英文名称:Finding Neverland
年代:2004
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:18] | -Lights up! -Beginners, please! | -灯光! -开场人员准备! |
[00:20] | -Your five-minute call, sir. -Places. | -还有五分钟结束准备! -就位 |
[00:22] | Places. Everyone to their places. | 就位! 大家各就各位! |
[00:25] | Quiet everyone. | 嘘! 安静一下! |
[00:26] | Opening nights? I love opening nights. | 首场公演? 我爱首场公演! |
[00:30] | -How are you? Good to see you. -Good evening, Charles. | -你好吗? 很高兴见到你 -晚安 查尔斯 |
[00:33] | -Sir Herbert, how are you? -This is my wife. | -贺伯先生 你好吗? -这是我太太 |
[00:35] | -Oh, Lady Herbert. -How do you do? | -贺伯太太 -你好吗? |
[00:37] | May I give you a peck? | 需要我为您准备茶点吗? |
[00:38] | One of Mr Barrie’s finest? | 又是贝瑞先生的得意之作吗? |
[00:40] | Oh, that genius Scotsman has done it again. | 又是这个不可思议的苏格兰人 |
[00:41] | It’s the best thing I’ve produced in 25 years. | 这是我25年来最好的一出戏了 |
[00:44] | I already have investors interested back home in New York. | 在纽约也有投资者感兴趣准备公演 |
[00:46] | See you on Broadway! | 那么我们百老汇见吧! |
[01:04] | First positions, people. | 各就各位 大家 |
[01:08] | Standing by, please, ladies and gentlemen. | 到舞台就位了 女士们 先生们 |
[01:11] | If you could take your opening positions, please. | 尽快到开场位置去就位 |
[01:17] | Beginners, please take your opening positions. | 开场人员们 请到你们的开场位置就位 |
[01:21] | Audience are coming in. Standing by. | 观众们已经入席了 准备好 |
[01:28] | -Good audience. -Sorry? | -上座率非常高 -抱歉你说什么? |
[01:29] | Good audience tonight. | 今晚上座率很高 |
[01:31] | OK. That’s great, thank you. How much longer? | 好…很好 谢谢 还有多久正式演出? |
[01:34] | Um, ten minutes, sir. | 恩…10分钟左右 先生 |
[01:38] | I love opening nights. | 我爱死首场公演了 |
[01:41] | I want to dance with your wife at the after-party. | 我真想邀请您的夫人 在公演后的舞会上跳支舞 |
[01:43] | -Oh, my goodness. -Good evening, Mr Frohman. | -我的天啊! -晚上好 弗罗曼先生! |
[01:45] | -How are you, John? -Very well. | -你好吗 约翰? -承蒙关心 非常好! |
[01:47] | It’s the best thing that I’ve produced in 25 years. | 这是我25年来最好的一出戏了 |
[01:50] | -Hello, George. How are you? -Healthy and wealthy, I see. | -乔治! 最近过的怎么样? -老样子 有钱有闲 |
[01:52] | You’ve rearranged a holiday for me and I won’t forget it. | 你推迟假期给我捧场 我真是受宠若惊 |
[01:54] | -For you, Charles, anything. -You won’t regret it. | -为你啥都愿意 -保证不会让你失望 |
[01:55] | I’m sure. | 一定不会 |
[01:56] | -Have you got the tickets? -They’re in my pocket. | -公演的票带了吗? -在我的口袋里呢 |
[02:00] | -There’s Mrs Barrie. -Oh, Mr and Mrs Snow. | -贝瑞夫人! -斯诺先生和太太 |
[02:04] | We were so hoping to speak with your husband before the show. | 真希望在公演前 能有幸和您丈夫说上两句 |
[02:08] | -Have you seen him? -I’m not sure where he is, actually. | -您知道他在哪吗 -其实我并不太清楚他在哪 |
[02:30] | We do miss seeing you on stage. You were so wonderful. | 我们非常怀念您过去的演出 演的太棒了 |
[02:34] | Yes, well, it’s been some time now. Are you right to find your seat? | 谢谢 不过都是过去的事了 你们能找到座位吗 |
[02:39] | Oh, yes, yes. | 当然 |
[02:41] | See you at the party, then. | 那…公演后的舞会见 |
[02:45] | Excuse me. Could you find Mr Barrie | 对不起 您能否去找一下贝瑞先生 |
[02:46] | and remind him that they’re doing his play this evening. | 提醒他今晚可都是来看他的公演 |
[02:49] | -Yes, ma’am. -Thank you. | -好的 太太 -谢谢 |
[03:13] | Let’s close the doors. | 把门关起来吧 |
[03:56] | Really, I mustn’t inconvenience you in this way. | 说真的 我在这一定打搅您了 |
[03:58] | I can wait quite well in the shop. | 我还是回到店里去比较好些 |
[04:00] | ‘Tis no inconvenience. The shop is chilly. And there is a fire here. | 请不必放在心上 店里好冷 这有火取暖 |
[04:05] | Really, you are uncommonly good. | 您可真是个大好人 |
[04:06] | Sorry, sir. | 打扰一下 先生 |
[04:09] | Mrs Barrie wanted me to remind you that the play’s begun. | 贝瑞太太希望我转告您 表演已经开始了 |
[04:12] | -Though I imagine you know that. -They hate it. | -不过我想您已经知道了 -他们不喜欢它 |
[04:15] | -Sir? -It’s like a dentist’s office out there. Why? | -您说什么 -他们的表情就像是看牙医一样痛苦 为啥 |
[04:19] | -I wouldn’t say they hate it, sir. -What do you think? Do you like it? | -我不认为他们讨厌它 -你怎么看? 你喜欢这出戏吗 |
[04:25] | -I’ve just been hired here, sir. -Yes or no? I’m not bothered. | -我才来这工作没多久 -喜欢还是不喜欢 说实话 |
[04:27] | -I’m not really qualified to…-Do you like it? Is it crap? | -我想我还没资格… -你喜欢它吗 它是不是糟透了 |
[04:32] | -Crap, sir? -Go on, say it. Just say it. | -糟透了? 先生 -来吧 说出你的感受 |
[04:34] | It’s shite, isn’t it? Go on. Say it. | 简直是垃圾 对吗? 来吧 说出来 |
[04:36] | -Don’t know if I’m…-“It’s bull’s pizzle, Mr Barrie.” Go on, say it. | -我不知是否应该…-跟我说”简直乏味极了 贝瑞先生” |
[04:39] | -It’s bull’s pizzle, Mr Barrie. -I knew it. | -简直乏味极了 贝瑞先生 -我就知道 |
[04:41] | -No, I haven’t even seen it. -I knew it. Thank you. | -不 我是按照您的要求才这么说的 -我明白 谢谢 |
[04:45] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[04:50] | Might I knock a tune, milord, for a moment? | 大人 我能有幸为你奏一支曲子吗? |
[04:57] | I’m an old man… | 我已经老了… |
[04:58] | and I’ve seen few of the sights. | 没见过什么大场面 |
[05:18] | Absolute rubbish from start to finish. | 彻头彻尾的垃圾 |
[05:20] | Yes, I found it fearfully dull. | 完全正确 极度乏味 |
[05:22] | Say goodbye to your investment, old boy. | 和你的投资说再见吧 老朋友 |
[05:24] | Good to see you. My apologies. | 请接受的歉意 还是很高兴您能来 |
[05:27] | We’ll get them with the next one, Charles, I promise. | 我保证下出戏我们会赚回来的 查尔斯 |
[05:28] | -Of course we will, James. -I know you put a lot into this one. | -当然 詹姆斯 -我知道这次你花了一大笔钱 |
[05:32] | A fortune, James, but I am fortunate because I can afford to lose a fortune. | 确实数目不小 幸运的是我还负担得起 |
[05:36] | -Can you? -No, I can’t. How are you? | -真得? -开玩笑的! 你好吗? |
[05:39] | -Arthur. -James. | -亚瑟 -詹姆斯 |
[05:41] | You were sorely missed at the last club meeting. | 上次的俱乐部聚会大家都很想你们 |
[05:43] | Was I? | 真的吗? |
[05:44] | We were beginning to wonder which is your hobby, writing or cricket. | 我们都开始怀疑到底你爱哪样多一些 写作还是板球? |
[05:48] | You wanted to speak with Mr Barrie, didn’t you? | 您想和贝瑞先生聊上两句吗? |
[05:50] | Oh yes, but we shouldn’t interrupt them, should we? | 非常愿意 但我们不应该打断他们 对吗? |
[05:53] | I don’t see why not. | 为何不可呢? |
[05:55] | If you ask me, the problem lies in our batting order. | 如果你问的意见的话 我想问题出在我们的击球顺序上 |
[05:59] | -James. -Hello, darling. | -詹姆斯 -亲爱的! |
[06:01] | You remember Mr and Mrs Snow, don’t you? | 记得斯诺先生和太太吗? |
[06:02] | -Mrs Snow. -Mr Barrie. | -斯诺太太 -贝瑞先生 |
[06:04] | Mr Snow. | 斯诺先生 |
[06:06] | The Snows have been waiting to meet with you all evening. | 他们等了你一个晚上 |
[06:08] | -Oh, yes. -Is that right? | -是的 -是真的吗? |
[06:11] | Your play this evening, it was remarkable, wasn’t it? | 您今晚的戏实在是太棒了 不是吗? |
[06:17] | Was it? | 是吗? |
[06:19] | Well, thank you. That’s very kind of you. I’m glad you liked it. | 谢谢 我很高兴你们喜欢它 |
[06:27] | How did you feel it went? | 您自己认为如何? |
[06:30] | -I think I can do better. -Really? | -我想有些细节不尽人意 -真的? |
[06:48] | -Mary? Hello? -Yes, James? | -玛丽? -怎么了 詹姆斯? |
[06:52] | I’m headed off for the park if you’d like to join me. It’s a beautiful morning. | 我想去公园散步 你要一起去吗 天气很不错 |
[06:57] | You’ll be working, won’t you? | 你准备去那写作 不是吗? |
[07:00] | Perhaps, yes. | 也许吧… |
[07:03] | I’ll let you to your work then. | 那我就不去打扰你了 |
[07:13] | -Morning, Mr Barrie. -Morning, Emma. | -早上好 贝瑞先生 -早上好 爱玛 |
[07:19] | -Have a good day, sir. -And you. | -祝您今天好运 先生 -您也是 |
[07:22] | That’s it. Go on, boy. Go get it, boy. | 就是这样 追上去 去捡起来 好的 |
[07:27] | That’s right. Good boy. Grab it. Good. | 就是这样 就这样 捡起来 |
[08:00] | Who do you belong to? Come on, boy. Come on. | 你的主人是谁? 过来 乖孩子 到这来 |
[08:07] | Excuse me, sir, you’re standing on my sleeve. | 抱歉打扰你 先生 但您睬到我的袖子了 |
[08:11] | Am I? So sorry. | 是吗? 对不起 |
[08:15] | I might point out you’re lying under my bench. | 但我必须告诉你 你可是躺在我的长凳下 |
[08:18] | I have to, I’m afraid. | 我不得不这样做 因为我很害怕 |
[08:20] | I’ve been put in a dungeon by the evil Prince George. | 我被邪恶的乔治王子打入了地牢 |
[08:24] | I’m sorry if it bothers you. | 如果打扰到您我很抱歉 |
[08:27] | Well, if you’re trapped in the dungeon, | 既然你是被困在地牢中 |
[08:29] | there isn’t much to be done now, is there? | 我想你也是身不由己吧 |
[08:31] | Perhaps I could slide a key to you through the bars. | 也许我可以偷偷的给你塞把钥匙 |
[08:33] | I wouldn’t risk it, sir. | 我并不想冒险把你牵扯进来 |
[08:36] | The evil Prince George has tortured many men. | 邪恶的乔治王子已经折磨了太多人 |
[08:39] | I’m sorry. Is he bothering you, sir? | 对不起 他打扰您了吗? 先生 |
[08:41] | My brother can be an extremely irritating sort of person. | 我的弟弟是一个爱捣蛋的淘气鬼 |
[08:45] | Aha, Prince George, I gather. | 啊..我想你就是乔治王子 |
[08:47] | I understand you are the horrible tyrant who imprisoned this unfortunate wretch. | 你就是这个 把这不幸的人投入地牢的暴君吧 |
[08:52] | I’m not horrible really, but a firm ruler, yes. Kind and tolerant. | 并没那么可怕 我是个沉稳仁慈好心肠的人 |
[08:56] | And what precisely is…What did you say your name was? | 那究竟…你刚才说你叫什么名字? |
[08:59] | -Michael. -What precisely is Michael’s crime? | -麦克 -麦克到底犯了什么罪呢? |
[09:02] | -He’s my younger brother. -Ah. | -因为他是我弟弟 -啊… |
[09:05] | -Fair enough. Sorry, lad. Cannot free you. -That’s all right. | -原来如此 抱歉 年轻人 不能放你出去 -没事 |
[09:10] | -Do you mind us playing with your dog? -No. Go on. | -您介意我们和您的狗玩一会吗 -当然不 去吧 |
[09:13] | This is Jack, second in line to the throne and that one’s Michael. He’s only five. | 这是杰克 排行第二 那是麦克 他才五岁 |
[09:17] | And I’m in prison for it. | 就因为这个我才坐牢 |
[09:20] | -I’m so sorry. Are my boys bothering you? -We’re not bothering him, Mum. | -抱歉 我的孩子有没打扰到您 -我们没打扰他 |
[09:24] | Michael, darling, come out from under there. | 麦克 亲爱的 快从那下面出来 |
[09:26] | I can’t. I’m in prison. | 那怎么行 我是一个囚犯 |
[09:29] | Oh, I see. | 喔 我明白了… |
[09:31] | JM Barrie. Pleased to meet you. | 詹姆斯 贝瑞 很高兴认识你 |
[09:33] | JM Barrie, the author? A pleasure. Sylvia Llewelyn Davies. | 那个作家詹姆斯? 我的荣幸 西维亚·戴维斯 |
[09:37] | -Are you a writer? -I am. | -你是一个作家? -是的 |
[09:39] | He’s a playwright, Jack. Quite a famous one, at that. | 他是舞台剧作家 那舞台剧方面相当出名 |
[09:42] | -I apologize. I imagine you’re writing. -No. Not at all. | -很抱歉 我想您也许正在创作 -不 别这么说 |
[09:44] | -Where’s Peter? -What have you written, Mr Barrie? | -彼得呢? -你在写些什么 贝瑞先生? |
[09:48] | Well, currently, I make my living entertaining princes and their courts | 最近…我是在依靠娱乐达官贵人们为生 |
[09:55] | with my trained bear, Porthos. | 用我那只训练有素的…熊 波索 |
[09:57] | If you command your brother, Peter, to join us, | 如果你命令你的弟弟彼得来加入我们 |
[09:59] | I am willing, Prince George, to give you just such a performance | 乔治王子 我很乐意为您做些表演 |
[10:03] | in exchange for the freedom of this prisoner, of course. | 就当作是释放这个可怜的囚犯的交换吧 |
[10:06] | -Very well. -Very well. | -我答应你了 -很好 |
[10:08] | Now… | 现在… |
[10:10] | I want you to pay particular attention to the teeth. | 我要你特别当心你的牙齿 |
[10:17] | Some unscrupulous trainers will show you a bear whose teeth have all been pulled, | 最残忍的训兽师会把动物的牙齿都拔光 |
[10:22] | while other cowards will force the brute into a muzzle. | 或者是给动物们戴上口罩 |
[10:27] | Only the true master would attempt these tricks without either measure of safety. | 真正的大师才不在乎这些安全措施 |
[10:35] | -What did you bring me over here for? -Peter. | -你把我拉来这里干什么? -彼得 |
[10:38] | This is absurd. It’s just a dog. | 这太荒谬了 那只是一支狗 |
[10:43] | Come on, darling. | 别这样 亲爱的 |
[10:46] | “Just a dog”? “Just”? | “只是一支狗”? “只是”? |
[10:50] | Porthos, don’t listen to him. | 波索 别听他瞎说 |
[10:52] | Porthos dreams of being a bear | 波索一直梦想着变成一只熊 |
[10:54] | and you want to dash those dreams by saying he’s “just a dog”? | 你却无情的说出 “只不过是只狗”… |
[10:59] | What a horrible, candle-snuffing word. | 多么让人伤心和扼腕的词语啊… |
[11:01] | That’s like saying, “He can’t climb that mountain, he’s just a man.” | 那就好像是说 “他不可能爬过那座山 他只是个人” |
[11:06] | Or, “That’s not a diamond, it’s just a rock.” | 或者是 “那才不是钻石 只不过是块石头” |
[11:11] | “Just.” | “只是”? |
[11:15] | Fine then. Turn him into a bear. If you can. | 好啊 那你就把它变熊 如果你做得到的话 |
[11:21] | Peter, where are your manners? | 彼得 注意你的礼貌 |
[11:23] | With those eyes, my bonny lad, I’m afraid you’d never see it. | 仔细看吧 我的孩子 保证让你大开眼界 |
[11:28] | However, with just a wee bit of imagination, | 不过…这需要你有一点想象的空间 |
[11:33] | I can turn around right now and see… | 当我转过身 我就看到了… |
[11:37] | the great bear, Porthos. | 巨熊波索 |
[11:41] | Dance with me. | 和我跳支舞吧! |
[12:44] | Thank you. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a performance quite like it. | 谢谢 我想过去我从来没看过像这样的表演 |
[12:48] | We’re here every day, and the bear is always more than happy to perform. | 我们每天都会随时乐意为您再次演出 |
[12:53] | Well, perhaps we’ll see you here tomorrow then. | 也许我们明天会再见面的 |
[12:55] | Perhaps. | 也许 |
[12:57] | -Peter, jump up please, darling. Quick. -Bye. | -彼得 快起来吧 亲爱的 -再见 |
[13:00] | Bye. | 再见 |
[13:03] | -Peter, didn’t you enjoy that? -I’ve seen better. | -彼得 你不喜欢那演出吗 -我看到过比他更好的 |
[13:06] | Well, Michael wanted the bear kept prisoner with him, | 麦克希望能和熊被关在一起 |
[13:09] | and Peter insisted that Michael was hardly a prisoner | 彼得却认为麦克甚至都不能算是一个囚犯 |
[13:12] | and Porthos simply wasn’t a bear at all. | 而波索则根本不是一头熊 |
[13:17] | I do very much hope to see them tomorrow. | 我真希望明天能再见到他们 |
[13:20] | -What’s her name? -Sylvia. Um… | -她叫什么名字? -西维亚…呃… |
[13:23] | Mrs…something Davies. | 什么…戴维斯小姐的 |
[13:28] | Llewelyn Davies? | 路维林 戴维斯? |
[13:30] | -You know her? -I know who she is, of course. | -你认识她? -我当然认识她 |
[13:35] | Why, she’s a du Maurier, for heaven’s sake. | 她可是杜莫莉尔家族的人 |
[13:37] | Her father was the artist. Her brother’s the actor. | 她父亲是位艺术家 哥哥是一位演员 |
[13:44] | And there was something…tragic that happened with her husband. | 但她的丈夫则非常不幸 |
[13:49] | Oh, yes. He died. | 喔 对了 他去世了 |
[13:52] | Cancer of the jaw, I believe. | 好像是癌症 |
[13:55] | That’s horrible. | 真不幸… |
[13:57] | Yes. Apparently, he left her with four boys and no income to speak of. | 的确如此 他留下了4个孩子 而她自己没任何收入 |
[14:05] | If it wasn’t for her mother’s help… | 如果没有她妈妈的帮忙 |
[14:11] | James. | 詹姆斯 |
[14:14] | -We should have them to dinner. -Should we? | -我们应该邀请她们来吃晚餐 -这样好吗 |
[14:20] | Absolutely. I’ve always wanted to meet Madam du Maurier. | 当然 我一直想见见杜莫莉尔夫人 |
[14:24] | Why, she knows practically everyone there is worth knowing. | 据我所知 她的名字几乎无人不知 |
[14:42] | What are you writing about? | 你在写些什么? |
[14:46] | Nothing of any great consequence. | 不是什么大不了的东西 |
[14:50] | I can’t write. | 我还不会写作 |
[14:52] | Have you ever kept a journal? | 你有写日记的习惯吗? |
[14:56] | Ever tried your hand at writing a play? | 有没有尝试过写一出戏剧? |
[15:00] | Well, then how do you know? | 那你怎么知道你不会写呢? |
[15:03] | I know. That’s all. | 我就是知道 |
[15:07] | I see. Where’s your mother today and the rest of the boys? | 我明白了 你母亲和其他的孩子们呢 |
[15:11] | Home. Mother’s got a bit of a chest cold. | 家里 妈妈有些着凉了 |
[15:17] | I’m sure everyone would be happy to see you though. One afternoon. | 但我想他们都会高兴见到你的 下午一点 |
[15:24] | I should leave you to your writing. | 我不打扰你写作了 |
[15:30] | Peter. | 彼得 |
[15:33] | I’ll see you later then. | 待会见 |
[15:45] | Why didn’t you tell me, Charles? You knew it wasn’t any good. | 为什么你不告诉我? 你知道那出戏不够好 |
[15:47] | Why didn’t you tell me. James? You knew it wasn’t any good. Hm? | 你又为何不和我谈谈呢 你也清楚那出戏不够好 |
[15:52] | I took an extended lease on the theater, keeping the actors on. | 我延长了合同的时间 演员随时准备着 |
[15:57] | -I don’t have another play. -I’m sure you will. | -我可没有其他的剧本了 -我想你会有的 |
[16:04] | -Won’t you? -We’ll see. | -对吗? -我们等着看吧… |
[16:06] | I need you to sign for the storage, Mr Frohman. | 请您签一下仓库存单 弗罗曼先生 |
[16:10] | -Lower. -Easy does it. Take your time. | -低一些 -慢慢来 小心点 |
[16:19] | It was never meant to be taken seriously. | 从来没有人对这事这么认真过 |
[16:23] | You know what happened, James? They changed it. | 你知道的 詹姆斯 是他们改变了局面… |
[16:28] | -They changed what? -The critics. | -改变了什么? -那些评论 |
[16:33] | They made it important. | 他们让戏剧变得引人关注了 |
[16:42] | What’s it called? | 你管这叫什么? |
[16:46] | What’s it called? | 叫什么? |
[16:49] | -“Play.” -“Play.” | -“戏剧” -“戏剧” |
[17:10] | Return the boy to us, you nasty Injun. | 把那个孩子交出来 你这个肮脏的印第安人 |
[17:13] | Our people teach boy Indian ways, make him great warrior. | 我们把印第安人的智慧传授给他 让他成为真正的勇士 |
[17:16] | Our chief, Running Nose, never let him go. | 我们的”鼻涕虫”酋长 绝不会放他走的 |
[17:25] | Me wounded, Peter. Time’s short. | 我受伤了 彼得 没多少时间了… |
[17:28] | You go. Spread wings and soar like eagle above enemy. | 你快走 化身成鹰 展翅翱翔在敌人的上空 |
[17:32] | Fly back to our chief. Tell her of my brave defeat. | 飞回去告诉我们的酋长 我战死沙场… |
[17:37] | That’s crazy. Indians can’t fly. | 这太夸张了 印第安人不能飞的啊! |
[17:40] | Of course they can. Go on, go on, go on. | 他们当然可以 快走! 快! 快! |
[17:42] | Listen to us, boy. This Injun kidnapped you. | 听我说 孩子 那个印第安人绑架了你 |
[17:45] | Not true. We kidnap no one. You lost boy. | 胡说 我们没有绑架你 你是迷路了 |
[17:49] | I teach you ways of the brave. I take you as my own son. | 是我让你变得勇敢 把你当成我自己的孩子来对待 |
[17:54] | You are not my father. | 你不是我爸爸 |
[18:00] | -I’ve got him! -Let me go! | -我抓住他了! -放开我! |
[18:02] | -Stop it, you two. -Ooh, we are awful, aren’t we? | -你们两个住手! -我们是来真的 不是吗 |
[18:05] | -I’m warning you. -Oh, I’m scared. | -我警告你 -我好怕啊… |
[18:07] | Of course, you had a bit of fun for a change. | 我受够你了 |
[18:09] | -Stop it, you two. Get off! -Don’t. | -住手 你们两个 别打了! -不 |
[18:12] | -Jack! -Stop it! | -杰克 -住手 |
[18:14] | -Get off, George! -Peter. | -住手! 乔治! -彼得 |
[18:19] | -I’m terribly sorry. -No, it wasn’t your fault. | -我很抱歉 -不 那不是您的错 |
[18:23] | I’m afraid it might have been. | 我想这都应该怪我 |
[18:25] | To be honest, I’m just happy you got him to join in the game. | 说实话 我很高兴您来陪他们游戏 |
[18:29] | Oh, yes, I was a tremendous success. | 没关系 我已经取得了巨大的成功 |
[18:32] | Mr Barrie, it’s more than I’ve been able to achieve. | 贝瑞先生 您做的已经比我多的多了 |
[18:36] | Peter’s a different boy since his father died. | 自从他父亲死后 彼得就有点变了 |
[18:39] | You know, I don’t think he’s even had a good cry about it. | 他甚至没怎么为他父亲的死哭过 |
[18:43] | Well, grief affects us all in different ways, doesn’t it? | 悲伤的表达有着多种方式 不是吗? |
[18:47] | Yes, it does. | 是的 没错! |
[18:49] | Oh, by the way, my wife would like to invite you and the boys over to dinner. | 对了 我太太想邀请 您和孩子们来吃晚餐 |
[18:55] | Your mother as well. | 还有您的母亲 |
[19:01] | How kind. That would be lovely. | 您太客气了 我想一定是一次愉快的拜访 |
[19:08] | Don’t you all look lovely in your little suits? | 你们穿着小西装非常可爱 |
[19:12] | And, Mrs du Maurier, what a shame it is that we’ve not met until this evening. | 杜莫莉尔夫人 今晚才当面见到您 真有点惭愧 |
[19:18] | How kind of you to say so. | 您这么说太客气了 |
[19:19] | Not at all. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been to a charity or a social event | 一点也不过分 我多次在社交活动和慈善活动中 |
[19:24] | and seen your name listed among the organizers. | 发现您的名字出现在组织者那一栏 |
[19:30] | It’s the very thing I would love to do myself | 我一直把您当成我的榜样 |
[19:35] | if I could just find the time. | 只是希望我也能有时间去做这些事情 |
[19:38] | My problem is in finding the time to do everything else. | 我的问题倒是去找时间去做其他的事情 |
[19:42] | At the moment I am running two households. | 现在我正打理着两个家庭 |
[19:45] | Sylvia believes she can get by without a housekeeper. | 西维亚相信她不用管家就可以应付一切 |
[19:48] | Mother. | 妈妈 |
[19:49] | My house is quite large enough for us all, | 我自己的房子足够大 能容下我们两家庭 |
[19:51] | -but the idea of living with me seems…-Not now, please, mother. | -但她似乎不愿意和我们住一起 -现在不谈这个啦 |
[19:55] | -We help her keep the house in order. -Don’t interrupt, George. | -我们都有帮妈妈打理房间 -别插嘴 |
[19:58] | -Where did you get your manners? -Sorry, Grandmother. | -你的礼貌都到哪去了 -对不起 外婆 |
[20:02] | Mr Barrie, I understand you’ve become playmates of my grandchildren. | 贝瑞先生 就我所知 您跟我的孙子们成了玩伴 |
[20:07] | -Oh, they indulge me, really. -On the contrary. | -是他们纵容我的任性 -才不是那样呢 |
[20:12] | The other day we took to an exploration of darkest Africa in our garden. | 前几天我们把花园给变成了黑暗古老的非洲 |
[20:18] | But Mr Barrie was taken ill by the bite of a…What was it? | 贝瑞先生因为被咬而生病了…是什么东西来着 |
[20:23] | Tsetse fly. Quite horrible. | 舌蝇! 可怕的东西! |
[20:26] | Yes, and he swelled to the size of a hippopotamus. | 对 而且他肿的像河马一样 |
[20:29] | Fingers like sausages. | 手指就像香肠一样粗 |
[20:30] | And we had to float in him down the river like he was a great bloated raft. | 然后我们就把他当作木筏一样 抱着他沿着河水漂流 |
[20:34] | But the fishing was good, wasn’t it? | 钓鱼也很有趣不是吗? |
[20:41] | James. | 詹姆斯 |
[20:45] | Please. | 别这样 |
[20:48] | -Bye. -Thank you so much. | -再见 -非常感谢你们 |
[20:50] | -Lovely evening. -Thank you. Bye. | -多么美好的夜晚 -谢谢你 再见 |
[20:52] | -Good night. -Good night. | -晚安 -晚安 |
[20:59] | Well, that was a disaster. | 真是糟透了 |
[21:03] | Painful. Utterly painful to see. | 糟糕透了 这次晚餐真是糟糕 |
[21:09] | I don’t know what you mean. I had a lovely time. | 我不懂您的意思 我过得很愉快 |
[21:11] | Oh, James, please. | 詹姆斯 别提了 |
[21:14] | “My problem is in finding the time to do everything else.” | “我的问题倒是去找时间做别的事” |
[21:18] | -I never felt so judged in my life. -Judged? How do you mean? | -我从没被人这样批评过 -批评? 你咋会这么想 |
[21:23] | A grown man, for heaven’s sake, | 看在上帝的份上 一个成年人 |
[21:25] | playing all day long with children? | 不务正业整天和孩子们一起玩 |
[21:28] | In any case, I hardly think they’ll be the social contact we’d hoped for. | 无论如何 我们不应该和他们来往 |
[21:33] | I hadn’t really thought of them that way. I just enjoy their company. | 我从来没这么想过 我只是乐在其中 |
[21:37] | He’s been a good friend to us, Mother. | 他是我们的好朋友 妈妈! |
[21:40] | Yes. But what does that mean? Hm? | 是的 但是那又有什么意义呢? |
[21:44] | Surely you don’t intend… | 你应该不会打算… |
[21:45] | to keep spending your afternoons with those children, do you? | 每天再和那群孩子们一起渡过下午吧? |
[21:55] | And so today, ladies and gentlemen, | 今天 女士们先生们! |
[21:58] | using only the wind and his own physical strength, | 仅仅依靠风和他自己的身体 |
[22:00] | George Llewelyn Davies shall test the very limits of the atmosphere | 乔治·戴维斯 将测试风力的极速 |
[22:04] | using his tethered craft. Go on, boy. | 就用这个手工制作的飞行仪 来吧 孩子 |
[22:06] | -Go on, George. -You’re going to break it, George. | -去吧! 乔治! -你会把它弄坏的! |
[22:09] | -George, stop! -I just need a bit more speed. | -乔治! 停下来! -只要再快一点就好了 |
[22:11] | I want to do it. | 我也想玩 |
[22:13] | Hold off a bit, George. I think it’s in need of a tail. | 好好抓紧了 乔治 我想它需要有个尾巴 |
[22:16] | Oh, wait. | 等一下 |
[22:20] | -Here. James, this will do. -That’s a good idea. | -拿去吧 詹姆斯 会有用处的 -是个好主意 |
[22:22] | -No, it’s not heavy enough. -I want to do it. | -不 还不够重 -我也想试试看 |
[22:24] | -You coming, Peter? -Porthos! | -过来一起玩吧 彼得? -波索 |
[22:28] | It’ll work this time. | 这次肯定能行 |
[22:30] | Porthos, give us your bell. That’s good. | 波索 把你的铃给我们 对了… |
[22:33] | -Michael? -Yeah? | -麦克? -什么? |
[22:34] | -Now, would you like to give it a go? -Yes, please. | -你想要试试看吗 -是的 请给我一次机会 |
[22:38] | -Oh, he can’t run fast enough. -Of course he can. | -不行啦 他跑的还够快 -他当然可以的 |
[22:41] | -Let him try, Jack. -Now, George, you hold the kite. | -让他试试吧 杰克 -乔治 你拿着风筝 |
[22:44] | George. | 乔治 |
[22:45] | Come on, boys, let’s go back up to the top. Come on, Peter. | 来吧 孩子们 回到山坡上去 彼得 |
[22:49] | Right, George, hold it up. Darling, you’ve got to run now. Ready? Ready? | 这儿 拿着它 亲爱的 准备要跑了 准备好了吗 |
[22:54] | -Run! Run, Michael! -Run! | -快跑! 跑! 麦克 -快跑! |
[22:58] | -Oh, I told you this wasn’t going to work. -I don’t think he’s fast enough. | -我就知道这行不通 -我认为他不够快 |
[23:02] | It’s not going to work if no one believes in him. | 如果没人相信他就不会成功 |
[23:04] | -Now, give him a chance. -Michael, go back to your starting position. | -再给他一次机会 -麦克 回到起跑的位置去 |
[23:07] | -Come on, darling, try again. -George, you take the kite. | -来吧 亲爱的 再试试看 -乔治 你拿着风筝 |
[23:09] | Now this time, I don’t want a flea’s breath of doubt. We must get that kite in the air. | 这次我们不能再有任何怀疑 一定要让这风筝飞起来 |
[23:15] | Right. Look, I think I feel a bit more breeze. Are you ready, Michael? | 没错 我感到有些起风了 你准备好了吗 |
[23:18] | -You can do it, Michael. -You’ve got to run. Run, Michael, run. | -你能行的 麦克 -你得跑起来 跑起来 跑! |
[23:21] | -Run! -That’s it! | -跑! -就是这样! |
[23:24] | Yes! He did it! | 太好了! 他成功了! |
[23:27] | Keep running! Keep running! | 继续跑! 继续跑! |
[24:00] | What are you writing about now? | 你在写些什么? |
[24:03] | Oh, just making notes. | 只是做点记录什么的 |
[24:05] | I’m never really certain what they’re about until I’ve read them over later. | 只是随便写点 等以后读他们的时 我就知道是什么了 |
[24:10] | Something about the kite? | 是不是有关风筝? |
[24:15] | Now, why do you ask that? | 为什么这么问? |
[24:19] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道… |
[24:21] | If I were a writer I think I could tell a whole story about flying the kite today. | 如果我是作家 我会把今天放风筝的过程都写下来 |
[24:26] | Perhaps you should then. That’s a fantastic idea. Why not give it a try? | 也许你应该试试 是个好主意 尝试着写写看吧 |
[24:31] | I hope you haven’t been talking about anything too serious with this one. | 我希望您别把和他的谈话太当真了 |
[24:36] | No. Talking a bit of silliness really. | 不 只是说了一些蠢话 |
[24:49] | Can we have him for supper? | 我们晚上能”吃”他吗? |
[24:51] | Have him to stay for supper, Michael. We’re not cannibals. | 你应该说”留”他吃晚饭 我们可不是食人族 |
[24:53] | You are welcome, you know. | 我们很希望你留下来 你知道的 |
[24:57] | Sylvia. Mr Barrie. | 西维亚! 贝瑞先生! |
[25:00] | Where have you been? | 你们去哪了? |
[25:02] | Flying a kite, Mother, and having a wonderful time. | 去放风筝了 妈妈 我们过的相当愉快 |
[25:04] | I’m sorry. I didn’t know you were coming this evening. | 对不起 我不知道您今晚要来 |
[25:06] | No? Well, apparently you forgot then. | 你不知道? 很显然你忘得一干二净 |
[25:10] | -I brought some supper along for us all. -You didn’t need to do that. | -我给我们一家带了点食物 -您不必这么做的 |
[25:13] | Well, there’s no food in the house, is there? | 但是家里已经没有吃的了 不是吗 |
[25:15] | Really. You don’t need to wait till the cupboard is bare. | 真的 不要每次都橱柜里没吃的了 再去买食物 |
[25:17] | Please, Mother. Come on, darlings. | 请别这么说 妈妈 来吧 亲爱的 |
[25:19] | Wipe feet. There’s been enough tracking round here. | 把脚擦干净 这儿的脚印子已经够多的了 |
[25:23] | George, I thought you said you were going to help your mother take care of the house. | 乔治 你不是说过会帮妈妈打扫房间吗 |
[25:26] | Coat, Michael, please. Yes. | 外套 麦克 对 就这样 |
[25:28] | -And…coat hanger. Good. -Will we see you tomorrow? | -放在衣架上 很好 -我们明天还能见到你吗 |
[25:33] | No. You’re going to be helping round the house tomorrow. | 不行 明天你们都得呆在家帮忙打扫 |
[25:36] | Mother, there is absolutely no need for this. | 妈妈 没必要这样做 |
[25:39] | You can’t do everything yourself. | 你不可能一个人揽下所有的事情 |
[25:41] | Look at you. You’re horribly flush. You’re wearing yourself out. | 看看你自己 脸红成这样 你把你自己累坏了 |
[25:47] | Thank you for a lovely day, James. Excuse me, Mother. | 谢谢你 今天很愉快 对不起 妈妈 |
[25:50] | So from tomorrow, we’re going to have some discipline around here. | 从明天开始 我们得定一些规矩了 |
[25:56] | And not one of you will escape. | 没人能够逃走! |
[26:06] | -Good evening, Mr Barrie. -Good evening, Sarah. | -晚安 贝瑞先生 -晚安 莎拉 |
[26:08] | -Good evening, Mr Barrie. -Good evening, Emma. | -晚安 贝瑞先生 -晚安 爱玛 |
[26:20] | You missed supper. | 你错过晚餐 |
[26:23] | Perhaps I’ll have something later. I have a bit of writing I wanted to do. | 过会再吃吧 我有些东西要写 |
[26:27] | Are you sure? It was a lovely meal. Duck. | 真的不想吃吗? 晚餐很可口 有鸭子 |
[26:31] | Sarah let Emma cook this evening. | 莎拉让爱玛煮的 |
[26:35] | Is that right? Listen, what would you think of loaning Emma out to the Davies | 是吗 听着 你觉得把莎拉租给戴维斯家怎么样 |
[26:40] | for the occasional evening? | 在某些特殊的场合 |
[26:41] | They don’t actually have a cook. | 她们没有一个厨师 |
[26:45] | I take it Mrs Davies enjoyed the meal that she had here? | 我想戴维斯夫人一定对上次在这吃的晚餐 记忆犹新 |
[26:51] | I imagine she could use an extra hand now and again. That’s all. | 我想她们只是有时需要个帮手 仅此而已 |
[26:54] | That’s very charitable of you. | 你考虑的真是周到 |
[26:58] | Perhaps we can send over some of the silver as well. | 也许我们还可以送一些银的餐具过去 |
[27:02] | And what about linen? | 要不要再送点亚麻布? |
[27:04] | I wouldn’t be surprised if some of hers was looking a bit shabby. | 如果她的衣服有些破烂 我也不会感到惊奇 |
[27:07] | Please, Mary, stop. | 得了 玛丽 别说了 |
[27:10] | Maybe she can send over some of the things we’ve run short on. | 也许她也可以送一些我们缺少的东西.. |
[27:14] | My husband, for example. | 比如…我的丈夫… |
[27:18] | We rarely see him in this house. | 我们很少在他自己家看到他了 |
[27:21] | That hasn’t seemed to bother you for some time now. | 有时候我不在也许对你好一些 |
[28:09] | Lords and ladies, His Royal Highness, King Michael the Benevolent, | 臣民们和女士们 至高无上的殿下 仁慈的麦克国王 |
[28:15] | protector of the realm. | 王国的守护者 |
[28:18] | That scepter’s made of wood. | 那把王杖是木头做的… |
[28:21] | Yes, well, we dream on a budget here, don’t we? | 是的 但我们都是假想的 不是吗 |
[28:24] | No, I mean, everyone thinks it’s made of gold, but it’s just an old hunk of wood. | 不 我是说 人人都认为那是黄金 但那只是块木头 |
[28:29] | The means to an end, Peter. | 我们就把他假想成那样吧 彼得 |
[28:32] | What we’ve done is taken an old hunk of wood | 我们要做的就是把一块木头 |
[28:35] | and transformed it for all the world to see into the most magnificent gold. | 变成全世界最稀有的黄金 |
[28:41] | -There you go. -What’s this? | -送给你的 -是什么东西? |
[28:45] | All great writers begin with a good leather binding and a respectable title. | 所有大作家都是从皮革装订的书和尊敬的书名开始的 |
[28:50] | Open it. | 打开看看吧… |
[28:56] | “The Boy Castaways.” | “男孩冒险记” |
[28:58] | “Being a record of the terrible adventures of the brothers Davies, | “记录了戴维斯兄弟的冒险故事” |
[29:03] | faithfully set forth by…Peter Llewelyn Davies.” | 由”彼得·路维林·戴维斯”忠实记录 |
[29:08] | Kipling would swallow his own ear for a title like that. | 吉卜林恐怕要吃了他自己的耳朵 才能想出这样的标题 (吉卜林 1907年诺贝尔文学奖获得者) |
[29:11] | Stab him, George. You can do it. | 击败他! 乔治! 你能行的! |
[29:14] | I still have no idea what to write. | 我还是不知道要写什么… |
[29:17] | Write about anything. Write about your family. | 什么事情都可以 写写你的家庭 |
[29:19] | -Write about the talking whale. -What whale? | -写写那条会说话的鲸鱼 -什么鲸鱼? |
[29:22] | The one that’s trapped in your imagination and desperate to get out. | 那个被你的想象力束缚住 但又千方百计想脱身的鲸鱼 |
[29:27] | Come sit down. | 来吧 坐下 |
[29:32] | I have actually begun writing about the adventures of the Davies brothers myself. | 其实我也已经开始写关于 戴维斯兄弟的冒险故事 |
[29:36] | -A play? -A play indeed, yes. | -一出戏剧? -没错 真正的戏剧! |
[29:39] | And I would be extremely honored | 我将为此感到相当荣幸 |
[29:42] | if you would allow me the use of your name for one of the characters. | 如果你允许我在这出戏剧里使用你的名字 |
[29:46] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道该说什么好 |
[29:49] | Say yes. | 说你愿意就可以了 |
[29:53] | Good man. | 好孩子 |
[29:54] | Porthos! That’s mine. Let go. | 波索! 那是我的 松口 |
[29:56] | I won’t go to bed. I won’t, I won’t. | 我不想睡觉 我不要 我不要 |
[29:59] | You should have been in bed half an hour ago, young man. | 半个小时前你们就该上床了 孩子们 |
[30:04] | I’m afraid I’ve grown hopelessly lax in my discipline. | 恐怕我平时对他们太纵容了 |
[30:07] | Nonsense. Young boys should never be sent to bed. | 别这么说 孩子们不应该被强迫去睡觉 |
[30:10] | They always wake up a day older. | 当他们醒来他们就又老了一天! |
[30:14] | And then, before you know it, they’re grown. | 你会忽然间发现 他们已经长大了 |
[30:18] | Their father would have been horrified. | 他们的爸爸会吃一惊的 |
[30:20] | Of course, he never would have allowed a dog in the house either. | 他也不会同意让一条狗进房间的 |
[30:22] | He’d have tied him up in the yard. | 他一定会把他栓在园子里 |
[30:25] | Right! Last one in bed’s a hairy toad. | 好了! 最后一个上床的就是丑八怪! |
[31:19] | You mean a lot to my boys, you know. | 你对他们来说意义重大 你知道的 |
[31:23] | Especially Peter. | 特别是彼得 |
[31:27] | It seems to me that Peter’s trying to grow up too fast. | 彼得好像巴不得赶快长大… |
[31:33] | I imagine he thinks that grown-ups don’t hurt as deeply as children do when they… | 也许他认为大人没有 孩子那么容易受伤害… |
[31:39] | when they lose someone. | 当他们失去某些人的时候… |
[31:44] | I lost my elder brother, David, when I was just Peter’s age. | 我在彼得那年纪时 我失去了我的哥哥 大卫 |
[31:49] | And it nearly destroyed my mother. | 我母亲为此伤心欲绝 |
[31:52] | James, I’m so sorry. | 抱歉 詹姆斯 |
[31:56] | Your poor mother. I can’t imagine losing a child. | 我为您的母亲感到难过 我不敢想象失去一个孩子的痛苦 |
[32:03] | She didn’t get out of bed for months. | 她为此卧床了好几个月 |
[32:06] | She wouldn’t eat. | 不吃不喝 |
[32:09] | I tried everything to make her happy, but… | 我想尽一切办法让她高兴起来 但是… |
[32:13] | she only wanted David. | 她只想要大卫… |
[32:16] | So… | 所以… |
[32:17] | one day… | 有一天… |
[32:20] | I dressed myself in David’s clothing | 我穿着大卫的衣服 |
[32:26] | and I went to her. | 跑到她面前 |
[32:28] | You must have frightened her to death. | 你一定把她吓坏了 |
[32:32] | I think it was the first time she ever actually…looked at me. | 我想这是她第一次真正的…看着我 |
[32:42] | And that was the end of the boy James. | 从此詹姆斯就消失了… |
[32:47] | I used to say to myself he’d gone to Neverland. | 我常常对自己说 他去了梦幻岛 |
[32:50] | Where? | 什么地方? |
[32:53] | Neverland. It’s a wonderful place. | 梦幻岛 非常美丽的地方 |
[33:06] | I’ve not spoken about this before to anyone. | 我从没和别人提起过这个 |
[33:10] | Ever. | 从来没有 |
[33:22] | What’s it like…Neverland? | 那是什么样子的…那个梦幻岛? |
[33:28] | One day I’ll take you there. | 有一天 我会带你去那里的 |
[33:33] | Wait a minute, James. He’s a fairy? | 等一下 查尔斯 他是个精灵? |
[33:35] | Er, no. He’s the irrepressible spirit of youth. Tinker Bell is the fairy. | 不 他是永不消失的青春的灵魂 叮当才是真正的精灵 |
[33:39] | -Tinker Bell is a woman? -She’s not a woman. She’s a fairy. | -叮当是一个女人? -它不是一个女人 是精灵 |
[33:42] | He is a boy who stays young forever. | 他是一个永远不会长大的男孩 |
[33:45] | James, how does anyone stay young forever? It doesn’t work. | 詹姆斯 没有人能永远年轻 这不可能啊 |
[33:48] | He just believes, Charles. He imagines life the way he wants it to be, | 他相信自己 相信生命就和他所信仰的一样 |
[33:50] | and he believes in it long enough and hard enough that it all appears before him, see? | 他的信仰是那么长久坚定 最终他的信仰变成现实 明白吗 |
[33:56] | James, I’m your friend. You’re coming off a flop. | 我们是老朋友了 可这次 你太脱离现实了 |
[33:58] | -You have a man who is a fairy. -No, a boy who has a fairy. | -你说一个男人是精灵 -不 是一个男孩作为精灵 |
[34:03] | And this girl calls herself Tinker. | 这个女孩叫自己廷克尔? |
[34:05] | And you have a pirate ship on stage surrounded by tons and tons of water. | 你还希望舞台上有一艘船放在好几吨的水里? |
[34:09] | -That’s a lot of water. -It’s a lot of water. | -那可需要很多水! -非常多的水! |
[34:11] | -Yes, and that’s a lot of money. -It is, but we can fake the water. | -那可需要一大笔钱 -是的 但我们可以”造”水 |
[34:15] | Oh, well, if we can fake the water then I’m sure your play will be a hit. | 好吧 如果我们可以”造”水 那我敢肯定我们的戏肯定热门 |
[34:18] | You know what I think I’ll do? I think I’ll imagine life the way I want it to be… | 你知道我在想啥 我想我们可以自己想象生活 |
[34:21] | Long enough and hard enough? | 够坚定和持久? |
[34:22] | Yes, and then the money for the play will appear magically before me. | 是 然后办这出戏的钱就会如魔法般出现在我面前 |
[34:27] | -That’s right. That’s it. -Yes. | -没错 就是这样! -就这样 |
[34:29] | How does the clock wind up inside the crocodile? | 不如把一个闹钟塞到鳄鱼的嘴巴里 你认为如何 |
[34:32] | -He swallows it. -Ah, of course he does. | -他吞下去了 -对 他当然会 |
[34:36] | Out! | 出局! |
[34:40] | How was he? | 他干的怎么样? |
[34:42] | -Well done. -Good show! | -干的漂亮 -非常不错! |
[34:45] | I finally get the courage to invite the boys to a game | 我终于鼓起勇气请孩子们来看比赛 |
[34:47] | and we have to suffer this grave humiliation. | 尽管这可能要让我蒙羞 |
[34:51] | It’s perfect actually. | 事实上非常好 |
[34:53] | Spend a good deal of time with them, don’t you? | 你和他们在一起很长时间了吧 对吗? |
[34:55] | Every moment I can spare, in fact. | 事实上 一有空就在一起 |
[34:58] | I’m glad for you. | 我为你感到高兴 |
[35:00] | And Mrs Davies seems to be having a good time of it as well. | 戴维斯太太似乎也很乐在其中 |
[35:04] | You should be aware though, James, what some people have been saying. | 但你也要注意些 有些人已经开始谈论你了 |
[35:09] | Mind you, I wouldn’t bring it up if I thought the rumors would pass. | 我说这些是因为传闻已经达到甚嚣尘上的地步了 |
[35:12] | I’m not surprised. What are they saying? | 我不会感到惊奇 他们怎么说? |
[35:17] | Very well. | 好吧… |
[35:19] | That you spend much more time with Mrs Davies than you do with your own wife. | 你跟戴维斯太太相处的时间 比自己太太还久 |
[35:22] | She’s a widow. And… | 她是个寡妇 也是… |
[35:25] | And a friend. That’s it. Nothing more. | 也是朋友 仅此而已! |
[35:29] | There have also been questions about how you spend your time with those boys. | 还有人很好奇你是如何陪那些男孩的 |
[35:35] | And why. | 还有为什么? |
[35:38] | That’s outrageous. How could anyone think something so evil? | 那太恶劣了! 那些人怎么会有那么邪恶的想法? |
[35:42] | They’re children. They’re innocent children. | 他们只是些孩子 几个天真的孩子 |
[35:48] | You find a glimmer of happiness in this world, | 当你找到一丁点快乐时 |
[35:50] | there’s always someone who wants to destroy it. | 总是有人想方设法来破坏! |
[35:52] | No. Thank you, Arthur, but I don’t think many will give credence to such nonsense. | 不…谢了 但我认为大多数人都不会认同这谬论 |
[35:59] | Then why is no one sitting with them? | 那为何没人跟他们一起坐? |
[36:03] | Once you get a bit of notoriety, James, | 一旦你有了点名气 詹姆斯… |
[36:06] | people watch you and they will look for ways to drag you down. | 人们都会注视着你 然后想尽办法诋毁你 |
[36:15] | Are you sure your wife doesn’t object to us taking over your cottage | 你确定你太太不会反对我们借用你们的小屋… |
[36:18] | for the summer, James? | 过这个暑假? 詹姆斯 |
[36:19] | -She doesn’t go there anymore. -Really? | -她不会再去那儿了 -真的? |
[36:22] | It’s such a relief to get away. You’ll come and visit, I hope? | 能离开一下真是太好了 你会来看我们吗? |
[36:25] | -Of course. Are we in? -Everyone in? | -当然 到齐了吗? -齐了吗? |
[36:28] | -Can I drive, Uncle Jim? -Er, no. | -可以让我来开车吗 詹叔叔? -呃…不行 |
[36:46] | Out of the way or I’ll make haggis out of you. | 快让开路 不然我就把你们做成羊杂碎 |
[36:48] | Get the sheep out the way. | 快把羊赶走 |
[37:08] | -Are we there yet? -Almost. Almost there. | -我们到了吗? -就到了 马上到了 |
[37:12] | I can see the cottage! | 我看见小屋了 |
[37:33] | -Shall we explore, Michael? -Don’t tear your clothes, please. | -我们去探险好吗 麦克? -别把衣服弄破 |
[37:36] | -Come on. Follow me. -Be careful of stinging nettles. | -快来 跟我来 -小心荨麻刺 |
[37:39] | Hurry up, everyone. | 大家快点 |
[37:45] | -Would you like to see the rest of it? -Mm. Yes. | -想看看其他地方吗? -恩…好! |
[38:11] | ‘Ello! | 抓到了 |
[38:13] | Thought you could escape from Captain Swarthy, eh? | 你以为你能从史瓦利船长手里逃脱吗? |
[38:16] | Off to the ship with you, then. Off to the ship, son! | 把你带上船! 上船去! |
[38:22] | So now you can either choose to become a pirate with the rest of us, | 你可以选择加入我们! |
[38:26] | or we’ll toss you to the sharks. | 或者被鲨鱼吃掉! |
[38:30] | -How marvelous. -Well, maybe the crocodiles, eh? | -你好酷! -或者鳄鱼你比较怕? |
[38:35] | -No one’s escaped, Captain. -Excellent work, matey. | -一个都没逃掉 船长! -做的好! 水手! |
[38:38] | Now then. | 现在 |
[38:39] | Now is your only chance to speak. | 现在是你唯一说话的机会! |
[38:43] | Who amongst you is ready to tie your hopes and dreams to the sea? | 你们之中谁想先加入这个与海为伍的… |
[38:46] | -I am! -Not finished yet. | -我要! -我还没说完! |
[38:49] | To enter upon the most dangerous chapter | 加入这个充满危险 |
[38:52] | in your young and soon-to-be-wasted lives? | 而且随时丧命的工作! |
[38:57] | What did you say? What are doing, son? | 你说什么? 你在干吗? |
[38:59] | Are you giggling? On my ship? Giggling? What did you say? | 在我船上偷笑? 偷笑? 你说什么? |
[39:02] | -I said I’m ready, Captain. -What’s your name, boy? | -我说我准备好了 船长! -你的名字 |
[39:05] | I’m Curly, the oldest and wisest of the crew. | 克里! 我们之中最大最聪明的! |
[39:08] | Cut him loose, matey. | 给他松绑 水手 |
[39:10] | Welcome aboard, Curly. Your job will be to mop the deck. | 欢迎上船! 克里! 你的工作是打扫甲板 |
[39:15] | And who be you, young squire? | 你呢 年轻人! |
[39:18] | My name be Nibs the Cut-throat. Feared by men and greatly desired by the ladies. | 我叫艾比斯! 我能杀了女人让男人伤心落泪 |
[39:23] | Jack! | 杰克! |
[39:24] | Welcome aboard, Nibs. You shall polish all wood surfaces. | 欢迎上船效力! 你要把船擦得闪闪发亮 |
[39:29] | Grab a hold of that rigging. | 抓好了 多力! |
[39:31] | -And you, lad? -I’m Peter. | -换你了 小家伙! -我叫彼得! |
[39:35] | That’s not a pirate name. What about Dastardly Jim, eh? | 那不是海盗的名字! “多斯提詹”如何? |
[39:39] | No. Just Peter. | 不 就是彼得! |
[39:42] | I like my name. | 我喜欢我的名字! |
[39:45] | Very well. | 好 很好! |
[39:48] | In punishment for lack of an interesting pirate name,Peter shall walk the plank. | 对于海盗名字没兴趣的处置 彼得要走跳板 |
[39:53] | Cut him loose. | 松绑 |
[40:18] | -What are you playing again? -The boy. | -你演什么 -那个男孩 |
[40:21] | What have you got? Excuse me. | 你有…? 对不起 |
[40:23] | Mr Barrie, sir? | 贝瑞先生! |
[40:26] | There’s been a mistake here, sir. It says here I’m to play the nanny. | 这里有问题 上面写 “演保姆”? |
[40:29] | -I don’t imagine I quite fit that part, eh? -You’re not actually the nanny. | -我好像不太适合这角色吧? -其实你不是保姆 |
[40:34] | You’re a dog. | 你是只狗! |
[40:37] | -What? -A Newfound land. | -什么? -一条纽芬兰犬 |
[40:39] | We’ll put you in a great big fluffy dog suit. | 我们会让你穿上毛毛的狗狗装 |
[40:45] | Oh, right. | 哦 好的 |
[40:49] | Actually, we don’t have a Tinker Bell cast, do we? He could play Tinker Bell. | 我们没有叮当的服装 不然他可以演叮当! |
[40:53] | Heavens, no. Tinker Bell’s a light. It moves around the stage. | 行 叮当只是灯光 它会在舞台上四处飞舞 |
[40:57] | Just a wee light that moves around the stage. | 只是灯光在飞! |
[41:02] | Bit worried about this. | 令人有点担心! |
[41:05] | Let’s see. We’ve got John Darling, Michael Darling, | 好…我们有约翰甜心 麦克甜心… |
[41:08] | Tiger Lily, Smee, Skylights. | 有老虎? 史密…史格林 |
[41:12] | It’s a play for puppets. Tootles, Nibs, Curly. | 演木偶的那个乌龟…柯林… |
[41:16] | All these names are absurd when you see them all together. | 喔…这些名字同时出现真荒谬! |
[41:19] | Captain Hook, S… | 虎克船长…士兵… |
[41:22] | Oh, hello, James. | 喔 哈喽 詹姆斯… |
[41:26] | You’re out of your mind. | 你疯了… |
[41:40] | How were rehearsals? | 戏排的如何了? |
[41:43] | Fine. Great. They’re going…quite well. | 不错…进展的蛮顺利的… |
[41:48] | -Good. -Yes. Thank you. | -很好 -恩…谢谢! |
[42:30] | -Hello. -Hello. | -哈喽! -哈喽! |
[42:34] | -How was your journey? -It was quite long. I’m exhausted. | -旅行怎么样? -又长又累人! |
[42:38] | -Let’s get you some tea. -That’d be nice. Thanks. | -给你杯茶如何? -再好不过了 谢谢! |
[42:43] | -Can you come to the playhouse? -In a moment, Michael. He’s just arrived. | -你能来我们的游戏屋吗 -等一下麦克 他才刚到 |
[42:47] | But I said I’d get him. They always send Peter to do things. I said I’ll do it. | 可是我说我会带他过去 他们总叫彼得做 我说我要做 |
[42:54] | -It will spoil the surprise. -What surprise, darling? | -然后他们说我会把惊喜说出来 -是啥惊喜 |
[42:58] | It’s a great surprise. We’ve taken most of the day preparing for it. | 很大的惊喜 我们花了好多天准备 |
[43:03] | -Everybody’s waiting for you. -Then we mustn’t keep them waiting. | -人人都在等你了 -那我不能让他们等太久 |
[43:07] | Please don’t tell them that I told you the surprise. I said I wouldn’t. | 拜讬不要告诉他们我跟你泄密 我说过我不会 |
[43:11] | Oh, well, you didn’t really tell us anything about it, did you? | 可是你没有跟我们讲那是什么啊 是吧? |
[43:13] | -Yes I did. It’s a play. -It’s a play? | -有啊! 我说了 是一出戏! -一部戏?! |
[43:29] | “The Lamentable Tale of Lady Ursula.” | 柠檬三部曲! 爱丝菈传奇! |
[43:32] | “A play in one act by Peter Llewelyn Davies.” | 第一幕 编写 “彼得路维林戴维斯” |
[43:38] | -This is just a bit of silliness, really. -I should hope so. Go on. | -这些只是一堆很蠢的点子罢了 -那是应该的 继续 |
[43:42] | I just wanted to take a stab at writing, you know. | 我只是想尝试开始写作…你知道… |
[43:45] | Well, the others do a good job with it anyway. | 尽管其他人笑我写的东西! |
[43:47] | Well, let’s see it then. | 快 让我们看吧! |
[43:52] | “The Lamentable Tale of Lady Ursula.” | 柠檬三部曲! 爱丝菈小姐传奇! |
[43:56] | “One morning, just after sunrise, | 某天清晨 太阳升起后不久… |
[43:58] | Lady Ursula, the most beautiful daughter of Lord and Lady Dubon, | 爱丝菈小姐… 北方朵本小姐最美丽的女儿 |
[44:02] | made her way up the steps of the great cathedral to pray to her blessed saint.” | 走向祭坛的阶梯… 去膜拜她所信仰的神! |
[44:07] | “Suddenly, as she reached the cathedral doors, | 突然间 当她靠近那神坛! |
[44:10] | the gargoyle that guarded the sacred structure | 戈翼尔神的雕像… |
[44:13] | came to life and swooped down upon her.” | 动了起来! 而且飞向她! |
[44:18] | “The people of the village all ran to safety, | 村民们为了保命惊慌逃跑! |
[44:20] | but Lady Ursula slipped on the cathedral steps | 但是爱丝菈小姐在阶梯上滑了一跤! |
[44:23] | and the gargoyle descended upon her, wrapping her in its huge wings | 戈翼尔神渐渐朝她降下… 将她包在巨大狂风中… |
[44:28] | and taking her high up into the spires of the cathedral.” | 将她带到高高的神坛空中去了! |
[44:32] | -Go on, Peter. -“Not long after this sorrowful event, | -继续 彼得 -经过这次恐怖的事件后 |
[44:35] | a young knight named JM Barnaby came into the city.” | 一个年轻武士名叫 “詹·邦拿比”来到了这城市 |
[44:41] | Sylvia. | 西维亚 |
[44:43] | -Do you want some water? -Mother? | -要喝点水吗? -妈妈 |
[44:46] | -No, James. -Let’s get her back to the house. Go on. | -不 詹姆斯 -扶她进屋! 快! |
[44:53] | She won’t discuss it with me at all. She claims it was nothing. | 她根本没跟我讲 她一直说没事 |
[44:57] | I tell you, Doctor, she couldn’t breathe. | 我告诉你 医生 她不能呼吸 |
[45:00] | You can’t very well treat a patient who won’t admit there’s anything wrong. | 我没法有效治疗病人… 如果她坚称自己没事 |
[45:04] | Well, you’ll have to make her understand that something is. | 你一定要让她明白出了什么问题 |
[45:07] | -I’ll try and do my best. -Great. Just there. | -我尽力而为… -好…她在里面 |
[45:42] | Get your hand flat like that. | 把手放平 像这样! |
[45:46] | Then… | 然后… |
[45:49] | Like that. | 像这样 |
[46:17] | Come in. | 进来! |
[46:28] | The good doctor didn’t feel up to the challenge on this one. | 再好的医生也没法克服这种挑战… |
[46:32] | He thinks you need to go to hospital for further tests. | 他认为 你该去医院再做一次细致的检查! |
[46:36] | Nonsense. When would I have time for that? | 胡说八道! 我哪里有空! |
[46:40] | Besides, this family’s had enough of hospitals. | 这个家已经受够那些折磨了! |
[46:45] | -Perhaps they can help you. -I know what they can do for me. | -或许他们能帮你 -我知道他们会怎么做 |
[46:49] | I saw what they did for my husband. | 就像他们对我先生做的… |
[46:52] | No, James. I’ve no interest in hospitals. | 不了 詹姆斯…我对医院没兴趣 |
[46:56] | I’m keenly interested in having some supper. | 我倒是对晚餐时间很有兴趣! |
[47:29] | What did you and Mother decide to tell us this time? “It’s only a chest cold”? | 这次你和妈妈打算怎么说 又着凉了? |
[47:34] | -We hadn’t decided anything. -Stop lying to me! | -我们没任何打算 -别对我撒谎 |
[47:36] | I’m sick of grown-ups lying to me. | 我讨厌大人说谎 |
[47:39] | I’m not lying to you. I don’t know what’s wrong. | 我没有对你说谎 我不明白有什么问题 |
[47:43] | “Father might take us fishing,” that’s what she said. “In just a few weeks.” | 她说”爸爸可能会带我们去钓鱼 只要再几个礼拜” |
[47:47] | And he died the next morning. | 但他隔第二天早上就去世了 |
[47:50] | That wasn’t a lie, Peter. | 那不是谎言 彼得… |
[47:52] | That was your mother’s hope. | 那是你妈妈的愿望! |
[47:54] | He barely moved for a week, but I started planning our fishing trip. | 他打算隐瞒一个礼拜 当我正准备钓鱼旅行时 |
[47:58] | I will never lie to you. I promise you that. | 我绝不会骗你 我保证! |
[48:02] | No, all you’ll do is teach me to make up stupid stories | 不! 你只会叫我写一大堆白痴故事… |
[48:06] | and pretend that things aren’t happening until… | 当作事情没发生过 直到… |
[48:14] | I won’t! I’m not blind. | 我不是瞎子! |
[48:17] | I won’t be made a fool. | 我不想再被耍了! |
[48:20] | What’s this? Peter. | 这是什么? 彼得 |
[48:24] | The play. | 剧本 |
[48:26] | Darling, I wanted to see the rest of it. | 亲爱的…我还想看下去啊… |
[48:31] | Magic’s gone out of it a bit now, hasn’t it? | 是否觉得魔法效果不好? |
[48:35] | All because of a silly chest cold. | 还是因为那呆呆的戏服? |
[49:22] | James. | 詹姆斯! |
[49:26] | Well, you remember Gilbert Cannan, don’t you? | 你应该记得吉伯特·柯南先生吧? |
[49:29] | Good evening. | 晚上好 |
[49:30] | Mr Cannan has been working on the committee to fight government censorship. | 柯南先生致力于帮上流社会 反对政府的打压政策 |
[49:36] | I know how involved you’ve been as well. | 我知道您也研究了很多 |
[49:39] | He wanted to speak to you. I did think you’d be home so much sooner. | 他想跟你谈谈…我们想你会很早回来… |
[49:44] | It’s been a long evening, Mary. | 你晚上应该独自一个在家的玛丽! |
[49:47] | Yes. | 是的 |
[49:49] | Well, if I’d realized how late it was, of course. | 如果我发现已经这么晚的话… |
[49:52] | I should perhaps talk to you at another time? Not so late? | 或许我该择日再来? |
[49:55] | That will be fine. | 那太好了 |
[50:00] | We’ll talk then. | 我们改天再谈吧! |
[50:02] | Thank you for your patience, Mrs Barrie. | 谢谢您的耐心 贝瑞太太 |
[50:05] | Mr Barrie. | 贝瑞先生 |
[50:07] | -Good night. -Night. | -晚安 -晚安 |
[50:26] | Well, aren’t you going to speak? | 我们不说话了么? |
[50:29] | What would you like me to say? | 你想让我说什么 |
[50:33] | “Curious how late Mr Cannan stayed,” I suppose. | 我想应该是对柯南先生 待这么晚感到好奇 |
[50:37] | And then, let’s see. What comes next? | 让我们看看下面会怎么样? |
[50:42] | “No later than you were out, James.” | 我没有比你迟 是不是? 詹姆斯 |
[50:45] | “And how is Mrs Davies this evening?” | 戴维斯女士今晚怎么样? |
[50:49] | Oh, yes, I would have a great answer for that one, wouldn’t I? | 你认为我会知道得很清楚? |
[50:51] | How dare you. | 你怎么能这么说? |
[50:55] | This isn’t one of your plays. | 这可不是你的一部戏 |
[50:58] | I know that, Mary. It’s quite serious. | 我知道 玛丽 事情很严重 |
[51:04] | But I’m not ready for this conversation, wherever it may lead. | 但我对这个谈话会导致的后果 还没充分准备 |
[51:08] | Perhaps we can talk in the morning, yes? Good night then. | 也许我们可以早上再谈 晚安 |
[52:35] | Mr Barrie. Don’t you agree this is a little bit tight? | 贝瑞先生 你看这是不是有点紧? |
[52:40] | -No. No, in fact I think it’s quite…baggy. -Baggy? | -不 事实上这衣服挺宽大的 -宽大? |
[52:45] | Quite frumpy. I’d bring it right in just there. | 挺宽松的 应该像这样 |
[52:48] | That’s very tight. | 那可太紧了 |
[52:49] | And put maybe a plank of wood there to straighten him up. | 可以在这放一块木板 让衣服更挺 |
[52:52] | -Oh, aye. Yes, Mr Barrie. -Plank of wood? | -好的 先生 -木板? |
[52:54] | Some wood there on the shoulders as well. | 在肩膀上也放一个 |
[52:56] | -Otherwise, it’s marvelous. -Right, sir. | -这样就太好了 -好的 先生 |
[53:13] | -You’ll be sick tomorrow. -I’ll be sick tonight. | -你明天会病的 -我今晚就会病 |
[53:20] | James. | 詹姆斯 |
[53:22] | We’re just having some tea. You remember my mother, of course. | 我们正在喝茶 你应该记得这是我母亲 |
[53:26] | Yes. Of course. How do you do? | 是的 当然 你好 |
[53:32] | -May I take your hat? -That’s enough, boys. | -可以把帽子给我吗? -够了 孩子们 |
[53:39] | Boys, please don’t run in the house. You’ll break something. | 孩子们 别在房子里乱跑 小心别摔跤 |
[53:42] | Come away from that door. Come on, come on. | 快离开那扇门 快! |
[53:44] | -I’d like a word with you, Mr Barrie, before you go. | 贝瑞先生 在你走之前我想和你谈谈 |
[53:47] | We’ll only be a few minutes. | 只要几分钟 |
[53:49] | Boys, why don’t you go and play in the garden? Go on. | 孩子们 到花园去玩 |
[53:52] | -Is he in trouble? -Sh. | -他有麻烦了 -嘘 |
[53:53] | Because I’ve been alone with Grandmother and I know what it’s like. | 我和外婆曾单独在一起 我知道那是啥样 |
[53:57] | -Should we retire into the study? -Why don’t you join them, dear? | -我们去书房吧 -亲爱的 你还是和孩子们一起吧 |
[54:02] | Very well. | 好的 |
[54:06] | -I do apologize for interrupting. -Would you close the door, please? | -我很抱歉今天… -你能关上门么? |
[54:09] | Certainly. | 当然 |
[54:11] | Sylvia has told me you have offered her the services of your household staff. | 西维亚告诉我 你向他提供你所用的家政服务 |
[54:16] | -Well, not exactly. -That won’t be necessary. | -并不完全是这样 -你不需要这么做 |
[54:21] | I’ll leave that to Sylvia, of course. | 当然 我会让西维亚决定的 |
[54:23] | You’ll leave that to me, Mr Barrie. | 这应该我来决定 |
[54:26] | You see, I’m moving in here from now on. | 从今以后我会搬过来住 |
[54:29] | -You’re moving in? -I’m going where I’m most needed. | -您要搬进来? -我会去最需要我的地方 |
[54:33] | And I can certainly see to it that this house is managed | 我可以管理这个房子 |
[54:36] | without resorting to your charity. | 并不需要您的施舍 |
[54:39] | It isn’t charity, Mrs du Maurier. I was only trying to help, as a friend. | 这不是施舍 夫人 只是作为一个朋友的帮助 |
[54:44] | Have you no idea how much your friendship has already cost my daughter? | 你难道不知您朋友的友谊 已让我女儿承受了很多 |
[54:48] | Or are you really that selfish? | 还是你真是那么自私? |
[54:51] | I beg your pardon? | 我不懂您说的话 |
[54:54] | Don’t you see what a visit to the summer cottage of a married man | 你难道不知道一个已婚男子的经常造访 |
[54:58] | does for a widow’s future prospects? | 会对一个寡妇的将来有什么影响么? |
[55:03] | Sylvia needs to find someone. The boys need a father. | 西维亚需要一个丈夫 孩子们需要一个父亲 |
[55:09] | And you are destroying any hope this family has of pulling itself together again. | 你正在毁掉这个家庭重组的希望 |
[55:14] | I have only wanted good things for this family, Mrs du Maurier. | 我只希望这个家庭会好起来 杜莫莉尔夫人 |
[55:18] | I’ll look after them. | 我会照顾他们 |
[55:22] | You have your own family to concern yourself with. | 别忘了 你还有一个自己的家庭需要关心 |
[55:25] | What are you suggesting? | 你想我做什么? |
[55:26] | I’m suggesting that you protect what you have, Mr Barrie. | 我希望你保护好自己已经拥有的东西 |
[55:30] | That is precisely what I am doing. | 那正是我现在做的 |
[55:57] | I was so certain what I would find in this. | 我知道我会在这里找到什么 |
[56:00] | Some little confession would leak out onto the page. | 一些泄露在纸中的小小坦白 |
[56:05] | I don’t write love notes in my journal. | 我不会在我的日记里写爱情故事 |
[56:08] | No. | 不 |
[56:11] | Still, you knew who I meant, didn’t you? | 你还知道我是谁 是吧? |
[56:14] | That’s some comfort, actually. | 这至少算一种安慰 |
[56:18] | It means I know you just a little after all. | 毕竟我对你了解不深 |
[56:20] | You needn’t steal my journal to get to know me, Mary. | 你需要偷我的日记才能了解我 玛丽 |
[56:24] | No. I suppose I could just go see the plays. | 我曾认为我能去看看那个地方 |
[56:31] | I was hopelessly naive when I married you. | 我和你结婚时真是无可救药的天真 |
[56:37] | I imagined that brilliant people disappeared to some secret place | 当时我认为聪明的人消失去了一个 |
[56:43] | where good ideas floated around like leaves in autumn. | 好主意像树叶一样遍地都是的神秘地方 |
[56:47] | And I hoped, at least once… | 而且我希望 |
[56:53] | you would take me there with you. | 你至少能带我去那儿一次 |
[56:56] | There is no such place. | 没有这样的地方 |
[57:01] | Yes, there is. | 有 |
[57:05] | Neverland. | 梦幻岛 |
[57:09] | It’s the best you’ve written, James. | 这是你写的最好的剧本 詹姆斯 |
[57:12] | And I’m sure the Davies will adore the world you’ve created for them. | 我肯定你是为了戴维斯一家写的 |
[57:16] | I only wish I were part of it. | 我只希望我能是其中的一部分 |
[57:20] | I’ve wanted you to be. I’ve tried. | 我希望你是 我努力过 |
[57:27] | Mary. | 玛丽 |
[57:29] | I always imagined us going off on great adventures once we were together. | 我总希望我们能一起去探险 |
[57:34] | But we moved into this house and you started, I don’t know, | 但是我们搬进这房子 你就开始… |
[57:38] | -you started rearranging the furniture. -What was I supposed to do, James? | -你开始重新摆放家具 -那我应该做什么? |
[57:42] | You were always gone. | 你总是不在 |
[57:44] | I was right here. | 我在这儿 |
[57:45] | Sitting in your parlor, staring off into other worlds as though I didn’t exist. | 坐在客厅里 盯着别的地方 好像我不存在一样 |
[57:53] | Look. Just give me bit more time to finish up the play. | 再给我些时间让我把剧本完成 |
[57:55] | To spend with your muse? | 和你的缪斯女神在一起? |
[57:57] | No, I’m tired of waiting, James. I’m tired of looking like a fool. | 我厌倦了等待 我不想看起来像个傻瓜 |
[58:05] | Well, I can’t very well give up the play. | 我不能放弃剧本 |
[58:09] | Of course not. | 当然不 |
[58:12] | Just come home to me at the end of the day. Rehearse and be home for dinner. | 只要你晚上回家和我一起吃晚饭 |
[58:17] | No more trips to the country, no more long afternoons in the park. | 别去乡下 下午别在公园呆很长时间 |
[58:22] | If you can’t give us that much of a chance, | 如果你连这点机会都不能给 |
[58:27] | then we must end this. | 我们就必须结束这一切 |
[58:31] | And I will. | 我会的 |
[58:39] | Pitiful display. | 可怜的家伙 |
[58:47] | Nanny. Nanny. | 保姆 保姆 |
[58:49] | What? | 什么? |
[58:53] | First you get the pajamas, then you make the bed. | 先拿睡衣 再铺床 |
[58:57] | With my paws? | 用我的爪子? |
[58:59] | You make the bed with your paws. The pajamas you get with your teeth. | 用爪子铺床 用牙齿叼睡衣 |
[59:03] | Because in fact, being a dog, you haven’t any proper digits, have you? | 你演的是狗 没有灵巧的手指 不是吗? |
[59:09] | Well, I don’t have any teeth, either. | 我也没牙齿 |
[59:11] | I mean, I can’t see. I can’t breathe. | 我看不见也不能呼吸 |
[59:14] | All I’ve got is this rubbery snout. | 因为我穿着橡胶头套 |
[59:20] | -Can we get him some teeth? -He can have mine. | -可以给他装上牙齿吗? -可以用我的 |
[59:24] | We’ll get you teeth. | 我们会给你装上牙齿 |
[59:27] | -Let’s have a wee break, shall we? -Right. | -我们休息一下好吗? -好的 |
[59:33] | -I thought you were wonderful. -You were marvelous. | -你演得真好 -棒极了 |
[59:34] | I think you’re better on four legs than you are on two. | 你四只脚走路比两只脚好 |
[59:37] | -Oh, give it a rest. -I do. | -休息一下吧 -我真的这么认为 |
[59:41] | -Just say it, Charles, go on. -Well, you picture it, James. | -说说 查尔斯 觉得怎么样 -好吧 你想象一下 |
[59:44] | Opening night, doctors, lawyers, businessmen and their wives, | 首演的晚上 医生、律师、商人和他们的妻子 |
[59:48] | all dressed to the nines. | 都打扮时髦 |
[59:49] | They’ve paid good money, they’re expecting theater, what we call theater. | 他们付了很高的票价 希望能看场真正意义的戏剧 |
[59:54] | The curtain opens and it’s crocodiles and fairies and pirates and Indians. | 帷幕拉开 看到的却是鳄鱼 仙女 海盗 印第安人 |
[59:59] | I don’t even know what it is. | 我也不知道是什么东西 |
[1:00:02] | But you did know, Charles. You’re an absolute genius, Charles. That’s it. | 查尔斯 你确实知道 你可真是个天才 |
[1:00:07] | Oh, don’t patronize me, James. | 别拍我的马屁 詹姆斯 |
[1:00:09] | You know how much money I put into this show that I haven’t even found yet? | 你不知道我资助你这部戏花了多少钱 |
[1:00:12] | Listen, listen. Opening night, I want 25 seats set aside. | 听着 首映式上 给我留25个座位 |
[1:00:15] | -Set aside? 25? -25 seats. | -空着? -25个 |
[1:00:17] | Scattered throughout the theater. Two here, two there, three up there. | 分散在剧院的各个角落 这边2个 那边2个 上面3个 |
[1:00:20] | -Are they paying for it? -They’re filled. | -那些座位要收费么? -那些座位会满的 |
[1:00:22] | -No, no, no. I’m asking…-The seats are filled. | -不不不 我是问… -那些座位会满的 |
[1:00:25] | -Uncle Jim? -Hello, boys. | -詹姆斯叔叔 -孩子们 |
[1:00:27] | Could I speak to you for a moment, please? | 我能和你说会话么? |
[1:00:29] | Certainly. | 当然可以 |
[1:00:30] | 25 seats, Charles. It’ll be great. It’ll be fantastic. | 25个座位 查尔斯 |
[1:00:33] | 25 scattered seats? Who’s paying for them? | 25个分散座位 谁来付钱呢? |
[1:00:35] | Throughout the theater. | 遍布整个剧院 |
[1:00:36] | -Who’s paying for these 25 seats? -They’re filled-up seats, Charles. | -谁来为这25个座位付钱 -这些座位预定了 |
[1:00:40] | Whoa. Look. | 哇 瞧 |
[1:00:42] | This is great. I’m flying. | 太棒了 我飞起来了 |
[1:00:45] | We don’t need to use much pull at all, see? As long as we’ve got the balance down. | 我们不需要很大的力气 掌握平衡就好 |
[1:00:49] | Mother asked me to take the boys out for the afternoon. | 妈妈今天下午让我们很担心 |
[1:00:52] | She said she only wanted a bit of quiet, | 她说不希望任何人问起 |
[1:00:55] | but she was trembling so badly she couldn’t even finish her tea. | 她颤抖 很难受 连茶也喝不完 |
[1:00:59] | I’m not a fool, Uncle James. I deserve to know the truth. | 詹姆斯叔叔 我不是傻瓜 我必须知道真相 |
[1:01:02] | I don’t know the truth. She won’t talk about it. | 我不知道真相 她不肯告诉我 |
[1:01:06] | But you think it’s serious? | 你认为情况很严重么? |
[1:01:10] | It could be. The doctor felt she should go and have some tests. | 有可能 医生说她必须去检查 |
[1:01:13] | Then you’ll have to convince her to go then. | 那你应该说服她去啊 |
[1:01:15] | I’ve tried. She won’t listen to me. | 我试过了 她不听 |
[1:01:19] | And lately, to be quite honest, | 我不该再管你家的事了 |
[1:01:20] | it seems that all my best intentions for your family have come to nothing but harm. | 我的好意似乎对你们造成了伤害 |
[1:01:25] | Apparently I’ve made quite a mess of things. | 我把很多事搞砸了 |
[1:01:27] | It’s Grandmother, isn’t it? She’s run you off, hasn’t she? | 是外婆吗? 她赶你走 是不是? |
[1:01:30] | Oh, she’s absolutely tried with great effort. And perhaps with good reason. | 是 她的确想尽办法让我走 而且她有充分的理由 |
[1:01:36] | It isn’t you, Uncle Jim. She just… | 不是你的错 詹姆斯叔叔 她只是… |
[1:01:39] | She just doesn’t want to see Mother hurt anymore. | 她只是不希望妈妈再受到伤害 |
[1:01:47] | Look at that. | 看那个 |
[1:01:50] | How magnificent. | 多奇妙啊 |
[1:01:54] | The boy’s gone. | 男孩不见了 |
[1:01:58] | Somewhere during the last 30 seconds, you’ve become a grown-up. | 在过去的30秒里 你变成了大人 |
[1:02:04] | Right then. I think you should be the one to talk to her, George. | 现在我认为 你是和她谈话的最佳人选 乔治 |
[1:02:07] | -But I wouldn’t know what to say. -You’ll do fine. You’ll do just fine. | -但是说什么呢? -你会做到的 你会做到的 |
[1:02:13] | Mr Barrie, sir. Sorry to interrupt. | 贝瑞先生 对不起打扰一下 |
[1:02:17] | -It’s Nana, he’s expired backstage. -What’s happened? | -是保姆 他在后台晕过去了 -发生什么事? |
[1:02:21] | I think his costume is too tight. | 我想是他的服装太紧了 |
[1:02:24] | It’s not possible, too tight. George, give me a minute, I’ll be back. | 不可能太紧啊 乔治 等我一会儿 我马上回来 |
[1:02:33] | Pull that one tight. Here, last one. | 紧紧拉住那根 这儿还有最后一根 |
[1:02:39] | OK. Flap those wings. | 好 展开你的双翼 |
[1:02:41] | -There you go. -Whoa! | -好了 -哇! |
[1:02:44] | -Can I have a go? -Yeah, you can have a little go if you want. | -我能试试么? -好 你想的话就试试看 |
[1:02:47] | Give that a tug. Go on. | 拉着这个 |
[1:02:48] | -Just give it a little pull. -Can I have a go? | -轻轻地拉 -我能试试么? |
[1:02:51] | -In a minute. In a minute. -Can I have a go? | -等一下 -我能试试么? |
[1:02:52] | -Jack. Pull me higher. -I have to concentrate. | -杰克 把我提高一点 -我必须专心 |
[1:02:54] | -Stop it now, boys. -No, Michael. | -停下来 孩子们 -不么 麦克 |
[1:02:56] | Stop mucking about, boys. Come on now. | 现在别捣乱了 孩子们 |
[1:02:58] | -I want to do it now. -No, don’t go down there. | -我现在就想玩 -不 别去那 |
[1:03:00] | What are you? | 你在干什么…? |
[1:03:10] | Oh, no. Oh, no, I’m sorry. | 哦 对不起 |
[1:03:12] | -I’m so sorry. -George? | -真对不起 -乔治 |
[1:03:22] | Mr Barrie? | 贝瑞先生 |
[1:03:23] | Mrs Davies would like a word with you. | 戴维斯女士想和你谈谈 |
[1:03:27] | No, just Mr Barrie. | 不 只有贝瑞先生 |
[1:03:45] | -Did you encourage this? -Encourage what? | -是你鼓励他们这么做的么? -做什么? |
[1:03:51] | Oh, James, please. You know perfectly well what. | 哦 詹姆斯 你当然知道我指的是什么 |
[1:03:56] | George won’t allow them to set his arm unless I submit to an examination. | 要是我不接受检查 乔治就不愿治疗他的手 |
[1:04:04] | I see. Well, I suppose you’ll have to then, | 我明白了 那我想你必须接受检查 |
[1:04:07] | because he’s quite a stubborn young man when he sets his mind to it. | 因为一旦下了决心 他可是一个非常顽固的年轻人 |
[1:04:12] | This is absurd. They won’t tell me anything different. | 这可真荒谬 接受检查不会让我的情况有任何改变的 |
[1:04:17] | Different? | 改变? |
[1:04:19] | So you’ve already spoken to a doctor then? | 你是不是已经看过医生了? |
[1:04:22] | That is not your concern. | 那不关你的事 |
[1:04:31] | My understanding is that my condition may be quite serious. | 我明白我的情况可能是相当严重的 |
[1:04:35] | However…my wish is that life should go on as normal. | 但是 我希望生活能一切照旧 |
[1:04:41] | So, | 所以 |
[1:04:43] | I’ll have the examination, | 我接受检查 |
[1:04:45] | and I’ll take whatever medications they advise. | 按医嘱服药 |
[1:04:49] | But I don’t want to know what they’re for. | 但我不想知道我是为什么吃药的 |
[1:04:51] | And I don’t want you inquiring into it any further. | 我也不希望你继续探究下去 |
[1:04:57] | Wouldn’t dream of it. | 我没想到是这样 |
[1:05:18] | Mary? | 玛丽 |
[1:05:21] | Mary? | 玛丽 |
[1:05:45] | Peter, could you help George to fold a pocket handkerchief, please? | 彼得 你能帮乔治叠一下手帕么? |
[1:05:48] | -They’re in the linen cupboard. Darling? -Yes, Mother. | -它们在放布匹的橱柜里 亲爱的 -好的 妈妈 |
[1:05:51] | Jack, how do you manage to always come untucked? | 杰克 你怎么总是没准备好就走 |
[1:05:55] | Would you check your shirt-tails in the intermission, please? | 你能不能在幕间休息的时候检查一下衬摆? |
[1:05:58] | Yes, Mother. | 好的 妈妈 |
[1:05:59] | You’re not planning on attending any after-theater events, are you? | 你不是想去参加散场后的活动吧? |
[1:06:02] | Only for a short time if we do. The tickets! | 就去一会 如果去的话 戏票! |
[1:06:05] | -With the children? -George! | -孩子们也去么? -乔治! |
[1:06:08] | Um, possibly. Would you see if George has the tickets, please? | 可能也去 你能看看乔治拿好票了么? |
[1:06:11] | -I’ll just check the dressing table. -Sylvia, there’s a… | -我去看看梳妆台那有没有 -西维亚… |
[1:06:14] | Mother, please see if George has the tickets. Michael, where are your socks? | 妈妈 你去看看乔治拿好票了么 麦克 你的袜子在哪 |
[1:06:19] | Wait here, don’t move. | 在这 等一下 别动 |
[1:06:56] | Take her feet, George. | 扶一下她的脚 乔治 |
[1:07:01] | We’ll need some more blankets. | 我们还需要毯子 |
[1:07:05] | Oh, take Michael with you, would you? | 把麦克带走 好么? |
[1:07:10] | She looks much worse than when we were at the cottage. | 这次妈妈病的比上次在小村里更严重 |
[1:07:14] | Sh, Michael. | 嘘 麦克 |
[1:07:18] | -Those 25 seats, has anyone shown up? -No, sir. Not yet. | -那25个座位 还没人来么? -不 没有 先生 |
[1:07:21] | Precisely. Have there been many people asking for seats? | 好 是不是有很多人想买了? |
[1:07:23] | -Yes, sir. -Charles. | -是的 先生 -查尔斯 |
[1:07:24] | I suggest you start selling them. Yes, James? | 我希望你现在就开始卖 詹姆斯? |
[1:07:27] | Have you seen any of the Davies family yet this evening? | 你今天晚上见过戴维斯一家么? |
[1:07:29] | The 25 seats, are they filled? | 那25个座位有人坐么? |
[1:07:30] | -It’s taken care of. -Yes. Yes. | -我已经安排好了 -是的 是的 |
[1:07:32] | Who did you invite? Because obviously whoever you invited decided not to come. | 你到底请了谁? 明显的是你请的人不打算来了 |
[1:07:35] | -The seats will be filled, I promise. -Yes. You’ve been promising me all… | -我向你保证这些座位会有人坐的 -你已经向我保证过了 |
[1:07:37] | -Charles? -Hello, Mr Stanley. | -查尔斯 -你好 斯坦利先生 |
[1:07:39] | Have you seen the Davies family this evening? | 你今天晚上见过戴维斯一家么? |
[1:07:41] | No, sir. | 不 先生 |
[1:07:43] | -Jack has gone to get Dr Brighton. -Oh, no, Mother. I don’t need a doctor. | -杰克去找布赖特医生了 -妈妈 我不需要医生 |
[1:07:46] | Yes, you do, dear. | 你需要 |
[1:07:50] | I think I’ll get some camomile to help you relax. | 我去拿些甘菊让你镇静一下 |
[1:07:53] | Peter will be here if you need anything. | 如果你需要什么 皮特会在这帮你 |
[1:08:03] | Peter. | 彼得 |
[1:08:05] | Peter. | 彼得 |
[1:08:15] | Can I do anything, Mother? | 我能为你做些什么么 妈妈? |
[1:08:17] | No, darling. | 不 亲爱的 |
[1:08:21] | You must go to the play. | 你应该去看戏 |
[1:08:24] | -I can’t do that. -Yes, you can. | -我不能 -你能 |
[1:08:28] | I need you to. | 我需要你去 |
[1:08:31] | I need you to come back tonight and tell me every bit of it. | 我要你回来 告诉我关于这场戏的每个细节 |
[1:08:36] | Please. | 求求你 |
[1:08:38] | It’s only a play, Mother. | 那只是一场戏 妈妈 |
[1:08:41] | It doesn’t matter. | 它不重要 |
[1:08:48] | What do you want? | 你想要什么? |
[1:08:50] | Take it out. | 把它拿出来 |
[1:08:55] | Open it. | 打开 |
[1:09:08] | I’ve never been so proud of you. | 我从来没为你感到如此骄傲 |
[1:09:24] | Last call, please, ladies and gentlemen. Last call. | 最后一次了 女士先生们 最后一次 |
[1:09:27] | Yes, yes, yes. It’s all right. They know. | 是的 是的 没事了 |
[1:09:30] | We had time to sell those 25 seats. The play’s starting. | 我们本来还有时间把那25张票卖出去的 戏开场了 |
[1:09:46] | -Charles. -What? | -查尔斯 -什么事? |
[1:09:47] | -They’re here. -Who’s here? | -他们来了 -谁来了? |
[1:09:54] | Do forgive them being a bit late – short legs, long walk from the orphanage. | 原谅他们来得迟了一些 他们从孤儿院走过来是很远的 |
[1:09:58] | I’m not clear what they’re doing here. | 我不知道他们来干什么 |
[1:10:00] | -They’ve come to see the play. -Mm-hm. | 他们是来看戏的 |
[1:10:02] | -That’s the 25 seats. -Mm. | 就是那25张票 |
[1:10:04] | 25 seats given to orphans. Right. Now my nightmare is complete. | 25个座位留给孤儿 好 现在我的噩梦完整了 |
[1:10:08] | You can start your play now. | 你可以开始你的戏剧了 |
[1:10:10] | Your play. | 你的戏剧 |
[1:10:17] | Get them in the scattered seats. | 让他们作到分散的座位上去 |
[1:10:35] | Just there, boys. | 就是那 孩子们 |
[1:11:10] | Excuse me, sir. This way. | 对不起先生 这边 |
[1:11:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:11:15] | Looks like we got one of the better-dressed ones. | 我们边上是个打扮不错的孤儿 |
[1:11:19] | I just want you to know, I think you’re a wonderful dog. | 我只想让你知道 你是一只无与伦比的狗 |
[1:11:24] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:12:25] | I won’t go to bed. I won’t. I won’t. | 我不睡觉 不睡 就不睡 |
[1:12:29] | Nana, it isn’t six o’clock yet. | 奶妈 还没到6点呢 |
[1:12:31] | Two minutes more. | 再给2分钟 |
[1:12:33] | Please. One minute more. | 求求你 再给1分钟 |
[1:12:36] | Nana, I will not be bathed. I tell you, I will not be bathed. | 奶妈 我告诉你我不洗澡 我就不洗澡 |
[1:12:46] | Who are you? | 是谁? |
[1:12:55] | No one there. Yet I feel sure I saw a face. | 没人在那 但我好像感觉到有人 |
[1:13:00] | My children. | 我的孩子们 |
[1:13:04] | -How is she? -She’s resting. | -她怎么样了? -她在休息 |
[1:13:08] | -May I see her? -No, Mr Barrie. | -我能见她么? -不 贝瑞先生 |
[1:13:10] | I don’t think we need to include you in everything that goes on in this household. | 我不认为这个家里的什么事 你都要参加 |
[1:13:13] | -But she’d want to see him. -Be quiet, George. | -但是她想见他 -别吵 乔治 |
[1:13:15] | And since, as I’ve discovered, | 自从我发现 |
[1:13:16] | you’ve seen fit to conceal certain facts about my daughter’s condition from me, | 你隐瞒我女儿的身体状况后 |
[1:13:21] | I feel no remorse at excluding you from my home. | 我变毫不迟疑地 将你排斥在我的家门之外 |
[1:13:24] | But you can’t… | 但是你不能… |
[1:13:25] | -Go upstairs, George, now. -Stop ordering me about. | -现在上楼去 乔治! -别对我指手画脚! |
[1:13:28] | This isn’t your home. It’s our home. | 这不是你的家 这是我们的家! |
[1:13:31] | Just cos Mother’s needed your help recently | 妈妈需要你的帮助 |
[1:13:33] | doesn’t give you the right to rule over her existence. | 但这并没给你无视她存在的权利 |
[1:13:35] | She’s not a child anymore, and neither am I. | 她不再是个孩子了 我也不是 |
[1:13:38] | If she wants to see Uncle Jim, she can see Uncle Jim. | 只要她相见詹姆斯叔叔 她就能见 |
[1:13:40] | There’s nothing you can do about it. | 你什么都不能干涉 |
[1:13:47] | -Mother? -Yes, darling? | -妈妈 -亲爱的 |
[1:13:53] | James. | 詹姆斯 |
[1:13:55] | No. Your play. | 不 你的戏 |
[1:14:01] | Look at all this. | 看看这一切 |
[1:14:04] | I’d have come tonight, it’s just… | 我今天本来是要去的 只是… |
[1:14:06] | -Mother, you need to rest. -I still have things to do here. | -妈妈 你需要休息 -只是有太多事要做了 |
[1:14:10] | See? This needs mending. | 你看 这里需要补了 |
[1:14:13] | Four boys, no end of patches. | 四个孩子 打不完的补丁 |
[1:14:17] | Can’t seem to keep up. | 都做不完 |
[1:14:21] | I haven’t the time for all this. | 我都没时间做这些 |
[1:14:24] | Don’t look at me like that, James. You make me feel so utterly exposed. | 别这样看我 你让我觉得被你看穿了 |
[1:14:32] | Boys, would you give me a moment with your mother, please? Thank you. | 孩子们 让我和你妈妈谈谈 好么? 谢谢 |
[1:14:57] | They can see it, you know. | 你明白他们都知道了 |
[1:15:01] | You can’t go on just pretending. | 你不能再装下去了 |
[1:15:05] | “Just pretending”? | 假装? |
[1:15:10] | You brought pretending into this family, James. | 詹姆斯 是你把”假装”带到这个家庭里的 |
[1:15:15] | You showed us we can change things by simply believing them to be different. | 你告诉我们只要我们相信 我们就能改变 |
[1:15:18] | A lot of things, Sylvia, not everything. | 很多的事 西维亚 但不是所有的事都是这样 |
[1:15:21] | But the things that matter. | 但是重要的事都是这样 |
[1:15:25] | We’ve pretended for some time now that you’re a part of this family, haven’t we? | 我们假装你是这个家庭的一分子 对不对? |
[1:15:37] | You’ve come to mean so much to us all that now it doesn’t matter if it’s true. | 你对我们如此重要 这些是不是真的都无关紧要 |
[1:15:47] | And even if it isn’t true, | 即使那不是真的 |
[1:15:50] | even if that can never be… | 永远都不是 |
[1:15:56] | I need to go on pretending. | 我还是要假装下去 |
[1:16:01] | Until the end. | 直到最后 |
[1:16:05] | With you. | 和你 |
[1:16:09] | -Oh, I am sweet. -How do you do it? | -哦 我太可爱了 -你怎么做到的? |
[1:16:13] | You just think lovely, wonderful thoughts and they lift you up in the air. | 你就想想美好的事 然后它们就会把你托上天 |
[1:16:21] | You are so nippy at it. Couldn’t you do it very slowly once? | 你太快了 能慢点再作一次么? |
[1:16:30] | Yes, I’ve got it now, Wendy. | 现在我会了 温迪 |
[1:16:34] | I must blow fairy dust on you first. | 我必须先给你们吹口仙气 |
[1:16:47] | Now try. Try it from the beds. | 现在试试 从床上开始 |
[1:16:50] | Just wriggle your shoulders like this and then let go. | 先抖抖肩膀 然后飞起来 |
[1:16:55] | -I flew! -How ripping! | -我飞起来了 -多奇妙啊 |
[1:16:59] | Now join hands. | 现在手拉手 |
[1:17:05] | -Look at me! -I do like it! | -看看我 -感觉好极了 |
[1:17:10] | -Bravo! -Let’s go out. | -好啊! -让我们飞出去 |
[1:17:14] | Second on the right and straight on till morning. | 第二个口向右转 然后直走到早晨 |
[1:17:18] | Genius. | 天才! |
[1:17:24] | -Sylvia, don’t move. -I feel a little better. | -西维亚 躺着别动 -我感觉好多了 |
[1:17:29] | It’s been a bad day, that’s all. | 今天可真糟糕 |
[1:17:34] | Now I want you to go back to the theater. | 我现在要你回到剧院去 |
[1:17:37] | Find Peter. | 找到彼得 |
[1:17:40] | -Of course. -Thank you. | -当然可以 -谢谢 |
[1:17:47] | Are you sure there’s nothing else I can do for you? | 没有其他的事我可以为你做的么? |
[1:17:52] | No. | 没有 |
[1:17:56] | Well, | 哦 |
[1:17:58] | I have always wanted to go to Neverland. | 我总想去梦幻岛 |
[1:18:02] | You did promise to tell me about it, you know. | 你保证过你会告诉我那是什么地方的 |
[1:18:05] | Aye. That I did. | 我保证过 |
[1:18:09] | It’s a bit late for it tonight though, I’m afraid. | 今天怕是太晚了 |
[1:18:14] | Perhaps some time soon though? | 可能不久的将来吧 |
[1:18:24] | Most definitely. | 一定 |
[1:18:27] | -D’you mean we shall both be drowned? -Look how the water is rising. | -你的意思是我们都会被淹死么? -看水在涨 |
[1:18:35] | It must be the tail of the kite we made for Michael. | 这肯定是我们给麦克做的风筝的尾巴 |
[1:18:39] | You remember. It tore itself out of his hands and floated away. | 你记得么? 它挣脱了他的手 自己飞走了 |
[1:18:45] | -The kite. Why shouldn’t it carry you? -Both of us. | -风筝! 它可以带着你 -带着我们俩 |
[1:18:51] | It can’t lift two. Michael and Curly tried. | 它不能带2个人 麦克和克里试过了 |
[1:18:54] | I won’t go without you, Peter. | 没有你我不会走的 彼得 |
[1:18:57] | Let us draw lots which is to stay behind. | 让我们抽签决定谁留下 |
[1:19:00] | And you a lady? Never. | 女士优先 我不会那么做的 |
[1:19:06] | Ready, Wendy? | 准备好了么 温迪 |
[1:19:07] | Peter! | 彼得 |
[1:19:09] | Don’t let go, Wendy. | 别放手 温迪 |
[1:19:12] | Peter, I’m frightened. | 彼得 我害怕 |
[1:19:15] | Hang on, Wendy! | 坚持住 温迪 |
[1:19:19] | Peter! | 彼得 |
[1:19:21] | To die will be an awfully big adventure. | 死亡是一场伟大的冒险 |
[1:19:41] | -I’m glad you came. -Well… | 我很高兴你能来 |
[1:19:45] | I’ve never missed an opening. | 我从没错过首映式的 |
[1:19:48] | So I… | 那么我想… |
[1:19:51] | assume you heard about Gilbert and I. | 你听说了吉伯特和我… |
[1:19:54] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:19:57] | Quite the scandal, so I’m told. | 我听说是个丑闻 |
[1:20:07] | How are you? | 你怎么样? |
[1:20:14] | I’m all right. | 我很好 |
[1:20:17] | How are you? | 你呢? |
[1:20:21] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[1:20:26] | Don’t be. | 别这样 |
[1:20:29] | Without that family, you could never have written anything like this. | 没有那一家 你是写不出这样的作品的 |
[1:20:34] | You need them. | 你需要他们 |
[1:20:44] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[1:20:58] | -Mr Barrie. -Mrs Snow. | -贝瑞先生 -斯诺夫人 |
[1:21:01] | Thank you. That was quite the nicest evening I’ve ever spent in the theater. | 谢谢 这是我在剧院里度过的最美好的夜晚 |
[1:21:05] | Very kind of you to say. Thank you. Where’s Mr Snow this evening? | 过奖 谢谢 斯诺先生今天晚上在那呢? |
[1:21:10] | I’m afraid he’s left us. | 他已经离开我们了 |
[1:21:13] | And he would so have loved this evening. | 他会很喜欢今晚的 |
[1:21:16] | The pirates and the Indians. | 海盗 印第安人 |
[1:21:18] | He was really just a boy himself, you know. | 你知道他其实只是个孩子 |
[1:21:22] | To the very end. | 直到最后 |
[1:21:25] | I’m terribly sorry. How are you doing? | 我很难过 你怎么样呢? |
[1:21:28] | I’m doing well enough now, thank you. | 我现在很好 谢谢 |
[1:21:32] | I suppose it’s all the work of the ticking crocodile, isn’t it? | 我想那是鳄鱼的功劳 不是么? |
[1:21:38] | Time is chasing after all of us. Isn’t that right? | 时间一直在追赶着我们 不是么? |
[1:21:44] | -That’s right, Mrs Snow. -Aunt Rose, your drink. | -是啊 斯诺太太 -罗斯阿姨 你的酒 |
[1:21:47] | Thank you. I mustn’t keep you. You’ve a lot of friends here. | 谢谢 我不能再耽搁你了 你的朋友等着呢 |
[1:21:51] | Well, it’s lovely to see you. I’m terribly sorry, once again. | 很高兴今天见到你 再一次深表我的哀悼 |
[1:21:56] | -Was that Mr Barrie? -That was Mr Barrie. | -那是贝瑞先生么? -是贝瑞先生 |
[1:21:59] | Well done, Mr Barrie. | 干的好 贝瑞先生 |
[1:22:02] | -Good show. -Well done. | -精彩的演出 -干的好 |
[1:22:12] | What did you think? | 你认为怎么样? |
[1:22:14] | -It’s about our summer together, isn’t it? -It is. | -那是我们夏天在一起的故事 对不对? -是啊 |
[1:22:17] | -About all of us. -That’s right. | -关于我们所有人的 -对 |
[1:22:21] | Did you like it? | 你喜欢么? |
[1:22:24] | It’s magical. Thank you. | 太神奇了 谢谢 |
[1:22:27] | Oh, thank you. | 哦 谢谢你 |
[1:22:30] | Thank you, Peter. | 谢谢你 彼得 |
[1:22:32] | -This is Peter Pan! How wonderful. -Really? | -这就是彼得·潘 多奇妙啊! -真的么? |
[1:22:36] | You’re Peter Pan? Why, you must be quite the little adventurer. | 你就是彼得·潘么? 那你肯定是个小冒险家 |
[1:22:40] | Look, it’s true. He has no shadow. | 看 这是真的 他没有影子 |
[1:22:44] | But I’m not Peter Pan. | 但我不是彼得·潘 |
[1:22:47] | He is. | 他才是 |
[1:23:00] | And there’s been no improvement since my last visit? | 上次我来后感觉没好点么? |
[1:23:04] | No. | 没有 |
[1:23:12] | Has James been by at all today, Mother? | 今天詹姆斯来过没有 妈妈? |
[1:23:17] | Dr Brighton. May I have a word? | 布赖特医生 我能和你谈一下么? |
[1:23:22] | Excuse me a moment. | 失陪 |
[1:23:28] | You haven’t been keeping him from me, have you? | 你没有不让他来吧? |
[1:23:32] | As a matter of fact, I actually hoped he might come. | 事实上 我希望他能来 |
[1:23:34] | Would have proved me wrong about him. | 这样才能证明我对他的看法是错的 |
[1:23:37] | Of course, with the success of his play, | 当然 由于他的戏剧大获成功 |
[1:23:39] | the whole of London must be knocking at his door. | 整个伦敦都在敲他的门 |
[1:23:47] | I’m sorry, dear. | 对不起 亲爱的 |
[1:23:53] | -What is it? -It’s a secret. | -怎么了? -这是个秘密 |
[1:23:56] | -Quiet, Michael. -I didn’t say anything. | -别说 麦克 -我什么都没说啊 |
[1:24:00] | Mother, could you come downstairs for a moment? | 妈妈 你能下楼待一会么? |
[1:24:02] | Oh, she can’t come downstairs. What are you thinking of, George? | 她当然不能下楼 乔治 你在想什么呢? |
[1:24:05] | Actually, I think a trip downstairs might do her good, ma’am. | 太太 我想下楼一趟 对她的身体会有好处的 |
[1:24:18] | -What have you been up to? -Just wait and see. | -你们准备了什么? -等着看好了 |
[1:24:31] | It’s a play. | 那是一场戏剧 |
[1:24:33] | It’s not just a play, Michael. It’s the play. | 那不只是一场戏剧 麦克 那是我们特别的戏 |
[1:24:38] | Of course, we’ll have to make do with a few compromises. | 当然我们会做一些妥协 |
[1:24:42] | Much of it will have to be imagined. | 大部分的戏都要靠想象 |
[1:24:44] | -As it should be. -As it should be, that’s right. | -应该这样 -应该这样 没错 |
[1:24:56] | Michael, come and sit here, next to Mum. | 麦克 过来坐 坐妈妈边上 |
[1:25:03] | When you’re ready. | 准备好了 |
[1:25:31] | I won’t go to bed. I won’t. I won’t. | 我不睡觉 不睡 就不睡 |
[1:25:34] | Nana, it isn’t six o’clock yet. Two minutes more. Please. | 奶妈 还没到6点呢 再给2分钟 求你了 |
[1:25:39] | -You know fairies, Peter? -Yes. | -你认识精灵 彼得? -是的 |
[1:25:44] | But they’re nearly all dead now. | 但精灵现在都快死光了 |
[1:25:46] | You see, Wendy, when the first baby laughed for the first time, | 你听着 当第一个婴儿发出第一声笑的时候 |
[1:25:51] | the laugh broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about | 笑声分成了壹千份 它们四处散去 |
[1:25:55] | and that was the beginning of fairies. | 那就是精灵的开始 |
[1:25:58] | And now when every new baby is born, its first laugh becomes a fairy. | 每当一个婴儿出生时 他的第一声笑都会变成一个精灵 |
[1:26:03] | So there ought to be one fairy for every boy and girl. | 所以每个孩子都应该有一个精灵 |
[1:26:07] | -Ought to be? Isn’t there? -Oh, no. | -应该? 难道不是这样么? -不是 |
[1:26:10] | Children know such a lot now. Soon, they don’t believe in fairies. | 现在的孩子知道的那么多 他们不相信精灵了 |
[1:26:14] | And every time a child says, “I don’t believe in fairies,” | 每当他们说”我不相信有精灵”的时候 |
[1:26:18] | there’s a fairy somewhere that falls down dead. | 某个地方就会有个精灵 从空中掉下来死去 |
[1:26:25] | Who is that? | 是谁? |
[1:26:30] | The redskins were defeated? | 红肤人被打败了 |
[1:26:33] | Wendy and the boys captured by the pirates? | 温迪和男孩子们都被海盗抓住了 |
[1:26:37] | I’ll rescue her. I’ll rescue her! | 我要去救她 我要去救她 |
[1:26:42] | Oh, that’s just my medicine. | 哦 那只是我的药 |
[1:26:45] | Poisoned? Who could have poisoned it? | 有毒? 是谁在我的药里下了毒? |
[1:26:51] | Why, Tink. You’ve drunk my medicine. | 为什么? 叮当 你喝了我的药 |
[1:26:57] | It was poisoned. | 药被下毒了 |
[1:27:01] | And you drank it to save my life? | 你喝下它来救我的命 |
[1:27:06] | Tink. | 叮当 |
[1:27:10] | Are you dying? | 你是不是快死了? |
[1:27:16] | Her light is growing faint. | 她的灯越来越昏暗 |
[1:27:20] | If it goes out, that means she’s dead. | 如果灯灭了 那就意味着她死了 |
[1:27:27] | Her voice is so low I can scarcely hear what she’s saying. | 她的声音是那么低 我几乎听不到她说什么 |
[1:27:30] | She says she thinks she could get well again | 她说如果孩子们相信有精灵的话 |
[1:27:34] | if children believed in fairies. | 她就能好起来 |
[1:27:43] | Do you believe in fairies? | 你们相信精灵么? |
[1:27:48] | Say quick that you believe. | 快点说你们相信啊! |
[1:27:54] | If you believe, clap your hands. | 如果你们相信就鼓掌 |
[1:27:59] | Clap louder. | 大点声 |
[1:28:07] | Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢! 谢谢! |
[1:28:53] | That is Neverland. | 那就是梦幻岛 |
[1:30:19] | So many perfect days. | 曾和她拥有多么美好的时光 |
[1:30:24] | I really began to believe we’d go on like that forever. | 我曾认为我们会永远那么幸福 |
[1:30:28] | Oh, stop it. | 别说了 |
[1:30:31] | She wasn’t going to stay with you forever. | 她不会永远和你在一起的 |
[1:30:34] | She had a husband. My father. | 她是有丈夫的 我父亲 |
[1:30:38] | She never cared for you the way she did for him. | 她对你和对他永远是不一样的 |
[1:30:43] | I’m not trying to replace your father, Peter. | 彼得 我并没想代替你父亲 |
[1:30:46] | I could never do that. | 我不会那么做的 |
[1:30:56] | You’d best let him go. | 你最好让他走 |
[1:31:01] | George, would you take the boys back to the house? I’ll be with you in a moment. | 乔治 你把孩子们带回家去 我马上就回去 |
[1:31:07] | Go on, dear. | 走吧 亲爱的 |
[1:31:16] | I’m terribly sorry. | 我非常抱歉 |
[1:31:19] | I’ve ruined everything I’ve touched in this family. | 在这个家庭里 每次我触及的东西都会被我毁掉 |
[1:31:23] | Stop giving yourself so much credit. | 别给自己揽这么多功劳 |
[1:31:26] | Peter’s grieving. It has nothing to do with you. | 彼得只是很伤心 这和你没关系 |
[1:31:31] | Perhaps if I just had a bit more time with him. | 可能 只要我和他再多处一段时间… |
[1:31:33] | No, Mr Barrie. That won’t be good enough. | 不 贝瑞先生 那不够 |
[1:31:37] | If “a bit more time” is all you can provide, you’d better leave him alone. | 若你只能提供一点时间的话 你还是让他一个人待着 |
[1:31:45] | I know you don’t much care for me, Mrs du Maurier, and I respect that, | 我知道您不是很喜欢我 夫人 我也尊重这一点 |
[1:31:49] | but I loved your daughter very much. | 但是我很爱您的女儿 |
[1:31:53] | And I love those boys. | 我也喜欢孩子们 |
[1:31:55] | And I think they need me right now. | 而且我想他们现在需要我 |
[1:31:57] | Is that so? | 是这样么? |
[1:31:59] | And for how long after? | 那你能这么做多长时间呢? |
[1:32:03] | Meaning what? | 什么意思? |
[1:32:05] | Sylvia has requested a co-guardianship for the boys in her will. | 西维亚提出孩子们的共同监护权 |
[1:32:10] | You, Mr Barrie, and myself. | 她的遗愿是你 贝瑞先生和我自己来担当 |
[1:32:17] | -And what do you have to say about that? -I shall respect my daughter’s wishes. | -您的意思呢? -我会尊重我女儿的意思 |
[1:32:23] | Something I should have done more of while she was alive. | 这是她在世的时候我该多做的事 |
[1:32:29] | But if you feel you’re not ready for such a commitment, | 但如果你对这责任还没做好充分的准备 |
[1:32:31] | I assure you I can certainly look after the boys by myself. | 我可以保证我一个人能照顾好孩子们 |
[1:32:37] | Do you think I could abandon those boys? | 您认为我能抛弃这些孩子么? |
[1:32:49] | Sit down, Peter. | 坐下 彼得 |
[1:33:11] | Mother pasted it back together | 在我毁了这本书后 |
[1:33:15] | after I ruined it. | 妈妈又把它粘回去了 |
[1:33:18] | And then I saw the play. | 我看过那场戏了 |
[1:33:20] | I just started writing and I haven’t been able to stop. | 我又可以开始写了 我会继续下去的 不会半途而废 |
[1:33:27] | She would be very pleased to know that. | 她会很高兴知道你这么做的 |
[1:33:34] | Listen. I’ve just spoken with your grandmother | 听着 我刚才和你祖母说了 |
[1:33:39] | and I’m staying. | 我会和你们在一起 |
[1:33:41] | For good. | 永远… |
[1:33:47] | I’m sorry I was so horrible. | 对不起 刚才我对你的态度糟透了 |
[1:33:51] | Don’t worry. | 别放在心上 |
[1:33:56] | It’s just… | 只是… |
[1:33:59] | I thought she’d always be here. | 我想她会永远留在这 |
[1:34:04] | So did I. | 我也这么想 |
[1:34:08] | But, in fact… | 而且 事实上… |
[1:34:13] | she is. | 她的确在 |
[1:34:16] | Because she’s on every page of your imagination. | 因为她在你想象空间的每一页里 |
[1:34:22] | You’ll always have her there. Always. | 她永远在那里 永远… |
[1:34:31] | But why did she have to die? | 但她为什么要死呢? |
[1:34:42] | I don’t know, boy. | 我不知道 孩子 |
[1:34:48] | When I think of your mother… | 当我想起你母亲的时候 |
[1:34:52] | I will always remember how happy she looked | 我总记得她坐在客厅里 |
[1:34:55] | sitting there in the parlor, | 愉悦的表情 |
[1:34:57] | watching a play about her family. | 看着关于自己全家人的戏剧 |
[1:35:00] | About her boys that never grew up. | 里面有她永远长不大的孩子 |
[1:35:08] | She went to Neverland. | 她去了梦幻岛 |
[1:35:12] | And you can visit her any time you like | 你什么时候想去看她都行 |
[1:35:17] | if you just go there yourself. | 如果你自己去梦幻岛的话 |
[1:35:22] | How? | 怎么去? |
[1:35:25] | By believing, Peter. | 只要相信就行 彼得 |
[1:35:29] | Just believe. | 只要相信 |
[1:35:44] | I can see her. | 我看见她了 |