英文名称:Seabiscuit
年代:2003
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:26] | They called it the car for Everyman. | 人们称之为每个男人的车 |
[01:30] | Henry Ford himseIf called it a car for the “great multitude.” | 亨利福特则称之为“大众车” |
[01:36] | It was functional and simple, like your sewing machine or your cast-iron stove. | 它功能齐备构造简单 就跟缝纫机一样 |
[01:43] | You could learn to drive it in less than a day, | 一天内就能学会怎么驾驶它 |
[01:47] | and you could get any color you wanted, | 你也可以买到你想要的颜色 |
[01:49] | so long as it was black. | 但目前只有黑色 |
[01:54] | When Ford first conceived the Model T, it took 13 hours to assemble. | 福特首度作出T型车时 组装时间就要花13小时 |
[02:01] | Within five years, he was turning out a vehicle every 90 seconds. | 在五年内 他每90秒就能生产出一辆车 |
[02:08] | Of course, the real invention wasn’t the car, it was the assembly line that buiIt it. | 当然,最大的发明不是汽车 而是建立起来的组装线 |
[02:15] | Pretty soon, other businesses had borrowed the same techniques. | 很快地 其他行业也借用了相同的技术 |
[02:20] | Seamstresses became button sewers. | 女裁缝成了缝钮扣的 |
[02:23] | Furniture makers became knob turners. | 家俱师父成了做把手的 |
[02:27] | It was the beginning and the end of imagination | 那是人们想像力的开始与结束 |
[02:31] | all at the same time. | 全在同一个年代 |
[02:35] | “纽约市” “1910年” | |
[02:45] | Howard. | 老霍? |
[02:50] | Charles, I’m talking to you. | 查尔斯,我在叫你 |
[02:52] | They need spokes, same as the others. | 这些要换轮辐,跟其他一样 |
[02:54] | I know. They ought to make a better spoke. | 他们应该要提升品质 |
[02:57] | Yeah? Then what would you do? | 是喔,那你要靠什么生活? |
[04:25] | It was a land of opportunity. | 这块土地充满机会 |
[04:29] | The country was shrinking, | 但人越来越多 |
[04:32] | and there was life to be made out west for any man with drive and ambition. | 对于有冲劲和野心的人而言 在西部还有机会 |
[04:37] | “旧金山” | |
[04:38] | If your dream was big enough | 只要你心怀梦想 |
[04:40] | and you had the guts to follow it, | 也有胆量去追求它 |
[04:42] | there was truly a fortune to be made. | 财富便垂手可得 |
[04:49] | “霍氏自行车” | |
[04:55] | Good day, sir. | 先生,您好, |
[05:44] | Damn thing blew on me. | 这玩意挂了 |
[05:46] | What? | 什么? |
[05:48] | It’s a Stanley Steamer. The boiler blew. | 这是史坦利的车,锅炉坏了 |
[05:51] | Oh? Can you fix it? | 你会修吗? |
[05:59] | Sure. Sure, | 当然 |
[06:01] | I can fix it. | 我当然会修 |
[06:37] | This is an amazing machine. | 这玩意真厉害 |
[06:40] | It’s got a two-stroke boiler system | 它是二行程的系统 |
[06:42] | that’s heated by this huge fire grade. | 由这个大炉床加热 |
[06:45] | I mean, it’s… Well, it’s basically a very small locomotive. | 这根本是个小型的火车头 |
[06:50] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:51] | Now, I made some improvements. | 我做了些改良 |
[06:53] | It wasn’t your boiler that was blowing, it was your bleed valve. | 坏掉的是抽气阀门 |
[06:55] | So, with the increased pressure,l can see you getting up to 40 miles an hour. | 增压后,时速可达60公里 |
[06:59] | Really? Oh, yeah. | 真的? |
[07:00] | And if you superheat the excess, | 没错,要是再加热 |
[07:02] | I can see you reaching Fifty, maybe sixty miles an hour. | 可以飙到时速8、90公里 |
[07:06] | Is that right? | 是吗? |
[07:07] | Easily. | 轻而易举 |
[07:08] | And the thing of it is, Mr. Coughlin, you don’t feed it, | 重点是,你不用喂它吃 |
[07:11] | you don’t stable it, | 也不用准备马厩 |
[07:12] | and unless you hit a lamppost,the thing’s not gonna get sick and die on you. | 除非撞坏,它绝对保用终身 |
[07:17] | That’s funny. To tell you the truth, | 我得说实话 |
[07:20] | I wouldn’t spend more than $5 on the best horse in America. | 我可不愿意花钱买匹马 |
[08:07] | This is not the finish line, my friends. | 朋友们,这还不是终点 |
[08:10] | This is the start of the race.The future is the finish line! | 这是开端,未来才是终点 |
[08:13] | And the new Buick White Streak is just the car to take us there! | 全新别克疾风将带领我们到达 |
[08:17] | Yeah. Four in-line cylinders, 42 and a haIf horsepower.Wonderful. | 四个同轴汽缸,42匹马力 |
[08:22] | And this is the very same car that you can buy at any one of our five showrooms all across the Bay Area. | 你可以在湾区五个展示中心 买到这辆车 |
[08:27] | “The age of the automobile is here,” boasted Howard. | 霍华夸言“汽车时代已来临” |
[08:30] | “The future has arrived.” | “未来已降临” |
[08:37] | Oh, my. Read the part about the future again. | 再念一次未来那句 |
[08:40] | I’m kind of dealing with it right now. | 我正在跟它奋斗 |
[08:42] | Oh, sorry. Here. I’ll take him. | 抱歉,我来抱他 |
[08:44] | Come here, big guy. | 过来,大帅哥 |
[08:45] | Come here. Come here. | 过来… |
[08:46] | Are you the future, huh? | 你就是未来啊 |
[08:49] | Are you the future? | 你就是未来吗? |
[08:52] | Are you gonna…Are you going to the moon? | 你要登陆月球吗? |
[08:58] | The moon! | 月球 |
[09:01] | I’ll take it. | 我买了 |
[09:03] | Do we really need all this? | 我们真的需要这里吗? |
[09:07] | Well, no. We don’t need it… | 我们不需要… |
[09:08] | There’s also a caretaker’s house, | 这里还有管家的小屋 |
[09:09] | a paddock, a barn, some very nice stables. | 小牧场、谷仓和不错的马厩 |
[09:13] | How big are the stables? | 马厩有多大? |
[09:38] | “西部牛仔秀” | |
[09:49] | Got it. | 收到 |
[09:52] | Settle down. Settle down. | 安静、安静点 |
[09:55] | Quit. Quit. Whoa. Whoa. | 停… |
[10:31] | Come on, Dad. | 来吧,老爹 |
[10:36] | Whoa. | 好了 |
[10:48] | There you go. | 你做的对 |
[10:53] | “加拿大亚伯达省” | |
[11:00] | You’re not getting him a horse. | 别买马给他 |
[11:02] | Why not? He’s great at it. | 为什么?他骑得很好啊 |
[11:05] | Because he’s 16 years old. | 因为他才16岁 |
[11:07] | So? | 所以呢? |
[11:09] | So, he should earn it. | 所以他该自己赚 |
[11:14] | All right. | 好了 |
[11:15] | Tennyson! Emerson! | 坦尼森!爱默生! |
[11:18] | Longfellow! Everybody knows Tennyson. | 爱默生 大家都会啦 |
[11:19] | All right. Quiet. | 好了,安静 |
[11:21] | Nobody knows Longfellow. Yes, they do. | 没人知道,朗费罗才知道咧 |
[11:24] | Dickinson. | 狄更生 |
[11:28] | “We never know how high we are…” | 我们不知自己有多高 |
[11:33] | Oh, I know that. Yeah. I know. I know it. | 那个我知道 |
[11:37] | Well? | 说吧 |
[11:40] | “We never know how high we are | 我们不知自己有多高 |
[11:43] | Till we are called to rise” | 直到有人叫我们起身 |
[11:45] | Good. | 好 |
[11:46] | Very good, John. | 很好 |
[11:47] | “And then, if we are true to plan | 要是我们认真计划 |
[11:49] | Our statures touch the skies” | 我们将会矗立通天 |
[11:51] | Excellent. Yes! That’s really good. | 好极了 |
[12:02] | “The heroism…” Right. | 英雄气概… |
[12:04] | Right. “The heroism…” | 对,英雄气概 |
[12:08] | “The heroism we recite | 我们所吟诵的英雄气概 |
[12:11] | “Would be a daily thing” | 将会成为家常便饭 |
[12:15] | That’s it. | 就是这样 |
[12:16] | “Did not ourselves the cubits warp | 决不可裹足不前 |
[12:20] | “For fear to be a king” | 害怕功成名就 |
[12:29] | You should be riding it. You knew the poem. | 应该是你骑马,你记得诗句 |
[12:33] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[12:35] | But he looks so perfect out there, doesn’t he? | 但他真适合骑马,不是吗? |
[12:38] | Yeah. He does. | 是啊,没错 |
[12:42] | That’s the poetry right there, Agnes. | 那才真像一首诗,老伴 |
[12:45] | That’s the poetry. | 那才是一首诗 |
[12:49] | Thank you. Thank you for coming. | 感谢你们大驾光临 |
[12:51] | I came here 15 years ago | 我15年前来到此地 |
[12:53] | with 21 cents in my pocket. | 口袋里只有几块钱 |
[12:55] | I know a lot of us at the table have a story like that. | 在座有很多人都有相同经历 |
[12:59] | And, you know, I can’t help thinking | 而我忍不住要想 |
[13:01] | that if we can start out there | 要是我们能白手起家 |
[13:03] | and end up here, | 最后却功成名就 |
[13:05] | where can’t we go in America? | 那美国就遍地都是机会 |
[13:08] | So, as corny as it sounds, | 这也许有点老套 |
[13:10] | I’d like to propose a toast to the future. | 我想举杯敬未来 |
[13:14] | Because out here, my friends, | 因为在这块土地之外 |
[13:15] | the sky is literally the limit. | 天空才是真正的界限 |
[13:18] | To the future! To the future! To the future! | 敬未来… |
[13:41] | “大崩盘!股市狂泻” | |
[13:46] | There were no suicides on Wall Street that day. | 那天华尔街并没有人自杀 |
[13:50] | It was a myth that would grow over time. | 股市会回春只是一个谣传 |
[13:56] | The real effect of October 29th took | 黑色星期二真正的影响 |
[13:59] | a little longer to sink in. | 花了更多时间显现 |
[14:02] | (一百元卖车) | |
[14:04] | By noon, all the gains of the previous year had been obliterated. | 当天中午 前一年的获利就已赔光 |
[14:10] | By 4:00 p.m., | 到下午4点 |
[14:12] | nearly $10 billion of market value was gone. | 股市跌掉了近百亿市值 |
[14:18] | Over the next two weeks, the hemorrhage continued. | 接下来两周仍持续下跌 |
[14:24] | And before long, | 过不了多久 |
[14:25] | 25% of the workforce was unemployed. | 25%的工作人口就面临失业 |
[14:35] | A great national migration began. | 全国性的大迁徙开始展开 |
[14:40] | Displaced families took to the American highway | 移居的家庭取道高速公路 |
[14:42] | in the last possession that remained to them, | 坐上他们仅存的财产… |
[14:46] | their automobile. | 他们的汽车 |
[14:51] | And all at once, | 突然间 |
[14:52] | millions of Americans | 数百万的美国人 |
[14:55] | had a new definition of home. | 对“家”有了全新的定义 |
[15:16] | “奇迹” | |
[15:24] | I made $2 today. | 我今天赚了两块钱 |
[15:28] | What? | 什么? |
[15:30] | I made $2. | 我赚了两块钱 |
[15:32] | Here. | 拿去 |
[15:38] | Where did you get these? | 你从哪弄来的? |
[15:45] | Yeah, your boy combed them out, changed all the tack. | 他帮它们梳理、换马具 |
[15:47] | I didn’t have to tell him a thing. | 根本用不着我教 |
[15:53] | Hey, Red. Attaboy! | 小瑞 |
[15:55] | Where’d a young fellow like you learn so much about horses? | 你从哪学会 这么多马的知识的? |
[15:58] | His name’s Johnny. | 他的名字叫强尼 |
[16:02] | You can call me Red. | 叫我小瑞就好了 |
[16:44] | 你有没有看到… | |
[16:53] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了? |
[16:56] | What’s wrong? | 怎么回事? |
[16:58] | 你… | |
[17:03] | What’s that? | 那是什么? |
[17:05] | Everything. | 全部 |
[17:08] | Dickens, Wordsworth. | 狄更斯、华兹华斯… |
[17:10] | There’s your Arabian Nights and Moby Dick, | “天方夜谭” “白鲸记” |
[17:13] | even your Milne, from when you were… | 还有你的米尔恩 |
[17:15] | Why? What’s wrong? | 为什么?怎么回事? |
[17:18] | Mr. Blodget here, he has a house… Dad. | 布先生有栋房子,真正的房子 |
[17:22] | …a real house. Dad, what’s wrong? | 怎么了? |
[17:23] | And his wife cooks. | 他老婆会煮菜 |
[17:24] | She is a good cook. | 她是个好厨子 |
[17:26] | No. No. Dad. There’s even a phone next door. | 隔壁有电话,我们会打给你 |
[17:28] | We’ll call you. Every couple of weeks, we’ll call you,and we’ll tell you where we are. | 我们会通知你我们落脚何处 |
[17:31] | No. We’re just gonna go home, all right? | 不,我们回家吧 |
[17:33] | Let’s go. Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[17:35] | You have a gift. You have a gift. | 你有天赋… |
[17:39] | Don’t… Don’t do this. | 不,不要这样做 |
[17:40] | Dad, don’t do this. We’ll be back. | 别这样 我们会回来的 |
[17:58] | Go on. Go with Mr. Blodget. No. He’s gonna take care of you, sweetie. | 别这样 跟着布先生,他会照顾你 |
[18:03] | Mom, don’t… Don’t do this. It’s okay. Go with him. | 跟着他 |
[18:12] | “六年后” | |
[18:29] | I don’t know. You still look pretty tall to be a jockey. | 你当骑师似乎太高了 |
[18:33] | I’ve never been over 115. | 我从不会超过52公斤 |
[18:36] | Where’d you learn to ride like that? | 你在哪学到一手好骑术的? |
[18:38] | Home. | 家乡 |
[18:42] | All right. Here’s the way it works. | 好,条件是这样 |
[18:44] | I pay you $10 a week to ride. | 我每周付你10元骑马 |
[18:46] | You owe $9 for your meals,$6 to sleep in the stalls, | 你欠我餐费9元,住马厩6元 |
[18:49] | $3 tack fee. That’s the deal. | 马具费3元 |
[18:52] | How do I pay all that back? | 那我要怎么还钱? |
[18:55] | You win. | 你要赢 |
[19:02] | You son of a bitch! | 你这狗娘养的 |
[19:04] | Get off of me! | 放开我 |
[19:31] | Get off! | 放开我 |
[19:50] | Get off of me! | 放开我 |
[19:52] | Get off of me! | 放开我 |
[20:01] | Get off of me! | 放开我 |
[20:11] | A nose? | 一鼻之差? |
[20:12] | You lose a race a nose, you’d better fall off trying! | 一鼻之差落败 你干脆落马算了 |
[20:15] | Here! | 拿去 |
[20:17] | Muck these stalIs down, every damn one of them! | 打扫马房,每一间都要扫 |
[20:20] | A nose! For Christ’s sake! | 一鼻之差,妈的 |
[20:30] | No. No, Bill. I’m not gonna do it. No more layoffs. | 不,比尔,不裁人了 |
[20:35] | Well, it can’t get any worse. | 不会再更糟了 |
[20:37] | Look, if it stays like this, we’ll just… | 情况若继续下去… |
[20:41] | Bill, we’ll be fine, really. We will. | 我们不会有事,真的 |
[20:45] | All right. I’ll see you in town. | 好,城里见了 |
[20:56] | Frankie, come on. | 法兰基 |
[20:58] | It’s a glorious day outside. | 外面风和日丽的 |
[21:01] | Why don’t… Why don’t you go fishing or something? | 去钓个鱼什么的吧 |
[21:03] | I’m reading. | 我在看书 |
[21:04] | You can read when it’s raining. | 你可以下雨天再看啊 |
[21:07] | Come on. I’ll teach you to drive the truck. | 我教你怎么开卡车吧 |
[21:09] | You already taught me to drive the truck. | 你教过我了 |
[21:13] | Well, what are you reading? | 你在看什么? |
[21:15] | Flash Gordon. | 闪电侠 |
[21:18] | Come on, Dad. It’s about the future! | 拜托,爸,它描述未来呢 |
[21:29] | We’ll be in San Francisco till Wednesday. | 我们会在旧金山待到周三 |
[21:31] | 要找我就打给比尔 | |
[21:33] | 记得每天让法兰基吃早餐 | |
[21:38] | 我一向记得的 | |
[22:53] | What? | 什么? |
[23:09] | No! | 不 |
[24:15] | “餐点布施” | |
[25:07] | Come inside. | 进来吧 |
[25:09] | I’m not done. | 我还没弄好 |
[25:12] | Sam can do that. | 可以让山姆来弄 |
[25:15] | I don’t want Sam to do it. I want to do it. | 我不要山姆弄,我要自己来 |
[25:20] | Annie. Don’t… Don’t… No! | 老婆… |
[25:31] | Ma’am. | 夫人 |
[25:49] | “闪电侠” | |
[26:23] | Come on, Red! Come on! | 加油,红色 |
[26:27] | Come on, kid. | 加油,小子! |
[27:19] | At a time when the world really needed a drink, | 就在全世界都需要喝上一杯时 |
[27:22] | you couldn’t get one in the United States of America. | 在美国却没得喝 “墨西哥提哇纳,1933年” |
[27:26] | Liquor was illegal. | 这里有禁酒令 |
[27:28] | Diversions were scarce,and there’s just so much a human being can do without. | 消遣少得可怜 事情却多得令人承受不起 |
[27:35] | Soon, the border town was born, | 边界城市很快就因应而生 |
[27:38] | providing everything to the south | 在南方提供一切… |
[27:40] | that their neighbor to the north would not. | 北方无法提供的东西 |
[27:44] | You could find anything: food, | 在这能找到一切,食物… |
[27:47] | companionship, | 女人 |
[27:49] | decent gin, | 好酒 |
[27:51] | and with gambling outlawed as well, | 还有同样被禁的赌博 |
[27:55] | the chance to turn bad luck into good. | 一个转运的机会 |
[28:03] | Relax! You got it! You got it! You got it! | 冲啊 |
[28:04] | 冲… | |
[28:09] | Damn it. | 笨骑师 |
[28:10] | That jockey was riding like he’s got an anvil in his pocket. | 他的样子活像在骑大象 |
[28:13] | I no bet with you no more. | 我不会再在你身上下注了 |
[28:15] | I no like it. | 我不喜欢 |
[28:23] | Who’s that? | 那是谁啊? |
[28:24] | George Woolf. Greatest jockey in the world. | 乔治沃夫,世上最伟大的骑师 |
[28:40] | That’s Charles Howard? | 那是查尔斯霍华吗? |
[28:42] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[28:43] | I thought he came down here for a… | 我以为他是来这… |
[28:45] | Quickie divorce? | 闪电离婚啊,怎么? |
[28:49] | Look at him. | 看看他 |
[28:52] | Nothing quick about that. | 看来伤痕可没法闪电复原 |
[29:16] | It was in the palace of the great Sultan. | 那是在苏丹的皇宫里 |
[29:19] | Sultan of where? | 哪里的苏丹? |
[29:21] | The Sultan of Araby. | 阿拉伯的苏丹 |
[29:24] | I’d been living there for almost a year, | 我在那里住了近一年 |
[29:26] | racing his Arabians across the desert by day | 白天骑他的阿拉伯马比赛 |
[29:30] | and finishing my personal history of the region by night. | 晚上则成就我个人的历史 |
[29:33] | Then one day, | 后来 |
[29:34] | the Sultan summons me into his throne room. | 有一天苏丹召唤我到觐见厅 |
[29:38] | He looks at me and says, | 他看着我,说道… |
[29:41] | “John Pollard…” “John Pollard,”you are my greatest jockey. | 约翰波拉 你是我最顶尖的骑师 |
[29:45] | It is you I have chosen “to ride my 100-mile race | 就是你,我选你 去参加一百哩比赛 |
[29:49] | from Kusma to Tripoli.” | 从库斯玛到的黎波里 |
[29:53] | 200-mile. | 是两百哩 |
[29:55] | All right. 200-mile. Excuse me, sahib. | 两百哩,抱歉,阁下 |
[30:01] | You didn’t need to wreck it, Georgie. | 你没必要吐槽啊 |
[30:03] | When you started telling that story, it was only 50 miles. | 你第一次说的时候,只有50哩 |
[30:06] | Yeah, well, everything gets longer in the retelling. | 故事重说时什么都会变长的 |
[30:09] | Just ask your friend Wanda over there. | 问你老相好就知道 |
[30:12] | You know, if you start riding a little more and talking a little less, you might start winning some races. | 你少说话,多用点心骑马 也许会开始赢 |
[30:16] | Well, I got two bucks says I beat you in this one. | 我赌2元,这次你会输我 |
[30:18] | I’m not sure if you do,but I got five says I beat you. | 你大概不够钱,我赌5元赢你 |
[30:21] | Done. | 赌了 |
[30:27] | Give me odds. You’re the favorite. Even money. | 彩金给我,赌你赢的人最多 |
[30:29] | Nah! | 平分 |
[30:30] | Forget it! 2-to-1 ! | 少来,二比一 |
[30:33] | All right. You got it. | 没问题 |
[30:34] | Hey, Johnny. You’re on a speed horse. What are you doing back here with me? | 你骑快马,干么跟我窝在后面 |
[30:38] | I like the conversation, and it’s not a speed horse. Don’t try to hook me. | 我喜欢聊天,它也不是快马 |
[30:41] | You going tonight? | 你今晚去吗? |
[30:42] | Nah. You? | 不,你呢? |
[30:43] | Nah. | 不 |
[30:45] | What time? | 几点? |
[30:46] | I don’t know. 8:00? Okey-doke. | 不知,八点? |
[30:48] | Oops, there’s my hole! Gotta go! | 好,我的机会来了,先走了 |
[30:58] | God damn it! | 该死 |
[31:14] | We got him! All right. | 我们抓住它了… |
[31:16] | I’ll take him. | 我要它 |
[31:17] | Get the hell out of here. | 给我滚开 |
[31:20] | I said, I’ll take him. | 我说我要它 |
[31:22] | He’s got a fractured foot. | 它的脚骨折了 |
[31:24] | If you’re gonna shoot him anyway, I’ll save you the bullet. | 反正你要杀它,我帮你省子弹 |
[31:31] | 好,放开它,让他带走它 | |
[31:50] | Now, bud. | 你好啊 |
[31:57] | Hey, boy. | 小子 |
[32:43] | Okey-doke, Johnny. | 好,我的机会来了,要冲了 |
[33:01] | “There once was a princess from Siam | 有位公主来自暹逻 |
[33:05] | “Who was sitting here sort of like I am | 她坐在这模样就像我 |
[33:09] | “l wined her and dined her | 我喂饱她、灌醉她 |
[33:13] | “And then I reclined her…” | 抱她上床… |
[33:18] | Shit. | 妈的 |
[33:21] | What rhymes with Siam? | 跟暹逻押韵的字是什么? |
[33:23] | That’s great. You make that up? | 真棒,那是你编的? |
[33:26] | Pretty obvious, huh? | 很明显,对吧? |
[33:30] | That’s beautiful. | 好美 |
[33:31] | No. You’re beautiful. | 不,你才美 |
[33:35] | Don’t say that. You pay me. | 别那么说,你付钱给我啊 |
[33:42] | So, | 那么… |
[33:44] | you wanna, you know, | 你要不要… |
[33:47] | get going? | …办事? |
[33:51] | Sure. Why not? | 当然,有何不可? |
[34:10] | How do you miss a hole like that? | 你怎么会错失机会? |
[34:12] | There’s my hole! Gotta fly! | 机会来了,要冲了 |
[34:16] | Are you blind? | 你看不见吗? |
[34:25] | Angel, are you okay? | 你没事吧? |
[35:02] | You don’t wanna watch? | 你不想看? |
[35:07] | No. Not really. | 对,是不想看 |
[35:10] | I don’t either. | 我也是 |
[35:21] | So, what? They brought you down here to make you feel better, is that it? | 他们带你来这散心? |
[35:27] | Yes. Sort of. | 对,算吧 |
[35:30] | Those guys, they think everything is fixed with a party. | 男人,总以为狂欢能搞定一切 |
[35:36] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[35:38] | Who are you? | 你是谁? |
[35:42] | Marcela Zabala. | 玛赛拉萨贝拉 |
[35:46] | My sister, lsabella, she’s married… | 我姐伊莎贝尔嫁给你的… |
[35:49] | No. No, no. I know. | 我知道了… |
[35:52] | Nice to meet you. Charles. | 幸会,我是查尔斯 |
[35:53] | 幸会 | |
[36:08] | So, do you feel better? | 你感觉好点了吗? |
[36:16] | No. | 没有 |
[36:19] | No, not really. | 完全没有 |
[36:22] | No. | 不 |
[36:25] | How could you? Something like that. | 当然��,发生那样的事 |
[37:02] | Come on, buddy. Wake up. | 快点,兄弟,醒醒 |
[37:06] | Come on. | 快点 |
[37:19] | Did I lose? | 我输了? |
[37:20] | Oh, no. You clobbered him. | 没,你海扁了他一顿 |
[37:26] | Easy. | 小心 |
[37:27] | Easy, easy. Nice and slow. | 小心,慢慢来 |
[37:30] | I’m fine. I’m fine. | 我很好… |
[37:31] | Come on. Let me buy you some turtle soup. I’m fine, George. | 我请你喝点热汤吧 我很好 |
[37:33] | Go win yourseIf a race or something. | 你去赢你的比赛吧 |
[37:34] | Look, let’s go down to Sloan’s, and we’ll just… | 我们去老史的餐厅 |
[37:37] | I’m fine, George. | 我没事,乔治 |
[37:39] | I don’t need your help, and I sure as shit don’t need your charity. | 我不需要你帮忙或怜悯 |
[37:44] | Leave me alone, all right? | 别烦我,好吗? |
[37:54] | It’s been 20 years since I’ve been on a horse. | 20年没骑马了 |
[37:56] | Don’t worry. It’s the kind of thing that comes right back. | 别担心,你马上就会上手的 |
[38:20] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[38:31] | Come on! | 冲啊 |
[39:14] | What? She got you back up on a horse, and now you wanna buy them? | 她让你骑马,你就想买马? |
[39:17] | Yeah. Maybe. Maybe a couple. | 也许买几匹吧 |
[39:20] | Well, you wanna win or just own them? | 你想赢比赛,还是只想养? |
[39:23] | I wanna win. | 赢 |
[39:24] | What sort of question is that? | 那算是什么问题? |
[39:25] | Well, you’re gonna need a trainer before you buy horses. | 你在买马前得先找个训练师 |
[39:28] | No. You need two. So you can fire one. | 不,找两个,好让你开除一个 |
[39:36] | Randy Thatcher’s barn. Trains about 50 or 60 ponies. | 兰迪的马厩 训练5、60匹小马 |
[39:39] | Good fellow, too. | 好人,真正的马儿通 |
[39:41] | Real horse person. A real horse-shitter. | 真正的马屁精,抱歉 |
[39:45] | You don’t know. | 他不懂 |
[39:46] | I don’t know, maybe you want a smaller barn,somebody who can take the time to | 你也许要个小一点的马厩… |
[39:49] | Who’s that? | 那是谁? |
[39:53] | He’s a crackpot. Lives alone in the bushes. | 他是个怪人,住在树丛里 |
[39:58] | What’s he do? | 他是做什么的? |
[40:00] | I don’t know. He used to be a trainer, farrier. | 他本来是训练师、蹄铁匠 |
[40:03] | Now he just looks after that horse. | 现在他只看顾那匹马 |
[40:07] | Come on. Let’s look at another barn. | 我们去看另一间马厩吧 |
[40:27] | Howdy. | 你好 |
[40:29] | Hello. | 你好 |
[40:36] | You hungry? | 你饿吗? |
[40:37] | No. No, thanks.I’m fine. | 不,谢了,我不饿 |
[40:41] | Charles Howard. | 查尔斯霍华 |
[40:43] | Tom Smith. | 汤姆史密斯 |
[40:44] | Nice to meet you, Tom. | 幸会 |
[40:50] | What’s… What’s in his bandage? | 它绷带里绑了什么? |
[40:55] | Oh, that’s hawthorn root. | 山楂根 |
[40:57] | It increases circulation. | 那有助于血液循环 |
[40:59] | You wanna sit down? | 要不要坐? |
[41:03] | All right. Thank you. | 好,谢谢 |
[41:12] | Will he get better? | 它会好吗? |
[41:14] | Already is, a little. | 已经好一点了 |
[41:17] | Will he race? | 它能比赛吗? |
[41:21] | No. | 不行 |
[41:23] | Not that one. | 那匹不行 |
[41:27] | So why are you fixing him? | 那你干嘛医好它? |
[41:30] | ‘Cause I can. | 因为我做得到 |
[41:35] | Every horse is good for something. | 天生我材必有用 |
[41:39] | He could be a cart horse or a lead pony. | 它可以去拉货车或去领路 |
[41:43] | And he’s still nice to look at. | 它长得也挺好看的 |
[41:47] | You don’t… | 你不能… |
[41:50] | You don’t throw a whole life away | 因为它受了点伤 |
[41:51] | just ’cause he’s banged up a little. | 就抹杀它的价值 |
[42:07] | Is that coffee? | 那是咖啡吗? |
[42:10] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[42:17] | It’s bad, though. | 不过很难喝 |
[42:21] | You always tell the truth? | 你总是说实话吗? |
[42:23] | Yeah, I try to. | 我尽量 |
[42:32] | “纽约赛拉托加,3个月后” | |
[42:42] | It ain’t just the speed. | 重要的不是速度 |
[42:45] | It’s the heart. | 而是心 |
[42:46] | And you want something that’s not afraid to compete. | 你要一匹不怕竞争的马 |
[42:50] | HaIf these horses are just show ponies. | 这些马有一半都只是好看而已 |
[42:54] | You want something that’s not gonna run from a fight. | 你要一匹面对争斗 无所畏惧的马 |
[42:58] | How do you find that? | 你要怎么找到它呢? |
[43:02] | Look, I won the Robles Handicap. | 我赢过罗氏大赛 |
[43:04] | I was second in the Tijuana Derby. | 在提哇纳赢过第二名 |
[43:06] | I won the Manzanita Oaks. You know, that used to be a stakes race. | 我赢过曼氏甭,那是有奖金的 |
[43:09] | I know. | 我知道 |
[43:10] | I would’ve won, T.J.,but the piece of shit lugged out on me. | 提哇纳我本来也能赢 但那马太烂 |
[43:12] | Sounds great. We’ll let you know. | 很好,我会通知你 |
[43:14] | 听我说 | |
[43:16] | Look. I can work them out in the morning. | 我可以一早来带它们去运动 |
[43:21] | Or even hot-walk them if you need me to. | 你若需要,我也能带它们暖身 |
[43:24] | Really? You’ll hot-walk them? | 真的?你愿意? |
[43:27] | This is something else. | 这真好啊 |
[43:31] | A dream come true, walking you around. | 梦想成真,陪你散步 |
[43:33] | Hook you up to a plow, | 帮你挂上犁 |
[43:35] | pull me around for a little while. Come on. | 让你带我四处走 |
[43:39] | You ever run in the money? | 你有为钱跑过吗? |
[43:44] | Hey. Hey. You ever run in the money? | 你有为钱跑过吗? |
[43:45] | I don’t think so. | 我想没有 |
[43:47] | Couldn’t beat a human being, let alone another horse. | 你连人都赢不了,更别说马了 |
[43:51] | You goddamn sack-of-crap old plater. | 你这匹烂马 |
[43:54] | Probably the fastest you’re gonna run in your entire life, you piece-of-shit old glue-pot. | 你最快大概就这样了吧,老头 |
[43:58] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[44:20] | The first time he saw Seabiscuit, | 他第一次看到“海饼干”时 |
[44:22] | the coIt was walking through the fog at 5:00 in the morning. | 那匹小马清晨五点步出晨雾 |
[44:26] | Smith would say later that the horse looked right through him, | 史密斯之后说那马看着他… |
[44:31] | as if to say, “What the hell are you looking at? | 好像在说,你看什么? |
[44:34] | “Who do you think you are?” | 你以为你是谁? |
[44:39] | He was a small horse, barely 15 hands. | 它个头很小,才一米五 |
[44:43] | He was hurting, too. | 它也受了伤 |
[44:45] | There was a limp in his walk, | 走路时一跛一跛的 |
[44:47] | a wheezing when he breathed. | 呼吸时会喘 |
[44:50] | Smith didn’t pay attention to that. | 史密斯没注意那些 |
[44:54] | He was looking the horse in the eye. | 他盯着它的眼睛看 |
[44:59] | God damn. | 好家伙 |
[45:07] | He was the son of Hard Tack, | 它是名驹“硬饼干”之子 |
[45:10] | sired by the mighty Man o’ War. | 系出伟大的“战神” |
[45:12] | But the breeding did little to impress anyone at Claiborne Farms. | 但克莱农庄的人对此不感兴趣 |
[45:16] | Get rid of him. | 把它处理掉 |
[45:23] | At six months, he was shipped off to train | 它6个月大时 |
[45:25] | with the legendary trainer “Sunny” Fitzsimmons, | 就被送给名训练师 费兹西蒙训练 |
[45:28] | who, over time, developed a similar opinion of the colt. | 后来他对这匹马 也抱持相同的看法 |
[45:32] | Is that a racehorse or a lead pony? | 那是赛马还是领路马? |
[45:37] | The judgment wasn’t helped by his gentle nature. | 它的优良血统对它毫无帮助 |
[45:40] | Where his sire had been a fierce, almost violent competitor, | 它的血统强悍,有帝王风范 |
[45:44] | Seabiscuit took to sleeping for huge chunks of the day | 但海饼干爱睡觉 |
[45:48] | and enjoyed lolling for hours under the boughs of the juniper trees. | 还喜欢在大树下打滚 |
[45:54] | His other great talent was eating. | 它另一个天赋是吃 |
[45:57] | Though haIf the size of other colts, | 虽然它个头只有别人的一半大 |
[45:59] | Seabiscuit could frequently eat twice as much. | 海饼干吃的却比别人多两倍 |
[46:03] | Fitzsimmons decided the horse was lazy | 费兹西蒙认定这匹马是懒马 |
[46:06] | and feIt sure he could train the obstinance out of him. | 决定好好治治它 |
[46:10] | I want you to hit him as many times as you can over a quarter of a mile. | 过400公尺就用力鞭打它 |
[46:15] | When he didn’t improve, | 而它毫无进展 |
[46:16] | they decided the coIt was incorrigible. | 他们认定它无可救药 |
[46:21] | They made him a training partner to better horses, | 就让它变成 其他良驹的训练伙伴 |
[46:24] | forcing him to lose | 逼它跑输 |
[46:25] | head-to-head dueIs to boost the confidence of the other animal. | 好激发出其他马匹的自信 |
[46:30] | By the time he was three years old, | 到它3岁时 |
[46:32] | Seabiscuit was struggling in two cheap claiming races a week. | 海饼干每周参加两场拍卖赛 |
[46:37] | Soon he grew as bitter and angry as his sire Hard Tack had been. | 很快地,它就跟它父亲一样 暴躁易怒 |
[46:44] | He was sold for the rock-bottom price of $2,000. | 它被以最低价2千元卖出 |
[46:51] | And, of course, it all made sense. | 当然,这一切都很合理 |
[46:54] | Champions were large, | 冠军马高大 |
[46:56] | they were sleek,they were without imperfection. | 毛色光滑又完美无缺 |
[47:01] | When they finally did race him, | 当马主终于让它出赛时 |
[47:03] | he did just what they had trained him to do. | 它也只会照训练的情况跑 |
[47:06] | He lost. | 它输了 |
[47:10] | What exactly is it you like? | 你到底喜欢它哪一点? |
[47:13] | He’s got spirit. | 它有气魄 |
[47:16] | I’ll say. | 我看也是 |
[47:19] | Can… Can he be ridden? | 它能让人骑它吗? |
[47:21] | Oh, sure. | 当然 |
[47:26] | Eventually. | 终究会的 |
[47:30] | He can be a little touchy. | 它可能会有点难搞定 |
[47:32] | Yeah, I got it. | 是啊,我明白 |
[47:33] | No. Really. | 我说真的 |
[47:36] | I’m fine. | 我没问题的 |
[47:46] | Jesus Christ! That horse is nuts! | 哇咧,你的马疯了 |
[48:07] | Come on! Come on! Come on! | 来啊… |
[48:10] | Let’s go! Come on, you sons of bitches! | 上啊,窝囊废 |
[48:25] | Let’s go! Come on! | 来啊 |
[48:28] | Let’s go! Come on, you sons of bitches! | 上啊,臭瘪三 |
[48:30] | I’ll take all of you! Come on! Come on! | 我一个人对付你们全部 来啊… |
[48:57] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[49:02] | I’m not afraid of you. | 我不怕你 |
[49:05] | Sure. | 当然 |
[49:07] | I know. | 我懂 |
[49:10] | I know what you’re all about. | 我懂你的心情 |
[49:20] | You hungry? | 你饿吗? |
[49:31] | Yeah. Bet you are. | 我知道你饿了 |
[49:35] | Come on. | 过来 |
[49:36] | Come on, boy. | 来吧,小子 |
[49:54] | Why don’t you just breeze him around one turn. | 你带它跑一圈吧 |
[49:57] | Give the folks a look. | 让马主看看 |
[49:59] | Great. | 好 |
[50:01] | Red Pollard, Mr. and Mrs. Howard. Yeah. Hi. | 瑞德波拉,霍华先生和太太 |
[50:09] | Well, we’ll just be moving on. | 我们走吧 |
[50:16] | Does he breeze? | 它会跑吗? |
[50:19] | Well, we’ll find out. | 等着看�� |
[50:40] | Seems pretty fast. | 它似乎还满快的 |
[50:42] | Yeah. ln every direction. | 是啊,乱跑一通 |
[50:46] | Hell, he’s so beat-up, it’s hard to tell what he’s like. | 它被操坏了,看不出它的实力 |
[50:50] | I just can’t help feeling they got him | 我忍不住要想 |
[50:53] | so screwed up running in a circle, | 他们老让它绕圈子跑 |
[50:56] | he’s forgotten what he was born to do. | 让它忘了自己的天赋本能 |
[51:01] | He just needs to learn how to be a horse again. | 它需要重新学习怎么当马 |
[51:05] | Well, how do you do that? | 你要怎么做? |
[51:16] | How far do you want me to take him? | 你要我带它跑多远? |
[51:18] | Till he stops. | 到它停为止 |
[51:21] | Okay. | 好 |
[51:24] | That seems like a pretty good ride. | 那可要跑很远了 |
[51:28] | Hope so. | 希望如此 |
[51:49] | That’s it, boy. You’re all right. | 很好,你做得很好 |
[51:52] | Let’s see what you got, boy. | 秀出你的本事吧 |
[51:59] | That’s it, boy. That’s it! | 很好,帅哥,就是这样 |
[52:33] | Well, at least he wasn’t expensive. | 至少它不贵 |
[52:36] | No. That’s true. | 那倒是真的 |
[52:47] | God damn it! | 哇靠… |
[52:49] | You’re an amazing animal! | 你真是厉害 |
[53:18] | You can come inside, you know. | 你可以进来 |
[53:20] | I’m fine. Thank you. | 我很好,谢谢 |
[53:21] | Yeah, you look it. | 是啊,你看看你 |
[53:24] | No, really, I’m fine. | 不,真的,我很好 |
[53:27] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[53:29] | Suit yourself. | 随便你 |
[53:43] | Welcome. | 欢迎 |
[53:59] | Thank you. You’re welcome. | 谢谢 |
[54:12] | It’s okay. | 没关系的 |
[54:15] | Oh, I’m not that hungry. | 我没那么饿 |
[54:18] | Sure you’re not. | 当然 |
[54:22] | It’s just a lot of food. | 食物太多了 |
[54:28] | It’s okay. | 没关系的 |
[54:31] | We rather have you strong than thin. | 我宁可你强壮点 |
[54:57] | They called it “relief,” | 人们称之为救济 |
[54:59] | but it was a lot more than that. | 但不只是那样 |
[55:02] | It had dozens of names: | 它有很多名目… |
[55:03] | NRA, WPA, | 工业复兴法、公共就业服务法 |
[55:06] | the CCC. | 平民营建组织 |
[55:08] | But it really came down to just one thing. | 但它只代表一件事 |
[55:14] | For the first time in a long time, | 长久以来第一次 |
[55:16] | someone cared. | 有人在乎了 |
[55:19] | For the first time in a long time, | 长久以来第一次 |
[55:23] | you were no longer alone. | 你我不再孤单 |
[57:11] | Goat racing? | 赛羊? |
[57:12] | Oh, no. Just trying to calm him down a little. | 不,只是想让它冷静一点 |
[57:16] | Smart ones hate being alone all the time. Oh. | 聪明的马讨厌孤单 |
[57:20] | And sometimes another animal, it just soothes them a bit. | 有时有别的动物能让它好过点 |
[58:04] | Pretty quiet in there. | 里面满安静的嘛 |
[58:07] | What’d you do? | 你做了什么? |
[58:09] | Go take a look. | 自己看吧 |
[58:22] | 动荡时代,身处困境 | |
[58:28] | 上主庇佑我 | |
[58:33] | 赐我平安喜悦 | |
[58:41] | Okay. You don’t break him or anything, | 别过度鞭打它,不过… |
[58:43] | but we gotta see what he’s got. | 我们得看看它有何能耐 |
[58:46] | You take him to the five and a haIf pole | 带它跑到5竿半 |
[58:49] | and turn him loose. | 然后放开它 |
[58:51] | Turn him loose? | 放开它? |
[58:53] | Yeah, son. He’s a racehorse. | 对,孩子,它是赛马 |
[59:02] | Come on! | 冲啊 |
[59:09] | Come on! | 冲啊 |
[59:13] | Come on! I know you got more than this. Let’s show them, boy! | 我知道你很行,跑给他们看 |
[59:20] | How’s he look? | 它怎么样? |
[59:23] | Asleep. | 还在冬眠 |
[59:26] | Come on! Let’s show them, Pops! | 快,让他们见识一下,老爹 |
[59:29] | Come on! | 冲啊 |
[59:40] | There it is! Yeah! | 就是这样,好耶 |
[59:43] | Oh, my goodness. | 老天爷 |
[59:56] | Yeah, you and me! Let’s go! | 好耶,我们两个一起冲啊 |
[1:00:12] | Boy. Fast? Oh, yeah. | 怎样,快吗? |
[1:00:14] | How fast? | 没错 有多快? |
[1:00:18] | Your horse just broke the track record at Tanforan. | 你的马刚刚打破马场记录 |
[1:00:26] | Yep. Sometimes they just hanker for a little competition. | 有时它们就是欠对手激 |
[1:00:34] | “加州圣安妮塔马场” | |
[1:00:39] | As long as we’re talking long shots, I got a real doozy for you, folks. | 说到冷门马,我有一匹 |
[1:00:42] | Today we got a horse that’s going off at 70-to-1 , | 今天有匹马赔率达70比1 |
[1:00:44] | and that’s a short price, my friends. | 这还算客气的 |
[1:00:46] | This horse couldn’t win a church raffle, | 这匹马连夜市抽奖都赢不了 |
[1:00:47] | let alone a $2,000 allowance. | 更别说2千元的彩金了 |
[1:00:50] | Yeah, talk about a jump in class. This is the skunk at the garden party. | 它真是园游会里的讨厌鬼 |
[1:00:53] | Yes, he’s the surprise in the punch bowl. | 是啊,他真惊奇 |
[1:00:55] | As a matter of fact, I’ll lay even money that this nag, Seabiscuit, | 事实上,我愿意下对等的赌金 |
[1:00:57] | couldn’t even finish six furlongs. | 赌这块烂饼干根本跑不完 |
[1:01:00] | This is Tick-Tock McGlaughlin live at Clockers’ Corner. | 这是快嘴老麦的现场播报 |
[1:01:08] | Wow. I wanted maroon. They only had bright red. | 我要茶色,但店里只有红色的 |
[1:01:10] | Oh, it looks great. | 很好看啊 |
[1:01:11] | You don’t think the “H” is too big? | 这个H不会太大吗? |
[1:01:13] | You seen the size of our jockey? | 我们骑师块头也不小吧? |
[1:01:18] | Come on. | 加油 |
[1:01:30] | Okay. The favorite’s that gray over there. | 最热门的是那边灰色那匹马 |
[1:01:32] | He’s got a big late charge,so lock in early with him | 它很晚才冲刺 你早早就跟着它 |
[1:01:37] | and stay right off his flank. | 待在它的右侧 |
[1:01:39] | Okay. | 好 |
[1:01:40] | And once our boy sees who the competition is, | 一旦这小子看到对手 |
[1:01:43] | he’ll do most of the work. | 它会做它该做的 |
[1:01:44] | But don’t move till that gray does. | 但是灰马没动之前别妄动 |
[1:01:47] | What if it’s late? | 要是它很晚才冲刺呢? |
[1:01:50] | Let’s go. | 现在开始吧 |
[1:01:51] | Twelve minutes to post. | 12分钟后 |
[1:01:54] | I don’t think it’s gonna matter much. | 我不认为那会有多少影响 |
[1:01:57] | Honestly. | 真的 |
[1:02:05] | Horses come out on the track for the sixth race. | 第六场,马从跑道上出来。 |
[1:02:07] | $20,000… | 2万美元 |
[1:02:27] | Come on in. Number 3, Pollard on Seabiscuit. | 进来吧。3号,拉德在奔驰。 |
[1:02:32] | Followed by… | 紧跟的是 |
[1:02:34] | Hey, sahib. | 阁下 |
[1:02:36] | Kind of small, isn’t he? | 它太小了吧? |
[1:02:38] | Gonna look a lot smaller in a second, Georgie. | 待会它看起来会更小 |
[1:02:41] | I got five bucks says he doesn’t. | 我赌5元,不可能 |
[1:02:43] | 赌了 | |
[1:02:46] | Starter’s poised. The flag is up. | 旗举起来了。 |
[1:02:49] | And away they go. | 它们出发了 |
[1:02:52] | Pirate’s Gold breaks first, | 海盗湾领先 |
[1:02:52] | followed by Geronimo on the outside. | 随后是在外侧的杰朗德 |
[1:02:55] | Silver Treasure is third, followed by Seabiscuit. | 银宝藏第三,之后是海饼干 |
[1:03:11] | They’re coming by the five-furlong pole. | 他们过来了 |
[1:03:14] | It’s Pirate’s Gold, Geronimo, HilI’s Army and Agua Dulce. | 是海盗湾,希尔军队,和杜斯 |
[1:03:25] | Son of a bitch! | 混蛋 |
[1:03:30] | Piece of shit bastard! | 你他妈的混蛋 |
[1:03:34] | What the hell is he doing? | 他在干嘛? |
[1:03:37] | …opening up a three and a half… A four-length lead. | 打开3个半……4个身段 |
[1:03:39] | Let’s go! | 上! |
[1:03:41] | What are you doing? | 你干嘛? |
[1:03:42] | I’m gonna put you on the rail, you piece of shit! | 教你守规矩,瘪三 |
[1:03:46] | Get off of me! How do you like that, you son of a bitch? | 放开我 你喜欢吗? |
[1:03:48] | You’re gonna drop me, man! | 把手放开 |
[1:03:52] | The two horses are flying down… | 这两匹马飞起来了 |
[1:03:54] | You like the rail? | 知道该守规矩了吧 |
[1:03:58] | 住手 | |
[1:03:59] | …as they come into the homestretch. | 处女座和海饼干纠缠不清 |
[1:04:04] | Here comes the cavalry charge! | 冲锋队伍来了 |
[1:04:06] | Knock me off my horse! | 敢阻挡我的马? |
[1:04:09] | It’s Silver Treasure on the inside | 从内侧冲出的是银宝藏 |
[1:04:11] | followed by Pirate’s Gold.Again they go, Pirate’s Gold. | 之后是肯达勾和海盗湾 |
[1:04:14] | Silver Treasure on the inside. Silver Treasure and Pirate’s Gold. | 银宝藏和海盗湾 |
[1:04:17] | But at the wire it’s | 在终点线上 |
[1:04:18] | Silver Treasure, the winner by two and a haIf lengths. | 银宝藏赢了2又1/2个马身 |
[1:04:27] | Damn it. What the hell were you thinking? | 你在想什么? |
[1:04:28] | He fouled me. | 他害我 |
[1:04:29] | What am I supposed to do, let him get away with that? | 我该怎样?放过他? |
[1:04:31] | Well, yeah, when he’s 40-to-1 . | 对,他又不是你的对手 |
[1:04:34] | He almost put me in the rail! | 他差点害我摔下马 |
[1:04:35] | Well, did he? | 你摔下去了吗? |
[1:04:38] | Look, we had a plan. | 我们拟好计划了 |
[1:04:39] | He fouled me, Tom! | 他害我,汤姆 |
[1:04:41] | What am I supposed to do? He cut me off! | 我该怎么办?他阻挡我 |
[1:04:48] | He fouled me! | 他害我 |
[1:04:49] | Son? Son. | 孩子、孩子 |
[1:04:54] | What are you so mad at? | 你这是在气什么? |
[1:05:08] | There’s even a phone next door. Dad. | 隔壁有电话,我们会打给你 |
[1:05:10] | We’ll call you. Every couple of weeks, we’ll call you, | 我们会通知你我们落脚何处 |
[1:05:12] | and we’ll tell you where we are. No. We’re just gonna go home, all right? | 不,我们回家吧 |
[1:05:25] | You have a gift. | 你有天赋 |
[1:05:28] | You have a gift. | 你有天赋 |
[1:05:37] | I need to borrow some money. | 我要借一点钱 |
[1:05:43] | All right. | 好 |
[1:05:44] | I haven’t been to a dentist, and… | 我很久没看牙医,而且… |
[1:05:50] | Well, I need to borrow some money. | 我要借一点钱 |
[1:05:53] | That’s fine. | 可以啊 |
[1:05:54] | I don’t know when I can pay you back. | 我不知道什么时候能还你 |
[1:05:57] | I mean, when we win. When we win, I can pay you back. | 等我们赢,我就能还你 |
[1:06:01] | That is, if you still want me to ride. | 如果你还要我骑的话 |
[1:06:06] | Of course I want you to ride. | 我当然要 |
[1:06:12] | How much do you need? | 你需要多少? |
[1:06:18] | Ten dollars. | 10元 |
[1:06:21] | Here. | 来 |
[1:06:29] | It’s fine. | 没关系的 |
[1:06:36] | Thank you. I really appreciate it. | 谢谢,我真的很感激 |
[1:06:47] | That’s it, Pops. We’re okay now. | 就是这样,老爹,很好 |
[1:06:50] | It’s all right, boy. | 很好,帅哥 |
[1:06:54] | Yeah, we’re okay. | 没错,我们很好 |
[1:06:55] | Nothing to worry about.All the time in the world, | 不用担心,有得是时间 |
[1:06:59] | boy. That’s it, Pops. | 就是这样 |
[1:07:01] | Nice and easy. Just like that, boy. | 慢慢来,就是那样 |
[1:07:05] | Just like that. | 就是那样 |
[1:07:09] | What do you think, boy? | 你怎么想? |
[1:07:11] | You ready to go? | 你要冲了? |
[1:07:13] | You and me. Let’s go, boy. Let’s go. | 走,冲吧 |
[1:08:00] | ln the end, it wasn’t the dams | 最终,复苏的原因 不是那些水坝 |
[1:08:03] | or the roads | 道路 |
[1:08:05] | or the bridges or the parks. | 桥梁或公园 |
[1:08:08] | Or the tunnels | 隧道 |
[1:08:09] | or the thousands of other public projects that were buiIt in those years. | 或那些年所建造的公共建设 |
[1:08:14] | It was more invisible than that. | 而是更无形的东西 |
[1:08:18] | Men who were broken only a year before | 一年前还沮丧绝望的人 |
[1:08:20] | suddenly feIt restored. | 突然间恢复生机 |
[1:08:23] | Men who’d been shattered | 筋疲力尽的人们 |
[1:08:25] | suddenly found their voice. | 突然找到了自我 |
[1:08:27] | Well, I just think this horse has a lot of heart. | 我想这匹马很有心 |
[1:08:29] | He may have been down, but he wasn’t out. | 它遭受挫折,却屹立不摇 |
[1:08:31] | He may have lost a few, but he didn’t let it get to him. | 它输了几次,却不因此低头 |
[1:08:35] | I think we could all learn a lick or two from this little guy. | 这个小家伙值得我们学习 |
[1:08:38] | Oh, and by the way, he doesn’t know he’s little. | 不过它不知道自己个子小 |
[1:08:39] | He thinks he’s the biggest horse out there. | 它觉得自己是最高大的马 |
[1:08:42] | So you got big plans for this little horse? | 你对这匹小马有大计划吗? |
[1:08:44] | Oh, yeah. | 有的 |
[1:08:46] | See, sometimes when the little guy, | 若是一个小家伙 |
[1:08:47] | he doesn’t know he’s a little guy, | 不知道自己小 |
[1:08:49] | he can do great big things. | 他就能做出大事 |
[1:08:52] | Can we get a shot here? | 我们可以在这里打一针吗? |
[1:08:54] | See, this isn’t the finish line. | 这还不是终点 |
[1:08:56] | The future is the finish line, | 未来才是终点 |
[1:08:58] | and the Biscuit is just the horse to get us there. | 而海饼干正是带领我们 冲向未来的马 |
[1:09:00] | “Just the horse to get us there.” | 带领我们冲向未来的马 |
[1:09:03] | You certainly made a believer out of me, Mr. Howard. | 你让我都相信你了,霍华先生 |
[1:09:06] | It’s time for this old tout to eat some crow. | 这个老家伙等着吃败仗吧 |
[1:09:08] | Four and 20 blackbirds, | 红烧鸡、白斩鸡 |
[1:09:10] | to be exact, all baked up in some humble pie, | 不管什么鸡,尝尝败绩 |
[1:09:12] | and I’ll take mine a la mode. | 我则吃我的…三杯鸡 |
[1:09:17] | Oh. And one more thing, Mr. Howard. I just wanna say… | 还有,霍华先生,我想说… |
[1:09:19] | Thanks for the champagne. | 谢谢你的香槟 |
[1:09:21] | Don’t mention it. | 别客气 |
[1:09:22] | Did you see the infield? | 你看过内野了? |
[1:09:23] | No, not yet. | 还没 |
[1:09:25] | Take a look. Your little horse is selling out the cheap seats. | 去看看,你的小马可真有人气 |
[1:09:38] | Oh, my gosh. | 老天爷 |
[1:09:40] | Hey, what do you think about all those folks in the infield, Red? | 你对内野的观众有何看法? |
[1:09:43] | That’s who we’re riding for, folks with a quarter in their pocket. | 我们正是为这些穷人而跑 |
[1:09:46] | Red! Red! Red! Red! | 红色!红色! |
[1:09:48] | That’s an awful lot of hoopla for such a little horse! | 这匹小马有不少广告词 |
[1:09:51] | “Though he be but little, he is fierce.” | 它虽矮小,却气力惊人 |
[1:09:54] | What’s that? What? | 谁说的? |
[1:09:56] | That’s Shakespeare, boys. | 莎士比亚啊,孩子 |
[1:09:57] | That’s Shakespeare. | 莎士比亚 |
[1:09:59] | Oh, Shakespeare. | 莎士比亚 |
[1:10:16] | Holy cow. | 老天 |
[1:10:21] | Look at that, Biscuit. Look at that. | 你看看,小饼干 |
[1:10:24] | There you go. Oh, my God. | 好耶,我们真行 |
[1:10:29] | There he is! Seabiscuit! Yeah! | 他在这!海饼干 |
[1:10:38] | That’s for you, Pops. | 他们都为你而来,老爹 |
[1:10:41] | That’s for you. | 全都为你而来 |
[1:10:43] | “圣欧诺菲大赛” | |
[1:10:51] | “圣米奎尔大赛” | |
[1:11:02] | “圣拉菲大赛” | |
[1:11:16] | That makes six consecutive victories for this little coIt from nowhere, | 这匹小马连胜六场 |
[1:11:19] | one shy of the record. | 真短的记录 |
[1:11:20] | Why, he may be the biggest | 它可能是自有史以来 |
[1:11:22] | sensation on four legs since Hope and Crosby. | 最引人注目的四脚兽了 |
[1:11:24] | Yes, it’s standing room only every time this pint-size pony slips on a saddle, | 大家挤破头要看这匹小矮马 |
[1:11:28] | and if you can’t afford the quarter, | 你若没钱,就爬到树上观望吧 |
[1:11:31] | So what is the secret of this rags-to-riches story? | 这匹由黑翻红的马有何秘辛? |
[1:11:34] | I have it on good authority they feed Seabiscuit | 我听说海饼干比赛前 要喝1公升啤酒 |
[1:11:42] | Oh, my gosh! | 老天 |
[1:11:45] | Who was that? | 那是谁啊? |
[1:11:54] | Morning. | 早安 |
[1:11:58] | Boy, what’s this? | 这是什么? |
[1:12:00] | It’s beer. From an admiring public. | 啤酒,支持者送的 |
[1:12:03] | It’s pretty good, too. There’s more in there. | 满好喝的,里面还有很多 |
[1:12:09] | Where’s the horse? | 马呢? |
[1:12:10] | Signing autographs. | 去签名了 |
[1:12:13] | He’s what? | 什么? |
[1:12:16] | There you go, Max. Let it dry for a minute before you try to sell it. | 拿去,要等干了才能卖 |
[1:12:21] | Hey, Charles. You think you can break the record? | 它能打破记录吗? |
[1:12:22] | Oh, let’s ask him. Hey, Biscuit.You gonna win one more? | 问它吧,你能再赢一场吗? |
[1:12:26] | You gonna break the record? | 你能破记录吗? |
[1:12:29] | Hey, Charles. What do you think finally turned this horse around? | 这匹马为何会有如此转变? |
[1:12:31] | Well, I think we just gave him a chance. | 我们只是给它机会 |
[1:12:34] | Sometimes all somebody needs is a second chance. | 有时人们需要的只是个机会 |
[1:12:37] | I think there are a lot of people out there know just what I’m talking about. | 很多人都知道我在说什么 |
[1:12:44] | Here, boys. Take some horseshoes with you. | 来,拿些蹄铁去吧 |
[1:12:48] | These are special. Never run out of luck. | 这是特制的,保证带来好运 |
[1:12:52] | Yeah. Right. There you go. | 拿去吧 |
[1:12:59] | Sam! Where the hell are my horseshoes? | 山姆,我的蹄铁呢? |
[1:13:05] | You quit? | 你不干了? |
[1:13:06] | I can’t work like this. | 我不能这样工作 |
[1:13:08] | He’s not a parade animal. He’s a racehorse. | 它是赛马,不是看板宠物 |
[1:13:12] | Look, Tom, a little bit of public relations… | 汤姆,做点公关… |
[1:13:14] | I can’t get him to be a great horse | 我若没时间训练它 |
[1:13:16] | if I can’t get the time to work with him. | 就无法让它变成一匹好马 |
[1:13:19] | What do you mean? He is a great horse. | 什么?它已经很好了 |
[1:13:21] | We don’t know that yet. | 我们还不知道呢 |
[1:13:22] | He’s won six stakes in a row. | 它连续赢了六场比赛 |
[1:13:23] | Against who? | 对谁? |
[1:13:28] | This. | 这匹 |
[1:13:30] | This is a great horse. | 这才是匹好马 |
[1:13:35] | “战将屹立不摇” | |
[1:13:40] | First he smashed them in the Kentucky Derby. | 它先在肯塔基州技压群雄 |
[1:13:43] | Then he crushed them in the Preakness. | 然后又在普瑞尼斯胜出 |
[1:13:47] | Then he destroyed all comers in the Belmont | 之后在贝尔蒙特夺冠 |
[1:13:49] | to snatch the Triple Crown. | 拿下三大赛桂冠 |
[1:13:52] | At almost 18 hands, he’s as big as he is fast. | 它高1米8,快如疾风 |
[1:13:54] | Eighteen hands? They’d need two guys to ride him. | 1米8?那需要两个人骑吧 |
[1:13:58] | Yeah, he’s big. | 是啊,真高大 |
[1:14:01] | Born of perfect breeding, displaying perfect form, | 血统纯正、体型完美 |
[1:14:03] | boasting a perfect record, | 还有完美的记录 |
[1:14:05] | the millionaire Mr. Riddle may have finally created the perfect horse. | 富翁瑞多创造了完美的骏马 |
[1:14:09] | Until next time, | 敬请期待 |
[1:14:10] | this is Horace Halstedter for Metrotone News. | 我是赛马新闻的贺斯特 |
[1:14:14] | What the hell does that mean, anyway? | 那是什么意思? |
[1:14:16] | Perfect. He’s perfect. | 完美,它很完美 |
[1:14:18] | What the hell does “perfect” mean? | “完美”是什么意思? |
[1:14:20] | What? | 什么? |
[1:14:22] | You show me something that’s perfect, | 拿完美的东西给我看 |
[1:14:23] | I’ll show you something that’s not. | 我就让你知道它的缺点 |
[1:14:30] | Look, he’s obviously the best horse in the East. | 它是东部最棒的马 |
[1:14:32] | We’re obviously the best horse in the West. | 我们是西部最棒的 |
[1:14:35] | I just think the country deserves to see which horse is better. | 这个国家该看看谁比较好 |
[1:14:38] | You may not be able to see it, folks, but the gauntlet just landed on my desk. | 你们看不到 我桌上有份战帖 |
[1:14:41] | Are we talking about a match race, Mr. Howard? | 你要对决? |
[1:14:43] | Whatever Mr. Riddle wants. | 随便,瑞多先生 |
[1:14:45] | Match race, stakes race, potato sack race. | 对决赛、彩金赛,啥都行 |
[1:14:48] | Just ’cause we’re littler doesn’t mean we’re scared. | 我们个子小,胆子可不小 |
[1:14:51] | Right you are, and out there in the heartland of America, | 举国上下 |
[1:14:53] | every little guy knows exactly what you mean. | 大家都明白你的意思 |
[1:14:55] | You hear that, Mr. Riddle? | 瑞多先生,你听见了吗? |
[1:14:56] | You have an appointment with destiny, a date with… | 你与命运有约,这是… |
[1:15:02] | Destiny. | 命运? |
[1:15:02] | Destiny. Yes, exactly. | 没错 |
[1:15:04] | So, destiny, and his name is Seabiscuit. | 命运,它的名字就叫海饼干 |
[1:15:11] | I’m glad they finally have racing in California. | 很高兴加州终于有赛马了 |
[1:15:14] | Do they use Western saddles out there? | 他们用西部马鞍吗? |
[1:15:19] | Look. Comparing these two horses is ridiculous. | 拿这两匹马比较真可笑 |
[1:15:21] | War Admiral is a real racehorse | 战将是真正的赛马 |
[1:15:24] | who’s won every prestigious race in America. | 它赢遍美国各大名赛 |
[1:15:26] | This little coIt of theirs is running out on some cow track. | 他们的小马只会跑牛栏 |
[1:15:32] | Yeah, if we responded to every fledgling challenger who wants to make a name for themselves, | 我们不搭理只想出名的菜鸟 |
[1:15:38] | it wouldn’t be fair to us. | 这对我们不公平 |
[1:15:40] | But it wouldn’t be fair to them, either. | 对他们也不公平 |
[1:15:42] | You wouldn’t put Jack Dempsey in the ring with a middleweight. | 重量级拳王不跟中量级的打 |
[1:15:47] | Would you? | 对吧? |
[1:15:49] | “Middleweight”? | 中量级? |
[1:15:51] | I’ll kill him.I’ll knock his goddamn block off! | 我要宰了他,摘下他的脑袋 |
[1:15:54] | He’s chicken!l know. I know. “Middleweight”? I mean… | 他害怕了!中量级? |
[1:15:56] | We just have to flush him out a little. | 我们只要把逼他出来就好 |
[1:15:59] | How? | 怎么逼? |
[1:16:00] | Well, this is still America. Right? | 这里还是美国吧? |
[1:16:03] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[1:16:04] | Cash. | 用钱 |
[1:16:07] | $100,000? | 10万元? |
[1:16:08] | The biggest purse in American history. | 美国有史以来最高的彩金 |
[1:16:11] | I sure hope so. | 希望如此 |
[1:16:11] | You’d get every top Eastern thoroughbred. All of them. | 这可以吸引东部所有的好马 |
[1:16:15] | You’d put this place on the map. | 还可以让这里被纳入正式比赛 |
[1:16:18] | They might have all that blue blood crap. | 他们也许自认高人一等 |
[1:16:20] | Our money is just as good as theirs. | 但我们的钱跟他们的一样 |
[1:16:23] | Charlie… Doc, this is our moment. | 医生,这是我们的机会 |
[1:16:25] | Now, they’re stuck in the past. This is the future. | 他们困在过去,这里才是未来 |
[1:16:29] | Great. | 很好 |
[1:16:31] | Come here. What? | 过来、过来 |
[1:16:33] | Come here. What? | 干什么? |
[1:16:35] | Come on. Don’t you wanna see them | 你难道不想看到他们… |
[1:16:37] | piling off of those train cars, | 整装坐上火车 |
[1:16:38] | coming out here to your track? | 来到这,你的赛场上 |
[1:16:43] | Huh? That’s victory in itself, Doc. | 那就是一大胜利了 |
[1:16:47] | That’s the finish line right there. | 终点线就在那里 |
[1:16:52] | You sell cars like this? | 你卖车都是这样卖的? |
[1:16:55] | Hundreds of them. | 卖得可多了 |
[1:16:56] | Hold your horses! Hold your horses! | 大家等等 |
[1:16:59] | Doc Strub has gone and raided the cookie jar. | 史医生动用了私房钱 |
[1:17:01] | Yes, he has smashed the piggy bank and sold the family silver. | 他打破了他的小猪扑满 |
[1:17:04] | $100,000 for one horse race? | 一场比赛彩金10万? |
[1:17:06] | Makes me want to walk around on all fours and throw a saddle on my back. | 这让我都想背上马鞍参赛了 |
[1:17:09] | Will the Biscuit be the favorite? | 海饼干会是最被看好的马吗? |
[1:17:10] | Not likely, folks. We’re about to be invaded. | 不太可能,强者即将入侵 |
[1:17:14] | We’re talking Derby winners, Preakness winners, Belmont winners. | 我说的是全美三大赛的赢家 |
[1:17:18] | Hold on, hold on. I guess that’s all one horse. | 等等,那是同一匹马嘛 |
[1:17:21] | But at 100,000 bucks, | 彩金10万 |
[1:17:22] | how can the Admiral not want to dock his ship | 战将怎么可能会不想来? |
[1:17:24] | in this friendly port? | 这是快嘴老麦的现场播报 |
[1:17:32] | They raised the hundred grand! | 你会参加10万彩金赛吗? |
[1:17:37] | No, thanks. | 不,谢了 |
[1:17:41] | Shit! | 妈的 |
[1:17:42] | Charles. | 查尔斯 |
[1:17:44] | Shit. | 妈的 |
[1:17:45] | Yeah, I know what you mean. | 我明白你的意思 |
[1:17:47] | The hell with it. We’ll run him anyway. | 管它的,我们还是让它出赛 |
[1:17:48] | There are still gonna be the greatest horses in the world, | 世上最棒的马都会上场 |
[1:17:51] | and if we win this thing, they’re gonna have to face us. | 只要赢,他们就得面对我们 |
[1:17:54] | He’s gonna have to face us. | 他终得面对我们的 |
[1:17:58] | “2周后” | |
[1:18:05] | Okay. Special Agent’s pure speed. | 好,密探是匹快马 |
[1:18:08] | He’s gonna go to the lead, but he can’t handle the distance. | 它会领头冲,但撑不久 |
[1:18:11] | So don’t get sucked in. | 所以我们不用跟着它 |
[1:18:13] | I won’t. | 我不会的 |
[1:18:13] | lndian Broom could be there, too. | 印地安扫帚可能也会领头 |
[1:18:16] | We’ll know they’re holding him back if they use the ring bit. | 他们若给它戴上马衔就跑不快 |
[1:18:21] | Now, the one to worry about is Rosemont. | 要留意的是罗斯蒙 |
[1:18:25] | He closes like a freight train, | 它在直线跑道就像个火车头 |
[1:18:28] | and he’ll fight you for it at the end. | 它会跟你奋战到底 |
[1:18:30] | You gotta have some momentum | 在它发动攻势时 |
[1:18:32] | buiIt up by the time he makes his move. | 你得提升动力 |
[1:18:36] | It’s still kind of soggy out there from the other day, | 昨天的雨让赛道湿透了 |
[1:18:40] | so try to stay off the rail where it’s deep. | 远离泥巴较多的地方 |
[1:18:43] | I figured I’d sit back about three wide. | 我会让它跑第三道 |
[1:18:45] | Yeah, that’s fine. | 很好 |
[1:18:50] | And other than that, just… | 此外… |
[1:18:53] | Just try to feel it. | 试着去感觉它 |
[1:18:56] | He’ll tell you when he’s ready. | 它准备好时会告诉你 |
[1:20:31] | Yeah, boy! | 好耶 |
[1:20:36] | Red, come on, Red! | 快啊,瑞德 |
[1:20:56] | Yeah, come on. Go! Go! | 冲、冲、冲 |
[1:21:08] | Watch him, Red. Watch him. | 小心他 |
[1:21:14] | Come on! Come on! | 快、快啊 |
[1:21:25] | It’s not my fault. Not this time. | 这回不是我的错 |
[1:21:27] | I told you look out for Rosemont. | 我警告过你了 |
[1:21:29] | I thought I had it. | 我以为我赢定了 |
[1:21:30] | You stopped riding! | 你完全松懈下来了 |
[1:21:31] | I couldn’t see him! | 我看不见它 |
[1:21:32] | What the hell are you talking about? He was flying up your tail! | 什么?它就从你背后冲出来 |
[1:21:35] | Yeah, well, I can’t… | 我看不… |
[1:21:36] | What? | 什么? |
[1:21:38] | See out there! | …看不见 |
[1:21:47] | He lied to us. What? | 他骗我们 |
[1:21:49] | He lied to us. You want a jockey who lies to us? | 他骗我们 你要用骗子骑师吗? |
[1:21:53] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[1:21:55] | He can’t see. He’s blind in one eye. | 他看不见,他是个独眼龙 |
[1:22:23] | It’s fine, Tom. | 没关系,汤姆 |
[1:22:27] | It’s fine? | 没关系? |
[1:22:28] | Yeah, it’s fine. | 是啊,没关系 |
[1:22:33] | You don’t throw a whole life away just | 你不能因为他受了点伤 |
[1:22:36] | ’cause it’s banged up a little bit. | 就抹杀他的价值 |
[1:22:42] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[1:22:50] | Well, I guess that little horse of theirs turned out to be a glorified claimer after all. | 我想那匹小马 只是空有其名罢了 |
[1:22:57] | At least we don’t have to deal | 至少我们不用再炒作… |
[1:22:58] | with this David and Goliath nonsense anymore. | 小虾米对抗大鲸鱼的故事了 |
[1:23:03] | All right, boys. Let me through. | 各位,让我过一下 |
[1:23:10] | “昏头骑师” | |
[1:23:12] | “骑师失误让海饼干挫败” | |
[1:23:18] | The hell with it. | 去他的 |
[1:23:22] | Just a couple of announcements. | 我只说几句话 |
[1:23:24] | First, Red Pollard will remain Seabiscuit’s jockey, | 一、瑞德还是海饼干的骑师 |
[1:23:29] | now and forever. | 永远都是 |
[1:23:30] | Second, if they’re too scared to come and race us, | 二、他们不敢来 |
[1:23:33] | we’re gonna go find them. | 我们就去找他们 |
[1:23:35] | We’re gonna enter every race where War Admiral is on the card, | 我们会参与战将所参加的 每场比赛 |
[1:23:38] | and if he scratches, which he probably will, | 要是它取消比赛 这很有可能 |
[1:23:40] | we’ll enter the next race he’s on the card. | 我们就参加下一场 |
[1:23:43] | And we won’t come home until we’ve faced him, | 除非对上它 否则我们不回家 |
[1:23:45] | win, lose or draw. | 输、赢、或平手 |
[1:23:48] | You know, | 要知道… |
[1:23:51] | I’d rather have one horse like this than 100 War Admirals. | 这一匹马胜过一百匹战将 |
[1:24:08] | Gotta see him! Come on! | 快来看他 |
[1:24:22] | Look, I really don’t know what to say. We appreciate it. | 我不知该说什么,谢谢各位 |
[1:24:25] | I’m sure the Biscuit appreciates it, too. | 海饼干也谢谢各位 |
[1:24:27] | He’s just a little shy about speaking in public. | 它只是不好意思公开演讲 |
[1:24:32] | He’d thank you himself. | 不然它会亲自谢过你们 |
[1:24:34] | I guess | 我想… |
[1:24:37] | you all are here today | 你们今天来此 |
[1:24:38] | because this is a horse who won’t give up. | 是因为这是匹永不投降的马 |
[1:24:42] | That’s right. | 你说的没错 |
[1:24:43] | Even when life beats him by a nose. | 就算命运以毫厘之差击败了它 |
[1:24:46] | That’s right! Yeah. Ain’t that the truth. | 你说的没错 |
[1:24:49] | But, heck, everybody loses a couple. | 但是…人生总是有起有落 |
[1:24:53] | Yes, sir. Yes, sir. | 是,先生 |
[1:24:55] | And you either pack up and you go home, | 要不你就打包回家… |
[1:24:57] | or you keep fighting! lsn’t that right? Yeah! | 要不就继续奋斗,对吧? |
[1:25:00] | That’s right! | 没错 |
[1:25:02] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[1:25:04] | Now, | 现在 |
[1:25:06] | do you want to see a match race? | 你们想不想看对决赛? |
[1:25:07] | Yeah! | 想 |
[1:25:09] | You do? | 真的? |
[1:25:10] | Yeah! | 没错 |
[1:25:11] | You wanna see this young fella ride that horse? | 想看这家伙跟那匹马对决吗? |
[1:25:14] | Yeah! Yes! | 没错 |
[1:25:16] | Seabiscuit! | 海饼干 |
[1:25:21] | Extra! Extra! Biscuit on the warpath! | 号外,海饼干叫阵了 |
[1:25:23] | Will there be a match race? | 对决赛会不会展开? |
[1:25:25] | It’s all right here.Extra! Extra! Biscuit on the warpath! | 快看,海饼干叫阵 |
[1:25:29] | I don’t know what they’re so worried about. | 我不知道他们在怕什么 |
[1:25:31] | I mean, look at us. | 看看我们 |
[1:25:32] | Our horse is too small. | 我们的马太瘦小 |
[1:25:35] | Our jockey’s too big. | 骑师太高大 |
[1:25:37] | Our trainer is too old. | 训练师又太老 |
[1:25:39] | Forgive me, Tom. | 原谅我,汤姆 |
[1:25:41] | And I’m too dumb to know the difference! Yeah, Charlie! | 我也笨得搞不清楚状况 |
[1:25:44] | You’d think they’d want to race us instead of running away! | 他们却不敢对决,反而落跑 |
[1:25:49] | “战将保持沉默” | |
[1:25:57] | Ladies and gentlemen, I am staring at a swarm of humanity, | 各位,我眼前有一大群人 |
[1:26:00] | a sea of hungry faces demanding the match of a lifetime. | 一群要求举行对决赛的人 |
[1:26:04] | They have come here tonight in the cold, in the wind, | 他们在寒冷的冬夜里… |
[1:26:08] | in the chill of a late October night. | 冒着刺骨冷风而来 |
[1:26:09] | Let me just make my way over to one of them so you can hear it for yourself. | 让我挤过去访问一下 |
[1:26:14] | Excuse me. Excuse me. I’m sorry. Excuse me. | 借过、借过,抱歉… |
[1:26:16] | Ma’am, ma’am, if I may.What brings you out here tonight with your three small children | 太太,你带着三个小孩来 是为了什么? |
[1:26:22] | Because we want to see a match race! | 我们要看对决赛 |
[1:26:30] | I said, don’t you think Mr. Riddle owes this country a… | 瑞多先生欠这国家一场… |
[1:26:33] | Match race! Match race! Match race! | 对决赛 |
[1:26:35] | “瑞多缄默” | |
[1:26:37] | “瑞多毫无回应” | |
[1:26:38] | Match race! Match race! Match race! | “战将竖白旗?” 对决、对决 |
[1:26:41] | “巴尔的摩万人争看海饼干” | |
[1:26:45] | Fine, but it’s on my terms. | 好,但是条件依我 |
[1:26:48] | Any terms you want. | 随你开 |
[1:26:49] | Mile and three sixteenths. I won’t accept anything else. | 跑标准跑道,不接受别的条件 |
[1:26:52] | All right. | 好 |
[1:26:53] | Want a walk-up start with a bell. | 以铃声为准开赛 |
[1:26:55] | We won’t be using any contraptions. | 不用机器 |
[1:26:59] | You mean a starting gate? | 你是说起跑栅门? |
[1:27:02] | Fine. | 好 |
[1:27:04] | And we run it here, at our home track. | 在这里比,我们的赛场 |
[1:27:07] | That’s not negotiable. | 这点没得商量 |
[1:27:10] | Seems like a nice enough place. | 这里看来不错 |
[1:27:13] | Oh, I’m sure you’ll find it quite comfortable, Mr. Howard. | 我相信你会发现它很舒适 |
[1:27:19] | “比赛敲定” | |
[1:27:21] | “11月1日对决” | |
[1:27:25] | Jesus Christ! | 老天爷 |
[1:27:28] | I wanna be a horse. | 连我都想当马了 |
[1:27:30] | Well, you’re almost big enough. | 你也够大只了 |
[1:27:33] | That’s very funny. | 很好笑 |
[1:27:36] | It doesn’t even smell like a barn. | 闻起来根本不像马厩 |
[1:27:39] | They probably deodorize it every morning. | 他们可能每天早上除臭 |
[1:27:42] | Well, they still crap. | 它们还是会大便啊 |
[1:27:47] | Well, they do. They do. | 是没错啊 |
[1:27:57] | Whoa! What’s that thing? | 那是什么东西 |
[1:27:59] | “战将专用马厩” | |
[1:28:03] | They got us in the servants’ quarters. | 他们让我们住佣人房嘛 |
[1:28:05] | Is that him? | 那是它吗? |
[1:28:08] | No. | 不是 |
[1:28:10] | Bit too small. | 太小只了 |
[1:28:15] | That’s him. | 那才是它 |
[1:28:19] | Oh, my God. | 老天爷 |
[1:28:28] | Maybe he’s the kind of horse that just looks good in the paddock. | 也许它是那种中看不中用的马 |
[1:28:42] | We gotta get to the lead. | 我们得领头才行 |
[1:28:45] | Biscuit never goes to the lead. | 海饼干从不领头的 |
[1:28:46] | I know, but | 我知道,但是… |
[1:28:48] | we gotta teach him to break first. | 我们得教它先往前冲 |
[1:28:51] | If that monster shakes loose, | 让那只怪兽领先 |
[1:28:54] | we’ll never catch him. | 我们就永远追不上了 |
[1:28:57] | What, retrain him? | 重新训练? |
[1:29:03] | We got two weeks. | 我们还有二周 |
[1:29:08] | “巴尔的摩消防队” | |
[1:29:13] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[1:29:18] | We’d like to buy your bell. | 我们要买你们的钟 |
[1:29:20] | “10点半后禁止马匹进入” | |
[1:29:22] | He didn’t tell me you were coming. | 没人通知我你们要来 |
[1:29:24] | Oh, probably just an oversight. | 也许是忘了 |
[1:29:26] | Do you want me to turn on some lights or something? | 要我去开灯吗? |
[1:29:28] | No. No. | 不用 |
[1:29:30] | No? Okay. It’s a predatory response. | 好,这是反应训练 |
[1:29:35] | If I just brush it past his flank, | 我若鞭打它侧腹 |
[1:29:37] | he’ll bolt. | 它会冲出去 |
[1:29:39] | And we just want to teach him to do it with the bell. | 我们要它听铃声行动 |
[1:29:41] | How far do you want me to take him? | 我该带它跑多远? |
[1:29:43] | To a hundred feet. | 三千公尺 |
[1:29:45] | Just so he learns to break first. | 让它学会先往前冲 |
[1:29:47] | Okay. Got it. | 好,没问题 |
[1:29:51] | You ready? | 准备好了? |
[1:29:52] | Ready. | 好了 |
[1:30:17] | All right. Here we go. | 好,来吧 |
[1:30:27] | “安静!马儿在睡觉” | |
[1:30:37] | Oh, come on, Tom! | 拜托,汤姆 |
[1:30:38] | When you gonna work that horse out? | 你何时要让那匹马练习? |
[1:30:42] | When he wakes up, I guess. | 等它睡醒吧 |
[1:30:44] | Geez! | 真是的 |
[1:30:47] | For crying out loud. | 你嘛帮帮忙 |
[1:30:50] | The whole track? | 跑全场? |
[1:30:52] | I just want him to do it once with nothing in front of him. | 我要它毫无障碍的跑一次 |
[1:30:57] | Yeah, but I can’t see out there. | 但我看不见 |
[1:30:59] | That’s all right. He can. | 没关系,它看得见 |
[1:31:01] | Come on, Tom. Tom, please. | 拜托,汤姆,别这样 |
[1:31:03] | Why do you always have to do this? Shit. | 你为什么老爱这样?妈的 |
[1:31:09] | Oh, great. | 太伟大 |
[1:31:14] | Jesus Christ. | 老天爷 |
[1:31:25] | Oh, my God. | 我的老天 |
[1:31:38] | Tim. Hey. | 南瓜 |
[1:31:42] | Pumpkin. Hey. How you doing, Pumpkin? | 南瓜,你好吗? |
[1:31:49] | Are you shy? | 别不好意思嘛 |
[1:31:52] | Hey, Red? | 瑞德? |
[1:31:57] | Oh, my gosh. | 老天爷 |
[1:32:01] | Yeah. Guess I should have used you as a jockey instead of a groom. | 我该用你当骑师,不是马夫 |
[1:32:03] | No, no. It was… | 不…我那时很愉快 |
[1:32:06] | That was great. | 太伟大了 |
[1:32:08] | Look, I’m in a little trouble. | 听着,我有点状况 |
[1:32:11] | I got this horse over in Annex, | 我这附近有匹马 |
[1:32:13] | and I been trying to sell a share of him. | 我想卖了它 |
[1:32:14] | Tough times and all? | 财务出了状况 |
[1:32:16] | I was wondering if maybe you’d breeze him for me. | 不知道你能不能帮我骑骑它 |
[1:32:20] | If folks saw Red Pollard… | 要是买家们看到你… |
[1:32:23] | Yeah. I’ll breeze your horse for you. | 好,我帮你骑 |
[1:32:31] | It’s on. Good. Just take him for five furlongs at around a minute one. | 带它跑1千,1分10秒跑完 |
[1:32:34] | Can he do that? | 它做得到吗? |
[1:32:34] | Should. | 它该做到的 |
[1:32:41] | Try it now. | 试试看 |
[1:32:52] | Okay, try it again. | 再试一次 |
[1:33:00] | Easy! Easy! Easy! | 别激动 |
[1:33:59] | Look, most of the damage was restricted to his leg. | 主要的伤害在脚上 |
[1:34:01] | How bad is it? | 有多严重? |
[1:34:02] | God, I don’t know. It’s shattered. | 不知道,骨头全碎了 |
[1:34:06] | Eleven, twelve breaks. Something like that. | 11…12处骨折 |
[1:34:08] | We’re gonna have to operate. | 我们得动手术 |
[1:34:11] | Just sit tight for me. | 请耐心等候 |
[1:34:55] | Well, we’re all done. | 手术好了 |
[1:34:57] | He’ll always limp, but it looks like he’s gonna walk again. | 他会终身跛脚,但走路没问题 |
[1:35:03] | Will he ride? | 他能骑马吗? |
[1:35:05] | No, he’s not gonna ride. | 不行 |
[1:35:07] | You’re sure? | 你确定? |
[1:35:08] | He won’t ride. But he’s gonna walk. | 他不能骑马,可以走路 |
[1:35:11] | You take care. | 保重 |
[1:35:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:35:21] | You should see the other guy. | 我的对手死得才难看呢 |
[1:35:23] | You’re gonna be fine. | 你不会有事的 |
[1:35:25] | Couple of months, you’re gonna be up and around like new. | 过几个月,你就能活蹦乱跳了 |
[1:35:29] | I’m the one who makes up the stories, remember? | 会说谎的人应该是我才对吧? |
[1:35:35] | Well, yeah. | 是啊 |
[1:35:37] | Maybe a little longer than that. | 也许还要久一点 |
[1:35:44] | Look, I think we’re gonna have to scratch. | 我想我们得取消比赛了 |
[1:35:49] | No. No, don’t scratch. | 不,别取消 |
[1:35:52] | Son, he’s a great horse, but he can’t run by himself. | 它是匹好马 但它没法自己跑 |
[1:35:55] | Don’t scratch. | 别取消 |
[1:36:04] | Call Woolf. | 叫沃夫来 |
[1:36:08] | Son, nobody’s riding… It’s okay. | 没人能骑… 没关系 |
[1:36:11] | Call him. | 叫他来吧 |
[1:36:13] | Are you gonna scratch? | 你要取消比赛吗? |
[1:36:15] | No, we’re not gonna scratch. | 不 |
[1:36:17] | Red Pollard wants Seabiscuit to win this race more than anything in the world. | 瑞德要海饼干赢这场比赛 |
[1:36:21] | He wouldn’t let us scratch. | 他不让我们取消 |
[1:36:23] | Thank you much. I appreciate it. You’re welcome. | 谢谢你 |
[1:36:28] | The lceman cometh! What a pinch hitter. | 冰人来了,真是个超级代打 |
[1:36:30] | Why, it’s like getting Babe Ruth off the bench. | 这是叫全垒打王来代打 |
[1:36:32] | Nerves of steel, ice water in his veins. | 无畏王,像寒冰般冷静 |
[1:36:35] | Why, George WooIf is… | 乔治沃夫真是… |
[1:36:36] | lrrelevant. | 无所谓 |
[1:36:38] | They can get the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse | 他们找谁都没用 |
[1:36:41] | as far as I’m concerned. Won’t make any difference. | 根本没关系 |
[1:36:42] | War Admiral is a superior horse with superior breeding. | 战将是匹优秀的赛马 |
[1:36:46] | Doesn’t matter who the passenger is. | 马背上是谁根本无关紧要 |
[1:36:50] | He’s got a strong left lead, Georgie. | 它左前脚很强壮 |
[1:36:53] | Banks like a frigging airplane. | 跟飞机一样 |
[1:36:55] | But he might need help switching to it, | 它可能需要帮它转换重心 |
[1:36:57] | so ease him off the rail just before the turn. | 所以转弯前要放开它 |
[1:36:59] | Like you did in the Gold Cup. | 就像你在黄金甭时一样 |
[1:37:00] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[1:37:02] | He needs a good warm-up, so take him out slow. | 它需要暖身,一开始别太快 |
[1:37:05] | When you do ask him, don’t use the whip. | 要叫它冲,别用鞭子 |
[1:37:08] | Just flick it twice, show him it’s there. | 只要轻抽两下,让它知道 |
[1:37:10] | He’ll know it’s time. | 它会知道时机到了 |
[1:37:12] | Right. | 还有… |
[1:37:15] | And never on the left side. | 别鞭打左侧 |
[1:37:18] | They hit him on the left side when he was a baby. | 它小时候总是左侧被鞭打 |
[1:37:21] | I wish it was you, Johnny. | 真希望是你出赛 |
[1:37:23] | Come on. | 别这样 |
[1:37:25] | I’ll be right there with you. | 我与你同在 |
[1:37:36] | Great. | 很好 |
[1:37:37] | Now, show him the stick at the quarter pole, | 现在到终点前给它吃点鞭子 |
[1:37:42] | and he’ll give you a whole new gear. | 它就会引擎全开 |
[1:37:48] | Okay, now, | 好,现在… |
[1:37:50] | force him to that left lead a little earlier, | 逼它早一点加速 |
[1:37:54] | and he’ll give you even more. | 它会让你大开眼界 |
[1:37:59] | Great. | 很好,现在… |
[1:38:02] | Now, shut the door. | 关门 |
[1:38:20] | Okay. You know how Smith wants you to fight for the lead by the first turn? | 好,史密斯要你一开始就领先 |
[1:38:25] | Well, yeah. We were working with that bell. | 对,我们听铃声开跑 |
[1:38:28] | I was a little nervous about that. | 我对这点有点紧张 |
[1:38:29] | No, no, it’s fine. | 不,没关系 |
[1:38:32] | But you gotta give it up on the backstretch. | 但你得在进最后弯道前放手 |
[1:38:34] | Give it up? | 放手? |
[1:38:36] | Give him back the lead. | 让对手再度领先 |
[1:38:39] | He fights for it, Georgie. | 它为胜利而活 |
[1:38:42] | If you bring him head to head with that other horse, | 要是你让它跟战将并肩 |
[1:38:44] | and he looks him in the eye, | 让它看到它的眼睛 |
[1:38:47] | there’s no way he loses that race. | 它就决不会跑输 |
[1:38:50] | You just hold him through that final turn | 在最后弯道上控制好它 |
[1:38:53] | and let him get a good look at the Admiral. | 让它好好看着战将 |
[1:38:56] | Then let him go. | 然后放手让它跑 |
[1:38:59] | It’s not in his feet, Georgie. | 重点不在它的脚 |
[1:39:03] | It’s right here. | 而是这里 |
[1:39:09] | “1938年11月1日” | |
[1:39:10] | By 10:00 a.m., | 到早上十点 |
[1:39:11] | the closest place to park | 最近的停车位已在15条街外 |
[1:39:13] | was 15 blocks away. | 15街区 |
[1:39:15] | The volume of refreshments alone was staggering. | 吃掉的点心像山一样高 |
[1:39:18] | Seventeen thousand gallons of lemonade. | 1万7千加仑的柠檬水 |
[1:39:21] | Sixty thousand hot dogs. | 6万条热狗 |
[1:39:24] | Two thousand kegs of beer. | 2千桶啤酒 |
[1:39:27] | NBC broadcast the race, | NBC实况转播比赛 |
[1:39:29] | and businesses around America scheduled a haIf day of work | 美国企业一律上半天班 |
[1:39:32] | so their employees could hear the call, | 好让员工能听转播 |
[1:39:34] | thanks in part to a missive fired by Mr. Howard | 这要感谢霍华先生一天前… |
[1:39:38] | only the day before. | 写了封公开信 |
[1:39:40] | Look, I know this is a fancy track and all, | 我知道这马场很棒 |
[1:39:41] | but I think they ought to open up the infield, | 但他们该开放内野 |
[1:39:44] | so normal folks can come see the race. | 好让一般人也能来看比赛 |
[1:39:47] | You shouldn’t have to be rich to enjoy something like this. | 不该只有富人才能看 |
[1:39:50] | Seabiscuit entered the race a 2-to-1 underdog, | 海饼干不被看好 赔率是2比1 |
[1:39:54] | but you would never know it from the growing noise in the infield. | 但内野的支持声 让人看不出这点 |
[1:39:59] | By the time it was over, | 比赛结束时… |
[1:40:00] | more than 48 million Americans would hear the call. | 有4千多万美国人听了广播 |
[1:40:04] | Okay, it’s still kind of soggy at the rails, | 好,赛道还有点湿 |
[1:40:10] | so try to keep him out of there. | 让它离湿的赛道远一点 |
[1:40:12] | There’s a dry tractor tread about five feet out off the fence. | 离栅栏五步左右的赛道是干的 |
[1:40:15] | I walked the track this morning. | 我今早检查过了 |
[1:40:19] | Good. Good. | 好,很好 |
[1:40:21] | Now, | 现在… |
[1:40:23] | he ought to break just like we worked on. | 它要领先,跟我们练习的一样 |
[1:40:27] | But there’s one more thing. | 但是还有一件事 |
[1:40:31] | What? Let him catch me on the backstretch? | 让对手在最后弯道前追上我? |
[1:40:35] | You’re not the only one who knows this horse. | 你不是唯一懂这匹马的人 |
[1:40:42] | Safe trip, George. | 祝平安,乔治 |
[1:40:44] | And a short one. Let’s go, Sam. | 还要快去快回,走吧,山姆 |
[1:40:52] | Good luck, George. | 祝你好运 |
[1:40:53] | Thanks, Nick. | 谢了 |
[1:40:55] | Charley! George. | 查理 |
[1:40:57] | The two jockeys have acknowledged each other. | 两位骑师互相致意 |
[1:41:00] | It’s a quick hello, like boxers touching gloves. | 打个招呼 就像拳击手互碰手套 |
[1:41:03] | Come on, George. This is no time for small talk. | 现在不是聊天的时候 |
[1:41:05] | Both the horses are now on the main track, and you can hear the roar from the crowd. | 两匹马都步上了赛道 |
[1:41:34] | There he is! | 他在那 |
[1:41:49] | “巴尔的摩消防队” | |
[1:42:41] | 它们来到司令台前 | |
[1:42:43] | It’s Seabiscuit by a nose, now by a head. | 海饼干领先…领先一个马头了 |
[1:42:46] | He’s leading War Admiral, pressing on him a neck behind. | 它领先战将,真是飞快 |
[1:42:51] | They fly toward the clubhouse turn. | 它们往弯道飞奔而去 |
[1:42:53] | Who will be into it first? | 谁会先到呢? |
[1:42:56] | It’s Seabiscuit heading the turn first and driving for the backstretch! | 海饼干先转弯 |
[1:43:08] | Now, coming out of the bend, it’s Seabiscuit | 出弯道了,是海饼干… |
[1:43:12] | with a two-length lead coming into the backstretch. | 领先两个马身冲向最后弯道 |
[1:43:16] | 战将落后,海饼干领先 | |
[1:43:30] | Now, back him off, son. Back him off. Back him off. | 很好,让它放慢点 |
[1:43:36] | Come on back, George. Come on, come on, come on. | 放慢,乔治 |
[1:43:39] | Now on the backstretch, Seabiscuit still with a two-length lead. | 冲向最后弯道,海饼干仍领先 |
[1:43:43] | Come on, Georgie. Don’t fool around. | 快啊,乔治,别浪费时间 |
[1:43:47] | I sure hope you’re right, Red. Here we go. | 希望你是对的,瑞德,来吧 |
[1:43:51] | Easy, Pops. | 慢点,老爹 |
[1:43:59] | God damn it, Johnny. | 真是的 |
[1:44:11] | It’s now War Admiral! It’s War Admiral! | 战将冲上来了,战将领先 |
[1:44:14] | It’s Seabiscuit and War Admiral, | 是海饼干和战将 |
[1:44:16] | neck and neck as they go into the homestretch! | 两匹马并驾齐驱 |
[1:44:26] | Close, Pops. Easy, Pops. | 拉近点,放慢点 |
[1:44:30] | That’s it. | 很好 |
[1:44:33] | Come on. | 加油 |
[1:44:36] | It’s Seabiscuit. Now War Admiral! Now Seabiscuit! Now War Admiral! | 进入弯道,战将领先海饼干 |
[1:44:40] | 海饼干、战将 | |
[1:44:42] | Not going now, Pops. | 不会太久的 |
[1:44:45] | Now Seabiscuit! Now War Admiral! | 是海饼干,战将又上来 |
[1:44:47] | 它们不分轩轾 | |
[1:44:59] | Do it. | 冲吧 |
[1:45:02] | Do it now. Come on, George! | 放手,乔治 |
[1:45:03] | Turn him loose. Turn him loose. | 放开它 |
[1:45:05] | Do it now, George! | 就是现在 |
[1:45:09] | So long, Charley! | 再见了,查理 |
[1:45:13] | Turn him loose! | 放开它 |
[1:45:15] | Here comes Seabiscuit! | 海饼干冲上来了 |
[1:45:22] | It’s Seabiscuit by a length! | 海饼干领先1个马身 |
[1:45:24] | 1个半,战将没力了 | |
[1:45:26] | 海饼干领先2个马身 | |
[1:45:29] | Come on, Biscuit! | 冲啊,海饼干 |
[1:45:30] | 海饼干领先2个半马身 | |
[1:45:33] | 战将落后 海饼干领先3个马身 | |
[1:45:37] | Seabiscuit! | 海饼干 |
[1:45:45] | Yes! Yes! Yes! | 好耶!好耶! |
[1:46:51] | Congratulations. | 霍华先生,恭喜你 |
[1:46:54] | Amazing. Congratulations. | 太神奇了 |
[1:46:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:46:57] | lceman, you did it. How does it feel? | 冰人,你成功了 你有何感想? |
[1:46:59] | Well, I just wish my good friend Red Pollard was up here today instead of me. | 我真希望好友瑞德能上场 |
[1:47:03] | He will be. | 他会的、他会的 |
[1:47:08] | This concludes our radio broadcast of the race of the century. | 世纪之战转播到此结束 |
[1:47:10] | 本节目赞助商美国油品 | |
[1:47:13] | Now a word from our sponsor, the American Oil Company. | 美国油品真正好… |
[1:47:17] | Money can’t buy a finer motor oil… | 钱不能买到一种更精细的机油 |
[1:47:38] | Easy does it. | 不要着急 |
[1:47:40] | Watch it. | 慢慢来 |
[1:47:41] | Watch those wheels. | 小心,小心轮子 |
[1:47:58] | “圣安妮塔” | |
[1:48:37] | All hail the conquering hero. | 英雄万岁! |
[1:48:39] | Yes, folks, he’s back. The little engine that could. | 它回来了,小火车头 |
[1:48:41] | No more match races for this little pony, | 没人敢来找它单挑了 |
[1:48:42] | because, quite frankly, they’re all out of matches. | 因为它们都不够格 |
[1:48:44] | Who’s he gonna race? Pegasus? I pity these other horses. | 谁敢跟它比?小马哥吗? |
[1:50:44] | When will they know? | 什么时候会知道? |
[1:50:46] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:50:47] | Maybe an hour. I’m not sure. Charles is with the vet right now. | 也许1小时,兽医正在看 |
[1:50:52] | Does it hurt when he bends it? ‘Cause if it doesn’t hurt when he bends it… | 它膝盖弯的时候会痛吗? |
[1:50:55] | We don’t know anything yet. | 我们什么都还不知道 |
[1:50:57] | I’ll call you as soon as we do. | 我保证一知道就通知你 |
[1:50:59] | I promise. All right. | 我承诺。好的。 |
[1:51:06] | He was running easy on me. There was no warning. | 它跑得很好,事前毫无征兆 |
[1:51:10] | He’s gotta be all right. | 它不会有事的 |
[1:51:11] | He’s gotta be all right. I know. | 他一定好吧 |
[1:51:15] | Mr. Howard. | 霍华先生 |
[1:51:26] | Well, he ruptured a whole ligament. | 它的韧带全断了 |
[1:51:27] | I put a splint on him | 我帮它固定好了 |
[1:51:29] | just to keep him immobilized,but right now he’s totally lame. | 让它别乱动,但它瘸定了 |
[1:51:35] | He’s not gonna race again. | 它不能再比赛了 |
[1:51:41] | Look, | 听着… |
[1:51:45] | I know this is hard, | 我知道这很难 |
[1:51:47] | but I’ll put him down for you if you want me to. | 但我可以帮你给它安乐死 |
[1:52:26] | Oh, that’s okay, Pops. I’ll come to you. | 没关系,老爹,我过去 |
[1:53:10] | “三月” | |
[1:53:12] | See, first, you gotta get a little flexibility. | 首先,你要有点弹性 |
[1:53:16] | Yeah. Then you can put weight on it. | 然后再放点力气上去 |
[1:53:18] | Then once you start to put weight on it, | 之后只要你开始放力气上去 |
[1:53:21] | the whole leg gets stronger. | 整条腿就会开始变强壮 |
[1:53:23] | I know. I know. I’m in a hurry, too, Pops. | 我知道,我也受了伤 |
[1:53:26] | But you know what Hadrian said about Rome. | 知道哈德里安怎么说罗马吗? |
[1:53:29] | “Brick by brick, my citizens. | 一步一步来,子民们 |
[1:53:32] | “Brick by brick.” | 一步一步来 |
[1:53:36] | See, | 看 |
[1:53:38] | they’re Arabians, | 它们是阿拉伯马 |
[1:53:40] | so they don’t need to drink. | 它们不用喝水 |
[1:53:42] | These horses can go five or six days | 这些马能5、6天不喝水 |
[1:53:46] | without a drop of water, like a camel. | 埋头赶路,跟骆驼一样 |
[1:53:51] | Oh, I’m not saying that’s what you should do. | 我不是说你该这么做 |
[1:53:55] | I’m just saying that’s what they do. | 我是告诉你它们的特性 |
[1:54:01] | Oh, good idea. | 好主意 |
[1:54:04] | Take a little rest. | 休息一下 |
[1:54:44] | I don’t know, Red. | 我不知道耶 |
[1:54:45] | We’re just gonna walk in a circle. | 我们走一圈就好 |
[1:54:48] | You think the leg will hold you? | 脚受得了吗? |
[1:54:51] | Horse weighs 1,200 pounds, | 它重5百多公斤 |
[1:54:53] | Sam. I’m an afterthought. | 多我一个根本没差 |
[1:54:55] | No, I mean your leg. | 我是说你的脚 |
[1:55:03] | Here comes Seabiscuit charging down the lane, | 海饼干冲出赛道 |
[1:55:07] | picking off competition one by one. | 把对手一个一个干掉 |
[1:55:10] | He’s third! Now second! | 它跑第三,现在第二 |
[1:55:12] | Now first! | 现在跑第一了 |
[1:55:14] | And it’s Seabiscuit at the wire | 海饼干冲过终点 |
[1:55:17] | to win the Santa Anita Handicap with Red Pollard aboard! Yes! | 与瑞德一起赢得圣安妮塔大赛 |
[1:55:42] | What? | 怎么? |
[1:55:48] | “十月” | |
[1:56:01] | Whoa, Pops. Easy. | 慢慢来,老爹 |
[1:56:11] | Wow, Pops. | 哇,老爹 |
[1:56:12] | You feel better, don’t you, boy? | 你好多了,对吧? |
[1:56:20] | It’s okay, Sam. I’m just gonna mow the lawn a little bit. | 没关系,割掉一些草就好 |
[1:56:23] | Fine with me, Red. | 我没问题 |
[1:56:37] | Way to go! All right. | 很好,好耶 |
[1:56:48] | Looking good. Yeah, you’re great, Red! | 好耶,你真帅 |
[1:57:00] | Oh, yes. Oh, yes. Way to go, Red. | 就该这么做 |
[1:57:33] | Is it even possible? | 有可能吗? |
[1:57:35] | TOM: Sure. | 当然 |
[1:57:35] | Most folks don’t give it a chance. | 大部份的人不会给它机会 |
[1:57:38] | Most folks just… | 大部分的人… |
[1:57:41] | The best thing to do | 最好的办法 |
[1:57:43] | is get him down there and let him gallop a little. | 就是让它下场跑一跑 |
[1:57:46] | I mean, that’s the only way we’re really gonna know. | 这是唯一的办法 |
[1:57:49] | Can he handle that? | 它承受得起吗? |
[1:57:50] | Sure. I mean, I think so. | 当然,我想可以吧 |
[1:58:15] | He worked great. I couldn’t feel a thing. | 它复原得很好,完全没异样 |
[1:58:18] | Why don’t we give him a full work on Friday morning? | 周五早上让它多跑一点 |
[1:58:22] | Maybe six furlongs. See what we got. | 跑个千把公尺,看情况如何 |
[1:58:24] | Sure. I’ll be here. | 好,我会到的 |
[1:58:27] | Thanks, George. You’re welcome. | 谢了,乔治 |
[1:58:31] | Coming along. | 它康复了 |
[1:58:34] | Could he be ready? | 它能准备好吗? |
[1:58:37] | For what? | 准备什么? |
[1:58:38] | Come on. You know what. | 拜托,你知道的 |
[1:58:48] | Top of the morning to you. | 早啊 |
[1:58:51] | That’s a nice colt. Who is he? | 真不错的小马,它叫什么? |
[1:58:54] | Just a two-year-old. He’s not ready yet. | 它才2岁大,还没准备出赛 |
[1:58:57] | I thought maybe you were getting a horse | 它不准备参加赏金大赛? |
[1:58:59] | ready for the Hundred Grander. No. Just a two-year-old. | 不,它才2岁大而已 |
[1:59:04] | Hair of the dog. | 以毒攻毒 |
[1:59:08] | You been here long? | 在这坐很久了? |
[1:59:09] | No. Just got here.Catching up on my reading. | 没,才刚到,来看报纸的 |
[1:59:14] | Well, I’m sure I’ll see you soon. | 改天见了 |
[1:59:15] | Okey-dokey. | 是啊 |
[1:59:22] | Stop the presses! Stop the presses! This isn’t a scoop, folks. | 亲闻快报!这不是独家消息 |
[1:59:26] | This is three scoops with hot fudge and a cherry on top. | 这是超级大独家 我给它三颗星 |
[1:59:29] | And throw in some nuts, | 外加蕾丝花边 |
[1:59:30] | ’cause this little horse drives me crazy! | 因为这匹马令我疯狂 |
[1:59:34] | Guess who may be working six furlongs next Friday. | 猜猜谁下周五要下场试跑? |
[1:59:37] | Guess who may be shooting for the Big ‘Cap. | 谁准备出赛赏金大赛? |
[1:59:39] | Oh, my saints alive! | 我的英雄回来了,你猜对了 |
[1:59:40] | You guessed it. Man, oh, man! | 老天,真是令人意想不到 |
[1:59:43] | Did you ever guess it! | 你曾经想吗 |
[1:59:59] | A minute 12, minute 13. Something like that. | 跑1分12、3秒的速度 |
[2:00:03] | If he starts to labor, just slow it down. | 要是它开始不舒服,就放慢 |
[2:00:06] | Try and see how he feels… | 看看它感觉如何 |
[2:00:11] | Got you. | 哦!后退! |
[2:00:22] | That’s all right, Pops. | 没事了,老爹 |
[2:00:23] | That’s okay, boy. That’s okay. | 没关系的,过来 |
[2:00:24] | Come here. It’s okay, boy. | 没关系 |
[2:00:38] | “And this, | 这一切… |
[2:00:40] | the most unkindest cut of all.” | 真是冷酷无情 |
[2:00:45] | Red. Red, | 瑞德 |
[2:00:47] | let me talk to you. | 我要跟你谈谈 |
[2:00:48] | Talk to me? You can’t… Red! You can’t do it! | 谈吧 你不能上场 |
[2:00:51] | You could be crippled for the rest of your life. | 你可能会终身残废 |
[2:00:53] | I was crippled for the rest of my life. | 我早就残废了 |
[2:00:55] | I got better. He made me better. | 我好多了,是它医好我的 |
[2:00:58] | Hell, you made me better. | 是你让我好的 |
[2:01:03] | Jesus Christ. Red… | 老天爷 |
[2:01:09] | And that’s as much my horse as it is yours. | 它也是我的马啊 |
[2:01:22] | That’s pretty quick. | 那是相当快。 |
[2:01:23] | God damn it. | 真该死 |
[2:01:26] | It’s up to him, Red. | 全听他的 |
[2:01:27] | Yeah, but if he says that I can’t… | 要是他说我不能骑马 |
[2:01:28] | He’s the doctor. It’s up to him. | 他是医生,听他的 |
[2:01:34] | You made this? | 这是你做的? |
[2:01:35] | Yeah. It wraps around my riding boot, | 对,这能包覆我的马靴 |
[2:01:40] | fasten it all the way up the calf. Right. | 完全固定小腿 |
[2:01:43] | I barely feel anything in the stirrups. | 我几乎感觉不到马蹬 |
[2:01:53] | Look, it could shatter at any moment, | 骨头还是可能随时碎裂 |
[2:01:55] | even right now.Forget about racing. | 就连现在也一样,别想比赛了 |
[2:01:57] | You see that right there? That’s barely healed. | 看见那里吗?勉强接合好了 |
[2:02:00] | There’s no way to know how much weight it could hold under stress. | 若受到压迫,结果很难说 |
[2:02:05] | If it gets reinjured, | 要是再度受伤 |
[2:02:07] | it’s possible he could never walk again. | 他有可能终身不能走路 |
[2:02:11] | “Possible.” He just said it was “possible.” | 可能,他只说可能而已 |
[2:02:14] | Well, hell, anything’s possible. We proved that already, didn’t we? | 什么事都有可能 我们证明过了 |
[2:02:17] | Red, this is different. | 这不一样 |
[2:02:18] | Yeah! This is really different. | 对,这真的不一样 |
[2:02:24] | It’s not just some race. | 这不是其他比赛 |
[2:02:27] | It’s the Santa Anita. | 这是圣安妮塔大赛 |
[2:02:29] | I had that race. I was there. | 我差点就赢了,我在场上 |
[2:02:32] | I know. | 我知道 |
[2:02:45] | What’s going on? | 发生什么事了 |
[2:02:51] | “海饼干” | |
[2:02:56] | Hell, even with the brace, | 就算有绑支架… |
[2:02:59] | it’ll barely hold him if he gets bumped, if he gets jostled… | 那撑不住 要是他摔倒或撞到… |
[2:03:03] | Do you want to know what I think? | 要不要听听我的想法? |
[2:03:04] | Of course. | 当然 |
[2:03:06] | I think it’s better to break a man’s leg than his heart. | 让男人断腿,胜过伤他的心 |
[2:03:12] | It’s not just the leg. It’s not! Okay. | 不只是腿而已,真的 |
[2:03:15] | Mar, he could fall. He could get trampled. | 他可能会摔倒,被踩踏而过 |
[2:03:18] | If he gets thrown from that horse… | 要是他被抛下马 |
[2:03:19] | He could die? | 他会没命? |
[2:03:33] | You know, I play with this thing all the time, too. | 我一直都在玩这个 |
[2:03:39] | And no matter how hard I try, | 不管我怎么努力 |
[2:03:40] | I can’t get that damn ball to stay in the hole. | 就是没法让珠珠留在洞里 |
[2:03:45] | It always rolIs out again. | 它老是掉出来 |
[2:03:55] | Just let him ride, Charles. | 让他上场吧 |
[2:03:59] | Just let him do it. | 让他出赛 |
[2:04:08] | Jumping Jehoshaphat, | 马儿东山再起就罢了 |
[2:04:11] | I could handle one comeback, but this is ridiculous. | 但这太夸张了 |
[2:04:12] | Who’s next, Lazarus? | 下一个是谁?三太子吗? |
[2:04:13] | Oh, the heroism, the madness, the excitement. | 真是英勇,令人兴奋 |
[2:04:16] | The largest crowd ever to see a race at Santa Anita! | 圣安妮塔大赛人潮汹涌 |
[2:04:18] | 55,000 in the stands, | 大看台有5万5千人 |
[2:04:20] | 20,000 in the infield,and it’s only 12:00! | 内野有2万,现在才12点呢 |
[2:04:43] | It’s not bad. | 感觉不错 |
[2:04:47] | St. Christopher. For luck. | 圣克里斯多福,给你好运 |
[2:04:51] | A little late for that, don’t you think? | 这给得有点晚吧? |
[2:05:00] | All right. Let’s go win us a race. | 好,准备赢比赛吧 |
[2:05:19] | Ready? Yeah. | 准备好了? |
[2:05:37] | Whichcee’s the speed. | 威力是快马 |
[2:05:40] | He’s gonna be out on the lead, | 它会领头 |
[2:05:41] | but I don’t think he’ll handle the distance. | 但我不认为它能撑多久 |
[2:05:44] | Just stalk him like always. | 跟以前一样跟着它就好 |
[2:05:48] | Right. | 好 |
[2:05:50] | Wedding Call could make a late run. | 好彩头较晚冲刺 |
[2:05:52] | Now, he’s got some guts, | 它很有韧性 |
[2:05:54] | so look out for him, too. | 你也要小心它 |
[2:05:55] | Won’t make that mistake again. | 我不会再犯同样的错了 |
[2:06:02] | Relax, guys. It’s gonna be fine. | 别紧张,不会有事的 |
[2:06:08] | Okay. | 好 |
[2:06:33] | Charles, it’s gonna be great. Thank you, Frank. Hope so. Bless you. | 太伟大了,谢谢 希望是这样,上帝保佑 |
[2:06:38] | Good luck, Mr. Howard. Thank you. | 好运,霍华先生,谢谢 |
[2:06:48] | Good luck. You’re looking good. | 祝你好运,赢面满大的 |
[2:06:50] | Want a seat? | 别触我霉头 |
[2:06:54] | Relax. | 放轻松 |
[2:06:56] | Buy you a couple of drinks, huh? | 请你喝一杯吧? |
[2:06:59] | That’s a good idea. | 好主意 |
[2:07:02] | Who you betting on? | 你赌谁赢? |
[2:07:49] | Hey, old man. | 老人家 |
[2:07:52] | What are you doing here? | 你在这干嘛? |
[2:07:53] | Got another mount.Just ’cause I’m not riding him doesn’t mean I’m gonna sit it out. | 我没骑它,并不代表我没马骑 |
[2:07:58] | Don’t worry. I don’t stand a chance. | 别紧张,我没机会赢的 |
[2:08:02] | I’ll see you at the finish. | 终点见了 |
[2:09:23] | Come on, boy. | 冲啊! |
[2:09:24] | Come on. Come on! | 冲、冲啊! |
[2:09:34] | Come on! Go! | 冲啊! |
[2:09:55] | How you doing, Red? | 你好啊,瑞德 |
[2:09:57] | Georgie. | 乔治 |
[2:09:58] | You guys all right? | 你们还好吧? |
[2:10:04] | There you go, boy. | 很好 |
[2:10:08] | There it is. | 就是这样 |
[2:10:09] | Have a nice ride, Johnny. | 一路顺风 |
[2:10:13] | Come on, Pops. | 冲吧,老爹 |
[2:10:20] | Go home with it, Johnny! Go on! | 带着它冲吧,加油 |
[2:10:32] | Come on, Red! | 加油,瑞德 |
[2:10:44] | There it is, boy. | 机会来了 |
[2:10:46] | Come on, Biscuit! | 加油,海饼干 |
[2:11:22] | You know, everybody thinks we found this broken-down horse and fixed him, | 大家都以为 我们找到并拯救了这匹劣马 |
[2:11:27] | but we didn’t. | 但我们没有 |
[2:11:32] | He fixed us. | 是它拯救了我们 |
[2:11:36] | Every one of us. | 我们每一个人 |
[2:11:39] | And I guess, in a way, | 就某方面来说… |
[2:11:43] | we kind of fixed each other, too. | 我们也算是拯救了彼此 |
[2:12:20] | 剧终 |