时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | I don’t know about you guys, | 不管你们怎么打算的 |
[00:02] | but I am ready for a nap. | 我是一定要打个盹的 |
[00:05] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[00:06] | I don’t get this. | 实在搞不懂 |
[00:07] | Isn’t lunch supposed to give you energy? | 午饭难道不该提供能量吗 |
[00:09] | I miss kindergarten. | 真怀念幼儿园的时候啊 |
[00:12] | Nap time. | 午睡时间 |
[00:14] | What? I thought we were all on the same page. | 怎么了 我还以为这是我们的共识呢 |
[00:19] | Afternoon, people. | 下午好 各位 |
[00:21] | Now, that’s a meal that would energize me. | 这才是提供能量的午饭 |
[00:24] | You think so, huh? | 你真这么想 |
[00:26] | But when fast food is all you eat, | 如果你只吃快餐的话 |
[00:27] | you energy kind of evens out. | 你的能量基本就收支平衡了 |
[00:29] | The only thing you eat is fast food? | 你只吃快餐吗 |
[00:31] | Oh, breakfast, lunch and dinner. | 早饭 午饭 晚饭 |
[00:33] | You’re my hero. | 真服了你 |
[00:34] | Why? Cooking’s great. | 咋了 做饭是挺好的 |
[00:36] | I’m no good at it, | 可惜我不擅长 |
[00:37] | but I wish I was. | 但我希望我擅长啊 |
[00:38] | I can’t even microwave popcorn without burning it. | 我用微波炉做个爆米花都会做糊 |
[00:40] | So, you never eat like a homecooked meal? | 那你从来没吃过家里做的饭吗 |
[00:42] | When my mom sends me care packages, I do, yeah. | 我妈给我寄过关怀包裹 算吃过 |
[00:45] | Mr. Dig, that’s just wrong. | 迪格老师 这是不对的 |
[00:46] | You need to take care of yourself. | 你要照顾好自己 |
[00:48] | You need to eat three proper meals a day and you need to eat | 你一天当中需要吃三顿合适的饭菜 |
[00:50] | meals that have all of your major food groups represented. | 必须吃到你所需的主要食品和营养物质 |
[00:53] | Uh-oh. Did I just sound like my mother? | 我刚才说的怎么跟我妈似的 |
[00:55] | I’m too young for that. | 我这么年轻 不该说出这些的 |
[00:57] | You know, I had a great dinner at Lizzie’s last night. | 我昨晚上在利齐家吃了顿好的 |
[00:59] | You mom makes the best meat loaf. | 你妈做的肉馅糕超好吃 |
[01:02] | Meat loaf? | 肉馅糕 |
[01:03] | You mom makes meat loaf? | 你妈会做肉馅糕 |
[01:06] | Well that’s one of my favorite. | 我爱肉馅糕啊 |
[01:08] | Yeah, Lizzie’s mom is a great cook. | 对的 利齐她妈厨艺很赞 |
[01:09] | Way better than my mom. | 比我妈好多了 |
[01:12] | Why do you think I spend so much time at your house? | 想想我为什么老要待在你家 |
[01:14] | Uh, the company. | 好朋友一起玩 |
[01:16] | Compared to the good eats, the company is secondary. | 相比好吃的东西 一起玩什么的都是次要的 |
[01:20] | If I didn’t like him so much, I’d hate him. | 要不是我很喜欢他 我肯定恨死他了 |
[01:24] | Mr. Dig, I’m sure my mom would not mind cooking dinner for you. | 迪格老师 我妈肯定乐意给你做顿饭的 |
[01:27] | When should I be there? | 我该啥时候去 |
[01:31] | Did I just invite Mr. Dig to dinner? | 我刚刚邀请了迪格老师吃饭 |
[01:33] | But you’re not supposed to see your teachers outside of school. | 但在学校之外的地方不该遇见老师啊 |
[01:36] | It’s like seeing Santa in blue jeans. | 怪得跟圣诞老人穿牛仔裤似的 |
[01:38] | Um, I’ll ask my mom and get back to you. | 我要先问一下我妈然后再答复你 |
[01:42] | What? Who said that? | 什么 谁在说话 |
[01:43] | ‘Cause I know it wasn’t me. | 肯定不是我 |
[01:45] | Oops, there’s the bell. | 打铃了 |
[01:47] | Don’t want to be late. | 别迟到 |
[01:50] | What were you thinking? | 你想什么呐 |
[01:51] | Inviting our teacher to dinner? | 邀请老师去家里吃饭 |
[01:55] | That’s what I’m trying to figure out. | 我也不知道自己发什么癫呢 |
[02:01] | If you believe | 如果你相信 |
[02:05] | We’ve got a picture-perfect plan | 我们事先就有一个绝妙的计划 |
[02:08] | We’ve got you fooled | 那你就错了 |
[02:11] | ‘Cause we only do the best we can | 我们不过是在尽力而为 |
[02:16] | And sometimes we make it | 有时候我们会取得成功 |
[02:20] | And sometimes we fake it | 有时候我们会把事情搞砸 |
[02:23] | But we get one step closer each and every day | 但我们离目标一天比一天近 |
[02:29] | We’ll figure it out on the way. | 我们会在途中解决一切难题 |
[02:34] | Lizzie McGuire S02E32 Dinner with Mr. Dig | |
[02:37] | Okay, so even though Mr. Dig is my favorite sub, | 好吧 即使迪格老师是我最喜欢的代课老师 |
[02:39] | I should never have invited him to dinner. | 我也不该邀请他来吃饭 |
[02:41] | But since I did, | 但介于我已经请了 |
[02:42] | you guys have to be on your best behavior. | 你们必须表现得好一点 |
[02:44] | Does that mean I shouldn’t sing? | 那我就不能唱歌了 |
[02:45] | Oh, I love it when he sings. | 我喜欢听他唱歌 |
[02:47] | Since when do you sing, Dad? | 爸你什么时候唱过歌 |
[02:49] | Well, rarely, because I’m always on my best behavior. | 很少唱 因为我一直都表现得很好 |
[02:51] | Lizzie, don’t worry, we are not that weird. | 利齐别担心 我们没那么神经兮兮的 |
[02:53] | Well, speaking of weird… | 说到神经兮兮的 |
[02:55] | Trust me, I’ve got too many problems of | 相信我 我自己问题够多了 |
[02:57] | my own to be worrying about yours. | 没时间管你的那些烂事儿 |
[02:59] | Good. That means no burping, belching | 很好 那不许打嗝 |
[03:01] | or making funny faces during dinner. | 也不许吃饭的时候做鬼脸 |
[03:02] | Okay, I can cut back on funny faces, | 听着 我同意不做鬼脸 |
[03:04] | but I don’t always have control over the burping and, uh… | 但我不能保证我能控制住我的 |
[03:11] | …belching. | 打嗝 |
[03:13] | And I don’t always have control | 我也不能保证不会 |
[03:15] | over when I’m going to crush you. | 控制不住自己而废了你 |
[03:17] | Okay, seriously, Matt, please. | 说真的 马特 拜托 |
[03:18] | This is really, really important to me. | 这事儿对我非常非常重要 |
[03:20] | I just want to get through dinner tonight | 我就想赶紧熬过今天的晚饭 |
[03:21] | as fast and painlessly as possible. | 越快越好 痛苦越少越好 |
[03:23] | You know, I want to get through the school year the same way. | 跟我想熬过这学年的感觉差不多 |
[03:26] | Guess we’re both out of luck, huh? | 咱俩好像都很倒霉喔 |
[03:29] | That’s Miranda. I’ll get it upstairs. | 是米兰达 我上楼去接 |
[03:31] | Matt, something wrong at school? | 马特 学校里有什么事吗 |
[03:34] | It’s my teacher, Ms. Chapman. | 是我的老师 查普曼小姐 |
[03:36] | You know, she used to be so nice and friendly | 她以前挺和蔼可亲的 |
[03:39] | but now it’s like she’s in a bad mood all the time. | 但现在好像情绪一直都很差 |
[03:42] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[03:43] | Well, she piles on the homework, | 她布置一大堆作业 |
[03:46] | gives us a time-out if we forget to raise our hand, | 我们说话前忘了举手就暂停讲课 |
[03:49] | and she made Lanny stay after school | 她还把兰尼留堂了 |
[03:51] | just because he threw away his gum the wrong way. | 就因为他扔口香糖的方法错了 |
[03:54] | What’s the right way? | 那应该怎么扔 |
[03:56] | It’s supposed to be neatly folded in a gum wrapper | 应该是干净地包在口香糖纸里 |
[03:58] | or a tissue or something, | 或者是纸巾之类的 |
[04:00] | otherwise it just sits there, bald, shriveled… | 否则它就会待在那儿 赤裸裸的 日渐干枯 |
[04:07] | …staring at you. | 一直盯着你 |
[04:11] | At least that’s what she says. | 至少她是这么说的 |
[04:14] | Well, you just hang in there, son. | 你就多忍一忍吧 儿子 |
[04:15] | Maybe her bad mood will go away. | 也许她的坏情绪自己就没了 |
[04:17] | Women are funny that way. | 女人这点最可笑了 |
[04:19] | What? Aren’t you? | 咋了 你难道不是吗 |
[04:21] | -Yeah. -See? | -是的 -看到了吧 |
[04:23] | Just keep the conversation moving. | 你就让谈话一直进行下去 |
[04:25] | You don’t want any lulls. | 不要有沉默的时候 |
[04:27] | They can be dangerous. | 沉默是很危险的 |
[04:28] | Yeah, awkward pauses make people say really | 是啊 尴尬的停顿会导致大家说蠢话 |
[04:30] | stupid things they wouldn’t ordinarily say. | 正常情况下嘴可没那么笨 |
[04:32] | Okay, so no lulls. | 好 不停顿 |
[04:34] | And don’t let your parents show him | 还有 别让你父母给他看 |
[04:36] | any of your baby pictures. | 你小时候的照片 |
[04:37] | Oh, and don’t let him see your room. | 别让他看你的房间 |
[04:39] | And whatever you do, don’t let him out of your sight. | 不管你做什么 都别让他离开你的视线 |
[04:42] | If left alone with anyone in your family, | 如果让他单独和你家人在一起 |
[04:44] | they can reveal your deepest, darkest secrets. | 他们就会暴露你最深最黑暗的一面 |
[04:47] | I don’t have any deep, dark secrets. | 我没什么见不得人的事 |
[04:50] | At least none that they know about. | 最少他们知道的里面没有 |
[04:51] | Okay, this is not helping, you guys. | 这些都没什么用啊 |
[04:54] | This situation is beyond help. | 我对这种情况也是爱莫能助啊 |
[04:55] | Yeah, you’re pretty much doomed. | 没错 你基本上死定了 |
[04:58] | Note to self: Get two new best friends. | 记得要做的事 找俩新的好朋友 |
[05:04] | Okay, he should be here, like, any minute. | 好的 他任何时刻都可能到的 |
[05:11] | What? Do I have something in my teeth? | 怎么了 我牙齿上有东西吗 |
[05:14] | No, not your teeth. | 没有 不是牙 |
[05:17] | Mom, can you do something about him? | 妈 你管管马特行不 |
[05:18] | Matt. | 马特 |
[05:20] | I didn’t do anything. | 我没干坏事啊 |
[05:21] | Guys, keep it that way. | 那就保持住状态 |
[05:22] | You know, honey, | 知道吗 亲爱的 |
[05:24] | this stuff is really good. | 这些东西还真好吃 |
[05:26] | Dad! | 爸 |
[05:26] | Honey, accidents happen. | 宝贝儿 意外是不可避免的 |
[05:28] | Here, let me help you. | 过来 我给你擦 |
[05:30] | -Come on. -All right. | -过来 -好的 |
[05:40] | I got it! I got it! | 我抓到了 抓到了 |
[05:42] | Get away from me! | 给我离远点 |
[05:48] | You want to get that? | 你愿意去开门吗 |
[05:52] | This can’t be happening | 不要这样啊 |
[06:00] | Hello. | 你好 |
[06:02] | Um, I brought pecan pie. | 我带了核桃派 |
[06:04] | Pecan pie! | 核桃派 |
[06:05] | I love pecan pie. | 我爱核桃派 |
[06:07] | It’s one of my favorites. | 那是我的最爱之一 |
[06:09] | Mine, too, but maybe I should have | 我也爱 也许我还该带 |
[06:11] | brought towels and stain remover. | 几条毛巾和去污剂 |
[06:14] | Come on in. I’m Jo. | 进来吧 我是乔 |
[06:16] | This is my husband Sam. | 这是我老公萨姆 |
[06:18] | Our son, Matt. | 我们的儿子 马特 |
[06:19] | And, of course, you know Lizzie. | 还有 利齐你本来就认识了 |
[06:21] | Digby Sellers. Pleased to meet you. | 迪格比・塞勒斯 很高兴见到你们 |
[06:23] | Digby Sellers? No! | 迪格比・塞勒斯 不 |
[06:26] | You’re Mr. Dig. Mr. Dig! | 你是迪格老师 迪格老师 |
[06:29] | Lizzie, nice to see you. | 利齐 很高兴见到你 |
[06:32] | You’ve got a little something stuck to your shoe there. | 你鞋上粘了点儿东西 |
[06:35] | I do? | 是吗 |
[06:39] | I do. | 真的是 |
[06:40] | Is it time for him to go yet? | 他该走了吧 |
[06:42] | So, listen, uh, we’re going to get cleaned up, | 那好吧 我们去整理一下 |
[06:44] | but maybe, Matt, you could take Mr. Sellers around, | 也许马特 可以带塞勒斯老师到处看看 |
[06:47] | show him the house. | 在屋里转转 |
[06:48] | Please, please, please call me Digby. | 别啊别啊 请叫我迪格比 |
[06:50] | -Digby. -Okay. | -迪格比 -好的 |
[06:52] | And you can call me Mortified. | 那么请叫我 尴尬女 |
[06:56] | Okay, Digby, let’s start in Lizzie’s room. | 好的 迪格比 我们从利齐的房间开始吧 |
[07:04] | He had a tour of your house? | 他参观了你们家 |
[07:06] | We did, and trust me, Gordo, | 是啊 相信我 戈多 |
[07:08] | it was totally disastrous in the beginning. | 一开始很崩溃的 |
[07:12] | But then having Digby at my house, | 但后来迪格比在我们家 |
[07:14] | it wasn’t so bad after all. | 挺好的 没那么恐怖 |
[07:15] | Who’s Digby? | 迪格比是谁 |
[07:17] | Wait. Did you just call Mr. Dig “Digby”? | 等一下 你刚才管迪格老师叫“迪格比” |
[07:20] | That’s so wrong. | 完全错误 |
[07:21] | Gordo, I told you, it was not as bad as I thought it would be. | 戈多 跟你说了没有我想的那么糟的 |
[07:25] | Plus, my parents were totally normal for a change. | 而且我爸妈也极为罕见地表现得很正常 |
[07:32] | And he and my dad have formed this bond | 他和我爸还因为某个 |
[07:34] | over some old rock band that I’d never heard of before. | 没听说过的老摇滚乐队谈得很开 |
[07:40] | Uh-oh, music can be a pretty strong connection. | 啊哦 音乐是很好的纽带 |
[07:43] | Lifelong friendships can be formed just because | 因为喜欢同一首歌很可能带来 |
[07:45] | two people like the same song. | 一生的友谊 |
[07:47] | Gordo, it was something they had in common. | 戈多 那只是他们共同的爱好而已 |
[07:49] | It’s not like my dad and Mr. Dig are | 又不意味着我爸和迪格老师 |
[07:50] | going to become friends now. | 要成为朋友什么的 |
[07:52] | Then what’s your dad doing here? | 那你爸来这里干什么 |
[07:54] | Huh? | 什么 |
[07:58] | That’s a question definitely worth repeating. | 这绝对是个需要重视的问题 |
[08:00] | Dad, wh-what are you doing here? | 爸 你来这儿干什么 |
[08:02] | Lizzie, I am really glad I found you. | 利齐 找到你真是太好了 |
[08:04] | Dad, is something wrong? | 爸 出什么事了吗 |
[08:05] | Not at all. | 没事 |
[08:06] | But you and mom never come to my school | 但你跟妈妈一向不来学校的 |
[08:08] | unless I accidentally left my lunch at home | 除非我把午饭落在家里 |
[08:10] | and that hasn’t happened since, like, fourth grade. | 但从四年级开始就没有发生过了 |
[08:12] | No, I was going crazy looking for this CD | 不是 我找这张CD找得快发狂了 |
[08:14] | that Dig and I were talking about last night, | 迪格昨晚上跟我聊到它来着 |
[08:16] | and guess what, I found it. | 猜猜怎么着 我找到了 |
[08:18] | It was wedged right in my car seat. | 就压在我车座的边边里 |
[08:20] | How cool. | 好棒棒啊 |
[08:21] | Now, don’t you have somewhere to be like, like work? | 那你现在不该在上班吗 |
[08:24] | Not really. I really need to find Digby, though, | 不管了 我急需找到迪格比 |
[08:26] | ’cause I think he’d like to hear this. | 他肯定想听这张碟 |
[08:28] | And I kind of like to hear you leaving. | 我肯定想听你说要离开 |
[08:30] | Um, why don’t you try the teachers lounge. It’s that way. | 看他在不在教师休息室吧 在那边 |
[08:33] | Thank you, David. | 谢谢 大卫 |
[08:34] | Oh, uh, Lizzie, by the way, | 利齐 顺便说一下 |
[08:36] | I am so glad you introduced us, ’cause he’s really a cool guy. | 真感谢你介绍我们认识 他真是个好人 |
[08:39] | Yeah, sure, Dad. Oh, my…! | 好吧爸爸 哦 天 |
[08:40] | What?! That is the worst thing I’ve ever heard. | 什么 这是我听到的最惨的事了 |
[08:43] | See you at home. | 回家见 |
[08:44] | Hey, Digby! | 嘿 迪格比 |
[08:47] | The planet must be misaligned or something. | 这个星球肯定是移位了 |
[08:49] | Mr. Digs at your house; your father is here. | 迪格老师去你们家 你爸来学校 |
[08:52] | It’s not normal. | 很反常 |
[08:55] | What can I say? | 我还能说什么 |
[08:56] | Gordo’s totally right as usual. | 跟往常一样 戈多又对了 |
[09:01] | Okay, there’s no way Ms. Chapman can be mean to me today. | 好的 今天查普曼老师没理由针对我了 |
[09:06] | I’m wearing green. | 我穿的是绿色 |
[09:07] | Green is supposed to make people… happy. | 绿色让人心情愉快 |
[09:18] | Why didn’t anyone send me that memo? | 怎么没人提醒我啊 |
[09:22] | Wh-What does red mean? | 红色会有什么效果 |
[09:24] | OK, you’re on your own, Matt. | 好吧 你好自为之吧 马特 |
[09:32] | Morning, class. | 早上好同学们 |
[09:34] | Please take everything off your desk | 把桌上东西都收起来 |
[09:36] | except for a piece of paper | 只留一张纸 |
[09:38] | and write your names in the upper right hand corner. | 把名字写在右上角 |
[09:46] | Melina. Melina, hey. | 梅琳娜 梅琳娜 嘿 |
[09:47] | Uh, can I borrow a pen? | 借我根笔行吗 |
[09:49] | Mine kind of ran out of… | 我的笔没水了 |
[09:58] | Hello. | 早上好 |
[10:00] | Is this the way we behave during a pop quiz, Matthew? | 这是你在小测验的时候该做的吗 马修 |
[10:03] | By talking and disturbing your neighbors? | 找你周围的同学说话打扰她 |
[10:07] | I was just hoping to borrow a pen | 我就是想借支笔 |
[10:09] | ’cause you see, mine ran out of… ink. | 因为我的 你看 没水了 |
[10:12] | Oh, Matthew, Matthew, Matthew, Matthew. | 哦 马修 马修 马修 马修 |
[10:16] | Please, call me Matt. | 求你叫我马特行吗 |
[10:19] | Well, Matt, I hate to do this, | 马特 我不想这么做 |
[10:22] | but due to your lack of preparation and responsibility, | 但由于你缺乏准备和责任心 |
[10:25] | you’ve turned our pop spelling quiz into a pop vocabulary quiz. | 我们的拼写测验变成了词汇测验 |
[10:33] | Is this a zoo or a classroom? | 这里究竟是动物园还是教室 |
[10:36] | That’s what I thought. | 这才是我要的 |
[10:37] | Now, your first word is “responsibility.” | 好 你们要写的第一个词是 责任 |
[10:41] | Spell it correctly and write it in a sentence. | 正确地拼写出来 并造句 |
[10:49] | Miranda, you were so right about the facial thing. | 米兰达 关于面膜你说的真是太对了 |
[10:51] | I feel so much better about my dad and Mr. Dig. | 对于我爸和迪格老师我感觉好多了 |
[10:53] | In fact, I even feel like it’s okay. | 事实上 我觉得没事了 |
[10:55] | Excellent. | 非常好 |
[10:56] | Now, while the mask is drying and tightening your pores, | 等面膜变干收紧了你的毛孔 |
[10:59] | now is a good time to eat. | 吃点东西打发时间吧 |
[11:01] | Ice cream is good. | 冰淇淋最好了 |
[11:02] | Why ice cream? | 为什么是冰淇淋 |
[11:03] | I don’t know, but it sounds good, though, doesn’t it? | 不知道 听起来很好啊 不是吗 |
[11:06] | Hey, whatever you’re eating in there, save some for me. | 不管你在吃什么 留点给我成吗 |
[11:15] | Oh. Hi, Lizzie. | 嗨 利齐 |
[11:17] | Wait, I’ll call you back. | 我回头再打给你 |
[11:18] | Yeah, please. | 当然要打了 |
[11:19] | Mr. Dig, what are you doing here? | 迪格老师 你在这儿干嘛呢 |
[11:22] | Hey, Digby, hurry up. The game’s gonna start. | 迪格比快点 比赛要开始了 |
[11:24] | Lizzie, you’ve got some gunk on your face. | 利齐 你脸上沾了泥巴 |
[11:26] | As if I don’t know. | 好像我不知道似的 |
[11:28] | I’m cleaning my pores. | 我清理毛孔呢 |
[11:30] | All right, honey. | 好吧 亲爱的 |
[11:32] | Have fun cleaning, Lizzie. | 清理愉快 利齐 |
[11:37] | That’s it, my father and my teacher cannot be friends anymore, | 够了 我爸和我的老师不能再做朋友了 |
[11:40] | interfering with my life. | 妨碍我的生活 |
[11:47] | I can’t believe Ms. Chapman | 真不敢相信查普曼老师 |
[11:49] | didn’t make me wear a hat today. | 今天没让我戴耻辱帽 |
[11:51] | You weren’t late. | 你没迟到 |
[11:52] | You weren’t unprepared | 也没忘记课前准备 |
[11:54] | and you didn’t talk without raising your hand first. | 也没在说话之前忘记举手 |
[11:58] | Huh. I must be having an off day. | 我今天逃过一劫了 |
[12:00] | I don’t know how I’m going to make it through the school year. | 我都不知道该怎么熬过这个学年 |
[12:03] | I know. I mean, | 我也是 我是说 |
[12:04] | homework alone is torture. | 单独完成作业简直是酷刑 |
[12:07] | I asked my mom the other night for help | 我那天晚上找我妈帮我 |
[12:09] | and said she didn’t learn calculus… till college! | 她说她上大学之前都没学过算术 |
[12:13] | -Hey, you know what Clark Benson told me? -What? | -你知道克拉克・本森跟我说了什么吗 -什么 |
[12:15] | Ms. Chapman gets to school at 6:00 a.m. | 现在查普曼老师早上六点就到学校 |
[12:18] | and then she leaves like, really, really late | 很晚很晚的时候才离开 |
[12:19] | at night, every single day. | 很晚 每天都是 |
[12:21] | What does she do here for so long? | 她在这儿干什么要那么长时间 |
[12:23] | That’s easy– she figures out new ways | 很简单 她研究出了让我们 |
[12:24] | to make our lives miserable. | 过得更悲惨的新方法 |
[12:26] | She needs a hobby. | 她需要有个兴趣爱好 |
[12:28] | What she needs is a life– | 她需要更有意思的生活 |
[12:29] | or at least more friends. | 至少多一点朋友 |
[12:35] | Actually, that’s not a bad idea. | 事实上 这是个好办法诶 |
[12:41] | Man, have these birds got it made or what? | 老兄 这些小鸟可是赚到了 |
[12:43] | Oh, you’re telling me. | 可不是嘛 |
[12:44] | They’re getting room and board for free. | 它们免费得到了更多的空间 |
[12:48] | No. That’s not fair. | 不行 不公平 |
[12:50] | Mr. Dig got home from school before I did. | 迪格老师居然比我放学还早 |
[12:52] | That’s it. | 受够了 |
[12:53] | Time for Operation Breakup. | 是时候开始“决裂行动”了 |
[12:56] | Hey, you want a soda or something? | 你想喝个汽水什么的吗 |
[12:58] | You’ve got your hands full. I’ll get it. | 你忙着先 我去拿 |
[13:00] | Ms. McGuire. | 迈奎尔小姐 |
[13:02] | Shouldn’t you be doing your homework? | 你难道不该正在写作业吗 |
[13:04] | And to add more fuel to my fire, | 更让我气愤的是 |
[13:06] | I don’t need a homework monitor. | 我也不想多个管我写作业的 |
[13:10] | I’m just joking. You want a soda? | 我开玩笑呢 喝汽水吗 |
[13:13] | Hey, it’s my soda to offer, not yours. | 嘿 应该是我请你喝汽水 又不是你的 |
[13:17] | Nnn… no, thanks. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[13:20] | -Hey, Dad. -Hey, Lizzie. | -嘿 爸爸 -嘿 利齐 |
[13:21] | Check out this birdhouse Digby and I are making. | 看我和迪格比一起做的鸟窝 |
[13:23] | Pretty sweet, huh? | 很可爱 不是吗 |
[13:24] | Mm-hmm. All you need is cable now. | 是啊 就差安个有线电视了 |
[13:28] | So, Dad… You and Digby have been spending | 爸爸 你和迪格比最近 |
[13:30] | a lot of time together. | 经常在一起玩 |
[13:32] | I know. He is so much fun to hang out with. | 是啊 和他一起玩很有趣 |
[13:34] | Well, don’t you ever miss doing stuff by yourself? | 你不想念以前自己做东西的时候吗 |
[13:37] | Like what? | 什么时候 |
[13:37] | You know, like painting those lawn gnomes | 比如 给你喜欢的草地小精灵 |
[13:39] | that you like so much, or… | 上色啊 或者是 |
[13:40] | doing crossword puzzles, or… | 做填字游戏 或者是 |
[13:42] | roller disco. | 摇滚迪斯科 |
[13:43] | Roller disco? | 摇滚迪斯科 |
[13:45] | Yeah, I saw those pictures | 是啊 我看过那些你和妈妈 |
[13:46] | of you and Mom when you first met. | 第一次遇见的时候的老照片 |
[13:50] | Honey, that was a real long time ago. | 亲爱的 那都是多少年前的事了 |
[13:54] | What about those two friends of yours? | 你那俩好朋友呢 |
[13:56] | You know, the ones that have that chimp. | 养了只猩猩的那两个人 |
[13:57] | I haven’t seen them around in a while. | 有段时间没看到过他们了 |
[13:59] | Oh, Jeremy and David. | 杰瑞米和大卫啊 |
[14:01] | They’re off on vacation with Fredo. | 他们和弗雷多一起度假去了 |
[14:03] | Here we go, cool and refreshing. | 汽水来了 清爽提神 |
[14:05] | Hey, are you staying for dinner? | 嘿 你留下吃晚饭吗 |
[14:07] | Please say no. Please say no. | 拜托拒绝吧 拜托拒绝吧 |
[14:09] | You know how much I love Jo’s meat loaf. | 你知道我有多喜欢乔的肉馅糕的 |
[14:12] | Oh, too bad– I think we’re ordering in pizza, | 真不巧 我们今天准备订披萨的 |
[14:15] | and I know how sick you are of fast food, | 我知道你有多讨厌快餐 |
[14:17] | so I wouldn’t blame you | 所以如果你不留下来的话 |
[14:19] | if you didn’t want to stay. | 我也不会怪你的 |
[14:20] | You know, actually I haven’t had a pizza in about a week. | 事实上 我大概一周都没吃过披萨了 |
[14:23] | Slap on a few anchovies– I’m in. | 加点沙丁鱼更好 我留下了 |
[14:30] | Mom… can I talk to you about some stuff? | 妈 我能跟你谈点事儿吗 |
[14:33] | Sure, sweetie, what’s going on with you? | 行啊 亲爱的 怎么了 |
[14:35] | You were so quiet at dinner last night. | 昨天晚饭的时候你很沉默啊 |
[14:37] | Well, it’s hard to get a word in edgewise | 爸爸和迪格老师一开始说话 |
[14:39] | when Dad and Mr. Dig get started. | 就很难插得进嘴 |
[14:44] | It’s nice to see your dad make a new friend, though, isn’t it? | 不过看到你爸交了新朋友也挺高兴的 对吧 |
[14:47] | Not really. | 不太高兴 |
[14:49] | Actually, that’s what I wanted to talk to you about. | 实际我想跟你说的就是这事 |
[14:52] | I mean, I like Mr. Dig a lot, | 我是很喜欢迪格老师 |
[14:55] | and I’m really glad that he and Dad like each other, | 我也很高兴爸爸和他合得来 |
[14:58] | but… sometimes… | 但有时候 |
[15:02] | Sometimes I just wish that they weren’t friends. | 有时候我倒希望他们不是朋友 |
[15:04] | Oh, my gosh. | 我的天 |
[15:06] | I can’t believe it didn’t occur to me earlier. | 我怎么早没意识到这一点 |
[15:09] | This must be awkward to you. | 你肯定很不自在吧 |
[15:11] | I guess I just thought | 我会这么想只是因为 |
[15:12] | because you like Mr. Dig so much yourself… | 你特别喜欢迪格老师 |
[15:14] | -And I do like him. -He’s your favorite substitute teacher | -我是很喜欢他 -他是你最喜欢的代课老师 |
[15:16] | and I know I’ve heard you say | 我也听过很多次 |
[15:17] | how cool you think he is. | 你说他很酷 |
[15:18] | And he is cool, Mom, but I just… | 他是很酷 妈妈 但我只是 |
[15:21] | You know, it was all so clear before we started talking. | 我们开始谈话之前我思路还挺清晰的 |
[15:24] | You know what? I’m going to talk to your dad | 知道吗 我要跟你爸谈谈 |
[15:26] | because our home should be your sanctuary. | 因为我们的家本应是你的避风港 |
[15:30] | A place for all of us, all our friends, | 一个让我们全家 我们的朋友 |
[15:32] | to feel very comfortable. | 感到非常舒服的地方 |
[15:35] | Our friends? | 我们的朋友 |
[15:38] | And I guess that means Dad’s friends, too. | 我想那也包括爸爸的朋友 |
[15:42] | Even if he is my substitute teacher. | 即使他是我的代课老师 |
[15:45] | I mean, you guys don’t care | 我是说 你们大家也没介意过 |
[15:46] | when Gordo and Miranda come over here all the time. | 戈多和米兰达经常来咱们家 |
[15:49] | Do you still want me to talk to Dad? | 你还想让我跟爸爸谈吗 |
[15:52] | The only thing harder than asking Mom for help | 唯一比向妈妈求助还困难的事 |
[15:54] | is accepting that Dad and Mr. Dig are friends. | 是接受爸爸和迪格老师是朋友 |
[15:57] | I hate being so mature. | 我讨厌自己这么成熟 |
[16:00] | I’m not sure what I want right now. | 我都不知道自己到底要怎么样了 |
[16:02] | Well, you want me to give you | 我送你去学校吧 |
[16:04] | a ride to school on my way to the market? | 正好我要开车去超市 |
[16:06] | Your brother has invited his teacher over for dinner tonight. | 你弟弟邀请了他老师晚上来家里吃饭 |
[16:08] | What? Why? | 什么 为什么 |
[16:10] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[16:11] | Well, just as long as he knows | 只要他清楚 |
[16:13] | what he’s getting himself into. | 他在惹什么麻烦就好 |
[16:20] | Now remember, be nice to her. | 记住 对她要友善 |
[16:21] | Compliment her. Laugh at her jokes. | 赞美她 她说笑话的时候要笑 |
[16:24] | Matt, come on. If tonight is anything like the night | 马特别这样 如果今晚跟迪格老师那次一样 |
[16:27] | when we met Mr. Dig, you’ve nothing to worry about. | 那你就没什么好担心的了 |
[16:32] | That’s probably her. | 估计是她 |
[16:33] | Somebody answer it before she has time | 赶快去开门啊 免得她 |
[16:34] | to write a tardy slip. Quickly. | 给我写一张迟到登记单 快啊 |
[16:37] | I’ll go. | 我去开 |
[16:38] | -Sam. -Yeah? | -萨姆 -什么 |
[16:40] | You’ve got something on your tie– again. | 你领带上又沾了东西 |
[16:41] | Oh, man. Sorry, honey. | 天呐 对不起 亲爱的 |
[16:46] | Matt, you know, | 马特 知道吗 |
[16:47] | having your teacher over for dinner could be dangerous. | 请你的老师来家里会很危险的 |
[16:50] | But I-I want Mom and Ms. Chapman to be friends, | 但是我希望妈妈和查普曼老师成为朋友 |
[16:54] | like Dad and your teacher. | 就像爸爸和你老师一样 |
[16:56] | No, you don’t. | 不是吧 你可别 |
[16:57] | Yes. Yes, I do. | 是啊 我就这么想的 |
[17:01] | He’s young. | 他还嫩 |
[17:02] | He’ll learn. | 会尝到教训的 |
[17:08] | My husband’s always joking. | 我老公总是开玩笑 |
[17:10] | I wouldn’t know. I don’t have a husband. | 我怎么知道 我又没老公 |
[17:15] | Thank you for coming to my house for dinner, Ms. Chapman. | 感谢您来我们家吃饭 查普曼老师 |
[17:17] | You’re welcome, Matthew. | 不用谢 马修 |
[17:21] | “Matthew”? | 马修 |
[17:22] | Um, I’m… Matthew’s… older sister, Lizzie. | 我是 马修的姐姐 利齐 |
[17:25] | Hello, Lizzie. | 你好 利齐 |
[17:32] | Okay, here’s a lull. | 好吧 尴尬的沉默来了 |
[17:33] | Gordo and Miranda said to avoid them | 戈多和米兰达说要避免 |
[17:35] | because someone might say something embarrassing. | 因为有人会说丢人的话 |
[17:37] | Matthew didn’t stop sucking his thumb until he was, like, five. | 马修一直到五岁才不嘬自己的手指 |
[17:42] | My sister. | 我姐姐 |
[17:43] | She takes after my dad in the joke department. | 在开玩笑方面 她随我爸 |
[17:47] | Not very funny. | 一点都不好笑 |
[17:50] | I hope you’re hungry. | 希望你们都饿了 |
[17:51] | We’ve got a ton of food. | 我准备了好多吃的 |
[17:52] | I’ve got steak, potatoes… | 有牛排 土豆 |
[17:54] | Oh, I don’t eat meat. Or carbs. | 我不吃肉 也不吃碳水化合物 |
[17:58] | Well, we’ve got lots of salad. | 我们还有很多沙拉呢 |
[18:00] | Is there dressing? | 拌过了吗 |
[18:04] | Yes, a vinaigrette. I make it myself. | 拌过了 我自己调的酱汁 |
[18:06] | I prefer it dry. | 我喜欢没拌的 |
[18:11] | I’ll just make you a new one, then. | 那我再给你做一份 |
[18:16] | I’ll get that. | 我去开门 |
[18:18] | Any excuse to get out of the room. | 只要能有借口离开这里就行 |
[18:23] | So… you’re a teacher? | 那么 你是个老师 |
[18:25] | I’m friends with a teacher. | 我有个朋友也是老师 |
[18:27] | Actually, he’s a substitute teacher. | 事实上 是代课老师 |
[18:29] | Yeah. My sub, Mr. Dig. | 我的老师 迪格老师 |
[18:31] | Digby, actually. | 迪格比 准确地说 |
[18:32] | Digby. What Digby? | 迪格比 哪个迪格比 |
[18:34] | Digby Sellers. You know him? | 迪格比・塞勒斯 你认识吗 |
[18:36] | Yes. Well, no. | 是啊 呃 不 |
[18:38] | It’s been years. | 好多年不见了 |
[18:40] | He’s the reason why I went into teaching. | 正式因为他我才当老师的 |
[18:42] | He had such enthusiasm, such knowledge. | 他非常热情 学识渊博 |
[18:45] | Do you see him often? | 你们经常见他吗 |
[18:47] | Please, tell him I said hello. | 务必向他转达我的问候 |
[18:49] | Tell him yourself. | 自己跟他说 |
[18:55] | It is you. | 真的是你 |
[18:57] | Jasmine. | 茉莉 |
[18:59] | Jasmine? | 茉莉 |
[19:00] | It’s been a long time. | 好久不见 |
[19:03] | Too long. | 很久很久 |
[19:05] | I just came by to see my friend Sam | 我路过 来看看我的朋友萨姆 |
[19:09] | and give him back his CD. | 把他的CD还给他 |
[19:15] | -I burned a copy of track three. It rocks. -Cool. | -我拷了第三音轨的歌 超棒 -酷 |
[19:18] | Digby? | 迪格比 |
[19:21] | Yes, Jasmine. | 是的 小茉莉 |
[19:23] | I’m suddenly starving. | 我突然饿了 |
[19:26] | Well, that dry salad will just take a minute to make. | 没拌的沙拉再有几分钟就好了 |
[19:30] | -How’s Chinese sound? -Perfect. | -中国菜怎么样 -太好了 |
[19:32] | -That is, if you don’t mind? -Not at all. | -你不介意吧 -一点都不 |
[19:34] | Hey, I thought we were going | 我还准备跟你一起 |
[19:35] | to stay up and watch sports highlights later. | 熬夜看精选比赛集咧 |
[19:37] | Let them go, Sam, let them go. | 让他们走 萨姆 快让他们走 |
[19:39] | Matt. | 马特 |
[19:41] | Yeah? | 什么 |
[19:43] | Don’t worry about that extra homework. | 不要管那些额外的作业了 |
[19:45] | I have a feeling I won’t have time to grade it. | 我觉得我没时间批了 |
[19:48] | Excellent. | 太好了 |
[19:50] | Thank you for having me over. | 谢谢邀请我过来 |
[19:52] | Your home, no, your entire family, is just lovely. | 你们家 不 你们全家人都好可爱啊 |
[19:56] | Lovely. | 可爱啊 |
[19:59] | Shall we? | 我们走吧 |
[20:07] | Okay, what just happened here? | 好吧 刚才都发生了什么 |
[20:09] | I don’t know, but I think it was good. | 不知道 但我觉得非常好 |
[20:11] | Really good. | 真的非常好 |
[20:13] | I got to go call Lanny | 我要给兰尼打电话 |
[20:15] | and tell him Ms. Chapman has a first name. | 告诉他查普曼老师原来有名字的 |
[20:21] | So… should I still talk to your dad? | 那么 我还需要跟你爸谈吗 |
[20:26] | Hey, there, little gnome. | 你好 小精灵 |
[20:33] | On second thought, maybe some of Dad’s friends aren’t so bad. | 再想想 爸爸的某些朋友也许没那么糟 |
[20:43] | Well, this is our son, Matt | 这是我们的儿子 马特 |
[20:45] | and you know Lizzie. | 还有你认识利齐的 |
[20:47] | Where was I supposed to be looking? | 我该看哪儿啊 |
[20:49] | You need to eat a… | 你需要吃 |
[20:51] | You need… | 你需要 |
[20:55] | Did… Is something wrong? | 出什么事了 |
[20:57] | -What is it? -What is it? | -什么 -什么 |
[21:01] | And the only answer I can come up with | 我唯一能想到的答案 |
[21:03] | is just to break Mr. Dad and my Dig up. | 就是分开爹地老师和我迪格 |