时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Did you know that there was cannibalism | 你知道一直到1850年都还有食人族 |
[00:03] | in Trinidad and Tobago until 1850. | 生活在特立尼达和多巴哥(加勒比海岛国)吗 |
[00:06] | There were a lot of pirates in that area, too. | 那个地区也有很多海盗 |
[00:08] | They liked to drag their prisoners under their ship | 他们喜欢把囚犯拖到他们的船底下 |
[00:10] | across the razor-sharp coral reefs. | 穿过锋利的珊瑚礁 |
[00:12] | -On the other hand, -Agh! | -从另一方面说 -啊 |
[00:13] | they invented barbecued food. | 他们发明了烧烤 |
[00:15] | Are you hungry? I’m hungry. | 你饿了吗 我饿了 |
[00:17] | Gordo, I’m trying to finish this article | 戈多 我在努力写完这篇文章 |
[00:18] | in time for this week’s edition. | 要赶上这星期的版次 |
[00:19] | “School To Schedule Weekly Movie Night.” | “学校电影之夜每周计划” |
[00:22] | Did you know that motion pictures weren’t really | 你知道吗 电影其实不是像大家所想的那样 |
[00:24] | invented by Edison, like everybody thinks? | 是爱迪生发明的 |
[00:26] | They were invented by William Friese-Greene. | 实际上 是威廉・弗里斯-格林发明的 |
[00:28] | but he reports that he sold the patent to Edison. | 可是他说他把专利权卖给了爱迪生 |
[00:31] | Edison was almost completely deaf. | 那个时候爱迪生差不多全聋了 |
[00:32] | And he had eyebrows like out to here. | 而且他的眉毛差不多长到这里 |
[00:33] | Gordo! | 戈多 |
[00:35] | Sorry. I’ll zip it. | 对不起 我会闭嘴的 |
[00:37] | Wow! They’re showing The Mummy? | 哇 他们准备放映《木乃伊》 |
[00:40] | Fine, Gordo. | 好极了 戈多 |
[00:41] | What do you need to tell me about The Mummy? | 关于木乃伊你有什么需要告诉我的 |
[00:43] | That I liked it? | 我很喜欢这部电影 |
[00:44] | Is that all? | 就这样 |
[00:46] | And that when they made mummies | 还有 过去制作木乃伊的时候 |
[00:47] | they used to pull their organs out through their nose. | 人们把尸体的内脏从他们的鼻子里拉出来 |
[00:50] | Oh! | 噢 |
[00:53] | Here’s the movie night story, Mr. Lang. | 这个是我关于电影之夜的文章 朗先生 |
[00:56] | I feel like I got a real handle on this journalism stuff. | 我觉得我已经完全掌握了撰写这种新闻稿的技巧 |
[00:59] | I think this story lead’s a real grabber. | 我想这篇文章肯定能吸引大家眼球 |
[01:02] | So on my next story I was thinking I could do the school play. | 那么 我想在我下一个稿件里以校园话剧为主题 |
[01:06] | Mr. Escobar, the drama teacher, wrote it. | 剧本是戏剧老师埃斯科巴先生写的 |
[01:10] | My best friend Miranda’s auditioning for it. | 我最好的朋友米兰达正在参加试镜 |
[01:12] | She’ll probably just get a small part. | 她大概会在里面演一个小配角 |
[01:15] | So I think I can cover that all the way | 因此我想我可以对这部话剧从选角 |
[01:16] | from auditions to opening night. | 到公演做全方位的报道 |
[01:18] | Bermuda! | 百慕大 |
[01:20] | I, um, beg your pardon? | 我 唔 您说什么 |
[01:22] | Seven letter word for putting surface. | 七个字母组成的地名(纵横字谜) |
[01:24] | Uh. | 呃 |
[01:25] | I think Mr. Lang is way over journalism. | 我觉得朗先生完全偏离了新闻行业 |
[01:28] | It seems like he’d rather be somewhere else. | 看起来他更愿意呆在别的什么地方 |
[01:35] | So, I’ll do the story on the play, then. | 那么 我就写关于戏剧的报道了 |
[01:38] | And I’ll have it for you after opening night. | 还有 首演之后我就会交给您 |
[01:42] | There’ll be, uh, reviews uh, | 内容包括 呃 话剧评论 呃 |
[01:44] | details on the production… | 演出的细节 |
[01:46] | Well, it’ll just be all about the play. | 好吧 就是关于话剧的一切内容 |
[01:49] | Gordo? A little help here. | 戈多 我需要点帮助 |
[01:52] | Well, apparently, the Egyptians had this wooden hook | 喔 显然埃及人用了一种木制的钩子 |
[01:53] | that went right into the nose… | 可以一直通进尸体的鼻子里 |
[01:56] | Oh! | 噢 |
[02:02] | If you believe | 如果你相信 |
[02:05] | We’ve got a picture-perfect plan | 我们事先就有一个绝妙的计划 |
[02:08] | We’ve got you fooled | 那你就错了 |
[02:12] | ‘Cause we only do the best we can | 我们不过是在尽力而为 |
[02:17] | And sometimes we make it | 有时候我们会取得成功 |
[02:20] | And sometimes we fake it | 有时候我们会把事情搞砸 |
[02:24] | But we get one step closer each and every day | 但我们离目标一天比一天近 |
[02:30] | We’ll figure it out on the way. | 我们会在途中解决所有难题 |
[02:34] | Lizzie McGuire S01E14 Random Acts of Miranda | |
[02:38] | You know, when you become a famous reporter | 你看 当你成为一个非常有名的记者的时候 |
[02:39] | I can come along and take all the pictures. | 我可以陪着你 并且拍摄很多照片 |
[02:42] | Photographers get to wear stuff with lots of pockets. | 摄影师得穿有很多口袋的衣服 |
[02:46] | I like that. | 我喜欢这点 |
[02:46] | I don’t think you’ll be my photographer, Gordo. | 我不认为你能当上我的摄影师 戈多 |
[02:48] | I don’t plan on doing any lingerie fashion shows | 我又不打算报道什么内衣时装秀 |
[02:51] | or swimsuit competitions. | 或者泳装比赛 |
[02:52] | Well, forget it, then. | 好吧 那就忘掉好了 |
[02:53] | Oh my gosh, oh…! | 噢 我的天啊 噢…! |
[02:58] | Oh, I’m sorry, Tudgeman. | 喔 对不起 塔奇曼 |
[02:59] | I-I got it! | 我得到了 |
[03:01] | I didn’t even try to but I got it! | 不费吹灰之力 但我还是得到了 |
[03:03] | What did you get? What did you get? | 你得到了什么 得到什么了 |
[03:04] | The lead in the play! | 话剧的主角 |
[03:04] | I am going to be the star of the school play! | 我会成为学校话剧的明星 |
[03:06] | Oh, that is so awesome! Congratulations! | 哦 那太棒了 祝贺你 |
[03:09] | I thought I’d get in the chorus | 我原来还以为我会演个路人甲 |
[03:10] | or paint the scenery or something. | 要不就是布景 或者是杂七杂八的小角色 |
[03:12] | But no, I got the biggest part! | 但是没有 我是主角了 |
[03:14] | That is so great. | 这真是太好了 |
[03:15] | I didn’t know you were such a good actress. | 我以前都不知道原来你是这么好的演员 |
[03:16] | To be honest, I didn’t have any real competition. | 老实说 其实没多少人和我竞争 |
[03:19] | Mr. Escobar wrote the play himself. | 埃斯科巴老师自己写的剧本 |
[03:20] | And it’s set in the 1950s which is like a million years ago. | 背景设在上世纪50年代 像几百万年前一样 |
[03:23] | And none of the regular drama kids wanted to do it. | 那些正规戏剧社的学生没一个人愿意演 |
[03:25] | They all wanted to do something | 他们都想演那些 |
[03:27] | where they were supermodels | 有类似超级名模 |
[03:28] | and NBA stars who turned into crime-fighting, rapping robots. | 或打击犯罪的NBA球员 说唱机器角色的话剧 |
[03:31] | Now, that’s a great idea. | 那些都是不错的主意啊 |
[03:34] | But still, you’re the star of the play. | 不过 你仍然是话剧的明星 |
[03:36] | You got the biggest part! | 你要演的是最重要的角色 |
[03:37] | None of us have ever been in a play before. | 我们几个从来没有人在一出戏里演过什么角色 |
[03:39] | I have. In the third grade grammar pageant. | 我演过 在三年级语法表演盛会上 |
[03:42] | I played the question mark. | 我演了一个问号 |
[03:48] | Gordo… that might not help you get dates. | 戈多 那对你能否找到约会对象一点帮助都没有 |
[03:50] | Okay, but if you guys ever need help | 好吧 但是如果你们需要指点 |
[03:52] | looking confused, inquisitive… | 怎么表演出困惑 好奇 |
[03:55] | …or questioning… | 或者疑问的样子 |
[03:57] | …I’m your guy. | 我就是你们要找的人了 |
[04:11] | Hey, Matt. Lanny. How you doing? What you been up to? | 嘿 马特 兰尼 你们好吗 你们忙什么呢 |
[04:16] | Why do you bother? You know he’s not going to say anything. | 你费那劲干什么 你明知道他什么都不会说 |
[04:18] | I’m going to get something out of him, watch. | 我能从他嘴里挖出点什么 看好了 |
[04:20] | So Lanny, want to stick around for dinner? | 那么 兰尼 想留下来和我们一起吃晚饭吗 |
[04:21] | Cause we’re having Gammy McGuire’s spareribs. | 我们准备了麦奎尔家秘制排骨 |
[04:24] | He can’t. He has church choir practice tonight. | 不行 他今晚要参加教堂唱诗班的练习 |
[04:27] | Besides, ribs give Lanny… nightmares. | 而且 排骨会让兰尼 做噩梦 |
[04:32] | The walrus dream, right? | 是那个海象的梦 对吧 |
[04:36] | Right. Hey, Mom… | 没错 嘿 妈妈 |
[04:38] | can I have $3,000 for a jet ski? | 可以给我3000美元买个喷气式滑雪板吗 |
[04:41] | Well, no. | 呃 不行 |
[04:42] | Can I have $1,000 for an electronic keyboard? | 那可以给我1000美元买个电子琴吗 |
[04:44] | I don’t think so. | 我可不这么想 |
[04:46] | All right. I guess I’ll just | 那好吧 我只要90美元 |
[04:47] | settle for $90 for walkie-talkies. | 买个对讲机就心满意足了 |
[04:52] | Matt, we are not giving you $90. | 马特 我们不会给你90美元的 |
[04:54] | See, Lanny, I told you they wouldn’t fall | 看到没 兰尼 我告诉过你他们不会被这种 |
[04:57] | for the start high, go low thing. | 先开高价 最后开低价的把戏骗到的 |
[04:59] | What do you need walkie-talkies for anyway? | 你们到底为什么要买无线电对讲机 |
[05:01] | So me and Lanny can talk to each other at night | 这样我和兰尼每天晚上 |
[05:03] | and when we’re on our way to school and stuff. | 还有每天上学或者干别的事的时候就能聊天了 |
[05:07] | You know, your mom and I aren’t here | 知道吗 你妈妈和我过日子 |
[05:08] | just to give you money, Matt. | 不仅是为了给你钱 马特 |
[05:10] | I know you’re not just here to give me money. | 我知道你们不是 |
[05:13] | You have to cook and wash my clothes | 你们得做饭 洗我的衣服 |
[05:15] | and do all that stuff, too. | 还要做所有的家务活 |
[05:17] | What your father is trying to say | 你爸爸想说的是 |
[05:18] | is we work hard for our money. | 我们赚到的钱是很靠努力工作才得来的 |
[05:20] | So if you want expensive things you’ve got to earn them. | 所以如果你想买奢侈品你就得自己去挣 |
[05:22] | That’s right, sport. | 就是这样 小子 |
[05:23] | You want walkie-talkies, You’re just gonna have to | 你们想要对讲机 那你们就得 |
[05:25] | get out there and earn the money yourself. | 自食其力赚钱来买 |
[05:26] | Why? | 为什么 |
[05:29] | Earn it yourself? | 自己赚钱 |
[05:30] | Where do they come up with this stuff? | 他们哪来的这些主意 |
[05:32] | I mean, it’s just so weird. | 我是说 这也太奇怪了 |
[05:36] | Okay– a nickel, two pennies, | 好了 五美分镍币一个 一便士铜币两个 |
[05:40] | a peppermint candy and a bunch of nuts… | 一粒薄荷糖和一大把坚果… |
[05:43] | I don’t know what that is. | 我不知道这是什么 |
[05:45] | And I think this is the turtle I lost three years ago. | 我想这也许是三年前我弄丢的小乌龟 |
[05:52] | Well, come on. We better go start | 来吧 我们最好去看一下 |
[05:53] | checking pay phones for change. | 投币电话里有没有零钱可捡 |
[05:56] | Places, everyone. | 同学们 各就各位 |
[05:57] | After rehearsal, I’m going to ask Mr. Escobar a few questions. | 彩排之后 我打算问埃斯科巴老师一些问题 |
[06:00] | How the play got started, how he got the ideas for the show. | 话剧是如何开始创作的 灵感来源于哪里 |
[06:02] | What’s up with that blue scarf he always wears? | 他为什么总是戴那条蓝色的围巾 |
[06:06] | Shh. | 嘘 |
[06:07] | Listen, Rhonda… I’ve got to get out of this town. | 听着 朗达 我必须出城去了 |
[06:10] | My old man, he just… doesn’t understand. | 我的父亲 他就是 不能理解我 |
[06:14] | Oh, Reb… be strong for both of us. | 噢 瑞伯 为了我们俩 要坚强点 |
[06:19] | Rhonda walks to the table… | 朗达走向餐桌 |
[06:25] | worried. | 担心着 |
[06:26] | Okay, hold on a second, Miranda. That was… great. | 好 这里停一下 米兰达 非常…好 |
[06:29] | Uh, we’re on our way to the stars. | 哦 我们正沿着明星之路前进 |
[06:31] | But, “Rhonda walks to the table worried,”– it isn’t dialogue. | 但是“朗达走向餐桌 担心着”这不是对白 |
[06:35] | You actually do it. | 你表现出来就行了 |
[06:37] | It’s… | 像这样 |
[06:40] | “Oh, Reb, be strong for the both of us.” | 噢 瑞伯 为了我们俩 要坚强一些 |
[06:43] | And you walk to the table worried. | 然后你走向餐桌 心里很担心 |
[06:46] | But you don’t have to say it. | 但是你不必说出来 |
[06:47] | Oh, right, right. Mr. Escobar, | 哦 对 没错 埃斯科巴老师 |
[06:50] | I just want to thank you again for letting me be in this play. | 我只想再次感谢你能让我参演这个话剧 |
[06:52] | Acting is like the greatest thing I’ve ever done. | 演戏大概是我做过的最了不起的事 |
[06:56] | Wow, Miranda’s officially in love with acting. | 哇 米兰达正式爱上表演了 |
[07:00] | Maybe when she’s 30 years old | 也许当她到了30岁的时候 |
[07:01] | she can play a teenager on Dawson’s Creek. | 她还可以在《道森的小溪》里演一个青少年角色 |
[07:03] | You’re very welcome, Miranda. | 不必道谢 米兰达 |
[07:04] | Let’s move on to the drag race scene, shall we? | 那么我们接着排练飞车比赛的那幕戏吧 好吗 |
[07:07] | Larry! Care to join us? | 拉里 不介意加入我们吧 |
[07:13] | That’s Tudgeman! | 是塔奇曼 |
[07:14] | Oh, Stingo, why does Reb do such dangerous things? | 噢 斯汀格 为什么瑞伯要去做这么危险的事 |
[07:18] | You’re his best friend, and I can’t get through to him! | 你是他最好的朋友 而且我联系不上他 |
[07:22] | Why, oh, why won’t he let me in? | 为什么 噢 为什么他不让我联系上他 |
[07:24] | How come this is so lame? | 怎么会看起来这么烂 |
[07:27] | It’s just rehearsal. | 这只是彩排 |
[07:28] | I mean, I’m sure | 我的意思是 我敢肯定 |
[07:29] | the movie with the hockey-playing chimp | 有曲棍球赛的那些电影 |
[07:30] | wasn’t brilliant the first time they ran through it. | 也不是从第一次排练开始就很精彩的 |
[07:33] | It’ll get better. | 会越来越好的 |
[07:35] | Yeah, right. | 是啊 对 |
[07:38] | Can’t you talk some sense into him, Tudgeman? | 你就不能跟他讲点道理吗 塔奇曼 |
[07:41] | Um, I’m Stingo, remember? | 呃 我是斯汀格 记得吗 |
[07:43] | Oh, can’t you talk some sense into him, Stingo? | 喔 你就不能跟他讲点道理吗 斯汀格 |
[07:48] | At least I sure hope it gets better. | 至少我敢肯定我希望会越来越好 |
[07:51] | I can’t believe that garage sale your parents had. | 真不敢相信你爸妈居然举办旧货大甩卖 |
[07:54] | I never knew people would pay money for old junk. | 我从来都不知道有人愿意为了用过的破烂而付钱 |
[07:57] | I mean, that lady with that weird purple thing on her neck | 那个在脖子上戴着一个诡异得紫色的东西的阿姨 |
[08:01] | paid $5 for a cookie jar shaped like an elf! | 竟然花了5美元去买一个精灵形状的饼干罐 |
[08:05] | Uh! | 啊 |
[08:20] | Hey… I think I’m thinking what you’re thinking. | 嘿 我想我想到了你正在想的事 |
[08:25] | Sell my stuff. | 卖掉我的东西 |
[08:27] | I’ve got a room full of junk I could get rid of! | 我有一屋子不想要的垃圾 |
[08:30] | Then… we’ll have the money for the walkie-talkies… | 然后 我们就有足够买对讲机的钱了 |
[08:37] | Here’s to money! | 为金钱干杯 |
[08:44] | Oh, sorry, Lanny, my bad. Here. | 噢 对不起 兰尼 我的错 给你 |
[08:58] | Miranda. | 米兰达 |
[08:59] | Hey! Oh, I don’t have much time. | 嘿 噢 我没多少时间了 |
[09:02] | Mr. Escobar makes us meditate before we go on. | 埃斯科巴老师让我们在上台前冥想 |
[09:05] | Oh. That outfit is so excellent. | 喔 这套衣服太好看了 |
[09:07] | Thanks. I’m going to be a star! | 谢谢 我就要成为一个明星了 |
[09:09] | I’m going to write about it! | 而我就要写这篇报道了 |
[09:10] | Here. | 给你 |
[09:12] | It’s Cindy Loo-Moo. | 是辛蒂・露-姆 |
[09:13] | Yeah, you gave her to me before soccer playoffs, | 嗯 足球季后赛前你给了我 |
[09:15] | and it helped me score a goal. | 她还帮我进了一球 |
[09:16] | So now she’s going to bring you some good luck. | 所以她现在会给你带来好运的 |
[09:20] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[09:21] | Gather round, kids. | 集合了 孩子们 |
[09:23] | Thanks, I’ve got to go. | 谢谢 我得走了 |
[09:24] | Okay. | 好 |
[09:27] | Ohm… | 喔唔 |
[09:32] | Is Miranda nervous? | 米兰达紧张吗 |
[09:34] | No, I’ve never seen her so confident. | 没有 我从没见过她像现在这么自信 |
[09:37] | Here we go. | 开始了 |
[09:39] | Yep. Here we go. | 对 开始了 |
[09:49] | Hey, Reb, I heard you got expelled from school. | 嘿 瑞伯 我听说你被学校开除了 |
[09:52] | Hey, it’s Tudgeman! | 嘿 那是塔奇曼 |
[09:54] | Mr. Birch hasn’t liked me | 自从我的家族迁到西部 |
[09:55] | since my family’s moved west | 波奇先生就不再喜欢我了 |
[09:57] | and I started here at Southeast Northfield High. | 我要从东南诺斯菲尔德高中东山再起 |
[10:00] | Man, that’s a gyp, Reb. | 老兄 那都是些鬼话 瑞伯 |
[10:01] | They should have launched him into orbit | 他们应该把他发射到轨道上去 |
[10:03] | instead of the astronauts… oh! | 而不是那些宇航员 噢 |
[10:05] | Oh, Stingo, you and your wisecracks. | 噢 斯汀格 你总是在说俏皮话 |
[10:07] | Reb! Reb! | 瑞伯 瑞伯 |
[10:09] | Ow! | 嗷! |
[10:11] | Now that you’ve been expelled | 现在你已经被开除了 |
[10:13] | my father will never let me see you again. | 我父亲永远都不会再让你我相见 |
[10:16] | I’ll be restickted, | 我会被静止 |
[10:18] | stricted… | 严格… |
[10:19] | I’ll be restricted! | 我会被禁足 |
[10:21] | My bad… Um… | 我说错了 呃 |
[10:22] | and senior prom is two weeks away! | 而且距离高三舞会只有两周时间了 |
[10:30] | Reb! Reb! | 瑞伯 瑞伯 |
[10:33] | How could you do that, Daddy? | 父亲 您怎么能这么做呢 |
[10:34] | You’ll never understand Reb, | 您永远不会理解瑞伯 |
[10:36] | because he’s a wild mustang running free as swiftly | 因为他像一匹自由驰骋的野马 |
[10:39] | as the eagle on the prairie flying above us. | 是一只任意翱翔于原野之上的雄鹰 |
[10:42] | The wide open spaces… | 在广阔的空间中 |
[10:48] | So I’m going with Reb even if I have to drop out of school. | 我要和瑞伯一起 哪怕我退学也无所谓 |
[10:52] | Guess now I’ll never be… be… be… | 我猜现在的我永不会 会 会 |
[10:59] | …valedictorian. | 代表毕业生上台致辞 |
[11:04] | Wait for me, Reb! | 等着我 瑞伯 |
[11:11] | Well, it didn’t get any better. | 呃 一点进步也没有 |
[11:15] | It’s official. Miranda stinks. | 正式宣布 米兰达糟透了 |
[11:27] | Be careful with that box, Lanny. | 小心那个箱子 兰尼 |
[11:29] | I got a Celine Dion snow globe in there. | 我的一个席琳・迪翁雪花水晶球就放在里面 |
[11:32] | That’s got to be worth at least five bucks to some yokel. | 对一些乡巴佬来说那至少值五美元 |
[11:36] | No, Lanny, I told you. | 不 兰尼 我告诉过你了 |
[11:37] | First, we’re selling the books. | 首先 我们要卖掉那些书 |
[11:39] | Then the toys, then the clothes. | 接着是玩具 然后是衣服 |
[11:42] | And then we’ll sell the wagon. | 最后我们就卖掉这辆平板车 |
[11:43] | Okay, you ready, Lanny? | 好 你准备好了吗 兰尼 |
[11:45] | Hey, Matt, Lanny. Is your sister here? | 嘿 马特 兰尼 你姐姐在这儿吗 |
[11:49] | She’s inside. | 她在里面 |
[11:49] | Hey…! | 嘿 |
[11:51] | We’re selling some of my old stuff. Want to buy anything? | 我们打算卖掉我的一些旧玩意 想买点什么吗 |
[11:55] | Uh, I don’t think so. | 呃 我不这么想 |
[12:00] | Okay, okay, I can do this. | 好吧 好吧 我一定能做到的 |
[12:01] | I’ve got words in my head. | 我已经在脑海里想到了一些词句 |
[12:02] | Come on, words, out of my head, out, out! | 来吧 词语 从我脑海里浮现 浮现 浮现 |
[12:05] | Ooh, Scranton… | 噢 斯克兰顿 |
[12:07] | That’s a city in Pennsylvania. | 是宾夕法尼亚州的一个城市 |
[12:09] | What stinking good does that do me? | 我在做什么白痴的事情啊 |
[12:11] | Hey, what you doing? | 嘿 干什么呢 |
[12:13] | Hmm, the play review. | 哦 写话剧的评论 |
[12:15] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[12:16] | A Whee-lo. | 一个Whee-lo(一种带滚轮的小玩具) |
[12:19] | It doesn’t have a wheel. | 但是它都没有轮子了 |
[12:20] | Yeah, I know. | 对 我知道 |
[12:21] | That Lanny, he could sell ice to a polar bear. | 那个兰尼 他甚至能把冰块卖给北极熊 |
[12:27] | So, how’s the review coming? | 那么 评论写得怎么样了 |
[12:28] | Mmm, great. Just great. | 嗯 不错 只能说是不错 |
[12:32] | “Greasier Review, by Lizzie McGuire. Scranton.” | 《泥泞》剧评 作者利齐・麦奎尔 斯克兰顿 |
[12:36] | Well, I-I-I… that really says it all. | 噢 我 我 我 这就说明所有问题了 |
[12:39] | I probably would’ve gone with Pittsburgh | 我最远可能只去过匹兹堡 |
[12:40] | but you know me– I overstate things. | 但你是了解我的 我总是夸大事实 |
[12:43] | That’s just doodling. | 那些不过是我乱写的 |
[12:45] | I can’t bring myself to say that Miranda… | 我不可能让我自己说米兰达 |
[12:48] | Stinks like a cab driver’s armpit? | 演技臭得像一个出租车司机的腋窝 |
[12:51] | Gordo, I can’t say that. | 戈多 我不能这么说 |
[12:52] | She’s my best friend. I can’t give her a bad review. | 她是我最好的朋友 我不能给她差评 |
[12:55] | It’s not a big deal. | 这又没什么大不了 |
[12:56] | Miranda’s an actress. | 米兰达是个演员 |
[12:57] | She knows that sometimes you don’t get good reviews. | 她知道总会遇到不好的评论的 |
[12:59] | Well, she’s counting on me to support her. | 可她指望着我能支持她 |
[13:02] | She may be the worst actress in history, | 她大概是有史以来最差劲的演员 |
[13:05] | and you’re reporting on it. | 而你在对此做报道 |
[13:06] | You have to report the truth. | 你得陈述事实 |
[13:08] | Well, I might have to report the truth | 好吧 我也许会陈述事实 |
[13:10] | but that doesn’t mean I can’t go easy on her. | 可那不意味着我不能对她宽容些 |
[13:16] | Newcomer Miranda Sanchez gives her best effort as Rhonda | 新人米兰达・桑切斯尽了她最大的努力 |
[13:20] | in the school production of Greasier. | 在学校话剧《泥泞》中扮演朗达 |
[13:22] | “Unfortunately, | 令人遗憾的是 |
[13:23] | her best effort comes up short.” | 她的抢眼表现只持续了很短的时间 |
[13:26] | Comes up short?! | 只持续了很短的时间 |
[13:27] | Well, I said your clothes looked nice. | 呃 我说了你的戏服很漂亮 |
[13:30] | How could you do this? | 你怎么能这么做 |
[13:31] | You know how important this play is to me! | 你明知道这部戏对我有多重要 |
[13:33] | I know, and I… | 我知道 我还 |
[13:35] | I can’t believe it. I thought you were my best friend. | 真不敢相信 我还以为你是我最好的朋友 |
[13:49] | Hey, Miranda. I got you some flan. | 嘿 米兰达 我拿了些水果馅饼 |
[13:52] | I know how much you like it. | 我知道你喜欢 |
[13:55] | Hey, don’t slide away from me, Miss Thing. | 嘿 别从我旁边挪开 某某小姐 |
[13:57] | I’m trying to be the nice one here. | 我在努力示好 |
[13:58] | Come on, Miranda. | 米兰达 拜托 |
[14:00] | I mean, I didn’t mean for the review to hurt you. | 我是说 我不是有意写那篇评论来伤害你的 |
[14:03] | Hey, I shouldn’t even have to apologize, | 嘿 我甚至都不应该道歉 |
[14:05] | Miss Queen of Stinky Acting. | 演技超烂皇后小姐 |
[14:07] | I was just trying to do my job. | 我只是想做好我的工作 |
[14:08] | I thought that you would understand. | 我本以为你会理解 |
[14:10] | Oh, I-I understand. | 喔 我 我能理解 |
[14:12] | I understand that you’re just jealous that I’m the star of | 我了解你就是因为我是学校话剧的明星 |
[14:15] | the school play and you are just a little reporter! | 而你只是一个小小的记者 所以才嫉妒我 |
[14:18] | And if you think tearing me down makes you bigger than me | 如果你认为贬低我就能让你觉得高我一等 |
[14:21] | well, you’re wrong! You’re a lousy friend! | 那你就错了 你是个卑鄙的小人朋友 |
[14:26] | Well, you’re a lousy friend, too, and a stinkbag actress! | 你也是个卑鄙的小人朋友 还是个烂到极点的演员 |
[14:29] | Well, you’re a lousy friend, too, and a stinkbag actress! | 你也是个卑鄙的小人朋友 还是个烂到极点的演员 |
[14:32] | Impressive. | 真令人印象深刻 |
[14:33] | Oh! | 噢 |
[14:39] | Didn’t go so well, huh? | 进展不怎么顺利 对吧 |
[14:40] | Oh! Those were my fries! | 噢 我的炸薯条 |
[14:43] | Brilliant observation, Gordo. | 真是好眼力 戈多 |
[14:45] | Miranda, wait up. | 米兰达 等等 |
[14:47] | Don’t even try to defend Lizzie, Gordo. | 别想帮利齐辩解 戈多 |
[14:49] | I don’t have to. This is a tape of your performance | 我不需要 这是你表演时的录像带 |
[14:52] | and this is the review Lizzie wrote. | 还有利齐写的评论 |
[14:54] | Take a good look at them both. | 好好看看这两样东西 |
[14:59] | Oh, Reb, I’ve found you at last. | 噢 瑞伯 我终于找到你了 |
[15:02] | Don’t move. I’m coming across this arcade and… | 别走 我这就穿过拱廊和… |
[15:07] | …oops. Ow! | 哎呀 哇喔 |
[15:10] | …and jumping into your arms and never letting go! | 奔向你的臂膀 永远不让你离去 |
[15:15] | Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[15:16] | Roger that, Lanny. | 收到 兰尼 |
[15:18] | I’m exiting the kitchen and heading upstairs. | 我刚离开厨房准备上楼梯 |
[15:20] | We’ll establish communications from there. | 到那儿我们再开始通讯 |
[15:23] | Matt, over and out. | 马特 结束通话 |
[15:26] | Honey? Honey. Where did you get the walkie-talkies? | 亲爱的 亲爱的 你从哪弄来的对讲机 |
[15:30] | I earned them, like you said. | 照你们说的 我赚钱买的 |
[15:31] | Well, I’ve got to go. | 好吧 我得走了 |
[15:33] | Lanny got his stomach pumped | 兰尼刚刚洗完胃 |
[15:34] | and he’s going to tell me all about it. | 他要告诉我所有情况 |
[15:36] | How did he earn all that money? | 他从哪儿赚来这么多钱 |
[15:38] | And what did Lanny eat? | 还有兰尼吃了什么 |
[15:41] | So, even though they look like marshmallows | 就是说 虽然它们看起来像棉花糖 |
[15:44] | they don’t really taste like marshmallows? | 但它们尝起来并不是真的棉花糖吗 |
[15:48] | That’s good to know. | 幸好现在知道了 |
[15:50] | Well, Matt, over and out. Talk to you later. | 嗯 马特 结束通话 稍后联络 |
[15:55] | Hey, Matt. | 嘿 马特 |
[16:02] | What happened to all your things, honey? | 你的东西都去哪儿了 亲爱的 |
[16:04] | Sold them. | 卖掉了 |
[16:05] | And you used the money for your walkie-talkie? | 然后你拿卖得的钱去买了你的对讲机 |
[16:07] | Uh, yeah. | 呃 对 |
[16:09] | Well, I got to go downstairs and do my spelling homework. | 好吧 我得下楼去做我的拼写作业了 |
[16:11] | Oh, yeah… | 喔 对了 |
[16:13] | I don’t have anything to wear tomorrow to school. | 我没有明天可以穿去上学的衣服了 |
[16:17] | See ya! | 再见 |
[16:20] | What’s it going to cost to replace all his stuff? | 要买回他卖掉的东西要花多少钱 |
[16:23] | Uh… | 嗯 |
[16:25] | -Uh, right. -Yeah. | -哦 好吧 -是的 |
[16:27] | Let’s not teach him anything else for a while. | 短期内我们不要再教他什么道理了 |
[16:29] | -Okay? -Okay. | -好吗 -好 |
[16:30] | Hey, Mom. I think I’m going to buy my lunch at school tomorrow | 嘿 妈妈 我想我明天会在学校买午餐 |
[16:33] | so you don’t have to pack me one. | 所以你就不用帮我准备便当了 |
[16:35] | Honey, this isn’t for you. | 宝贝 这不是给你的 |
[16:36] | This is for your dad’s softball game. | 是为你爸爸垒球比赛备的 |
[16:39] | You’re going to Dad’s softball game? | 你要去看爸爸的垒球比赛 |
[16:40] | Mmm-hmm. | 没错 |
[16:41] | But he hardly even gets to play | 但他几乎从没得到上场的机会 |
[16:43] | and the only time he gets on the base | 而且他唯一一次上场那次 |
[16:44] | is when he gets hit by a pitch. | 他还被一个高飞球砸到了 |
[16:50] | Well, his team finally made it to | 哦 他们队最后还是进了 |
[16:52] | the semi-quarter consolation game, whatever | 落选赛的半决赛 不管怎么说 |
[16:55] | and it’s the best they’ve ever done | 那是他们的最好成绩 |
[16:56] | so I figured, what the heck | 所以我想通了 管他呢 |
[16:57] | But you don’t even like softball. | 可你根本不喜欢垒球 |
[16:59] | Honey, it’s not that I don’t like it. I hate it. | 亲爱的 我不是不喜欢它 我根本就是讨厌它 |
[17:02] | It’s very, very dull to watch | 非常非常无聊 |
[17:04] | and the bleachers are incredibly uncomfortable. | 而且坐在那些露天看台上十分不舒服 |
[17:06] | Go! | 上啊 |
[17:07] | Go! | 冲 |
[17:09] | Yeah! | 就是这样 |
[17:10] | Whoo! | 喔 |
[17:12] | Well, he didn’t go to your blood drive. | 不过 他就没去参加你的献血活动 |
[17:14] | Well, to be fair, he was working that day. | 噢 说句公道话 他那天正在工作 |
[17:17] | I thought he just didn’t want to go. | 我觉得是他不想去 |
[17:18] | Well, if he did, I would still go to his game. | 即使他确实是这么想的 我还是会去看他的比赛 |
[17:21] | It’s not about who owes who what. | 这不是谁欠谁的问题 |
[17:23] | If you love someone, you support them. | 如果你爱某人 就该支持他们 |
[17:26] | I hate this! | 我讨厌这样 |
[17:27] | She’s showing me how to be a better friend to Miranda | 她在告诉我怎样更好地去当米兰达的朋友 |
[17:30] | and she doesn’t even know she’s doing it. | 而她自己甚至都没意识到这一点 |
[17:32] | I think Mom might be a witch. | 我想妈妈大概是个女巫 |
[17:34] | “In spite of the efforts of the rest of the cast “the entire | 尽管剧组的其他成员非常卖力 |
[17:36] | play is dragged down by Miranda Sanchez’s performance | 米兰达・桑切斯的表演仍是把整出戏毁掉的败笔 |
[17:41] | You?! Y… I… | 你 你 我 |
[17:44] | We were on our way to the stars! | 我们原本会成为明星的 |
[17:48] | Hmm… Places, everyone. | 嗯 各就各位 同学们 |
[17:54] | Miranda, I know you think I’m a terrible friend | 米兰达 我知道你觉得我是个差劲的朋友 |
[17:56] | but before you drop a spotlight on me | 可是在你忽略我之前 |
[17:58] | I wanted to show you this. | 我想给你看看这个 |
[18:01] | t’s running in the next issue. | 它会发表在下期的刊物上 |
[18:02] | It’s a retraction of my review. | 是关于我上篇评论的撤稿声明 |
[18:05] | “Contrary to previous reports “ | “与前次剧评相反 |
[18:07] | Miranda Sanchez is very entertaining | 作为扮演朗达・杜波珀波勒的演员 |
[18:08] | as Rhonda Dopopopolos.” | 米兰达・桑切斯把这个角色诠释得富有娱乐性” |
[18:11] | I was wrong to run a bad review, and I’m really sorry. | 上次写的那篇差评是我的错 我真的很抱歉 |
[18:14] | No, you’re wrong now. I was terrible. | 不 你现在才错了 我确实很糟糕 |
[18:18] | You were terrible? | 你很糟糕 |
[18:19] | I saw the tape of my performance. Ew! | 我看了我演出时的录像带 呕 |
[18:22] | I-I even wrote a letter to the editor | 我 我甚至写了封信给编辑 |
[18:24] | saying your review was too nice. | 说你的评论太客气了 |
[18:25] | How can you write a retraction of the truth? | 你怎么能撤回一篇说出事实的报道呢 |
[18:28] | Because you’re my friend. | 因为你是我的朋友 |
[18:29] | And you love acting. I couldn’t just ruin that for you. | 而且你很爱表演 我不能毁了你的爱好 |
[18:33] | Well, thanks, | 那 谢谢 |
[18:33] | but just because I’m a bad actress | 但是我是个糟糕的演员 |
[18:35] | doesn’t mean you should be a bad journalist. | 并不意味着你就要当一个糟糕的记者 |
[18:37] | If I’d known it was going to make you feel that bad | 如果我早知道那样会让你难过 |
[18:40] | I would have never written a review. | 我是永远都不会写那篇报道的 |
[18:41] | Thanks, but if I had known I was going to stink so bad | 谢谢 不过如果我早知道我的表演会烂成这样 |
[18:44] | I would have never even done the show. | 我也永远不会参加这场演出 |
[18:48] | I’m sorry I got mad at you | 很抱歉我对你发了脾气 |
[18:49] | but let’s face it, acting is not my thing. | 但是我们面对现实吧 我不擅长表演 |
[18:52] | Whoo-hoo! | 呜呼 |
[18:53] | Oh, Stingo, you and your wisecracks. Heh, heh. | 噢 斯汀格 你总是在说俏皮话 呵呵 |
[18:56] | Hey, maybe glee club? | 嘿 参加合唱团怎样 |
[18:58] | Huh? | 啊 |
[18:59] | Oh, Stingo, you and your wisecracks. | 噢 斯汀格 你总是在说俏皮话 |
[19:03] | Glee club. If I’m a bad actress, I have to be a good singer. | 合唱团 如果我是个烂演员 我就得当个好歌手 |
[19:07] | Glee club? Singing? Oh, no! | 合唱团 唱歌 噢 不 |
[19:10] | Oh, Stingo, you and your wisecracks! | 噢 斯汀格 你总是在说俏皮话 |
[19:15] | Oops. That’s my cue. Poor audience. | 喔 该我出场了 可怜的观众 |
[19:20] | Reb! Reb! | 瑞伯 瑞伯 |
[19:22] | Ow! | 嗷 |
[19:25] | Singing. | 唱歌 |
[19:26] | Just when you think Miranda’s hit bottom, | 当你以为米兰达已经跌到谷底的时候 |
[19:28] | she gets a shovel. | 她还能跌得更深 |
[19:30] | 一个月后 合唱团独唱会 | |
[19:38] | Look at me | 看着我 |
[19:40] | I will never pass for a perfect bride | 我永不是世人眼中的完美新娘 |
[19:45] | Or a perfect daughter | 或父母膝下的乖巧女儿 |
[19:48] | Can it be, I’m not meant to play this part | 我会是谁呢 我本不愿如此装扮 |
[19:55] | Now I see that if I weren’t true to be myself | 如今的我并非原本模样 |
[19:56] | Hello, Mariah Carey. | 你好 玛丽亚・凯莉 |
[19:58] | She really found something she doesn’t stink at. | 她终于找到她不会搞砸的事了 |
[20:00] | Now I see that if I weren’t true to be myself | 如今的我并非原本模样 |
[20:03] | Good for Miranda. | 祝福米兰达 |
[20:03] | I bet if I keep looking | 我敢打赌 如果我认真去找的话 |
[20:05] | I can find a thing I’m really good at, too. | 我也能找到我擅长的一样东西 |
[20:07] | Mulan Soundtrack – Reflection | |
[20:10] | Somehow I cannot hide who I am | 无论我怎样掩饰 |
[20:18] | Though I’ve tried | 仍无法将真实的我隐藏 |
[20:20] | When will my reflection show who I am inside? | 何时才能从我的倒影里见到我的真实模样 |
[20:35] | I’m your guy. | 我就是你们要找的人 |
[20:39] | Brilliant observation, Gordo. | 洞察力真敏锐啊 戈多 |
[20:46] | Hey, don’t slide away from me miss… | 嘿 别从我旁边挪开 小姐 |
[20:49] | Oops. | 噢 |
[20:57] | I was just trying to do my job. I thought you’d understand. | 我只想做好我的工作 我还以为你能理解 |
[21:01] | Oh… I-I… Understand… I un | 噢 我 我 理解 我理 |