| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [01:02] | In what appears to be a surprise attack, | 在今早黎明时分的 | 
| [01:04] | in the early hours of this morning, | 一场突然袭击中 | 
| [01:05] | Egyptian airfields came under | 埃及机场遭到了 | 
| [01:07] | heavy bombardment from Israeli war planes. | 以色列战机的猛烈轰炸 | 
| [01:09] | There are further reports of fighting | 之后又传来报道称 | 
| [01:11] | between Israeli and Egyptian troops around the town of Rafa. | 拉法镇附近发生了进一步以埃冲突 | 
| [02:23] | El abuelo. | 祖父 | 
| [02:24] | El abuelo. | 祖父 | 
| [02:25] | La abuela. | 祖母 | 
| [02:26] | La abuela. | 祖母 | 
| [02:28] | El nieto. | 孙子 | 
| [02:29] | El nieto. | 孙子 | 
| [02:30] | La tía. | 阿姨 | 
| [02:32] | La tía. | 阿姨 | 
| [02:33] | El sobrino. | 侄子 | 
| [02:35] | El sobrino. | 侄子 | 
| [02:36] | La sobrina. | 侄女 | 
| [02:38] | La sobrina. | 侄女 | 
| [02:39] | Okay, Philip. | 菲利普 | 
| [02:42] | ¿Cómo se llama tu madre? | 你妈妈叫什么名字 | 
| [02:47] | Call for Miss Hjort. | 赫约特小姐有电话找 | 
| [02:49] | The telephone’s for school business, | 电话是学校办公用的 | 
| [02:51] | not private calls. | 不是打私人电话的 | 
| [03:43] | Where’s Ingrid? | 英格丽呢 | 
| [03:45] | She forgot something. | 她落东西了 | 
| [04:13] | – Morning. – Sam. | -早上好 -萨姆 | 
| [04:15] | Oh, what’s burning? | 什么东西烧焦了 | 
| [04:16] | Breakfast. | 早饭 | 
| [04:18] | The sooner Mom and Joan get back, the better. | 妈妈和琼越早回来越好 | 
| [04:20] | From where? | 她们去哪了 | 
| [04:22] | Mom’s Aunt Reine. | 瑞妮姨妈家 | 
| [04:23] | She’s had a turn. | 她有些不舒服 | 
| [04:29] | It’s just the mornings, he’s fine. | 就早上会这样 他没事 | 
| [04:34] | Sir? | 长官 | 
| [04:36] | Morse. | 摩斯 | 
| [04:38] | Much in? | 有情况吗 | 
| [04:40] | Nights have handed over a missing person: | 夜班接到一起失踪报案 | 
| [04:41] | Ingrid Hjort. | 英格丽·赫约特 | 
| [04:42] | Danish national, 22. | 丹麦人 22岁 | 
| [04:44] | Au pair to a Dr. Lorenz. | 是洛伦兹博士的互惠生 | 
| [04:47] | What’s this? | 这是什么 | 
| [04:48] | Lunch. | 午餐 | 
| [04:49] | Oh, you didn’t have to do that. | 你不必麻烦的 | 
| [04:50] | I could have got something from the canteen. | 我大可以去食堂买吃的 | 
| [04:51] | Well, I can’t say they’ll be up to mom’s. | 比不上妈妈做的好吃 | 
| [04:53] | I’m sure they’ll be smashing. | 肯定也差不了 | 
| [04:55] | Right, get to it. | 出发吧 | 
| [05:00] | Ah, Thursday. | 瑟斯戴 | 
| [05:01] | I was just saying to Strange, | 我正在跟斯特兰奇说 | 
| [05:03] | in light of his promotion, | 他升职的事 | 
| [05:05] | it’s not always easy | 这并非易事 | 
| [05:07] | stepping into another man’s shoes, | 接替他人的职位 | 
| [05:09] | especially one so capable and | 尤其你的前任是能力出众 | 
| [05:12] | well-admired as DS Jakes. | 备受尊敬的杰克斯警长 | 
| [05:15] | Yes, sir. | 是 长官 | 
| [05:19] | But I’m sure you’ll make a very fine fist of it. | 不过我相信你可以胜任 | 
| [05:23] | Best foot forward. | 全力以赴就行 | 
| [05:24] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢 长官 | 
| [05:27] | Morning, sir. | 早上好 长官 | 
| [05:29] | There’s a Dr. Lorenz at the front desk. | 前台有一位洛伦兹博士 | 
| [05:31] | He says he has an appointment. | 他说他约好了 | 
| [05:32] | Something about a missing person. | 事关一起失踪案 | 
| [05:33] | – Send him… – Send him… | -让他… -让他… | 
| [05:38] | Send him up, would you? | 让他进来吧 | 
| [05:43] | When did you last see her? | 你最后一次见她是什么时候 | 
| [05:44] | Yesterday evening. | 昨天晚上 | 
| [05:45] | She went to night school. | 她去上夜校的时候 | 
| [05:48] | When I saw the boys had not been got up this morning, | 今早看到两个儿子还没起床 | 
| [05:52] | I knocked at her door. | 我就去敲她房门 | 
| [05:54] | There was no reply, so I went in. | 可没人答应 我就进去了 | 
| [05:58] | She wasn’t there. | 她没在里面 | 
| [05:59] | Today would have been her afternoon off. | 今天下午她本来不用工作 | 
| [06:01] | And who looks after your sons then? | 那谁来照看你的儿子 | 
| [06:04] | Their grandmother, on my wife’s side. | 他们的外婆 | 
| [06:06] | She died two years ago. | 我妻子两年前去世了 | 
| [06:10] | I’m very sorry. | 我很遗憾 | 
| [06:13] | How long has Miss Hjort worked for you? | 赫约特小姐为您工作多久了 | 
| [06:15] | A year. | 一年 | 
| [06:16] | Just over. | 刚过一年 | 
| [06:17] | Was through an agency, or…? | 是通过中介介绍的吗 | 
| [06:19] | No, I know her father. | 不是 我认识她爸爸 | 
| [06:20] | We work in the same field– wildlife conservation. | 我们是同行 野生动物保护 | 
| [06:24] | Have you spoken to her parents? | 你告诉她父母了吗 | 
| [06:26] | Not yet. | 还没 | 
| [06:28] | I did not want to worry them prematurely. | 我不想无故让他们担心 | 
| [06:43] | Hello? | 有人吗 | 
| [06:58] | Good morning. | 早上好 | 
| [07:00] | The office isn’t open to the public until 4:00. | 办公室下午4点才向公众开放 | 
| [07:03] | If you want to enroll, you’ll have to come back then. | 如果你想报名的话 到时候再来 | 
| [07:04] | Detective Constable Morse, City Police. | 摩斯警员 市警局 | 
| [07:09] | I’m trying to find out if there was a student here last night. | 我想知道一名学生昨晚是否来过这里 | 
| [07:12] | Ingrid Hjort, Conversational Spanish. | 英格丽·赫约特 西语会话课 | 
| [07:15] | Mister…? | 先生是… | 
| [07:15] | Turnbull. | 特布尔 | 
| [07:17] | I wouldn’t know about that. | 那我可不清楚 | 
| [07:18] | Is there anyone who can tell me | 那有谁能告诉我 | 
| [07:20] | if she was here or not? | 她来没来过吗 | 
| [07:22] | Mr. Bryden, I suppose. | 布莱登先生应该知道 | 
| [07:24] | 5c. | 他在5C | 
| [07:30] | I suppose you want me to show you? | 你还想让我带你去吧 | 
| [07:31] | If it isn’t too much trouble. | 如果不太麻烦的话 | 
| [07:39] | I’ve had these run off from her passport. | 这是拿她护照照片印的 | 
| [07:45] | When did she go missing? | 她什么时候失踪的 | 
| [07:46] | Not too sure, sir. | 还不确定 长官 | 
| [07:48] | But Dr. Lorenz last saw her heading off to night school. | 但洛伦兹博士最后看到她是去夜校 | 
| [07:52] | What night school? | 哪所夜校 | 
| [07:54] | Not Applehurst Road by any chance, was it? | 不会是阿彭赫斯路那个吧 | 
| [07:56] | It was, actually. | 就是 | 
| [07:58] | Why? | 怎么了 | 
| [08:02] | She came with us to the pub | 她跟我们一起去了酒吧 | 
| [08:03] | but left after about five minutes. | 但五分钟后就走了 | 
| [08:05] | Said she’d left her purse. | 说她落了手袋 | 
| [08:08] | But you expected her to return? | 但你觉得她应该还会回来 | 
| [08:10] | I assumed she would. | 我以为她会 | 
| [08:12] | To be honest, I don’t suppose I gave much thought to it. | 老实说 我也没多想 | 
| [08:16] | I don’t suppose you know which way she would have gone | 你是否知道她离开酒吧后 | 
| [08:19] | when she left the pub? | 去了哪个方向 | 
| [08:20] | The same way we came, I suppose, through the park. | 应该是原路返回 穿过公园 | 
| [08:30] | What about boyfriends? | 那男友呢 | 
| [08:35] | As a matter of fact… | 事实上 | 
| [08:37] | There is a lad, a student in my class. | 是有个小伙子 我们班同学 | 
| [08:40] | I think they’ve been out once or twice. | 他们好像出去过一两次 | 
| [08:42] | He works as a groundsman at Crevecoeur Hall. | 他是科雷寇堂的园丁 | 
| [08:45] | Big place out by Swimford owned by a family called Mortmaigne. | 斯温福德附近 莫梅恩家族的大房子 | 
| [08:49] | And does he have a name? | 他叫什么 | 
| [08:51] | Phil. | 菲尔 | 
| [08:53] | Philip Hathaway. | 菲利普·哈瑟维 | 
| [09:11] | Good afternoon. | 下午好 | 
| [09:12] | I’m Detective Constable Morse, City Police. | 我是摩斯警员 市警局 | 
| [09:15] | I’m looking for a Philip Hathaway. | 我找菲利普·哈瑟维 | 
| [09:18] | May I introduce my brother? | 我给你介绍我哥哥吧 | 
| [09:21] | Guy, this is Mr. Morse. | 盖 这是摩斯先生 | 
| [09:23] | He’s a policeman from town. | 他是城里来的警察 | 
| [09:25] | Detective Constable Morse. | 是摩斯警员 | 
| [09:27] | He’s looking for Philip. | 他在找菲利普 | 
| [09:28] | Why? Is he in trouble? | 怎么 他惹麻烦了吗 | 
| [09:30] | Geoff Craven, our land agent. | 杰夫·克雷文 我们的地产经纪人 | 
| [09:31] | No, not so far as I know. | 据我所知他没惹麻烦 | 
| [09:33] | He may be able to help us with our enquiries. | 他或许能够协助我们的调查 | 
| [09:35] | So Mr. Hathaway, nobody has seen her | 哈瑟维先生 她昨晚离开酒吧后 | 
| [09:37] | since she left the pub last night. | 就再没人见过她了 | 
| [09:39] | Right. | 好吧 | 
| [09:40] | It’s just that someone said you and she… | 就是…有人说你俩… | 
| [09:42] | Me and Ingrid? | 我和英格丽吗 | 
| [09:44] | No. | 不是 | 
| [09:45] | We went for a drink once, | 我们去喝过一次酒 | 
| [09:46] | when she first started night school, | 那是她刚来夜校时 | 
| [09:47] | but it didn’t go nowhere. | 但我们并没有任何发展 | 
| [09:49] | Anywhere. | 完全没有 | 
| [09:51] | What about her employer, Dr. Lorenz? | 那她的雇主 洛伦兹博士呢 | 
| [09:53] | Did she ever mention him? | 她提过他吗 | 
| [09:55] | I heard her say to Mr. Bryden | 我听她跟布莱登先生说 | 
| [09:56] | he’s been in a bit of a mood lately. | 他近来情绪不太好 | 
| [09:57] | Trouble with his work, I think. | 好像是工作上的事 | 
| [10:01] | What are they like to work for, the Mortmaignes? | 他们是怎样的雇主 莫梅恩家 | 
| [10:03] | They’ve been all right to me. | 对我还不差 | 
| [10:04] | What about… Craven, is it? | 那…克雷文呢 | 
| [10:07] | The land agent. | 地产经纪人 | 
| [10:10] | He’s Yell’s man. | 他是耶尔的人 | 
| [10:12] | He’s not really a land agent. | 他并不真是个地产经纪人 | 
| [10:13] | They just call him that for… | 他们只是那么喊他 | 
| [10:16] | Well, something to call him, really. | 因为总得给他个称呼 | 
| [10:18] | Bosses me about, mostly. | 经常对我呼来喝去 | 
| [10:20] | You don’t like that? | 你不喜欢吗 | 
| [10:21] | Do you? | 换你会喜欢吗 | 
| [10:25] | Thank you. | 谢谢了 | 
| [10:27] | She had a phone call last night. | 她昨晚接了通电话 | 
| [10:30] | It’s just come to me. | 我刚想起来 | 
| [10:31] | The caretaker came and got her from class. | 看门人过来把她从课上叫走了 | 
| [10:33] | What time was this? | 那是几点 | 
| [10:35] | About half 7:00, 8:00. | 大概7:30到8:00 | 
| [10:38] | Anything on this missing person? | 这个失踪案有线索吗 | 
| [10:40] | Morse is looking into it, sir. | 摩斯在查了 长官 | 
| [10:42] | But I’ve been thinking… | 但我在想 | 
| [10:44] | Sandra Jordan. | 桑德拉·乔丹 | 
| [10:46] | Before your time– June ’63. | 那是你来之前 1963年6月 | 
| [10:48] | She was blonde. Good-looking girl, | 她也是个金发的漂亮姑娘 | 
| [10:51] | like this latest. | 跟这个刚失踪的一样 | 
| [10:52] | Sex case. | 性侵案 | 
| [10:54] | Attacked on the way home from work half strangled, | 回家路上被袭击 差点被掐死 | 
| [10:56] | head injuries, been in a coma ever since. | 头部受伤 自此便陷入了昏迷 | 
| [10:58] | You think there’s a connection? | 你觉得二者相关吗 | 
| [11:00] | Her route home from work | 她下班回家的路线 | 
| [11:01] | would have taken her past Applehurst Road Night School– | 会经过阿彭赫斯路的夜校 | 
| [11:04] | this au pair’s last known destination. | 也是这位互惠生最后出现的地方 | 
| [11:07] | Unsolved, presumably. | 那案子未结吧 | 
| [11:09] | Sandra was in my Joan’s year at school. | 桑德拉跟我家琼是同届 | 
| [11:13] | Everything to her parents. | 是她父母的一切 | 
| [11:15] | Awful thing to lose a daughter. | 失去女儿真是可怕 | 
| [11:18] | Or as good as. | 这样也没差别了 | 
| [11:24] | Any child. | 失去任何孩子都是 | 
| [11:27] | But best not get their hopes up. | 但最好别让他们太抱希望 | 
| [11:31] | They’re past that, sir. | 他们早不抱希望了 长官 | 
| [11:32] | Her father, at least. | 至少她父亲是不了 | 
| [11:33] | Drank himself to death. | 酗酒死了 | 
| [11:36] | But I made a promise to her mother. | 但我向她母亲许下了承诺 | 
| [11:40] | Do you think it’s more than just a missing person? | 你觉得是不是比失踪案严重 | 
| [11:42] | Well, there’s no friends or boyfriend | 她并没有可能借宿的 | 
| [11:43] | she might have stayed with. | 男友或朋友 | 
| [11:45] | Her passport’s still at her lodgings. | 她护照还在住处 | 
| [11:46] | Why would she abandon her charges? | 她为什么要抛下她负责照顾的孩子 | 
| [11:49] | All taken together, I don’t think it looks promising. | 考虑到一切 我觉得情况不妙 | 
| [11:52] | Sandra Jordan. | 桑德拉·乔丹 | 
| [11:53] | Attacked 5th of June, ’63. | 1963年6月5日被袭击 | 
| [11:56] | Four years to the day. | 正好四年前 | 
| [11:57] | See if there’s something else that strikes a… | 看看有没有其他让你… | 
| [12:01] | That str… | 让你… | 
| [12:03] | Shall I fetch someone? | 要我叫人吗 | 
| [12:04] | No, don’t. | 不用 | 
| [12:07] | Bastard! | 该死 | 
| [12:09] | What did they say at your check-up? | 你复查时他们怎么说的 | 
| [12:12] | They said I’m fine. | 他们说我没事 | 
| [12:14] | You didn’t go, did you? | 你没去 是吧 | 
| [12:16] | Don’t you start. | 你少来 | 
| [12:17] | I get enough of that at home. | 我在家被唠叨够了 | 
| [12:19] | I have a lump of metal rattling about. | 我肺里有块金属 | 
| [12:21] | What do you expect? | 你觉得会怎么样 | 
| [12:22] | Just catches me the wrong way once in a while is all. | 就是偶尔会让我不舒服而已 | 
| [12:25] | You want something to mither about | 你那好脑瓜 | 
| [12:26] | with that bloody great brain of yours, | 想找事做 | 
| [12:28] | see if you can’t find something useful on the Sandra Jordan case. | 就看看能不能找到桑德拉·乔丹案的线索 | 
| [12:31] | Something that connects her to Ingrid Hjort, maybe. | 看看跟英格丽·赫约特是否能联系上 | 
| [12:33] | And Morse… | 摩斯 | 
| [12:36] | Not a word of this to Mrs. Thursday or Joan, | 绝对不许对瑟斯戴太太和琼说 | 
| [12:38] | all right? | 好吗 | 
| [13:26] | *He was once a true love of mine* | *他曾是我的真爱* | 
| [13:33] | *Are we going to Scarborough Fair?* | *我们是否要去斯卡布罗集市* | 
| [13:40] | *Parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme* | *欧芹 鼠尾草 迷迭香 百里香* | 
| [13:46] | *Remember me…* | *记住我…* | 
| [14:02] | Hey, wait! | 等等 | 
| [14:02] | If you want me, you’re gonna have to catch me! | 你想要我 就抓住我吧 | 
| [15:51] | Mr. Turnbull? | 特布尔先生 | 
| [16:19] | Give you a jump, did they? | 吓人一跳吧 | 
| [16:21] | Shrunken heads. | 干枯的脑袋 | 
| [16:22] | What’s all this? | 这都是什么 | 
| [16:24] | Taxidermy? | 标本吗 | 
| [16:25] | It’s a hobby. | 就是个爱好 | 
| [16:30] | Don’t you need a warrant to come poking? | 你不是得有搜查令才能来打探吗 | 
| [16:35] | It’s about Ingrid Hjort. | 是英格丽·赫约特的事 | 
| [16:37] | She’s not turned up yet, then? | 她还没出现吗 | 
| [16:39] | Not yet. | 还没有 | 
| [16:40] | The thing is, she came back here Monday night, | 是这样 她周一晚又回来过 | 
| [16:42] | or at least left the pub with the intention of coming back here. | 至少她离开了酒吧 打算回来 | 
| [16:47] | Thought she’d forgotten something. | 她觉得自己落了东西 | 
| [16:48] | Her purse, | 她的手袋 | 
| [16:49] | Mr. Bryden thought it might have been. | 布莱登先生说好像是手袋 | 
| [16:51] | Well, I never saw her. | 我没看到她 | 
| [16:53] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 | 
| [16:54] | You might have been in another part of the building, | 你当时可能在大楼另一边 | 
| [16:57] | mightn’t you? | 是不是 | 
| [16:58] | I locked up soon as the last had gone. | 最后的学生一走 我就锁了门 | 
| [17:01] | Went to Working Man’s on Ward Lane. | 去了沃德路的工人酒吧 | 
| [17:04] | So she couldn’t have got in even if she wanted to. | 即便她想也进不来的 | 
| [17:07] | Someone also said that she received a phone call here. | 还有人提到她在这里接了通电话 | 
| [17:11] | A personal call. | 私人电话 | 
| [17:13] | They said you came and got her. | 他们说你去叫走了她 | 
| [17:16] | That’s right. | 对了 | 
| [17:17] | Yeah, I forgot. | 我都忘了 | 
| [17:19] | Yeah, I have so much to do, it must have slipped my mind. | 我事情太多 就忘了这事 | 
| [17:21] | Was it a man or a woman? | 是个男人还是女人 | 
| [17:23] | Man. | 是男人 | 
| [17:25] | Local, or well-spoken? | 本地人 还是谈吐比较文雅 | 
| [17:27] | I can’t remember. | 我记不得了 | 
| [17:29] | I just took a name and came and fetched her. | 我听他说找谁 就去叫她了 | 
| [17:34] | What about this purse? | 那手袋呢 | 
| [17:35] | Did you find one? | 你发现谁落下手袋了吗 | 
| [17:37] | I’d have said if I had. | 如果我找到了肯定会说啊 | 
| [17:40] | That might have slipped your mind too. | 或许那你也忘了呢 | 
| [17:44] | How long was it you said you worked here for? | 你说你在这里工作多久了 | 
| [17:46] | Two years. | 两年了 | 
| [17:47] | You weren’t here in ’63, then? | 你1963年不在吗 | 
| [17:49] | No, | 不 | 
| [17:51] | I wasn’t. | 不在 | 
| [18:06] | The park closes about 9:30. | 公园大概9:30关门 | 
| [18:09] | We ring a bell half an hour before the gates are locked. | 锁大门前半小时会敲铃 | 
| [18:13] | No radios, by order! | 不许带收音机 | 
| [18:15] | It’s a family park, it’s not a monkey house! | 这是家庭公园 不是疯人院 | 
| [18:19] | Go on, | 快走 | 
| [18:20] | before I fetch a bucket of water. | 要不我提桶水来泼你们 | 
| [18:25] | They could do with a good wash. | 他们需要好好洗洗 | 
| [18:28] | Long hair. | 长头发 | 
| [18:29] | Can’t tell the boys from the girls these days. | 如今男女都分不清了 | 
| [18:31] | National Service, that’s what they want. | 他们就该去当兵 | 
| [18:35] | There’s no chance she would have got stuck in the park? | 她会不会困在了公园里 | 
| [18:38] | I’m sure I’d have seen her. | 那我肯定会看见她 | 
| [18:40] | A blonde, you say? | 金发姑娘 | 
| [18:41] | Mm, quite striking. | 很漂亮 | 
| [18:43] | She’d have had an accent. | 而且有口音 | 
| [18:44] | Danish. | 丹麦人 | 
| [18:45] | I didn’t see a soul. | 我没看到任何人 | 
| [18:47] | Sometimes get one or two, | 有时会有那么一两个 | 
| [18:48] | maybe doze off and miss the bell, | 睡着了 没听到铃 | 
| [18:50] | but not Monday night. | 但周一晚上不会 | 
| [19:12] | So what did the policeman want? | 那警察什么事 | 
| [19:14] | Someone I know slightly, she’s gone missing. | 我算是认识的一个人 她失踪了 | 
| [19:20] | Oh, someone you know slightly. | 你算是认识的一个人 | 
| [19:23] | All the lingo now, eh? | 真会说话 | 
| [19:26] | Proper English gentleman. | 正经的英国绅士了 | 
| [19:29] | Don’t get ideas, boy. | 别痴心妄想了 小子 | 
| [19:31] | I see how you look at her. | 我看到你看她的眼神了 | 
| [19:34] | You know bloody well who. | 你清楚我在说谁 | 
| [19:38] | Whom. | 是谁[语法] | 
| [19:46] | Don’t push it. | 别得寸进尺 | 
| [19:48] | You bring the police around here, | 你把警察引来这里 | 
| [19:50] | you’ll be out, boy. | 你会被赶走的 小子 | 
| [19:52] | Out. | 赶走 | 
| [19:54] | You mind your place. | 你注意身份 | 
| [19:57] | There was another young woman– Sandra Jordan. | 还有个年轻姑娘 桑德拉·乔丹 | 
| [19:59] | She was attacked the first week of June ’63. | 她在1963年6月第一周被人袭击 | 
| [20:01] | She was a blonde, like Ingrid Hjort. | 她也像英格丽·赫约特一样是金发 | 
| [20:04] | First week, you say? | 第一周吗 | 
| [20:07] | Oh, I was off that week. | 我那周没在 | 
| [20:08] | Porthcawl. We had a caravan there. | 波斯考尔 我们在那里有个房车 | 
| [20:11] | Dolly, my wife, rest her soul, | 我妻子多莉 愿她安息 | 
| [20:16] | she was very fond of the seaside. | 她很喜欢海边 | 
| [20:19] | So it all passed me by, I’m afraid. | 所以我恐怕错过了那事 | 
| [20:22] | Except what I read in the papers. | 只是在报上读到了 | 
| [20:25] | Well, I’d be grateful for a list of all of your employees– | 麻烦你给我列一张所有雇员的名单 | 
| [20:27] | groundsmen and so forth– | 园丁 什么的 | 
| [20:28] | and if you could highlight any that were working here then. | 并且 拜托你标出当时就在这里工作的 | 
| [20:31] | If you think so, but | 你要是觉得有用 那好 | 
| [20:33] | they’ve all been thoroughly vetted. | 但他们都经过彻底排查了 | 
| [20:38] | The route Sandra Jordan took home from work every evening | 桑德拉·乔丹每晚下班回家的路线 | 
| [20:40] | is almost identical to that most likely taken by Ingrid Hjort, | 跟英格丽·赫约特很可能走的路线几乎重合 | 
| [20:44] | in so far as it took them both past the park and the night school. | 目前看来 她们都经过了公园和夜校 | 
| [20:48] | And it was the 5th of June that Sandra Jordan was attacked– | 桑德拉·乔丹是6月5日遇袭的 | 
| [20:51] | the same date Ingrid Hjort was last seen alive. | 跟英格丽·赫约特失踪的日期一样 | 
| [20:55] | Anything from the night school? | 夜校那边有线索吗 | 
| [20:57] | Nothing from her tutor Bryden, | 她的老师 布莱登并不知道什么 | 
| [20:59] | nor the caretaker Turnbull. Yet. | 看门人特布尔也是 至少目前是这样 | 
| [21:01] | This classmate Philip Hathaway, | 这位同学 菲利普·哈瑟维 | 
| [21:04] | groundsman at Crevecoeur. | 科雷寇的园丁 | 
| [21:05] | Fined and bound over in March for a breach of the peace. | 三月曾因妨害治安被罚款监禁 | 
| [21:08] | Pub brawl. | 酒吧斗殴 | 
| [21:11] | Morse. | 摩斯 | 
| [21:19] | Morse. | 摩斯 | 
| [21:19] | Anything on this phone call she received? | 她接到的电话查到什么了吗 | 
| [21:22] | I’ve spoken to the GPO, sir, | 我问过了邮政总局 长官 | 
| [21:24] | and the only call that went through | 7点后 唯一一通 | 
| [21:25] | to the night school after half 7:00 | 打去夜校的电话 | 
| [21:26] | was made from a phone box on The High. | 来自主街的一个电话亭 | 
| [21:30] | All right, well, keep me apprised of any developments. | 好 有进展的话通知我 | 
| [21:33] | Thursday. | 瑟斯戴 | 
| [21:34] | Sir. | 是 长官 | 
| [21:36] | There’s something down by the river, sir. | 河边出了事 长官 | 
| [21:38] | Sounds like it might be a drowning. | 可能是溺水 | 
| [21:42] | Ricky what? | 瑞奇什么 | 
| [21:43] | – Parker. – Parker. | -帕克 -帕克 | 
| [21:44] | Was he a college boy? | 大学生吗 | 
| [21:46] | Town, I think. | 城里的居民吧 | 
| [21:47] | But I only met him last night. | 但我昨晚才认识他的 | 
| [21:48] | We went out for a swim | 我们去游泳了 | 
| [21:49] | and I thought he was coming with me, but he didn’t. | 我以为他也会来 但他没来 | 
| [21:52] | And by the time I got back to the bank, he wasn’t there. | 等我回到岸上 他已经不在了 | 
| [21:55] | Did you look for him? | 你找他了吗 | 
| [21:56] | One of the punts was gone. | 因为少了艘船 | 
| [21:57] | I thought maybe he’d gone back to town. | 我还以为他回城里了 | 
| [21:59] | When we took all the rest back first thing, | 可我们一早把其他船划回去时 | 
| [22:01] | the hire man said they were still one short. | 租船的人说还缺一艘 | 
| [22:07] | And this is where you left him? | 你就在这里跟他分开的 | 
| [22:09] | Yes. | 对 | 
| [22:10] | I mean, I think so, but it was dark. | 差不多吧 当时很黑 | 
| [22:13] | You know, I just wondered | 我就在想 | 
| [22:14] | whether he might have come in after me and… | 他会不会也跟我下水了 | 
| [22:17] | …I don’t know, got into difficulty. | 但是…遇上了麻烦 | 
| [22:19] | Why? Had you been drinking? | 怎么 你们喝酒了吗 | 
| [22:20] | Well, I wasn’t drunk. | 我没喝醉 | 
| [22:41] | Look… | 那个… | 
| [22:42] | You better stay back. | 你最好别过来 | 
| [22:45] | Don’t come any closer. | 别过来 | 
| [22:46] | What is it? | 怎么了 | 
| [22:59] | So where’s the rest of him? | 他其余的部分呢 | 
| [23:01] | God knows. | 天知道 | 
| [23:02] | Axe, do you think? | 斧子砍的吗 | 
| [23:03] | Maybe. | 可能吧 | 
| [23:05] | Is there a Morse here? | 这里谁叫摩斯 | 
| [23:07] | Yes– DC Morse. | 我 摩斯警员 | 
| [23:09] | Professor Kemp– home office pathologist. | 坎普教授 内政部病理学家 | 
| [23:12] | Something wrong? | 有什么问题吗 | 
| [23:14] | No. | 没有 | 
| [23:14] | We expected Dr. DeBryn that’s all. | 我们以为会是德布林医生来 | 
| [23:17] | Fly fishing on the Tay, I believe. | 去泰河飞钓了 好像 | 
| [23:20] | You have a body for me? | 你们这里有尸体吗 | 
| [23:21] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [23:28] | Just the arm, is it? | 就一只手臂吗 | 
| [23:29] | So far. | 目前是的 | 
| [23:31] | Yes, well… | 那好吧 | 
| [23:33] | Drowned, most likely. | 八成淹死的 | 
| [23:35] | Drinking, was he? | 他喝酒了 是吗 | 
| [23:37] | Boat comes through, | 船经过 | 
| [23:39] | propeller hits the body, takes the arm off. | 螺旋桨打中尸体 砍下了胳膊 | 
| [23:44] | You sure? | 你确定吗 | 
| [23:45] | His girlfriend thinks he more likely went in down river. | 她女友认为他很可能是在下游入水的 | 
| [23:47] | Hard to see how the arm | 那他的胳膊 | 
| [23:48] | would have washed up here against the current. | 怎么会逆流冲到这里来 | 
| [23:50] | Well, she’s mistaken, clearly. | 那就是她错了 | 
| [23:52] | I’ll run a diatom test, naturally, | 我当然会进行硅藻检测 | 
| [23:53] | but in my considered opinion, you’re looking at a drowning, | 但依我深思熟虑之见 这就是溺水身亡 | 
| [23:56] | and that’s what my report will say. | 我的报告就会这么写 | 
| [23:57] | Good day! | 日安 | 
| [24:00] | Right. | 好吧 | 
| [24:01] | Get a diving team out. | 叫潜水队来 | 
| [24:02] | Let’s see if we can find the rest of him. | 看能不能捞到他其他部分 | 
| [24:04] | Sir. | 是 长官 | 
| [24:05] | You all right to finish up? | 你可以收尾吗 | 
| [24:07] | Yes. | 可以 | 
| [24:11] | The pathologist wasn’t long. | 病理学家没待多久 | 
| [24:15] | You okay? | 你没事吧 | 
| [24:17] | Bit of a shock? | 有点吓到了吗 | 
| [24:19] | That’s life in a blue suit. | 这就是警察工作嘛 | 
| [24:22] | Police? | 警察 | 
| [24:24] | Seems an unexpected choice for someone like yourself. | 你这样的人干这个有点让人意外啊 | 
| [24:27] | What is someone like myself? | 我是什么样的人 | 
| [24:29] | I don’t know. | 怎么说呢 | 
| [24:31] | Bright, I suppose. | 聪明人吧 | 
| [24:33] | And what are bright girls supposed to do? | 那聪明姑娘该做什么呢 | 
| [24:35] | Marry well? | 嫁个好人家吗 | 
| [24:37] | Oh, I… I just meant it can be a pretty grim kind of a calling. | 我就是说 这职业有时挺阴暗的 | 
| [24:43] | Maybe I like grim. | 或许我喜欢阴暗 | 
| [24:53] | Doesn’t feel right. | 感觉不对劲 | 
| [24:54] | No. | 是啊 | 
| [24:56] | No, it doesn’t. | 的确 | 
| [25:03] | Is there any news about Ingrid? | 英格丽有什么消息吗 | 
| [25:05] | She’s reported as having said | 有人听她说 | 
| [25:06] | you’ve been in a bit of a mood lately. | 你近来情绪不太好 | 
| [25:09] | I have been? | 我吗 | 
| [25:11] | Something to do with your work, perhaps? | 或许是你工作上的事 | 
| [25:14] | Some specimens were mislaid in the laboratory, but | 就是实验室里丢了一些样本 | 
| [25:19] | that’s all. | 仅此而已 | 
| [25:20] | What kind of specimens? | 什么样本 | 
| [25:21] | Urine, in the main. | 主要是尿液样本 | 
| [25:23] | I am conducting a study | 我在进行的研究是 | 
| [25:24] | into the neurobiology of chemical communication in mammals. | 哺乳动物化学通讯的神经生物学原理 | 
| [25:29] | A dog, for example, | 比如说 一只狗 | 
| [25:31] | cocks its leg against a lamppost. | 朝灯柱撒尿 | 
| [25:33] | We’re looking at the composition of what it leaves behind, | 我们要研究它尿液的成分 | 
| [25:37] | what chemical information might be contained in such material. | 尿液里含有怎样的化学信息 | 
| [25:41] | Would you excuse me a moment? | 失陪一下 | 
| [25:47] | Yes? | 喂 | 
| [25:48] | Yes, he is. | 他在 | 
| [25:50] | Inspector? | 督察 | 
| [25:51] | A Detective Sergeant Strange. | 斯特兰奇警长找你 | 
| [25:55] | I didn’t want to say anything in front of him | 我不想当着他的面说 | 
| [25:56] | in case it goes nowhere, | 以防最终查不到什么 | 
| [25:58] | but we’ve a sighting of a woman | 但现在有人称看到过 | 
| [25:59] | answering Ingrid Hjort’s description | 符合英格丽·赫约特特征的女人 | 
| [26:01] | just after 9:00 the evening she went missing. | 就在她失踪当晚 9点刚过时 | 
| [26:04] | Where? | 在哪 | 
| [26:05] | Just along from the night school. | 离夜校不远 | 
| [26:07] | Witness is a Mr. Gregory. | 目击者是格雷戈里先生 | 
| [26:09] | Pools collector. | 收赌债的 | 
| [26:10] | He was doing his rounds. | 他当时在到处上门讨债 | 
| [26:11] | He saw a woman he took to be Ingrid standing at the curb. | 看到了长得像英格丽的女人站在马路边 | 
| [26:14] | Car pulled up, she got in. | 有辆车停下 她上去了 | 
| [26:16] | Don’t suppose he got a registration? | 他记下车牌了吗 | 
| [26:18] | Strange is running it now. | 斯特兰奇在查了 | 
| [26:20] | Oh, and when you’re done here, | 等你完事了 | 
| [26:21] | Strange says there’s a bird watcher gone overdue. | 斯特兰奇说有个观鸟者久出未归 | 
| [26:24] | A bird watcher? | 观鸟者 | 
| [26:26] | Dr. Moxem from Wolsey College. | 沃尔西学院的默克瑟姆博士 | 
| [26:28] | Went up to Wytham Woods at the weekend. | 周末去了维泽姆森林 | 
| [26:30] | Had a tutorial yesterday and never turned up. | 他昨天有课 但他没去 | 
| [26:33] | Go and take a look-see. | 去看看 | 
| [26:35] | That’s a job for County, I’d have thought. | 那是郡警局的事吧 | 
| [26:38] | They asked if we’d anyone spare. | 他们问我们能不能抽个人帮个忙 | 
| [26:40] | Oh, and that’s me, is it? | 所以就是我了吗 | 
| [26:41] | Division of labor. | 这叫分工 | 
| [26:43] | They also said… | 他们还说… | 
| [26:44] | Go stomping round the forest looking for lost bird watchers? | 去森林里转转 找个迷路的观鸟者吗 | 
| [26:50] | Wytham is pretty big. | 维泽姆挺大的 | 
| [26:51] | He could be anywhere. | 他可能在任何地方 | 
| [26:54] | Well, if anyone can find him, you can. | 如果有人能找到他 那就是你了 | 
| [27:07] | Mr. Hodges. | 霍奇斯先生 | 
| [27:09] | You were sitting in your car that evening. | 那晚有人看到你开车了 | 
| [27:11] | Where were you going? | 你当时是要去哪 | 
| [27:12] | I was on my way to the off-license. | 我正要去外卖酒水店 | 
| [27:14] | I like a drop of pale ale with my tea. | 我想买点麦酒配茶 | 
| [27:16] | Well, they had run out. | 但他们卖没了 | 
| [27:18] | So I thought I’d take back the empties, | 我就想着 把空瓶还回去 | 
| [27:21] | get a couple of bottles, you know. | 买几瓶啤酒 | 
| [27:23] | She flagged me down. | 她拦下了我 | 
| [27:25] | She flagged you down? | 她拦下了你 | 
| [27:27] | She looked upset. | 她似乎很难过 | 
| [27:30] | I’m not one to ignore a damsel in distress. | 我是不会无视落难少女的 | 
| [27:33] | That’s not how I was brought up. | 我父母不是那么教我的 | 
| [27:35] | So you pulled over. | 所以你停了车 | 
| [27:37] | Yes. | 对 | 
| [27:38] | I wound my window down, asked her if she was all right. | 我摇下了车窗 问她是否还好 | 
| [27:42] | She said she’d lost her purse and didn’t have the bus fare. | 她说她丢了手袋 没钱坐公共汽车了 | 
| [27:47] | I felt sorry for her, so I said I’d run her. | 我可怜她 就答应送她 | 
| [27:50] | Why didn’t you just give her the fare? | 你怎么不给她车钱 | 
| [27:53] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 | 
| [27:54] | I just said it. | 我就那么说了 | 
| [27:58] | It was a lovely evening– a little run out. | 那天晚上挺晴朗 出来转转也好 | 
| [28:00] | Run out? | 转转 | 
| [28:01] | Where? | 去哪 | 
| [28:02] | Home, she said. | 她说要回家 | 
| [28:06] | Where was that? | 那是在哪 | 
| [28:08] | Specifically. | 具体讲 | 
| [28:14] | Out at Wytham Woods. | 在维泽姆森林 | 
| [28:37] | It’s not mine. | 不是我的 | 
| [28:40] | If you were planning on sending throughout the kingdom | 如果你正打算在全国上下 | 
| [28:42] | to know whom so ever the shoe will fit. | 找能穿上那鞋的人 | 
| [28:49] | I saw you up at the house yesterday. | 我昨天在家里看到你了 | 
| [28:52] | Yes. | 对 | 
| [28:53] | You’re the police. | 你是警察 | 
| [28:55] | Well, I’m one of them. | 我是一位警察 | 
| [28:58] | Julia. | 茱莉娅 | 
| [28:59] | Mortmaigne. | 莫梅恩 | 
| [29:00] | Morse. | 摩斯 | 
| [29:03] | My brother said something about a missing girl. | 我哥哥说有个女孩失踪了 | 
| [29:05] | That’s right. | 是的 | 
| [29:06] | Is that what you’re doing here? | 你是在这里找她吗 | 
| [29:11] | Hers? | 是她的吗 | 
| [29:13] | Possibly. | 可能吧 | 
| [29:15] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 | 
| [29:16] | I hope you find her, and that she’s all right. | 希望你找到她 希望她没事 | 
| [29:26] | So what, you just left her there? | 然后呢 你就把她留在了那里吗 | 
| [29:28] | Dark, wasn’t it? | 那里不是很黑吗 | 
| [29:30] | It’s where she wanted to go. | 她就要去那里 | 
| [29:32] | She just said thank you, got out of the car. | 她说了谢谢 就下车了 | 
| [29:35] | I drove back into town. | 我开回了城里 | 
| [29:37] | Why didn’t you tell DC Morse when he asked if you’d seen her? | 摩斯警员问你是否见过她时 你怎么没说 | 
| [29:42] | I didn’t want to get involved, I suppose. | 我不想卷进来吧 | 
| [29:46] | My age, giving lifts to young women… | 我这年纪 让小姑娘搭车 | 
| [29:50] | Sort of thing you read about in the Sunday papers. | 这种事会被登在周日报纸上 | 
| [29:57] | I was just being a good Samaritan. | 我只是个好心人而已 | 
| [30:00] | I left her alive and well. | 我离开她时 她还好好的 | 
| [31:49] | A knife’s done this. | 这是刀划的 | 
| [31:51] | So, where’s Moxem? | 那默克瑟姆呢 | 
| [31:52] | The last date in his sketchbook is Monday. | 他写生簿里最后的日期是周一 | 
| [31:55] | Same day Ingrid went missing. | 英格丽失踪的那天 | 
| [32:01] | If Hodges’ story is on the level, | 如果霍奇斯的说法是真的 | 
| [32:05] | maybe she came up here to meet him. | 或许她是来这里见他的 | 
| [32:07] | Confirmed bachelor, according to the college. | 学院确认他是单身了 | 
| [32:10] | 50-odd. | 50多 | 
| [32:12] | The only birds he had any interest in | 他唯一感兴趣的鸟[女人] | 
| [32:13] | are the feathered sort. | 就是有羽毛的 | 
| [33:00] | She must have taken it with her from the pile at home. | 她肯定是从家里的一堆里拿了一块 | 
| [33:05] | Dr. Lorenz, I must ask you, | 洛伦兹博士 我必须问你 | 
| [33:08] | was your relationship with Ingrid Hjort | 你和英格丽·赫约特 | 
| [33:10] | purely that of employer and employee? | 是否完全只是雇佣关系 | 
| [33:14] | You mean was she my mistress? | 你是问她是否是我的情妇 | 
| [33:17] | That’s a lot to infer from her borrowing a handkerchief. | 凭她借块手帕就猜这么远吗 | 
| [33:20] | Is there any reason you can think of | 你是否能想到任何理由 | 
| [33:22] | why she had to go up to Wytham Woods | 让她必须在那么晚 | 
| [33:24] | at that time of the evening? | 去维泽姆森林 | 
| [33:26] | None at all. | 完全想不出 | 
| [33:28] | Did she ever mention a Dr. Moxem to you? | 她跟你提过一位默克瑟姆博士吗 | 
| [33:31] | Not to me. | 没有 | 
| [33:39] | He have any enemies, the Parker boy? | 他有敌人吗 这个帕克 | 
| [33:40] | None. | 没有 | 
| [33:41] | Apprentice baker. | 面包师学徒 | 
| [33:42] | Well-liked at his work. | 同事们都喜欢他 | 
| [33:44] | Good son to his parents. | 孝敬父母 | 
| [33:45] | Never in any trouble. | 从没惹过麻烦 | 
| [33:48] | What do you think happened to Moxem? | 你觉得默克瑟姆是怎么了 | 
| [33:50] | Same as happened to Ingrid. | 跟英格丽一样 | 
| [33:52] | Maybe Moxem heard her being attacked. | 或许默克瑟姆听到了她遇袭 | 
| [33:54] | Judging by the state of his camp, | 从他营地的状况看 | 
| [33:56] | whatever happened to Moxem took place there. | 默克瑟姆遭遇的事 是发生在那里的 | 
| [33:59] | Maybe it was the other way round. | 或许是反过来 | 
| [34:01] | Maybe she stumbled onto whatever happened to Moxem | 或许是她撞见了默克瑟姆遭遇的事 | 
| [34:03] | and whoever did for him went after her. | 而杀了他的人 便又来追杀她了 | 
| [34:23] | The police were up at Wytham this afternoon. | 警察今天下午去了维泽姆 | 
| [34:26] | I ran into the one that was here yesterday. | 我遇见了昨天来这里的那个 | 
| [34:28] | What were you doing there? | 你去那里干什么 | 
| [34:29] | Pass. | 不要 | 
| [34:30] | I went for a walk in the Heartwood | 我去赫特森林散步 | 
| [34:32] | and just straight into Wytham. | 直接走进了维泽姆森林 | 
| [34:35] | Quite a lot of them there. | 去了不少警察呢 | 
| [34:37] | Pass. | 不要 | 
| [34:38] | Must be quite serious. | 肯定是出大事了 | 
| [34:40] | He found a shoe, the policeman. | 那个警察发现了一只鞋 | 
| [34:43] | This missing girl. | 这个失踪女孩 | 
| [34:45] | Double. | 翻倍 | 
| [34:47] | Can’t imagine it’s anything. | 应该不会有事吧 | 
| [34:49] | Works for Hector, doesn’t she? | 她不是给海克特干活儿吗 | 
| [34:51] | Does she? | 是吗 | 
| [34:53] | Re-double. | 再翻倍 | 
| [35:09] | Evening, matey. | 晚上好 伙计 | 
| [35:12] | – Come in. – Oh, cheers. | -进来 -谢谢 | 
| [35:19] | This is you, is it? | 你就住这儿 | 
| [35:22] | Very nice. | 不错 | 
| [35:24] | All the mod cons. | 现代化设备一应俱全 | 
| [35:26] | Bare necessities. | 也就是些不能不要的 | 
| [35:32] | I got you something. | 我给你买了样东西 | 
| [35:34] | Sort of a house warming. | 算是乔迁之礼 | 
| [35:53] | It’s not bad, this, is it? | 还不坏 是吧 | 
| [35:57] | Woman in the shop said it was bang up to date. | 那位女店员说是最新的 | 
| [35:59] | All the latest classics. | 最近的热曲集锦 | 
| [36:01] | You shouldn’t have. | 你太客气了 | 
| [36:02] | Listen. | 那个 | 
| [36:03] | When you’ve had an earful, | 等你听够了 | 
| [36:04] | I thought we might make a boys’ night out of it. | 我们男生晚上出去玩玩 | 
| [36:08] | Boys’ night out? | 出去玩玩 | 
| [36:09] | At the pub. | 去酒吧 | 
| [36:11] | You and me. | 就你和我 | 
| [36:12] | Or we could give the other side a go. | 也可以再听听另一面 | 
| [36:15] | There you go. | 给 | 
| [36:17] | Bradford’s. | 布拉福德 | 
| [36:18] | That was right, wasn’t it? | 是吧 | 
| [36:18] | Thanks. | 谢谢 | 
| [36:19] | Bit cloudy. | 有点浊 | 
| [36:21] | You want me to…? | 要我去… | 
| [36:22] | No, no. | 不用 | 
| [36:23] | It’ll settle, I expect. | 应该静会儿就好 | 
| [36:26] | So, what’s… What’s that? | 那么…那是什么 | 
| [36:29] | Double Diamond. | 双菱啤酒 | 
| [36:31] | Since when? | 什么时候换的 | 
| [36:32] | You’ve always been a Farmer’s man. | 你以前一直喝法默啤酒 | 
| [36:34] | Nah, it’s for old blokes, beer. | 那是老头的啤酒 | 
| [36:37] | If you want to be with it, | 赶时髦 | 
| [36:39] | it’s gotta be lager. | 就得喝陈贮啤酒 | 
| [36:41] | Is that what they swill up at division? | 是警部那边喝这个吗 | 
| [36:44] | Or down the Lodge? | 还是会所喝这个 | 
| [36:47] | Thought Jakes was bad with that muck… | 杰克斯喝那玩意我就够受不了了 | 
| [36:51] | I know that’s how you think I got it. | 我知道你觉得我是靠关系才升职的 | 
| [36:54] | I didn’t mean… | 我没那个意… | 
| [36:56] | Maybe that’s part of it. | 或许有那个因素吧 | 
| [36:59] | It’s nothing you couldn’t do. | 你也完全做得到 | 
| [37:01] | Rank’s not about brains. | 升职不是靠脑子 | 
| [37:03] | It’s about playing the game. | 而是靠参与游戏 | 
| [37:06] | Or not, in your case. | 但你是不会那么做了 | 
| [37:09] | You rub people up the wrong way. | 你总惹怒别人 | 
| [37:10] | Not intentionally. | 不是有意的 | 
| [37:11] | No, just happens, does it? | 是啊 就是难以避免 是吧 | 
| [37:13] | Look. | 听着 | 
| [37:14] | You don’t need to buy me records | 你不用给我买唱片 | 
| [37:17] | or take me for a drink. | 或是请我喝酒 | 
| [37:19] | Maybe. | 或许吧 | 
| [37:23] | All the same… | 但不管怎样 | 
| [37:25] | Just wanted to say… | 我就是想说 | 
| [37:30] | Still mates. | 还是哥们 | 
| [37:32] | Yes. | 当然 | 
| [37:34] | Yes, we are. | 当然了 | 
| [38:22] | Back in a sec, poppet! | 就回来 宝贝 | 
| [39:30] | This is Moxem’s, is it? | 这是默克瑟姆的 是吧 | 
| [39:33] | Anything? | 有发现吗 | 
| [39:35] | No. | 没有 | 
| [39:37] | Just birds. | 都是鸟 | 
| [39:38] | What did you expect to find? | 那你以为会发现什么 | 
| [39:41] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 | 
| [39:42] | Picture of his murderer, maybe. | 杀他的凶手的照片吗 | 
| [39:45] | You think he’s dead? | 你觉得他死了 | 
| [39:50] | I don’t suppose the divers | 潜水员没有 | 
| [39:51] | have turned up any more of Ricky Parker? | 发现更多瑞奇·帕克的尸块吗 | 
| [39:53] | No, but a girlfriend at County mentioned something. | 没有 但我在郡警局的一个姐们说了件事 | 
| [39:57] | A woman called Mrs. Parr. | 有一位帕尔太太 | 
| [39:59] | Her house is near Crevecoeur. | 她的房子在科雷寇附近 | 
| [40:00] | She reported her livestock taken. | 她报案说她的牲畜被抓走了 | 
| [40:03] | You might want to take a look. | 你最好去看看 | 
| [40:58] | Some sort of animal? | 是动物干的吗 | 
| [40:59] | That’s what she thought. | 她觉得是 | 
| [41:00] | But she didn’t actually see it? | 但她并没看到 | 
| [41:01] | No, sir. | 对 长官 | 
| [41:03] | I just thought it was worth taking a look | 我觉得值得一看 | 
| [41:04] | given what’s happened to Ricky Parker, | 鉴于瑞奇·帕克的事 | 
| [41:06] | and now the disappearance of Dr. Moxem and Ingrid Hjort | 再加上默克瑟姆博士和英格丽·赫约特就是在 | 
| [41:08] | out at Wytham. | 维泽姆失踪 | 
| [41:09] | You think they’re somehow connected? | 你觉得这之间有联系吗 | 
| [41:11] | By the river, certainly. | 都在河边 是的 | 
| [41:13] | It backs onto Wytham, and Mrs. Parr’s cottage | 河紧靠维泽姆森林 而帕尔太太的小屋 | 
| [41:16] | is no more than a stone’s throw away. | 离河边也很近 | 
| [41:17] | And given the state of Dr. Moxem’s camp… | 再考虑到默克瑟姆博士营地的状况 | 
| [41:21] | Beast of Binsey, maybe. | 宾西野兽吗 | 
| [41:23] | Come on. | 得了 | 
| [41:25] | That was doing the rounds when I was up. | 那是我上学时的传说了 | 
| [41:26] | Beast of what was it? | 什么 | 
| [41:28] | Beast of Binsey, sir. | 宾西野兽 长官 | 
| [41:29] | It’s a local legend amongst the County boys. | 郡警局那边的本地传说 | 
| [41:31] | Sheep savaged, else disappeared. | 绵羊被残杀 还有别的东西不见 | 
| [41:34] | Usually on a full moon. | 一般都是在满月之夜 | 
| [41:36] | Or a full bladder. | 或是喝多了编的 | 
| [41:38] | No, no, no. | 不不 | 
| [41:39] | This is a dog or something, hm? | 这应该是狗 还是什么的吧 | 
| [41:42] | Must have been of a decent size, sir, | 那肯定块头很大 长官 | 
| [41:44] | make off with a goat like that. | 能那样叼走山羊 | 
| [41:46] | Well, if there is something out there, | 如果真有什么野兽 | 
| [41:48] | you better find a way to prove it. | 那你们最好想办法证明 | 
| [41:50] | Sir. | 是 长官 | 
| [42:12] | I don’t remembering ordering a taxi. | 我不记得我叫了出租车 | 
| [42:14] | You’re needed. | 我们需要你 | 
| [42:19] | The remains would appear to be those | 残肢似乎属于一位 | 
| [42:21] | of a well-nourished male in his early 20s. | 20出头 营养良好的男性 | 
| [42:25] | Left arm severed below the elbow | 左臂从胳膊肘下截断 | 
| [42:27] | with flesh at the trauma site torn. | 创口处的肉被撕掉 | 
| [42:31] | And the humerus sheared through | 肱骨被扯断 | 
| [42:34] | with portions of denuded bone remaining. | 被剥掉肉的骨头还有部分残留 | 
| [42:38] | Well! | 好了 | 
| [42:39] | This was no punting accident. | 这才不是什么船只事故 | 
| [42:42] | It wasn’t a boat propeller. | 才不是船螺旋桨 | 
| [42:44] | And it wasn’t Lizzie Borden. | 更不是斧子杀人狂 | 
| [42:47] | If I didn’t know better, | 要不是知道不太可能 | 
| [42:49] | I’d have to say these injuries | 我会说这伤 | 
| [42:51] | accord with the bite of a large mammal | 是由大型肉食目哺乳动物 | 
| [42:54] | of the order Carnivora. | 撕咬造成 | 
| [42:56] | Most likely a family Felidae, | 最可能是猫科 | 
| [42:59] | genus Panthera. | 豹属 | 
| [43:00] | A big cat? | 大猫吗 | 
| [43:02] | For the love of God. | 老天爷啊 | 
| [43:05] | I’m not saying that’s what it is. | 我不是说就是 | 
| [43:06] | I’m saying that’s what it looks like. | 我是说 看上去是的 | 
| [43:08] | There’s a difference. | 这是有差别的 | 
| [43:10] | I’ll have no part of this. | 我才不要掺和进来 | 
| [43:12] | You always were a fool, DeBryn. | 你一向这么傻 德布林 | 
| [43:18] | Just got word from County. | 刚收到郡警局的消息 | 
| [43:19] | Farmers have organized | 农民们组织了 | 
| [43:20] | some sort of hunt for first thing. | 明天一早去进行捕猎 | 
| [43:23] | Mr. Bright wants all hands on deck. | 布莱特先生要求所有人都去 | 
| [43:26] | Up for a field trip, Doctor? | 想去出外勤吗 医生 | 
| [43:28] | In a purely advisory capacity. | 完全是作为顾问 | 
| [43:39] | Hector! | 海克特 | 
| [43:41] | Where’s your brother? | 你哥哥呢 | 
| [43:48] | The locals must have got wind | 本地人肯定是听说 | 
| [43:49] | we were up here looking for Ingrid Hjort. | 我们来这里找英格丽·赫约特了 | 
| [43:51] | Is there any notion of our supposed quarry? | 知道我们在找什么吗 | 
| [43:54] | Jaguar, perhaps. | 或许是美洲豹 | 
| [43:56] | Cougar. | 美洲狮 | 
| [43:57] | They’re both crepuscular by habit. | 两者都是黄昏出没 | 
| [44:00] | And their favored hunting spots | 而且它们最喜欢在 | 
| [44:02] | usually tend to center upon a watering hole. | 水体周围狩猎 | 
| [44:05] | In Oxford? | 在牛津吗 | 
| [44:06] | Ricky Parker was killed around twilight by the river. | 瑞奇·帕克就是傍晚时 在河边被杀 | 
| [44:10] | Well, whatever it is, | 不管是什么 | 
| [44:11] | I’ve given orders it’s to be shot on sight. | 我已下令当场击毙了 | 
| [44:13] | If it’s turned from cattle to human flesh, | 如果它从吃牲畜改吃了人 | 
| [44:15] | they’ll be no going back. | 就不会再改回来了 | 
| [44:18] | Believe me, I know. | 相信我 我很清楚 | 
| [44:20] | You come across this sort of thing before, have you? | 你以前遇到过这种东西吗 | 
| [44:23] | Oh, yes. Who’s this? | 是的 这是谁 | 
| [44:25] | Oh, it’s Mr. Craven, sir. | 是克雷文先生 长官 | 
| [44:27] | He’s the land agent over at Crevecoeur. | 是科雷寇的地产经纪人 | 
| [44:29] | What’s your interest? | 你为何感兴趣 | 
| [44:31] | The woods back on to the estate. | 森林跟庄园接壤 | 
| [44:33] | His lordship asked me to keep an eye on things. | 伯爵大人让我来盯着点 | 
| [44:36] | Where was this? | 你在哪遇见的 | 
| [44:37] | In India before the war, | 战前 在印度 | 
| [44:39] | and I was a young subaltern in the colonial police. | 我年轻时 在殖民地警队里做副官 | 
| [44:42] | Not far from Pankot, | 离潘考特不远 | 
| [44:43] | where there’d been all that Thuggee business in ’35. | 1935年发生杀人越货事件的地方 | 
| [44:46] | Man-eater had been stalking the fire track | 食人兽在考特金德利到坦纳普 | 
| [44:49] | between Kot Kindri, tanakpur, | 之间的小路上 | 
| [44:53] | picking off villagers, herdsmen. | 咬死了村民 牧人 | 
| [44:57] | Children. | 孩子 | 
| [45:01] | Bad girl, altogether. | 真是凶残 | 
| [45:04] | What about you, Mr. Craven? | 那你呢 克雷文先生 | 
| [45:06] | You have much experience in that regard? | 你在这方面有很多经验吗 | 
| [45:09] | Enough to know the only thing you’re likely to bag today | 足以知道你们今天唯一的收获 | 
| [45:12] | is a wild goose. | 就是白忙活 | 
| [45:15] | Good hunting. | 狩猎愉快 | 
| [45:34] | This is a problem. | 这是个问题 | 
| [45:36] | Someone has stolen specimen from my laboratory. | 有人从我实验室里偷了样本 | 
| [45:39] | I think I know who that is. | 我觉得我知道是谁 | 
| [45:58] | All right for water, Constable? | 不缺水吧 警员 | 
| [46:01] | Yes, sir. | 是 长官 | 
| [46:02] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [46:05] | If we should encounter anything, you stay by me, yes? | 我们要是遇到了什么 你跟紧我 | 
| [46:09] | So what happened to this man-eater of yours, | 你的这个食人兽 后来怎么了 | 
| [46:13] | Chief Superintendent? | 高级警司 | 
| [46:15] | Not something I wish to dwell on, Mr. Craven. | 这事我并不想多说 克雷文先生 | 
| [46:19] | I’m sure miss would love to hear about it, hm? | 小姐肯定很想听吧 | 
| [46:22] | She’d be most impressed. | 她肯定会很赞叹的 | 
| [46:25] | Not if you don’t want to. | 您不必为难 | 
| [46:28] | No, it’s… | 不不 | 
| [46:31] | Well, myself and the local commissioner, | 我和本地的警察总监 | 
| [46:37] | McKendrick, | 麦克肯德里克 | 
| [46:41] | tracked it into the Suwar Gadh Ravine. | 追踪它到了苏瓦盖峡谷 | 
| [46:45] | The tiger had cached its kill in a wallow | 老虎把捕杀的猎物堆在了坑里 | 
| [46:49] | to keep away the hornets and blowflies, | 好避免招黄蜂和绿头苍蝇 | 
| [46:51] | so we staked it out from a machan. | 我们就在狩猎台上等着 | 
| [46:55] | Tree hide, huh? | 树屋吗 | 
| [46:57] | That’s right. | 对 | 
| [47:01] | McKendrick took first watch. | 麦克肯德里克第一轮守夜 | 
| [47:02] | He must have fallen asleep. | 他肯定是睡着了 | 
| [47:08] | First thing I knew | 我首先感到的 | 
| [47:10] | was this fearful blow to my left arm. | 是左臂被狠狠地撞了一下 | 
| [47:16] | McKendrick was being hauled down the tree | 麦克肯德里克被老虎咬着脖子 | 
| [47:18] | with his neck in the tiger’s jaws. | 往树下拽 | 
| [47:26] | Did you get it, sir? | 你打死它了吗 长官 | 
| [47:31] | Oh, yes. | 是的 | 
| [47:34] | I must have blacked out from loss of blood, | 我肯定是因为失血过多晕了过去 | 
| [47:36] | because I woke up in hospital. | 因为我是在医院醒来的 | 
| [47:40] | Yes, that was the end of | 是的 考特金德利的 | 
| [47:45] | the man-eater of Kot Kindri. | 食人兽就是这么死的 | 
| [47:50] | Sounds frightfully heroic. | 听上去非常英勇 | 
| [47:53] | No, I fear not. | 恐怕不是的 | 
| [47:55] | A hero would have saved McKendrick. | 真英雄就能救下麦克肯德里克了 | 
| [48:17] | Tells a good tale, your man, I’ll give him that. | 你们头儿真会讲故事 | 
| [48:20] | If Mr. Bright said that’s how it happened, | 布莱特先生说事情是那样的 | 
| [48:23] | that’s how it happened. | 事情就是那样的 | 
| [48:24] | What, him? | 就他 | 
| [48:26] | You’ve only got to look at him. | 看看他就知道了 | 
| [48:27] | One sniff of a man-eater, he’d be hiding under his desk. | 飘来一丝那食人兽的气味 他就会躲在桌子下面 | 
| [48:30] | You clearly don’t know Mr. Bright. | 你显然不了解布莱特先生 | 
| [48:32] | I know a man who’s all hat and no cattle when I see one. | 只会夸大其词的人 我一眼就能看穿 | 
| [48:52] | It’s in the trees. | 在树林里 | 
| [48:54] | It’s coming! | 它来了 | 
| [49:12] | Hector Lorenz. | 海克特·洛伦兹 | 
| [49:14] | So what was it? | 是怎么回事 | 
| [49:14] | Death due to massive hemorrhaging. | 大量失血而死 | 
| [49:16] | An ambush predator typically goes for the neck. | 埋伏的食肉动物一般会袭击颈部 | 
| [49:20] | No bite marks, as you can see. | 但你能看到 并无咬痕 | 
| [49:24] | He’s just been… | 他是被… | 
| [49:26] | Well… | 嗯… | 
| [49:28] | Slashed open. | 撕开了 | 
| [49:29] | Where the hell could something like that have come from? | 那样的东西会是哪来的 | 
| [49:32] | Circus, perhaps. | 马戏团吗 | 
| [49:34] | Private zoo. | 私人动物园 | 
| [49:36] | Though I think it unlikely something like that | 但我想那样的东西 | 
| [49:39] | could roam long abroad without someone seeing it. | 不可能到处游荡而不被看到 | 
| [49:42] | If it’s not a big cat, what is it? | 如果不是大猫 还能是什么 | 
| [49:44] | What else could inflict those kind of injuries? | 什么东西能造成那样的伤 | 
| [49:47] | Three or four hooked blades, perhaps. | 三四只钩刃吗 | 
| [49:50] | Aligned just so. | 而且是整齐排列的 | 
| [49:53] | Unlikely, I know, but… | 是不太可能 但… | 
| [49:57] | I’ll know more after the post-mortem. | 尸检后我会知道更多信息 | 
| [50:05] | Maybe Craven was right. | 克雷文或许是对的 | 
| [50:07] | Maybe it is a wild goose chase– | 或许这是白忙活 | 
| [50:09] | for an animal, at least. | 至少抓不住野兽 | 
| [50:11] | First his au pair, now Dr. Lorenz himself. | 先是他的互惠生 然后又是洛伦兹博士 | 
| [50:13] | That’s meant. | 这就是目的所在 | 
| [50:15] | Intentional. | 是故意的 | 
| [50:15] | There’s design behind it. | 这是设计好的 | 
| [50:17] | It’s not some random act of nature. | 并非随机的事故 | 
| [50:21] | Did he say anything? | 他说什么了吗 | 
| [50:23] | Give you any idea what had happened? | 告诉你发生什么了吗 | 
| [50:27] | He was pretty far gone. | 他基本上奄奄一息了 | 
| [50:30] | “Man-eater.” | “食人兽” | 
| [50:33] | That’s the only thing I could get out of him. | 他只说了这个 | 
| [50:35] | And then he just… | 然后他… | 
| [50:38] | Did you see anything? | 你看到什么了吗 | 
| [50:42] | I just ran. | 我就拼命跑 | 
| [50:45] | All right. | 没事了 | 
| [50:47] | Don’t distress yourself. | 别难过了 | 
| [50:48] | Come on. | 来 | 
| [50:56] | What was Dr. Lorenz doing out there, anyway? | 洛伦兹博士为什么会去那儿 | 
| [50:59] | He’d been up to Crevecoeur, sir, | 他刚去过科雷寇 长官 | 
| [51:00] | and left his briefcase there. | 把公文包落下了 | 
| [51:02] | His lordship sent the boy out there after him. | 伯爵便派那小伙子去追他 | 
| [51:05] | Why would he go into the woods at all | 既然他是去科雷寇办事 | 
| [51:07] | if his business is at Crevecoeur? | 又何必进树林 | 
| [51:10] | What did Dr. Lorenz want to see you about? | 洛伦兹博士来找你是为什么事 | 
| [51:13] | Certain specimens had disappeared from his laboratory. | 他的实验室丢了一些样本 | 
| [51:17] | And what business would that be of yours? | 这跟你有什么关系 | 
| [51:19] | Dr. Lorenz was the Mortmaigne Chair. | 洛伦兹博士是莫梅恩基金会主席 | 
| [51:21] | The family have donated generously to the university over the years, | 家族这些年来一直都慷慨地捐助大学 | 
| [51:24] | but lately, we’ve been funding his research. | 但我们近来都在赞助他的研究 | 
| [51:26] | Into what? | 研究什么 | 
| [51:27] | A breeding program for endangered species. | 濒危物种的育种项目 | 
| [51:30] | Exploring the possibilities of artificial insemination. | 研究人工授精的可能性 | 
| [51:34] | It’s expensive work. | 这研究非常昂贵 | 
| [51:35] | Opening the park will bring in vital revenue. | 开放公园能带来重要收入 | 
| [51:37] | Opening the park? | 开放公园 | 
| [51:40] | I plan to turn Crevecoeur into a natural reserve. | 我打算把科雷寇改造成自然保护区 | 
| [51:43] | A safari park? | 野游公园 | 
| [51:45] | Are there any wild animals at Crevecoeur now? | 科雷寇内现在有任何野生动物吗 | 
| [51:47] | No. | 没有 | 
| [51:49] | My parents liked to keep one or two cubs about the place | 我小时候我父母喜欢在这里养 | 
| [51:51] | when we were young. | 一两只幼崽 | 
| [51:52] | What sort of cubs? | 什么的幼崽 | 
| [51:54] | Lion, tiger, cheetah… | 狮子 老虎 猎豹 | 
| [51:57] | A panther, once. | 有次还养了只黑豹 | 
| [51:59] | But they were all reintroduced into the wild a long time ago. | 但那些都很久以前就放归自然了 | 
| [52:02] | What’s all this? | 怎么回事 | 
| [52:06] | There’s been some sort of accident | 出了事故 | 
| [52:09] | up in the woods. | 在森林那边 | 
| [52:15] | It’s… | 是… | 
| [52:18] | Hector Lorenz. | 海克特·洛伦兹 | 
| [52:20] | I’m afraid he’s been killed. | 他遇害了 | 
| [52:22] | But he can’t be. | 那不可能 | 
| [52:24] | I was only talking to him this morning. | 我今早才跟他说过话 | 
| [52:27] | What happened? “An accident”? | 发生什么了 “事故”吗 | 
| [52:28] | We’re keeping an open mind, miss, | 我们还未下结论 小姐 | 
| [52:30] | but it may have been an animal that attacked him. | 但他可能是遭到了动物袭击 | 
| [52:34] | A big cat. | 大猫 | 
| [52:35] | They’re mistaken, of course. | 他们肯定是错了 | 
| [52:38] | George? | 乔治 | 
| [52:40] | George… | 乔治 | 
| [52:41] | Perhaps you should see about fetching the officers some tea. | 要不你去给警官们端点茶来吧 | 
| [52:55] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 | 
| [52:56] | I didn’t like to get into it in front of George, | 我不想当着乔治的面说 | 
| [52:58] | but there’s a reason we got rid of the big cats. | 但我们送走那些大猫是有原因的 | 
| [53:03] | She was mauled quite badly when she was younger | 她年轻一些时 被严重袭击了 | 
| [53:07] | by Brutus, one of the Bengals. | 被其中一只孟加拉虎 布鲁特斯 | 
| [53:09] | A juvenile. | 它当时还是幼兽 | 
| [53:10] | What about escapes? | 有逃跑的吗 | 
| [53:12] | These cubs. | 这些幼崽 | 
| [53:14] | There’s been reports of a wild animal | 野生动物叼走牲畜的事 | 
| [53:15] | taking livestock for some years now. | 已经发生好几年了 | 
| [53:17] | The Beast of Binsey? | 宾西野兽吗 | 
| [53:19] | That’s just folklore. | 那只是传说 | 
| [53:20] | Four legs or two, | 不管是动物还是人 | 
| [53:21] | it was something more than folklore | 杀死洛伦兹博士的 | 
| [53:23] | that killed Dr. Lorenz. | 可不是传说 | 
| [53:25] | It could just as easily have been someone | 也完全可能是有人 | 
| [53:28] | rather than something | 而不是动物 | 
| [53:29] | hiding in the woods to waylay him. | 躲在林子里埋伏了他 | 
| [53:31] | Well, whoever or whatever it was, | 不管那是谁 或什么 | 
| [53:35] | it’s nothing to do with anyone here. | 都跟这里的人无关 | 
| [53:38] | I’ve made a request of Division for assistance | 我已向警部申请了援助 | 
| [53:40] | from the territorials to contain the area. | 请地方自卫队调兵来封锁这一带 | 
| [53:42] | No one in or out until we know what we’re dealing with. | 我们不搞清楚是怎么回事 不许任何人进出 | 
| [53:45] | Man or beast, too many people have died already. | 不管是人是兽 现在已经死太多人了 | 
| [53:47] | Sir. | 是 长官 | 
| [53:49] | I’ve got his briefcase. | 我找到他公文包了 | 
| [53:51] | Uniform found this not far from the body. | 巡警在离尸体不远处发现了这个 | 
| [53:53] | It’s Park Department issue. | 是公园部配发的 | 
| [53:55] | Could be Hodges, couldn’t it? | 可能是霍奇斯 是吧 | 
| [53:57] | Maybe he used it to bury Ingrid Hjork. | 或许他用这个埋了英格丽·赫约特 | 
| [54:01] | Let’s have him brought in. | 把他抓来 | 
| [54:02] | You better stay and take formal statements from the family, | 你留下 为今早见过他的家里人 | 
| [54:04] | and anyone here that saw him this morning. | 和其他人录口供 | 
| [54:06] | We’ll talk to Lorenz’s colleagues at the science park, | 我们去找洛伦兹在单位的同事谈谈 | 
| [54:08] | see if they can shed any light. | 看他们是否知道 | 
| [54:14] | It has your father’s blessing, the park? | 这公园你父亲赞成吗 | 
| [54:16] | As much as anything. | 他对我的赞成一向不过如此吧 | 
| [54:18] | It’s all very well being the spare, | 做个闲人也不错 | 
| [54:21] | but one has to do something with one’s time. | 但人总得找事做 | 
| [54:24] | How was it you came to send Philip after Dr. Lorenz? | 你怎么会派菲利普去追洛伦兹博士 | 
| [54:27] | First person I bumped into. | 正好撞见他了 | 
| [54:29] | Said he saw him heading into the Heartwood. | 他说看到他进赫特森林了 | 
| [54:31] | And where did you find his case? | 你在哪找到他公文包的 | 
| [54:33] | I didn’t. | 不是我 | 
| [54:34] | Julia did. | 是茱莉娅 | 
| [54:35] | I’ll need to speak to her. | 我得找她谈谈 | 
| [54:37] | And Georgina too. | 还有乔治娜 | 
| [54:38] | Is that really necessary? | 真有必要吗 | 
| [54:40] | They’ve both had a lot to cope with, | 她们都很难接受 | 
| [54:41] | one way or another. | 不管怎么说 | 
| [54:43] | Such as? | 怎么说 | 
| [54:45] | George you know about, but… | 乔治你已经知道了 | 
| [54:48] | Julia’s husband died. | 茱莉娅的丈夫死了 | 
| [54:50] | A boating accident on the honeymoon. | 蜜月时 船只事故 | 
| [54:53] | I really would sooner you didn’t trouble them. | 我真的更希望你别去打扰她们 | 
| [54:56] | That’s what we do, I’m afraid. | 恐怕这是我们的职责 | 
| [55:03] | What did you make of him? | 你怎么看他 | 
| [55:05] | Dr. Lorenz? | 洛伦兹博士 | 
| [55:06] | I thought that he was using Guy. | 我觉得他在利用盖 | 
| [55:10] | Using my family’s money. | 利用我家族的钱 | 
| [55:12] | It was always going to end badly for him. | 他本就不会有好结局 | 
| [55:15] | We’re bad blood, the Mortmaignes. | 我们是坏血脉 莫梅恩家族 | 
| [55:18] | Rotten, | 腐烂 | 
| [55:20] | through and through. | 坏透了 | 
| [55:22] | Do you count yourself amongst that? | 你也算上你自己了吗 | 
| [55:23] | Of course. | 当然 | 
| [55:25] | I must be bad, mustn’t I? | 我肯定很坏 是吧 | 
| [55:28] | I’ve been punished enough. | 我也受了不少惩罚 | 
| [55:31] | Your husband? | 你丈夫吗 | 
| [55:34] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 | 
| [55:35] | Tragic as it was, | 那虽然悲剧 | 
| [55:37] | it was an accident, not divine judgment. | 但仍是个意外 并非上天的审判 | 
| [55:41] | I thought, | 我爱上他时 | 
| [55:45] | when I fell in love… | 还以为 | 
| [55:47] | …that it would be some kind of fresh start. | 我可以重新开始 | 
| [55:53] | The slate wiped clean. | 一切归零 | 
| [55:57] | All sins forgiven. | 一切罪孽得到原谅 | 
| [55:59] | But there can be no absolution | 但没有经过真正的悔过 | 
| [56:03] | without true contrition. | 就不可能获得赦免 | 
| [56:05] | Why? | 怎么说 | 
| [56:06] | What do you need to atone for? | 你需要为什么赎罪 | 
| [56:10] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 | 
| [56:13] | You know, I’ve tried to be good. | 我努力做好人了 | 
| [56:16] | But… | 但 | 
| [56:19] | Must just be | 肯定还是 | 
| [56:22] | something inside of me. | 我骨子里的问题 | 
| [56:29] | After she got out the car, | 她下车后 | 
| [56:30] | I sat there for a bit, watching the sun go down. | 我在那里坐了会儿 看日落 | 
| [56:37] | And then | 然后 | 
| [56:40] | I heard a scream. | 我听到了一声尖叫 | 
| [56:43] | It was horrible. | 好可怕 | 
| [56:47] | I went to see if she was all right, | 我去看她是否还好 | 
| [56:49] | so I got the shovel out of the boot | 于是我从车后箱取出铲子 | 
| [56:52] | to protect myself. | 好自卫 | 
| [56:55] | Only with the dark and everything, | 但因为天太黑 | 
| [56:56] | I panicked, I suppose. | 我大概是慌了吧 | 
| [56:59] | I must have stumbled and lost the shovel. | 我肯定是绊了一下 把铲子丢了 | 
| [57:01] | Yeah. | 嗯 | 
| [57:03] | A likely story. | 真是可能呢 | 
| [57:06] | You see, the earl liked to hunt. | 伯爵喜欢狩猎 | 
| [57:08] | That’s my business: big game. | 那就是我负责的 大型猎物 | 
| [57:11] | Hector Lorenz disapproves, and we never saw eye to eye. | 海克特·洛伦兹不赞成 我们一向关系不好 | 
| [57:16] | What happened to the Bengal that mauled Georgina? | 伤了乔治娜的那只孟加拉虎后来怎么了 | 
| [57:19] | Destroyed. | 处理了 | 
| [57:21] | A man called Goggins was in charge when she got attacked. | 她遇袭时 负责的人叫高金斯 | 
| [57:24] | I was in Freetown at the time. | 我当时在弗里镇 | 
| [57:27] | The way I heard it, | 我听说 | 
| [57:29] | the earl took them both up to the woods, | 伯爵把他俩都带进了林子里 | 
| [57:31] | he shot the tiger, | 打死了老虎 | 
| [57:33] | and then he told Goggins | 然后告诉高金斯 | 
| [57:34] | he’d get the same if he ever showed his face at Crevecoeur again. | 他再有脸来科雷寇 等待他的是同样的命运 | 
| [57:37] | This Goggins, would you have an address for him? | 这个高金斯 你知道他的地址吗 | 
| [57:40] | Six years ago. | 都六年了 | 
| [57:45] | I’ll see what I can find. | 我尽量吧 | 
| [57:49] | I know what I heard. | 我知道我听到了什么 | 
| [57:52] | There was someone else out there in the woods. | 那林子里有别人 | 
| [57:54] | Come on. | 得了 | 
| [57:55] | First, you’d never seen her. | 你先是说根本没见过她 | 
| [57:56] | Then when we found out she got in to your car, | 然后我们查到她上了你的车 | 
| [57:58] | you admit you’d given her a lift. | 你又承认你送了她一程 | 
| [58:00] | You told us you dropped her off and drove home. | 你说你把她送到就回家了 | 
| [58:02] | Now you’re telling us you got out of the car | 现在你又说 你还下了车 | 
| [58:04] | and went looking for her with a shovel. | 拿着把铲子去找过她 | 
| [58:08] | You know what I think? | 你知道我怎么想吗 | 
| [58:10] | I think you went after her with your shovel | 我觉得你拿着铲子去找她 | 
| [58:11] | because you didn’t plan on making the same mistake | 是因为你不想再犯桑德拉·乔丹 | 
| [58:13] | you made with Sandra Jordan. | 那样的错误 | 
| [58:17] | What mistake? | 什么错误 | 
| [58:19] | You left her alive. | 你留了她一条命 | 
| [58:24] | You can’t prove any of this. | 你无法证明 | 
| [58:26] | We will. | 早晚能 | 
| [58:29] | Believe me. | 相信我 | 
| [58:43] | Have you come to pray? | 你是来祈祷的吗 | 
| [58:46] | Uh, not today. | 今天就不了 | 
| [58:56] | I’m praying for the holy land. | 我在为圣地祈祷 | 
| [58:58] | They’re bombing Galilee. | 他们在轰炸加利利 | 
| [59:00] | Does Dr. Lorenz get a mention in dispatches? | 也顺道提洛伦兹博士了吗 | 
| [59:04] | He used to come away with us when we were younger. | 我们年轻一些时 他会跟我们一起玩 | 
| [59:07] | We all had the most hopeless crush on him for a while. | 我们有一阵都特别喜欢他 | 
| [59:10] | Me, Julia, even Mummy, | 我 茱莉娅 甚至妈妈 | 
| [59:13] | which Papa found desperately amusing. | 爸爸觉得这特别好笑 | 
| [59:15] | Your brother told me about the tiger. | 你哥哥跟我说了老虎的事 | 
| [59:21] | You must have been very frightened. | 你当时肯定很害怕 | 
| [59:22] | You’d think. | 按说是这样 | 
| [59:24] | Truth is, I don’t remember much about it. | 可其实 我不怎么记得了 | 
| [59:26] | Just being knocked down | 只记得被撞倒 | 
| [59:28] | and feeling wet. | 和摸到湿漉漉的 | 
| [59:29] | Blood, I suppose. | 可能是血吧 | 
| [59:33] | It only hurt later. | 之后才疼的 | 
| [59:36] | But he didn’t mean it. | 但它不是有意的 | 
| [59:38] | He was only playing. | 它只是在玩 | 
| [59:39] | – Playing? – Of course. | -玩 -是的 | 
| [59:40] | If Brutus had wanted to kill me, he would have. | 布鲁特斯如果真想杀我 我早没命了 | 
| [59:43] | Besides, it was my fault. | 再说 也是怪我 | 
| [59:46] | I must have done something. | 我肯定是做了什么 | 
| [59:48] | If you tease a cat, | 如果你逗猫 | 
| [59:49] | don’t be surprised if you get scratched. | 就别因为被猫挠而意外 | 
| [59:52] | We saw very little of our parents after that. | 那之后我们就不怎么见得到爸妈了 | 
| [59:55] | Where is the earl? | 伯爵去哪了 | 
| [59:56] | Nairobi. | 内罗比[肯尼亚] | 
| [59:57] | He’s happy there. | 他在那里很开心 | 
| [59:59] | Mummy lives in Rome | 妈妈住在罗马 | 
| [1:00:01] | to be near to the Holy Father. | 好靠近教皇 | 
| [1:00:04] | You see, it really was my fault. | 你瞧 那都是我的错 | 
| [1:00:08] | Daddy had to shoot him. | 爸爸不得不打死了它 | 
| [1:00:10] | And he did love Brutus so. | 他是爱布鲁特斯的 | 
| [1:00:14] | Broke his heart, I think. | 这让他心碎了吧 | 
| [1:00:19] | Think he really shot it? | 他真打死它了吗 | 
| [1:00:21] | Six years ago? | 都六年了 | 
| [1:00:23] | You can’t keep a tiger hidden all that time | 不可能把一只老虎关那么久 | 
| [1:00:25] | and nobody know about it. | 而不被发现 | 
| [1:00:27] | So what about the screams that Hodges heard? | 那霍奇斯听到的尖叫是怎么回事 | 
| [1:00:29] | That was Ingrid, wasn’t it? | 那是英格丽吧 | 
| [1:00:31] | He’s lying. | 他在撒谎 | 
| [1:00:33] | For my money, he attacked Sandra Jordan | 我敢赌 他袭击了桑德拉·乔丹 | 
| [1:00:35] | and did for Ingrid too. | 还杀了英格丽 | 
| [1:00:37] | So it was a coincidence that Dr. Lorenz was killed | 那么洛伦兹博士和他的互惠生 | 
| [1:00:40] | in the same place as his au pair? | 在同一地点被杀是巧合吗 | 
| [1:00:43] | Maybe. | 可能吧 | 
| [1:00:44] | Well, what about Dr. Moxem and the Parker boy? | 那默克瑟姆博士和那个帕克呢 | 
| [1:00:47] | Where do they fit in? | 他们又怎么说 | 
| [1:00:48] | There’s two possibilities, | 有两种可能 | 
| [1:00:50] | either there’s a tiger roaming Oxfordshire | 要么牛津郡有只老虎 | 
| [1:00:52] | killing people at random, | 在随机杀人 | 
| [1:00:53] | or somebody wants us to think there is. | 要么有人在误导我们这么想 | 
| [1:02:39] | There’s a brew there. | 给你端了杯茶 | 
| [1:02:42] | Tea cake on the side. | 旁边还放了茶点 | 
| [1:02:45] | Mom should go away more often. | 你妈该经常出门了 | 
| [1:02:47] | Is everything all right? | 你没事吧 | 
| [1:02:49] | Sat in the dark. | 黑灯瞎火坐着 | 
| [1:02:52] | Oh, just work, you know. | 就是工作的事 | 
| [1:02:57] | Some things get you more than others. | 有些案子让你格外难受 | 
| [1:03:01] | Everything all right with you? | 你一切都好吗 | 
| [1:03:03] | Me? | 我吗 | 
| [1:03:05] | We don’t get to talk much. | 我们都不怎么谈了 | 
| [1:03:08] | Hard to get a word in with your mom and Joan around. | 你妈和琼在时也不好跟你说上话 | 
| [1:03:11] | I know. | 是啊 | 
| [1:03:13] | It’s funny. | 有意思 | 
| [1:03:13] | There’s never enough time | 总是没时间说 | 
| [1:03:16] | to say the things you mean to. | 那些你想说的话 | 
| [1:03:21] | That you should. | 你该说的话 | 
| [1:03:22] | The important things. | 重要的话 | 
| [1:03:23] | The things that matter. | 要紧的话 | 
| [1:03:28] | I’m proud of you, you know that? | 我为你骄傲 你知道吗 | 
| [1:03:33] | When is it you go off on your basic? | 你什么时候去参加基本训练 | 
| [1:03:35] | End of the month. | 月底 | 
| [1:03:37] | That soon? | 那么快吗 | 
| [1:03:38] | Army. | 从军 | 
| [1:03:41] | Sure it’s what you want? | 真是你想要的吗 | 
| [1:03:43] | See the world. | 见识世界 | 
| [1:03:47] | I always thought you’d end up in some cushy number. | 我总以为你会找个好差事 | 
| [1:03:49] | Clerical, 9:00 to 5:00. | 办事员 朝九晚五 | 
| [1:03:52] | Somewhere where you could wear a clean shirt every day. | 可以每天穿件干净衬衣 | 
| [1:03:59] | Football’s on. | 足球开始了 | 
| [1:04:00] | Is it? | 是吗 | 
| [1:04:00] | Highlights. | 集锦 | 
| [1:04:02] | Oh, I’ll come through. | 那我过去 | 
| [1:04:03] | Well, you don’t have to, not if you’ve stuff to do. | 没事的 如果你还有事要忙 | 
| [1:04:07] | This with work… | 工作的事 | 
| [1:04:09] | Whatever it is, | 不管是什么 | 
| [1:04:11] | you’ll get him. | 你肯定能抓到他 | 
| [1:04:13] | Will I? | 是吗 | 
| [1:04:15] | Of course. | 当然 | 
| [1:04:17] | You’re my dad. | 你是我爸爸 | 
| [1:04:38] | Thought we might have a ponder. | 想跟你一起琢磨下案子 | 
| [1:04:39] | Come in. | 进来吧 | 
| [1:04:46] | Dr. Lorenz, isn’t it? | 洛伦兹博士 是吧 | 
| [1:04:47] | It’s taken from a box of slides I found at his house. | 是我在他家发现的一盒幻灯片 | 
| [1:04:50] | It’s a safari he was on with the Mortmaignes. | 是他跟莫梅恩家一起去的一次野游 | 
| [1:04:53] | Craven is there too. | 克雷文也去了 | 
| [1:04:55] | When was this? | 这什么时候 | 
| [1:04:56] | It’s undated. | 没写日期 | 
| [1:04:57] | Two or three years ago. | 两三年前吧 | 
| [1:04:59] | Don’t mind the, uh… | 别介意… | 
| [1:05:00] | You’ll have to get an au pair. | 你该找个互惠生 | 
| [1:05:04] | You still think that was the park keeper? | 你还觉得是公园管理员干的吗 | 
| [1:05:05] | For the women? | 那些女人吗 | 
| [1:05:07] | Aye, it’s him all right. | 对 就是他 | 
| [1:05:12] | – Cheers. – Cheers. | -干杯 -干杯 | 
| [1:05:15] | Maybe there’s two cases there | 或许现在有两件案子 | 
| [1:05:16] | and one’s getting in the way of the other. | 互相干扰了 | 
| [1:05:18] | I’d wondered that. | 我也想过 | 
| [1:05:21] | Now, Dr. Lorenz’s injuries. | 洛伦兹博士的伤 | 
| [1:05:24] | If it wasn’t a big cat… | 如果不是大猫 | 
| [1:05:27] | Ever heard of the Leopard Man of West Africa? | 听说过《西非豹人》吗 | 
| [1:05:30] | Didn’t come up much down Petticoat Lane, no. | 没怎么在市集上听人说过 | 
| [1:05:32] | It’s a cult. | 是个邪教 | 
| [1:05:34] | Reached its height about 20 years ago in Nigeria and Sierra Leone. | 大概20年前在尼日利亚和塞拉利昂达到了巅峰 | 
| [1:05:37] | Over 100 deaths. | 超过百起死亡 | 
| [1:05:38] | Murders, you mean? | 凶杀吗 | 
| [1:05:40] | Performed by an executioner called the Batti Yelli | 都是被仪式刽子手所杀 | 
| [1:05:43] | who dresses in a leopard skin robe and mask. | 他会穿上豹皮袍 戴上面具 | 
| [1:05:46] | Then the chosen victim is slashed and mauled to death | 被选中的受害者 会被用仪式性钢爪 | 
| [1:05:49] | using a ceremonial steel claw. | 抓挠至死 | 
| [1:05:53] | You want me to go into Mr. Bright’s office | 你要我去找布莱特先生 | 
| [1:05:55] | and tell him there’s a West African leopard cult operating in Oxford? | 告诉他牛津现在有一个西非豹子邪教吗 | 
| [1:05:58] | No. | 不是 | 
| [1:06:00] | But maybe whoever killed Lorenz has read about them, | 但或许杀洛伦兹的人 也读过这个 | 
| [1:06:05] | or has some direct knowledge of them. | 或是直接了解这事 | 
| [1:06:08] | Or maybe they’ve been to Africa. | 或是去过非洲 | 
| [1:06:13] | Craven? | 克雷文吗 | 
| [1:06:14] | Or Guy Mortmaigne. | 或是盖·莫梅恩 | 
| [1:06:16] | Why not the women? | 为什么不怀疑女人 | 
| [1:06:18] | No, I can’t see it. | 我觉得不会 | 
| [1:06:20] | Even with this ceremonial claw, | 即便用这种仪式性钢爪 | 
| [1:06:23] | I can’t see either of them having the strength to wield it. | 我也无法想象她俩有力量挥动它 | 
| [1:06:25] | Not to inflict the kind of injuries that Dr. Lorenz had. | 不可能造成洛伦兹博士受的那种伤 | 
| [1:06:31] | Oh, I don’t know. | 我也不知道 | 
| [1:06:35] | But I’ve got a feeling that somehow | 但我有感觉 不知怎么 | 
| [1:06:36] | Crevecoeur is at the heart of it. | 科雷寇是此事的中心 | 
| [1:06:43] | The only thing that appears to be missing | 看起来 实验室丢的 | 
| [1:06:45] | from the laboratory is a vial of musk. | 只有一小瓶麝香 | 
| [1:06:49] | There’s a chap called Challer in India. | 印度有个人叫查勒 | 
| [1:06:51] | According to the boffins, he’s been developing a theory | 研究员们说 他在研究一种理论 | 
| [1:06:54] | that when a tigress comes into season, | 认为母老虎在发情期 | 
| [1:06:56] | she marks her territory | 会标记领地 | 
| [1:06:58] | by spraying the area with a distinctive scent | 在周边喷上一种特别气味 | 
| [1:07:01] | to show that she’s receptive to mating. | 以此表示自己愿意交配 | 
| [1:07:03] | And that’s this musk, is it? | 就是这种麝香吗 | 
| [1:07:06] | Well, does it have any commercial value? | 它有商业价值吗 | 
| [1:07:08] | Not according to Dr. Lorenz’s colleagues. | 据洛伦兹博士的同事说没有 | 
| [1:07:11] | Purely of scientific interest. | 只有科学价值 | 
| [1:07:14] | Yes. | 好 | 
| [1:07:17] | That’s first-rate work, Constable. | 干得太好了 警员 | 
| [1:07:23] | DS Strange. | 斯特兰奇警长 | 
| [1:07:24] | Anything further on this Goggins character? | 这个高金斯还查到什么了吗 | 
| [1:07:26] | Not yet, sir. | 还没有 长官 | 
| [1:07:27] | It’s his sister’s number we got. | 我们只查到他妹妹的号码 | 
| [1:07:28] | She’s at work. | 她在上班 | 
| [1:07:29] | We left her a message to give us a call when she got back. | 我们给她留了言让她到家后回电话 | 
| [1:07:32] | Matey, it’s for you. | 伙计 找你的 | 
| [1:07:34] | Bloke called Turnbull. | 一个叫特布尔的人 | 
| [1:07:46] | I found this last night, | 我昨晚找到了这个 | 
| [1:07:49] | down the back of the ladies’ lav. | 就在女卫生间后面 | 
| [1:07:52] | The money’s all there. | 钱都在里面 | 
| [1:07:53] | Must have fallen out of her pocket or handbag. | 肯定是从她口袋或者手提包里掉出来的 | 
| [1:07:59] | We square, then? | 我们扯平了吧 | 
| [1:08:01] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [1:08:02] | We’re square. | 扯平了 | 
| [1:08:04] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 | 
| [1:08:15] | She’d been very upset a couple of months ago in class. | 几个月前她在课上显得忧心忡忡 | 
| [1:08:18] | I gave her my number in case she wanted to talk. | 我就给了她我的电话 以防她想找人谈谈 | 
| [1:08:21] | And did she? | 那她找你了吗 | 
| [1:08:22] | We met for a coffee in town. | 我们一起去城里喝了杯咖啡 | 
| [1:08:24] | She was having problems with her employer. | 她和她的雇主之间出了点问题 | 
| [1:08:25] | What sort of problems? | 哪方面的问题 | 
| [1:08:26] | Some previous au pair he tried to give the brush off. | 他想打发走的一名前互惠生 | 
| [1:08:30] | She saw him out somewhere with Ingrid | 在外面看到他和英格丽在一起 | 
| [1:08:32] | and got hold of the wrong end of the stick. | 就产生了误会 | 
| [1:08:35] | Why was Ingrid upset about that? | 英格丽为什么会被这件事困扰 | 
| [1:08:38] | She came up to Ingrid in the street | 那名互惠生在街上拦住英格丽 | 
| [1:08:39] | and told her she was going to write to her parents | 说要给她父母写信 | 
| [1:08:41] | and tell them what was going on. | 告诉他们这一切 | 
| [1:08:43] | But what was going on? | 告诉他们什么 | 
| [1:08:47] | They were lovers. | 他们是恋人 | 
| [1:08:50] | But Ingrid was going to call it off. | 但英格丽本来已经打算跟他分手 | 
| [1:08:53] | And it was Dr. Lorenz who telephoned the night school | 是洛伦兹博士在她失踪的那天晚上 | 
| [1:08:55] | the evening she went missing. | 给夜校打了电话 | 
| [1:08:56] | She told me on the way over to the pub. | 她在去酒吧的路上告诉我了 | 
| [1:08:58] | You should have said something sooner. | 你应该早点告诉我们 | 
| [1:09:04] | Better late than never. | 不过晚说总比不说强 | 
| [1:09:07] | DC Morse will see you out. | 摩斯警员会送你出去 | 
| [1:09:15] | Just got off the blower with the Taffs. | 刚跟卡迪夫那边通过电话 | 
| [1:09:18] | Just thought I’d run Hodges’s alibi past them. | 想和他们确认一下霍奇斯的不在场证明 | 
| [1:09:21] | That first week in June ’63, | 1963年6月的第一周 | 
| [1:09:23] | he was supposed to be in Porthcawl with his wife. | 他不是说和妻子在波斯考尔吗 | 
| [1:09:25] | There was a fire at the caravan park late May. | 但其实五月底 房车营地发生了火灾 | 
| [1:09:29] | Place was closed for safety reasons. | 出于安全考虑 那地方关闭了 | 
| [1:09:32] | Right. | 知道了 | 
| [1:09:35] | No empties. | 没有空瓶 | 
| [1:10:05] | Did you make the off-license? | 你去外卖酒水店了吗 | 
| [1:10:09] | You told DI Thursday when you bumped into Ingrid | 你告诉瑟斯戴督察 你遇到英格丽时 | 
| [1:10:11] | you were taking back some empties. | 正准备去还空瓶 | 
| [1:10:13] | No. No, I forgot all about it. | 没有 我给忘了 | 
| [1:10:16] | Would have been too late by then anyway. | 反正那时候也已经太晚了 | 
| [1:10:18] | Old Tom was chiming 10:00 | 我回到城里时 | 
| [1:10:20] | by the time I got back into town. | 已经敲十点的钟了 | 
| [1:10:22] | Which off-license was it? | 你去的是哪家酒水店 | 
| [1:10:24] | Marshall’s. | 马歇尔 | 
| [1:10:28] | On the Banbury Road? | 班伯里路的那家吗 | 
| [1:10:29] | Yes, what of it? | 是啊 怎么了 | 
| [1:10:30] | What DC Morse is getting at is that it was an odd route | 摩斯警员想说的是 你要是从公园 | 
| [1:10:33] | you were taking from the park to Marshall’s. | 去马歇尔酒水店 那走的路线很奇怪 | 
| [1:10:35] | To have bumped into Ingrid, | 如果你遇见了英格丽 | 
| [1:10:38] | you would have had to have been traveling | 只能是朝着与目的地 | 
| [1:10:39] | in the opposite direction to where you wanted to go. | 完全相反的方向行进的 | 
| [1:10:41] | Look, you can twist it any way you like. | 随你们怎么歪曲事实吧 | 
| [1:10:43] | I didn’t touch her. | 反正我没碰过她 | 
| [1:10:47] | And there’s no way you can prove that I did. | 而且你们也无法证明我碰过她 | 
| [1:10:50] | Can’t prove it. | 无法证明 | 
| [1:10:54] | Can’t prove it. | 无法证明 | 
| [1:10:57] | Can’t prove it? | 无法证明 | 
| [1:10:59] | Can’t prove it?! | 无法证明 | 
| [1:11:00] | Sir, sir! | 长官 长官 | 
| [1:11:01] | Get off! | 放开我 | 
| [1:11:05] | Get him off me! | 让他放开我 | 
| [1:11:06] | Come on! | 起来啊 | 
| [1:11:08] | – Sir. – Come on! | -长官 -来啊 | 
| [1:11:10] | All right, all right! | 好了 好了 | 
| [1:11:11] | I’ll tell you whatever you want to know! | 你想知道什么我都说 | 
| [1:11:14] | Get him out of here! | 把他带出去 | 
| [1:11:20] | Has he said anything? | 他说什么了吗 | 
| [1:11:22] | No. | 没有 | 
| [1:11:26] | Should have seen it coming. | 我早该预料到的 | 
| [1:11:27] | He’s not been right since Blenheim Vale. | 自从布伦纳姆谷事件后他就一直不对劲 | 
| [1:11:31] | Hodges has put his hands up to it. | 霍奇斯招供了 | 
| [1:11:34] | He admits attacking Sandra Jordan. | 他承认袭击了桑德拉·乔丹 | 
| [1:11:38] | What about Ingrid? | 英格丽呢 | 
| [1:11:42] | The FME is getting him patched up now. | 警队体检医生正在给他包扎 | 
| [1:12:01] | Why? | 为什么 | 
| [1:12:04] | He was laughing at us. | 他在嘲笑我们 | 
| [1:12:08] | I’ve had 30 years of bastards like that | 30年来我一直在忍受这些 | 
| [1:12:10] | grinning and getting away with it. | 狞笑着逃脱法网的混蛋 | 
| [1:12:11] | Well, not this time. | 这次我可不忍了 | 
| [1:12:14] | Could have been my Joan in that hospital bed. | 躺在病床上的也可能是我家琼 | 
| [1:12:16] | Strange found evidence at his hut. | 斯特兰奇在他的屋子里发现了证据 | 
| [1:12:18] | A pair of knickers with Sandra Jordan’s initials | 一条女性内裤 洗衣签上 | 
| [1:12:21] | written on the wash tag. | 有桑德拉·乔丹的姓名首字母 | 
| [1:12:22] | Length of rope in his glove compartment. | 汽车杂物箱里放着一段绳索 | 
| [1:12:24] | You could have had him, | 你本可以按规章制度 | 
| [1:12:26] | clean and by the book! | 合法拿下他的 | 
| [1:12:31] | There are no bad men, Thursday. | 这世上没有坏人 瑟斯戴 | 
| [1:12:34] | Only bad officers. | 只有不合格的警官 | 
| [1:12:45] | Hodges fell down the steps | 霍奇斯在回牢房的路上 | 
| [1:12:49] | on the way back to his cell. | 不小心从楼梯上摔了下来 | 
| [1:13:01] | – Sir… – That’ll be my report. | -长官 -我会这样报告 | 
| [1:13:02] | There isn’t a man in the station who will gainsay it. | 警局里没有人会反驳我的说法 | 
| [1:13:04] | But you need to get home, you need to rest, | 但你得回家好好休息 | 
| [1:13:06] | you need to keep your check-ups. | 并按时做复查 | 
| [1:13:07] | There’s nothing they can do, they told me. | 他们说了 他们无能为力 | 
| [1:13:09] | – It’s too close to the heart. – Listen… | -离心脏太近了 -听着 | 
| [1:13:10] | I’m all right day to day… | 我平日里不会有事 | 
| [1:13:11] | We’ve managed to bring Goggin’s sister to ground. | 我们设法联系到高金斯的妹妹了 | 
| [1:13:14] | We’ve got an address for him. | 我们查到他的地址了 | 
| [1:13:41] | We sure this is it? | 确定是这里吗 | 
| [1:13:42] | This is Goggins’ last known address, | 这是高金斯的最后已知地址 | 
| [1:13:44] | according to his sister. | 是他妹妹给的 | 
| [1:13:47] | Sir? | 长官 | 
| [1:13:51] | Sir. | 长官 | 
| [1:13:58] | Goggins? | 高金斯吗 | 
| [1:14:01] | It’s Goggins, all right. | 的确是高金斯 | 
| [1:14:32] | He’s had a tiger here. | 他养了只老虎 | 
| [1:14:35] | It’s hardly big enough to house a dog in. | 这点地方养狗都嫌小 | 
| [1:14:40] | Poor creature must have been driven half-mad. | 那可怜的家伙肯定被逼得半疯了 | 
| [1:14:43] | He’s come out to feed it | 他出来喂它 | 
| [1:14:45] | and forgotten to latch the door properly. | 却忘记把门锁好了 | 
| [1:14:50] | Ingrid was wearing something like that, wasn’t she? | 英格丽就穿了这样的衣服 是吧 | 
| [1:14:58] | The tiger’s dragged her back here. | 老虎把她拖回了这里 | 
| [1:15:00] | What it could carry. | 它能叼回来的部分 | 
| [1:15:03] | Why the hell would you want to keep a tiger in here? | 为什么要在这里养老虎呢 | 
| [1:15:07] | How could he afford to feed it, for one thing? | 就说他怎么养得起呢 | 
| [1:15:10] | I don’t think he did. | 我觉得不是他 | 
| [1:15:18] | I think he was keeping it for someone who could afford it. | 我觉得他是在为养得起的人养 | 
| [1:15:23] | That vial of musk taken from the animal research center, | 那瓶被从动物研究中心偷走的麝香 | 
| [1:15:26] | that’s somehow part of it. | 不知怎么也跟这有关 | 
| [1:15:29] | All of it, I think. | 应该是一切的关键 | 
| [1:15:34] | Man-eater. | 食人兽 | 
| [1:15:46] | We’ve strong reason to believe | 我们有强烈理由相信 | 
| [1:15:47] | that the animal that killed Ingrid Hjort, Dr. Lorenz, | 杀死英格丽·赫约特 洛伦兹博士和其他人的 | 
| [1:15:50] | and others is the same that your father kept here at Crevecoeur. | 那头野兽 正是你父亲养在科雷寇的那只 | 
| [1:15:54] | On what evidence? | 有什么证据 | 
| [1:15:55] | On the evidence of the declaration of a dying man. | 证据是一个濒死之人的遗言 | 
| [1:15:59] | Someone with moments to live and no reason to lie. | 此人只剩片刻生命 并无理由撒谎 | 
| [1:16:01] | Dr. Lorenz. | 洛伦兹博士 | 
| [1:16:02] | I spoke to Hathaway. | 我问过哈瑟维了 | 
| [1:16:04] | The only thing Lorenz said was “man-eater.” | 洛伦兹只说了一句”食人兽” | 
| [1:16:07] | Hector Lorenz was Ecuadorian. | 海克特·洛伦兹是厄瓜多尔人 | 
| [1:16:10] | I think in extremis, he reverted to his native tongue. | 我认为他在濒死之际 又说起了他的母语 | 
| [1:16:13] | What Philip heard him say wasn’t “man-eater.” | 菲利普听到的 并不是”食人兽” | 
| [1:16:16] | It was “manita.” | 而是”manita” | 
| [1:16:17] | Which is Spanish for “little sister.” | 西语中的”小妹妹” | 
| [1:16:19] | I think he meant your little sister. | 我认为他指的是你的小妹 | 
| [1:16:21] | Georgie? | 乔治 | 
| [1:16:22] | I think Georgina was in love with him. | 我认为乔治娜爱着他 | 
| [1:16:28] | I can’t say for certain what passed between them, | 我无法确定他们之间发生了什么 | 
| [1:16:30] | but I think the key point is her affections went unrequited. | 但我认为关键是 她的爱并未得到回应 | 
| [1:16:38] | We think she’d taken to following him | 我们认为她开始跟踪他 | 
| [1:16:39] | to find out who he was involved with romantically. | 想知道他在跟谁恋爱 | 
| [1:16:47] | There was a scene outside of his work | 曾有人在他工作的地方外闹事 | 
| [1:16:49] | with a young woman | 是个年轻女人 | 
| [1:16:50] | his colleagues took to be a former au pair. | 他的同事以为那是他以前的互惠生 | 
| [1:16:52] | I suspect if we were to put her in a lineup, | 我猜 如果我们让她去参加列队指认 | 
| [1:16:54] | Dr. Lorenz’s colleagues would soon pick out Lady Georgina | 洛伦兹博士的同事肯定会指认乔治娜小姐 | 
| [1:16:57] | as that young woman. | 正是那个年轻女人 | 
| [1:16:58] | Your sister discovered | 你妹妹发现 | 
| [1:16:59] | that not only was the animal that attacked her still alive, | 袭击她的那只野兽不仅还活着 | 
| [1:17:02] | but that Dr. Lorenz was using it as part of his research. | 洛伦兹博士还在用它进行研究 | 
| [1:17:05] | I think she planned to use the tiger to exact her revenge, | 我认为她打算用这只老虎来实施她的复仇 | 
| [1:17:08] | only Goggins got careless and the animal escaped. | 但高金斯太大意 那野兽逃了 | 
| [1:17:17] | It looks as if it was your sister | 看来是你妹妹 | 
| [1:17:19] | stole the tigress musk | 偷走了母老虎的麝香 | 
| [1:17:20] | and dosed Dr. Lorenz’s handkerchief with it | 并把它洒在了洛伦兹博士的手绢上 | 
| [1:17:22] | in the hope that it would bring the animal to him. | 希望那野兽会被吸引过去 | 
| [1:17:31] | But Ingrid Hjort borrowed it. | 但英格丽·赫约特借走了手绢 | 
| [1:17:33] | Unfortunately, she fell foul of someone | 很不幸 她遇到了坏人 | 
| [1:17:35] | who brought her out of Wytham. | 那人把她带去了维泽姆森林 | 
| [1:17:37] | Hello there. | 你好 | 
| [1:17:39] | Would you like me to give you a lift? | 要我送你一程吗 | 
| [1:17:47] | Whatever musk remained on the handkerchief | 手绢上残存的麝香 | 
| [1:17:49] | brought the tiger to her. | 把老虎引了过去 | 
| [1:17:51] | It also looks as if the doctor | 而且博士似乎 | 
| [1:17:52] | made the connection that it was your sister | 也发现了是你妹妹 | 
| [1:17:53] | who stole the vial of musk from his laboratory. | 偷走了实验室的那瓶麝香 | 
| [1:17:59] | That’s what he came to say the day he died. | 那就是他死的那天来说的事 | 
| [1:18:04] | I thought it sounded insane. | 我根本没信 | 
| [1:18:07] | Is she at home? | 她在家吗 | 
| [1:18:08] | I believe she’s down by Tiberius’s memorial. | 她应该是在提比略的纪念碑那里 | 
| [1:18:11] | I’ll fetch her. | 我去找她 | 
| [1:18:12] | You better call in a van– scene of crime. | 你去叫车来 去犯罪现场 | 
| [1:18:14] | We’ll want firearms too, if it comes back. | 如果它回来 我们还需要火力 | 
| [1:18:16] | I’ll need to use your telephone. | 我需要用下你的电话 | 
| [1:18:23] | There’s no chance this is all some ghastly mistake? | 这不会是搞错了吗 | 
| [1:18:25] | We found a rag up at Goggins’ place, | 我们在高金斯那里发现了一块布 | 
| [1:18:27] | presumably soaked in this musk in an attempt to bring it back. | 应该是浸透了麝香 想把它引回来 | 
| [1:18:30] | All the same, how do you know that Georgie put it there? | 不管怎样 你怎么知道是乔治放的 | 
| [1:18:33] | The rag was tied in place with red wool, | 那块布是用红毛线绑在那里的 | 
| [1:18:35] | the same red wool I saw her with | 就是我初来这里时 | 
| [1:18:37] | when I first came here. | 看到她玩的红毛线 | 
| [1:18:38] | Red wool, you say? | 红毛线吗 | 
| [1:18:41] | Yes, why? | 对 怎么了 | 
| [1:18:55] | You must come with me now, Lady Mortmaigne. | 你得跟我走 莫梅恩小姐 | 
| [1:18:59] | I believe you know why. | 我想你清楚为什么 | 
| [1:19:08] | There’s more like this up at the woods. | 林子里还有更多这玩意 | 
| [1:19:11] | Thought it was just a game you guys were playing. | 还以为是你们在玩什么游戏 | 
| [1:19:13] | Maybe she was trying to lure it back to the estate. | 或许她是想把老虎引回庄园 | 
| [1:19:23] | It’s here. | 它就在这里 | 
| [1:19:25] | What? | 什么 | 
| [1:19:26] | In the maze. | 进迷宫了 | 
| [1:19:27] | Then we’ve got it cornered. | 那我们围住它了 | 
| [1:19:29] | My God. | 天啊 | 
| [1:19:31] | Julia’s in there with Milo. | 茱莉娅带着米洛在里面 | 
| [1:19:32] | I’ll get a rifle. | 我去拿来复枪 | 
| [1:19:33] | Two! | 拿两把 | 
| [1:19:35] | Wait here. | 等在这里 | 
| [1:19:35] | Tell Inspector Thursday what’s going on. | 告诉瑟斯戴督察发生了什么 | 
| [1:20:23] | It’s okay… | 没事的 | 
| [1:20:42] | It’s here. | 它来了 | 
| [1:20:43] | It’s here, it’s in the maze. | 在迷宫里 | 
| [1:20:45] | Julia’s there. | 茱莉娅也在那里 | 
| [1:20:46] | Her boy’s there too. | 还有她儿子 | 
| [1:20:47] | Get in the car. | 上车 | 
| [1:20:50] | You stay with her. | 你陪着她 | 
| [1:20:57] | You wait for Thursday. | 你等瑟斯戴 | 
| [1:20:58] | I’ve seen him. | 我看见它了 | 
| [1:20:59] | This is my business, Guy. | 这是我的责任 盖 | 
| [1:21:01] | It’s my sister. | 是我妹妹 | 
| [1:22:57] | Smart cat. | 狡猾 | 
| [1:23:08] | When armed support arrives, | 等武力支援赶到 | 
| [1:23:09] | I want two men on each exit. | 每个出口派两人守住 | 
| [1:23:11] | Nothing on four legs gets out alive, yes? | 绝不允许野兽活着逃走 知道了吗 | 
| [1:23:13] | – Sir. – Carry on. | -是 长官 -去吧 | 
| [1:23:19] | Stand hard, Constable. | 勇敢点 警员 | 
| [1:23:20] | Keep with Sergeant Strange. | 跟紧斯特兰奇警长 | 
| [1:23:21] | He’s the best man in a pinch. | 他是关键时刻最可靠的人 | 
| [1:23:22] | Strange? | 斯特兰奇 | 
| [1:23:23] | Sir. | 是 长官 | 
| [1:23:27] | Sir, you’re not going in. | 长官 您不是要进去吧 | 
| [1:23:31] | Our friends are in peril of their lives. | 我们的朋友现在有生命危险 | 
| [1:23:34] | They’ll not fail us. | 他们不会辜负我们 | 
| [1:23:35] | No more should we fail them. | 我们也不能辜负他们 | 
| [1:24:29] | What’s happened? I heard a shot. | 怎么了 我听到了一声枪响 | 
| [1:24:32] | Just stay close by me. | 跟紧我 | 
| [1:25:13] | Get back! | 退后 | 
| [1:25:14] | Get back! | 退后 | 
| [1:25:17] | Get back! | 退后 | 
| [1:25:28] | Whoa, boy! | 小子 | 
| [1:25:30] | Where do you think you’re going? | 你想去哪 | 
| [1:25:32] | Come on. | 快走 | 
| [1:26:15] | When it jumps, you run. | 它跳起来时 你就跑 | 
| [1:26:16] | – What? – When it jumps, you run! | -什么 -它跳起来时 你就跑 | 
| [1:26:18] | No. | 不 | 
| [1:26:19] | Morse! | 摩斯 | 
| [1:26:35] | Julia! | 茱莉娅 | 
| [1:26:36] | All right? | 没事吧 | 
| [1:26:39] | Morse? | 摩斯 | 
| [1:26:40] | Is he hurt? | 他受伤了吗 | 
| [1:26:42] | No, sir. | 没有 长官 | 
| [1:26:44] | Touch of shock is all. | 就是吓到了 | 
| [1:26:47] | Damn shame. | 真是可惜 | 
| [1:26:50] | What a magnificent creature. | 多么了不起的生灵 | 
| [1:26:53] | You had to, sir. | 没办法 长官 | 
| [1:26:57] | It was Morse or the tiger. | 摩斯和老虎只能选一个 | 
| [1:26:59] | Of course, of course. | 当然 | 
| [1:27:00] | A damn shame all the same. | 但还是可惜了 | 
| [1:27:05] | Sir. | 长官 | 
| [1:27:09] | Right-o. | 好了 | 
| [1:27:10] | No harm was done then. | 没出事 | 
| [1:27:15] | That’s the main thing. | 这才最重要 | 
| [1:27:18] | Nothing to worry about. | 不用怕 | 
| [1:27:21] | Carry on. | 那走吧 | 
| [1:27:44] | I’d always loved him, you see. | 我一直爱着他 | 
| [1:27:49] | Even as a girl. | 从小就是 | 
| [1:27:53] | From the moment I saw him. | 从我第一次看到他 | 
| [1:27:56] | He spurned your advances. | 他拒绝了你的示好 | 
| [1:27:58] | Not at first. | 起初没有 | 
| [1:28:02] | Only when he saw what Brutus had done to me. | 是在他看到了布鲁特斯对我的伤害之后 | 
| [1:28:07] | I thought I could win him over. | 我以为我能赢得他的爱 | 
| [1:28:10] | I’d wait outside his house, visit him at the lab, | 我会等在他家外 去实验室找他 | 
| [1:28:14] | and then… | 后来 | 
| [1:28:16] | You saw him with Ingrid Hjort. | 你看到了他跟英格丽·赫约特在一起 | 
| [1:28:19] | I think I could have taken even that. | 那我也能够承受 | 
| [1:28:22] | I mean, it was obvious what they were to one another. | 他们之间的感情很显而易见 | 
| [1:28:26] | No. | 不 | 
| [1:28:30] | It was when I followed him to Goggins’. | 是当我跟踪他到了高金斯那里 | 
| [1:28:34] | Something snapped | 我气疯了 | 
| [1:28:37] | when I saw that the tiger was still alive. | 因为我看到那只老虎还活着 | 
| [1:28:39] | You broke into the lab, took the tigress musk, | 你闯入了实验室 拿走了母老虎的麝香 | 
| [1:28:43] | doused Lorenz’s handkerchief with it. | 洒在了洛伦兹的手绢上 | 
| [1:28:46] | I thought the next time he went to Goggins’ place | 我想着 等他再去高金斯那里 | 
| [1:28:50] | that Brutus would attack him. | 布鲁特斯就会袭击他 | 
| [1:28:55] | But the tiger broke free. | 但老虎跑出来了 | 
| [1:28:58] | There was no way you could control it. | 你无法控制它了 | 
| [1:29:03] | I just wanted him to see what it was like. | 我只是想让他了解那是什么感觉 | 
| [1:29:07] | Just for a moment. | 就那么一瞬 | 
| [1:29:10] | That fear. | 那恐惧感 | 
| [1:29:13] | I never meant anyone should come to harm. | 我没想让任何人受伤的 | 
| [1:29:19] | I just meant to scare him. | 我只是想吓吓他 | 
| [1:29:24] | If he could have understood, | 如果他能理解 | 
| [1:29:28] | then maybe he could have loved me. | 那他或许就能爱我了 | 
| [1:30:30] | I’m not sorry about Hodges. | 我不为霍奇斯的事感到抱歉 | 
| [1:30:34] | Only that you stopped me. | 只遗憾你阻止了我 | 
| [1:30:37] | You’re better than that. | 你是更好的人 | 
| [1:30:40] | Once, maybe. | 曾经或许吧 | 
| [1:30:42] | Had a sergeant to keep me on the straight, see? | 以前有个警长看着我 | 
| [1:30:45] | You’ve got Strange. | 你现在有斯特兰奇了 | 
| [1:30:48] | I’m not sergeant material. | 我不是做警长的材料 | 
| [1:30:50] | No, you’re inspector material. | 对 你是做督察的材料 | 
| [1:30:52] | But there’s no shortcut. | 但那是没有捷径的 | 
| [1:30:55] | I’ll help you fill in your application. | 我会帮你填写申请 | 
| [1:31:02] | It’s already in. | 我已经提交了 | 
| [1:31:05] | I sit it at the end of the month. | 我月底去考 | 
| [1:31:07] | Thought it would be a surprise. | 本想给你个惊喜的 | 
| [1:31:09] | Only surprise is you pulled your finger out. | 唯一的惊喜是你不再胡闹了 | 
| [1:31:21] | Sweet dreams. | 好梦 | 
| [1:31:28] | It’s why we fight. | 我们就是为此拼搏 | 
| [1:31:39] | Drink, then? | 去喝酒吗 | 
| [1:31:41] | After today, several. | 考虑到今天的事 得多喝点了 | 
| [1:31:43] | Gotta make the most. | 及时行乐啊 | 
| [1:31:45] | Last night of freedom. | 最后一晚的自由了 | 
| [1:31:47] | Mrs. Thursday’s back, is she? | 瑟斯戴太太要回来了 | 
| [1:31:51] | Tomorrow. | 明天就回来 | 
| [1:31:52] | Longest six days of my life. | 这辈子最漫长的六天 | 
| [1:31:56] | “And on the seventh, he rested.” | “第七日便安息”[上帝] |