时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | La-la-la-la-la-la-la. | 啦 啦 啦 啦 啦 啦 啦 |
[00:05] | Rehearsal better not go late today. | 今天彩排最好不要太晚 |
[00:08] | I’ve got three book reports to finish and a science project | 我有三个读书报告要完成 一个科学项目 |
[00:10] | to mummify. I don’t have time for all this stuff. | 要完工保存 我没有时间干这些事 |
[00:13] | Well, why did you sign up, then? | 那么 你为什么又要报名呢 |
[00:15] | Because I need a non-academic activity on my school | 因为在我的学校履历上需要一项非学术活动 |
[00:17] | resume to impress charter school admissions officers. | 来得到大学招生负责人的青睐 |
[00:20] | Okay, people, let’s keep our chins high, high, high | 好的 让我们把下巴抬得高高的 |
[00:23] | in the air and we’ll all sound like red-crested warblers. | 抬起来 我们听起来就会像赤顶莺一样 |
[00:27] | I tell you, all this extra work I’m doing– | 告诉你 我做的所有这些额外的事 |
[00:29] | pressure is killing me. | 给我带来的压力让我喘不过气来 |
[00:30] | And… one, two! | 一 二 |
[00:32] | Camptown ladies sing this song | 康城的女士们唱这首歌 |
[00:35] | Doo-dah, doo-dah | 嘟嗒 嘟嗒 |
[00:37] | Camptown racetrack’s five miles long… | 康城的跑道有五英里长 |
[00:39] | I wonder if the glee club is ever going to perform a song | 我想知道合唱团是否曾经唱过哪首 |
[00:42] | that wasn’t a big hit during the Civil War. | 在内战期间不是大受欢迎的歌 |
[00:44] | …on the bay. | 在海湾 |
[00:46] | Lovely, everyone. | 每个人都很可爱 |
[00:47] | Let’s practice, practice, practice when we’re at home, | 我们回家之后要练习 练习再练习 |
[00:50] | and Gordo let’s keep those “doo-dahs” a little snappier. | 还有戈多 你要把“嘟嗒”唱得更潇洒一些 |
[00:54] | Gordo, how do you expect to get anywhere | 戈多 难道你这辈子会在哪儿 |
[00:56] | in life with sloppy “doo-dahs”? | 唱出懒散的“嘟嗒”吗 |
[00:58] | Relax, it’s just a joke. | 放松 开个玩笑 |
[01:00] | He’s kind of stressed. Buried under homework and stuff. | 他有点紧张 被家庭作业之类的事情埋起来了 |
[01:02] | You know, I think we should try out for the Fact-Athalon. | 你知道吗 我想我们应该参加知识竞赛 |
[01:05] | Hello! | 你好 |
[01:08] | Gordo’s already squashed by all the schoolwork he does. | 戈多已经被他的作业压扁了 |
[01:10] | Why would he sign up for an academic competition | 他为什么要报名参加这个会给他带来 |
[01:13] | that would put even more pressure on him? It could kill him. | 更多压力的学术竞赛呢 那会杀了他的 |
[01:16] | Winners get to go to Miami. | 胜者可以去迈阿密 |
[01:19] | Miami? Gordo, you’ve got to win this thing for us. | 迈阿密 戈多 你得为我们赢得这个比赛 |
[01:22] | You’ve got to study and you’ve got to win. | 你要学习 你要获胜 |
[01:24] | We’ll all study, we’ll all win and we’ll all go to Miami. | 我们都要学习 我们都要获胜 我们都要去迈阿密 |
[01:27] | Madonna loves Miami. | 麦当娜喜欢迈阿密 |
[01:33] | The Fact-Athalon might be good for my resume. | 知识竞赛也许对我的学校履历有好处 |
[01:35] | All right, I’ll do it, but we have to do it together | 好的 我干了 但是我们得一起做 |
[01:38] | and we have to be completely focused. | 我们要完全集中精力 |
[01:40] | Completely focused. | 完全集中精力 |
[01:41] | Completely focused. | 完全集中精力 |
[01:44] | There. Completely focused. | 对呀 完全集中精力 |
[01:47] | Focus, focus, focus, focus, focus! | 集中 集中 集中 集中 集中 |
[01:54] | If you believe | 如果你相信 |
[01:56] | we’ve got a picture-perfect plan | 我们事先就有一个绝妙的计划 |
[02:01] | We’ve got you fooled | 那你就错了 |
[02:04] | ‘Cause we only do the best we can | 我们不过是在尽力而为 |
[02:10] | And sometimes we make it | 有时我们会取得成功 |
[02:13] | And sometimes we fake it | 有时我们会把事情搞砸 |
[02:16] | But we get one step closer each and every day | 但我们离目标一天比一天近 |
[02:22] | We’ll figure it out on the way. | 我们会在途中解决所有难题 |
[02:26] | Lizzie McGuire S01E25 Facts of Life | |
[02:30] | Okay. Who was Ulysses S. Grant? | 好的 尤利塞斯・S・格兰特是谁 |
[02:33] | Okay, okay. Okay, I know this. He was on the $50 bill. | 好的 好的 我知道 50美元钞票上有他 |
[02:37] | Yeah, but what did he do? | 是的 但是他做了什么 |
[02:39] | It had something to do with Abraham Lincoln | 肯定和亚伯拉罕・林肯有关 |
[02:41] | and Lincoln was on the five, so that must mean | 林肯在5美元上 所以那一定意味着 |
[02:44] | Grant was ten times more important. | 格兰特要重要十倍 |
[02:45] | He was the commanding Union general of the Civil War. | 他是内战中担任联邦军队指挥的将军 |
[02:48] | Ooh. | 哦 |
[02:49] | Ask me something. | 问我点儿什么吧 |
[02:50] | Okay, who invented the cotton gin? | 好的 谁发明了轧棉机 |
[02:53] | Oh, shoot. Um… Um… | 哦 难到我了 嗯 嗯 |
[02:56] | I will always love you-hoo… | 我会永远爱你 |
[02:58] | Houston. Houston. Whitney Houston… Eli Whitney. | 休斯顿 休斯顿 惠特尼・休斯顿 艾丽・惠特尼 |
[03:02] | I’m running out of memory hooks. This is brutal. | 我的记忆存储用光了 真是太讨厌了 |
[03:05] | If our forefathers knew how dull history was going to be, | 如果我们的祖先知道历史会有多么无趣 |
[03:08] | I bet they wouldn’t have gone around making so much of it. | 我敢打赌他们不会到处转悠 制造这么多历史了 |
[03:10] | Sorry I’m late– I was getting you doughnuts. | 抱歉我来晚了 我去给你们买炸面包圈了 |
[03:12] | Where are they? | 在哪儿 |
[03:13] | Oh, I ate them– yours had coconut. | 哦 我吃掉了 你们的油炸圈饼上有椰子 |
[03:15] | I know you don’t like coconut. | 我知道你们不喜欢椰子 |
[03:16] | Okay. Thanks. | 好的 谢谢 |
[03:18] | So, I signed us up for the Fact-Athalon. | 那么 我给我们几个都报名参加知识竞赛了 |
[03:21] | All we need to do now is get a faculty advisor. | 我们现在需要做的就是找一个有能力的指导老师 |
[03:23] | Every team needs one. | 每个队伍都需要一个 |
[03:24] | Oh, let’s get Mr. Stoiko. | 哦 我们找斯托伊克先生吧 |
[03:26] | He’s the smartest teacher in the whole, entire school. | 他是整个学校中最聪明的老师了 |
[03:28] | He’s got that huge head. | 他的头很大 |
[03:30] | Kate already got him. | 凯特已经找了他 |
[03:32] | Kate. | 凯特 |
[03:33] | Don’t worry, we can get Mrs. Trimmer. | 别担心 我们可以找崔默夫人 |
[03:35] | She’s tough, she’s smart. She’ll make us study hard. | 她很严厉 很聪明 她能让我们努力学习 |
[03:37] | Sounds good. Gordo, quick– | 听起来不错 戈多 快 |
[03:39] | what was Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address? | 林肯的葛底斯堡演说(address也有地址的意思)是什么 |
[03:40] | 318 Main Street, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. | 宾夕法尼亚州葛底斯堡318主街 |
[03:44] | Just a joke. | 开个玩笑 |
[03:45] | That’s not a joke. | 这不是玩笑 |
[03:46] | “What does a cannibal call a phone book? | 食人族管电话薄叫什么 |
[03:49] | A menu.” | 菜单 |
[03:50] | Now, that is a joke. | 这才是个玩笑 |
[03:58] | Hey, do we have any musical instruments? | 嘿 我们有什么乐器吗 |
[04:00] | Uh, my old cymbals, from marching band. | 啊 我的旧铜钹 步操乐队里用的 |
[04:03] | No good. Lanny and I are starting a band. | 没用 兰尼和我要建个乐队 |
[04:06] | We’re living the dream and you can’t play a | 我们要实现这个梦想 你不能用铜钹 |
[04:08] | blistering rock ‘n’ roll anthem on the cymbals. | 来演奏激烈的摇滚版的国歌 |
[04:11] | Well, how about my old guitar? | 那么 我的旧吉他怎么样 |
[04:14] | I used to be in a band myself, you know. | 我自己也参加过乐队 你知道的 |
[04:15] | You? Were in a band? | 你 参加过乐队 |
[04:18] | Yeah. It was me and Cousin Ree-Ree and his buddy Stucco. | 是的 是我和堂兄里里 还有他的好朋友斯图科 |
[04:23] | We were called Midnight Sam and the Love Patrol. | 我们的乐队叫午夜萨姆和爱情巡逻队 |
[04:28] | When you feel the beat… Dancing, dancing | 当你感觉到这节奏 跳起来 跳起来 |
[04:31] | Ooh, you’ve got to move your feet Dancing, dancing | 哦 你要移动你的脚 跳起来 跳起来 |
[04:35] | Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah… | 哦 是的 是的 是的 |
[04:40] | Hey, I’ll have you know, son– we rocked. | 嘿 我会让你知道的 儿子 我们很酷 |
[04:45] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[04:50] | Mrs. Trimmer wanted me to work out a study schedule. | 崔默夫人想要我制定一个学习计划 |
[04:53] | I figure we’ll put in an hour each day in math, | 我想我们应该每天分别花一小时在数学 |
[04:55] | science, history and English. | 科学 历史 和英语上 |
[04:57] | Ugh. Guess I’ll just have to get by on three hours of sleep. | 我想我只能有三小时用来睡觉了 |
[05:02] | I cannot possibly study four extra hours a day | 我如果每天多学习四小时 |
[05:05] | and still have time for the important stuff. | 就不可能再有时间做其他重要的事情了 |
[05:07] | This is really going to be a sacrifice. | 这真的会是一种牺牲 |
[05:11] | Ugh. I’m giving up eating dinner and talking to my parents | 啊 我不能吃晚饭也不能和父母谈话了 |
[05:15] | but it’ll all be worth it when we go to Miami. | 不过为了我们能去迈阿密 这些都值 |
[05:18] | We’re totally going to win it with Mrs. Trimmer. | 有了崔默夫人 我们一定会获胜的 |
[05:20] | Mrs. Trimmer has left the country. | 崔默夫人出国了 |
[05:25] | I’ll be substituting for her while she’s gone. | 她不在的时候由我来代替她 |
[05:27] | But, Mr. Dig, she’s supposed to be | 可是 迪格先生 她应该是我们 |
[05:28] | our advisor for the Fact- Athalon. | 知识竞赛的指导老师 |
[05:30] | I got your back on that one. | 在这方面我来支持你们 |
[05:31] | You’re going to be our advisor? | 你会成为我们的指导老师 |
[05:33] | Yeah, I was good enough to tutor Christina Aguilera in Spanish | 是的 我辅导克里斯蒂娜・安其拉西班牙语 |
[05:35] | and tutor the governor of Michigan in economics. | 辅导密歇根州的政府官员学经济学 都做得很好 |
[05:38] | I was good enough to tutor Ben Affleck about Pearl Harbor. | 我辅导本・阿弗雷克演珍珠港 也做得很好 |
[05:41] | You taught all those people? | 你教过这些人 |
[05:42] | Oh, no. They wouldn’t let me but I was good enough, | 哦 不 他们不会让我教的 可是我真的做得很好 |
[05:46] | and if I’m good enough for them I’m good enough for you. | 如果我能教好他们 当然也能教好你们 |
[05:48] | Meet me back here at 5:00 We’ll start with math. | 五点钟再在这里见 我们先开始学数学 |
[05:51] | Well, this should be interesting. | 好吧 肯定会很有趣的 |
[05:55] | Hey, guys. What are you doing? | 嘿 小家伙们 你们在做什么 |
[05:57] | Well, Lanny says that all the best bands have more than | 嗯 兰尼说所有好的乐队都有两个以上的成员 |
[06:00] | two people so were having auditions for our third member. | 所以我们在面试第三个成员 |
[06:03] | Oh. So there’s going to be lots of kids | 哦 所以整个下午这里都会有很多孩子 |
[06:05] | playing instruments real loud all afternoon? | 大声地演奏乐器 |
[06:08] | Uh-huh. | 啊哈 |
[06:08] | Uh-huh. Hey, honey, I’m going to head down | 啊哈 嘿 亲爱的 下午的剩余时间 |
[06:11] | to the office for the rest of the afternoon. | 我要去办公室 |
[06:43] | Great, babe. We’ll call you. Okay? | 太好了 孩子 我们会给你打电话 好吗 |
[06:57] | Name, please? | 请问你的名字是 |
[06:58] | Rick. Rick Marotta. | 瑞克 瑞克・马洛塔 |
[07:00] | He’s a bit old to be a rock star don’t you think? | 你不觉得作为一个摇滚明星他的年纪有点儿大吗 |
[07:05] | It says here you’ve played with Linda Ronstadt!? | 这里说你和琳达・朗斯塔特一起表演过 |
[07:09] | James Taylor!? | 詹姆斯・泰勒 |
[07:11] | Steely Dan!? | 史坦利・丹 |
[07:13] | John Lennon!? | 约翰・列侬 |
[07:16] | Never heard of them. | 没听说过他们 |
[07:18] | Okay, we’ll see what you got. | 好的 看你有什么本事吧 |
[07:32] | Congratulations, Rick. You got yourself a gig. | 恭喜你 瑞克 你为自己赢得演出机会了 |
[07:35] | Thanks, guys. Thanks for the break. | 谢谢 伙计们 非常感谢 |
[07:37] | Oh, excuse me. Hello? Dad, I got the gig. | 哦 抱歉 你好 爸爸 我得到演出机会了 |
[07:43] | Protractor, compass and calculator. | 分度器 指南针 计算器 |
[07:46] | Oh, look at Lizzie studying. | 哦 看看利齐在学习 |
[07:48] | You must really think you can beat us. | 你一定认为你能打败我们吧 |
[07:51] | You guys have less of a chance than Marc Antony’s fleet | 你们并不比公元前12世纪亚历山大战争时 |
[07:53] | at the Battle of Alexandria in 12 BC. It was a Tuesday. | 马克・安东尼的舰队的机会多 那是在星期二 |
[07:57] | You guys, we got no time to waste. We’ve got to study. Study. | 伙计 我们没时间用来浪费 我们要学习 学习 |
[08:00] | Study, study. | 学习 学习 |
[08:05] | Mark Anthony the singer? | 马克・安东尼 是个歌手吗 |
[08:07] | Is it safe? | 前面安全吗 |
[08:08] | Yeah. Go straight. | 是的 直走 |
[08:09] | Yeah, Now, turn right. No, not… Yet. | 好的 现在 右转 不 还没到 |
[08:17] | Okay, now turn around. Go left. | 好的 现在后转 向左走 |
[08:19] | No, not your left– my left. | 不 不是你的左边 是我的左边 |
[08:22] | Is that Gordo back there? | 是戈多回来了吗 |
[08:23] | I took out every math book the library had. | 我把图书馆里的数学书全拿来了 |
[08:26] | And we have our compasses and our rulers | 而且我们有指南针 尺子 |
[08:28] | and our protractors and everything. | 分度器 所有东西 |
[08:29] | Good. Good. Get rid of it all. | 好的 好的 把它们统统丢掉 |
[08:32] | Why, what are we going to study with? | 为什么 那我们用什么学习呢 |
[08:34] | These. | 这些 |
[08:36] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[08:38] | Uh, those are cards. | 啊 这些是扑克 |
[08:40] | Very good, Miranda. If we need you to identify | 很好 米兰达 如果我们需要你在知识竞赛上 |
[08:43] | any other objects in the Fact-Athalon, you’re our go-to girl. | 鉴别任何其它物体 都由你来负责 |
[08:46] | So, what, are we going to, like, study math by playing poker? | 那么 怎么 我们要通过玩扑克来学数学 |
[08:49] | Course not. What kind of bughouse idea is that? | 当然不试 那是什么疯狂的主意 |
[08:52] | We’re going to play blackjack. Grab some chips. | 我们要玩21点 抓点儿炸土豆条 |
[08:55] | Um… Maybe Mrs. Trimmer didn’t explain the Fact-Athalon | 嗯 或许崔默夫人没向你解释知识竞赛是什么 |
[08:58] | to you but it’s intense. We have to study. | 可是时间很紧张 我们得学习 |
[09:01] | We’re just going to do it differently. | 我们只是用不同的方法学习而已 |
[09:03] | Look. We are going to learn things by doing it. | 看 我们通过玩这个来学东西 |
[09:05] | If you play blackjack, you learn math. | 如果你玩21点 你就学了数学 |
[09:08] | Addition, subtraction, probability, ratios. | 加法 减法 概率 比率 |
[09:11] | I think we should study the old-fashioned way. | 我想我们应该用旧方法学习 |
[09:13] | You know, where you read books and you memorize facts. | 知道吗 只有读书才能让你记住知识 |
[09:16] | Where you turn into an old, worried man at 13. | 然后你13岁就成了一个焦虑的老男人 |
[09:19] | I am not an old man. | 我才不是老男人 |
[09:23] | I think Mr. Dig’s way could work. | 我想迪格先生的方法说不定有用 |
[09:25] | I think it could really work well. Hit me, dealer. | 我想会很有效的 快发牌吧 |
[09:32] | English history. | 英国历史 |
[09:34] | Grab thee a turkey leg and eat it fast | 拿一个火鸡腿 快速地吃掉它 |
[09:36] | ’cause we didn’t have refrigeration in the 16th century | 因为在16世纪还没有冰箱 |
[09:38] | and the only way to preserve this is to cake it with salt. | 唯一的保质方法就是用盐腌制 |
[09:45] | Okay, we start with H2O and then we add bicarbonate of soda… | 好的 我们从水开始 然后加入碳酸氢钠 |
[09:51] | And that creates carbon dioxide. | 这样就产生了二氧化碳 |
[09:54] | Okay, I know there are at least 12 more face cards | 好的 我知道一副牌里至少有12张花牌 |
[09:56] | in the deck which means there’s a two-to-one ratio | 也就是说花牌和点数牌 |
[09:58] | of face cards to spot cards. | 的比率是二比一 |
[10:00] | I’m going to split my eights so I can double my cookies. | 我把八分开 我的饼干就翻倍了 |
[10:05] | Anyone seen much of the peasants, lately? | 最近有人见过那些农民吗 |
[10:07] | Um. Saw them just today. | 嗯 昨天我见了 |
[10:09] | Oh, and how are they? | 哦 他们怎么样 |
[10:11] | Muddy.You know, wallowing in the muck and whatnot. | 很脏 你知道的 在肥料之类的东西里面打滚 |
[10:14] | By the way, my liege, | 顺便说一句 我的国王 |
[10:15] | I failed to produce thee a male heir for the throne. | 我想为你生一个男性继承人 不过失败了 |
[10:18] | Oh, no matter.I’ll just break away from the Church of Rome | 哦 没关系 我刚和罗马教廷决裂了 |
[10:22] | start the Church of England, | 建立了英国国教 |
[10:23] | have your head lopped off and marry that saucy wench. | 砍了你的头 娶了那个傲慢的少妇 |
[10:26] | Okay. | 好的 |
[10:27] | Then we add a sucrose compound and a thickening agent. | 我们加点儿蔗糖混合物和增稠剂 |
[10:31] | And we shake it all up and that creates… | 然后摇一摇 就形成了 |
[10:36] | an egg cream. L’Chaim. | 全蛋液 干杯 |
[10:49] | Do you believe those dirks? | 你能相信这些傻瓜做的事情吗 |
[10:50] | No time to talk– study, study. | 没时间说话了 学习 学习 |
[10:52] | You’ve got some sort of weird | 你有点儿奇怪 |
[10:54] | Snakewoman From Mars thing going on your neck there. | 来自火星的蛇女在你的脖子上爬 |
[10:57] | Stress rash from all this studying. Leave me alone. | 学习中充满了压力 别烦我 |
[10:59] | Would you guys quit distracting me? | 你们能不能别再让我分心 |
[11:00] | Time to understand physics. | 是理解物理知识的时间了 |
[11:02] | Bodies of unequal weight fall at the same speed. | 不同重量的物体以相同的速度降落 |
[11:07] | Oh, cool– Watermelon omelet. | 哦 酷 西瓜炒鸡蛋 |
[11:15] | Hit me. | 发牌 |
[11:16] | 13 | 13. |
[11:17] | Hit me. | 发牌 |
[11:19] | Boo-ya!21! | 啵呀 21点 |
[11:22] | Cash me out. I’ll be at the buffet. | 给我兑换成现金吧 我要吃自助餐 |
[11:27] | That’s a ridiculous name. | 这名字太荒谬了 |
[11:29] | I don’t want to call our band “The Lanny and Matt Band.” | 我可不想把我们的乐队命名为“兰尼和马特乐队” |
[11:33] | What kind of name is that? How could you come up with that? | 那是什么名字啊 你怎么能想到这种说法 |
[11:36] | Hey, what’s going on out here? | 嘿 出什么事了 |
[11:37] | We can’t agree on a name for the band. | 我们不能在乐队名字的问题上达成一致 |
[11:39] | I want something thought-provoking | 我想要一个发人深省的 |
[11:41] | something that says we’re all about the issues. | 一个能代表我们特色的名字 |
[11:44] | Well, what do you want to call it? | 那么 你想管它叫什么 |
[11:47] | Spoink. | 弹弹怪 |
[11:48] | Well, maybe you guys should focus more on rehearsing, | 好吧 也许你们应该更多地关注排练 |
[11:51] | and the name will take care of itself. | 名字会照顾好自己的 |
[11:52] | You’re right, Dad. We’ve got to be all about the music. | 你是对的 爸爸 我们应该关注音乐 |
[11:55] | Count us in, Rick. | 我们开始吧 瑞克 |
[11:56] | One, two, three. | 一 二 三 |
[12:05] | How many times have I heard you complain? Once. Twice… | 我听你抱怨过多少次了 一次 两次 |
[12:10] | I’ll be at the office! | 我要去办公室 |
[12:16] | Fifth Amendment? | 第五修正案 |
[12:17] | Uh, protection against self-incrimination. | 啊 不被强迫自证其罪的权利 |
[12:21] | Greetings, wench. Good fortune and fair time of day. Eww! | 你好啊 姑娘 好运 玩得开心 |
[12:26] | Shouldn’t you weirdoes be out playing dress-up or something? | 你们这些怪物不该打扮打扮再出来吗 |
[12:28] | Listen, Twitchy you guys are going down faster than | 听着 神经质 你们会比楼上掉下来的西瓜 |
[12:31] | a watermelon dropped off a building. | 落下来的更快 |
[12:33] | Yeah. While you guys were studying stuff we were living it. | 是的 你们学这些东西的时候 我们生活在其中 |
[12:37] | Thank you for coming, everyone | 感谢大家的到来 |
[12:38] | and welcome to the 12th Annual Fact-Athalon. | 欢迎来到第12届年度知识竞赛 |
[12:44] | Our first category is: English History. | 第一类题目是 英国历史 |
[12:48] | Yes. | 好的 |
[12:50] | Fare thee well, Kate. | 祝你好运 凯特 |
[12:51] | We’ve come to bury you, not to praise you. | 我们是来埋葬你的 不是来赞美你的 |
[12:54] | Alas, poor Kate. Har-har-har. | 天啊 可怜的凯特 哈哈哈 |
[12:57] | Who commanded the British Fleet at the Battle of Trafalgar? | 在特拉法尔加海战中指挥英国舰队的是谁 |
[13:02] | Lord Horatio Nelson. | 霍雷肖・纳尔逊上将 |
[13:04] | Correct. | 正确 |
[13:07] | Name the competing factions in the War of the Roses. | 说出玫瑰战争中对立的派别 |
[13:12] | The Lancasters and the Yorks. | 兰开斯特人和约克人 |
[13:14] | Correct. | 正确 |
[13:16] | Who signed the Magna Carta? | 谁签订了大宪章 |
[13:20] | King John, in the year 1215, at Runnymede. | 约翰王 1215年 在拉尼米德 |
[13:22] | Correct. | 正确 |
[13:24] | Uh-oh. Ugh… | 啊哦 啊 |
[13:31] | Moving on to the American Revolution. | 转到美国革命 |
[13:34] | What year did the Boston Tea Party occur? | 波士顿倾茶事件在哪年发生 |
[13:36] | December 16, 1773. | 1773年12月16日 |
[13:40] | Why didn’t we get that one? | 我们为什么不抢这个题呢 |
[13:42] | ‘Cause we didn’t study dates and places and times. | 因为我们没记日期 地点和时间 |
[13:45] | I know what the colonists felt but I don’t know when | 我知道殖民者怎样想 可我不知道他们 |
[13:47] | they felt it. He needs to ask questions about turkey legs. | 是什么时候想的 他应该问关于火鸡腿的问题 |
[13:50] | This is massively stinkful. | 实在是太糟糕了 |
[13:52] | What year did Abraham Lincoln sign | 亚伯拉罕・林肯在哪年签署 |
[13:54] | the Emancipation Proclamation? | 《解放黑奴宣言》 |
[13:56] | He signed it so that abolition would become an actual issue | 他签署了它 使得废奴成为内战的 |
[13:59] | of the Civil War and to show that he was confident | 实际问题 显示了他在安提坦战役后 |
[14:01] | in the Union Army after the Battle of the Antietam. | 对联邦军队的信心 |
[14:03] | Mm, we’re looking for the date. | 嗯 我们需要的是日期 |
[14:05] | Oh, right–the date. Pass. | 哦 对 日期 过 |
[14:10] | September 22, 1862. | 1862年9月22日 |
[14:13] | Okay, here’s the plan: Gordo, you fake being sick. | 好吧 这样办 戈多 你假装有病 |
[14:16] | Miranda, you turn on the fire sprinklers. | 米兰达 你去打开消防喷头 |
[14:18] | Then we’re going to get out of here. | 然后我们离开这里 |
[14:19] | Get real. We just have to focus. We can do this. | 现实点儿 我们只是需要集中精力 我们能做到的 |
[14:22] | Edward Jenner discovered the smallpox vaccine. | 爱德华・詹纳发现了牛痘苗 |
[14:25] | Oh, for pity sake. | 哦 太遗憾了 |
[14:28] | Jackson! | 杰克逊 |
[14:28] | What is the square root of pi? | 圆周率的平方根是多少 |
[14:32] | 1.98324 | 1.98324? |
[14:35] | Charles Dickens in 1849. | 查尔斯・狄更斯在1849年 |
[14:37] | N.A.C.L. | 全国临床实验室协会 |
[14:38] | 1812 | 1812. |
[14:39] | Correct. | 正确 |
[14:41] | Correct! | 正确 |
[14:43] | Correct! | 正确 |
[14:46] | Missouri Compromise. | 密苏里和约 |
[14:48] | July 20th, 1969. | 1969年7月20日 |
[14:49] | Ring-tailed lemur. | 环尾狐猴 |
[14:53] | Oh, my heart! | 哦 我的心脏 |
[14:56] | Gordo, are you okay?! | 戈多 你还好吧 |
[15:09] | Come on, come on, come on. | 快点 快点 快点 |
[15:16] | Do we have any aspirin?! | 我们还有阿司匹林吗 |
[15:17] | You got a headache, too?! | 你也头疼了 |
[15:18] | No, I just think they’d make good earplugs! | 不 我只是在想它们可以当作不错的耳塞 |
[15:22] | Okay, stop, stop, stop! | 好的 停 停 停 |
[15:25] | Hey, I need some root beer for Lanny | 嘿 我需要给兰尼来点儿麦根汽水 |
[15:27] | and some coffee and antacid for Rick Marotta. | 给瑞克・马洛塔来点儿咖啡和解酸剂 |
[15:31] | Um, Matt, your dad and I are thinking | 嗯 马特 你爸爸和我在想 |
[15:34] | that maybe this band thing just isn’t working out. | 也许乐队这件事情并不靠谱 |
[15:38] | I mean, you guys rehearse a lot… | 我是说 你们已经排练了很长时间了 |
[15:39] | A lot. | 很长时间 |
[15:40] | And you’re not, um, not getting much better. | 可你们 嗯 没多少进展 |
[15:43] | Are you saying we should quit? | 你是说我们应该放弃吗 |
[15:45] | No. No, no, no. | 不 不 不 不 |
[15:46] | Well, yes. | 好吧 是的 |
[15:47] | Haven’t you guys always told me that | 你们不是经常告诉我 |
[15:49] | if you really love something you should stick | 如果你真的喜欢一件事的话 |
[15:51] | with it no matter how long it takes? | 不论花多少时间都要坚持下去吗 |
[15:54] | Yeah. You know what? We have always said that. | 是的 知道吗 我们的确总是那样说 |
[15:57] | But, um, the thing is… we were wrong. | 可是 嗯 问题是 我们错了 |
[16:00] | Dead wrong. We see that now, Son. | 大错特错 我们现在知道了 儿子 |
[16:03] | Our band isn’t giving up. | 我们的乐队是不会放弃的 |
[16:05] | Today is Friday and by the time we have our backyard concert, | 今天是星期五 到星期天我们举行 |
[16:09] | on Sunday we’re going to be laying | 后院音乐会的时候 |
[16:11] | down some insane tune-age. | 我们会更加疯狂的 |
[16:14] | And we don’t need your root beer. | 我们不需要你的麦根汽水了 |
[16:19] | The office is closed on Sunday. | 星期天办公室不开门 |
[16:23] | 15 16 15! 16! | |
[16:26] | That didn’t go well. | 事情进行得不顺利 |
[16:28] | The Titanic didn’t go well. This was a disaster. | 泰坦尼克行进得不顺利 这是一场灾难 |
[16:31] | All we did was talk like Old English weirdoes | 我们所做的一切就是像英国老怪物一样说话 |
[16:34] | and eat turkey legs. | 还有吃火鸡腿 |
[16:35] | Well, it looks like you didn’t bury us. | 那么 看起来你们没有埋葬我们 |
[16:38] | We buried you. I’ve got to hand it to you | 我们埋葬了你们 我不得不称赞你 |
[16:40] | it’s not often that students do so bad | 学生表现的这么差 连老师都要辞职了 |
[16:42] | that their teachers quit. | 这种事情还真是少见呢 |
[16:43] | What?! Mr. Dig’s quitting? | 什么 迪格先生要辞职 |
[16:45] | That’s what he told Mr. Escobar. | 他是这么告诉埃斯科巴先生的 |
[16:46] | Well, see you in Miami. Oh, wait, I guess we won’t. | 好了 迈阿密见 哦 等等 我想我们见不到了 |
[16:56] | Did you warn the neighbors? | 你警告邻居了吗 |
[16:57] | I promised them I’d mow their lawns and give them | 我向他们许诺只要他们不叫警察来 |
[16:59] | 50 bucks if they don’t call the cops. | 我就帮他们剪草 再给他们50美元 |
[17:11] | Hiya, Dad. Thanks for coming. | 嘿呀 爸爸 很感谢你能来 |
[17:14] | See? Rick’s dad is supportive. I got gig to play. | 看见了吗 瑞克的爸爸很支持他 我要开始表演了 |
[17:19] | Rock on. | 摇滚起来 |
[17:21] | One, two, three, four! | 一 二 三 四 |
[17:26] | Tell Aunt Mary about Uncle John | 告诉玛丽阿姨关于约翰叔叔的事 |
[17:29] | Say he had a missus, but he got a lot a fun | 他已经有了一位夫人 但他过得很快乐 |
[17:31] | Oh, baby | 哦 宝贝 |
[17:33] | Yeah, baby | 是的 宝贝 |
[17:35] | Whoo-ooh-hoo Baby | 哇哦 宝贝 |
[17:38] | Some fun tonight | 祝你今晚玩得开心 |
[17:41] | Saw Uncle John with long, tall Sally | 看见约翰叔叔和高个子萨利在一起 |
[17:44] | He saw aunt Mary coming, and he ducked back in the alley | 他看见玛丽阿姨来了 立刻冲回小巷里 |
[17:47] | Oh, baby | 哦 宝贝 |
[17:48] | Yeah, baby | 是的 宝贝 |
[17:51] | Whoo-ooh-hoo Baby | 哇哦 宝贝 |
[17:54] | Some fun tonight | 祝你今晚玩得开心 |
[18:04] | Rock on, Lanny! | 摇滚起来 兰尼 |
[18:13] | That’s my baby, with the guitar. | 那是我儿子 弹吉他的那个 |
[18:15] | It’s my guitar. | 那是我的吉他 |
[18:16] | …got everything that Uncle John need | 得到所有约翰叔叔需要的东西 |
[18:18] | Oh, baby | 哦 宝贝 |
[18:20] | Yeah, baby | 是的 宝贝 |
[18:22] | Whoo-ooh-hoo Baby | 哇哦 宝贝 |
[18:25] | Some fun tonight | 祝你今晚玩得开心 |
[18:40] | Hey… Good job, Matt. | 嘿 干得好 马特 |
[18:43] | Matt! Honey! That was incredible! Ooh! | 马特 亲爱的 简直难以置信 哦 |
[18:48] | Thanks. I thought we were all right. | 谢谢 我觉得我们还好吧 |
[18:51] | All right? What’s next? | 何止还好 接下来是什么 |
[18:54] | What do you mean? | 你是什么意思 |
[18:55] | Where you guys going to play next? You going to get an agent? | 接下来你们要去哪儿表演 你们需要一个经纪人 |
[18:57] | Nah. We’re through with this. | 不 我们已经结束了 |
[18:59] | What?! Why? | 什么 为什么 |
[19:01] | Because we’ve done it, and it’s history. | 因为我们已经做过了 现在它已经成为历史了 |
[19:04] | Yeh, Lanny has a point. We haven’t tried snowmobile racing. | 是啊 兰尼说得对 我们还没试过雪地赛车呢 |
[19:08] | Come on, Lanny. Let’s get that into the works. | 快来 兰尼 让我们开始工作吧 |
[19:15] | How you guys doing? | 你们还好吗 |
[19:17] | Hey, Mr. Dig. | 嘿 迪格先生 |
[19:18] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[19:19] | We heard you were leaving. | 我们听说你要走了 |
[19:20] | Well, I let you guys down, didn’t I? | 好的 我让你们失望了 不是吗 |
[19:21] | You can’t leave, Mr. Dig. | 你不能走 迪格先生 |
[19:23] | Why not? I’m a terrible teacher. | 为什么不能 我是个很糟糕的老师 |
[19:26] | You didn’t learn anything from me. | 你们没从我这里学到任何东西 |
[19:27] | I wouldn’t exactly say we didn’t learn anything. | 我可不会说我们没学到任何东西 |
[19:29] | I learned how to play “Greensleeves” on an autoharp. | 我学会了怎么用自鸣筝演奏《绿袖子》 |
[19:32] | And I learned that it’s good to split nines | 我学会了当庄家有五或六点时 |
[19:34] | when the dealer has a five or six showing | 桌子上又没有其它的十点时 |
[19:35] | and there are no other tens on the table. | 最好把九分开 |
[19:36] | Actually, I learned a lot– | 其实 我学到了很多 |
[19:38] | like the Middle Ages smelled terrible and you were lucky | 比如中世纪的味道很糟 如果你活到30岁 |
[19:40] | if you lived to be 30 ’cause there was so not any hygiene. | 那是很幸运的事 因为不太卫生 |
[19:43] | And it didn’t matter that Galileo | 还有伽利略证明了地球 |
[19:44] | proved Earth isn’t the center of the universe. | 不是宇宙的中心 这并不重要 |
[19:46] | That meant nothing unless the political powers | 除非政治力量允许他这样做 |
[19:49] | would let him tell people. | 否则他不能把这一点告诉大家 |
[19:50] | And that wasn’t going to happen because then | 那是不可能发生的 因为一旦那样的话 |
[19:51] | everyone would be out of a job. | 每个人都会失业的 |
[19:53] | I always busted my tail for school. | 我总是在上学路上把后车胎弄爆 |
[19:54] | I never knew it could be fun before. | 我从来不知道这在以前是很好笑的事情 |
[19:56] | Or interesting. | 或者说有趣的事情 |
[19:57] | Yesterday, I got a book on Queen Elizabeth I | 昨天 我从学校图书馆借了一本介绍女王 |
[19:59] | out of the school library. | 伊丽莎白一世的书 |
[20:01] | Queen Elizabeth was fat, bald, and looked like clown. | 伊丽莎白女王很胖 秃头 看起来像个小丑 |
[20:04] | You can look it up. | 不信你可以查查 |
[20:05] | We have a school library? | 我们学校有图书馆了吗 |
[20:07] | Well, I guess I didn’t do such a bad job after all. | 好吧 我想我做得还不是很差 |
[20:10] | In fact, you should be thanking me. | 其实 你们应该感谢我 |
[20:12] | Well, I wouldn’t go overboard. We did want to go to Miami. | 好的 我不会鲁莽从事 我们真的想去迈阿密 |
[20:15] | Yeah, we’ll thank you if we survive the gloating Kate does | 是的 如果等凯特下周从佛罗里达回来时 |
[20:18] | when she comes back from Florida next week. | 我们能从她的幸灾乐祸中活下来 我们会感谢你的 |
[20:21] | (第二周) | |
[20:25] | Whoa. What happened to you guys? | 哇哦 你们怎么了 |
[20:27] | I got bit to death by sand fleas. | 我快被沙蚤咬死了 |
[20:30] | I stepped on a stupid sea urchin. | 我踩到了一个愚蠢的海胆 |
[20:31] | I got so sunburned, my teeth hurt. | 我被太阳晒伤了 牙还疼 |
[20:39] | Thanks, Mr. Dig. | 谢谢 迪格先生 |
[20:42] | Don’t mention it. | 不用谢 |
[20:49] | Oh, I got gum! | 哦 我还在嚼口香糖 |
[20:52] | Ready, and… | 准备好了 |
[20:53] | Oh, no… | 哦 不 |
[21:02] | What are you guys looking at? | 你们在看什么 |
[21:04] | Cut. | 停 |
[21:06] | Cut! | 停 |