时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:17] | If I might have everyone’s attention. | 请大家注意 |
[00:20] | As you know, since the merging | 大家知道 自从合并了 |
[00:22] | of City and County to create Thames Valley | 市警局和郡警局成为泰晤士河谷警局 |
[00:26] | the future of Cowley Police station has been in the balance. | 考利警局的未来一直不明确 |
[00:32] | I have this day received news from Division. | 我今天已收到了来自警部的消息 |
[00:35] | The station is to be reduced to a skeleton staff | 本警局到本月23日 将被缩减为 |
[00:39] | by the 23rd of the month. | 仅剩基础人员 |
[00:42] | And will be closed– permanently– | 到30日午夜 将永远 |
[00:45] | at midnight on the 30th. | 关闭 |
[00:48] | Details of future placements | 未来安排的具体情况 |
[00:51] | will be sent to each of you | 将在适当时候 |
[00:54] | in due course. | 发给你们每个人 |
[00:57] | I know I can rely on all of you | 我知道我可以指望大家 |
[00:59] | to discharge your duty | 继续坚守职责 |
[01:01] | with the same professionalism | 保持这几年来 |
[01:04] | I have come to so admire | 让我无比钦佩的 |
[01:07] | these past years. | 专业精神 |
[01:09] | That’s all. Carry on. | 就这样 继续吧 |
[01:59] | It’s a remarkable stroke of good fortune | 真是好运 |
[02:01] | that you should be able to join us at such short notice. | 你能这么快就赶来 |
[02:04] | Well, I’m very grateful for the opportunity, Headmaster. | 我很感激这个机会 校长 |
[02:09] | Coldwater has a long history, | 寒水学校历史悠久 |
[02:12] | but I like to think we live in the present | 但我认为我们紧跟时代 |
[02:15] | and look to the future. | 并心怀未来 |
[02:17] | Of course, Mr. Ivory coached the First Fifteen. | 当然 艾弗里先生教基础课 |
[02:20] | Oh, and was he also responsible for the end of term school play. | 还负责指导学期末的学校戏剧演出 |
[02:24] | What play? | 什么剧目 |
[02:26] | Shakespeare, I believe. | 莎士比亚的吧 |
[02:31] | That’s just the cadets. | 只是学生练习 |
[02:33] | Coldwater has a great martial tradition. | 寒水学校有很好的军事训练传统 |
[02:37] | Now in addition to your classroom duties, | 除了你的课堂职责 |
[02:39] | you will also act as House Master to Foxhole. | 你还要做狐洞的宿舍主管 |
[02:43] | Ah, Mr. Bodnar. | 博德纳先生 |
[02:44] | This is Mr. Morse. | 这是摩斯先生 |
[02:45] | The new man with the Lower Sixth. | 小六年级的新老师 |
[02:47] | Oh, perhaps you could care to show him to his room? | 或许你可以带他去他的办公室 |
[02:49] | Yeah, of course, Headmaster. | 当然 校长 |
[02:50] | But I look forward to seeing you in chapel for Assembly. | 期待在礼拜堂的集会上见到你 |
[02:53] | Right, sir. | 好 先生 |
[02:58] | Ah, welcome to “St. Bastard’s.” | 欢迎来到”圣混蛋学校” |
[03:00] | “Ye who enter here, all hope abandon.” | “入此门者 摒弃一切希望” |
[03:00] | 但丁《神曲》中 地狱之门上刻的字 非原文 | |
[03:02] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[03:03] | Alun Bodnar. | 阿伦·博德纳 |
[03:04] | Fifth Form and Chemistry. | 五年级化学 |
[03:05] | Have you been here long? | 你来很久了吗 |
[03:07] | Oh, long enough not to mind anymore. | 久到不留意多久了 |
[03:09] | Found my point of neutral buoyancy. | 已经找到我的中和浮力点了 |
[03:11] | I lack ambition. | 我没什么野心 |
[03:12] | That killer instinct. | 和绝杀直觉 |
[03:14] | Don’t run, boy! | 别跑 孩子 |
[03:17] | Though I daresay that could be rekindled. | 但那应该可以重燃起来 |
[03:20] | It’s just this way. | 就在这边 |
[03:23] | He was married, wasn’t he? | 他结婚了 是吧 |
[03:24] | Mr. Ivory. | 艾弗里先生 |
[03:26] | Yeah, that’s right. | 对 |
[03:27] | Headmaster’s letting her stay on | 校长让她住在 |
[03:29] | at one of the gatekeeper’s cottages | 其中一栋看门人小屋 |
[03:30] | just till the end of term. | 直到学期结束 |
[03:32] | Kate. | 凯特 |
[03:35] | Nice girl. | 好姑娘 |
[03:39] | I hope you’ll let me stand you a pint at your earliest. | 希望你一有空就让我请你杯酒 |
[03:41] | Yes. | 好 |
[03:43] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:56] | You want me to pose as a teacher? | 你要我去装老师 |
[03:58] | It’s Division’s idea. | 是警部的主意 |
[04:01] | Bring in an outside man. | 调个外人去 |
[04:02] | How’s that, sir? | 怎么说 长官 |
[04:04] | Someone uninvolved, | 之前没有参与 |
[04:05] | fresh pair of eyes on the situation. | 对案件能提出新观点的人 |
[04:07] | Seems a lot of trouble to go to for one missing person. | 为了个失踪者这么大费周章吗 |
[04:10] | Who is he? | 他是什么人 |
[04:11] | John Ivory. | 约翰·艾弗里 |
[04:12] | Classics Master at a boys’ school | 一所男校的古典文学老师 |
[04:15] | called Coldwater. | 寒水学校 |
[04:17] | Last seen leaving the village pub | 最后被见到于10月4日 |
[04:19] | shortly after 6:00 on October the 4th. | 6点刚过时 离开村子酒吧 |
[04:22] | The local detective inspector and his bagman | 本地督察和其副手 |
[04:25] | lost their lives in a road traffic accident with an articulated lorry. | 因在事故中与拖车相撞丧命 |
[04:29] | We’ve found no evidence that connects them, | 虽然并无证据表明事件相关 |
[04:31] | but understandably, | 但可以想象 |
[04:33] | Division are keen to close the case one way or another. | 警部很希望尽快结案 |
[04:35] | It’s all in there. | 案件情况都在这里 |
[04:39] | Just see if you can’t get under the skin of the place. | 看看你能不能摸清这地方 |
[04:41] | If there was anything untoward, | 如果真有什么不妥 |
[04:43] | the staff might be more inclined to confide in one of their own. | 教员们或许更愿对自己人开口 |
[04:46] | Oh, there is one more thing worth mentioning. | 还有件事得提 |
[04:51] | You won’t be alone. | 你不会一个人去 |
[04:54] | I take it upstairs think that the women at the school | 上面的看法应该是学校的女职工 |
[04:56] | are more likely to confide in another woman, is that it? | 会更愿跟女人透露消息 是吧 |
[04:59] | I suppose. | 大概吧 |
[05:00] | It don’t seem much like proper coppering to me. | 我看这不像正经侦查 |
[05:04] | Tomorrow’s world. | 明日世界吧 |
[05:06] | Pity. | 可惜 |
[05:07] | I’d hoped we might get one last decent collar together. | 我本来还想咱们好好做最后一次逮捕 |
[05:12] | This Cromwell Ames character– | 这个克伦威尔·埃姆斯 |
[05:15] | Eddie Nero– both if we’re lucky. | 埃迪·尼罗 如果走运 俩人都抓到 |
[05:17] | Maybe they’ll cancel each other out. | 或许他们能彼此抵消 |
[05:19] | It’s who else they cancel out | 我担心的是 |
[05:20] | in the meantime that’s what bothers me. | 他们同时还会拉多少人下水 |
[05:22] | I’ve got Fancy on surveillance. | 我让范西去做监视了 |
[05:24] | Something will give sooner or later. | 早晚会有情况 |
[05:27] | We should be getting back. | 我们该回去了 |
[05:29] | No, another five minutes be all right. | 不 再待五分钟不要紧 |
[05:35] | God, I love this place. | 我好喜欢这里 |
[05:38] | You should’ve seen their faces– | 你真该看到他们的表情 |
[05:39] | Win and the kids– | 温和孩子们 |
[05:39] | when I brought ’em here for the first time. | 我第一次带他们来时 |
[05:42] | We’d been two-up, back to back in the Smoke. | 我们之前在斯莫克住上下两间的小房子 |
[05:44] | Couldn’t believe somewhere like this existed. | 都不敢相信世上还有这样的好地方 |
[05:47] | Not after bomb sites and soot. | 见识了爆炸废墟和烟灰 |
[05:49] | Was like stepping out of black and white | 就好像从黑白世界走出来 |
[05:51] | and into color. | 步入彩色 |
[05:53] | You still mean to go through with it? | 你没改主意吗 |
[05:56] | Station closing? | 警局要关闭了 |
[05:57] | Decision’s made for me. | 决定权不在我了 |
[06:00] | Too set in my ways to start over somewhere new. | 我的秉性改不了 没法换地方重新开始 |
[06:05] | Besides, Win’d have my guts if I let her down now. | 再说 我现在要是让温失望 她不要我命 |
[06:10] | No. | 不 |
[06:12] | Each thing in its season. | 凡事总有结束的一天 |
[06:17] | You’ll be right. | 你不会有事 |
[06:19] | This undercover caper up at the school | 在学校卧底的事 |
[06:20] | is only a week or two. | 也就一两周 |
[06:30] | I went into the village today. | 我今天去了村里 |
[06:33] | How was that? | 怎么样 |
[06:33] | The shopkeeper said one of the boys | 有位店主说 有个学生 |
[06:36] | used to come in on Ivory’s behalf most days | 以前经常来替艾弗里 |
[06:38] | for 40 Fusiliers, and a half bottle of whiskey. | 买烟和半瓶威士忌 |
[06:41] | Really? | 真的 |
[06:43] | And how was the pub? | 酒吧怎么样 |
[06:45] | The wives of respectable young schoolteachers | 受尊敬的学校老师的妻子 |
[06:47] | don’t go into pubs by themselves. | 哪会自己去酒吧 |
[06:49] | So what did the landlord say? | 那老板怎么说 |
[06:53] | Ivory did stop by on the night in question. | 艾弗里失踪那晚确实去过 |
[06:55] | He had a couple of drinks, and then left about 6:15 | 他喝了几杯 然后大概6:15离开 |
[06:58] | to meet see someone called Agnes. | 去见一位艾格妮丝 |
[07:01] | Agnes what? | 姓氏呢 |
[07:02] | Davis, maybe? The landlord couldn’t be sure. | 戴维斯吗 老板无法确定 |
[07:04] | Ivory was always bragging about some woman or other. | 艾弗里经常吹嘘女人的事 |
[07:07] | Really? | 是吗 |
[07:08] | The garage was closed. | 汽修店关了 |
[07:11] | What are the boys like? | 学生们什么样 |
[07:12] | I don’t know, I haven’t met them yet. | 我不知道 还没见到他们 |
[07:17] | What are we doing? | 我们干什么呢 |
[07:18] | This is such a waste of time. | 真是浪费时间 |
[07:20] | Just following orders. | 只是听从命令 |
[07:22] | Division clearly thinks this is important. | 警部显然认为此事重要 |
[07:24] | It’s not every day | 又不是每天都有 |
[07:25] | a detective inspector and his bagman die in a car crash. | 督察和副手死于车祸 |
[07:28] | It’s happenstance, surely. | 但肯定是意外吧 |
[07:29] | Nothing sinister. | 不会有什么阴谋 |
[07:32] | – Have you checked upstairs? – This afternoon. | -你看过楼上吗 -下午看了 |
[07:35] | There’s no sign of the previous occupants. | 并无前任屋主留下的痕迹 |
[07:37] | It’s all rather spartan. | 干干净净 |
[07:38] | The plumbing’s positively medieval. | 下水系统非常糟糕 |
[07:40] | The sink’s backing up. | 水槽堵了 |
[07:41] | We might have to get a man out. | 我们可能得叫人 |
[07:44] | It’s just the one bed, I’m afraid. | 恐怕就一张床 |
[07:47] | Well, I can take the couch. | 我可以睡沙发 |
[07:49] | Don’t be ridiculous. | 别傻了 |
[07:50] | How’s that going to look if someone comes knocking? | 要是有人来了 会怎么想 |
[08:11] | “Dearest Mother.” | “亲爱的妈妈” |
[08:13] | Give it back! | 还我 |
[08:13] | “Thank you for the ten shillings you sent me for my birthday.” | “谢谢我生日时你寄来的10先令” |
[08:16] | – You know the rule, squit. – Hand it over. | -你清楚规矩 贱民 -交出来 |
[08:18] | Oy! Stop that at once! | 马上给我停下 |
[08:21] | If I’ve to repeat myself | 如果还要我再说一次 |
[08:22] | you’ll all be on detention till the end of term. | 就让你们留堂直到期末 |
[08:23] | Is that clear? | 明白了吗 |
[08:27] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[08:28] | Natural selection, sir. | 自然选择 先生 |
[08:30] | Survival of the fittest, sir. | 适者生存 先生 |
[08:31] | Mensch und Ubermensch, sir. | 人和超人 先生 |
[08:33] | Go on, all of you. | 都给我走 |
[08:37] | Go on! | 走 |
[08:45] | What’s all this? | 这怎么回事 |
[08:46] | Praetorians’ Privilege, sir. | [古罗马]禁卫军的特权 先生 |
[08:48] | To beast the squits. | 可以践踏贱民 |
[08:49] | Well, if it happens again, you come and see me, all right? | 如果再有下次 你就来找我 |
[08:55] | Go on, on your way. | 去吧 |
[08:56] | Yes, sir. Thank you, sir. | 好 先生 谢谢 先生 |
[09:03] | Hey, wait a minute! | 等等 |
[09:34] | – Aggravine. – Adsum. | -艾格文 -到 |
[09:36] | – Babcock. – Adsum. | -巴布考克 -到 |
[09:38] | Clunchfist. | 克朗奇菲斯特 |
[09:39] | Adsum. | 到 |
[09:40] | – Dakin. – Choir. | -达肯 -在合唱 |
[09:42] | Gaudibund. | 古德邦德 |
[09:43] | Adsum. | 到 |
[09:45] | Morris Minor. | 莫里斯·迈纳 |
[09:46] | Adsum. | 到 |
[09:46] | You mean Morry Thou, sir. | 是莫里劳 先生 |
[09:49] | That’s what Mr. Ivory used called him, sir. | 艾弗里先生就这么喊他 先生 |
[09:51] | After the car, sir. | 因为同名的车 先生 |
[09:52] | It’s a joke, sir. | 是个玩笑 先生 |
[09:53] | On account of his being a Jew, sir. | 因为他是个犹太人 先生 |
[09:56] | Well, we’ll have none of that here. | 我不允许这种事 |
[09:57] | I don’t mind, sir. | 我不介意 先生 |
[09:58] | – Well, you should. – But he doesn’t, sir. | -你应该介意 -但他不介意 先生 |
[10:00] | I heard him. Thank you. | 我听到他说了 谢谢 |
[10:04] | Um… Nero. | 尼罗 |
[10:05] | Here. | 在 |
[10:06] | Adsum, you bloody oik. | 是到 你个乡巴佬 |
[10:11] | – Queach. – Adsum. | -奎奇 -到 |
[10:13] | – Rowntree. – Absum, sir. | -朗崔 -到 先生 |
[10:14] | – Abest. – He’s not here, sir. | -不在 -他不在 先生 |
[10:16] | – I see. – He was expelled, sir. | -好 -他被开除了 先生 |
[10:18] | – Cast out, sir. – Banishéd, sir. | -被赶走了 先生 -被驱逐了 先生 |
[10:21] | – Black-balled, sir. – Consigned to outer darkness, sir. | -被开了 先生 -逐入了黑暗 先生 |
[10:23] | I see, thank you. | 好 谢谢 |
[10:24] | – Summerhead. – Adsum. | -萨默海德 -到 |
[10:26] | – And Zec. – Choir. | -扎克 -在合唱 |
[10:28] | Right, Ovid’s Metamorphoses. | 好 奥维德《变形记》 |
[10:31] | Lines 225 to 230. | 225行到230行 |
[10:33] | Daedalus and Icarus. | 代达罗斯和伊卡洛斯 |
[11:19] | Right. | 好吧 |
[11:27] | Let’s get one. | 我们买一个吧 |
[11:30] | Brett Nero? | 布莱特·尼罗 |
[11:32] | Eddie has kept that quiet. | 埃迪可没张扬 |
[11:33] | That could be why Division’re taking such an interest. | 或许这正是警部如此在意的原因 |
[11:36] | If Nero’s son’s at the school? | 如果尼罗的儿子在这里上学 |
[11:38] | Mr. Bright would have mentioned it if that was the case. | 如果是这样 布莱特先生该提到 |
[11:40] | It’s just happenstance surely, his kid’s got to go somewhere. | 应该是巧合 他的孩子也得上学 |
[11:43] | Well, if her condition worsens then please give me a call. | 如果她的情况恶化 请联系我 |
[11:48] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:49] | I’m sorry I couldn’t find a telephone. | 抱歉 我没找到电话 |
[11:51] | The office telephone is for school business, | 办公室电话用于学校公务 |
[11:53] | not personal matters. | 而非私事 |
[11:56] | But I suppose if it’s urgent. | 但情况紧急的话… |
[11:59] | You’re the new man. | 你是新来的 |
[12:00] | That’s right, Morse. Miss…? | 对 摩斯 小姐是 |
[12:02] | Mackenzie. | 麦肯齐 |
[12:03] | Ravenna. | 蕾凡娜 |
[12:06] | I think you’re supposed to be on break duty? | 你应该负责监督休息吧 |
[12:09] | Ah, yes. | 对 |
[12:11] | There’s a pay phone, in the vestibule. | 门廊有付费电话 |
[12:14] | For next time. | 下次别忘了 |
[12:17] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:43] | Get down! | 趴下 |
[12:47] | Sounds like you had a close shave. | 你似乎是勉强逃过一劫 |
[12:50] | I’ve had closer. | 我经历过更惊险的 |
[12:52] | Cromwell Ames? | 克伦威尔·埃姆斯 |
[12:53] | I can’t have you pair shooting up the town like it’s the Wild West. | 我不能允许你俩拿这里当狂野西部玩枪战 |
[12:56] | Somebody’s going to get hurt. | 肯定会有无辜者受伤 |
[12:57] | I nearly got hurt. | 我差点受伤 |
[12:58] | Somebody that matters. | 要紧的人 |
[13:00] | He’s already tried for you once. | 他对你下一次手了 |
[13:01] | He won’t get a second go. | 他别想有第二次机会 |
[13:03] | If you know where he is… | 如果你知道他在哪 |
[13:04] | Past that now. | 现在说这个晚了 |
[13:07] | I told you at the start not to take the law. | 我一开始就叫你别想着私惩 |
[13:09] | There’s a reckoning due, but it’s ours to make. | 虽然要清算 但那是我们的职责 |
[13:12] | Better get your skates on, then, hadn’t you? | 那你们可得快点了 |
[13:15] | Word is, your nick’s going out of business. | 听说 你们警局要关门了 |
[13:19] | Don’t get caught on the wrong side, Eddie. | 小心别赔上自己 埃迪 |
[13:21] | You’re no good to your boy banged up or worse. | 你伤了死了 对你手下可不是好事 |
[13:24] | Coldwater must be a pricy touch. | 寒水不便宜吧 |
[13:26] | You leave Brett out of this. | 你别把布莱特扯进来 |
[13:28] | For now. | 暂时可以 |
[13:29] | Mind how you go. | 自己小心着点 |
[13:43] | Is there any news, sir? | 有消息吗 先生 |
[13:45] | News? | 消息 |
[13:46] | About Mr. Ivory, sir. | 关于艾弗里先生 先生 |
[13:48] | The police came, sir. | 警方来过 先生 |
[13:49] | Talked to all of us, sir. | 找我们所有人谈过 先生 |
[13:50] | But they couldn’t find him, sir. | 但他们找不到他 先生 |
[13:52] | And now they’re dead, sir. | 现在他们死了 先生 |
[13:55] | Who are dead? | 谁死了 |
[13:56] | The policemen, sir. | 警察 先生 |
[13:57] | Car crash, sir. | 车祸 先生 |
[13:58] | With a lorry, sir. | 跟货车相撞 先生 |
[13:59] | It was in the paper, sir. | 报上都登了 先生 |
[14:01] | Yes, so I hear. | 我听说了 |
[14:01] | That was bad luck, wasn’t it, sir? | 真不走运 是吧 先生 |
[14:03] | Burning to death in a car, sir. | 在车里烧死 先生 |
[14:05] | What a way to go, sir. | 好惨的死法 先生 |
[14:06] | The papers said it was an accident, sir. | 报上说是意外 先生 |
[14:09] | But was it an accident, sir? | 但真是意外吗 先生 |
[14:11] | Well, there’s no reason to believe otherwise. | 没理由认为不是吧 |
[14:15] | Do you think Mr. Ivory had an accident too, sir? | 你认为艾弗里先生也出意外了吗 先生 |
[14:19] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[14:20] | What do you think? | 你们怎么想 |
[14:24] | Well, you liked him, did you? | 你们不是喜欢他吗 |
[14:26] | Liked him, sir? | 喜欢他吗 先生 |
[14:28] | He was a master, sir. | 他是个老师 先生 |
[14:29] | We liked Mrs. Ivory, sir. | 我们喜欢艾弗里太太 先生 |
[14:31] | – He was married, sir. – Yes, I know. | -他结婚了 先生 -我知道 |
[14:33] | Are you married, sir? | 您结婚了吗 先生 |
[14:53] | Mrs. Ivory? I’m Mrs. Morse. | 艾弗里太太 我是摩斯太太 |
[14:56] | Shirley. | 雪莉 |
[14:56] | My husband’s taken over the Lower Sixth. | 我丈夫接手了小六年级的教学 |
[14:59] | We’re in your old house. | 我们住了你以前的房子 |
[15:00] | Rose Cottage. A letter came for you. | 玫瑰小屋 寄来封给你的信 |
[15:03] | Uh… thank you. | 谢谢 |
[15:06] | I’m sure it’s the last thing you need, | 你恐怕根本没心情 |
[15:08] | but I wondered if you might like to come to supper. | 但不知你是否愿意来吃顿晚餐 |
[15:10] | It’s my husband’s first school since we got married, | 这是我们婚后 我丈夫到的第一所学校 |
[15:13] | which makes it my first school altogether. | 所以也是我的第一所学校 |
[15:16] | I’d be grateful for any advice. | 我很想听听你的建议 |
[15:20] | When were you thinking? | 什么时候呢 |
[15:27] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[15:36] | Have you spoken to Mr. Bright yet? | 你跟布莱特先生谈过了吗 |
[15:38] | Well, he’s got a lot on his mind at the moment | 他现在事情挺多 |
[15:40] | what with the station being wound up. | 警局要关门了嘛 |
[15:42] | Well, no better time, I would have thought. | 那现在应该最合适了 |
[15:44] | I know it’s a big step, | 我知道这一步很大 |
[15:46] | but it’s for the best. | 但这样最好了 |
[15:48] | While we still have our health. | 趁我们身子骨还好 |
[15:50] | I know. | 我知道 |
[15:51] | You’re not still fretting over Morse? | 你不是还在担心摩斯吧 |
[15:53] | No. | 不是 |
[15:54] | I’ve set him on his way. | 我已经让他上道了 |
[15:58] | Got some room for rice pud? | 还有肚子吃米布丁吗 |
[16:00] | Skin on? | 带皮吗 |
[16:01] | Smashing. | 太棒了 |
[16:04] | Oh, Charlie called. | 查理来电了 |
[16:05] | I said you’d call him back. | 我说你会给他回电 |
[16:08] | I’ll get it! | 我去开 |
[16:11] | Jim… | 吉姆 |
[16:14] | Sorry to drop by late, sir, | 抱歉这么晚来 长官 |
[16:15] | but it looks like young George’s got a lead on Ames. | 但小乔治可能发现了埃姆斯的踪迹 |
[16:22] | Shirley? | 雪莉 |
[16:23] | What an enchanting name. | 好美的名字 |
[16:26] | I’m a black belt. | 我是黑带 |
[16:28] | Seventh Dan and Ex-Territorials. | 七段 参加过后备军 |
[16:31] | Feel that. | 摸摸 |
[16:33] | Go on. | 来吧 |
[16:35] | Rock hard that is. | 多结实 |
[16:37] | It’s like granite. | 就像花岗岩 |
[16:41] | Well the police came, of course– | 当然了 警察来过 |
[16:43] | not that I was able to tell them anything. | 不过我是说不出什么 |
[16:45] | I was at home with Ravenna, my daughter having supper, | 我当时跟我女儿蕾凡娜在家吃晚饭 |
[16:48] | and then we listened to a concert on radio, didn’t we? | 我们还听了电台放的音乐 是吧 |
[16:50] | That’s right. | 是啊 |
[16:51] | Mahler. The Five. | 马勒第五交响曲 |
[16:53] | Your wife tells me you were at Bamfylde? | 你妻子告诉我你在班菲尔德工作过 |
[16:56] | Yes, that’s right. | 对 没错 |
[16:57] | Is Old Wilkie still stinking the place out with sulfur? | 老威尔基还捣鼓硫磺弄得臭气熏天吗 |
[16:59] | I don’t remember him. | 我不记得他了 |
[17:01] | What about Popperynge? | 那波普林杰呢 |
[17:02] | Pop, the boys used to call him. | 学生们喊他波普 |
[17:04] | To be honest, I wasn’t there long enough | 老实说 我在那里待得不长 |
[17:05] | to get to know any of the masters. | 没能跟那些老师好好熟悉起来 |
[17:07] | Ah, Matron, are you well? | 舍监 一切都好吗 |
[17:08] | Yes, thank you, Headmaster. | 是的 谢谢 校长 |
[17:09] | Mr. Morse, I am sorry to trouble you. | 摩斯先生 抱歉打扰 |
[17:12] | Do you have a moment? | 你有空吗 |
[17:13] | Yes, of course. Would you excuse me? | 当然 我失陪了 |
[17:23] | Armed Police! Hands in the air! | 武装警察 举起手来 |
[17:27] | Cromwell Ames? | 克伦威尔·埃姆斯 |
[17:29] | Who wants to know? | 谁问 |
[17:31] | DCI Thursday, Thames Valley Police. | 瑟斯戴高级督察 泰晤士河谷警局 |
[17:33] | Cromwell Ames, you’re under arrest for suspicion of murder. | 克伦威尔·埃姆斯 你因涉嫌凶杀被捕 |
[17:36] | You do not have to say anything, | 你有权保持沉默 |
[17:37] | but anything you do say | 你所说的一切 |
[17:39] | will be taken down and can be given in evidence. | 将成为呈堂证供 |
[17:42] | It’s one of the fifth years. | 是一个五年级学生 |
[17:44] | A boy called Stanlow. | 叫斯坦洛 |
[17:46] | Perhaps you could talk to him | 你能跟他谈谈吗 |
[17:47] | while I get fresh linen on the mattress. | 我去给床垫换新床单 |
[17:49] | He wets the bed. | 他尿床了 |
[17:51] | It’s Mrs. Seymour, isn’t it? | 是西摩太太吗 |
[17:53] | We’ve not been properly introduced. | 我们还没正式介绍过 |
[17:54] | I’m Morse. | 我是摩斯 |
[17:55] | How are you and your wife finding Coldwater? | 你和你妻子还适应寒水吗 |
[17:59] | I think she’ll be happier if she had a little more to do. | 我觉得她会希望有更多事做 |
[18:03] | I don’t suppose you could use a spare pair of hands? | 不知你是否需要个帮手 |
[18:05] | I might. Part time. | 或许吧 兼职 |
[18:08] | There wouldn’t be much money, but | 肯定没什么钱拿 |
[18:10] | if you really think it might be of interest, | 但如果你真觉得她会乐意 |
[18:13] | tell her to come and see me. | 就叫她来见我 |
[18:18] | Liam Flynn. | 廉姆·弗林 |
[18:19] | Sometime collector for Eddie Nero’s extortion racket. | 曾为埃迪·尼罗收取保护费 |
[18:22] | Stabbed to death in May. | 五月被人捅死 |
[18:24] | Burt Hobbs– lorry driver. | 伯特·霍布斯 货车司机 |
[18:26] | Family man. | 有家室 |
[18:27] | Just about to celebrate his ruby wedding. | 正要庆祝红宝石婚 |
[18:29] | Had his head bashed in at Waddington Junction | 在沃丁顿道口被人砸烂了脑袋 |
[18:31] | when a mob hi-jacked his load of Kilorran whiskey. | 一群人抢走了他一车的基洛兰威士忌 |
[18:34] | Lloyd Collins. | 劳埃德·柯林斯 |
[18:35] | Fence for the whiskey. | 倒卖赃物威士忌 |
[18:37] | Stabbed to death in a lock-up in the arse end of Cowley. | 在考利郊外一个车库里被人捅死 |
[18:39] | A black cockerel was left next to him. | 旁边还放了只黑公鸡 |
[18:42] | Its head cut off. | 脑袋被砍掉了 |
[18:44] | Sounds like voodoo to me, mister. | 似乎是巫毒 先生 |
[18:48] | You don’t want to mess with that. | 你们最好别插手那个 |
[18:50] | We know what you’re about. | 我们清楚你在搞什么 |
[18:53] | You’re looking to take over Nero’s turf. | 你想夺尼罗的地盘 |
[18:55] | Never heard of him. | 没听说过 |
[18:58] | I’m just a car dealer. | 我只是个汽车经销商 |
[19:02] | I’m sorry, sir. | 抱歉 先生 |
[19:03] | I had a nightmare. | 我做了噩梦 |
[19:05] | I’m all right now. | 我现在没事了 |
[19:05] | It’s all right. | 没关系 |
[19:09] | What’s all this? | 这怎么回事 |
[19:11] | Mr. Ivory said | 艾弗里先生说 |
[19:12] | we should look to the lives of great men as an example, sir. | 我们应把伟人的人生当做榜样 先生 |
[19:16] | Did you like Mr. Ivory? | 你喜欢艾弗里先生吗 |
[19:18] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[19:19] | Very much, sir. | 很喜欢 先生 |
[19:21] | He wasn’t like the other masters. | 他不像其他老师 |
[19:23] | Oh, how’s that? | 怎么说 |
[19:24] | He was kind. | 他很和气 |
[19:26] | He used to call me Dak, sir. | 他喊我达克 先生 |
[19:28] | I think it’s short for “Daktari.” | 好像是来自”达克塔利” |
[19:31] | It’s a program on the television about a vet in Africa. | 是一部讲非洲兽医的电视剧 |
[19:33] | There’s a lion in it called Clarence. | 里面有只狮子叫克拉伦斯 |
[19:36] | That’s my name too. | 跟我同名 |
[19:38] | I’ll get the matron to bring you some warm milk, | 我会让舍监给你倒杯热牛奶 |
[19:40] | would you like that? | 好不好 |
[19:41] | Go on. Hunker down. | 去吧 去睡吧 |
[19:50] | Seems a nice boy, Stanlow. | 他是个好孩子 斯坦洛 |
[19:52] | He’s troubled though. | 他很烦恼 |
[19:54] | His parents are getting a divorce. | 他父母要离婚了 |
[19:56] | Ah, it’s difficult on any child. | 任何孩子都会很难受 |
[19:58] | To some degree they always blame themselves. | 而且他们总会多少责怪自己 |
[20:00] | The other boys bully him. | 其他学生欺负他 |
[20:02] | He’s not sporty. | 他不擅运动 |
[20:03] | Something of a teacher’s pet. | 算是老师的宠儿 |
[20:06] | Mr. Ivory protected him so far as he could, but… | 艾弗里先生尽量保护他 |
[20:08] | Why would Ivory protect Stanlow from the other boys? | 艾弗里先生为什么会帮忙保护斯坦洛 |
[20:11] | I don’t know, but he did. | 我不知道 但就是这样 |
[21:11] | Has Ames said anything? | 埃姆斯交待了吗 |
[21:13] | As little as possible, sir. | 他嘴巴很严 长官 |
[21:15] | His brief is with him now. | 他律师现在也来了 |
[21:17] | A big cheese up from London. | 伦敦来的大牌 |
[21:19] | Claiming alibi? | 有不在场证明吗 |
[21:20] | A good dozen witnesses will swear | 几十个目击者愿意发誓 |
[21:22] | he was elsewhere at the time of each of the killings, sir. | 每起凶案发生时他都在别处 长官 |
[21:24] | All bought and paid for, presumably. | 肯定都是收买的吧 |
[21:27] | Including the attempt on Nero’s life? | 包括尼罗遇刺那次 |
[21:29] | In London, sir. | 说是在伦敦 长官 |
[21:30] | At the Bunny Club. | 在兔子俱乐部 |
[21:32] | There’s… photographs to prove it. | 还有照片证据 |
[21:38] | We’ve let him go, | 我们放他走了 |
[21:39] | but I’ve told Fancy not to let him out of his sight. | 但我叫范西死死盯住他了 |
[21:43] | There might be some progress with Morse at the school, sir. | 摩斯在学校那边可能有进展 长官 |
[21:47] | The missing persons case. | 那宗失踪人口案 |
[21:49] | He’s had a shirt left in his desk. | 有人在他桌上留了件衬衫 |
[21:51] | Had a driver pick it up in the early hours. | 早上叫人开车去拿来了 |
[21:54] | Over 20 stab wounds, according to Dr. DeBryn. | 德布林医生说 上面有20多处刀伤 |
[21:58] | Murdered, then? | 那是被杀了 |
[22:00] | Certainly looks that way, sir. | 看来是的 长官 |
[22:02] | If it’s Ivory’s shirt. | 如果是艾弗里的衬衫 |
[22:08] | – O Caesar… – Hence! | -凯撒 -走开 |
[22:10] | Wilt thou lift up Olympus? | 你想只手擎起奥林匹斯山 |
[22:12] | Great Caesar… | 伟大的凯撒 |
[22:13] | Doth not Brutus bootless kneel? | 布鲁特斯下跪不也是枉然吗 |
[22:17] | Speak, hands for me! | 让我的手替我说话吧 |
[22:33] | Et tu, Brute! | 你也参加 布鲁特斯 |
[22:36] | Then fall, Caesar! | 那么倒下去吧 凯撒 |
[22:57] | It’s mostly coughs and colds. | 主要是咳嗽感冒 |
[22:59] | Mumps, measles. Chickenpox. | 腮腺炎 麻疹 水痘 |
[23:02] | But anything serious, then we get the doctor out. | 如果真有严重疾病 我们会请医生 |
[23:05] | Otherwise, it’s housekeeping. | 不然就自己解决 |
[23:08] | Are you sure you won’t be bored, Mrs. Morse? | 你确定你不会嫌无聊吗 摩斯太太 |
[23:09] | Not a bit. | 完全不会 |
[23:11] | And do call me Shirley, please. | 喊我雪莉就好 |
[23:14] | How long have you been at Coldwater? | 你来寒水多久了 |
[23:16] | Ten years now. | 十年了 |
[23:17] | And before that I was district nurse for eight years. | 在此之前 我做了八年的地区护士 |
[23:20] | I’d imagine a matron’s the eyes and ears of a school. | 舍监应该是学校的耳目吧 |
[23:23] | Can’t be much that goes on here you don’t know about. | 这里发生的一切你肯定差不多都知道 |
[23:26] | Hm, I don’t know about that. | 这可不好说 |
[23:29] | What do you think happened to Mr. Ivory? | 你觉得艾弗里先生是怎么了 |
[23:32] | You don’t suppose anyone here could have… | 会不会是这里的什么人 |
[23:35] | done something? | 对他做了什么 |
[23:43] | There was no love lost | 据说 艾弗里 |
[23:44] | between Ivory and Blackwell, apparently. | 和布莱克维尔关系不好 |
[23:46] | On the evening in question, they had words. | 失踪当晚 他们还吵过架 |
[23:49] | Ivory was meant to be looking after the film show, | 艾弗里本该负责电影放映 |
[23:51] | but he ended up ducking out and Blackwell got roped in. | 但他有事离开了 还是布莱克维尔替他 |
[23:53] | That’s hardly motive for murder, is it? | 那不算谋杀动机吧 |
[23:55] | Well, Mrs. Seymour thought | 西摩太太认为 |
[23:56] | there might be something more to it. | 此事可能不简单 |
[24:00] | Who do you think left the shirt? | 你觉得是谁留下了衬衫 |
[24:02] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[24:03] | It’s either someone trying to help. | 可能是有人想帮忙 |
[24:04] | Or it’s a threat. | 也可能是威胁 |
[24:18] | What do I remember about the night Ivory went missing? | 关于艾弗里失踪那晚我记得些什么 |
[24:22] | Funny sort of thing to ask. | 问这个挺奇怪 |
[24:23] | No not really. Dead men’s shoes. | 不算吧 接替死者[鞋] |
[24:25] | Or dead men’s class, in my case. | 对我来说 接替死者的班级 |
[24:27] | I’m living in his house. | 我住在他家里 |
[24:29] | Well, there’s not a lot I can tell you. | 我也没什么好跟你说 |
[24:31] | He was meant to run the film for the boys, | 他本该给学生放电影 |
[24:33] | but then at last minute | 但最后时刻 |
[24:34] | said he had some sort of family emergency and left me to it. | 他突然说家里有急事 就叫我来顶 |
[24:38] | What did you make of him? | 你怎么看他 |
[24:40] | He was all right. | 他还好 |
[24:42] | Now what’s this? | 这怎么回事 |
[24:45] | Oh, Stanlow won’t fire a rifle. | 斯坦洛不肯开枪 |
[24:47] | Will you, Stanlow? | 是吧 斯坦洛 |
[24:49] | Arms up, boy! | 手臂举高 |
[24:51] | Up! | 高 |
[24:53] | He’s got it into his head he’s a little pacifist. | 他觉得自己是个和平主义者 |
[24:56] | Little coward, more like. | 小懦夫差不多 |
[24:58] | So he’s under heavy manners. | 他需要严加教管 |
[25:00] | See if we can’t… correct his thinking. | 看能不能纠正他的想法 |
[25:05] | “Make Britain Greater.” | “让英国更强大” |
[25:07] | Bloody right. | 没错 |
[25:08] | We were a force to be reckoned with once. | 我们曾是不可一世的力量 |
[25:10] | Not now. | 现在不行了 |
[25:12] | Going cap in hand with a begging bowl… | 低三下四地乞讨 |
[25:15] | …taking in rubbish from half the places we used to run. | 受一半曾归我们管的地方的气 |
[25:19] | Well, look, best get on. | 好了 我得去了 |
[25:22] | Give my regards to your wife. | 代我问候你妻子 |
[25:24] | She’s a good looking girl. | 她真好看 |
[25:27] | How d’you ever manage to snare a piece like that? | 你是怎么泡上了那样的美女 |
[25:31] | Charm. | 魅力吧 |
[25:44] | How are you finding the boys? | 你觉得学生们怎么样 |
[25:45] | Oh, I think we’re still | 我们还在 |
[25:48] | getting the measure of each other. | 彼此掂量 |
[25:50] | They seem to have held your husband in some regard. | 他们似乎很敬重你丈夫 |
[25:53] | John was very fond of them. | 约翰很喜欢他们 |
[25:56] | I don’t suppose there’s any news | 警方没有进一步 |
[25:57] | from the police as to what might have happened? | 关于他的消息吗 |
[25:59] | – Morse. – No. | -摩斯 -不 |
[26:00] | No, it’s all right. I don’t mind talking about it. | 没事 我不介意谈 |
[26:03] | In a way, it reminds me that it’s real. | 这提醒了我这是现实 |
[26:07] | Sorry… | 抱歉 |
[26:10] | Presumably, the police spoke to everybody at Coldwater, | 警方当时应该找了寒水的 |
[26:13] | at the time? | 每个人谈吧 |
[26:14] | Oh, yes. | 是的 |
[26:15] | The usual questions, I’d imagine. | 应该都是常规问题 |
[26:17] | “Any money troubles? Did he have any enemies?” | “有财务问题吗 他有敌人吗” |
[26:19] | After a week or so, it just went very quiet. | 一周左右后 就没什么动静了 |
[26:25] | Sorry, I’m a bit early. | 抱歉 我来早了 |
[26:26] | – Hello. – Hello. | -你好 -你好 |
[26:28] | Hello, Kate. | 你好 凯特 |
[26:30] | How are you? | 你好吗 |
[26:31] | Morse and Shirley have been spoiling me. | 摩斯和雪莉款待我来着 |
[26:33] | Quite right too. | 应该的 |
[26:35] | Early for what? | 什么早了 |
[26:36] | I’m here to lead your husband astray. | 我要来带坏你丈夫 |
[26:38] | A pint or two at the local. | 去本地酒吧喝点 |
[26:40] | Well, don’t let us stop you. | 那别为我们耽搁了 |
[26:42] | Well, it was lovely to have met you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[26:43] | Hopefully we’ll see you again. | 希望能再见 |
[26:45] | I’m glad the Lower Sixth got someone nice to look after them. | 我很高兴小六年级的学生有好人照顾了 |
[26:52] | He seems nice. | 他看上去不错 |
[26:54] | Alun? | 阿伦吗 |
[26:55] | Yes, he’s been very kind. | 是啊 他很好心 |
[27:07] | Thursday, C.I.D. | 瑟斯戴 刑事调查部 |
[27:09] | Oh, hello, Charlie. I was going to ring you. | 你好 查理 我还打算打给你呢 |
[27:13] | Everything all right? | 一切都好吗 |
[27:17] | Yeah, course. | 当然 |
[27:19] | Tonight? | 今晚吗 |
[27:22] | Well, I suppose I can. | 可以吧 |
[27:27] | Around 9:00 do you? | 大概9点行吗 |
[27:31] | All right. | 好 |
[27:33] | Until then. | 到时见 |
[27:43] | I mean what do you think happened to Ivory? | 你觉得艾弗里是怎么了 |
[27:46] | Oh, Christ. Not him again. | 天啊 别又提他 |
[27:48] | You’re like a scratched record, man. | 你就像坏掉的唱片 |
[27:49] | You said you didn’t click. | 你说你们关系不好 |
[27:52] | How come? | 为什么 |
[27:54] | He spoke to the boys’ baser instincts. | 他激发学生们的原始本能 |
[27:57] | Their lesser angels. | 不那么好的本性 |
[28:01] | And he was a bully. | 而且他是个恶霸 |
[28:03] | He inspired the same in others. | 他也激发了他人的这一面 |
[28:05] | That’s quite a charge. | 这可挺严重 |
[28:08] | I taught most of the boys in your form. | 我教过你班上大部分学生 |
[28:10] | They were all right till Ivory got hold of them. | 遇到艾弗里前 他们本来还好 |
[28:16] | Have you ever been bullied? | 你经历过霸凌吗 |
[28:23] | Aye-aye, Charlie. | 好啊 查理 |
[28:26] | Oh, thanks for coming, Fred. | 谢谢你来 弗莱德 |
[28:28] | What’s all this? | 这怎么回事 |
[28:31] | Well… I don’t know where to start. | 我不知道该从何说起 |
[28:35] | Well, the beginning’s usually favorite. | 一般最好从头说起 |
[28:39] | Just tell me. What’s up? | 告诉我吧 到底怎么了 |
[28:41] | I got took, Fred. | 我被骗了 弗莱德 |
[28:43] | What do you mean, you “got took?” | 什么意思 “被骗了” |
[28:45] | I had to borrow some money. | 我迫不得已借了笔钱 |
[28:48] | I thought they were on the level to begin with. | 我起初以为他们没问题 |
[28:51] | I just got more and more behind. | 但我欠得越来越多 |
[28:54] | They said I could work it off through the business. | 他们说我可以靠生意还上 |
[28:57] | What d’you mean? | 什么意思 |
[28:59] | Using the company’s good standing. | 利用公司的好名声 |
[29:02] | Credit. | 借贷 |
[29:03] | Goods. | 货物 |
[29:04] | Loans from the bank… | 跟银行贷款 |
[29:06] | You’ve been the front for a long firm fraud? | 你替诈骗商行做了幌子吗 |
[29:11] | Oh, Jesus Christ. | 老天爷啊 |
[29:13] | What about my money? | 那我的钱呢 |
[29:16] | Oh no. | 不 |
[29:17] | No, no, no. | 不不 |
[29:19] | A loan, you said. | 你说是借款 |
[29:20] | A short-term loan, Charlie. | 短期借款 查理 |
[29:22] | I thought I could buy ’em off. | 我以为我能收买他们 |
[29:26] | It’s gone, Fred. | 都没了 弗莱德 |
[29:27] | I’m going away. We’re going away. | 我要走了 我们都要走 |
[29:29] | Before you get lifted? | 逃避被抓吗 |
[29:31] | What did they do with my money, Charlie? | 他们拿我的钱做了什么 查理 |
[29:34] | The check. | 支票 |
[29:35] | Can it be traced back to me? | 能追查到我吗 |
[29:37] | I… | 我 |
[29:39] | You’ve done me, Charlie! | 你害死我了 查理 |
[29:42] | My whole life. | 我这辈子 |
[29:43] | Everything I’ve worked for. | 努力存的每一分钱 |
[29:44] | You’ve dragged me into the sewer. | 你把我拖下了脏水 |
[29:46] | I didn’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[29:48] | Don’t lie to me! | 别骗我 |
[29:50] | Look. | 听着 |
[29:52] | I’m sorry, Fred. | 对不起 弗莱德 |
[29:53] | I had to do it for Paulette, for Carol. | 我是为了宝莱特 凯洛尔 |
[29:55] | What about me and Win? | 那我和温呢 |
[29:57] | It was our retirement! | 那是我们的退休金 |
[29:59] | Our life savings! | 我们的毕生积蓄 |
[30:01] | Now I got to live out what I got left | 现在我只能靠剩下的钱度日 |
[30:03] | looking over my shoulder waiting for the knock? | 还得提心吊胆被人找上门 |
[30:11] | Fred? | 弗莱德 |
[30:14] | Fred! | 弗莱德 |
[30:23] | Well, the parting of the ways. | 好了 分道扬镳了 |
[30:26] | Here, you better take this. | 这个给你吧 |
[30:28] | – Don’t you need it? – No. | -你不需要吗 -不 |
[30:29] | I find my way back blindfolded after all this time. | 这么久了 我蒙着眼也走得回去 |
[30:34] | Go straight through the woods. | 直走穿过林子 |
[30:36] | Follow the path through a kissing gate to the cottage. | 走小路过窄门到小屋 |
[30:39] | Safe home. | 安全到家 |
[30:41] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[30:42] | You too. | 你也是 |
[30:45] | He got in their heads, Morse. | 他影响了他们的心智 摩斯 |
[30:47] | Ivory. | 艾弗里 |
[30:50] | You see, cruelty’s like cancer. | 残忍就像癌症 |
[30:53] | Starts with one cell. | 从一个细胞开始 |
[30:55] | And if it’s left untreated, | 但如果不治疗 |
[30:58] | it spreads, | 就会扩散 |
[31:00] | till the whole body’s riddled with it. | 直到整个身体都被它侵染 |
[31:04] | You’ve got to cut it out. | 只能摘除它 |
[31:05] | You gotta… burn it out. | 把它烧掉 |
[31:09] | Kill it at the source. | 从源头根除 |
[31:25] | Late, Fred. | 这么晚 弗莱德 |
[31:29] | Work? | 工作吗 |
[31:33] | No, I had to see Charlie. | 不 我去见查理了 |
[31:36] | In London? | 去伦敦了吗 |
[31:39] | Yeah. | 对 |
[31:42] | All right, is he? | 他还好吗 |
[31:46] | Fred? | 弗莱德 |
[32:10] | How much? | 多少钱 |
[32:14] | Fred? | 弗莱德 |
[32:16] | I just have to work a bit longer than we thought is all. | 我只是需要推迟一阵退休 |
[32:21] | You lent Charlie money. | 你借了钱给查理 |
[32:24] | Without telling me? | 都不告诉我 |
[32:26] | It was all meant to be paid back by Christmas. | 本来说好了圣诞节前还回来 |
[32:30] | Well, it won’t be, will it? | 这下还不回来了吧 |
[33:30] | Please send in Mr. Morse. | 叫摩斯先生来 |
[33:31] | Yes, Headmaster. | 是 校长 |
[33:41] | Sir. | 先生 |
[33:46] | DCI Thursday. | 瑟斯戴高级督察 |
[33:47] | DS Strange. | 斯特兰奇警长 |
[33:49] | Thames Valley, C.I.D. | 泰晤士河谷警局 刑事调查部 |
[33:51] | I understand from Mr. Mackenzie | 麦肯齐先生说 |
[33:53] | it was you who found the body. | 是你发现了尸体 |
[33:54] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[33:56] | What were you doing wandering round a graveyard | 你大晚上为什么会 |
[33:57] | in the dead of night, Mr. Morse? | 跑去墓地 摩斯先生 |
[33:59] | It’s a shortcut from the pub to Mr. Ivory’s old cottage. | 从酒吧到艾弗里先生旧小屋的捷径经过那里 |
[34:05] | Right. | 好吧 |
[34:06] | Well, I’ll need you to come with me and explain | 那我需要你跟我走 解释一下 |
[34:10] | how it was you came to stumble across such a thing. | 你怎么会偶然发现了这样的事 |
[34:14] | You can spare him for a couple of hours. | 你可以让他离开几小时吧 |
[34:16] | Well, I’ll have to get somebody to cover the Lower Sixth, but, um, | 我得找人带下小六年级的课 但 |
[34:20] | yes, of course. | 当然可以 |
[34:22] | All right, Mr. Morse. | 好 摩斯先生 |
[34:46] | All right there, matey. | 好了 伙计 |
[34:48] | Should’ve known if anyone was going to find him, | 就该知道如果有人能找到他 |
[34:50] | it would be you. | 肯定是你了 |
[34:51] | Except I haven’t. | 但我没有 |
[34:52] | It’s not Ivory. | 那不是艾弗里 |
[34:54] | I couldn’t say when I called it in, | 我打电话时不能说 |
[34:55] | because I was on a public line. | 因为那是公用线路 |
[34:56] | But it’s a boy called Rowntree. | 但那是个叫朗崔的男孩 |
[34:58] | He was expelled shortly before Ivory went missing. | 他在艾弗里失踪前不久被开除 |
[35:01] | There’s a letter to his parents from the headmaster | 他外套口袋里有一封校长 |
[35:03] | in his blazer pocket. | 写给他家长的信 |
[35:09] | Gentlemen. | 先生们 |
[35:11] | Doctor. | 医生 |
[35:14] | What have we got? | 什么情况 |
[35:17] | Male. | 男性 |
[35:18] | Thirteen to 18 years of age. | 13到18岁 |
[35:22] | Decomposition suggests a time of decease approximately | 腐烂程度表明死亡时间大概在 |
[35:25] | four to six weeks ago. | 四到六周前 |
[35:28] | Cause, Doc? | 死因呢 医生 |
[35:29] | No obvious signs of foul play. | 并无明显他杀迹象 |
[35:32] | But I think we might assume | 但我们可以假定 |
[35:33] | he didn’t put himself in the coffin. | 他不是自己爬进了棺材里 |
[35:36] | Ivory’s clearly been here. | 艾弗里显然来过 |
[35:38] | And more than once by the look of things. | 而且看来不止一次 |
[35:40] | He had a pupil fetched him Forty Fusiliers | 他经常叫个学生替他 |
[35:41] | and a bottle of Scotch from the village most days. | 去村里买烟和威士忌 |
[35:44] | Meeting someone up here, you think? | 在这里跟人见面吗 |
[35:47] | Who? Local tart or somebody? | 谁 本地妓女吗 |
[35:49] | Rowntree maybe? | 朗崔吗 |
[35:50] | Looks like he’s setting up a rendezvous. | 似乎是在约定约会 |
[35:52] | “6:30 U.P.”– usual place? | “6:30UP” 老地方吗 |
[35:54] | Perhaps from Ivory? | 或许是艾弗里写的 |
[35:55] | All of the teachers mark the homework in red ink here. | 老师都用红水笔改作业 |
[35:58] | What put you on to it? | 你怎么发现的 |
[35:59] | The door was open. | 门开着 |
[36:01] | But it was also something Trewlove had said. | 但还因为楚拉夫的一句话 |
[36:03] | The night that Ivory disappeared, | 艾弗里失踪那晚 |
[36:04] | he said to the landlord at the pub | 他对酒吧老板说 |
[36:05] | he was meeting an Agnes Davis. | 他要去见艾格妮丝·戴维斯 |
[36:07] | Agnes? | 艾格妮丝 |
[36:08] | Older bird, maybe? | 这名字挺老啊 |
[36:09] | No, it wasn’t Agnes Davis. | 不 其实不是艾格妮丝·戴维斯 |
[36:11] | The landlord miss heard him, it was Agnus Dei. | 是老板听错了 是上帝的羔羊 |
[36:15] | “The Lamb of God.” | “上帝的羔羊” |
[36:17] | Ivory was partial to a Latin joke. | 艾弗里喜欢拉丁语玩笑 |
[36:19] | So now we’ve got a dead boy, and Ivory’s still missing. | 现在有个男孩的死尸 而艾弗里仍下落不明 |
[36:24] | Poor show from the locals | 本地警方怎么回事 |
[36:25] | that they didn’t turn up Rowntree. | 居然没发现朗崔 |
[36:27] | Maybe they did. | 或许发现了 |
[36:28] | No mention of it in the case file. | 案卷里可没提 |
[36:30] | Well, perhaps there would have been had they lived. | 或许是死前没来得及 |
[36:33] | What are you saying? | 你什么意思 |
[36:34] | It wasn’t an accident? | 不是意外吗 |
[36:35] | Well, when was the last time you heard of two police officers | 你什么时候听过两名警察 |
[36:37] | dying in the middle of an inquiry? | 在调查期间突然暴毙 |
[36:48] | Is it true? | 是真的吗 |
[36:51] | We were together all evening. | 我们整晚都在一起 |
[36:58] | What’s this I hear about Cowley? | 考利的事怎么回事 |
[37:00] | Do you know where you’ll be? | 你知道你要去哪吗 |
[37:01] | No. We’re expecting letters. | 不 我们还在等信 |
[37:03] | In Oxford, though, still? | 但还会在牛津吧 |
[37:06] | Place wouldn’t be the same. | 这里要不一样了 |
[37:08] | Any more on Ivory’s shirt? | 艾弗里的衬衫还有什么发现 |
[37:09] | Twenty-three separate stab wounds. | 23处刀伤 |
[37:12] | Any one of a dozen could have been fatal | 有十几处都可能致命 |
[37:14] | depending on the depth of penetration of the blade. | 这要看刀刺入的深浅了 |
[37:17] | But it was his blood group? | 但的确是他的血型吗 |
[37:18] | Oh, yes. | 是的 |
[37:19] | And made to his measurements by a bespoke shirt maker | 而且衬衫是按他的尺寸在伦敦杰明街 |
[37:22] | on Jermyn Street. | 定制的 |
[37:25] | You’ve no idea who left it in your desk? | 你不知道是谁留在了你桌上吗 |
[37:26] | No. Nor why. | 不知道 也不清楚动机 |
[37:28] | Well, I’m sure you’ll get to the bottom of it. | 你肯定能查明白 |
[37:32] | Furthers and betters on the boy once I’ve had a rummage. | 男孩的情况我尸检后会更清楚 |
[37:38] | How long’s all this going on for, then? | 还要多久啊 |
[37:40] | You– out here with Shirley. | 你 跟雪莉在这里卧底 |
[37:43] | Until we find Ivory, why? | 直到我们找到艾弗里 怎么了 |
[37:46] | Just remember what’s what, that’s all. | 就别忘乎所以了 |
[37:49] | “What’s what,” what does that mean? | “忘乎所以” 什么意思 |
[37:52] | You know what it means. | 你清楚 |
[37:54] | Oh, grow up. | 成熟点吧 |
[37:56] | You know, if you put as much effort | 你要是对警务工作 |
[37:57] | into your police work as you do into your love life, | 也像对男欢女爱这么用心 |
[37:59] | you might actually get somewhere. | 你或许会真有点成就 |
[38:05] | Rowntree? | 朗崔 |
[38:07] | But that’s impossible. | 但不可能啊 |
[38:08] | We found a letter to his parents | 我们在他外套里发现了一封 |
[38:10] | signed by you in his blazer. | 你签字给他父母的信 |
[38:12] | Why was he expelled? | 他为何被开除 |
[38:14] | He was a troublemaker. | 他惹麻烦 |
[38:19] | Well, he wasn’t a bad kid. | 他不是坏孩子 |
[38:21] | Bit lippy. | 爱顶嘴 |
[38:23] | But sooner that than | 但那总比 |
[38:24] | some “Yes, sir,” “No, sir” little automated | 满口”是 先生” “不 先生” |
[38:28] | “I’ll happily watch you die in a fire, sir.” | “我希望你被火烧死 先生”好 |
[38:31] | But what happened? | 发生了什么 |
[38:33] | Well, he was Stanlow Mark I. | 他是斯坦洛的前身 |
[38:35] | Thick as thieves with Ivory for a bit. | 跟艾弗里有一阵关系特别好 |
[38:38] | Ivory shielded him from the worst of Blackwell’s attention, | 艾弗里保护了他 不被布莱克维尔挑刺 |
[38:42] | and then, I don’t know, | 然后 我不知道 |
[38:44] | about a week or so before Ivory lit out, | 艾弗里失踪前一周左右 |
[38:46] | they had some sort of an argument | 他们吵了一架 |
[38:48] | and, um… well, Rowntree hit him. | 朗崔打了他 |
[38:53] | Hit Ivory? | 打了艾弗里 |
[38:54] | That’s what he said. | 他是这么说 |
[38:56] | I mean, that’s immediate expulsion. | 于是就立刻被开除了 |
[39:00] | Headmaster sent Rowntree home with a letter for his parents, | 校长给他父母写了封信 就让朗崔回家了 |
[39:03] | and Ivory drove him to the station, | 艾弗里开车送他去了车站 |
[39:07] | and that was that. | 就是这样 |
[39:08] | That was the last we saw of him. | 我们再没见过他 |
[39:15] | As you were, Nero. | 不用站 尼罗 |
[39:19] | What’s this? | 怎么回事 |
[39:19] | – Suetonius? – Yes, sir. | -苏维托尼乌斯 -对 先生 |
[39:21] | That’s not on the curriculum, is it? | 不是教程内容吧 |
[39:23] | No, sir. | 不是 先生 |
[39:24] | Pinched it from the infirmary for pleasure, sir. | 从医务室拿来 当消遣读读 先生 |
[39:27] | Is it Mr. Ivory, sir? | 是艾弗里先生吗 先生 |
[39:30] | Out in the cemetery. | 公墓的那个 |
[39:31] | No. | 不是 |
[39:32] | It would appear to be this boy Rowntree. | 似乎是那个学生 朗崔 |
[39:35] | Rowntree? | 朗崔 |
[39:38] | How…? | 怎么会 |
[39:39] | What happened? | 发生了什么 |
[39:40] | Well, I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[39:45] | If there’s anything you’d like to tell me? | 你有什么想告诉我的吗 |
[39:48] | I’m not a grass, sir. | 我不会告密 先生 |
[39:53] | Can I go, sir? | 我能走了吗 先生 |
[39:56] | Yes, you can go. | 走吧 |
[40:25] | It’s all right. | 没事 |
[40:26] | Don’t panic. I’m not about to | 别慌 我不会… |
[40:28] | “blow your cover” or whatever the jargon is. | “害你暴露”什么的 |
[40:31] | Door-to-door. | 逐户盘查 |
[40:32] | Well, that’s fine. | 好吧 |
[40:33] | Except we weren’t living here when Ivory | 但艾弗里和这男孩失踪时 |
[40:35] | or this boy were last seen. | 我们还没搬来 |
[40:37] | I didn’t know that, did I? | 我又不该知道 |
[40:40] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[40:42] | I miss you. | 我想你了 |
[40:44] | It’s only been four days. | 才四天而已 |
[40:47] | Yeah all right. | 好吧 |
[40:48] | Feels longer. | 感觉好漫长 |
[40:51] | Do you miss me? | 你想我了吗 |
[40:55] | Look, you’d best push off. | 你还是快走吧 |
[40:59] | All right. | 好吧 |
[41:01] | All right. | 好 |
[41:07] | I love you, Shirl. | 我爱你 雪莉 |
[41:23] | Rowntree was a sensitive boy. | 朗崔是个敏感的男孩 |
[41:26] | A weakling, I suppose you’d call it. | 你大概会说他是软蛋 |
[41:29] | That’s certainly what Mr. Blackwell called him. He… | 至少布莱克维尔先生这么说他 他… |
[41:33] | He what, Mrs. Seymour? | 他怎么了 西摩太太 |
[41:37] | He made him run around the field in full cadet kit | 他逼他穿上全套装备在操场跑圈 |
[41:40] | until he collapsed from exhaustion. | 直到他累到瘫倒 |
[41:47] | I wouldn’t trust a word out of matron’s mouth. | 别相信那舍监乱说 |
[41:50] | She doesn’t like me. | 她不喜欢我 |
[41:52] | Never has. | 从来不喜欢 |
[41:53] | It’s not her word though, is it? | 但并非她一人之言 |
[41:54] | It’s here in the infirmary book, in black and white. | 医务室的记录白纸黑字写着呢 |
[41:56] | You laid into Rowntree so hard, | 你对朗崔如此严厉 |
[41:58] | he was passing blood for three days. | 他便血了三天 |
[42:01] | What do you think you were doing? | 你以为你在做什么 |
[42:02] | Making men. | 打造男人 |
[42:04] | Real men. | 真男人 |
[42:05] | Not lily-livered sissies. | 不是小娘炮 |
[42:08] | Waterloo was won on the playing fields | 滑铁卢就是靠寒水这种学校 |
[42:09] | of places like Coldwater. | 严格的训练而取胜 |
[42:11] | That’s the problem with this country today. | 那就是这个国家如今的问题 |
[42:14] | It’s too soft by half. | 太软弱了 |
[42:16] | Flogging? | 鞭打 |
[42:17] | Corporal punishment! | 体罚 |
[42:20] | It never did me any harm. | 对我就没什么坏处 |
[42:26] | Bastards. | 混蛋 |
[42:27] | Talking to a man like that. | 这么跟人说话 |
[42:28] | How dare they? | 他们好大胆 |
[42:30] | Did that not go well, then? | 不顺利吗 |
[42:31] | One day someone is gonna shut that smart mouth of yours. | 总有一天会有人闭上你那张能说会道的嘴巴 |
[42:38] | What the hell are you looking at boy? | 你看什么呢 |
[42:40] | I’ve got a sick note, sir, from matron. | 我有舍监签的病假条 先生 |
[42:42] | I’m excused Games. | 我不用参加活动了 |
[42:49] | You are excused nothing, | 你别想逃 |
[42:51] | you little weakling! | 你个软蛋 |
[42:52] | Steady. | 别激动 |
[42:54] | On your way, Stanlow. | 去吧 斯坦洛 |
[43:06] | It doesn’t look good for Ivory. | 情况对艾弗里不利 |
[43:08] | Last man to see the boy alive. | 最后见到那男孩活着的人 |
[43:09] | So far as we know. | 是据我们所知 |
[43:11] | Or maybe somebody here did for them both? | 或许是这里什么人杀了他们俩 |
[43:14] | Possibly. | 可能吧 |
[43:15] | But, the why of it– | 但为什么 |
[43:16] | that’s where I’m coming up short. | 这我想不通 |
[43:18] | Well, whatever’s behind it, watch your step. | 不管是怎样 你多小心 |
[43:20] | We’ve already got two dead coppers. | 已经死俩警察了 |
[43:22] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[43:24] | All right, thank you, Mr. Morse. | 好 谢谢 摩斯先生 |
[43:25] | You’ve been very helpful. | 你帮了大忙 |
[43:26] | We may need to speak to you again. | 我们可能还得再找你 |
[43:28] | Headmaster. | 校长 |
[43:53] | 9 Nine. | |
[43:57] | 10 Ten. | |
[44:02] | 11 Eleven. | |
[44:06] | 12 Twelve. | |
[44:08] | Leave him alone! | 放了他 |
[44:17] | What did you say? | 你说什么 |
[44:21] | He’s had enough… sir. | 他打够了 先生 |
[44:25] | Please… | 求你 |
[44:27] | just… leave him alone. | 放过他吧 |
[44:35] | Why don’t you make me? | 你倒是逼我啊 |
[44:42] | Tough nut? | 挺厉害啊 |
[44:47] | We all know whose son you are. | 我们都清楚你老子是谁 |
[44:50] | So why don’t you show us all… | 你倒让我们见识一下 |
[44:54] | …what you’re made of? | 你有什么本事 |
[45:04] | No, no, no… | 不 |
[45:15] | Sir! | 先生 |
[45:16] | You’d better come quick. | 你快来 |
[45:17] | What is it, boy? | 怎么了 孩子 |
[45:18] | It’s Mr. Blackwell, sir. | 是布莱克维尔先生 先生 |
[45:21] | Come on! | 来啊 |
[45:22] | What are you going to do? | 你还想怎么样 |
[45:23] | Come on! | 来啊 |
[45:24] | What is the meaning of this? | 这怎么回事 |
[45:31] | Uh… Nero was trying to interfere with me | 尼罗干扰我 |
[45:33] | in the execution of my duty. | 履行职责 |
[45:35] | Matron, perhaps you and Mr. Morse | 舍监 你和摩斯先生 |
[45:37] | could see to Stanlow and Nero. | 照顾一下斯坦洛和尼罗吧 |
[45:38] | I’m all right, sir. | 我没事 先生 |
[45:40] | Then Mr. Bodnar will take you back to the dormitory | 那博德纳先生会带你和其他学生 |
[45:42] | with the rest of the boys. | 回宿舍 |
[45:44] | Mr. Blackwell, I’ll see you in my study. | 布莱克维尔先生 去我办公室见我 |
[45:46] | It’s all right, I’ve got him. | 没事 我扶着他 |
[45:56] | You’re very good, aren’t you? | 你可真行 是吧 |
[45:59] | Sorry? | 什么 |
[46:00] | See, I spoke to old Wilkie. | 我问过老威尔基了 |
[46:04] | He doesn’t remember a master | 他不记得班菲尔德 |
[46:05] | called Morse at Bamfylde. | 有过叫摩斯的老师 |
[46:09] | So what’s your story, hmm? | 你怎么回事 |
[46:13] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[46:15] | You can tell me or the head teacher can. | 你自己说 还是我去问校长 |
[46:18] | I’m with the Education Board, | 我是教育委员会的 |
[46:20] | you should keep that to yourself | 你要是不想丢了工作 |
[46:21] | if you value your position. | 最好别声张 |
[46:23] | There’ve been some concerns about Coldwater. | 有人对寒水的情况提出了担忧 |
[46:27] | It’s called character building. | 这叫塑造性格 |
[46:29] | Toughen them up. | 让他们坚强起来 |
[46:31] | Make them ready for the world. | 为世界做好准备 |
[46:33] | The boys know that. | 学生们都知道 |
[46:34] | It’s Ivory messed with their heads. | 是艾弗里在扰乱他们的想法 |
[46:37] | If you want to know what happened to Rowntree, | 如果你想知道朗崔遭遇了什么 |
[46:40] | you find Ivory. | 就找到艾弗里吧 |
[47:23] | They say that when you die, | 据说你死时 |
[47:24] | your whole life flashes before your eyes. | 你的一生会在眼前走马灯 |
[47:26] | Do you think that’s true? | 你说那是真的吗 |
[47:27] | It’s a pretty grim topic | 好阴暗的话题 |
[47:30] | for somebody painting their toenails. | 还一边涂指甲油一边说 |
[47:31] | What are girls supposed to talk about, Morse? | 那姑娘家该说点什么呢 摩斯 |
[47:34] | Ponies? | 小马 |
[47:36] | Kittens? | 小猫 |
[47:38] | Boys? | 男孩吗 |
[47:40] | I saw your boy this afternoon. | 我今天下午看到你的男孩了 |
[47:43] | Oh, Lord. | 天啊 |
[47:47] | I told him not to get too serious. | 我叫他别太认真了 |
[47:50] | I thought you liked him. | 我以为你喜欢他 |
[47:53] | With the station closing down, | 因为警局要关闭 |
[47:55] | I’ve put in for a transfer, to the Yard. | 我申请了调离 去伦敦警察厅 |
[48:01] | Have you told him? | 你告诉他了吗 |
[48:03] | I mean, it won’t change anything, | 这不会改变什么 |
[48:05] | we’ll still be able to see each other. | 我们还是能相见 |
[48:08] | But we’re young. | 但我们还年轻 |
[48:10] | We have to put career first now, haven’t we? | 我们现在该把事业置于第一 不是吗 |
[48:13] | Well, a career won’t hold you at 3:00 in the morning | 事业不会在凌晨3点 狼群围绕时 |
[48:18] | when the wolves come circling. | 抱住你 |
[48:22] | Do they come circling, Morse? | 会有狼群来吗 摩斯 |
[48:31] | I think I should make my bath. | 我该去洗澡了 |
[48:44] | If I found someone… | 如果我找到了什么人 |
[48:48] | …then all of this wouldn’t matter at all. | 那这一切都不重要了 |
[49:12] | I’m just, clocking off, sir. | 我正要下班 长官 |
[49:15] | Ames is holed up at an all night drinker. | 埃姆斯在一家通宵酒铺里待着 |
[49:17] | Nights have got it covered. | 夜班的人在守着了 |
[49:18] | I’ll be back on the first thing. | 我明天一早就去 |
[49:21] | Right. | 好 |
[49:23] | Uh, wait a minute. | 等一下 |
[49:27] | This… undercover case. | 这件卧底案 |
[49:32] | You’ve nothing to worry about. | 你不需要担心什么 |
[49:34] | I’m not daft. | 我不傻 |
[49:36] | I’ve got eyes. | 我有眼睛 |
[49:37] | Morse is as decent as they come. | 摩斯是最正派的人 |
[49:39] | And Trewlove’s got her head screwed on. | 楚拉夫也是个聪明人 |
[49:42] | All this with Ames and Nero, | 埃姆斯和尼罗的事 |
[49:43] | I need your mind on the job, right? | 你的心思可要放在工作上 |
[49:46] | Not fretting over nothing. | 别瞎担心 |
[49:48] | You can count on me, sir, I won’t let you down. | 相信我 长官 我不会让您失望 |
[49:50] | – I know. – Good night, sir. | -我知道 -晚安 长官 |
[49:52] | Night. | 晚安 |
[50:06] | Right. | 好 |
[50:07] | Lights out, you squits. | 熄灯了 贱民们 |
[50:09] | 《移民之国》 约翰·肯尼迪 | |
[51:37] | Win? | 温 |
[51:39] | I’m going to Rene’s. | 我要去瑞妮家 |
[51:42] | But you’re coming back, Win? | 但你还回来吧 温 |
[51:44] | 27 years I’ve stood by you. | 我跟你27年了 |
[51:47] | For better or worse, and you do this? | 不论富贵还是贫穷 你却做这种事 |
[51:51] | It was our future. | 那是我们的未来 |
[51:53] | It was family. | 他是家人 |
[51:54] | And what am I? | 那我算什么 |
[51:57] | You didn’t even tell me. | 你都没告诉我 |
[51:58] | I was trying to protect you. | 我是想保护你 |
[52:00] | Protect yourself, more like. | 保护你自己吧 |
[52:02] | I may not say much, but I am not stupid. | 我虽然不怎么说话 但我不傻 |
[52:05] | And you’re not the only one around here who’s got secrets. | 你也不是唯一有秘密的人 |
[52:08] | Your own daughter! | 你的女儿 |
[52:09] | What about her? What about Joanie? | 她怎么了 琼怎么了 |
[52:12] | The taxi. | 出租车来了 |
[52:13] | I’ll run you. | 我送你去 |
[52:15] | Win… | 温 |
[52:16] | No. | 不 |
[52:46] | The boys have got double chemistry with Bodnar. | 学生们有两节博德纳的化学课 |
[52:49] | So I’m gonna head into town for a couple of hours. | 我要进城去几小时 |
[52:50] | See if there’s any more on this Rowntree post mortem. | 看朗崔的尸检有什么发现 |
[52:53] | Will you be all right? | 你可以吧 |
[52:54] | I can take care of myself. | 我能照顾好自己 |
[52:56] | Yes, I’m sure. But | 当然了 |
[52:58] | odds are we’ve still got a killer on the grounds somewhere. | 但十有八九 学校里还有个杀人犯呢 |
[53:01] | All right. | 那好 |
[53:13] | It’s Mrs. Morse, isn’t it? | 摩斯太太 是吧 |
[53:16] | Shouldn’t you be in form? | 你们不该在学校吗 |
[53:18] | It’s a free period. | 现在是空课 |
[53:19] | Double. | 两节呢 |
[53:20] | Bunking off to the cemetery for a smoke, is that it? | 跑到公墓来抽烟吗 |
[53:23] | Join us if you like. | 如果你想可以加入我们 |
[53:25] | I don’t think my husband would approve. | 我丈夫应该不会赞同 |
[53:26] | He’s not here, though– is he? | 他又不在 是吧 |
[53:30] | I thought it was off-limits to boys. | 学生[男孩]不是不许来这里吗 |
[53:32] | We’re not boys, Mrs. Morse. | 我们不是男孩了 摩斯太太 |
[53:35] | We’re Praetorians. | 我们是禁卫军 |
[53:37] | And a graveyard pass is Praetorians’ privilege. | 进入墓地是禁卫军的特权 |
[53:39] | Oh, I see. | 这样啊 |
[53:41] | Why don’t you come with us? | 你跟我们来吧 |
[53:43] | No, thank you. | 不了 谢谢 |
[53:44] | Perhaps you don’t trust yourself, Mrs. Morse. | 你是怕自己把持不住吧 摩斯太太 |
[53:46] | I beg your pardon? | 你说什么 |
[53:47] | With three strapping Praetorians. | 在三个魁梧的禁卫军面前 |
[53:51] | You’re stoned– your eyes have gone. | 你们嗑嗨了 你们的眼神涣散 |
[53:53] | I think you’d better be on your way | 你们赶紧走吧 |
[53:54] | before you get in serious trouble. | 别惹上麻烦 |
[53:56] | You could be the one in trouble, Mrs. Morse. | 你才可能惹上麻烦 摩斯太太 |
[53:59] | These woods aren’t safe. | 这片林子可不安全 |
[54:01] | No one to hear you scream. | 没人能听到你尖叫 |
[54:03] | No one heard Rowntree, did they? | 不就没人听到朗崔叫吗 |
[54:06] | On your way, Clunchfist. | 快走吧 克朗奇菲斯特 |
[54:08] | Mr. Bodnar. | 博德纳先生 |
[54:10] | That’s a month’s Privs. | 取消一个月特权 |
[54:11] | What are you doing out in the woods, sir? | 你来林子里干什么 先生 |
[54:13] | Or shouldn’t we ask? | 我们不能问吗 |
[54:15] | You too, Rackway. | 你也是 拉克维 |
[54:16] | The gatehouse lodge is that way, sir. | 门房小屋在那边 先生 |
[54:19] | If you’re lost. | 如果你迷路了 |
[54:20] | And Mr. Queach. | 奎奇先生也是 |
[54:22] | That’s all three of you. | 你们仨都是 |
[54:23] | You shouldn’t threaten us, sir. | 你不该威胁我们 先生 |
[54:27] | What? | 什么 |
[54:27] | Qui non nobiscum, adversus nos est, sir. | 非友即为敌[拉丁语] 先生 |
[54:32] | Go on. | 去吧 |
[54:33] | Back to school. | 回学校去 |
[54:35] | Before I fetch the headmaster. | 别逼我叫校长 |
[54:49] | You all right? | 你没事吧 |
[54:51] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[54:52] | It’s a good job you came by. | 幸好你来了 |
[54:53] | I’ll walk you back. | 我送你回去 |
[55:03] | I’m still awaiting results on the boy’s blood, | 我还在等血检的结果 |
[55:07] | but examination of residue found in the nasal cavity and sinuses | 但根据检验鼻腔和鼻窦里发现的残留物 |
[55:11] | suggests he had snorted heroin. | 表明他吸了海洛因 |
[55:15] | Snorted heroin? | 吸了海洛因 |
[55:17] | Almost 100% purity. | 纯度几乎是100% |
[55:19] | Very likely stopped his heart. | 很可能让他心脏停跳了 |
[55:22] | Where the hell did he come by that? | 他哪来的那种东西 |
[55:25] | There’s something wrong with Ivory’s story | 艾弗里送朗崔去车站 |
[55:26] | that he drove Rowntree to the station. | 这说法很不对劲 |
[55:29] | Why would he take him | 如果他们曾发生肢体冲突 |
[55:29] | if they’d had a physical altercation? | 怎么还偏偏是他送他 |
[55:32] | You’re saying he didn’t take the boy? | 你是说 送他的不是艾弗里 |
[55:34] | Then somebody else must’ve seen him. | 那肯定还有别人见过他 |
[55:36] | No, the reports are all second-hand. | 不 报告都是二手消息 |
[55:38] | All we’ve got to go on is what Ivory told people. | 我们只知道艾弗里对别人的说法 |
[55:41] | Well, why would he say he’d taken him if he hadn’t? | 如果他没送他 又为何要这么说 |
[56:05] | Information Room from Fancy. | 范西呼叫情报室 |
[56:08] | But the boy can’t have known what he was doing. | 但那男孩不可能清楚他在做什么 |
[56:10] | Snorting that amount of pure heroin | 吸那么多纯海洛因 |
[56:12] | is tantamount to suicide. | 相当于自杀了 |
[56:14] | Sir? | 长官 |
[56:16] | Everything all right? | 你没事吧 |
[56:17] | Ah, Thursday. | 瑟斯戴 |
[56:18] | Anything from the post mortem? | 尸检有什么结果 |
[56:21] | It’s drugs, sir, with the boy. | 那男孩死于毒品 长官 |
[56:23] | Heroin. | 海洛因 |
[56:24] | Heroin? | 海洛因 |
[56:26] | Good Lord. | 老天爷 |
[56:28] | Anything further on Ivory? | 艾弗里还有进展吗 |
[56:29] | You’ve no idea as to who might have left that shirt in your desk? | 你还是不知道是谁把衬衫放在了你桌上吗 |
[56:31] | No, sir. | 不知道 长官 |
[56:33] | But there’s something about the number of stab wounds | 但刀伤的数目 |
[56:34] | rings a bell somewhere. | 让我想到了什么 |
[56:35] | 23, to be precise, according to Dr. DeBryn. | 据德布林医生说 是23刀 |
[56:39] | Is the number important? | 数字重要吗 |
[56:40] | A frenzied attack, surely. | 想必就是一顿乱捅啊 |
[56:41] | Yeah, all right, matey. | 好 伙计 |
[56:43] | Stand to– we’re on our way. | 待命 我们就去 |
[56:45] | George says Ames has just pulled up | 乔治说埃姆斯的车刚停在了 |
[56:46] | outside Nero’s snooker hall, | 尼罗的台球厅外 |
[56:48] | mob-handed, and carrying. | 带了人手和武器 |
[56:50] | Could be another attempt on Nero. | 可能又是想刺杀尼罗 |
[56:52] | Very well. | 好吧 |
[56:54] | Draw arms. | 拿武器 |
[56:56] | My authorization. | 我授权 |
[57:26] | Armed police! | 武装警察 |
[57:28] | We’re coming in! | 我们进去了 |
[57:46] | Shut that racket off. | 把那玩意关了 |
[58:06] | Some kind of showdown. | 看来是发生了枪战 |
[58:07] | Nero’s boys and Ames’ mob. | 尼罗和埃姆斯的人 |
[58:23] | Nero. | 尼罗 |
[58:37] | Drop the gun, Eddie. | 放下枪 埃迪 |
[58:43] | It’s empty, anyway. | 反正也没子弹了 |
[58:54] | Easy, Eddie. | 悠着点 埃迪 |
[58:56] | Save your breath– don’t talk. | 省省气 别说话 |
[59:03] | It wasn’t me. | 不是我 |
[59:06] | What do you mean? What wasn’t you? | 什么意思 不是你 |
[59:19] | Oh, no. | 不 |
[59:20] | Ambulance here! | 快叫救护车 |
[59:22] | George? | 乔治 |
[59:24] | George, can you hear me? | 乔治 能听到吗 |
[59:26] | What’s he doing here? | 他怎么进来了 |
[59:27] | George! | 乔治 |
[59:29] | I told him to stand to. | 我叫他待命了 |
[59:31] | Come on! | 醒醒 |
[59:32] | George, Come on! | 乔治 醒醒 |
[59:35] | Leave him, Morse. | 行了 摩斯 |
[59:37] | Morse! | 摩斯 |
[59:39] | There’s nothing you can do. | 你做不了什么了 |
[59:42] | He’s gone. | 他死了 |
[1:00:03] | Morse? | 摩斯 |
[1:00:06] | Is it true? | 是真的吗 |
[1:00:10] | Who? | 是谁 |
[1:00:14] | A statement will be made. | 警局会发表声明 |
[1:00:16] | Off the record. | 私下里说 |
[1:00:22] | I can’t. | 我不能 |
[1:00:30] | Just get his age right. | 说对他的年龄 |
[1:00:35] | He was 23. | 他才23岁 |
[1:00:46] | Bloody mess this is. | 真是可怕 |
[1:00:48] | All right, Sergeant. | 好了 警长 |
[1:00:56] | Seems to have got caught in the crossfire, sir. | 似乎是卷入了交火 长官 |
[1:01:00] | What was he doing here? | 他为什么会在这里 |
[1:01:02] | Tailing Cromwell Ames. | 跟踪克伦威尔·埃姆斯 |
[1:01:04] | Some sort of pow-wow gone wrong, would you imagine? | 是谈判出了岔子吗 |
[1:01:07] | Takeover bid, sir. | 应该是夺权 长官 |
[1:01:08] | I think that’s what Ames came here for. | 我认为埃姆斯是为此而来 |
[1:01:12] | Gentlemen. | 先生们 |
[1:01:15] | I’ll start with George, if I may. | 我先从乔治开始吧 如果可以 |
[1:01:17] | We don’t want him lying in such company | 我们不希望他跟这些人一起 |
[1:01:21] | a moment longer than he has to. | 多躺哪怕一会儿 |
[1:02:00] | Have his people been notified? | 他的亲属得到通知了吗 |
[1:02:02] | Devon, sir. | 在德文郡 长官 |
[1:02:04] | Local boys are dealing. | 本地警方去了 |
[1:02:07] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[1:02:09] | All the driver’d say was, I had to come back to the station. | 司机只说我必须回警局 |
[1:02:17] | Morse? | 摩斯 |
[1:02:24] | No… | 不 |
[1:02:41] | Not much of a haul | 为这么点东西 |
[1:02:43] | to lose one’s life over. | 要拼上性命吗 |
[1:02:46] | Maybe Ames was expecting more. | 或许埃姆斯以为还有 |
[1:02:48] | Sir. | 长官 |
[1:02:50] | “Mr. J.I.” | JI先生 |
[1:02:51] | Could that be John Ivory? | 会不会是约翰·艾弗里 |
[1:02:53] | “R.O.S.”– Rose Cottage. | ROS 玫瑰小屋 |
[1:02:55] | “C.O.”– Coldwater School. | CO 寒水学校 |
[1:02:58] | Ivory was involved with Nero? | 艾弗里跟尼罗有关系 |
[1:03:01] | Thursday? | 瑟斯戴 |
[1:03:03] | The two local C.I.D. that died in the car crash. | 那两个死于车祸的本地刑事调查部警察 |
[1:03:06] | Was that Nero? | 会是尼罗干的吗 |
[1:03:07] | Maybe they were getting too close to any drugs business | 或许他们快要查到他和艾弗里的 |
[1:03:10] | between him and Ivory? | 毒品交易了 |
[1:03:12] | So hang on. | 等等 |
[1:03:13] | Division sent us undercover | 警部派我们去卧底 |
[1:03:16] | with only half the story | 却只告诉我们一半情况 |
[1:03:18] | and knowing that somehow Nero was involved. | 而且还早知道此事跟尼罗有关 |
[1:03:21] | So they put us all at risk. | 他让我们都冒了险 |
[1:03:22] | I didn’t know! | 我可不知道 |
[1:03:24] | Well, we should bloody know. | 我们早该知道 |
[1:03:25] | If Division had put their cards on the table, | 如果警部早说明情况 |
[1:03:27] | I might have played things differently | 我可能会采取别的策略 |
[1:03:28] | and George Fancy could still be alive. | 乔治·范西也不会死了 |
[1:03:30] | Well, there’s nothing we can do now. | 我们现在也没办法了 |
[1:03:32] | Everybody involved in the wretched business is dead. | 这桩破事所有相关的人都死了 |
[1:03:39] | Go home, get some rest. | 回家吧 休息一下 |
[1:03:44] | That’s an order. | 这是命令 |
[1:04:02] | Hell of a thing. | 太可怕了 |
[1:04:04] | It took guts to go in after Cromwell Ames. | 跟着克伦威尔·埃姆斯冲进去很有勇气 |
[1:04:07] | What was he hoping for? | 可他想做什么啊 |
[1:04:09] | Arrest them all? | 逮捕他们所有人吗 |
[1:04:11] | Whatever he was hoping for, it doesn’t much matter now. | 不管他怎么想的 现在不重要了 |
[1:04:15] | You’ll give him respect. | 你要尊重他 |
[1:04:16] | He’s due that. | 那是他应得的 |
[1:04:18] | He was due another 50 years. | 他应该再活50年 |
[1:04:22] | A wife. | 娶妻 |
[1:04:23] | Kids, maybe. | 或许生子 |
[1:04:26] | Do you still love this place? | 你还爱这里吗 |
[1:04:30] | I should get back to the school. | 我该回学校了 |
[1:04:32] | It’ll keep, won’t it? | 不差这一时吧 |
[1:04:33] | Today, at least. | 至少今天 |
[1:04:34] | No, it won’t. | 不行 |
[1:04:53] | How are you? | 你还好吗 |
[1:04:57] | I thought you didn’t like guns. | 我以为你不喜欢枪 |
[1:04:59] | Mr. Blackwell’s orders, sir. | 布莱克维尔先生的命令 先生 |
[1:05:01] | If I won’t fire them, I’ve got to clean them. | 我如果不肯开枪 就得清理枪 |
[1:05:05] | Stanlow, is there anything you want to tell me | 斯坦洛 关于朗崔和艾弗里先生 |
[1:05:08] | about Rowntree and Mr. Ivory? | 你有什么想告诉我的吗 |
[1:05:11] | Like what, sir? | 什么事 先生 |
[1:05:12] | Anything. | 什么都行 |
[1:05:14] | Why did Rowntree hit him? | 朗崔为什么要打他 |
[1:05:17] | I don’t know, sir. | 我不知道 先生 |
[1:05:36] | Unless there’s anything else, sir, | 如果没别的了 先生 |
[1:05:38] | I’ve got to get on. | 我得去了 |
[1:05:49] | – Clunchfist. – Adsum. | -克朗奇菲斯特 -到 |
[1:05:51] | – Dakin. – Adsum. | -达肯 -到 |
[1:05:52] | – Gaudibund. – Adsum. | -古德邦德 -到 |
[1:05:54] | – Morris Minor. – Adsum. | -莫里斯·迈纳 -到 |
[1:05:55] | – Nero. – Oh, he’s left, sir. | -尼罗 -他走了 先生 |
[1:05:57] | The police killed his father, sir. | 警察杀了他父亲 先生 |
[1:06:02] | – Queach. – Adsum. | -奎奇 -到 |
[1:06:04] | – Rackway. – Adsum. | -拉克维 -到 |
[1:06:06] | – Summerhead. – Adsum. | -萨默海德 -到 |
[1:06:07] | – And Zec. – Adsum. | -扎克 -到 |
[1:06:09] | Very good– thank you. | 好 谢谢 |
[1:06:11] | Right. | 好 |
[1:06:19] | Is everything all right, sir? | 没什么事吧 先生 |
[1:06:22] | Is this some kind of a joke? | 这是玩笑吗 |
[1:06:24] | Joke, sir? | 玩笑 先生 |
[1:06:26] | First the shirt, and now this in my desk. | 先是衬衫 然后把这放在我桌里 |
[1:06:29] | Mr. Ivory’s desk, sir. | 那是艾弗里先生的桌子 先生 |
[1:06:31] | It’s no joke, sir. | 这不是玩笑 先生 |
[1:06:32] | It’s serious, sir. | 这很严重 先生 |
[1:06:33] | It’s deadly serious, sir. | 非常[致命的]严重 先生 |
[1:06:34] | Oh, what some kind of a threat, is it? | 怎么 是威胁吗 |
[1:06:38] | I’m to believe that one of you have killed Mr. Ivory. | 让我相信是你们中谁杀了艾弗里先生 |
[1:06:40] | I’m supposed to be afraid, is that it? | 因而害怕吗 |
[1:06:43] | Well, I’m not. | 我不怕 |
[1:06:44] | Are you sure about that, sir? | 你确定吗 先生 |
[1:06:46] | Quite sure! Where did you find it? | 非常确定 你们在哪找到的 |
[1:06:48] | Oh, we couldn’t tell you, sir. | 我们可说不出 先生 |
[1:06:49] | We didn’t put it there, sir. | 不是我们放的 先生 |
[1:06:50] | Are you quite well, sir? | 你还好吗 先生 |
[1:06:52] | Perhaps you should get some air, sir. | 要不你去透透气吧 先生 |
[1:07:01] | All all right? | 还好吗 |
[1:07:02] | Tough morning at the chalk face? | 今早的课不太顺利吗 |
[1:07:03] | Oh, you know. | 你懂的 |
[1:07:04] | Oh, my wife said she saw you in the woods | 我妻子说她在林子里遇见了你 |
[1:07:06] | with some of the boys. | 和一些学生 |
[1:07:07] | Ah, yes. | 是的 |
[1:07:08] | She was under the impression some of them were high. | 她似乎认为他们有些人嗑嗨了 |
[1:07:11] | Is there much of that here? | 在这里常见吗 |
[1:07:13] | Dope? | 吸毒 |
[1:07:15] | Well, Ivory used to go on holiday | 艾弗里每年夏天都去 |
[1:07:17] | to Marrakech every summer. | 马拉喀什度假 |
[1:07:18] | I think he used to bring a bit back with him. | 他好像总会带点回来 |
[1:07:20] | What? He sold it to the boys? | 怎么 他卖给学生吗 |
[1:07:23] | He’s got to underwrite his losses on the gee-gees somehow. | 他总得想办法弥补他赌马输的钱 |
[1:07:49] | I thought you were up at the school. | 我以为你在学校 |
[1:07:51] | Ivory’s wallet, left in my desk. | 艾弗里的钱包 被放在了我桌里 |
[1:07:53] | Who by? | 谁放的 |
[1:07:53] | We’ll have to have it fingerprinted, | 我们得验下指纹 |
[1:07:55] | but one of the boys would be my guess. | 但我猜是哪个学生 |
[1:07:56] | – You don’t think they killed him. – I don’t know, | -不会是他们杀了他吧 -我不知道 |
[1:07:58] | but I think it’s what they want me to believe. | 但我觉得他们希望我这么想 |
[1:07:59] | But there’s no evidence for that, though, is there? | 但没有证据 是吧 |
[1:08:01] | No, but there were 23 stab wounds. | 对 但23处刀伤 |
[1:08:03] | According to Suetonius, the Roman historian, | 罗马历史学家 苏维托尼乌斯 |
[1:08:06] | Julius Caesar was stabbed 23 times by the conspirators. | 认为尤利乌斯·凯撒就被阴谋者捅了23刀 |
[1:08:09] | And the boys are studying that as a school play. | 而学生们在为学校戏剧研究相关文献 |
[1:08:11] | – Coincidence, surely? – Maybe. | -巧合吧 -可能是 |
[1:08:13] | In any event, there’s a business card | 总之 这里面有张 |
[1:08:14] | for Magdalen Cabs in here. | 摩德林出租车的名片 |
[1:08:16] | He was in it with Nero, then, no doubt. | 他还真是跟尼罗有关系 |
[1:08:18] | And according to one of the teachers, | 而且有位老师说 |
[1:08:20] | Ivory had been selling small quantities of hashish to the boys. | 艾弗里一直在向学生兜售少量大麻 |
[1:08:23] | – How’d he come by it? – He traveled every summer. | -他哪来的 -他每年夏天都出游 |
[1:08:25] | The Roman coast of North Africa. | 北非罗马海岸 |
[1:08:26] | Marrakech, Tangier, and then on into Istanbul. | 马拉喀什 丹吉尔 还有伊斯坦堡 |
[1:08:28] | That’s where he’s made a connection to the heroin, presumably. | 他应该是在那里弄到了海洛因吧 |
[1:08:31] | Packages bound for a respectable schoolmaster in England? | 寄给英国受尊敬老师的包裹 |
[1:08:33] | Perfect cover. | 完美掩护 |
[1:08:34] | Thursday, if I might have a moment. | 瑟斯戴 可以说一句吗 |
[1:08:37] | Sir. | 长官 |
[1:08:41] | Morse. | 摩斯 |
[1:08:45] | Well? What is it? | 怎么了 |
[1:08:48] | What couldn’t you say over the telephone? | 什么事不能在电话上说 |
[1:08:51] | I’ve been going over ballistics. | 我做了弹道分析 |
[1:08:54] | I took three bullets out of George Fancy. | 我从乔治·范西身上挖出三颗子弹 |
[1:08:58] | Not one of them matched any of the weapons | 却没有一颗跟现场发现的 |
[1:09:00] | recovered at the crime scene. | 武器匹配 |
[1:09:13] | Sir. | 长官 |
[1:09:15] | Morse, good heavens. | 摩斯 老天爷 |
[1:09:18] | I wondered if we could… if you had a moment? | 我们能不能 说句话 |
[1:09:21] | Yes, yes, of course. | 当然 |
[1:09:22] | By all means, come in. | 来吧 请进 |
[1:09:27] | Mrs. Bright is out, I’m afraid. | 布莱特太太出去了 |
[1:09:30] | Bridge circle. | 桥牌局 |
[1:09:31] | I think– please. | 我…请坐 |
[1:09:34] | May I offer you a drink? | 想来点什么吗 |
[1:09:35] | I generally have a lime juice and gin about now. | 我一般这时会喝杜松子酒配青柠 |
[1:09:38] | Yes, thank you, sir. | 好 谢谢 长官 |
[1:09:39] | Right, well, I’ll just go and wash my hands. | 好 那我去洗洗手 |
[1:10:14] | Dulcie. | 达尔茜 |
[1:10:15] | Our daughter. | 我们的女儿 |
[1:10:19] | Sweet little thing. | 可爱的小家伙 |
[1:10:25] | The tropics. | 热带多病啊 |
[1:10:30] | So what’s all this about? | 到底什么事 |
[1:10:32] | Well, ballistics prove | 弹道分析证明 |
[1:10:34] | that Fancy was shot by someone | 枪击范西的人 |
[1:10:35] | who got away from the snooker hall, sir. | 逃离了台球厅 长官 |
[1:10:37] | His killer’s still at large. | 他的凶手仍然在逃 |
[1:10:50] | Presumably that will all be | 这信息要被 |
[1:10:52] | passed to the investigating officer. | 转交给调查员了 |
[1:10:55] | Well, he was our colleague, sir. | 他可是我们的同事 长官 |
[1:11:00] | And we will mourn him. | 我们要哀悼他 |
[1:11:03] | Cowley is closing, it’s out of our hands. | 考利警局要关了 我们无能为力 |
[1:11:05] | Nothing to be done. | 没办法了 |
[1:11:07] | So there we are. | 就是这样 |
[1:11:10] | Your very good health. | 敬你的健康 |
[1:11:26] | Fresh lime, you see? | 新鲜青柠 |
[1:11:28] | That’s, that’s the trick of it. | 这就是诀窍所在 |
[1:11:57] | Dad? | 爸爸 |
[1:12:02] | Mum said about the station– that you were off mostly. | 妈妈说了警局的事 说你大部分时候在家 |
[1:12:06] | Thought you might go an early tea. | 我想你或许想早点吃晚饭 |
[1:12:08] | You come all this way on the off chance? | 你大老远来碰运气吗 |
[1:12:11] | A good walk never killed anyone. | 走走没害处 |
[1:12:14] | Well, there’s nothing in. | 家里没吃的 |
[1:12:15] | I’ve not been bothering. | 我没做 |
[1:12:27] | You know you can be expelled for that. | 你知道你可以因此被开除 |
[1:12:30] | My father sits on the board of governors. | 我父亲是董事会成员 |
[1:12:31] | Well, he won’t sit there very long | 他的地位会因为 |
[1:12:33] | if it comes out you’ve been using drugs on school property, | 你在学校地界内吸毒的事而不保 |
[1:12:35] | I promise you. | 我保证 |
[1:12:35] | He doesn’t give a shit about me or anything I do. | 他才不在乎我 或者我做什么 |
[1:12:38] | Maybe not. | 或许吧 |
[1:12:40] | But I’m sure he cares about his own reputation. | 但他肯定还在意自己的名声 |
[1:12:47] | I’ve given the wallet to the police. | 我把钱包交给警方了 |
[1:12:49] | They already have the shirt. | 衬衫也早给他们了 |
[1:12:51] | I’m sure they’ll want to interview you. | 他们肯定会想审讯你 |
[1:12:54] | If you were involved in Ivory’s murder, that’s life. | 如果你真跟艾弗里的被杀有关 那就是终身 |
[1:12:59] | You won’t go to prison first, of course. | 你当然不会马上进监狱 |
[1:13:00] | You’re too young for that, but borstal– | 你还太小 但少年犯感化院 |
[1:13:03] | believe me, it’s nothing like Coldwater. | 相信我 那里可不像寒水 |
[1:13:06] | No matron. | 没有舍监 |
[1:13:07] | No privs. | 没有特权 |
[1:13:08] | Just bigger boys who don’t play nice. | 只有凶巴巴的大男孩 |
[1:13:11] | Who’ll be the squit, then, do you think? | 你觉得到时谁会变成贱民 |
[1:13:16] | We didn’t do it. | 不是我们干的 |
[1:13:19] | But you did have the shirt and the wallet. | 但你们有衬衫和钱包 |
[1:13:21] | Yeah. | 对 |
[1:13:23] | Well, the police will be taking prints | 警方会采集 |
[1:13:24] | off the latter as we speak. | 钱包上的指纹 |
[1:13:25] | It wasn’t like that. | 不是的 |
[1:13:26] | We, we just found them. | 我们只是发现了那些东西 |
[1:13:29] | Where? | 在哪 |
[1:13:30] | Where did you find them? | 你在哪发现的 |
[1:13:32] | By the kissing gate. | 窄门旁 |
[1:14:37] | Well. | 好啊 |
[1:14:38] | How about that? | 真不错 |
[1:14:41] | She’ll come back. | 她会回来的 |
[1:14:43] | She’s just… | 她就是 |
[1:14:45] | Well. | 嗯 |
[1:14:50] | You’re a good girl, Joanie. | 你是个好孩子 琼 |
[1:14:53] | I don’t know about that. | 那我可不知道 |
[1:14:55] | I do. | 我知道 |
[1:14:59] | Your mum said… | 你妈妈说 |
[1:15:01] | Well, not in so many words, but… | 虽然没怎么说 但 |
[1:15:07] | Whatever went on with you last year, | 不管你去年发生了什么 |
[1:15:11] | it’s none of my business. | 都不关我事 |
[1:15:14] | I shouldn’t have interfered. | 我不该插手 |
[1:15:17] | But it’s what fathers do. | 但父亲就会如此 |
[1:15:21] | It’s what you do. | 是你会这样 |
[1:15:23] | I can’t help that. | 那我没办法 |
[1:15:26] | You’re my little girl. | 你是我女儿 |
[1:15:28] | But it’s your life. | 但那是你的人生 |
[1:15:32] | I’ve just missed you being in mine | 只是这一年以来 |
[1:15:34] | this last twelve month. | 我伤感你脱离了我的人生 |
[1:15:38] | Oh, Dad. | 爸爸 |
[1:15:42] | Who’s this now? | 又是谁 |
[1:15:51] | Morse. | 摩斯 |
[1:15:52] | Everything all right? | 没什么事吧 |
[1:16:01] | Well? | 怎么 |
[1:16:04] | One last decent collar, you said. | 你说好好做最后一次逮捕 |
[1:16:20] | – Have you seen Stanlow? – No. | -你见到斯坦洛了吗 -没有 |
[1:16:23] | He should be here by now. | 他该来了 |
[1:16:24] | He has a solo in the second hymn. | 第二段赞美诗里有他的独唱 |
[1:16:27] | I saw him in the dorm, sir. | 我看到他在宿舍 先生 |
[1:16:38] | What are we looking for? | 我们找什么 |
[1:16:40] | I don’t know exactly, | 我也不清楚 |
[1:16:41] | but somehow Stanlow’s the key to all of it. | 但斯坦洛不知为何是一切的关键 |
[1:16:51] | Sir. | 长官 |
[1:16:55] | I’ve seen that equation before on his rough book. | 我之前在他的草算本上见过这个公式 |
[1:16:58] | Isn’t that the Rifleman’s Rule? | 这不是枪手算式吗 |
[1:17:00] | The calculation which enables accurate firing | 计算向上或向下的 |
[1:17:02] | uphill or downhill? | 精准射击 |
[1:17:04] | And that’s Coldwater isn’t it? | 那是寒水的布局吧 |
[1:17:05] | Chapel? | 礼拜堂 |
[1:17:06] | Playing field? | 操场 |
[1:17:09] | President Kennedy. | 肯尼迪总统 |
[1:17:12] | Lincoln, Dr. King. | 林肯 金博士 |
[1:17:14] | Bobby Kennedy. | 鲍比·肯尼迪 |
[1:17:15] | Ivory told the boys to study the lives of great men. | 艾弗里让学生研究伟人的生活 |
[1:17:18] | But what if Stanlow learned a different lesson altogether? | 如果斯坦洛学到了不同的一课呢 |
[1:17:21] | 50 years ago, | 50年前 |
[1:17:23] | at the 11th hour | 在最后时刻 |
[1:17:25] | of the 11th day of the 11th month, | 最后关头 |
[1:17:27] | the guns of the Great War | 一战的枪炮 |
[1:17:30] | fell silent. | 停歇了 |
[1:17:32] | It seems impossible now, | 经过半个世纪 |
[1:17:34] | at a distance of half a century, | 现在看来难以置信 |
[1:17:37] | to believe a conflagration | 一场夺去 |
[1:17:38] | that claimed 18 million lives | 1800万人生命的灾难 |
[1:17:42] | should have started with a single shot. | 始于一声枪响 |
[1:17:45] | The base of the fire arc looks to be the clock tower. | 射击点似乎是钟楼 |
[1:17:47] | I’ll warn them at the chapel. | 我去礼拜堂警告大家 |
[1:17:48] | Keep them inside. | 让他们留在室内 |
[1:17:50] | Morse! | 摩斯 |
[1:17:52] | I… | 我 |
[1:17:53] | In case you need it. | 以防需要 |
[1:18:13] | Stanlow! | 斯坦洛 |
[1:18:16] | Don’t. | 别 |
[1:18:18] | Look, I know you’re angry. | 我知道你很愤怒 |
[1:18:20] | You wanna hurt someone. | 你想伤害个人 |
[1:18:22] | Get back at them for what they’ve done to you, | 报复他们对你做的一切 |
[1:18:23] | but this isn’t the answer. | 但这不是答案 |
[1:18:26] | It will only make things worse. | 只会让情况更糟 |
[1:18:29] | If you want to take it out on someone, shoot me! | 如果你想向谁发泄 冲我来吧 |
[1:18:33] | Come on, son, put the gun down. | 来吧 孩子 放下枪 |
[1:18:36] | No one’s going to hurt you anymore. | 再不会有人伤害你了 |
[1:18:37] | I promise you. | 我保证 |
[1:18:40] | – No. – Don’t! | -不 -别 |
[1:18:45] | This is finished. | 结束了 |
[1:18:46] | It’s over. | 都完了 |
[1:18:51] | Is my mother here yet? | 我妈妈来了吗 |
[1:18:53] | Not yet. | 还没有 |
[1:18:54] | I need to ask you about Mr. Ivory. | 我需要问你艾弗里先生的事 |
[1:18:57] | The nickname he gave you– Dak. | 他给你起的绰号 达克 |
[1:19:00] | It wasn’t for Daktari, was it? | 并不是达克塔利吧 |
[1:19:07] | We’ve just come from seeing Stanlow. | 我们刚见过斯坦洛 |
[1:19:09] | How is he? | 他怎么样了 |
[1:19:11] | Giving up his secrets. | 说出了他的秘密 |
[1:19:13] | Seems Ivory had a nickname for him. | 艾弗里给他起了个绰号 |
[1:19:16] | Called him Dak. | 达克 |
[1:19:17] | Turns out that’s a Hindi word meaning post or mail. | 那是印地语里的”邮件”或”邮寄” |
[1:19:23] | In the days of the Raj, | 英属印度时期 |
[1:19:24] | the “dak runner” brought letters | “送信员”把信件 |
[1:19:27] | from the plains to the hill stations. | 从平原送到山地邮局 |
[1:19:29] | Kipling celebrated it in a poem called “The Overland Mail,” | 吉卜林在《陆路邮政》这首诗里描写了这个 |
[1:19:31] | and Ivory was big on Kipling. | 艾弗里很喜欢吉卜林 |
[1:19:35] | Is that right? | 是吗 |
[1:19:36] | Ivory called Stanlow Dak | 艾弗里喊斯坦洛达克 |
[1:19:38] | because the boy ran errands for him. | 因为他为他跑腿 |
[1:19:41] | Like Rowntree before him, | 就像之前的朗崔 |
[1:19:42] | he picked up his whisky and cigarettes | 他去村里的商店替他买 |
[1:19:44] | from the village shop. | 威士忌和香烟 |
[1:19:45] | But he also delivered letters | 但他还负责送信 |
[1:19:47] | between Ivory and the headmaster’s daughter. | 艾弗里和校长女儿之间的信 |
[1:19:50] | Ivory was cheating on his wife with Ravenna. | 艾弗里在背着妻子跟蕾凡娜出轨 |
[1:19:54] | But you knew all this | 但你都知道 |
[1:19:56] | as your admissions book confirms, | 因为你的收治记录可以证明 |
[1:19:58] | the day Ivory disappeared, | 艾弗里失踪那天 |
[1:20:00] | Stanlow was taken with a sudden fever. | 斯坦洛突然发烧 |
[1:20:03] | He was laid up here, | 他在医务室躺着 |
[1:20:04] | and couldn’t deliver the message back from Ravenna to Ivory, | 不能送蕾凡娜给艾弗里的回信 |
[1:20:06] | so he sent you instead. | 他就叫你去 |
[1:20:09] | Who was it you followed to their usual meeting place | 你是跟着谁去了他们在窄门的 |
[1:20:13] | at the kissing gate? | “老地方” |
[1:20:14] | My guess would be Ravenna. | 我猜是蕾凡娜 |
[1:20:16] | Too risky to tail Ivory from the pub. | 从酒吧跟踪艾弗里太冒险 |
[1:20:19] | So you waited till they were done. | 你等到他们完事 |
[1:20:22] | Ravenna came back to the school. | 蕾凡娜回了学校 |
[1:20:25] | Ivory went back through the only route he could to Rose Cottage. | 艾弗里走唯一的路线返回玫瑰小屋 |
[1:20:28] | And that was your chance. | 这成了你的机会 |
[1:20:37] | He was a monster. | 他不是人 |
[1:20:41] | I mean, Blackwell’s an animal. | 布莱克维尔是个禽兽 |
[1:20:45] | A brute. | 野蛮人 |
[1:20:46] | But Ivory was the devil himself. | 但艾弗里根本是魔鬼 |
[1:20:55] | Filling the boys’ heads with evil. | 荼毒学生们 |
[1:20:57] | Hatred. Cruelty. | 给他们灌输仇恨 残忍 |
[1:20:58] | They’re just children. | 他们还是孩子 |
[1:21:00] | Drugs, for God’s sake! | 毒品啊 |
[1:21:02] | They thought they were so grown up, | 他们还以为自己是大人了 |
[1:21:03] | but they didn’t have a clue. | 但他们什么都不懂 |
[1:21:07] | What put you on to it? | 你怎么发现的 |
[1:21:10] | I was a nurse, don’t forget. | 我做过护士 别忘了 |
[1:21:11] | I know what an overdose looks like. | 我清楚吸毒过量的样子 |
[1:21:14] | Rowntree? | 朗崔吗 |
[1:21:15] | He came to the infirmary. | 他来到了医务室 |
[1:21:16] | He was white as a sheet. | 脸色苍白 |
[1:21:17] | Sweating. | 浑身大汗 |
[1:21:20] | Heart going ten to the dozen, | 心脏狂跳 |
[1:21:22] | and he thought he was going to die. | 他以为他要死了 |
[1:21:25] | So Ivory was using Rowntree as the main supply channel | 艾弗里把朗崔当做了向学生贩毒的 |
[1:21:28] | for drugs to the boys. | 主要渠道 |
[1:21:30] | Until he became a liability. | 直到他成了累赘 |
[1:21:32] | Got too big for his boots, maybe. | 可能是太自大了吧 |
[1:21:34] | Whatever the case, Ivory got him expelled. | 不管怎样 艾弗里害他被开除 |
[1:21:37] | And then he started in on Stanlow, | 然后开始利用斯坦洛 |
[1:21:41] | and I couldn’t let that happen again. | 我不能允许这种事再次发生 |
[1:21:43] | I… I had to protect them. | 我必须保护他们 |
[1:21:44] | I had to protect them all. | 我必须保护他们所有人 |
[1:21:50] | Where is Ivory, Mrs. Seymour? | 艾弗里在哪 西摩太太 |
[1:22:00] | Where he belongs. | 他该待的地方 |
[1:22:13] | Doctor. | 医生 |
[1:22:15] | Septic tank. | 化粪池 |
[1:22:18] | What a treat. | 真好啊 |
[1:22:21] | Better start going through the motions. | 那就开始吧 |
[1:22:27] | Do you think Ivory did kill Rowntree? | 你觉得是艾弗里杀了朗崔吗 |
[1:22:30] | Maybe the boy got it into his head | 或许是那孩子想 |
[1:22:32] | to try a bit of private enterprise. | 自己营业 |
[1:22:34] | Could be that’s what they fought over. | 或许他们就是因此发生了争执 |
[1:22:36] | Might just as well have been accidental. | 也可能是意外 |
[1:22:39] | If the kid didn’t know what he’d been taking, | 如果那孩子不知道他吸食的是什么 |
[1:22:42] | maybe he mistook one thing for another. | 可能是吸错了东西 |
[1:22:44] | Who knows? | 谁知道呢 |
[1:22:46] | Perhaps Ivory finds him at the cemetery, | 或许艾弗里在公墓发现了他 |
[1:22:48] | already overdosed on heroin meant for Eddie Nero. | 已经过量吸食了给埃迪·尼罗的海洛因 |
[1:22:51] | He hides the body, then comes up with a story | 他藏起了尸体 然后编造故事 |
[1:22:54] | of having dropped him at the station. | 说把他送到了车站 |
[1:23:31] | A policeman? | 警察 |
[1:23:33] | Well, Blackwell was right, then. | 那布莱克维尔说对了 |
[1:23:35] | You were never a teacher– I should have known. | 你不是老师 我早该看出来 |
[1:23:38] | How’s that? | 怎么说 |
[1:23:40] | You didn’t look beaten enough. | 你看上去不够筋疲力竭 |
[1:23:53] | Happiest days of your life? | 人生最快乐的时光吗 |
[1:23:55] | Not much happiness here. | 这里不怎么快乐 |
[1:24:10] | I had hoped to see you as the first female officer | 我本希望你成为考利刑事调查部的第一位 |
[1:24:13] | in Cowley C.I.D. | 女警官 |
[1:24:15] | Our loss will be the yard’s gain. | 我们的遗憾是警视厅的幸运 |
[1:24:19] | You’ll do great things there, I’m sure. | 你一定能在那里大有成就 |
[1:24:21] | Great things. | 大有成就 |
[1:24:23] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢您 长官 |
[1:24:25] | We shall all miss you. | 我们都会想你 |
[1:24:28] | I don’t suppose there’s anything one can say. | 我想也没什么话能够安慰你 |
[1:24:36] | I’m so frightfully sorry. | 我真的非常遗憾 |
[1:24:42] | Good luck, Constable. | 祝你好运 警员 |
[1:24:45] | Thank you for always looking out for me. | 谢谢您一直如此照顾我 |
[1:24:49] | It has been… A privilege. | 我很荣幸 |
[1:24:59] | I didn’t know if you’d be in. | 我不确定你会不会在 |
[1:25:01] | I just came to say goodbye. | 我来道别 |
[1:25:06] | Well, I’ll see you at the funeral. | 那葬礼见了 |
[1:25:09] | The boy I liked is dead. | 我喜欢的男孩已经死了 |
[1:25:12] | I’m not gonna sit and look at a box. | 我不要坐在那里看一个盒子 |
[1:25:21] | Life is for the living, Morse. | 生活属于生者 摩斯 |
[1:25:24] | Don’t waste time. | 别浪费时光 |
[1:25:26] | It’s all we’ve got. | 我们只有那个 |
[1:25:30] | I’m no good at goodbyes. | 我不擅长再见 |
[1:25:39] | Well, then, let’s not say it. | 那我们别说了 |
[1:25:54] | Say not the struggle naught availeth, | 莫说奋斗只是徒劳 |
[1:25:54] | 亚瑟·休·克拉夫 | |
[1:25:58] | The labor and the wounds are vain. | 莫说辛劳和痛苦只是枉然 |
[1:26:01] | The enemy faints not, nor faileth, | 敌人似乎战力不减 未被攻克 |
[1:26:04] | And as things have been, they remain. | 而局势依旧 毫无改变 |
[1:26:08] | If hopes were dupes, fears may be liars; | 希望若只是骗局 恐惧也可能为虚 |
[1:26:13] | It may be, in yon smoke concealed, | 或许 在笼罩烟雾的远处 |
[1:26:16] | Your comrades chase even now the fliers, | 你的战友仍在追击逃敌 |
[1:26:20] | And but for you, possess the field. | 若非你放弃 已攻下阵地 |
[1:26:24] | For while the tired waves, vainly breaking | 尽管疲倦如浪般袭来 |
[1:26:29] | Seem here no painful inch to gain, | 痛苦也似乎换不来一尺胜利 |
[1:26:32] | Far back through creeks and inlets making | 可那遥远的溪流 河汊 |
[1:26:37] | Comes silent, flooding in, the main. | 在默默汇入大海 |
[1:26:41] | And not by eastern windows only, | 并非只有面东的窗户 |
[1:26:45] | When daylight comes, comes in the light. | 能投进日光 流入光明 |
[1:26:48] | In front the sun climbs slow, how slowly, | 若看正面 太阳的爬升如此缓慢 |
[1:26:53] | But westward, look, the land is bright. | 可望向西边 就发现大地已被照亮 |
[1:27:02] | Well, at least we gave him a good send-off. | 至少我们好好送了他一程 |
[1:27:05] | We can say that. | 我们可以说这话 |
[1:27:07] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[1:27:09] | We can say that. | 我们可以说这话 |
[1:27:12] | Nicely done, Morse. | 不错 摩斯 |
[1:27:13] | Your poem. | 你的诗 |
[1:27:15] | Gentlemen. | 先生们 |
[1:27:17] | Miss Frazil. | 弗雷泽小姐 |
[1:27:19] | Would that you’d never had to write such a thing, | 虽然更希望你不必写这种东西 |
[1:27:23] | but it was a very fine obituary. | 但讣告写得很好 |
[1:27:28] | He seemed a decent young man. | 他是个好小伙子 |
[1:27:31] | No platitude knowingly unexpressed. | 这句话好俗套 |
[1:27:34] | It’s what we say, Morse, when we don’t know what to say. | 只是个说法 摩斯 因为我们不知该说什么 |
[1:27:37] | But we do know what to say, we just can’t stomach saying it. | 但我们知道该说什么 我们只是不忍说 |
[1:27:41] | What we want to say is, “Thank Christ it wasn’t me.” | 我们都想说”幸好不是我” |
[1:28:16] | That’s the last of it, is it? | 没有了 是吧 |
[1:28:19] | Yes, sir. | 是 长官 |
[1:28:23] | Well. | 好吧 |
[1:28:26] | When I arrived here three years ago, | 我三年前来到这里时 |
[1:28:28] | I had such high hopes. | 抱有很高期望 |
[1:28:30] | What an ignominious end I have led you all to. | 结果带大家走到这样凄凉的结局 |
[1:28:33] | – I shall resign, of course. – Sir. | -我肯定要辞职了 -长官 |
[1:28:35] | No, I failed him. | 不 我辜负了他 |
[1:28:37] | I failed my men. | 我辜负了我的手下 |
[1:28:39] | The station gone. | 警局不在了 |
[1:28:41] | My brightest and best cast to the four winds, | 我的好手下都四散而去 |
[1:28:44] | and all is… | 这一切 |
[1:28:48] | Brought to ruin. | 都成为历史 |
[1:28:52] | Bollocks to that. | 去他的 |
[1:28:54] | I won’t hear it. | 我不允许 |
[1:28:56] | We might be down, but we’re not out. | 我们虽然关门 但我们没出局 |
[1:28:58] | I’ll be damned if this is how it ends. | 我绝不会允许事情就这么结束 |
[1:29:01] | We’ll have justice for him, sir. | 我们要为他讨回公道 长官 |
[1:29:03] | Find who shot that bullet. | 找到开枪的人 |
[1:29:05] | Whatever it takes. | 不惜一切 |
[1:29:06] | Jim’s right, sir. | 吉姆说得对 长官 |
[1:29:09] | They can call us Thames Valley till the cows come home, | 他们可以说我们属于泰晤士河谷警局 |
[1:29:11] | but wherever we wash up, we’re City men– each one of us. | 但不管我们到哪 都是市警局的人 |
[1:29:17] | To our boots. | 彻头彻尾 |
[1:29:18] | – To the last. – So few. | -直到最后 -就我们几个 |
[1:29:20] | Well, enough to give him justice. | 足够为他伸张正义了 |
[1:29:22] | We’ll find the bastard, sir. | 我们定能找到那混蛋 长官 |
[1:29:24] | Your word on it? | 你保证吗 |
[1:29:25] | My oath. | 我发誓 |
[1:29:26] | And mine. | 我也发誓 |
[1:29:27] | For George. | 为了乔治 |
[1:29:49] | That’s that. | 都收拾好了 |
[1:29:51] | Well, good luck on Monday. | 那祝你周一好运 |
[1:29:54] | Any news on your posting? | 你的派驻有消息吗 |
[1:29:56] | No, no, not yet. | 没有 |
[1:29:59] | So what happened to the Winchester over the fireplace? | 不是要把枪挂在壁炉上吗 |
[1:30:02] | Turning in your tin star? | 交出警徽 |
[1:30:05] | How did Mrs. Thursday take it? | 瑟斯戴太太怎么想 |
[1:30:11] | She married a copper. | 她嫁给了警察 |
[1:30:13] | Things happen. | 有些事难免 |
[1:30:18] | Didn’t seem the time. | 感觉时机不对 |
[1:30:21] | With Fancy. | 因为范西 |
[1:30:24] | I should’ve given him more time. | 我本该多给他些时间 |
[1:30:27] | You gave him what you could, he knew that. | 你给了他你能给的 他也知道 |
[1:30:30] | I could’ve been kinder. | 我本可以更客气些 |
[1:30:33] | Who couldn’t? | 谁不是呢 |
[1:30:41] | Right. | 那好 |
[1:30:47] | I thought handshakes were for goodbye. | 不是说握手是道别吗 |
[1:32:06] | Hello. | 你好 |
[1:32:10] | I just come round. | 我刚过来 |
[1:32:13] | I can see. | 看出来了 |
[1:32:16] | I just thought… | 我就是在想 |
[1:32:20] | Maybe if that offer of a coffee’s still going? | 你还愿意邀我喝咖啡吗 |