英文名称:The Constant Gardener
年代:2005
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:16] | [ Man ] Oh, thank you, Arnold. I- I can manage that. | 谢谢你,阿诺德 我…自己来 |
[00:19] | [ Door Closes ] | |
[00:21] | But I still don’t see why you couldn’t wait a couple of weeks. | 可我还是不明白 为什么你们不能再多等几周 |
[00:24] | Why go all the way up to Loki? | 为何大老远跑去洛基? |
[00:27] | [ Woman ] Well, we want to hear Grace Makanga speak, and she won’t be coming to Nairobi. | 我们想听格丽斯 玛康佳的演说 况且她不会来内罗毕(肯尼亚首都) |
[00:31] | I see. | 了解 |
[00:33] | Oh, sweetheart, don’t bother to see us off. lt could be ages. | 亲爱的,别为送行而苦恼 都让你变老了 |
[00:36] | Okay, well- [ Kissing ] | 好,那么… |
[00:40] | lt’s too hot to be standing around. lf you’re sure. | – 光站着都嫌热 – 是啊 |
[00:44] | Bye. Bye, Arnold. | – 再见 – 再见,阿诺德 |
[00:49] | Let me take your bag for you. Thank you. | – 我来帮你拿 – 谢谢 |
[00:52] | Bye, sweetheart. | 再见,亲爱的 |
[00:54] | See you in, uh- in a couple of days. | 那么…过几天见 片名:The Constant Gardener 不朽的园丁/疑云杀机 #大英特派使节团# |
[01:06] | [ Metal Clanging, Creaking ] | |
[01:12] | [ Man Shouting In Foreign Language ] | |
[01:17] | [ Squawking ] | |
[01:35] | – [ Foreign Language ] – [ Chattering On Radio ] | |
[01:42] | – [ Foreign Language ] – [ Radio Continues ] | |
[01:51] | [ Truck Doors Close ] | |
[01:53] | [ Truck Departs ] | |
[02:35] | Sandy, he’s here. | 桑迪,他到了 |
[02:50] | [ Humming ] | |
[02:58] | Hi. Come in. Oh, hi, Sandy. You caught me skiving, l’m afraid. | 嗨,请进,你好,桑迪 又让你捉住我在园艺了 |
[03:02] | How’s Gloria? Well? Gloria’s fine. | – 格洛丽亚好吗?嗯? – 格洛丽亚很好 |
[03:06] | You haven’t heard from Tessa, l suppose? | 我猜,你还没苔莎的消息? |
[03:08] | No, she’s, uh, up north with, um, Arnold Bluhm. | 没,她去,北方 和,和阿诺德 布鲁一道 |
[03:13] | Look, old chap, do you think you could stop doing that a moment? | 嘿,老友,你能不能停一会? |
[03:17] | Something wrong? | 怎么了? |
[03:19] | She didn’t say anything about returning by road? | 她没说要从陆路返回的事情? |
[03:22] | From Loki? | 从洛基? |
[03:24] | Well, that wouldn’t surprise me, knowing Tessa. l mean, l hope not. Dangerous country. | 我可不觉得惊讶,我了解苔莎 我希望别,危险的国家 |
[03:28] | What is it, Sandy? | 怎么了?桑迪 |
[03:30] | We’re getting reports of a white woman, black driver, | 我们收到消息 一名白人女士,黑人司机 |
[03:38] | found early this morning, southern end of Lake Turkana, | 今晨早些时候在 图卡那湖南端被发现 |
[03:42] | dead-killed, it seems. | 已死亡,似乎是,被害 |
[03:49] | You think it might be Tessa? | 你认为会是苔莎? |
[03:52] | Seems they hired a car and driver in Loki and then headed east. | 像是在洛基租的车子和司机 然后朝东行驶 |
[03:58] | They spent the night at Lodwar. | 他们在洛德沃过夜 |
[04:05] | They shared a room,Justin. | 住一间房,贾斯汀 |
[04:10] | The dead black isn’t Arnold Bluhm. | 那黑人死者不是阿诺德 布鲁 |
[04:14] | Most terribly sorry. | 我非常难过 |
[04:22] | And how sure are you? | 你有多肯定? |
[04:26] | lt’s not looking good. | 看上去不妙 |
[04:41] | lt’s… | 那么… |
[04:44] | good of you to tell me, Sandy. | 谢谢你通知我,桑迪 |
[04:49] | Can’t have been easy. | 让你费心了 |
[05:03] | [Justin’s Voice ] Diplomacy, therefore, as we’ve demonstrated, | 因此,正如我们已示范的 外交… |
[05:07] | is the very map and marker of civilization, | 恰恰就是文明的地图和标记 |
[05:13] | pointing nations the safest way through country… | 来为受一国所威胁的 其他国家… |
[05:17] | fraught with peril. | 指明一条最安全的道路 |
[05:19] | And that’s it. | 就这样 |
[05:21] | Uh, Sir Bernard Pellegrin has asked me to convey his, uh, regrets… | 呃,伯纳德 佩格林先生要求我 代为转达他的,呃,歉意… |
[05:27] | that he’s been unable to deliver his lecture in person. | 因为他不能亲自来发言 |
[05:30] | And l thank you on my own behalf for your very kind attention. | 并且我代表自己为 你们的倾听表示感谢 |
[05:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:37] | [ Woman ] Excuse me. Excuse me. | 等等,等等 |
[05:40] | Yeah? Yeah, sorry. Excu- Excuse me. | – 嗯? – 等等 |
[05:42] | Sir, l’ve just got one question. l just wondered whose map, um, is Britain using… | 先生,我有个问题 我想知道英国正用着的 呃,是谁的地图… |
[05:47] | when it completely ignores the United Nations and decides to invade Iraq? | 以至于可以忽视联合国 并决定入侵伊拉克? |
[05:51] | [ Audience Chuckles ] Or do you- do you think… | 或者,你认为,是否… |
[05:53] | it’s more diplomatic to bend to the will of a superpower… | 是更油滑地顺从于超级强权… |
[05:59] | and-and politely take part in Vietnam, the sequel? | 客气地说,参与到越南里去,后续? |
[06:03] | [ Audience Murmuring ] | |
[06:06] | Well, uh, l- l can’t speak for Sir Bernard- | 呃,我,我不能代替伯纳德先生发言… |
[06:11] | Oh, l thought that’s why you were here. | 哦,我以为你来就是要代他发言的 |
[06:14] | [ Laughs ] l mean, diplomats have to go where they’re sent. | 我的意思是,外交官必须 奉命行事 |
[06:18] | So do Labradors. [ All ] Ooh. | 猎狗也是 |
[06:20] | – Ouch. – [ Murmuring ] | 哎哟 |
[06:22] | Well, I think that, no, Sir Bernard would no doubt argue… | 呃,我认为,伯纳德先生 毫无疑问会争辩道… |
[06:25] | that when, um, peaceful means are exhausted, then- Exhausted? | – 当和平手段都已无能为力的时候,那么… – 无能为力? |
[06:29] | Mr. Quayle, they’re not exactly exhausted, are they? | 奎伊先生,并未无能为力 不是吗? |
[06:32] | l mean, they’re just- they’re just- No, they are just lying in the way of the tanks. | 我是说,和平,和平 和平就躺在坦克前进的道路上 |
[06:37] | No, l-l-let’s face it. We’ve taken 60 years… | 不,我,我,让我们来面对 我们花了60年… |
[06:40] | to build up this international organization called the United Nations, | 来建立一个叫做联合国的国际组织 |
[06:45] | which is meant to avoid wars, | 就是为了避免战争 |
[06:47] | – and now we just blow it up because our car’s running out of petrol. – Sit down, Tessa, for Christ’s sake. | – 而现在就因为汽车没油了我们便要大开杀戒 – 坐下,苔莎,看在上帝的份上 |
[06:52] | – l- l think- – Hold on a minute. Let’s see what he says. | – 我,我认为 – 等等,听听他说什么 |
[06:54] | l think the questioner is making a valid point, and that a nation’s foreign policy… | 我认为您提出了一个很有价值的观点 一个国家的外交政策… |
[06:57] | – should not be determined by narrow commercial interests. – That’s bullshit. | – 不应由狭隘的商业利益所驱使 – 屁话 |
[07:00] | That’s bullshit. You have to take responsibility. | 屁话,你应当负责 |
[07:02] | You are being paid to apologize for this pathetic country of Britain, | 你的工作就是 为英国这个可怜的国家而道歉 |
[07:08] | and he can explain to us why we’ve burned our diplomatic credentials… | 而且他能解释为什么 我们毁掉自己的外交信用… |
[07:11] | and why we’re killing, you know, thousands of innocent people… | 为什么我们要屠杀,知道吗 成千上万的无辜平民… |
[07:15] | just for-just for some barrels of oil… | 而只是为了几桶石油… |
[07:18] | and a photo opportunity on the White House lawn. | 和在白宫草坪合影的机会? |
[07:20] | Why? | 为什么? |
[07:43] | [ Sighs, Sniffles ] | |
[07:49] | Are you all right? Yes, thanks. | – 你还好吗? – 还好,谢谢 |
[07:54] | You were courageous. No. No, I was completely rude. | – 你很勇敢 – 不,不,我完全失礼了 |
[07:58] | – lt was just bad behavior, and l- – You were impassioned. | – 很糟糕的举止,并且我… – 你激情洋溢 |
[08:03] | l’m so embarrassed. Sorry. | 我很尴尬,抱歉 |
[08:05] | Please don’t be embarrassed. l’m really sorry. | – 请别这样 – 我真的很抱歉 |
[08:12] | And, uh, thanks very much. You… tried to protect me. | 非常感谢你 你… 试图保护我 |
[08:17] | Very feebly. No, you were-you were- You weren’t feeble. l just- | – 无力的保护 – 不,你是,你是… 并非无力的 |
[08:21] | Anyway, it was a very dull lecture. | 总之,我的发言很无趣 |
[08:23] | lt was a dull lecture, but even so l shouldn’t have- | 是很无趣 可即便如此,我也不该… |
[08:25] | Well, look, can l- can l buy you a coffee or- | 呃,我能,我能请你喝咖啡,或… |
[08:28] | l owe you a drink. Come on. All right. You can buy me a drink. | – 是我欠你的 – 那好,你请我喝一杯 |
[08:31] | l’m Justin, by the way. Tessa. How do you do? | – 我是贾斯汀 – 苔莎,你好 |
[08:34] | Pleased to meet you. Yeah, yeah. | Pleased to meet you. – 很高兴认识你 – 我也是,很高兴认识你 |
[08:36] | – You were quite scary, but l don’t blame you. – [ Laughs ] | 你有点吓人,可我不怪你 |
[08:39] | lt was absolute bollocks, | 都是胡说而已 |
[08:41] | so you’re quite right to challenge- | 所以其实你是对的… |
[08:44] | l’m rather nervous, l have to confess. | 我很不安,我得忏悔 |
[08:47] | Me too. This way. | 我也是,这边走 |
[08:50] | Oh, do come in. [ Mumbles ] | 哦,进来吧 |
[08:53] | Yeah, please. Of course. | 对呀,请进,当然 |
[08:55] | [ Mumbles ] Thank you. You lead the way. | 谢谢,你带路 |
[08:58] | Go ahead. Go ahead. Take a left. All right. | 走吧,走吧,左手边 |
[09:07] | [ Tessa Laughing ] | |
[09:11] | Wriggle. | 扭啊扭 |
[09:21] | [ Laughing ] | |
[09:28] | There we go. | 好嘞 |
[09:34] | [ Tessa Laughs ] | |
[09:36] | [Justin ] Thank you. [ Tessa ] What for? | – 谢谢 – 谢什么? |
[09:39] | For… this wonderful gift. | 这美妙的礼物 |
[09:44] | How very generous of me. | 我那么大方? |
[09:48] | No, l- | 不,我… |
[09:54] | You-You’re so- [ Laughing ] | 你,你真… |
[09:59] | You know what l mean. l know what you mean. | – 你懂我的意思 – 我懂你的意思 |
[10:03] | l feel safe with you. | 你,给我安全感 |
[10:06] | l can imagine when you were six. | 我能想象你六岁时的样子 |
[10:09] | You leading the revolution. | 正领导革命 |
[10:11] | No. No, l was very conventional. | 不,不,我很传统的 |
[10:14] | Here,Justin, put this on. | 来,贾斯汀,把它穿上 |
[10:17] | [ Man Shouting ln Foreign Language ] | |
[10:19] | Mr. Quayle? Please. | 奎伊先生?请 |
[10:47] | Please. | 请 |
[11:13] | Know this lady, sir? | 认识这位女士? |
[11:20] | Yes, l do. lt’s, uh- | 是的,我认识 |
[11:23] | lt’s my wife, Tessa. | 是我的妻子,苔莎 |
[11:30] | [ Retches ] | |
[11:33] | [ Coughing ] | |
[11:37] | Sandy. | 桑迪 |
[11:43] | Come on. [ Gasping ] | 来 |
[11:52] | [ Grunts, Coughs ] | |
[12:22] | [ Knocking ] Tessa. | 苔莎 |
[12:26] | My God, what a surprise. | 老天,真是个惊喜 |
[12:30] | [ Laughs ] How’d you get in? | 你怎么进来的? |
[12:32] | Take me to Africa with you. | 带我和你去非洲 |
[12:35] | What? Roll you up in a rug? | 什么?把你卷进地毯? |
[12:38] | Pack you in a tea chest? Very funny. | – 塞进茶叶箱? – 很逗 |
[12:40] | l’d have to smuggle you in as illicit goods. | 那我不得不把你当违禁品偷运 |
[12:43] | l couldn’t declare you. [ Laughs ] | 没法报关 |
[12:45] | Oh, listen. l could put you in one of these plant boxes, and- | 哦,听着,我可以把你 装进苗木箱,然后… |
[12:48] | You’d be very comfortable wrapped up in a little piece of, uh- | 你会觉得很舒适,嗯… |
[12:52] | l could label you. ”Tessa.” | 我再贴上标签,写着“苔莎” |
[12:56] | l’m serious. | 我是认真的 |
[13:02] | Um, yeah, l can see you are. [ Chuckles ] | 嗯,是呀,看得出来 |
[13:09] | And in what-what capacity should l take you to Africa? | 那么,该怎样 我才能带你去非洲呢? |
[13:14] | l don’t mind. You can take me as your mistress, lover, wife. | 我不管,你可以让我做 情妇、情人、妻子 |
[13:19] | There’s too much choice. [ Laughs ] | 多多选择 |
[13:24] | l-Well, l’m- | 我,嗯,我… |
[13:28] | l’m flattered that you would like- No. No. | – 我有点受宠若惊,如果你愿意… – 不,不 |
[13:31] | Justin, please don’t say that sentence. Sorry. Sorry. l’m sorry. | – 贾斯汀,请别说出来 – 抱歉,抱歉 |
[13:35] | l’m sorry. l’m sorry. That’s really- | 抱歉,抱歉 那真是… |
[13:37] | Just yes or no? | 只是愿不愿意? |
[13:40] | Well, we-we hardly know one another. l mean- | 可,我们根本不了解彼此 |
[13:43] | You can learn me. | 你可以体会 |
[13:45] | Learn you? Mmm. | 体会? |
[13:53] | Yes or no? | 愿不愿意? |
[13:56] | Then l- | 那么,我… #是什么?# #艾滋病?# #原谅我,妈妈# #谁是你妈妈?# #爸爸# #快走,别喷到地上了# |
[14:07] | [ Train Whistle Blows ] | |
[14:18] | – [ Clucking ] – [ Chattering ] | |
[14:23] | [ Singing ln Foreign Language ] | |
[14:36] | [ Singing Continues ] [ Men Chanting ] | |
[14:40] | [ Speaking Foreign Language ] | |
[14:44] | [ Foreign Language ] | |
[15:05] | Oh. [ Foreign Language ] A gift. | 哦,是礼物 |
[15:08] | Oh, thank you. [ Foreign Language ] | 喔,谢谢你 |
[15:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[15:15] | Thank you so much. lt’s beautiful. | 非常感谢 很美 |
[15:18] | – Hey. – Arnold. | – 嘿 – 阿诺德 |
[15:23] | [ Laughing ] That’s so nice. | 真漂亮啊 |
[15:26] | – lsn’t it beautiful? – Yeah. | – 美吗? – 是呀 |
[15:28] | They made it for me. | 他们为我做的 #留下吧# #我们还是一家人# |
[15:33] | [ Women Speaking Foreign Language ] | |
[15:40] | [ Man Singing In Foreign Language ] | |
[15:58] | [ Chorus Singing In Foreign Language ] | |
[16:02] | – [ Chattering ] – [ Bleating ] | |
[16:09] | [ Boy ] Hey, Mr. Bluhm.! | 嘿,布鲁先生! |
[16:13] | Careful. | 小心 |
[16:17] | [ Arnold ] Ooh. Take my hand. | 噢,抓住我的手 |
[16:24] | [ Tessa ] What did you give her, Arnold? | 你给她什么,阿诺德? |
[16:26] | Nevirapine. The government clinic didn’t have any again. | 奈韦拉平 (一种防治母婴HIV病毒传播的药物) 政府的医院还是没这药 |
[16:30] | Jomo. Yes, Mama Tessa? | – 乔马 – 嗯,苔莎夫人? |
[16:32] | Have you had your test yet? | 你拿到你的化验结果了? |
[16:34] | No. [ Arnold ] Jomo. | – 没 – 乔马 |
[16:36] | lf she’s H.l.V. positive, chances are you are too. | 如果她是H.l.V.阳性 那你也极有可能 |
[16:39] | Look, Dr. Bluhm, l really must go. | 听我说,布鲁医生,我真的得走了 |
[16:41] | We can talk about this later. Thank you. Take you 1 0 minutes. | – 我们可以迟些再说,谢谢 – 只花你10分钟的时间 |
[16:43] | – Woodrow is very particular about time. l will be in trouble. Bye. – l’ll see you later. | – 伍德罗先生对考勤要求很严 我会惹麻烦的,再见 – 回头见 |
[16:47] | [ Foreign Language ] | |
[16:54] | [ Bell Rings ] | |
[16:56] | [Jomo ] Jesus! | 老天! |
[16:58] | You shouldn’t be wandering around in this heat. | 这么热的天 你不该四处转 |
[17:00] | Arnold, stop fussing. You’re as bad as Justin. | 阿诺德,别大惊小怪的 你和贾斯汀一样坏 |
[17:04] | lf you were my wife, l’d tie you to the bed. | 若你是我的妻子 我就把你绑在床上 |
[17:06] | Then what would you do, Doctor? | 那么接下来你会做什么?医生 |
[17:09] | That’s another story. [ Laughing ] | 就不告诉你 |
[17:11] | Tell me what you’d do. Hey! | 告诉我你会怎么做 |
[17:14] | [ Chorus ] | |
[17:31] | [ Man Singing ] | |
[17:35] | [ Fades ] [ Chattering ] | |
[17:39] | [ Foreign Language ] All right. | 好了 |
[17:49] | [ Sighs ] | |
[17:52] | [ Laughs ] | |
[17:56] | [Justin, French Accent ] Now, for the first time, | (模仿法语口音)史上第一次,现在 |
[17:59] | we are exploring a new territory. | 我们正探索着一块全新的领域 |
[18:02] | This is a new discovery… | 这一新发现… |
[18:06] | for the famous marine biologist- [ Laughing ] | 来自于著名的海洋生物学家… |
[18:08] | Jacques Cousteau. | 雅克 库斯托(法国科学家) |
[18:11] | You are a voyeur. | 你是个窥私癖 |
[18:13] | lt’s fantastic. | 妙不可言 |
[18:16] | Now we are going down, down, down. | 现在我们往下,往下,往下 |
[18:18] | Oh, what do we have here? | 喔,这底下有什么? |
[18:20] | [ Splashes ] Zoom.! | 上升! |
[18:23] | Wipe it. l must keep this new discovery for posterity… | – 删掉 – 我必须将新发现留给子孙… |
[18:27] | and admire the new person inside. | 并且赞美里面的小生命 |
[18:31] | You have to go wipe this. Go and wipe it. | 你得把那个删掉 快去,删掉 |
[18:34] | Wipe it right now. No, l can’t wipe it. l’m completely inept with computers. | – 现在就去 – 不,我可删不掉 我完全是个电脑盲 |
[18:38] | – I’m gonna keep it. I’m sorry. I love it. – [ Chimes ] | 我要留着,抱歉,我喜欢这画面 |
[18:41] | Will you see who that’s from, darling? Sure. | – 去看看是谁发来的?亲爱的 – 好的 @你和阿诺德周日晚 在内罗毕希尔顿饭店做什么了? 贾斯汀知道吗?@ @贾斯汀知道吗?@ |
[18:59] | What is it? What? | – 是什么? – 什么? |
[19:01] | The e-mail. | |
[19:04] | Oh, it’s, um- | 哦,不过是,呃… |
[19:06] | lt’s just junk- some ad. | 垃圾邮件,广告而已 |
[19:08] | – For? – For the Nairobi Hilton. | – 来自? – 内罗毕希尔顿饭店 |
[19:12] | Oh, my boobs hurt. | 哦,我胸部痛 |
[19:15] | Would you, uh, mind, uh- | 能不能,帮我… |
[19:18] | Weekend package deal. | 周末优惠 |
[19:21] | Two nights for the price of one. Mmm. Two guests for the price of one. | – 住宿两晚半价优惠 – 嗯,两位住客仅收半价 |
[19:26] | Sweetheart, would you come and make yourself useful? | 亲爱的,过来帮忙好吗? |
[19:29] | Yeah, l’m coming. | 好的,来了 |
[19:44] | [ Sighs ] | |
[19:54] | My darling. Sweetheart, I’d like you to put this up right in the middle. | 亲爱的,甜心 我要你把它挂在正中间这里 |
[19:59] | Right? Yeah. | – 这里? – 对 |
[20:02] | So, um- | 那么… |
[20:04] | Right there. Mm-hmm. | 就那 |
[20:07] | What do you think? l think it’s gorgeous. | – 你觉得如何? – 我觉得好棒 |
[20:09] | l think it’s very tangled. No, no, no. | – 我觉得有点缠结了 – 不,不,不 |
[20:11] | l meant- l meant about a weekend at the Hilton. | 我是指,我是指 在希尔顿过一个周末 |
[20:13] | Oh, no. lt’s a bit flashy for my taste. ls it? | – 哦,不,对我来说过于奢侈了 – 是吗? |
[20:15] | Mm-hmm. Oh. l wouldn’t know. l- l’ve never been there. | – 嗯 – 我不知道,我…我还没去过 |
[20:19] | Well, l have. l was there the other night meeting someone with Arnold. | 我去过,那晚我去那 和阿诺德见一个人 |
[20:25] | Oh, well,just a thought. | 哦,只是想想 |
[20:32] | Sweetheart. | 亲爱的 |
[20:37] | Were you just inviting me away for a dirty weekend at the Hilton? | 你是不是要约我去希尔顿 共度狂野周末? |
[20:41] | Mm-hmm. Were you? | – 嗯? – 是吗? |
[20:43] | l would love to, | 我也想 |
[20:45] | but maybe after… Arturo is born. Oh, Tessa. | – 可得等到…阿图罗出生以后 – 哦,苔莎 |
[20:49] | We’re not calling him Arturo, please. | 我们别给孩子取名阿图罗,好吗 |
[20:51] | Why not? No. Not- Not Arturo… | – 为什么不? – 不,不要阿图罗… |
[20:54] | or Giuseppe- All right. Then what about… | – 或者居塞比(均为革命人士)… – 那好,那么… |
[20:56] | Garth- Daddy’s name? No, no. Come on. | – 加瑟…爸爸的名字? – 不,不,拜托 |
[21:00] | No, not Garth or ditto Che or any- | 不要加瑟,或者切(格瓦拉)及任何… |
[21:03] | Che? l just don’t want any of these mad, eccentric, hippieish- | – 切? – 我只是不想要任何这些 狂热、偏执嬉皮式的… |
[21:06] | Che? alternative- Yes, your revolutionary half. | – 切? – 之类的…对,你的革命特性 |
[21:10] | l think we should call him, in that case, Che Muffin Quayle. | 既然那样,我认为该叫孩子 切 玛芬 奎伊 |
[21:15] | Muffin? Yes, the Quayle genes. | – 玛芬(松饼)? – 对,奎伊家族基因 |
[21:17] | Where do you get Muffin from? No one’s heard of muffins. High tea by the jolly study fire… | – 哪来得的玛芬这想法? 没听说过叫玛芬(松饼)的 – 在壁炉旁愉快地喝下午茶… |
[21:21] | while the starving mob burns London. | 而饥寒交迫的群众 正在伦敦闹革命 |
[21:23] | ls that- ls that how you see me? [ Laughs ] No. | – 这…这就是你对我的看法? – 不 |
[21:25] | l see you buying the mob fish and chips… | 我看到在等待法律和秩序的重建时… |
[21:28] | while you wait for law and order to return. | 你为群众买炸鱼和薯条 |
[21:31] | And l love you the way you are. | 我就是喜欢你这样 |
[21:40] | What about Arnold? | 阿诺德如何? |
[21:42] | What about Arnold? As a name. | 什么阿诺德? 作为名字 |
[21:44] | Hmm. Be such a nice gesture. | 嗯? 高姿态一点嘛 |
[21:49] | Well, perhaps it’ll be a girl. | 呃,没准是个女孩 |
[21:52] | Mmm. l think it’s a boy. | 我觉得是个男孩 |
[21:55] | l think it’s a girl. | 我认为是女孩 |
[21:58] | You’d better get dressed. | 该换上衣服了 |
[22:01] | Move that tray. Dry these glasses. | 盘子挪开 把酒杯擦干 |
[22:07] | – Can you open your windows, please? Please get out of the car. – [ Chattering On Police Radio ] | 请打开车窗,好吗? 请下车 |
[22:12] | [ Chattering ] | |
[22:20] | [ Murmuring ] | |
[22:29] | Dr.Joshua Ngaba, Kenya Health Ministry. | 乔舒华 恩加巴博士 肯尼亚卫生部长 |
[22:31] | Sir Bernard Pellegrin, head of F.C.O. Africa desk. | 伯纳德 佩格林爵士 英外交及联邦事务部非洲司主任 |
[22:35] | May l convey Her Majesty’s warmest greetings? | 请允许我代为转达 女王陛下最深切的问候 |
[22:37] | [Justin ] I thought that Arnold was going up-country. | 我还以为阿诺德要去内地 |
[22:40] | He is. Oh, don’t worry. | 要去的,哦,别担心 |
[22:43] | He’s not gonna take me. l’ve already asked him. Hmm. | 他不会带上我的 我已经问过他了 |
[22:46] | [ Laughs ] Good. And, Tessa- Yes? | – 很好,那么,苔莎 – 嗯? |
[22:48] | l’d be happier if you stayed out of Kibera, | 要是你别去管科比亚(贫民区) 我就更宽心了 |
[22:51] | at least until the baby’s born anyway. | 至少等到孩子出世 |
[22:53] | Um,just you wait until l’m single again. [ Chuckles ] | 嗯,那你等我恢复单身好了 |
[22:57] | [ Sighs ] | |
[23:01] | Hello, Tim. How are you? Hi. | – 嗨,蒂姆,你好吗? – 嗨 |
[23:03] | Are you struggling through without Maude tonight? | 今晚没有译码器 又让你头疼了? |
[23:07] | One of her party headaches. l take mine standing up. | 晚宴头疼处之一 那我自己挺身而出吧 |
[23:09] | Oh, how manly of you. lsn’t it just? | 哦,真是男子气概 不是吗? |
[23:11] | Hello, Arnold. Tessa. | 你好,阿诺德 苔莎 |
[23:13] | Hello, Ghita, darling. Ooh, what a lovely sari. | 你好,基塔,亲爱的 哦,漂亮的丝纱 |
[23:19] | [ Arnold ] Interesting guests, Mr. Donohue. | 有趣的宾客,多诺汉先生 |
[23:22] | This is Kenya, Dr. Bluhm. Seems only fair to invite the odd native. | 这里是肯尼亚,布鲁医生 似乎邀请本地稀客才有意思 |
[23:26] | Mmm. The health minister’s turn, was it? | 嗯,这次轮到卫生部长了 是吗? |
[23:29] | So it seems. | 似乎如此 |
[23:31] | Who’s that he’s talking to? | 他在和谁说话? |
[23:33] | [ Tim ] I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[23:36] | Thought your spies knew everything, Tim. Only God knows everything. | – 我还以为你的密探知晓一切呢 – 唯有上帝知晓一切 |
[23:39] | He works for Mossad. | 而他为摩萨德(以色列情报组织)工作 |
[23:41] | You’ve met Dr. Ngaba, have you? | 你见过恩加巴博士的,对吗? |
[23:44] | Yes, at the opening of a new state-of-the-art clinic… | 是的,在一所没有高压灭菌器的… |
[23:47] | without autoclaves for sterilizing. Mmm. | 艺术级医院的落成仪式上 |
[23:49] | Probably converted them into a Mercedes. | 没准都变成奔驰轿车了 |
[23:52] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[23:54] | l’ve never met an alchemist before. | 我之前可从未见过炼金术士 |
[23:56] | [ Laughing ] Tessa, darling. | 苔莎,亲爱的,拜托 |
[24:04] | Ah, Tessa. Hello, Porter. | 啊,苔莎 你好,波特 |
[24:06] | May l introduce Tessa Quayle, Dr. Ngaba, | 我来介绍,这位是苔莎 奎伊 恩加巴博士 |
[24:09] | the wife of our representative for aid effectiveness? | 一位援助事务代表的太太 |
[24:13] | Pleasure to meet you. How do you do? | – 很高兴见到你 – 你好 |
[24:15] | And this is Dr. Bluhm from Medecins dans l’univers. Good evening. | 这位是布鲁医生 晚上好 |
[24:18] | Dr. Bluhm and l have met. | 布鲁医生和我见过面 |
[24:20] | Yes, it was at the opening for the clinic that didn’t have the sterilizing equipment. | 没错,那是在一所没有高压灭菌器的 医院落成仪式上 |
[24:24] | We never met, Dr. Ngaba, but I know your work. | 我们没见过面,恩加巴博士 可我知道你的作为 |
[24:29] | Do you know Sir Kenneth Curtiss, Chief Executive ofThreeBees? | 你认识肯尼斯 科蒂斯爵士? 三蜜蜂公司的首席执行官 |
[24:32] | – Yes, also by reputation. Good evening. – Good evening. | – 是的,久仰大名 晚上好 – 晚上好 |
[24:35] | [ Bernard ] It’s the most successful company here in Kenya. We’re very proud ofhim. | 那可是在肯尼亚最成功的公司 我们为他自豪 |
[24:39] | And which of the bees are you? | 那么您是哪只蜜蜂? |
[24:43] | You were going to show us the garden room, Porter. | 带我们去看看园艺房,波特 |
[24:45] | There is just one thing that l’d like to thank Dr. Ngaba for- | 有件事情我要感谢恩加巴博士 |
[24:49] | the free nevirapine. | 就是免费的奈韦拉平 |
[24:52] | He’s, uh, persuaded the manufacturers to donate it to H.l.V.-positive mothers. | 他,呃,说服制造商为HIV显阳性的 母亲捐助药物 |
[24:56] | lt’s a wonderful thing. Shall we? | – 一件好事 – 走吧? |
[24:59] | The problem is, it isn’t actually reaching them. Some, but not all. | – 而问题是,她们没有拿到药物 – 一些,并非全部 |
[25:01] | So we’ve been wondering, is that a standard cock-up, Dr. Ngaba, | 所以我们在想 这是所谓的疏忽,恩加巴博士 |
[25:04] | or- or were the pills converted into the limo that you arrived in? | 还是,还是药丸摇身一变 变成了你今晚乘坐的豪华房车? |
[25:08] | l think that’s probably enough. lf you’ll come through here, Doctor. | 我想这够了 请这边走,博士 |
[25:10] | Justin. Excuse me. | – 贾斯汀 – 失陪 |
[25:13] | You’ve gotta do something about Tessa. Well, what would you like me to do, Sandy? | – 你得去管管苔莎 – 呵呵,你要我怎么去管?桑迪 |
[25:17] | Well, she’s embarrassing our guests. Her and that bloody Bluhm. | 她让我们的客人难堪了 她和那该死的布鲁 |
[25:21] | There’ll be hell to pay, l can tell you. | 麻烦可不小 我可以告诉你 |
[25:24] | Well, the- the squall seems to have passed. | 貌似暴风雪已经平息 |
[25:27] | lf you can’t control her, you should keep her locked up. | 要是你管不住她 最好把她关起来 |
[25:30] | You’re wanted on the veranda, Mr. Woodrow. Yes. | – 阳台有请,伍德罗先生 – 好的 |
[25:43] | [Justin ] The poinsettias are so big here, they’ll be best towards the back of the border. | 这里的猩猩木很高大 边界后边的可能更好 |
[25:50] | Hey, sexy. | 嘿,美人 |
[25:53] | You look divine. Sandy, l think you’re a pervert. | – 超然的美 – 桑迪,你怪怪的 |
[25:56] | Stop looking at me like that. We’re to have a baby in a week. | 别这么看着我 再有一周孩子就出世了 |
[25:59] | Can l come and visit you in the hospital? | 我能来去医院看你吗? |
[26:02] | You want to visit me in Uhuru? Uhuru? Tessa, you’re not having it there. | – 你要来乌胡鲁看我? – 乌胡鲁?苔莎,别在那生产 |
[26:06] | Oh, Sandy, come on. Kibera women have their babies there every day. | 桑迪,别这样,科比亚妇女 每天都在那里生产 |
[26:09] | lt’s perfectly safe. No, it’s not. lt’s madness. | – 会很安全 – 不,不是,那一团糟 |
[26:12] | Just- Can l just choose- Wait a minute. That looks a good one. | 让,让我选… 等等,这个看起来不错 |
[26:15] | Shall we run away? | 我们跑路吧? |
[26:17] | Yeah, come on then. Take me for lunch. | 好啊,走 带我吃午餐 |
[26:20] | [ Train Whistle Blows ] | |
[26:24] | – [ Child ] How are you? – l’m fine. Thank you. | – 你好 – 我很好,谢谢 |
[26:26] | How are you? I’m fine. Thank you. How are you? | 你好 我很好,谢谢,你好吗? |
[26:29] | How are you? [ Chattering ] | 你好吗? |
[26:31] | I’m fine. Thank you. How are you? | 我很好,谢谢 你好吗? |
[26:34] | I’m fine. How are you? | 我很好,你好吗? |
[26:40] | – Look, near the car. – Jomo is getting a test. | – 看,靠近车 – 乔马在做检查 |
[26:44] | Of course. You told him to. lt was a suggestion, not an order. | – 当然,你让他去的 – 那是个建议,又不是命令 |
[26:48] | – What are they carrying in those littlejars? – It’s probably saliva. | – 小瓶子里面装得是什么? – 可能是唾液 |
[26:52] | But that’s not how you test for H.I. V. here, is it? | 可HIV测试不必如此啊? |
[26:55] | They’re also testing for T.B. Why? | – 他们也做肺结核的检查 – 为什么? |
[26:57] | When they test for H.l.V., they also test for T.B. free here. | 当他们检查HIV的时候 也免费检查肺结核 |
[27:01] | – What,just for free? – A small extra service to humanity. | – 什么?都是免费的? – 小小的额外人道主义服务 |
[27:04] | They’re a drug company, Arnold. Come on. | 拜托,阿诺德 他们可是制药厂 |
[27:07] | No drug company does something for nothing. | 制药厂可都不是乐善好施的 |
[27:11] | ls there… something you’re not telling me- | 是不是… 你对我隐瞒了什么 |
[27:14] | [ Laughs ] Arnold? | 阿诺德? |
[27:40] | [ Whimpering ] | |
[27:54] | Hello, Sandy. | 你好,桑迪 |
[27:57] | l’m so sorry, Tessa. | 我很难过,苔莎 |
[27:59] | Gloria sends her sympathies. What can one say? | 格洛丽亚也很惋惜 说什么好呢? |
[28:03] | lt was a boy. | 是个男孩 |
[28:06] | – Did Justin already tell you that? – Tessa. Tessa. | – 贾斯汀有没有告诉你? – 苔莎,苔莎 |
[28:09] | This one was born healthy though. | 这个孩子很健康 |
[28:12] | Weren’t you, my beautiful, beautiful darling? | 是不是啊 我美丽、美丽的小生命? |
[28:15] | [ Sniffles ] His name is Baraka. lt means blessing. | 他叫布拉卡 代表了祝福 |
[28:20] | l… don’t quite see. | 我… 我不明白 |
[28:24] | Who the mother is? [ Coos ] | 孩子的母亲? |
[28:27] | Her name is Wanza Kilulu. | 她叫旺查 科鲁鲁 |
[28:30] | She’s 1 5, and she’s dying. | 15岁,病危 |
[28:34] | Kioko’s 1 2. | 科科12岁 |
[28:36] | He walked 40 kilometers just to keep the flies off his sister and her baby. | 他步行40公里只是为了 让姐姐和孩子远离苍蝇 |
[28:40] | Perhaps that’s the blessing. | 或许这就是祝福 |
[28:43] | [Justin, Whispering ] Darling, please don’t. | 亲爱的,别 |
[28:46] | Please sit here, Mr. Woodrow. l’ll wait outside. | 请坐,伍德罗先生 我去外面等 |
[28:48] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[28:51] | Kioko, here you are. | 科科,给你 |
[28:55] | You sweetheart. | 你的甜心 |
[28:58] | -Justin, my darling, could you please go and get me a fresh bottle of water? – Hmm? Sure. | – 贾斯汀,亲爱的,帮我取瓶水喝好吗? – 嗯,好的 |
[29:02] | [ Footsteps Departing ] | |
[29:06] | Now, Sandy? Yes? | – 现在,桑迪 – 什么? |
[29:09] | lf l tell you something, | 如果我告诉你些事情 |
[29:12] | will you listen to me? | 你会相信我吗? |
[29:14] | Not here, Tessa. [ Chuckles ] | 别在这,苔莎 |
[29:17] | No, Sandy, if l tell you that that- | 不,桑迪 如果我告诉你… |
[29:19] | that that girl over there was being murdered, would you believe me? | 那边的女孩是被害死的 你会信我吗? |
[29:23] | Tessa, you’re tired. You’re feverish. No. No, l’m not. | – 苔莎,你累了,你发烧了 – 不,不,我没 |
[29:27] | Now we haven’t got all of the evidence yet, but when we get it, | 目前我们还没有足够的证据 但是当我们有了证据 |
[29:30] | if l bring it to you, will you-will you actually do something for once? | 如果我交给你,你会…你会 帮我们一次吗? |
[29:33] | What you need is rest. Now what l’m- l’m talking about are coincidences. | – 你需要的是休息 – 现在,我,我说的是巧合 |
[29:38] | Tessa, you’ve got to stop involving yourself in matters that don’t concern you. | 苔莎,你不要再将自己卷入 和你不相干的事务中去 |
[29:42] | You’re embarrassing the High Commission, and you’re not doing Justin’s career any good. | 你令特使团为难 而且这对贾斯汀的事业没有一点好处 |
[29:47] | Justin doesn’t know what l do. That doesn’t surprise me. | – 贾斯汀并不知道我做的事情 – 这我丝毫不觉得惊讶 |
[29:50] | Sandy, you’ve got to promise me… | 桑迪,你一定要答应我… |
[29:54] | that you’re going to act on what we tell you. | 你会按照我们要求的去做 |
[29:57] | We? Me and Arnold. | – 我们? – 我和阿诺德 |
[30:07] | Please? All right. l promise. | – 求你了 – 那好,我答应 |
[30:14] | Within reason. | 有前提的 |
[30:16] | Within reason. [ Laughs ] | 有前提的 |
[30:21] | Uh, there’s a man. [ Sniffles ] | 嗯,有个人… |
[30:29] | She’s raving mad. You’ve got to get her to a proper clinic. | 她已经语无伦次 你得带她去更好的医院 |
[30:32] | With white doctors, Mr. Woodrow? | 白人医生? 伍德罗先生? |
[30:36] | For Christ’s sake,Justin, she’s your wife. Yes, she’s my wife. | – 看在上帝的份上,贾斯汀 她是你的妻子 – 是的,她是 我的 妻子 |
[30:56] | [ Arnold ] You see, she’s dead. | 你看,她死了 |
[30:58] | What did you give her? lt doesn’t matter. | – 你给她的是什么? – 这无关紧要 |
[31:00] | Dr. Lorbeer,you have got to stop testing on patients with H.I. V. | 洛比尔医生,你别在HIV病人身上做试验了 |
[31:05] | – lt- Look at me. – I have to go. | – 看着我 – 我得走了 |
[31:19] | Justin, stop the car. Stop, stop, stop. Why? What is it? | – 贾斯汀,停车,停下,停下 – 为什么?怎么了? |
[31:31] | [ Sighs ] Tessa. | 苔莎 |
[31:34] | lt’s 40 kilometers to Miluri. | 到米鲁里有40公里 |
[31:38] | lt’s gonna take them all night. | 他们得走上一整夜 |
[31:40] | We can’t involve ourselves in their lives, Tessa. | 我们不能把自己 卷入他们的生活,苔莎 |
[31:43] | Why? | 为什么? |
[31:49] | [ Sighs ] Be reasonable. | 讲点道理,好吗 |
[31:53] | There are millions of people. They all need help. | 这有上百万的人 都需要帮助 |
[31:55] | That’s what the agencies are here for. | 办事处在这里就是为了帮助他们 |
[31:58] | Yeah, but these are three people that we can help. | 没错,可现在有三个人 我们是可以帮助的 |
[32:00] | [ Sighs ] Please. | 求你了 |
[32:06] | Justin. | 贾斯汀 |
[32:10] | l’m sorry, Tessa. l have to put you first. | 对不起,苔莎 我得优先照顾你 |
[32:16] | I have to get you home. | 我得送你回家 |
[32:33] | Probably got enough there now, Mustafa. | 这儿差不多够了,穆斯塔法 |
[32:35] | Yeah? l think. | – 是吗? – 是的 |
[32:38] | Just the flowers this time, please. | 只洒花这次,好吗 |
[32:41] | You can spare the weeds. | 别洒到野草上了 |
[32:43] | The pest must eat too, bwana. Yes, l know. lf only they would. | – 害虫也要吃草的,老板 – 我知道,它们就要养料 |
[32:46] | They can eat the weeds. Look, you should be wearing gloves with that, you know? | – 他们可以吃野草 – 你得带上手套,知道吗? |
[32:49] | And there’s a mask if you want it. Okay. | – 这儿有口罩,若你需要 – 好的 |
[32:51] | lt’s an outrageous thing. lt’s almost as if it’s a- it’s a marriage of convenience- Shh. | – 这是残暴的事情,似乎是利益的联姻 – 嘘 |
[32:56] | Tessa. and the only thing it’s gonna produce is dead offspring. | – 苔莎 – 而且唯一的后果就是 产生夭折的后代 |
[33:01] | l’m sorry to interrupt. | 抱歉打断你们了 |
[33:06] | – What the fuck is that? – What? | – 这他妈的是什么? – 你说什么? |
[33:10] | l said, what the fuck is that? Tessa, it’s pesticide. | – 我说了,这他妈的是什么? – 苔莎,是杀虫剂 |
[33:13] | lt- lt’s just unbelievable. | 真…真是不可思议 |
[33:15] | Would you just get that thing out of this house? | 你给我把这东西扔掉好吗? |
[33:19] | Well, if you feel that strongly about it, yes, Tessa- anything. | 哦,如果你强烈反对 好的,苔莎,随你得便 |
[33:23] | It would help if you might explain to me what’s upsetting her. | 帮忙告诉我 是什么让她生气了 |
[33:27] | l mean, this doesn’t kill people, does it? Unless they swallow it? | 这又不害人,不是吗? 除非吃下去 |
[33:30] | No. What? Then can you tell me why she’s so- | – 是的 – 什么?那么你告诉我,她为什么… |
[33:33] | You have to trust her,Justin. | 你要相信她,贾斯汀 |
[33:35] | lt’s hard, you know, when she-we don’t talk about- | 这很难,你知道吗 当她…我们不谈这个 |
[33:38] | – Does she blame me for losing the baby? – Of course not. Give her time. | – 失去了孩子,她责怪我? – 当然不,给她点时间 |
[33:41] | Tell her l’ll be back later. | 告诉她我迟些再来 |
[33:45] | [ Woman’s Voice ] Wherever there are drug companies… | 只要是有制药厂… |
[33:47] | testing their drugs on people who they think are expendable, | 草菅人命般的拿人做试验 |
[33:49] | you’ll find organizations like ours trying to fight back. | 就有我们这样的组织 站出来反击 |
[33:52] | Of course, the problem is that they have millions to spend on P.R…. | 不过,问题在于 他们在公关上花费巨资…. |
[33:55] | while we work with volunteers and a few donated computers. | 而我们只有少数志愿者 和捐赠的电脑而已 |
[33:59] | If you’re gonna dig deeper, then most of us have Web sites. | 你可以挖掘更多内幕 我们很多组织都有网站 |
[34:02] | Check out Oxfam, M.S.F., Health Action International- | 查查牛津饥荒救济会,M.S.F. 国际卫生行动 |
[34:07] | Put it in here. | 放到这里来 |
[34:12] | Just mind the roses, please, Mustafa. [ Tessa’s Voice ] Hi, Birgit. | – 请小心那些玫瑰,穆斯塔法 – 嗨,布里吉特 |
[34:14] | Sorry. More questions. Tessa never sleeps. Always time for you, Tessa. | – 对不起,还有些问题 苔莎从不睡觉的 – 为你我总有时间的,苔莎 |
[34:24] | [ Birgit’s Voice ] Take care of yourself, Tessa, okay? I think you’re a bit-[ German ] | 照顾好自己,苔莎,好吗? 我想你有点…(德语) |
[34:28] | l’m very tired. l’m sorry. l can’t translate that word to you. | 我很累了,抱歉 那个词我就不译给你听了 |
[34:32] | So you’d better ask that kind, nice husband of yours- | 所以,你最好要你那好丈夫… |
[34:35] | [ Man Singing In Foreign Language ] | |
[34:53] | [ Car Door Slams ] | |
[34:55] | [ Arnold ] Okay. See you, Tessa. | 那好,再见,苔莎 |
[34:57] | [ Fades ] | |
[35:03] | Hi. | Hi. – 嗨 – 嗨 |
[35:06] | lt’s bloody awful weather. | 这糟糕的天气 |
[35:09] | You really shouldn’t have waited up. | 你真不必为我彻夜守候 |
[35:12] | Good. Then l think you should go to bed. | 很好,那我想你该去休息了 |
[35:17] | l’m safe home now, sweetheart. No, you’re drenched. Look, take those wet things off. | – 我已经安全到家了,亲爱的 – 不,你都湿透了,快把湿的脱掉 |
[35:21] | Tessa, come to bed with me, please. Yeah, l- | – 苔莎,和我去休息吧,好吗 – 好,我… |
[35:24] | l will, but there’s, um, something l have to do first. lt’s important. | 我会的,可是 我还有事情,很重要的 |
[35:27] | Tessa, | 苔莎 |
[35:32] | whatever it is that you and Arnold are doing, | 不管你和阿诺德 在做什么 |
[35:35] | l’d like it to stop. | 我要你罢手 |
[35:37] | Wow. Who have you been talking to? | 喔?你和谁谈过了已经? |
[35:41] | No one. These are my concerns, all right? | 没有,是我关心你,好吗? |
[35:46] | – l’m thinking of your health. – No. No, you’re not. | – 我为你的健康担心 – 不,不,你不是 |
[35:49] | They’ve asked you to rein me in, and you’re doing it. | 他们让你来阻止我 而你照做了 |
[35:51] | lt’s just unbelievable. | 难以置信 |
[35:53] | What the hell are you talking about? l hope you know me better than that. | 你到底在说些什么? 我以为你是了解我的 |
[35:57] | Your life is your own. That was always our agreement. | 你的生活完全自主 这一直是我们的协定 |
[36:00] | No. No, no. The agreement was… | 不,不,不,协定是… |
[36:03] | that my work was gonna be my own. | 我的工作完全自主 |
[36:05] | That’s what makes me who I am. | 是工作使我存在 |
[36:07] | l mean, if you stop me from doing my work, then l am nothing. l’m just nobody. l- | 我的意思是,若你要我放弃工作 那我就不是我,什么都不是了 |
[36:12] | [ Sighs ] l’m not trying to stop you doing anything. | 我没想着要你放弃一切 |
[36:15] | Please. l’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[36:18] | l’m just tired. That’s all. Very tired. | 我只是累了,就这些 我很累 |
[36:21] | Then come to bed. | 那么去休息 |
[36:27] | Hmm? Will you get me up for breakfast? | 嗯? 早餐好了叫我起床好吗? |
[36:38] | l’ve got to finish my report. | 我先去完成报告 |
[36:42] | Just smash it like that. [ Woman Laughs ] Oh.! Right. | 就这样踩碎 哦!对了 |
[36:45] | Now if you just put those there. | 现在把这些拿过来 |
[36:47] | You want probably to break them up into smaller pieces. | 再弄成小块的 |
[36:49] | A bit more vermilion. | 再红一点 |
[36:51] | Oh, you’re just very blase, aren’t you? | 你就是闲不住,不是吗? |
[36:54] | [Justin ] You know,just through feel. No, l wouldn’t- No. | 知道吗,感觉上 不,我不是的,不 |
[36:58] | I wouldn’t call it a parasite, no. | 我不会称它寄生虫的,不 |
[37:01] | You’re gonna be late for your match. Quick, quick, quick, quick! [ Laughs ] | 比赛要迟到了 加油,加油 |
[37:06] | Kenny, l can’t discuss this on the phone. [ Kenneth ] That cow of yours wouldn’t even give me an appointment. | – 肯尼,电话里不好聊这个 – 你那只母牛在我这根本连预约都轮不到 |
[37:10] | Time was you buggers couldn’t get your tongues far enough up my arse. What’s changed? | 你这混蛋给我舔屁股都不够格 有什么变化吗? |
[37:14] | Hi. If I find out that this has got anything to do with that bitch- | – 嗨 – 要是我发现这和那个婊子有关… |
[37:17] | Come to my office. l- l’ve got to go, Kenny. Bye. | 来我的办公室谈 我得挂了,肯尼,再见 |
[37:21] | Having trouble with ThreeBees, Sandy? | 和三蜜蜂公司有麻烦?桑迪 |
[37:23] | Just Kenny being Kenny. Oh. Nothing to do with my report then? | – 肯尼还是老样子罢了 – 哦,不是因为我的报告? |
[37:27] | Oh, he’s just ranting. [ Sighs ] | 哦,只是咆哮而已 |
[37:30] | Oh, Sandy, you promised me you were gonna do something. | 桑迪,你答应过我 你会帮助我的 |
[37:33] | l sent your report to London. | 我把你的报告送到伦敦了 |
[37:35] | Really? Yes. | – 是吗? – 是的 |
[37:37] | To Pellegrin? Yes. | – 交给佩格林? – 是的 |
[37:39] | And? There was no official response. | – 后来呢? – 没有正式的回复 |
[37:42] | Well, what was there then? | 哦,那刚才是怎么回事? |
[37:44] | [ Laughs ] Well,just a personal letter. That’s all. | 呵,只是个人信件,仅此而已 |
[37:47] | Saying? | 说什么? |
[37:49] | lt’s private. What do you mean, it’s private? | – 私人事务 – 什么意思,私人事务? |
[37:53] | That’s the most ridiculous thing l’ve ever heard. l sent him an official document. | 这真是荒诞不经 我发给他一份正式的文档 |
[37:56] | l gonna have to call Pellegrin and ask him. No, no. Don’t do that, Tessa. | – 我得给佩格林打电话问问他 – 不,不,别这样,苔莎 |
[37:59] | Why? lt’s serious. | – 为什么? – 这很严重 |
[38:02] | You know me well enough to know that l’m not gonna take no for an answer. Come on. | 你了解我,该知道 我是不会坐视不管的 |
[38:07] | Tessa, | 苔莎 |
[38:09] | l’m supposed to keep an eye on you. | 有人叫我盯住你 |
[38:11] | What? Report where you are, | – 什么? – 报告你在哪 |
[38:15] | what you’re doing. | 做什么 |
[38:18] | Trust me, Tessa. | 相信我,苔莎 |
[38:22] | This is something that you should not pursue. | 这件事 你是不能再追究下去了 |
[38:26] | l say that as a friend who cares deeply for you. | 做为一个深深关心你的朋友 我才这么说 |
[38:30] | Sandy? Oh, Tessa. Hi, Gloria. | – 桑迪?喔,苔莎 – 嗨,格洛丽亚 |
[38:34] | Been wondering where you’d got to. | 正纳闷你去哪了 |
[38:36] | Darling, you know, we really have to leave now. | 亲爱的,我们得走了 |
[38:39] | Match starts in half an hour. Harry’s got a cricket match. | 比赛半小时后开始 哈里有板球比赛 |
[38:41] | That is, you’re still coming, right? Yes, of course. | – 那好,你来的,对吧? – 当然 |
[38:43] | You’re not too busy, no? One sec. | – 你不忙吧,嗯? – 就一会 |
[38:46] | Right. Okay. | 好的 |
[38:48] | Justin’s waiting for you in the car. All right. Tell him l’ll be right down. | – 贾斯汀在车里等你 – 好的,告诉他我马上就来 |
[38:58] | Sandy, what do you think of me? | 桑迪,你认为我怎样? |
[39:03] | l think you’re beautiful. Do you? | – 你很漂亮 – 是吗? |
[39:05] | Yes. Really? | – 是的 – 真的? |
[39:07] | Yes. | 真的 |
[39:09] | Well, you can have me if you show me the letter. | 让我看信 你就可以拥有我 |
[39:16] | Ooh. | 喔 |
[39:24] | Are you serious? | 你当真? |
[39:26] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[39:28] | [ Chuckles ] | |
[39:32] | When? | 什么时候? |
[39:35] | Um, when l get back from Loki. | 呃,等我从洛基回来 |
[39:41] | Tessa, | 苔莎 |
[39:44] | if anyone ever found out- [ Car Horn Honks ] | 如果有谁知道… |
[39:47] | l’d shown you the letter, l’d be ruined. | 我把信给你看了 那我就完了 |
[39:50] | No one’s gonna know, Sandy. | 没人会知道的,桑迪 |
[40:08] | Put it back in the drawer. | 放回到抽屉里 |
[40:11] | Lock the drawer. Put the key back. | 锁好,放好钥匙 |
[40:15] | Read it at once. | 立刻就看 |
[40:18] | Promise? Promise. | – 保证? – 保证 |
[40:32] | My continent, Africa, is staggering… | 非洲,我的母亲,在不止一种… |
[40:36] | under the weight of not one, but three plagues. | 而是三重瘟疫的折磨下 奄奄一息 |
[40:39] | Yet still the governments of the U.S.A. and Europe, | 然而,美国以及欧洲政府 |
[40:43] | at the behest of the pharmaceutical companies that seem to control them, | 在制药公司的授意下 并受之控制 |
[40:46] | drag their feet and continue to give us endless reasons… | 延缓误事且不断 给我们数不清的理由… |
[40:51] | why we should buy your branded drugs at five, 1 0, 20 times the price. | 来为药物支付 5倍、10倍、20倍的价格 |
[40:57] | Sweetheart, don’t bother to see us off. lt could be ages. | 亲爱的,别为送行而苦恼 都让你变老了 |
[40:59] | Okay, well, if you’re sure. | 那好 |
[41:01] | [ Kissing ] | |
[41:06] | lt’s too hot to be standing around. Bye, Arnold. | 站着都嫌热 再见,阿诺德 |
[41:11] | Let me take your bag for you. Thank you. | – 我来帮你拿 – 谢谢 |
[41:14] | Bye, sweetheart. | 再见,亲爱的 |
[41:16] | See you in, uh- in a couple of days. | 那么…过几天见 |
[41:23] | [ Children Chattering ] | |
[41:28] | [ Men Chattering ] | |
[41:31] | [ Children Chattering ] | |
[41:43] | [ Clanging ] | |
[41:45] | [ Squawking ] | |
[41:55] | [ Footsteps Departing ] | |
[42:05] | [ Woman On TV] | #警方怀疑土匪 为谋杀事件负责# #车内发现的被害者是 31岁的乔纳森 萨姆布# #司机,也是三个孩子的父亲# |
[42:25] | [ Mustafa ] Tessa. Tessa? | #和苔莎 奎伊 一名英国外交官的妻子# 苔莎 苔莎? |
[42:28] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[42:31] | [ Man On Radio ] The bodies were locked inside a car and had been mutilated. Turn it off, will you? | – (广播)尸体被锁在车内并受到侵犯 – 关掉,好吗? |
[42:35] | Certainly. Sorry. | 好的,抱歉 |
[42:38] | [ Chattering ] | |
[42:48] | [ Woman ] Mr. Quayle.! | 奎伊先生! |
[42:58] | – Mustafa. – [ Foreign Language ] | 穆斯塔法 #我们很难过# |
[43:03] | Mmm. | |
[43:06] | [ Foreign Language ] | |
[43:08] | – [ Chuckles ] Tessa’s family. – Yes. | – 苔莎的家人 – 是的 |
[43:12] | Police were here, bwana. When? | – 警察来过,老板 – 什么时候? |
[43:15] | This morning. They took away Mama Tessa’s things. | 今早,他们取走了苔莎夫人的东西 |
[43:18] | Better make a list of what’s missing. | 最好给少了的东西列个清单 |
[43:21] | Mustafa. | 穆斯塔法 |
[43:35] | See? l told you. | 看见了?我告诉过你 |
[43:38] | They took away the CD’s, the diskettes, the computer. | 他们拿走了光盘,磁盘,电脑 |
[43:41] | They came here and took the- the files, the papers. | 他们过来,并且翻了文件和论文 |
[43:44] | Just didn’t want to touch anything so that you can come and see for yourself what they did. | 我什么都没碰 只是想你看看他们都干了些什么 |
[43:48] | Okay, thank you. Thank you, Mustafa. | 谢谢,谢谢你,穆斯塔法 |
[44:21] | Dypraxa? | Dypraxa(药品名)? |
[44:35] | [ Sighs ] | |
[44:37] | Huh. | 呵 |
[44:50] | [ Clattering ] | |
[44:54] | [ Sandy’s Voice ] Darling Tessa,you have hurt me more than you know. | 亲爱的苔莎,你对我的伤害 超出了你的想象 |
[44:57] | Trusting you to be honorable, I afforded you, against all the rules, | 出于对你的完全信任 我破除规定,帮助了你 |
[45:01] | an opportunity that you have abused in the worst way. | 而你却让我彻底失望了 |
[45:04] | I beg you, for the sake of my career, to return what you took. | 我请求你,看在我事业的份上 归还被你拿走的东西 |
[45:10] | If you will not, then at least save what is left of me… | 若你不愿,那么至少 将我从… |
[45:12] | by chucking in your ridiculous sham of a marriage, as I will mine, | 你那荒谬、虚伪的婚姻中拯救出来 如同我要做的那样 |
[45:16] | and bolting with me to the end of the earth. | 且与我在天涯海角厮守 |
[45:19] | I love you, I love you… | 我爱你,我爱你… |
[45:22] | and I love you. [ Scoffs ] | 我爱你 |
[45:24] | Sandy. [ Laughs ] | 桑迪 |
[45:29] | [ Clattering ] | |
[45:34] | l’m sorry to have been so long, Sandy. | 抱歉让你久等了,桑迪 |
[45:38] | Seems they’ve been in here too. | 似乎他们也来过这了 |
[45:40] | Anything missing in the bedroom? | 卧室里少了什么? |
[45:42] | Her laptop’s gone and her disks and all her files. | 她的笔记本不见了 以及磁盘和所有文件 |
[45:45] | Yes. lt’s a mess. | 是的,一团糟 |
[45:48] | What’s in that? | 那里面是什么? |
[45:50] | Oh, uh, her will, | 哦,她的遗嘱 |
[45:53] | amongst other things. Oh. | – 还有其他的一些东西 – 哦 |
[45:56] | Seems she wanted to be buried in Africa. | 似乎她的遗愿是 安葬在非洲 |
[45:59] | Oh. | 哦 |
[46:01] | Darling Tessa. Hmm. | 亲爱的苔莎 |
[46:09] | [ Women Singing In Foreign Language ] | |
[46:20] | [ Singing Continues ] | |
[46:27] | Excuse me. [ Shovels Clanging ] | 等等 |
[46:30] | Excuse me. | Excuse me. 等等,等等 |
[46:32] | What are you doing? Could someone please explain what they’re doing, please? | 你在干什么?有人来解释一下 他们是在干吗,好吗? |
[46:36] | Look,Justin, it- it’s just concrete. lt’s to keep the grave robbers out. | 瞧,贾斯汀,只是混凝土 防盗墓贼的 |
[46:40] | Tessa expressed a wish to lie… | 苔莎的遗愿是安躺在… |
[46:44] | in African soil, not in bloody concrete. | 非洲的土地里 而不是什么该死的混凝土 |
[46:48] | Nothing can grow in concrete. | 混凝土里没有生命 |
[46:50] | Kindly tell them to leave, please, Ghita. | 请让他们离开 谢谢,基塔 |
[46:54] | And you too, please, gentlemen. Thank you. lt was kind of you to come. | 还有你们,谢谢,先生们 谢谢你们,感谢你们前来 |
[47:26] | Hello. | 你好 |
[47:28] | Kioko. lt’s Kioko? Yes. | 科科,是科科吗? 是的 |
[47:32] | You’re Wanza’s brother. Justin. Yes. | 你是旺查的弟弟,贾斯汀 是的 |
[47:34] | You brought a card for Tessa? Yes. | 你为苔莎带来了卡片? 是的 |
[47:36] | You walked here? Did you walk? [ Foreign Language ] | 你是步行来的?走来的? |
[47:38] | [ Foreign Language ] Thank you. | 谢谢你 #与旺查同眠# #三蜜蜂公司 Dypraxa# |
[48:27] | [ Tessa’s Voice ] You’ll always protect me, won’t you? | 你会一直保护我的,对吗? |
[48:31] | [Justin’s Voice ] Yeah. Of course. | 是的,当然 |
[48:34] | Of course I’ll protect you. And I’m gonna protect you. | – 我当然会保护你 – 我也会保护你的 |
[48:37] | [ Ghita ] Justin? | 贾斯汀? |
[48:40] | Hi. You’re a million miles away. | 嗨,你跑得远远的 |
[48:42] | Yes, l was. Um, l’m taking refuge in my nasturtium seeds. | 啊,是的,我躲着 来照料金莲花种子 |
[48:47] | Listen, you know-you know that l’m here for you, don’t you? | 听我说,你知道,你知道 我是来看你的,嗯? |
[48:50] | Yes, l do. Thank you, Ghita. You’re a good friend. | 是的,我明白,谢谢你,基塔 你是好朋友 |
[48:55] | l, uh- l’m afraid l wanted to ask you a question. | 我,呃,我有个问题不知 可不可以问 |
[48:57] | Rather a delicate question. l-Well, maybe it’s indelicate. | 有点棘手的问题 或许有点唐突 |
[49:03] | Um- Anything. | 嗯?尽管问吧 |
[49:06] | What do you think that Arnold and Tessa were doing at Lake Turkana? | 你觉得阿诺德和苔莎 在图卡那湖做什么? |
[49:10] | Oh, l see. | 明白了 |
[49:13] | You know, they did spend enough time together to give everyone the impression that they were- | 我是说,他们在一起待了很久 以至于让人猜测… |
[49:17] | Come on,Justin. You know what this place is like. | 别这样,贾斯汀 你知道这地方的 |
[49:20] | lf you can’t have sex, you have other people’s sex- real or imagined. | 如果自己不亲热 就议论别人的短长,真实的或杜撰的 |
[49:25] | Who’s this? lt’s Claude. | – 这是谁? – 是克劳德 |
[49:27] | Arnold’s boyfriend. | 阿诺德的男友 |
[49:30] | [ Chuckles ] l’d never have guessed. | 我可猜不到 |
[49:33] | lt’s illegal here. You don’t shout about it. | 在这是不合法的 你别声张 |
[49:37] | Ah, well. | 我有数 |
[49:39] | [ Laughs ] Wish she could’ve told me. | 她早告诉我就好了 |
[49:41] | Perhaps she didn’t think you needed to know. | 或许她觉得你不必知道的 |
[49:55] | Tessa Quayle I have, but I have no Wanza Kilulu. Are you sure that is the right name? | 苔莎 奎伊我有的 可我找不到旺查 科鲁鲁的资料 你确定名字是对的? |
[50:01] | Uh, yes, Wanza Kilulu, and, uh, there was a white doctor attending to her, | 是的,旺查 科鲁鲁,对了 当时还有个白人医生照顾她 |
[50:04] | and he was there when she died. | 她死的时候,医生在场 |
[50:07] | Perhaps he conducted the postmortem. Maybe you have a record of the postmortem. | 或许他负责尸检 可能你有关于尸检的记录 |
[50:10] | lf l have no patient’s record, how can l have a postmortem record? | 我连病人的资料也没有 怎么会有尸检的记录? |
[50:14] | And we don’t have European doctors working here. | 而且这里没有欧洲来的医生 |
[50:16] | Right, but her name is definitely Wanza Kilulu, | 没错,她的名字就是旺查 科鲁鲁 |
[50:19] | and I remember that she was- Well, if she does not appear in my records here- | 我记得她… 我的记录里面没有她… |
[50:22] | l’m sorry. She does not- l don’t think she was- Yes. No, l understand. | – 抱歉,她并不… – 是,不,我懂 |
[50:26] | l mean, l’m not mad here. She was in the bed. Okay, fine, yeah. l’m sorry. | – 我没生气,可她就在病床上 – 那好,嗯,我很抱歉 #白人,把车窗摇下来# |
[50:29] | [ Children Shouting ] | |
[50:51] | [ Foreign Language ] | |
[50:54] | You want money? | 你们要钱? #帮个忙,认识科科吗?# |
[51:00] | Fifty. | |
[51:02] | Fifty. Fifty. | |
[51:05] | [ Shouting ] | |
[51:19] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[51:21] | [ Foreign Language ] | [ Foreign Language ] |
[51:24] | He helped my wife, and l’m trying to find him. | 他帮助过我妻子 我要找到他 |
[51:27] | l think he lives here, but l have no idea where he is. | 我认为他住在这 可我不知道具体在哪 |
[51:29] | [ Foreign Language ] | |
[51:36] | It’s a family. You don’t know him? | 是一家人,你不认识他? |
[51:39] | Kioko Kilulu. Kioko Kilulu? | 科科 科鲁鲁 科科 科鲁鲁? |
[51:42] | Yes, a name. Do you know? | 对,人名,你知道? |
[51:44] | Who is it? Who is it? lt’s a family, from here. | – 是谁?是谁? – 是一家子,这儿的 |
[51:47] | – [ Woman ] A girl? – [Justin’s Voice ] He’s a young boy, about 1 2. No? | – 女孩? – 小男孩,大约12岁 |
[51:58] | Kioko? | 科科 |
[52:00] | Kioko, hello. Hello. | 科科,你好 你好 |
[52:02] | Do- Do you remember me? | 你,你还记得我吗? |
[52:04] | l’ve been looking for you. | 我一直在找你 |
[52:07] | No trouble. You’re not in trouble. l just want to talk to you. | – 不要麻烦 – 你不会有事的 我只是想和你谈谈 |
[52:09] | ls this the clinic where Wanza was treated? [ Woman Speaking Foreign Language ] | 旺查就是在这里治疗的? |
[52:13] | [ Foreign Language ] [ Crying ] | |
[52:19] | [ Foreign Language ] | |
[52:21] | [ Crying Continues ] [ Woman ] I cannot help you without- | 我不能帮你… |
[52:27] | [ Foreign Language ] Next. | 下一位 |
[52:31] | Can l help you? Why-Why was that lady turned away? | – 需要帮忙吗? – 为什么那位女士被拒? |
[52:34] | She refuses treatment. But she seemed to want to have treatment. | – 她拒绝接受治疗 – 可她似乎愿意接受治疗 |
[52:39] | She’s a T.B. patient who discontinued her treatment. Her card was canceled. | 她是个放弃治疗的肺结核病人 她的卡片被取消 |
[52:43] | Isn’t that all the more reason to inoculate her child? | 那是不是更应该 为她的孩子接种疫苗? |
[52:46] | This is diphtheria vaccine. What is your business here, please? | 这是白喉疫苗 请问你有何贵干? |
[52:51] | My name is Quayle. l’m from the British High Commission. | 我是奎伊 我是英国特派使团的 |
[52:53] | Do you see any of your countrymen here, Mr. Quayle? | 你看到这儿有你们英国人吗? 奎伊先生? |
[52:56] | Uh, excuse me one- May l see your card, Kioko? | 呃,等等 我可以看你的卡片吗?科科 |
[53:01] | l see. This is in Wanza’s name. | 明白了,这是旺查的名字 |
[53:03] | That’s the family- lt’s a family medical card, right? Yes. | – 是家庭…这是家庭治疗卡,对吗? – 是的 |
[53:06] | And what does ”I.C. ”mean? It means informed consent. | – 这里的“I.C.”是什么意思? – 代表“知情同意” |
[53:09] | lt means they consented to treatment and have family medical entitlement. | 表示他们同意接受治疗 然后家人获得治疗的权利 |
[53:13] | And that treatment is Dypraxa? | 这治疗就是Dypraxa? |
[53:16] | But if they don’t give consent, then they lose the right to medical care? | 可如果他们不同意 那么就失去了治疗的权利? |
[53:21] | It’s not much of a choice, is it? I suppose they’re not even informed that they’re testing a new drug? | 那就是没什么选择了,不是吗? 我猜他们根本就不知道 他们正被测试一种新药? |
[53:25] | – I don’t make the rules, Mr. Quayle. – Mr. Quayle? | – 我做不了主,奎伊先生 – 奎伊先生? |
[53:28] | Yes? Will you please come with us? | – 什么事? – 请跟我们来,好吗? |
[53:33] | Kioko, there’s your card. Thank you. | 科科,你的卡片 谢谢 #他只是问我要卡片看 我不认识他# |
[53:39] | [ Foreign Language ] [ Kioko Murmuring ] | |
[53:50] | Why is the child being questioned? lt’s okay. | – 为什么那个孩子被问话? – 没关系的 |
[53:52] | [ Foreign Language ] | |
[53:58] | [ Honking ] | |
[54:02] | [ Man’s Voice ] Why did you come to talk to this boy? | 为什么你过来 和那孩子说话? |
[54:04] | He attended my wife’s funeral, so l came to thank him. | 他参加了我妻子的葬礼 所以我来感谢他 |
[54:07] | For a diplomat, you’re not a very good liar. | 作为一个外交官 你可不善于撒谎 |
[54:10] | Well, l haven’t risen very high. | 呃,那是因为我的职位还不够高 |
[54:12] | We know about your wife, Mr. Quayle. | 我们知道你妻子的事情,奎伊先生 |
[54:16] | He was her lover- this, uh, Bluhm. | 他是她的情人,这个,布鲁 |
[54:21] | So people are pleased to tell me. | 因此人们乐意告诉我这个 |
[54:25] | These men you hired to kill them- | 而你雇佣了一些人去杀他们… |
[54:27] | They rape and kill her, and they let him go. | 他们强奸,然后杀了她 放走了情夫 |
[54:29] | Where did you find them? | 你从哪雇的人? |
[54:32] | Well, perhaps l asked a policeman. Can you tell me what l’m doing here, please? | 呃,或许我问了某位警察 你能告诉我,我是来干吗的? |
[54:35] | We’ve been asked to… keep you here. | 有人让我们… 把你留在这 |
[54:38] | Right. Help us help you. l’m sorry. Could you explain? | – 对,互相行个方便(喝杯茶) – 对不起,你说什么? |
[54:42] | l have not acquired a taste for Kenyan tea, l’m afraid. | 对不起,我对肯尼亚茶没兴趣 |
[54:45] | Look, we’re trying to help you. You help us, we help you. | 瞧,我们是想帮你 你帮我们,我们也帮你 |
[54:49] | lf you give us something small, we can always say we didn’t find you. [ Foreign Language ] | 给我们些的好处 我们就可以说没找到你 |
[54:53] | Don’t you believe l have the power to let you go? | 你不知道我有权让你走吗? |
[54:57] | Can l help you? Yes. | – 需要帮忙? – 是的 |
[54:59] | My name is Woodrow, Acting Head of Mission for Her Majesty’s government. | 我的名字是伍德罗 女王陛下的特使团团长 |
[55:03] | This is Detective lnspector Deasey of Scotland Yard. | 这位是苏格兰厂(警察机关) 的迪塞探长 |
[55:05] | Mr. Deasey will be inquiring into the death of Mr. Quayle’s wife. | 迪塞先生将负责调查 奎伊先生的太太死因 |
[55:08] | lf you have any questions, ask them of him. | 如果你有问题 问他好了 |
[55:12] | Is that clear? | 你听明白了? |
[55:14] | You weren’t mistreated? No. | – 没有为难你吧? – 没 |
[55:16] | You know whose territory you are in, Mr.- What did you say your name was? | 你知道你是在谁的土地上吗? 你刚说你叫什么来着? |
[55:20] | And your name is? | 你叫什么? |
[55:23] | Right. | 很好 |
[55:25] | The, uh-The boy Kioko who l came to see- | 呃,那个我来看的男孩科科… |
[55:27] | What have you done with him? He ran away. | – 你们把他怎么了? – 他跑了 |
[55:31] | l hope nothing’s happened to him. | 我希望他没什么事 |
[55:36] | Where’s your car,Justin? lt’s near the market. | – 贾斯汀,你的车呢? – 在市场旁边 |
[55:47] | [Justin ] ls that the official thinking then- that Arnold killed Tessa? | 阿诺德杀死了苔莎 这就是官方的想法? |
[55:50] | [ Sandy ] l’m afraid that’s looking likely. | 恐怕确实如此 |
[55:52] | Do you think that he was her lover? | 那你认为他们是情人? |
[55:55] | l’m afraid that’s looking likely too. | 恐怕也是如此 |
[55:58] | What were they doing up at Lake Turkana? | 他们在图卡那湖那里做什么? |
[56:02] | Romantic setting. Sorry to have to say it, old chap. | 共度浪漫 抱歉这么说了,老友 |
[56:06] | But why suspect Bluhm then? l mean, there may have been others- | 那为什么要怀疑布鲁呢? 我的意思是,或许还有别的… |
[56:10] | other lovers. | 别的情人 |
[56:12] | If she was an unfaithful wife, why stop at Arnold? | 如果她是一个不忠的妻子 为何只留在阿诺德身边? |
[56:15] | l wouldn’t listen to rumor, | 我不会听信谣言 |
[56:18] | unless you’ve evidence? | 除非你有证据? |
[56:20] | Yes, evidence. That’s always the problem. | 对,证据 总是个难题 |
[56:24] | Justin, | 贾斯汀 |
[56:26] | be a good chap and leave this to us. | 听话些 把事情交给我们 |
[56:28] | There are proper channels for these things. | 此事有正当的渠道解决 |
[56:32] | [ Man Singing In Foreign Language ] | |
[56:37] | [ Honking ] | |
[56:47] | [ Continues ] | |
[56:53] | [Justin’s Voice ] Ghita, hi. Thanks for coming. | 基塔,嗨,谢谢你能来 |
[56:55] | So why did you want to meet here? Something that we shouldn’t be seen talking about? | 为什么选这里见面? 有什么不能让别人知道的? |
[56:59] | Dypraxa. | |
[57:03] | l know that Tessa and Arnold wrote a report on the ThreeBees trials, | 我知道苔莎和阿诺德撰写了 一份关于三蜜蜂公司试验的报告 |
[57:08] | and l need to know what happened to it. | 我想知道后来怎样了 |
[57:13] | What makes you think l know? | 你怎么以为我知道? |
[57:15] | Because they trusted you, and so do l. | 因为他们信任你 我也是 |
[57:20] | Help me, please, Ghita. | 帮帮我,求你了,基塔 |
[57:26] | All l know is that Tessa gave Sandy a copy. | 我只知道苔莎给了 桑迪一份复本 |
[57:30] | Sandy? Why him? | 桑迪?为什么是他? |
[57:35] | Sandy was a compromise- semiofficial. | 桑迪是中间派 半官方的 |
[57:39] | Arnold wanted to go public with it. Tessa wouldn’t. | 阿诺德想把事情公开 而苔莎不想如此 |
[57:41] | Because? Because she wanted to do it your way, through channels. | – 因为? – 因为她想以你的方式行事,通过渠道 |
[57:45] | But,Justin, l wouldn’t bother looking for it. | 可是,贾斯汀,傻子也知道… |
[57:47] | lf it threatens British commercial interests, it would’ve been shredded. She could’ve brought it to me. | – 如果报告损害了英国的商贸利益 那就会被雪藏 – 她可以给我 |
[57:52] | She didn’t want to get you involved. Why? | – 她不想把你给卷进来 – 为什么? |
[57:56] | [ Foreign Language ] | |
[57:59] | Ghita, why didn’t she want me involved? To protect you. | – 基塔,为什么她不想把我卷进来? – 为保护你 |
[58:08] | Do you know if she showed the report to anyone else? | 你知道报告还有谁看过? |
[58:11] | Kenny Curtiss. | 肯尼 科蒂斯 |
[58:17] | Time of the month, Kenny? | 月度最佳啊?肯尼? |
[58:19] | Fuck off. | 去死 |
[58:21] | Might help if you took the fucking flag out. | 若你把他妈的旗子拔掉 可能会好些 |
[58:23] | Well, get closer to the fucking hole, and maybe l will. | 要是离他妈的球洞更近些 没准我会 |
[58:28] | lnteresting man you got there, Crick. | 你够有趣的,克里克 |
[58:30] | Must be the only white caddy in Africa. | 或许是非洲唯一的白人球童 |
[58:34] | Look, KDH are waiting for me to default on my Dypraxa commitments, | 听着,KDH(公司)正等着 我搞砸关于Dypraxa的承诺 |
[58:38] | and l have a cash flow problem. | 而且我的现金流出问题了 |
[58:40] | What are you lot going to do about it? | 对此你打算怎么做? |
[58:44] | We never promised to protect you commercially. | 我们从未承诺 要保护你在商业上的利益 |
[58:48] | You protect me? That’s fucking rich. | 你保我?那你他妈的有钱了 |
[58:50] | A word or two from me in the right black ear, a couple of cases of Krug, | 只要我发几句话 |
[58:53] | and you’d be on the next plane back home. | 你便会坐下一班飞机回老家 |
[58:55] | l mean, l spend more money on champagne in a year than your shop’s annual fucking budget. | 我每年花在香槟上的钱 都比你那破烂部门年度预算还要多 |
[58:59] | Oh, there you go- Cause of your cash-flow problem. | 哦,来咯 你的现金流麻烦 |
[59:03] | You’re in my eyeline, old chap. | 你在我眼皮底下,老友 |
[59:05] | You’re what passes forJames Bond around here. | 你不过是007在这的衰老版 |
[59:08] | Get Her Majesty’s secret service to pull a few strings. lt’s what you spies do, isn’t it? | 张罗女王陛下的特勤去干点 秘密活动,就是你们特务的作为,不是吗? |
[59:13] | ls it? | 是吗? |
[59:15] | Never really sure what it is we do. | 从不清楚我们是干什么的 |
[59:20] | Don’t even think about bullying me, old man. | 别想着吓唬我,老头 |
[59:23] | l’m not a member of your gentlemen’s club. l don’t have to play by the rules. | 我可不是你们绅士俱乐部的成员 我不必依规矩游戏 |
[59:26] | So it seems. | 似乎如此 |
[59:29] | Call that one in, shall we? | 那找人来帮忙,好吗? |
[59:31] | [ Chuckles ] | |
[59:35] | Mr. Curtiss, l’m sorry to disturb your game. | 科蒂斯先生,很抱歉 打扰你打球 |
[59:39] | My name is Justin Quayle from the High Commission. | 我是特使团的贾斯汀 奎伊 |
[59:42] | l believe you knew my wife, Tessa. | 我相信你认识我的太太,苔莎 |
[59:44] | Justin. Didn’t know you were a member here. | 贾斯汀,不知道 你也是这的会员 |
[59:46] | Yes, l met her at one of your parties. | 是的,我在一次聚会上 见过她 |
[59:48] | She came to see you, l think. | 她去见你的,我想 |
[59:51] | She gave you a report that she had written on Dypraxa. | 她给过你一份她写的 关于Dypraxa的报告 |
[59:54] | Justin, l really don’t think this is the time or the place- | 贾斯汀,我觉得现在不是 讨论这个的时候… |
[59:57] | l hope you didn’t find her too troublesome, because she could be a terrier when she had a scent. | 我希望你不觉得她很烦 因为她发现线索时,就会紧追不放 |
[1:00:01] | Huh, sounds like you’re describing a bitch. | 呃,似乎你在形容一个婊子(母狗) |
[1:00:07] | l’m sorry about your loss, | 你失去妻子,我很抱歉 |
[1:00:09] | but l don’t remember being given any report. | 可我不记得什么报告了 |
[1:00:13] | Well, that’s odd, because she noted it in her diary. | 那就古怪了 因为她把这事写进日记了 |
[1:00:15] | Then you know more than l do. | 那你不是比我还了解了 |
[1:00:22] | Didn’t know, uh- Didn’t know Tessa kept a diary. | 我不知道,呃 不知道苔莎记日记的 |
[1:00:26] | Well, l think Tessa was right then, Tim. You don’t know everything. | 那,我想苔莎是对的,蒂姆 你并非事事知晓 |
[1:00:31] | l know where you’re going on Tuesday. | 可我知道周二你要去哪 |
[1:00:41] | [ Women Chattering ] | |
[1:00:43] | [ Train Whistle Blows ] | |
[1:01:03] | Next, please. | 下一位,请 |
[1:01:08] | Sorry about the weather. | 抱歉天气太糟 |
[1:01:11] | lt’s hardly your fault. | 不是你的错 |
[1:01:13] | Oh, dear. We’ve had some forgeries on the diplomatics. | 喔,您的护照是伪造的 |
[1:01:15] | l’m gonna have to keep this, l’m afraid, sir. | 我得把这个收起来,先生 |
[1:01:17] | – What? – The F.C.O. will issue you with a new one in a few days. | – 什么? – 外交部会在几日内签发你一份新的护照 |
[1:01:22] | What if l want to travel with it? Just two, three days at the most. | – 那我要旅行怎么办? – 最多两三天 |
[1:01:26] | Are you saying that’s a forgery? It does happen, sir, even on diplomatics. | – 你是说我的护照是假的? – 确实有类似的现象,即便是外交官 |
[1:01:29] | But that was issued to me a year ago by the diplomatic office- Sir, the F.C.O. will take care of that. | – 可那是1年前外交办事处签发给我的 – 先生,外交部会来处理的 |
[1:02:01] | lt’s just here on the right. | 就在右手边 |
[1:02:21] | Good afternoon, sir. Good afternoon. | – 下午好,先生 – 下午好 |
[1:02:23] | Let me take that for you. Oh, l’d rather keep it with me. | – 让我来帮你拿 – 哦,我自己拿着好了 |
[1:02:25] | Uh, club rule,Justin. I’m sorry. | – 啊,俱乐部的规矩,贾斯汀 对不起 |
[1:02:28] | No- No luggage in the, uh- in the dining room. | 不,不要带行李进 进饭厅 |
[1:02:31] | Could you just tuck it into your cubbyhole, please,Jimmy? Thank you. Certainly, sir. Thank you, sir. | – 把它放到旁边,好吗?吉米,谢谢 – 好的,先生 |
[1:02:35] | My dear fellow, what a dreadful time you’ve had. Welcome home. Thank you, Bernard. | – 我的老朋友,让你受苦了,欢迎回来 – 谢谢你,伯纳德 |
[1:02:39] | Any, uh, plans, or is it too soon? Plans? | – 有什么计划?还是太仓促了? – 计划? |
[1:02:43] | Well, holiday, visiting friends, | 哦,度假,会会朋友 |
[1:02:46] | the million things you’ve always wanted to do in the garden. [ Chuckles ] Mmm. | 以及你想泡在花园里面 做的好多事 |
[1:02:49] | You’re on indefinite sick leave. Enjoy it. | 就当告个不定期病假 享受一下 |
[1:02:53] | l hear the, uh- the snow’s very good at Chamonix. | 我听说查默尼克斯(法国胜地) 的雪景不错 |
[1:02:56] | l don’t have a passport, Bernard. They took mine at the airport. | 我没护照,伯纳德 在机场被收走了 |
[1:02:59] | Oh, of course, yes. You missed the, um- You missed the recall. | 哦,当然,对 你错过了,错过了回召 |
[1:03:04] | Mmm. The sole meuniere’s not bad here, | 这里的鳎还不错 |
[1:03:08] | if- if you like sole. [ Chuckles ] | 若,若你喜欢吃鳎(名贵食用鱼) |
[1:03:11] | Otherwise have it grilled. Grilled’ll be fine. | – 要不铁扒? – 铁扒也不错 |
[1:03:16] | Um, no starters, l think. | 嗯,不用启动器了,我想 |
[1:03:23] | You’ve been cleared, by the way. | 顺便提一句,你已经清白了 |
[1:03:25] | Thought we’d get that bit of unpleasantness dealt with first. | 虽然有些煞风景的事情 |
[1:03:28] | Cleared for what? Um, of what. | – 什么清白? – 什么? |
[1:03:31] | Uh, murder most foul. | 买凶杀人 |
[1:03:33] | Seems you didn’t hire contract killers in a den of vice after all. | 毕竟你并没有雇佣杀手 |
[1:03:37] | Deasey is satisfied it was a crime of passion by our dark medical horse. | 迪塞感到满意 只不过是黑种医生的情杀案而已 |
[1:03:41] | lt’s just a question now of finding Bluhm. | 现在的问题只是找到布鲁了 |
[1:03:43] | Arnold Bluhm is gay, Bernard. | 阿诺德 布鲁是同性恋,伯纳德 |
[1:03:45] | Gay men don’t rape their women friends. | 同性恋不会强奸他们的女性友人 |
[1:03:48] | Well, l’ve known one or two very savage queens in my time. | 呃,那我这辈子 认识几个蛮横的同性恋 |
[1:03:52] | Do you no good to go poking around under rocks,Justin. | 好自为之,不要在去 翻开石头底下的秘密了,贾斯汀 |
[1:03:57] | Some very nasty things live under rocks, | 石头底下都是些 见不得人的东西 |
[1:04:00] | especially in foreign gardens. | 尤其是在外国的土地上 |
[1:04:02] | Advice of a friend. What is it that l’m not to look into, Bernard? | – 朋友忠告 – 有什么我不应该翻开的?伯纳德 |
[1:04:07] | Quayles have always made reliable foreign service men. | 奎伊家族一直都培养出 忠实可靠的外交人才 |
[1:04:10] | Shouldn’t be surprised if you’ve still got a small Head of Mission in your knapsack. | 如果在特使团有点提升 也丝毫不足为奇 |
[1:04:14] | Challenging post. More challenging than dealing with Kenny Curtiss? | – 一点挑战 – 比对付肯尼 科蒂斯还要挑战? |
[1:04:18] | He’s a crude sort of chap, our Kenny, but he flies the flag for us. | 他是一个粗人,我们的肯尼 可他为我们效力 |
[1:04:22] | He got up dear Tessa’s nose, l fear. | 他挑起亲爱的苔莎的兴趣了,我担心 |
[1:04:25] | – Yes, she wrote a report about it. – About Kenny? | – 是的,她写了一份报告 – 关于肯尼? |
[1:04:28] | No, about Dypraxa. Ah, that. | – 不,关于Dypraxa – 啊,那个 |
[1:04:30] | She expected some action to be taken, but none was, was it? | 她期望会采取什么措施 可压根没有,是吗? |
[1:04:34] | She tell you about the letter, or did you find it among her things? | 是她告诉你信件的事情 还是你自己从遗物里找的? |
[1:04:37] | Tucked into her diary, perhaps? What letter is that, Bernard? | – 记在她的日记里,或许? – 是什么信件? |
[1:04:41] | Ramblings of an aging fart. Senility setting in early, alas. | 都是些陈芝麻、烂谷子的事情了 |
[1:04:46] | Naughty of her to take it though. Very naughty indeed. | 对她来讲,是不太规矩 很不规矩 |
[1:04:49] | Yes, l found that. | 是的,我找到的 |
[1:04:51] | Be grateful to have it back. Written under stress, you understand. | 能找回来,那很好 在压力下写的,你明白吗 |
[1:04:54] | Regrettable things said. Wouldn’t want it falling into the wrong hands. | 都是些可惜的事情 可不想落在别人手上 |
[1:04:57] | Sorry, Bernard. Are we talking about the same letter? | 对不起,伯纳德 我们是在说同一封信吗? |
[1:04:59] | What’s yours about? | 你那封是什么? |
[1:05:04] | Undying love. | 无尽的爱 |
[1:05:06] | Ah. | 啊 |
[1:05:12] | What’s yours? | 你指的那封? |
[1:05:14] | They’re not so good grilled. You should’ve had the meuniere. | 这的铁扒不怎么样 你本该点鲲鱼的 |
[1:05:19] | [ Woman On P.A.] Ladies and gentlemen- | 女士们先生们 |
[1:05:22] | [ Continues, Indistinct ] | |
[1:05:37] | Ladies and gentlemen, please keep all your belongings with you at all times. | 女士们,先生么 请带好随身携带的物品 |
[1:05:53] | [ Sobbing ] | |
[1:05:58] | lt’s good to see you, Ham. | 很高兴见到你,汉姆 |
[1:06:00] | Sorry about the blubbing. lt’s those bloody Latin genes, you know. | 抱歉我掉眼泪了 该死的拉丁基因,你知道的 |
[1:06:03] | lt’s the same old Ham. | 还是那个老汉姆 |
[1:06:05] | Oh, no. No, not anymore. | 不,不再是了 |
[1:06:07] | God, l loved her rotten. | 上帝,我爱死她了 |
[1:06:10] | And she loved you rotten. | 她也爱死你了 |
[1:06:12] | First cousins can be closer than siblings. | 堂兄妹可会比胞兄妹更亲 |
[1:06:16] | l still don’t understand why l let you talk me out of going to the funeral. | 我还是不明白,我是怎么被你 说服了不参加葬礼的 |
[1:06:20] | lt was the wrong crowd for you, Ham. We’ll have a private memorial service here. | 那对你来说不是合适的人群,汉姆 我们在这有个小型的追悼仪式 |
[1:06:23] | You can blub all your way through it. Don’t think l won’t. | – 你可以哭个痛快 – 别以为我不会 |
[1:06:26] | Hire the Abbey. You can afford it now. Can l? | – 租个修道院吧,你能付的起的 – 是吗? |
[1:06:29] | Tess left you bloody well off. Want to know what you’re worth? Not particularly. | – 苔丝给你留下了不少遗产 知道你现在的身家吗? – 不太清楚 |
[1:06:34] | Oh, l’ve got the keys to the Chelsea house. Thought you might want to stay there while you’re in London. | 哦,切尔西区的房子钥匙我还留着 我想在伦敦你还可以去那里过夜 |
[1:06:38] | No, l’d rather not. Well, it’s all yours. | – 不,我情愿不 – 反正都是你的 |
[1:06:40] | That and her African women’s charity. | 房子还有她的非洲妇女慈善事业 |
[1:06:43] | Said it would get you out of the garden. When did she say that? | – 说了能让你走出花园 – 她什么时候说得? |
[1:06:45] | Two weeks before she died. | 在她去世前两周 |
[1:06:49] | Look, l am ravenous. Have you had lunch? | 我饿坏了,你吃过午饭了? |
[1:06:52] | Yes, l have. A very civilized lunch with Bernard Pellegrin… | 吃过了,和伯纳德 佩格林 共进文明午餐… |
[1:06:55] | who expressed an interest in Tessa’s diary. | 而且他表达了对苔莎日记 的特殊兴趣 |
[1:06:59] | But Tess never kept a diary. She hated the things. | 可她从不记日记的 她讨厌那玩意 |
[1:07:02] | You and l know that. Pellegrin must have been disinformed. | 你我都知道的 而佩格林显然被 误导 了 |
[1:07:06] | Tess thought she was being watched. Didn’t stop her e-mailing twice a day. | 苔丝察觉自己被监视了 可并未中止她每天两次的电邮 |
[1:07:11] | More inquiries than Google. [ Chuckles ] | 查的比Google还多 |
[1:07:14] | Look at him. The boy is two-thirds machine. | 瞧瞧他 这小子2/3都是机器 |
[1:07:17] | I’m telling you, it’s scary. Mind of a computer. | 让人害怕 电脑狂人 |
[1:07:20] | Appetite of a waste disposal. And what’s the other third? | – 热衷废物处理 – 那另1/3呢? |
[1:07:24] | Oh, Manzini, unquestionably. | 哦,曼兹尼,毫无疑问 |
[1:07:27] | Those e-mails from Tess- Guido helped me with them. | 那些来自于苔丝的电邮 基多帮我搞定 |
[1:07:30] | Company stuff. Boring. | 公事,烦 |
[1:07:32] | Mm. Ownership, franchises, that sort of thing. | 嗯,所有权,特许权之类的 |
[1:07:36] | l’m trying to find out who brokered the marriage. | 我试图找出是谁 撮合了联姻 |
[1:07:38] | What marriage? KDH and ThreeBees. | – 什么联姻? – KDH和三蜜蜂公司 |
[1:07:42] | KDH make Dypraxa. ThreeBees test it. | KDH制造Dypraxa 三蜜蜂公司试验它 |
[1:07:46] | lt’s a marriage of convenience, of course. Both in it for what they can get out of it. | 是利益的联姻,当然 两者互相利用 |
[1:07:50] | That phrase about the marriage- ls that Tess’s phrase or yours? | 关于“联姻”一词 你的措辞还是苔丝的? |
[1:07:53] | Oh, hers. Hers. | 她的,她的 |
[1:07:57] | [ Whispering ] Producing dead offspring. | 产生夭折的后代 |
[1:08:00] | Oh, this is so good! Why don’t you try some. | 真好吃!你不尝尝? |
[1:08:03] | lt looks disgusting. [ Laughs ] | 看着就倒胃口 |
[1:08:06] | l can get that stuff through her mirror server. | 我可以从镜像服务器获取数据 |
[1:08:09] | Well, how do you do that? All you need is the password. Duh. | – 怎么做到的? – 只需要密码即可,老兄 |
[1:08:12] | Yeah, but l don’t have her password. | 是啊,可我没她的密码 |
[1:08:14] | Come on,Jus. Five letters. Three guesses. | 拜托 5个字母,猜3次 |
[1:08:17] | – l have no idea. – My name- Guido. | – 不知道 – 我的名字……Guido |
[1:08:19] | She used the one for the ”I” and the zero for the ”O. ” | 她用了一个“I” 没用“O”’ |
[1:08:25] | – l set it up for her. – Wait, wait. | – 我帮她弄好了 – 等等 |
[1:08:27] | – Give him a chance to read it. – Lightning tour. l’m printing as l go. | – 让他看清楚了 – 光速旅行,我给你打印出来 |
[1:08:32] | [Justin ] What’s Hippo? [ Arthur ] Oh, I know that one. | – Hippo是什么? – 那我知道 |
[1:08:35] | German- German Pharma Watch. | 德国-德国制药监察 |
[1:08:38] | Keep an eye on what the drug companies are up to. | 仔细盯好了上面那个制药公司 |
[1:08:43] | [Justin ] Copy that. | 打出来 |
[1:08:49] | KDH. Can we open that? | KDH,能打开吗? |
[1:08:52] | Sure. No problem. | 好的,没问题 |
[1:08:54] | [ Man’s Voice ] A new plague is sweeping the world. | 一种新的疾病正侵袭世界 |
[1:08:57] | ln the 21 st century, multi-resistant T.B. will kill one in three. | 在21世纪,多重抗体的肺结核 将在每3名患者中杀死1人 |
[1:09:03] | – But now there is hope. – lt’s huge, isn’t it? | – 可现在,希望诞生了 – 大新闻,不是吗? |
[1:09:06] | KDH is developing a revolutionary treatment for T.B. sufferers. lt’s global. | – KDH为肺结核患者研发了革命性的治疗药物 – 全球性的 |
[1:09:11] | We call it Dypraxa. You will call it life. | 我们叫它 Dypraxa 你可以叫它 生命 |
[1:09:15] | [ Arthur ] And I call it a blockbuster. | 我叫它 摇钱树 |
[1:09:17] | Karel Delacourt Hudson. The world is our clinic. | Karel Delacourt Hudson(公司) 世界就是我们的舞台 |
[1:09:22] | [ Arthur ] It’s gonna sell like hotcakes. | 像蛋糕一样的销售 |
[1:09:25] | – Can you magnify that photograph? – Magnify it? He can send it out for doughnuts. | – 你能放大那照片吗? – 放大?他能放到炸圈饼那么大 |
[1:09:35] | ls it possible to zoom in on it? Yeah, sure. | – 可不可以放大这里? – 没问题 |
[1:09:41] | lt’s Pellegrin. Why is he there? | 是佩格林 为什么他在里面? |
[1:09:44] | There’s a personal file. Do you mind if l open it? | 有份私人文件 不介意我打开? |
[1:09:47] | No, sure. Go ahead. | 打开吧 |
[1:09:50] | [ Singing ln ltalian ] | |
[1:09:58] | Ti amo. | Ti amo(意大利语:我爱你) |
[1:10:00] | [ Birgit On Computer ] So you’d better ask that kind, nice husband of yours to translate. | 这段话留给你那 和蔼可亲的老公去翻译吧 |
[1:10:04] | [ Tessa On Computer] He’s got very delicate little ears. | 他的耳朵很灵敏的 |
[1:10:07] | He’s dreaming about his favorite things. | 他正梦见他最喜欢的东西 |
[1:10:10] | He’s dreaming about… | 他梦见一个…… |
[1:10:13] | a world without any weeds. | 天下无杂草的世界,呵 |
[1:10:17] | [ Tessa Laughs ] | |
[1:10:20] | Justin Quayle, it’s time to get up. | 贾斯汀 奎伊,该起床了 |
[1:10:23] | Go away. You’re very annoying. Time to get up,Justin. | – 走开啦,你好烦 – 该起床了,贾斯汀 |
[1:10:27] | Get up. [ Kissing ] | 起来 |
[1:10:37] | [Justin ] This is really just not fair. | 这不公平 |
[1:10:41] | [ Tessa ] lt’s time to get up. | 起来啦 |
[1:10:44] | Tessa,just let me sleep. | 苔莎,让我再睡会吧 |
[1:10:47] | [ Tessa ] There’s gardening to be done. | 你还得整理院子呢 |
[1:10:50] | Weeds to be pulled out. | 还有杂草等你去拔 |
[1:10:55] | Good morning. [Justin ] Come back to bed. | – 早上好 – 再陪我睡会 |
[1:10:59] | [ Tessa ] Good morning. | 早上好 |
[1:11:02] | Oh, sweetheart. | 噢,宝贝儿 |
[1:11:17] | [ Tessa’s Voice ] Moral dilemma, Ham. | 汉姆,道德上我进退两难 |
[1:11:20] | And the person that I most want to tell can’t be told. | 最想倾诉的人 我却不能启齿 |
[1:11:26] | I had a creepy love letter today. | 今天收到一封可怕的情书 |
[1:11:30] | lt’s not your fault. | 这不是你的错 |
[1:11:32] | From a five-star creep. | 最可怕的情书 |
[1:11:35] | You’ve got to move on, huh? | 生活还得继续,嗯? |
[1:11:37] | [ Tessa’s Voice Continues ] I’ve cold-bloodedly led on. | 我冷漠地去诱惑 |
[1:11:41] | I stole something from him. | 我从他那里偷了样东西 |
[1:11:44] | And worse, I made him a vile promise… | 更糟的是 我给他一个可耻的承诺…… |
[1:11:48] | that I have absolutely no intention ofkeeping. | 一个根本无意兑现的承诺 |
[1:11:54] | Oh, do come in. Yeah, please. Of course. | 噢,快进来 是,请进 |
[1:11:58] | [ Mumbles ] Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:12:01] | You lead the way. Go ahead. Go ahead. Take a left. | – 你来带路 – 走啊,走啊,左转 |
[1:12:03] | [ Tessa’s Voice ] I really hate to think how it would hurtJustin ifhe knew. | 我不敢去想像 贾斯汀知道了会多伤心 |
[1:12:09] | I’ve violated his code, Ham, | 而最讽刺的是,汉姆 |
[1:12:12] | in the most cynical way. | 我完全背弃了他的行事原则 |
[1:12:16] | And the end thatjustifies my means? | 我的不择手段最终 会招来怎样的惩罚? |
[1:12:19] | I need this creep to help me blackmail Her Majesty’s government. | 我需要借那可厌的家伙 来对抗女王陛下的政府 |
[1:12:24] | Please tell me I’m not a ruthless bitch. [ Chuckles ] | 告诉我 我并非一个无情的婊子 |
[1:12:28] | Please tell me thatJustin would understand ifhe knew. | 告诉我,如果贾斯汀知道 他会原谅我 |
[1:12:33] | If you give me the wrong answer, then I will push you into the Tiber… | 如果你说错了 我就把你推进台泊河里去… |
[1:12:36] | like I did when we were 1 6. | 就像我们16岁时那样 |
[1:12:40] | Ciao, my darling. | 再见,我亲爱的 |
[1:12:44] | [Justin ] Thank you. [ Tessa ] For what? | – 谢谢你 – 谢什么? |
[1:12:47] | [Justin ] For this wonderful gift. | 这美妙的礼物 |
[1:12:51] | How very generous of me. | 我那么大方 |
[1:12:54] | No, l- | 不,我…… |
[1:13:01] | [ Mumbling ] [ Laughing ] | |
[1:13:12] | Here,Justin, put this on. | 来,贾斯汀,把这穿上 |
[1:13:14] | [ Sobbing ] | |
[1:13:27] | [ Sobbing Continues ] | |
[1:13:30] | l like it here. This is where you work from? Mm. | – 我喜欢这里,你工作的地方 – 嗯 |
[1:13:33] | Amnesty. | 特赦 |
[1:13:36] | Won’t make any difference. | 没什么两样 |
[1:13:38] | That’s the official line of the Foreign Office. | 外交部的官面术语 |
[1:13:40] | I thought you were like that. I thought you were one of those privileged revolutionaries. | 我以前觉得你就是那样的 有特权的革命分子 |
[1:13:44] | [ Sobbing Continues ] | |
[1:13:56] | – My lady. – Am l? | – 我的女士 – 我是? |
[1:13:59] | [Justin ] These plants- If they were children, you’d be prosecuted. | 这些花草,如果它们是孩子 你就该被起诉了 |
[1:14:04] | I do water them. When I remember. | 我有给它们浇水 若我想起 |
[1:14:15] | [Justin ] You say you’re all into saving lives around the world, | 你说你一心只为 拯救世界的生命 |
[1:14:17] | but you let your poor plants die. | 却让可怜的花草干死 |
[1:14:20] | I say put people first. [ Laughing ] | 我说了是先救人的 |
[1:14:26] | [Justin ] Why don’t you water them? You’re being cruel. | 为什么不给它们浇水? 你这残忍的女人 |
[1:14:31] | l feel safe with you. | 你,给我安全感 |
[1:14:35] | [Justin ] I can imagine when you were six. | 我能想像你6岁时的样子 |
[1:14:37] | You leading the revolution. | 正领导革命 |
[1:14:51] | Ham? Hi. lt’s Justin. Listen. | 汉姆?嗨,是我,贾斯汀 听着 |
[1:14:55] | Do you still represent that dodgy client in Amsterdam? | 能联系到阿姆斯特丹 那个伪造证件的吗? |
[1:15:00] | [ Woman On P.A., Indistinct ] | |
[1:15:03] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[1:15:07] | Sorry. Sorry. l only just got it. Directions for use. | 抱歉,抱歉,我刚刚拿到 要注意了… |
[1:15:11] | No air travel, no credit cards. | 别坐飞机,别刷卡 |
[1:15:14] | Never say your name on the phone, or the computers will kick in. | 绝不要在电话里提自己的名字 不然会被电脑监测到的 |
[1:15:17] | Dodgy client adds, ”Welcome to my world.” | 他还说:“欢迎来到我的世界” |
[1:15:19] | Well, l don’t want his world. No choice, old chum. | – 我可不想进入他的世界 – 你没的选,老伙计 |
[1:15:22] | Actually, l’m getting a bit paranoid myself. | 说真的,我有点神经质了 |
[1:15:24] | Look, suppose l posited that all this was just coincidence- | 你看,假设所有 发生的一切都是巧合 |
[1:15:27] | Tess killed by bandits, pure and simple… | 苔丝被暴徒杀害,案情简单 |
[1:15:29] | and that you’re being as paranoid as she was. | 那么,你变得跟她 一样神经质了 |
[1:15:32] | Ham. | 汉姆 @快住手 不然和你妻子一样的下场@ |
[1:15:37] | Thanks for trying, Ham. | 谢谢你做过的,汉姆 |
[1:15:39] | l have to finish what she started. | 我得去完成 她未尽的事业 |
[1:15:42] | Well, look, look. l’ve got the address of Aunt Claudia, the old bat in Rome. | 呃,等等,这是克劳迪亚姑妈的地址, 住罗马的那个老家伙 |
[1:15:45] | lf you need to contact me, you’d better do it through her. | 如果你要联系我 你最好是通过她 |
[1:15:48] | She adored Tess. | 她很爱苔丝 |
[1:15:52] | l failed her, Ham. | 我让她失望了,汉姆 |
[1:15:55] | l lost my faith in her. | 我曾对她失去信任 |
[1:15:57] | No, she forgives you. | 不,她原谅你了 |
[1:16:00] | She loved you rotten too, you know. | 她爱死你了,你知道的 |
[1:16:03] | You think? Oh, yeah. | – 真的? – 哦,没错 |
[1:16:09] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[1:16:42] | [ Indistinct Screaming ] | |
[1:17:03] | [ Train Whistle Blowing ] | |
[1:17:06] | [ Sandy ] It seems our erstwhile colleague has disappeared. | 我们的老同事 似乎失踪了 |
[1:17:09] | Four days ago he lunched in London with Pellegrin, | 四天前他和佩格林 在伦敦共进午餐 |
[1:17:13] | who describes him as overwrought, after which he visited his wife’s lawyer… | 后者形容他表现得十分紧张 随后他拜访了他妻子的律师 |
[1:17:18] | before going off our radar. | 之后就找不到下落了 |
[1:17:21] | The poor man seems to have convinced himself… | 那可怜人似乎认定… |
[1:17:24] | there was a conspiracy against Tessa in which we are all complicit. | 苔莎的死是个阴谋 而我们都是共犯 |
[1:17:30] | Ifhe has left the U.K., he did so without a passport. | 若他离开了英国 便是用假的护照 |
[1:17:35] | Therefore, any contact from Justin must be reported to me immediately. | 因此,一旦谁有他的消息 立即向我报告 |
[1:17:39] | ln his own best interest. | 都是为了他好 |
[1:17:44] | No point asking if you’ve heard from him, l suppose? | 没别的意思,不过我猜 你知道一点他的消息吧? |
[1:17:47] | No, no, Tim, none at all. | 不,不,蒂姆,我什么就不知道 |
[1:17:50] | Birgit, why are ThreeBees spending $7 0 million testing Dypraxa for KDH? | 布里吉特,为什么三蜜蜂公司花 7000万美元为KDH试验Dypraxa? |
[1:17:55] | l mean, is the African market worth that much? | 我是说,非洲市场值那么多吗? |
[1:17:57] | Tessa, you have to understand the scale of this. | 苔莎,你得明白这其中的奥妙 |
[1:18:00] | There is a T.B. epidemic coming. lt will affect the entire world. | 一场结核病即将流行 势必对全世界造成影响 |
[1:18:04] | Or, put into the language that stock exchanges all over the world understand, | 或者,换成全世界 股票交易的话来解释 |
[1:18:08] | if the T.B. market performs as forecast, | 如果肺结核真像预测的那样爆发 |
[1:18:10] | billions and billions of dollars are waiting to be earned. | 那么数以亿计的金钱 唾手可得 |
[1:18:14] | And the boy to earn them is Dypraxa. | 而为他们赚钱的宝贝就是Dypraxa |
[1:18:16] | If,of course, the preliminary trials in Africa… | 当然,前提是 在非洲的试验… |
[1:18:19] | have not thrown up any disturbing side effects. | 没有产生任何副作用 |
[1:18:36] | [ Speaking German ] | |
[1:18:40] | [ Man Speaking German ] | |
[1:18:43] | [ Speaking German ] Ich suche Birgit. | 我找布里吉特 |
[1:18:46] | [ German ] | |
[1:18:51] | Ich bin Justin Quayle, | 我是贾斯汀 奎伊 |
[1:18:54] | Tessa Quayle’s Ehemann. | 苔莎 奎伊的丈夫 |
[1:19:04] | – [ German ] – Michael Adams. | 迈克尔 亚当斯 |
[1:19:17] | Okay, Herr Adams. | 好的,亚当斯先生 |
[1:19:20] | She collects Karl at 3:00 from the kindergarten at Bahnhofstrasse. | 她3点会去班霍夫大道的 幼儿园接卡尔 |
[1:19:28] | [ Children Singing ] | |
[1:19:33] | [ Chattering ln German ] | |
[1:19:40] | [ Woman Speaking German ] | |
[1:19:43] | [ Children Chattering ln German ] | |
[1:19:47] | Karl, here. | 卡尔,这里 |
[1:19:51] | [ Bells Chiming ] | |
[1:19:53] | [ German ] | |
[1:19:56] | Birgit. | 布里吉特 |
[1:19:58] | You sent this to my wife. | 你把这个发给我的妻子 |
[1:20:01] | Justin. | 贾斯汀 |
[1:20:03] | l need to talk to you. Our computers were stolen last night. | – 我得和你谈谈 – 我们的电脑昨晚上被盗了 |
[1:20:07] | Yes, l know. They have never gone this far before. | – 是,我知道 – 他们以前从没这么过火 |
[1:20:09] | l can’t be seen with you. Sorry. l’ve Karl to think of. | 我不能见你 对不起,我得为卡尔着想 |
[1:20:11] | ls there some safe place we could talk? | 我们能不能找个 安全点的地方谈谈? |
[1:20:14] | Nowhere. Nowhere safe. Nowhere? | – 没有安全的地方 – 没有? |
[1:20:16] | Please.Just… a few questions. | 求你了,只是几个问题而已 |
[1:20:19] | Okay, let’s talk here. With these people. All right. | – 好吧,就在这里说,人多反而安全 – 好的 |
[1:20:22] | Okay. My bike’s across the street. Ask your questions before we get to it. | 好的,我的自行车就在街对面 到那里你就不能再问了 |
[1:20:26] | ls it a scam? Scam? | – 是不是骗局? – 骗局? |
[1:20:27] | Dypraxa. Does it cure T.B.? Yes, it cures. | – Dypraxa,真可以治愈肺结核? – 是的,可以治愈 |
[1:20:31] | But it can also kill, you know, because they haven’t got the formula right. | 但它也可能致人于死地 因为他们的程序有问题 |
[1:20:34] | Right. So why don’t they work on that? | 那为什么不纠正呢? |
[1:20:37] | [ Chattering ln German ] | |
[1:20:41] | [ Birgit ] lt’s cheaper to fix the trials. | 在试验上做完善工作便宜得多 |
[1:20:44] | Exclude the patients that have side effects, you know. | 排除产生副作用的病人 |
[1:20:47] | To go back to the lab would cost them time- two years- | 而重返实验室研究 至少得多花两年的时间 |
[1:20:50] | millions of dollars, and other companies would have time to produce their own cures. | 还要重新投入百万计资金 而其他公司可能会抢先研究出来 |
[1:20:54] | Okay, next question. | 好了,下一个问题 |
[1:20:56] | You said to Tessa in your e-mails that the Kenyan government had approved the trials. | 你在电子邮件里对苔莎说 肯尼亚政府批准了这个试验 |
[1:20:59] | Somebody bribed them. Who? | – 有人行贿了 – 谁? |
[1:21:01] | ThreeBees, Lorbeer. We don’t know. | 三蜜蜂公司?洛比尔? 我们不知道 |
[1:21:04] | But $50,000 in the right hands, and you can test battery acid as skin lotion. | 但有五万美元在手 有人愿意拿酸水当润肤露试验 |
[1:21:08] | My bike’s there. | 车在那里 |
[1:21:10] | Stop! Stop! | 停车!停车! |
[1:21:13] | – Stop! – [ Shouting ln German ] | 停车! |
[1:21:16] | [ Shouting ln German ] | |
[1:21:24] | [ German ] | |
[1:21:27] | – [ Horn Blowing ] – [ Karl Laughs ] | |
[1:21:34] | [ Chattering In German ] | |
[1:21:40] | [Justin ] Who is Lorbeer? | 谁是洛比尔? |
[1:21:43] | Birgit, is it a company? | 布里吉特,是个公司吗? |
[1:21:46] | A white coat. He invented Dypraxa. | 穿白大褂的 是他发明了Dypraxa |
[1:21:49] | When patients started to die, Lorbeerjumped clear. | 当有病人死了 洛比尔马上就逃脱干系 |
[1:21:51] | [Justin ] Is that why Tessa went to Lokichogio? Is that where Lorbeer is? | 这就是为什么苔莎去洛基的原因? 洛比尔在那里吗? |
[1:21:55] | Disappeared. Murdered? | – 失踪了 – 被谋杀了? |
[1:21:57] | Disappeared. We’ve gotta go. l’m sorry. | – 失踪了 – 我们得走了,对不起 |
[1:22:00] | Where can l find him? | 在哪能找到他? |
[1:22:03] | [ Speaking German ] | |
[1:22:16] | Birgit? Where? | 布里吉特?哪里? |
[1:22:20] | Go back to Africa. Lorbeer’s still there. | 回非洲去吧,洛比尔还在那里 @致贾斯汀 奎伊 乔装成迈克尔 亚当斯旅行@ @住手 否则为你妻子陪葬@ |
[1:22:37] | [ Speaking German ] | |
[1:23:01] | [ TV: Singing ln German ] | |
[1:23:10] | [ Continues ] | |
[1:23:13] | [ Grunts ] | |
[1:23:18] | [ Grunting Continues ] | |
[1:23:41] | [ Groaning ] | |
[1:24:01] | [ Continues ] | |
[1:24:04] | [ Man Speaking German ] | @最后警告!@ |
[1:24:20] | [ Groaning ] | |
[1:24:22] | [ Gasps, Coughs ] | |
[1:24:30] | [Justin ] Tessa, why didn’t you tell me? | 苔莎,为什么你不告诉我? |
[1:24:35] | I could have helped you. | 我可以帮到你的 |
[1:24:37] | [ Sighs ] | |
[1:24:42] | [ Sandy ] It is my sad duty to inform you that Dr. Bluhm has been found. | 很遗憾通知大家 我们已经找到了布鲁医生 |
[1:24:46] | I’ll spare you the details. | 细节我就略过了 |
[1:24:48] | Suffice to say, the poor fellow… | 确切地说,这可怜的人 |
[1:24:51] | seems to have been tortured to death on the same day Tessa was killed. | 在苔莎遇害的同一天 被人折磨致死 |
[1:24:55] | Which would seem to exonerate him. | 也证明他也许免于嫌疑 |
[1:24:57] | [ Ghita ] Seem? So what’s the new theory? | 也许?那新结论是什么? |
[1:25:00] | That he tortured himself to death? | 他自己把自己折磨死了? |
[1:25:02] | That’d save you looking for anyone else, wouldn’t it? | 那样你就不用费劲 去找凶手了,对吗? |
[1:25:05] | Moving on. | 下一个议题 |
[1:25:15] | [ Man ] What is the purpose of your visit? | 您入境的目的是什么? |
[1:25:17] | l’m seeing a friend. | 我来拜访一位朋友 |
[1:25:21] | Welcome to Kenya, Mr. Black. Thank you. | – 欢迎来到肯尼亚,布莱克先生 – 谢谢 |
[1:25:25] | Has anyone seen ThreeBees’ share price lately? | 有人知道三蜜蜂 最近的股价是多少吗? |
[1:25:30] | Does that mean he won’t be able to contribute to tombola? | 那是不是意味着 用不着再买彩票了? |
[1:25:33] | Hardly Kenny’s fault if someone put the word out on him. | 要真有人这么说 那也不能算肯尼的错 |
[1:25:37] | Wish l’d know that’s all it took. l’d have done it sooner. | 我要早知道就好了 我也可以早些出手了 |
[1:25:41] | [ All Laughing ] I expect he’ll land on his feet. Give him a life peerage. | 我觉得该让他单膝跪下 封他为贵族 |
[1:25:45] | [ Imitating Queen Elizabeth ] Henceforth you shall be known as Lord fucking Curtiss of fucking Kenya. | 从今日起,任命你为他妈的肯尼亚 狗娘养的科蒂斯总督 |
[1:25:50] | – [ All Laughing ] – [ Chattering ] | |
[1:26:07] | Whoever you are, l don’t take kindly to being blackmailed. | 不管你是谁,我不会任人勒索 |
[1:26:16] | Christ. How did you get here? | 老天,你是怎么来的? |
[1:26:21] | Safari tour. Via Paris. | 旅游团,通过巴黎转机 |
[1:26:24] | Hunting me now,Justin? | 在追查我了,贾斯汀? |
[1:26:26] | You’re the one on the run. | 是你在逃跑的 |
[1:26:31] | l loved her. l’m not ashamed of it. | 我爱过她 不以为耻 |
[1:26:35] | Nor should you be… if it were true. | 你也不应该…… 如果那都是真的 |
[1:26:39] | lt’s not for you to tell me how l felt. | 轮不着你来教我该怎样 |
[1:26:44] | lf you’ve read that, you’ll see that l let her read something she shouldn’t. | 如果你看过了 你会知道我让她看了她不该看的东西 |
[1:26:48] | Yeah. A letter from Pellegrin. | 是的,佩格林写来的一封信 |
[1:26:51] | She trusted you. | 她那么信任你 |
[1:26:53] | What do you want for that? | 你想要什么? |
[1:26:55] | l want to know why Pellegrin suppressed Tessa’s report. | 我想要知道为什么佩格林 雪藏了苔莎的报告 |
[1:27:01] | lt was him, wasn’t it? Don’t try and play detective. | – 是他干的,对吗? – 别装侦探了 |
[1:27:05] | ThreeBees, KDH, Dypraxa. What’s the story on that axis of evil? | 三蜜蜂,KDH,Dypraxa 这里面到底有什么肮脏交易? |
[1:27:08] | KDH is Swiss-Canadian. So why are we involved? | KDH是瑞士-加拿大公司 为什么我们会牵扯进去? |
[1:27:13] | Curtiss is one of us. He’s British. | 科蒂斯是我们的人 英国人 |
[1:27:16] | Christ,Justin, stop bleeding for bloody Africa and show some loyalty. | 老天,贾斯汀,别再为该死的非洲流血了 拿出你的忠诚来 |
[1:27:19] | That plant KDH built in Wales could have gone to France. | KDH在威尔士的工厂 原本要迁往法国 |
[1:27:23] | Fifteen hundred jobs in a depressed region. | 可以为萧条的地域 提供1500个就业机会 |
[1:27:25] | We owed them. | 我们欠他们的 |
[1:27:30] | They needed help with the Dypraxa trials. | 他们在Dypraxa的 临床试验上需要帮助 |
[1:27:33] | KDH needed an investment partner here. | KDH需要一个投资伙伴 |
[1:27:36] | Curtiss and ThreeBees served us both. | 科蒂斯和三蜜蜂 都为我们工作 |
[1:27:40] | And Tessa wanted what? | 苔莎又需要什么了? |
[1:27:46] | [ Sighs ] Pressure on Kenny… | 给肯尼施压… |
[1:27:51] | to stop the tests, redesign the bloody drug. | 停止试验 重新研制该死的药物 |
[1:27:57] | Three years’ delay, millions of dollars. | 推迟三年的时间 多花数百万美元 |
[1:28:01] | Or? | 或者? |
[1:28:03] | We’re not paid to be bleeding hearts. | 我们的工作 不是当好人 |
[1:28:07] | You know that,Justin. | 你知道的,贾斯汀 |
[1:28:11] | We’re not killing people who wouldn’t be dead otherwise. | 那些人即使我们不去害 也照样会死 |
[1:28:15] | Look at the death rate. Not that anybody’s counting. | 看看这里的死亡率 没有人敢相信 |
[1:28:19] | But you were a bleeding heart, Sandy. | 可你是一个好人,桑迪 |
[1:28:23] | Tessa was your salvation, wasn’t she, from all this? | 苔莎便是你的救赎 不是吗?这一切? |
[1:28:29] | You loved her. Remember? | 你爱过她的,记得吗? |
[1:28:33] | Pellegrin said the report was too damaging… | 佩格林说那篇报告 破坏力太大 |
[1:28:36] | and she had to be stopped. | 必须让她封口 |
[1:28:38] | Oh, yes. She was stopped. | 喔,是啊,她被封口了 |
[1:28:46] | l betrayed her. | 我背叛了她 |
[1:28:49] | We all did. | 我们都背叛了她 |
[1:28:53] | You did it by… growing flowers. | 你一门心思当园丁去了 |
[1:29:03] | How did you betray her, Sandy? | 你又是怎么背叛她的,桑迪? |
[1:29:09] | They wanted to know what she was up to. | 他们想知道 她在做什么 |
[1:29:12] | l’m the one who told them she was going to Loki. | 我就是那个告诉他们 她要去洛基的人 |
[1:29:16] | – Who did you tell? – Pellegrin. | – 你告诉谁了? – 佩格林 |
[1:29:24] | But God knows who he told. | 天知道他又告诉谁了 |
[1:29:30] | [ Crumpling Paper ] | |
[1:30:01] | Ghita, get in the car. Get in the car! | 基塔,上车 上车! |
[1:30:04] | – Go! – [ Engine Starts, Revs ] | 走! |
[1:30:20] | Get in. | 进来! |
[1:30:24] | Listen, fuckhead, if l wanted you dead, | 听着,混蛋 若我要你死 |
[1:30:26] | l would’ve brought Crick with me. | 我会带克里克一起 |
[1:30:30] | l wanna show you something. | 我想给你看点东西 |
[1:30:32] | Show me from there. | 那就在这 |
[1:30:35] | Don’t mess me about. l’m doing you a favor. | 少来这套 我在帮你 |
[1:30:54] | [Justin ] How did you know where I’d be? | 你怎么知道我在哪? |
[1:30:57] | [ Kenneth ] I’ve still got a friend or two,you know? | 我还是有那么一两个朋友的 |
[1:31:01] | We’re marked men, Quayle. They’ve called in my fucking bank loans. | 我们都是被监视的人,奎伊 他们已经收回了我的银行贷款 |
[1:31:05] | I’m finished. They want you silenced. | 我彻底玩完了 他们想让你闭嘴 |
[1:31:09] | And they want another country’s flag flying over my pharma division. | 而且他们想让其他国家公司 接管我的制药分部 |
[1:31:16] | So, you’ve been asking about Wanza Kilulu. | 那么,你一直在打听 旺查 科鲁鲁的消息 |
[1:31:23] | She’s under there, covered in quicklime. | 她在那里 埋在生石灰底下 |
[1:31:28] | Her and 62 others who never officially existed. | 和其他62个户籍上 不存在的人一起 |
[1:31:31] | Dypraxa? | |
[1:31:36] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:31:39] | ls that where l’m going? Not on my agenda. | – 我也要进去了? – 我不要你死 |
[1:31:46] | Then why are you showing me this? | 那为什么给我看这些? |
[1:31:50] | Let’s just say if l’m going to the wall, l want a trophy. | 这么说吧,若我要砌面墙 需要点战利品装饰 |
[1:31:55] | That’s what you lot do, isn’t it? Heads on walls. | 都会这么做的,不是吗? 墙上挂个头(通常是鹿头) |
[1:32:00] | l think l’ll have Pellegrin’s fucking head on mine. | 我想佩格林的脑袋 要挂我墙上了 |
[1:32:05] | So, now you know where it is. l’m not taking any fucking questions. | 好了,你现在知道在哪里了 我不会再回答你其他问题了 |
[1:32:10] | [ Engine Starts ] What about Lorbeer? | 洛比尔呢? |
[1:32:13] | [ Kenneth ] That Bible-thumping bullshitter, he’s doing his penance in the Sudan. | 那个宣讲道义的傻逼 正在苏丹忏悔 |
[1:32:18] | Jesus the healer. [ Chuckles ] | 他妈的救死扶伤 |
[1:32:33] | You don’t know where I’m going? You get one guess. | 不知道我这是去哪? 就猜一次 |
[1:32:40] | l’m gonna surprise you, Tess. | 我要给你个惊喜,苔丝 |
[1:32:42] | – l love this man. – Hello. | – 我爱这个男人 – 喂喂 |
[1:32:45] | [ Both Laughing ] | |
[1:32:54] | I wish you had shared just a few things. | 我希望你本和我 分担一些事情 |
[1:32:59] | [ Laughs ] | |
[1:33:05] | l love you. l love you too. | 我爱你 我也爱你 |
[1:33:29] | [ Horn Honking ] | |
[1:33:49] | [ Shouting ln Native Language ] | |
[1:33:52] | [ Horn Honking ] | |
[1:34:26] | [ Laughing ] Who did you think it was? | 你以为会是谁? |
[1:34:30] | Fuck you, Donohue. This is bandit country. | 混蛋,(蒂姆)多诺汉 这里遍布土匪 |
[1:34:33] | [ Laughing ] | |
[1:34:38] | Did you tell Curtiss where l’d be? | 你告诉了科蒂斯 我会在哪的吗? |
[1:34:40] | Ghita’s car? | 基塔的车? |
[1:34:42] | Well, Ghita’s my only friend here, Tim. | 基塔是我仅有的 一个朋友了,蒂姆 |
[1:34:46] | l wouldn’t want her to get into trouble. She won’t. | – 我不想给她惹什么麻烦 – 她不会的 |
[1:34:48] | [ Flicking Lighter] | |
[1:34:50] | You do have another friend, believe it or not. | 你还有一个朋友的 不管你信不信 |
[1:34:54] | You won’t find what you’re looking for in Loki. | 在洛基你是找不到 你想找的东西的 |
[1:34:58] | Let’s be honest with each other, shall we? | 让我们彼此坦诚一些吧,好吗? |
[1:35:00] | That’s a- a late career change for you, Tim. | 是个…迟到的良心发现,蒂姆 |
[1:35:05] | There’s something else we have in common, you and l. | 你我之间还有一个相同点 |
[1:35:08] | We’ll both be dead by Christmas. | 我们都将在圣诞之前死去 |
[1:35:12] | There’s a contract out on you. | 有人想要你的命 |
[1:35:14] | Same people who did for Tessa, l shouldn’t wonder. | 毫无疑问 就是杀苔莎的那帮人 |
[1:35:17] | Mine’s cancer. | 而我是癌症 |
[1:35:21] | My pain is controllable. | 我的可以控制 |
[1:35:24] | l knew that you were ill. l’m sorry. l didn’t realize. | 我知道你病了 对不起,我没意识到有这么严重 |
[1:35:28] | Yeah. Sandy tell you? | 是的,桑迪告诉你了? |
[1:35:31] | He fingered Tessa. | 他出卖了苔莎 |
[1:35:33] | He said he’d made a phone call. | 他说他打了一通电话 |
[1:35:36] | He didn’t know they’d kill her. Silly sod was besotted with her. | 他不知道他们会杀她 那个浑小子迷恋她 |
[1:35:40] | But that’s the way it works with corporate murder. | 不过这就是 他们害人的方式 |
[1:35:43] | Boss gets wind of something, calls in his head of security, | 老大听到一些风声 传召他的保安主管 |
[1:35:46] | who talks to someone, who talks to a friend of someone. | 后者再找了某人谈谈 某人再找朋友谈谈 |
[1:35:51] | Finishes up with an answering machine in a rented office, | 最后在一间租来的 办公室的电话答录机上 |
[1:35:54] | a couple of sensitive gentlemen in a blue pickup truck. | 授意传达给几个开 蓝色卡车的人 |
[1:35:56] | They will never know who ordered the hit. | 他们也永远不知道 谁下的任务 |
[1:36:02] | l can get you out of Kenya. | 我可以把你弄出肯尼亚 |
[1:36:04] | lt’s one of the few things we still do well. | 这是仅有的几件 我们还能做好的事之一 |
[1:36:07] | Drop it now, and it’s over. | 就此罢手 让它结束吧 |
[1:36:09] | l’ll make sure word gets to the right people. | 我保证会把话 传到合适的人那里 |
[1:36:12] | Go home… and live. | 回家…活命 |
[1:36:16] | But l don’t have a home, Tim. | 可我没有家了,蒂姆 |
[1:36:18] | Tessa was my home. | 苔莎就是我的家 |
[1:36:24] | Know about Bluhm? | 知道布鲁吗? |
[1:36:26] | What about Bluhm? | 布鲁怎么了? |
[1:36:28] | Let me tell you what you’re facing. | 我来告诉你 你将面对些什么 |
[1:36:32] | They dragged him into the desert, cut out his tongue, | 他们把他拖进沙漠 割下舌头 |
[1:36:36] | chopped offhis manly apparatus and stuffed them where his tongue had been. | 把他的性器切下 塞进嘴里 |
[1:36:40] | Then they crucified the poor bugger. | 最后把那可怜人 钉在十字架上 |
[1:36:42] | Pathologist’s opinion is he was still alive when they nailed him up. | 病态的是,他是被 活活钉上去的 |
[1:36:46] | Of course,you might be lucky. | 当然,你也许会走运些 |
[1:36:48] | It might be in their interest to make yours look like suicide. | 也许将你弄成自杀 符合他们的需要 |
[1:36:52] | Which it is. | 就是这样 |
[1:36:54] | Balance of mind disturbed. No fuss, no inquiry. | 心智失常 没人大惊小怪,没人调查 |
[1:36:58] | Nothing. Right. | – 什么也没 – 那好 |
[1:37:01] | Well, thank you for the warning. | 谢谢你的忠告 |
[1:37:03] | You’ve been very kind. | 你一直都很好的 |
[1:37:08] | l was afraid you’d say that. | 我就担心你这么说 |
[1:37:14] | ln case you meet any bandits. | 以防遇到什么歹徒 |
[1:37:56] | [ Boys Shouting ] | |
[1:38:21] | l, uh- l wondered if you could help me. Yes, sir? | – 我,呃,我想拜托您帮个忙 – 什么事,先生? |
[1:38:35] | Thank you for agreeing to take me, Mr.- | 感谢你让我搭飞机 |
[1:38:37] | Please. l can’t hear you. Please put these on. | 对不起,我听不到你说什么 请把这个带上 |
[1:38:41] | l said thank you for taking me, Mr. Andika. | 我说,谢谢你让我搭飞机,安迪加先生 |
[1:38:44] | Jonah. No formalities up here. | 乔纳,不必客气 |
[1:38:48] | [Jonah ] Do you know about Southern Sudan, Mr. Black? | 你熟悉苏丹南部吗,布莱克先生? |
[1:38:51] | The place we’re going to is a food camp, | 我们要去一个食物发放营 |
[1:38:54] | but on the way we must drop to some villages. | 但在途中我们还得 向一些村庄投放 |
[1:38:57] | We’rejust about to do a live run. Take a look. | 马上就要现场表演了 你看好了 |
[1:39:10] | [Jonah ] His name is Brandt, this man you want to see. | 你要找的那个人 他的名字叫勃兰特 |
[1:39:13] | He works at the clinic up there. | 他在那里的一个诊所工作 |
[1:39:15] | He’s a good man, but he pushes God with the pills. | 他是个好人 可他拿上帝同药片一道推广 |
[1:39:18] | [ Laughs ] Don’t get him started. | 别让他起头 |
[1:39:20] | [ Chattering ln Native Language ] | |
[1:39:28] | Better strap yourself in. We’re landing on the surface of the moon. | 最好系上安全带 我们要在月球表面着陆了 |
[1:39:41] | [ Chattering ln Native Language ] | |
[1:39:58] | [ Chanting ln Native Language ] | |
[1:40:07] | [ Chanting Continues ] | |
[1:40:16] | Hi. Uh, Robert Black, freelance journalist. | 嗨,呃,罗伯特 布莱克 自由记者 |
[1:40:19] | l’m looking for Dr. Brandt. | 我找勃兰特医生 |
[1:40:21] | Dr. Brandt? Yeah, he’s just here. He’s traveling over from the village. Thank you. | – 勃兰特医生?啊,他就在这里 他刚从村里赶来 -谢谢 |
[1:40:24] | [ Chattering Continues ] | |
[1:40:33] | – Dr. Brandt? – l’ll see you over by the tent. | – 勃兰特医生? – 我在帐篷那里等你 |
[1:40:36] | [ Chattering Continues ] | |
[1:40:59] | My name is Robert Black. I’m a freelancejournalist. Uh-huh. | – 我叫罗伯特 布莱克,自由记者 – 嗯哼 |
[1:41:02] | l’m told that you’re the man to talk to. l don’t know about that, Mr. Black. | – 朋友说你就是我要找的人 – 这我可不知道,布莱克先生 |
[1:41:05] | But l can tell you what’s happening around here, yeah? Good. | – 但我能告诉你这里发生了什么,行吗? – 很好 |
[1:41:08] | Meet my self-appointed assistant, Abuk. | 见见我这个自封的小助手,阿布 |
[1:41:10] | Abuk. Hello. How are you? | – 阿布 – 嗨,你好吗? |
[1:41:12] | Hello. How are you? l’m very well. [ Laughing ] | – 嗨,你好吗? – 我很好 |
[1:41:14] | [ Native Language ] Follow me. Come this way. | 跟我来,走这边 |
[1:41:18] | Youse need to go all to the medical center, quickly as possible. | 你们得马上去诊所 越快越好 |
[1:41:22] | [ Chanting Continues ] | |
[1:41:28] | [ Brandt ] I only give the food to the women, Mr. Black. | 我只把食物发放给妇女,布莱克先生 |
[1:41:31] | The women make the homes. The men make the wars… and hooch. | 女人建立家园 而男人只挑起战争,还有贩酒 |
[1:41:35] | Adam was God’s first draft. He got it right with Eve. | 亚当是上帝的初稿 造夏娃的时候他改进了很多 |
[1:41:38] | You tell that to your readers, Mr. Black. | 你该把这些告诉 你的读者,布莱克先生 |
[1:41:40] | lt’s a philosophy that l learned from my wife. | 这是我从我妻子身上 学到的真理 |
[1:41:43] | Cherish her, man. Cherish her. One of God’s finest creations. | 珍惜她,兄弟,珍惜她 她是上帝的杰作 |
[1:41:47] | Now l’ll show you what the devil’s up to. | 现在我要领你去看看 恶魔打算做些什么 |
[1:41:51] | [ Children Singing ] | |
[1:41:57] | [ Singing Continues ] | |
[1:42:05] | [ Native Language ] | |
[1:42:07] | Our treatment center. Pretty crude, isn’t it? | 我们的治疗中心 惨不忍睹,不是吗? |
[1:42:09] | Well, l’ve seen hospitals little better. ln Nairobi. | 我在内罗毕见过的医院 好不了多少 |
[1:42:12] | So have l. Gharan, what surprises have they got in store for us this month? | 我也是,这个月他们 给我们发了些什么? |
[1:42:17] | Have you checked those things? Ja? Should be 40 boxes. | 你查过那些东西没有? 应该有40箱 |
[1:42:23] | Free medicines, Mr. Black. | 免费药品,布莱克先生 |
[1:42:27] | Most of them well beyond their sell-by date. | 大部分都已经过期 |
[1:42:29] | The drug companies donate them. It’s a tax break for them. | 那些药厂捐出来 就获得免税 |
[1:42:33] | Disposable drugs for disposable patients. | 卑微病人只能用劣质药品 |
[1:42:35] | Out here they have absolutely no shelf life. | 到了这里它们 就完全没有保质期 |
[1:42:39] | Safest thing to do is incinerate them. | 最安全的做法就是都烧掉 |
[1:42:46] | Big pharmaceuticals are right up there with the arms dealers. | 大药厂在这和军火商 是一丘之貉 |
[1:42:52] | This is how the world fucks Africa, Mr. Black. | 整个世界就是这样 糟蹋非洲的,布莱克先生 |
[1:42:55] | Blood on their hands? lt’s how they expiate their guilt. | – 沾满鲜血的双手? – 就是他们的赎罪方式 |
[1:42:58] | Pharmaceuticals, the aid agencies, everybody. | 药商、援助机构,每个人 |
[1:43:02] | This whole machine is driven by guilt. | 整个机制都是由罪恶感在驱动 |
[1:43:05] | ls it? | 是吗? |
[1:43:08] | And now you will sample my goat stew. Come with me. | 现在你得来尝尝我的炖羊肉 跟我来 |
[1:43:15] | [ Brandt ] So tell me, Robert, | 你说,罗伯特 |
[1:43:18] | do you believe an individual can redeem himselfby good acts? | 你相信一个人可以通过行善 来赎回自己的罪孽吗? |
[1:43:20] | Abuk. | 阿布 |
[1:43:22] | [ Clears Throat ] I do,yes. | 我相信 |
[1:43:25] | Maybe the redemption is in the struggle, huh? | 即使是赎罪的过程很艰难? |
[1:43:28] | God has your head. The devil has your balls. | 上帝给我头脑 恶魔给我胆量 |
[1:43:31] | So which particular devil had yours? | 那么是哪个恶魔给了你胆量? |
[1:43:33] | Oh, you don’t want to know about that, Robert. | 哦,你不会想知道的,罗伯特 |
[1:43:36] | What’s your paper really interested in? | 你想报道些什么? |
[1:43:38] | ln the big pharmaceutical companies. | 大型制药厂 |
[1:43:41] | African guinea pigs. Cheap trials for unsound drugs. | 非洲小白鼠 危险药物的廉价试验品 |
[1:43:45] | Uninformed consent extorted with threats against children. Who are you? | – 对儿童不知情的勒索和恐吓 – 你究竟是谁? |
[1:43:48] | Christ! Payoffs, cover-ups. | – 老天! – 贿赂收买,遮掩事实 |
[1:43:50] | You were in Nairobi. At the hospital. Unmarked graves. | – 内罗毕那医院,你在场 – 无名坟地 |
[1:43:52] | l knew l’d seen you somewhere before. Murder. | – 我就知道我以前在哪见过你的 – 谋杀 |
[1:43:55] | You’re the husband. That’s right, Dr. Lorbeer. | – 你是那个丈夫 – 没错,洛比尔医生 |
[1:43:58] | Markus.! Markus.! [ Shouting In Native Language ] | 马库斯!马库斯! |
[1:44:03] | [ Chattering ln Native Language ] | |
[1:44:06] | [ Chickens Clucking ] | |
[1:44:12] | Something’s going on out there. Why did my wife come here? | – 外面好像发生什么事了 – 为什么我妻子会来这里? |
[1:44:15] | She-They had written this report. | 她…他们写了这篇报道 |
[1:44:18] | Sixteen pages of inspired guesswork. | 十六页神灵启示的猜测报告 |
[1:44:21] | l was supposed to provide the missing clinical data. | 我则为她提供失踪的临床数据 |
[1:44:23] | Testify on tape. And did you? | – 在录音带上作证 – 你作证了? |
[1:44:26] | This could be a raid. | 可能是来袭击了 |
[1:44:34] | [ Shouting ] | |
[1:44:37] | Tribesman. Nasty. They steal cattle, food, children. | 其他部落的,凶残无比 他们来抢牲口、食物和孩子 |
[1:44:41] | – l think maybe we should leave. – Did you testify on tape? | – 我们得马上离开 – 你在录音带上作证了吗? |
[1:44:44] | She was a very persuasive woman, your wife, Mr. Quayle. | 奎伊先生,你的妻子 她是个非常有说服力的女人 |
[1:44:47] | And, no, l do not have the tape. They took the tape. | 但是,我没有那盘带子 他们把带子拿走了 |
[1:44:49] | But you kept a copy of the report, yes? Yes, l did. You’re welcome to it. | – 但你还保留了报告的复本,对吗? – 是的,我有,你随时可以拿走 |
[1:44:57] | Level four alert! They’re leaving in five minutes. | 四级警报! 五分钟之内离开 |
[1:45:00] | If you don’t want to die, my friend, you’d better come with me to the airstrip. | 如果你不想死,朋友 你最好和我一起去跑道 |
[1:45:05] | Hurry. | 快点 |
[1:45:18] | – We can still make it. – What were Tessa and Bluhm doing at Lake Turkana? | – 我们还来得及 – 苔莎和布鲁去图卡那湖干嘛? |
[1:45:21] | Are you crazy? We’ve got to get out of here, man. | 你疯了? 我们得赶紧逃命 |
[1:45:24] | l mean, these people, they kill anybody. Sorry. | 这帮人见人就杀 抱歉 |
[1:45:26] | [ Grunts ] Have you lost your senses? | 你是不是疯了? |
[1:45:29] | – [ Girls Screaming ] – There was something else! There was a letter! | 还有样东西! 还有封信! |
[1:45:32] | Look, you’re a lunatic. Do you know what you’re doing? | 听着,你这个疯子 你知道你在干嘛吗? |
[1:45:35] | You’re killing us both. We’ll take our chances with them. | – 你会把我们俩都害死 – 那我们就碰碰运气 |
[1:45:37] | [ Gunshot ] | |
[1:45:40] | [ Shouting ln Native Language ] | |
[1:45:50] | [ Shouting Continues ] | |
[1:46:01] | [ Speaking Native Language ] | |
[1:46:08] | – [ Screams ] – [ Shouting Continues ] | |
[1:46:13] | – [ Groans ] – [ Shouts ln Native Language ] | |
[1:46:20] | – [ Shouts, Screams ] – [ Horse Neighs ] | |
[1:46:24] | [ Shouting Continues ] | |
[1:46:55] | [ Shouting, Screaming ] | |
[1:47:09] | No! | 不! |
[1:47:26] | [ Shouting ln Native Language ] | |
[1:47:40] | [ Shouting Continues ] | |
[1:47:43] | [ Horse Neighs ] | |
[1:47:48] | – Get down! – [ Gunshots ] | 趴下! |
[1:47:50] | – [ Grunts ] – [ Shouting ln Native Language ] | |
[1:48:17] | [ Panting ] | |
[1:48:27] | Abuk! | 阿布! |
[1:48:30] | Abuk.! You okay? Come with us, quick. Run. | 阿布!你怎么样? 跟着我们,快点,跑! |
[1:48:35] | Run. | 跑! |
[1:48:38] | Wait. Wait! | 等等,等等! |
[1:48:48] | Be careful! Abuk, be careful! | 当心! 阿布,当心! |
[1:48:51] | Here! | 这里! |
[1:48:58] | Hurry on up! Where have you guys been? | 快点上来! 你们去哪里了? |
[1:49:01] | Sorry about that,Jonah. | 对不起,乔纳 |
[1:49:03] | – I’m sorry. I can’t take the girl. – l’m not leaving her. | – 对不起,不能带这个女孩 – 我不能丢下她 |
[1:49:07] | – We’re only allowed to evacuate aid workers. – Well, to hell with what’s allowed. | – 我们的规定是只撤走救援人员 – 让规定见鬼去吧 |
[1:49:10] | l’ll- How much do you want for her? | 那么…为她你想要多少? |
[1:49:14] | – Look, there’s $800. – Don’t embarrass me. | – 看,这里有800美元 – 不要羞辱我 |
[1:49:17] | You can’t buy this. The rules are made for good reason, please. | 你不要买通我,定规矩 是有它的道理的 |
[1:49:20] | This is a child’s life! There are no rules to cover that! | 这事关一个孩子的生命!! 没有规矩可以比生命更重要!! |
[1:49:23] | Look, there are thousands of them out there. | 你看,外面有成百上千这样的人 |
[1:49:26] | I can’t make an exception for this one child. | 我不能为一个孩子破例 |
[1:49:28] | Yes, but this is one we can help! Here. | 可以的,至少这孩子 我们是可以帮助的!就现在! |
[1:49:32] | Abuk.! Abuk.! Abuk.! | 阿布!阿布!阿布! |
[1:49:39] | Listen, that’s the way it is here. | 听着,这地方就是这样 |
[1:49:43] | Keep your money. Strap yourself in, and let’s go. | 拿着你的钱 系好安全带,我们起飞了 |
[1:49:54] | [ Man Chanting In Native Language ] | |
[1:49:58] | What- What’ll happen to her? | 她会怎样? |
[1:50:01] | [ Lorbeer ] She might make it to a refugee camp… if she’s lucky. | 也许她能跑到难民营 幸运的话 |
[1:50:07] | [ Chanting Continues ] | |
[1:50:34] | This is what you came for, l believe. | 我想,你找我就是为了这个 |
[1:50:43] | [ Sighs ] | |
[1:50:49] | Your wife would have made that tape public, Mr. Quayle, with my voice on it. | 你的妻子本可以把带子公诸于众 奎伊先生,有我录音的带子 |
[1:50:54] | That letter was my insurance policy. | 我留下那封信以防万一 |
[1:50:56] | But how did they know where to find her? | 但他们怎么知道去哪里找她? |
[1:51:00] | They were on their way to Marsabit, taking the whole rotten package to Grace Makanga. | 他们打算去马纱比 把材料拿给格丽斯 玛康佳 |
[1:51:04] | Makanga would have put it in front of the U.N. | 玛康佳会把材料带到联合国 |
[1:51:06] | But someone knew exactly where Tessa and Arnold would be. | 可有人知道了 苔莎和阿诺德确切的行踪 |
[1:51:13] | That was me. | 那个人就是我 |
[1:51:15] | l radioed Nairobi. | 是我通知了内罗毕 |
[1:51:18] | KDH security man name of Crick. God, Christ, man. | KDH的一个叫克里克的保安人员 天,上帝! |
[1:51:21] | l didn’t know they were gonna be murdered. | 我对天发誓 |
[1:51:24] | My oath to God. | 我根本不知道他们会被谋杀 |
[1:51:28] | Crick’s going to know that you were up here. | 克里克会知道你来过这里 |
[1:51:31] | Going to be very interested to know where you’re headed. | 会很感兴趣你打算去哪里 |
[1:51:34] | What do l tell him? | 我该怎么说? |
[1:51:39] | He’ll know. | 他会知道的 |
[1:51:41] | He’s been there before. | 这事他干过 |
[1:51:45] | [Justin ] Mr. Andika? Yeah? | – 安迪加先生? – 是的 |
[1:51:47] | I’d like to apologize if I embarrassed you earlier. | 我想就之前发生的事 向您道歉 |
[1:51:51] | lt’s all right. | 没关系 |
[1:51:53] | Do you think that it would be possible to land the plane here? | 你觉得我们可不可以在这里降落? |
[1:51:58] | Lake Turkana? It’s possible, but you don’t wanna go there. | 图卡那湖?可以的 但你不会想去那的 |
[1:52:02] | lt’s-There’s nothing there but crocodiles. | 它是…那里除了鳄鱼 别的什么都没有 |
[1:52:04] | Let me take you back to Loki. | 还是让我把你带回洛基吧 |
[1:52:07] | Well, l- l wouldn’t be alone for long. | 呃,我不会一个人待很久 |
[1:52:09] | Please. l’d be, um- l’d be grateful. | 拜托了,我万分感激 |
[1:52:14] | l have one more favor to ask you, l’m sorry. | 还有一件事得求你帮忙 |
[1:52:16] | Do you think you could post that envelope for me? lt’s quite urgent. | 你能不能帮我寄了这封信? 这是封急件 |
[1:52:19] | Ah, Rome. | 啊,罗马 |
[1:52:49] | [ Birds Squawking ] | |
[1:53:48] | [ Bernard ] If we have lost in Justin and Tessa… | 我们在此缅怀贾斯汀和苔莎… |
[1:53:52] | two valued friends, | 我们最珍贵的朋友 |
[1:53:55] | the diplomatic community has lost a true gentleman- | 贾斯汀为人谦逊有礼,胸襟博大 |
[1:54:00] | courteous, self-effacing, | 他的去世令人扼腕 |
[1:54:05] | large ofheart. | 外交界失去了一位真正的绅士 |
[1:54:08] | That he chose to take his own life in the same remote spot… | 在遥远的非洲 他失去了他一生挚爱 |
[1:54:13] | where Tessa met her tragic death… | 丧妻之痛给他的打击是如此之重 |
[1:54:17] | is a sad reflection ofhis tormented state of mind… | 他选择在苔莎去世的地方 结束了自己的生命 |
[1:54:21] | but also typical ofhis discretion. | 这体现了他憔悴 亦是他自己的选择 |
[1:54:27] | He would not have had us troubled. | 他永远不会给 关心他的人造成任何困扰 |
[1:54:30] | He would not have had us inconvenienced. | 他永远不会给 关心他的人带来任何不便 |
[1:54:35] | Nothing in his life became him… | 贾斯汀永远是贾斯汀 |
[1:54:39] | like the leaving it. | 他以他的方式离开 |
[1:54:52] | l have, uh, chosen a text l know Justin and Tessa would approve. | 我选了,呃,选了一篇文章 我想如果贾斯汀和苔莎在天有灵 他们都会同意我念的 |
[1:54:57] | lt’s an epistle. Noncanonical. | 一封普通的书信 不是什么经典之作 |
[1:55:04] | ”My Dear Sandy: Your na:i:vete is beyond belief. | “亲爱的桑迪 你的单纯简直超乎想像 |
[1:55:10] | ”Knowing our arrangements with KDH and ThreeBees, | “明知我们与 KDH和三蜜蜂公司的协议 |
[1:55:14] | ”you send me this half-baked report… | “居然还给我寄来一份 外交官软心肠的夫人和… |
[1:55:16] | ”by some bleeding heart diplomatic wife and her black lover… | “她黑鬼情人写的浅薄报道 |
[1:55:19] | ”and ask me to take action. | “还叫我采取行动 |
[1:55:22] | ”The only action required, apart from shredding the thing, | “赶紧把事情处理干净 除此之外,你的首要任务就是 |
[1:55:26] | ”is to keep a tighter rein on your resident harlot. | “给我牢牢看好那个贱货 |
[1:55:30] | ”I want to know what she does, where she goes, whom she meets. | “我要知道她干了什么 去了哪里,见过些什么人 |
[1:55:35] | ”The issue here is deniability. | “我们要做的就是 假装毫不知情 |
[1:55:38] | ”If nobody told us Dypraxa was causing deaths, | “如果当初没人告诉我们 Dypraxa会致命 |
[1:55:42] | ”we can’t be held responsible. | “我们就不必背上责任 |
[1:55:44] | ”But, my dear Sandy, should it ever become known… | “但是,亲爱的桑迪 如果让公众知道 |
[1:55:47] | ”that we’ve closed our eyes to the deaths, | “我们对那些冤死的人置若罔闻 |
[1:55:50] | ”none of us would survive the scandal. | “我们俩都逃不过这丑闻 |
[1:55:53] | [ Chattering ] ”l still have great hopes of you. My love to Gloria. | “我仍对你充满信心 代问格洛丽亚好 |
[1:55:56] | [ Chattering Continues ] Yours Sincerely, Bernard. ” | “你忠实的,伯纳德” |
[1:55:59] | [ Shouting Questions ] This way, sir. What do you have to say, sir? | 这边,先生 你有什么要说的吗,先生? |
[1:56:03] | [ Shouting Continues ] | |
[1:56:10] | lt was a bizarre sort of suicide. | 这是一出离奇的自杀案 |
[1:56:14] | His body bore no fewer than eight bullet wounds… | 他的尸体上至少有八处枪伤 |
[1:56:19] | from three different guns, | 由三种不同的枪造成 |
[1:56:21] | none of which was the one found in his hand. | 而没有一发 是从他手中的枪里射出的 |
[1:56:24] | So who has got away with murder? | 逍遥法外的凶手到底是谁? |
[1:56:27] | Not, of course, the British government. | 当然,不会是英国政府 |
[1:56:30] | They merely covered up, as one does, the offensive corpses. | 他们仅仅是掩盖真相 如同有人处置那些腐臭的尸体 |
[1:56:35] | Though not literally. That was done by person or persons unknown. | 这幕后究竟是怎样的黑手 我们无从知晓 |
[1:56:41] | So who has committed murder? | 谁是真正的凶手? |
[1:56:45] | Not, of course, the highly respectable firm of KDH Pharmaceutical, | 当然,没人怀疑 倍受尊敬的KDH医药公司 |
[1:56:50] | which has enjoyed record profits this quarter… | 该公司本季的收益再创新高 |
[1:56:54] | and has now licensed ZimbaMed of Harare… | 并且已经获得许可权在 津巴布韦首都哈拉雷… |
[1:56:57] | to continue testing Dypraxa in Africa. | 继续Dypraxa在非洲的试验 |
[1:57:02] | No, there are no murders in Africa. | 不,在非洲没有谋杀 |
[1:57:06] | Only regrettable deaths. | 只有令人哀莫的死亡 |
[1:57:09] | And from those deaths we derive the benefits of civilization, | 从那些死者 我们获得文明的利益 |
[1:57:14] | benefits we can afford so easily… | 这利益对于我们而言 是唾手可得的… |
[1:57:17] | because those lives were bought so cheaply. | 因为他们的生命 是那么的微不足道 |
[1:57:52] | l know all your secrets, Tess. | 我知道你所有的秘密了,苔丝 |
[1:57:58] | l think l understand you now. | 我想现在 我终于懂你了 |
[1:58:37] | [Justin ] You want me to come home. | 你让我回家 |
[1:58:44] | But l am home. | 可我已经到家了 |
[1:58:47] | [ Men Chattering In Native Language ] | |
[1:58:57] | [ Birds Squawking ] | |
[1:59:15] | [ Man ] Mr. Quayle. | 奎伊先生 |
[1:59:25] | [ Thinking ] Tess. | 苔丝 剧终 谢谢观赏 |
[1:59:27] | [ Birds Squawking ] | |
[1:59:56] | [ Man Chanting ] | |
[2:00:00] | [ Continues ] | |
[2:00:23] | [ Singing In Native Language ] | |
[2:04:02] | [ Instrumental ] | |
[2:04:37] | [ Man Singing In Native Language ] | |
[2:04:54] | [ Chorus Singing ] | |
[2:05:12] | [ Man Singing ] | |
[2:05:38] | [ Chorus Singing ] | |
[2:05:55] | [ Man Singing ] | |
[2:06:31] | [ Chorus Singing ] | |
[2:06:48] | [ Man Singing ] | |
[2:06:57] | [ Chorus Singing ] | |
[2:07:14] | [ Ends ] |