时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:12] | I see stained carpet. | 我看到了脏兮兮的地毯 |
[00:19] | Please don’t. | 拜托别这样说 |
[00:24] | Help me. | 帮帮我 |
[00:25] | So, uh, what will you do | 那你的首个自由之夜 |
[00:28] | with your first night of freedom? | 要做些什么 |
[00:39] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[00:42] | Um, I just didn’t think to invite him. | 我没想过要邀请他 |
[00:45] | Yeah, why didn’t you invite Nicholas? | 是啊 你怎么没邀请尼古拉斯 |
[00:47] | It’s nothing. | 没什么 |
[00:52] | Like, lately it’s been challenging. | 最近我跟他出了点问题 |
[00:59] | He never listens to me | 他从不听我说话 |
[01:00] | and he’s always making me feel like | 他常常让我觉得 |
[01:01] | I’m dumb for complaining. | 我的抱怨很蠢 |
[01:16] | I’m not you and Mom. | 我跟你和妈妈不一样 |
[01:21] | Okay, well, I don’t agree with that. | 好吧 我不同意 |
[01:22] | He just wants me to be single with him so he’s not alone. | 他只想我跟他一起单身 那样他就不孤单了 |
[01:47] | – I’m going now. – No. Wait, wait, wait, wait. | -我要走了 -别走 等等 |
[01:49] | First, I got this whole apology for you. | 首先 我要跟你道歉 |
[01:52] | What for? | 为什么道歉 |
[01:53] | Well, ’cause you got upset. | 因为你不高兴了 |
[01:55] | Because I got upset, so it’s on me now. | 因为我不高兴 所以现在是我的问题吗 |
[01:58] | Well… Oh, I see. | 好吧 我知道了 |
[02:01] | No, I just, um… | 不 我只是… |
[02:03] | No, I just wanna apologize… | 不 我只是想道歉 |
[02:06] | …that, um, I, just because… | 我只是因为… |
[02:09] | Oh, I really thought I could do this, but I just… | 我真以为我能做到的 但我就是… |
[02:10] | Apologies, you know, they always get stuck in my throat. | 道歉的话 总是卡在我的喉咙里 |
[02:12] | Okay, should I search “How to do an apology”? | 行吧 要我搜搜”如何道歉”吗 |
[02:15] | No, I think it’s fine, I think we did it. | 不用 我觉得这样就行了 我想我们和好了 |
[02:16] | I think you get it. | 我想你明白我的意思 |
[02:19] | “Step one: acknowledge the mistake.” | “步骤一 承认错误” |
[02:22] | Okay. Um, I think that, um… | 好吧 我觉得… |
[02:25] | Well, I didn’t ask you how you feel | 我没怎么询问你 |
[02:26] | about your parents’ divorce enough. Right? | 对于父母离婚这事的感受 对吧 |
[02:31] | – And? – And? | -还有呢 -还有吗 |
[02:33] | When I do ask, I, um, | 我问的时候 |
[02:35] | I’m a little bit robotic-seeming. | 我有点像机器人 |
[02:37] | Is that good? Am I doing it? Am I doing a good job? | 是这样吗 是这样做吗 我这样做对吗 |
[02:40] | Yeah, you’re doing a great job. I think you’re right on track. | 是啊 你做得很好 我觉得你方向没错 |
[02:42] | It’s just that you should have just told me | 如果这是你想要的话 |
[02:43] | if that’s what you wanted, okay? ‘Cause, like, I didn’t… | 你应该直接告诉我的 好吗 因为我不… |
[02:45] | How am I to know if you don’t tell me? | 如果你不说 我怎么会知道 |
[02:47] | Okay, well, step two was “Take ownership,” | 好吧 步骤二是”承认责任” |
[02:49] | so you fumbled there. | 所以你这步错了 |
[02:53] | It just keeps beeping, doesn’t it? | 这玩意一直在哔哔响 是吧 |
[02:55] | – Just k– – Should we try the last step? | -一直… -要试试最后一步吗 |
[02:56] | Just keeps beeping. | 一直在哔哔响 |
[02:58] | Um, yes, please. | 好的 请说 |
[02:59] | “Step three: Commit to change.” | “步骤三 承诺改变” |
[03:02] | That just feels like a lie, doesn’t it? | 这感觉像在撒谎 不是吗 |
[03:04] | No, it does, people don’t actually change, do they? | 是啊 人其实不会改变 是吧 |
[03:07] | I’m just gonna wait out you processing that. | 我就等你好好想想你刚才说的那句蠢话 |
[03:10] | Okay. I’m, um… | 好吧 我… |
[03:12] | I’m gonna try harder to be less robotic with my empathy, | 我会努力尝试运用同理心 不那么像机器人 |
[03:15] | because it’s not easy to date a robot, is it? | 因为跟机器人约会不容易 是吧 |
[03:20] | ‘Cause you can’t really trust robots. | 因为你没法真正信任机器人 |
[03:22] | So, what I’m gonna do is I’m gonna try and be more… | 所以我要做的是 我要试着更加… |
[03:25] | I’m gonna try and be less… | 我要试着更少… |
[03:28] | I’m gonna try and be more like, “Hey, buddy.” | 我要试着更常说”嘿 兄弟” |
[03:32] | – You did it. – I did it? | -你做到了 -我做到了吗 |
[03:34] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[03:35] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[03:39] | – I’ll see you later. – Bye. | -晚点见 -再见 |
[03:43] | Your heart’s about to be all aflutter. | 你的心马上就要激动难平了 |
[03:45] | Why? | 为什么 |
[03:46] | It’s from your special little friend. | 这是你的特别小朋友送的 |
[03:50] | Oscar? | 奥斯卡 |
[03:52] | Someone bought me a present. | 有人给我送了礼物 |
[03:54] | It’s not my birthday | 今天不是我生日 |
[03:55] | and they’re not even related to me, | 他们甚至跟我没有关系 |
[03:57] | and they bought me a present. | 他们送了我礼物 |
[04:01] | – What is it? – It-it’s a record. | -是什么礼物 -是张唱片 |
[04:03] | Well, that’s quite nice. | 那真不错 |
[04:05] | It’s in a… Sort of quite calming | 在一个… 你有点过于平静 |
[04:07] | – in its expectedness, actually. – Yeah. | -像是在意料之中 -是啊 |
[04:09] | I actually quite liked that. Opening up that box. | 我其实非常喜欢 打开礼物盒子 |
[04:13] | Where do we, like, put that? | 我们要把这个放哪 |
[04:15] | There’s a record player in the garage. | 车库里有台唱片机 |
[04:17] | I’d bloody love to look for a record player. | 我很乐意去找唱片机 |
[04:19] | I would. | 我去找 |
[04:24] | OMW means “On my way.” | OMW的意思是”我在路上了” |
[04:27] | GTHI. Good To Hear It. | GTHI是很高兴收到你的消息 |
[04:29] | That’s a new one. | 这是个新暗号 |
[04:30] | Don’t write that, it’s a joke. | 不用写下来 我只是开玩笑 |
[04:32] | Here they are. | 她们在这呢 |
[04:33] | It’s Drea and Matilda. | 是德雅和玛蒂尔达 |
[04:35] | Drea, Matilda. Drea, Matilda | 德雅 玛蒂尔达 德雅 玛蒂尔达 |
[04:37] | They’re not lesbians but they are together. | 她们不是同性恋 但却在一起呢 |
[04:39] | Never touching but they are in love-ah-ba-ba-ba | 互不触碰 但却爱着彼此呢 |
[04:44] | Actually I identify as homo-romantic asexual. | 其实我是个同性浪漫吸引的无性恋者 |
[04:47] | – Okay. – We invited a man named Ian over | -好吧 -我们邀请了一个叫伊恩的男人 |
[04:50] | for a no-strings-attached hookup. | 来一次没有附加条件的约炮 |
[04:53] | A what, a man? | 什么 一个男人 |
[04:54] | – Yes. – Who? | -没错 -谁 |
[04:55] | Ian. | 伊恩 |
[04:57] | – He’s 26. – No. 26 is too old. | -他26岁了 -不行 26岁太老了 |
[05:00] | Please tell them 26 is too old. | 拜托告诉她们26岁太老了 |
[05:02] | 26 was a senior citizen in the Middle Ages. | 26岁在中世纪已经算老人了 |
[05:04] | I love how much you know about history, Genevieve. | 我真喜欢你这么了解历史 吉妮芙 |
[05:08] | – Who is he? – Ian. | -他是谁 -伊恩 |
[05:09] | Yes, I know that, but, like, what do we know about him? | 这个我知道 但我们对他有什么了解 |
[05:12] | We don’t know anything about him. | 我们不了解他的任何东西 |
[05:13] | We’ve agreed not to ask him. | 我们说好了不问他 |
[05:16] | Yeah, Matilda will introduce herself | 对 玛蒂尔达会自我介绍 |
[05:17] | and then she’ll take him into the bedroom. | 然后她会带他去房间 |
[05:19] | Wait, this is something you guys are doing together? | 等等 这是你们一起做的事吗 |
[05:21] | I’m asexual, Genevieve. What would I do in there? | 我是无性恋者 吉妮芙 我在那干什么 |
[05:24] | Drea stays in the kitchen. | 德雅留在厨房 |
[05:26] | I don’t have to stay in the kitchen. | 我不非得留在厨房 |
[05:27] | It’s wherever I feel comfortable. | 我可以在任何我感觉舒服的地方 |
[05:29] | Well, when you put it that way, it’s a beautiful plan. | 听你这么一说 这计划很不错 |
[05:32] | No, I have decided this isn’t allowed. | 不 我决定不允许你这么做 |
[05:34] | I don’t need your permission, I own a third of this house. | 我不需要你的允许 这房子有1/3是我的 |
[05:36] | Well, actually I think you do. | 对 这话说得没错 |
[05:39] | I’m 18. I’m allowed to join the military. | 我18岁了 我可以参军了 |
[05:42] | Yeah, and if you were joining the military, | 对 如果你真的想参军 |
[05:43] | I’d say, “Babe, nah, don’t do that. | 我会说 “宝贝 别这么做 |
[05:46] | That’s not good.” | 这样不好” |
[05:48] | It’s really important you don’t make this awkward | 这真的很重要 拜托你别搞得这么尴尬 |
[05:51] | and ruin everything! | 并毁掉一切 |
[05:52] | Matilda… | 玛蒂尔达 |
[05:53] | I do not want a 26-year-old heterosexual man in this house. | 我不想让一个26岁的异性恋男人来这个屋子 |
[05:57] | Well, it’s not like we’re going to do it | 但我们又不是 |
[06:00] | on the lawn! | 在草坪上做 |
[06:07] | Did you… Did you sniffle? | 你 你是在抽泣吗 |
[06:09] | Like a bit. A bit. Maybe a bit. | 有一点 一点 就一点 |
[06:17] | Oh, God. You are… You’re crying. | 天呐 你在 你在哭 |
[06:20] | It’s fine. Please. Just ignore me. | 没事 拜托 忽略我就好 |
[06:22] | Thank you. Please. | 谢谢 拜托 |
[06:23] | – Yeah. Okay. – Yep. Okay. | -好 -对 |
[06:28] | Parenting is like, it’s hard, isn’t it? | 为人父母真难 对吧 |
[06:33] | All right. Cool. | 好吧 酷 |
[06:34] | I’m here. I’m back, baby. I’m back! | 我来了 我回来了 宝贝 我回来了 |
[06:37] | I’m ready to help. | 我准备好帮忙了 |
[06:40] | Yeah, um… | 嗯 |
[06:41] | Maybe we should do the record a different day. | 或许我们该改天听唱片 |
[06:43] | No, today, please. | 不 就今天吧 |
[06:45] | If you promise to be a big boy | 那你要保证做个乖孩子 |
[06:47] | and not cry around it again. | 不再哭了 |
[06:49] | This is a formative teen moment for me | 这是我最爱的青少年时刻 |
[06:50] | and I’d really like to enjoy it. | 我想好好享受 |
[06:53] | Yeah. Okay, understood. | 好 明白 |
[06:58] | Um, do you mind if I sit here? | 你介意我坐这里吗 |
[06:59] | I-I won’t interrupt. | 我不会打断你们 |
[07:01] | Uh, we would love it if you sat there, | 我们很乐意你坐在那里 |
[07:02] | and you’re very welcome to interrupt. | 你也大可以打断我们 |
[07:04] | What are you doing? | 你们在干什么 |
[07:05] | Uh, we’re gonna listen to the sound of Oscar’s heart. | 我们要听奥斯卡的真心了 |
[07:09] | Oh, God, he’s here. | 天呐 他来了 |
[07:10] | – Hello, Ian. – Hey, what are you doing? | -你好 伊恩 -你在干什么 |
[07:12] | This all feels very sudden. | 这感觉太突然了 |
[07:14] | Yes, we only told you 10 minutes ago. | 对 我们十分钟前刚告诉你们 |
[07:19] | – People. – Hi. | -各位 -嗨 |
[07:21] | This is my family. | 这是我的家人 |
[07:22] | – This is my girlfriend. – Hey, family. | -这是我女友 -你好 家人 |
[07:26] | Girlfriend? | 女友吗 |
[07:27] | Hi, Ian. I’m Drea. | 伊恩 我是德雅 |
[07:29] | Matilda’s very serious girlfriend. | 玛蒂尔达是我认真交往的女友 |
[07:33] | I won’t be involved sexually. | 我不会加入你们的性生活 |
[07:34] | Drea and I are in a non-sexual partnership. | 德雅和我是无性爱伴侣 |
[07:39] | Cool, very progressive. | 酷 非常前卫 |
[07:46] | Hi, I’m Genevieve. | 你好 我是吉妮芙 |
[07:48] | Hi, Genevieve. | 你好 吉妮芙 |
[07:49] | Yeah, I know, it’s okay, you don’t need to talk to me. | 我知道 没关系 你不用跟我说话 |
[07:54] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[07:58] | – What’s that for? – It’s to wipe it down. | -这是干什么的 -擦擦干净 |
[08:00] | Okay. | 好 |
[08:04] | Nicholas is all the way from Australia, | 尼古拉斯是从澳大利亚来的 |
[08:06] | Why don’t you tell him about Australia? | 不如你跟他说说澳大利亚吧 |
[08:08] | – Oh, you are? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -对 |
[08:10] | I knew I heard something in your accent, | 我就觉得你有点口音 |
[08:12] | – then I just thought, uh– – He’s just gay? | -但我又想… -他只是个基佬吗 |
[08:16] | Uh, no. | 不是 |
[08:17] | Cool. | 酷 |
[08:18] | Oh, I see you brought wine. | 我看到你带酒了 |
[08:20] | Do you want me to pour you and Nicholas a glass? | 你想让我给你和尼古拉里倒一杯酒吗 |
[08:25] | I don’t… I don’t know. | 我不 我不知道 |
[08:26] | Do you like wine? | 你喜欢酒吗 |
[08:29] | No, I’m fine. | 不 我不用了 |
[08:30] | You… love… wine. | 你…特别爱…喝酒 |
[08:34] | Um, yeah, I mean, I have. Like, I did. | 对 是的 之前是的 |
[08:35] | I’ve had wine before. Like, other times. | 我之前喝过酒了 其他时候 |
[08:38] | But, like, um… | 但是 |
[08:39] | Well, do I pour the wine or not? | 那我到底要不要倒酒 |
[09:02] | And who’s this? | 这是谁 |
[09:03] | Duke, my assistance dog. | 杜克 我的协助犬 |
[09:06] | Does he bite? | 它会咬人吗 |
[09:08] | No. Never. | 不 从不咬人 |
[09:11] | Hey, buddy. | 你好啊 |
[09:13] | You’re just a big, old boy, aren’t you? | 你就是只可爱的大狗 对吧 |
[09:16] | Can I pet him? | 我能摸摸它吗 |
[09:18] | He’s uncomfortable right now. | 它现在不太舒服 |
[09:24] | You can go do it now. | 你们现在可以去做了 |
[09:25] | We have to let him finish his wine | 我们得让他喝完酒 |
[09:28] | or it’s impolite. | 否则不礼貌 |
[09:30] | He-he can take it with him. | 他可以拿进去 |
[09:31] | In the bedroom? I don’t think so. | 进卧室吗 我觉得不行 |
[09:34] | We agreed you wouldn’t do a lot of talking. | 我们说好了你不会聊太多天 |
[09:38] | I want to be a good host. | 我想做个好主人 |
[09:42] | Nicholas… | 尼古拉斯 |
[09:44] | why don’t you take Ian to see your insects? | 不如你带伊恩去看你的昆虫吧 |
[09:46] | That way he can finish his wine | 这样他可以喝完酒 |
[09:47] | and Matilda can stay here. | 玛蒂尔达可以留在这里 |
[09:51] | What? | 什么 |
[09:51] | We have a whole room full of insects. | 我们有一个房间全是昆虫 |
[10:11] | When I see my family through your eyes, | 当我从你的眼中看我的家人时 |
[10:12] | I see The Addams Family. | 我看到了亚当斯一家[怪物一家] |
[10:14] | – And which one are you? – The hot wife. | -那你是谁 -性感的妻子 |
[10:16] | Oh, no, come on! | 不 不是吧 |
[10:20] | What is that thing? | 那是什么 |
[10:21] | Stephanie. | 斯黛芬妮 |
[10:22] | She’s holding eye contact with me. | 它在跟我对视 |
[10:24] | Stephanie is very social. | 斯黛芬妮非常特别 |
[10:33] | It’s California banana slugs. | 这是加州香蕉蛞蝓 |
[10:40] | Yo, I’m gonna die in here, aren’t I? | 喂 我会死在这里 对吧 |
[10:42] | Like, how many people have you fed to that spider | 你给那只蜘蛛喂了多少个 |
[10:45] | with good social skills? | 社交厉害的人类了 |
[10:47] | No. I’m-I’m-I’m not organized enough to serial kill. | 不 我不够有组织性 无法做连环杀手 |
[10:52] | Uh, so, are you… | 那你… |
[10:54] | not cool with your sister inviting me over? | 不喜欢你妹妹邀请我过来吗 |
[10:58] | No. | 对 |
[10:59] | But I came to that conclusion before I met you. | 但那时在我见到你之前得出的结论 |
[11:01] | It’s not personal. | 不是针对你 |
[11:02] | Well, I can leave if you want. | 我可以走 如果你想的话 |
[11:04] | I do want you to. | 我确实希望你走 |
[11:05] | Yeah, she’s 18. And… | 但她18岁了 而且 |
[11:08] | I’m, like, pretty protective. | 我确实保护欲过剩 |
[11:09] | And I know this is what she thinks she wants, | 我也知道她以为自己想要这些 |
[11:12] | realistically, it’s probably gonna make her and/or Drea sad. | 而且说实话 很可能会让她和或德雅难过 |
[11:15] | But… | 但是 |
[11:17] | I don’t agree that what I want should matter. | 我觉得我想要什么不重要 |
[11:19] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[11:26] | We’re back. | 我们回来了 |
[11:27] | We can see that. | 我们能看到 |
[11:29] | He finished his wine. | 他喝完酒了 |
[11:32] | Look, should I stay or… | 听着 我该留下吗 还是 |
[11:34] | Please stay, Ian. | 请留下 伊恩 |
[11:36] | I really wanna have sex with you. | 我真的很想跟你做爱 |
[11:39] | Cool, yeah, I’m-I’m happy to stay. | 酷 我也愿意留下 |
[11:41] | Okay. Let me go pee first. | 好的 我先去上厕所 |
[11:50] | Where did you get this from? | 你从哪里拿到这张唱片的 |
[11:53] | A friend. | 一个朋友 |
[11:54] | It’s a really pretty track. | 这张专辑真好听 |
[11:57] | There’s just something about vinyl, | 黑胶唱片有种特殊的魅力 |
[11:59] | it’s just so romantic. | 非常浪漫 |
[12:02] | Yeah. | 对 |
[12:07] | – I’m ready. – Oh, okay. Uh, yeah. | -我准备好了 -好 好的 |
[12:09] | Hey, let me just wash my hands. | 我先洗个手 |
[12:14] | Well, that’s nice. That’s a good start. | 这很好 这是个不错的开始 |
[12:19] | I love you, Duck Duck. | 我爱你 鸭鸭 |
[12:21] | Forever, Muck Muck. | 永远爱你 泥泥 |
[12:29] | This feels yuck yuck. | 这感觉呕呕的 |
[12:33] | Yeah. | 对 |
[12:39] | What are you thinking about right now? | 你现在在想什么 |
[12:41] | Well, I’m wondering if you’re | 我在想你是否 |
[12:42] | feeling uncomfortable about all this. | 对这一切感觉不舒服 |
[12:45] | I feel… | 我感觉 |
[12:47] | jealous and a little anxious. | 嫉妒 还有点焦虑 |
[12:50] | Okay. Does feeling jealous make you think | 好吧 那嫉妒是否让你觉得 |
[12:52] | you wish that it wasn’t happening? | 要是这一切不发生就好了 |
[12:54] | Well, I don’t think jealousy is a very useful emotion | 我觉得嫉妒不是个很有用的情感 |
[12:56] | and that it’s selfish. So it’ll be a better outcome | 而且很自私 所以最好的结果 |
[12:59] | if I just don’t pay any attention to it. | 就是我不在乎这件事 |
[13:01] | Right. | 嗯 |
[13:02] | Do you think it’s strange | 你觉得这很奇怪吗 |
[13:04] | that I’m okay with Matilda | 我同意玛蒂尔达 |
[13:06] | being in her bedroom right now with Ian? | 现在跟伊恩在他的卧室里 |
[13:09] | Yeah. Yeah, I do, yes. | 对 是的 |
[13:11] | But I’m comfortable with strange, actually. | 但我很习惯奇怪了 |
[13:13] | It’s just… It’s more that I worry | 只是 让我担心的是 |
[13:15] | that it’s gonna make everyone sad. | 这会让大家难过 |
[13:17] | Well, the only person who looks sad is you. | 现在唯一看着难过的人是你 |
[13:22] | We’ve been on the phone for 40 minutes now. | 我们已经打了40分钟电话了 |
[13:25] | That’s insane. Like, 20 years ago | 太疯狂了 20年前 |
[13:26] | this would have been so expensive. | 电话费肯定超级贵 |
[13:28] | Yeah. Long drawn-out phone conversations | 对 长时间煲电话粥 |
[13:30] | with awkward silences used to be equal to owning a yacht. | 还有尴尬的沉默在过去等于有游艇 |
[13:33] | Our silences aren’t awkward, are they? | 我们之间的沉默不尴尬 对吧 |
[13:35] | No, no, I mean, I didn’t… I didn’t mean that. | 不不 我不 我不是那个意思 |
[13:37] | Oh okay, Mrs. “I Hate Silence,” | 好吧 “我讨厌沉默”小姐 |
[13:38] | starting on three, no more silences, all right? | 我倒数三秒 之后不准沉默 好吗 |
[13:40] | – Ready? – Uh, I’m sorry. | -准备好了吗 -不好意思 |
[13:41] | Who’s-who’s gonna speak first? | 谁先说话 |
[13:43] | Ask me a question and I’ll answer. | 你问问题 我来回答 |
[13:45] | Ready? One, two, three, go. | 准备好了吗 一二三 开始 |
[13:48] | Uh, what are you thinking about? | 你现在在想什么 |
[13:50] | Oh, God, I don’t know. | 天呐 我不知道 |
[13:51] | Um, let’s see, what do smart people think about? | 我想想 聪明人会想什么 |
[13:54] | Uh, math? Trains? | 数学 火车 |
[13:56] | Well, now I’m thinking, “Don’t accidentally tell her | 现在我在想 “别不小心告诉她 |
[13:58] | “About the time you got caught | 那次你被妈妈抓住 |
[13:59] | making out with a balloon by your mom.” | 在跟气球亲热” |
[14:02] | What are you thinking about? | 你在想什么 |
[14:05] | I’m thinking about how I really wish | 我在想我很希望 |
[14:07] | I had one of those old phones with the long, curly cords, | 有那种带着长长电话线的老式座机 |
[14:09] | so I could twirl it around my fingers like in the old movies, | 这样我就能像电影里一样用手指卷电话线了 |
[14:10] | but also a little bit of my mind | 但我的脑中有一小部分 |
[14:12] | is always thinking about Michael Jackson. | 一直想着迈克·杰克逊 |
[14:14] | – Yeah. – Yeah. | -对 -对 |
[14:19] | – Oh, no, we left some silence. – Oh, no. | -糟糕 我们有尴尬了 -糟了 |
[14:22] | Um, you were supposed to ask me a follow-up question. | 你应该问我一个后续问题 |
[14:24] | I-I broke the convention. I’m sorry. | 我打破了惯例 抱歉 |
[14:27] | – Giraffes! – What? | -长颈鹿 -什么 |
[14:29] | Giraffes. | 长颈鹿 |
[14:32] | I want to know why you’re an entomologist. | 我想知道你为什么做了昆虫学家 |
[14:35] | Okay. Yeah, um… | 嗯 这个 |
[14:38] | So, um, in Australia we have these beetles, | 澳大利亚有这些甲虫 |
[14:39] | they’re called Christmas beetles and they’re so cool. | 叫做圣诞甲虫 非常酷 |
[14:41] | They, like, look like Christmas decorations. | 它们就像圣诞树的装饰一样 |
[14:43] | When I was a kid I was just so obsessed with them | 我小时候非常喜欢它们 |
[14:45] | and I was always catching them | 经常抓住它们 |
[14:47] | and trying to convince them to tell me their secrets. | 想让它们告诉我它们的秘密 |
[14:50] | Then, when I was like… | 然后 当我大概 |
[14:52] | 17, I thought about them again | 17岁 我又想起了它们 |
[14:54] | and I realized I hadn’t seen one for years. Not one. | 我才意识到已经好多年没见过了 一只也没有 |
[14:57] | Uh, I felt maybe it was because, | 我感觉可能是因为 |
[14:59] | you know, I wasn’t spending as much time as a teenager | 我不再像小时候那样 |
[15:02] | rolling around in the dirt, | 喜欢玩土了 |
[15:03] | so I went and I-I looked | 所以我去找了 |
[15:05] | and, uh, they weren’t there. | 然后发现它们不见了 |
[15:09] | Where did they go? | 它们去哪了 |
[15:10] | Well, we worked out that they just weren’t breeding | 我们发现它们不再繁殖了 |
[15:12] | because their habitat was being destroyed. | 因为它们的栖息地总被破坏 |
[15:14] | So what I wanted to know next was, like, | 所以我接下去想知道的是 |
[15:16] | does that actually matter? | 这会有影响吗 |
[15:17] | Like, if we lose the Christmas beetle population, | 如果我们失去了圣诞甲虫 |
[15:20] | is that gonna have wider environmental effects? | 这对大的生态环境会有影响吗 |
[15:23] | And? | 然后呢 |
[15:26] | And, well, I mean, I didn’t get to finish it | 然后我没完成学业 |
[15:28] | ’cause I moved here. | 因为我搬到了这里 |
[15:30] | Oh, that’s… | 那真是 |
[15:32] | that-that’s quite sad. | 真是很难过 |
[15:33] | It’s okay. | 没事 |
[15:37] | Your parents ever let you out in the wild? | 你父母会让你去野外吗 |
[15:39] | In the wild, like, outside of my house? | 去野外 是说去我家外面吗 |
[15:42] | Yeah, like, are you allowed to go out? | 对 你能出去吗 |
[15:45] | Yeah, I’m allowed to go out. | 对 我能出去 |
[15:49] | Cool. | 酷 |
[15:56] | Why were you asking me that, Oscar? | 你为什么问我这个 奥斯卡 |
[16:15] | Did you die? Are you dead? | 你死了吗 你死了吗 |
[16:18] | I’m here. | 我在这 |
[16:20] | Yeah. | 好 |
[16:23] | Me too, Oscar. I’m still here. | 我也是 奥斯卡 我也还在 |
[16:26] | Cool. | 酷 |
[16:31] | Is that the end of the conversation | 这是我们对话的结尾吗 |
[16:32] | about whether or not I’m allowed to leave my house? | 关于我是否能离开我家 |
[16:37] | No. | 不是 |
[16:41] | Cool. | 酷 |
[16:47] | Do you understand what asexuality is? | 你知道无性恋者是什么吗 |
[16:50] | Well, I didn’t, um, to be honest. | 我之前不知道 说实话 |
[16:52] | Because, well, it’s never piqued my interest. | 因为我从没对这件事感兴趣过 |
[16:55] | But I researched it last night. | 但我昨晚查了一下 |
[16:56] | What do you think about it? | 你觉得如何 |
[16:57] | Well, um, I kept trying to look for things | 我一直在找可以解释 |
[17:00] | that would explain what it is, | 这件事的东西 |
[17:01] | and the only thing said was that the person | 但唯一的解释就是这个人 |
[17:03] | doesn’t want to have sex. | 不想做爱 |
[17:05] | Yeah. That’s-that’s what it is. | 对 就是这个 |
[17:07] | Yes. It’s just one of those things | 对 这只是其中一个 |
[17:08] | that is exactly what the person says it is, and that’s that, | 人们说是什么就是什么的事情 |
[17:11] | and there isn’t really anything to add. | 而且没有什么可补充的 |
[17:15] | What I don’t really get though is, um… | 我理解不了的是 |
[17:17] | well, like to me, sex and love is so intertwined, | 对我来说 性和爱是交织在一起的 |
[17:21] | and, uh, just separating those two things is… | 分开这两者的话 |
[17:23] | I don’t know, I don’t know, it’s hard. | 我说不好 感觉很难 |
[17:25] | Oh, well, um, for some asexuals, for-for me… | 对一些无性恋者来说 对我来说 |
[17:29] | …the same romantic feelings are still there. | 相同的恋爱感觉还在 |
[17:33] | Like, when I meet someone | 当我遇见喜欢的人 |
[17:34] | I get this excited feeling in my chest | 我的胸中会涌起兴奋的感情 |
[17:37] | and I can’t stop thinking about them | 我无法停止想念他们 |
[17:38] | and it just… I wanna spend all my time with them, | 只是 我想一直跟他们在一起 |
[17:41] | but… sex just isn’t involved. | 但…这其中不包括性爱 |
[17:45] | Like, I just… | 我只是 |
[17:46] | I just wanna be near them and hear them talking. | 我想在他们身边 听他们说话 |
[17:51] | Maybe if I liked hearing people talk more, I’d get it. | 或许如果我喜欢多听人们说这些 我就会理解 |
[17:56] | Maybe I’ll take you somewhere and show you some stuff. | 或许我会带你去一些地方 给你看一些东西 |
[18:00] | I like somewhere, I like stuff. | 我喜欢一些地方 我喜欢东西 |
[18:03] | Well, I know good somewheres and I know good stuffs. | 我知道好地方 我也知道好东西 |
[18:06] | Well I’ll be the judge of that. | 这得由我决定 |
[18:09] | Now I’m scared to take you. | 现在我害怕带你出去了 |
[18:11] | No, no, no. I-I was just kidding. | 不不 我只是开玩笑 |
[18:13] | So was I. No, so was I. | 我也是 不 我也是 |
[18:17] | Um, so are we really gonna do this? | 那我们真的要这么做吗 |
[18:21] | Are we really gonna go out, on, like a… | 我门而要出去吗 就像 |
[18:23] | On a date. | 约会 |
[18:25] | Well, well, isn’t that something? | 那可真是不一般 |
[18:28] | Well, I guess I’m just a little bit worried that maybe, | 我猜我有点担心 或许 |
[18:30] | maybe you’re letting Matilda have sex with men | 或许你让玛蒂尔达跟男人做爱是因为 |
[18:32] | even though it hurts you | 即使这会伤害你 |
[18:33] | just so that she keeps liking you. | 为了让她喜欢你 你会这么做 |
[18:35] | – Yes, that is correct. – Okay. | -对 没错 -好吧 |
[18:38] | Well, Matilda wants to have sex with men | 玛蒂尔达想和男人做爱 |
[18:39] | and that makes her happy, | 这让她开心 |
[18:41] | and I wanna make her happy. | 我想让她开心 |
[18:43] | So if I make her happy, she will love me. | 所以如果我能让她开心 她就会爱我 |
[18:47] | I… I don’t know about that. | 这点我说不好 |
[18:50] | Maybe Matilda being with me won’t make her happy forever | 或许玛蒂尔达跟我在一起不会让她永远开心 |
[18:53] | and she’ll break up with me and I’ll be sad, | 她会跟我分手 我会难过 |
[18:55] | but the alternative is to break up now, | 但其他的选项就是现在分开 |
[18:58] | and I’ll be sad anyway. | 我还是会难过 |
[18:59] | We think it’s good to try and be happy. | 我们觉得尝试幸福挺好的 |
[19:00] | Nicholas, did you just have an argument | 尼古拉斯 你是在和德雅争吵 |
[19:02] | that led to Drea teaching you it’s “Good to try to be happy”? | 然后德雅在教育你”尝试幸福挺好的”吗 |
[19:06] | No, we had a… we had a chat. | 不 我们 我们只是聊天 |
[19:07] | We were bonding. Weren’t we bonding, Drea? | 我们在培养感情 对吧 德雅 |
[19:09] | Tell her. | 告诉她 |
[19:10] | I just feel tired. | 我感觉好累 |
[19:11] | Do you still like me? | 你还喜欢我吗 |
[19:13] | Same as before. | 跟以前一样 |
[19:14] | So, uh… | 那么 |
[19:17] | Imma bounce. | 我打算闪人了 |
[19:18] | It was nice to meet you all. | 跟高兴见到你们大家 |
[19:19] | Bye. | 拜 |
[19:20] | And, uh, if you ever | 还有 如果你们需要 |
[19:22] | wanna install some solar panels, | 找人装太阳能板 |
[19:26] | give me a call. | 联系我 |
[19:30] | Almost forgot my wine. | 差点忘了我的酒 |
[19:35] | Drea… Drea, he took the wine. | 德雅 德雅 他拿走了酒 |
[19:37] | He took the wine. | 他拿走了酒 |
[19:38] | Why can’t he take it? It’s his wine. | 他为什么不能拿 这是他的酒 |
[19:56] | Okay, let’s do our ritual. | 好吧 我们来进行仪式吧 |
[20:06] | Ian, we are asking you to leave. | 伊恩 我们让你离开 |
[20:08] | Out with you, Ian. Out! | 走吧 伊恩 走吧 |
[20:11] | Get out, Ian! | 出去 伊恩 |
[20:13] | Out with you, Ian. Out! | 走吧 伊恩 走吧 |
[20:16] | Out! | 出去 |
[20:18] | Leave this place! | 离开这里 |
[20:20] | Bloody rack off, Ian! | 赶紧滚开 伊恩 |
[20:21] | Scram, Ian! Scram! | 离开 伊恩 离开 |
[20:24] | Rack off! | 滚开 |