英文名称:Alice
年代:1990
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:43] | – Hey. Where are you now? – Nowhere. | 你在想什麽 没什麽 |
[01:47] | It’s late. I have to go. | 太晚了,我得走了 |
[01:50] | Oh, oh, oh. | 强和苏珊确定要来晚餐吗 |
[01:51] | – John and Susan confirmed for dinner. – Yes. | 是的 |
[01:54] | Don’t sit her by Ray Poole’s wife. She’ll ask if he’s moving to Kidder Peabody. | 别坐在雷普太太旁边 她会打听她老公是否想换工作 |
[01:58] | – I’ll put her next to the Gimbels. – Mrs Tait! We’re ready for school. | 不会,我会安排她 |
[02:02] | We’re all bundled up. Come on. Let’s go. | 坐在吉保夫妇旁 泰德太太,孩子们要去上学了 |
[02:04] | There’s Mommy. Give her a big wave and a big hug. | 衣服都穿好了,走吧 |
[02:07] | – Do you have their library books? – Yes. And their milk money. Come on. | 去跟妈咪说再见 书都带了吗 |
[02:11] | – Wanna invite Lily to play? – Before you know it, I’ll pick you up. | 有,牛奶钱也带了 走吧…甜心 |
[02:14] | No, Monica? I’d like to pick them up today. | 我很快就会去接你的 你想找莉莉来玩吗 |
[02:17] | – All right. – OK. | 莫妮卡,今天我会去接他 好的 |
[02:18] | – Seen my tennis racket? – Bye! No. | 艾莉丝,有看到我的网球拍吗 没有 |
[02:21] | I’d love to go to the country this weekend. | 这个週末我想去乡下玩 |
[02:23] | Roger and I wanna play doubles with his lawyer and a friend. | 罗杰和我要和他的律师朋友 打双打 |
[02:26] | But it’s the last weekend for the antique show. | 但是古董展只剩下一个星期 拜託… |
[02:29] | Oh, come on. There’ll be others. I put in a clay court and I’ve yet to use it. | 还有下次,我盖了红土球场 至今尚未用过 |
[02:33] | – They have no more free-range chickens. – Then, no, Hilda. | 泰德太太,没有土鸡了 别买饲料鸡,都是化学物 |
[02:36] | There are too many chemicals in the others. Bye-bye. | 再见 再见 |
[02:39] | Order some papayas, Hilda. They’re high in fibre. | 买些凤梨,那种水果纤维很多 |
[02:42] | You want me to order more skin lotion and shampoo? | 要买你的化妆水或洗髮精吗 |
[02:44] | No. Dr Kellar’s putting me on new ones. You can order my moisturiser, though. | 不用了 凯大夫介绍我用新牌子 |
[02:49] | There’s my trainer. | 帮我买润髮乳好了 我的教练来了 |
[02:50] | Hilda, would you call my masseuse and see if I can come an hour earlier? | 希塔,帮我打电话给按摩师 我想要早一个钟头过去 |
[02:54] | My back is just killing me. | 我的背痛死了 |
[02:56] | – Hi, Ethel. Hi, Bill. – We met in the elevator. | 艾沙,真惊讶 |
[03:00] | I was out shopping for another client and I found this. | 我们在电梯遇到 我去逛街替客户买东西 |
[03:03] | – I was thinking of the Connecticut place. – Yeah? | 结果却发现这个 我就想到你在康乃迪克的别墅 |
[03:06] | – It’s a fin-de-siècle eel trap. – An eel trap? | 这个是19世纪末的鳗鱼圈套 鳗鱼圈套 |
[03:09] | Maybe for a lamp base or a dried flower arrangement? | 或许可以用来做灯套 |
[03:13] | – Interesting, yeah. – Live with it for a while. | 或是放乾燥花,这很有趣 你何不留著,这东西很罕有 |
[03:15] | – They’re hard to come by. – Are they? | 好,在乡下可以用,对不对 |
[03:18] | It’s a steal at 9,000. I’ll just be in the children’s room. | 只有九千元不贵 我到小孩子房看看画 |
[03:21] | – Ready to get off some cellulite? – My back is killing me. I don’t know why. | 准备要去掉一些油脂吗 |
[03:25] | I’ve had it X-rayed, I’ve been to my chiropractor, | 我的背痛死了 不晓得能不能作运动 |
[03:28] | I’ve had a shiatsu massage | 我去照X光,找过脊椎指压师 也做过油压按摩 |
[03:30] | – Tried acupuncture? – I’m scared of needles, no. | 你试过针灸吗 我怕针 |
[03:32] | – There’s a Dr Yang. He’s good. – I wonder, if I had a Swede walk on it | 有个杨大夫很棒 我怀疑我能否走的到 |
[03:56] | Oh, did you hear about Nancy Brill? | 你听说有关南茜布的事了吗 她升迁了 |
[03:59] | She got promoted. Now she’s in charge of buying scripts for a big cable TV station. | 她负责一家大电视台 买剧本的业务 |
[04:05] | – Really? – She can get a project done if she likes it. | 真的吗 只要她喜欢就能製作一部戏 |
[04:09] | Who would have thought? Everybody’s running to her with scripts. | 谁想得到呢 大家都争相抱著剧本去找她 |
[04:12] | My! It’s great when a good friend makes it. | 天啊,一个朋友出头天 |
[04:17] | I hear she’s having an affair with Beth Winninger’s husband. | 这感觉真好 |
[04:20] | Really? | 听说她跟温贝诗的先生有染 真的吗 |
[04:23] | – Nina? – What? | 莉娜 怎样 |
[04:25] | Could you excuse us for a couple of minutes? | 可否让我们单独谈谈 |
[04:28] | – Sure. – Just for a minute. Thank you. | 只要一下子 |
[04:31] | – Nina, I have to talk to someone. – About what? | 莉娜,我得找人谈谈 谈什麽 |
[04:35] | – You must never tell. Promise. – I promise. | 你不能说出去 我不会,我保证 |
[04:40] | I feel so ashamed. You know I’m not the type to have an affair. | 我觉得我好丢脸 你知道我不是那种 会有外遇型的 |
[04:45] | You know, 16 years I’ve been married to Doug. | 我跟道格结婚16年 |
[04:48] | – It’s not in me. – I know. You’re a good Catholic. | 从没有那种行为… |
[04:51] | Now who are you sleeping with? | 我知道,你是天主教徒 你跟谁睡觉了 |
[04:54] | The other day Monica was sick, so I brought the kids to school | 那天莫妮卡生病 我带孩子去上学… |
[05:12] | Excuse me. Miss? | 对不起 |
[05:14] | – What? – I think you dropped your | 什麽 小姐,你的东西掉了 |
[05:17] | – Oh, my book. – Edna St Vincent Millay. | 我的书 |
[05:19] | – Thank you. I’m sorry. Thank you. – Romantic stuff. | 圣文森米雷诗集 谢谢… |
[05:25] | Come on. | 很浪漫的诗 |
[05:33] | ‘I can’t get him out of my mind.’ ‘And that’s it? That’s all?’ | 我一直忘不了他 就这样而已吗 |
[05:37] | – Yes. – You said an affair. | 是的 你不是说有外遇吗 |
[05:39] | – You know I could never – What’s his name? Is he single? | 你知道我不会的 |
[05:43] | I don’t even… I don’t know. | 他叫什麽名字,他单身吗 |
[05:46] | Isn’t this foolish? | 我根本不知道,是不是很蠢呢 |
[05:48] | It isn’t even that he’s so handsome. | 不只是他很英俊 |
[05:50] | It’s more the way he looked at me, you know? | 而是他的眼神 |
[05:54] | – Was he there when you went back? – I couldn’t bring myself to go back. | 你再去时又遇到他了吗 我不知道,我不敢再去 |
[05:58] | I had Hilda pick up the children. But I’m gonna go today. I’m gonna go. | 我叫希塔去接小孩 但是我今天要去… |
[06:02] | I don’t know why. You know, I’d never dare do anything. | 我胆子本来就很小 什麽也不敢 |
[06:05] | – Start a conversation. – Speak to him? Come on. You’re joking. | 跟他聊聊 跟他说话,少开玩笑了 |
[06:10] | I can’t bring myself to look at him, let alone speak to him. | 我不敢看他 或是单独跟他在一起 |
[06:14] | I tried to speak to him the other day, and I just… Nothing came out. | 那天我试著想跟他说话 |
[06:18] | Are you and Doug OK? | 但一个字也说不出口 |
[06:21] | Yeah. I always assumed everything was fine. | 你和道格还好吗 |
[06:24] | I’m just so ashamed of the way I feel. | 我想很好 我只是心裡愧疚有这种感觉 |
[06:26] | – You must never tell – Hi, Alice. Nina, hi. | 你不可以告诉别人 艾莉丝,莉娜 |
[06:29] | – How is your back? Feeling any better? – No, it’s worse. It’s much worse. | 你的背如何了,好些了吗 没有,更糟… |
[06:33] | I have the perfect man for you to see. An acupuncturist, his name is Dr Yang. | 我介绍你一个人 他的针灸很棒,他叫杨大夫 |
[06:38] | That’s funny. My trainer mentioned him this morning. | 真巧,我的教练 今天早上也提起他 |
[06:41] | He’s not just an acupuncturist. He’s a diagnostician. | 他不只是针灸师 也是个神奇的诊断医师 |
[06:44] | He gives these herbs. The man’s a genius. | 专用草药治疗,他用手把脉 |
[06:46] | He diagnoses you from your pulse. | 简直是天才 |
[06:49] | He took Jean Lewis’s pulse and told her she would develop an ulcer. | 他帮珍路易丝把脉 就说她会得溃疡 |
[06:52] | No Western doctor could find it. Six months later she fell over with pain. | 没有一个西医能够预测 六个月后 |
[06:57] | I heard Jean Lewis had a wattle-ectomy. | 她在百货公司病发了 我也听说她去割脖子上的赘肉 |
[06:59] | A good one. All that turkey-neck is gone. | 对,她早该去了 那个火鸡袋都割掉了 |
[07:02] | – Am I getting that? – Oh, no. | 我也有那个吗 没有 |
[07:04] | Don’t forget Dr Yang. His herbs are marvellous. | 那个杨大夫的草药真的很棒 |
[07:07] | They’re not chemicals. They’re all natural substances. | 没有化学药品,全是自然植物 |
[07:10] | Helen Dukes had vaginal tumours. Every Western doctor wanted to operate. | 杜海伦曾长阴道瘤 每个西医都说要开刀 |
[07:14] | She went on Dr Yang’s herbs, they went into remission. It’s been three years. | 但是她吃了杨大夫的草药后 便停止恶化至今已经三年了 |
[07:19] | – Gosh! – Don’t you have to be someplace, Alice? | 你不是要去那裡吗,艾莉丝 |
[07:22] | – I think, yes? – I do. I have to run. Yeah. | 对,我得走了 |
[08:22] | Ah, Mrs Tait! | 泰德太太 |
[08:24] | Kate and Dennis are doing great. | 凯蒂跟丹尼表现得很好 |
[08:27] | He’s integrating beautifully. I’m so pleased. Aren’t you? | 他跟其他同学相处得不错 我好高兴,你呢 |
[08:30] | You can really see it in his free-play period. | 你可以来看看他的自由活动 |
[08:33] | If you want, we can go talk for a few minutes about a kindergarten | 如果你愿意我们可以谈一下 |
[08:37] | that would give him the best chances of getting into an Ivy League college. | 如何让他进入常春藤学院 |
[08:55] | What have you been thinking all night? You seem so distant. | 你一整晚都在想什麽 |
[08:59] | Nothing. I keep getting these sharp pains in my back. | 一副心不在焉 没什麽,我的背越来越痛了 |
[09:03] | Oh, Lila called before. She said the name of that acupuncturist was Dr Yang. | 莱菈打电话来介绍一位杨大夫 |
[09:08] | Dr Yang? Really? That’s the third time today I’ve heard his name. | 杨大夫,真的吗 我今天第三次听到他的名字 |
[09:12] | You’re not gonna let someone stick needles into you? | 你不会让人用针扎你吧 |
[09:15] | – I think he mostly uses herbs. – Well, what you need is to take it easy. | 他大都是用草药 |
[09:19] | Don’t exercise so much. Have breakfast in bed. Watch “Good Morning America”. | 你需要放轻鬆,别做太多运动 |
[10:22] | Dr Yang, please. | 在床上吃早餐,看“早安,美国” 我找杨大夫 |
[10:29] | Please sit. | 请进 请坐 |
[10:56] | The doctor will see you now. | 大夫现在可以看你了 |
[11:12] | Come in! | 请进 |
[11:14] | Please sit down. | 请坐 |
[11:17] | Take coat off. | 请把外套脱掉 |
[11:26] | What is trouble? | 有什麽问题吗 |
[11:28] | I feel, erm… just achy and tired. My back, particularly. | 我觉得又酸又累 特别是我的背 |
[11:34] | I’ve been to a number of doctors and they can’t find anything wrong. | 我看了很多大夫 都查不出所以然来 |
[12:06] | Problem is not back. | 问题不在背,是这裡和这裡 |
[12:08] | Problem is here, here. | 真的吗,但是我的背 |
[12:11] | Really? Cos, you know, it feels like my back. My back stiffens sometimes so that I can hardly bend it. | 有时僵硬的弯不下去 |
[12:19] | Stop talking about back. Nothing wrong with back. | 别再谈背了,那裡没有问题 |
[12:24] | Well, do you think it could be that I’m exercising too strenuously? | 你想是不是运动过量 |
[12:28] | Maybe lifting the children wrongly? | 或是抱小孩的姿势不对 |
[12:33] | Gee, what is that? That’s the strangest-looking thing. | 那是什麽,好奇怪的东西 |
[12:39] | – Please stare at centre of wheel. – What are you trying to do with this? | 请凝视转轮的中央 你用这个干嘛 |
[12:43] | Please stare at centre and breathe deeply. | 凝视中央,深呼吸 |
[12:49] | Deeply. Very deeply. | 深呼吸,深深的深呼吸 |
[12:53] | If you’re trying to hypnotise me, Doctor, I hate to see you waste your time. | 如果你想要替我催眠 恐怕是无效 |
[12:58] | Please. Please, Mrs Tait. | 拜託…泰德太太 |
[13:00] | Rest eyes upon centre of vortex. | 眼睛看著漩涡 |
[13:03] | Yeah, but, see, the thing is, I’m a very poor subject. | 我不是一个好的实验品 |
[13:07] | Really. It’s been proven. A stage entertainer once tried, a very famous one. | 我有一次在舞台上试验 |
[13:11] | And I went right up on stage. | 我是自愿上去的 |
[13:14] | There were, I guess, about 12 volunteers. | 那次大约有12个人 |
[13:17] | I was the one who failed to go into a trance. | 我是唯一没有入睡的人 |
[13:20] | See the wheel spin. – I’m sure you know, Doctor – Concentrate. | 看著轮子转,专心 |
[13:25] | there are two categories of people, you know? I… | 大夫,世上分两种人… |
[13:32] | You know, not everyone can be hypnotised. | 并不是每个人都能被催眠 |
[13:40] | I fall into the, erm… | 我就不会… |
[13:51] | Now, tell me what you see. | 告诉我,你看到了什麽 |
[13:56] | – Penguins. – Penguins? | 企鹅 |
[13:59] | What about penguins? | 企鹅,牠们怎样了 |
[14:02] | They mate for life. | 牠们在交配 |
[14:05] | Yes? You think penguins are Catholic? | 你以为企鹅是天主教徒吗 |
[14:10] | The man he kisses me. | 吻我的那个男人 |
[14:14] | Who is man? | 哪个男人 |
[14:19] | I wanna know him better | 我想多了解他,但是我不敢 |
[14:22] | but I don’t dare. | |
[14:26] | Please explain. | 说清楚一点 |
[14:29] | My feelings are too scary. | 我太胆小了 |
[14:34] | I never had these feelings before. | 我从来没有这种感觉过 |
[14:37] | Never? | 从没吗 |
[14:41] | Oh… once. | 有一次,那是个年轻的男人 |
[14:44] | There was a young man once. | |
[14:47] | – Not husband? – No. | 不是你丈夫吗 不是 |
[14:51] | Feelings for my husband are different. | 我对我丈夫的感觉不同 |
[14:55] | What are deepest feelings for husband? | 对你先生是什麽样的感觉 |
[14:59] | I love him, but I… | 我爱他,但… |
[15:02] | But what, Mrs Tait? | 但是什麽,泰德太太 |
[15:05] | Please tell husband. Husband here in room. | 告诉你丈夫,他就在这裡 |
[15:09] | You see him? Tell him. But what, Mrs Tait? | 你看到他,告诉他 但是什麽,泰德太太 |
[15:15] | I’m the wife, you know, I take care of the kids, | 我是老婆,我照顾孩子们 |
[15:18] | I host the dinner parties, arrange the social schedule, | 负责晚宴招待,安排社交活动 |
[15:23] | try to look pretty so your friends can admire your taste. | 把自己打扮好 好让你的朋友羡慕你 |
[15:27] | I’ve become one of those women who shops all day and gets pedicures. | 成日逛街购物,修指甲 |
[15:32] | But I wanna be more. There’s more to me. | 但我要的不只这些 |
[15:34] | – You have children to raise. – I can still raise the children. | 你要养育孩子 我还是可以养育孩子 |
[15:39] | I wanna do something with my life before it’s too late. | 我要充实生命以免太晚了 |
[15:42] | – Do what? – I don’t know what. There’s lots I can do. | 你要做什麽 我不知道,我可以做很多事 |
[15:46] | Every time I ask you to be specific, you become tongue-tied. | 每次详细问你 |
[15:50] | I had a career. I gave up a career to marry you. | 你总是说不出所以然来 |
[15:53] | What career? You were a small-town girl with a Catholic school background… | 什麽事业,你是个小镇的女孩 天主教学校毕业… |
[15:57] | I was working! | 我本来有工作 |
[15:58] | You were struggling to break into the fashion industry. | 你没有人生经验 在努力挤进时装界时遇见了我 |
[16:01] | I was struggling because I was young. | 当时我还很年轻 |
[16:03] | You were so pretty. | 当时你好漂亮 |
[16:06] | And we went for a drive to that amusement park. | 我们开车到游乐园… |
[16:13] | – I can’t stay out too late. – Why not? | 我不能待太晚 为什麽 |
[16:16] | I have to help the costume designer shop in the morning. | 我明天还要到设计师室去帮忙 |
[16:19] | The show opens in six weeks. | 服装秀再六个星期就开始 |
[16:21] | – Is the costume designer your boyfriend? – No. I don’t exactly have a boyfriend. | 设计师是你的男朋友吗 |
[16:26] | If I did, I wouldn’t be here. | 我没有男朋友 否则不会来这裡了 |
[16:33] | You’re very beautiful. | 你很漂亮 |
[16:36] | – And you’re very rich. – No, I’m not, actually. | 你很有钱 |
[16:39] | My family is, but… I wanna make it on my own. | 我没有钱,都是我家的 |
[16:45] | – And I will. – I’m sure you will. | 我要自己赚,我会的 你一定会的 |
[16:51] | – And what are your plans? – Oh, definitely something in fashion. | 你有什麽计划吗 |
[16:56] | A designer for the theatre, or costume designing, just regular clothing designer. | 我想做跟时装有关的 |
[17:02] | I don’t know. It’s still just a dream. | 舞台设计师或服装设计师 |
[17:07] | And if I said marry me, and have my children | 我不知道 一切都还只是个梦想 |
[17:11] | and stay by my side, and be Mrs Douglas Tait? | 如果我说嫁给我,为我生小孩 留在我身边呢,做泰德太太 |
[17:16] | I’d say you were getting ahead of yourself. After all, we just met. | 我会说你决定得太匆促了 毕竟,我们才刚认识 |
[17:22] | But I’ll confess you’re very handsome. | 但我承认你很英俊 |
[17:35] | And now, Mrs Tait? | 现在呢,泰德太太 |
[17:39] | Now I spend hours | 我花尽心思想保持年轻 |
[17:44] | trying so hard to hold on to my youth. And he doesn’t notice. | 而他却不在意 |
[17:52] | – Mrs Tait angry. – I’m at a crossroads. | 泰德太太生气了 |
[17:58] | I’m lost. I’m lost. | 我在十字路上,我迷失了 |
[18:03] | Sleep. Sleep. | 睡 |
[18:06] | Deeper. Deeper. | 睡,深沉的睡… |
[18:11] | At the count of three, you will awaken and remember nothing. | 我数到三,你将醒来 什麽都不记得了 |
[18:16] | You will have no memories of these trance feelings. None. | 你将对昏睡一点记忆也没有 |
[18:21] | You will not be upset by them. | 不会感到生气 |
[18:25] | One: you are coming out. | 一,你将醒来 |
[18:29] | Two: you are nearly conscious. | 二,你有意识了,三… |
[18:32] | Three… | 或许我的背痛 |
[18:36] | Maybe I strained my back playing tennis, you know? | 是因为打网球时扭到了 |
[18:40] | My husband was trying to teach me, but I’m not athletic. | 我丈夫想要教我 |
[18:43] | Relax, Mrs Tait. Just relax. | 但我没有运动细胞 放轻鬆,泰德太太,放轻鬆 |
[18:47] | We will start the treatment with these herbs. | 我们先用这些草药治疗 |
[18:52] | What is schedule for today? | 你今天将要干嘛 |
[18:54] | Oh, well, I was gonna do a little shopping. | 先去买点东西,然后… |
[18:57] | And then I was going to, er… to, er… | |
[19:02] | Yes? | 然后呢 |
[19:04] | …to pick up my children at school. | 到学校去接我的孩子 |
[19:07] | Or maybe not. No, I think I’ll let the baby-sitter do that. | 或许不去了 我可以让褓母去接 |
[19:10] | Mrs Tait, Dr Yang would like you to go through day as planned. | 泰德太太 杨大夫要你照预定的去做 |
[19:17] | – Sudden changes too impulsive. – Really? | 突然改变不好 是吗 |
[19:20] | Mrs Tait should take lunch with no shellfish. | 你午餐时不要吃贝类的东西 |
[19:25] | Then, at 2:30, she will take herbs, yes? | 到两点半时吃草药,好吗 |
[19:29] | – 2:30. All right. – After, she can retrieve children. | 两点半,好 |
[19:33] | – But these are not dangerous, are they? – Very mild. | 之后,就去接小孩 |
[19:37] | Will take effect quickly. Will wear off quickly. | 这草药没问题吧 |
[19:41] | Mild. | 非常温和 药效很快就会挥发,很温和 |
[19:54] | Mrs Tait, you wanted some water. | 泰德太太,要喝水吗 |
[19:57] | Is it 2:30 already? | 两点半了吗 |
[19:59] | Just about. | 差不多了 |
[21:33] | Your eyes are really on fire. | 你的眼睛…在冒火 |
[21:43] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[21:47] | – Joe Rufallo. – Joe Rufallo-Tufallo. | 我叫乔洛佛尔 乔洛佛尔,好帅的名字 |
[21:54] | What do you do, Joe? | 你是干哪一行的,乔 |
[21:57] | Er… I’m a musician. | 我是…音乐师 |
[22:02] | Saxophone? | 吹萨克斯风的吗 |
[22:04] | How did you know? | 你怎麽知道 |
[22:06] | You look like you blow tenor to me. | 我看你像吹次中音的 |
[22:11] | Well, you hit it right on the head. | 你说的一点也没错 |
[22:15] | – Actually, I’m in rehearsal now. – Rehearsal? | 目前我正在排演 |
[22:18] | Yeah, for a tribute to Duke Ellington. | 排演 |
[22:22] | – The Duke? My favourite, Joe. – Is he? | 为了纪念艾灵顿公爵 |
[22:26] | Oh! So… | 公爵 我最喜欢他了,乔 |
[22:31] | What number reed do you use? | 真的吗 你吹第几簧管 |
[22:34] | – Reed? – Reed, Joe. | 簧管 |
[22:37] | – Between the lips. – Yeah, er… A three. | 对,簧管,在唇管间 |
[22:40] | – Do you play tenor? – No. | 对,第三,你也吹次中音吗 |
[22:42] | I just… love the sax. | 没有,我只是喜欢萨克斯风 |
[22:46] | Yeah. Well, it’s a great horn. | 对,那音乐很棒 |
[22:49] | – Oh, the best. – Yeah. | 最棒的 |
[22:52] | I’m fooling around a little with a soprano now, too. | 我曾吹过最高音 |
[22:56] | Really? Soprano? | 真的吗 |
[22:58] | – Uh-huh. – Joe. | 最高音吗 |
[23:01] | That’ll extend your range. You know that, don’t you? | 那扩展了你的能力,对不对 |
[23:04] | – Yeah. – So… | 告诉我,你太太也是音乐家吗 |
[23:08] | Tell me, Joe. | 我还没结婚 |
[23:10] | Your wife, a musician too? – Er… I’m not married. – Not married? | 还没结婚 |
[23:16] | – No. – Joe. | 没有 乔 |
[23:20] | And you love Edna Millay. | 你喜欢艾娜米雷吗 |
[23:24] | – Yeah… – Yeah. My favourite. | 我最喜欢的诗人 |
[23:26] | – I know that. – Yeah. | 我知道 |
[23:30] | So I was just thinking, | 我们可以找个时间谈谈她 |
[23:33] | we should get together and talk about her, don’t you think? | 你认为呢 |
[23:37] | – I think so. – Yes. | 我也有同感 |
[23:39] | When? | 何时呢 |
[23:42] | – When, Joe? – Tomorrow. Yeah. | 明天 |
[23:46] | What time? | 明天 什麽时间呢 |
[23:49] | You tell me. | 你决定吧 |
[23:51] | Three o’clock. Inside the penguin house. | 三点,在动物园的企鹅屋内 |
[23:55] | At the zoo. | 好… |
[23:58] | – Great. Great. – Super. | 一言为定 |
[24:02] | So, one last thing. | 还有,我记得我有一次听到 |
[24:05] | I remember the first time I heard Coltrane on soprano. | 柯崔吹最高音 |
[24:11] | Until then, it had just been tenor, of course, but… | 在那之前,他只吹次高音 |
[24:15] | It was such a moment, Joe. | 那一刻他开敝了我 |
[24:18] | Opened a whole new world of harmonics for me. | 全新的感官世界 |
[24:22] | – Really? – Really. | 真的吗 真的 |
[24:25] | I’ll leave you with that, Joe. | 你慢慢想吧 |
[24:28] | I’ll see you tomorrow at the zoo. | 我们明天动物园见 |
[24:35] | The penguin house! That’s what I said. | 企鹅园…我真的那样说吗 |
[24:38] | – In the zoo? – Yes. | 动物园吗 我想了一下 |
[24:40] | – You suggested this? – Yes. I couldn’t believe I said it. | 是你建议的吗 对,我不敢相信我说了 |
[24:43] | – I thought somebody else was talking. – That’s great. | 我觉得好像是别人在说话 我认为那很棒 |
[24:46] | The words were just coming out, I had no idea what I was saying. | 话就一直脱口而出 不知道为什麽,我摸不著头绪 |
[24:49] | I had no idea what anything even meant. I was talking about reeds. | 我谈到了簧管 簧管 |
[24:53] | – Coltrane. Who’s Coltrane? – What is that? | 柯崔 那是什麽 |
[24:55] | – That’s what I wanna know. – You probably read it. | 谁是柯崔,我也想知道 或许你读过 |
[24:58] | I was so forward, too. I can’t believe it. | 我不敢相信自己那麽大胆 |
[25:00] | Completely obnoxious. | 太可憎了 但是他有反应 |
[25:02] | Yes, but he was responsive. | 那感觉好像是著了魔似的 |
[25:05] | Yes, but I’m telling you, it was like I was possessed. | 真的 我说“开敝一个 |
[25:08] | Really. I’m saying, “A whole new world of harmonics opened up for me.” | 全新的感官世界” |
[25:12] | – Harmonics? – Harmonics. | 感官世界 我怎麽知道什麽叫感官世界 |
[25:13] | What do I know about harmonics? | 什麽是音乐 |
[25:16] | Well, is he nice? What did you find out about him? | 他如何 你知道有关于他的事吗 |
[25:18] | – Well, he’s not married. – Good. | 他还没结婚 很好 |
[25:21] | He’s in rehearsal at someplace called Park East. | 他在一个叫 |
[25:25] | – Uh-huh. – Sound East. | “东方公园”的地方排演 或“东方”什麽的 |
[25:27] | And he’s rehearsing something, kind of a Duke Ellington tribute. | 他在为纪念艾灵顿公爵 |
[25:31] | What have I done? I can’t meet a strange man at the zoo. | 排演什麽之类的 我在干嘛,我不能到动物园 |
[25:35] | – Why not? – I’m not like Jane. | 去见一个陌生人 有何不可 |
[25:37] | – I’m not looking for a roll in the hay. – What are you looking for? | 我不像珍,随便跟人上床 那你想干嘛 |
[25:40] | Listen, not a word of this. You mustn’t breathe a word. | 听著,你不能说出去 一个字也不行,答应我 |
[25:44] | – Of course not, I promise. – God, I have nothing to wear. – I’ve gotten so fat. This is not for me. – Oh, Mitzie. | 我保证 |
[25:51] | – Hi, darling. We did the best we could. – Thanks. Oh, hello, sweetie. Look at her. | 天啊,我好胖,什麽都穿不下了 |
[25:56] | Come on, honey. Let’s go home. I love how you made one purple ear and one green ear. | 亲爱的,我尽力了 |
[26:05] | – What colour are you gonna do the tail? – I don’t know. I guess red. | 谢谢,看看牠 |
[26:10] | – That would be a good idea. – I could make it orange. | 走,我们回家吧 |
[26:19] | – Hi. | – Hi. |
[26:21] | Nancy Brill has been made a big deal on a TV show. | 南茜布现在发达了 她在电视台当主管 |
[26:24] | She buys scripts now. I sent her flowers. | 负责採买剧本 我送了她花 |
[26:27] | I’m happy for her, cos she’s a friend, but I must admit I’m a little envious. | 并替这位朋友高兴 我承认我有点羡慕她 |
[26:31] | Oh, Alice, we discussed this. I thought we agreed. | 艾莉丝,我们以前讨论过 也有了共识 |
[26:35] | I know. How about if I took some kind of a course or a class or something? | 我知道,但是我去上 某些训练班之类的如何 |
[26:40] | – You mean in school? – Yeah. | 你是说上学吗 对 |
[26:42] | – Like what? – I don’t know. | 比如什麽呢 我不知道 |
[26:46] | Now I regret I never went to college. | 我现在很后悔那时没去上大学 |
[26:49] | At Sacred Heart I was good at English. | 在“圣心”时,我的英文很好 |
[26:53] | Oh, speaking of Sacred Heart, we’ve been invited to an evening next month | 谈到“圣心”… |
[26:58] | in honour of Mother Teresa. | 我们下个月受邀 去礼讚泰瑞莎修女 |
[27:00] | Really? Mother Teresa? You think she’ll be there in person? | 真的吗,泰瑞莎修女吗 |
[27:05] | I expect some of her cronies will show up. | 她本人会来吗 至少她的工作人员会到 |
[27:07] | I wanna bring the kids. I talk so much about Mother Teresa. | 我要带孩子们去 |
[27:11] | – I don’t know about that. – Mother Teresa! She’s my idol. | 我常跟他们提起她 |
[27:15] | We have to bring them. It’d be a great experience. | 泰瑞莎修女是我的偶像 带他们去会是一个很好的经验 |
[27:18] | – We’ll see. – Yeah. | 再说吧 |
[27:19] | Want a cracker? | 要不要吃脆饼 |
[28:15] | I can’t do it to my husband. | 我不能对不起我丈夫 |
[28:17] | All this talk last night of Mother Teresa just made me feel so guilty. | 我们昨晚谈到泰瑞莎修女 这让我有罪恶感 |
[28:22] | I believe in fidelity. It’s my upbringing. | 我信仰忠诚 |
[28:25] | I’m not gonna commit adultery. I just can’t do it. | 那是我的教养,我不能通姦 我就是做不下去 |
[28:30] | And who is this guy anyway, you know? Some horn player? A divorcé? | 况且那傢伙到底是谁 |
[28:35] | He’s a complete stranger. | 一个吹号角的离婚男子 一个完全的陌生人 |
[28:38] | I’ve been married 16 years, Dr Yang. | 我已经结婚16年了,杨大夫 |
[28:40] | I can’t just go out and commit adultery. | 我不能犯下通姦罪 |
[28:43] | Not that I’m so sure he even wants me, you know? I’m getting older. | 我甚至不确定 |
[28:47] | And what would happen if I fell in love with him? This is… | 他对我是否有意思 我年纪较大 |
[28:52] | – I’m just so mixed up. – Mrs Tait’s feelings in titanic conflict. | 万一我爱上他怎麽办 我…一团乱 |
[28:57] | But Dr Yang has prescription. | 你正陷入良知的衝突中 杨大夫自有妙方 |
[29:00] | Oh, you know, yesterday’s herbs made me feel a little strange. | 你昨天给我的草药 让我的举动有些异常 |
[29:05] | These herbs are different. Very valuable. | 这些草药不同 |
[29:09] | – Difficult to obtain. – Are all these completely safe? | 非常少有,得来不易 这个安全吗 |
[29:12] | Best way to get to know strange man is to observe. | 想要了解陌生人 最好的方法是去观察他 |
[29:16] | Yeah… | 是的,但是… |
[29:20] | It’s bitter. What will this do? | 有点苦,这有什麽效用 |
[29:22] | Enable Mrs Tait to observe without being observed. | 这可以让你隐身去观察别人 |
[29:28] | What… what is this? | 这是怎麽回事 |
[29:31] | – Where am I going? I can’t believe this. – Do not worry. | 我跑到哪儿去了,真不敢相信 |
[29:34] | – Invisibility will wear off shortly. – I’m invisible! | 别担心,隐形效力很快就消失 |
[29:38] | I’m completely gone. I don’t believe it! | 我不见了,我完全的消失了 |
[29:41] | I never saw anything like this in my life. Dr Yang, is this safe? | 真不敢相信,从没见过这种事 |
[29:44] | Mrs Tait knows where man can be found. | 杨大夫,这安全吗 |
[29:46] | It’s crazy! | 你知道可以在哪儿找到那男人 |
[29:48] | If she wants to learn more about him, she has chance. | 这太疯狂了 这可以让你有机会多多了解他 |
[30:09] | Joe, I have to go to Florida in a few weeks and I wanna take Shana with me. | 乔,我要去佛罗里达玩几星期 我想带珊娜一起去 |
[30:13] | Just for a week. I know it’s not our arrangement, but I think she’ll like it. | 只要一个星期 我知道这违反了我们的约定 |
[30:18] | – I can show her Disneyworld. – Sure. | 但是她一定会很喜欢的 我会带她到迪斯奈乐园 当然 |
[30:20] | – Thanks. I’ll make it up to you. – It’s OK. She’ll have fun. | 谢谢,我会补偿你的 不用了,让她去玩吧 |
[30:24] | I hope you’re not going with one of your more exotic escorts. | 希望你不是跟某个 外国护花使者一起去 |
[30:27] | Like who? | 像谁 像是威彼得 |
[30:29] | Like Peter Wilkes, who enjoys taking my daughter racing in his Ferrari. | 他热心的带我五岁大女儿 坐法拉利兜风聊天 |
[30:33] | – That was perfectly safe and she loved it. – But I didn’t. | 很安全,她很喜欢 但我不喜欢 |
[30:36] | – You introduced her to sports cars. – I feel better when I’m behind the wheel, | 是你先跟她谈外国跑车的 我宁可是我开车 |
[30:41] | not some advertising guy whose glasses have lenses like Coke bottles. | 而不是那个戴墨镜 拍广告的傢伙 |
[30:45] | Peter’s fine. He’s very paternal. | 彼得很好,他很有父爱 |
[30:48] | Now, listen, I wanna show you something. | 我让你看样东西 |
[30:51] | These are some graphics I’ve been working on for a couple of weeks. | 这是我过去几星期拍的动画片 |
[30:55] | I really trust your visual sense. I think they’re brilliant. | 我相信你的审美观 我觉得拍得很不错 |
[30:58] | – Everybody here’s a bit ambivalent. – Sexy stuff. | 这裡每个人都又爱又恨 很性感 |
[31:02] | – Yeah. – Like you. | 没错,但… 像你一样 |
[31:04] | Sort of European. We did it in Paris. | 这是欧洲人,在巴黎拍的 |
[31:06] | – Sort of kinky. – Kinky… | 有些古怪 古怪 |
[31:09] | I like that kinky stuff. | 我喜欢古怪的东西 |
[31:11] | Remember the times we used to lock that door and make love on that couch? | 记得那时候我们常把门锁上 然后在那张沙发上做爱吗 |
[31:15] | – Joe, that was a long time ago. – No, no. It was after we got divorced. | 乔,那是很久以前的事了 不… 我们刚离婚后也有过,记得吗 |
[31:20] | Nobody could fault you for your sex drive which is a 10 on the Richter scale. | 没有人怪你精力充沛 随时可举 |
[31:24] | Yeah, well, what did you fault me for? Because I don’t have a 180 IQ like you? | 那你怪我什麽 没像你的智商一样180吗 |
[31:29] | You lied a bit, you gambled. | 你撒谎,赌博 |
[31:31] | – You flirted with all my friends. – You know, you’re still very sexy. | 跟我所有的朋友调情 你还是那麽样的性感 |
[31:37] | Joe, don’t think I’m not tempted, you know, but I’ve got a busy schedule. | 乔,别诱惑我 别这样,薇姬,看在旧情份上 |
[31:42] | – For old times’ sake. – Oh, Joe. | |
[31:50] | Look, I don’t… | |
[31:52] | …think this is… | |
[31:54] | …what we should be doing. | |
[32:00] | Oh, Joe. | |
[32:04] | Oh, Joe. | |
[32:14] | Oh, Joe. | |
[32:22] | He’s got this ex-wife and they still have sex in the office | 他跟她离婚了 |
[32:26] | with people right in the next room. | 还在办公室裡做爱 隔壁还有人 |
[32:28] | And she’s a genius and I’m nothing. | 她是个天才 而我是无名小卒 |
[32:31] | OK. OK, OK. Alice, please don’t get so upset. | 好,艾莉丝…别生气了 |
[32:35] | Mm-hm. | |
[32:37] | How did you find out all this if you didn’t see him? | 如果你没见到他 你怎麽会知道这一切 |
[32:40] | Oh, you know, I have my ways. I’m glad I didn’t show up. | 我自有方法,幸好我没去赴约 |
[32:45] | I can’t decide if I should get a new Lincoln or try the Cadillac again. | 我不知道要换“林肯” |
[32:50] | What I’d really like is a Bentley. | 还是继续开“凯迪拉克” 其实我比较喜欢“班德利” |
[32:53] | You know, a vintage Rolls, or that old Phantom V. | 就是“劳斯莱斯” 或是那种“幽灵五号” |
[32:56] | But with the kids, I’d never be able to relax. | 但是我怕孩子坐起来不安全 |
[33:02] | – I wonder if I could write. – Huh? | 不知道我是否能成为作家 |
[33:05] | I was thinking, now that Nancy Brill buys scripts for TV, I have a good connection. | 南茜布既然在主管採买剧本 我就有了管道 |
[33:09] | She was always on the ball. Great head on that woman. | 她一向野心勃勃,精明干练 |
[33:13] | Let’s get up here, kids. Come on. Come on. I’m gonna get you! | 我捉到你了 |
[33:18] | – Do you know how high your IQ is? – Me? | 你的智商有多高呢 我吗 |
[33:22] | It’s high. It has to be. I just look around. | 一定很高,看看这一切 |
[33:27] | Do you think mine’s high? | 你觉得我的智商高吗 |
[33:29] | Sure. It’s average, slightly above. | 当然比一般的高 |
[33:33] | Sometimes I feel I could write, you know? | 我觉得自己能写作 |
[33:35] | Uh-huh. | |
[33:37] | Especially, you know, some old TV script. | 尤其是电视剧本 |
[33:41] | I’m as bright as Nancy Brill. | 我和南茜布一样聪明 |
[33:43] | – Well… – You don’t think? | 你不认为吗 |
[33:46] | Yeah, sure. I don’t know, you know? | 当然 |
[33:48] | You can’t just decide to be a writer and then write. | 但不是你想写就可以写的 |
[33:53] | – Why not? – You need background. | 为什麽 |
[33:56] | Well, I wrote when I was a kid. | 这需要经验的 |
[33:59] | I always loved poetry and drama. | 我小曾经写过 我喜欢诗跟戏剧 |
[34:03] | – You kids should be getting to bed. – Should I get them ready? | 孩子们该睡觉了 他们该上床了,我马上来 |
[34:07] | You get them ready. I’ll be in in two minutes. | 来吧,小鬼们 给我两分钟,我马上来 |
[34:09] | – Come on, kiddos. – Two minutes, I’ll be there. | 看谁先到浴室 你从不鼓励我 |
[34:11] | – Time to brush the teeth. – Good night, guys. | 我已经儘量在体贴你了 但你不能说要去当作家 南茜布就可以 |
[34:14] | Who’s | Who’s gonna get to the bathroom first? |
[34:18] | gonna get – You never encourage me, you know? – I’m trying to be sensible. | |
[34:24] | to the You can’t just say you’re gonna be a writer. | |
[34:26] | bathroom first? That’s all Nancy Brill did. | |
[34:28] | She was an assistant to somebody I introduced her to. | 她以前就是在当助理 还是我介绍她去的 |
[34:31] | And she decided she wanted to write, and now she buys scripts. | 那她决定想写作 |
[34:36] | What can I say? | 现在主管採买剧本 |
[34:38] | I’m trying to be practical. | 我能说什麽,你问我意见 |
[34:43] | Hello? | 我只是实话实说 |
[34:45] | Hello? I’m sorry to bother you. It’s Joe Rufallo. | 抱歉打扰你了,我是乔洛佛尔 |
[34:50] | I just wanted to make sure you were OK, or that I didn’t have the wrong day. | 我…是想知道你还好吗 还是我记错日子了 |
[34:56] | No, no. No, it was my fault. I’m sorry. | 不…是我的错,抱歉 |
[35:01] | I, er… | 我发生了点事 |
[35:03] | Something came up, and I didn’t have your phone number. | 而且我没有你的电话号码 |
[35:09] | No, I don’t think so, no. No, I don’t think that’s such a good idea. | 我想那样不太好 |
[35:16] | Oh. I… No, I understand. | 我了解 |
[35:23] | Sure. ‘Alice… | 当然 |
[35:36] | ‘Alice. | 艾莉丝,艾莉丝 |
[35:44] | ‘Alice.’ | 艾莉丝 |
[36:08] | Mrs Tait believes in ghosts. | 你相信鬼吗 |
[36:10] | – I don’t know. I guess. What do I know? – Don’t all Catholics? | 我不知道 大概吧,谁知道呢 |
[36:16] | Ghosts! Catholics believe in ghosts. | 天主教徒不都是如此吗 |
[36:22] | In times of great stress, sometimes ghost appears. | 你们相信鬼 压力大时鬼就会出现 |
[36:26] | What will these herbs do? Nothing too radical, I hope? | 这些草药是干什麽用的 不会很激烈吧 |
[36:30] | You think these things could be bad for my system? | 这些东西 对我的身体有没有坏处 |
[36:33] | These herbs not to eat. | 这些草药不是吃的 |
[36:36] | Not…? Well, what then? | 那要干嘛用 |
[36:38] | Wait until midnight, then burn these herbs in teacup. | 到半夜时把草药倒入茶杯烧掉 |
[36:42] | – Burn them in a teacup? – You do have teacup? | 倒入茶杯烧掉 |
[36:46] | Yes, yes. | 你有茶杯吧 是,我有 |
[36:47] | Meanwhile, you are going to pick up children from school? | 你要到学校去接小孩吗 没有 |
[36:51] | No, I was gonna have the baby-sitter do it. I have another appointment. | 我叫褓母去接了 我另外还有约会 |
[37:01] | – It’s good to see you. – You, too. | 我真高兴见到你 我也是 |
[37:03] | – How’s Doug? – He’s fine. I’m so happy for you, Nancy. | 道格好吗 他很好,我真替你高兴 |
[37:07] | – Thank you. – This is great. | 谢谢 |
[37:10] | – I got your flowers. – Oh, good. | 我收到你的花了 太好了 |
[37:12] | – Very sweet of you. – It was nothing. | 你真好 那没什麽 |
[37:14] | Just a few months ago, we were walking on the beach in Southampton. | 记得几个月前 我们还在汉普敦的海滩上散步 |
[37:17] | You were daydreaming about moving up. And look, here you are, a big shot. | 你正梦想著要如何发展事业 |
[37:21] | Well… | 看,现在你已经是个大人物了 |
[37:25] | Tell him I’ll be in later. | 我马上来 |
[37:27] | I’m so jammed. Meetings with writers, lunch at NBC, and screenings till eight. | 天啊,我好忙哦 整个早上都在见编剧 中午到NBC看片子 要看到晚上八点 |
[37:33] | – Goodness. – Anyhow, Alice, what can I do for you? | 艾莉丝,我能为你做什麽吗 |
[37:36] | OK. Well, over the years, certain ideas have occurred to me. | 过去几年,我脑中有些想法 |
[37:40] | I’ve always felt, if they were written up, they might make good shows, or a series. | 如果写下来也许能做个好节目 |
[37:45] | – Uh-huh. – I wanted to get your opinion on the plot. | 比如连续剧之类的 关于情节我想听你的意见 |
[37:49] | And if you think it’s something for your show, I’d like to write it. | 如果合适的话,我想写 |
[37:53] | – You write? – I wrote a little when I was young. | 你想写 我年轻时曾写过 |
[37:57] | – Nothing major, obviously. – You kept it a secret if you wrote. | 虽然不是什麽佳作 |
[38:02] | Well, I’d like to try. I’d like to try. | 你真会保密 我很想试试 |
[38:04] | – I did work on some shows years ago. – Wasn’t that in the costume department? | 几年前我也参与过一些节目 你不是在服装公司吗 |
[38:09] | Yeah, but, you know, at least I did have some contact with the theatre. | 对,但至少也是跟戏剧有关 |
[38:14] | Uh-huh. So what’s your idea? Because the truth is, I’m backed up today. | 那你的构想是什麽 |
[38:20] | Oh, OK. Well, it’s about two sisters who were very close as kids. | 我没有什麽时间了 |
[38:25] | And now that they’re adults, they’ve grown apart. | 是关于两个姊妹小很亲密 但长大后却各奔东西 |
[38:29] | – Like you and your sister. – Me? | 就像你跟你姊姊吗 我 |
[38:33] | Aren’t you and Dorothy polite but not so friendly? | 对,你跟桃乐丝 不是处得不太好吗 |
[38:36] | Well, gee, I never even thought of that. | 天啊,我没想到那裡去 |
[38:39] | Let me stop you. We want blood-and-guts stuff, not so subtle. | 我直说好了 我们要的是暴力跟煽情 |
[38:43] | Oh, well. I have another about a young girl who wanted to be a nun. | 不要那麽複杂的 我另外还有个是关于 一个女孩想当修女的故事 |
[38:48] | No nuns. They want sexy, unscrupulous, rich, melodramatic, but no nuns. | 那也不好 上头要的是有关于性 |
[38:53] | Listen, anything like that occurs to you, we’ll talk. | 狂妄富豪的通俗题材 这样吧,等你有这方面的题材 我们再来谈 |
[38:57] | Give me a jingle and we’ll go to Le Cirque. | 打电话给我 我们到来来饭店聊 |
[38:59] | OK. All right. Well, thank you. | 好,谢谢你 |
[39:09] | – Is something burning in there? – No. No, it’s OK. | 有东西烧起来了吗 没有… 没有关係 |
[39:15] | – Come to sleep! – Yeah. Soon. | 快来睡吧 |
[40:01] | – ‘Alice…’ – Who’s that? | 好,马上来 艾莉丝 |
[40:07] | Who’s there? Who is it? | 谁在那裡 谁在那裡,是谁 |
[40:10] | ‘Don’t you remember?’ | 你不记得了吗 |
[40:13] | Oh! That voice… | 是谁,这声音… |
[40:17] | ‘Alice. | 艾莉丝强森 |
[40:20] | ‘Alice Jansen.’ | 艾迪,是你吗 |
[40:22] | Eddie? Is it Eddie? ‘Hi, sweetheart.’ | 是的 |
[40:29] | Is it you? | 是你吗 |
[40:31] | ‘God, you’re even more beautiful now.’ | 天啊,你更漂亮了 |
[40:36] | ‘It’s been almost 20 years. | 快二十年了 |
[40:38] | ‘Tell me I don’t look so bad, considering I’m dead.’ | 虽然我死了 |
[40:41] | No. Considering you’re dead, you look great. | 但我看起来还好吧 对死者而言,你看来还可以 |
[40:45] | ‘See? Even if you had married me, you’d have still been a widow.’ | 你看,就算你当时嫁给我 现在你就会变成寡妇了 |
[40:49] | Oh, Eddie, I felt terrible when I heard about the crash. | 艾迪,当我听到你出车祸时 我难过极了 |
[40:52] | But I wasn’t surprised. I always said you drove recklessly. | 但我并不惊讶 |
[40:56] | ‘Ah! | 我常听说你开车粗心大意 |
[40:58] | ‘You thought I did everything recklessly, including making love.’ | 你认为我做任何事都粗心 包括做爱 |
[41:03] | Eddie… there were times when I had real guilt feelings. | 艾迪 |
[41:09] | ‘Oh, hey. I’m a big boy. | 曾有一段时间我感到罪恶 |
[41:12] | ‘I’d been turned down before. Not that I wasn’t saddened. | 我是个大男孩 也曾被拒绝,失恋过 |
[41:16] | ‘But, I’ll tell you, that car crash was a total accident. | 那次车祸真的是意外 |
[41:19] | ‘Boom! Not for a second did I see that moving van.’ | 我当时并没有看到那辆货车 |
[41:25] | I thought of you the other day. | 有一天我突然想起你 |
[41:27] | I met an interesting man who kind of reminded me of you. | 那天遇到一个男人 那使我想起你 |
[41:31] | ‘Oh, no. Do I sense trouble in paradise?’ | 你的婚姻出问题了吗 |
[41:35] | No, no, no. Everything’s fine here. I’m very happy. | 没有…一切都很好,我很幸福 |
[41:39] | ‘So tell me all about this guy who reminds you of me.’ | 谈谈那个让你想起我的男人 |
[41:43] | Well, he’s like you. He’s irresponsible and temperamental. | 他跟你一样,不负责任 |
[41:48] | – ‘Yeah.’ – But he… | 性情不定 |
[41:50] | He’s cute, you know? | 但是…很可爱 |
[41:54] | “”Thou shalt not commit adultery.” That’s not my line. I read it.’ | “千万别犯通姦罪”不是我说的 |
[41:58] | I’m not. I just met him. | 是某本书上写的 我没有,我只是遇见了他 |
[42:01] | ‘A Steuben glass hippo. | “都本”水晶河马 |
[42:04] | ‘I always wondered who bought those things. | 谁会买这些东西 |
[42:09] | ‘God, it’s so good to see you, Alice. | 天啊,见到你真好 |
[42:12] | – ‘Whatever happened to your career?’ – Oh, I don’t know. | 你的事业做得如何了 我…不知道 |
[42:18] | Now I was thinking I’d like to write. You think I have that in me? | 目前我想写作 你想我有那个能力吗 |
[42:23] | – Who are you talking to? – Oh, I was… | 你在跟谁说话 我… |
[42:28] | I just saw you sitting there having a conversation. | 我刚看你坐在这裡自言自语 |
[42:30] | – I was probably just thinking out loud. – At this hour? | 我…只是在想一些事情 在这个 |
[42:34] | – ‘Bottoms and no top. I coulda called it.’ – Quiet! | 马马虎虎,我早就知道了 你还好吧 |
[42:37] | – Are you OK? – I’m fine. I just had this idea for a story. | 我很好,我只是在想剧本 并在表演其中一个角色 |
[42:41] | So I guess I was acting out all the parts. | 艾莉丝,这太疯狂了 对,太疯狂了 |
[42:44] | – Alice, that’s crazy. – It’s crazy. | 我要去睡觉了 我也是 |
[42:47] | I’m gonna get some sleep. I’m gonna go to bed. | 我明天会很忙 晚上会晚点回来 |
[42:49] | Me too. I got a long day. I’m gonna be home late. It’s my backgammon night. | 今晚要玩双陆棋 你今晚要去玩双陆棋吗 |
[42:53] | – Is tonight backgammon? – Sweetheart? | 亲爱的 什麽事 |
[42:56] | – Will you try to relax? – I will. I’ll try. | 你放轻鬆好吗 我会的 |
[42:58] | – You’ve been awful tense lately. – Have I been tense? | 你最近一直很紧张 |
[43:01] | ‘I know how to relax you, Alice. | 我有很紧张吗 |
[43:03] | ‘I know all the good spots and there are plenty of ’em.’ | 我能舒解你的,艾莉丝 我了解你所有的性感带 |
[43:27] | See, there he is, right there. I’d love to know what you think of him. | 他就在那裡 我想要知道你的看法 |
[43:31] | ‘After all these years, now she wants my opinion?’ | 经过了这麽多年 她总算想听我的意见了 |
[43:39] | – Hi. | – Hi. |
[43:41] | I, erm… I’m sorry if I bothered you by calling you at home. | 很抱歉打电话打扰到你了 |
[43:44] | – I was concerned. – No, I’m… It’s fine. | 我很在意 |
[43:48] | I must’ve seemed a little abrupt. I was having a conversation with my husband. | 没关係,只是有点突然 那时我正在跟我丈夫说话… |
[43:53] | It’s OK. I understand. | 没关係,我了解 |
[43:56] | I was disappointed when you didn’t show up at the zoo. | 你没来,我很失望 |
[44:00] | They have this very beautiful white bear I wanted to show you. | 我本来想带你去看美丽的白熊 |
[44:04] | With these great ice-blue eyes the exact colour of yours. | 牠们的蓝眼睛就像你的一样 |
[44:09] | ‘Now that is a good line. | 说的真好 |
[44:12] | ‘When was the last time your husband used a line like that?’ | 你丈夫最后一次讚美你 |
[44:15] | – Well, I… – ‘Give him some encouragement.’ | 是什麽 鼓励他一下 |
[44:18] | Well, I… I’m… I’m sorry I didn’t make it. | 很抱歉我没去 |
[44:24] | I would like a rain check. | 或许下次还有机会 大苹果马戏团要来演出 |
[44:26] | Well, the Big Apple Circus is in town. | 我明天要带我女儿去看 |
[44:29] | I’m gonna take my daughter tomorrow. Come and bring your kids. | 何不一起带你的孩子来 他们一定会很高兴 |
[44:33] | – I’m sure they’ll love it. – Oh, I think I… | 我明天晚上有约会… |
[44:36] | ‘Come on, you can’t go to hell for taking your kids to the circus!’ | 别这样,带孩子去看马戏团 又不会怎麽样 |
[44:40] | But I guess I could shift things around. | 我…可以改变行程 |
[44:43] | Great. I’ll look forward to it. | 太好了,我很期待 |
[44:48] | Come on, you guys, go to sleep. I read you three stories already. | 好了,快睡 |
[44:52] | Katie, you stay in bed now. Good night. | 我已经读三篇故事了,睡吧 |
[44:55] | See you in the morning. Good night. | 晚安,明天见 |
[45:02] | Good night, now. | 快睡,做好梦 |
[45:04] | Stay in bed. | |
[45:06] | Sweet dreams. | |
[45:21] | What am I doing? | 我在干嘛 |
[45:23] | ‘You gotta see this thing through to find out who he is, to find out who you are.’ | 我认为你想多了解他 并且了解自己 |
[45:29] | What am I getting myself into? | 我到底是怎麽回事 |
[45:32] | ‘Alice, cheer up. | 艾莉丝,开心点 |
[45:35] | ‘You know, I’m not gonna be around this place for very much longer. | 我在世间不能待太久 |
[45:40] | ‘Whaddya say, we go out and have one last good time?’ | 我们出去玩最后一次如何 |
[45:43] | I can’t. | 不行 |
[45:44] | ‘He’s playing backgammon tonight. I was there when he said so. | 他今晚要去玩双陆棋 我听到了 |
[45:48] | ‘Let the nanny take care of the kids and we’ll go to the Moonlight Casino.’ | 让褓母照顾孩子们 我们到月光酒店去 |
[45:53] | The Moonlight Casino burned down ten years ago. | 十年前月光酒店就被烧掉了 |
[45:56] | – ‘Get your coat, Alice.’ – Anyway, it’s way out at the beach. | 去拿外套,艾莉丝 那在近海滩处 |
[46:01] | ‘Get your coat and meet me on the terrace.’ | 去拿外套,在阳台与我碰面 |
[46:08] | Mrs Tait? | 泰德太太 |
[46:09] | Mrs Tait, are you gonna need me for about an hour? | 泰德太太,你要出去吗 |
[46:13] | Mrs Tait? | 泰德太太,你出去了吗 |
[46:16] | Mrs Tait, did you go out? Mrs Tait? | 泰德太太 |
[47:02] | ‘Remember that night, our last night together? | 还记得我们在一起的 最后那晚吗 |
[47:06] | ‘You told me it was all over.’ | 你告诉我一切都结束了 |
[47:08] | I was just a kid. | 当时我只是个小孩 |
[47:10] | The thought of life with you seemed scary. | 我没有胆子跟你在一起 |
[47:15] | ‘You do have some regrets?’ | 你现在后悔了吗 |
[47:18] | I don’t know… | 我不知道 |
[47:21] | ‘Would you do it all the same way if you had a second chance?’ | 如果再来一次 你还是会拒绝吗 |
[47:26] | I don’t know… | 我不知道 |
[47:28] | ‘That’s why it’s important that you find out how you feel about Joe.’ | 所以釐清你对乔的感觉很重要 |
[47:34] | I think of you often. | 我常想念你 |
[47:39] | ‘Sweetheart, I’m home. I sold a picture!’ | 甜心,我回来了 |
[47:42] | ‘That’s great. Which one?’ | 我卖了一张画 真的,太棒了,哪一张 |
[47:45] | – ‘The nude of you.’ – ‘Oh, really?’ | 你的裸体画 真的吗 |
[47:48] | ‘Stop looking so grim. You’re beautiful without clothes.’ | 别不高兴,你没穿衣服时很美 |
[47:54] | ‘How many women have you made love to?’ | 你和多少女人上过床 |
[47:57] | ‘Enough. | 够多了 |
[47:58] | ‘But you’re the only one who ever seriously thought of being a nun.’ | 但是你是唯一想当修女的 |
[48:03] | ‘Oh, I can’t help it!’ | 我忍不住,我从没煮过鸭子 |
[48:05] | ‘I never cooked a duck before.’ ‘The whole place is black with smoke!’ | 当时整个房子都在冒烟 |
[48:09] | ‘I’m so sorry.’ | 我很抱歉 |
[48:11] | ‘You know, I really love you.’ | 我真的很爱你 |
[48:16] | ‘You didn’t have to insult my mother!’ | 你不该对我妈无礼 |
[48:18] | ‘She was a third-rate actress, | 她只是一个三流的演员 |
[48:20] | ‘and she should keep her infantile ideas on politics to herself!’ | 不该幼稚的大谈政治 |
[48:23] | ‘She could’ve been a big star. | 她很聪明,有可能成为大明星 |
[48:26] | ‘And she’s smart. And she was right not to understand your paintings. | 不了解你的画并没有错 |
[48:30] | ‘And she was right about you being a communist.’ | 她认为你是共产党并没有错 |
[48:38] | ‘Let’s have a child. Even if you don’t wanna get married.’ | 我们生个小孩吧 即使你不想结婚 |
[48:41] | ‘Yeah, what would we live on? You can’t pay your bills now. | 那我们要靠什麽过活 你现在一毛钱也没有 |
[48:46] | – ‘Kiss me.’ – ‘I’m getting paint all over my dress.’ | 吻我 |
[48:50] | ‘Shh…’ | 天啊,我的衣服都沾满了颜料 |
[48:58] | What’s wrong? | 怎麽了 |
[49:02] | I feel funny. | 我觉得好笑 |
[49:08] | I feel very, very strange. | 觉得非常奇怪 |
[49:13] | My God! | 我的天啊 |
[49:17] | It’s the oddest sensation. I feel like I’m fading. | 又是那种感觉,我在消失中 |
[49:23] | I am fading. | 我在消失中 |
[49:27] | It’s happening. Here it goes. | 发生了,真的 |
[49:35] | It was great seeing you again. | 能够再见到你,真好 |
[49:40] | You’re still wonderful. | 你仍是那样的美好 |
[50:02] | Did you get a prize? | 找到玩具了吗 |
[50:06] | – So how’s the rehearsal coming? – Oh, fine. | 你的排演进行得如何了 |
[50:09] | – Great arrangement on “The Mooche”. – “The Mooche”? | 很好,我们在练“徬徨” “徬徨” |
[50:13] | – “Mooche,” the Ellington number. – Oh. “The Mooche.” Yes. | 是艾灵顿写的 对… |
[50:17] | I figured you’d know it. You seem so knowledgeable about jazz. | 我以为你都知道 因为你是那麽的了解爵士乐 |
[50:22] | I’m not really, but I’d like to learn. | 并不尽然,我还需要多学习 |
[50:45] | So you’re nothing really like you were the other day. | 你跟那天完全不一样 |
[50:50] | You were coming on so strong. | 那天你如此主动诱人 |
[50:53] | I know. I was just… I was so obnoxious. I’m so embarrassed. I… | 那天我太放荡了,真不好意思 |
[51:00] | I guess it was to counteract my shyness or something. I don’t know. | 可能是我太害羞的反射动作吧 |
[51:05] | So this is me. Do you feel… Are you disappointed? | 这才是我 |
[51:10] | – No, no. – No? | 你很失望吗 不会 |
[51:12] | – Actually, you scared me a little. – Really? | 事实上,当时你吓了我一跳 |
[51:14] | No, well… But I sensed it wasn’t you. | 真的吗 |
[51:18] | Yeah. | 但是我感觉那不是你 |
[51:20] | Look, can I ask you a question? | 我能问你一件事吗 |
[51:24] | Sure. | 当然 |
[51:26] | What? Are you happily married? Or is that tactless? | 你的婚姻幸不幸福 |
[51:30] | No. Yes. Yes, I… Gosh, I’ve been married almost 16 years now. 16 years. | 幸福,我已经结婚16年了,16年 |
[51:39] | Oh. Well, that that’s great. | 太好了 |
[51:41] | Yeah. | |
[51:44] | No, really, erm… | 幸福的婚姻很难得 |
[51:46] | – A good marriage, it’s a rare thing. – Yeah. | 是的 |
[51:52] | Why did you get divorced? | 你为何离婚呢 |
[51:56] | Well, my wife and I, we were both too opinionated. | 我跟我的前妻观念不合 |
[51:59] | She’s very brilliant. | 她很聪明 |
[52:02] | Uh-huh. And attractive? | 而且迷人 |
[52:07] | Yes. | 是的 |
[52:09] | – And very sexy. – Uh-huh. | 非常性感 |
[52:13] | And when you’re with her, do you… | 当你跟她在一起时还有性衝动 |
[52:18] | Do you still have the urge to be with her? | |
[52:24] | – No. – No? | 不会 不会吗 |
[52:27] | No? You never have the urge to, er… to grab her? | 假设你们在办公室时… |
[52:32] | Like, you know, if the two of you are in her office or something? | 你会不会想要抱她 |
[52:37] | Or, I don’t know, you know, just throw her down on the couch or something? | 或是把她压在沙发上 |
[52:42] | For old times’ sake? Er… | 因为旧情的缘故 |
[52:52] | God, you are interesting. | 天啊,你真有趣 |
[53:54] | Here’s the story: a woman who’s never done a dishonest thing in her life | 有个女人一辈子循规蹈矩 |
[53:58] | finds herself falling into a love affair with a musician. | 后来却爱上一个音乐家 |
[54:02] | – It’s a little vague, Alice. – Well… Really? You think? | 太空洞了,艾莉丝 |
[54:05] | Look, be honest. What do you know about that kind of woman? | 你这麽认为吗 |
[54:09] | – Well, I… – Who’s the woman? | 你对那类的女人了解多少 那女人是谁 |
[54:12] | Who’s the man? Who’s the poor husband? | 那男人是谁 那个可怜的丈夫又是谁 |
[54:15] | Where does it go? What makes it interesting? | 情节要如何发展,又有何意义 |
[54:19] | Is it lurid? Is it sexual? Perverse? | 它的涵意是凄凉的 |
[54:22] | Is she a whore? | 性感的或是畸恋 她是个荡妇吗 |
[54:26] | What’s the matter? You look pale. | 怎麽了,你的脸色好苍白 |
[54:29] | I know I can write. I’m just blocked, you know? | 我知道自己能写作 只是一时间没有灵感 |
[54:34] | You just need to relax and not press. | 你需要放鬆,去除压力 |
[54:37] | If there’s something inside you, it’ll come out. | 如果有天赋自然就会有所表现 |
[54:39] | Yeah. Yeah, I know you’re right. | 你说的对… |
[54:41] | – It’s not so… – It’s like me. | 就像我 |
[54:43] | – I wanted to be a classical musician. – Yeah? | 我一直想当古典音乐家 |
[54:46] | But it wasn’t in me. So I make my living doing studio work. | 但是没有天赋 |
[54:51] | Shows, commercials. | 所以只好靠伴乐为生 表演会,商业音乐 |
[54:53] | But I do have a pretty good feel for jazz. | 但我对爵士乐有专长 |
[54:56] | And is that where you… where you met your wife? | 你是在做商业音乐时 |
[54:59] | – In commercials? – Yeah, exactly. | 认识了你太太吗 没错 |
[55:02] | We were doing a spot for some detergent. | 当时我们在做 |
[55:05] | – Detergent! – It was love at first sight. | 清洁剂的广告音乐 我们一见锺情 |
[55:08] | Christ, within half an hour, we were making love in the ladies’ room. | 天啊,半个小时后 |
[55:13] | – Oh, excuse me. – No, that’s fine. | 我们便在女休息室裡做爱 对不起 |
[55:16] | You have a very charming way of telling things. | 没关係 |
[55:22] | Listen, do you think you can get away tomorrow evening? | 你说话的方式很迷人 你明天晚上有空吗 |
[55:26] | An evening? | 明晚吗 |
[55:28] | A friend of mine is making a record. It might be fun for you to hear him. | 我的一个朋友要灌唱片 也许你会有兴趣去听 |
[55:32] | – He’s a terrific cellist. – Well, an evening… | 他是一个很棒的大提琴家 晚上 |
[55:37] | Well, tomorrow evening is Doug’s backgammon night, so… | 明天晚上道格要玩双陆棋 |
[55:41] | – What time would this be? – Eight, eight-thirty. | 你说是什麽 |
[55:44] | – Eight? – Yeah. If you like… | 八点半 |
[55:47] | Well, I can meet you. How about in front of the school? | 八点半 |
[55:51] | In front of the school… An evening… | 如果你愿意去 |
[55:55] | Yeah, I guess I could do that. | 我在学校门口前等你 |
[55:57] | That sounds like fun. | 学校门口前 |
[55:59] | OK. OK. It’s a deal. | 我想大概可以,好像很有趣 我们就这麽说定了 |
[56:08] | Lou Gimbel’s wife has been on at him about her working too. | 陆金宝他太太 也在跟他闹著想要去工作 |
[56:12] | So, finally, he rented a store on Lexington Avenue, | 他只好在莱森堡大道 |
[56:16] | and he’s gonna bankroll her and she’s opening a boutique. | 租一家店面让她管理 |
[56:20] | – Oh, really? – Or a sweater shop. | 她在卖流行服饰 真的吗 |
[56:23] | And I thought to myself, that’s something. | 我想或许你可以去帮她的忙 |
[56:26] | Possibly, on a part-time basis, you could help out. You have a nice personality and you know sweaters. | 你为人很亲切而且很懂服饰 |
[56:34] | It’s not really what I had in mind, you know. | 我不想做那种事 |
[56:37] | Well, think about it. | 考虑一下 |
[56:41] | Gosh. Shouldn’t you be getting ready for your backgammon game? | 你不是该去玩双陆棋了吗 |
[56:46] | – I should. – Yeah. | 没错 |
[56:48] | – Have fun tonight. Have a good time. – I won’t be too late. | 祝你玩得愉快 我不会太晚回来的 |
[56:52] | – What are you gonna do? – I don’t know. The usual, nothing much. | 那你要做什麽 跟平常一样,没干嘛 |
[56:56] | Gee, it’s after 7.30. Gosh. You don’t wanna be late. | 七点半了,你会迟到的 |
[57:01] | – I’m not gonna be late. – I’ll probably just watch TV. | 我不会迟到 我或许看看电视什麽的 |
[57:04] | – Mr Tait, telephone. – OK, Hilda. Thank you. | 泰德先生,电话 谢谢 |
[57:08] | That was a good dinner. | 这顿晚餐很棒 |
[58:06] | My game was called off. | 我们取消了 |
[58:08] | – What? – Yeah. Ken is sick. | 什麽 肯生病了 |
[58:11] | He’s sick? Isn’t there anyone else you can play with? | 他生病了,不是还有别人吗 |
[58:14] | Jay’s stuck in Boston. His flight was cancelled. | 杰还在波士顿,班机取消了 |
[58:17] | Oh… | |
[58:42] | – Doug? – Yeah? | 道格 |
[58:44] | I’m gonna go out for a little while, OK? | 什麽事 我要出去一下,好吗 |
[58:48] | – Where? – I was just talking to my sister. | 去哪裡 我刚跟我姊姊谈过 |
[58:51] | – She wants to see me. She’s upset. – Dorothy? She’s upset? What about? | 她心情不好想见我 桃乐丝吗 |
[58:56] | Oh, you know. You remember we had that little problem a while ago. | 是的 心情不好,怎麽了 |
[59:01] | She feels bad, so I’m just gonna go over there. | 前一阵子我们处得不愉快 她很难过,所以我想过去一趟 |
[59:04] | – What does she want? – I don’t know. To talk. | 她想干嘛 我也不知道 |
[59:07] | – Do you have to go now? – Yeah. Yeah. | 或许只是找我谈谈 你一定要出去吗 |
[59:09] | – Can’t you talk about it on the phone? – You know Dorothy, she’s a lawyer. | 难道不能用电话谈就好了吗 你知道桃乐丝的,她是律师 |
[59:13] | They love to have meetings. So I’m just gonna go. I’ll see you soon. | 喜欢见面谈,我只好过去 好吧 回头见 |
[59:18] | Yeah. Be sure the doorman gets you a cab each way, OK? | 叫门房帮你叫辆计程车 |
[59:21] | – OK. No problem. – Don’t be too late. | 好,没问题 |
[59:23] | – OK. – I worry about you. | 别太晚回来了,我会担心的 |
[59:37] | George, could you get me a cab, please? OK. | 乔治,请帮我叫辆计程车 |
[59:40] | I’m gonna leave this bag here. I’ll pick it up on my way back. | 我的袋子先放在这裡 我回来时再拿 |
[1:00:08] | – Hi. | – Hi. |
[1:00:10] | I was gonna go. I thought you weren’t coming. | 我以为你不会来了,我正想走 |
[1:00:13] | – Maybe I shouldn’t have. – What’s the matter? | 或许我不该来 怎麽了 |
[1:00:22] | I can’t do this, OK? I just can’t do this. I can’t lie like this. | 我不能这样做,我不该撒谎 |
[1:00:28] | Look, I… I didn’t mean to put you in such a tough position. | 我不是故意让你难堪 |
[1:00:32] | Well, you did put me in a tough position! | 你的确让我难堪 |
[1:00:35] | – You know? – Gee… | 你总是以魅力引诱我 |
[1:00:37] | – You always turn on the charm with me. – Alice… | 我不能这麽做 |
[1:00:40] | I can’t do this. | 我不是故意给你找麻烦 |
[1:00:45] | – I didn’t mean to cause trouble for you. – I have a trusting husband. | 我有个忠诚的丈夫 |
[1:00:49] | I found myself looking him right in the eye and making up this stupid story. Well… | 我却对他撒谎 |
[1:00:57] | Maybe what you’re upset about is… | 你之所以生气或许是因为 |
[1:01:00] | …the discovery that you’re capable of doing it. | 自己真的这麽做了 |
[1:01:04] | Hey, look, don’t try to psychoanalyse me. | 别分析我,我生气是因为 |
[1:01:07] | I’m upset because I did a lousy thing. | 我干了这种差劲事 |
[1:01:14] | Should I take you home? | 要我送你回家吗 |
[1:01:16] | – No, that’s OK. I’ll get a cab. – No, Alice, I’ll take you home. | 不用了,我自己叫计程车 |
[1:01:20] | – Listen, Alice, it’s raining out. I’ll… – That’s OK. | 艾莉丝,我送你回去 外面下雨… |
[1:01:51] | Excuse me? | 对不起 |
[1:01:55] | Dr Yang? | 杨大夫 |
[1:02:02] | Dr Yang? | 杨大夫 |
[1:02:10] | It’s Alice Tait, Dr Yang. | 我是艾莉丝泰德,杨大夫 |
[1:02:21] | Dr Yang? It’s Alice Tait. | 杨大夫,我是艾莉丝泰德 |
[1:02:36] | – Mrs Tait. Come in. – But I didn’t realise… | 泰德太太,请进 |
[1:02:40] | – I can come back another time if… – Is all right. | 我…可以改天再来 没关係… |
[1:02:42] | I heard your house and your office were the same. I thought I might find you. | 原来你的家也是办公室 |
[1:02:47] | – Mrs Tait seems tense. – Yes, I am. I am a bit tense. | 我不知道… 泰德太太,你似乎很紧张 |
[1:02:51] | What I need is a tranquilliser. I was hoping you could give me something. | 我需要镇定剂 希望你能帮我开个处方什麽的 |
[1:02:55] | I don’t believe in putting foreign substances into my body, so… | 我不相信什麽外国秘方… 请试试 |
[1:03:00] | – No, thank you. I don’t smoke. – Please. Is natural substance. | 谢谢,我不抽菸… |
[1:03:04] | Of course, I did smoke when I was young. | 试试,它是自然的东西 |
[1:03:06] | Filtered, cork-tipped, mentholated cigarettes only. | 我年轻时抽过菸,但是… 我抽有滤嘴的凉菸 |
[1:03:10] | Please. Mrs Tait among friends. | 看在朋友的份上,请试试 |
[1:03:13] | Yeah… Please. | 请试试 |
[1:03:22] | It’s harsh. | 好呛 |
[1:03:26] | I can’t stay too long. I’m supposed to be visiting my sister. | 我不能待太久 我得去见我姊姊 |
[1:03:29] | – A-ha! Intrigue? – No, no, you know. I just… | 是有关姦情吗 不,我只是… |
[1:03:41] | It’s a dumb lie, because my sister and I aren’t close at all. | 我跟我姊姊根本不怎麽亲近 我撒谎 |
[1:03:45] | I’d like to be. She and her husband moved here recently from Philadelphia. | 虽然我很想改善 |
[1:03:50] | She’s a very fine attorney. | 她跟她丈夫最近从费城搬来 |
[1:03:53] | Would you mind holding that a little closer, please? | 她是个很好的律师 |
[1:04:04] | Oh, this is relaxing. | 你能拿近一点吗 |
[1:04:07] | Oh, I… I was very surly with a gentleman friend earlier, you know. | 这样轻鬆多了 早年我对男士都板著面孔 |
[1:04:12] | I behaved like a real bitch. Excuse my French. | 像个坏女人 原谅我的法文 |
[1:04:15] | Mrs Tait feel more calm? | 泰德太太,你觉得好多了吗 |
[1:04:19] | As a matter of fact, I do. I do. | 没错… |
[1:04:22] | This is… Everything seems to be floating. | 一切好像都在飘浮 |
[1:04:33] | I think I’ll just lie down for a moment, if you don’t mind. | 如果你不介意,我想躺一下 |
[1:05:28] | Gee, Dorothy, what happened to our house? | 天啊 |
[1:05:32] | It’s so run-down. | 桃乐丝,我们的家怎麽了 |
[1:05:34] | I understand you used me as an alibi tonight to get out of the house. | 好破旧 我知道你今晚 |
[1:05:39] | What went wrong? We used to be so close. | 假借我的名义出来 怎麽了,我们以前很亲近的 |
[1:05:43] | – We chose different paths. – Yeah. And you think mine is trivial. | 我们选择不同的路 你认为我的不值一提吗 |
[1:05:48] | Anybody who spends that much on stuffed animals for their children… | 谁会用那麽一大笔钱 为孩子们买玩具动物 |
[1:05:52] | I know how you feel. You made it very clear last time. | 我了解你的感受 |
[1:05:55] | People are starving and you fill the nursery with every conceivable toy. | 你上次已经说过了 艾莉丝,有人正在飢饿 |
[1:06:00] | Isn’t there any way that you could respect me? | 你却恣意的买各种玩具 |
[1:06:02] | You’re just like Mom. | 我没有任何值得你尊敬的吗 你跟妈一样 |
[1:06:05] | Yeah. You know, I’ve been thinking about Mom and Dad a lot lately. | 对,最近我常想念妈和爸 |
[1:06:11] | Remember how Dad used to cut our birthday cakes with his sword? | 记得爸用那支剑 来切我们的生日蛋糕吗 |
[1:06:14] | – You bought all that junk? – He was a naval hero! | 你喜欢那一套吗 他是个海军英雄 |
[1:06:18] | Come on. He was a bore and Mom was a drunk. | 算了,他是个很无聊的人 而妈是个酒鬼 |
[1:06:20] | Come on. Don’t say that. | 别那样说 |
[1:06:23] | So, who are you cheating with? | 你在跟谁通姦 |
[1:06:25] | I’m not cheating. Not physically. | 我没有 |
[1:06:28] | You know, not yet, anyway. | 我是说在肉体上还没有 |
[1:06:30] | You probably still believe what the nuns told us at Sacred Heart. | 你还相信“圣心”的修女们 教我们的那一套吗 |
[1:06:34] | My days as a Catholic ended when I was about 16. | 我天主教徒的身份 在16岁那年就已经结束了 |
[1:06:38] | My days as a Catholic ended when Mom found my diaphragm. | 我天主教徒的身份是在 妈发现我的避孕器时结束的 |
[1:06:42] | But the music was beautiful, wasn’t it? And the rituals. | 但是那些仪式和音乐 都很美,不是吗 |
[1:06:47] | Go on, have one more confession. It’s free. | 去告解吧,儘管去 |
[1:07:10] | My sister’s been right about so many things. | 我姊姊说的很多事都没错 |
[1:07:14] | I am too much like Mom. | 我太像我妈了 |
[1:07:17] | Sometimes I think I’m not raising my children with the right values. | 有时候我觉得 自己教导孩子们的价值观不对 |
[1:07:22] | That I’m spoiling them. | 我会宠坏他们 |
[1:07:24] | Not exposing them to the things that matter most. | 我没有教导他们最重要的事 |
[1:07:29] | When I was young, I wanted to be a saint. | 我年轻时曾想当个圣人 |
[1:07:32] | ‘I used to pray with my arms outstretched because it was more painful | 我常张开两臂祷告 因为那样比较痛苦 |
[1:07:37] | ‘and I could feel closer to God. | 我感觉跟主比较接近 |
[1:07:41] | ‘I wanted to spend my life helping people, | 我曾想一辈子帮助别人 |
[1:07:44] | ‘taking care of the sick and the old people. | 照顾病人与老人 |
[1:07:48] | ‘I was never happier than when I got a chance to help out that way. | 在帮助人时我感到莫大的愉悦 |
[1:07:54] | ‘What happened? Where did that part of me go?’ | 怎麽回事 |
[1:08:01] | And now, even my marriage. | 那种心境到哪儿去了 |
[1:08:04] | I’m so mixed up about it. | 现在,我对自己的婚姻 亦感到迷惑 |
[1:08:07] | And I feel guilty about Joe. God, I’m exhausted. | 对于乔,我有罪恶感 |
[1:08:15] | – You have curls. – I only have one. You have so many. You know, I’m crazy about these. These are just absolutely… | 天啊,我好疲惫 |
[1:08:23] | – Oh, Alice. Hi. – Hi. | 艾莉丝 你好吗,这是琼安,这是金莉 |
[1:08:26] | – This is Joanne, this is Kimberly. – Hi. | 金莉 回头见 |
[1:08:29] | See you later. How are Dennis and Kate doing? Have they adjusted? | 凯蒂跟丹尼在学校好吗 他们很好 |
[1:08:32] | – They’re doing real well. – I am having terrible problems with Perry. | 我的彼瑞还是有问题 每一次我一出家门他就哭 |
[1:08:36] | Every time I leave the house, he cries. Especially if “Sesame Street” isn’t on. | 特别是“芝麻街”没在播的时候 我想他需要一段时间来适应 |
[1:08:40] | – He needs more sessions on the couch. – That could be. | 应该的 你说要打电话跟我谈 |
[1:08:42] | You were gonna call me about Jessica’s birthday party. | 有关洁西卡生日的事 抱歉,他们会很乐意参加 |
[1:08:45] | – Of course they’ll come. – They’ll have a magician. I have an idea. | 会有魔术表演,一定会很好玩 好像真的不错 |
[1:08:49] | I want Kate to have a play-date next weekend with Perry in Southampton. | 我有个好主意 我让凯蒂和彼瑞 下星期到海滩去玩 |
[1:08:53] | I’ll have my chauffeur pick them up directly from school. | 我叫司机去接他们 直接从学校过去 |
[1:08:56] | – Gee, can I call you about that? – Please. They’re looking forward to it. | 我再打电话给你 谈谈这个,好吗 |
[1:09:00] | – Hi. How are you? – Great. | 拜託,他们很想去… 你好 |
[1:09:03] | Perry would like to invite Shana to the movies in his dad’s screening room. | 彼瑞想邀珊娜这个週末去看 “小美人鱼”的电影 |
[1:09:06] | – They’re showing “The Little Mermaid”. – Sure. | 可以吗 当然 |
[1:09:09] | He’s really sorry for the last time. He didn’t mean to vomit on her collage. | 他上次已经错过 |
[1:09:13] | – I’ve gotta run. Call me. – I’ll call you. | 他不是故意呕吐在她身上的 |
[1:09:16] | Bye-bye. | 我得走了,打给我 我会打给你 |
[1:09:19] | Listen, I’m really sorry about last night. | 再见 再见 |
[1:09:22] | No, no, it’s OK. Can we talk in private for a minute? | 昨天晚上我真的很抱歉 没关係 |
[1:09:25] | Yeah. | 我们能私下谈谈吗 好… |
[1:09:29] | I was thinking, maybe I should just back off for a little while. | 我在想…或许我该避一阵子 |
[1:09:34] | – Really? – Well… | 真的吗 |
[1:09:37] | – I can’t bear to be the source of trouble. – Oh, no. It’s not you at all. | 我不想让你困扰 |
[1:09:41] | No, it’s me. It’s just who I am, who I’ve been. | 不是你的问题,是我 我不知道自己是谁 |
[1:09:46] | I’m just trying to figure out who that is. | 做过什麽事 |
[1:09:49] | That’s why I don’t wanna be an obstacle. | 我只想知道我是谁 所以我不想成为你的绊脚石 |
[1:09:52] | Really? So you think… you think we shouldn’t meet any more? | 真的吗 |
[1:09:57] | Maybe it’s for the best. | 你认为我们不该再见面了吗 或许那样比较好 |
[1:10:00] | Gee, I was gonna take you to a neat restaurant for lunch tomorrow. | 我本来明天想要带你去一家 很好的餐厅 |
[1:10:04] | – You were? – Not if… not if… | 是吗 如果你说… |
[1:10:15] | Listen, we better get the kids. | 我们还是去接孩子吧 |
[1:10:22] | – Hi. Hi. – Alice, hi. God. Come on in. | 天啊,快进来 我没有打扰到你吧 |
[1:10:24] | – I didn’t get you away from anything? – I was working on a brief, but… | 我正在写东西,但我很欢迎… 真的吗 |
[1:10:28] | – I’m so happy to be taken away from it. – I was a couple of blocks away. | 我到这附近来,所以过来一下 放下那东西 |
[1:10:32] | Dorothy, I just wanted to tell you that I feel bad about this. | 桃乐丝,我觉得… |
[1:10:37] | I’ve been thinking about it and I’m sorry. | 我觉得对我们之间的事很难过 我一直挥不去,抱歉 |
[1:10:40] | Oh, honey, I know. | 我知道,我是姊姊 |
[1:10:42] | Listen, I’m the big sister. I should be kind, and I’m sorry. | 我应该体谅你,抱歉 |
[1:10:46] | – Do you want some tea? – Erm… No. | 你要喝茶吗 |
[1:10:50] | I didn’t handle it well. I really apologise. | 不用了,谢谢 我太衝了,我道歉 |
[1:10:53] | – Who am I to be judgmental of your life? – Listen, be quiet for just a second. | 不,你说的对 我没有资格批评你的生活 |
[1:10:57] | I was… I was wrong. You know, I was… | 听我说,我是错了 我不该那样买东西给小孩 |
[1:11:01] | There’s something disgusting about all the stuff I buy the kids and I buy myself. | 我自己也太奢侈了 你说的很对 |
[1:11:07] | – All of that. So you were right. – But it’s your life, you know? Who am I? | 那是你的生活 我没有权利干涉 |
[1:11:11] | You’re my sister, and I care about what you think. | 不,你是我姊姊 我在乎你的想法 |
[1:11:14] | – Yeah? – And I miss being closer, you know? | 我很想念那段 我们很亲密的日子 |
[1:11:18] | When you guys moved to the city, I was hoping that would happen. | 当你们搬来这裡时 |
[1:11:22] | I was hoping that too, you know? | 我希望能再像以前一样 |
[1:11:24] | I’m sorry, but I was really surprised to see how you’ve changed. | 我也是,我真惊讶看到你改变 |
[1:11:29] | – I didn’t know how to handle it. – You knew Doug was very wealthy. | 我简直不能适应 |
[1:11:32] | Yeah, of course I knew that, but when I walked in, you know… | 道格非常有钱 我们的生活相当… |
[1:11:36] | Oh, God, your closet. Clothes and a hundred shoes and all that stuff. | 我知道,天啊,看看那个衣橱 好几百套的衣服和鞋子 |
[1:11:42] | – It was hard for me, I’m sorry. – Yeah. | 我真难想像… |
[1:11:44] | You know, you’re just very… | 天啊,你变得好多 |
[1:11:46] | You’re different. You have different ideas than you did when we were kids. | 跟你小时候的想法完全不同 |
[1:11:50] | I know that. I know that. I know that, you’re right. | 我知道…你说的对 |
[1:11:54] | But don’t you think I wanna be close? | 难道我不想和你亲近吗 |
[1:11:58] | I do. | 我想 |
[1:12:02] | God. | |
[1:12:44] | It’s about her working in Calcutta. It’s just so incredibly tragic there. | 她在加尔各答服务 |
[1:12:50] | All these bigwigs are sitting there with tears running down their faces. | 那儿的人在受苦受难 |
[1:12:54] | It was just incredibly moving. She was just so simple and unassuming. | 而这儿的人只会坐著掉眼泪 我深受感动 |
[1:13:00] | You know? It was amazing. I was… I was weeping. | 她是那麽的简朴无私 很感人,我在流泪 |
[1:13:04] | The kids were cute though. Dennis, I think, was just thrilled to be up so late. | 那些孩子们真的很可爱 丹尼斯早上不该起得那麽晚 |
[1:13:08] | But I really think Katie had a feel for what was going on. | 但是凯蒂有一些体会 |
[1:13:12] | – Why are you so nervous? – I’m not. Why do you say nervous? | 你为何那麽紧张 紧张,我没有紧张,为何这样说 |
[1:13:16] | You haven’t stopped talking. I’ve heard this three times. | 你不停的说话 这件事我已经听了三遍 |
[1:13:19] | Really, three times? This is a big step for me. | 真的三遍了吗 我对我来说是一大突破 |
[1:13:21] | I just feel… Shouldn’t it happen more gradually or something? | 我在想是不是应该慢慢来 |
[1:13:26] | – It hasn’t exactly been rushed. – Rushed? I don’t know. | 本来就不急 |
[1:13:30] | It feels rushed. It feels rushed. I’ve been married now 15 years. | 我不知道,好像太快了… |
[1:13:34] | Probably I’m just out of practice. | 我结婚15年了 大概太久没有练习… |
[1:13:36] | It’s not like juggling. You don’t have to practise. | 这不是变戏法,不需要练习 |
[1:13:38] | Doug and I do have sex, but not the way we used to. | 我跟道格虽然有性生活 |
[1:13:43] | Which is probably my fault. Somewhere along the line I just lost interest. | 但不像以前那样 可能是我的错,我没什麽兴趣 |
[1:13:47] | Then he seemed to. But probably because I did. | 我不知道是怎麽回事 他好像也是如此 |
[1:13:51] | But I don’t know why I did. Anyway, we rarely seem to do it. | 或许是因为我没兴趣 所以我们很少做 |
[1:13:54] | – Maybe he lost interest first. – Shh. Shh. | 或许是他先没有兴趣的 我不确定… |
[1:13:57] | – What? – Relax. | 什麽 |
[1:13:59] | What’s relaxed? It’s not even dark. God, I prefer it when it’s dark. | 放轻鬆 天还没黑,我比较喜欢暗暗的 |
[1:14:03] | – Then you can’t see anything. – See? | 那样什麽也看不见了 |
[1:14:06] | I am going to be going on a diet. | 我需要减肥 |
[1:14:16] | Was I terrible? | 我很糟吗 |
[1:14:18] | You were the best. | 你是最棒的 |
[1:14:29] | Was I OK? | 我还可以吗 |
[1:14:31] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:14:41] | Dialogue in fiction has two functions. | 编写的对白有两种意义 |
[1:14:44] | In the novel, to be read to oneself as voices in the mind. | 在小说方面是激起心灵的迴响 |
[1:14:50] | And in scripts and in plays, to be read out loud. | 在戏剧方面 是要被大声的唸出来 |
[1:14:55] | So that what we’re really talking about here is | 在这裡我们谈到 |
[1:14:58] | the two aspects of the consciousness of words. | 文字的两种意识 |
[1:15:02] | Internal and meditative in the novel, | 小说是内在与省思的 |
[1:15:07] | and external and expressive in the drama and in film. | 戏剧是外在与表现的 |
[1:15:15] | Creative energy all comes from nerve in back of neck. | 创造力全是来自背脊神经 |
[1:15:21] | Mrs Tait has trouble writing, because nerve is pinched. | 泰德太太,你的神经太紧绷了 |
[1:15:25] | Now, circulation very, very low. | 所以才没有灵感 |
[1:15:29] | Must drink lots of Dr Yang’s special herbal tea. | 你血液的速度非常慢 |
[1:15:32] | Creative spirit will come. | 所以必须喝杨大夫的特殊药茶 |
[1:15:35] | Drink tea next time Mrs Tait sits down to write. | 创造力就会滚滚而来 喝完药就坐下来写作 |
[1:16:17] | – Who are you? – I’m your muse. | 你是谁 我是你的灵感之神 |
[1:16:19] | My muse? | 我的灵感之神 |
[1:16:21] | Yeah. You look surprised. I’m your muse. I’m here to help you. | 你为何要讶异 我是你的灵感之神 |
[1:16:24] | – You’re having trouble writing. – I am having trouble, as a matter of fact. | 真的吗 你写不出来,我来帮助你 |
[1:16:29] | I feel I should be able to handle some silly little TV script. | 我的确写不出来 我以为写那种蠢电视剧 是轻而易举的 |
[1:16:32] | – Well, writing’s hard. – Especially with a friend buying. | 写作并不简单 特别是我的朋友在採买剧本 |
[1:16:35] | – You don’t think Nancy’s a friend? – Sure. We go back years. | 你不会把南茜布当做朋友吧 当然是,我们有多年的交情了 |
[1:16:39] | I introduced her to her boss and the man she lives with. | 她的老闆和男朋友 都是我介绍的 |
[1:16:42] | You’re not psychological at all. How can you be a writer? | 你不懂得如何透视人心 你又要如何当作家 |
[1:16:45] | – What do you mean? – What do I mean? | 什麽意思,那是什麽意思 |
[1:16:47] | What I mean is, don’t ever count on Nancy Brill. | 别指望南茜布 |
[1:16:50] | – She’s not gonna give you a break. – No. | 她不会助你一臂之力的 |
[1:16:52] | You represent where she pulled herself out of. | 你就代表她的出身地 那正是她极欲挣脱的 |
[1:16:55] | – She’s passed you. – Nancy? | 她超越你了 兰希吗 |
[1:16:57] | Haven’t you noticed she keeps checking her watch when she talks to you? | 你在跟她讲时没有发觉到 |
[1:17:01] | – It can’t be. I introduced her to… – I know, to her lover and her boss. | 她一直在看錶吗 不会的,我介绍她认识… |
[1:17:05] | More reason to give you the brush. | 我知道,她爱人跟上司 那使她更想摆脱你 |
[1:17:07] | People that made it don’t wanna know people from the past. | 人们总想抛弃过去 |
[1:17:10] | – What are you trying to write? – That’s a script. | 你想写些什麽 我…我正在上编剧班 |
[1:17:13] | – I’m also taking a course. – Well, that’s technique. | 那是技术性的 |
[1:17:17] | The important part can’t be taught: Inspiration. That’s where I come in. | 最重要的是灵感学不来 所以我才会来 |
[1:17:21] | I think the professor thinks I have some promise. | 灵感…教授说我有慧根 |
[1:17:24] | – He’s very encouraging. – I know Professor Davis. | 对我来说是种鼓舞 我知道那个大卫教授 |
[1:17:27] | – He’s trying to get you into the sack. – No. | 他想把你弄上床 |
[1:17:29] | It’s the reason he teaches. Female pupils. | 不会吧 所以他只教女性学员 |
[1:17:31] | No. He’s very deep. He’s not like that. | 不会的,他很有深度 他不是那样的 |
[1:17:35] | Yeah. Very deep is exactly where he wants to put it. | 他是想深入女性的身体 |
[1:17:38] | – Now, what about your mother? – What, Mom? | 你妈如何呢 我妈 |
[1:17:40] | Yeah, your mother. | 对,你妈 |
[1:17:42] | She was a movie actress for a while. Her story might make a good plot. | 她曾是电影明星 可以以她写一个好故事 |
[1:17:45] | She was just in the movies for a very, very short time. | 她当电影明星的时间很短暂 |
[1:17:48] | And she never made it. Losers are much more interesting. | 所以她没成名,是个失败者 我妈不是失败者 |
[1:17:52] | – Mom’s not a loser. – Look how defensive you are. | 看你的自我保护心态 那是一个好故事 |
[1:17:55] | It’s a good story. I know you idolised her, but be realistic. This is important. | 我知道你崇拜你母亲 但是你必须现实点,这很重要 |
[1:18:00] | She was in the movies. She made two or three movies, and then she met Dad. | 她拍过两,三部电影 |
[1:18:04] | And Dad persuaded her to retire. | 之后就遇到了我爸 我爸说服她退休 |
[1:18:09] | No, Alice, I was never more than a pretty face. | 不,艾莉丝 我只是有张漂亮的脸孔 |
[1:18:13] | And when it began to wrinkle, the studio stopped calling. | 当它出现了皱纹 |
[1:18:18] | No, there was much more to you than your looks. | 就不会再有通告 不,你除了脸孔还有其他的 |
[1:18:21] | – You could’ve done more with your life. – You flatter me. | 你可以发挥更大的生命力 你太恭维我了 |
[1:18:25] | After the studio didn’t want me, I was lucky your father came along. | 在电影公司不要我后 |
[1:18:30] | I was so used to having someone look after me. | 我很幸运,你爸出现了 我已经习惯有人照顾我 |
[1:18:34] | I would’ve killed myself if it wasn’t for him. | 如果不是他,我早就自杀了 |
[1:18:38] | That’s why it’s so important to marry a substantial man, | 这就是为什麽 要嫁给实在男人的重要性 |
[1:18:43] | not some struggling left-wing artist in Greenwich Village. | 而不是要嫁给一个 格林威治村的左派艺术家 |
[1:18:47] | But then when Dad died, you drank yourself to death with margaritas. | 但爸死后,你就沉迷在酒裡 |
[1:18:52] | I couldn’t help it, darling. | 因为我受不了 |
[1:18:55] | You know I could never resist the taste of salt around the rim of a glass. | 你知道我抵抗不了酒的诱惑 |
[1:19:02] | Oh, Mom. | 妈,你真的很迷人 |
[1:19:04] | You were so charming. But so misguided. | 却又如此的让人迷惑 |
[1:19:10] | Why didn’t I see it? | 为何我没有看过清楚你 |
[1:19:13] | When it came to me and your dad, you had stars in your eyes. | 当我跟你爸在热恋时 |
[1:19:19] | Can’t say the same for your sister. | 眼前只有花前月下 |
[1:19:32] | Gee, this wine is really great. | 但你姊姊就不同 |
[1:19:35] | Well, it’s Chambertin 1961. | 天啊,这酒真好喝 |
[1:19:38] | Mm. You know so much about wine, too. | 这是千伯丁1961年份的 你也对酒如此了解 |
[1:19:41] | I know nothing. | 我不了解,我只是点最贵的 |
[1:19:43] | I ordered the most expensive one and figured it must be the best. | 我想这应该是最好的 |
[1:19:49] | These past few weeks have been really fun for me. | 过去几个星期,我觉得很快乐 |
[1:19:53] | You were so relaxed this morning, back at my place. | 今又早上你在我那裡时 |
[1:19:56] | Very uninhibited. Nothing sexier than a lapsed Catholic. | 显得很自在 |
[1:20:01] | Yeah. I have something I wanna share with you. | 当我们回到我的住处时 |
[1:20:05] | I must be drunk, or I wouldn’t be doing this. | 只会想到做爱的事 我有样东西要跟你分享 |
[1:20:07] | Drugs? Am I seeing correctly? | 我必须喝酒壮胆,不然我不敢 是药吗,我没看错吧 |
[1:20:10] | I gotta take these with water. You can’t take it with wine. | 不,我必须配水服下,不能配酒 |
[1:20:15] | These are not drugs. These are herbs. They’re very rare. You can’t get any more. | 这不是药,是草药 非常罕有,你弄不到的 |
[1:20:21] | – What kind of herbs? – They make you invisible. | 什麽样的草药 它可使人隐形 |
[1:20:24] | You’re right. You are a little drunk. | 你说的对,你醉了 |
[1:20:33] | Oh… Oh, my God. | 我的天啊 |
[1:20:37] | Oh, my God! | 我的天啊 |
[1:20:40] | Alice? Where the hell are you? | 艾莉丝,你在哪裡 |
[1:20:43] | – I’m here. I’m right in front of you. – Alice, this isn’t funny! | 我就在你面前 这真好玩 |
[1:20:47] | See? | 你看 |
[1:20:49] | Oh, my God! I’ve got goose bumps on my goose bumps. | 天啊,我在起鸡皮疙瘩了 |
[1:20:53] | Come on. Have a sip. | 来,喝一口 |
[1:20:59] | – What is this? – Go on. I don’t know. Just come on. | 这是什麽 |
[1:21:02] | Take some. | 我不知道,来,喝一口 |
[1:21:04] | – What will it do? I’m a father. – Look, trust me. | 它会怎样,我是个父亲 相信我 |
[1:21:17] | – I don’t feel any different. – Wait a second. | 没什麽不一样 等一下… |
[1:21:21] | – Do you see anything? – Just give it a minute. | 你看到什麽了吗 等一分钟 |
[1:21:24] | Oh. Oh, my God. | 我的天啊 |
[1:21:26] | Oh, my God! I can’t believe this. | 我的天啊 |
[1:21:30] | – Isn’t it great? – I can’t… Where did you get this? | 我不敢相信,我真不敢相信 |
[1:21:33] | Do you wanna go for a walk or something, just for fun? | 你从哪儿弄来的 要不要出去玩一玩 |
[1:21:45] | Jeez! Nothing shocks New York cab drivers. | 纽约的司机真是见怪不怪 |
[1:21:49] | – Feeling more comfortable now? – Yeah. I feel great. | 你觉得自在些没有 我觉得很棒 |
[1:21:53] | – Isn’t this a different way to spend a day? – It’s like a dream come true. | 这样渡过一个下午 是不是很特殊 |
[1:21:57] | How many times I wished for this! Especially when I lived next to the YWCA. | 特殊,好像美梦成真一样 我期待这种事好久了 特别当我住在女青年会隔壁时 |
[1:22:01] | Here we are, strolling on Madison Avenue, and no one can see us! | 我们在麦迪森大道逛街 没人看得见我们 |
[1:22:05] | – Come here. Give me a kiss. – Joe, not here. | 来,亲一下 不要在这裡 |
[1:22:07] | What’s the difference? We’re invisible. | 有什麽关係,没人看见 |
[1:22:09] | Let’s make love against this mailbox. | 来,我们在邮筒旁做爱 |
[1:22:11] | – Stop it! – Come on, come on. | 来嘛… |
[1:22:13] | There’s Nina and Jane Taylor. | 等等,那是莉娜跟珍泰勒 |
[1:22:16] | I’ll bet anything they’re going into Ralph Lauren’s. I have to follow them. | 我打赌她们要进去“洛芙罗兰” |
[1:22:20] | This is so wicked. I just I’m dying to eavesdrop. | 我去跟踪她们,好刺激邪恶 |
[1:22:24] | Oh, I’ll definitely go straight to hell. | 我好想偷听她们在说什麽 |
[1:22:26] | Come on. If you want to, do it. You only live once. | 否则我会受不了的 |
[1:22:34] | Ooh, look at this. | 想做就去做,人只活一次 |
[1:22:38] | – Ooh, this is pretty. – Don’t do that. You’ll cause a riot. | 这件好漂亮 别这样,会引起暴动的 |
[1:22:42] | There they are! | 她们在那裡 |
[1:22:44] | I feel like a monster, taking advantage like this. | 我喜欢自己佔优势 |
[1:22:47] | Oh, my God! | 我的天啊 |
[1:22:49] | That that’s that famous model. I’ve seen her. | 她是有名的模特儿 |
[1:22:52] | She’s been in a million magazines. | 我看过她,她上过好多杂志 |
[1:22:55] | Look at that body! I can’t believe it. | 看那个身材,我真不敢相信 |
[1:22:59] | – Calm yourself. – Is she goin’ in the changing room? | 冷静一点 |
[1:23:01] | – I don’t know. – Change clothes? | 你想她会进更衣室换衣服吗 |
[1:23:04] | Go ahead. Enjoy yourself, OK? I’m gonna go check out Jane and Nina. | 去享受一番吧 我要去偷听珍跟莉娜说话 |
[1:23:18] | I find it hard to believe myself, but it’s true, she’s having an affair. | 我不敢相信,但那是真的 她有外遇了 |
[1:23:23] | Alice Tait? Our Alice Tait? | 艾莉丝泰德… |
[1:23:25] | Miss Prissy Catholic-School Mother Superior? | 那个“圣女贞德”吗 |
[1:23:28] | I ran into her the other day. She was buying some classical records. | 那天我遇到她 她正在买古典唱片 |
[1:23:32] | He’s a sax player. She turned beet red. | 对方是个萨克斯风乐手 她的脸好红 |
[1:23:35] | It adds up, because Anny Phyfe said she saw her with a man, not her husband, | 那就对了,安妮说 看到她跟一个男人在一起 |
[1:23:40] | at the Whitney, and she was blissful. | 不是她丈夫,当时她好快乐 我喜欢那条裤子 |
[1:23:43] | I love these pants. Can you picture her sleeping with another man? | 你能够想像 她跟别的男人睡觉吗 |
[1:23:47] | I’m sure all the lights are out. | 我猜灯是都关掉了 |
[1:23:50] | It was bound to happen. Doug has been such a run-around for years. | 反正这事迟早会发生的 道格风流了那麽多年 |
[1:23:53] | You say that, but I don’t know anyone who’s had an affair with him. | 我懂你的意思 但我不知道谁跟他有一手 |
[1:23:57] | He’s careful, but I’ve heard the stories. He’s a good-looking, rich, athletic man. | 他很小心,但我听说有不少 |
[1:24:03] | You think he’s gonna be satisfied with Miss Mouse? | 他既帅又有钱又强壮 |
[1:24:06] | Actually, Jane, now that you mention it, I think I do remember someone. | 你想他只会满足一个乡下女吗 你这样讲,我倒想起一个人 |
[1:24:11] | I hear he’s always got something going on the outside. | 听说他在外面一直不老实 |
[1:24:17] | Excuse me. There’s some heavy breathing in the dressing room. | 对不起 小姐,更衣室裡有呼气声 |
[1:24:36] | I may be home late tomorrow. They’re throwing a Christmas party at the office. | 明天我会晚点回来 办公室要开个小派对 |
[1:24:40] | – Shall I join? – Oh, no, no. | 我可以去吗 不… |
[1:24:44] | It’s not for wives. You know, just the office crowd. | 太太们不行,只有同事参加 |
[1:24:49] | You know, this January we’ll be married 16 years. | 到一月我们结婚就16年了 |
[1:24:52] | Wow, that’s a long time. | 好长的一段时间,看看这一切 |
[1:24:55] | When you look around, I mean. Have you ever been unfaithful to me? | 你有没有对我不老实 |
[1:25:06] | – What kind of a question is that? – You know, every wife speculates. | 这是什麽问题 每个太太都会疑心的 |
[1:25:11] | – No. – OK. It was just a casual question. | 没有 好,我只是随便问问 |
[1:25:16] | Have you? | 你有吗 |
[1:25:22] | – No. – I was just kidding. | 没有 我只是开玩笑的 |
[1:25:32] | Dorothy, I need some sisterly advice. | 桃乐丝,我要和你谈谈 |
[1:25:36] | I think Doug is having an affair. | 我想道格有外遇了 |
[1:25:38] | – Why? – I overheard these people talking. | 为什麽 我听到别人在谈论他 |
[1:25:42] | – Did they say he was? – Yeah. And it might not be the first time. | 别人这麽说他吗 对,可能不是第一次了 |
[1:25:48] | – What do you think? – I don’t know. | 那你怎麽想呢 |
[1:25:51] | I asked him if he’d ever been unfaithful and, of course, he denied it. | 我问他有没有对我不忠 |
[1:25:55] | – Of course. – But I keep recalling these incidents. | 他当然否认 但我一直在回想一些事 |
[1:25:58] | Look, if they make sense, I would believe them. | 如果他们说的有理 我宁可相信 |
[1:26:00] | I’ve just been so trusting, it never even occurred to me. | 我一直很信任他 我从没想过这种事 |
[1:26:04] | There’s a difference between being trusting and wearing blinders. | 信任与装迷糊是不一样的 |
[1:26:09] | Well, I suppose I don’t really have a right to complain, | 你没事吧 |
[1:26:13] | since I’m having an affair too. | 我不应该抱怨 我自己也是一样 |
[1:26:16] | – What? – Yeah. | 什麽 |
[1:26:19] | I better sit down. This is really starting to get interesting. | 我最好坐下来听 事情越来越好玩 |
[1:26:22] | He’s a saxophone player, and I like him a lot. | 他是个萨克斯风手 我很喜欢他 |
[1:26:25] | I’ve even had fantasies of maybe leaving Doug for him. | 我考虑过是否要为了他 而离开道格 |
[1:26:28] | – Oh, my God! – Yeah. | 我的天啊 |
[1:26:31] | Well… Oh, Jesus. | 对 |
[1:26:36] | Hey, Doug, come on. The party’s started on four. | 天啊 |
[1:26:39] | – Be right up. I have a little business. – Let’s go. | 道格,走吧,派对在四楼 我马上来,我还有点事 |
[1:26:44] | – Merry Christmas, Doug. – Merry Christmas. | 圣诞快乐,道格 圣诞快乐 |
[1:26:52] | Did you see Howard’s face when you snubbed him? | 你痛斥哈渥时 看到他的表情没有 挺沮丧的 |
[1:26:55] | – Mm-hm. | – Mm-hm. Crestfallen. |
[1:26:59] | – How’ve you been? – I’ve been excellent. | 近来如何 非常好 |
[1:27:02] | – Merry Christmas. | – Merry Christmas. 圣诞快乐 圣诞快乐 我看到你在圣诞树下走动 是吗 我看到了 可惜你没有跟我在一起 现不就是了吗 |
[1:27:03] | – I saw you walk under the mistletoe. – Too bad you weren’t with me. | |
[1:27:07] | I am with you. | |
[1:27:12] | – Can you get away again Friday? – This Friday? | 你星期五可以再抽个空吗 星期五 |
[1:27:15] | I was going to tell Alice that the market was in crisis and I had to work very late. | 我准备告诉艾莉丝 市场有些问题我会晚点回去 |
[1:27:20] | I have that board meeting again on Friday. Philadelphia. | 星期五我得到费城开董事会 |
[1:27:24] | – I don’t know if I’ll be back in time. – Oh, come on. Try and make it. | 不晓得能不能赶得回来 |
[1:27:29] | We can use Jay Teller’s apartment again. | 儘量嘛 我们可以用泰杰的套房 |
[1:27:33] | I still have such hot memories. | 我的性趣高涨 |
[1:27:35] | – You’re wicked. – Yes. | 你好色 |
[1:27:38] | Friday is perfect. | 对,星期五很好 |
[1:27:41] | Are you wearing that underwear I bought you? | 你穿我买给你的内衣吗 |
[1:27:47] | Oh, I keep having the feeling that we’re not alone. | 我觉得好像有人在这裡 |
[1:27:51] | We’re alone, honey. And no one will miss us. Oh, my… | 没有人会在这裡 |
[1:28:08] | Did you also have an affair with Veronica Reynolds? | 你是否跟洛蕾可也有染 |
[1:28:11] | And Cynthia Scott, maybe? They both look just like her. | 还有辛西亚 |
[1:28:15] | – What are you doing here? – The question is, why did you marry me? | 她们跟她一样性感吗 |
[1:28:19] | How did you get in here? Alice? Alice? | 那你为何要娶我 你是怎麽进来的,艾莉丝… |
[1:28:21] | Alice? Listen, Alice, this is nothing. We both had a few drinks. | 艾莉丝,听我说,这没什麽 我只是喝了点酒 |
[1:28:26] | How did you get inside the office? Alice? | 你是怎麽进办公室的 艾莉丝… |
[1:28:29] | Alice! | 艾莉丝 |
[1:28:36] | Joe? | 乔 我有事要告诉你 |
[1:28:55] | – | – Hi. |
[1:28:57] | Hi. OK, listen. Here’s the thing. | |
[1:28:59] | I’m leaving my husband. | 我要离开我丈夫 |
[1:29:03] | It’s been on my mind for a long time. | 我想了很久 |
[1:29:06] | Anyway, I’ve… I’ve really decided. | 我已经决定了 |
[1:29:11] | – So, I just thought you’d wanna know. – Erm, Alice… | 所以我想要让你知道 |
[1:29:16] | Yeah? | 艾莉丝… |
[1:29:18] | When you phoned… | 你打电话来后 |
[1:29:22] | …I was pacing up and down in front of the mirror, rehearsing a speech. Because I wanted to talk to you. | 我跑到镜子前练习如何对你说 |
[1:29:30] | – Yes? – The other day… …you know, when we split up on Madison Avenue, | 什麽事 |
[1:29:37] | after we both got invisible. | 那天我们在麦迪森大道 |
[1:29:39] | ‘I guess I was a little drunk, and I… | 隐身完分手后 |
[1:29:43] | ‘I did something I’ve always wanted to do. | 我想我有点醉了 |
[1:29:47] | ‘I went to 96th Street. | 便做出以前我一直想做的事 |
[1:29:50] | ‘And at four o’clock, I entered the office of Dr Lerner, | 我到96街去 |
[1:29:54] | ‘Vicki’s psychoanalyst. | 去薇姬心理医生的办公室裡 |
[1:29:56] | ‘Well, I listened to her private thoughts for nearly an hour. | 我听了她一小时的心事 |
[1:30:02] | ‘And it turns out that, down deep… | 结果我发现她仍然很爱我 |
[1:30:07] | ‘…she’s still in love with me. | |
[1:30:10] | ‘And she regrets having instigated our break.’ | 她很后悔跟我分开 |
[1:30:15] | The point I’m getting at is… | 我想到的是… |
[1:30:20] | …I think I should take that chance with her. | 我应该把握机会和她和好 |
[1:30:24] | We were together for six years, and we have a child whom we both love. | 我们在一起六年 |
[1:30:33] | I don’t know what else to say except… | 我们都深爱著孩子 我不晓得还能说什麽 |
[1:30:38] | …that, under everything, I still care for her. | 我还是很在意她 |
[1:30:51] | Well… | 那麽… |
[1:30:55] | Yes. | 对,那麽… |
[1:30:58] | Well… | |
[1:31:16] | Mrs Tait, come in. Please excuse appearance. | 泰德太太,请进 抱歉,这裡很乱 |
[1:31:20] | – Dr Yang leaving. – You’re going away? | 杨大夫要搬家了 你要搬家了 |
[1:31:23] | Yes. Must go to Tibet for a period of time. | 是的,我要去西藏一段时间 |
[1:31:27] | Ancient scrolls discovered. New remedies. | 我发现了古秘方 |
[1:31:31] | Dr Yang must always continue education. | 杨大夫要不断的学习 |
[1:31:35] | Good for my patients and keeps Dr Yang young. | 这对病人有益 能使杨大夫保持年轻 |
[1:31:41] | But tell Doctor, what is problem? | 告诉我,你有什麽问题 |
[1:31:45] | Well, I’ve experienced a double blow. | 我遭受了双重的打击 |
[1:31:49] | A husband who loved me once, I know that he no longer does. | 曾经爱我的丈夫变心了 |
[1:31:55] | And a man I met recently and developed strong feelings for | 最近我热爱的男人也不要我了 |
[1:31:59] | now doesn’t seem to want me. | |
[1:32:02] | Love. Love is most complex emotion. | 爱情是最複杂的感觉 |
[1:32:07] | Human beings unpredictable. | 人性是不可预测的 |
[1:32:10] | No logic to emotions. | 情绪不理性,没有逻辑的东西 |
[1:32:12] | Where there is no logic, there is no rational thought. | 没有理性 |
[1:32:15] | Where there is no rational thought, there can be much romance, | 没有理性的想法 |
[1:32:20] | but much suffering. | 有丰富的浪漫,还有痛苦 |
[1:32:22] | Gee, I… I feel like I’m adrift, like I’ve been cut loose. | 我觉得好迷惘 顿时失去了依靠 |
[1:32:28] | A while ago, I had a routine life, with feelings I understood. | 不久前我还过著很规律的生活 |
[1:32:32] | A husband, a home. | 一个丈夫一个家 |
[1:32:34] | Mrs Tait had illusion of happiness. | 泰德太太 |
[1:32:37] | Upon closer observation, not very honest husband, not very honest with self. | 你曾有过幸福的幻觉 |
[1:32:44] | – I’m frightened. – Freedom is frightening feeling. | 讲详细点,有个不诚实的丈夫 对自己也不甚了解 |
[1:32:48] | Can you help me before you go? | 我很害怕 |
[1:32:51] | Here, Mrs Tait. | 自由是令人害怕的感觉 |
[1:32:53] | Special herbs, very special herbs. | 在你走之前能够再帮我一次吗 |
[1:32:56] | Found only in Himalayas. | 这是一种很特别的草药 是在喜马拉雅山採集的 |
[1:32:59] | – What will these do? – Is strong love potion. | 有什麽效用 它是强烈的催爱剂 |
[1:33:02] | Dissolve into drink. He who drinks will lose heart to Mrs Tait. | 将它溶解在酒中 喝它的人会倾心于泰德太太 |
[1:33:08] | So these will make Joe love me again? | 这可以使乔再爱我吗 |
[1:33:11] | Or your husband love you again as he once did. | 也可以使你丈夫 再爱你如同往昔 |
[1:33:15] | – Really? – Herb is potent. Choice is yours. | 真的吗 |
[1:33:20] | Use wisely. | 草药只是解药,选择在于你 明智的使用它 |
[1:33:22] | Choice? | 选择在于我 |
[1:33:24] | I think Mrs Tait has better idea of who she is, | 我想泰德太太 |
[1:33:28] | than before she came to Dr Yang. | 对自己已经比较了解了 |
[1:33:31] | Who her friends are, or are not. | 谁是你的朋友 |
[1:33:34] | Who is husband, lover, sister, mother. | 谁是你的丈夫,爱人 姊姊,母亲 |
[1:33:39] | What are her needs, her limits, her gifts. | 你需要什麽 有什麽限制及天赋 |
[1:33:43] | What are her innermost feelings. | 什麽是你心灵深处的感觉 |
[1:33:47] | May not know all answers, but has better idea. No? | 可能没有答案,但却有概念 |
[1:33:54] | Yes. Yes, it’s true. | 对吗 对…一点也没错 |
[1:33:56] | Now must decide which road her life will take. | 现在你要做决定 |
[1:34:07] | Whoa! Sorry. | 人生的路要怎麽走 |
[1:34:10] | Alice! I didn’t think you could make it. | 抱歉 艾莉丝,真没想到你会来 |
[1:34:15] | – Uh-oh. What’s wrong? – I’ll come back. | 怎麽了 我改天再来好了 |
[1:34:17] | Don’t be silly. Come in. There are a lot of people you know here. | 别傻了,进来 这裡有好多人你都认识 |
[1:34:23] | – Is that Alice? Hi. Where’s Doug? – He’s busy. | 艾莉丝 道格好吗 他很忙 |
[1:34:28] | – Merry Christmas. – Thank you. Merry Christmas. | 圣诞快乐 谢谢,圣诞快乐 |
[1:34:32] | – I’m a little shaken up. – I see that. Let’s go into the kitchen. | 我有点困惑 我知道,我们到厨房去 |
[1:34:40] | What is it? What? | 怎麽了 |
[1:34:44] | OK. I have to make a decision between Doug and Joe. | 我必须在道格和乔之间 |
[1:34:48] | Oh, God. Well… | 做一个选择 |
[1:34:51] | – All right. What are your feelings? – I don’t know. | 好,你有什麽感觉 我不知道 |
[1:34:54] | I have feelings for both of them. | 我对他们两个都有感情 |
[1:34:56] | Alice, is it that simple? You just pick the one you want? | 艾莉丝,就这麽简单吗 在两人之间选一个 |
[1:34:59] | It’s a long story, but yes, yes, I can. | 我知道,说来话长,但我可以 |
[1:35:02] | – You’re the one to make this decision. – Come on, you two. Join the party. | 这种事只有你能做决定… 快来加入派对,正高潮呢 |
[1:35:06] | It’s prime time. People are gonna begin leaving soon. | 客人很快就离去了 |
[1:35:14] | That’s great. Look at these people go. | 看看这些老饕 餐点会一点也不剩的 |
[1:35:16] | – We’re not gonna have anything left. – The party’s a big hit. So’s the eggnog. | 派对很成功 |
[1:35:22] | Cocktail franks and bicarbonate of soda. | 蛋酒很棒 还有鸡尾酒跟苏打水 |
[1:35:26] | What’s, erm… what’s with Alice? She looked so upset when she came in. | 艾莉丝怎麽了 她进来时脸色很糟 |
[1:35:33] | – I’m gonna go get some more cake. – Come on, tell me. | 我再去弄点食物 别这样,告诉我嘛 |
[1:35:37] | Dorothy? | 桃乐丝 |
[1:35:45] | Excuse me. Alice? Could I have a word with you? | 对不起 |
[1:35:47] | – Yes. Excuse me. – Excuse us. | 艾莉丝,我可以跟你谈谈吗 |
[1:35:51] | Thanks. He was getting a little repetitious. | 好,对不起 |
[1:35:54] | What is this? | 那人有点唠叨,什麽事 |
[1:35:56] | I’m so glad you and Dorothy are seeing more of each other. | 我很高兴你跟桃乐丝言归于好 |
[1:35:59] | Thank you. I’m glad, too. | 谢谢,我也很高兴 |
[1:36:01] | – I’ve always liked you. – Thank you. I’ve always liked… | 我一直都很喜欢你 谢谢,我也是… |
[1:36:05] | Have I got something there? I’m glad you guys moved to New York. | 上面有东西吗,我也是 我很高兴你们搬来纽约 |
[1:36:09] | No, I mean, I really like you. | 我是说,我真的很喜欢你 |
[1:36:12] | Thank you. I really like you, too. | 谢谢,我也真的喜欢你 我犯了一个错误 |
[1:36:15] | – Now I know I made a mistake. – What’s that? A mistake? | 什麽错误 |
[1:36:18] | Yeah. Marrying Dorothy. You’re the one I love. Always have, always will. | 娶了桃乐丝,你才是我爱的人 以前是,以后也是 |
[1:36:23] | What are you saying? Are you kidding? | 你在说什麽,你在开玩笑吗 |
[1:36:27] | I don’t know. Maybe I’m drunk. | 我不知道,或许我醉了 |
[1:36:29] | Maybe you’re drunk. I don’t think you should be saying things like that. | 或许你醉了 |
[1:36:34] | – Oh, Alice, darling. – Ken, come on! | 你不应该说这种话 |
[1:36:37] | Come on, Ken. Who’s that? Ah, it doesn’t matter, anyway. | 肯,别这样 |
[1:36:49] | – Hello. | – Hello. |
[1:36:50] | – We haven’t met. I’m Sid Moscowitz. – Excuse me. I’m Alice Tait. | 我们没见过面,我叫莫威 对不起,我叫艾莉丝泰德 |
[1:36:55] | You’ll think I’m very forward, but you’re the loveliest creature I’ve ever seen. | 我想你会觉得我太冒味了 我觉得 |
[1:37:00] | Thank you. That’s very sweet. Thank you. | 你是我见过最可爱的人 谢谢,你真好,非常感激 |
[1:37:03] | – Don’t be offended. – This is my night. I’m not at all offended. | 别生气 我没有生气 |
[1:37:06] | – I’ve been staring at you for half an hour. – Have you really? | 我注意你半个多小时了 真的吗 |
[1:37:10] | – God! – Excuse me. Hi, Sid. How are you? | 对不起,西德,你好吗 |
[1:37:12] | – I’m fine. – Everyone’s having too much eggnog! | 大家蛋酒喝太多了 |
[1:37:16] | I want you to know I… | 我只要你知道你对我很重要 |
[1:37:18] | – You mean a lot to me. – You don’t even know me. | 你根本不认识我,你在说什麽 我只知道没有你 |
[1:37:22] | I know enough to know that I would be lost without you. | 我不知道该怎麽办 |
[1:37:26] | – You’d be lost without me? – Suddenly, really… | 没有我不知道该怎麽办 突然间你是我的一切 |
[1:37:29] | – You’re my world, Alice. – I was just looking for my sister Dorothy. | 我要去看我姊姊桃乐丝 |
[1:37:33] | – Excuse me… – I need to say this. | 谢谢你的好意 我一定要说 |
[1:37:35] | – Who are you? – My name is Alice Tait. | 你是谁 我是艾莉丝泰德 |
[1:37:38] | – Excuse me… – Dorothy’s sister. I was looking for her. | 桃乐丝的妹妹 我正要去找她 |
[1:37:41] | You are the most devastating woman… | 你是我这一辈子见过 |
[1:37:43] | – What is everyone on? – Alice? I just I love you. | 最具有震撼力的女人 大家是怎麽一回事 |
[1:37:46] | – That’s a beautiful name. – Excuse me. | 我爱你… |
[1:37:49] | – The herbs. The herbs! – Alice. Excuse me. | 那草药… 艾莉丝… |
[1:37:53] | The herbs! A bag, did you see a brown bag around here? | 你有没有看到 一个咖啡色的袋子 |
[1:37:57] | – The nutmeg. I put that in the eggnog. – Nutmeg? Oh, no. Isn’t there any left? | 那包豆蔻吗 我把它加入蛋酒中 |
[1:38:01] | – It was a small bag. – It’s not nutmeg. Get the eggnog, please. | 豆蔻,不是,还有剩吗 并不多 |
[1:38:05] | We have to tip the whole thing out. | 那不是豆蔻 你快去把蛋酒端回来全部倒掉 |
[1:38:07] | – I’m Nat. I’ve been staring at you… – There’s been a mistake. | 我叫南特 |
[1:38:11] | – Give me that. Don’t drink any more. – You’re so lovely. | 南特,发生了一点小错误… 我整晚一直盯著你,你好美 |
[1:38:14] | – Ken, let me talk to you tomorrow. – I love you. | 那个给我,别再喝了 你在干嘛,你好可爱 |
[1:38:17] | Excuse me. You’re gonna think this is very sudden. I love you. Let’s get married. | 肯,我明天再跟你谈 我爱你 |
[1:38:22] | – I think we should. I have a lot of money. – Alice. My God. | 对不起,你可能会觉得突然 但我爱你,我要娶你 |
[1:38:25] | – There’s been an accident. – Joseph Banks. Can you feel it? | 她好美 好美的艾莉丝 |
[1:38:29] | – Alice? – Can you feel? Can you…? | 我很有钱… 班乔瑟 |
[1:38:31] | Why don’t you back off a second, OK? Let me talk to her. Give me one second. | 你喜欢我吗 你后退,让我跟她谈谈,好吗 |
[1:39:01] | – Claire had so much liposuction done. – Yes? | 克莱尔减去好多肥肉 |
[1:39:04] | I ran into her in Palm Beach and again at the kinesiologist’s. | 我在棕榈滩 |
[1:39:08] | I think she wants to have an affair with her dog-walker. | 跟金尼西又遇到了她 |
[1:39:12] | – Taxi! – Is it five or six Pekingese she has? | 我觉得她跟她的看狗员有一手 |
[1:39:15] | – Six, I think. Is he cute? – Mm… Mezzo, mezzo. | 是你吗 |
[1:39:28] | – Is that you? – Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:39:30] | – We have to talk. – Yeah, I think we do need to talk. | 我们得谈一谈 对,我们需要谈谈 |
[1:39:33] | All right. I’ve fooled around a little over the years. I’m not perfect. | 好,我的确在外风流了好多年 |
[1:39:37] | – Neither am I. – No, you are. | 我并不完美 我也是 |
[1:39:40] | No, Doug. I’ve lied, I’ve cheated. | 不,你很完美 |
[1:39:43] | I’ve done things I didn’t think I had in me. | 不,道格,我撒谎 我做了我无法承担的事 |
[1:39:45] | – You have? – I have, I have. | 你有吗 没错 |
[1:39:48] | We haven’t had a real marriage in so long, if ever. | 听著,我们真正的婚姻 |
[1:39:51] | In what way did you lie and cheat? | 并没有这麽长 你说你撒了什麽谎 |
[1:39:53] | All I know is, I don’t like the way I feel about it. I think it’s time to change that. | 我不喜欢这种感觉 我想有所改变 |
[1:39:58] | I don’t wanna blow this out of proportion, OK? What’s past is past. | 我不想搞得太僵,好吗 |
[1:40:02] | Nothing has to be different. We can get things back to the way they were. | 过去的已经过去了 没有什麽不一样 |
[1:40:06] | I know I can. I know I can. | 我们可以重新来过 就像以前一样 |
[1:40:08] | – But I’m not going to. – What does that mean? | 我知道可以,但我不想 这是什麽意思 |
[1:40:12] | Would you excuse us, please, Hilda? Just for a moment, please. | 希塔,请你迴避一下 |
[1:40:15] | I’ll tell you what it means, I’m tired of all this. | 我告诉你什麽意思 我对这一切感到厌倦 |
[1:40:18] | I’m tired of pedicures and face-lifts, | 我厌烦成日逛街购物 |
[1:40:21] | and shopping and gossip about who’s in bed with who. | 谈论谁跟谁上床 不只那些,还有孩子们 |
[1:40:25] | – I’m tired of the whole thing. – There’s more than that. The children! | 那些是什麽 |
[1:40:28] | Yes, exactly. I want them growing up with deeper values, with something else. | 对,孩子们 我要培养他们有深度的价值观 |
[1:40:33] | – Don’t give me a lecture. – That’s something I don’t need any more. | 是吗,别对我说教 我不再需要这东西 |
[1:40:37] | – What is it? – For your own interest. | 那是什麽 你只顾到自己的利益 |
[1:40:39] | You wanted to take a writing course. I said OK. | 你不是说要上写作班吗 我答应你 |
[1:40:42] | Did you also have an affair with Nancy Brill? I wouldn’t be surprised. | 你跟南茜布也有一手吗 我不会惊讶 |
[1:40:46] | – I don’t like you this way. – I can’t write. | 什麽,我不喜欢你这样子 我没有天赋写作,我没本事 |
[1:40:49] | And if I could, I’m incapable of more than a TV plot. | 就算能,也只能写写电视剧本 很高兴你终于有了认知 |
[1:40:54] | – We need to go to the Bahamas. – It’s pathetic. | 那没有什麽深度 我们需要去巴拿马 |
[1:40:56] | – Unwind, sunbathe, unload this. – I’m going further than the Bahamas. | 那儿很美 是吗 |
[1:41:01] | – What? Where are you going? – I’m going to Calcutta. | 没有风,太阳浴,忘了这一切 我要去比巴拿马更远的地方 |
[1:41:05] | – You’re going where? – Calcutta. | 好,你想去哪裡 我要去加尔各答 |
[1:41:07] | – To try and work with Mother Teresa. – Do you have your ticket? | 哪裡 加尔各答 |
[1:41:12] | I want the children to have a different kind of life. | 我要跟泰瑞莎修女一起工作 你买了机票吗 我要孩子们过不同的生活 |
[1:41:16] | – To know something different. – Work Mother Teresa? Are you serious? | 了解不同的事物 你要去跟泰瑞莎修女 |
[1:41:20] | – I’m serious. – You’re serious about this? | 一起工作吗 我是说真的 你是说真的吗 |
[1:41:23] | – When did this amazing thought pop up? – It doesn’t matter when. | 你什麽时候有这种念头的 |
[1:41:27] | It does to me. | 那无关紧要 我在乎 |
[1:41:30] | One minute without your charge plates and masseuse and you would be lost! | 你一没有信用卡和按摩师 你就没辄了 |
[1:41:35] | Yeah, I know. You’re probably right. | 我知道,或许你说的对 |
[1:41:38] | – But it’s not gonna be that way anymore. – Really? What’s it gonna be? Calcutta? | 但是我要改变它 |
[1:41:44] | You’re going off to Calcutta? | 是吗,加尔各答是什麽样子 你要去加尔各答 |
[1:41:47] | Do you know they have 10,000 unlisted diseases in Calcutta? | 你知不知道加尔各答 有成千上万种疾病 |
[1:41:53] | I don’t believe… What are you saying? | 我真不敢相信,你在说什麽 |
[1:41:58] | The second you see an ad for a diamond earring, | 如果你真的去了 |
[1:42:01] | or get a craving for a caviar blini, you’ll be back, if indeed you go. | 一见到耳环或鱼子酱的广告 你马上就会回来的 |
[1:42:05] | You’re not going with my children! | 我不准你带我的孩子去 |
[1:42:21] | ‘Did you hear about Alice Tait? She left her husband.’ | 你听说了艾莉丝泰德的事吗 什麽事 |
[1:42:24] | ‘No!’ ‘That’s old news. | 她离开了她丈夫 那已经不是新闻了 |
[1:42:26] | – ‘The big news is, she went to India.’ – ‘Really?’ | 什麽意思 新闻是她到印度去了 |
[1:42:30] | ‘It’s incredible. She met Mother Teresa! | 真的吗 真不可思议 |
[1:42:32] | ‘But now she’s back, and I heard she’s doing some kind of volunteer work.’ | 她去见了泰瑞莎修女 现在回来了 |
[1:42:36] | ‘She always had that Catholic streak.’ | 听说在做有关于儿童的义工 她本来就有天生教徒的热忱 |
[1:42:39] | ‘She not only left her husband, | 她不只是离开了她丈夫 |
[1:42:41] | ‘she left her cook, her chauffeur and her maid. | 也放弃厨子,司机和女佣 |
[1:42:44] | ‘And she’s living downtown just with the kids. | 只在市中心跟孩子们一起住 真令人难以置信 |
[1:42:46] | ‘You’re not gonna believe this. She does everything herself. | 什麽 她一切自己动手吗 |
[1:42:50] | ‘Penny said she spends all her free time with her kids, and she looks great.’ | 葛班说她花所有的时间 跟小孩在一块,还过得很快乐 |
[1:42:54] | ‘No cook or maid? Did she have a mental breakdown?’ | 什麽,没有厨子和女佣 |
[1:42:58] | ‘That’s my thought. But someone said she’s a changed woman.’ | 她是不是神经有问题 我也这麽想 |
[1:43:02] | ‘Speaking of changed women, Gloria Phillips had face work.’ | 但是有人说她变了一个样 说到变样,葛莉去做脸部整型 |
[1:43:05] | ‘She’s having an affair with her astrologer, isn’t she?’ | 她跟她的占星师有染,不是吗 但她真的变了模样 |
[1:43:08] | ‘But she’s a changed woman, because you can’t tell it’s Gloria.’ | 你会认不出是葛莉来 剧终 谢谢收看 |