时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Hey, honey, how was school today? | 嘿 亲爱的 今天在学校怎么样 |
[00:04] | Oh, school was wonderful. | 哦 今天挺不错的 |
[00:06] | Did you guys have a good day? | 你们今天过得好吗 |
[00:08] | It was okay. | 还行 |
[00:09] | Yeah, it was just fine. | 是啊 就一般般 |
[00:11] | Oh, look, you’re making your famous stroganoff. | 哦 瞧 你在做你最拿手的奶油口蘑牛肉丝 |
[00:15] | Oh, it’s my favorite. Mmm. | 哦 这是我最爱吃的 |
[00:17] | Are you in trouble, or do you want something? | 你是不是遇到什么麻烦了 还是你想要什么东西 |
[00:21] | I knew the stroganoff was going too far. | 我就知道提起奶油口蘑牛肉丝太过头了 |
[00:23] | Last time, I tried to feed it to the dog. | 上回 我想用它来喂狗 |
[00:25] | And we don’t even have a dog. | 而问题是我们家没有狗 |
[00:28] | Well, you know, Mom, Dad | 嗯 你们了解的 妈妈 爸爸 |
[00:29] | I’m… I-I’m 14 now, | 我现在 我现在已经十四岁了 |
[00:31] | and I have a lot more needs. | 我现在的需求增多了 |
[00:34] | And I don’t want to bug you guys every single time | 我不想每次想买什么东西的时候 |
[00:36] | that I need to buy something | 都来求你们 |
[00:38] | so, um… u-um… I want a raise on my allowance. | 所以 我想增加我的零用钱 |
[00:43] | How can you argue with that? | 这么充分的理由 你们怎么辩驳 |
[00:45] | -No. -No. | -不行 -不行 |
[00:48] | I guess that’s how. | 我猜你们会这样辩驳的 |
[00:49] | But all of my friends got raises. | 但是我所有的朋友的零用钱都增加了 |
[00:53] | Give them the sad eyes. | 给他们一个可怜的眼神 |
[00:54] | They can’t say no to the sad eyes. | 他们不能拒绝可怜的眼神 |
[00:57] | Oh, enough with the sad eyes. | 哦 我受够了可怜的眼神 |
[00:59] | Listen, if there’s something you really need, | 听着 如果有什么东西你真的很需要 |
[01:01] | just ask us and we’ll get it for you. | 就告诉我们 我们会帮你买的 |
[01:03] | You know, that’s just it, Dad. | 你知道吗 爸爸 就是因为这样 |
[01:05] | I don’t want to have to ask anymore. | 我不想再向你们要了 |
[01:06] | I’m not a little kid! I need freedom. | 我不是个小孩了 我需要自由 |
[01:10] | Well, when you earn money of your own | 那么 当你可以自己挣钱了 |
[01:12] | you can be free with that but until then, | 你就可以享受这种自由了 但是在这之前 |
[01:14] | you have to manage with your allowance the way that it is. | 你必须像以前一样控制你的零花钱 |
[01:17] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[01:23] | Yeah, well, your stroganoff tastes like an old shoe. | 是啊 那么 你的牛肉丝尝起来就像一只旧鞋 |
[01:25] | An old, smelly, burnt shoe. | 一只又旧 又臭 烧焦了的破鞋 |
[01:32] | If you believe | 如果你相信 |
[01:36] | We’ve got a picture-perfect plan | 我们事先就有一个绝妙的计划 |
[01:39] | We’ve got you fooled | 那你就错了 |
[01:42] | ‘Cause we only do the best we can | 我们只是在尽力而为 |
[01:47] | And sometimes we make it | 有时候我们会取得成功 |
[01:51] | And sometimes we fake it | 有时候我们会把事情搞砸 |
[01:55] | But we get one step closer each and every day | 但我们离目标一天比一天近 |
[02:01] | We’ll figure it out on the way. | 我们会在途中解决所有的难题 |
[02:05] | Lizzie McGuire S02E05 Working Girl | |
[02:09] | And they just said “no” about raising my allowance. | 他们就说不同意给我增加零花钱 |
[02:11] | Just like that, like, “No.” | 就像那样 就像 “不行” |
[02:14] | Well, did they say why? | 他们说为什么了吗 |
[02:16] | I think it’s because | 我认为是因为 |
[02:17] | they want complete and total control over my life forever. | 他们想完完全全永永远远控制我的生活 |
[02:21] | Not forever. Just until you turn 18. | 不是永远 只是在你十八岁之前 |
[02:23] | You’ve got four years to go. | 你只需再忍受四年 |
[02:25] | Four more years? | 还有四年 |
[02:26] | Don’t I get time off for good behavior? | 难道我不会因为表现良好而得到提前释放吗 |
[02:29] | I just hate running to them for every little thing. | 我只是讨厌每件小事都要去找他们 |
[02:32] | Lizzie, you could get a job. | 利齐 你可以找份工作 |
[02:34] | When I’m at the mall, and I want a pair of jeans | 当我在商场里看见一条我喜欢的牛仔裤的时候 |
[02:36] | I want to buy them. | 我就想买啊 |
[02:37] | Lizzie, you could get a job. | 利齐 你可以找份工作 |
[02:39] | I need independence and freedom. | 我需要独立和自由 |
[02:41] | But, no, they’ll never let me have that. | 但是 不 他们永远也不会让我拥有自由 |
[02:43] | Lizzie, you could get a job. | 利齐 你可以找份工作 |
[02:46] | A job? What a great idea! I could get a job! | 找份工作 真是个好主意 我是可以找份工作 |
[02:51] | Oh, I’m sorry. Were you saying something, Miranda? | 哦 抱歉 米兰达 你刚说啥来着 |
[02:55] | Huh? Oh, no, I think getting a job’s a great idea. | 嗯 没有 我觉得找份工作是个好主意 |
[02:59] | Uh, I think they’re looking for a new busboy. | 嗯 我想他们正在找一个服务员 |
[03:03] | Oh! I can clear do plates. I do that at home for free. | 哦 我可以洗盘子 我在家里的确免费洗过盘子 |
[03:09] | Oh, I can be the new busboy! Ooh, h-how do I look? | 哦 我可以做新服务员 哦 我看起来怎么样 |
[03:12] | You look like a busboy. | 你看起来就像是一个服务员 |
[03:13] | -Okay. -Go get ’em. | -行 -去赢得这份工作 |
[03:17] | Looks like there’s a new busboy in town. | 来瞧瞧 镇上又有一个新服务员了 |
[03:19] | McGuire’s batting a thousand on the job front. | 迈奎尔在面试中打败了千余人 |
[03:23] | -So, when do you start? -I start tomorrow. | -那么你何时开始工作 -我明天开始工作 |
[03:25] | But I thought we were all | 但是我以为我们 |
[03:27] | supposed to hang at the mall tomorrow. | 明天要一起去逛商场 |
[03:29] | Oh, well, we can hang here instead. It’ll be fun. | 哦 我们可以在这里玩玩 也会很有趣的 |
[03:31] | Are you sure? We don’t want to get you in trouble. | 你确定吗 我们不想让你陷入麻烦 |
[03:34] | Oh, no, I think it’ll be fine. | 哦 不会 我觉得应该没事的 |
[03:35] | Plus, I think I can swing | 再者说了 我想我应该可以 |
[03:36] | for some free drinks for my friends. | 给我的朋友弄点免费的饮料 |
[03:38] | Free? Free is my favorite number. | 免费 免费是我最喜欢的价格 |
[03:45] | Matt, something up with you? | 马特 你怎么了 |
[03:47] | You didn’t even notice I threw the ball. | 我投球过去的时候你根本没注意到 |
[03:51] | Oh. | 哦 |
[03:53] | Now I know something’s wrong. | 现在我知道 你的确有什么事 |
[03:54] | Even Lanny said you’ve been awful quiet lately. | 连兰尼都说你这几天安静得奇怪 |
[03:58] | It’s just, Reggie | 瑞吉 那只是因为 |
[03:59] | I don’t think Melina wants to be friends with me anymore. | 我认为梅琳娜不想再和我做朋友了 |
[04:02] | I thought things were good. | 我还以为你们之间很顺利呢 |
[04:04] | She hasn’t gotten you in trouble for days. | 她好几天没惹你的麻烦了 |
[04:06] | Exactly, and Jared Ferguson | 正是因为如此 而贾里德・弗格森 |
[04:08] | has been in detention for nearly a week now. | 却被关禁闭快一个星期了 |
[04:11] | It doesn’t take a genius to put two and two together. | 傻子都可以看出来 |
[04:15] | Melina has moved on. | 梅琳娜变心了 |
[04:18] | You’re better off without her, man. | 没有她你的生活会更好 老兄 |
[04:20] | It’s just I don’t understand girls. | 这只是因为我不了解女孩 |
[04:22] | Nobody understands girls. ‘Cept maybe a girl. | 没人了解女孩 除非她自己就是个女孩 |
[04:28] | Talk to me. | 给我讲讲 |
[04:30] | Maybe you need to talk to a girl. | 也许你需要找个女生谈谈 |
[04:32] | But I don’t know any. | 但我一个也不认识 |
[04:34] | What about Lizzie? | 利齐怎样 |
[04:35] | Ew! Lizzie’s not a girl! She’s my sister. | 呃 利齐才不是女孩呢 她是我姐姐 |
[04:40] | But she’s the closest thing you’ve got. | 但是她是离你最近的女孩 |
[04:43] | So, this is what rock bottom looks like. | 所以 这是我唯一可以选择的路了 |
[04:49] | Hey, Matt, hurry up, honey. You’re going to be late for school. | 嘿 马特 快点 宝贝 你上学要迟到了 |
[04:52] | Sweetheart, leave all that. | 宝贝 不要管那些了 |
[04:54] | Oh, it’s no problem, Mom. | 哦 没关系 妈妈 |
[04:56] | It’s okay; I was nearly done anyway. | 没事 我差不多快吃完了 |
[04:59] | Okay… you’ve been good for two days in a row. | 好吧 你连着两天都表现得很好 |
[05:01] | What have you done? | 你干了什么 |
[05:03] | Um… okay, I got a job. | 嗯 好吧 我找了份工作 |
[05:07] | -A job? -A job? | -一份工作 -一份工作 |
[05:08] | Yeah. I am the new busboy at the Digital Bean. | 是的 我现在是数字豆的新服务员了 |
[05:11] | Well, honey, I think you should have | 呃 亲爱的 我觉得你在找工作前 |
[05:12] | talked to us before getting a job. | 应该和我们俩谈谈吧 |
[05:14] | But now I don’t have to ask you guys for money | 但是现在我不需要再向你们要钱了 |
[05:16] | and now you don’t have to raise my allowance. | 你们也不用给我加零花钱了 |
[05:18] | It’s a win-win situation. | 这是个双赢局面啊 |
[05:20] | But Lizzie, work is a huge responsibility. | 但是 利齐 工作是一个巨大的责任 |
[05:22] | Yeah, you have your homework and your friends | 是啊 你有你的家庭作业 你的朋友 |
[05:25] | and your chores– I mean, it’s a lot to handle. | 还有你的杂事儿 我是说 你怎么应付得来呢 |
[05:27] | But, Mom, it’s just a busboy job. | 但是 妈妈 这只是个服务员工作 |
[05:29] | I mean, I’ll clean some tables | 我的意思是我就是擦擦桌子 |
[05:31] | I’ll see Gordo and Miranda and | 我可以见到戈多和米兰达 |
[05:32] | do my homework in between times. | 还能穿插着做我的作业 |
[05:34] | I still think it’s a lot to take on, but you know what? | 我还是认为要做的事太多了 但是你知道吗 |
[05:36] | You’re old enough to make your own decisions, so… | 你现在已经长大了 可以自己做决定了 所以 |
[05:39] | Thanks, Mom. Thanks, Dad. I can totally handle this. | 谢谢 妈妈 谢谢 爸爸 我完全可以掌控这一切 |
[05:43] | Welcome to the rat race. | 欢迎进入竞争社会 |
[05:48] | Mom, Mom! Where’s Lizzie? | 妈妈 妈妈 利齐在哪儿 |
[05:50] | She just left. | 她刚走 |
[05:51] | Oh, I really needed to talk to her. | 哦 我真的需要和她谈谈 |
[05:53] | Oh, well, you can talk to me, sweetie. | 哦 那么 你可以和我谈谈 亲爱的 |
[05:55] | Sorry, Mom but I need to talk to a girl. | 抱歉 妈妈 但是我需要找个女孩谈谈 |
[06:07] | There you go. | 给你 |
[06:12] | This job thing rocks. I’m free, I’m independent! | 这个工作太好了 我自由了 我独立了 |
[06:16] | No one tells me what to do! Aah! | 没人告诉我我应该怎么做 啊 |
[06:18] | Lizzie, front and center. I need you to roll silverware. | 利齐 过来 给我卷一下餐具 |
[06:27] | Impressive. Now you can turn pro. | 相当不错 现在你可以去卷那些了 |
[06:40] | Ooh. What now? | 哦 现在干什么 |
[06:42] | You’re done for the day. | 你今天的工作结束了 |
[06:43] | -Really? -No, but that gets them every time. | -真的吗 -不 但这每次都可以骗到他们 |
[06:46] | Now you’re going to take all the silverware | 现在你需要把这些餐具 |
[06:47] | and put it on the floor. | 放在地上 |
[06:48] | Great. | 好的 |
[06:55] | Lizzie, just a hint. When I said “Put it on the floor” | 利齐 那只是个隐语 我说把它们“放在地上” |
[06:57] | I didn’t really mean the floor. | 我并不是真的指地板 |
[06:59] | Yeah, I got it. | 是啊 我明白了 |
[07:01] | Good. And I’m going to need you to roll some more silverware. | 那就好 我先需要你再去卷些餐具 |
[07:08] | Juice, no ice, keep them coming. | 果汁 不要冰 不停地给我 |
[07:18] | Excuse me, worm, I don’t pick up after you at home, | 打扰一下 可怜虫 我在家里不跟在你后面收拾 |
[07:20] | and I don’t plan on picking up after you here, okay? | 我也不想在这里跟在你后面收拾 明白吗 |
[07:22] | So, don’t make a mess. | 所以不要把这里弄乱 |
[07:29] | Lizzie, I can’t believe I’ve sunk this low | 利齐 我实在不能相信我会这么低声下气 |
[07:32] | but I really need to talk to you. | 但我真的需要和你谈谈 |
[07:35] | Matt, what’s it about? | 马特 有什么事 |
[07:36] | You see, it’s about Melina. She’s… | 嗯 是关于梅琳娜的事 她 |
[07:39] | Uh, Lizzie, what are you doing? | 嗯 利齐 你在干啥呢 |
[07:40] | I-I’m talking to my little brother. | 我 我在和我的弟弟说话 |
[07:41] | Um, can I have a second? | 嗯 能给我点时间和他聊聊吗 |
[07:43] | What do you think? | 你认为呢 |
[07:44] | I-I think that I’m not being paid to talk to my brother. | 我认为你给我钱不是为了让我和我弟弟聊天的 |
[07:48] | You’re psychic. | 你很聪明 |
[07:49] | So, you already know | 所以 你已经知道了 |
[07:50] | the ketchup bottles need to be refilled. | 那些番茄酱瓶子要加满 |
[07:51] | I’m free, I’m independent! | 我是自由的 我是独立的 |
[07:54] | I just have Dragon Boss breathing down my neck. | 我有一个母夜叉老板紧紧的盯着我 |
[07:57] | Okay. | 好的 |
[08:01] | Hey, Matt. | 嘿 马特 |
[08:02] | -Uh, where’s Lizzie? -Over there. | -嗯 利齐在哪里 -那边 |
[08:04] | How’s her, uh, first day? | 她的 嗯 第一天过得怎么样 |
[08:14] | Pretty much like that. Uh, juice me. | 就和那样差不多 嗯 再给我杯果汁 |
[08:19] | Hitting the juice pretty hard there, aren’t you, Matt? | 你是不是一直在这里猛喝果汁呢 马特 |
[08:23] | You wouldn’t understand. | 你不会理解的 |
[08:25] | You see I need to talk to a girl, | 我需要找个女孩谈谈 |
[08:26] | but Lizzie’s the only one I know and she’s busy. | 但是利齐是我唯一认识的女孩而她现在很忙 |
[08:30] | Matt… I’m a girl. | 马特 我是个女孩 |
[08:33] | Hey, you are, aren’t you?! | 嘿 你是个女孩 对吧 |
[08:35] | Nothing gets past you, does it? | 什么也瞒不住你 是吧 |
[08:37] | You see it’s about Melina. | 你瞧 是关于梅琳娜的事 |
[08:41] | She’s getting someone else in trouble. | 她现在给别人惹麻烦 |
[08:43] | Someone who’s not me. | 而不再找我的麻烦 |
[08:45] | -And…? -Juice me. | -然后 -再给我杯果汁 |
[08:52] | I think she’s moved on. | 我觉得她变心了 |
[08:54] | I’m going to let you handle this one. | 我准备让你来搞定他 |
[08:57] | You know | 你知道吗 |
[08:58] | Melina doesn’t realize how good she has it. | 梅琳娜还没意识到她所拥有的东西的价值 |
[09:02] | -What do you mean? -Matt, you’re a great kid. | -你是什么意思 -马特 你是个好孩子 |
[09:05] | -I am? -Totally. | -我是吗 -绝对是 |
[09:06] | -You really think so? -Absolutely. | -你真的是这样想的 -当然啦 |
[09:09] | And if Melina can’t see that | 而且如果梅琳娜不能认识到这一点 |
[09:11] | then she’s not worth it. | 那她就不值得你喜欢 |
[09:12] | Not bad. | 干得不错 |
[09:13] | Wow, you really think I’m a great kid? | 喔 你真的认为我是个好孩子 |
[09:17] | Yeah, I really do. | 是的 我真的是这样想的 |
[09:18] | And there are plenty of other girls out there | 而且还有好多女孩会认为 |
[09:19] | who’d be lucky to go out with you. | 能和你出去是很荣幸的事 |
[09:21] | -Wow. Thanks! -Sure, no problem. | -喔 谢谢 -不客气 |
[09:25] | Uh, maybe we should catch up with Lizzie later… | 嗯 也许我们应该一会儿再去找利齐 |
[09:31] | when she’s not so tomato-y. | 等她不再是满身番茄酱的时候 |
[09:34] | Um, you could come over after dinner. | 嗯 你们可以晚饭后再来 |
[09:37] | Cool. Uh, tell Lizzie we’ll see her then. Bye. | 好的 告诉利齐我们那个再来找她 再见 |
[09:43] | It’s a date. | 这是个约会 |
[09:46] | So, how was your first day in the working world? | 你进入劳动世界的第一天过得怎么样 |
[09:48] | Besides sticky. | 除了黏黏的 |
[09:49] | Oh, totally busy. I didn’t stop the whole time I was there. | 哦 太忙了 我在那儿手脚一直都没工夫停 |
[09:54] | Uh, isn’t that the definition of a job? | 嗯 这难道不是工作的定义吗 |
[09:56] | -Uh, yeah, but I didn’t think it would be so much… -Work? | -嗯 是 可是我没有想到会有这么多 -活儿 |
[10:00] | Yeah, but when payday comes around | 是啊 但是发工资的那天 |
[10:02] | you’ll be swimming in cash. | 你就会在钱的海洋中了 |
[10:07] | Lizzie, Mom wants you in the kitchen. | 利齐 妈妈叫你去趟厨房 |
[10:10] | Don’t ever do that again, Matt. | 马特 你最好不要再这样做了 |
[10:12] | I’ll be right back, and don’t bug my friends. | 我马上就回来 别烦我的朋友们 |
[10:20] | -Here. -Thanks. | -给你 -谢谢 |
[10:25] | I think Matt’s over Melina. | 我想马特已经从梅琳娜事件中恢复过来了 |
[10:28] | I know; I give such good advice. | 我知道 我给了他那么好的建议 |
[10:29] | No, no, you’re missing my point, Miranda. | 不 不 你没理解我的意思 米兰达 |
[10:31] | He’s over Melina because he’s got a crush on you. | 他能从梅琳娜事件中恢复过来是因为他喜欢上你了 |
[10:34] | Puh-leeze! This is Matt. | 拜托 他可是马特 |
[10:35] | -He’s just giving me a thank-you card. -Yeah. | -他只是给了我一张感谢卡 -是啊 |
[10:41] | I hate being right all the time. | 我真讨厌一直都是正确的 |
[10:42] | So, uh, when you and Matt get married | 那么 当你和马特结婚后 |
[10:44] | are you two going to move in here or going to get an apartment | 你们两个是要搬进这里住 还是去找个公寓住呢 |
[10:48] | -or, uh, what? -No… | -还是 别的什么的 -不 |
[10:57] | Hey, I’m off in 15 minutes | 嘿 再有十五分钟我就下班了 |
[10:59] | so just sit over there, and don’t order anything. | 所以你们就坐在那里 什么也不要点 |
[11:01] | And Gordo, will you please stop this, okay? | 还有 戈多 你能不能别再踢了 |
[11:04] | You’re going to knock something over | 你会踢倒什么东西 |
[11:04] | and I’m going to have to clean it up. | 然后我必须去打扫干净 |
[11:07] | Guess we can’t talk to the new working Lizzie. | 我猜我们没法和刚工作的利齐交谈 |
[11:09] | Probably not. | 也许是这样的 |
[11:11] | But, uh, you’ve got the next best thing. Your boyfriend! | 但是 你的好事又来了 你的男朋友 |
[11:16] | He is not my boyfriend. | 他不是我男友 |
[11:17] | But he “hearts” you, “Mrnda.” | 但是 他爱你 米兰达 |
[11:21] | Fancy meeting you here. Uh, Gordo… | 很高兴在这里见到你 戈多 |
[11:24] | Hey. Like your button, Matt. | 嘿 我喜欢你的徽章 马特 |
[11:26] | Thanks. I made it myself. | 谢谢 我自己做的 |
[11:31] | Is something wrong, Sunshine? | 有什么事不对劲吗 我的阳光 |
[11:33] | I-I just need a drink. | 我需要喝点什么 |
[11:36] | One drink, two straws coming right up. | 一杯饮料 两根吸管马上就来 |
[11:38] | You could be a little more helpful, Gordo. | 你难道不能帮我一下吗 戈多 |
[11:42] | What? I said I liked his button. | 什么 我说了我喜欢他的徽章 |
[11:44] | I’m sorry; it’s just so funny. | 我很抱歉 但这实在是太有意思了 |
[11:52] | Okay, which one of you did it? | 好吧 这是你们俩谁干的 |
[11:54] | It’s called an accident, Lizzie. | 这叫做意外 利齐 |
[11:56] | Around Kate and Claire there is no such thing as an accident. | 在凯特和克莱尔的身边没什么事是意外 |
[12:00] | Sure it was an accident. | 是啊 这是一个意外 |
[12:03] | It would be really nice | 如果能有个服务员 |
[12:05] | if there was a busboy around to clean this up. | 来把这儿打扫干净就好了 |
[12:08] | Hey, look who’s here. | 嘿 看看谁在这里 |
[12:10] | But they did it on purpose. | 但是 他们是故意这样做的 |
[12:12] | Honestly it was an accident. | 事实上这就是个意外 |
[12:14] | Lizzie, get a rag, clean this up | 利齐 拿一块抹布来 把这里打扫干净 |
[12:17] | and apologize to these customers. | 然后向这两位顾客道歉 |
[12:20] | Apologize to Kate and Claire? I don’t think so. | 向凯特和克莱尔道歉 我可不这样想 |
[12:24] | Or I could put the “busboy wanted” sign back up. | 或者我可以把招聘服务员的牌子重新挂起来 |
[12:29] | I’m free, I’m independent. And… and, um… | 我是自由的 我是独立的 还有 嗯 |
[12:34] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[12:35] | I don’t know which is grosser– having to apologize to | 我不知道向凯特和克莱尔道歉 |
[12:37] | Kate and Claire or cleaning up melted smoothie off the floor. | 还是把这些化掉的奶昔打扫干净更恶心 |
[12:44] | Oh, look… you missed a spot. | 哦 你看 你漏掉了一点 |
[13:00] | Come in. | 进来 |
[13:02] | Hey, honey. Don’t you have to work today? | 嘿 宝贝 你今天难道不用去上班吗 |
[13:06] | Yes. | 用 |
[13:07] | Let me rephrase this. | 让我重说一边 |
[13:09] | Are you planning on going to work today? | 你今天要去上班吗 |
[13:11] | I don’t really have a choice. | 我没有选择 |
[13:13] | Here it comes. The responsibility lecture. | 又来了 责任讲座 |
[13:16] | Of course you have a choice. You could always quit. | 当然 你有的选择 你可以选择辞职 |
[13:20] | Who are you? And what have you done with my real dad? | 你是谁呀 你对我真正的爸爸做了什么 |
[13:23] | Dad, I’m not going to quit. | 爸爸 我不想辞职 |
[13:25] | Earning my own money makes me happy. | 自己挣钱让我很开心 |
[13:27] | You don’t look happy. | 你看起来不开心 |
[13:28] | Well, that’s because it’s called a job | 嗯 那是因为工作之所以叫工作 |
[13:30] | because it requires a little bit of work. | 是因为它有不少活儿要干 |
[13:32] | Lizzie, the great thing about being a kid is that | 利齐 当孩子最好的事情就是你唯一的工作 |
[13:35] | your only job is to get good grades to hang out | 就是要得到好的成绩和同朋友一起出去玩 |
[13:37] | with your friends and be a good kid. You’ve got those covered. | 还有做一个好孩子 这些你都抛到脑后了 |
[13:41] | Well, Dad, this is what I really want to be doing. | 可是 爸爸 这是我真正想干的事儿啊 |
[13:44] | I mean, I hate running to you guys | 我是说 我讨厌每次想要点什么东西 |
[13:45] | for every little thing. | 都要去找你们 |
[13:47] | I want to be independent. | 我想独立起来 |
[13:49] | Okay, but independent is harder than it looks. | 好吧 但是做到独立比看起来难很多 |
[13:52] | Listen, I’m your dad. You’re supposed to ask me for stuff. | 听着 我是你爸爸 你就应该来找我要东西 |
[13:56] | Well, then, can I ask you for a ride to work? | 嗯 那么 我能让你开车送我去上班吗 |
[13:57] | Because I’m going to be really late. | 因为我要迟到了 |
[14:00] | -Okay. -Okay. | -好吧 -好的 |
[14:02] | Yeah, she’s going. | 是的 她要去上班 |
[14:06] | Hello? | 喂 |
[14:07] | Gordo! Good, you’re home. | 戈多 太好了 你在家 |
[14:08] | Okay, Matt’s crush on me has gone totally loco. | 好吧 马特迷恋我已经到了疯狂的程度了 |
[14:12] | Oh, isn’t that great? | 哦 那难道不好吗 |
[14:14] | No, it’s horrible. | 不好 恐怖死了 |
[14:15] | Maybe for you, but for me, it’s endlessly entertaining. | 也许对你来说是那样 对我来说真是乐趣无穷 |
[14:19] | Hang on. That’s my other line. Hello! | 别挂 又有人打进来了 喂 |
[14:23] | I love the way you say, “hello.” | 我喜欢你说“喂”的方式 |
[14:26] | Oh, Matt. Hey, uh, can you hang on a second? | 哦 马特 你能等一会吗 |
[14:29] | Till the end of time. | 我可以等到时间的尽头 |
[14:31] | It’s Matt. What do I say? | 是马特 我要怎么说 |
[14:33] | I don’t know. He’s your boyfriend. | 我不知道 他是你男朋友 |
[14:34] | Talk about what you usually talk about. | 就说你平时经常说的 |
[14:36] | Not helping, Gordo. | 你咋这么没用 戈多 |
[14:38] | So, uh, why don’t you just tell him you want to be friends? | 那么 你为什么不直接告诉他 你只想做朋友 |
[14:41] | Uh, friends… I-I can do that. | 嗯 朋友 我可以这样说 |
[14:45] | Matt, I’m so glad you called. | 马特 我很高兴你打电话过来 |
[14:48] | Hey, I was wondering… | 嘿 我在想 |
[14:50] | maybe if you wanted to go bike-riding later? | 也许你愿意一会一起去骑车兜风 |
[14:53] | Like, on a date? | 就像是 约会 |
[14:55] | Um, yes. | 嗯 是的 |
[14:57] | Um, ca-can you hang on? | 嗯 你能等会吗 |
[15:01] | He just asked me out on a date. | 他刚才约我出去了 |
[15:03] | So, I guess the “Let’s just be friends” thing didn’t work. | 那么 我想“让我们就做朋友吧”这事行不通 |
[15:06] | Oh, Gordo, what do I say? | 哦 戈多 我应该怎么说呢 |
[15:08] | Well, if you don’t do something quick | 嗯 如果你不赶快采取行动的话 |
[15:10] | you’re going to be Mrs. Matt McGuire. Whew! | 你就要成为马特・迈奎尔太太了 呼 |
[15:13] | Hey. So, uh, will you go? | 嘿 那么 你去吗 |
[15:16] | Well, I… I mean… sure. | 嗯 我是想说 当然可以 |
[15:23] | Yes…. Yes… Yes! | 太好了 太好了 |
[15:31] | Could you get me another spoon, please? | 你能再给我拿个勺子吗 拜托 |
[15:32] | -Why? -Because this spoon is dirty. | -为什么 -因为这个勺子脏了 |
[15:35] | Sir, you’re eating a bagel. | 先生 你吃的是硬面包圈 |
[15:36] | You don’t need a spoon to eat a bagel. | 吃硬面包圈的时候用不着勺子 |
[15:38] | I need a clean spoon. | 我需要一个干净的勺子 |
[15:40] | Okay, sir. I’ll be right back. | 好吧 先生 我马上就回来 |
[15:44] | Isn’t he a cute kid? | 他是不是个很可爱的孩子啊 |
[15:47] | * Workin’ for a livin’ | 工作为谋生 |
[15:49] | * Workin’ Workin’ for a livin’ | 工作 工作为了谋生 |
[15:54] | Here you go, sir. There’s your clean spoon. | 给你 先生 这是你的干净的勺子 |
[15:56] | Uh, you just touched that spoon after cleaning the floor. | 你在打扫地板之后又碰了这勺子 |
[15:57] | That spoon is dirty. I need a clean one. | 这勺子现在脏了 我要一个干净的勺子 |
[16:05] | Lizzie, the garbage won’t take itself out. | 利齐 垃圾不会自己跑出去 |
[16:07] | I’ll be there in a second, okay? | 我一会儿就过去 行吗 |
[16:09] | Okay. Now. | 可以 现在就过来 |
[16:11] | Now I know why no one else applied for this job. | 现在我知道为什么没有别人应征这份工作了 |
[16:27] | * I’m takin’ what they’re givin’ | 我在拿走他们给的东西 |
[16:28] | * ‘Cause I’m workin’ for a livin’ | 因为我在工作 这是为了谋生 |
[16:30] | There you go. | 给你 |
[16:31] | You just touched the garbage and didn’t wash your hands. | 你刚碰了垃圾而且没有洗手 |
[16:34] | That spoon is dirty. I need a clean one. | 这个勺子脏了 我要一个干净的勺子 |
[16:55] | * Workin’ for a livin’, livin’ and a-workin’ | 为谋生而工作 生活和工作 |
[16:57] | * I’m takin’ what they’re givin’ | 我在拿走他们所给的东西 |
[16:58] | * ‘Cause I’m workin’… | 因为我在工作 |
[17:00] | -Oops. Sorry. -Accidents happen. | -哎呀 抱歉 -总是有意外发生 |
[17:04] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[17:05] | No. I’ve had all I can stand, and I can’t stand no more. | 不 我已经受够了 我再也不能忍受了 |
[17:09] | Okay, listen up. That was not an accident, all right? | 好了 听着 那不是什么意外 好吧 |
[17:13] | And my job is hard enough | 而且我的工作没有你们两个讨厌鬼捣乱 |
[17:14] | without you two brats making it worse. | 就已经够艰难了 |
[17:17] | -Lizzie? -And you see this mess? | -利齐 -还有 你看见了这些脏东西了吗 |
[17:18] | I’m not cleaning it up. | 我是不会打扫的 |
[17:19] | I’m not cleaning up after anybody in this whole room. | 我不会再跟在这屋子里的任何人后面收拾东西了 |
[17:22] | And you, little muffin boy, you see this right here? | 而你 小松饼男孩 你看见那个了吗 |
[17:25] | You eat this muffin, or you put it in the trash can | 你要不就把松饼吃掉 要不就扔进垃圾桶里 |
[17:27] | but keep it off of my clean floor. | 但是不要让他们掉在我的干净地板上 |
[17:30] | And Mr. Spoon Boy? You don’t need a spoon | 还有你勺子男孩先生 你吃硬面包圈的时候 |
[17:33] | to eat a bagel. You just don’t. | 不需要勺子 你根本就不需要 |
[17:36] | I came here trying to do my job | 我来这里做这份工作 |
[17:38] | so I didn’t have to ask my parents for money anymore. | 是为了不再问我父母要钱 |
[17:41] | I want to be free, and I want to be independent. | 我想要自由 我想要独立 |
[17:44] | But no, obviously, that’s not going to happen. | 但是 不 很显然 那是不可能发生的 |
[17:47] | Uh, Lizzie? | 嗯 利齐 |
[17:48] | And you, you’re always telling me what to do | 还有你 你总是叫我干这干那 |
[17:50] | and always asking me for things. | 永远叫我干事情 |
[17:52] | And that’s not being free or independent at all, now is it? | 这根本不能让我自由和独立 现在你又想干什么 |
[17:55] | You’re absolutely right. You done? | 你是完全正确的 你说完了吗 |
[17:58] | Yes. I feel a lot better now. | 是的 现在我感觉好多了 |
[18:01] | I’m so glad. You’re fired. | 我很高兴 你被炒了 |
[18:04] | Fired? I’m fired? | 炒了 我被炒了 |
[18:07] | Hey… don’t feel too bad. | 嘿 别感觉太不好 |
[18:09] | I go through three busboys a month. | 我一个月招三个服务员 |
[18:19] | Just like we practiced. | 就像我们做的这样 |
[18:20] | Matt, you’re a really great kid | 马特 你是个好孩子 |
[18:23] | but I think we should just be friends. | 但是我想我们只能做朋友 |
[18:26] | I can’t believe you’re going to break Matt’s heart. | 我不敢相信 你要伤马特的心了 |
[18:29] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[18:30] | You just want to keep this going for your own sick amusement. | 你只是想保留你那变态的乐趣 |
[18:33] | -Well, yeah. -Wait. | -嗯 是的 -等等 |
[18:39] | Miranda, you’re early. | 米兰达 你来早了 |
[18:41] | I thought we were going bike-riding later. | 我以为我们一会才要去骑车兜风 |
[18:43] | I mean, I haven’t even had time to wrap your present. | 我是说 我还没有时间把给你的礼物包起来 |
[18:46] | Yeah, well, we need to talk. | 是啊 嗯 我们需要谈谈 |
[18:48] | Is something wrong? | 有什么事不对吗 |
[18:50] | Well, kind of. | 嗯 有点 |
[18:51] | Is it someone else? | 是因为别人吗 |
[18:54] | We– No! Don’t worry. She’s all yours. | 我们 不 别担心 她全都是你的 |
[18:58] | Uh, Gordo! Matt, no. There’s no one else. | 呃 戈多 马特 不 不是因为别人 |
[19:01] | That’s good because I don’t think I can return… these. | 那太好了 因为我不认为我可以退掉 这些 |
[19:13] | What do I say to that? | 我该说啥好呢 |
[19:15] | I say you go out with him. | 我说你还不如和他出去 |
[19:17] | Uh… those shirts are pretty cool. | 嗯 那些衬衫挺酷的 |
[19:22] | Uh, Matt… y-you’re a great kid but I think… | 嗯 马特 你是个好小孩 但是我觉得 |
[19:28] | So, the rumor is true. | 看来 谣言是真的了 |
[19:31] | Hello, Melina. | 你好 梅琳娜 |
[19:33] | Listen. Just because you can’t find a guy your own age | 听着 就因为你不能找到个和你一样大的男孩 |
[19:35] | doesn’t mean you can steal mine. | 就说明你可以偷走我的 |
[19:38] | You’re just a rebound girl, so keep your distance | 你就是个代替品 所以离远点 |
[19:41] | ’cause if anybody’s going to get Matt in trouble | 因为如果有人能找马特麻烦 |
[19:42] | it’s going to be me. Got it? | 那个人就是我 明白了吗 |
[19:44] | You really do like me! | 你真的喜欢我 |
[19:48] | Let’s go. | 我们走 |
[19:49] | Sorry things didn’t work out. | 很抱歉我们不能在一起 |
[19:52] | -Now! -Coming, my angel. | -现在 -来了 我的天使 |
[19:57] | Uh, look, I made these especially for you. | 哦 瞧 我专门为你做了这些 |
[20:00] | Well, that was really easy. | 嗯 这真的很简单 |
[20:02] | You do realize you just got dumped by Matt. | 你意识到了你刚被马特甩了 |
[20:05] | We’re not talking about this ever again. Especially to Lizzie. | 我们再也不要讨论这件事了 特别是对利齐 |
[20:09] | All right… “rebound girl.” | 好的 代替品 |
[20:11] | That was talking about it. | 我就是说这个 |
[20:14] | Hey, you guys. Oh! What are you doing here? | 嘿 两位 哦 你们在这里干什么 |
[20:16] | You know, it’s a funny story. | 你知道吗 这是个很搞笑的故事 |
[20:20] | So, how was your day? | 那么 你今天你过得怎样 |
[20:22] | It was great… till I got fired. | 很好 直到我被炒了 |
[20:24] | Oh, well, what happened? | 哦 那么 发生了什么事 |
[20:27] | You were caught drinking straight | 你直接从饮水机中 |
[20:28] | from the shake machine, weren’t you? | 喝水被发现了 是不是 |
[20:30] | Oh, what? That’s what I would have done. | 哦 怎么了 我以前就这么干过 |
[20:32] | No, I wasn’t as polite as I should have been to the customers. | 不 我对顾客不够礼貌 |
[20:35] | I think that qualifies for the understatement of the year. | 我想这简直可以成为年度掩饰用语 |
[20:39] | It wasn’t pretty. | 一点也不好 |
[20:40] | So, I take it the money train has stopped rolling? | 那么 我想赚钱列车从此停运了 |
[20:43] | Gordo, I don’t think | 戈多 我不认为 |
[20:43] | that the money train ever took off from the station. | 赚钱列车曾经开出过车站 |
[20:45] | Besides, if I’m always working, | 而且 如果我一直在工作 |
[20:47] | how am I going to have time to spend the money? | 我又哪有时间来花挣来的钱呢 |
[20:49] | Good point. | 好说法 |
[20:51] | So, what’s up with you guys? | 你们怎么样 |
[20:53] | I feel like I haven’t seen you in days. | 我感觉好几天没有见你们了 |
[20:54] | What’s been going on? | 发生了什么事 |
[20:56] | Oh, nothing. Nothing at all. | 哦 没事 什么事都没有 |
[21:00] | You guys hungry? | 你们饿了吗 |
[21:04] | Keep it zipped. | 什么都别说 |
[21:05] | Ooh! Cake! | 哦 蛋糕 |
[21:12] | Uh, milk? | 要牛奶吗 |
[21:14] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[21:24] | Frosting’s the best part. | 糖霜是最好吃的 |
[21:34] | You freak. You were trying to scare me. | 你个怪胎 你想吓死我啊 |
[21:35] | And I haven’t even had time to br– | 而且 我甚至没时间去 |
[21:38] | And I haven’t even had time to… | 而且 我甚至没时间去 |
[21:42] | And I’m sure I can swing for some free drinks for my friends. | 我确定我能为我的朋友们拿到免费的饮料 |
[21:45] | And that line just really messed up. | 我把台词搞错了 |
[21:47] | McGuire’s batting a thousand. | 迈奎尔成绩显著 |
[21:54] | I’m going to kill you! | 我要杀了你 |