英文名称:Albert Nobbs
年代:2011
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:12] | – Evening, Mr. Nobbs. – Miss Dawes. | -晚上好 诺伯斯先生 -道斯小姐 |
[01:16] | 雌雄 莫辩 | |
[01:25] | – Good evening, Albert. – Mrs. Baker. | -晚上好 阿尔伯特 -贝克夫人 |
[01:28] | All right girls… | 姑娘们… |
[01:30] | No finger-marks on the knife-blades, please! | 请别在刀身上留下指印 |
[01:47] | Well, Helen Dawes, what are you grinning about? | 海伦・道斯 你在笑什么 |
[01:49] | Nothing, Mrs. Baker. Sorry, Mrs. Baker. | 没什么 贝克夫人 对不起 |
[02:11] | Good evening, Mr. and Mrs. Moore. | 晚上好 摩尔先生 夫人 |
[02:13] | Your table awaits. | 餐桌准备好了 |
[02:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[02:21] | What sweet roses, Nobbs. | 很漂亮的玫瑰花 诺伯斯 |
[02:24] | You always remember. | 你总能记得 |
[02:25] | Madam. | 女士 |
[02:33] | – Milady. – Good evening, Mrs. Baker. | -夫人 -晚上好 贝克夫人 |
[02:37] | Such a kind little man. | 多贴心的人 |
[02:40] | – Who? – Nobbs. | -谁 -诺伯斯 |
[02:42] | Right… | 好吧 |
[02:44] | – You look gorgeous. – Thank you. | -你看着很美 -谢谢 |
[02:47] | What do you say? The lamb or the beef? | 吃什么 羊肉还是牛肉 |
[02:49] | Do you think we’ll be able to tell the difference? | 都差不多 |
[02:52] | Good evening. | 晚上好 |
[03:01] | Dr. Holloran. | 霍伦安医生 |
[03:03] | Follow me. | 跟我来 |
[03:07] | – There you go. – Thank you. | -请坐 -谢谢 |
[03:11] | Have the lamb, Doctor Holloran. | 吃羊肉吧 霍伦安医生 |
[03:13] | It will melt in your mouth. | 入口即化 |
[03:14] | The lamb it shall be, Duchess. | 挺好的 夫人 |
[03:17] | Sean, Doctor Holloran will take the lamb. | 肖恩 给霍伦安医生上羊肉 |
[03:19] | Yes, Madam. | 是的 夫人 |
[03:22] | – Will you have the soup? – I hope it’s good. | -要汤吗 -希望味道可口 |
[03:24] | Sean! | 肖恩 |
[03:29] | – There’s a stain on your tie. – Madam? | -你领结上有个污点 -夫人 |
[03:32] | Have a care, Sean. | 弄干净 肖恩 |
[03:34] | Last week it was the jacket, tonight the tie. | 上次是脏夹克 今晚是脏领结 |
[03:36] | Yes madam, I’m sorry. | 夫人 很抱歉 |
[03:37] | Remember, there are hundreds, | 你要记住 都柏林的街上 |
[03:38] | hundreds of young men walking the streets of Dublin | 有成千的年轻人在晃悠 |
[03:41] | looking for work. | 只为找份工作 |
[03:42] | Young men, Sean. | 比你年轻得多 肖恩 |
[03:44] | Good man, Nobbs. | 很好 诺伯斯 |
[03:50] | – Oh! Monsieur et Madame! – Madame. | -先生 女士 -夫人 |
[03:54] | Madame, ou est ma verre de l’eau glace? | 夫人 请给我来一杯冰水 |
[03:55] | Tout de suite, Monsieur! Patrick! | 马上就来 先生 帕特里克 |
[04:09] | – My Lordship. – Mrs. Baker. | -阁下您好 -贝克夫人 |
[04:15] | Terribly sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[04:16] | I know we’re late, | 我知道来迟了 |
[04:18] | but could you forgive us just this once? | 这次就请您原谅我们吧 |
[04:19] | – We’re simply famished. – Of course. | -我们饿昏了 -当然了 |
[04:21] | Aubrey insisted we walk all the way from Ballsbridge. | 奥布里坚持要从伯斯布瑞跖走过来 |
[04:24] | Well, my Lady, there’s nothing like a brisk walk | 女士们 没有什么比快走 |
[04:26] | for giving a body an appetite. | 更能增加胃口了 |
[04:28] | Come along now, your table is set and waiting. | 来吧 餐桌已经准备好了 |
[04:32] | Tell me, how is your mother, dear Lady Yarrell? | 你母亲怎么样 雷尔女士还好吗 |
[04:35] | Oh, tip-top, Mrs. B, tip-top. | 很好 棒极了 |
[04:37] | I certainly hope she will come and visit us soon. | 希望她能早日来这玩玩 |
[04:39] | I’m sure she’d be delighted. | 她肯定很乐意来 |
[04:41] | So sorry, dear lady… | 抱歉 女士们… |
[04:43] | No bother at all, Mr. Smythe Willard. | 没关系 史密斯・威拉德先生 |
[04:46] | To be sure. | 当然没关系 |
[04:49] | My friends, we do apologize. | 朋友们 抱歉打扰到你们 |
[04:55] | Now, drinks. | 来点喝的吧 |
[04:57] | Albert! | 阿尔伯特 |
[05:30] | Dudley, Dudley, calls the brigade! | 达德利 达德利 快打电话给消防队 |
[05:32] | My hair’s on fire! My hair’s on fire! | 我的头发着火了 头发烧着了 |
[05:35] | 莫里森家旅店 | |
[05:41] | A long old day, Mr. Nobbs. | 漫长的一天对吧 诺伯斯先生 |
[05:50] | I won’t say no to a nightcap now, sure I wouldn’t. | 睡前喝一杯还不错 我当然不会拒绝的 |
[05:55] | Only I have a drop left, myself… | 我那儿还剩一点 我自己… |
[06:00] | Good night, Mr. Casey. | 晚安 凯西先生 |
[06:05] | Mr. Nobbs. | 晚安 诺伯斯先生 |
[06:23] | 1克朗=2.5先令=30便士 | |
[06:24] | Half-a-crown from Mrs. Moore. | 摩尔太太给了半克朗 |
[06:26] | Six pence from the Doctor, | 医生给了6便士 |
[06:28] | Tuppence? Monsieur Pigot… | 2便士 皮高特先生给的… |
[06:33] | Threepence… Mrs. Cavendish, | 3便士是卡文迪什太太给的 |
[06:34] | when I brought her stationary… | 我帮她拿工具… |
[06:35] | Another thruppence from what’s his name, | 还有个3便士是 他叫什么来着 |
[06:37] | the Viscount’s friend | 子爵的朋友 |
[06:38] | and a tanner from the Viscount and another from his missus. | 子爵和夫人也各给了6便士 |
[06:49] | Two-and-six, and six and two is eight, and three is eleven, | 2加6是8 再加3是11 |
[06:52] | three is one-and-two, and six is one-and-eight, | 1加2是3 再加6就是9 |
[06:55] | and six is joining two, | 6再加上2 |
[06:56] | that’s four shillings and eight pence. | 那就是4先令8便士 |
[08:02] | 安德利恩旅馆 | |
[08:04] | Ah, Mr. Gilligan, Madam, | 吉利甘先生 夫人 |
[08:06] | so good to have had you with us again. | 欢迎下次光临 |
[08:07] | I hope your stay was satisfactory? | 你们可住得满意 |
[08:09] | Yes. Perfectly fine. Thank you. | 不错 很完美 谢谢 |
[08:18] | – For God’s sake, man! – I’m sorry, sir! | -天啊 -对不起 先生 |
[08:21] | Look what you’ve done! | 看看你都干了什么 |
[08:21] | Muddied my boots! Defaced my luggage! | 弄脏我的鞋子 摔坏我的行李 |
[08:23] | I’ve never seen such blatant incompetence! | 没见过你这样的废物 |
[08:25] | Are you alright, my dear? | 你没事吧 亲爱的 |
[08:27] | Does that look all right to you! | 看着像没事吗 |
[08:29] | Where’s the Manager? Where’s that fool Sweeney? | 经理呢 笨蛋斯威尼在哪 |
[08:31] | I’m very sorry, Sir. | 很抱歉 先生 |
[08:32] | Yes. Yes. Everyone’s sorry! | 没错 都只会说抱歉 |
[08:33] | It’s outrageous ineptitude. | 这真是笨到忍无可忍 |
[08:35] | Clean up the mess you’ve made of my boots. | 把你弄脏的鞋擦干净 |
[08:42] | I won’t patronize this establishment again | 如果你不开除他 |
[08:45] | and I will urge my friends and acquaintances to do the same, | 我再也不会来这住 |
[08:48] | if you keep this man in your employ. | 也要叫我朋友别来 |
[08:50] | Yes, Mr. Gilligan, sir. | 明白了 吉利甘先生 |
[09:04] | – Dismiss him immediately. – Sir, I was obviously… | -马上开除他 -先生 我明显… |
[09:06] | – Now! – Yes, sir. | -现在 -是的 先生 |
[09:09] | Fine. | 行了 |
[09:16] | Give us the marmalade there, Mr. Donaghue. | 把果酱递给我 多纳吉先生 |
[09:26] | – It’s the marmalade… – The marmalade, Patrick. | -要的是果酱 -果酱 帕特里克 |
[09:29] | You pass the marmalade to Mr. Casey. | 把果酱递给凯西先生 |
[09:32] | Always on Tuesdays if I recall correctly. | 记得没错的话 那总是在周二 |
[09:37] | Thank you, Mr. Nobbs. | 谢谢 诺伯斯先生 |
[09:41] | – God, but isn’t he a smasher? – Who? | -他很优秀 对吧 -谁 |
[09:45] | What’s-his-name? The Viscount. | 那子爵叫什么来着 |
[09:46] | Not to mention rich, young and handsome. | 家财万贯 英俊潇洒 |
[09:49] | With money and land, | 多金又多地 |
[09:51] | that’s the kind of man I want. | 我就想嫁这样的 |
[09:54] | I’ll wear my new blouse tonight and give him an eyeful. | 今晚穿件新衬衫 向他抛几个媚眼 |
[10:00] | Would you care for a tasty breast of duck, my Lord? | 喜欢吃美味的鸭胸吗 阁下 |
[10:03] | Pink and succulent, | 粉嫩多汁 |
[10:05] | just the way you like it. | 正是您喜欢的那种 |
[10:10] | That’s right, lower yourself. | 好吧 作践自己 |
[10:12] | The likes of him would only take advantage of a girl | 他就爱占女孩子便宜 |
[10:15] | and then leave her high and dry. | 然后撇下她独守空闺 |
[10:17] | High, maybe, but I wouldn’t say dry. | 也许是独守空闺 但不会一钱不留 |
[10:19] | Now, girls, stop this trick-acting | 够了 姑娘们 戏唱够了 |
[10:21] | and just go on with your breakfast, please. | 正经吃早饭吧 |
[10:23] | It’s no trouble at all, mind you. | 其实无伤大雅的 |
[10:27] | – Morning, all. – Good morning. | -大家早上好 -早上好 |
[10:30] | Somebody didn’t bring me my | 没人给我来杯 |
[10:33] | wake-up cuppa. | 早茶呢 |
[10:36] | I’ll have to lodge a complaint with Mrs. Baker. | 得找贝克夫人投诉一下了 |
[10:43] | Morning, Nobbs. | 早上好 诺伯斯 |
[10:44] | Doctor. | 医生早 |
[10:47] | Did you know we have a Lord and Lady staying? | 知道店里住了贵族与小姐吗 |
[10:50] | Is that so. | 是吗 |
[10:52] | What do you think, any chance? | 给个机会吧 |
[10:54] | I’m sorry, there’s nothing here. | 很抱歉 没有余地了 |
[10:56] | I was two years at the Adriane. | 我在安德利恩两年了 |
[10:57] | Maybe you should have stayed there. | 你本来可以继续呆的 |
[10:59] | Look, I’ll do anything… | 我愿意付出一切… |
[11:29] | – Good morning, Nobbs. – Morning, Nobbs. | -早上好 诺伯斯 -早上好 诺伯斯 |
[11:31] | Mistress Milly, Master George. | 米利小姐 乔治小主人 |
[12:11] | Buddy! Breakfast! | 伙计 吃早饭了 |
[12:18] | Shall we wake the girls? | 要叫醒姑娘们吗 |
[12:30] | That hat is very important. Be careful with that. | 那顶帽子很重要 小心点 |
[12:32] | Make those sheets nice and clean, good girls. | 姑娘们 把被单弄得漂亮干净 |
[12:37] | Hey, are you the fellow for the boiler for us? | 你是来帮我们修锅炉的吗 |
[12:42] | I’m a boiler man. | 我是锅炉工 |
[12:44] | Welll, you certainly took your sweet time in getting here. | 你肯定没怎么睡 一早就往这赶了 |
[12:47] | Mrs. Baker is waiting inside. Come on inside. | 贝克夫人在里面等你 进来吧 |
[12:49] | Follow me. | 跟我走 |
[13:00] | – Misses Baker, madam. – Albert, | -贝克夫人 -阿尔伯特 |
[13:03] | Mr. Hubert Page is working in the morning | 休伯特・佩吉明早要工作 |
[13:05] | and has come over and asked us for a bed | 他刚来 要个休息的地方 |
[13:08] | so I’ve told him he can muddle in with you for one night. | 我说他说 他可以和你凑合着睡一晚 |
[13:13] | With… with me, madam? | 跟我吗 夫人 |
[13:16] | Yes, Mr. Nobbs. With you. | 是的 诺伯斯先生 和你 |
[13:18] | – But… – But? | -但是 -但是? |
[13:22] | What are you trying to say? | 你想说什么 |
[13:25] | My bed is full of lumps. | 我的床破破烂烂的 |
[13:27] | Full of lumps! | 破破烂烂 |
[13:30] | Your bed was it was re-picked and buttoned just six months ago! | 六个月前 你的床才换的 |
[13:34] | What are you talking about? | 你在瞎说什么 |
[13:35] | So it was, Madam, so it was. | 它曾破破烂烂 夫人 是曾经 |
[13:36] | But you see, | 但您知道的 |
[13:38] | I’m a very light sleeper, | 我睡得很浅 |
[13:39] | and me being sleepless might keep Mr. Page awake. | 又容易失眠 怕佩吉先生会被吵醒 |
[13:42] | I’m thinking he might be better off on a sofa | 我想他在咖啡厅的 |
[13:44] | in the coffee room. | 沙发上能睡得更好些 |
[13:45] | On a sofa in the coffee room! | 睡咖啡厅的沙发 |
[13:48] | I don’t want to be an inconvenience. | 我不想给他添麻烦 |
[13:49] | It’s a fine night. | 今晚不太冷 |
[13:51] | I’ll keep myself warm with a sharp walk. | 我多走走就暖了 |
[13:53] | You’ll do nothing of the kind, Mr. Page! | 不必那样做 佩吉先生 |
[13:57] | Of course, Mrs. Baker. | 当然 贝克夫人 |
[14:00] | If Mr. Page is pleased to share my bed, | 如果佩吉先生愿意和我一起睡 |
[14:02] | he’s welcome, I’m sure. | 随时欢迎 无限荣幸 |
[14:04] | You should think so indeed. | 就该这样想 |
[14:07] | Right, it’s settled then. | 很好 就这样定了 |
[14:10] | Mrs. Baker, Madam, the men of the boiler has just arrived. | 贝克夫人 锅炉工来了 |
[14:15] | Have you a letter from Holmans’? | 你有霍尔曼家的介绍信吗 |
[14:17] | Holmans? | 霍尔曼家? |
[14:18] | The plumbers? No. | 那个水管工 没有 |
[14:20] | I thought you said he was from Holmans’? | 我记得你说他是霍尔曼家介绍来的 |
[14:22] | Oh, yes… I… Didn’t they give you… | 是的 他们没给你… |
[14:23] | No, indeed. I said nothing about Holmans’. | 没有 我没有提到过霍尔曼家呀 |
[14:25] | I thought you said they gave you… | 我以为你说了他们给了你… |
[14:27] | I said I know about boilers. | 我只说了我知道怎么修锅炉 |
[14:29] | And do you | 那你真的 |
[14:31] | know about boilers? | 会修锅炉吗 |
[14:32] | I do, madam. | 当然 夫人 |
[14:34] | I’m an apprenticed boiler-man. | 我是锅炉学徒 |
[14:38] | Well, since you’re here, you might as well come | 既然来了 就去瞧瞧吧 |
[14:40] | and have a look at the blessed thing. | 看能不能修好那家伙 |
[14:45] | – Thank you, Polly. – Thanks, madam. | -辛苦了 波莉 -哪里 夫人 |
[14:57] | There, now. | 就是这里 |
[14:58] | It’s the bain of our lives. | 这可是生活必需品啊 |
[15:00] | I’m depending on you to put some manners on it. | 希望你能想点办法 |
[15:02] | We have our costume ball tomorrow, | 明天有化妆舞会 |
[15:05] | it’s of the utmost importance that it’s in full working order. | 这个最重要了 一定要修好才行 |
[15:14] | I’ll do my best, Madam. | 我会尽力的 夫人 |
[15:17] | Right then. | 好的 |
[15:19] | Good night, Mr. Mackins. | 晚安 麦金斯先生 |
[18:11] | Jesus! | 天啊 |
[18:18] | You’re a woman! | 你是女人 |
[18:20] | You won’t tell on me, will you Mr. Page? | 你不会告发我吧 佩吉先生 |
[18:23] | – I’m on my knees. – Stop that! Get up! | -我给您下跪了 -别跪 起来 |
[18:26] | I’m begging you! | 求您了 |
[18:28] | You won’t tell on me, Mr. Page! | 别告发我 佩吉先生 |
[18:30] | And stop a poor woman from making a living… | 别让我这个可怜的女人没了生计… |
[18:32] | It would be the end of me! | 那会要了我的命的 |
[18:34] | I don’t want to finish up in the poorhouse! | 我不想死在救济院 |
[18:37] | – Stop blubbering! – No, no, no. | -快别哭哭闹闹的 -不不不 |
[18:39] | – Get up off the floor! – No! Don’t! | -快从地上起来 -不 别告发我 |
[18:40] | Get a hold of yourself! You’ll wake the entire fucking hotel! | 冷静点 你想吵醒所有人吗 |
[18:43] | – You won’t tell on me? – Stop with your noise! | -你不打算告发我吗 -别吵了 |
[18:53] | What were you doing jumping around like that for anyway? | 你干嘛突然跳起来 |
[18:57] | It was a flea. | 有一只跳蚤 |
[19:02] | I’m a martyr to fleas. | 我受不了跳蚤咬 |
[19:05] | You must have brought one in with you. | 你肯定带了只跳蚤来 |
[19:08] | I’ll be covered in blotches in the morning! | 到早上我肯定全身都是斑了 |
[19:13] | Alright… alright! | 好吧 够了 |
[19:16] | Just get a hold of yourself. | 冷静点 |
[19:44] | So why are you dressed like a fellow? | 你干嘛扮成男人 |
[19:47] | No one would have suspected me until the day of my death, | 要不是你带来一只跳蚤 |
[19:51] | if it hadn’t been for the flea you brought in! | 我到死都没人会怀疑我 |
[19:58] | So… | 那么… |
[20:01] | Mr. Nobbs, | 诺伯斯先生 |
[20:06] | what do you suggest we do now? | 你觉得我们现在该怎么做 |
[20:08] | As far as our sleeping arrangements are concerned? | 睡同一张床是不可以的了 |
[20:11] | Any ideas? | 有什么想法 |
[20:17] | Ah… go on… you take the bed. | 算了 你睡床上吧 |
[20:20] | I’ll go downstairs and find a sofa or something… | 我下楼去找张沙发之类的睡 |
[20:21] | – No. – So what then? | -别 -那怎么办 |
[20:23] | Mrs. Baker will have my hide | 如果你没睡这里 |
[20:24] | if she finds out you didn’t sleep here. | 贝克夫人会发现我是女的的 |
[20:27] | – You take the bed. – And where will you sleep? | -你睡床上 -那你睡哪里 |
[20:30] | Here. I don’t mind. | 这里 我不介意的 |
[20:33] | – Don’t be pathetic! – No, please! | -别装可怜了 -别 求您了 |
[20:36] | I know her. | 我了解她 |
[20:38] | Just promise you won’t tell. | 请答应别说出去 |
[20:41] | Jesus! | 天啊 |
[20:47] | – Alright! – You promise? | -得了 -你答应了 |
[20:50] | You won’t tell? | 不会说出去 |
[20:52] | Yes, I will promise anything. I just need to get some sleep. | 只要能睡觉 我什么都答应 |
[20:58] | Here. | 给 |
[21:00] | Might as well just make yourself comfortable! | 也许能让你舒服点 |
[21:02] | And that. | 这个也给你 |
[21:05] | I didn’t ask to share your bloody bed! | 我可没说要跟你睡的 |
[21:11] | Oh, should have gone for a walk. | 就该在咖啡厅走动取暖的 |
[21:46] | Bloody hell… | 天啊… |
[22:53] | An hour late. | 迟了一小时了 |
[22:56] | – Has 9 rung their bell yet? – Yes, a while ago. | -九号房拉铃了吗 -是的 有一会儿了 |
[23:00] | Good morning, Mr. Nobbs. | 早上好 诺伯斯先生 |
[23:02] | How was your new bedfellow? | 你的新床友如何 |
[23:04] | I couldn’t sleep. Now I’m late. | 我没法睡 还迟到了 |
[23:07] | Well I wouldn’t worry with that | 偶尔迟到一次 |
[23:09] | about being late for one morning. | 没啥大不了的 |
[23:10] | Good morning, Mr. Nobbs. | 早上好 诺伯斯先生 |
[23:12] | – Good morning, Mr…? – Page. Hubert Page. | -早上好 先生 -佩吉 休伯特・佩吉 |
[23:14] | Charmed to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[23:15] | – He’s a shy one, our Mr. Nobbs. – Oh, I know. | -诺伯斯先生很害羞的 -我知道 |
[23:19] | I’ll bring the children’s. | 我给孩子们送饭了 |
[23:36] | Mr. Nobbs…? | 诺伯斯先生… |
[23:43] | Mrs. Moore. She prefers roses. | 摩尔太太 她比较喜欢玫瑰花 |
[23:45] | Lilies make her sneeze. | 百合让她打喷嚏 |
[23:47] | – Oh… I see. – Yes… well. | -明白了 -那好 |
[23:51] | I heard yourself and Mr.Page | 我听到你和 |
[23:52] | chattering away into the small hours. | 佩吉先生聊了好一会儿 |
[23:55] | He’s a fine man he is. | 他很不错呢 |
[23:59] | Who? | 谁 |
[24:00] | Mr. Page. Is he married? | 佩吉先生 他结婚了吗 |
[24:04] | We didn’t discuss that sort of thing. | 我们没谈论这个话题 |
[24:07] | Then what did “we” discuss? | 那”你们”谈了什么 |
[24:15] | Horses. | 赌马 |
[24:19] | Yes. Backing horses. | 对 赌马 |
[24:22] | Mr. Page is a great one for racing and so on. | 佩吉先生很喜欢赛马之类的 |
[24:29] | For horses… | 喜欢马… |
[24:47] | A… a cup of tea, Mr. Page? | 喝茶吗 佩吉先生 |
[24:52] | Do you know, Mr. Nobbs, I believe this house runs on tea. | 诺伯斯先生 我知道这里持续供茶 |
[24:56] | I must have been offered | 今早我喝了有 |
[24:57] | three or four cups of it already this morning. | 四五杯茶了 |
[25:01] | Well, I wanted to… | 我想… |
[25:17] | Will I take something in to Mr. Page? | 要给佩吉先生送点什么吗 |
[25:19] | Oh, yes, good girl. | 好的 乖女孩 |
[25:21] | He wants to work through and finish early. | 他想全心工作 早点结束 |
[25:25] | I declare, the smell of paint from that laundry room | 我得说 洗衣房的油漆味 |
[25:27] | is making me feel sick. | 让我有点想吐 |
[25:29] | Oh, is it the morning sickness, is it? | 晨吐吗 |
[25:33] | You just think you are the funniest thing on earth, Helen Dawes. | 海伦・道斯 很好笑吗 |
[25:37] | So, everyone, this is Mr. Joe Mackins. | 大家听着 这是乔・麦金斯先生 |
[25:41] | He has worked all night long and believe it or not, | 他工作了一晚 信不信由你 |
[25:44] | he has tamed that boiler of ours! | 他修好了锅炉 |
[25:46] | Oh, thank God for that! | 太好了 |
[25:48] | Now I’ve been thinking that we need a strong man about the house, | 我一直想 我们缺个有力气的小伙子 |
[25:51] | So I have asked Mr. Mackins to stay on. | 所以麦金斯先生将在这里工作 |
[25:55] | – Mr. Nobbs! – Madam. | -诺伯斯 -夫人 |
[25:56] | After Mr. Mackins has had something to eat, | 等麦金斯先生吃了东西 |
[25:58] | would you show him to the yard room. | 你去带他看看院子里的那间屋 |
[25:59] | Yes, madam. | 是 夫人 |
[26:01] | Welcome to Morrison’s, Mr. Mackins! | 欢迎来到莫里森旅馆 |
[26:21] | Mrs. Baker has been talking about a party tomorrow? | 贝克夫人刚刚说明天有个舞会 |
[26:24] | It’s our fancy-dress ball. | 是我们的化妆舞会 |
[26:25] | We have it every year. | 我们每年都举办 |
[26:27] | We don’t dress up. It’s only for the guests. | 我们不装扮 这只是给客人准备的舞会 |
[26:29] | That’s a shame. | 真可惜 |
[26:31] | Where are you from, then? | 你从哪来 |
[26:32] | – Where are you from? – Cork? | -你哪来的 -考克 |
[26:35] | Cork? | 考克 |
[26:37] | Are you mad, are you? | 你疯了吗 |
[26:38] | I’m from Galway, of course. | 我当然从戈尔韦来 |
[26:40] | I declare to my granny, | 我以我奶奶的名义发誓 |
[26:41] | if you don’t know the difference… | 你要是不知道两者的区别 |
[26:43] | Cork, Galway… it’s all the same to a Dublin man. | 考克 戈尔韦对都柏林来说都一样 |
[26:46] | Oh, a Jackeen, are you? | 你是个土生土长的都柏林人吧 |
[26:48] | Never would have known? | 对外界一点不知道吧 |
[26:49] | Born and bred in Sheriff Street, where | 我从小在郡长街长大 |
[26:50] | no sheriff was ever known to venture. | 不过从没见过郡长 |
[27:03] | What delicacy have you got for me this time, Mister Nobbs? | 诺伯斯先生 这回给我送来什么好吃的 |
[27:08] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[27:10] | Your secret is safe with me. | 我会为你保守秘密的 |
[27:12] | It’s just that I’m afraid… | 我只是担心 |
[27:16] | you see… in case Mrs. Baker… | 如果贝克夫人知道了 |
[27:59] | Mr. Nobbs. | 诺伯斯先生 |
[28:16] | – You’re back. – Tea-time. | -又回来了 -下午茶时间到了 |
[28:19] | Jesus, Mary and Joseph! Not more tea! | 天哪 我不想喝茶 别给我端茶了 |
[28:28] | Do you want to hear my story? | 你想听听我的故事吗 |
[28:37] | It’s not much to tell. | 也没啥好说的 |
[28:39] | I was married | 我以前 |
[28:41] | to a house-painter, as it happens, | 嫁给了一个油漆工 |
[28:43] | a drunk and a bully. | 他是个酒鬼 土霸 |
[28:45] | One night he came home scuttered | 有天晚上他跑回家 |
[28:47] | and gave me the usual fighting, | 打了我一顿 |
[28:49] | Only this time he rounded it off with an almighty kick, | 这次他打得更厉害 |
[28:56] | and that was the end of that. | 就这样 |
[28:59] | What did you do? | 那你怎么办的 |
[29:09] | I took his things, and I left. | 我拿了他的东西 走了 |
[29:13] | This is his work-coat, | 这是他的工作服 |
[29:14] | I’ve kept it, all these years, | 这么多年来 我一直保存着 |
[29:16] | to remember him by, the fucking waster. | 为了记住他这个混蛋 |
[29:20] | So you’re still… married. | 那你…又结婚了 |
[29:22] | I am. | 是的 |
[29:31] | Her name is Cathleen. | 她叫凯瑟琳 |
[29:34] | Girls, it’s time to start the dinner. | 姑娘们 吃晚饭了 |
[29:36] | Hubert Page, have you dealt with that damp patch yet? | 休伯特・佩吉 墙上那块潮渍弄好了没有 |
[29:38] | You’re a terrible slave driver, Mrs. Donaghue, so you are. | 多纳吉夫人 您真是个严格的监工 |
[29:40] | And you’re just a big ladies man. | 那你是个万人迷喽 |
[29:54] | So you married… a woman? | 你说你娶了一个女人 |
[29:58] | I met a girl as lonely as myself. | 我遇见了一个和我一样孤独的女孩 |
[30:03] | We fixed up to get a place, | 我们找了个住处 |
[30:05] | sharing the rent and all that. | 分摊房租什么的 |
[30:07] | She had her dressmaking, | 她做裁缝生意 |
[30:08] | I had my work. | 我做油漆工 |
[30:11] | But people began to talk, so… | 但总有些闲言碎语 |
[30:13] | we got married. | 所以我们就结婚了 |
[30:16] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么 |
[30:19] | Albert. | 阿尔伯特 |
[30:21] | Your real name. | 你的真名 |
[30:25] | Albert. | 阿尔伯特 |
[30:33] | Listen, Mr. Page, I hear tell you’re a betting man. | 佩吉先生 我听说你喜欢赌一把 |
[30:39] | Have you a tip for Leopardstown tomorrow? | 能给我指点一下明天的赛马比赛吗 |
[30:41] | I’m in need of a winner. | 我输不起了 |
[30:43] | I lost my shirt on Lightning Lad in the Gold Cup. | 金杯赛时我赌闪电小子 结果输个精光 |
[30:47] | Ligtning, my arse! | 输得像闪电啊 |
[30:50] | You did a grand job, Mr. Page. | 干得不错 佩吉先生 |
[30:53] | – For your salubrious. – Thank you, madam. | -谢谢你出色的工作 -谢谢夫人 |
[30:56] | If only I could afford to have the whole place done! | 要是我有钱能把整个房子都刷一遍多好啊 |
[30:59] | Could you possibly tell me in your expert opinion… | 以你内行眼光 |
[31:02] | How much do you think it would cost? | 你觉得得多少钱 |
[31:03] | To paint the whole interior? | 全刷一遍吗 |
[31:05] | – Indeed. – Oh, well then… | -是啊 -那么… |
[31:07] | Eh… let me think. | 我想想 |
[31:10] | Well, it’s all this end here… | 走廊到这儿 |
[31:16] | the coffee room… | 咖啡间 |
[31:23] | – Is that the dinning room? – Yes. | -那是餐厅吗 -是的 |
[31:25] | How many guest floors? | 客房几层 |
[31:26] | – Two. – Two. | -两层 -两层啊 |
[31:28] | Well, it’s only an estimate, but | 估计大概 |
[31:31] | I’d say it couldn’t be done for under two-hundred pounds. | 不能少于200镑 |
[31:34] | Two-hundred! Oh, my! | 200 天哪 |
[31:38] | Well, aren’t I the dreamer! | 那就没戏了 |
[31:39] | I can’t even afford a new boiler. | 我连个新锅炉工都请不起 |
[31:43] | – Good night, Mr. Page. – Good night, madam. | -晚安 佩吉先生 -晚安 夫人 |
[31:46] | I’ll dream of more salubrious rooms. | 梦里会梦到漂亮房子的 |
[31:51] | Jesus! | 天哪 |
[31:58] | – Mr. Page! – God almighty! | -佩吉先生 -天哪 |
[32:00] | You scared the be Jesus out of me! | 吓我一跳 |
[32:02] | – How did you manage it? – What? | -你怎么做到的 -什么 |
[32:04] | To marry? | 结婚 |
[32:07] | Easy! You could do it yourself. | 简单 你也行 |
[32:11] | Waiter! | 服务生 |
[32:13] | Mr. Moore, Sir? | 摩尔先生 有何吩咐 |
[32:15] | Mrs. Moore and I would like a glass of sherry before dinner. | 我们晚饭前想要一杯雪利酒 |
[32:18] | Fetch a couple of glasses up to the room, will you? | 去拿几个杯子过来 好吗 |
[32:20] | Yes, sir. | 好的 |
[32:32] | It’s been a pleasure, Mrs Donaghue. | 多纳吉夫人 很荣幸为您服务 |
[32:58] | But… | 但是 |
[33:00] | when did he tell his wife he was a woman? | 他什么时候告诉他妻子他其实是个女的的 |
[33:08] | Before the wedding? | 婚礼前 |
[33:10] | Or after? | 还是婚礼后 |
[33:27] | Did she say her wife was a milliner? | 她说她妻子是个裁缝? |
[33:36] | Sean! What in the name of | 肖恩 你干嘛让 |
[33:37] | God you’re doing letting our Patrick up there? | 帕特里克爬那么高 |
[33:40] | Come along down slowly… | 慢慢下来 |
[33:44] | Mr. Mackins! Mr. Mackins, help us! | 麦金斯 快帮帮我们 |
[33:49] | Oh, my! Patrick, what are you doing up those ladders? | 天哪 帕特里克 你爬那么高干嘛 |
[33:53] | All right, now everyone back to work. | 好了 各干各的去吧 |
[34:20] | Oh, wonderful! | 哦 太棒了 |
[34:27] | Ladies… | 女士们 |
[34:28] | Ladies and gentlemen, your attention, please! | 女士们 先生们 请安静 |
[34:33] | I now call upon the mistress of the house to open the ball. | 下面请我们的女主人宣布舞会开始 |
[34:39] | Mrs. Margaret Baker! | 有请玛格丽特・贝克夫人 |
[35:43] | Come on, bunny, bunny! | 一起来 小兔子 |
[36:48] | Get out! | 出去 |
[37:11] | – Albert, my good man! – Doctor. | -阿尔伯特 老兄 -您好 |
[37:17] | Why aren’t you in fancy-dress? | 你怎么不装扮起来 |
[37:21] | Me, Sir? | 我吗 |
[37:23] | But I’m a waiter. | 我是个服务生 |
[37:29] | And I’m a doctor! | 我是个医生 |
[37:33] | We are both disguised as ourselves! | 我们都装扮成自己 |
[37:40] | What’s a good one, eh? | 不错吧 |
[38:24] | Tell me your name? | 你叫什么 |
[38:26] | What’s your name? | 告诉我 |
[38:28] | You’re hurting me. | 你弄疼我了 |
[38:40] | Wait… | 等等 |
[38:43] | Helen. | 海伦 |
[38:45] | Helen Dawes. | 海伦・道斯 |
[38:58] | Dr. Holloran… | 霍伦安医生 |
[39:00] | Give me that now. | 给我杯子 |
[39:04] | Stop! | 别闹了 |
[39:20] | Five hundred and fourteen pounds, | 514英镑 |
[39:23] | seventeen shillings and six pence. | 17先令6便士 |
[39:25] | Now… seven pense. | 7便士 |
[39:28] | And… one… two… three-farthings. | 再加3法新[1法新约1/4便士] |
[39:40] | In six months, I could have sixhundred pounds… | 再半年 我就能有600镑了 |
[39:53] | Doctor. | 医生 |
[39:57] | Your morning cuppa, Sir. | 先生 您的早茶 |
[40:02] | Suffering God, Albert, | 我头疼 |
[40:04] | what was I drinking last night? | 我昨晚喝了什么 |
[40:09] | Your tea, Sir? | 先生 您的茶 |
[40:14] | Your Bushmills. | 还有您的布什米尔威士忌 |
[40:15] | Oh, good man, Nobbs, | 老兄 你真好 |
[40:18] | let’s have a drop, shall we, | 来一杯吧 |
[40:20] | for an eye-opener. | 清醒清醒 |
[40:23] | Oh, that’s good. Oh, dear! | 够爽 |
[40:42] | Everything all right, Albert? | 有事吗 阿尔伯特 |
[40:45] | Sir? | 什么 抱歉 |
[40:46] | Something on your mind? | 你有心事 |
[40:49] | Oh, no! No, sir. | 没 没有 |
[40:58] | Sir, the fact is, I’ve been thinking. | 其实 我一直在想 |
[41:04] | Oh, thinking are you. | 你在想事情啊 |
[41:07] | Yes, sir. | 是的 |
[41:09] | I’ve been thinking | 我在想 |
[41:11] | I might purchase a little business. | 我有可能做点小生意 |
[41:15] | A business! Fancy that. | 做生意 不错 |
[41:17] | What kind of a business? | 什么生意呢 |
[41:21] | Perhaps… | 大概是 |
[41:24] | a little shop… | 一个小店 |
[41:25] | What kind of a shop? | 卖什么 |
[41:29] | I’ve been thinking, maybe | 我一直在想 有可能卖 |
[41:31] | tobacco. | 烟草 |
[41:33] | Oh, yes, | 不错 |
[41:35] | a tobacconist’s, now, that would suit a man. | 烟草店 很适合男人 |
[41:39] | But a woman could serve at the counter. | 但是女人也能做接待 |
[41:41] | Yes, indeed. A woman could. | 不错 女人也行 |
[41:49] | You’re not thinking of taking a wife are you, Nobbs? | 你不会在想着娶个老婆吧 诺伯斯 |
[41:54] | Who’s the lucky lady? | 谁家的姑娘这么幸运呢 |
[41:56] | – Good morning, Dr. Holloran. – Good morning, Mary. | -霍伦安医生早上好 -早上好 |
[41:59] | Good morning, Mr. Nobbs. | 诺伯斯先生早上好 |
[42:02] | Get that out of you way there? | 拿走 |
[42:11] | Women… | 女人 |
[42:58] | “TOBACCONIST – A. Nobbs” | 诺伯斯烟草店 |
[43:11] | Two counters… | 两个柜台 |
[43:14] | one for tobacco… and things… | 一个卖烟草和其他东西 |
[43:19] | the other for sweetmeats. | 另一个卖甜点 |
[43:27] | There’s a door behind… | 后面有扇门 |
[43:30] | leading to the parlor… | 直通会客厅 |
[43:34] | the wife’s parlor. | 属于妻子的会客厅 |
[43:49] | But where do Hubert and Cathleen sleep? | 那休伯特和凯瑟琳住哪呢 |
[43:58] | – Need a hand there, Mr. Nobbs? – No. | -需要帮忙吗 -不必 |
[44:00] | All right, don’t lose your rag. | 别生气嘛 |
[44:04] | Lovely to see you again, ladies. | 希望能再见到你们 |
[44:06] | – We’ll be back. – Thank you, Mrs. Baker. | -我们会回来的 -谢谢您 |
[44:09] | There now, Albert will look after you. | 阿尔伯特会照顾你们的 |
[44:27] | Now she can have a clock on a marble chimney piece. | 能在大理石壁炉架上放只钟了 |
[44:56] | Dressmaker. | 裁缝店 |
[45:06] | Yes? | 有事吗 |
[45:12] | Mr. Nobbs. | 诺伯斯先生 |
[45:15] | I was passing by… | 我只是路过 |
[45:21] | Come in, come in! | 请进 请进 |
[45:30] | Cathleen, this is Mr. Nobbs. | 凯瑟琳 这位是诺伯斯先生 |
[45:33] | Mr. Nobbs, my wife. | 这是我老婆 |
[45:37] | Mrs. Page. | 佩吉夫人 |
[45:38] | Pleased to meet you, Mr. Nobbs. | 很高兴认识您 诺伯斯先生 |
[45:45] | Well now, | 那么 |
[45:47] | we were just about to have a bit of dinner, Mr. Nobbs? | 我们正要吃晚饭 诺伯斯先生 |
[45:50] | – Will you join us? – Oh, no. | -和我们一块吃吧 -不了 |
[45:52] | Thank you, Mrs. Page, | 谢谢 佩吉夫人 |
[45:54] | I wanted to give you this… | 我来把这个还给你 |
[45:59] | You left it in my… in the room. | 你把它丢在我…屋里了 |
[46:04] | You came all this way, just to give me this! | 你大老远跑来 就是为了这 |
[46:07] | It’s the button from my work-coat! | 这是我工作服上的扣子 |
[46:10] | I didn’t have another one to match! | 少了这个我还真没法配 |
[46:13] | You have averted a veritable tragedy, Mr. Nobbs. | 您帮我避免了一场真正的悲剧哦 |
[46:17] | For that you must certainly stay and have your dinner with us. | 为这您也得留下来吃顿饭 |
[46:21] | Hubert, you take Mr. Nobbs’s coat and hat, | 休伯特 快帮客人拿外套和帽子 |
[46:24] | and not have him standing there like a stranger! | 别让客人拘谨 |
[46:46] | I thought she’d be… different. | 我还以为她会很不同 |
[46:52] | Cathleen? | 你说凯瑟琳 |
[46:54] | In what way? | 哪方面 |
[46:55] | She’s… real. | 她很真实 |
[46:59] | Oh, she’s real, all right! | 噢 是的 |
[47:04] | So, you’ve been thinking about my Cathleen, have you? | 你一直在想着凯瑟琳的事吗 |
[47:08] | Or, have you might find a Cathleen of your own? | 或者你也想找个属于自己的凯瑟琳 |
[47:17] | Sit down. | 请坐 |
[47:31] | I thought you’d be dressed as a woman at home. | 我本来以为你在家会穿女人的衣服 |
[47:35] | And what if a neighbour | 要是有邻居 |
[47:35] | passing by happened to look in the window? | 从窗户往里看怎么办 |
[47:38] | So you never wear a dress? | 那你从来不穿裙子吗 |
[47:42] | It’s safer, this way. | 这样比较安全 |
[47:44] | But I don’t need to tell you that! | 我没必要告诉你这些 |
[47:47] | And anyway… it’s not like | 不过话说回来 |
[47:49] | we’ve robbed a bank or killed someone. | 这也不是什么杀人放火抢银行的事 |
[48:02] | I never gave you the chance to tell your story. | 我从来没听你讲过你的故事 |
[48:10] | So, why don’t you tell me now. | 现在说说吧 |
[48:21] | I don’t know the beginning… | 从何说起呢 |
[48:31] | I was a bastard… | 我是个私生子 |
[48:41] | Mrs. Nobbs, the woman who was paid to raise me, | 是被诺伯斯夫人抚养大的 |
[48:45] | she knew who I was, but she never told me. | 她知道我的身世 但一直没告诉我 |
[48:49] | Maybe she would have one day, | 也许哪天她会告诉我的 |
[48:52] | but she died suddenly. | 但她突然间就死了 |
[48:55] | Without telling you who you are? | 死之前没跟你说吗 |
[48:57] | Yes. | 没有 |
[48:59] | She gave me a picture of a lady she said | 她给了我一张女人的照片 |
[49:02] | was my mother | 说是我母亲 |
[49:04] | and she hinted, more than once, that my people | 她不止一次暗示 我的家庭背景不错 |
[49:08] | were grand folk. I got a convent education | 我在女修道院接受教育 |
[49:13] | because of a big allowance from my mother’s family. | 是我母亲家族负担的 |
[49:18] | But one day, the Reverend Mother told us that my mother was dead | 但是有一天 院长跟我们说我妈妈死了 |
[49:20] | and that we’d have to leave… | 我们不得不搬走了 |
[49:24] | So we went to live in Seven Dials, | 我们去了七晷区 |
[49:27] | and had to go and find work. | 不得不找工作 |
[49:31] | I thought I’d die living among such rough people. | 本以为和那些粗鲁的人住一块我会死 |
[49:34] | They were poor, | 他们很穷 |
[49:36] | living like animals, | 像动物那样活着 |
[49:39] | indecently… | 没有尊严 |
[49:42] | Life without decency is unbearable. | 没有尊严的生活不堪忍受 |
[49:48] | Then Mrs. Nobbs died… | 然后诺伯斯夫人死了 |
[49:51] | And you were what age? | 那时你多大 |
[49:54] | Fourteen. | 十四 |
[50:00] | So you decided to become a man? | 然后你就决定扮成男的 |
[50:17] | One night… | 一天晚上 |
[50:21] | there was… | 有一群人 |
[50:25] | there was five of them… | 5个 |
[50:28] | they caught me and… | 他们抓住了我 |
[50:33] | they pulled me apart… it was under the stairs… | 把我拉到楼梯下面 |
[50:46] | they hurt me… | 强暴了我 |
[50:54] | and then they left me there. | 然后把我扔在那里 |
[51:03] | Soon after that, | 不久之后 |
[51:05] | I heard there was to be a big dinner at the Freemason’s Hall, | 我听说共济会要举办晚宴 |
[51:07] | and that they were short of waiters. | 他们缺服务生 |
[51:14] | Back then, | 当时 |
[51:16] | my figure was just right for a waiter’s. | 我的身形很适合当服务员 |
[51:22] | So I managed to get it. | 我去碰碰运气 |
[51:24] | A second hand suit of clothes… | 搞到一套二手衣服 |
[51:27] | an evening suit. | 晚礼服 |
[51:30] | I didn’t think they’d hire me, but | 没想着他们会聘用我 |
[51:33] | they were shorthanded | 但他们正缺人手 |
[51:35] | and I got the job. | 我就得到了这份工作 |
[51:39] | I was paid ten shillings. | 我赚了10先令 |
[51:49] | And that was it. | 就是这样 |
[51:58] | Since then, I’ve served round the tables | 从那以后我就一直做服务生 |
[52:00] | of all the biggest places in London, Manchester, | 我在伦敦 曼彻斯特很多大酒店干过 |
[52:05] | Liverpool. | 还有利物浦 |
[52:11] | Then I came to Morrison’s… | 后来我来了莫里森旅馆 |
[52:17] | Right, you men, up you get, | 好了 过来吧 |
[52:19] | before everything on the table is stonecold! | 饭都快凉了 |
[52:26] | “Oh, very salubrious, Mr. Page, | 非常出众 佩吉先生 |
[52:28] | very salubrious!” Salubrious?! | 出众 出众? |
[52:32] | Who does she think she is, the Queen of England? | 她以为她是谁 英国女王吗 |
[52:36] | Oh, I’d love to get a squint at her, the old trout! | 我真想看看那个老女人长什么样 |
[52:52] | It must be nice though, Mr. Nobbs, | 那一定很有趣吧 诺伯斯先生 |
[52:54] | working in a hotel. | 我是说在酒店工作 |
[52:57] | Always something happening, | 总会有有趣的故事吧 |
[52:59] | something to give you a laugh. | 一定有些好笑的事吧 |
[53:13] | Yesterday Sean Casey fell down the coal-hole steps. | 昨天肖恩・凯西从煤窖的台阶上摔下来了 |
[53:21] | And who may I ask is Sean Casey? | 请问这位肖恩・凯西是 |
[53:24] | One of the waiters. | 侍者之一 |
[53:26] | And did he hurt himself? | 他受伤了吗 |
[53:29] | – He got a black eye. – A black eye. | -他的眼睛摔青了 -摔青了眼睛 |
[53:32] | In the coal-hole! | 还是在煤窖里 |
[53:36] | You’re funny. | 你真有趣 |
[53:41] | You’d better learn how to do this, | 想要经营烟草店的话 |
[53:43] | if you’re going to open a tobacco shop. | 你最好学学怎么卷这个 |
[53:46] | We were speaking of Morrison’s… | 我们正在谈论莫里森旅馆里 |
[53:48] | that Helen Dawes. She’s a fine girl. | 那个叫海伦・道斯的女孩 她可真不错 |
[53:53] | She’s the life of the place, she is. | 简直是旅馆里的一缕清风 |
[53:58] | Helen, is it? | 海伦是吗 |
[54:01] | That’s not the first time that name has been heard | 可不是头一次在这幢房子里 |
[54:03] | in this house, Mr. Nobbs. | 听到这个名字了 诺伯斯先生 |
[54:05] | Hubert took quite a shine to her, didn’t you, now? | 休伯特你相当中意这个姑娘 是不是 |
[54:07] | Well… | 这个嘛 |
[54:08] | Look at you, you’re all thumbs. Give it here to me. | 看看你 笨手笨脚的 让我来 |
[54:10] | I’m just saying, you know, | 我只是说说 |
[54:11] | if one day you should take it into your head | 要是哪天你心血来潮 |
[54:13] | to run off to America, | 去了美国 |
[54:14] | I might indeed try my luck with Miss Dawes. | 我确实有可能会到道斯小姐那试试运气 |
[54:17] | How can you deny that sweet little face | 你怎么拒绝得了那张甜美的小脸 |
[54:20] | and all those lovely blonde curls. | 还有那些可爱的金色卷发 |
[54:23] | – Gorgeous. – Try your luck, is it. | -美极了 -你还真想试试 |
[54:26] | I wouldn’t be getting my hopes up, Hubert Page | 我可不报多大希望 休伯特・佩吉 |
[54:28] | ’cause I have no intention of budging from this spot. | 说起来我可是没有挪窝的念头啊 |
[54:32] | There you go, Mr Nobbs! | 成了 诺伯斯先生 |
[54:50] | The shop is a sound idea, Albert. | 开店是个很好的点子 阿尔伯特 |
[54:53] | You’ve been shrewd all the way you’ve saved up money | 这些年你省吃俭用 |
[54:55] | all these years. | 有一定的积蓄 |
[54:57] | I don’t have enough yet. | 我现在还没有攒够 |
[54:59] | You have it all stashed under the mattress, | 你把所有的钱都藏在地板下面 |
[55:00] | is it Mr Nobbs? | 是不是诺伯斯先生 |
[55:03] | Easy now, little fellow! | 放轻松 伙计 |
[55:05] | Bring a little water. You’re all right? | 拿点水来 你还好吗 |
[55:11] | My Dad, now there was a boozer, | 我爸是个彻头彻尾的酒鬼 |
[55:14] | a fierce whore for the drink. | 嗜酒如命 |
[55:16] | None of us ever slept. | 我们几个孩子从来就没安稳睡过 |
[55:18] | We’d be lying there, | 我们只能躺在那 |
[55:19] | shivering with the fright, waiting for him to come home, | 胆战心惊 等着他回家来 |
[55:23] | knowing that if he did, | 在他前脚迈进大门的一刻 |
[55:25] | there’d be no place to hide. | 我们便知道自己无处可藏了 |
[55:31] | Then he’d get up in the morning with no memory of having beat | 他早上醒来后却完全不记得 |
[55:34] | the stuffing out of us the night before. | 昨晚把我们痛打了一顿 |
[55:40] | You know what kept me from killing him? | 你知道我为什么没杀他吗 |
[55:42] | What? | 为什么 |
[55:46] | The thought of getting on a boat and hopping it to America. | 乘船去美国的信念 |
[56:11] | ALBERT NOBBS Tobacconist. | 阿尔伯特・诺伯斯烟草店 |
[57:19] | – Good evening, Miss Dawes. – Evening, Mr. Nobbs. | -晚上好 道斯小姐 -晚上好 诺伯斯先生 |
[57:27] | Miss Dawes, | 道斯小姐 |
[57:40] | I was wondering, Miss Dawes | 道斯小姐 我在想 |
[57:42] | if you would care to come out for a walk. | 你是否能赏脸陪我散散步 |
[57:45] | Pardon me, Mr. Nobbs? | 您说什么 诺伯斯先生 |
[57:49] | I’m off duty at three tomorrow and | 我明天三点下班 |
[57:52] | – if you’re not engaged… – “Engaged”? | -若是你还待字闺中 – “待字闺中” |
[57:56] | No, I’m not engaged, Mr. Nobbs. | 当然 我尚未订婚 诺伯斯先生 |
[58:02] | But are you asking me to “Walk out” With you? | 这算是约会吗 |
[58:06] | I am. | 是的 |
[58:13] | Well the thing is, I’m walking out with Joe Mackins. | 可事实上 我正在跟乔・麦金斯约会 |
[58:17] | I don’t know what he’d say if I started | 要是让他知道我们一起出去的事 |
[58:18] | walking out with you, as well. | 不知道他会怎么想 |
[58:21] | Ah, yes! | 我明白了 |
[58:27] | – Good night, Miss Dawes. – Mr. Nobbs. | -晚安 道斯小姐 -诺伯斯先生 |
[58:36] | He asked you to go for a walk?! | 他请你陪他去散步 |
[58:39] | That’s a good one. The sly old dog! | 真行啊 老狐狸 |
[58:47] | Why don’t you go for a walk with the charmer, then? | 不如你就去陪陪那家伙吧 |
[58:50] | What? | 什么 |
[58:51] | Yeah, why not? | 没错 干嘛不呢 |
[58:53] | There’s a whiff of money off him. | 那家伙身上还有些闲钱 |
[58:56] | Maybe he can take you out. | 说不定他能带你出去 |
[58:58] | Have a good time! | 玩得开心 |
[59:02] | And what about you? | 那你呢 |
[59:04] | I’m not the jealous type. | 我可不是那种醋坛子 |
[59:08] | Come here to me, Helen Dawes. | 到我这来 海伦・道斯 |
[59:11] | If he lays a hand on you, | 要是他敢对你动手动脚 |
[59:13] | I’ll wring his scrawny neck, so help me I will! | 我就拧断他那小细脖 说到做到 |
[59:21] | Poke him up. | 探探他的底 |
[59:22] | See what he’s after. | 看看他到底想要什么 |
[59:25] | Get him to take you somewhere fancy. | 让他带你去些高级的地方 |
[59:29] | Get him to buy you something sweet… like yourself. | 要他给你买些配得上你的好东西 |
[59:36] | Be sure not to keep him waiting. | 千万别把他给晾着了 |
[59:38] | Not for me. Oh no, not for Joseph. | 这可不是为了我 不是为了约瑟夫 |
[1:00:03] | Were you afraid I wasn’t coming? | 你担心我不会来吗 |
[1:00:06] | Not very. | 还好 |
[1:00:21] | Did you see that one? | 看到那个了吗 |
[1:00:23] | Did you see that dress? | 你看见那件裙子了吗 |
[1:00:25] | Five guineas if it was a penny. | 少说也得要5便士 |
[1:00:28] | – Five guineas? – At least. | -5便士 -起码 |
[1:00:34] | Oh, Lord, I love the smell of roasting coffee. | 上帝 我真是爱死烘焙咖啡的味道了 |
[1:00:41] | Would you like to go in? | 你想进去喝一杯吗 |
[1:00:47] | All right. | 可以啊 |
[1:01:01] | Look at the chocolates! | 看看这些巧克力 |
[1:01:04] | Aren’t they gorgeous? | 它们真是可爱极了 |
[1:01:07] | I’m afraid they’d cost a lot. | 恐怕花费不少吧 |
[1:01:10] | Oh, well… | 你要这么说 |
[1:01:14] | we’ll go somewhere else… | 那我们就找个别的 |
[1:01:16] | somewhere cheaper. | 便宜点的地方算了 |
[1:01:18] | No, please. | 不 没事的 |
[1:01:51] | May I help you? | 请问需要什么 |
[1:01:53] | We’d like some chocolate, please. | 请给我们上些巧克力来 谢谢 |
[1:01:55] | What kind of chocolate? | 哪种口味 |
[1:01:58] | Just chocolate. | 巧克力就行 |
[1:02:01] | Dark chocolate? Milk chocolate? | 是要黑巧克力 还是牛奶巧克力 |
[1:02:03] | Creams? Caramels? Nougat? Nuts? | 奶油的 焦糖的 杏仁糖的还是果仁的 |
[1:02:06] | No, a box of chocolates. | 不是 我要的是一盒巧克力 |
[1:02:10] | To take with us. | 我们带走 |
[1:02:12] | Oh, to take with you… | 是外带啊 |
[1:02:14] | And not something to drink? | 不要喝的吗 |
[1:02:16] | No. A… BOX… OF… CHOCOLATES! | 不是 我要一盒巧克力 |
[1:02:19] | – One of those. – Which one? | -那边摆的就行 -哪一盒 |
[1:02:22] | – Which one? – That one | -你要哪一盒 -那一个 |
[1:02:25] | with the two ladies. No, no, wait… | 印着两位女士的 不 不 等等 |
[1:02:29] | that one, with the soldier and the lady. | 我要那一个 印着士兵与女士的 |
[1:02:33] | Wait, I can’t decide! | 再等会 我决定不了 |
[1:02:39] | …then my Dad died, and I had to go out to work. | 后来我爸爸死了 我不得不出来工作 |
[1:02:42] | First I was in service, | 一开始我帮别人做佣工 |
[1:02:44] | then I served behind the counter in a shop for a while. | 后来我在一家店里站了一段时间的柜台 |
[1:02:50] | In a shop? | 在店里吗 |
[1:02:52] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:02:54] | In a draper’s. | 一家服装店 |
[1:02:56] | Treated like dirt by any bloody bitch with sixpence to spend. | 被那些仗财欺人的贱人们呼来喝去 |
[1:03:01] | Where did you live? | 你住在哪 |
[1:03:03] | I had my own room. | 我有自己的房间 |
[1:03:07] | Above the shop? | 在阁楼上吗 |
[1:03:10] | Yes, above the shop. | 是的 在阁楼上 |
[1:03:18] | Do you know what, Mr. Nobbs, | 知道吗 诺伯斯先生 |
[1:03:21] | I think you are the strangest man I’ve ever met. | 我觉得你是我遇过的最奇怪的人 |
[1:03:27] | Chocolates-three shillings six pence. | 巧克力 3先令6便士 |
[1:03:31] | If every time we walk out is to cost three and six… | 如果我们每次出去都是这个开销 |
[1:03:34] | fourteen shillings per month. | 那就是每月14先令 |
[1:03:36] | Twice, that is twenty-eight shillings a month… | 出去两次的话 那就是每月28先令 |
[1:03:40] | two boxes a week… | 每周两盒 |
[1:03:41] | At this rate… sixteen pounds six shillings a year. | 照这个速度 一年就得16磅6先令 |
[1:03:46] | Oh Lord! | 上帝啊 |
[1:04:21] | Perhaps I’d only need to court her for three months…? | 也许这样的殷勤我只用献3个月 |
[1:04:46] | Here. | 给你 |
[1:04:49] | Is this the best you could do? | 你就这点功夫 |
[1:04:51] | At least he bought me something! | 最起码他肯为我花钱 |
[1:04:52] | Oh, look at you Miss high-and-mighty. | 瞧瞧这位大小姐 |
[1:04:54] | Lord Albert put ideas in your head, did he? | 阿尔伯特大人是不是让你动心了 |
[1:04:56] | You should have seen him pay for it. Blood from a turnip. | 你真该看看他付钱的样子 像割肉一样 |
[1:05:00] | He must be sweet on you then, eh? | 那说明他肯定对你很好 |
[1:05:03] | – Next time… – Next time?! | -下次 -还有下次 |
[1:05:06] | Ask him for a bottle of something. | 叫他跟你买一瓶 |
[1:05:09] | What sort of something? | 买一瓶什么 |
[1:05:10] | Whisky. | 威士忌 |
[1:05:12] | A good bottle of malt. | 要上好的麦芽威士忌 |
[1:05:14] | I like a drop of malt. Say it’s for your brother. | 我就好这一口 就说是为你弟弟带的 |
[1:05:17] | – I haven’t got a brother. – He won’t know that. | -我没有弟弟 -他又不会知道 |
[1:05:22] | I’ve walked out before, | 约会归约会 |
[1:05:22] | but never with the likes of Albert Nobbs. | 可我从来没跟像阿尔伯特・诺伯斯这样的人约会 |
[1:05:25] | He’s a freak, is what he is. | 他就是个怪物 就这么简单 |
[1:05:27] | He has manners, at least. | 可最起码他有礼貌 |
[1:05:29] | Not like some people I could mention. | 不像某些人 |
[1:05:31] | His manners won’t get you to America now, will they? | 他再礼貌也没办法带你去美国 不是吗 |
[1:05:35] | What? | 什么 |
[1:05:38] | I may not have manners, | 我可能没有礼貌 |
[1:05:42] | but I swear I’m getting us out of here. | 但是我发誓一定会让咱俩离开这里 |
[1:05:47] | There’s no hope for us here, Helen. | 要知道这里对于我们没有希望 海伦 |
[1:05:52] | None. | 丁点都没有 |
[1:05:55] | All my life I’ve dreamed of getting out | 我这辈子就想着摆脱这个鬼地方 |
[1:06:00] | and nothing is going to stop me. | 什么都阻止不了我 |
[1:06:03] | America’s the only place for people like me. | 对于我这种人来说 美国是唯一的选择 |
[1:06:06] | Over there, I’d learn fast and work hard. | 在那里 我会勤学苦干 |
[1:06:08] | And we could have a life! | 最终我们能有自己的生活 |
[1:06:14] | Will you chance it with me? | 你愿意和我冒这个险吗 |
[1:06:19] | Will you? | 你愿意吗 |
[1:06:23] | Yes. | 愿意 |
[1:06:26] | I love you, Joe. | 我爱你 乔 |
[1:06:29] | I love you! | 我爱你 |
[1:06:33] | Why are we going this way? | 为什么我们要朝这边走 |
[1:06:35] | You’ll see. | 待会你就知道了 |
[1:06:37] | Can we not stop and have a cup of tea somewhere? | 我们就不能停下来找个地方喝杯茶吗 |
[1:06:40] | My heels are raw, we’ve walked that far. | 脚后跟都磨破了 走了这么远 |
[1:06:49] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[1:06:52] | Just imagine. | 你想象一下 |
[1:06:53] | Blue door, cream walls inside, | 蓝色的门 里面是米色的墙 |
[1:06:57] | nice curtains on the upstairs windows. | 楼上的窗户上垂着精致的窗帘 |
[1:07:01] | Up there a sign: | 上边挂个牌子 |
[1:07:04] | TOBACCONIST Albert Nobbs. | 阿尔伯特・诺伯斯烟草店 |
[1:07:07] | What do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[1:07:13] | It’s big enough for a shop | 这里大得足够开店 |
[1:07:16] | and for… | 也足够 |
[1:07:19] | for people to live above. | 足够人在楼上住了 |
[1:07:27] | It’s a very desirable property, | 这块地皮非常好 |
[1:07:30] | and can only appreciate, the agent said so. | 而且地价只涨不跌 中介是这么说的 |
[1:07:33] | In fifteen years, it will fetch three times what it’s worth now. | 15年后 它的价值将会是现在的3倍 |
[1:07:38] | Sell up then, | 到那时再把它卖掉 |
[1:07:40] | move to some place by the sea… | 搬到海边的某个地方 |
[1:07:44] | I’ve always wanted to live by the sea. | 我一直向往临海的生活 |
[1:07:49] | You haven’t moved in and you’ve already got yourself retired. | 还没创业就想着退休了 |
[1:07:53] | But I just… | 可我只是 |
[1:07:54] | I just wanted to show it to you. | 我只是想让你看看 |
[1:07:57] | You ask me to come out with you. | 你求我陪你出来 |
[1:07:59] | You walk me off my feet, and we end up in this back-alley! | 你让我走断了脚 却把我带进这穷街陋巷 |
[1:08:03] | I’ve spent my life trying to get out of holes like this. | 我拼死拼活为的就是要离开这种地方 |
[1:08:06] | Helen? | 海伦 |
[1:08:08] | Helen! | 海伦 |
[1:08:13] | Please take me back. | 求你带我回去吧 |
[1:08:15] | I’m tired. | 我累了 |
[1:08:23] | Thanks for the bottle. | 谢谢你的酒 |
[1:08:28] | And the hat. | 还有那顶帽子 |
[1:08:31] | Oh yes… thank you! | 是的 谢了 |
[1:08:38] | Where does he live? | 他住在哪 |
[1:08:40] | Who? | 谁 |
[1:08:41] | – Your brother. – My brother? | -你弟弟 -我弟弟 |
[1:08:44] | Oh! My brother! | 你是说我弟弟啊 |
[1:08:46] | In… in… Mallow. | 他住…住在马洛 |
[1:08:51] | But he often comes up to Dublin. | 但他经常来都柏林 |
[1:09:00] | Joe! | 乔 |
[1:09:03] | Joe! | 乔 |
[1:09:10] | Joe Mackins! | 乔・麦金斯 |
[1:09:11] | You nearly made me wet myself. | 你差点把我吓尿裤子了 |
[1:09:17] | – Here. – What’s this? | -给 -这是什么 |
[1:09:20] | Well well… | 可以啊 |
[1:09:22] | So his nibs coughed up, did he? | 大官人竟然舍得花钱了 |
[1:09:27] | This is good stuff! Good girl. | 这货真不错 好姑娘 |
[1:09:37] | Now see if you can screw a few quid out of him. | 再陪他的时候看能不能从他身上弄点钱 |
[1:09:39] | A few quid? | 弄点钱 |
[1:09:41] | The first one’s allways the hardest. | 万事开头难 |
[1:09:43] | But after that, it’s like shelling peas. | 但在那之后 一切都轻而易举了 |
[1:09:46] | You don’t know Albert Nobbs | 你要是指望着阿尔伯特・诺伯斯的钱去美国 |
[1:09:47] | if you think we can get him to pay our way out of here. | 那你真是太不了解他了 |
[1:09:50] | He wouldn’t give you the steam off his water! | 他可是真真正正的一毛不拔 |
[1:09:52] | He bought you those chocolates, didn’t he? | 巧克力是他买的 是不是 |
[1:09:54] | And now this? | 现在又是这个 |
[1:10:01] | Oh and the hat. | 还有那顶帽子 |
[1:10:06] | So you got him hooked? | 这么说他是上钩了 |
[1:10:13] | Has he tried any…? | 他有没有 |
[1:10:17] | – What? – You know. | -什么 -你知道的 |
[1:10:27] | Next time you go out with him, | 下次你跟他出去的时候 |
[1:10:30] | work him up a bit, | 在他身上下点功夫 |
[1:10:33] | see of what he’s made of. | 看看他是什么做的 |
[1:10:35] | See if there’s a sting in him. | 看看他带”把”没 |
[1:10:37] | I’m not going out with him anymore. | 我再也不会跟他出去了 |
[1:10:39] | How else we gonna get to America? | 不这样我们怎么去美国 |
[1:10:44] | You have to walk out with him | 只要他口袋里还有钱 |
[1:10:45] | as long as there is a bob in his pocket, | 你就得去陪他 |
[1:10:46] | and you have a hand to pull it out. | 你就得把钱拿到手 |
[1:10:58] | Come back tonight? | 今晚回来吗 |
[1:11:07] | Should I tell her before we’re married? | 我是在婚前就把真相告诉她呢 |
[1:11:13] | Or save it for the wedding night? | 还是在新婚之夜 |
[1:11:20] | But she might call the police, | 但是她有可能会报警 |
[1:11:22] | who’d take us both to the station! | 我们两人都会被带进警局 |
[1:11:27] | If only I’d been able to ask Hubert | 要是我能问问休伯特是怎么处理的 |
[1:11:31] | how she did it! | 就好了 |
[1:11:36] | She was like this when we came in. | 我们来的时候她就这样了 |
[1:11:40] | Is she going to die? | 她会死吗 |
[1:11:42] | – Has anyone else been here? – No, only us. | -还有人来过这吗 -没有 只有我们 |
[1:11:47] | Leave her with me. | 让我来处理吧 |
[1:11:50] | And wash your hands, all of you, scrub them in carbolic. | 记得洗手 所有人都用石碳酸皂洗手 |
[1:11:52] | Mother of God, is it the fever, | 圣母啊 这是伤寒 |
[1:11:54] | is it? | 是不是 |
[1:11:57] | Go on! | 去吧 |
[1:11:58] | Don’t say anything to anybody. | 别跟任何人提起这事 |
[1:11:59] | I’ll talk to Mrs. Baker. | 我会跟贝克夫人谈谈的 |
[1:12:03] | And wash your hands! | 记得洗手 |
[1:12:21] | Never mind! | 别管了 |
[1:12:27] | Amelia, for God’s sake…! | 艾米利亚 看在上帝的份上 |
[1:12:31] | Come on! | 快来 |
[1:12:37] | Monsieur Pigot! | 皮高特先生 |
[1:12:38] | Monsieur Pigot, I insist | 皮高特先生 我得坚持 |
[1:12:39] | that you not leave without paying your bill. | 您不能不付钱就走啊 |
[1:12:41] | Send it on. | 账单寄给我 |
[1:12:43] | But where is my man? Where is my Patrick! | 可我的人呢 我的帕特里克在哪 |
[1:12:46] | Why isn’t he here? | 他为什么不在这 |
[1:12:48] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[1:12:49] | Everything is impossible! | 一切都乱套了 |
[1:12:52] | But there’s only one girl who died and she was | 但是死的只有一个女孩 她还是来之前病的 |
[1:12:54] | sick before she came here. This is my livelihood. | 这可是我的全部生计啊 |
[1:12:57] | I’m sorry! | 抱歉 |
[1:12:59] | This is the way I earn my living! You destroy me! | 这可是我的饭碗啊 你这是要我的命 |
[1:13:07] | Closed typhoid fever | 停业 伤寒爆发 |
[1:13:41] | Mr. Nobbs? | 诺伯斯先生 |
[1:14:33] | Joe… | 乔 |
[1:14:37] | There’s something I have to tell you. | 有件事我得告诉你 |
[1:14:40] | What’s that, then? | 是什么 |
[1:14:47] | Is it something I want to hear? | 是不是我想听的 |
[1:14:52] | I’m expecting. | 我有了 |
[1:14:57] | I’m gonna have a baby. | 我怀孕了 |
[1:15:29] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[1:16:06] | I’ll take care of you. | 我会照顾你的 |
[1:16:14] | Don’t you worry. | 你不要担心 |
[1:16:16] | Come here. Come here. | 来 来 |
[1:16:50] | I’m ruined… finished! | 我完了 彻底完了 |
[1:16:56] | You do have a great gift for exaggeration, Duchess. | 未免言过其实了吧 夫人 |
[1:16:59] | I am? | 难道不是吗 |
[1:17:01] | I’m mortgaged up to my ears | 我把全部家当都抵押上了 |
[1:17:03] | and I have an office full of unpaid bills. | 柜台里却只有满叠的欠单 |
[1:17:07] | If the guests are afraid to return… | 要是房客们不敢回来的话… |
[1:17:12] | Come on, Madge, | 别担心 玛琪 |
[1:17:14] | you’ll rise again. | 景况会好起来的 |
[1:17:20] | I surely would have perished without you! | 要是没有你我可怎么办啊 |
[1:17:33] | Good morning, Mr. N! | 早上好 诺伯斯先生 |
[1:17:35] | Sweet Jesus and all the saints in heaven… Mr. Nobbs! | 天哪 您竟如此憔悴 诺伯斯先生 |
[1:17:39] | Will you eat something? | 想吃点什么吗 |
[1:17:42] | Have you some porridge? | 有麦粥吗 |
[1:17:44] | Yes, of course. | 有的 |
[1:17:46] | Mr. Nobbs! | 诺伯斯先生 |
[1:17:48] | Thank the Lord you’re well again! | 感谢上帝 您终于康复了 |
[1:17:54] | Is Helen safe? | 海伦还好吗 |
[1:17:56] | Oh yes, she’s all right. | 她很好 |
[1:17:57] | Blooming you could say. | 简直就是活蹦乱跳 |
[1:18:01] | The fever never touched her. | 她后来没再发烧 |
[1:18:05] | And, the others? | 其他人呢 |
[1:18:07] | My Patrick… My Patrick is gone! | 我可怜的帕特里克…他…病故了 |
[1:18:14] | Hundreds of others in town. | 镇上死了好几百人 |
[1:18:16] | We don’t even know how many in the country. | 村里的死人也多得数不清 |
[1:19:22] | What am I going to do? | 我该如何是好 |
[1:19:25] | Mr. Page… | 佩吉先生 |
[1:19:30] | The two of us could always set up together… | 我们可以联手开店 |
[1:19:36] | I mean… | 我的意思是 |
[1:19:39] | perhaps we could pool our money | 可以把我们俩的钱凑一凑 |
[1:19:43] | and buy a bigger shop. | 买下一个更大的店面 |
[1:19:46] | We could run it together. | 一起经营 |
[1:19:48] | Just like you and Cathleen did. | 就像你和凯瑟琳那样协作 |
[1:19:52] | You could keep at the house painting, | 你可以继续做油漆工 |
[1:19:55] | and I could run the shop. | 我来管店 |
[1:20:01] | What are you saying? | 你在说什么 |
[1:20:03] | Perhaps… | 如果要我 |
[1:20:09] | I could live here… like Cathleen. | 像凯瑟琳那样住在这里…也行 |
[1:20:15] | Neither of us would be alone. | 同甘共苦 相濡以沫 |
[1:20:22] | You can’t just… | 你不要就这样… |
[1:20:34] | She was my world. | 她是我生命的全部 |
[1:20:43] | We loved each other. | 我们深爱着彼此 |
[1:20:53] | Come with me. | 跟我来 |
[1:21:08] | She made them all herself. | 这些都是她亲手做的 |
[1:21:25] | They are very beautiful. | 真是太漂亮了 |
[1:21:29] | I can’t remember what it’s like. | 我都忘记自己穿裙子的样子了 |
[1:23:59] | Albert, | 阿尔伯特 |
[1:24:02] | you don’t have to be anything but who you are. | 你就是你 没必要做别人 |
[1:24:06] | Look at how you have survived all these years. | 这么多年你一直在夹缝中求生存 |
[1:24:10] | You’ve worked hard, you’ve saved your money. | 努力工作 赚钱糊口 |
[1:24:13] | So if you want to go out and find someone | 如果你想找个合适的人 |
[1:24:15] | to start a new life with | 共同开始新的生活 |
[1:24:17] | then you go out and find that person. | 别再犹豫 大胆去做吧 |
[1:24:22] | – I didn’t say that, Joe! – Well I’m not deaf, am I! | -我没说过 乔 -你当我是聋子吗 哼 |
[1:24:25] | I know what you said. You couldn’t help yourself! | 我懂你的意思 再明显不过了 |
[1:24:26] | Why would I ever say that? | 我干嘛要那样说 |
[1:24:28] | Because it’s what you think. | 因为你心里就是那样想的 |
[1:24:30] | – It’s not fair, Joe! – Tell me what’s fair. | -这不公平 乔 -告诉我什么是公平 |
[1:24:33] | Tell me, tell me, tell me what you think it’s fair. | 你说 说啊 什么才是公平 |
[1:24:36] | I’m all fucking ears. | 我受够你了 |
[1:24:38] | Nothing in this whole bloody place! | 我在这鬼地方一分钱都没得到 |
[1:24:40] | That’s what! | 这就是所谓的公平 |
[1:24:43] | Good job. | 棒极了 |
[1:24:45] | Good, good job. | 真他妈的棒极了 |
[1:24:48] | Are you all right, Mr. N? | 您没事吧 诺伯斯先生 |
[1:24:53] | Are you all right? | 您没事吧 |
[1:25:10] | She’s not worth it, you know. | 她不应该这样作践自己的 |
[1:25:13] | She’s just full of that Joe Mackins. | 为了乔・麦金斯 她付出了一切 |
[1:25:17] | And he’s a waster, if ever I met one. | 但他是个极品人渣 |
[1:25:21] | And he’s pushed her in the family way. | 因为怀孕的事冲她发火 |
[1:25:24] | And now they’re talking about going to America. | 他们正说着要去美国 |
[1:25:28] | It’s completely show. | 这是个十足的骗局 |
[1:25:31] | Mark my words! | 记住我的话 |
[1:25:34] | He’ll never take her. | 他肯定会抛下她的 |
[1:25:37] | Not now! Not ever! | 从来都是 |
[1:26:18] | It’s a pity this place isn’t nearer Morrison’s. | 抱歉 这里离莫里森花园不是很近 |
[1:26:24] | You think we’d be let out to walk in it if it was? | 近的话就可以进去溜达吗 |
[1:26:28] | It’d be Lord and Lady Snot | 在花园草坪上游玩嬉耍的 |
[1:26:30] | swanking it up and down the grass, | 是贵族和夫人们 |
[1:26:33] | Not you and me. | 不是我们这种人 |
[1:26:39] | You and Joe have been down to the sea, haven’t you? | 你和乔去过海边了 是吗 |
[1:26:44] | And what if we have? | 那又怎么样 |
[1:26:46] | Well, it’s just that I don’t think it’s right | 我只是觉得一个女孩子家 |
[1:26:49] | for a girl to be keeping company with two fellows. | 脚踩两只船不太好 |
[1:26:53] | And I thought… | 而且我觉得… |
[1:26:55] | What did you think? | 你什么意思 |
[1:26:59] | That you didn’t care for me enough. | 你不够关心我 |
[1:27:03] | Enough for what?! | 关心什么 |
[1:27:06] | We’ve been walking out, so-called, for awhile now. | 我们约会有一阵子了 |
[1:27:10] | It’s not natural to be just talking, | 动口不动手可真是怪怪的 |
[1:27:13] | never wanting to put your arm around a girl’s waist. | 都没抱过我的腰 |
[1:27:15] | But that’s for when we’re married… | 这是结婚以后才能做的事… |
[1:27:18] | Married?! | 结婚? |
[1:27:21] | This is the first time you said anything about getting married. | 第一次听到你说起结婚 |
[1:27:25] | I’ve put a deposit on the shop. | 那家店 我已经下定金了 |
[1:27:28] | A hundred pounds. | 100镑 |
[1:27:30] | The agent says he has another offer | 中介称别人也想买 |
[1:27:33] | and that we have until Monday to decide. | 我们必须在周一之前决定 |
[1:27:36] | After that we’ll loose the deposit. | 否则不退定金 |
[1:27:39] | “We”? | 我们 |
[1:27:41] | We’ll make a great success of our shop. | 我们的店会赚大钱的 |
[1:27:44] | People will be coming to see us, | 人们争相上门 |
[1:27:46] | and having tea with us | 在大厅里 喝着茶 |
[1:27:48] | in the parlor… | 和我们谈生意 |
[1:27:50] | And our wedding will be a great… wonder. | 我们将会有个梦幻般的婚礼 |
[1:27:56] | A great wonder? | 梦幻般的 |
[1:27:59] | Oh, it would be that, all right! | 是啊 没错 |
[1:28:01] | Sometimes I think you’re soft in the head, did you know that? | 你是不是脑子进水了 |
[1:28:05] | What kind of a man would ask a girl to marry him | 有哪个男人亲都不亲一下 |
[1:28:08] | without ever having so much as kissed her? | 就直接向女孩子求婚的 |
[1:28:11] | You must not love me if you don’t want to kiss me. | 不想亲我就表明不爱我 |
[1:28:14] | I don’t wanna marry a man | 我才不会嫁给一个 |
[1:28:15] | who is not in loved with me. | 不爱我的人 |
[1:28:18] | But… | 但… |
[1:28:22] | I do love you! | 我是真心爱你的 |
[1:28:34] | You call that kissing? | 这也叫亲吗 |
[1:28:45] | That’s the way people in love kiss! | 这才是真正的爱情之吻 |
[1:28:48] | That’s the way Joe Mackins kisses me! | 乔・麦金斯就是这样亲我的 |
[1:28:51] | That’s the way I like to be kissed. | 这种亲吻才是我所渴望的 |
[1:28:55] | I’m going home. | 我要回去了 |
[1:28:57] | Helen! | 海伦 |
[1:28:58] | Helen, wait… | 海伦 别走 |
[1:29:00] | You’re a fool of a man! | 你是个笨男人 |
[1:29:02] | If you think me a fool of a man, | 如果你觉得我是…笨男人 |
[1:29:03] | why did you walk out with me? | 为什么还要跟我出来约会 |
[1:29:05] | I don’t know why! | 我也不知道哪根筋搭错了 |
[1:29:06] | I wish I hadn’t! | 现在我后悔了 |
[1:29:08] | Anyway, you won’t have to worry about that any more. | 请你以后不要再为我操心了 |
[1:29:11] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[1:29:13] | Please Helen, wait! | 海伦 请别走 |
[1:29:14] | What about the shoes and stockings I ordered for you. | 我还为你订做了鞋子和袜子呢 |
[1:29:17] | – What should I do with them? – I’ll take the stockings. | -叫我怎么办 -袜子我会来拿的 |
[1:29:19] | – And the shoes? – And the shoes! | -那鞋子呢 -也会来拿的 |
[1:29:20] | And you’ll wear them when you walk out with Joe Mackins? | 你不会穿着它们和乔・麦金斯约会吧 |
[1:29:22] | Yes! | 当然会 |
[1:29:23] | He won’t take you to America! | 他不会带你去美国的 |
[1:29:26] | He’ll leave you here. | 他会丢下你们 |
[1:29:27] | You and the baby. | 你 还有孩子 |
[1:29:29] | He will. He’ll leave you. | 他一定会丢下你们的 |
[1:29:32] | No. | 不 |
[1:29:34] | – He will not leave me! – You would be safe with me. | -他不会丢下我 -跟着我才可靠 |
[1:29:36] | – He will not leave me. – I will take care of you both. | -他不会抛弃我 -我会照顾你们娘俩 |
[1:29:39] | Stop it! | 别说了 |
[1:29:41] | Why do you say that? | 为什么要说这事呢 |
[1:30:16] | It’s snowing. | 下雪了 |
[1:30:20] | Don’t worry about the hat. | 别担心帽子会弄湿 |
[1:30:23] | I’ll buy you another one. | 我再给你买一顶 |
[1:30:25] | No! | 不用了 |
[1:30:29] | Goodbye! | 再见 |
[1:31:11] | Your Ladyship! | 尊敬的夫人 |
[1:31:15] | How wonderful to see you back. | 再次光临 不胜荣幸 |
[1:31:18] | – Miss Shaw… – Thank you! | -肖女士 -谢谢 |
[1:31:19] | I put you in your usual rooms. | 我按老规矩给您留了房间 |
[1:31:23] | There, now. | 那边 |
[1:31:24] | Joseph will look after you. | 约瑟夫会替你们料理的 |
[1:31:27] | Out of my way! | 借道 |
[1:31:29] | Out of my way! | 借道 |
[1:31:33] | Hop to it, you lazy fellow! | 干活 你个懒虫 |
[1:31:35] | Hop to it! | 快点干活 |
[1:32:06] | What’s that? | 这是什么 |
[1:32:08] | I never eat anything blue. Please take it away! | 蓝色的东西我从来不碰 拿走 |
[1:32:17] | Am I the last to know? | 为什么不早点告诉我 |
[1:32:20] | I’ll throw her out, the brazen hussy. | 我要撵她走 这个贱女人 |
[1:32:22] | I’ll throw them both out! By God I will! | 把他们全撵走 说得出做得到 |
[1:32:25] | You’ll do no such thing. | 你才不是这样的人 |
[1:33:21] | I can’t do it, Helen. | 不行 海伦 |
[1:33:24] | I hate myself for it, but I can’t. | 我也不想这样 但是不行 |
[1:33:26] | It’s the same old story and you know it. | 你也知道这不是第一次争执了 |
[1:33:29] | And how many times have you seen it happen? | 为了孩子的事都争了多少次了 |
[1:33:35] | It shouldn’t have happened! | 不应该怀孕的 |
[1:33:36] | But it did happen! | 但事实已经发生了 |
[1:33:37] | But it happened to soon! | 所以我们又得争一次 |
[1:33:43] | It’ll change us. | 孩子会改变我们 |
[1:33:46] | It will change me. | 也会改变我 |
[1:33:50] | And I don’t wanna be that person, Helen! | 我不想成为那样的人 海伦 |
[1:33:55] | I don’t wanna be my fuckin’ Dad! | 我不想成为那种该死的父亲 |
[1:33:59] | I can’t even fucking read! | 我他妈都不识字 |
[1:34:04] | Joe… | 乔 |
[1:34:18] | Mr. Nobbs. | 诺伯斯先生 |
[1:34:19] | What do you want? | 您想干嘛 |
[1:34:29] | Helen… | 海伦 |
[1:34:30] | There’s nothing more to say. Please go away! | 不要再来纠缠我了 请走开 |
[1:34:32] | Wait! | 别这样 |
[1:34:34] | Marry me. | 嫁给我 |
[1:34:35] | I’ll take care of the two of you. | 我会照顾你们的 |
[1:34:37] | You and the child. | 你和孩子 |
[1:34:39] | He’ll never take you to America. | 他不会带你去美国的 |
[1:34:41] | What do you know, you miserable, little prick! | 你胡说些什么 可怜虫 窝囊废 |
[1:34:44] | You were all talk just now. | 你们刚才在说什么 |
[1:34:45] | Say to me what you were saying to her! | 说说你都给她讲了些什么 |
[1:34:47] | Joe! Stop it! | 乔 别这样 |
[1:34:48] | You won’t… you won’t… take her to America. | 你不会…不会…带她去美国 |
[1:34:51] | That is none of your fucking Goddamned business! | 关你屁事 |
[1:34:53] | Joe! Stop it! | 乔 住手 |
[1:34:57] | Don’t you hurt her! | 不许伤害她 |
[1:34:59] | Don’t you hurt her! | 不许伤害她 |
[1:35:11] | Please get a hold of yourself! | 别冲动 |
[1:35:13] | Don’t you put your fucking hands on me! | 你他妈的竟敢还手 |
[1:35:16] | No, no! Please! | 不 不 别这样 |
[1:36:02] | You did this to us! | 真是乱套了 |
[1:36:03] | You’re a boozer, Joe Mackins, | 你是酒囊饭桶 乔・麦金斯 |
[1:36:05] | – Just like your father. – I’m not like that bastard. | -和你爹一个德性 -才不是呢 |
[1:36:07] | A boozer and a dirty bully! | 酒囊饭桶 下流混蛋 |
[1:36:08] | Get your paws off me, you fucking nancy-boy, | 离我远点 你个死娘娘腔 |
[1:36:10] | Or I’ll smash your fucking face! | 小心我揍烂你的脸 |
[1:36:11] | I don’t want you anymore. | 我们分手 |
[1:36:18] | I don’t want you. | 分手 |
[1:36:37] | – Joe! – Helen, no! | -乔 -海伦 别 |
[1:36:39] | No, no, no. Come with me. | 别 别 跟我走 |
[1:37:19] | Mr. Nobbs? | 诺伯斯先生 |
[1:38:28] | Coal, please. | 请加点木炭 |
[1:38:30] | Lucy, would you go downstairs and get some coal. | 露西 去楼下拿点木炭好吗 |
[1:38:34] | A big load of coal. This has got to be kept red hot. | 大块头的 烧红的那种 |
[1:38:50] | 黑布丁:含有猪血的香肠 | |
[1:38:50] | We have chicken livers, bacon, black pudding, | 鸡肝 熏肉 黑布丁 |
[1:38:53] | black pudding, prunes, sausages, jam, milk. | 黑布丁 西梅 香肠 果酱 牛奶 |
[1:38:57] | Yeah, we got everything. Now watch out! | 很好 都齐了 小心一点 |
[1:39:11] | Mr. Nobbs? | 诺伯斯先生 |
[1:39:34] | Mr. Nobbs? | 诺伯斯先生 |
[1:39:43] | Albert? | 阿尔伯特 |
[1:39:52] | That’s fine. I’ll take it from here. | 行了 下面的事交给我吧 |
[1:41:02] | Oh, Albert Nobbs… | 天哪 阿尔伯特・诺伯斯 |
[1:41:32] | Dear Jesus, I don’t know what makes people live | 上帝啊 人怎么会 |
[1:41:35] | such miserable lives. | 过得这么惨 |
[1:41:55] | Rubbish. | 垃圾 |
[1:42:15] | Oh, my god! | 天哪 |
[1:42:35] | Albert Nobbs, a woman? | 阿尔伯特・诺伯斯是个女人? |
[1:42:37] | Yes! Did you not hear about it? | 是的 没听说吗 |
[1:42:39] | It was in all the papers. | 都上报纸了 |
[1:42:41] | I mean the death was bad enough, | 我是指她的死已经够惨了 |
[1:42:43] | but then all those years, and no one suspecting! | 但是这么多年 居然没人怀疑 |
[1:42:46] | Not even you, and you slept here, in the same bed with him. | 甚至连你 都不知道同枕共眠的 |
[1:42:51] | Her. | 是个女人 |
[1:42:53] | And Dr. Holloran left us. | 霍伦安医生走了 |
[1:42:58] | Took off to England but, | 去了英格兰 |
[1:42:58] | what’s her name, Mary! | 你猜她的本名是什么 玛丽 |
[1:43:01] | Said he was tired of secrets. | 报上说”他”厌倦了多年的隐秘身份 |
[1:43:03] | Can you imagine! | 你能想象吗 |
[1:43:05] | And that good for nothing Joe Mackins went off to America, | 乔・麦金斯去美国对我们毫无益处 |
[1:43:07] | and left me with an unwed, hussy of a maid, | 丢下一个未婚先孕的贱人 |
[1:43:11] | with a brat. | 还有一个拖油瓶 |
[1:43:12] | Now, Mr. Page, I have a heart. | 佩吉先生 我心肠好 |
[1:43:15] | I couldn’t throw her out into the streets | 没她赶出大门 流落街头 |
[1:43:17] | and call myself a Christian, now could I. | 我可是虔诚的基督徒 |
[1:43:20] | Oh, My Lordship! | 尊敬的夫人 |
[1:43:26] | I trust you’re finding your suites satisfactory. | 但愿这礼服能让您称心如意 |
[1:43:30] | Splendid, Mrs. B. Splendid. | 非常棒 贝克太太 做工精良 |
[1:43:33] | However, we seem to have | 还有 我们好像 |
[1:43:35] | misplaced the key to the connecting door. | 把房门钥匙弄丢了 |
[1:43:38] | Could you have your man open it for us? | 能否找人帮忙开一下 |
[1:43:40] | I’ll have it done right away! | 马上替您办妥 |
[1:43:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:43:44] | I have an apetite. | 我饿了 |
[1:43:48] | Lovely, lovely people. | 多么可爱的人啊 |
[1:43:52] | So you want the whole place painted? | 您打算粉刷整栋房子吗 |
[1:43:54] | Yes, top to bottom. | 不错 彻底粉刷 |
[1:43:56] | You’ll have to hire in help, I should think. | 你得雇些帮手 |
[1:43:58] | Well, it’s a big job. | 没错 这是个巨大的工程 |
[1:44:00] | It won’t be cheap, Madam. | 价格不菲 夫人 |
[1:44:01] | Oh, don’t worry about that. | 钱不是问题 |
[1:44:03] | I came into a bit of money. | 我刚好还有些积蓄 |
[1:44:07] | A bit of good fortune. | 一点点小钱 |
[1:44:09] | Well, to work, Mr. Page! | 开工吧 佩吉先生 |
[1:44:12] | I’ve put you up in Albert’s old room. | 你可以住在阿尔伯特的房间 |
[1:44:15] | For old time’s sake. | 缅怀故人 |
[1:45:39] | Mother. | 妈妈 |
[1:46:01] | Mr. Page! | 佩吉先生 |
[1:46:04] | Hello, Helen Dawes! | 你好 海伦・道斯 |
[1:46:07] | I heard Mrs. Baker say you were coming. | 我听贝克夫人说您会来 |
[1:46:10] | Well, it’s a big job she wants me to do. | 有项大工程 |
[1:46:14] | Good. | 挺好的 |
[1:46:18] | May I? | 可以抱一下吗 |
[1:46:40] | His name is Albert. | 他叫阿尔伯特 |
[1:46:46] | Albert Joseph. | 阿尔伯特・约瑟夫 |
[1:46:49] | So, it’s a “He”, is it? | 如此说来 是个男孩吗 |
[1:47:02] | So, Mrs. Baker is letting you stay? | 贝克夫人同意你们留下了 |
[1:47:04] | Oh, she told you that, did she? | 她主动跟你讲的吧 |
[1:47:07] | Out of the kindness of her Christian heart? | 她真是心肠好啊 |
[1:47:13] | The truth is, Mr. Page… The truth is… | 事实上 佩吉先生…事实上 |
[1:47:19] | She says she won’t tell the priest about my Albert | 她的条件是要我在这里无偿劳动 |
[1:47:20] | as long as I work here for nothing. | 否则就向牧师揭发孩子的身份 |
[1:47:28] | But they are going to take him away from me… | 他们会把孩子带走的 |
[1:47:32] | you know they will… | 你知道他们的手段… |
[1:47:39] | and they will throw me out onto the street. | 然后把我赶出大门 沦落街头 |
[1:47:45] | It’s just a matter of time. | 迟早的事情 |
[1:47:52] | Well now… | 现在不会了 |
[1:47:56] | We can’t let that happen, can we? | 我们不会让这种事发生的 |