英文名称:Sideways
年代:2004
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:41] | [ Exhales ]Oh fuck. | 靠. |
[00:52] | – Uh yeah?- Miles can you move your car please? | -怎么了?-Miles 你能不能挪一下你的车 拜托? |
[00:55] | – Why?- Because the roofers gotta get the truck in. | -为什么?-因为修屋顶工人的卡车要进来 |
[00:58] | – You didn’t park too good. Okay?- Yeah. All right. | -你车停的不太对好么?-好行 |
[01:00] | Hold on. | 等一下 |
[01:22] | Sorry. Sorry gentlemen. | 抱歉 抱歉 先生们 |
[01:25] | [ Clears Throat ]Sorry. | 对不起 |
[01:59] | Oh fuck me! | 哦 靠! |
[02:01] | I know I saidI would be there by noon… | 我知道我说过会在中午前到那儿 |
[02:05] | but uh there’s all of this workgoing on at my building… | 但是我的楼在翻修有一大堆的事 |
[02:09] | and it’s just a total nightmare. | 简直就是场噩梦 |
[02:11] | I had a bunch of stuffI had to deal with this morning… | 我有些事今天早上必须处理 |
[02:15] | but I’m on my way. | 不过 我已经上路了 |
[02:15] | I’m out the door right now. | 我现在就出门了 |
[02:36] | – [ Miles ] Hi Simon.- [ Simon ] Hey Miles. | 嗨 Simon.嗨 Miles. |
[02:37] | – Triple espresso please?- For here? | – 三倍浓缩咖啡- 在这里喝么? |
[02:39] | Uh no actually.I’m running late. Make it to go. | 呃 不我已经晚了 给我打包吧 |
[02:42] | And give me a New York Timesand a spinach croissant. | 再给我一份纽约时报和一个菠菜牛角面包 |
[02:45] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:54] | – Ah!- Well hello! | – 啊!- 嗯 你好 |
[03:56] | – Hello Mrs. Erganian. How are you?- Come on in. | – 你好 Erganian夫人最近好么?- 进来吧 |
[03:59] | – Thank you. Is Jack still here?- Yes. | – 谢谢Jack还在这里么?- 是的 |
[04:11] | [ Mrs. Erganian ]Look what the cat dragged. | 看看猫给拽的 |
[04:13] | – Hi everybody. Sorry.- Hey. | – 嗨 大家好抱歉啊- 嗨 |
[04:16] | [Jack ]Somebody finally arrived. | 某人终于来了 |
[04:18] | You finally got here. Mr. Prompt. | 你终于到了飞毛腿先生 |
[04:20] | – Oh remember my kids? Alex Helen?- Hi. How are you? | – 哦 记不记得我的孩子们?Alex Helen?- 嗨 你们好 |
[04:23] | We were thinking maybe you wentthe wrong way you went to Tijuana… | 我们还在想你是不是走错了路 跑到墨西哥的提哇纳去了… |
[04:26] | – Right.- and they don’t let you back. | – 对- 然后他们不放你回来 |
[04:28] | – Yes! Yes!- [ Laughing ] Daddy! | – 是啊 是啊!- 爸爸! |
[04:30] | – I had to bribe them.- [ Continues Laughing ] Hey Miles. | – 我不得不行贿他们- 嗨 Miles |
[04:33] | Hey. How are you Christine? | 嗨 你好 Christine |
[04:35] | – [ Kiss ]- Yeah the freeway was unbelievable. | 高速公路塞的让人难以置信 |
[04:37] | Unbelievable.It was bumper-to-bumper the whole way. | 真是难以置信 一路上车挤车的 |
[04:40] | People getting an early starton the weekend I guess. | 我想大家周末出门都比较早 |
[04:43] | Granted I got a late start but– | 所以我就晚点出来 可还是– |
[04:45] | Well we’re just glad you made it. | 好了 我们都很高兴你能来 |
[04:48] | Christine why don’t youask Miles about the cake? | Christine 你为什么不问问Miles关于蛋糕的事? |
[04:50] | – Oh good idea. Come with me.- What’s this? | – 好主意跟我来- 怎么回事? |
[04:52] | We don’t really have time for that ’cause we gotta hit the road. | 我们可能没时间了 我们马上得出发了 |
[04:55] | – [ Christine ] Oh come on.!It’s just gonna take a second.!- Yeah. | – 哦 来吧就一秒钟的事- 就是 |
[04:59] | [ Miles ]Mmm. | 嗯 |
[05:01] | Jack tells us you are publishing a book.Congratulations. | Jack告诉我们说你正在出版一本书祝贺你 |
[05:04] | – Uh— Yes congratulations. | -呃—是啊 祝贺你 |
[05:07] | Yes well uh it’s not exactly finalized yet. | 是的 不过 呃确切的说还没有敲定呢 |
[05:10] | – So– There has been some interest and— Your friend is modest. | – 就是有人表示感兴趣 而且— 你的朋友很谦虚 |
[05:14] | Oh come on Miles.Don’t be so modest. Indulge them. | 得了 来吧 Miles.别那么谦虚了 满足一下他们吧 |
[05:17] | – Don’t make me out to be a liar.- What is the subject of your book? | – 别让我当个撒谎的人啊- 你的书是关于什么主题的? |
[05:21] | – Nonfiction?- Uh no. It’s– It’s a novel. | – 纪实的?- 呃 不 是–是小说 |
[05:23] | – Fiction. Yes.- Oh. | – 虚构的对- 哦 |
[05:25] | Although there is quite a bitfrom my own life… | 不过有很多部分取材于我自己的生活… |
[05:28] | so I suppose that technically some of it is nonfiction. | 所以我想 从技术上讲 算部分纪实吧 |
[05:31] | Good. I like nonfiction. | 好 我喜欢纪实的 |
[05:34] | There is so much to knowabout this world. | 这个世界有太多我们需要了解的 |
[05:36] | I think you read something somebodyjust invented it waste of time. | 我觉得读那些别人编造出来的东西简直是浪费时间 |
[05:41] | That’s an interesting perspective. | 这个观点很有意思 |
[05:43] | – So which one do you like better?- Oh well I like them both. | – 那 你比较喜欢哪一个?- 呃 两个都喜欢 |
[05:47] | But um if pressed I would have to saythat I prefer the dark. | 不过 呒 如果非要选的话 我得说我更喜欢那个黑的 |
[05:50] | – [ Murmuring ]- [Jack ] Told ya.! | 给你说过了! |
[05:53] | – Bye-bye.- Bye. | -再见-再见 |
[06:01] | – Bye.- Bye. | -再见-再见 |
[06:10] | Bye. | 再见 |
[06:12] | Where the fuck were you man? Huh?I was dying in there. | 你他妈的刚才在哪儿?嗯?我在那儿都快死了 |
[06:15] | – We’re supposed to bea hundred miles away by now.- I can’t help the traffic. | -本来我们现在都应该在100英里开外了-交通堵塞 我也没办法 |
[06:18] | Oh come on. You’re fucking hungover.You know you are. | 哦 得了吧 你他妈的酒鬼你自己明白 |
[06:21] | Okay there wasa tasting last night yes. | 好吧 我昨天晚上是尝了一点 没错 |
[06:24] | But I wanted to get us something nicefor the ride up. Check out the box. | 我不过是想给我们的车旅准备点好东西看那个盒子 |
[06:28] | Why did you tell themthat my novel was being published? | 你干吗告诉他们我的小说已经在出版了? |
[06:31] | – ‘Cause you said you had it all lined up.- No I didn’t. No. No. | -因为你说过你都联系好了-没有 我没说过 没有 |
[06:34] | What I said was that there wassome interest at Conundrum. | 我说的是”迷题”出版社的人表示有兴趣 |
[06:38] | – Yeah. Conundrum.- And that one of the editorswas passing it to a senior editor. | -对”迷题”-那个编辑要把小说递给高层编辑 |
[06:42] | Sounds pretty good to me.Sounds like you’re in. | 我觉得听上去不错听上去你已经搞定了 |
[06:44] | No. It’s a long shot. | 没有 希望并不大 |
[06:46] | Besides Conundrum it’s just a small specialty press. | 再说 “迷题”只是一家小的专业出版社 |
[06:50] | I’m not gonna get my hopes up. | 我不打算抱太大希望 |
[06:52] | You know? I’ve stopped caring. | 你知道 我已经不再关心这事了 |
[06:54] | The hell with it.I have stopped caring. | 算了吧我已经不再关心了 |
[06:57] | It sounds like it’s gonna happen this time.I mean I can feel it. | 听起来好像这次能成我是说 我能感觉到 |
[07:00] | I think this is the one. Huh? | 我想就是这次了嗯? |
[07:03] | I’m really proud of you man. | 我真为你感到骄傲 伙计 |
[07:05] | – Don’t open that now. It’s warm.- Why not? | -现在别打开还热着呢-为什么不行? |
[07:07] | Jack that is a 1992 Byron.It’s really rare. Okay? | Jack 这可是1992年的Byron酒这可是非常稀罕的懂么? |
[07:11] | – I’ve been saving it. Don’t— All right. I won’t open it. | -我一直存着它别打—好的 我不打 |
[07:14] | -Jack! – [ Cork Pops ]-Jack! | |
[07:16] | – [ Chuckling ]- Half of it gone. | 浪费了一半 |
[07:18] | Hey shut up. Okay? | 嗨 闭嘴行不行! |
[07:21] | Here’s to a great week. | 祝我们度过愉快地一周! |
[07:24] | – Come on.- [ Champagne Pouring ] | 来吧 |
[07:28] | Yes. Absolutely. | 嗯 绝对 |
[07:30] | Despite your crass behavior… | 虽然你很蠢… |
[07:32] | I’m actually gladwe’re getting this time together. | 我还是很高兴我们这次能一起来 |
[07:35] | Yeah. Me too. | 对我也这样想 |
[07:37] | I’ve been looking forward to thisfor a long time. | 我期待这一天已经很久了 |
[07:40] | – Was beginning to thinkit was never gonna happen.- Man! That’s tasty! | -我还以为这一天永远也不会来呢-哎呀 味道真不错! |
[07:43] | That’s 1 00% pinot noir.Single vineyard. | 百分之百加州黑皮诺(pinot noir)葡萄单一品种的葡萄园 |
[07:45] | They don’t even make it anymore. | 他们现在都不造这种酒了 |
[07:47] | – Pinot noir?- Mm-hmm. | -黑皮诺葡萄?-嗯 |
[07:49] | – Then how come it’s white?- Oh Jesus. | -那怎么这是白色的?-哦 上帝啊 |
[07:51] | Don’t ask questions like thatup in wine country. | 可别在葡萄酒园问这样的问题 |
[07:53] | – They’ll think you’re some kind of dumbshit.-Just tell me. | -他们会以为你是弱智呢-告诉我么 |
[07:56] | Color in red winescomes from the skins. | 红葡萄酒的颜色来自葡萄皮 |
[07:59] | This juice on the other hand is free run… | 这个酒的葡萄汁不一样 是自然流出的 不是挤压的… |
[08:02] | so that there’s no skin contactduring fermentation– | 所以在发酵的时候不会接触到葡萄皮– |
[08:07] | [ Miles ]Did you read the latest draft by the way? | 对了 你有没有看过我最近的草稿? |
[08:09] | – [Jack ] Oh yeah.yeah.- And? | -嗯 看过了 看过了-觉得怎样? |
[08:11] | It’s great. | 非常棒 |
[08:13] | I mean there are so many improvements.It’s much tighter. | 我是说 有很多出改动结构更加紧凑了 |
[08:16] | Just seems– I don’t know more congealed or something. | 就是看上去–不知道 好像更凝固了似的 |
[08:19] | Mm-hmm. What about the new ending?Did you like that? | 呒新的结局怎么样?你喜不喜欢? |
[08:23] | Oh yeah. New endingvastly superior to the old ending. | 哦 对 新结局比老的那个结局好太多了 |
[08:28] | There is no new ending. | 就根本没有新结局 |
[08:30] | Page 7 50 on is exactly the same. | 从750页以后就没有改动 |
[08:35] | Well maybe it just seemed new… | 噢 那大概是看着象新的吧… |
[08:37] | because everything leading up to itwas so different? | 难道是因为所有导致结局的情节都变了? |
[08:40] | Yeah! That must be it! | 对!肯定是这个原因! |
[08:46] | Whoa. Why are we getting off? | 哇我们为什么要下车? |
[08:48] | – Uh I just wanna make one quick stop.- For what? | -呃 我想停一下-干什么? |
[08:51] | – I just thought we could saya quick hello to my mother.- Your mother? | -我想我们可以去和我妈妈打个招呼-你妈妈? |
[08:54] | Look it’s her birthday tomorrow.Okay? | 看 明天是她生日好么? |
[08:56] | – And I don’t feel right driving byand not stopping in.- Okay. | -我觉得路过不进去拜访挺不对的-好吧 |
[08:59] | – It’ll take a second.She’s right off the freeway.- Okay.! | -马上就好她就住在高速公路边上-好吧! |
[09:02] | I didn’t know it was her birthday.How old is she gonna be? | 我不知道是她生日她今年多大年纪了? |
[09:05] | Uh oh… 70-something. | 呃 嗯…70–多吧 |
[09:14] | Oh. Here hold thesefor just a second. | 噢 这个 帮我那一下 |
[09:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:46] | – Surprise.!- Surprise! | -惊喜!-惊喜! |
[09:48] | – Happy birthday Mom!- Happy birthday! | -生日快乐 妈妈!-生日快乐! |
[09:50] | Oh my God! Miles! And Jack! | 哦 上帝啊!Miles!Jack! |
[09:54] | What a surprise! | 真是个惊喜! |
[09:57] | I can’t remember the last timeyou brought me flowers! | 我都不记得上次你给我带花是什么时候了! |
[10:01] | Happy birthday Mom. | 生日快乐 妈妈 |
[10:03] | They’re from both of us.[ Chuckling ] | 花是我们俩共同送的 |
[10:05] | – A famous actorbringing me flowers for my birthday!- Right? Yeah! | -一个著名的演员给我的生日献花?-是么?是的! |
[10:10] | – Don’t I feel special?- [Jack ] And champagne.! | -我感到非常特别-还有香槟! |
[10:14] | – Famous actor’s getting married next week Mom.- Oh that’s right! | -这个著名的演员下周要结婚了 妈妈-噢 对了 |
[10:17] | Isn’t that nice. | 真是太好了 |
[10:19] | I hope that girl knowshow lucky she is… | 我希望那个女孩能知道自己有多幸运… |
[10:23] | marrying no lessthan Derek Sommersby. | 嫁给了一个像Derek Sommersby一样的人 |
[10:26] | Gosh that was like 1 1 years ago Mrs. Raymond. | 天哪 那是大概11年前了吧 Raymond太太 |
[10:30] | – Well you were wonderful in that show.!- [ Laughs ] | 反正 你在那个电视剧里特别棒! |
[10:34] | Why that didn’t make you the biggestmovie star in the world is a sin! | 那个剧没让你成为世界上最红的影星真是罪过! |
[10:39] | Oh now Miles… | 哦 现在 Miles… |
[10:42] | why didn’t you tell me you were comingand bringing this handsome man? | 为什么不告诉我你来是给我带来这个英俊的男人? |
[10:46] | Look how I’m dressed! | 看我打扮得多好! |
[10:48] | I’ve gotta run and put my face on. | 我得快点去化化妆 |
[10:50] | You look fabulous Mrs. Raymond. | 你看上去很美 Raymond太太 |
[10:52] | Oh stop it! | 哦 别这样! |
[10:54] | – Make yourselves comfortable.- [ TV:Announcer Faint ] | 你们随便点 |
[10:56] | – You boys hungry?- Yeah I’m hungry. | -你们饿不饿?-嗯 我饿了 |
[10:59] | [ TV:Announcer Continues ]Along with the battle casualties… | [电视播音员:随着战争伤亡人数…] |
[11:02] | Just a snack. | 一点零食就可以了 |
[11:04] | the Germans lost almost a million men. | [德国损失了一百万人] |
[11:06] | To replace them Hitler turnedto his last resort of manpower. | [为了补充人员希特勒不得不转向最后的人力来源] |
[11:14] | This is delicious Mrs. Raymond.Absolutely delicious. | 这真好吃 Raymond太太绝对好吃 |
[11:17] | – Mmm.- They’re just leftovers. | -唔-只是剩下的而已 |
[11:19] | [ Chuckles ]I-Is this chicken? | 呃 这是鸡肉么? |
[11:21] | I could have made something fancier… | 我本来可以做些更花哨的吃的… |
[11:23] | if a certain someone had let me knowthat a certain someone… | 如果某人让我事先知道某人… |
[11:26] | was coming for a visitand bringing a certain special friend. | 要来拜访而且要带一个特殊的朋友 |
[11:30] | It was a surprise Mom. | 这是一个惊喜 妈妈 |
[11:32] | And I could’ve already put clean sheets… | 而且我还可以换上干净的床单 |
[11:34] | on the other bed and the foldout. | 铺在另外那张床上和折叠床上 |
[11:36] | You are staying. | 你们留下吧 |
[11:38] | Wendy Ron and the twins are picking us upat 1 1 :30 to go to brunch at the Sheraton. | Wendy Ron 和双胞胎11:30来接我们去喜来登吃早午餐 |
[11:43] | They do a magnificent job there. | 他们在那有一份极好的工作 |
[11:46] | – You talked to Wendy?-Just now. | -你和Wendy讲了?-就刚才 |
[11:49] | She’s thrilled! And the twins– | 她高兴极了!双胞胎们– |
[11:51] | No no I bet. I bet. Yeah. | 不 不 不要了我肯定不要 |
[11:54] | Well you know Jack is pretty eagerto uh to get up to um– | 那 你看 Jack很想–呃–去 唔– |
[11:58] | [ Stammering ]You know. | 你知道的 |
[12:00] | Uh but yeah absolutely.We’ll see how it goes. | 呃 不过 对 当然我们看看怎么样 |
[12:06] | Well you boys do what you want. | 那好吧 你俩想怎样就怎样吧 |
[12:08] | I just thought it would be nice for usto be together as a family on my birthday. | 我只是觉得在我生日的时候 我们能像一家人那样聚在一起挺好的 |
[12:12] | Mm-hmm. Mm-hmm. | 唔唔 |
[12:16] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[13:46] | And what was that other one you did? | 你拍的另外那个叫什么来着? |
[13:49] | The one where you were the jogger. | 就是你演一个慢跑的人 |
[13:51] | Oh that was for um Spray ‘n Wash. | 哦 那个是 呃 Spray ‘n Wash清洁剂广告 |
[13:54] | Spray ‘n Wash! That’s the one! | Spray ‘n Wash!就是这个! |
[13:56] | Gosh. I remember the girl that wasin it with me. She was somethin’. | 天哪我记得那个和我一起拍这个的女孩 她可真是个尤物 |
[14:00] | [ Mrs. Raymond ]I just remember you jogging. | 我就记得你慢跑来着 |
[14:03] | [Jack Laughing ]Whoo-hoo! | 呜噢! |
[14:06] | [ Mrs. Raymond ]So when’s the wedding? | 那 婚礼什么时候? |
[14:08] | Next Saturday Mom.Remember? We told you. | 下周六 妈妈不记得了?我们告诉过你的 |
[14:12] | And Miles is my best man Mrs. Raymond.My main man. | Miles是我的伴郎 Raymond太太我最重要的人 |
[14:15] | Miles when are you goingto get married again? | Miles 你什么时候再结婚啊? |
[14:20] | I just got divorced Phyllis. | 我刚刚离婚 Phyllis. |
[14:22] | [Jack ]Two years ago buddy. | 已经两年了 伙计 |
[14:25] | You should get back together… | 你应该跟她和好… |
[14:27] | with Victoria. | 跟Victoria. |
[14:30] | She was good for you. | 她对你很合适 |
[14:32] | She was good for you! | 她对你很合适! |
[14:35] | And so beautiful and so intelligent. | 而且那么漂亮 那么聪明 |
[14:38] | You knew her right? | 你认识她 对么? |
[14:40] | [Jack ]Oh yeah. Real well. Still do. | 哦 对关系不错 现在还是 |
[14:44] | I’m worried about you Miles. | 我很担心你 Miles |
[14:50] | Do you need some money? | 你需要钱么? |
[14:54] | Jack. [ Miles Whispering ]Jack. | |
[14:57] | Jack. Jack. | |
[15:00] | Jack come on. | Jack 过来. |
[15:07] | [ TV:Man ]A rubber bag food slinger? | [TV:橡皮袋食品容器?] |
[15:11] | Are you kidding me? | [你不是在开玩笑吧?] |
[15:13] | Our super-amazing tree house… | [超神奇的树上小屋…] |
[15:15] | brought about by ourtwo-by-four technology– | [由我们的2×4技术带给您–] |
[15:18] | [ Whispers ]Jack! No no no no. She’ll wake up. | Jack!别 别 别会把她弄醒的 |
[15:21] | Who did this? | [谁干的?] |
[15:23] | – [ Boy ] I did!- [ Man ] What? | -[我干的!]-[什么?] |
[15:26] | She was tired silly. | [她太累了 傻瓜] |
[15:28] | Our ship was so high! | [我们的船真高!] |
[15:30] | [ Girl ]They need a vacation! | [他们需要一次度假!] |
[15:32] | Hamster holiday! Fun for all! | [仓鼠假日!大家都开心!] |
[15:48] | Fuck! Too early in the morning for that.You know what I mean? | 靠!大早上的干那个是不是太早了?你明白我的意思么? |
[15:52] | Oh. She’s a kid for God’s sake. | 哦 她只是个孩子 看在上帝的份上 |
[15:55] | As if she would even be attractedto guys like us in the first place. | 好像她会喜欢我们这样的男人似的 |
[15:58] | Speak for yourself man. I get chickslooking at me all the time. All ages. | 是在说你自己吧 我可是总有靓妞注意的 各种年龄段的 |
[16:02] | Dudes too. | 甚至包括男人 |
[16:04] | Well it’s not worth it.You pay too big a price. | 喂 这样不值得你要付出很大代价 |
[16:07] | – It’s never free.- You need to get laid Miles. | -没有什么是免费的-你需要被操一顿 Miles. |
[16:10] | – [ Laughs ]- That’s gonna be my best-man giftto you this week. | 这将是这星期我送给你的伴郎礼物 |
[16:13] | I’m gonna get you laid. | 我要让你被操一顿 |
[16:15] | Wonderful. | 太好了 |
[16:17] | I’m not gonna get you a gift certificateor a penknife or any of that other horseshit. | 我不会给你送什么礼券啊 袖珍小刀啊这样的狗屎东西 |
[16:21] | – I’d rather have a knife.- No. | -我宁可要个小刀-不 |
[16:23] | You have been officially depressedfor like two years now. | 你已经被真真正正压抑了大概两年了 |
[16:26] | You’re a negative guy anyway even back in college. | 反正你就是个消极的人 在大学时就那样 |
[16:29] | – Mm-hmm.- And now it’s worse. | -唔-现在变得更糟了 |
[16:31] | You’re wasting away. Teaching Englishto fucking eighth-graders? | 你真是屈才给他妈的8年级学生教英语? |
[16:34] | When they oughta be reading what you wrote.Your books Miles. | 他们什么时候能读到你写的东西你的书 Miles. |
[16:37] | – I’m working on it.- [ Mutters ] Not working hard enough. | -我正在努力-努力的还不够 |
[16:40] | – Are you still seeing that shrink?- I saw him on Monday. | -你还在看那个心理医生么?-我每周一去看 |
[16:44] | I spent most of the timehelping him with his computer. | 我大部分时间都花在帮他整电脑上了 |
[16:47] | Well I say fuck therapy and–What is that stuff you take? Xanax? | 哼 我得说去他妈的心理治疗–你在吃什么药?Xanax? |
[16:51] | And Lexapro yes. | 对 还有Lexapro |
[16:53] | Well I say fuck that too.You need to get your joint worked on Miles. | 哼 这些药也去他妈的你需要的是活动活动关节 Miles. |
[16:57] | Okay Jack–Jack–[ Clears Throat ] | 好了 Jack–Jack– |
[17:00] | This week is not about me.It is about you. | 这个星期不是为我的 而是为你的 |
[17:04] | I’m gonna show you a good time. | 我要让你享受一段美妙时光 |
[17:07] | We’re gonna drink a lot of good wine we’re gonna play some golf… | 我们要喝很多很多美酒 我们要打高尔夫… |
[17:11] | we’re gonna eat some great food enjoy the scenery… | 我们要吃山珍海味 欣赏美景… |
[17:14] | and we’re gonna send you off in style mon frere. | 我们要像模像样的和你告别 mon frere 我的兄弟<法语> |
[17:17] | And get your bone smooched. | 要让你的骨头都被亲遍 |
[17:37] | You know what? | 这么着 |
[17:39] | Let’s take the Santa Rosa Road exitand hit Sanford first. Okay? | 我们从圣罗莎路出口走 先去斯坦福酒园怎么样? |
[17:42] | Sounds good to me. I need a drink. | 我觉得不错我正需要喝一杯 |
[17:45] | These guys make top-notch pinotand chardonnay. | 他们生产顶尖的皮诺酒和夏多利(chardonnay)酒 |
[17:48] | One of the best producersin Santa Barbara County. | 是圣巴巴拉一带最好的产酒地之一 |
[17:50] | – I thought you hated chardonnay.- No no no. I like all varietals. | -我还以为你讨厌夏多利酒呢-不 不不 我喜欢所有单品葡萄酒 |
[17:53] | I just don’t generally like the waythey manipulate chardonnay in California. | 我只是不怎么喜欢加利福尼亚处理夏多利酒的方式 |
[17:57] | – Too much oak and secondarymalolactic fermentation.- Huh. | -用太多橡木和苹果酸发酵-哈 |
[18:01] | You see the reason that this regionis so good for pinot… | 你看 这个地区很适合皮诺葡萄的原因… |
[18:05] | is that the cold air off the Pacificflows in at night… | 是晚间从太平洋来的冷空气… |
[18:09] | and it just cools down the berries. | 让浆果类植物凉快下去 |
[18:11] | Pinot’s a very thin-skinned grape. | 皮诺是一种皮很薄的葡萄 |
[18:14] | It doesn’t like constant heat or humidity.Very delicate. | 不喜欢持久高温和潮湿非常娇贵 |
[18:20] | [ Miles ]Let me show you how this is done. | 我演示给你看该怎么做 |
[18:23] | First thing– hold the glass up andexamine the wine against the light. | 首先–举起杯子对着灯光仔细看葡萄酒 |
[18:26] | You’re looking for color and clarity. | 你要看的是颜色和纯净度 |
[18:28] | -Just get a sense of it. Okay?- Okay. | -感觉一下它好了么?-好了 |
[18:30] | Thick? Thin? Watery? Syrupy? | 是稠还是稀?是水状还是浆状? |
[18:34] | – Okay?- Okay. | -好了么?-好了 |
[18:36] | Now tip it. | 现在倾斜一点 |
[18:38] | What you’re doing here is checking for colordensity as it thins out towards the rim. | 现在要做的是在它靠近杯边缘稀薄的地方检查颜色的密度 |
[18:42] | That’s gonna tell you how old it is among other things. | 这会告诉你酒有多陈 当然还有其他的 |
[18:45] | It’s usuallymore important with reds. | 通常这对红酒更加重要 |
[18:47] | – Okay?- Okay. | -好了么?-好了 |
[18:49] | Now stick your nose in it. | 现在把鼻子伸进去 |
[18:51] | – [ Sniffs ] Yeah?- Don’t be shy. | -对么?-不要害羞 |
[18:54] | Really get your nose right in there.Really– | 真的要把鼻子放进去真的– |
[18:58] | Mmm. A little citrus. | 呒 一点橘子味 |
[19:01] | Maybe some strawberry. Mmm. | 好像还有点草莓呒 |
[19:04] | Passion fruit. Mmm. | 西番莲果呒 |
[19:07] | And– Ah there’s just like the faintest… | 还有– 啊 好像还有点 非常淡的… |
[19:10] | [ Sniffs ]soupcon of like uh asparagus and– | 很轻微的 像芦笋 还有– |
[19:13] | There’s a–just a flutter of like a– | 有那么点隐隐约约的 像– |
[19:16] | like a nutty Edam cheese. | 像 坚果伊顿奶酪 |
[19:19] | – Wow.- [ Sniffs ] | 哇 |
[19:21] | Mmm! | 呒 |
[19:23] | – Strawberries. Yeah.- Good. | -草莓对-好 |
[19:25] | – Strawberries. Not the cheese.- All right. | -草莓而已没有奶酪-好吧 |
[19:28] | Put your glass down.Get some air into it. | 放下杯子让它进点空气 |
[19:31] | Oxygenating it opens it up. | 氧化能将它打开 |
[19:33] | It unlocks the aromas the flavors.Very important. | 释放出香气和滋味非常重要 |
[19:35] | – Smell again.- [ Both Inhaling ] | 再闻 |
[19:38] | Ah. That’s what you dowith every one of’em. | 啊对每一杯都要这样做 |
[19:41] | – Wow. When do we drink it?- Now. | -哇那我们什么时候才能喝?-现在 |
[19:45] | Mmm! Ahh. | 呒!啊 |
[19:51] | – Mmm.- How would you rate this one Miles? | -呒-你给这个酒打几分 Miles? |
[19:54] | Well usually they start you on wineswith learning disabilities… | 嗯 通常他们一开始给你的酒都像给有学习障碍的人准备的… |
[19:57] | but this one is pretty damn good. | 不过这个确实很好 |
[19:59] | – This is the new one. Right Chris?-Just released two months ago. | -这个是新酒 对吧 Chris?-两个月前才出的 |
[20:03] | – Nice job.- We like it. | -很不错-我们都喜欢 |
[20:05] | You could work in a wine store Miles. | 你可以在葡萄酒店工作 Miles.Miles. |
[20:07] | Mmm. Yeah.That’d be a good move. | 唔 是啊可能是个好出路 |
[20:12] | Are you chewing gum? | 你在嚼口香糖么? |
[20:51] | Do you think I’m making a mistakemarrying Christine? | 你觉得我和Christine结婚会不会是个错误? |
[20:54] | Whoa! | 哇呜! |
[20:56] | Do you think I’m doing the right thing Miles?Tell me the truth. | 你觉得我做的对么 Miles?说实话 |
[20:59] | I mean you’ve been there. | 我的意思是 你是过来人 |
[21:02] | Well you know I– I think that youwaited for some good reason… | 嗯 是这样 我认为你曾经的等待很有道理… |
[21:06] | and that you proposed to Christinefor some good reason… | 你向Christine求婚也很有道理… |
[21:09] | so I think it’s great. | 所以我觉得这是很好的事 |
[21:11] | It’s time. | 是时候了 |
[21:13] | I mean you gotta have your eyes open that’s all. | 我是说 你得把眼睛睁大点 这就行了 |
[21:16] | I mean look at me.I thought Victoria and I were set for life. | 我的意思是 你看看我我原以为我和Victoria能安稳过一辈子 |
[21:20] | Christine’s dad he’s really been talking to me… | Christine的爸爸 他居然跟我谈了… |
[21:23] | about bringing me into his property business showing me the ropes. | 让我加入他的房地产生意 传授给我其中的窍门 |
[21:27] | Which is something considering how longit took him to get over my not being Armenian. | 这可意义重大想想他用了多长时间才接受了我不是亚美尼亚人的事实 |
[21:31] | So I’m thinking about it. | 所以我总在想 |
[21:33] | But I don’t know. | 不过我也不知道 |
[21:35] | Might get a little incestuous. | 可能会有点乱 |
[21:37] | But Mike does great.A lot of high-end commercial stuff. | 不过Mike做的很好很多高端的商业东西 |
[21:40] | – So you’re gonna stop acting?- No way! No. | -那你以后就放弃表演了?-不可能 不会 |
[21:43] | This would just provide some stability. | 这只是为了生活稳定 |
[21:46] | I could always squeeze in a commercialor an audition here there. | 我总能挤出时间 时不时参加个广告或者试演什么的 |
[21:49] | Keep myself in the game in casesomething really great came along. | 我得保持状态 万一好机会来了呢 |
[21:52] | We’re not getting any younger Miles. | 我们都不再年轻了 Miles. |
[21:54] | No. No. | 对 不再了 |
[22:02] | – Hey hey hey.!- Hey. | 嗨 嗨 嗨!嗨 |
[22:04] | – Miles!- Sir. | -Miles!-先生 |
[22:06] | – Long time no see.- Gary nice to see you. | -好久不见了-Gary 很高兴见到你 |
[22:09] | – When’s your novel coming out?We all wanna read it.- Soon soon soon. | -你的小说什么时候出来?我们都等着读呢-马上了 马上了 |
[22:12] | This is my buddyJack.He’s getting married next week. | 这是我的老朋友 Jack.他下星期要结婚了 |
[22:15] | – My condolences man.- What are you pouring tonight? | 我哀悼一下 伙计你们今晚去哪里喝? |
[22:17] | – Uh we have got a lot of good stuff.- Mm-hmm? | -呃 我们有很多上等货-嗯哼? |
[22:20] | Ah we have the uh new Bien Nacido.You want a taste? | 啊 我们有 呃 新的Bien Nacido酒想尝尝么? |
[22:23] | [ Laughs ]Absolument. | 那当然 |
[22:25] | They make their own wine here.It’s just outstanding. | 他们这儿生产自己的酒 绝对不同凡响 |
[22:28] | Very special. Thank you. | 很独特谢谢 |
[22:33] | Mmm! | 呒! |
[22:37] | – Mmm.- So what do you think? | -呒-你觉得怎么样? |
[22:41] | Tighter than a nun’s asshole.But good concentration. Nice fruit. | 比修女的xx还要紧浓度很好 原料不错 |
[22:45] | Pour us a couple will ya. | 给我们倒两杯 好么 |
[22:47] | Yeah. It’s tight. | 对 是很烈 |
[22:52] | There you are gentlemen. | 给 先生们 |
[22:54] | I will leave you the bottle.And it is good to see you. | 这瓶留给你了很高兴见到你 |
[22:58] | Hey man.Here’s to my last week of freedom. | 嗨 伙计为我最后一周的自由 |
[23:02] | It’s gonna be great. | 会很好的 |
[23:04] | Here’s to us. | 为我们俩 |
[23:12] | – Miles.- Mm-hmm? | – Miles.- 嗯哼? |
[23:14] | Check out that chick. | 看那个小妞 |
[23:17] | Oh. Yeah. That’s Maya. | 哦那是Maya |
[23:20] | – You know her?- Sure I know Maya. | – 你认识她?- 当然 我认识Maya. |
[23:23] | – You know that chick?- Yes.Jack this is where I eatwhen I come up here. | – 你认识那个妞?-是的 Jack我每次过来都在这儿吃饭 |
[23:26] | You know?It’s practically my office. | 懂么?这儿就好像我的办公室 |
[23:29] | And occasionally I have a drinkwith the employees yeah. | 偶尔我会和在这儿工作的人喝一杯 就是这样 |
[23:32] | Maya’s great.She’s worked here a year year and a half. | Maya非常棒她在这里工作了一年 一年半了 |
[23:36] | She’s incredibly hot. | 她性感的让人难以置信 |
[23:38] | Yes she is.And nice. And married. | 对 她是的她很好 不过已经结婚了 |
[23:40] | Check out the rock. | 看她的大钻戒 |
[23:42] | Oh that doesn’t mean shit. | 哦 那个屎都不算 |
[23:44] | When Christine worked at Sushi Roku… | Christine在寿司店工作的时候… |
[23:46] | she wore a big engagement ringto keep guys from hitting on her. | 她一直戴着大个的订婚戒指 以防男人们挑逗她 |
[23:49] | Think it worked? Fuck no.How do you think I met her? | 有用么?他妈一点用没有你以为我是怎么认识她的? |
[23:52] | Well this gal is married to somephilosophy professor at U.C. Santa Barbara. | 嗯 这个女孩嫁的可是加州圣巴巴拉大学的哲学教授 |
[23:57] | What’s a professor’s wife doing waitressing?Obviously that’s over. | 教授的太太做女招待说明什么?明显婚姻完蛋了 |
[24:00] | Jack you don’t know anythingabout this woman. | Jack 你并不了解这个女人 |
[24:03] | Calm down. Let’s just eat. | 冷静点吃饭吧 |
[24:09] | – Hey Miles!- Oh! Hi Maya. | – 嗨 Miles!- 哦 嗨 Maya. |
[24:12] | – How are you?- I’m good. Good. | – 你好么?- 我很好 很好 |
[24:15] | You look great.Did you lose some weight? | 你看上气色不错是不是减肥了? |
[24:19] | Uh… no actually. | 呃…事实上 没有 |
[24:21] | But… thank you.[ Chuckles ] | 可是… 谢谢 |
[24:23] | – Busy night huh?- Sunday. | – 晚上很忙 嗯?- 星期天嘛 |
[24:26] | You guys been out tasting? | 你们俩出来品酒的? |
[24:28] | Oh you know it. You know it. | 哦 你说对了 说对了 |
[24:30] | Oh this is my friend Jack.Jack Maya. | 哦 这是我的朋友 Jack.Jack 这是Maya. |
[24:32] | – Hiya.- Hi. | – 嗨 Maya.- 嗨 |
[24:34] | Well it’s good to see you. Bye Miles. | 那 很高兴见到你再见 Miles. |
[24:37] | Oh. Back to work. | 哦 得回去工作了 |
[24:41] | -Jesus she is jammin’.- Yeah. | -上帝 她真勾魂-是的 |
[24:45] | And she’s obviously into you. | 很明显她喜欢你 |
[24:47] | What else do you know about her? | 对她 你还了解什么? |
[24:49] | Well she does know a lot about wine. | 嗯 她很懂葡萄酒 |
[24:52] | Ah. Now we’re getting somewhere. | 啊看来有戏 |
[24:55] | – She likes pinot.- Perfect! | -她喜欢皮诺酒-绝配! |
[24:58] | She’s a fucking waitressin Buellton Jack. | 妈的 她只是Buellton的一个女招待 Jack. |
[25:00] | How is that ever gonna work out? | 我们怎么可能? |
[25:02] | You dick. Why do you have tofocus on the negative? | 你这家伙怎么你总是盯着坏的一面? |
[25:05] | – See how friendly she was to you?- She works for tips. | – 看看她对你多亲切?- 她只是为了小费 |
[25:10] | You’re blind dude. Blind. | 你瞎了 伙计瞎了 |
[25:12] | I can also recommend the ostrich steak.Very lean. Locally raised. | 我还推荐鸵鸟排骨肉很瘦是本地养的 |
[25:20] | Hey Gary. | 嗨 Gary. |
[25:22] | – Highliner please.- You got it. | – 再来点Highliner酒- 好的 |
[25:24] | – That’s on us.- Yes indeed. | – 我们请了- 是的 真的 |
[25:26] | Well hey guys. Do you mind? | 嗨 大家介意么? |
[25:28] | – Oh no no no.- You sure? | – 哦 不不- 你确定? |
[25:30] | Please. Light up light up. | 请便点吧 点吧 |
[25:36] | In fact would you like to join us? | 事实上 你愿意和我们坐一起么? |
[25:41] | Sure. | 当然 |
[25:46] | – [ Clears Throat ]- So how’s that book coming Miles? | 嗯 你的书怎么样了 Miles? |
[25:49] | I think you were almost finished with itthe last time we talked. | 我想上次我们聊的时候你差不多快完成了 |
[25:52] | – I finished it.- Good for you! Wow. | -我已经完成了-你真棒!喔 |
[25:56] | It’s getting published. | 现在正在出版 |
[25:58] | That’s uh actually whywe’re up here celebrating. | 这就是 呃 我们为什么到这儿来庆祝 |
[26:02] | Well congratulations. | 喔 祝贺你 |
[26:04] | – That’s fantastic!- Yeah. | -这真是妙极了!-是啊 |
[26:06] | – Cheers.- Thanks. | -干杯-谢谢 |
[26:10] | Are you a writer too? | 你也是作家么? |
[26:12] | No Maya I’m an actor. | 不 Maya 我是个演员 |
[26:14] | Really. What kind of stuff? | 真的?演什么? |
[26:16] | Mmm a lot ofTV. | 呒 很多电视 |
[26:18] | I used to be a regularon a couple of series. | 我原来是几个剧集的常规演员 |
[26:22] | But lately it’s been a lot of commercial work.Nationals mostly. | 不过最近就是演很多广告大部分是给Nationals做的 |
[26:26] | Anything I might know? | 有没有我可能知道的? |
[26:28] | Perhaps. Do you recognize this? | 可能这个有没有印象? |
[26:31] | Now with a low low5.8% A.P.R. financing! | 现在只有很低 很低5.8% A.P.R. financing!5.8%的年利率! |
[26:35] | [ Laughing ]That’s hilarious! | 太好笑了! |
[26:37] | – You sound just like one of those guys.- Am one of those guys. | -你听上去很象那种人-我就是那种人 |
[26:40] | – You are not.- He is. | -你不是-他是的 |
[26:42] | Consult your doctorbefore using this product. | 使用本产品前 请咨询医生 |
[26:45] | Side effects may include oily discharge… | 副作用包括出油… |
[26:47] | hives loss of appetite low blood pressure. | 麻疹 食欲不振 低血压 |
[26:49] | If you have diabetesor a history of kidney trouble… | 如果你有糖尿病或肾病史… |
[26:52] | you’re dead asshole! | 你必死无疑 笨蛋! |
[26:54] | [ Chuckles ]Yeah. | 对 |
[26:56] | So what are you guys up to tonight? | 那 你们今天晚上打算干什么? |
[26:59] | Oh we’re pretty wiped. | 哦 我们已经挺累了 |
[27:01] | I think we’re just gonna go backto the motel and crash. | 我想我们就回汽车旅馆睡觉 |
[27:08] | Yeah I guess it’skind of a long drive up here. | 对我想开车来这儿有很长的路吧 |
[27:10] | – Mmm.- Where are you staying? | -呒-你们住哪里? |
[27:13] | Uh the Windmill. | 呃 ‘风车’ |
[27:15] | Windmill. | ‘风车’ |
[27:18] | The girl is looking to party… | 这女孩想要个派对… |
[27:20] | and you tell her we’re going backto the motel and crash? | 你却告诉她我们要回汽车旅馆睡觉? |
[27:23] | -Jesus Miles!- Well I’m tired Jack. | -上帝啊 Miles!-唉 我累了 Jack. |
[27:25] | – Aren’t you tired?- The chick digs you man! | -你难道不累么?-那个女孩在试探你 笨蛋! |
[27:27] | She lit up like a pinball machine… | 她容光焕发象个弹球机… |
[27:29] | when she found outyour novel was getting published. | 在她听说你的小说要出版的时候 |
[27:32] | Now I have another lie to live down. | 现在我不得不活在另一个谎言中 |
[27:34] | – Thanks Jack.-Just trying to get you a little action. | -谢谢你 Jack.-我只是想让你行动起来 |
[27:37] | I would appreciate a little bit of help. | 我就很乐意接受一些帮助 |
[27:40] | Didn’t seem to me like that’s whatwas going on. You were all over her. | 我不觉得你那是在帮我你把她全忘了 |
[27:43] | Well somebody had to do the talking. | 噢 你就一定要教训我 |
[27:46] | And by the way I was right–she’s not married. | 而且 我猜对了–她的婚姻完了 |
[27:49] | – How do you know?- No rock. | -你怎么知道-没钻戒 |
[27:51] | When she came to the bar she was sans rock. | 她在酒吧的时候没戴钻戒 |
[27:56] | Oh. | 哦 |
[28:17] | What’s the plan for today Miles? | 今天的计划是什么 Miles? |
[28:19] | Aha. | 阿哈 |
[28:21] | Good. Um we head up north– | 好呃 我们先朝北去– |
[28:24] | Begin the grape tour up there… | 从那儿开始我们的葡萄之旅… |
[28:26] | work our way south… | 一路往南… |
[28:28] | so that the more we drink… | 这样 我们喝的越多… |
[28:30] | the closer we get to the motel. | 就离我们的汽车旅馆越近 |
[28:36] | What’s your problem? | 你到底有什么问题? |
[28:44] | What is it? | 怎么了? |
[28:49] | I’m going to get my nuton this trip Miles… | 我这次旅程一定要找点刺激 Miles… |
[28:52] | and you are not gonnafuck it up for me… | 你别坏我的事… |
[28:55] | with all of your depression and anxietyand neg-head downer shit. | 别用你那些沮丧 焦虑 那些他妈的负面思想 |
[28:59] | [ Chuckles ]Oh. | 哦 |
[29:01] | Well now the cards are on the table. | 好啊 你都摊牌了 |
[29:04] | Yes they are. | 对 没错 |
[29:06] | – Ah.- And I am serious. Do not fuck with me Miles. | -啊-我是认真的别坏我的事 Miles. |
[29:10] | I am going to get laid before I get marriedon Saturday. Do you read me? | 我要在周六结婚前操一顿你懂不懂? |
[29:16] | Sure big guy. Absolutely. | 懂 老大 当然懂 |
[29:18] | Loud and clear.Whatever you say. | 你讲的每个字都声音又大又清楚 |
[29:20] | It’s uh your party evidently. | 显然 你在为你想要得派对生气 |
[29:23] | Why don’t you just uh– | 你为什么不干脆 呃– |
[29:25] | Uh yeah. Why don’t you just go out and I’ll catch a train back. | 呃 对 你为什么不干脆自己去 我可以搭火车回去 |
[29:29] | No Miles! | 不 Miles! |
[29:31] | Man this is our week to get crazy. | 伙计 这周我们要疯狂 |
[29:33] | We should both be cutting loose. | 我们两个都要放纵一下 |
[29:35] | This could be our last chance.This is our week man. | 这是我们最后的机会了这是我们的一星期 伙计 |
[29:40] | It’s something we should share. | 我们必须分享 |
[30:16] | [ Man ]This is our Syrah. | 这是我们的席拉(Syrah)酒 |
[30:18] | Okay. | 好 |
[30:22] | – Ooh!- Yeah? Like that? | -喔!-好吧?喜欢么? |
[30:24] | That’s a big one. | 这个味很重 |
[30:35] | [ Woman ] But it did sit with the skins forabout two weeks in an open-topped tank. | 这酒要连葡萄皮一起在一个开口的酒桶中放两个星期 |
[30:38] | – So that would explain all the tannins no?- Well it is a young wine. | -难怪有单宁酸味儿 对不?-是啊 这酒还很新 |
[30:42] | – So as the wine ages the tannins will dissipate.- Right. Of course. | -就是说当酒越放越陈 单宁酸就会挥散掉-对 当然 |
[30:45] | – Excuse me for just a minute.- Good stuff. | -抱歉等我一下-真是好东西 |
[30:49] | Mmm. Fill up there bub. | 呒 倒满 小家伙 |
[31:16] | [ Woman ]This is our estate chardonnay. | 这是我们园子的夏多利(chardonnay)酒 |
[31:19] | Now there’s a girl who knows how to pour.What’s your name? | 哇 这个女孩才懂得怎么倒酒你叫什么? |
[31:22] | Stephanie. Stephanie. | |
[31:24] | Stephanie. Nice. | Stephanie. 好听. |
[31:28] | So what do you think? | 你觉得怎么样? |
[31:30] | Mmm. Quaffable. | 呒 可以一饮而尽 |
[31:32] | But uh far from transcendent. | 不过离卓越还差很多 |
[31:34] | I like it. Tastes great. | 我喜欢味道很好 |
[31:36] | Oak-y. | 行了 |
[31:38] | This is a cabernet franc. | 这个是品丽珠红葡萄酒(cabernet franc) |
[31:40] | This is only the fifth yearwe’ve made this varietal. | 我们生产这种单品葡萄酒才第五年 |
[31:43] | Very few wineries around heredo a straight cab franc. | 周围很少有酒园子做纯的cab franc酒 |
[31:46] | It’s from our vineyardsup in Santa Maria… | 这是产自我们在圣玛丽的葡萄园… |
[31:48] | and it was a silver medal winner… | 得过一次银质奖… |
[31:51] | at Paso Robles last year. | 去年得了Paso Robles奖 |
[31:53] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[31:55] | Mmm. | 呒 |
[31:57] | Well I will tell you something. | 那么 我想说的是 |
[31:59] | I’ve come never to expect greatness froma cab franc and this one is no different. | 我从来就没觉得cab franc酒有什么妙处 这次也不例外 |
[32:03] | It’s kind of a hollow flabby overripe– | 有一种空洞的 松弛的 熟过头的感觉– |
[32:06] | I don’t know.Tastes pretty good to me. | 我不知道对我来说味道不错 |
[32:08] | So um do you live around here Stephanie? | 那 呃 你住这附近么 Stephanie? |
[32:11] | Yeah up around Los Alamos.And I agree with you about cab franc. | 对 就在Los Alamos附近我同意你对cab franc酒的评价 |
[32:14] | We’re just over in Buellton. | 我们刚去过Buellton酒园 |
[32:17] | The Windmill Inn. | 风车旅馆 |
[32:19] | – Oh yeah?- Mmm. | -哦 是么?-嗯 |
[32:21] | Do you happen to know a gal named Mayathat works at The Hitching Post? | 你有没有碰巧认识一个叫Maya的女孩 她在The Hitching Post酒吧工作? |
[32:24] | – Yeah. Sure. I know Maya. I know her real well.- Yeah? No shit? | -当然 我认识Maya 我和她很要好-真的?没骗人? |
[32:27] | We had a drink with her last night.Miles knows her. | 我们昨天晚上和她一起喝酒了Miles认识她 |
[32:30] | Yes. Could we move onto the Syrah please? | 对我们能不能继续尝席拉酒? |
[32:32] | Oh. Champing at the bit huh? | 哦等不及了 嗯? |
[32:34] | Sure. | 当然 |
[32:37] | This is our estate Syrah. | 这个是我们园子的席拉酒 |
[32:42] | You are a bad bad girl Stephanie. | 你真是个坏坏的女孩 Stephanie |
[32:46] | I know. I need to be spanked. | 我知道 我应该被打屁屁 |
[32:50] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[32:54] | The Syrah? | 席拉? |
[33:05] | Hey. Hey. Get the trunk. | 嘿 嘿 打开车后箱 |
[33:08] | – You have the keys.- I do? | -你掏钥匙-我有钥匙么? |
[33:10] | – Yeah.- In my pocket. | -对-在我口袋里 |
[33:12] | – So we’re on.- What? | -这么说 我们成了-什么 |
[33:14] | Yeah. She called Maya who’s not workingtonight. So we’re all going out. | 对呀她去叫Maya 她今晚不工作我们一起出去 |
[33:18] | – Wi– With Maya?- Yeah. | -和 和Maya?-对 |
[33:20] | She’s been divorced a year now buddy. | 她离婚已经一年了 伙计 |
[33:23] | This chick Stephanie? | 那个叫Stephanie得女孩? |
[33:25] | She’s got it all goin’ on. | 她什么都安排好了 |
[33:28] | Well she is cute yeah. | 嗯 她很可爱 对 |
[33:30] | Cute? She’s a fuckin’ hottie. | 可爱?她是他妈的辣妹 |
[33:32] | And you almost tell her that I’m gettin’ married?What’s the matter with you? | 你差点就告诉她我要结婚了?你怎么了你? |
[33:48] | – Nice huh?- It’s beautiful. | -很漂亮 噢?-非常美 |
[33:50] | Yeah. Victoria and Iused to like this view. | 对Victoria和我原来很喜欢这里 |
[33:54] | You know once we had a picnic here… | 你知道 有一次我们在这里野餐… |
[33:56] | and we drank a ’95 Opus One. | 我们喝了一瓶95年的Opus One. |
[33:58] | With smoked salmon and artichokes.But we didn’t care. | 就着烟熏三文鱼和蓟菜不过我们不在乎 |
[34:02] | Oh man she has the best palateof any woman I have ever known. | 噢 天哪 她是我认识的味觉最好的女人 |
[34:07] | She can even differentiateall different kinds of Italian wines. | 她可以分辨出所有不同种类的意大利葡萄酒 |
[34:12] | – Miles there’s something I gotta tell you.- [ Sighs ] | Miles 有些事我必须告诉你 |
[34:16] | Victoria’s coming to the wedding. | Victoria也要来参加婚礼 |
[34:18] | Yeah I know. You told me.I’m all right with it. | 对 我知道你告诉过我的我不介意 |
[34:21] | Yeah but that’s not the whole story. | 是的 不过我没全告诉你 |
[34:25] | She got remarried. | 她已经再婚了 |
[34:27] | She what? | 她什么? |
[34:31] | When? | 什么时候? |
[34:33] | About a month ago. | 大概一个月以前 |
[34:35] | Maybe six weeks. | 可能6个星期 |
[34:37] | To that guy–that guy with the restaurant? | 嫁给那个家伙–那个开餐馆的家伙? |
[34:50] | Miles? Miles? | |
[34:52] | Miles. Miles. | |
[34:56] | I’d like to go home now. | 我想回家了 |
[34:58] | Miles get out of the car. | Miles 从车里下来 |
[35:00] | Would you drive meback to the motel please? | 请开车送我会旅馆 |
[35:03] | [ Sighs ]You know– | 你知道– |
[35:05] | She bringing him to the wedding? | 她要带他来参加婚礼? |
[35:07] | What do you think? | 你觉得怎么样? |
[35:10] | Why didn’t you tell meabout this before Jack? | 你为什么不早点告诉我 Jack? |
[35:13] | Because I knew you’d get so freaked outthat you wouldn’t even come on this trip. | 因为我知道你肯定要发疯了那我们就不能一起来者趟旅行了 |
[35:17] | But then I thought this is the perfect place to tell you. | 然后我想 这可能是我告诉你这件事最好的地方 |
[35:20] | We’re here to forget about all that shit.We’re here to party man. | 我们来这里就是为了忘掉那些狗屎事我们来这里就是为了派对的 伙计 |
[35:24] | I’m gonna be a fucking pariah. | 我是个可怜虫 |
[35:26] | Persona non grata. | 不受欢迎的人 |
[35:28] | Everybody’s gonna be holding their breath waiting to see if I get drunk and make a scene. | 每个人都会屏住呼吸 等着看我喝多了出洋相 |
[35:32] | No no. No. Look. | 不 不 不 你看 |
[35:35] | I talked to Victoria. Okay? | 我和Victoria谈过了 好么? |
[35:36] | I talked to Victoria. Okay? | 我和Victoria谈过了 好么? |
[35:37] | She’s cool. Everybody’s cool. | 她很好每个人都很好 |
[35:39] | I’m sorry. You’ve been talking– | 对不起 你已经和她谈过了– |
[35:43] | Behind my back… | 背着我… |
[35:45] | you’ve been talking about it? | 你们谈论? |
[35:49] | What are you doing? | 你干什么? |
[35:51] | Come back here. | 回来 |
[35:53] | Miles! Miles! | |
[35:57] | – Come here. Give me that bottle.- Back off Jack. | -回来把酒瓶给我-退后 Jack. |
[36:00] | – Come on— Back off man! | -好了—退后 笨蛋! |
[36:03] | – Give me that bottle.- No. | -把酒瓶给我-不 |
[36:07] | Miles. Miles. | |
[36:10] | Miles! Miles! | |
[37:18] | [ TV:Announcer ] A lot of peopleout there think they can make it. | [TV: 很多人认为他们能成功] |
[37:22] | What better thing in life is to chase thedream and not be afraid of going after it? | [生活中还有什么比敢于追求梦想更好的?] |
[37:26] | James Lepp next to play.Chance for a birdie and a five-shot lead. | [James Lepp 接下来上演] |
[37:31] | I’m gonna go for a swim get the blood flowing. You wanna come? | 我要去游泳 让血液流通你来么? |
[37:36] | No. I wanna watch this. | 不 我想看电视 |
[37:38] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[37:41] | Should start this ball one or two inchesoutside the left edge. | [应该把球放在左边一两英寸外] |
[37:48] | [ Spectator Whispers ]Go in. | [进去] |
[37:50] | [ Crowd Groans ] | [观众欢呼] |
[37:51] | – [ Announcer] Great putt.- [ Analyst ] Absolutely. Great speed. | -[漂亮的一击]-[绝对漂亮 速度很好] |
[37:58] | Miles. – [Jack ] Miles.- [ Spraying Continues ] | |
[38:02] | Miles. Miles. | |
[38:04] | Oh Miles. Time to get up. | 哦 Miles 该起床了 |
[38:12] | This fuckin’ chick in theJacuzzi– | 靠 那个女孩在Jacuzzi– |
[38:14] | Oh dude! | 哦 好家伙! |
[38:16] | This place is wide open.I’m goin’ fuckin’ nuts up here man. | 那个地方很宽敞 我就打算在那儿干 伙计 |
[38:20] | – Hey what should I wear?- I don’t know. | -嘿 我应该穿什么?-我不知道 |
[38:23] | Something casual but nice.They think you’re a writer. | 休闲一些的 不过要好看她们觉得你是个作家 |
[38:26] | [ Mutters ]Right. Okay. | 好的 好的 |
[38:28] | Mmm. | 呒 |
[38:33] | Do you have any other shoes? | 你还有没有别的鞋了? |
[38:35] | Uh-uh. | 呃-呃 |
[38:37] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[38:46] | – [ Exhales ]- Hey honey. | 嗨 亲爱的 |
[38:48] | Yeah I was just calling to check in. | 噢 我就是打电话问问你怎么样了 |
[38:50] | Miles and I are getting readyto go to dinner. | 我和Miles要准备出去吃晚饭了 |
[38:53] | Probably stay out late so I just thoughtI’d call and say good night now. | 可能要在外面待很晚 所以我想现在打电话给你说晚安 |
[38:57] | Yeah. I miss you too. | 是的 我也想你 |
[39:00] | Yeah. I love you too. | 是的 我也爱你 |
[39:04] | Just try to be your normal humorous self. Okay? | 尽量像你正常时候一样 幽默一点 好么? |
[39:07] | The guy you were before the tailspin.Do you remember that guy? | 像你感情崩溃前那样你还记得那个时候的你么? |
[39:10] | People love that guy. | 大家都喜欢那个时候的你 |
[39:12] | And don’t forget–your novel is coming out in the fall. | 而且别忘了–你的小说秋天就要面市了 |
[39:15] | Oh. Really? How exciting.What’s it called? | 哦 真的么?多么让人激动啊叫什么名字? |
[39:18] | Come here Miles. Come here. | 过来 Miles 过来 |
[39:24] | Do not sabotage me. | 不要破坏我的事 |
[39:26] | If you wanna be a fuckin’ lightweight then that’s your call. | 如果你想当他妈的烂人 你就自己当烂人 |
[39:29] | – But do not sabotage me.- Oh aye aye cap’n. You got it. | -但是不要破坏我-哦 是 是 船长我保证 |
[39:32] | And if they wanna drink merlot we’re drinkin’ merlot. | 如果她们想喝merlot酒 我们就喝merlot酒 |
[39:35] | If anybody orders merlot I’m leaving.I am not drinking any fucking merlot! | 如果谁要是点了merlot酒 我马上走人我才不喝他妈的merlot呢! |
[39:39] | Okay okay. Relax Miles. | 好了 好了 放松 Miles. |
[39:41] | Jesus. No merlot. | 上帝啊 不要merlot酒 |
[39:43] | Did you bring your Xanax? | 你有没有带你的抗抑郁药? |
[39:47] | – [ Pills Rattle ]- All right. | 好的 |
[39:49] | Come here. | 过来 |
[39:51] | Do not drink too much.Do you hear me? | 别喝太多听见没? |
[39:54] | I don’t want you passing outor going to the dark side. | 我可不想你醉倒 或撒酒疯 |
[39:57] | – No going to the dark side!- Okay! | -不撒酒疯!-好的 |
[40:04] | Hi.Just looking for some friends. | 嗨我们找朋友 |
[40:18] | Good evening ladies.How are you? | 晚上好 女士们你们好么? |
[40:20] | – Hi Miles.- [ Stephanie ] Good. How are you? | -嗨 Miles.-很好 你呢? |
[40:22] | Hello Maya.[ Sighs ] | Hello Maya.你好 Maya. |
[40:26] | – You look gorgeous. You both do.- [ Maya ] Thank you. | -你看上去美极了你们俩都是-谢谢 |
[40:29] | – You’re not so bad yourself.- Thanks. Thanks. | -你自己也不错-谢谢 谢谢 |
[40:31] | [Jack ]So what’s good here? | 那 这有什么好酒? |
[40:33] | – What is this you’re drinking?- Oh this is the Fiddlehead sauvignon blanc. | -你们喝的是什么?-哦 这个是长相思(sauvignon blanc) |
[40:37] | – Ah I see. Is it good?- Try it. | -啊 知道了好喝么?-你试试 |
[40:40] | – What time did you close up at Ka– Is it— Kalyra. | -你们酒吧几点关 叫什么来着?- Kalyra. |
[40:43] | – Kalyra.- I actually got out of there pretty good around 5:30 6:00. | – Kalyra.-其实我很顺利就出来了 大概5:30 6点的样子 |
[40:47] | – Still had some stuff to do.- Miles and I we were– | -还有点事情要做-Miles和我 我俩– |
[40:50] | – That’s nice.- It’s aged 1 2 months in oak. | -很好-这是在橡木中放了12个月的 |
[40:52] | – French oak.- Sauvignon blanc? | -法国橡木-长相思酒? |
[40:54] | Huh. Interesting. It’s good. | 嗯 有趣很好 |
[40:56] | I know the winemaker.She comes into the restaurant all the time. | 我认识这个造酒商她经常去我们餐厅 |
[41:00] | – What do you have to do to close up?- I close up the register. | -你关门前都要干什么?-我要关闭登记处 |
[41:03] | Clean up put some stuff away.Then put the glasses out for the next day. | 打扫一下 把一些东西放好再把第二天的酒杯准备好 |
[41:07] | – Right.-Just… small stuff. | -对-就是些…小事 |
[41:09] | Uh hints of clove. | 有一点点丁香味 |
[41:11] | – Right?- Yes! I know. I love that. | -对么?-是的 我知道 我很喜欢 |
[41:13] | Yeah. Mmm. | 对呒 |
[41:16] | Sorry. It’s good. | 对不起很好 |
[41:18] | – No no. We’ll get you a glass.- Ah! Now we’re thinking. | -没关系我们再给你要一杯-啊 我们要开喝了 |
[41:20] | Good. [ Chuckles ] Okay. | 好 |
[41:22] | [ Stephanie ]Oh that’s– that– | 哦 那个–那个– |
[41:24] | Oh he can say it and it’s not disgusting? | 哦 他可以说出来呀 不是很恶心. |
[41:27] | I didn’t hear him say that. | 我没听见他说 |
[41:29] | – Whenever I say something he said— [ Laughs ] Very good. | -每次我重复他说的话—非常好 |
[41:33] | No actually– No. That one.N-Not this one– | 不 事实上 是那个不是这个– |
[41:38] | [Jack ]I’m having that too. | 我也有那个 |
[41:41] | – Right?- Oh yes. | -什么?-哦 是的 |
[41:43] | That’s what I’m saying. | 那是我要说的 |
[41:45] | For our soup we have corn chowder… | 汤我们有玉米杂烩… |
[41:47] | and for our entrees we have medallionsof pork dusted with black truffles… | 主菜我们有大猪排浇太妃糖… |
[41:51] | served with a root vegetable foulonand wasabi whipped potatoes. | 配菜有菜根和芥末土豆 |
[41:54] | And finally– | 最后– |
[41:56] | – [ Maya ] I have to explain my credentials.- [ Stephanie ] Yes.! | -我不得不解释我的证件-对! |
[41:59] | Miles what does this remind you of?. | Miles 这个让你想起什么? |
[42:01] | “Red wine. Red wine.” | “红酒 红酒” |
[42:04] | [Jack ]He was brought up on a lot of charges. | 他是在一大堆指责中长大的 |
[42:09] | – Yeah?- I mean with the yellow light. | -是么?-我的意思是警告 |
[42:12] | Right. | 对 |
[42:14] | After all tonightwe are celebrating Miles’s book deal. | 总之 今晚我们要庆祝Miles的新书 |
[42:17] | – Published author.- Oh! Wow! | -出版作家-哦 哇! |
[42:19] | Wow Miles.! | 哇呜 Miles! |
[42:20] | – Ohh.!- [ Maya ] Well in that case– | -哦!-那么 那样的话– |
[42:32] | And then they think you have no idea.You have no control over it. | 然后他们就以为你没有任何想法 无法控制局面 |
[42:40] | [ Miles ]Ancient way of treating the grape. | 古老的处理葡萄的方式 |
[42:42] | Now it’s a modern wayof treating the grape. | 现在这种是现代的处理葡萄的方式 |
[42:46] | It’s a traditional way of dealing with wine.It’s a controversial way. | 那时传统的酿酒方式 一种有争议的方式 |
[42:50] | [ Stephanie ]So everyone’s going back to that. | 然后大家都回去了 |
[43:03] | It’s just that there’sa certain constant lapping. | 只是总有些重叠的地方 |
[43:06] | – It’s not a– It’s a fishing lake.- Mm-hmm. | -那个不是–那是个钓鱼的湖-嗯哼 |
[43:09] | Your lips look soft. | 你的嘴唇很柔软 |
[43:13] | – The whole area is— Oh no. You mean like what it was used for? | -总的来说—哦 不你的意思是 好比 这个是干什么用的? |
[43:16] | – What do they call the— [ Phone:Line Continues Ringing ] | -他们为什么要打电话– |
[43:24] | Malibu– It’s Malibu Canyon. | 马里布–是马里布峡谷 |
[43:30] | I don’t know what the hellI’m trying to say. | 我也不知道我到底想说什么 |
[44:05] | – [ Line Picks Up ]- [ Woman ] Hello? | 喂? |
[44:07] | Victoria? Victoria? | |
[44:11] | Miles? Miles? | |
[44:13] | Well well well well well.Victoria. How the hell are ya? | 好 好 好 好Victoria 你怎么样啊? |
[44:18] | What– Uh– What’s on your mind? | 什么–呃–你想干什么? |
[44:21] | Oh nothin’. I–[ Chuckles ] | 哦 没什么我– |
[44:23] | Just heard that you got remarried. | 刚听说你又结婚了 |
[44:25] | Congratulations. I uh– | 恭喜啊我 呃– |
[44:27] | Boy I didn’t think you had the stomachfor another go-around. | 哦 我可没想到你还有胃口再来一遍 |
[44:30] | Oh Miles you’re drunk. | 哦 Miles 你喝醉了 |
[44:32] | Oh just a little local pinot you know. | 噢 就一点本地的皮诺 你知道的 |
[44:35] | A little burgundy. That old Cotes de Beaune.[ Laughs Clears Throat ] | 一点勃艮第(burgundy) 那种老的法国伯尔尼红酒(Cotes de Beaune) |
[44:39] | – Where are you?- Uh a little place in Los Olivos. | -你在哪里?-呃 一个Los Olivos的小地方 |
[44:43] | New owners. Cozy ambience uh– | 店主是新的 环境很温馨 呃– |
[44:46] | Excellent food too.You should uh– You should try it. | 吃的东西也非常好你应该 呃–你应该试试 |
[44:49] | I thought of you at the uh Hitching Post last night. | 我想起了你 呃昨天晚上在Hitching Post的时候 |
[44:55] | Hello? | 喂? |
[44:57] | – Miles don’t call me when you’re drunk.- No it’s– | -Miles 不要在喝醉的时候给我打电话-没有 只是– |
[45:00] | All right I just–I wanted to let you know… | 好吧 我只是–想让你知道… |
[45:03] | that I have decidednot to come to the wedding… | 我已经决定不去参加婚礼了… |
[45:07] | so just in case you were dreading some sort of you know run-in or something like that… | 所以 如果你原来担心会发生什么像吵架这种事 |
[45:12] | well you worry no more… | 那你现在不用再担心了… |
[45:14] | because I’m not gonna be there. | 因为我不会去那儿的 |
[45:16] | It’s my little wedding giftto you and what’s-his-name. | 这是个小小的结婚礼物 送给你和–他叫什么来着 |
[45:20] | What is his name? | 他叫什么? |
[45:24] | Ken. Ken. | |
[45:26] | Ken! Right. | Ken!太好了 |
[45:28] | Ken. Ken. | |
[45:30] | I’m gonna hang up now Miles. | 我要挂了 Miles. |
[45:32] | No– You know it’s just–I-I-I heard about this… | 不–你知道 只不过–我刚听说这件事… |
[45:35] | for the first time uh today. | 今天第一次听说 |
[45:38] | Uh your getting remarried that is. | 呃 你又结婚了就是这样 |
[45:40] | And uh I was kind of taken aback. | 呃 我就是有点吓到了 |
[45:44] | Just… hard to believe. | 真是…难以置信 |
[45:50] | I guess I thought maybethere was still a chance… | 我原来还以为可能还有一点点希望… |
[45:53] | for us somewhere down the road. | 没准儿什么时候我们俩 |
[45:55] | And I just uh–[ Sighs ] | 我就是 呃– |
[45:58] | – Miles.- Huh? | – Miles.- 嗯? |
[46:00] | Maybe it is betterif you don’t come to the wedding. | 也许你不去婚礼更好一些 |
[46:06] | All righty Vicki. Whatever you say. | 没问题 Vicki 你怎么说都行 |
[46:09] | You’re the boss. | 我听你的 |
[46:21] | Huh? I don’t know. | 嗯? 我不知道 |
[46:24] | [ Laughs ]Welcome back. | 欢迎回来 |
[46:26] | Take it easy. | 放松点 |
[46:30] | – Are you okay Miles?- Yes. I’m fine. | -你还好吧 Miles?-是的 我很好 |
[46:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[46:39] | – Excuse us gentlemen.- Excuse us. | -失陪一下 先生们-失陪一下 |
[46:41] | [Jack ]Sure. | 没关系 |
[46:43] | – Mmm.- All right. | -呒-好的 |
[46:46] | Yeah. Don’t take too long. | 好 别太久了 |
[46:48] | – All right.- Okay. Bye girls. [ Chuckles ] | -好的-好再见 |
[46:52] | What the fuck?What is up with you? | 他妈的怎么搞得?你怎么回事? |
[46:54] | – You remember our little talk outside?- Yeah– | -你还记得我们再外面谈过的吧?-对– |
[46:56] | – Get your shit together Miles.- I’m fine. I’m fine. | -你他妈的打起精神来 Miles.-我没事 我没事 |
[46:59] | Where were you? | 你刚才去哪里了? |
[47:01] | Bathroom. | 厕所 |
[47:04] | Did you drink and dial? | 你是不是有喝醉了去打电话? |
[47:06] | Hmm? | 嗯? |
[47:08] | – No.- Why do you always have to do this? | -没有-你为什么老这么干? |
[47:10] | Victoria is gone. Gone. | Victoria已经飞了 飞了 |
[47:13] | Poof!. In the wind. | 噗 消失在风里了 |
[47:15] | I mean you are blowing a greatopportunity here with Maya. | 我的意思是 你正在毁掉一个和Maya在一起的好机会 |
[47:19] | Maya– Fuckin’ Maya– She’s great! | Maya–靠 Maya–她很棒! |
[47:21] | She’s cool she’s funny she knows wine. | 她很好 风趣 又懂葡萄酒 |
[47:24] | What is this morose come-down bullshit? | 什么消沉郁闷的狗屎东西? |
[47:26] | These girls wanna party with us. | 这些女孩要和我们派对 |
[47:29] | Huh? | 嗯? |
[47:31] | And what was that 1 0-minute lectureon what Vouvrays? | 还有你刚才滔滔不绝10分钟讲什么?沃莱白葡萄酒? |
[47:34] | Are you kidding me?Who gives a fuck? | 你不是开玩笑吧?谁理你那个茬? |
[47:37] | Let’s just say that I’m uncomfortablewith the whole scenario. | 这么说吧 我对当前的整个情况很不爽 |
[47:40] | Have you forgotten all the bad timesyou had with Victoria… | 难道你忘了和Victoira一起的那些不愉快了么? |
[47:43] | how small she could make you feel? | 她让你觉得你很渺小? |
[47:46] | Isn’t that why you had the affairwith Brenda in the first place? | 这难道不就是你先和Brenda搞婚外恋的原因么? |
[47:49] | Shut up. Shut your face. Shut up. | 闭嘴收起你的臭脸闭嘴 |
[47:51] | Have you even noticedhow Maya’s looking at you? | 你难道就没有注意Maya看着你的样子么? |
[47:53] | Now come on man.You’ve got her on the hook. | 好了 伙计你已经让她上钩了 |
[47:56] | Reel her in.Let’s ratchet this up a notch. | 把她钓起来钓的高一点 |
[47:58] | Here. Drink some agua fria. | 来 喝点agua fria. |
[48:04] | – [ Mouths Words ]- Hey! | 嗨! |
[48:07] | – Hey!- Mmm. | -嗨!-呒 |
[48:09] | Ah. Well so uh shall we get some dessert? | 啊 那 呃 我们要不要点甜点? |
[48:13] | Uh well we were thinking um uh why don’t we go back to my place? | 呃 我们想 呃我们都去我家怎么样? |
[48:17] | I’ve got wine some insane cheeses music whatever. | 我有葡萄酒 奶酪 音乐 什么都有 |
[48:20] | [ Laughs ]Yeah! | 好呀! |
[48:24] | – [ Stephanie Maya Laughing ]- Waiter! | -侍者! |
[48:42] | Come here. | 过来 |
[48:44] | Uh-huh. | 呃 |
[48:46] | – One for you three for me.- Mmm. | -给你一个 我三个-呒 |
[48:49] | You sure you wanna do this? | 你确定你想这样么? |
[48:58] | – We’re here!- [ Stephanie ] Hey.! | -我们来了!-嗨! |
[49:00] | – Hey!- Where were you guys? | -嗨!-你们去哪儿了? |
[49:02] | Oh we took a couple of wrong turns thanks to Magellan here. | 噢 我们拐错了几个弯 多亏了还有麦哲伦 |
[49:06] | – [ Whispers ] Hi.- Hi. | -嗨!-嗨! |
[49:09] | – Oh Miles.- Yeah? | -噢 Miles.-什么? |
[49:11] | – Maya’s in the back just past the kitchen.- Okay. | -Maya在后面 过了厨房就是-好的 |
[49:14] | – [Jack Chuckles ]- Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[49:25] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[49:27] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[49:29] | – Oh has she got anything good?- Oh yeah. | -哦 她有什么好酒么?-噢 是的 |
[49:32] | Steph’s way into pinots and Syrahs. | Stephanie对皮诺酒和席拉酒很着迷 |
[49:35] | – Hey Steph!- Yeah? | -嗨 Stephanie?-怎么了? |
[49:37] | – Can we really open anything we want?- Yeah yeah. Anything. | -我们是不是想开哪瓶就开哪瓶?-对对 随便 |
[49:40] | Uh except the Richebourg. | 噢 除了那瓶Richebourg |
[49:43] | Richebourg? She has a Richebourg?Holy mackerel. | Richebourg?她居然有Richebourg?Holy mackerel. |
[49:46] | I’ve completelyunderestimated Stephanie. | 我真是低估了Stephanie了 |
[49:48] | Oh good Lord. Um look at that. | 噢 上帝 看这个 |
[49:54] | I think… this guy’s more our speed. | 我想…这个酒更适合我们的口味 |
[49:58] | Andrew Murray. Andrew Murray. | |
[50:00] | Well okay. All right. | 好的 |
[50:05] | So what gems do you havein your collection? | 那 你的收藏中有什么宝贝? |
[50:08] | Oh it’s really not muchof a collection you know. | 噢 其实都算不上什么收藏 |
[50:11] | I mean more like a small gatheringin a cabinet. | 我的意思是更像是放在柜子里的一点东西 |
[50:14] | – [ Laughs ]- No I’ve never really had the wallet for that. | 我从来没钱买那些 |
[50:17] | I just have to live bottle to bottle. | 我就是忍不住要一瓶一瓶的喝 |
[50:20] | I’ve got things I’m saving definitely. | 不过我还是省了些下来 当然了 |
[50:22] | I guess the star would bea 1961 Cheval Blanc. | 我想起中的明星就是那瓶1961年的Cheval Blanc |
[50:27] | You’ve got a ’61 Cheval Blanc and it’s just sitting there? | 你有一瓶61年的Cheval Blanc 却放在那里不动? |
[50:30] | – Yes I do.- Go get it. | -是的 是的-快去拿 |
[50:32] | – [ Laughing ] Okay.- I’m serious! Hurry! | -好了-我是认真的!快去! |
[50:34] | All right. I would I would. | 好的 我会去拿的 |
[50:36] | The ’61 s are peaking right now aren’t they?That’s what I’ve read. | 61年的酒现在正是最好的时候 是吧?我从书上看的 |
[50:39] | No that’s right yeah. | 不 对 是的 |
[50:41] | It might be too late already.What are you waiting for? | 可能都已经有点晚了你还在等什么? |
[50:44] | Oh I don’t know.A special occasion with the right person. | 噢 我不知道一个特别的场合和最合适的人 |
[50:48] | – It was supposed to be formy 1 0th wedding anniversary but— Mmm. | -本来是准备在结婚10周年的时候 但是—呒 |
[50:52] | You know the day you opena ‘6 1 Cheval Blanc… | 你知道 当你打开61年的Cheval Blanc的时候 |
[50:56] | that’s the special occasion. | 那就是那个特别的时候 |
[51:01] | So uh how longhave you been into wine? | 嗯 你对葡萄酒感兴趣有多长时间了? |
[51:04] | I got serious about seven years ago. | 从我认真开始算起有7年了 |
[51:07] | – And what was the bottle that did it?- ’88 Sassicaia. | -是哪瓶酒让你开始的?-88年的Sassicaia |
[51:11] | – Ah.! Well congratulations.- Mmm. | -啊很好恭喜-呒 |
[51:13] | – Yeah.- That’s very good. | -是啊-非常好 |
[51:15] | – Well— That would do it. Yeah. | -很好—真能让你着迷是的 |
[51:17] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[51:19] | Mmm. | 呒 |
[51:24] | Oh wow that’s nice.That’s very good. | 哦 哇 真好真是非常好 |
[51:26] | We need to give it a minute but that’s really tasty. | 我们应该多品一会儿 不过实在是味道太好了 |
[51:29] | How about you? | 你觉得呢? |
[51:34] | I think they overdid it a little. | 我觉得他们做的有点儿过了 |
[51:36] | Too much alcohol.It overwhelms the fruit. | 太多酒精味儿 把葡萄的味儿都盖住了 |
[51:39] | Huh. | 唔 |
[51:45] | Yeah. Yeah. | 是的 是的 |
[51:47] | I’d say you’re right on the money. | 我得说你对钱的态度是对的 |
[51:49] | Very good. [ Chuckles ] Nice. | 非常好很好 |
[51:52] | – Thank you.- Mmm. | -谢谢-呒 |
[51:55] | Mmm! Is that Stephanie’s kid? | 呒那是Stephanie的孩子么? |
[51:58] | Oh. Yeah. That’s Siena. | 哦 是的那是Siena. |
[52:00] | – Oh she’s a sweetie.- Cute. Cute. | -哦 她是个小甜心-很可爱 很可爱 |
[52:03] | Where is she? | 她现在在哪里? |
[52:05] | – She’s at her grandmother’s.- Oh. | -在她祖母家-哦 |
[52:07] | Steph’s mom.She spends a lot of time over there. | 在Stephanie的妈妈那里她经常待在那里 |
[52:09] | You got kids? | 你有孩子么? |
[52:11] | Uh me? No. No. | 哦 我?没有 没有 |
[52:13] | – No I’d just fuck ’em up.- [ Laughs ] | 没有 我会把他们都带坏的 |
[52:17] | No that was the one unpolluted partof my divorce– no kids. | 没有 这是我的离婚中没有被污染的部分–没有孩子 |
[52:21] | Yeah. Same here. | 对我也是 |
[52:23] | Good. | 很好 |
[52:25] | Let’s go in there. | 我们出去吧 |
[52:29] | [Jack ] Now for a low low4.8% A.P.R. financing– | 现在 以很低很低的4.8%的年利率– |
[52:45] | Looks like our friendsare really hitting it off. | 看起来我们的朋友们谈的很投机 |
[52:48] | – Yeah I would say that.- [ Laughs ] | 对 我也这么觉得 |
[52:50] | – Yeah.- [ Sighs ] | 是的 |
[52:53] | – [ Clears Throat ]- So what’s your novel about? | 那 你的小说是关于什么的? |
[52:56] | What’s my– Oh brother. | 是我的–哦 兄弟 |
[52:58] | Well it’s uh–it’s difficult to summarize. | 嗯 这个 呃——这很难总结 |
[53:01] | Um… | 呒… |
[53:03] | it starts out as a kind offirst-person narrative… | 开始是一种第一人称叙述… |
[53:06] | about a guy taking careof his father after a stroke. | 一个男人照顾他中风后的父亲 |
[53:10] | – Oh.- It’s kind of based on uh personal experience. | -哦-这个有点根据我的个人经历 |
[53:13] | But only– only loosely. | 不过只是–只是大体上 |
[53:15] | What’s the title? | 小说名字叫什么? |
[53:17] | The Day After Yesterday. | 昨天的明天 |
[53:19] | Oh. You mean today. | 哦 你是说今天 |
[53:24] | Um… uh yeah.I mean r-right. But it’s more– | 呃…呃 是的我是说 对不过没那么简单– |
[53:27] | So it’s about like death and mortality or– | 是不是关于 比如 死亡和永恒 或者– |
[53:31] | [ Sighs ]Uh yeah– | 哦 对– |
[53:34] | Y– Not really. | 对 不过也不全是 |
[53:36] | I uh– It de– It jumps around a lot. | 我 哦–用了很多跳跃式结构 |
[53:39] | That’s what it’s about in a way.You know what I mean? | 这是我想表达的 从某种意义上你懂我的意思么? |
[53:42] | You start to see everythingfrom the point of view of the father. | 你开始以父亲的眼光看周围的一切 |
[53:45] | And uh a lot of other things happen–parallel narratives. | 并且 呃 同时有很多其他事情发生了–并列叙述 |
[53:48] | [ Laughs ]It’s kind of a mess. | 有点乱 |
[53:50] | And then eventually the whole thing sort of evolves… | 然后 最终整个事情向前发展… |
[53:53] | or devolves… | 或者衰退… |
[53:55] | into this sort ofRobbe-Grillet mystery. | 最后成为一种Robbe-Grillet 式的迷. |
[53:58] | You know? | 你明白么? |
[54:00] | But no real resolution. | 但是没有真正的答案 |
[54:02] | – Wow.- [ Chuckles ] It– | -喔-这个– |
[54:04] | Well I think it’s really greatyou’re getting it published. | 嗯我觉得你能出版它真是太棒了 |
[54:07] | Really. I mean I know how hard it isjust to write it even. | 真的我是说 我知道仅仅把它写出来就很难了 |
[54:10] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[54:12] | I mean like me I’ve got this paperdue on Friday… | 我是说 像我 我的论文星期五就要交了… |
[54:16] | and I’m freaked out about it just like in high school. | 我紧张的一塌糊涂 像高中生一样 |
[54:19] | – A paper huh?- Yeah. | -论文 嗯?-对 |
[54:21] | I’m going for a master’s degreein horticulture. | 我正在读园艺学的硕士学位 |
[54:24] | Sorta chipping away on it. | 慢慢啃的 |
[54:26] | – Horticulture? Really?- Mmm. | -园艺学?真的?-唔 |
[54:29] | I didn’t even knowthat there was a college here. | 我都不知道这附近还有大学 |
[54:32] | Well I commute to San Luis Obispotwice a week. | 噢 我跑通勤到San Luis Obispo 两周一次 |
[54:36] | Horticulture? Wow. | 园艺学?喔 |
[54:38] | So do you want to workin a winery or something? | 那你是想在酿酒园还是什么地方工作? |
[54:42] | Maybe. | 可能吧 |
[54:45] | Oh. | 噢 |
[54:49] | Hmm. | 呒 |
[54:51] | So when can I read your book? | 那 我什么时候才能读你的书? |
[54:55] | Well I– You know I– Well I do happento have a manuscript in my car. | 嗯 我–你知道 我正好有手稿在车里 |
[55:02] | so it’s– it’s full of typos. | 所以会有很多书写错误 |
[55:04] | – If you don’t mind typos— Oh no. Who cares? | -如果你不介意书写错误—不介意 谁管呀? |
[55:07] | I’m the queen of typos. | 我可是错别字大王 |
[55:09] | Okay. | 好的 |
[55:41] | Mmm. | 呒 |
[55:43] | Ahh. | 啊 |
[55:47] | You know can I ask youa personal question Miles? | 能问你个私人问题么 Miles? |
[55:51] | Sure. | 当然 |
[55:53] | Why are you so into pinot? | 你为什么那么喜欢皮诺? |
[55:55] | – [ Laughing ]- I mean it’s like a thing with you. | 我的意思是 就好像你的一个特征一样 |
[56:00] | Uh… I don’t know. I don’t know. | 呃…我也不知道 我也不知道 |
[56:02] | Um… it’s a hard grape to grow. | 呃…只是一种很难种植的葡萄 |
[56:07] | As you know. Right? | 你应该知道 对吧? |
[56:09] | It’s uh– It’s thin-skinned… | 它 呃 它皮很薄… |
[56:11] | temperamental ripens early. | 喜怒无常 熟得很早 |
[56:15] | It’s– You know it’s not a survivor… | 它–你知道 它很难生存… |
[56:17] | like cabernet… | 不像卡博耐(cabernet)… |
[56:19] | which can just grow anywhere… | 可以在任何地方生长… |
[56:21] | and thrive even when it’s neglected. | 甚至没人管也能兴旺 |
[56:24] | No pinot needs constant careand attention. You know? | 不行 皮诺需要持久的关心和照料你知道? |
[56:28] | And in fact it can only grow… | 其实 它只能长在… |
[56:31] | in these really specific little tucked-away corners of the world. | 那些极特别的地方世界很少的几个角落 |
[56:37] | And– And only… | 只有–只有… |
[56:39] | the most patientand nurturing of growers… | 最耐心最精心的种植者 |
[56:44] | can do it really. | can do it really.才能种它 真的 |
[56:46] | Only somebodywho really takes the time… | 只有那些真正愿意花时间的人… |
[56:49] | to understand pinot’s potential… | 真正理解皮诺潜力的人… |
[56:53] | can then coax itinto its fullest expression. | 才能引导它进入全盛阶段 |
[56:56] | And then? I mean– | 然后呢?我是指– |
[57:00] | Oh its flavors they’re justthe most haunting and brilliant… | 哦 它的香味儿 是最持久最辉煌的… |
[57:03] | and thrilling and subtle and… | 最震撼最微妙的… |
[57:08] | ancient on the planet. | 最古老的 在整个星球上 |
[57:16] | No I mean you know cabernetscan be powerful and exalting too… | 我是说 你知道 卡博耐也能很强健很显耀… |
[57:19] | but they seem prosaic to me for some reason by comparison. | 但它们对我来说太平凡了 因为某种原因 相对而言 |
[57:22] | – [ Laughing ]- I don’t know. I don’t know. | 我不知道 我不知道 |
[57:25] | What about you? | 你觉得呢? |
[57:27] | What about me? | 我觉得什么? |
[57:29] | I don’t know.Why are you into wine? | 不知道你为什么对葡萄酒着迷? |
[57:34] | Oh I– I think I– | 噢 我–我想 我– |
[57:37] | – I originally got into wine through my ex-husband.- Ah. | -我最初对酒着迷是因为我的前夫-啊 |
[57:40] | You know he had this bigsort of show-off cellar. | 你知道 他有一个很大的值得炫耀的酒窖 |
[57:44] | – You know?- Right. | -明白么?-对 |
[57:46] | – But then I discovered thatI had a really sharp palate.- Mm-hmm. | -然后我发现我的味觉非常敏锐-嗯哼 |
[57:50] | And the more I drank… | 我喝的越多… |
[57:52] | the more I likedwhat it made me think about. | 我就越喜欢它使我产生的思想 |
[57:55] | Like what? | 比方说? |
[57:57] | Like what a fraud he was. | 比方说我意识到他是一个骗子 |
[57:59] | [ Laughs ]Wow. | 喔 |
[58:01] | No I mean I like to thinkabout the life of wine. | 不 我的意思是 我喜欢去思考酒的生命 |
[58:05] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[58:07] | How it’s a living thing. | 它是一种怎样一种有生命的东西 |
[58:11] | I like to think about… | 我喜欢思考… |
[58:13] | what was going on the yearthe grapes were growing… | 在葡萄成熟的一年里会发生什么… |
[58:16] | how the sun was shining… | 太阳是怎样照耀的… |
[58:19] | if it rained. | 在下雨的时候 |
[58:22] | I like to think about… | 我喜欢思考… |
[58:24] | all the people who tendedand picked the grapes… | 那些照顾和采摘葡萄的人们… |
[58:27] | and if it’s an old wine how many of them must be dead by now. | 如果是陈年的酒的话 有多少人现在已经不在人世了 |
[58:34] | I like how wine continues to evolve. | 我喜欢葡萄酒在不停的进化 |
[58:38] | Like if I opened a bottle of wine today… | 好比 如果我今天打开一瓶酒的话… |
[58:41] | it would taste different than ifI’d opened it on any other day. | 它的味道会不同与我在其他日子打开它 |
[58:45] | Because a bottle of wineis actually alive… | 因为一瓶酒其实是有生命的… |
[58:49] | and it’s constantly evolvingand gaining complexity. | 而且它不停的进化 不停的得到新的元素 |
[58:56] | That is until it peaks… | 这样 直到它的顶峰… |
[58:58] | like your ’61 . | 就像你那瓶61年的酒 |
[59:02] | And then it begins its steady… | 然后它开始了平稳的… |
[59:05] | inevitable decline. | 不可避免的衰退 |
[59:08] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[59:12] | And it tastes so fucking good. | 它的口味变的真他妈的好 |
[59:33] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[59:35] | But you know I– I uh– | 不过你知道 我–我 呃– |
[59:37] | I like other wines besides pinot too. | 我还喜欢皮诺以外的其他葡萄酒 |
[59:40] | I mean latelyI’ve been really into Rieslings. | 我是说 最近我开始非常喜欢雷斯林(Rieslings) |
[59:44] | You like Rieslings? Rieslings? | 你喜欢雷斯林?雷斯林? |
[59:46] | Mm-hmm. | 嗯哼 |
[59:50] | There’s a bathroom in the back? | 这后面有洗手间么? |
[59:52] | – Yeah. It’s through the kitchen.- I’ll be right back. | -有 穿过厨房就是-我马上回来 |
[1:00:08] | [ Exhales ]God you are such a fuckin’ loser. | 上帝 你他妈的衰人 |
[1:00:11] | You make me so fuckin’ sick. | 你真他妈让我恶心 |
[1:00:14] | [ Groaning ]Oh God. Ah come on. | 噢 上帝啊 来吧 |
[1:00:36] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[1:00:38] | – I was just getting some water.- Okay. | -我过来拿点水-嗯 |
[1:00:40] | – You want some water?- No. | -你要水么?-不 |
[1:00:42] | Okay. It’s getting kind of late. | 好了现在已经很晚了 |
[1:00:54] | I should really go. | 我真的得走了 |
[1:01:27] | So you know how to get to the Windmill?Two rights and a left. | 你知道去”风车”该怎么走吧?两个右转再一个左转 |
[1:01:30] | – Got it.- Okay. | -知道了-好的 |
[1:01:32] | I had a nice time tonight Miles.I really did. | 我晚上过的很愉快 Miles.真的 |
[1:01:34] | Good. So did I. | 好我也是 |
[1:01:38] | – Okay. Well I’ll see you around then.- Um– | -那好吧 再会了-呃– |
[1:01:44] | Did you still want to read my novel? | 你还想看我的小说么? |
[1:01:46] | Oh yeah. Of course. | 噢 是的 当然 |
[1:01:51] | [ Groans ] | [嘀咕] |
[1:01:54] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:01:58] | – Great.-Just a sec. | -太好了-等一下 |
[1:02:03] | – Here.- Oh wow. | -给-噢 喔 |
[1:02:06] | Well I hope you like it. | 我希望你喜欢 |
[1:02:08] | And feel free to stop reading it any time.I will not be offended. | 你什么时候看不下去了就别看了 我不会生气的 |
[1:02:13] | Okay. | 好 |
[1:02:15] | – Well good night Miles.- Good night. | -那 晚安 Miles.-晚安 |
[1:03:04] | Oh fuck. | 哦 靠 |
[1:03:14] | [ Groans ]Oh fuck. | 哦 靠 |
[1:03:38] | That fucking chick is unbelievable dude.Unbelievable! | 那个妞真他妈的难以置信 伙计难以置信! |
[1:03:43] | Whoo! Boy. | 喔! |
[1:03:45] | Ohh she is nasty Miles. | 哦 她可真下流 Miles. |
[1:03:48] | Nasty nasty nasty.! | 下流 下流 下流! |
[1:03:52] | – Well I’m glad you got it out of your system.- Yeah baby. | -嗯 我很高兴你终于发泄了-是啊 哥们 |
[1:03:56] | Congratulations.Mission accomplished. | 恭喜你任务完成了 |
[1:04:02] | Oh hi Miles! | 哦 嗨 Miles! |
[1:04:04] | Hi. | 嗨! |
[1:04:07] | – [ Toilet Flushing ]- Hey you didn’t invite Stephanieto come with us did you? | 嘿 你不会请了Stephanie和我们一起去吧? |
[1:04:10] | Oh listen man. Change of plans.Stephanie’s off today | 哦 听着 伙计 计划有变了Stephanie今天不上班 |
[1:04:13] | so you know I’m thinkin’ about goin’ on a hike. | 所以 你看 我想和她去爬山 |
[1:04:15] | We were supposed to play golf. | 我们本来今天要去打高尔夫的 |
[1:04:18] | You know what? You go man.You go. In fact use my clubs. | 你觉得怎么样?你自己去 伙计你自己去事实上 你可以用我的会员卡 |
[1:04:22] | – They’re brand-new.They were a gift from Christine’s dad.- [ Disgusted Sigh ] | 会员卡都是全新的是Christine她爸送给我的礼物 |
[1:04:25] | Here I’ll pay for it. Right there. | 给 我请客就用这个 |
[1:04:27] | And then later the three of us we can go to The Hitching Post. | 等晚一些时候 我们三个可以一起去The Hitching Post |
[1:04:31] | We could sit at one of Maya’s tables. | 我们可以坐在Maya的餐桌那儿 |
[1:04:33] | She’ll bring us some great wine you know? | 她会给我们拿些好酒 知道么? |
[1:04:35] | – Then the four of us will do something.- No. Count me out. | 然后我们四个可以干点什么不 我不要 |
[1:04:38] | Oh I see. | 哦 我明白了 |
[1:04:41] | Didn’t go so great last night huh?What a shocker. | 昨天晚上不是很顺利 嗯?真是吃惊啊 |
[1:04:44] | You mean getting drunk and callingVictoria didn’t put you in the mood? | 你是说喝醉了给Victoria打电话并没有使你进入状态? |
[1:04:49] | Dumb fuck. | 妈的傻瓜 |
[1:04:51] | – Later man.- Yeah well maybe you shouldcheck your messages first. | 晚上见 伙计是的 不过也许你应该先查一下你的短信 |
[1:05:05] | – [ Escalating Tones ]- Oh boy. | 哦 天哪 |
[1:05:09] | Yeah she’s been leavingmessages here too. | 是的 她在这里也留言了 |
[1:05:13] | Yeah. Okay. | 嗯好的 |
[1:05:15] | – You should call her.- I will. I’ll see you. | 你应该给她打电话我会的再见 |
[1:05:18] | – Right now!- Okay. Fuck! | 现在就打!好吧靠! |
[1:05:21] | – What are you my mom?- Well. | 你是谁呀?我妈?随便 |
[1:05:33] | Would you mind waiting outside? | 你不介意到外面等吧? |
[1:05:40] | – That was fun last night.- Yeah. Good food. | 昨天晚上过的很好是啊吃的东西不错 |
[1:05:44] | Hey I-I talked to Maya this morning.She said she had a fun time too. | 嘿 我-我早上和Maya谈过了她说她昨天晚上也很开心 |
[1:05:48] | You should call her. | 你应该给她打电话 |
[1:05:58] | – Where’s Jack?- Uh had to make a phone call. | Jack在哪儿?呃 他得打个电话 |
[1:06:01] | Oh. | 哦 |
[1:06:06] | Miles. Miles. Miles. Miles. | |
[1:06:11] | Hey man uh do you havethat other condom? | 嘿 伙计 呃 上次那个安全套你还有没有了? |
[1:06:15] | In my jacket. | 在我外套里 |
[1:06:17] | What did uh Christine say? | Christine怎么说? |
[1:06:19] | Lucked out. Got voice mail.Everything’s cool. | 很侥幸用语音留言了一切都没问题 |
[1:06:23] | – Ha ha.! Here I am.- [ Stephanie ] Hi.! | 哈哈 我来了嗨! |
[1:06:33] | – Ready?- Yeah. | 好了么?好了 |
[1:07:23] | Cannonball! | 重型炮弹! |
[1:07:26] | [ Female Voice Electronic ]Please dial your password and press pound. | 请输入您的密码并按井号键 |
[1:07:33] | You have no messages at this time. | 目前您没有留言 |
[1:07:36] | To send a message press 2– | 发送消息 请按2– |
[1:08:08] | – [ Moaning Panting ]- Uh– | -啊– |
[1:08:12] | Not now. Not now! | 不要现在进来! |
[1:08:14] | – Yeah.- [ Stephanie Grunting ] | 好 |
[1:08:29] | Hey there you are. | 嘿 你来了 |
[1:08:31] | – Yup.- Hey man. | 是的嘿 伙计 |
[1:08:34] | What are you drinking? | 你在喝什么? |
[1:08:36] | Is it any good? | 好不好喝? |
[1:08:39] | Can– Can I get a glass please? | 我能不能 能不能来一杯? |
[1:08:42] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:08:45] | Stephanie took me outto the pinot fields today Miles. | Stephanie今天带我去皮诺种植地了 Miles. |
[1:08:48] | God it was so awesome. | 上帝 真是美啊 |
[1:08:50] | I think I’m really starting to geta handle on the whole process. | 我觉得我已经对整个过程摸出些门道来了 |
[1:08:54] | The soil to the vine and the–what do you call it? | 从土壤到藤蔓 还有–你们怎么说的来着– |
[1:08:56] | The selection to the harvest. | 从选种到收获 |
[1:08:59] | Then that thing they do withthe big containers where they mix it? | 就是他们用那个很大的容器搅拌葡萄? |
[1:09:02] | It’s really neat the whole thing. | 真是太棒了 整个过程 |
[1:09:04] | Then we ate pinot grapesright off the vine. | 我们还从葡萄藤上摘了皮诺葡萄吃 |
[1:09:07] | They were a little sour… | 有点酸… |
[1:09:09] | but showing excellent potentialfor structure… | 不过表现出出色的构造潜力… |
[1:09:12] | down the line I think. | 从头至尾 我认为 |
[1:09:14] | Stephanie man.She really knows her shit. | Stephanie 伙计 她可真懂行 |
[1:09:17] | Hmm. Where is Stephanie? | 嗯Stephanie在哪儿? |
[1:09:20] | Uh she’s upstairs cleaning up. | 呃 她在楼上清理清理 |
[1:09:24] | What the fuck are you doing? | 你他妈的到底在干嘛? |
[1:09:27] | – What?- With this chick. | 什么?和那个妞 |
[1:09:31] | What? | 怎么了? |
[1:09:33] | Does she know about Saturday? | 她知不知道星期六的事? |
[1:09:36] | Well not exactly.I’ve been honest with her. | 哦 不知道吧不过我对她是诚实的 |
[1:09:38] | I haven’t told her I’m available. | 我并没有告诉她我是单身啊 |
[1:09:40] | She knows this tripis only for a few days. | 她知道我们这趟旅行只有几天 |
[1:09:43] | Besides I just– | 再说 我– |
[1:09:46] | – Besides what?- I’m– Well you know– | 再说什么?我–嗯 你知道– |
[1:09:50] | – The wedding.- What? | 婚礼怎么了? |
[1:09:52] | I– I’ve just been doingsome thinking about it. | 我正在考虑 |
[1:09:57] | Oh you’ve been thinking. And? | 哦 你在考虑了然后呢? |
[1:10:02] | Might have to putthe wedding on hold is all. | 也许我想把婚礼推迟一下 就这样 |
[1:10:07] | Look I know thatthat could be tricky… | 你看 我知道这个很难… |
[1:10:10] | – for certain people to accept at first.- Yeah. | 很难让人一开始就接受嗯 |
[1:10:14] | All right?But life is short Miles. | 是吧?不过人生很短 Miles. |
[1:10:16] | I have to be sure I’m doing the right thingbefore taking such a big step. | 我必须在做出这样一个重大决定前确定自己这样做是正确的 |
[1:10:20] | You know what?That’s not just for my sake. | 你知道么?这也不是光光为了我自己 |
[1:10:23] | I’m looking outfor Christine’s feelings too. | 我也是为Christine的感情着想 |
[1:10:26] | I mean being with Stephaniehas completely opened my eyes. | 我是说 和Stephanie在一起让我大开眼界 |
[1:10:30] | She’s not uptight or controlling.She’s just cool. | 她不保守 没有控制欲她很棒 |
[1:10:33] | I mean she smells different she tastes different. | 我是说 她闻起来是不一样的 她尝起来是不一样的 |
[1:10:37] | – She fucks different.- Okay. | 她操起来也是不一样的好吧 |
[1:10:39] | She fucks like an animal. | 她操起来象个动物 |
[1:10:41] | I gotta tell you man. | 我得告诉你 伙计 |
[1:10:44] | I went deep last night. | 我昨天晚上插的很深 |
[1:10:48] | Deep. | 很深 |
[1:10:50] | Deep. | 很深 |
[1:10:52] | I thought I’d get a little understandingfrom you but I’m not gonna get that. | 我原以为我可以从你这儿得到些理解 看来我得不到了 |
[1:10:56] | Understanding about what Jack? | 理解什么 Jack? |
[1:11:02] | – I might be in love with another woman.- [ Laughs ] | 我可能爱上另一个女人了 |
[1:11:04] | In love? Really? | 爱上?真的? |
[1:11:06] | Twenty-four hours with some wine-pourerchick and you’re fuckin’ in love. | 和一个倒酒的女人呆24个小时 你就他妈的爱上她了? |
[1:11:10] | Come on! And you’re gonnagive up everything? | 算了吧!你愿意失去一切么? |
[1:11:16] | Here’s what I’m thinkin’. | 我是这样想的 |
[1:11:18] | You and me we move up here we buy a vineyard. | 你和我 我们搬到这附近 买一片葡萄园 |
[1:11:21] | You design the wine.I’ll handle the business side. | 你设计葡萄酒 我来处理生意方面 |
[1:11:25] | You get inspired maybe writeanother novel one that can sell. | 你得到了灵感 没准儿能写另一部小说 一本有市场的 |
[1:11:28] | Oh my God. No no. | 哦 上帝啊不会吧 |
[1:11:30] | As for me if an audition comes up L.A.’s right there man. | 对我来说 如果有试演 洛杉矶就在附近 伙计 |
[1:11:32] | – It’s two hours away. Not even.-Jesus Christ. You’re crazy. | 就两个小时的路 可能还不到上帝 你疯了 |
[1:11:35] | You’ve gone crazy. | 你已经疯了 |
[1:11:40] | All I know is that I’m an actor. | 我只知道我是个演员 |
[1:11:43] | All I have is my instinct. | 直觉对我最重要 |
[1:11:48] | You’re asking me to go against it. | 你现在让我违背我的直觉. |
[1:11:51] | [ Stephanie ]Hi guys.! | 嗨 你们好 |
[1:11:54] | Hi. Hi. | 嗨 嗨 |
[1:11:57] | – We should probably get going.- Yeah. | 我们可能该走了是的 |
[1:12:00] | Where? | 去哪儿? |
[1:12:02] | I know where all the drivers go. | 我知道开车的人都去哪儿 |
[1:12:05] | Huh? All right. Here comes the tricky part.There you go. Nice. | 嗯?好吧困难的部分来了来吧好 |
[1:12:10] | Nice. Okay it’s the bridge. | 好好的 这儿有个桥 |
[1:12:13] | Golden Gate Bridge. There you go. | 金门大桥来吧 |
[1:12:19] | You know it’s a thing– I mean I’ve gotten over it. You know what I mean? | 你知道 有件事–我是说 其实我也经不太在乎了你知道我的意思么? |
[1:12:22] | – Mm-hmm.- Stephanie’s heard this a thousand times… | 嗯哼Stephanie已经听过上千次了… |
[1:12:25] | but if I’d bought up in Santa Mariawhen I had a chance… | 如果我是在圣玛丽长大的 如果我有机会 |
[1:12:28] | I would’ve made a fortunewhen they put in that uh– | 我可以赚一大笔钱 就是他们在建那个 呃– |
[1:12:31] | – Home Depot.- Home Depot. | – Home Depot家居.- Home Depot家居. |
[1:12:34] | And those stores.And your father knew about it too. | 那些商店呀你爸爸也知道这些 |
[1:12:37] | He’s such a fuckin’ chickenshit. | 他可真他妈是个胆小鬼 |
[1:12:39] | Always was.Just a fuckin’chickenshit. | 总是那样就是他妈的胆小鬼 |
[1:12:42] | – Just too scared.- [ Coughing ] | 什么都害怕 |
[1:12:45] | – Is this bothering you? You sure?- It’s fine. Yeah. | 这个惹你烦了么?有没有?没关系 没关系 |
[1:12:50] | Hey man. I’m gonna just make surethat Siena and Stephanie get home safe. | 嘿 伙计我得确保Siena 和 Stephanie安全到家 |
[1:12:54] | – Okay.- All right. Maybe we’ll hook up with you later. | 好的好也许我俩可以晚点再会面 |
[1:12:56] | Sure. Whatever. Maybe I’llgo catch a movie or something. | 当然随便也许我可以去看个电影什么的 |
[1:12:59] | – See you later Miles.- Thanks Stephanie. See you. | 再见 Miles- 谢谢 Stephanie. 再见. |
[1:13:02] | – Bye Siena.- Bye. | – 再见 Siena.- 再见. |
[1:13:04] | – Caryl very nice meeting you.- I loved talking with you. | – Caryl 很高兴认识你.- 我很喜欢和你聊天. |
[1:13:06] | – Thanks.- If you go out later call me on my cell. | 谢谢如果你要出去 打我手机 |
[1:13:10] | [ High-pitched Voice ]Okay! | 好! |
[1:13:24] | – Okay. That’s it?- Yeah. | 好是这个么?是的 |
[1:13:27] | Actually could I get a uh–a Barely Legal please? | 还有 请给我拿一期Barely Legal? |
[1:13:31] | Thank you. No actually–Sorry. The new one. | 谢谢不 是–对不起 要新的一期 |
[1:13:35] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:13:38] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:14:00] | What– Oh. | 什么–哦 |
[1:14:50] | – Hey Miles. How’s it hanging?- Hey. | 嗨 Miles 玩的怎么样?嗨 |
[1:14:54] | Oh you know me. I love it up here. | 哦 你了解我我喜欢这里 |
[1:14:57] | – How ’bout you?- Busy for a Tuesday night. | 你怎么样?星期二晚上很忙 |
[1:15:00] | We had a busload of old folkson a wine tour. | 有一车老年人来葡萄酒之旅 |
[1:15:03] | Usually they’re not too rowdy but tonight something was going on. | 平时他们也不是很吵闹的但今晚有点奇怪 |
[1:15:06] | I don’t know. A full moon or something.Anyway what can I get you? | 我也不知道 没准是满月的原因你想要点什么? |
[1:15:09] | – Highliner.- Glass or bottle? | – Highliner.杯装的还是瓶装的? |
[1:15:12] | – Bottle.- You got it. | 瓶的好的 |
[1:15:15] | Say is uh Maya working? | 哎 呃 Maya还在工作么? |
[1:15:18] | Maya? Uh no I haven’t seen her. | Maya? Uh 没有 我没看见她. |
[1:15:21] | I think she’s off tonight. | 我想她今晚调休 |
[1:15:35] | – You okay Miles?- Yeah I’m good. | 你还好吧 Miles?是的 我还好 |
[1:16:16] | Ah crap. | 啊 妈的 |
[1:16:19] | – Did you ever get ahold of Maya yesterday?- Nope. | 你昨天晚上见到Maya了么?没有 |
[1:16:22] | – Hmm?- No. | 嗯?没有 |
[1:16:24] | She really likes you man.Stephanie’ll tell you. | 她很喜欢你 伙计Stephanie会告诉你的. |
[1:16:27] | – Could you just give me a little room? Please?- Yeah. | 你能不能给我点地方?好的 |
[1:16:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:16:31] | In life you gotta strikewhile the iron’s hot. Iron is hot. | 生活中 有时你得趁热打铁趁热打铁 |
[1:16:35] | Sage advice Jack. | 明智的建议 Jack. |
[1:16:38] | – Now remember sit back on your heels.- Mm-hmm. | 现在 记住 脚后跟站稳嗯哼 |
[1:16:40] | All right?Turn through the abdomen. | 好了么?转腹部 |
[1:16:44] | Abdomen. | 腹部 |
[1:16:46] | – [ Grunts ] Oh for cryin’— Nice. | 哦 给点尖叫–很好 |
[1:16:49] | [Jack ] What about your agent?You hear anything yet? | 你的经纪人怎么样了?有信儿了么? |
[1:16:52] | – [ Miles ] Nope.- What do you think’s going on? | 没有你觉得会有什么事? |
[1:16:55] | – Could be anything.- You been checking your messages? | 什么事都可能你检查你的留言了么? |
[1:16:58] | – Obsessively.- Huh. | 不停的查嗯 |
[1:17:01] | Guess I’ll just have to learn to kiss offanother three years of my life. | 看来我得接受我又浪费了生命中的三年 |
[1:17:04] | But you haven’t heard anything yet… | 但是你还没有得到任何消息呢… |
[1:17:06] | so don’t you think your negativity’sa little premature? | 你不觉得你的消极论断还为时过早么? |
[1:17:10] | Hmm? All right. You know fuck the New York publishers. | 呒好的你知道操他的纽约出版商 |
[1:17:14] | Publish it yourself Miles.I’ll chip in. | 你自己出版 Miles.我入股 |
[1:17:16] | Just get it out there.Get it reviewed. | 把它出版了 找人写评论 |
[1:17:19] | Get it in libraries.Let the public decide. | 放在图书馆里 让公众决定 |
[1:17:28] | Don’t come over the top. | 不要打在表面上 |
[1:17:31] | – Stay still.- Shut up. | 保持不动闭嘴 |
[1:17:34] | It’s all about stillness. | 保持不动最重要 |
[1:17:37] | – Inner quiet.- Shut up. Shut up. Shut up! | 内心的平静闭嘴 闭嘴 闭嘴! |
[1:17:40] | Jesus Christ man!What the hell is wrong with you? | 上帝呀 你到底哪根筋搭错了? |
[1:17:43] | Please just shut up! Fuck! | 求求你了 就闭嘴吧!靠! |
[1:17:47] | – God.- What’s with the hostility man? | 上帝啊你这么冲干吗 伙计? |
[1:17:49] | I know you’re a little frustratedwith your life right now… | 我知道你目前的生活有些挫折… |
[1:17:52] | – but you can choose to be less hostile.- [ Chuckling ] | 不过你可以选择不那么敌视 |
[1:17:59] | The fucker hit into us. | 那个混蛋打到我们这里来了 |
[1:18:02] | [ Shouting ]Hurry it up will ya? | [ Shouting ]快点 行不? |
[1:18:05] | Oh boy. Oh boy. | 哦 哦 |
[1:18:08] | Hey that’s not cool asshole! | 嘿 这样不好 笨蛋! |
[1:18:24] | [Jack ]Nice shot.Jackoffs. | 好球笨蛋们 |
[1:18:27] | – What the hell are you doing?- Oops. Look out. | 你到底在干什么?哎呀 小心 |
[1:18:33] | Uh? Uh-huh. | 嗯?呃-哼 |
[1:18:35] | Oh. Oh check it out. | 哦 哦 看 看 |
[1:18:39] | – This is gonna be fun. This is gonna be fun.- Go to it. | 好戏来了 好戏来了开过去 |
[1:18:51] | Just don’t give up on Maya. Cool smartchicks like that require persistence. | 不要放弃Maya. 像她那样又酷又聪明的女人需要恒心 |
[1:18:55] | I don’t wanna talk about it please. | 我不想谈这个了 求你了 |
[1:18:58] | All I know is that she’s beautiful a lot of soul. | 我只知道她很美 精神丰富 |
[1:19:00] | She’s perfect for you. | 她对你非常合适 |
[1:19:02] | I’m just not gonna feel good about this weekuntil I know you guys have hooked up. | 如果看不见你们两个在一起我这周不会好过的 |
[1:19:06] | Don’t you want to feel that cozy little boxgrip down on your johnson? | 你难道不想要那种温暖的小盒子加紧你的小弟弟的感觉么? |
[1:19:10] | Hey! Mind keeping it down buddy? | 嘿!往后想想 伙计? |
[1:19:13] | A woman finds out how I live… | 当这个女人发现我是怎样生活的… |
[1:19:15] | that I’m not a published author that I’m a liar essentially… | 我并不是一个出版作家 我根本就是个骗子… |
[1:19:18] | any interest she hasis gonna evaporate real quick. | 她所有的兴趣就会很快消失掉 |
[1:19:22] | If you don’t have money at my age you’re not even in the game anymore. | 如果你到了我这个年龄还没有钱 就意味着你连游戏的资格都没有了 |
[1:19:26] | You’re just a pasture animalwaiting for the abattoir. | 你只是一个等在abattoir(法语)里的牲畜 |
[1:19:30] | – Abattoir. What is that?- Slaughterhouse. | – Abattoir. 什么意思?- 屠宰场. |
[1:19:34] | Abattoir. Huh.But you know what? | Abattoir. 嗯.不过你知道么? |
[1:19:37] | You are gonna bea published author… | 你会成为一个出版作家… |
[1:19:39] | because you’re gonna get the good newsthis week about your book. | 因为这个星期你就要听到关于你的书的好消息了 |
[1:19:42] | – I know you are. I can feel it.- #[ Cell Phone Chiming ] | 我知道你会的 我可以感觉到 |
[1:19:46] | Huh. Stephanie. | 嗯. Stephanie. |
[1:19:48] | Hey honey. Yeah. | 嗨 宝贝儿 是的 |
[1:19:51] | Yeah. Yeah. | 是的 是的 |
[1:19:53] | Yeah! | 太好了! |
[1:20:00] | – Hey.- [Jack ] Hi. | 嗨嗨 |
[1:20:07] | Hey Miles. I heard you stopped bythe restaurant to see me last night. | 嗨 Miles 我听说你昨晚到餐厅去找我了 |
[1:20:11] | Oh yeah. No. I mean uh yeah. | 哦 是的不 我是说 呃 是的 |
[1:20:13] | I stopped by for a drink.I didn’t see you. | 我去那里喝了一杯不过没看见你 |
[1:20:16] | – I had class.- Oh. | 我去上课了哦 |
[1:20:18] | Well nice to see you now. | 那 很高兴现在见到你 |
[1:20:21] | It’s good to see you too. | 我也很高兴见到你 |
[1:20:31] | – [ Miles ] Syrah.- [ All Chattering ] | 席拉酒 |
[1:20:34] | [ Miles ] Oldest Syrah grapesin Santa Barbara County. | 圣巴巴拉周围最古老的席拉葡萄 |
[1:20:38] | Did you know that? | 你知道么? |
[1:20:41] | You didn’t know that? | 你不知道么? |
[1:20:46] | [ Man ] The pinot noir grapehas been cultivated perhaps… | 黑皮诺葡萄最早开始种植可能是 |
[1:20:49] | since antiquity in Burgundy. | 从古代勃艮第 |
[1:20:52] | And it is precisely this ancient… | 正是这种精确的… |
[1:20:55] | and inherited winemakingknowledge… | 从远古继承的酿酒知识… |
[1:20:58] | that has contributed to its success. | 促成了它的成功 |
[1:22:04] | – I was like 1 6 1 7.- Really? | 我在那里数着 16 17真的? |
[1:22:07] | Yeah. I’m gonna die! | 是啊 快枯燥死了! |
[1:22:09] | – Oh God. What a drag.- Mom? | 哦 天哪 乱七八糟的妈妈? |
[1:22:12] | – Oh.- Oh hey. Hi. | 哦哦 嘿 嗨 |
[1:22:14] | – Is it too loud?- [ Coughing ] | 是不是太吵了? |
[1:22:17] | Sorry. Oh UncleJackwill put you back to bed. | 对不起哦 Jack叔叔带你上床睡觉 |
[1:22:20] | Come here little sister. Ooh! | 过来 小朋友哦! |
[1:22:22] | We’ll be more quiet okay? | 我们会安静一点的 好不好? |
[1:22:25] | – Good night. I’m sorry.- I’m so sorry. | 晚安抱歉非常抱歉 |
[1:22:30] | – My favorite as far as ice cream— [ Coughing ] | 我最喜欢的 冰淇淋是– |
[1:25:00] | You guys should come bythe restaurant for lunch today. | 你们今天应该到我们餐厅吃午饭 |
[1:25:03] | – Great. What’s the latest we can get there?- About 2:30. | 很好我们最晚可以什么时候到?大概2:30 |
[1:25:10] | Did you hear about this Bordeauxtasting dinner down in Santa Barbara… | 你有没有听说圣巴巴拉有个波尔多酒品尝大会… |
[1:25:12] | on Saturday night? | 在这个周六晚上? |
[1:25:14] | It’s kind of pricey but if you wanted to go I’d be into it. | 有点贵 不过你如果愿意去的话 我也去 |
[1:25:19] | Why don’t you just stayfor the weekend? | 你们为什么不能过了这个周末再走? |
[1:25:21] | No we have to get back Fridayfor the rehearsal dinner. | 不行 我们必须得星期五回去排演晚餐? |
[1:25:25] | What rehearsal dinner? | 为什么要排演晚餐? |
[1:25:28] | Who’s getting married? | 有人要结婚了么? |
[1:25:30] | – Were you ever gonna say anything?- Yes of course I was. | 你是不是根本什么都不打算说?我当然打算告诉你的 |
[1:25:34] | Just now I could’ve told yousome story but I didn’t. | 就刚才 我本来可以编个故事骗你 但我没有 |
[1:25:37] | – I told you the truth. Maya!- Don’t touch me! | 我已经说实话了 Maya!别碰我! |
[1:25:41] | Just take me home. | 送我回家 |
[1:25:44] | Do you have any ideawhat he’s been saying to her? | 你知不知道他对她都说了些什么? |
[1:25:47] | – He’s an actor so it can’t be good.- Only that he loves her. | 他是个演员 所以不会是什么好话只是说他又多爱她 |
[1:25:51] | How she’s the only woman that’s everrocked his world how he adores Siena… | 她是唯一一个震撼他世界的女人 他多么喜欢Siena… |
[1:25:55] | how he wants to move here andget a place with the two of themand commute when he has to. | 他多么想搬到这儿来 买个地方和她俩住一起 他可以跑通勤 |
[1:25:59] | I’m sure he believed every word of it. | 我肯定他自己都以为自己说的每个字都是真的呢 |
[1:26:02] | Please believe me. | 请相信我 |
[1:26:05] | I was on the vergeof telling you last night but– | 我昨晚差一点就要告诉你真相了 不过– |
[1:26:08] | But you wanted to fuck me first. | 不过你想先操我 |
[1:26:12] | Oh Maya. No. | 不 Maya不是的 |
[1:26:15] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:26:28] | You know I’ve just spentthe last three years of my life… | 你知道 我刚刚用了3年的时间… |
[1:26:32] | trying to extricate myself froma relationship that was full of deception… | 试着从一场充满欺骗的婚姻里解脱出来… |
[1:26:36] | and I’m doing just fine. | 我刚刚开始感觉好点 |
[1:26:40] | And I haven’t been with anybodysince my divorce… | 我离婚以后没有和任何人在一起过… |
[1:26:44] | so this has been a big deal for me Maya. | 这对我是非常重要事 Maya. |
[1:26:48] | Hanging out with you and uh–and last night. | 和你度过的时光 呃–还有昨天晚上 |
[1:26:52] | I really like you Maya… | 我是真的喜欢你 Maya… |
[1:26:55] | and I am notJack. | 而且我并不像Jack. |
[1:26:59] | I’m– I’m– | 我是–我是– |
[1:27:02] | [ Sighs ] I’m his freshman year roommatefrom San Diego State. | 在圣地亚哥州立时我是他的大一室友 |
[1:27:31] | – [ Door Closes ]- There’s my boy! | 我的好孩子回来了! |
[1:27:34] | There he is.But who’s your daddy? | 他回来了你爸爸是谁呀? |
[1:27:37] | – Who is your daddy? Oh!-Jack come on. | 你爸爸是谁呀?哦!Jack 算了吧 |
[1:27:40] | – Oh let me love you.- Let go. Oh! | 哦 让我来爱你吧放开噢 |
[1:27:43] | – Let me down Jack.- [ Laughing ] | 放下我 Jack. |
[1:27:46] | I am so proud of you.Ah. Mmm. Mmm. | 我真替你骄傲啊 呒 呒 |
[1:27:49] | – Well that’s nice.- Okay. All right. Details. | 嗯 非常好好了 好了 告诉我细节 |
[1:27:52] | – I love details.- No. | 我喜欢听细节不 |
[1:27:55] | – What?-Jesus. It’s private. | 什么?上帝 那是隐私 |
[1:27:59] | You better tell me what happened or I’ll tie your dick in a knot. | 你最好把经过告诉我不然 我要把你的小弟弟打个结 |
[1:28:02] | Let’s just leave it okay? | 我们就走吧 行不行? |
[1:28:05] | – You didn’t get any did you?- [ Sighs ] | 你根本就没干 是不是? |
[1:28:10] | – You’re a homo.- Yeah right. Yup I’m a homo. | 你是个同性恋是的 对了对 我是同性恋 |
[1:28:13] | Yeah. Yeah. | 是的 是的 |
[1:28:15] | Just make up whatever you want and that’s what happened. | 随便你乱想的就是经过 |
[1:28:18] | Write out my gay confession and I’ll sign it. | 把我的同性恋自白书写下来 我会在上面签字的 |
[1:28:22] | Okay? Just stop pushing meall the time. | 好不好?不要老是逼我 |
[1:28:25] | You’re an infant Jack. | 你是个婴儿 Jack. |
[1:28:27] | – This is all a big party for you…- Okay. | 整个世界对你就是个大派对…好了 |
[1:28:31] | – but not for me.- Come on. | 但对我不是行了 |
[1:28:33] | I’m sorry man. | 对不起 伙计 |
[1:28:37] | Did you have trouble performing? | 你是不是假装的时候有困难? |
[1:28:41] | – Yeah that’s it.- [ Phone Rings ] | 是的 就是这个原因 |
[1:28:45] | – Don’t answer it.- [ Rings ] – Don’t answer it.- [ Rings ] | |
[1:28:48] | Don’t answer it. | 不要接 |
[1:28:50] | – Jack.- Hello. | – Jack.- 喂 |
[1:28:53] | [ Chuckling ]Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:28:56] | Uh-huh. [ Whispers ] It’s Christine. | 呃-呃是Christine |
[1:28:59] | Yeah. Yeah. Uh-huh. | 是的 是的呃-呃 |
[1:29:03] | Hey let me call you right back. | 嘿 我回来马上给你打电话 |
[1:29:05] | Miles and I are kindain the middle of something. | Miles和我正有事 |
[1:29:08] | Nah it’s nothing serious.Just–He’s having one ofhis freak-outs. Yeah. | 没有 没什么重要的 就是–他又开始行为反常了是的 |
[1:29:13] | – # [ Dance: Woman Singing ]- I love you too. I’ll call you back. | 我也爱你我等下打给你 |
[1:29:17] | [ Miles ] This whole week has gone sour.It hasn’t gone the way it was supposed to. | 整个星期已经变味儿了这不是我们本来想要的 |
[1:29:21] | I just want to go home. | 我想在只想回家 |
[1:29:25] | I know what you need. | 我知道你的需要 |
[1:29:28] | I know what you need. | 我知道你的需要 |
[1:29:28] | [Jack ] How ’bout this one?We didn’t hit this one. | 这个怎么样?我们还没有喝过这里的呢 |
[1:29:31] | – Frass Canyon. It’s a joke.- You ever actually been in there? | – Frass Canyon. 笑话吧.你原来来过这里? |
[1:29:34] | – I don’t have to.- I say we check it out. We’re right here. | 用不着来这儿我说我们还是尝尝吧 都已经来了 |
[1:30:13] | [ Miles ] It tastes like the backof a fucking L.A. school bus. | 它的味道就像他妈洛杉矶校车的屁股 |
[1:30:16] | Now they probably didn’t de-stem… | 嗯 他们可能没有去梗… |
[1:30:18] | hoping for some semblanceof concentration. | 想假装酒的浓度很高 |
[1:30:21] | Crushed it up with leaves and mice… | 把它和叶子和老鼠一起碾碎… |
[1:30:23] | and then wound up with this rancid tarand turpentine mouthwash bullshit. | 再配上腐臭的焦油和松脂漱口水这些烂东西 |
[1:30:27] | Fuckin’ Raid. | 他妈的骗人 |
[1:30:30] | Tastes pretty good to me. | 我觉得味道挺好 |
[1:30:33] | Hmm. Look.They have a reserve pinot. | 嗯对了他们有一种保留的皮诺 |
[1:30:36] | – Let me use your phone.- What’s up? | -我用下你的电话-怎么了? |
[1:30:39] | – I can’t take it anymore. I gotta call Evelyn.- Okay. | -我不能再等下去了 我要给Evelyn打电话-好的 |
[1:30:46] | [ Woman ]Evelyn Berman-Silverman’s office. | Evelyn Berman-Silverman 的办公室. |
[1:30:48] | – Hi Jennifer. It’s Miles again.- Oh hi Miles. | – 嗨 Jennifer. 还是我 Miles.噢 嗨 Miles. |
[1:30:51] | – Hi.- Let me see if I can get her. | 嗨我看看能不能接通她 |
[1:30:53] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:30:55] | – You’re in luck. I’ll put you through.- Okay. | 你很幸运我给你接过去好的 |
[1:31:01] | – Hi Miles.- Hi Evelyn. | – 嗨 Miles.- 嗨 Evelyn. |
[1:31:03] | It’s your favorite client.[ Chuckles ] | 是你最受宠的客户 |
[1:31:05] | – How’s the trip?- Oh it’s good it’s good. | 你的旅行怎么样?噢 很好 很好 |
[1:31:08] | You know we’re drinkingsome good wines kicking back. | 你知道 我们就喝喝酒放松放松 |
[1:31:11] | – It’s very nice.- Right. | 非常好是的. |
[1:31:13] | So what’s happening?There’s still no word huh? | 怎么样了?还是没有回音 嗯? |
[1:31:16] | Well actually there is word. | 嗯 事实上 已经有消息了 |
[1:31:18] | I spoke to Keith Kurtzmanthis morning. | 我早上和Keith Kurtzman通过话了 |
[1:31:21] | Right. And? | 嗯怎么样? |
[1:31:23] | And… they’re passing. | 嗯…他们没有通过 |
[1:31:27] | Conundrum’s passing.He said they really liked it. | “迷题”出版社没有通过 他说他们很喜欢你的小说 |
[1:31:31] | They really wanted to do it but they justcouldn’t figure out how to market it. | 他们非常希望能出版它 但是他们不知道怎么推销它 |
[1:31:36] | He said it was a really tough call. | 他说很难有市场 |
[1:31:40] | Oh. Right. | 噢 是的 |
[1:31:42] | – I’m sorry Miles.- [ Sighs ] | 很遗憾 Miles |
[1:31:45] | So I don’t know where that leaves us. | 我不知道我们还能怎么办 |
[1:31:47] | I’m not sure how much more mileageI can get out of continuing to submit it. | 我不知道继续投稿还有多少意义 |
[1:31:52] | I think it’s one of those unfortunate casesin the business right now– | 我想这就是目前出版业不景气的一个不幸的例子吧– |
[1:31:56] | a-a fabulous book with no home. | 一本出色的书却找不到归宿 |
[1:32:00] | [ Evelyn’s Voice ]The whole industry’s gotten gutless. | 整个出版业都已经没有勇气了 |
[1:32:03] | It’s not about the qualityof the books anymore. | 并不是说你的书不好 |
[1:32:06] | It’s only about the marketing. | 只是市场的问题 |
[1:32:13] | – Excuse me. Could I geta uh pour down here please?- Sure. | -打搅一下 能不能给我 呃-倒在这里?-当然 |
[1:32:16] | There’s a uh specialon the Syrah by the case. | 这一点上席拉酒有点特别 |
[1:32:22] | Hit me again. | 再给我倒上 |
[1:32:28] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:32:31] | Excuse me.Could you just pour me a full glass? | 对不起 你能不能给我倒满? |
[1:32:34] | I’ll pay for it okay? | 我会付钱的 好不好? |
[1:32:37] | Sir this is a winery not a bar. | 先生 这里是酿酒园 不是酒吧 |
[1:32:41] | Oh. Come on. | 噢 得了吧 |
[1:32:43] | Just give me a full goddamn pour. | 就他妈给我满上一杯 |
[1:32:47] | Excuse me. | 对不起 |
[1:32:49] | Why don’t you buy a bottle then go outside? | 你为什么不买上一瓶 出去喝呢? |
[1:32:56] | – What are you doing?- I told you I need a drink so I’m going to help myself. | -你要干什么?-我给你讲了 我要喝一杯 看来我只好自己动手了 |
[1:32:59] | – Okay pal? What do you think?- Put the glass down. | -哼 哥们 你想怎么着?-放下杯子 |
[1:33:02] | Let go of the fucking glass fucker! | 放下他妈的杯子 操! |
[1:33:10] | – [ Groaning ]- Mmm. | 呒 |
[1:33:13] | – That’s that.- Ho ho ho ho ho. Ho buddy. Ho buddy. | 就这么着噢 哦 哦 哦 伙计 哦 伙计 |
[1:33:17] | – It’s okay.- Get him out ofhere. | 没关系把他带出去 |
[1:33:20] | – Thanks a lot!- It’s okay. His uh– His mother just died. | 多谢没关系他 呃–他妈妈刚死了 |
[1:33:27] | So you’ll write another one.You’ve got lots of ideas right? | 你可以再写一部你有很多好点子 对吧? |
[1:33:30] | No I’m finished. I’m not a writer. | 没了 江郎才尽了我就不是个作家 |
[1:33:33] | I’m a middle school English teacher. | 我只是个中学英语老师 |
[1:33:37] | Ah the world doesn’t give a shitwhat I have to say. | 啊 整个世界都不会在乎我想说什么 |
[1:33:40] | I’m unnecessary.[ Chuckles ] | 我的存在是没必要的 |
[1:33:43] | I’m so insignificant I can’t even kill myself. | 我是那么的不重要 连自杀都不行 |
[1:33:47] | Miles what the hellis that supposed to mean? | Miles 这到底是什么意思? |
[1:33:49] | Come on man. You know. | 行了 伙计 你知道 |
[1:33:51] | Hemingway Sexton Plath Woolf. | 海明威 塞克斯汀 普拉斯 沃尔夫 |
[1:33:54] | You can’t kill yourselfbefore you’ve even been published. | 你不能书都没有出版就自杀 |
[1:34:00] | – [ Sighs ]- What about the guy that wroteConfederacy Of Dunces? | 那写《傻瓜同盟》的那个家伙呢? |
[1:34:04] | He committed suicide before hewas published. Look how famous he is. | 他在书出版之前就自杀了看他现在多出名 |
[1:34:10] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:34:15] | Just don’t give up. All right?You’re gonna make it. | 别放弃 好么?你一定会成功的 |
[1:34:20] | Half my life is over… | 前半生已经过去了… |
[1:34:22] | and I have nothingto show for it nothing. | 我却没什么可展示的 什么都没有 |
[1:34:26] | I’m a thumbprinton the window of a skyscraper. | 我是摩天大楼窗户上的一个指印 |
[1:34:30] | I’m a smudge of excrementon a tissue… | 我是擦大便手纸上的一粒粪渣… |
[1:34:34] | surging out to seawith a million tons of raw sewage. | 和成千上万的下水道污秽一起奔向大海 |
[1:34:38] | See? Right there. | 看到么?这就是 |
[1:34:41] | Just what you just said?That is beautiful. | 就你刚才说的?就很美 |
[1:34:44] | “A smudge of excrementsurging out to sea.” | “一粒粪渣奔向大海” |
[1:34:47] | – Yeah.- I could never write that. | -是的-我就永远也写不出来 |
[1:34:51] | Neither could I actually.I think it’s Bukowski. | 我也不行其实 那时布考斯基写的 |
[1:35:18] | Hey baby.[ Chuckling ] | 嘿 宝贝 |
[1:35:24] | – Look what I got for our favorite girl.- Motherfucker! | -看我给我们的宝贝女儿带什么了-操你妈! |
[1:35:26] | -Jesus Christ!- You fucking lying piece of shit! | -上帝啊!-操你妈屎一样的骗子! |
[1:35:31] | You’re getting married on Saturday?What’s with all that shit you said to me? | 你周六就结婚了?那你给我说的那些屁话是什么意思? |
[1:35:35] | – Stephanie stop!-[Jack ] I can explain.! | – Stephanie 别打了!- 我要给你解释! |
[1:35:38] | – [ Sobbing ] You said you loved me!- I do.! | – 你还说你爱我!- 是真的! |
[1:35:40] | – I hope you die!- Stop it Stephanie! | – 去死吧!- 别打了 Stephanie! |
[1:35:52] | Fuckface! You too! | 一幅猪相!你也是! |
[1:35:55] | Me? | 我? |
[1:35:59] | – You fucking told Maya didn’t you?- No I did not. | -你他妈的告诉Maya了 是不是?-没有 我没说 |
[1:36:02] | No I did not. | 没有 我没说 |
[1:36:04] | It must have been Garyat The Hitching Post. | 肯定是The Hitching Post的Gary. |
[1:36:07] | I think we mentioned it to himthe first night. | 我想我们第一天晚上就和他提过了 |
[1:36:09] | Oh did we mention it?You mentioned it asshole! | 哦 是”我们”提的么?是你提的 傻瓜! |
[1:36:13] | I’m fucking hurting over here. | 我这儿真他妈的疼 |
[1:36:16] | Keep it elevated. | 头抬高一点 |
[1:36:22] | [ Elderly Woman ]No I don’t want anything. | 不 我什么都不要 |
[1:36:31] | – [ Answering Machine Beeps ]- Uh it’s Miles. | 呃 是我 Miles |
[1:36:33] | I had to call and uh tell you again… | 我必须得打电话 呃 再次告诉你… |
[1:36:38] | how much I enjoyedour time together… | 和你在一起我有多么愉快… |
[1:36:41] | and uh how sorry I am… | 还有 呃 我有多么难过… |
[1:36:44] | that things turned outthe way they did. | 看着事情变成这样 |
[1:36:48] | I think you’re great Maya. | 我觉得你很了不起 Maya |
[1:36:52] | Uh I always have from the first timethat you uh waited on me. | 呃 我一直就这样认为 从第一次你 呃 在餐厅为我服务 |
[1:36:59] | Uh and while I’m at it… | 呃 既然我要坦白… |
[1:37:02] | uh I guess maybe youshould know that my book… | 呃 我想也许你应该知道我的书… |
[1:37:06] | is not getting published. | 并没有出版 |
[1:37:09] | I thought this one uh had a chance but I was wrong again. | 我原以为这次 呃 可以成的 可是我又错了 |
[1:37:15] | Once again. | 又一次错了 |
[1:37:17] | So you see uh… | 再见 呃… |
[1:37:20] | I’m not really much of a writer. | 我其实并不是个作家 |
[1:37:23] | I am not much of anything really. | 我什么都不是 真的 |
[1:37:38] | I’m gonna have to have an operation maybe even a couple of’em. | 我可能得做手术了 没准儿得做两三个 |
[1:37:42] | They’re gonna wait for my nose to heal first then they break it again. | 他们要等我的鼻子先愈合了 再把它打开 |
[1:37:46] | Oh Christ. Good thingyou have a voice-over career. | 哦 上帝幸好你还可以干旁白解说什么的 |
[1:37:49] | It’s gonna fuck that up too.I oughta sue her ass. | 我连他妈那种也干不了了我应该起诉她这个混蛋 |
[1:37:53] | The only reason I won’tis to protect Christine. | 我不起诉的唯一原因就是为了保护Christine |
[1:37:56] | – That’s thoughtful.- Yeah. | -你可真替人着想-是啊 |
[1:38:02] | How did Stephanie knowit was on Saturday? | Stephanie怎么会知道是在星期六? |
[1:38:05] | We didn’t get into that with Gary. | 我们没有给Gary说这个吧 |
[1:38:09] | Huh. That’s– Yeah let me think. | 呃 可能是– 呃 让我想想看 |
[1:38:12] | – You sure you didn’t say anything to Maya?- Yes I’m sure I’m sure. | -你肯定什么都没有对Maya说?-是的 我保证 我保证 |
[1:38:17] | And just what are you implying Jack? | 你会让人怎么想 Jack? |
[1:38:20] | I’m really pissed off at you about all this if you want to know the truth. | 我对你所作的一切非常生气 如果你想知道我的真实想法的话 |
[1:38:24] | What is Maya going to think of me now just for associating with you? | Maya现在会对我怎么看 就因为我和你关系这么好? |
[1:38:31] | I don’t know. Sure seems fishy. | 我不知道 肯定她觉得你很可疑 |
[1:38:35] | Well. | 是的 |
[1:38:37] | [ TV:Man ] Wherever there’s a fightso hungry people can eat… | [TV:每当人们为饥饿的人作战…] |
[1:38:42] | I’ll be there. | [我会在那里] |
[1:38:44] | Wherever there’s a copbeating up a guy… | [每当警察实施暴力…] |
[1:38:47] | I’ll be there. | [我会在那里…] |
[1:38:50] | I’ll be in the way guys yellwhen they’re mad. | [我会在疯狂尖叫的人们中] |
[1:38:54] | What’s this look like to you? | 你觉得看起来像什么? |
[1:38:57] | Uh it looks like you werein a bad car accident. | 呃 我觉得像发生了严重的车祸 |
[1:39:01] | [ TVContinues ] When the peopleare eating the stuff they raised– | [TV:当人们吃着自己种养的–] |
[1:39:06] | I’m hungry. | 我饿了 |
[1:39:12] | – [ People Chattering ]- [ Woman ] Here we go. | 来了 |
[1:39:15] | – Nice.- Thank you. | -很好-谢谢 |
[1:39:18] | – And here is your Handi Wipes.- Oh. | -这是你的小餐巾-哦 |
[1:39:21] | So that’s what those are. For a minuteI thought you were promoting safe sex. | 噢这是小餐巾啊 我差点以为你们在宣传性安全 |
[1:39:26] | That’s a good one.I’ll have to remember that one. | 这个笑话好我要记住这个笑话 |
[1:39:29] | – I’ll be right back with your corn bread.- All righty. | -我马上就给你拿玉米面包来-好的 |
[1:39:36] | Bet you that chick’s two tons of fun. | 我保证那个妞非常非常好玩 |
[1:39:39] | – You know the grateful type?- Mm-mmm. | -你知道 很舒适的那种?-呒 |
[1:39:41] | I don’t know.I wouldn’t know about that. | 我不知道我也不想知道 |
[1:39:47] | Mmm. | 呒 |
[1:39:51] | – Hmm.- Here you go. | -呒-来了 |
[1:39:54] | Nice technique there… Cammi. | 技术很好…Cammi |
[1:39:57] | Thank you. All in the wrist.[ Giggles ] | 谢谢 都是手腕功夫 |
[1:40:00] | You know you look really familiar to me. | 你知道 你看起来很眼熟 |
[1:40:03] | – Are you from around here?- Actually we’re from San Diego. Why? | -你住在这附近么?-其实我们是从圣地亚哥来的怎么了? |
[1:40:06] | I don’t know.You just seemed really familiar to me. | 我不知道我就是看着你眼熟 |
[1:40:10] | – Never mind. Enjoy your meal.- Hang on. Hang on. | -别介意 用餐吧-等一下 等一下 |
[1:40:13] | Um did you ever knowa Derek Sommersby? | 呃 你知不知道Derek Sommersby? |
[1:40:17] | Dr. Derek Sommersbyfrom One Life To Live? | 《一次人生》电视剧里的Derek Sommersby博士? |
[1:40:23] | Just have to imagine himwith a bandage and shorter hair. | 你想象一下他贴着邦迪 剪着短发 |
[1:40:31] | No way! | 不会吧! |
[1:40:34] | No way! Oh my gosh! | 不会吧!哦 上帝! |
[1:40:37] | [ Squealing ]That’s great.! Oh my goodness.! | 太好了!哦 上帝啊! |
[1:40:41] | Could you tell me wherethe bathroom is please? | 你能告诉我洗手间在哪里么? |
[1:40:43] | Oh yeah. It’s right over there right past the buffalo. Wow! | 噢 就在那过了那个野牛就是喔! |
[1:40:47] | Oh my gosh. I can’t believeyou’re sitting at my table. | 噢 上帝啊我简直不敢相信你坐在我的餐桌 |
[1:41:17] | Listen man Cammi gets offin an hour so I was thinking… | 听着 伙计 Cammi一个小时后下班 所以我想… |
[1:41:20] | I’d just hang around have a drink. | 在这儿多点一会儿 喝点酒 |
[1:41:23] | – You know make sure she gets home safe.- [ Laughs ] | 你知道 送她安全回家 |
[1:41:27] | You’re joking right? | 你在开玩笑吧 是不是? |
[1:41:30] | No. | 不是 |
[1:41:32] | Un-fucking-believable. | 真他妈不敢相信 |
[1:41:34] | Can’t we just go back to the moteland hang out… | 我们能不能就回旅馆呆着… |
[1:41:40] | get up early play nine holes of golf… | 早上早点起 打打高尔夫… |
[1:41:43] | before we head home? | 回家之前就这样? |
[1:41:49] | Listen man you’re my friend… | 听着 伙计 你是我的朋友… |
[1:41:52] | and I know you care about me. | 我知道你关心我 |
[1:41:55] | I know you disapprove and I respect that. | 我知道你反对我尊重这些 |
[1:41:58] | But there are some things that I have to dothat you don’t understand. | 但有些事我必须得做 你并不理解 |
[1:42:03] | You understand literature movies wine… | 你了解文学 电影 葡萄酒… |
[1:42:07] | but you don’t understand my plight. | 但你并不了解我的困境 |
[1:42:29] | Yeah?[ Sighs ] | 来了 |
[1:42:32] | – Holy shit!Jesus Christ!- Fuck. Fuck. | -天哪!上帝!-靠 靠 |
[1:42:36] | God it’s fucking freezing out there! | 上帝 我他妈的在哪儿快冻僵了 |
[1:42:39] | – God yeah.- Vicodin. Where’s the Vicodin? | – 天哪 是- Vicodin呢. 哪儿有 Vicodin? |
[1:42:42] | Uh– | 呃– |
[1:42:47] | Oh.[ Panting ] | 噢 |
[1:42:50] | Here. | 给 |
[1:42:52] | Oh. Oh. | 噢 哦 |
[1:42:57] | Fucking chick’s married man. | 操他妈的那个妞已经结婚了 |
[1:42:59] | What? | 什么? |
[1:43:02] | Her husband works the night shift and hecomes home and catches me on the floor… | 她老公上夜班 他回家在地板上抓住我们… |
[1:43:04] | with my cock in his wife’s ass. | 我的小弟弟在她老婆屁股里 |
[1:43:07] | Oh Jesus Christ.Jesus.Jack! | 噢 上帝 上帝 Jack! |
[1:43:11] | – And you walked all the way from Solvang?- No ran. | -你一路从Solvang走回来的?-不是 是跑回来的 |
[1:43:14] | Twisted my ankle too. | 脚腕也扭了 |
[1:43:16] | – That’s five klicks Jack.- Fuckin’-A right it’s five klicks. | -那可有5公里啊 Jack.-他妈的 对 有5公里 |
[1:43:19] | At one point I had to cutthrough an ostrich farm. | 有一段我还得穿过一个鸵鸟牧场 |
[1:43:23] | – Those fuckers are mean.- [ Giggling ] | 那些鸵鸟够狠 |
[1:43:33] | Whoo! | 呜! |
[1:43:37] | – Oh.! [ Laughing ]- We gotta go back. | – 哦- 我们还得回去 |
[1:43:41] | [ Chuckles ]What? | 什么? |
[1:43:43] | We gotta go back. I left my wallet. | 我们得回去我把钱包落在那里了 |
[1:43:47] | Credit cards cash my fucking I.D. | 信用卡 现金 他妈的身份证 |
[1:43:49] | – Everything. We gotta go back.- Big deal. It’s fine. | – 所有的东西我们得回去- 很严重没关系 |
[1:43:51] | Don’t worry about it. We’ll call nowand we’ll cancel your cards. | 别担心我们现在就打电话把你的卡都取消 |
[1:43:55] | No Miles you don’t understand.The wedding rings. | 不行 Miles 你不明白我的结婚戒指 |
[1:43:58] | The wedding rings are in my wallet. | 结婚戒指在我的钱包里 |
[1:44:00] | Fine they’re in your wallet and youleft your wallet in some bar okay? | 没关系 在你钱包里你把钱包丢在某个酒吧里了 行不行? |
[1:44:05] | – Christine will understand.- She had to order them special. | – Christine 会理解的.- 她特别定制的两个戒指 |
[1:44:07] | It took her forever to find ’em. | 她花了很长很长时间才挑到的 |
[1:44:09] | They’ve got this design of dolphinsand our names engraved in Sanskrit. | 那上面有海豚的设计 有梵语刻的名字 |
[1:44:14] | We gotta go back man.Christine will fucking crucify me Miles. | 我们得回去 兄弟Christine 会把我钉死在十字架上 Miles. |
[1:44:17] | No way no way no way. | 不可能 不可能 不可能 |
[1:44:19] | Please. Please! | 求求你了 求求你了! |
[1:44:22] | Forget it.Your wallet was stolen in some bar. | 算了吧你的钱包在酒吧被偷了 |
[1:44:25] | – It happens every day.- No we gotta go back and get my wallet Miles. | 我跟你说 那两个戒指是不可取代的 |
[1:44:28] | I’m telling you those rings are irreplaceable. | -这种事情每天都有-不行 我们必须得回去把钱包拿回来 Miles. |
[1:44:32] | Look I know I fucked up okay?I know I fucked up. | 看 我知道我自己有多糟 好么?我知道把事情搞砸了 |
[1:44:35] | – But you’ve gotta help me.- Yeah. | -但你得帮帮我-是的 |
[1:44:37] | You’ve gotta help me Miles please.! Please.! | 你必须得帮我 Miles.求你了 求你了! |
[1:44:41] | I can’t lose Christine Miles. | 我不能失去Christine Miles. |
[1:44:43] | I just– I can’t.I can’t lose Christine. | 我真的–不能我不能失去Christine |
[1:44:46] | – Mm-hmm.- I know I fucked up. | – 呒呒- 我知道我搞砸了 |
[1:44:48] | I know I did a bad thing all right?And I know I’m a bad person. | 我知道我干了坏事 行不行?我知道我是个坏蛋 |
[1:44:52] | I know I am. But you gotta help me!You have to help me Miles. | 我知道我是但是你得帮我你必须得帮我 Miles. |
[1:44:57] | Okay? Tell me you’ll help me. | 好不好?告诉我你会帮我的 |
[1:45:00] | If I lose Christine I-I-I– | 如果我失去了Christine 我-我– |
[1:45:03] | I’m nothing. | 我什么都不是了 |
[1:45:05] | I just have– I’m nothing. | 我真的-我什么都不是了 |
[1:45:09] | [ Sobbing ]God. | 天哪 |
[1:45:11] | – [ Miles ] Did she tell you she was married?- Yeah. | -她有没有告诉你她结婚了?-说了 |
[1:45:14] | So what the fuck were you thinking? | 那你她妈的是怎么想的? |
[1:45:16] | Wasn’t supposed to be back till 6:00.Fucker rolls in at 5:00. | 他本来说是6:00回来的结果5:00就滚回来了 |
[1:45:19] | [ Miles ]Cutting it a little close don’t you think? | 卡时间卡得有点紧 你不觉得么? |
[1:45:23] | – This is the block.- You sure? | -就是这片-你确定? |
[1:45:25] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:45:30] | That’s it. That’s it. | 就是这个 就是这个 |
[1:45:32] | That’s the one right there. | 绝对是这个 |
[1:45:34] | – Yeah?- Yeah. | -是么?-是的 |
[1:45:37] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:45:41] | All right.Okay so what’s the plan? | 好了那 你打算怎么办? |
[1:45:46] | Uh the plan is… | 呃 我打算… |
[1:45:49] | you go. | 你去 |
[1:45:51] | – Me?- ‘Cause of my ankle. | -我?-因为我的脚腕 |
[1:45:54] | Still hurts.Just go explainthe situation Miles. | 还很疼你去解释一下情况 Miles |
[1:45:57] | [ Laughs ]Explain the situation. Yes. | 解释情况是么 |
[1:46:00] | “Excuse me sir. My friend was the oneballing your wife a couple of hours ago. | “对不起 先生我的朋友就是两个小时前操你老婆的那个 |
[1:46:04] | “Really sorry. He seems tohave left his wallet behind. | “很抱歉他好像把钱包落在这儿了 |
[1:46:07] | I was wondering if I could come inand just poke around. I don’t know.” | “我想我能不能进去四处找找 我不知道” |
[1:46:10] | – Yeah just like that. That’s good.- Oh for Christ’s sake. | – 对 就像那样 挺不错的- 哦 看在上帝的份儿上 |
[1:46:16] | Oh fuck it! I’ll go.I guess I have to do everything. | 哦 去他妈的!我去什么事都得我做 |
[1:46:20] | No. Hold on. | 别等一下 |
[1:48:10] | [ Man ] You think I don’t fuck you bitch?I’m fucking you now. | 你以为我不会操你么 婊子?我现在就操你 |
[1:48:13] | I’m a bad girl. I’m a bad girl.! | 我是个坏女人我是个坏女人 |
[1:48:16] | You picked him up and you fucked him didn’t you bitch? | 你把他捡回来操他 是不是 婊子? |
[1:48:19] | Yeah I picked him up and I fucked him.I’m a bad girl.! | 是的 我把他捡回来操他我是个坏女人 |
[1:48:23] | You liked fucking him didn’t you you little whore? | 你喜欢操他 是不是 你这个妓女? |
[1:48:25] | I liked it when you caught me fucking him!Oh yes! Oh yeah! | 我就喜欢你抓住我操他!Oh yes! Oh yeah! |
[1:48:30] | You are a bad bitch. | 你这个臭婊子 |
[1:48:32] | – Yeah you caught me.- You’re such a whore. | – 对 你抓住我- 你这个妓女 |
[1:48:34] | Oh yeah.! | 哦 对! |
[1:48:37] | – Oh baby.- Oh it’s so good.! | – 哦 baby.- 哦 真好! |
[1:48:42] | [ Cammi ]I fucked him. | 我操了他 |
[1:48:44] | – [ Man ] You’re so bad.- I am. Yeah. | – 你够坏- 是的 是的 |
[1:48:49] | [ Groaning ]You are such a whore. | 你这个妓女 |
[1:48:53] | – What the fuck.!- The wallet.! He’s got Derek’s wallet.! | – 他妈的怎么了?- 钱包!他把Derek的钱包拿走了! |
[1:48:57] | [ Radio:Man ] I think theywere surprised by the level of protest… | [收音机:我想他们对抗议的严重程度感到震惊] |
[1:49:00] | that was really happeningwithin the company. | [这些事情居然真的在公司发生了] |
[1:49:03] | The injustice may be their plan and they said “Well we can’tjust go–“ | [他们要讨回公道 他们说我们不能就这样算了–] |
[1:49:08] | – Oh! Here’s your wallet! Oh shit!- Motherfucker! | – 哦 给你的钱包!哦 妈的!- 操你妈的! |
[1:49:12] | – [ Grunting ]- Open the goddamn door! | 他妈的开门 |
[1:49:15] | – I’m gonna kill your ass.!- You got it.! You got my wallet.! | – 我要杀了你 傻瓜!- 你拿到了!你拿到我的钱包了! |
[1:49:17] | I’ll find you! I will find you bub!I’ll find your ass! | 我会找到你的!我会找到你的 小家伙!我会找到你这个傻瓜的! |
[1:49:22] | You’re mine man! You’re mine! | 你逃不了的 你逃不了! |
[1:49:25] | Fuck you.! I’m gonna get your ass.! | 操你妈的!我会抓住你的! |
[1:49:59] | – You wanna let me drive?- No it’s all right. I got it. | – 你想让我开么?- 不用 这样很好我来开 |
[1:50:03] | Hey you know you oughtainvite Maya to the wedding. | 嘿 你知道 你应该请Maya一起去婚礼 |
[1:50:07] | Hmm. | 呒 |
[1:50:09] | Somehow I thinkinviting Maya to the wedding… | 我觉得请Maya去婚礼… |
[1:50:12] | is not the right moveat this juncture. | 在这个节骨眼上不合适 |
[1:50:15] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:50:17] | In fact after all of your shenanigans… | 其实 在你那些骗剧之后… |
[1:50:19] | it’s gonna be hard for meto ever go to The Hitching Post again. | 我觉得再去The Hitching Post都困难 |
[1:50:22] | You know there was a nice wayto respond to that. | 你知道 应该有个好点的方式回答我 |
[1:50:25] | – Come on. Let me drive.- No I got it. You should rest. | – 来吧 让我来开- 不 我来开你应该休息 |
[1:50:29] | You know what? I feel like driving. | 你猜怎么着?我很想开 |
[1:50:32] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:50:34] | Uh… hey put on your seat belt okay? | 呃…嘿 把安全带系好 好么? |
[1:50:37] | I was just about to.What’s the problem? | 我正要系呢有什么问题么? |
[1:50:40] | -Just want to remind you to be safe.- We missed the entrance. | – 只想提醒你注意安全- 我们错过入口了 |
[1:50:44] | What are you doing Jack?Hey hey hey hey! | 你要干什么 Jack?嘿 嘿 嘿 嘿! |
[1:50:47] | – Whoa whoa whoa! What the hell are you doing?- Hang on. | – 喔 喔 你到底要干什么?- 等一下. |
[1:50:49] | Jack! Jack! | |
[1:50:52] | What the fuck! | 他妈的怎么搞得? |
[1:50:54] | – You said it looked like an accident.- What the fuck! | – 你说的看起来像出了交通事故- 他妈的! |
[1:50:57] | I’ll pay for it. | 我会出钱的. |
[1:50:59] | Jesus. Christ Jack!Oh for Ch– Look at this! | 上帝啊 Jack!哦 你看看这儿! |
[1:51:04] | – Huh.- Oh. | – 嗯- 哦 |
[1:51:07] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[1:51:09] | Doesn’t look like anyonewas injured in this one. | 好像这样车里的人不会受伤 |
[1:51:13] | No. No. | 不会吧 不 |
[1:51:15] | – Watch your head.- Yeah. | – 注意你的头- 好的 |
[1:51:18] | Boy you broke a couple of’em you know. | 天哪 你弄断了好几处 你知道么 |
[1:51:21] | – Whatever. Sorry.- No no no. It’s not “whatever.” | – 随便 对不起-不行 不行 不行这个不能”随便” |
[1:51:24] | You fuckin’ derelict. | 你他妈的废物 |
[1:51:27] | You ready? | 准备好了么? |
[1:51:29] | Just get it over with. | 一不做二不休 |
[1:52:13] | Okeydoke. All right. | 好了 好了 |
[1:52:17] | Well I guess that’s about it. | 嗯 我想就这样了 |
[1:52:20] | – Want to come inside?- Uh no. No you’re on your own. | – 想进去么?- 哦 不了不了 全靠你自己了 |
[1:52:26] | All right. I guessI’ll see you at the rehearsal. | 好吧我想晚餐预演的时候再见 |
[1:52:29] | Yup. | 是的 |
[1:52:32] | – [ Laughing ]- I love you man. | 我爱你 兄弟 |
[1:52:35] | Yeah. Back at ya. | 是的我也爱你 |
[1:52:37] | – Miles don’t drive away until they see the car.- I know I know I know. | – Miles 等他们看到你的车再开走- 我知道 我知道 我知道 |
[1:52:42] | Hey wait a second. Wait a second.How come I wasn’t hurt? | 嘿 等一下 等一下为什么我没有受伤? |
[1:52:45] | ‘Cause you were wearing your seat belt. | 因为你系安全带了 |
[1:52:51] | Nicely done. | 没破绽了 |
[1:53:13] | – Hi.-Jack. | – 嗨-Jack. |
[1:53:15] | – Yeah.- Uh Christine Mike! | – 是的- 呃 Christine Mike! |
[1:54:06] | Amen. | 阿门 |
[1:55:30] | Hey Miles. | 嘿 Miles. |
[1:55:33] | Hi Vicki.Wow you look beautiful. | 嗨 Vicki.喔 你真美 |
[1:55:38] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:55:40] | Um this is Ken Cortland my husband. | 嗯 这是 Ken Cortland 我丈夫. |
[1:55:43] | – How are you?- How are you? | -你好-你好 |
[1:55:45] | – Good thanks.- Yeah yeah. Nice to meet you. | -很好 谢谢-是的 是的很高兴见到你 |
[1:55:47] | – You’re a lucky guy.- Yes I am. Thank you. | -你很幸运-是的 我是的谢谢 |
[1:55:50] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[1:55:52] | Well I’ll just wait for you at the car. | 那 我在车里等你了 |
[1:55:55] | – It was great meeting you Miles.- Ken. | – 很高兴见到你 Miles.- Ken. |
[1:56:02] | – Well that was big of him.- Yeah he’s good that way. | – 嗯 他可真大度- 是啊 他这方面很好 |
[1:56:06] | – He’s very considerate.- That’s great. | – 他很替人着想- 那很好 |
[1:56:10] | So how are you doing? | 你怎么样了? |
[1:56:12] | Since the last time we spoke?I don’t know. | 可能好些了 也可能更糟了 |
[1:56:15] | Could be better. Could be worse. | 你怎么样了? |
[1:56:19] | – So what’s happening with your book?- Um universally rejected. | – 那你的书怎么样了?- 呒 很不幸被拒了 |
[1:56:23] | – Strike three.- Oh Miles that’s awful. | – 事不过三- 哦 Miles 太糟糕了 |
[1:56:28] | What are you gonna do? | 你打算怎么办? |
[1:56:30] | Back to the drawing board I guess. Or not. | 回到讲台上 我想 或者不 |
[1:56:34] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:56:36] | So anyway you’re married. | 嗯 不管怎样 你结婚了 |
[1:56:39] | Congratulations. You look happy. | 恭喜 你看上去很幸福 |
[1:56:43] | – I am.- Good. | – 我是幸福的- 很好 |
[1:56:45] | Seems like everybody’s getting married. | 看起来每个人都结婚了 |
[1:56:48] | Last year was all divorces.This year it’s all weddings. | 去年都是离婚的今年都是结婚的 |
[1:56:52] | – Cyclical I guess.- I guess. | – 周期性的 我想- 是的 |
[1:57:01] | Well uh what do you saywe hit the reception? | 嗯 我们一起参加招待会怎么样? |
[1:57:04] | Have some champagne toast the newlyweds huh? | 喝点香槟 给新人们祝词 嗯? |
[1:57:07] | Not me. I’m not drinking. | 我不行 我不喝酒了 |
[1:57:09] | You quit drinking. Really? | 你诫酒了 真的? |
[1:57:13] | I’m pregnant. | 我怀孕了 |
[1:57:17] | I see. | 明白了 |
[1:57:20] | Yes I see. Great. | 嗯 明白了 很好 |
[1:57:25] | Well congratulations again Vicki. | 那 再次恭喜你 Vicki |
[1:57:28] | Boy that’s wonderful news. | 天哪 这可是个好消息 |
[1:57:33] | – See you over there Miles?- Yeah. | – 那边见 Miles?- 好的. |
[1:59:40] | Hmm. | 嗯. |
[1:59:47] | [ Boy ] “‘The marrow ofhis bone ‘I repeated aimlessly. | “他的骨髓 “我漫无目的的重复着 |
[1:59:51] | “This at last penetrated my mind. | 这 至少 穿透了我的心灵 |
[1:59:53] | “Phineas had diedfrom the marrow of his bone… | Phineas已经死了 从他的骨髓中 |
[1:59:57] | “flowing down his bloodstreamto his heart. | 鲜血流向他的心脏 |
[2:00:00] | “I did not cry then or ever about Finny. | 我并没有哭 也没有为Finny哭 |
[2:00:03] | “I did not cry even when I stood… | 我甚至在葬礼上都没有哭 站在那里… |
[2:00:07] | “watching him being lowered intohis family’s straitlaced burial ground… | 看着他被放进他家波士顿外… |
[2:00:10] | “outside of Boston. | 刻板的家庭墓地里 |
[2:00:12] | “I could not escape the feelingthat this was my own funeral… | 我无法逃脱这种感觉 好像这是我自己的葬礼… |
[2:00:16] | and you do not cry in that case. “ | 而你是不会在自己的葬礼上哭的 |
[2:00:20] | Should I keep readingthe next chapter Mr. Raymond? | 我要不要继续读下一章?Raymond先生? |
[2:00:23] | Uh no no.We’ll pick up there Monday. | 呃 不用 不用我们下周一再继续 |
[2:01:14] | [ Male Voice Electronic ]One new message. | 您有一条留言 |
[2:01:17] | [ Maya ]Hello Miles. It’s Maya. | 你好 Miles. 是 Maya. |
[2:01:21] | Thanks for your letter. | 谢谢你的信 |
[2:01:24] | I-I would have called sooner… | 我-我应该早点打电话… |
[2:01:26] | but I think I needed some time to thinkabout everything that happened… | 但我需要些时间想一想已经发生的一切… |
[2:01:29] | and what you wrote to me. | 还有你写给我的东西 |
[2:01:32] | Another reason um I didn’t call you sooner… | 还有一个原因 呃 我没有早点打… |
[2:01:35] | is because I wanted to finish your book which I finally did last night. | 是因为我想读完你的小说 我昨晚终于读完了 |
[2:01:39] | And I think it’s really lovely Miles. | 我真的认为很棒 Miles |
[2:01:42] | You’re so good with words. | 你用词很娴熟 |
[2:01:44] | Who caresif it’s not getting published? | 谁在乎到底有没有被出版啊? |
[2:01:47] | There are so many beautifuland… painful things about it. | 里面有很多很美…很伤感的东西 |
[2:01:53] | Did you really go through all that? | 你真的都经历过么? |
[2:01:55] | Must have been awful. | 一定很痛苦 |
[2:01:58] | And the sister character–geez what a wreck. | 还有姐姐那个人物–天哪 真是落魄 |
[2:02:03] | But I have to say that well I was really confused by the ending. | 但是我得说 嗯 结尾让人很迷惑 |
[2:02:08] | I mean did the fatherfinally commit suicide or what? | 我的意思是 那个父亲到底是自杀了还是怎么回事? |
[2:02:11] | It’s driving me crazy. | 都让我想疯了 |
[2:02:16] | Anyway… | 反正… |
[2:02:18] | it’s turned cold and rainy here lately… | 这里最近变冷了 经常下雨… |
[2:02:22] | but I like winter. | 但是我喜欢冬天 |
[2:02:25] | So listen if you ever do decide to comeup here again you should let me know. | 嗯 听着 如果你还想过来的话 你应该告诉我一声 |
[2:02:30] | I would say stop by the restaurant but to tell you the truth… | 我是说去我们餐厅 不过说实话… |
[2:02:33] | I’m not sure how much longerI’m gonna be working there… | 我也不知道我还会在那里工作多久… |
[2:02:35] | because I’m going to graduate soon. | 因为我快毕业了. |
[2:02:37] | So I’ll probably want to relocate. | 所以可能我会换个地方. |
[2:02:40] | I mean we’ll see. | 我是说 再看吧. |
[2:02:43] | Anyway like I said I really loved your novel. | 反正 就像我说的 我真的很喜欢的你的小说. |
[2:02:48] | Don’t give up Miles.Keep writing. | 别放弃 Miles.继续写下去 |
[2:02:53] | I hope you’re well. | 希望你一切都好 |
[2:02:56] | Bye. | 再见 |