时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:20] | Stop! That isn’t the way to cross the road. | 站住 这样过马路可不对 |
[00:23] | If you step out here, you could get badly hurt. | 你们在这里上马路 可能会受伤 |
[00:27] | Or worse. | 甚至更糟 |
[00:29] | This is a pedestrian light controlled crossing. | 这是行人灯控过路器 |
[00:33] | Or PELICON crossing for short. | 简称鹈鹕过路器 |
[00:37] | To cross the road, press the button… | 过马路前 先按钮 |
[00:40] | and wait. | 然后等待 |
[00:43] | Wait until the red man changes to the green man. | 等到红人变成绿人 |
[00:57] | So always find a safe place to cross | 时刻记得 在安全的地方过马路 |
[01:00] | at a designated pedestrian crossing. | 去指定行人过路处 |
[01:02] | And remember, if the pelican can, then so can you. | 记住 如果鹈鹕能做到 你也能 |
[01:58] | Next one, please, thank you. | 下一位 谢谢 |
[02:01] | That’s lovely. | 真不错 |
[02:09] | That’s beautiful. | 真好看 |
[02:12] | Big smile | 笑得开心点 |
[03:08] | I, Charles, Prince of Wales, | 我 查尔斯 威尔士亲王 |
[03:11] | do become your liege man of life and limb | 宣誓做您的忠心臣子 |
[03:15] | and of earthly worship… | 拥护您的尊严 |
[03:41] | Hello, Pat, it’s Karen. | 喂 帕特 是凯伦 |
[03:43] | Is Ann with you? | 安在你那里吗 |
[03:47] | No, I just wondered if she’d | 不 我就是想她放学后 |
[03:49] | come back with Jeanette after school. | 是不是跟珍妮特一起回去了 |
[04:25] | 失踪人口 安·科比 10岁 最后于1969年7月1日在班伯里被看到 | |
[04:27] | 失踪人口 艾米莉·贝亚德 | |
[04:27] | 在安全的地方过马路 如果鹈鹕能做到 你也能 | |
[04:36] | Shop! | 人呢 |
[04:44] | This is where you’ve been keeping yourself, is it? | 你就躲在这里呢 |
[04:49] | I was passing. | 我刚巧路过 |
[04:52] | People tend to. | 这里是常有人路过 |
[04:54] | Look, I, uh… | 我… |
[04:57] | come bearing gifts. | 带礼物来了 |
[05:00] | C.I.D. closed month after I arrived in Woodstock. | 我来到伍斯托克一个月后 刑事调查部就关闭了 |
[05:04] | Budget. | 预算问题 |
[05:05] | It was uniform or nothing. | 不做巡警就得滚蛋了 |
[05:08] | What about you? | 你呢 |
[05:09] | You know me, I’m doing all right. | 你了解我 我混得挺好 |
[05:11] | There was a piece in the Gazette, | 《公报》有篇文章 |
[05:14] | “Inter-Departmental” something or other. | “跨部门”什么 |
[05:17] | The “Inter-Departmental forward-Planning Steering Committee.” | 是”跨部门未来规划指导委员会” |
[05:20] | Steering what, exactly? | 指导什么 |
[05:22] | Resources, manpower. | 资源 人力 |
[05:25] | It’s a sort of quasi-managerial anticipatory role. | 算是个预备性准管理职位 |
[05:28] | Is it. | 是吗 |
[05:29] | Just shuffling paperwork, mostly. | 主要就是整理文件 |
[05:36] | Seen the old man? | 见过老爷子了吗 |
[05:40] | I’ve called the house a few times. | 我给家里打过几次电话 |
[05:43] | Left messages. | 留了言 |
[05:46] | I’d have told ’em where to stick it. | 换我就会叫他们滚蛋了 |
[05:48] | Would you? | 是吗 |
[05:51] | Division don’t like to lose police officers. | 警部不想失去警察 |
[05:55] | Full disciplinary, though? | 但全面纪律处罚 |
[05:57] | Busted down a rank? | 还降一级 |
[06:00] | It wasn’t right. | 这不对 |
[06:03] | And we’re still no nearer to finding who did for George. | 而且乔治的凶手我们也毫无头绪 |
[06:07] | We? | 我们 |
[06:09] | I’m here, | 我在这里 |
[06:10] | you’re there, | 你在那里 |
[06:12] | Thursday’s at Castle Gate, | 瑟斯戴在城堡门 |
[06:14] | Bright’s at Traffic. | 布莱特去了交警部 |
[06:16] | I mean… there is no “we,” | 没有”我们”了 |
[06:20] | nor is there likely to be. | 也不太可能有了 |
[06:22] | – We said… – No, you said. | -我们说好… -不 是你说的 |
[06:25] | Heat of the moment. | 一时激愤 |
[06:26] | – I meant it. – Yes, I’m sure. | -我是真心的 -当然了 |
[06:29] | But it’s not how it’s turned out, is it? | 但现实并非如此 是吧 |
[06:33] | It’s never how these things turn out. | 这种事从不会如人所愿 |
[06:39] | 失踪人口 安·科比 10岁 最后于1969年7月1日在班伯里被看到 | |
[06:40] | We are launching a fresh appeal to the public | 我们要再次向公众呼吁 |
[06:42] | to be on the lookout for Ann Kirby, | 注意寻找安·科比 |
[06:44] | who went missing on the first of July | 她于7月1日 |
[06:46] | on her way home from school, | 在放学回家路上失踪 |
[06:48] | and who hasn’t been seen since. | 此后再未被看到过 |
[06:51] | Now, obviously, as the days pass by, | 当然了 随着日子一天天过去 |
[06:52] | we’re becoming more and more concerned | 我们越来越担忧 |
[06:55] | for her safety and well-being. | 她的安康 |
[06:57] | To that end, | 因此 |
[06:58] | I would urge anyone | 我敦促任何 |
[06:59] | who as any information about her disappearance | 对她的失踪知情的人 |
[07:02] | to come forward and to contact the police. | 联系警方 提供信息 |
[07:05] | Your call will be treated with the strictest confidence | 您的来电将被严格保密 |
[07:08] | and may be made anonymously. | 您也可以匿名来电 |
[07:10] | If you have any information, any at all, | 只要你知道任何信息 |
[07:12] | no matter how slight or trivial it may appear. | 不管看上去多么微不足道 |
[07:16] | And please do contact us as soon as possible. | 请务必尽快联系我们 |
[07:20] | Now I, uh, | 我 |
[07:21] | I will take just one or two questions from the press… | 我会回答媒体的一两个问题 |
[07:24] | Chief Inspector… | 高级督察 |
[07:26] | Yes, miss Frazil? | 是 弗雷泽小姐 |
[07:27] | Is there any suggestion she might have been kidnapped? | 是否有任何迹象表明她是遭到了绑架 |
[07:31] | No, no, there’s no indication that such is the case. | 不 并无迹象表明是这样 |
[07:34] | How are the family? | 她家人怎么样了 |
[07:35] | Well, as you can imagine, | 你可以想象 |
[07:37] | they’re worried about their little girl. | 他们很担心女儿的安危 |
[07:39] | Chief Inspector… | 高级督察 |
[07:40] | One at a time, please. | 一个个来 |
[07:41] | All right, settle down, settle down. | 好了 别吵 |
[07:48] | Well, then, matey. | 那好吧 伙计 |
[07:51] | Look, let me know next time, and I’ll bake a cake. | 下次提前说一声 我烤个蛋糕 |
[07:55] | Oh, I saw Joanie. | 我看到琼了 |
[07:56] | Said to say hello if I ran into you. | 让我遇到你的话带个好 |
[07:58] | Started in as a trainee with the Welfare. | 去福利部做实习生了 |
[08:01] | So I suppose it all works out in the end. | 看来最终结果也不错 |
[08:10] | We shouldn’t let it go, | 我们不该放弃 |
[08:12] | what happened to George. | 乔治的事 |
[08:15] | Well, don’t you care? | 你不在乎吗 |
[08:16] | Would it make a difference? | 能有用吗 |
[08:42] | Police have made a fresh appeal to the public | 警方向公众发起了新一轮呼吁 |
[08:44] | for information concerning the whereabouts | 寻求关于失踪学生 |
[08:46] | of missing schoolgirl Ann Kirby, aged ten. | 10岁的安·科比的信息 |
[08:49] | Obviously, as the days pass by, | 当然了 随着日子一天天过去 |
[08:51] | we’re becoming more and more concerned | 我们越来越担忧 |
[08:52] | for her safety and well-being. | 她的安康 |
[08:55] | To that end, I would urge anyone | 因此 我敦促任何 |
[08:57] | who as any information about her disappearance | 对她的失踪知情的人 |
[09:00] | to come forward… | 联系警方… |
[09:17] | There’s been a young man hanging around. | 有个年轻人总在附近转悠 |
[09:19] | I think he’s been sleeping in the porch. | 我觉得他一直睡在门廊里 |
[09:23] | This was in the nave. | 这是在中殿发现的 |
[09:40] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[09:41] | Sergeant Morse. | 摩斯警长 |
[09:42] | – Mr… Tingwell, is it? – Yes, that’s right. | -廷维尔先生吧 -对 |
[09:45] | Well, how can I help you? | 有什么事吗 |
[09:46] | Information Room said something about a missing horse? | 情报室说是关于失踪马匹 |
[09:48] | Skynner here was due to | 这是斯金纳 他今早 |
[09:49] | collect a Connemara from me this morning, | 本该来我这里带走一匹康尼马拉 |
[09:51] | – only it’s not in the field. – Right. | -但马没在地里 -好吧 |
[09:54] | Well, when was the last time that you saw it? | 你最后见到它是什么时候 |
[09:58] | Yesterday afternoon. | 昨天下午 |
[09:59] | 15 hands, grey. | 高60英寸 灰色 |
[10:02] | Well, I can pass the description on to neighboring stations, | 我会把特征转达给临近警局 |
[10:06] | and I’ll keep an eye out for it when I’m on my rounds. | 我做巡视时 也会帮你留意 |
[10:42] | I’ve got night class. | 我还得去上夜课 |
[10:45] | It’s important. | 这很重要 |
[10:48] | Got to do something for me, I can’t sit by the window | 我得为自己做点什么 不能坐在窗边 |
[10:50] | and wait for someone to tell me my life can start. | 等人告诉我 我的生活可以开始了 |
[10:53] | I can’t do it anymore. | 我不能再这么下去了 |
[10:56] | I can’t do this anymore. | 我不能再这么下去了 |
[11:12] | I suppose I should have shut the window | 我想我去睡觉时 |
[11:13] | upon retiring to bed, | 是该记得关窗 |
[11:15] | but it was really rather hot. | 但当时挺热的 |
[11:17] | And one just | 而且 |
[11:18] | doesn’t expect that sort of thing out this way. | 在这么偏僻的地方 感觉不会出这种事 |
[11:22] | So… | 那么 |
[11:23] | it’s seven snuffboxes | 七个鼻烟盒 |
[11:26] | and a couple of lighters, all silver, is that right? | 两个打火机 都是银质的 对吗 |
[11:31] | Dr. Sheridan? | 谢利登博士 |
[11:33] | Uh, yes. Yes, that’s right. | 对 是的 |
[11:35] | But it’s only the snuffboxes that have any real value. | 但只有鼻烟盒才真正有价值 |
[11:37] | – Right. – Most of them are Victorian, | -嗯 -大都是维多利亚时代的 |
[11:40] | two of them Georgian. | 两个是乔治王朝时期的 |
[11:42] | They’re something of a passion with me. | 算是我的爱好 |
[11:44] | I see. | 好 |
[11:45] | I can let you have a photograph | 我可以给你拿张照片 |
[11:47] | if you give me a moment. | 稍等我一下 |
[12:07] | Hello. | 你好 |
[12:09] | Hello. | 你好 |
[12:12] | Was it the boy that did it? | 是那个男孩干的吗 |
[12:14] | What boy would that be? | 什么男孩 |
[12:15] | There was a boy watching the house | 有个男孩 昨天晚上 |
[12:18] | from across the road yesterday evening. | 在路对面往房子这边看 |
[12:21] | Yes? | 是吗 |
[12:23] | And what did he look like? | 他什么样 |
[12:25] | Like he could do with a good wash. | 像是需要好好洗个澡 |
[12:28] | Yes, I knew I had a picture… | 我就知道我有张照片 |
[12:31] | I’ll be with you in a moment, Sophie, dear. | 我就过去 索菲 亲爱的 |
[12:33] | Oh, I just came in for my book. | 我就是来拿我的书 |
[12:35] | Yes, well, as you can see, the officer is busy. | 好 但你看到了 警官先生忙着呢 |
[12:38] | I’ll bring it to you. | 我待会儿拿给你 |
[12:44] | The terrible teens. | 十几岁 烦死狗 |
[12:46] | I’m afraid the Police Training Manual | 警察训练手册上 |
[12:48] | is silent on that subject. | 可没教这个 |
[15:21] | No sign of her satchel. | 没看到她的书包 |
[15:23] | Well, we’ll find it. | 我们能找到 |
[15:27] | What do you think to the flowers in her hair? | 你觉得头发上的花是怎么回事 |
[15:28] | Well, it’s probably best we leave it to them | 这个还是留给那些 |
[15:30] | that gets paid to ask those questions, eh? | 拿钱问这种问题的人吧 |
[15:33] | All right, mate, thanks for your help, we’ll take it from here. | 好了 伙计 多谢帮忙 接下来交给我们吧 |
[15:35] | Now, if you could do something about the nag? | 你能处理下那匹马吗 |
[15:37] | There’s a horsebox on its way. | 运马拖车就来了 |
[15:40] | Well, we’ve got a tea-urn coming out. | 我们还叫人拿了茶水桶来 |
[15:42] | If you could find a spot for that. | 能找个地方放吗 |
[15:44] | Don’t you want my report? | 你不想听我的报告吗 |
[15:47] | When the Gaffer gets here. | 等头儿来了再说 |
[15:49] | She’s not going anywhere, is she? | 她又跑不了 是吧 |
[16:06] | Well, you do get about. | 你还在啊 |
[16:08] | I thought I hadn’t seen you. | 我就说好久没见你了 |
[16:10] | What’s the, uh…? | 她怎么… |
[16:12] | Dead about 24 hours. | 死了24小时左右 |
[16:14] | Sizeable bruise on the skull, same to her hip too. | 头骨有片不小的瘀伤 髋部也有 |
[16:18] | But nothing to say how she died at first glance. | 但初看下来 无法判断死因 |
[16:22] | – And… – No. | -那个… -没有 |
[16:23] | – Okay. – No obvious sign. | -好 -至少无明显迹象 |
[16:30] | DS Jago says you found the body? | 贾格警长说是你发现了尸体 |
[16:32] | Sir. | 长官 |
[16:33] | Sergeant Morse, sir. | 这是摩斯警长 长官 |
[16:34] | Aformer colleague from Cowley. | 考利警局的前同事 |
[16:38] | I remember. | 我记得你 |
[16:40] | Didn’t recognize you. | 没认出来 |
[16:42] | So? | 说说吧 |
[16:45] | I had a report of a horse stolen from Tingwell’s Farm last night. | 我接到报警 昨晚廷维尔农场有匹马被盗 |
[16:48] | I was on my rounds, | 我巡视时 |
[16:49] | I saw an animal matching that description. | 看到了一匹符合描述的马 |
[16:52] | I came into the field, | 便跟进田地里来 |
[16:53] | I… found her, | 就发现了她 |
[16:56] | and I called it in. | 于是便上报了 |
[16:57] | Right. | 好 |
[16:59] | Fair enough, that’s you done, then. | 行 那没你事了 |
[17:04] | Well, it’s… standard practice in such cases | 这种案子按规矩 |
[17:07] | to ask if anybody unusual has been reported in the area. | 应该问问周围是否出现过陌生人 |
[17:10] | – Have they? – Yes. | -有吗 -有 |
[17:12] | There’s a young man’s been seen hanging around the church. | 有人看到个年轻人在教堂附近转悠 |
[17:15] | A rough sleeper. | 流浪汉 |
[17:17] | The offertory box was forced last night. | 募捐箱昨晚被撬 |
[17:19] | Right. | 好 |
[17:20] | Mmm, possibly drug use. | 可能是吸毒者 |
[17:21] | I’ve a syringe recovered from the church. | 教堂里发现了一支针管 |
[17:22] | – You might… – Stick it in your report. | -你该… -写进报告里吧 |
[17:24] | Make sure it’s on my desk by tea. | 晚饭前送到我桌上 |
[17:27] | And next time, try to remember we put a cordon down | 下次 别忘了我们拉警戒线 |
[17:30] | so uniform don’t go trampling all over the scene of crime | 就是为了避免巡警穿鞋在犯罪现场里乱踩 |
[17:33] | with their size nines. | 留下他们的脚印 |
[17:36] | Standard practice, | 对于这种案子 |
[17:37] | in a case like this. | 这是规矩 |
[17:45] | Right. | 好 |
[17:54] | Fred. | 弗莱德 |
[17:56] | Guv. | 头儿 |
[18:09] | Pervert? | 变态吗 |
[18:13] | Are you asking if there’s evidence of sexual assault? | 你是在问我是否存在性侵的证据吗 |
[18:17] | Is there? | 有吗 |
[18:18] | Not at first glance, no. | 初看没有 |
[18:21] | Be able to tell you more after the postmortem. | 尸检后能告诉你更多情况 |
[18:25] | Shall we say 4:00? | 那4点见吧 |
[18:27] | You can say what you like. | 随你怎么讲 |
[18:29] | I’m not one for seeing kiddies carved up. | 我才不想看被切开的小孩 |
[18:32] | Liaise with D.I. Thursday. | 跟瑟斯戴督察联系吧 |
[18:40] | I’ll brief upstairs. | 我去向上面汇报 |
[18:42] | Can you take the parents? | 你可以去通知父母吗 |
[18:44] | If that’s what you want. | 听你的 |
[18:46] | See you back at the factory. | 回警局见 |
[18:52] | He’s come from Robbery. | 他是抢劫盗窃组来的 |
[18:54] | Not the Lucie Clayton? | 不是模特学校吗 |
[18:57] | Still, | 不过 |
[18:58] | it’s nice to see you, Inspector. | 还是很高兴能见到你 督察 |
[19:00] | And Morse, of course. | 还有摩斯 |
[19:02] | One might have known if anyone was going to find her, | 早该猜到 如果说有谁能找到她 |
[19:05] | it would be him. | 也肯定是他 |
[19:47] | No. | 不 |
[19:51] | Not my Ann. | 不是我家安 |
[19:55] | Not my Annie. | 不会是我家安妮 |
[19:59] | It’s a mistake. | 肯定是搞错了 |
[20:01] | Love… | 亲爱的 |
[20:03] | They’ve made a mistake. | 他们搞错了 |
[20:06] | You, you have made a mistake. | 你搞错了 |
[20:11] | It’s got to be some other girl. | 肯定是别的女孩 |
[20:13] | Tell him, Joe. | 告诉他啊 乔 |
[20:16] | Tell him it’s got to be some other girl. | 告诉他肯定是别的女孩 |
[20:18] | Come on, love… | 好了 亲爱的 |
[20:20] | My sincere condolences. | 我表示诚挚哀悼 |
[20:33] | The body of a young girl | 一名小姑娘的尸体 |
[20:35] | has been found in the countryside west of Oxford. | 在牛津以西的乡下被发现 |
[20:38] | Police have not confirmed yet if it is that of Ann Kirby, | 警局尚未确认她是否是安·科比 |
[20:41] | who went missing on the way home from her school | 周二在班伯里放学回家的路上 |
[20:42] | in Banbury on Tuesday… | 失踪的女孩 |
[21:23] | My report. | 我的报告 |
[21:24] | Syringe is in the bag. | 注射器在包里 |
[21:28] | I’ll see the guv’nor gets it. | 我一定交给头儿 |
[21:31] | Anything? | 有发现吗 |
[21:33] | Early days. | 现在还早 |
[21:35] | You know how it is. | 你懂的 |
[21:40] | 雏菊 满天星 贝母 选这些花是否有深意 | |
[21:40] | 尸体由摩斯发现 摆在田里电缆塔下 | |
[21:40] | 尸体在田里 为何放在电缆塔旁 马有何相关性 为何摆花 书包哪去了 | |
[21:40] | 被发现时已死24小时 头部和髋部有瘀伤 无性侵痕迹 | |
[21:40] | 她在哪站下了车 询问公共汽车司机 | |
[21:40] | 头发里有花 田里有匹马 | |
[21:42] | Mind how you go. | 路上小心 |
[21:44] | You’re looking at the Emily Bayard case, presumably? | 你们还在看艾米莉·贝亚德案吧 |
[21:49] | Berkshire case. | 伯克郡的案子 |
[21:50] | Disappeared on her way home from school. July 1966. | 1966年7月 放学回家路上失踪 |
[21:53] | Very, very similar circumstances. | 情况非常相似 |
[21:56] | Only she was never found. | 但她一直没找到 |
[21:58] | The DCl’s ruled it out. | 高级督察已排除了联系 |
[22:02] | Is he up to it? Box? | 他行吗 鲍克斯 |
[22:05] | A sergeant doesn’t question | 一个警长不该质疑 |
[22:06] | a detective chief inspector’s fitness to lead an inquiry. | 一位高级督察是否有资格负责一宗调查 |
[22:10] | “Robbery? I’ve shit ’em,” | “抢劫盗窃 我拉出来的屎” |
[22:12] | wasn’t it? | 不是吗 |
[22:13] | Things change. | 情况变了 |
[22:17] | I’m sorry about your disciplinary. | 你处罚的事我很遗憾 |
[22:19] | You deserved better. | 你不该遭此对待 |
[22:21] | I don’t know about that. | 那不好说 |
[22:22] | I was in charge. | 我毕竟是负责人 |
[22:25] | Well, if you fancy getting a drink sometime? | 你想什么时候一起去喝一杯吗 |
[22:29] | Yeah. | 好 |
[22:31] | Yeah, we, uh… | 好 我们… |
[22:34] | we must do that. | 改天一定 |
[22:41] | Give my regards to Mrs. Thursday. | 代我向瑟斯戴太太问好 |
[22:45] | It won’t be any stroke of genius that finds him. | 找到他不会是靠灵机一动 |
[22:48] | Long hours and shoe leather’ll see this one right. | 这次得靠加班和跑腿 |
[22:52] | No obscure motive to be uncovered. | 没有什么需要揭示的隐秘动机 |
[22:54] | Just depravity. | 只是道德败坏 |
[22:56] | Some… nobody. | 是个…无名小卒 |
[22:59] | On file already, like as not. | 八成早有案底了 |
[23:04] | Initial reports said she was wearing an Alice band | 初步报告上说 她离开学校时 |
[23:06] | in her hair when she left school. | 戴了宽头巾 |
[23:09] | It wasn’t at the scene. | 现场并未发现 |
[23:11] | Could be in the field. | 可能在田里 |
[23:12] | Why there? | 为什么是那里 |
[23:15] | He could have left her body anywhere. | 他本可把她的尸体遗弃在任何地方 |
[23:17] | In a ditch, in the middle of the field somewhere, | 水沟里 田里深处的什么地方 |
[23:19] | she wouldn’t have been found until harvest time. | 那样直到秋收时才会有人发现她 |
[23:21] | Why leave her at the foot of a pylon? | 为何把她留在电缆塔下 |
[23:28] | Showing off, maybe? | 炫耀吗 |
[23:29] | No, it matters. | 不 这有意义 |
[23:31] | Same as the flowers, it’s important. | 就像那些花 是很重要的 |
[23:35] | Sergeant Morse delivering his report, sir. | 摩斯警长来送报告 长官 |
[23:40] | Nicked your little thief yet? | 抓到你那个小贼了吗 |
[23:42] | Not quite. | 还没 |
[23:44] | Well, don’t let us keep you. | 那我们就不耽搁你了 |
[23:49] | Sir. | 长官 |
[25:05] | Stanley Clemence, date of birth, October 4, 1951. | 斯坦利·克莱门斯 生于1951年10月4日 |
[25:08] | Of no fixed abode. | 没有固定住所 |
[25:10] | What about family? | 家人呢 |
[25:11] | He hasn’t asked for anyone to be informed. | 他并未要求通知任何人 |
[25:13] | We’ve got a string of juvenile previous on him. | 他有一系列少年犯案底 |
[25:14] | Been in trouble on and off since he was about ten. | 从10岁左右就开始惹麻烦了 |
[25:16] | Next of kin’s an aunt in Torquay. | 近亲是托基的一位姨妈 |
[25:19] | You want to brace him now, or when the dew’s still on him? | 你想现在审他 还是等一早 |
[25:22] | Let him sweat it a minute. | 让他先紧张一下 |
[25:24] | I haven’t had my tea yet. | 我还没吃晚饭呢 |
[25:26] | See your report’s here first thing. | 明天一早把你的报告送来 |
[25:28] | I can do it now if I could take a loan of a typewriter. | 如果能借我台打字机 我现在就能完成 |
[25:31] | The pool’s gone home. | 打字员都回家了 |
[25:32] | I kept my old machine. | 我的旧机器还在 |
[25:34] | It’s all right, isn’t it? | 不要紧吧 |
[25:35] | So long as he keeps his beak out of anything else. | 只要他别多管闲事 |
[25:41] | Hard to see how he could’ve kept Ann Kirby holed up all this time | 如果他一直居无定所 又怎么可能 |
[25:43] | if he’s been living in a squat. | 扣着安·科比这么久 |
[25:46] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[25:48] | He’s your collar, sergeant. | 他是你抓的人 警长 |
[25:50] | This goes the distance, could be your ticket back to Big School. | 如果定了罪 你就能借机回来了 |
[25:53] | Unless you want to stay counting cabbages out in the sticks. | 除非你喜欢在乡下无所事事 |
[25:55] | Sergeant Morse’s got a point, sir. | 摩斯警长说得不无道理 长官 |
[25:57] | Thief and drug addict’s one thing, | 盗窃和吸毒 |
[25:59] | a child murderer’s something else. | 跟杀小孩可不是一回事 |
[26:00] | If he’s not involved, how’s he come by her satchel? | 如果他跟案子无关 又哪来的书包 |
[26:03] | Oh, I was just asking. | 我就是问一句 |
[26:05] | What if he didn’t do it? | 如果不是他呢 |
[26:07] | It’s the court’s business, not ours. | 那是法庭的事了 不是我们的 |
[26:09] | We just get them up the steps. | 我们只负责抓人 |
[26:27] | You think he did it? | 你觉得是他吗 |
[26:28] | I’m uniform, I don’t get paid to think. | 我是巡警 我的工作不是想这些 |
[26:33] | I might know him. | 我可能认识他 |
[26:36] | How? | 怎么会 |
[27:19] | So who killed his mother? | 是谁杀了他母亲 |
[27:23] | His father. | 他父亲 |
[27:25] | Philip Clemence, commercial traveler. | 菲利普·克莱门斯 旅行推销员 |
[27:28] | Knocked out brushes, door to door. | 卖刷子 走街串巷 |
[27:32] | And did he go down for it? | 他定罪了吗 |
[27:41] | 13 Jubilee Row. | 朱比利巷13号 |
[27:44] | Funny how some things stick. | 有些案子就是让你难以忘怀 |
[27:47] | His maternal aunt and uncle took him on. | 他姨妈和姨夫收养了他 |
[27:50] | Decent people, as I recall. | 我记得是不错的人 |
[27:57] | Well. | 好吧 |
[28:00] | Mind how you go. | 你自己多保重 |
[28:15] | Tell me about Ann Kirby. | 跟我说说安·科比 |
[28:17] | I don’t know her. | 我不认识她 |
[28:19] | Then what’re you doing with her satchel? | 那你怎么有她的书包 |
[28:22] | I found it. | 我找到的 |
[28:24] | Look, man, can you help me out? | 伙计 你能帮帮我吗 |
[28:26] | I don’t feel good. | 我不舒服 |
[28:27] | Found it where? | 在哪找到的 |
[28:30] | I don’t remember. | 我不记得了 |
[28:34] | On the road, maybe. | 路上捡的吧 |
[28:38] | I’m serious. | 我说真的 |
[28:38] | I’m sick. | 我不舒服 |
[28:40] | I need something. | 我需要帮助 |
[28:41] | What do you mean, you need something? | 什么意思 |
[28:43] | A doctor. | 医生 |
[28:46] | I need to see a doctor. | 我需要看医生 |
[28:49] | Come on, man. | 拜托 |
[28:51] | You can see I’m not right. | 你能看出来我不对劲 |
[28:56] | We know all about you, Stanley. | 我们了解你 斯坦利 |
[29:01] | You’re bad blood. | 你是坏种 |
[29:07] | I’m not blaming you. | 我没怪你 |
[29:09] | It’s not your fault. | 不是你的错 |
[29:11] | But you help us out with Ann, | 但你在安的事上帮我们 |
[29:14] | we’ll see about a doctor. | 我们就给你找医生 |
[29:19] | Help you out how? | 怎么帮你们 |
[29:21] | Just put your hands up to it. | 承认吧 |
[29:27] | I can’t. | 我不能 |
[29:30] | I can’t say I did something I didn’t do. | 我不能承认我没做的事 |
[30:29] | What he said… | 他说的话 |
[30:33] | The other one. | 那个警察 |
[30:36] | Bad blood. | 说我是坏种 |
[30:39] | You know about that? | 你知道那事吗 |
[30:46] | I carried you out of there. | 是我把你抱了出来 |
[30:52] | Ah, I don’t remember. | 我不记得了 |
[30:55] | Some things are best forgot. | 有些事还是忘了好 |
[31:02] | What was she like? | 她什么样 |
[31:05] | Who? | 谁 |
[31:07] | My mum. | 我妈妈 |
[31:11] | Did you know her? | 你认识她吗 |
[31:14] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[31:17] | Yeah, I knew her. | 我认识她 |
[31:21] | She was a good ‘un. | 她是个好人 |
[31:32] | And him? | 他呢 |
[31:58] | Don’t give me that old bollocks. | 少扯这套 |
[32:00] | He’s still a minor, he’s got rights. | 他还未成年 他有权利 |
[32:04] | Oh, is that right? | 是吗 |
[32:06] | Well, you tell him Viv Wall is coming. | 你告诉他 薇薇·沃尔要来了 |
[32:09] | Wall, as in Berlin. As in bricks. | 沃尔 柏林墙那个词 像砖头一样 |
[32:11] | As in about to come down on your round head like a ton of. | 马上要狠狠地拍在你那笨脑壳上 |
[32:14] | Want me to spell it for you? | 要我给你拼出来吗 |
[32:17] | Prick! | 混蛋 |
[32:20] | Uh, the… | 那个… |
[32:22] | psychiatric assessment for the Pendleton hearing. | 潘德顿听证会的精神评估 |
[32:25] | Oh, don’t worry about that, now. Fetch your coat. | 别管那个了 去拿衣服 |
[32:27] | Why? Where are we going? | 怎么了 我们去哪 |
[32:29] | To war. | 开战 |
[32:35] | No, wait for it, wait for it. | 不 等着 |
[32:38] | And remember, | 记住 |
[32:39] | “If the Pelican can, then so can you.” | 如果鹈鹕能做到 你也能 |
[32:48] | There he goes. | 看他啊 |
[32:51] | Right, then. | 好了 |
[32:54] | Back to work. | 回去工作 |
[32:56] | Fred. | 弗莱德 |
[33:01] | And tell me, | 告诉我 |
[33:02] | is this the young man you found sleeping in the porch? | 这是你看到睡在门廊里的年轻人吗 |
[33:04] | That’s him. | 是他 |
[33:06] | I did feel for the poor boy. | 我挺可怜他 |
[33:09] | Nowhere to live, he said. | 他说他没地方去 |
[33:10] | No family, no money. | 没家人 没钱 |
[33:12] | I told him to try some of the farms hereabouts. | 我叫他去附近农场试试了 |
[33:15] | Skynner, the slaughter man, | 屠夫斯金纳 |
[33:16] | sometimes takes on casual labor. | 有时会雇短工 |
[33:19] | You think | 你觉得 |
[33:20] | he robbed the offertory? | 是他撬了募捐箱吗 |
[33:26] | I shall pray for him. | 我会为他祈祷 |
[33:28] | Well, I’ve kept you from your flock long enough. | 我耽搁您的职责够久了 |
[33:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[33:39] | Very pretty. | 真好看 |
[33:40] | All from the vicarage garden. | 都是牧师住所花园的 |
[33:42] | Friday, a funeral, | 周五有葬礼 |
[33:43] | Saturday, a bride, | 周六有婚礼 |
[33:44] | Sunday, a christening. | 周日有洗礼 |
[33:47] | The lot of a country parson. | 乡村牧师的生活 |
[33:50] | Shall we be seeing you at the fete? | 你会去游乐会吗 |
[33:53] | – Er, yes. Yes, I should think so. – But not in church? | -是的 我应该会去 -但你不会来教堂 |
[33:58] | Six months, and you’ve not darkened my transept, | 六个月了 你从未来过我这里 |
[34:01] | except on official business. | 除非是办公务 |
[34:03] | Or perhaps you’ve lost your faith? | 或许你已丧失了信仰 |
[34:07] | There was never much to lose. | 我本来也不怎么信 |
[34:11] | We all have our doubts. | 我们都有怀疑 |
[34:14] | There have been times in my own life… | 我这辈子也曾… |
[34:19] | but I trust in the forgiveness of a merciful Father. | 但我相信仁慈天父的原谅 |
[34:23] | I can’t imagine there’s much in a vicar’s life | 我无法想象一个牧师的人生里 |
[34:25] | warrants forgiving. | 有什么需要主原谅 |
[34:28] | No. Well… | 是啊 好吧 |
[34:31] | God be with you, Sergeant. | 愿主与你同在 警长 |
[34:37] | Stanley Clemence is 17. A minor. | 斯坦利·克莱门斯才17岁 未成年 |
[34:40] | We should’ve been notified. | 你们该通知我们 |
[34:41] | – You have been. – At once. | -通知你们了 -马上通知 |
[34:43] | Not the best part of 12 hours later. | 而不是快12小时后 |
[34:45] | Now, according to the custody record | 根据拘留记录 |
[34:47] | he’s not been examined by the police surgeon. | 他并未由警方医生检查过身体 |
[34:49] | What’s this? | 怎么回事 |
[34:51] | Welfare. | 福利部 |
[34:52] | About Clemence. | 为克莱门斯而来 |
[34:53] | DCI Box. | 鲍克斯高级督察 |
[34:54] | You’ve interviewed him. | 你们审讯过他了 |
[34:56] | Of course we have. | 当然 |
[34:57] | He’s facing a serious charge. | 他面临着严重的指控 |
[34:58] | I don’t care what he’s facing. | 不管是什么指控 |
[35:00] | There should have been a solicitor present. | 都该有律师在场 |
[35:02] | He declined. | 他拒绝了律师 |
[35:03] | He’s an addict, | 他是瘾君子 |
[35:05] | I doubt he was in a fit state to decline anything. | 他不太可能清醒地拒绝什么 |
[35:08] | I want him independently assessed, | 我要他接受独立评估 |
[35:10] | and I want the duty brief notified. | 并通知公设律师 |
[35:13] | We’ll look into it. | 我们会看看 |
[35:13] | You’ll do it. | 你要照做 |
[35:15] | Or I’ll know why. | 否则我决不罢休 |
[35:16] | In the absence of family, | 因为他没有家人 |
[35:17] | we stand in loco parentis. | 我们是监护人 |
[35:22] | Word to the wise. | 听我一句 |
[35:24] | Little girls who squeak out of turn | 不知好歹乱插嘴的小姑娘 |
[35:25] | are liable to find themselves over my knee. | 会被我放在膝盖上打屁股 |
[35:28] | It’s all right, Viv. | 没事 薇薇 |
[35:30] | Like to see you try. | 你倒试试看 |
[35:32] | Would you? | 是吗 |
[35:34] | So who’re you, then? | 你是谁 |
[35:36] | The Sorcerer’s Apprentice? | 魔法师的学徒吗 |
[35:38] | My daughter, sir. | 是我女儿 长官 |
[35:40] | Joan. | 琼 |
[35:43] | Well, there’s a thing. | 真没想到 |
[35:44] | Railroading a kid into the dock? | 欺负个孩子认罪吗 |
[35:47] | I expect better of you, Fred. | 你可不该这样 弗莱德 |
[35:50] | I want to see him. | 我要见他 |
[35:52] | We want to see Stanley Clemence now. | 我们要马上见斯坦利·克莱门斯 |
[35:59] | Dad. | 爸爸 |
[36:05] | Small world. | 世界真小 |
[36:09] | Sorry, I wish I could help you, | 抱歉 我也想帮你 |
[36:10] | I’ve not seen him. | 但我没见过他 |
[36:12] | It’s to do with this kiddie, is it? | 是这个孩子的事吧 |
[36:13] | Oh, no, I’m just trying to locate | 不 我就是想确定 |
[36:14] | his whereabouts for the past few days. | 他这几天来的行踪 |
[36:15] | Where you two off to, then? | 你俩去哪 |
[36:17] | Take her books back. | 带她去还书 |
[36:19] | Library’s in Bladon. | 图书馆到了布雷顿 |
[36:21] | What’s this, then? | 怎么回事 |
[36:22] | Well, the sergeant, he’s asking after some lad. | 这个警长在打听个青年 |
[36:24] | Sorry, um, this is my wife. | 抱歉 这是我妻子 |
[36:25] | Mags, Sergeant Morse. | 梅格 摩斯警长 |
[36:28] | Didn’t he do a couple of days last year? | 他去年不是来干过几天吗 |
[36:30] | What, that’s the same lad? | 那是他吗 |
[36:32] | Stan? | 斯坦 |
[36:32] | Yeah, that’s him all right. | 对 是他 |
[36:35] | My, uh, my wife wasn’t too keen. | 我妻子不太喜欢他 |
[36:38] | Oh, why’s that? | 为什么 |
[36:39] | He just had a weird way about him. | 他就是怪怪的 |
[36:42] | Didn’t sit right with me. | 我不喜欢 |
[36:45] | Thought we’d seen the last of him, | 还以为他不会再来了 |
[36:45] | but I saw him last week hanging round the church. | 但我上周看到他在教堂附近 |
[36:48] | You should talk to the Reverend. | 你该去找牧师问问 |
[37:04] | Oh sorry, I haven’t got round to taking the plates off yet. | 抱歉 我还没来得及拿掉实习牌 |
[37:07] | It’s not an offense, is it? | 这不犯法吧 |
[37:10] | Well, I won’t say anything if you don’t. | 你不说我就不说 |
[37:11] | She only passed last week. | 她上周才通过 |
[37:12] | It’s… it’s third time lucky. | 都…三次了 才过 |
[37:16] | It’ll be a godsend to be honest with, um, with Laurel. | 老实说 真是上天保佑 因为劳洛的事 |
[37:20] | It’s muscular dystrophy. | 肌肉萎缩 |
[37:22] | Taking her into town for check-ups and that. | 需要送她进城做检查什么的 |
[37:24] | You know, it’s… | 知道吧 |
[37:25] | Up to now, it’s either been the bus or me, so… | 之前都是坐公共汽车或我送 |
[37:28] | usually means taking a day off work. | 那就得停工一天 |
[37:30] | You got kids? | 你有孩子吗 |
[37:31] | Sorry, it’s none of my business. | 抱歉 我多嘴了 |
[37:32] | No, no; need a wife first. | 没事 没有 得先有老婆啊 |
[37:35] | Not in this day and age, you don’t. | 现如今可未必了 |
[37:38] | Look, um… | 那个 |
[37:40] | I don’t think there was anything in it, | 梅格对那男孩的评价 |
[37:41] | what Mag’s was saying about the boy. | 我觉得就是她瞎紧张 |
[37:44] | To be honest with you, I felt bad about letting him go. | 老实说 解雇他我挺过意不去 |
[37:47] | Put him Tingwell’s way. | 让他去找廷维尔了 |
[37:50] | Right. | 好吧 |
[37:51] | Well, thank you for your help. | 多谢你帮忙 |
[37:55] | Yes, Stan helped out here. | 对 斯坦在这里干过 |
[37:58] | But it was just for a few weeks. | 但也就几周 |
[38:01] | Come autumn, he just lit out. | 到了秋天 他就走了 |
[38:03] | Not seen him since. | 再没见过他了 |
[38:05] | He wasn’t a great worker, if I’m honest. | 老实说 他干活儿不好 |
[38:07] | The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. | 可以说是上梁不正下梁歪吧 |
[38:11] | How do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[38:13] | Takes after his old man. | 像他老子 |
[38:15] | Oh, you knew his father? | 你认识他父亲 |
[38:16] | Oh, yes. | 是的 |
[38:18] | Phil Clemence and me were choirboys together | 菲尔·克莱门斯和我曾是圣克里斯托弗教堂的 |
[38:20] | at St. Christopher’s. | 唱诗班男童 |
[38:21] | Shared our first cigarette up in the organ loft there. | 还在那里的风琴台一起抽了第一根烟 |
[38:25] | I bet if I went back today, | 我敢说 如果我今天回去 |
[38:26] | I’d find our old pack of Woodbines still behind the pipework. | 我们当年那包烟肯定还在琴管后 |
[38:31] | No. | 可惜啊 |
[38:32] | It was a bad business. | 那事真可悲 |
[39:04] | The door was open. | 门开着 |
[39:06] | It’s always open. | 永远开着 |
[39:07] | What do you want? | 你有什么事 |
[39:10] | Some information on Stanley Clemence. | 我想打听斯坦利·克莱门斯 |
[39:13] | I’m told he’s been living here. | 我被告知他一直住在这里 |
[39:15] | Who wants to know? | 谁想打听 |
[39:17] | Police. Sergeant Morse. | 警察 摩斯警长 |
[39:20] | When did you see him last? | 你最后见他是什么时候 |
[39:23] | Couple of days, he came and went. | 几天前 他来来去去 |
[39:25] | Well, I’d like to see his room. | 我想看看他房间 |
[39:28] | You… you need a warrant or something, don’t you? | 你需要搜查令吧 |
[39:32] | You’ve got a couple skinning up on the mattress over there, | 那边床垫上就有大麻烟 |
[39:34] | and the place reeks of Red Leb. | 这地方也一股大麻味儿 |
[39:36] | Do you want me to call the drugs squad | 你是希望我喊缉毒组来 |
[39:37] | or do you want to just show me his room? | 还是要带我去他房间 |
[42:34] | 菲利普·克莱门斯 生于1914年3月11日 英格兰人 一米八二 棕色眼睛 黑褐色头发 住址: 朱比利巷13号 无案底 | |
[42:37] | 菲利普·克莱门斯的物品: 剃刀和刀片 两双鞋 梳子 两件衬衫 三件套西装: 裤子 马甲 外套 肥皂 法兰绒布 内衣 背心 两条领带 一包烟 | |
[43:06] | Go! | 开始 |
[44:12] | I don’t know what you’ve got to come back for. | 真不知你们为什么还要来 |
[44:18] | How do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[44:21] | There was another copper came by. | 之前还来过个警察 |
[44:27] | What other copper? | 什么警察 |
[45:14] | So what’s all this? | 这怎么回事 |
[45:18] | What’s all what? | 什么意思 |
[45:20] | All that. | 这一身 |
[45:22] | Incognito. | 这么低调 |
[45:25] | In disguise or hiding from someone? | 是扮装 还是在躲人 |
[45:29] | You don’t look like you. | 你都不像你了 |
[45:31] | What does me look like? | 那我该什么样 |
[45:34] | Not like this. | 反正不是这样 |
[45:36] | Well, there you go. | 是吧 |
[45:37] | Maybe I’m not me. | 或许我不是我了 |
[45:38] | Not anymore. | 现在不是了 |
[45:40] | Things change. | 情况变了 |
[45:43] | Well, that’s too bad. | 那太可惜了 |
[45:44] | That’s just how it goes. | 反正就是这样 |
[45:47] | You? | 你呢 |
[45:50] | I’m still me. | 我还是我 |
[45:52] | Well. Good for you. | 那挺好啊 |
[45:57] | Morse… | 摩斯 |
[45:58] | Help! Please! | 帮帮忙 |
[45:59] | Somebody help me! | 谁帮帮我 |
[46:01] | Please. | 拜托了 |
[46:02] | – I can’t find my little girl. – Excuse me. | -我找不到我女儿了 -借过 |
[46:04] | Excuse me please. | 请借过 |
[46:05] | Sorry. Thank you. | 抱歉 谢谢 |
[46:07] | All right, what is it? What is her name? | 好了 怎么了 她叫什么 |
[46:08] | Um, um, Rosie. | 萝茜 |
[46:09] | Rosie. What is she wearing? | 萝茜 她穿了什么 |
[46:10] | – Pink dress. – Right, right. | -粉裙子 -好 |
[46:30] | All right. | 好 |
[46:30] | As you were. | 继续吧 |
[46:32] | Ronnie? | 罗尼 |
[46:33] | Rosie Johnston, sir. From Cowley. | 萝茜·约翰逊 长官 考利人 |
[46:35] | We’ve got a sighting of a man with a little girl | 有一名男子看到一个特征 |
[46:37] | that sounds like Rosie stood by a vehicle in the car park. | 类似萝茜的女孩站在停车场一辆车边 |
[46:39] | Do we have a description? | 看到人了吗 |
[46:41] | Witness didn’t see his face. | 目击者没看到脸 |
[46:42] | Only that he was wearing a Panama hat. | 只说他戴了巴拿马草帽 |
[46:44] | Doesn’t sound like Stanley Clemence. | 听上去不像斯坦利·克莱门斯 |
[46:46] | I’ve a photograph of Rosie Johnston for circulation. | 我拿来一张萝茜·约翰逊的照片 以供传阅 |
[46:49] | You took your time. | 你真不紧不慢啊 |
[46:50] | What about a registration? | 车牌呢 |
[46:51] | Uh, just the, the make. | 只知道车型 |
[46:52] | Vanden Plas, two tone. | 范登普拉斯 两色 |
[46:55] | I’ve ordered roadblocks, sir. | 我已下令设路障 长官 |
[46:57] | 15-mile perimeter. | 15英里范围 |
[46:58] | Well, that’s something, I suppose. | 总算有点进展 |
[46:59] | Though I suspect he’ll be long past any cordon by now. | 但我怀疑他早跑出警戒线范围了 |
[47:02] | Unless he’s pulled off the road. | 除非他离开了大路 |
[47:06] | Ronnie, I can leave you to liaise | 罗尼 你可以跟 |
[47:08] | with Chief Superintendent Bright? | 布莱特高级警司协调吧 |
[47:10] | Of course, sir. | 当然 长官 |
[47:11] | Very glad of Traffic’s assistance. | 很高兴交警部能够协助 |
[47:13] | Hourly dispatches, yes? | 每小时上报 |
[47:14] | For good or ill. | 不管什么情况 |
[47:15] | Find Clemence, find the child. | 找到克莱门斯 找到那孩子 |
[47:20] | We don’t know it is Clemence, sir. | 我们不能确定是克莱门斯 长官 |
[47:24] | Our chief suspect | 一宗幼女 |
[47:25] | for the abduction and murder of a little girl skips hospital, | 绑架被杀案的头号嫌犯从医院逃离 |
[47:28] | and hours later another girl goes missing. | 数小时后 就又有一名女孩失踪 |
[47:29] | Yeah, but it could be coincidence, couldn’t it? | 但也可能是巧合吧 |
[47:31] | What’re you saying? | 你什么意思 |
[47:31] | We’ve got two perverts on the ground? | 现在有两个变态吗 |
[47:33] | Well, it is possibility. | 是有可能 |
[47:35] | Unless, Clemence had nothing to do with Ann Kirby. | 除非克莱门斯本就跟安·科比的事无关 |
[47:38] | I mean, I don’t suppose anybody’s considered | 应该是没人考虑过 |
[47:40] | the locus of the body or the flowers in her hair. | 尸体的发现地 和她头发上的花吧 |
[47:42] | Listen, | 听着 |
[47:43] | this kiddie was taken out from under the nose | 这孩子是在你和《动物世界》主持人 |
[47:45] | of you and Johnny Morris here, | 眼皮下被人掳走 |
[47:47] | so I’ll have no lectures. | 你就少教训我吧 |
[47:48] | If you’ll excuse me, I have a child to find. | 失陪了 我还得去找个孩子 |
[47:55] | There’s strong evidence Clemence had Ann Kirby at his place. | 有力证据表明克莱门斯之前把安·科比扣在他住处 |
[47:57] | What evidence? | 什么证据 |
[47:59] | The blue Alice band she was wearing. | 她戴的那条蓝宽头巾 |
[48:01] | DI Thursday turned it out not three hours since. | 瑟斯戴督察三小时前才发现的 |
[48:03] | Where? | 哪里 |
[48:03] | At his place. Now, be told. | 在他家 走开吧 |
[48:05] | But where at his place? | 他家具体哪里 |
[48:07] | In his room, under a loose floorboard. | 他房间一块松动地板下面 |
[48:08] | Along with drug paraphernalia and a notebook. | 里面还有吸毒用具和一本记事本 |
[48:12] | Fred. | 弗莱德 |
[48:15] | I hate to admit it. | 我也不想承认 |
[48:47] | Anything from Traffic? | 交警部有消息吗 |
[48:50] | Not yet. | 还没有 |
[48:52] | If there was a blue Alice band under the floorboards, | 如果地板下真有蓝宽头巾 |
[48:55] | it wasn’t there when I looked. | 我去看时还没有 |
[48:56] | You’ve been there? When? | 你去过 什么时候 |
[48:58] | Well, before you, clearly. | 显然在你之前 |
[49:00] | You think I did it? | 你觉得是我栽赃他吗 |
[49:02] | Well, somebody did. | 反正有人栽赃了 |
[49:03] | Whoever it is, | 不管是谁 |
[49:05] | somebody is trying to frame Stanley. | 有人想陷害斯坦利 |
[49:06] | Well… | 那 |
[49:09] | You keep it to yourself. | 你别说出去 |
[49:10] | Gets back to Box you’ve been poking around | 要是鲍克斯知道 |
[49:12] | in business that’s none of your concern… | 你去多管闲事了 |
[49:14] | But it is my concern. | 这是我的事 |
[49:17] | He’s not going to get to the bottom of it, you know that. | 他才不可能查明真相 你知道 |
[49:18] | He’s senior officer. | 他是高级警官 |
[49:20] | He’s a fist with a warrant card. | 他就是有警察证的暴徒 |
[49:23] | He’s going to pin Ann Kirby on the first passing suspect. | 他会把安·科比的死安在第一个出现的嫌犯身上 |
[49:25] | Your boy Stanley. Is that what you want? | 你的斯坦利 你真希望如此吗 |
[49:27] | You get caught with your tit in the wringer on this one, | 你这次要是捅了娄子 |
[49:29] | I won’t be able to help you. | 我可没法帮你 |
[49:30] | I’m not looking for your help. | 我没想要你帮我 |
[49:33] | How can you stand it? | 你怎么受得了 |
[49:36] | “Yes sir, no sir,” to a man like that? | 听命于那样的人 |
[49:39] | It’s called the chain of command. | 这叫指挥链 |
[49:40] | Well, you’re worth a hundred of his sort. | 你比一百个他这种人都强 |
[49:43] | Don’t forget it. | 你自己别忘了 |
[49:45] | Because I won’t. | 我可不会忘 |
[50:00] | Mister Haynes? | 海恩斯先生 |
[50:02] | – Yes, sir? – Can we have a word, please? | -是 长官 -可以跟你说句话吗 |
[50:05] | Yes, sir. | 好 长官 |
[50:06] | Have you always worked round here, Mister Haynes? | 你一直在这里开车吗 海恩斯先生 |
[50:08] | Yes, sir. That’s right. | 是 长官 没错 |
[50:10] | Have you ever spent any time in Berkshire. | 你去过伯克郡吗 |
[50:12] | On the buses or…? | 开公共汽车或… |
[50:13] | Nah, Oxford, always have been. | 没有 牛津 一直都是 |
[50:16] | You said when you made your statement | 你之前录口供时说 |
[50:18] | that you couldn’t remember when Ann Kirby got off. | 你记不起安·科比是什么时候下了车 |
[50:21] | Well, you try driving this route week in, week out. | 你试试长年累月开这条路线 |
[50:24] | They’re just uniforms. They get on, they get off. | 他们在我眼中就是一身校服 上车下车 |
[50:29] | But, usually, she would alight at West Adderbury. | 但她一般按说会在西阿德伯利下车 |
[50:32] | If you say so, but she can’t have done that day. | 你说是就是 但那天肯定不是 |
[50:35] | Why’s that? | 为什么 |
[50:36] | I was running empty after Weeping Cross. | 我过了维平考斯后就没人了 |
[50:38] | There was no-one aboard. | 乘客下光了 |
[50:39] | Didn’t mention that in your statement. | 你录口供时怎么没说 |
[50:41] | Nobody asked. | 没人问啊 |
[50:42] | Look, man, one day’s the same as the next in this game, you know. | 干我们这行 每天都一样 |
[50:45] | Not every day one of your passengers goes missing. | 但可不是每天都有乘客失踪 |
[50:48] | You know, thinking about it, | 想起来 |
[50:50] | maybe she did get off at Weeping Cross before. | 或许她以前也在维平考斯下过车 |
[50:53] | Not regular, just once in a while. | 并不总是 就隔一阵一次 |
[51:03] | We’ve enough to nail Clemence, then. | 这足以给克莱门斯定罪了 |
[51:06] | Just a question of picking him up. | 只需要抓到他 |
[51:09] | If it’s hers. | 如果是她的 |
[51:10] | Course it’s hers. Why wouldn’t it be? | 当然是 怎么会不是 |
[51:13] | Handy, it turning up when it did. | 出现的时机挺巧 |
[51:18] | You turned it up, Fred. | 是你发现的 弗莱德 |
[51:20] | Credit where it’s due. | 该居功时别客气 |
[51:22] | You know, it’s funny, | 说来有趣 |
[51:23] | we had trouble making it stick against Stanley’s father. | 我们当年也是没证据给斯坦利的父亲定罪 |
[51:27] | That right? | 是吗 |
[51:28] | Couldn’t crack him, love nor money. | 无论如何都无法让他开口 |
[51:31] | In the end, it was a young DC– | 最后 还是位年轻警员 |
[51:33] | my old bagman, Arthur Lott– | 我以前的副手 亚瑟·洛特 |
[51:36] | found the hammer he’d used | 发现了他用的锤子 |
[51:37] | concealed in the cistern of the outside lav at his address. | 就藏在他家屋外厕所的水箱里 |
[51:41] | – Lucky break. – Yeah. | -真走运 -是啊 |
[51:43] | Miraculous. | 犹如奇迹 |
[51:45] | Given it wasn’t there when I had a feel around | 因为我两天前摸过那里 |
[51:47] | two days previous. | 当时还没有 |
[51:49] | People miss things. | 人会有疏漏 |
[51:51] | – Even you. – That’s what I told myself. | -你也会 -我当时也这么跟自己说 |
[51:55] | It’s what did for him, though. | 但他因此被定罪 |
[51:57] | Even so, he went to the gallows swearing his innocence. | 即便如此 他上绞架时 也发誓他是无辜的 |
[52:05] | But he wasn’t, | 但他不是 |
[52:07] | was he? | 是吧 |
[52:09] | He was a wrong ‘un. | 他是坏人 |
[52:15] | So’s his boy. | 他儿子也是 |
[52:18] | Bad stock. | 坏种 |
[52:21] | We don’t know he did it. | 我们不能确定是他 |
[52:23] | We never know. | 我们从来都不能确定 |
[52:25] | It’s a balance of probabilities. | 就是看可能性 |
[52:28] | You go with your gut. | 你得相信直觉 |
[52:30] | What’s important is types like that get put away. | 重要的是 他那种人被关起来 |
[52:34] | And if we’ve got to nudge the jukebox | 如果我们需要推推点唱机 |
[52:37] | to get the penny to fall? | 让硬币落下来… |
[52:41] | What are you saying, Fred? | 你什么意思 弗莱德 |
[52:43] | Not sure I’m saying anything. | 我没什么意思 |
[52:45] | We’re just talking. | 不就聊聊吗 |
[52:47] | Something coming in to Traffic now. | 交警部有发现 |
[53:22] | He was picked up at one of the road blocks. | 他在一个路障处被抓 |
[53:24] | Been teaching here for ten years apparently. | 据说在这里教书十年了 |
[53:27] | Thought I recognized his name from your report. | 我觉得在你报告里见过他的名字 |
[53:57] | Opium. | 鸦片 |
[54:02] | What’re they doing here? | 他们为什么在这儿 |
[54:04] | All hands to pumps, I thought. | 我觉得该调动一切人力 |
[54:07] | We’ve got Sheridan in custody. | 谢利登已被我们羁押 |
[54:09] | This is our show, not Banbury’s. | 这是我们的案子 不是班伯里的 |
[54:12] | The uniform wants to make himself useful, | 巡警如果想帮忙 |
[54:13] | he can get back on his own ground | 就回自己地界 |
[54:14] | and search for the girl. | 去找那姑娘 |
[54:28] | You should come out to Banbury some time. | 你哪天该来班伯里看看 |
[54:29] | I’ve been to Banbury. | 我去过班伯里 |
[54:31] | Have a few beers, I meant. | 我是指喝喝酒 |
[54:33] | Few beers. | 喝喝酒 |
[54:34] | – Curry… – Talk about George. | -吃点咖喱 -谈谈乔治 |
[54:39] | – He’s still on the books. – Only for us. | -他的案子还没结 -只对于我们 |
[54:41] | Oh, there is an “us”, then, still, is there? | 那还是有”我们”咯 |
[54:45] | You’re doing well. | 你混得不错 |
[54:47] | You’ve friends at the Lodge. | 你在”会所”有人 |
[54:48] | You’re going places. Just let it go. | 你有前途 别管这事了 |
[54:53] | I can’t. | 我做不到 |
[54:57] | I can’t. | 我做不到 |
[55:06] | That upstairs. | 刚刚在楼上 |
[55:08] | It don’t mean anything, it’s… just his way. | 他没什么别的意思 他就那样 |
[55:11] | Well, there’s a daughter, Sophie. | 他有个女儿 苏菲 |
[55:13] | – You should get Welfare over there. – Right. | -你该叫福利部门过去 -好 |
[55:17] | I went through the items at 13 Jubilee Row. | 我翻看了朱比利巷13号的证物 |
[55:20] | You did what? | 什么 |
[55:23] | You can’t keep your fingers out, can you? | 你就是不肯放手 是吧 |
[55:29] | Brush salesman, wasn’t he? Stanley’s father. | 斯坦利的父亲是个刷子推销员 是吧 |
[55:31] | – Door to door. – So? | -走街串巷 -怎么了 |
[55:32] | So I was thinking he should have a sample case, shouldn’t he? | 我在想 他该有个样品箱吧 |
[55:36] | Of brushes. | 刷子样品 |
[55:37] | The past is the past. | 过去过去了 |
[55:39] | Dead and buried. | 死了埋了 |
[55:41] | Done. | 完了 |
[55:49] | A man answering description, wearing a Panama hat, | 一个符合你描述 戴巴拿马草帽的男人 |
[55:53] | was seen with Rosie at the fair. | 被看到在游乐会上跟萝茜交谈 |
[55:55] | Well, there must have been 50 men there wearing Panama hats. | 在场得有50个戴了巴拿马草帽的男人 |
[56:03] | We found your photographs. | 我们发现你的照片了 |
[56:06] | Children. | 都是儿童 |
[56:09] | Young girls in not much more than the altogether. | 衣衫不整的小姑娘 |
[56:11] | That’s… art. | 那是…艺术 |
[56:13] | I’m interested in photography. | 我喜欢摄影 |
[56:15] | You’re interested in something. | 你是喜欢什么 |
[56:17] | Those are historical images. | 那都是古董照片 |
[56:20] | They were taken by the Reverend Charles Dodgson. | 是查尔斯·道奇森牧师拍的 |
[56:23] | Lewis Carroll? | 也就是刘易斯·卡罗尔 |
[56:24] | The man who wrote Alice in Wonderland? | 《爱丽丝梦游仙境》的作者 |
[56:28] | Prince Albert and Queen Victoria | 阿尔伯特亲王和维多利亚女王 |
[56:30] | were great collectors of child nudes. | 都很喜欢收集儿童裸照 |
[56:32] | I doubt they were in the habit | 他们应该不会 |
[56:33] | of abducting young girls from country fetes. | 去乡村游乐会绑架小姑娘 |
[56:35] | No more am l. | 我也不会 |
[56:37] | Look, there was a young man watching my daughter | 之前还有个年轻人 晚上在我家外 |
[56:40] | at our house the night before that, um, | 看我女儿 就在次日 |
[56:42] | that Kirby girl was found. | 那个科比的尸体就被发现 |
[56:44] | That’s the man you should be looking for. | 你们该去找他 |
[56:46] | Where were you on the afternoon of July the first? | 7月1日下午你在哪 |
[56:50] | July the first… oh, I’d need to consult my diary. | 7月1日 我得去看看我的日志 |
[56:53] | The day of the investiture, if that helps. | 是查尔斯王子授权仪式那天 |
[56:55] | Tuesday last. | 上周二 |
[56:57] | Yes, well, in that case, I was in my rooms. | 那样的话 我在家 |
[56:59] | I watched the ceremony on television. | 我在电视上看了典礼 |
[57:02] | Anyone who can vouch for you? | 有人能给你作证吗 |
[57:04] | Yes. | 有 |
[57:05] | The bursar at Crozier. | 克洛泽的财务主管 |
[57:15] | Bursar confirms he spoke to Sheridan. | 财务主管证实了他跟谢利登的通话 |
[57:18] | They talked about the investiture mostly, | 他们基本上一直在聊授权仪式 |
[57:21] | what the queen was wearing. | 谈论女王的服装 |
[57:23] | Call was made at 16:23. | 电话是16:23打的 |
[57:25] | Line was in use for 26 minutes. | 线路占用了26分钟 |
[57:27] | If he was at home talking to the bursar, | 如果他当时在跟财务主管通电话 |
[57:29] | he can’t’ve been out picking up Ann Kirby. | 那就不可能在外面抓安·科比 |
[57:32] | Stand down the warrant for his gaff now. | 先取消对他的逮捕令 |
[57:34] | What about the opium? | 那鸦片呢 |
[57:36] | Can’t prove it’s his. | 无法证明属于他 |
[57:39] | I can’t see a jury buying it, can you? | 我觉得陪审团不会信服 你呢 |
[57:41] | I’m sorry, Fred. | 抱歉 弗莱德 |
[57:43] | I know you wanted it to be him, but it’s Clemence. | 我知道你希望是他 但就是克莱门斯 |
[57:45] | It’s always been Clemence. | 始终都是克莱门斯 |
[57:47] | We’ve just got to find the little bastard. | 我们只需要找到那小混蛋 |
[58:22] | Oh, it’s nothing sinister. | 我没干坏事 |
[58:23] | I was just getting a seed cake out of the oven. | 我刚从烤箱里端出个香饼 |
[58:27] | Well, come in. | 请进吧 |
[58:32] | Well, this is a first. | 真是头一遭 |
[58:34] | Splash more? | 再来吗 |
[58:38] | How do you know where I live, by the way? | 你怎么知道我的住址 |
[58:40] | You’re in the book. | 黄页里能查到 |
[58:43] | It’s nice. | 这里不错 |
[58:44] | I am fighting a war of attrition | 我在跟香水月季上的 |
[58:46] | with the greenfly over the tea roses. | 绿蚜虫打消耗战呢 |
[58:49] | Not very successfully, it must be said, but yes. | 虽然得承认我节节败退 但的确 |
[58:54] | As a spot, I am rather fond. | 作为消遣 我还挺喜欢 |
[58:57] | Well, something has to be lovely, | 总得有点美好的事 |
[59:00] | doesn’t it? | 对吧 |
[59:07] | Governor. | 头儿 |
[59:08] | There is a known pervert seen back in the area. | 有个已知变态被看到回了这一带 |
[59:10] | Maybe he knows where the boy is. | 或许他知道那小子在哪 |
[59:12] | Maybe. | 或许吧 |
[59:14] | Look. | 听着 |
[59:16] | This ain’t going to be Geneva Convention. | 这又不是《日内瓦公约》 |
[59:19] | So if you’ve got reservations, | 你如果有所保留 |
[59:22] | now would be the time to say. | 就现在说出来 |
[59:24] | Whatever it takes. | 不惜一切 |
[59:32] | I mean it. | 我说真的 |
[59:34] | Can I count on you? | 我能指望你吗 |
[59:38] | Always. | 当然 |
[59:42] | Ann Kirby. | 安·科比 |
[59:45] | I wondered if I had missed anything in the post-mortem. | 尸检有什么发现我不知道吗 |
[59:49] | Not your case, is it? | 不是你的案子吧 |
[59:53] | Serious head trauma, hairline fracture of the cranium. | 头部严重创伤 头骨骨裂 |
[59:57] | Diffused degeneration of the cerebral white matter. | 脑白质大面积退化 |
[1:00:01] | Caused by? | 原因呢 |
[1:00:02] | A single violent blow to the back of the skull. | 后脑遭了一下重击 |
[1:00:05] | Coup and contrecoup, | 受伤和应激反应 |
[1:00:07] | – the brain bruises across a diffuse area. – Quick? | -大脑会大面积瘀伤 -去得快吗 |
[1:00:11] | Not necessarily. | 未必 |
[1:00:13] | Some patients can lapse into coma and linger for some time. | 有些病人会陷入昏迷 奄奄一息好一阵 |
[1:00:19] | What do you think happened to her? | 你觉得她是怎么回事 |
[1:00:23] | I think if I spent my days in contemplation of such questions, | 我觉得如果我成天就想这样的问题 |
[1:00:28] | I would drink rather more than I do. | 我会比现在喝更多酒 |
[1:00:44] | Been on your holidays, Gilbert? | 去度假了吗 吉尔伯特 |
[1:00:46] | We’ve been looking for you. | 我们到处找你呢 |
[1:00:54] | Rosie! | 萝茜 |
[1:00:57] | Rosie? | 萝茜 |
[1:01:04] | Rosie? | 萝茜 |
[1:01:10] | What is this? | 这是干什么 |
[1:01:12] | Oh, you know what this is, Gilbert. | 你懂的 吉尔伯特 |
[1:01:14] | This is how things get done. | 这是为了办成事 |
[1:01:25] | You’ve got known associates, Gilbert. | 你有”同好” 吉尔伯特 |
[1:01:28] | God knows how you freaks find each other, | 天知道你们这些变态怎么找上彼此 |
[1:01:30] | but I know you do. | 但我知道你们互相认识 |
[1:01:32] | Swapping your nature studies like cigarette cards. | 像交换香烟卡片那样交换你的”自然摄影” |
[1:01:42] | We’re looking for him. | 我们在找他 |
[1:01:44] | I don’t know him. | 我不认识他 |
[1:01:59] | Atta boy! | 好样的 |
[1:02:19] | Do you want tea? | 你要喝茶吗 |
[1:02:21] | You’re back, are you? | 你回来了 |
[1:02:23] | Yeah. | 对 |
[1:02:25] | I’m making tea. | 我去泡茶 |
[1:02:27] | Not for me. | 不用给我准备 |
[1:02:29] | Righto. | 好吧 |
[1:02:33] | Gunsmoke, is it? | 《荒野镖客》吗 |
[1:02:35] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:02:36] | Something. | 是吧 |
[1:02:39] | What’ve you done to your hand? | 你手怎么了 |
[1:02:44] | I don’t remember, um… | 我不记得了 |
[1:02:47] | Caught in a door, probably. | 可能是门夹了吧 |
[1:02:50] | Doesn’t hurt. | 不疼 |
[1:02:59] | I’ll put the kettle on. | 我去烧水 |
[1:03:30] | I didn’t do it! | 不是我干的 |
[1:03:32] | I’m innocent! Thursday! | 我是无辜的 瑟斯戴 |
[1:04:04] | 廷维尔 克莱门斯 维平考斯 风琴管后 圣克里斯托弗教堂唱诗班 | |
[1:04:06] | Phil Clemence and me were choirboys together | 菲尔·克莱门斯和我曾是圣克里斯托弗教堂的 |
[1:04:09] | at St. Christopher’s. | 唱诗班男童 |
[1:04:10] | Shared our first cigarette up in the organ loft there. | 还在那里的风琴台一起抽了第一根烟 |
[1:04:13] | I bet if I went back today, | 我敢说 如果我今天回去 |
[1:04:14] | I’d find our old pack of Woodbines still behind the pipework. | 我们当年那包烟肯定还在琴管后 |
[1:06:03] | That’s the sixth this year. | 今年第六个了 |
[1:06:07] | Overdose? | 吸毒过量吗 |
[1:06:09] | He was an habitual user, but… no. | 他的确是瘾君子 但不是 |
[1:06:13] | If he’s anything like the others, | 如果他跟其他人一样 |
[1:06:14] | it’s what the heroin’s being adulterated with | 是海洛因里掺的 |
[1:06:17] | to make it go further that’s the problem. | 增加劲道的东西害死了他 |
[1:06:21] | Quinine. | 奎宁 |
[1:06:24] | Not a happy combination. | 不是个好组合 |
[1:06:26] | And is someone doesn’t cut off the supply, | 如果没人切断供应链 |
[1:06:29] | he won’t be the last. | 还会有更多人受害 |
[1:06:39] | I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[1:06:43] | I let him down. | 我辜负了他 |
[1:06:46] | His father too. | 还有他父亲 |
[1:06:49] | Arthur Lott fitted Phil Clemence up, | 亚瑟·洛特栽赃了菲尔·克莱门斯 |
[1:06:51] | and I sent an innocent man to the gallows. | 而我让无辜者上了绞架 |
[1:06:57] | I’ve read the case files. | 我读了案卷 |
[1:07:01] | There’s something you should see. | 有样东西你该看看 |
[1:07:16] | Clemence’s sample case. | 克莱门斯的样品箱 |
[1:07:18] | He’d hidden it in Saint Christopher’s. | 被他藏在了圣克里斯托弗教堂里 |
[1:07:20] | So Arthur Lott may have planted the evidence | 亚瑟·洛特或许的确栽赃了证据 |
[1:07:22] | that got him convicted, but you were right. | 让他被定罪 但你没错 |
[1:07:24] | He was guilty. | 他是有罪 |
[1:07:31] | That’s not how they’ll see it upstairs. | 上头可不会那么想 |
[1:07:33] | Or in the papers. | 报纸也是 |
[1:07:35] | You know how it works. | 你清楚这种事 |
[1:07:39] | If I fitted up Phil Clemence, | 如果我栽赃了菲尔·克莱门斯 |
[1:07:40] | who else have I fitted up over the years? | 那我这些年来还栽赃过谁 |
[1:07:42] | But you didn’t. | 但你没有 |
[1:07:44] | You think that’ll matter? | 你觉得那有区别吗 |
[1:07:49] | They’ll look at every single case I ever made. | 他们会审查我办过的每一桩案子 |
[1:07:52] | We ever made. | 我们的每桩案子 |
[1:07:55] | Well, as it stands, nobody knows. | 但目前 没人知道 |
[1:07:58] | We know. | 我们知道 |
[1:08:10] | Bury it now, we’re no better than Arthur Lott. | 现在瞒下来 那我也不比亚瑟·洛特强 |
[1:08:14] | An Alice band, a hammer. | 宽头巾 锤子 |
[1:08:17] | It’s corruption. | 这终归是腐败 |
[1:08:23] | No. | 不行 |
[1:08:27] | Tell the truth and shame the Devil. | 说出真话 让魔鬼羞愧 |
[1:08:33] | I’ll turn it in. | 我去上交 |
[1:08:36] | Well, if you want to do things by the book, | 如果你想按规矩来 |
[1:08:38] | it’s actually in my custody. | 这是我的证物 |
[1:08:40] | So I’ll take the responsibility for it. | 我会对此负责 |
[1:08:54] | Any news on Rosie Johnston? | 萝茜·约翰逊有消息吗 |
[1:08:58] | We’re still looking. | 我们还在找 |
[1:09:00] | If Stanley took her… | 如果是斯坦利抓走了她 |
[1:09:02] | She’s still alive. | 她还活着 |
[1:09:05] | Stanley didn’t take her anymore than he killed Ann Kirby. | 斯坦利没抓走她 就像他也没杀安·科比 |
[1:09:07] | You know that, and I know that. | 你清楚 我也清楚 |
[1:09:13] | I’d better get back to the nick. | 我得回警局了 |
[1:09:48] | 失踪人口 安·科比 10岁 最后于1969年7月1日在班伯里被看到 | |
[1:10:06] | Mr. Croglin? | 克罗格林先生吗 |
[1:10:07] | That’s right, yeah. | 是的 |
[1:10:09] | Sergeant Morse, Thames Valley. | 摩斯警长 泰晤士河谷警局 |
[1:10:12] | You had a stall at the Blenheim fete. | 你在布伦纳姆游乐会摆了个摊位 |
[1:10:14] | Yeah, that’s right yeah. | 对 |
[1:10:15] | What’s this about? | 什么事啊 |
[1:10:16] | Do you ever do any work in Berkshire? | 你在伯克郡工作过吗 |
[1:10:18] | No, I’ve all I can manage here. | 没有 我这里都忙不过来 |
[1:10:22] | But you took this. | 但这是你拍的 |
[1:10:24] | Uh… yeah. | 是的 |
[1:10:25] | Yeah. | 对 |
[1:10:26] | And do you remember this little girl? | 你记得这女孩吗 |
[1:10:29] | On the photo you took here last week. | 这是你上周在这里拍的 |
[1:10:33] | That’s the girl that was killed, isn’t it? | 那是死的那女孩吧 |
[1:10:36] | My little bookworm. | 我的小书虫 |
[1:10:39] | How’s that? | 怎么说 |
[1:10:42] | Well, I’d had to change a roll see. | 我当时要换胶卷 |
[1:10:44] | So I had a couple more minutes with her. | 就跟她聊了几分钟 |
[1:10:48] | She was telling me that she was reading, um, Black Beauty. | 她跟我说她在读《黑美人》 |
[1:10:52] | I said, “Oh, yes, that’s nice.” | 我说 “那书不错” |
[1:10:53] | You know, just to make conversation. | 就东拉西扯了一阵 |
[1:10:56] | She said, “Yeah.” | 她说”是啊” |
[1:10:59] | Only she was worried. | 但她有些担心 |
[1:11:02] | About what? | 担心什么 |
[1:11:05] | As it’s… quite a long book, you see. | 那本书挺厚 |
[1:11:10] | She wouldn’t be able to get it finished | 她怕自己看不完 |
[1:11:11] | before it had to be back to the library. | 就得还去图书馆了 |
[1:11:13] | I said, “You’ll have to buy a copy.” | 我说 “那你去买一本吧” |
[1:11:17] | She said, “I’m not made of money.” | 她说 “我哪有那个钱” |
[1:11:22] | Just like that. | 就是这样 |
[1:11:26] | “I’m not made of money.” | “我哪有那个钱” |
[1:11:29] | We rolled up. | 然后我们就拍好了 |
[1:11:32] | Anyway… | 反正 |
[1:11:36] | That was… my little bookworm. | 就是她 小书虫 |
[1:11:59] | The last time you would have been here was when? | 你上次来是什么时候 |
[1:12:01] | – Was it the first of July? – That’s right. | -是7月1日吗 -是的 |
[1:12:04] | Can you tell me if this girl came by on that day. | 可以告诉我这个女孩那天是否来过吗 |
[1:12:07] | Her name’s Ann Kirby. | 她叫安·科比 |
[1:12:09] | If you give me a minute. | 请稍等 |
[1:12:16] | Do you stop in Deddington? | 你在戴丁顿停过吗 |
[1:12:17] | No, that’s not on the rota. | 没 那不在线路内 |
[1:12:19] | Weeping Cross is the nearest we come. | 我们最远就到维平考斯 |
[1:12:21] | Yes, | 对 |
[1:12:22] | here we are, Ann Kirby. | 有了 安·科比 |
[1:12:25] | Returned four books | 还了四本书 |
[1:12:27] | – and took out four more. – Four? | -然后又借了四本 -四本 |
[1:12:30] | Caring for your Pony, Ride Like the Wind, | 《照顾小马》《奔驰如风》 |
[1:12:32] | The Blue Ribbon for Binky, and Gypsy Wins Through. | 《宾奇的蓝丝带》《吉普赛获胜》 |
[1:12:36] | Four books every visit. | 每次她来都是四本 |
[1:12:39] | Like clockwork. | 从不错过 |
[1:13:58] | I carried a little boy out of a bloodbath. | 我把个小男孩从一摊血里抱出来 |
[1:14:02] | That’s got to mean something. | 那总该有些意义 |
[1:14:06] | Guilty or innocent, I can’t give up on him. | 不管是有罪还是无罪 我不能放弃他 |
[1:14:11] | So you returned to the scene of the crime. | 所以你就回到犯罪现场来 |
[1:14:13] | Hoping for what? | 想得到什么呢 |
[1:14:15] | That the killer would return? | 凶手会来吗 |
[1:14:18] | – Sometimes they come back. – Sometimes they do. | -有时他们会回来 -有时吧 |
[1:14:22] | But this isn’t the scene of the crime. | 但这里不是犯罪现场 |
[1:14:25] | You were right, I was wrong. | 你是对的 我错了 |
[1:14:27] | There is no obscure motive. | 根本没有隐秘动机 |
[1:14:30] | No stroke of genius. | 或灵机一动 |
[1:14:32] | Just shoe-leather. | 只需要多跑腿 |
[1:14:34] | Little girl goes missing, turns up dead, | 小姑娘失踪 最后发现她死了 |
[1:14:37] | one thought springs to mind. | 人们会想到一些事 |
[1:14:39] | Yeah, 99 times out of 100, it’s the right one. | 99%的情况下人们都没猜错 |
[1:14:43] | But not this time? | 但这次不是吗 |
[1:15:01] | Mr. Skynner? | 斯金纳先生 |
[1:15:04] | Detective Inspector Thursday, Thames Valley. | 瑟斯戴督察 泰晤士河谷警局 |
[1:15:06] | I believe you know Sergeant Morse. | 你认识摩斯警长吧 |
[1:15:10] | It’s about the girl found in the pylon field. | 是关于我们在电缆塔田里发现的小女孩 |
[1:15:13] | Oh, yes. | 好 |
[1:15:14] | The day that Anne Kirby disappeared, | 安·科比失踪那天 |
[1:15:16] | she got off the bus a few stops early | 她提前了几站下了公共汽车 |
[1:15:18] | to return books to the mobile library, | 去移动图书馆还书 |
[1:15:20] | where she collected four more. | 然后又借了四本 |
[1:15:26] | I checked to see | 我亲自去看了 |
[1:15:27] | which would be the best shortcut | 从维平考斯回她家 |
[1:15:28] | from Weeping Cross to her home. | 哪条路最短 |
[1:15:30] | There’s a field with a lane | 有片田里有条小路 |
[1:15:33] | with a very nasty blind bend. | 通向一个很急的弯道 |
[1:16:05] | I recovered a piece of an L-Plate there, | 我在那里找到了实习车牌的碎片 |
[1:16:07] | broken off in the collision. | 在撞击时断的 |
[1:16:09] | – Alfie? – It’s all right, Mags, go home. | -阿尔弗 -没事 梅格 回家去 |
[1:16:11] | See to Laurel. | 去找劳洛 |
[1:16:12] | Actually, Mrs. Skynner, it’s probably best if you stay here. | 其实 斯金纳太太 你最好别走 |
[1:16:15] | Please… | 拜托了 |
[1:16:15] | I’m sorry, Mr. Skynner. | 抱歉 斯金纳先生 |
[1:16:17] | What’s going on, Alf? | 怎么回事 阿尔弗 |
[1:16:20] | They know who was driving. | 他们知道是谁开车了 |
[1:16:25] | It was an accident. | 是个意外 |
[1:16:27] | She was just there. | 她突然就出来了 |
[1:16:29] | I wasn’t going fast. | 我都没开快 |
[1:16:30] | – There was nothing I could do. – She panicked, | -我也没办法了 -她慌了 |
[1:16:32] | – that’s all it was. – I thought | -仅此而已 -我以为 |
[1:16:34] | if I brought her back, Alf could do something. | 如果我带她回来 阿尔弗能想想办法 |
[1:16:38] | Make her right. | 把她治好 |
[1:16:40] | Only she never came to. | 但她没醒过来 |
[1:16:42] | We thought that she’d come round. | 我们真以为她会醒 |
[1:16:45] | Then the longer it went on… | 可等得越久 |
[1:16:46] | She just slipped away. | 她就慢慢没了气息 |
[1:16:49] | I went to get her a cold flannel. | 我去给她拿毯子 |
[1:16:51] | I… couldn’t’ve been gone a minute. | 也就走开了一下 |
[1:16:53] | She just slipped away. | 她就断气了 |
[1:16:58] | I knew the maintenance gang | 我知道维护人员 |
[1:17:00] | were going to be out seeing to the pylons. | 会去维护电缆塔 |
[1:17:03] | I thought they’d find her. | 我以为他们会发现她 |
[1:17:06] | They skipped over to the next valley. | 可他们直接去了下一站 |
[1:17:08] | So, you put the horse in the field, | 所以你才把马牵去了田里 |
[1:17:10] | knowing that Mr. Tingwell would report it stolen. | 你知道廷维尔先生肯定会报失 |
[1:17:13] | I didn’t want her lying out there. | 我不希望她那样躺在地里 |
[1:17:16] | With animals and all sorts. | 还有动物呢 |
[1:17:17] | I didn’t… want her messing with. | 我不想她被…啃食 |
[1:17:22] | For her parents. | 为了她父母 |
[1:17:24] | And you put the flowers in her hair? | 也是你给她头发插了花 |
[1:17:28] | I thought I’d get in trouble. | 我怕自己惹上麻烦 |
[1:17:31] | Laurel– our daughter… | 劳洛 我们女儿 |
[1:17:35] | with Alf working, | 阿尔弗要工作 |
[1:17:37] | I’m all she’s got. | 她只有我了 |
[1:18:26] | Well. | 好啊 |
[1:18:29] | Who’s a clever bastard? | 真是个机灵鬼 |
[1:18:32] | They’re nothing to do with Rosie Johnston. | 他们跟萝茜·约翰逊的事无关 |
[1:18:34] | Well, seeing as Stanley is cooling in the fridge, | 斯坦利在冷库里呢 |
[1:18:36] | we’ve still got some work to do to find her. | 我们还得想办法找到她 |
[1:18:40] | Fred. | 弗莱德 |
[1:19:17] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[1:19:20] | Well, I wouldn’t swear to it, | 我不敢下定论 |
[1:19:22] | as one looks much like another, | 毕竟它们都一样 |
[1:19:24] | but… I’d say that’s Ann Kirby’s Alice band. | 但我猜这是安·科比的宽头巾 |
[1:19:28] | It was under the driver’s seat. | 掉在驾驶席下了 |
[1:19:31] | Must have fallen off when they… | 肯定是掉落下来了 |
[1:19:34] | …got her out of the car. | 他们把她抱出车时 |
[1:19:41] | We didn’t have the best of starts. | 我们一开始不太对付 |
[1:19:46] | I hope we can straighten that out. | 希望能改善一下 |
[1:19:49] | Bury the hatchet. | 放下旧怨 |
[1:19:52] | You got a raw deal over George Fancy. | 乔治·范西的事 你受到的对待不公 |
[1:19:56] | Everybody knows that. | 大家都知道 |
[1:19:59] | It’s you should be sitting here, and me standing there. | 应该是你坐在这儿 我站在那儿 |
[1:20:03] | How it goes. | 事情就是这样 |
[1:20:06] | Maybe. | 或许吧 |
[1:20:09] | But it doesn’t make my job any easier. | 但这并不让我感到轻松 |
[1:20:13] | You’re Fred Thursday. | 你可是弗莱德·瑟斯戴 |
[1:20:16] | That means something to these blokes. | 有些人还是很看重你 |
[1:20:19] | I don’t know about that. | 那我就不知道了 |
[1:20:24] | I do. | 我知道 |
[1:20:28] | Look… | 听着 |
[1:20:30] | My manners aren’t all they should be, | 我的行为或许粗暴了些 |
[1:20:33] | but everything I’ve got in this game | 但我在这行获得的一切 |
[1:20:34] | has come through this… and hard graft. | 都是靠这股强硬和努力奋斗得来 |
[1:20:39] | And I reckon you’re the same. | 我猜你也是 |
[1:20:45] | We can do something here. | 我们能有所作为 |
[1:20:48] | You and me. | 你和我 |
[1:20:50] | Sort this place out. | 好好治理这里 |
[1:20:51] | Make it somewhere decent. | 让它成为个好地方 |
[1:20:54] | Kids can grow up safe. | 让孩子们能安全长大 |
[1:20:58] | But I need your help. | 但我需要你帮忙 |
[1:21:03] | You in… | 你干 |
[1:21:06] | or out? | 还是不干 |
[1:21:41] | – Sir? – Morse? | -长官 -摩斯 |
[1:21:43] | – It’s her. – Who? | -是她 -谁 |
[1:21:44] | Emily Bayard. | 艾米莉·贝亚德 |
[1:21:46] | The missing schoolgirl. | 失踪女童 |
[1:21:47] | He’s using her as a model | 他用她做模特 |
[1:21:49] | and period photographic techniques | 然后用老摄影手段 |
[1:21:50] | – to pass the images off as vintage photographs. – Who is? | -把照片伪造成古董 -谁 |
[1:21:52] | Dr. Sheridan. That photograph’s a fake. | 谢利登博士 那是假照片 |
[1:21:55] | Looks like a photograph to me. | 我看就是照片啊 |
[1:21:56] | No. I mean it’s inauthentic. | 不 我是说不是真古董 |
[1:21:58] | If you look at the sculpture on the plinth, | 看底座上的雕塑 |
[1:22:00] | it’s by Degas. | 那是德加的 |
[1:22:01] | Couldn’t have being cast until the early 20th century. | 那是20世纪早期的作品 |
[1:22:04] | That’s not a Victorian photograph, | 那不是维多利亚时代的照片 |
[1:22:05] | that was made about three years ago. | 那是大概三年前拍的 |
[1:22:06] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道 |
[1:22:07] | Because the girl in the picture is Emily Bayard. | 因为照片里的女孩是艾米莉·贝亚德 |
[1:22:12] | Sophie, | 索菲 |
[1:22:13] | Sheridan’s so-called daughter. | 谢利登所谓的女儿 |
[1:22:15] | “So-called”? | “所谓” |
[1:22:16] | Yeah, it’s the same girl. | 对 就是她 |
[1:22:22] | Emily? | 艾米莉 |
[1:22:23] | Emily? | 艾米莉 |
[1:22:25] | Emily, it’s the police. | 艾米莉 我们是警察 |
[1:22:27] | You’re safe now. | 你安全了 |
[1:22:30] | – It was here. – What was? | -原来就在这里 -什么 |
[1:22:31] | The statue. | 雕塑 |
[1:22:32] | – He must have taken it with him. – Where? | -他肯定带走了 -去哪了 |
[1:22:33] | Well, wherever he takes the photographs. | 他拍照片的地方 |
[1:22:35] | Presumably where he stashed Rosie | 他从游乐会带走萝茜后 |
[1:22:36] | after he took her from the fete. | 应该也把她藏在了那里 |
[1:22:42] | Trapped in an upstairs room. | 锁在楼上一个房间里了 |
[1:22:48] | She’s a bit… | 她有点… |
[1:22:49] | It’s all right. | 没事 |
[1:22:51] | You’re all right. | 你没事了 |
[1:22:52] | Nobody’s going to hurt you. | 没人会伤害你了 |
[1:22:55] | You’re safe now. | 你安全了 |
[1:22:59] | Where is he, Emily? | 他在哪 艾米莉 |
[1:23:16] | What is this place? | 这什么地方 |
[1:23:17] | Badgett Manor. | 巴吉特庄园 |
[1:23:18] | Former church land. | 以前属于教会 |
[1:23:19] | Sheridan was a local history buff. | 谢利登是本地历史迷 |
[1:23:21] | He knew all about the place. | 他对这里很了解 |
[1:23:22] | He knew it would be empty. | 他知道这里肯定没人 |
[1:24:11] | Rosie. | 萝茜 |
[1:24:26] | Uh… she, she’s perfectly all right. | 她没事 |
[1:24:28] | She’d better be. Morse? | 她最好没事 摩斯 |
[1:24:29] | Laudanum. | 鸦片酊 |
[1:24:30] | A sedative. | 镇定剂 |
[1:24:32] | I can assure you, she’s quite unharmed. | 我向你们保证 她没受到伤害 |
[1:24:36] | And Emily? | 那艾米莉呢 |
[1:24:37] | Three years your captive and God knows what else? | 你关了她三年 天知道还做了什么 |
[1:24:40] | How harmed is she? | 她受了多少伤 |
[1:24:42] | It’s, it’s just photographs. | 只是拍照 |
[1:24:45] | You take the photographs and what? | 你拍照 然后呢 |
[1:24:46] | You sell them on to other freaks? | 卖给其他变态吗 |
[1:24:48] | Freaks? | 变态 |
[1:24:49] | No, no, hobbyists. | 不 是爱好者 |
[1:24:50] | Men of a, a like aesthetic bent. | 有类似审美的[男]人 |
[1:24:52] | Men? | 男人 |
[1:24:55] | You’re not a man. You’re not a man’s arse. | 你算什么男人 你连男人的屁股都不算 |
[1:24:56] | – I’ve never laid a finger. – Perhaps. | -我没碰过她 -或许吧 |
[1:24:59] | But what did you intend to do with her? | 但你本打算怎么处置她 |
[1:25:01] | Just sell her off to the highest bidder? | 卖给出价最高者吗 |
[1:25:03] | And that’s why you took Rosie, | 所以你才抓了萝茜 |
[1:25:05] | because you needed a new model. | 因为你需要新模特 |
[1:25:07] | Because Emily had grown up. | 因为艾米莉已经长大 |
[1:25:10] | She was… perfect. | 她很…完美 |
[1:25:14] | Sugar, and spice… | 甜美俏皮 |
[1:25:17] | and all… | 她是 |
[1:25:21] | things nice. | 美好的 |
[1:25:25] | That’s enough! That’s enough, that’s enough! | 够了 够了 |
[1:25:41] | All right, Rosie. | 好了 萝茜 |
[1:25:45] | Now then, hand you over to this lady here. | 好 我把你交给这位姐姐 |
[1:25:48] | And she’s going to take you home, all right? | 她会带你回家 好吗 |
[1:25:55] | I expect he lied to Rosie, the same way he lied to Emily. | 他应该像欺骗艾米莉那样骗了萝茜 |
[1:25:59] | He told her that her parents were dead, | 说她父母都死了 |
[1:26:00] | and she was coming to live with him, | 她只能跟他去住 |
[1:26:02] | and wouldn’t have to go to school anymore. | 再不用去上学了 |
[1:26:04] | Sick bastard. | 变态混蛋 |
[1:26:10] | She’ll be all right. | 她不会有事了 |
[1:26:12] | They both will. | 她们都不会有事了 |
[1:26:15] | Like Stanley? | 那斯坦利呢 |
[1:26:21] | I’ll see you around. | 回见了 |
[1:26:34] | Transfer I asked about, sir. | 我跟您提的调职的事 长官 |
[1:26:36] | If I could trouble you for a signature. | 就劳烦您签个名 |
[1:26:39] | “E. Morse.” | “英·摩斯” |
[1:26:41] | He’s, uh…? | 他… |
[1:26:42] | Oh, yes, sir. | 对 长官 |
[1:26:43] | One of the College Lodges, l belive. | 学院会所的好像 |
[1:26:47] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢 长官 |
[1:26:48] | Dear Mr. E. Morse, | 亲爱的英·摩斯先生 |
[1:26:50] | Please find herewith notification | 特此通知 |
[1:26:53] | that you’re being reassigned from your current station | 你已被调离目前的警局 |
[1:26:56] | to take up the position of Detective Sergeant | 将去城堡门警局 |
[1:26:58] | with the Criminal Investigation Department | 刑事调查部 |
[1:27:01] | at Castle Gate Police station. | 担任警长 |
[1:27:09] | Report for duty at 0900 hours, | 请于7月17日周四9点 |
[1:27:12] | Thursday, July 17, to DCI Box | 向鲍克斯高级督察报道 |
[1:27:16] | to receive your first assignment. | 接受你的首个任务 |