时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | It’s really dark. | 太暗了 |
[00:14] | Is this your field? | 这是你的球场? |
[00:16] | When I was a kid. | 我小时候会来这里打球 |
[00:21] | I need you to hit off me. | 我需要你打我投的球 |
[00:23] | Oh. | |
[00:24] | Oh, okay. Sure. | 好 没问题 |
[00:33] | [exhales] | |
[00:46] | Holy! | 天哪! |
[00:50] | Oh, wow. | |
[00:52] | Okay. | 好的 |
[01:09] | All right, gimme another. | 好 再来一个 |
[01:11] | Shit. | 可恶 |
[01:13] | Okay. Okay, okay. | 好的 |
[01:20] | [Edgar] And with you, it always comes back to Bertie. | 在你看来 这一切都跟玻蒂有关 |
[01:23] | [Toni] Look at me and tell me that you don’t think that she could turn into an invert? | 你看着我 告诉我 你不觉得她能变成女同 |
[01:32] | Fuck! | 该死的! |
[01:32] | -I’ve never seen a woman pitch that fast. -[Max] Fuck! | -我从没见过女人能投出这么快的球 -该死! |
[01:35] | -[exhaling] -Wait, I only tagged it ’cause you left it up. | 等等 我能打中只是因为你往上了 |
[01:39] | [grunts] | |
[01:40] | Hey, wait. It’s okay. | 嘿 等等 没关系 |
[01:42] | It’s… | 这… |
[01:45] | You left your bag. | 你忘了你的包 粉红联盟 |
[01:56] | [horn sounding] | 罗克福德工具和螺丝厂 |
[01:58] | -Clance. -Oh, good. Max… | -克兰丝 -正好 麦克斯… |
[02:00] | About the other night… No, no, no, me first. | 那天晚上…不 我先说 |
[02:02] | I should’ve remembered that it was Guy’s last night. | 那是盖伊的最后一个晚上 我不该忘了的 |
[02:05] | I am so sorry. | -我很抱歉 |
[02:07] | Thank you. | -谢谢 |
[02:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[02:12] | So, how are you? | 你还好吗? |
[02:13] | -I’m good. -Really? | -挺好的 -好 |
[02:15] | You know, I mean, I just said goodbye to my husband, possibly forever. | 我是说 |
[02:18] | -Mmm-hmm. -And life moving forward without him, | 我刚刚告别了我丈夫 可能是永别 |
[02:20] | it’s feeling like a never-ending freefall into a dark abyss. | 而生活却像是掉进了黑暗的深渊一般 不断地继续着 |
[02:23] | -But good, you know. I’m okay, so… -Good. | 但是很好 我还行 所以… |
[02:27] | What about you? What happened with the team? | 你呢?球队选拔怎么样了? |
[02:30] | -Oh. Oh, um, I blew my shot at the team. -Okay. | -我搞砸了球队选拔的机会 -好吧 |
[02:33] | And then I realized I wasn’t good enough, | 然后我意识到我还不够好 |
[02:34] | and that my life is basically a lie, | 而且我的生活 |
[02:36] | -but I’m good. -Okay. | 基本上就是个谎言 但我很好 |
[02:37] | -Oh, I am so good. Yeah. -Oh, good. | -好的 很好 -我非常好 真的 |
[02:39] | -‘Cause I’m fine. -Uh-huh. | 因为我很好 |
[02:41] | -[stammering] And you’re fine. -So, we’re fine then. | 你也还好吧? 那我们俩都很好 |
[02:44] | -Yeah. | -Yeah. -是的 -是 |
[02:46] | -[Clance] Morning, everybody. -Grand rising to you all! | -大家早上好 -大家早安! |
[02:49] | Oh, okay, are you two the greeters? | -好吧 你们俩是迎宾员吗? |
[02:51] | Shift head. Max Chapman. | -我是领班 麦克斯查普曼 |
[02:52] | Oh, shift head. Well, I’m Gracie. Nice to meet you. | 原来是领班 我是格蕾希 很高兴认识你 |
[02:57] | You said “Chapman,” right? | -你刚才说你姓查普曼 |
[02:58] | -Uh-huh. -I’m Clance. [giggles] | 对吧? -我是克兰丝 |
[02:59] | Did anybody ever tell you you look like, um, | 有没有人说过你长得像… |
[03:02] | -what’s her name? Josephine Baker. -[gasps] | 她叫什么来着?乔瑟芬贝克 |
[03:04] | -Right? -Yes! | 对 |
[03:05] | But more, more perfect. | -不过你更完美 |
[03:07] | -Uh-huh. -Yeah. It works. | 造型非常好 -是的 |
[03:08] | Uh-huh. Are you two okay? | 你们俩没事吗? |
[03:10] | -Never better. Right? -Oh, way okay. Great. | -我们很好 正处于最佳状态 |
[03:12] | -Of course, we’re okay. -We’re great. Tip-top shape. | -再好不过了 绝对的 我们没事 |
[03:14] | Nothing can bring us down. | -没有什么能打败我们 -没错! |
[03:15] | -Nothing! | -Nothing! |
[03:16] | Clance! I’m so sorry about Guy. I’ve heard terrible things, | 克兰丝 我对盖伊的事感到很抱歉 我听说过很可怕的事 |
[03:20] | not just the war, but discrimination, dangerous jobs, less training. | 不仅仅是战争 还有歧视、工作危险、缺乏培训 |
[03:25] | You must be losing your mind! | 你肯定担心坏了吧! |
[03:28] | [Cheryl] I’m here for you. | 有我在 我支持你 |
[03:31] | That’s okay. That’s okay, it’s still a great day. | 没关系 我们还是很好 |
[03:34] | Yeah. So, then she threw her money down right on the mound, and completely choked! | 是的 然后她把钱甩在投手丘上 哽咽得完全说不出话来! |
[03:38] | It was hilarious. [chuckling] | 笑死人了 |
[03:43] | [jazz music playing] | |
[03:47] | [Clance] Fuck those guys. Fuck Cheryl. | -让那些家伙去死吧 让谢瑞尔去死吧 |
[03:51] | Mmm! Okay. | -对 好的 |
[03:54] | This looks good. | 这看起来不错 |
[03:57] | -[Clance] This is hers. -[Max] I got Stu’s. | -这是她的 -我有斯图的 好 |
[04:00] | -[Clance] Chips. -[Max] Nice. | -薯片 |
[04:01] | Mmm, cornbread. [chuckles] | 玉米面包 -很好 |
[04:04] | Choke on this, asshole. | 你哽咽吧 王八蛋 |
[04:05] | -They are not gonna know what hit ’em. -I know, right? | -他们绝对不会知道是谁干的 -对 |
[04:08] | -Ew, apple. -Mmm! I’ll trade you for a pear. | -苹果 -我用梨跟你换 |
[04:13] | [chuckling] | |
[04:16] | We are fine. | 我们很好 |
[04:18] | We’re great. We’re great. | 我们好得不得了 |
[04:20] | -Mmm-hmm. -[chuckles] | 我们挺好 |
[04:23] | [Alan] Front page news? Ridiculous. | 头版新闻?荒谬 全美女子职业棒球联盟比赛期间发生斗殴 |
[04:26] | Do you know there’s a group of Girl Scouts boycotting Baker candies? | 你们知道吗? 有一群女童子军抵制贝克糖果 |
[04:30] | Girl Scouts hate you! | 连女童子军都讨厌你们! |
[04:32] | [laughs] They don’t hate anything except forest fires and getting lost! | 除了森林大火和迷路以外 没有什么能让她们讨厌! |
[04:36] | You heard these two, they apologized, Alan. | 你听过她们俩的解释了 她们道过歉了 艾伦 |
[04:39] | No. No more “Alan.” It’s “Mr. Baker.” | 不行 别再叫我艾伦 是贝克先生 |
[04:42] | Junior. | 小贝克 |
[04:44] | Do you know how angry my uncle is? | 你们知道我叔叔有多生气吗? |
[04:46] | He said he’s gonna shut this whole thing down | 他说要解散球队 |
[04:47] | and put me in charge of the nougat division. | 让我负责牛轧糖部 |
[04:49] | No one ever comes back from nougat. | 进了牛轧糖部就回不了头了 |
[04:51] | Wait, hold on, he said he’s gonna shut us down? | 等等 他说他要解散我们? |
[04:53] | Yeah. We’re bleeding money! | 对 我们在亏血本! |
[04:54] | So, if you wanna keep playing, | 如果你们想继续打球 |
[04:56] | from now on, you’re gonna be the best of friends. | 从现在开始 你们得成为最好的朋友 |
[04:59] | -You’re gonna hold hands. -Well, maybe not hold hands. | -你们要牵着手 -好吧 也许不需要牵手 |
[05:01] | You know what I mean! Just kiss and make up. | 你不明白我的意思吗? 就亲一下 然后和好 |
[05:05] | Don’t… No kissing. | 不要…不要亲一下 |
[05:06] | Um… [clears throat] Yes, sir. | 遵命 |
[05:08] | Yeah, we won’t do it. but we’ll act like we want to. | 是啊 我们不会真的亲 但我们会表现得非常想 |
[05:12] | -And you’re gonna take over for Dove as coach. -Me? I am? | -由你接替鸽子当教练 -我? |
[05:14] | -What, her? Why? -Yeah. | 什么?她?为什么? |
[05:16] | What do you mean, her, why? You’re the one that started this whole mess. | 你是什么意思? 这档子破事是你先挑起的 |
[05:18] | -Uh… -Oh, come on, do you even wanna be here? | -你到底还想不想留在球队? |
[05:20] | Yeah, it’s the only thing I want. | -想 这是我唯一想要的 |
[05:22] | But, wait, you’re still gonna be looking for someone to actually take over for Dove, right? | 等等 你会继续找人接替鸽子 对吧? |
[05:26] | Guess what? | 你猜怎么着?现在没有人 |
[05:27] | No one’s interested in, uh, coaching a women’s wrestling team now, so… | 有兴趣指导女子摔跤队了 |
[05:31] | [sighs] Just get the team back on track, or else… | 你负责让球队回正轨 否则… |
[05:38] | [Beverly] Let’s go home. | 我们回家吧 |
[05:44] | Heh. This says Dove is gonna keep coaching us from afar. | 这上面说鸽子将继续“远程”指导我们 |
[05:48] | With what, a singing telegram? | 怎么指导?用歌唱电报吗? |
[05:50] | [Ana] Come on, Shirley, use your brain. They don’t wanna write, | 雪莉 你用脑子想一想啊 他们可不想写 |
[05:52] | -“They were not good enough to keep him around.” -Oh. | “她们不够优秀 不足以挽留他” |
[05:57] | [jazz music playing on radio] | |
[06:02] | Excuse me. | 借过 |
[06:06] | [speaking Spanish] You gonna punch me if I don’t move? | 要是我不让开 你会揍我吗? |
[06:09] | Hey, Striker! Want a smoke? | 嘿 好球手!想抽烟吗? |
[06:12] | [Jo] Sure looks like you could use it. | 你看起来需要抽根烟 |
[06:15] | You know, you may be the first player in history to start a fight | 你也许是历史上第一个没有上场比赛 |
[06:18] | where you’re not even in the game. | 却挑起斗殴的球员 |
[06:20] | [laughs sarcastically] | |
[06:21] | Yeah, well, you jokers got anything else to say, take it up with your new coach! | 你们这些小丑有别的话想说 就找你们的新教练去! |
[06:26] | Although that might not last very long | 不过那也许持续不了多久 |
[06:27] | because Baker’s threatening to pull the plug on us. Isn’t that right, Shaw? | 因为贝克威胁说要解散球队 对吧 肖? |
[06:31] | -[players exclaiming] What? -Seriously? | -什么? -再见 肖 |
[06:32] | You’re the new coach? No, no, no. | -说真的 |
[06:33] | Whoa, whoa, whoa, I’ve barely gotten a chance to play. | 你是新教练? -不要 |
[06:36] | Okay, okay, I… | -我几乎没有机会上场 -稍安勿躁 |
[06:37] | Yeah, I… Yeah… You know what, I actually, um… I’m gonna go pee. | 没错…我其实…想去尿尿 |
[06:41] | [Jo] No, no, no, no, no. | -不行 |
[06:42] | Get back here. You’re the actual coach now? | -回来 |
[06:48] | -[Carson] Shh! -[Greta laughs] | 你现在是真正的教练? |
[06:51] | I thought you said we couldn’t go anywhere people know about. | 你说过我们不能去任何大家知道的地方的 |
[06:53] | Well, they don’t know about… this. | 他们不知道…这里 |
[06:56] | [both laugh] | |
[07:03] | I can’t. I hate talking in front of people, | 我不能 我讨厌在人前说话 |
[07:07] | and Mr. Baker Jr. said that I need to pull the team together, or else. | 小贝克先生说 我需要凝聚起这支球队 否则… |
[07:11] | -He said, “Or else.” -Mmm. Mmm-hmm. | 他的原话就是“否则…” |
[07:13] | I mean, I’m just a housewife. I don’t know what… | 我只是一个家庭主妇 我不知道该怎么… |
[07:18] | Hey, Coach. I think you need to relax a little bit. | 嘿 教练 我想你需要放松一下 |
[07:21] | Don’t you? [gasps] | 你不觉得吗? |
[07:25] | [vocalizing] | |
[07:27] | Right? | 对吧? |
[07:28] | [both laugh] | |
[07:31] | [crickets chirping] | |
[07:35] | -Oh. Hey, Carson. -Hey. | -嘿 卡森 -嘿 |
[07:37] | I’ve been thinking maybe I should move up in the order, maybe after Jess? | 我在想 也许该把我的棒次提前 或许排在洁丝后面? |
[07:42] | I think it would make the rhythm better. | 我觉得这样安排 节奏会更好 |
[07:44] | Um, yeah, let me, let me think on that. | 嗯 让我考虑一下 |
[07:47] | -It’s what Dove would have wanted, so… -Yeah. | -反正鸽子会这么安排的 所以… -嗯 |
[07:49] | -Awesome. -Mmm. | 谢谢 |
[07:54] | [sighs] | |
[07:55] | [Shirley whispering] I have to show you something. | -我必须给你看点东西 |
[07:56] | Shirley, you can’t keep doing that. | -你不能总这样突然出现 |
[07:58] | Sorry, sorry, sorry. I’m just a little upset. | 对不起 我只是有点担心 |
[08:00] | You won’t believe this. Follow me. | 你绝对不敢相信 跟我来 |
[08:07] | [Shirley] Another teacher saw them embracing and turned them in. | 一位老师看到了她们拥抱 举报了她们 当地教师因同性恋活动被捕 |
[08:09] | My cousin said it spreads like the flu, if it already got Jo, we could be next. | 我表亲说同性恋像流感一样会传染 如果乔已经被染上了 接下来就会到我们 |
[08:15] | -Do we tell the police about her? -No, no, no, no, no. Uh-uh. | -我们要向警察举报她吗? -不 |
[08:17] | We can’t ignore it, Carson. What you ignore always kills you, always. | 我们不能忽视这事 卡森 被你忽视的东西总会害死你 永远如此 |
[08:26] | Okay, all right. | 好吧 好的 |
[08:28] | Do you wanna know what’s really going on? | -你想知道真相吗? |
[08:29] | Yes, I wanna know what’s really going on. | -当然 我想知道 |
[08:31] | Jo is not a queer. | 乔不是同性恋 |
[08:36] | Her and Dove… | 她和鸽子… |
[08:39] | Her and Dove were, you know… | 她和鸽子是…你知道… |
[08:43] | No! | 不会吧! |
[08:46] | -No. -Yeah! | -不会吧 -是的! |
[08:47] | -No! -Yeah. | -不可能! -真的 |
[08:49] | [gasps] | |
[08:51] | You know, I see that, actually. | 其实我已经预料到了 |
[08:55] | I sensed it. | 我早就感觉到了 |
[08:57] | Yeah, right? It was blatant. | 是啊 对吧?非常露骨 |
[09:00] | -Right in front of our faces. -I know. | -就在我们眼前 -我知道 |
[09:02] | And we were eating it up. | 而我们丝毫没有怀疑 |
[09:03] | -Why do you think he left? -Why else would he leave? | -你觉得他为什么要离开? -否则他为什么离开? |
[09:06] | I don’t know. That’s why. That’s why. | 我不知道 |
[09:08] | Oh. | 这就是原因 |
[09:10] | So, when he was making her run, | 原来他罚她跑步 |
[09:13] | that was sexual. | 是有性暗示的 |
[09:14] | Yeah. Yeah. | 对 |
[09:16] | It was sexual, and there was exertion and there was repetition | 那是有性内涵的 非常费力 而且不断重复 |
[09:20] | and there was rhythm, and I felt it, and everyone else felt it, | 而且有一定的节奏 当时我感觉到了 大家都感觉到了 |
[09:23] | but no one was talking about it. | 但是没有人谈这事 |
[09:25] | -Uh-huh. -It was kinky. | 真变态 |
[09:28] | Yeah, it… Yeah, it was. | 是的 确实 |
[09:30] | -I mean, I’m a Leo. He will love my energy. -Oh, God. | 我是狮子座 他会喜欢我的能量 |
[09:36] | What’s going on? | What’s going on? 怎么了? |
[09:38] | No, this helps me feel safe. It helps. Count to 12. | 这样做能让我感到安全 有帮助的 数到12 |
[09:41] | [softly] One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, 10, 11, 12. | 麦克欣 |
[09:46] | [dog barking] | |
[09:56] | [exhales] | |
[10:05] | [discordant jazz playing] | |
[10:16] | [grunts] | |
[10:17] | -[door opens] -Maxine, what are you doing? | 你在做什么? |
[10:19] | -I’m getting rid of all this foolishness. -You know what’s foolish? | -清掉这些愚蠢的东西 -知道什么才愚蠢吗? |
[10:22] | Tearing up your room in the middle of the night. What the hell is going on? | 三更半夜把你的房间弄得天翻地覆 这到底是怎么回事? |
[10:25] | You were right. About baseball. | 你关于棒球的看法是对的 |
[10:27] | I’ve been wasting my life on something that ain’t gonna never happen. You happy? | 我在追求永远都不会实现的事 我一直在浪费自己的生命 你高兴了吧? |
[10:33] | Of course I’m not happy. I love you, Maxine, | 我当然不高兴 我爱你 麦克欣 |
[10:37] | but maybe this is a good step… | -但这一步也许是好事… |
[10:38] | You love me, but you don’t like me. | -你爱我 但你不欣赏我 |
[10:41] | -Excuse me? -Name one thing you like about me. | -你说什么? -说出我身上让你欣赏的一个优点 |
[10:44] | My smile? My personality? | -我的笑容?我的个性… |
[10:46] | It’s not my job to like you. It’s my job to raise you… | -我并没有义务去欣赏你 -抚养你是我的义务… |
[10:50] | As long as I don’t end up like Bertie, right? | -只要我不会变成像玻蒂那样? |
[10:54] | Oh! I forgot. We’re not supposed to say her name! | 我忘了 我们不该提起她的名字! |
[10:59] | I don’t know what happened to make you talk like this… | 我不知道到底发生了什么事 让你说出这种话… |
[11:03] | I always wondered what she did to you. | 我一直想知道她对你做了什么 |
[11:04] | -Now I know you’re the one who threw her away. -You will not disrespect me | 我知道是你把她赶走的 |
[11:07] | in my house like this. | 你敢在我家对我放肆! |
[11:09] | You’re gonna throw me away too if I ain’t what you want. | 如果我不符合你的期待 你会把我赶走… |
[11:11] | Maxine Chapman, so help me, God! | 麦克欣查普曼 上帝帮帮我! |
[11:13] | I will put your ass out if you don’t stop this. | 你敢再胡说八道 我会把你赶出去 |
[11:19] | You would, wouldn’t you? | 你当然会 对吗? |
[11:28] | No, Maxine. Maxine, stop this. | 不 麦克欣 别闹了 |
[11:30] | I will put myself out first. | 我会把自己先赶出去 |
[11:34] | Maxine, | 麦克欣 |
[11:35] | don’t do this. | 不要这样 |
[11:37] | Stay and talk… Maxine! Stay and talk! | 留下来谈谈…麦克欣!留下来好好谈! |
[11:42] | -[knocking on door] -Hold on. Ah! | 稍等 |
[11:54] | -Hey. | -Hey. |
[11:58] | Um… [clears throat] | -嘿 -嘿 |
[12:00] | Can I stay here for a li’l while? | 我可以在这里住一段时间吗? |
[12:03] | -Mmm-hmm. -Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[12:08] | What’s this? | 这是什么? |
[12:09] | Uh, it’s a… I was working on a comic for Guy. | 我在为盖伊创作一部漫画 |
[12:13] | You know, cheer him up, and me too, ’cause, uh… | 想给他和我加油鼓劲 因为… |
[12:19] | I am not fine. | 我心情很不好 |
[12:24] | I’m not fine either. | 我也不好 |
[12:33] | -[Clance] Max. -Hmm? | 麦克斯 |
[12:35] | Would you sleep in the bed with me? | 你可以跟我睡床上吗? |
[12:39] | Also, I have to be the big spoon. | 而且我得从后面抱着你 |
[12:41] | [Max chuckles] | |
[12:47] | You kept touching my butt last night. | 昨晚你一直摸我的屁股 |
[12:49] | Mmm. Oh. Sorry. | 对不起 |
[12:51] | I used to fall asleep holding Guy’s left cheek, so… | 我习惯摸着盖伊的左屁股蛋入睡 所以… |
[12:56] | [Clance] God, I just wish I knew how he was doing. You know? | 天啊 |
[13:01] | Uh, is this white lady smiling at you? | 我很想知道他好不好 这位白人女士是在对你微笑吗? |
[13:07] | -Just keep working. -[Carson] Hey. | -继续工作 -嘿 |
[13:09] | Hi, uh, I’m Carson Shaw. | 你好 我是卡森肖 |
[13:11] | Uh, Clance, ma’am. | 我叫克兰丝 女士 |
[13:13] | Ma’am? No, no. I… Um… | 女士?不 我… |
[13:16] | Can I borrow you for a second? | 可以借一步说话吗? |
[13:18] | -You gonna go with this white woman? -It’s okay. | -你要跟这个白人女人走吗? -我不会有事的 |
[13:23] | You forgot your gear. | 你忘了你的装备 |
[13:24] | -Oh, okay, thanks. -Yeah. | -好的 谢谢 -好 |
[13:26] | Uh, also, I made this for you. I hope you like apples. | 我还给你做了这个 希望你喜欢苹果 |
[13:30] | It’s actually… It is apple sauce | 其实我用的是苹果酱 |
[13:31] | ’cause I couldn’t find the Granny… The right ones. | 因为找不到青苹果 食谱要求的那种 |
[13:35] | I was wondering if we could actually talk a little bit more? | 不知道我们能不能多谈一会儿? |
[13:39] | -I’m on my shift, so… -It will actually just take one second. | -我正在上班 所以… -只需要占用你很少时间 |
[13:43] | And, um… Or, you know, we can meet again tonight? Same time, same place? | 或者我们今晚能再见个面吗? 老时间 老地点? |
[13:46] | -Okay, yep, sure, fine. -Okay. | -好的 当然 好 -好的 |
[13:49] | -Who was that? -No one. She just found my bag. | -那是谁? -不重要 她捡到了我的包而已 |
[13:54] | Did she find your pie too? | 难道你的馅饼也是她捡的? |
[13:58] | It’s apple. | 她捡到了我的苹果 |
[14:00] | [dog barking] | |
[14:06] | You can’t just show up to where I work like that. | 你不能直接跑去我工作的地方找我 |
[14:08] | Oh, I… You just showed up at the stadium. | 你不也直接去体育场找我吗? |
[14:11] | I didn’t think it was any different. | 我不认为这有什么不同 |
[14:15] | You mentioned that, uh, it was fresh in your memory. | 你之前说 那件事在你脑海里依然栩栩如生 |
[14:21] | Me and, and her. | 我和她的事 |
[14:23] | I just thought maybe this could help you forget a bit. | 我只是想着 也许这可以让你忘记那事 |
[14:29] | That’s all you got? | 你就只有这么点儿? |
[14:32] | Well, I mean, how much would it take? | 你想要多少? |
[14:35] | Keep your money. | 留着你的钱吧 |
[14:37] | I’m not gonna turn you in. | 我不会揭发你的 |
[14:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[14:43] | Why did you come find me then? | 那你为什么来找我? |
[14:48] | Just wanted to know if I was good enough to keep trying. | 我只是想知道我是否足够优秀 是否应该继续尝试 |
[14:51] | And? | 你觉得呢? |
[14:54] | I got my answer. | 我得到了我的答案 |
[14:58] | Remember when baseball was just fun? | 你还记得以前打棒球只为了乐趣的时光吗? |
[15:01] | I mean, I used to take my dad out after dinner | 我以前吃了晚饭之后 会把我爸爸带出去 |
[15:04] | and throw the ball around just to make him run, you know? | 我扔球只是为了让他跑动一下 你知道吗? |
[15:07] | Maybe… Maybe we could have a catch? | 要不…要不我们玩抛接球吧 |
[15:11] | -It’s “play catch.” -What? | -是“玩接球” -什么? |
[15:14] | You can’t have a catch. You play catch. | 不说“抛接球” 只说“玩接球” |
[15:17] | No, I think it’s “have.” | 不 |
[15:20] | [chuckles] It’s definitely “play catch.” | 我觉得是“抛接球” 绝对是“玩接球” |
[15:23] | Not where I’m from. | 我老家那边不是这么说的 |
[15:27] | All right, again. | 好 再来 |
[15:37] | Satchel Paige. | 萨奇佩吉 |
[15:39] | Yeah, I’ve heard of him. | 有 我听说过他 |
[15:43] | Do another one. | 再扔一个别的 |
[15:50] | Bullet Rogan. | 子弹罗根 |
[15:52] | Eighteen seasons, could pitch as well as hit. | 打了18个赛季 既能投球 又能击球? |
[15:55] | MLB ain’t got nothing on the Negro Leagues. | 职业棒球大联盟跟黑人联盟相比差远了 |
[15:59] | All right, throw one as you. | 好吧 投一个你自己风格的球 |
[16:25] | I think you might be the best pitcher I’ve ever played with. | 我想你可能是跟我合作过的最棒的投手 |
[16:28] | [sighs] Not when it counts. | 关键时候我会失手 |
[16:32] | What happened? | 发生了什么事? |
[16:36] | I tried out for the Rockford Screws. | 我参加了洛克福德螺丝厂队的选拔 |
[16:39] | I don’t know what happened, I couldn’t get the ball to go anywhere. | 我不知道自己是怎么了 我没办法把球扔好 |
[16:43] | -Sounds like the yips. -The what? | -听起来是卡壳了 -什么? |
[16:46] | It’s this thing that happens all of a sudden to pitchers | 投手卡壳了 |
[16:48] | where they can’t get over the plate. | 就是说投手无法把球投过本垒板 |
[16:49] | Happens to a lot of them, actually, probably Rifle Rogan. | 其实很多人都经历过 可能连步枪罗根都遇到过 |
[16:52] | -Bullet Rogan. -Yeah. | -是子弹罗根 -对 |
[16:54] | -Happened to this guy on my dad’s team once. -What’d he do? | -我爸爸球队有个人也遇到过 -他怎么解决的? |
[16:58] | Well, well, he quit. | 他退出了 |
[17:01] | Oh, great. | 太好了 |
[17:02] | No, but that was him. You can work through it. You can work through it. | 但那是他 你可以克服的 |
[17:04] | You gotta figure out what’s getting in the way. It’s all in your head. Okay? | 你必须弄清楚是什么阻碍了你 这只是你的心理障碍 明白吗? |
[17:09] | What are you scared of? | 你害怕什么? |
[17:11] | What do you hear when you’re on the mound? | 当你站上投手丘时 脑海里会听到什么声音? |
[17:16] | [sighs] | |
[17:18] | I hear all kind of things. | 各种各样的声音 |
[17:19] | Well, maybe you gotta look whatever it is, those voices, right in the eye. | 也许你得面对那些声音 跟它们对视 |
[17:25] | All right, yeah, okay, voices don’t have… | 好吧 对 声音没有… 直视那些声音的嘴巴 就这样 你真奇怪 |
[17:27] | Right in the | Right in the mouth. |
[17:29] | mouth. That’s it. [laughs] You’re a strange person. | |
[17:32] | Yeah, I have heard that a couple of times. | 是 我听过这种评价好几次 |
[17:37] | Me too. My whole life. [chuckles] | 我也是 我一辈子都被人这么说 |
[17:43] | Thanks. This helped. | 谢谢你 这很有帮助 |
[17:46] | Yeah, this helped me too. | 是的 这对我也有帮助 |
[17:49] | Feel like my head finally stopped spinning for a second. | 感觉我的脑袋终于暂时停止旋转了 |
[17:54] | Same time next week? | 下周同一时间见? |
[17:56] | Yeah, okay. And remember, right in the mouth. | 好的 记住 直视它们的嘴巴 |
[18:04] | Hello? | 有人吗? |
[18:08] | Mama? | 妈妈? 家庭档案 名称 出生日期 死亡日期 托尼查普曼 伊利诺伊州罗克福德索顿街17号 |
[18:39] | “Bertie.” | “玻蒂” |
[18:41] | [train horn whistling] | |
[18:51] | [clears throat] | |
[18:59] | Max! What are you doin’ here? | 麦克斯!你怎么会在这里? |
[19:02] | Gracie? | 格蕾希? |
[19:03] | I’m sorry. I thought this house belonged… I was looking for my… | 对不起 我以为这房子是… 我在找我的… |
[19:06] | Bertie! We got company. Come on in. | 玻蒂! 我们有客人 进来吧 |
[19:10] | [footsteps approaching] | |
[19:15] | Maxine. | 麦克欣 |
[19:18] | Uh… | |
[19:20] | Look at you. | 看看你 |
[19:24] | Aunt… You’re my Aunt Bertie? | 姨妈…你是我的玻蒂姨妈? |
[19:27] | Toni Chapman’s sister? | 托尼查普曼的妹妹? |
[19:29] | Well, I am Bertie. Everything else you said is up in the air. | 我是玻蒂 你说的其他一切都还说不定 |
[19:35] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[19:36] | We met already once when you were just a baby. | 你还是婴儿的时候 我们见过一次 |
[19:39] | [Gracie] Baby Max is doing very big things now at the factory. | 小麦克斯现在在厂里做着大事呢 |
[19:43] | She’s a shift head. | 她是领班 |
[19:45] | She gets that drive from our side. | 她的上进心是我们家族的优良血统 |
[19:47] | -[Gracie chuckles] -[Bertie] And that stance too. | 这个站姿也是 |
[19:50] | Two peas in a pod, I’m tellin’ you. | 真是同一个模子里刻出来的 |
[19:53] | [Gracie laughs] | |
[19:55] | We were just fixin’ to eat. Now, Bertie can cook. You hungry? | 我们在准备饭菜 玻蒂很会做饭 你饿吗? |
[20:00] | -Sure. -[Gracie] Good. | -饿了 -好 |
[20:02] | Uh, could I use your washroom first? | 可以借用一下洗手间吗? |
[20:03] | -It’s right upstairs. -Make yourself at home, sweetheart. | -在楼上 -把这里当自己家 亲爱的 |
[20:06] | We’ll be in the kitchen, making you a plate. | 我们会在厨房里 给你准备一道菜 |
[20:08] | [Gracie] So happy you’re here. Welcome, Maxine. | 很高兴你来了 欢迎你 麦克欣 |
[20:22] | [shudders] | |
[20:29] | [player] What are we doing? | 我们在做什么? |
[20:31] | [Carson] Okay. So, a lot has happened, right? | 好的 最近发生了很多事 对吧? |
[20:34] | And I think we need to just put it all behind us and focus on winning. | 我认为我们需要把这一切抛诸脑后 集中精神 只想着赢球 |
[20:40] | Right? And not fistfights. | 对吧?而不是打架 |
[20:43] | Um, we gotta get back to what really unites us. | 我们要回到真正把我们团结起来的事 |
[20:47] | Remember when we were kids and we were throwing the ball around before dinner? | 还记得我们小时候 会在晚餐前扔扔球吗? |
[20:51] | Just for fun, right? | 只是为了好玩 对吧? |
[20:53] | [chortles] You remember that, Bird? | 你还记得吗 小鸟? |
[20:55] | -[laughs] I remember you breaking a lotta windows. -Hey! | 我记得你打破了很多窗户 |
[20:58] | Exactly, that’s fun, right? Okay. Everybody, pair up. | 没错 这就很好玩 对吧? 好的 大家两两组队 |
[21:02] | Let’s just have a catch. Here we go. | 我们玩抛接球 开始 |
[21:04] | -That’s right. -[Carson] Nice. | -没错 -很好 |
[21:05] | -Yeah. -Okay. Team. | -对 -好了 队友们 |
[21:08] | Uh, hey, Lu, I was thinking you could pitch me a couple | 嘿 小露 我想着你可以给我投几个球 |
[21:11] | -and I’ll see what your arm’s looking like. -Nah! | -我看看你的手臂恢复得怎么样了 -不要! |
[21:13] | [Ana] Hey! | 嘿! |
[21:15] | Listen, I know things have been weird between us since Dove put me in that game. | 我知道自从鸽子让我上场以来 我们之间就有点嫌隙 |
[21:19] | Um, we’re fine. It’s okay. | 我们没有嫌隙 没有的事 |
[21:21] | Oh. Good, actually, | 那就好 |
[21:22] | because I was thinking it’s time for me to be starting catcher. | 因为我想着 |
[21:25] | Uh… What? | 也该是时候让我当首发接手了 什么? |
[21:27] | [Ana] Yeah, it’s kinda only fair. You’re coaching | 这才算公平 你现在在当教练 |
[21:29] | and I really need a chance to prove myself to this team. | 而我需要一个机会向球队证明自己 |
[21:32] | You know what? I’m gonna think about it. | 我会考虑你的提议的 |
[21:33] | I’ll think about that idea. Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[21:34] | -I appreciate it. Thanks. -Thank you, Ana. | -很感谢 谢谢你 -谢谢你 安娜 |
[21:36] | Hey! What are we doing? | 嘿!我们在干什么? |
[21:38] | Um, we’re just warmin’ up. We’re just tryna find the joy. | 我们只是在热身 试着找回玩棒球的乐趣 |
[21:41] | I know where the joy is! We need to win. | 我知道乐趣在哪里! 赢球才有乐趣 |
[21:44] | And practice our double plays because Jo kept fucking that up last time. | 还要练习我们的双杀 因为乔上次搞砸了… |
[21:47] | That wasn’t me, that was Esti! | 不是我 是艾丝蒂! |
[21:49] | [speaking Spanish] No way! It was you! | 不是我!是你! |
[21:51] | [speaking English] Jo, no. You, si. | 乔 不 |
[21:52] | U, yeah. You know what, that’s a good call. | -你等着瞧 -行 你这个建议很好 |
[21:55] | Let’s do double plays. | -我们就练双杀 |
[21:56] | Oh, no, we need to do BP. | -不行 我们需要练击球 |
[21:57] | Terri, good suggestion. Yes, yes. | 特丽 这个建议好 对 |
[22:00] | -So, I can practice batting after Jess. -Huh? No, I go after Jess. | -这样我就能练习在洁丝后面击球 -不对 我排在洁丝后面 |
[22:03] | -Carson wanted to switch it up. -What? | -卡森想调换顺序 -什么? |
[22:05] | No, no, no. I never said that I was making that decision at all. | 没有 我从来没说过那是我的决定 |
[22:09] | Uh, why don’t we just do BP? And Lu will throw and we’ll figure it out. | 我们直接练习击球吧 小露投球 我们再想想怎么安排 |
[22:13] | No, uh, Terri’s gonna do that. | 不行 让特丽投球 |
[22:15] | Wait, you said you were ready. You said you wanted to go back in. | 你之前说你准备好了 想回球场的 |
[22:17] | I’m not a warmup pitcher. | 我不是热身投手 |
[22:19] | What is your problem now, Striker? | 你现在又有什么问题 好球手? |
[22:21] | Her! She is my problem. I don’t fucking trust her! | 她!她就是我的问题 我他妈的不相信她! |
[22:24] | And neither should any of you! | 你们谁都不该相信她! |
[22:29] | What? What’s the problem, huh? What’s wrong with your face? | 干吗? 怎么了?你这什么表情? |
[22:36] | -No, no, no, no, no. -Are you crying? Oh, God! | -不要 -你在哭吗?天啊! |
[22:39] | No, no. Hey, hey, hey! There’s no crying in baseball! | 不行 嘿 玩棒球的人不能哭! |
[22:43] | Well, I cry after every game. | 每场比赛我都会哭 |
[22:46] | She has it out for me. She’s a headcase. | 她一直在臭骂我 她有毛病 |
[22:52] | [crickets chirping] | |
[22:54] | Ah, Miss Beverly, I think that you should make someone else the coach. | 贝弗利女士 我认为你应该让别人当教练 |
[22:57] | -I don’t want it and it… -Do you smoke, Mrs. Shaw? | -我不想当 而且这… -你抽烟吗 肖太太? |
[23:01] | Um, no. | 不抽 |
[23:03] | Well, you should. It is very good for the nerves. | 你该抽抽烟 能放松神经 |
[23:08] | -Okay. Right now? We’re doing… -Uh-huh. Here you go. | -好吧 现在就抽?我们正在… -来吧 |
[23:15] | [coughing] | |
[23:17] | -Unmarried women, Mrs. Shaw… -[coughing continues] | 肖太太 |
[23:19] | …are always a half-step away from being an unruly mob. | 未婚妇女离不法之徒 往往只有半步之遥 |
[23:24] | And you’re allowing it. | 而你正在放任她们 |
[23:25] | Because you’ve spent a lifetime letting people walk all over you. | 因为你这辈子都逆来顺受 步步退缩 |
[23:31] | Okay. I don’t let people walk all over me. All right? I just don’t… | 好吧 我不会步步退缩 |
[23:37] | Mmm-hmm. | 好吧 我只是不… |
[23:39] | You see? | 你看到了吗? |
[23:41] | I just want them to think I’m a good coach. | 我只是想让她们认为我是个好教练 |
[23:44] | And they all feel like I’m the one that’s… | 而她们都觉得我是… |
[23:49] | What? Do you think General “Boot” Morales worried about my feelings | 怎么?你认为我们在索姆河打仗的时候 |
[23:53] | when we were fighting at the Somme? | 米勒莱斯将军会担心我的感受吗? |
[23:55] | [scoffs] No! | 不会! |
[23:57] | That man yelled in my face every day | 那个人每天都对我大吼大叫 |
[24:01] | and I thanked him for it. | 而我为此感激他 |
[24:04] | Because people respect power. | 因为人们尊重权威 |
[24:08] | Now, I want you to show me yours. | 现在我要你给我看看你的权威 |
[24:10] | -Show you… here? -Mmm-hmm. | 在这里…给你看? |
[24:13] | -Do it. Show me your power. -Um… | 来 给我展示你的权威 |
[24:20] | [growls weakly] | |
[24:23] | Louder. Please. | 大声点 拜托 |
[24:26] | [growls loudly] | |
[24:36] | You can’t be their friend. | 你不能当她们的朋友 |
[24:40] | I want you to go out there and speak in a strong voice, like a man. | 我要你出去 像个男人一样大声说话 |
[24:44] | And be the boot. | 要强硬起来 |
[24:47] | Be the boot. | 强硬起来 |
[24:53] | [door chimes ringing] | |
[24:55] | [Toni] We’re closed. | 我们关门了 |
[24:58] | [Max] Hey, Mama. | 嗨 妈妈 |
[25:02] | [Toni] Maxine. | 麦克欣 |
[25:04] | Is everything okay? | 你没事吧? |
[25:06] | Yeah. Sure. | 当然没事 |
[25:11] | I was hoping you could squeeze me in. For an appointment. | 我希望你能挤点时间给我剪个发 |
[25:15] | You don’t usually let me touch your hair. | 你通常不让我碰你的头发 |
[25:21] | Um, sit down. | 坐下 |
[25:38] | So, what do you want? | 你想做什么发型? |
[25:43] | Whatever you think will look nice. | 你觉得好看就行 |
[25:57] | Maxine… | 麦克欣… |
[26:00] | I love you and I like you. | 我爱你 我也欣赏你 |
[26:06] | I like your fire. | 我欣赏你的激情 |
[26:09] | And I like your heart. | 我欣赏你的善良 |
[26:12] | Even though you try not to let people see it. | 虽然你尽量 不让别人看到你善良的一面 |
[26:16] | Like mother, like daughter. | 女儿像妈妈 |
[26:21] | Ain’t that the truth. [chuckles] | 可不是嘛 |
[26:31] | I was thinking, since I’m off on weekends… | 我在想 我厂里周末休息… |
[26:35] | Maybe I could pick up a Saturday shift? | 也许我可以周六过来帮忙? |
[26:41] | That’d be nice. | 那就太好了 |
[26:48] | You know what else I like about you? | 你知道我还喜欢你的什么优点吗? |
[26:51] | Your hair. | 你的头发 |
[26:53] | You’ve always had such good hair. | 你的头发一直这么好 |
[27:00] | [knocking on door] | |
[27:03] | [Gary] Maxine. | 麦克欣 |
[27:05] | -Can I come in? -Wait, what do you want? | -我可以进来吗? -你有什么贵干? |
[27:07] | Why are you saying it like that? | -你为什么这么说话? |
[27:09] | Because you always want something. | -你没事绝不会来找我 |
[27:11] | Well, this time it’s gonna be a good situation, | 这次来找你是为了好事 |
[27:14] | so just let me in, okay? | 所以让我进去 好吗? |
[27:22] | Nice, uh… sheets. | 挺漂亮的…床单 |
[27:26] | Wait, did you come here to make fun of my sheets, because I have a lot of… | 等等 你是来取笑我的床单的? 因为我有很多… |
[27:37] | I… I have a Dr. Pepper I’ve been saving for a special occasion. | 我…有一瓶汽水 专门为特别时刻留着的 |
[27:42] | I’m not thirsty. | 我不口渴 |
[27:46] | Uh… | |
[27:48] | Um… | |
[27:49] | Don’t we need to figure out our stuff before we do this? | 在我们这样做之前 难道不该先解决我们的争执吗? |
[27:53] | No. I think I’ve been taking everything just a little too seriously lately. | 不 我想我最近 对每件事都太过认真了 |
[27:57] | -Does that mean you’re not serious about us? -Oh, come on, Gary! | -这是否意味着你对我们不认真? -拜托 加里! |
[28:00] | You wanna do this or not? | 你到底想不想做? |
[28:09] | [moaning softly] | |
[28:15] | No, no, I can’t look at that. We need to, uh… Can we… | 不行 我不能看着那个 我们需要…我们能不能… |
[28:19] | Uh, yeah, yeah, okay. Yeah, okay. | 好的 |
[28:21] | Yeah, sure. | 是的 当然 |
[28:24] | You’re the most perfect thing. | 你是最完美的 |
[28:29] | [chuckles] | |
[28:37] | [Gary moaning] | |
[28:40] | [Gary sighs] | |
[28:49] | Whoo! | |
[29:09] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[29:13] | -Wait. Stay a while. -[stammering] I forgot, I was supposed to meet Clance. | -等等 在这里待一会儿 -我忘了 我约了克兰丝 |
[29:17] | I gotta meet Clance. Clance is waiting. | 我得去见克兰丝 她在等我 |
[29:19] | -No, but you can… -And I left a pot. I left a pot. | -别走 你可以… -而且我忘了关火 |
[29:21] | There’s a pot on the stove. House is probably burned down, so… | 炉子上烧着锅 |
[29:25] | What… | 房子可能已经被烧毁了 所以… |
[29:27] | So, I gotta go. But thank you. Thank you for this. | 所以 我得走了 但是谢谢你 谢谢你跟我做 |
[29:32] | Um, it was… | 感觉… |
[29:35] | Mmm-hmm. Okay. | 好的 |
[29:37] | Bye! | 再见! |
[29:39] | [door closes] | |
[29:41] | [crowd chattering indistinctly] | |
[29:43] | Hey! You Peaches. | 嘿!蜜桃们 |
[29:45] | You ready to kick the feet clear out of their Sox? | 准备好把袜子们踢得找不到脚! 我们要狠狠地打败她们 |
[29:48] | [all laughing] | |
[29:49] | We’re gonna beat ’em so bad they’re gonna turn from Blue Sox to Black Sox! | 让她们从蓝袜子变成黑袜子! 这个笑话好 乔 |
[29:53] | [all laughing] | |
[29:54] | [clears throat loudly] | |
[29:55] | All right, everybody. Get in line. Line up, right now. | 好了 各位 排队 马上排好队 |
[29:59] | When I talk… you listen. | 我说话的时候…你们就得听 |
[30:01] | You. You’re starting. | 你 你首发 |
[30:03] | And I’m signing to you, and you’re taking every single one, got it? | 我要你打暗号 |
[30:06] | -Huh? -[laughs] | 你每个都必须照做 明白吗? |
[30:08] | [Carson] Oh, are you laughing now? Is everyone laughing? | 你们在笑?每个人都在笑? |
[30:10] | We’re laughing now? | 我们现在要笑吗? |
[30:11] | -Hmm. -Excuse me? | 你说什么? |
[30:13] | The next person who laughs is sitting on the bench. Let’s go. | 下一个笑的人不能上场 我们走吧 |
[30:17] | [Lupe] Really? | 玩真的? |
[30:19] | Yeah. Really. | 对 玩真的 |
[30:20] | Okay. | 好的 |
[30:22] | -Ha-ha-ha. -[all laughing] | |
[30:24] | [muttering] | |
[30:26] | You know what? Actually that’s great because I want Terri to start | 其实这倒好了 因为我想让特丽首发 |
[30:29] | and you’re staying last in batting order. Thank you. | 你最后一个击球 谢谢 |
[30:31] | -Hey, Carson. -Hey, Greta. | -嘿 卡森 -嘿 格丽塔 |
[30:33] | Are you aware that you’re doing a voice right now? | 你意识到你现在正在模仿某个声音吗? |
[30:36] | A weird voice. | 一个奇怪的声音 |
[30:37] | No, I’m not. | 我并没有 |
[30:38] | If I may, you are doing a voice, and it’s very loud. | 容我说两句 你在模仿别人的声音 而且很大声 |
[30:41] | It’s a very high register. | 属于很高的声区 |
[30:42] | [speaking Spanish] Why is she talking like that? | 她为什么会这样说话? |
[30:45] | -[Lupe] Right. There’s a lot of intensity, right in her eye. -[Greta] In the face. | 对 她脸上的表情很紧张 |
[30:48] | -It’s the lower half of the face. -No one likes it. | -尤其脸的下半部分 |
[30:50] | -[laughs mockingly] -[players quieten] | -没有人喜欢这样 |
[30:52] | [continues laughing] | |
[30:55] | If I were doing a voice… | 如果我真的是在模仿… |
[30:58] | If I were… [chuckling] | 如果是模仿… |
[31:00] | It’d be fine. | 那倒没事 |
[31:02] | Because guess what? Surprise, surprise, I’m in charge. | 因为你们猜怎么着? 惊喜来了 这里由我说了算 |
[31:05] | Can we focus on the fucking game, please? | 我们可以专注于这场比赛吗? |
[31:07] | Yeah, so, uh, mmm, I’m starting, right? | 好 所以我首发 对吧? |
[31:10] | Uh, no, you’re not starting. | 不 不派你首发 |
[31:12] | And if you bring it up one more time, you’re going to be benched even more. | 如果你敢再提 你就别想上场了 |
[31:14] | [player quietly] What? | 什么? |
[31:15] | -Okay, now can we play? -No! | -好吧 现在我们可以去比赛了吗? -不行! |
[31:17] | You can go play when I say that you can go play. | 我说你们可以去比赛 你们才可以去 |
[31:22] | Do not… move. | 不许动 |
[31:26] | Ah, ah, ah! Do not. | 别…别动 |
[31:29] | Ooh. | |
[31:34] | Let’s go. Thank you, that was great. | 我们走吧 谢谢大家 刚才非常好 |
[31:36] | And let’s have a great game out there. That was a great team-building workshop. | 我们在球场上好好比赛 团队建设研讨会非常棒 |
[31:40] | -Grab some water. -Okay. Then you should head out. | -我想喝点水 -行 然后出去 |
[31:42] | Head out there to sit on the bench. Thank you so much. Phew. | 去外面坐在板凳上 非常感谢 |
[31:45] | [organ music playing] | |
[31:46] | [announcer] Blue Sox, still in the lead. The score now eight to three. | 蓝袜队仍然领先 现在比分是8比3 |
[31:56] | [crowd cheering] | |
[32:02] | And that’s another run for the Blue Sox. | 蓝袜队又得1分 |
[32:05] | I’m telling ya, these Peaches are playing rotten without Coach Porter. | 要我说 没有了波特教练 这些蜜桃烂透了 |
[32:09] | [crowd booing] | |
[32:12] | Lupe. Come on. | 露蓓 上场 |
[32:16] | Lu. | 小露 |
[32:19] | [organ music playing] | |
[32:33] | I can’t believe we lost. | 真不敢相信我们输了 |
[32:35] | Bev said to be the boot. | 贝夫人说我要强硬 |
[32:37] | It felt like I just got in everyone’s head, you know? | 感觉我把大家都惹恼了 你知道吗? |
[32:40] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[32:45] | Wait. I’m so sorry I yelled at you. That was so out of line, | 等等 抱歉我今天对你大喊大叫 那太过分了 |
[32:48] | and I don’t wanna be like that with you. | 我不想那样对你 |
[32:50] | No, no, no that’s okay. You being such an asshole, it was hot. | 不 没关系 你表现得很讨人厌 那其实很性感 |
[32:54] | Wait, what? I wasn’t trying to be an asshole, okay? | 等等 什么? 我并不是想让人讨厌 好吗? |
[32:57] | I was just doing what was best for the team. Take charge, you know? | 我只是在做对球队最有益的事情 主持大局 你知道吗? |
[33:01] | Oh, yeah. Take charge. You’re such an asshole. Keep going. | 对 主持大局 你真是个大混蛋 继续 |
[33:09] | Can we just… Can we stop, please? | 我们能…我们能停下来吗? |
[33:11] | I just need to talk for a second. | 我需要聊一聊 |
[33:13] | I don’t really feel like talking, Carson. | 我真的不想说话 卡森 |
[33:15] | What is going on with you? I feel like you’re a different person. | 你怎么了?我觉得你变了 |
[33:19] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[33:20] | I mean, on the road trip, you were… We were just… | 我的意思是 在旅行期间 你…我们… |
[33:23] | You’re the one who’s different, Carson. Okay? | 变的人是你 卡森 好吗? |
[33:26] | Just because you are the coach doesn’t mean that you get to control me. | 你当上了教练 并不意味着你可以控制我 |
[33:30] | I’m not trying to control you. I’m trying to talk to you. | 我并不是想控制你 而是想跟你聊天 |
[33:33] | -Also, why are we yelling? -Oh, my God! Jo was right. | -而且我们为什么要大喊大叫? -天哪!乔说得没错 |
[33:37] | You can’t keep coming to me with your problems. | 你不能一直带着你的问题来找我 |
[33:40] | Fine, I won’t. | -好吧 |
[33:41] | -Great. -Jesus. | 我再也不会了 |
[33:48] | -[sighs heavily] -[door slams] | 天哪 -太好了 |
[33:50] | [whispers] God damn it. | 该死的 |
[34:03] | That’s for your ass, it’s getting soft from sitting on the bench so long. | 这是给你的屁股的 你坐冷板凳坐太久了 屁股都软了 |
[34:08] | Leave me alone. | 别来烦我 |
[34:10] | I thought we had an understanding, brother? | 我以为我们达成了共识 兄弟? |
[34:12] | -I came here to win, not to fuck around. -Yeah, so did I. | -我来这里是为了赢 不是为了混日子 -我也是 |
[34:15] | Then… what is this? | 那…你这算是什么? |
[34:17] | [exhales] | |
[34:20] | She grabbed me. | 是她先抓了我 |
[34:23] | But I’m the “fiery troublemaker”? | 可我却成了“制造麻烦的烫手山芋”? |
[34:27] | She started the fight, not me. | 是她先动手打的人 不是我 |
[34:29] | She had secret practices behind my back. She drove Dove away. | 是她背着我秘密练习 是她把鸽子赶走了 |
[34:33] | And now she gets to coach. | 现在她还当上了教练 |
[34:36] | She didn’t even want that. | 她甚至不想当教练 |
[34:38] | Just had it handed to her. | 这个职位是别人硬塞给她的 |
[34:41] | And you… never wondered why that is? | 而你…从来没有想过那是为什么吗… |
[34:46] | [speaking Spanish] Brother. | 兄弟? |
[34:50] | [speaking English] I didn’t think of it like that. | 我没有那样想过 |
[34:53] | Yeah. | 对 |
[34:56] | You don’t have to. | 你不必那么想 |
[35:03] | [jazz music playing on speakers] | |
[35:12] | You were right, of course. About her. | 你没有看错 这是当然的 你看透了她 |
[35:17] | About me. | 也看透了我 |
[35:22] | Maybe I was. | 也许我确实说对了 |
[35:25] | “Maybe”? | “也许”? |
[35:28] | Look, Bird. | 听着 小鸟 |
[35:32] | After Dana… | 自从丹娜的事之后… |
[35:34] | you had to be careful. We both did. | 你不得不小心谨慎 我们俩都是 |
[35:39] | But I just… | 但我就是… |
[35:42] | Maybe things are changing now. | 也许现在情况不同了 |
[35:44] | Joey, the world doesn’t change. | 乔伊 这个世界不会改变 |
[35:47] | Doesn’t it, though? | 真的不会改变吗? |
[35:49] | Look at us, Bird. Look at where we are. | 看看我们 小鸟 看看我们在哪里 |
[35:52] | You’re different. | 你就变了 |
[35:57] | Am I? | 是吗? |
[36:00] | Yeah, Bird. | 是的 小鸟 |
[36:02] | You’re happy with her. | 你跟她在一起很快乐 |
[36:10] | So, what if, right here, right now… | 所以 从现在开始 我们在这里… |
[36:16] | we forget the rules? | 忘记那些规则 怎么样? |
[36:18] | Both of us. | 我们俩 |
[36:20] | Wouldn’t that be nice? | 那不是很好吗? |
[36:26] | Yeah? | 好吗? |
[36:33] | -That last one was pure heat. -Thanks. | -最后那一球威力巨大 -谢谢 |
[36:37] | [chuckles] | |
[36:38] | Seems like everything works fine as long as no one’s watching. | 似乎只要没有人在看 我就能正常发挥 |
[36:41] | Except you, I guess | 除了你以外 |
[36:46] | I didn’t notice, you’re married? | 我之前没有注意到 你结婚了? |
[36:49] | Oh. Yeah. Yeah. Uh, he’s in the army. | 是的 他在军队里 |
[36:57] | I know what you’re thinking. | 我知道你在想什么 |
[37:00] | How can I, while he’s away at war, with her? | 他正在远方的战场上 我怎么能跟她在一起? |
[37:05] | No. | 不 |
[37:08] | No, I was thinking… | 不 我刚才在想… |
[37:12] | How can you with him… | 你怎么能跟他那个… |
[37:15] | Physically? | 进行身体接触? |
[37:17] | Oh. | |
[37:22] | Well, it’s not bad. | 感觉不坏 |
[37:25] | It can kinda be nice sometimes. | 有时也挺不错的 |
[37:29] | Agree to disagree. | 我接受你的不同意见 |
[37:32] | But you like him? | 但是你喜欢他吗? |
[37:34] | Yeah. Yeah, I love him. | 喜欢 我爱他 |
[37:38] | But… | 但是… |
[37:40] | I think I might love her too. | 我想我可能也爱她 |
[37:46] | Can’t believe I said that, outside of my own head. | 真不敢相信我把这话说了出来 |
[37:51] | [chuckling] I can’t either. | 我也不能相信 |
[37:53] | [laughs] | |
[37:56] | I know what I’m doing doesn’t make any sense. | 我知道我在做的事完全说不通 |
[38:00] | Does anything? | 难道别的事说得通吗? |
[38:02] | I mean, besides this? | 我是说除了棒球以外 |
[38:06] | I wish I could talk to my pitcher like this. | 真希望我能像这样跟我的投手聊天 |
[38:09] | It would be so much easier for me if you were on the Peaches. | 如果你加入蜜桃队 对我来说会容易得多 |
[38:14] | For you? | 对你来说? |
[38:17] | You do realize I can’t be on the Peaches, right? | 你知道我不能加入蜜桃队 对吧? |
[38:21] | Yeah, no. Of course, I just meant that we would make great teammates. | 是的 当然 我的意思只是 我们俩会是非常合拍的队友 |
[38:25] | Did you even see me at tryouts? | 你在选拔赛上看到了我的表现吗? |
[38:27] | Yeah, your throw was incredible. | 有 你投的那一球令人难以置信 |
[38:29] | And did you say something when they kicked me off the field? | 当他们把我踢出球场时 你有没有说什么? |
[38:32] | Did you do anything? | 你有没有做任何事? |
[38:37] | I can’t keep doing this to myself. | 我不能一直这样对自己 |
[38:40] | Wait. Wait, Max. Meet me again, please? | 等等 麦克斯 请跟我再见面好吗? |
[38:42] | We can have a catch, or play catch, whatever. Max! | 我们可以玩抛接球 还是什么的 |
[38:52] | [Lupe grunts] Fuck! | 麦克斯! 该死的! |
[38:55] | Pitch it straight! | 扔直球 |
[38:56] | Ow. | |
[38:59] | [ball thudding] | |
[39:00] | Fuck! | 该死的! |
[39:02] | [grunts] | |
[39:03] | Come on, Garcia. What’re you doing? Hmm? | 拜托 加西亚 你在做什么? |
[39:11] | Come on, you fucking headcase! | 拜托 你这有毛病的家伙! |
[39:16] | [Clance] “Take that, Zitler! Pow!” | 吃我一拳 齐特勒! |
[39:18] | “Which do you like better, hamburgers or fists?” | 你喜欢吃哪个?汉堡包还是拳头? |
[39:20] | Nah, hamburgers is too American. | 不行 汉堡包太美国化了 |
[39:23] | “Sauerkraut or fists.” Sauerkraut? You can’t spell that. | 酸菜还是拳头?酸菜?这词很难写 |
[39:26] | -Schnitzel… Not Schnitzel. -[Max] Oh, no. You been drinking again? | -炸肉排…炸肉排不行 -你又喝酒了? |
[39:29] | No. This happens to be my process, okay? | 不是 我创作的过程就是这样 好吗? |
[39:33] | I need to feel the characters if I want Guy to feel them, so… | 如果我想让盖伊感受角色 我得自己感受他们 所以… |
[39:37] | Well, I think I may have just found you some more inspiration. | 我想我可能 刚刚为你找到了更多的灵感 |
[39:41] | Oh, my God! | Oh, my God! Oh, my God! Okay. 我的天啊!好的 |
[39:45] | -Slow down. -All right. Okay. | -慢一点 -好吧 好的 |
[39:49] | What’s it say? | 写了什么? |
[39:52] | Dear… Birds… Awful… | “亲爱的…鸟…可怕… |
[39:57] | Don’t… Say… Scratch… Sunset. Love, Guy. | “不要…说…刮伤…日落 爱你的盖伊” |
[40:02] | That’s it? That’s all they’re giving me? | 就是这样?这就是他们给我的全部内容? |
[40:05] | They even blacked out my name. I know my own name. | 他们甚至涂黑了我的名字 我知道我自己的名字 |
[40:08] | This is scratch, so, what? Scratch. Does it mean he’s got injured? | 这是“刮伤” 什么情况? 刮伤 是不是说明他受伤了? |
[40:12] | Because you know, those doctors probably won’t even treat him, so… | 因为你知道那些医生 |
[40:15] | Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey. | 可能甚至不给他治疗 所以… |
[40:16] | He’s alive. That’s what matters, right? | 他活着 这才是最重要的 对吧? |
[40:20] | “Scratch”? That don’t even sound that bad. | “刮伤”?那听起来没有很严重 |
[40:23] | -Yeah. It’s just a scratch. -Just a scratch. | -是的 只是刮伤 -只是刮伤 |
[40:26] | -He’s alive. -Yes, he’s alive. | -他还活着 -是的 他还活着 |
[40:28] | [sighs] | |
[40:33] | At least some things are back to normal. | 至少有些事情恢复正常了 |
[40:36] | I was worried when you didn’t come home last night, | 昨晚你没回家 我很担心 |
[40:39] | but, obviously, you picked up a baseball again and I knew you would. | 但是显然你又拿起了棒球 |
[40:43] | Oh, uh, no. Uh… | 我料到了你会的 不 |
[40:46] | I actually think I need to put baseball down for a little bit. | 实际上我认为 我需要把棒球暂时放一边 |
[40:49] | What? Why? | 什么?为什么? |
[40:51] | Just need to. | 我就是需要这么做 好吧 |
[40:56] | I’m spinnin’ here ’cause, uh… | 我有点困惑 因为… |
[40:59] | I mean, who even is Max if she’s not playing baseball? | 我的意思是 如果麦克斯不打棒球了 那她会是谁? |
[41:04] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[41:07] | I think that’s the problem. | 我认为这就是问题所在 |
[41:11] | It’s time for me to figure out who I am without it. | 没有了棒球的我是谁 是时候弄清楚这一点了 |
[41:26] | You’re here early. | 你来早了 |
[41:29] | Yeah. | 是 |
[41:31] | What’s it to you? | 关你什么事? |
[41:35] | Uh, can I talk to everyone for a second? | 我可以和大家说几句吗? |
[41:42] | Listen up. | 听着 |
[41:48] | So… | 那个… |
[41:51] | I’ve been a real asshole lately. | 最近我表现得非常讨人厌 |
[41:54] | And, to be honest, it’s just because | 老实说 这只是因为 |
[41:58] | I’m really scared that I’m not going to be able to do this good enough for you. | 我很担心我做得不够好 会辜负你们 |
[42:04] | So, Dove left | 鸽子离开了 |
[42:08] | and I got so in my head about being coach that I made this about me. | 我一心想当好教练 于是表现得过于以自我为重 |
[42:13] | But it’s not. | 但事实并非如此 |
[42:16] | And I don’t trust that I know the answers. | 而且我不相信我知道答案 |
[42:21] | But… I trust you. | 但是…我相信你们 |
[42:29] | You’re my pitcher. | 你是我的投手 |
[42:31] | And when you tell me you’re ready, you’re ready. | 你告诉我你准备好了 那你就真的准备好了 |
[42:41] | Anyway… | 不管如何… |
[42:43] | Someone once told me that they don’t get to decide if this is real or not. | 有人跟我说过 他们无权决定这是不是真的 |
[42:48] | We do. | 该由我们来决定 |
[42:50] | Hmm. I feel like half of that made sense. | 我觉得这句话当中 有半句是有道理的 |
[42:54] | [players chuckling] | |
[42:56] | All right, city girl. | 好吧 城里的姑娘 |
[42:58] | Yeah. I’m not that good at talking. I promise I’ll get better at talking. | 是 我不擅长说话 我保证我会提高说话水平 |
[43:02] | And at listening. And at making us a team. | 和倾听的水平 以及让我们球队凝聚起来的水平 |
[43:07] | Let’s hurry up, ladies. It’s almost game time. | 快点吧 女士们 比赛时间快到了 |
[43:12] | Hey, Shaw… | 诶 肖… |
[43:18] | When I wind up, I’m still really tight. | 我挥臂的时候 感觉肌肉还非常紧 |
[43:21] | And I don’t know that I can pitch the same way. | 我不知道还能不能像之前那样投球 |
[43:26] | I mean, do you have to? | 你非得那样投球吗? |
[43:28] | The forkball was Dove’s pitch. What’s yours? | 指叉球是鸽子的招式 你的招式是什么? |
[43:33] | Listen, you lead, I catch. No signs. | 听着 你领头 我接球 我不给你暗号 |
[43:43] | Okay. | 好的 |
[43:44] | [crowd cheering] | |
[43:56] | [umpire] Safe! | 很好 艾丝蒂 |
[43:57] | [crowd cheering] | |
[43:58] | [exclaims] | |
[44:00] | Let’s go! Yes! | 加油!好! 加油!好! |
[44:02] | Striker’s in a jam. With a runner on base and a full count. | 好球手陷入了困境 有一个跑垒员在垒上 而且达到了满球数 |
[44:08] | [exhales] | |
[44:28] | [announcer] And she’s out. That’s the inning, folks. | 出局 这一局结束 观众们 |
[44:32] | Bye-bye, Blue Sox! | -再见了 蓝袜子! -天啊 |
[44:35] | [all laughing] | |
[44:36] | Right? We just beat the best team in the League. | 对吧?我们刚刚打败了 联盟中最厉害的球队 |
[44:39] | Do you know what this means? | 你们知道这意味着什么吗? |
[44:40] | This means we actually have a shot at the championships! | 意味着我们有机会拿冠军! |
[44:43] | [all cheer] | |
[44:45] | I was going over the math 23 times this morning, | 今天早上我算数据算了23次 |
[44:47] | and, statistically speaking, it’s not impossible. It is not impossible. | 从统计学上来讲 这并非不可能 |
[44:50] | -That’s right. -[all] Not impossible. | -没错 -并非不可能 |
[44:53] | All right, all right, all right. Let’s raise one… | 好的 让我们举杯… |
[45:00] | To Lu. | 敬小露 |
[45:01] | My… | 我的… |
[45:02] | [speaking Spanish] Brother. | 兄弟 |
[45:04] | [speaking English] Hear, hear. | 同意 |
[45:05] | -To Lu! | -To Lu! 敬小露! |
[45:07] | [all] To Lu! | 好的 |
[45:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[45:10] | You know, I think we should probably shower her with praise. | 我认为我们应该用赞美之词来浇灌她 |
[45:14] | -You know what I mean? -Mmm. Yeah, yeah, I know what you mean. | -你明白我的意思吗? -明白 |
[45:17] | -Oh, God! No. -[Jo] Get over here. | -天啊!不要 -到这里来 |
[45:19] | [Lupe] This is my good shirt! | 不要 我这件是好衬衫 |
[45:22] | -Hey. -Hi. | -嘿 -嗨 |
[45:26] | -[whispering] Can we go talk for a second? -Yeah. | -我们可以去聊聊吗? -可以 |
[45:28] | [players continue chattering indistinctly] | |
[45:36] | When I was 17, there was this girl. | 我17岁的时候 遇到了一个女孩 |
[45:40] | This was hers. | 这是她的 |
[45:49] | At first, we were really careful. | 一开始的时候 我们非常小心 |
[45:54] | And then we fell in love | 后来我们坠入了爱河 |
[45:57] | and we stopped being careful. | 就忘了要小心谨慎 |
[46:03] | Her mom caught us. | 我们被她妈妈撞破了 |
[46:07] | And I was fine, but… | 我还好 但是… |
[46:12] | her parents had her put away. | 她父母把她送去了精神病院 |
[46:16] | “Put away”? | “送去了精神病院”? |
[46:21] | You remind me of her. And… | 你让我想起了她 而… |
[46:26] | I think that’s been scaring me. | 我想这一点一直让我很害怕 |
[46:29] | Because I… | 因为我… |
[46:35] | I don’t wanna see you get hurt. | 我不想看到你受伤害 |
[46:45] | I’m not gonna get hurt. And neither are you. | 我不会受伤害的 你也不会 |
[46:48] | You don’t know that. You can’t promise that. | 这可难说 你不能保证这一点 |
[46:51] | I know I can’t. | 我知道我不能 |
[46:56] | I still want this. | 但我还是想要这段关系 |
[47:03] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[47:05] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[47:07] | Mmm-hmm. Really. Really-really. | 真的 真的很想要 |
[47:25] | Still got that plate? | 你做的那道菜还有剩的吗? |
[47:36] | Are you sure about this? | 你确定吗? |
[47:41] | I’m sure. | 确定 好的 |
[47:51] | Don’t worry, Max. Bert’ll make you look real good. | 别担心 麦克斯 玻特会给你做个很棒的发型 |
[47:56] | Your mama and I learned how to cut hair together. | 你妈妈是和我一起学的剪发 |
[48:06] | [humming tune] | |
[48:16] | Mama always sings that. | 妈妈总会哼这首曲子 |
[48:21] | [Bertie] Well, maybe you came here to find a little piece of home. | 也许你来这里 就是为了找到一点家的感觉吧 创意监督 朝思 |
[48:27] | [continues humming] | |
[48:29] | [song playing] |