时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:48] | The Soviet Union has warned the United States | 苏联已警告美国 |
[00:51] | that an attack on Cuba | 袭击古巴 |
[00:52] | or on Soviet ships carrying supplies to the island | 或向古巴运输补给的苏联船只 |
[00:56] | would mean war. | 将是战争行为 |
[00:58] | In a statement from Moscow, | 在莫斯科发表的声明中 |
[01:00] | the Russian foreign minister, Mr. Gromyko, | 苏联外交部长 葛罗米柯先生 |
[01:02] | said any such attack made by the United States | 说美国若发起任何此类袭击 |
[01:06] | would plunge the world into | 就将把世界推向 |
[01:07] | the disaster of a universal world war | 全球热核武战争的 |
[01:10] | with the use of thermonuclear weapons. | 灾难之中 |
[01:56] | And when he opened the seventh seal, | 羔羊揭开第七印的时候 |
[01:58] | there was a silence in Heaven about the space of half an hour. | 天上寂静约有二刻 |
[02:03] | And I saw the angels that stood before God; | 我看见那站在上帝面前的七位天使 |
[02:07] | and to them were given the seven trumpets. | 有七枝号赐给他们 |
[03:53] | I’ve been asked to convey | 我被要求转达 |
[03:54] | the chief constable’s appreciation | 警察局长对瑟斯戴督察 |
[03:56] | to Detective Inspector Thursday for the admirable way | 这几周来 暂代任职时的可敬表现 |
[03:59] | he’s held the fort these past weeks. | 表示感激 |
[04:01] | Well, on behalf of the whole station, sir, | 我想代表整个警局 长官 |
[04:03] | if I might just say, | 说一句 |
[04:04] | welcome back. | 欢迎回来 |
[04:08] | All right, carry on. | 好了 继续吧 |
[04:09] | Anything pressing that requires my immediate attention? | 有什么需要我立刻关注的紧急情况吗 |
[04:13] | One or two burglaries outstanding in the Oxpens area, sir. | 牛圈区有一两起未结的入室盗窃 长官 |
[04:16] | Kids, probably, by the mess. | 翻得很乱 八成是孩子 |
[04:18] | Just through from the Information Room, sir. | 情报室刚来消息 长官 |
[04:20] | Body’s been found at Bramford Mere. | 布兰姆福德沼泽发现了一具尸体 |
[04:22] | Bramford, you say? | 布兰姆福德吗 |
[04:23] | Bramford Mere. | 布兰姆福德沼泽 |
[04:25] | That’s county ground, isn’t it? | 那是郡警局的地盘吧 |
[04:26] | Yeah, Division would like us to deal. | 对 但警部要我们去处理 |
[04:28] | Laxman went missing out that way. | 拉克斯曼就是在那边失踪的 |
[04:30] | Who’s this? | 谁 |
[04:33] | Before your time, sir. | 您来之前了 长官 |
[04:34] | Five years back– Matthew Laxman. | 五年前 马修·拉克斯曼 |
[04:38] | A botanist. | 一个植物学家 |
[04:39] | Went missing from his rooms at Wolsey during the long vac. | 长假期间 从他沃尔西学院的办公室失踪 |
[04:43] | Last sighting was from a hitchhiker, Nigel Warren. | 最后是被一名搭车人 奈吉·沃伦见到 |
[04:47] | Laxman told him he was heading out Bramford way, | 拉克斯曼对他说是要去布兰姆福德那边 |
[04:49] | but his car was never recovered. | 但他的车从未被找到 |
[04:51] | Foul play, you think? | 你认为是他杀吗 |
[04:52] | It wasn’t my case, sir. | 当时不是我的案子 长官 |
[04:53] | County investigation for the most part. | 主要是由郡警局调查的 |
[04:55] | But my old bagman, DS Lott, | 但我以前的副手 洛特警长 |
[04:57] | liaised with them from the City end. | 在市警局这边跟他们联络 |
[04:59] | And he might not have been as thorough as he could’ve been. | 他可能并没有查得很彻底 |
[05:02] | And you’d like to set things right. | 你想纠正错误 |
[05:05] | Well, there we are. | 那好吧 |
[05:06] | Not half an hour in the station, | 回警局还不到半小时 |
[05:07] | and all back to normal. | 就又一切如常了 |
[05:09] | Carry on. | 继续吧 |
[05:31] | – Morning. – Constable. | -早 -警员 |
[05:32] | Archaeological dig, sir, out of Courtenay College. | 考古挖掘 长官 考特尼学院的人 |
[05:35] | Turned up a hand. | 发现了一只手 |
[05:37] | Belongs to the fellow in this trench. | 属于这个坑里的人 |
[05:38] | Morning, Doctor. | 早 医生 |
[05:39] | Inspector. | 督察 |
[05:41] | Gentlemen. | 先生们 |
[05:42] | What have you got? | 什么情况 |
[05:43] | Male. | 男性 |
[05:44] | Age as yet undetermined. | 年龄尚未确定 |
[05:46] | Remains somewhat compressed, but remarkably well preserved | 虽然稍有挤压 但保存得相当好 |
[05:50] | due to the acidity of the soil. | 这是因为土壤的酸性 |
[05:52] | Any chance it could be Laxman? | 会不会是拉克斯曼 |
[05:53] | I’m afraid time of death | 恐怕死亡时间 |
[05:54] | rather mitigates against that possibility. | 基本排除了这一可能性 |
[05:57] | Time of death? | 死亡时间 |
[05:59] | 2,000 years ago. | 两千年前 |
[06:01] | 2,000 years? | 两千年 |
[06:02] | Yes, give or take a couple of hundred years. | 对 可能差个几百年 |
[06:05] | We’ll have trouble notifying his next of kin. | 通知他的亲属可困难了 |
[06:07] | Poor chap does seem to have had rather a grim time of it. | 而且可怜人似乎死得很惨 |
[06:10] | There’s trauma to the skull. | 头骨有创伤 |
[06:12] | An ax, perhaps, or a rock– fatal by itself. | 可能是斧子 或石头 足以致命 |
[06:16] | But we also have a garrote, tightened by means of a stick. | 但还发现了绞刑具 用一根棍子收紧绞索 |
[06:20] | And finally, his throat has been laid open | 最后 他的喉咙也被割开 |
[06:23] | with a very sharp blade, right to left. | 用的是利刃 从右到左 |
[06:26] | Torture, possibly. | 可能是酷刑 |
[06:27] | – Or ritual. – How’s that? | -或仪式 -怎么说 |
[06:28] | Well, prevailing school of thought is | 一般认为 |
[06:30] | that places like this, bodies of water, | 这样的地方 水体附近 |
[06:32] | held a supernatural significance | 对古代人拥有 |
[06:34] | to ancient peoples. | 超自然的意义 |
[06:35] | They were seen as a gateway from one world to another. | 它们被视为两个世界间的大门 |
[06:37] | Could have been an offering, | 可能是献祭 |
[06:38] | made to whatever deities they worshipped. | 献给他们所崇拜的神祇 |
[06:40] | Human sacrifice, you mean? | 人祭吗 |
[06:42] | Hmm, popular with the druids. | 德鲁伊人很喜欢 |
[06:44] | – And what’s that? – What? | -那是什么 -什么 |
[06:46] | There. | 那里 |
[06:54] | Inspector? | 督察 |
[07:11] | Matthew had a pair quite similar. | 马修就有副类似的 |
[07:12] | It’s possible they’re his. | 这可能是他的 |
[07:14] | Where did you find them? | 你在哪找到的 |
[07:15] | Out at Bramford Mere. | 布兰姆福德沼泽附近 |
[07:17] | Isn’t that where he told the hitchhiker he was going? | 他不就跟搭车人说他要去那里吗 |
[07:19] | Bramford Village was the destination. | 他要去的是布兰姆福德村 |
[07:22] | The mere is about a mile or so outside. | 沼泽在村外约一英里处 |
[07:25] | Did he have any business out there, | 他去那边有什么事吗 |
[07:27] | – do you know? – No. | -你知道吗 -不知道 |
[07:28] | And you were out of town, | 他失踪的时候 |
[07:30] | at the time of his disappearance, yes? | 你不在城里 是吧 |
[07:32] | I did tell the police all of this at the time. | 我当时把这些都告诉警方了 |
[07:34] | We do like to be thorough. | 我们想彻底一些 |
[07:36] | To which end, I must ask… | 所以 我必须问 |
[07:38] | There was the suggestion that your marriage | 当时有人表示你们的婚姻 |
[07:40] | wasn’t altogether happy. | 并不幸福 |
[07:45] | Matthew was, um… | 马修他… |
[07:48] | Passionate. | 很有激情 |
[07:48] | Driven, I suppose, in his work, in politics. | 很有冲劲 工作上 政治上 |
[07:51] | He had a temper in drink. | 他酒后会发脾气 |
[07:56] | Sometimes | 有时 |
[07:58] | I felt there was a side to his life | 我觉得他生活中 |
[07:59] | I never really knew at all. | 有我从不了解的一面 |
[08:02] | You should speak to Donald. | 你们该去找唐纳德 |
[08:04] | Professor Bagley at Wolsey. | 沃尔西的巴格利教授 |
[08:05] | He probably knew Matthew better than anyone. | 他可能比任何人都更了解马修 |
[08:09] | Thank you, that will be all for now. | 谢谢 暂时这样吧 |
[08:53] | Professor Bagley? | 巴格利教授 |
[08:58] | Yes, he came by my rooms here, | 对 他来过我的办公室 |
[09:00] | as he did most mornings, about 11:00. | 他大多数早上都会来 11点时 |
[09:04] | We had a glass of sherry and caught up on the gossip. | 我们喝了杯雪利酒 聊了聊闲话 |
[09:08] | After Anne, my wife, died, he was a good friend. | 安 我妻子死后 他很够朋友 |
[09:13] | Have you any idea what he might have been doing | 你是否知道 他去布兰姆福德沼泽 |
[09:15] | out at Bramford Mere? | 可能是为什么事 |
[09:17] | About his work, I should imagine. | 应该是跟他的工作有关吧 |
[09:19] | Have you talked to Alison? | 你们跟艾莉森谈过吗 |
[09:21] | Mrs. Laxman? | 拉克斯曼太太吗 |
[09:22] | We’ve just come from there now. | 我们刚从那儿来 |
[09:23] | Wonderful girl. | 好姑娘 |
[09:25] | These last years have been very hard for her. | 这几年来她非常艰难 |
[09:28] | Not knowing if he was alive or dead. | 甚至不知道他是生是死 |
[09:33] | Thank you, Professor. | 谢谢 教授 |
[09:40] | And the first angel sounded, | 第一位天使吹号 |
[09:43] | and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, | 就有雹子与火掺着血 |
[09:47] | and they were cast upon the Earth: | 丢在地上 |
[09:49] | and the third part of trees was burnt up, | 地的三分之一和树的三分之一被烧了 |
[09:51] | and all green grass was burnt up. | 一切的青草也被烧了 |
[09:54] | Nigel Warren? | 奈吉·沃伦 |
[09:55] | City Police. | 市警局 |
[09:58] | About five years ago, | 大概五年前 |
[09:59] | you hitched a lift off Dr. Matthew Laxman, | 你搭了一位马修·拉克斯曼博士的车 |
[10:02] | going out Bramford way. | 他往布兰姆福德那边去 |
[10:04] | I gave a statement at the time. | 我当时做口供了 |
[10:05] | To County, yes, not to us. | 是对郡警局 不是对我们 |
[10:07] | We are reviewing the case. | 我们要重审此案 |
[10:08] | Well, then, you’ll know I had an alibi. | 那你们就知道我有不在场证明 |
[10:11] | Did Laxman say anything about going to Bramford Mere? | 拉克斯曼是否提到过要去布兰姆福德沼泽 |
[10:14] | I thought he just said to Bramford. | 他好像只是说去布兰姆福德 |
[10:16] | He was in a pretty bad mood. | 他当时心情很差 |
[10:17] | I think some woman had got his back up. | 好像被哪个女人惹怒了 |
[10:19] | Did he say who? | 他说是谁了吗 |
[10:21] | His wife, I took it. | 我猜是他妻子 |
[10:23] | Right. | 好 |
[10:24] | Well, if anything else comes back to you, | 如果你再记起什么 |
[10:26] | we’re at Cowley Nick. | 我们在考利警局 |
[10:27] | Right. | 好 |
[10:36] | Get hold of a copy of the missing person’s poster | 去找一份失踪启示 |
[10:38] | and have a patrol car run you out to Bramford. | 叫辆巡逻车送你去布兰姆福德 |
[10:41] | Ask around. | 打听一下 |
[10:42] | See if you can jog any memories. | 看能不能激起谁的回忆 |
[10:45] | What? | 怎么了 |
[10:47] | Well… | 嗯… |
[10:48] | We’re going to a lot of trouble over a pair of glasses, aren’t we? | 我们为了一副眼镜这么大动干戈 是不是 |
[10:52] | I mean if it had been Laxman’s body in the mere, | 如果沼泽地发现的是拉克斯曼的尸体还行 |
[10:54] | but it wasn’t. | 但不是他 |
[10:56] | Five years. | 五年了 |
[10:58] | If there was anything to be found, | 如果真能找到什么 |
[10:59] | County would have found it. | 郡警局早找到了 |
[11:01] | County couldn’t find their arse with both hands and a map. | 郡警局双手拿着地图都找不到自己的屁股 |
[11:05] | This time, we’re going to make sure it gets done right. | 这次 我们要确保这案子妥当查好 |
[11:09] | Meet me at the church around 5:00. | 5点左右去教堂跟我碰面 |
[11:42] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[12:15] | There you go, then, Seth. | 给你 赛斯 |
[12:16] | On tick, is it? | 赊账 是吧 |
[12:17] | Yeah, thank you. | 对 谢谢 |
[12:18] | See you on Saturday, shall we? | 那周六见了 |
[12:20] | I will try. | 我尽量 |
[12:22] | – Afternoon. – Afternoon. | -下午好 -下午好 |
[12:27] | Good afternoon, I’m Detective Constable Morse. | 下午好 我是摩斯警员 |
[12:29] | City Police. | 市警局 |
[12:30] | Oh, you’re a long way out then, aren’t you, my dear? | 那你可走了挺远 亲爱的 |
[12:32] | I’m looking into the disappearance of a Dr. Matthew Laxman. | 我在调查一位马修·拉克斯曼博士的失踪 |
[12:35] | He went missing from the area around five years ago. | 他大概五年前在这一带失踪 |
[12:37] | Yep, I remember. | 我记得 |
[12:39] | I told the police at the time I hadn’t seen him. | 我当时跟警方说了 我没见过他 |
[12:41] | Well, I just wondered if | 我就是想问问 |
[12:43] | you might’ve remembered anything in the meantime? | 你此后是否回忆起了什么事 |
[12:46] | No, sorry. | 没有 抱歉 |
[12:50] | Right. | 好吧 |
[12:51] | Well, thank you. | 谢谢了 |
[12:56] | What’s with the Morris Men? | 那些跳莫里斯舞的人怎么回事 |
[12:58] | They’re practicing their figures for Saturday. | 在为周六练阵型 |
[13:00] | Second Harvest– the Balance of the Year. | 第二次收割 昼夜平分日 |
[13:02] | – Autumnal equinox. – That’s right. | -秋分 -没错 |
[13:04] | Day and night. | 日和夜 |
[13:05] | Light and dark in perfect harmony. | 光和暗完美和谐 |
[13:09] | Well, thanks again. | 再次感谢 |
[13:11] | Not at all, my dear. | 不客气 亲爱的 |
[13:12] | Goddess bless thee. | 女神保佑你 |
[13:39] | – Hello. – No. | -你好 -不 |
[13:55] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[14:34] | Hello. | 你好 |
[14:34] | I’m Detective Constable Morse, City Police, Miss… | 我是摩斯警员 市警局 小姐是… |
[14:37] | Mrs. Levin– Ros. | 是莱文太太 萝丝 |
[14:40] | How do you do? | 你好吗 |
[14:40] | Oh, very well, thank you. | 很好 谢谢 |
[14:43] | I’m looking into the disappearance of a Dr. Matthew Laxman. | 我在调查马修·拉克斯曼博士的失踪案 |
[14:46] | He went missing about five years ago… | 他大概五年前失踪的 |
[14:48] | Oh, well, we’ve not been in the area very long. | 我们并没搬来那么久 |
[14:51] | Jon, my husband, works at the power plant. | 乔恩 我丈夫 在电站工作 |
[14:54] | Right– American? | 好吧 美国人吗 |
[14:56] | Omaha, Nebraska. | 内布拉斯加州奥马哈 |
[14:58] | And what do you make of it, Bramford? | 你觉得这里怎么样 布兰姆福德 |
[15:00] | Yeah, uh… | 嗯 |
[15:02] | Kind of quaint. | 挺古雅的 |
[15:04] | And the people seem nice, if a little strange. | 人看上去不错 就是有点怪 |
[15:13] | You should talk to Dowsable. | 你该去找道瑟伯 |
[15:14] | Uh, Miss Chattox. | 查多克斯小姐 |
[15:16] | She’s a house in the woods, | 她在林子里有间房子 |
[15:17] | at the bottom of the valley. | 在山谷谷底 |
[15:22] | Right. | 好吧 |
[15:24] | Well, thank you for your help. | 多谢帮忙 |
[15:25] | Yeah, you’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[15:26] | Good luck with everything. | 祝你一切顺利 |
[16:11] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[16:13] | Miss Chattox? | 查多克斯小姐 |
[16:20] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[16:28] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[16:30] | – My name is… – Morse. | -我叫 -摩斯 |
[16:32] | That’s your name, isn’t it? | 你叫这个 是吧 |
[16:35] | Morse. | 摩斯 |
[16:37] | I’ve been expecting you. | 我一直在等你 |
[16:41] | You know you really oughtn’t go around pointing guns at people. | 你真的不该随便拿枪指人 |
[16:44] | I get all sorts coming here. | 来这里的人各式各样 |
[16:45] | Surveyors, water people, | 测量员 水利局 |
[16:48] | them buggers from the power station. | 还有电站的混蛋 |
[16:50] | Besides, you was trespassing. | 再说 是你擅闯 |
[16:52] | I thought you were expecting me. | 你不是说你在等我吗 |
[16:54] | What do you want coming here, | 你为什么要跑到这里来 |
[16:56] | troubling a poor defenseless old woman? | 打扰一个可怜无助的老太婆 |
[16:58] | You didn’t seem particularly defenseless | 在我看来 你似乎也 |
[17:00] | from where I was standing. | 没那么无助 |
[17:01] | I don’t know what you’re bothering me for. | 我不知道你为什么要来打扰我 |
[17:03] | I told that other policeman, the one that come before. | 我跟之前来的那个警察都说了 |
[17:07] | I never saw that Dr. Laxman. | 我没见过那个拉克斯曼博士 |
[17:10] | Well, that was County– I’m City. | 那是郡警局 我是市警局的 |
[17:14] | It was five years ago this weekend. | 那是五年前的这个周末 |
[17:15] | I know when he went. | 我知道他什么时候失踪的 |
[17:17] | The balance of the year, when the veil is thinnest. | 昼夜平分日 帷幕最薄 |
[17:20] | The veil? | 帷幕 |
[17:21] | Between the world of day and night. | 阴阳界之间的帷幕 |
[17:25] | The equinox is science, Miss Chattox. | 昼夜平分日是有科学道理的 查多克斯小姐 |
[17:27] | It’s not superstition. | 不是迷信 |
[17:28] | In any event, sometimes people remember things they forget. | 总之 人们有时会又想起自己遗忘的事 |
[17:31] | I don’t. | 我不会 |
[17:32] | Well, then, I’ve had a wasted journey. | 那好吧 我白跑一趟了 |
[17:37] | Good afternoon. | 再见了 |
[17:38] | The American girl sent you. | 是那美国姑娘叫你来的 |
[17:42] | You want to keep an eye on that one. | 你可要小心她 |
[17:45] | Darkness presses in close upon her. | 黑暗在逼近她 |
[17:49] | There are signs, if you know how to read them. | 如果你会看 是有迹象的 |
[17:53] | A lamb with two heads was born in the spring. | 春天时 降生了一只双头羔羊 |
[17:58] | You ask my grandson Seth if you don’t believe me. | 你要不信 去问我孙子赛斯 |
[19:05] | April 11, Joan’s birthday. | 4月11日 琼的生日 |
[19:10] | “Agnes Chattox, | 艾格妮丝·查多克斯 |
[19:12] | “April the 11th, 1623- | 1623年4月11日生 |
[19:14] | September 22, 1645, | 1645年9月22日卒 |
[19:17] | Spinster of This Parish.” | 教区老处女 |
[19:19] | I think I just met one of her relatives out in the woods. | 我刚还在林子里遇见了一个她的亲戚呢 |
[19:21] | Local wise woman– | 本地女巫[聪明女人] |
[19:23] | or not. | 也或者没那么聪明 |
[19:24] | She were hanged. | 她被绞死的 |
[19:27] | Agnes. | 艾格妮丝 |
[19:28] | Tested and hanged. | 测试后被绞死的 |
[19:30] | For what? | 因为什么 |
[19:30] | Consorting with an imp. | 与小鬼媾和 |
[19:32] | And all other manner of black deviltries besides. | 还做了各种其他邪恶的坏事 |
[19:36] | Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live. | 行邪术的女人 不可容她存活 |
[19:38] | Is that right, Mr…? | 是吗 先生是… |
[19:40] | Zebulon Sadler. | 扎比朗·萨德勒 |
[19:42] | Sexton of All Souls. | 教堂司事 |
[19:44] | So you’ve found him, then, have you? | 你们找到他了吗 |
[19:47] | Him who’s been missing since ’62? | 那个1962年就失踪的男人 |
[19:49] | That’s why all your people’s all over the mere, isn’t it? | 你们的人就是为这个去了沼泽吧 |
[19:51] | – I don’t suppose you remember seeing him, do you? – No. | -你不记得见过他吧 -不 |
[19:54] | You won’t find anybody hereabouts as did. | 你在这里不会找到见过他的人 |
[19:56] | Why’s that? | 为什么 |
[19:57] | Because he never came here. | 因为他没来过 |
[20:01] | You seem very certain. | 你好肯定 |
[20:02] | Of course I’m certain– it was Harvest Weekend. | 当然肯定 那是收割周末 |
[20:04] | An outsider’d stand out like a sore thumb. | 如果有外人来 肯定很显眼 |
[20:08] | That’ll be the power plant. | 那是电站 |
[20:10] | They test their alarm bells every day about the same time. | 他们每天大概同一时间测试警报 |
[20:13] | Now, if you’ll excuse me, I got a burial to see to. | 失陪了 我还得去打理一场葬礼 |
[20:27] | I see you’ve met our sexton. | 你们见过我们教堂司事了 |
[20:29] | Curling your hair with tales of | 他又说些魔鬼行走人间的话 |
[20:31] | the devil walking abroad, was he? | 让你们汗毛直竖了吧 |
[20:32] | Something like that. | 差不多吧 |
[20:34] | He can lay it on a bit thick. | 他有时是会比较夸张 |
[20:35] | Particularly with strangers. | 尤其是对陌生人 |
[20:38] | Dr. Berger– Tristan. | 博杰医生 崔斯坦 |
[20:40] | D.I. Thursday. | 瑟斯戴督察 |
[20:41] | I’m the local sawbones. | 我是本地医生 |
[20:43] | I’ve a surgery in King’s Abbot, but I live here in Bramford. | 我在金亚伯有间诊疗室 但我住在布兰姆福德 |
[20:46] | You’re looking for that chap that went missing? | 你们在找那个失踪者吧 |
[20:49] | Laxman. | 拉克斯曼 |
[20:49] | You recollect anything? | 你记得什么吗 |
[20:51] | No, I’m afraid not. | 恐怕不 |
[20:52] | I was away that weekend. | 我那周末没在 |
[20:54] | Symposium in the Midlands. | 去中部地区开讨论会了 |
[20:56] | I could ask my sister, Selina. | 我可以去问问我妹妹 瑟琳娜 |
[20:58] | She keeps house for me at The Grange. | 她帮我打理在格兰奇的房子 |
[21:01] | Where can I reach you, if… | 我要怎么找你们 如果我… |
[21:03] | Cowley Station. | 考利警局 |
[21:05] | Well, then, we won’t keep you. | 那我们不耽搁你了 |
[21:07] | Not at all, it was very good to meet you. | 哪里 认识你们很高兴 |
[21:26] | How was your day? | 你今天过得如何 |
[21:28] | Oh, it was an endless social whirl. | 没完没了地跟人社交呢 |
[21:31] | You’ll read all about it in next month’s Harper’s. | 下个月的《哈泼杂志》会详尽刊载 |
[21:33] | If you want to meet people, | 如果你想认识人 |
[21:34] | you’ve got to go into the village. | 就得进村去 |
[21:35] | You got to talk to them. | 跟他们说话 |
[21:36] | I don’t like the way some of them look at me. | 我不喜欢他们一些人看我的眼神 |
[21:39] | Well, try Oxford, then. | 那就去牛津试试 |
[21:42] | A policeman came by. | 有个警察来过 |
[21:44] | That broke the monotony. | 这倒是打破了单调 |
[21:46] | A cop? | 警察 |
[21:48] | What did he want? | 他有什么事 |
[21:48] | Someone went missing near here. | 有人在这一带失踪了 |
[21:50] | A botanist. | 一个植物学家 |
[21:52] | When was this? | 什么时候的事 |
[21:52] | Oh, years ago. | 好几年前了 |
[21:54] | Before we came here. | 我们来之前 |
[22:32] | I knew there was something not right about the Laxman case. | 我就知道拉克斯曼案不对劲 |
[22:35] | Right from the off– felt it in my water. | 从一开始就感觉到了 |
[22:38] | What about County– anything of any use there? | 郡警局那边呢 有可用的线索吗 |
[22:42] | Well I’ve been through County case files. | 我翻看了郡警局的案卷 |
[22:44] | It appears to have been a textbook investigation. | 似乎是很规范的调查 |
[22:46] | Well, that should tell you something from the start. | 那就足以说明问题了 |
[22:49] | Since when have County done a textbook anything? | 郡警局什么时候讲求规范了 |
[22:51] | There is one oddity. | 但有一点挺奇怪 |
[22:53] | They didn’t speak to anyone at Bramford Power Station. | 他们完全没找布兰姆福德电站的人谈 |
[22:56] | It’s just four miles up the road from where Laxman disappeared. | 距拉克斯曼失踪地沿路只有四英里 |
[22:59] | Huge staff. | 人员众多 |
[23:00] | 700 potential eyewitnesses, | 七百名潜在目击证人 |
[23:01] | and County didn’t speak to one of them. | 郡警局完全没找过任何人问话 |
[23:03] | See what you can dig out. | 你去查查看 |
[23:04] | Sir. | 是 长官 |
[23:05] | Goodnight, Mrs. Thursday. | 晚安 瑟斯戴太太 |
[23:09] | Win? | 温 |
[23:10] | Morse is going. | 摩斯要走了 |
[23:15] | She gets lost in her programs. | 她看节目会很投入 |
[23:19] | Tell me how you make out. | 查到什么告诉我 |
[23:20] | There was one more thing. | 还有件事 |
[23:22] | It’s, um, the autumnal equinox this weekend. | 本周末是秋分 |
[23:25] | I know because Bramford village | 我之所以知道 是因为布兰姆福德村 |
[23:26] | – make a big song and dance about it. – And? | -对此很看重 会大肆庆祝 -怎么 |
[23:28] | It was the autumnal equinox five years ago | 拉克斯曼五年前失踪时 |
[23:30] | when Laxman disappeared. | 也正值秋分 |
[23:31] | What’re you saying, they’re somehow connected? | 怎么 这还有联系吗 |
[23:34] | I don’t know, but it is curious. | 我不知道 但挺奇怪的 |
[23:46] | What’s the matter that you can’t say cheerio to Morse? | 你是怎么了 都不能跟摩斯道个别吗 |
[23:51] | Win? | 温 |
[23:54] | Winifred. | 温妮弗雷德 |
[23:55] | What’s going on? | 你是怎么了 |
[23:59] | I thought he was fond of her. | 我还以为他喜欢她呢 |
[24:02] | In his way. | 以他的方式 |
[24:04] | Police. | 警察啊 |
[24:06] | When it comes to murder, you can find a needle in a haystack, | 发生了凶案 你能做到大海捞针 |
[24:09] | but when it’s about your own daughter… | 可事关你自己的女儿 |
[24:12] | The pair of you’. | 你们俩 |
[24:25] | Police. | 警察 |
[24:26] | If you could pull over by the barrier. | 请在栏杆前停下 |
[24:44] | Do you have an appointment? | 你是否有预约 |
[24:45] | – No. – Then, I’m sorry, sir. | -没有 -那抱歉 先生 |
[24:46] | There’s no unauthorized access to the site. | 电站禁止未授权访问 |
[24:51] | This warrant card is my authority. | 这张警察证就是我的授权 |
[24:54] | Up to the gate, sir. | 能到大门 先生 |
[24:55] | Beyond that, you’ll need to make an appointment. | 要再进里面 就需要预约 |
[24:57] | With whom? | 跟谁 |
[24:57] | The appropriate ministry. | 相关部门 |
[25:01] | Turn the car around, sir. | 调转车头吧 先生 |
[25:08] | Look, in the last two hours, | 这两小时里 |
[25:10] | I have spoken to the Atomic Energy Authority, | 我先找了原子能管理局 |
[25:12] | who have referred me to the M.O.D. | 他们让我去找国防部 |
[25:14] | The M.O.D. have referred me | 国防部又让我找 |
[25:15] | to the permanent undersecretary’s office, | 常务副部长办公室 |
[25:17] | who have now referred me to you. | 他们又让我来找你 |
[25:18] | I just want to know how I get access | 我只想知道要如何进入 |
[25:21] | to Bramford Power Station. | 布兰姆福德电站 |
[25:28] | Right, well, thank you for nothing. | 好吧 多谢你没帮忙了 |
[25:48] | Rodents. | 老鼠 |
[25:50] | According to Dr. DeBryn. | 德布林医生说的 |
[25:52] | The specs. | 眼镜 |
[25:56] | The rats have had a nibble, haven’t they? | 老鼠啃过了 |
[25:59] | Anyway, you haven’t forgotten about tonight? | 对了 今晚的事你没忘吧 |
[26:02] | We’re counting on you. | 我们指望你了 |
[26:04] | Okay, ladies and gentlemen, | 好了 女士们先生们 |
[26:06] | – ready for the next question, – Thanks. | -准备回答下个问题 -谢谢 |
[26:07] | so get those thinking caps on, please. | 开动脑筋吧 |
[26:09] | Which famous film star, once married to Conrad Hilton, | 哪位著名影星 是康拉德·希尔顿的前妻 |
[26:14] | married her fifth husband in March of last year? | 去年3月与第五任丈夫结婚了 |
[26:19] | Elizabeth Taylor? | 伊丽莎白·泰勒吗 |
[26:20] | She’s been hitched tons. | 她结过好几次婚了 |
[26:22] | Zsa Zsa Gabor. | 莎莎·嘉宝 |
[26:23] | That’s it. | 就是她 |
[26:24] | Sport, now. | 体育类 |
[26:25] | Which player on the winning side | 哪位获胜队的球手 |
[26:28] | scored in both the semifinal and the final… | 踢进了半决赛和决赛… |
[26:36] | Frank Saul, eh? | 弗兰克·索尔 |
[26:37] | Who’d’ve thought? | 真没想到 |
[26:39] | Chip? | 薯条 |
[26:40] | No, thank you. | 不了 谢谢 |
[26:46] | Listen, I’ve been meaning to say. | 我一直想说 |
[26:48] | Mate of mine in London’s starting a new unit. | 我伦敦一个朋友要组建新队伍 |
[26:51] | Asked me if I could recommend a good bagman. | 问我能不能推荐个好副手 |
[26:53] | Thought maybe after that knockback with your sergeant’s… | 或许经过了你警长考试的那次挫折后… |
[26:55] | It were more than a knockback. | 可不是一般的挫折 |
[26:57] | Well, there you go. | 就是啊 |
[26:59] | If your face don’t fit, matey. | 既然这里不留爷… |
[27:02] | Be automatic promotion. | 能自动晋升 |
[27:03] | More money. | 涨工资 |
[27:04] | London weighting. | 还有伦敦的生活补贴 |
[27:06] | It’s a solid offer. | 好机会 |
[27:09] | It’s a D.I. Craddock, Tintagel House. | 克莱多克督察 廷杰戈堂 |
[27:11] | We were at Hendon together. | 我们是亨顿警校同学 |
[27:13] | You should give him a call. | 你该给他打个电话 |
[27:18] | See you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[27:19] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[28:26] | Little toerags. | 小混蛋 |
[28:28] | Sorry, matey. | 真遗憾 伙计 |
[28:29] | Oh, it’s one of those things. | 就是倒霉嘛 |
[28:31] | We see it enough. | 我们不常见到 |
[28:32] | Yeah, but you’re one of our own. | 是啊 但你可是我们自己人 |
[28:34] | Well, you can’t stay on here with it like this, can you? | 乱成这样你也没法住了 |
[28:36] | You’re welcome to doss at mine till you get yourself straight. | 你收拾好之前 可以去我家住 |
[28:38] | Oh, no. | 不了 |
[28:40] | Thank you, thanks. | 谢谢你 |
[28:41] | I’d sooner make a start. | 我还是尽快开始收拾吧 |
[28:43] | Right. | 好吧 |
[28:45] | Well, the offer’s there. | 反正我的提议有效 |
[28:48] | Chin up, matey. | 振作点 伙计 |
[28:49] | Shir. | 雪莉 |
[28:51] | Morse. | 摩斯 |
[28:55] | Strange said they made a right mess of things. | 斯特兰奇说他们把家里都翻乱了 |
[28:57] | Oh, it’s nothing, really. | 没关系的 |
[28:59] | Anything to go on? | 有什么线索吗 |
[29:00] | Scene of Crime have dusted for prints, | 犯罪现场调查员已查了指纹 |
[29:01] | so we’ll just have to wait and see. | 只能等了 |
[29:05] | Miss Berger called the station– from Bramford. | 博杰小姐从布兰姆福德打电话去了警局 |
[29:07] | The GP’s sister. | 那个医生的妹妹 |
[29:22] | Miss Berger? | 博杰小姐 |
[29:23] | – Yes. – D.I. Thursday, D.C. Morse. | -对 -瑟斯戴督察 摩斯警员 |
[29:25] | I believe you rang the station. | 你给警局打过电话吧 |
[29:31] | It was a Friday. | 那是个周五 |
[29:32] | I’d been into town to return my books to Boots | 我去城里还书 |
[29:35] | and to take in the matinée at the cinema. | 还去电影院看了个日场 |
[29:38] | On the way back to Bramford, | 回布兰姆福德的路上 |
[29:39] | the bus was held up a moment | 公共汽车被耽搁了一会儿 |
[29:41] | by a milk herd being brought back from pasture. | 因为赶上了一群从草场回来的奶牛 |
[29:44] | And that’s when I noticed it. | 这时我就注意到了 |
[29:46] | Noticed what? | 注意到什么 |
[29:48] | The car. | 车 |
[29:49] | A black Morris Oxford. | 一辆黑色莫里斯牛津 |
[29:51] | It had come off the road. | 它冲出了大道 |
[29:52] | Where was this? | 是在哪 |
[29:53] | About four miles out of the village. | 距村子四英里处 |
[29:55] | A couple of miles before the turnoff for the power station. | 距去电站的岔路口还有两英里 |
[29:58] | What time was this? | 这是什么时间 |
[30:00] | About 6:00? | 大概6点吧 |
[30:02] | Perhaps a little later. | 也可能是过了6点 |
[30:05] | I suppose I just put it out of my head. | 我就是忘记这回事了 |
[30:08] | Didn’t think any more about it. | 再没去多想过了 |
[30:09] | You didn’t notice it on the way into town? | 你进城时没注意到它在吗 |
[30:11] | No. | 没有 |
[30:13] | But the bus had to take a detour on the way in | 但因为有棵树倒了 公共汽车进城时 |
[30:15] | on account of a tree being down. | 不得不绕了路 |
[30:17] | How come you’ve remembered it now? | 你怎么现在突然记起了 |
[30:19] | Well, Tristan said the police were in the village | 崔斯坦说警察来了村里 |
[30:20] | asking questions, and… | 问问题 |
[30:25] | Hello again. | 又见了 |
[30:26] | Just popped home for some lunch. | 我就回家来吃点午饭 |
[30:28] | – I’m not interrupting? – Not at all, sir. | -我没有打扰你们吧 -没有 先生 |
[30:31] | Right. | 好吧 |
[30:33] | Well, I’ll leave you to it. | 那你们继续吧 |
[30:37] | Why didn’t you report it at the time, | 拉克斯曼博士失踪的时候 |
[30:39] | when Dr. Laxman went missing? | 你为什么没上报呢 |
[30:41] | I don’t suppose I put two and two together at all. | 我当时没把这些事联系起来 |
[30:43] | But I certainly don’t remember any mention of a car | 但也我不记得警察第一次来询问时 |
[30:46] | the first time the police came round. | 提到过车的事 |
[30:47] | You’re sure it was a Friday, then? | 你确定是周五吗 |
[30:50] | I thought so. | 我想是的 |
[30:52] | Of course, I… | 当然 我 |
[30:54] | I might be mistaken about when I saw it. | 我也可能会弄错时间 |
[30:57] | I seem to think it was early autumn. | 我觉得好像是初秋的时候 |
[31:00] | Certainly before I heard anything about Dr. Laxman. | 绝对是在我听说拉克斯曼博士失踪的事之前 |
[31:02] | What was the film that you saw? | 你当时看的是什么电影 |
[31:05] | You said you took in a matinee at the cinema. | 你说你去电影院看了个日场 |
[31:08] | It was five years ago now. | 那都是五年前的事了 |
[31:11] | Um, I think it was the one about | 好像是那部讲 |
[31:13] | the borstal boy who becomes a runner. | 一名少年犯成为赛跑运动员的影片 |
[31:18] | All right, thank you, Miss Berger. | 好 谢谢你 博杰小姐 |
[31:20] | That’s been most useful. | 你提供了很大帮助 |
[31:24] | They seemed nice, didn’t they? | 他们看起来很友善 是吧 |
[31:25] | Yes. | 对 |
[31:27] | I left some tongue in the fridge. | 我在冰箱里留了一些舌头 |
[31:28] | Did you see? | 你看见了吗 |
[31:29] | Yes, I did. | 看见了 |
[31:31] | Did you have some? | 你吃了点没 |
[31:32] | Yes. | 吃了 |
[31:33] | Was it nice? | 还好吃吗 |
[31:36] | It was, quite. | 很不错 |
[31:37] | Good– you’re not angry? | 那就好 你没生气吧 |
[31:39] | Good heavens, no. | 当然没有 |
[31:41] | You’re just doing your duty. | 你只是在尽自己的责任 |
[31:43] | I’m very proud of you. | 我为你感到骄傲 |
[31:49] | When will you be back? | 你什么时候回来 |
[31:50] | Late, I should think. | 应该会比较晚 |
[31:51] | Don’t wait up. | 不用等我了 |
[32:24] | Do you think it was Laxman’s car? | 你觉得那是拉克斯曼的车吗 |
[32:28] | Ask around the garages hereabouts. | 在附近的汽修店打听一下 |
[32:31] | See if anyone brought a Morris in for repair. | 问问是否有人去修过一辆莫里斯 |
[32:33] | Would think they would have been spoken to at the time, | 按说他们当时应该接受过问话了 |
[32:35] | wouldn’t you? | 不是吗 |
[32:38] | County. | 郡警局 |
[32:39] | If she even saw what she saw. | 如果她所言非虚的话 |
[32:45] | Laxman was anti-nuclear? | 拉克斯曼是反核人士 |
[32:47] | You think he had something to do with the power station? | 你觉得他的事和电站有关吗 |
[32:51] | Well, not necessarily. | 不一定 |
[32:53] | But it’s such a huge staff, | 但那么多员工 |
[32:54] | someone might have seen something. | 也许有人看到了什么 |
[32:57] | Problem is, I can’t get access to the site. | 问题是 我无法进去调查 |
[32:59] | Well, I’m due to go out there, interview the director, | 我正准备去那里 采访主管 |
[33:01] | chap called Elliott Blake. | 艾略特·布雷克 |
[33:03] | How’s that? | 采访什么 |
[33:04] | Their new reactor, Bramford B– | 他们的新核反应堆 布兰姆福德B |
[33:07] | also known as “Goldenrod”– | 代号”麒麟草” |
[33:08] | becomes operational this weekend. | 这周末开始正式运转 |
[33:10] | We’ve been invited to bang the drum. | 我们被邀请去呐喊助威 |
[33:12] | By whom? | 谁邀请的 |
[33:13] | Blake himself. | 布雷克本人 |
[33:14] | He’s the darling of the atomic industry, | 他是原子工业的宠儿 |
[33:16] | but there’s a lot of bad feeling about | 但很多人不赞同他们 |
[33:18] | their plans to flood the valley for a reservoir. | 淹没山谷做水库的计划 |
[33:22] | How are you with a camera? | 你会用照相机吗 |
[33:26] | Night, then. | 晚安了 |
[33:27] | Can we give you a lift? | 要我们送你回去吗 |
[33:28] | No, a patrol car can run me. | 不用 我坐巡逻车回去 |
[33:32] | What’s all this? | 这些是什么 |
[33:33] | From Morse’s place. | 都是摩斯家的东西 |
[33:35] | Scene of Crime are done with it. | 犯罪现场调查员检查完了 |
[33:37] | Wondered if he might want some of it back. | 或许有些东西他还会想拿回去 |
[33:38] | Anything? | 查到什么没有 |
[33:40] | Clean as a whistle. | 毫无发现 |
[33:41] | The only prints they turned up are his. | 他们只查到他自己的指纹 |
[34:03] | You all right, sir? | 没事吧 长官 |
[34:09] | Fine. | 没事 |
[34:13] | Fine. | 没事 |
[34:44] | Dorothea Frazil, Oxford Mail. | 多蕾茜娅·弗雷泽 《牛津邮报》 |
[34:46] | I’ve an appointment with Mr. Blake. | 我和布雷克先生有约 |
[34:48] | My photographer, Snappy Jenkins. | 这是我的摄影师 斯奈皮·詹金斯 |
[34:51] | Wait there. | 在这儿等着 |
[34:52] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[34:55] | Snappy? | 斯奈皮 |
[34:56] | Well, you can be. | 你有时就是 |
[35:03] | Elliott Blake, director of operations. | 我是艾略特·布雷克 运营主管 |
[35:05] | Welcome to Bramford. | 欢迎来到布兰姆福德 |
[35:06] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[35:07] | This is your photographer, is it? | 这是你的摄影师吗 |
[35:10] | For today. | 仅限今天 |
[35:11] | But the rest of the time, | 但其余时候 |
[35:12] | he works for the City Police. | 他在市警局工作 |
[35:15] | Detective Constable Morse. | 我是摩斯警员 |
[35:18] | He tried to get on to the site to see you. | 他一直想进站见你 |
[35:19] | Without success. | 却屡屡受挫 |
[35:20] | I was told someone from Oxford City Police had been by. | 是有人告诉我牛津市警局来人找过我 |
[35:23] | – That was you, I take it. – Yes, that was me. | -那就是你咯 -没错 是我 |
[35:25] | A Dr. Matthew Laxman who worked at the Botanic Gardens, | 有一位在植物园工作的马修·拉克斯曼博士 |
[35:28] | he went missing from the area around five years ago. | 五年前在这附近失踪了 |
[35:31] | Yes, I remember. | 对 我有印象 |
[35:33] | Though what has that to do with the station? | 但这和电站有什么关系 |
[35:34] | It appears some of our colleagues at County | 我们在郡警局的同事 |
[35:36] | failed to question anyone on the site. | 当时似乎并未来电站做过问询 |
[35:38] | Do you remember Matthew Laxman visiting the station? | 你是否记得马修·拉克斯曼来过电站 |
[35:41] | Well, we work very closely with many scientific departments, | 我们跟很多科学部门密切合作过 |
[35:44] | but I can’t recall ever receiving | 但我并不记得接待过 |
[35:46] | a delegation from the Botanic Gardens. | 来自植物园的代表团 |
[35:50] | But you’re welcome to join Miss Frazil for the tour. | 但欢迎你跟弗雷泽小姐一起来参观 |
[36:46] | Bramford has been in operation since shortly after the war. | 布兰姆福德是在战后不久投入运营的 |
[36:49] | Early work here | 这里的早期工作 |
[36:50] | helped Britain take its rightful place at the atomic table. | 让英国在原子能领域获得了应有的地位 |
[36:54] | Keeping up with Uncle Sam. | 跟上美国的步伐 |
[36:55] | And Uncle Joe. | 还有苏联 |
[36:58] | Please put these on. | 请戴上这个 |
[36:59] | What is it? | 是什么 |
[37:00] | Film badge dosimeter. | 照射量测定软片 |
[37:01] | It’s purely a precaution, but safety is our priority. | 纯属预防措施 但安全是我们的首要考虑 |
[37:05] | What does it measure? | 测量什么的 |
[37:06] | Cumulative radiation dose. | 积累辐射量 |
[37:08] | Should there be any exposure, the film will darken. But | 如果遭到辐射 软片会变黑 |
[37:12] | don’t worry. | 但别担心 |
[37:13] | That won’t happen. | 不会发生那种事的 |
[37:16] | Well, that’s put my mind at rest. | 那我就安心了 |
[37:22] | I suppose Morse told you. | 是摩斯告诉你的吧 |
[37:25] | I asked him not to say anything. | 我叫他别说了 |
[37:27] | He gave me his word. | 他还保证了 |
[37:29] | He kept it. | 他没食言 |
[37:31] | I told you not to look for me. | 我叫你别找我了 |
[37:34] | You’re my daughter. | 你是我女儿 |
[37:36] | Of course I’m going to look for you. | 我当然要找你 |
[37:40] | I didn’t come here to row. | 我不是来吵架的 |
[37:42] | Good. | 好 |
[37:59] | Nice place. | 地方不错 |
[38:00] | It’s all right. | 还好吧 |
[38:02] | What’re you doing for work? | 你在做什么工作 |
[38:05] | A boutique in Leamington. | 利明顿一家精品店 |
[38:07] | Oh, and what’s this? Afternoon off? | 那现在是下午休假吗 |
[38:09] | Half-day closing. | 关店半日 |
[38:20] | Who is he? | 那男人是谁 |
[38:23] | Why has there always got to be a he? | 为什么肯定得有个男人 |
[38:25] | Unless you’ve started smoking Weights. | 这烟难道是你的 |
[38:27] | Is this what we raised you to? | 我们就把你养成了这样吗 |
[38:28] | Some bloke’s fancy piece? | 给男人做小老婆 |
[38:30] | He’s nice. | 他人不错 |
[38:31] | Married? Kids? | 有老婆 有孩子了 |
[38:33] | He’s going to leave her. | 他会离开她的 |
[38:34] | That what he told you? | 他跟你说的吗 |
[38:35] | I thought that you said you didn’t come here for a row. | 你不是说你不是来吵架的吗 |
[38:38] | Come home. | 回家去 |
[38:43] | This building houses our new fast breeder reactor, | 这栋楼里是我们的新快中子增殖反应堆 |
[38:46] | Goldenrod. | 麒麟草 |
[38:48] | It’s due to join the National Grid this weekend. | 本周末就将加入国家电网 |
[38:57] | So who was he, this Dr. Laxman? | 他是什么人 这个拉克斯曼博士 |
[38:59] | He was a friend of Professor Bagley. | 他是巴格利教授的朋友 |
[39:01] | Do you know him? | 你认识他吗 |
[39:01] | Bramford probably wouldn’t have existed without him. | 没有他 可能就不会有布兰姆福德 |
[39:04] | Professor Bagley proved vital to Britain’s efforts | 巴格利教授对于英国发展自己的 |
[39:07] | in developing its own nuclear capability. | 核能力至关重要 |
[39:11] | Before he lost his way, of course. | 当然了 是在他迷失方向之前 |
[39:12] | How’s that? | 怎么说 |
[39:14] | His wife was with him at Woomera and the Montebello Islands | 他妻子随他一起去了乌梅洛和蒙特贝洛岛 |
[39:14] | 均在澳大利亚 英国核试验对澳大利亚的残留影响极大 | |
[39:18] | for the first British nuclear tests. | 观看英国首次核试验 |
[39:20] | Later, she developed a particularly aggressive leukemia. | 之后 她患上了一种恶性白血病 |
[39:24] | And Bagley blamed himself. | 巴格利感到自责 |
[39:26] | When she died, | 她死后 |
[39:27] | he recanted his admiration for atomic energy. | 他不再支持核能源了 |
[39:31] | Disavowed his achievements. | 否认了自己的成就 |
[39:33] | That’s understandable, in the circumstances. | 考虑到他的情况 这情有可原 |
[39:36] | Perhaps, but… | 或许吧 但是 |
[39:38] | You can’t disinvent the wheel. | 你无法撤销轮子的发明 |
[39:40] | Please. | 请 |
[39:45] | Let me show you the control room. | 我带你们去控制室 |
[39:51] | How’s Mum? | 妈妈怎么样了 |
[39:58] | Half out of her mind with worry. | 担心得要疯了 |
[40:01] | You could’ve called, just to… set her mind at rest. | 你就不能打个电话 让她安下心来 |
[40:04] | I couldn’t. | 我不能 |
[40:06] | She’d have got around me. | 她会说服我回去的 |
[40:07] | Would that have been the end of the world? | 那就那么糟吗 |
[40:08] | See? | 看 |
[40:10] | That’s why I had to go. | 所以我才必须走 |
[40:13] | If I come home, | 如果我回家 |
[40:15] | what then? | 然后呢 |
[40:18] | Back to the 9:00 to 5:00? | 回去朝九晚五吗 |
[40:20] | Tea in front of the telly? | 在电视机前吃晚饭 |
[40:22] | The Saturday dates with some nice boy | 周六找个绝不会把手 |
[40:24] | who won’t try and put his hand up my skirt? | 伸进我裙子里的好男孩约会 |
[40:26] | – Joan… – Is-is that what you want me to be? | -琼 -你是希望我变成那样吗 |
[40:30] | The engagement party? | 订婚派对 |
[40:32] | Uncle Charlie’s blue jokes at the wedding? | 查理叔叔在婚礼上讲黄段子 |
[40:34] | Two-up, two-down on some new estate, | 在新小区买栋上下各两间屋的房子 |
[40:36] | every house the same, with a pram in the hall? | 左邻右舍都一模一样 走廊里还有辆婴儿车 |
[40:38] | Why not? | 有什么不好 |
[40:40] | We’d have been glad of something like that, | 我们当年要有那条件会乐坏的 |
[40:41] | your mother and me. | 我和你妈 |
[40:43] | You’re too young to remember, but… | 你太小不会记得 但是 |
[40:45] | Our first two years of married life | 我们刚结婚的头两年 |
[40:47] | after I’d come back from the war, | 战后 我刚回来时 |
[40:48] | we lived with your nan and granddad over the ironmongers’. | 我们跟你爷爷奶奶一起住在五金店楼上 |
[40:52] | Moved into the prefab, we thought we’d won the pools. | 搬进预制房屋时 简直感觉像中了大奖 |
[40:55] | I’m not you and mum. | 我不是你和妈妈 |
[41:00] | And it’s not your life, it’s mine. | 这不是你的人生 是我的 |
[41:10] | I’m her father. | 我是她父亲 |
[41:13] | Ray. | 雷 |
[41:22] | Pleased to meet you. | 认识你很高兴 |
[41:27] | You want me to come back? | 要我待会儿再来吗 |
[41:28] | Take no notice, he’s just leaving. | 不必 他就走了 |
[41:31] | I’m not done here. | 我没完事呢 |
[41:32] | Oh, I think you are, mate. | 我看你是没事了 伙计 |
[41:48] | Is this really what you want? | 这真是你想要的吗 |
[41:53] | Well. | 好吧 |
[41:57] | You’ve made your bed. | 路是你自己选的 |
[42:11] | And the radioactive material… | 那些辐射材料 |
[42:13] | Is it safe? | 安全吗 |
[42:14] | Perfectly. | 非常安全 |
[42:15] | There’s more radioactivity comes down the Thames from Oxford | 牛津医院流入泰晤士河的辐射 |
[42:18] | due to the hospitals than comes out of Bramford. | 都比布兰姆福德发出得多 |
[42:22] | Goldenrod is controlled by a computer, | 麒麟草是由一台电脑控制 |
[42:25] | thus removing the risk of human error. | 这就排除了人为错误的风险 |
[42:28] | The latest Joint Computing Nexus model. | 最新的共享超级计算机 |
[42:32] | Presumably there’s a human failsafe, beyond the computer. | 但还有电脑之外的手动故障保险措施吧 |
[42:36] | Dr. Levin, this is Miss Frazil of the Oxford Mail | 莱文博士 这是《牛津邮报》的弗雷泽小姐 |
[42:38] | and, uh, Detective Constable Morse of the City Police. | 和市警局的摩斯警员 |
[42:41] | I’m been giving them a tour of the facility. | 我在带他们参观电站 |
[42:43] | Perhaps you could allay their fears. | 或许你可以安抚他们的担忧 |
[42:46] | Of course, of course– well, uh, well, naturally, | 没问题 当然了 |
[42:48] | we do retain a human failsafe, | 我们还有手动故障保险措施 |
[42:51] | based on the, uh, the SCRAM system. | 是基于紧急停堆系统 |
[42:54] | Don’t be alarmed, it’s just a test. | 别担心 只是测试 |
[42:57] | Well, I have a few questions | 我还有些问题 |
[42:59] | about Goldenrod’s contribution to the arms race, Mr. Blake. | 是关于麒麟草对军备战的影响 布雷克先生 |
[43:01] | I’m sure Morse will excuse us. | 摩斯不会介意我们失陪吧 |
[43:04] | Oh, Dr. Levin will be happy to answer | 莱文博士会乐意回答 |
[43:06] | any further questions you may have. | 你任何的其他问题 |
[43:08] | And if you could dig out those visitors’ books, | 麻烦你找一下访客名册 |
[43:10] | I’d appreciate it. | 多谢了 |
[43:12] | Of course. As Miss Frazil said, | 当然 像弗雷泽小姐说的 |
[43:15] | we’ve nothing to hide. | 我们无可隐瞒 |
[43:34] | Hello, Ray. | 你好 雷 |
[43:37] | Now look, mate. | 听着 伙计 |
[43:38] | I’m not your mate– get up’. | 我不是你的伙计 起来 |
[43:41] | I’ll have the bloody law on you. | 我要报警抓你 |
[43:42] | I am the law. | 我就是警察 |
[43:43] | Detective Inspector Fred Thursday. | 弗莱德·瑟斯戴督察 |
[43:47] | 589LFT 5-8-9, Lima, Foxtrot, Tango. | |
[43:50] | In five minutes, | 五分钟内 |
[43:51] | I’ll know everything there is to know about you, | 我就能了解你的一切 |
[43:53] | from your home address to your inside leg. | 从你的家庭住址 到你的裤长 |
[43:54] | Yeah, I’ll report you’. | 那我去举报你 |
[43:55] | No, you won’t’. | 你不会的 |
[43:57] | You come near her again, I’ll fit you up for a nonse | 你再敢靠近她 我就给你按个莫须有的罪名 |
[43:59] | and have you in chokey so fast, | 你还来不及搞清楚怎么回事 |
[44:01] | you’ll wonder what’s hit you. | 就被关进监狱 |
[44:02] | You can’t do that. | 你不能那么做 |
[44:02] | Watch me. | 等着瞧 |
[44:42] | I met your wife the other day. | 我前两天见过你妻子 |
[44:44] | Regarding a Matthew Laxman. | 事关一位马修·拉克斯曼 |
[44:47] | Yes, yes, she said. | 是的 她说了 |
[44:49] | But I’m-I’m sure she told you | 但她也跟你说了吧 |
[44:50] | we’ve, uh, we’ve not been in England that long. | 我们来英国没那么久 |
[44:54] | And how are you finding it? | 你觉得这里怎么样 |
[44:57] | There’s a lot of misunderstanding amongst the public | 公众对原子能有很多 |
[44:59] | when it comes to atomic energy. | 误解 |
[45:01] | On the one hand, | 一方面 |
[45:02] | the plant has turned Bramford into a bit of a boomtown. | 电站让布兰姆福德发展了起来 |
[45:05] | On the other, a cow’s milk turns bad, | 另一方面 谁家奶牛的奶变质了 |
[45:08] | or a bad harvest… | 或哪年收成不好了 |
[45:09] | The plant gets the blame. | 电站就会背锅 |
[45:11] | Oh, it’s just ignorance. | 只是无知罢了 |
[45:12] | So you wouldn’t call Professor Bagley ignorant, presumably. | 你不会说巴格利教授无知吧 |
[45:16] | You know Donald? | 你认识唐纳德 |
[45:17] | Yes, I’ve met him– do you? | 是 我见过他 你呢 |
[45:19] | Sure, sure. | 当然 |
[45:20] | Prometheus Unbound was required reading for any physics major. | 《解放了的普罗米修斯》可是物理专业必读书 |
[45:23] | He’s been a hero to me for as long as I can recall. | 他一直都是我的英雄 |
[45:26] | I saw him whenever I came to England. | 我以前每次来英国都去看他 |
[45:28] | In fact, I wouldn’t be here without him. | 没有他 我也不会在这里 |
[45:31] | How’s that? | 怎么说 |
[45:32] | Oh, he gave me a reference. | 是他给了我推荐 |
[45:34] | The name Donald Bagley still opens doors at Bramford. | 唐纳德·巴格利的大名仍能在布兰姆福德敲开大门 |
[45:38] | When were you in England? | 你都什么时候来过英国 |
[45:40] | You said you visited Professor Bagley. | 你说你”以前”去看过巴格利教授 |
[45:41] | Yeah, uh, winter of ’59, uh, fall of ’62, | 1959年冬 1962年秋 |
[45:45] | and again in ’65. | 还有1965年秋 |
[45:47] | Fall ’62– September? | 1962年秋 9月吗 |
[45:50] | It’s just, earlier, you said that you… | 但是你之前说… |
[45:51] | Oh, uh, I was talking about Ros and me. | 我是指我和萝丝 |
[45:53] | As husband and wife. | 作为夫妻 |
[45:54] | We weren’t in England then. | 我们当时还没搬来英国 |
[45:56] | So you could have been here when Laxman disappeared. | 所以拉克斯曼失踪时 你可能就在这里 |
[45:59] | Yeah, yeah, sure. | 可能吧 |
[46:01] | I’d, I’d have to check my diary, but, uh… | 我得去查查我的日志了 |
[46:03] | Like I said, I never met the guy. | 我说了 我没见过他 |
[46:12] | I’m going away at the weekend. | 我周末要出门 |
[46:15] | Might not be back for some time. | 可能要走好一阵 |
[46:16] | I wonder, could I leave one or two things with you, | 不知我可否留一两样东西给你 |
[46:20] | for safekeeping? | 代为保管 |
[46:21] | Of course. | 当然 |
[46:23] | Is everything all right, Donald? | 一切都好吗 唐纳德 |
[46:25] | Oh, yes. | 当然 |
[46:27] | It will be. | 会好的 |
[46:34] | Just drop me here. | 我就在这里下 |
[46:35] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[46:37] | Oh, I need some fresh air. | 我需要呼吸新鲜空气 |
[46:41] | All well? | 一切都好吗 |
[46:43] | You seem a little out of sorts. | 你有点不知所措 |
[46:45] | My flat was burgled. | 我公寓被入室盗窃了 |
[46:48] | Bad luck. | 真倒霉 |
[46:50] | Maybe. | 或许吧 |
[46:53] | Or maybe someone’s trying to tell me something. | 也或许是有人在向我发出信号 |
[46:56] | Like what? | 什么信号 |
[46:58] | Go west, young man. | 去西部吧 小伙子 |
[46:58] | 出处有争议 但指的是美国西部拓荒 | |
[47:02] | Or south. | 或南下 |
[47:04] | London, maybe. | 或许去伦敦 |
[47:06] | A man might lose himself there. | 人可能会在那里迷失 |
[47:09] | You want to be lost? | 你想迷失[滚蛋]吗 |
[47:11] | Well, might as well make it official. | 何不正式滚蛋呢 |
[47:19] | There’s a job in the offing. | 有份工作邀约 |
[47:25] | What’s this? | 怎么回事 |
[47:27] | Girl trouble? | 姑娘烦恼吗 |
[47:30] | I haven’t got a girl. | 我没有姑娘 |
[47:33] | Maybe that’s the trouble. | 或许那就是烦恼所在 |
[47:39] | Thanks. | 谢谢你了 |
[50:01] | Why didn’t you say that Dr. Laxman had come here? | 你怎么不说拉克斯曼博士来过 |
[50:05] | I got enough trouble without being tied up in all that. | 我麻烦够多了 可不想扯上那事 |
[50:09] | They want me gone, don’t they? | 他们要我搬走 不是吗 |
[50:12] | Who? | 谁 |
[50:12] | The power station people. | 电站的人 |
[50:15] | They want me gone so they can flood all this | 他们要我搬走 好把这里淹了 |
[50:18] | and turn it into a reservoir. | 变成水库 |
[50:21] | Well, I won’t go. | 我不走 |
[50:22] | And they can’t make me. | 他们别想逼我 |
[50:24] | Well, what did he want, Dr. Laxman? | 他找你什么事 拉克斯曼博士 |
[50:29] | I can’t remember. | 我不记得了 |
[50:31] | Something to do with the Bram, maybe, | 跟布兰姆有关吧 |
[50:33] | the stream that runs through the valley? | 流过山谷的小溪 |
[50:37] | So why did he end up with a tarot card in his pocket? | 他兜里怎么会揣了张塔罗牌 |
[50:44] | I did a reading for him and he took it. | 我给他算了命 他就拿走了 |
[50:49] | That doesn’t sound a particularly nice thing to do. | 那听上去不太礼貌啊 |
[50:52] | He wasn’t nice. | 他并不礼貌 |
[50:53] | So what, he just did it out of mischief? | 所以他是为了捣乱那么做的吗 |
[50:57] | Or spite. | 或出于恶意 |
[50:58] | Perhaps he didn’t like what the cards had to say. | 或许他不喜欢牌的结果 |
[51:03] | Maybe he spoiled the pack | 或许他动牌 |
[51:04] | because he thought he could change his future. | 是因为他自以为能改变未来 |
[51:07] | Why, what did they predict? | 怎么了 牌算出什么了 |
[51:09] | That a woman would bring him to ruin. | 一个女人会给他带来灾难 |
[51:15] | I could do a reading for you, if you like. | 我也可以给你算命 如果你愿意 |
[51:18] | Oh, no, you’re all right– thank you. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[51:20] | You came here seeking answers, didn’t you? | 你不是来寻求答案的吗 |
[51:31] | Now, first, you must ask a question of the cards. | 首先 你得问牌个问题 |
[51:39] | Will I find out what happened to Dr. Laxman? | 我能查明拉克斯曼博士的遭遇吗 |
[51:44] | The first card stands for yourself. | 第一张牌代表你自己 |
[51:49] | No, it’s not a bad card. | 不 这牌不坏 |
[51:51] | Ruled by Uranus, the Fool | 愚人牌对应天王星 |
[51:53] | is a symbol of the soul’s journey. | 象征了灵魂的旅程 |
[51:56] | It stands for change. | 代表了改变 |
[51:58] | What can you tell me about Bramford Mere? | 关于布兰姆福德沼泽你都知道什么 |
[52:01] | There are things in the world older than you know. | 这世上有比你所知更古老的东西 |
[52:06] | We come and go, but the land endures. | 我们来来去去 但土地会保留下来 |
[52:12] | Behind you… | 你后面 |
[52:15] | Oh, the Lovers inverted. | 是恋人逆位 |
[52:16] | You’ve been unlucky in love. | 你的爱情之路一直不顺 |
[52:18] | Who hasn’t? | 谁不是呢 |
[52:21] | There’s a maize field about a mile east of here. | 这里往东一英里处有片玉米田 |
[52:24] | Who does it belong to? | 那是谁的 |
[52:25] | Zebulon Sadler– he lives down the lane. | 扎比朗·萨德勒 他住在路那边 |
[52:27] | Now, before you… | 你前面是 |
[52:30] | Judgment. | 审判 |
[52:31] | The heart of the matter– | 最关键的 |
[52:34] | The Tower struck down. | 雷劈高塔 |
[52:37] | Crossed by… | 同时还有 |
[52:42] | Don’t tell me. | 我猜猜 |
[52:45] | I’m going on a long journey. | 我要踏上远行了 |
[52:47] | By sea perhaps. | 或许还是出海 |
[52:49] | Where I’ll meet a tall, dark stranger. | 然后在那里遇见高大神秘的人 |
[52:51] | Your question will find its answer, | 你的问题自会有解答 |
[52:53] | but it may not be the one you seek. | 但未必是你想要的那个 |
[52:56] | And for Capricorns, tomorrow will be Saturday. | 对于摩羯座的人 明天是周六 |
[52:59] | Thank you for your time. | 谢谢你抽时间 |
[53:03] | You are going on a journey. | 你是要踏上行程 |
[53:07] | Death waits at the end. | 终点有死亡 |
[53:10] | But not for you. | 但不是你的死 |
[53:43] | Mr. Sadler? | 萨德勒先生 |
[54:25] | One of my boys saw it early Sunday morning. | 我一个小工周六清早看到的 |
[54:28] | We towed it back to the barn with the tractor. | 我们用拖拉机拖回了谷仓 |
[54:30] | We were going to sell the parts off. | 我们本打算拆了卖零件 |
[54:32] | And then the balloon went up. | 但之后出事了 |
[54:34] | It was his, wasn’t it? | 是他的 对吧 |
[54:35] | Dr. Laxman’s. | 拉克斯曼博士的 |
[54:38] | So you put it in the barn, | 所以你就把它放在谷仓里 |
[54:39] | covered it in tarpaulin, and it’s been there ever since. | 用防水布盖上 再就没动过 |
[54:41] | Well, we didn’t want people thinking | 我们不希望大家以为 |
[54:42] | that we had anything to do with what happened to him. | 我们跟他的事有关 |
[54:45] | We just found the car. | 我们只是发现了他的车 |
[54:53] | What’s that when it’s at home? | 那是什么玩意 |
[54:54] | “Meter Survey Radiac No. 2.” | 辐射测量仪2型 |
[54:57] | Geiger counter. | 盖革计数器 |
[54:58] | What, for radiation and whatnot? | 什么 测辐射的吗 |
[55:00] | And whatnot, yes. | 对 |
[55:02] | And this. | 还有这个 |
[55:06] | There’s a scarecrow in your field wearing Dr. Laxman’s jacket. | 你地里有个稻草人穿着拉克斯曼博士的衣服 |
[55:09] | That’s what I came to see you about. | 我就是为这事来找你 |
[55:11] | Care to explain? | 要解释一下吗 |
[55:12] | I don’t know anything about that. | 那我可不知道 |
[55:13] | It wasn’t in his car? | 没在他车里吗 |
[55:15] | No. | 没 |
[55:16] | I don’t know where it came from. | 我不知道是哪来的 |
[55:20] | Well, I think we’d best carry this on down the station. | 我们最好还是去警局说吧 |
[55:23] | Sergeant. | 警长 |
[55:27] | Oh, and there was this. | 还有这个 |
[55:28] | It’s a film badge dosimeter. | 是照射量测定软片 |
[55:30] | From Laxman’s jacket. | 在拉克斯曼外套里发现的 |
[55:34] | I went to Leamington. | 我去过利明顿了 |
[55:45] | You should have said something. | 你怎么不说 |
[55:49] | What could I have said? | 我还能说什么 |
[55:50] | That you’d seen her. | 你见到她了 |
[55:51] | That she was all right. | 她没事 |
[55:56] | It wasn’t my place. | 轮不到我说 |
[55:56] | It wasn’t your place to go looking for her, | 那也轮不到你去找她 |
[55:58] | but you still did, didn’t you? | 你不还是去了吗 |
[56:04] | Well. | 好吧 |
[56:10] | Maybe we both had a wasted trip. | 或许我们都白跑了一趟 |
[56:21] | I found this in Laxman’s glovebox. | 我在拉克斯曼的杂物箱里发现了这个 |
[56:27] | The Grange. | 格兰奇 |
[56:28] | That’s Dr. Berger’s address. | 那是博杰博士的地址 |
[56:30] | He was away that weekend, wasn’t he? | 他不是说那周末出去了吗 |
[56:32] | You’d better go and find out what’s what. | 你最好去查个明白 |
[57:01] | I’ve only got Tristan by way of male company, | 我从来只有崔斯坦一个男人作伴 |
[57:04] | and he’s my brother. | 他是我哥哥 |
[57:06] | So we had lunch. | 所以我们吃了午饭 |
[57:09] | – You knew he was married? – No. | -你知道他已经结婚了吗 -不知道 |
[57:11] | No, not then. | 当时不知道 |
[57:13] | I think he mentioned it the second time I saw him. | 好像是我们第二次见时他才提 |
[57:17] | But he and his wife weren’t happy with each other. | 但他和他妻子并不幸福 |
[57:19] | She’d found somebody else. | 她也有别人了 |
[57:22] | Anyway I’d told him I usually go to the cinema, | 反正 我告诉他 我一般会去看电影 |
[57:24] | so we went together. | 我们就一起去了 |
[57:27] | I let him kiss me, | 我让他吻我 |
[57:30] | and we arranged to meet again the following Friday. | 我们说好下周五再见面 |
[57:32] | Here? | 在这里吗 |
[57:33] | That’s right. | 对 |
[57:34] | Tristan was away for the weekend at a symposium. | 崔斯坦周末会参加讨论会 所以不在 |
[57:37] | I offered to cook supper. | 我说会给他做晚饭 |
[57:38] | Why on earth didn’t you mention this before? | 你之前为什么不说 |
[57:41] | People talk. | 人们会说闲话 |
[57:42] | Especially in Bramford. | 尤其是在布兰姆福德 |
[57:43] | – So he came then? – Yes. | -所以他来过 -对 |
[57:45] | We ate, and he must have left about 10:00. | 我们吃了饭 他大概10点离开的 |
[57:51] | That night? | 当晚吗 |
[57:54] | On Saturday morning. | 周六早上 |
[57:58] | So all of that business about seeing his car on the Friday, | 所以你说什么周五看到过他的车 |
[58:01] | what was that? | 那算什么 |
[58:02] | I saw it early on the Sunday morning | 我周日清早看到的 |
[58:04] | when I went to pick up Tristan from the station. | 我当时去车站接崔斯坦 |
[58:32] | Friend of Miss Berger’s, is it? | 博杰小姐的朋友 是吗 |
[58:35] | I’m sorry? | 什么 |
[58:38] | What’s your business up here? | 你来这里干什么 |
[58:40] | Police business. | 警方事务 |
[58:42] | – Yours? – I saw the car. | -你呢 -我看到了车 |
[58:43] | Seth Chattox. | 赛斯·查多克斯 |
[58:44] | I’m just down the lane a ways. | 就住在这条路那边 |
[58:45] | I keep an eye out for her if Dr. Berger’s working late. | 博杰博士晚归时 我会替她多留意 |
[58:48] | Is that right? | 是吗 |
[58:49] | Have you known them long? | 你认识他们很久了吗 |
[58:50] | Oh, ever since they moved here. | 自他们搬来就认识了 |
[58:52] | Eight years ago now, I think. | 八年了吧 |
[58:55] | Was it you I saw with another fella on the road | 我前两天是看到你跟另一个家伙 |
[58:57] | by the lower pasture the other day? | 在草地坡下吗 |
[58:59] | He had a hat on. | 他戴了帽子 |
[59:00] | Yes, that’s right. | 是我 |
[59:01] | What were you doing there? | 你们去那里干什么 |
[59:02] | There was a sighting of a car, went missing five years ago. | 有人曾看到一辆车 五年前失踪了 |
[59:05] | It belonged to a Dr. Matthew Laxman. | 是马修·拉克斯曼博士的 |
[59:09] | I don’t suppose you saw it. | 你没看到过吗 |
[59:10] | No. | 没有 |
[59:11] | Can’t say as I did. | 没看到过 |
[59:14] | Is that what all the police are doing down by the mere? | 沼泽那边那么多警察就是为了这个吗 |
[59:17] | Looking for him? | 找他 |
[59:18] | Yes, that’s right. | 没错 |
[59:21] | Well, good luck with it. | 那祝你们好运了 |
[59:26] | Away, Kip. | 走吧 基普 |
[1:00:11] | 11:00 a.m., eighth floor, Tintagel House. | 上午11点 九楼 廷杰戈堂 |
[1:00:16] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢 长官 |
[1:00:18] | Look forward to meeting you. | 期待跟你见面 |
[1:00:21] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:00:34] | Fetched you a rabbit, Gammer. | 给你抓了只兔子 奶奶 |
[1:00:36] | Put it in the kitchen. | 放厨房里 |
[1:00:37] | There’s tea in the pot. | 壶里有茶 |
[1:00:39] | Aye. | 好 |
[1:00:40] | I saw that copper you said about. | 我看到你说的那个警察了 |
[1:00:42] | – Morse. – Where’s this? | -摩斯 -在哪 |
[1:00:44] | By the Grange. | 格兰奇附近 |
[1:00:45] | You want to keep clear of the Bergers. | 你最好离博杰兄妹远点 |
[1:00:48] | Him and her both. | 他和她都是 |
[1:00:52] | There’s nothing for the likes of us up there. | 那里没有属于我们的东西 |
[1:00:57] | Hear me? | 听到了吗 |
[1:01:00] | I’ll chop you some logs. | 我给你劈点柴 |
[1:01:08] | I’m afraid I’ve no idea what Matthew would have wanted | 我恐怕真不知道马修为何要拿 |
[1:01:12] | with a Geiger counter. | 盖革计数器 |
[1:01:14] | Really? | 是吗 |
[1:01:15] | He never discussed it with you? | 他没跟你说过吗 |
[1:01:19] | He never mentioned the power station? | 他没提过电站吗 |
[1:01:21] | He wouldn’t have. | 他不会提的 |
[1:01:22] | He knew better. | 他清楚不该提 |
[1:01:24] | Having been midwife to the devil, | 我做了魔鬼的接生婆 |
[1:01:27] | Bramford’s rather a sore point with me. | 布兰姆福德是我的痛处 |
[1:01:31] | Progress, sir. | 进步啊 先生 |
[1:01:33] | Oh, yes? You think so? | 是吗 你这么认为吗 |
[1:01:35] | Well, I suppose I did too. | 我想我也曾这么认为吧 |
[1:01:39] | Can I offer you a sherry? | 要来点雪利酒吗 |
[1:01:42] | No, thank you, sir. | 不了 谢谢 先生 |
[1:01:43] | That’s all I came to ask. | 我就是来问这个 |
[1:01:45] | I best get home. | 我得回家了 |
[1:01:47] | Are you married, Inspector? | 你结婚了吗 督察 |
[1:01:49] | Yes, sir– 26 years. | 是的 26年了 |
[1:01:52] | Same as Anne and me. | 我和安也是 |
[1:01:59] | Well, goodnight then, sir. | 那祝您晚安了 先生 |
[1:02:04] | Goodnight. | 晚安 |
[1:02:14] | Home. | 我回来了 |
[1:02:15] | Fred. | 弗莱德 |
[1:02:17] | Joan’s rang. | 琼来电话了 |
[1:02:18] | She’s all right. | 她没事 |
[1:02:19] | She said she’s fine | 她说她没事 |
[1:02:21] | and she’s settled and everything’s all right. | 她安顿下来了 一切都好 |
[1:02:23] | She didn’t say where, | 她没说在哪 |
[1:02:25] | and I didn’t ask about coming home, | 我也没要她回家 |
[1:02:27] | ’cause I didn’t want to push it, | 因为我不想逼她 |
[1:02:29] | but she said she’d ring again next week. | 但她说她下周会再来电话 |
[1:02:33] | That’s a relief, eh? | 这就放心了 是吧 |
[1:02:36] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[1:02:38] | Yeah, that’s, uh… | 是啊 是… |
[1:02:41] | yeah. | 是啊 |
[1:02:42] | I’m going to have a Mackesons to celebrate. | 我要来瓶啤酒庆祝 |
[1:03:02] | Evening, sir. | 晚上好 长官 |
[1:03:03] | I wonder if you had a moment. | 不知您是否有空 |
[1:03:07] | It’s about my sergeant’s exam. | 是关于我的警长考试 |
[1:03:10] | I’ve been thinking about what you said. | 我考虑了您说的话 |
[1:03:13] | About me leaving Oxford. | 关于我离开牛津 |
[1:03:15] | You’re right. | 您是对的 |
[1:03:16] | There’s nothing to keep me here. | 我在这里并无牵挂 |
[1:03:17] | No family. | 没有家人 |
[1:03:22] | I’ve been offered to join a new unit. | 我受邀加入一个新小队 |
[1:03:25] | In London. | 在伦敦 |
[1:03:29] | It means rank. | 能直接晋升 |
[1:03:32] | Well… | 好吧 |
[1:03:38] | It goes without saying we should miss your abilities. But | 不用说 我们会遗憾失去你这样的能人 |
[1:03:43] | you must do what you think right. | 但你得选择自己认为对的路 |
[1:03:44] | For an officer of your talent to remain a detective constable | 你这样优秀的警官一直只做警员 |
[1:03:47] | would be a waste of material. | 实在是浪费人才 |
[1:03:50] | Believe me, Morse, I’ve seen it all too often. | 相信我 摩斯 这种事我见太多了 |
[1:03:53] | Better men passed over in favor of mediocrity | 才干被庸人取代 |
[1:03:56] | because they weren’t clubbable. | 只因他们不够圆滑 |
[1:04:00] | So you think I should take it? | 所以您觉得我该接受吗 |
[1:04:01] | That’s a matter entirely for you. | 这完全是你的决定 |
[1:04:04] | You’ll forgive the presumption, | 原谅我这样认为 |
[1:04:05] | you’re a man, I think, more used to putting | 但我觉得你是个总先考虑他人 |
[1:04:07] | the concerns of others before himself. | 后考虑自己的人 |
[1:04:11] | Perhaps, in this instance, you should consider | 或许这次 你该考虑 |
[1:04:13] | what’s in your own best interest. | 怎样对你才最好 |
[1:04:51] | Hello. | 你好 |
[1:04:53] | Hello. | 你好 |
[1:04:59] | Do you want to come in? | 你想进来吗 |
[1:05:01] | Yeah. | 好 |
[1:05:36] | It’s not how I imagined. | 跟我想得不太一样 |
[1:05:46] | Where is he? | 他在哪 |
[1:05:48] | – Where is he?’ – No, it wasn’t his fault. | -他在哪 -不 不怪他 |
[1:05:50] | – It was me. – Don’t say that. | -是我的错 -别那么说 |
[1:05:51] | Morse, please, it was me. | 摩斯 拜托 是怪我 |
[1:05:53] | I provoked him. | 是我激他了 |
[1:06:02] | He’s, um, | 他… |
[1:06:05] | given me a couple of weeks to get out of the flat. | 给了我两周时间搬出公寓 |
[1:06:11] | You should go home. | 你该回家 |
[1:06:14] | I can’t. | 我不能 |
[1:06:15] | Of course you can. | 你当然能 |
[1:06:16] | I can’t. | 我不能 |
[1:06:20] | I’ve made such a mess. | 我做错太多 |
[1:06:25] | I don’t know what to do. | 我不知道要怎么办了 |
[1:06:33] | Marry me. | 嫁给我 |
[1:06:50] | Morse, I… | 摩斯 我 |
[1:06:54] | I don’t want your pity. | 我不要你的怜悯 |
[1:07:02] | Never mind what Dad would say. | 更别提爸爸会说什么了 |
[1:07:25] | I’ve been offered a job in London. | 我受邀去伦敦工作了 |
[1:07:27] | The Met… uh, Tintagel House. | 伦敦警察厅 廷杰戈堂 |
[1:07:30] | Got to meet a detective inspector over there on Monday, | 我周一要过去见一位督察 |
[1:07:33] | but it’s just a formality. | 但那只是走过场 |
[1:07:41] | London? | 伦敦 |
[1:07:48] | How did Dad take it? | 爸爸怎么想的 |
[1:07:54] | I’ll drop him a line. | 我回头再告诉他 |
[1:08:11] | Well, if you’re… | 如果你… |
[1:08:13] | if you’re not going to go home… | 如果你不回家 |
[1:08:22] | Just take this. | 拿着这个 |
[1:08:24] | No, I can’t take all that. | 不 我不能要 |
[1:08:25] | You might need it. | 你可能会需要 |
[1:08:26] | Please, just take it. | 拜托 拿着吧 |
[1:08:34] | You’ll get it back. | 会还你的 |
[1:08:47] | It could be work. | 可能是工作的事 |
[1:08:49] | It wouldn’t be anything else. | 不可能是别的事 |
[1:09:04] | Morse. | 摩斯 |
[1:09:05] | Evening, matey. | 晚上好 伙计 |
[1:09:07] | It’s Jim. | 是吉姆 |
[1:09:08] | There has been a development. | 有新情况 |
[1:09:09] | Can you just wait a minute? | 可以等一下吗 |
[1:09:11] | Where are you going? | 你去哪 |
[1:09:14] | To get my things. | 去收拾东西 |
[1:09:17] | You’re not going back to him? | 你不会回到他身边吧 |
[1:09:24] | The Met? | 伦敦警察厅 |
[1:09:31] | Save a world for me. | 别忘了给我留个世界 |
[1:09:48] | Morse? | 摩斯 |
[1:09:53] | That badge you found? | 你找到的软片 |
[1:09:54] | The dosimeter? | 照射量测定软片 |
[1:09:55] | We’ve had it developed. | 我们送去检测了 |
[1:09:57] | The lab says it’s been exposed to a high dose of radiation. | 实验室说它接触了大量辐射 |
[1:10:01] | Did Laxman go to the power station? | 拉克斯曼去过电站吗 |
[1:10:03] | The director of operations said no. | 运营主管说没有 |
[1:10:08] | All right, Mr. Sadler. | 好吧 萨德勒先生 |
[1:10:10] | Tell them the same as you told me. | 就照你和我说的告诉他们 |
[1:10:13] | About the coat. | 关于那件外套 |
[1:10:15] | I got it off Seth Chattox, didn’t I? | 我是从赛斯·查多克斯那里拿的 |
[1:10:18] | Why didn’t you say so in the first place? | 你一开始为什么不说 |
[1:10:20] | I didn’t want to get him into trouble. | 我不想给他惹麻烦 |
[1:10:22] | But if it’s this dead fella’s jacket, | 但如果这是死人的夹克 |
[1:10:23] | well that’s different, isn’t it? | 那就不一样了 是吧 |
[1:10:25] | I ain’t going to get done for murder on nobody’s account. | 我可不想替别人顶杀人罪 |
[1:10:28] | Where? | 在哪 |
[1:10:29] | Where was this? | 这事发生在哪 |
[1:10:30] | Down Bramford Mere by the water there. | 布兰姆福德沼泽的水边 |
[1:11:25] | Start digging here. | 把这里挖开 |
[1:11:30] | Looks like we’ve found Dr. Laxman. | 看来我们找到拉克斯曼博士了 |
[1:11:36] | What the bloody hell’s this now? | 这又是怎么了 |
[1:11:39] | It’s the autumnal equinox. | 是秋分日 |
[1:11:41] | They’ve asked if they can come and observe the sunrise. | 他们问能否过来看日出 |
[1:11:43] | Just keep them away from here. | 别让他们来这里 |
[1:11:45] | We’ll go and have a talk with this shepherd. | 我们去找那个牧羊人谈谈 |
[1:12:01] | May their union be fruitful, | 愿他们的结合硕果累累 |
[1:12:04] | ensure a bounteous harvest, | 确保大丰收 |
[1:12:06] | and bless us with all good things | 并保佑我们来年 |
[1:12:09] | throughout the coming year. | 万事如意 |
[1:12:42] | Sergeant? | 警长 |
[1:12:46] | What were you doing with Laxman’s jacket? | 你为什么会有拉克斯曼的外套 |
[1:12:48] | I found it. | 是我找到的 |
[1:12:49] | Under a hedge up by woods, by the Americans’ cottage. | 在林子旁的树篱下 美国夫妻的农舍附近 |
[1:12:52] | So why didn’t you report it at the time? | 你当时为什么不上报 |
[1:12:54] | I find all sorts up the woods. | 我能在林子里找到各种东西 |
[1:12:56] | I didn’t know anyone was missing when I picked it up. | 我捡到它时 并不知道有人失踪了 |
[1:12:59] | No I-I’d have kept it for myself only it was… | 不 我本想留着自己穿 但是… |
[1:13:02] | didn’t fit, it was too small for me. | 我穿不上 太小了 |
[1:13:05] | I was after taking up the church jumble, | 我本打算拿去捐给教堂 |
[1:13:07] | only I run into Zebulon and | 但我碰到了扎比朗 |
[1:13:09] | he thought it’d might do for Old Job, his scarecrow. | 他觉得那外套正好能套他的稻草人 |
[1:13:13] | Where did you find Sadler? | 你是在哪看到萨德勒的 |
[1:13:15] | Oh didn’t he say? By Bramford Mere. | 他没说吗 在布兰姆福德沼泽 |
[1:13:17] | And what were you doing there that time in the morning? | 你一早去那儿干什么 |
[1:13:19] | I was after a ewe that got loose. | 我在追一只逃跑的母羊 |
[1:13:21] | They like it down the mere for the clover, | 它们喜欢去沼泽边吃三叶草 |
[1:13:23] | only you got to watch ’em with it. | 你得看住它们 |
[1:13:24] | – Don’t do ’em no good. – Was she down there? | -那对它们没好处 -它确实在那里吗 |
[1:13:26] | The ewe? | 那只母羊 |
[1:13:28] | No. | 不在 |
[1:13:29] | We must’ve missed the bugger in the dark. | 肯定是黑暗中没看到它 |
[1:13:31] | By the time we got to the top field, there she was. | 等我回到坡顶 发现它就在那里 |
[1:13:34] | Innocent as you please. | 一脸无辜 |
[1:13:48] | Is it him? | 是他吗 |
[1:13:49] | Oh, certainly. | 肯定是 |
[1:13:51] | I could recite his dental records from memory. | 我都能背出他的齿科记录 |
[1:13:53] | It’s Matthew Laxman, no question. | 毫无疑问 就是马修·拉克斯曼 |
[1:13:56] | – Cause? – There’s a wound to the skull, | -死因呢 -头骨有一处伤痕 |
[1:13:58] | not unlike that on the other one you pulled out of the bog. | 和你们从沼泽挖出来的另一个人很像 |
[1:14:01] | Now, at some point, | 他曾经 |
[1:14:02] | he was exposed to a fairly large dose of radiation. | 接触了大量的辐射 |
[1:14:05] | Enough to be fatal? | 足以致死吗 |
[1:14:07] | Enough that I’ll be ordering him a lead-lined coffin. | 足以让我为他订一副铅内衬棺材了 |
[1:14:10] | The ground readings are abnormally high. | 土壤辐射读数异常高 |
[1:14:22] | Mrs. Levin. | 莱文太太 |
[1:14:24] | City Police. | 市警局 |
[1:14:25] | We were hoping to have a word with your husband. | 我们想和你丈夫聊两句 |
[1:14:27] | You missed him. | 他刚走 |
[1:14:29] | – They went to the plant about an hour ago. – They? | -他们大概一小时前去电站了 -他们 |
[1:14:32] | A white-haired gentleman and a tall man with a beard. | 一位白发先生 还有一个高个大胡子 |
[1:14:36] | Jon said they were colleagues. | 乔恩说他们是过去的同事 |
[1:14:42] | Very early for the emergency drill. | 紧急演习有点太早了吧 |
[1:15:17] | Has Dr. Levin checked in? | 莱文博士到了吗 |
[1:15:18] | About an hour ago. | 大概一小时前 |
[1:15:19] | Who was in the car with him? | 他车里还有谁 |
[1:15:20] | A Professor Bagley and a Dr. Warren, the professor’s colleagues. | 巴格利教授和他的同事沃伦博士 |
[1:15:23] | Where’s Mr. Blake? | 布雷克先生呢 |
[1:15:24] | He’s in the control room. This is a drill. | 他在控制室 这是演习 |
[1:15:26] | This isn’t a drill, it’s for real. | 这不是演习 是真的 |
[1:15:27] | – Open the gate. – I can’t let you through, sir. | -快开门 -我不能放你进去 长官 |
[1:15:29] | I’m not asking, | 这不是请求 |
[1:15:30] | I’m ordering. | 这是命令 |
[1:15:32] | This could be sabotage. | 可能是有人搞破坏 |
[1:15:34] | Now what’s it to be? | 你怎么说 |
[1:15:38] | Right, sir. | 好 长官 |
[1:15:38] | Lend us your sidearm. | 把你的配枪借给我们 |
[1:15:41] | Help with the evacuation. Good work, Sergeant. | 帮忙疏散人员 好样的 小队长 |
[1:15:56] | And the second angel sounded, | 第二位天使吹号 |
[1:15:58] | and as though it were a great mountain burning with fire, | 就有彷佛火烧着的大山 |
[1:16:03] | it was cast into the sea: | 扔在海中 |
[1:16:04] | and the third part of the sea became blood. | 海的三分之一变成血 |
[1:16:04] | Please, think about what you’re doing. | 求你了 想想你在做什么 |
[1:16:08] | Believe me, Blake, I’ve thought of nothing else for years. | 相信我 布雷克 这些年我就没想过别的 |
[1:16:11] | Don, please. | 唐 求你 |
[1:16:15] | You’re a physicist. | 你是个物理学家 |
[1:16:16] | Physics. | 物理 |
[1:16:18] | Science. | 科学 |
[1:16:19] | We’re just children playing with matches. | 我们只是玩火柴的孩子 |
[1:16:21] | And for what? | 为了什么 |
[1:16:22] | To find more efficient ways | 只为找到更高效的方式 |
[1:16:23] | of turning our fellow human beings into ash? | 把其他人类变成灰烬吗 |
[1:16:26] | That’s what this is really about, huh? | 这才是你们的真正目的吧 |
[1:16:28] | Don, please. | 唐 求你 |
[1:16:29] | Goldenrod, harvesting plutonium. | 麒麟草 收集钚 |
[1:16:31] | Professor Bagley? It’s Detective Constable Morse. | 巴格利教授 我是摩斯警员 |
[1:16:33] | I’m unarmed, I’m unarmed. | 我没带武器 |
[1:16:35] | Put your weapon down. | 放下你的武器 |
[1:16:37] | He’s trying to purge the cooling ponds. | 他想放干冷却池 |
[1:16:40] | Tell him why. | 告诉他为什么 |
[1:16:42] | There was a leak. | 发生了泄露 |
[1:16:43] | Six years ago. | 六年前 |
[1:16:47] | Tell him. | 告诉他 |
[1:16:47] | Tell him’. | 告诉他 |
[1:16:48] | A leak of radioactive material | 布兰姆福德A |
[1:16:50] | from the cooling ponds at Bramford A, | 发生了放射性物质泄露 |
[1:16:52] | where spent uranium rods were stored. | 那里存放了废铀棒 |
[1:16:54] | – So what happened? – Human error. | -怎么回事 -人为错误 |
[1:16:55] | Instead of drawing water, | 本想抽水 |
[1:16:57] | hundreds of thousands of gallons were purged from the ponds. | 却把几十万加仑的水放入池塘 |
[1:17:00] | And entered the groundwater. | 流入了地下水 |
[1:17:01] | And he’s doing the same thing now. | 他现在还想做一样的事 |
[1:17:04] | They tried to hush it up, of course. | 他们当然企图隐瞒 |
[1:17:05] | But Matthew Laxman | 但马修·拉克斯曼 |
[1:17:06] | had been monitoring the area around Bramford for years. | 监控布兰姆福德一带好多年了 |
[1:17:09] | He threatened the status quo, so he had to be silenced. | 他威胁到了他们 才被灭口 |
[1:17:12] | They buried the truth about that leak, | 他们掩盖了那次泄露 |
[1:17:14] | but they won’t bury this one. | 但这次他们休想 |
[1:17:16] | You’re wrong– Laxman wasn’t killed by anyone here. | 你错了 拉克斯曼并非被这里的人所杀 |
[1:17:18] | – He’s lying, Donald; they’re all liars. – No. | -他撒谎 唐纳德 他们都撒谎 -不 |
[1:17:20] | – Then who? – I don’t know. | -那是谁 -我不知道 |
[1:17:22] | But I want justice for Laxman just as much as you do. | 但我跟你一样想为拉克斯曼伸张正义 |
[1:17:24] | Please, just think about what you’re doing. | 拜托 好好想想你在干什么 |
[1:17:26] | – This is justice for Matt. – No, it’s not’. | -这就是为马修伸张正义 -不是的 |
[1:17:28] | – I was with him the day he went missing. – Professor, it’s not. | -他失踪那天我们在一起 -教授 不是的 |
[1:17:30] | – He went down to the mere to take readings… – Put your weapon down. | -他去沼泽测量读数 -放下武器 |
[1:17:32] | …and said he’d pick me up later. | 他说稍后再来接我 |
[1:17:34] | – But he never made it back. – All right. | -但他再没回来 -好了 |
[1:17:35] | Because these bastards killed him. | 因为这些混蛋杀了他 |
[1:17:37] | And you’re protecting them. | 你还保护他们 |
[1:17:39] | But we will have justice. | 但我们终将获得正义 |
[1:17:41] | An eye for an eye. | 以眼还眼 |
[1:17:43] | Don’t try anything. | 别想耍花招 |
[1:17:48] | You watched your wife die, Professor. | 你眼看你妻子死去 教授 |
[1:17:50] | You really mean to poison the land | 你真要毒害这片土地 |
[1:17:53] | and condemn hundreds, maybe thousands, to the same fate? | 让数百甚至数千人遭受同样的命运吗 |
[1:17:56] | Don’t listen to him, Donald. | 别听他的 唐纳德 |
[1:17:58] | The world will take what happens here as a warning, | 世界会把这里发生的事当做警告 |
[1:18:01] | and step back from the brink. | 从边缘退回来 |
[1:18:02] | Maybe. | 或许吧 |
[1:18:03] | But people will still die. | 但人还是会死的 |
[1:18:06] | Old, young, men, women, and children. | 老人 年轻人 男人 女人 孩子 |
[1:18:09] | All of them loved by someone. | 他们都是别人所爱之人 |
[1:18:13] | Same as you loved your wife. | 就像你爱你妻子那样 |
[1:18:15] | Same as I love mine. | 就像我爱我妻子那样 |
[1:18:18] | I’d like to go home to her right now, if I’m honest. | 老实说 我现在真想回家找她 |
[1:18:21] | Walk away and leave you to it. | 离开这里 随你怎样 |
[1:18:27] | But I can’t. | 但我不能 |
[1:18:34] | So… | 所以 |
[1:18:38] | If you really want to go through with it… | 如果你真想那么做 |
[1:18:44] | you’re going to have to shoot me. | 你得先打死我 |
[1:18:48] | I’ll do it. | 我会下手的 |
[1:18:52] | Maybe. | 或许吧 |
[1:18:55] | But I’m hoping you’re the Donald Bagley | 但我希望你还是那个 |
[1:18:57] | who had dedicated the last 20 years of his life to peace. | 将这20年人生都献给了和平的唐纳德·巴格利 |
[1:19:12] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[1:19:15] | – Levin, can you stop it? – Get away from there, Doctor’. | -莱文 你能阻止吗 -快走开 博士 |
[1:19:17] | Judas. | 叛徒 |
[1:19:19] | I believed in you. | 我相信了你 |
[1:19:20] | You think I’ve come this far? | 你觉得我会在这里放弃吗 |
[1:19:23] | I’m the failsafe. | 我就是保险措施 |
[1:19:25] | Remember? | 记得吗 |
[1:19:29] | Shoot me… | 你开枪 |
[1:19:31] | Everybody dies. | 大家都死 |
[1:20:34] | Stop– stop. | 站住 |
[1:20:36] | Out of my way. | 让开 |
[1:20:44] | You’re done. | 你完了 |
[1:20:45] | Now, | 好了 |
[1:20:47] | we all walk out of here nice and quietly. | 我们都平静地好好走出这里吧 |
[1:21:49] | The country owes you a debt. | 国家欠你的 |
[1:21:51] | If the reactor had gone into… | 如果反应堆真的… |
[1:21:53] | Sergeant’. Can’t you keep that animal quiet? | 小队长 不能让它闭嘴吗 |
[1:21:57] | Oh, it’s all right, sir. | 没事 先生 |
[1:21:58] | He’s a bit like our chief superintendent, I expect. | 它应该是像我们高级警司 |
[1:22:01] | Bark worse than his bite. | 叫声大 不咬人 |
[1:22:03] | Sir. | 先生 |
[1:22:06] | Right. | 好了 |
[1:22:08] | Back to the nick? | 回警局吗 |
[1:22:11] | Morse? | 摩斯 |
[1:22:55] | Can I take a look at your crook, please, Mr. Chattox? | 能看看你的手杖吗 查多克斯先生 |
[1:23:02] | First time I met you, your dog was chewing this. | 我第一次遇见你时 你的狗在咬它 |
[1:23:05] | Well, it’s a habit. | 是啊 它的习惯 |
[1:23:07] | I’ve tried to break him of it, but… | 我试过让它改 但… |
[1:23:08] | We pulled a pair of spectacles from Bramford Mere | 我们在布兰姆福德沼泽发现了一副眼镜 |
[1:23:12] | chewed the same way. | 有一样的咬痕 |
[1:23:16] | Dr. Laxman’s glasses. | 拉克斯曼博士的眼镜 |
[1:23:20] | Is that right? | 是吗 |
[1:23:21] | You were in love with Selina Berger. | 你爱着瑟琳娜·博杰 |
[1:23:25] | Minute I saw her. | 一见钟情 |
[1:23:28] | She’d come up ahead of her brother, | 她在她哥哥之前到来 |
[1:23:29] | to get the place ready for him, and… | 收拾好屋子等着他 |
[1:23:33] | Well, she seemed lonely. | 她看上去很孤独 |
[1:23:36] | A man gets an idea. | 人就起了念头 |
[1:23:41] | I mean, she had her brother. | 她有她哥哥 |
[1:23:42] | But a brother’s not a husband, is it, so… | 但哥哥不是丈夫 是吧 |
[1:23:46] | I asked her to marry me. | 我就向她求婚了 |
[1:23:47] | And she turned you down. | 但她拒绝了你 |
[1:23:49] | It was her right. | 她有这权利 |
[1:23:50] | But she didn’t turn down Matthew Laxman. | 但她并未拒绝马修·拉克斯曼 |
[1:23:53] | You were jealous. | 你嫉妒了 |
[1:23:54] | Not like that. | 不是那样的 |
[1:23:57] | I just wanted her to be happy, but… | 我只是希望她幸福 但是 |
[1:24:00] | Laxman was a wrong ‘un, I could see that from the off. | 拉克斯曼不是合适的人 我第一眼就看出来了 |
[1:24:02] | And she deserved better. | 她该找个更好的 |
[1:24:03] | You thought she deserved you. | 你觉得她该跟你吗 |
[1:24:05] | Oh, well, I would have looked after her. | 我就能照顾好她 |
[1:24:07] | I don’t doubt it. | 这我相信 |
[1:24:10] | Quick with a backhander, he was. | 打人的时候出手挺快 |
[1:24:15] | But that’s not a man. | 但那不叫男人 |
[1:24:17] | Not to my way of thinking. | 在我看来不是 |
[1:24:18] | So you came across his car, | 你看到了他的车 |
[1:24:20] | after he’d been run off the road. | 在他冲出道路之后 |
[1:24:25] | Because that’s the way you take your sheep to the top field. | 因为你就走那条路带羊群上坡顶 |
[1:24:27] | I offered to help him, too. | 我还提出帮助他 |
[1:24:29] | I went to get my car to tow him out. | 我去开车 把他拖出来 |
[1:24:32] | By the time I got back, | 可我回来时 |
[1:24:33] | he was still wild about being run off the road by the plant truck. | 他还在为被电站卡车赶下路的事喋喋不休 |
[1:24:36] | Effing and Jeffing he was. | 骂骂咧咧 |
[1:24:39] | Starts trying to tell me how to tie a bowline. | 还开始教我怎么绑绳子 |
[1:24:42] | How I was doing it all wrong. | 说我做得不对 |
[1:24:43] | Me. | 我 |
[1:24:44] | I said, “I don’t need no advice from you on tying knots.” | 我说 “我不需要你教我怎么打绳结” |
[1:24:47] | He said, “That’s not what I heard.” | 他说 “我听说可不是这样” |
[1:24:49] | I said to him, I said, “What’s that supposed to mean?” | 我说 “你这话什么意思” |
[1:24:51] | And he said, “I’ll tell you this… | 他说 “告诉你吧 |
[1:24:54] | You don’t know what you’re missing.” | 你不知道自己错过了什么” |
[1:24:59] | One punch. | 一拳 |
[1:25:03] | That’s all it was, just one. | 真的 就一拳 |
[1:25:06] | So you buried his body at Bramford Mere. | 于是你把他的尸体埋在了布兰姆福德沼泽 |
[1:25:13] | If I hadn’t gone to help him, he’d still be alive. | 如果我没去帮他 他也不会死 |
[1:25:50] | Turn of the year. | 昼夜时长的分界点 |
[1:25:57] | I don’t suppose you’d give me a minute to do for Kip, would you? | 你们能给我点时间安顿基普吗 |
[1:26:01] | He won’t understand not seeing me. | 它见不到我肯定犯糊涂 |
[1:26:06] | We’ll look to it. | 我们会照顾它 |
[1:26:11] | Hard. | 很难受 |
[1:26:13] | To leave the land. | 离开这片土地 |
[1:26:27] | Better to die under an open sky than prison. | 死在天空下总比死在监狱里好 |
[1:26:34] | Some men aren’t born for walls. | 有些男人不适合被困于墙内 |
[1:27:17] | Joan rang. | 琼来电话了 |
[1:27:19] | I think that’s all her mother wanted, really. | 我觉得她妈妈也只求这个 |
[1:27:24] | Just to hear her voice. | 听到她的声音 |
[1:27:26] | Know she was all right. | 知道她没事 |
[1:27:33] | No, thanks. | 不了 谢谢 |
[1:27:38] | I’ll see you Monday, then. | 那周一见了 |
[1:27:49] | Monday, Morse. | 周一见 摩斯 |
[1:27:51] | Handshakes are for goodbye. | 握手是道别 |
[1:28:11] | “A small fire in a storage area was quickly contained | “布兰姆福德仓库区的一场小火灾 |
[1:28:14] | “by Bramford’s own fire brigade, | 被站内消防队迅速扑灭 |
[1:28:17] | “with the site suffering only the most minor damage. | 电站遭受的损失也很小 |
[1:28:20] | “No members of staff were injured, | 员工无人受伤 |
[1:28:23] | and there was never at any time a danger to the public.” | 公众也完全不曾遭到威胁” |
[1:28:28] | And they all lived happily ever after. | 大家都能幸福到永久 |
[1:28:30] | It’s in the Mail, Thursday. | 《邮报》报了 瑟斯戴 |
[1:28:32] | I hope you wouldn’t gainsay Miss Frazil. | 你不会反对弗雷泽小姐的话吧 |
[1:28:34] | More than my life’s worth, sir. | 绝对不敢 长官 |
[1:28:37] | There was one more thing. | 还有件事 |
[1:28:41] | I have today received a letter. | 我今天收到了一封信 |
[1:28:57] | Morse. | 摩斯 |
[1:29:33] | It was a bad fall. | 重重地摔了一跤 |
[1:29:35] | Will she be all right? | 她会没事吧 |
[1:29:37] | Well, we’ve given her something to help her sleep. | 我们给了她药让她入眠 |
[1:29:39] | That’s all. | 仅此而已 |
[1:29:45] | Just one of those things. | 就是意外 |
[1:29:47] | Mother Nature. | 人生无常 |
[1:29:49] | Still, she’s young, and fit. | 但她还年轻 身体健康 |
[1:29:53] | Give it a month or two. | 再过一两个月 |
[1:29:53] | I’m sure you’ll be able to try again. | 你们肯定还能再次尝试 |
[1:29:56] | Better luck next time, hmm? | 下次好运了 |
[1:30:48] | “Dear Chief Superintendent Bright, | “亲爱的高级警司布莱特 |
[1:30:52] | “I am instructed to inform you that Her Majesty the Queen | 我受命通知你 女王陛下 |
[1:30:55] | “has graciously approved the award of the George Medal | 已恩准将乔治勋章 |
[1:30:59] | “to our trusted and well-beloved subject | 授予我们可靠可敬的子民 |
[1:31:01] | “Detective Chief Inspector Frederick Albert Thursday | 高级督察弗莱德里克·艾伯特·瑟斯戴 |
[1:31:06] | “for special services in defense of the realm. | 感激他为保卫祖国做出的特别贡献 |
[1:31:10] | “Given the circumstances, details pertaining to the award | 鉴于情况特别 授奖的细节 |
[1:31:13] | “will be neither cited in the Gazette | 并不会在《公报》刊登 |
[1:31:15] | “nor entered into the public record. | 也不会写入公开记录 |
[1:31:19] | “I am further instructed to inform you | 此外 我还受命通知你 |
[1:31:22] | “that Her Majesty the Queen has also graciously approved | 女王陛下还恩准了 |
[1:31:25] | “the award of the George Medal | 将乔治勋章 |
[1:31:27] | “to our trusted well-beloved subject | 授予我们可靠可敬的子民 |
[1:31:30] | “Detective Sergeant Endeavour Morse | 英戴弗·摩斯警长 |
[1:31:35] | for special services in defense of the realm.” | 感激他为保卫祖国做出的特别贡献” |