时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:14] | You’re listening to the Nightfly on Radio Carillon. | 这里是钟琴电台 夜间节目 |
[00:18] | Broadcasting sounds that soothe, cheer, and comfort | 为考利综合医院的病人和医院员工 |
[00:22] | to the patients and staff here at Cowley General. | 带去安抚 鼓舞和安慰的声音 |
[00:25] | And now with the time just coming up to 11:00, | 时间即将来到11点 |
[00:29] | this is your friend Lester Fagan | 你的朋友莱斯特·费根 |
[00:32] | signing off. | 也就此道别 |
[00:51] | 老年人病房 福斯迪克病房 | |
[01:13] | That’s it. | 就这样 |
[01:34] | One pair of men’s spectacles. | 一副男士眼镜 |
[01:36] | Tortoise shell. | 玳瑁框 |
[01:53] | Seventeen shillings | 17先令 |
[01:55] | and nine pence a’hapenny. | 9.5便士 |
[02:12] | There you go then, Mr. Greely. | 好了 格瑞利先生 |
[02:14] | You just rest up there a bit. | 您好好休息一下吧 |
[02:17] | Bit of company for you there, look. | 您还有伴儿呢 |
[03:52] | – Morse. – Morning, sir. | -摩斯 -早 长官 |
[03:53] | I won’t be a minute. | 我就来 |
[03:55] | Much in? | 有什么情况吗 |
[03:55] | There’s a sudden in Northway. | 诺思威有一起猝死 |
[03:57] | Uniform just wants us to give it a quick once over. | 巡警希望我们去看一眼 |
[04:00] | Right. | 好 |
[04:01] | Well, drop me at the station on your way there. | 你先送我去警局再过去 |
[04:06] | Off, then’. | 那我走了 |
[04:08] | Win? | 温 |
[04:11] | Cheer-oh. | 回见了 |
[04:13] | Right. | 走吧 |
[04:16] | No sandwiches? | 没有三明治吗 |
[04:19] | No. | 没有 |
[04:20] | No, not today. | 今天没有 |
[04:21] | After you, then. | 快走吧 |
[04:24] | Put her away, I’m going to visit | 送它回马厩 我要去医院 |
[04:26] | Mr. Bryce-Morgan in the hospital. | 看望布莱斯-摩根先生 |
[04:28] | – Will do. – There you go. | -好的 -去吧 |
[04:57] | Good morning, gentlemen. | 早上好 先生们 |
[04:59] | Good morning, Sir Merlyn. | 早上好 默林爵士 |
[04:59] | Good morning, Sir Merlyn. | 早上好 默林爵士 |
[05:01] | Now, how about that gastrectomy? | 那个胃切除术的怎么样了 |
[05:03] | Healing nicely, sir. | 康复情况良好 先生 |
[05:05] | Dr. Powell, | 鲍威尔医生 |
[05:07] | if you can bear to tear yourself away? | 你能忍痛过来吗 |
[05:13] | Morning, Sister. | 早 修女 |
[05:14] | Morning, Sir Merlyn. | 早 默林爵士 |
[05:18] | Everything ready? | 一切就绪了吗 |
[05:19] | All ready, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[05:24] | See you in the morning. | 回见了 |
[05:25] | Thank you, Sir Merlyn. | 谢谢 默林爵士 |
[05:29] | Now, then, my good man, how are you feeling today? | 好伙计 你今天感觉如何 |
[05:31] | Fine, thank you, Sir Merlyn. | 挺好 谢谢 默林爵士 |
[05:33] | Mr. Talbot was taken at the fall of Singapore | 塔伯特先生在新加坡陷落时被俘 |
[05:35] | and set to work on the Burma Railway. | 之后被送去修泰缅公路了 |
[05:37] | Once a year he sheds the lining of his stomach. | 每年 他的胃都要脱一层里子 |
[05:41] | Still. | 不过 |
[05:42] | We’re “all friends now,” eh? | 大家现在都熟了嘛 |
[05:45] | Bed ten… Where’s Mr. Greely? | 10号床 格瑞利先生呢 |
[05:47] | He died, sir, in the night. | 他死了 先生 就在昨晚 |
[05:49] | I saw him yesterday. | 我昨天才见过他 |
[05:50] | He was well on the mend. | 他正在好转 |
[05:51] | He was quite elderly, sir. | 他毕竟年纪不小了 先生 |
[05:53] | He was my age. | 他跟我同龄 |
[05:55] | Straight-forward pulmonary lobectomy, wasn’t it? | 简单的肺叶切除术 不是吗 |
[05:59] | I want a full post-mortem. | 我要进行全面尸检 |
[06:01] | I believe the body’s already been collected by the undertaker. | 殡仪员好像已经把尸体抬走了 |
[06:05] | How many’s that? | 这都多少个了 |
[06:07] | It won’t do Powell. | 这可不行 鲍威尔 |
[06:57] | Mrs. Ethel Zacharides. | 艾瑟·扎克利德斯太太 |
[06:59] | 60s. | 60多 |
[07:00] | Dead about three days. | 死三天左右了 |
[07:03] | Evil old cow’. | 老巫婆 |
[07:04] | Evil old cow’. | 老巫婆 |
[07:05] | Rather a limited repertoire, I’m afraid. | 恐怕它就会这么一句 |
[07:09] | Answers to the name of Jeremiah. | 名叫杰罗麦 |
[07:13] | Natural causes? | 自然死亡吗 |
[07:15] | No obvious signs of violence. | 没有明显的暴力痕迹 |
[07:18] | Heart, possibly. | 可能是心脏病吧 |
[07:19] | Apoplexy. | 中风 |
[07:20] | Could be any of the thousand shocks. | 可能是千百种痛楚中的任何一种 |
[07:23] | But nothing suspicious. | 但没什么可疑 |
[07:25] | Not at first glance– | 初看是没有 |
[07:27] | from a medical point of view at least. | 至少从医学角度没有 |
[07:30] | The rest I leave to you. | 其他的就交给你了 |
[07:32] | What about this? | 那这个呢 |
[07:34] | Knocked off the dresser. | 从桌上撞下来的 |
[07:37] | A seizure, possibly. | 痉挛吗 |
[07:43] | Zacharides? | 扎克利德斯 |
[07:45] | Rings a distant tocsin… | 似乎有点印象 |
[07:48] | It’ll come to me. | 我会想起来的 |
[07:49] | Nothing important probably. | 大概没什么要紧的 |
[07:53] | Vale vigile. | 再见了 警察[意大利语] |
[08:10] | That’s it. All secure. | 好了 安全 |
[08:11] | Terence Bakewell, sir. | 泰伦斯·贝克韦尔 长官 |
[08:14] | Being transferred from | 今早被从 |
[08:15] | Farnleigh Prison to Cowley General, this morning. | 法穆利监狱转移到了考利综合医院 |
[08:21] | Sir? | 长官 |
[08:24] | This is your, um, | 这是你的… |
[08:27] | informant? | 线人吗 |
[08:29] | Yes, sir. | 是的 长官 |
[08:30] | The Peterman on the Robson’s jeweler’s job. | 罗伯森珠宝店抢匪之一 |
[08:34] | If you recall, Mrs. Robson was very badly injured. | 您还记得吧 罗伯森太太受伤严重 |
[08:38] | Never walk again, leastways. | 至少是再不能走路了 |
[08:39] | Division said something about a round the clock | 警部说要在医院派守24小时 |
[08:41] | armed guard at the hospital. | 持械警卫 |
[08:44] | Yes, sir. | 对 长官 |
[08:46] | Bakewell’s agreed to turn Queen’s evidence | 贝克韦尔答应为检方作证 |
[08:48] | against those members of the Matthews gang still at large. | 指证马修斯帮仍未伏法的成员 |
[08:51] | You think they’ll try to get to him? | 你觉得他们会企图灭他口吗 |
[08:54] | It’s the Matthews gang, sir. | 这可是马修斯帮 长官 |
[08:56] | What’s left of it. | 至少是剩下那些 |
[09:07] | Anything from the neighbors? | 邻居说什么了吗 |
[09:09] | Mrs. Zacharides had lived here 20 years. | 扎克利德斯太太在这里住20年了 |
[09:11] | Her husband died six months ago. | 她丈夫六个月前过世 |
[09:14] | She has a daughter in town. | 她有个女儿在城里 |
[09:15] | But they’re not on speaking terms, apparently. | 但据说她们互不联系 |
[09:19] | We’ll need someone for that. | 我们得找人照顾它 |
[09:26] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[09:27] | That sudden up in Northway. | 诺思威的一宗猝死 |
[09:28] | Local RSPCA officer’s laid up with the flu. | 本地皇家防止虐待动物协会官员得流感了 |
[09:31] | They’ve asked us to keep an eye. | 他们叫我们照顾一阵 |
[09:32] | Well, it can’t stop here. | 不能放这里啊 |
[09:33] | This is a nick, not a bloody pet shop. Put it at yours. | 这可是警局 不是宠物店 放你家去 |
[09:37] | Anything? | 有情况吗 |
[09:38] | Natural causes according to Dr. DeBryn. | 德布林医生认为是自然死亡 |
[09:40] | But she had two side plates out | 但她摆出了两个盘子 |
[09:42] | and Mrs. Zacharides lived alone. | 而扎克利德斯太太是独居 |
[09:43] | Think she had someone with her? | 你是觉得她当时有客 |
[09:45] | Or was expecting someone. | 或是在等客人 |
[09:46] | Her writing desk had been disturbed too. | 她的书桌也被翻过 |
[09:48] | Papers all strewn about. | 纸张都散落了 |
[09:49] | That don’t mean much; you should see my old Nan’s place. | 那不算什么 你该看我奶奶家多乱 |
[09:51] | The rest of the place was tidy enough. | 她家其余地方都很整洁 |
[09:55] | Evil old cow’. | 老巫婆 |
[09:57] | Happy marriage she had was it? | 她的婚姻很幸福吗 |
[09:59] | Look after it for now, Sergeant. | 你来处理吧 警长 |
[10:01] | I need Morse to guard Bakewell at Cowley General. | 我需要摩斯去考利综合医院守卫贝克韦尔 |
[10:09] | Is there something you wanted? | 你有什么事吗 |
[10:12] | Mister… Mr. Bakewell, is it? | 贝克韦尔先生 是吗 |
[10:15] | Hospital Library. | 医院图书馆 |
[10:16] | What can I tempt you to? | 您想看点什么吗 |
[10:18] | The Great Escape, if you’ve got it. | 《大逃亡》 如果有的话 |
[10:22] | No, I don’t think so. | 恐怕没有 |
[10:31] | Who’s that then? | 那是谁 |
[10:33] | Never you mind. | 你别管了 |
[10:36] | Your temperature’s gone up. | 你的体温上去了 |
[10:39] | Always does when you take it, staff. | 你给我测时 我就热血沸腾 |
[10:42] | Honestly, Mr. Talbot. | 塔伯特先生 您真是的 |
[10:45] | You really think they’d try for Bakewell in hospital? | 你真觉得他们会企图去医院杀贝克韦尔吗 |
[10:47] | Well, he’s the last dregs of the Matthews Gang. | 他是马修斯帮的残存余孽之一 |
[10:49] | He’s all that stands between them and a long spell inside. | 他能让他们进去蹲好长一阵 |
[10:52] | I’ll get Mr. Bright to sign you a chitty. | 我去叫布莱特先生给你签个条 |
[10:54] | Meet me in the armory. | 去军械库见我 |
[11:04] | Morse’. | 摩斯 |
[11:07] | Can you hear me, sir? | 能听到吗 长官 |
[11:09] | Can you hear me? | 能听到吗 |
[11:11] | All right, sir? | 你还好吗 长官 |
[11:11] | Switchboard. | 总机 |
[11:12] | – I need an ambulance at once. – Where? | -我需要一辆救护车 马上 -哪里 |
[11:14] | – Mr. Bright’s office. – Right. | -布莱特先生办公室 -好 |
[11:15] | Yeah, as soon as you can. | 快点 |
[11:17] | There we are, sir. | 好了 长官 |
[11:19] | Don’t worry, sir, you’re going to be all right. | 别担心 长官 您不会有事 |
[11:22] | Thank you, gentlemen. | 谢谢 先生们 |
[11:22] | Right, let’s get him straight in. | 好 直走 这里 |
[11:23] | All right. Straight to surgery. | 送去手术室 |
[11:27] | Can you hear me, sir? | 能听到吗 先生 |
[11:28] | Superintendent? | 警司 |
[11:30] | – Thank you miss, you got him? – Yeah. | -谢谢 小姐 交给你了 -嗯 |
[11:32] | – Quick as you can. – Into prep. Thank you. | -快点 -去准备室 谢谢 |
[11:35] | Sorry, sir, you’ll have to wait here. | 抱歉 先生 你得等在这里 |
[11:53] | Swab. | 擦 |
[11:55] | Swab, I said. | 我说 擦 |
[11:56] | Sorry, Sir Melvyn. | 抱歉 默林爵士 |
[12:12] | I heard. | 我听说了 |
[12:14] | Well, he’s in good hands. | 他已经得到了最好的救治 |
[12:17] | The cutter’s Sir Merlyn Chubb. | 主刀是默林·查布爵士 |
[12:19] | Chief surgeon. | 主任医师 |
[12:20] | Want me to see what’s what? | 要我去看看情况吗 |
[12:21] | – Could you? – Course, old fellow. | -可以吗 -当然 老伙计 |
[12:24] | Try not to worry. | 别太担心了 |
[12:25] | Oh, mystery solved, by the way. | 对了 谜团解开了 |
[12:27] | Mrs. Zacharides. | 扎克利德斯太太 |
[12:29] | Her husband. | 她丈夫 |
[12:31] | I performed his post-mortem about six months ago. | 我大概六个月前给他做过尸检 |
[12:34] | He was a patient here? | 他是这里的病人吗 |
[12:36] | Don’t panic. | 别慌 |
[12:37] | He wasn’t one of Sir Merlyn’s. | 他不是默林爵士的病人 |
[13:05] | What’d they say? | 他们怎么说 |
[13:06] | Next 24 hours should tell. | 就看接下来24小时了 |
[13:09] | Right, Bakewell. | 好 贝克韦尔 |
[13:11] | This is Detective Constable Morse. | 这是摩斯警员 |
[13:13] | He’s one of the officers gonna be keeping an eye on you, | 他是负责保护你的警员之一 |
[13:14] | so don’t give him any trouble, all right? | 所以别给他找麻烦 好吗 |
[13:20] | Talk to Mrs. Zacharides’ daughter yet? | 跟扎克利德斯太太的女儿谈了吗 |
[13:22] | No, not yet. | 还没 |
[13:23] | She rang, works at Beaufort. | 她来了电话 在博福尔工作 |
[13:25] | I’ll hold on here. | 我先守会儿 |
[13:26] | Officer. | 警官 |
[13:27] | Officer’. | 警官 |
[13:40] | If you ever– | 如果你… |
[13:41] | Come here… Come here… | 过来… |
[13:43] | If you ever want to get him back in chokey, | 如果你还想把他关回监狱 |
[13:45] | I’d stick him in another bed. | 最好给他换张床 |
[13:48] | How’s that? | 怎么说 |
[13:49] | Bed ten, it’s unlucky. | 10号床 不吉利 |
[13:51] | Five weeks I’ve been here, | 我在这里住五周了 |
[13:52] | and I’ve seen three go in that bed. | 那张床上死三个了 |
[13:54] | Latest went just last night. | 最新的一个就昨晚刚死 |
[13:56] | That’s quite enough, thank you, Mr. Talbot. | 行了 谢谢你 塔伯特先生 |
[13:58] | We don’t want the other patients | 我们不希望你那套胡说 |
[14:00] | troubled with your nonsense, do we? | 打扰到其他病人 是吧 |
[14:02] | No, Sister. | 是啊 修女 |
[14:04] | Very well, then. | 那好了 |
[14:06] | Officer. | 警官 |
[14:07] | Sister MacMahon. | 麦克莫翰修女 |
[14:08] | Detective Constable Morse. | 摩斯警员 |
[14:10] | You’re one of the officers | 你是负责守卫 |
[14:11] | who’ll be looking after mr. Bakewell, is it? | 贝克韦尔先生的警官之一 是吗 |
[14:14] | I can’t say I’m pleased to have him with us. | 他在这里 我算不上高兴 |
[14:16] | Police presence on the ward, indeed. | 病房里还有警察站岗 |
[14:21] | Anything in it? | 真有问题吗 |
[14:22] | Bed ten. | 10号床 |
[14:24] | Well there’s no great mystery. | 这没什么秘密 |
[14:26] | We always put our most poorly patients there. | 我们总把情况最差的病人安排在那里 |
[14:29] | And should nature take its course, | 如果医疗回天乏术 |
[14:31] | we can deal with that eventuality | 我们也能从容应对这种结果 |
[14:32] | without alarming the rest of the ward. | 而不会让其他病人紧张 |
[14:37] | Caroline? | 卡罗琳 |
[14:41] | Morse? | 摩斯 |
[14:44] | What’s the prognosis? | 预后如何 |
[14:46] | Merlyn’s done all he can. | 默林已经尽力了 |
[14:49] | But Edgar’s had a very bad stroke. | 但埃德加的中风很严重 |
[14:53] | I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[14:55] | You’re still at, uh, Byers Hall? | 你还在拜尔斯堂 |
[14:58] | What a memory you have. | 你的记性真好 |
[15:00] | Hm, well, for some things. | 有些事记得牢吧 |
[15:02] | Well, you were there often enough, I suppose. | 毕竟你当年常去 |
[15:05] | Is William still at home? | 威廉还在家吗 |
[15:07] | No. | 不 |
[15:09] | He’s visiting Susan. | 他去看苏珊了 |
[15:13] | And Henry, of course. | 当然 还有亨利 |
[15:17] | Of course. | 当然 |
[15:18] | Henry’s at New Carthige now. | 亨利现在在纽卡西芝了 |
[15:21] | Head of the law faculty. | 法学院主任 |
[15:24] | The youngest they’ve ever had. | 他们最年轻的主任 |
[15:26] | Yes, I read something about that. | 是 我读到了 |
[15:29] | He’s done very well for himself. | 他真是有出息 |
[15:33] | And you, Morse? | 你呢 摩斯 |
[15:35] | What have you accomplished? | 你成就了什么 |
[15:39] | Not so much, I don’t suppose. | 没成就多少吧 |
[15:41] | By comparison. | 至少相比之下 |
[15:44] | Well, if you need any assistance. | 如果你需要帮助 |
[15:48] | Then I’d certainly like to help. | 我很乐意帮忙 |
[15:50] | Here’s my card. | 这是我的名片 |
[15:51] | My home number’s on the back. | 后面有我的家庭电话 |
[15:53] | Well, I’m sure that won’t be necessary. | 我相信我不会需要麻烦你的 |
[15:56] | Well, if you can think of anything. | 什么事都行 |
[16:00] | A policeman? | 警察 |
[16:05] | A detective. | 是警探 |
[16:24] | Ms. Zacharides? I’m Detective Constable Morse, city Police. | 扎克利德斯小姐 我是摩斯警员 市警局 |
[16:28] | You spoke to a Sergeant Strange, this morning | 你今早跟一位斯特兰奇警长谈过 |
[16:31] | – about your mother. – Yeah. | -是关于你妈妈 -对 |
[16:32] | I got a letter from her last week. | 我上周收到了一封她的信 |
[16:34] | She’d been in dispute with the hospital where my dad died. | 她跟爸爸去世的医院产生了纠纷 |
[16:40] | There were some of his things that weren’t returned to him | 他的一些物品没有被归还 |
[16:42] | that he had with him when he went in. | 他入院时带去的东西 |
[16:44] | Such as? | 比如呢 |
[16:47] | She got his wedding ring back. | 她拿回了他的婚戒 |
[16:49] | But there was a little bit of money went missing, | 但缺了些钱 |
[16:52] | and he had a diamond tie pin that belonged to his father. | 还有一枚他从爷爷那里继承来的钻石领带夹 |
[16:56] | Hospital denied it, of course. | 医院当然不肯承认 |
[16:58] | Said she must’ve been mistaken. | 说她肯定是搞错了 |
[17:00] | Could she have been? | 这有可能吗 |
[17:03] | Any case, she said someone from the hospital had written to say | 不管怎样 她说医院有人写信来说 |
[17:06] | they’d be coming by on Friday to discuss it. | 周五会过去 跟她谈谈 |
[17:09] | On Friday? | 周五吗 |
[17:13] | Did she say who was coming to see her? | 她说是谁要去见她了吗 |
[17:15] | No. | 没有 |
[17:16] | And what ward was your father on? | 你父亲在哪个病房 |
[17:18] | Fosdick Ward. | 福斯迪克病房 |
[17:21] | Fosdick. | 福斯迪克 |
[17:22] | That’s right. Bed ten. | 对 10号床 |
[17:27] | Right. | 好 |
[17:29] | This is where you are, sir. | 你在这里呢 长官 |
[17:31] | Division have asked me to cover for Mr. Bright for the time being. | 警部叫我暂时替一下布莱特先生 |
[17:37] | That’s good. | 那挺好 |
[17:39] | Is it? | 是吗 |
[17:40] | What do I know about flying a desk? | 我哪里会坐办公室 |
[17:43] | Any word? | 有消息吗 |
[17:45] | Perforated peptic ulcer. | 消化性溃疡穿孔 |
[17:47] | The operation’s gone as well as could be hoped for. | 手术的情况已经很不错了 |
[17:49] | And Bakewell? | 贝克韦尔呢 |
[17:51] | They’ve put him on Fosdick Ward, | 他们给他安排在了福斯迪克病房 |
[17:52] | same as Mr. Bright. | 跟布莱特先生一样 |
[17:54] | He’s putting a brave face on it | 他在强撑 |
[17:55] | but I’d say he’s rattled. | 但我觉得他挺紧张 |
[17:56] | He should be. | 他是该紧张 |
[17:58] | Heavy mob wouldn’t really try and knock him off, would they? | 不会真有人全副武装地去灭口吧 |
[18:00] | Not in the hospital. | 那毕竟是医院 |
[18:01] | I wouldn’t put anything past ’em. | 我看他们什么都干得出 |
[18:05] | Right. | 那好 |
[18:11] | Chief Super… | 高级警司… |
[18:17] | Chief Superintendent Bright’s office, D.I. Thursday speaking. | 高级警司布莱特办公室 我是瑟斯戴督察 |
[18:21] | Here then is a very special request | 现在是一首特别的点播 |
[18:24] | for a certain someone on Fosdick Ward. | 送给福斯迪克病房的某个人 |
[18:28] | Mr. Bakewell? He’s been as good as gold. | 贝克韦尔先生 他表现很好 |
[18:31] | Well if you see anyone unusual on the ward. | 如果你在病房看到什么不寻常的人 |
[18:33] | Be sure to let us know. | 务必告诉我们 |
[18:35] | Will do. | 没问题 |
[18:39] | What are they like, the staff on Fosdick? | 福斯迪克病房的医护人员 |
[18:42] | Well, Sister Clodagh’s a bit of a tartar– | 克洛达修女挺凶的 |
[18:46] | Sister MacMahon, that is. | 应该叫麦克莫翰修女 |
[18:47] | You wouldn’t wanna get on the wrong side of her. | 你最好别惹到她 |
[18:50] | Sir Merlyn, a great man. | 默林爵士是个大好人 |
[18:52] | All the doctors quake in their boots when he’s on his rounds. | 他出来查房时 医生都紧张得瑟瑟发抖 |
[18:57] | What about the rest of ’em? | 其他人呢 |
[19:00] | Well, then there’s Nurse Byron. | 有拜伦护士 |
[19:02] | Flora. | 芙洛拉 |
[19:04] | She’s very nice. | 她挺好的 |
[19:06] | Always makes you a cup of tea if you ask. | 你跟她要 她就会去给你倒茶 |
[19:10] | Nurse Mills. | 米尔斯护士 |
[19:11] | Jo Beth. | 乔-贝丝 |
[19:13] | Well, place would fall apart without her. | 这地方没她可不行 |
[19:16] | She tends to look out for the younger nurses. | 她会照顾那些年轻点的护士 |
[19:20] | Little student nurse Daisy Bennett. | 护士生黛茜·贝内特 |
[19:24] | She’s very keen, | 她很上进 |
[19:27] | but she does tend to get in the most awful scrapes. | 但她经常惹麻烦 |
[19:33] | Course, most of them are potty about Dr. Powell. | 当然了 她们大都喜欢鲍威尔医生 |
[19:40] | Except for Sister Clodagh, of course. | 除了克洛达修女 |
[19:42] | She’s married to the job. | 她是嫁给工作了 |
[19:45] | She may have been engaged once, but… | 她可能订过婚 但… |
[19:49] | I suppose everyone’s got their own secret sadness, haven’t they? | 大概每个人都有暗藏心里的秘密痛苦吧 |
[19:54] | Suppose. | 大概吧 |
[19:56] | What’s yours? | 你的秘密呢 |
[19:59] | Flat feet. | 平足 |
[20:19] | Nurse? | 护士 |
[20:21] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:24] | Hi, you’re with Mr. Bright, yes? | 你们是布莱特先生的人吧 |
[20:26] | Dr. Powell. | 鲍威尔医生 |
[20:28] | How is he? | 他怎么样了 |
[20:29] | Well, we’re hopeful for a full recovery of course, | 我们认为他应该会完全痊愈 |
[20:31] | but we will keep him on Open Order for the time being, | 但目前还需要继续观察他 |
[20:34] | so please don’t feel bound by general visiting hours. | 所以不必局限于一般的探视时间 |
[20:38] | Well, thank you. | 好 谢谢 |
[20:40] | Excuse me. | 失陪了 |
[20:47] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[20:48] | Let’s go and get a drink. | 我们去喝点东西 |
[20:55] | Who was that you were talking to on the ward? | 你之前在病房跟她说话的人是谁 |
[20:59] | I knew her daughter when I was at Oxford. | 我上牛津时 认识她女儿 |
[21:02] | Come on. | 说嘛 |
[21:04] | “I knew her daughter at Oxford,” and…? | “我上牛津时 认识她女儿” 还有呢 |
[21:08] | You can’t just leave it there. | 你不能只说到这儿 |
[21:10] | Maybe when I know you better. | 等我们再熟点吧 |
[21:12] | Did she break your heart? | 她伤了你的心吗 |
[21:15] | We were engaged to be married. | 我们本来都订婚了 |
[21:20] | And then we weren’t. | 但婚约取消了 |
[21:28] | There. | 我说了 |
[21:29] | So now you know all my secrets. | 这下我的秘密你都知道了 |
[21:48] | Come on… | 来吧 |
[22:22] | How is he? | 他怎么样了 |
[22:25] | Not come to. | 还没醒 |
[22:26] | Where’s his babysitter? | 他的守卫呢 |
[22:28] | Gone for a brew. | 去喝茶了 |
[22:28] | I said I’d cover. | 我答应替他看着 |
[22:30] | I understand the operation went well. | 手术很顺利 是吧 |
[22:32] | We’ll look after him. | 我们会照顾他的 |
[22:33] | Fred. | 弗莱德 |
[22:48] | I’m D.C. Morse. | 我是摩斯警员 |
[22:50] | Nurse Mills. | 米尔斯护士 |
[22:55] | Nice to meet you. | 认识你很高兴 |
[22:59] | No. | 不 |
[23:01] | No. | 不 |
[23:04] | Look whatever you may think of me, | 无论你是怎么看我的 |
[23:05] | I am truly sorry that he is dead. | 我真心对他的死感到难过 |
[23:14] | Can you explain why Mrs. Zacharides | 你能解释为什么扎克利德斯太太 |
[23:16] | would receive a letter from the hospital signed M. Keenan? | 会收到一封从医院寄去 署名是茉·基南的信吗 |
[23:20] | No. | 我不知道 |
[23:24] | Look, I haven’t killed anyone. | 我没有杀人 |
[23:26] | They were all your patients, Dr. Powell. | 他们全是你的病人 鲍威尔医生 |
[23:28] | If anyone’s killing patients in that hospital, it’s Sir Merlyn. | 如果那家医院有人在杀病患的话 也是默林爵士 |
[23:34] | Is this his idea, hm? | 这是他的主意吗 |
[23:36] | Blame me for his mistakes? Is that it? | 把他的错推到我身上 是这样吗 |
[23:38] | What mistakes? | 什么错 |
[23:39] | You seen his hands? | 你们看到他的手了吗 |
[23:41] | The last six months he’s developed a tremor. | 过去六个月他的手一直在抖 |
[23:44] | Drinks, does he? | 他喝酒吗 |
[23:45] | I’m sure he does. | 当然了 |
[23:46] | But that is either motor neurone disease | 但那 要么是运动神经元疾病 |
[23:50] | or he’s medicating himself for Parkinson’s. | 要么是他在自我用药治疗帕金森综合征 |
[23:54] | Either way, he shouldn’t be within 20 feet of a scalpel. | 不管怎样 他根本不该做手术 |
[24:01] | So, someone claiming to be from the hospital | 那么 是有人假冒医院的名义 |
[24:04] | makes a bogus appointment with Mrs. Zacharides, | 假意约见扎克利德斯太太 |
[24:06] | and does her in. | 然后杀了她 |
[24:07] | Presumably to stop her from digging in | 应该是为了阻止她 |
[24:09] | to what happened to her husband. | 调查她丈夫的死因 |
[24:11] | Her bureau was in a mess, didn’t you say? | 你不是说她的书桌被翻乱了 |
[24:13] | Maybe the killer was looking for the letter | 或许凶手就是想找到信 |
[24:15] | in order to cover their tracks. | 好掩盖自己的行踪 |
[24:17] | Ah, gentlemen. | 先生们 |
[24:18] | Sergeant Strange said you were on the premises. | 斯特兰奇警长说你们就在这里 |
[24:21] | Do you have a moment? | 你们有空吗 |
[24:22] | I believe it will be to your advantage. | 我相信这会对你们有用 |
[24:25] | The late Mr. Bakewell. | 过世的贝克韦尔先生 |
[24:27] | As you know from my previous examination | 你们知道 在我此前的检验中 |
[24:29] | there was nothing to suggest anything untoward | 并无证据表明 他的死 |
[24:32] | in the manner of his decease. | 有任何不妥 |
[24:34] | However, when I looked again. | 但是 我再次仔细查看后 |
[24:36] | I found… | 我发现了… |
[24:38] | Ah, do you see? | 看到了吗 |
[24:39] | A very tiny wound, on his right buttock. | 他右臀这里有个很小的伤口 |
[24:42] | Yeah, that’s not much bigger than a pin-prick. | 对 不比针孔大多少 |
[24:45] | Actually, the prick of a hypodermic needle. | 其实 就是皮下注射的针孔 |
[24:48] | Nothing unusual in that, perhaps. | 这或许并无不寻常 |
[24:50] | Mr. Bakewell died in a hospital after all. | 贝克韦尔先生毕竟是死在了医院里 |
[24:53] | So, I checked his records. | 于是 我查了他的记录 |
[24:56] | Mr. Bakewell only received oral analgesic. | 贝克韦尔先生只服了口服镇痛剂 |
[25:00] | No injections? | 没扎过针吗 |
[25:01] | So somebody stuck him with something. | 所以有人给他注射了什么东西 |
[25:02] | Any idea what? | 知道是什么吗 |
[25:04] | There’s nothing shown up on his blood toxicology. | 他的血检并无异常 |
[25:07] | However, I’m going to take a sample | 但我打算在这附近 |
[25:09] | from around this area. | 取个样本 |
[25:12] | Might shed some light. | 或许能发现什么 |
[25:13] | What about Mrs. Zacharides? | 那扎克利德斯太太呢 |
[25:15] | Been collected by the undertakers. | 已被殡仪员收走了 |
[25:17] | I’ve spoken to them. | 我问过他们了 |
[25:18] | Her body’s already been embalmed. | 她的尸体已做了防腐 |
[25:19] | There was another one? | 但还有一个 |
[25:21] | Down in bed ten earlier this week? Mister…? | 本周早些时候的10号床病人 叫… |
[25:24] | – Oh, Mr. Greely. – Yes. | -格瑞利先生 -对 |
[25:25] | Yes, it’s the same there, I’m afraid. | 对 恐怕他也是 |
[25:28] | So we’ve no way to make a comparison? | 那我们无法做对比了吗 |
[25:32] | Well, there might be. | 或许也能 |
[25:42] | Good morning, Gentlemen. | 早上好 先生们 |
[25:44] | Now, which one’s this? | 这是哪个 |
[25:46] | Arthur Carpenter. | 亚瑟·卡朋特 |
[25:47] | Died in July. Unembalmed. | 七月死的 没做防腐 |
[25:49] | Anything further on your examination of Bakewell? | 你对贝克韦尔的尸检还有新发现吗 |
[25:52] | Markedly high levels of insulin | 注射处附近的组织内 |
[25:54] | in the tissue surrounding the injection site. | 胰岛素含量异常高 |
[25:56] | How come that wasn’t found at post-mortem? | 尸检时怎么会没发现 |
[25:58] | Because insulin disappears from the blood after death. | 因为胰岛素会在死后从血液中消失 |
[26:03] | Now we don’t fully understand the mechanism | 我们尚不完全明白其中原理 |
[26:07] | whereby hypoglycemia brings on death, | 就是低血糖如何引发死亡 |
[26:10] | but the latest thinking is a fall in glucose levels | 但最新的理论是 血糖的大幅降低 |
[26:14] | causes a massive release of adrenaline, | 会导致肾上腺素激增 |
[26:16] | which triggers an electrical disturbance in the heart. | 从而导致心脏电干扰 |
[26:20] | Looks like we’re there? | 看来挖到了 |
[26:46] | Crikey, he’s ripe. | 老天 他真臭 |
[26:51] | Yeah, left buttock. | 对 左臀 |
[26:54] | Minute puncture wound. | 细微针刺伤 |
[26:55] | Same as Bakewell. | 跟贝克韦尔一样 |
[27:09] | How’d it go? | 怎么样 |
[27:11] | You wouldn’t have enjoyed it. | 你肯定不会喜欢的 |
[27:12] | But he appears to have been another victim | 但据德布林医生说 他似乎也是 |
[27:14] | according to Dr. DeBryn. | 一位受害者 |
[27:15] | Anything on Powell? | 鲍威尔有发现吗 |
[27:17] | Well, there’s nothing from Finisham. | 芬尼舍姆医院那边并无发现 |
[27:19] | But he seems to have left Long Hampton | 但他离开朗汉普顿医院似乎是 |
[27:20] | under something of a cloud. | 因为一起争议事件 |
[27:22] | There was a death on the children’s ward 15 years ago. | 15年前 儿童病房有一人死亡 |
[27:24] | – Where’s this? – It’s in Warwickshire. | -在哪 -沃里克郡 |
[27:26] | An 11-year-old girl. Molly Keenan. | 一个11岁的女孩 茉莉·基南 |
[27:28] | The letter to Mrs. Zacharides was signed M. Keenan, wasn’t it? | 寄给扎克利德斯太太的信署名不就是茉·基南吗 |
[27:32] | Now the parents tried to | 她的父母本想 |
[27:33] | bring the case for negligence against Dr. Powell, | 告鲍威尔医生渎职 |
[27:35] | but he was cleared on the evidence of a young nurse, | 但一名年轻护士为他洗脱了嫌疑 |
[27:37] | Clodagh MacMahon. | 克洛达·麦克莫翰 |
[27:39] | Sister MacMahon? | 麦克莫翰修女 |
[27:47] | Dr. Powell? | 鲍威尔医生 |
[27:51] | Can you tell us about Molly Keenan? | 你能跟我说说茉莉·基南吗 |
[27:54] | What? | 什么 |
[27:55] | Molly Keenan, Dr. Powell. | 茉莉·基南 鲍威尔医生 |
[27:58] | 11-year-old girl | 一个11岁的女孩 |
[27:59] | at Long Hampton Hospital, died in your care. | 在朗汉普顿医院死亡 你是她的主治医生 |
[28:03] | I was-I was cleared of any involvement. | 我的嫌疑已被洗清 |
[28:05] | Hm, from the testimony of Sister MacMahon. | 因为麦克莫翰修女的证词 |
[28:06] | Insulin overdose, wasn’t it? | 胰岛素过量 对吗 |
[28:09] | Administered by you. | 是你注射的 |
[28:11] | Administered by me, yes. | 没错 是我注射的 |
[28:12] | But the syringe had been prepared in error by a student nurse. | 但是护士生准备错了注射剂里的药量 |
[28:16] | Student nurse Ruby Hiscutt. | 鲁比·希斯库特护士生 |
[28:17] | Who later killed herself by the same means. | 她后来用同样方式自杀了 |
[28:20] | In the six months since your tenure, | 自你到任这六个月以来 |
[28:22] | there have been upward of a dozen deaths on Fosdick Ward, | 福斯迪克病房发生了十几例死亡 |
[28:25] | several of whom we can now prove | 其中几例我们现已能证实 |
[28:27] | died from hypoglycemic shock. | 是死于低血糖休克 |
[28:29] | All of them your patients. | 他们都是你的病人 |
[28:31] | So what? I’m-I’m responsible? | 怎么 你们觉得是我干的 |
[28:33] | I think we should continue this down the station. | 剩下的我们还是去警局谈吧 |
[28:37] | Dean’. Dean’. | 迪恩 迪恩 |
[28:39] | Where are you taking him? He didn’t do anything’. | 你们带他去哪 他什么也没干 |
[28:41] | It’s all right Miss. | 没事 小姐 |
[28:42] | He’s just helping us with our inquiries. | 他只是去协助我们的调查 |
[28:43] | Nurse Bennett’. | 贝内特护士 |
[28:44] | About your business. | 去做你的工作 |
[28:49] | You did this’. | 是你干的 |
[28:52] | You… | 是你… |
[28:54] | Evil old cow. | 老巫婆 |
[28:57] | That’s what they think’. | 大家都这么想 |
[28:59] | That’s what everybody calls you behind your back. | 大家都这么在背后叫你 |
[29:02] | An evil old cow. | 一个老巫婆 |
[29:07] | It’s all right, Daisy. | 好了 黛茜 |
[29:09] | She didn’t mean it. | 她不是有意的 |
[29:11] | Get her out of here. | 带她离开这里 |
[29:20] | Take a look around his office. | 去看一下他的办公室 |
[29:21] | See if you can dig anything else up there. | 看看还能在那里找到什么别的线索 |
[29:24] | And try his flat. | 再去他公寓看看 |
[29:25] | I’ll see you back at the nick. | 回警局见 |
[30:01] | Reading material? | 需要阅读材料吗 |
[30:02] | Got ’em all here. | 我什么都有 |
[30:03] | Westerns. Romance. Crime. | 西方文学 浪漫小说 犯罪探案 |
[30:06] | Latest Kent Finn? | 肯特·芬恩最新著作 |
[30:08] | Nothing, thank you. | 不了 谢谢 |
[30:10] | I’ve got a tumor on Windsor Ward | 温莎病房有个肿瘤患者 |
[30:12] | reading Lady Chatterley, | 在读《查泰莱夫人的情人》 |
[30:13] | but I don’t expect he’ll get to the end of it. | 但我看他是读不完了 |
[30:15] | You want me to pop your name down? | 要我给你预约上吗 |
[30:17] | That really won’t be necessary. | 真的不必了 |
[30:39] | Hello. | 你好 |
[30:40] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么 |
[30:41] | Charlie, don’t bother the gentleman. | 查理 别去打扰那位先生 |
[30:43] | It’s quite all right. | 没事的 |
[30:44] | Come here. | 过来 |
[30:46] | You got kids? | 你有孩子吗 |
[30:49] | No. | 没有 |
[30:51] | I’ve got a daughter. | 我有个女儿 |
[30:53] | Barbara. Twenty-three she is. | 芭芭拉 她23了 |
[30:56] | I’ve got a picture of her in my wallet here. | 我钱包里还有她的照片 |
[30:58] | Don’t trouble yourself on my account. | 不必为我费事了 |
[30:59] | Really, we’re not friends, Mr. Bakewell. | 真的 我们不是朋友 贝克韦尔先生 |
[31:02] | No need to be like that, copper. | 别这样嘛 警察 |
[31:04] | I’m just trying to pass the time of day. | 只是想打发时间 |
[31:07] | We’re all in the same boat here. | 我们在一条船上 |
[31:08] | As may be, but don’t presume to some easy familiarity by. | 虽说如此 但别因此想跟我套近乎 |
[31:14] | Don’t fool yourself. | 别自欺欺人了 |
[31:16] | You might have a nice house | 你或许住漂亮房子 |
[31:17] | and sit on the Bowls Club Committee, | 是什么高档俱乐部的委员会成员 |
[31:19] | but when it comes down to it, | 但说到底 |
[31:21] | we’re just two cheeks on the same arse. | 我们就是一个屁股的两瓣 |
[31:26] | Here, Fred. | 弗莱德 |
[31:27] | Who stuck a broom handle up his jacksy? | 是谁在他屁股里插了把扫帚[严肃] |
[31:30] | Is that how you get the station swept, is it? | 你们就拿他打扫警局吗 |
[31:32] | Mind your manners or you’ll get one up yours. | 给我说话小心 否则给你屁股里插扫帚 |
[31:39] | I wasn’t sure if you’d sooner green or black, | 我不知道你喜欢绿的还是紫的 |
[31:42] | so I got one of each. | 就各买了一串 |
[32:03] | Fred. | 弗莱德 |
[32:04] | Listen, the Matthews gang… | 马修斯帮 |
[32:08] | If anything happens… | 如果我出事了 |
[32:09] | Nothing’s gonna happen, Terry. | 不会出事的 泰瑞 |
[32:12] | You’re on the mend. | 你在好转了 |
[32:13] | Couple of days you’ll be back in Farnleigh, safe and sound. | 只要几天 你就能安然回到法穆利监狱 |
[32:16] | If it does, though… | 但如果真出事了 |
[32:18] | I’m asking you man to man, | 我将心比心地求你 |
[32:20] | one father to another. | 作为一个父亲请求另一个父亲 |
[32:23] | Look out for my Babs, | 照顾好我家小芭 |
[32:26] | she don’t know nothing. | 她什么都不知道 |
[32:28] | But they’ll come for her all the same. | 但他们还是会去找她 |
[32:32] | – I’m begging. – No need to beg. | -我求你 -不必 |
[32:35] | They won’t touch her, I promise. | 他们别想碰她 我保证 |
[32:50] | You came’. | 你来了 |
[32:52] | Yes, I was passing. | 是啊 我正好路过 |
[32:54] | Were you? | 是吗 |
[32:56] | No. | 不是 |
[33:00] | Is it as you remember? | 跟记忆里一样吗 |
[33:03] | More or less. | 差不多吧 |
[33:06] | How’s Edgar? | 埃德加怎么样了 |
[33:08] | No change. | 没变化 |
[33:10] | Why do they say that? | 为什么要这么说呢 |
[33:11] | I have no idea. | 真不懂 |
[33:14] | He’s changed utterly. | 他完全变了个人 |
[33:16] | He’s changed beyond all recognition. | 他已经变得认不出了 |
[33:20] | I suppose they mean in his condition. | 他们应该是指他的病情 |
[33:22] | I’m aware of what they mean. | 我清楚他们指什么 |
[33:28] | It is good of you to come. | 谢谢你来 |
[33:32] | We don’t see eye to eye. | 我们相互都不怎么喜欢 |
[33:35] | Why would you be kind? | 你为什么要这么客气 |
[33:39] | Because life is too short. | 因为人生苦短 |
[33:43] | That was all such a long time ago. | 那一切都过去那么久了 |
[33:47] | Laying ghosts? | 想放下过往吗 |
[33:49] | Yeah, perhaps. | 或许吧 |
[33:51] | Some places exert an influence far beyond their due. | 有些地方对人的影响太过深远了 |
[33:54] | People, too. | 人也是 |
[33:57] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[33:59] | Yes, if you let them. | 如果你任由他们的话 |
[34:03] | Now, good as new. | 好了 恢复如初 |
[34:05] | He’ll be back to his thieving ways before you know it. | 他很快就能回去鸡鸣狗盗了 |
[34:09] | Would you like me to close? | 要我缝合吗 |
[34:10] | No. | 不用 |
[34:13] | I’d like the odds of my patient’s survival | 我希望我病人的生还率 |
[34:14] | to be better than evens. | 能超过50% |
[34:19] | Why doesn’t he just retire? | 他怎么不干脆退休 |
[34:21] | I’m sure his mind’s going. Or his nerve. | 他的脑子肯定不行了 或是心态 |
[34:23] | Did you see his hand shake? | 你看到他手抖了吗 |
[34:27] | Seen that new little redhead on Maybury? | 见过梅伯利病房那个新来的红发妞了吗 |
[34:29] | Legs up to here. | 腿这么长 |
[34:31] | Get it while it’s hot, boyo, or I will. | 趁热赶紧追 否则我上了 |
[34:33] | I’m all right on that score. | 我这方面可以了 |
[34:38] | How is it you know Sir Merlyn? | 你怎么认识默林爵士的 |
[34:41] | He saved Susan’s life. | 他救了苏珊一命 |
[34:44] | Two years ago. | 两年前 |
[34:46] | Her heart, of all things. | 她的心脏 真没想到 |
[34:50] | And as a mark of gratitude, | 作为感激 |
[34:52] | Edgar left a major bequest in his will. | 埃德加在遗嘱里为他留了一大笔钱 |
[34:56] | – To the hospital? – No. | -给医院吗 -不 |
[34:58] | To Merlyn, personally. | 给默林个人 |
[35:01] | He’s about to retire soon, isn’t he? | 他不是要退休了吗 |
[35:03] | No, he’s not going to retire, | 不 他不会退休的 |
[35:05] | not as far as I know. | 据我所知不会 |
[35:07] | Why do you ask? | 为什么这么问 |
[35:11] | I’m just trying to build up a picture. | 我就是想了解情况 |
[35:17] | And have you spoken to Susan? | 你跟苏珊通过话吗 |
[35:19] | Of course. | 当然 |
[35:22] | Haven’t mentioned you. | 我没提你 |
[35:24] | No. | 当然 |
[35:26] | Well, I didn’t think you would. | 我也没觉得你会提 |
[35:46] | Nurse’. | 护士 |
[35:57] | Are you all right? | 你还好吗 |
[36:00] | Can you give me something for the pain? | 可以给我点什么止痛吗 |
[36:02] | I’ll fetch Dr. Powell. | 我去叫鲍威尔医生 |
[36:25] | Right time on the wards today. | 今天病房里还是那样 |
[36:28] | Nurse Daisy’s in trouble with Sister again. | 黛茜护士又惹到了修女 |
[36:33] | Too much mascara. | 睫毛膏涂多了 |
[36:38] | Not like you, eh? | 你可不会 是吧 |
[37:05] | Evil old cow’. | 老巫婆 |
[37:11] | Morning. | 早 |
[37:13] | Morning, Sister. | 早 修女 |
[37:16] | Anything to report? | 有什么要报告的吗 |
[37:17] | No, Sister, uneventful night. | 没有 修女 一夜平静 |
[37:23] | Morning, Mr. Bakewell. | 早 贝克韦尔先生 |
[37:27] | Mr. Bakewell? | 贝克韦尔先生 |
[37:29] | Sister? | 修女 |
[37:30] | Sister’. | 修女 |
[37:38] | Nurse Mills, get the doctor. | 米尔斯护士 去叫医生 |
[37:40] | Get the screen round. | 把屏风拉起来 |
[37:50] | Mr. Bakewell was found dead shortly after 7:30 this morning, | 贝克韦尔先生是今早7:30刚过被发现过世的 |
[37:54] | when the day staff came on shift. | 也就是白班上岗时 |
[37:56] | And we’re not in the habit of keeping the deceased on the ward. | 我们可不会把死者留在病房里 |
[38:02] | What condition was he in after the operation? | 他术后的情况如何 |
[38:04] | Recovering well, I believe. | 我认为他恢复良好 |
[38:05] | Then how do you explain his taking a sudden a turn for the worse? | 那如何解释他这样突然恶化 |
[38:08] | I’m afraid we’ll have to leave that for the post-mortem. But | 那恐怕只能等尸检了 但是 |
[38:12] | I believe Dr. Powell was on call | 昨晚是鲍威尔医生当班 |
[38:14] | and attended to Bakewell last night. | 还来查看过贝克韦尔 |
[38:31] | I was on Nightingale Ward, | 我昨晚在南丁格尔病房 |
[38:34] | Nurse Byron came and asked me to attend to Mr. Bakewell. | 拜伦护士叫我去看一下贝克韦尔先生 |
[38:36] | What time was that? | 那是几点 |
[38:38] | It was a little after 3:00. | 刚过凌晨3点 |
[38:40] | He was in some discomfort. | 他感到不适 |
[38:42] | I told Nurse Byron to administer two opioid analgesics orally, | 我叫拜伦护士给他口服了两剂麻醉镇痛剂 |
[38:45] | and then I left. | 然后我就走了 |
[38:47] | Just before 3:00, | 快3点时 |
[38:47] | Mr. Bakewell asked for something to help with the pain. | 贝克韦尔先生说想要点镇痛的东西 |
[38:50] | So, I went and found Dr. Powell. | 我就去找来了鲍威尔医生 |
[38:52] | How long were you gone from the ward? | 你离开了病房多久 |
[38:54] | Ten minutes? | 10分钟吧 |
[38:55] | It’s about four minutes there. | 过去要四分钟 |
[38:57] | I spoke to Dr. Powell for perhaps two minutes | 我跟鲍威尔医生说了两分钟吧 |
[38:59] | and then four minutes back. | 然后回来又是四分钟 |
[39:00] | And there couldn’t have been any mistake in the dosage, | 不会是你给贝克韦尔先生 |
[39:02] | that you gave Mr. Bakewell, | 用错了剂量吗 |
[39:03] | it was exactly what Dr. Powell prescribed? | 是完全按照鲍威尔医生开的处方 |
[39:06] | It was just a couple of painkillers. | 只是两片镇痛剂 |
[39:07] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[39:08] | Doctor Powell’s completely thorough. | 鲍威尔医生做事很用心的 |
[39:11] | The unpaid overtime he puts in. | 他经常白干加班 |
[39:13] | He even comes in when he doesn’t have to be here. | 哪怕没必要时 他也会来医院 |
[39:15] | Just to check on his patients. | 就来看看病人 |
[39:18] | Doesn’t he? | 是吧 |
[39:19] | I-I suppose. | 好像是吧 |
[39:21] | And you weren’t away from the ward at any other time, | 你其他时候也一直在病房吗 |
[39:24] | until you were relieved this morning at the time of shift? | 直到今早交班 |
[39:27] | No. No, I wasn’t. | 对 一直在 |
[39:29] | We found the stem of a bunch of grapes under his bed. | 我们在他床下发现了一串葡萄梗 |
[39:33] | Any idea where that could have come from? | 知道那是哪来的吗 |
[39:35] | That was a gift, I believe, from Mr. Talbot. | 那好像是塔伯特先生送他的礼物 |
[39:41] | Anything? | 有发现吗 |
[39:42] | Constable Jones said he didn’t leave his side all night. | 琼斯警员说他整夜守在他病床前 |
[39:45] | He’s a good man, sir. | 他是个好警察 长官 |
[39:47] | Well, somebody got to Bakewell. | 有人杀了贝克韦尔 |
[39:49] | And my money’s on Scotch Tam Fraser. | 我赌是苏格兰帽哥·弗莱泽 |
[39:50] | What, reckon he came back for another go? | 你觉得他是又回来下手了吗 |
[39:52] | How’d he get past the sentry and Constable Jones? | 可他怎么通过站岗的警卫和琼斯警员的 |
[39:54] | Who knows, but he did. | 谁知道 但他做到了 |
[39:55] | He could be back in Scotland by now. | 他现在可能都回苏格兰了 |
[39:57] | But if he’s in Oxford I want him found. | 但如果他还在牛津 我就要找到他 |
[39:58] | Bed ten again. | 又是10号床 |
[40:00] | Oh, you’re not putting anything by that, are you? | 你不会真信那个吧 |
[40:03] | There was one thing, sir. | 有件事 长官 |
[40:05] | Jones said he saw the Sister take something | 琼斯说 修女发现贝克韦尔尸体时 |
[40:07] | out of Bakewell’s hand when she found him. | 从他手里拿走了什么东西 |
[40:09] | Like what? | 什么东西 |
[40:10] | Well, he couldn’t be sure, | 他并不确定 |
[40:11] | but he thought it looked like a flower. | 但好像是朵花 |
[40:14] | A white one. | 白花 |
[40:18] | I don’t know what he thinks he saw, | 我不知道他以为自己看到了什么 |
[40:19] | but I’m afraid he’s mistaken. | 但他是看错了 |
[40:22] | You removed a bunch of flowers | 你从他床边拿走了 |
[40:23] | from beside his bed, didn’t you. | 一束花 不是吗 |
[40:25] | That’s what I heard you talking to Nurse Bennett about? | 我之前听到你跟贝内特护士说起了 |
[40:27] | But what of it? | 怎么了 |
[40:28] | Have you any idea where they came from? | 你是否知道那花是哪来的 |
[40:31] | I’ve more important things to be doing with my time. | 我还有更要紧的事要考虑呢 |
[40:33] | My point is, how could he have received any flowers, | 我想说的是 他怎么可能收到花 |
[40:35] | if he didn’t have any visitors? | 根本没人探视他 |
[40:38] | I expect they belonged to another patient that had been discharged. | 大概原本属于其他已出院的病人 |
[40:42] | Rather than throw them out, | 不知是哪个护士 |
[40:43] | one of the nurses or porters donated them. | 或门房 没有丢掉 而是转赠了 |
[40:47] | Now… | 那么 |
[40:49] | if you’ll excuse me, | 失陪了 |
[40:50] | I’ve a ward to run. | 我还得管理病房 |
[40:53] | I came to in the early hours, | 我凌晨时醒过 |
[40:57] | briefly. | 就一小会儿 |
[40:58] | There was a screen around his bed. | 他床边拉着帘 |
[41:02] | Someone was in there with him. | 有人在里面 跟他在一起 |
[41:04] | I could see a shadow moving about. | 我能看到影子动 |
[41:05] | It was a nurse, I think. | 好像是个护士 |
[41:07] | – You didn’t see which one? – No. | -你没看到是哪个 -没 |
[41:09] | Just the silhouette of a uniform. | 只看到了护士服的剪影 |
[41:12] | Where was Constable Jones? | 琼斯警员当时在哪 |
[41:13] | I don’t know. Wasn’t there. | 我不知道 不在 |
[41:15] | Anything else, sir? | 还有别的吗 长官 |
[41:17] | Anything at all? | 任何事 |
[41:21] | No, I must have fallen asleep again. | 没了 我肯定之后又睡着了 |
[41:25] | That’s the end of our case against the Matthews gang. | 我们别想起诉马修斯帮了 |
[41:28] | Bakewell was our star witness. | 贝克韦尔是我们的明星证人 |
[41:32] | I’ve had another word with Jones, sir. | 我又问了琼斯 长官 |
[41:33] | He’s come clean. | 他坦白了 |
[41:35] | Call of nature. | 尿急 |
[41:36] | Five minutes, he says. | 他说也就五分钟 |
[41:40] | I’ll talk to the rest of the patients, | 我去找其他病人问问 |
[41:42] | see if anyone else saw anything. | 看是否有人看到了什么 |
[41:43] | Right. | 好 |
[41:45] | Sir. | 长官 |
[41:50] | Told you, didn’t I? | 我不是说了 |
[41:51] | Yes, you told me all right, Mr. Talbot. | 你是说了 塔伯特先生 |
[41:53] | Did you see anything? | 你看到什么了吗 |
[41:54] | Oh, no, no. Out like a light. | 没有 睡得死死的 |
[41:58] | You gave Bakewell a bunch of grapes, I believe. | 你给了贝克韦尔一串葡萄是吧 |
[42:00] | Well, half a bunch, felt sorry for him. | 半串 觉得可怜他 |
[42:02] | On his own some, no visitors, you know. | 就他自己 没人来探视 |
[42:07] | You’re a regular patient here, are you? | 你常来这里住院 是吧 |
[42:09] | Oh, yeah, yeah, I’ve been in and out a bit. | 是的 我来来去去了好几次 |
[42:10] | You know, on account of my guts. | 因为我的胃 |
[42:13] | I wonder if you could give me a list of all of the dates | 不知您是否可以给我列出这六个月来 |
[42:15] | you’ve stayed over the past, what, six months? | 您所有的住院日期 |
[42:19] | And did you see anything unusual? | 你是否看到了什么异常 |
[42:22] | No it was pretty quiet, to be honest. | 没有 老实说 昨晚挺平静的 |
[42:25] | I had a couple of urine samples to run over to pathology. | 我拿了几瓶尿样送去病理学部 |
[42:29] | That’s in a separate block. | 那是在另一个区 |
[42:32] | And Mrs. Waldegrave on Hyacinth Ward | 风信子病房的沃德格雷夫太太 |
[42:35] | died about 1:00. | 大概1点过世了 |
[42:39] | Have you any idea why Bakewell would have been found | 你是否知道为何贝克韦尔被发现时 |
[42:41] | with a flower in his hand? | 手里会有朵花 |
[42:43] | Well, if it’d been a white flower, | 如果是朵白花 |
[42:46] | the staff do, do that if it’s a child that’s died. | 医护人员会给死去的孩子留朵白花 |
[42:50] | When they lay ’em out. | 摆放尸体时 |
[42:51] | They put a little flower in their hand. | 给他们手里塞朵小白花 |
[42:53] | Like a white rose, or a daisy as such. | 像是白玫瑰 雏菊什么的 |
[42:57] | For-for the parents. | 为了安慰父母 |
[42:59] | They look like little angels. | 让他们看上去像小天使 |
[43:02] | It’s hard to believe they’ve gone sometimes. | 有时会难以相信他们已经死了 |
[43:07] | But they have. | 但他们是死了 |
[43:44] | Information room from Trewlove. | 楚拉夫呼叫情报室 |
[43:48] | Information room from Trewlove. | 楚拉夫呼叫情报室 |
[43:52] | Been here since Wednesday, from the parking tickets. | 看停车罚单 从周三起就停这里了 |
[44:03] | Ugh, gee whiz. | 老天爷 |
[44:07] | That’s Tam Fraser. | 那是帽哥·弗莱泽 |
[44:09] | So it couldn’t’ve been him that did for Bakewell then. | 看来不是他杀了贝克韦尔 |
[44:11] | Not if he’s already dead. | 他早死了 |
[44:12] | That’ll be his driver presumably. | 里面的应该是他的司机了 |
[44:15] | Get the pathologist out. | 去叫病理学家 |
[44:27] | Dead two days according to deBryn, | 德布林说死两天了 |
[44:29] | Scotch Tam and his driver. | 苏格兰帽哥和他的司机 |
[44:31] | Two shots apiece. | 每人各两枪 |
[44:32] | Point blank range. | 近距离 |
[44:34] | What’s this? | 这什么 |
[44:36] | All the deaths in bed ten on Fosdick Ward. | 福斯迪克病房10号床的所有死亡记录 |
[44:38] | With Bakewell that’s nine in the last six months. | 加上贝克韦尔 六个月里九个人了 |
[44:41] | All of them are Dr. Powell’s. | 而且都是鲍威尔医生的病人 |
[44:43] | What do we know about him? | 我们对他有何了解 |
[44:44] | Not much. | 不多 |
[44:45] | Sir Merlyn fancies he’s after his job. | 默林爵士认为他想要他的工作 |
[44:47] | – Is he? – Who knows? | -是吗 -谁知道呢 |
[44:48] | But there’s no love lost. | 但他们之间并无好感 |
[44:49] | I’ve asked for his records from Long Hampton | 我已向朗汉普顿医院和芬尼舍姆医院 |
[44:51] | and Finisham. | 要他的记录了 |
[44:52] | What about other members of staff? | 其他的医院员工呢 |
[44:54] | The porter, Capper, he was on duty for most of the deaths. | 门房卡普 大部分死亡发生时 他都在值班 |
[44:58] | Um, the nurses… It’s a changing roster, | 护士的排班表一直在换 |
[44:59] | so all of them could have access to the ward. | 他们都能去病房 |
[45:02] | Patients? | 病人呢 |
[45:03] | The only long term one is Burt Talbot. | 唯一的长期病人就是波特·塔伯特 |
[45:05] | He’s been present for four of the deaths in bed ten. | 10号床的四起死亡他都在场 |
[45:11] | Where were you yesterday? | 你昨天去哪了 |
[45:15] | I had things to do. | 我有事要办 |
[45:17] | Family or…? | 家事吗… |
[45:21] | Well, if you need an ear, or more time off…? | 如果你需要人谈谈 或是再请假 |
[45:24] | No, no, no. | 不不 |
[45:25] | Fine, thank you. | 没事 谢谢 |
[45:26] | It’s done now. | 都办妥了 |
[45:29] | Keep me posted. | 有消息告诉我 |
[45:34] | Wrong office. | 走错办公室了 |
[46:17] | Is that Mrs. Robson? | 那是罗伯森太太吗 |
[46:19] | The jeweler’s wife. | 珠宝商的妻子 |
[46:21] | Naomi. | 娜奥米 |
[46:22] | You were married. | 是你前妻 |
[46:24] | She left me for Robson. | 她为罗伯森离开了我 |
[46:27] | And Bakewell was in the gang that left her paralyzed. | 贝克韦尔正是导致她瘫痪的抢匪成员 |
[46:30] | You think I’d do something to him over a woman | 你觉得我会为了一个抛弃我的女人 |
[46:32] | – who’s walked out on me? – Yes, | -对他下毒手吗 -是的 |
[46:34] | I do, if you’re still in love with her. | 没错 如果你还爱着她的话 |
[46:38] | Suppose you think that’s pathetic. | 你觉得那很可悲吧 |
[46:42] | I didn’t do anything to Bakewell. | 我没对贝克韦尔做什么 |
[46:44] | Where were you last night? | 你昨晚在哪 |
[46:47] | Finished my shift here, got home at 11:00. | 在这里值完班 11点到的家 |
[46:50] | Anyone vouch for you? | 有人能为你作证吗 |
[46:51] | Now you’re just trying to be funny. | 你这是在笑话我呢 |
[46:54] | Can anyone vouch for you? | 有人能为你作证吗 |
[46:56] | Slight change of scenery for you, Mr. Bright. | 给你换换风景 布莱特先生 |
[46:58] | Bed ten, please, Capper. | 换到10床 卡普 谢谢 |
[47:00] | Right you are, Sister. | 好嘞 修女 |
[47:01] | I was quite happy where I was. | 我之前的病床挺好的 |
[47:03] | Dr. Powell’s orders. | 鲍威尔医生的命令 |
[47:04] | There you go, Mr. Bright. | 好了 布莱特先生 |
[47:07] | He’ll be by later to discuss your X-rays. | 他稍后会来讨论你的X光片 |
[47:12] | Did they talk to you? | 他们找你谈了吗 |
[47:14] | Not that I could tell them much. | 我也说不出什么 |
[47:16] | I mean, I just found him. | 我只是发现了他 |
[47:18] | But Dean says they’ve been in and out of everything. | 但迪恩说他们上上下下都查了 |
[47:21] | Ho ho, Dean is it now? | 都直呼其名了吗 |
[47:23] | I think Dr. Powell would be appropriate. | 鲍威尔医生更合适些 |
[47:26] | I think after last night, I can call him what I like. | 我觉得昨晚之后 我想怎么喊他都行 |
[47:32] | You’re wasting your breath. She’s a big girl. | 你在浪费口舌 她是大姑娘了 |
[47:34] | But you know what his reputation’s like. | 但你知道他的名声 |
[47:37] | And they do talk. Doctors. | 而且医生之间会说的 |
[47:39] | She doesn’t want to be just another notch on the bedpost. | 她可不想成为又一件”战绩” |
[47:43] | We nurses need to look out for each other. | 我们护士该相互照应 |
[47:45] | I don’t get it at all. | 我完全不懂 |
[47:46] | Give them a white coat and a stethoscope, | 给他们件白大褂和一副听诊器 |
[47:48] | and we’re expected to fall at their feet? | 我们就该拜倒在他们脚下吗 |
[48:00] | Evening. | 晚上好 |
[48:03] | Some food for you. | 给你的食物 |
[48:22] | Caroline? | 卡罗琳 |
[48:29] | I’m so, so sorry. | 我非常遗憾 |
[48:33] | Are you? | 是吗 |
[48:35] | Yes, of course. | 当然 |
[48:37] | Edgar was always very decent to me. | 埃德加一直对我不错 |
[48:40] | Well, he always had a weakness for failures. | 他一向同情失败者 |
[48:43] | The assistant chief constable was a golfing friend of Edgar’s. | 助理警察局长是埃德加的高尔夫球友 |
[48:48] | I asked him about you. | 我向他问了你 |
[48:50] | And he said that you’ll never amount to much. | 他说你永远成不了大气 |
[48:53] | You didn’t even pass your sergeant’s exam. | 你甚至连警长考试都没通过 |
[48:58] | You see, I was right about you, even then. | 你看 我那时对你的看法就是对的 |
[49:02] | When you speak to Susan, | 你告诉苏珊的时候 |
[49:03] | then please just give her my condolences. | 请代为转达我的沉痛哀悼 |
[49:06] | And your love. | 还有你的爱 |
[49:13] | I believe you know the stroke case on Fosdick Ward. | 我想你认识福斯迪克病房的中风病人 |
[49:18] | Mr. Bryce-Morgan? | 布莱斯-摩根先生 |
[49:21] | Yes. Why, what about him? | 认识 他怎么了 |
[49:22] | He died. | 他死了 |
[49:24] | Twenty minutes ago. | 20分钟前 |
[49:27] | I thought you’d want to know. | 我想你或许想知道 |
[49:33] | Right. | 好 |
[49:58] | Excuse me, sir. Visiting hours are over. | 不好意思 先生 探视时间结束了 |
[50:03] | Police, what’s your business? | 警察 你来做什么的 |
[50:18] | Jesus Christ’. | 老天爷 |
[50:19] | Get these cuffs off me’. | 给我摘了手铐 |
[50:21] | – Get these cuffs off now’. – Stay here’. | -快给我摘了 -别动 |
[50:23] | Thursday, don’t leave me like this’. | 瑟斯戴 别丢下我 |
[50:31] | Don’t worry, Mr. Bakewell. | 别担心 贝克韦尔先生 |
[50:32] | We’ll look after you. | 我们会照顾你的 |
[51:05] | Go’. | 走 |
[51:06] | Go’. | 走 |
[51:25] | You get the reg? | 你记下车牌了吗 |
[51:32] | Out of town talent, like as not. | 八成是外地来的 |
[51:34] | London? Birmingham? Glasgow? | 伦敦 伯明翰 格拉斯哥 |
[51:37] | Put together an Identikit. | 去做个面相拼图 |
[51:39] | It’s the station. | 是警局 |
[51:42] | Right. | 好 |
[51:49] | Mr. Bright’s been taken sick, Fred says. | 弗莱德说布莱特先生病了 |
[51:52] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[51:53] | Ulcer. | 溃疡 |
[52:00] | Is everything all right? | 一切还好吗 |
[52:06] | She told us not to look for her, but | 她叫我们别找她 |
[52:09] | it’s ten weeks now. | 但这都十周了 |
[52:12] | I just need to know she’s all right. | 我只想知道她没事 |
[52:18] | Did we do something wrong? | 我们做错什么了吗 |
[52:20] | No. | 没有 |
[52:21] | No, no, no, of course not. | 当然没有 |
[52:23] | Then, why? | 那为什么 |
[52:28] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[52:33] | I’m off up. | 我上去了 |
[52:34] | Right. | 好 |
[52:41] | Uniform found the car abandoned in Holywell Street. | 巡警在霍利维街发现了弃车 |
[52:44] | I’ve ordered the guard on Bakewell doubled. | 我已下令派双倍人手守卫贝克韦尔 |
[52:46] | Sentries front and back. | 前后都有人站岗 |
[52:48] | Why, do you think he’ll try again? | 你觉得他们还会再来吗 |
[52:50] | Not if I’ve got anything to do with it. | 有我在就别想 |
[52:59] | Picture ready? | 图像好了吗 |
[53:01] | Yes, sir. | 是 长官 |
[53:03] | Anything else? | 还有什么吗 |
[53:04] | The getaway car was reported stolen in Coventry yesterday afternoon. | 跑路车昨天下午在考文垂上报被盗 |
[53:08] | Wheel and door panels wiped clean according to the fingerprint boys. | 指纹采集说方向盘和车门当然都擦干净了 |
[53:11] | Looks like professionals. | 看来很专业 |
[53:13] | Right. | 好吧 |
[53:15] | Come on. | 来 |
[53:16] | Where’re we going? | 我们去哪 |
[53:17] | I don’t care who they are, they’re not taking liberties. Not here. | 我不管是谁 他们别想在这里胡作非为 |
[53:25] | So what was he in for? Mr. Zacharides? | 他是为何入院 扎克利德斯先生 |
[53:28] | Gall bladder. | 胆囊 |
[53:31] | I didn’t think you’d need a post mortem if you died in hospital. | 我以为死在医院就不需要做尸检了 |
[53:35] | Sir Merlyn insisted. | 默林爵士坚持的 |
[53:38] | Why? | 为什么 |
[53:39] | Operation was a success, | 手术很成功 |
[53:41] | and Mr. Zacharides seemed to be recovering well. | 扎克利德斯先生似乎也在康复 |
[53:45] | Just went in the night. | 但夜里突然离世 |
[53:48] | Who operated on him? | 是谁操刀的 |
[53:50] | The young pretender. | 那个假模假式的年轻人 |
[53:52] | Dr. Powell. | 鲍威尔医生 |
[53:54] | Not a lot of love lost between him and Sir Merlyn. | 他和默林爵士之间没多少好感 |
[53:57] | Word on the wards | 病房里传闻 |
[53:58] | is Powell fancies his job. | 鲍威尔想要他的工作 |
[54:01] | How does Merlyn feel about that? | 默林对此怎么想 |
[54:03] | “Over my dead body” is the phrase | 我首先想到的是 |
[54:05] | that springs most readily to mind. | “除非我死了”这句话 |
[54:10] | Ah, Nurse Hicks, | 希克斯护士 |
[54:11] | just pop them on my desk, please, thank you. | 放在我桌上就行 谢谢 |
[54:29] | Hello, Gil. | 你好 吉尔 |
[54:30] | Somebody tried to do for Terry Bakewell last night. | 昨晚有人企图刺杀泰瑞·贝克韦尔 |
[54:33] | Him. | 是他 |
[54:34] | I wanna know who he is, where he is, | 我要知道他是谁 人在哪 |
[54:36] | and which shitehawk staked the job. | 以及是哪个混蛋雇了他 |
[54:39] | Don’t make me ask you again, Gil. | 别逼我再问一遍 吉尔 |
[54:41] | I haven’t had breakfast. | 我还没吃早饭呢 |
[54:43] | Who is he? | 是谁 |
[54:45] | I don’t know his real name. | 我不知道他的真名 |
[54:49] | They call him Scotch Tam. | 他们只叫他苏格兰帽哥 |
[54:51] | Down from Aberdeen or somewhere. | 阿伯丁还是哪来的 |
[54:54] | But don’t bother looking. | 别去找了 |
[54:56] | You won’t see him again. | 你别想再见到他了 |
[54:57] | How’d he know where to find Bakewell? | 他怎么知道贝克韦尔在哪 |
[55:00] | Some bent screw at Farnleigh. | 法穆利监狱的黑狱警 |
[55:02] | Who put the money down? | 谁拿的钱 |
[55:05] | Whip-round, I should think. | 凑的钱吧 |
[55:07] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[55:10] | I’d get that seen to, if I were you Gil. | 你最好去看看伤 吉尔 |
[55:12] | It looks nasty. | 似乎挺严重 |
[55:20] | So what did you want to talk to me about? | 你有什么事找我谈 |
[55:26] | Is there anything that I should know about Fosdick Ward? | 关于福斯迪克病房 我需要知道什么吗 |
[55:31] | There was a patient called Zacharides | 之前有个病人 扎克利德斯 |
[55:33] | died about six months ago. | 大概六个月前死的 |
[55:34] | His wife thinks some of his things were stolen. | 他妻子认为他的一些物品被偷了 |
[55:37] | I don’t know about thieving, | 偷东西的事我不知道 |
[55:39] | but there’s something not right there. | 但那里确实不对劲 |
[55:43] | Wouldn’t be anything to do with bed ten, would it? | 不会跟10号床有关吧 |
[55:45] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[55:46] | Just something one of the patients said. | 就是一个病人说的话 |
[55:50] | Being put in bed ten is tantamount to a death sentence. | 安排在10号床基本就是判了死刑 |
[55:56] | The mortality rate on Fosdick Ward is more than it should be– | 福斯迪克病房的死亡率超过了正常范围 |
[55:59] | certainly when compared to the rest of the hospital. | 尤其是跟医院其余病房比 |
[56:01] | Patients that had been recovering | 明明在恢复的病人 |
[56:03] | suddenly going downhill. | 突然就急转直下 |
[56:05] | Must be eight or nine have died unexpectedly in the last six months. | 过去六个月里 至少有八九个病人突然死亡 |
[56:10] | And what do you think? | 你怎么想的 |
[56:11] | Don’t quote me, | 别说是我说的 |
[56:12] | but there’s talk Sir Merlyn’s passed it. | 但有人说默林爵士不行了 |
[56:20] | And what do you make of Dr. Powell? | 你怎么看鲍威尔医生 |
[56:22] | Seems nice enough. | 似乎还行 |
[56:24] | All the girls seem to like him. | 姑娘们似乎都喜欢他 |
[56:37] | Are you happy? | 你开心吗 |
[56:41] | What about you? | 你呢 |
[56:47] | Treat the next one better. | 对下一个更好些 |
[57:05] | Good Lord’. What kind of a ward are you running, Sister? | 老天爷 你怎么管理病房的 修女 |
[57:07] | The water in that vase is positively putrid’. | 那花瓶里的水都发臭了 |
[57:09] | Take those flowers away at once. | 快把花拿走 |
[57:11] | At once, Sir Merlyn. | 马上 默林爵士 |
[57:12] | Nurse Bennett’. | 贝内特护士 |
[57:15] | Yes, sister. | 是 修女 |
[57:16] | Get rid of those flowers’. | 快把花扔掉 |
[57:18] | Away with them, now. | 马上拿走 |
[57:21] | Now, then, my good man. | 好了 好伙计 |
[57:22] | Bakewell, isn’t it? | 贝克韦尔 是吗 |
[57:24] | You’ll be under my knife, assisted by Dr. Powell here. | 你由我主刀 鲍威尔医生协助 |
[57:27] | And this is Dr. Kane, | 这是凯恩医生 |
[57:28] | who’ll be in charge of keeping you breathing. Any questions? | 他负责让你保持呼吸 有问题吗 |
[57:31] | Yeah, I wanna change beds. | 有 我想换床 |
[57:34] | You want to what? | 什么 |
[57:35] | You heard me. | 没错 |
[57:37] | All I hear, the life expectancy in this one ain’t too hot. | 我听说 住这个床位的都活不长 |
[57:39] | Remember who you’re talking to. | 注意你是在和谁说话 |
[57:41] | I don’t care who he is. | 我不管他是谁 |
[57:42] | Somebody tried to kill me last night, | 昨晚有人企图杀我 |
[57:45] | and bed ten’s got a bad reputation amongst my fellow inmates. | 而10号床在病友中的名声不好 |
[57:48] | So if it’s all the same to you… | 如果你不介意的话… |
[57:50] | You’re a rogue, sir, and a jailbird. | 你是个流氓 先生 一个囚犯 |
[57:51] | You’ll go where you’re put | 你就待在被安排的地方 |
[57:52] | and be thankful my oath obliges me | 并庆幸我得遵守自己的誓言 |
[57:54] | to treat saint and sinner alike. | 对圣人和罪犯一视同仁 |
[57:56] | Sister. | 修女 |
[57:59] | With the time just coming up to a quarter past 9:00. | 时间快到9:15了 |
[58:03] | You’re listening to… Radio Carillon. | 您正在收听钟琴电台 |
[58:05] | How long have you been at Cowley General, Mr. Fagan? | 你在考利综合医院工作多久了 费根先生 |
[58:09] | About three years doing the radio and running the book trolley. | 大概做了三年 电台和流动图书馆 |
[58:14] | Since the divorce. | 离婚之后就来了 |
[58:18] | And it’s voluntary, you said? | 你说这是志愿工作 对吗 |
[58:20] | Oh yes. | 是的 |
[58:21] | I don’t get paid. | 我没有薪水 |
[58:23] | But my mother was a patient here, rest her soul, | 但我母亲曾是这里的患者 愿她安息 |
[58:26] | and they were so good to her. I just wanted to do something. | 他们对她太好了 我也想做点什么 |
[58:36] | Well, I’ll leave you to it. | 好吧 那你先忙吧 |
[58:43] | Any requests let me know. | 如果想点歌 随时告诉我 |
[58:48] | I forgot, Sister. | 我忘了 修女 |
[58:50] | I know you forgot’. | 我知道你忘了 |
[58:52] | And how do you think that makes me look? | 你知道这让我多难堪吗 |
[58:54] | I know, Sister. I’m sorry. | 我知道 修女 很抱歉 |
[58:57] | Where did they come from? | 它们是哪来的 |
[58:59] | Sister? | 什么 修女 |
[58:59] | The sweet peas, girl. | 香豌豆花 姑娘 |
[59:01] | Who brought them? | 是谁带来的 |
[59:03] | I don’t know, Sister. | 我不知道 修女 |
[59:04] | Did Mr. Bakewell have a visitor? | 有人探视贝克韦尔先生吗 |
[59:06] | I wouldn’t have thought so, Sister. | 应该没有 修女 |
[59:08] | When you asked me to get rid of them, | 你让我丢掉它们时 |
[59:09] | it was the first time I’d seen them. | 我才第一次看到 |
[59:12] | Right, then. About your work. | 那好 去工作吧 |
[59:14] | Mr. Dunn needs a bed bath and a full linen change. | 邓恩先生需要擦澡还有换床单 |
[59:17] | Quickly, now. | 动作快点 |
[59:21] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[59:22] | I imagine you’ll think that was a bit harsh. | 你大概觉得我有点严苛了 |
[59:26] | But discipline in a hospital is a matter of life and death. | 但在医院里 纪律关乎生死 |
[59:29] | Yes, I’m sure. | 那是当然 |
[59:30] | Do you have a moment? I’d like a quick word. | 你有空吗 我想简短聊两句 |
[59:32] | There’s a small amount of petty pilfering goes on in any hospital. | 任何医院都会存在些小偷小摸 |
[59:36] | Patients steal from other patients. | 病人会偷其他病人的东西 |
[59:40] | A sad fact, but there it is. | 可悲 但确实存在 |
[59:43] | Yes, but what about Mrs. Zacharides? | 但扎克利德斯太太的指控呢 |
[59:45] | The hospital conducted a thorough inquiry, | 医院进行了彻底的调查 |
[59:47] | and found she was mistaken in her allegations. | 发现她的指控是错误的 |
[59:52] | Are you busy, Clo? | 你在忙吗 克洛 |
[59:54] | The officer was just asking about Mrs. Zacharides. | 警官在问我扎克利德斯太太的事 |
[59:57] | Oh yes? Uh… what about her. | 是吗 问她什么事 |
[1:00:00] | She was found dead yesterday. | 她昨天被发现死了 |
[1:00:04] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[1:00:05] | Well, I am sorry to hear that. | 我很遗憾 |
[1:00:06] | According to her daughter, she received a letter from the hospital. | 据她女儿说 她收到了一封医院寄去的信 |
[1:00:09] | Somebody was set to visit her Friday. | 有人约好周五去拜访她 |
[1:00:11] | The day she died. | 她死的那天 |
[1:00:13] | May I see it? | 我能看看信吗 |
[1:00:14] | I’m afraid the letter is missing. | 恐怕那封信已经不见了 |
[1:00:16] | I have to say, that sounds very unlikely. | 我得说 这听上去不太可能 |
[1:00:19] | Wouldn’t you say, Doctor? | 你说呢 医生 |
[1:00:21] | Oh. Certainly, yes. | 当然 是的 |
[1:00:22] | As far as we were concerned, the matter was closed. | 据我们所知 这事已经结束了 |
[1:00:26] | Much as one hates to speak ill of the dead, | 尽管说死者坏话不好 |
[1:00:29] | she’d become something of a nuisance– | 但她有点招人烦了 |
[1:00:31] | coming onto the ward, pestering the staff, making accusations. | 跑来病房 纠缠医护人员 胡乱指控 |
[1:00:36] | In the end, I’m afraid we had to threaten her with the police. | 最后 我们不得不威胁她要报警 |
[1:00:40] | Oh, excuse me. | 失陪了 |
[1:00:44] | Do you remember a Mr. Zacharides? | 你记得一位扎克利德斯先生吗 |
[1:00:48] | Yes. | 记得 |
[1:00:51] | I was very sorry to lose him. | 他死了我很遗憾 |
[1:00:54] | One tries to maintain a sense of detachment, but | 我们尽量不去投入任何情感 |
[1:00:58] | it’s not always easy. | 但有时也难以克制 |
[1:01:00] | Bed ten, wasn’t he? | 他住10号床 对吗 |
[1:01:05] | Where’s that come from? | 你听谁说的 |
[1:01:06] | Mr. Talbot? | 塔伯特先生吗 |
[1:01:10] | It might have a slightly higher than average death rate, but | 虽然死亡率是高了一点 |
[1:01:13] | it’s not cursed or anything. | 但那个床位没有被诅咒 |
[1:01:15] | It just tends to be the less well patients end up in it. | 只是刚好住的都是健康情况较差的病人 |
[1:01:18] | His wife is of the opinion, | 他妻子觉得 |
[1:01:19] | that some of his things have gone missing. | 他的一些东西不见了 |
[1:01:22] | By not one of the nurses, surely. | 肯定不是护士拿的 |
[1:01:25] | Heaven knows we don’t get paid much, but | 天知道我们薪水不高 |
[1:01:27] | one doesn’t go into nursing for the money. | 但没人是为了钱才选择做护士的 |
[1:01:30] | It’s a calling, I suppose. | 大概是种使命吧 |
[1:01:32] | Yes, if you like. | 是啊 可以这么说 |
[1:01:36] | And policing? | 那当警察呢 |
[1:01:37] | What’s that? | 算是什么呢 |
[1:01:39] | A failing. | 不如人意 |
[1:02:25] | I’ll get on to that, right away, sir. | 我马上去办 长官 |
[1:02:29] | Course, sir. | 当然 长官 |
[1:02:30] | Yes, sir. | 是 长官 |
[1:02:32] | No, sir. | 不 长官 |
[1:02:35] | Three bags full, sir. | 您说是啥就是啥 长官 |
[1:02:38] | How you getting on? | 你还好吗 |
[1:02:41] | Drink? | 喝一杯吗 |
[1:02:42] | Please. | 好 |
[1:02:43] | Glass over there. | 杯子在那儿 |
[1:02:53] | That sudden out at Northway. | 那个诺思威的猝死案 |
[1:02:55] | Mrs. Zacharides. | 扎克利德斯太太 |
[1:02:57] | According to her daughter, | 据她女儿说 |
[1:02:58] | she was in dispute with Cowley General | 她和考利综合医院有纠纷 |
[1:03:00] | over some of her late husband’s property which wasn’t returned to her. | 原因是 她已故丈夫的部分财产下落不明 |
[1:03:04] | She thought someone was on the nick up at the hospital? | 她认为医院有人偷东西 |
[1:03:06] | That’s about the size of it. | 差不多是这样 |
[1:03:07] | Staff or public? | 医院员工还是民众 |
[1:03:08] | Impossible to say, she’d become something of a nuisance. | 不好说 她变得有些招人烦了 |
[1:03:12] | The hospital deny any impropriety, naturally, | 医院自然否认有任何不当行为 |
[1:03:14] | and as far as they’re concerned the matter was closed. | 而且在他们看来 此事已经结束 |
[1:03:19] | So? | 然后呢 |
[1:03:21] | Well, according to the daughter, | 据她女儿说 |
[1:03:22] | she received a letter from the hospital. | 她收到了一封医院寄去的信 |
[1:03:24] | Someone said they’d visit her on the day she died. | 有人说会在她死的那天去她家拜访 |
[1:03:26] | Why would the hospital do that if it was done and dusted? | 如果事情已经结束 医院为什么还要去找她 |
[1:03:29] | One other thing. | 还有一件事 |
[1:03:30] | Mr. Zacharides died in | 扎克利德斯先生就是在 |
[1:03:32] | bed ten on Fosdick Ward. | 福斯迪克病房的10号床去世 |
[1:03:34] | Now, I know it sounds ridiculous | 我知道这听起来很荒谬 |
[1:03:35] | but it has something of a dark reputation amongst its patients. | 但那个床位被病患视为不吉利 |
[1:03:39] | What? | 什么 |
[1:03:40] | Well, it does have a slightly higher than average mortality rate. | 那个床位死亡率比平均要高 |
[1:03:43] | Patients on the mend taking a turn for the worse. | 好转的病人 病情会突然恶化 |
[1:03:47] | I’d like to look into it. | 我想深入调查一下 |
[1:03:51] | Pursue inquiries as you see fit. | 你想查就查吧 |
[1:03:54] | There. | 看吧 |
[1:03:55] | That’s one decent decision I’ve made today. | 我今天可算做了个明智的决定 |
[1:04:01] | Anything else? | 还有什么事吗 |
[1:04:15] | Doctor? | 医生 |
[1:04:16] | I won’t have student nurses bullied. | 我不希望有护士生被欺负 |
[1:04:20] | Any particular student nurse you had in mind, doctor? | 你是指某个特定的护士生吗 医生 |
[1:04:23] | Just knock it off, Clo. | 你就打住吧 克洛 |
[1:04:26] | Dean? | 迪恩 |
[1:04:29] | Someone knows. | 有人知道了 |
[1:04:37] | Home. | 我回来了 |
[1:04:43] | I’m home. | 我回来了 |
[1:05:02] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[1:05:05] | Win? | 温 |
[1:05:11] | Love of God. | 上帝啊 |
[1:05:17] | Winifred. | 温妮弗雷德 |
[1:05:20] | I went to see Dr. Moody today. | 我今天去见穆迪医生了 |
[1:05:29] | For what? | 怎么了 |
[1:05:31] | Nerves. | 神经紧张 |
[1:05:35] | Not sleeping. | 无法入睡 |
[1:05:38] | I just don’t feel myself, Fred. | 我变得不像自己了 弗莱德 |
[1:05:41] | What’s that mean? | 什么意思 |
[1:05:46] | You just need something to | 你只是需要点什么 |
[1:05:49] | take you out of yourself that’s all. | 让你换换心情 |
[1:05:56] | Why don’t you go and spend the week at Rene’s? | 不如你去瑞妮家住一周 |
[1:06:00] | I just don’t want to go outside the house. | 我就是不想出家门 |
[1:06:05] | I get frightened. | 我害怕 |
[1:06:11] | Of what? | 害怕什么 |
[1:06:12] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:06:15] | It’s just like that lately. | 我最近总是这样 |
[1:06:19] | I get very nervous. | 我会很紧张 |
[1:06:24] | I’d do anything for you. You know that. | 你知道我愿意为你做任何事 |
[1:06:29] | But, | 但是… |
[1:06:32] | I can’t fix a thing if I… I don’t know what it is I’m… | 但我无法去补救我不明白 |
[1:06:35] | I’m trying to fix. | 哪里不对的东西 |
[1:06:40] | What can I do? | 我能做什么 |
[1:06:45] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:07:00] | Leave the window for me. | 为我留扇窗 |
[1:07:03] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪 |
[1:07:04] | As if I didn’t know. | 你不说我也猜得到 |
[1:07:07] | You won’t tell? | 你不会告状吧 |
[1:07:08] | I should. | 我应该去告 |
[1:07:10] | But no, you’re all right. | 但我不会的 你放心 |
[1:07:12] | For god sake don’t let Sister catch you. | 千万别让修女抓到你 |
[1:07:14] | Wicked old cow. | 坏老巫婆 |
[1:07:16] | Look, I know she seems a bit fuddy duddy by today’s standards, but | 我知道以现在的标准看 她是有些守旧 |
[1:07:20] | are you sure you really know what you’re doing? | 但你确定你心里真有数吗 |
[1:07:24] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[1:07:25] | Doctors and nurses. | 医生和护士谈恋爱 |
[1:07:27] | It all seems lovely in some silly paperback, but | 在愚蠢的言情小说里看着挺好 |
[1:07:30] | in real life these things can go awfully wrong. | 但现实生活里这种事会惹出大麻烦 |
[1:07:32] | It’s just a bit of fun. | 只是玩玩而已 |
[1:07:35] | If that’s your idea of fun. | 如果你把这叫”玩” |
[1:07:39] | I’m being careful, Jo. | 我很小心 乔 |
[1:07:41] | I should hope so. | 希望如此 |
[1:08:03] | Not too long out of bed, Mr. Talbot. | 别下床太久 塔伯特先生 |
[1:08:09] | How you feeling? | 你感觉怎样 |
[1:08:11] | I’ve brung you a few grapes seeing as you’ve had no visitors. | 我看没人来探视你 所以给你拿了点葡萄 |
[1:08:15] | So you’re public enemy number one, then, is it? | 你是头号公敌 是吗 |
[1:08:20] | All right, don’t get your bowels in an uproar. | 好吧 不用这么激动 |
[1:08:23] | I’ve had a… I’ve had the odd run in with the law in my time. | 我这辈子也犯过一两次罪 |
[1:08:28] | – Is that right? – Yeah. | -是吗 -是的 |
[1:08:30] | When I was a boy. | 年轻时的事 |
[1:08:31] | Nothing in your league, I don’t suppose. | 肯定不能和你的经历比 |
[1:08:35] | So, uh, what’s your line, then? | 你犯了什么罪 |
[1:08:42] | Murder. | 杀人 |
[1:08:46] | I get this uncontrollable urge to kill nosy parkers. | 我有控制不住的冲动想杀爱管闲事的人 |
[1:08:51] | Ta for the grapes. | 谢谢你的葡萄 |
[1:09:43] | No Morse? | 摩斯不在吗 |
[1:09:45] | Day’s leave, sir. | 请假了 长官 |
[1:09:46] | He asked if he could borrow the car; I said it was all right. | 他问能不能借车 我说没问题 |
[1:09:49] | Family, is it, or something? | 家事吗 还是什么 |
[1:09:51] | Didn’t say, sir. | 他没说 长官 |
[1:09:52] | Anything more on this gunman? | 持枪歹徒查到了吗 |
[1:09:55] | Thomas Fraser, sir. | 是托马斯·弗莱泽 长官 |
[1:09:57] | Been in Glasgow the last few years. | 前些年一直在格拉斯哥 |
[1:09:59] | Frequent guest of Her Majesty at Barlinnie. | 巴连尼监狱常客 |
[1:10:02] | Suspected of involvement in several gangland killings up there. | 被怀疑跟那边好几起黑帮杀人案有关 |
[1:10:05] | Gun for hire. | 雇佣杀手 |
[1:10:07] | Stick out like a sore thumb in this neck of the woods | 按说在这里应该很显眼 |
[1:10:08] | I would’ve thought. | 不是吗 |
[1:10:09] | So why haven’t we found him? | 那我们怎么还没找到他 |
[1:10:58] | Hello, sir, Detective Constable Morse. | 你好 先生 摩斯警员 |
[1:11:00] | Oxford City Police, Mister…? | 牛津市警局 先生是… |
[1:11:02] | Booth. | 布斯 |
[1:11:04] | Have you seen this lady? | 你见过这位女士吗 |
[1:11:12] | She’s not in any trouble. | 她没惹麻烦 |
[1:11:16] | 54. | 54号 |
[1:11:30] | Morse. | 摩斯 |
[1:11:32] | Miss Thursday. | 瑟斯戴小姐 |
[1:11:36] | I had a reverse charges call from Leamington. | 我收到了一通利明顿的对方付费电话 |
[1:11:40] | Well, it wasn’t me. | 可不是我 |
[1:11:46] | Right. | 好吧 |
[1:11:49] | Well, I just wanted to see how you were. | 我就想看看你怎么样了 |
[1:11:56] | I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[1:12:06] | What are you doing with yourself? | 你都干什么呢 |
[1:12:12] | Doing with myself? | 干什么 |
[1:12:15] | For money and… | 怎么挣钱… |
[1:12:17] | I told you, I’m all right. | 我说了 我挺好 |
[1:12:19] | Yeah, I see. | 我看出来了 |
[1:12:21] | And, uh, what about you? | 那你呢 |
[1:12:26] | Me? | 我吗 |
[1:12:29] | Oh just-just-just work. | 就是工作 |
[1:12:36] | Can I get you a drink? | 你要喝点什么吗 |
[1:12:38] | Yes. | 好 |
[1:12:39] | Uh, but actually just a squash. | 就喝果汁吧 |
[1:12:43] | I’ve got the car. | 我还开车 |
[1:13:05] | No. | 不 |
[1:13:08] | I appreciate that, sir, I just felt that | 我理解 长官 我就是觉得 |
[1:13:10] | apprehending whoever attempted to murder Terence Bakewell | 抓捕企图刺杀泰伦斯·贝克韦尔的人 |
[1:13:13] | had priority over discussing traffic congestion with Councilor Rooney. | 要比跟鲁尼市议员讨论交通拥堵更要紧 |
[1:13:17] | That’s why I was out of the office. | 所以我才没在办公室 |
[1:13:24] | Yes, sir. | 是 长官 |
[1:13:26] | I’ll talk to the town planning department this afternoon. | 我今天下午就跟城镇规划部谈 |
[1:13:31] | Course, sir. | 当然 长官 |
[1:13:35] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢 长官 |
[1:14:12] | Why would Nurse Bennett | 为什么贝内特护士 |
[1:14:13] | think our arresting Dr. Powell was your fault? | 觉得我们逮捕鲍威尔医生是你的错 |
[1:14:17] | Who knows? | 谁知道呢 |
[1:14:19] | The girl’s head is full of fancies. | 那女孩成天胡思乱想 |
[1:14:21] | Is there anything between them? | 他们之间有什么关系吗 |
[1:14:24] | I’m sure I don’t know. | 我怎么知道 |
[1:14:26] | You were with him at Long Hampton, yes? | 你不是和他一起在朗汉普顿医院吗 |
[1:14:29] | Only very briefly. | 只有很短的一段时间 |
[1:14:32] | But it was your testimony | 但是你的证词 |
[1:14:33] | that cleared him in the case of Molly Keenan. | 洗清了他在茉莉·基南一事中的嫌疑 |
[1:14:35] | I didn’t “clear” him. | 我没”洗清”他 |
[1:14:38] | He was innocent. | 他本就是清白的 |
[1:14:40] | It was a young student nurse was to blame. | 是一个年轻的护士生的错 |
[1:14:43] | He wasn’t guilty then, | 当年就不是他的错 |
[1:14:44] | and I can’t believe he’s guilty now. | 我现在也不能相信是他的错 |
[1:14:46] | Can’t or won’t? | 不能相信还是不愿意相信 |
[1:14:53] | You shouldn’t. | 你不该在乎 |
[1:14:56] | You know, | 你知道 |
[1:14:59] | I thought… | 我曾以为 |
[1:15:04] | I thought for a minute… | 我曾有那么一刻以为 |
[1:15:09] | Nearly. | 差点吧 |
[1:15:13] | Bugger this. | 去他的 |
[1:15:18] | I’d sooner that you didn’t tell Mum and Dad that you’d seen me. | 我更希望你别告诉爸爸妈妈你见到我了 |
[1:15:22] | You should get in touch. | 你该跟他们联络 |
[1:15:24] | Or drop them a line. | 至少给他们点消息 |
[1:15:25] | Or something. | 什么的 |
[1:15:28] | And say what? | 说什么呢 |
[1:15:30] | Just let them know that you’re all right. | 就告诉他们你没事 |
[1:15:35] | It’s the right thing to do. | 这是正确的做法 |
[1:15:39] | Oh, the right thing. | 正确的做法 |
[1:15:42] | I’ve always done the right thing. For all the good it’s done. | 我一直都做正确的事 有什么好处呢 |
[1:15:45] | What happened at the bank was nothing to do with you. | 银行的事跟你无关 |
[1:15:47] | It’s not your fault that Ronny Gidderton died. | 罗尼·基德顿的死不能怪你 |
[1:15:51] | You know that’s not true. | 你知道那不是真的 |
[1:15:53] | If I hadn’t got mixed up with that… | 要不是我搭上了那个… |
[1:15:58] | The daughter of a police inspector. | 警察督察的女儿 |
[1:16:03] | All those times you walked me home. | 你那么多次送我回家 |
[1:16:06] | The perfect gentleman. | 完美绅士 |
[1:16:07] | You never tried it on. Not once. | 你从未有过非分之举 |
[1:16:17] | It’s funny how things turn out. | 事情变成这样真有趣 |
[1:16:25] | It can turn out how you want it to. | 可以变成你希望的样子 |
[1:16:39] | You should… you should probably go. | 你还是走吧 |
[1:16:59] | It bears the hospital letterhead, | 有医院的信头 |
[1:17:00] | but we’ve no Dr. Keenan here. | 但这里没有基南医生 |
[1:17:03] | Nor have we in the 20 years I’ve been here. | 我在这里工作20年 从没有过 |
[1:17:06] | Well, whoever sent it seems to have a good knowledge of | 但寄信人似乎很了解扎克利德斯太太 |
[1:17:09] | Mrs. Zacharides’ dispute with the hospital. | 跟医院的纠纷 |
[1:17:12] | As may be. | 或许吧 |
[1:17:12] | But it did not come from within Cowley General. | 但这不是考利综合医院寄出的 |
[1:17:18] | You all right, sir? | 你没事吧 先生 |
[1:17:19] | It’s nothing. | 没事 |
[1:17:20] | Overwork. | 过劳 |
[1:17:21] | I’m due a holiday. | 我早该放假了 |
[1:17:24] | Your hands would shake too if you had my lists. | 如果你像我一样繁忙 你的手也会抖 |
[1:17:30] | Well, it doesn’t matter now. | 现在无所谓了 |
[1:17:32] | ‘Cause I’m not coming back. | 因为我不会回去的 |
[1:17:40] | Why? | 为什么 |
[1:17:42] | Wh-what will you do? | 你要做什么 |
[1:17:44] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:17:48] | Go abroad? | 出国吗 |
[1:17:50] | I don’t care. | 我不在乎 |
[1:17:52] | I do. | 我在乎 |
[1:18:02] | How’s Nurse Bennett? | 贝内特护士怎么样了 |
[1:18:03] | She’ll be fine. | 她不会有事的 |
[1:18:06] | Is there’s something between her and Dr. Powell? | 她和鲍威尔医生之间有什么吗 |
[1:18:09] | It happens. | 这难免的 |
[1:18:12] | It’s not Daisy’s fault. | 这不怪黛茜 |
[1:18:15] | It’s no fault in love, surely. | 爱哪里有错 |
[1:18:17] | Provided nobody else gets hurt. | 如果没有别人受伤的话 |
[1:18:19] | Has somebody been hurt? | 有人受伤了吗 |
[1:18:21] | Not in this instance, no. | 这次没有 |
[1:18:25] | He even tried it on with me. | 他还泡过我 |
[1:18:27] | Dr. Powell did? | 鲍威尔医生吗 |
[1:18:30] | You weren’t interested? | 你不感兴趣吗 |
[1:18:32] | You can’t rely on a man like that. | 那样的男人不可靠 |
[1:18:37] | It’s what’s inside that counts, isn’t it? | 内在才重要 是吧 |
[1:18:42] | Always. | 当然 |
[1:19:19] | I found this in Powell’s office. | 我在鲍威尔办公室发现了这个 |
[1:19:21] | Mr. Zacharides’ tie pin? | 扎克利德斯先生的领带夹 |
[1:19:23] | It matches the description his daughter gave. | 符合他女儿给出的描述 |
[1:19:25] | Souvenir or…? | 纪念品吗 |
[1:19:28] | I also found these at his flat. | 我还在他公寓发现了这些 |
[1:19:30] | On top of the wardrobe. | 在衣柜顶上 |
[1:19:31] | He was involved with Sister MacMahon | 当年他在朗汉普顿 |
[1:19:33] | when he was a houseman at Long Hampton. | 做实习医生时跟麦克莫翰修女有染 |
[1:19:35] | He’s kept some of her love letters– | 他留了一些她的情书 |
[1:19:36] | together with some clippings about the Keenan case. | 跟一些基南案的剪报放在一起 |
[1:19:39] | – You think that’s a bearing? – It’s worth considering. | -你觉得这是线索吗 -值得考虑 |
[1:19:41] | He’s now seeing that student nurse, | 他现在在约会那个护士生 |
[1:19:43] | Daisy Bennett. | 黛茜·贝内特 |
[1:19:44] | Can’t have been easy for Sister MacMahon knowing that. | 麦克莫翰修女知道了肯定很难受 |
[1:19:47] | What about this? | 这个呢 |
[1:19:49] | Brace him for round two. | 再审他 |
[1:19:52] | See if there’s anything else in there we can put to him. | 看里面是否还有我们能拿来审他的 |
[1:20:10] | He’s sleeping. | 他睡了 |
[1:20:12] | Probably for the best. | 可能也好 |
[1:21:29] | I’ve told you already, it’s not mine. | 我说了 不是我的 |
[1:21:32] | No, doctor. | 对 医生 |
[1:21:33] | It belonged to Mr. Zacharides. | 这是扎克利德斯先生的 |
[1:21:36] | Have you any explanation how it came to be found in your office? | 你是否能解释 它怎么会在你办公室里 |
[1:21:39] | Someone must have put it there. | 肯定是有人放那儿的 |
[1:21:46] | Why wasn’t Sister MacMahon on the ward | 茉莉·基南死的那晚 麦克莫翰修女 |
[1:21:48] | the night Molly Keenan died? | 怎么没在病房里 |
[1:21:50] | – What? – You heard. | -什么 -你没听错 |
[1:21:52] | A young girl gave evidence to the inquest. | 有个小姑娘在死因调查上作了证 |
[1:21:54] | Molly Keenan’s cousin, Jo-Beth Keenan. | 茉莉·基南的堂姐 乔-贝丝·基南 |
[1:21:56] | When she realized her cousin was gravely ill, | 当她意识到她堂妹情况不对 |
[1:21:58] | as a result of the insulin that you gave her, | 那是因为你给她注射的胰岛素 |
[1:22:00] | she called the night bell for assistance, | 她按了夜铃寻求帮助 |
[1:22:02] | only nobody came. Why? | 但没人回应 为什么 |
[1:22:05] | Why didn’t you respond, doctor? | 你怎么没回应 医生 |
[1:22:06] | Was it because you and Nurse MacMahon | 是因为你和麦克莫翰护士 |
[1:22:08] | had other more pressing things on your mind? | 当时还有更要紧的事吗 |
[1:22:09] | That’s because, cause Clodagh switched it off. | 那是因为克洛达关掉了呼叫机 |
[1:22:14] | It was just half an hour. | 就半小时 |
[1:22:15] | It might only have been half an hour, | 或许只是半小时 |
[1:22:17] | but that was long enough | 但却足以导致 |
[1:22:18] | for Molly Keenan to die of hypoglycemia. | 茉莉·基南死于低血糖症 |
[1:22:20] | I made a-a terrible, terrible mistake. | 我犯了个天大的错误 |
[1:22:25] | And a child died. | 一个孩子因此而死 |
[1:22:27] | And it will… it will never be enough to make it right, | 这我永远无法弥补 |
[1:22:30] | but God knows I have paid for it. | 但天知道我为此付出了代价 |
[1:22:32] | You paid for nothing. | 你没付出任何代价 |
[1:22:33] | You passed the buck to an innocent student nurse. | 你把责任推给了一个无辜的护士生 |
[1:22:35] | And she killed herself. | 她自杀了 |
[1:22:37] | That’s two deaths on your head, doctor. | 你害死了两个人 医生 |
[1:22:39] | We couldn’t have known she’d do that. | 我们怎么知道她会那么做 |
[1:22:41] | “We”? You mean you and Clodagh? | “我们” 你和克洛达吗 |
[1:22:43] | You probably don’t remember Molly Keenan’s cousin at all, do you? | 你都不记得茉莉·基南的那位堂姐了吧 |
[1:22:46] | The young girl who rang the bell for help, but nobody came. | 那个按铃求助 却没等来救援的姑娘 |
[1:22:49] | – No. – No. | -不 -是啊 |
[1:22:51] | Well, she remembers you. | 她记得你 |
[1:22:53] | Both of you. | 你们俩 |
[1:23:12] | Has Mr. Bright had an injection? | 布莱特先生接受过注射吗 |
[1:23:16] | No. No, not while I’ve been here. | 没 我在时没有 |
[1:23:31] | Everything all right, Sister? | 一切都好吗 修女 |
[1:23:35] | Quite all right. | 没事 |
[1:24:11] | Excuse me, Miss. | 不好意思 小姐 |
[1:24:11] | We’re looking for Nurse Mills? | 我们找米尔斯护士 |
[1:24:13] | Jo’s on night shift. | 乔在值夜班 |
[1:24:15] | Well, she’s not on the ward. | 她没在病房 |
[1:24:17] | Have you checked the chapel? | 你们去小礼拜堂看过吗 |
[1:24:46] | It’s you. | 是你 |
[1:24:51] | Dr. Powell’s not coming back. | 鲍威尔医生回不来了 |
[1:24:55] | You can’t cover up for him this time. | 你这次别想替他掩盖了 |
[1:24:59] | It’s all going to come out now. All of it. | 一切都将大白于天下了 |
[1:25:01] | How the… how the pair of you left a child to die, | 你俩怎样任一个孩子死去 |
[1:25:07] | and you… | 还有你 |
[1:25:09] | you protected him. | 你保护了他 |
[1:25:14] | Why? | 为什么 |
[1:25:18] | I loved him. | 我那时爱他 |
[1:25:23] | How can you go on living knowing what you’ve done? | 你怎么能带着那样的罪孽活下去 |
[1:25:30] | If it were me, | 如果是我 |
[1:25:32] | I’d… | 我会… |
[1:25:35] | I’d kill myself. | 我会自杀 |
[1:25:57] | Break it down. | 撞开 |
[1:26:10] | – Get her out of here. – Come on, Sister. | -把她带走 -来 修女 |
[1:26:14] | Let’s go. | 走 |
[1:26:16] | – Don’t. – All right. All right. | -别过来 -好好 |
[1:26:22] | Ten victims for bed ten. | 10号床10名受害人 |
[1:26:26] | That was Molly’s bed, wasn’t it, bed ten? | 那是茉莉的病床 是吧 10号床 |
[1:26:31] | Measles, we were in for. | 我们因为麻疹入院 |
[1:26:35] | When Molly started to get sick, | 茉莉开始不对劲时 |
[1:26:36] | I rang on the bell. | 我按铃了 |
[1:26:40] | It rang and it rang, but nobody came. | 我拼命按铃 可是没人来 |
[1:26:59] | By the time I got them back onto the ward | 等我带他们回到病房 |
[1:27:00] | it was too late for Molly. | 茉莉已经来不及了 |
[1:27:04] | She was my cousin. | 她是我堂妹 |
[1:27:08] | And the truth is I forgot about them. | 其实 我都忘记他们了 |
[1:27:11] | I forgot, but I never forgave them. | 我忘记了自己从未原谅过他们 |
[1:27:14] | And then fate delivered them into your hands. | 然后命运让他们落入了你手中 |
[1:27:19] | They had to pay. | 他们必须付出代价 |
[1:27:20] | Molly was a child. | 茉莉还是个孩子 |
[1:27:21] | And they took away her future. | 但他们夺走了她的未来 |
[1:27:24] | And what about Mrs. Zacharides? | 那扎克利德斯太太呢 |
[1:27:29] | Her husband was the first. | 她丈夫是第一个 |
[1:27:32] | Only she wouldn’t leave it alone. | 但她不肯放手 |
[1:27:35] | You see it was… it was too early. | 那时还太早 |
[1:27:37] | I needed to have more people to lay at Powell’s door, | 我得让鲍威尔背负更多人命 |
[1:27:39] | otherwise they could have brushed under the carpet, | 否则他们可以掩盖过去 |
[1:27:41] | the way they did with Molly. | 就像茉莉那样 |
[1:27:43] | So you… so you wrote the letter… | 所以你就写了那封信 |
[1:27:47] | pretending to be from the hospital. | 假冒医院的名义 |
[1:27:49] | Went to the house. | 然后去了她家 |
[1:27:51] | And then when the opportunity arose you killed her. | 等机会出现 你就杀了她 |
[1:28:33] | Evil old cow’. | 老巫婆 |
[1:28:36] | Evil old cow’. | 老巫婆 |
[1:28:38] | You killed all those people, | 你杀了那么多人 |
[1:28:40] | just to frame Dr. Powell? | 就为了陷害鲍威尔医生 |
[1:28:43] | They were sick already’. | 他们本就病了 |
[1:28:46] | It was a-a kindness. | 那是仁慈 |
[1:28:49] | Mrs. Zacharides wasn’t ill. | 扎克利德斯太太可没病 |
[1:28:51] | Was she? | 是吧 |
[1:28:54] | Just inconvenient. | 只是碍事了 |
[1:29:01] | You said there were ten, | 你说有10名 |
[1:29:03] | I can only count nine. Who’s the tenth? | 目前只有9名 第10名是谁 |
[1:29:05] | Who is it? | 是谁 |
[1:29:08] | I didn’t know you were going to arrest Dr. Powell. | 我不知道你要逮捕鲍威尔医生 |
[1:29:11] | I thought if a policeman died, | 我以为如果死个警察 |
[1:29:12] | you’d… you’d have to take notice. | 你们就肯定会注意了 |
[1:29:16] | Mr. Bright. | 布莱特先生 |
[1:29:29] | Sir. | 长官 |
[1:29:31] | Sir’. | 长官 |
[1:29:33] | Sir’. | 长官 |
[1:29:36] | There’s insulin in the saline. | 盐水里有胰岛素 |
[1:29:37] | I’ll fetch a doctor. | 我去叫医生 |
[1:29:39] | Stay awake, sir’. | 保持清醒 长官 |
[1:29:40] | You’ve got to stay awake, sir’. | 你得保持清醒 长官 |
[1:29:43] | Stay awake’. | 保持清醒 |
[1:29:58] | Nick of time, according to Dr. DeBryn. | 就差一点 德布林医生说 |
[1:30:03] | Much more of it, he’d have been a goner. | 再多打进去一点 他就救不回来了 |
[1:30:07] | We were lucky she came clean. | 幸好她坦白了 |
[1:30:12] | Why did she, do you think? | 她为什么要坦白呢 |
[1:30:16] | Maybe she needed to prove to herself she wasn’t wholly lost. | 或许她需要向自己证明 她没完全迷失 |
[1:30:19] | Well, she’ll never breathe free air again. | 她再别想呼吸自由空气了 |
[1:30:22] | Nor should she. | 她也不配 |
[1:30:25] | People shouldn’t get away with things. | 人不该逃脱罪责 |
[1:30:26] | She had that right, at least. | 这她没说错 |
[1:30:30] | But that’s our business, and nobody else’s. | 但那是我们的事 不是别人的 |
[1:30:38] | Hell of a price to pay. | 好大的代价 |
[1:30:42] | It was the dead that paid the price. | 是死者付出了代价 |
[1:30:45] | Not her. | 不是她 |
[1:30:53] | Hell of a responsibility though. | 好大的责任 |
[1:30:56] | The power of life and death. | 掌控生死的权力 |
[1:31:01] | Well, you’ve power over ham and tomato. | 你有掌控西红柿火腿的权力 |
[1:31:09] | I don’t even know what I’ve stuck in it today. | 我都不知道我今天放了什么 |
[1:31:15] | Tell me to mind my own business, sir, | 叫我别管闲事 长官 |
[1:31:17] | but is everything all right? | 但一切还好吗 |
[1:31:20] | With Mrs. Thursday? | 瑟斯戴太太 |
[1:31:28] | Nothing that Joan walking through the door | 只要琼回家 |
[1:31:29] | wouldn’t put right. | 一切都能好起来 |
[1:31:34] | She misses her, that’s all. | 她就是想她了 |
[1:31:40] | Suppose we all do. | 我们都想吧 |
[1:31:47] | You think she’ll come back? | 你觉得她会回来吗 |
[1:31:55] | …on earth as it is in heaven. | …行在地上如同行在天上 |
[1:31:57] | Give us this day our daily bread; | 我们日用的饮食 今日赐给我们 |
[1:32:00] | and forgive us our trespasses | 免我们的债 |
[1:32:02] | as we forgive those who trespass against us, | 如同我们免了人的债 |
[1:32:05] | and lead us not into temptation, | 不叫我们遇见试探 |
[1:32:07] | but deliver us from evil. | 救我们脱离凶恶 |
[1:32:09] | For thine is the kingdom | 因为国度 权柄 |
[1:32:11] | and the power and the glory | 荣耀 全是你的 |
[1:32:13] | forever and ever. | 直到永远 |
[1:32:15] | Amen. | 阿门 |