英文名称:Race
年代:2016
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:09] | Mornin’. Mmm. | 早上好 嗯 |
[01:10] | Mornin’. Anybody see my shirt? | 早上好 有谁看见我的衬衫了? |
[01:12] | Mama, you seen my shirt? | 妈妈 你有看见吗? |
[01:14] | It’s where you put it last. | 你最后扔哪儿了 |
[01:16] | Anyone? No. | 有谁知道? 没见着 |
[01:18] | I got your shirt right here. | 你的衬衫在我这儿 |
[01:20] | Hand it over. | 自己过来拿 |
[01:21] | Here you go. | 拿去吧 |
[01:22] | Mmm. | 嗯 |
[01:24] | Cut it out, Quincy. | 别闹了 昆西 |
[01:26] | It’s my only shirt. Oh, come on now. | 我就这一件衬衫 别装了 |
[01:27] | What’s the matter? You too fancy for us now, college boy? | 那又如何? 是不是觉得自己比我们高贵了 大学生? |
[01:30] | Uh, what’s that supposed to mean? | 额 你说这话什么意思? |
[01:31] | I’ve always paid my way. You know I send what I can. | 这都是我坚持的结果 你知道我付出了多大的努力 |
[01:34] | Bye, Mama. | 妈妈 再见 |
[01:35] | Mama, what are you doing? | 妈妈 你在干什么? |
[01:37] | First boy of mine to go to college is gonna look respectable. | 家里第一个大学生 一定要穿得体面点儿 |
[01:41] | You like it? | 喜欢吗? |
[01:42] | Ma, we can’t afford this. | 妈妈 这太贵重了 |
[01:44] | Try it on. | 试一下 |
[01:57] | Mama, it’s Ohio State. It’s not Sunday school. | 妈妈 我上的是俄亥俄州立大学 不是主日学校 |
[02:00] | Shh! | 嘘! |
[02:04] | Thought I was gonna lose you at five years old. | 你5岁时 我以为会永远失去你 |
[02:06] | Now look at you. | 但瞧你现在 |
[02:12] | I knew when I cut that lump out of you, | 当成功把你体内的肿块取出时 我就知道 |
[02:14] | you were born for great things. | 你生来就是会成大事的人 |
[02:16] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[02:18] | God spared you for a reason. | 上帝创造你 是有原因的 |
[02:26] | There. | 让我看看 |
[02:28] | You look handsome. | 看起来真精神 |
[02:30] | A man has to present an image to the world. | 一个男人在外面 要注意保持好的形象 |
[02:33] | You remember that, James Cleveland Owens. | 记住这一点 詹姆斯·克利夫兰·欧文斯 |
[02:35] | Yes, Mama. Thank you. Thank you, Mama. | 记住了 妈妈 谢谢你 |
[02:41] | Bye, Laverne. | 再见 拉维恩 |
[02:42] | Is Dad coming downstairs today? | 今天爸爸会下楼吗? |
[02:44] | I hope so. He knows you’re leaving. | 希望如此 他知道你今天走 |
[02:59] | So long, Pa. | 再见 爸爸 |
[03:15] | Things are gonna turn around, Pa. | 一切都会好转的 爸爸 |
[03:18] | You’ll see. | 等着瞧吧 |
[03:41] | That’s Ohio State’s Ken Seitz in the dust. | 最后一名是来自俄亥俄州立大学的肯·塞茨 |
[03:44] | It’s Charlie Parsons and Foy Draper | 一二名是来自南加州大学的 |
[03:46] | from the University of Southern California. | 查理帕森斯和福伊·德雷珀 |
[03:48] | And another poor showing for Ohio State. | 这次比赛 俄亥俄州立大学的表现仍然不佳 |
[03:52] | Good race. | 表现不错 |
[03:54] | Hey, there’s the coach. | 嘿 教练来了 |
[03:56] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[03:57] | Larry. | 劳瑞 |
[03:59] | What’s up, Dean? | 什么事 迪恩? |
[04:00] | How many is that now? | 输几次比赛了? |
[04:04] | Asshole. | 混蛋 |
[04:07] | Sorry, Coach. This time I really thought I had ’em beat. | 对不起 教练 我这次真觉得自己能得冠军的 |
[04:12] | Yeah, well, that’s probably why you didn’t, then. | 好吧 这也许也是你为什么搞砸的原因 |
[04:15] | That makes it three straight losses | 加上这次比赛 劳瑞·斯奈德 |
[04:16] | for Larry Snyder and Ohio State. | 和俄亥俄州立大学 已经是第3次惨败了 |
[04:19] | After two years without a national win, | 两年时间 没在国家比赛斩获一次奖 |
[04:21] | you’ve gotta wonder if the Buckeyes made a mistake | 不得不让人怀疑 七叶树队让斯奈德重回母校 |
[04:23] | bringing Snyder back to coach at his old alma mater. | 接任教练一职 这个决定是否是个错误 |
[04:25] | He was a hell of an athlete in his time, | 当年 他虽然是叱咤田径场的运动员 |
[04:27] | but that doesn’t make you a great coach. | 但这并不意味着他能胜任教练一职 |
[04:29] | If I was Larry Snyder right now, | 如果现在我是劳瑞·斯奈德 |
[04:31] | I’d be worried about keeping my job. | 我应该很担心自己的饭碗会不保 |
[04:32] | Here’s a man who’s no stranger to winning, | 下面有请 众所周知的赛场常胜将军 |
[04:34] | USC coach, Dean Cromwell. | 南加大的教练 迪恩·克伦威尔 |
[04:37] | With four Olympic gold medalists to his credit, | 任教期间 他带领出了4个奥运会金牌得主 |
[04:39] | it’s no wonder they call him “The maker of champions.” | 也难怪大家都尊称他为”冠军制造者” |
[04:42] | Thanks for making the time, Mr. Cromwell. | 感谢您能腾出时间接受采访 克伦威尔先生 |
[04:44] | It’s a pleasure. Call me Dean… | 乐意至极 叫我迪恩就行… |
[04:45] | Oh, no. Please, switch it back on. | 不 拜托你 换回那个台 |
[04:48] | Why? So we can watch you sit around | 为什么? 为了看你一下午 |
[04:50] | all afternoon feeling sorry for yourself? | 都坐在办公桌前 自怨自艾? |
[04:51] | How do you know what I have scheduled? | 你怎么知道我下午有没有安排? |
[04:53] | Oh, I know the schedule. | 噢 我可清楚了 |
[04:58] | Fresh blood. | 新人名单 |
[05:31] | Hi. How are y’all doing? I’m Dave. | 嗨 你们好吗? 我叫戴夫 |
[05:33] | Mmm-hmm. | 嗯哼 |
[05:35] | Fine weather we’re having, isn’t it? | 今天天气不错 不是吗? |
[05:36] | Dave! Y’all so sophisticated. | 戴夫! 你们可真迷人 |
[05:38] | Dave, would you quit bothering every girl you see? | 戴夫 不要看见每个女孩 都上前搭讪好吗? |
[05:41] | I’m not bothering them none. | 我可没有搭讪 |
[05:42] | They never met a college man before. They’re impressed. | 她们之前从没见过大学生 是她们想认识我 |
[05:45] | Yeah, well, you ain’t a college man yet. | 就算这样 你现在还不算是大学生 |
[05:46] | All right, so, come on. Let’s go. | 好吧 我们出发吧 |
[05:48] | All right, give me 10 minutes. Take a cold shower or something. | 等等 给我10分钟 你可以去洗个冷水澡什么的 |
[05:58] | Can you grab that comb for me in the back? | 你能把柜台后面的梳子拿给我吗? |
[06:03] | Gloria. Gloria. | 格洛丽亚 格洛丽亚 |
[06:05] | Come here, sweetie. Give me a moment. | 过来 小可爱 稍等 |
[06:07] | Come to Daddy. | 爸爸抱抱 |
[06:10] | I’m working, Jesse. You can’t come here when I’m working. | 我在工作 杰西 工作期间你不能来这里 |
[06:13] | You just try and keep me away. | 你这是在撵我出去 |
[06:16] | See, that’s the kind of talk got us in trouble to begin with. | 知道我们一开始怎么吵架的吗? 就是因为你说这样的话 |
[06:19] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[06:21] | Get out of here, you big dope. Go on, get. | 我们出去聊 大笨蛋 快点 |
[06:30] | Money’s gonna be a little tight from now on. | 从现在起 生活可能会变得更拮据 |
[06:32] | Till then, | 在此之前 |
[06:34] | take this. | 拿着这个 |
[06:35] | I’ll send more as soon as I find work. | 我找到工作后 会寄更多回来 |
[06:37] | You should put some aside for the wedding. | 你最好为婚礼预先存一些钱 |
[06:39] | Are you finally gonna marry me, Jesse Owens? | 你真的会娶我吗 杰西·欧文斯? |
[06:43] | Gotta do it right. | 时机成熟后 一定娶 |
[06:52] | Hi. How you doing? | 嗨 你好 |
[06:58] | See that, that way that colored pushed me? | 那个黑鬼刚刚撞了我 看见了吗? |
[07:00] | Hi. How you doing? | 嗨 你好 |
[07:01] | Put a Negro in a suit… | 黑鬼还穿西装… |
[07:05] | Hurry up, shorty! | 快上车 小矮人! |
[07:07] | I wanna get there before we graduate. | 我想赶在毕业前到学校 |
[07:28] | Whoo-hoo! | 喔呼! |
[07:53] | Good games… Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. | 精彩的比赛… 喔 喔 喔 |
[07:57] | Now, where do you boys think you’re going? | 你们这是要去哪儿? |
[08:00] | Just using the showers. | 去浴室洗个澡 |
[08:03] | Not until we’re through, you’re not. | 那要等我们先洗完 你们才能用 |
[08:05] | You niggers can wait your turn. | 黑鬼就得好好排队 |
[08:07] | Yeah. Can you believe they let these | 没错 你敢相信这些黑人 |
[08:08] | jiggaboos share our locker room now? | 竟然和我们公用一间更衣室吗? |
[08:09] | Let’s get outta here. | 我们走 |
[08:11] | They won’t ever play football. Dave. | 他们永远也别想打橄榄球 戴夫 |
[08:13] | No, sir. | 绝对不行 |
[08:14] | OSU, what? | 俄州大 无敌 |
[08:15] | OSU, what? | 俄州大 牛逼 |
[08:22] | Kick that cracker’s ass is what I should do. | 我应该痛扁那帮废物一顿 |
[08:24] | Sounds like a great idea. | 主意不错 |
[08:26] | Get us thrown outta here before our bags are unpacked. | 但会让我们被窝都还没捂热 就被开除的 |
[08:29] | Dave, this is our shot. | 戴夫 这个机会很宝贵 |
[08:32] | All right? Don’t blow it. | 好吗? 别搞砸了 |
[08:35] | Hey, Owens. | 嘿 欧文斯 |
[08:37] | Coach wants to see you. | 教练找你 |
[08:39] | Now. Let’s go! Let’s go! | 快点! 快点! |
[08:44] | What am I supposed to do, kiss his ass after I wipe it for him? | 那该怎么办 替他擦屁股 任人侮辱和宰割? |
[08:47] | No, sir. | 不是 |
[08:49] | Look, you just smile and play nice. | 保持微笑 礼貌待人 |
[08:53] | Run every last one of these peckerwoods off their feet. | 然后在田径场上 跑赢这群混蛋 |
[09:03] | Hey. Sorry. | 嘿 抱歉 |
[09:04] | That’s some outfit. | 衣服不错 |
[09:06] | What’s this, a pickaninny parade? | 什么款式的 黑人童装? |
[09:08] | Slow down, boy! | 走慢点 小伙子! |
[09:10] | Well, look at this. | 快看啊 |
[09:24] | Peggy, who do we have here? | 佩吉 这位是谁? |
[09:28] | Coach Snyder, I’m Jesse Owens. | 斯奈德教练 我是杰西·欧文斯 |
[09:32] | Nice jacket. | 外套不错 |
[09:34] | Think I had the same one back in Sunday school. | 我上主日学校的时候 好像也有一件这样的 |
[09:40] | Coming in, or what? | 进来啊 傻站着干嘛? |
[09:48] | Shut the door. | 关门 |
[09:55] | Oh, you can sit down. | 坐吧 |
[10:05] | Charlie Riley says you can run. | 查理·莱利说你很能跑 |
[10:07] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[10:08] | Well, says you’re a natural, best he’s ever seen. | 说你天赋异禀 是他见过最厉害的 |
[10:13] | Well, I guess. | 也许吧 |
[10:15] | Me personally, I don’t trust naturals, | 就我个人而言 我不相信天赋 |
[10:17] | ’cause they think they don’t have to work. | 因为他们以为仅凭天赋 就可以不努力了 |
[10:21] | I will say, | 要我说 |
[10:23] | you can run. | 你还真能跑 |
[10:25] | And, boy, oh, boy, you can jump. | 而且 跳远也还不错 |
[10:28] | What I wanna know is, can you win? | 但我想知道的是 你能赢吗? |
[10:32] | And what I mean by that is, can you work? | 换句话说就是 你坚持得下去吗? |
[10:37] | You know, your mama might’ve taught you how to dress right, | 你妈妈或许教了你如何打扮自己 |
[10:39] | but she sure as hell didn’t teach you anything about manners. | 但她绝对没教你待人接物的礼节 |
[10:41] | You should look a man in the eye when he’s speaking to you. | 当别人跟你说话的时候 你应该看着他的眼睛 |
[10:46] | Can you work? | 你能坚持吗? |
[10:48] | I was picking 100 pounds of cotton a day at six years old. | 我6岁时每天就要搬运100磅的棉花 |
[10:53] | You ever pick cotton? | 你搬过棉花吗? |
[10:55] | The way it cuts you when you, when you get it off the boll? | 感受过不小心划蹭圆荚 割伤皮肤的疼痛吗? |
[11:01] | Yes, sir, I can work. | 当然 先生 我能坚持 |
[11:04] | Coach Riley’s a smart man. | 赖利教练固然精明 |
[11:07] | But I was watching you out there today, I’ll tell you this. | 但我今天看了你跑步 总结一下 |
[11:10] | Your start’s no good, your rhythm’s off and your posture’s lousy. | 你的起跑很糟糕 步调有问题 跑步姿势也很蹩脚 |
[11:14] | But we can fix all that. That’s easy. | 但这些都能修正 很容易 |
[11:17] | But if you wanna win, | 但如果你想赢 |
[11:18] | it takes more than a pair of legs, all right? | 靠的就不仅仅是一双腿了 懂吗? |
[11:21] | You win up here. | 靠的是这里 |
[11:24] | And that’s the part I don’t know about you yet. | 而你具不具备这个条件 我还不知道 |
[11:26] | I don’t know if you got that. | 你有这个特质吗 |
[11:28] | I ran 100 yards last year in Chicago in 9.4. | 我去年参加芝加哥的百码跑 跑了9秒4 |
[11:31] | Mmm-hmm. | 嗯哼 |
[11:33] | I mean, it’s the same as Wykoff. It’s a world record. | 和怀科夫的成绩一样 那可是世界纪录 |
[11:34] | Records don’t mean shit! | 记录屁用没有! |
[11:37] | You know what matters? | 你知道什么才重要吗? |
[11:39] | Medals. | 奖牌 |
[11:41] | Some kid come out of nowhere, | 随时都会有不知名的年轻人 |
[11:42] | snatch your record from you like that. | 突然冒出来 轻轻松松就能打破你的记录 |
[11:44] | But a gold medal? | 但如果有一枚金牌呢? |
[11:47] | That’s yours for life. | 那是一辈子只属于你的荣誉 |
[11:53] | Is that you? | 照片里的人是你吗? |
[11:56] | Mmm-hmm. | 嗯哼 |
[11:58] | It’s the US Olympic team, Paris games, ’24. | 是24年巴黎奥运会 拍的美国代表队 |
[12:02] | Go ahead, take a look. | 去吧 走近点看 |
[12:07] | That’s me on the right, next to Charley Paddock. | 右边那个 站在查理·帕多克旁边的是我 |
[12:10] | You, you went to Paris in ’24 with Charley Paddock? | 你和查理·帕多克一起参加过 24年的巴黎奥运会? |
[12:16] | No. | 很惊讶吗 |
[12:18] | Well, why not? | 为什么不呢? |
[12:20] | You wanna win a gold medal? | 你想得金牌吗? |
[12:23] | Well, sure. | 当然 |
[12:25] | You wanna do it in Berlin? | 想在柏林奥运会一战成名吗? |
[12:28] | Well, I mean, unless you were planning on waiting. | 除非你想再等等 和机会失之交臂 |
[12:34] | You know, I… | 我… |
[12:36] | I heard they don’t care much for colored folk over there. | 我听说那里对黑人运动员有偏见 |
[12:39] | Well, they don’t care for ’em much here in Columbus either. | 在哥伦布这里 也对黑人有偏见 |
[12:44] | Is that gonna be a problem? | 这会对你造成困扰吗? |
[12:47] | No, sir. I just came here to run. | 不 先生 我来这儿就是为了赛跑的 |
[12:51] | Well, then, for the next 28 months, | 那在未来的28个月 |
[12:53] | you’re either in a classroom or you’re on that track, | 你要么是在教室上课 要么就来田径场练习 |
[12:55] | every hour, every day. | 每天每时不间断 |
[12:57] | And I don’t care about your grades. I really don’t. | 我不在乎你成绩如何 |
[12:59] | And I don’t care if your buddies | 我也不在乎 |
[13:00] | have a keg they need help with. | 你的身体是否负荷得了 |
[13:01] | And I certainly don’t care if you got a girl at home | 我也决不在乎 你是否有女朋友 |
[13:04] | rolling down her silk stockings with that look in her eye. | 待在家里 希望你早点回家 |
[13:06] | You belong to me. | 你只属于我 |
[13:09] | Do we have an understanding? | 听明白了吗? |
[13:12] | Yes, sir. | 明白 先生 |
[13:14] | Good. All right, well, go home and get some rest. | 那好 回家好好休息一下吧 |
[13:18] | 9 a.M. Tomorrow, we’ll see how good you really are. | 明早9点 做个测试 看看你究竟有多优秀 |
[13:26] | Jesse. | 杰西 |
[13:29] | Why’d you come here? | 你为什么选择这里? |
[13:30] | I mean, after the noise you made in Chicago, | 你在芝加哥取得的成绩 轰动一时 |
[13:33] | hell, you could’ve gone anywhere you wanted. | 你可以选择 比这儿更好的学校 |
[13:35] | You know, maybe someplace a little | 比如 去一些发展得更好的 |
[13:39] | more progressive. | 城市 |
[13:41] | Yeah, well… | 虽然如此… |
[13:43] | Mr. Riley said you were the best. | 但赖利先生说你是最好的教练 |
[13:48] | Mmm. | 嗯 |
[13:52] | Another one? | 新人? |
[13:54] | Uh-huh. | 嗯 |
[13:55] | Well, the joke on the board is, | 董事会上的人常开玩笑 |
[13:56] | they’re thinking of renaming us the “Model T State.” | 他们觉得我们应该改名为”模范收容所” |
[13:59] | Mmm. | 嗯 |
[14:01] | Any color you want, so long as it’s black. | 选择这么多 偏偏挑了个黑人 |
[14:02] | Yeah, well, maybe if you and Coach Schmidt | 如果你和施密特教练 |
[14:03] | let ’em play football, | 允许他们打橄榄球的话 |
[14:04] | they wouldn’t all choose track and field, huh? | 也许他们就不会全选择田径了 不是吗? |
[14:06] | Jesse! Ready when you are. | 杰西! 准备好就开始 |
[14:08] | Okay, Coach. | 准备好了 教练 |
[14:10] | Let’s see what we got here. | 看看他到底有什么能耐 |
[14:15] | Ready, go! | 预备 跑! |
[14:27] | Whoo! | 哇! |
[14:28] | Well, I don’t know why you look so impressed. | 不知道你在高兴些什么 |
[14:30] | This was a second slower than Wykoff’s record. | 这可比怀科夫的记录慢了整整1秒 |
[14:33] | Frank Wykoff runs 100 yards in 9.4. | 弗朗克·怀科夫 跑100码用了9秒4 |
[14:37] | Kid just ran 100 meters. | 而这小子跑了100米 |
[14:41] | Well, Lynn, you know that meters are longer than yards, yeah? | 林恩 你知道米比码长 对吧? |
[14:45] | No. | 不知道 |
[14:48] | There a problem, Coach? | 有什么问题吗 教练? |
[14:51] | Uh, no. No, Jesse. No problem at all. Uh-uh. | 不 杰西 完全没问题 |
[14:54] | You want me to do it again? | 要我再跑一次吗? |
[14:58] | Yeah. That’d be great. | 可以 那样最好 |
[15:03] | Watch your start. | 注意你的起跑 |
[15:06] | He works on his start, you’re looking | 他再练习一下起跑 |
[15:08] | at a 1936 gold medalist right there. | 绝对可以获得 1936年奥运会的金牌 |
[15:10] | That is, if they have a ’36 Olympics. | 如果36年还要举办奥运会的话 |
[15:34] | We won’t go to Berlin, Brundage! | 我们誓死不去柏林 布伦戴奇! |
[15:36] | Nazi-lover! | 纳粹的走狗! |
[15:37] | Get your hands off me! | 把你的脏手挪开! |
[15:39] | Americans can’t take part in these games! | 美国人坚决反对参加奥运会! |
[15:50] | Okay, we’re here. | 好 人到齐了 |
[15:54] | Take a seat, Avery. | 请坐 艾弗里 |
[16:01] | What’s this I’m hearing about a boycott? Hmm? | 我听说有人要联合抵制 到底是怎么回事? 嗯? |
[16:14] | Nothing’s been decided yet, | 现在什么都还没决定 |
[16:16] | but we’re hearing some pretty ugly reports out of Germany. | 但我们从德国那里 听到一些非常不堪的消息 |
[16:20] | Apparently, they’re rounding up Romany Gypsies… | 很显然 有人在联合罗马吉普赛人… |
[16:23] | Gypsies! | 吉普赛人! |
[16:24] | …vandalizing Jewish property. | …肆意摧残犹太人的财物和权利 |
[16:26] | They’re using the sports | 他们要求运动俱乐部 |
[16:27] | clubs to exclude Jewish athletes from trials. | 拒绝犹太运动员加入 参加预选赛 |
[16:30] | They’re putting up two women, Mayer and Bergmann, both Jewish. | 现已逐出两名女运动员 迈尔和伯格曼 她们都是犹太人 |
[16:33] | Oh, two! As a token gesture. | 竟然有两人! 杀一儆百 |
[16:36] | Well, maybe the rest weren’t good enough. | 可能其他人不够优秀 |
[16:38] | Excuse me? | 你说什么? |
[16:39] | Is this really the point here? | 这是我们该谈论的重点吗? |
[16:41] | It is not the purpose of the Amateur Athletics Union | 对德国处理国家事务指手划脚 |
[16:45] | or the American Olympic Committee | 不在业余体育联合会 |
[16:47] | or the International Olympic Committee | 也不在美国奥林匹克委员会 |
[16:49] | to tell Germans how to govern their affairs. | 和国际奥林匹克委员会 的管理范畴 |
[16:52] | So you think we should just sit back | 所以你认为我们应该无所作为 |
[16:53] | and take their word that they’re going to play fair? | 轻信他们 会保证比赛公正进行的诺言? |
[16:56] | I’m saying politics has no place in sport. | 我是说 涉及体育 政治就没有发言权了 |
[17:00] | The AAU already accepted the invitation to compete. | 业余体育联合会 已经接受了参赛的邀请 |
[17:02] | You wanna go back on your word? | 你想出尔反尔? |
[17:04] | If they go back on theirs. | 如果他们敢背弃诺言 我就敢 |
[17:06] | There’s a lot of hateful literature coming out of there, | 从德国传出很多可憎的流言 |
[17:10] | and it is not only against the Jews. | 而且不全是针对犹太人的 |
[17:12] | Now they’re saying they don’t want Negroes to compete. | 他们现在又说 不允许黑人参赛 |
[17:15] | Krauts got kicked in the balls 20 years ago, | 20年前 德国人战场上惨败 |
[17:17] | and they’re still catching their breath. | 现在国家还在不断地重建和修复 |
[17:19] | They need these games. | 他们需要通过举办奥运会 |
[17:21] | Show they’re back on their feet. | 向世人证明 国家正在蓬勃发展 |
[17:24] | Why would they risk us pulling out? | 所以他们凭什么冒这个险? |
[17:26] | Maybe they don’t think we have the nerve. | 也许他们以为 我们没胆量退出奥运会 |
[17:29] | We have had every assurance they will not discriminate. | 我敢保证 在他们那儿 绝不存在任何歧视的问题 |
[17:33] | And you trust the word of a Nazi? | 你竟然相信纳粹的话? |
[17:37] | I’ve never met a Nazi. Have you? | 我从没见过纳粹 你呢? |
[17:40] | Come to think of it, when was the last time | 你回忆一下 你最后一次和一个犹太人 |
[17:43] | you played 18 holes with a Jew or a Negro? | 或是黑人 打满18洞是什么时候? |
[17:46] | Come on. The situation here is hardly comparable. | 这怎么可以和现在的形势相提并论 |
[17:49] | It’s not? | 不能吗? |
[17:50] | You want to pull out of the greatest sporting event in the world | 这可是世界上最伟大的体育盛事 你却想退赛 |
[17:55] | because of a few rumors. | 就因为几句谣言 |
[17:58] | It’s been a tough few years here, too. | 这几年美国也不好过 |
[18:00] | The American people need champions | 美国人民需要冠军 |
[18:03] | to remind them what they’re capable of. | 来提醒并激励自己 |
[18:05] | I’m surprised you can still see the American people | 你现在身处摩天大楼 还知道体恤民情 |
[18:08] | from all the way up there in your skyscraper. | 可真让我惊讶 |
[18:10] | Screw you, Mahoney. | 去你的 马奥尼 |
[18:11] | These games have to be inclusive. | 奥运会必须是有包容性的 |
[18:13] | If I’m not satisfied | 如果最后 |
[18:15] | that the Nazis are going to make good on their promises, | 德国人没有兑现他们的诺言 |
[18:18] | I have no alternative but to recommend | 那别无选择 我只好发起联合抵制 |
[18:21] | a vote to boycott. | 的投票 |
[18:26] | You can’t do that. You can’t do that. You can’t do that. | 你不能这么做 你不能这么做 你不能这么做 |
[18:29] | No, but I can urge each athlete to search their conscience, | 确实 但我可以鼓动所有运动员 摸摸自己的良心 |
[18:34] | and I know a lot of people on the American | 我知道很多美国人 |
[18:36] | and the International Committees who feel the way I do. | 还有国际委员会的成员 跟我的想法是一致的 |
[18:39] | But that’s politics, that’s not sport. Okay. | 但这是政治问题 与体育无关 那好 |
[18:41] | We’ll send someone over there to find out. | 我们派人去德国进行实地考察 |
[18:44] | Keep them in line. | 管好他们的行为 |
[18:46] | Uh, who do you have in mind? | 额 心里有什么人选吗? |
[18:49] | I propose Avery. | 我推荐艾弗里 |
[18:54] | I’m a builder. | 我只是个建筑师 |
[18:55] | Don’t you have some tame diplomat for that? | 没有专门负责这种事的外交官吗? |
[18:59] | I think you’re just the diplomat we need. | 我觉得你就是最好的人选 |
[19:03] | Gather around. | 集合 |
[19:04] | Okay, we got some new exercises. | 有几项新的体能训练 |
[19:07] | You’re gonna think I’m nuts, but we’re gonna do ’em anyway. | 你们可能会认为我是疯子 但你们还是得练 |
[19:08] | First, we’re gonna start off with high knees, like that. | 首先 进行高抬腿 就像这样 |
[19:11] | You got to lift those legs. | 腿要尽量抬高 |
[19:13] | And we’re gonna work on your syncopation. | 接下来锻炼你们的步调节奏 |
[19:14] | A lot people think a shorter stride makes you slower. | 很多人认为短步幅会减慢你的速度 |
[19:17] | Well, a lot of people are wrong. | 他们都错了 |
[19:19] | A shorter stride means more strides and a faster time. | 短步幅意味着同等时间更多跨步 意味着更好的成绩 |
[19:22] | When your feet are in the air, you’re not moving forward. | 当你脚离地的时候 实际上你并没有向前走 |
[19:25] | So let’s get those legs working double-time. | 所以好好练习 让你们的步调加倍 |
[19:27] | Let’s go! Move it, move it, move it! | 开始! 加速 加速 再加速! |
[19:29] | Dear Ruth, this is all I can send you this month. | 亲爱的露丝 这个月就只能寄给你这么多钱 |
[19:33] | Our books cost much more than you’d think. | 我们的课本比想象中贵多了 |
[19:35] | But I got a job at a service station | 但我在加油站找了份工作 |
[19:37] | that’s good for a few bucks a week. | 一个星期能挣几块钱 |
[19:39] | Our coach has his own ideas about how to get things done. | 我们的教练有很独到的训练手段 |
[19:43] | He’s working us pretty hard. | 每天的练习都很幸苦 |
[19:45] | Now, you probably won’t believe this, but guess what I did today? | 你也许不会相信 但猜猜我今天干了什么? |
[19:48] | I applied for a marriage license. | 我申请了结婚证 |
[19:50] | I’m coming back for you in style, Minnie Ruth. | 等我成功后就回来找你 明妮·露丝 |
[19:53] | Kiss Gloria for me. | 代我吻一下格洛丽亚 |
[19:55] | I miss you both so much. | 很想念你们 |
[19:57] | Jesse. | 杰西 |
[20:05] | Come on. Let’s go. I’m coming. | 快 我们走 我来了 |
[20:12] | Missed you at practice this morning. | 今天早上的训练你没参加 |
[20:15] | Yeah. I, I had to cut up a frog for lab class. | 没错 我有实验课 要解剖青蛙 |
[20:20] | Okay. What about this afternoon? | 好吧 那下午又怎么回事? |
[20:23] | I was at the service station. | 我去了加油站 |
[20:25] | What, were you pumping gas? | 什么 你去给人加气吗? |
[20:32] | Look, Coach, I need this job. | 教练 我需要这份工作 |
[20:33] | I got a lot of people counting on me, all right? | 有很多人都得靠我养活 知道吗? |
[20:36] | Well, I guess I misunderstood. | 看来我是误会了 |
[20:39] | ‘Cause I was under the impression | 因为我对你的印象还停留在 |
[20:40] | when you stood in my office and you looked me in the eye, | 你站在我的办公室 然后直视我的眼睛 |
[20:42] | that you made me a goddamn commitment! | 向我作出该死的承诺那时候! |
[20:45] | You think you know everything? | 你以为自己是天才? |
[20:46] | Got nothing left to learn, is that it? | 不需要再学 不需要再练了 是吗? |
[20:48] | Huh? No, sir! | 嗯? 不是 先生! |
[20:50] | Look, I know I ain’t as fast as I want to be, | 我知道自己现在还不够快 |
[20:53] | but you need to figure out a way | 但我必须想办法 |
[20:55] | to feed and put clothes on my baby girl. | 解决自己女儿的温饱问题 |
[20:58] | Or else, fit your practices in around me, | 要不然 我必然配合你的训练 |
[21:01] | ’cause I’m all out of options. | 但我真的别无选择 |
[21:06] | Hey! | 嘿! |
[21:09] | Why didn’t you tell me you had a daughter? | 为什么不告诉我你有女儿? |
[21:13] | You never asked. | 你又没问过我 |
[21:33] | Welcome to Germany, Herr Brundage! | 欢迎来到德国 布伦戴奇先生! |
[21:34] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[21:36] | I trust you had a pleasant flight? | 旅途还愉快吗? |
[21:38] | Yeah. Very impressive. | 是的 非常顺利 |
[21:49] | This will be the largest | 这将成为奥林匹克历史上 |
[21:50] | and most technically advanced stadium in Olympic history. | 最大 最先进的体育馆 |
[21:54] | 326 acres, with a capacity of 110, 000. | 占地326英亩 能容纳11万人 |
[21:59] | A little more, I think, than your Los Angeles Coliseum. | 可能比你们的洛杉矶体育馆略大 |
[22:09] | Every moment is being recorded by Miss Leni Riefenstahl, | 建筑的全过程 都被元首亲自挑选的 |
[22:12] | one of our most talented young filmmakers, | 我们国家最具天赋的年轻电影制片人 |
[22:15] | handpicked by the Fuhrer himself. | 莱尼·里芬斯塔尔小姐 拍摄下来了 |
[22:55] | This is history, Herr Brundage. | 记录下来的都是宝贵的历史 布伦戴尔先生 |
[22:57] | For the first time, an audience of millions | 也是迄今为止第一次 数百万的观众 |
[22:59] | will experience the Olympics as if they were there themselves. | 能够身临其境般 感受到奥林匹克的魅力 |
[23:05] | I’ve never had much time for the pictures. | 我从来都没什么时间看电影 |
[23:08] | Herr Brundage… | 布伦戴尔先生… |
[23:09] | Let’s allow Miss Riefenstahl to explain. | 让里芬斯塔尔小姐向您详细介绍吧 |
[23:11] | Sorry, I’m late. | 抱歉 我来晚了 |
[23:23] | May I present Dr. Joseph Goebbels? | 向您介绍约瑟夫·戈培尔部长 |
[23:27] | How do you do? | 你好吗? |
[23:31] | His ministry is financing my little film. | 我拍的小电影就是他的部门资助的 |
[23:34] | Well, I’ve been hearing all about it. | 我听说了 |
[23:36] | It’s my hope that Olympia | 我希望奥林匹亚 |
[23:37] | will stand as the greatest advertisement | 能够成为世人所知的奥运精神 |
[23:40] | for the Olympic ideals the world has ever seen. | 最好的象征和代言 |
[23:43] | At last, we will be able to honor the full glory of the games. | 最后 我们能共享这场体育盛事的荣光 |
[23:47] | And I thought this was all about the glory of the Nazis. | 我还以为这一切只是为了德国的荣耀 |
[23:49] | We hope to present a favorable image of ourselves, that’s all. | 我们只是想呈现自己国家最好的一面 仅此而已 |
[23:54] | Well, then, let me ask you something. | 那我问你几件事 |
[23:57] | Do you want to be remembered | 你们想作为举办 |
[23:58] | as the guys who held the Olympics without America? | 没有美国参加的奥运会的国家 被载入历史吗? |
[24:19] | The minister hopes you are impressed | 部长希望您对我们 |
[24:22] | by the facilities here at our sports club. | 运动俱乐部的配套设施都还满意 |
[24:24] | Yeah, the facilities are great. | 设施都非常不错 |
[24:26] | No problem with the facilities. | 这方面我没有疑问 |
[24:28] | But the one thing that puzzles me | 但是困扰我的一件事 |
[24:31] | is you don’t allow Jews to be members, | 是你们不允许犹太人加入俱乐部 |
[24:34] | and that’s the only way they can qualify for the games. | 而这是他们有资格参加奥运会的唯一方式 |
[24:45] | We have several, very promising | 有几名非常有前途的 |
[24:47] | Jewish athletes we expect to compete. | 犹太运动员 我们正期望他们能参赛 |
[24:51] | Look, I’m not here to tell you how to run your country. | 听着 我来这里不是想教你们如何管理国家 |
[24:56] | I walk in a man’s house, I’m not gonna piss on his rug. | 这里是你们的地盘 我不会这么不讲礼节 |
[25:00] | But I don’t expect him to feed me manure and call it foie gras. | 但我也不希望像傻子一样 被人用粪便欺骗 那人还硬称其为鹅肝酱 |
[25:05] | You wanna use these games | 你们想利用奥运会 |
[25:06] | to sell your nasty little ideas to the world, | 向全世界灌输你们肮脏的思想 |
[25:10] | and I’m here to tell you no one is gonna stand for it. | 我来这儿 就是想告诉你们 没人会支持你们的 |
[25:13] | You gotta clean up your act. | 你们必须检点一点 |
[25:20] | Would you like me to translate or interpret? | 你是希望我直译还是讲得委婉点? |
[25:34] | Avery, what did you have in mind? | 艾弗里 |
[25:39] | Gotta take down those posters. | 撕除那些海报 |
[25:42] | Put a leash on your press. | 报刊严禁提及此类新闻 |
[25:44] | I don’t wanna hear about anymore rounding up of undesirables. | 我不想再听到有关排斥 歧视的传言了 |
[25:48] | And I want your word, here, today, | 我需要你们的保证 此时此地就要 |
[25:51] | that you will not exclude Jews and Negroes from the games. | 保证你们不会限制犹太人 和黑人参加奥运会 |
[25:55] | So long as they’re American citizens, | 只要他们是美国公民 |
[25:57] | we’ll bring Martians if we want to. | 让我带个火星人来都行 |
[26:17] | If the minister agrees, he can count on your support? | 如果部长同意 你能保证绝对支持他吗? |
[26:31] | Sure. | 当然 |
[27:02] | Coach? | 教练? |
[27:04] | There you go. | 给你 |
[27:09] | What, what’s this? | 这是什么? |
[27:11] | An identity and registration card | 俄亥俄州议院的 |
[27:13] | for the Ohio state legislature. | 身份登记卡 |
[27:14] | All the pages there gotta have them. | 所有青年助理人手一张 |
[27:16] | What’s a page do? | 助理需要做什么? |
[27:17] | Takes home 60 bucks a month, plus expenses. | 每月拿60块回家 日常开支也可以报销 |
[27:20] | All right. But what does he gotta do? | 但是有什么工作呢? |
[27:24] | Nothing. He’s got the Big Ten Championships coming up. He trains. | 什么都不做 十大联盟冠军联赛在即 他只需要抓紧时间训练 |
[27:30] | Thanks, Coach. | 谢谢你 教练 |
[27:31] | See you at 9:00 a.M. Sharp. | 明早9点整见 |
[27:39] | Ten seconds. Okay? | 10秒种 明白吗? |
[27:42] | I want you to count that to yourself. Ten seconds, fellas. | 各位 自己心里默数10秒 |
[27:45] | That’s all you get to run the 100. | 这是你们百码跑的目标 |
[27:47] | Sixty strides, and every single one of them counts. | 60的步幅 每一步都很重要 |
[27:50] | There’s no margin for error, all right? | 容不得一丝一毫的错误 明白吗? |
[27:53] | You could fall down in the 400, | 400码你可以摔跤 |
[27:55] | pick yourself up and still place. Not here. | 爬起来继续跑 仍然可以名列前茅 但在这里行不通 |
[27:57] | Now, if you’re over-striding, if your cadence is too slow, | 如果你们步幅过大 或是步调过慢 |
[28:00] | it can cost you a quarter of a second the whole race. | 都会使你们最后的成绩 慢四分之一秒 |
[28:04] | Every fraction of every second counts, | 每秒 甚至每毫秒都至关重要 |
[28:07] | but it’s your start that counts the most of all. | 但最最关键的 还是在于你的起跑 |
[28:09] | Go. | 跑 |
[28:10] | I’m looking at you, Jesse. | 说的就是你 杰西 |
[28:12] | You come off the gun like you’re slamming into a brick wall, | 你起跑时就像要一头撞进砖墙一样 |
[28:14] | and it pains me to watch it, okay? | 看着真让人难受 知道吗? |
[28:17] | You gotta start low. | 预备时降低重心 |
[28:19] | You gotta glide into it like an airplane. | 你的身体要像飞机起飞一样滑动 |
[28:22] | Any of you fellows ever seen an airplane take off? | 你们有谁看过飞机起飞? |
[28:24] | The lower you are, the longer you stay there, | 重心越低 保持的时间越长 |
[28:26] | the less resistance you get, the faster you are. | 你受到的阻力越小 你的速度也就越快 |
[28:29] | It’s that simple. | 就这么简单 |
[28:31] | Ready? | 准备 |
[28:32] | And we’re gonna keep working on that over and over, okay? | 这部分我们要一遍又一遍地练习 明白? |
[28:36] | You gotta stay low all the way through the hurdle, okay? | 穿过跳栏的全程 你都必须放低重心 明白吗? |
[28:38] | Wow. The great Jesse Owens. | 哇 了不起的杰西·欧文斯 |
[28:41] | Jesse, let’s get back to basics. | 杰西 让我们练习最基本的动作 |
[28:42] | Why don’t you swing from those bamboo poles over there, boy? | 你为什么不悬挂在那些竹竿上呢 小子? |
[28:45] | That’s right, jiggaboos! | 没错 黑鬼! |
[28:47] | Let’s see you hang off those bars! | 让我们看看你吊在上面的样子! |
[28:48] | Hey, Jesse, get set. | 嘿 杰西 准备好 |
[28:49] | Hustle to it fellas. | 小伙子 赶紧的 |
[28:50] | It’s just like being back in the jungle, huh? | 就像回到丛林里一样 不是吗? |
[28:53] | Come on, porch monkey, swing! | 快点 跳梁小丑 吊上去! |
[28:55] | Yeah, do it! | 快吊啊! |
[28:58] | One more thing. Jesse, you wanna tell me | 还有一件事 杰西 |
[29:00] | what was so interesting about the goddamn football team? | 你和那帮该死的橄榄球队的人 究竟有什么过节? |
[29:06] | I don’t know, Coach. I just got distracted. | 我不知道 教练 我有点分心了 |
[29:07] | Oh, you got distracted? See, that’s what I’m talking about. | 噢 分心了? 这就是我担心的问题 |
[29:10] | You can’t get distracted. You understand? | 你必须集中注意力 听明白了吗? |
[29:11] | What the hell is this? | 这是什么情况? |
[29:13] | All right, Larry. Finish this up now. | 劳瑞 赶紧走人 |
[29:14] | I got boys who need to shower. | 我的队员们还等着洗澡呢 |
[29:15] | Yeah, one sec, Coach. I’m not quite through yet. | 等一会 教练 我还没讲完 |
[29:17] | Sit down. Everybody, sit down. Sit down! | 坐下 所有人 全部坐下! |
[29:20] | Larry, hustle these niggers out of here. You hear me? | 劳瑞 快把这些黑鬼赶出去 听见了吗? |
[29:24] | Get ’em out! | 让他们出去! |
[29:25] | If you get your head turned | 如果你们在这里 |
[29:26] | by a few gorillas in warm-up pads here at home, | 被几个穿着护垫的猩猩说几句 就撑不住了 |
[29:27] | how are you gonna hold up in Michigan? | 那你们在密歇根还谈什么比赛? |
[29:29] | Who the hell is he calling “Gorillas,” Coach? Coach Snyder! | 他管谁叫”猩猩”呢 教练? 斯奈德教练! |
[29:30] | Hey, look at me! Coach Snyder. | 嘿 看着我! 斯奈德教练 |
[29:32] | A lot of people show up for the Big Ten meet. | 十大联盟比赛会有很多人出席 |
[29:34] | Coach Snyder! Not all of them are gonna be on our side, | 斯奈德教练! 不是所有人都会支持我们 |
[29:36] | you understand? | 明白吗? |
[29:37] | Do you? Do you? | 明白? 明白? |
[29:40] | You gotta learn to block it all out! | 你们得学会屏蔽这些恶言恶语! |
[29:43] | It’s just noise! That’s all, all this is! | 都是些噪音! 全部都是! |
[29:45] | All it is, is noise. You hear me? | 这些都只是噪音 听清楚了吗? |
[29:48] | They will love you or they will hate you. | 有人喜欢你 就会有人讨厌你 |
[29:50] | Does not matter. | 但这都不重要 |
[29:53] | ‘Cause either way, when you’re out there, you’re on your own. | 因为不管怎么样 你走出这个社会 都只能靠自己 |
[29:56] | Jesse! | 杰西! |
[29:59] | Do you hear me? | 听清楚了吗? |
[30:02] | Yeah. Yeah, Coach, I hear you. | 是的 教练 听清楚了 |
[30:06] | Good. | 那就好 |
[30:08] | About time. All right, come on. Let’s go. | 差不多了吧 好 我们出去吧 |
[30:10] | You heard Coach. They need the locker room. | 教练发话了 他们要用更衣室 |
[30:11] | Right. | 好的 |
[30:14] | Come on! Move it! Let’s go! | 走吧! 快点! 都出去! |
[30:17] | Jesus Christ, Snyder. | 我的天 斯奈德 |
[30:19] | Why you always have to complicate everything? | 你为什么总喜欢把事情搞得这么复杂? |
[30:21] | Thanks for your patience, Coach. Locker room’s all yours. | 谢谢你的耐心 教练 更衣室是你们的了 |
[30:24] | What in the hell was that, Coach? | 究竟是怎么回事 教练? |
[30:30] | Okay, Dave. | 戴夫 |
[30:32] | All right. Let’s see it. | 准备好 秀给我们看看 |
[30:36] | That was for you. | 给你瓶酒 |
[30:37] | No, that was for you, shorty. | 小矮人 这一跳献给你 |
[30:39] | No, I’m good, Mel. | 我不喝 梅尔 |
[30:40] | Come on. You believe it? | 你敢相信吗? |
[30:41] | Yeah, I saw. You jump like my sister. | 是的 我看见了 你跳得像我妹妹一样 |
[30:43] | Like your sister? | 像你妹妹? |
[30:44] | Matter of fact, my daughter can make that jump. | 事实上 我女儿就能跳 |
[30:46] | She’s three years old. | 她才3岁 |
[30:47] | Yeah, she’s three inches taller than you. Come on now. | 没错 也就比你矮个3英寸 过来 |
[30:51] | Hey, shorty, show us what you got. | 嘿 小矮人 给大家看看你有什么能耐 |
[30:52] | Come on, Jesse. | 来吧 杰西 |
[30:54] | Hey, what would Ruth say? | 嘿 露丝会说什么? |
[30:56] | Come on, Jesse. | 跳一个吧 杰西 |
[30:57] | Ah, make her proud now. | 啊 让她骄傲一下 |
[31:00] | Yeah, shorty! | 就是这样 小矮人! |
[31:02] | One jump. One jump! | 跳一次 就跳一次! |
[31:05] | You better lower that. I don’t think… | 你们最好放低点 我不认为… |
[31:06] | No, pick it up. Pick it up now. | 不 抬高点 再抬高 |
[31:08] | Come on now. Higher. Don’t be shy. | 快 再高点 别害羞 |
[31:18] | I don’t know what he was thinking, though. | 真不知道他在想什么 |
[31:20] | Right. Mmm-hmm. | 没错 嗯 |
[31:21] | Who’s that? | 那是谁? |
[31:24] | I think that’s his coach. | 应该是他的教练 |
[31:26] | Coach. Yeah? | 教练 还好吗? |
[31:28] | I’m fine. Two days, and I’ll be right as rain. | 我没事 给我两天时间 我就能恢复 |
[31:31] | You’ve got three days. | 你只剩3天时间了 |
[31:33] | Three days from now, we | 3天后 我们就要去安阿伯市了 |
[31:34] | go to Ann Arbor with or without you. Got it? | 不管你有没有痊愈 去不去得了 明白吗? |
[31:40] | Goddamn it. What were you doing? | 该死 究竟是怎么弄伤的? |
[31:42] | Training. Fell down some steps. | 训练 从楼梯上滑倒了 |
[31:48] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们 先生们 |
[31:50] | welcome to Ferry Field here in Ann Arbor, Michigan, | 欢迎来到密歇根安阿伯市的费里田径场 |
[31:54] | for the finals of the Big Ten track and field conference | 参加1935年度 十大联盟田径比赛的 |
[31:58] | of 1935! | 决赛! |
[32:07] | Hey, go get dressed. | 嘿 去换衣服 |
[32:09] | I’m scratching you. You can’t run. | 我帮你退赛 你跑不了 |
[32:10] | Coach, I’m fine. I’m good. | 教练 我没事 没问题 |
[32:12] | For God sakes, you can barely walk, Jesse. Come on. | 天啊 你连路都走不了 杰西 |
[32:14] | Coach, just let me do the 100. | 教练 让我跑100码就行 |
[32:15] | You wanna pull me after that, then fine. | 之后的比赛你不想让我参加 那没问题 |
[32:17] | What? No. No, no, no. | 什么? 不 不 不 |
[32:19] | No, you run with an injured back, you could be out for months. | 不行 带着背伤比赛 你以后可能几个月都好不了 |
[32:22] | All right? Forget it. | 知道吗? 别想了 |
[32:23] | Coach, let me do this. | 教练 让我跑吧 |
[32:24] | The three days did the trick. I’m good. | 休息3天足够了 我没事 |
[32:28] | It’ll only be 10 seconds. | 就10秒钟而已 |
[32:32] | Better be faster than that. Go. | 最好比这更快 去吧 |
[32:34] | Ladies and gentlemen… | 女士们 先生们… |
[32:36] | The first sprint final of the day, | 今天的第一场短跑决赛 |
[32:40] | the 100-yard dash! | 百码冲刺! |
[32:58] | Negro! | 黑鬼! |
[33:01] | They will love you or they will hate you. | 有人喜欢你 就有人讨厌你 |
[33:03] | Does not matter. | 但这些都不重要 |
[33:05] | ‘Cause either way, when you’re out there, you’re on your own. | 因为不管怎样 你走出这个社会 就只能靠自己 |
[33:09] | Set. | 计时结束 |
[33:28] | Hey, kid, you did it. You did it. | 嘿 小子 你做到了 你成功了 |
[33:31] | I was slow off the start. | 我起跑慢了 |
[33:32] | No, no, no, no. 9.3 seconds. | 不不不 你跑了9秒3 |
[33:34] | That’s a record, kid. 9.3 seconds! | 新纪录 小子 9秒3! |
[33:36] | 9.4. | 9秒4 |
[33:37] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[33:38] | 9.4, Larry. | 是9秒4 劳瑞 |
[33:39] | No, I clocked it myself at 9… | 不 我计的时是9秒… |
[33:40] | You know the rules. What rules? | 你知道规则的 什么规则? |
[33:41] | We have to go with the higher time. What are you talking about? | 最后成绩以较长时间为准 你什么意思? |
[33:43] | What do you mean, “The higher time”? | 什么叫”较长时间”? |
[33:45] | We got two out of three agree. | 3个裁判 有两个都认定这个成绩 |
[33:46] | Okay, then, what’s the problem? | 有什么问题吗? |
[33:47] | Will you calm down? | 你能冷静一下吗? |
[33:48] | Do you understand? I’m not | 明白吗? 除非你 |
[33:49] | gonna calm down till you come to your senses | 意识到自己的错误 把世界纪录还给我们 |
[33:51] | and give us the record! | 不然我绝对不会冷静的! |
[33:52] | We’re going with the higher time! | 最后成绩以较长时间为准! |
[33:53] | That’s ridiculous! You gotta be kidding me, Phil! | 真可笑! 你是在逗我吧 菲尔! |
[33:56] | Look! I see it, Coach. | 你看! 我知道 教练 |
[33:59] | Up next, on the broad jump, | 跳远决赛的下一位运动员 |
[34:01] | we have from Ohio State University, Mr. Jesse Owens. | 来自俄亥俄州立大学的杰西·欧文斯先生 |
[34:18] | What’s he doing? | 他在干什么? |
[34:20] | What do you mean? He’s getting a feel for it. | 怎么了? 他在熟悉场地 |
[34:22] | Excuse me, sir. | 打扰一下 先生 |
[34:24] | Uh, how far did you say that Chinaman could jump? | 额 那个中国人跳了多远? |
[34:27] | What, whoa. | 什么 喔 |
[34:28] | Mr. Nambu is, uh, Japanese. | 南武先生是日本人 |
[34:31] | His world record stands at 26 feet and two inches. | 他的世界纪录是26英尺 2英寸 |
[34:39] | Do you have a handkerchief I could borrow? | 你能借我一张手帕吗? |
[34:43] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[34:48] | Now he’s just showing off. | 他现在是在炫技 |
[35:22] | Ladies and gentlemen, we have a new world record. | 女士们先生们 一项新的世界纪录诞生了 |
[35:26] | Twenty-six feet, eight and one quarter inches! | 26英尺 8.25英寸! |
[35:30] | Twenty-six feet, eight and one quarter inches! | 26英尺 8.25英寸! |
[35:32] | Here you go. | 还给你 |
[35:46] | Whoo! | 哇! |
[35:49] | Mr. Jesse Owens sets a new world record | 杰西·欧文斯 以20.3秒的成绩 |
[35:53] | with a time of 20.3 seconds! | 打破世界纪录! |
[35:56] | 20.3 seconds! | 20.3秒! |
[36:10] | This is unbelievable! | 太不可思议了! |
[36:12] | Jesse Owens has smashed another world record… | 杰西·欧文斯 打破另一项世界纪录… |
[36:17] | With a time of 22. 6 seconds! | 以22.6 秒的成绩! |
[36:20] | Three world records set | 仅仅45分钟 就已刷新 |
[36:21] | and another tied in just 45 minutes! | 3项世界纪录 一项与原纪录持平的成绩! |
[36:25] | Is there anyone who can beat Owens now? | 现在还有人能打败欧文斯吗? |
[36:28] | Jesse! Jesse! Jesse! | 杰西! 杰西! 杰西! |
[36:32] | It’s okay. You can say it. | 没关系 你现在可以说了 |
[36:34] | Say what? Whenever you’re ready. | 说什么? 你准备好就说 |
[36:36] | Long ride back to Columbus. Take your time. | 回哥伦布还有漫漫长路 不着急 |
[36:40] | Yeah, you’re gonna have to help me out here, Jesse. | 你得给我点提示 杰西 |
[36:41] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[36:43] | Really? Yeah. | 真的? 真的 |
[36:46] | How many other natural speed men you trained | 一场比赛刷新3项世界纪录的 |
[36:49] | just set three world records in a single meet, hmm? Injured. | 有天赋的运动员 你还带出过几个? 再加上我还带伤参赛 |
[36:55] | Four, if you count the 100. | 是4项记录 如果算上100码的话 |
[36:59] | I’ll tell you what. It gets worse than that. | 告诉你 还有更夸张的 |
[37:01] | Oh, yeah? Yeah. | 真的吗? 嗯 |
[37:02] | You also shattered the Ohio State record | 你还打破了俄亥俄州立大学 |
[37:05] | for most points in a single year, so congrats. | 1年内得奖最多的记录 所以祝贺你 |
[37:08] | Really? Mmm, yes, really. | 真的吗? 真的 |
[37:11] | Which cracker did I take that off of? | 我把哪个损人拉下来了? |
[37:14] | This cracker. | 我这个损人 |
[37:16] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[37:18] | I had that record for 11 years. | 这个记录我保持了11年 |
[37:20] | Eleven years, and you left me in the dust. | 整整11年 而你就这么把我拍在沙滩上了 |
[37:27] | Yeah, well, you know what they say about records, don’t you? | 你知道其他人都是怎么评价记录的吗? |
[37:30] | No. What do they say? | 不知道 怎么说的? |
[37:32] | Some kid, come out of nowhere, | 随时都有年轻人冒出来 |
[37:34] | snatch the record off of you, just like that. | 轻轻松松就能打破你的记录 |
[37:37] | Oh, that saying. Yeah. | 噢 这句话啊 |
[37:39] | Mmm-hmm. Mmm-hmm. | 嗯哼 嗯哼 |
[37:45] | No, you did good. | 你表现很棒 |
[37:47] | Real good, Jesse. | 真的很棒 杰西 |
[37:49] | That was something to watch. | 你让我大开眼界 |
[37:52] | Yeah, well, I’ll tell you what. | 告诉你 |
[37:54] | You stick with me, I’ll make a great coach out of you. | 如果你一直当我教练 我一定会让你骄傲的 |
[38:01] | Frank Wykoff took gold in Amsterdam in ’28, | 弗朗克·怀科夫在28年 阿姆斯特丹奥运会赢得金牌 |
[38:03] | and again in ’32 right here in LA. | 在32年的洛杉矶奥运会上 再次斩获金牌 |
[38:05] | Him and Draper, they’re the best Cromwell’s got, | 他还有德雷珀 是克伦威尔最得意的队员 |
[38:08] | which make them pretty much the best in the country, so… | 也正是如此 他们代表着美国的最高水平 所以… |
[38:10] | Are you listening to me? Yeah. Yeah. | 你有在听我说吗? 我在听 |
[38:12] | Coach, I already took Wykoff. | 教练 我已经超越怀科夫了 |
[38:14] | Yeah, well, this… | 没错 这位… |
[38:18] | That’s Eulace Peacock. | 是尤雷斯·皮科克 |
[38:20] | Peacock took the 100 meters and the broad jump in Philadelphia. | 皮科克拿下了费城100米以及跳远的冠军 |
[38:23] | He’s a driver, not a floater like you. | 他擅长冲刺爆发 不像你擅长续航 |
[38:25] | It’s ugly to watch, but he goes down that track | 虽然跑姿极丑 但他在田径场上 |
[38:28] | like a freight train on fire, and he’s got a hell of a finish. | 就像一辆码速满格的货运车 一路狂奔到终点 |
[38:30] | Him, you need to watch out for. | 他 你一定得多加注意 |
[38:33] | He clocked at 9.5 against Villanova. | 他在维拉诺瓦跑了9.5秒 |
[38:35] | There you go. He’s slower. | 别闹了 他比我慢 |
[38:37] | A tenth of a second slower, Jesse. | 就慢0.1秒 杰西 |
[38:38] | Two-tenths, Coach. | 是0.2秒 教练 |
[38:40] | Mmm-hmm. | 嗯哼 |
[38:42] | Relax. | 别紧张 |
[38:44] | I won’t let you down in front of Cromwell. | 我不会让你在克伦威尔面前掉面子的 |
[38:56] | Mr. Owens. | 欧文斯先生 |
[38:58] | One picture, please! | 拍张照 看这边! |
[39:01] | Mr. Owens, we have a couple of questions for you. | 欧文斯先生 我们有几个问题想问你 |
[39:03] | Whoa, whoa, whoa. Easy, easy, easy, | 喔 喔 喔 慢点 慢点 |
[39:05] | easy, easy. Come on, let us through. | 别挤 让我们过去 |
[39:06] | How does it feel to be the world’s fastest human? | 做世界上跑得最快的人 感觉如何? |
[39:08] | Excuse me. Excuse me. | 借过 借过 |
[39:15] | Owens. | 欧文斯 |
[39:21] | Good afternoon, and welcome to Los Angeles, | 下午好 欢迎来到洛杉矶 |
[39:25] | where the great Jesse Owens, no doubt, hopes to make good | 毫无疑问 了不起的杰西·欧文斯 希望在这一站 |
[39:28] | on his unprecedented streak of four world records. | 继续保持自己史无前例的4项世界纪录 |
[40:03] | I’m telling you, the skirt in LA… | 告诉你 洛杉矶的姑娘… |
[40:06] | They must be putting something in the water. | 他们肯定在水里加了什么东西 |
[40:09] | Who drinks water? | 谁还喝水啊? |
[40:27] | Forget it, shorty. You might get a girl like that to dance, | 别想了 小矮人 这种女孩最多和她跳支舞 |
[40:30] | but you’ll never get her into bed. | 但千万别带回家睡觉 |
[40:41] | You’re Jesse Owens. | 你就是杰西·欧文斯 |
[40:47] | Yes, yes, ma’am. | 我是 小姐 |
[40:49] | Like to dance? | 跳舞吗? |
[40:52] | Come on, Jesse. Go! | 杰西 去啊! |
[40:54] | Oh, no, I, I got a girl. | 不了 我有女朋友 |
[40:57] | Where is she? I’ll dance with her too. | 她在哪儿? 我也可以和她跳 |
[41:02] | She’s in Ohio. | 她在俄亥俄州 |
[41:03] | I like her already. | 我已经开始喜欢她了 |
[41:05] | Whoo! Go, Jesse. | 喔! 加油 杰西 |
[41:08] | Go on, shorty! | 加油 小矮人! |
[41:35] | So, how come it’s Jesse? | 为什么要叫杰西? |
[41:38] | Excuse me? | 你说什么? |
[41:40] | You’re The Buckeye Bullet. | 你是”七叶树子弹” |
[41:42] | Born James Cleveland Owens, September 1913, in Oakville, Alabama. | 名叫詹姆斯·克利夫兰·欧文斯 生于1913年9月 阿拉巴马州奥克维尔 |
[41:46] | You’ve won eight out of eight events since you got here, | 自从你来到这儿 参加了8场比赛 保持全胜 |
[41:48] | and there’s nobody that can touch you in the west coast, | 不管是美国西海岸 东海岸还是美国中部 |
[41:51] | east coast, or straight down the middle. | 都没人能跑得过你 |
[41:53] | What I don’t know is, why Jesse? | 我唯一不知道的就是 为什么要叫杰西? |
[41:57] | Uh, well, it’s actually “JC.” | 额 其实是”JC”我名字的缩写 |
[42:01] | My elementary school teacher, | 我的小学老师 |
[42:03] | she misheard on account of my accent. | 由于我的口音 听错了 |
[42:06] | I never had the heart to put her right. | 我也就将错就错 没有纠正她 |
[42:11] | That’s too bad. How so? | 糟了 怎么了? |
[42:14] | A big heart can get in the way. | 高尚的气度会坏了很多好事 |
[42:17] | Of what? | 比如? |
[42:19] | All kinds of fun. | 各种各样的乐子 |
[42:42] | Allow me to say how pleased we all are | 请允许我代表所有人 向您表达我们的喜悦之情 |
[42:45] | we have met your expectations. | 我们的改变终于达到了您的预期 |
[42:48] | Everything looks swell. | 一切看起来都很和谐 |
[42:50] | Let’s keep it that way through next summer, hmm? | 就这样继续保持 直到下个夏天 可以做到吗? |
[43:07] | The AAU is set to decide on US participation in the games | 美国业余体育联合会 决定在12月冬季大会上 |
[43:11] | at its December convention. | 支持美国参加奥运会 |
[43:12] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[43:13] | I wonder, Avery, | 我很好奇 艾弗里 |
[43:15] | do you really think America will withdraw? | 你真的认为美国会退赛吗? |
[43:18] | Well, we have to vote. That’s what a democracy is. | 必须经过投票表决 民主国家都是这样的 |
[43:23] | Yes, of course. | 这是当然 |
[43:26] | The minister Goebbels merely asks for reassurance | 戈培尔部长只是想要保证 |
[43:29] | we can count on your support. | 能够得到您的支持 |
[43:31] | Oh, I’ve made my position clear. | 我的立场已经表示得够明确了 |
[43:35] | In the meantime, | 与此同时 |
[43:38] | might we ask that you grant us the benefit | 可否请您帮个忙 |
[43:41] | of your considerable experience in construction, | 动用您在建筑方面资深的经验 审度一下 |
[43:44] | and review these plans of our new embassy in Washington? | 我们准备在华盛顿 修建的新大使馆的架构图? |
[43:50] | You know, last time I looked, | 我上次出山 |
[43:53] | I was worth close on $15 million. | 值的价钱可将近1千5百万 |
[43:56] | You tell him I can’t be bought. | 你告诉他 我是不会被收买的 |
[43:58] | You can’t afford me. | 你买不起 |
[44:00] | A bribe? No. No. | 贿赂? 当然不是 |
[44:04] | A business proposal. | 纯粹谈生意 |
[44:06] | The minister would be greatly obliged to you. | 部长会非常感激您的 |
[44:10] | There aren’t many companies like yours | 因为像您公司那样 |
[44:12] | that could handle a project of this size. | 能接这种大单子的地方不多 |
[44:16] | Well… | 确实… |
[44:22] | The architect is Albert Speer. | 设计师是艾伯特·斯皮尔 |
[44:26] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[44:27] | Impressive. | 很壮观 |
[44:29] | But these towers won’t pass DC zoning laws. | 但这些高楼不符合特区的分区法 |
[44:32] | You can’t build higher than 130 feet. | 楼层高度不得超过130英尺 |
[44:35] | You see, this is exactly the kind of expertise we need, | 这正是我们需要的专业意见 如果你感兴趣 |
[44:39] | if you’re interested. | 可以和我们合作 |
[44:50] | Whoo-wee! I am beat. | 喔喂! 累死我了 |
[44:54] | You look beautiful. | 你看上去真美 |
[44:55] | Just be glad we weren’t on the bus. | 真高兴我们不用赶公交 |
[44:57] | My daddy didn’t buy me this car | 我爸爸给我买车 |
[44:59] | to watch me take no damn buses. | 就是为了不让我挤公交 |
[45:14] | Uh, Mr. Owens, sir. Telegram. | 额 欧文斯先生 有你的电报 |
[45:23] | She can’t sue you, Jesse. | 她不能起诉你 杰西 |
[45:27] | How is she gonna sue you? | 她怎么可能起诉你? |
[45:29] | And for what? | 以什么名义? |
[45:30] | Breach of promise? | 违背诺言? |
[45:34] | What does it even mean? | 这算什么罪名? |
[45:38] | It’s a threat. That’s all. | 她是在威胁你 仅此而已 |
[45:43] | She’s just angry. | 她只是生气了 |
[45:55] | Hello. | 你好 |
[45:56] | Mr. Solomon? It’s Jesse. | 所罗门先生吗? 我是杰西 |
[45:58] | Jesse, what you want, boy? | 杰西 你有什么事 小子? |
[45:59] | Well, can I speak with Ruth, sir? | 我能和露丝讲几句吗 先生? |
[46:01] | She don’t wanna talk to you… | 她不想和你说话… |
[46:02] | I understand that, but if you just give me one second to exp… | 我能理解 但希望你能给我几分钟解释… |
[46:05] | Don’t call here no more! If she would just… | 别再打来了! 如果她能… |
[46:15] | Jesse. | 杰西 |
[46:29] | Go, Jesse! | 加油 杰西! |
[46:32] | You can do it! | 你一定行! |
[46:37] | Take your mark. | 各就各位 |
[46:45] | I’m gonna beat you, boy, like I was your daddy. | 我要击败你 小子 就像我是你爸爸那样 |
[46:50] | Set! | 预备! |
[47:23] | Eulace Peacock has beaten | 尤拉斯·皮科克 |
[47:24] | the world’s fastest human, Jesse Owens, | 以10.2秒的好成绩 |
[47:27] | with an incredible time of 10.2 seconds. | 击败了世界上跑得最快的人 杰西·欧文斯 |
[47:34] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[47:37] | You alone? | 一个人? |
[47:39] | Mmm-hmm. Hmm. | 嗯哼 嗯 |
[47:44] | So, you, uh, you wanna tell me why you lost today? | 能告诉我今天为什么输掉了比赛吗? |
[47:50] | I thought that was your job. | 那不是你的工作吗 |
[47:54] | I know how you lost. | 我知道你为什么输 |
[47:55] | You looked for him at 90 meters, and it cost you the race. | 你在90米处 瞥了他一眼 结果就输了 |
[47:58] | He’s got no goddamn business beating you. | 他没那本事跑赢你 |
[48:00] | Who, Peacock? | 谁 皮科克吗? |
[48:01] | Yeah, or Metcalfe. | 对 还有梅特卡夫 |
[48:02] | Yeah, well, it happened. | 但事情已经发生了 |
[48:03] | All right? | 不是吗? |
[48:05] | I had a bad day. | 我今天心情不好 |
[48:09] | Look, I’m tired, Coach. | 我很累 教练 |
[48:12] | We’ve got a 15-hour ride back to Ohio. | 回俄亥俄州还有15小时车程 |
[48:14] | I just wanna drink my beer and get some rest. | 我现在只想喝喝啤酒 然后好好放松一下 |
[48:20] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[48:25] | Actually, if you keep losing like you did today, | 事实上 如果你再像今天这样输掉比赛 |
[48:27] | that boat’s going to leave for Berlin without you. | 前往柏林的团队里 可能就没有你的名字了 |
[48:29] | You know what, Coach? If this is going | 教练 你知道吗? 如果你又要开讲 |
[48:31] | to be another one of your sob stories, | 所谓的煽情故事了 那我麻烦你 |
[48:32] | then, if it’s all the same to you, | 如果对你来说 都没有差别 |
[48:34] | I’d rather just hear it tomorrow. | 我宁愿明天再听 |
[48:41] | Look, | 听着 |
[48:44] | Miss Nickerson seems like a… | 尼克森小姐看上去是位… |
[48:49] | Nice enough gal. | 相当不错的姑娘 |
[48:52] | I don’t judge what you do, | 你的所作所为 我不做评价 |
[48:54] | just as long as you feel all right about it. | 只要你自己能够打开心结 欣然接受它 |
[48:58] | The choices you’re making right now | 此时此刻你所做出的选择 |
[49:00] | won’t even feel like choices, until it’s too late. | 在你觉得一切都不再有转机之前 都不算什么 |
[49:12] | You ever been married, Coach? | 你结过婚吗 教练? |
[49:16] | Yeah. | 结过 |
[49:19] | Our little girl’s all grown up now. | 我们的女儿都快长大成人了 |
[49:21] | Turns 18 next year. | 明年就满18了 |
[49:25] | My wife and I are taking some time off. | 我妻子和我 现在暂时分开住 |
[49:29] | She told me, | 她告诉我 |
[49:32] | “You can’t have two families. | “你不能同时拥有两个家庭 |
[49:34] | “There’s no room on the team for us.” | “在你心里 已经容不下我和你了” |
[49:38] | Think track and field’s hard, you should try marriage. | 别以为田径很难 试试婚姻你就知道了 |
[49:44] | I’d like to give it a shot. | 我愿意试试 |
[49:50] | Good for you, kid. | 祝你好运 小伙子 |
[49:59] | You never told me you had a daughter. | 你从没告诉我 你还有个女儿 |
[50:03] | You never asked. | 你也没问过我啊 |
[50:27] | Hurry up. | 快点 |
[50:28] | I wanna get to Des Moines by morning. | 我想在天亮前赶到得梅因 |
[50:37] | Look, Quincella. | 听我说 奎因瑟拉 |
[50:42] | You are, you’re an amazing girl, truly. | 你是个很棒的女孩 真的 |
[50:46] | And it’s, it’s been a real… | 我们相处得也很… |
[50:48] | Screw you, Jesse Owens! | 你是个混蛋 杰西·欧文斯! |
[50:51] | I hope she’s worth it! | 希望她值得你那么做! |
[51:01] | I’ve got to see Ruth. I’ve got some explaining to do. | 我得去见见露丝 我欠她一个解释 |
[51:05] | Mmm-hmm. Good luck with that. | 嗯哼 祝你好运 |
[52:03] | Ruth? | 露丝? |
[52:05] | I’m so sorry, Ruth. I… | 我对不起你 露丝 我… |
[52:08] | Look, I swear I’m gonna… | 我发誓我… |
[52:32] | Do you remember the day we first met? | 你还记得我们第一次见面的那天吗? |
[52:36] | I carried your books home from school? | 我帮你把书从学校 搬回了家? |
[52:39] | And the whole way, we was… | 一整天 我们… |
[52:42] | We was talking about this and | 我们都聊个不停 |
[52:45] | about that, | 天马行空 |
[52:47] | and what we wanted out of life, | 谈论我们对以后生活的期望 |
[52:49] | and what we didn’t. | 还有忠告 |
[52:53] | Do you remember what I asked you at your door? | 还记得在你家门前 我问了你什么吗? |
[52:59] | You asked me to marry you. | 你想让我嫁给你 |
[53:01] | And do you remember what you said? | 还记得你是怎么回答的吗? |
[53:05] | I said we should wait. | 我说我们应该再等等 |
[53:08] | Well, I’m done waiting. | 我已经厌倦等待了 |
[53:10] | I wanna marry you, Minnie Ruth Solomon. | 我想娶你 明妮·露丝·所罗门 |
[53:13] | I did then and I want it twice as bad now. | 之前想 想在更想 |
[53:18] | I’m a fool. | 我真是个笨蛋 |
[53:21] | When that boy asked me to marry him, | 当时那个男孩向我求婚时 |
[53:24] | I should’ve said yes. | 我应该答应的 |
[53:28] | But you ain’t him no more. | 而你已变得不再是那个男孩了 |
[53:32] | Now, go on and get out of here. | 现在赶紧离开这里 |
[53:35] | Ruth… Get out of here! | 露丝… 滚出去! |
[53:37] | You keepin’ all these people waiting. Just get out, Jesse. | 其他人都还等着呢 走吧 杰西 |
[53:39] | Get out! | 快出去! |
[54:50] | Whoo! Look at all this rain. | 喔! 瞧这雨下的 |
[55:00] | What do you think you’re doing? | 你到底想干嘛? |
[55:02] | Waiting to walk you home. | 等你下班 送你回家 |
[55:04] | You been out here all day? | 你一整天都待在这外面? |
[55:05] | Yeah and I’ll be out here all day tomorrow, too, | 没错 我明天也会来 有必要的话 |
[55:07] | all week if I got to. | 整个星期都来 |
[55:09] | Then you’ll just miss your damn races. | 可这样你就会错过比赛 |
[55:11] | I don’t care about that. | 我不在乎 |
[55:13] | I just wanna run, I can do that right here in Cleveland. | 如果我想跑 直接在克利夫兰就能跑 |
[55:16] | Jesse, you wanna work in a service station the rest of your life? | 杰西 你打算一辈子就在加油站干下去吗? |
[55:19] | Well, if it means I get to be with you. | 如果这样能让你我在一起 那我愿意 |
[55:23] | Oh, you’re smooth. | 油嘴滑舌 |
[55:25] | Yes, you are. | 你就是这么会说话 |
[55:26] | Marry me. | 嫁给我吧 |
[55:29] | You crazy? | 你疯了? |
[55:30] | Right now, let’s do it. | 就现在 我们结婚吧 |
[55:32] | My parents hate your damn guts. | 我父母对你恨之入骨 |
[55:35] | You left me with our daughter, Jesse. | 你把女儿扔给了我一个人 杰西 |
[55:37] | It’s a little late to make an honest woman out of me. | 现在想让我死心塌跟你过一辈子 是不是有点晚了 |
[55:39] | Look, I’ll square with your parents. Just say yes. | 听着 你父母那边我来处理 你答应我就是了 |
[55:45] | Say you’ll marry me. | 说你愿意嫁给我 |
[55:47] | Where are we gonna get married, Jesse? | 那我们在哪里举行婚礼 杰西? |
[55:49] | You think there’s a decent | 你以为这个小镇上 |
[55:50] | Christian minister in this town who’ll do it? | 有愿意帮我们证婚的 体面的基督教牧师? |
[55:52] | I haven’t thought about that yet, | 这我倒还没想过 |
[55:53] | but I’ll find a place, I swear. | 但婚礼地点我会解决的 我发誓 |
[55:58] | It’s just us, Ruth. | 我们还是以前的我们 露丝 |
[56:00] | It’s always been just us. | 我们之间的感情从没变过 |
[56:08] | All right. I’ll marry you. | 那好吧 我愿意嫁给你 |
[56:14] | Where you going? | 你去哪儿? |
[56:17] | I gotta go find a guy to do it. | 我去找人给我们证婚 |
[56:19] | I’ll see you later! | 等会儿来找你! |
[56:32] | Gentlemen, today we make a profound decision. | 先生们 今天我们将要做出的决定 具有深远的意义 |
[56:37] | It is a complicated decision. | 对于你们所有人而言 |
[56:40] | For all of you, I know. | 这也将是一个艰难的决定 |
[56:42] | A vote today | 反对美国运动员 |
[56:44] | against our American athletes | 参加本届奥运会 |
[56:47] | participating in these Olympics | 也就意味着 |
[56:51] | is a vote against tyranny. | 反对暴政 |
[56:54] | Anybody who competes, | 所有参赛的人员 |
[56:57] | in any event, any level, | 不论何种赛事 何种级别 |
[57:01] | knows that | 都知道 |
[57:05] | on any given day, you’re going to win or you’re going to lose. | 你随时可能会赢 也随时可能会输 |
[57:09] | What matters | 但是 |
[57:11] | is you were there. | 重在参与 |
[57:13] | When it’s all over, everybody goes home. | 比赛结束后 大家都各回各家 |
[57:15] | History remembers the winners. | 历史只会记住胜者的名字 |
[57:18] | Every man or woman on that field | 运动场上的每个人 |
[57:21] | is grateful for the chance to be there, | 都将为获得参加奥运会的机会 而心存感激 |
[57:24] | to meet in the spirit of friendly competition, | 他们可以因此 感受并参与良性的竞争 |
[57:28] | man against man, | 个人对抗个人 |
[57:29] | nation against nation, | 国家对抗国家 |
[57:31] | to test themselves | 不仅可以检验自己 |
[57:33] | without fear or rancor | 还可以不带畏惧及敌意地 |
[57:36] | against the best the other side has to offer. | 与世界各地顶尖的选手进行比拼 |
[57:39] | Surely we all agree the Olympic code | 显然我们都同意奥林匹克原则 |
[57:42] | is a direct antithesis | 与纳粹意识形态 |
[57:45] | to Nazi ideology. | 是完全对立的 |
[57:47] | They’re who we ought to be thinking about. | 我们真正需要关心的是 |
[57:50] | Our athletes, | 我们的运动员 |
[57:51] | those putting their sweat, their blood, | 他们在赛场上挥洒热血和汗水 |
[57:54] | their heart into getting that chance. | 就为得到这个千载难逢的机会 |
[57:57] | I don’t feel I have the right to take it away from them. | 我不认为我有权利 将这个机会从他们手里夺走 |
[57:59] | I know when I was competing, | 换做是我 |
[58:01] | I wouldn’t have wanted it taken from me. | 我可不想这种事发生在我身上 |
[58:02] | And whether they bring home medals or not, | 不管他们最后有没有获得奖牌 |
[58:06] | they’ll all have won that chance. | 他们都亲身参与了一次 |
[58:09] | I urge you to vote today | 我建议今天的投票 |
[58:11] | not with your hearts as sporting men. | 大家不要以运动员的身份来考虑问题 |
[58:15] | …to tell their children… | …告诉他们的孩子… |
[58:16] | …but with your conscience… | …而要问问自己的良知… |
[58:17] | …and their children’s children… | …还有他们孩子的孩子… |
[58:20] | …as members of the human race. | …要以作为一个人的身份来看待问题 |
[58:22] | “I was there.” | “我参加过奥运会” |
[58:45] | What happened to you? | 你怎么了? |
[58:47] | Is that the, uh, Citizen? Come here. Let me see it. | 你拿的是《公民报》吗? 给我看看 |
[58:56] | Fifty-eight to fifty-six. | 58票对56票 |
[59:00] | Congratulations. | 祝贺你 |
[59:06] | I respect their decision… | 我尊重投票的结果… |
[59:09] | …but in all conscience, I can’t be the one to carry it out. | …但凭良心讲 我不想做发布消息的人 |
[59:18] | Go get us that gold medal, you hear? | 去赢块金牌回来 听见了吗? |
[59:24] | Yes. | 太好了 |
[59:27] | Hey! | 嘿! |
[59:29] | Hey! How about that, huh? | 嘿! 这个消息如何? |
[59:33] | Hope you win, Jesse! | 祝你赢得比赛 杰西! |
[59:35] | Go, Jesse! | 加油 杰西! |
[59:42] | Good evening, y’all. | 各位 晚上好 |
[59:44] | Evening. | 晚上好 |
[59:46] | Jesse, this is Representative | 杰西 这位是俄亥俄州议院 |
[59:48] | Davis of the Ohio State legislature. | 的议员代表 戴维斯 |
[59:50] | He’s here on behalf of the NAACP. | 他是代表NAACP来这里的 |
[59:54] | The what? | 代表什么? |
[59:56] | The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. | 全国有色人种协进会 |
[59:59] | Oh, well, hello. This is my wife, Ruth. | 你好 这是我妻子 露丝 |
[1:00:02] | Hello. Have a seat. | 你好 请坐 |
[1:00:03] | Our secretary, Mr. Walter White, | 我们的部长 沃尔特·怀特先生 |
[1:00:06] | has asked me to deliver this to you personally | 派我将这个亲手转送给你 |
[1:00:11] | with his best wishes. | 并献上他最诚挚的祝福 |
[1:00:13] | All right. | 好吧 |
[1:00:15] | What’s this about? | 为什么? |
[1:00:17] | I want to congratulate you on your many recent successes. | 首先对于你近期不少的成就 我先表示祝贺 |
[1:00:21] | I’ve been following them | 我一直在关注这些比赛 |
[1:00:23] | with great and particular interest. | 对你非常非常感兴趣 |
[1:00:30] | As all of us in our community have. | 我们组织的其他人也一样 |
[1:00:34] | Well, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:00:36] | And, uh, the Olympic trials, well, they’re coming up soon. | 额 奥运会预选赛 马上就要开始了吧 |
[1:00:39] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[1:00:40] | A little under five weeks. | 还有不到5周时间 |
[1:00:42] | Well, no doubt you hope to qualify and take part? | 你一定很想取得资格 然后去参赛吧? |
[1:00:50] | Well, yeah. | 当然 |
[1:00:52] | I mean, yes, sir. | 我是说 是的 先生 |
[1:00:53] | Even under the Hitler regime? | 即使是在希特勒政权下举办的? |
[1:00:57] | On behalf of Mr. White and his organization | 我代表怀特先生 和他的组织 |
[1:01:02] | and the Negro community across America, | 以及贯穿全美的黑人社区 |
[1:01:06] | I hope you don’t go. | 奉劝你 不要参加 |
[1:01:13] | But this is the Olympic games. | 这可是奥运会啊 |
[1:01:14] | I mean, Jesse’s been training for this his whole life. | 杰西一辈子都在为这个比赛做准备 |
[1:01:17] | Look, Jesse, you’re the best. | 听我说 杰西 你非常出色 |
[1:01:20] | You have a chance to strike a powerful blow. | 你有很大的机会能够一战成名 |
[1:01:25] | I know that it must sound hypocritical | 我知道如果有美国人 |
[1:01:29] | for any American | 在其他国家 |
[1:01:31] | to talk about racial bigotry | 谈论反种族偏见 |
[1:01:34] | in other countries, | 你一定会觉得他很虚伪 |
[1:01:36] | but that is the whole reason | 但这恰好就是为什么 |
[1:01:38] | we must not go to these games. | 你不能去参加奥运会的原因 |
[1:01:41] | We’ve got a chance here | 待在这里 我们才有机会 |
[1:01:43] | to show our solidarity | 和德国受压迫的同胞 |
[1:01:45] | with the oppressed people of Germany. | 向世人展示我们的团结 |
[1:01:48] | It’s all a part of the same great hatred. | 我们心中所流淌的憎恨是一致的 |
[1:01:52] | We can make those in power | 我们可以唤醒 |
[1:01:54] | aware of their moral obligation | 那些掌权者的道德责任感 |
[1:01:57] | to fight against the wrongs | 和发生在家园的 |
[1:01:59] | that we Negroes suffer right here at home. | 黑人受歧视事件作斗争 |
[1:02:04] | You think it’s gonna make a damn bit of difference? | 你觉得这能改变什么吗? |
[1:02:09] | He stays, they ain’t gonna notice. | 他留在这里 没人会重视这些问题 |
[1:02:14] | He goes, | 他去参加 |
[1:02:17] | he can come back with a drawer full of medals, | 可以赢回来满满一抽屉的奖牌 |
[1:02:19] | and they will hate him even worse than before. | 其他人会比以前更恨他 |
[1:02:24] | J.C | J.C. |
[1:02:28] | Do what you want, now. You understand me? | 心里怎么想就怎么做 明白吗? |
[1:02:33] | It ain’t gonna make no difference no how. | 反正也不会有任何影响 |
[1:02:45] | Do you run, Mr. Davis? | 你跑步吗 戴维斯先生? |
[1:02:47] | Do I? | 我吗? |
[1:02:49] | Well, um, | 额 |
[1:02:51] | not competitively, no. | 不怎么跑 |
[1:02:54] | Figures. | 我就知道 |
[1:02:57] | ‘Cause you know, out there on that track, | 不然你就能感同身受 在跑道上 |
[1:02:59] | you’re free of all this. | 这些问题根本困扰不了你 |
[1:03:01] | The moment that gun go off, can’t nothing stop me. | 当发令枪响起 我就会变得势不可挡 |
[1:03:04] | Not color, | 肤色 |
[1:03:06] | not money, | 金钱 |
[1:03:08] | not fear, not even hate. | 恐惧 或是仇恨 在那一刻都不重要了 |
[1:03:11] | There ain’t no black and white. There’s only fast and slow. | 在赛场上没有白人黑人之分 只有跑得快和跑得慢的区别 |
[1:03:17] | For those 10 seconds, you are completely free. | 就在那10秒钟之内 你是完全自由的 |
[1:03:23] | Now, here you come telling me I can’t do it, | 现在可好 你来我家告诉我 我不能跑了 |
[1:03:26] | that I’m letting down my race if I go. | 如果我参加比赛 就会让我的族人失望 |
[1:03:28] | What’s that supposed to do for me? | 你让我如何抉择? |
[1:03:31] | God gave you a great gift, Mr. Owens. | 上帝赐予你惊人的天赋 欧文斯先生 |
[1:03:35] | Maybe he can tell you what to do with it. | 或许他能告诉你 应该怎么利用好它 |
[1:03:44] | You don’t have to tell them what’s on your mind. | 你不必把内心所有想法都告诉别人 |
[1:03:47] | He’s my coach. I gotta say something. | 他是我教练 我得找他谈谈 |
[1:03:50] | Joe is ahead as we go into round four | 现在进入第4回合 乔处于领先 |
[1:03:53] | of this 15-round bout between Joe Louis, the Brown Bomber, | 这场15轮回合制拳击赛的对战双方 分别是”棕色轰炸机” 乔·路易斯 |
[1:03:56] | and ex-heavyweight champion Max Schmeling… | 以及前重量级拳击冠军 麦克斯·施梅林… |
[1:03:58] | Hey. Hey! Guys, come on. You’re missing the fight. Get over here. | 嘿! 各位 快来 比赛快结束了 快过来 |
[1:04:01] | Come on, let’s go. | 快过来 |
[1:04:02] | …just a warm-up for Louis. | …对路易斯而言 只是热热身 |
[1:04:04] | Louis hardly seems to know what he’s doing. | 看样子路易斯完全乱了阵脚 |
[1:04:07] | He’s dazed, hurt, | 他头部受创 头晕眼花 |
[1:04:11] | fighting mechanically. | 机械地出着拳 |
[1:04:12] | Come on, come on. | 加油 加油 |
[1:04:17] | Louis is down. | 路易斯倒下了 |
[1:04:19] | Get up. | 站起来 |
[1:04:20] | The official timekeeper is counting the seconds across the ring. | 官方计时器正在计时 |
[1:04:24] | That’s it. It’s a knockout. | 结束了 裁判宣布击倒获胜 |
[1:04:27] | What happened? The Nazi beat him. | 发生了什么? 德国人击败了他 |
[1:04:29] | He beat Joe Louis. I don’t believe it. | 竟然有人能赢乔·路易斯 真难以置信 |
[1:04:31] | Well, | 所以 |
[1:04:33] | there’s only one thing to do now, right? | 我们只有一个办法 对吗? |
[1:04:36] | We go over there in three weeks to Berlin, | 3周后 我们就去柏林 |
[1:04:38] | we get some payback in their house. Am I right? | 在他们的地盘上 让他们付出代价 对不对? |
[1:04:41] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[1:04:42] | Alvin Kraenzlein. Alvin Kraenzlein. | 阿尔文·克伦茨莱因 阿尔文·克伦茨莱因 |
[1:04:45] | The greatest athlete that this country’s ever produced. | 美国最杰出的运动员 |
[1:04:47] | Kraenzlein’s the only track and field athlete | 克伦茨莱因是唯一一个 |
[1:04:50] | to ever bring home four medals from a single games. | 一次奥运会 赢得4枚奖牌的田径运动员 |
[1:04:52] | Now, me personally, I may not get to beat Alvin Kraenzlein, | 在我看来 我要想和阿尔文·克伦茨莱因对抗 多半没戏 |
[1:04:55] | so I guess I’ll just settle for coaching the guy who does. | 所以我只好勉强当当 有能力做到这一点的年轻人的教练 |
[1:04:59] | Shorty won’t get four. You seen the way he go over them hurdles? | 小矮人才拿不到4枚 你们见过他跨栏的样子吗? |
[1:05:02] | I’m not going. | 我不去了 |
[1:05:04] | Like a bullfrog with his ass on fire. | 就像屁股着火的牛蛙一样 |
[1:05:05] | What did you say, kid? Huh? | 你说什么 小子? |
[1:05:10] | I said I don’t know if I can go. | 我不知道自己是否应该去 |
[1:05:14] | To Berlin? | 去柏林? |
[1:05:16] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你到底在说什么? |
[1:05:19] | I mean, well, think about it. | 你们想想 |
[1:05:20] | I go down to Berlin, it’s like telling them Nazis it’s okay, | 我去柏林 就好像在向那些纳粹示威 |
[1:05:24] | like I don’t care nothing about what’s going on over there. | 好像我一点也不在乎 那里正经历着什么 |
[1:05:28] | Hey, I get it. You’re nervous, kid. | 嘿 我明白了 你是紧张了 小子 |
[1:05:30] | No, Coach. Look, I’ve thought this through. | 不 教练 听着 我已经决定了 |
[1:05:31] | Now, come on. You’re going, okay? | 别闹了 你必须去 明白吗? |
[1:05:32] | Trust me. Believe me. You’re going. That’s it. | 相信我 你必须去 就这么决定了 |
[1:05:35] | All right? You’ve worked too hard. | 好吗? 你训练得这么辛苦 |
[1:05:36] | And if you don’t go over there, you’re gonna feel awful. | 如果你不去参加 你会感觉非常遗憾的 |
[1:05:39] | All right? If you were to pull out now, you… | 知道吗? 如果你现在退出… |
[1:05:40] | Yeah, I know. I’ll regret it for the rest of my life, right? | 我知道 我会后悔一辈子的 是吗? |
[1:05:43] | Exactly. Yes, sir. | 是的 完全正确 |
[1:05:46] | And my wife, she’ll walk out on me, | 我的妻子 也会弃我而去 |
[1:05:48] | ’cause she realizes what a loser I really am. | 因为她将意识到 我有多么的失败 |
[1:05:50] | And I’ll probably end up drinking myself stupid | 然后我可能最后会一蹶不振 天天借酒消愁 |
[1:05:52] | until my coach, he gets so sick of the sight of me | 直到我的教练 再也看不下去了 为了摆脱我 |
[1:05:55] | that he gives me a goddamn job! | 给我介绍了一份该死的工作! |
[1:06:04] | Larry! | 劳瑞! |
[1:06:05] | You get a chance to be a part of history, | 你有能力创造历史 |
[1:06:07] | and you’re gonna walk away from it, huh? | 而你却想放弃这个机会 嗯? |
[1:06:08] | Throw it away? | 就这么与之擦肩? |
[1:06:10] | Look, I got people looking at me for an example. | 听着 有很多人都视我为榜样 |
[1:06:12] | What do you mean, people? What people? Black people? | 你说什么 很多人? 什么人? 黑人吗? |
[1:06:16] | Come on. I don’t give a shit about any of that! | 我对这种事情 根本一点都不在乎! |
[1:06:19] | Yeah, well, you’re white! | 因为你是白人! |
[1:06:21] | You don’t have to! | 你不用在乎这些问题! |
[1:06:28] | Come on. | 我们走 |
[1:06:50] | It’s okay. | 没事了 |
[1:07:19] | Mmm. | 嗯 |
[1:07:40] | Ah! | 啊! |
[1:08:36] | What happened to you? | 你怎么了? |
[1:08:37] | Look, you’re right to be angry. | 听我说 你完全有理由生气 |
[1:08:39] | I’ve, uh, never been good at listening. | 我从来都不是一个称职的听众 |
[1:08:43] | They’re asking too much of you. | 他们对你的期望和要求太高了 |
[1:08:45] | A man competes to prove something to himself. | 不用管他们 你去参赛只是为了证明自身的价值 |
[1:08:49] | That he’s the best he knows how to be. | 你是最优秀的 而你也清楚这一点 |
[1:08:52] | Nothing else matters. | 其他的都不重要 |
[1:08:54] | It just… | 只是… |
[1:08:58] | Jesse, I don’t know anything about the kind | 杰西 我虽然从没感受过 |
[1:09:00] | of pressure that’s being put on you right now. | 此时此刻环绕在你周围的这种压力 |
[1:09:02] | But I do know what it’s like to be an athlete. | 但我却明白 作为一名运动员是何种感受 |
[1:09:06] | And I know that if you don’t go, | 我也知道 如果你决定退出 |
[1:09:08] | it’s gonna feel like the | 那将会成为你一辈子 |
[1:09:09] | biggest mistake you ever made in your life. | 做出的最错误的决定 |
[1:09:11] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[1:09:13] | But you gotta let me make it on my own. | 但你得让我自己做决定 |
[1:09:19] | All right. | 好吧 |
[1:09:24] | You don’t have to decide anything just yet, | 你现在还不用做任何决定 |
[1:09:27] | but at least do the trials. | 但至少把预选赛参加了 |
[1:09:28] | Qualify. | 取得资格再说 |
[1:09:30] | Give yourself the option. | 给自己多留条后路 |
[1:09:44] | It has been quite a day | 今天对你来说 |
[1:09:46] | for you here in New York, Mr. Owens. | 可真是个好日子 欧文斯先生 |
[1:09:47] | You have qualified in three events, | 你取得了3个项目的参赛资格 |
[1:09:49] | the 100 and 200 meter sprints and the broad jump. | 分别是100米 200米短跑 以及跳远 |
[1:09:52] | I’d like to ask the coaches, who are the guys you’ve gotta beat? | 我想问问教练们 你们的主要竞争对手有哪些? |
[1:09:55] | Well, Carl Long, the broad jumper. | 跳远运动员 卡尔·朗 |
[1:09:57] | We’re keeping a real close eye on him. | 我们一直都在密切关注他 |
[1:09:59] | And, you know, I mean, the guy’s got every damn record in Europe. | 你也知道 他在欧洲是各项记录的保持者 |
[1:10:02] | Mr. Glickman, Mr. Stoller, as Jewish Americans, | 格利克曼先生 斯托勒先生 作为在美国出生的犹太人 |
[1:10:06] | did you ever feel pressure | 你们有没有压力 |
[1:10:07] | not to take part in these games in Germany? | 想过不去德国参加奥运会? |
[1:10:09] | For the record, the only pressure | 说明一下 他们现在唯一的压力 |
[1:10:11] | they’re under is winning their races. | 就是如何赢得比赛 |
[1:10:12] | We don’t discriminate on the US Olympic team. | 美国奥运代表队里 对任何人都没有歧视 |
[1:10:14] | I think we’ve heard enough about politics today. | 今天聊的政治问题已经够多了 |
[1:10:16] | We’re here to talk about medals. | 我们来是聊比赛的 |
[1:10:18] | They need to answer the question. | 希望他们能正面回答 |
[1:10:19] | Mr. Owens, so, does this mean you’re going? | 欧文斯先生 那么你会去吗? |
[1:10:24] | How can you justify taking part in Germany | 在美国歧视问题都如此严重 |
[1:10:26] | when there’s so much discrimination here at home? | 你怎么能够安心地去参加德国奥运会? |
[1:10:29] | You know, that’s a very good point. | 说得很有道理 |
[1:10:32] | When we get our own house in order… | 等我们把事情处理妥当… |
[1:10:42] | Whatever you need from me, wherever you need me to be, | 不管你们需要我提供什么 去哪儿 |
[1:10:44] | whatever you need me to do. I just wanna help. | 或是有什么需要我做的 我都可以 |
[1:10:46] | Well, that’s, uh, | 额 劳瑞 |
[1:10:48] | very nice of you to offer there, Larry, | 你愿意帮忙 非常感激 |
[1:10:50] | but, uh, you’re not an official American coach. | 但是 你不是正式的美国教练 |
[1:10:53] | Yeah, but you don’t know Jesse like I do. | 是 但你们都没我了解杰西 |
[1:10:56] | Now, Mr. Owens is not the only runner coming with us, | 和我们一起去参赛的选手 不止欧文斯先生一个 |
[1:10:59] | and this isn’t our first games. | 而且这也不是我们第一次带队参赛 |
[1:11:01] | Jesse Owens can beat any sprinter over any distance, | 杰西·欧文斯能够击败 任何距离跑的任何对手 |
[1:11:05] | and you know it. | 这你是知道的 |
[1:11:06] | You can’t afford to have him off his form. | 打破黄金组合 这不是个好主意 |
[1:11:08] | Oh, so you’re saying he needs the best coach. | 所以你想说 他需要最好的教练带队 |
[1:11:10] | Is that what you’re saying, Larry? | 你是想表达这个意思吗 劳瑞? |
[1:11:18] | Thanks all the same. | 不管怎样 还是谢谢你 |
[1:11:26] | You should know he may not get on that boat tomorrow, | 告诉你们 明天他也许不会登船 |
[1:11:28] | and there’s nothing anybody can do about it. | 一旦他做出决定 便再无转机 |
[1:11:46] | I couldn’t believe when I heard you got injured, Eulace. | 真不敢相信 你居然受伤了 尤拉斯 |
[1:11:52] | How’s the leg holding up? | 你的腿怎么样了? |
[1:11:54] | It’s good! | 没事! |
[1:11:56] | It’s loose. | 我很好 |
[1:11:57] | Yup, tore the hamstring right up. | 腿筋直接撕裂而已 |
[1:12:00] | But I’m training again, so a couple months… | 但我恢复后会继续训练的 只需要再等几个月… |
[1:12:09] | It’s shot. | 完了 |
[1:12:13] | It’s over. | 一切都结束了 |
[1:12:14] | For me. | 对我而言 |
[1:12:21] | I read the papers. | 我看了报纸 |
[1:12:23] | All them people yelling and screaming at you. | 那些为你呐喊 为你加油的人 |
[1:12:26] | It can really get in the way of a man’s concentration, | 会分散你的注意力 这是绝对的 |
[1:12:28] | but all that means is there’s a lot of people counting on you. | 但这一切都意味着 有很多人都对你心存期望 |
[1:12:31] | To do what? | 指望我什么? |
[1:12:32] | To get on over there to Berlin and stick it up Hitler’s ass! | 参加柏林奥运会 痛扁那帮纳粹分子一顿! |
[1:12:36] | Courtesy | 尤拉斯·皮科克 |
[1:12:39] | of Eulace Peacock. | 向你表示敬意 |
[1:13:35] | Ruth. | 露丝 |
[1:13:37] | Ruth. | 露丝 |
[1:13:53] | What’ll she think of me if I don’t go? | 如果我不去 她会怎么看我? |
[1:13:58] | You’re her daddy. She gonna love you no matter what. | 你是她爸爸 不管发生什么 她都会永远爱你 |
[1:14:03] | And what’ll you think? | 那你呢? |
[1:14:05] | Don’t put this on me, Jesse. | 别问我这种问题 杰西 |
[1:14:08] | I promised you a better life than what we have now. | 我向你承诺过 为你提供更好的生活 |
[1:14:10] | I mean, how else am I supposed to get it? | 如果我不参赛 还能有什么办法? |
[1:14:13] | I like our life just fine. | 现在的生活 我就很满足了 |
[1:14:19] | You’re the only damn person | 你的意见是世界上 |
[1:14:20] | in the world whose opinion matters to me, | 对我而言 唯一重要的 |
[1:14:22] | and you ain’t got one. | 但你却没有 |
[1:14:23] | I ain’t gonna tell you what to do, Jesse. | 我不会对你的生活指手画脚 杰西 |
[1:14:26] | That’s why you love me. | 所以你才会这么爱我 |
[1:14:32] | Jesse? | 杰西? |
[1:14:36] | Say I go. | 如果我去了 |
[1:14:39] | What if I lose? | 但是输了怎么办? |
[1:14:41] | You’re the fastest man on the Earth. | 你是世界上跑得最快的人 |
[1:14:43] | But you won’t be there. | 但是你又不能去 |
[1:14:45] | My family won’t be there. My coach won’t even be there. | 我的家人也不能去 甚至我的教练都不在场 |
[1:14:48] | Larry’s not going? No. | 劳瑞不一起去吗? 不 |
[1:14:50] | He tried, but they won’t let him. | 他很想去 但是没有得到批准 |
[1:14:53] | I’m gonna be there all by myself, | 在那里我只能孤军奋战 |
[1:14:57] | the whole world watching. | 在全世界的注视下 |
[1:15:01] | And if I lose… | 如果我输了… |
[1:15:08] | If I lose, | 如果我输了 |
[1:15:11] | it’ll mean those Nazis were right. | 就变相证明那些纳粹分子是对的 |
[1:15:19] | Quit thinking so much, Jesse. It’s not what you’re good at. | 别胡思乱想了 杰西 那只会让自己越来越慌乱 |
[1:15:23] | You was put here to run. | 你就是为跑步而生的 |
[1:15:26] | Don’t listen to any of them. | 别在意外界的眼光 |
[1:15:28] | Listen to you. | 聆听自己内心的声音 |
[1:15:32] | You listen to your heart, all right? | 跟随自己内心的想法就行 明白吗? |
[1:15:37] | Okay? | 可以吗? |
[1:15:49] | Ruth, I have everything, all right? | 露丝 行李都收齐了 |
[1:15:52] | I’m sure. | 我确定 |
[1:16:00] | Now, I’m always saying goodbye to you. | 真不想和你说再见 |
[1:16:02] | Yeah, well, that just makes it that much sweeter saying hello. | 短暂的离别 只会让重聚显得更甜蜜 |
[1:16:08] | Now, here you go, sweet talker. | 甜言蜜语 这个给你 |
[1:16:11] | So you remember where to keep looking. | 想我的时候 可以看一下 |
[1:16:22] | Give Daddy a hug! | 给爸爸抱抱! |
[1:16:32] | I love you both. | 我爱你们 |
[1:16:34] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[1:16:59] | You get your sea legs yet? | 开始晕船了吗? |
[1:17:05] | Coach? What the hell are you doing here? | 教练? 你怎么来了? |
[1:17:08] | I mean, someone’s gotta keep an eye on you. | 总得有人看着你 |
[1:17:10] | Can’t have you laying around all week getting fat. | 不然你一整个星期无所事事 身材走样怎么办 |
[1:17:17] | No turning back now. | 现在可不能反悔了 |
[1:17:20] | I’m gonna go find my room. | 我去找找我的房间 |
[1:17:24] | Coach. You’re headed the wrong way. | 教练 你走错方向了 |
[1:17:26] | Everybody’s in first class. | 教练们都在头等舱 |
[1:17:29] | Yeah, not on my own dime. No, I, uh, | 我自己可付不起这个钱 |
[1:17:34] | be staying down in steerage | 我和你 还有戴夫 |
[1:17:37] | with you and Dave. | 都住统舱 |
[1:17:40] | See you in the morning. | 明早见 |
[1:20:07] | You’re kidding me! | 不是在开玩笑吧! |
[1:20:09] | How do you do? | 大家好 |
[1:20:14] | Let’s go, Jesse! | 我们走 杰西! |
[1:20:18] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们 先生们 |
[1:20:20] | on behalf of Reich chancellor Adolf Hitler | 我谨代表德国总理 阿道夫·希特勒 |
[1:20:23] | and the German Olympic Committee, welcome to Berlin. | 以及德国奥委会 欢迎大家来到柏林 |
[1:20:42] | Here, take a flower! | 送你一束花! |
[1:20:43] | Thank you! | 谢谢! |
[1:21:03] | Come on, Marty. Shalom! | 快来 马蒂 沙洛姆! |
[1:21:19] | Uh, sir, where are the colored dorms? | 额 先生 黑人宿舍在哪儿? |
[1:21:21] | There are no colored dorms. | 这里没有黑人宿舍 |
[1:21:29] | We’re with y’all? | 我们住一起? |
[1:21:30] | Now, don’t worry. We’ll keep the noise down! | 别担心 我们不会太吵的! |
[1:21:45] | Well, well, well. | 还不错 |
[1:21:59] | Food’s good too. | 饭菜味道也还不错 |
[1:22:01] | Maybe these Nazis just got a bad reputation. | 可能这些纳粹 只是名声不太好而已 |
[1:22:06] | We’ll see. | 等着瞧吧 |
[1:23:09] | That’s Luz Long? | 那是卢斯·朗? |
[1:23:10] | Uh-huh. | 是的 |
[1:23:15] | The man can jump. | 可真能跳 |
[1:23:17] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[1:23:19] | He’s got a hell of a home-field advantage, too. | 而且他还有主场优势 |
[1:23:36] | What do you think this is? Mardi Gras? | 你们这是在干什么? 狂欢节? |
[1:23:38] | Get back to work! | 给我好好训练! |
[1:23:43] | You got something you wanna say to me, boy? | 你有什么意见吗 小子? |
[1:23:47] | Hmm? | 嗯? |
[1:23:50] | Now, hold on a second. | 等一下 |
[1:23:52] | “You’re not fit to train fleas on a dog.” | “训练我们 你还不够格” |
[1:23:54] | You actually said that to Dean Cromwell? | 你真的是这样对迪恩·克伦威尔说的? |
[1:24:01] | Hey, you hear the mouth on this boy? | 嘿 知道这小子嘴有多臭吗? |
[1:24:02] | Now, Dean, hold on a second. | 迪恩 不要激动 |
[1:24:03] | Don’t know what you’re teachin’ him, | 真不知道你是怎么教的 |
[1:24:05] | but it sure as hell isn’t respect. | 但可以肯定的是 你绝对没教他怎么尊重别人 |
[1:24:06] | All right, all right. Now, what’s this about? | 好了 好了 怎么回事? |
[1:24:07] | What is it you want? | 那你想怎么办? |
[1:24:08] | I want a goddamn apology. That’s what I want. | 我要他给我道歉 就这么简单 |
[1:24:11] | Jesse. | 杰西 |
[1:24:12] | Jesse, what do you want? | 杰西 你有什么要求? |
[1:24:16] | I wanna be able to train the way I’m used to. | 我想以自己的方式训练 |
[1:24:18] | Oh, for God’s sake. | 我的天啊 |
[1:24:20] | And I want my coach back. | 让我的教练带我 |
[1:24:21] | You’re out of your mind. No way. That’s out of the question. | 简直是痴心妄想 没门 这没办法 |
[1:24:23] | Mr. Snyder is not a registered Olympic trainer. | 斯奈德先生不是正式的奥运会教练 |
[1:24:27] | All right. | 那好 |
[1:24:28] | Well, I hope you know all | 那我希望你们 |
[1:24:29] | the words to the German national anthem, | 知道德国国歌是怎么唱的 |
[1:24:31] | because you’ll be hearing it every time one | 因为每次德国佬赢得一枚 本该属于我的金牌 |
[1:24:33] | of those Nazis win a medal I would’ve won. | 你们都能跟着唱一遍 |
[1:24:34] | You wanna quit? | 你想退赛? |
[1:24:36] | You go ahead, because no Negro is gonna talk to me that way… | 随你便 没有哪个黑鬼敢这么跟我讲话… |
[1:24:38] | Hey, hey. Now, what the hell’s that got to do with… | 嘿 这两件事有什么联系… |
[1:24:40] | That’s got everything to do with it. | 有千丝万缕的联系 |
[1:24:41] | Oh, come on. You’re making it about that. | 这完全是你自己的偏见 |
[1:24:42] | You weren’t there. You didn’t hear what he said to me. | 你当时不在场 你是没听见他是怎么出言不逊的 |
[1:24:44] | Enough. | 够了 |
[1:24:47] | Jesse, you don’t mean that. | 杰西 不要说玩笑话 |
[1:24:50] | You’re not about to walk out now? | 现在你怎么能退赛呢? |
[1:25:00] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:25:02] | Okay, fine. | 那行 |
[1:25:04] | Look, if we can get a pass for Mr. Snyder here, | 我们想想办法 看能不能给斯奈德先生办张通行证 |
[1:25:08] | we can put all of this behind us. | 如果可以 我希望这件事就让它过去 |
[1:25:11] | Hey, Jesse? | 嘿 杰西? |
[1:25:16] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[1:25:22] | You better keep your boy on a leash. | 好好管教你的队员 |
[1:25:24] | Dean. | 迪恩 |
[1:25:33] | What the hell was that all about? | 刚刚是什么情况? |
[1:25:36] | What? | 什么? |
[1:25:37] | What? | 什么? |
[1:25:39] | I figured you couldn’t afford a decent seat. | 我怕你没钱买好点的座位 看我比赛 |
[1:25:41] | I thought I’d help you out. | 所以就想帮帮你 |
[1:25:43] | And here I am thinking this is your way of thanking me. | 我不想你以这种方式回报我 |
[1:25:47] | I wouldn’t even know where to start. | 我现在感觉手足无措 |
[1:25:52] | Bring me three gold medals. That’s the only way. | 赢3块金牌回来 就算你回报我了 |
[1:25:56] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[1:26:01] | Hey, how are the new shoes I ordered you from England? | 嘿 我从英格兰给你订的新鞋 穿上感觉如何? |
[1:26:05] | They never showed up. | 我没收到啊 |
[1:26:19] | Hi. You know where this is here? | 嗨 你知道这里是什么地方吗? |
[1:26:20] | Hello, hello. | 你好 你好 |
[1:26:24] | Never mind. Sorry. | 算了 抱歉打扰 |
[1:26:52] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[1:26:53] | I… Whoa. | 我… 喔 |
[1:26:57] | American. | 美国人 |
[1:26:59] | No, I, I’m American. I’m American. | 不 我是美国人 我是美国人 |
[1:27:03] | American. | 美国人 |
[1:27:05] | I’m from the US Olympic team. | 我来自美国奥运代表队 |
[1:27:08] | Hey! Hey, hey, hey! | 嘿! 嘿 嘿! |
[1:27:12] | I got it, okay? I’ve got papers. | 我明白了 我有证件 |
[1:27:14] | Yes. Here. Here, here, here. | 给 给 给你 |
[1:27:17] | American. US Olympic team. | 我是美国人 美国奥运代表队 |
[1:27:22] | I’m, I’m looking for, uh, Dassler. | 我在找 达斯勒 |
[1:27:25] | Dassler. Adi Dassler. | 达斯勒 阿迪·达斯勒 |
[1:27:27] | Dassler? Dassler, yeah. | 达斯勒? 是的 达斯勒 |
[1:27:30] | Yes. Yes. Shoe. Yeah. | 对 对 卖鞋的地方 |
[1:27:43] | Don’t push. | 别推我 |
[1:27:46] | Please. | 请 |
[1:27:47] | Good. | 谢谢 |
[1:27:53] | Okay. Okay. Here we go. | 好了 准备好了 |
[1:27:56] | It’s gonna be damp out there. | 外面非常潮湿 |
[1:27:58] | The track’s gonna be heavy. | 跑道可能也会比较湿润 |
[1:28:00] | Yeah? | 知道吗? |
[1:28:03] | How are the shoes? | 鞋子如何? |
[1:28:04] | They’re great. Good. | 很合脚 那就好 |
[1:28:06] | Good, good, good. | 那就好 |
[1:28:08] | Oh, gosh, I wish you | 天啊 真希望 |
[1:28:09] | would’ve had more time to break them in though. | 时间再多点 你可以适应一下新鞋 |
[1:28:11] | I don’t know what happened there. | 我当时不知道选哪双 |
[1:28:13] | I’m gonna get to the bottom of that. That’s another… | 真该再认真选选 不然… |
[1:28:15] | Coach, I said they’re all right. | 教练 鞋很合适 |
[1:28:19] | You gonna keep fussing like an old hen, | 你是要继续像女人一样瞎操心 |
[1:28:21] | or are you gonna let me get out there and run? | 还是要放我出去 大干一场? |
[1:28:27] | Mr. Owens, I’m expecting great things. | 欧文斯先生 静待你的好消息 |
[1:28:31] | Anything less than a gold, we will consider a disappointment. | 要得就得块金牌 不然大家还是会非常失望 |
[1:28:37] | I’m sure he was joking. | 他说着玩儿的 |
[1:28:38] | Thanks, Coach. You’re a lot of help. | 谢谢你 教练 有你在我安心多了 |
[1:30:25] | …Reichskanzler Adolf Hitler. | …阿道夫·希特勒总理 |
[1:30:35] | Sieg heil! Sieg heil! | 胜利万岁! 胜利万岁! |
[1:30:38] | Sieg heil! Sieg heil! Sieg heil! | 胜利万岁! 胜利万岁! 胜利万岁! |
[1:33:21] | The winner of the men’s 100-meter finals | 100米决赛的冠军得主 |
[1:33:24] | is Jesse Owens in first place | 是杰西·欧文斯 |
[1:33:27] | with a time of 10.3 seconds. | 成绩是10.3秒 |
[1:33:29] | Whoo! | 喔! |
[1:33:55] | Whoo-hoo! | 喔呼! |
[1:34:01] | Coach! | 教练! |
[1:34:03] | Outstanding! Outstanding! | 太精彩了! 太精彩了! |
[1:34:04] | Come on, let me see it. | 给我看一眼 |
[1:34:07] | Congratulations. | 祝贺你 |
[1:34:11] | Mr. Owens. | 欧文斯先生 |
[1:34:12] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢你 先生 |
[1:34:14] | Now, there’s somebody I want you to meet. | 有个人我想介绍给你认识 |
[1:34:19] | All right. | 好的 |
[1:34:20] | Here. | 给 |
[1:34:23] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[1:34:24] | Oh! Thanks. | 噢! 谢谢 |
[1:35:06] | Herr Brundage. | 布伦戴奇先生 |
[1:35:08] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[1:35:10] | Chancellor Hitler has been forced to leave early today, | 希特勒总理今天不得不提前离席 |
[1:35:13] | and won’t be able to congratulate the winners. | 所以不能亲自祝贺优胜者了 |
[1:35:16] | The traffic, you understand. | 交通问题 请你理解 |
[1:35:39] | You let the chancellor know | 转告总理 |
[1:35:42] | he congratulates all of the gold medalists or none of them. | 他要么对所有金牌获得者一视同仁 要么一个也别祝贺 |
[1:35:48] | Herr Brundage… | 布伦戴奇先生 |
[1:36:06] | Regrettably, it is impossible. | 很遗憾 这不可能 |
[1:36:15] | Then he’s… | 那他… |
[1:36:22] | Come on. | 我们走 |
[1:36:54] | Time to go over the rules here for tomorrow. | 再给你讲一遍明天的规则 |
[1:36:56] | You should know they’re | 你要知道 |
[1:36:57] | very particular about their attempts here. | 即使是试跳 他们也是一点水都不会放 |
[1:37:06] | So none of that showboating you tried to pull in Ann Arbor. | 所以不要再像安阿伯市那次 走那么多不必要的过场 |
[1:37:08] | Yeah. You listening to me? | 你有听我说话吗? |
[1:37:12] | We’re here at the 11th Olympiad, | 现在举行的是第11届奥运会 |
[1:37:15] | bringing you the qualifying round | 下面进行的项目是 |
[1:37:17] | of the men’s broad jump event. | 男子跳远预选赛 |
[1:37:21] | Up first, the German, | 第一个上场的是 |
[1:37:23] | Luz Long, reigning European champion. | 欧洲霸主 德国选手 卢斯·朗 |
[1:37:36] | And he’s making it look easy! | 这一跳非常轻松! |
[1:37:41] | Now it’s time for Jesse Owens of the USA. | 下面是美国队的杰西·欧文斯 |
[1:37:46] | We’ve seen this before from Owens. | 我们之前见过这样的场景 |
[1:37:50] | He wants to examine the track… | 他想先熟悉场地… |
[1:37:51] | Easy. | 别乱来 |
[1:37:52] | …before his first attempt. | …在第一次试跳之前 |
[1:37:54] | Owens, kneeling on the run-up. | 欧文斯跪在了起跳线上 |
[1:38:01] | Jesse, no! | 杰西 不! |
[1:38:03] | It’s a foul! | 犯规! |
[1:38:06] | I don’t believe it! They’ve recorded it as a foul! | 真不敢相信! 第一跳居然被判定为犯规! |
[1:38:11] | Owens questioning the officials. | 欧文斯在与裁判对质 |
[1:38:14] | He’s not going to be happy about this! | 看样子 他对结果非常不满意! |
[1:38:18] | Still, he has two more attempts. | 但他仍然还有两次机会 |
[1:38:21] | Owens makes his second attempt to qualify. | 欧文斯开始进行第二次试跳 |
[1:38:27] | Come on, Jesse! | 加油 杰西! |
[1:38:31] | Another foul! | 又犯规了! |
[1:38:34] | He stepped over the line! | 他踩线了! |
[1:38:37] | This event looks like it | 看样子在这个项目 |
[1:38:39] | might be over for Owens before it begins. | 欧文斯进军决赛的希望不大了 |
[1:38:54] | Wait. | 等等 |
[1:38:56] | Here’s something you don’t see every day. | 场上出现了令人惊讶的一幕 |
[1:38:59] | Long seems to be offering Owens advice | 看上去朗在帮助欧文斯 |
[1:39:03] | on where to jump from. | 提供给他起跳的建议 |
[1:39:05] | Owens, making his third and final attempt. | 欧文斯 开始进行第三跳 也是最后一跳 |
[1:39:13] | Owens, Owens… | 欧文斯 欧文斯… |
[1:39:20] | He’s done it! | 他成功了! |
[1:39:21] | And Owens is through to the final! | 欧文斯直接进入决赛! |
[1:39:49] | Sieg heil! Sieg heil! | 胜利万岁! 胜利万岁! |
[1:39:58] | The men’s broad jump final. | 下面进行男子跳远决赛 |
[1:40:01] | German chancellor Adolf Hitler takes his seat for the event. | 德国总理阿道夫·希特勒莅临比赛现场 |
[1:40:06] | And after a close-run qualifying round, | 在预选赛上险胜的 |
[1:40:09] | the great athlete Jesse Owens of the USA | 美国运动员杰西·欧文斯 |
[1:40:12] | faces up against Luz Long. | 将与卢斯·朗进行对抗 |
[1:40:15] | Each competitor will have three attempts, | 每位选手都有3次机会 |
[1:40:18] | with his best score determining the winner. | 以最好成绩 评定出最后的冠军 |
[1:40:23] | Long’s first jump. | 朗的第一跳 |
[1:40:25] | The reigning European champion. | 横扫欧洲各项大赛的种子选手 |
[1:40:31] | It’s a white flag. | 成绩有效 |
[1:40:34] | 7.54 meters! | 7.54米! |
[1:40:40] | Owens… | 欧文斯… |
[1:40:47] | His, too, a white flag! | 成绩有效! |
[1:40:53] | 7.74 meters! | 7.74米! |
[1:40:58] | Long again. | 朗的第二跳 |
[1:41:06] | The white flag is up. | 成绩有效 |
[1:41:10] | 7.87 meters. | 7.87米 |
[1:41:12] | It’s a new European record! | 新的欧洲记录! |
[1:41:16] | Yeah! Whoo! | 耶! 喔! |
[1:41:27] | Owens… | 欧文斯… |
[1:41:35] | The white flag is up! | 成绩有效! |
[1:41:38] | 7.94! | 7.94! |
[1:41:41] | Incredible. | 真不可思议 |
[1:41:42] | Owens has beaten the European record set only moments ago! | 欧文斯刷新了几分钟前 刚刚创下的欧洲记录! |
[1:41:49] | Let’s see what Long can produce to match it. | 下面让我们看看朗 又会有怎样的表现 |
[1:41:56] | Oh, it’s a foul! | 噢 犯规了! |
[1:42:00] | A foul from Long on his final attempt. | 朗的最后一跳竟然犯规了 |
[1:42:07] | But it means Owens has done it! | 但这也意味着欧文斯获得冠军! |
[1:42:10] | He’s secured a second gold medal of the games! | 这是他本次大赛获得的第二块金牌! |
[1:42:21] | That was a great match. | 你表现得很好 |
[1:42:26] | Please, take your last jump. | 把最后一跳也跳了吧 |
[1:42:32] | What’s this? The competition is over, | 怎么回事? 比赛结束了 |
[1:42:35] | but the German Long seems to share | 但是德国的朗不愿离场 |
[1:42:37] | the interest of the crowd here in Berlin, | 似乎和柏林的观众们一样 |
[1:42:40] | in seeing the best the amazing Owens has to offer. | 期待见证欧文斯为我们再创奇迹! |
[1:42:44] | Usa! Usa! | 美国队! 美国队! |
[1:42:45] | This is the true spirit of sportsmanship | 今天我们在这两位运动员身上 |
[1:42:47] | we’re seeing here between these two athletes today. | 所见证的 是真正的体育精神 |
[1:43:07] | The white flag is up! | 成绩有效! |
[1:43:13] | 8.06 meters! | 8.06米! |
[1:43:15] | It’s a new Olympic record! | 刷新了奥运会纪录! |
[1:43:42] | Congratulations. | 祝贺你 |
[1:43:43] | Let’s make the lap of honor. Okay, sure. | 我们一起绕场一周吧 当然 |
[1:43:58] | Have you seen this before? | 见过这么大场面吗? |
[1:44:00] | Never. | 从没见过 |
[1:44:24] | Thanks. | 谢谢你 |
[1:44:27] | You beat me, square and fair. | 你击败了我 并且赢得正大光明 |
[1:44:30] | It’s “Fair and square,” | 是”光明正大” |
[1:44:33] | and you gave me the chance. | 但是是你帮了我 |
[1:44:35] | I wanted your best. | 我希望你以最好的状态和我竞技 |
[1:44:37] | Otherwise, what is the point? | 不然 比赛还有什么意义? |
[1:44:41] | Is that your girlfriend? | 这是你女朋友? |
[1:44:43] | Yes. | 对 |
[1:44:45] | Wow. | 哇 |
[1:44:46] | She’s very pretty. Thank you. | 她真漂亮 谢谢 |
[1:44:51] | Do they have any ugly girls in Germany? | 德国有长得不好看的妹子吗? |
[1:44:54] | They prefer to keep them out of sight. | 应该都被藏起来了吧 |
[1:44:55] | There are a lot of things they want to keep hidden. | 他们隐瞒了很多事情 |
[1:45:00] | You think I’m joking. | 别以为我在开玩笑 |
[1:45:08] | I love my country, | 我爱我的国家 |
[1:45:10] | but it’s no secret my government’s going insane. | 但政府的人个个都是疯子 这也不是什么秘密 |
[1:45:13] | They don’t bother to hide it. | 可他们喜欢隐瞒这个事实 |
[1:45:16] | I don’t even think they are ashamed. | 或许他们毫无愧疚之感 |
[1:45:19] | A few nights ago, they sent a girl to my room to wish me luck. | 几天前的一个晚上 他们送了一个女孩到我房间 |
[1:45:24] | She wanted to sleep with me. | 她想和我上床 |
[1:45:27] | Governor Davey sent me a telegram and a case of Coca-Cola. | 戴维州长只送了我一份电报 和一罐可乐 |
[1:45:31] | I should emigrate. | 真应该移民来德国 |
[1:45:33] | No. | 不 |
[1:45:35] | No. | 不是这样的 |
[1:45:37] | This girl, | 这个女孩 |
[1:45:39] | she wanted to get pregnant. | 和我上床 是为了怀孕 |
[1:45:43] | I think she was ordered to get pregnant. | 我觉得这些都是他们的命令 |
[1:45:51] | I suppose I should be flattered. | 或许我应该感到受宠若惊 |
[1:45:56] | I think all things considered, | 把这些都考虑进来 |
[1:45:58] | you’re actually better off in America. | 呆在美国 或许是个更好的选择 |
[1:46:02] | I don’t… | 我不… |
[1:46:06] | I don’t know if there’s much difference deep down. | 如果真要看问题的实质 美国也没什么不同的 |
[1:46:19] | Are you gonna get in any trouble? | 他们会找你麻烦吗? |
[1:46:22] | You made quite a scene today. | 今天你那样帮我 |
[1:46:25] | They want to use us to prove something to the world. | 他们想利用我们 向世界证明他们的权威 |
[1:46:28] | I’m happy to show them they’re wrong. | 我很乐意向他们揭示 他们的错误 |
[1:46:30] | Believe me, I would have preferred to beat you, | 相信我 虽然我很想击败你 |
[1:46:31] | but it wouldn’t have been for them. | 但绝不是为了他们 |
[1:46:34] | If they want to make these games a weapon, | 如果他们把奥运会 当作一把武器 |
[1:46:35] | they can’t complain when it’s used against them. | 那当这把武器反过来 矛头指向他们时 他们也无计可施 |
[1:46:38] | Maybe now they see how stupid it was to even try. | 或许现在他们已经发现 自己的做法是多么的愚蠢 |
[1:46:43] | You are entered for one more event, right? | 你还有一项比赛要参加 对吗? |
[1:46:45] | Uh, yeah. Uh, 200 meters. | 对 200米 |
[1:46:48] | I very much hope you win. | 我非常希望你能赢 |
[1:46:52] | Not to prove anything to any government. | 不是为了向政府证明任何事情 |
[1:47:07] | Just to make me feel a little better about losing to you. | 只是为了证明你是一个天才 我输给你 也就没那么丢面子了 |
[1:47:19] | Conditions have been damp | 今天早上柏林的天气 |
[1:47:21] | and overcast all morning here in Berlin, | 非常的潮湿 阴云密布 |
[1:47:23] | as the competitors take to the field | 参加男子200米短跑 |
[1:47:26] | for the men’s final of the 200-meter dash. | 决赛的运动员 已经陆续入场 |
[1:47:30] | This is it. | 终于等到了这一刻 |
[1:47:32] | It’s been 36 years | 距离上一次 |
[1:47:34] | since a track and field athlete brought home | 田径运动员在单届奥运会 |
[1:47:36] | three individual gold medals from a single games. | 赢得3枚金牌 已经整整36年了 |
[1:47:50] | Hans… | 汉斯… |
[1:48:22] | Taking their lanes are Wil van Beveren, | 跑道上的依次是 来自荷兰的 |
[1:48:25] | and Tinus Osendarp of the Netherlands, | 威尔·凡·贝弗伦 和迪纳斯·奥森达普 |
[1:48:27] | America’s Jesse Owens and Mack Robinson, | 来自美国的 杰西·欧文斯 和麦克·罗宾逊 |
[1:48:31] | Paul Hanni of Switzerland, | 瑞士的保罗·汉尼 |
[1:48:33] | and the Canadian, Lee Orr. | 以及加拿大的奥尔·李 |
[1:48:42] | And they’re off to a clean start. | 顺利起跑 |
[1:48:44] | Owens has gone off. | 欧文斯加速了 |
[1:48:46] | And so has Robinson. | 罗宾逊也加速了 |
[1:48:48] | Owens is flying around the top bend into the straight. | 欧文斯滑翔过弯道 转入直跑道 |
[1:48:51] | Mack Robinson in second place. | 麦克·罗宾逊排在第二 |
[1:48:54] | Owens and Robinson ahead of the field. | 欧文斯和罗宾逊处于领先位置 |
[1:48:57] | Osendarp is challenging. | 奥森达普在迎头追赶 |
[1:49:00] | And it’s Owens! | 冠军是欧文斯! |
[1:49:07] | Owens sprints it in | 欧文斯的最后成绩是 |
[1:49:09] | 20.7 seconds. | 20.7秒 |
[1:49:24] | Owens! Owens! Owens! | 欧文斯! 欧文斯! 欧文斯! |
[1:50:20] | When we first met, we spoke of hospitality. | 我们第一次见面的时候 谈论了待客礼仪 |
[1:50:26] | When you are a guest in somebody’s home, you abide… | 当你去别人家里做客时 你必须遵守… |
[1:50:29] | Yeah, yeah, yeah. I understand. | 对 对 对 我知道 |
[1:50:39] | What time they serve dinner, the brand of cognac they prefer. | 晚餐的时间 主人家喜欢喝的白兰地 不管合不合你口味 你都必须忍受 |
[1:50:42] | It’s, it’s good manners. | 这是最基本的礼节 |
[1:50:56] | The Jews, Glickman and Stoller, | 那两个犹太人 克里克曼 和斯托勒 |
[1:50:58] | are competing in the 400-meter relay. | 报名参加了400米接力赛 |
[1:51:08] | It would show a great deal of sympathy and understanding | 如果你能阻止他们比赛 那将是对我们 |
[1:51:11] | on your part if they did not. | 最大的支持和理解 |
[1:51:21] | Thanks for the drink. | 感谢你的款待 |
[1:51:28] | He says you have a business arrangement. | 他说你们还有一个商务会谈 |
[1:51:33] | That was business. | 那是谈生意 |
[1:51:35] | That has nothing to do with this. | 和这种事没有一点关系 |
[1:51:49] | How would it look for your American Olympic Association | 如果我们同意和你的美国奥林匹克协会 |
[1:51:52] | to have collaborated with us before these games? | 建立合作关系 你意向如何? |
[1:52:07] | Okay. | 好了 |
[1:52:08] | There are reports the krauts | 据消息称 之前的比赛 |
[1:52:10] | have been holding back their best runners | 德国人隐藏了实力 |
[1:52:12] | to spring a nice little surprise on us in the 400-meter relay. | 为了在400米接力上 给我们一份小小的”惊喜” |
[1:52:15] | With that in mind, we’ve got some changes to the lineup. | 考虑到这个可能性 我们需要调整一下阵容 |
[1:52:19] | All right. So, Foy, guess you’ll take third leg. | 福伊 你来跑第三棒 |
[1:52:22] | Frank, you’re now going to run anchor. | 弗朗克 你接最后一棒 |
[1:52:23] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:52:26] | Marty, Sam, | 马蒂 山姆 |
[1:52:30] | I’m sorry, but we gotta cut you. | 我很抱歉 但你们被换下了 |
[1:52:36] | Who’s gonna run first and second? | 那第一二棒谁跑? |
[1:52:39] | You mean we came all the way here, we’re not gonna get to race? | 你是说我们大老远跑来 结果却上不了场? |
[1:52:41] | No, no, no. That’s a load of crap. | 不行 简直一派胡言 |
[1:52:43] | Marty and me, we both licked Foy | 马蒂和我 在昨天的速度测试 |
[1:52:44] | in the speed test yesterday. I’m sorry, believe me. | 都打败了福伊 抱歉 但请你相信我 |
[1:52:46] | It’s not been an easy decision… Hey, hey. | 做出这决定 我们也很纠结… 嘿 嘿 |
[1:52:47] | You’re gonna cut somebody, you cut him. | 如果要换人 也是把他换下啊 |
[1:52:48] | Foy’s got more experience. | 福伊的参赛经验更丰富 |
[1:52:50] | Any team the krauts got out there, we can win this by 15 yards. | 不管德国派谁出战 我们都能赢下这轮比赛 |
[1:52:53] | Oh, come on! You know what this is all about. | 行了! 大家都知道这是怎么回事 |
[1:53:00] | We’re the only Jews. | 队伍里就我们两个犹太人 |
[1:53:08] | This has nothing to do with the Jewish question. | 这和犹太人问题 完全没有关系 |
[1:53:10] | If you do this… | 如果你这么做… |
[1:53:12] | If you do this, | 如果你这么做 |
[1:53:14] | you’ll catch hell for it back home. | 回国之后 你会受所有人谴责的 |
[1:53:18] | That’s not your problem. | 不是你们自身的问题 |
[1:53:19] | We want to field our strongest runners. | 我们只是想派出最有竞争力的选手 |
[1:53:23] | And that’s gonna be Ralph and Jesse. | 也就是拉尔夫和杰西 |
[1:53:27] | Come on, that’s perfect. | 这不是很好吗 |
[1:53:29] | No, look. Coach, you gotta run Sam and Marty. | 教练 让山姆和马蒂跑吧 |
[1:53:32] | I mean, I can’t speak for Ralph over here, | 虽然我不能代表拉尔夫的意愿 |
[1:53:34] | but you gotta give ’em a shot. | 但请你给他们一个机会 |
[1:53:35] | I’ve never even ran the relay. | 我从没跑过接力 |
[1:53:36] | I don’t even think I know how to pass a baton. | 怎么接棒 我都不知道 |
[1:53:38] | You do as you’re told, Owens. | 听从安排 欧文斯 |
[1:53:40] | Press have copies of the lineup. | 新闻里有接力跑的名单 |
[1:53:42] | You change it now and we lose, they’ll wanna know why. | 如果随意变动 结果导致比赛失利 到时候解释起来可就麻烦了 |
[1:53:45] | That’s a lot of pressure to put on one race, don’t you think? | 为了一个比赛 将事情复杂化 不是太不划算了吗? |
[1:53:46] | Would you remind me who you are again? | 你有什么资格发表意见? |
[1:53:54] | Ralph, you do what you want. I’m not running. | 拉尔夫 你想跑就跑 反正我不同意 |
[1:53:57] | Not unless Sam and Marty say it’s all right. | 除非山姆和马蒂让我去 |
[1:54:37] | You ever fly in an airplane? | 你坐过飞机吗? |
[1:54:40] | No. | 没有 |
[1:54:44] | Nothing in the world like flying your own plane. | 坐着自己的飞机回家 心里挂念的那个 |
[1:54:49] | A girl down in New Jersey, waiting for you. | 新泽西姑娘 也在家等着你 这种感受无与伦比 |
[1:54:55] | See, an airplane gets people excited the same | 坐飞机给人带来的刺激感 和出门看比赛 |
[1:54:57] | way they come out and watch a man race. | 是一样的 |
[1:55:01] | But what they really want, | 但人们真正想看的 |
[1:55:02] | what really gets them worked up, | 真正能够让他们尽兴的 |
[1:55:05] | is to see you crash. | 是看到你坠毁 |
[1:55:08] | To see you fold up that Stearman biplane like a piece of paper. | 看到那架斯蒂尔曼双翼飞机 变成一堆破铜烂铁 |
[1:55:14] | Watch the ground crew drag you out | 看到地勤人员 赶在飞机爆炸前 |
[1:55:15] | like a rag doll before it blows up, | 把你像破碎的娃娃一样 |
[1:55:17] | explodes into flames. | 从飞机底下拽出来 |
[1:55:21] | Now, that’s exciting. | 那才让人兴奋 |
[1:55:26] | Well, is… | 所以… |
[1:55:27] | Is that why you didn’t go to Paris? | 这就是你没去巴黎的原因? |
[1:55:30] | Because you crashed your plane? | 因为飞机坠毁? |
[1:55:34] | April, 1924. | 1924年4月出的事 |
[1:55:37] | Three weeks before the opening ceremony. | 就在奥运开幕式3周前 |
[1:55:41] | I heard Paddock win on the radio. | 我只能在广播上 见证帕多克得冠 |
[1:55:43] | Man! Yeah. | 天啊! 确实 |
[1:55:49] | You were some kind of idiot. | 你可真是个笨蛋 |
[1:55:58] | That’s exactly what my father said. | 我爸爸也说过同样的话 |
[1:56:02] | I woke up in the hospital, and he gave me this. | 我在医院苏醒后 他给了我这个 |
[1:56:07] | Yeah. Yeah, I had my shot, but I didn’t know it. | 当然 我本来是有机会 但是我却浪费了 |
[1:56:12] | Just threw it away. | 白白错过 |
[1:56:16] | A Stearman’s a beautiful little plane, | 斯蒂尔曼是架很漂亮的小飞机 |
[1:56:21] | but I don’t imagine it compares much to running at the Olympics. | 但和参加奥运会相比 真的是不值一提 |
[1:56:29] | You’re right, you know. | 你是对的 |
[1:56:34] | It’s not your race. | 你不是一个人在战斗 |
[1:56:54] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[1:57:00] | If you lose, | 如果你输了 |
[1:57:03] | it’s for nothing. | 一切就完了 |
[1:57:05] | Understand? | 明白吗? |
[1:57:07] | Sam and me would’ve been shafted for nothing. | 山姆和我就白白”牺牲”了 |
[1:57:12] | All the world will see is another Nazi waving another medal. | 世人只会看到 又一个纳粹获得金牌 |
[1:57:20] | What are you trying to say? | 你到底是什么意思? |
[1:57:25] | He means don’t lose. | 你绝对不能输 |
[1:57:29] | Yeah. | 耶 |
[1:57:47] | Come on, Jesse! | 加油 杰西! |
[1:57:51] | Owens, the world’s fastest sprinter | 欧文斯 短跑世界纪录保持者 |
[1:57:53] | sets a terrific pace from the start. | 起跑节奏非常理想 |
[1:57:58] | Owens passes Mariani, hands off to Metcalfe. | 欧文斯超过了马里亚尼 与梅特卡夫几乎持平 |
[1:58:07] | Faster, passing the Canadian. The second change! | 他加速了 超越了加拿大选手 第二棒开始! |
[1:58:17] | Go, Frank! | 加油 弗朗克! |
[1:58:31] | America in first place with a new world record | 美国队以39.8秒的成绩 刷新世界纪录 |
[1:58:35] | of 39.8 seconds! | 并获得冠军! |
[1:58:38] | All right! | 太棒了! |
[1:58:54] | Usa! Usa! | 美国队! 美国队! |
[1:59:01] | Usa! Usa! | 美国队! 美国队! |
[1:59:08] | Thanks, Larry. | 谢谢你 劳瑞 |
[1:59:12] | All right. | 没事 |
[1:59:18] | Go! Go! | 去吧! 去吧! |
[1:59:46] | Go ahead. Take a look. | 拿去吧 看一眼 |
[1:59:49] | No, it’s okay. | 不 不用了 |
[1:59:52] | You sure? Yeah. | 确定吗? 确定 |
[1:59:55] | Last chance. | 给你最后一次机会 |
[2:00:00] | Bring it to me. | 拿给我 |
[2:00:05] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[2:00:22] | What… | 什么… |
[2:00:23] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[2:00:24] | Mr. Owens, my name is Leni Riefenstahl. Um… | 欧文斯先生 我是莱妮·里芬斯塔尔 额… |
[2:00:28] | I have a favor to ask you. | 想找你帮个忙 |
[2:00:38] | Would you mind one more? | 能再跳一次吗? |
[2:00:40] | Last time, I promise. | 最后一次 我保证 |
[2:00:43] | Well, sure, but isn’t that cheating? | 没问题 但这不是作弊吗? |
[2:00:46] | Cheating? | 作弊? |
[2:00:47] | Yeah. | 对啊 |
[2:00:49] | I’m just saying that’s not the actual jump I made. | 你现在拍的 不是我比赛时候的那一跳 |
[2:00:52] | You did make that jump. | 你确实完成了那一跳 |
[2:00:55] | We all saw it. | 所有人都见证了 |
[2:00:57] | You made history out here. | 你创造了历史 |
[2:00:59] | All I’m doing is making sure | 而我现在所做的一切 |
[2:01:02] | years from now, those people who weren’t there can see it too. | 就是想确保 这样的画面能得以保存 供后人欣赏 |
[2:01:06] | So they never forget what you did. | 这样他们才不会忘记你 还有你的成就 |
[2:01:13] | One more? | 再来一次? |
[2:01:16] | Please. | 求你了 |
[2:01:17] | All right. One more. | 好吧 我再跳一次 |
[2:01:19] | Danke. Danke. | 谢谢 谢谢 |
[2:02:25] | Wonderful. Here we go. | 太棒了 我们到了 |
[2:02:26] | Good evening. Hello, sir. | 晚上好 你好 先生 |
[2:02:41] | Not bad, huh? | 还不错吧 嗯? |
[2:02:43] | Not bad at all! | 相当气派! |
[2:02:49] | I’m sorry, sir, but your friends | 抱歉 先生 但您的朋友 |
[2:02:52] | will have to use the service entrance. | 只能走服务员通道 |
[2:02:57] | Are you kidding me? | 你在开玩笑吗? |
[2:03:00] | You know who this is? | 你知道这是谁吗? |
[2:03:02] | Yes, sir. | 知道 先生 |
[2:03:03] | I mean, they’re holding the dinner for him. | 这个晚宴就是为他设置的 |
[2:03:05] | Yes, sir. | 我知道 先生 |
[2:03:08] | I’m sorry, Mr. Owens, sir, but those are the rules. | 我很抱歉 欧文斯先生 但这是规定 |
[2:03:13] | Yeah? Yeah, well, your rules are bullshit! | 是吗? 这规定简直有病! |
[2:03:15] | You know that, yeah? How about you go inside and get your boss | 你自己也清楚 是吧? 你去里面把你们经理叫出来 |
[2:03:18] | or someone that can actually help us out… Coach, Coach. | 或者任何说话有分量的人… 教练 教练 |
[2:03:20] | It’s all right. Go ahead. | 没关系 你们先进去 |
[2:03:22] | I’ll meet you in there. | 我等会去找你们 |
[2:03:47] | Unbelievable. | 不可理喻 |
[2:03:57] | Jesse Owens! | 杰西·欧文斯! |
[2:03:58] | Jesse Owens. | 杰西·欧文斯 |
[2:04:07] | I think that’s Jesse Owens! | 我看到杰西·欧文斯了! |
[2:04:15] | Mr. Owens? | 欧文斯先生? |
[2:04:17] | Yes? | 什么事? |
[2:04:23] | Um, would you mind? | 能给我签个名吗? |
[2:04:27] | Sure. | 当然 |
[2:04:34] | Thank you! | 谢谢你! |