时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Great job, girls. | 干得好 女孩们 |
[00:04] | This is the most successful food drive | 这是希尔利奇中学有史以来 |
[00:06] | Hillridge Middle School has ever had. | 最成功的食品募捐活动 |
[00:08] | Thanks. It was actually kind of fun. | 谢谢 这实际上很好玩 |
[00:10] | And the extra credit rocks. | 而且还有额外加分 |
[00:11] | You girls have a knack for this. | 你们两个对这个还真熟练啊 |
[00:13] | You know someone won’t go hungry tonight | 你们要知道就是因为你们募捐的这些食物 |
[00:14] | because of all the food you collected. | 今晚一些人将不会再挨饿 |
[00:16] | You two might want to think about | 你们两个也许想考虑考虑 |
[00:17] | taking on a new volunteer project. | 从事一个新的志愿者项目 |
[00:22] | I totally have a knack for this. | 我对此的确很熟练 |
[00:23] | I ended world hunger in an afternoon. | 一个下午我就解决了世界饥饿问题 |
[00:26] | Okay, maybe not ended, but I made a dent. | 好吧 也许没有解决 但是我补了个缺口 |
[00:31] | Hey, girls. | 嘿 女孩们 |
[00:32] | Oh, hey. | 哦 嘿 |
[00:33] | Lizzie, you forgot these cans I put out for you. | 利齐 你忘拿了这些我为你们捐出的罐头 |
[00:36] | I’ve got to go meet my mom. | 我要去找我妈了 |
[00:37] | -Hasta la bye-bye. -Bye. | -再见(hasta la 西班牙语 一会见) -再见 |
[00:40] | So… they finally came up with an official uniform | 那么 他们终于为社会质疑的对象 |
[00:42] | for the socially-challenged? | 挑出了官方制服 |
[00:44] | Lizzie. | 利齐 |
[00:45] | No, Mom. No, Dad. | 不 妈妈 不 爸爸 |
[00:47] | You can’t be mad at her for speaking the truth. | 你们不能因为她说了实话而生她的气 |
[00:50] | Your brother is wearing his hall-monitor safety patrol belt. | 你弟弟带的是他的走廊安全监察巡逻队肩带 |
[00:54] | Hall monitor? | 走廊监察员 |
[00:55] | How many garbage cans are you going to get stuck in? | 你要被塞到多少个垃圾箱里啊 |
[00:57] | See? Even my lame-o sister knows what’s coming. | 看到了吗 即使我的蠢姐姐都知道将会发生什么 |
[01:00] | Now, honey, Hall Monitor is a very important job | 听着 宝贝 走廊监察员是一个非常重要的工作 |
[01:02] | and you should make the best of it. | 你应该尽全力做好 |
[01:03] | That’s right, son. It’s a position of honor. | 是啊 儿子 这是个光荣的职位 |
[01:06] | I remember when I was a hall monitor. | 我记得当我当走廊监察员的时候 |
[01:12] | Your sister may be right, son. | 你姐姐也许是对的 儿子 |
[01:18] | If you believe, | 如果你相信 |
[01:21] | we’ve got a picture-perfect plan | 我们事先就有一个绝妙的计划 |
[01:25] | We’ve got you fooled | 那你就错了 |
[01:28] | ‘Cause we only do the best we can | 我们不过是在尽力而为 |
[01:33] | Sometimes we make it | 有时我们会取得成功 |
[01:36] | And sometimes we fake it | 有时我们会把事情搞砸 |
[01:40] | But we get one step closer each and every day | 但我们离目标一天比一天近 |
[01:46] | We’ll figure it out on the way | 我们会在途中解决所有难题 |
[01:50] | Lizzie McGuire S01E16 Obsession | |
[01:53] | Gordo, why weren’t you at the food drive? | 戈多 你怎么没去参加食品募捐活动 |
[01:55] | I had something more important to do. | 我有更重要的事去做 |
[01:57] | More important than ending world hunger? | 比结束世界饥饿更重要吗 |
[01:59] | The Science Olympics. They’re this week. | 是科学奥林匹克竞赛 这个星期比赛 |
[02:01] | The long-distance paper airplane contest, | 纸飞机飞行距离竞赛 |
[02:03] | the egg drop and the ultimate test of brains and brawn: | 鸡蛋下落和终极脑力体力测验: |
[02:06] | the slow bicycle race. | 慢骑自行车比赛 |
[02:08] | Uh, Gordo, Tudgeman always wins those. | 嗯 戈多 这些总是塔奇曼赢 |
[02:10] | Not this year. This year, he’s going down. | 今年不会 今年 他一直在走下坡路 |
[02:13] | So I guess this means | 那么我想这意味着 |
[02:14] | you won’t be recycling with us. | 你将不会和我们一起回收废品 |
[02:16] | Uh, when did we decide on recycling? | 嗯 我们什么时候决定回收废品的 |
[02:18] | Good luck with that saving that earth thing, guys. | 祝你们拯救地球好运 两位 |
[02:20] | I got to go drop eggs off the roof. | 我要去屋顶做鸡蛋下落实验 |
[02:24] | Hey, Miranda, meet me at the Digital Bean tomorrow | 嘿 米兰达 明天到数字豆子找我 |
[02:26] | cause we’re starting there. | 因为我们就从那里开始 |
[02:29] | Recycling? Great. | 回收废品吗 太好了 |
[02:31] | Can’t wait to start picking through garbage. | 我迫不及待的要去捡垃圾了 |
[02:34] | So Pete Gallon was coming out of the bathroom. | 当皮特・加仑从卫生间出来时 |
[02:37] | I asked him for a hall pass, but no go. | 我问他要走廊通行证 但他没有 |
[02:40] | So, I wrote him up. | 因此 我记下他了 |
[02:43] | He begged me not to. He even cried. | 他求我不要记他 他甚至都哭了 |
[02:46] | You know… I think I’m going to be a mall cop when I grow up. | 你知道吗 我想我长大了会当一个商场保安 |
[02:50] | I knew you’d get into it, son. | 我知道你能干好的 儿子 |
[02:51] | Sorry I’m late. I was on the phone. | 抱歉 我迟到了 我刚才在打电话 |
[02:53] | That’s okay, honey. | 这没什么 宝贝 |
[02:54] | Oh, no, no, no… no, no. | 哦 不 不 不 不 不 |
[02:56] | That’s not okay. | 这一点也不好 |
[02:58] | I’m going to have to write you up. | 我必须要记下你 |
[03:00] | Late for dinner. | 晚饭迟到 |
[03:02] | That means… no dessert. | 这就意味着 没有甜点可吃了 |
[03:07] | Mom, tell the geek patrol | 妈妈 告诉这个巡逻队的怪胎 |
[03:09] | that if he touches my dessert | 如果他敢动一下我的甜点 |
[03:11] | his citation-writing days are over. | 他开处罚单的生活就结束了 |
[03:13] | Mom, Dad… back me up here. | 妈妈 爸爸 支援我 |
[03:15] | -Sorry. -Dad?! | -抱歉 -爸爸 |
[03:17] | Son, why don’t you let her off with a warning? | 儿子 你为什么不能给她个警告就放过她呢 |
[03:19] | You’re a troublemaker, Lizzie. | 你真是个麻烦制造者 利齐 |
[03:22] | I’ll be watching you. | 我会监视着你的 |
[03:24] | I’ve seen your kind all my life. | 我一生中见过不少你这种人 |
[03:28] | Of course you have, Officer Wacko. | 你当然见过 变态警官 |
[03:30] | I live here. | 我就住在这儿 |
[03:32] | Anyway, before Captain Nut Job interrupted me | 不管怎样 在傻瓜长官打断我之前 |
[03:35] | I was going to say | 我本想说 |
[03:36] | that Miranda and I decided to start a recycling project | 我和米兰达决定实施一个废品回收项目 |
[03:39] | since the food drive was such a huge success. | 因为这次的食品募捐活动非常成功 |
[03:41] | Oh, that’s wonderful, Lizzie. | 哦 那真是太棒了 利齐 |
[03:42] | We are really proud of you, sweetheart. | 我们为你感到十分骄傲 宝贝 |
[03:44] | So, what’s the plan? | 那么 计划是什么 |
[03:46] | Well, we were thinking of starting at | 嗯 我们原计划 |
[03:47] | the Digital Bean tomorrow. | 明天从数字豆子开始 |
[03:48] | -Mmm, great. -Great. | -嗯 太棒了 -太棒了 |
[03:49] | But, then I thought, | 但是 后来我想 |
[03:51] | well wouldn’t it just make perfect sense to start right here, | 嗯 就从这里开始不是更有意义吗 |
[03:53] | at home? | 从家里开始 |
[03:55] | -Okay. -That’s, um… wonderful. | -好的 -这真是 嗯 非常棒 |
[03:57] | We’ll need to start separating the garbage into | 我们需要开始将垃圾分类 |
[03:58] | plastic, paper, and glass. | 分为塑料 纸 以及玻璃 |
[04:00] | We’ll need three separate labeled containers | 我们需要三个分别贴上标签的容器 |
[04:02] | and someone to drive me to the recycling center each week. | 还需要有个人每星期载我去废品回收中心 |
[04:04] | Well, that-that sounds like a lot of fun. | 嗯 那 那听起来真有趣 |
[04:06] | I can’t wait. | 我都迫不及待了 |
[04:08] | I didn’t know saving the earth was going to be so smelly. | 我原本不知道拯救地球会这么臭 |
[04:12] | I know, but think how much we’re helping. | 我知道 但是你要想想我们帮了多少忙 |
[04:14] | There’s got to be a less disgusting way we can help. | 我们肯定可以用一个不怎么恶心的方式来帮忙的 |
[04:16] | What’s disgusting is not recycling. | 废品回收一点儿也不恶心 |
[04:18] | I-I mean, look at this. | 我 我是说 看看这个 |
[04:20] | We can save a tree if we recycle this. | 如果我们回收它 我们就可以拯救一棵树 |
[04:22] | And this. This can be used… | 还有这个 这个可以用来 |
[04:25] | To save a plastic tree? | 拯救一颗塑料树 |
[04:26] | No. To make other plastic stuff. | 不 可以制造其他的塑料制品 |
[04:28] | I-I mean… if we keep throwing stuff away at this rate | 我是说 如果我们一直以这种速度抛弃东西 |
[04:31] | in 50 years, there’ll be enough trash gathered up | 五十年内 这儿就会有 |
[04:34] | to fill the state of Texas. Twice. | 能够填满德克萨斯州的那么多垃圾 两倍 |
[04:36] | Where do you get this stuff? | 你从哪知道这的 |
[04:39] | I read. And these. | 我读到的 还有这些东西 |
[04:42] | Do you know how many dolphins get caught in this a year | 你知道每年会有多少海豚被这种东西卡住 |
[04:44] | just because people don’t cut them up? | 仅仅是因为人们没把它们剪开吗 |
[04:46] | A-Are we saving dolphins, too? | 我 我们还要拯救海豚 |
[04:48] | ‘Cause I thought we were just saving the earth. | 我还以为我们只需要拯救地球呢 |
[04:50] | Dolphins are a part of the earth. | 海豚也是地球的一部分 |
[04:52] | Okay, fine. Whatever. | 好 好吧 随你 |
[04:53] | Save the planet. Save the dolphins. | 拯救地球 拯救海豚 |
[04:56] | I’m going to go see if our food is ready. | 我要去看看我们的食物做好没有 |
[04:58] | Don’t get too many napkins. | 别拿太多纸巾 |
[04:59] | And get me some scissors. | 还有给我找个剪刀 |
[05:01] | I totally rule at this saving the earth thing. | 拯救地球的事情完全在我的掌控之中 |
[05:06] | -Thanks. -Aren’t you going to eat your burger? | -谢谢 -你不准备吃你的汉堡吗 |
[05:12] | After I finish saving the dolphins. | 等我完成拯救海豚的事情再说吧 |
[05:13] | Well can you at least not play with the trash while we eat? | 至少在吃饭的时候你就不能别玩弄垃圾吗 |
[05:16] | I think what you guys are doing is really great. | 我认为你们两个正在干一件非常棒的事 |
[05:19] | Like, really. | 我非常喜欢 真的 |
[05:20] | Wow. Thanks. | 喔 谢谢 |
[05:22] | So many people don’t even care about the environment anymore. | 有很多人根本不关心环境 |
[05:26] | They think that the earth is like this infinite resource. | 他们认为地球好像有无限的资源 |
[05:29] | -It’s not going to last forever. -Totally. | -其实资源并不是永远充足的 -太对了 |
[05:35] | Is that a burger? | 那是个汉堡吗 |
[05:36] | Yeah. You want a bite? | 是啊 你想尝尝吗 |
[05:37] | Of your… burger? | 你的 汉堡 |
[05:39] | Yeah, they’re really good. | 是啊 它们非常好吃 |
[05:41] | How can you enjoy eating some poor, dead animal? | 你们怎么会喜欢吃这些可怜的 死掉的动物呢 |
[05:46] | I never thought of it that way. | 我从来没有这样想过 |
[05:48] | Well, maybe you should. Meat eater! | 很好 也许你应该这样想 食肉者 |
[05:53] | Do you believe how weird Parker is? | 你能相信帕克是多么的怪异吗 |
[05:58] | I-I think I just became a vegetarian. | 我 我想 我刚刚成为一个素食者 |
[06:02] | Maybe this is a little more complicated than I thought. | 也许这比我想的要更复杂点儿 |
[06:06] | You going to eat that? | 你还吃那个吗 |
[06:18] | You know you can’t beat me, Gordo. | 你知道你赢不了我的 戈多 |
[06:19] | I own the Science Olympics. | 科学奥林匹克竞赛就是我的天下 |
[06:21] | Not this year, Tudgeman. | 今年不行了 塔奇曼 |
[06:22] | You’re going down. | 你一直在走下坡路 |
[06:24] | Am I? I think not. | 是吗 我可不这样想 |
[06:26] | Or have you forgotten last year? | 或许你忘了去年的事儿了 |
[06:28] | Last year when your egg cracked like… an egg. | 去年 你的鸡蛋像一个鸡蛋那样摔破 |
[06:36] | And let’s not forget the paper airplane distance contest | 还有我们不能忘了纸飞机飞行距离竞赛 |
[06:38] | when you nearly blinded Mr. Lang. | 你差点戳瞎了郎先生 |
[06:44] | Oh, yeah. I gave you a slow bike race, | 哦 对了 我让你在慢骑自行车比赛中赢了 |
[06:46] | we’ll call that pity. | 我们称其为遗憾 |
[06:48] | But face it, Gordo. The best man… won. | 但是面对它吧 戈多 最棒的人 赢 |
[06:52] | Moi. | 我 |
[06:57] | Tudgeman. You know that little voice you hear late a night– | 塔奇曼 想想你深夜听到的那小小的声音 |
[07:02] | that one in the back of your head. | 那个在你头脑中回荡的声音 |
[07:04] | That one that says, “Oh, not good enough.” | 那个说着 “哦 还不够好” |
[07:06] | Oh, I don’t think I can win. | 哦 我不认为我能赢 |
[07:07] | That’s me, Tudgeman. | 那就是我 塔奇曼 |
[07:09] | Because I won’t eat, I won’t sleep until I beat you. | 因为我将废寝忘食 直到打败你 |
[07:14] | I’m already in your head, Tudgeman. | 我已经驻在你的脑子里了 塔奇曼 |
[07:16] | I own you. | 我控制你 |
[07:19] | Jake Charlum. I gave him three citations in one day. | 杰克・查隆 我一天给他了三张罚单 |
[07:24] | That kid’s headed for trouble. | 那个孩子总是惹祸 |
[07:27] | Three citations? I never gave three. | 三张罚单 我从没有给过别人三张罚单 |
[07:30] | Yeah, I checked with the other hall monitors. | 是啊 我查了其他的走廊监察员 |
[07:32] | It’s a record. | 这是个纪录 |
[07:34] | Well, Matt, | 嗯 马特 |
[07:35] | you just make sure you use that power responsibly. | 你必须确保你负责地使用职权 |
[07:38] | What are those for? | 那些是用来干什么的 |
[07:40] | You better answer the question McGuire, | 你最好回答这个问题 麦奎尔 |
[07:42] | and it better be the truth. | 而且最好说实话 |
[07:44] | Uh, Miranda and I decided to | 嗯 米兰达和我决定 |
[07:46] | donate clothes to the homeless shelter. | 给流浪者收容所捐衣服 |
[07:48] | Besides I haven’t worn this stuff in ages anyway. | 另外 不管怎么说 我也有很多年没穿过这些了 |
[07:50] | I thought you guys were doing recycling. | 我以为你们两个在做废品回收 |
[07:52] | We’re doing that, too. | 我们也在做这个 |
[07:53] | Aren’t you taking on a lot? | 你不觉得你做的事情太多了 |
[07:55] | Well, if my parents’ generation | 嗯 如果我父母那一代人 |
[07:56] | wasn’t so interested in bellbottoms and roller disco | 对喇叭裤和溜冰迪斯科不是那么感兴趣 |
[07:59] | the planet would be in a lot better shape. | 这个星球会变得更好 |
[08:01] | Dad,there’s a lot to worry about. | 爸爸 要关心的事情有很多 |
[08:04] | Oh, and we’re taking some more canned foods to the shelter. | 哦 我们要带更多的罐装食物到收容所去 |
[08:06] | Wait, I need that for dinner. | 等等 我要用那个做晚饭 |
[08:08] | Mom, the homeless need that more than we do. | 妈妈 流浪者比我们更需要这个 |
[08:10] | Honey, we just gave the shelter a whole bunch of cans. | 宝贝 我们刚捐给收容所一整袋罐头 |
[08:13] | Dad, the homeless population has | 爸爸 在近五年间 |
[08:14] | exploded in the last five years. | 无家可归的人数暴涨 |
[08:21] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[08:22] | Mom, water is a valuable resource | 妈妈 水是宝贵的资源 |
[08:24] | and the earth does not have an infinite amount. | 而且地球的水资源不是无限的 |
[08:26] | Geekzilla’s right, Mom. Can’t waste water. | 怪胎是对的 妈妈 不能浪费水 |
[08:30] | I’m going to have to write you up. | 我要记下你 |
[08:32] | Fine. No clean vegetables, no dinner. | 好吧 没有干净的蔬菜 就没有晚餐 |
[08:37] | “Delaying dinner.” | 延迟晚餐 |
[08:38] | I believe that’s another offense. | 我相信这是另一条罪行 |
[08:41] | Hey, Matt, | 嘿 马特 |
[08:42] | why don’t you let your mother and sister work this out. | 你为什么不能让你妈妈和姐姐把这件事解决呢 |
[08:43] | Help me take out the garbage. | 帮我把垃圾带出去 |
[08:45] | A little help here. | 帮我个忙 |
[08:46] | Do you realize how many trees could die | 你知道就因为你没有把纸和塑料分开 |
[08:49] | because you haven’t separated the paper from the plastic? | 将会有多少棵树会死去吗 |
[08:51] | Okay, I separate the laundry. | 好吧 我把衣服分开洗 |
[08:54] | Typical mom. I’m talking about saving the world | 典型的妈妈 我在谈论拯救世界 |
[08:56] | and she’s talking about laundry. | 而她却在说洗衣服 |
[08:59] | I think you could be a little more supportive. | 我以为你会更支持我一点 |
[09:01] | You agreed to separate the garbage | 你同意将垃圾分类 |
[09:03] | and you didn’t follow through. | 而你却没能坚持下去 |
[09:05] | If I did that you’d be mad at me. | 如果我这样做你就会生我的气 |
[09:06] | That’s correct. | 说的很对 |
[09:07] | But I think you need to recycle your attitude young lady. | 但我认为你需要收回你的态度 小姐 |
[09:16] | Where did you get that? | 你从哪儿买到这东西的 |
[09:17] | At the mall. Isn’t it fab? | 商场 看起来不错吧 |
[09:19] | Miranda you can’t wear that. | 米兰达 你不能穿那个 |
[09:21] | Are you kidding? This is totally in. | 你在开玩笑嘛 这很时尚啊 |
[09:23] | But I thought we were going veggie. | 但我以为我们俩要成为素食者 |
[09:25] | Back up. You’re going veggie. | 等等 是你要成为素食者 |
[09:27] | And, plus, what does that have to do with my jacket? | 再说 那和我的夹克又有什么关系呢 |
[09:29] | It’s leather. Leather is cow. | 它是皮制品 皮制品就是牛 |
[09:31] | Cow is meat. I-I don’t eat meat. | 牛就是肉 我 我不吃肉 |
[09:33] | Fine. So don’t eat my jacket. | 好吧 那就不要吃我的夹克 |
[09:36] | I can’t believe you. | 我简直不敢相信 |
[09:37] | I thought you cared about the environment. | 我以为你关心环境 |
[09:39] | Chill… It’s just a jacket. | 放松 这只是一件夹克 |
[09:41] | Obviously, I can’t count on you for help | 显然我指望不上你的帮助了 |
[09:42] | so I’m just going to have to do this all by myself. | 所以我就只能靠自己来做这些事了 |
[09:44] | Lizzie, you’re totally overreacting. | 利齐 你完全是反应过度了 |
[09:47] | I’m overreacting? | 我反应过度 |
[09:48] | Tell me that I’m overreacting | 当垃圾堆得高的足以挡住所有的阳光 |
[09:49] | when the garbage builds up so high | 让我们受冻的时候 |
[09:51] | that it blocks out all the sunlight and we freeze. | 再告诉我 我反应过度 |
[09:53] | Yeah? Well… | 什么 好吧 |
[09:54] | at least I’ll have my jacket to keep me warm. | 起码我还有我的夹克可以保暖 |
[10:00] | I can’t believe her. | 我真不敢相信她竟然这样 |
[10:10] | Oh… Uh, finally. There you are. | 哦 呃 总算找到你了 |
[10:13] | Gordo, we have to talk about Lizzie. | 戈多 我们必须要谈谈利齐的事 |
[10:15] | -Gordo! -Can’t talk. Folding. | -戈多 -不能说话 正在折飞机 |
[10:18] | Gordo, Lizzie’s gone loco. | 戈多 利齐疯了 |
[10:20] | Can’t talk. Still folding. | 不能说话 仍旧在折飞机 |
[10:21] | Hello! What’s wrong with you? | 你好 你怎么了 |
[10:23] | Paper airplane distance contest after school. | 放学后有纸飞机飞行距离竞赛 |
[10:26] | Must… beat… Tudgeman. | 必须 打败 塔奇曼 |
[10:29] | Gordo, this is serious. | 戈多 问题很严重 |
[10:30] | Uh, she’s ending our friendship over a stupid leather jacket. | 她因为一件愚蠢的皮夹克结束了我们的友谊 |
[10:34] | O-Okay, a really cool leather jacket | 好 好吧 一件非常酷的皮夹克 |
[10:36] | but you know what I mean. | 但你知道我的意思 |
[10:37] | She’ll get over it. | 她会克服它的 |
[10:41] | Is it supposed to do that? | 应该这样飞吗 |
[10:44] | What… is this? | 这 是什么 |
[10:48] | What are you doing? I’m working on these. | 你在干什么 我正在研究这些东西 |
[10:50] | 99% of all paper products are recyclable | 99%的纸制品都是可回收的 |
[10:53] | and yet only 15% of people recycle. | 然而只有15%的纸制品被回收 |
[10:55] | -That makes no sense. -Exactly. | -那没有任何意义 -完全正确 |
[10:58] | I need to test out multiple designs | 我需要测试多种设计 |
[11:00] | to see which one travels the farthest. | 来看看哪种飞得最远 |
[11:01] | -Why? -So I can beat Tudgeman. | -为什么 -这样我就可以打败塔奇曼 |
[11:03] | Beating Tudgeman is | 打败塔奇曼 |
[11:04] | not more important than saving trees, Gordo. | 没有拯救树木重要 戈多 |
[11:06] | This is all I’ve dreamed about ever since the fourth grade. | 这是我从四年级以来的梦想 |
[11:09] | Recycling is going to have to wait. | 废品回收得等一等了 |
[11:11] | Well, the earth can’t wait! | 好啊 可是地球不能再等了 |
[11:15] | I think I’ll be eating my lunch alone today. | 我想今天我要一个人吃午餐了 |
[11:24] | The portrait of authority | 权威的肖像* |
[11:28] | Portrait of authority | 权威的肖像* |
[11:31] | It embodies what he cannot be | 它代表了他能力的延伸* |
[11:34] | Portrait of authority… | 权威的肖像* |
[11:39] | Time to go to work. | 工作的时候到了 |
[11:49] | (系好安全帽帽带) | |
[11:56] | (考试进行中) | |
[12:03] | (慢走,禁止奔跑) | |
[12:07] | Surely, you must be joking. | 你确定 你一定在开玩笑吧 |
[12:09] | I’m not joking, and… don’t call me Shirley. | 我不是在开玩笑 还有 别叫我雪莉 |
[12:15] | Respect my authority! | 你要尊重我的权威 |
[12:49] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[12:53] | I was intimidating Tudgeman. | 我在恐吓塔奇曼 |
[12:54] | Yeah, that yawn looked pretty scary. | 是啊 那个哈欠看起来真吓人 |
[12:57] | Yeah, well, it’s working. | 是 好吧 它起作用了 |
[12:58] | My late nights are actually paying off– | 我这几天的熬夜实际上是有回报的 |
[13:00] | we’re tied. | 我们打平了 |
[13:01] | He won the egg drop | 他赢了鸡蛋下落 |
[13:02] | and I won the long distance paper airplane contest. | 而我赢了纸飞机飞行距离竞赛 |
[13:05] | Now, it all comes down to the slow bike race after school. | 现在就要看放学后的慢骑自行车比赛了 |
[13:08] | The last person to cross the finish line… wins. | 最后一个越过终点的人 获胜 |
[13:11] | I think you need to trade that bike helmet in for a pillow. | 我想你需要用自行车头盔换一个枕头 |
[13:14] | But I’ll be out there cheering you on | 但我会去为你加油的 |
[13:16] | and I’m hoping Lizzie will be, too. | 而且我也希望利齐也会去 |
[13:26] | -Hey. -Yes? | -嘿 -什么事 |
[13:29] | Lizzie, listen. | 利齐 听着 |
[13:30] | I’m not wearing leather today | 我今天没穿皮衣 |
[13:32] | I didn’t eat meat last night for dinner | 而且我昨晚晚饭也没吃肉 |
[13:34] | and I recycled my soda can at lunch. | 还有 我午饭时回收了我的易拉罐 |
[13:36] | So, can I talk to you? | 那么 我能和你谈谈吗 |
[13:38] | I guess. | 我想可以 |
[13:39] | What are you wearing? | 你穿的是什么 |
[13:41] | Burlap. It’s a renewable resource. | 粗麻布 这是可再生资源 |
[13:43] | Okay, Lizzie, I’m really worried about you. | 好吧 利齐 我很担心你 |
[13:46] | Don’t be worried about me, Miranda. | 别担心我 米兰达 |
[13:48] | Be worried about the world! Be worried about the environment | 担心一下世界吧 担心一下环境 |
[13:50] | and the homeless people, and-and the animals | 以及流浪者 还 还有动物 |
[13:52] | and the rain forest and the ozone layer! | 以及雨林和臭氧层 |
[14:00] | Well, the rain forest isn’t going to hang out with me | 好吧 雨林可不会在星期五晚上和我一起出去玩 |
[14:02] | and rent movies on Friday nights. | 然后一起租电影看 |
[14:05] | Can’t you just put this aside for a-a few hours? | 你就不能把这些先放一放吗 |
[14:08] | And l-let’s go watch Gordo at the slow bike race after school. | 放学后我们一起去看戈多的慢骑自行车比赛吧 |
[14:11] | Okay, everyone clear your desk for a pop quiz. | 好了 大家把桌子清干净 来做一个小测验 |
[14:15] | Mr. Gordon, are you still with us? | 戈登先生 你还和我们在一起吗 |
[14:18] | I’m just resting my eyes. | 我只是在放松我的眼睛 |
[14:20] | Uh, Miss Moran? | 嗯 莫兰小姐 |
[14:21] | Lizzie, don’t. | 利齐 别这么做 |
[14:22] | There’ll be time for your question after the quiz. | 测试之后会有你问问题的时间的 |
[14:24] | No! There won’t be time! | 不 已经来不及了 |
[14:25] | Lizzie, don’t. | 利齐 别 |
[14:28] | Miss Moran we’re running out of time. | 莫兰小姐 我们没有时间了 |
[14:30] | Lizzie, quiet. | 利齐 安静 |
[14:31] | No! I won’t be quiet. | 不 我不会安静的 |
[14:33] | Here we go. | 让我们开始吧 |
[14:34] | You know how many trees you killed with your little pop quiz? | 你知道你的小测验害死了多少树 |
[14:37] | You could’ve printed those double-sided. | 你可以双面印试题 |
[14:39] | You could’ve saved a life. | 你可以拯救一个生命 |
[14:42] | Tree killer! | 树杀手 |
[14:44] | I’m going to ask you one last time, Lizzie | 我再说最后一次 利齐 |
[14:45] | to sit down and be quiet. | 坐下 保持安静 |
[14:47] | We’ll discuss this after the quiz. | 我们测试后再讨论这个问题 |
[14:49] | I would expect you, out of all people to understand. | 我以为你会比别人更理解我 |
[14:51] | You encouraged us to start this project. | 你鼓励我们开始这个项目 |
[14:53] | Why won’t anyone help me? | 为什么没人帮助我 |
[14:55] | Wow, this is getting really heavy. | 喔 这东西变得越来越沉了 |
[14:57] | Ms. McGuire, I’m going to help you. | 麦奎尔小姐 我会帮助你 |
[15:00] | I’m sending you home to get some sleep. | 我要把你送回家休息一下 |
[15:07] | That’s not good. | 这可不好 |
[15:15] | I’m not sleeping. | 我没睡觉 |
[15:17] | I-I was just resting my eyes. | 我 我只是在休息我的眼睛 |
[15:23] | Hey, is it 3:00 already? | 嘿 已经三点了吗 |
[15:25] | No, I got sent home early. | 不 我被提前送回家了 |
[15:27] | I got sent home early, too. | 我也被提前送回家了 |
[15:29] | They said I was power hungry! | 他们说我权力欲太强 |
[15:31] | I don’t even know what that means | 我甚至不知道那是什么意思 |
[15:33] | but I’ve got to get back to school! | 但我必须回学校去 |
[15:35] | Son, you have to know when it’s time to turn in your belt. | 儿子 你必须知道什么时候应该上交你的肩带 |
[15:37] | But I can’t leave my post. | 但我不能离开我的岗位 |
[15:39] | Honey, the school will be fine. | 宝贝 学校会没事的 |
[15:41] | You need to take a rest. | 你需要休息一下 |
[15:43] | I’m sure there’s other hall monitors on duty. | 我确信还会有其他的走廊监察员上岗 |
[15:45] | But… I’m the best! | 但是 我是最好的 |
[15:48] | We’ll talk about it later. | 我们一会儿再说 |
[15:49] | Matt! Get out of your sandwich. | 马特 离开你的三明治 |
[15:52] | Okay, now he is scary. | 好了 现在他真吓人 |
[15:54] | He’s scary? | 他吓人 |
[15:55] | Lizzie, I hate to break this to you, | 利齐 我不想向你们捅破这一点 |
[15:57] | but you two have more in common than you think. | 但你们俩有比你们想像的多得多的共同点 |
[16:00] | Lizzie, you got a big heart and we’re very proud of you. | 利齐 你有一颗博爱的心 我们很为你骄傲 |
[16:04] | But you’re taking on too much. | 但是你做的太多了 |
[16:05] | You can’t save the world by yourself. | 你不可能一个人拯救世界 |
[16:07] | Well, no one else is helping. | 嗯 没人帮我 |
[16:09] | Well, okay, we’re going to help. | 那好吧 我们会帮你 |
[16:11] | Recycling garbage– that’s a very good idea. | 回收垃圾 那是个好主意 |
[16:13] | Yeah, we’re going to be a lot better about that | 是啊 我们会更加注意的 |
[16:15] | but you’ve got to relax. | 但你需要休息 |
[16:17] | How can I relax? | 我怎么能休息 |
[16:18] | Lizzie, honey, you’re running yourself into the ground. | 利齐 宝贝 你快累垮了 |
[16:20] | You can’t get anything done | 如果你不先照顾好你自己的话 |
[16:22] | if you can’t take care of yourself first. | 你就完成不了任何事 |
[16:24] | I never thought of it that way. | 我从没那样想过 |
[16:26] | Well, if you really want to make a difference | 嗯 如果你真想做些贡献 |
[16:27] | what you have to do is pick one thing– | 你就必须要挑出一件事 |
[16:29] | just one thing– and go for it. | 就一件事 然后认真去做 |
[16:31] | And get some help, too. | 还要寻求一些帮助 |
[16:32] | I mean, what happened to Gordo and Miranda? | 我是说 戈多和米兰达怎么了 |
[16:34] | Well, I was kind of a jerk. | 嗯 我有点傻 |
[16:38] | No. You know what? I was a big jerk. | 不 你知道吗 我是个大傻瓜 |
[16:40] | Can I go back to school | 我能回学校 |
[16:41] | and watch Gordo win the slow bicycle race? | 看戈多赢得慢骑自行车比赛吗 |
[16:44] | I’ll tell you what. You go take a nap | 我来告诉你怎么做 你去睡一会儿 |
[16:46] | and I’ll wake you up and I’ll drive you back to school later. | 我叫你起来然后开车送你去回学校 |
[16:49] | You get upstairs right now and get some sleep. | 你现在上楼然后睡会儿 |
[16:51] | -Um… I can’t. -Why not? | -嗯 我没法睡了 -为什么 |
[16:54] | Well, I kind of donated my mattress to the homeless shelter. | 嗯 我把我的床单捐给流浪者收容所了 |
[16:59] | I’ll go get a blanket for the couch. | 我去拿个蒙沙发的毯子 |
[17:01] | I’ll call the shelter. | 我去给流浪者打电话 |
[17:05] | Ladies and gentlemen, we come to the Slow Speed Bicycle Race. | 女士们先生们 慢骑自行车比赛要开始了 |
[17:11] | And now, presenting last year’s overall champion | 现在上场的是去年的总冠军 |
[17:14] | Larry Tudgeman. | 拉里・塔奇曼 |
[17:20] | And here’s Mr. David “Gordo” Gordon. | 这位是大卫・“戈多”・戈登 |
[17:41] | Move your bicycles to the start-finish line | 把你们的车挪到起点终点线上 |
[17:44] | and get ready to bi-cycle. | 准备开始骑行 |
[17:49] | -Wow. -Very cool. | -喔 -非常酷 |
[17:51] | And it’s aerodynamically designed | 它的空气动力设计 |
[17:53] | to increase my wind resistance and slow me down. | 可以加大我的风阻 减慢速度 |
[17:55] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[18:00] | -Who are you? -I’m the King, baby. | -你是谁 -我是猫王 宝贝 |
[18:03] | The race will be once around the quad | 比赛将绕环线一周 |
[18:05] | riding only, no standing, no walking, no leaning. | 只能骑 不能站 不能走 不能靠墙 |
[18:11] | Last bicycle across the finish line is the winner. | 最后一个到达终点的就是胜利者 |
[18:18] | And they’re off. | 他们开始了 |
[18:19] | Tudgeman takes an early lead and Gordo settles in behind him. | 塔奇曼先行 戈多跟在他后面 |
[18:28] | Gordo, Gordo, Gordo | 戈多 戈多 戈多 |
[18:31] | Gordo, Gordo, Gordo, Gordo… | 戈多 戈多 戈多 戈多 |
[18:39] | Coming down the back stretch Gordo is increasing the deficit. | 到了后半圈了 戈多正在拉开距离 |
[18:42] | Tudgeman just can’t seem to hold back. | 塔奇曼看来慢不下来了 |
[18:48] | It’s going to take more than wind resistance | 看来今天仅仅依靠空气阻力 |
[18:51] | to help Tudgeman today. | 塔奇曼是不行的 |
[18:56] | Gordo’s making it look easy. | 戈多看起来相当轻松 |
[19:00] | Whoa, Gordo drops further behind | 喔啊 当塔奇曼走到最后一拐角时 |
[19:02] | as Tudgeman heads into the last turn. | 戈多离得更远了 |
[19:06] | If Tudgeman crosses he loses. | 如果塔奇曼越线他就输了 |
[19:12] | Tudgeman’s run out of real estate. | 塔奇曼要失去他的地位了 |
[19:14] | Gordo’s going to win this thing. | 戈多要赢了 |
[19:16] | Two feet…one foot…six inches… | 两英尺 一英尺 六英寸 |
[19:21] | Gordo… | 戈多 |
[19:23] | And Gordo’s disqualified for leaving his bike. | 戈多因为摔下自行车被取消资格 |
[19:27] | Tudgeman wins by default. | 塔奇曼卫冕成功 |
[19:30] | Are you okay? | 你还好吧 |
[19:32] | Yeah, Gordo, you went down pretty hard. | 是啊 戈多你摔得挺狠的 |
[19:34] | Thank you. Thank you very much. | 谢谢 非常感谢 |
[19:38] | Gordo has left the building. | 戈多已经梦游去了 |
[19:41] | Let me be the first to say I was a total jerk | 让我第一个说 我完全是个傻瓜 |
[19:43] | and I’m really sorry. | 还有我很抱歉 |
[19:45] | Good. You should be. | 不错 你应该的 |
[19:46] | But you were kind of right | 但你也有正确的地方 |
[19:48] | so, I’m making my family cut up those six-pack rings | 因此 我让我家人把那种六环塑料包装剪开 |
[19:50] | ’cause I like dolphins. | 因为我喜欢海豚 |
[19:52] | I’m really sorry you didn’t win the race, Gordo. | 你没能赢得比赛我真的感到遗憾 戈多 |
[19:54] | Yeah, me, too. If I hadn’t stayed up all night | 是啊 我也是 如果我没有熬夜 |
[19:56] | creating my aerodynamic collar | 制作我的空气动力领口 |
[19:58] | I wouldn’t have fallen asleep. I might have won. | 我就不会睡着 我可能就赢了 |
[20:01] | There’s probably a lesson in there somewhere | 这件事里应该有一个教训的 |
[20:02] | but I’m just too tired to find it. | 但我太累了 还没找出来 |
[20:04] | At least you were stylin’. | 至少你看起来很时髦 |
[20:06] | And there’s always next year. | 而且总还有明年嘛 |
[20:07] | And you…please tell me your days of burlap chic are over. | 还有你 请告诉我你穿粗麻布的生活结束了 |
[20:12] | They are. I think I’m just going to pick one thing | 是的 我想我会找一件事 |
[20:14] | and stick to it. Like stray dogs. | 然后坚持到底 比如流浪狗 |
[20:16] | Do you know how many dogs are abandoned at shelters each year? | 你知道每年有多少狗被遗弃在收容所里吗 |
[20:19] | Oh, can I keep him? Can I? | 哦 我能留下他吗 可以吗 |
[20:22] | Oh, look. The aliens brought Elvis back | 噢 看啊 那些外星人把猫王带回来了 |
[20:25] | and they shrunk him. | 他们把他缩小了 |
[20:27] | I hate that guy! | 我讨厌那个家伙 |
[20:29] | Hey, Larry, look out for that… | 嘿 拉里 小心那个 |
[20:34] | Never mind. | 不要紧 |
[20:36] | It’s okay. It’s okay. I’m good. | 没事 没事 我很好 |
[20:50] | I’m sorry. I tripped. | 我很抱歉 我绊了一下 |
[20:55] | Finally, some help. | 最后 帮帮忙 |
[21:03] | Would somebody get this cow off me? | 谁能把这头牛从我身上弄走 |
[21:06] | See ya. | 再见 |