时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:12] | Shadow, we’re going to be releasing you later this afternoon. | 影子 我们今天下午就会释放你 |
[00:15] | Your wife– | 你妻子… |
[00:18] | she died in the early hours of this morning. | 她今天凌晨去世了 |
[00:21] | Was a– an automobile accident… | 死于…车祸 |
[00:26] | Also, you lost something vital in there, not just time. | 还有 你在里边失去了很重要的东西 |
[00:31] | If I was inclined, what might I call you? | 如果我想的话 要怎么称呼你呢 |
[00:36] | I could be Mr. Wednesday with a shake of the handed. | 握个手我就能成为星期三先生 |
[00:40] | How much has our man told you? | 我们老大告诉你多少了 |
[00:45] | You’re my man now. | 你现在是我的人了 |
[00:46] | Do you know who he is? | 你知道他是谁吗 |
[00:48] | Who he really is? | 他的真正身份 |
[04:42] | Oh, she long dead. | 她很久之前就死了 |
[04:49] | She wouldn’t give it up for Johannes up there | 她不愿和上面的约翰尼斯发生关系 |
[04:51] | so he threw her off the boat. | 所以被他扔下了船 |
[04:55] | Did you know your momma couldn’t swim? | 你知不知道你母亲不通水性 |
[04:58] | You all need to work on that. Take swimming lessons. | 你们都得加油 去学学游泳吧 |
[05:01] | This is how we get stereotypes. | 陈规俗套就是这么形成的 |
[05:05] | Anansi… | 安纳西… |
[05:08] | You want help? | 需要帮忙吗 |
[05:11] | Fine. | 行啊 |
[05:13] | Let me tell you a story. | 让我给你说个故事 |
[05:15] | “Once upon a time, a man got fucked.” | 「很久之前 有个男的生活凄惨」 |
[05:21] | Now, how is that for a story? | 故事的开头怎么样 |
[05:23] | Cause that’s the story of black people in America. | 因为那是美国黑人的故事 |
[05:31] | Shit, you all don’t know you black yet. | 该死 你们都还不知道自己是黑人呢 |
[05:34] | You think you just people. | 你们以为自己是普通人 |
[05:36] | Let me be the first to tell you | 让我来第一个告诉你们 |
[05:38] | that you are all black. | 你们都是黑人 |
[05:42] | The moment these Dutch motherfuckers set foot here | 当那些杀千刀的荷兰人第一次踏足这里 |
[05:45] | and decided they white, | 并且声称他们是白人之后 |
[05:47] | and you get to be black, | 你们就都是黑人了 |
[05:48] | and that’s the nice name they call you… | 那还是他们好听的叫法… |
[05:52] | Let me paint a picture | 让我给你们描绘一下 |
[05:54] | of what’s waiting for you on the shore. | 船到岸之后等待着你们的生活 |
[05:57] | You arrive in America, | 你们到达美国 |
[06:00] | land of opportunity, milk and honey, | 一个充满了机遇 牛奶和蜂蜜的土地 |
[06:03] | and guess what? | 猜猜怎么着 |
[06:06] | You all get to be slaves. | 你们都得去当奴隶 |
[06:08] | Split up, sold off and worked to death. | 分开贱卖 工作到死 |
[06:13] | The lucky ones get Sunday off to sleep and fuck | 幸运点的人周末能放个假 用来睡觉做爱 |
[06:16] | and make more slaves, and all for what? | 好生出更多的奴隶孩子 但是图个什么 |
[06:19] | For cotton? Indigo? | 为了棉花 靛蓝染料 |
[06:22] | For a fucking purple shirt? | 为了紫色T恤 |
[06:26] | The only good news is | 唯一的好消息就是 |
[06:28] | the tobacco your grandkids are gonna farm for free | 你们的孙子在农场无偿种的烟草 |
[06:33] | is gonna give a shitload of these white motherfuckers cancer. | 能让这坨白人混蛋得癌症 |
[06:38] | And I ain’t even started yet. | 我这还只是说了个开头 |
[06:41] | A hundred years later. | 一百年后 |
[06:44] | You’re fucked. | 你们都死透了 |
[06:46] | A hundred years after that. | 再过一百年 |
[06:49] | Fucked. | 又死一批 |
[06:51] | A hundred years after you get free, | 你们恢复自由身的一百年后 |
[06:53] | you still getting fucked out a job | 你们还是找不到工作 |
[06:56] | and shot at by police. | 被警察射杀 |
[06:58] | You see what I’m saying? | 听懂我说的了吗 |
[07:03] | This guy gets it. | 这个小伙子听懂了 |
[07:06] | I like him. | 我欣赏他 |
[07:09] | He’s getting angry. | 他生气了 |
[07:13] | Angry is good. | 愤怒是好事 |
[07:17] | Angry gets | 愤怒 |
[07:21] | shit done. | 能成大事 |
[07:25] | You shed tears for Compé Anansi, | 你为安纳西留下眼泪 |
[07:28] | and here he is, telling you | 现在他来了 告诉你 |
[07:32] | you are staring down the barrel | 等待着你们的是 |
[07:36] | of 300 years of subjugation, | 长达三百年的奴役 |
[07:39] | racist bullshit and heart disease. | 种族歧视和心脏病 |
[07:44] | He is telling you | 他在告诉你 |
[07:47] | there isn’t one goddamn reason | 你有充足的理由 |
[07:49] | you shouldn’t go up there right now | 现在上去 |
[07:52] | and slit the throats | 把那些荷兰混蛋 |
[07:55] | of every last one of these Dutch motherfuckers | 全部割喉 |
[07:59] | and set fire to this ship! | 然后放火烧了这艘船 |
[08:17] | You already dead, asshole. | 你已经死了 傻瓜 |
[08:20] | At least die a sacrifice for something worthwhile. | 至少为更有意义的东西献身吧 |
[08:27] | Let the motherfucker burn! | 让这个混蛋玩意烧起来吧 |
[08:33] | Let it all burn! | 都烧起来吧 |
[10:18] | – Were you shot at? – No. | -你中枪了吗 -没有 |
[10:30] | If you were, I’d have to call the cops. | 如果中枪了 我就要报警了 |
[10:32] | No. | 不用 |
[10:34] | No. No cops. | 不 不要叫警察 |
[10:46] | The fuck you do? | 你干了什么好事 |
[10:49] | Why, it depends on who you ask. | 这取决于你问的是谁 |
[10:51] | You ask the girl’s mother, | 你问的是女孩的母亲 |
[10:52] | she’ll say I did a series of unspeakable things. | 她会说我做了一些难以启齿的事情 |
[10:55] | You ask that mouth-breather she calls a boyfriend, | 你问那个她称为男朋友的蠢蛋 |
[10:58] | he’ll be at a loss for words. | 他会无话可说 |
[10:59] | But you ask the girl herself, | 如果你问女孩自己 |
[11:00] | I’m guessing she’ll say I opened a few doors. | 我猜她会说我开启了新世界的大门 |
[11:03] | Come on, ask her yourself. | 来啊 自己去问她 |
[11:12] | I’m asking you what do know about a slaughtered lynch mob? | 我是问你知不知道实施屠杀式私刑的暴徒 |
[11:16] | I don’t know what the fuck you speak of. | 我不知道你他妈在说什么 |
[11:18] | I was merely passing the time as instinct indicated | 我只是趁你去凭吊已故的爱妻 |
[11:21] | while you were paying your last respects to your dearly departed. | 凭着本能需求打发时间而已 |
[11:24] | How was the funeral? | 葬礼怎么样 |
[11:28] | It’s over. | 结束了 |
[11:29] | Well, you wanna come in and talk about it? | 你想进来聊聊吗 |
[11:30] | You just– just– | 你给我 |
[11:36] | Hey, you-you hungry? | 你饿了吗 |
[11:37] | I mean, they got no food here, | 这里没有吃的 |
[11:38] | but you can order a pizza, and you can put it on the room. | 但你可以订份披萨记在房间账上 |
[11:40] | Look, I’m not fuckin’ hungry. Okay? | 我他妈才不饿 好吗 |
[11:44] | I was just hijacked by a toad-skin-smokin’ punk | 我刚被一个癞皮烟鬼朋克绑架到 |
[11:46] | in a virtual fuckin’ limo. | 一辆鬼豪车里 |
[11:48] | Said to tell you that he’s reprogrammed reality. | 要我跟你说他将现实重写了 |
[11:51] | What a little asshole. | 真是个小混蛋 |
[11:55] | – Oh, you know him? – Oh, I know who he is. | -你认识他 -我知道他是谁 |
[11:58] | They don’t have a clue. They don’t have a fucking clue. | 他们一无所知 他们屁都不知道 |
[12:01] | I don’t have a fucking clue. Okay? | 我他妈才屁都不知道 好吗 |
[12:03] | I don’t give a fuck if they don’t have a fucking clue. | 我他妈才不在乎他们知不知道 |
[12:05] | I want one. Give me a fucking clue. | 我想知道 给我一点提示 |
[12:07] | Clues were not in the agreement. | 提示不在协议之内 |
[12:09] | Oh, neither was my ass hanging from a fucking tree. | 协议内也不包括我被挂在树上 |
[12:12] | I was lynched. Strange fuckin’ fruit. | 有人要绞死我 像奇怪的果子 |
[12:14] | Plucked plucky fruit. Here you stand. | 英勇的果子落地了 你这不好好的吗 |
[12:17] | Unusual outcome for a lynching. | 绞刑通常都不是这后果 |
[12:19] | Chalk it all up to occupational hazard. | 都算到职业危险账上吧 |
[12:22] | And occupational hazard gets hazard pay. | 职业危险自有危险津贴 |
[12:24] | Double your salary. That do it? | 给你双倍工资 行吗 |
[12:30] | – It’ll do something. – Good. | -勉强说得过去 -好 |
[12:32] | Compact amended. | 协议已修订 |
[12:33] | How much longer you gonna be in this town? | 你还要在这镇上待多久 |
[12:36] | I don’t know. Maybe another day. | 不知道 可能再待一天 |
[12:38] | You’re done here, we’re done here. | 这里没你啥事了 我们也没啥说的了 |
[12:41] | Goodnight. Your first bed as a free man. Enjoy it. | 晚安 获释后的第一觉 好好享受 |
[12:52] | Shadow? | 影子 |
[12:58] | About that little shit in the big limo. | 豪车里那个小贱种 |
[13:01] | An assault on you is an insult to me. | 攻击你就等于侮辱我 |
[13:05] | Don’t think because I didn’t lose my temper | 别以为我没发脾气 |
[13:07] | I’m not angry or I’m lacking a plan. | 就代表我没生气或束手无策 |
[14:44] | I didn’t mean to wake you. | 我不是故意吵醒你的 |
[14:50] | Laura… | 劳拉 |
[14:53] | they told me you died. | 他们说你死了 |
[14:56] | Who said I died, puppy? | 谁说我死了 狗狗 |
[15:00] | Everyone. | 都这么说 |
[15:03] | Oh, you were just having a bad dream. | 你只是做了个噩梦 |
[16:29] | 欢迎回家 影子 | |
[17:33] | 科西阿斯科县 法医办公室 | |
[19:12] | 在上班 对 加班吗 但愿不会 下班了告诉我 刚下班 马上出发 到家了 一会儿见 | |
[20:16] | You going to miss it? | 你会怀念这吗 |
[20:22] | Eagle Point? | 鹰角镇吗 |
[20:25] | No. | 不 |
[20:28] | Too many Laura memories. | 有太多劳拉的记忆 |
[20:30] | Never really had a life here. | 从没真正在这生活过 |
[20:32] | It’s Laura’s town. | 这里是劳拉的小镇 |
[20:38] | Too many people tell each other not to repress their emotions, | 很多人跟彼此说不要压抑自己的情感 |
[20:43] | to release their feelings, to let the pain go. | 把感受发泄出来 忘掉痛苦 |
[20:45] | There’s a lot to be said for bottling up emotions. | 关于压抑自己的情感有很多好处可言 |
[20:51] | I’m gonna tell you something and you’re gonna want to hurt me, | 我有话要跟你说 你听了会想揍我 |
[20:55] | but what I say has gotta be said. | 但我这话不得不说 |
[20:59] | So I want you to consider my words very carefully | 所以希望你仔细考虑我的话 |
[21:02] | and refrain from knocking my teeth out. | 以及克制住别打掉我的牙 |
[21:09] | – Say it. – Word on the street is | -说吧 -有传言说你妻子死的时候 |
[21:12] | your wife died sucking your best friend’s cock. | 嘴里还含着你最好朋友的阴茎 |
[21:16] | And you, sir, are only obligated to feel bad about that for so long. | 而先生你 只可以难过一阵 |
[21:30] | Thank you… | 谢谢你 |
[21:34] | for warning me. | 提醒我 |
[22:10] | Why coin tricks? | 为什么玩硬币戏法 |
[22:11] | You don’t really have the personality to be a magician. | 你的性格真的不适合做魔术师 |
[22:15] | You can’t weave the stories that are necessary for belief | 你编造不出足够让人信服的故事 |
[22:18] | unless you have a little personality. | 除非你有一点个性 |
[22:23] | – You do have craft, though. – Thank you. | -但你的技术确实可以 -谢谢 |
[22:26] | Turn off here. | 在这下去 |
[22:28] | – No, the highway’s ahead. – We’re not taking the highway. | -不 前面就是高速路 -我们不走高速 |
[22:31] | Not now, not ever. | 现在不 永远也不 |
[22:33] | – No highways. – Okay, okay, no highways. | -不走高速 -好好 不走高速 |
[22:41] | – Why no highways? – Seen one, seen ’em all. | -为何不走高速 -天下高速 大同小异 |
[22:44] | No chance for serendipitous lovely. | 没机会偶然碰到什么美景 |
[22:46] | Let there be beauty where there can be. | 去可能的地方发掘美吧 |
[22:48] | And keep her under 70, would you, huh? | 速度保持在100公里以下 行吗 |
[22:50] | – Betty likes a slow ride. – So what’s the plan? | -贝蒂喜欢开慢点 -你怎么打算的 |
[22:53] | Plan is we will be meeting with a number of people | 打算是跟一些在各自领域 |
[22:56] | preeminent in their respective fields. | 卓有成就的人见面 |
[22:58] | And then we will rendezvous | 然后我们要在 |
[22:59] | at one of the most important places in the entire country. | 全国最重要的地方之一会合 |
[23:03] | Where is the most important place in the country? | 全国最重要的地方在哪 |
[23:05] | One of the most important places. | 最重要的地方之一 |
[23:06] | Opinion is justifiably varied. | 观点当然众说纷纭 |
[23:09] | But we will be stopping in Chicago first. | 但我们要先到芝加哥停一停 |
[23:12] | What’s in Chicago? | 芝加哥有什么 |
[23:15] | My hammer. | 有我的锤子 |
[23:54] | I’ve got a meeting in here, | 我在这约了人见面 |
[23:55] | and I want you to do some shopping for me. | 我想要你帮我买点东西 |
[23:58] | Here’s a thousand dollars and a list of things to get. | 这是一千块钱和购物清单 |
[24:01] | Don’t like dropping in on friends empty-handed. | 不喜欢两手空空突然造访朋友 |
[24:03] | Money situation’s a little tight at the moment, | 手头暂时有点紧 |
[24:05] | so we can agree now you bring me receipts | 要么你把收据拿回来 |
[24:07] | or you don’t skim more than a reasonable 5 percent. | 要么私藏的钱不要超过5% |
[24:11] | Oh… I’m not gonna steal from you. | 我不会偷用你的钱 |
[24:13] | You can’t look out for yourself, how the hell you gonna look out for me? | 你都顾不了自己 要怎么照顾我 |
[24:35] | 荧光笔 州地图 耳罩 剪贴板 纸盒香烟格拉特 浪漫小说5-6 一轮哈瓦蒂香草芝士 | |
[25:03] | Not so fast. We need to talk, Shadow. | 等一下 影子 我们得谈谈 |
[25:07] | Look at me, Shadow, all in hi-def. | 看着我 影子 高清的画面 |
[25:10] | We shot the show in 35mm, cutting edge. | 当年这个片子用35毫米胶片拍的 尖端科技 |
[25:14] | Looks like hell in the transfer. | 转高清时显得特别烂 |
[25:18] | Funny how things supposed to make you look good | 讽刺吧 本该让人漂亮的画面 |
[25:20] | only make it worse. | 结果反而更难看 |
[25:22] | I can’t even fill the whole screen. | 我连这屏幕都填不满 |
[25:36] | The fuck is this? | 这他妈什么情况 |
[25:38] | Just little old me. | 只是我 |
[25:46] | Talking to Lucille Ball. | 露西·芭尔在和我说话 |
[25:48] | Lucy Ricardo. | 是露西·里卡多 |
[25:50] | I’m all sorts, Shadow. | 这些都是我 影子 |
[25:51] | The screen is the altar. | 这个屏幕是个祭坛 |
[25:53] | I’m the one they sacrifice to. | 人们献祭的对象是我 |
[25:55] | Then till now. | 一直到现在 |
[25:57] | Golden Age to Golden Age. | 一个黄金时代到下一个黄金时代 |
[25:59] | They sit side by side, ignore each other, | 他们一个挨着一个坐着 都不理会对方 |
[26:01] | and give it up to me. | 全部奉献给了我 |
[26:03] | Now they hold a smaller screen on their lap | 现在摆在大腿上亦或是在手上 |
[26:04] | or in the palm of their hand | 有更小的屏幕 |
[26:06] | so they don’t get bored watching the big one. | 这样他们就不会看着大屏幕无聊了 |
[26:09] | Time and attention, | 时间和注意力 |
[26:11] | better than lamb’s blood. | 比羔羊的血强多了 |
[26:15] | They beat your pretty face all up. | 你的漂亮脸蛋被打得不轻啊 |
[26:17] | I hate that. | 我不喜欢 |
[26:19] | I hate that they were hurting you, Shadow. | 影子 我恨他们伤害了你 |
[26:21] | I would never do that to you, honey. | 亲爱的 我永远不会这么做 |
[26:23] | No, I want to offer you a job. | 我只想给你份工作 |
[26:27] | – Doing what? – Working for me. | -什么工作 -为我工作 |
[26:30] | I want you in my camp with us. | 我想让你加入我们的阵营 |
[26:34] | Look at it like this, Shadow: | 事情是这样的 影子 |
[26:36] | We’re the coming thing. | 我们是属于未来的新生力量 |
[26:37] | We are already here. | 我们就在你的身旁 |
[26:39] | We are self-driving cars and 3D printers | 我们是自动驾驶汽车 3D打印机 |
[26:42] | and subdermal time-release insulin. | 还有皮下定时释放胰岛素 |
[26:44] | And your old boss is still | 而你的老大依然 |
[26:45] | selling oranges on the side of the road. | 在街边卖着橘子 |
[26:47] | Not even organic. | 连有机的都不是 |
[26:49] | We are now and tomorrow… | 我们属于现在和未来 |
[26:52] | and tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow. | 以及无限的未来 |
[26:56] | And he ain’t even yesterday anymore. | 而他甚至都不属于过去 |
[26:59] | I heard about the trouble you had with the Technical Boy. | 我听说了你和科技小子之间的冲突 |
[27:02] | I was impressed with how you dealt with him. | 你和他打交道的方式我很欣赏 |
[27:05] | Efficient, no-nonsense, effective. | 高效率 没有拖泥带水 成效显著 |
[27:08] | Who’d have thought you had it in you? | 谁能想到你还有这实力 |
[27:10] | He was underestimating you, sweetheart. | 亲爱的 他太低估你了 |
[27:12] | They all are. | 他们都低估你了 |
[27:14] | Not a mistake I’ll make. | 我不会犯同样的错误 |
[27:17] | Yeah, well I don’t want to work for you, I-Love-Lucy. | 但我不想为你工作 《我爱露西》 |
[27:20] | We’re done. | 就这样 |
[27:21] | Whatever the old guys are giving you, | 不管那老家伙付给你多少钱 |
[27:23] | I can give you so much more. | 我可以给你更多 |
[27:26] | You name it, honey. | 只要你开出价来 亲爱的 |
[27:27] | What do you need? | 你想要什么 |
[27:30] | Hey, you ever wanted to see Lucy’s tits? | 想看看露西的胸吗 |
[27:32] | Lucy! | 露西 |
[27:38] | Don’t fight gravity, Shadow. | 别和引力作对 影子 |
[27:40] | I’ve been at this a while, | 我做这个有段时间了 |
[27:41] | not as long as some, but I’ve seen things. | 也许没有别人长 但我也看到了许多事情 |
[27:44] | Guys like you end up a suicide every time. | 像你这样的人都自杀了 |
[27:48] | I’m trying to help you keep your neck out of the belt. | 我只是想帮你保命 不会上吊自杀 |
[28:27] | That went as well as can be expected. | 发展和我预期的一样 |
[28:30] | Oh, you all gassed up and ready to go? | 加好油准备出发了吗 |
[28:34] | I think I’m losing my mind. | 我觉得我快疯了 |
[28:36] | Well, when will you know for sure? | 你什么时候可以确定 |
[28:38] | I’ve heard of guys losing it when they get out. | 我听说过从监狱出来后发疯的例子 |
[28:40] | Are you trying to wiggle your way out of this job? | 你是想找机会翘班吗 |
[28:43] | Lucy– | 露西 |
[28:44] | – I-Love-Lucy talked to me. – Oh, the television program? | -《我爱露西》和我说话了 -那个电视剧 |
[28:48] | No, Lucy herself came– This is so fucking crazy. | 不是 露西本人 这太疯狂了 |
[28:52] | And like the rest of your life is sane? | 那你生活的其他部分正常吗 |
[28:54] | Lucy talking to me from the TV is weirder | 电视里的露西和我说话了 |
[28:55] | by several orders of magnitude than anything that’s ever happened to me. | 这比我这辈子经历过的事还要怪几个等级 |
[28:58] | So far. | 只是到目前为止 |
[29:01] | Oh, at times the universe does seem | 有些时候宇宙会将你挑出来 |
[29:02] | to have singled you out for unique abuse. | 给你特别的虐待 |
[29:05] | In these moments, you gotta ask yourself: | 在这些时刻你得问问自己 |
[29:08] | Would I rather be ignored? | 我宁愿被忽视吗 |
[29:10] | Yes. | 当然 |
[29:11] | Okay, yes, ignore me. | 当然 忽视我吧 |
[29:12] | Always better dead than forgotten. | 被遗忘还不如死了 |
[29:15] | And no one is ever gonna forget you. | 没有人会忘记你的 |
[29:18] | Now, flattering as that may be, | 听起来可能有些奉承 |
[29:19] | this, on top of your other adventures– | 这件事 外加你的其他经历 |
[29:23] | Sudden onset of strange. | 突如其来的怪事 |
[29:25] | Fair cause for consternation, unless strange is a new language | 惊慌失措很正常 除非奇怪是一门新语言 |
[29:28] | and what we’re doing here is vocabulary building. | 而我们正在创建它的词汇 |
[29:32] | Fuck your vocabulary. | 去你的词汇 |
[29:34] | Okay? This is gibberish. | 这是什么胡话 |
[29:36] | Seems you have a choice. You may have to consider | 看起来你有个选择 你可能得考虑 |
[29:39] | that you didn’t see what you saw. | 其实你没有看见你看见的 |
[29:44] | – Or… – Or you did. | -或者 -或者你看见了 |
[29:47] | The world is either crazy or you are. | 不是这世界疯了就是你疯了 |
[29:49] | They’re both solid options. Take your pick, | 这都是很好的选项 来选吧 |
[29:51] | and when you decide, come and tell me. | 你决定好了后再来告诉我吧 |
[29:53] | But don’t rush into it. Take your time. | 但是别急 慢慢来 |
[29:56] | Difficult decision. | 很难做抉择 |
[30:01] | They threatened to reprogram reality. | 他们威胁要重新编辑现实 |
[30:05] | I mean, is– Is that what this is? | 是这样吗 |
[30:07] | Are they just fucking with my head? | 他们是要给我洗脑吗 |
[30:09] | Are you fucking with my head? | 你在洗我的脑吗 |
[30:14] | There are bigger sacrifices | 人可能会被要求 |
[30:16] | one might be asked to make | 做出更大的牺牲 |
[30:19] | than going a little mad. | 而不是发疯 |
[30:30] | Well, this is good. This is very good. | 这个不错 这真的不错 |
[30:32] | You can read a list. | 你挺会办事的 |
[30:33] | What– What the hell is this? | 什么 这是什么玩意 |
[30:38] | – You don’t have one. – I don’t want one. | -你还没有手机 -我不想要 |
[30:40] | Well, you need one. What if someone wants to talk to you? | 你需要一部 有人想和你通话怎么办 |
[30:43] | Why the hell would I want to talk to anyone? | 我和别人通话干什么 |
[30:44] | Okay, what if I need to talk to you, huh? | 好吧 如果我是我想和你通话呢 |
[30:47] | – Try shouting. – What– | -用喊的 -什么 |
[30:49] | Or in a pinch… | 或者是在紧要关头 |
[30:52] | a telegram. | 用电报 |
[30:53] | You know I miss those. | 你知道 我可想念那些东西了 |
[30:55] | Dots and dashes, secret code. | 点和破折号 秘密代码 |
[30:57] | There was drama in there. | 那里边可全都是戏 |
[30:59] | Someone gave you an envelope, you got anticipation. | 有人给你一个信封 你就会有期待 |
[31:01] | What’s in there? So you’d open it very slowly. | 里边是什么呢 然后你慢慢的打开 |
[31:04] | Every phrase chosen carefully | 每一句话都谨慎地遣词造句 |
[31:06] | ’cause they charge you by the word. | 因为他们按照字数收钱 |
[31:08] | First wire ever sent | 第一份电报是由 |
[31:09] | by Samuel F.B. Morse himself in 1844, | 塞缪尔·莫尔斯在1844年亲自发送的 |
[31:13] | “What hath God wrought?” | 「上帝创造了什么」 |
[31:16] | Goddamn information age is what. | 创造的是该死的信息时代 |
[31:19] | Best thing about these states we’re headed towards– | 咱们正前往的那些州可棒的很 |
[31:22] | Minnesota, Wisconsin– | 明尼苏达 威斯康星 |
[31:25] | is that they have the kind of women | 那里有那种我年轻时 |
[31:26] | that I loved when I was younger. | 最喜欢的姑娘 |
[31:28] | Pale-skinned, blue-eyed. | 白皙的皮肤 蓝色眼睛 |
[31:30] | Hair so fair it’s almost white. | 发色很淡 几乎像白雪一样 |
[31:33] | Wine-colored lips, full round breasts | 唇若点樱 乳房丰润 |
[31:36] | with veins running through them | 其中血管涌动 |
[31:37] | like a good cheese. | 就像是块好奶酪 |
[31:40] | Only when you were younger? | 只在你年轻的时候 |
[31:42] | You did alright last night. | 你昨晚收获也不错 |
[31:45] | You wanna know the secret of my success? | 你想知道我成功的秘诀吗 |
[31:48] | The secret is charm. | 秘诀就是魅力 |
[31:50] | Yeah, well, you either got it or you don’t. | 没错 你要么是有 要么就是没有 |
[31:52] | Charms can be learned like anything else. | 魅力可以像其他东西一样学到的 |
[36:59] | Zorya Vechernyaya. | 卓娅·维切恩亚亚 |
[37:02] | He don’t going to be happy to see you. | 他看到你可不会高兴 |
[37:18] | Organic bullshit. | 有机的胡扯 |
[37:30] | Of course you come after I do shopping. | 你就是偏要在我采购之后来 |
[37:33] | Now I have to send back to store | 现在我得回去商店 |
[37:35] | to make enough for tonight for supper. | 买足够今天晚餐吃的原料 |
[37:37] | You bad news. | 你来就没好事 |
[37:38] | I only come when matters are vital, as they are now. | 我只有在事态紧急时才来 正如现在 |
[37:42] | God, you are gorgeous. | 神啊 你可真漂亮 |
[37:45] | You have not aged. | 你一点都没老 |
[37:48] | And I brought you a present. | 我还给你带来了份礼物 |
[37:51] | And for your sister. | 还有给你二妹的 |
[37:54] | And for your sister. | 这是给你三妹的 |
[38:06] | Zorya Ultrennyaya! | 卓娅·乌特恩亚亚 |
[38:09] | She is awake. | 她醒着 |
[38:10] | Our other sister is still asleep. | 我们的小妹妹还在睡 |
[38:15] | Something to warm your bedside table. | 送你个暖床头的 |
[38:18] | Our guests stay for dinner. Go back to store. | 客人要留下来吃晚饭 再去趟商店 |
[38:20] | A roast, six potatoes, a rye loaf with seeds. | 一份烤肉 六个土豆 黑麦面包带芝麻 |
[38:24] | – No seeds, take the wheat. – I can help. | -没有芝麻的就要全麦的 -我可以帮忙 |
[38:27] | You sit. You are guest. Coffee first. | 你坐 你是客人 先喝咖啡 |
[38:33] | The Zorya sisters always make a marvelous home. | 卓娅姐妹总是能搞出个了不起的家 |
[38:37] | We do okay. We pay rent on time even. | 我们还好 我们按时付房租 |
[38:40] | We make some money from the slaughterhouse. | 我们从屠宰场挣了些钱 |
[38:42] | My sister and I make a dollar here, | 我们姐妹三个靠算命赚钱 |
[38:44] | a dollar there reading fortune. | 这里赚点 那里赚点 |
[38:46] | I make the most of course. | 当然我是赚的最多的 |
[38:48] | It’s because you tell the prettiest lies. | 那是因为你撒的谎最美 |
[38:51] | The truth is not what people want to hear. | 真相可不是人们最想听到的 |
[38:53] | Prettiest woman, prettiest lies. | 最美的女人 最美的谎言 |
[38:58] | Black as night, sweet as sin. | 黑暗如夜 甜美如罪 |
[39:05] | You take coffee then I read your future. | 你喝咖啡 然后我给你算命 |
[39:08] | You want from me. My sisters are garbage. | 你得听我的 我两个妹妹都是垃圾 |
[39:12] | You do not believe in fortunes. | 你不相信算命 |
[39:16] | I think that… | 我觉得 |
[39:18] | we’re all fucked any way it comes out. You know? So… | 不论如何我们都会完蛋 所以… |
[39:21] | Saying that before it happens is just playing the odds. | 在发生之前说出来仅仅是概率问题 |
[39:27] | You go sit, be comfortable. | 你去坐下 放轻松 |
[39:29] | Washroom is second door, not third. | 洗手间是第二个门 不是第三个 |
[39:31] | The third you do not touch. | 你不要去碰第三间 |
[39:32] | My other sister is sleeping inside. | 我另一个妹妹在里边睡着 |
[39:35] | She needs her rest. | 她需要休息 |
[39:36] | Is she sick? | 她病了吗 |
[39:45] | He does not know our world. | 他不知道我们的世界 |
[39:49] | I’m easing him in. | 我还在领他入门 |
[39:50] | You are worst man I have ever seen. | 你是我见过最差的男人 |
[40:35] | – That smell. – We have guest. | -这味道是 -我们有客人了 |
[40:37] | We have two guests. | 我们有俩客人 |
[40:44] | Votan! | 沃坦 |
[40:46] | Nice to see you, Czernobog, old friend. | 很高兴见到你 岑诺伯格 老朋友 |
[40:49] | I brought a gift. | 我带来份礼物 |
[40:56] | Yeah? | 是吗 |
[41:00] | And some of that herb Havarti you like so much. | 还有些你特喜欢的香草哈瓦蒂干酪 |
[41:03] | Why is he in my home? | 他在我家里做什么 |
[41:05] | Make him not be here, or I’ll make him not be here. | 让他出去 不然我就亲手赶他走 |
[41:08] | I already invite him for dinner. I cannot uninvite. | 我已经请他吃晚饭了 我不能反悔啊 |
[41:11] | I come here only to share bread and information. | 我来这里只是为了分享面包和信息的 |
[41:14] | What you choose to do with the latter is entirely up to you. | 后者怎么处理就任由你了 |
[41:17] | Already he’s spitting on my rug. | 他这就开始在我地毯上吐痰了 |
[41:19] | Just a few moments of your time, | 就只占用你一点时间 |
[41:21] | while my man here helps the ladies | 让我这手下帮助女士们 |
[41:23] | prepare a delicious meal I’m sure. | 准备一顿丰盛的大餐 我保证 |
[41:25] | For old times’ sake. | 看在老交情的份上 |
[41:37] | Make dinner first. | 先做晚餐 |
[42:05] | – I’d be happy to help. – I murder you first. | -我很愿意帮忙 -我会先杀了你 |
[42:09] | Think your husband might beat you to it. | 我想你丈夫会抢在你前头 |
[42:11] | Czernobog is nobody’s husband. | 岑诺伯格不是任何人的丈夫 |
[42:12] | I am nobody’s wife. Relatives. | 我不是任何人的妻子 是亲戚 |
[42:15] | We come over here together long time ago. | 我们在很久之前一起来到这里 |
[42:18] | Family is who you survive with | 家人就是在你需要活下来的时候 |
[42:21] | when you need to survive. | 和你一起活下来的人 |
[42:22] | Even if you do not like them. | 即使你不喜欢他们 |
[42:27] | Everything looks great. | 看起来都很棒 |
[42:29] | Meat will be tough, potatoes will be soft. | 肉会很硬 土豆会很软 |
[42:31] | I am not a good cook. | 我不是一个很好的厨子 |
[42:33] | When I was young, there were servants to make meals. | 我年轻的时候 有佣人给我做饭 |
[42:35] | Here, there are no servants. | 在这 没有佣人 |
[42:36] | There’s only us, and learning is beneath me. | 只有我们 我不屑于学 |
[42:50] | Thought you were supposed to read tea leaves. | 还以为你会从茶叶中读出点什么 |
[42:53] | Tea is disgusting. | 茶很恶心 |
[43:02] | So what does it say? | 所以你看出来什么了 |
[43:10] | You will have a long life, | 你会寿比南山 |
[43:12] | and a happy one, with many children. | 幸福美满 子孙绕膝 |
[43:18] | That bad, huh? Any good news? | 那么糟 有好消息吗 |
[43:21] | Your mother die of cancer. | 你母亲死于癌症 |
[43:25] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[43:28] | You no die of cancer. | 你不会死于癌症 |
[43:35] | Can you get out? I want you to get out! | 你能滚出去吗 我要你滚出去 |
[43:38] | And take your man with you. | 带上你的人滚 |
[43:40] | Or I will break him open… | 否则我会把他开膛破肚 |
[43:42] | …and I will choke you slowly | 用他的心 |
[43:45] | with his heart. | 慢慢地令你窒息 |
[43:46] | I’m not going with you anywhere! | 我哪也不会跟你去的 |
[43:49] | What’s the matter? Let her wake up. | 怎么了 让她醒来好了 |
[43:51] | Let your sister hear this con man, | 让你妹听听这个骗子 |
[43:53] | this son of a bitch, come into my home | 这个狗娘养的 走进我家 |
[43:56] | and try to make me die. | 想要让我死 |
[43:58] | You brought that madness into my life once. | 你曾经这种疯狂念头带到我的生活中 |
[44:02] | – Never again. – They’ll all be there. | -不会有第二次了 -他们都会到那 |
[44:05] | Everyone except you– | 除你以外的所有人 |
[44:08] | …each of them thinking they know what strong is. | 他们每个人都觉得自己知道什么是强大 |
[44:12] | And if you’re not there to show them otherwise… | 如果你不让他们知道厉害的话 |
[44:16] | They respect you. | 他们尊敬你 |
[44:18] | They know you. | 他们了解你 |
[44:19] | No, no. They don’t know me. | 不 不 他们不了解我 |
[44:22] | You know me. | 你了解我 |
[44:24] | You know what these hands have done. | 你知道这双手都干过什么 |
[44:26] | You don’t want me. You want my brother, | 你想要的不是我 是我兄弟 |
[44:30] | and he’s not here. | 他不在这 |
[44:31] | Then we’ll die. | 那我们就会死 |
[44:34] | It will be glorious, win or lose. | 一定会很荣光的 不论输赢 |
[44:37] | I’m tired of glorious. | 我厌倦了荣光 |
[44:40] | Is something wrong? | 发生什么事了吗 |
[44:41] | Nothing at all, my sister. Go back to sleep. | 什么也没发生 妹妹 继续睡吧 |
[44:45] | I’m not successful. | 我没有成功 |
[44:49] | We should go. | 我们该走了 |
[44:51] | Said you needed him. | 你说你需要他的 |
[44:52] | There’s always another way. | 总会有别的办法的 |
[44:54] | No, no, no. No. Food is cooked. | 不不不 已经开始做饭了 |
[44:57] | Zorya Vechernyaya invited you for dinner, right? | 卓娅·维切恩亚亚邀请你们吃晚饭了 对吗 |
[45:02] | So you stay and you eat. | 所以你们留下来 吃饭 |
[45:04] | Otherwise, she will be insulted. | 否则 她会觉得被侮辱了 |
[45:07] | You understand? | 明白吗 |
[45:09] | But if you want to leave after, | 但是如果你吃完后走人的话 |
[45:11] | I will hold open the door. | 我会帮你开门的 |
[45:36] | Delicious. | 很美味 |
[45:37] | To think I nearly missed this fabulous meal, hmm? | 想想我差点错过这顿美妙的晚餐 |
[45:41] | Thank you, ladies. Shadow. | 谢谢你们 女士们 影子 |
[45:44] | My old friend, hmm? | 我的老朋友 |
[45:49] | You’re black, right? | 你是黑人 是吗 |
[45:55] | That a problem? | 有问题吗 |
[45:57] | We never much care about skin, like the Americans. | 我们并不像美国人那样那么关注肤色 |
[46:01] | Where we’re from, everyone has the same color, | 在我们的故乡 每个人都是同样的肤色 |
[46:04] | so we must fight over shades. | 所以我们就为发色而战斗 |
[46:11] | You see, my brother had light hair and beard. | 我哥的头发和胡须是金色的 |
[46:14] | Me dark, like you. | 我则是黑色的 像你一样 |
[46:17] | I was like the black man over there. | 我就像那里的黑人 |
[46:20] | As against my brother, the white. | 相对我哥这样的白人来说 |
[46:24] | Everybody thought he must be the good one. | 每个人都觉得他肯定是好的那个 |
[46:28] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[46:31] | So I became me. | 所以我成了这样 |
[46:33] | But time passes. Now I’m gray. | 但随着时间流逝 现在我灰发灰须了 |
[46:37] | Yeah, he too, I– I believe, now is gray. | 他也是 我相信他现在也是灰发灰须了 |
[46:42] | So you wouldn’t be able to tell | 所以你们看不出来 |
[46:44] | who is light, who is dark. | 谁是浅色头发 谁又是深色头发 |
[46:47] | So much for fighting over color. | 不要再为此争斗不休了 |
[46:53] | Yeah, you see, when we came to America, | 当我们来美国的时候 |
[46:57] | we first came to New York. | 我们先去的纽约 |
[46:59] | Everyone first come to New York. | 每个人都先去纽约 |
[47:01] | New York was– | 纽约是… |
[47:02] | Yeah, it was all right. | 还好啦 |
[47:04] | Sometimes even good, right? Aye? | 有的时候甚至不错 是吗 |
[47:06] | And then we came here, Chicago, everything became bad. | 然后我们来这 芝加哥 一切都变坏了 |
[47:10] | I think in the old country, you know, I am forgotten. | 在故国 我被遗忘了 |
[47:13] | Here, I’m like a bad memory. | 在这 我就像是噩梦 |
[47:17] | So, I had to find work, | 所以 我得找工作 |
[47:21] | and I found meat business. | 我就找到了肉类生意 |
[47:24] | You know it? | 你知道吗 |
[47:26] | I know the eating part. | 我知道吃的那部分 |
[47:27] | I know the killing. | 我知道杀的那部分 |
[47:34] | So I got job on killing floor as a knocker. | 所以我找到了个杀生的工作 |
[47:38] | It was a good job. | 是个好工作 |
[47:40] | Yeah, skilled labor. | 技术工种 |
[47:42] | A cow comes up the ramp. | 牛顺着斜坡滑过来 |
[47:45] | And you take a sledge hammer, and– Boop! | 你就拿起大锤 砰 |
[47:48] | You knock the cow dead. | 你就把牛打死了 |
[47:51] | It takes strength. | 是需要力量的 |
[47:52] | No cow-killing stories during dinner. | 不要在吃饭的时候讲杀牛的故事 |
[47:55] | How do you think meat get on your plate? | 你觉得肉是怎么到你盘子里的 |
[48:01] | It takes strength, but not only strength. | 这需要力量 但仅仅有力量是不够的 |
[48:05] | It takes talent, because it’s a craft. | 还需要天赋 因为这是门手艺 |
[48:07] | You have to do it right, | 你得做对 |
[48:09] | or the cow gets angry. | 否则就会把牛激怒 |
[48:11] | And angry meat taste bad. | 而愤怒的肉就不好吃了 |
[48:14] | Yeah, you need arms to break the skull, | 你需要工具来打破头骨 |
[48:18] | but that’s not the goal. | 但那并不是目的 |
[48:19] | The goal is to crush the brain inside the skull, | 目的是摧毁头骨里的大脑 |
[48:22] | and quick, before the pain can travel | 在疼痛从大脑外层传入内层之前迅速了结 |
[48:25] | from outside the brain to the inside, | 在疼痛从大脑外层传入内层之前迅速了结 |
[48:27] | so the brain never knows the brain is crushing. | 这样大脑就永远不晓得自己被搞坏了 |
[48:31] | To give a good death is art. | 漂亮地屠杀是一门艺术 |
[48:34] | But nowadays, they have this bolt gun. | 结果现在都用钉枪了 |
[48:37] | You know? Put it on the forehead. | 就抵在牛的前额上 |
[48:42] | Yeah. | 就这样 |
[48:43] | Now every monkey with a thumb can kill. | 现在所有猴子只需一根拇指就可以灭掉 |
[48:47] | They sit there all day, all night. | 他们整日整夜的就坐在那儿 |
[48:54] | Yeah, so much for killing. | 杀生就是这样了 |
[49:00] | Do you know checkers? | 你会玩跳棋吗 |
[49:08] | I was in prison for three years. | 我蹲了三年的监狱 |
[49:13] | Yeah, people go crazy for chess. | 很多人喜欢象棋 |
[49:16] | But you know what? | 但是你知道吗 |
[49:17] | Checkers is honest. | 跳棋才是最诚实的 |
[49:21] | Every man’s an equal. | 人人平等 |
[49:24] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[49:25] | After you finish eating, | 等你吃完饭 |
[49:26] | maybe you and I play checkers. | 咱俩可以玩几局跳棋 |
[49:30] | I shall play black. | 我来执黑子 |
[49:34] | Is good? | 行吧 |
[49:36] | – Is good. – Yeah. | -行 -好 |
[49:38] | I like it. Confident. | 我很中意你 够自信 |
[49:42] | Maybe we even bet a little, huh? | 也许我们可以小赌一把 |
[49:45] | You don’t have to play him. | 你没必要陪他玩 |
[49:49] | What do you say? | 意下如何 |
[49:54] | You guys play a lot of checkers? | 你们经常玩跳棋吗 |
[49:57] | The sisters don’t play. | 三姐妹从不玩 |
[49:59] | But I keep sharp, not like my arms. | 但我的技艺一直很高超 不像我的胳膊 |
[50:03] | They don’t get the workout they used to, huh? | 你的胳膊不能像以前一样经常得到锻炼是吗 |
[50:06] | No more killing floor to swing my hammer. | 没有什么屠宰场能再让我挥舞大锤了 |
[50:14] | First blood is mine. | 首杀是我的了 |
[50:19] | So you’ve lost. Game is done. | 你输了 游戏结束 |
[50:25] | I just started. | 我刚开始 |
[50:32] | Confident. | 自信 |
[50:38] | You wanna see it? | 你想看看吗 |
[50:41] | See what? | 看什么 |
[50:42] | The hammer. | 锤子 |
[50:47] | The one I used to kill. | 我用来杀戮的锤子 |
[50:59] | It’s dull now, but… | 虽然现在钝了 但是… |
[51:02] | The secret to keeping it clean is use. | 保持干净的秘诀就是经常使用 |
[51:06] | Yeah, blood feeds it, | 用鲜血滋养它 |
[51:08] | gives it shine. | 让它光芒如新 |
[51:12] | You know, the best blood flows at sunrise, | 最好的血液是在日出时分 |
[51:16] | when the cattle is rested, fed, and calm. | 那时的牛休息充分 吃饱喝足 情绪冷静 |
[51:21] | Now my hammer is red with rust. | 现在我的锤子长满了红锈 |
[51:27] | No more sunrise blood. | 再也没有什么日出之血了 |
[51:36] | Ten thousand deaths made right here. | 这把锤子经历了上万次杀戮 就用这里 |
[51:56] | Are you going to play or what? | 你到底还要不要玩棋 |
[52:00] | It’s your move. | 该你了 |
[52:14] | Your move. | 该你了 |
[52:19] | We make a wager on our little game, huh? | 我们打个赌吧 |
[52:23] | You relax. This is not your game, okay? | 别慌 这场棋局不是你在玩 |
[52:28] | You see, your master wants me to come with him | 你的主人想让我跟他走 |
[52:30] | to deal with his nonsense. | 帮他实现那些无聊计划 |
[52:35] | Well… | 所以呢 |
[52:37] | Listen. If I lose, | 如果我输了 |
[52:40] | I will go with Votan and do what he asks, | 我就跟沃坦走 听他吩咐办事 |
[52:44] | and I will nod in front of the others. | 其他人都可以作证 |
[52:48] | And if you win? | 如果你赢了呢 |
[52:49] | I get to knock your brains out with my hammer. | 我就用我的锤子砸碎你的脑袋 |
[52:56] | But first, you have to go down on your knees, | 但首先你要跪在地上 |
[53:00] | and I will hit you with this. | 然后我一锤下去 |
[53:03] | Just one blow. | 只需一下 |
[53:07] | Right here. | 就锤在这里 |
[53:10] | Sunrise blood. | 日出之血 |
[53:12] | Is good? | 行吗 |
[53:18] | He’ll take that shot… | 他肯定会下手的 |
[53:20] | no joke, no boast, no half-measures. | 不开玩笑 不是自夸 也没有折中之计 |
[53:26] | How good are you? | 你的棋艺如何 |
[53:30] | How bad do you need him? | 你有多渴望他 |
[53:35] | It’s your decision. | 你自己决定吧 |
[53:50] | All right, if-if all this is real, | 好吧 如果这些都是真的 |
[53:53] | and– and– and TVs talk, | 如果 电视能讲话 |
[53:57] | and she can read fortunes | 她可以预测未来 |
[53:59] | and hammers bleed, | 大锤会流血 |
[54:00] | and if there is a world… | 如果世界之下 |
[54:05] | under a world… | 还有世界 |
[54:14] | Yo, fuck it. | 操他妈的 |
[54:17] | Is good. | 行 |
[54:20] | Is good? | 真行吗 |
[54:21] | Yeah. | 行 |
[54:23] | Good. | 很好 |
[54:27] | Your move. | 该你了 |
[55:27] | * My love made the sweetest coffee * | *我的爱人能调制最甜美的咖啡* |
[55:36] | * With no sugar at all * | *一粒糖都不放* |
[55:42] | * She only stirred with her spoon and it was done * | *只需轻轻搅拌勺子便好* |
[56:04] | * Now my drink is bitter * | *如今杯中苦涩* |
[56:10] | * The secret of spoons forgotten * | *勺子的秘密被遗忘* |
[56:19] | * When my voice breaks on this song * | *当我唱起这首歌* |
[56:24] | * Remember old love gone * | *才发觉旧爱已逝* |
[56:40] | * And drink bitter coffee * | *留下苦涩的咖啡自己品尝* |
[56:48] | * And drink bitter coffee * | *留下苦涩的咖啡自己品尝* |
[57:05] | So at sunrise, | 到了日出之时 |
[57:08] | I get to knock your brains out. | 我会把你的脑浆锤出来 |
[57:14] | And you will go down on your knees… | 你会跪下… |
[57:17] | willingly. | 心甘情愿 |
[57:20] | Is good? | 行吗 |
[57:24] | A shame. | 可惜 |
[57:28] | You’re my only black friend. | 你是我唯一的黑人朋友 |