英文名称:All Roads Lead Home
年代:2008
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:25] | 本片改编自一个真实的故事 | |
[00:30] | “When he gave us our air rifles, | 杰克叔叔把气枪给了我们 |
[00:32] | Atticus wouldn’t teach us to shoot. | 但阿修斯却不原意教我们如何射击 |
[00:34] | Uncle Jack instructed us in the rudiments thereof. | 于是杰克叔叔教我们上手 |
[00:38] | He said Atticus wasn’t interested in guns. | 他说阿修斯对枪不感兴趣 |
[00:40] | And Atticus said to Jem, | 阿修斯就对杰克说 |
[00:42] | ‘I’d rather you shot at tin cans in the backyard, | 我希望你在后院里打瓶子 |
[00:46] | But I know you’ll go after the birds. | 但我知道你会去打鸟 |
[00:48] | Shoot all the blue jays you want if you can hit ’em, | 蓝嘴鸦随你打吧 只要你能打到 |
[00:51] | But remember | 但是切记 |
[00:53] | it’s a sin to kill a mockingbird.”‘ | 杀死知更鸟是种罪孽 |
[01:16] | Cody, take them feed sacks to the barn. | 科迪 把饲料袋搬到谷仓里去 |
[01:19] | I think you want a ranch hand, not a son-in-law. | 我看你找的是个勤杂工 不是女婿 |
[01:23] | You know, with you I’d settle for either. | 一举两得嘛 |
[01:27] | Where is my granddaughter? | 我的乖孙女呢 |
[01:30] | Where is she? Come here, you. | 她在哪 过来 就是你 |
[01:32] | Come here, you. | 快过来 |
[01:34] | Yeah, there we go. | 走咯 |
[01:36] | Easy, Dad. She’s not one of your roustabouts. | 爸 小心点 她可不是你的勤杂工 |
[01:40] | Well, she’s a Banyon, isn’t she? | 她可是班尼家的 是吧 |
[01:43] | At least partways. | 至少一半是 |
[01:45] | Best part, right, grandpa? | 好的那一半 对吧 外公 |
[01:46] | You’re not just whistling dixie. | 可不是吹牛哦 |
[01:48] | It’s in your blood, little one. | 它融进了你的血液里 小家伙 |
[01:51] | And now listen, | 现在听好了 |
[01:52] | since you’ve proven so astoundingly proficient | 既然你已经证明你是个优秀的 |
[01:55] | at naming horses, | 起名专家 |
[01:57] | Like that little spindly-legged rockhead of a colt out there… | 比如那边那匹小马 那个四腿纤长的小精灵 |
[02:00] | Apache wind. Apache wind. | 阿帕切之风 阿帕切之风 |
[02:03] | Since you did that so much better than I expected, | 由于你的卓越表现让我折服 |
[02:06] | I find myself humbly in need | 所以我谦卑的请您 |
[02:08] | of your nomenclative services once again. | 再次帮我命名 |
[02:16] | Not just so quick. | 先别急 |
[02:19] | There is a protocol to be observed. | 我们得先说好 |
[02:22] | You know the naming of a horse or a son or daughter | 人们为马啊 或者自己的儿女 |
[02:26] | or a granddaughter, you know, | 或者外孙女命名的时候 |
[02:28] | It’s not just a name. | 不仅是起个名字 |
[02:30] | I mean, a name’s got to mean something to you. | 而更在乎它的内在含义 |
[02:33] | It’s got to say, “this is who I am in the world. | 就好比 在这世上 我本色如此 |
[02:37] | I am a force to be reckoned with.” | 我是独一无二的存在 |
[02:41] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[02:46] | Mom, a puppy! | 妈妈 小狗 |
[02:48] | A puppy? That’s not a puppy! | 小狗 这个不只是条小狗 |
[02:52] | Belle, that is 25 generations | 贝莱 它是育种最好的 |
[02:54] | of the best breeding and bloodlines | 血统最纯的第二十五代狗 |
[02:56] | and bearing that’s ever gone into four legs. | 浑身上下都充满了优秀的细胞 |
[02:59] | – That there is… – Atticus. | -这是… -阿修斯 |
[03:01] | – Who? – Atticus. | -什么 -阿修斯 |
[03:03] | Oh, Mom, can we keep him, please? | 妈妈 咱们把他留下吧 求你了 |
[03:07] | Just a second, Belle. | 等等 贝莱 |
[03:09] | I mean, I paid a lot of money for this dog. | 为买这只狗 我花了很多钱 |
[03:13] | And he’s gotta make me some puppies. | 得让他帮忙生点小狗 |
[03:15] | So that I can make my money back. | 这样我就能把钱赚回来 |
[03:18] | Now what we could do | 我们能说定的是 |
[03:20] | is you could visit him anytime you want. | 你随时可以来看他 |
[03:22] | And when the time’s a little righter, | 等到时机合适的时候 |
[03:26] | You could have the pick of the litter. | 你就可以来选一个小狗 |
[03:28] | – Is that a deal? – Deal. | -一言为定 -一言为定 |
[03:30] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[03:32] | Well, somebody’s gotta do some work around here. | 得干活去了 |
[03:36] | Bye, Dad. | 回见 老爸 |
[03:52] | “I asked Miss Maudie about it. | 我向马蒂小姐问起这件事 |
[03:54] | ‘Your father’s right,’ she said. | 她说 你父亲是对的 |
[03:56] | ‘Mockingbirds don’t do one thing | 知更鸟全心全意地 |
[03:58] | but make music for us to enjoy. | 为我们谱写动人的乐曲 |
[04:00] | They don’t eat up people’s gardens, | 他们不会啃噬人类的花园 |
[04:03] | don’t nest in corn cribs. | 不在玉米仓里筑巢 |
[04:06] | They don’t do one thing, but sing their hearts out for us. | 唯有为我们倾心而歌 |
[04:09] | That’s why | 这就是为什么 |
[04:11] | it’s a sin to kill a mockingbird.”‘ | 杀死知更鸟是种罪孽 |
[04:26] | I love you, Cody. | 我爱你 科迪 |
[04:30] | Belle. | 贝莱 |
[04:37] | I love you, baby. Cover up, honey. | 我爱你 宝贝 盖好 亲爱的 |
[04:46] | Oh, my God! | 天啊 |
[05:55] | Daddy… | 爸爸… |
[06:23] | “And god shall wipe away all tears from their eyes. | 主将拭干他们眼中的泪水 |
[06:27] | And there shall be death no more. | 再无死亡 |
[06:30] | Neither sorrow nor crying, | 再无悲伤和哭泣 |
[06:33] | Neither shall there be anymore pain. | 也不再有痛苦 |
[06:37] | For the former things have passed away.” | 因为 往事已矣 |
[07:55] | 回家的路不止一条 | |
[08:57] | 两年后 | |
[08:59] | Here you go. | 干的不错 |
[09:07] | Four, eight, a tenth. | 4秒 8秒 10秒 |
[09:11] | Shoot, the man don’t even have a stopwatch. | 天啊 这人居然连个秒表都不用 |
[09:13] | He’s got a stopwatch. It’s in his head. | 他有秒表 在他脑子里 |
[09:19] | You ought to taste his three-minute eggs. | 你尝尝他的三分钟鸡蛋就知道了 |
[09:23] | You did good today, Apache wind, real good. | 今天干的漂亮 阿帕切之风 很不错 |
[09:31] | That’s a beautiful horse, Hock. | 霍克 这匹马真棒 |
[09:33] | And our consortium is agreeable to your stud fees, | 我们马会也觉得你的种马费很合理 |
[09:36] | but we are a tad concerned | 但我们对你提出的 |
[09:37] | about your proposed ownership percentages of the colt. | 对于小马的拥有权百分比有点意见 |
[09:41] | Frankly, we’d just as soon | 坦白说 我们宁愿一次性付清 |
[09:42] | own the two-year old outright. | 这匹两岁马的费用 |
[09:44] | That… that ain’t chicken feed. | 这个…这可不是一笔小数字 |
[09:54] | You know, I can’t read this right now. | 我现在没法看这个 |
[09:57] | I don’t have my specs. | 我没带眼镜 |
[10:08] | Oh, Mrs. Wimmer, I am so sorry. | 魏玛夫人 很抱歉久等了 |
[10:11] | Oh, faddle, Lillian. Mr. Magoo and I have nothing but time. | 别开玩笑了 莉莉安 我和芒果有的就是时间 |
[10:14] | Isn’t that right, Magoo? | 对吧 芒果 |
[10:16] | Come on inside. Come on. | 进来吧 进来 |
[10:20] | Mrs. Wimmer, Magoo isn’t due for his parvo booster | 魏玛夫人 芒果的疫苗 |
[10:23] | for another three months yet. | 还有三个月才到期 |
[10:24] | And even though I love seeing you, | 尽管我很乐意与你见面 |
[10:26] | as I told you yesterday, he’s the perfect picture of health. | 但正如昨天告诉你的 他现在百分百的健康 |
[10:33] | Okay, just a quick look. | 好吧 那就做个简单检查 |
[10:35] | Come here, buddy. how about some kisses? | 过来 小子 亲我几下怎么样 |
[10:37] | You wanna give me some kisses? | 你想亲我吗 |
[10:39] | Oh, you’re so cute. You’re so cute. | 你真可爱 太可爱了 |
[10:41] | Oh, Magoo! | 芒果 |
[10:44] | You did it again. | 你这是二犯了 |
[10:47] | It’s okay. | 没关系的 |
[10:52] | 拉法叶特学院 | |
[10:58] | I have never seen such concentration. | 从没见过她这么专心 |
[11:01] | I wish she’d apply it to her book work. | 希望她能把那股劲用在书本上 |
[11:07] | Hey, Belle, | 你好啊 贝莱 |
[11:09] | You know who was asking for you today? | 知道今天谁来找你了吗 |
[11:11] | Who? | 谁 |
[11:13] | Nobody! | 一个人都没有 |
[11:35] | You guys called me out here | 你们叫我来就是为了 |
[11:36] | for another crazy cat lady? | 另一个被疯猫骚扰的老太婆 |
[11:38] | We’ll just have to… | 我们会… |
[11:39] | Why should we have all the fun? | 独乐乐不如众乐乐嘛 |
[11:41] | – 17 so far. – There’s one more through to the back. | -现在为止抓住17个了 -后院还有一个 |
[11:44] | Guys, I don’t have time for this. | 伙计们 我没功夫处理这事了 |
[11:45] | I’ve got my daughter’s thing… | 我还有我女儿的事要处理… |
[11:58] | – This cat got a name? – She calls him Mrs. Snuffles. | -这只猫有名字吗 -她叫他鼻炎夫人 |
[12:00] | It’s through there. | 就在门后 |
[12:04] | Mrs. snuffles! | 鼻炎夫人 |
[12:06] | Kitty-kitty-kitty-kitty-kitty. | 小猫咪 小猫咪 小猫咪 小猫咪 小猫咪 |
[12:15] | We got you. | 你上当啦 |
[12:49] | Why don’t we go to my office? | 先去我办公室等会吧 |
[12:53] | What about my dad? | 那我爸爸怎么办 |
[12:55] | We can talk to him together. | 我们可以一起和他谈谈 |
[13:23] | – Went by the school. – Good for you. | -我去学校了 -干的好 |
[13:26] | You’re supposed to wait for me. That’s the rule. | 你该等着我 这是规定 |
[13:28] | Rules change. | 规定改了 |
[13:31] | Mrs. Melton’s pretty miffed at you for skipping out on her. | 你偷偷溜走 梅尔顿小姐有点生气 |
[13:33] | She’ll get over it. | 她会消气的 |
[13:38] | Why don’t you hop in? I got another stop to make. | 上车吧 我还得再去个地方 |
[13:40] | I want you to see what I got in the back. | 我想让你看看我后座上的东西 |
[13:42] | It’s pretty cool stuff. | 简直太酷了 |
[13:43] | I’d rather eat slugs. | 我宁愿吃泥巴 |
[13:46] | I was thinking pizza, but all right. | 那好吧 我本打算吃匹萨来着 |
[13:51] | Belle, I’m sorry. | 贝莱 对不起 |
[13:53] | You’re always sorry. you invented sorry. | 你总是说对不起 “对不起”是你发明的吧 |
[14:06] | Well, you can’t just let her eat anything. | 你不能让她什么都吃 |
[14:08] | That’s why they call it cat food, Mr. Wong. | 王先生 之所以称它猫粮 |
[14:11] | It’s food for cats. | 是因为那是猫的专用食品 |
[14:13] | I’ve prescribed a low ash, high-protein diet. | 我规定低灰分高蛋白的饮食 |
[14:15] | And you keep giving georgette free range | 但你却一直让她 |
[14:17] | over the buffet table. | 毫无节制的上桌子吃自助 |
[14:18] | No no, no MSG. | 不 不 不含味精的 |
[14:20] | That’s good, but no msg hardly matters | 那很好 但狼吞虎咽地吃点心和木须肉 |
[14:23] | when she’s gorging herself on dim sum and moo shu pork. | 比起味精要严重多了 |
[14:26] | Here, kitty-kitty. | 小猫 小猫 |
[14:29] | Did we ask for your opinion? | 我们有问你的意见吗 |
[14:36] | What a day. | 今天可真忙啊 |
[14:38] | No kidding, right? | 一点都不夸张 |
[14:42] | Are you sure you won’t change your mind? | 你确定不会改变主意了 |
[14:45] | All work and no play makes Lillian one dull, single, | 只工作不娱乐让你成为一个无趣的单身 |
[14:49] | urban professional female. | 城市职业女性 |
[14:51] | It’s Friday. We’ll hit martini corner, | 星期五啦 我们该去酒吧坐坐 |
[14:54] | a little dinner and a little music, | 来点美食和音乐 |
[14:57] | a little dancing. | 跳跳舞 |
[14:59] | Sounds great, but I think I’ll pass. | 听起来棒极了 但我还是算了吧 |
[15:03] | Oh, shoot. | 真扫兴 |
[15:07] | The folks from the free rural clinic called. | 免费医疗下乡社的人打电话来说 |
[15:10] | They lost their venue. It’s been called off. | 集会没通过 取消了 |
[15:14] | I’m sorry, Lil. I know how you like to get out there | 太遗憾了 莉儿 我知道你很想 |
[15:17] | with the livestock, you know, up to your knees | 到那些泥土芬芳的地方 挽起裤腿 |
[15:19] | in the muck and the cow patties. | 和牲口们待在一起 |
[15:23] | – I’ll see you later. – Yeah, thanks for a good day. | -回见 -辛苦了 |
[15:26] | You too. | 你也是 |
[15:28] | – Bye-bye, Vinny. – Bye-bye. | -再见 维尼 -再见 |
[15:41] | Come on, have some juice. | 来吧 喝点果汁 |
[15:45] | Well, hello, Vincent, how’s my bird? | 你好 文森特 最近怎么样 |
[15:47] | – Hello. – Bye-bye. | -你好 -再见 |
[15:51] | Contrary bird. | 糊涂鸟 |
[15:53] | – What’s in the box? – Pigeon. | -盒子里面是什么 -鸽子 |
[15:56] | Oh! There are eight million pigeons in the naked city. | 不夜城里有八十万只鸽子 |
[16:00] | And this is one of them. | 这是其中一只 |
[16:01] | – The others didn’t make it. – When worlds collide? | -其他的没能赶来 -世界末日了吗 |
[16:04] | Yeah, head on. | 对 就在眼前 |
[16:06] | So this one here seems to have already fledged. | 这只看来已经羽翼丰满了 |
[16:08] | So I was wanting to know | 我想知道 |
[16:11] | If you would keep it quarantined here | 在我把它归还大自然之前 为以防万一 |
[16:14] | until I can take it out to wildlife care, you know, just in case. | 你能不能把它先放到检疫室里 |
[16:17] | Little blood work might be prudent. | 验下血 |
[16:23] | So what do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[16:25] | Cody, it’s not a baby pigeon. | 科迪 这不是刚孵化的鸽子 |
[16:27] | It’s a full-grown diamond dove. It’s Australian. | 这是只发育完全的澳洲宝石姬地鸠 |
[16:30] | Well, that is a long way to come to get gassed, little fella. | 你可是大老远飞来的哦 小家伙 |
[16:35] | See the ring around his eye? | 看到它眼环了吗 |
[16:39] | Yeah, wow is good. | 太漂亮了 |
[16:47] | Well, I would do it myself, | 我很想亲自照顾它 |
[16:51] | – But I’ve got… – Your Belle. | -但是我还有… -你的贝莱 |
[16:53] | My Belle. | 我的贝莱 |
[16:55] | I’d like to “wring” her. | 我真想把她握在手心里 |
[16:56] | How are things? | 事情怎么样了 |
[17:00] | Oh, well, I’m pretty sure I’ve slipped further down | 我很确定 |
[17:02] | that formidable scale of expectation, | 我离成功越来越远了 |
[17:05] | if that’s at all possible. | 不过本来就希望渺茫 |
[17:07] | How long’s it been now, two years? | 多久了 两年了吧 |
[17:10] | Yeah, almost to the day. | 嗯 刚好满两年 |
[17:13] | A girl her age | 她这个年纪的女孩 |
[17:16] | should only have happy anniversaries. | 应该只拥有快乐的记忆 |
[17:19] | And you? | 你怎么样 |
[17:21] | I don’t have time for those kind of things. | 我可没时间去逍遥快活 |
[17:23] | I have a child to mis-raise. | 我有一个管教不善的孩子 |
[17:27] | So you have any plans tonight? | 你今晚有什么计划吗 |
[17:29] | What did you have in mind? | 你有什么好主意 |
[17:31] | Don’t panic. | 别紧张 |
[17:34] | My plans include a book and a bath. | 我的计划是洗澡和看书 |
[17:36] | And if I’m really adventurous, | 如果我有冒险精神的话 |
[17:38] | maybe I’ll have both at the same time. | 或许我会边边洗澡边看书 |
[17:41] | Yeah, well, good luck with that. | 祝你好运 |
[17:43] | I’m out. | 我走了 |
[17:45] | – I’ll talk to you later. – Okay. | -回头见 -好的 |
[17:50] | – Bye-bye, Vincent. – Hello. | -再见 文森特 -你好 |
[18:05] | You know, whenever I get the whole Belle thing leveled out, | 等我把和贝莱的事情处理好了 |
[18:09] | some night you and I should… | 我们俩晚上应该… |
[18:11] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[18:17] | You were saying? | 你的意思是 |
[18:18] | I was saying that one of these nights | 我是说某个晚上 |
[18:21] | that you and I should… | 我们俩应该… |
[18:24] | Maybe we should…? | 或许我们应该… |
[18:28] | What? | 什么 |
[18:31] | They what? | 他们怎么了 |
[18:33] | I gotta take this. | 我得去处理下 |
[18:41] | Who was that? | 谁的电话 |
[18:46] | Don’t even ask, feather britches. | 问也白问 你这长毛小精怪 |
[19:00] | Did you scrub down Apache wind? | 你帮阿帕奇之风刷过了? |
[19:05] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[19:09] | You want some? | 来点吗 |
[19:13] | Dogs to be fed. | 还得去喂狗 |
[19:20] | You know,there’s not a living,breathing,feed-swilling critter | 你瞧 在这上帝眷顾的5000公顷的大地上 |
[19:28] | on these 5,000 God-splashed acres | 没有一只会呼吸 会进食的活生生的牲灵 |
[19:31] | holds a candle to Apache wind. | 能比得上阿帕奇之风 |
[19:36] | And my daughter picked him out when he was a colt | 在他还是只小马驹的时候我女儿选中了他 |
[19:42] | Because that girl knew her horseflesh. | 因为她和马血脉相通 |
[19:48] | Ain’t nothing black as a kansas night, | 堪萨斯的夜色第一无二 |
[19:52] | black as a bull’s heart. | 比牛眼还要黑 |
[19:56] | A man ought not to stand around ruminating | 一个人不该在那样的黑暗中 |
[20:00] | in such darkness. | 沉思往事 |
[20:23] | – Who’s on duty? – Who do you think? | -今天谁值班 -你觉得呢 |
[20:27] | Milo. | 麦罗 |
[20:51] | Hey, what the… | 喂 怎么… |
[20:53] | Hey, Cody. | 你好 科迪 |
[20:56] | – What’s up, bro? – What’s up, | -怎么了 老兄 -怎么了 |
[20:58] | Milo, is that we have collected 17 cats in your sector | 麦罗 我们在你负责的区收管了17只猫 |
[21:02] | And you’ve refused delivery. | 但是你却拒绝运送 是这样吧 |
[21:04] | What’s up, bro, is my blood pressure. | 还问怎么了 老兄 我的血压都要出问题了 |
[21:07] | It can’t be helped. You know what I’m saying? | 没用的 你应该了解情况 |
[21:09] | I’ve got two guys pulling down time | 我的两个手下不得不加班 |
[21:10] | and a half because of you. | 一半的责任在你 |
[21:11] | You know my department can’t afford it. | 我的公寓可盛不下这么多猫 |
[21:13] | Get out there and help them with the cats, man, come on. | 给我出去帮他们把猫安置好 快点 老兄 |
[21:15] | I don’t have the room. know what I’m saying? | 我这没有空位了 听明白没 |
[21:17] | Make the room, Milo. | 那就找地方 麦罗 |
[21:19] | I’ve been making the room for four months. | 我4个月来一直在清位置 |
[21:22] | Ever since they shut down number 2, | 但是自从他们关闭了2号收管所 |
[21:24] | my place has become the dumping ground for half the city. | 我这就成了半个市的人丢弃宠物的地方 |
[21:29] | If you want to talk budget, | 如果你想和我谈预算 |
[21:31] | I can barely feed what I’ve got. | 我这仅够喂饱这里现有的动物 |
[21:33] | I don’t have the room. You know what I’m saying? | 我这没有空位 你明白了没 |
[21:36] | Do your job. | 你得履行职责 |
[21:38] | Do my job, okay. | 履行职责 好吧 |
[21:42] | Oh, you know what? | 知道吗 |
[21:45] | This is not gonna be enough, | 这些可能不够用 |
[21:47] | but I think I have some more in the back. | 但我估计后院里可能还有 |
[21:49] | What are you doing? | 你想干吗 |
[21:50] | Just what you asked me to do. Know what I’m saying? | 做你让我做的 明白我的意思吗 |
[21:52] | No, I don’t know what you’re saying, Milo. | 不 我不明白 麦罗 |
[21:56] | Because you don’t know what you’re saying. | 你根本不知道你在说什么 |
[21:58] | I need more xylazine and pento. | 我需要更多的麻醉剂和安非他命 |
[22:01] | Because if I’m gonna do my job, | 因为如果让我履行我的职责 |
[22:04] | I gotta clear out 17 more cages. | 我得再清出17个笼子来 |
[22:05] | And the only way that’s gonna happen | 而唯一的办法就是 |
[22:07] | is if I “make the room.” | “清场” |
[22:11] | This puts ’em down. | 用这个弄晕 |
[22:14] | This takes ’em out. | 用这个弄走 |
[22:16] | Are you gonna come help me, | 你是来做我的帮手呢 |
[22:17] | Or you gonna stand there being all righteous and loud? | 还是站到一边道貌岸然地叨叨? |
[22:23] | 天涯旅店 | |
[22:55] | What can I do to you? | 要帮忙吗 |
[22:57] | Oh, I just need a room. | 我要订个房间 |
[23:00] | I hope you got cash. | 希望你带现金了 |
[23:03] | Damn swipey things haven’t worked since ’86. | 该死的刷卡机86年开始就不好用了 |
[23:07] | Or was it ’85? | 还是85年 |
[23:10] | When was the last time the royals lost last place? | 王室最近的一次大溃败是什么时候来着 |
[23:13] | I just need a room. | 我只想订个房间 |
[23:15] | It’d be better if we got one in the back. | 最好给我们找个远在后面的房间 |
[23:30] | Far be it for me to judge. | 这个应该够远了 |
[24:53] | Look, kiddo, my day wasn’t exactly candy and nuts either. | 宝贝 我今天过的很糟糕 |
[25:06] | Belle, you’re not in trouble. | 贝莱 你什么事都没有 |
[25:09] | Mrs. Melton is just concerned | 梅尔顿女士只是关心 |
[25:11] | That your grades have slipped since… | 你的成绩下滑 自从 |
[25:18] | That your grades have slipped | 你的成绩下滑了 |
[25:20] | And you’re punting away all your extracurricular activities | 什么课外活动你都不参加了 |
[25:24] | And this whole Greta Garbo routine. | 整天和葛丽泰・佳宝一样 |
[25:29] | Oh, I feel like I’m talking to myself. | 好像我是在自言自语啊 |
[25:35] | You know what, Belle? have it your way, okay? | 贝莱 那就随你便吧 |
[26:05] | And in a role reversal quite rare in the animal… | 在一次动物界很少见的角色互换中 |
[26:16] | Oh, man, oh. | 不是吧 |
[26:18] | Really? | 怎么这样 |
[26:21] | Oh, great. | 糟透了 |
[26:25] | Hey. hey, lonesome. | 可怜的小东西 |
[26:28] | Come here, huh? | 过来 |
[26:31] | Did you spot the perps? huh? | 你看到坏蛋了吧? |
[26:34] | See who did this? | 是谁做的 |
[27:00] | Hello. | 喂 |
[27:02] | What? | 什么 |
[27:04] | you’re kidding me. hold on. | 开玩笑吧 等等 |
[27:07] | Yeah, hold on. hold on. | 等等 别挂 |
[27:11] | Hello. yeah. yeah, I just heard. | 喂 对对 我刚听说 |
[27:13] | Look, don’t yell at me. yeah. | 别冲我吼 |
[27:16] | Okay okay okay, I’m on it. I’m on it. | 好好好 马上去 |
[27:44] | Look, get dressed. I’ll take you by school. | 穿好衣服 我送你去学校 |
[27:47] | Okay, except it’s saturday. | 好的 但今天周六 |
[27:55] | Come on. | 快点 |
[27:58] | Lil. | 莉儿 |
[27:59] | At least 30 dogs were set free… | 至少有30条狗被释放了 |
[28:01] | What is going on? | 搞什么啊 |
[28:02] | Whoa! look out, Kansas city. | 哇 小心啊 堪萨斯城 |
[28:05] | this is for all you puppies on parole. | 这是关于你们被收容的小狗 |
[28:25] | Walk with me. | 跟我一起走 |
[28:27] | You’re turning my city into a flea circus. | 你把这里弄成了跳蚤马戏团 |
[28:30] | It’s my job to catch ’em, not to tuck ’em into bed at night. | 我的职责只是抓住他们 不是哄他们睡觉 |
[28:34] | What’s the point of catching them if you can’t keep them? | 如果你不能保管他们还抓干吗 |
[28:38] | Need I remind you that by some | 应该不要我提醒你 |
[28:40] | Archaic municipal flaw in our legal system, | 在本市法律系统中 |
[28:43] | Yours is an elected position. | 你的职位是竞选来的 |
[28:45] | – are you threatening me? – absolutely. | -你在威胁我吗 -当然 |
[28:48] | I want to see every one of those mutts behind bars | 今天之内 你要把每只逃跑的狗 |
[28:51] | By the end of business today. | 抓回来 |
[28:53] | And I want you to make sure it never happens again. | 并保证下不为例 |
[28:58] | We’re on lmus, for god’s sake. | 我们可是上了头条 |
[29:01] | The whole country’s laughing at us. | 所有人都在嘲笑我们 |
[29:03] | Mr. dennison, are any of the dogs… | 丹尼森先生 那些狗 |
[29:06] | Yeah, no, great. 2:00 is fine. thank you. | 好的 2点可以的 谢谢 |
[29:18] | So how’s school? | 在学校怎样 |
[29:20] | It’s there. | 就那样 |
[29:21] | I hear you’re quite the little gymnast. | 听说你体操很好啊 |
[29:25] | I like gymnastics. you could do it alone. | 我喜欢体操 可以一个人做 |
[29:30] | Can I feed Vinny? | 我能喂喂维尼吗 |
[29:32] | Oh, sure. | 当然 |
[29:40] | Want a cracker? | 想吃饼干吗 |
[29:42] | It’s not a cracker. it’s a… | 这不是饼干 是 |
[29:46] | French fry? | 薯条吗 |
[29:52] | Why doesn’t he fly away? | 他为什么不飞走 |
[29:54] | Oh, he can’t. | 他不能飞 |
[29:59] | You clipped his wings? | 你折断了他的翅膀吗 |
[30:01] | I don’t think that’s right. | 那是不对的 |
[30:09] | – Pretty wings. – such a pretty bird. | -漂亮翅膀 -这么漂亮的鸟 |
[30:12] | You see, birds, they have a radius and an ulna | 鸟类有桡骨和尺骨 |
[30:16] | Just like people do. and your hand is like his feathers. | 和人类一样 你的手就是他的翅膀 |
[30:20] | But right here where the radius meets the carpus… | 在这里 桡骨和尺骨结合处 |
[30:22] | It’s basically like your wrist… Vinny’s is broken. | 就是我们的手腕 维尼的断了 |
[30:25] | you couldn’t fix it? | 你治不好吗 |
[30:27] | No, by the time your dad found him | 不能 你爸爸发现他的时候 |
[30:30] | His bones had already knitted in all the wrong places. | 他的骨头已经长错位了 |
[30:32] | Vinny, poor guy, he was not in a good place. | 维尼 可怜的孩子 当时的情况糟透了 |
[30:36] | Were you, pal? all he did was scream | 对吧 伙计 他不停的叫 |
[30:39] | And scratch and claw, | 乱抓 撕咬 |
[30:41] | But your dad, | 但你爸爸 |
[30:43] | He sat up with him for three weeks straight, | 陪他过了3个星期 |
[30:46] | Hand-feeding him, bringing up his weight, | 用手喂食 增强体力 |
[30:49] | Teaching him it was okay to trust people again. | 教他重新信任人类 |
[30:53] | I mean, it’s really amazing that he can be handled at all. | 他居然能应付得来 |
[30:56] | By all rights, he really should have been… | 不管怎样 他真应该 |
[30:58] | Put down. | 释怀 |
[31:00] | Yeah. | 对 |
[31:03] | Why should Vinny be any different | 维尼就和他杀的其他动物 |
[31:04] | from all the other animals he kills? | 又有什么不同 |
[31:06] | Honey, euthanasia… | 亲爱的 安乐死是 |
[31:08] | Call it what it is, Lily. | 莉莉 别美化死亡 |
[31:10] | Killing is killing. and my father… | 杀生就是杀生 而我爸爸 |
[31:13] | Your father is… | 你爸爸是 |
[31:25] | “There are some men in this world | 世上有些人 |
[31:27] | Who are born to do our unpleasant jobs for us. | 生来就要为大家做令人厌恶的工作 |
[31:30] | Your father is one of them.” | 你爸爸就是其中之一 |
[31:32] | You think you’re the only young woman | 你以为只有你 |
[31:33] | Who’s ever read this book? | 看过这本书吗 |
[31:38] | You see this money? these donations? | 看到这钱没 这些捐款 |
[31:40] | This is your dad’s project. you know that, right? | 都是你爸爸发起的 你知道的吧 |
[31:43] | He’s been promising that for years. | 他老早就承诺这件事 |
[31:45] | Like all his promises, nothing ever comes of it. | 和所有承诺一样 最后一场空 |
[31:48] | Sweetie, I think you don’t understand. | 亲爱的 你好像不明白 |
[31:50] | You don’t understand. | 你才不明白 |
[31:53] | You don’t kill things because they’re broken. | 不能因为他们受伤 就杀死他们 |
[31:56] | You don’t kill things because they’re sick or hurt or dying! | 不能生病了 受伤了 要死了 就把他们杀了 |
[32:00] | You don’t kill things because it’s easier. | 不能为了省事 就杀生 |
[32:02] | You give things a chance. | 应该给他们机会 |
[32:05] | You don’t know what’ll ever happen. | 也许将来还有康复希望呢 |
[32:07] | You just don’t ever know. | 可是你都不知道 |
[32:09] | Belle. | 贝莱 |
[32:15] | Belle. | 贝莱 |
[32:19] | Mrs. Wimmer. | 魏玛女士 |
[32:21] | You said he was in perfect health. | 你不是说他身体很好的 |
[32:24] | A perfect picture of health. | 一点问题都没有 |
[32:28] | Oh, Mrs. Wimmer, I’m so sorry. | 魏玛女士 我很难过 |
[32:33] | Oh, I’m so sorry. | 真的很难过 |
[32:44] | I don’t know. I lost count. | 不知道 我算不过来 |
[32:46] | I’ll do a count later. head count of the dogs, I’ll let you know. | 等会我清点下狗的数量 再告诉 |
[32:49] | – Just keep your cell on, okay? – all right. | -别关手机 -好的 |
[32:51] | – Cody, a word. – sure. | -科迪 有话说 -好的 |
[32:54] | That warehouse across the street… don’t look. | 街对面的仓库 别看 |
[32:57] | They’ve got a roof-mounted surveillance camera | 那屋顶上有个监视摄像机 |
[33:00] | On a continuous 30-second sweep. | 每30秒记录一次 |
[33:02] | That… that’s great. | 太好了 |
[33:05] | Isn’t it nice to think so? | 非常好吧 |
[33:08] | I don’t know if I can keep this from breaking. | 我不能保证没人破坏它 |
[33:14] | Finish your homework? | 做完作业了? |
[33:16] | It doesn’t matter. school’s out in a week. | 没关系 学校放假一周 |
[33:19] | – What do you want to do tonight? – whatever. | -今晚想干吗 -随便 |
[33:22] | I was thinking we would watch a movie. | 看个片子 |
[33:24] | What do you think about that? | 怎样 |
[33:27] | – Whatever. – I rented this really really great one. | -随便啊 -我租了个非常棒的片子 |
[33:30] | You’re gonna love it. I hear it’s a sizzler. | 你肯定会喜欢 让人热血沸腾的 |
[33:31] | It’s called “the great escape.” | 名叫 大逃亡 |
[33:44] | You know, | 你知道吗 |
[33:46] | One of those dogs that you released | 被你释放的那些狗 |
[33:48] | Bite a crossing guard. | 有一只咬伤了学校交通员 |
[33:53] | And another one got hit by a city dump truck. | 另一只被翻斗车撞了 |
[33:56] | He’s deader than disco. | 死得惨不忍睹 |
[34:02] | Yeah, whatever. | 无所谓啊 |
[34:12] | Yeah? | 谁啊 |
[34:14] | Cody. | 科迪 |
[34:20] | She what? | 她怎么了 |
[34:28] | Well, what do you want me to do about it? | 你想让我做什么 |
[34:33] | Oh no, Cody, I don’t think that’s a good idea. | 科迪 这不是个好主意 |
[34:36] | Come on, Hock. | 拜托了 霍克 |
[34:37] | When have I ever asked you for anything? | 我以前求过你吗 |
[34:40] | This is important. | 这很重要 |
[34:42] | Well, a couple days maybe. | 就几天 |
[34:47] | I’m not a babysitter. | 我可不是保姆 |
[35:32] | I still can’t believe you’re packing me off to grandpa’s. | 还是不敢相信你居然把我送去外公家 |
[35:35] | It’s just until all this nonsense dies down. | 等这件事平息就好了 |
[35:38] | We’ve only seen him once since… | 我们只见过他一次 自从 |
[35:40] | Since the funeral. I know. that’s all about to change. | 自从葬礼之后 但总归要变的 |
[35:44] | He doesn’t want me there. | 他不希望我去 |
[35:46] | – Of course he does. – he doesn’t. he’s different. | -当然希望 -不希望 他变了 |
[35:50] | Sweetheart, we’re all different now. | 亲爱的 我们都变了 |
[35:52] | Grandpa handles it his way, I deal with it my way | 外公有他方式 我有我的方式 |
[35:55] | And, lord knows, you deal with it your way. | 天晓得 你有自己的方式 |
[35:57] | Here’s an idea out of left field. | 我有个提议 |
[35:59] | How about we all deal with it together? | 咱们一起解决 怎样 |
[36:22] | Cody. | 科迪 |
[36:28] | – Hi, grandpa. – young lady. | -你好 外公 -小妮子 |
[36:31] | – Where should I put her bags? – put ’em right inside the door. | -她的包放哪 -进门右边的房间 |
[36:34] | Good to see you, Hock. | 霍克 再见到你真好 |
[36:43] | It’s good to see you, grandpa. | 见到您很高兴 外公 |
[36:45] | Young lady, I won’t put up with your tomfoolery. | 小妮子 我可不会容忍你的无法无天 |
[37:06] | Belle Mae Lawler, | 贝莱・梅・罗勒尔 |
[37:08] | Your life is over. | 你玩完了 |
[37:12] | Atticus! | 阿修斯 |
[37:15] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[37:19] | Okay, boy, okay. okay. | 宝贝 没事的 |
[37:25] | Be good for your grandpa, okay? | 听外公的话 好吗 |
[37:28] | I’ll call and check in on you every couple days. | 我会经常打电话来的 |
[37:33] | I love you. | 爱你 |
[37:38] | I love you too, dad. | 也爱你 爸爸 |
[37:40] | I’m gonna miss you. | 我会想你的 |
[37:42] | Come on, Atticus, let’s go inside the house. | 来啊 阿修斯 我们进去 |
[37:44] | Dogs stay outside. | 狗不准进屋 |
[37:47] | But it’s Atticus. | 但他是阿修斯啊 |
[37:50] | Dogs stay outside. | 狗不准进屋 |
[37:54] | Hey! out there. | 在外面待着 |
[38:07] | – Hey, Poovey. – shh! | -普维 -嘘 |
[38:13] | Hey, listen, I am gonna need that room for a couple more days. | 我还要在那房间住几天 |
[38:17] | Being you’re my sole-est and only-est tenant, | 你是我唯一的房客 |
[38:20] | I’m sure we can work something out. | 肯定有办法的 |
[38:23] | I got a question. | 我有个疑问 |
[38:26] | How do you survive out here? | 在这你怎么活下去的 |
[38:28] | It ain’t about surviving. | 不是养活自己 |
[38:31] | It’s about being useful. | 而是发挥余热 |
[38:34] | This place used to be useful. | 这里曾经很有用 |
[38:36] | For 40 years, me and the missus used to give respite | 40年 我和夫人都给长途运输司机 |
[38:39] | Long-haul truckers, | 上下学的孩子们啊 |
[38:43] | Kids going back and forth from school; | 提供食宿 |
[38:45] | Learning things I’ll never know, | 听听那些没听说的事 |
[38:47] | Seeing things I’ll never see. | 看看那些没见过的事 |
[38:49] | But I seen some things. | 我见识可不少 |
[38:53] | I seen fireballs | 看过火球 |
[38:56] | And freight trains barreling through the night. | 晚上货运火车呼啸而过 |
[39:00] | I seen drummers selling everything, | 兜售杂货的鼓手 |
[39:03] | Fuller brush, tin houses. | 富乐牌刷子 小罐子 |
[39:08] | I seen… | 见过 |
[39:12] | I seen it raining not more than 30 feet | 还有 在离我 |
[39:14] | From where I’m standing, | 不到30英尺的地方下雨 |
[39:17] | Pouring down like god wet his pants. | 瓢泼大雨 好像上帝尿裤子一样 |
[39:20] | But right there the sun was shining plain as your dopey face. | 而我站的地方阳光普照 跟你一样呆头呆脑 |
[39:26] | Now I know it’s got to happen somewhere every time it rains, | 每次下雨总会有地方发生这样的事 |
[39:29] | But this time it was happening to me. | 但这次被我碰上了 |
[39:34] | Anyways, they put the new highway in and poof. | 总之 高速公路建了起来 噗 |
[39:41] | It all turns to dust anyway. | 一瞬间 都成了过眼云烟 |
[39:44] | It stings not being useful. | 这儿再也没作用了 |
[39:50] | Well, I’m gonna get going. | 我得走了 |
[39:54] | Well, I seen a duck hit by lightning. | 我见过一只鸭子被雷击了 |
[39:59] | I’ll see you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[40:02] | Son, if you’ve got things you need to do… and you got the look | 孩子 如果你有必须要做的事 |
[40:05] | Of a man who has things he needs to do… | 或者必须要去帮别人的忙 |
[40:07] | I can check in on that convention of critters you left | 我替你好好招待总统套间里的 |
[40:10] | In my presidential suite. | 那一群生灵的 |
[40:16] | King me. | 我将军 |
[40:24] | – Bye, Poovey. – cody… | -拜拜 普维 -科迪 |
[40:28] | You know that duck I was talking about? | 记得我说的那只鸭子吗 |
[40:30] | It was delicious. | 美味啊 |
[40:33] | Curtis, this dog should not be dead. | 柯蒂斯 这狗没理由死的 |
[40:37] | She didn’t get out, get into anything? | 她没出去 没吃进异物吗 |
[40:40] | She’s fenced in all day and comes in at night. | 她白天被圈着 晚上才进屋 |
[40:45] | She get along with the neighbors? | 她和邻居关系好吗 |
[40:47] | They love her. | 他们非常喜欢她 |
[40:50] | What about her diet? anything new or irregular? | 那她的饮食呢 有新食物或者不正常的吗 |
[40:53] | Same since she was a puppy. | 从小到大都吃一样的 |
[40:58] | I’m so sorry, Curtis. | 我很遗憾 柯蒂斯 |
[41:00] | I’m gonna ask your permission to do something. | 我想得到你的同意 做点事情 |
[41:02] | It won’t help your Elize here, | 虽然没法救伊莉莎 |
[41:04] | But it might help some others. | 但可以帮助别人 |
[41:08] | If you think it’ll help. | 只要你觉得有帮助就好 |
[41:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[41:20] | Breakfast at 5:30. | 早餐是5点半 |
[41:23] | Be there if you want any. | 想吃就过来 |
[41:26] | This was mom’s room. | 这是妈妈的房间 |
[41:31] | It’s just a room. | 这只是个房间 |
[41:43] | Shoo! get out of here. | 嘘 别待这 |
[41:49] | Okay okay, I’m coming, boy. | 好好 我过来 宝贝 |
[42:11] | You’re a daddy! | 你当爸爸了啊 |
[42:16] | This is Scout | 这是司各特 |
[42:18] | And… | 然后 |
[42:21] | You’re Calpurnia | 你是卡普尼亚 |
[42:23] | And you’re Boo | 你是波波 |
[42:26] | And you’re Miss Maudie. | 你是马蒂小姐 |
[42:33] | What is it, boy? | 怎么了 宝贝 |
[42:41] | They don’t name nothing around here no more. | 它们在这里什么都不是 |
[42:45] | Come on, Atticus. walk me home. | 过来 阿修斯 我们回家 |
[42:54] | Hey, we gotta get that grain chute unstuck. | 我们得去修下坏了的谷粒滑槽 |
[42:56] | That dust is gonna build up. kaboom! | 还要打扬尘 |
[42:58] | Leonard was supposed to fix that. | 莱昂纳德不是去修吗 |
[42:59] | Leonard’s as dumb as a post. | 莱昂纳德笨得像木头一样 |
[43:01] | Leonard ain’t dumb as a post. | 他哪有跟木头一样笨 |
[43:06] | He’s dumb as a post hole. | 他是比木头还笨 |
[43:14] | Don’t just stand there like a clubbed catfish. | 别像根钉耙似的杵在那 |
[43:16] | Get yourself a plate. | 拿个盘子过来吧 |
[43:19] | Gentlemen, | 伙计们 |
[43:21] | This is my granddaughter Belle. | 这是我的外孙女 贝莱 |
[43:24] | Now Belle… | 贝莱现在 |
[43:26] | Has some unusual ideas about things. | 对事情有些不同寻常的想法 |
[43:28] | And she’s here to have an attitude adjustment. | 她到这里来调整下心态 |
[43:32] | And she will earn her keep | 并且她会自食其力 |
[43:35] | And if she doesn’t, I want to hear about it. | 如果她做不到 你们要告诉我 |
[43:37] | Pronto. | 快点 |
[43:38] | Somebody’s gotta do some work around here. | 得去干活了 |
[43:41] | And when you’re done with the dishes, | 等你刷完了这些盘子 |
[43:43] | You can start on the compost. | 你就可以开始施肥了 |
[44:21] | Nothing will cripple a million-dollar horse worse | 一个硬币大小的地鼠洞 |
[44:25] | Than a 10c gopher hole. | 就能让价值百万的名马瘸了腿 |
[44:57] | But I can see my face in it. | 但这都能照出我的脸了 |
[45:00] | Let me know when you can see your thoughts. | 当它能照出你的想法时再说 |
[45:52] | They’re horses, not hamsters. | 它们是马 不是地鼠 |
[45:55] | When you’re born to run, you run. | 当你为奔跑而生时 你就应该奔跑 |
[45:57] | How do they keep such a steady pace? | 它们怎么保持这么一致的步调的? |
[46:01] | They got incentive. | 奖惩并重 |
[46:08] | They get… | 有一个 |
[46:10] | An electrical reminder. | 电击器 |
[46:12] | You shock them? | 你电它们? |
[46:14] | More scares ’em than hurts. | 就是吓唬他们 |
[46:20] | What is it? | 到底怎么了 |
[46:22] | You are just always in the way. | 你总是挡道 |
[46:29] | This your cat? | 这是你的猫吧 |
[46:33] | Some say cats got nine lives. | 有人说猫有九条命 |
[46:37] | Old Linus here got 12. | 老莱纳斯有12条 |
[46:39] | Run over him twice myself. | 我自己都踩过他两次 |
[46:42] | There’s something in that maybe… | 有些冥冥中的事 |
[46:45] | Like in not counting yourself out. | 就是不让你撒手 |
[46:50] | Oh, speaking of counting yourself out. | 说到撒手 |
[46:55] | I’m a little short this week. | 我这周没什么钱 |
[46:57] | You got nothing to count. | 你没什么值钱的了 |
[47:05] | I’d appreciate two coats on the outside. | 我想你给外墙刷上两层漆 |
[47:11] | – Two? – two. | -两层? -两层 |
[47:14] | Two. | 两层 |
[47:16] | – Two. – two. | -两层 -两层 |
[47:25] | Oh my gosh. | 我的天啊 |
[47:29] | Oh my gosh, that is so cool. | 天啊 这酷毙了 |
[47:59] | The suspensory ligament’s torn. | 韧带撕裂了 |
[48:04] | She’s dog food. | 只能喂狗了 |
[48:09] | She’s not really dog food. | 不会真的喂狗吧 |
[48:12] | No, honey, we don’t do that. | 不 宝贝 我们不会那么做的 |
[48:15] | When they work hard for the farm, they get | 他们为农场鞠躬尽瘁 应该得到 |
[48:18] | Respectful internment. | 体面的安排 |
[48:26] | I’ll show you soon enough. | 一会我带你去看 |
[48:36] | The horseshoes are all upside down. | 马蹄印都是上下颠倒的 |
[48:39] | Hock says it’s ’cause their luck run out. | 霍克说这表示他们的运气用光了 |
[48:42] | I say it’s ’cause they just heading | 我看来 只是因为 |
[48:45] | In another direction. | 它们走错了方向 |
[48:47] | You bury them there? | 是你印上去的吗 |
[48:49] | Not all of ’em. | 不是全部 |
[48:52] | Then there are the 4h club. | 一会他们有多一个伙伴了 |
[48:56] | We only bury the Halter, | 我们只埋掉缰绳 |
[48:58] | Hooves, head, heart. | 马蹄 头部和心脏 |
[49:03] | Come on. | 过来吧 |
[49:29] | You got any ideas, pal? | 有什么看法吗 |
[49:37] | Me neither. | 我也没看出什么 |
[49:48] | Open the door. | 把门打开 |
[49:57] | He used to be so brown when he was a baby, | 他小时候总是昂首阔步的 |
[50:00] | Like the color of a shiny new penny. | 皮毛闪亮的小马驹 |
[50:03] | They all born wet and dark. | 生下来的时候又黑又湿的 |
[50:06] | Don’t show their true color, | 看不出真正的色泽 |
[50:08] | The color they keep, | 真正的颜色 |
[50:10] | Till almost one year sometime too. | 要等到大约一年后才呈现 |
[50:15] | I was born purple and blue. | 我生下来的时候又蓝又紫的 |
[50:17] | You was born… | 而你生下来的时候 |
[50:19] | I was born what? | 是怎么样的 |
[50:25] | Ornery. | 一个小屁孩 |
[50:27] | But theoretically free from sin. | 但大概还不算天怨人怒 |
[50:31] | Let’s go. | 我们走吧 |
[51:00] | Dude, how much more stuff do I gotta do around this morgue? | 老兄 我还要遭多少这样的罪啊 |
[51:03] | A lot more than that. | 永无止境 |
[51:05] | Yeah, but this is not in my job description. | 但我的工作不包括这些 |
[51:07] | Your job description reads as much as my love. | 你的岗位定责应该是我说了算 |
[51:10] | You do what I say to do until I tell you to stop doing it | 我不喊停你就给我继续干下去 |
[51:13] | Or else I can your lazy butt. | 否则当心你的懒屁股 |
[51:15] | Ooh-hoo. you know, if we had a union, I would totally… | 其实我们有个工会 我绝对可以 |
[51:18] | What, what? | 怎麽样 怎么样 |
[51:20] | I’d join it and then I’d go on strike. | 我要参加游行 表示抗议 |
[51:23] | You are a mountain of dreams, Milo. | 做你的大头梦去吧 麦罗 |
[51:26] | Okay, hey, guess what? you’re feeding my dog. | 行 那你帮我喂狗 |
[51:29] | You got it. | 说定了 |
[51:33] | Eggshell white or autumn frost? | 要蛋壳白还是秋霜白 |
[51:36] | For what? | 干什么用的 |
[51:38] | My bathroom. | 给我漆厕所 |
[51:40] | Go with the eggshell white | 那就用蛋壳白吧 |
[51:44] | And mind the spiders. | 当心蜘蛛 |
[51:46] | I wouldn’t write off the autumn frost just yet. | 我倒觉得秋霜白不错 |
[51:49] | – I mean, that’s a nice… – get away from me. | -我觉得这个颜色 -一边凉快去 |
[51:55] | Milo. | 麦罗 |
[52:13] | Working dogs… attachments ruin ’em. | 这是牧羊犬 不能太亲 |
[52:16] | Make ’em all fuzzle-headed. | 让他们被宠的晕晕乎乎 |
[52:18] | Coddling gets them misdirected. | 溺爱让他们乱来 |
[52:20] | Hock don’t like no misdirected dogs. | 霍克不喜欢不听话的狗 |
[52:23] | Hock likes his dogs to stay on task. | 霍克喜欢让他们狗专心干活 |
[52:45] | Shoo! go on! | 走开 |
[52:53] | Dumb dog. | 该死的狗 |
[52:55] | What’s the matter with you? | 搞什么鬼 |
[53:13] | Never you walk behind a horse | 千万别站在马后 |
[53:15] | Without you letting him know you’re there. | 除非你提醒过他 |
[53:17] | Now you show him that respect. | 你得尊重他 |
[53:20] | Maybe he won’t kick your head clear off your shoulders. | 否则当心你的小胳膊腿儿 |
[53:28] | Afraid of lions? | 怕狮子吗 |
[53:30] | Lions? | 狮子 |
[53:32] | Had a vet here once | 这里以前有个兽医 |
[53:36] | Swore he’d rather get chewed on by a lion than kicked by a horse. | 说他宁可被狮子咬也不愿被马踢 |
[53:39] | A lion make you bleed. | 被狮子咬只是流血 |
[53:41] | Maybe you can fix that. | 也许能治好 |
[53:43] | But one kick from a horse | 一旦被马踢了 |
[53:45] | And you’re crossing jordan on a jet-ski. | 你就准备后事吧 |
[53:53] | It’s sunday. | 今天是周日 |
[54:24] | Mm, man, this is good. | 哥们儿 美味啊 |
[54:58] | Get up here. | 赶紧起来 |
[55:02] | Is there an earthly reason for this absurdity? | 给我个乱来的理由吧 |
[55:07] | I wanted to know how it felt. | 我只是想知道什么感觉 |
[55:09] | How what felt? | 什么感觉 |
[55:13] | How it felt to be… | 被囚禁 |
[55:16] | How it felt to be trapped, | 是什么样的感觉 |
[55:17] | Trapped and alone and stuck in circles. | 独自被关在狭小的地方 |
[55:23] | Is that how you think about my horses? | 你觉得我的马是被困在狭小的地方吗 |
[55:26] | No. | 不是 |
[55:27] | That’s how I see me. | 我觉得自己是 |
[55:32] | That’s expensive equipment. | 那个设备可是相当昂贵的 |
[55:35] | Don’t toy with it. | 别把它当玩具 |
[56:30] | – Tobias. – thanks, boss. | -托拜厄斯 -谢谢老板 |
[56:33] | Yeah. Satch. | 萨基 |
[56:35] | Thank you, Hock. | 谢谢 霍克 |
[56:37] | – Doc. – thank you, sir. | -多克 -谢谢你 先生 |
[56:41] | Belle. | 贝莱 |
[56:50] | Thank you, grandpa. | 谢谢外公 |
[56:57] | I think you’ve earned that. | 这是你挣的 |
[57:06] | Mom loved animals, didn’t she? | 妈妈很爱动物 是吗 |
[57:09] | No, she did not. | 不 不是 |
[57:12] | Animals ain’t for loving, honey. | 动物不是拿来爱的 宝贝 |
[57:14] | Animals are for eating and wearing, | 是用来吃和穿的 |
[57:17] | For bill paying and empire building. | 用来付税和买新设备 |
[57:21] | Your mother understood animals. | 你妈妈理解动物 |
[57:24] | She appreciated animals. | 她欣赏动物 |
[57:26] | She respected animals. | 尊重动物 |
[57:28] | She did not love animals. | 但她不爱动物 |
[57:38] | Look at her face. she loved them. | 看她的脸 她爱动物 |
[57:40] | Put that back, honey. I’m not wearing my glasses. I can’t… | 放回去 宝贝 我没戴眼镜 我看不清 |
[57:54] | – Grandpa. – what? | -外公 -什么事 |
[57:56] | Do animals have souls? | 动物有灵魂吗 |
[57:59] | – What in the world? – do they? | -你到底在说什么 -有吗 |
[58:03] | I’ll tell you what animals have. | 我告诉你动物有什么 |
[58:05] | Animals have increasing production costs | 动物有生产价值 |
[58:08] | And they’ve got infuriatingly | 有很高的 |
[58:10] | Fluctuating market value. | 市场价值 |
[58:13] | As to whether or not they got souls, | 至于是否有灵魂 |
[58:15] | I’ll leave that to our good | 这个问题就留给 |
[58:17] | And capricious creator to determine. | 我们至高的造物主去回答吧 |
[58:20] | Aren’t you up past your bedtime? | 你不是该睡觉了吗 |
[58:23] | I know they have souls. | 我知道他们有灵魂 |
[58:25] | And how would you know that? | 你怎么知道 |
[58:27] | Well, can you imagine heaven | 如果天堂没有动物 |
[58:29] | Without them? | 会是什么样子 |
[58:37] | Your mother liked animals fine. | 你妈妈是很喜欢动物 |
[58:39] | You’re not the big old ugly bear you think you are. | 你没有自己想象中的那么伟大 |
[58:42] | – Yeah? – no. | -是吗 -没错 |
[58:44] | Don’t spread it around. | 你知道就够了 别说出去 |
[58:55] | You gave mom this book. | 你给了妈妈这本书 |
[58:58] | She said you used to read it to her every night. | 他说你以前每天晚上都读给她听 |
[59:01] | She was mistaken. it was your grandmother. I never read it. | 她记错了 是你的外婆 我没读过 |
[59:04] | It was you. | 就是你 |
[59:05] | And she gave it to me and she read it to me. | 她又给了我 还读给我听 |
[59:08] | It’s a book about a bird. | 不过是本关于鸟的书 |
[59:10] | No, it’s about how it’s a sin to kill a bird. Atticus says… | 不 是说的杀死一只鸟是种罪孽 阿修斯说 |
[59:13] | Do you believe anything that a lawyer says to you? | 你会信一个律师说的话吗 |
[59:16] | And if it’s a sin to kill a bird then it’s a sin to kill… | 如果杀死一只鸟是罪孽 那杀死 |
[59:18] | Atticus took Heck Tate’s rifle | 阿修斯拿走了哈克・塔特的来福枪 |
[59:21] | And he shot that rabid dog | 还射杀了那只狂叫的狗 |
[59:23] | Right in between the eyes. | 正中脑门 |
[59:26] | And on that note, | 说到这里 |
[59:28] | I bid thee farewell. | 咱们晚安吧 |
[59:31] | Not bad for someone who’s never read the book. | 没看过这本书还知道情节啊 |
[59:49] | After mine moved on to a greener pasture, | 9点后继续种草 |
[59:51] | I wore my ring too, | 我以前也戴着戒指 |
[59:53] | Till I realized | 后来我意识到 |
[59:57] | It’s not conducive to my social situation. | 这对我改善社交状况无益 |
[1:00:03] | Well, I brought enough feline leukemia | 我带了足够的药品 |
[1:00:05] | For your touring show of cats, | 给你的参选猫 |
[1:00:08] | But you didn’t mention dogs. | 但你没提过有狗 |
[1:00:09] | This one’s got an aural hematoma. it’s probably benign though. | 这一只耳朵水肿 不过应该是良性的 |
[1:00:14] | Well, he just kind of showed up. | 他是不速之客 |
[1:00:18] | A dog knows, don’t he? | 狗有灵性 对吧 |
[1:00:20] | This one might. | 也许这只有吧 |
[1:00:21] | I tell you, a dog knows. | 狗真的有灵性 |
[1:00:24] | The missus had an affliction… | 我的老太婆 |
[1:00:26] | A touch of epilepsy. | 一直被癫痫折磨 |
[1:00:29] | When a spell was gonna come on, | 一旦有病发的征兆 |
[1:00:32] | My old dachshund would tie her up so she couldn’t move. | 我的老腊肠犬总是把她团团围住 不让她走 |
[1:00:36] | A dog knows, don’t he? | 狗是有灵性的 |
[1:00:40] | You know what? some dogs have been proven | 知道吗 科学证明有些狗 |
[1:00:42] | To detect heart attacks | 可以探测心脏病 |
[1:00:44] | And seizures, even traces of bacteria in people. | 和癫痫 甚至能追踪人体的病菌 |
[1:00:47] | There have been dozens of documented cases | 有很多这样记录在案的病例 |
[1:00:49] | Of what you might call canine precognition. | 也许这就是犬类的直觉吧 |
[1:00:54] | Well, if that means the same as a dog knows, | 就是狗的灵性嘛 |
[1:00:56] | Why don’t you just say it? | 你干嘛不直说 |
[1:00:59] | A necropsy revealed nothing, at least nothing I could discern. | 解剖没有任何发现 我什么都没发现 |
[1:01:02] | And what’s worse, they keep coming. | 糟糕的是 这样的病例还有 |
[1:01:05] | I had two more doa’s last week. | 上个星期又有两例 |
[1:01:08] | I talked to some of my colleagues | 我和一些同事谈过 |
[1:01:10] | And they said the incidents are isolated | 他们说这些病例 |
[1:01:12] | To the north side, thank god. | 在北部被隔离了 谢天谢地 |
[1:01:14] | So I shipped a couple of the carcasses off to k state. | 所以我把几个尸体运到堪萨斯城去了 |
[1:01:18] | Yeah, they’re great. | 干得不错 |
[1:01:19] | I have got to figure this out. | 我必须把这事弄清楚 |
[1:01:21] | I mean, that’s what I’m here for, right? | 这是我的职责 对吗 |
[1:01:23] | Right? | 对吗 |
[1:01:26] | Hello. ground control to major mopey. | 喂 别一副没精打采的嘴脸啦 |
[1:01:30] | I miss her so much. | 我好想她 |
[1:01:33] | God bless her little juvenile-delinquent heart. | 神保佑 让她收收心吧 |
[1:01:38] | What’s not to miss? | 谁能不想她呢 |
[1:01:42] | She loathes me. | 她恨我 |
[1:01:45] | Come on, she’s probably dying to see you. | 别这样 也许她正思念你呢 |
[1:02:02] | – Daddy! – hi, baby. | -爸爸 -嗨 宝贝 |
[1:02:09] | I shoed a horse. | 我给一匹马打了马掌 |
[1:02:11] | – You did? – I had some help. | -是吗 -当然有人帮忙了 |
[1:02:13] | – Like my hat? – I love your hat. | -喜欢我的帽子吗 -爱死它了 |
[1:02:15] | Look at you. you’re… | 看看你 你真是 |
[1:02:18] | You’re… well, you’re not pale. | 你 你脸色不那么苍白了 |
[1:02:21] | What your father means to say, sweetie, | 你爸爸的意思是 宝贝 |
[1:02:23] | Is that you look beautiful. | 你看上去美极了 |
[1:02:25] | – How’s Vinny? – he’s pigeon sitting, | -维尼怎么样 -他在孵卵 |
[1:02:28] | Which means I’m gonna have two crazy birds when I get home. | 所以等我回家 就又多了两只疯鸟了 |
[1:02:31] | Are you hungry? | 饿了吗 |
[1:02:33] | Made salad. I picked it myself. | 我做了沙拉 自己摘的哦 |
[1:02:35] | Sure, let’s go. | 当然了 我们走 |
[1:02:40] | Hock, I can’t thank you enough. | 霍克 感谢万分 |
[1:02:42] | There’s no need. | 没必要 |
[1:02:44] | How’s she doing? | 她怎么样 |
[1:02:46] | Well, she’s passable. | 还算合格 |
[1:02:48] | How you doing? | 你怎么样 |
[1:02:50] | What the hell’s that supposed to mean? | 这句话是什么意思 |
[1:02:55] | Come and get it! | 过来吃东西啦 |
[1:02:59] | Well, don’t just stand there like a clubbed catfish, | 别像根钉耙似的杵着啦 |
[1:03:02] | Slap a feedbag on your face. | 脸板得跟被饲料袋砸过似的 |
[1:03:03] | – All right. – come on. | -好的 -来了 |
[1:03:06] | A feedbag on our face. | 被饲料袋砸过 |
[1:03:13] | Mrs. Melton was very pleased with your finals. | 梅尔顿老师对你的期末考试很满意 |
[1:03:16] | So am I. | 我也是 |
[1:03:21] | Are you still in trouble at work? | 工作烦吗 |
[1:03:24] | Nah. | 算是吧 |
[1:03:26] | But that does remind me and actually, | 但是你这句话 |
[1:03:29] | Since you’re talking about it, | 倒是提醒了我 |
[1:03:31] | I have a little project that would be | 我有个小小的项目 |
[1:03:33] | A great summer job for you. | 正适合给你打暑期工 |
[1:03:36] | I can’t pay you as much as your grandfather over here, but… | 虽然我不能像外公一样付那么多工资 |
[1:03:39] | Dad, I have a job here. | 爸爸 我在这里有工作 |
[1:03:40] | I have lots of jobs. | 有很多活要干 |
[1:03:42] | I’m in charge of the dishes | 要负责洗盘子 |
[1:03:44] | And the compost and the saddles… | 拌饲料还有洗马鞍 |
[1:03:47] | Don’t you wanna come home? | 你不想回家吗 |
[1:03:56] | Hey, we’ll talk about it tomorrow. | 我们明天再说吧 |
[1:04:00] | Lillian, Cody tells me you know a lot about horses. | 莉莉安 科迪告诉我说你很了解马 |
[1:04:06] | Well, did he? well, I might be a little rusty, | 是吗 算是略知一二吧 |
[1:04:12] | What do you know about thoroughbreds? | 纯种马了解吗 |
[1:04:14] | What do you need to know? | 你想问什么 |
[1:04:16] | Why don’t you meet me in the morning and walk out | 明早我们碰个面 |
[1:04:18] | To the stable with me? | 然后一起去马厩吧 |
[1:04:19] | Be glad to. | 乐意之至 |
[1:04:24] | You know, since this has turned into some kind of occasion… | 既然现在是特殊时期 |
[1:04:29] | Why don’t we push breakfast back till 6:00? | 我们把早餐延迟到6点吧 |
[1:04:32] | You watch the fire, Belle. | 注意看火 贝莱 |
[1:04:35] | See you all in the morning. | 明天早上见 |
[1:04:36] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[1:04:55] | Well, Mr. Banyon, I’ve seldom seen finer. | 班尼先生 这样的良种极少见 |
[1:04:57] | I mean, he’s worth every penny they offered and more, | 他绝对值得这个价钱 恐怕还不止 |
[1:05:00] | But I can’t for the life of me understand why you’d want to sell him. | 但我实在不明白 为什么你想卖掉他 |
[1:05:03] | Well, did you read the sign out there on the drive? | 你看到外面车道上的牌子了吗 |
[1:05:06] | -Yeah. -Banyon farms. | -看到 -班尼农场 |
[1:05:09] | It didn’t say Banyon petting zoo. | 上面可没写着班尼宠物园 |
[1:05:12] | Well, then you probably know that the smart business decision | 那么你应该知道 更好的做法是 |
[1:05:15] | Is breeding this stallion. | 用它作种马 |
[1:05:17] | Why do you think they wanna buy him? | 否则他们为什么要买他呢 |
[1:05:20] | Lillian’s right, grandpa. | 莉莉安说的对 外公 |
[1:05:22] | You can keep Apache wind and still get your money back. | 你可以留着阿帕奇之风 直到回本 |
[1:05:25] | Just like Atticus’ puppies. | 就像养着阿修斯生小狗一样 |
[1:05:27] | Go turn him out, Doc. | 带他出去 多克 |
[1:05:30] | What about them pups, Basham? | 小狗们怎么样 巴沙姆 |
[1:05:33] | These two here are cut real well. | 这两只阉割的很好 |
[1:05:35] | This one’s knuckle here is all wrong. | 这一只的关节有问题 |
[1:05:38] | This one’s a hip-popper, for sure. | 那一只的髋关节肯定有问题 |
[1:05:42] | Well, you know what you gotta do. | 你知道该怎么做了 |
[1:05:47] | You can’t predict hip dysplasia in a puppy. | 单看小狗不能断定髋关节发育不良 |
[1:05:49] | Old Basham can. | 老巴沙姆就能 |
[1:05:51] | That’s absurd. no one can. | 真是荒谬 绝不可能 |
[1:05:54] | My dear, I have a lot of respect for your knowledge of horses, | 亲爱的 我很尊重你对马的了解 |
[1:05:57] | But there’s no man alive can cull a litter like Basham. | 但是没人能像巴沙姆一样擅长处理小狗 |
[1:06:01] | He was raised by dogs. | 他是被狗带大的 |
[1:06:02] | I don’t presume to tell you your business. | 我并不想鲁莽的干涉你的事情 |
[1:06:05] | Please don’t presume to tell me mine. | 也请你别干涉我的 |
[1:06:07] | That’s enough, Hock. | 够了 霍克 |
[1:06:09] | If they’re bred wrong, Cody, they are bred wrong. | 如果它们繁殖下来有问题 那就是有问题 |
[1:06:13] | And they gotta be sacrificed for the sake of the bloodline. | 那就必须为了血统做出牺牲 |
[1:06:16] | No, grandpa. | 不 外公 |
[1:06:18] | Basham. | 巴沙姆 |
[1:06:21] | I’m blood. what about me? | 我也是你的后代 那我呢 |
[1:06:24] | Am I bred wrong? am I a freak? | 我是生下来就有问题吗 是怪胎吗 |
[1:06:27] | Are you gonna destroy me too? | 你也要毁掉我吗 |
[1:06:28] | Belle, that’s enough. | 贝莱 别再说了 |
[1:06:32] | Belle. | 贝莱 |
[1:06:36] | Yeah, what about it, Hock? | 打算怎么回答 霍克 |
[1:06:38] | What about our bloodline? | 我们的血统是不是有问题 |
[1:06:43] | I’d say it was severed long before now. | 你们待的时间够长了 |
[1:06:47] | We’ll be leaving. | 我们马上就走 |
[1:06:49] | You suit yourself. | 请自便 |
[1:06:53] | – Lillian! – I’m over here. | -莉莉安 -我在这里 |
[1:07:00] | Any sign of her? | 看到她吗 |
[1:07:01] | That little gymnast is fast. | 小家伙跑的挺快的 |
[1:07:04] | I’m so sorry. this is all my fault. | 很抱歉 是我的错 |
[1:07:06] | I never should have challenged him. | 我不应该挑起事端 |
[1:07:08] | No, it’s about time somebody stood up to him. | 不 总得有人站出来说话 |
[1:07:10] | He’s been like this ever since Andrea died. | 自从安德里亚死后 他就一直这样 |
[1:07:12] | It’s all about me. he keeps taking it out on Belle. it’s not right. | 都是因为我 他不应该发泄在贝莱身上 |
[1:07:15] | He blames you? | 他责怪你吗 |
[1:07:17] | What’s not to blame? | 不算责怪吗 |
[1:08:33] | You could have drowned. | 你差点淹死 |
[1:08:37] | Have you decided for me? | 你说了算吗 |
[1:08:40] | What? | 啥 |
[1:08:41] | Have you decided my fate, daddy? | 爸 你决定我命运了吗 |
[1:08:45] | What are you talking about? | 说啥呢 |
[1:08:48] | Like Hock and that old mare. | 像霍克和母马的命运 |
[1:08:50] | Like Basham and those puppies. | 像巴沙姆和狗狗的命运 |
[1:08:55] | Like mom. | 像妈的命运 |
[1:09:03] | Belle, baby, you don’t think that… | 贝莱 宝贝儿 你不会以为… |
[1:09:07] | I don’t have to think. | 没必要想 |
[1:09:11] | I saw it with my own eyes. | 我亲眼所见 |
[1:09:15] | I saw it in that hallway. | 在医院走廊 |
[1:09:18] | I saw you with that doctor. | 看到你和那医生 |
[1:09:24] | But you didn’t kill her, did you, daddy? | 但你没杀死她 是吗 爸 |
[1:09:30] | You just had her euthanized. | 你只是让她安乐死 |
[1:09:33] | – Belle. – Hush! | -贝莱 -不听 |
[1:09:46] | She thinks I killed her mother… | 她认为我杀了她妈妈 |
[1:09:50] | That I pulled some plug. | 认为是我促成的 |
[1:09:54] | You don’t think that, do you? | 你没那么想吧 |
[1:09:55] | No. no, I don’t. | 没 没有 |
[1:10:03] | You were driving, but… | 你开的车 可是… |
[1:10:11] | – What? – He was. | -啥 -没错 是他开得车 |
[1:10:13] | Was he? | 是吗 |
[1:10:21] | If Belle would have drowned in that river, | 贝莱要是淹死的话 |
[1:10:25] | Who would you have blamed for that? | 你怪谁去 |
[1:11:30] | I just got word that all my stock’s been turned loose. | 刚知道 所有的牲口都跑了 |
[1:11:32] | Where is your daughter? | 你女儿呢 |
[1:11:56] | Come on, guys. | 跟我来 伙计们 |
[1:11:59] | I don’t know where we’re going. | 我也不知道去哪儿 |
[1:12:02] | But anyplace is better than here. | 但总比这儿好 |
[1:12:17] | Tobias, take the atv down to the river. | 托拜厄斯 开越野车去河下游找找 |
[1:12:20] | – Satch, you take the truck west. – You got it. | -萨基 你开车往西找 -好的 |
[1:12:22] | Little Doc, you stay in the barn | 小多克 你待在农场 |
[1:12:24] | And watch for anybody who comes back. | 留意回来的人 |
[1:12:37] | Yeah, county, that’s confirmed. | 是的 郡长 已确认 |
[1:12:39] | We got a missing 12-year-old Caucasian female, | 一名12岁白人少女失踪 |
[1:12:42] | Approximately 4’11”, 65 lbs, | 约高140公分 重40磅 |
[1:12:45] | Shoulder-length brown hair, brown eyes. | 齐肩棕发 棕色眼睛 |
[1:12:47] | Do you copy? | 收到了吗 |
[1:12:53] | 1027, she’s not traveling blacktop. | 1027 她没走大路 |
[1:12:57] | Maybe it’s time to hit the gravel. | 或许躲起来了 |
[1:13:05] | “I wanted you to see what real courage is. | “我想让你明白何为真正的勇气 |
[1:13:08] | It’s when you know you’re licked before you begin, | 即使开始前就知道注定失败 |
[1:13:10] | But you begin anyway | 但仍放手一搏 |
[1:13:12] | And you see it through no matter what. | 无论如何都坚持到底 |
[1:13:14] | You rarely win, but sometimes you do.” | 虽然胜算渺茫 但总有机会 |
[1:13:18] | Looks like a storm’s coming, guys. | 暴风雨要来了 伙计们 |
[1:13:20] | We’d better get going. | 咱们最好继续走吧 |
[1:13:47] | Where are you, Belle? | 你在哪儿 贝莱 |
[1:13:55] | All right, listen up. | 好啦 听着 |
[1:13:57] | I know you’ve scoured every square inch of this place. | 这地方已经翻了个遍了 |
[1:14:00] | That means we gotta move the perimeter out | 我们往周边找找 |
[1:14:02] | Another three miles. | 再扩大3英里 |
[1:14:04] | Do that and don’t come back without her. | 快去 找不到她别回来 |
[1:14:19] | Come on, Apache Wind. we’re almost there. | 快走 阿帕奇之风 就快到了 |
[1:14:21] | Come on, you’re okay. | 来吧 你能行的 |
[1:14:23] | Come on, let’s go. | 来吧 走吧 |
[1:14:26] | Atticus, help me out. come on. | 阿修斯 帮帮我 快 |
[1:14:31] | Come on, Apache Wind, come on! | 快走 阿帕奇之风 快走 |
[1:14:34] | Settle down. you’re okay. | 静一静 你行的 |
[1:15:38] | I thought she was raised more sensible. | 我还以为她长大会更理智 |
[1:15:40] | Ho, boy. | 可倒好 |
[1:15:42] | More sensible? she’s 12. | 更理智 她才12岁 |
[1:15:46] | There are a lot of hard lessons in life, Hock, | 人一辈子可能会受不少教训 霍克 |
[1:15:48] | But there’s no reason that a kid | 但别指望孩子 |
[1:15:50] | Should have to learn them all at once, | 一下子什么都懂了 |
[1:15:51] | Especially from her grandfather. | 特别是从她外公 |
[1:15:53] | Or her father, for that matter. | 或她爸身上学好 |
[1:15:56] | She makes perfect sense to me. | 我觉得她很有道理 |
[1:15:59] | All she sees in all living things is the potential. | 她看到的是生命的潜质 |
[1:16:03] | My god, | 上帝啊 |
[1:16:05] | Why would anybody want her to see it any other way? | 为何就没人允许她换个角度看问题呢 |
[1:16:11] | Well, if she rode north of the draw, | 若她往北的话 |
[1:16:15] | There’s nothing between her and Nebraska but hope. | 那里一片荒芜 祈祷吧 |
[1:16:22] | You take the river road, Cody. | 你走水路 科迪 |
[1:16:42] | You fell and hit your head. | 你跌倒摔伤了头 |
[1:16:45] | Apache Wind… where is he? | 阿帕奇之风 他在哪儿 |
[1:16:50] | Went home. | 回家了 |
[1:16:52] | Smart horse. | 它真聪明 |
[1:17:04] | But I saw you throw them in the river. | 我明明看到你把它们扔河里了 |
[1:17:07] | Sometimes eyes lie. | 有时眼见不一定为实 |
[1:17:11] | Man, if Hock saw this place, | 大哥 这地方若让外公发现的话 |
[1:17:15] | He’d fire you for sure. | 准炒你鱿鱼 |
[1:17:18] | Possible. | 有可能 |
[1:17:20] | Those are my friends. | 它们是我的朋友 |
[1:17:24] | How do you feed them? how can you afford… | 你怎么喂它们 如何负担… |
[1:17:26] | Those are my friends. | 它们是我的朋友 |
[1:17:28] | They need me to be strong for them. | 它们需要我来呵护 |
[1:17:35] | I understand that. | 我明白 |
[1:17:37] | Grandpa wouldn’t. | 可外公不明白 |
[1:17:40] | She was my friend too… your mama. | 你妈妈 她也是我朋友 |
[1:17:54] | Ever since I was no bigger than you are now, | 我就你这么大点时 和她就是朋友了 |
[1:17:56] | Your mom and me… | 你妈妈和我… |
[1:18:08] | Your grandpa Hock see your mama | 你外公看到什么 |
[1:18:10] | In everything he set his eye on. | 都会想起你妈妈 |
[1:18:14] | He see her in Apache Wind. | 在阿帕奇之风身上 |
[1:18:16] | He see her in that dog. | 在狗狗身上 |
[1:18:18] | He see her in you. | 在你身上 |
[1:18:24] | Eats him up like battery acid. | 这让他倍感煎熬 |
[1:18:26] | He’s broken, just like my friends. | 他伤得很深 就像我的这些朋友们一样 |
[1:18:28] | But he don’t have nobody to feed him | 可没人去抚慰他 |
[1:18:31] | And keep him warm and pat him on the head | 温暖他 并轻抚他的头 |
[1:18:33] | And say, “you’re okay.” | 对他说 “会好的” |
[1:18:41] | Sometimes we get so soaked up in our own misery, | 有时我们沉迷在自己的悲痛之中 |
[1:18:45] | We can’t even fathom the depth of hurting others. | 却不知把别人伤得多么深 |
[1:19:00] | We’d better be going now, | 我们该走了 |
[1:19:03] | Far away, | 走得远远的 |
[1:19:06] | And you can’t stop us. | 你休想阻拦 |
[1:19:07] | I don’t have to. | 没那必要 |
[1:19:12] | I lit this place up like christmas eve. | 我也是抱着试试的心理 |
[1:19:17] | One if by land, two if by you. | 与其听天由命 不如你来养 |
[1:19:38] | Belle, Belle! | 贝莱 贝莱 |
[1:19:45] | No, no, grandpa! | 不 不 外公 |
[1:19:47] | I’m not going back. | 我不回去 |
[1:19:48] | I’m not letting you have these animals. | 不会让你把动物抢走的 |
[1:19:50] | I hate you! I hate you! I hate you! I hate you! | 我恨你 恨你 恨你 恨你 |
[1:19:53] | Belle Mae Lawler, | 贝莱・梅・罗勒尔 |
[1:19:55] | If you ever… ever do that again, | 你要是再敢这么干 哪怕一次 |
[1:20:01] | I will die. | 我会死的 |
[1:20:14] | All this time I thought you had a still out here. | 我一直猜测你有个秘密基地 |
[1:20:17] | No, sir. | 没有 先生 |
[1:20:20] | Well, son, | 那么 伙计 |
[1:20:22] | You’re gonna wish you had. | 你该庆幸你有 |
[1:20:33] | That hurt? | 疼吗 |
[1:20:35] | A little. | 有点儿 |
[1:20:37] | You know, we don’t call hurt “pain” anymore. | 知道吗 “伤”不叫”疼” |
[1:20:39] | We call it discomfort. | 叫”不适” |
[1:20:41] | Then I’m pretty discomfortable. | 那我现在相当不适 |
[1:20:44] | You’re gonna have a nasty bump on your head, | 你头上起了个大包 |
[1:20:46] | But you’re gonna be okay. you got it? | 但会好起来的 明白 |
[1:20:51] | How’s dad? | 爸爸呢 |
[1:20:54] | He’ll be in in a sec. | 他就快到了 |
[1:20:58] | You like him, don’t you? | 你喜欢他 对吗 |
[1:21:00] | Of course I do. | 当然 |
[1:21:02] | No, you “like” him. don’t you? | 不是啦 你爱他 对吗 |
[1:21:06] | Of course I do. | 当然 |
[1:21:10] | Okay, that does it. | 好 就这样吧 |
[1:21:12] | And you can forget about any malpractice, missy, | 忘记治疗不当吧 小姐 |
[1:21:14] | Because I don’t even have a license for people. | 因为我可没医护执照 |
[1:21:31] | That night at the hospital… | 那晚在医院… |
[1:21:36] | I did argue with the doctor. | 我确实和那医生吵了 |
[1:21:42] | I argued with him because | 我和他吵是因为 |
[1:21:43] | Your mother was technically… | 从技术角度 你妈妈… |
[1:21:47] | Clinically she was… | 从临床角度 她已经… |
[1:21:49] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[1:21:52] | And the doctor said that the best thing to do | 医生说最好的方法 |
[1:21:55] | Would be to remove her from life support | 就是拿掉维生装置 |
[1:21:57] | And let her slip away peacefully. | 让她安乐死去 |
[1:22:01] | And I said no, | 我说不行 |
[1:22:04] | And I said no and no and no. | 我说不行 不行 不行 |
[1:22:07] | And I kept saying no. | 一直说 不行 |
[1:22:11] | She lasted another 39 hours. | 她坚持了39小时 |
[1:22:20] | Honey, I… I didn’t do | 宝贝儿 并非你想得那样 |
[1:22:23] | What you think I did, | 其实我没害死你妈 |
[1:22:25] | But I wish to god I had. | 情愿是我害死的 |
[1:22:29] | I wished when they asked, | 我希望那会儿医生问起时 |
[1:22:30] | I would have just said, “yes, do it.” | 我就说 “好 做吧” |
[1:22:34] | Because for the next 39 hours, | 因为接下来的39小时 |
[1:22:35] | I don’t know where your mother was. | 我不知道你妈在哪儿 |
[1:22:38] | I don’t know what kind of hell she was going through. | 不知道她要经受何种煎熬 |
[1:22:47] | And I am ashamed of being so selfish. | 真惭愧 我竟那么自私 |
[1:22:56] | There isn’t a day that goes by that | 往后的每一天里 |
[1:22:57] | I don’t regret prolonging it. | 我都在自责延续她的痛苦 |
[1:23:02] | Those 39 hours could have been an eternity. | 那39个小时是多么漫长啊 |
[1:23:08] | I knew mom was going to someplace good | 我知道妈妈会去一个好地方 |
[1:23:10] | And someplace special | 一个特别的地方 |
[1:23:11] | And she deserved to get there sooner. | 她本应该早些到达那儿 |
[1:23:34] | What about that summer job? you ready? | 暑期工作如何 准备好了吗 |
[1:23:37] | – Yeah. – Because I gotta get back to work. | -是的 -因为我得回去工作了 |
[1:23:40] | And Lillian’s gotta get back | 莉莉安要回诊所了 |
[1:23:41] | Because the last thing I heard | 因为我听说 |
[1:23:43] | Was Vinny bit Natasha in the butt. | 维尼咬了娜塔莎的屁股 |
[1:23:47] | Tomorrow, my little cowgirl, we ride. | 小牛仔 明天咱们骑马去 |
[1:23:57] | – Behave yourself. – Okay. | -规矩点 -好的 |
[1:24:01] | I gotta have my hat. | 得拿回帽子了 |
[1:24:13] | See ya. | 再见 |
[1:24:22] | Goodbye, Hock. | 再见 霍克 |
[1:24:24] | Cody, Belle, Lillian. | 科迪 贝莱 莉莉安 |
[1:24:30] | – Bye. – Goodbye, guys. | -再见 -再见 伙计们 |
[1:24:35] | Hey, hold on just a minute. | 稍等会儿 |
[1:24:37] | Basham, cut that mutt loose. | 巴沙姆 把狗放了吧 |
[1:24:43] | Go. | 去吧 |
[1:24:48] | Daddy, please please please. | 爸爸 求你了 求你了 求你了 |
[1:24:51] | – Please. – Why not? | -求你了 -有何不可呢 |
[1:24:55] | Thank you, grandpa. | 谢谢你 外公 |
[1:24:57] | Don’t thank me. you spoiled him. | 别谢我 他都给你宠坏了 |
[1:25:00] | – I what? – He’s spoiled. | -我咋了 -被宠坏了 |
[1:25:15] | You know what, grandpa? | 知道吗 外公 |
[1:25:17] | If you call that spoiled, | 这也叫宠的话 |
[1:25:20] | Then there’s a heck of a lot more spoiling | 那这儿还有好多 |
[1:25:22] | That needs to be done around here. | 要让我宠坏的 |
[1:25:24] | And if you’re too stubborn | 你若太顽固 |
[1:25:27] | And you’re too fuzzle-headed | 太糊涂 |
[1:25:28] | And you’re too stupid to realize that, | 太蠢而无法意识到的话 |
[1:25:32] | Then I’m just gonna have to do it myself. | 我就自己动手 |
[1:25:34] | There’s gonna be some changes around here. | 这儿该变变了 |
[1:25:39] | Is that okay with you, dad? | 没问题吧 爸爸 |
[1:25:42] | Are you asking me? | 你问我吗 |
[1:25:44] | For starters, I don’t trust him with my puppy. | 首先 狗狗由他照看我不放心 |
[1:25:47] | What? | 什么 |
[1:25:49] | And… | 还有… |
[1:25:56] | Grandpa needs someone to pat him on the head | 得有人轻抚外公的头 |
[1:25:58] | And tell him he’s okay. | 告诉他会好起来的 |
[1:26:03] | You got it, kid. | 没错 孩子 |
[1:26:19] | Hey! hey, just a minute. | 那啥 等等 |
[1:26:22] | There was no talk about her being permanent. | 没说她要在这常住啊 |
[1:26:25] | Can it, grandpa. | 别吵 外公 |
[1:26:27] | When you’re done standing around, | 等你站够了 |
[1:26:29] | You can meet me out by the compost heap. | 就到堆肥堆找我 |
[1:26:31] | Someone’s gotta do some work around here. | 得干活咯 |
[1:26:38] | – Belle, be good. brush your teeth. – Bye. | -贝莱 乖点 要刷牙哦 -再见 |
[1:26:51] | Hey, Nat. | 你好 纳特 |
[1:26:53] | What? | 什么 |
[1:26:55] | Oh, no. | 哦不 |
[1:26:58] | We got another one. | 又有动物死了 |
[1:27:00] | Checked and rechecked, Nada. | 检查再检查 娜达 |
[1:27:04] | Toxicology from k state? | 堪萨斯城的食品毒理检验呢 |
[1:27:05] | Not. | 不是 |
[1:27:08] | Blood work, stool, | 血检 便检 |
[1:27:12] | Pathology report from ksdvm? | 堪萨斯城的病理分析报告呢 |
[1:27:14] | Nein, nyet and no way, dude. | 不 不 不可能的 |
[1:27:16] | There’s nothing here. | 一无所获 |
[1:27:19] | There has got to be a link. | 总会有共性 |
[1:27:21] | I just know there has to be some link. | 我猜一定和什么有关 |
[1:27:23] | You… | 和你… |
[1:27:25] | Me what? | 我怎么了 |
[1:27:28] | You! you’re the only link. | 你 就是你 |
[1:27:31] | You are the common denominator. | 你就是共性 |
[1:27:33] | Your clients, your dogs, | 你的客户 你的狗狗 |
[1:27:34] | Your care and prescribed treatment. | 你的呵护和治疗法 |
[1:27:36] | Your meds, diet and… | 你开的药 饮食处方… |
[1:27:37] | Oh my god. do you think that’s true? | 天哪 是真的吗 |
[1:27:40] | You are the kiss of death, dr. Lillian Cole. | 你是死神 莉莉安・科尔医生 |
[1:27:47] | I’m kidding. | 我开玩笑的 |
[1:27:54] | Don’t do that. | 别那么做 |
[1:27:55] | – Mr. Peepers is getting cranky. – No, stop. | -皮彭先生要遭殃喽 -不 停下 |
[1:28:02] | Well, when is the food gonna arrive? | 什么时候能上主食啊 |
[1:28:06] | Every now and then you should eat a little something | 偶尔也得换换胃口 |
[1:28:09] | That won’t turn your heart into a hockey puck. | 那不会把你的心变冰球的 |
[1:28:23] | Belle, what about these changes? | 贝莱 你说的改变呢 |
[1:28:27] | There’s no such thing as culling a litter anymore. | 不再有诸如择优选仔一说 |
[1:28:32] | If a pup isn’t fit to be sold, | 小狗不适合卖的话 |
[1:28:33] | We’ll just have to find a home for it. | 就替他们找个家 |
[1:28:34] | That’s gonna make a lot of extra mouths to feed. | 岂不是又要添好几张嘴 |
[1:28:38] | I’ll pay for it. | 我买单 |
[1:28:41] | You will? | 就你吗 |
[1:28:43] | You can deduct it from my raise. | 可以从我薪水里扣 |
[1:28:54] | We’ll need special pens for Basham’s critters | 我们得用绘图笔给巴沙姆养的 |
[1:28:56] | That have access to the pond and pasture. | 进入池塘和牧场的动物做上记号 |
[1:28:59] | Who’s gonna pay for that? | 谁付钱呢? |
[1:29:01] | Basham will. | 巴沙姆会买的 |
[1:29:03] | You can deduct it from his raise. | 你从他薪水里扣就行 |
[1:29:19] | You know, | 知道吗 |
[1:29:22] | This is all well and good for a time, honey. | 也许这样能顺当一阵子 宝贝儿 |
[1:29:26] | But I seriously can’t sustain the expense | 可养动物却不挣钱 |
[1:29:29] | Of husbanding animals that don’t return a profit. | 我承担不起这笔开销 |
[1:29:34] | And neither can you. | 你也承担不起 |
[1:29:37] | And neither can Basham. | 巴沙姆也承受不了 |
[1:29:41] | There’s a reality out there | 这就是事实 |
[1:29:43] | That you just have to accept. | 你不得不接受 |
[1:29:48] | And it’s not about the money. | 这并非钱的问题 |
[1:29:51] | I know that, grandpa. | 我明白 外公 |
[1:29:53] | But for a time, | 但给我点时间 |
[1:29:55] | Until I think of something else? | 让我再想想其它办法 |
[1:29:59] | Yeah, for a time. | 行 给你点时间考虑 |
[1:30:10] | Now about Apache Wind. | 说说阿帕奇之风吧 |
[1:30:14] | What about him? | 他怎么办 |
[1:30:15] | He’s not for sale. | 他不卖 |
[1:30:18] | What we should do is… | 我们要做的就是… |
[1:30:29] | Did you double his stud fees? | 你给种马费加倍了吗 |
[1:30:32] | Nope. | 没 |
[1:30:37] | I tripled ’em. | 我加了三倍 |
[1:30:47] | – And… – Scout. | -他是… -司各特 |
[1:30:55] | – Calpurnia. – Calpurnia. | -卡尔普尼亚 -卡尔普尼亚 |
[1:30:58] | No, this is Miss Maudie. | 错了 她是马蒂小姐 |
[1:31:00] | Calpurnia has a little white spot on her left foot. | 卡尔普尼亚左爪有个白点 |
[1:31:05] | Let’s start over. | 再来一遍 |
[1:31:07] | That horse’s name is… | 那匹马叫做… |
[1:31:09] | Olivia. | 奥利维亚 |
[1:31:13] | Woman I know. | 我认得那女的 |
[1:31:16] | You knew a woman? | 你认识个女的 |
[1:31:18] | My mother! | 我妈妈 |
[1:31:21] | Well… | 那么… |
[1:31:23] | – Olivia. – Olivia. | -奥利维亚 -奥利维亚 |
[1:31:27] | You know, | 知道吗 |
[1:31:28] | If we could change that hedge line to the berm | 若把篱笆往坡台挪挪的话 |
[1:31:30] | We could cut down on some of that store-bought feed… | 我们就能省点成饲料… |
[1:31:33] | Your mother loved animals. | 你妈妈喜爱动物 |
[1:31:38] | She loved animals | 她爱那些动物 |
[1:31:40] | More than life itself. | 胜于生命 |
[1:31:56] | And with the price of hedge going for 140 bucks a cord. | 篱笆要140块一根 |
[1:32:02] | Hey, lil, you okay? | 莉儿 你还好吧 |
[1:32:06] | – It’s aflatoxin. – gesundheit. | – 是黄曲霉毒素 – 祝贺啊 |
[1:32:09] | No, it’s aflatoxin. | 不是 是黄曲霉毒素 |
[1:32:11] | I know what killed those dogs. | 我知道那些狗的死因了 |
[1:32:14] | I figured it out. | 我弄明白了 |
[1:32:20] | We gotta go. | 咱们得走了 |
[1:32:25] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[1:32:27] | I chose those dogs’ diets. | 我给狗狗们规定饮食 |
[1:32:30] | But there’s no way all my stock was tainted. | 但是我存的食物不可能全都被感染了 |
[1:32:32] | It would have to be something occurring to the food. | 一定是饲料本身的问题 |
[1:32:35] | Something that occurs haphazardly | 可能是偶然出了点问题 |
[1:32:37] | That affects one batch and not another. | 导致其中的一批受污染 |
[1:32:39] | Hence, the reason it was so difficult to trace and isolate. | 所以原因才这么难找 |
[1:32:43] | Aflatoxin? – mm-hmm. | 黄曲霉毒素? – 对 |
[1:33:00] | No no, it’s not your food, sir. | 不 不是由于您的饲料 先生 |
[1:33:02] | Aflatoxin is a mold that’s inherent to all grain-based feeds. | 黄曲霉毒素是种霉菌 所有谷类饲料里都有 |
[1:33:06] | I know all about aflatoxin, | 我知道黄曲霉毒素 |
[1:33:07] | But it can’t survive the heat of our extrusion process. | 它不可能经过压缩加工的热度后还能存活 |
[1:33:09] | If that process is less than 10% moisture | 如果加工时的湿度低于 |
[1:33:12] | In the final product, correct? | 最终产品的10% 对吧? |
[1:33:13] | – Well, yes. – even 1% above that, and you have… | – 对啊 – 即便是超出1% 都会… |
[1:33:16] | – Food poisoning. – exactly. | – 食物中毒 – 没错 |
[1:33:19] | So what you’re saying is if one of my temperature gauges is off | 你是说 如果我的一个温度计坏掉了的话 |
[1:33:21] | – By even just a little bit… – yes yes. | – 哪怕只有一点点 – 对 |
[1:33:23] | But it can’t be all that much off. | 不会是太大程度上的 |
[1:33:25] | The incidents, the deaths were fairly localized, | 这些事故 死因表明了 |
[1:33:28] | And if you have even 1% more… | 哪怕只多1%… |
[1:33:30] | Get me security. | 给我接保安处 |
[1:33:33] | Drop the gates. | 关上大门 |
[1:33:36] | Stop the run. that’s right. | 暂停生产 对 |
[1:33:40] | Yeah, the entire run. | 对 全都停下 |
[1:33:52] | Atticus, shh! | 阿修斯 嘘 |
[1:33:54] | – Shh, no! – easy now, boy. | – 嘘 不 – 放松点 小子 |
[1:33:56] | Atticus, stop, no! atticus, stop! | 阿修斯 停下 别叫了! 阿修斯 停下! |
[1:34:00] | Easy now. | 放松点 |
[1:34:02] | Atticus, no! | 阿修斯 别叫了! |
[1:34:05] | – Stop, atticus! – I said heel! | – 停下 阿修斯 – 我说… |
[1:34:07] | Atticus, no! | 阿修斯 不要! |
[1:34:10] | My understanding is that the attack was totally unprovoked. | 我觉得它是完全没来由的咬了他 |
[1:34:14] | Yeah, it was. | 就是啊 |
[1:34:17] | It’s her dog? | 她的狗吗 |
[1:34:20] | It’s her… | 是她… |
[1:34:23] | It’s our dog. | 我们的狗 |
[1:34:25] | Hock, this has gotta go a certain way. | 霍克 这总要想法子解决 |
[1:34:30] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[1:34:36] | Give me a minute. | 稍等 |
[1:34:44] | Hey, belle. | 嘿 贝莱 |
[1:34:46] | We got a decision to make. | 我们得做个决定 |
[1:34:50] | I know. | 我知道 |
[1:34:52] | What’s gonna happen now | 现在 |
[1:34:55] | Is brent’s gonna take the dog down | 布伦特要带它去 |
[1:34:58] | To the pound and it’s gotta stay there | 拘留所 它得在那呆一阵 |
[1:35:01] | Until the judge makes a determination. | 直到法官作出判决 |
[1:35:06] | But from what he tells me, | 但是他跟我说 |
[1:35:08] | It’s pretty much a foregone conclusion. | 应该会跟预想的一样 |
[1:35:12] | We’re gonna have to put him down. | 我们得放弃它了 |
[1:35:17] | How long will he have to stay at the pound? | 他得在拘留所呆多久 |
[1:35:20] | Days. maybe weeks. | 几天 或者几周 |
[1:35:26] | What if no one presses charges? | 要是没人提起诉讼呢 |
[1:35:30] | Well, it doesn’t work like that, honey. | 不是你想的那样 宝贝 |
[1:35:33] | It’s out of our hands unless… | 我们管不了 除非 |
[1:35:37] | Unless what? | 除非什么 |
[1:35:40] | Unless we take care of things ourselves | 除非我们自己动手 |
[1:35:42] | And we just keep it in the family. | 我们还可以把它留在家里 |
[1:35:47] | Honey, why don’t you let me make this decision? | 宝贝 还是我来决定吧 |
[1:35:49] | No, grandpa, this is my decision. | 不 外公 我来决定 |
[1:35:59] | No pound. | 不去拘留所 |
[1:36:02] | For atticus, that could be an eternity. | 对阿修斯来说 他可能永远也出不来了 |
[1:36:07] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:36:13] | So if you leave the dog here, | 你们要是把狗留下来 |
[1:36:17] | We’ll put it down. | 我们会处理的 |
[1:36:19] | That’d be fine. | 那好吧 |
[1:36:21] | Just no later than tomorrow. | 别超过明天 |
[1:36:24] | – Okay, appreciate that. thank you. – yeah. | – 好吧 谢谢 – 好的 |
[1:36:42] | Natasha tries to get me out here once a week. | 娜塔莎每周都想把我弄出去 |
[1:36:46] | And do you go? | 你去吗 |
[1:36:48] | Not till now. | 直到今天 |
[1:36:50] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[1:36:53] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[1:36:54] | I guess it just reminds me | 我猜是因为会让我想起 |
[1:36:56] | Of all the things I’m not, | 那些我没做过的 |
[1:36:59] | All the things I’m missing, | 和我错过的事情 |
[1:37:01] | All those bright, pretty things. | 那些耀眼的 美丽的事 |
[1:37:07] | There is not a light in this city that shines brighter than you. | 在这地方 没有比你更光彩照人的了 |
[1:37:15] | Wow, I never pegged you for a romantic. | 我从没想到你这么浪漫 |
[1:37:18] | I have my moments. | 灵光一现 |
[1:37:21] | They’re few and far between, but I have my moments. | 虽然不多 但还是有的 |
[1:37:35] | So… | 那个 |
[1:37:38] | We have a good night? | 今晚开心吗 |
[1:37:40] | No, we had a great night. | 不止 是非常开心 |
[1:37:44] | A little dinner, a little music, | 吃点晚餐 听听音乐 |
[1:37:48] | A little dancing, | 跳段小舞 |
[1:37:51] | A little… | 来点… |
[1:37:53] | – I’m sorry. | – 不好意思 |
[1:37:55] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[1:37:59] | Hello. | 你好 |
[1:38:03] | Hock. | 霍克 |
[1:38:37] | “When he was nearly 13, | “我弟弟吉姆快13岁的时候” |
[1:38:39] | My brother jem got his arm badly broken | 摔伤了胳膊肘 |
[1:38:42] | At the elbow. | 摔得很严重 |
[1:38:44] | When it healed and jem’s fears | 等到痊愈了 |
[1:38:46] | Of never being able to play football were assuaged… | 吉姆对以后再也不能打球的担心也烟消云散了 |
[1:38:52] | Maycomb was an old town, | 我对梅康堡的第一印象 |
[1:38:54] | But it was a tired old town | 是一座古镇 |
[1:38:56] | When I first knew it. | 一座无聊的古镇 |
[1:38:57] | Somehow was harder then. | 而此时尤甚 |
[1:39:00] | A black dog suffered on a summer’s day. | 一只大黑狗正忍受着酷热 |
[1:39:03] | Bony mules hitched to hoover carts | 在广场上 瘦骨嶙峋的一群骡子拴在大车上 |
[1:39:06] | Flicked flies in the sweltering shade of the live oaks | 在树阴下 烦躁地用着自己的尾巴 |
[1:39:09] | On the square… | 拍着苍蝇 |
[1:39:10] | There are clearly no defined seasons in south alabama. | 阿拉巴马的南部四季并不分明 |
[1:39:14] | Summer drifts into autumn, | 夏去秋至 |
[1:39:18] | And autumn is sometimes never followed by winter… | 秋天过去 冬天又悄悄到来 |
[1:39:23] | Reverend sykes’s voice was as distant | 赛克斯神父的声音从悠远的地方传来 |
[1:39:25] | As judge taylor’s, | 如同泰勒法官的一样 |
[1:39:28] | ‘Miss jean louise, stand up. | “简・路易斯小姐 起立” |
[1:39:31] | Your father’s passing… ‘ | 你父亲…” |
[1:39:35] | Jem said he would take me. | 吉姆说他会照顾我 |
[1:39:38] | Thus began our longest journey together… | 于是我们开始了漫长的相依为命的生活 |
[1:39:46] | He turned out the light | 他关掉灯 |
[1:39:48] | And went into Jem’s room. | 走进吉姆的房间 |
[1:39:52] | He would be there all night. | 他会整夜在这里 |
[1:39:55] | He would be there | 他会在那里 |
[1:39:57] | When jem waked up in the morning. | 直到吉姆醒来 |
[1:40:23] | How this works is the first shot | 过程是这样 第一针 |
[1:40:26] | Will put him fast to sleep. | 他会很快睡着 |
[1:40:28] | And the second shot | 第二针 |
[1:40:30] | Will stop his heart. | 会让它心脏停止跳动 |
[1:40:32] | And then he’ll be gone. | 然后它会安然的离去 |
[1:40:37] | I understand. | 我知道 |
[1:40:39] | He won’t feel any pain, not even the shot. | 它不会感觉疼的 连进针都不会感觉到 |
[1:40:42] | I understand. | 我知道 |
[1:40:46] | This might not be the right time, | 现在说这虽然不太合适 |
[1:40:49] | But I could not be more proud of you. | 但是我以你为荣 |
[1:40:59] | Ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[1:41:02] | Yeah. after the second shot, | 好了 第二针之后 |
[1:41:04] | I’d like to be alone with him. | 我想单独和它待会 |
[1:41:08] | I think he’d like that. | 我想它会喜欢的 |
[1:41:12] | Oh, I don’t think that you should… | 我觉得你不应该… |
[1:41:30] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:41:44] | I didn’t ask for this! | 我没说要这样! |
[1:41:46] | I don’t want this! this ain’t right. | 我不想让它死 这么做也不对 |
[1:41:49] | It ain’t up to you, basham. now get out. | 这不取决于你 巴沙姆 快出去 |
[1:41:52] | Don’t make it worse than it is. | 别在这瞎搅和 |
[1:41:53] | Ain’t but a scratch. | 不过就是抓伤而已 |
[1:41:56] | Stand aside, belle. | 躲开 贝莱 |
[1:41:58] | Basham! | 巴沙姆 |
[1:42:05] | Clayton… | 克莱顿… |
[1:42:10] | I need you to be strong for me now. | 现在 我要你为我坚强起来 |
[1:42:21] | No 4h club. | 别婆婆妈妈 |
[1:42:24] | Oh no, Belle. | 不 贝莱 |
[1:42:28] | No way. | 绝不 |
[1:42:34] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[1:42:38] | Was that the feed that you were | 这是当时阿修斯咬你的时候 |
[1:42:41] | Feeding apache wind whenever atticus attacked you? | 你喂给阿帕奇之风的饲料吗 |
[1:42:44] | It was. | 是啊 |
[1:42:50] | That’s cw feed. | 是CW饲料 |
[1:43:00] | – A dog knows. – Don’t he? | -狗能通灵 -可不嘛 |
[1:43:03] | Belle, honey. | 贝莱 亲爱的 |
[1:43:06] | What in the sam hill is going on? | 怎么回事啊 |
[1:43:07] | There’s a… it’s a grain-based mold that’s coming | 这个牌子的饲料里 |
[1:43:10] | In this brand of feed right now. | 有一种谷类作物的霉菌 |
[1:43:12] | They’re looking into it. but it’s called alpha… | 他们现在在查 是一种叫… |
[1:43:14] | Aflatoxin or something like that. | 黄曲霉毒素的东西 |
[1:43:18] | Look, you ever heard of a little thing called canine precognition? | 你听说过一种 犬类的直觉吗 |
[1:43:24] | You know, I picked out that dog myself. | 我自己选的那条狗 |
[1:43:26] | – Yeah yeah. – of course you did. | – 是啊 – 当然 |
[1:43:29] | Lillian, lillian, he’s waking up! | 莉莉安 莉莉安 他醒了! |
[1:43:32] | Coming. | 就来了 |
[1:43:36] | That’s quite a girl you got there. | 不错的女孩子 |
[1:43:39] | Which one? | 哪一个 |
[1:43:49] | You were driving that car, son. | 当时你在开车 孩子 |
[1:43:54] | Does it matter? | 有关系吗 |
[1:43:57] | It does not. | 没关系 |
[1:44:01] | But you know, your daughter has got animals crammed | 可你知道吗 你女儿把这 |
[1:44:04] | Into every god-splashed inch of this place. | 每一寸地方都塞满了动物 |
[1:44:06] | I could probably help you out with that actually. | 我可以帮你的 |
[1:44:10] | – Is that a fact? – that is a fact. | – 是吗 -是啊 |
[1:44:13] | For a little price. | 需要点小代价 |
[1:44:17] | I’ll talk to you about it. come on. | 我跟你谈谈 走吧 |
[1:44:19] | 天涯旅馆 | |
[1:44:21] | – Two coats. – it doesn’t need two coats. | -涂两层 -不用涂两层 |
[1:44:23] | Cody said two coats. | 科迪说涂两层 |
[1:44:24] | You’re not even getting one coat on that one. | 你那块一层都没涂呢 |
[1:44:26] | You start farther up and I got this. | 你上远的地方涂去 我涂这 |
[1:44:28] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:44:29] | CW饲料 | |
[1:44:56] | Cheeseburger… hold the cheese. | 奶酪汉堡 拿着奶酪 |
[1:44:58] | See ya. | 一会见 |
[1:45:03] | I’ve had worse motel guests than this. trust me. | 比这更烂的客人我都接待过 相信我 |
[1:45:07] | 39 shriners came through here one halloween night. | 39个衰人在万圣节那天晚上突袭 |
[1:45:11] | Boy, howdy! | 孩子 你好啊 |
[1:45:21] | Oh, yeah! That’s gonna buy a lot of kibble. | 好的! 这能买不少粗粮呢 |
[1:45:24] | Thank you, guys, so much. | 谢谢 伙计们 |
[1:45:26] | 莉莉安与科迪诊所 | |
[1:45:29] | – How old is he? – he’s 5 years old. | -他多大了 -5岁了 |
[1:45:32] | – Any problems with him before? – no… | – 以前出过什么问题吗 – 没有 |
[1:45:35] | – Hock, good to see you again. – Jim. | -霍克 你好啊 -吉姆 |
[1:45:37] | Rick, my friend poovey. | 里克 我朋友普维 |
[1:45:39] | – Mr. Poovey. -How do you do? howdy. howdy. | -普维先生 -你好 你好 |
[1:45:43] | – Did you bring that check? – I sure did. | -带支票来了 -当然 |
[1:45:45] | I just need to know who to make it out to. | 我就是不知道给谁 |
[1:45:47] | You make it out to those people right there. | 给那边那些人 |
[1:45:49] | 爱狗之家 | |
[1:45:50] | I’m just gonna check that all the zeroes are in place. | 我就是检查一下少没少零 |
[1:45:53] | They’re there, I think you’ll find. | 都在这呢 你点点 |
[1:45:56] | They certainly are. | 没错 |
[1:45:58] | – It’s a pleasure. – pleasure’s all mine. | -愿意效劳 -是我的荣幸 |
[1:46:00] | Rick. | 里克 |
[1:46:03] | Belle, that’s for you, baby. | 贝莱 给你的宝贝 |
[1:46:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:46:18] | Yeah! | 是的! |
[1:46:39] | Hey, cowgirl. | 嘿 小牛仔 |
[1:46:42] | – I need another book. – why? | -我还得要本书 -为啥 |
[1:46:44] | I’m completely out of names. | 我想不出名字来了 |
[1:46:46] | Well, it looks like you’re gonna need a lot of books. | 那你可得需要不少书 |
[1:46:49] | – You ready? – yeah. | -准备好了吗 -好了 |
[1:46:51] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[1:46:54] | Bye, Belle. | 拜拜 贝莱 |
[1:47:15] | You know, I was thinking… | 我在想… |
[1:47:18] | Maybe after I get my whole, you know, | 等我把这些 你知道 |
[1:47:20] | Belle situation sorted out, | 贝莱的事情弄好 |
[1:47:23] | Maybe you and I could, | 没准咱们俩可以 |
[1:47:25] | I don’t know, go to the park | 我不知道 去公园 |
[1:47:28] | Or get some ice cream, | 或者来点冰淇淋 |
[1:47:31] | I don’t know, maybe spend the rest of our life together. | 我不知道 或者 一起度过下半辈子 |
[1:47:35] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[1:47:54] | Yeah, see, now that’s about as contrary | 你看 这可是一只鸟 |
[1:47:57] | As a bird can get. | 能做的很大的转变了 |
[1:48:01] | – We’re gonna have to change his… her… – no way. | -我们得改变一下他的…她的… -才不呢 |
[1:48:04] | Her name now. to what? | 改她的名字 改成什么呢 |
[1:48:06] | – To Valerie. – Victoria. | -瓦莱丽 -维多利亚 |
[1:48:10] | – Vanessa. – Vivica. | -瓦内莎 -薇薇卡 |
[1:48:12] | – No, Vanessa. – what? | -不 瓦内莎 -为啥 |
[1:48:14] | Still be Vinny. | 小名还是维尼 |
[1:48:17] | – That’s true. – it’ll still be Vinny. | -这倒是 – 还是维尼 |
[1:48:22] | 此片为了纪念皮特・泊伊尔 |