时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:03] | Daddy? | 爸爸 |
[01:06] | Daddy’ll be there in a minute. | 爸爸马上就来 |
[02:24] | Spring is officially here. | 春天终于来了 |
[02:27] | The baby asparagus are out. | 春笋都已经破土了 |
[02:28] | You know, I think we should put in corn this year. | 我觉得今年我们应该种玉米 |
[02:30] | It’d be great for the kids. | 对孩子们来讲也是好事 |
[02:31] | They could play hide and seek | 他们可以在玉米地里 |
[02:33] | in the corn patch. | 玩捉迷藏 |
[02:34] | We could make a scarecrow. | 我们还可以做个稻草人 |
[02:36] | Mommy? | 妈妈 |
[02:37] | Julia! | 茱莉亚 |
[02:38] | Hey, Thomas, what are you…? | 托马斯 你在干啥 |
[02:39] | Um, Grace, can you save the… the toilet paper? | 格蕾丝 你能不能救救那些手纸 |
[02:46] | Earth to Grace? | 神游外太空呢 |
[02:47] | Does this look like the doctor? | 画的像不像那个医生 |
[02:50] | I don’t remember. | 我不记得了 |
[03:00] | Hey, let’s make a big building. | 咱们来盖个大高楼吧 |
[03:03] | – Daddy’s home! – How’s my two rug rats? | -爸爸回来啦 -我的两个小淘气呢 |
[03:10] | How was your day? | 今天过得怎么样 |
[03:11] | It was good. | 还不错 |
[03:12] | This march is gonna be amazing! | 这次的游行一定会很棒 |
[03:15] | These people are really inspiring. | 那些人太振奋人心了 |
[03:17] | They’re so organized, and there’s lots | 他们很有组织性 |
[03:18] | of professors and college grads. | 有很多教授和大学生 |
[03:21] | You wouldn’t believe | 你根本无法想象 |
[03:22] | the great people out there fighting the good fight. | 有这么多优秀的人在为正义而奋斗 |
[03:25] | Two toddlers at the march. Sounds like hell to me. | 让两个小孩去参加游行 听着就害怕 |
[03:27] | So we’ll stick ’em in their strollers! | 可以让他们坐在儿童车里 |
[03:29] | We’re gonna march all the way from Roxbury | 我们要以一家人的身份 |
[03:30] | to the Boston Common as a family, | 从罗克斯伯一直游行到波士顿市区 |
[03:32] | and there’ll be thousands of people just like us. | 有很多跟我们一样的人 |
[03:37] | Back me up here, Grace! | 帮我说句话啊 格蕾丝 |
[03:38] | I can stay here with them. | 我可以留下来照顾他们 |
[03:42] | Do you think those pictures might be too much for the kids? | 你觉不觉得把那些画给孩子们看不太合适 |
[03:51] | Come here, little guy. | 过来吧 小家伙 |
[03:52] | Come here. | 到这来 |
[03:54] | I will say this, Grace. | 我这么说吧 格蕾丝 |
[03:56] | You’re really talented. | 你真的很有才华 |
[04:19] | I must be losing my touch. | 我挑不起你的兴趣了么 |
[04:28] | No, you still got it. | 你很能挑我兴趣的 |
[04:34] | What, is this about Grace? | 那是什么 因为格蕾丝吗 |
[04:36] | In the last few weeks, | 这几周来 |
[04:36] | everything she draws is aliens and the abduction. | 她总是画些外星人和绑架的事 |
[04:39] | She’s obsessed– it’s all she ever talks about. | 她都入迷了 脑子里全是这些 |
[04:42] | Something you never talk about at all. | 而你却只字不提 |
[04:49] | Everybody processes things differently. | 每个人处理事情的方式都不同 |
[04:51] | Grace is just trying to work through | 格蕾丝只是用自己的方式 |
[04:53] | what they did to her in her own way. | 努力接受她所遭受的一切 |
[04:54] | No. She’s dwelling on the past | 才不是 她沉湎于过去 |
[04:57] | because she’s unhappy in the present. | 因为她对现状不满意 |
[05:00] | You need to spend more time with her. | 你需要多花时间陪陪她 |
[05:01] | We’re not on a schedule, Alma. | 这又不是排日程 艾尔玛 |
[05:03] | I’m not punching a time clock. | 又不是为了完成什么任务 |
[05:05] | We’re just trying to do what comes natural. | 感情的事要自然而然 水到渠成 |
[05:07] | She needs you, Kit. | 她需要你 基特 |
[05:09] | Go to her. | 去陪她吧 |
[05:23] | You’re up late. | 你还没睡啊 |
[05:26] | Had to get it down on paper | 我得在忘记之前 |
[05:27] | before it disappears from my head. | 赶紧把它画下来 |
[05:31] | Is this how you remember it? | 这跟你印象中一样吗 |
[05:34] | I guess so. | 我想是的 |
[05:38] | I’m not doing it for me. | 我不是为了自己 |
[05:40] | It’s for our children, Kit. | 是为了我们的孩子 基特 |
[05:42] | They need to know where they came from. | 他们需要知道自己来自哪里 |
[05:46] | Alma’s worried. | 艾尔玛很担心你 |
[05:49] | She wants to forget the past. | 她想忘记过去 |
[05:51] | But those are not the memories I’m scared of. | 但我所惧怕的并非这段记忆 |
[05:57] | Memories of that black night. | 而是那个黑暗夜晚的回忆 |
[06:02] | Those feelings, when I lost control of myself. | 那些完全失控的感觉 |
[06:09] | That’s what makes me afraid. | 那才是我所惧怕的 |
[06:16] | You’re a different person now. | 你现在和以前不一样了 |
[06:45] | Kit? | 基特 |
[06:53] | Kit?! Kit?! | 基特 基特 |
[06:54] | Kit, it’s them! They’ve come for us! | 基特 是他们 他们来找我们了 |
[06:58] | – Don’t let them take us. – Help me with the babies! | -别让他们抓住我们 -跟我去看看孩子 |
[07:04] | Shit! You got it? | 该死 你搞的定吗 |
[07:05] | – Yeah. – Come on out! | -可以 -快出来 |
[07:09] | Those bastards! | 这帮混蛋 |
[07:18] | I know who tried to burn down my house. | 我知道是谁放的火 |
[07:19] | It was Billy and his friends. Billy Marshall. | 是比利和他的狐朋狗友 比利·马修 |
[07:23] | I thought you said you were inside when it happened. | 你不是说案发时你在屋里吗 |
[07:25] | Did you see him? | 你看见他了 |
[07:26] | Not exactly, | 没看见 |
[07:27] | but it was his truck. | 但那是他的卡车 |
[07:29] | There are lots of trucks, Mr. Walker. | 这里有很多卡车 沃克先生 |
[07:33] | I know he did it. | 我知道就是他干的 |
[07:34] | If you don’t arrest him, | 如果你不把他抓起来 |
[07:35] | I’m going to do whatever it takes to protect my family. | 我就得采取一切手段保护我家人 |
[07:37] | I heard about your family. | 我听说了你的家人 |
[07:40] | You’re the father of two children. | 你是两个孩子的父亲 |
[07:42] | One Caucasian, one Negro. | 一个是白种 一个是黑种 |
[07:44] | What does that got to do with anything? | 这跟今晚的事有什么关系 |
[07:46] | You know polygamy is illegal | 你知道一夫多妻制 |
[07:48] | in the state of Massachusetts. | 在马萨诸塞州是违法的 |
[07:55] | Police are going to be no help. | 警察不会帮我们了 |
[07:58] | Where’s Alma? | 艾尔玛呢 |
[08:00] | She’s crying in her room. | 在她房间里哭呢 |
[08:03] | She thought it was the creatures coming back for her. | 她以为是那些外星生物来抓她了 |
[08:06] | She’s inconsolable. | 她崩溃了 |
[08:10] | You okay? | 你还好么 |
[08:13] | I’m strong, remember? | 我很坚强的 记得么 |
[08:17] | I better go to her. | 我最好去看看她 |
[08:19] | That’s what I was thinking. Go. | 我也是这么想的 去吧 |
[08:35] | Oui! Good! | 没错 真棒 |
[08:43] | Don’t worry about it. | 不用你管 |
[08:46] | Okay. Okay. | 好了 好了 |
[08:49] | All right. | 没事了 |
[08:50] | What’s wrong with you? | 你怎么了 |
[08:50] | Is it because Kit has been spending more time with me? | 是因为基特最近陪我的时间比较多么 |
[08:53] | That was my idea, remember? | 是我让他去的 记得么 |
[08:54] | Ever since those boys attacked us… | 自从那帮男生烧了咱家房子… |
[08:56] | I don’t care about those boys. | 我说的不是那些男生 |
[08:57] | – So it’s me. – I’m done with the alien talk. | -所以就是我的问题 -我不想再讨论外星人了 |
[08:59] | It was the worst thing that ever happened to me, | 那是我这辈子最糟的经历 |
[09:01] | and you act like it was a religious experience. | 你却表现得像是一场奇幻旅程 |
[09:02] | Because it was. Alma… | 因为本来就是 艾尔玛 |
[09:06] | They brought me back to life. | 他们让我复活了 |
[09:07] | They gave us these amazing children. | 他们给了我们如此可爱的孩子 |
[09:09] | – How can you not be grateful? – Grateful?! | -你怎能对此毫不感激 -感激 |
[09:11] | They snatched me from this house, | 他们把我从这房子里抓走 |
[09:13] | stripped me down, threw me on a metal slab | 剥光我 把我扔在一块金属板上 |
[09:16] | and stuck metal probes inside of me. | 把金属探测器插进我体内 |
[09:18] | Hey, this is good. | 这样很好 |
[09:20] | You need to talk about it. | 你需要把一切说出来 |
[09:21] | Maybe together, we can understand what it meant. | 也许我们的记忆拼在一起 就能知道它们的目的 |
[09:23] | It meant nothing, Grace! | 它们没有目的 格蕾丝 |
[09:25] | It was senseless cruelty. | 它们无情又残酷 |
[09:26] | They were like little boys plucking wings off a butterfly. | 就像是小男孩摘掉蝴蝶翅膀一样残忍 |
[09:28] | No, I don’t believe that for a second. | 不 我完全不相信 |
[09:31] | They’re so far ahead of us. | 他们比我们先进太多 |
[09:33] | These children are our living proof. | 这些孩子是活生生的证据 |
[09:35] | Some day, they’ll come back for them. | 总有一天 它们会为了孩子们回来的 |
[09:37] | No. Listen, Grace. I don’t want them to come back. | 不 听着 格蕾丝 我不想它们回来 |
[09:38] | And these children have nothing to do with them. | 这些孩子与他们无关 |
[09:41] | If you do anything to try and call them back here… | 如果你敢做任何事把他们招回来… |
[09:43] | Of course they’ll come back… for Kit. | 他们一定会回来的 为了基特 |
[09:45] | They chose him because | 他们选择他 |
[09:47] | his mind is so open, | 因为他思想开放 |
[09:49] | because he has incredible empathy for every living thing. | 他对所有的生物都可以产生共鸣 |
[09:51] | Do not talk to me about Kit. | 别和我谈论基特 |
[09:54] | I married him, remember? | 我嫁给他了 记得不 |
[09:55] | Before all of this madness, we lived together | 在这些疯狂的事情发生以前 |
[09:58] | in this house, as husband and wife. | 我们是夫妻 住在这间房里 |
[10:01] | You really think your life was so much better before? | 你真的觉得之前的生活比现在好吗 |
[10:03] | Before my husband brought home an axe murderer? Yes. | 在我老公带回来个刽子手以前吗 是的 |
[10:06] | They locked you away for a reason, Grace. | 他们把你关起来是有原因的 格蕾丝 |
[10:10] | Well, at least I wasn’t the one locking myself away. | 至少我没封闭我自己的世界 |
[10:14] | Is this the way you want Julia to grow up? | 你想要茱莉亚这样长大吗 |
[10:16] | Ashamed of who she is? | 为自己的身份感到耻辱 |
[10:19] | Grace, I am so sorry. | 格蕾丝 真的很抱歉 |
[10:20] | I’ve never done that before. | 我以前从没这么做过 |
[10:24] | What’s going on? | 发生什么事了 |
[10:28] | Let’s have a family meeting. | 来开个家庭会议吧 |
[10:29] | I’m done. No more meetings. | 我受够了 没有任何家庭会议了 |
[10:34] | Mommy? | 妈妈 |
[10:37] | Grace? | 格蕾丝 |
[11:06] | Do you ever sleep? | 你一直没睡吗 |
[11:10] | Not if I can help it. | 没完成之前我不想睡 |
[11:13] | I’ve spent my whole life asleep and locked away. | 过去的生命我都在沉睡 封闭自我 |
[11:18] | So much time already wasted. | 浪费了那么多时间 |
[11:22] | I won’t waste another moment. | 我不会再浪费时间了 |
[11:24] | I understand. | 我懂的 |
[11:26] | I know you do. | 我知道你懂我 |
[11:33] | I love you, Kit. | 我爱你 基特 |
[11:35] | And Alma. | 以及艾尔玛 |
[11:37] | And our sweet, beautiful miracle babies. | 以及我们可爱美丽的 天赐的孩子们 |
[11:44] | Our life here has been more precious | 我们的生活比我过去想象的 |
[11:46] | than I could have dreamed. | 更加珍贵美好 |
[11:50] | But something’s changed. | 但有些东西变了 |
[11:54] | I won’t live in fear and isolation. | 我不想生活在恐惧和孤独中 |
[11:58] | Not anymore. | 再也不想了 |
[11:59] | Not again. | 再也不要了 |
[12:01] | The future is coming, Kit, | 无论如何 基特 |
[12:03] | no matter what. | 未来近在眼前了 |
[12:05] | We can’t hide from it. | 我们不能逃避掩盖它 |
[12:06] | We have to engage with it. | 我们要去适应它 |
[12:08] | We have to embrace it. | 我们要拥抱迎接未来 |
[12:09] | Locked doors and shuttered windows won’t keep it out. | 紧闭门窗缩在窝里 并不能阻止它的到来 |
[12:13] | Alma needs to understand that. | 艾尔玛得明白这道理 |
[12:15] | We have to open… | 我们必须张开… |
[12:18] | Alma! | 艾尔玛 |
[12:19] | What are you doing?! | 你在干什么 |
[12:23] | Alma! | 艾尔玛 |
[12:24] | – What have you done?! – She wanted to bring them back into our home! | -你做了什么 -她想把那些怪物召回来 |
[12:27] | I couldn’t let her. | 我不能让她这么做 |
[12:28] | We have to… we have to hide. | 我们得 我们得藏起来 |
[12:30] | We have to hide. Kit, we have to hide. | 我们得藏起来 基特 必须藏起来 |
[13:21] | Daddy? | 爸爸 |
[13:24] | Daddy’ll be there in a minute. | 爸爸马上就来 |
[13:41] | Your move, boss. | 该你了 老大 |
[13:46] | We interrupt this program to bring you | 我们中断节目 现在为您播放 |
[13:48] | an emergency broadcast from President Johnson. | 约翰逊总统的紧急广播 |
[13:50] | Snake eyes. | 两点 |
[13:52] | Gum Drop Mountain is mine, chickens. | 口香糖山是我的了 小子们 |
[13:54] | America is shocked and saddened | 美国人民今晚为马丁·路德·金博士 |
[13:56] | by the brutal slaying tonight | 被残酷杀害的事实 |
[13:58] | of Dr. Martin Luther King. | 感到震惊悲痛 |
[14:00] | If you want to get through Peppermint Stick Forest, | 如果你想到达薄荷棍森林 |
[14:02] | you got to go through me. | 你就得经过我的地儿 |
[14:03] | I ask every citizen | 我呼吁所有公民 |
[14:05] | to reject the blind violence… | 拒绝盲目的暴力行为 |
[14:08] | Percy! Knock it off! | 珀西 放弃吧 |
[14:12] | His lithium levels are way too high. | 他的锂水平太高了 |
[14:14] | Dr. Miller should check them, okay? | 米勒医生应该检测下 对吧 |
[14:16] | I pray that his family… | 我祈祷他的家人 |
[14:18] | can find comfort in the memory | 可以在他为这片土地 |
[14:21] | of all he tried to do for the land… | 所做的贡献中找到安慰 |
[14:24] | Martha. | 玛莎 |
[14:25] | Your move. | 该你了 |
[14:30] | Jude. | 裘德 |
[14:33] | May I have a word, please? | 能和你谈谈吗 拜托了 |
[14:36] | Do you hear something? | 你听到什么了吗 |
[14:42] | He couldn’t mean me. | 他说的肯定不是我 |
[14:43] | Jude is dead. | 裘德已经死了 |
[14:44] | I was renamed… | 我被重新命名为 |
[14:47] | what was it? | 什么来着 |
[14:49] | Betty Drake. | 贝蒂·德瑞克 |
[14:50] | Yeah, Betty Drake. | 对 贝蒂·德瑞克 |
[14:53] | Please, Jude, don’t be childish. | 拜托了 裘德 别这么幼稚 |
[14:55] | Childish? | 幼稚 |
[14:55] | Hell, I’m the queen of Candy Land. | 我现在是糖果岛的女王了 |
[14:59] | A short audience, Your Majesty. | 就简单的接见我下吧 陛下 |
[15:03] | You’re leaving Briarcliff? | 你要离开荆棘崖了 |
[15:09] | But you’re not leaving the Church. | 但你没有离开教会 |
[15:13] | On the contrary. | 正相反 |
[15:14] | I’ve been appointed Cardinal. | 我被提拔为红衣主教了 |
[15:17] | Of New York. | 管辖纽约 |
[15:18] | Well, good for you. | 那不错啊 |
[15:20] | You had a dream, you made it come true. | 你有个梦想 并实现了它 |
[15:24] | You should also know that | 我得告诉你 |
[15:25] | the Church is relinquishing ownership of Briarcliff. | 教会放弃了荆棘崖的所有权 |
[15:27] | We’ve donated it to the state. | 我们把它献给了国家 |
[15:29] | They’ll use it as an overflow facility. | 他们会把它建成一个溢流设施 |
[15:33] | Jude… | 裘德 |
[15:35] | I cannot leave here knowing I’ve left you behind to rot. | 我不能就这么离开 让你在这自生自灭 |
[15:38] | I’m arranging for your release. | 我会安排你的释放 |
[15:40] | I’m gonna get you out. | 我会把你带出去 |
[15:42] | The cruelty ends here. | 这儿的残酷生活结束了 |
[15:45] | The cruelest thing of all, Timothy, | 蒂莫西 世界上最残酷的事就是 |
[15:48] | is false hope. | 让人徒生希望 |
[15:49] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[15:51] | I will make you a believer, Jude. | 我会使你成为信徒的 裘德 |
[15:59] | It’s your move, boss. | 该你了 老大 |
[16:47] | What are you doing here? | 你来这儿做什么 |
[16:49] | Me and my girls just got transferred in from County. | 我和我的姐妹们刚从县里转移到这儿 |
[16:52] | I didn’t call for you. | 我没有召唤你啊 |
[16:53] | What? I need an appointment to see Your Highness? | 什么 我还需要请示才能来见您吗 殿下 |
[16:58] | Get her. Royalty. | 听见了吧 人家可是皇室 |
[17:00] | Queen bee, or so I hear. | 我听说你是这里的蜂后 |
[17:04] | You don’t belong here. | 你不属于这里 |
[17:05] | Yeah, that’s what I told the judge. | 是啊 我也是这么跟法官说的 |
[17:08] | He disagreed. | 但他可不这么认为 |
[17:10] | Hell… | 该死的 |
[17:11] | most of my so-called victims | 我那些所谓的受害者 大部分都靠 |
[17:12] | were living off government checks anyway– spongers. | 政府支票为生 一群寄生虫 |
[17:15] | They’d spend their dole on liquor and gambling | 在我连租金都还没见到时 |
[17:17] | before I’d ever see a rent check. | 他们就把救济金花在了饮酒赌博上了 |
[17:20] | I thought I was doing the taxpayer a service. | 我认为我是做纳税人的服务 |
[17:23] | I know who you are. | 我知道你是谁 |
[17:25] | My reputation precedes me. | 我名声在外 |
[17:28] | Good. | 很好 |
[17:29] | Then you know how things are going to go around here. | 那你就该知道这里该怎么办了吧 |
[17:34] | You get one chance to be part of this with me. | 你有机会能和我合作 |
[17:37] | What? | 什么 |
[17:38] | I hear you’re the gal to talk to | 据说如果想搞清楚这里的状况 |
[17:40] | when it comes to the way things run around here. | 就该找你聊聊 |
[17:43] | You can either rule this roost with me, | 你是和我一起管理这个鬼地方 |
[17:46] | or just be one more dumb cluck. | 还是让这里再多一个傻瓜 |
[17:50] | Think it over. | 好好想想吧 |
[17:56] | Storm clouds are gathering, Pepper. | 乌云正在聚集 小胡椒 |
[17:59] | I can see them coming on the horizon. | 我看见它们即将来临 |
[18:02] | I hope the monsignor | 我希望主教大人能够 |
[18:04] | is true to his promise and acts quickly. | 快些兑现他的承诺 |
[18:06] | You know you can’t put stock into his promises, Jude. | 你不能全指着他的承诺 裘德 |
[18:09] | No, you’re being too harsh. | 你也太蛮不讲理了 |
[18:12] | I saw something in his eyes. | 我在他眼里看到了希望 |
[18:15] | There’s nothing there. | 他的眼里什么都没有 |
[18:23] | More souls to take care of. | 又是一些需要照顾的灵魂 |
[18:27] | God help us all. | 帮帮我们吧 上帝 |
[18:29] | I’ll say a prayer for your mother’s | 我会为你母亲祈祷 |
[18:31] | speedy recovery, Jorge. | 赶紧好起来 乔治 |
[18:34] | Yeah, but you should pray too. | 你也应该祈祷 |
[18:36] | Thanks, Betty, I’ll do that. | 谢了 贝蒂 我会的 |
[18:40] | Lights out in ten minutes. | 十分钟后熄灯 |
[18:42] | Hello, gorgeous. | 你好啊 美女 |
[18:43] | I’m on top. | 我睡上铺 |
[18:45] | – What’s she doing here? – She’s your new roommate. | -她在这儿做什么 -她是你的新室友 |
[18:47] | Everyone doubles up, Betty. | 所有人都是两人间 贝蒂 |
[18:49] | No! | 不 |
[18:55] | No. | 不要 |
[18:57] | I don’t know what song was playing in your head, | 我不知道你脑子里在打什么算盘 |
[19:01] | but I don’t want you here. | 但我不想看到你 |
[19:03] | I’m not ready. | 我还没准备好 |
[19:05] | You lose something, honey? | 你掉了些东西吧 亲爱的 |
[19:07] | Yeah. My cigarettes. | 我的香烟 |
[19:10] | You took them. | 原来是你拿走了 |
[19:11] | Everything in this cell belongs to me. | 这间房的所有东西都属于我 |
[19:14] | That includes you. | 包括你 |
[19:16] | Why are you doing this? | 你为什么要这么做 |
[19:18] | Why now? | 为什么现在来 |
[19:21] | I’m so close to getting out. | 我马上就要出去了 |
[19:23] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢 |
[19:25] | Everyone knows there’s only one way out of Briarcliff, | 大家都知道离开荆棘崖只有一个方法 |
[19:28] | and it ain’t the front door. | 那可不是从前门走出去 |
[19:32] | You’re toying with me. | 你在玩我 |
[19:33] | Babycakes, I’m only just starting to toy with you. | 宝贝儿 这只是前戏呢 |
[19:38] | When I get going, | 等我正式开始 |
[19:39] | you’ll be begging for more. | 你会祈求得到更多的 |
[19:42] | You’ll be shaking and moaning. | 你会开始颤抖 呻吟 |
[19:46] | You stay away from me. | 离我远点 |
[19:48] | Don’t be that way. | 不要这样嘛 |
[19:53] | Here. | 来吧 |
[19:54] | Drag. | 吸一口 |
[19:55] | Calm your frazzled nerves. | 平静下你那疲惫的神经 |
[20:01] | You stay away from me. | 离我远点 |
[20:04] | You just stay away from me! | 快离我远点 |
[20:09] | I don’t want anything to do with you. | 我不想跟你一起做任何事 |
[20:13] | You’ll change your tune. | 你会改变想法的 |
[20:18] | You okay, boss? | 你还好吗 老大 |
[20:19] | You look a little green around the gills. | 你脸色有点苍白 |
[20:25] | Trouble sleeping. | 睡得不好 |
[20:27] | They gave me a roommate. | 他们给我安排了室友 |
[20:29] | Stacking us up like cord wood. | 把我们堆起来像绳子绑住的稻草垛 |
[20:41] | My, my, my. | 哟 哟 哟 |
[20:44] | What you doing over here all by your lonesome? | 你自己一人在这儿做什么呢 |
[20:49] | Don’t go hopping off too far, | 不要走得太远 |
[20:50] | my little chocolate bunny. | 我亲爱的巧克力小妞 |
[20:54] | Hey, Rummy. | 嘿 拉米 |
[20:56] | Marge here says you ain’t been cooperating. | 玛吉说你不合作 |
[21:00] | She says you’ve been taking your meds. | 她说你拿走了你的药 |
[21:01] | My meds. Yes, I took them. | 我的药 是的 我拿走了 |
[21:03] | Down the hatch. | 都吞了下去 |
[21:05] | Just 12 pills. | 只有12颗药丸 |
[21:06] | 12 pills a day… | 一天12片 |
[21:08] | keeps the doctor away. | 医生就不见 |
[21:10] | No, see, you weren’t supposed to take them. | 不 你不应该拿走它们 |
[21:11] | You were supposed to squirrel them away. | 你应该把它们都攒起来 |
[21:13] | I told you how, remember, Rummy? | 我告诉过你怎么做 还记得吗 拉米 |
[21:16] | I also told you what would happen | 我还告诉过你不按我说的做 |
[21:17] | if you didn’t do as I said. | 后果会是如何 |
[21:21] | Everyone can see | 所有人都看到 |
[21:22] | you’re challenging me, rummy. | 是你在挑战我 拉米 |
[21:23] | We can’t have that. | 我们不允许 |
[21:52] | Give me a kiss, sweetheart. | 亲爱的 来吻我吧 |
[21:56] | No, get off of me. | 不要 给我滚开 |
[21:58] | I don’t want to die. | 我不想死 |
[22:08] | She tried to kiss me! | 她要亲我 |
[22:10] | She’s death! I’ve seen her before! | 她是死神 我以前见过她 |
[22:12] | – I’ve seen her before! – Crazy goddamn bitch. | -我见过她 -这臭婊子疯了 |
[22:15] | I ain’t rooming with her. | 我不跟她住一起 |
[22:17] | She tried to kill me! | 她想杀了我 |
[22:38] | This is wrong. | 不对 |
[22:41] | It’s all wrong. | 都不对 |
[22:46] | Betty Drake. | 贝蒂·德瑞克 |
[22:47] | What are we going to do with you? | 你在自言自语些什么 |
[22:52] | Betty… | 贝蒂 |
[22:55] | Do you know where you are? | 你知道你在哪儿吗 |
[23:03] | In my o… | 在我办公室 |
[23:09] | In your office. | 在你办公室里 |
[23:10] | And do you know who I am? | 那你知道我是谁吗 |
[23:12] | – Uh… Dr. Crump? – Correct. | -克伦普医生 -没错 |
[23:16] | I hear you’ve had a bit of a dustup with your new roommate. | 我听说你和新室友大干了一架 |
[23:21] | I was… I… | 我当时 |
[23:26] | I thought she… | 我以为她 |
[23:32] | I don’t like her. | 我不待见她 |
[23:33] | You haven’t liked any of the women you’ve roomed with. | 你从来就没有待见过你的任何室友 |
[23:36] | That’s five in two months. | 两个月换了五个 |
[23:38] | What? | 什么 |
[23:39] | There are no single rooms here at Briarcliff, Betty. You know that. | 贝蒂 荆棘崖可没有单人间 你懂的 |
[23:43] | Unless you want to go back to solitary. | 除非你想关禁闭 |
[23:46] | I know you spent quite a bit of time there when you first arrived, | 我知道你刚来时待在那儿的时间可不少 |
[23:49] | but you don’t want to go back there, do you, Betty? | 但你不想再被关吧 是吗 贝蒂 |
[23:54] | – No. – Good. | -不想 -很好 |
[23:55] | Then I can count on you to make more of an effort | 那我就相信你会更加努力 |
[23:58] | to get along with your roommate. | 跟你室友处好关系 |
[24:04] | Has the monsignor left any word? | 主教有留下什么话吗 |
[24:07] | The monsignor? | 主教 |
[24:09] | I need to speak to him. | 我得和他谈谈 |
[24:10] | I need to speak to the monsignor. | 我得和主教谈谈 |
[24:11] | You mean the hospital chaplain? | 你是说驻院牧师吗 |
[24:13] | No. No. | 不 不 |
[24:15] | No. | 不是 |
[24:18] | I mean Monsignor Timothy Howard. | 我是说蒂莫西·霍华德主教 |
[24:21] | I spoke to him right before he left for New York. | 他去纽约前 我跟他谈过 |
[24:24] | He’s working on my release. | 他正在给我办出院手续呢 |
[24:26] | I need to speak to him. | 我得跟他谈谈 |
[24:28] | – You mean Cardinal Timothy Howard? – Yeah. | -你是说蒂莫西·霍华德红衣主教 -对 |
[24:33] | Cardinal. | 是红衣主教 |
[24:36] | He… he told me that he had been appointed Cardinal of New York. | 他告诉我 他已经被认命为纽约红衣主教 |
[24:42] | Two and a half years ago. | 两年半以前的事了 |
[24:45] | What? | 什么 |
[24:47] | Timothy Howard was appointed Cardinal of New York | 在教堂把荆棘崖交给州政府不久之后 |
[24:50] | shortly after the Church donated Briarcliff to the State. | 蒂莫西·霍华德就被认命为纽约红衣主教 |
[24:53] | Two and a half years ago. | 那是两年半以前的事了 |
[24:55] | No. | 不 |
[24:58] | No, I just… I… | 不 我刚刚 |
[24:59] | I just talked to him on Monday. | 我周一刚跟他谈过 |
[25:01] | You’re confused, Betty. | 贝蒂 你弄错了 |
[25:03] | I am not! | 我没有 |
[25:11] | I’m not confused. | 我没弄错 |
[25:14] | Ask Pepper. She was there. | 你问小胡椒 她当时也在场 |
[25:16] | – Pepper? – Pepper. Yeah. | -小胡椒 -对 小胡椒 |
[25:21] | The pinhead. | 头小小的那个 |
[25:22] | She’s a friend of mine. | 她是我朋友 |
[25:24] | Oh, yes, that poor microcephalic creature. | 是的 那个小头症患者 |
[25:26] | You were very upset when she passed. | 她死的时候你可伤心了 |
[25:36] | Passed? | 死了 |
[25:51] | Pepper died, Betty. | 小胡椒死了 贝蒂 |
[25:54] | Winter of ’66. | 1966年冬天 |
[25:56] | Shortly after we took over. | 我们接管后不久 |
[25:58] | Don’t you remember? | 你不记得了吗 |
[26:08] | It’s all right, Betty. | 没关系 贝蒂 |
[26:10] | I’ll talk to Dr. Crayden about upping your chlorpromazine levels. | 我会告诉克雷登医生给你加大药量 |
[26:16] | Everything’s going to be all right. | 一切都会好起来的 |
[26:27] | Ladies and gentlemen, it is my distinct honor | 先生们女士们 我十分荣幸 |
[26:30] | to welcome to Newman’s Books the writer of Maniac | 请来了纽曼丛书《疯子》的作者 |
[26:35] | One Woman’s Story of Survival. | 这是一个女人求生的故事 |
[26:37] | It’s been on The New York Times Best Seller list for… | 在纽约时报畅销书榜单上已经 |
[26:41] | ten weeks now. | 上榜十周 |
[26:42] | The book is a sensation, | 这本书非常刺激 |
[26:44] | and after devouring it in one sitting, | 我迫不及待一口气就读完了 |
[26:46] | I can honestly say… she’s my hero. | 我必须说 她是我的英雄 |
[26:49] | Please welcome my new favorite author, | 有请我们新晋最受喜爱作家 |
[26:51] | Lana Winters. | 拉娜·温特斯 |
[27:02] | I’ve been asked to do a small reading before the signing. | 在签售之前 我受邀朗读一小段内容 |
[27:06] | So here goes. | 那我开始了 |
[27:10] | “How long had it been? | “待了多久呢 |
[27:13] | “20 minutes? 20 hours? | “二十分钟 二十小时 |
[27:17] | “20 days? In a windowless room without a clock, | “还是二十天 在没有窗也没有钟的房间里 |
[27:21] | “Time felt like a luxury I couldn’t afford. | “时间就像我承担不起的奢侈品 |
[27:25] | “I reminded myself, any moment now, my time could end. | “我告诫自己 每个当下 时间都可能停止 |
[27:29] | “And all the minutes I extracted with my lies, | “我为了挖掘真相而撒谎 |
[27:32] | “With the show of affections and empathy, | “而展现情愫与共鸣的每一分钟 |
[27:35] | “Could slip from my grasp like sand through my fingers. | “都像从我指缝流过的细沙 |
[27:39] | “Click, click, click. | “滴答 滴答 滴答 |
[27:42] | “The fluorescent lights flickered on. | “荧光灯明灭不定 |
[27:45] | “Adrenaline coursed through my body. | “肾上腺素流淌于我的身体 |
[27:47] | “My muscles tensed. | “我肌肉拉紧 |
[27:48] | “My heart pounded through my chest. | “我的心在胸腔中狂跳 |
[27:52] | “His appearance was always unexpected. | “他的出现总是出其不意 |
[27:55] | “I came to believe he was always watching me, | “我逐渐相信他一直在监视我 |
[28:00] | “Waiting to catch me off guard. | “等着抓我个措手不及 |
[28:01] | “But this time, | “但这一次 |
[28:02] | “There was more than one coming down the basement steps. | “来地下室的脚步声不止一个 |
[28:07] | “Another woman, | “另一个女人 |
[28:09] | “Her hands tied behind her back, staggered in front of him. | “她双手被捆在身后 步履蹒跚于他跟前 |
[28:12] | “She stumbled down the stairs, landing hard on the tile floor. | “她跌跌撞撞走下楼梯 艰难地踏上瓷砖地板 |
[28:15] | “And she looked up at me, | “然后她抬头看着我 |
[28:18] | “And it was as if I was looking in a mirror | “我好像照镜子一样 |
[28:21] | “And saw my own despair. | “只看到了我内心的绝望 |
[28:25] | “That’s when he turned to me and said, | “他转向我 说道 |
[28:28] | “‘Say hi to our new toy.'” | “‘跟我们的新玩具打个招呼吧'” |
[28:30] | That’s bullshit. | 一派胡言 |
[28:33] | That never happened. | 那不是真的 |
[28:34] | You told me that that’s what you were going to do. | 你告诉过我你准备那么做 |
[28:36] | You tortured me with the idea, | 你用那种想法折磨我 |
[28:38] | that somehow I would be responsible for another victim. | 好像我该为下一个受害者负责 |
[28:40] | I suggested it– I never did it. | 我说说罢了 但我没那么做 |
[28:42] | Because I escaped before you could. | 因为我在你那么做之前就逃跑了 |
[28:44] | It’s still a lie, Lana. | 但拉娜 那还是谎言 |
[28:46] | You put it in your book just so you could | 你写进书里只是因为 |
[28:47] | sell more copies. You sold out. | 那能增加销量 都卖光了 |
[28:50] | I’m a writer. | 我是个作家 |
[28:51] | It’s my job to tell the essence of truth. | 我的工作就是说出真相的本质 |
[28:55] | Is that why you called me your roommate? | 所以你把我称为室友吗 |
[28:58] | I was your lover, but in your book, | 我是你的爱人 但在书中 |
[29:00] | I was covered in a cloak of asexuality. | 我被贴上无性恋的标签 |
[29:02] | Our life together disappeared. | 我们共同的生活没有了 |
[29:04] | That part of my life wasn’t pertinent to the book. | 那部分生活和这本书没什么关系 |
[29:08] | It would have distracted the reader from the central theme. | 那可能会让读者混淆了中心主题 |
[29:10] | Your theme? | 主题是你吧 |
[29:12] | Face it, Lana, | 承认吧 拉娜 |
[29:13] | you’re only interested in one thing: | 你只对一件事感兴趣 |
[29:16] | fame. | 名声 |
[29:23] | Miss Winters? | 温特斯小姐 |
[29:38] | I’m sorry. I must have lost my place. | 抱歉 我忘记刚才读到哪了 |
[29:40] | No. | 不 |
[29:41] | I’m sorry. | 我才抱歉 |
[29:43] | I’m sorry you had to go through that again. | 很抱歉让你回顾往事 |
[29:46] | You’re so incredibly brave. | 你真是太勇敢了 |
[30:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[30:12] | I couldn’t find any snacks. | 我没找到零嘴 |
[30:14] | Didn’t I ask you to pack almonds? | 不是让你带上杏仁了吗 |
[30:17] | This tab is warm. | 拉环都是温的 |
[30:18] | – Jesus. – Uh, they don’t have any ice here. | -天哪 -他们没有冰块 |
[30:21] | So then hightail it to the HoJo’s across the street. | 那还不快去街对面的酒店拿 |
[30:23] | Okay. | 好的 |
[30:27] | So who do I make it out to? | 要献给谁 |
[30:30] | Kit. | 基特 |
[30:31] | Kit Walker. | 基特·沃克 |
[30:33] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[30:35] | Kit… | 基特 |
[30:43] | Oh, sweetheart. | 亲爱的 |
[30:45] | I was so sorry to hear about Grace. | 格蕾丝的事我很遗憾 |
[30:48] | I wanted to write to you. | 我想写信给你的 |
[30:51] | Well, would’ve been nice to hear from you. | 要是收到你的来信我会很开心 |
[30:53] | Can’t lie. | 不瞒你说 |
[30:55] | No, yes, I know, it’s just… | 不 是的 我知道 只是 |
[30:58] | It’s been so crazy. | 这太疯狂了 |
[31:01] | I just sold the film rights to Hollywood. | 我刚把电影版权卖给了好莱坞 |
[31:03] | Can you believe it? | 难以置信吧 |
[31:04] | – Wow. – Yeah. | -太棒了 -是啊 |
[31:06] | What do you think of Tuesday Weld as me? | 你觉得塔斯黛·韦尔德演我怎么样 |
[31:12] | Well, a girl can dream, right? | 女孩总会天马行空 对吧 |
[31:13] | She’d be a great you. | 她一定能演好你 |
[31:15] | Great you. | 惟妙惟肖 |
[31:19] | So, uh, you got time for a cup of coffee? | 有时间和我喝杯咖啡吗 |
[31:23] | Did you see me on Cavett? | 你看到我上《卡维特脱口秀》了吗 |
[31:25] | I was so nervous, but I think I did well. | 我很紧张 但应该表现不错 |
[31:28] | He was very complimentary during the commercials. | 插播广告时 他对我赞不绝口 |
[31:31] | I’m sure you knocked ’em dead. | 我肯定你的魅力征服了他们 |
[31:33] | Anyway, you been back to Briarcliff? | 话说 你回过荆棘崖吗 |
[31:35] | Oh my God, Kit, you are not gonna believe | 天啊 基特 你一定想不到 |
[31:37] | what I’m doing next. | 我接着要做什么 |
[31:38] | A book about Leigh Emerson and his crime spree | 我要写利·艾默生逃出荆棘崖之后的 |
[31:40] | after he escaped from Briarcliff. | 疯狂犯罪 |
[31:43] | That psycho who nailed the Monsignor to the cross? | 是那个把主教钉在十字架上的疯子吗 |
[31:45] | Did you know killed seven nuns? | 你知道吗 他杀了七个修女 |
[31:47] | Seven. | 七个 |
[31:49] | I thought of calling it “Santa and the Seven Nuns.” | 书名就叫《圣诞老人和七个修女》 |
[31:53] | – Too campy? – Why are you writing about him?! | -会不会太做作 -你为什么要写他 |
[31:56] | Jesus! | 天啊 |
[31:57] | He’s just another maniac. | 他只不过是另一个疯子 |
[32:00] | That’s my canvas, Kit. | 这是我的创作源泉 基特 |
[32:02] | I’ve found my voice. | 我找到了自己的特色 |
[32:04] | The way Capote did with In Cold Blood. | 就像卡波特创作《冷血》 |
[32:06] | I have a perspective on the stunted male psyche | 我写身心残缺男性疯子的视角 |
[32:09] | that no one else has. | 无人能及 |
[32:11] | I lived it. | 我以此为生 |
[32:13] | You swore you were gonna take down Briarcliff. | 你发誓要扳倒荆棘崖 |
[32:16] | Expose it to the world. | 将真相公之于众 |
[32:19] | You promised Jude. | 你答应过裘德 |
[32:21] | You were gonna be a reporter. | 你要做记者 |
[32:23] | Not a cheap celebrity. | 而不是这种不入流的名人 |
[32:25] | Things change. | 世事会变 |
[32:28] | People change. | 人也会变 |
[32:31] | I built a life for myself, Kit– | 我开始了自己的生活 基特 |
[32:34] | A really substantial life– | 实实在在的生活 |
[32:36] | And I did it by spinning straw into gold. | 我点石成金 |
[32:40] | It could’ve gone very differently. | 当初的誓言早已不再 |
[32:44] | Hm, I would’ve thought you of all people | 我以为所有人之中 |
[32:46] | would understand that. | 你最理解这一切 |
[32:49] | I do. | 我理解 |
[32:51] | And I respect you. | 我也尊重你的决定 |
[32:52] | – But this is… – Believe me… | -但是这 -相信我 |
[32:55] | I know all too well that I could still be in there, | 我很清楚我现在可能还被关在那里 |
[32:57] | drooling in the bread dough with all the other lunatics. | 和那些疯子们一起为面包团流口水 |
[33:00] | Careful when you talk about those lunatics. | 提起那些疯子的时候小心措辞 |
[33:04] | You’re talking about my wife. | 你说的是我妻子 |
[33:06] | Thomas, he loves to build things– | 托马斯喜欢搭建东西 |
[33:08] | I bought him a train set the other day and next thing I know, | 我前几天给他买了一套火车模型 |
[33:11] | he put the track together by himself. | 他很快就自己把铁轨搭好了 |
[33:15] | Julia is a little dancer. | 茱莉亚是个小舞者 |
[33:17] | She loves to dance… just like her mother. | 她喜欢跳舞 就跟她妈妈一样 |
[33:21] | I miss them so much. | 我好想他们 |
[33:22] | They miss you, too. | 他们也想你 |
[33:24] | No, they don’t even know me. | 不 他们都不认识我 |
[33:32] | Every night at dinner, | 每天晚饭 |
[33:33] | Julia makes me make an extra plate in case you come home hungry. | 茱莉亚都让我多拿个盘子 好让你回家就能吃饭 |
[33:38] | I’d give anything to see them again. | 我愿放弃一切 只为再见他们一面 |
[33:40] | Could you bring them next time even if only for a few minutes? | 下次你能带他们来吗 哪怕只有几分钟 |
[33:48] | No, forget it. | 不 还是算了 |
[33:49] | You can’t bring them here. | 你不能带他们来 |
[33:53] | I’m so sorry, Alma. | 我很抱歉 艾尔玛 |
[33:56] | I don’t know how you survived this place. | 我不知道你在这里是怎么撑过来的 |
[34:02] | Jesus. | 天哪 |
[34:04] | I had no idea she was there. | 我不知道她在那里 |
[34:08] | Not anymore. | 已经不在了 |
[34:12] | There was no warning. | 毫无预兆 |
[34:13] | No sign at all. Her heart just stopped. | 完全没有 她的心跳突然就停止了 |
[34:29] | I’m sorry, Alma. | 对不起 艾尔玛 |
[34:34] | I’m such a fool. | 我真是个傻瓜 |
[34:39] | All my crazy plans. | 我那些疯狂的计划 |
[34:42] | And look where that got us. | 看看我们现在的下场 |
[34:48] | I completely failed you. | 我彻底辜负了你 |
[34:52] | And Grace. | 还有格蕾丝 |
[34:56] | And those kids. | 还有两个孩子 |
[34:59] | I’m going to try to make it right. | 我会尽力弥补过错 |
[35:01] | My God. | 天哪 |
[35:04] | Everyone’s gone but us. | 除了我们 大家都死了 |
[35:08] | Well, there is one person left. | 还有一个人活着 |
[35:10] | Toughest one of all. | 我们之中最坚强的 |
[35:12] | – What do you mean? – Jude. | -什么意思 -裘德 |
[35:15] | She’s still there. | 她还在那里 |
[35:16] | That’s not possible. | 不可能 |
[35:18] | I saw her death certificate. | 我看到了她的死亡证明 |
[35:20] | And I saw her. | 可我亲眼见到了她 |
[35:32] | Any instructions on how you’d like us to deal with her body? | 您希望我们怎么处理她的尸体 |
[35:34] | I’m gonna take her home. She’ll be buried on our land. | 我要把她带回家 好好安葬 |
[35:55] | Move! Move! Move! Move! Move! | 让开 都让开 |
[36:01] | Time for my story. | 我的故事要开始了 |
[36:17] | Sister Jude? | 裘德修女 |
[36:23] | Sister Jude. | 裘德修女 |
[36:26] | It’s me… Kit Walker. | 是我 基特·沃克 |
[36:33] | They said you were dead. | 他们说你死了 |
[36:36] | I know they did. | 我知道 |
[36:38] | Because they stole the rights. | 他们偷走了我的版权 |
[36:40] | The rights to my story. | 这是我的故事 |
[36:46] | It’s based on my life, every word of it… | 我的人生 一字不差 |
[36:49] | I’ll notify you the moment | 我会告诉你 |
[36:50] | that Sister Bertrille… lands. | 波翠乐修女着陆的时间 |
[36:55] | Sister Bertrille. | 波翠乐修女 |
[37:00] | She’s got the Devil in her. | 她被魔鬼附了身 |
[37:03] | She stole my hat. | 她偷了我的帽子 |
[37:05] | Your hat? | 你的帽子 |
[37:06] | That’s how she did it. | 所以她才逃了出去 |
[37:08] | How she managed to fly out of this place. | 飞出了这个鬼地方 |
[37:14] | They don’t know it, | 他们其实不知道 |
[37:16] | but I don’t need the hat. | 我用不着帽子 |
[37:22] | I can fly without it. | 没有帽子我也能飞 |
[37:25] | One of these days, | 总有一天 |
[37:26] | I’m gonna fly my ass right out of here! | 我要飞出这里 |
[37:34] | Watch and see. | 等着瞧吧 |
[37:43] | I don’t doubt it. | 我相信你 |
[37:55] | I didn’t know. | 我不知道 |
[37:57] | I couldn’t know. | 我怎么会想到 |
[37:59] | I went back there, Kit. I did try. | 我回去过 基特 我去了 |
[38:02] | The Monsignor told me she’d hanged herself. | 主教跟我说 她悬梁自尽了 |
[38:04] | He lied to you. She’s been there this whole time. | 他骗了你 裘德一直被关在那儿 |
[38:06] | I don’t know what you expect me to do about that now. | 我不知道你现在还指望我做些什么 |
[38:09] | What you said you’d do– get the place shut down. | 遵守承诺 关掉荆棘崖 |
[38:13] | The world has to know what’s going on at Briarcliff. | 必须向世人曝光荆棘崖里的事 |
[38:15] | The place is a snake pit. | 那地方只有疯子待得下去 |
[38:16] | And it always has been. | 本身就是 |
[38:19] | And I’m sorry to hear about Jude. | 裘德的事我也很难过 |
[38:21] | It’s heartbreaking, but let’s be real here. | 的确闻着伤心见者流泪 但现实一点吧 |
[38:25] | Every bed in that place, she made. | 是她一手建立了荆棘崖 |
[38:29] | Her choice, not ours. | 她自作自受 与我们无关 |
[38:32] | Can you really be that hard? | 你真的就这么冷血 |
[38:33] | I’m as hard as I have to be. | 我必须如此 |
[38:35] | – It’s what’s kept me alive. – I’m sorry. | -这样我才能活下来 -打扰一下 |
[38:38] | But there’s a dozen more people waiting to get their books signed. | 还有很多读者在等着您给新书签名呢 |
[38:51] | It really was good to see you again, Kit. | 很高兴再次见到你 基特 |
[38:54] | Yeah, sure. | 是啊 |
[38:56] | Good luck out there. | 祝你好运 |
[39:38] | Everything with a white dot is 25% off. | 标白点的书打七五折 |
[39:42] | Books with orange dots, 50%. | 橙点的半价 |
[39:47] | I’m not looking for bargains. | 我不是来淘打折书的 |
[39:49] | I’m looking for a particular title. | 我就想找一本书 |
[39:51] | It’s a really old book. | 是本很老的书了 |
[39:53] | I’m a connoisseur of the… first printing. | 我专门收集书籍的第一版 |
[39:56] | You mean first edition? | 你是指初版吗 |
[39:58] | Yeah, that’s it. | 没错 |
[40:00] | First edition. | 初版 |
[40:01] | You’re in the wrong place. | 那您来错地儿了 |
[40:03] | All we have left are the crap we haven’t sold | 我们这儿只有整整44年 |
[40:05] | in the last 44 years. | 都卖不掉的破书 |
[40:08] | If you noticed, we’re going out of business. | 您应该留意到了 我们就要关门大吉了 |
[40:10] | No. | 不 |
[40:11] | The computer says that you’re the only store around | 电脑上查到只有你们这儿有一本 |
[40:13] | with an autographed copy. | 上面有作者亲笔签名的 |
[40:15] | Maniac– One Woman’s Story of Survival. | 书名叫《疯子——一个女人的死里逃生》 |
[40:19] | By Lana Winters? That’s not for sale. | 拉娜·温特斯写的 那本书不卖 |
[40:22] | I’ve been looking for it for a long time. | 这本书我找了很久 |
[40:24] | It’s my mother’s personal copy. | 那是我母亲的私人藏书 |
[40:28] | She credited that book with giving her enough courage | 她说 正是这本书给了她 |
[40:30] | to finally leave my father. | 离开我父亲的勇气 |
[40:33] | She said he was her own version of Bloody Face. | 她说 我父亲就是她生命中的血脸杀手 |
[40:38] | Name your price. | 开个价吧 |
[40:41] | I’m related to her. | 我和她有血缘关系 |
[40:43] | The writer. | 那个作者 |
[40:44] | She’s my mother. | 她是我的母亲 |
[40:45] | Listen, I was a women’s studies major. | 我主修女性学 |
[40:48] | I’ve read every one of her books. | 我看过拉娜的每一部作品 |
[40:50] | The only baby she ever had was by rape with Bloody Face, | 她只在被血脸杀手强暴那次怀过一个孩子 |
[40:56] | and he died at birth. | 那孩子一出生就夭折了 |
[41:00] | Can I see it? | 能让我看看吗 |
[41:03] | I just want to see her name. | 我只是想看看她的签名 |
[41:14] | 《疯子——一个女人的求生经历》 作者 拉娜·温特斯 | |
[41:20] | That’s her signature. | 这就是她的签名 |
[41:24] | That’s as close as I ever got to her in person. | 我第一次离她这么近 |
[41:30] | Okay. We’re done. | 好了 就这样了 |
[41:33] | Bye-bye. | 慢走不送 |
[41:35] | I gave you a chance to name your price. | 我给过你机会让你出价 |
[41:38] | Now I’ll tell you mine. | 现在该轮到我了 |
[41:39] | There’s nothing you could say | 你什么都不用说了 |
[41:41] | to make me change my mind. | 我不会改变主意的 |
[41:43] | You’re going to give me that book, | 你必须把书给我 |
[41:45] | because it’s my fate to have it. | 我注定得拥有它 |
[41:49] | You see, I have a plan | 我都计划好了 |
[41:51] | to meet my mother. | 母子相见的场景 |
[41:53] | And when I see her, I’m gonna greet her | 见到她的时候 我会跟她打个招呼 |
[41:55] | with a polite, “Hello, Ms. Winters.” | 彬彬有礼地道一句 您好 温斯特女士 |
[41:57] | “Do you know who I am?” | 您知道我是谁吗 |
[41:59] | And she’ll shake her head in ignorance, | 她会一脸茫然地摇摇头 |
[42:02] | and then I’ll present this book of lies. | 接着我就拿出这本满是谎言的书 |
[42:04] | And then I’ll say, | 对她说 |
[42:06] | “I’m in your book, | 您把我也写进书中了啊 |
[42:09] | except I didn’t die.” | 唯一的不同是 我还活着 |
[42:13] | “I’m the piece of trash you threw away 48 years ago.” | 48年前 你将我弃之敝履 |
[42:19] | “I’m your son.” | 我就是你的儿子 |
[42:22] | And when she fully understands | 等她终于回过神来 |
[42:24] | who it is standing in front of her, | 明白站在她面前的人到底是谁 |
[42:27] | I’ll take out my nine-millimeter handgun, | 我就会拿出一把九毫米口径的手枪 |
[42:30] | point it at her face | 指着她的脸 |
[42:32] | and pull the trigger. | 扣下扳机 |
[42:35] | And finally… | 终于 |
[42:38] | I will have completed my father’s work. | 我完成了父亲的伟业 |
[42:44] | But first, I’m gonna need that book. | 但首先 我需要那本书 |