时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:30] | Best sellers on Audio presents | 有声读物畅销书系列之 |
[00:31] | Tales From Briarcliff by Lana Winters, | 《荆棘崖往事》 作者拉娜·温特斯 |
[00:34] | read by the author. | 由作者本人朗读 |
[00:36] | Chapter six, | 第六章 |
[00:37] | “The Gathering Storm.” | 风雨来袭 |
[00:41] | Behind the stone walls of Briarcliff, | 在荆棘崖那森森高墙之内 |
[00:44] | time had no meaning. | 时间是妄无的存在 |
[00:46] | The days themselves seemed to exist | 时光本身 像是穿行在 |
[00:48] | in a kind of perpetual twilight. | 永不散去的暮光之中 |
[00:52] | Life there was just a series of numbing cruelties | 那里的生活是由残暴和虐待 |
[00:55] | and humiliations, | 调和成的苦剂 |
[00:56] | all masquerading as something else. | 妄图粉饰太平的无谓挣扎 |
[01:01] | You weren’t conceived in love, but in hate. | 你并非由爱 却是因恨而生 |
[01:04] | I couldn’t wait to give you up. | 我恨不能早点把你抛弃 |
[01:07] | You’re an abomination. | 你是个孽种 |
[01:09] | You should never have been born. | 你根本不应该降生 |
[01:14] | I was in the third week of my confinement, | 在我入院的第三周 |
[01:17] | and a storm was coming. | 一场风暴降临荆棘崖 |
[01:19] | The nor’easter of ’64 | 64年的东北海岸的那场飓风 |
[01:21] | that brought so much devastation with it, | 带来了摧枯拉朽般的破坏 |
[01:23] | and for me, something else, | 而对我来说 另一场灾难 |
[01:26] | something far more savage even than nature. | 一场比天灾还要残暴的灾难 即将发生 |
[01:36] | Oliver Thredson was, | 奥利弗·史莱森 |
[01:38] | to all appearances, | 在所有人看来 |
[01:40] | a kindly figure, | 都是一个标准的好人 |
[01:42] | fatherly in his manner. | 慈父般的存在 |
[01:46] | This face he showed the world, | 他向世人展示的面孔 |
[01:48] | this face of sanity and benevolence, | 那充满仁义道德的圣人形象 |
[01:51] | that was his real mask. | 只是他的面具而已 |
[01:54] | Underneath lurked the real Oliver Thredson, | 在面具背后隐匿着真正的奥利弗·史莱森 |
[01:58] | an unspeakable monster. | 一个罪恶滔天的魔鬼 |
[02:02] | I loved you even when you were still in your mother’s womb. | 在你还没出世前 我就一直爱着你 |
[02:06] | I would have given anything to be a real father to you, | 为了成为你的父亲 我愿意付出一切 |
[02:08] | but she kept us apart. | 但她却将我们拆散 |
[02:11] | I had so much love to give you, son. | 我有那么多爱来不及给你 儿子 |
[02:15] | She stole it from you. | 都是她偷走了 |
[02:19] | From both of us. | 她偷走了我们两个人的爱 |
[02:28] | *Here comes the bride.* | *新娘驾到* |
[02:31] | Oh, my God. | 我的天啊 |
[02:36] | The Catholic Church bought this place in ’62, | 天主教会在1962年买下这里 |
[02:39] | and turned it into a sanitarium for the criminally insane. | 把它改成了一间收留精神病罪犯的疗养院 |
[02:43] | Legend has it that once you were committed at Briarcliff, | 据说 一旦被收入荆棘崖 |
[02:47] | you never got out. | 你绝无出路 |
[02:50] | The most famous resident was a serial killer named… | 其中最有名的病人是连环杀人魔… |
[02:53] | Bloody Face. | 血脸杀手 |
[02:56] | – Say “Bloody Face”. – Bloody Face. | -说”血脸杀手” -血脸杀手 |
[03:07] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[03:09] | Maybe it’s Bloody Face. | 或许是血脸杀手呢 |
[03:10] | Maybe it’s just old pipes. | 或许只是老管道 |
[03:20] | I can’t see. | 我什么也看不见 |
[03:22] | Let me see. | 让我看看 |
[03:23] | What? You scared, pussy? | 怎么 你怕了吗 胆小鬼 |
[03:29] | In Briarcliff… | 在荆棘崖… |
[03:32] | Oh, my God! What? What’s wrong? | 上帝啊 怎么了 怎么了 |
[03:34] | You’re such a prick. | 你这个烂鸟人 |
[03:36] | You are such a prick. | 你这个烂鸟人 |
[03:38] | Speaking of which… | 说到鸟… |
[03:39] | No. I want to know what’s in there. | 不要 我想知道里面有什么 |
[03:42] | Do it again and I’ll blow you. | 再把手伸进去 我就给你口交 |
[03:45] | Give me your phone. | 把你手机给我 |
[05:34] | And who did this drawing of you? | 这是谁给你画的啊 |
[05:37] | Bono. | 博诺 |
[05:39] | He was a bit tipsy on the airplane | 他在从索马里回来的飞机上 |
[05:41] | coming back from Somalia | 喝得有点高 |
[05:42] | and drew it on the cocktail napkin. | 就在鸡尾酒餐巾上开画 |
[05:44] | He’s quite good, isn’t he? | 还挺不错的 不是吗 |
[05:46] | Be sure and get an insert of that, Pete. | 记得给这画来个特写 皮特 |
[05:49] | So with six bestsellers, | 拥有六本畅销书 |
[05:52] | a reputation as the only one the men will open up to, | 获得”男士最佳倾诉对象”的称号 |
[05:55] | world leaders, stars, disgraced politicians, | 成为世界领袖 明星 以及昔日政要 |
[05:59] | who’s the one that got away? | 你还有什么遗憾吗 |
[06:01] | Is there anyone you lusted after that you missed? | 有没有什么人的离去令你念念不忘 |
[06:03] | That’s easy. Mao and Rielle Hunter. | 当然有 毛泽东和瑞尔·亨特 |
[06:06] | And she’s still lusting after Julian Assange. | 而且她还惦念着朱利安·阿桑奇 |
[06:09] | Uh, look, I know I said | 我知道我说过 |
[06:11] | no on-camera appearances for you, | 您是不会出镜的 |
[06:13] | but I love this whole bringing | 但我很喜欢这种 |
[06:15] | the chardonnay thing, | 倒上一杯夏敦埃酒 |
[06:16] | super casual, loving. | 舒适惬意 爱意浓浓的感觉 |
[06:18] | What about just that? | 就拍这些如何 |
[06:20] | I’m April, by the way. | 对了 我叫艾普丽 |
[06:22] | Marian. | 玛丽安 |
[06:22] | What a pleasure. | 非常荣幸 |
[06:23] | I saw your Norma at the Met. | 我在大都会博物院看到你的作品《诺尔玛》 |
[06:25] | Transcendent. | 堪称卓绝 |
[06:26] | She’s doing it in Bologna this summer. | 那是今年夏天她在博洛尼亚做的 |
[06:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:30] | I’ve got rehearsal; I’ve got to take off. | 我还要彩排 先走了 |
[06:32] | I’ll be back by 5:00. | 我会在5点回来 |
[06:36] | We have that Sondheim dinner birthday thing tonight. | 今晚我们还要跟桑德海姆庆生 |
[06:41] | Am I not the luckiest woman alive? | 我真是最幸运的女人 |
[06:46] | A little higher, babe. | 再高一点 亲爱的 |
[06:48] | Attaboy. | 干得好 |
[06:49] | Mm-mm, higher still. | 再往上点 |
[06:52] | Oh, what are they teaching these kids in film school? | 电影学校都教了些什么东西给这些孩子 |
[06:55] | God knows | 竟然不知道 |
[06:56] | it’s not how to make us old gals | 怎么打光好让我们这些老女人 |
[06:57] | look more gorgeous. | 看起来更年轻些 |
[06:58] | Nothing old about you, La. | 你一点都不老 拉娜 |
[07:00] | Well, thanks to a very talented surgeon in Paris | 这要感谢巴黎那位有才的外科医生 |
[07:02] | and a great dermatologist. | 还是个出色的皮肤科医生 |
[07:04] | So, what are we covering today? | 那么我们今天要谈什么 |
[07:07] | Well, since it’s a Kennedy Center honor, | 您获得肯尼迪中心荣誉奖 |
[07:09] | I’d say it’s a pretty big canvas. | 所以重点肯定在此 |
[07:10] | Jesus, darling, I hope | 天啊 亲爱的 我希望 |
[07:11] | this isn’t going to feel like a eulogy. | 这不会变得像是在念悼词 |
[07:14] | I will certainly ask you | 我还将采访 |
[07:16] | about your notorious nail-to-the-cross | 关于您前往监狱参访 |
[07:17] | prison interview with Madoff. | 声名狼藉的麦道夫的情况 |
[07:20] | But before all that, | 但这些之前 |
[07:21] | I’d like to go back | 我想先追溯下过去 |
[07:22] | and start with the early years. | 从您早些年开始采访 |
[07:24] | The awful | 那可怕的 |
[07:25] | Bloody Face saga. | 血脸杀手时期 |
[07:28] | I said I wouldn’t talk about that. | 我说过我不会讲那事的 |
[07:30] | People want to hear about it. | 但观众想知道 |
[07:32] | It’s what made you famous. | 这也是你成名的原因 |
[07:33] | My point exactly. | 正是此因 |
[07:34] | He’s become a goddamn household name. | 他变成一个该死的家喻户晓的名字 |
[07:37] | Like some kind of Heath Ledger, | 就像是希斯·莱杰 |
[07:39] | Hollywood movie star villain. | 好莱坞电影反派明星 |
[07:41] | He was an evil monster | 血脸就是个恶魔 |
[07:43] | who used murder and torture | 他不断杀害和虐待 |
[07:45] | to keep himself from feeling like a eunuch. | 来让自己感觉不那么像太监 |
[07:47] | End of story. | 就是这样 |
[07:49] | I refuse to give him one more second of air time. | 我拒绝在录播时多说他哪怕一秒 |
[07:53] | So then let’s start with the event | 那咱们开始说说那个 |
[07:54] | that made your reputation as a crusader for change, | 让你名声急转直上的事件 |
[07:57] | the Briarcliff exposé. | 揭露荆棘崖 |
[07:58] | We good to go, everyone? | 我们准备开始 各位准备好了吗 |
[07:59] | Honey, hand me that mirror, will you? | 亲爱的 递给我那块镜子 好吗 |
[08:00] | I like to do my own eyebrows. | 我想修下眉 |
[08:12] | How do I look? | 我看起来如何 |
[08:15] | Like a million bucks. | 百万美元宝贝 |
[08:17] | But they’re still not gonna let us | 但他们还是不会让我们 |
[08:18] | in that front door with a camera. | 带着摄像机从前门进 |
[08:19] | Oh, I know how to get in. | 我知道怎么进去 |
[08:22] | Jesus, how did you find this place? | 天啊 你怎么找到这地的 |
[08:24] | Listen, when we get inside, no matter what happens, | 听着 我们进去以后 无论发生什么 |
[08:26] | or what anybody says, you keep shooting. | 或者别人说什么 你们继续保持摄像 |
[08:28] | We need to document the conditions, the filth, | 我们需要用影像证明这里的情况 这些污秽 |
[08:30] | these people are forced to live in. | 这些被迫关于此的人们 |
[08:32] | I want the footage to shock the public | 我要这些连续的镜头震惊公众 |
[08:33] | out of their complacency, you understand? | 击碎他们的自满 你们明白吗 |
[08:36] | I want moral outrage. | 我要在道德上激起他们的愤怒感 |
[08:37] | I want to put America in the asylum. | 我要把美国民众放进疯人院 |
[08:41] | The fact that you would voluntarily | 事实上你自愿 |
[08:43] | go back into the place where you almost died, | 回到这个你差点丧命的地方 |
[08:46] | that’s why you were held in such high esteem | 这就是为什么你被全美和同行 |
[08:48] | by all of America and your peers. | 赋予如此高的评价的原因 |
[08:50] | Did you always have this need for justice? | 你总是充满正义吗 |
[08:54] | That’s the myth. | 那些是虚构的 |
[08:56] | Lana Winters, crusader. | 拉娜·温特斯 改革者 |
[08:59] | It was a story that I helped to perpetuate, | 这是一个更适于流传下去的故事 |
[09:01] | but, uh, it’s time I come clean. | 但 是时候说清真相了 |
[09:05] | It wasn’t justice | 并不是正义感 |
[09:06] | that got me back to Briarcliff. | 让我回到荆棘崖 |
[09:07] | It was ambition. | 是野心 是抱负 |
[09:09] | I knew my future wasn’t in print. | 我知道我的未来不会在出版业 |
[09:11] | You had an abrupt career change. | 你的职业突然转变 |
[09:13] | I knew television was the future. | 我深信电视业才是未来 |
[09:16] | So I got started in local news, | 所以我从地方新闻开始做起 |
[09:20] | then an NBC affiliate | 然后在NBC下属公司工作 |
[09:21] | before I landed my own series of investigative reports. | 之后则是我自己的调查报告节目 |
[09:24] | America Unmasked. | 《揭露美国》 |
[09:25] | With TV, words, | 电视出现后 语言 |
[09:28] | they’re less important. | 就没那么重要了 |
[09:30] | You need something people can see, | 你需要观众看见 |
[09:32] | visual stimulation, | 要有视觉冲击 |
[09:34] | and believe me, there is nothing more stimulating | 相信我 没有比看到疯子 |
[09:36] | than crazy people. | 更有冲击力的了 |
[09:38] | But you need more than that. | 但这还远远不够 |
[09:40] | You need an angle, a hook. | 还需要切入角度和宣传手段 |
[09:43] | And boy, did I have a doozy. | 我的节目堪称完美 |
[09:53] | I heard from very reliable sources that Sister Jude, | 据可靠消息称 裘德修女 |
[09:56] | the nun that imprisoned me at Briarcliff, was still alive. | 那个在荆棘崖监禁我的修女 她还活着 |
[10:00] | In fact, she had become a patient there herself. | 实际上 她自己成了那里的病人 |
[10:03] | I was going to go into that snake pit | 我要重回疯人院 |
[10:05] | and rescue her from the very place she had me committed. | 把她从那个曾经监禁我的地方救出来 |
[10:11] | Milo, I told you to keep rolling. | 麦洛 跟你说过要一直对着拍 |
[10:13] | Get the camera up and pointed at me. | 举起摄像机 对准我 |
[10:17] | At Briarcliff Manor, | 在荆棘崖庄园 |
[10:18] | it’s not uncommon to see patients left on their own | 连续几个小时对病人放任不管 |
[10:21] | without supervision, without stimulation, for hours on end. | 无人监督 无人激励的场景比比皆是 |
[10:27] | The squalor, the filth, | 这所疯人院 |
[10:30] | the decay of this institution | 肮脏 污秽 腐朽的环境 |
[10:33] | is a shocking indictment | 是马萨诸塞州政府 |
[10:34] | of the abandonment of her most needy | 将其贫困地区彻底遗弃的 |
[10:37] | by the state of Massachusetts. | 有力控诉 |
[10:49] | The Church sold Briarcliff Manor | 教会在1965年秋天 |
[10:51] | to the state of Massachusetts in the fall of 1965. | 把荆棘崖庄园卖给马萨诸塞州政府 |
[10:54] | Since then, conditions have deteriorated. | 从那时起 情况便开始恶化 |
[10:57] | The images and sounds are far more… | 这些画面和声音远比… |
[11:02] | Ready? You need a slate? | 你还行吗 要不要垫石板 |
[11:04] | Are… | 你是… |
[11:05] | Yeah, are you sleeping? Come on. | 你是睡着了吗 快点 |
[11:15] | Three, two, one. | 三 二 一 |
[11:19] | The Church sold Briarcliff Manor | 教会在1965年秋天 |
[11:21] | to the state of Massachusetts in the fall of 1965. | 把荆棘崖庄园卖给马萨诸塞州政府 |
[11:25] | Since then, conditions have deteriorated. | 从那时起 情况便开始恶化 |
[11:28] | These images and sounds are far more powerful | 这些画面和声音远比 |
[11:31] | than any words that can be spoken. | 任何言语都有说服力 |
[11:50] | But how can I describe to you the way it smells? | 但我该怎么跟你们形容这里的味道呢 |
[11:53] | It reeks of filth, of disease. | 是肮脏和疾病的臭味 |
[11:56] | It smells of death. | 死亡的味道 |
[11:57] | Who are you? | 你们是干嘛的 |
[12:01] | Do you… | 你们 |
[12:01] | have permission to do this? | 有权在这里拍摄吗 |
[12:03] | You are the first attendant we’ve seen | 你是我们来这里之后 |
[12:04] | the entire time we’ve been here. | 见到的第一位医护人员 |
[12:05] | Is it the policy to leave patients unclothed and unclean, | 让病人们衣衫不整 肮脏污秽 |
[12:08] | some of them smeared in their own feces? | 有些人身上沾着自己的排泄物是你们的政策吗 |
[12:11] | Uh… I’m sorry, there’s… | 很抱歉 只是 |
[12:14] | just too many for us to take care of. | 我们要照顾的人太多了 |
[12:17] | Right now I’m interested in one. | 现在我只对其中一个人有兴趣 |
[12:18] | I demand to see Judy Martin. | 我要见朱迪·马汀 |
[12:26] | Give me some light. | 把灯打开 |
[12:43] | Sister Jude. | 裘德修女 |
[12:45] | Judy Martin? | 朱迪·马汀 |
[12:48] | Do you remember me? | 你还记得我吗 |
[12:53] | You were committed to Briarcliff | 你被派到荆棘崖 |
[12:55] | to cover up the abuses the church and science | 掩饰教会与科学 |
[12:57] | had perpetrated against patients here. | 对病人的虐待 |
[13:00] | You were left to die. | 他们留你在这等死 |
[13:01] | Alone. | 孤独终老 |
[13:02] | Abandoned. | 无人眷顾 |
[13:04] | I’ve come back to help you. | 我是回来帮你的 |
[13:08] | I’m going to get you out of here, Sister Jude. | 我要带你离开这里 裘德修女 |
[13:14] | It’s okay. | 没事了 |
[13:26] | Lana… Banana. | 拉娜·布拉娜 |
[13:33] | Such a powerful scene you describe. | 你描绘的画面太有冲击力了 |
[13:36] | I’m embarrassed to say I don’t remember it. | 其实很不好意思 我都不记得了 |
[13:39] | That’s because it never happened. | 因为这事根本就没发生 |
[13:42] | By the time I got to Briarcliff, | 我到荆棘崖的时候 |
[13:43] | Jude was gone. | 裘德已经不在了 |
[13:45] | I should’ve gone back sooner. | 我应该早点去的 |
[13:47] | But you did shut down Briarcliff. | 但你关掉了荆棘崖 |
[13:49] | Yes, but it’s not the ending I wanted. | 的确 但这并不是我想要的结果 |
[13:53] | It was one hell of an ending, | 总算是结束了 |
[13:56] | just not the one I wanted. | 但并不是我想要的方式 |
[13:59] | And there’s your promo. | 这里你们应该插播广告了 |
[14:00] | Let’s take a break. I need to freshen up. | 我们休息一会儿吧 我想调整一下 |
[14:03] | Ms. Winters needs a break. | 温特斯女士需要休息一下 |
[14:04] | Five and we’re back. | 五分钟后我们继续 |
[14:05] | Would you like something to drink? | 想喝点什么 |
[14:07] | I’d love a sparkling water. | 请给我一杯苏打水 |
[14:08] | Would you get Ms. Winters a sparkling water, please? | 请给温特斯女士拿一杯苏打水来 |
[14:20] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[14:21] | You’re a doll. | 你真乖 |
[14:24] | My pleasure, Ms. Winters. | 是我的荣幸 温特斯女士 |
[14:51] | – Kit. – Holy shit. | -基特 -老天爷啊 |
[14:53] | Lana! | 拉娜 |
[14:57] | I was just watching the news. | 我刚才还在看新闻呢 |
[14:59] | You did it. | 你做到了 |
[15:00] | You really did it. | 你真的做到了 |
[15:01] | You shut down Briarcliff. | 你把荆棘崖关了 |
[15:05] | What the hell’s this? | 这是什么 |
[15:09] | I wanted them to capture our reunion. | 我希望他们能记录下我们重逢的画面 |
[15:12] | And I have a few questions I’d like to ask you. | 而且我还有几个问题想问你 |
[15:14] | – Questions? – Yes. | -问题 -是的 |
[15:15] | Like who’s Betty Drake? | 贝蒂·德瑞克是谁 |
[15:17] | And is she here? | 她在这里吗 |
[15:23] | I’ll talk to you, Lana, | 我会告诉你的 拉娜 |
[15:24] | but… but I’m not gonna talk to your camera. | 但是 我不会对着你的摄像机说 |
[15:40] | Where’d you find this? | 你从哪找到的 |
[15:42] | I was still trying to find Jude. | 我还在寻找裘德 |
[15:44] | But of course | 当然了 |
[15:45] | Jude hadn’t existed for years. | 裘德很多年前就不存在了 |
[15:48] | The Monsignor saw to that. | 主教亲自负责料理的 |
[15:53] | I had no idea who I was even looking for anymore. | 我都不知道我在找的到底是谁 |
[16:05] | And then I found this. | 后来我就发现了这个 |
[16:10] | Betty Drake, | 贝蒂·德瑞克 |
[16:11] | released to the care of Kit Walker, | 在1970年3月27日 |
[16:13] | March 27, 1970. | 被基特·沃克领走 |
[16:14] | That was just a few months after | 就在你来签名会找我的 |
[16:15] | you came to see me at the book signing. | 几个月之后 |
[16:18] | It’s Jude, isn’t it? | 是裘德 是不是 |
[16:22] | Why do you care now, Lana? | 你现在还在乎这些做什么 拉娜 |
[16:28] | We all just part of your story? | 我们都是你故事的一部分吗 |
[16:29] | It’s not just my story, Kit. | 并不只是我的故事 基特 |
[16:31] | It’s yours, too. And hers. | 是你的 也是她的 |
[16:33] | You went back for her. | 你回去找她 |
[16:36] | Why? | 为什么 |
[16:41] | ‘Cause it was something I could do. | 因为这是我可以做的 |
[16:43] | I mean, I couldn’t shut the place down, | 我不能关了那地方 |
[16:45] | I couldn’t lead them all out of there like Moses. | 也不能像摩西那样带他们脱离苦海 |
[16:48] | But, Jude, whatever she was, | 但是对于裘德 不管她曾经如何 |
[16:51] | she didn’t belong there any more than we did. | 她跟我们一样 都不属于那里 |
[16:55] | I couldn’t just leave her there. | 我不能把她丢在那不管 |
[16:58] | After Alma died, I… started visiting her there. | 从艾尔玛死后 我就经常去看她 |
[17:07] | At least once a week. | 每周至少去一次 |
[17:08] | Sometimes twice. | 有时候是两次 |
[17:12] | There was still life there. | 她还活着 |
[17:14] | There was still someone buried deep inside. | 在她内心深处仍然有着自我 |
[17:19] | But I knew that life wouldn’t last long | 但我知道如果没有人把她带出来的话 |
[17:21] | if nobody got her out of there. | 她活不了多久的 |
[17:29] | They didn’t ask a lot of questions. | 他们没有问太多问题 |
[17:31] | Think they were just happy to | 可能他们也很高兴 |
[17:33] | have one less patient to care for. | 又可以少一个需要照顾的病人 |
[17:51] | You brought her into your home. | 你带她回你家 |
[17:55] | Why’d you do that? | 为什么 |
[17:57] | After all the indignities she made you suffer? | 她让你受了那么多羞辱 |
[18:02] | I didn’t do it for her. | 我这么做不是为了她 |
[18:04] | I didn’t even really do it for me. | 甚至不是为了我自己 |
[18:09] | I did it for the kids. | 我这么做是为了孩子们 |
[18:12] | I needed to be there for them. | 他们需要我的陪伴 |
[18:15] | And the only way I could leave Briarcliff behind | 而可以让我真正放下荆棘崖的方法就是 |
[18:17] | once and for all was to find some way to forgive. | 找一个能让自己原谅的方式 |
[18:22] | Someone to forgive. | 原谅某个人 |
[18:27] | Is she dead? | 她死了吗 |
[18:30] | Go on. | 快出去 |
[18:32] | The first thing we had to do | 我们要做的第一件事 |
[18:34] | was see her through detox. | 就是让她戒掉毒瘾 |
[19:01] | Carrot juice. | 胡萝卜汁 |
[19:02] | From our garden. | 我们花园种的 |
[19:11] | For a while, | 有段日子 |
[19:13] | things seemed to be going along pretty well, | 一切似乎都进展得很好 |
[19:15] | considering. | 我这么觉得 |
[19:17] | I made a decision to just… | 我下定决心 |
[19:20] | stay the course. | 继续坚持下去 |
[19:26] | They loved her. | 他们爱她 |
[19:28] | No matter how much she barked at them, | 无论她怎么凶他们 |
[19:29] | they always understood something about her. | 他们总是能理解她 |
[19:31] | So she eventually came around. | 那她最终神智清醒了吗 |
[19:34] | Well, it got worse before it got better. | 在清醒之前 经历了一段更坏的时期 |
[19:38] | Told you to start in the corner! | 我说了要从角落开始扫 |
[19:40] | Did you think I wouldn’t notice? | 你以为我看不到吗 |
[19:42] | Come back here, you little shit! | 小兔崽子 给我滚过来 |
[19:45] | I’ll cane you! | 我打死你个小兔崽子 |
[19:46] | Hey! This is not Briarcliff, | 嘿 这里不是荆棘崖 |
[19:48] | and you will not hit my kids! | 你也不能打我的小孩 |
[19:50] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[19:51] | What’s going on here? | 这是怎么一回事 |
[19:53] | No, we do not have a children’s ward! | 不 我们没有儿童病房 |
[19:55] | I told your mother that. I was very clear. | 我跟你妈妈说得非常明确 |
[19:58] | – I was very clear! – Jude! | -我说得非常明确 -裘德 |
[20:01] | You will address me as Sister Jude. | 你得叫我裘德修女 |
[20:04] | You don’t fool me, Kit Walker. | 你骗不了我的 基特·沃克 |
[20:05] | I know who you are. | 我知道你的底细 |
[20:06] | I know what you did. | 我知道你干了什么 |
[20:08] | Killer of women. | 专杀女人的凶手 |
[20:09] | No, you get away! | 别过来 滚开 |
[20:11] | Get away from me! I won’t go back | 离我远点 我不回 |
[20:13] | in that hole! I will not! | 那个鬼地方 我不要 |
[20:16] | – You can’t make me! – Thomas! | -别想逼我就范 -托马斯 |
[20:18] | Get your sister and go outside. | 带上你姐姐到外面去 |
[20:21] | I will not! No, you can’t make me! | 我不去 我是不会就范的 |
[20:24] | It’s okay, Dad. | 没事的 爸爸 |
[20:29] | Oh, no… | 不 |
[21:12] | I still don’t know what happened in those woods. | 我至今不知道他们在林子里发生了什么事 |
[21:16] | When they came back… | 等他们回来的时候 |
[21:19] | something was different. | 情况就好多了 |
[21:22] | Grace was right. | 格蕾丝说得对 |
[21:24] | Those children are special. | 我的孩子们很特别 |
[21:29] | Okay, I’m gonna teach you a new step. | 好 现在教你一套新的舞步 |
[21:30] | Okay. Ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[21:31] | Toe, heel, step back. | 脚尖 脚跟 后退 |
[21:34] | Toe, heel, step back. | 脚尖 脚跟 后退 |
[21:37] | Okay, now, start again, watch me. | 好 现在再来一遍 看好我 |
[21:39] | You’re left, and I’m right. | 你出左脚 我出右脚 |
[21:41] | Because women are always right. | 因为女人总是对的 |
[21:43] | All right? | 准备好 |
[21:44] | Five, six, seven, eight. | 五 六 七 八 |
[21:54] | Now spin me. | 带我转圈 |
[22:05] | Don’t say I never taught you nothing. | 别说你没从我这学到什么 |
[22:06] | Daddy, dance with me. | 爸爸 和我跳舞 |
[22:08] | Come over here! | 过来吧 |
[22:10] | Thomas! Come here. | 托马斯 过来吧 |
[22:14] | Let me show this to you. | 让我来教你 |
[22:16] | Left foot… | 左脚 |
[22:26] | For six months, she taught them how to swing dance | 六个月来 她教他们跳摇摆舞 |
[22:29] | and swear like a sailor. | 像水手一样粗鲁地说话 |
[22:32] | Made Thomas learn to sew | 让托马斯学针线活 |
[22:34] | and took away Julia’s dolls | 还没收了茱莉亚的娃娃 |
[22:35] | and gave her trucks so she’d grow up tough. | 给她玩玩具卡车 培养她的坚毅 |
[22:41] | I don’t know | 也许 |
[22:42] | if those last six months made up | 这六个月补偿了 |
[22:44] | for a lifetime of horrors… | 那段终身难忘的恐怖经历 |
[22:49] | …but she sure seemed happy. | 不过她肯定是快乐的 |
[23:07] | Come here. | 过来 |
[23:08] | Come here, you two. | 你们俩都过来 |
[23:11] | Come here. | 过来 |
[23:14] | I got a few more things to tell you, okay? | 我还有些话要跟你们说 |
[23:25] | Julia… | 茱莉亚 |
[23:30] | …don’t you ever… | 千万别 |
[23:35] | ever let a man tell you who you are… | 别让一个男人来告诉你你是谁 |
[23:40] | or make you feel… | 或者让你觉得 |
[23:45] | …like you are less than he is. | 你配不上他 |
[23:53] | It’s 1971. | 已经七十年代了 |
[23:55] | And you can do anything you want. | 你能做任何你想做的事 |
[24:00] | Okay? You understand? | 好吗 知道了吗 |
[24:05] | And, Thomas… | 还有托马斯 |
[24:09] | don’t pick your nose… | 别用手挖鼻子 |
[24:11] | and never take a job just for the money. | 工作别只为了钱 |
[24:21] | Find something… | 找到… |
[24:26] | that you love. | 你真正热爱的 |
[24:29] | Do something you want. | 做你想做的事情 |
[24:34] | Okay, boy? | 好吗 孩子 |
[24:53] | Oh, I don’t need that. | 我不需要这个 |
[24:55] | It’s mushroom barley. | 是蘑菇大麦汤 |
[24:57] | You got to eat something. | 你得吃点东西 |
[25:00] | No, I don’t. | 不 我不需要 |
[25:09] | Kids, why don’t you go pile up the leaves in the yard? | 孩子们 去院子里整理落叶吧 |
[25:13] | I’m staying with Nana. | 我要和奶奶呆在一起 |
[25:18] | No, you guys, you should go outside and play. | 不 孩子们 你们该去外面玩儿了 |
[25:23] | Go on. | 快去吧 |
[25:37] | Kit Walker… | 基特·沃克 |
[25:41] | you’re a lucky man. | 你是个幸运的人 |
[25:45] | You better not screw them up. | 可别把这一切毁了 |
[25:59] | I’m here. | 我在这儿 |
[26:03] | I’m not going to leave you alone. | 我不会留你独自一人的 |
[26:06] | I’m not… I’m not alone. | 我… 我不是一个人 |
[26:11] | She’s here for me. | 她在这儿陪我呢 |
[26:27] | I don’t know who she was talking about. | 我不知道她说的是谁 |
[26:40] | I do. | 我知道 |
[26:50] | Jude… | 裘德 |
[26:52] | we’ve been doing this dance for so many years. | 我们来来往往已经这么多年了 |
[26:56] | Are you sure you’re ready this time? | 这次你真的准备好了吗 |
[27:00] | I’m sure. | 我确定 |
[27:05] | I’m ready now. | 我准备好了 |
[27:13] | Kiss me. | 吻我吧 |
[28:07] | I have a feeling we’re about | 我感觉到我们要进入 |
[28:08] | to enter the hard-hitting part of the interview. | 最有看点的采访环节了 |
[28:12] | It was the pen, wasn’t it? | 是因为我拿出了笔 对吧 |
[28:14] | No need to take notes on powder-puff questions. | 一般的问题不需要记笔记 |
[28:16] | You got me, but I’m gonna ask anyway. | 真被你说对了 但我还是要问 |
[28:20] | If shutting down Briarcliff | 如果关闭荆棘崖 |
[28:21] | was such an undeniable success, | 是你一生中公认的成功之举 |
[28:24] | your next exposé was, to put it mildly, | 那你接下来揭露的事 说得委婉点 |
[28:27] | controversial. | 就很有争议了 |
[28:28] | I think half of New York wanted to lynch me, | 我相信一半的纽约人都想我死 |
[28:30] | and the other half would have had me banned from the state. | 剩下的希望则不想我再踏入纽约半步 |
[28:33] | Can we talk about what happened with Cardinal Howard? | 我们能聊聊红衣主教霍华德吗 |
[28:36] | At the time, he was a powerhouse, | 那时 他是权威人士 |
[28:38] | a rising star in the church. | 是教会里一颗冉冉升起的新星 |
[28:40] | The man had avoided me for weeks. | 他躲我了好几周 |
[28:42] | I went through all the official channels, | 我走了所有的官方渠道 |
[28:44] | but he ignored every request I made for an interview. | 但他忽视了我所有的采访请求 |
[28:47] | So, finally, I cornered him on his way to Easter Mass. | 所以最后我在他去复活节弥撒的路上堵到了他 |
[28:51] | Cardinal Howard. | 霍华德主教 |
[28:52] | I have nothing to say to you, Miss Winters. | 我没什么要对你说的 温特斯小姐 |
[28:53] | With or without your comments, I’m airing a report | 无论你作何回应 我都会在明晚 |
[28:55] | tomorrow night on Dr. Arthur Arden, | 播出亚瑟·奥尔顿医生的专题报道 |
[28:57] | a man you hired to run the medical unit at Briarcliff. | 他是你聘请到荆棘崖的医疗主管 |
[29:00] | We finally gained access to his files. | 我们最终拿到了他的档案 |
[29:01] | Did you know he was conducting human experiments? | 你知道他做人体实验吗 |
[29:04] | We found some very disturbing evidence. | 我们发现了一些可怕的证据 |
[29:07] | – Cardinal… – Would you mind switching that off, please? | -红衣主教… -能把摄像机关了吗 |
[29:08] | A number of patients disappeared under his care. | 在他任职期间 很多病人失踪了 |
[29:11] | Do you have any idea what happened to them? | 你知道他们遭遇了什么吗 |
[29:13] | It was over seven years ago. | 都过去七年多了 |
[29:14] | You can’t expect me to remember | 我怎么可能还记得 |
[29:15] | anything about patients I wasn’t responsible for. | 那些病人 这事跟我没关系 |
[29:17] | I’m afraid you are responsible. | 恐怕你脱不了干系 |
[29:19] | Everything that happened at Briarcliff | 荆棘崖的所有可怕事件 |
[29:21] | happened under your authority. | 都是在你管辖期间发生的 |
[29:22] | And there is no statute of limitations | 而对谋杀案来说 是没有 |
[29:23] | on murder, Cardinal Howard. | 诉讼时效这一说的 霍华德主教 |
[29:25] | The police have found remains, | 警察在荆棘崖外的树林里 |
[29:27] | human bones in the woods outside Briarcliff. | 发现了尸体和人的骨头 |
[29:29] | They’re going to start asking hard questions. | 他们会开始严厉拷问 |
[29:31] | And since the notorious Dr. Arden has disappeared, | 由于臭名昭著的奥尔顿医生已经失踪 |
[29:34] | they’re going to be looking to you for answers. | 你就成了他们的审问对象 |
[29:35] | – Get out of my way. – What are you running from, Cardinal Howard? | -别挡路 -你在逃避什么 霍华德主教 |
[29:37] | Out of the way, Miss Winters! | 让开 温特斯小姐 |
[29:38] | – What are you running from? – Happy Easter. | -你在逃避什么 -复活节快乐 |
[29:41] | Answer the question. | 请回答我的问题 |
[29:46] | To this day, people still | 直到今天 人们仍然 |
[29:48] | blame you for what happened to him. | 把他的死怪到你头上 |
[29:50] | I’ve got broad shoulders, but I can’t take credit | 我敢作敢当 但真不该把 |
[29:52] | for what his guilty conscience made him do. | 他因为良心发现而自尽的事归咎于我 |
[30:08] | The kind who lies to himself about being a liar. | 那种自欺欺人的人 |
[30:11] | He was so corrupt and deluded, he believed his own lies. | 他如此腐败 倍受蒙蔽 活在自己的谎言里 |
[30:17] | Lies are like scars on your soul. | 谎言就像心灵的伤痕 |
[30:21] | They destroy you. | 谎言会毁了你 |
[30:26] | I have a feeling we’re not just talking | 我们好像没有在 |
[30:28] | about Cardinal Howard anymore. | 谈论霍华德红衣主教 |
[30:31] | Is there something you’d like to share with us? | 你还有什么要告诉我们的吗 |
[30:35] | I’m going to come clean about a lie I’ve told for over 40 years. | 我想要坦白一个我说了四十年的谎 |
[30:40] | In my book Maniac, | 在《疯子》这本书中 |
[30:42] | I write about the abuse, | 我写了我被虐待 |
[30:44] | the rape, the pregnancy. | 被强奸 最后还怀了孕的事 |
[30:48] | I say that the baby died in childbirth. | 我说那孩子在分娩时夭折了 |
[30:52] | I even wrote about a kind of poetic justice | 我甚至写道这孩子死了 |
[30:55] | that the child hadn’t lived. | 是老天有眼 |
[30:59] | That child is alive. | 但这孩子并没死 |
[31:03] | I didn’t raise him, but someone did. | 有人替我将他养育成人 |
[31:15] | Don’t ask me to do that again. | 我一直内疚不已 |
[31:18] | He’ll need to learn how to live without me. | 他得学会没有我也能生活 |
[31:24] | I just prayed really hard | 我只是努力祈祷 |
[31:27] | that somebody else could give him | 有人能给予他 |
[31:29] | the kind of mothering he’d need. | 母爱的关怀 |
[31:31] | I couldn’t muster it. | 我记不得他的名字了 |
[31:33] | I tried, but I couldn’t. | 我努力想过 但还是记不得 |
[31:36] | That’s quite a secret, Lana. | 拉娜 这真是个惊天秘密 |
[31:38] | The only person I’ve told is Marian. | 这秘密我只告诉过玛丽安 |
[31:40] | Do you mind if I ask, | 你介意我问一下 |
[31:42] | has there been any contact since? | 自那之后你还见过他吗 |
[31:45] | There was a period in the mid-’70s where I suffered | 在70年代中期有段时间 |
[31:47] | a terrible remorse about giving him up. | 我非常懊悔抛弃了他 |
[31:52] | I used all my skills as a sleuth, | 我用了所有的手段 |
[31:54] | which are myriad as we know, to track him down. | 可以说是无数的手段 来找他 |
[31:57] | I just needed to see him. I didn’t have a plan. | 我只想见见他 没别的打算 |
[32:00] | What you got in here? You like dinosaurs? | 这里面有些什么 你喜欢恐龙吗 |
[32:04] | You want to suck a brontosaurus dick? | 想尝尝雷龙大屌吗 |
[32:06] | Shut up, asshole! | 混蛋 闭嘴 |
[32:08] | Who are you calling asshole, faggot? | 你说谁混蛋呢 死基佬 |
[32:11] | Hey, you, you little shit. You back off before I hurt you | 你个小混蛋 快给我滚开 |
[32:14] | in ways you haven’t even dreamt of. | 要不然我就好好给你颜色看看 |
[32:25] | Are you all right? | 你还好吗 |
[32:26] | Yeah, I’m fine. | 还好 |
[32:34] | You know he’s the asshole, right? | 他就是个混蛋 对吧 |
[32:36] | Yeah, I know. | 对 我知道 |
[32:58] | You should report him. | 你应该打他小报告 |
[33:04] | That was the last time I saw him. | 那是我最后一次见他 |
[33:07] | I wasn’t his mother. | 我不是他母亲 |
[33:09] | Not in any meaningful way. | 任何意义上都不算 |
[33:12] | I would only confuse him. | 我只会让他疑惑 |
[33:15] | But I thought about him so often. | 但我总会想起他 |
[33:19] | Wondering where he was. | 想想他在何处 |
[33:22] | How he turned out. | 会成为怎样的人 |
[33:23] | Did you ever think about having children after that? | 从那之后你还想过要小孩吗 |
[33:28] | It was a different time for gay women. | 对于女同性恋来说有些不同 |
[33:33] | Most of us were resigned to not having children. | 我们大部分人都觉得不该要孩子 |
[33:37] | But I was close to my friends’ children. | 但我和我朋友的孩子都很亲近 |
[33:39] | In fact, Kit– Kit Walker– | 其实是基特 基特·沃克 |
[33:43] | he asked me to be godmother to his kids. | 他让我做孩子们的教母 |
[33:48] | Kit got married again. | 基特再婚了 |
[33:50] | He met a great girl named Allison down at the co-op. | 他在合作社遇到了一个叫作艾利森的好姑娘 |
[33:54] | I don’t know who loved her more– Kit or those kids. | 我不知道谁更爱她 是基特还是孩子们 |
[34:22] | Kit always believed the kids were destined for great things. | 但基特总是相信孩子们注定为美好事物而生 |
[34:26] | They grew up with that message, and they lived up to it. | 他们带着这条启示成长 也没有辜负它 |
[34:30] | Thomas is a law professor at Harvard. | 托马斯是哈佛大学的一名法学教授 |
[34:33] | Julie is a leading neurosurgeon at John Hopkins. | 朱莉是约翰·霍普金斯大学的神经外科医生带头人 |
[34:37] | Kit would be so proud of them. | 基特很为他们自豪 |
[34:40] | Is he no longer with us? | 他还健在吗 |
[34:43] | When he was around 40, he developed pancreatic cancer. | 大概40岁的时候 他罹患胰腺癌 |
[34:47] | By the time they found it, | 发现的时候 |
[34:49] | the tumor had metastasized to the liver. | 癌细胞已扩散到肝脏 |
[34:53] | They gave him chemo, but… | 他接受了化疗 但 |
[34:56] | it was just a waiting game. | 只能说他是在等死 |
[35:00] | The kids both offered to look after him, | 孩子们都提出要照顾他 |
[35:02] | but he wouldn’t hear of it. | 但他已经听不到了 |
[35:08] | In those last months, he seemed more peaceful | 那最后几个月 是我见过他 |
[35:11] | than I’d ever seen him. | 最安宁的日子 |
[35:13] | And then the strangest thing happened. | 但接下来发生了最奇怪的事情 |
[35:16] | He disappeared. | 他消失了 |
[35:18] | I don’t understand. | 我不懂 |
[35:19] | No one did. | 也没人懂 |
[35:22] | And no one could explain exactly what happened. | 没人能解释究竟发生了什么 |
[35:47] | No note, no tracks, no clues. | 不告而别 无影无踪 杳无音信 |
[35:50] | And no funeral. | 也没举行葬礼 |
[35:52] | Kit’s children insisted there was no reason to mourn. | 因为基特的孩子坚持认为没有哀悼的必要 |
[35:57] | Ms. Winters, I can’t tell you what an honor | 温特斯女士 能采访到您 |
[35:59] | this has been for me. | 我深感荣幸 |
[36:00] | Oh, try not to, darling. | 别这么说 亲爱的 |
[36:02] | I just hope you got what you need. | 我也希望你不虚此行 |
[36:03] | Are you kidding? I thought we’d just | 当然了 我本以为只是老生常谈 |
[36:04] | be doing your greatest hits, | 回顾一下您的那些伟大成就 |
[36:06] | but all the personal stuff– | 没想到那些私人经历 |
[36:08] | fantastic, unexpected and very moving. | 也同样不可思议 感人至深 |
[36:11] | See you at the Kennedy Center. | 我们肯尼迪中心再见 |
[36:44] | Can I pour you a drink? | 要来一杯吗 |
[36:48] | Why don’t you come out now? | 你现在可以出来了 |
[36:52] | You don’t need to hide. | 不要再躲了 |
[36:55] | Not anymore. | 别再躲着了 |
[37:09] | Let’s get this over with, shall we? | 这件事也该做个了结了 对吧 |
[37:19] | 《疯子——一个女人的死里逃生》 获奖 | |
[37:21] | 《疯子——一个女人的死里逃生》 拉娜·温特斯 | |
[37:21] | So I guess you’ve had a pretty great life, huh? | 你的人生还真是了不起呢 是吧 |
[37:25] | It’s been eventful. | 倒不如说是命途多舛 |
[37:27] | It’s about to end. | 更不如说是命不久矣 |
[37:32] | You get that, right? | 你懂的吧 |
[37:33] | I knew it the moment I saw you. | 我一见到你 就都明白了 |
[37:37] | Mind if I ask you something? | 能问你几句话吗 |
[37:39] | No. | 当然 |
[37:41] | I don’t mind. | 请问吧 |
[37:44] | How did you manage to get yourself on the crew? | 你是怎么混进刚刚那个工作组的 |
[37:49] | That shit was easy. | 轻松愉快啊 |
[37:51] | I’ve been waiting outside the building, | 我一直在大楼外守着 |
[37:53] | got friendly with the doorman, | 和看门的大叔搞好关系之后 |
[37:55] | he told me about the interview. | 他就把采访的事告诉了我 |
[37:57] | When the first guy showed up at dawn | 天刚亮的时候就来了一个人 |
[38:01] | the guy with the doughnuts– | 手上还拿着甜甜圈 |
[38:02] | I cut his throat. | 我割断了他的喉咙 |
[38:06] | He’s in the trash bin. | 尸体还在垃圾箱躺着呢 |
[38:11] | – This isn’t how I pictured it. – Really? | -我想像中的母子相逢不是这样的 -是吗 |
[38:15] | Because this is exactly how I pictured it. | 现在的场景倒是和我想象中的一模一样 |
[38:21] | I always knew this day would come. | 我知道这一天终归会来的 |
[38:26] | I didn’t think you’d recognize me. | 我以为你认不出我的 |
[38:29] | How did you? | 你怎么认出来的 |
[38:31] | Oh, Johnny. | 小约翰尼 |
[38:33] | How could I not recognize my own baby boy? | 我怎么可能连亲生骨肉都认不出 |
[38:37] | I’ve never seen him before in my life. | 我从没见过这个人 |
[38:41] | His name’s Johnny Morgan. | 他叫约翰尼·摩根 |
[38:43] | 48 years old, unmarried. | 今年四十八岁 未婚 |
[38:45] | In and out of jail since his teens. | 从少年开始 就常常作奸犯科 |
[38:47] | Nothing major till now. | 不过都不是什么重罪 |
[38:48] | We think he’s responsible for the deaths | 但现在我们怀疑 |
[38:50] | of at least five people. | 他与至少五起杀人案有关 |
[38:52] | Including the elderly couple who lived | 其中包括杀害一对住在 |
[38:53] | in the house formerly owned by Oliver Thredson. | 奥利弗·史莱森故居中的老夫妇 |
[38:56] | The place you were held at and tortured | 温特斯女士 也就是1964年时 |
[38:58] | in ’64, Ms. Winters. | 您被关押和受折磨的地方 |
[39:00] | Are you sure you don’t recognize him? | 您确定不认识这个人 |
[39:02] | No. | 不认识 |
[39:15] | You look like him, you know? | 知道吗 你长得很像他 |
[39:17] | Your father. | 你的父亲 |
[39:19] | It’s easy for me to forget | 可惜我常常忘了 |
[39:20] | just how handsome he was. | 他是那样一个帅哥 |
[39:23] | Until you shot him in the head. | 可惜他被你一枪爆头 |
[39:25] | Yes, I shot him in the head. | 是啊 我杀了他 |
[39:28] | How did you find out? | 你怎么知道的 |
[39:30] | That you murdered my father? | 知道你怎么杀了我父亲的吗 |
[39:32] | About who you were. | 知道你的身世 |
[39:35] | Who told you? | 谁告诉你的 |
[39:39] | You did. | 就是你啊 |
[39:41] | That day | 那天 |
[39:42] | on the playground. | 在操场上 |
[39:45] | I felt something. | 我就有所察觉 |
[39:47] | And I saw you on the TV. | 然后我在电视上看到了你 |
[39:50] | “That’s my mother,” I’d tell people. | 我跟大家说 那是我妈妈 |
[39:53] | And they’d just laugh at me, but I knew. | 别人都嘲笑我 可我知道那是真的 |
[39:59] | And I dreamed one day that you’d come back. | 我一直盼望有一天 你能再来找我 |
[40:04] | Then I heard the tape, | 可我却听到了一盘录音带 |
[40:05] | and, uh… I knew you never would. | 于是我明白了 你永远不会回来了 |
[40:10] | What tape? | 什么录音带 |
[40:12] | I found it on eBay. | 易趣网上找到的 |
[40:15] | This monster you planted inside me, i’m getting rid of it, | 我要除掉你在我体内留的贱种 |
[40:17] | and since I’m stuck here, | 既然我被困在这鬼地方 |
[40:19] | I’m gonna have to get creative with this coat hanger. | 我就要发挥创造力了 就用这个衣钩 |
[40:21] | Lana, no. Lana, no, please! | 拉娜 不要 不要 求你了 |
[40:23] | This is a mercy killing, Oliver. | 这可是安乐死 奥利弗 |
[40:24] | No baby should have to grow up knowing Daddy is Bloody Face. | 孩子不该在爸爸是血脸杀手这个认知中长大 |
[40:29] | My father loved me. | 我爸爸他爱我 |
[40:31] | I could hear it in his voice. | 我能从他的声音中听出他的爱 |
[40:33] | That’s when I started loving him | 从那时起我就开始爱他 |
[40:35] | and hating you. | 而恨你了 |
[40:39] | He never loved you, Johnny. | 他从没爱过你 约翰尼 |
[40:40] | And you did? | 难道你爱过 |
[40:41] | No, I didn’t love you. | 不 我没爱过你 |
[40:44] | I couldn’t. | 我做不到 |
[40:47] | That’s why I gave you up– | 所以我才抛弃了你 |
[40:48] | so you’d have some shot at a life. | 这样你的人生也许会有新的机会 |
[40:50] | You’d have a chance at a life, you mean! | 你是想说你会有新的机会 |
[40:53] | Right? | 是吗 |
[40:53] | This fancy life! | 这繁荣富贵的生活 |
[40:55] | Without me! | 没有我的生活 |
[41:13] | So what’s it going to be, Johnny? | 所以你想怎么处置我 约翰尼 |
[41:15] | I don’t imagine, at my age, | 我想 我这一大把年纪 |
[41:17] | you’d be much interested in the skin. | 你估计对我的皮肤不会感兴趣 |
[41:25] | I’ve thought about this. | 我想过该怎么处置你 |
[41:28] | I’ve thought about this a lot. | 我以前时常幻想这一场景 |
[41:34] | My own gun– I wasn’t expecting that. | 我自己的枪 这我倒是没想过 |
[41:38] | Your father once told me he didn’t believe in guns. | 你父亲曾对我说过 他不相信枪 |
[41:41] | Of course, he was lying about that, too. | 当然了 他这也是撒谎 |
[41:43] | You don’t get to talk about him. | 你不许谈论他 |
[41:46] | What are you so afraid of, Johnny? | 你到底在害怕什么 约翰尼 |
[41:48] | The truth about him | 你怕听到有关他的真相 |
[41:50] | or the truth about you? | 还是有关你的真相 |
[41:52] | I just want him to be proud of me. | 我想让他以我为荣 |
[42:01] | I… | 我 |
[42:03] | I can’t measure up. | 我不够格 |
[42:05] | No… | 不 |
[42:06] | Johnny. | 约翰尼 |
[42:09] | He was a monster. | 他是个怪物 |
[42:10] | – No. – Yes, he was. | -不是的 -不必抵赖 他就是 |
[42:12] | No, he wasn’t. | 不 他不是 |
[42:13] | Yes he was, baby. | 他是怪物 宝贝 |
[42:17] | But that’s not you. | 但你不是 |
[42:19] | You could never be like him. | 你跟他远远不同 |
[42:24] | Not that… | 那个我在操场上 |
[42:27] | sweet little boy | 遇到的可爱的男孩 |
[42:30] | I met on the playground. | 绝对跟他不同 |
[42:37] | Even then, I knew you were a better man than he was. | 从那时起 我就知道你比他要善良 |
[42:59] | It’s not just him that’s in you. | 你身上不只有他的血脉 |
[43:05] | I’m a part of you, too. | 也有我的一部分 |
[43:16] | I’ve hurt people. | 我伤害过别人 |
[43:22] | It’s not your fault, baby. | 这不是你的错 宝贝 |
[43:29] | It’s mine. | 是我的错 |
[43:45] | She’s talking about the maniac, Bloody Face. | 她在说那个疯子 血脸杀手 |
[43:48] | I heard he’s going to be admitted here today. | 我听说他今天会被押送过来 |
[43:50] | Is there any way I could meet him? | 能让我见见他吗 |
[43:51] | You’re out of your depth, | 你越界了 |
[43:53] | Miss Lana Banana. | 拉娜·布拉娜女士 |
[43:55] | You want a story? Write this down. | 你想要故事 那就写这个吧 |
[43:58] | A girl like you, you like to dream large. | 像你这样的女孩 总是好高骛远 |
[44:02] | I’d venture you already have Briarcliff in your rearview mirror. | 我猜你早就把荆棘崖的故事构思好了 |
[44:06] | You make ambition sound like a sin. | 你把雄心壮志说得跟一种罪行一样 |
[44:08] | No, I’m saying it’s dangerous. | 不 我是说这很危险 |
[44:11] | What about you? | 那你呢 |
[44:13] | Saving the souls of madmen and killers | 拯救疯子和谋杀犯的灵魂 |
[44:16] | is a pretty lofty ambition, wouldn’t you say? | 是个不小的雄心呢 你说呢 |
[44:18] | And you cannot imagine what it took to get here. | 你绝对想不到要做到这一步有多难 |
[44:21] | I’d love to hear your story someday. | 改天我想听听你的故事 |
[44:23] | No. | 不 |
[44:25] | I don’t think you and I are destined to meet again. | 我想我们注定不会再见了 |
[44:28] | But I do hope you know what you’re in for. | 不过我希望你能清楚今后遇到的困境 |
[44:31] | The loneliness, | 孤独 |
[44:33] | the heartbreak, | 心碎 |
[44:35] | the sacrifice you’ll face as a woman | 以及牺牲 这是有梦想的女人 |
[44:36] | with a dream on her own. | 今后必将面对的 |
[44:40] | You don’t have any idea what I’m capable of. | 你不清楚我的能耐 |
[44:43] | Well, then. | 那么 |
[44:45] | Look at you, Miss Lana Banana. | 瞧瞧你啊 拉娜·布拉娜 |
[44:50] | Just remember… | 要记住 |
[44:53] | …if you look in the face of evil. | 当你与邪恶四目相对 |
[44:56] | evil’s going to look right back at you. | 你也必将沾染邪恶 |
[45:04] | Please, after you. | 请吧 我随后 |