时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Listen to me, all of you. | 同学们 听好了 |
[00:03] | Turn off your TVs, read a book. | 关掉电视 重拾书本 |
[00:05] | Hey, I just read something last week. | 哈 我上周正好读了点东西 |
[00:07] | Ms. Sanchez, | 桑切斯小姐 |
[00:08] | the latest issue of some new fanzine doesn’t count. | 最近一期的歌迷杂志可不算 |
[00:10] | What about you, Mr. Gordon? | 那你呢 戈登先生 |
[00:12] | What have you read in the last week? | 你上周有没有读点什么 |
[00:14] | Um… A Hundred Years of Solitude | 让我想想 《百年孤独》 |
[00:17] | On The Road, Seven Pillars of Wisdom | 《在路上》 《智慧的七根支柱》 |
[00:18] | and Schnozzola: The Jimmy Durante Story. | 还有《大鼻子吉米布兰特的故事》 |
[00:21] | You see I was trying to make a point | 你应该知道 我只是想告诉你们 |
[00:22] | that you kids don’t read enough. | 你们现在读的书太少了 |
[00:24] | Kind of cut my legs off there. | 我还真是搬起石头砸自己的脚啊 |
[00:25] | Oh, uh, sorry about that. | 哦 嗯 不好意思 |
[00:27] | I’m assigning a book report. | 我要你们每人都写一份读后感 |
[00:30] | Why are they groaning? | 他们在抱怨什么 |
[00:31] | I like reading: | 我就很喜欢读书 比如说 |
[00:32] | Harry Potter, Eloise | 《哈利・波特》 《艾萝依在巴黎》 |
[00:34] | books about cats who solve crimes. | 还有那些关于猫咪警长的小说 |
[00:35] | It’s schoolwork you can do lying down. | 这种作业 我能边睡边做 |
[00:37] | I want all the girls to read | 我希望所有的女生能去读读 |
[00:39] | The Orchids and Gumbo Poker Club | 《兰花与秋葵扑克俱乐部》 |
[00:40] | which is about mother-daughter relationships | 讲的是母女关系和 |
[00:42] | and social climbing. | 个人奋斗的故事 |
[00:43] | Mother-daughter relationships? | 母女关系 |
[00:47] | And I want all the boys to read A River Runs Through It | 至于男生 我希望你们能读读《大河之恋》 |
[00:50] | which is about father-son relationships and trout. | 它讲的是父子关系 还有美味的鳟鱼 |
[00:52] | That’s good eating. | 那东西味道的确不错 |
[00:54] | I actually like reading | 本来我还挺喜欢读书的 |
[00:55] | but about mother-daughter relationships? | 但是 讲的是母女关系 |
[00:57] | I get enough of that at home. | 我在家就学够了 |
[00:59] | “Darcy Lou quietly removed her gloves | 达茜・洛轻轻地摘掉手套 |
[01:01] | set them on the divan and blew out the candle. | 把它们放在沙发上 然后吹灭了蜡烛 |
[01:04] | After that, there was only night and stars | 现在 只有夜色和星光 |
[01:07] | and the memory of love.” | 还有记忆中的爱 与她做伴 |
[01:09] | End of chapter five. | 第五章 完结 |
[01:12] | It’s so beautiful. | 这写的太美了 |
[01:14] | She’s so sad. | 她是那么的悲伤 |
[01:18] | She loves her mom. | 她爱她的妈妈 |
[01:20] | That’s so beautiful! Waah! | 写的太感人了 呜哇哇 |
[01:28] | If you believe | 如果你相信 |
[01:31] | We’ve got a picture-perfect plan | 我们事先就有一个绝妙的计划 |
[01:35] | We’ve got you fooled | 那你就错了 |
[01:37] | ‘Cause we only do the best we can | 我们只是在尽力而为 |
[01:43] | And sometimes we make it | 有时候我们会取得成功 |
[01:46] | And sometimes we fake it | 有时候我们会把事情搞砸 |
[01:50] | But we get one step closer each and every day | 但我们离目标一天比一天近 |
[01:55] | We’ll figure it out on the way. | 我们会在途中解决所有的难题 |
[02:00] | Lizzie McGuire S02E03 Mom’s Best Friend | |
[02:08] | We’re in a lull, Lanny. | 我们太无聊了 兰尼 |
[02:09] | We need to come up with something to do. | 我们得找点事儿做 |
[02:12] | You’re right. | 被你说对了 |
[02:14] | It’s the wrong time of the year for rocket-powered skiing. | 现在不是合适火箭滑雪的时候 |
[02:19] | Come on. There’s got to be something that we can do. | 来吧 我们总能找到点乐子的 |
[02:22] | Think. Think, think, think. | 想想看 想想看 有什么呢 |
[02:33] | So now we got a chimp. | 我们得到了一个猩猩 |
[02:34] | That’s something to work with. | 它可以成为我们的伙伴 |
[02:35] | This is so cool! Hiya, little fellow. | 太酷了 你好呀 小伙子 |
[02:38] | My name’s Matt and this is Lanny. | 我是马特 这是兰尼 |
[02:41] | Hey, don’t do that. | 嘿 别这样 |
[02:43] | We’re just trying to be friends. | 我们只是想和你交个朋友 |
[02:47] | Hey! Hey, whoa! | 嘿 嘿 喔哇 |
[02:51] | Cool it! What did we do? | 别激动 我们应该怎么办 |
[02:58] | All right, | 够了 |
[02:59] | how many times do I have to tell you guys to keep it down? | 要我告诉你们多少次 你们才会记得要小声点 |
[03:04] | -Who did that? -He did. | -是谁干的 -他干的 |
[03:06] | Who? | 谁 |
[03:06] | The chimp. | 那只猩猩 |
[03:08] | There was a monkey in here | 刚才这里有只猩猩 |
[03:10] | and he ran around and went nuts and busted my lamp. | 它像发了疯一样到处乱跑 还砸坏了我的台灯 |
[03:13] | You going to stick with that story? | 你还要继续编故事吗 |
[03:15] | ‘Cause if you are, the lamp’s coming out of your allowance. | 你要是再这样 就自己攒零花钱去买个新台灯 |
[03:17] | And quit roughhousing. | 别再闹了 |
[03:19] | But… | 但是 |
[03:28] | Lanny, I think we got ourselves a bad chimpanzee. | 兰尼 我们给自己找了只坏猩猩 |
[03:35] | “Tallulah was on the veranda | 图卢拉在走廊上走着 |
[03:37] | with a look on her face like a bayou cloudburst.” | 脸色阴沉 像是河口的暴风雨 |
[03:40] | “Darcy Lou watched her through the French doors | 达西・洛透过落地玻璃门看着她 |
[03:42] | like staring into a thousand futures.” | 就像看着不确定的未来 |
[03:44] | Mama… | 妈妈 |
[03:47] | I’m fixing to go now, Mama. | 我下定决心要走了 妈妈 |
[03:51] | Before you go, Darcy Lou | 在你离开之前 达茜・洛 |
[03:54] | I… I… | 我 我 |
[03:57] | I want you to have this. | 我希望你能带上这个 |
[04:04] | Oh, Mama, it’s the bracelet that Ben Turpin gave you. | 哦 妈妈 这是本・托宾给你的手镯啊 |
[04:08] | Why are you giving it to me, Mama? | 你为什么要把它给我 妈妈 |
[04:10] | Oh, sugar, wherever you go | 哦 宝贝儿 无论你走到哪 |
[04:14] | well, that’s where my heart and soul have to be. | 我的心和灵魂都会跟随着你 |
[04:17] | And when I die | 就算我死了 |
[04:18] | and sink beneath the bayou mud | 就算我已经化为灰烬 落入尘土 |
[04:21] | part of me will always be with you. | 我还是会一直陪伴在你身旁 |
[04:24] | Oh, Mama! Mama! | 哦 妈妈 妈妈 |
[04:28] | I want us to be friends. | 我希望我们能成为朋友 |
[04:31] | Friends forever. | 永远的朋友 |
[04:32] | Oh, I’m so glad, sweet potato. | 哦 很高兴你能这样 亲爱的 |
[04:35] | And I can finally say it: | 我终于可以告诉你 |
[04:38] | Welcome to the Orchids and Gumbo Poker Club. | 欢迎来到兰花与秋葵扑克俱乐部 |
[04:42] | Oh, Mama… | 哦 妈妈 |
[04:44] | Oh, it’s good to be here, Mama. | 哦 很高兴能在这儿 妈妈 |
[04:47] | It is so good to be here. | 真的很高兴 |
[04:50] | Mama, Mama, Mom! | 妈妈 妈妈 妈妈 |
[04:53] | I want us to be friends. | 我希望我们能成为朋友 |
[04:54] | That’s great, sweetie. Sam, did you hear that? | 这太棒了 宝贝儿 萨姆 你听到了吗 |
[04:56] | Uh-huh. Can she keep it down? | 嗯 你能叫她说话小点声吗 |
[04:58] | Would you look at her? She is gorgeous. | 你快看看她 她简直就是美极了 |
[05:00] | We’re friends, aren’t we, honey? | 我们一直都是朋友啊 难道不是吗 宝贝 |
[05:02] | I don’t mean friends like you drop me off at soccer practice | 我不是说那种开车送我去参加足球训练 |
[05:04] | and I get you a vanilla-scented candle for Mother’s Day. | 或是在母亲节送出香味蜡烛的朋友 |
[05:07] | I mean friends like | 我说的朋友就像是 |
[05:08] | two women that share everything with each other. | 两个平等的女人交流彼此的一切 |
[05:10] | Like the type of friends that you see on Oprah. | 就像在奥普拉脱口秀里的那种 |
[05:12] | And you’ve got to do it now | 现在就和我做这样的朋友吧 |
[05:13] | before you sink beneath the bayou mud. | 在你化为灰烬 落入尘土之前 |
[05:15] | How could she not make the finals? | 她怎么不能进入决赛呢 |
[05:17] | Come on, judge, just look at her posture | 拜托 评委 看看她的动作 |
[05:19] | her poise– she’s spectacular. | 她是多么的优秀呀 |
[05:21] | Look, Honey, I’m not planning on sinking beneath any mud | 听着 宝贝 近期内我还不打算化为灰烬 落入尘土 |
[05:24] | anytime soon but if you want to be closer than we already are | 但是如果你希望我们能比现在更亲密一些的话 |
[05:28] | I can’t think of anything I’d rather do. | 我愿意做任何事情 |
[05:31] | We’ll start our own Orchids and Gumbo Poker Society. | 让我们建立属于我们自己的兰花与秋葵扑克社区吧 |
[05:34] | Okay. | 没问题 |
[05:35] | Whatever that is, sounds good to me. | 管它是什么呢 我都接受 |
[05:37] | Those stupid judges! | 那些愚蠢的评委们 |
[05:39] | How could that German Shepherd win best in show? | 那只德国牧羊犬怎么能拿第一呢 |
[05:40] | The Bernese Mountain Dog was ten times prettier. | 这只伯恩山犬比它好十倍 |
[05:43] | That’s it. | 行了 |
[05:44] | I’m never watching the Westchester Kennel Club again. | 我再也不看威斯特彻斯特犬舍俱乐部了 |
[05:58] | Matt! Matt! | 马特 马特 |
[06:02] | Whoa. What happened in here? | 哇 这里发生了什么 |
[06:06] | Why don’t you tell me? | 为什么不由你来告诉我呢 |
[06:08] | -I didn’t do this. -Who do you suppose did? | -不是我做的 -那你觉得是谁干的 |
[06:12] | You’re right, Lanny. | 你是对的 兰尼 |
[06:13] | It was that dang, dirty ape. | 又是那只讨厌的可恶的猩猩 |
[06:16] | You’re still pretending there’s some chimpanzee around here | 你还在假装这儿有只猩猩 |
[06:19] | doing all the things you don’t want to get blamed for? | 你就是不想被我骂对吧 |
[06:20] | But there is. | 但确实有只猩猩啊 |
[06:22] | That’s it, you’re both grounded. | 那好吧 你们俩都被禁足了 |
[06:23] | What? You can’t ground Lanny. He’s not your kid. | 什么 你不能禁足兰尼 他又不是你的儿子 |
[06:26] | You’re right, you’re grounded twice as long, Matt. | 好吧 马特 你将被禁足两倍的时间 |
[06:28] | Lanny, help him clean up the kitchen. | 兰尼 帮他一起把厨房打扫干净 |
[06:29] | What? | 什么 |
[06:33] | This is an evil chimp. | 这是只邪恶的坏猩猩 |
[06:47] | We got a chimp to catch. | 我们得把这黑猩猩捉住 |
[06:52] | -I’m hungry. -Yeah, well I’m thirsty. | -我好饿啊 -嗯 我也有点渴了 |
[06:55] | Hey, you guys. | 嗨 各位 |
[06:57] | Lizzie’s mom is with her! | 利齐的妈妈也跟过来了 |
[06:59] | Um, hey, Mrs. McGuire. | 嗯 你好 迈奎尔太太 |
[07:01] | She’s sitting down. | 她竟然坐下来了 |
[07:02] | Hey, guys, what’s going on? | 你们好啊 各位 在干嘛呢 |
[07:04] | Nothing. Nothing at all. We haven’t done anything. | 没什么 什么都没有 我们没做任何事 |
[07:07] | We didn’t break your hobo figurine. | 我们没有打碎你的手工塑像 |
[07:12] | It was like that when we got there. | 我们到的时候 它就已经是那样的了 |
[07:13] | It’s okay. | 没关系的 |
[07:14] | I never liked it anyway. | 反正我从来都没有喜欢过它 |
[07:15] | Sam’s cousin Ree Ree gave it to me for my birthday. | 那是萨姆的表兄瑞瑞送我的生日礼物 |
[07:19] | So, uh… Mrs. McGuire you’re, uh… dropping Lizzie off? | 呃 迈奎尔太太 你是 你只是送利齐过来的吧 |
[07:25] | No, no. She’s going to hang out with us. | 不 不是 她会和我们一起去玩 |
[07:27] | -Oh. -Why? | -噢 -为什么 |
[07:29] | Because we’re friends, we hang. | 因为我们是朋友 当然要在一起玩啊 |
[07:31] | You know what, I’m going to go to the ladies’ room | 我觉得我需要去洗手间 |
[07:33] | and check my makeup. | 补补妆了 |
[07:33] | You want to come, sweet potato? | 要一起来吗 宝贝 |
[07:35] | I’ll be there in a minute, Tallulah. | 我一会就来 图卢拉 |
[07:37] | All right, she left. What’s really going on? | 好了 她走了 你们之间到底发生了什么 |
[07:40] | I told you, I want to be friends with my mom. | 就像我告诉你的 我想和我妈妈成为朋友 |
[07:42] | Why? | 为什么 |
[07:43] | Because Orchids and Gumbo made me realize | 因为那本书让我明白了 |
[07:45] | that it’s really important to spend time with your mother. | 和妈妈一起分享时光 这是非常重要的 |
[07:47] | Parents scrape and sacrifice to provide us with shelter, | 父母含辛茹苦为我们提供 |
[07:50] | support and guidance and in return | 衣食住行和教育 作为回报 |
[07:52] | we have as little to do with them as possible. | 我们要尽可能的减少和他们的联系 |
[07:54] | It’s nature’s law. | 这是自然法则 |
[07:55] | Yeah. It’s like you come home and they ask, | 对啊 这就像是当你回到家 他们会问 |
[07:57] | “What did you do today?” | 今天你都做了什么 |
[07:59] | And we say, “Nothing.” | 然后我们会回答 没做什么 |
[08:00] | And they ask, “Well, what are you doing tonight? | 然后他们又会问 那好 你今晚准备干什么 |
[08:02] | You say, “I don’t know.” | 你会回答 我也不知道 |
[08:03] | And they ask “Why don’t you ever talk to us?” | 然后他们会继续问 为什么你不和我们说话呢 |
[08:06] | We say “Why can’t you just leave me alone?!” | 我们会说 你们能不能别烦我啦 |
[08:08] | And you run upstairs. | 最后你跑上楼 |
[08:10] | As little communication as possible. | 我们要尽可能地减少和他们的交流 |
[08:12] | It prepares us for marriage. | 交流那玩意儿 那是为婚姻准备的 |
[08:14] | Hello. When are you guys going to grow up? Grow up. | 拜托 你们什么时候才会长大呢 成熟点 |
[08:18] | Grow up, grow up, grow up! | 成熟 成熟 成熟 |
[08:19] | Well, I want a more mature relationship with my mom. | 好吧 我只是想和妈妈保持一种更为成熟的关系 |
[08:22] | I mean, | 我是说 |
[08:23] | she’s already gone through all this stuff that | 她已经经历并了解 |
[08:24] | I’m going through right now. | 我现在正在经历的事儿 |
[08:25] | We can totally relate and support each other. | 我们能够相互信任 相互依赖 |
[08:27] | And… | 再说了 |
[08:29] | she can drive. That’s a plus. | 她能开车 额外的加分 |
[08:31] | Your pot looks like an uncoordinated elephant seal. | 你做的陶艺像是不协调的海象 |
[08:34] | Well, your pot looks like | 那你的陶艺看上去就像是 |
[08:36] | an uncoordinated elephant seal sat on it. | 被一只不协调的海象坐过一样 |
[08:38] | Oh! I have something for you. | 哦 我要给你一样东西 |
[08:43] | Mom! Fine. I’ve got something for you, too. | 老妈 好吧 我正好也有东西要给你 |
[08:47] | Here. | 给你啦 |
[08:49] | Oh… | 哦 |
[08:50] | It’s a broken piece of pointy plastic. | 一块尖锐的塑料碎片 |
[08:52] | Thank you. I love it. | 谢谢 我很喜欢 |
[08:54] | I really shopped around. | 我找了很久哦 |
[08:57] | How smart am I? | 我多聪明呀 |
[08:58] | Mom didn’t fit into my world | 妈妈不能融入我的世界 |
[09:00] | so we’re friends in our own little world. | 所以在只属于我们的世界里 我们依旧是朋友 |
[09:02] | Sometimes it’s like I’m too perfect. | 看起来 我是真的很聪明 |
[09:05] | Well, almost perfect. | 好吧 在大多数时候 |
[09:07] | Thanks for doing this with me. | 谢谢你陪我 |
[09:09] | We learned a new craftc and we got free facials. | 我们学会到新手艺 还做了免费的面部美容 |
[09:12] | This was a great idea you had, honey. | 这是因为你有很棒的点子 宝贝 |
[09:15] | You know what? I think I’m tired of making pots. | 你知道么 我觉得只做陶壶我有点厌倦了 |
[09:17] | I think I’m ready for a live human model. | 我觉得我应该做一个人体雕像 |
[09:20] | Denzel Washington! | 做丹泽尔・华盛顿的 |
[09:26] | Hello. | 喂 |
[09:27] | Oh, hi. | 哦 你好 |
[09:29] | Again? | 又来了 |
[09:31] | No, I do take this seriously, but this keeps happening. | 不 我一直都在严肃对待 但是它还是一直发生 |
[09:35] | You know what? I can’t talk right now. I’m throwing pots. | 真不好意思 我现在不方便说话 我在做壶呢 |
[09:37] | I’m not throwing them at anyone. | 我没有把壶扔到任何人身上 |
[09:40] | I am… It’s what you call it when you make pots. | 我在 这只是当你在做陶艺时的一种叫法 |
[09:43] | I can’t talk. I’m going to call you back later. Bye. | 不说了 我呆会再给你电话 再见啦 |
[09:45] | What was that about? | 怎么了 |
[09:48] | Nothing. | 没事儿 |
[09:49] | Come on, Mom, we’re friends now. We can talk about stuff. | 妈妈 拜托 我们现在是朋友了 我们无话不谈 |
[09:52] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[09:54] | That was Nana | 是外婆打来的 |
[09:55] | and she was telling me that she wants | 她跟我说 她想和外公恰克 |
[09:57] | a separation from Grandpa Chuck, | 分开一段时间 |
[09:59] | and that she’s thinking of moving out. | 而且她正在考虑搬出来住 |
[10:03] | When I say you can tell me anything | 当我说 我们俩之间可以无话不谈的时候 |
[10:04] | I mean too much information. | 我的意思是你说的太多了 |
[10:08] | Nana? | 外婆 |
[10:08] | She says she’s missing out on life | 她说 她失去了享受生活的好机会 |
[10:10] | she wants to go skiing in the Swiss Alps… | 她想去瑞士的阿尔卑斯山滑雪 |
[10:15] | …then eat sushi in Tokyo and-and… go line dancing in Texas. | 在东京吃寿司 在德克萨斯州跳舞 |
[10:22] | And that all Grandpa Chuck wants to do | 但是外公恰克整天想的 |
[10:23] | is sit around all day | 就是无所事事 |
[10:25] | and yell at the television set. | 或着是对着电视大吼大叫 |
[10:26] | When did they cancel Hogan’s Heroes?! | 他们什么时候把“霍根英雄”这个节目取消了 |
[10:28] | They’re getting separated? | 他们要分居了吗 |
[10:30] | Grandparents don’t split up. | 像他们那样的年纪的人是不能分开的 |
[10:32] | Grandparents give you money when your parents aren’t looking. | 当爸妈都指望不上的时候 他们总能给你零花钱 |
[10:35] | She says this every year and they have never split up. | 她每年都这样说 但每次都没分开 |
[10:39] | I’ll go talk some sense into her | 在周末她去维加斯度假之前 |
[10:41] | she’ll go to Vegas for the weekend. | 我会和她谈谈 |
[10:42] | The whole thing will blow over. | 之后就应该没什么事儿了吧 |
[10:44] | How come I’ve never heard about this before? | 为什么我以前都没有听说过这事呢 |
[10:46] | ‘Cause I didn’t want to worry you kids over nothing. | 因为我不希望你为这种小事而担心 |
[10:49] | But you know what? | 但是 你知道吗 |
[10:50] | Now that you and I are getting closer | 现在我们更加亲密了 |
[10:51] | it’s nice having another woman to talk about it with. | 有另外一个好姐妹来分担 感觉好多了 |
[10:55] | Yeah, it’s great. | 是啊 这很好 |
[11:01] | So, Lizzie’s taking a pottery class with her mom– | 利齐和她妈妈一起去上陶艺课 |
[11:03] | they’re doing yoga they even went horseback riding. | 他们一起做瑜伽 还一起去骑马 |
[11:06] | Mmm, maybe it is possible to have | 这么说 也许和爸妈一起 |
[11:07] | fun hanging out with your parents. | 还是可以找到乐趣的 |
[11:08] | It does sound fun; it just seems weird. | 听起来是还不错 但是还是有点奇怪 |
[11:11] | Yeah, well there’s lots of weird stuff in this world: | 是啊 但是这个世界上就是有这么多奇怪的事情 |
[11:14] | Tofu bacon, Harold’s cat, country music. | 豆腐熏肉 哈罗德的猫 乡村音乐 |
[11:16] | Yeah, maybe Lizzie’s onto something. | 是啊 也许利齐就是喜欢这样 |
[11:19] | Maybe we should check it out. | 也许我们真应该去试试 |
[11:21] | Try hanging with our parents. | 尝试着和爸妈做朋友 |
[11:23] | Yeah, I guess it’s worth a try. | 嗯 我觉得这值得一试 |
[11:24] | Can’t be any weirder than tomato ice cream. | 反正它不会比番茄冰欺凌更奇怪的 |
[11:29] | (Smokey Robinson & the Miracles – Mickey’s Monkey) | |
[11:54] | 猴子诱饵 | |
[12:35] | This isn’t working, Lanny. | 这一点用都没有 兰尼 |
[12:38] | And we need to catch this chimp | 我们要在被这只猩猩 |
[12:40] | before he gets me grounded for life. | 陷害得禁足一辈子之前抓住它 |
[12:43] | We need some foolproof monkey bait. | 我们需要弄到某种简单的猴子诱饵 |
[12:47] | Hey, uh, Dad… | 嘿 呃 老爸 |
[12:49] | I was wondering if maybe you want to go fishing this weekend. | 我只是在想 周末你愿不愿意和我一起去钓鱼 |
[12:51] | You know, just you and me? | 你知道的 就我们父子俩 |
[12:55] | Do you feel all right, David? | 大卫 你还好吧 |
[12:57] | Yeah, why? | 还好啊 怎么了 |
[12:58] | Well, as-as a psychiatrist I’m aware that you’re at a stage | 嗯 作为一名精神医生 我知道在你这个年龄段 |
[13:02] | where it’s normal for you to seek separation from your parents. | 孩子开始和父母产生距离是一种很正常的表现 |
[13:06] | Yet you appear to desire closeness rather than distance. | 相对距离而言 你却对亲密表现出了更大的兴趣 |
[13:09] | Yeah, well, | 是啊 |
[13:10] | you never know what nutty thing I’ll do next. | 你永远都不可能了解下面我会有什么疯狂的点子 |
[13:13] | It’s just that I’ve been reading A River Runs Through It, | 因为最近我正好在读《大河之恋》 |
[13:15] | and it seems like it might be fun to go fishing. | 看上去 钓鱼是件很好玩的事儿 |
[13:19] | Ah! | 哈 |
[13:20] | Good luck. Saturday’s wide open. | 运气不错 周六我有空 |
[13:26] | We can leave at 6:30… breakfast at 7:00… | 我们可以在六点半出发 七点钟吃早饭 |
[13:30] | uh, back on the road by 7:35. | 嗯 七点三十五重新上路 |
[13:33] | We can be at Inspiration Overlook by 8:15 | 我们能在八点一刻的时候到灵感�t望台 |
[13:37] | where we can enjoy the majesty of nature for up to ten minutes. | 在那儿我们有十分钟享受俯视令人敬畏的自然的机会 |
[13:41] | That leaves time for a spontaneous discussion | 这样就能为我们自发讨论 |
[13:43] | of our place in the world | 人类在世界中的地位 |
[13:45] | and our emotional response to it. | 和我们所流露的情感留出时间 |
[13:47] | What do you think, three minutes, five minutes? | 你觉得我们要讨论多久 三分钟 还是五分钟 |
[13:49] | Three minutes. | 有三分钟就够了 |
[13:52] | Hey, baby. Here’s some clean towels. | 嘿 宝贝 这是干净的毛巾 |
[13:55] | Hey, they smell springtime fresh. | 他们闻起来真香 |
[13:58] | So, uh you want to be friends? | 嗯 我们能成为朋友吗 |
[14:00] | What? | 你说什么 |
[14:02] | You know, I thought we could hang out. | 我是说 我们可以一起逛街 |
[14:04] | Go to the mall or something. | 去大商场 或者干点别的事情 |
[14:06] | I-I’ll get my purse. | 我马上去拿钱包 |
[14:08] | -Really? -Are you kidding? | -真的要去 -你没玩笑吧 |
[14:10] | I get to spend time with my daughter? | 我要和我的宝贝女儿一起出去 |
[14:13] | I’ll even buy you a new outfit. | 我要跟你买一件新外套 |
[14:15] | And then you’ll need some shoes to go with it. | 而且你正好需要几双和外套相配的鞋子 |
[14:17] | And then we can go eat | 然后我们一起去吃饭 |
[14:18] | and then I’ll take you to Baubles ‘R Us | 吃完饭 我会带你去精品店 |
[14:20] | and you can get some new makeup | 你可以去买点新的化妆品 |
[14:21] | and some new things for your hair. | 还有新的头饰 |
[14:23] | I need to go get ready. | 我现在就要去准备一下 |
[14:28] | I’m still a little worried about your Nana. | 我还是有点担心你外婆 |
[14:30] | She went to Vegas like she always does when she’s upset. | 她还是像以前一样 一生气就去拉斯维加斯 |
[14:32] | but | 但是 |
[14:33] | this time when she came home | 这次她回家之后 |
[14:35] | she was still unhappy with Grandpa Chuck. | 她还在生你外公恰克的气 |
[14:38] | And she’d won four bingo jackpots. | 她竟然还在宾果游戏中中了四次头彩 |
[14:40] | I like being friends | 我喜欢和妈妈做朋友 |
[14:41] | but why can’t we just make pots and cut out all the drama? | 但是我们为什么不可以只做做陶艺 别讲这些事 |
[14:45] | I guess it’s just one of those times | 我想这次我们又要 |
[14:46] | when you have to wait and see how it all turns out. | 静候其变了 |
[14:48] | Like we did when your dad had that big tax problem. | 上次你爸出了税务问题 我们也是这样做的 |
[14:51] | Dad had tax problems? | 爸爸有税务问题 |
[14:53] | Oh, yeah, the government said we owed them a lot of money. | 哦 是啊 政府部门说我们欠它一大笔钱 |
[14:57] | I mean we thought we were going to lose the house, everything. | 我一直都以为我们会无家可归 失去一切 |
[15:00] | No more. No more! | 不要再说了 不要 |
[15:06] | It all turned out to be a big mistake. | 结果被证实这是一个错误 |
[15:07] | Your dad’s social security number is one digit | 你爸爸的社会福利号码 |
[15:10] | different from Bill Gates. | 与比尔・盖茨只差一个数字 |
[15:11] | So, that explains why the government | 这就是为什么政府认为我们 |
[15:13] | thought we owed them $618 million. | 欠他们六亿一千八百万 |
[15:19] | Oh, my gosh. | 哦 天啊 |
[15:19] | I-I just remembered. I have, like, a ton of homework. | 我刚才想起来 我还有一大堆的作业没做 |
[15:22] | It’s going to take me hours. | 要做好几个小时呢 |
[15:23] | You need help? | 要我帮忙么 |
[15:24] | I think I better do this on my own. | 我觉得我还是自己完成吧 |
[15:26] | I mean, how else am I going to learn? Bye. | 我是说 不学这些我还能学什么呢 我上去了 |
[15:28] | Where are you going?! Wait! Wait up! | 你要去哪 等等 等等我 |
[16:03] | Uh-oh. Whoa! What? | 不好了 天啊 这是 |
[16:08] | Matt? | 马特 |
[16:11] | Matt! All right, so there is a monkey. | 马特 好吧 这儿是有只猩猩 |
[16:17] | Hey, give me those bananas. | 嘿 把香蕉还给我 |
[16:19] | Matt! Hey, Matt! | 马特 你给我出来 |
[16:25] | Good toss, Lanny. | 干得不错 兰尼 |
[16:27] | It’s okay, Dad. Uh, we got him. | 没事儿啦 爸爸 我们抓住它了 |
[16:30] | Lanny was right. | 兰尼果然是对的 |
[16:31] | He knew if you got caught in our banana trap | 他知道如果你中了我们的圈套 |
[16:33] | the chimp couldn’t resist but coming out and laughing at you. | 那只猩猩肯定会忍不住出来嘲笑你一番 |
[16:36] | Yeah, son, you know | 嘿 儿子 你知道么 |
[16:37] | the next time you tell me there’s a chimp loose in the house | 下次你告诉我家里有只猩猩的捣乱时候 |
[16:39] | I’m going to believe you. | 我会相信你的 |
[16:40] | I’m sorry. You know, I think we all learned a lot from this. | 抱歉了 我想 我们俩都从中学到了很多 |
[16:44] | Yep. | 很对 |
[16:44] | You’ve learned to trust me more | 你终于知道要相信我的话了 |
[16:46] | and I’ve learned that you make great monkey bait. | 而我 发现你是一个很好的诱饵 |
[16:49] | Lizzie, you out here? | 利齐 你在外面啊 |
[16:51] | Uh-huh. | 嗯 |
[16:53] | Aw, man, she tracked me down. | 唉 天啊 她是不是在跟踪我 |
[16:55] | Well, I just talked to Nana. | 我刚刚和外婆打了个电话 |
[17:01] | Grandpa Chuck | 你外公恰克 |
[17:02] | bought her a single red rose | 给她买了一只红色玫瑰 |
[17:04] | took her out for Mongolian barbecue. | 带她出去吃蒙古烤肉 |
[17:06] | Everything’s fine. | 一切都很好 |
[17:08] | All she needed was a night out with her husband. | 她现在只需要和自己的丈夫在外面玩乐一夜 |
[17:13] | Honey, I can’t tell you how great it | 宝贝 能有你在旁边陪我 倾听一切 |
[17:15] | has been having you to talk all this out with. | 这实在是太好了 我太感动了 |
[17:19] | Yeah, it’s been great, Mom. You’re welcome. | 是啊 的确很好 不用谢我 妈妈 |
[17:23] | Is everything okay? | 你还好吧 |
[17:24] | Yeah. Everything’s fine. | 嗯 一切都好 |
[17:26] | I mean, Nana and Grandpa Chuck are back together | 我是说 外婆外公还是在一起生活 |
[17:28] | so it’s all good. | 所以一切都好 |
[17:30] | I guess I freaked out for no reason. | 可能是因为我被吓坏了吧 |
[17:32] | You freaked out? | 你被吓到了 |
[17:33] | No. | 我没有 |
[17:37] | I did. | 其实我有 |
[17:38] | I didn’t want to, Mom. | 其实我不想的 妈妈 |
[17:39] | I wanted to be there for you but | 我是真的很想一直陪着你 但是 |
[17:40] | Nana and Grandpa Chuck were splitting up | 外婆和外公竟然要分开 |
[17:42] | Dad was having tax problems, and I-I… | 爸爸竟然有漏税的问题 我 |
[17:44] | Honey, I’m… | 宝贝 我 |
[17:46] | I’m really sorry. | 我真的很抱歉 |
[17:47] | I really didn’t want to upset you. | 我不想让你有这种不安的感觉 |
[17:49] | I know, but… I did get upset | 我知道 其实我真的很不安 |
[17:52] | so maybe I’m just not ready for this sort of thing yet. | 也许 我还没做好准备来接受这些事儿 |
[17:54] | The kind of stuff I’m ready for is | 至于那些我已经准备好的事 比如说 |
[17:56] | How do I get Ethan Craft to like me? | 我怎样才能让伊桑・克拉夫特喜欢上我 |
[17:58] | And…Am I having a good hair day? | 还有 我今天的发型怎样 |
[18:00] | I’m barely ready for that. | 我只准备好应付这些问题了 |
[18:02] | I like doing stuff together, Mom | 我喜欢和你在一起做事儿 妈妈 |
[18:04] | and feeling like I can share things with you. | 而且 我觉得我能和你分享一切 |
[18:07] | But… | 但是 |
[18:08] | maybe we’ll just have to wait for a few years. | 也许我们还需要再等上几年 |
[18:10] | Is that okay? | 可以吗 妈妈 |
[18:11] | Sure. | 一言为定 |
[18:14] | I’m going to miss you, sweet potato. | 亲爱的 我会想念你这个朋友的 |
[18:16] | I’m going to miss you, too, Mom. | 我也会想念你的 妈妈 |
[18:18] | But I’m glad to know that we can be friends. | 但是 很高兴知道我们能成为好朋友 |
[18:20] | So am I. And I know it’s going to be worth the wait. | 我也是 我知道这值得我去等 |
[18:23] | Why don’t you hang on to this until then. | 在我们再次成为朋友之前 把这个收着吧 |
[18:30] | Oh. It’s your pointy hunk of broken plastic. | 嘿 这不是那个三角形的塑料碎片吗 |
[18:32] | And it’s very, very precious to me. | 对我而言 它真的十分珍贵 |
[18:35] | So, you can give it back to me when | 等你准备好和我成为朋友的时候 |
[18:37] | we’re ready to be friends. Okay? | 再还给我 好吗 |
[18:39] | Okay. | 没问题 |
[18:44] | I just want you to know that you’re an evil, demon chimp | 我要告诉你 你就是恶魔的化身 |
[18:48] | and I never want to see your evil face again. | 我再也不想看到你那邪恶的脸了 |
[18:52] | Hi. You called about our chimp? | 你好 是你打电话说我们的猩猩的事儿吗 |
[18:54] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[18:55] | There you are, Fredo. I am so glad you found him. | 你在这里啊 弗雷多 你能找到他真是太好了 |
[18:59] | He’s such a little sweetheart, isn’t he? | 他真是一个惹人爱的小东西 是吧 |
[19:01] | -Time to go home. -I missed you. | -要回家啦 -我想死你了 |
[19:05] | I know you ran off, Fredo. | 我知道你自己私自跑出去了 |
[19:07] | You broke my heart. | 我心都碎了 |
[19:10] | So, Chinese food tonight? | 今晚吃中餐吧 |
[19:15] | And then she bought me these new earrings | 然后她给我买了这些新耳环 还有 |
[19:17] | and five things of lip gloss and a really cool sweater. | 五种不同的唇膏 还有一件很漂亮的毛衣 |
[19:20] | And yet you don’t seem too happy. | 可你看起来不怎么高兴 |
[19:22] | Well, she was so happy to spend time with me | 这么说吧 和我在一起 她好像有点兴奋过头了 |
[19:26] | that she was going to buy me everything in the mall. | 我总觉得她会把商场里所有的东西都买给我 |
[19:28] | I felt so guilty. | 我总觉得很内疚 |
[19:30] | Bad time for your conscience to kick in. | 现在不是良心发挥作用的时候 |
[19:32] | Tell me about it. | 这我也知道 |
[19:33] | Oh, so how was the fishing? | 噢 你的钓鱼怎么样 |
[19:35] | Ah, it didn’t happen. | 唉 我们没去成 |
[19:37] | During our 8:15 appreciation of the majesty of nature | 我们在八点一刻享受俯视令人敬畏的自然的时候 |
[19:41] | we were the target of an unscheduled skunk attack. | 我们成为了一只臭鼬的靶子 |
[19:44] | I spent the entire day bathing in tomato juice. Yeah. | 我一整天都在淋番茄汁浴 悲剧吧 |
[19:51] | Um, you smell like a-a pine tree. | 呃 可是你闻起来像松树 |
[19:54] | -That’s because I’m wearing a car air freshener. -Oh. | -那是因为我带着汽车清新剂 -这样啊 |
[19:58] | Hey, you guys. | 嘿 你们好 |
[19:59] | Hey. Hi, Mrs. McGuire. | 你来了 你好 迈奎尔太太 |
[20:00] | So, I’m going to see you at home later? | 待会回家见咯 |
[20:02] | You’re not staying? | 你不留下来吗 |
[20:03] | No. I’m just dropping Lizzie off and getting some coffee to go. | 不 我只是把利齐送过来 顺带带点咖啡回家 |
[20:14] | So, um, why aren’t you hanging out with your mom? | 你怎么没有和你妈妈继续做朋友 |
[20:16] | I-I think things just didn’t work out. | 大概是因为事情不像我想象的那样吧 |
[20:19] | It’s tough hanging out with parents. | 和爸妈呆在一起真难熬 |
[20:20] | They have their world and we have ours. | 他们有他们的世界 而我们有我们自己的 |
[20:23] | It’s a bad idea to mix them. | 把这两样混在一起的感觉 一点都不好 |
[20:25] | Yeah, bad idea. | 是啊 这真是个糟糕的主意 |
[20:37] | Ready and action. | 预备 开始 |
[20:38] | Listen to me, all of you. | 同学们 听好了 |
[20:41] | Blah! | 哈 |
[20:42] | That’s it. That’s it. Oh, it’s okay, go on. | 就是那个 就是那个 哦 那没事的 继续啊 |
[20:46] | You’re right, Lanny. | 被你说对了 兰尼 |
[20:49] | You’re right, Lanny. | 被你说对了 兰尼 |
[20:52] | You’re… Stop smiling. | 被你 不要逗我笑啦 |
[20:57] | I’m talking to my mom about guys | 我和妈妈谈论那些男生们 |
[20:58] | and I’m not even embarrassed. | 竟然一点都不觉得尴尬 |
[21:00] | I’m turning into a grownup as we speak. Whoa! | 在我们对话过程中 我长大了 哇哦 |
[21:05] | Go! Hold on. Hold on.Okay. | 加油 撑住 撑住 没事的 |
[21:06] | We need some new bananas, though. | 可我们还需要点新的香蕉 |