时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:12] | [knock on door] | |
[00:19] | [♪ Dodo Greene: “Hold on”] | |
[00:21] | – Charlie? – Surprise. | -查理? -惊喜 |
[00:27] | Wait, were gonna wake my roommate. | 等一下 我们会吵醒我室友的 |
[00:37] | I go where I please, I do what I please, | 我行动不受限制 我为所欲为 |
[00:41] | and I don’t say please. | 但我不求人 |
[01:10] | It’s okay to want things, Carson. | 有追求并没有错 卡森 |
[01:14] | Yeah. Just like you wrote me about in your letter. | 是的 就像你给我的信里写的一样 |
[01:19] | You got my letter? | 你收到了我的信? |
[01:20] | [chuckles] | |
[01:23] | Oh, Carson. | 卡森 |
[01:25] | – [Charlie] Carson. – [Greta] Carson. Carson. | -卡森 -卡森 |
[01:29] | Carson. | -卡森 -天啊 |
[01:30] | [Shirley] Carson. | -好吧 -卡森 |
[01:32] | Carson. Carson, wake up! | 卡森 醒醒! |
[01:34] | Wake up. Oh! You were having a night terror! | 醒醒 你在做噩梦! |
[01:37] | Oh, we really are like sisters. I get them too. | 我们真的就像姐妹一样 我也做噩梦 |
[01:40] | Sets the tone of the whole day. | 这会影响一整天的心情 |
[01:41] | And my day too now. Not to blame you. | 现在我的心情也不好了 我不是怪你 |
[01:43] | ‘Cause you’re the victim of the night terror. | 因为你是噩梦的受害者 |
[01:45] | But now my day’s off too. | 现在我也不好了 |
[01:47] | [instrumental music playing] | 粉红联盟 |
[02:01] | [music ends] | |
[02:03] | [door opens] | |
[02:05] | Howdy, neighbor. | 邻居 你好 |
[02:07] | Hey, hi. [clears throat] | 你好 |
[02:10] | Uh, actually, you know what? That’s a… This is a bad spot. | 其实 你不应该坐这里 |
[02:13] | Um, Shirley’s really weird about her bed, so… | 雪莉不喜欢别人碰她的床 所以… |
[02:15] | Ugh, Shirley’s weird about everything. | 雪莉对所有东西都有诸多要求 |
[02:17] | Yeah, I’m not. Um, about you being on my bed. It’s fine. | 是的 我不介意你坐我床上 没关系 |
[02:21] | – How’s it going, chickadee? – Um, it’s good. | -你好吗 小姐? -很好 |
[02:24] | Don’t be boring. | 不要这么无趣 |
[02:27] | What, you still haven’t heard back since you sent your letter? | 你寄出你写的信之后 一直没有收到回音吗? |
[02:31] | – It’s kind of our letter. You were heavily involved. – Uh-huh. | 是我们一起写的信 有你的积极参与 |
[02:33] | ‘Cause I don’t think I ever would have written that kind of a thing. | 我不认为我会写那种东西 |
[02:36] | I mean, certainly, there was a lot of alcohol… | 我敢肯定当时喝了很多酒… |
[02:38] | – There was a lot of alcohol. – Yeah, um… | 确实喝了很多酒 |
[02:42] | I was thinking, maybe we could try, um, I don’t know, | 我在想 也许我们可以试试 怎么说呢 |
[02:47] | to be just friends? | 当朋友? |
[02:49] | Friends can mean a lot of different things. | 朋友有很多不同的定义 |
[02:51] | Yeah. Like, so many. In this case, I think, maybe, | 是的 有很多 在我们这种情况下 我认为 |
[02:55] | just like, real friends. Like this. So we can talk about stuff. | 也许是指真正的朋友 像现在这样 可以推心置腹 |
[02:59] | And then we wouldn’t do anything else. | 然后我们不做任何别的事 |
[03:01] | Things that friends don’t usually do. | 朋友通常不会做的事 |
[03:06] | Oh, right. | 对 |
[03:09] | I remember now. Those things. | 我想起来了 那些事 |
[03:14] | I guess I only have one real friend, so another one wouldn’t hurt. | 我想我只有一个真正的朋友 所以多一个也无妨 |
[03:19] | [gospel song playing] | 第一锡安基督教堂 打败泛德主义者 打败纳粹 废弃物品放在这里 |
[03:27] | Good morning, Mrs. Brown. | 早上好 布朗太太 |
[03:29] | Reverend Luther, how’s that grandbaby doing? | 路德牧师 你的孙子怎么样了? |
[03:31] | All right. Enjoy! Mm-hmm. | 好的 祝愉快! |
[03:35] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[03:36] | – [Toni] Gladys! – Miss Toni. | -格拉迪斯! -托尼女士 |
[03:39] | She married to a deacon, so she thinks she a shoo-in for the head usher | 她嫁给了一位执事 所以自从罗斯女士上了天堂之后 |
[03:43] | since Miss Rose moved on. | 她认定了自己能当上引座主管 |
[03:44] | Didn’t Miss Rose get hit by a car? | 罗斯小姐不是被车撞的吗? |
[03:46] | Like I said. | 我就是这么说的 |
[03:48] | Anyway, if everything at the revival goes straight, | 不管怎样 如果复活会一切正常 |
[03:51] | then the only thing she’ll be ushering is her big ol’ head to the back row! | 她就只有把她自己引去后排座的份! |
[03:55] | [chuckles] | |
[03:56] | Head Usher Chapman, look at you. | 查普曼引座主管 看看你 |
[03:59] | Look at you! | 看看你! |
[04:01] | Stepping up at the salon and stepping up at church. | 在美容厅独当一面 在教会也主动承担工作 |
[04:04] | That’s my Maxine. | 不愧是我的麦克欣 |
[04:06] | I will go on a sex strike. | 我不要跟你做爱 |
[04:07] | – Oh, come on. – Shh! | -别这样 -瞧瞧他们俩 |
[04:09] | – Oh, sorry. Sorry, Miss Toni. – Punctuality is a virtue. | -不好意思 托尼女士 -守时是一种美德 |
[04:13] | – Yes, Miss Toni. Come on. – Mm-hmm. Remember that now. | -是的 托尼女士 不好意思 -现在记好了 |
[04:15] | Okay, now. | 现在好了 |
[04:17] | They’re your friends. Come on, baby. | 他们是你的朋友 来吧 宝贝 |
[04:20] | [religious song being sung] | |
[04:25] | Well, look at you, blushing. | 看你都脸红了 |
[04:27] | So, what’s the word on you two? | 你们两个进展怎么样? |
[04:31] | The word is good. | 进展不错 |
[04:35] | [♪ Barbara and The Browns: “In My Heart”] | |
[04:55] | You think I could look like a man with my hair tucked back like this? | 你觉得我的头发这样塞在后面 看起来像男人吗? |
[05:00] | No. You look too soft. | 不像 |
[05:03] | [scoffs] I’m not soft. | 你看起来太柔和了 我不柔和 |
[05:06] | Why you wanna look like a man anyway? | 为什么你想看起来像个男人? |
[05:08] | Just sometimes think things would be easier if I was one. | 只是有时我认为 如果我是男人 事情会容易得多 |
[05:11] | – And maybe you wouldn’t be calling me soft. – Oh. | 也许那样你就不会说我柔和了 |
[05:14] | Plus, I got this interview at the factory, | 而且我在工厂有个面试 |
[05:17] | and they ain’t hirin’ Maxines. | 他们可不请叫“麦克欣”的 |
[05:18] | Okay… Max. | 好吧 麦克斯 |
[05:22] | Hand me my purse. | 把我的手提包递给我 |
[05:24] | [sighs] I gotta get to the tent. | 我得去帐篷那儿了 |
[05:26] | Donald’s got the consecration at 8:00. | 唐纳德8点有祝圣礼 |
[05:30] | What if you weren’t looking at me too closely? | 不仔细看的话 |
[05:42] | Mmm. | 你觉得我像男人吗? |
[05:45] | I’d say you were a stud. | 我会觉得你是个花花大少 |
[05:48] | [chuckles] | |
[05:51] | Oh, my God. Who is she talking to? The President? I mean… | 我的天啊 她在给谁打电话? 总统吗?我是说… |
[05:55] | She’s not picking up. I just wanna know if he’s written. | 她没有接 我只想知道他有没有写信给我 |
[05:58] | Oh, gosh. ‘Cause when I don’t hear from Irving for a day, | 天啊 要是我哪天没有厄文的消息 |
[06:01] | feels like my heart is being trampled by a herd of rhinos. | 就会觉得我的心 被一群犀牛践踏过一样 |
[06:04] | Oh, yeah. It’s the same with me. It’s like rhinos, and… | 是的 我也一样 就像犀牛 还有… |
[06:07] | – Yeah. – I’m just gonna try one more time. | -是的 替你难过… -我要再试一次 |
[06:10] | Ladies! Paychecks! Paychecks, ladies. | 女士们!发薪水了! |
[06:16] | Paychecks, ladies. | 发薪水了 女士们 |
[06:17] | – What? Oh. – Oh, God! Yes! I’m rich! | -什么? -天哪!太好了!我有钱了! |
[06:21] | [speaking Spanish] They spelled my name wrong. | 他们把我的名字拼错了 |
[06:23] | [speaking English] I have no idea what you are saying. Good job. | 我不知道你在说什么 干得好 |
[06:26] | I don’t trust paper money. | 我不相信支票 |
[06:28] | Gimme. Gimme! | 给我! |
[06:30] | I say we send this to your mom as an F.U. | 我觉得该把这笔钱寄给你妈羞辱她 |
[06:32] | It’s more money than she’s ever seen. | 她从没见过这么一大笔钱 |
[06:34] | – Yeah, but then she’d know where we are. – Greta! | -那她就会知道我们在哪里 -格丽塔! |
[06:36] | Ladies, may I suggest purchasing war bonds, | 女士们 我建议你们购买战争债券 |
[06:38] | which are both a prudent and patriotic way to invest. | 这种投资方式既审慎又爱国 |
[06:41] | Not only in your country… | 不仅在你的国家… |
[06:43] | Surprised we’re even getting a check. | 没想到我们还能收到薪水 |
[06:44] | – Eight games in and we’re the worst team in the league. – [coughs] | 打了八场比赛 我们是联盟中最差的球队 |
[06:48] | Uh, so, I overheard Sarge and Artie talking, | 我无意中听到了中士和阿蒂的谈话 |
[06:50] | and apparently we have the lowest attendance in the league. | 据说我们的上座率是联盟中最低的 |
[06:53] | – Oh, pshh. – So? | -真失望 -所以… |
[06:55] | Well, every time I’m on a sinking boat, the first thing I do is drop the dead weight. | 每次我在下沉的船上 我做的第一件事就是扔掉死沉的东西 |
[06:59] | – What does that mean? – Mmm. | 什么意思? |
[07:01] | How many sinking boats have you been on? | 你坐过多少艘下沉的船? |
[07:04] | Tell me about each one. | 把每一艘都跟我讲讲 |
[07:05] | Enjoy it, Carson. It’s our last one. | 好好享受吧 卡森 这是我们的最后一份工资 |
[07:07] | Wait, why? What happened? | 等等 |
[07:09] | Oh… Don’t listen to her. What are you gonna spend yours on? Go. | 为什么?发生什么事了? |
[07:13] | Um… | 别听她胡说 你的钱要怎么花?说吧 |
[07:14] | – I’m probably just gonna save it. – Okay. | -我可能只会把它存起来 -好的 |
[07:17] | Yeah. Charlie and I don’t have that much, and, um, | 是的 查理和我没什么钱 |
[07:19] | he did always talk about wanting to buy a house someday. | 他以前总是说 |
[07:22] | – So… – Oh. That’s nice. | 有朝一日想买栋房子 所以… |
[07:23] | Well, I’m gonna spend it all. | 我会把钱都花掉 |
[07:25] | Maybe on a real live fur coat! | 也许会买一件皮草大衣! |
[07:27] | – [giggles] – Oh, wow. | |
[07:28] | – Well, probably not a live one, right? – Yeah. | -应该不是活生生的 对吧? -对 |
[07:31] | Though I wonder how much that would cost. | 不过我想知道那要花多少钱 |
[07:33] | Say, Dove, why don’t you tell our readers about what it was like facing Joltin’ Joe? | 鸽子 跟我们的读者说说 跟震震乔当对手的感受? |
[07:37] | Oh, God. Facing DiMaggio was like reeling a tarpon during a twister. | 天啊 跟迪马吉奥对手就像是 在龙卷风里把一条上钩的大海鲢收回来一样 |
[07:42] | – Okay. – But even he could never hit my forkball. Not once. | 但是连他也打不中我的指叉球 一次都没有击中 |
[07:46] | [clears throat] | |
[07:47] | Oh, and this little lady is gonna continue the forkball tradition. | 这位年轻女士将延续我的指叉球传统 |
[07:51] | Thanks, Coach. I’m really just happy to be getting some in there. | 谢谢 教练 我真的很高兴 能在球场上投出指叉球 |
[07:55] | Yeah, yeah, yeah. By the time I get done with her, | 是的 |
[07:56] | her arm’s gonna be meaner than Bob Feller. | 等我把她调教好之后 她的胳膊会比鲍伯费勒还厉害 |
[07:59] | You can call her Li’l Dove. | -大家可以叫她“小鸽子” -很好 |
[08:01] | – [reporter] Okay. – No, better yet, better yet, the Spanish Striker. | 不 |
[08:03] | Oh! | 更好的绰号 西班牙好球手 |
[08:05] | [Dove] Right? Margarita on the Mound, | 对吗?投手丘上的玛格丽塔酒 |
[08:08] | grew up in Texas from one of the Spanish counties. | 在得克萨斯州的一个西班牙县长大 |
[08:10] | [reporter] Right, right. Spice. | 对 够味儿 |
[08:11] | Maybe we should have told him I write for the Tribune. | 也许我们该跟他说我为《论坛报》撰稿 |
[08:13] | – Then e would have given us the time of day. – Pshh. | 那他就会注意到我们了 |
[08:15] | Oh! Sorry, Shaw, I didn’t mean to talk bad | 对不起 |
[08:17] | – about your little daddykins. – [Jo laughs] | 肖 我不是故意讲你的小爸爸坏话的 |
[08:19] | He’s not my daddy. He’s a jerk. | 他不是我爸爸 |
[08:21] | Oh! Look who finally decided to join the party! | 他是个混蛋 看看谁终于决定跟我们统一战线了! |
[08:24] | Hey! We don’t need a “Told you so,” we need a plan. | 我们不需要当马后炮 我们需要一个计划 |
[08:27] | We can’t practice for two hours a day and win | 我们每天练习两个小时根本赢不了 |
[08:29] | when the Blue Sox are practicing for six hours a day. | 蓝袜队每天练习六个小时 |
[08:32] | Don’t worry about it. I have everything under control. | 不用担心 一切都在我的掌控之中 |
[08:36] | [reporter] All right, tell us more about the Majors. | 再跟我们说说大联盟的球员吧 |
[08:38] | Ted Williams. Tell me more about Ted. | 泰德威廉斯 跟我说说他的事 |
[08:40] | Well, I would never kiss and tell, but, uh, I did make love to Ted one time. | 我绝不会爆料 但我确实跟泰德发生过一次性关系 |
[08:44] | [laughs] | |
[08:44] | – Okay! Thank you! – That was in the Minors. | -好了!谢谢 -那是在小联盟发生的 |
[08:47] | – [reporter] Dove, thanks, man. – [Dove] Good to see ya. | -鸽子 谢谢你 -很高兴见到你 |
[08:49] | Maybe you wanna speak to one of our other players? | 也许你想和我们其他的球员聊聊? |
[08:52] | Or you can come to the games, you know? | 或者你可以来看我们的比赛 |
[08:54] | We could, uh, really use the coverage. | 我们真的需要一些报道 |
[08:55] | Yeah, you know what? [sighs] | 嗯 你知道吗? |
[08:57] | The only reason I’m here is because your boss threatened to pull his candy bar ads | 我来这里的唯一原因是 你老板威胁如果我不给他做个头条 |
[09:00] | if I didn’t give him a headline. Don’t push your luck. | 他就撤掉糖果条广告 你别太得寸进尺了 |
[09:02] | Hey, Coach. | 嘿 教练 |
[09:03] | My elbow’s a little tweaked. Do you think it’s my grip or something? | 我的肘部有点扭伤 你认为是我的握法不对还是什么原因? |
[09:06] | Well, I’ll tell you something Red Ruffing asked me, | 我跟你说瑞德拉芬问我的问题吧 |
[09:09] | “You think you’re hurt, buddy? Or are you just tired?” | “老兄 你觉得你受伤了 |
[09:13] | Oh. Yeah, no, I’m just tired. | 还是只是累了?” 对 我只是累了 |
[09:15] | – You sure? – Yeah. Yeah, I’m good. | -你确定? -确定 我很好 |
[09:18] | Good man. | 很好 |
[09:19] | – Hello, Dove. – [Dove] Ladies. | -你好 鸽子 -女士们 |
[09:25] | No. | 不会吧 |
[09:28] | [sighs] Uh, Coach. Uh, sugar cream. | 教练 糖霜派 |
[09:31] | Made it myself. It’s not my finest. | 我自己做的 这不是我做得最好的 |
[09:33] | But I just wanted to give you a token of our appreciation. | 但我只是想向你表示我们的感激之情 |
[09:36] | Thank you, Shaw. | 谢谢你 肖 |
[09:38] | Uh, my ex-wife used to make me pies. | 我前妻以前经常给我做馅饼 |
[09:40] | – This one reminds me of her complexion. – Oh. | 这个让我想起了她的肤色 |
[09:42] | Understandably, I’m more of what you would call a muffin man. | 我想你应该能理解 我更喜欢吃马芬蛋糕 |
[09:45] | – Mmm. – In any case, we’ll pass this around later. | -无论如何 我们稍后再跟大家分着吃 -好的 |
[09:48] | – Okay. – Right now, we’re practicing our sport. | 现在 我们正在练习 |
[09:52] | – Thanks. – Yeah, about the baseball practice, | -谢谢 |
[09:53] | I would love… | -关于棒球练习 |
[09:55] | to talk more. | 我想 |
[09:58] | Wow. | 多聊几句 |
[10:00] | – A pie? – A pie. | -馅饼? -馅饼? |
[10:02] | That was your big plan? Bake him a pie? | 那就是你的大计划?给他烤馅饼? |
[10:05] | Okay, it was a conversation pie. | 好吧 我是想借馅饼跟他打开话题 |
[10:07] | – Oh, it was a conversation pie. – A conversation pie? Of course. | -想借馅饼跟他打开话题 -当然了 |
[10:10] | All right, I was gonna give it to him and then we’d get to chatting, | 我本来打算把馅饼给他 然后我们开始聊天 |
[10:12] | and then I could casually suggest, you know, practicing cutoffs and rundowns, | 然后我可以装作不在意地 建议练习拦接和夹杀 |
[10:16] | and practicing more in general. And then maybe, just maybe, we could get a goddamn game | 以及增加练习时间 这样也许我们就可以拿下一城! |
[10:20] | under our belt! A win! | 赢一场球! |
[10:22] | Okay, see ,now that actually sounds good. You should just say that. | 好的 你这话其实听起来不错 你应该这么说的 |
[10:25] | Yeah. I mean, I’m just waiting for the right time. | 是 我只是在等待合适的时机 |
[10:27] | I mean, clearly he prefers muffins, so… | 显然他更喜欢马芬蛋糕 所以… |
[10:30] | – Muffins? – You know what? | -马芬蛋糕? -你猜怎么着? |
[10:31] | I’ll go talk to Dove. Man to man. | 我去跟鸽子谈 摊开来直接说 |
[10:33] | – That’s right. Go for it. – Oh, Miss Gill. | -没错 去吧 -吉尔小姐 |
[10:36] | Yeah. | 在 |
[10:37] | A gentleman has requested the opportunity to take you out to dinner this Saturday. | 一位绅士请求本周六带你出去吃晚饭 |
[10:42] | Ooh! Is he cute? | 他帅吗? |
[10:44] | He was a man with a shirt. | 他就是个穿着衬衫的男人 |
[10:46] | And an interest in the Peaches, which is a rare breed these days. | 并且对蜜桃队感兴趣 |
[10:49] | Hmm. | 这在当今是稀有品种 |
[10:52] | I’ll tell him to expect us then? | -那我告诉我们会去? |
[10:54] | Us? Are you going on my date with me? | -我们?你要陪我去约会吗? |
[10:56] | League rules require that chaperones accompany players out with men. | 联盟规定 球员跟男性外出 必须有监护人陪同 |
[11:00] | I’ve been told my conversation skills are adequate. | 大家都说我的谈话技巧合格 |
[11:03] | Can’t wait. | 迫不及待了 |
[11:04] | [Dove] Yeah, you think so? Get moving! | 是吗 你是这么认为的?跑起来! |
[11:07] | What the hell? | 搞什么? |
[11:08] | [Dove] You gonna tell me how to coach? | 你要教我怎么当教练? |
[11:10] | Run faster! Get those hooves moving! | 跑快一点!让那些蹄子跑起来! |
[11:12] | – Give me 20 more. – Hey! Lay off her. | -再给我跑20圈 -放过她 |
[11:14] | Hey, De Luca said I should push the team harder, | 嘿 德卢卡说我应该让球队多多训练 |
[11:16] | so I’m just giving a little extra push. Pick up those hooves! | 所以我只是在让她多多训练 蹄子抬起来! |
[11:19] | – [Dove] You wanna join me, lips? – I do wanna join. | -你想过来跑吗 大嘴巴? -我确实想过去 |
[11:22] | Take one more step, I’ll give you 100. | 往前走一步 我罚你跑一百圈 |
[11:24] | A hundred more? I could do 100 more. | 加100圈?我可以再跑100圈 |
[11:25] | Greta, stop. He’s gonna make it worse. | 格丽塔 别说了 他会让惩罚加倍的 |
[11:27] | [Dove] I played in the Bigs. | 我曾在大联盟打球 |
[11:28] | You wanna tell me how to coach a team of ladies in skirts? | 你要教我怎么指导一群穿裙子的女士? |
[11:32] | I didn’t think so. | 料你也不敢 |
[11:36] | [whistle blows] | |
[11:46] | [Lou] Gentlemen, welcome to Rockford Tool and Screw. | 先生们 欢迎来到罗克福德工具和螺丝厂 |
[11:50] | We make the parts that hold America together. | 我们制造的零件将美国团结在一起 |
[11:53] | Some people might say, “Screw screws!” | 有人可能会说 螺丝算个毛啊 |
[11:56] | But what’s a tank without screws? | 但是没有螺丝的坦克算什么? |
[11:59] | Just a pile of metal. | 不过是一堆金属 |
[12:02] | An airplane? Also a pile of metal. | 那飞机呢?也是一堆金属 |
[12:06] | A rifle? A slightly smaller… | 步枪呢?稍微小一点的… 好了 |
[12:09] | All right, we get the point, right? | 我们都明白重点 对吧? |
[12:12] | What now, Karen? | 凯伦 有什么事? |
[12:13] | There’s a problem with one of your recruits. | 你的一个新员工有问题 |
[12:16] | Take off the hat. | 摘下帽子 |
[12:21] | This is “Max” Chapman? | 这是“麦克斯”查普曼? |
[12:23] | Look, I know you were expecting something different. | 我知道你的期待跟这不一样 |
[12:25] | But I promise I will work twice as hard as anyone here. | 但我保证我会努力工作 比这里的任何人努力两倍 |
[12:30] | And I really need this job. | 我真的需要这份工作 |
[12:32] | I got kids. Eight of them! | 我有孩子 有八个! |
[12:34] | – And I gotta feed most of them. – I don’t care. | -他们中的大多数人要靠我来养 -我不在乎 |
[12:36] | Can you lift 50 pounds? Are you willing to get the shit burnt out of your hand? | 你扛得起23公斤的东西吗? 愿意让那玩意儿把你的手烫伤吗? |
[12:39] | Yes! And I… I guess so. | 扛得起!而且我…我想应该愿意 |
[12:41] | – Great. You can stay. – But, Lou. | -很好 你可以留下来 -可是 卢… |
[12:43] | Are you two angling to work with liquid metal now? | 你们两个现在想处理液态金属吗? |
[12:46] | I lost two whole shifts of colored guys | 我流失了整整两班的黑人工人 |
[12:48] | ’cause Uncle Sam realized they can shoot. | 因为美国政府意识到他们会射击 |
[12:50] | We just need bodies. | 我们需要人手 |
[12:51] | Follow me! | 跟我来! |
[12:54] | Guess you were hiring. | 我猜你们需要招人 |
[12:57] | In these uncertain times, | 在这个不确定的时代 |
[13:01] | it feels like | 感觉我们比以往任何时候 |
[13:03] | we need God more than ever. | 都更需要上帝 |
[13:06] | [parishioner] Yes. | 对 |
[13:07] | [whispering] I got the job. | 我得到了那份工作 |
[13:09] | They want me to start right away. | 他们要我马上开始 |
[13:10] | And they want me working nights, so I don’t have to tell momma a thing. | 而且要我上晚班 所以我不必告诉妈妈 |
[13:13] | – What, whilst working days at the salon? – Mm-hmm. | 什么?白天还在美容厅上班? |
[13:16] | Did you turn into Plastic Man when I wasn’t watching? | 你趁我不留意变成了塑料人吗? |
[13:18] | You know I don’t know who that is. | 我不知道塑料人是谁 |
[13:20] | Well, he stretches himself, obviously. | 显然他的身体可以拉伸 |
[13:22] | And, what, you got invisibility power too? | 怎么 你也有隐身的能力吗? |
[13:24] | Because you know Miss Toni’s gonna notice you sneaking out. | 因为你知道你偷偷溜出去 会被托尼女士注意到的 |
[13:26] | – Amen! – [Max] She don’t notice everything. | -阿门! |
[13:28] | [woman] Shh! | -她什么都没有注意到 |
[13:29] | [Max] Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[13:30] | But fine, you got on the team though. | 好吧 |
[13:33] | You actually get to play? | 不过你加入了球队 你真的可以打球吗? |
[13:35] | Yeah, uh… | 是啊… |
[13:37] | Coach just wants to… He’s gonna work with me first till I start my first game. | 教练想…他会先和我一起训练 直到我开始我的第一场比赛 |
[13:40] | Mom will come and see me in all my glory. | 我妈妈会来看到我获得荣誉 |
[13:43] | She’ll understand. | 她会明白的 |
[13:44] | I don’t know, Max. All the lying, sneaking around, | 我不确定 麦克斯 撒谎还有偷偷溜出去 |
[13:47] | it’s gonna get to be too much. | 这会造成太大压力 |
[13:49] | Before you know it, you won’t be able to sleep, you’ll start feeling sick, | 慢慢地 你会无法入睡 觉得不舒服 |
[13:54] | and throwing up. I mean, probably, you know. | 并呕吐 我的意思是大概会这样 |
[13:57] | Aren’t you supposed to be happy for me? | -你不应该为我感到高兴吗? |
[13:58] | – I am! Of course I am. – [woman] Shh! | -我当然高兴 |
[14:01] | Because if our men are gonna risk their lives abroad, | 因为如果我们的男人 要去国外冒生命危险 |
[14:05] | we ain’t letting them come home to Jim Crow. | 我们绝不能让他们 回到种族隔离的美国 |
[14:07] | [parishioners] No. | 不行 |
[14:08] | Y’all been reading The Defender! | 你们都在看《芝加哥捍卫者》吗? |
[14:10] | – We won’t sink down to their hatred. – [parishioners exclaiming] | 但我们不会屈服于他们的仇恨 |
[14:13] | – We will rise up and fight. – [parishioners exclaiming] | 我们将站起来抗争 |
[14:16] | We need a double victory. | 我们需要双重胜利 |
[14:18] | You okay? | -是的 上帝 -你还好吧? |
[14:20] | Yeah. It is hot. It’s hot, right? It’s hot. | 还好 这里很热 对吧 太热了 |
[14:23] | [pastor] Now, I ask you to spare what coin you can, | 现在 我请求你们 为那些即将出发的士兵的家人 |
[14:26] | for the families | 把能拿出来的钱捐出来 |
[14:29] | of our departing men. | |
[14:31] | – Y’all hear me, church? – [parishioners murmuring] | 大家听到我的话了吗? |
[14:33] | Yeah, they’re doing segregated units out there too. Poor bastards. | 是的 他们在战场上 |
[14:37] | [pastor continues speaking] | |
[14:39] | – Oh! Oh, my God! – [all murmuring] | 也按种族编队 可怜的家伙 天啊! |
[14:43] | Lord, she felt the Spirit. | 主啊 她感受到了圣灵 |
[14:45] | No, she saw that basket coming. | 不 她只是看到募捐篮过来了 |
[14:48] | Clance, baby, you okay? | 克兰丝 宝贝 你还好吗? |
[14:50] | What happened? | 发生了什么事? |
[14:51] | Wait, is my mom here? Mama? | 等等 我妈妈在这儿吗?妈妈? |
[14:54] | – [Georgia] Guy moves fast! – A baby already? | -盖伊动作可真快! -已经怀上了? |
[14:56] | Girl… | 姑娘… |
[14:58] | [blues piano music playing] | |
[15:02] | – I fainted, not died. – I hear you. | -我只是晕倒了 |
[15:05] | Mm-hmm. | 没死 -知道了 |
[15:09] | Feel better. | 好好保重 |
[15:10] | [engine starts] | |
[15:13] | Gary. | 加里 |
[15:16] | Hey, Maxine. | 嘿 麦克欣 |
[15:18] | I had fun the other night. | 那天晚上我玩得很开心 |
[15:19] | I was thinking we try Blue Moon next. You like jazz? | 我在想我们下次可以试试蓝月亮 你喜欢爵士乐吗? |
[15:22] | Honestly, no. But it sounds fun. | 老实说 不喜欢 但这听起来很有意思 |
[15:25] | So, I need some advice. | 我需要一点建议 |
[15:27] | You know, now that I got the job, I gotta pitch for Coach soon, so… | 现在我得到了这份工作 我很快就要为教练投球了 |
[15:30] | Baseball all you think about? | -你脑子只想着棒球吗? |
[15:32] | No. | -不是 |
[15:34] | I’m thinking about us. | 我在想着我们 |
[15:36] | I’m thinking about all the time we would get to spend together | 我在想如果我们在同一支球队 |
[15:40] | if we were on the same team. | 我们可以经常在一起 |
[15:45] | Look, Coach only listens to Fowkes, since he came from the Braves. | 听着 教练只听霍克斯的话 因为他来自勇士队 |
[15:49] | You want a real shot, you gotta win him over. | 你想有真正的机会 就必须赢得他的支持 |
[15:51] | – No! No, no, no, no. – He’s still sore about the puffy cheeks thing. | -不行! -他还在为脸颊的事耿耿于怀 |
[15:54] | No, there has to be someone else. Anyone else! | 不行 肯定有其他人的 其他任何人都行! |
[15:57] | What about the catcher? The one with the big ears? | 那个接手呢?大耳朵的那个 |
[15:59] | – He’s gotta have some… – Just Fowkes. | -他总得… -他只听霍克斯的 |
[16:02] | He’s the prime rib. | 他是主心骨 |
[16:04] | Only way to get to him is to go through his ego | 只有满足他的虚荣心 才能获得他的支持 |
[16:07] | and, Lord knows, you ain’t got the stomach for that. | 上帝知道你弯不下这个腰 |
[16:09] | [scoffs] | |
[16:22] | [people chatting indistinctly] | |
[16:28] | [dogs barking] | |
[16:32] | [mechanical whirring] | |
[16:35] | – [Lou] Your father was a welder? – Yep! | -你父亲当过焊工? -是的! |
[16:37] | Taught me everything he knows. | 他教会了我他所知道的关于焊接的 所有知识 |
[16:38] | – Uh-huh? – Most things. Some things. About welding. | 大部分知识 部分知识 |
[16:41] | Fowkes. | 霍克斯 |
[16:47] | You gotta be kidding me. | 你一定是在开玩笑吧 |
[16:49] | You told me you just needed someone with a pulse, so… here. | 你跟我说只要是个活人 就能给你打下手 所以这个来了 |
[16:57] | Afternoon! | 下午好 |
[16:59] | Evening, I mean, sorry, I gotta get used to that. | 我是想说晚上好 不好意思 我得习惯习惯 |
[17:03] | Mr. Fowkes, I wanted to apologize about the other day. | 霍克斯先生 我想为前几天的事道歉 |
[17:06] | The whole cheeks thing. | 鼓脸颊的事 |
[17:08] | The truth is I was intimidated by you. | 事实上 你让我受到了威胁 |
[17:13] | – Really? – Yes. | -真的吗? -是的 |
[17:15] | I just said those things because I was… | -我之所以那么说 |
[17:18] | Jealous? | 是因为我… -嫉妒? |
[17:20] | Uh-huh. Yeah. | 是的 |
[17:21] | Jealous. Of you. Obviously. | 嫉妒你 很明显 |
[17:24] | Because you’re twice… Ten times the player that I am. | 因为你这名球手 比我要好上两倍…十倍 |
[17:28] | Sir. | 前辈 |
[17:31] | All right. Let’s see what you got. | 好的 让我们看看你有什么能耐 |
[17:44] | Keep it level. Don’t dig in. | 保持水平 不要太深了 |
[17:46] | Okay. | 好的 罗克福德晨星 运动新闻 |
[18:03] | [♪ Trevor Duncan: “Fireside Serenade”] | 投球王牌 鸽子波特和他的西班牙好球手 |
[18:14] | [speaking Spanish] Alma… | 阿尔玛… |
[18:16] | That’s my grandmother’s name. | 跟我祖母同名 |
[18:18] | Hey, hey! | 嘿! |
[18:24] | Mind your own business. | 管好你自己的事 |
[18:28] | [speaking English] You in? Vegas rules. Dollar buy-in. | 你赢了 照赌城规矩 下注1美元 |
[18:31] | – [Jess] Double for her. She can afford it. – [Maybelle] Mm-hmm. | 给她加倍 |
[18:35] | [sighs] | |
[18:36] | We’ll do a best in five. | 她付得起 |
[18:39] | [speaking Spanish] I said mind your own business. | 我说了管好你自己的事 太辣了 |
[18:42] | [speaking English] Say something else. Say, um, “I’m a happy lady!” | 说点别的 说:“我是个快乐的淑女!” |
[18:46] | – Okay. Repeat after me. – Yeah. Okay. | -好的 跟着我说 -好的 |
[18:49] | – [speaking Spanish] I am… – I am… | 我是 |
[18:50] | – an… | – an… 一个 |
[18:51] | – idiot. | – idiot. 白痴 |
[18:54] | I am an idiot. | 我是 一个 白痴 |
[18:57] | – Ow! – No. Just forget about Dove, okay? | 不 别管鸽子了 好吗? |
[19:00] | – Oh, so no more pies then? – Yeah. Okay. | -就是不再用馅饼收买他了? -是的 好的 |
[19:03] | No more pies. | 不做馅饼了 |
[19:05] | – Let’s also try not to get kicked out of the league. – Mmm. | 同时我们也要尽力 不被踢出联盟 |
[19:07] | You know, I don’t care if he kicks me out! He can’t do that to her! | 我根本不在乎他把我踢出去! 他不能这样对她! |
[19:10] | Can we please stop… [coughs] | 我们能不能别再… |
[19:12] | Sorry, but I’m choking on it ’cause talk about getting kicked out, | 不好意思 但我噎着了 因为谈被踢出球队 |
[19:14] | I can’t handle it anymore. | 我已经受不了了 |
[19:16] | Okay, hold on a second. All right. | 好吧 稍安勿躁 好的 |
[19:18] | Gehrig used to say that it’s the players that make the manager, | 格里克说过 应该是管理层听球员的 |
[19:22] | not the other way around. We don’t even need Dove. | 而不是反过来 我们甚至不需要鸽子 |
[19:24] | We just need to practice more. | 我们只需要多练习 |
[19:26] | – Shaw, that’s it. – Wait, what does that mean? | -肖 就是这样 -等等 这话什么意思? |
[19:28] | Tonight, [snaps fingers] the Peaches fly! | 今晚 蜜桃飞起来! |
[19:34] | – Or… Not fly. What does a peach do? – [Jo] Leave the fruit basket? | -或者…不能说飞 该怎么形容蜜桃? -逃离水果篮? |
[19:38] | – [Shirley] Fall from the tree. – Finally ripen. | -从树上掉下来 -终于成熟了 |
[19:40] | Finally ripen. Mmm. | 终于成熟了 |
[19:42] | – That’s it. – Eh. | 好了 |
[19:43] | Let’s get our gear. | 我们准备装备吧 |
[19:45] | [♪ George Fromby: “Count Your Blessings and Smile”] | |
[19:47] | [Carson] Should we tell Lupe? | 我们应该告诉露蓓吗? |
[19:48] | God, no. She’s up Dove’s ass. | 天啊 |
[19:51] | Shh. | 不能 她对鸽子忠心耿耿 |
[19:59] | [speaking Spanish] Where are we going? | 我们去哪里? |
[20:00] | [speaking English] Oh, oh! This? | 这个?这是个头盔 |
[20:02] | It’s a helmet. | 你真的应该考虑买一个 |
[20:03] | You should really consider investing in one. | 慢一点 |
[20:05] | [ringing bike bells] | |
[20:11] | Hey. Hey, who’s touching my butt? | 嘿 谁在摸我的屁股? |
[20:14] | – Sorry, it’s me. I just love butts! – Stop! | -不好意思 是我 我喜欢屁股! -住手! |
[20:16] | Guys, we’re here to practice. | 大伙们 我们是来练习的 |
[20:18] | How are we supposed to practice? can’t even see my own face. | 怎么练习?我连自己的脸都看不到 |
[20:20] | You can never see your own face. | 人永远都看不到自己的脸啊 |
[20:21] | Flashlights. | 手电筒 |
[20:22] | [all exclaiming] | |
[20:23] | – Tag! – [yelps] | 鬼! |
[20:25] | Hey, you little horse’s butt! | 嘿 你这小马屁! |
[20:26] | Be careful not to actually fall into this… | 小心不要真的掉进这个… |
[20:28] | Shaw! | 肖! |
[20:29] | – No. Don’t you dare. – Stop it. | -不行 你敢 -住手 |
[20:36] | Oh, my God. | 我的天啊 |
[20:39] | [singing along] ♪ Show them what you can do ♪ | 让他们看看你能做什么 |
[20:42] | ♪ Make a hullabaloo ♪ | 热热闹闹 |
[20:45] | ♪ Tra-la-la-la, la-la, la-la Count your blessings and smile ♪ | 啦啦啦 |
[20:50] | ♪ Oooooh! ♪ | 数着祝福声并微笑 |
[20:53] | [howling] | |
[20:59] | [Greta] And center. And right. | 中间 右边 |
[21:03] | And center. Stretch it out, girls. | 中间 压伸一下 姑娘们 |
[21:16] | – Nice. – Yes! Way to go, Esti. That’s the way! | -很好 -好!加油 艾丝蒂 就是那样! |
[21:19] | Good job. | 干得好 |
[21:21] | [speaking Spanish] The other one. | 手背 |
[21:22] | And now the elbow. | 现在碰手肘 |
[21:23] | That’s it! | 就是这样! |
[21:29] | Hey, uh, I can finish that up for you. | 嘿 我可以替你把那个做完 |
[21:31] | You should rest your arm for the big game. | 你该让手臂休息一下 为大赛做准备 |
[21:33] | Happy to help. Whenever I can. | 我很乐意帮忙 只要是我能做的 |
[21:51] | [sighs] | |
[21:53] | [knock on door] | |
[21:54] | [Toni] Maxine? Promptness is a virtue. | -麦克欣?动作麻利是一种美德 |
[21:57] | Okay. Uh, I’ll be right out. | -好的 我马上出来 |
[22:05] | – Ugh. – [Jo] Okay, that’s all right. That’s all right. Shirl, | 好的 没关系 小雪 |
[22:07] | – swing like a French hooker at high tide. – Mm-hmm. | 像高潮时的法国妓女一样摇摆 |
[22:10] | See, I don’t know any… I don’t understand that reference, so… | 我不明白这句话 |
[22:12] | Lead with your hips, and your hands will follow. | 从髋部发力 你的手自然会跟上的 |
[22:15] | – That’s what I said. – I… | 我就是这个意思 |
[22:16] | [Carson] Take your time. | 慢慢来 |
[22:20] | That’s the way! That’s the way, Shirl! | 就是那样!小雪! |
[22:25] | The seams are looking good, Chapman. | 接缝看起来不错 查普曼 |
[22:27] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[22:28] | Say, did you know that Bette Davis’ real name is Ruth? | 话说你知道贝蒂戴维斯的真名是露丝吗? |
[22:32] | Ha! That’s crazy. | 难以置信 |
[22:34] | Yeah. Crazy. | 是的 难以置信 |
[22:39] | [Carson] Home! | 本垒! |
[22:43] | Gotcha! | 接住了! |
[22:45] | Even if you back pedal? | 你会倒着踩吗? |
[22:48] | [all laughing] | |
[22:53] | Wait for it. Wait for it. | 等着 |
[22:55] | Ho-ho! Oh, boy. | 天啊 |
[22:57] | – How are you doing this? – Practice. | -你是怎么做到的? |
[22:59] | ♪ Oh, Canada! ♪ | -熟能生巧 |
[23:02] | ♪ La, la, la She can pee ♪♪ | 从生理结构来看 |
[23:04] | I don’t understand from a structural point of view. | 我不能理解 |
[23:08] | – Are you guys seeing this right now? – [Maybelle] I am so jealous! | -你看到这个了吗? -我好嫉妒! |
[23:11] | – [Shirley] How could you? ‘Cause if it goes… – [Maybelle] Oh, my God! | -你怎么能?因为如果它… -我的天啊! |
[23:13] | – [Shirley] If you were to… – [Maybelle] Jess, can you teach me? | -因为如果你要… -洁丝 你能教我吗? |
[23:15] | That one kinda looks like a rooster, right? | 那个看起来有点像公鸡 对吧? |
[23:17] | Those two stars there are the little neck thing, whatever it’s called. | 那两颗星是脖子上的那个东西 不知道那叫什么 |
[23:21] | You would know. | 你应该知道的 |
[23:23] | All right. For the last time, I am not from a farm, okay? | 好吧 最后再说一次 我不是农场来的 好吗? |
[23:26] | – Idaho has actual towns. – Oh! | 爱达荷州真的有城镇 |
[23:33] | – It’s a wattle. – [laughs] | 那叫“肉垂” |
[23:38] | You knew. You knew. | 你知道 你果然知道 |
[23:43] | My mom used to make up constellations. | 我妈妈以前会按自己的想法 把星星连起来组成星座 |
[23:45] | – Oh, yeah? – Yeah. | -是吗? -是的 |
[23:48] | She said that what you see in the stars says a lot about who you are as a person. | 她说 |
[23:52] | Hmm. | 你想象出来的星座 能揭示你这个人的性格 |
[23:58] | That one kinda looks like a clam holding a machine gun. | 那个有点像蛤蜊拿着机关枪 |
[24:02] | [laughs] Okay. What would she say that that says about you? | 好的 她会觉得 那能说明你的什么性格? |
[24:09] | I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[24:11] | She left when I was ten. | 我十岁的时候她离开了 |
[24:15] | Completely broke my dad. That’s exactly what I’m doing to Charlie. | 伤透了我爸爸的心 这正是我对查理所做的 |
[24:20] | Just because you’re married doesn’t mean you can’t have a dream. | 你结婚了并不意味着你不能有梦想 |
[24:23] | You don’t get it. I’m so much like her. | 是的 不明白 我太像她了 |
[24:28] | I’m selfish. | 我很自私 |
[24:29] | The stars can’t tell you that you’re selfish. | 你眼中的星座不能说明你很自私 |
[24:33] | You’re actually just really… | 你其实只是真的… |
[24:37] | Shellfish. | 芝士 |
[24:39] | [both laughing] | |
[24:42] | – No. You’re right. – Uh-huh. | -不 你说得对 -我知道 |
[24:44] | I have to face facts. | 我…我必须面对现实 |
[24:46] | That you’re just plain old… | -你不过是平凡普通的芝士 |
[24:48] | [both] Shellfish. | -芝士 |
[24:50] | I know, it’s terrible. You have… | 我知道这很糟糕 你有… |
[24:52] | – [Jo] Hot dog time! – Oh, my God! | -热狗时间! -天啊! |
[24:53] | – Hot dog’s here. Joey’s the sausage. – Joey, you scared me! | -热狗来了 乔伊是香肠 -乔伊 你吓到我了! |
[24:57] | This is cozy. | 真舒服 |
[25:00] | [announcer] Top of the sixth, and it’s still tied up at two-two. | 来到了第六局的上半局 依然是2比2平手 |
[25:02] | Two outs and a runner on second, the Belles are looking to take the lead. | 两个出局 一个跑垒者在二垒 贝儿队正在寻求机会领先 |
[25:30] | Full count. Dove Porter’s patented forkball not quite clicking with the Striker. | 满球数 波特的专利指叉球 在好球手的手中发挥不出威力 |
[25:34] | Can she get them out of this and get that elusive first win? | 她能否让她们摆脱困境 并拿下遥不可及的第一场胜利呢? |
[25:55] | Come on, girl. You got this. [yells out] Burn it! | 姑娘 加油 你可以的 用尽全力! |
[26:01] | [crowd exclaims] | |
[26:02] | [Jess] Come on, Shirley. | 加油 雪莉 |
[26:05] | Home! Come on! | 本垒!快! |
[26:08] | She’s out! | 出局! |
[26:09] | – [announcer] What a throw! – Yes! | -扔得真棒! -好 |
[26:10] | And the Peaches stay alive another inning. | 蜜桃队进入下一局 |
[26:13] | Oh, yeah! | 好! |
[26:14] | – Nice catch! – Nice. You saw that? | -接得好 -不错 你看到了吗? |
[26:17] | We did it! Just like we practiced! | 我们做到了! 就像我们练习的一样! |
[26:24] | [Carson] Uh, hey, Coach? | 嘿 教练? |
[26:26] | I think they’re onto the forkball, and it’s just not dropping. | 我认为她们对指叉球有所防备 根本不起作用 |
[26:29] | I think we need to switch it up. | 我认为我们需要改变策略 |
[26:31] | I’m fine! You’re just getting in my head. | 我很好!你在扰乱我 |
[26:33] | – I am? – Hey, hey, we’re all friends here, okay? | -是吗? -嘿 我们是队友 好吗? |
[26:36] | I told you. It starts just like a fastball. | 我告诉过你的 开始的动作像快球 |
[26:38] | Then the ball’s gonna slip from your fingers when you snap your wrist. | 然后当你甩手腕时 球就会从你的手指滑落 |
[26:41] | Right? It’s like a hinge. Work with me here. | 好吗?就像一个铰链 在这里跟我一起练 |
[26:45] | Bottom of the ninth. Two on, two out. | 第九局的下半局 两个球员上场 两个出局 |
[26:47] | And the Peaches pin their hopes on… Cohen. Really? | 蜜桃队把希望寄托在… 科恩身上 真的吗? |
[26:51] | You should tell him to pinch-hit Ana. | 你应该告诉他换安娜上场代打 |
[26:53] | ‘Cause I had a sandwich earlier, and it turned. | 因为我早先吃了一个变质的三明治 |
[26:55] | Shirley, you had a peanut butter sandwich. It’s fine. You got this. | 你吃的是花生酱三明治 没关系的 你可以的 |
[26:57] | – You’re okay. – It turned though. | -我现在要吐了 |
[26:58] | It… Peanut butter does not turn. You’re good. | -花生酱不会变质 |
[27:00] | Listen, just do it like we did in practice, okay? | 听着 照我们的练习去做 好吗? |
[27:02] | Like… [whispers] a French hooker. | 就像…法国妓女一样 |
[27:04] | – French hooker. – [Carson] Here we go! | -法国妓女 -加油! |
[27:06] | You got this. Come on! | 你可以的 加油! |
[27:08] | You got it! | 你可以的! |
[27:09] | [crowd cheering] | |
[27:16] | [crowd quietens] | |
[27:32] | [crowd cheers] | |
[27:37] | [player] Shirley! | 雪莉! |
[27:39] | Shirley, run! | 雪莉 快跑!快! |
[27:48] | – Safe! – The Peaches win! The Peaches win! | 快! 安全上垒! 蜜桃队赢了! |
[27:52] | They pulled Garcia out of that fox hole. | 她们把加西亚从球员休息区拉了出来 |
[27:54] | Dove Porter found some magic today. | 鸽子波特今天施展了魔术 |
[27:56] | I’m a great coach. | 我是个伟大的教练 |
[28:01] | Shirley! Shirley! Shirley! | 雪莉! |
[28:05] | [all cheering] | 不 真的 |
[28:06] | No, thank you. It really was all of us. It was me physically, my body, | 不 谢谢大家 其实是我们大家的功劳 |
[28:10] | but it was the support system that I had. | 只不过在场上的是我 我的身体 但是要归功于你们对我的支持 |
[28:12] | [chuckles] | |
[28:13] | Good job, friend. | 干得好 朋友 |
[28:15] | – Cheers! | – Cheers! -干杯! |
[28:17] | [players continue to chatter] | |
[28:22] | How did you do that? | -干杯! 敬雪莉! -敬雪莉! -你是怎么弄的? |
[28:23] | [all cheering] | |
[28:25] | No, it’s a throw. It’s a throw. | 不 太令人激动了 |
[28:27] | – Unlike any other. – Oh, man. | -不像其他任何… -天哪 |
[28:29] | – Oh, my… – [Greta laughs] | 我的… |
[28:31] | – This is my favorite one. – Here you go. | -这是我最喜欢的裙子 -给 |
[28:34] | – Oh, no. – Aw. | 不好了!我必须… |
[28:35] | I need to like… My dress needs to slow down. | 我的裙子需要慢下来 |
[28:38] | Yikes. Thank you. | 糟糕 谢谢你 |
[28:44] | Friends can mean a lot of different things. | 朋友的定义有很多种 |
[28:50] | – Stop it. I’m not like you. Stop. – What? | -别这样 我跟你不一样 别 -什么? |
[28:54] | I’m normal. Stop. | 我很正常 别这样 |
[28:59] | Or maybe you’re just an asshole. | 或者也许你只是个混蛋 |
[29:02] | Greta… | 格丽塔… |
[29:11] | Chapman! Chapman! | 查普曼! |
[29:19] | Congrats. You’re on days starting tomorrow. | 恭喜 从明天开始你上白班 |
[29:22] | – Wait, what? – It’s a good thing. | -等等 什么? -这是好事 |
[29:23] | We got another batch of P-51 Mustangs coming in, | 我们有一批P51野马进来了 |
[29:26] | and Fowkes wants you with him. | 霍克斯想要你和他上同一班 |
[29:27] | [stammering] No. I’m more of a night owl. | 不 我是个夜猫子 |
[29:29] | You’re gonna have to be a day owl. That’s a thing, right? | 现在你得当白天的夜猫子了 |
[29:32] | – Huh? – [Max laughs nervously] | 有这种说法吧? |
[29:37] | Oh, no. | 不好了 |
[29:43] | Okay. Okay. | 好吧 |
[29:44] | [Guy] We talk about everything. Usually. | 通常我们无话不谈 |
[29:46] | Well, it’s like she’s keeping secrets from me now. | 现在感觉她有事瞒着我 |
[29:49] | I just don’t understand. | 我真不明白 |
[29:51] | Hey, uh, is Mama around? I wanna talk to her about something. | 嘿 妈妈在吗?我有事想跟她谈 |
[29:55] | At the market. You okay? | 她在市场 你还好吗? |
[29:57] | Yeah. | 还好 |
[29:59] | Wait, what are you two talking about? | 等等 你们两个刚才在说什么? |
[30:01] | Uh, dogs. | -小狗 |
[30:02] | – Wrench handles. – [Guy] Yeah. | 对 |
[30:03] | Huh. | -扳手手柄 |
[30:09] | I don’t think Clance wanted to tell me ’cause she’s scared I’ll be a bad father. | 我认为克兰丝不想告诉我 因为她担心我不是个称职的父亲 |
[30:12] | Hell, I’m scared, too. | 天哪 我也担心 |
[30:15] | What should I do? | 我该怎么办? |
[30:22] | When Toni was pregnant, her daddy sat me down with an egg | 托尼怀孕的时候 她爸爸拿着一颗鸡蛋让我坐下 |
[30:26] | and he said, “Son, this represents the most precious thing in the world.” | 他说:“孩子 这个代表着世界上最珍贵的东西” |
[30:31] | – Breakfast? – No, not breakfast. | -早餐? -不 不是早餐 |
[30:34] | A new life. | 一个新生命 |
[30:36] | And if you can care for it and keep it from breaking, well, | 如果你能照顾它并让它不破裂 |
[30:40] | then you’ll know you’re ready to be a good father. | 那么你就知道 你已经准备好当一个好父亲了 |
[30:43] | For how long? | 要保护它多久? |
[30:46] | As long as it takes. | 不管要多久 |
[30:52] | [sighs] | |
[30:58] | – Oh, hey, Guy! Oh! – Hey! Oh, uh… | -嘿 盖伊! -嘿! |
[31:00] | Hey, hey, Miss Toni. Um… | 嘿 托尼女士 |
[31:02] | – Okay. – All right, Mr. Edgar! I’ll see you. | 好了 埃德加先生!我们再见 |
[31:04] | – Keep an eye on that. – I will, I promise. | -看好那个 -我会的 我保证 |
[31:06] | [kisses] | |
[31:10] | Not the egg again. | 又用鸡蛋那一套来忽悠人 -拜托 |
[31:11] | – [laughs] Come on, let me have my fun. – Oh, Lord. That boy is nervous. | 就让我开心一下嘛 -天啊 那孩子很紧张 |
[31:15] | – Did you see the look in his eyes? – I did. | -你看到他的眼神了吗? -看到了 |
[31:17] | – [both laughing] – Oh, hey, baby. | 嗨 宝贝 |
[31:19] | Hey, Mama. You got a minute? I want to talk to you about something. | 嘿 妈妈 你有时间吗? 我想和你聊点事 |
[31:23] | I do. You wanna walk with me to the salon? | 有时间 你想陪我走去美容厅吗? |
[31:26] | – Yeah. – Okay. | -好的 -好 |
[31:29] | You know how you always used to say, “To whom much is given… | 你总是说:“获得越多的人 |
[31:32] | – [both] “Much is expected.” – Mm-hmm. | -“肩负的期望也越多” -“肩负的期望也越多” |
[31:34] | Right, um… | 对 |
[31:36] | And you and Daddy have given me so much. Which I appreciate, deeply. | 你和爸爸给了我很多 我很感激 非常感激 |
[31:41] | I know that, Maxine. | 我知道 麦克欣 |
[31:42] | And I want to live up to those expectations. | 我希望能不辜负你们的期望 |
[31:44] | I know you do, Maxine. | 我知道你的想法 麦克欣 |
[31:49] | [Toni] I see how hard you’ve been working. | 我看到你一直在努力工作 |
[31:51] | You’re taking the business seriously | 麦克欣与托尼 查普曼美容厅 |
[31:53] | and I wanted to show you | 你很认真对待我们的生意 我想让你看到 |
[31:55] | that I’m taking you seriously, too. | 我也在认真对待你 |
[31:57] | Uh… | |
[32:02] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道该说些什么 |
[32:05] | We’re the first Black-owned business in Rockford with one. | 我们是罗克福德 第一家黑人开的有招牌的企业 |
[32:08] | They’ll probably put us in the paper. | 他们可能会在报纸上报道我们的事 |
[32:11] | They better, with how much the damn thing cost. | 这该死的招牌花了很多钱 他们最好要报道 |
[32:14] | Looks so modern, don’t it? | 看起来很现代 不是吗? |
[32:17] | It’s beautiful, Mama. | 很美 妈妈 麦克欣与托尼 查普曼美容厅 |
[32:22] | [announcer on radio] …could not watch a fast pitch | …接不住一个快速投球 |
[32:25] | The arm goes up for the next one. | 手臂举起来 |
[32:28] | And ball three. | 准备投下一个球 五、四、三 |
[32:30] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[32:32] | I saw the sign. Looks like you’re a big deal now. | 我看到招牌了 看来你现在是大人物了 |
[32:38] | She just ambushed me with that thing! | 她突然带我来看那个招牌! |
[32:39] | I was gonna tell her about the factory. | 我本来打算告诉她工厂的事的 |
[32:41] | I had a speech and everything, and then she just… | 我打好了腹稿 然后她… |
[32:44] | I need you to do it. | 我需要你去替我说 |
[32:45] | – Do what? – Tell her that I need to quit the salon. | -说什么? -告诉她我要辞掉美容厅的工作 |
[32:48] | Just tell her that your husband needs me to work at his church or… | 告诉她你丈夫需要我去教堂工作 |
[32:50] | No, no, no, wait! | 或者…不 等等! |
[32:51] | Tell her that I burned off a piece of your hair | 告诉她我烧掉了你部分头发 |
[32:53] | because she will fire me for that. | 因为她会把我炒掉… |
[32:54] | Have you lost your mind? | 你疯了吗? |
[32:56] | I can’t go rifling around in your business. | 我不能搅和你的事 |
[32:58] | People’ll start talking. | 别人会有闲话的 |
[32:59] | [sighs] Keep your mess to yourself. I got my own life to worry about. | 你的烂摊子你自己处理 我有自己的生活要操心 |
[33:03] | You call that a life? [scoffs] | 你把这叫做人生? |
[33:06] | Hanging on some man’s arm while you sneak around behind his back. | 依赖某个男人的同时 又在他背后偷偷摸摸的 |
[33:10] | [huffs] | |
[33:12] | At least I’m honest with myself. | 至少我对自己诚实 |
[33:14] | You don’t get to judge me, Max. | 你没有资格评判我 麦克斯 |
[33:16] | God might, but not you. | 上帝也许有资格 但你没有 |
[33:21] | Good luck with the salon. | 祝你能开好美容厅 |
[33:23] | [door opens and closes] | |
[33:29] | [classical piano music playing] | |
[33:34] | – [Maybelle] Well, give us a spin! – [Greta] Who, me? | -转一圈让我们看看! -谁 我吗? |
[33:36] | – Yeah! – Ooh! | 是啊! |
[33:38] | [all laughing] | |
[33:39] | You look like Vivien Leigh. | 你看起来像费雯丽 |
[33:41] | No, more like Paulette Goddard. | 不 |
[33:43] | Va-va-voom! | 更像宝莲高黛 |
[33:44] | Cut it out, you scamp! | 少逗我了 你这坏家伙! |
[33:48] | Miss Gill. As of about two hours ago, I’m now indisposed… | 吉尔小姐 大约两个小时前 我现在身体不适… |
[33:55] | [clears throat] | |
[33:58] | Menstrually. | 来月经了 |
[34:00] | So I may need to postpone your date unless I can find a suitable replacement. | 所以我可能需要推迟你的约会 除非能找到合适的人代替我 |
[34:05] | Not a problem. I’ll go. | 不成问题 我可以去 |
[34:07] | No, no, you’ll just crack me up. | 不行 你只会让我捧腹大笑 |
[34:10] | Carson’ll go. | 卡森去吧 |
[34:12] | – Me? – Yeah. | -我? -是的 |
[34:14] | Yeah. It’ll be fun. You’re married, and | 肯定会很有意思的 你已经结婚了 |
[34:16] | that’s what friends are for, right? | 朋友就该互相支持 对吧? |
[34:19] | Very well. Take Shirley with you, also. | 很好 把雪莉也带上吧 |
[34:21] | Safety in numbers, | 人多更安全 |
[34:23] | and she’ll be sure to keep the date appropriately non-sexual. | 她一定会适当地 让这次约会不涉及到性爱 |
[34:29] | It would be a profound honor. | 这会是我极大的荣誉 |
[34:31] | Great! | 太好了! |
[34:33] | – Uh… – It’s okay. | |
[34:33] | [both laughing] | |
[34:36] | Go ahead. You can tug it. | 动手吧 你可以扯 |
[34:37] | [grunts, laughs] | |
[34:38] | You see? People think it’s a toupee. | 你看吧 人们以为这是假发 |
[34:41] | But, no, it’s just always been naturally this thick ever since I was a baby. | 但并不是 我从小 头发就一直这么厚 这是天生的 |
[34:45] | I can tell it’s real. It’s beautiful. | 我看得出来是真的 |
[34:46] | Oh, I would love to see a baby with a head of hair like that. | 我很想看到一个 |
[34:49] | – Oh. – Mmm. | 长着你这样头发的宝宝 |
[34:50] | [both laughing] | |
[34:53] | So, tell me, Vernon, what brought you to Beyer Field? | 告诉我 弗农 是什么把你吸引到了拜尔球场? |
[34:56] | Oh, wait, let me guess, the short skirts? | 等等 让我猜猜 是短裙吗? |
[35:00] | The game! I mean, | 是你们的比赛! |
[35:02] | you ladies play with more heart than any guy I’ve ever seen. | 你们这些女士 比我见过的任何男人都更用心打球 |
[35:07] | And that win? | 而且那场胜利?太惊人了! |
[35:08] | – [Greta] Mmm. – Amazing. | 不过 |
[35:09] | – Mm-hmm. – But I must say, the skirts don’t hurt. | 我必须说 |
[35:14] | Ooh. [chuckles] | 短裙是锦上添花 |
[35:16] | Well, the skirts do hurt though. | 但是那些短裙穿着不舒服 |
[35:18] | You should see my thigh. It’s like ground chuck. | 你应该看看我的大腿 像绞肉一样 |
[35:22] | – I’m sorry, I’m not supposed to talk… – No. | 对不起 我不该说话的… |
[35:24] | That’s all right. Thank you for sharing. | -没关系 谢谢你的分享 |
[35:25] | Got excited. Went over the line. | -我太激动了 失了分寸 |
[35:27] | I just wish I hadn’t ordered the burger though! | 我现在只希望我没有点汉堡! |
[35:29] | Oh! The burger! | 汉堡! |
[35:31] | [both laughing] | |
[35:34] | It’s so nice to have a good sense of humor. I miss that. | 有幽默感真是太好了 真让我怀念 |
[35:39] | You know what? Shirl, why don’t we go hang in the bar | 小雪 |
[35:42] | and leave these two lovebirds alone? | 我们去酒吧待着 别妨碍这对小情侣 |
[35:43] | Oh, but shoot! Carson, rules are rules, right? | 但是可惜啊 卡森 规定就是规定 对吧? |
[35:46] | And, unfortunately, we got those rules. You gotta stay, so… | 不幸的是 我们有这些规定 |
[35:50] | Maybe you guys should just sit here and try to be… normal. | 你们必须留下 也许你们应该坐在这里 试着表现得正常一点 |
[35:56] | [Vernon] Never been on a date with three women before, so it’s an experience. | 我从来没有跟三个女人约会过 所以这是独特的体验 |
[35:59] | [Greta chuckles] | |
[36:00] | [clears throat] | |
[36:03] | I would like to stay. | 我想留下来 |
[36:05] | Mmm. So, Vernon, what do you do when you’re not watching me play? | 弗农 你不看我比赛的时候会做什么? |
[36:11] | Well, I’m sure he does a lot of things because | 我敢肯定他有很多事要做 |
[36:14] | the world does not revolve around you. | 因为这个世界 并不是围绕着你转的 |
[36:16] | I’m so excited to find out from him, though. | 不过 |
[36:19] | Uh, I’m a veterinarian, actually. | 我很期待能听他自己说 |
[36:21] | Hold on. | -实际上我是一名兽医 -等等 |
[36:23] | You look like this and you’re a doctor? | 你长这么帅 居然还是医生? |
[36:25] | – Yeah. It’s true. – Hubba, hubba, hubba. Lucky me. | -是的 这是真的 -哇塞 我真幸运 |
[36:29] | Doctor is being used pretty loosely right now. | “医生”这个称呼现在用得 |
[36:32] | More like hamster doctor. | 非常广泛 说他是仓鼠医生还差不多 |
[36:33] | Whoever comes into the clinic, I’ll treat them. | 只要进我诊所的 我都会治 |
[36:35] | – Whoever? – So, hamsters… | 所以 仓鼠… |
[36:37] | – And if a person comes in? – Well, I’m not gonna treat a human. | -如果进来的是人呢? -好吧 我不接诊人类 |
[36:40] | What do you think a veterinarian is? | -你认为兽医是干什么的? |
[36:41] | Very different level of doctor. | -完全是另一个级别的医生 |
[36:44] | – I have a diploma on the wall. – [Greta] That’s right. [laughs] | -我在墙上贴了一张文凭 -没错 |
[36:47] | I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone like you, you know that? | 我想我从来没有见过 像你这样的人 你知道吗? |
[36:51] | [Vernon exhales] | |
[36:52] | – [Vernon] Really? – [Greta] Mm-hmm. | 真的吗? |
[36:54] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[36:57] | You know, I just remembered, I have been on a date with three women before. | 我刚记起来 我曾经和三个女人一起赴过约 |
[37:01] | It was myself, my mother, my Aunt Fanny, and, uh, Mosha Frankell. | 我、我妈、我范妮姨妈 和莫莎弗兰克尔约会 |
[37:05] | Did not go well. He got very angry, very agitated. | 约会不顺利 他后来很生气 很激动 |
[37:08] | – I’m gonna actually slip by you, okay? – Oh. | 我要从你这里出去 好吗?是的 |
[37:12] | [muffled music playing] | |
[37:15] | You were the one who said you wanted to just be friends. | 是你说只想当普通朋友的 |
[37:18] | This is your fault. You kissed me. You did this to me. | 这是你的错 你吻了我 你把我弄成了这样 |
[37:22] | I was fine before I met you. | 遇见你之前我好得很 |
[37:23] | You were not fine and you know it. | 你并不好 而且你心知肚明 |
[37:26] | What do you want from me? What? | 你想从我这里得到什么?什么? |
[37:28] | Do you want me to say that I’m jealous? That I have feelings for you? Fine. I do. | 你想让我说我嫉妒吗? 我对你有感觉?行 我确实有感觉 |
[37:32] | – Finally. – But I have a life, I have a husband. | -终于说出来了 -但我有自己的生活 我有丈夫 |
[37:34] | I can’t just burn it down. I meant what I said, I’m not like you, Greta. | 我不能把它毁掉 我是认真的 我跟你不一样 格丽塔 |
[37:48] | Yeah, I guess you’re not. | 对 |
[37:51] | [door opens and closes] | |
[37:57] | – [all laughing] – It gets me every time. | 我猜你跟我是不一样 每次都让我发笑 |
[37:59] | Stop the car with the brake, boy. And make you proud. | 可口可乐配爆米花 可口可乐和米老鼠! |
[38:05] | [speaking Spanish] Look, no more! | 听着 别再说了! |
[38:08] | You can’t even order off a menu. Since when do you joke? | 你甚至都不会点菜 你什么时候开始会开玩笑的? |
[38:11] | Well, I’m funny, you know? | 我很幽默的 你知道吗? |
[38:14] | If only you bothered to take a second to talk to me, | 要是你愿意花点时间 跟我聊聊 |
[38:17] | you would have realized it. | 你就会意识到的 |
[38:20] | Do you know what I do know? | 你知道我知道什么吗? |
[38:21] | That, for a week, every time I wake up, you are not in your bed. | 每次我醒来的时候 你都不在床上 已经有一个星期了 |
[38:27] | [speaking English] I mean, imagine if we knew what she was saying half the time. | 我的意思是…想象一下 如果我们有一半时间都知道她在说什么 |
[38:31] | [speaking Spanish] What’s going on? | 你们在搞些什么? |
[38:34] | Wait, I’ll explain it to you… | 等等 我给你解释一下… |
[38:36] | Come on, come on. | 快点说 |
[38:38] | [Shirley] Oh, Carson, I’m really overwhelmed. Really overwhelmed. | 卡森 我真的不知所措 |
[38:41] | You do realize I was left alone unsupervised with Vernon | 你知道你们当时抛下了我一个人 跟弗农待了 |
[38:44] | for easily 11 minutes. | 起码有11分钟 |
[38:46] | And there was transmission, and there was energy, | 我们之间发生了传输 |
[38:48] | and there was eye contact, and I was alone. | 有能量和眼神交流 而且只有我一个人 |
[38:50] | – There was transmission? – Yes. | -发生了传输? -是的 |
[38:52] | – What does that mean? – It’s ambiguous. | -这话是什么意思? -模棱两可的意思 |
[38:54] | I’m dwelling in the ambiguity right now and I’m wound up. | 我现在正处于模棱两可的状态中 |
[38:57] | – Okay. – Carson. | 我很紧张 |
[38:58] | [speaking Spanish] Come with me. | 跟我来 |
[38:59] | [Shirley, in English] When you’re alone with a man like that | 当你那样跟男人单独在一起 |
[39:01] | and there’s sustained eye contact, | 并且有持续的眼神交流时 |
[39:03] | that is initiation. And I really wish you wouldn’t leave me alone. | 那就是开始 我真希望 你不会扔下我一个人 |
[39:17] | [speaking Spanish] Fucking traitor. | 该死的叛徒 |
[39:19] | What the hell were you thinking, telling her? | 你为什么要告诉她? |
[39:21] | I was only trying to help. Your arm is messed up. | 我只是想帮忙 你的胳膊受伤了 |
[39:22] | Is that right? Thank you very much. | 是吗?真得感谢你啊 |
[39:31] | [scoffs] | |
[39:33] | [speaking English] Well, now you know my secret. | 现在你知道我的秘密了 |
[39:37] | I know yours. | 我也知道你们的 |
[39:40] | Um… | |
[39:42] | I know about the practices. | 我知道你们在暗中训练 |
[39:44] | Hey, so jealous you had to go behind my back? | 嘿 你们太嫉妒了 不得不瞒着我 偷偷练习? |
[39:47] | – Okay, we’re going behind Dove’s back. Not yours. – Wow. Mm-hmm. | 好吧 我们是要瞒着鸽子 不是要瞒着你 |
[39:52] | It’s not like any of us can talk to you about anything. | 我们都不能跟你谈这些事 |
[39:54] | He’s the only person you listen to. | 你就只听他一个人的 |
[39:55] | Yeah, because Dove actually cares about me. | 是的 鸽子真的关心我 |
[39:57] | Yeah, it really looks like he does. | 是的 他看起来确实关心你 |
[39:59] | You’re never gonna make it through the season pitching like this. | 你那样投球 肯定撑不过这个赛季 |
[40:01] | Okay, Carson, leave me alone, okay? I’m gettin’ ahead of it. | 别烦我 好吗?我已经克服了 |
[40:04] | Ask Dove to rest you. Just for a little. | 请鸽子让你休息一下 短时间休息 |
[40:06] | – Clearly, you’re hiding and this injury… – You know what I can see? | -你显然在隐瞒你的伤势… -你知道我能看到什么吗? |
[40:09] | All you guys missing every time I come down for breakfast. | 每次我下来吃早餐时 你们都不在 |
[40:14] | Don’t act like you care now. | 不要装得好像你现在关心我了 我们需要你 |
[40:16] | [sighs] We need you. Just, for us, ask him to rest you. | 为了我们 请他让你休息吧 |
[40:23] | I’ll think about it. | 我会考虑的 |
[40:25] | Good. | 好的 |
[40:28] | Is that it? | 就这事? |
[40:30] | Yeah, that’s it. | 对 就这事 |
[40:32] | – Great. | – Great. -好 -好 |
[40:39] | Fuck. | 该死的 |
[40:42] | [announcer] Welcome back, fans. | 欢迎回来 球迷们 |
[40:43] | Let’s see if the Peaches can continue their momentum from their first victory | 让我们看看蜜桃队能否 在跟拉辛贝儿队的系列对抗赛中 |
[40:48] | in this series against the Racine Belles. | 延续首场胜利的势头 |
[40:52] | Wait. What’re you doing? | 等等 你在做什么? |
[40:54] | Dove told me I was starting. He says you need to rest. | 鸽子告诉我由我首发 他说你需要休息 |
[41:03] | Don’t ever go behind my back. | 再也别背着我干坏事了 |
[41:16] | [pastor] Let us give thanks to God | 让我们感谢上帝 |
[41:18] | for a miraculous week of love and compassion. | 给我们充满爱与恻隐之心的神奇一周 |
[41:23] | [applause] | |
[41:24] | [pastor chuckling] | |
[41:31] | – Why aren’t you ushering? – You’ll see. | -你为什么不引座? -你等会儿就知道了 |
[41:34] | I would like ask one of my flock to give testimony. | 我想请我们当中的一位 上来作见证 |
[41:38] | Miss Toni, why don’t you come on up and testify for us. | 托尼女士 请你上来为我们作见证 |
[41:42] | [applause] | |
[41:44] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[41:51] | Thank you, Pastor, and thanks to God for his grace. | 谢谢你 牧师 感谢上帝的恩典 |
[41:54] | Amen! | 阿门! |
[41:56] | Although sometimes I don’t feel like I deserve all of it. | 虽然有时我觉得我不值得这一切 |
[41:59] | You see, I’m a little stubborn. [chuckles] | 大家知道我有点固执 |
[42:01] | [laughter] | |
[42:03] | [Toni] But God has helped me. | 但是上帝帮助了我 |
[42:05] | Didn’t want to be weighed down with no husband, but… | 我不想因为没有老公而烦心 幸好… |
[42:10] | God brought me a fine-looking man who loves me. | 上帝给我带来了一个爱我的帅哥 |
[42:16] | [Toni chuckles] | |
[42:17] | And no one thought that I could own my own business. | 没有人想到我可以拥有自己的企业 |
[42:21] | But God did. | 但上帝想到了 |
[42:22] | Mm-hmm. Wouldn’t quit until I opened my own salon. | 在我开自己的美容厅之前 我一直不愿放弃 |
[42:27] | Every day, he pushed me on my path. | 每天他都推着我往我的道路前进 |
[42:31] | He guided me towards my own journey. | 他引导我走向属于我自己的旅程 |
[42:35] | My own purpose. As I’m sure he has done for all of us. Amen. | 我自己的人生目标 我相信他是这么对待我们所有人的 阿门 |
[42:39] | – Amen! – [Toni] All right! All right. | -阿门! -好了! |
[42:41] | [gospel song playing] | |
[42:46] | [max sobbing] | |
[42:59] | What’s wrong, baby? | 怎么了 宝贝? |
[43:01] | Honey. Oh! | 亲爱的 |
[43:02] | [Max sobs] | |
[43:07] | I got a job. | -我找到了一份工作 |
[43:09] | What’d you say? | -你说什么? |
[43:14] | I got a job at the screw factory. | 我在螺丝厂找到了一份工作 |
[43:20] | It was the only way that I could get on the team. | 我只有通过这个办法 才能加入球队 |
[43:23] | The only way that they would let me play. | 只有这样他们才让我打球 |
[43:26] | Mm-hmm? | |
[43:27] | He’s pushing me, Mama. | 他在推着我前进 妈妈 |
[43:30] | God is pushing me, just like you. | 上帝在推着我前进 就像你一样 |
[43:34] | I have a gift. | 我有天赋 |
[43:38] | Why would he give me this gift if it wasn’t my path? | 如果这不是我的道路 他为什么会给我这个天赋? |
[43:58] | [Max sobbing] | |
[44:08] | – [Guy] Home, sweet home. – [Clance] Thank you, baby. | -回到甜蜜的家了 -谢谢你 宝贝 |
[44:14] | Poor Max, huh? No fun bearing bad news. | 可怜的麦克斯 宣布坏消息可真不好受 |
[44:27] | – Clance, baby. – Yeah? | 克兰丝 |
[44:30] | This isn’t bad news, I promise. | 宝贝 这不是坏消息 |
[44:33] | Hey. You can tell me. | 我保证 你可以告诉我 |
[44:35] | What, that… That I’m hungry or… | 怎么了?我是饿了 还是… |
[44:38] | – Clance. – What? | -克兰丝 |
[44:39] | I already know. | 我已经知道了 -什么? |
[44:41] | – You do? You know? – Yeah, yeah, baby. It’s a blessing. | -真的?你知道了?好吧 -真的 宝贝 这是我们的福气 |
[44:45] | I mean, yeah, it happened sooner than we planned. | 我的意思是 这来得比我们计划中要早 |
[44:47] | – But we have this house and… – What are you talking about? | -但是我们有这个房子 而且… -你在说什么? |
[44:49] | The baby. | 宝宝 |
[44:51] | Isn’t that what you’ve been hiding from me? | 这不是你一直瞒着我的事吗? |
[44:55] | I’m… I’m not pregnant. | 我没有怀孕 |
[44:59] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[45:04] | All right, okay. Here. | 好吧 给 |
[45:11] | Camp Grande. | 格朗营 |
[45:16] | [stammering] Is this a draft notice? | 这是征兵通知吗? |
[45:19] | This says I’m supposed to report for my physical in two days. | 上面说我必须在两天内去做体检 |
[45:24] | – How long have you had this? – A week. | -你收到这个多久了? -一个星期 |
[45:26] | A week? | 一个星期? |
[45:27] | And when the hell were you planning to tell me? | 你到底打算什么时候才告诉我? |
[45:29] | I don’t know, I hadn’t thought it that far through | 我不知道 我没想到这么远 |
[45:32] | because you were so happy after the crab and the party. | 因为你在螃蟹和聚会之后很开心 |
[45:35] | – So, I thought I’d just put it in the comic… – Clance, baby. This is serious! | -我想把它放在漫画里… -克兰丝 宝贝 这很严重的! |
[45:40] | – They lock guys up for not reporting. – I know. I know. I just… | -不去报到会被他们关起来的 |
[45:44] | I couldn’t tell you. | -我知道 我只是…我不能告诉你 |
[45:46] | I couldn’t get it out. I just… | 我说不出来 我就是… |
[45:48] | ‘Cause if I told you, then it would be real. | 因为如果我告诉了你 那这就是真的了 |
[45:50] | And then you would go and I didn’t want you to go. | 然后你会去参军 |
[45:52] | – I don’t know what to do. I didn’t know what to do. – It’s okay. | 我不想让你去 |
[45:55] | What are we gonna do? | -我不知道该怎么办 -没关系 |
[45:55] | – [Clance] I’m sorry. I know. – [Guy] It’s all right. | -对不起 我知道 -没关系 |
[45:57] | [Clance] I love you. What are we gonna do? | 我爱你 我们该怎么办? |
[46:00] | [crowd cheering] | |
[46:01] | [announcer] It’s been a rough afternoon | 对于罗克福德通常可靠的西班牙好球手来说 |
[46:03] | for Rockford’s usually reliable Spanish Striker. | 这是一个艰难的下午 |
[46:13] | [crowd groans] | |
[46:23] | She’s fine. | 她没事 |
[46:27] | [booing] | |
[46:52] | [crowd groans] | |
[46:54] | [announcer] The Spanish Striker’s control gets away from her again. | 西班牙好球手再次控制不住自己的球 |
[46:57] | Time. | 暂停 |
[46:59] | [crowd booing] | |
[47:05] | Terri. | 特丽 |
[47:08] | [crowd cheering] | |
[47:30] | [Dove] Let’s go, Peaches. | 加油 蜜桃队 |
[47:32] | [announcer] Hope to see you back at the ballpark, folks. | 伙计们 希望能在棒球场见到你们 |
[47:34] | Better luck next time to the Peaches. | 祝蜜桃队下次运气好一点 |
[47:39] | What the hell are you doing? | -你到底在做什么? |
[47:40] | I thought that you would catch it. | -我以为你能接住它 |
[47:42] | – With my back turned? – It was for Lupe. | -我转过去了怎么接? -那是为了露蓓 |
[47:44] | – You humiliated her back there. – She got into her head. | -你在那里羞辱了她 -她脑子出了问题 |
[47:47] | No, you did. With that stupid pitch. | 不 是你害她的 用你那个愚蠢的投球方式 |
[47:50] | – Your forkball isn’t even what made you great. – Oh, really? | -你的指叉球并不是你的厉害之处 -真的吗? |
[47:52] | My dad took me to one of the games you played St. Louis. | 我爸爸带我去看了你的一场比赛 你当时在圣路易斯队 |
[47:55] | Your fastball was like lightning. | 你的快球就像闪电一样快 |
[47:57] | I mean, and your curve? I mean, we talked about that all weekend. | 还有你的曲球… 我们整个周末都在讨论你的曲球 |
[48:00] | That’s great. All anyone remembered was the bird. | 太好了 所有人都只记得那只鸟 |
[48:03] | And it wasn’t even a dove. It was just a freaking pigeon. | 它甚至不是一只鸽子 它只是一只该死的灰鸽 |
[48:05] | Sorry, but you got to play. That’s all we’re asking of you. | 抱歉 但你必须投入 这就是我们对你的要求 |
[48:08] | Come on, this isn’t even real baseball, kid. | 拜托 这根本不是真正的棒球 孩子 |
[48:11] | [Carson] ‘Cause you won’t let it be. | 因为你不愿意让它成为真正的棒球 |
[48:12] | Do you have any idea what we’ve given up to be here? | 你知道我们为了来到这里 而放弃了什么吗? |
[48:16] | This is our one shot. | 这是我们唯一的机会 |
[48:19] | What do you want from me, Shaw? | -你想让我怎样 |
[48:20] | A coach would be nice. | 肖? -当个教练就好 |
[48:22] | But if you can’t do that, then stop standing in our way. | 但如果你做不到 那就别挡我们的道 |
[48:26] | Oh, and for future reference, a dove is a pigeon. | 还有 给你以后作参考 灰鸽就是鸽子 |
[48:37] | What? | 什么? |
[48:40] | Carson? Phone, it’s your husband! Hurry! | 卡森?电话 你老公打来的!快! |
[48:44] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[48:45] | [Charlie] Carson. Carson, is that you? | 卡森 是你吗? |
[48:47] | Oh, my God, Charlie. I haven’t heard your voice in so long. | 天哪 查理 我很久没听到你的声音了 |
[48:50] | – Thank God. – [Carson laughs] | 谢天谢地 |
[48:51] | I got your number from Meg. I had to bribe the aide-de-camp for the line, | 我是从小梅那里拿到你的电话号码的 我为了打这通电话贿赂了副官 |
[48:55] | so we only have a minute. | 所以我们只有一分钟 |
[48:57] | Hello? Carson, hello? | 喂?卡森 喂? |
[49:00] | Charlie. About the letter, I’m so sorry. | 查理 关于那封信 |
[49:03] | When I wrote it, I wasn’t myself. And I… | 我很抱歉 我写信时失去了理智 |
[49:04] | – And I just… – Letter? No, I didn’t get one. | 而且我… 信?我没有收到信 |
[49:07] | Honestly, I don’t even know if it’ll make it to me ’cause I’ve been on the move. | 老实说 我甚至不知道 信能不能到我手上 因为我在路上 |
[49:10] | I just got to Dublin. | 我刚到都柏林 |
[49:11] | Dublin? Uh, what’re you doing there? | 都柏林?你在那里做什么? |
[49:14] | Uh, well, I just asked for a little leave before they sent me home. | 在他们让我回家之前 我请了个假 |
[49:17] | I even went to Lough Gill. | 我去了吉尔湖 |
[49:19] | Get this. I saw a tree, looks just like Meg when she’s mad. | 看到了一棵树 它看起来就像小梅生气的样子 |
[49:22] | [chuckles] Wait, so, are you just hanging out? | 等等 你只是在散心吗? |
[49:27] | I mean, when are you getting home? | 我的意思是 你什么时候回家? |
[49:28] | Uh, well, I don’t have a date of transport yet, but… | 我还没有确定出发日期 |
[49:33] | being here has really got me straight. | 但在这里真的让我想明白了 |
[49:35] | And it’s made me think about all the things I want to see, to live. | 让我思考所有我想看、想经历的东西 |
[49:38] | [sighs] I feel like I’m awake, you know what I mean? | 我觉得自己觉醒了 你懂我的意思吗? |
[49:43] | Carson? | 卡森? |
[49:44] | Yeah. I do. | 我懂 |
[49:46] | I just want so much more for us, Car, | 小卡 我希望我们能有更多的经历 |
[49:49] | more adventure, more life. | 更多的冒险 更多的生活 |
[49:51] | – I don’t want to waste a drop of it. – More adventure. | -我不想浪费一分一秒 -更多的冒险 |
[49:54] | I want that too. | 我也想要 |
[49:56] | It’s going to be so much better. | 以后的生活会更精彩 |
[49:58] | [phone line crackling] | |
[50:00] | Charlie? | 查理? |
[50:02] | Ch… | |
[50:03] | Carson? | 卡森? 格丽塔 |
[50:04] | [phone line crackling] | |
[50:06] | [sighs] | |
[50:17] | [clears throat] | |
[50:30] | [sighs] | |
[50:38] | [♪ Janis Ian: “Sweet Misery”] | |
[50:43] | Hi, I just wanted… | 你好 我只是想… |
[50:47] | Um, to come in ’cause I found, um, | 进来 因为我发现了… |
[50:52] | a rash… | 一个疹子… |
[50:54] | on me. | 我身上长的 |
[50:56] | And if you could come and look at it, | 如果你能过来看看 |
[51:00] | that would be great. | 那就太好了 |
[51:04] | – Okay. – Spots or bumps? | -好吧 -是斑点还是肿块? 创意监督:朝思 |
[51:37] | [song continues] | |
[52:33] | [instrumental music playing] |