英文名称:The Guest
年代:2014
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:00] | [car arrives] | |
[01:08] | [car door closes] | |
[01:23] | [doorbell rings] | |
[01:32] | – Mr. Vale. – Yes. | – 威尔先生 – 是我 |
[01:33] | I’m Barbara Watson. | 我是芭芭拉 沃森 |
[01:35] | Yes. Come in. | 你好,请进 |
[01:36] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[01:39] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[01:42] | Ah. May I take your coat? | 啊,需要我帮您拿外套吗? |
[01:43] | No, thank you. | 不了,谢谢 |
[01:45] | Uh… | 哦 |
[01:46] | would you like something to drink? | 想喝点什么? |
[01:47] | No. | 不用了 |
[01:50] | Shall we get started? | 那我们开始吧? |
[01:52] | Uh, okay. | 好的 |
[02:06] | Let’s try it again. | 我们再来一次 |
[02:07] | The same thing? | 还是那段? |
[02:09] | Yes. | 是的 |
[02:10] | And remember… | 记住… |
[02:12] | fingers curved like a tunnel. | 手指像隧道一样弯曲 |
[02:14] | Okay. | 好的 |
[02:18] | ## [classical, slowly] | |
[02:24] | Don’t flatten. | 不要变平 |
[02:27] | Make room for the train. | 给火车留点地方 |
[02:29] | [stops playing] | |
[02:30] | What? | 什么? |
[02:32] | It’s something I tell my kids. | 我常跟孩子这么说 |
[02:34] | If the fingers are curved, like this, | 手指弯曲,像这样 |
[02:38] | then there’s room for the train to pass through the tunnel. | 那么火车就有空间通过隧道了 |
[02:45] | [door opens] | |
[02:46] | – Thank you. – [Vale sighs] | 谢谢 |
[02:48] | Uh, next Tuesday, then, same time? | 呃,下周二,同一时间? |
[02:50] | No. Uh, I don’t think I’m going to continue with our lessons. | 不,我觉得我还是不继续上课了 |
[02:54] | Oh, no. | 哦,不 |
[02:56] | You’re giving up? | 你要放弃了? |
[02:58] | No. | 不… |
[03:01] | Oh. | 哦 |
[03:02] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[03:04] | Well… | 那… |
[03:05] | good-bye. | 再见 |
[03:06] | Good-bye. | 再见 |
[03:09] | Uh, Mr. Vale. | 哦,威尔先生 |
[03:11] | May I ask? | 我可以问一下吗? |
[03:12] | How many teachers have you had before me? | 在我之前你有过多少老师? |
[03:16] | Four. | 四个 |
[03:17] | Well, for what it’s worth, | 不管值不值得 |
[03:18] | learning an instrument at your age is difficult, | 在您这个年纪 学一件乐器确实很难 |
[03:22] | especially if you don’t possess a natural gift for it. | 尤其是如果您在这方面 没有天赋的话 |
[03:27] | I’m not saying this to be mean. | 我不是有意这么说的 |
[03:29] | But if you do decide to give up, I’d really like to buy your piano. | 如果你真的打算放弃 那么我想买下你的钢琴 |
[03:38] | Okay. | 好的 |
[03:51] | Each stage of experience is really the exception to the rule | 每一阶段的体验 都是规则之外的 |
[03:54] | because the conditions there | 因为促进贸易向中东 |
[03:56] | that made trade mobilization to the Middle East successful | 顺利过渡的条件 |
[04:00] | weren’t present in the developing countries. | 是发展中国家不具备的 |
[04:04] | [laughing, chatter] | |
[04:09] | Yes? | 请进 |
[04:12] | Hi. | 您好 |
[04:13] | Come in. | 进来 |
[04:25] | Paper. Uh, sorry it’s late. | 论文,呃,对不起迟交了 |
[04:29] | Why is it late? | 为什么迟交? |
[04:31] | I had some personal issues to deal with. | 我有些私事要处理 |
[04:37] | I’m sorry, but I can’t accept it now. | 很抱歉,现在我已经不收了 |
[04:41] | I mean, I… I really had a… | 我是说,我…我真的有… |
[04:43] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[04:58] | Uh, you know you still haven’t given us the syllabus yet? | 呃,您的课表还没有给我们呢 |
[05:02] | I know. | 我知道 |
[05:35] | [knock on door] | |
[05:38] | – [knock knock] – Yeah? | 谁? |
[05:41] | Hello, Walter. | 你好,沃尔特 |
[05:42] | Hi, Charles. | 你好,查尔斯 |
[05:43] | You got a sec? | 有时间吗? |
[05:44] | Sure. | 当然 |
[05:47] | Walter, Shelley can’t make it down | 沃尔特,谢莉没办法 |
[05:48] | to the NYU conference to present your paper. | 去纽约大学的讨论会上 宣读你们的论文了 |
[05:50] | I’m gonna need you to cover for her. | 你得替她去 |
[05:52] | Why can’t she go? | 为什么她不能去? |
[05:54] | She’s been put on bed rest till she has the baby. | 她必须卧床休息 直到把孩子生下来 |
[05:57] | I wish I could, but now is not a good time, Charles. | 我也希望自己能去 但是现在我没时间,查尔斯 |
[06:00] | Well, I understand, but you co-authored the paper, | 嗯,我明白 但你也是合著人 |
[06:03] | and the Dean wants it presented. | 院长也希望它能被宣读 |
[06:04] | He wants to keep Shelley on track for tenure. | 他希望谢莉能留任 |
[06:05] | I just don’t think I can, with the start of classes and my book. | 我只是觉得忙不过来 同时还要照顾班级和忙着写书 |
[06:10] | You’re only teaching one class, Walter. | 你只教一个班级,沃尔特 |
[06:12] | So I can stay focused on my book. | 这样我才能专心写书 |
[06:17] | Charles, I would really rather not go. | 查尔斯,我真的不想去 |
[06:19] | Well, I’m sorry, but there really isn’t another option at this point. | 很抱歉,可现在真的没有办法 |
[06:27] | Charles, the truth is… | 查尔斯,事实是… |
[06:29] | this is really Shelley’s paper. | 这是谢莉的论文 |
[06:31] | I just agreed to co-author it because she asked me to. | 应了她的要求 我才同意做合著人 |
[06:36] | I’m not really prepared to present it. | 我都不知道该怎么做 |
[06:39] | Now, look, Walter, you can take it up | 听我说,沃尔特 如果愿意 |
[06:40] | with the Dean if you want, | 你可以去跟院长说 |
[06:42] | but as your friend, I wouldn’t advise it, not with that argument. | 不过作为你的朋友 我不建议这么做,这毫无必要 |
[06:49] | ## [classical piano] | |
[07:03] | ## [classical, slowly] | |
[07:11] | [sigh] | |
[08:31] | [sigh] | |
[08:52] | [horn honks distantly] | |
[08:58] | Hello? | 有人吗? |
[09:40] | [indistinct chatter] | |
[09:59] | Aah! Aah! Aah! Get out! | 啊!啊!啊!出去! |
[10:01] | – I’m sorry. I’m sorry. – Get out! | – 对不起,对不起 – 出去! |
[10:03] | You stay away from me! | 离我远点! |
[10:04] | – [thud] – You leave me alone! | 别过来! |
[10:06] | No. I… It’s… It’s okay. I… I’m… | 不,我…这…没事,我…我… |
[10:08] | It’s not okay! My boyfriend is coming! | 不行!我男朋友要来了! |
[10:10] | I’m… I’m… I’m not going to hurt you. | 我…我…我不会伤害你的 |
[10:12] | Who are you? What are you doing here? | 你谁呀? 来这干什么? |
[10:14] | This is my apartment. | 这是我家 |
[10:15] | This apartment does not belong to you! | 这房子不是你的! |
[10:17] | – How did you get in here? – My name is Walter Vale. | – 你怎么进来的? – 我叫沃尔特 威尔 |
[10:19] | – I have keys! This is my apartment! – What the fuck! | – 我有钥匙!这是我家! – 见鬼! |
[10:21] | Ow! Ow! God! Aah! Please! | 哎哟!哎哟!天哪!啊!不要! |
[10:23] | – Zainab! – I’m in here! | – 载那尔布! – 我在这! |
[10:24] | – Shut up! – Aah! | – 闭嘴! – 啊! |
[10:26] | – Shut up! – All ri… Okay. Okay. | – 闭嘴! – 好吧…好,好 |
[10:28] | Okay. Okay. | 好,好的 |
[10:29] | Who are you? | 你谁呀? |
[10:30] | [Zainab] Qu’est-ce que c’est ça? | 怎么回事? |
[10:31] | Ça va? | 没事吧? |
[10:32] | Oui, ça va. | 没事 |
[10:33] | C’est qui? | 这是怎么回事? |
[10:34] | J’étais dans mon bain. | 我刚才在洗澡 |
[10:36] | Lui, il était là> | 他就冲进来了 |
[10:38] | – Did you touch her? – What? | – 你碰她了? – 什么? |
[10:39] | – Motherfucker, did you touch her? – No! No! No! | – 妈的,你碰她没? – 没!没!没! |
[10:40] | II ne m’a pas touchée. | 他没有碰我 |
[10:42] | Mais comme il est entré> >il a dit qu’il avait la cli> | 但他进来的时候 说自己有钥匙 |
[10:44] | Do you have keys? | 你有钥匙? |
[10:46] | Yes, of course I have keys. This is my apartment. | 是,我当然有钥匙 这是我家 |
[10:47] | [Zainab speaking French] | |
[10:48] | – Show me your keys. – All right. | – 钥匙拿出来看看 – 好的 |
[10:50] | Here. | 给 |
[10:51] | I’ve had this apartment for 25 years. | 这房子我买了25年了 |
[10:52] | So why haven’t you been here? | 那之前你为什么不住这? |
[10:54] | Because I live in Connecticut. I haven’t been down here in a very long time. | 我住康州 很久没来这了 |
[10:58] | Are you friends with Ivan? | 你有个叫伊凡的朋友吗? |
[10:59] | Ivan. I don’t… Who’s Ivan? | 伊凡,不知道…谁是伊凡? |
[11:01] | [speaking French] | |
[11:02] | I’m sure he’s called the police! | 我确定他报警了! |
[11:05] | – Did you call the police? – No. | – 你报警了? – 没 |
[11:07] | – You did not call the police? – No. | – 你没报警? – 没有 |
[11:13] | And you don’t know Ivan? | 你也不认识伊凡? |
[11:14] | No. Who is he? | 不认识,他是谁? |
[11:16] | – He rented us this place. – I don’t know him. | – 是他把这租给我们的 – 我不认识他 |
[11:17] | He said it belongs to his friend who is out of town. | 他说这是他一个朋友的 他朋友住到乡下去了 |
[11:20] | I don’t know who he is. | 我不知道他是谁 |
[11:21] | This is my apartment. I assure you. | 我向你保证,这是我家 |
[11:26] | Shit! | 该死的! |
[11:27] | Je t’ai déjà di> >de faire confiance à personni> | 我早告诉你别相信别人 |
[11:30] | T’as jamais signé >un contrat> | 你们连合同都没签 |
[11:31] | [speaking Arabic] | |
[11:33] | [speaking French] | |
[11:35] | Shit. | 该死的 |
[11:36] | [sigh] | |
[11:37] | Hey, look. | 嘿,听着 |
[11:41] | We don’t want any trouble. | 我们不想惹麻烦 |
[11:43] | We will get out of your apartment. | 我们会搬走 |
[11:47] | Here. Take your keys. | 给,拿好你的钥匙 |
[11:50] | It’s all a mistake. I’m sorry. | 这完全是一场误会,很对不起 |
[11:52] | Okay. | 好的 |
[11:53] | [distant siren] | |
[11:54] | We will leave. Okay? | 我们会走,行吧? |
[11:55] | Yeah, okay. | 嗯,好的 |
[12:03] | [speaking French] | |
[12:08] | [speaking French] | |
[12:15] | How long have you lived here? | 你们住这多久了? |
[12:16] | Two months. | 两个月 |
[12:18] | We will pay you if you want. | 我们可以付你租金 |
[12:20] | [door shuts] | |
[12:25] | Yes, so, uh, we will go. | 那么,呃,我们会走的 |
[12:26] | I’m sorry, again. | 非常对不起 |
[12:28] | Thank you for understanding. | 谢谢你的理解 |
[12:38] | Go get the valise. | 去拿手提包 |
[12:39] | [Zainab continues, indistinct] | |
[12:41] | [Man] Okay, okay. | 好的,好的 |
[12:45] | Good-bye. | 再见 |
[12:46] | Good-bye. | 再见 拜托了,就住一两个晚上 我们会尽快找地方的 好的 帮我看看吧,再回电给我 |
[13:10] | [indistinct chatter] | |
[13:20] | [speaking French] | |
[13:44] | Tarek. | 谢谢 塔雷克 |
[13:46] | – Tarek. – What? | – 塔雷克 – 干嘛? |
[13:52] | Uh… you left this in the apartment. | 呃…你把这落在房子里了 |
[13:55] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[14:01] | So you know where you’re staying tonight? | 那你们今晚呆哪? |
[14:05] | Yeah, sure. We’re goin’ to some friends’. | 哦,到朋友那挤挤吧 |
[14:31] | You like classical music, huh? | 你喜欢古典乐,是吗? |
[14:33] | Yes. | 是的 |
[14:35] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[14:36] | Do you play the piano? | 会弹钢琴吗? |
[14:37] | No. | 不会 |
[14:39] | Do you? | 你呢? |
[14:40] | Me? No. I play the djembe. | 我?不会,我会非洲手鼓 |
[14:44] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[14:45] | Okay. Good night. | 好吧,晚安 |
[14:48] | And thanks again for letting us stay. | 再次谢谢你能让我们留下 |
[14:51] | Um… you saved me a lot of trouble, if you know what I mean. | 呃…如果你能明白 其实你给我们省了不少麻烦 |
[14:54] | We’ll be out of your way in a couple of days. Okay? | 我们过几天就搬走,行吗? |
[14:58] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[15:22] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[15:24] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[15:27] | I made some coffee. | 我泡了咖啡 |
[15:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[15:31] | And… have a good day. | 嗯…一切顺利 |
[15:35] | Good-bye. | 再见 |
[15:39] | [sigh] | |
[15:42] | [door closes] | |
[15:49] | Walter Vale. | 沃尔特 威尔 |
[15:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[15:56] | And that will be on the last day of the conference. | 会议的最后一天就是这样安排 |
[15:58] | I hope you can all attend. | 希望你们都能来 |
[15:59] | And now I’d like to welcome my distinguished colleague | 现在让我们来欢迎 我优秀的同事 |
[16:03] | and the winner of the John Bates Clark Award… | 约翰・贝茨・克拉克奖得主… (俗称“小诺贝尔经济学奖”) |
[16:05] | Professor Stephen Kriegman. | 斯蒂芬 克里格曼教授 |
[16:16] | Thank you, Shiva. | 谢谢,西维 |
[16:18] | [general chatter] | |
[16:20] | [no audible dialogue] | |
[16:31] | [indistinct chatter] | |
[16:38] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[16:39] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[16:40] | Yes? | 嗯? |
[16:41] | Mr. Vale? | 威尔先生吗? |
[16:42] | Yes. | 是的 |
[16:44] | Oh, my goodness. How are you? | 哦,我的天,别来无恙吧? |
[16:47] | It’s me. | 是我 |
[16:48] | Jacob Koningsberg. Do you remember me? | 雅各布 克宁斯伯格 还记得吗? |
[16:50] | – I’m sorry. I… I used to live on the third floor | – 不好意思 – 我…我住三楼的 |
[16:53] | – with my mother. Your wife used to give me piano lessons. | 和我母亲一起 你的妻子还教过我钢琴 |
[16:56] | Oh, right, right. | 哦,是的,是的 |
[16:58] | How are you? | 你怎么样啊? |
[17:00] | Oh, my goodness. I haven’t seen you in so long. | 哦,天哪 很久没见到你了 |
[17:02] | We thought that you sold the place. | 我们还以为你把房子卖了 |
[17:04] | You haven’t met Sprinkles. | 你没见过斯科吧 |
[17:05] | This is Sprinkles. Say hello. | 这是斯科,快打招呼 |
[17:07] | Hello. How is your wife? | 你好,你的妻子好吗? |
[17:09] | Oh, my wife passed away. | 哦,我妻子过世了 |
[17:12] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 哦,很抱歉 |
[17:15] | I’m very sorry. My… My condolences to you. | 非常抱歉 请…节哀 |
[17:18] | She was a lovely woman. | 她是个可爱的女人 |
[17:20] | Honestly, I could listen to her play piano for hours. | 说实话,我喜欢听她弹钢琴 |
[17:24] | How is your mother? | 你母亲好吗? |
[17:26] | My mother is fine. Thank you very much. | 我妈挺好的 谢谢你 |
[17:28] | Thank you for asking. She’s in Florida. | 谢谢你的关心,她住在佛罗里达 |
[17:30] | So I’m living alone now, and it’s nice, | 现在我一个人住,也挺好的 |
[17:33] | but I tell you, there are so many new people in this building, | 对了,这楼里搬来了很多新人 |
[17:36] | – and Mr. Sprinkles and I… – It’s nice to see you again, Jacob. | – 斯科先生和我… – 很高兴见到你,雅各布 |
[17:39] | It’s good to see you. | 我也是 |
[17:41] | Good to see you. Welcome home. | 很高兴见到你,欢迎回来 |
[17:42] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:43] | Bye-bye. Bye-bye. | 再见,再见 |
[17:48] | [door opens] | |
[17:50] | [door closes, locks] | |
[17:51] | [Tarek speaks, indistinct] | |
[17:53] | [indistinct chatter] | |
[17:56] | [Zainab, laughing] Stop it. | 别闹 |
[17:57] | [Tarek] Come on, honey. | 来啊,宝贝 |
[17:58] | [door closes] | |
[17:59] | [loud rumble of traffic] | |
[18:08] | We find that, under these circumstances, | 我们觉得在这样的形势下 |
[18:09] | financial globalization can be beneficial. | 经济全球化是非常有利的 |
[18:12] | Empirically, it’s good institution and quality of government | 实际上,允许第三世界国家 |
[18:15] | that will allow third world countries | 收益全球化成果 |
[18:18] | to benefit and harvest the fruits of globalization. | 是政府的一个制度 也是一个优势 |
[18:30] | [distant drumming] | |
[18:36] | [drumming] | |
[18:40] | [drumming] | |
[19:08] | Great stuff, huh? | 不错吧? |
[19:10] | Maybe we should have ’em come play inside. | 也许我们该让他们到里面来玩 |
[19:13] | Uh, you coming? | 呃,你来吗? |
[19:15] | In a minute. Uh, I gotta make a call. | 等一下,呃,我要打个电话 |
[19:17] | – Oh. Uh, see you inside. – Okay. | – 哦,呃,里边见 – 好的 |
[19:19] | [drumming continues] | |
[19:29] | [drumming] | |
[19:34] | [drumming] | |
[19:42] | [door closes] | |
[19:43] | – ## – Hey, Walter. | 嗨,沃尔特 |
[19:45] | Welcome home. | 欢迎回来 |
[19:46] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[19:51] | How was the conference? | 会开得怎么样? |
[19:52] | It was fine. | 还行 |
[19:55] | Sorry about the pants. I… | 很抱歉我没穿好裤子,我… |
[19:57] | I’ve been practicing like this since I was a kid. | 我从小开始就练这个了 |
[20:07] | You… You don’t have to stop practicing. | 你…你不必停下 |
[20:09] | Really? it won’t bother you? | 真的?不会打扰到你? |
[20:11] | – No. It’s fine. – Great. | – 不,不会 – 太好了,谢谢 我会穿着裤子练的 |
[20:22] | Hey, uh, Zainab’s going to make dinner, | 嗨,呃,载那尔布在做晚饭 |
[20:24] | if you want to eat with us later. | 愿意跟我们一起吃吗? |
[20:28] | Okay. Thank you. | 好的,谢谢 |
[20:32] | [drumming] | |
[20:36] | [Tarek speaking foreign language in distance] | |
[20:44] | I’m sorry. That was my mother in Michigan. | 不好意思,我妈在密歇根 |
[20:46] | If I don’t call her every day, she thinks something happened to me. | 每天不给她打个电话 她会担心我的 |
[20:50] | Yeah, I’ll have a bit. Thanks. | 好,我来点,谢谢 |
[20:53] | You sure you won’t have some? | 你真的不来点吗? |
[20:54] | I don’t drink. | 我不喝酒 |
[20:56] | She’s a good Muslim. I’m a bad one. | 她是个虔诚的穆斯林,我正好相反 |
[21:00] | Are you finished? | 吃完了吗? |
[21:01] | Yes. Uh… can I help you? | 是的,呃…要我帮忙吗? |
[21:03] | No. Please. It’s the least I can do. | 不用了 我能做的也就这个了 |
[21:06] | Well, thank you for dinner. It was very good. | 多谢款待,很丰盛 |
[21:08] | – You’re welcome. – [Tarek] Thank you. | – 不用客气 – 谢谢 |
[21:12] | So what’s the conference about? | 会上说了些什么? |
[21:14] | Economic growth in developing nations. | 发展中国家的经济增长 |
[21:16] | That’s us. Syria, Senegal. | 是指我们,叙利亚,塞内加尔 |
[21:21] | So have you written some books? | 你写过什么书吗? |
[21:22] | Three, and I’m working on a fourth. | 写过三本,现在在写第四本 |
[21:24] | – Four books. – Mm-hmm. | – 四本书 – 嗯 |
[21:26] | Wow. That’s great. | 喔,很了不起 |
[21:30] | My father was a writer. A journalist. | 我父亲也是个作家,一个记者 |
[21:32] | Is he still writing? | 他还在写作吗? |
[21:34] | No. He died before we left Syria, almost nine years ago. | 不,差不多九年前他就去世了 那时我们还没离开叙利亚 |
[21:38] | Sorry. | 我很难过 |
[21:40] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[21:41] | – Tarek. – Mmm. | – 塔雷克 – 嗯 |
[21:43] | [speaking French] | |
[21:44] | Mmm. We have to go. | 嗯,我们得走了 |
[21:47] | I have a gig. | 我有个演奏会 |
[21:50] | Walter, you can come if you want. | 沃尔特,如果愿意,你可以一起来 |
[21:52] | Oh, no. I’ve got some work I have to get done. Thank you. | 哦,不了,我还有工作,谢谢 |
[21:55] | Okay. Well, maybe another time. | 好的,那改天吧 |
[21:57] | Okay. | 好的 |
[22:00] | – Bye. – Good-bye. | – 再见 – 再见 – 你请他做什么? – 我们住在他的房子里,我能怎么办? 你敲鼓的时候,我就得陪着他 |
[22:04] | [door closes] | |
[22:17] | You know, you are very sexy when you’re mad at me. | 知道吗,你生气的样子很迷人 |
[22:25] | Hello? | 嘿? |
[22:27] | If you don’t mind, I think I will come. | 不介意的话,我一起去 |
[22:31] | Cool. | 好 |
[22:33] | Let me get my coat. | 我拿件外套 |
[22:36] | ## [jazz saxophone] | |
[23:04] | Hohh! | 喔! |
[23:17] | He’s very good. | 他很棒 |
[23:19] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[23:21] | – The whole band’s very good. – Yes. | – 整个乐队都很棒 – 是啊 |
[23:29] | [indistinct chatter] | |
[23:32] | I’m sorry, guys. [chuckles] | 很抱歉让你们久等了 |
[23:34] | Yeah, well, let’s go. | 嗯,好,我们走吧 |
[23:35] | Very good. | 很不错 |
[23:36] | Really? You liked it? | 真的?你喜欢? |
[23:37] | Yeah. It was very good. | 是的,很棒 |
[23:38] | I was not sure. | 我刚刚还在害怕你会不喜欢 |
[23:39] | I thought it’s too loud and you know. | 我怕你觉得太吵了 |
[23:53] | [door closes] | |
[24:24] | Tarek? | 塔雷克? |
[24:27] | [drumbeats] | |
[24:40] | Oh. | 哦 |
[24:41] | [exhales sharply] Hi. | 嗨 |
[24:43] | Sounded good, Walter. | 不错,沃尔特 |
[24:45] | I’m sorry. I… | 抱歉,我… |
[24:46] | No. Don’t be sorry. | 不,别这么说 |
[24:48] | That’s what it’s there for. | 鼓就是让人敲的 |
[24:51] | [laughs] I was lying | 我躺在床上 |
[24:52] | on my bed, listening to my music, | 听着音乐 |
[24:53] | and then I was, like… | 然后我听见… |
[24:55] | what’s that crazy rhythm I’m hearing? | 不知什么音乐,很疯狂 |
[24:59] | Sit. Come on. I’ll show you. | 坐下,来,我给你示范 |
[25:12] | Just put your feet flat on the ground. | 两脚放平 |
[25:16] | Now take the drum between your legs like this. | 把鼓放在两腿之间 像这样 |
[25:19] | [exhales heavily] | |
[25:22] | Now you want to take the inside edge off the ground | 现在用脚踝把鼓稍稍支起 |
[25:25] | with your ankles, like this. | 像这样 |
[25:28] | Great. | 很好 |
[25:30] | You’re okay? | 好了吗? |
[25:31] | Okay. | 好了 |
[25:33] | Okay. | 好了 |
[25:34] | Now, Walter, I know you’re a very smart man, | 沃尔特,你太聪明了 |
[25:36] | but with a drum you have to remember not to think. | 不过敲鼓时 记得不要去想 |
[25:39] | Thinking just screws it up. Okay? | 那样会敲不好,懂吗? |
[25:41] | Okay. | 好的 |
[25:43] | Now, give it a couple of bangs. | 现在敲两下 |
[25:44] | [sighs deeply] | |
[25:49] | Not so hard. You’re not angry at it. | 别太用劲,你不是在拿它发泄 |
[25:50] | Okay. I’m sorry. | 好的,很抱歉 |
[25:53] | Okay. | 好 |
[25:58] | Better. Did you think? | 好些了,有没有在想? |
[26:00] | No. | 没有 |
[26:01] | Good. | 很好 |
[26:03] | Now, one more thing, Walter. | 还有一点,沃尔特 |
[26:05] | You listen to classical music, so you think in fours. | 古典乐是四拍 |
[26:07] | 1, 2, 3, 4. | |
[26:09] | Dah, dah, dah, dah. | 嗒,嗒,嗒,嗒 |
[26:12] | This is an African drum, | 这是非洲鼓 |
[26:13] | so we’re gonna be playing in threes. | 所以敲的时候是三拍 |
[26:14] | Tak tak tak. | 嗒,嗒,嗒 |
[26:15] | You have to forget your classical. | 你得忘了古典乐 |
[26:17] | Leave it behind. Tak tak tak. | 抛诸脑后,嗒,嗒,嗒 |
[26:19] | 1, 2, 3. | |
[26:20] | Come on, follow me. | 来,跟着我 |
[26:22] | Tak tak tak. | 嗒,嗒,嗒 |
[26:24] | Tak tak tak. | 嗒,嗒,嗒 |
[26:25] | 1, 2, 3. | |
[26:30] | Don’t worry. Start again. | 别急,再来一次 |
[26:31] | Good. | 很好 |
[26:32] | Don’t worry. | 别急 |
[26:35] | Again. | 再来 |
[26:41] | Good. | 很不错 |
[26:45] | You got it. | 你会了 |
[26:47] | – [falls out of rhythm] – Go… | – 继续… |
[26:48] | – I’m sorry. I’m sorry. – Don’t worry. | – 很抱歉,很抱歉 – 没关系 |
[26:51] | Don’t worry. Go again. | 别急,再来一次 |
[26:59] | Good. | 很好 |
[27:03] | That’s it. | 就是这样 |
[27:04] | Now, keep it going, and I’ll do this. | 继续,我来做这个 |
[27:06] | [new rhythm] | |
[27:14] | There you go. | 就这样 |
[27:15] | 1… | |
[27:17] | 1… | |
[27:27] | Hohh! | 喔! |
[27:31] | ## [drumming continues] | |
[27:44] | ## [new drum rhythm] | |
[27:46] | ## [new rhythm continues] | |
[27:50] | [drumming stops] | |
[28:04] | Hello. | 你好 |
[28:05] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[28:07] | [breathing heavily] | |
[28:08] | Is Tarek home? | 塔雷克在吗? |
[28:09] | Uh, no. He, uh… he went to look at another apartment. | 啊,不,他,呃… 他去看房子了 |
[28:13] | [panting] | |
[28:15] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗? |
[28:16] | Yes. | 很好 |
[28:17] | Tarek’s been giving me drum lessons, and I was just practicing. | 塔雷克教我打鼓 我刚在练习 |
[28:20] | [breathing heavily] | |
[28:25] | Don’t worry. I’ll keep my pants on. | 放心,我会穿好裤子 |
[28:29] | What? | 什么? |
[28:31] | Nothing. | 没事 |
[28:33] | It’s just that earlier, uh… | 前些天,呃… |
[28:36] | No, nothing. | 没事 |
[28:41] | [sigh] | |
[28:46] | ## [bass strumming and drumbeats] | |
[28:49] | ## [singing in foreign language] | |
[29:21] | ## [saxophone] | |
[29:28] | Which is due, in large part, | 很大程度上 |
[29:30] | to the delay in African infrastructure | 是因为非洲基础设施的落后 |
[29:33] | and the slowdown on steel imports. | 以及钢铁进口的缩减 |
[29:36] | [coughs] | |
[29:44] | [dialog inaudible] | |
[29:50] | Hey, Walter! | 嗨,沃尔特! |
[30:05] | How did the presentation go? | 演讲怎么样? |
[30:06] | Oh, fine. Thanks. | 哦,很成功,谢谢 |
[30:07] | Cool. | 不错 |
[30:10] | – You ready? – Yeah. | – 准备好了吗? – 是的 |
[30:11] | Let’s go. | 我们走 |
[30:12] | – Can you grab this drum? – Yeah. | – 你能拿着这鼓吗? – 好的 |
[30:13] | Okay. | 好 |
[30:14] | You might want to take off your, uh, name tag. | 也许你该把铭牌取下 |
[30:17] | Oh, okay. | 哦,好的 |
[30:22] | You hungry? | 饿吗? |
[30:23] | Yeah, I’m starving. | 是的,饿死了 |
[30:25] | You like shawarmas? | 喜欢夏瓦尔玛馅饼吗? |
[30:26] | Yeah, I like sharmas. | 是的,很喜欢 |
[30:29] | – [correcting] Shawarmas. – [chuckles] | – 夏瓦尔玛馅饼 |
[30:35] | Here. This is for you. | 这个给你 |
[30:37] | For letting us stay. | 为了你的收留 |
[30:39] | Oh. Thank you. | 哦,谢谢 |
[30:42] | It’s Fela Kuti. You know him? | 是菲拉 库提,你认识吗? |
[30:45] | Nope. | 不认识 |
[30:46] | – You don’t know Fela? – No. | – 你不认识菲拉? – 不认识 |
[30:48] | Then, Walter, you’re in for a treat. | 沃尔特,该你请客 |
[30:51] | He started the whole Afrobeat movement. | 他是整个Afrobeat运动的发起者 (Afro-beat是指合成乐器或是以非洲 当地传统乐器创造出具有当地特色风味 的音乐节奏) |
[30:53] | Oh, and his drummer, Tony Allen, was just… whoo, scary, man. | 哦,他乐队的鼓手托尼 艾伦 是个…疯狂的家伙 |
[30:56] | You want to play drums, you have to listen to this. | 要打鼓,就得听这些 |
[30:58] | Okay. I will. | 好的 |
[31:02] | Ooh. | 喔 |
[31:04] | Did you make these? | 你做的? |
[31:05] | Yes, I made these. | 嗯,是我做的 |
[31:07] | Ooh. | 喔 |
[31:08] | – How much? – Which one? | – 多少钱? – 哪个? |
[31:10] | Mmm… | 嗯… |
[31:12] | this one. | 这个 |
[31:14] | That’s $35. | 35美元 |
[31:16] | Will you take 30? | 30卖吗? |
[31:17] | No. 35. | 不行,35 |
[31:18] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[31:20] | My daughter will think this is very cool. | 我女儿看到会觉得很酷的 |
[31:23] | Where are you from? | 你从哪来? |
[31:25] | Senegal. | 塞内加尔 |
[31:26] | Oh, I was in Cape Town two summers ago. | 哦,两年前我去过开普敦 |
[31:29] | It is so beautiful. | 那里很美 |
[31:32] | – Thank you very much. – What’s your name? | – 谢谢 – 怎么称呼? |
[31:34] | Uh, Zainab. | 载那尔布 |
[31:36] | Zainab! | 载那尔布! |
[31:37] | So pretty. | 很可爱的名字 |
[31:39] | – Thank you. – Your change. | – 谢谢 – 找你的钱 |
[31:47] | How far is Senegal from Cape Town? | 塞内加尔离开普敦有多远? |
[31:50] | About 8,000 kilometers. | 大约8000公里 |
[31:54] | I told this guy yesterday I was from Israel. | 昨天我告诉这家伙 我来自以色列 |
[31:56] | He asked if I ever visited the Holy Land. | 他问我是否去过圣地 |
[32:01] | Hey, look who it is! | 嗨,看看谁来了! |
[32:04] | – Zev. – What’s up, Tarek? | – 则福 – 你好吗,塔雷克? |
[32:05] | How are you, man? | 你呢,朋友? |
[32:06] | Good, man. | 很好 |
[32:07] | Hey, honey. | 嗨,宝贝 |
[32:08] | Hi. Hi, Walter. | 嗨,嗨,沃尔特 |
[32:09] | [Walter] Hi. | 嗨 |
[32:10] | Her stuff is great, right? | 她的东西不错吧? |
[32:11] | Beautiful. | 很美 |
[32:13] | She made me this. | 她给我做的 |
[32:15] | [Walter] It’s very nice. | 很漂亮 |
[32:17] | So Walter and I are goin’ up to the park | 沃尔特和我要去公园 |
[32:19] | to play for a little bit, okay? | 练一会 |
[32:21] | Tarek. Remember I told you | 塔雷克,记得我跟你说过 |
[32:23] | we have to pick up my new table today? | 今天要去拿新桌子吗? |
[32:24] | He said he’ll only hold it for today. | 人家说只能保留到今天 |
[32:26] | Oh, I know, I know. No problem. | 哦,我知道,我知道,没问题 |
[32:28] | Tarek, you always say “No problem,” and then you are late or you forget. | 塔雷克,你老说“没问题” 结果呢,你不是迟到就是忘了 |
[32:31] | I know. I… I will not be long. | 我知道,我…我很快的 |
[32:33] | We will go up and play, and we’ll come back to help you. | 我们去那里练会 很快就回来 |
[32:37] | It’s a promise, habibti. | 我保证,哈比提 |
[32:41] | It’s always habibti when you want to win, huh? | 你总会喊哈比提 来哄我听你的,对吧? |
[32:44] | Good-bye. | 再见 |
[32:47] | Bye. | 再见 |
[32:48] | He closes at 5 p.m., Tarek. | 他下午5点关门,塔雷克 |
[32:50] | No Arab time. | 不是阿拉伯时间 |
[32:51] | No, not Arab time. | 不是,不是阿拉伯时间 |
[32:53] | Real time, habibti. | 实际时间,哈比提 |
[32:55] | [snickers] | |
[32:56] | Don’t habibti me, man. | 别再叫我哈比提了,老公 |
[32:58] | What does habibti mean? | 哈比提是什么意思? |
[32:59] | Habibti? It means “beloved one.” | 哈比提? 意思是“亲爱的” |
[33:03] | Does she know that? | 她知道吗? |
[33:06] | ## [Oriental] | |
[33:14] | I always wanted to play down here. | 我一直想在这演奏 |
[33:17] | It’s supposed to be good money. | 能赚很多钱 |
[33:20] | Why haven’t you? | 那你为什么不来呢? |
[33:24] | Maybe we could do it together… | 也许我们可以合作… |
[33:26] | split the profits. | 然后再分成 |
[33:32] | ## [drumbeats] | |
[33:36] | ## [percussion] | |
[33:39] | What do you think? | 觉得怎么样? |
[33:40] | I think I’ll just watch. | 我想先看看 |
[33:42] | Come on, Walter, it’s easy. | 来啊,沃尔特,很简单 |
[33:43] | You just wait until you feel it. | 等你有感觉了就开始 |
[33:44] | ## [percussion] | |
[33:46] | Yeah, let’s go. | 来,我们走 |
[33:47] | [chuckling] Oh… | 哦… |
[34:02] | ## [playing in unison] | |
[34:54] | ## [pipe] | |
[35:28] | ## [whistle] | |
[35:42] | ## [percussion in distance] | |
[35:50] | That was fun, right? | 很好玩,是吧? |
[35:51] | Oh, yeah. [laughs] | 哦,是啊 |
[35:52] | How are your hands? | 你的手怎么样? |
[35:53] | [chuckles] They’re… | 我的手… |
[35:54] | [both chuckle] | |
[35:57] | Oh, shit. We have to get home. | 哦,该死,我们得回家了 |
[35:59] | Zainab’s gonna kill me. | 载那尔布会杀了我 |
[36:00] | I’m on Arab time again. | 又是阿拉伯时间了 |
[36:01] | What is Arab time? | 什么是阿拉伯时间? |
[36:03] | It means I’m late by an hour. | 意思是我晚了一个小时 |
[36:05] | All Arabs are late by an hour. | 所有的阿拉伯人都会这样 |
[36:06] | It’s genetic. We can’t help it. | 这是遗传,无法改变 |
[36:18] | I think that’s our train. | 我们坐那列地铁 |
[36:19] | I’m gonna need a token. | 我得拿个硬币 |
[36:20] | No, I got you. I got you. | 不用,我来付,我来付 |
[36:22] | Here’s our train. Come. | 就这列,进去吧 |
[36:26] | [beep] | |
[36:27] | [grunts] | |
[36:28] | Here, I got you. Let… [chuckles] | 我付了 |
[36:30] | [beep] | |
[36:31] | [beep] | |
[36:36] | I’m stuck, man. | 我卡住了,老兄 |
[36:38] | Here, take it. | 给,拿着 |
[36:46] | This way, please. | 请过来一下 |
[36:47] | What are you doing? | 你要干什么? |
[36:49] | NYPD. | 我是纽约市警察局的 |
[36:50] | Step this way, please. | 请跟我来 |
[36:51] | Police? What do you want? | 警察?你想做什么? |
[36:52] | You jumped the turnstile, man. | 你逃票了,老兄 |
[36:54] | I did not jump it. I paid. | 我没有,我买了 |
[36:56] | Sir, he… he paid… Please. | 先生,他…他买了… |
[36:57] | But he paid… | 可他买了… |
[36:58] | Sir, stand over there! | 先生,站到一边 |
[37:04] | Got anything else, Tarek? | 有别的证件吗,塔雷克? |
[37:06] | No. Where you from? | 没,你从哪来? |
[37:08] | I’m from Syria. Why? | 叙利亚,怎么了? |
[37:10] | What’s in the bag? | 包里是什么? |
[37:12] | It’s my drum. | 我的鼓 |
[37:15] | [no audible dialogue] | |
[37:19] | Put this back in your pocket, please, sir. | 请放回你的口袋,先生 |
[37:21] | Step over here. | 来这边 |
[37:23] | – Why? I’m sorry… – Step over here, please. | – 为什么?我不明白… – 请过来 |
[37:24] | What did I do? | 我做什么了? |
[37:26] | Oh, come on. Come on. | 天啊…… |
[37:31] | – I don’t think that’s necessary. – Yeah, well, we do. | – 我觉得没必要 – 好吧,就这样 |
[37:33] | You can come down to the station | 如果愿意的话,你可以去局里 |
[37:34] | – and make a statement if you want. – But he didn’t… | – 做个证明 – 但他没… |
[37:35] | Sir! That’s all I’m saying! | 先生!没什么好说的了! |
[37:37] | Now, step back, or we’re gonna take you in, too. | 现在,退后 否则我们连你一起抓 |
[37:40] | Where are you taking him? | 你们要把他带到哪? |
[37:42] | 10th Precinct. | 第10区 |
[37:43] | Walter, take the drum. | 沃尔特,拿着鼓 |
[37:45] | Tell Zainab what happened, but don’t let her come. | 跟载那尔布说一下 但别让她来 |
[37:47] | I will call you. | 我会打电话给你 |
[37:51] | Don’t let her come. | 别让她来 |
[38:08] | [door opens] | |
[38:17] | [door closes] | |
[38:18] | Where’s Tarek? | 塔雷克呢? |
[38:19] | [sigh] | |
[38:21] | He was arrested. | 他被抓了 |
[38:24] | What? | 什么? |
[38:25] | Yes. | 是的 |
[38:27] | In the subway. | 在地铁里 |
[38:28] | Arrested? | 被抓? |
[38:30] | It was just a misunderstanding. | 这只是个误会 |
[38:32] | They said he’d be released later tonight. | 他们说晚点他就能出来了 |
[38:38] | How could this happen? | 怎么会这样? |
[38:40] | He knows better. He wouldn’t do anything wrong. | 他很守法 不会做什么错事的 |
[38:43] | No, he didn’t. | 不,他没做 |
[38:44] | He didn’t. | 没有 |
[38:46] | I’m sure it’ll be okay. | 我保证会没事的 |
[38:49] | No, it won’t be okay. | 不,不会没事的 |
[38:51] | No, I went down to the precinct and made a statement. | 不会,我去过那里把事情都说清楚了 |
[38:54] | That doesn’t matter. | 不是这个问题 |
[38:56] | We are illegal. | 我们是非法移民 |
[38:58] | We are not citizens. | 我们不是合法居民 |
[39:00] | And when they find out, they’re going to… | 等他们发现了,他们就会… |
[39:03] | Excuse me. | 对不起 |
[39:11] | [door slams] | |
[39:27] | Well? | 怎么样了? |
[39:28] | They moved him. | 他被送走了 |
[39:29] | To where? | 转到哪? |
[39:30] | To a detention center in Queens. | 昆斯区的拘留中心 |
[39:32] | He was turned over to Immigration. | 他被移交给移民局了 |
[39:34] | They said we can see him tomorrow night. | 他们说我们明晚可以去看他 |
[39:37] | Visiting hours are 5 to 10. | 探访时间是5点到10点 |
[39:39] | I cannot visit that place. | 我不能去那 |
[39:41] | I’ll end up there, too. | 去了我也完了 |
[40:08] | Zainab? | 载那尔布? |
[40:12] | Yes. | 嗯 |
[40:13] | I brought some Chinese food home, if you’d like to eat. | 我带了些中国菜回来,你要吃吗 |
[40:16] | Oh, no, thank you. I’m not hungry. | 哦,不,谢谢,我不饿 |
[40:18] | Okay. Well, if you change your mind, I’ll leave some in the fridge. | 好吧,我会给你留一点 如果你想吃了,可以去冰箱里拿 |
[40:22] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[40:25] | Have you heard from Tarek? | 有塔雷克的消息吗? |
[40:27] | No. Not yet. | 还没 |
[40:29] | Oh. Well… | 哦,好吧… |
[40:32] | I made an appointment with an immigration attorney | 我约了一个移民方面的律师 |
[40:34] | for tomorrow morning at 11. | 明天早上11点见面 |
[40:35] | No. We can’t afford that. | 不,我们付不起 |
[40:37] | That’s okay. | 不用担心钱 |
[40:42] | Thank you, Walter. | 谢谢,沃尔特 |
[40:46] | Walter. | 沃尔特 |
[40:50] | I was in detention… | 我被拘留过… |
[40:53] | when I first arrived, for five months. | 我第一次来的时候,被拘留了五个月 |
[40:58] | How did you get out? | 你怎么出来的? |
[40:59] | They… closed the facility and released some of the women. | 他们…关了那个机构 把一些女人放了 |
[41:05] | They didn’t release any of the men. | 男人一个都没放 |
[41:09] | We’ll get him out. | 我们会把他弄出来的 |
[41:13] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[41:14] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[42:18] | [Man] Okay. | 好的 |
[42:20] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[42:24] | Okay. | 好的 |
[42:26] | Sir, that detainee has been moved. | 先生,拘留犯被送走了 |
[42:28] | He was here yesterday. | 他昨天还在这 |
[42:30] | Well, he’s not here now. That’s all I know. | 现在他不在这了 我就知道这些 |
[42:31] | You can call I.C. The number’s on the wall. | 你可以打电话给移民中心 墙上有电话号码 |
[42:34] | Where? | 哪里? |
[42:35] | On the wall by the phone and the water fountain. | 电话机和饮水机那的墙上 |
[42:38] | Next. | 下一个 |
[42:40] | Sir, step aside, please. | 先生,请让一下 |
[42:47] | Hi. I’m here to see Tarek Khalil. | 嗨,我来这找塔雷克 卡哈利 |
[42:50] | Have you been here before? | 你以前来过吗? |
[42:52] | No, sir. | 没有,先生 |
[42:54] | [Man] Hello? | 喂? |
[42:55] | May I see your driver’s license, please? | 可以看看你的驾驶证吗? |
[42:58] | [Man] Yes, it is. Um… | 好的,呃… |
[42:59] | the one you… | 这个你… |
[43:01] | [speaking in foreign language] | |
[43:03] | [speaking in foreign language] | |
[43:08] | [buzz] | |
[43:19] | [door opens] | |
[43:50] | [buzz] | |
[43:57] | [Woman] Hi, papito. | 嗨,巴比托 |
[43:59] | [girl laughs] | |
[44:00] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[44:05] | Walter. Thank you for coming. | 沃尔特,谢谢你来看我 |
[44:06] | Of course. | 不客气 |
[44:09] | How is Zainab? | 载那尔布怎么样? |
[44:11] | She’s upset. Um… | 她很担心,嗯… |
[44:13] | I have a… a letter from her. | 我有…一封她的信 |
[44:16] | Oh, you can’t give it to me. | 哦,你没法给我 |
[44:17] | It has to be sent to me by mail. | 只能邮寄给我 |
[44:21] | Oh. | 哦 |
[44:22] | But… But you can put it up to the glass. | 不过…不过你可以把它贴在玻璃上 |
[44:25] | Go ahead. Open it up | 快,把信展开 |
[44:26] | and press it up to the glass so I can read it. | 然后按在玻璃上 这样我就能看了 |
[44:29] | [door closes] | |
[44:30] | It’s okay. It’s allowed. | 没事,这是允许的 |
[44:44] | [Woman] You want to say hello to papá> | 跟爸爸问声好 |
[44:46] | [cries] | |
[44:49] | – Oh… – [squeals and laughs] | 哦… |
[44:57] | Thank you, Walter. | 谢谢,沃尔特 |
[45:02] | So how are they treating you? | 他们对你怎么样? |
[45:05] | It’s very depressing here. | 这里很压抑 |
[45:10] | There’s no privacy. | 没有隐私 |
[45:11] | The lights are always on. | 灯火通明 |
[45:13] | You need anything? | 你需要什么吗? |
[45:14] | No. I just want to get out of here. | 没,我只想离开这里 |
[45:18] | Well… Zainab and I met with a lawyer today. | 嗯…载那尔布和我今天去见了一个律师 |
[45:21] | Yes? What did he say? | 是吗?他怎么说? |
[45:23] | Well, he’s… he’s gonna stop by tomorrow and see you. | 嗯…他…他明天会过来看你 |
[45:28] | Tarek. Zainab said that you were denied asylum. | 塔雷克,载那尔布说你拒绝去救济所 |
[45:33] | You mean when we came here? | 你是说我们来这时? |
[45:35] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[45:36] | Did you go to your deportation hearing? | 驱境听证会你去了没? |
[45:39] | Yeah. | 去了 |
[45:40] | In Michigan. | 在密歇根 |
[45:42] | Yeah. We did everything they told us to. | 他们说的我们全做了 |
[45:43] | Okay. | 好的 |
[45:47] | Let’s go, man. You gotta get off. | 走吧,伙计,你该走了 |
[45:48] | Bed count. | 点名了 |
[45:50] | I have to go. | 我得走了 |
[45:51] | They have to do a bed count. | 他们要点名了 |
[45:54] | Usually, I can visit for one hour. | 平时我有一个小时的会客时间 |
[45:56] | Could you come tomorrow? | 明天能来吗? |
[45:57] | – I will. Yeah. – Good. | – 可以 – 好的 |
[45:59] | Good-bye, my friend. | 再见,朋友 |
[46:01] | Good-bye. | 再见 |
[46:13] | [indistinct chatter] | |
[46:14] | I’ll see you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[46:15] | [Woman] Okay. Bye. | 好的,再见 |
[46:22] | Walter, I’m going to leave now. | 沃尔特,我现在得走了 |
[46:25] | I have a cousin who lives in the Bronx. | 我有个堂兄住在布朗克斯 |
[46:28] | I’m going to go stay with him for now. | 我打算暂时住他那 |
[46:31] | You don’t have to go. You can stay here. | 你不必走 你可以留下 |
[46:34] | I think it’s better I leave. | 我想还是走比较好 |
[46:37] | Um… you know how to reach me if you need to. | 呃…在必要的时候 你知道怎么找到我 |
[46:44] | Is it okay if I leave Tarek’s things here for now? | 我暂时把塔雷克的东西留在这可以吗? |
[46:48] | Uh, my cousin’s place is… not very big. | 呃…我堂兄的房子…不怎么大 |
[46:54] | Yes, of course. | 当然可以 |
[46:57] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[47:09] | [phone rings] | |
[47:14] | [ring] | |
[47:18] | – [ring] – [clears throat] | |
[47:20] | Hello? | 喂? |
[47:22] | Oh. Hi, Charles. | 哦,嗨,查尔斯 |
[47:25] | Oh. Wait. I’m sorry. Wha… What? | 哦,等等,不好意思,什…什么? |
[47:29] | Yeah. The conference went very well. | 对,会议很顺利 |
[47:31] | Yes. | 对 |
[47:32] | No, uh, actually, I’m still in New York, and I’m doing some research for my book. | 不,呃,事实上,我还在纽约 为我的书做些调查 |
[47:36] | Why? | 为什么? |
[47:38] | [sigh] When’s the meeting? | 会什么时候开? |
[47:40] | Wha… | 什… |
[47:42] | Oh. Okay. | 哦,好的 |
[47:43] | All right. I… I’ll, um… | 好吧,我…我会,嗯… |
[47:45] | I’ll leave first thing tomorrow. | 明天一大早我就离开 |
[47:48] | Yeah. I’ll see you at 3. Bye. | 好的,三点见,再见 |
[47:50] | [speaking in foreign language] | |
[47:55] | [door opens] | |
[47:56] | [door closes] | |
[47:58] | [buzz] | |
[48:00] | I thought you said you went to the hearing. | 你说过你去了听证会 |
[48:02] | We did. I remember it. | 是的,我记得 |
[48:04] | Well, then why is there a final order out on you? | 那为什么有一份对你的裁决? |
[48:07] | He didn’t know yet. He just said | 他也不知道,他只是说 |
[48:08] | that unless they can find a way to reopen the case quickly, | 除非他们有办法尽快重审这案子 |
[48:11] | they’re going to deport me. | 不然就会把我驱逐出境 |
[48:13] | [door closes] | |
[48:14] | I don’t even understand it. | 我根本不明白 |
[48:17] | Walter, there are guys who have been in here for years. | 沃尔特,有人在这呆了好几年 |
[48:20] | I can’t do that, Walter. I’ll go crazy. | 我不行,沃尔特,我会疯掉的 |
[48:21] | He’s trying to deal with the case as quickly as possible. | 他会尽快处理这个案子的 |
[48:25] | I know. I know. It’s… | 我知道,我知道,只是… |
[48:27] | It’s just… | 只是… |
[48:28] | [sigh] | |
[48:29] | Look, maybe we should call your mother. | 听着,也许我们该给你母亲打个电话 |
[48:32] | No. No. I don’t want her to worry. | 不,不,我不想让她担心 |
[48:37] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[48:42] | Tarek, um… | 塔雷克,嗯… |
[48:45] | I have to go back to Connecticut. | 我得回康涅狄格了 |
[48:47] | When? | 什么时候? |
[48:48] | Tomorrow. | 明天 |
[48:50] | But I’ll be reachable by phone if you need anything. | 不过你有什么需要 都可以打电话给我 |
[48:52] | And I’ll be back to visit. It’s not far. | 我会马上回来,反正不远 |
[48:55] | Okay. | 好的 |
[48:57] | Just please… | 只是… |
[48:58] | don’t forget about me in here. | 别忘了我还在这里 |
[49:00] | No, I won’t. | 我不会忘的 |
[49:05] | So have you been practicing? | 你还在练习吗? |
[49:07] | Yes. | 对的 |
[49:09] | You should go back to the drum circle. | 你该回到打鼓的圈子去 |
[49:11] | No. | 不 |
[49:14] | Okay, but listen to that Fela CD. That will help you. | 好吧,不过听听菲拉的CD 对你有帮助的 |
[49:17] | – I promise. – I will. I will. | – 我保证 – 我会的,会的 |
[49:21] | So show me what you… you’ve been working on. | 给我看看…你最近的练习成果 |
[49:24] | What? | 什么? |
[49:25] | Show me. Why not? | 展示给我看看,为什么不呢? |
[49:27] | Here? | 在这? |
[49:28] | Come on. I need some music, man. | 来呀,我需要点音乐,伙计 |
[49:32] | Don’t worry. They can’t arrest you. | 别担心,他们不会抓你的 |
[49:34] | At least, not yet. | 至少现在不会 |
[49:37] | Mmm… | 嗯… |
[49:38] | Come on. | 来呀 |
[49:39] | [beating out rhythm] | |
[49:41] | [continues beating out rhythm] | |
[49:52] | [continues beating rhythm] | |
[50:01] | Good. | 很好 |
[50:02] | [beating in unison] | |
[50:07] | Oh, no. An elbow. [laughs] | 哦,不,胳膊肘 |
[50:14] | [knock on door] | |
[50:20] | [knock knock] | |
[50:32] | Hello. | 你好 |
[50:33] | Oh, I’m sorry. I must’ve got | 哦,很抱歉,我一定… |
[50:34] | – the wrong apartment. – Can I help you? | – 走错房间了 – 要帮忙吗? |
[50:37] | I’m looking for my son. | 我在找我的儿子 |
[50:38] | Excuse me. | 打扰了 |
[50:40] | Uh, are… are you Tarek’s mother? | 呃,你…你是塔雷克的母亲? |
[50:44] | Yes. | 是的 |
[50:45] | Well, this is Tarek’s apartment. | 这就是塔雷克的家 |
[50:48] | I j… | 我… |
[50:49] | I share the apartment with him. | 我和他一起合住 |
[50:53] | He didn’t mention that he lived with someone. | 他没说过跟人合住 |
[50:56] | Well, I’m not here very often. | 我不太住这里 |
[50:57] | I… I live in Connecticut. | 我…我住在康涅狄格 |
[51:00] | Is Tarek here? | 塔雷克在吗? |
[51:03] | No. He’s not here now. | 不,他现在不在 |
[51:05] | Uh, come in… please. | 呃,请…进来吧 |
[51:10] | Please. | 请 |
[51:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[51:22] | Oh, my name is Walter. Walter Vale. | 哦,我叫沃尔特,沃尔特 威尔 |
[51:25] | I’m… I’m Mouna Khalil. | 我…我叫摩那 卡哈利 |
[51:26] | I’m sorry to show up unannounced. | 很抱歉没有通知就来了 |
[51:30] | My son hasn’t called me for five days. | 我儿子五天没给我打过电话了 |
[51:31] | I keep trying his cell phone, but he doesn’t answer. | 我一直打他的手机 可他不接 |
[51:36] | Would you like to sit down? | 先进去坐吧 |
[51:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[51:56] | Mr. Vale? | 威尔先生? |
[51:58] | Is my son all right? | 我儿子还好吧? |
[51:59] | Yes. | 是的 |
[52:02] | He’s been arrested. | 他被抓了 |
[52:05] | He’s being held in a detention center. | 关在拘留中心 |
[52:09] | Where? | 哪里的? |
[52:10] | In Queens. | 昆斯区 |
[52:11] | Uh, they’re tying to deport him. | 呃,他们打算把他驱逐出境 |
[52:18] | How did this happen? | 怎么会这样? |
[52:19] | He was stopped in a subway station. | 他在地铁站被拦下了 |
[52:22] | Uh… he didn’t… didn’t do anything wrong. | 呃…他没…没做什么错事 |
[52:28] | I’d like to go there, to Queens. | 我要去那里,昆斯区 |
[52:32] | Okay. | 好的 |
[52:34] | But, Mrs. Khalil, um, the lawyer m… | 但是,卡哈利夫人,嗯,律师… |
[52:38] | Uh, I just don’t think it’s possible for you… | 呃,我只是觉得您不能… |
[52:40] | Mr. Vale, I know I cannot visit Tarek. | 威尔先生,我明白自己不能去看塔雷克 |
[52:44] | I just want to see the place where they’re holding him. | 我只是想看看他被拘留的地方 |
[52:49] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[52:51] | I can take you there. | 我可以带你去那 |
[52:52] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[52:56] | Could we go now? | 现在就能去吗? |
[52:59] | ## [Oriental] | |
[53:17] | So have you been to New York before, Mrs. Khalil? | 以前来过纽约吗,卡哈利夫人? |
[53:19] | No. Tarek wanted to come to New York to play music. | 没有,塔雷克想来纽约玩音乐 |
[53:24] | I did not want him to, but… | 我不想让他来,但… |
[53:27] | Do you have any children, Mr. Vale? | 你有孩子吗,威尔先生? |
[53:28] | A son. He lives in London. | 一个儿子,他在伦敦 |
[53:31] | And your wife? | 你妻子呢? |
[53:33] | My wife passed away. | 她过世了 |
[53:35] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[53:43] | That’s it. | 到了 |
[53:45] | – This is where the prison is? – Mm-hmm. | – 监狱就在这? – 嗯嗯 |
[53:48] | It doesn’t look like a prison. | 一点都不像监狱 |
[53:50] | I think that’s the point. | 没错 |
[53:54] | How many people are in there? | 里面有多少人? |
[53:56] | Tarek said about 300. | 塔雷克说大概有300个 |
[53:59] | There’s, uh… | 那,呃… |
[54:01] | There’s a coffee shop on that corner. | 转角处有个咖啡店 |
[54:02] | – It’s not very nice. – I’ll wait there. | – 环境不怎么样 – 我在那里等 |
[54:41] | Walter. I thought you were leaving. | 沃尔特,你不是走了嘛 |
[54:43] | I was. | 本来是的 |
[54:46] | Tarek, your mother is here. | 塔雷克,你的母亲来了 |
[54:48] | What? My mother? Where? | 什么?我妈妈?哪里? |
[54:50] | She’s waiting outside. | 她等在外面 |
[54:54] | When did she arrive? | 她什么时候来的? |
[54:55] | Today. | 今天 |
[54:56] | Man. Why did she come? | 伙计,她为什么要来? |
[54:58] | She can do nothing for me. | 她帮不了我 |
[54:59] | Well, she said she hadn’t heard from you. | 她说一直没有你的消息 |
[55:04] | Walter, listen to me. | 沃尔特,听我说 |
[55:06] | She… She can’t stay here. | 她…她不能呆在这 |
[55:08] | She doesn’t know anyone in New York. | 她在纽约没有认识的人 |
[55:10] | I’m sorry, but you must get her to go back to Michigan. | 很抱歉,但你必须让她回密歇根去 |
[55:14] | Okay. Okay, I’ll try. | 好吧,好吧,我会尽力 |
[55:17] | Thank you, Walter. | 谢谢,沃尔特 |
[55:18] | [sigh] | |
[55:20] | I have a note from her. | 她有张条子给你 |
[55:39] | Need anything else? | 还要点什么吗? |
[55:41] | No, thank you. | 不了,谢谢 – 你从哪里来? – 我是巴基斯坦人,但来自大马士革 啊,我知道,我来自埃及的亚历山大 – 我叫纳斯木,愿意为您效劳 – 谢谢 你来这里做什么? – 我来找我儿子 – 他被拘留了? 那不是个好地方,我很幸运 拿到了绿卡 他们是看守你儿子的人 每天都来,从不给小费 别担心,他们听不懂我们说的 |
[56:27] | Hello, sir. | 你好,先生 |
[56:28] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[56:32] | How is he? | 他怎么样了? |
[56:33] | Oh, he’s good. He’s good. | 哦,他很好,他很好 |
[56:35] | Um… but… | 嗯…但是… |
[56:37] | he’s very concerned about you being here. | 他很担心你在这 |
[56:41] | I will not leave. | 我不会走的 |
[56:44] | [sigh] | |
[56:45] | Mrs. Khalil, I don’t… I don’t think | 卡哈利夫人,我不…不觉得 |
[56:48] | your being in New York will do any good | 你呆在纽约会有什么帮助 |
[56:49] | because we have a very good lawyer working on Tarek’s… | 我们有很好的律师为塔雷克的… |
[56:51] | Mr. Vale. | 威尔先生 |
[56:53] | I will not go back to Michigan | 知道自己儿子关在那里 |
[56:55] | knowing that my son is in that building. | 我怎么可能会回密歇根去 |
[56:59] | Even if I can’t see him… | 即使我无法见他… |
[57:02] | I will stay here. | 我也会呆在这 |
[57:10] | Shall we go? | 我们可以走了么? – 茶我请了 – 谢谢 |
[57:15] | Uh madame? | 呃,女士? 这是你的律师还是你的丈夫? |
[57:23] | Bye. | 再见 下次见,上帝保佑您 |
[57:29] | [door closes] | |
[57:32] | Mr. Vale? | 威尔先生? |
[57:35] | I’m leaving now. | 我得走了 |
[57:36] | Thank you for your help. | 谢谢你的帮助 |
[57:38] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪? |
[57:41] | I’ll find a hotel. | 找一个旅馆 |
[57:42] | You can stay here. You can use Tarek’s room. | 你可以住在塔雷克的房间 |
[57:46] | Thank you for your offer, but I cannot accept it. | 谢谢你的好意 不过我不能接受 |
[57:49] | I don’t want to impose on you. | 我不想打扰你 |
[57:51] | You’re not imposing. | 不会的 |
[57:52] | Please. I would like you to stay. | 我希望您能留下 |
[57:56] | Thank you. | 非常谢谢 |
[57:58] | But I will manage. | 我会自己想办法的 |
[58:04] | Good-bye. | 再见 |
[58:05] | Good-bye. | 再见 |
[58:07] | [door opens] | |
[58:12] | [door closes] | |
[58:21] | [door opens] | |
[58:23] | Um… Mrs… Mrs. Khalil? | 呃…夫人…卡哈利夫人? |
[58:27] | Please. | 请别走 |
[58:30] | I was with Tarek when he was arrested. | 塔雷克被抓时我也在场 |
[58:32] | He was in the subway in the first place because of me. | 当时在地铁站 这事我也有责任 |
[58:35] | So… | 所以… |
[58:37] | please. | 请别走 |
[58:39] | Even if it’s just for one night. | 就算只待一个晚上也好 |
[58:47] | [door closes] | |
[58:54] | Um, the bathroom is across the hall. | 嗯,洗手间在走廊那边 |
[58:57] | Thank you, Mr. Vale. | 谢谢,威尔先生 |
[58:58] | [sigh] No. Call me Walter. | 不用客气,叫我沃尔特就行了 |
[59:01] | And I’m Mouna. | 那么叫我摩那 |
[59:04] | So… do you need anything else? | 还需要什么吗? |
[59:06] | No, thank you. | 不了,谢谢 |
[59:08] | Well… good night. | 那…晚安 |
[59:10] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[59:39] | [Mouna speaking in foreign language] | |
[59:43] | [Mouna continues] | |
[59:50] | Okay? | 好吗? |
[59:52] | [continues in foreign language] | |
[59:56] | Bye. | 再见 |
[1:00:09] | Oh. Good morning. | 哦,早上好 |
[1:00:11] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[1:00:12] | Mmhh… | 嗯… |
[1:00:18] | Tarek says hello. | 塔雷克向你问好 |
[1:00:21] | How is he? | 他怎么样? |
[1:00:22] | I can’t really tell. | 我不知道怎么说 |
[1:00:27] | He wants me to leave. | 他要我离开 但我不会走 |
[1:00:33] | Well… you’re welcome to stay here as long as you need to. | 嗯…你想住多久都没问题 |
[1:00:36] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:00:37] | That’s very generous of you. | 你真慷慨 |
[1:00:39] | Well… thank you for the paper. | 嗯…谢谢你的报纸 |
[1:00:42] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[1:01:02] | Do you spend a lot of time in the city? | 你常住在城里? |
[1:01:05] | No, no. Not really. | 不,不,不常住 |
[1:01:07] | I’m just here presenting a paper at a conference. | 我只是来这参加一个会议 读一下论文 |
[1:01:11] | Well… | 嗯… |
[1:01:12] | You wrote it? | 你写的? |
[1:01:13] | Mm-hmm. | 嗯嗯 |
[1:01:16] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[1:01:21] | I co-authored it, really. | 其实是和别人一起写的 |
[1:01:30] | And what happened after the hearing? | 听证会后发生了什么? |
[1:01:33] | We appealed. It took two years. | 我们上诉了,花了两年时间 |
[1:01:35] | And your appeal was denied? | 你们的上诉被驳回了? |
[1:01:36] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:01:38] | And did they send you your bag-and-baggage letter? | 他们有没有寄信给你 连同你的东西一起? |
[1:01:40] | – No. – What’s that? | – 没有 – 那是什么? |
[1:01:42] | Basically, it tells you where to show up and be deported. | 基本上这封信会告诉你 驱逐出境的地点 |
[1:01:45] | But you didn’t receive it? | 可你没收到? |
[1:01:47] | No. I would remember this. | 没有,如果有我应该记得 |
[1:01:49] | Did you move? | 你有没有搬家? |
[1:01:51] | Eventually, we had to. | 最后我们不得不搬 |
[1:01:52] | But we had our mail advanced. | 不过搬之前我们检查过所有信件 |
[1:01:55] | Is it possible that it just never got there? | 会不会信根本没寄到那? |
[1:01:58] | Yeah, it’s happened before. | 也许,以前有过 |
[1:01:59] | And pre-9/11, it wasn’t much of a priority trackin’ people down, | 911之前,移民没有抓得这么紧 |
[1:02:02] | but if you got it and you just ignored it, then there’s nothing I can do. | 不过要是你收到了而不说 那我就帮不了你了 |
[1:02:08] | So… you can help him. | 这么说…你能帮他 |
[1:02:10] | I’m gonna try. | 我尽力 |
[1:02:12] | But you should know it’s still a long shot. | 不过你得知道成功机会不大 |
[1:02:14] | The government’s approach has changed radically. | 政府对移民的策略已完全改变 |
[1:02:15] | It’s very black and white now. | 现在要黑白分明地多 |
[1:02:17] | Either you belong, or you don’t. | 要么是居民,要么不是 |
[1:02:18] | Tarek’s lucky. Most of them don’t even have lawyers. | 塔雷克很走运 大多数人甚至都没有律师 |
[1:02:21] | Lucky. | 走运 |
[1:02:22] | Relatively speaking. | 相对而言 |
[1:02:24] | We just have to move quickly | 我们得赶快行动 |
[1:02:26] | to get an emergency stay, and then we’ll stick with a motion | 尽快弄到紧急居住证 然后我们就能 |
[1:02:28] | – to reopen, pending his green card application. – [ring] | 重新申请绿卡 |
[1:02:29] | [Man] Yeah? | 喂? |
[1:02:32] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:02:33] | [hangs up phone] | |
[1:02:34] | Can you explain what that means, please? | 请你解释下好吗? |
[1:02:36] | Actually, I don’t have the time right now. | 可我现在没时间 |
[1:02:38] | I’m sorry. I have to be in court very shortly. | 很抱歉 我得马上赶去法院 |
[1:02:40] | How long will he be in detention? | 他会拘留多久? |
[1:02:42] | I can’t predict that. I am sorry, but I am gonna have to wrap this up. | 说不准,很抱歉 不过我会尽力的 |
[1:02:45] | Do you have any children, Mr. Shah? | 你有孩子吗,莎哈先生? |
[1:02:50] | Yeah. Two kids. | 有两个孩子 |
[1:02:53] | And for what it’s worth, my uncle was deported | 不管值不值得 我叔叔也是被驱逐的 |
[1:02:54] | after raising a family here for 23 years. | 他在这23年了,还有了家庭 |
[1:02:58] | If I can get your son out… I will. | 如果能把你儿子弄出来… 我一定会的 |
[1:03:02] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:03:08] | Where are you from? | 你从哪里来? |
[1:03:10] | Queens. | 昆斯区 |
[1:03:13] | [Mouna] Which one is she? | 她是哪个? |
[1:03:15] | [Walter] The one closest to us. | 离我们最近的那个 |
[1:03:16] | That black woman? | 那个黑人? |
[1:03:18] | Mm-hmm. | 是啊 |
[1:03:19] | That is Zainab? | 那是载那尔布? |
[1:03:20] | Mm-hmm. | 是的 |
[1:03:23] | She’s very black. | 她真黑 |
[1:03:25] | Mm-hmm. | 是啊 |
[1:03:35] | Zainab. | 载那尔布 |
[1:03:37] | Oh. Hi, Walter. | 哦,嗨,沃尔特 |
[1:03:39] | Uh, Zainab, this is Mouna Khalil… | 啊,载那尔布,这是摩那 卡哈利… |
[1:03:41] | Tarek’s mother. | 塔雷克的妈妈 |
[1:03:43] | – Oh… – Hello, Zainab. | – 哦… – 你好,载那尔布 |
[1:03:44] | Oh, I… | 哦,我… |
[1:03:45] | It’s a pleasure to meet you, Mrs. Khalil. | 很高兴见到您,卡哈利夫人 |
[1:03:48] | You, too. | 我也是 |
[1:03:50] | Uh… I’m s… I’m sorry. | 呃…我…很抱歉 |
[1:03:52] | I… I didn’t know you were coming. | 我…我不知道您会来 |
[1:03:54] | Neither did I. | 我也是 |
[1:04:00] | Your jewelry is very nice. | 你的首饰很漂亮 |
[1:04:02] | Oh. [chuckles] | 哦 |
[1:04:03] | Oh, thank you. | 哦,谢谢 |
[1:04:06] | [chuckles] | |
[1:04:08] | Do you think we can go out for a cup of tea sometime? | 有空一起出去喝茶吧? |
[1:04:10] | Oh… yeah. | 哦…好的 |
[1:04:12] | We could go right now. | 现在就可以去 |
[1:04:14] | I… I am… I’m just watching Zev’s table, | 我…我… 我在帮则福看摊子 |
[1:04:17] | but I… um… | 可我…呃… |
[1:04:19] | I just need to… find someone to… | 我只要找…找个人… |
[1:04:30] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[1:04:31] | Hi. | 你好 |
[1:04:36] | [Woman] Is it a necklace? | 这是项链? |
[1:04:37] | [Man] I think so. | 我想是的 |
[1:04:40] | [Woman] I like that one in the front. | 我喜欢前面那条 |
[1:04:43] | Um… | 嗯… |
[1:04:46] | It’s all handmade. | 都是手工制作的 |
[1:04:48] | Ooh. | 哇 |
[1:04:51] | I’ve lived here for two years, | 我在这两年了 |
[1:04:54] | and I was in France for a year before that. | 之前一年我在法国 |
[1:04:57] | Do you miss home? | 你想家吗? |
[1:04:59] | Yes, sometimes. | 有时候 |
[1:05:02] | But I don’t want to live there. | 但我不想回去 |
[1:05:06] | Do you miss Syria? | 想念叙利亚吗? |
[1:05:09] | Sometimes, too. | 有时候会 |
[1:05:12] | I miss Damascus… | 我想念大马士革… |
[1:05:14] | the smell. | 那个味道 |
[1:05:17] | But this is my home now. | 不过现在这里是我的家 |
[1:05:21] | When did you meet Walter? | 你和沃尔特什么时候认识的? |
[1:05:23] | Walter? Uh… | 沃尔特?呃… |
[1:05:25] | about ten days ago. | 大概十天前 |
[1:05:28] | Ten days? That’s all? | 十天?才十天? |
[1:05:30] | Mm-hmm. | 嗯嗯 |
[1:05:33] | How did you meet him? | 你怎么认识他的? |
[1:05:35] | Uh… | 呃… |
[1:05:37] | through Tarek’s friend. | 塔雷克的朋友介绍的 |
[1:05:39] | Ivan. That’s how we ended up living there. | 他叫伊凡 是他把房子租给我们的 |
[1:05:41] | You live there, too? | 你也住那? |
[1:05:44] | Just for a little while. | 住了没多少时间 |
[1:05:47] | Oh. | 哦 |
[1:05:55] | So… have you spoken to Tarek? | 那…你和塔雷克谈过了? |
[1:05:58] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:06:00] | He called me this morning. | 早上他打电话给我了 |
[1:06:01] | He sounded in a good spirit. | 听上去他心情不错 |
[1:06:05] | I was so afraid this was going to happen. | 我就怕这样 |
[1:06:09] | Tarek used to tease me that I worry too much. | 塔雷克总取笑我过于多虑 |
[1:06:11] | But now… | 但现在… |
[1:06:15] | I just don’t know what to do. | 我不知道该怎么办 |
[1:06:19] | I miss him so much. | 我很想他 |
[1:06:23] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[1:06:29] | Zainab. | 载那尔布 |
[1:06:31] | I’d like you to do something for me. | 能不能帮我个忙 |
[1:06:33] | I’d like you to show me something you and Tarek like to do, | 我想知道你和塔雷克喜欢做些什么 |
[1:06:37] | somewhere you like to go. | 喜欢去什么地方 |
[1:06:40] | Like what? | 比如说? |
[1:06:43] | Whatever you like. | 随便什么都可以 |
[1:06:44] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:06:47] | [chuckling] Okay. | 好 |
[1:07:04] | So what is in Staten Island? | 史坦顿岛都有些什么? |
[1:07:07] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:07:08] | We would just go there and then come back. | 我们只是坐船过去 然后就回来了 |
[1:07:10] | We never got off. | 我们没下过船 |
[1:07:11] | Why? | 为什么呢? |
[1:07:14] | It was free. | 坐船是免费的 |
[1:07:15] | We felt like we were going somewhere. | 感觉像到了某个地方 |
[1:07:19] | Oh. That’s where the Twin Towers were. | 哦,那里以前是世贸中心的姐妹楼 |
[1:07:22] | I never saw them, but… Tarek did. | 我从没见过,不过…塔雷克见过 |
[1:07:26] | Oh. And… | 哦,还有… |
[1:07:27] | there’s the Statue. | 自由女神像 |
[1:07:29] | And behind that is Ellis Island. | 后面就是埃利斯岛 |
[1:07:32] | Sometimes Tarek would point at the Statue and jump up and down | 有时塔雷克会指着女神像 跳上跳下 |
[1:07:36] | like we’re arriving in New York for the first time. | 就好像我们第一次来纽约 |
[1:07:40] | It was very funny. [laughs] | 很有意思 |
[1:07:45] | Can you go up in the Statue? | 可以爬上女神像吗? |
[1:07:47] | Oh, yeah. | 哦,可以 |
[1:07:49] | I think so. | 我想可以 |
[1:07:51] | You haven’t been there? | 你没去过? |
[1:07:52] | No. | 没有 |
[1:07:53] | Never? | 从没? |
[1:07:54] | Nope. | 是的 |
[1:07:55] | – Oh. – [cell phone rings] | 哦 |
[1:07:58] | – Excuse me. – [ring] | 抱歉 |
[1:07:59] | Hello? | 喂? |
[1:08:01] | Hey, Charles. | 嗨,查尔斯 |
[1:08:03] | What’s that? | 怎么了 |
[1:08:04] | Um, yeah. I’m still in New York. | 嗯,是的,我还在纽约 |
[1:08:09] | I’m sorry, Charles. I couldn’t make it back yesterday. | 对不起,查尔斯 昨天我回不来 |
[1:08:13] | I said I couldn’t make it back! | 我说我昨天回不来 |
[1:08:15] | Well, I’m on a boat. | 我在船上 |
[1:08:18] | A boat! | 船上! |
[1:08:19] | Listen, Charles, I’ll explain it to you when I see you. | 听着,查尔斯 回来我会跟你解释的 |
[1:08:22] | But I have to go now, so I’ll call you back. | 我得挂了 我会打给你的 |
[1:08:23] | Bye. | 再见 |
[1:08:36] | [Tarek] You went on the ferry? | 你去坐渡船了? |
[1:08:37] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:08:38] | [chuckling] No. | 不会吧 |
[1:08:40] | – My mother, too? – She liked it. | – 我妈也去了? – 她很喜欢 |
[1:08:44] | You know that they don’t even have an outside space here. | 你知道她们在这 甚至都没去过什么地方 |
[1:08:47] | They just have a room with its roof cut out. | 只有周围一小块地方 |
[1:08:49] | Really? | 真的? |
[1:08:51] | Some crazy stuff, man. | 吃惊吧 |
[1:08:55] | And they seemed to get along… | 她们相处得很好… |
[1:08:56] | Zainab and my mother? | 载那尔布和我妈? |
[1:08:57] | Yes. I think your mother likes her very much. | 是的,我觉得你妈妈很喜欢她 |
[1:09:03] | My mother’s not going home, is she? | 我妈不打算回去,对吧? |
[1:09:05] | I don’t think so. | 我想是的 |
[1:09:09] | I know she’s thinking about my father. | 我知道她在想我的父亲 |
[1:09:12] | Why? | 为什么? |
[1:09:15] | He spent seven years in jail in Syria | 他在叙利亚坐了七年牢 |
[1:09:17] | because of something he wrote in the newspaper. | 只是因为他在报上写了些东西 |
[1:09:20] | By the time they released him, he was very sick. | 他被放出来的时候 已经病得很重了 |
[1:09:26] | [Tarek] He died two months later. | 两个月后他就过世了 |
[1:09:28] | That’s why we moved here. | 所以我们才会搬来这 |
[1:09:34] | Would you like a glass of wine? | 要来杯酒吗? |
[1:09:35] | No, thank you. | 不了,谢谢 |
[1:09:43] | [wine pouring] | |
[1:09:48] | Mouna. Um… | 摩那,嗯… |
[1:09:50] | I need to go back to Connecticut tomorrow, for work. I told Tarek. | 我明天得回康涅狄格去工作了 我跟塔雷克说过了 |
[1:09:55] | How long will you be gone? | 你会去多久? |
[1:09:57] | Um, I don’t know yet. I… | 嗯,还不清楚,我… |
[1:10:00] | I’ll try to get back and visit him as soon as I can. | 我会尽快回来看他的 |
[1:10:05] | Walter, you don’t have to keep visiting him. | 沃尔特,你不必一直这么费心 |
[1:10:08] | I’m sure you’re busy. | 你肯定很忙 |
[1:10:13] | I’ll see what I can do. | 我会尽力而为的 |
[1:10:21] | Dinner will be ready soon. | 晚饭马上好了 |
[1:10:22] | Oh. Okay. | 哦,好的 |
[1:10:37] | Walter. Do you go to Broadway? | 沃尔特,你去过百老汇吗? |
[1:10:41] | No, not really. | 不,没有 |
[1:10:43] | Tarek sent me the CD | 塔雷克给我寄了张歌剧魅影的CD 作为生日礼物 我觉得我都能理解 |
[1:10:48] | I think I know every word. | |
[1:10:57] | Tarek is teaching me the drum. | 塔雷克在教我打鼓 |
[1:11:00] | Really? How is that going? | 真的?学得怎么样了? |
[1:11:03] | Well, I… I sound a lot better | 要是他和我一起打 |
[1:11:04] | when he’s playing with me. | 我就能打得很好 |
[1:11:11] | How’s your teaching? | 你的课怎么办? |
[1:11:14] | My teaching? | 我的课? |
[1:11:15] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:11:16] | It’s fine. | 没事 |
[1:11:18] | How many classes do you have? | 你要上几个班? |
[1:11:21] | Well, I have a lighter schedule so I can focus on my book. | 我教的课不多 这样我能专心写书 |
[1:11:25] | Your book? | 你在写书? |
[1:11:26] | What is it about? | 关于什么的? |
[1:11:29] | Well, it… covers quite a bit, so it’s hard to explain. | 呃…涉及范围很广 不太好说 |
[1:11:33] | You’re almost finished? | 就快写好了? |
[1:11:34] | [sigh] I’m close. | 还差一点 |
[1:11:36] | Ahem. | 喔 |
[1:11:40] | You don’t like to talk about your work? | 你不喜欢聊你的工作? |
[1:11:42] | Mmm, it’s, uh… just not a process | 嗯,呃…只是跟非专业人士 |
[1:11:44] | that’s easy to talk about with somebody who’s not a writer. | 讲起来比较困难 |
[1:11:52] | Oh. | 哦 |
[1:11:59] | I shouldn’t have spoken to you like that. | 我不该这么说 |
[1:12:02] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[1:12:23] | – I’ll get it, sir. – Thanks. | – 我来,先生 – 谢谢 |
[1:12:27] | [sigh] Well… | 那… |
[1:12:28] | um, you have my number if you need anything. | 嗯,有事就给我打电话 |
[1:12:31] | Thank you. I’ll be fine. | 谢谢,会好起来的 |
[1:12:33] | [horn honks] | |
[1:12:35] | Here. | 给 |
[1:12:36] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:12:37] | Have a safe trip. | 一路顺风 |
[1:12:38] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:12:40] | Good-bye. | 再见 |
[1:12:41] | Good-bye. | 再见 |
[1:12:42] | [horn honks] | |
[1:12:43] | [distant siren] | |
[1:12:49] | ## [classical piano] | |
[1:13:18] | Good afternoon. | 下午好 |
[1:13:25] | Hi, Mouna. It’s Walter. | 你好,摩那,我是沃尔特 |
[1:13:28] | Uh, no. I was, uh, just checking in to make sure everything was okay. | 呃,我只是来问问一切安好 |
[1:13:33] | Okay. Oh, good. | 好,很好 |
[1:13:35] | Uh, you know… working. | 呃,你知道……工作 |
[1:13:40] | Okay. So… good. | 好,很…好 |
[1:13:44] | Good night. [chuckles] | 晚安 |
[1:13:59] | ## [Afrobeat] | |
[1:14:17] | ## [Man singing to rhythm] | |
[1:14:19] | ## [instrumental] | |
[1:14:22] | ## [man singing to rhythm] | |
[1:14:24] | ## [continues distantly] | |
[1:14:26] | [dog barks] | |
[1:14:28] | ## [continues] | |
[1:14:32] | ## [continues] | |
[1:14:34] | [no audible dialogue] | |
[1:14:36] | ## [singing continues] | |
[1:14:45] | ## [continues] | |
[1:14:52] | ## [classical piano plays softly] | |
[1:15:25] | [knock knock] | |
[1:15:27] | Walter. | 沃尔特 |
[1:15:29] | Hello. | 你好 |
[1:15:30] | I didn’t expect you so soon. | 没想到你这么快就回来了 |
[1:15:33] | Um, I just was cleaning a bit. | 嗯,我在打扫房间 |
[1:15:37] | [music stops] | |
[1:15:40] | I love this CD. | 我喜欢这张CD |
[1:15:43] | Is it your wife? | 是你妻子? |
[1:15:44] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:15:46] | She was beautiful. | 她很漂亮 |
[1:15:48] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:15:53] | These are different glasses? | 换了副眼镜? |
[1:15:54] | Mm-hmm. | 嗯哼 |
[1:15:55] | They’re new? | 新的? |
[1:15:56] | They are, yeah. | 没错 |
[1:15:57] | They’re nice. | 很好看 |
[1:15:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:16:03] | I was going to cook some lunch. | 我正准备做饭 |
[1:16:05] | Are you hungry? | 你饿吗? |
[1:16:06] | Yes. That would be nice. | 嗯,太好了 |
[1:16:08] | Okay. | 好 |
[1:16:18] | Mouna? | 摩那? |
[1:16:19] | Yes. | 嗯 |
[1:16:20] | Mmm, I was wondering. | 嗯,我在想 |
[1:16:22] | Um, uh, Thursday night. | 嗯,呃,周四晚上 |
[1:16:24] | Do you have any plans? | 你有什么安排吗? |
[1:16:26] | No, Walter. I have no plans. | 没有,沃尔特,我没什么事 |
[1:16:29] | Okay. Well, then, I thought… maybe we might do something. | 好,那么,我想… 也许我们可以一起找点事做 |
[1:16:35] | Okay. | 好啊 |
[1:16:37] | Okay. | 好 |
[1:16:46] | – [Tarek] They keep moving people. – To where? | – 他们一直在把人送走 – 送去哪? |
[1:16:48] | I don’t know. I think to other detention centers. | 我不知道,我想应该是 其它拘留中心 |
[1:16:51] | Two Moroccan guys were just moved. | 两个摩洛哥人刚被送走 |
[1:16:53] | They had no idea. | 他们根本不知道 |
[1:16:55] | Suddenly, they were just gone. | 突然就这么走了 |
[1:16:56] | Has anyone said anything to you? | 有人跟你说过什么吗? |
[1:16:58] | No. No one in here knows anything. | 没,这里的人什么都不知道 |
[1:17:02] | This is not fair. | 这不公平 |
[1:17:04] | I am not a criminal. | 我不是犯人 |
[1:17:06] | I have committed no crime. | 我没犯罪 |
[1:17:08] | What do they think? | 他们怎么想的? |
[1:17:10] | I’m a terrorist? | 我是恐怖分子? |
[1:17:12] | There are no terrorists in here. | 这里没有恐怖分子 |
[1:17:13] | The terrorists have money. They have support. | 恐怖分子都有钱 都有后台 |
[1:17:16] | This is just not fair. | 这太不公平了 |
[1:17:17] | – I know. – How do you know? You’re out there. | – 我知道 – 你怎么知道?你又不在这里 |
[1:17:34] | I’m sorry. I… Um… | 抱歉,我…嗯… |
[1:17:44] | [sniffles] | |
[1:17:46] | [snorts] | |
[1:17:48] | I sit in here at night, and… | 晚上坐着时… |
[1:17:52] | I keep thinking about Zainab. | 我一直在想载那尔布 |
[1:17:57] | I just want to live my life and play my music. | 我只是想好好过日子 玩玩音乐 |
[1:18:04] | What’s so wrong about that? | 这有什么错? |
[1:18:07] | [sniffles] | |
[1:18:12] | [traffic rumbles, horn honks] | |
[1:18:13] | [Walter] Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:18:16] | Okay. Please do. | 好,请你一定要办到 |
[1:18:17] | Yeah. Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:18:18] | Okay. Bye. | 嗯,再见 |
[1:18:21] | What did he say? | 他说了什么? |
[1:18:22] | [sigh] That he’d make some calls, | 他会打几个电话 |
[1:18:25] | but they can move him to another facility at their discretion. | 但他们有权把他送到别处去 |
[1:18:28] | What facility? Where? | 别处?哪里? |
[1:18:30] | He said it could be anywhere. | 他说哪儿都有可能 |
[1:18:32] | Upstate Pennsylvania. | 宾夕法尼亚北部 |
[1:18:35] | There’s even one in Louisiana. | 路易斯安那也有一个 |
[1:18:37] | Louisiana? | 路易斯安那? |
[1:18:38] | Where they had the floods? | 刚发生过洪水的? |
[1:18:40] | Mm-hmm. | 是的 |
[1:18:41] | But that’s too far. | 那太远了 |
[1:18:42] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[1:18:46] | Did the lawyer say anything else? | 律师还说了什么吗? |
[1:18:47] | No. He didn’t know anything else. | 没有,其它的他也不知道 |
[1:18:53] | It’s just like Syria. | 就像在叙利亚一样 |
[1:19:37] | [Mouna speaking foreign language] | |
[1:19:44] | Okay. | 好 |
[1:19:45] | Bye, habibti. Good-bye. | 再见,哈比提,再见 |
[1:19:54] | Sorry to keep you waiting. | 抱歉让你久等了 |
[1:19:56] | That’s okay. How is he? | 没事,他怎么样? |
[1:19:58] | He says hello. | 他向你问好 |
[1:20:00] | He wants to make sure you’re practicing your drum. | 他想知道你是否还在练鼓 |
[1:20:02] | I am. So… | 在练,那… |
[1:20:05] | You look very nice. | 你看上去很漂亮 |
[1:20:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:20:09] | You, too. | 你也是 |
[1:20:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:20:31] | [Walter] Okay. That’s good. | 好,到了 |
[1:20:34] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢,先生 |
[1:20:35] | [sigh] | |
[1:20:37] | You ready? | 准备好了? |
[1:20:38] | For what? | 准备什么? 那… |
[1:20:39] | Well… | 那… |
[1:20:40] | uh, I thought we’d go see this. | 呃,我们来看那个 |
[1:20:45] | Really? | 真的? |
[1:20:46] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:20:47] | Now? | 现在? |
[1:20:48] | Yeah. Is that okay? | 对啊,可以吗? |
[1:20:51] | Yes. That’s wonderful. | 当然,太棒了 |
[1:20:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:20:56] | I’m so excited. | 我好兴奋 |
[1:20:58] | Okay. Don’t move. | 好,别动 《歌剧魅影》 |
[1:21:31] | [Mouna] You know… | 你知道… |
[1:21:32] | I think that show was really kind of scary. | 我觉得那出戏确实有点吓人 |
[1:21:36] | It was a little scary. Yeah. | 确实有点 |
[1:21:37] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[1:21:40] | Are you finished? | 吃好了? |
[1:21:41] | Yes. Thank you. | 是的,谢谢 |
[1:21:43] | How was everything? | 这里不错吧? |
[1:21:44] | – Great. – Very good. | – 棒极了 – 很好 |
[1:21:46] | Actually, I think I’d like a glass of wine, please. | 其实,我想来杯酒 |
[1:21:48] | Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t even think to ask. | 哦,抱歉,我都没想到 |
[1:21:50] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[1:21:52] | It’s not every night that you see The Phantom. | 不是每个晚上都能看到魅影 |
[1:21:55] | I’ll have a Cabernet. | 一杯红葡萄酒 |
[1:21:56] | Cabernet. | 红葡萄酒 |
[1:21:57] | Two, please. | 两杯,谢谢 |
[1:21:58] | Excellent. | 好的 |
[1:22:00] | Well, I haven’t been to the theater in a long time. Me, neither. | 我很久没来过剧院了 我也是 |
[1:22:03] | There’s a place in Syria called Malula. | 叙利亚有个地方叫玛卢拉 |
[1:22:07] | It’s a very big outdoor theater. | 那是一个很大的露天剧院 |
[1:22:10] | It’s beautiful. | 很漂亮 |
[1:22:11] | We used to take Tarek there to see concerts. | 我们以前常带塔雷克去那 听音乐会 |
[1:22:15] | – Here you go. Two Cabernets. – Thank you. | – 您要的,两杯红葡萄酒 – 谢谢 |
[1:22:17] | – Thank you. – You’re welcome. | – 谢谢 – 不客气 |
[1:22:20] | Well. | 好吧 |
[1:22:21] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[1:22:23] | – [speaking in foreign language] – [chuckles] | |
[1:22:29] | Mmm. | 嗯 |
[1:22:31] | Mouna. Um… | 摩那,嗯… |
[1:22:35] | I’m taking a leave of absence… uh, for the rest of the semester. | 我请假了… 呃,余下的整个学期 |
[1:22:38] | Ahem. | 啊 |
[1:22:39] | Really? Why? | 真的?为什么? |
[1:22:41] | Well, I thought I might spend some more time in New York. | 我觉得我该在纽约多呆点时间 |
[1:22:46] | Walter, you don’t have to do this. You’re busy. | 沃尔特,你不必这么做 你很忙 |
[1:22:50] | No, I want to. | 不,我想这么做 |
[1:22:52] | But you have to be in Connecticut. | 但你该呆在康涅狄格 |
[1:22:54] | You have your teaching, your book. | 你要上课,要写书 |
[1:22:56] | No, it’s fine. Really. | 不,没关系,真的 |
[1:22:59] | This is not your problem, Walter. | 你不该操心这,沃尔特 |
[1:23:03] | It’s okay that you’re busy. | 你忙你的没关系 |
[1:23:07] | I’m not busy. | 我不忙 |
[1:23:10] | Not at all. | 一点都不 |
[1:23:12] | The truth is I haven’t done any real work in a very long time. | 其实我已经很久没做过什么了 |
[1:23:16] | But you just presented your paper at the conference. | 但你才在会议上 宣读了你的论文 |
[1:23:19] | No. No. No, I didn’t even write it. | 不,不,不,那不是我写的 |
[1:23:22] | I just read it. | 我只是读出来 |
[1:23:26] | I’ve been teaching the same course for 20 years, | 二十年来我一直在教同一门课 |
[1:23:28] | and it… doesn’t mean anything to me. | 但这对我…已经毫无意义了 |
[1:23:31] | None of it does. | 没有什么对我有意义了 |
[1:23:35] | I pretend. | 我只是在装 |
[1:23:40] | I pretend that I’m busy, that I’m working, that I’m writing. | 我假装很忙 假装工作,假装写书 |
[1:23:47] | I’m not doing anything. | 其实我什么都没做 |
[1:23:55] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[1:23:57] | Don’t be. | 不用抱歉 |
[1:23:58] | I really appreciate you telling me this. | 我很高兴你能告诉我这些 |
[1:24:03] | [sigh] | |
[1:24:07] | Um, Walter. | 嗯,沃尔特 |
[1:24:10] | What would you do if you didn’t teach? | 你不教书了会做些什么呢? |
[1:24:16] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:24:17] | It’s kind of exciting not to know. | 不知道才会让人兴奋 |
[1:24:21] | [chuckles] | |
[1:24:25] | What time is it? | 几点了? |
[1:24:27] | Uh, 12:30. | 呃,12:30 |
[1:24:28] | My God. Is it? | 天哪,这么晚了? |
[1:24:30] | Yeah. I think that happens a lot in New York. | 是的,这在纽约很正常 |
[1:24:33] | It’s… [chuckles] | 这… |
[1:24:35] | Thank you, Walter. | 谢谢,沃尔特 |
[1:24:37] | It was a lovely evening. | 今晚真是太棒了 |
[1:24:39] | It’s the most fun I had in a long time. | 很久没这么开心了 |
[1:24:42] | Yeah, I told Tarek I was taking you tonight, and I did. | 我跟塔雷克说过今晚会带你出来 我做到了 |
[1:24:45] | I think he was happy about it. | 我想他也会很高兴 |
[1:24:48] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:24:49] | [sigh] | |
[1:24:54] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[1:24:55] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[1:25:08] | [cell phone buzzes] | |
[1:25:24] | [beep] | |
[1:25:29] | There’s a message from Tarek. Something’s wrong. | 塔雷克的消息 出事了 |
[1:25:31] | What did he say? | 他怎么说? |
[1:25:33] | He said they were moving him. He didn’t know what it meant. | 他说他们要把他送走 他不知道会怎么样 |
[1:25:35] | We should go. | 我们得过去 |
[1:25:42] | Okay. When do you expect him? | 好的,他什么时候能来? |
[1:25:44] | All right. When he gets in, | 好吧,等他回来后 |
[1:25:46] | could you have him call me as soon as possible? | 请让他立刻打给我,好吗? |
[1:25:47] | Uh, please. It’s an emergency. Thank you. | 呃,求求你 这很急,谢谢 |
[1:25:50] | God, he’s still in court. | 天,他还在上庭 |
[1:25:51] | [sigh] Come on, come on, come on. Can you hurry? | 快,快,快,能再快点吗? |
[1:25:54] | [Driver] Sorry, sir. | 抱歉,先生 |
[1:25:56] | I hate this feeling. | 我讨厌这种感觉 |
[1:26:03] | [horn honks] | |
[1:26:19] | [door closes] | |
[1:26:24] | Um… I’m here for bed 38… Tarek Khalil. | 呃…我来这看38床的…塔雷克 卡哈利 |
[1:26:27] | Visiting hours start at 5 p.m. | 探访时间从下午5点开始 |
[1:26:30] | What? I’m sorry. Excuse me? | 什么?对不起,我没听清 |
[1:26:31] | – Visiting hours are at 5 p.m. – Oh. Um, | – 探访时间从下午5点开始 – 哦,嗯 |
[1:26:33] | it… I… I understand. | 我…我…知道 |
[1:26:34] | But this is e… extremely urgent. | 但这事…很急 |
[1:26:36] | Could you please check for me? | 你能帮我查一下吗? |
[1:26:40] | Thank you, sir. I appreciate it. | 谢谢,先生,我很感激 |
[1:26:42] | [keystroking] | |
[1:26:45] | He is no longer with us. | 他不在这了 |
[1:26:49] | Well… wh… [sigh] | 那…那是… |
[1:26:51] | What does that mean? | 什么意思? |
[1:26:52] | I’m not sure. | 我不确定 |
[1:26:54] | [sigh] What do you mean you’re not su…? | 你不确定是什么意思? |
[1:26:55] | I mean was he moved to another facility, another state, what? | 他被送到其它地方, 其它洲去了吗,还是别的什么? |
[1:26:59] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:27:00] | I just know that that detainee is no longer at the facility. | 我只知道拘留犯已经不在这了 |
[1:27:03] | Well, coul… could you please find someone who… who does know? | 那,能不能… 帮我问一下管事的? |
[1:27:07] | I would appreciate it. | 非常感谢 |
[1:27:09] | – Hold on. – Thank you. | – 等等 – 谢谢 |
[1:27:11] | Thank you very much. | 非常谢谢 |
[1:27:13] | Yes. Khalil. 38? | 是的,卡哈利,38床? |
[1:27:15] | [sigh] | |
[1:27:18] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:27:20] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:27:22] | [hangs up phone] | |
[1:27:24] | – Sir? – Yes? Did you find him? | – 先生? – 找到了吗? |
[1:27:25] | He’s been removed. | 他被送走了 |
[1:27:26] | Removed to where? | 送去哪? |
[1:27:28] | Deported. | 驱逐出境 |
[1:27:29] | Deported? | 驱逐出境? |
[1:27:32] | When? | 什么时候? |
[1:27:34] | He was deported this morning. | 今天早上 |
[1:27:36] | How can that be? | 怎么会? |
[1:27:38] | No, he… | 不,他… |
[1:27:47] | Um… sir, is, uh… | 嗯…先生,呃… |
[1:27:50] | Is there any way that I could contact him? | 有没有办法联系上他? |
[1:27:52] | I don’t think so. | 我想没有 |
[1:27:54] | You don’t think so. What kind of an answer is that? | 你觉得没有 这算什么回答? |
[1:27:57] | I’m sorry, sir. That’s all the information that I have. | 抱歉,先生 我只知道这些 |
[1:28:00] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:28:01] | Now, please step away from the window? | 现在,请你离开窗口 |
[1:28:05] | You can contact I.C. if you have any further questions. | 有什么问题,你可以去问移民局 |
[1:28:08] | The number’s on the wall. | 电话号码在墙上 |
[1:28:12] | Sir? | 先生? |
[1:28:13] | Step away from the window, please? | 请离开窗口 |
[1:28:18] | Sir. For the last time, step away from the window. | 先生,最后一遍 请离开窗口 |
[1:28:51] | You can’t just take people away like that. | 你们不能就这样把人赶走 |
[1:28:54] | Do you hear me? | 你听见没? |
[1:28:55] | He was a good man, a good person. | 他是个好人,好人 |
[1:29:00] | It’s not fair! | 这不公平! |
[1:29:03] | We are not just helpless children! | 我们不是无依无靠的孩子! |
[1:29:06] | He had a life! | 他有自己的生活! |
[1:29:09] | Do you hear me? | 听到没? |
[1:29:11] | Do… I mean do you hear me? | 我…我是说你们到底听到没? |
[1:29:13] | [breathes passionately] | |
[1:29:15] | What’s the matter with you? | 这到底怎么了? |
[1:29:17] | Walter. | 沃尔特 |
[1:29:18] | What? | 什么? |
[1:29:25] | Let’s go. | 我们走吧 |
[1:29:31] | Let’s go. | 我们走吧 |
[1:29:33] | There is nothing we can do. | 我们什么也做不了 |
[1:29:37] | Let’s go, please? | 走吧,好吗? |
[1:30:01] | He did nothing wrong. | 他没做错什么 |
[1:30:13] | [draws tearful breath] | |
[1:30:21] | [sigh] | |
[1:30:33] | [no audible dialogue] | |
[1:31:24] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗? |
[1:31:32] | Walter, I need to go back to Syria. | 沃尔特,我要回叙利亚 |
[1:31:36] | I should be there for Tarek. | 我要回去找塔雷克 |
[1:31:40] | When are you going? | 什么时候走? |
[1:31:41] | Tomorrow. | 明天 |
[1:31:43] | It’s best for me to be there as soon as possible. | 越快越好 |
[1:31:48] | You won’t be able to come back. | 去了就回不来了 |
[1:31:52] | I know. | 我知道 |
[1:31:57] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[1:32:01] | Mouna? | 摩那? |
[1:32:05] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[1:32:07] | I am so sorry. | 很对不起 |
[1:32:17] | [tap at door] | |
[1:32:19] | Yes? | 进来 |
[1:32:57] | [sigh] | |
[1:33:01] | It’s my fault what happened to Tarek. | 是我害了塔雷克 |
[1:33:06] | We did receive the letter telling us to leave. | 我们确实收到过驱逐令 |
[1:33:13] | I threw it away. | 被我扔了 |
[1:33:17] | I never told him. | 我从来没跟他说过 |
[1:33:37] | We were here for three years before the letter arrived. | 来这三年后我们就收到了信 |
[1:33:43] | I had found a job. | 我已经找到了工作 |
[1:33:47] | Tarek was in school. | 塔雷克还在上学 |
[1:33:52] | Everybody told me not to worry… | 每个人都让叫别担心… |
[1:33:55] | the government didn’t care. | 政府不会管的 |
[1:33:59] | And it appeared to be true. | 那时看起来是这样 |
[1:34:04] | And then… | 然后… |
[1:34:07] | after a time… | 过了段时间… |
[1:34:09] | you forget. | 你就会遗忘 |
[1:34:15] | You think that you really belong. | 觉得自己真的属于这里 |
[1:34:22] | It’s not your fault. | 这不是你的错 |
[1:34:26] | It’s not your fault. | 不是你的错 |
[1:34:35] | Stop. | 别这么说了 |
[1:34:53] | Zainab and I picked it out specially for you. | 载那尔布和我专门为你挑的 |
[1:34:56] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:35:01] | Oh. It’s very nice. | 哦,很漂亮 |
[1:35:03] | Let me see it. | 戴上看看 |
[1:35:11] | I like it. | 我很喜欢 |
[1:35:12] | – So do I. – Mmm. | – 我也是 – 嗯 |
[1:35:14] | You look cool. | 你看起来很酷 |
[1:35:16] | Cool? | 酷? |
[1:35:21] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:35:23] | You’re very cool, Walter. | 你很酷,沃尔特 |
[1:35:37] | [P.A.] Delta flight 275 | 达美航空,275次航班,飞往叙利亚 |
[1:35:39] | now boarding at Gate 3 for Syria. | 现在开始在3号登机口登机 |
[1:35:43] | Delta flight 275, Gate 3 for Syria. | 达美航空,275次航班 飞往叙利亚,3号登机口登机 |
[1:36:02] | Thank you, Walter. | 谢谢,沃尔特 |
[1:36:04] | Thank you for everything. | 谢谢你做的一切 |
[1:36:07] | I don’t want you to go. | 我不想让你走 |
[1:36:12] | I don’t want to go, habibti. | 我不想走,哈比提 |
[1:36:14] | [inhales deeply] | |
[1:36:15] | Oh… | 哦… |
[1:36:56] | [jet engines roaring] | |
[1:37:06] | [horn honks] | |
[1:37:48] | [train rumbles closer] | |
[1:38:13] | ## [rhythmic beating] | |
[1:39:03] | ## [guitar] | |
[1:41:17] | ## [Middle Eastern ambiance] | |
[1:43:31] | Subtitles by LeapinLar |