloween. | 万圣节不能演畸形秀 |
[10:51] | Any idiot knows that. | 傻子都知道 |
[10:52] | It’s not fair. They’re new. | 这不公平 她们是新来的 |
[10:53] | They don’t know about that old superstition. | 她们不知道这些迷信说法 |
[10:55] | Not superstition. | 这不是迷信 |
[10:57] | It’s true. | 是事实 |
[10:59] | What is? | 什么是事实 |
[11:00] | Why we don’t perform on Halloween. | 我们不在万圣节表演的原因 |
[11:02] | On accounts of Edward Mordrake. | 是因为爱德华·莫德里克 |
[11:05] | Who? | 谁 |
[11:05] | Edward Mordrake. | 爱德华·莫德里克 |
[11:08] | Aristocrat who lived in the middle 1800s. | 19世纪中期的一位贵族 |
[11:13] | He was heir to all kinds of titles. | 他继承了各种各样的头衔 |
[11:16] | Could’ve been a Duke or a Lord or some shit, | 本可做个公爵或勋爵什么的 |
[11:18] | things had been different. | 有不同的人生 |
[11:21] | Things are never different. | 但有些事永远不会变 |
[11:26] | An Englishman of noble birth, | 作为一个出身高贵的英国人 |
[11:28] | Edward was a young man with fine attainments. | 爱德华是个教养良好的年轻人 |
[11:31] | He was a scholar. He was a poet. | 他是个学者 诗人 |
[11:33] | Musician of rare ability. | 还是一个天赋异禀的音乐家 |
[11:36] | So what was wrong with him? | 那他有什么问题 |
[11:38] | He had another face on the back of his head. | 他的后脑勺上有另一张脸 |
[11:40] | Hideous as a devil. | 如同恶魔般可怕 |
[11:42] | No one else could hear what it said, | 没人能听得到它说的话 |
[11:44] | but it whispered to Edward incessantly | 但它不停地向爱德华 |
[11:46] | of things only spoken of in hell. | 呢喃来自地狱的低语 |
[11:57] | He tried to kill it. | 他想杀掉它 |
[12:07] | Many times in many ways. | 变着法子试了好几次 |
[12:08] | But it wouldn’t die. | 但就是杀不掉它 |
[12:11] | So what happened to him? | 那他后来呢 |
[12:13] | He went mad. | 他疯了 |
[12:16] | His family had him committed to the crazy house at bedlam. | 他家人把他送进了疯人院 |
[12:20] | Truth be told, they were only too happy to have | 说实话 他们非常乐意 |
[12:22] | the family freak banished from sight. | 把家族怪物赶走 |
[12:25] | In the crazy house, he wrote poetry. | 在疯人院里 他写诗 |
[12:28] | Worked on an unfinished opera. | 继续创作一部未完成的歌剧 |
[12:31] | Anything to keep his mind off the Demon whisperings, | 他拼命想逃脱恶魔的低语 |
[12:34] | but he never got any relief. | 但这些并未带给他解脱 |
[12:36] | It was telling him to do things. | 它指使他做事 |
[12:39] | Commanding him. | 命令他 |
[12:42] | One night, | 一天晚上 |
[12:43] | Edward escaped the asylum. | 爱德华从病房里逃走了 |
[12:54] | And he ended up where we all do. | 他随后落得跟我们一样 |
[12:57] | At the freak show. | 加入了畸形秀 |
[12:58] | They billed him as the Two Faced Prince. | 广告上把他称为双面王子 |
[13:02] | And he’d show off all the refined skills he’d learned | 他先展现他作为英国富家子弟的一面 |
[13:04] | as the scion of one of England’s grand families. | 向观众表演他学到的各种高雅技艺 |
[13:08] | And then he’d take a bow. | 然后他一鞠躬 |
[13:14] | And he was happy? | 他觉得快乐 是吗 |
[13:17] | He’d found a home with others like himself. | 他终于找到了和他一样的人组成的大家庭 |
[13:21] | There was no one like Edward. | 没人和他一样 |
[13:24] | He wasn’t happy. | 他并不快乐 |
[13:27] | One Halloween night, | 在一个万圣节之夜 |
[13:29] | Edward snapped. | 爱德华爆发了 |
[13:32] | He murdered every freak in the troupe. | 他把团里所有的畸形人都杀了 |
[13:43] | And then he hung himself. | 然后上吊自杀了 |
[13:49] | Legend has it that even in death, | 据传 直到他死了 |
[13:51] | the Demon face was smiling. | 那张魔脸仍在微笑 |
[13:54] | So, | 那么 |
[13:56] | we don’t perform on Halloween night out of respect? | 我们是出于对他的敬意才不在万圣节演出吗 |
[14:00] | Out of fear, darling. | 是出于恐惧 亲爱的 |
[14:02] | If any freak performs on Halloween, | 万圣节晚上 要是有畸形人表演 |
[14:03] | they summon the spirit of Edward Mordrake | 就会召唤出爱德华·莫德里克 |
[14:06] | and his Demon half-face. | 以及他那张魔脸的灵魂 |
[14:08] | Once he appears, he never leaves alone. | 一旦出现 他就不会单独离去 |
[14:13] | That whispering face will choose one more freak | 那张低语的脸会选择一个畸形人 |
[14:15] | to take with him back to hell. | 一同带回地狱 |
[14:17] | What a bunch of bunk! | 真是胡说八道 |
[14:19] | What are you trying to scare them for? | 你为什么要吓唬她们 |
[14:20] | It’s not bunk. | 这不是胡说 |
[14:22] | It’s true. | 这是真的 |
[14:23] | I can swear to it. | 我可以发誓 |
[14:25] | In ’32, when I was with Barnum, | 32年 我还在巴纳姆马戏团时 |
[14:27] | they made us perform on Halloween. | 他们逼我们在万圣节表演 |
[14:31] | Something visited the circus grounds that night. | 当晚绝对有东西造访了马戏团营地 |
[14:33] | ‘Cause the next morning, Clyde Hendershot, | 因为第二天早晨 克莱德·亨德肖特 |
[14:37] | the astounding human cannonball, | 超级人肉炮弹 |
[14:39] | all three feet, four inches of him, | 身高三尺四 |
[14:41] | was found hanging in his caravan. | 被发现吊死在他的大篷车里 |
[14:43] | Yup. | 千真万确 |
[14:44] | His head twisted clean around. | 他的头被转了整整180度 |
[14:47] | His dead eyes staring backwards. | 呆滞的眼睛瞪着后面 |
[14:50] | A smile on his face. | 脸上挂着微笑 |
[14:52] | Just like Edward Mordrake’s second face. | 就和爱德华·莫德里克的第二张脸一模一样 |
[14:59] | Enough. | 够了 |
[15:10] | What? | 怎么了 |
[15:11] | What the hell was all that about? | 刚刚那是怎么回事 |
[15:12] | Carny lore. | 马戏团传说 |
[15:14] | Not that. The drinking! | 不是那个 你怎么又喝酒了 |
[15:15] | Ma, you swore off the stuff. | 妈 你发誓要戒掉的 |
[15:17] | Well, I’m swearing back on. | 那我收回誓言 |
[15:19] | Why? What is it– Dell? | 为什么 是因为戴尔吗 |
[15:21] | You been on edge ever since he got here. | 自从他来了你就一直很紧张 |
[15:22] | You don’t know shit! | 你什么都不知道 |
[15:24] | Matter of fact, I’m glad he’s here. | 事实是 我很高兴他来了 |
[15:26] | We need a man around this dump. | 这破地方需要个男人 |
[15:28] | Means you’re free to go. | 也就是说你可以走了 |
[15:31] | Oh, don’t give me that look. | 别那样看着我 |
[15:33] | You know you been itching to take off. | 反正你也早就想离开了 |
[15:43] | Dora? | 朵拉 |
[15:45] | I need your help. | 我需要你帮忙 |
[15:47] | It’s almost sundown. | 已经快日落了 |
[15:50] | Why do I got to be a bird this year? | 为什么我今年要扮成一只鸟 |
[15:52] | Because Woody Woodpecker is Dandy’s favorite cartoon. | 因为啄木鸟伍迪是丹迪最喜欢的卡通角色 |
[15:56] | Have you practiced? | 你练习了吗 |
[16:00] | That’ll do in a pinch. | 还凑合 |
[16:02] | Do you think this will cheer him up? | 你觉得他会喜欢吗 |
[16:04] | Here he comes. | 他来了 |
[16:05] | Ask him yourself. | 您亲自问他吧 |
[16:08] | How was your nap, darling? | 睡得好吗 亲爱的 |
[16:10] | Are you ready for some Halloween fun? | 准备好享受万圣节了吗 |
[16:12] | Yes. I can’t wait to go trick-or-treating | 当然 我等不及去玩不给糖就捣蛋 |
[16:14] | and terrorize the neighborhood. | 好好吓吓那些邻居了 |
[16:16] | There’s a curfew. No one’s going out. | 现在有宵禁 大家都不能出门 |
[16:19] | Curfews are for the poor people. | 穷人才有宵禁 |
[16:20] | We can have our own Halloween here. | 我们可以在这儿过万圣节 |
[16:23] | We’ll have a costume contest. | 我们来办一场化装比赛 |
[16:26] | Can you guess who I am? | 你能猜出我是谁吗 |
[16:27] | Doris Duke. Again. | 桃瑞丝·杜克 你每年都扮她 |
[16:30] | Dandy, you’re so clever. | 丹迪 你真是太聪明了 |
[16:31] | Dora? Bring out Dandy’s costume. | 朵拉 把丹迪的服装拿出来 |
[16:35] | Dora worked on it for a month, with my guidance, of course. | 朵拉做了一个月 当然是在我的指导下 |
[16:44] | Howdy Doody? | 胡迪·都迪 |
[16:52] | Howdy Doody! | 胡迪·都迪 |
[16:54] | You ungrateful little… | 你个没良心的小… |
[16:54] | Dora, if Dandy doesn’t like his costume, | 朵拉 如果丹迪不喜欢他的服装 |
[16:56] | we’ll make another. | 我们可以再做一套 |
[16:57] | There’s no time for that, mother! | 已经没时间了 妈妈 |
[16:59] | I’ll go into town and buy one. | 我去镇里再买一套 |
[17:00] | I think I can make it if I still hurry. | 如果我动作快点应该还来得及 |
[17:03] | Your mother might be afraid of you, but I’m not. | 你妈妈也许怕你 但我不怕 |
[17:07] | Clean up this mess, maid. | 把这烂摊子收拾了 仆人 |
[17:09] | I work for Miss Gloria. | 我是为歌莉娅小姐干活儿的 |
[17:45] | Halloween was Meep’s favorite holiday. | 万圣节是米普最喜欢的节日 |
[17:49] | He loved to dress up. | 他喜欢装扮 |
[17:51] | Hear the screams of the… of the kids | 还有他偷偷把鸡头 |
[17:55] | when he’d sneak the occasional chicken head in their bag of candy. | 塞进糖果袋时 那些小孩子的尖叫声 |
[18:00] | It was the one day he felt like he could be one of them. | 只有这一天 他会觉得自己和那些人一样 |
[18:08] | But we know this man. | 但我们了解他 |
[18:10] | And he wasn’t one of them. | 他和他们不一样 |
[18:13] | He was better. | 他比他们强 |
[18:18] | We’ll all miss you, Meep. | 我们都会想你的 米普 |
[18:24] | Here’s to you, Meep. | 这是敬你的 米普 |
[18:26] | It’s a little something to lighten the load | 在你穿过死亡的阴谷时 |
[18:27] | as you walk through the valley of the shadows. | 为你稍稍减轻点负担 |
[18:38] | Amen. | 阿门 |
[18:39] | Amen. | 阿门 |
[18:40] | – Amen. – Amen. | -阿门 -阿门 |
[19:01] | We’re closed. | 我们打烊了 |
[19:03] | There’s no show today. | 今天没有演出 |
[19:07] | I’m not a customer. | 我不是客人 |
[19:09] | I’m looking for a job. | 我是来找工作的 |
[19:10] | Here? | 来我们这儿 |
[19:13] | You made a mistake. | 你一定是搞错了 |
[19:13] | Believe me, you don’t belong here. | 相信我 你不属于这里 |
[19:15] | I came all the way from Philadelphia. | 我可是大老远从费城赶来的 |
[19:19] | My name is Mystic Miss Esmeralda. | 我是神秘者埃斯梅拉达小姐 |
[19:21] | I’m a fortune teller. | 是个占卜师 |
[19:33] | I never agreed to this! | 我可没同意 |
[19:36] | You’re being selfish. | 你太自私了 |
[19:38] | I have talent. | 有才华的是我 |
[19:39] | And a man who wants to marry me and have babies. | 而且有个男人想和我结婚生子 |
[19:43] | It’s all coming true. | 我的梦想都要成真了 |
[19:44] | But none of it is possible with you here. | 但你是唯一的绊脚石 |
[19:47] | He’ll never marry you. | 他不会娶你的 |
[19:49] | Without me, you’re just another Plain Jane with big dreams. | 没有了我 你也不过是个空怀白日梦的普通女孩 |
[19:55] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[19:59] | – I’ve decided to use the Luck Bone Saw. – What is that? | -我决定用”好运”牌骨锯 -这是什么 |
[20:02] | It’s the first motorized bone-cutting device | 这是第一台电动锯骨器 |
[20:06] | that can be sterilized repeatedly without damaging the drive train. | 可以不断地进行消毒 且不破坏传动系统 |
[20:09] | – Please no. – Oh, it’ll be over | -不要 -你都感觉不到什么 |
[20:11] | before you even feel anything. I told you. | 就结束了 我都说了 |
[20:13] | Tell her, Doctor. | 你跟她说 医生 |
[20:15] | Please don’t! | 求你别这样 |
[20:17] | I’m begging you! | 求你了 |
[20:19] | – Count backwards from a hundred. – Please don’t. | -从100倒数 -不要 |
[20:22] | Thank you, God, | 感谢上帝 |
[20:23] | for making me separate and whole. | 让我终于得以独立和完整 |
[20:27] | And please… | 我也请求你 |
[20:29] | take good care of Bette. | 照顾好贝特 |
[20:37] | Wake up, Dot. | 醒醒 多特 |
[20:39] | Wake up. | 醒醒 |
[20:41] | Wake up. | 快醒醒 |
[20:45] | I was having the most beautiful dream. | 我正在做一个特别美的梦呢 |
[20:48] | Why did you wake me? | 干吗叫醒我 |
[20:50] | Because I was trapped inside that dream, | 因为我被困在那个梦里了 |
[20:53] | and for me it was a nightmare. | 对我来说 那是场噩梦 |
[20:55] | You can’t hold me responsible for my dreams. | 我又控制不了梦境 |
[20:59] | It wasn’t a dream the last time you tried to kill me. | 上一次你想杀了我可不是在梦里 |
[21:06] | Aren’t you afraid you’d miss me? | 你不怕你会想念我吗 |
[21:11] | I’d miss you. | 我会想你的 |
[21:13] | Mean as you are sometimes. | 虽然你有时很凶 |
[21:17] | Although sometimes I wonder who you are since we came here. | 不过自我们来到这里 我有时会觉得认不出你 |
[21:21] | I’ll tell you who I am. | 我告诉你我是什么样的人 |
[21:24] | I’m someone who’s not afraid to do what it takes. | 我不怕付出任何代价 |
[21:28] | I’m going to work hard, save my money | 我要努力工作 攒钱 |
[21:30] | and find a doctor who will do that surgery. | 找到愿做分体手术的医生 |
[21:40] | This life isn’t making either one of us happy, Bette. | 这样子我们俩都不快乐 贝特 |
[21:44] | But one of us will die. | 但我们中会有一人死去 |
[21:46] | And one of us has a chance at happiness. | 我们中会有一人有机会得到幸福 |
[22:12] | Every fortune teller I’ve ever met | 我从没见过 |
[22:16] | came with a darker complexion. | 白人占卜师 |
[22:18] | She’s not Gypsy, but | 她不是吉普赛人 但是 |
[22:21] | I think she’s the real thing. | 我觉得她有点本事 |
[22:24] | You let me be the judge. | 我来判断吧 |
[22:27] | I’m not so easily distracted by a pretty face. | 我没那么容易被漂亮脸蛋迷惑 |
[22:33] | Go. | 叫她进来 |
[22:40] | So, you’re a fortune teller? | 你是占卜师吗 |
[22:42] | I didn’t choose the gift, Elsa. | 不是我选择了这个天赋 艾莎 |
[22:47] | It chose me. | 是它选了我 |
[22:53] | Show me, Esmeralda. | 给我看看 埃斯梅拉达 |
[22:55] | Tell me my future. | 告诉我我的未来 |
[23:30] | Spirits are like shadows at night. | 鬼魂如同夜晚的阴影 |
[23:33] | Invisible without a guiding light. | 没有指明灯就看不见 |
[23:36] | They only speak if they sense a receptive audience. | 只有有人乐意倾听时 他们才会开口 |
[23:39] | Open your heart, Elsa. | 敞开你的心 艾莎 |
[23:42] | Listen to their words. | 倾听他们的言语 |
[23:50] | I see many dark tidings. | 我看到很多不幸 |
[23:53] | In the past, you suffered a grave injustice. | 你过去曾遭受不公 |
[23:58] | A terrible wrong. | 天大的委屈 |
[24:01] | All because of greed and jealousy. | 只因为贪婪和妒忌 |
[24:08] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[24:12] | A woman. | 一个女人 |
[24:14] | She looks like you. | 她长得跟你很像 |
[24:17] | Music. | 音乐声 |
[24:22] | Your voice, | 你的声音 |
[24:24] | so clear, so… | 如此清晰 如此 |
[24:26] | so strong. I can hear them now. | 如此有力 我现在就能听到 |
[24:29] | An ovation. | 欢呼喝彩 |
[24:33] | But not for you. | 但不是为你 |
[24:40] | Marlene. | 是为玛琳 |
[24:42] | That bitch. | 那个贱人 |
[24:44] | She stole my career. | 她窃取了我的事业 |
[24:47] | You see that in the ball? | 你从水晶球里看到的吗 |
[24:53] | She’s gone. | 她不见了 |
[24:55] | But I can hear another song now. | 但我现在能听到另一首歌 |
[24:59] | The future. | 未来 |
[25:05] | It’s your song, Elsa, and it’s… | 是你的歌声 艾莎 这是 |
[25:09] | it’s the most heartbreaking music I’ve ever heard. | 是我听过最令人心碎的歌声 |
[25:15] | They’re cheering now. | 他们在欢呼 |
[25:17] | The applause sounds like thunder. | 掌声雷动 |
[25:20] | For me? | 为我吗 |
[25:22] | Is there still a chance? | 还有机会吗 |
[25:28] | It’s never too late. | 永远不晚 |
[25:31] | You’re like the aster that blooms in the fall. | 你就像秋天盛开的紫苑 |
[25:36] | I see a man standing behind you. | 我看到一个男人站在你身后 |
[25:41] | Who is it? | 是谁 |
[25:42] | An-an elegant, refined… | 一位优雅高贵的 |
[25:46] | stranger. | 陌生人 |
[25:48] | With dark hair and… | 他有黑色的头发 |
[25:49] | and piercing eyes. | 锐利的目光 |
[25:52] | An impresario. | 他是个乐队指挥 |
[25:54] | Under his guidance, | 在他的指引下 |
[25:56] | he’ll make you a star. | 你将成为明星 |
[26:02] | Esmeralda? | 埃斯梅拉达 |
[26:07] | You’re hired. | 你被录用了 |
[26:17] | Trick or treat? | 不给糖就捣蛋 |
[26:24] | Oh, no, none for me, sweet cheeks. | 我就算了 甜心 |
[26:27] | Got to stay sharp. | 我得保持清醒 |
[26:31] | Looking good, sugar. | 你看起来真棒 宝贝 |
[26:34] | Ooh, coming down here and taking over! | 跑来这里 揽过大权 |
[26:42] | This place is gonna be good for us. | 这里会适合我们 |
[26:45] | I can feel it. | 我能感觉到 |
[26:50] | Oh, baby. | 宝贝 |
[26:53] | Ooh, I’ve missed you. | 我好想你 |
[27:21] | Ah, damn it. | 倒霉 |
[27:25] | Sorry, baby. | 抱歉 宝贝 |
[27:27] | It’s all the weight lifting | 都是举重的缘故 |
[27:28] | has got the blood rushing to other places. | 我血都充到别的地方了 |
[27:29] | Not again, Dell. | 怎么又这样 戴尔 |
[27:31] | I can’t take this shit no more. | 我受够了 |
[27:34] | It’s just… you came on too strong. | 只是 你太强势了 |
[27:36] | You got to give me some time. | 你得给我点时间 |
[27:37] | Heard it all before. | 又是这套 |
[27:39] | Too much hooch, too tired, too cold. | 喝多了 太累了 太冷了 |
[27:43] | I could get more satisfaction from a doorknob. | 门把手都比你强 |
[27:47] | You should be kissing my boots. | 你应该巴结我才对 |
[27:49] | I deserve some goddamn respect! | 你该对我放尊重点 |
[27:52] | If it wasn’t for me, you’d be in the gutter. | 要不是我 你根本一文不值 |
[27:54] | Get your paws off of me, or you’ll never see me again. | 把你的手拿开 否则别想再见到我 |
[28:08] | Desi… | 德茜 |
[28:27] | Son of a bitch! | 倒霉催的 |
[28:30] | Whew, somebody’s mad at somebody. | 有人在生某人的气啊 |
[28:33] | Fight with Triple Tits? | 和三乳吵架啦 |
[28:37] | Don’t you talk like that about her. | 不许你这样说她 |
[28:40] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[28:41] | Sit down, share some hooch. | 坐下喝点酒 |
[28:51] | I need to talk to you anyway. | 我正好要找你谈谈 |
[28:54] | I got a favor to ask. | 我需要你帮个忙 |
[28:57] | Drunk and asking for favors? | 又喝酒又求人 |
[28:59] | That’s not the Ethel I seem to remember. | 和我记忆中的艾瑟尔不太一样啊 |
[29:02] | What was the fight about, anyway? | 你们为什么吵架啊 |
[29:03] | Couldn’t get it up? | 你硬不起来吗 |
[29:07] | It’s none of your business. | 不关你的事 |
[29:11] | What was our problem, you think? | 你觉得我们当时的问题在哪 |
[29:13] | Well, you got a beard, for starters. | 首先 你有胡子 |
[29:19] | So, when we conceived Jimmy, you didn’t love me at all? | 那我们怀上吉米时 你根本不爱我吗 |
[29:26] | Come on, Dell, fess up. | 说吧 戴尔 说实话 |
[29:30] | Nah. | 不爱 |
[29:32] | Don’t you know that men will jump on the first available pussy? | 你难道不知道男人对能上的屄从不挑剔吗 |
[29:40] | I could’ve been a better dad. | 我本可以当个更好的爸爸 |
[29:41] | Well, that’s the damn truth. | 这倒不假 |
[29:45] | Yeah, listen, | 听着 |
[29:47] | he is never, ever to know you’re his pa. | 他绝不能知道你是他父亲 |
[29:52] | Never. | 绝不能 |
[29:53] | – You got that? – You’re a broken record, Ethel. | -知道了吗 -你真是唠叨个没完 艾瑟尔 |
[29:55] | Whoa, whoa, wait a minute. | 等等 等等 |
[29:58] | W-When we was talking about moving to the burbs, | 我们当初讨论搬去郊区 |
[30:01] | and I showed you that brochure for Levittown… | 我给你看莱维敦的宣传册时 |
[30:07] | …why’d you lead me on? | 你为什么不实话实说 |
[30:09] | I led you on for about five minutes. | 我也就骗了你五分钟 |
[30:12] | I felt guilty. | 我心里有愧 |
[30:15] | Well, we… | 我们 |
[30:17] | we never would’ve made it out there, anyway. | 我们反正也去不成的 |
[30:20] | Cookie cutter was never in our cards. | 那种日子与我们无缘 |
[30:24] | What’s with all the questions, Ethel? | 你怎么了 艾瑟尔 |
[30:27] | What, is the booze getting you sentimental? | 喝酒让你多愁善感了吗 |
[30:29] | Jimmy’s lost. | 吉米迷失了自我 |
[30:32] | Your son is floundering. | 你儿子在痛苦挣扎 |
[30:34] | He’s got one foot in this life, one foot out there. | 他一只脚还在这儿 一只脚踏进了外面世界 |
[30:37] | Well, from what I can see, he listens to you pretty good. | 在我看来 他很听你话 |
[30:39] | Well… I’m dying. | 我快要死了 |
[30:44] | Yep. | 没错 |
[30:45] | With any luck, it’ll be sooner than later. | 希望不会拖太久 |
[30:47] | He’s gonna need some guidance, | 他会需要指引 |
[30:50] | and preferably from a man. | 最好是个男人的指引 |
[30:53] | Come on, can’t you be decent? | 拜托 行行好 |
[30:55] | Keep-keep an eye on him, for Christ’s sake? | 照顾着点他 好吗 求求你 |
[30:59] | Make him get out in the world I was afraid of, | 让他迈入那个我害怕的世界 |
[31:02] | make something out of himself. | 让他有点作为 |
[31:08] | Weird. | 真奇怪 |
[31:11] | You know what I was wondering this morning? | 你知道我今早在想什么吗 |
[31:15] | What it would’ve been like if I’d have stuck around, | 如果我留在他身边 看着他长大 |
[31:18] | seen him grow up. | 那会是什么样 |
[31:20] | Seen him put on his little Halloween outfit. | 看着他穿上万圣节服装 |
[31:26] | What did he like dressing up as? | 他喜欢打扮成什么 |
[31:29] | He always wanted to be the same thing. | 他的扮相从不变 |
[31:33] | He wanted to be a soldier. | 他想成为一名士兵 |
[32:04] | You! | 你个小家伙 |
[33:06] | You don’t scare me. | 你吓不到我 |
[33:08] | I raised you since you were this high. | 从你这么高的时候 我就一直照顾你 |
[33:11] | I found those poor animals you killed behind the house. | 我发现了你在后院杀的那些可怜的动物 |
[33:14] | I told your mother all about it. | 我都告诉你妈妈了 |
[33:18] | If it happens again, I’m calling the police. | 如果你再犯 我就报警 |
[33:22] | Do you hear me? | 听明白了吗 |
[33:23] | Now, tell me the truth. | 跟我说实话 |
[33:25] | Did you have anything to do with that mess in town? | 镇上那些事跟你有关吗 |
[33:30] | Oh, you gonna kill me? | 你还打算杀了我吗 |
[33:32] | Go on, do it. | 来啊 杀啊 |
[33:36] | Just like I thought. | 我就猜到了 |
[33:38] | You couldn’t have possibly killed those people. | 不可能是你杀了那些人 |
[33:40] | You don’t have the guts. | 你没那胆子 |
[33:44] | Shut your piehole, Dora! | 闭上你的臭嘴 朵拉 |
[33:47] | Or I will kill you! | 否则我杀了你 |
[33:48] | Oh, really? Then kill me. | 是吗 那来杀我啊 |
[33:50] | Go on! | 来啊 |
[33:51] | I dare you! | 你敢 |
[34:03] | I hate you, Dora. | 我恨你 朵拉 |
[34:06] | I hate you, I hate you, I hate you! | 我恨你 我恨你 我恨你 |
[34:11] | Believe me, boy, I hate you, too. | 相信我 小子 我也恨你 |
[34:24] | Hello? | 哪位 |
[34:24] | I got to cut out. I can’t do this. | 我得停手 我做不来 |
[34:26] | Hey. Calm down. | 冷静 |
[34:29] | Did you do what I told you? | 你按我说的做了吗 |
[34:30] | Yes. I’m in. | 是的 我打进去了 |
[34:32] | Okay. Well, what’s wrong? | 好吧 怎么了 |
[34:36] | The freaks. | 那些畸形人 |
[34:37] | They’re everywhere. | 他们无处不在 |
[34:39] | Pinheads. Stump girl. | 小头人 半身女 |
[34:40] | Seal man. | 海豹手 |
[34:42] | Even when I close my eyes, I still see them. | 即使闭上眼睛 我还能看见他们 |
[34:45] | They give me the heebie-jeebies. | 他们让我特别心慌 |
[34:48] | You won’t believe what I ran into today. | 你绝不会相信我今天撞见什么了 |
[34:50] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[34:53] | I thought customers weren’t allowed back here. | 客人不是不准到后面来吗 |
[34:55] | Well, they’re not. She’s one of us. | 是不准 她是我们的一员 |
[34:59] | Bette, Dot, | 贝特 多特 |
[35:00] | meet Esmeralda, | 这是埃斯梅拉达 |
[35:01] | our new spiritualist. | 我们的新占卜师 |
[35:03] | Come by my tent anytime. | 欢迎随时来我帐篷 |
[35:05] | I’ll give you a free reading. | 免费给你们占卜 |
[35:07] | I’m sure that’s not the only thing you give away for free. | 那一定不是你免费提供的唯一服务 |
[35:17] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[35:17] | Conjoined twins? | 连体双胞胎 |
[35:20] | We hit the jackpot! | 中大奖了 |
[35:24] | Where are they attached? | 她们是哪里连着的 |
[35:26] | Do they have four limbs or eight? | 是四肢还是八肢 |
[35:27] | What’s the difference? | 有什么区别吗 |
[35:28] | The size of the jar I have to get. | 我得按这个定装她们的坛子大小 |
[35:36] | You never said anything about murder. | 你可没提过杀人的事 |
[35:38] | I’m not spending the rest of my life in jail. | 我才不要在监狱度过余生 |
[35:40] | Nobody cares what happens to the freak. | 没人会在意那些畸形人出什么事 |
[35:43] | The only proper question is how we display the body: | 唯一的问题在于我们如何展示尸体 |
[35:46] | under formaldehyde or vacuum-sealed? | 是用甲醛泡着还是真空封装 |
[35:48] | Trust me, you do what I tell you, | 相信我 你按我说的做 |
[35:50] | we are gonna break the bank on this one. | 我们会赚疯了的 |
[35:51] | I’ll be there, but… | 我会过去的… |
[35:53] | after I take care of my business. | 不过我得先处理完自己的事 |
[35:56] | Shit on a stick, I got to go. | 麻烦来了 我得挂了 |
[36:18] | There’s a curfew out tonight, | 今晚有宵禁 |
[36:20] | starting at 8:00. | 8点开始 |
[36:25] | Still got a good ten minutes, bub. | 还有10分钟呢 兄弟 |
[36:27] | One tick over, I’m hauling you two right to jail. | 再磨叽我就把你俩都抓监狱去 |
[36:31] | I’m sorry, Officer. | 很抱歉 警官 |
[36:33] | I had to call my grandmother. | 我刚在给我祖母打电话 |
[36:34] | She has been awful sick lately. | 她最近病得很重 |
[36:36] | I promise we’ll head home right away. | 我保证我们马上就回家 |
[36:41] | Look, you look like a nice, Christian girl. Take my advice. | 你看上去像个好基督徒 听我的劝 |
[36:45] | Stop hanging around with troublemakers. | 别跟惹是生非的人在一起了 |
[36:49] | Why are we getting rousted? | 为什么要赶我们 |
[36:52] | ‘Cause of Meep? | 是因为米普吗 |
[36:54] | Or what you cops did to him? | 还是因为你们警察对他做的事 |
[36:56] | Keep talking, motormouth. | 继续说啊 废话包 |
[36:58] | My watch is running fast. | 我的表走得可快了 |
[37:03] | Cool it. | 冷静 |
[37:05] | We’re going now. | 我们这就走了 |
[37:08] | Right, Jimmy? | 对吧 吉米 |
[37:13] | Yeah, let’s blow. | 是啊 我们走吧 |
[37:15] | Place smells like pig shit, anyway. | 反正这地方跟猪屎一样臭 |
[37:22] | You know… | 说起来 |
[37:24] | …I’ve never done it with a Viking god before. | 我还从没跟维京神灵做过呢 |
[37:26] | But, uh… aren’t you missing something, Thor? | 不过 你是不是忘了什么东西 托尔 |
[37:30] | What, a hammer? | 什么 锤子吗 |
[37:36] | A sword. | 宝剑 |
[37:47] | Come here. | 过来 |
[37:48] | Now… | 好了 |
[37:52] | …take off | 脱掉 |
[37:55] | my pants. | 我的裤子 |
[38:10] | Holy Christ. | 我的天 |
[38:32] | I can’t wait for Halloween to be over. | 我都等不及万圣节快点结束了 |
[38:35] | All the kids jacked up on sugar. | 孩子们全都吃糖吃兴奋了 |
[38:37] | I’d rather that than have them watch TV. | 那也比让他们看电视强 |
[38:39] | I swear, Dragnet is going to be | 我跟你说 《法网恢恢》 |
[38:42] | the downfall of American culture. | 会导致美国文化的衰败 |
[39:08] | Hey, give it back! | 还给我 |
[39:10] | I might give you some of my candy | 如果你答应帮我做一星期家务 |
[39:13] | if you promise to do my chores for a week. | 那我也许会把我的糖给你一些 |
[39:17] | And you call me Master Mike from now on. | 还有 从现在起你要叫我麦克大人 |
[39:22] | Say it. | 说 |
[39:23] | “Master Mike, I promise to do all your chores for a week.” | 麦克大人 我答应帮你做一星期家务 |
[39:33] | What’s the matter with you? | 你怎么了 |
[39:45] | What happened? | 出什么事了 |
[39:46] | Where’s your brother? | 你哥哥呢 |
[39:48] | The clown took him. | 小丑把他抓走了 |
[40:01] | You don’t come in until here, stupid. | 你到这儿才开始唱 蠢货 |
[40:05] | Well, I can’t do anything right when you talk to me so mean. | 你对我这么刻薄我什么都做不好 |
[40:09] | You’re twenty minutes late. | 你们迟到了20分钟 |
[40:11] | We’ve decided it’s a bad idea. | 我们觉得这样不好 |
[40:13] | You never know what could summon Mr. Mordrake. | 说不好什么能把莫德里克先生召唤来呢 |
[40:16] | Even a rehearsal is risky business. | 哪怕只是彩排都很冒险 |
[40:18] | You carnies are so superstitious. | 你们这些马戏团的真迷信 |
[40:22] | He’s a myth. | 他是个传说 |
[40:23] | I am the only myth around here. | 我是这里唯一的传说 |
[40:26] | They’re not concerned about Mordrake. | 她们完全不担心莫德里克 |
[40:28] | – I’m trying to tell… – Of course they’re not. | -我想告诉… -那是当然 |
[40:30] | Simply a superstition. | 那不过是个迷信 |
[40:32] | You two run along, now. | 你们俩可以走了 |
[40:35] | A clairvoyant has sworn to me | 一位占卜师告诉我 |
[40:37] | that a very important gentleman will be arriving very soon | 有位非常重要的先生马上就要到来 |
[40:41] | to reinvigorate my career. | 再度振兴我的事业 |
[40:43] | So I must rehearse some new material. | 所以我必须彩排点新节目 |
[40:46] | Well, you can rehearse when we’re done. | 你可以等我们完事了再彩排 |
[40:49] | We’re the headliners. | 我们可是招牌 |
[40:52] | A bit of applause | 一个双头女孩 |
[40:55] | for a two-headed girl who sings a song, | 唱首歌赢得了一点掌声 |
[40:58] | and you think you can push me out? | 你就以为可以把我挤走了吗 |
[41:01] | We should probably discuss our salary, | 我们也许该谈谈薪水问题 |
[41:04] | since we are now the star attraction. | 毕竟现在我们才是耀眼的明星了 |
[41:06] | How dare you? | 你好大的胆子 |
[41:08] | I have been a star for decades now! | 我已经当了几十年的明星 |
[41:11] | You are nothing… | 你们算什么东西 |
[41:12] | nothing but a two-headed freak | 不过是个双头怪物 |
[41:15] | stumbling around the stage, squeaking out | 在舞台上跌跌撞撞 哼哼唧唧 |
[41:19] | a crummy tune. | 唱首破曲子 |
[41:23] | Go back to your tent and stay there, | 滚回你们的帐篷好好待着 |
[41:27] | or I will take you into the swamp | 不然我就带你们去沼泽地 |
[41:30] | and leave you there. | 把你们丢在那儿 |
[41:50] | What are you staring at? Hmm? | 看什么看 |
[41:53] | Do you value your jobs around here?! | 还想保住工作吗 |
[41:58] | Then walk those long legs up to the piano. | 那就迈开长腿去钢琴那儿 |
[42:00] | And you… | 你 |
[42:01] | pick up those drumsticks and start banging. | 拿起鼓槌 敲打起来 |
[42:05] | Schnell! | 赶紧的 |
[42:19] | *In the land of gods and monsters* | *在这神与怪的世界* |
[42:23] | *I was an angel* | *我是一个天使* |
[42:27] | *Living in the garden of evil* | *住在恶的花园* |
[42:30] | *Screwed up, scared* | *不堪 畏惧* |
[42:32] | *Doing anything that I needed* | *无所不用其极* |
[42:37] | *Shining like a fiery beacon* | *像灯塔一般火热发亮* |
[42:40] | *You got that medicine I need* | *你有我需要的良药* |
[42:45] | *Fame, liquor, love* | *名声 美酒 爱情* |
[42:47] | *Give it to me slowly* | *慢慢地给我吧* |
[42:50] | *Put your hands on my waist* | *揽住我的腰* |
[42:53] | *Do it softly* | *动作温柔* |
[42:55] | *Me and God, we don’t get along* | *我和上帝 我们合不来* |
[42:58] | *So now I sing* | *所以我歌唱* |
[43:01] | *No one’s gonna take my soul away* | *谁都别想夺走我的灵魂* |
[43:06] | *I’m living like Jim Morrison* | *像吉姆·莫里森一样活得逍遥* |
[43:11] | *Headed towards a messed-up holiday* | *迎面冲向混乱和不堪* |
[43:15] | *Motel sprees, sprees and I’m singing* | *在汽车旅馆撒疯 我放声歌唱* |
[43:20] | *Oh, yeah, give it to me* | *都来吧* |
[43:22] | *This is heaven, what I truly want* | *这就是天堂 是我之所求* |
[43:28] | *It’s innocence lost* | *天真不再* |
[43:33] | *Innocence lost* | *天真不再* |
[43:41] | *When you talk, it’s like a movie* | *你的言语 像电影一般* |
[43:43] | *And you’re making me crazy* | *让我如痴如醉* |
[43:47] | *’Cause life imitates art* | *生活来自艺术* |
[43:51] | *If I get a little prettier* | *如果我再美一点* |
[43:54] | *Can I be your baby** | *我能成为你的宝贝吗* |
[43:57] | *You tell me life isn’t that hard* | *你告诉我生活并没有那么艰难* |
[44:01] | *No one’s gonna take my soul away* | *谁都别想夺走我的灵魂* |
[44:06] | *I’m living like Jim Morrison* | *像吉姆·莫里森一样活得逍遥* |
[44:12] | *Headed towards a messed-up holiday* | *迎面冲向混乱和不堪* |
[44:16] | *Motel sprees, sprees and I’m singing* | *在汽车旅馆撒疯 我放声歌唱* |
[44:20] | *Oh, yeah, give it to me* | *都来吧* |
[44:23] | *This is heaven, what I truly want* | *这就是天堂 是我之所求* |
[44:28] | *It’s innocence lost* | *天真不再* |
[44:34] | *Innocence lost.* | *天真不再* |
[46:17] | My companions startled you. | 我的朋友吓到你了 |
[46:19] | My sincerest apologies. | 非常抱歉 |
[46:22] | A good All Hallow’s Eve to you, madam. | 也祝你万圣节快乐 女士 |
[46:26] | Edward Mordrake. | 爱德华·莫德里克 |
[46:30] | At your service. | 为您服务 |
[46:32] | Well… I didn’t summon you. | 我没召唤你啊 |
[46:35] | It matters not who summoned us. | 是谁召唤了我们无所谓 |
[46:37] | Only that we have been summoned. | 但我们已经被召唤了 |
[46:39] | And now, sadly, we are here | 遗憾的是 既然我们来了 |
[46:42] | and cannot leave this place until we have added | 就必须带走一位畸形朋友 |
[46:45] | to our coterie of freakish companions. | 才能离开此地 |
[46:49] | You say “companions.” | 你说”朋友” |
[46:50] | You-you mean “victims.” | 是指被你杀害的人吧 |
[46:52] | It is not in my heart to make you | 我绝无心 |
[46:55] | or anyone else a victim, my good woman. | 害你或任何人 好女士 |
[46:57] | But the visage is unrelenting. | 但我的另一面残忍无情 |
[47:01] | I am its slave. | 我是它的奴隶 |
[47:02] | Silence! We have intruded upon this lady uninvited. | 住口 我们不请自来 叨扰了这位女士 |
[47:05] | Show some courtesy. | 礼貌点 |
[47:08] | You can’t take me with you. | 你不能把我带走 |
[47:11] | There’s so much I have left to do. | 我还有好多事要做 |
[47:14] | And my time is short as it is. | 而且我时日本就无多了 |
[47:16] | Would that it were in my power to grant reprieve. | 如果我能让你多活几日就好了 |
[47:19] | But if the vile countenance a-judges you a pure freak– | 但如果邪恶之脸认为你是纯粹的畸形 |
[47:23] | corrupted of flesh, befouled of soul– | 肉体堕落 灵魂腐朽 |
[47:25] | there can be no petition. | 那求情也没用了 |
[47:26] | Yes! You are vile! | 没错 你就是邪恶的 |
[47:28] | Vile and malevolent! | 邪恶 歹毒 |
[47:33] | I am sorry. | 抱歉 |
[47:36] | There are questions which must be asked. | 我有些问题必须问你 |
[47:39] | As indelicate as they may be. | 虽然有些过分 |
[47:42] | And you must be candid. | 你必须坦诚相告 |
[47:44] | If you lie… | 如果你撒谎 |
[47:47] | it will know. | 它会发现 |
[48:24] | You were not always in such a degraded state as this. | 你并非一直如此落魄 |
[48:29] | You have fallen. | 你堕落了 |
[48:30] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[48:32] | The story of your fall. | 说说你是如何堕落的 |
[48:34] | It would hear it from your own mouth. | 它要你亲口说出来 |
[48:41] | It’s true. | 是的 |
[48:42] | I have fallen. | 我堕落了 |
[48:45] | More than once. | 而且不止一次 |
[48:47] | And this backwater ain’t the worst of it. | 这破地方还不是最糟的 |
[48:53] | I had an act once. | 我以前有个表演 |
[48:56] | Slick as anything in vaudeville. | 非常风光 |
[48:59] | I’d surround myself with the prettiest girls I could find. | 我会找一群漂亮姑娘把我围住 |
[49:03] | And then I’d dare the audience to look at anything but me. | 然后看观众敢不敢只看着我 |
[49:08] | And they loved me for it. | 他们特别喜欢 |
[49:12] | I was the biggest thing to come out of Baltimore since Wallis Simpson. | 我是辛普森夫人之后名气最响的巴尔的摩人 |
[49:17] | Now, she landed herself a monarch. | 她给自己找了个国王 |
[49:20] | I ended up with something else– Dell. | 我却碰到了别人 戴尔 |
[49:26] | I think maybe he really… | 我觉得或许他 |
[49:30] | he really did love me at first. | 他起初真心爱过我 |
[49:32] | I know I was crazy about him. | 我对他可是死心塌地 |
[49:37] | He became my manager. | 他成了我的经纪人 |
[49:40] | Put all kinds of ideas in my head. | 给我灌输了好多想法 |
[49:42] | Told me I shouldn’t be doing popular tunes | 说我不该跳流行歌曲 |
[49:45] | and playing for laughs. | 逗人笑 |
[49:46] | He said rich folks don’t pay for low comedy. | 他说有钱人才不看低俗的喜剧呢 |
[49:49] | They want culture and art. | 他们喜欢文雅点的 |
[49:53] | He convinced me to leave the three-ring | 三圈剧团去巴黎时 |
[49:54] | when the show went to Paris. | 他说服我离开了他们 |
[49:57] | He’d manage me exclusive and we’d make a million. | 他说要做我的独家经纪人 说我们能挣大钱 |
[50:02] | Me as the bearded Bernhardt. | 我就是胡子文艺淑女 |
[50:06] | Romeo, Romeo! | 罗密欧 罗密欧 |
[50:07] | Wherefore art thou, Romeo? | 你在哪啊 罗密欧 |
[50:11] | Deny thy father and refuse thy name… | 与你父亲和家族断绝关系吧 |
[50:16] | But if thou wilt not… | 如果你不肯 |
[50:18] | be but sworn my love. | 只要你与我结下誓盟 |
[50:20] | Well, nobody wanted to see some hairy broad reciting the classics. | 没人想看胡子女人背诵经典文学 |
[50:24] | They laughed all right. | 他们是笑了 |
[50:26] | This time I wasn’t in on the joke. | 但这次我并不觉得好笑 |
[50:28] | I was the joke. | 他们笑的是我 |
[50:30] | How dreadful for you. | 太可怕了 |
[50:37] | What’s it saying? | 它说什么了 |
[50:40] | It knows you have a deeper pain. | 它知道你有更深的苦楚 |
[50:45] | A darker shame? | 更阴暗的羞耻 |
[50:51] | Yes. | 是的 |
[50:54] | When you returned to the States, | 你回到美国后 |
[50:58] | what happened? | 发生了什么 |
[51:04] | We were penniless. | 我们当时身无分文 |
[51:11] | I was carrying Dell’s child. | 我怀了戴尔的孩子 |
[51:15] | We couldn’t find carny work. | 我们找不到马戏团工作 |
[51:19] | And I couldn’t do my act– not in that condition. | 我没法表演 怀着孕可不行 |
[51:27] | So, Dell arranged… | 所以 戴尔 |
[51:33] | …A different kind of command performance. | 让我做了另一种表演 |
[51:36] | Grab some peanuts on your way in, sir. | 进去的时候顺道拿点花生吧 先生 |
[51:38] | Thank you so much. | 谢谢 |
[51:39] | Step right up, folks. | 快来吧 乡亲们 |
[51:40] | It’s the marvel of the century. | 世纪奇观 |
[51:42] | A live freak birth. | 现场直击畸形人生子 |
[51:44] | Something like you’ve never seen before. | 你们绝没看过这种场面 |
[51:46] | Right before your very eyes, a live freak birth. | 您能现场观看 畸形人生子 |
[51:49] | Right this way, sir! | 这边走 先生 |
[51:50] | Right before your very eyes, folks! | 您能亲眼看到 乡亲们 |
[52:07] | Look at his hands! It’s a monster! | 看他的手啊 是个怪物 |
[52:09] | It’s two bits to hold the monster baby! | 两角五分 就能抱抱怪物宝宝 |
[52:12] | Two bits! Would you like to hold him, sir? | 两角五分 想抱抱吗 先生 |
[52:14] | Two bits! | 两角五分 |
[52:15] | You, ma’am! Hold the monster baby! | 夫人呢 要抱抱怪物宝宝吗 |
[52:17] | It’s a freak! | 是个畸形人啊 |
[52:20] | My poor boy. | 我可怜的儿子 |
[52:24] | How could I have done that to him? | 我怎么能那么对他 |
[52:30] | He’s never known anything but exploitation right from the start. | 从他一生下来 就被人利用 |
[52:36] | I cursed my own child. | 我诅咒了我自己儿子的命运 |
[53:05] | Thank you for your pains, dear lady. | 有劳您了 女士 |
[53:10] | I’m sorry you had to relive any of this. | 很抱歉要让你重温这一切 |
[53:14] | I relive it every day. | 我天天都在重温 |
[53:30] | I’m ready. | 我准备好了 |
[53:35] | Take me to hell with you. | 带我去地狱吧 |
[53:38] | I deserve it. | 这是我活该 |
[53:42] | Not the one. | 不是她 |
[54:13] | *Trick or treat* | *不给糖 就捣蛋* |
[54:17] | *Trick or treat, trick or treat* | *不给糖 就捣蛋* |
[54:21] | *Find me something good to eat * | *给我找点好吃的* |
[54:29] | *Trick or treat, trick or treat* | *不给糖 就捣蛋* |
[54:34] | Trick or treat? | 不给糖 就捣蛋 |
[54:36] | Trick or treat, trick or treat, trick or treat? | 不给糖 就捣蛋 |
[54:42] | Trick or treat? | 是糖 还是捣蛋 |
[54:44] | Trick or treat, trick or treat? | 是糖 还是捣蛋 |
[54:46] | Trick or treat? | 是糖 还是捣蛋 |
[54:50] | Trick! | 捣蛋 |
[54:58] | Too short. | 太短了 |
[55:02] | Not for long. | 马上就弄好 |
[55:10] | Eureka! | 有了 |
[55:18] | That’ll do. | 这个就行了 |
[55:43] | More fun. | 又有玩的了 |