Skip to content

英美剧电影台词站

Alexander Revisited The Final Cut(亚历山大大帝)[2004]电影台词本阅读、下载和单词统计

Posted on June 16, 2024 By taiciben_script_user No Comments on Alexander Revisited The Final Cut(亚历山大大帝)[2004]电影台词本阅读、下载和单词统计
电影名称:亚历山大大帝
英文名称:Alexander Revisited The Final Cut
年代:2004

推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 英文 中文
[03:03] Alexander, the army will divide. 亚历山大 军队即将分裂
[03:06] Satrapies will revolt. Without your orders, there’ll be war. 各地即将叛乱 没有你的命令 战争将会爆发
[03:10] We beg you. Tell us who. 我们求你 告诉大家是谁
[04:12] Our world is gone now. 如今 我们的世界已经消逝
[04:16] I’m the last left alive. 我是硕果仅存的一个
[04:21] Whether that’s a blessing or a curse… 不管这是天赐之福 还是诅咒
[04:24] …who by Hades would know. 只有天晓得
[04:29] But I’ve paid my price… 但是我已经付出了代价
[04:32] …in blood. 血的代价
[04:36] And in broken dreams. 梦想破碎的代价
[04:41] They say we were the greatest fighting force ever known to man. 他们都说我们是人类所知最强的军队
[04:48] Greater even than the expedition to Troy. 甚至比远征特洛伊的大军更强大
[04:54] But how can I say it? 但是该怎么说呢?
[04:56] How can I tell you what it is like to be young… 我该怎么形容呢?
[04:59] …and to dream big dreams? 年轻的时候 怀有宏大梦想的样子
[05:03] To believe when Alexander looked you in the eye, you could do anything. 一心相信当亚历山大看着你时 你什么都能做到
[05:08] Anything. 无所不能
[05:12] In his presence, by the light of Apollo, we were better than ourselves. 在他面前…我们就像沐浴在阿波罗的光辉下 变得比我们本身更加优秀
[05:20] Truly, I’ve known many great men in my life… 真的 我一生中认识不少了不起的人
[05:26] …but only one colossus. 但伟人只有一个
[05:29] And only now, when old… 只有现在 等我老了
[05:31] …do I understand who this force of nature really was. 我才真正意识到这种神奇力量的真相
[05:41] Or do I? 或者 我真的了解?
[05:43] Did such a man as Alexander exist? Of course not. 像亚历山大那样的人真的存在过吗? 当然没有
[05:48] We idolize him, make him better than he was. 是我们膜拜他 拔高了他
[05:52] Men, all men, reach and fall… 人类 所有的人类都是盛极则衰
[05:57] …reach and fall. 盛极则衰
[06:05] In the East, the vast Persian Empire ruled almost all the known world. 在东方 辽阔的波斯帝国统治着…几乎所有的已知世界
[06:13] In the West, the once great Greek city-states… 在西方 曾经盛极一时的大希腊城邦
[06:17] …Thebes, Athens, Sparta, had fallen from pride. 底比斯 雅典 斯巴达都丧失了荣耀
[06:23] For 100 years now, the Persian kings had bribed the Greeks… 一百年来 波斯皇帝们用他们的黄金
[06:28] …with their gold to fight as mercenaries. 贿赂希腊人充当他们的雇佣军
[06:31] It was Philip, the one-eyed, who changed all this… 是独眼的菲利浦改变了这一切
[06:36] …uniting tribes of illiterate sheepherders from the high and lowlands. 他把高地和低地上那些…未开化的游牧部落联合起来
[06:41] With his blood and guts, he built a professional army… 他靠自己的鲜血和胆量建立了一支职业军队
[06:46] …that brought the devious Greeks to their knees. 让狡猾的希腊人向他屈膝
[06:51] He then turned his eye on Persia… 接着他把目光投向了波斯
[06:53] …where it was said the Great King Darius himself… 传说连大流士大帝本人…也怀着对菲利浦的恐惧
[06:57] …on his throne in Babylon, feared Philip. 忐忑不安地坐在宝座上
[07:06] Philip was murdered… 菲利浦的谋杀案
[07:08] …much to Persia’s delight and perhaps sponsored by their gold. 让波斯举国欢庆 多半是他们用钱财收买的结果
[07:12] And Alexander, at 20 became the new ruler of Macedonia. 亚历山大才20岁…就变成了马其顿新的统治者
[07:18] Announcing revenge for the death of Philip… 宣布要为菲利浦的死复仇
[07:21] …Alexander liberated all of the cities of western Asia… 亚历山大解放了亚洲西部
[07:25] …south to Egypt… 往南直到埃及的所有城市
[07:28] …where he was declared Pharaoh of Egypt… 埃及人尊他为法老
[07:32] …and worshipped as a god. 并奉他为神灵
[07:37] And finally, he provoked the rise to battle… 最终 他煽动兴起的民族发动战争
[07:42] …in the heart of the Persian Empire, near Babylon. 长驱直入 一直攻到…波斯帝国的中心地带巴比伦附近
[07:57] It was mad. 真是疯狂
[07:58] Forty thousand of us against hundreds of thousands… 我们仅四万人
[08:01] … of barbarian races unknown to us… 对方是我们一无所知的野蛮人 人数是我们的几百倍
[08:04] … gathered under Darius himself. 并由大流士本人亲自召集
[08:09] East and west had now come together… 西方和东方在此相遇
[08:12] … to decide the fate of the known world. 将决定着已知世界的命运
[08:17] It was the day Alexander had waited for all his life. 这是亚历山大已经等待了一生的日子
[08:23] Son of a god. 神灵的儿子
[08:27] It was a myth, of course. 当然 这只是神话
[08:29] At least it started as a myth. 至少开头是神话
[08:32] I know. 我知道
[08:35] I was there. 我就在场
[08:37] In the crack of the Persian line, we’ll go for the head. 我们穿过波斯人阵形缺口 直取敌酋
[08:42] Kill Darius? 杀掉大流士?
[08:43] The gods have brought him to us at last. 诸神终于把他交到我们手里
[08:47] If I die, it’s one Macedonian. 如果我死了 不过是死了一个马其顿人
[08:50] But the Persians, they cannot move without Darius’ command. 但波斯人没有大流士的命令就不能行动
[08:53] Here. Right here, we cut the throat of the Persian army. 这里 就在这里…我们可以切断波斯军队的咽喉
[08:58] This is madness. You’ll never get within 100 paces of him. 这完全是发疯 你永远无法靠近他百步以内的
[09:01] Have you seen the sheer size of his force? 你看到他军队的规模了吗?
[09:04] Not if you hold them on the left, my brave Parmenion… 如果你能在左边挡住他们 就能
[09:08] …with your son Philotas for just one, two hours tomorrow. 勇敢的帕曼纽 带着你儿子菲罗塔斯 拖住他一小时
[09:14] And you, unbreakable Antigonus, the center phalanx. 还有你…从不言败的安提柯斯 你负责中央方阵
[09:19] Perdiccas, Leonnatus… 佩迪克斯 勒拉塔斯
[09:23] …Nearchus, Polyperchon. 尼阿克斯 波利佩恩
[09:27] If you pin them on the walls of your sarissas, here in the center… 如果你们用人墙在中央方向挡着他们
[09:32] …their cavalry will follow me out to the right. 我就可以从右边引出他们的骑兵
[09:35] And when bold Cassander breaks, stretching their left… 等英勇的喀山德打开突破口 拉长他们的左翼阵线
[09:39] …a hole will open. Then I and my cavalry- 然后我就能带着骑兵
[09:42] Our revered Cleitus… 尊敬的克雷塔斯
[09:44] …Ptolemy and Hephaistion. 托勒密和赫菲斯提安
[09:48] Will strike through that gap… 就会从侧面的缺口冲进去
[09:50] …and deal the deathblow to Darius’ head. 取下大流士的首级
[09:53] Since when, by the light of Apollo, has cavalry been used to break an infantry line? 阿波罗在上 何时骑兵也用来突破步兵战线了?
[09:58] What was it we did to Chaeronea, Parmenion? 那我们对喀罗尼亚做的呢 帕曼纽?
[10:00] Alexander, even with luck, timing, the gods, they’re at least five to our one… 亚历山大即使有运气天时和诸神帮助 他们至少是我们的五倍
[10:04] …which means in truth we must rout them tomorrow, destroy their army completely. 这意味着我们明天必须击溃他们 全歼对方军队
[10:08] Or we’ll be picked apart by bandit tribes on the long journey home. 否则我们在回家的漫长旅途中…会被土匪们各个击破
[10:12] Right. 正确
[10:14] You speak of home and retreat… 你说到回家和撤退
[10:19] …but do you understand, Parmenion? 但是你能理解吗 帕曼纽?
[10:23] Babylon’s my new home. 巴比伦就是我的新家
[10:28] Alexander… 亚历山大
[10:30] …if we must fight… 如果我们必须作战的话
[10:33] …do so with stealth. 就应该偷袭 好好利用你的部队
[10:35] Use your numbers well. We should attack tonight when they least expect us. 我们应该在今晚他们意想不到时进攻
[10:49] I didn’t cross Asia to steal this victory, Cassander. 我穿过亚洲…不是为了盗取这场胜利 喀山德
[10:53] No, you are too honorable for that. 是的 你太看重荣誉了
[10:57] No doubt influenced from sleeping with Tales of Troy under your pillow. 你从小到大 都枕着特洛伊传说睡觉 受其影响太深
[11:03] But your father was no lover of Homer’s. 可你父亲并不是荷马的爱好者
[11:06] The lands west of the Euphrates, Alexander, the hand of his daughter in marriage. 你看 幼发拉底河以西的广袤土地…和他女儿的婚约
[11:10] Since when has a Greek been given such honors? 什么时候希腊人也有这种荣耀了?
[11:12] There are not honors, Parmenion, they’re bribes… 帕曼纽 这不是荣耀
[11:17] …which the Greeks have accepted too long. 这种贿赂…希腊人收取得太久了
[11:23] Do you forget that the man who murdered my father… 你忘了那个杀死我父亲的凶手吗?
[11:25] …lies across the valley floor? Come, Alexander… 别这样 亚历山大
[11:28] …we’re still not really sure if it was Persian gold behind the assassination. 我们其实也不清楚…是不是波斯人收买他的
[11:32] But that is no matter! 这没关系
[11:34] Your father taught you never to surrender your reason to your passion. 你父亲教导你永远不要感情用事
[11:38] Now I urge you… 根据我的经验
[11:40] …with all my experience, regroup. 我觉得你应该改变部署
[11:44] Fall back to the coast, raise a larger force. 撤回岸边 召集更多军队
[11:47] I would, if I were Parmenion. 我会这样做 如果我是帕曼纽
[11:52] But I am Alexander. 但我是亚历山大
[11:54] And no more than Earth has two suns will Asia bear two kings. 一山不容二虎 亚洲也不能有两个君王
[11:58] These are my terms. 这就是我的宣言
[12:00] And if Darius isn’t a coward who hides behind his men… 假如大流士…不是躲在自己军队后面的懦夫
[12:05] …then he’ll come to me tomorrow. 那么明天他就会来找我
[12:07] And when he bows down to Greece… 当他向希腊低头的时候
[12:12] …Alexander will be merciful. 亚历山大会宽宏大量的
[12:21] By Ares’ chains, he has got balls, men. 阿瑞斯在上 这个人还是个男人呢
[12:26] I mean, give the man his due, Parmenion. 给这个人他应得的一切 帕曼纽
[12:30] And, lads, feast tonight, for tomorrow we will dine in Hades. 小伙子们 今晚一醉方休 明天我们就要到地府相会了
[12:46] I’ve seen one before. It was still alive. 我曾经见过 如今还栩栩如生
[13:04] To whom do you pray? 你在向谁祈祷?
[13:09] Phobos. 福波斯
[13:12] Fear? 恐惧?
[13:16] A bad omen. 恶兆
[13:20] More so for Darius. 大概是大流士的凶兆
[13:28] I’ve come to believe the fear of death drives all men, Hephaistion. 我向来相信 死亡的恐惧…驱迫着所有人 赫菲斯提安
[13:34] And this we didn’t learn as schoolboys. 这是我们在学校无法学到的
[13:37] It is the cause of all of our misfortunes. 这是我们不幸的源头
[13:42] So, mighty Crateros. Your Majesty. 伟大的格雷塔斯 陛下
[13:45] Are you ready for tomorrow? It’s been too long coming if you ask me. 你准备好迎接明日了吗? 若你想问 我得说等得太久了
[13:48] The men are skittish as colts and the damn bulls won’t shut their snouts. 这些士兵就像初生之犊一样轻佻 还有这些公牛从不闭上它们的臭嘴
[13:53] Good. Fear makes men fight better. 好 恐惧会让士兵更加勇猛
[13:57] Post your sentries alertly but rest them well. 安排好岗哨 保持警觉和注意休息
[14:00] Don’t you worry, general. I’m known to sleep with my eyes open as a baby’s arse. 你别担心 将军 谁都知道…我连睡觉的时候也睁着眼睛
[14:04] Only because someone might steal his loot, sire. 也许是怕别人偷他的战利品吧 长官
[14:08] Well, someone owes Crateros for his cheapness. 看来有人该为格雷塔斯的吝啬负责了
[14:11] He buys neither gloves nor blankets to warm himself. 他既没买臂铠也没买毯子来取暖
[14:14] Who needs gloves when you come from grace? 如果你天生优雅 又何须臂铠?
[14:17] Who needs clothes when you can fight naked? 如果你可以赤身作战 又何须衣物?
[14:20] He’s right. 他说得对
[14:22] After tomorrow, even the thrifty among you shall be kings. 明天以后 你们有的穷人也能变成国王
[14:25] The gods are with us, Your Majesty. We’ll stain the ground… 诸神站在我们这边 陛下
[14:28] …in Persian blood, my king. 我们会让波斯人血染这片土地 国王
[14:31] You’re on the first row tomorrow, boy. 明天你会站在最前线 孩子
[14:36] I’ve always believed, Alexander… 我很确信 亚历山大
[14:39] …but this seems so much bigger than us. 但这看起来 实在比我们庞大多了
[14:42] Did Patroclus doubt Achilles when they stood side by side at the seat of Troy? 当帕特洛克罗斯和阿喀琉斯…在特洛伊并肩作战时 有质疑过对方吗?
[14:47] Patroclus died first. 帕特克洛斯先死
[14:50] If you do… 如果你也如此
[14:53] If you were to fall, Hephaistion, even if Macedonia were to lose a king… 如果你先倒下 赫菲斯提安 即使马其顿会失去国王
[14:57] …I will avenge you. 我也会为你复仇
[15:00] And follow you down to the house of death. 然后追随你去冥府
[15:03] I would do the same. 我也会做同样的事
[15:15] On the eve of battle, it’s hardest to be alone. 大战前夜 孤独一人真让人难以忍受
[15:24] Then perhaps… 那也许
[15:28] Perhaps this is farewell then… 也许这就是永别
[15:32] …my Alexander. 我的亚历山大
[15:35] Fear not, Hephaistion. We are at the beginning. 恐怕不是 赫菲斯提安 我们才刚开始
[16:15] Blood makes the world rise. 鲜血令世界兴起
[16:20] Blood makes the rain fall. 鲜血令大雨倾盆
[16:26] Blood makes the earth grow. 鲜血令土地生长
[16:31] And in blood, all men are born and die. 所有人都在鲜血中出生死亡
[16:39] Blood is the food of the gods below. 鲜血是地下神灵的食粮
[16:59] Come, Bucephalus. Today we ride to our destiny. 来吧 布赛佛勒斯 今天我们要迎接命运
[17:06] Company, group! Regroup! 立正!迎接检阅!
[17:21] Phalanx, turn right! 列队!向右转!
[17:41] Phalanx, attention! 列队!注意!
[18:07] Neoptolemus. 涅佩塔勒玛斯
[18:10] I remember you the day you took the siege tower at Tyre. 我还记得你拿下了提尔的城楼的那天
[18:13] You were a giant. And today, how will you fight? 你是个大力神 今天你会怎样战斗?
[18:22] Dexippos, by Athena. 德希普斯 雅典娜在上
[18:25] How far was it you threw your man wrestling at the last Olympic Games? 上次你在奥运会的摔跤赛里…把那个人扔了多远?
[18:29] Will you match it with your spear? 你能配得上你的长矛吗?
[18:36] And Timander, son of Menander, a great soldier to my father. 提曼德 你父亲曼南德…是我父亲手下的优秀士兵
[18:42] I still mourn your brother, Addaios, who died so bravely at Halicarnassus. 你兄弟埃达欧斯…在哈里卡纳斯死得那样英勇
[18:46] What an honored family you descend from, Timander. 你出身多么光荣啊提曼德
[18:50] You fight for them today. 今天你要为你的家人而战
[18:55] You’ve all honored your country and your ancestors. 你们都为国家和祖先赢得过光荣
[19:01] And now we come to this most distant place in Asia… 现在我们来到亚洲这个偏远的地方
[19:06] …where across from us, Darius has at last gathered a vast army… 就在我们的对面 大流士集结了一支庞大的军队
[19:40] But ask yourselves… 但是问问你们自己
[19:42] …who is this great king who pays assassins in gold coins… 是哪一个君王收买了刺客
[19:47] …to murder my father, our king… 让他杀害了我的父亲 我们的国王
[19:50] …in a most despicable and cowardly manner? 手段如此卑劣懦弱
[19:55] Who is this great king, Darius, who enslaves his own men to fight? 是哪个君王大流士…奴役自己的人民 逼他们去战斗?
[20:00] Who is this king but a king of air? 哪个君王不都是虚无的君王?
[20:05] These men do not fight for their homes. 这些人不是为了自己的家园而战
[20:08] They fight because this king tells them they must. 他们作战是因为这个君王强迫他们
[20:12] And when they fight, they will melt away like the air… 他们作战的时候 他们也会化作虚无
[20:16] …because they know no loyalty to a king of slaves. 因为他们对一个奴隶主没有任何忠诚
[20:20] But we are not here today as slaves. 但我们不是以奴隶的身份出现在这里
[20:24] We are here today… 今天 我们在此
[20:26] …as Macedonian freemen! 是作为马其顿的自由公民
[20:45] And though outnumbered… 尽管他们的人数超过我们
[20:48] …I say to you who know the price of tyranny… 但我要对你们这些深知暴政的苦楚
[20:53] …who’ve carried the Persian yoke too long… 受够波斯人的奴役的人说
[20:58] …you have a strength born of your hearts… 你们具有与生俱来的力量来自你们的心灵
[21:03] …and all their arms, their numbers… 他们的武器他们的人数…
[21:06] …their chariots and all their fine horses… 他们的战车和他们的骏马
[21:10] …will mean nothing in the hands of slaves. 在奴隶的手里 一钱不值
[21:13] Some of you… 但是你们
[21:17] …perhaps myself… 包括我
[21:19] …will not live to see the sun set over these mountains today. 也许不会活着看到今天的太阳落山
[21:25] For I will be in the very thick of battle with you. 我会跟你们一样冲在最前线
[21:32] But remember this: 但是请牢记:
[21:34] The greatest honor a man can ever achieve… 一个男人能取得的最高荣誉
[21:39] …is to live with great courage and to die with his countrymen… 乃为敢做敢为而生 为保家卫国而死
[21:45] …in battle for his home. 为最高荣誉而战
[21:53] I say to you… 我要告诉你们
[21:56] …what every warrior has known since the beginning of time. 开天辟地以来每个战士都明白的道理
[22:00] Conquer your fear… 只要战胜恐惧…
[22:03] …and I promise you, you will conquer death. 我保证你们就会战胜死亡
[22:31] And someday I vow to you… 我向你们发誓 总有一天
[22:34] …your sons and your grandsons will look into your eyes. 你们的子孙后代…会看着你们的眼睛
[22:41] And when they ask why you fought so bravely at Gaugamela… 问起我们是如何勇敢在高加米拉战斗时
[22:46] …you will answer… 你们可以用
[22:48] …with all the strength of your great, great hearts: 伟大的心灵之力回答他们
[22:53] “I was here this day at Gaugamela… 这一天 我在高加米拉
[22:57] …for the freedom… 为了希腊的…
[23:01] …and glory… 自由和光荣…
[23:06] …of Greece!” 而战!
[23:15] Zeus be with us! 宙斯与我们同在!
[23:45] Cassander! Four columns, go! 喀山德!四个纵队 上!
[23:54] Where does he go? 他去哪里了?
[23:56] I don’t know, Majesty. 我不知道 陛下
[23:58] Envelop him, Bessus. 包围他 贝萨斯
[24:05] Hephaistion, go! 赫菲斯提安 上!
[24:18] Phalanx! 纵队!
[24:38] He makes a mistake, Pharnakes. 他犯了个错误 帕勒克斯
[24:44] Yes, great king. 是的 大帝
[25:48] Be brave, men. 勇敢些 士兵们
[25:52] Steady on the left, lads! 左方的小伙子们 稳住!
[25:54] Bend if you must, but never break. 挺住千万别散开
[25:57] And keep watching the cavalry on the left. 注意左边的骑兵
[26:32] Pick up the pace! 加快速度
[26:44] Prepare to repel chariots! 准备迎击战车
[27:25] Forward! 前进!
[28:17] Cassander! 喀山德!
[28:19] Forward, men! Forward! 前进 士兵们!
[28:32] Left turn! Infantry, clear! Out now! 转左!步兵!出击!
[29:46] Hold your positions! 保持阵形!
[29:48] Hold your positions! 保持阵形!
[30:19] Father! We must fall back to the gully, Father. 父亲 我们必须撤回去
[30:21] No, hold. 不 坚持住
[30:23] Where is he? We’re far too thin! Get word to Alexander! 他在哪? 我们的阵形拉得太长! 快去叫亚历山大
[30:27] Move! Yes, sir. 快去! 是 大人
[30:48] Come, Macedonians! Ride! Ride! 马其顿士兵!冲啊!
[30:59] Drive for the hole! 冲过缺口!
[31:02] Drive for the hole! Drive for the hole! 冲过缺口!
[31:38] Prince Merdicus, bring these men up. 美迪卡斯王子 带士兵们上!
[32:07] Back and to the left! Back and to the left! 回左翼去!
[32:10] General! Get to your home! And go home fast. 将军! 回你原来的位置!要快!
[32:14] I cannot see! 我看不清楚
[32:16] Philotas! Philotas! Father. 菲罗塔斯! 父亲
[32:19] Go. Tell Alexander yourself. 走 你亲自去告诉亚历山大!
[32:22] And if he won’t listen, then survive me and avenge this betrayal! 要是他不肯来救我 你就要活下去 报复他的背叛
[33:07] Pay attention, lad! Your father still watches over you! 小心点 小伙子!父亲看守着你!
[33:57] Darius! 大流士!
[34:00] Find your horses. 上马!
[34:18] Darius! 大流士!
[34:41] Go! Go! 撤退!赶紧撤退!
[35:01] We can reach those mountains by sunset, go all night and catch Darius at dawn. 日落前我们可以到山那里 连夜追赶 到天明就可以抓住大流士
[35:05] Provision the horses. 喂马!
[35:09] Alexander! Alexander, my father’s lost. 亚历山大 亚历山大 我父亲快顶不住了
[35:13] They’ve overrun the flank. They’re into the baggage train. 他们穿过了侧翼 冲到辎重队里了
[35:16] Parmenion’s crumbling. 帕曼纽要被打垮了
[35:18] Alexander, if you chase him, you risk losing your army here. 亚历山大 你若去追他 就可能在这里失去你的部队
[35:23] And if we capture him, we gain an empire. 可要是逮住他就能赢得一个帝国
[35:35] You can run to the ends of the earth, you coward… 你可以逃到天涯海角 懦夫
[35:38] …but you’ll never run far enough! 可你永远都逃不掉
[35:41] To Parmenion! 去救帕曼纽!
[36:14] You bleed free, my lord. 你在流血 陛下
[36:16] May I tend to your wound? No, Hermolaus, not now. 能帮你疗伤吗? 不 现在不行
[36:19] There’s far worse than me. Go to them. 他们比我严重得多 去帮助他们吧
[36:22] Help them. 照顾他们
[36:47] How was this done, soldier? 这是怎么来的 士兵?
[36:51] Spear. 标枪
[36:54] But I got two of the buggers. 但是我杀了两个没种的
[36:59] Your Majesty. 陛下
[37:02] You’re very brave. 你真的很勇敢
[37:06] What shall I call you? 我该怎么称呼你?
[37:08] Glaukos, my king. Glaukos. 克劳克斯 大王
[37:12] And where’s your home? Illyria. 克劳克斯 你家在哪? 伊拉亚
[37:17] Let your body go loose. 放松你的身体
[37:23] Think of home now. 想想你的家乡
[37:25] Be brave again, Glaukos… 再勇敢一回 克劳克斯
[37:29] …and you will live on in glory. 你会活在荣耀中
[37:35] Alexander. 亚历山大
[37:47] The Persian Empire, the greatest the world had yet known… 波斯帝国 迄今为止最大的帝国
[37:51] … was destroyed. 被摧毁了
[37:58] And Alexander, at 25, was now king of all. 亚历山大25岁那年 成为了万邦之王
[38:17] If you hesitate, she will strike. 要是你迟疑不决 她就会咬你
[38:24] Yes. 对了
[38:27] They are like people. 它们和人一样
[38:30] You can love them for years. Feed them, nurture them… 即使你爱它们几十年 喂养它们 教育他们
[38:37] …but still, they can turn on you. 它们还是会背叛你
[38:50] Don’t hurt her. 别弄伤她
[38:54] Good. 好
[38:58] Now… 现在
[39:05] He calls me a barbarian. 他还叫我野蛮人
[39:08] He makes a mockery of Dionysus every night. 他每晚都在侮辱狄俄尼索斯
[39:26] Some called his mother, Queen Olympias, a sorceress… 有人说 他的母亲…奥林匹亚斯王后是个女巫
[39:30] … and said that Alexander was the child of Zeus. 有些人说亚历山大是宙斯的孩子
[39:34] Others, Dionysus. 还有些人说是狄俄尼索斯的孩子
[39:37] Women are the only ones who know Dionysus. 只有女人才了解狄俄尼索斯
[39:54] But truly, there was not a man in Macedonia who didn’t look… 看着这对父子并肩而立
[39:58] … at father and son, side by side, and wonder. 马其顿没有一个人不心生疑虑
[40:16] My little Achilles. 我的小阿喀琉斯
[40:40] Stay, Alexander, down. Down. 躺着 亚历山大 躺下 躺下
[40:45] What is it you want? 你在干什么?
[40:47] Six months. Did you miss me? 已经六个月了 你不思念我吗?
[40:49] No. Not here! Proud bitch. I’m still your king. 不 不要在这 傲慢的婊子 我是你的国王
[40:53] King of what? Sheepherders? 什么国王? 不过是一群放羊的
[41:01] I am of Achilles’ royal blood. The blood of Herakles runs in my veins. 我是神圣阿喀琉斯的后裔 身上流着赫拉克勒斯的血
[41:06] You are nothing but a drunken whore. Shut your mouth. 你不过是个醉鬼 闭嘴
[41:08] You 10-titted bitch from Hades! 你这只地狱来的母狗
[41:10] Which god could I curse to have ever laid eyes on you! 各位神灵在上 我诅咒你!
[41:15] Do you think people respect you? 你以为人们尊敬你
[41:18] You think they don’t know your bastards? 你以为他们不知道你是个杂种吗
[41:29] Damn your sorceress soul! You keep him here like one of your snakes! 你这该死的巫婆!把他像蛇一样养着
[41:33] I told you not! I told you not. 我告诉过你不准这样! 我告诉过你不准这样!
[41:36] You’ll obey me. I will not. 你必须服从我 永不
[41:39] You’ll obey me, or I’ll kill you with my own hands. 你必须服从我 不然我就亲手杀了你
[41:46] Let her go! No! Stop! Papa! 放开他!不要!爸爸
[41:53] Obey me! Your Majesty! No! 服从我! 陛下 别这样!
[41:58] In the name of the gods. 诸神在上
[42:00] He will never be yours! Never! 他永远不会是你的 永远不会!
[42:05] In my womb, I carried my avenger! 我的肚子里孕育的是我的复仇
[42:19] In the world he grew up to… 我相信 就在这样的环境下成长
[42:23] … i’ve come to believe it was in friendship that Alexander found his sanity. 亚历山大只能从朋友身上…才找到健全的心智
[42:28] You don’t need much to fight. 当你站在前线 面对北方的蛮族时
[42:32] When you’re in the front ranks of a battle, facing some Northern barbarian tribe… 你很容易就能投入战斗
[42:38] …courage won’t be in the soles of your feet, Perdiccas. 勇气并不在你的脚底 佩迪克斯
[42:43] Or in the thickness of your tunic, Philotas. 也不在你铠甲的厚度 菲洛塔斯
[42:46] Or in the lining of your stomach, Nearchus. 也不在你的肚子里 尼阿克斯
[42:49] It’s in the heart of a man. 它在一个男人的心里
[42:54] You don’t need to eat every day or until you’re full, Ptolemy. 你们不用每天吃饭 也不用每顿都吃饱 托勒密
[42:59] You don’t need to lie in bed in a morning… 等你急行军完毕后 能喝到一碗热汤
[43:02] …when you can have some good bean soup, Cassander, after a forced night march. 我们不用早上都躺在床上 喀山德
[43:07] Come on, Alexander. 上啊亚历山大
[43:09] Where’s your hunger to twist Hephaistion’s head off? 你就没有勇气…把赫菲斯提安的头扭下来吗?
[43:14] Is he stronger than you? Then beat him another way. 是否他比你强壮? 那就攻他另一面
[43:20] Who will respect you as a king? You think because of your father? 谁会尊你为国王? 你以为是你父亲?
[43:23] The first rule of war is to do what you ask your men to do. No more, no less. 战争首要原则 是让你的士兵听从你 不能多 也不能少
[43:32] Good, Hephaistion. That’s it. 太好了 赫菲斯提安 就是这样
[43:34] Well done. Good wrestling, Hephaistion. That’s what I want. 干得好 摔得真精彩 赫菲斯提安 这才是我想要的
[43:39] Come, come, come. 好了 好了
[43:41] You did well, but you lost. 你做得不错 但是你还是输了
[43:43] Now, both of you, congratulate the other. Go on. 现在你们两个人互相祝贺下 来
[43:49] Would you want me to let you win, Alexander? 要我让你赢吗 亚历山大?
[43:53] You’re right. 你没做错
[43:56] But I promise you, I will beat you one day, Hephaistion. 但我向你发誓 有天我会打败你的 赫菲斯提安
[44:06] It was said later that Alexander was never defeated… 后来有人说 亚历山大从没输过
[44:10] … except by Hephaistion’s thighs. 只败在赫菲斯提安的腿下
[44:12] Although an inferior race… 虽然波斯人是劣等民族
[44:15] …the Persians control at least four-fifths of the known world. 但他们还是控制了已知世界的4/5
[44:21] From Ethiopia and Egypt in the south… 南到埃塞俄比亚和埃及
[44:23] …to Caucasus and the two inland seas in the north… 北到高加索山脉和两个内海
[44:26] Philip brought such as Aristotle from Athens to educate our rough people. 菲利浦从雅典请来…亚历士多德这样的老师…来教导我们粗野的人民
[44:31] They rule, and we sit around like frogs. 他们教导我们像青蛙一样围坐在旁
[44:35] Master? Yes? 老师? 怎么?
[44:37] Master! Out with it! 老师! 说啊
[44:38] Why are the Persians so cruel? Oh, come on, Nearchus. 为什么波斯人那么残暴? 得了 尼阿克斯
[44:41] That is not the subject for today, Nearchus. 这不是今天的话题
[44:43] But it is true that the Oriental races are known for their barbarity… 不过东方民族的确以他们的野蛮…
[44:49] …and their slavish devotion to their senses. 和对感官的过分投入而闻名
[44:51] Which are so dull, they castrate young boys… 这还不算 他们阉割像你们一样大的幼童
[44:55] …such as yourselves, for their sexual pleasure. 就为了满足他们的色欲
[44:59] Yes. Excess in all things is the undoing of men. 是的 穷奢极欲让人毁灭
[45:04] That is why we Greeks are superior. 这就是我们希腊人更高贵的原因
[45:07] We practice control of our senses. 我们努力控制自己的欲望
[45:10] Moderation, we hope. 我们讲究的是节制
[45:12] Then what of Achilles at Troy, master? 那阿喀琉斯在特洛伊又算什么呢 老师?
[45:16] Was he not excessive? Achilles simply lacks restraint. 他不过分吗? 阿喀琉斯只是缺少约束
[45:21] He dominates others so completely that even when he withdraws from battle… 即使因为失去爱人而退出战斗
[45:25] …crazed with grief over his dead lover, Patroclus… 他仍然支配着所有人
[45:28] …he seriously endangers his own army. He is a deeply selfish man. 他将自己的部队陷入极大的危险中 他真是个极端自私的人
[45:34] Would you say the love between Achilles and Patroclus is a corrupting one? 那你能说阿喀琉斯和…帕特洛克罗斯的爱是腐朽的
[45:39] When men lie together in lust, it is a surrender to the passions… 如果男人出于性欲同床共枕 那是对情感的屈服
[45:42] …and does nothing for the excellence in us. 对我们的卓越毫无帮助
[45:46] Nor does any other excess, Cassander, jealousy among them. 其他的放纵也是如此 喀山德 嫉妒也是
[45:51] But when men lie together, and knowledge and virtue are passed between them… 但是同床共枕的男人之间…交流的是知识和美德
[45:57] …that is pure and excellent. 那就是纯粹而高尚的
[46:00] When they compete to bring out the good, the best in each other… 他们会争先引出对方最好的一面
[46:05] …this is the love between men that can build a city-state… 正是这种男人之间的爱建立城邦
[46:09] …and lift us from our frog pond. 使我们摆脱坐井观天的处境
[46:14] But can a man love a woman equally, master? 但男人能同样爱一个女人吗 老师?
[46:17] A woman? Of course not. 女人? 当然不能
[46:18] A woman is a slave to her passion, Hephaistion. 女人都是情感的奴隶 赫菲斯提安
[46:21] Oh, naturally there are exceptions, and we must honor them. 哦 一般都有例外 但我们必须尊敬她们
[46:25] Such as Pallas Athena, goddess of wisdom and war. 比如智慧和战争女神雅典娜
[46:29] But never forget, she is sprung not from the loins of Zeus, but from his mind. 但永远别忘记 她也是从…宙斯腰部出生的 而不是头部
[46:34] Now, you think on all this, my young frogs… 现在 小家伙们 你们思考下
[46:37] …for in you resides the future of Greek civilization. 希腊文明的未来
[46:42] To strive for honor is the highest purpose of all. 取得荣耀是最高目的
[46:46] To rule over our baser emotions. 控制我们的基础情感
[46:49] To follow reason, the divine part in each of you. 跟随我们非凡的部分– 理智
[46:53] Yes… 是的
[46:55] …to love excellence is truly to love the gods. 热爱卓越就是热爱神灵
[47:01] Now, will you stop distracting me? 现在 你就不要再打扰我了
[47:03] Back to geography and things that we know. 让我们回到地理和已知事物上来
[47:06] Is it possible that the source of Egypt’s mighty River Nile… 有无可能…埃及的母亲河– 尼罗河
[47:12] …could rise in these distant mountains of the outer earth? 是从这些偏远的群山中发源的?
[47:16] If so, an experienced navigator could find his way here… 如果是这样 那么有经验的航海家就能找到水道
[47:22] …by this river east, down into the great plains of India… 沿着这条河向东 深入印度的大平原
[47:27] …out into the eastern ocean at end of the world… 到达世界尽头的东大洋
[47:31] …and by this route up the Nile… 再沿这条路线从尼罗河北上
[47:36] …back to Egypt, into the Middle Sea and home to Greece. 回到埃及 再进入地中海回到希腊
[47:42] Now, if only these frogs could look outward… 只要你们这些孩子…肯放眼看看外面的世界
[47:46] …and act on their favored position at the center… 在中央履行自己选择的职务
[47:50] …Greece could rule the world. 希腊就能统治世界
[47:52] Why is it, master, in myth, these lands you speak of are known? 老师 为什么在神话里…你提到的地方都是已知的?
[47:59] India, where Herakles and Dionysus traveled. 赫拉克勒斯和狄俄尼索斯都去过印度
[48:04] All these men who went east, Theseus, Jason, Achilles, were victorious. 所有去过东方的人 忒修斯…伊阿宋阿喀琉斯都是成功者
[48:10] From generation to generation, their stories have been passed on. 他们的故事世世代代都在流传
[48:14] Why? Unless there was truth to them? 为什么? 除非其中包含着真相
[48:17] Tales of Amazons? Minotaurs, Gorgons, Icarus flying into the sun? No, Alexander. 亚马孙的传说? 弥诺陶洛斯? 梅杜萨? 伊卡罗斯飞向太阳?
[48:23] Only common people believe these tales, as they believe most anything. 不 亚历山大 只有普通人才会…相信这些传说 因为他们什么都信
[48:27] We are here precisely to educate ourselves against such foolish passions. 我们现在要通过教育摆脱这种愚昧
[48:32] But if we are superior to the Persians, as you say, why do we not rule them? 但是按你所说 我们比波斯人高等 为什么我们不能统治他们
[48:37] It is It has always been our Greek dream to go east. 希腊人一直梦想着去东方
[48:42] My father long wants it. 你的父亲长久以来也是如此
[48:45] The East has a way of swallowing men and their dreams. 东方会吞噬人们和他们的梦想
[48:51] But still, to think it’s these myths that lead us forward to the greatest glory… 但是 想到正是这些神话…带领我们实现最伟大的荣耀
[48:57] …why is it wrong to act on them? 那实现它们又有什么错误呢?
[49:00] I can only warn you, not teach you. 我只能警示你 不能教导你
[49:04] Beware of what you dream for. 对你梦想的东西要警惕
[49:08] The gods have a way of punishing such pride. 神灵会惩罚这种自大
[49:22] And growing more ambitious, he now planned the invasion of Persia. 他现在更加雄心万丈 计划着攻打波斯
[49:33] The best you can do, Cleitus? Back to the phalanx with you, I’ll ride him myself. 你就只能做到这样 克雷塔斯? 回队伍里去 我亲自来驯服它
[49:37] No one will ride that beast, Your Majesty. 没人能上那畜牲的背 陛下
[49:40] Not with your leg. 你当然不行
[49:43] He’s been beaten far too often. 他弹跳得太厉害
[49:46] My noble king, he’s a high-spirited animal, yes. 高贵的国王 它是只性格高傲的动物 当然了
[49:49] High-spirited and worthy of Philip of Macedon. 高傲才配得上马其顿的菲利浦
[49:53] For three and a half talents… 三个半塔兰特
[49:55] …I couldn’t make a profit on him, but for you- 因为是你 我可是一分钱也没赚
[49:58] Why would I want such a beast? I already have a wife. 为什么我非要这样一匹畜牲 有我老婆还不够吗?
[50:03] Do I seem so old? 我看起来很老吗
[50:11] Stay down, stay down. Hold him! 镇定 镇定 拉住他!
[50:28] A broken neck comes free. He’s too nervous for battle. Sell him for meat. 骑它肯定会摔断脖子的 它没上过战场把它卖给屠夫吧
[50:33] Buy him for me, Father. I’ll ride him. 替我买下它吧 父亲 我要骑它
[50:41] And if you don’t? 如果你不能呢?
[50:42] I’ll pay for him myself. With what, your singing voice? 我自己付钱 用什么付? 你的歌喉?
[50:46] I’ll pay you! 我会还你的
[50:48] I tell you, that horse can’t be ridden, lad. His mind is broken. 我说这匹马肯定不能骑 小伙子 它是疯的
[50:54] He can be ridden. By me. 它可以驯服的 我就能
[50:57] If you can rule that horse, I’ll make him yours… 如果你能做到 我就买下它
[51:00] …at half the price. 一半价钱
[51:02] That horse will kill him, Philip. 那匹马会害死他的 菲利浦
[51:05] He’ll break the boy in two. Will he? 它会把那孩子摔成两半 它能?
[51:07] Perhaps she’ll make a musician out of him yet. 也许它会让他变成个乐师
[51:25] You don’t like your shadow, do you? 你不喜欢自己的影子 是不是?
[51:29] It’s like a dark spirit coming up to get you. 就像黑暗精灵要向你扑来
[51:33] Do you see? That’s us. 你能看见吗? 是我们两个
[51:38] It’s just a trick of Apollo’s. 这是阿波罗的诡计
[51:41] He’s the god of the sun. 他是太阳神
[51:48] But I’ll show you how to outwit him, you and me together. 我会教你怎么战胜他 我们两个一起就行
[52:03] The boy doesn’t have the craft, Philip. He could hurt himself. 那孩子甚至没带工具 菲利浦 他会受伤的
[52:06] He’ll have to figure that out for himself. It’s time. 他得自己吃点苦头才会学到教训 是时候了
[52:11] Good idea. 好主意
[52:13] Indeed there are times, Philip, when I wonder if he is your blood. 我真怀疑他是不是你的血脉
[52:16] I only worry that What was that, Attalus? 我只担心 怎么了?
[52:19] Nothing. 没什么
[52:20] I was just noticing how the people like seeing you and Eurydice together. 我注意到你和欧律狄克在一起时…人们看你们的眼神
[52:29] You go, boy! 你上 孩子
[52:32] You ride that horse and by Zeus I say, you can rule the world. 你要是能驯服这匹马 那宙斯在上 你肯定能统治这个世界
[53:00] Bucephalus. 布赛佛勒斯
[53:02] That’s what I’ll call you. Strong and stubborn. 这是我给你起的名字 强大而坚定
[53:09] Bucephalus and Alexander. 布赛佛勒斯和亚历山大
[53:14] Come now, let’s ride together. 来吧 我们一起冲
[53:50] He’s got some Titan in him yet. 他和泰坦差不多!
[53:52] Attalus! Cleitus! For Zeus’ sake, he beat you, man! 阿特拉斯 克雷塔斯 宙斯在上 他打败你们了
[54:02] Now, Bucephalus, show them. 现在 布赛佛勒斯 让他们看看
[54:38] My son. 我的儿子!
[54:40] My son! 我的儿子!
[54:53] You remember Prometheus… 你记得普罗米修斯吗?
[54:55] …who stole the secret of fire and gave it to man. 那个偷走了火种 送给人类的男人
[54:59] It made Zeus so angry… 宙斯大发雷霆
[55:02] …he chained Prometheus to a rock in the great Caucasus… 把普罗米修斯用锁链…捆在高加索山的悬崖上
[55:05] …and each day, his eagle pecked out the poor man’s liver. 每天 他的鹰都会来啄食 这可怜人的肝脏
[55:10] Each night, it grew back again so that it could be eaten the next day. 每天晚上它又会长出来 好在第二天接着让鹰来吃
[55:15] Miserable fate. 多么悲惨的命运
[55:18] Oedipus tore out his eyes when he found out… 俄狄浦斯刺瞎双眼
[55:23] …he’d murdered his father… 当他发现自己杀害了父亲
[55:26] …and married his mother. Knowledge that came too late. 娶了母亲 知晓得太晚了
[55:31] Jason… 伊阿松
[55:34] …he went east and brought back the Golden Fleece… 他远征东方 带回金羊毛
[55:37] …and married a barbarian wife, Medea. 娶了一个蛮族老婆美狄亚
[55:40] Later, when he left her for a younger wife… 后来 他为了个更年轻的老婆 抛弃了她
[55:45] …Medea slaughtered their two children in vengeance. 为了报复 美狄亚撕碎了他们的两个孩子
[56:01] My mother would never hurt me. 我的母亲才不会伤害我
[56:11] It’s never easy to escape our mothers, Alexander. 亚历山大 我们都很难逃脱自己的母亲
[56:15] All your life, beware of women. They’re far more dangerous than men. 你一辈子都要小心女人 她们比男人更可怕
[56:29] I’m sure you remember Achilles from Tales of Troy. 你一定记得特洛伊的阿喀琉斯
[56:32] He’s my favorite. Why? 他是我最崇拜的英雄 为什么
[56:35] Because he loved Patroclus and avenged his death. 因为他爱帕特洛克罗斯 而且为他的死报了仇
[56:40] Because he lived without fear, and slew Hector. 因为他生而无畏 宰掉了赫克托耳
[56:43] Some say he was a hotheaded fool… 有人说他是个狂躁的傻瓜
[56:45] …who fought for himself and not the Greeks. 只为自己而战 而不是为了希腊
[56:47] But he was a hero, the greatest at Troy. 但他是个英雄 特洛伊最伟大的英雄
[56:51] And his fate? 他的命运呢?
[56:52] That he must die young but with great glory. 他必定英年早逝 但会取得巨大荣耀
[56:57] Did he have a choice? 他有别的选择吗?
[56:59] Oh, yes. He could have a long life, but there would be no glory. 有的 他可以长寿 但是没有荣耀
[57:08] You dream of glory, Alexander. Your mother encourages you. 亚历山大 你母亲鼓励你荣耀
[57:12] There’s no glory without suffering, and this she will not allow. 但不经过磨难是得不到荣耀的 她终有一天会自食其果
[57:16] She makes you weak. 她会让我软弱
[57:20] The gods have never made it easy for man. 神灵从来不会轻易放过人类
[57:22] Look, Herakles. 看 赫拉克勒斯
[57:28] Even after he accomplished his 12 labors… 尽管他完成了十二项任务
[57:33] …he was punished with madness, slaughtered his three children. 还是因为在疯狂中…杀死自己的三个孩子而受到惩罚
[57:39] Poor Herakles. 可怜的赫拉克勒斯
[57:43] Great Herakles. 伟大的赫拉克勒斯
[57:45] All greatness comes from loss. 一切伟大必定来自牺牲
[57:48] Even you, the gods will one day judge harshly. 即使是你…有一天 诸神也会做出苛刻的裁断
[57:54] When I’m king like you, Father? 当我成为你一样的国王 父亲?
[57:56] Don’t rush the day, boy. You risk all. 不要让那天过早来临 你会赌上一切
[58:01] My father threw me into battle before I knew how to fight. 我父亲在我还不懂怎么战斗的时候 就把我扔进战场
[58:06] When I killed my first man, he said: 我杀掉第一个人的时候他对我说:
[58:08] “Now you know.” “现在 你懂了”
[58:11] I hated him then, but I understand why now. 当时我恨他 可我现在明白了
[58:15] A king isn’t born, Alexander. 国王不是天生的 亚历山大
[58:18] He’s made by steel and by suffering. 是靠磨难和钢铁造就的
[58:23] A king must know how to hurt those he loves. 一个国王必须懂得怎样伤害他爱的人
[58:31] It’s lonely. Ask Herakles. 很寂寞 问问赫拉克勒斯就知道了
[58:34] Ask any of them. Fate is cruel. 问问他们中间任何一个 命运是残酷的
[58:39] No man or woman can be too powerful or too beautiful without disaster befalling. 没有一个男人或女人…会因为强大或美貌就免于灾祸
[58:45] They laugh when you rise too high and crush everything you’ve built with a whim. 它们会在你得意时…大笑 会一时意气地毁掉你的一切
[58:52] What glory they give, in the end, they take away. 它们给你的荣耀 最终又会夺走
[58:57] They make of us slaves. 它们使我们成为奴隶
[59:16] Truth is in our hearts, and none will tell you this but your father. 真相存于我们心间 除了你父亲 没人会告诉你
[59:21] Men hate the gods. 人类憎恨神灵
[59:25] The only reason we worship any of them is because we fear worse. 我们膜拜他们的唯一原因 只是因为我们更害怕他们
[59:31] What’s worse? 什么是更差的?
[59:33] The Titans. 泰坦
[59:35] If they were ever to be set free… 如果他们一旦得到自由
[59:37] …it would be a darkness such as we have never seen before. 我们将见到前所未见的黑暗
[59:41] Could they ever come back? 他们会回来吗
[59:44] Can Zeus imprison the Titans forever under Mount Olympus? 宙斯能把泰坦…永远镇压在奥林匹亚山下吗?
[59:47] It’s said that when Zeus burned them to dust with his lightning bolt… 据说 宙斯用光明弩箭…将他们烧成灰烬的时候
[59:53] …they took the Titans’ ashes and, in a cold revenge… 他们带走了泰坦的骨灰
[59:56] …mixed it with those of mortal men. 出于冷血报复将它和人类混合
[59:58] Why? 为什么?
[1:00:04] Who knows these things? 谁知道呢
[1:00:07] One day, things will change. 有天 事情会改变的
[1:00:11] Men will change. 人类会改变的
[1:00:13] But first, the gods must change. 但还是神灵先改变
[1:00:22] But all this you’ll forget, Alexander. 但是你不会记得这些的 亚历山大
[1:00:26] That’s why we call them myths. 这就是我们称其为”神话”的东西
[1:00:30] We can’t bear to remember them. 我们不忍记住这些
[1:00:32] I’ll remember. 我会记住的
[1:00:34] And one day, I’ll be on walls like these. 总有一天 我也会像他们一样出现在墙上
[1:00:45] Alexander once said to me: 亚历山大曾经对我说:
[1:00:48] “We are most alone when we are with the myths.” “我们和神话相随的时候” “我们是最孤独的”
[1:00:53] Phalanx! 列队!
[1:00:56] And thus, it came to pass in a dream… 就这样子 渐渐消逝在梦中
[1:00:59] … as mythical to all Greeks as Achilles defeating the Trojans. 就像阿喀琉斯…在特洛伊的失败一样是个谜
[1:01:04] At this one glorious moment in time… 在这个光荣的时刻
[1:01:07] … Alexander was loved by all. 亚历山大赢得了所有人的爱
[1:01:13] But in the end, i believe Babylon was a far easier mistress to enter… 到了最后 我终于相信 巴比伦是个太容易征服…
[1:01:18] … than she was to leave. 却难以离开的荡妇
[1:02:12] Sikander! Sikander! 斯坎达 斯坎达
[1:02:39] Aristotle may have called them barbarians, but he never saw Babylon. 亚里士多德叫他们蛮族 但他从没见过巴比伦
[1:02:45] We have enough gold here to support three generations of Macedonian armies. 这里的黄金够马其顿军队活三辈子
[1:02:50] And Macedonia would soon corrupt, Cassander. 马其顿会很快腐朽的 喀山德
[1:02:53] Wealth in great quantities brings the crows. Not for the men who fought, I trust. 太多财富会引来乌鸦 对战斗的人来说 可不是这样
[1:02:59] We’ll pay them well, Antigonus, but not as mercenaries for future services. 我们会好好犒赏他们 但为了将来 不能把他们变成雇佣军
[1:03:03] Now you sound like Philip. 你的口气像菲利浦
[1:03:06] Philip never saw Babylon. 菲利浦从没见过巴比伦
[1:03:08] No, he didn’t, Hephaistion. 对 他没见过 赫菲斯提安
[1:03:12] Hello! Hello! 你好! 你好!
[1:03:14] Alexander, I know you think me a stiff old sod… 亚历山大 我知道你觉得我是个老顽固
[1:03:18] …but whatever our differences, know this day… 可不管我们有什么分歧 你要知道
[1:03:20] …your father would be very proud of you. 今天 你父亲会为你感到非常自豪
[1:03:26] Thank you, Parmenion. 谢谢 帕曼纽
[1:03:28] I ask you to forgive me my own anger, my pride. 我也要请你原谅我的怒火和傲慢
[1:03:33] They, too, blind me. 它们蒙蔽了我的双眼
[1:03:39] A magnicifent mainland work from the last century. 这了不起的杰作来自上世纪
[1:03:43] The golden age, Alexander. Worth much to Athens and to our alliances. 黄金时代 亚历山大 对雅典和其他联盟有极大价值
[1:03:48] Take back what is ours… 把属于我们的东西带走
[1:03:51] …but spare what belongs to the Persians. 但是把属于波斯的留下
[1:03:57] Yes. We’re the richest men to walk the earth, my friends. 是的 我们是世界上最有钱的人了 我的朋友们
[1:04:03] Not if you keep giving it all away. The grandsons of goat herders… 如果你别把它们都送出去的话 牧羊人的孙子…
[1:04:08] …we now rule 2 million square miles. 统治了两百万平方英里土地
[1:04:13] But… 但是…
[1:04:15] None of you fear that this great fortune may drive us all to destruction. 可你们就没一个害怕…这笔横财…可能把我们都毁掉吗?
[1:04:21] You overvalue us. 你把我们看得太高了
[1:04:23] For as long as Darius breathes, he is the legitimate king of Asia… 只要大流士还有一口气在 他就是亚洲的正统君王
[1:04:27] …and I but the king of air. 我不过是个空架子
[1:04:29] But he has no power, Alexander. He’s lost in the mountains with no army. 可他没有力量了 亚历山大 他逃进深山 连军队都没有
[1:04:34] As long as he’s lost, Philotas, he can be believed in. 只要他躲着 菲洛塔斯 就还会有人信奉他
[1:04:38] Only when he’s found will it be decided. 只有找到他才能结束
[1:04:43] It seems you’ve already made up your mind. 看来你已经下定决心了 亚历山大
[1:04:45] We must finish what we failed to do at Gaugamela. 我们一定要完成…在高加米拉没有做到的事
[1:04:48] We must hunt Darius down. 就算天涯海角我们也要追到大流士
[1:04:50] That was not your father’s mission. And I am not my father. 你父亲不会赞同的 我不是我父亲
[1:04:57] Come on. Have you so quickly forgotten? 得了 难道你这么快就忘了?
[1:04:59] Fortune favors the bold. 天佑勇者
[1:05:05] No wonder Darius fled when he had this to come back to. 难怪大流士跑了 他还打算回来享受这个呢
[1:05:08] One for every night of the year. 一年可以每天换一个
[1:05:38] How will I go back to Lysimache after this? 见过这个…我还怎么回到月神身边去?
[1:05:40] I advise you not to touch, Leonnatus. Here, I’ll take care of it for you. 我建议你不要碰 我来帮你解决
[1:06:03] Aristotle was perhaps prescient. 亚里士多德也许预见到了
[1:06:09] Do these images fool us with their beauty and degrade our souls? 这些绮丽景象会使我们的灵魂堕落
[1:06:43] Bagoas, great king. Darius’ boy. 大帝 巴高斯 大流士的男孩
[1:06:47] Bagoas. Nicely gilded, Your Majesty. 巴高斯 陛下 阉割得不错吧
[1:06:52] Most successful. He was certainly one of the great king’s favorites. 这是最成功的 他是皇帝最宠爱的
[1:07:00] How old? Is great well with the years. 有多大了? 好多年来都保持着美貌
[1:07:06] What are you now, Bagoas? Eighteen, 19? 你多大了 巴高斯? 18还是19?
[1:07:10] Where does he come from? The north, sire. 他从哪里来? 北方 大人
[1:07:15] From the hills near Susa. 苏萨附近的山区
[1:07:17] You speak our language. 你会说我们的语言
[1:07:19] Good. I’d like to learn yours. Is learnable, my lord. 很好 我也想学习你们的语言 很好学 陛下
[1:07:36] So tell me, Bagoas… 那告诉我 巴高斯
[1:07:39] …do my eyes betray me or do you wish to be set free… 我的眼睛…出卖了我的心
[1:07:42] …to go back to your homeland? 不过你可以回家重获自由
[1:07:48] All my family’s long dead, great king. 我的家人死去很久了 大帝
[1:07:51] With your permission, I will stay on. 如果你允许 我会留下
[1:07:58] Very well then, Bagoas. 很好 巴高斯
[1:08:01] Ptolemy, administer this. 托勒密 你来负责
[1:08:06] And that’s the same of every person in the harem, woman and eunuch. 我的话对后宫所有女人和太监都适用
[1:08:10] Whoever wishes to be sent home to their families, let them. 愿意回家去的人 让他们走
[1:08:14] What? 什么?
[1:08:15] Hear that, boys? He set us free. 听见了吗 小伙子们? 他解放我们了
[1:08:52] Great King Alexander. 亚历山大大帝
[1:08:58] The princess of the thousand roses… 千朵玫瑰之公主
[1:09:01] …and eldest daughter of the formerly Great King Darius… 前王大流士的大女儿
[1:09:05] …Stateira. 斯塔蒂娜
[1:09:08] Noble Alexander… 尊贵的亚历山大
[1:09:17] …I come to beg for the lives… 我来求您给我的姐妹
[1:09:20] …of my sisters… 我来求您给我的姐妹
[1:09:23] …my mother, my grandmother. 我的母亲我的祖母放一条生路
[1:09:30] You are not wrong, Princess Stateira. 你没错 斯塔蒂娜公主
[1:09:34] He, too, is Alexander. 他也是亚历山大
[1:09:40] Please. 求您
[1:09:43] I plead for my family’s lives. 我求您放过我的家人
[1:09:48] Sell me as a slave, great king, but Look now… 把我卖为奴隶吧 大帝
[1:09:51] …in my eyes… 看着我的眼睛
[1:09:54] …princess… 公主殿下
[1:09:57] …and tell me… 告诉我
[1:09:59] …how would you like to be treated? 您希望得到怎样的待遇?
[1:10:04] As I am… 按我的身份
[1:10:07] …a princess. 公主身份
[1:10:12] Then so be it. 那么这样吧
[1:10:15] You and your family shall be treated as my family. 您和您的家人将会得到…和我的家人一样的待遇
[1:10:21] You shall live in this palace as long as you choose. 您在这宫殿里愿住多久就住多久
[1:10:25] Have you any other requests for me, my noble princess? 您对我还有别的请求吗? 尊贵的公主?
[1:10:31] No. 不
[1:10:33] Everything I wish… 我希望的一切
[1:10:37] …I have requested. 我已经请求过了
[1:10:40] You truly are… 您确实
[1:10:42] …a queen. 像一位王后
[1:10:51] Yes, she would be a perfect match for you… 是的 她绝对配得上你
[1:10:54] … but you do nothing. 可你却什么也没做
[1:10:56] Three months you’ve been in Babylon and leave me in Pella… 你已经在巴比伦呆了3个月 却把我扔在佩拉
[1:11:00] … at the mercy of your enemies, of which you have many. 由于你众多的敌人都没来惹事生非
[1:11:04] Antipater, accustomed now to the power that you have given him. 安提帕特现在对你…分给他的职位已经习惯了
[1:11:08] I must watch him grow stronger. 任由你众多的敌人摆布
[1:11:18] I’m certain that he communicates secretly with Parmenion, who is dangerous. 我肯定他正在暗地联络帕曼纽 他们都是危险人物
[1:11:23] But beware, most of all, of those closest to you. 和你最亲近的人也要保持警惕
[1:11:26] They are like snakes… 他们就像蛇
[1:11:29] … and can be turned. 可能会反噬
[1:11:30] General Crateros. 格雷塔斯将军
[1:11:35] Cassander is Antipater’s son. 喀山德是安提培特的儿子
[1:11:39] Even Cleitus, your father’s favorite… 你甚至还要小心你父亲…最宠爱的克雷塔斯
[1:11:43] … and Ptolemy, your friend, yes. 托勒密是你的朋友没错
[1:11:46] But beware of men who think too much. 可是要当心那些心眼太多的人
[1:11:49] They blind themselves. 他们可能被自己蒙蔽
[1:11:54] Only Hephaistion do I leave out. 只有赫菲斯提安我可以不考虑
[1:11:58] But all of them you make rich… 可是你让这些人都发了财
[1:12:01] … while your mother and yourself, you leave in generous poverty. 却让你妈妈我和你自己过苦日子
[1:12:07] Why won’t you ever believe me? 为什么你就不相信我呢?
[1:12:10] It is only a dark mind like mine that can know these secrets of the heart. 只有像我这样阴暗的头脑 才能了解人心的秘密
[1:12:16] For they are dark, Alexander. 因为人心本来就是黑暗的
[1:12:19] So dark. 如此黑暗
[1:12:22] But in you, the son of Zeus… 但是你– 宙斯的儿子
[1:12:26] … lies the light of the world. 你的心就像光辉照耀着大地
[1:12:29] Your companions will be shadows in the underworld… 你的同伴就像地下的阴影
[1:12:33] …when you are a name living forever in history as the most glorious… 当你的名字永垂史册 闪耀着最辉煌 最激励人的光辉
[1:12:39] …shining light of youth, forever young, forever inspiring. 永远青春 永不消失
[1:12:42] Never will there be an Alexander like you. 再不会有第二个亚历山大出现
[1:12:46] Alexander the Great. 亚历山大大帝
[1:12:49] Remember, bring me to Babylon as you promised. 记得你曾承诺我 带我去巴比伦
[1:12:53] I can only help you, for they know if they harm you… 我只会帮你 因为如果他们敢伤害你
[1:12:56] … they will face my wrath, as Queen of Babylon. 就要面对我…巴比伦女王的怒火
[1:13:02] It’s a high ransom she charges for nine months’ lodging in the womb. 为了我在她肚里借住的九个月 她收取的租金可真高
[1:13:06] Bring her, Alexander. 带她来吧 亚历山大
[1:13:08] It’ll give her such joy. Joy? 让她高兴一下 高兴?
[1:13:12] When I’m the cracked mirror of her dreams? 我只会让她梦想破灭
[1:13:18] Stay with me tonight, Hephaistion. 今晚跟我待在一起 赫菲斯提安
[1:13:27] I’ll take my own bath. 我自己沐浴
[1:13:30] Thank you, Bagoas. 谢谢你 巴高斯
[1:13:40] What bothers you? 你怎么了?
[1:13:43] I see in her everything I fear. 在她身上我看到自己所有的恐惧
[1:13:47] Yet I have no idea what it is, this fear. 而且我不清楚那都是什么
[1:13:57] She was always so sure I was born of Zeus. 她对于我是宙斯的儿子如此执着
[1:14:01] Why, Hephaistion? 为什么? 赫菲斯提安
[1:14:05] I think there are things beyond our imagining… 我觉得世上总有超出想象的事 比如光明
[1:14:11] …like the lightning, tales of strange conceptions. 比如奇异的传言
[1:14:17] I don’t doubt it. 我从不怀疑
[1:14:20] What is being told me? 那你告诉我
[1:14:22] What destiny do we-? Do I have? 我们的命运我的命运是…?
[1:14:28] Well, if I’m Patroclus, I die first. 如果我是帕特洛克罗斯 我会先死
[1:14:33] Then you, Achilles. 然后 你– 阿喀琉斯
[1:14:42] The generals are upset. 将领们都很不安
[1:14:46] They question your obsession with Darius. 不知道为什么你对大流士这么执着
[1:14:50] They say it was never meant for you to be king of Asia. 他们说你做亚细亚之王没什么意义
[1:14:53] Naturally. 很正常
[1:14:55] They want only to return to their homes, rich with gold. But I’ve seen the future. 他们只想带着大笔黄金回家 可我看到了未来 赫菲斯提安
[1:14:59] I’ve seen it now 1000 times, on 1000 faces. 我一千次地看到它 每一次都不同
[1:15:03] These people want… 这些人民想要
[1:15:06] Need change. 需要改变
[1:15:09] Aristotle was wrong about them. How so? 亚里士多德误解了他们 怎么?
[1:15:14] Look at those we’ve conquered. 看看这些我们征服的人
[1:15:16] They leave their dead unburied. 他们让死去的人暴尸荒野
[1:15:18] They smash their enemies’ skulls and drink them as dust. 他们敲开敌人的头骨当杯子用
[1:15:21] They mate in public. 他们在大庭广众之下性交
[1:15:23] What can they think or sing or write when none can read? 既然他们没人识字 又怎么可能思考歌唱写作?
[1:15:28] But as Alexander’s army, they can go where they never thought possible. 可作为亚历山大的部队 他们可以到从没想过的地方去
[1:15:33] They can soldier or work in the cities. 他们可以成为士兵 在城市里工作
[1:15:36] The Alexandrias, from Egypt to the outer ocean. 从埃及到海边的亚历山大城
[1:15:41] We could connect these lands, Hephaistion… 赫菲斯提安 我们可以把这些土地…
[1:15:44] …and the people. 和人民都连成一片
[1:15:45] Some say these Alexandrias have become extensions of Alexander himself. 有人说 这些亚历山大城…正成为亚历山大本人的延伸
[1:15:52] They draw people into the cities to make slaves of them. 人们被赶进这些城里当奴隶
[1:15:55] But we freed them, Hephaistion, from the Persia where everyone lived as slaves. 可我们从波斯统治下解放了他们 原本在波斯居住的每个人都是奴隶
[1:16:01] To free the people of the world… 解放全世界的人民
[1:16:05] …such would be beyond the glory of Achilles, beyond Herakles… 这光荣将会超越阿喀琉斯…超越赫拉克勒斯
[1:16:10] …a feat to rival Prometheus… 可以和普罗米修斯相媲美
[1:16:13] …who was always a friend to man. 他一直是人类的朋友
[1:16:16] Remember the fates of these heroes. 你要记住这些英雄的命运
[1:16:18] They suffered greatly. We all suffer. 他们饱经巨大的苦难 我们也在受难
[1:16:23] Your father, mine. 你父亲我父亲…
[1:16:27] They all came to the end of their time. 他们的时代都结束了
[1:16:30] And in the end, when it’s over, all that matters is what you’ve done. 一切结束时 重要的是你做了什么
[1:16:35] You once said, “The fear of death drives all men.” 你曾说过:死亡的恐惧驱迫着所有人
[1:16:40] Are there no other forces? 就没有其它力量了吗?
[1:16:43] Is there not love in your life… 你的人生中没有爱吗?
[1:16:48] …Alexander? 亚历山大?
[1:16:53] What would you do if you ever reached the end of the world? 如果你真的到达了世界的尽头…你还能做什么?
[1:17:00] I’d turn back and conquer its opposite. 我就回过头来 征服另一半
[1:17:08] I wonder sometimes if it’s not your mother you run from. 有时我真怀疑 你是否在逃避你母亲
[1:17:14] So many years, so many miles between you. 你逃了这么多年 这么远的路
[1:17:20] What is it you fear? 到底在害怕什么?
[1:17:23] Who knows these things? 谁知道
[1:17:27] When I was a child, my mother thought me divine. My father, weak. 我小时候 我母亲认为我非凡 我父亲却觉得我软弱
[1:17:35] Which am I, Hephaistion? 我是哪种人 赫菲斯提安
[1:17:38] Weak or divine? 非凡还是软弱?
[1:17:43] All I know is… 我只知道
[1:17:45] …I trust only you in this world. 在这世上我只信任你
[1:17:49] I’ve missed you. 我思念你
[1:17:51] I need you. 我需要你
[1:17:55] It is you I love, Hephaistion. 我爱的人是你 赫菲斯提安
[1:17:59] No other. 不是别人
[1:18:05] You’re everything I care for… 你就是我关心的一切
[1:18:08] …and by the sweet breath of Aphrodite… 阿佛洛狄忒的甜蜜气息为证
[1:18:12] …l’m so jealous of losing you to this world you want. 我非常嫉妒你想要的世界会夺走你
[1:18:16] You’ll never lose me, Hephaistion. 你永远不会失去我 赫菲斯提安
[1:18:19] I’ll be with you always. 我会永远和你在一起
[1:18:23] Till the end. 直到最后
[1:18:38] The campaign in the northeast of Persia… 波斯东北部的战斗
[1:18:41] … turned into a hard guerrilla war of almost three years. 演变成为持续近三年的艰苦游击战
[1:18:48] We chased Darius towards Bactria… 我们把大流士赶到大夏
[1:18:51] … but missed taking him by hours. 但是就差一点点就抓住他
[1:18:57] He was dying when we found him, sire. 我们找到他时…他已经快死了 陛下
[1:19:00] He asked for water. 他向我们要水喝
[1:19:02] He drank and died. 喝了水就死了
[1:19:11] The Great King Darius had been betrayed by his own commanders. 大流士大帝死在自己的指挥官手上
[1:19:44] Fully honoring his corpse… 厚葬他的尸体以后
[1:19:46] … Alexander hunted down these commanders into unknown lands… 亚历山大追赶着那些指挥官…进入未知地域
[1:19:52] … crossing even beyond the River Oxus into Sogdia. 甚至渡过奥克苏斯河 进入了索格地亚纳
[1:20:01] We fought them as far as the unknown steppes of Scythia… 我们最远在锡西厄和他们作战
[1:20:06] … where only legendary heroes had once trod. 那是只有传说中的英雄到过的地方
[1:20:09] The surveyors told us we were now on the borders of where Europe and Asia meet. 侦查兵说我们…到了欧洲和亚洲的交界处
[1:20:15] In fact, we were totally lost. 实际上 我们完全迷失了方向
[1:20:20] Here, Alexander founded his 10th Alexandria… 亚历山大在这里…建立了第十座亚历山大城
[1:20:23] … and settled it with veterans, their women and any who would dare the frontier life. 安置了老兵他们的女人…和那些敢于镇守边防的人
[1:20:29] Unable to accept defeat in any form… 由于不能接受任何形式的失败
[1:20:32] … Alexander persisted in breaking every tribe that resisted… 亚历山大坚持要击败…任何一个抵抗的部落
[1:20:37] … until the day he received the head of his last enemy who’d surrendered. 直到有一天 他收到了最后一个…投降的敌军头目的人头
[1:20:46] For Alexander, there could be no pretender to the throne of Asia… 在亚历山大看来…亚洲的王位不容有人觊觎
[1:20:51] … which now included all of Sogdia and Bactria. 这包括了索格地亚纳和大夏地区
[1:20:58] It was here that he made one of his most mysterious decisions. (大夏 巴克特里亚)
[1:21:06] Ten years after his mother’s insistence he marry a Macedonian… 十年来 他母亲一直催促他…娶一位马其顿淑女 结果…
[1:21:11] Through our union… 通过我们的联姻…
[1:21:13] …Greek and barbarian… 希腊人与蛮族…
[1:21:16] …may be reconciled in peace. 将共享和平
[1:21:18] … the most powerful man in the world took a girl of no political significance. 世界上权力最大的男人…娶了一个没什么政治背景的女子
[1:21:29] Why? 为什么?
[1:21:31] Some say it was for alliance with the tribes. 有人说是为了和部落结盟
[1:21:37] Others, the desire for a successor. 有人说是为了满足成功的欲望
[1:21:41] And yet others said Alexander truly fell in love. 有人说亚历山大陷入了真正的恋爱
[1:21:48] Who Roxane really was… 罗克珊娜是什么样的人
[1:21:50] … i doubt that any of us ever saw further than the pools of those black eyes. 我们中间没有一个人…看透过她那双深潭般的眼睛
[1:21:57] On this glorious occasion… 在这辉煌的时刻
[1:22:01] …I toast this great army that has given so much. 我提议为我们伟大军队干杯 他们作出了太多贡献
[1:22:04] And in honor of them, those of you who set out with us seven long years ago… 为了向你们中间…从七年前就跟随我们的人表示敬意
[1:22:09] …I pronounce all your debts paid forthwith from the royal treasury. 我宣布 将用国库的钱…为你们偿还所有债务
[1:22:15] Praise Alexander! 亚历山大万岁!
[1:22:21] And in honor of my bride… 为了向我的新娘表示敬意
[1:22:26] …my beautiful bride… 我美丽的新娘
[1:22:29] …we recognize the many women who’ve shared the long road with us… 我们会承认和我们共同度过…这漫漫征程的妇女们
[1:22:34] …and grant them dowries befitting a proper marriage. 赋予她们体面的婚姻和相当的嫁妆
[1:22:46] And what about our boys? 那我们的男孩们呢?
[1:22:49] And lastly… 最后
[1:22:51] …lastly, the gods demand no less of us… 最后 诸神要求我们
[1:22:54] …that your children be given a proper Greek education… 至少在我们的保护下 你们的孩子将会得到…
[1:22:57] …and military training under our protection… 体面的希腊式教育和军事训练
[1:23:02] …so as to be the new soldiers of our kingdom… 作为我们帝国将来在亚洲的新士兵
[1:23:07] …in Asia. 作为新士兵
[1:23:25] Your father must be turning in his grave. After all this time, a hill chief’s daughter. 你父亲在坟墓里肯定也不能安息的 到头来 居然是一个蛮族头头的女儿
[1:23:31] You call this tribal wedding legitimate? 这种乡下婚礼 你能称其为合法婚姻?
[1:23:33] Do you forget my father took a barbarian as his queen? 你忘了我父亲也娶了一个蛮族王后?
[1:23:36] Yes, but few would call it a profoundly happy marriage. 是的 但没人说那桩婚姻幸福美满
[1:23:40] But what’s the point, Alexander? She’s your captive. 问题是 亚历山大 她是个俘虏
[1:23:43] Just take her as your concubine. 让她当你的情妇吧
[1:23:45] Because I want a son. Damn you, Philotas. 因为我想要个儿子 见你的鬼 菲洛塔斯
[1:23:48] Then half your nobles have sisters who’d make fine Macedonian mothers. 那你的贵族们一半都有姐妹 能成为优秀的马其顿母亲
[1:23:54] To take an Asian as my queen, not a captive… 让一个亚洲人做我的王后 而不是俘虏
[1:23:57] …is a sign of respect for our subjects. 这表示我尊重我们的臣民
[1:23:59] It will bring us together, unify us. 这能促进我们的统一
[1:24:02] Which is not to say I won’t take a Macedonian. 并不表示我将来…不会再娶一个马其顿妻子
[1:24:04] As a second wife? You insult Macedonia. 作为侧室? 这是对马其顿的侮辱
[1:24:08] Never will our people accept this girl’s son as king. 我们的人民永远不会承认…她的儿子是国王
[1:24:12] They’ll be angry enough to find out their husbands all have second wives in Barbaria. 发现自己的丈夫全娶了蛮族老婆 他们已经够生气了
[1:24:17] Then they’ll learn! 那他们会学着接受
[1:24:18] By Athena’s justice, this girl has spirit. 雅典娜作证 这女孩子很有性格
[1:24:22] She’ll breed a brave son. 她会生个勇敢的儿子
[1:24:24] Alexander! 亚历山大!
[1:24:26] This is about the honor of our kingdom. 事关帝国的尊严
[1:24:29] Exactly. What can be won, Alexander? 完全正确 这有什么好处 亚历山大?
[1:24:32] We’re in Asia to punish them for their crimes. We’ve achieved that. 我们来亚洲是为惩罚他们的罪孽 我们已经做到了
[1:24:35] Seven years from home, now we drift from one far region to another… 我们已经离家七年 在一个又一个偏远的地区间漂泊
[1:24:39] …chasing nomads and bandits when Macedonia bleeds its manpower. 马其顿人流血牺牲 追逐游民和盗匪…
[1:24:43] For what? To build roads in Asia? 为了什么? 为了在亚洲修路?
[1:24:46] To give these people cities? And now make an army of them? 为了给这些人建造城市? 还让他们建立军队?
[1:24:50] To found cities and expand our reach is not to drift. 建造城市和开疆拓土…可不是漂泊 帕曼纽
[1:24:53] What benefit to Macedon? It’s far richer! 那对马其顿有何好处? 它已比从前富裕得多
[1:24:56] Look what you give them. With respect… 那看看你给他们的 看你一把年纪我才不提 帕曼纽
[1:24:58] …had you fought better at Gaugamela when your flank was crumbling- 在高加米拉 你的侧翼被击溃时 要是打得再好一点 早抓住大流士了
[1:25:02] How dare you, Nearchus? ! General Nearchus to you, boy. 你怎敢这么说 尼阿克斯! 是尼阿克斯将军 小子
[1:25:06] Alexander spread our flank too thin! There was nothing my father… 亚历山大把阵形摆得太单薄我父亲和谁都没办法
[1:25:09] …or any of you could’ve done! Philotas! 菲洛塔斯!
[1:25:18] Alexander, I’ve known you since you were born. 亚历山大…我从你一生下来就认识你了
[1:25:21] I supported you at your father’s death. 你父亲死时…我支持了你
[1:25:24] At the very least, for Zeus’ sake… 看在宙斯的份上
[1:25:27] …and in respect to the council that chose you king… 我至少出力让议会选你为王
[1:25:30] …give us a Macedonian heir. 给我们一个马其顿的继承人吧
[1:25:32] A Macedonian heir. 马其顿的继承人
[1:25:41] You’ve been heard clearly. But- 你的话我听清楚了 但是…
[1:25:43] Parmenion! After the wedding, take two brigades to Babylon, where I look to you… 帕曼纽! 婚礼结束后…你就带两个旅回巴比伦
[1:25:48] …and Antipater in Greece, to maintain our empire and supply this expedition. 你在那里 安提培特在希腊维护我们的帝国 并为这次远征供应给养
[1:25:54] I’ll winter with my army at Marakand. 我会在马拉坎德过冬
[1:25:56] I pray to Apollo you realize how far you’ve turned from your father’s path. 我向阿波罗祈祷 你能尽快明白 你已从你父亲的道路上偏离了多远
[1:26:01] Damn you, Parmenion, by the gods and your Apollo. 诸神和你的阿波罗在上 见你的鬼去吧 帕曼纽
[1:26:03] What was in my father’s guts wasn’t overripe in reason like yours! 我父亲也像你一样冥顽不灵吗?
[1:26:07] He never lusted for war, Alexander, or enjoyed it so. 他从来不会如此渴望战争 或者是热衷于战争
[1:26:11] He consulted his peers in council, among equals, the Macedonian way. 他会按马其顿的方式 请教议会里的同僚和贵族
[1:26:16] He didn’t decide based on his personal desires. 他不会仅凭个人欲望作出决定
[1:26:19] I’ve taken us further than my father ever dreamed. 我带领大家取得的成就…已远远超过我父亲的梦想
[1:26:23] Old man… 老头
[1:26:24] …we’re in new worlds. 世道已经变了
[1:26:27] Alexander, be reasonable! 亚历山大 理智点吧!
[1:26:31] Were they ever meant to be our equals? 他们打算和我们平起平坐吗?
[1:26:34] Share our rewards? 分享我们的成果?
[1:26:36] You remember what Aristotle said. 你该记得亚里士多德的话
[1:26:38] An Asian? 亚洲人?
[1:26:40] What would a vow mean to a race that’s never kept their word to a Greek? 对一个从不对希腊守信的民族…婚姻的誓言又算什么?
[1:26:44] Aristotle be damned! Alexander! 让亚里士多德见鬼去吧! 亚历山大!
[1:26:46] By Zeus and all the gods… 宙斯和诸神在上
[1:26:48] …what makes you so much better than them, Cassander? 你凭什么比他们优秀 喀山德?
[1:26:52] Better than you really are. In you and those like you is this. 比实际的你还要优秀 你和那些和你一样的人不过如此
[1:26:58] Alexander. 亚历山大
[1:27:02] What disturbs me most is not your lack of respect for my judgment. 最让我恼火的不是你们…对我的判断力缺乏尊重
[1:27:10] It’s your contempt for a world far older than ours. 而是你们对一个…远比我们古老的世界的恶意
[1:27:46] Five to any man who bothers to kill me. 谁有空来杀掉我 我给一人五个
[1:27:49] Have another drink, Cleitus. 再喝一杯吧 克雷塔斯
[1:27:52] Shouldn’t you be bound to a king? Cleitus. 你不是和国王有承诺吗? 克雷塔斯
[1:27:56] Alexander, you look weak when you not accept these honors. 亚历山大 你不接受这些荣誉会显得软弱
[1:28:00] I understand, my dear father… 我明白 亲爱的岳父
[1:28:02] …but it’s against Greek ways. Then Greek ways are weak. 但这和希腊的传统不符 那希腊的传统是软弱的
[1:28:07] I still think she got the better of him in this bargain. 我老觉得这场交易…是她占了大便宜
[1:28:09] My daughter, Roxane… 我的女儿– 罗克珊娜
[1:28:13] …she shall make you good wife. 她会成为你的好妻子
[1:28:15] She shall kill for you. 她会为你杀人
[1:28:22] Raw skunk, ruler of heaven… 坏家伙 天上和地上之王
[1:28:29] …and earth. 坏家伙 天上和地上之王
[1:28:36] In honor of this great alliance… 为了向这场伟大的联合致敬
[1:28:40] …l, Oxyartes, offer you these great gifts. 我…俄克雅特斯给你准备了份大礼
[1:28:45] I would like to honor a toast to you from my people. 我代表我的人民向你敬酒
[1:28:54] Good morning, sire. 早上好 大人
[1:29:16] We shall fight for you, Alexander. 我们会为你战斗 亚历山大
[1:29:19] It shall be bloody. 会非常血腥
[1:29:23] Who’s the bear? 谁是那熊?
[1:29:27] Parmenion. 帕曼纽
[1:29:29] You’ve been in complete control of your supply lines. 你得完全控制自己的供给线
[1:29:32] His pessimism is infectious. 他的悲观思想可是会传染人的
[1:29:35] But he’ll stay loyal… 他会忠诚的
[1:29:39] …as long as his son remains with us. 只要他儿子还跟着我们
[1:31:58] Hey! 嗨
[1:32:07] Her eyes tell me she cares for you, Alexander. 她的眼睛告诉我 她在意你 亚历山大
[1:32:13] Perhaps too much. 也许太在意了
[1:32:19] In the ways of my country… 按我国的说法
[1:32:22] …those who love too much lose everything… 爱得太深的人会失去一切
[1:32:26] …and those who love with irony… 爱得轻佻的人
[1:32:31] …last. 反而能持久
[1:33:23] I found it in Egypt. 我在埃及找到这个
[1:33:27] The man who sold it said it came from a time… 把它卖给我的人说
[1:33:30] …when man worshipped sun and stars. 它来自人们崇拜太阳和星星的时代
[1:33:40] I’ll always think of you… 我一向把你看成太阳
[1:33:43] …as the sun, Alexander. 亚历山大
[1:33:45] And I pray your dream will shine on all men. 我祈祷你的梦想能照耀到所有人
[1:33:58] I wish you a son. 我希望你能有个儿子
[1:34:02] You’re a great man. 你是个伟大的人
[1:34:09] Many will love you, Alexander, but none so pure and deep… 许多人都爱你 亚历山大 但没一个人如此纯粹和深刻
[1:34:29] You… 你…
[1:34:30] …love him? 爱他?
[1:34:41] He is Hephaistion. 他是赫菲斯提安
[1:35:04] Thank you, Bagoas. 谢谢你 巴高斯
[1:35:11] Your boy? 你的男孩?
[1:35:13] There are many different ways to love, Roxane. 爱有很多种方式 罗克珊娜
[1:35:17] Come. 过来
[1:35:34] No. 不
[1:35:35] No, no. 不 不
[1:35:53] No. No. 不 不
[1:36:27] You have no fear. 你没有恐惧
[1:36:31] It’s fitting. 太合适了
[1:36:34] A man searches for a woman at Earth’s top… 一个男人寻找大地上的女人
[1:36:37] …and finds her. 并且找到了她
[1:36:57] The myth becomes real. 神话变成了现实
[1:37:10] Great man, Sikander… 伟大的人 斯坎达
[1:37:14] …you I kill now. 我现在可以杀了你
[1:37:21] Do it. 来啊
[1:37:23] End it. I would do the- 结束这一切 我会
[1:37:26] I would do the same. I’ll die a fool… 我也一样 为这段爱情
[1:37:30] …for this love. 死得像个傻瓜
[1:38:21] My life is now yours. 我的生命现在交给你了
[1:38:48] You will have my son. 你会帮我生个儿子
[1:39:46] Who is this woman you call your queen, Alexander? A hill girl? 这个你称为王后的女人是谁 亚历山大? 一个山地姑娘?
[1:39:54] You with your breeding. 你自有教养
[1:39:56] Already she makes enemies with her strong, clumsy nature. 她强势野蛮的天性…已经为自己招来不少敌人
[1:40:05] Do not confuse us. 别把我们混作一谈
[1:40:07] I was never a barbarian as Philip said. 我从不像菲力浦说的那样是个野蛮人
[1:40:11] We are of Achilles’ royal blood. 我们都有阿喀琉斯高贵的血统
[1:40:15] Zeus is your father. 宙斯是你的父亲
[1:40:19] Oh, I understand she brings you some happiness… 哦 我能理解 她给你带来些许快乐
[1:40:25] …but how can she help you? 但是她怎么帮助你?
[1:40:27] You must know that she does not speak in your name… 你肯定知道她都不能以你的名义说话
[1:40:30] …which is yours and yours alone. 你的名义只属于你自己
[1:40:34] Preserve it, secret it… 严守这个秘密
[1:40:38] …and hear me when I tell you, act… 你要听从我的话 行动起来
[1:40:41] …and act soon. 赶快行动起来
[1:40:43] After seven years, people wonder: 七年了 人们会疑惑:
[1:40:45] “Who is this King Alexander? “ “国王亚历山大是谁? “
[1:40:48] I have given you ample proof. Antipater daily undermines your authority. 我给你提供了充分的证据 安提帕特每天都在暗中削弱你的权威
[1:40:54] Return to Babylon and strengthen your center. 回到巴比伦去 巩固你的帝国中心
[1:40:58] Or come home to Macedonia and reorganize. 或者回马其顿来重新部署
[1:41:00] But do not chase your dream… 不要再往遥远的东方去
[1:41:03] … further east. 追逐你的梦想了
[1:41:05] Your life and mine depend on it. 这关系到你和我的生命
[1:41:09] Remember… 记住
[1:41:11] …my only thoughts are of you. 我一切都是在为你着想
[1:41:15] As you, too, must face your glorious destiny. 你也必须面对自己伟大的命运
[1:41:20] Think kindly of your mother. 你也要为我想想
[1:41:22] Provide for me. 为我安排好一切
[1:41:24] Protect me from your enemies when you are gone. 在你离开时 让我不受你的敌人伤害
[1:41:29] And remember always… 永远要记住
[1:41:32] …it is I who love you more than any. 我爱你超过任何人
[1:41:41] If only you were not a pale reflection… 但愿你身上没有我母亲
[1:41:45] …of my mother’s heart. 隐约的影子
[1:42:06] Pregnant so soon. The little whore. 这么快就怀上了 小娼妓
[1:42:10] He will marry her in the spring, during Dionysus’ Festival… 春天酒神节时他就会和她结婚
[1:42:14] …and when her first son is born… 等她生下第一个儿子
[1:42:17] …her sweet uncle Attalus will convince Philip to name the boy his successor… 她那亲爱的叔叔阿特拉斯 就会说服菲力浦把那孩子指定为继承人
[1:42:23] …with himself as regent. 他自己则当摄政王
[1:42:25] And you… 你呢
[1:42:27] …you will be sent on some impossible mission… 派你去完成不可能办到的任务
[1:42:32] …against some monstrous Northern tribe… 去迎击一些北方凶暴的部落
[1:42:34] …to be mutilated in one more meaningless battle over cattle. 死于某次毫无意义的蛮族战斗
[1:42:40] And I, no longer queen, will be put to death… 而我将不再是王后 我会和你妹妹
[1:42:44] …with your sister and the remaining members of our family. 还有我们家其他人一起被处死
[1:42:48] I wish sometimes you could see the light, Mother. 妈妈 我希望你…有时也能看到光明的一面
[1:42:53] The truth is, he’s taken nothing from you that you’ve not been long without. 事实是他拿走的东西…没有一样不是你早就失去的
[1:43:00] The only way is to strike. 唯一的办法就是抗争
[1:43:02] Announce your marriage to a Macedonian now. 马上宣布你和一个马其顿女子结婚
[1:43:05] Beget a child of pure blood. He would be one of them, not mine… 有了血统纯正的孩子 他就会成为他们其中一员 而不是我这边的人
[1:43:10] …and he would have no choice but to make you king. 这样他就别无选择 只能选你为国王
[1:43:13] There is still Kynnane. 你还可以娶卡娜恩
[1:43:17] Eurydice was perfect. If your father, that pig, had not ravaged her first! 本来欧律狄克是最好的选择 如果你父亲那头猪没先糟蹋她
[1:43:21] Say nothing more of my father. 别说我父亲了
[1:43:24] Do you hear me? Say nothing. 听到了吗? 别说了
[1:43:28] You’re right. 你是对的
[1:43:31] Forgive me. 原谅我
[1:43:33] A mother loves too much. 母亲总是爱得太过分
[1:43:42] Who shall I sing to sleep at night anymore? 我在晚上还能再给谁唱摇篮曲?
[1:43:50] I wish I wish we could spend more time together. 我只希望…只希望我们多呆在一起
[1:43:56] Like we used to, when you were the sweetest boy. 就像从前那样 你那时候是最可爱的男孩
[1:44:05] There’s never been time, Mother. 不会再有那种时光了 母亲
[1:44:08] Since I was a child, I’ve been groomed to be ever the best. 我从小就准备成为最优秀的人
[1:44:14] My poor child, you’re like Achilles… 我可怜的孩子 就像阿喀琉斯一样
[1:44:19] …cursed by your greatness. 因为伟大而受诅咒
[1:44:26] Yes. Take my strength. 是的 接受我的力量
[1:44:34] You must never confuse your feelings… 你绝对不能把你的感情
[1:44:38] …with your duties, Alexander. 和责任混淆起来 亚历山大
[1:44:42] A king must make public gestures for the common people. 国王在平民面前要有公开的形象
[1:44:46] I know, but you will be 19 this summer… 我了解 但你到今年夏天就19岁了
[1:44:50] …and the girls already say you don’t like them. You like Hephaistion more. 但女孩子们都说你还不喜欢她们 你更喜欢赫菲斯提安
[1:44:55] I understand. It’s natural for a young man. 我能理解 对年轻人来说这很正常
[1:44:59] But if you go to Asia without leaving your successor, you risk all. 可要是你不留下继承人就去亚洲 就有可能失去一切
[1:45:03] Hephaistion loves me, as I am… 赫菲斯提安爱我 爱的只是我这个人
[1:45:09] …not who. 而不是我的身份
[1:45:12] Loves? Loves? 爱? 爱?
[1:45:18] In the name of Dionysus… 狄俄尼索斯在上
[1:45:22] …understand how Philip thinks, for your own sake. 看在你自己份上 弄清楚菲力浦的想法吧
[1:45:28] Your life hangs in the balance. 你的人生正在紧要关头
[1:45:33] I know these things, Alexander. You are nothing to him. 我了解这种事 亚历山大 你对他来说什么也不是
[1:45:39] His spies are inside your closest circle… 他的探子甚至深入你的朋友圈
[1:45:44] …to ensure that you don’t plot against him. 察看你是否有策划反对他
[1:45:47] And still you sleep. 但你还在沉睡不醒
[1:45:52] You will not live out this year unless you act! 如果你不先发制人 甚至活不过今年
[1:45:55] Stop! 别说了!
[1:45:59] I’m his only worthy son. 我是唯一配得上他的儿子
[1:46:02] You crazed woman. 你这疯女人
[1:46:05] He’d never hurt me. 他永远不会伤害我
[1:46:08] Even if Eurydice had a boy, he’d be 20 before he’d let him rule. 即使欧律狄克生了男孩 他也要等他长到20岁 才能让他继位
[1:46:13] Yes, and you would be 40. 是啊你那时就40岁了
[1:46:17] Old and wise like Parmenion. And Philip’s young son would be 20. 就像帕曼纽一样 又老又睿智 但菲力浦的小儿子才20岁
[1:46:23] Like you now, but raised by him, his blood. 就像你现在这样 却是由他亲自带大 他自己的骨血
[1:46:30] He will never give you the throne now, Alexander. 他永远不会让你继位了 亚历山大
[1:46:34] Never. 永远不会
[1:46:38] What would you have me do? 你想要我做什么?
[1:46:41] Whatever is necessary. 不惜一切手段
[1:46:47] Where have you lost your mind? 你在哪儿得到的这么个馊主意?
[1:46:50] It would be civil war, clan against clan, chaos. 这样会引起战争 宗族混战
[1:46:53] Yes. And you would win. 不错 但是你会取得胜利
[1:46:56] Because the young ones love you like a god. 因为年轻人们爱你 视你若神灵
[1:46:58] I forbid you to ever talk to me like that! 我不许你再说这样的话
[1:47:01] Such a man would be forever chased by the Furies! 做那种事的人会终身被复仇女神追逐
[1:47:04] What have you to fear from the Furies… 不过杀了个篡位者
[1:47:08] …for killing an impostor to the throne… 在他杀掉你自己和母亲之前
[1:47:11] …before he murders you and your mother? 你干嘛害怕复仇女神?
[1:47:15] Why won’t you ever believe me? 你为什么就不相信我呢?
[1:47:18] Philip did not want you. 菲力浦不需要你
[1:47:22] You had a condition of the breathing… 你曾经呼吸有点问题
[1:47:24] …and he wanted to leave you in the mountains… 他就要把你扔到山上
[1:47:27] …for the birds to peck at your eyes. 让老鹰啄食你的眼睛
[1:47:31] What you don’t know, my poor child. 这些你都不知道而已 我可怜的孩子
[1:47:34] Lanice knows nothing of this. 拉奈克可不知道这个
[1:47:37] Lanice. 拉奈克?
[1:47:39] I was there. 我就在场
[1:47:41] Lanice was not. 拉奈克没有!
[1:47:45] No, Alexander… 不 亚历山大
[1:47:47] …Zeus is your father. 宙斯才是你父亲
[1:47:51] I laid with him that night in the wind, as sure as any mortal man. 那天晚上我和他一起躺在风中 他像凡人男子一样真实
[1:47:56] Never have I been made love to as I was then. 我从没像当时一样做过爱
[1:48:00] Enough. 够了
[1:48:02] Half the mothers in Greece share such a fantasy. 一半的希腊母亲都有这样的幻想
[1:48:07] I warn you, Mother. 我警告你 母亲
[1:48:09] Make no mistake. 别犯错
[1:48:12] You will treat this girl as nothing more important than his other wives. 你要视这个女孩如无物 就像他别的妻子一样
[1:48:16] You will behave as we always have. 你要表现得和我们以往一样
[1:48:20] As the first. 就像一开始
[1:48:32] I wonder… 我在想
[1:48:35] …did you ever love him? 你是不是爱过他?
[1:48:41] What? 什么?
[1:48:45] I never stopped. 我不会罢手的
[1:49:21] What is it, Orestes? 这是什么 俄瑞提斯?
[1:49:28] I beg your forgiveness, my king. 我请求你的原谅 我的王
[1:49:31] I cannot be part of this. 我没有参与这件事
[1:49:34] Who did this? 谁干的?
[1:49:39] Tell me. 告诉我
[1:49:41] Say it! Hermolaus! 说! 赫默纳斯!
[1:49:55] Death to all tyrants. 所有的暴君都该死!
[1:50:01] I didn’t do this! 我没做过!
[1:50:03] I’ve known you and loved you as long as I know. 我了解你 我爱你
[1:50:09] Never will you find a man as devoted as I. 你再找不到一个像我一样忠实的人
[1:50:12] The conspiracy, such as it was… 这场密谋
[1:50:14] … deeply upset Alexander. 极大地困扰了亚历山大
[1:50:17] Not only because it involved the young people who shared his dream… 不仅因为那些分享他梦想的…年轻人参与其中
[1:50:21] … but more intimately, it implicated Philotas, his companion from boyhood… 更深层次的 因为菲洛塔斯…童年时的伙伴也牵扯进来
[1:50:27] … when a page confessed that a few days before, he’d informed Philotas… 一个卫兵坦白说…几天前 他告诉菲洛塔斯
[1:50:32] Alexander….of the plot. 亚历山大 谋反
[1:50:36] Remember me for who I am. 记住我是谁
[1:50:39] I do remember you, Philotas, but not as you remember yourself. 我当然记得 菲洛塔斯 但你好像不记得自己是谁
[1:50:45] And it appears to me and others here from the testimony given by your mistress… 根据你情妇的交代 在我和在场的人看来…
[1:50:51] …that the true weather of your soul is ambition. 你心中充满了野心
[1:50:55] No. 不是
[1:50:56] We all felt there was more here than sexual bickering. 我们都觉得 这不仅仅是…他的情人在和他闹矛盾
[1:51:00] Alexander wanted the truth and Philotas’ answers were lacking merit. 亚历山大想要真相 但菲洛塔斯的回答缺乏价值
[1:51:05] Please take him away. 把他带走
[1:51:06] Alexander put him silently and quickly to trial by his peers… 亚历山大让菲洛塔斯的同僚们…举行了一个迅速而平静的审判
[1:51:11] … and whether plotter or opportunist, Philotas was found guilty of treason. 无论是阴谋还是巧合 菲洛塔斯被判处叛国罪
[1:51:15] No, Alexander, no! Remove him. 不 亚历山大 不! 带走他
[1:51:17] The suspects were all executed. 嫌疑犯都被处决了
[1:51:20] None of us defended Philotas… 我们没有一个人为菲洛塔斯辩护
[1:51:23] … but then again, none of us ever liked him. 但说到底 我们也没一个人喜欢他
[1:51:31] And of course his power was carved up by the rest of us. 当然 他的军队…被我们剩下的人瓜分掉了
[1:51:38] Before he died, we tortured him… 在他死前 我们拷打他
[1:51:40] … to find out what his father Parmenion knew. 就为了知道他父亲帕曼纽是否知情
[1:51:43] But this we never learned. 但是我们永远也不知道了
[1:51:46] What to do with Parmenion and his 20,000 troops guarding our supply lines… 如何处置帕曼纽和他…看守着我们供给线的两万士兵
[1:51:50] … was a far more delicate matter. Was he innocent in this? 是一个更棘手的问题? 他真的完全不知情吗?
[1:51:54] Or had he decided to act before age further withered his power? 或他打算在年老力薄前及时行动?
[1:51:59] The men will follow their king. Alexander won’t be there. 士兵们会追随他们的国王 亚历山大并不在那
[1:52:04] Necessity required Alexander to act… 亚历山大必须有所行动
[1:52:07] … and he sealed the camp within the hour of the first accusations against Philotas. 他在对菲洛塔斯的指控出现后的…一小时内就封闭了军营
[1:52:14] Then go, Antigonus, and Cleitus. 你们去吧 安提柯斯 克雷塔斯
[1:52:18] And go quickly. 尽快动身
[1:52:23] Three days’ hard riding sent Antigonus and Cleitus… 三天艰苦的疾驰 安提柯斯和克雷塔斯
[1:52:27] … to Parmenion, the general most loyal to Philip. 到了菲力浦最忠心的将军…帕曼纽身边
[1:52:38] His soldiers accepted the finding of guilt against Parmenion… 他的士兵接受了对帕曼纽有罪的指控
[1:52:42] … as they understood well the code of vengeance… 因为他们也清楚地知道复仇的规则
[1:52:45] … that made the head of family responsible for the behavior of all. 家族的首领有责任为这种行为负责
[1:52:52] Many of us felt we were better off without that pompous thorn, Parmenion… 我们中许多人都很高兴能摆脱 这棵自以为是的荆棘– 帕曼纽
[1:52:56] … as Alexander promoted all of us generously. 而且亚历山大慷慨地提升了…我们所有人的地位
[1:53:16] If we issue the gold bullion in the name of Alexander then we meet a resistance. 如果我们以亚历山大的名义…发行金条…遇到抵制
[1:53:21] Cleitus. Antigonus. 克雷塔斯 安提柯斯
[1:53:23] Parmenion. 帕曼纽
[1:55:39] Come, Alexander, drink this sadness away. 来 亚历山大 酒能解愁
[1:55:42] If only thirst could quench sorrow, Ptolemy. 如果干渴能赶走悲伤就好了 托勒密
[1:55:48] There’s only one thing better than winning a battle, son… 只有一件东西比打胜仗还棒 儿子
[1:55:53] …and that’s the taste of a new woman. 那就是新妇的味道
[1:55:56] You’ll find it far sweeter than self-pity. 比自怜自哀甜蜜多了
[1:56:01] Pausanias, you bore me. Alexander! 帕塞亚斯 你让我厌烦 亚历山大!
[1:56:03] Be gone with you. Alexander, I found you the right girl. 自己走开 亚历山大 我给你找了个好女孩
[1:56:06] What’s your name, darling? Antigone. 你叫什么名字? 安缇珈
[1:56:09] What’s your name? Antigone. 你叫什么名字? 安缇珈
[1:56:13] I love you. And I love you, Cleitus. 我爱你 我也爱你 克雷塔斯
[1:56:17] Please, no! There you go. 求你 别! 来吧
[1:56:23] I’ll sleep in my grave, Hephaistion. 我会睡在自己的坟墓里 赫菲斯提安
[1:56:26] While alive, I prefer dancing. 活着的时候 我宁愿跳舞
[1:56:29] Pausanias. 帕塞亚斯
[1:56:31] Who’s your new friend? 你的新伙伴是谁?
[1:56:33] There’s your new friend. Please don’t! 这就是你的新伙伴 请别
[1:56:35] Don’t! Please, no! No. 别 求你们 不要 不要!
[1:56:48] A toast. 敬酒
[1:56:50] A toast! 敬酒!
[1:56:52] I drink to our Greek friends and to our new union… 为了我们的希腊朋友…和我们的新联盟
[1:56:57] …Macedonia and Greece, equals in greatness! 同样伟大的马其顿和希腊 干杯!
[1:57:06] And to Philip, our king, without whom this union could not be possible. 敬菲力浦 我们的国王…没有他…这个联盟不可能成立
[1:57:12] Come, Attalus, leave some damn air in the hall! 过来 阿特拉斯 给大厅留点该死的空气吧
[1:57:17] And last, I drink to the king’s marriage to my niece, Eurydice… 最后 敬国王…和我侄女欧律狄克的婚姻
[1:57:23] …a Macedonian queen we can be proud of! 她会成为我们…都为之骄傲的马其顿王后
[1:57:29] To Philip and Eurydice… 敬菲利浦和欧律狄克
[1:57:32] …and to their legitimate sons! 敬他们合法的儿子!
[1:57:38] Don’t! 别!
[1:57:39] What am I, you son of a dog? Come, then. 那我算什么? 你这狗崽子 来啊
[1:57:53] What a disgrace. 真丢脸
[1:57:56] Shut up! 闭嘴!
[1:57:58] Shut up, all of you! Please. 所有人都闭嘴! 请闭上嘴
[1:58:00] This is my wedding, not some public brawl. 这是我的婚礼 不是你们吵架的地方
[1:58:03] Insolent pup. 无礼的小畜生
[1:58:05] Apologize, by Zeus, before you dishonor me. 宙斯在上 在你让我丢脸前赶紧道歉
[1:58:08] You defend the man who called my mother a whore and me a bastard. 你替一个叫我母亲为贱货…叫我为杂种的男人辩护
[1:58:12] And I dishonor you? You listen like your mother. 你觉得是我丢你的脸? 你听起来像你母亲
[1:58:15] Attalus is my family now, the same as you. 阿特拉斯现在是我家人 和你一样
[1:58:17] Then choose your relatives more carefully. 那你挑选亲戚要再谨慎点
[1:58:20] Don’t expect me to sit here and watch you shame yourself. 别希望我坐在这里看你自取其辱
[1:58:24] You insult me! I insult you! 你侮辱我! 我侮辱你?
[1:58:27] A man not fit to lick the ground my mother walks on. 这个人不配舔我母亲走过长的土地
[1:58:30] You dog, questioning your queen. Shame? 你这该死的 竟然怀疑你的王后 羞耻?
[1:58:37] I’ll marry the girl if I want, and I’ll have as many sons as I want. 我要多少儿子…就有多少儿子
[1:58:41] There’s nothing you or your harpy mother can do. 你和你那个妖精妈妈阻止不了
[1:58:44] Why, drunken man, must you think… 为什么 醉鬼? 你以为…
[1:58:46] …everything I do and say comes from my mother? 我说的我做的都是母亲教的吗?
[1:58:49] Because I know her heart, by Hera… 因为我知道从赫拉那里知道她的心
[1:58:52] …and I see her in your eyes. 我在你的眼睛里看见她
[1:58:54] You covet this throne too much. 你太想要这个王位了
[1:58:58] We all know that she-wolf of a mother of yours wants me dead. 我们都知道你那个…豺狼一样的母亲希望我死掉
[1:59:04] Well, you can both dream, boy. 你们都在做梦 小孩子
[1:59:06] Philip, this is the wine talking. Leave the boy. It’ll wait. 菲利浦 这是醉话 别管那孩子了 以后再说
[1:59:09] Now! 现在!
[1:59:12] I command you. 我命令你
[1:59:15] Apologize to your kinsman. 向你的亲人道歉
[1:59:26] Apologize. 道歉
[1:59:28] No kinsman to me. 不是我的亲人
[1:59:34] Good night, old man. 晚安 老头
[1:59:37] And when my mother remarries, I’ll invite you to her wedding. 我妈妈改嫁的时候 我会邀请你参加婚礼的
[1:59:42] You bastard! 你这个杂种!
[1:59:50] You’ll obey me. Come here. 你要听我的话 快道歉
[2:00:11] This is the man who is going to take you from Greece to Persia? 这就是将要带你们离开希腊…去波斯的男人吗?
[2:00:15] He can’t even make it from one couch to the next. 他甚至无法从一张桌子跳到另一张
[2:00:17] Get out of my palace! You’re exiled, you bastard! 离开我的王宫 你被流放了 小杂种!
[2:00:22] Banished from the land. You’re not welcome here. 禁止你出现在这片土地 你不受欢迎
[2:00:26] You’re no son of mine! 你不是我儿子!
[2:01:12] In the spring, Alexander marched an army of 150,000… 在春天 亚历山大集结了15万大军
[2:01:17] … across the passes of the Hindu Kush… 穿越了兴都库什的关卡
[2:01:20] … into the unknown. 来到未知的世界
[2:01:23] In his dream, it was the promised route to the end of the world. 在他的梦想中 这里就是…有希望到达世界尽头的通道
[2:01:28] We were now a mobile empire… 我们现在是一个移动王国
[2:01:30] … stretching back thousands of miles to Greece. 从希腊伸延了十万英里的路
[2:01:34] Cooks and architects, doctors, surveyors… 厨师和建筑师 医生 探路人
[2:01:37] … moneylenders and wives… 借债人和妻子
[2:01:39] … children, lovers, whores. 孩子 情人 娼妓…
[2:01:42] And slaves… 和奴隶
[2:01:44] … that anonymous, bent, working spine of this new beast. 不知名的奴隶…作为这头新生…野兽的脊梁 弯着腰辛劳着
[2:01:49] Ravaged or expanded, for better or worse… 破坏 扩张 变得更好 或者更坏
[2:01:54] … no occupied territory remained the same again. 任何被占领的土地…都无可能再保持原样
[2:02:02] Although devoted to Roxane… 虽然已经娶了罗克珊娜
[2:02:04] … Alexander’s visits to her tent diminished… 但亚历山大去她帐篷的次数逐渐减少
[2:02:07] … as a year, then two, went by without a successor… 一年两年过去 他们仍然没有后代
[2:02:13] … wounding Alexander’s great pride. 这很伤亚历山大的自尊
[2:02:17] The surveyors are saying that Zeus chained Prometheus up there. 探路人说那里是宙斯…绑缚普罗米修斯的地方
[2:02:20] In one of those caves. 在那些洞穴的其中一个
[2:02:24] They say there’s a giant eagle’s nest just above it. 他们说那只巨鹰的巢穴…就在洞穴的正上方
[2:02:27] I suppose he drops down each night to peck out poor Prometheus’ liver. 可能它每晚都下来啄食…普罗米修斯的肝脏
[2:02:34] You remember what Aristotle told us of these mountains? 你记得亚里士多德告诉我们…关于这些山脉的事吗?
[2:02:38] Yes, I do. 是的 我记得
[2:02:41] That when we reach these heights… 当我们爬上这些高山
[2:02:43] …we’d look back and see Macedonia to the west… 回头可以看见座落在西边的马其顿
[2:02:46] …and the outer ocean to the east. 还有东方辽阔的外海域
[2:02:53] But I fear this world is far larger than anyone dreamed. 但我恐怕这个世界…远比任何人想像的都要广大
[2:02:58] A world of Titans. 泰坦的世界
[2:03:01] The scouts have been up every known trail, Alexander. 调查人员已勘察过每条已知的小道 亚历山大
[2:03:05] There is no way across. 没有可以翻越的路
[2:03:08] Except to the south, into India. 除非去南方 到印度
[2:03:12] Were we gods, we’d breach these walls to the eastern ocean. 如果我们是神 就可以…打破这些壁垒直接去东海
[2:03:16] We will, Alexander. 我们可以的 亚历山大
[2:03:18] In a few years’ time, we will return. 几年之后 我们就可以回来
[2:03:21] But first, the men must see their homes. 但首先士兵们要找到归属
[2:03:26] Have you found your home… 你找到你的归属了吗
[2:03:28] …Ptolemy? 托勒密?
[2:03:35] More and more, I think it will be Alexandria. 我越来越肯定…我的归属是亚历山大城
[2:03:40] Well, at least it’s hot. 至少那里是炎热的
[2:03:43] And Thais… 并且泰丝
[2:03:46] …she loved it there. 她喜欢那个地方
[2:03:50] Women bring men home. 女人总能给男人一个归属
[2:03:53] I have no such feeling. You have Babylon, Alexander. 我却没那种感觉 你有了巴比伦 亚历山大
[2:03:58] Where your mother awaits your invitation. 那里有你的母亲在等待着你的邀请
[2:04:01] Yes, I have Babylon. 是的 我有巴比伦
[2:04:03] But each land, each boundary I cross… 但每当我踏上一片土地…越过一条分界线时
[2:04:08] …I strip away another illusion. 就会又丢掉一个幻想
[2:04:12] I sense death will be the last. 我感觉死亡是最后的归属
[2:04:17] Yet still I push harder and harder… 所以我继续更加艰苦的努力
[2:04:20] …to reach this home. 去找到我的归属
[2:04:29] Where has our eagle gone? 我们的鹰飞到哪去了?
[2:04:35] We must go on, Ptolemy. 我们必须前进 托勒密
[2:04:39] Until we find an end. 直到我们找到终点
[2:06:29] India, the land where the sun was born… 印度 太阳升起的国度
[2:06:33] … fabled to be even richer than Persia… 神话里号称比波斯更富有的地方
[2:06:36] … had never been explored or conquered. 从未被探索或征服
[2:06:40] From the beginning, we struggled to unify a land without a center. 从这时开始 我们努力…想统一这片没有中心的土地
[2:06:46] Kings who conspired against one another. 这里的国王们彼此勾心斗角
[2:06:48] A labyrinth of tribes urged on by zealots and philosophers… 错综复杂的部落…在狂热信徒和贤哲的鼓动下
[2:06:53] … to die by the thousands for their strange gods. 为了他们的异神灵 可以成千上万的去死
[2:07:02] We saw things we’d never dreamed and could hardly describe. 我们见到的…是从未想像过和难以形容的
[2:07:06] We saw birds that could talk and men that couldn’t. 我们发现鸟可以说话 而人却不行
[2:07:11] Craterus, in the advance party, fought against men with hairy skins… 先锋部队的格雷塔斯…和长着长毛的敌人战斗
[2:07:15] … who were tiny and lived in the tops of trees. 他们体形很小居住在树上
[2:07:23] Over there! They’re animals. 那里! 他们是动物
[2:07:26] Until Hephaistion convinced us these were animals who imitated men… 直到赫菲斯提安…使我们确信 那些只是模仿人类的动物
[2:07:30] … but wore their own skin. 不过穿着自己的皮
[2:07:33] They called this tribe “monkey.” 他们管这个部落叫”猴子”
[2:07:37] Monkey. Monkey. 猴子 猴子
[2:07:41] But we saw little difference with the tribes who lived among them. 我们发现它们和其中生活的部落…没有什么不同
[2:07:46] Look at his hand. It’s so much like ours. 看他的手 很像我们的
[2:07:53] Hello, little man. 你好 小人们
[2:07:55] Do they speak? No, but they do sing and make noises… 他们能说话? 不 但他们可以唱歌和制造噪音
[2:08:00] …from the roofs of the forest. 来自森林的树屋顶
[2:08:07] We saw men who walked naked in public… 我们看见那些人都公然裸体行走
[2:08:09] … and spent hours at a time staring and doing nothing. 或是花几个小时凝视…而什么也不做
[2:08:13] Some who lived 200 years. 有些人已经活了200年
[2:08:18] And then, there was the rain. 随后 大雨来临了
[2:08:26] Never before had we seen water that fell from the gods… 我们从没见过天神降下这么多雨水
[2:08:30] … for 60 days and nights. 整整六十个日夜
[2:08:33] Well done today. 好了 今天
[2:08:37] Make sure the women and children are fed. 确认女人和小孩有供给
[2:08:45] You know better, Machatas. 你更清楚 马卡塔斯
[2:08:51] What’s your son going to say? 你儿子要说什么?
[2:08:53] Come on, man. The older you get, the stronger. 振作起来 伙计 你是老当益壮
[2:08:55] Right, my king. You’re my horse, Alexander. 是的 国王 你是我的领路马 亚历山大
[2:08:59] I’ll be with you at your side. 我将伴你左右
[2:09:04] Everything rotted in this rain… 在大雨中所有东西都腐烂了
[2:09:06] … and scores of men died miserably from the tiny serpents… 很多人不幸的死于小小的毒蛇
[2:09:10] … that were everywhere in this evil land. 这里到处都透着邪恶
[2:09:16] What happened? It’s to the neck. 出什么事了? 挨到脖子了
[2:09:17] Oh, no. Zeus, no. 哦 不 宙斯 不…
[2:09:20] Hold on. Hold on. 坚持住坚持住…
[2:09:24] Be brave. 勇敢些…
[2:09:26] Be brave. 勇敢些…
[2:09:28] Oh, Zeus. 哦 宙斯
[2:09:32] Our quest for gold and glory evaporated as we realized… 我们对黄金和荣誉的渴望化为泡影
[2:09:35] … there was none to be had. 因为我们意识到这里什么也得不到
[2:09:38] Tempers worsened. 心情愈加恶劣
[2:09:40] We massacred all indians who resisted. 我们屠杀了所有反抗的印度人
[2:09:43] And with the local water putrid… 当地的水源腐坏了
[2:09:46] … we drank the strong wine. 我们只能狂饮烈酒
[2:10:42] And as we moved south and east… 在我们向东南移动过程中
[2:10:45] … Alexander often returned the lands we’d conquered to their defeated kings… 亚历山大经常向那些…被我们征服的国王归还土地
[2:10:50] … so as to make them allies. 以此来和他们结为盟友
[2:10:52] But this did not sit well with the army… 但是将士们对此不太乐意
[2:10:56] … who began to wonder: 大家开始疑虑:
[2:10:58] Were we here for riches? Or had Alexander… 我们在这里是为了财富? 还是亚历山大?
[2:11:01] … in some remorseless and crazed quest to imitate the glory of Herakles… 出于顽固和疯狂的需求 在模仿赫拉克勒斯的荣耀
[2:11:05] … forgotten them? 从而忘记了他们?
[2:11:08] One thing an army knows quickly in their bones… 军队们第一迅速反映起来的就是…
[2:11:11] … is which way the gods are blowing. 那些神灵是怎么样遭受到打击的
[2:12:42] Kiss him! 亲他!
[2:13:08] To Bagoas. To Bagoas! 敬巴高斯 敬巴高斯!
[2:13:16] And to my mother’s god, Dionysus… Dionysus! 敬我母亲的神 狄俄尼索斯 狄俄尼索斯!
[2:13:21] …who, we’re told by our Indian allies, traveled here before Herakles… 印度的首领告诉我们 早在赫拉克勒斯之前 他就曾来过这
[2:13:25] …some 6000 years ago. 大约6000年前
[2:13:28] To a hero. 为英雄干杯!
[2:13:30] To a hero! 为英雄干杯!
[2:13:52] Roxane. 罗克珊娜
[2:14:00] You lose face. 你真丢脸
[2:14:02] These Indians… 这些印度人
[2:14:04] …they are a low, evil people. 他们是下贱 邪恶的人
[2:14:06] You don’t try to understand them. 你不要去试图了解他们
[2:14:09] I try. 我要试
[2:14:11] But this I know, Alexander. 但是我知道 亚历山大
[2:14:14] In Persia, you are a great king. 在波斯 你是伟大的王
[2:14:18] Here… 这里
[2:14:19] …they hate you. 他们恨你
[2:14:24] Let us go back to Babylon. 让我们回巴比伦吧
[2:14:28] There, you are strong. 那里 你才是强大的
[2:14:32] We’ll talk about this later. 我们迟些时候再谈这个
[2:14:35] Yes. 好
[2:14:36] Later. 迟些时候
[2:14:38] Talk. 再说
[2:14:42] I shall come. 我会来
[2:14:44] Tonight. 今晚
[2:14:47] And I shall wait. 我会等你
[2:14:50] Good night, my king. 晚安 我的王
[2:14:54] Your Majesty. 陛下
[2:14:58] Come, Alexander, drink with us. 过来 亚历山大 和我们一起喝酒
[2:15:03] Alexander. Alexander! 亚历山大 亚历山大!
[2:15:08] I remember a time you hated how your father drank. 我记得曾经有段时间…你很厌恶你父亲酗酒
[2:15:13] Now I know why. 现在我知道为什么了
[2:15:17] Dionysus is hero. 狄俄尼索斯是英雄
[2:15:22] But he is also mind breaker. 但他也是个疯子
[2:15:26] He destroys our self-control. 他破坏我们的自我控制
[2:15:30] Self-control is a lover I’ve known too long, Ptolemy. 自我控制就像情人…我对他了解很深 托勒密
[2:15:37] The struggle worries me to the bone. 奋斗在骨子里时刻提醒我
[2:15:41] And success I find to be as corrupt as failure. 成功是腐败和失败的开端
[2:15:45] But Dionysus, bless his ancient soul… 但是狄俄尼索斯 愿他古老的灵魂
[2:15:50] …frees me from myself. 让我自由
[2:15:53] And then, I move up. 然后 我会上升
[2:15:59] I’m simply, Alexander. 我是单纯的 亚历山大
[2:16:06] A toast to Bagoas. 我要向巴高斯敬酒
[2:16:10] And the 30,000 beautiful Persian boys… 向三万美丽的波斯男孩们
[2:16:14] …we’re training to fight in this great army. 我们训练他们…在这支伟大的军队里战斗
[2:16:20] And to the memory of Philip. 为了纪念菲利浦
[2:16:22] Had he lived to see his Macedonians… 如果他还活着 看着他的马其顿人民
[2:16:25] …transformed into such… 被改造成了一支
[2:16:28] …a pretty army. 漂亮的军队
[2:16:32] To Philip. 敬菲利浦
[2:16:34] To a real hero. 敬真正的英雄
[2:16:36] Philip! 菲利浦!
[2:16:41] To Cleitus and his new appointment as satrap of Bactria. 敬克雷塔斯 他已被任命为大夏总督了
[2:16:46] Cleitus. 克雷塔斯
[2:16:49] That’s a fancy way of putting it, Ptolemy. 你挑了个好时候告诉我 托勒密
[2:16:52] But we all know what a pension and an exile is… 但到时候…我们就知道什么是养老和流放
[2:16:55] …after 30 years’ service. 在干了30年之后
[2:16:58] Exile? 流放?
[2:17:00] From where, Cleitus? 从哪? 克雷塔斯?
[2:17:01] From my home, Alexander, Macedonia. 从我们的家 亚历山大 马其顿
[2:17:04] You could’ve asked me where I wanted to spend the rest of my life. 你曾经问过我余生想在哪里度过
[2:17:08] You call governing this major province exile? 你认为管理这个主省叫做流放?
[2:17:12] Has Your Majesty given any of his closest companions… 陛下曾经给过他任何亲密的战友
[2:17:16] …a province so far from home? 一个如此远离家乡的省吗?
[2:17:19] Then you won’t make a very good satrap, will you, Cleitus? 所以你不想做个好总督…克雷塔斯?
[2:17:25] So be it. 就是这样
[2:17:27] Let me rot in Macedonian rags… 让我在马其顿的破衣旧食中腐烂
[2:17:31] …rather than shine… 也好过在
[2:17:33] …in Eastern pomp. 这华丽的东方蛮国
[2:17:36] I won’t quake and bow down like the sycophants you have around you. 我不想跟那些拍马屁的人一样…围在你周围卑躬曲膝
[2:17:40] Hephaistion, Nearchus, Perdiccas. 赫菲斯提安 尼阿克斯 佩迪克斯
[2:17:45] As governor of one of our most Asian of satrapies… 都是我们广阔的亚洲土地上的长官
[2:17:49] …Cleitus, does it not occur to you that if my Persian subjects… 克雷塔斯 难道你不懂…如果波斯臣民在我面前鞠躬…
[2:17:55] …bow down before me, it’s important for them to do so? 是因为这对他们很重要?
[2:17:57] Do I insist on Greeks doing the same? 我有坚持让希腊人也这么做吗?
[2:18:00] You accept Greek offerings as a son of Zeus, do you not? 希腊人都说你是宙斯的儿子…你不是接受了?
[2:18:07] Only when offered. 只有他们愿意说的时候
[2:18:09] Why don’t you refuse these vain flatteries? 那你为什么不拒绝…这些没有意义的奉承?
[2:18:12] What freedom is this, to bow before you? 向你鞠躬也是自由?
[2:18:15] You bow before Herakles, and he was mortal… 你不是也向赫拉克勒斯鞠躬吗? 他也是凡人
[2:18:18] …but a son of Zeus. 但是 宙斯的儿子…
[2:18:19] How can you, so young, compare yourself to Herakles? 你这么年轻 怎能和赫拉克勒斯相比?
[2:18:24] Why not? 为什么…不行?
[2:18:29] I’ve achieved more in my years. 我取得的成就已经比他多
[2:18:31] Traveled as far. 去得一样远
[2:18:33] Probably farther. 也许更远
[2:18:34] Herakles did it by himself. 赫拉克勒斯是凭自己的力量做到的
[2:18:37] Did you conquer Asia by yourself, Alexander? 你征服亚洲是全靠自己吗? 亚历山大?
[2:18:40] Who planned the Asian invasion… 谁计划进军亚洲
[2:18:42] …when you were still being spanked on your bottom by my sister Lanice? 当你还在被我姐姐拉奈斯…追着打屁股的时候?
[2:18:46] Was it not your father? 不是你父亲吗?
[2:18:48] Or is his blood no longer good enough? 还是他的血脉不够高贵了?
[2:18:50] Zeus-Amon, is it? You insult me, Cleitus. 那就宙斯·阿蒙? 你侮辱我 克雷塔斯
[2:18:54] You mock my family. Be careful. 你嘲笑我的家人 当心点
[2:18:57] Never would your father have taken barbarians as his friends… 你父亲可从来没把蛮人当朋友
[2:19:01] …asked us to fight with them as equals in war. 让我们和他们平等一起战斗
[2:19:04] Are we not good enough any longer? 我们不再出色了吗?
[2:19:06] I remember a time… 我记得
[2:19:08] …when we could talk as men, straight to the eye. 我们曾经可以直视着对方眼睛说话
[2:19:11] None of this scraping, groveling. 不会像这样低声下气
[2:19:14] I remember a time when we hunted… 我记得我们曾经去打猎
[2:19:17] …when we wrestled on the gymnasium floor. 一起在广场的土地上摔跤
[2:19:20] Now you kiss them? 现在你去亲他们?
[2:19:23] Take a barbarian, childless wife and dare call her queen? 娶一个不育的蛮女 让我们叫她王后?
[2:19:31] Go quickly, Cleitus, before you ruin your life. 快走 克雷塔斯 趁你还没送命前
[2:19:38] Doesn’t your great pride fear the gods any longer? 你已经傲慢自大到连神都不敬了吗?
[2:19:43] This army… This army is your blood, boy! 这支军队这支军队是你的心血!
[2:19:47] Without it, you’re nothing! 没有他们 你什么也不是!
[2:19:54] You no longer serve the purpose of this march! 你不再被允许为这次出征效力!
[2:19:58] Get him from my sight! I don’t serve your purpose? ! 让他离开我的视线! 我不是为你效力? !
[2:20:01] What was I serving when I saved your puppy life at Gaugamela? 那我在高加米拉救了你这只小狗…算是为谁效力?
[2:20:05] Were you Zeus’ boy? What if I left you to die in the dust there? 宙斯的儿子? 要是我当时…把你丢弃在那的尘土里呢?
[2:20:08] Do you think we’d be forced now to mate with brown apes? 你认为我们还能在这里…被迫跟那些猿猴们坐在一起?
[2:20:12] Alexander! 亚历山大!
[2:20:14] Turn out the guards! Arrest him for treason! 叫护卫来!以判国罪逮捕他!
[2:20:22] I’ll go with him. Alexander. 我和他一起走 亚历山大
[2:20:23] Who’s with him? No. 谁和你一起? 不
[2:20:25] Who’s with him? 谁和他一起?
[2:20:27] I call Father Zeus to witness. 我要请宙斯做见证
[2:20:30] I call you to trial before him! 我会在他面前举行审讯!
[2:20:32] And we’ll see how deep this conspiracy cuts! 我要看着你的阴谋败露!
[2:20:35] Take him! In the name of the gods, get him out! 抓住他! 以神之名 带他走!
[2:20:38] Now look at you! Great white ass, Alexander. 看看你自己! 伟大而又愚蠢的驴亚历山大
[2:20:42] Hiding behind his fairy god! 躲在他的神父后面
[2:20:44] Or are you too great to remember whose life was saved by me? ! 或者你太自大…已经连我救了谁的命…都不记得了?
[2:20:50] I am more a man than you’ll ever be! Ever! Get him out! 我比你更像一个人 永远! 带他走!
[2:20:56] He’s gone. He’s gone. Alexander. 他已经走了 他已经走了 亚历山大
[2:21:01] Come on! 过来!
[2:21:02] What a tyrant you are! An evil tyrant you’ve become, Alexander. 你这个暴君!你已经成了…邪恶的暴君了 亚历山大
[2:21:07] You speak of plots against you? What about poor Parmenion? 你在说阴谋反对你吗? 那可怜的帕曼纽呢?
[2:21:11] Get out! 出去!
[2:21:12] He served you well. Look how you repaid him. 他忠心的跟随你 看看你是怎么回报他的
[2:21:15] You made me do your foul deed. Have you no shame? 你让我去暗算他 你不羞愧吗?
[2:21:18] You ungrateful wretch! No one, not my vilest enemy, has spoken like you to me. 你这个薄情的人!没有一个人…哪怕是中伤我的敌人 也没有像你这样对我讲话
[2:21:22] Getting what I say? ! Despot. False king. 介意我说什么? 好一个暴君
[2:21:27] You and your barbarian mother live in shame. 你和你的野蛮母亲 都生活在羞耻中
[2:21:54] Cleitus. 克雷塔斯
[2:21:56] Oh, my Cleitus. Cleitus. 哦 我的克雷塔斯 克雷塔斯
[2:22:05] Let me pass. None can enter. 让我过去 谁也不能进来
[2:22:07] I am the queen. 我是皇后
[2:22:17] I want to see him. I’ve waited three days. 我要见他 我已经等了三天了
[2:22:19] He says none, not even you. 他不见任何人 包括你
[2:22:23] He needs me. No, he doesn’t. 他需要我 不 他不需要
[2:22:27] And he needs you? 难道他需要你?
[2:22:31] Hephaistion, you make a mistake. 赫菲斯提安 你犯了个错误
[2:22:36] The army grows restless, questioning. 军队开始变得不稳定 疑惑重重
[2:22:42] Alexander. 亚历山大
[2:22:46] They need your reassurance. 他们需要你的安抚
[2:22:49] Heinous. 可憎的
[2:22:51] Like an old lover they forgive, but they will never forget. 他们就像旧情人一样会原谅你 但永远不会忘记
[2:22:55] He was an aging drunk. He was my friend. 他是个老酒鬼 他是我朋友
[2:23:02] His sister Lanice nursed me. 他姐姐拉奈斯一直照顾我
[2:23:05] And how did I repay her? 我要怎么去和她讲?
[2:23:09] Two brothers dead, fighting him by my own hands. 两个兄弟死了 死在我的手上
[2:23:12] Her last remaining blood. 她最后的血亲
[2:23:18] What will she do but weep on the day of my birth? 她会在我出生那天怎样的哭泣?
[2:23:24] Come. You know more than any… 来 你要知道很多人
[2:23:27] …great deeds are done by men who took and never regretted. 做了最疯狂的事也不会后悔
[2:23:31] You’re Alexander. 你是亚历山大
[2:23:34] Pity and grief will only destroy you. 后悔和悲伤只会毁掉你
[2:23:36] Have I become so arrogant that I am blind? 我是不是太傲慢以至于瞎了眼?
[2:23:43] Sometimes, to expect the best of everyone is… 有时候 希望每个人做到最好
[2:23:49] arrogance. 就是一种傲慢
[2:23:52] Then Cleitus spoke true. I have become a tyrant. 克雷塔斯说的是真的 我已成了暴君
[2:23:58] No. 不
[2:24:02] But perhaps a stranger. 应该说是奇人
[2:24:06] You’ve gone too far. 你走得太远
[2:24:09] They don’t understand you anymore. 他们不再了解你
[2:24:14] They speak of Philip now… 他们现在说起菲利浦的样子
[2:24:18] …as if I were a passing cloud… 就像我是一片浮云
[2:24:22] …soon to be forgotten. 很快就会被忘记
[2:24:26] I’ve failed… 我失败了
[2:24:28] …utterly. 完全的
[2:24:32] You’re mortal. 你是凡人
[2:24:34] And they know it. 他们了解
[2:24:36] And they forgive you because you make them proud of themselves. 他们会原谅你因为你令他们骄傲
[2:24:41] Philip once said… 菲利浦曾经说过
[2:24:46] …that there’s a Titan in all of us. 我们之中有一个泰坦
[2:24:50] That they wait, mixed in our ashes. 那是他们等待的…从我们的骨灰中诞生的
[2:24:58] It wasn’t because of the wine, I killed. 这不是因为酒的问题 我杀了人
[2:25:01] It was because I wanted to. 因为我想要这么做
[2:25:32] Philip, King of Macedonia… 菲利浦 马其顿王
[2:25:35] …and leader of the Greeks. 希腊的领袖
[2:25:38] All my life, I’ve waited to see Greeks grovel with respect for Macedonia. 我这一生都在等着…希腊人恭敬地来马其顿
[2:25:44] Today is that day. 今天终于等到了
[2:25:51] They say already, “Philip was a great general… 他们已经说菲利浦是个伟大的将军
[2:25:54] …but Alexander is simply great.” 但亚历山大却是伟大的本身
[2:25:59] But if you ever insult me again… 可是你要是再侮辱我一次
[2:26:02] …l’ll kill you. 我会杀了你
[2:26:10] I’ve missed you. 我很想念你
[2:26:11] In the spring, Persia. 春天在波斯的时候
[2:26:14] You’ll command my horse from the right. 你将指挥我的右翼骑兵
[2:26:16] I’m honored, Father. I wouldn’t miss it… 我的荣幸 父亲 我不会错过
[2:26:19] …for all the gold in the world. 即使用全世界的黄金和我交换
[2:26:21] Which, one day, you’ll have. 总有一天你会得到
[2:26:40] Making himself a 13th god. 他自立为第十三神
[2:26:42] He’s drunk so much wine, my poor Philip, he’s lost his mind. 我看他是酒喝多了 我可怜的菲利浦失去了意志
[2:26:50] Your Majesty. Attalus. 陛下 阿特拉斯
[2:26:57] I hope the prince is enjoying the spectacle… 我希望王子也会欣赏这个场面
[2:27:00] …as much as our regent. 就像我们的摄政王
[2:27:03] He’s very tired. 他很累了
[2:27:09] Hey. 嘿
[2:27:14] Pausanias, bring the rest of the guard. Royal guard! 帕塞亚斯 把其他卫兵带走 御前护卫!
[2:27:17] To the arena! March! 朝竞技场前进!
[2:27:20] No guard, Your Majesty? In all this crowd? 没有护卫 陛下? 还有这么多人?
[2:27:23] Greeks all over the place. Cleitus, Cleitus. 周围都是希腊人 克雷塔斯 克雷塔斯
[2:27:27] My Cleitus. 我的克雷塔斯
[2:27:29] This man you can always trust, Alexander. 这个人你可以一直信任 亚历山大
[2:27:32] Treat him as you would me. 对待他就像对待我一样
[2:27:34] He’ll guard your back for you. 他可以保护你的后背
[2:27:37] Yes, Father. 是 父亲
[2:27:39] My people are guard enough today. 今天有足够的人保护我
[2:27:42] Let these Greeks see for themselves how I can walk through my people. 让那些希腊人自己看看 我能走到我的人民中间
[2:27:45] Then let them call me tyrant. 让他们叫我暴君!
[2:27:47] Bring the main guard in after my entry only. 主力卫队等我进去再进来
[2:27:51] Cleitus, make sure the wine flows steady all day. 克雷塔斯 你要保证…一整天都有足够的美酒
[2:27:55] I want them to like me. 我要让他们喜爱我
[2:28:04] Weren’t you told? I go in alone. 不是告诉你了? 我要单独进去
[2:28:07] Follow with the main guard. 去跟着卫队
[2:28:09] Go on. 去啊
[2:28:13] Go on. Father, it’s best I go with you. 去啊父亲 我最好还是跟着你
[2:28:19] You want the world to see you’re my successor. 你想要所有人都看见你是我的继承人
[2:28:22] Is that what she wants? 是她叫你这样做?
[2:28:25] Don’t look so hurt all the time, Alexander. Be a man. 别整天看起来一副受委屈的样子 亚历山大 像个男人
[2:28:28] You count yourself lucky you were here at all today, after your public display. 你今天要在公众面前…表现出你是被幸运眷顾的
[2:28:36] By Herakles, by Zeus, by all the gods… 赫拉克勒斯 宙斯 众神在上
[2:28:38] …obey me this once! 听我这一回!
[2:28:42] Have courage, Father. 勇气伴随你 父亲
[2:28:45] And go on your way rejoicing that at each step… 当你走过每一步
[2:28:47] …you may recall your valor. 你可以想起你的英勇
[2:29:25] And now, our beloved King Philip… 现在 我们被爱戴的菲利浦王
[2:29:29] …in whose honor these wedding games begin. 将做为比赛开场的主持人
[2:29:50] Pausanias, I told you- 帕塞亚斯 我告诉你…
[2:30:02] Who’s your new friend? 谁是你的新伙伴?
[2:30:03] There’s your new friend. 这是你的新伙伴
[2:30:06] No! Please, don’t! No! 不!住手!不!
[2:31:48] The king lives! 国王还活着!
[2:31:51] Alexander, son of Philip! 亚历山大 菲利浦的儿子!
[2:31:54] May the gods bless the king! 神在保佑着国王!
[2:32:00] Alexander is king! 亚历山大是王!
[2:32:06] You’re king now. You’re king. 你现在是王了 你是国王!
[2:32:09] Long live Alexander! 亚历山大万岁!
[2:32:14] Alexander! King Alexander! 亚历山大! 亚历山大王!
[2:32:18] Alexander! 亚历山大!
[2:32:23] Alexander is king! 亚历山大是国王!
[2:32:29] May the gods bless Alexander! 神在保佑亚历山大!
[2:32:34] May the gods bless the king! 神在保佑着王!
[2:32:38] Alexander! 亚历山大!
[2:32:57] You break my heart, you men. 你伤了我的心 你们这些人
[2:33:00] Afraid. 可怕
[2:33:03] Of course you have fears. 你一定很恐惧
[2:33:05] We all have fears… 我们都在恐惧
[2:33:06] …because no one has ever gone this far before. 因为之前没有人走过这么远的路
[2:33:10] And now we are weeks from the encircling ocean, our route home. 现在我们离环绕陆地的大洋…只有几周的路程 那是我们的发源地
[2:33:15] We’ll build a fleet of ships… 我们会造一支舰队
[2:33:16] …and sail all the way back down the Nile to Egypt. 沿着尼罗河去埃及
[2:33:20] And from Alexandria, we shall be home within weeks. 从亚历山大港出发到家只要几星期
[2:33:23] There to be reunited with our loved ones. 可以和我们的亲人团聚
[2:33:25] To share our great treasures and tales of Asia. 和他们分享财富和亚洲的故事
[2:33:29] And to enjoy our imperishable glory to the ends of time. 接受永不磨灭的荣光
[2:33:35] Follow Alexander. I’ll follow you. 跟着亚历山大 我跟着你
[2:33:43] What? 什么?
[2:33:45] Silence? We’re with you, Alexander! 沉默? 我们和你一起 亚历山大!
[2:33:49] Crateros. 格雷塔斯
[2:33:53] Crateros. 格雷塔斯
[2:33:54] And another one. 和另外一个人
[2:34:07] My king. 我的王
[2:34:09] I’m a fighting man. 我是一个战士
[2:34:11] I don’t like no bellyaching. I won’t tolerate it in any of my units. 我不是要抱怨…也不容许我的部队这样做
[2:34:16] I lost many a man. 我损失了很多人
[2:34:20] Young ones, never been with a woman. 年轻的小伙子们还从来没碰过女人
[2:34:23] Some died of disease. 一些死于疾病
[2:34:26] Some were butchered in Scythia by the banks of the Oxus. 有人在奥克苏的河边被砍死
[2:34:30] Some died good. 有人死得荣耀
[2:34:32] Some just didn’t get no luck. 有人死于运气不好
[2:34:36] But they died. 但他们都死了
[2:34:40] Forty thousand I come over with eight years ago. 八年前 我和四万人一起跟着你
[2:34:44] And we march after you more than 10,000 miles. 我们已跟随你征战了十万英里的路
[2:34:49] In the rain and the sun, we fought for you. 在烈日和暴雨中 大家为你而战斗
[2:34:53] Some of us, 50 battles we’ve been in. 这里的一些人…已经参与了五十场左右的战争
[2:34:56] We killed many a barbarian. 我们杀了很多蛮族
[2:35:01] And now when I look around, how many of them faces do I see? 看看四周 还剩下多少熟悉的脸?
[2:35:06] Now you want us to fight more of these crazy monkey tribes east of here. 现在你还要我们在东方…和更多疯狂猴子般的部落战斗
[2:35:09] We hear talk of thousands of these elephant monsters… 我们能听到穿越上百条河流传来
[2:35:13] …cross a hundred more rivers. 成千上万大象怪物的怒吼
[2:35:17] Crateros. Good Crateros. 格雷塔斯 说得好 格雷塔斯
[2:35:22] Who better than you to speak, most noble of men. 有哪一个会比你说得更动听? 你是最高尚的人
[2:35:28] But you know there’s no part of me without a scar or a bone broken. 可你们知不知道…我自己也是遍体鳞伤
[2:35:32] By sword, knife, stone, catapult and club. I’ve shared every hardship with all of you. 被那些刀剑刺 石头砸 炮轰棍打 我和你们每个人都经受着同样的苦
[2:35:38] Aye, you have, my king, and we love you for it. 是的 我的国王 所以我们因为这些而拥戴你
[2:35:43] But, by Zeus, too many have died. 但是死的人已经太多了
[2:35:47] You have no children, Alexander, and we’re just… 你没有孩子 亚历山大 我们只是…
[2:35:50] …humble men, we seek no disturbance with the gods. All we wish for… 卑贱的凡人 不想惊扰诸神 我们全部的愿望…
[2:35:55] …is to see our children and our wives and our grandchildren one last time… 是想回家看看…我们的妻儿和孙子 见最后一次
[2:36:02] …before we join our brothers in that dark house they call Hades. 在我们像那些兄弟一样…去那个叫冥府的黑屋子报道之前
[2:36:10] Yes. You’re right, Crateros. 格雷塔斯 你说得对
[2:36:14] I have been negligent. 是我疏忽了
[2:36:17] I should’ve sent you veterans home sooner, and I will. 我应该尽快送你们这些老兵回家 我将尽快…
[2:36:20] The first of you shall be the Silver Shields. 首先是近卫部队
[2:36:23] Then every man who’s served seven years. With full pensions from our treasury. 然后是所有服役七年的人 所有养老金由我来发
[2:36:30] And respected, rich, loved. 受人尊敬 富有 被人爱戴
[2:36:33] You’ll be treated by your wives and children as heroes for the rest of your lives… 在你们的余生中…都会被子孙后代当成英雄来崇拜
[2:36:39] …and enjoy a peaceful death. 最后平静地死去
[2:36:44] But you dream, Crateros. 但是你的梦想 格雷塔斯
[2:36:47] Your simplicity long ended when you took Persian mistresses and children… 你的纯朴…早在你和波斯女人生孩子之时
[2:36:51] …and you thickened your holdings with plunder and jewels. 在你用金银和珠宝…充斥你的腰包时就完结了
[2:36:56] Because you’ve fallen in love with all the things in life that destroy men. 因为你迷上了人生中…所有可以毁掉你…作为一个男子汉的东西
[2:37:03] Do you not see? 难道你没有看见?
[2:37:06] And you, as well as I, know… 你我都清楚
[2:37:10] …that as the years decline and the memories stale… 岁月流逝会使记忆淡忘
[2:37:14] …and all your great victories fade… 你所有的胜利都会褪色
[2:37:17] …it will always be remembered, you left your king in Asia! 人们会永远记得…你在亚洲…抛弃了你的王!
[2:37:23] For I will go on, with my Asians. 我会继续前进 和我的亚洲士兵
[2:37:29] To the jackals with you, then, Alexander. We come for you, and you discard us. 和你的走狗们一起去吧 亚历山大 我们为你前进 而你抛弃我们
[2:37:34] Shame! We want to go home, Alexander. 耻辱! 我们要回家 亚历山大
[2:37:36] We’re tired of glory. 我们已经对荣誉厌倦了
[2:37:38] We want to see our wives and children before we die. 我们想在死之前…见到我们的妻儿
[2:37:43] I’ve got children I haven’t even seen. 我已经有了孩子…可我还从未见过
[2:37:49] I want to see my children. 我想见我的孩子
[2:37:52] I paid for your bastard children. I’ve taken nothing for myself. 我出钱养你们的小杂种 我自己什么也没有拿
[2:37:56] And all I’ve asked of you is one more month. 我所要的只是…你们再跟随我一个月
[2:37:58] Shame. That’s your king. 耻辱 那是你的国王
[2:38:01] What would your father say? 你的父亲会说什么?
[2:38:03] I’ve taken you further than my father ever dreamed. 我实现了我父亲和你们父亲的梦
[2:38:06] So go home. I look to the barbarians for their courage. 所以回家吧 让那些野蛮人来打 他们有勇气
[2:38:11] I go east. 我去东方
[2:38:13] He wants us dead so we can’t speak of his crimes. 他想让我们去死 来满足他的罪恶
[2:38:15] Who said that? We won’t make it to Macedonia. 谁说的? 我们永远不会回马其顿
[2:38:18] You despicable coward. Come forth. 你这下流的懦夫 到前面来
[2:38:20] Make your accusations public. So you can have us killed? 当着大家的面说 为什么 想让我们去死吗?
[2:38:23] Son of Zeus. You desecrate your real father’s memory. 宙斯的儿子 你亵渎了你父亲的名声
[2:38:26] Or did you murder him like you did Cleitus? Hide in this mob because I’ll take your life. 或者你要谋杀他…就像谋杀克雷塔斯? 躲在里面吧 因为我要宰了你
[2:38:42] You men insult my honor, my paternity. Arrest him. 你们侮辱了我的自尊…我父亲的名声 阻止他!
[2:38:47] And him. Yes. And you, this loudmouth Demetrius. 还有他 是的 还有你…声音最大的德米特里厄斯
[2:38:51] You call me murderer? I have no such blood on my hands. 你叫我凶手? 我的双手从未染过血
[2:38:55] And him. Yes, you’ll know the pain of treason. 还有他 是的 你会知道叛逆的痛苦
[2:38:59] You mock my shame for Cleitus and say I’d harm a hair of my father’s head. 你因为克雷塔斯嘲笑我的羞耻 还说我侮辱了我父亲高贵的名声
[2:39:04] Arrest him. After all I’ve done for you, you swine. 阻止他!我为你们做了这么多…你们这些猪猡为什么!
[2:39:08] You cowards. Traitors. 懦夫 叛徒
[2:39:12] Come on, then. Where are your daggers? 过来啊你们的短剑在哪里?
[2:39:17] In smashing the mutiny and executing the ringleaders… 在粉碎了兵变和惩罚了领头人之后
[2:39:22] … he did nothing, to my mind, that any general in wartime would not have done. 在我看来 他做的只是任何将军…都会在战争中做的事
[2:39:27] But clearly, the army was divided. 但很明显的 军队分裂了
[2:39:31] And Alexander was no longer loved by all. 亚历山大不再受所有人的拥护了
[2:39:38] He drove on, south to the outer ocean. 他继续南去寻找海洋
[2:39:44] I confess a disappointment. 我承认失望了
[2:39:47] Especially on these reports of your taking on Eastern ways. 特别是这些关于你继续东行的报告
[2:39:52] Beware how these manners inflame the senses with pride. 要知道 这样的行径…来自骄傲情绪的滋长
[2:39:58] However, I have lived long enough now… 我毕竟经历世事如此长久
[2:40:02] …to question… 敢于质疑
[2:40:04] …when so many others invest such emotion in their disrespect for you. 何时开始 这么多人对你如此不满
[2:40:10] I can only hope that you continue what you began as the boy I knew at 12. 我只希望 你可以继续当我…一开始了解的那个12岁少年
[2:40:17] Be that man always, Alexander, and you will not slip. 一定要变回那种人 亚历山大…你才不会跌倒
[2:40:22] And perhaps you will prove this old materialist… 虽然你一直这么看我
[2:40:27] …as you always thought me: 但也许你会证明我这个老现实主义者
[2:40:30] A dreamer after all. 不过是个梦想家而已
[2:40:52] Stay calm. 保持镇定
[2:40:54] Together we are strong as gods. 只要保持一致我们就如神一样强大
[2:40:58] Cover with your left, strike hard with your right. 左手防护 右手狠狠的打
[2:41:06] Fear is rot. A waste of time. 恐惧是种腐败 浪费时间
[2:41:15] Lock shields. 盾牌手!
[2:41:19] Battle positions. 战斗队形
[2:41:23] Move. 前进
[2:41:34] Choppers, prepare your knives. 大军 准备好你们的武器
[2:41:37] Follow me. 跟着我
[2:41:51] Strike hard, boys. Strike hard. 用力打 孩子们 用尽全力
[2:42:13] Come, Macedonians. Why do you hang back? Hurry. 来吧 马其顿人 为何退缩? 快点
[2:42:18] Cavalry! 骑兵!
[2:42:28] Split to thirds. Regroup and encircle. 分裂至第三队 重组包围
[2:42:51] Hold the line. 保持队伍
[2:42:55] We must hide! 我们必须躲!
[2:43:36] Oh, no. Cavalry on me. Follow Alexander. 哦 不 骑兵压上我了 跟着亚历山大
[2:43:45] Charge. Charge. Charge. 冲锋 冲锋 冲锋
[2:43:52] The phalanx is in jeopardy. 我们的方阵很危险
[2:43:54] Meleager, ride to Pharnakes and tell him return to the center. 墨勒根 去找法内客斯…告诉他回到中央来 是!
[2:43:58] Find Hephaistion at the riverbank and bring all cavalry to the center. 叫岸上的赫菲斯缇安…带所有骑兵到中央来
[2:44:01] We must reach Crateros before it’s too late. 我们必须尽快赶到格雷塔斯那里
[2:44:28] Hephaistion. To the center. 赫菲斯提安 到中间来
[2:44:34] Come, Macedonians. Ride. 冲啊!马其顿人 冲!
[2:44:37] Ride! 冲!
[2:45:36] Coenus! Get out of there. 科纳斯!快离开那!
[2:45:40] No. 不!
[2:46:11] The horses won’t go. On foot, then. 马不肯走了 用脚走
[2:46:21] Fall back, men! Fall back! 退后 所有人!退后!
[2:46:26] Come, Bucephalus. 来吧 布塞佛勒斯
[2:46:32] Fear not, my friend. 不要怕 我的朋友
[2:46:37] Bucephalus. 布赛佛勒斯
[2:46:39] ‘Tis only sun and shadow. 这只是太阳的影子
[2:46:44] Bucephalus and Alexander. 布赛佛勒斯和亚历山大
[2:46:46] One last time, it’s you and me. 这是最后一次 你和我…
[2:46:50] Isn’t it a lovely thing to live with great courage… 又是一次选择…借着伟大的勇气生存下去
[2:46:53] …and to die leaving an everlasting fame? 还是带着湮灭的火焰死去?
[2:46:56] Come, Macedonians. Why do you retreat? 来啊马其顿人 为什么要退后?
[2:47:00] Do you want to live forever? In the name of Zeus, attack. 你们想要得到永生吗?
[2:47:22] Attack. 以宙斯的名义 进攻
[2:47:25] Alexander! 进攻
[2:47:38] Alexander. 亚历山大
[2:49:13] The king is down! To the king! 国王倒下了! 快救国王!
[2:50:39] It was the bloodiest of his battles. 这是他最血腥的一战
[2:50:47] Pure butchery. 纯粹的屠杀
[2:50:54] We’d never be men again. 我们不再是人类
[2:52:15] Get out. 出去
[2:52:18] Go. 走
[2:52:24] How can you behave so shamelessly in public? 你怎能在众人面前表现得毫不动容?
[2:52:27] Because it was meant to be. 因为这是必须的
[2:52:29] This isn’t how I wanted to become king. 我不想因为这种手段成为国王
[2:52:31] No one blames you. They blame me behind my back! In secret. 没人责备你 他们在背后指责我!暗地里!
[2:52:36] Slander is not power. Shame is? 诽谤不会成为阻碍 那羞耻呢?
[2:52:40] Who killed my father? 谁杀了我父亲?
[2:52:43] Tell me. 告诉我
[2:52:44] Tell me, or shall I put you on trial for his murder? 告诉我 否则我将你送入谋杀审判
[2:52:47] Pausanias. He had help! 波斯人 他有帮手!
[2:52:50] Did you help him? 你帮他了吗?
[2:52:59] No, never. 不 从来没有
[2:53:02] Why? Why would I? 为什么? 为什么是我?
[2:53:06] So many wanted it. 很多人都想他死
[2:53:08] Greeks, Persians, men, women. 希腊人波斯人 无数男人和女人
[2:53:11] I’d be shocked if there were not a god he had not profaned. 如果他没有得罪神灵…我还会觉得奇怪呢
[2:53:14] How ironic though, in the end… 最后多么的讽刺
[2:53:16] …a boy he rutted with once too often returned the favor. 一个他曾经那么宠幸的男孩…给了他绝妙的回报
[2:53:19] You’re mad. You’re cursed. 你是疯狂的 邪恶的
[2:53:21] You’ve unleashed Furies, you don’t know their power. 你没有点燃那些愤怒…你不知道他们的力量
[2:53:24] Now who is exaggerating? 现在是谁在夸大其词?
[2:53:28] Even if it was the wish of your heart… 即使这是你心中的愿望
[2:53:31] That’s a lie! He was my father! I loved him! 这是谎言!他是我父亲!我爱他!
[2:53:33] He was not your father! 他不是你父亲!
[2:53:35] You owe no blood debt to that man. 你和他没有任何血缘
[2:53:38] You lie and lie and lie. 你骗我!骗我!骗我!
[2:53:41] So many lies you’ve spun like a sorceress, confusing me. 你就像个巫师一样…骗了我很多次 让我迷惑
[2:53:44] Look at you. Look at you. 看看你 看看你
[2:53:48] You are everything that he was not. 你没有一处像他
[2:53:51] He was coarse, you are refined. 他是粗野的 你是高贵的
[2:53:55] He was a general, and you are a king. 他是凡人 而你是王
[2:53:59] He could not rule himself… 他甚至无法控制自己
[2:54:01] …and you shall rule the world. 而你可以掌握这个世界
[2:54:04] You’re so cursed by all the gods when you speak like this. 你这样说会被所有的神诅咒
[2:54:08] Such thick pride… 如此的不敬
[2:54:10] …and no mourning for your husband. 对你的丈夫没有一丝悲痛
[2:54:12] Mourn… 悲痛
[2:54:14] …him? 他?
[2:54:16] What do you know of Philip? 关于菲利浦你知道多少?
[2:54:20] No, Alexander. Zeus is your father. 不 亚历山大 宙斯才是你父亲
[2:54:25] Act like it. My first act would be to kill you! 就像这样 我第一个念头就是要杀了你!
[2:54:30] You murdered me in my cradle. 你掐杀了摇篮中的我
[2:54:33] You birthed me in a sack of hate. 你在仇恨中生下了我
[2:54:35] Hate you have for those stronger than you. 憎恨那些强大过你的人
[2:54:38] Hate you have for men. I taught you my heart, Alexander! 憎恨占有你的人 我告诉你我的心 亚历山大!
[2:54:42] And by Zeus and Dionysus, you grew beautiful. 宙斯和狄俄尼索斯在上 你很优秀
[2:54:45] Damn your sorceress soul. 让你怪力乱神的灵魂去死吧
[2:54:47] Your soul is mine, Alexander. 你的灵魂是我的 亚历山大
[2:54:51] No! No! 不!不!
[2:54:54] You’ve taken from me everything I’ve ever loved and made me you! 你从我这里拿走了一切 用所谓的爱控制我 你!
[2:54:58] Stop it. Stop acting like a boy. 停!不许像个小男孩无理取闹!
[2:55:00] You’re a king. Act like one. 你是王!要有王的样子
[2:55:03] Parmenion is with us, for once. 帕曼纽暂时还站在我们这边
[2:55:05] Execute Attalus without delay. 处决阿特拉斯 不要犹豫
[2:55:07] Confiscate their lands and root out that family forever. 没收他们的领地 并且永远地驱逐他们的家族
[2:55:10] Eurydice? Never. 欧律狄克? 绝不
[2:55:12] Laugh, you monster. 笑吧 你这个怪物
[2:55:13] You heartbreaker. 你这个伤心的人
[2:55:15] How will you live out the year like this? 你想要在外面过这样的生活?
[2:55:18] Have you learned nothing from Philip? No. From you, Mother. 你从菲利浦那里什么也没学到吗? 不 是从你这里 母亲
[2:55:26] The best. 最强的人
[2:55:37] What have I done to make you hate me so? 我究竟做了什么使你如此恨我?
[2:55:45] One day, you will understand this. 总有一天 你会明白
[2:55:49] But I have only you in my heart. 我心里只有你一个人
[2:55:56] I know what you need. 我知道你想要什么
[2:56:00] Now is the time. 现在时机到了
[2:56:02] The gods favor you. 神在保佑你
[2:56:05] Great wealth, power, conquest. 不计其数的财产 力量征服
[2:56:08] All you desire. 所有你希望的
[2:56:10] The world is yours! 整个世界都是你的!
[2:56:13] Take it. 去拿吧!
[2:56:19] Take it. 去拿吧!
[2:56:43] He never saw his mother again. 他再也没有见过他的母亲
[2:56:50] And while he was away, fighting the Northern tribes… 从他离开 向北方部落征战开始
[2:56:54] … Olympias had Philip’s new wife, Eurydice, and her infant son murdered. 奥林匹亚斯杀死了菲利浦的…另一位妻子欧律狄克和她的婴儿
[2:57:00] By necessity, Alexander had her uncle Attalus executed. 必要的 亚历山大处决了…她的叔叔阿特拉斯
[2:57:46] He lives! Alexander! 他还活着了!亚历山大!
[2:58:12] Men of Macedon… 马其顿的人们
[2:58:15] …we’re going home. 我们回家
[2:58:18] What? What? 什么? 什么?
[2:58:21] Home? We’re going. 家? 我们回去了
[2:58:29] We’re going home. 我们要回家
[2:59:38] His life should have ended in india… 他的生命应该在印度结束
[2:59:42] … but that’s myth. 但这是神话
[2:59:45] In life, Herakles died of a poisoned shirt, given him in error by his jealous wife. 实际上 赫拉克勒斯死于有毒的衣服 来自他善嫉的妻子
[2:59:51] Great Zeus… 伟大的宙斯
[2:59:52] …we have worshipped you in blood. 我们在鲜血中敬拜你
[2:59:56] Look kindly on our homeward steps… 请慈悲地照看我们回家的步伐
[2:59:58] …and smile upon our backs. 请对我们的背影露出微笑
[3:00:06] May all those who come here after us know, when they see this altar… 当后来者看着这座祭台…他们可以知道…
[3:00:11] …that Titans were once here. 泰坦族曾经来过这里
[3:00:29] Making his devotions to the gods at the end of the great journey… 在伟大征途结束时 向诸神献祭
[3:00:33] … Alexander bade the East farewell and marched his army directly west… 亚历山大告别了东方 带着军队一直向西
[3:00:38] … across the great Gedrosian desert… 穿越了格德罗西亚大沙漠
[3:00:41] … seeking the shortest route home to Babylon. 寻找最近的路回巴比伦
[3:00:47] Here, he watched helplessly the cruel breaking of his army. 这里 他看见了自己军队…面临悲惨的重创
[3:00:52] Not by any human foe… 不是来自人类军队
[3:00:55] … but by nature. 而是自然
[3:00:58] To this day, there is no accounting of how many died. 到目前为止 已有数不清的人死去
[3:01:03] It was the worst blunder of his life. 这是他生命中最大的错误
[3:01:07] And when he finally reentered Babylon, after six years in the Far East… 在他终于抵达巴比伦…整整东征六年后
[3:01:12] … Alexander again seized the imagination of the world by taking two more wives. 亚历山大又重新燃起了对世界的渴望 在他娶了两个妻子后
[3:01:19] Now Alexander had three wives, two lovers… 现在亚历山大拥有三位妻子两个情人
[3:01:23] … a contentious mother and a turbulent Greece… 一个有争议的母亲 一个动乱的希腊
[3:01:26] … satraps of dutious loyalty in several provinces… 一些省份的忠诚的总督们
[3:01:30] … generals questioning his every decision. 将军们怀疑他的每一项举措
[3:01:33] And beneath it all, a restive new army made up of 10 Asians for every Greek… 在这之下 每个希腊人掌管一支…由十个亚洲人组成的军队
[3:01:39] … all held together by one slender thread. 一起由一个不稳定的国家线掌控着
[3:01:42] They took another reading. The harbor can only be dredged to 20 feet. 他们试了另一种方案 港口只能挖掘20英尺
[3:01:46] Then get a second opinion from the Phoenicians. It goes deeper. 他们采取了腓尼基人的第二种意见 现在挖得深些了
[3:01:49] Alexander. We’ll well over 12,000 talents on wood alone for the fleet. 亚历山大 我们的舰队…有12000多人的精英只穿着木甲
[3:01:55] And their armor costs are staggering. 他们的装甲花费浩大
[3:01:58] Cast another dye, we shall back them. How? 换个角度想 我们可以支持他们 怎么做?
[3:02:01] Our armor… Our Treasury… 我们的装甲 我们的国库
[3:02:03] With our future, Cassander, the best capital we have. 从我们的将来 喀山德 我们拥有最好的资本
[3:02:06] Even so, I seriously doubt the Phoenicians can make a timber quote in time. 虽然如此 我很严肃的怀疑 那些腓尼基人能及时提供木材来源
[3:02:10] Perhaps we could sail with fewer ships or delay until the spring… 也许我们可以用很少的船出航 或迟延到春天…
[3:02:14] There’ll be no delays, Nearchus. 不会有迟延 尼阿克斯
[3:02:16] Ptolemy, how goes our library? The trees are falling as we speak. 托勒密 我们的图书馆怎么样? 那些树已经按我们说的砍倒了
[3:02:21] Good. We must not forget our libraries. 很好 我们不能忘记我们的图书馆
[3:02:24] All the Alexandrias we have, I want libraries. 我要所有的亚历山大城都有图书馆
[3:02:35] Just last night he was… It’s the water, Your Majesty. 从昨晚开始他就这样了 是因为水 陛下
[3:02:38] He mixed it with the wine. 他在里面掺了酒
[3:02:41] But how can this be? 但怎么会这样的?
[3:02:43] Typhus of India? I wouldn’t tax yourself, Your Majesty. 印度的伤寒? 我不是在责怪你 陛下
[3:02:47] A few good nights’ rest will do it. But no wine or cold chicken. 好好休息几个晚上就行 不过 不能喝酒吃冷肉
[3:02:53] With the regimen of cares that I’ve put in place… 只要按我所嘱咐的休养方法
[3:02:56] Come, doctor. 走吧 医生
[3:03:11] I feel better. 我感觉好些了
[3:03:14] Soon, I’ll be up. 一会儿就能起来
[3:03:18] We leave for Arabia in the spring, and I couldn’t leave without you. 我们春天要离开去阿拉伯 我不能没有你
[3:03:23] Arabia. 阿拉伯
[3:03:28] You used to dress me up like a sheik… 你想让我扮成阿拉伯酋长一样
[3:03:34] …wave your wooden scimitar. 挥舞你的木军刀
[3:03:36] You were the only one who’d never let me win. 你是唯一一个我赢不了的人
[3:03:41] The only one who’s ever been honest with me. 只有你对我一直说实话
[3:03:45] You saved me from myself. 你拯救了我
[3:03:50] Please don’t leave me, Hephaistion. 不要离开我 赫菲斯提安
[3:04:02] I remember the young man who wanted to be Achilles… 我记得有个年轻人渴望成为阿喀琉斯
[3:04:07] …and then outdid him. 然后他成功了
[3:04:10] And then what happened? 今后会发生什么?
[3:04:12] Ours is a myth only young men believe. 我们的人生…是使那些年轻人相信是一个神话
[3:04:16] But how beautiful a myth it was. We reach, we fall. 但这神话是多么美丽啊我们登上顶峰 又跌下
[3:04:23] Oh, Hephaistion. 赫菲斯提安
[3:04:32] I worry for you without me. I am nothing without you. 我很担心你没有我会怎样 没有你我什么都不是
[3:04:38] Come, fight, Hephaistion. 振作起来 赫菲斯提安
[3:04:42] We will die together. 我们要死在一起
[3:04:48] We’ll have children with our wives, and our sons will play together as we once did. 我们会一起有孩子 我们的孩子会在一起玩 就像曾经的我们一样
[3:04:54] A thousand ships we’ll launch from here, Hephaistion. 我们会从这里发动一千艘船 赫菲斯提安
[3:04:59] We’ll round Arabia and sail up the gulf to Egypt. 我们将要环绕阿拉伯海湾直达埃及
[3:05:04] From there, we’ll build a channel through the desert and out to the Middle Sea. 我们要从那里修建穿越沙漠的大道 通向地中海
[3:05:09] And then we’ll move on Carthage. And that great island, Sicily, they’ll pay large tribute. 然后我们要去迦太基 还有那个大岛西西里 他们会大量地进贡
[3:05:15] After that, the Roman tribe, good fighters. We’ll beat them. 然后是罗马 优秀的战士我们会打败他们
[3:05:20] And then explore the northern forests… 然后探索北方森林
[3:05:23] …and out the Pillars of Herakles to the western ocean. 把赫拉克勒斯的柱子竖立在大西洋
[3:05:26] And then one day, populations will mix and travel freely. 然后有一天…当各民族自由地融合和交往时
[3:05:31] Asia and Europe will come together. 亚洲和欧洲会合二为一
[3:05:35] And we’ll grow old, Hephaistion… 然后我们会变老 赫菲斯提安
[3:05:40] …looking out our balcony at this new world. 在我们的露台上看着我们的新世界
[3:05:52] Hephaistion? 赫菲斯提安?
[3:05:56] Hephaistion? 赫菲斯提安?
[3:05:59] No! 不!
[3:06:05] Where is this doctor? I can’t explain this, Your Majesty. 那医生在哪? 我也不知道该怎么解释 陛下
[3:06:10] It’s not possible. I swear by Apollo. Execute him! 这是不可能的 我向阿波罗发誓 处决他!
[3:06:15] Take him out now and execute him. 把他带出去然后处决他!
[3:06:19] Come away, come away. Liars. Liars. You all hated him. All of you. 起来吧 起来吧 骗子!骗子!你们都恨他…所有人
[3:06:24] Get out. Get out now! 滚!全都滚!
[3:06:35] Be gone. 滚开
[3:06:38] Be gone with you! Harpies! Get out! Get out! 你们都走开!滚!滚出去!
[3:06:43] Are you drunk again? 你又喝醉了?
[3:06:45] Get out. He’s dead. 出去 他死了
[3:06:47] Who? Many hated him… 谁? 很多人恨他
[3:06:50] …but I don’t think any other would have dared. 但我想不出谁敢这么做
[3:06:54] Hephaistion is dead? 赫菲斯提安死了?
[3:07:00] Are you mad? 等一下
[3:07:04] You monster. 你这个怪物
[3:07:07] Are you mad? You’ve taken from me all I’ve ever loved. 你疯了? 你害死了我生命中最爱的人
[3:07:10] May all the Furies through time damn your miserable heart. Obey me. 狠毒的复仇女神 你这狠心的女人去死吧!
[3:07:15] Alexander. I have your child. Alexander. 亚历山大 我有了你的孩子…亚历山大
[3:07:22] Alexander, we have a son. No. 亚历山大 我们有孩子了 不
[3:07:26] The child. Oh, Your Majesty, no. 孩子 不 陛下 不
[3:07:29] Alexander, I have your child. Alexander, my husband, my king. 亚历山大 我有了你的孩子 亚历山大 我的丈夫 我的王
[3:07:35] We have a son. 我们有一个儿子
[3:07:38] My poor, poor, ill-fated son. 我可怜的 悲惨的儿子
[3:07:43] Never touch me again. 不要再碰我
[3:07:48] No! 不!
[3:07:56] One last toast! 最后一声咒语!
[3:08:02] Before the dawn. 在黎明之前
[3:08:11] To my old friends. 给我的老朋友们
[3:08:31] And to the myths. To the myths. 还要给我的传说 我的神话传说
[3:09:04] Yes, come on. Finish it. 是的 继续吧 结束它
[3:09:28] To the next dawn. 到下一个黎明之前
[3:10:07] My little Achilles. 我的小阿喀琉斯
[3:10:31] Bless you, Alexander. Lord, we love you. 祝福你 亚历山大 王 我们爱你
[3:10:35] Bless you, Alexander. 祝福你 亚历山大
[3:10:45] My lord, these herbs are from Delphi. 我的王 这些药草来自德尔斐
[3:10:48] They saved my brother. 他们救过我的兄弟
[3:10:51] Rest yourself. Thank you. 好好休息 谢谢你
[3:10:54] We love you, Alexander. 我们都爱你 亚历山大
[3:11:02] Alexander. 亚历山大
[3:11:05] Alexander. 亚历山大
[3:11:11] We love you, Alexander… 我们都爱你 亚历山大
[3:11:15] …and your seed. 和你的子孙
[3:11:19] Keep moving, men, please. 保持距离 大家继续走 别停下
[3:11:27] Yes, come. 对 来这里
[3:11:29] Come to Babylon. I await you. Your only loving son. 来巴比伦 我等着你…你是受尽宠爱的独生子
[3:11:42] For the men. 为了人类
[3:11:44] Bagoas. 巴高斯
[3:11:52] Can you prop me up a little? It catches me. 你能扶我起来吗? 扶着我
[3:12:05] I’ve never been so idle. 我从来没这么懒散过
[3:12:07] The fleet will never get out by spring. I must go. 舰队无法在春天开动了 我必须去
[3:12:28] You have given me all. 你给了我一切
[3:12:32] Bagoas. And you have given me… 巴高斯 你给予了我
[3:12:35] …the happiest times of my life, Alexander. 我生命中最幸福的时光 亚历山大
[3:12:40] Happy? What is happy? 幸福? 什么是幸福?
[3:12:47] While in your mind and body are stretched to breaking… 当你的身心承受不住即将崩溃
[3:12:51] …you have no thought beyond the next. 你不知道下一步该干什么
[3:12:55] And you look back then… 然后当你回过头来
[3:12:58] …and there it was, happiness. 才发现幸福就在那里
[3:13:02] In the doing, never the thinking. 在于怎么做而不是怎么想
[3:13:07] Still, you have made me so happy. 但你仍然…让我有了幸福
[3:13:20] It is done, Bagoas. 结束了 巴高斯
[3:13:25] It is done. 结束了
[3:13:50] Wait. We have his son. 等等 我们有他的儿子
[3:13:52] Alexander. Wait. 亚历山大 等等
[3:13:57] Wait. 等等
[3:13:59] Vultures. Wait. 雄鹰 等一等
[3:14:01] We have his son. 我们有他的儿子
[3:14:03] Just three more months. 刚刚三个月
[3:14:06] Please live. 请活下来
[3:14:11] Alexander, the army will divide. 亚历山大 军队要分裂了
[3:14:14] Satrapies will revolt. Without orders, there’ll be war. 总督辖区发生叛乱…若失去控制 就要开战了
[3:14:17] We beg you. Tell us who. 我们请求你 告诉我们是谁
[3:14:23] Who will rule this great empire? 谁将代替你统治这个广大的帝国?
[3:14:25] Who do you want to, Alexander? We beg you, tell us. 你希望是谁 亚历山大? 请求你告诉我们
[3:14:30] The myth becomes real. 神话传说成真了
[3:14:49] Zeus is your father. 宙斯是你的父亲
[3:14:57] Who will it be? 谁将是下一任国王?
[3:15:00] Pray tell us, who? 请求你告诉我们 是谁?
[3:15:04] What did he say? “To the best.” 他说了什么? “最强的人”
[3:15:09] He said, “To the best.” What? 他说”最强的人” 什么?
[3:15:12] No, he said, “To Crateros.” To Crateros? 不 他说”是格雷塔斯” 是格雷塔斯?
[3:15:14] Why would he say Crateros? 为什么他会说格雷塔斯?
[3:16:18] On the 10th of June, a month short of his 33rd year… 在6月10日…还差一个月 就是他33岁生日
[3:16:23] … Alexander’s great heart finally gave out. 亚历山大的雄心…停止了跳动
[3:16:27] And as he vowed, he joined Hephaistion. 他遵守誓言 追随赫菲斯提安去了
[3:16:35] But in his short life, he achieved, without doubt… 但在他短暂的生命里…毫无疑问 他取得了…
[3:16:38] … the mythic glory of his ancestor Achilles and more. 和他的先祖阿喀琉斯一样…神话般的光荣 甚至更多
[3:16:48] Olympias’ transgression in the murder of his father… 奥林匹亚斯参与了…谋杀其父亲的逆反罪
[3:16:51] … is, to my mind, a probability. 在我看来 只是可能
[3:16:54] His, a burden. 在他 却是负担
[3:16:58] Alexander was too in love with glory for him to steal it. 亚历山大太执着于光荣 所以不愿意去盗取它
[3:17:07] But by blood, and blood alone, he was guilty. 但仅仅从血缘关系看 他是有罪的
[3:17:11] No! 不!
[3:17:24] Bolt the doors. The body stays in Babylon. 闩上门 遗体得留在巴比伦
[3:17:27] The body belongs to Macedon. Within hours… 遗体属于马其顿 仅仅几个小时
[3:17:31] … we were fighting like jackals for his corpse. 我们就像豺狼一样 围绕着他的尸体打了起来
[3:17:35] The wars of the world had begun. Forty years, off and on, they endured. 世界大战开始了 40年来 纷争不止 尚不停歇
[3:17:40] Cassander in Greece. Crateros and Antigonus in western Asia. 喀山德取得了希腊 格雷塔斯和安提柯斯占领了西亚
[3:17:44] Solucas and Perdiccas in the East. Myself in Egypt. 塞琉古和佩迪克斯在东方 而我 则是埃及
[3:17:49] Until we divided his empire in four parts. 我们将他的广大帝国一分为四
[3:17:52] Gentlemen, we are not savages. 先生们 我们不是野蛮人
[3:17:54] We are the future… Get out! 我们是未来的…滚出去!
[3:17:56] I think Alexander would have been disappointed in us. 我想亚历山大一定对我们相当失望
[3:18:03] Naturally, rumors grew he’d been poisoned by one faction of his generals or another… 很自然的 开始有流言传播说…他是由于将军之间的派系内杠 所以被毒杀
[3:18:08] … but the truth in these matters has long since been driven from currency. 但真相很快就淹没在时间的洪流中
[3:18:16] Cassander saw to that with his fake diaries… 咯山德为了自己的权力需要
[3:18:20] … painting Alexander as a sick and bloated drunk. 将亚历山大塑造成了…恶心和傲慢的酗酒者
[3:18:25] Many believed, to remove suspicion from himself. 很多人选择相信 为了摆脱对他的怀疑
[3:18:33] He certainly proved he had the temperament for politics and murder… 他当然也证明了…他在政治和谋杀方面的手段
[3:18:38] …when seven years later, he executed Olympias. 七年后 他处死了奥林匹亚斯
[3:18:44] Met her death with great courage. 她以充分的勇气 迎接了自己的死
[3:18:49] Five years… No, it was six years after that… 再五年…不 再六年之后
[3:18:54] …Cassander finally achieved the complete destruction of Alexander’s bloodline… 喀山德彻底消灭了亚历山大的血脉
[3:19:00] …when he poisoned Roxane… 他毒死了罗克珊娜
[3:19:03] …and Alexander’s 13-year-old son… 和亚历山大13岁大的儿子
[3:19:08] …the true heir to the empire. 帝国真正的继承人
[3:19:15] But Roxane too, like Olympias… 但罗克珊娜 非常像奥林匹亚斯
[3:19:19] …played by stern rules, supported by several generals. 在严酷的统治下…得到了…一些将军的支持
[3:19:25] Days after Alexander’s death, she had Stateira poisoned. 亚历山大死后没多久 她毒死了斯塔蒂娜
[3:19:32] It was reason enough for some to believe… 有足够的理由可以相信
[3:19:34] …she was the one behind Hephaistion’s sudden demise. 她是使赫菲斯提安…突然去世的幕后者之一
[3:19:38] But this is unproven in my mind. 但我无法证明它的真实性
[3:19:41] Bagoas disappeared from the histories entirely… 巴高斯从历史上完全消失了
[3:19:44] …a wise move, perhaps. 这也许是一种明智的离去
[3:19:48] But I will say his love and devotion for Alexander… 但我要说的是…他为亚历山大所付出的爱
[3:19:53] …were unquestionable and extraordinary. 是特别的…而且无庸置疑的
[3:20:03] Now I am the keeper of his body… 现在我保有他的躯体
[3:20:08] …embalmed here in the Egyptian ways. 在这里用埃及的防腐技术
[3:20:12] I followed him as Pharaoh, and have now ruled 40 years. 我跟随他成为了法老王 到现在已统治了有40年
[3:20:20] I have two sons, each jealous of the other’s power. 我有两个儿子 他们互相警惕着对方的能力
[3:20:28] But they will grow to make fine fathers and husbands. 但他们会成长为优秀的父亲和丈夫
[3:20:32] And I trust they’ll be just in their affairs. 我相信他们仅仅会处理这些琐事
[3:20:38] But they have never seen… 但他们再也不会看到…
[3:20:41] …the great cavalry charge of Gaugamela… 伟大的高加米拉骑兵
[3:20:44] …or the mountains of the Hindu Kush… 或者是兴都库什的山脉
[3:20:47] …when we crossed the 100,000 men army into India. 那个我们集结了十万军队…遍布印度的时代
[3:21:00] He was a god, Cadmos… 他是神 卡德摩斯
[3:21:04] …or as close as anything I’ve ever known. 或者是我所知…最接近神的人
[3:21:07] “Tyrant!” they yell so easily. I laugh. “暴君”!他们这样轻率地称呼他…而我笑了
[3:21:11] No tyrant ever gave back so much. 没有任何一个暴君…赐予人民如此多的东西
[3:21:14] What do they know of the world, these schoolboys? 他们知道多少关于这世界…这些学校里的孩子们?
[3:21:17] It takes strong men to rule. 强者们才能统治
[3:21:19] Alexander was more, he was a Prometheus, a friend to man. He changed the world. 亚历山大远不止这些成就…他是普罗米修斯人类之友 他改变了这个世界
[3:21:26] Before him, there were tribes… 在他之前 这里是仅仅是部落
[3:21:30] …and after him, all was possible. 在他之后 一切都有了可能
[3:21:34] There was suddenly a sense the world could be ruled by one king… 可以由一个国王统治世界
[3:21:39] …and be better for all. 而且统治得更好…的理念产生了
[3:21:44] Eighteen great Alexandrias he built across this world. 他建立的18个亚历山大城遍布世界
[3:21:47] It was an empire, not of land and gold, but of the mind. 这是一个帝国 不是土地与…黄金的帝国 而是精神的帝国
[3:21:54] It was a Hellenic civilization… 这是希腊的文化
[3:21:58] …open to all. 向所有人开放
[3:22:06] But the truth is never simple… 但真相往往不那么简单
[3:22:10] …and yet it is. 而真相是
[3:22:13] The truth is, we did kill him. 真相是我们杀了他
[3:22:19] By silence, we consented. 我们都默认了这个主意
[3:22:23] Because… 因为…
[3:22:25] Because we couldn’t go on. 因为我们不想再前进了
[3:22:28] What, by Ares, did we look forward to but to be discarded in the end, like Cleitus? 为什么 阿瑞斯在上 我们一直抱着希望前进 但最后却无法避免…像克雷塔斯一样被抛弃
[3:22:34] After all this time, to give away our wealth to Asian sycophants we despised? 这么多年 我们放弃财富去亚洲 藐视疾病的侵扰
[3:22:39] Mixing the races, harmony? 融合协调不同民族
[3:22:43] Oh, he talked of these things… 哦 他就是这样说的
[3:22:46] …but wasn’t it really about Alexander and another population ready to obey him? 但亚历山大真正想要的…不就是希望再有更多人臣服他吗?
[3:22:53] I never believed in his dream. 我从来没相信过他的梦想
[3:22:56] None of us did. 我们没有人相信
[3:23:00] That’s the truth of his life. 那就是他人生的真相
[3:23:02] The dreamers exhaust us. 梦想让我们疲惫
[3:23:06] They must die before they kill us with their blasted dreams. 在我们被梦想杀死之前…梦想必须先死
[3:23:11] Oh, just throw all that away, Cadmos. 把所有的那些都扔了 卡德摩斯
[3:23:14] It’s an old fool’s rubbish. 这是个老傻瓜说的胡话
[3:23:18] You shall write, “He died of fever and a weakened condition.” 你应该写上 他死于热病和身体虚弱
[3:23:25] Yes, great Pharaoh. 是 法老
[3:23:27] Oh, he could have stayed home in Macedonia, married, raised a family. 也许他可以呆在马其顿的家里 和东方家庭结亲
[3:23:32] He’d have died a celebrated man. 他会做为名人死去
[3:23:37] But this was not Alexander. 但这就不是亚历山大了
[3:23:40] All his life, he fought to free himself from fear. 他一生都在为摆脱恐惧而奋斗
[3:23:46] And by this, and this alone, he was made free. 只是因为这样他得到了自由
[3:23:54] The freest man I’ve ever known. 我见过的最自由的人
[3:24:00] His tragedy was one of increasing loneliness… 他的悲剧就是…和不理解自己的人们在一起
[3:24:05] …and impatience with those who could not understand. 孤独和烦躁日积月累
[3:24:09] And if his desire… 如果他的愿望
[3:24:12] …to reconcile Greek and barbarian ended in failure… 希腊人和蛮族和解的心愿失败了
[3:24:19] What failure! 什么失败?
[3:24:23] His failure towered over other men’s successes. 他的失败都要高于其他人的成功
[3:24:33] I’ve lived… 我已经活了
[3:24:35] I’ve lived long life, Cadmos… 我已经活了很长时间了 卡德摩斯
[3:24:38] …but the glory and the memory of man… 但光荣和荣誉是属于
[3:24:40] …will always belong to the ones who follow their great visions. 属于那些追逐伟大梦想的人们
[3:24:46] And the greatest of these is the one they now call… 他们所有人中最了不起的 他们现在称呼他为…
[3:24:52] …Megas Alexandros. 亚历山大大帝
[3:24:58] The greatest of them all. 这个世上最伟大的人
2004年

Post navigation

Previous Post: A Walk in the Clouds(云中漫步)[1995]电影台词本阅读、下载和单词统计
Next Post: The Human Stain(人性污点)[2003]电影台词本阅读、下载和单词统计

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Archives

  • July 2024
  • June 2024

Categories

  • 1931年
  • 1939年
  • 1941年
  • 1942年
  • 1943年
  • 1944年
  • 1948年
  • 1952年
  • 1953年
  • 1954年
  • 1955年
  • 1956年
  • 1957年
  • 1958年
  • 1959年
  • 1960年
  • 1961年
  • 1962年
  • 1963年
  • 1964年
  • 1966年
  • 1967年
  • 1968年
  • 1969年
  • 1970年
  • 1971年
  • 1972年
  • 1973年
  • 1974年
  • 1975年
  • 1976年
  • 1977年
  • 1978年
  • 1979年
  • 1980年
  • 1981年
  • 1982年
  • 1983年
  • 1984年
  • 1985年
  • 1986年
  • 1987年
  • 1988年
  • 1989年
  • 1990年
  • 1991年
  • 1992年
  • 1993年
  • 1994年
  • 1995年
  • 1996年
  • 1997年
  • 1998年
  • 1999年
  • 2000年
  • 2001年
  • 2002年
  • 2003年
  • 2004年
  • 2005年
  • 2006年
  • 2007年
  • 2008年
  • 2009年
  • 2010年
  • 2011年
  • 2012年
  • 2013年
  • 2014年
  • 2015年
  • 2016年
  • 2017年
  • 2018年
  • 2019年
  • 2020年
  • 2021年
  • 2022年
  • 2023年
  • 2024年
  • barui
  • Uncategorized
  • 一切安好
  • 中央公园
  • 亢奋
  • 亿万
  • 传世
  • 兄弟连
  • 克拉丽丝
  • 克拉克森的农场
  • 内裤队长
  • 副警长
  • 十字剑
  • 博斯
  • 卡特特工
  • 双城之战
  • 发展受阻
  • 叶卡捷琳娜大帝
  • 哈哈大校
  • 坏法官
  • 坏老师
  • 基本演绎法
  • 大城小妞
  • 大学生费莉希蒂
  • 大神偷卡门
  • 大西洋帝国
  • 天使在美国
  • 娃娃脸
  • 小小安妮
  • 小谎大事
  • 少年间谍亚历克斯
  • 布里奇顿
  • 幻灭
  • 废柴联盟
  • 康斯坦丁
  • 开心汉堡店
  • 德古拉
  • 德里女孩
  • 怒呛人生
  • 恋爱挑战书
  • 惊异传奇
  • 惊悚50州
  • 意乱情迷
  • 成瘾剂量
  • 我为喜剧狂
  • 找寻自我
  • 摩斯探长前传
  • 教师情事
  • 敢不敢挑战我
  • 新成长的烦恼
  • 日常谜团
  • 明日传奇
  • 星际之门亚特兰蒂斯
  • 更美好的事
  • 末日巡逻队
  • 杀无赦
  • 柏林谍影
  • 死亡医师
  • 比弗利娇妻
  • 波士顿法律
  • 火线警告
  • 灵书妙探
  • 犯罪心理
  • 犯罪现场调查·拉斯维加斯
  • 犯罪现场调查·纽约篇
  • 犯罪现场调查迈阿密
  • 狂欢命案
  • 狄金森
  • 狗狗博客
  • 生活
  • 生活大爆炸
  • 眼见为虚
  • 破产姐妹
  • 破发点大满贯之路
  • 神烦警探
  • 红粉联盟
  • 绝命律师
  • 绝命毒师
  • 绝望的主妇
  • 绿箭侠
  • 罪恶黑名单
  • 美国众神
  • 美国恐怖故事
  • 美国罪案故事
  • 美女上错身
  • 美式主妇
  • 脆莓公园
  • 致命陷阱
  • 艾米丽在巴黎
  • 芝加哥急救
  • 芝加哥烈焰
  • 芝加哥警署
  • 蛇蝎女佣
  • 贴身保镖
  • 达芬奇的恶魔
  • 迷失
  • 逃离丹尼莫拉
  • 逝者之证
  • 郊狼
  • 金牌律师
  • 铁证悬案
  • 随性所欲
  • 零异频道
  • 马男波杰克
  • 鲍勃心动
  • 麻木不仁
  • 黑吃黑
  • 黑帆
  • 黑暗救赎
  • 黑色星期一

Copyright © 2025 英美剧电影台词站.

Powered by PressBook WordPress theme