时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:18] | [crowd cheering] | |
[00:20] | [announcer] Max Chapman has been unhittable today, | 麦克斯查普曼今天投的球无人能击中 |
[00:23] | but her luck might be about to change | 她可能就要时来运转了 |
[00:25] | as in steps Josh Gibson, the homerun king. | 本垒打之王乔什吉布森上场了 |
[00:29] | Gibson is once again leading the league in homeruns | 霍姆斯特德格雷斯队的吉布森 |
[00:31] | for the Homestead Grays, | 他的本垒打数位居联队榜首 |
[00:33] | and hitting just about anything thrown his way. | 他能击中几乎任何扔向他的东西 |
[00:37] | [♪ Nancy Sinatra: “Friday’s Child”] | |
[00:50] | A thunderbolt! She’s got him blinking like a baby. | 像闪电一样快! 她投出的球让对手只能干瞪眼 |
[00:53] | And, boy, oh, boy, does this crowd love it. | 天啊 观众们太喜欢了 |
[00:55] | Chapman’s got the special sauce and the fire today. | 查普曼今天尤其兴奋 火力全开 |
[00:59] | It’s not every day you see the Black Babe Ruth back on his heels. | 能让吉布森干着急 可不是每天都有的事 |
[01:11] | [song stops] | |
[01:20] | Sorry, sweetheart. | 对不起 甜心 |
[01:30] | [exhales heavily] | |
[01:31] | [scoffs] | |
[01:40] | All right, guys. Bring it in. | 好了 伙计们 围过来 |
[01:44] | Hey, anybody know who that cutie is over there? | 嘿 |
[01:46] | Ha! Yeah, I know her. | 有人知道那边那个小可爱是谁吗? 我认识她 |
[01:49] | – Gary, I didn’t know you had it in ya! – [chuckles] | 加里 我不知道你这么能干! |
[01:52] | She must be deep in love. | 她一定是爱得很深吧 |
[01:54] | My wife only comes to games, and I practically have to airlift her. | 我老婆有比赛的时候才会来 而且我几乎得把她抬过来 |
[01:57] | But that’s ’cause she hates ya ass. | 因为她讨厌你 |
[01:59] | Well, what can I say, she just keeps showing up. | 我能说什么呢 她一直都会来看我 |
[02:01] | Here comes the kitten right now. | 小猫咪过来了 |
[02:03] | Hey, Maxine, I’m excited for Guy and Clance’s party… | 嘿 麦克欣 我很期待盖伊和克兰丝的派对… |
[02:06] | Mr. Vance. Max Chapman. Uh, I’m a pitcher, and you need me. | 范斯先生 我是麦克斯查普曼 我是一名投手 你需要我 |
[02:10] | [chuckling] Oh. Is that so? | 是吗? |
[02:11] | First, your pitcher, Mr. Fowkes, | 首先 |
[02:13] | his arm isn’t what it used to be in the majors. | 你的投手霍克斯先生 他的臂膀已经不像在大联盟时那么有力了 |
[02:15] | If I pitched practices, he’d have time to rest it. | 如果练习的时候由我来投球 他就可以休息 |
[02:18] | Also, he’s developed a tell on his curveball. | 而且他现在投曲线球前会有个习惯 |
[02:20] | Yeah, I do not have a tell. Who is this? | 我没有什么习惯 她是谁? |
[02:22] | Mr. Fowkes, you puff your cheeks every time you gonna throw a curve. | 你每次投曲球之前都会鼓起脸颊 |
[02:25] | – Now, who the hell does this bitch thinks… – Guys. | -这个婊子到底是谁… |
[02:26] | Pack it up for the day. | -伙计们 |
[02:28] | Oh, uh… | 今天到此为止 收拾一下 |
[02:29] | I’m not his girl. | 我不是他女朋友 |
[02:31] | – [players chuckle] – [player] Gary, don’t cry, I’ll be your… | 加里 别哭 我来当你的宝贝 |
[02:34] | Well, you’re right about Fowkes. | 嗯 你对霍克斯的观察是对的 |
[02:37] | I know. | 我知道 |
[02:39] | I can throw a curve that looks like a marble over the plate. | 我投出的曲球非常平顺 |
[02:42] | And I can do it without sending a telegram first. | 而且还不会事先通知所有人 |
[02:43] | You know, a lot of these boys are going to the Majors and the Negro Leagues. | 我们很多球员 都进了大联盟和黑人联盟 |
[02:46] | – And the rest came from there. – I know all about your team. | -其他的来自… -我对你的球队很了解 |
[02:48] | – I’ve been coming to these games since I was a little girl. – I’m sorry, kid. | 我从小就来看你们比赛 |
[02:51] | Everybody on the team has to have a job at the factory. | 不好意思 孩子 队里的每个人都必须在厂里工作 |
[02:54] | Respectfully, sir, I’m not leaving until you see me pitch. | 无意冒犯 但是你不看我投球 我就不走 |
[02:56] | You’ll be sleeping here then. | 那你就睡这里吧 |
[03:00] | So, any job at the factory? | 在工厂里干任何工作都行吗? |
[03:04] | [blues music playing] | 粉红联盟 |
[03:10] | These skirts are just… | 这裙子…我穿这个要怎么蹲下去? |
[03:11] | I mean, how am I supposed to squat in this? | |
[03:13] | They’re gonna see my… everything. | 他们会看到我的…全部隐私 |
[03:15] | I don’t think the fellas are gonna mind too much. | 我觉得帅哥们不会介意的 |
[03:18] | I think they’re cute. Peach brings out the pink in my cheeks. | 我觉得裙子很可爱 蜜桃色能称出好气色 |
[03:20] | [speaking Spanish] How am I going to play in a skirt? | 我穿着裙子要怎么打球? |
[03:22] | How am I supposed to slide out on the field? | 要怎么滑垒嘛? |
[03:23] | [speaking English] Hey. Hey, maybe it’s just for the pictures. | 嘿 也许只是拍照穿穿而已 |
[03:26] | Today it’s for the pictures, | 今天是为了拍照 |
[03:28] | but you will be playing in them also. | 但是你们以后也会穿着裙子打球 |
[03:31] | This is bullshit. | 狗屁 |
[03:32] | Knock, knock, knock. Everyone decent? | 有人来了 大家穿戴整齐吗? |
[03:34] | [Beverly] This is your team’s head of operations and PR, | 这是你们球队的运营和公关负责人 |
[03:38] | also nephew of the esteemed owner of our League. | 也是我们联盟受人尊敬的老板的侄子 |
[03:41] | This is Mr. Alan Baker. | 这是艾伦贝克先生 |
[03:43] | Just Alan. [chuckles] I’m my own man. | 叫我艾伦就好 我有自己的想法 |
[03:45] | – Uh, yeah, we can’t play in skirts. – Yeah. | -我们不能穿裙子打球 -对 |
[03:47] | We’re ballplayers, not Follies Girls! | 我们是打棒球的 |
[03:49] | Nothing against the Follies. | 不是歌舞团女郎! 尽管我对她们没有意见 |
[03:50] | – This one personally loves the Follies. – Can’t get enough! | -这家伙特爱歌舞团女郎 -看不腻! |
[03:52] | Anyway, tomorrow is your first game against the South Bend Blue Sox. | 明天是你们的第一场比赛 对手是南本德蓝袜队 |
[03:55] | Wait. Hold on. Tomorrow? | 等一下 慢着 |
[03:57] | We haven’t even practiced. | 明天就比赛? 我们甚至都还没有练习过 |
[03:58] | To that end, um, I have some news. | 提到这一点 我有个消息 |
[04:01] | You, our Rockford Peaches, will be coached by none other than… | 罗克福德蜜桃队员们 你们的教练是… |
[04:05] | – [imitates fanfare] – Okay, you can just say my name. | 好了 你可以直接说我的名字 |
[04:08] | – [players gasp] – [Alan] Former Cubs pitcher Casey Porter! | 前小熊队投手凯西波特 |
[04:11] | – Dove! Dove Porter! – The King of the Forkball! | -鸽子!鸽子波特! -指叉球之王! |
[04:13] | The one that killed the bird? | -杀死鸟的那个? -是的 |
[04:15] | – Yeah, the dove, Jo. – Oh, right. | 是鸽子 乔 |
[04:17] | [chuckling] | |
[04:20] | I love a locker room. | 我喜欢更衣室 |
[04:24] | You know, all the things people write on the walls, little prayers | 人们在墙上写的所有话和祈祷 |
[04:28] | they send up to the gods, | 都会传到神明那里 |
[04:30] | to, please, for the love of George Washington, | 请求他们出于对美国的爱 |
[04:32] | let them have their moment. | 让写下这些话的人有机会闪耀 |
[04:35] | Now, the first thing a pitcher has to learn | 投手必须学习的第一件事 |
[04:38] | is how to look in someone’s eye and read them. | 就是看懂别人的眼神 |
[04:41] | Are they scared? Are they thinking about their girlfriend? | 他们害怕吗?他们在想女朋友吗? |
[04:44] | As I stand here looking at all of you, | 我站在这里看着你们所有人 |
[04:46] | I’ll tell you what I’m seeing… | 我告诉你们我所看到的… |
[04:48] | That a lot of you came here looking for your moment. | 你们当中有很多人来到这里 是为了寻找你们闪耀的时刻 |
[04:53] | – Am I right? – [player] Yes, sir. | -我说得对吗? -对 教练 |
[04:57] | Yeah. Good. | 嗯 很好 |
[04:59] | Then I want to see fire in those eyes. Let me see your fire. | 那我要看到你们眼里有一把火 让我看看你们的熊熊火焰 |
[05:03] | [speaking Spanish] Fire! Fire in your eyes. | 火!眼睛里有火 |
[05:04] | [Dove, in English] Great, yeah. Fire it up! | 很好 燃烧起来 |
[05:06] | That’s right. Let me see it. Show it to me. | 这就对了 让我看看 给我看看 |
[05:08] | Oh, light it up. Light ’em up. That’s what I’m talking about. | 点燃火焰 这才像话 |
[05:10] | Now, ladies, tonight I go home to make up our first-ever starting line-up. | 女士们 今晚我回家后 会组成我们的第一个首发阵容 |
[05:14] | So, let’s go out there today and show me why you should be on it. | 所以大家今天在球场上 要让我看看你们为什么该上首发 |
[05:19] | Let’s go! | 我们走吧 |
[05:21] | Let’s go. | 我们走吧 |
[05:22] | – Okay – Here we go. | 好的 我们走吧 |
[05:24] | [Alan] All right. This is very exciting. | 好的 |
[05:26] | [Dove] Let’s go! | 真令人兴奋 我们走吧 |
[05:27] | – [Beverly] Clickety-clack. – Here we go. | -噼里啪啦 |
[05:29] | Clickety-clack. | -我们走吧 |
[05:32] | Hi, there. | 你好呀 |
[05:33] | [nervously] Uh, hi, there, as well. | 你好呀 |
[05:36] | It’s okay. What can I do you for? | 别紧张 有什么能帮到你? |
[05:38] | I’m Carson Shaw, I’m the catcher. | 我叫卡森肖 我是接球手 |
[05:41] | I’ll catch the pitches. | 我会接住投过来的球 |
[05:43] | I’m sorry. I’m such a big fan, this is… | 不好意思 |
[05:46] | Okay! You’re one of my dad’s favorite players. | 我是你的超级球迷 你是我爸爸最喜欢的球员之一 |
[05:48] | I was just wondering if maybe you would sign this. | 我只是想知道你能不能在球上签个名 |
[05:51] | Sure. | 当然 |
[05:52] | – Yeah, my family doesn’t really believe this is real. – [chuckles] | 我的家人并不相信这是真的 |
[05:55] | Check this out. | 看好了 |
[05:59] | – Wow. – Hang on, what’s this? | 等等 这是什么? |
[06:03] | – Magic. – Yeah. | -神奇吧? -嗯 |
[06:05] | Maybe your pop will magically come around once he reads this, | 也许你老爸看到这段话 会神奇地转而支持你 |
[06:10] | “Carson Shaw is a pro ballplayer, | “卡森肖是一名职业球员 |
[06:15] | “yours truly…” | “此致…” |
[06:17] | Wow. Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[06:18] | Let me see the fire, Carson Shaw. | 让我看到你的火焰 卡森肖 |
[06:23] | Any time. | 随时可以开始 |
[06:24] | I think with the mask on, it’ll work a lot better. | 我觉得戴上头盔会好很多 |
[06:28] | ‘Cause I was doing it. | 我刚才就在展示火焰 |
[06:30] | – Uh, okay. Okay. – I usually, uh, learn fast. | -好的 -我通常学得很快 |
[06:34] | – We’ll get it. You’ll get it. It’s your first day. – Okay. All right. | 你能搞定的 这是你的第一天 |
[06:36] | – See ya. I’m gonna go. – All right. | -回头见 |
[06:39] | – Whoo! – [whistles] | 我先出去了 -好的 |
[06:41] | This is something I can work with. | 这个我可以调教 |
[06:43] | [Greta] Whoo! | |
[06:46] | Nice rip. | 直球不错 |
[06:49] | Nice, nice. | 不错 |
[06:51] | [groans] | |
[06:52] | – Ho. – [Jo] Hey, what’s-your-name. | 嘿 |
[06:54] | Wanna stop making us all look bad? | 你叫什么名字? 别再让我们所有人丢脸了 |
[06:55] | It’s not my job, honey. | 这不是我的职责 亲爱的 |
[06:58] | Here we go, Joey. | 加油 乔伊 |
[07:03] | [groans] | |
[07:04] | [Greta] It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[07:06] | – Excuse me. – Mm-hmm. | 失陪一下 |
[07:09] | [Dove] Hey. | 嘿 |
[07:11] | Who taught you to throw like that? | 是谁教你这么投球的? |
[07:12] | I taught myself. | 我自学成才 |
[07:14] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[07:17] | Show me your curve. | 给我看看你的曲球 |
[07:20] | Okay. | 好的 |
[07:21] | Hey, Carson Shaw. How about you make your daddy proud? | 嘿 卡森肖 你来让你爸爸为你骄傲吧 |
[07:25] | Ooh! Carson already has a new daddy? That was quick. | 卡森已经有个新爸爸了?动作真快 |
[07:28] | It was a thing you were not there for. He’s not my daddy. | 我们刚才聊这事的时候你不在场 |
[07:35] | – [grunts] – Oof. Huh? | 他不是我爸爸 |
[07:37] | [laughing] I think I’m gonna show you my forkball. | 我想我会把我的指叉球教给你 |
[07:40] | But you are gonna have to take an oath of secrecy. | 但你必须宣誓保密 |
[07:44] | [chuckles] It’s just an expression, kid, I’m not swearing you in. | 这只是一个说法 |
[07:46] | Oh. [chuckles] | 孩子 我不是真的要你发誓 |
[07:48] | All right, now, look. The grip is simple. | 好的 看着 握法很简单 |
[07:51] | You’re symmetrically just getting in, cleaning the seams, | 两指对称地夹住 离缝线稍远 |
[07:54] | right where you’re gonna sign your autograph in a few years. | 这是几年后你签名的地方 |
[07:57] | And then, just like a fastball… | 然后 像投快球一样… |
[08:00] | [Dove] Stay in there, Shaw. | 待着 肖 |
[08:03] | – Okay. Okay, okay. – [player] There you go, Shaw. | -好吧 -加油 肖 |
[08:07] | Ho-ho! Way to get a round on that, Shaw. | 这球打得真不错 肖 |
[08:10] | – See, does that makes sense? – Yeah. | -明白了吗? -嗯 |
[08:12] | – All right, give it a shot. – Okay. Thanks. | -好 试一试吧 -好的 谢谢 |
[08:14] | You bet. | 别客气 |
[08:18] | Who is that gorgeous woman? She looks just like my mother. | 那个大美女是谁? 她那身气派看起来就像我妈妈 |
[08:20] | – [Maybelle] That means you’re rich! – [Jess] I don’t like her. | -你家里真有钱! -我不喜欢她 |
[08:22] | Oh, I know who that is. Hey, Shaw. | 我知道她是谁 嘿 肖 |
[08:31] | [Marshall] “Can womanhood survive the Rockford Peaches?” | “女人味能在罗克福德蜜桃队幸存下来吗?” |
[08:34] | What kind of journalism is this? | 这算什么新闻报道? |
[08:35] | Oh, for Pete’s sake! Vivienne, will you please read it? | 老天爷!薇薇安 你能念一下吗? |
[08:37] | – He sounds like my mother. – [chuckling] You do. | -他这语气十足像我妈妈 -真的 |
[08:39] | “First women head to the factories, | “女性先是去工厂打工 |
[08:41] | – “losing their feminine refinement…” – [Baker] Oh, God. | 失去了她们女性的优雅 |
[08:43] | “And now they pick up baseball bats and fight to the death | “现在她们又捡起了棒球棍 斗个你死我活 |
[08:46] | – “to see who can be the most masculine.” – Come on. Fight to the death? | “看看谁最有男子气概” |
[08:48] | – That’s what it says. – That’s a little far-fetched. | -上面是这么写的 -太夸张了 |
[08:49] | That just put the nail in the coffin right there, huh? | 早死早超生吧 |
[08:52] | We can’t even sell out a couple of hundred seats, | 我们连几百个座位都卖不完 |
[08:54] | the girls, they look like truck drivers. | 这些女孩看起来像卡车司机 |
[08:57] | – All this before the first game? Please. – Yeah! | 第一场比赛之前就已经这样了?拜托 |
[09:00] | Before game one. Look like truck drivers. | 在第一场比赛之前 她们看起来像卡车司机 |
[09:03] | Will you please stop repeating me, huh? | 请你不要再重复我的话了 |
[09:05] | You sound like my brother. Very annoying. | 活像我兄弟 很烦人 |
[09:07] | That’s why I’m here. I know what men want to look at. I invented that. | 这就是我在这里的原因 我知道男人想看什么 我最了解 |
[09:11] | – So, if we can get that right, the press will follow. – That’s right. | 把那个做对了 媒体自然会跟过来 |
[09:15] | [jazz music playing] | 罗克福德工具和螺丝厂 |
[09:29] | Wonderful. Thank you so much. We cannot wait to have you here. | 好极了 十分感谢 我们等不及要你来了 |
[09:33] | Great. You’re welcome. | 好极了 不客气 |
[09:37] | Excuse me? | 不好意思 |
[09:40] | Excuse me? | |
[09:42] | Hi, uh… | 你好… |
[09:45] | [loudly] Excuse me? | 打扰一下 |
[09:47] | I didn’t see you there. | 我刚才没看到你 |
[09:48] | Hi, I’m looking for a job. I’d like an application, please. | 你好 我在找工作 想要一份申请表 谢谢 |
[09:51] | Oh, we don’t have any applications. | 我们没有申请表 |
[09:53] | You must have missed that pile of them right there. | 你一定是没看到那一撂吧? |
[09:56] | Oh! There is. Oops. | 在这儿啊 |
[09:58] | But, you know what, we don’t have a pen. | 但是我们没有笔 |
[10:01] | – I’m sorry. – Oh, I have a pen! | 不好意思 我有笔! |
[10:04] | I did have a pen. | 我刚才有 |
[10:07] | I don’t anymore. | 现在没有 |
[10:08] | It’s okay. I have my own pen. | 没关系 我自己带了笔 |
[10:10] | But, you know what, we’re actually not hiring, though. | 不过 |
[10:12] | So the pen thing was wrong. | 我们其实并不招新人 |
[10:15] | Mmm. | 所以我刚才说有笔是口误 |
[10:17] | So then why are all these women here? | 那这些女人都在这里干什么? |
[10:19] | – Volunteer sewing drive. – Ladies’ lunch. | -缝纫志愿者 -女士午餐 |
[10:22] | The factory is sponsoring a ladies’ lunch | 工厂给缝纫志愿者提供女士午餐 |
[10:26] | for volunteers to sew. | |
[10:29] | The Roosevelt Order says if you’re doing war work you have to consider me. | 罗斯福行政命令规定 如果你们的工作与战争相关 就必须考虑我 |
[10:33] | Fine. I’ll consider you right now. | -好的 |
[10:35] | And I will, as well. | 我现在就考虑你 -我也会考虑的 |
[10:43] | The women here do more delicate work than I think you could handle. | 这里的女人做的工作很精细 我认为你处理不来 |
[10:47] | – Thanks for your interest. – Bye, now. | -谢谢你的关注 |
[10:50] | Mm-hmm. Ooh. | -再见吧 |
[10:52] | – Thank you so much. – Aw, thank you. Thank you. | -非常感谢 -谢谢你才是 谢谢 |
[10:58] | So, are you still giving me the silent treatment or has that ended? | 你继续不理我是吗?冷战结束了没有? |
[11:01] | Did you get home okay last night? | 你昨晚平安到家吗? |
[11:02] | I’m just trying to focus on playing ball. | 我在集中精神打球 |
[11:05] | Can you please just leave me alone? | 你能别烦我吗? |
[11:06] | You don’t want to be left alone. | -你不想别人不烦你 |
[11:08] | Yes, I do. | -我想 |
[11:09] | [grunts] | |
[11:11] | Breathe in, breathe out. Breathe in the game. | 吸气 呼气 |
[11:14] | The game is the fuel. | 把比赛气氛吸进去 它是燃料 |
[11:15] | The fuel makes the fire. | 燃料能燃起火焰 |
[11:17] | – [Greta chuckles] – I can see you thinking, honey. | 我能看到你在思考 亲爱的 |
[11:19] | It reminds me of something my friend Babe used to say, | 这让我想起了 我的朋友贝比曾经说过的话 |
[11:22] | “You gotta swing from the heart, Dove, not from the head.” | “鸽子 要用心挥棒 而不是用脑子” |
[11:25] | Babe… Babe Ruth? | 贝比…贝比鲁斯? |
[11:28] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[11:29] | – Huh. Hmm. – [chuckles] | |
[11:31] | It’s kind of a lot for someone who just played in majors | 对于一个打了三年大联盟的人来说 |
[11:33] | for three years, don’t you think? | 他有点太自以为是了 你不觉得吗? |
[11:34] | His arm gave out. | 他的手臂受伤了 |
[11:35] | And maybe you should listen to him about the heart. | 也许你该把他用心挥棒的建议听进去 |
[11:38] | Oh, yeah, maybe I should. Or maybe I should just hit the goddamn ball. | 也许我真该听进去 又或者也许我只管击中球就好了 |
[11:41] | Maybe if you could. | 如果你可以的话 |
[11:42] | Maybe I will, if you would stop talking to me. | 也许我能击中 如果你别再说话 让我分心的话 |
[11:45] | [Greta grunts] | |
[11:46] | Aw, come on, Shaw. I need a wall back there. | 拜托 肖 我需要有一堵墙在后面 |
[11:49] | I wanna be calling you flypaper. | 我要叫你“飞纸”才对 |
[11:52] | All right, let’s call it for today. | 好了 今天到此为止 |
[11:54] | Come on, bring it around. Bring it around. Bring it in. | 过来 大家围拢过来 聚过来 |
[11:57] | Great work today, Peaches. Give yourself some applause. | 蜜桃们 |
[12:00] | Whoo! | 今天表现很好 给你们自己一点掌声 |
[12:01] | The world is dark. But we are here to entertain these people | 这个世界很黑暗 但是我们在这里是为了娱乐这些人 |
[12:05] | and bring them baseball, | 并让他们观赏棒球的 |
[12:08] | eight to ten inches of calf, | 八到十英寸的小腿… |
[12:10] | and all the other things that say to me “America.” | 还有其他让我认为有美国风格的东西 |
[12:16] | Sorry. Pardon me. Mr. D, was that it for today? | 不好意思 打扰一下 教练 今天就练完了吗? |
[12:19] | ‘Cause we got a game tomorrow. | 因为我们明天有一场比赛 |
[12:21] | I thought we were going all night. | 我以为我们得练上一整晚 |
[12:22] | Ladies, we have a group activity tomorrow. | 女士们 我们明天有一场集体活动 |
[12:26] | Everyone please be downstairs at 8:00 a.m. sharp. | 请大家早上8点准时在楼下集合 |
[12:29] | – Do I need to be at that? – You do not. | -我需要参加吗? -不需要 |
[12:31] | – [Jo] 8:00 a.m.? – Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:31] | Listen, I know you’re nervous. It’s a very big day tomorrow. | 听着 我知道你们很紧张 |
[12:35] | But I like an awful lot of what I was seeing today. | 明天是非常重要的日子 但我今天看到的许多表现让我很满意 |
[12:38] | And just remember, | 记住 |
[12:39] | if you don’t feel ready, that’s exactly what makes you ready. | 如果你们感觉还没准备好 那种焦虑正会让你们做好准备 |
[12:43] | I don’t know. | 我不明白 |
[12:44] | I’ll see you tomorrow. | 我们明天见 |
[12:46] | [Greta] What? | 什么? |
[12:47] | [player muttering] | 好吧 就这样 |
[12:50] | – [Fern] Good night. – [sighs] | 晚安 |
[12:55] | [Shirley] Carson! Telephone. | 卡森!电话 |
[12:57] | [Greta] I’m sure it was so frustrating to have to make that pie. | 我敢肯定 被迫做那个馅饼很令人郁闷 |
[13:00] | [mouthing] | |
[13:01] | You never told me you had a sister. | 你从没告诉过我你有一个妹妹 |
[13:04] | You can’t just talk to people. | 拜托 你怎么能随便跟人聊天? |
[13:07] | [Carson sighs] | |
[13:11] | Oh, my goodness, Meg! I have so much to talk to you about. | 天哪 小梅!我有很多事要跟你讲 |
[13:14] | [Meg] Like how you ran away to play baseball in Illinois? | 比如你居然跑去了伊利诺伊州打棒球 |
[13:16] | The Williamsons saw you at the train station. | 威廉姆森夫妇在火车站见到了你 |
[13:18] | Emily said you were sweating and your bra was out. | 艾米莉说你浑身大汗 文胸都露了出来 |
[13:21] | Yeah, it was visible, but, like, not on purpose. | 是的 是露了一点 |
[13:24] | I got caught on a fence. | 但我不是故意的 我被栅栏夹住了 |
[13:25] | [Meg] Do you know how embarrassing it is for Dad to have the entire town | 你知道全镇的人都在八卦你的下落 |
[13:28] | gossiping about where you are? | 让爸爸有多尴尬吗? |
[13:29] | I mean, what are they saying? | 他们都说了些什么? |
[13:30] | – He already has to explain why you don’t have children. – All right, well… | 他已经不得不解释 你为什么没有生孩子了 |
[13:33] | Everyone doesn’t have babies | 不是每个人都像你这样 |
[13:35] | immediately after getting married like you, Meg, so… | 结婚后马上生孩子的 |
[13:37] | [Meg] Yeah, most people do within seven years. | 大多数人会在七年内生孩子 |
[13:39] | [sighs] I just wish Mom were here, Carson, so you weren’t my problem. | 我真希望妈妈还在 卡森 那样我就不需要为你操心了 |
[13:44] | I am not a problem. | 我不需要别人操心 |
[13:45] | [Meg] I need to get on with my day. So I opened the mail at your house. | 我一天总得做点事 所以我去你家 开了邮箱 |
[13:49] | Charlie wrote to you. His return is delayed. | 查理给你写信了 他的回程延迟了 |
[13:52] | Um, did he say why? I mean, was there anything else in the letter? | 他说为什么了吗? 信里还提到别的事吗? |
[13:55] | Do you mind giving me some privacy, please? | 你介意给我点私人空间吗? |
[13:57] | Sure. Here. | 当然 给 |
[13:59] | I think you should read this book. You’ll like it. | 我认为你应该读读这本书 你会喜欢的 |
[14:02] | [Meg] Carson, you know what? | 卡森 |
[14:04] | Write your husband. Unless… Are you leaving him? | 你得写信给你丈夫 除非…你要离开他? |
[14:06] | What? No. Did Greta say something to you? | 什么?不是 格丽塔对你说了什么吗? |
[14:08] | And, you know, what, I did write Charlie. He knows exactly where I am. | 我给查理写过信了 他知道我在哪里 |
[14:11] | I was inside Baker Field, Meg. | 我在贝克球场 |
[14:13] | I used to… I used to talk about this. | 小梅 我以前经常聊这事的 |
[14:15] | I used to dream about this. | 这是我一直以来的梦想 |
[14:18] | Can’t you just be happy for me? | 你就不能为我高兴吗? |
[14:20] | [Meg] It sounds like someone’s played a game on you, Carson. | 听起来好像有人在跟你开玩笑 |
[14:22] | You know what? I need to go, I have a real life. | 我得挂了 我有真正的生活 |
[14:24] | You know what, I’ll send you newspaper clippings, | 我会把剪报寄给你 |
[14:26] | – so you can see just how real my life is. – [Meg hangs up] – [dial tone] – [women chatting faintly] | 让你看看我的生活有多真实 |
[14:31] | – [Greta] And we know exactly what we’re gonna do. – [Jo] That’s right. | 《布鲁克林有棵树》 |
[14:32] | [Greta] Take the money that we make here and we’re gonna head to… – [Greta and Jo] California. – [Greta] I’m gonna be in pictures. | 我会拍电影 |
[14:37] | I just hope that we actually get a paycheck before then. | 我只希望在那之前 我们真的能拿到薪水 |
[14:40] | [scoffs] What are you talking about? You don’t think this is gonna last? | 你在说什么? 你认为这支球队坚持不了多久? |
[14:43] | Eh, it’s a little too good to be true, don’t you think? | 这美好得有点令人难以置信 不是吗? |
[14:45] | No. I actually think this is the exact amount of good to be true. | 不 其实我认为就应该这么美好 |
[14:49] | – Okay. I wouldn’t get your hopes up, farm girl. – [Greta laughs] | 好 我不想让你抱太大希望 乡下姑娘 |
[14:52] | I get it. | 我懂 |
[14:53] | Don’t get too comfortable, we’re all gonna die. | 不要太舒服了 人终有一死 |
[14:55] | There has to be a formal warning if death is mentioned, I think. | 提到死亡之前 得发个正式的警告才行 |
[14:58] | – That’s a rule, so… – Um, well… | -这是规定 所以… -对 |
[15:00] | I guess, I just hope that people actually come to our games. | 我只希望会有人来看我们的球赛 |
[15:04] | I think people are gonna come to the games. | 我觉得一定会有人来看比赛的 |
[15:06] | Dove Porter is our coach. | 鸽子波特是我们的教练 |
[15:07] | – I mean, it’s gonna be great. – [players agreeing] | 我们肯定会很棒的 |
[15:10] | – Has anyone actually seen the newspaper today? – Any of you? | 有人看过今天的报纸了吗? |
[15:13] | – Whoa. – No. | -有吗? -没有 |
[15:14] | – ‘Cause you should. You should. – [players muttering] | -你们应该看看 真的 -是的 |
[15:16] | [Maybelle] “Can womanhood survive the Rockford Peaches?” | “女人味能在罗克福德蜜桃队幸存下来吗?” |
[15:20] | Hey, my arms aren’t burly. | 过分 我的胳膊不粗壮 |
[15:24] | Are you trying to get in my head? | -你是想让我心烦意乱吗? -我不知道你在说什么 里面根本没有提到 我们在棒球方面的能力 |
[15:26] | I don’t know what you’re talking about, Carson. | 他们说我们是个笑话 -我还以为他们组球队是认真的 -蜜桃队 我们 |
[15:28] | [players continue chatting] | |
[15:31] | [sighs heavily] | |
[15:53] | Carson? Carson? | 卡森? |
[15:55] | Yeah. You okay? | 嗯 你没事吧? |
[15:58] | I’m worried. Like, what if this whole thing falls apart? | 我很担心 万一球队解散了该怎么办? |
[16:02] | Or I get cut? I can’t go home. Can’t go home. | 或者我被赶走怎么办? 我不能回家 不能回家 |
[16:05] | – Oh, me neither. – Oh, but you have a husband. | -我也是 -但是你有老公 |
[16:07] | I have nothing. I have a chair. | 我什么都没有 我只有一把椅子 |
[16:09] | I have a gorgeous chair, but, I mean, technically, it belongs to my parents. | 我有一把很漂亮的椅子 但严格来讲 它是我父母的财产 |
[16:12] | It’s not even my chair. | 它甚至不属于我 |
[16:14] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[16:16] | I feel like I’m supposed to be here, you know? | 我感觉这里就是我的归属 你知道吗? |
[16:21] | I don’t know if I’ve ever felt that way before. | 我不知道我以前是否有过这种感觉 |
[16:25] | You think it’s true? | 你认为那些是真的吗? |
[16:26] | What they wrote about us in the paper? | 他们在报纸上写的关于我们的事 |
[16:29] | You know what I think is true? | 你知道我认为什么才是真的吗? |
[16:30] | We’re playing professional baseball tomorrow. | 我们明天要打职业棒球赛 |
[16:37] | [blues music playing] | |
[16:44] | [Toni] Look at this. | 看看这个 |
[16:46] | Mmm. | |
[16:49] | You’re getting good. | 你越来越上手了 |
[16:52] | Like mother, like daughter. | 虎母无犬女 |
[16:54] | Not quite. Come on. Sit down. | -还没到这程度 |
[16:57] | – Here we go. – Mm-hmm. | 来吧 |
[16:58] | [music continues on radio] | |
[17:08] | – Mmm-mmm-mmm. – [chuckles] | 坐下 -又来了 |
[17:10] | You know, I didn’t always want to work at a salon either. | 你知道 我以前也不想做美容厅的 |
[17:15] | This place almost didn’t happen. | 这个店差点就开不成 |
[17:17] | They only gave me the loan in the end because I have a man’s name. | 他们最后给了我贷款 只是因为我有个男人的名字 |
[17:20] | To this day, I think Rockford Bank and Trust | 直到今天 我想罗克福德银行和信托 |
[17:23] | thinks that Toni Chapman, | 依然认为镇上最好的美容厅的老板 |
[17:24] | the owner of the finest salon in town, is a man. | 托尼查普曼是个男的 |
[17:29] | You never told me that before. | 你从来没有告诉过我 |
[17:32] | – You think I should tell them? – Nah. | -你认为我该告诉他们真相? -不 |
[17:34] | [both laugh] | |
[17:36] | [upbeat music playing] | |
[17:38] | Everyone downstairs, ladies. | 女士们 所有人都下楼 |
[17:40] | Very good. Follow me into the living room. | 非常好 跟我进客厅 |
[17:42] | I will take that, Mrs. Shaw. Thank you. | 这个交给我 肖太太 谢谢 |
[17:45] | Everyone into the living room, ladies. | 女士们 都进入客厅里去 |
[17:47] | [Beverly] Two lines. | 排成两排 |
[17:48] | Oh! Maybe we died, and in heaven they make your house a department store. | 也许我们死了 他们在天堂里 把你的房子变成了百货公司 |
[17:52] | [Beverly] Like ladies, please, not livestock. | 请表现得淑女一点 |
[17:54] | Miss McCready. | 你们不是牲口 麦克雷迪女士 |
[17:56] | Ladies, please allow me to introduce Vivienne Hughes, | 女士们 我给大家介绍薇薇安休斯 |
[17:59] | of Vivienne Hughes Cosmetics. The most expensive woman on the East Coast. | 薇薇安休斯化妆品公司的老板 东海岸身价最高的女人 |
[18:02] | [giggles] Are we getting a makeover? | 我们要梳妆打扮吗? |
[18:05] | [whispering] She’s a multi-millionaire. | 她是千万富翁 |
[18:06] | [whispering] We should suck up to her then! | 那我们应该讨好她 |
[18:08] | We’ve got a game tonight. | 我们有一场比赛 |
[18:09] | – We gotta get in the right headspace. – Shh. | 我们必须做好思想准备 |
[18:11] | Ladies, I’m here to make you palatable for an audience. | 女士们 我来这里的目的 是要让观众喜欢你们 |
[18:15] | To make you look and act like the beautiful ladies behind me. | 让你们无论是外形还是仪态 都像我身后的美丽淑女那样 |
[18:19] | [clicks] | |
[18:24] | Georgia, you gotta stop comin’ in here | 乔吉娅 你不能自己做了一半的发型 |
[18:27] | already doing half your hair. Look at this. | 再跑到我这里来 你瞧瞧 |
[18:29] | [Georgia] I just need you to do the rest. | 我只需要你完成另一半 |
[18:30] | I’m right-handed and I can’t do the other side. | 我是右撇子 另一边我弄不了 |
[18:33] | – You better charge her for the whole thing! – You know I will. | -最好收她全额费用! -我会的 |
[18:36] | – You two are something else. – Mornin’, ladies! | -你们两个真是奇葩 -早上好 女士们! |
[18:38] | – Morning! – Nice to see you back in town. | -早上好! -很高兴见到你回来了 |
[18:41] | Mrs. Turner. It is been too long. How have you been? | 特纳太太 好久不见 你最近好吗? |
[18:44] | Busy and blessed. | -忙碌而幸福 |
[18:45] | Lovely to hear. | -听了真让人高兴 |
[18:47] | Hello, darling. | 你好 亲爱的 |
[18:48] | – I can set you up right over here! -Okay. | -你们可以过来这边坐! -好 |
[18:50] | Make yourself at home, okay? | 不必拘谨 好吗? |
[18:52] | – [Mrs. Turner] Okay. – All right. | -谢谢 -好的 |
[18:54] | She’s in early for the revival. | 她为了复兴会提早过来 |
[18:56] | So you set her up, but I’ll take her. | 你替我给她准备 但由我来做 |
[18:58] | – I want to make ’em extra special. – Okay. | 我想特别用心做 好的 |
[19:01] | – [Toni] All right, we’ll be right with you. – Thank you. | -好的 我们很快就过来 -谢谢 |
[19:05] | [Toni] Hey now, Lynn, | 哎哟喂 琳恩 |
[19:06] | I think that dress is the same one I saw you wear in the market yesterday? | 你这条裙子 我昨天不是在市场里看你穿过吗? |
[19:12] | What? The same dress two days in a row? | 什么?连续两天穿同一套裙子? |
[19:15] | I’m not surprised. | 我可不吃惊 |
[19:16] | Now, I could try to lie, | 我可以试着撒谎 |
[19:18] | give you fools a line about how I ain’t got as many dresses as the Chapman ladies, | 跟你们这些傻瓜说 我的衣服没有查普曼家的女士们那么多 |
[19:23] | but I won’t, because I had a night. | 但我不打算撒谎 |
[19:26] | – Ooh, well, good for you. – What? | 因为我昨晚过得很开心 真好呀 |
[19:29] | It’s been, what, five years since you had a night? | 你已经有五年 |
[19:31] | Oh. Mm-mmm. More like 35. | 没什么夜生活了吧? 应该是35年 |
[19:34] | [Lynn] You remember that night we went out with Bertie to the moonshine farm? | 有天晚上我们跟玻蒂 一起去私酿酒场 还记得吗? |
[19:37] | – Oh, that was a night! – Now, that was a night! | 那个晚上可真难忘! |
[19:40] | [both laughing] | |
[19:41] | Why you bring up my sister in here? | 你为什么要在这里提起我妹妹? |
[19:43] | – Mornin’, all. – Do you not know any better? | -大家早上好 -你怎么这么不识时务? |
[19:46] | Dang, who died? | 哇 谁死了? |
[19:47] | – [Toni] Hey, Clance. – [Lynn] Thank God. | 嘿 |
[19:49] | So, what’s the plan? | 克兰丝 你有什么想法? |
[19:50] | Well, for my hair I was thinking something like… | 我的发型想做成像这样的… |
[19:53] | You know it. | 你知道的 |
[19:55] | Oh, that’s a good look for you. Mm-hmm. | 你做这个发型会很好看 |
[19:58] | – Yeah, we could do that. – [Lynn] Love that. | 行 可以做这个 |
[20:00] | Why is this such a big deal? We were at the wedding, it was lovely. | 为什么要搞得这么隆重? 我们参加了婚礼 挺温馨的 |
[20:04] | – The wedding sets you up as a couple. – [Toni] Exactly! | -婚礼让你们成为夫妻 -没错! |
[20:07] | The housewarming sets you up to the community. | 乔迁派对则让你融入社区 |
[20:10] | You don’t know what it means to have your own house. | 你不知道拥有自己的房子意味着什么 |
[20:13] | – [all] Amen. – Mm-hmm. | 太对了 |
[20:14] | And, Clance, what is this I hear about a crab boil? | 克兰丝 我怎么听说 你的聚餐想做螃蟹锅? |
[20:18] | Uh, yeah. [chuckles] | 是的 |
[20:19] | Guy’s family said if the crab boil wasn’t perfect, | 盖伊的家人说如果螃蟹锅煮得不完美 |
[20:21] | they’re going straight back to Louisiana, so… | 他们会直接回路易斯安那州去 |
[20:23] | Ooh, I haven’t had crab since before the war. Y’all fancy. | 战争爆发以来 我就没有吃过螃蟹 你们搞得这么高档啊 |
[20:27] | Max, don’t forget, we have to pick up the crab and then to Hank’s | 麦克斯 别忘了 我们得去拿螃蟹 然后去汉克那里 |
[20:30] | for the phonograph and then my periwinkle dress. | 取留声机 然后去拿我的长春花印花裙 |
[20:34] | Yeah. Mmm. That does sound like a lot to carry though. | 对 不过听起来有很多东西要拿 |
[20:37] | Especially, if we wanna protect the Lena Horne hairstyle. | 尤其是我们还得保护好 这女明星式的发型 |
[20:40] | Yeah, it’s a lot to protect. | 是的 要保护的东西很多 |
[20:46] | You can use your dad’s truck. | 你可以开你爸爸的车 |
[20:48] | [swing jazz playing] | |
[20:51] | – [all laughing] – Y’all see the way they play me? | 你们都看到她们是怎么耍我的了吧? |
[20:59] | [music continues on radio] | |
[21:00] | Don’t look, don’t look, don’t look, don’t look… | 别看! |
[21:02] | – Don’t… Oh! – [Max] Too late. Sorry. | 欢迎罗克福德蜜桃队 伊利诺伊州罗克福德市 太晚了 对不起 |
[21:05] | You pointed it out, I wouldn’t have seen it. And I don’t care. | 你不指出来的话 我根本看不到 而且我不在乎 |
[21:09] | I got a new team. Just gotta get the job first. | 我找到了一支新球队 不过我得先得到一份工作 |
[21:11] | It’s okay. I’m gonna get my shot. | 没关系 我会有机会的 |
[21:15] | How’re you gonna tell Toni that you got another job? ‘Cause I don’t think… | 你打算怎么告诉托尼 你找到了另一份工作?我不认为… |
[21:18] | I’mma just tell her. I don’t care what she thinks. | 我会直接告诉她 我不在乎她怎么想 |
[21:22] | – Let’s get some crab. – [Max] Let’s do it. | -我们去买螃蟹吧 -去吧 |
[21:33] | – Hi, Frank. – Hey! | -嗨 弗兰克 -嗨! |
[21:34] | Here for the crab. | 我们来买螃蟹 |
[21:35] | You know, I’ve never seen crabs in real life. | -我从来没有见过真的螃蟹 -好吧 |
[21:38] | Okay, it’s crab. Not crabs. | 是一只螃蟹 没有很多 |
[21:40] | Guy’s gonna be so excited. | 盖伊肯定会很兴奋的 |
[21:42] | He gets emotional over seafood. | 他会因为海鲜而激动 |
[21:44] | They supposed to look like this? | 它们应该长这样吗? |
[21:47] | Prawns? This is a crate of prawns. | 大虾?这是一箱虾 |
[21:49] | Could’ve swore that was your crab, but it’s the only crate left. | 我发誓这是你要的螃蟹 但这是剩下的最后一箱了 |
[21:52] | Do you realize how important the crab is for the night? | 你知道那只螃蟹 对今晚的活动有多重要吗? |
[21:55] | – It’s a crab night. We need the crab. – I understand that. | 今晚的活动以螃蟹为主题 我们需要那只螃蟹 |
[21:57] | What kind of fish guy are you? You didn’t check the box? | 你这卖鱼的怎么这样? 你没有检查箱子吗? |
[21:59] | – That’s, like, your whole job. – Mr. Beaumont was just here. | -检查货物是你的唯一职责 -博蒙先生刚才来过 |
[22:02] | He must have your crab. | 准是他把你的螃蟹拿走了 |
[22:03] | So what? I’m supposed to go and find Mr. Beaumont now? | 那又怎样? 难道我该去找博蒙先生吗? |
[22:05] | I can give you his address. I don’t know if you want… | 我可以给你他的地址 |
[22:07] | Or, you know, that’s him right there. With the hat. He got your crab. | 或者 那个就是他 戴着帽子那个 他拿了你的螃蟹 |
[22:09] | – Why didn’t you just say that? Take that. – Wait, hold on. | 你为什么不直接说?拿着 -等等 |
[22:11] | – We’re taking the prawn? – Yes. | 等一下 -我们把虾带走? |
[22:12] | – You wanna take the prawn? – Leave that there. | -我们把虾带走 -把它留在这里 |
[22:15] | [Frank] It’s a lot of liquid and… | 里面有很多水 而且… |
[22:20] | [Clance] Okay, we got the address, so let’s go to Mr. Beaumont’s. | 好了 我拿到了地址 去博蒙先生家吧 |
[22:23] | Okay, so time wise, it’s either the phonograph or the dress, right? | 时间不够了 所以要么去拿留声机 要么去拿裙子 对吗? |
[22:26] | Yeah. I mean, who needs music for a party anyway, right? | 反正派对上也不需要音乐 |
[22:29] | We can just sing or something. | 对吧? 我们可以自己唱歌 |
[22:30] | I take it back, phonograph it is! | 我把话收回 那就是去拿留声机! |
[22:34] | Uh, one second. | 稍等 |
[22:35] | What? What, you see the crab? | 怎么了?你看到螃蟹了? AS制服公司 各种制服-军用和工业用 |
[22:41] | Hey! | 嘿! |
[22:42] | Here to embarrass me again? | 你又来让我难堪吗? |
[22:43] | Should I call a crowd over to watch? | 我该叫一群人围观吗? |
[22:45] | You embarrassed me, letting all those people think I was your girl. | 你先让我难堪的 让那些人以为我是你女朋友 |
[22:48] | Didn’t know that was so bad. | 我没想到有这么糟糕 |
[22:50] | It’s not. Uh… | 也不是啦 |
[22:52] | Uh… | |
[22:54] | You recruiting? | 你们在招人吗?范斯教练说 |
[22:56] | Coach Vance said I need a job to get on the team. | 我需要找到一份工作才能进球队 |
[22:58] | Listen, Maxine, even if you hadn’t made a fool of me in front of the entire team, | 听着 麦克欣 就算你没有在全队人面前让我出丑 |
[23:02] | I can’t help you. | 我也帮不了你 |
[23:04] | They’re not hiring Black women. | 他们不招黑人女性 |
[23:06] | They just won’t say it straight out because of the Roosevelt Order. | 他们只是碍于罗斯福行政命令 不敢直说 |
[23:09] | [truck horn honking] | |
[23:13] | What if you submitted me as Max Chapman, instead of Maxine? | 如果你在表格上把我的名字 写成麦克斯查普曼而不是麦克欣 会怎样? |
[23:16] | What happens when you show up? It’s my job on the line. | 你露面的话会有什么后果? 会害我丢掉工作的 |
[23:19] | Just pretend you didn’t know. | 假装你不知道就好了 |
[23:20] | Come on, Gary! Live a little. | 好嘛 加里!别太死板嘛 |
[23:22] | I thought you had my back. | 我还以为你罩着我呢 |
[23:24] | I been having your back for a while now. | 我已经罩你有一段时间了 |
[23:28] | Maybe I should stop. | 也许我不该再罩着你了 |
[23:29] | Max! I’m gonna go. | 麦克斯!我要走了 |
[23:32] | I’mma see you tonight, and we gonna talk more about this, okay? Okay? | 我们今晚见 再好好谈这事 好吗? |
[23:36] | – [truck engine starts] – Sounds great! | 听起来很棒! |
[23:38] | – [Clance] Get your ass in the car! I’m leaving! – I’m coming. Stop! | -车开了!我要抛下你了! -我来了 停车! |
[23:42] | Clance, you can’t carry them crabs by yourself! | 克兰丝 你自己一个人扛不动那箱螃蟹! |
[23:46] | There are five face shapes. | 脸型有五种 |
[23:48] | Only one which is naturally attractive. | 只有一种天生招人喜欢 |
[23:51] | So, I think today we will be focusing on the other four. | 所以我想 我们今天就专注于另外四种脸型 |
[23:54] | Okay, too Semitic. | 闪米特人特征太明显 |
[23:56] | Too mysterious. | 太神秘 |
[23:57] | Uh, we have vampire teeth here, that can be filed. | 这颗牙齿可以锉平 像吸血鬼的 |
[24:00] | – Lovely brows. – [Greta] Mmm. | 眉毛可爱 |
[24:02] | – Hair with volume, and lovely color. – [Greta chuckles] | 头发蓬松 颜色好看 |
[24:05] | Farm hands. | 干粗活的手? |
[24:06] | – [Alan] Farm face. – Okay. I’ve never even been to a farm. | -乡下姑娘的脸 -好吧 我从来就没去过乡下 |
[24:09] | From today, your whole lives, public and private, | 从今天起 你们的生活 无论是公开的还是私人的 |
[24:12] | must reflect our All-American values, | 都必须反映典型美国式价值观 |
[24:15] | the board’s approval and my uncle’s taste. | 董事会的认可和我叔叔的品味 |
[24:18] | This is bullshit! | 简直是狗屁! |
[24:19] | Yeah, I didn’t think we’d have to do this kind of stuff here. | 我没想到我们在这里得做这些事 |
[24:21] | It’s like they want us to hit a home run, | 感觉他们想让我们打出全垒打 |
[24:23] | and then curtsy before them with a crumpet in our hand. | 然后在他们面前行屈膝礼 手里还托着个松饼 |
[24:27] | – No thanks, chumps! – They’re making us into a joke. | -不干 谢了 笨蛋! -他们正在把我们变成笑柄 |
[24:30] | [Vivienne] Or keeping you from becoming one. | 或者让你们不会沦为笑话 |
[24:32] | If you want access to their world, this is the price of admission. | 如果你们想进入他们的世界 这就是入场费 |
[24:35] | Once you’re in, it’s up to you to decide what you want. | 一旦你们进入了 你们可以决定自己想要什么 |
[24:37] | So, what did you want? | 那你以前想要的是什么? |
[24:39] | Autonomy. | 自主权 |
[24:40] | I built an empire, I traveled the world. | 我建立了一个帝国 环游了全世界 |
[24:43] | I married a younger man. | 我嫁给了一个比我年轻的男人 |
[24:45] | He’s kept very well, and I keep my freedom. | 他被照顾得很好 而且我保持了我的自由 |
[24:49] | [♪ Peggy Lee: “Why Don’t You Do Right”] | |
[24:52] | You wanna glide through the room, | 你要步履轻盈地走过房间 |
[24:54] | you wanna float into your husband or your husband-to-be’s arms. | 飘进你丈夫或未婚夫的怀抱里 |
[24:57] | Someday. [giggles] | 总有一天会的 |
[24:58] | – You’re not married yet? – Oh, no, I’m not married. | -你还没结婚? -还没 |
[25:00] | – Oh. – [Greta] I just got to believe my guy’s out there. | 我相信能找到我的真命天子 |
[25:03] | Although, I hope I hit a homer first. | 不过我希望我能先打出本垒打 |
[25:05] | [both laugh] | |
[25:06] | Oh! Gotta go. | 我得走了 |
[25:09] | This is so stinkin’ stupid. Do I look like an All-American girl now? | 这蠢死了 我现在看起来 像个典型的美国女孩吗? |
[25:13] | I think you need to hold and apply rouge. | 我认为你需要收腹并抹点胭脂 |
[25:16] | – [Carson laughs] – Cool it, Shaw. | 克制一点 肖 |
[25:18] | Why don’t you cool it? Stop telling me what to do. | 你才需要克制 别再对我指手画脚的 |
[25:21] | And, curtsy. | 然后行屈膝礼 |
[25:23] | Miss Dannely, thank you so much, but that will be all. | 丹内利小姐 很感谢 你可以离开了 |
[25:25] | – I can do it how you’d like me to do it. – I don’t believe you can. dear. | -我可以照你喜欢的方式去做 -我认为你做不到 |
[25:27] | [Beverly] I’m so sorry, dear. It’s going to be all right. | 你收拾好行李后 |
[25:29] | [Vivienne] There will be a train ticket waiting for you after you’ve packed. | 会给你一张火车票 |
[25:31] | [Greta] Why do you think they’re doing all this, Carson? | 你认为他们为什么这样做? |
[25:33] | It’s to make sure that we don’t look like a bunch of queers. Do you get that? | 为了让我们看起来 不像一群女同 你明白吗? |
[25:37] | That’s what all of this is. | 这一切就是为了这个目的 |
[25:39] | Or maybe it just doesn’t affect you, | 或者也许这不能影响到你 |
[25:42] | Mrs. Shaw. | 肖太太 |
[25:47] | Miss McCready, thank you so much. | 好 麦克雷迪女士 |
[25:49] | It’s been a pleasure to have you here. | 很感谢 很高兴有你的参与… |
[25:51] | – No, you can’t. – No, Jess was helping us with our makeup, | -不… -洁丝刚才在帮我们化妆 |
[25:53] | which is why she doesn’t have her makeup on yet. | 这是她还没有化妆的原因 |
[25:57] | Then I suggest that you return the favor. Now. | 那我建议你们 |
[26:00] | [Greta] We’re gonna help you. | 回报她的帮助 马上去 |
[26:02] | And, curtsy. | 行屈膝礼 |
[26:06] | All right, so we just knock on the door, | 我们只需要敲门 |
[26:07] | swap the prawn for the crab, | 用虾来换螃蟹 |
[26:09] | and it over, right? | 然后把它交出去 |
[26:10] | Maybe we should leave the floor prawn in the car for now. | 也许我们暂时应该 把掉在了地上的大虾留在车里 |
[26:13] | Let’s feel it out. | 去探探口风 |
[26:14] | Feel it out. Right. Okay. | 探探口风 |
[26:17] | [jazz music playing] | |
[26:20] | Okay. | 对 |
[26:23] | – Hi. Is Mrs. Beau… – Shh. | 你好 |
[26:25] | …mont there? | 请问博蒙太太在吗? |
[26:27] | Okay. | 好的 |
[26:28] | Aunt Bee had a big heart, | 碧姨妈心胸宽广 |
[26:31] | and she had the best of intentions. | 心怀善意 |
[26:33] | But when it came time for her to help me learn how to ride that bike, | 但是她教我骑自行车的时候 |
[26:36] | I found out that Aunt Bee didn’t know how to ride a bike either. | 我发现她也不会骑自行车 |
[26:40] | So, what she did… | 所以她做的… |
[26:42] | – [Max] We need to leave. – Not without my crab. | -我们得走了 -不拿回我的螃蟹就不走 |
[26:45] | – You know how I feel about dead people. – Okay, just calm down! | -你知道我很怕死人 -好吧 冷静点! |
[26:49] | Sorry. [clears throat] Do you know if they’re gonna be serving any crab later? | 抱歉 你知道他们等会儿 是不是会给大家吃螃蟹? |
[26:52] | I mean, not for me, for her. You know, ’cause you know how she liked her food… | 我这么问不是为了我自己 |
[26:56] | Probably… | 而是为了她 你也知道她很喜欢吃… |
[26:58] | – I need to leave. – No! No! | -我得走了 -不行! |
[26:59] | – Yes. – Just calm down, okay? | 冷静点 |
[27:01] | Don’t move, I’m gonna find the kitchen. | 好吗?坐着别动 我去找厨房 |
[27:06] | Oh. Sorry, just, uh, looking for a tissue. | 不好意思 我想找纸巾 |
[27:08] | [nephew, muffled] I noticed that Aunt Bee could sometimes be mean as a snake… | 我注意到碧姨妈有时会非常阴险 但她是一个真正信仰上帝的女人 |
[27:13] | Damn it! Okay. Crab, crab, crab. | 该死的!螃蟹 |
[27:16] | [breathing heavily] Crab… Crab… | |
[27:25] | [sobbing] No! No! | 不! |
[27:29] | – Oh, sweetheart. – No! | 不! |
[27:31] | I miss her too. | I miss her too. 我也很想她 |
[27:35] | Fuck, Mrs. Beaumont. | 该死的 博蒙女士 |
[27:36] | God, we need to get that crab. | 天哪 我们必须弄到螃蟹 |
[27:42] | We have to go to Schwartz’. | 我们必须去施瓦茨市场 |
[27:44] | What? No! My momma don’t even go there. | 什么?不行!连我妈都不会去那里 |
[27:47] | Plus you know they’re gonna charge us double. We should go to Patty’s, | 而且你知道他们会收我们双倍的钱 我们应该去帕蒂的店 |
[27:50] | – get your dress, and then we… – No, I’m picking the crab. | -拿你的裙子 然后我们… -我选螃蟹 |
[27:53] | – For Guy, I’m picking the crab. – You sure? | -为了盖伊 |
[27:56] | Mmm. | 我选择去买螃蟹 -你确定? |
[27:58] | Okay. | 好吧 施瓦茨市场 蓝蟹 |
[28:00] | [jazz music playing] | |
[28:14] | Remember, we’re allowed here by law. | 要记住 法律允许我们来这里 |
[28:16] | You wanna remind them of that? ‘Cause I don’t think they got the memo. | 你想提醒他们吗? 因为我认为他们没有收到备忘录 |
[28:19] | Crab! Excuse me. [clears throat] | 螃蟹!打扰一下 |
[28:22] | Excuse me, sir! | 先生 |
[28:23] | Uh, excuse me, sir. | 打扰一下! |
[28:26] | Hi. | 你好 |
[28:27] | Uh, can… | |
[28:30] | Excuse me, sir. | 先生 打扰一下 |
[28:34] | Sir. | 先生 |
[28:36] | Sir, can we… Okay. | 先生 我们能不能…好吧 |
[28:47] | It don’t matter. | 没关系 |
[28:48] | It doesn’t matter. It doesn’t even matter, it’s fine. | 这不重要 没事 |
[28:51] | It seems like it does. | 看起来似乎很重要 |
[28:53] | You’ve always had Toni making things nice for you. | 你一直都有托尼替你打点事情 |
[28:56] | You don’t know what it is to have to build a home and a name for yourself. | 你不知道必须为自己组建一个家 树立起名声有多困难 |
[29:00] | I just didn’t want to embarrass myself or Guy tonight. | 我只是不想 让我自己或盖伊今天晚上出丑 |
[29:04] | But look at me. I don’t have any crab, | 可你看看我 我一只螃蟹都没有弄到 |
[29:07] | so the invitations that I’ve drew crab all over is stupid now, | 我在邀请函上画满了螃蟹 现在那些邀请函简直是笑话 |
[29:11] | and looks like I was showing off about crab, they gonna think, “Oh, she’s…” | 弄得好像我在炫耀螃蟹似的 他们会觉得:“哦 她…” |
[29:14] | – I’ll be right back. – Wait, what? | -我马上回来 -等等 什么? |
[29:16] | – Where you… – I’ll be back. | -你要去哪里…麦克斯! |
[29:17] | Max! | -我会回来的 |
[29:19] | Max! | 麦克斯! |
[29:22] | [sighs] | |
[29:26] | Ooh. That’s a cute diner. I’m starving. | 那家餐厅很漂亮 我饿死了 |
[29:29] | How do you know if your shoulders are even? | 你怎么知道你的肩膀是否匀称? |
[29:31] | They must be even enough. You’re still here. | 你还在这里 就说明你的肩膀足够匀称 |
[29:34] | I gotta get my mind right to pitch tonight. | 我得集中精神 |
[29:40] | Ugh! | 今晚才能好好投球 |
[29:41] | Oh! Oh. I have really specific dietary restrictions, | 我有非常具体的饮食限制 |
[29:44] | so I have to go to the market. | 我得去市场一趟 |
[29:46] | But I just realized I’ve actually never been alone in public before. | 我刚刚意识到 我以前 从未独自一人去过任何公共场所 |
[29:48] | Do you wanna come with me? | 你想跟我一起去吗? |
[29:50] | – Um, sure. Yeah. – Great. | 当然 |
[29:52] | Uh, we’ll meet you at the ballpark. | 好的 我们在棒球场跟你们会合 |
[29:57] | Sir. | 先生… |
[30:00] | Sir? | 先生? |
[30:01] | I know you can hear me. I’m not leaving. | 我知道你能听到我说话 我是不会走的 |
[30:04] | [Carson] So, it’s fresh tuna that has more protein? That’s the thing? | 新鲜金枪鱼的蛋白质含量更高? 是这样吗? |
[30:07] | [Shirley] You’re kidding, right? | 你开玩笑的对吧? |
[30:08] | Carson, please tell me that you’re not eating canned fish. | 请告诉我你不吃鱼罐头 |
[30:11] | – Botulism can and will kill you. – Okay. | 肉毒杆菌中毒会要你的命的 |
[30:14] | – [clerk] Hi, there. – Hi! | -你们好 -你好 |
[30:16] | Uh, half a pound of your freshest tuna please? | 请给我半磅你们这里最新鲜的金枪鱼 |
[30:18] | Yes. And I have my ration card. | 是的 我有我的配给卡 |
[30:21] | Hi. Um, we talked the other night, I don’t know if you remember. | 你好 那天晚上我们交谈过 不知道你还记不记得 |
[30:25] | I just wanted to clear up anything that, um, | 你也许看到了奇怪的事 |
[30:27] | you might have seen that might’ve felt off. Uh… | 我只是想澄清一下 |
[30:30] | I’m not gonna say anything. I don’t care. | 我不会说出去的 我不在乎 |
[30:33] | Okay. Okay. | 好的 |
[30:35] | [clears throat] Miss? | 小姐? |
[30:38] | Can I help you with anything? | 你有什么需要吗? |
[30:39] | Uh, actually, I was here first. | 其实是我先到的 |
[30:44] | – Right? – Yeah, yeah. She was here first. | -对吧? -是 她先到的 |
[30:50] | What do you want? | 你想要什么? |
[30:51] | [upbeat jazz song playing] | |
[30:56] | Um, I have a order here for one Miss Lena Horne? | 我有一份莱娜霍恩小姐的订单 |
[30:59] | Oh, my God! You did not! | Oh, my God! 我的天啊!不会吧!我的天啊! |
[31:03] | Be careful. | 小心 |
[31:04] | – Ah! – [both laughing] | 蜜桃队员们之乡 今日棒球 |
[31:15] | Welcome to the All-American Girls Professional Baseball League’s first game. | 欢迎来到全美女子职业棒球联盟的 第一场比赛 |
[31:19] | And get ready to meet the South Bend Blue Sox and your own Rockford Peaches. | 准备好请出南本德蓝袜队 和本市的罗克福德蜜桃队 |
[31:25] | [crowd cheering] | |
[31:35] | [music ends] | |
[31:40] | [organ National Anthem playing] | |
[31:44] | – Wow, this is happening. – Yeah. | -梦想成真了 -是啊 |
[31:50] | You three were specifically not invited to my party. Go. | 我特意没有请你们三个 参加我的聚会 走吧 |
[31:53] | We came to the party to make sure it’s lame, and it’s confirmed. | 我们专程过来确保你会办个无聊的聚会 事实证明确实如此 |
[31:55] | – You better shut up, Cecil. – It’s Big C. | -你最好闭嘴 西赛尔 -是大西 |
[31:57] | Big C, my ass! Now take your comics and scram. | 大西个屁啊!拿上你的漫画给我滚蛋 |
[32:00] | What is that? That my Superman? | 这是什么?我的《超人》漫画? |
[32:01] | I told you not to steal my comics! | 我警告过你不要偷我的漫画的! |
[32:02] | – That’s my Superman! – [Clance] No. | -那是我的漫画书! -不是 |
[32:04] | – Let’s go. – [Clance] Remember I said I was taking it | 你把我的《神奇女侠》涂了花生酱之后 |
[32:05] | after you got peanut butter on my Wonder Woman. | 我说要拿这本的 我还记得 |
[32:07] | Please. | -拜托 -笨蛋 天啊 欢迎 你好 谢谢 太客气了 放那儿吧 我抱着一桶螃蟹 |
[32:08] | Dumbass! Oh, God. Welcome. Hi. | |
[32:11] | Oh! Thank you. That’s nice. Put that there, I got crabs. | |
[32:17] | Guy! We’re back! | 盖伊!我们回来了! |
[32:18] | Uh, okay, here I come, baby. | 好的 我来了 宝贝 |
[32:20] | Hey, don’t go nowhere, y’all. | 嘿 大家待着 哪儿都别去 |
[32:21] | I’mma get that crab to you in just a second now. | 我马上把螃蟹拿过来 |
[32:23] | How you doin’? Uh… | 你好 |
[32:24] | Hey, baby. I was wondering where you were. You all right, baby? | 嗨 宝贝 我还在想你去哪儿了呢 你还好吧? |
[32:27] | No, um… No, ’cause I didn’t get the dress, and I messed up, | 不好…因为我没有拿到裙子 |
[32:30] | so it’s just a mess. | 我搞砸了 所以我乱七八糟的 |
[32:31] | And I can’t talk to people like that, so I’m gonna go dress… | 我这模样不能去跟大家聊天 所以我要去换衣服…不好意思… |
[32:35] | – All right, slow down… – No. It’s okay. | -慢慢来… -不 没关系 |
[32:37] | Hey, hey, I got this. | 嘿 我去处理 |
[32:39] | Um, can you put the crab in that pot and watch ’em? Thank you. | 你能把螃蟹放进锅里 并且看着吗?谢谢 歌影两栖女星莱娜霍恩抵达好莱坞 |
[32:47] | [door opens] | |
[32:54] | [Guy] All right, where is it? | 好的 它在哪里? |
[32:56] | Now, you’re already a case of lovely, | 你已经很漂亮了 |
[32:59] | but I especially think you look perfect… | 但我认为你穿这件 看起来… |
[33:03] | in this. | 特别完美 |
[33:05] | Mwah. | 你瞧 |
[33:07] | [chuckles] Look at that. Is that Lena Horne I see? | 我看到的是莱娜霍恩吗? |
[33:10] | [both laugh] | |
[33:11] | [rhythmical music playing] | |
[33:20] | [announcer] Whoa, baby, look at the speed on that! | 哇 天啊 看看这球的速度! |
[33:22] | Our starting pitcher, Lupe Garcia, hails from Spain. | 我们的首发投手 来自西班牙的露蓓加西亚 |
[33:26] | Look out, fellas. Her fastball is as hot as her temper. | 伙计们 要小心啊 她的快球和她的脾气一样火爆 |
[33:29] | Spain goes down a little easier than Mexico. | 西班牙比墨西哥更容易被人接受 |
[33:32] | Caliente! | |
[33:34] | [announcer] Shirley Cohen up. | 雪莉上场 |
[33:35] | In addition to swinging the bat, | 除了挥球棒以外 |
[33:37] | she also enjoys playing the flute and baking bread. | 她还喜欢吹长笛和烤面包 |
[33:43] | [crowd groans] | 好球! |
[33:44] | [umpire] Strike! | |
[33:51] | Safe! | 安全! |
[33:55] | [umpire] Strike three, you’re out. | 三振 出局 |
[33:56] | That’s my girl! | 真是我的好球员! |
[33:59] | [Jo] Get it! Get it! Get it! There we go. | 接住!好样的 |
[34:02] | Just like that! | 好! |
[34:04] | [Jo] There we go! There we go! | 好样的! |
[34:06] | McCready! | 麦克雷迪! |
[34:07] | – [Carson] That’s it! – That’s how you do it, Gill. | -就是这样! -就得这样 吉尔 |
[34:10] | [Dove] Hustle in. | 快速准备!快速上场! |
[34:11] | Hustle in. | |
[34:12] | [Greta] I’m up. | |
[34:16] | Now, that’s good baseball. Put some wood on it, Gill. | 表现很好 用力挥棒 吉尔 |
[34:19] | I think I will, sir. | 我会的 教练 |
[34:22] | – Wish me luck. – Good luck. | -祝我好运 -祝你好运 |
[34:24] | [clicks] Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[34:25] | Here we go, bird. | 加油吧 小鸟 |
[34:27] | Let’s go. | 加油 |
[34:27] | [announcer] Greta Gill keeps them off first base with a “come hither” look in her eye! | 格丽塔吉尔一脸“放马过来”的表情 让她们连一垒都上不了! |
[34:31] | And, boys, she’s single! | 而且呀 男孩们 她是单身! |
[34:33] | – She’s lovely. – Yes. | -她很漂亮 -是的 |
[34:34] | [announcer] Who wants her telephone number? I know I do. | 谁想要她的电话号码?我知道我想要 |
[34:39] | [Dove] Give it a knock. | 用力击球 |
[34:40] | – Viv, I owe ya. – Hmm? | 小薇 我欠你一个人情 |
[34:42] | [chuckles] Oh, you’re paying me. So much. | 你要给我报酬的 丰厚的报酬 |
[34:47] | This is gonna work. | 这肯定能成功 |
[34:53] | Strike! | 好球! 嘿 |
[34:54] | [crowd groans] | |
[34:55] | [heckler] Hey, honey, what’s your bra size? | 亲爱的 你穿多大的文胸? |
[34:57] | I like to know the players’ stats! | 我想知道球员的三围! |
[35:00] | You know, you’re much prettier than the papers make you sound. [laughs] | 你知道你比报纸上说的还要漂亮 |
[35:06] | [music resumes] | |
[35:11] | Here we go. | 好 |
[35:13] | Go, you got it. | 加油 你能行的 |
[35:14] | Hey, if you want a date with me, you’re gonna have to shake it a little. | 嘿 如果你想跟我约会 你得扭起来 |
[35:17] | – [crowd groans] – [umpire] Strike! | 好球! |
[35:27] | – [music resumes] – [Greta chuckles] | |
[35:29] | You got this. Come on. Come on! | 你可以的 加油! |
[35:33] | That’s right, honey. Just keep your eyes on my balls. | 没错 亲爱的 只要盯着我胯下的球就好了 |
[35:37] | – Strike three, you’re out! – [crowd groans] | 三振 出局! |
[35:39] | – Is he serious? – Did he say balls? | -他是认真的吗? -他刚才说“胯下的球”? |
[35:42] | [heckler] It’s okay. I can make it feel better. | 没关系 |
[35:44] | Just blow me some more of those kisses. | 我可以让你开心起来 再给我几个飞吻 |
[35:47] | [announcer] And here comes third baseman, Jo De Luca. | 三垒手上场 乔德卢卡 |
[35:50] | Let’s go, slugger. | 加油 强击手 |
[35:52] | You got this, Joey. | 你可以的 乔伊 |
[35:53] | [announcer] Fellas, she might speak softly to you, but she carries a big stick. | 伙计们 她可能会对你轻声细语 但她扛着一根大棒哦 |
[35:57] | [man] All right, De Luca. | 乔德卢卡 |
[36:00] | [Maybelle] Come on, Joey! | 加油 乔伊! |
[36:01] | [Dove] De Luca. | 德卢卡 |
[36:05] | – [crowd groans] – Strike! | 好球! |
[36:06] | [heckler] Maybe if you lost a few pounds, we’d at least have something nice to look at. | 如果你减掉几磅 我们至少还有点养眼的东西可看 |
[36:10] | Hey, maybe if you would learn to shut your big, fat mouth… | 也许如果你学会闭上你的大嘴巴… |
[36:12] | Miss Gill. No. | 吉尔小姐 不能 |
[36:15] | [bat hits ball] | |
[36:16] | [announcer] Foul ball by De Luca. Count now, oh and two. | 德卢卡打出界外球 现在比分是0比2 |
[36:20] | [organ music playing] | |
[36:24] | Strike three! You’re out! | 三振!出局! |
[36:26] | [heckler] I think she’s gonna cry! | 我觉得她要哭了! |
[36:28] | Oh, come on, honey! Smile! | 别这样 亲爱的!笑一个! |
[36:30] | You could quit playing ball right now, come sit on my lap! It’ll feel a lot better. | 你可以马上放弃打球 过来坐我腿上!感觉会很好的 |
[36:33] | She asked for it, look at her. | 这是她自找的 你看看她 |
[36:38] | [Carson] We can’t let them just say this shit about us. | 我们不能让他们说这些糟践我们的话 |
[36:41] | – Yeah, make him stand up, I’ll take him out at the knees. – Yeah. | 让他站起来 我会用膝盖把他撞晕 |
[36:44] | These are your customers. | 这些是你们的顾客 |
[36:46] | And Mr. Baker can’t afford to lose any more. | 贝克先生不能再输了 |
[36:49] | So please, ladies, chins up, smiles on. | 所以 女士们 请抬起下巴 微笑 |
[36:52] | Hey, if you wanna fish for snapper, | 嘿 如果想钓鲷鱼 |
[36:54] | you can’t go after it like a steelhead with sand shrimp, right? | 就不能把它当成虹鳟 用沙虾来当诱饵 对吧? |
[36:59] | Hey, you know what? I’ll take care of it. | 这样吧 我来处理这些人 |
[37:02] | [jaunty piano music playing] | |
[37:04] | [Dove] Can I have a quick word? | 可以快速聊几句吗? |
[37:14] | Oh, my! | 天啊! |
[37:20] | Hey, Momma. | 嘿 妈妈 |
[37:21] | Hi. You look good. | 嗨 你这样很好看 |
[37:24] | – Thank you. [chuckles] – Mm-hmm. | 谢谢你 |
[37:25] | – And thank you, Daddy. – Anytime, kiddo. | -还要谢谢你 爸爸 -不客气 孩子 |
[37:28] | [chuckles] | |
[37:29] | Hey, Ellie! | 嘿 艾莉! |
[37:32] | – Look at her! – Yeah, we made that. | -看看她! -是 我们培养出来的 |
[37:35] | – We did, baby. – Mm-hmm. | 是我们培养的 |
[37:38] | Mmm. Guy. | 宝贝 盖伊 |
[37:41] | I haven’t had a boil this good in I don’t know how long. | 我都不知道自己有多久 没有吃过这么好的螃蟹锅了 |
[37:45] | You put your foot in this food. | 你这锅东西太美味了 |
[37:46] | Whoo! Yes! [laughs] Told ya! [chuckles] | 赞! 教练! |
[37:50] | You all right? | 你没事吧? |
[37:51] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[37:53] | Just Miss Toni said it was good, | 如果托尼小姐说好吃 |
[37:55] | so that means it’s extra good. | 那就是说特别好吃 |
[37:58] | Means I hit a home run. | 就是说我打了一个全垒打 |
[38:03] | [announcer] That’ll do it today for the Rockford Peaches, who lose one to nothing. | 罗克福德蜜桃队的比赛到此结束 她们以0比1输了 |
[38:07] | Strong first outing from Lupe Garcia. | 露蓓加西亚第一次参赛表现突出 |
[38:09] | Maybe next time, the Peaches will bring their bats to the park. | 也许下次比赛蜜桃队能得分 |
[38:12] | We looked like idiots out there. | 我们在球场上看起来像白痴 |
[38:13] | I give us two weeks tops. | 我猜我们最多能坚持两周 |
[38:15] | Okay, all right, we had one bad first game. It’s gonna get better. | 我们只是第一场比赛没打好 以后会越来越好的 |
[38:18] | – [Carson] This is pro ball… – [Greta] It was bad. | -这是职业棒球… -刚才确实差 |
[38:19] | – I know. It has to get better though, right? – It was bad. | -但只会越来越好的 -打得很差 |
[38:21] | Does it? | -打扰一下 -你好 |
[38:22] | – Excuse me. – Hi. | -打扰一下 -你好 |
[38:24] | Hi, I’ve come to pass on a note from the board. | 我是来替董事会传个口信的 |
[38:26] | You’re a bit too much out there, | 你在球场上有点太过分了 |
[38:28] | so if you could be a little sweeter, a little, a little less. | 所以请你以后更甜一点、低调一点 |
[38:35] | Of course. Mm-hmm. | 当然 |
[38:36] | Good. Hmm. | 很好 |
[38:42] | Jo, you go home. I’ll meet you guys there. | 乔 你回去吧 我们在宿舍见 |
[38:46] | – [Jo] You good? – [Greta] Yeah. | -你没事吧? -嗯 |
[38:50] | [Marshall] We just need a little more competition. | 我们需要更强的实力 |
[38:53] | The girls, they need your help. | 姑娘们需要你的帮助 |
[38:55] | [Dove] Well, I am not a magician. | 我不是魔术师 |
[38:57] | Actually, I am, but that’s besides the point. | 其实我是 但这不是重点 |
[38:58] | No, Casey, you’re a coach. | 不 凯西 你是教练 |
[39:00] | Yeah. I was just going to agree, you should… | 是 我本来打算同意的 你应该… |
[39:02] | [Dove] Hey, I came here to get back on the map, okay? | 嘿 我来这里 是为了重新回到公众视野 好吗? |
[39:05] | Not to have my reputation ruined by you with this garbage. | 而不是为了让我的名声 被你和这支垃圾球队毁了 |
[39:08] | [Marshall] I’m sorry, your reputation? | 不好意思 你的名声? |
[39:09] | Look, if you wanna go back to selling boat insurance, please, be my guest! | 如果你想回去卖船保险的话 请便 |
[39:13] | I’m sorry, Nathan. | 对不起 内森 |
[39:14] | If you want the game to be more exciting, you have to shorten the skirts. | 如果你想让比赛更精彩的话 必须把裙子剪短 |
[39:18] | All right? These girls just don’t have the fire. | 这些女孩子没有激情 |
[39:20] | Mr. Porter. You were right. | 波特先生 你说得对 |
[39:23] | Right? | 对吧? |
[39:24] | It goes down easier if you know it’s a joke, right? | 如果你知道这是个玩笑 就能更容易接受 对吧? |
[39:29] | [slow jazz playing] | |
[39:44] | Hey, I was just looking for you. | 嘿 我一直在找你 |
[39:46] | I’m sorry, [chuckles] about before. | 我为之前的事向你道歉 |
[39:50] | Uh… | |
[39:52] | Would you like to dance? | 你想跳舞吗? |
[39:55] | Yeah. | 想 |
[40:01] | So, you give any more thought to what I said about the job? | 我说的工作的事 你有没有再考虑考虑? |
[40:05] | You don’t quit! | 你真是不放弃! |
[40:07] | I promise, if it goes bad, I’ll take the fall. | 我保证 如果出了岔子 责任由我来承担 |
[40:10] | I would really, really, really appreciate it, Gary. | 我会很感激你的 加里 |
[40:17] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[40:19] | I’ll put your name on the list, | 我把你的名字列在名单上 |
[40:21] | “Max.” | “麦克斯” |
[40:28] | Wait, that’s not the only reason you wanted to dance with me, right? | 慢着 这该不是你请我跳舞的唯一原因吧? |
[40:33] | It’s not the only reason. | 这不是唯一的原因 |
[40:38] | [crying] | |
[40:41] | [song ends] | |
[40:42] | [sniffles] | |
[40:49] | – Hey. | – Hey. [sniffles] -嘿 -嘿 |
[40:50] | Hey, um… | 嘿… |
[40:53] | I think I left my makeup bag in here. I, um… | 我好像把化妆包忘在这里了 我… |
[40:56] | Greta. | 格丽塔 |
[41:04] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[41:06] | I really let them get to me. | 我真的让他们影响到我了 |
[41:09] | It’s okay to want things. I think. | 有追求并没有错 这是我的想法 |
[41:13] | I feel like whenever I really | 我觉得每当我真的 |
[41:16] | let myself want something, it never really goes right. | 让自己去追求某个目的时 永远都出错 |
[41:20] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[41:22] | I know what you mean. | 我明白你的意思 |
[41:26] | I just… I really needed this to be real. | 我只是…我真的需要这是真的 |
[41:32] | Who says it’s not real? | 谁说这不是真的? |
[41:33] | I mean, you did. | 你说的 |
[41:35] | You said the league won’t even last two weeks, if we’re lucky. | 你说就算我们运气好 联盟也撑不过两周 |
[41:38] | – You haven’t unpacked anything. – Okay. | -你的行李完全没有打开 -好吧 |
[41:41] | They get to tell us how long this lasts, | 他们能决定球队能持续多久 |
[41:44] | and what we wear, and what our eyebrows look like, | 决定我们的衣着、我们的眉毛 |
[41:47] | and they get to tell us whether or not we can | 告诉我们我们是否可以 |
[41:50] | talk back to the fucking assholes in the stands. But… | 跟看台上的混蛋顶嘴 但是… |
[41:55] | they don’t get to tell us whether or not this is real. | 但他们没有资格决定这是不是真的 |
[41:59] | That’s us. | 这由我们来决定 |
[42:06] | Yeah. | 对 |
[42:09] | [♪ Nina Simone: “Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood”] | |
[42:37] | [knock on door] | |
[42:48] | Oh. | 我喜欢你这个造型 |
[42:50] | I like this look. | -是吗? |
[42:52] | Oh, yeah? | -是的 |
[42:56] | I could’ve done these nails just as good. | 我可以把这些指甲做得一样好 |
[43:00] | I prefer an after-hours appointment. | 我更喜欢把时间约在下班之后 创意监督:朝思 |
[43:05] | [Max laughs] | |
[43:16] | [song continues] | |
[44:17] | [jazz piano music playing] |