时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Good morning, everyone. | 大家早上好 |
[00:04] | Are you sure we’re not getting graded on this? | 你确定我们不会因为这次考试而分级吗 |
[00:06] | Chill. It’s not a real test. | 放松 这不是真正的考试 |
[00:08] | There are no right and wrong answers. | 答案也没有对错之分 |
[00:09] | Just put down what you feel. | 你就只管放心吧 |
[00:13] | I feel… gum. | 我感觉到了 口香糖 |
[00:16] | How we “feel”? | 我们是怎样“感觉”的 |
[00:17] | Doesn’t that sound a little new-agey? | 这问题是不是有点前卫了 |
[00:20] | Ooh, do I smell incense? | 噢 我能闻到香味儿吗 |
[00:22] | What’s the test for? | 这个测试到底是为了什么 |
[00:23] | It’s supposed to tell you what might be a good career for you. | 应该是为了告诉你你适合从事什么样的工作 |
[00:25] | Okay, bring it on | 好吧 放马过来 |
[00:27] | as long as one of the choices is backup singer, I’m gold. | 只要结果里有伴唱歌手这一项 我就倍感荣幸了 |
[00:30] | Just as long as it’s not some kind of stealth pop quiz. | 只要这不是那种偷偷搞的小测验就行 |
[00:33] | Mr. Pettus can slice and dice a frog in formaldehyde | 佩特斯先生能在福尔马林中把青蛙切成片状或块状 |
[00:36] | faster than you can say “Benihana!” | 你根本来不及说一段咒语 |
[00:41] | The downside is, | 可他的问题是 |
[00:42] | he gets kind of wigged out about all the homeroom paperwork. | 他经常在学生指导室里被大家的文章搞得精神恍惚 |
[00:49] | Test… here we go. | 考试 让我看看 |
[00:50] | Test bubble procedure: | 考试要求 关于填涂框 |
[00:52] | do not use a checkmark or an “X.” | 不要用X来填涂选项框 |
[00:55] | Fill in the bubble completely. | 要把它涂满 |
[00:57] | We’ve been test bubbling since, like, kindergarten. | 我们好像从幼儿园起就开始涂填涂框了吧 |
[01:00] | Why do we need the instructions every time? | 为什么每次都要把要求再重复一遍 |
[01:03] | They expect us to know the square root of 162 | 他们指望我们能记住162的平方根是多少 |
[01:05] | but don’t think we can remember how to fill in the circle. | 却不认为我们会记住怎么涂填涂框 |
[01:07] | Save your cleverness for your project, Mr. Gordon. | 把你的小聪明留着做课程实验上吧 戈登先生 |
[01:11] | Begin! | 开始 |
[01:20] | If you believe, we’ve got a picture-perfect plan | 如果你相信 我们事先就有一个绝妙的计划 |
[01:27] | We’ve got you fooled | 那你就错了 |
[01:30] | ‘Cause we only do the best we can | 我们不过是在尽力而为 |
[01:35] | Sometimes we make it | 有时我们会取得成功 |
[01:39] | And sometimes we fake it | 有时我们会把事情搞砸 |
[01:42] | But we get one step closer each and every day | 但我们离目标一天比一天近 |
[01:48] | We’ll figure it out on the way | 我们会在途中解决所有难题 |
[01:52] | Lizzie McGuire 新成长的烦恼 | |
[01:56] | Look at them. | 看看他们 |
[01:57] | Poor suckers all think | 可怜的傻瓜们 还以为他们 |
[01:58] | they’ll be the next Bill Gates | 将成为下一个比尔・盖茨 |
[01:59] | when in reality, odds are they’ll be manning | 而实际上 他们很有可能只会在商场里 |
[02:02] | the hair scrunchy cart at the mall. | 推着装满绑头发的橡皮筋的小车叫卖 |
[02:03] | I like hair scrunchies. | 我喜欢橡皮筋儿 |
[02:05] | Gordo, you don’t have to worry. | 戈多 你完全不用担心 |
[02:06] | You’ll be able to do anything you want after college. | 你大学毕业以后肯定能做任何你想做的事情 |
[02:09] | You will get straight “As.” | 你的成绩会全A的 |
[02:10] | Not in science. | 科学课肯定得不了A |
[02:11] | Mr. Pettus has been giving me “Bs” all semester. | 整个学期以来佩特斯先生一直只给我B |
[02:13] | But science is one your best subjects. | 可是科学课是你最强的科目之一呀 |
[02:16] | Oh, come on, they’re all your best subjects. | 噢 得了吧 所有的科目都是你最强的 |
[02:18] | They were. My straight “A” streak’s over. | 以前是这样 现在连续得A得时光已经结束了 |
[02:20] | Hold up. | 等等 |
[02:22] | Can I have a minute to process? | 我能不能花一分钟捋一捋 |
[02:24] | I mean, if Gordo doesn’t even get an “A” in science | 我想说 如果戈多都无法在科学课上拿A |
[02:25] | what hope is there for the rest of us? | 那我们其他人岂不是彻底无望了 |
[02:28] | You don’t have to worry, | 你不用担心 |
[02:28] | Mr. Pettus is giving me “Bs” because he hates me. | 佩特斯先生给我打B是因为他讨厌我 |
[02:31] | Why would he hate you? | 他为什么会讨厌你 |
[02:33] | Did he ever find out you put that dead frog in his pocket? | 难道说他发现了给他衣服口袋里放死青蛙的人是你 |
[02:36] | It was alive when I did it. | 我放进去的时候它还活着呢 |
[02:37] | But I don’t think that’s it. | 我不认为是这个原因 |
[02:39] | It’s got to be something about me. | 肯定是关于我自身的什么事情 |
[02:40] | Okay, truth. | 好吧 说实话 |
[02:42] | If there was some gross abnormality I had | 如果我身上有很明显的 佩特斯先生讨厌的 |
[02:44] | that Mr. Pettus hated, you’d tell me, right? | 奇怪的东西 你们要告诉我 好吗 |
[02:46] | Like what? | 比如说 |
[02:47] | Uh, an infected pimple? | 一颗感染的粉刺 |
[02:49] | Or a-a deformed twin growing out of my shoulder? | 或者说我的两肩不一样齐 |
[02:53] | Or a unibrow? | 或者我的眉毛太密了 |
[02:55] | The career aptitude test is supposed to tell you | 职业能力倾向测验意在告诉你们 |
[02:57] | what career would be good for you. | 什么样的职业适合你们 |
[02:58] | I took that test. | 我参加过那个测验 |
[03:00] | You did? | 你参加了 |
[03:01] | Oh, sure, we both did. | 噢 是的 我们都参加过 |
[03:02] | Your mom was supposed to be a rock and roll diva | 你妈本应该成为世界上收藏鞋子最丰富的 |
[03:04] | with a world-renowned shoe collection. | 摇滚女星 |
[03:09] | You gave all that up for us, Mom? | 你为了我们放弃了那个职业 是吗 妈妈 |
[03:11] | Way to prioritize. | 真分得清主次关系 |
[03:12] | Yep. Don’t you forget it. | 是啊 你可别忘了哦 |
[03:14] | Matt, two minutes I’m going to compost your dinner. | 马特 两分钟以后我就要把你的晚饭搅在一起了 |
[03:17] | When I took that test, | 我参加那个测试的时候 |
[03:18] | it showed I have untapped mechanical ability. | 结果说我有未被开发的机械方面的潜能 |
[03:20] | Yeah, so explain to me | 是啊 那么向我解释一下 |
[03:21] | how come the new microwave cart is not assembled yet. | 为什么新款的微波车还没有组装完毕呀 |
[03:26] | Rome wasn’t built in a day | 罗马不是一天建成的 |
[03:27] | and I’m sure that Rome came with all the pieces. | 我确定罗马也是由零件组装成的 |
[03:30] | Okay | 好吧 |
[03:31] | I have an announcement. | 我要宣布一件事 |
[03:33] | All right, son. | 好啊 儿子 |
[03:34] | Go ahead. | 说吧 |
[03:36] | I don’t want to be called Matt anymore. | 我不想再被人叫做马特了 |
[03:40] | From now on, I’m… M-Dogg. | 从现在开始 我叫M-道格 |
[03:45] | Lizzie! | 利齐 |
[03:46] | Lizzie… | 利齐 |
[03:47] | All right why don’t we talk about this, buddy? | 好吧 我们为什么不谈谈这件事呢 朋友 |
[03:50] | Why are you so down on “Matt”? | 你为什么不喜欢“马特” |
[03:51] | Yeah, I love your name. | 是啊 我喜欢你的名字 |
[03:52] | Yeah, ’cause you picked it! | 那当然 因为这是你起的 |
[03:54] | Lizzie! | 利齐 |
[03:55] | Lizzie… | 利齐 |
[03:56] | Well, Matt’s all right. | 呃 马特挺好的 |
[03:58] | It’s just… there’s four guys in my class named Matt | 只是我们班上有四个男生都叫马特 |
[04:01] | and I just want to stand out. | 我只是想与众不同一些 |
[04:04] | M-Dogg just feels more… me. | M-道格感觉更有我的味道 |
[04:07] | I knew we should have named him Dylan. | 我早就说应该起成“狄伦” |
[04:09] | There are seven Dylans. | 班上有七个狄伦 |
[04:11] | Matt, don’t you think M-Dogg is a little too… | 马特 你难道不觉得M-道格这名字有点太 |
[04:14] | Um… lame? | 呃 蹩脚 |
[04:16] | Uh… Lizzie? | 呃 利齐 |
[04:17] | Lizzie! | 利齐 |
[04:17] | I’m not going to tell you again! | 我不想再跟你重复 |
[04:19] | I guess three times is tonight’s quota. | 事不过三 今晚够了 |
[04:22] | Matt… | 马特 |
[04:22] | don’t you think that M-Dogg might be a little too different? | 你难道不觉得M-道格有点太与众不同了吗 |
[04:26] | Well, that’s what I’m going for. | 是啊 这就是我想要追求的 |
[04:28] | Something cool… | 酷的东西 |
[04:30] | something street… | 新潮的东西 |
[04:32] | something… different. | 与众不同的东西 |
[04:34] | What about an Indian name, like Dances With Wolves? | 那你不如起一个印第安名字 比如“与狼共舞” |
[04:37] | Like what? | 比如什么 |
[04:38] | How about Falls Off His Razor or Still Wets The Bed? | “滑落剃须刀”或者“床上画地图”怎么样 |
[04:42] | Mom! Dad! | 妈妈 爸爸 |
[04:45] | Lizzie! | 利齐 |
[04:50] | Come on, you guys. | 快点啊 伙计们 |
[04:51] | My bangs are growing out faster than you’re moving. | 我的刘海长长的速度都比你们的动作快 |
[04:53] | Why are you in such a hurry to get to science anyway? | 你为什么急着去上科学课啊 |
[04:57] | I still smell like frog. | 我身上仍然有股青蛙味儿 |
[04:59] | I want to see what I got on my dolphin paper. | 我想知道我写的关于海豚的论文得了个什么分数 |
[05:01] | Uh, I don’t need to see my paper. | 呃 我无需看到我的论文 |
[05:03] | I bet I get another “B.” | 我打赌肯定还是个B |
[05:04] | Gordo, everyone knows you’re like | 戈多 大家都知道 你简直就是 |
[05:06] | the Tiger Woods of term papers. | 论文界的泰格・伍兹 |
[05:08] | I’m sure you’re looking at an “A.” | 我确定你想得到一个A |
[05:09] | You guys just don’t get it. | 你们还是不明白 |
[05:11] | It doesn’t matter how good my work is. | 这跟我的论文好坏无关 |
[05:13] | Mr. Pettus just hates me. | 佩特斯先生就是讨厌我 |
[05:14] | Oh, come on, Gordo. | 噢 行了 戈多 |
[05:15] | Have you ever had a teacher just not like you? | 曾经有哪个老师不喜欢你 |
[05:18] | Well, | 呃 |
[05:19] | things were kind of rocky with Miss Stokes in kindergarten | 幼儿园时候的斯托克斯小姐就是个例外 |
[05:22] | after I threw up on the | 我在“魔术圈的故事”毯子上吐了之后 |
[05:23] | Magic Circle Story rug. | 她就不喜欢我了 |
[05:28] | Oh, yay! Yes! | 噢 耶 好 |
[05:32] | A “B+.” That’s what I’m talking about. | 一个B+ 正是我想要的 |
[05:34] | My dolphin paper? | 我的关于海豚的论文 |
[05:35] | Okay, the margins were a little wide | 好吧 页边距确实有点宽 |
[05:38] | but it had to be at least four pages. | 但这是因为必须写够四页纸 |
[05:40] | Go ahead, ask me what dolphins eat. | 来吧 问问我海豚吃什么 |
[05:43] | Okay, t-this is what I’m talking about. | 好的 这也正是我想说的 |
[05:47] | Gordo, this is amazing. | 戈多 这简直奇了 |
[05:48] | Not really. | 还行吧 |
[05:49] | I left out all the stuff about the Coriolis Effect. | 我忘了写科里奥利效应(地球自转偏向力)的事情 |
[05:51] | I figured why bother for a lousy “B.” | 估计这就是这个差劲的B出现的理由 |
[05:54] | That grade has to be a mistake. This is an “A+” paper. | 这分数肯定打错了 这是一篇A+的论文 |
[05:57] | Maybe if it had your name on it. | 如果署名是你的话 |
[05:58] | If it had my name on it it’d be called | 如果署名是我 那么标题只能是 |
[06:00] | “Our Friend The Ocean.” | “我们的朋友――海洋” |
[06:06] | Matt? | 马特 |
[06:07] | Matt. | 马特 |
[06:08] | Matt! | 马特 |
[06:09] | M-Dogg? | M-道格 |
[06:11] | Mom wants you. | 妈妈叫你 |
[06:14] | Yo, Mom, what’s up? | 呦 妈妈 什么事 |
[06:17] | You’re not going to school like that. | 你不能这样去学校 |
[06:19] | Go upstairs and change into something less Barnum and Bailey. | 上楼去换一件正常点的衣服 |
[06:22] | Word. | 我说 |
[06:24] | Can I at least wear my do-rag? | 我至少可以戴上我的头巾吧 |
[06:26] | Uh, I don’t think Snoop | 我不认为斯努普(斯努普・道格 美国说唱歌手) |
[06:27] | wears cranberry. | 还头顶小红莓 |
[06:29] | Just go and change before you’re late for school. | 在你迟到之前赶快去换衣服 |
[06:33] | Jo | 乔 |
[06:34] | I was backing the car out and | 我倒车的时候看见我们儿子的 |
[06:35] | I spotted this on our son’s bike. | 自行车上有这么一个东西 |
[06:36] | We are so in over our heads. | 我们真是没办法了 |
[06:40] | We cannot be in over our heads. We’re the parents. | 我们不能没办法 我们是父母 |
[06:44] | Well, I’m open to suggestions. | 好吧 我对建议持开放态度 |
[06:46] | You know, I… | 知道吗 我 |
[06:46] | Not from you. | 不用你来提 |
[06:51] | This week we begin our unit on the human brain. | 这一周我们开始学习人脑这一单元 |
[06:54] | Projects are due on the seventh. | 十七号之前把实验项目交上来 |
[06:56] | Students who wish to receive extra credit are encouraged | 想获得额外学分的同学们 我鼓励你们 |
[06:59] | to sign up for my brain-swap experiment. | 报名参加我的换脑实验 |
[07:05] | Lame as that joke was, I always make it a point | 与这个蹩脚的笑话相照应 我总能 |
[07:07] | to go along with it | 明白老师的意思 |
[07:08] | when teachers try to get a laugh. | 那就是他想逗我们笑 |
[07:15] | Before we begin | 开始上课之前 |
[07:16] | I have the results of your career aptitude tests. | 我先发一下你们的职业能力测试结果 |
[07:19] | Gordo, I’ve been thinking about | 戈多 在我们参加了那个测试之后 |
[07:20] | what I want to do since we took that test | 我一直在想我到底想干什么 |
[07:22] | and I realized, I have no clue. | 最后发现 我根本想不出来 |
[07:24] | I thought you wanted to be a veterinarian. | 我以为你相当个兽医 |
[07:26] | Hello! I was seven. | 你好 那时候我才七岁 |
[07:28] | I also pretended I was a horse. | 我还假装自己是一匹马呢 |
[07:30] | I want an interesting job that lets me live in a nice place, | 我想做一个允许我生活在好地方的有趣工作 |
[07:33] | travel a lot and still have plenty of time for the twins. | 可以经常旅行 而且有大量时间可以陪双胞胎 |
[07:37] | Twins? | 双胞胎 |
[07:38] | It could happen. | 有可能啊 |
[07:39] | Maybe you could, um, marry into a royal family. | 也许你可以 呃 嫁到一个皇室家庭去 |
[07:44] | Okay, forget everything else I said about a career. | 好吧 忘掉我对职业发表的一切言论 |
[07:46] | Whatever I decide to do. | 无论我决定要干什么 |
[07:48] | I want to make a lot of money. | 只要能赚大钱就好 |
[07:54] | I thought you were all about following your passions. | 我以为你完全跟着你的热情走呢 |
[07:56] | One of my passions is money. | 钱也是我的热情来源之一啊 |
[08:01] | Okay. I’m going to be… | 好的 我将成为 |
[08:05] | a Navy SEAL? | 海豹部队 |
[08:10] | Cosmetologist? | 美容师 |
[08:17] | Blackjack dealer! | 赌场发牌人 |
[08:21] | What a day. | 真是奇了 |
[08:22] | I flunk the unflunkable test | 我在不可能挂掉的一科挂掉了 |
[08:24] | my science teacher hates me | 我的科学老师讨厌我 |
[08:25] | and I’m going to be a blackjack dealer. | 而且我还将成为一个赌场发牌人 |
[08:31] | I’d rather be… a horse. | 我宁愿去做一匹马 |
[08:34] | Okay, this is no way I’m going to be a Navy SEAL. | 好吧 我不可能成为海豹部队 |
[08:38] | A) You have to get your hair wet. | 第一 你不得不弄湿头发 |
[08:40] | B) You have to get up early. | 第二 你得很早起床 |
[08:42] | And C) You have to get your hair wet! | 第三 你不得不弄湿头发 |
[08:45] | Hmm… cosmetologist? | 嗯 美容师 |
[08:48] | I never really thought about it | 我想都没想过 |
[08:49] | although I do have a flair for French-braiding hair. | 虽然我的确有法国编发的天分 |
[08:52] | Yes, you do. | 是的 你有 |
[08:53] | Did I mention I’m not getting my hair wet for a living? | 我没说过我不能为了生计而弄湿我的头发吗 |
[08:55] | Hey, Monica and Rachel. | 嘿 莫妮卡和蕾切尔 |
[08:56] | Can we talk about something besides hair? | 我们能不能谈谈头发以外的事情 |
[08:58] | Like why I’m supposed to be a blackjack dealer. | 比如说我为什么应该成为一个发牌人 |
[09:03] | “Our Friend The Brain.” | “我们的朋友――大脑” |
[09:07] | Oh… | 噢 |
[09:09] | Come on. | 出来 |
[09:15] | Typical! The marker always runs out | 总是这样 当你快要完成的时候 |
[09:16] | when you’re almost done– | 标记笔总是不出水儿 |
[09:17] | one of the laws of science projects. | 这是科学课实验项目的一条定律 |
[09:19] | Another one says | 还有一条是 |
[09:20] | “You can never find the scissors when you need them.” | “当你需要剪刀时你永远也找不到它” |
[09:24] | Hey, Matt. Matt, do you have any more markers? | 嘿 马特 马特 你有多余的标记笔吗 |
[09:28] | Matt! | 马特 |
[09:29] | There’s no one here named Matt. | 这儿没人叫马特 |
[09:30] | Fine. Yo, M-Dogg, hook me up with another marker. | 好吧 呦 M-道格 给我拿一只标记笔 |
[09:34] | Nope. You called me you know what. | 不行 你叫我什么来着 |
[09:37] | You punked me. | 你把我当傻瓜啊 |
[09:38] | Now… you must pay. | 现在你必须付出代价 |
[09:40] | Okay, Matt. I’m not joking. | 好吧 马特 我不跟你开玩笑 |
[09:42] | I have to finish my science project. | 我必须完成我的科学实验项目 |
[09:43] | Don’t do the crime, if you can’t do the time. | 如果你不能掌控时间 就不要作恶 |
[09:46] | M-Dogg, if you don’t want your little homeys to know | M-道格 如果你不想让你的家人知道 |
[09:49] | that you sleep on geeky, action hero sheets | 你和那张奇怪的动作片英雄床单睡在一起 |
[09:51] | hand over that marker, pronto! | 你就把标记笔给我 快点 |
[09:57] | Much love, bro. Peace. | 大爱 弟弟 休战 |
[09:59] | M-Dogg! | M-道格 |
[10:01] | We’re waiting for you to start the video. | 我们等着你一起看录像 |
[10:05] | Yo, M-Dogg, there’s a place right here | 呦 M-道格 这是给你留的位置 |
[10:07] | for you on the couch, buddy. | 坐到沙发上来吧 伙计 |
[10:11] | Okay, what’s the deal? | 好的 到底怎么回事 |
[10:14] | Why are you all calling me M-Dogg? | 为什么你们都开始叫我M-道格了 |
[10:17] | Oh, we decided as a family | 噢 我们觉得作为一个家庭 |
[10:18] | to honor your decision. | 我们得尊重你的选择 |
[10:20] | -Really? -Really. | -真的吗 -真的 |
[10:22] | except from now on, instead of “Dad” | 但是从现在开始 不能叫我“爸爸”了 |
[10:24] | you’ll refer to me as “D.D.” | 你得叫我“迪迪” |
[10:26] | And you’ll call me “Mew-mew.” | 你得叫我“缪缪” |
[10:28] | At all times. We’re D.D. and Mew-Mew. | 从今往后 我们就是迪迪和缪缪 |
[10:31] | Just like when you were two, | 就好比你两岁的时候 |
[10:32] | and you were trying to say “Mommy” and “Daddy.” | 努力叫我们“妈咪”和“爹地”一样 |
[10:34] | It was cute! | 真可爱 |
[10:35] | Cool! | 酷 |
[10:36] | All the time? | 一直都得这么叫 |
[10:38] | Not just in the house but in front of my friends and stuff? | 不仅在家 而且在我的朋友同学面前也得这样 |
[10:42] | Oh, man! No fair. | 噢 天哪 不公平 |
[10:45] | Why can’t I just call you “Mom and Dad” again? | 我为什么不能继续叫你们“妈妈”“爸爸”了 |
[10:48] | Well, we just made a choice. | 呃 我们刚刚做出了选择 |
[10:50] | Just like you. Oh, shh, movie’s starting. | 就像你一样 噢 嘘 电影开始了 |
[10:52] | But what if…? | 可是如果 |
[10:53] | Shh! Shh… | 嘘 嘘 |
[10:58] | -Hello? -Hey, how’s your, uh, brain project coming? | -你好 -嘿 你的大脑实验项目做得怎么样了 |
[11:00] | Oh, just finished. How’s your project? | 噢 刚做完 你的呢 |
[11:02] | Great. I really got into it. | 很不错 我真的很投入 |
[11:04] | It’s the best thing I’ve done all semester. | 这是我这一学期里做得最好的 |
[11:06] | Now, what does that mean to you Lizzie McGuire? | 你知道这对你来说意味着什么吗 利齐・麦奎尔 |
[11:09] | Um… nothing? | 呃 没什么啊 |
[11:11] | No, it means you’re going to turn in my project | 不是 这意味着你要以你的名义 |
[11:14] | with your name on it. | 把这个作品交上去 |
[11:15] | I can’t stand the thought of doing all this work | 我做了这么多工作 最后得一个恶心的B |
[11:17] | and getting a lousy “B.” | 我可不甘心 |
[11:18] | So, I want you to turn it in and get the A-plus it deserves. | 所以 我希望你能交上去然后得一个它应得的A+ |
[11:21] | Beep, beep, beep. Okay, back it up, here. | 吡 吡 吡 好的 我们倒回去 |
[11:24] | You want me to put my name on your project? | 你想在你的的作品上署我的名 |
[11:27] | Yeah. You might want to bring a seven-volt battery | 是的 你也许需要带去一块七伏电池 |
[11:29] | and any extra insulated wiring you have lying around. | 并且在身上缠一些绝缘线 |
[11:32] | Uh… right. Okay, Gordo, so does this mean | 呃 好 戈多 这是不是意味着 |
[11:34] | you’re going to turn in my project? | 你要把我的作品交上去 |
[11:36] | -Sure. -Gordo, I don’t know if I’m up for this. | -当然了 -戈多 我不知道我该不该这样做 |
[11:39] | I’ll have to think about it. I’ll talk to you tomorrow. | 我得考虑一下 明天答复你 |
[11:41] | B-But… | 可 可是 |
[11:44] | Hey, Lizzie. Let me see your brain project. | 嘿 利齐 让我看看你的大脑实验作品 |
[11:46] | Oh. | 噢 |
[11:48] | Hmm, fancy. | 嗯 漂亮 |
[11:50] | I don’t know how all this brain science | 我不知道这些关于大脑的科学 |
[11:51] | is going to help me achieve natural-looking highlights | 对我在沙龙里接待的顾客获得自然的外表 |
[11:53] | for my clients at the salon. | 有什么帮助 |
[11:54] | Yeah, well, I figured out a way to get out of | 是啊 呃 我想出了一个远离 |
[11:56] | the whole Navy SEAL thing. | 海豹部队的前途的方法 |
[11:58] | From now on if anyone asks, I can’t swim. | 从今以后只要有人问我会不会游泳 我都说不会 |
[12:02] | Oh, come on, Miranda. We took lessons together. | 噢 得了吧 米兰达 我们一起上的游泳课 |
[12:04] | There are witnesses. | 而且有很多目击证人 |
[12:06] | You wouldn’t get back in the water | 当时 只要谢莉・格罗斯巴特不停地 |
[12:07] | till they made Shelly Grossbart | 在泳池里出事儿 |
[12:08] | stop having accidents in the pool | 你就没法下水 |
[12:11] | Okay, I can swim | 好吧 我会游泳 |
[12:13] | but the Navy doesn’t have to know that. Capisce? | 但是海军不需要知道这一点 懂吗 |
[12:16] | Hey, guys. | 嘿 伙计们 |
[12:18] | Where’s your project? | 你的作品呢 |
[12:19] | Oh, it was too big to fit in my locker | 噢 太大了 放不进我的橱柜里 |
[12:21] | so I stashed it in the custodian’s closet. | 所以我就把它现藏在管理员的房间里了 |
[12:23] | This must be some project. | 那肯定是一个不错的作品啊 |
[12:25] | Well, some people might think so. | 呃 有些人可能会这么想 |
[12:27] | Others may only give it a “B” | 而另一些人可能只会给它打一个B |
[12:29] | but what difference does it make? | 不过这又能怎么着呢 |
[12:30] | I don’t need straight “As.” | 我不需要全A |
[12:32] | I’m just going to be a blackjack dealer. | 我只需成为一个赌场的发牌人 |
[12:33] | You only have to count to 21. | 你只需数到21 |
[12:36] | Fine, you win. I’ll switch projects with you. | 好吧 你赢了 我跟你换 |
[12:39] | You will? Excellent. Come on, follow me. | 真的吗 太好了 快点 跟我来 |
[12:46] | Man, Gordo, this is one cool project. | 天哪 戈多 这东西太酷了 |
[12:49] | What’s this about you guys switching? | 你们为什么要换呢 |
[12:51] | Gordo doesn’t think Mr. Pettus will give his masterpiece | 戈多觉得佩特斯先生不会给他的大作 |
[12:54] | the grade it deserves. | 打一个应得的分数 |
[12:55] | But if Lizzie hands in my little beauty… | 但如果利齐把我的小美人儿交上去的话 |
[12:58] | Do you guys feel a blast of arctic wind from Sweden | 你们有没有感觉到一股北极风从 |
[13:01] | where they hand out the Nobel Prize? | 诺贝尔奖的颁奖地 瑞典吹来 |
[13:04] | Now you’re scaring me. | 现在你吓到我了 |
[13:06] | Okay, let’s switch them and turn them in | 好吧 在我改变主意之前 我们换吧 |
[13:08] | before I change my mind. | 然后把它们交上去 |
[13:08] | Okay, look… | 好了 看着 |
[13:10] | each of these buttons turns on a section of the brain. | 每一个按钮都会点亮大脑的一个区域 |
[13:13] | Be sure that you only turn on one section at a time. | 要确保一次只点亮一个区域 |
[13:15] | -Why? -Because it’ll overheat. | -为什么 -因为多了它会过热 |
[13:17] | And what happens if it overheats? | 它过热之后会发生什么 |
[13:19] | I don’t know, but it can’t be good. | 我不知道 但肯定没好事儿 |
[13:21] | Lizzie, do you really think that Mr. Pettus | 利齐 你真的觉得佩特斯先生 |
[13:23] | is going to buy that you built that? | 会相信这是你做的吗 |
[13:25] | Why wouldn’t he? I mean, my name’s on it. | 为什么不呢 我是说 我都名字都写在上面了 |
[13:31] | A “C”? | 一个C |
[13:32] | That chart is definitely a B-plus. I should know, | 这张图应该是B+的 我了解的 |
[13:34] | I get “Bs” in everything. | 我在任何事情上都得B |
[13:35] | You don’t get the “C”; I do. | 你没有得C 是我得了 |
[13:37] | It could have been me. | 本来应该是我 |
[13:38] | Miss McGuire, this is by far the best work | 麦奎尔小姐 这是这学期以来 |
[13:40] | you’ve done in class all semester. | 你做的最优秀的作业了 |
[13:42] | I’m impressed by how much you’ve applied yourself. | 我被你花在这东西上花费的投入精神所感染 |
[13:44] | This is what an A-plus looks like, people. | 这就是A+应该达到的水平 大家看 |
[13:50] | Suddenly it occurs to me | 我突然觉得 |
[13:52] | maybe I haven’t thought this | 我根本没有深入思考 |
[13:53] | whole switching-projects thing through. | 整个交换作业的事情 |
[13:55] | Are you considering a career in neurology? | 你是否考虑今后从事有关神经学的工作呢 |
[13:58] | Neurology? Neurology? | 神经学 神经学 |
[14:00] | How about cosmetology? | 是整容术吧 |
[14:01] | This brain is mine. | 这个大脑是我做的 |
[14:02] | Mine, mine, mine, mine, mine. | 我的 我的 我的 |
[14:04] | I built it– every lobe, every fissure. | 我制作的 每一沟 每一回 |
[14:07] | Me, yo, moi. | 我 我 我 |
[14:08] | While everyone else was at the water park | 当其他人都还在水上公园 |
[14:09] | trading Beanie babies | 买洋娃娃的时候 |
[14:10] | I was slaving away like Igor and I can prove it. | 我就已经像科学小怪蛋一样努力了 我可以证明 |
[14:13] | If you touch this button, the temporal lobe lights up. | 如果你按下这个按钮 颞叶处亮了 |
[14:16] | The temporal lobe controls your sense of hearing. | 颞叶控制你的听觉 |
[14:18] | I have great hearing. | 我听力很好 |
[14:19] | I know this because I’m the only one in this class | 我了解这一点 因为我是班上唯一一个 |
[14:21] | who hears your lectures. | 听你课的人 |
[14:22] | Now, hold on… | 现在 等一下 |
[14:23] | And this one turns on the occipital lobe. | 现在我点亮了枕叶 |
[14:25] | The occipital lobe controls your sense of sight. | 枕叶控制人的视觉 |
[14:27] | Because of this lobe, | 正因为有了枕叶 |
[14:28] | you saw someone else’s name on my project | 你看见了我的作业上写着别人的名字 |
[14:30] | and gave away my A-plus | 把本应给我的A+ |
[14:31] | to Madge the cosmetologist over there. | 给了一个坐在那儿的美容师麦琪 |
[14:34] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[14:35] | And this area is the frontal lobe. | 这个部分是额叶 |
[14:37] | The frontal lobe controls | 额叶控制人的 |
[14:38] | higher intellectual functions and reasoning. | 高等智能以及推理能力 |
[14:40] | For example, right now… | 比如说 现在 |
[14:42] | my frontal lobe is telling me | 我的额叶就告诉我 |
[14:43] | that I’m getting the shaft in this class– | 在这个班上我被苛刻地对待 |
[14:44] | that I’m not getting the grades I deserve. | 我不能得到我应得的公正分数 |
[14:46] | It’s telling me that that the Man | 这些都告诉我 你这个人 |
[14:47] | is trying to keep me down and that everyone is against me. | 就想让我不高兴 每个人都想和我作对 |
[14:50] | Your brain is heating up. | 你的脑子在升温 |
[14:52] | No… not your brain. Your brain model. | 不 不是你的脑子 是你的大脑模型 |
[14:55] | Oh, that’s just probably because | 噢 这可能是因为 |
[14:57] | I didn’t have a big enough capacitor | 我没有一个足够大的电容器 |
[14:59] | and all the lobes aren’t supposed to be on at the same time. | 每个叶片不能同时负载 |
[15:11] | Class dismissed. | 下课 |
[15:15] | Not you. | 你除外 |
[15:17] | Chop-chop, Miss McGuire. | 快点 麦奎尔小姐 |
[15:19] | We’ll talk about your plagiarism later. | 我们稍后会谈一谈你的剽窃问题 |
[15:21] | Plagiarism? | 剽窃 |
[15:22] | That’s what it’s called when you turn in | 你把别人的东西交上来 还声称是你的作品 |
[15:23] | someone else’s work and try to call it your own. | 这就是我所说的剽窃 |
[15:26] | But I didn’t… I didn’t do it. | 可是我没有 我没有那样做 |
[15:27] | I-I didn’t mean it. I was just trying to help a friend. | 我不是故意的 我只是在试图帮助一个朋友 |
[15:31] | Um.. is it too late to take the Fifth? | 现在去上第五节课是不是快要迟了 |
[15:41] | I can’t hear a thing. | 我什么也听不见 |
[15:43] | I can’t either. | 我也是 |
[15:44] | Hey, maybe we could hear through that. | 嘿 也许我们可以通过那东西听 |
[15:46] | -Give me a boost. -Okay. | -把我举起来 -好的 |
[15:50] | Look, Mr. Pettus, it was my fault | 听我说 佩特斯先生 让利齐・麦奎尔 |
[15:52] | that Lizzie McGuire handed in my project. | 交我的作业 这是我的错 |
[15:55] | I was just trying to prove that it’s impossible for me | 我只是想证明从你那儿得到一个公正的分数 |
[15:57] | to get a fair grade from you. | 对我来说是不可能的 |
[15:59] | Is that what you think? | 你真这么想 |
[16:00] | Did you just miss my one-man show? | 你刚又不是没看见 |
[16:02] | All right, Gorda, it’s clear… | 好吧 戈达 清楚的是 |
[16:04] | Gordo. Gorda’s the big girl from E.S.L. | 戈多 戈达是ESL课上的那个女生 |
[16:07] | Okay. I may misspell your name | 好吧 我可能念错了你的名字 |
[16:11] | but I know your first project this year was an A-minus– | 但我知道你今年的第一个作业得到了A- |
[16:14] | the rain forest terrarium. | 就是那个雨林系统模型 |
[16:16] | My first and only A-minus. | 我的第一个也是唯一一个A- |
[16:18] | Yes, because your second project wasn’t quite as good | 是的 因为你的第二次作业并不是特别好 |
[16:20] | and neither was the one after that. | 第三个也是 |
[16:22] | I’m sorry, I just didn’t see the point | 抱歉 我真是不明白为什么 |
[16:24] | in breaking my neck all year and not getting an “A.” | 我一年来使出浑身解数却得不到一个A |
[16:27] | You’re supposed to be breaking your neck. | 你就应该使出你的浑身解数 |
[16:29] | I’ve been giving you “Bs” to keep you from | 我一直在给你B 只是希望 |
[16:31] | just sitting back and coasting. | 你不要自满 走下坡路 |
[16:32] | I’ve not been coasting. | 我没走下坡路 |
[16:33] | I worked two weeks straight on that brain project. | 我花了两周时间做那个大脑模型 |
[16:36] | You see? My technique’s working. | 看见了吗 我的计策起效了 |
[16:38] | You’re not tall enough! | 你不够高啊 |
[16:40] | Maybe you’re not tall enough. | 也许是你不够高 |
[16:42] | Maybe I have your life in my hands. | 也许我手里攥着你的生命呢 |
[16:44] | Good point. Stretch! | 说得好 使劲儿 |
[16:46] | I don’t usually pull this sort of stunt | 我一般不会表演这种特技 |
[16:48] | but Gordo’s in trouble and it’s partly my fault | 但戈多闯下的祸也有我的错 |
[16:51] | and when I was younger, I did climb a pretty mean tree. | 而且我小时候也爬过一颗比较矮的树 |
[17:01] | So if I had put my name on the brain | 所以如果我在这个模型上署上我的名字 |
[17:03] | what grade would you have given me? | 你会给我一个什么成绩 |
[17:05] | Well, I’d have to take points off for the explosion. | 呃 我得考虑爆炸的问题酌情扣分 |
[17:08] | Understood. | 明白 |
[17:10] | But it’s still an A-plus. | 但这仍然是个A+ |
[17:11] | I know a student’s best work when I see it. | 一看见这东西 我就知道这是学生最棒的作品了 |
[17:14] | This is insane! | 有点疯狂 |
[17:16] | Make of it what you will. | 随你便了 |
[17:17] | Well, if you think bad grades motivate me | 好吧 如果你觉得坏成绩可以激励我 |
[17:19] | then why didn’t you just expel me? | 那你为什么不直接开除我呢 |
[17:20] | Maybe then I’d get my Ph.D. | 说不定我就能获得博士学位了 |
[17:22] | If you had a student with the potential to do anything | 如果你有一个有潜力做出任何事的学生 |
[17:25] | how would you keep him motivated? | 你会怎样激励他 |
[17:27] | “Potential to do anything”? | “有潜力做任何事” |
[17:28] | You may want to rethink that. | 你也许应该重新思考一下 |
[17:30] | According to the Career Aptitude Test | 根据那个职业能力测试 |
[17:32] | I’m just going to be a blackjack dealer. | 我应该成为一个赌场的发牌人 |
[17:33] | Listen, when I took that test | 听着 我做那个测试的时候 |
[17:35] | the result said I was most suited for a career | 结果说我适合从事 |
[17:37] | in animal husbandry entertainment. | 畜牧娱乐业的工作 |
[17:40] | What kind of career is that? | 那是什么职业 |
[17:41] | Do you know what an rodeo clown is? | 见过牛仔竞技小丑吗 |
[17:45] | Look, Mr. Gordon | 听我说 戈登先生 |
[17:47] | I’m not trying to limit you | 我并不想把你局限在 |
[17:48] | to dealing blackjack or getting “Bs.” | 做发牌人的路上 也不想用一堆B来限制你 |
[17:51] | I’m hoping your reach will always exceed your grasp, | 我希望你总能百尺竿头更进一步 |
[17:54] | thereby elevating you | 从而真正提升你的水平 |
[17:55] | and fulfilling your extraordinary potential… | 挖掘你超凡的潜力 |
[17:58] | even outside the gaming industry. | 当然包括你在博彩业之外的潜力 |
[18:03] | Let me get on your shoulders. | 让我站到你的肩膀上 |
[18:04] | Oh, good. After our last try the smart thing to do | 噢 好啊 一次尝试过后你明白更聪明的办法 |
[18:07] | is climb even higher. | 是爬得再高一点 |
[18:08] | Yes. Come on. Stretch. | 是啊 来吧 使劲儿 |
[18:17] | Got it. | 看到了 |
[18:19] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[18:22] | Hi, Gordo. | 嗨 戈多 |
[18:24] | What’s up? | 你好 |
[18:27] | So what happened? Are you getting an “F”? | 那么 发生了什么 你得了个F吗 |
[18:28] | I’m not sure, but Mr. Pettus doesn’t hate me | 不清楚 但是佩特斯先生并不讨厌我 |
[18:31] | and I can probably get an “A” by the end of the semester. | 也许期末我可以得到一个A |
[18:34] | My lobes hurt. I need to think about this. | 我真头疼 我得想想这事情 |
[18:38] | Oh, and by the way, | 哦 顺便说一下 |
[18:39] | we were wrong about the Career Aptitude Test. | 我们对职业能力测试的态度是错误的 |
[18:41] | It’s not a job-placement thing. | 那不是一个确定职业的东西 |
[18:43] | We’re just supposed to be trying a lot of different stuff on. | 我们应该尝试各种不同的事情 |
[18:49] | Trying what on? | 尝试什么 |
[18:50] | I think it’s like when you go to the mall | 我觉得 就好像你去了商场 |
[18:52] | to try on bare-midriff stuff that you know your mom | 试穿你明知你妈妈不可能让你试穿的 |
[18:54] | will never let you get but you have to try it on | 露肚脐装 但你仍然试穿了 |
[18:56] | to see how it looks, you know, to get it out of your system. | 只是想看看效果 然后把它脱掉 |
[18:59] | I have to say I’m relieved. | 我得说 我解脱了 |
[19:01] | I’m not going to rule out cosmetologist but it’s nice to know | 我不准备把美容师这个职业排除掉 但是 |
[19:04] | My options are still open. | 明白的选择空间仍是开放的 我很高兴 |
[19:06] | Plus, hair spray kind of makes me dizzy. | 而且 发胶会让我发晕 |
[19:09] | M-Dogg, honey… | M-道格 亲爱的 |
[19:10] | do you see your father wearing a baseball cap to the table? | 你见过你爸爸坐在餐桌前还戴着棒球帽吗 |
[19:14] | No. So, at the table, your do-rag, is a don’t-rag. | 没有吧 所以 在餐桌旁 你的头巾 摘掉 |
[19:18] | Please take it off until after dinner. Thank you. | 你吃完晚饭之后把它摘掉 谢谢 |
[19:21] | M-Dogg, cheese me, please. | M-道格 请把奶酪递过来 |
[19:26] | Could you pass the garlic bread, please, Dad? | 能不能把大蒜面包递给我 爸爸 |
[19:30] | I mean… pass the bread, please, D.D. | 我是说 请把面包递给我 迪迪 |
[19:34] | Oh. Sure, M-Dogg. Yo, bread. | 噢 当然 M-道格 呦 面包 |
[19:39] | Lizzie, marinara? | 利齐 大蒜番茄酱 |
[19:41] | Hey, guys… | 嘿 大家注意 |
[19:44] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[19:44] | Stop! | 停下 |
[19:46] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[19:49] | If I take back my old name | 如果我换回我原来的名字 |
[19:52] | can I call you Mom and Dad again? | 我能不能继续叫你们妈妈爸爸呢 |
[19:56] | Absolutely. | 当然了 |
[19:57] | Yes. | 可以 |
[19:58] | Then I guess you can call me Matt. | 那么 我想你们可以叫我马特 |
[20:07] | I give Mom and Dad props for that one. | 在这件事上我支持妈妈爸爸 |
[20:09] | They convinced Matt to take back his name | 他们说服马特把名字改回去 |
[20:11] | without humiliating him, | 而且没有使他丢脸 |
[20:12] | and the whole time they respected | 在整个过程中 他们尊重马特 |
[20:14] | his boundaries as an individual. | 给他留了自我空间 |
[20:15] | As my mother likes to say, | 就像我妈妈说的 |
[20:17] | Matt was blissfully clueless which is kind of what | 马特真是幸福地傻着 |
[20:19] | Mr. Pettus was doing to Gordo which makes me wonder | 就好像被佩特斯先生蒙在鼓里的戈多一样 |
[20:23] | what kind of Jedi mind tricks are my parents | 这让我怀疑 我的父母和老师正在对我 |
[20:25] | and teachers working on me? | 采用哪些策略呢 |
[20:27] | Oh, well, I pretty much trust them. | 噢 好吧 我非常信任他们 |
[20:29] | Maybe I’m better off not knowing. | 也许我最好不要搞清楚 |
[20:30] | Made for Sis | 制作: WaitinZ |
[20:36] | Hold your head up a little bit. Good. Here we go. | 头抬起来一点 好的 |
[20:41] | Um, um, um, Brad, Brad, Brad. | 呃 呃 呃 布拉德 布拉德 布拉德 |
[20:44] | Go have fun. Sit in it. | 好好玩吧 坐进去 |
[20:47] | I’ll bet that was fun. You all right? | 我敢说那一定很好玩 你还好吗 |
[20:49] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[20:49] | I’d rather be a horse. | 我宁愿成为一匹马 |
[20:52] | Mr. Pettus just hates me… | 佩特斯先生就是讨厌我 |
[20:55] | I had to sneeze. | 我不得不打喷嚏 |
[20:57] | Okay, cut. | 好吧 停 |
[20:58] | From now on, instead of Dad | 从现在开始 不许再叫我爸爸了 |
[21:00] | you’re going to refew to me as Doo-Doo. | 你得叫我 “嘟嘟” |