英文名称:Eddie the Eagle
年代:2016
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:08] | Yes! My high score! | 耶 又刷新分数了 |
[01:11] | Champion! | 冠军 |
[01:32] | Oi. | 喂 |
[01:34] | Where do you think you’re going, young man? | 你这是要去哪里啊 小伙子 |
[01:36] | Rome. I’m going to hold my breath at the Olympics. | 罗马 我要去奥运会上比憋气 |
[01:45] | You better take this then, hadn’t you? Put your medals in. | 那你最好把这个带上 把你的奖牌装在里面 |
[01:49] | Thanks, Mum. I gotta get going. | 谢谢妈妈 我得出发了 |
[01:51] | Have fun. | 好好玩 |
[02:00] | – Terry? – What? | -泰瑞 -干嘛 |
[02:02] | He’s off to the Olympics again. | 他又去奥运会了 |
[02:30] | Oi. | 喂 |
[02:32] | You gone mad? | 你疯了吗 |
[02:34] | I told Mum I’m going to the Olympics. | 我跟妈妈说了 我要去奥运会 |
[02:36] | I held my breath for nearly 58 seconds. | 我一口气憋了快58秒呢 |
[02:40] | Really? Well, I tell you what. | 是吗 这样吧 |
[02:43] | Why don’t you jump in and | 不如你上车 然后 |
[02:44] | we can hold our breath all the way home? | 我们一起憋着气回家 |
[02:47] | That’s about a minute away. | 那可差不多要一分钟哦 |
[02:49] | Eddie, all this Olympic medal stuff, | 艾迪 奥运奖牌这事 |
[02:52] | it’s driving me a bit mad, mate. | 逼得我有点发疯了 伙计 |
[02:54] | Driving about in the middle of the night, | 大半夜开着车 |
[02:57] | dark, freezing cold, looking for you. | 乌漆抹黑 冷得要死 到处找你 |
[02:59] | When I should be at home doing what? | 这时辰我该待在家做什么来着 |
[03:01] | Watching It’s A Knockout, Dad? | 看《百战百胜》吗 爸爸 |
[03:04] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[03:12] | Marbles one week, holding your breath the next. | 上周玩弹珠 这周又比憋气 |
[03:15] | When is it all gonna end, young man? | 这一切什么时候才结束啊 小伙子 |
[03:19] | – When I become an Olympian. – I see. | -当我成为奥运选手之后 -明白了 |
[03:23] | – Say goodnight to your dad. – Night, Dad. | -跟你爸爸道晚安 -晚安 爸爸 |
[03:26] | Night-night, son. | 晚安 儿子 |
[03:28] | – Night, Mum. – Night, love. | -晚安 妈妈 -晚安 亲爱的 |
[03:36] | That’s good flexibility. | 挺灵活的 |
[03:38] | Great. Now flex your toes. That’s point your toes towards you. | 很好 现在动一动你的脚趾头 把你的脚趾头翘起来 |
[03:44] | Good boy, thank you. Now, you’ve got to take it easy. | 好孩子 谢谢 现在 你得慢慢来 |
[03:48] | Don’t do any climbing up | 不要爬树 |
[03:49] | trees and too much running around. All right? | 也别到处乱跑 好吗 |
[03:53] | – His knees are still healing. – Okay. | -他的膝盖还没痊愈 -好的 |
[04:05] | Feel okay? | 感觉还好吗 |
[04:06] | Good. Well done. | 很好 非常好 |
[04:45] | Right, that’s it! | 行了 我受够了 |
[04:49] | Listen, enough is enough! | 听着 够了够了 |
[04:52] | It’s never bloody ending with you, son. | 你还没完没了了 小子 |
[04:54] | 基思·艾伦 马克·本顿 乔·哈特利 | |
[04:54] | You’re gonna come to work with me and learn to plaster. | 你跟着我一起去工作 学着当泥瓦匠 |
[04:58] | At least it might keep you out of trouble. | 至少还能让你不惹麻烦 |
[05:00] | – What about my Olympic preparations? | 我还要准备奥运会呢 |
[05:02] | – Eddie! You are not an athlete! | 艾迪 你不是运动员 |
[05:15] | – Morning, Tel. – All right, Shirley? | -早上好 泰 -早上好 雪莉 |
[05:17] | Now, today I shall be finishing off an arctic stipple. | 听着 今天我要完成一件极圈点刻的作品 |
[05:21] | – What did I just say? – Raspberry ripple? | -我刚刚说什么来着 -粉红涟漪 |
[05:23] | No, not a raspberry ripple. An arctic stipple. | 不 不是粉红涟漪 是极圈点刻 |
[05:27] | Which is my piece de resistance. | 这可是我的拿手绝活 |
[05:30] | My plasterer’s trademark that | 我石膏雕刻的商标印记 |
[05:32] | you shall spend all day learning, young man. | 你可得花上一整天好好学学 小伙子 |
[05:36] | Dad, you’re a genius. | 爸爸 你真是个天才 |
[05:41] | Where’s he gone now? | 他又去哪儿了 |
[05:43] | You’re right, I’m never gonna go to the Olympics. | 你说得对 我这辈子都去不成奥运会 |
[05:46] | I’m gonna go to the Winter Olympics. | 我要去的是冬奥会 |
[06:57] | Ladies and gentlemen, it | 女士们先生们 |
[06:58] | gives me great pleasure to introduce to you… | 非常荣幸能为你们介绍 |
[07:00] | the Head of the British Winter | 英国冬奥会选拔委员会的 |
[07:02] | Olympics Selection Committee, Mr. Dustin Target. | 主席 达斯汀·塔吉特先生 |
[07:09] | Thank you, George. | 谢谢乔治 |
[07:12] | Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen. | 下午好 女士们先生们 |
[07:14] | Thank you so much for being here… | 非常感谢各位前来 |
[07:16] | on this glorious day for British sport. | 为英国体育共襄盛举 |
[07:19] | You have entered a new era for business… | 各位在业界都开辟了新纪元 |
[07:22] | just as we have embarked on a new era for sport. | 英国体育界同样也开始了自己的新纪元 |
[07:28] | Today it is my honor… | 今天 本人很荣幸 |
[07:32] | and privilege, to present to you… | 能为各位介绍 |
[07:35] | the 14 young men who are all | 英国奥运滑雪队的 |
[07:37] | candidates for the British Olympic Downhill Team. | 十四名年轻的预备选手 |
[07:41] | Vying for your sponsorship and support… | 恳请各位的支持和赞助 |
[07:45] | in achieving their dreams… | 帮助他们成就梦想 |
[07:49] | to reach the 1988 Winter Games in Calgary. | 参加1988年卡尔加里冬奥会 |
[07:56] | It’s an opportunity that requires a new kind of athlete… | 今时今日我们需要新的运动员 |
[08:00] | and you deserve the best… | 而你们也值得最好的 |
[08:04] | in return. | 回报 |
[08:10] | Sorry. Hands up, that was my fault. I’m sorry, fellas. | 抱歉 我举手认错 对不起了各位 |
[08:14] | George. George. | 乔治 乔治 |
[08:19] | More champagne? | 再来点香槟吗 |
[08:21] | Edwards, you’ve made quite an impact today. | 爱德华 你今天引起了不小的骚动啊 |
[08:24] | Good, I was trying to. | 太好了 我可努力了 |
[08:26] | I think we both know that you’ve gone… | 我想你我都知道你和国家队 |
[08:30] | as far as you can go with the squad. | 只能走到这里了 |
[08:34] | We shan’t be selecting you for the trials, I’m afraid. | 我们恐怕不会让你参加选拔赛 |
[08:39] | But keep up with the training. | 但别落下训练 |
[08:42] | Aim for the ’92 Olympics. | 争取参加92年的冬奥会 |
[08:45] | Mr. Target, that’s in 5 years’ time. I’m ready now. | 塔吉特先生 那还要五年呢 我现在就已经准备好了 |
[08:48] | No, you’re not. | 不 你还没有 |
[08:50] | You know, I’ve got run times just as good as any of that lot. | 我在速度上不输其他人啊 |
[08:54] | It’s not all about speed. | 这不是速度的问题 |
[08:56] | It’s about what school you went to, is it? | 是学历出身的问题 是吗 |
[09:00] | Frankly, Eddie… | 老实说 艾迪 |
[09:03] | you will never be Olympic material. | 你不是能参加奥林匹克的料子 |
[09:10] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[09:21] | You wanna get yourself qualified. | 你还是去掌握一项技能吧 |
[09:24] | I mean it’s not exactly a career, is it? Skiing. | 我是说 滑雪也混不到饭吃啊 是吧 |
[09:29] | I mean, how much does a downhill skier earn? | 一个滑雪的能赚多少钱 |
[09:32] | What’s the take-home pay after tax? | 交完税到手能有多少钱 |
[09:35] | Is there a pension? I doubt it very much. | 有退休金吗 我十分怀疑 |
[09:40] | Get yourself qualified for something useful. | 去学点有用的东西吧 |
[09:42] | Yeah, all right, Dad. | 好了 爸爸 |
[09:44] | I get the point. | 我明白了 |
[09:48] | You’ve been banging on about | 从我不用裹尿不湿开始 |
[09:49] | it since I’ve been out of nappies. Sign me up. | 你就一直絮絮叨叨 帮我报名吧 |
[09:55] | Good lad. | 好小子 |
[09:57] | Good lad. | 好小子 |
[10:07] | Made you a nice cup of tea. | 给你泡了杯好茶 |
[10:10] | Thanks, Mum. | 谢谢妈妈 |
[10:17] | No more downhill, then? | 以后都不滑雪了吗 |
[10:24] | Not exactly a career, is it? | 混不到饭吃啊 不是吗 |
[10:27] | Not even for fun? | 滑着玩玩也不行吗 |
[10:31] | No. | 不了 |
[10:34] | It’s about time I started paying my way. | 我也是时候赚钱养活自己了 |
[10:40] | Bring those dirty overalls down, | 那你快把脏工作服拿下来 |
[10:42] | then. For the wash, you’re gonna need them. | 洗一洗 你之后要穿的 |
[11:11] | Ski-jumping is probably the | 跳台滑雪或许是 |
[11:13] | most spectacular of all the alpine disciplines. | 最恢宏的高山项目 |
[11:17] | A majestic, gravity defying mix of power… | 这种违反重力的奇观 |
[11:21] | balance and dare-devil courage. | 需要平衡感和不惧死亡的勇气 |
[11:24] | And more than a few bruises. | 以及无数的伤痕 |
[11:27] | As Icarus and Sir Isaac Newton both discovered… | 伊卡洛斯和艾萨克·牛顿都发现 |
[11:30] | what goes up must come down. | 物体只要有上升就必定会落下 |
[11:44] | In the world famous training camp at Garmisch in Germany… | 在德国加米施举世闻名的训练营里 |
[11:47] | you will find the world’s elite ski-jumpers. | 你将遇到世界各地的跳台滑雪精英们 |
[11:50] | …such as the Flying Finn, | 比如芬兰飞人 |
[11:52] | Matti Nykanen, showing how it’s really done. | 马蒂·尼凯宁 正向世人展示什么是跳台滑雪 |
[12:12] | I hate to disappoint you but… | 我不想让你失望 但是 |
[12:14] | we haven’t got an Olympic ski-jumping squad. | 我们并没有跳台滑雪奥运队 |
[12:18] | Not even a small one? | 一个小队都没有嘛 |
[12:19] | No. Last… | 没有 上一次 |
[12:22] | No, Britain hasn’t had a ski-jumper since… | 不对 英国自从1929年之后就没有 |
[12:27] | 1929. | 跳台滑雪选手了 |
[12:31] | Here we go. Hector Mooney. | 在这儿 赫克托·穆尼 |
[12:33] | Yes, with a distance of 22.9 meters. | 是了 他的成绩是22.9米 |
[12:37] | And there’s no plans for a team in the near future? | 那在近期没有组队的计划吗 |
[12:41] | Well, not unless Mr. Mooney comes out of retirement. | 除非穆尼先生复员归队 |
[12:44] | But he died in 1975 so, no. | 但是他在1975年就死了 所以 没有计划 |
[12:49] | That is a shame. | 太可惜了 |
[12:59] | Mum, where’s my purple rucksack? | 妈 我紫色的帆布背包呢 |
[13:01] | – Under the stairs. – Thank you. | -在楼梯下面 -谢谢 |
[13:04] | Why? Are you going camping? | 怎么了 你要去野营吗 |
[13:06] | No. Going to Germany. | 不是 是要去德国 |
[13:09] | Coach leaving very soon. | 长途大巴马上要开了 |
[13:18] | What about your City & Guilds, son? | 那你城市行业协会考证的事怎么办 儿子 |
[13:22] | Sorry, Dad, I’ve gotta get on them slopes. | 抱歉 爸爸 我得去滑雪了 |
[13:25] | No. Not this again, no. | 不 别再来了 不 |
[13:29] | Excuse me. | 借过 |
[13:31] | Hang on. What am I gonna tell your plastering teacher? | 等等 我要怎么跟你师傅解释 |
[13:35] | – Tell him I’ve made new plans. – New plans? | -跟他说我有新计划了 -新计划 |
[13:37] | What plans? | 什么计划 |
[13:39] | I’m gonna be an Olympic ski-jumper. | 我要成为一名奥运会跳台滑雪选手 |
[13:44] | No. No. | 不 不 |
[13:49] | This is some kind of joke, right? | 你是在开玩笑的 对吧 |
[13:52] | Dad, it’s not like I’m taking up ballet. It’s still skiing. | 爸爸 我又不是要改行跳芭蕾 还是滑雪啊 |
[13:56] | Just a bit higher. | 只是高了点罢了 |
[13:58] | You name me one, one British ski-jumper. | 你说个英国跳台滑雪选手给我听听 |
[14:00] | Me. | 我 |
[14:02] | Eddie Edwards. | 艾迪·爱德华兹 |
[14:04] | I’m gonna be the squad. | 我一个人组个队 |
[14:06] | And who’s gonna pay? | 谁来付钱 |
[14:10] | I’m not having your mother put through all that again. | 我不会再让你妈妈受那些苦了 |
[14:12] | We had bailiffs knocking on the door, | 每天都有法警来敲我们的门 |
[14:14] | all hours of the day, taking away the sofa. | 要搬走我们的沙发 |
[14:16] | And it’s because of you that I’m driving my campervan to work. | 就是因为你 我开着我的野营车去上班 |
[14:20] | – They’re dirty. – I know. | -脏 -我知道 |
[14:22] | We haven’t had a holiday in | 我们三年都没去度假了 |
[14:23] | three years and your mother loves Blackpool. | 你妈妈最喜欢去黑潭市度假了 |
[14:25] | – I don’t like Blackpool, Terry. – Dad. | -我不喜欢那儿 泰瑞 -爸 |
[14:28] | It’s gonna be okay, I promise. | 我保证没问题 |
[14:32] | I’m gonna work it out. | 我会成功的 |
[14:36] | – He’s gonna break his neck. – I’m gonna break his neck. | -他会摔断脖子的 -摔不断我也要掐断 |
[14:49] | Do you really wanna put yourself through this again? | 你真的还要再试一次吗 |
[14:52] | It’s a world that doesn’t wanna know you. | 那个世界一点都不想认识你 |
[14:55] | So what’s new? | 那又怎样 |
[14:58] | Are you trying to tell me | 你是想告诉我 |
[14:59] | you never had a dream when you were a kid, Dad? | 你小的时候从没有过梦想吗 爸爸 |
[15:01] | Course I did. I’m not made of stone, son. | 我当然有 我又不是石头做的 小子 |
[15:06] | You never said. What was it? | 你从没说过 是什么梦想 |
[15:08] | It was to be a plasterer. | 成为一名泥瓦匠 |
[15:12] | Bye, Dad. | 再见爸爸 |
[15:13] | Yeah, bye, son. | 再见 儿子 |
[16:30] | You’re the Flying Finn. | 你是芬兰飞人 |
[16:33] | – You’re Matti. – I know. | -你是马蒂 -我知道 |
[16:39] | You want an autograph? | 你要签名是吗 |
[16:41] | Yes, please. | 是的 麻烦你了 |
[16:47] | Bus ticket. | 只有车票 |
[16:50] | No. | 不签 |
[16:55] | Bye, Matti. | 再见 马蒂 |
[18:37] | What are you doing here? | 你在这儿干什么 |
[18:40] | I’m so sorry, I didn’t have anywhere to sleep. | 非常抱歉 我没有地方睡觉 |
[18:42] | An Englishman sleeping in my cupboard. | 一个英国人睡在我的橱柜里 |
[18:45] | Happens a lot. You know why? | 这事常有 你知道为什么吗 |
[18:48] | It’s the good German beer… | 这可是上好的德国啤酒 |
[18:50] | and not this pee-pee water you’re drinking back home. Am I right? | 可不是你在家里喝的小黄尿 我说的对吗 |
[18:55] | Well, no, actually. I don’t drink. | 不是的 其实我不喝酒的 |
[18:57] | So what are you doing here? | 那你在这里做什么 |
[18:59] | Well, I’m a ski-jumper. Well, I want to be a ski-jumper. | 我是个跳台滑雪选手 不是 我立志当跳台滑雪选手 |
[19:03] | I’m not yet but my mum says | 我还不是 但我妈妈说 |
[19:05] | I’m a very resourceful, determined person… | 我是一个很机智很坚定的人 |
[19:08] | and I think that with some | 所以我想假以时日 |
[19:09] | time and guidance I probably will make it. | 经过指导 我或许能行 |
[19:12] | – You’re a ski-jumper? – Yeah. | -你是跳台滑雪选手 -是 |
[19:15] | Well, you are not the first ski-jumper to wake up in my cupboard. | 那你可不是第一个在我橱柜醒来的跳台滑雪选手 |
[19:19] | But, back in the past, I would have been in here with you. | 只不过 在过去 我会和你一起在这里 |
[19:25] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[19:27] | You have somewhere to sleep tonight? | 你今晚有地方睡吗 |
[19:31] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[19:33] | You help me in the bar and I’ll let you stay here. | 你在酒吧里帮我忙 我就让你留在这里 |
[19:36] | Really? That would be amazing. | 真的吗 那太棒了 |
[19:38] | And maybe sometimes I come and visit you. Would you like that? | 也许有时候我会过来看看你 你喜欢吗 |
[19:46] | Would you like me to visit you? | 你喜欢我来看你吗 |
[19:47] | I probably won’t be here that much, to be honest. | 老实说 我可能不会有太多时间待在这里 |
[19:49] | What with all the training I mentioned and… | 因为我刚刚也说要训练了 还有 |
[19:53] | Do you have the key for the…? I’ll get it off you later. | 你有没有钥匙 我晚点再跟你拿吧 |
[19:56] | – Okay. Good luck. – Yeah. | -好 祝你好运 -好的 |
[20:31] | Yes! | 太棒了 |
[20:33] | What a doddle. | 小菜一碟啊 |
[20:37] | Right. I think I’m ready for that bigger one. | 好了 我想我可以挑战那个高的了 |
[21:23] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[21:31] | I’ve seen worse injuries | 我见过伤得更严重的 |
[21:33] | but normally they come from the bigger jumps. | 但通常他们都是从更高的跳台上跳下来的 |
[21:39] | Who’s your coach? | 你的教练是谁 |
[21:40] | I’ve been giving it a lot of thought and I’m not sure I need one. | 我最近也正在考虑我是不是需要个教练 |
[21:44] | Hey, Bjorn. Good to see you. | 嘿 比约恩 很高兴见到你 |
[21:47] | Norwegian. He was a good jumper in his time. | 挪威人 他年轻的时候是个很厉害的选手 |
[21:51] | Now he’s a coach. | 现在他是一名教练 |
[21:53] | – He’s a coach? – I think so. | -他是教练 -我想是的 |
[21:57] | With the beard? | 留着大胡子 |
[21:59] | – Yes, the one… – And the blond hair? | -是 那个 -金发的那个吗 |
[22:04] | Thank you, Petra. | 谢谢你 佩特拉 |
[22:07] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[22:08] | Hiya, fellas, I’m Eddie Edwards. I’m Great Britain. Oh God. Nude. | 你们好啊 伙计们 我是艾迪·爱德华兹 英国人 我天啊 都裸着呢 |
[22:16] | So, basically I… | 其实我 |
[22:19] | I’ve just started on the 40 meters and I’m making solid progress. | 我刚刚开始跳四十米的 已经有很大的进步了 |
[22:23] | But wondered if I could get some advice and tips. | 但我在想要是能得到一些建议和小窍门就好了 |
[22:27] | How do you land, exactly? | 你们到底是怎么落地的 |
[22:31] | – You been jumping long? – Since yesterday afternoon. | -你跳台跳了很久了吗 -昨天下午才开始 |
[22:38] | I know, I’m already on the 40. I’m a fast learner. | 我知道 我已经在跳四十米高的了 我学得很快的 |
[22:49] | How old are you? | 你多大 |
[22:51] | I’m 22. | 二十二 |
[22:53] | In Norway, the time to be | 在挪威 跳台滑雪 |
[22:55] | starting jumping is when you are six years old. | 是在六岁的时候就开始练的 |
[22:58] | – Six years old. – Yeah. | -六岁 -是啊 |
[23:01] | Or younger. | 或者更小 |
[23:03] | No. You’re a bit too late, Mr. Britain man. | 不行 你有点迟了啊 不列颠先生 |
[23:12] | Yes, okay. Well, there’s a lot to be thinking about there so… | 那 好吧 我还有很多东西需要考虑 |
[23:16] | I’m gonna just get to it. | 那我先告辞了 |
[23:19] | Okay. | 好的 |
[23:20] | Stupid Englishman. | 英国蠢货 |
[23:24] | I bet he’s dead by the weekend. | 我赌他这周没过完就摔死了 |
[24:07] | No messing about this time. Let’s do it. | 这次来真的了 来吧 |
[25:26] | So, you’re the mystery elf who’s been hacking up my slope, huh? | 你就是那个破坏我坡道的神秘小精灵吗 |
[25:30] | Just you? No pickaxe? | 就你一人 没用锄头吗 |
[25:32] | You do realize the time | 你知道想要跳台滑雪 |
[25:33] | to start jumping is when you’re five or six? | 从五六岁就该开始训练了吧 |
[25:35] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[25:37] | The Norwegians already told me that. | 挪威人已经告诉过我了 |
[25:39] | Did they also tell you you look ridiculous in that gear? | 那他们有跟你说 你穿这套衣服看起来很搞笑吗 |
[25:42] | At least I’m wearing a jacket. | 至少我穿着滑雪服 |
[25:44] | This is my jacket, pal. Maybe you should wear one, too. | 这是我的滑雪服 伙计 也许你也该穿一件 |
[25:47] | – Drinking doesn’t agree with me. – Neither does ski-jumping. | -喝酒不适合我 -跳台滑雪也不适合你 |
[25:50] | When I want advice on how | 我要是想知道怎么 |
[25:51] | to drunkenly plow snow, I’ll look you up. | 醉醺醺地铲雪 我就去找你 |
[25:55] | Don’t even think about doing the 70 meter. | 七十米跳台 你想都别想 |
[25:57] | I don’t want to have to | 我可不想在你 |
[25:58] | clean up your mess when you break your neck. | 摔断脖子之后替你收尸 |
[26:00] | Whatever. What would you know about it, anyway? | 随便你 不试试你又怎么知道 |
[26:06] | Get off my slope. | 从我的坡道上滚开 |
[26:19] | Bronson Peary. Interstate youth champion 1968. | 布朗森·皮尔里 1968年的州际青年冠军 |
[26:23] | Then the Olympic Squad under Warren Sharp. | 然后跟随沃伦·夏普出征奥运会 |
[26:27] | – The Warren Sharp? – Yeah. The great American coach. | -那个沃伦·夏普吗 -是啊 那个著名美国教练 |
[26:31] | Peary was his star jumper. He broke records. | 皮尔里是他明星选手 他破了好几个记录 |
[26:33] | He was really a gifted flyer with a very special style. But… | 他真的很有天赋 风格独树一帜 但是 |
[26:39] | he was too crazy, you know? | 他太疯狂了 你知道么 |
[26:41] | Now he’s crazy in a different way. | 现在他也很疯狂 不过是换了一种方式 |
[26:43] | – How come I’ve never heard of him? – They kicked him out. | -我怎么从来没有听说过他 -他们把他踢出去了 |
[26:47] | What for? | 为什么 |
[26:49] | Arrogance. Bad discipline. Drunkenness. Fornication. | 狂妄自大 不守纪律 酗酒淫乱 |
[26:53] | What you probably call “Being a total loser.” | 可以说是彻头彻尾的窝囊废 |
[26:57] | Definitely him. | 就是他了 |
[27:00] | Petra, do you mind if I borrow this? | 佩特拉 我可以借走这本书吗 |
[27:02] | – Yeah, take it. – Okay, thanks. | -当然 拿去吧 -好的 谢谢 |
[27:04] | 沃伦·夏普 《我的跳台滑雪人生》 | |
[27:09] | I thought we could have a | 我想找你 |
[27:10] | chat about me being an Olympic ski-jumper. | 谈一谈我要当奥运跳台滑雪选手的事情 |
[27:13] | You’ve more chance of being a ballerina than a jumper. | 你当个芭蕾选手机会比较大 |
[27:16] | Good one. I was just after a few tips, really. | 很好笑 我只是需要一些技巧 真的 |
[27:19] | Give up, there’s one for free. | 放弃吧 这个免费赠你 |
[27:22] | Petra told me you used to jump for America. | 佩特拉告诉我你曾代表美国参赛过 |
[27:24] | Yeah, Petra has a lot of stories. | 佩特拉的小故事多着呢 |
[27:27] | She gave me this book, actually, by your old coach Warren Sharp. | 这是她给我的书 是你的老教练写的 |
[27:34] | Where’s my jacket? | 我的夹克呢 |
[27:44] | For as long as I can remember, | 从我有记忆开始 |
[27:45] | it has been my ambition to become an Olympian. | 成为一名奥运会选手就是我的目标 |
[27:49] | What? | 什么 |
[27:50] | Olympics. Britain doesn’t | 奥运会 英国没有 |
[27:51] | have a ski-jumping team so I was thinking… | 跳台滑雪队 所以我想 |
[27:54] | Okay. Now I know you’re crazy. | 好了 现在我知道你是真有病 |
[27:58] | I know we didn’t get off to the best of starts… | 我知道我们刚开始认识的时候有点摩擦 |
[28:00] | but you shouldn’t be fixing rust-buckets. You should be coaching. | 但你不该修破车 你应该当个教练 |
[28:03] | Classic 1972 Trans-Am. | 这款可是1972年经典车型 |
[28:05] | If I had your pedigree and experience… | 要是我有像你一样的天赋和经验的话 |
[28:08] | Yeah, well you don’t. I’m busy. | 可是你没有 我很忙的 |
[28:10] | Okay, I’ve plateaued. | 你说的对 我现在水平停滞不前 |
[28:12] | Without your help, I don’t think I’m gonna get any better. | 没有你帮忙 我的水平一定不会有任何进展 |
[28:15] | Really? Then you won’t get any better. | 是吗 那就别进展吧 |
[28:17] | Right. | 好吧 |
[28:19] | – I’ll come back later. – Don’t. | -我还会再来的 -别 |
[28:21] | What a lunatic. | 真是个疯子 |
[28:32] | Wanna see how it’s really done? | 想知道到底怎么做吗 |
[28:34] | Watch this guy. Number 2 in the world. | 看这家伙 他可是世界第二 |
[29:04] | And he knew what he was doing. You don’t stand a chance. | 他还是会滑的 你根本没机会 |
[29:43] | Hi, Bronson. | 嗨 布朗森 |
[29:45] | You truly are a great Olympian. | 真是个敬业的奥运选手啊 |
[29:54] | Always drink milk when I’m in training. | 训练期间我只喝牛奶 |
[29:57] | Calcium. Helps to keep the bones strong. | 补钙 能让骨骼更加强壮 |
[29:59] | Right, yeah. What do you think, Petra? | 是的 你怎么看 佩特拉 |
[30:01] | Good-looking boy like this shouldn’t be crashing into mountains. | 长得这么清秀的小伙子真不该来大山里 |
[30:04] | – He should be crashing into ladies. – Be nice. | -他应该想办法进女人的身体里 -说话注意点 |
[30:08] | Never been my speciality if I’m honest… | 说实话 这向来不是我的强项 |
[30:10] | Really? Never would have guessed, man. | 是吗 真是出乎意料啊 |
[30:13] | You still looking for pointers? | 你还在找人教你吗 |
[30:16] | – It’s that way back to England. – Hey, shut it. | -去那个方向 你就可以滚回英格兰了 -嘿 闭嘴 |
[30:19] | Hey, why don’t you order another one? | 老兄 你咋不再点一杯 |
[30:25] | They have no idea, do they? | 他们肯定不知道 对吧 |
[30:30] | You’re the guy who struck the first 90 meters at Copper Peak, | 1970年的公开比赛中 在没有逆风的情况下 |
[30:32] | with no headwind, in 1970 Opening Trials, | 你是第一个在科珀山峰完成90米跳台的人 |
[30:35] | and they think you’re just some old drunk. | 他们却还以为你是个老酒鬼呢 |
[30:38] | Thanks, I think. | 谢谢安慰 可能吧 |
[30:40] | You can learn a lot from that Warren Sharp’s book. | 沃伦·夏普的书里能学到不少东西 |
[30:42] | Been doing your homework. | 看来你是做足了功课 |
[30:44] | I’ll cut to the point. | 我就直说吧 |
[30:46] | Gonna be up bright and breezy tomorrow for some extra training. | 我打算明天早点起来去增加自己的训练量 |
[30:48] | No. | 不行 |
[30:49] | So the old drunk is teaching the English how to jump. | 一个老酒鬼竟然在教英国人怎么跳台滑雪 |
[30:53] | That’s fantastic. Is that milk? | 真是稀奇 那是牛奶么 |
[30:55] | I don’t drink alcohol so… | 我不喝酒 所以 |
[30:59] | I love it. It’s good. It’s too good. | 真棒 真是太棒了 |
[31:02] | Too good! Yeah. | 太棒了 老兄 |
[31:05] | There’s a new team in town! | 这里成立了一个新的队伍哟 |
[31:07] | Hold this. | 帮我拿着 |
[31:08] | Milky Boy and the PistenBully driver! | 成员是一位牛奶小哥和一位压雪车司机 |
[31:12] | Hey, don’t hurt yourself. | 嘿 别伤了自己 |
[31:16] | My jumpers do not fight. | 我的队员不允许打架 |
[31:19] | But I do. | 但我可以 |
[31:22] | Shit. | 见鬼 |
[31:28] | Did I win? | 我赢了么 |
[31:30] | Not exactly. But I got your watch. | 没有 但我保住了你的手表 |
[31:37] | Come here, I’m gonna show you something. | 过来 我给你看样东西 |
[31:41] | Okay, this is the Norwegian training camp. | 这里就是挪威训练营 |
[31:45] | You wanted to get some tips. | 你想要得到一些建议是吧 |
[31:50] | Well, here is how not to do it. | 让我来告诉你什么是反例 |
[31:53] | Look at all this crap here. | 看看这些鬼东西 |
[31:57] | I mean, what is all this? They wanna turn everyone into robots. | 这都是些什么 他们想把大家都变成机器 |
[32:01] | They don’t understand the jumping paradox, man. | 他们根本不懂滑雪悖论 |
[32:04] | This is not just a sport, it’s an art. | 这不只是体育 这是一种艺术 |
[32:08] | It’s spiritual, man. | 是需要精神上去体会的 兄弟 |
[32:10] | You gotta free your mind first. | 首先你得放飞你的思维 |
[32:13] | You gotta just, kinda fly, man. You wanna just fly. | 就像要飞起来一样 对 要飞起来的感觉 |
[32:23] | What is the jumping paradox? | 滑雪悖论是什么 |
[32:25] | What? | 啥玩意儿 |
[32:26] | The jumping paradox. That thing you said a second ago. | 滑雪悖论 你刚刚说的 |
[32:30] | Okay. I’m gonna say this once. | 好吧 我只说一次 |
[32:35] | – The foundation of any jump is what? – Take-off. | -对任何跳跃来说 最基本的是什么 -起跳 |
[32:37] | Very good. | 没错 |
[32:39] | Very good. | 很好 |
[32:42] | The paradox is simultaneously stretching up… | 这里的悖论是指向上跳跃的同时 |
[32:47] | and leaning into your descent. | 人也会向下倾斜 |
[32:50] | It’s unnatural because you actually take-off downwards. Okay? | 这很不自然 因为你起跳之后人是向下的 对吧 |
[32:54] | Your body has gotta lean forward in order to give you the lift. | 你的身体必须向前倾 这样才能给你支撑的力量 |
[32:57] | Like the wing of a bird. | 就像小鸟的翅膀一样 |
[33:02] | Come on, man, be the wing of a bird. | 加油 兄弟 成为那个翅膀 |
[33:05] | That’s it. So, your skis go up, your legs go back. | 没错 然后滑雪板向上抬起 两腿向后伸展 |
[33:09] | Your body goes forward | 身体向前倾斜 |
[33:10] | and you go down all while falling at 70 mph. | 整个人以每小时70英里的速度向下坠落 |
[33:14] | Up, back, forward. | 起跳 后伸 前倾 |
[33:17] | – What are you doing? – Just helping. | -你这是干什么 -扶你一把 |
[33:18] | Up, back, forward, down. Up, back, forward, down. | 起跳 后伸 前倾 下坠 起跳 后伸 前倾 下坠 |
[33:23] | – Say it. – Up, back, forward, down. | -说一遍 -起跳 后伸 前倾 下坠 |
[33:25] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[33:29] | Fell in love with this sport. | 爱上这项运动之后 |
[33:31] | It started with this little baby. | 一切都从这个小宝贝开始 |
[33:33] | This little 15 meter little vixen. | 这个15米高的小淘气 |
[33:35] | You manage to land that | 你想方设法成功着陆 |
[33:36] | because it’s meant to hook you into the sport… | 因为它让你对这项运动着迷 |
[33:38] | otherwise you wouldn’t bother trying. | 不然你都不会想去尝试 |
[33:40] | The 40 meter, when you stack you get bruised, | 40米跳台 一个不小心就会摔得鼻青脸肿 |
[33:44] | which I don’t need to explain to you. | 这点我不需要过多解释 |
[33:48] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[33:50] | The 70 meter… | 70米跳台 |
[33:52] | you break bones and you’re lucky if you can walk again. | 你会摔断骨头 还能再走路的话算是走运了 |
[33:56] | The 90 meter. The goddess. | 90米跳台 女神级 |
[34:03] | In the Wild West we’d be measuring you for your coffin | 要是在西部荒原 在你上跳台前 |
[34:06] | before you even reach the stairs. | 他们甚至会给你准备好棺材 |
[34:11] | Never forget that, kid. | 千万别忘记我说的话 孩子 |
[34:20] | You know what? Enough talk. It’s showtime. | 谈话结束 现在进行表演示范 |
[34:23] | Showtime? | 示范 |
[34:36] | Sorry, mate, I just need to borrow them. | 抱歉 借我用一下 |
[34:43] | Oh, my God. | 天呐 |
[34:45] | Come on! Spread your wings and die! | 下来啊 张开你的翅膀然后摔死吧 |
[35:57] | Good jump. | 跳得不错 |
[35:58] | Yeah! | 耶 |
[35:59] | Let’s party! | 来开派对吧 |
[36:27] | Up, back, forward, down. | 起跳 后伸 前倾 下坠 |
[36:30] | Up, back, forward, down. | 起跳 后伸 前倾 下坠 |
[36:52] | Yes! Yes, yes, yes! | 太棒了 太棒了 |
[37:05] | Amazing. | 太好了 |
[37:07] | I think I’m ready for the 70 meters. | 我觉得我已经准备去70米跳台了 |
[37:19] | How long you been sitting there? | 你在那儿坐了多久 |
[37:22] | Less than an hour. I landed the 40 meters. | 不到一个小时吧 40米跳台我成功落地了 |
[37:25] | I don’t care. | 我不在乎 |
[37:28] | And I’ve decided… I’m going to the Olympics in Calgary. | 还有我已经决定了 我要去卡尔加里参加奥运会 |
[37:33] | Why don’t you watch it on TV? | 你为啥不直接在电视上看 |
[37:35] | I’m not going to watch, I’m going to jump. | 我不要看 我要亲自去比赛 |
[37:37] | You’re what? | 你说什么 |
[37:39] | I’ve got a golden opportunity. | 我有个绝佳的机会 |
[37:40] | Only thing I need to do to qualify is compete. | 要获得奥运资格我只需要参加一场比赛就行了 |
[37:43] | Must be some minimum requirement. | 那也一定有条件限制的吧 |
[37:45] | Distance, number of jumps, talent? | 距离 跳跃次数 能力等级 |
[37:49] | No. | 没有 |
[37:51] | That’s the beauty. They’ve not updated the rules for 52 years. | 这正是绝妙之处 他们已经52年没有改变过规则了 |
[37:56] | What’s your name, man? | 你叫什么名字 小伙 |
[37:58] | – Eddie. – Eddie, okay. | -艾迪 -艾迪 好吧 |
[38:00] | The smallest Olympic jump is 70 meters. You’ll die if you try it. | 奥运会上级别最小的比赛都是70米跳台 你上去的话会没命的 |
[38:05] | Given the average jumper takes four years to build up to it. | 平均水平的运动员都要花四年时间才能学会 |
[38:09] | I’m not the average jumper. | 我不是平均的水平 |
[38:10] | Correct. You’re well below average. | 说得也是 你比平均水平还要差 |
[38:12] | I just did the 40 meters in a day. | 我才一天就学会了40米跳台 |
[38:14] | I’m ready for the 70 meters. I’ll do it now if you want. | 70米的我也已经准备好了 不信的话我现在就可以跳给你看 |
[38:17] | I’m ready for my breakfast, so… | 我的早餐也准备好了 所以 |
[38:20] | Don’t. | 别 |
[38:22] | I need your permission if I’m gonna jump. | 我需要你的许可才能跳 |
[38:24] | Just get the hell out of here. | 赶紧从这里滚出去 |
[38:25] | Not until I get your permission. | 你不答应我就不走 |
[38:27] | Fine, you got it. Give me my breakfast. | 行 我同意 快给我早餐 |
[38:29] | I’d like it in writing. | 我要你写下来 |
[38:30] | I’ll tattoo it on your face if you like. | 你想要的话我可以纹在你脸上 |
[38:33] | No, that won’t be necessary. Thanks. | 不了 没这个必要 谢了 |
[38:36] | Come on, let’s go. | 快 我们走 |
[38:50] | Any tips, then? | 有什么建议吗 |
[38:52] | Don’t die. | 别摔死 |
[38:57] | All right. | 好的 |
[39:01] | – You’re not coming up? – Crashes look just as good from here. | -你不上来吗 -在这里观赏事故现场也不错 |
[39:11] | I’m doing it. | 我跳定了 |
[39:12] | Sure you are. | 当然没问题 |
[39:15] | – Hi. – Yeah? | -嘿 -怎么了 |
[39:17] | He’s not actually going to jump, is he? | 他不会打算真跳吧 |
[39:19] | He’s crazy but he’s not suicidal. He’s just… | 他是很疯狂 但他并没有想轻生的念头 他只是 |
[39:23] | kylling, you know. Kylling. | 扑棱翅膀 你知道的 |
[39:26] | – What? – Game of chicken. Kylling. | -那是什么 -小鸡游戏 扑棱翅膀 |
[40:24] | – Everything okay? – Yeah, fine. Just getting ready. | -你还好吗 -我很好 正在准备中 |
[40:28] | Never done it before. | 我以前没跳过 |
[40:32] | Honestly? | 你开玩笑吗 |
[40:33] | – Could you give me a push, please? – A push? | -你能不能推我一把 -推你一把 |
[40:38] | It’s a lot higher than I expected it to… | 这比我想象中的要高得 |
[40:51] | Don’t bend your legs! | 别弓着腿 |
[41:06] | Stay there. Can you move? | 待着别动 还能动吗 |
[41:09] | You could’ve killed yourself. | 你差点害自己没命了 |
[41:11] | Just stay there. | 待着别动 |
[41:15] | Take it easy, everything’s under control. | 别紧张 一切都在掌控之中 |
[41:17] | This happens again, you will need a stretcher, too. | 再发生这种事 你也等着被担架扛走吧 |
[41:20] | I’ll look forward to it, man. | 我期待着这一天 |
[41:23] | Take away. | 带走 |
[41:33] | Man. | 天呐 |
[41:37] | Crazy Brit. | 这英国人真疯狂 |
[42:10] | 沃伦·夏普 《我的跳台滑雪人生》 | |
[42:32] | Peary was the most naturally gifted ski-jumper I ever trained. | 皮尔里是我教过的最有天赋的跳台滑雪运动员 |
[42:36] | And he’s also my biggest disappointment. | 但他也是最令我感到失望的人 |
[42:39] | He should have been my greatest champion… | 他本可以成为我最得意的冠军徒弟 |
[42:42] | but his focus was not always on the mountain. | 但他的精力并没有一直放在滑雪山上 |
[42:46] | He never understood that a true | 他根本不明白 对一个真正的奥运选手来说 |
[42:48] | Olympian was not just about a God-given skill set. | 最重要的并不是拥有绝佳的天赋技能 |
[42:51] | It’s about never giving up, no matter what. | 而是不管发生什么 都不要放弃 |
[43:01] | Knowing that doing your best is the only option… | 唯一能做的只有发挥自己最好的水平 |
[43:05] | even if it results in failure. | 即使现在的结果是失败的 |
[43:28] | Bronson Peary was my biggest disappointment. | 布朗森·皮尔里是最令我感到失望的人 |
[43:49] | Not gonna kill me, are you? | 你不会想杀了我吧 |
[43:51] | If I wanted to kill you, I’d let | 我要是想杀你的话 |
[43:53] | you continue this suicidal journey on your own… | 就不会管你了 只会让你继续玩火自焚 |
[43:56] | because something tells me you’re not gonna give up. | 因为我知道你是不会打算放弃的 |
[43:59] | I plan to try and jump the 70 meters again as soon as possible. | 等我身体好了我计划再去试一次70米跳台 |
[44:01] | No. Your plan is as follows. | 不 你的计划是这样的 |
[44:04] | I am gonna teach you how to land the 70 meter. | 我会教你如何从70米跳台落地 |
[44:07] | Let’s face it, you’ve done the hardest part which is… | 说实话 你已经完成最困难的一步了 |
[44:10] | actually having the guts to do it. Right? | 那就是有胆子跳下去 你懂吗 |
[44:13] | Most people take one look at it, walk away forever. | 大部分人都只会看一眼 然后一辈子都不会去尝试了 |
[44:15] | Not Eddie Edwards, so… | 但艾迪·爱德华兹你不同 所以 |
[44:17] | Garmisch Seniors Tournament. Next month. | 加米施成人锦标赛 下个月进行 |
[44:21] | Final jump of the day is an open event | 最后一跳是公开赛 |
[44:23] | so if you could just land one jump, you are… | 所以只要你成功落地一次 你就 |
[44:26] | – Going to the Olympics. – Exactly. Get better soon. | -可以参加奥运会了 -是的 快点好起来吧 |
[44:31] | – All right, coach. – I’m not your coach. Okay? | -遵命 教练 -我可不是你的教练 |
[44:34] | Seriously. A coach teaches you how to jump properly. | 说真的 教练会教你如何正确地跳跃 |
[44:36] | I’m teaching you to land to get | 我只是教你如何落地 |
[44:38] | you out of my hair as soon as possible. Got it? | 这样你就不会来烦我了 知道么 |
[44:42] | – Peary. – What? | -皮尔里 -干什么 |
[44:45] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[44:49] | Fine. Get better. | 没事 快点好起来吧 |
[45:12] | If you’re gonna do this, we should run through things. | 在你学会落地之前 我们先要做些准备 |
[45:15] | Are your knees better? They better be. | 你的膝盖好些了么 最好是这样 |
[45:18] | – Okay, you ready? – Yeah. | -准备好了么 -好了 |
[45:21] | Okay, before we start, who’s your favorite female movie star? | 好的 开始前我先问你 你最喜欢的女电影明星是谁 |
[45:25] | – Honestly? – Yeah. | -说真的吗 -是的 |
[45:27] | – Bo Derek. – Bo Derek? Okay, good call. | -宝黛丽 -宝黛丽 很好 |
[45:29] | Okay, every jump from here on in… | 你每次从这儿起跳 |
[45:32] | I want you to approach it as though you are making love | 我要你都感觉像是同美丽的宝黛丽 |
[45:35] | to the beautiful Bo Derek. | 做爱一般 |
[45:37] | – Okay? – Right. | -好吗 -好 |
[45:39] | Starting gate is your foreplay. | 开始的时候就像前戏一样 |
[45:41] | The in-run is where you build your rhythm. | 进去探索之后慢慢地找到规律 |
[45:44] | And the take-off, that’s your special moment. All right? | 然后起跳的那一刹那 就是你最爽的时刻 懂么 |
[45:48] | Same facial expressions. Same straining of the muscles. | 一样的面部表情 一样会肌肉紧绷 |
[45:51] | Same peaceful feeling of release. If you do it right. | 一样会有释放之后的快感 如果你做对了的话 |
[45:56] | Of course, with any act of love-making | 当然了 做爱的时候 |
[45:57] | there’s only one way to be sure you’ve done it right. | 确定做没做对的方法只有一个 |
[46:00] | Right? | 你知道吗 |
[46:01] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[46:04] | You fall asleep? | 自己睡着吗 |
[46:06] | She falls asleep? | 让她睡着吗 |
[46:08] | Okay. Watch. | 好吧 你看着 |
[46:27] | Bo Derek! | 宝黛丽 |
[46:31] | Yeah! | 耶 |
[46:35] | – Right. Am I going down there? – Yeah. | -好的 我要从这儿下去吗 -是的 |
[46:38] | Brilliant. | 太棒了 |
[46:41] | Crouch. Clench. Release. | 屈膝 紧绷 然后释放 |
[46:45] | That’s it. | 就是这样 |
[46:47] | Yes! | 好的 |
[46:49] | The most shattering | 这是你这辈子 |
[46:50] | physical and emotional experience of your life | 身心都受到巨大冲击的体验 |
[46:52] | and that’s the noise you make? | 你就这么点动静吗 |
[46:53] | It is in England, yeah. | 在英国是这样的 |
[46:58] | Do it again. | 再来一次 |
[47:04] | – That’s what I’m talking about. – That was better, weren’t it? | -这才是我说的感觉 -这次好多了吧 |
[47:06] | Bo Derek! Yeah, baby! | 宝黛丽 耶 宝贝儿 |
[47:09] | I think a little bit of wee came out. | 我觉得我好像有点尿了 |
[47:13] | So, all you have to do is make this landing and you qualify. | 你需要做的就是成功落地 然后获得资格去比赛 |
[47:17] | One jump away from the Olympics, man. Get your skis. | 这一跳将决定你的奥运之旅 兄弟 拿起滑雪板吧 |
[47:21] | Okay. Stay focused. Do everything I told you to do only better. | 注意力集中 照我说的 尽力去做得更好 |
[47:27] | A lot better. Go. | 还要做得更好才行 走吧 |
[47:39] | He says you must treat every jump as if it is your last. | 那个人劝你把每次跳跃都当作生命中的最后一次 |
[47:44] | We are saying for us, that is easy. | 但我们都觉得这很简单 |
[47:49] | I know the feeling. | 我知道那种感觉 |
[47:51] | Idiot. The Englishman will die. | 蠢货 这个英国佬肯定死定了 |
[47:56] | Edwards… | 爱德华兹 |
[47:58] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[47:59] | Edwards. Great Britain. | 英国队 爱德华兹 |
[48:14] | Come on, Eddie. Come on, man. | 加油 艾迪 加油 兄弟 |
[48:22] | Bo Derek. | 宝黛丽 |
[48:39] | Arms back, chest down, fanny in. Lift, lift! | 手臂向后 胸口朝下 屁股收紧 身体支撑起来 |
[49:03] | Edwards, 34 meters. | 爱德华兹 34米 |
[49:06] | You’re in the Olympics. | 你可以参加奥运会咯 |
[49:25] | Really? | 你上镜了 |
[49:27] | “Plucky plasterer ‘Fast’ Eddie Edwards…” | 大胆的泥瓦匠 飞快的艾迪·爱德华兹 |
[49:30] | Fast? | 飞快 |
[49:31] | “Set a new British record in | 上周在德国加米施锦标赛上 |
[49:33] | ski-jumping last week at Garmisch, Germany… | 他以34米的成绩打破了英国史上 |
[49:35] | “Jumping 34 meters.” | 跳台滑雪的记录 |
[49:38] | “Plucky plasterer.” | 大胆的泥瓦匠 |
[49:40] | My dad would like that. | 我爸会喜欢这个绰号的 |
[49:43] | Peary, this has got the Olympic rings on. | 皮尔里 这封信上印有奥运会五环 |
[49:45] | Well, it won’t open itself, man. | 是吗 快打开看看 |
[50:02] | “We request the pleasure of | 英国奥林匹克总部 |
[50:03] | your company at the British Olympic Headquarters.” | 恭候你的光临 |
[50:08] | My work is done, man. You’re on your way. | 我的任务完成了 兄弟 现在你要靠自己了 |
[50:11] | “Fast” Eddie Edwards. | 飞快的艾迪·爱德华兹 |
[50:21] | – Mr. Edwards. – Mr. Target. | -爱德华兹先生 -塔吉特先生 |
[50:23] | I just wanted to say to you and to all of you… | 我想对在场的所有人说 |
[50:26] | what an honor this is and… | 来到这里我感到非常的荣幸 |
[50:29] | I promise not to let you or the Olympic Team down. | 我发誓绝不会让你们和奥运团队失望的 |
[50:33] | Yes, that’s very nice, Eddie, but… | 这很好 艾迪 但是 |
[50:36] | in the interest of safety we’ve ratified a minimum distance of… | 出于安全考虑 我们已经修改了条件 距离最少要达到 |
[50:41] | 61 meters. | 61米才行 |
[50:43] | Great. | 好极了 |
[50:44] | “Athletes must now have jumped a minimum distance of 61 meters… | 在英国奥林匹克协会认可的比赛中 |
[50:48] | “In a British Olympic Association recognized tournament… | 只有距离至少到达61米 |
[50:52] | “In order to qualify for the National Olympic Squad.” | 才能有资格参加奥运会 |
[50:56] | – I’m afraid your jump doesn’t count, son. – Wait, hang on. | -恐怕你的成绩不达标 孩子 -等下 |
[50:59] | – I’ve already qualified. – Well, technically, you haven’t. | -我明明已经获得资格了 -事实上你并没有 |
[51:02] | Because you just changed the rules. | 可你刚刚才修改的条件 |
[51:04] | It costs 4.5 million to send a National Squad to the Olympics. | 我们派国家队去参加奥运会的成本就有450万英镑 |
[51:10] | The Government gives us a mere fraction of that. | 政府只给我们报销极少的部分 |
[51:13] | How do you think we make up the difference? | 你觉得我们该从哪儿弥补差额呢 |
[51:16] | – TV. – Sponsorship. | -电视台 -赞助商 |
[51:18] | These companies pay to be associated with certain qualities. | 这些公司只会在有能力的运动员身上花钱 |
[51:23] | Excellence. Achievements. Victory. | 他们追求卓越成就和胜利 |
[51:26] | Strangely, they have no desire to be associated with | 可惜的是 他们并不想在这种动作滑稽 屡次失败的 |
[51:29] | ludicrous antics and defeat. | 运动员身上花钱 |
[51:32] | So, why do I stop being ludicrous if I jump 61 meters? | 难道仅凭距离达到61米就能保证动作不滑稽吗 |
[51:36] | That is the distance ratified by our Safety Committee. | 这个距离是由安全委员会决定的 |
[51:41] | Personally, I’d prefer it to be higher. | 我个人觉得标准应该更高 |
[51:45] | Or is it longer? I never can tell. | 或者更长 我也说不准 |
[51:48] | Either way, we will not have amateurs in the Olympics. | 不管怎样 我们都不会让一个业余选手去参加奥运会的 |
[51:52] | I thought the Olympics was for amateurs. | 奥运会不就是让业余选手参加的吗 |
[51:59] | As the premier jumper and the British record holder… | 作为英国第一跳台滑雪运动员以及纪录保持者 |
[52:02] | don’t you think I have a right to represent my country? | 你们难道不觉得我有资格代表我的国家出战吗 |
[52:07] | No. | 不觉得 |
[52:11] | You can see yourself out. | 慢走不送 |
[52:15] | What? | 什么 |
[52:16] | – It’s British unausstehlichs. – I know. | -他们真烦啊 -我知道 |
[52:19] | The only way to qualify is to make 61 meters in competition. | 唯一获得资格的方式就是在比赛中距离达到61米 |
[52:23] | So I’m gonna go on the European circuit. | 所以我要去参加欧洲巡回赛 |
[52:25] | Man, that’s easier said than done. | 伙计 这事儿说起来容易做起来难啊 |
[52:28] | I’d need you to come, too. Will you help me? | 我也想要你一起来 你愿意帮我吗 |
[52:31] | Sure, Fly Boy. Why not? | 当然了 飞天小子 当然 |
[52:33] | You get the money, the transport, I’m in. Let’s do this. | 你去备好钱和车 我就干 我们一起好好干一场 |
[52:40] | So, if this is you now… | 如果这个是你 |
[52:44] | how much more are they asking you to jump? | 他们还要你跳多高 |
[52:58] | That’s you up poo creek. | 这还不把你吓得尿裤子 |
[53:00] | Terry. | 泰瑞 |
[53:02] | If I’m gonna go on the European | 如果我要去参加欧洲巡回赛 |
[53:03] | circuit I’m gonna need to raise some serious cash. | 我就必须得好好筹些现金 |
[53:06] | Don’t ask us, we ain’t got any. | 别跟我说 我们又没钱 |
[53:08] | I know. | 我知道 |
[53:09] | What about the money for the van? Can’t that wait till next year? | 要不用那笔买货车的钱 我们可以等到明年再买吧 |
[53:12] | No. I am not spending any more money on this rubbish. | 不 我不会再花任何钱在这种破事上了 |
[53:17] | It’s a matter of time before | 迟早有一天 |
[53:18] | he walks through that door in a wheelchair. | 他会坐着轮椅回家 |
[53:21] | So you’ve gotta stop taking | 所以你别再干 |
[53:22] | these stupid risks and do a bit of plastering. | 这些愚蠢又危险的事了 干点泥瓦活好不好 |
[53:25] | You tried your best. Fair play. | 你尽力了 讲道理的话 |
[53:27] | Well done. But it wasn’t good enough. | 干得不错 但还不够好 |
[53:29] | So all this has gotta stop. End of. | 所以不能再这么干了 该结束了 |
[53:32] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[53:39] | Hurry up. I don’t wanna be late. | 快点 我可不想迟到 |
[53:41] | – What are you doing? – He’s coming to work with me. | -你在干嘛 -他要来和我一起工作了 |
[53:44] | – Is he? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -是的 |
[53:46] | Oi, son, up you get. | 嘿 儿子 起床了 |
[53:48] | Look… | 看 |
[53:53] | – What the hell are you playing at? | -你他妈的在干什么 |
[53:55] | – Just need it for a few weeks. | -就借它几周用用 |
[53:56] | Get out of that van. Now. | 从那货车上滚下去 快点 |
[53:59] | I’ll take really good care of it, I promise. Thank you. Love you. | 我会好好照顾它的 我保证 谢谢 爱你哦 |
[54:03] | Oi. Come back here! You thieving little git! | 嘿 你给我回来 你个偷车贼 |
[54:08] | – Did you know about this? – Yeah. | -你之前知道这件事吗 -嗯 |
[54:11] | And you’re not gonna like what I did with our savings, either. | 而且我还把我们的积蓄给他了 你也不会高兴吧 |
[54:55] | The wanderer returns, huh? | 流浪者就回来了 |
[54:58] | Mum gave me some money and I sorted out the transport. | 妈妈给了我一些钱 我就开车过来了 |
[55:00] | Is that what you call it? Come on, let’s get a drink. | 你把这也叫车 来 我们去喝一杯 |
[55:03] | Hang on. | 等等 |
[55:05] | I don’t wanna get snow on the seat. This window is a bugger. | 我不想让雪飘到椅子上 这窗户真烂 |
[55:11] | I think it’s a good thing they turned you down, man. It is. | 我觉得他们拒绝你也是件好事 伙计 真的 |
[55:15] | I mean, 61 meters is a genuine distance. | 我的意思是 六十一米可不是闹着玩儿的 |
[55:17] | Means you gotta do this for real. | 它意味着你要玩真的 |
[55:20] | Easy for you to say, you were a champion. | 你是冠军 你说这话当然容易 |
[55:22] | You were always really good. | 你一直都很出色 |
[55:25] | I was kicked off every | 我之前每次都被各种队伍赶出来 |
[55:26] | team before I got a chance to prove myself. | 现在终于有机会证明自己了 |
[55:29] | Believe it or not, I do know what it’s like to be written off. | 不管你信不信 我真的能理解那种被抛弃的感觉 |
[55:32] | Of course, my solution was | 当然 我的解决方法就是 |
[55:34] | just to crawl inside the bottle here, but… | 让自己喝得烂醉 不过 |
[55:38] | I was in hospital for a year when I was a kid. | 我小时候曾经住院过一年 |
[55:42] | Dodgy knees. | 膝盖出了点毛病 |
[55:47] | All the doctors said I should give up sport. | 所有的医生都说我应该放弃运动 |
[55:50] | Take up reading. | 去读书 |
[55:54] | First book I got: | 我拿到的第一本书是 |
[55:55] | The Official Olympic Photo Album 1972, Moments of Glory. | 1972年官方奥运特辑《辉煌时刻》 |
[55:59] | Yeah, I know it. | 嗯 我知道那本书 |
[56:04] | Well, anyway, that is the book | 好吧 反正就是那本书 |
[56:06] | that made me realize I needed my own moment. | 让我意识到 我也需要我的荣耀时刻 |
[56:12] | That one thing I could do to prove them all wrong. | 那就是我唯一能做的 来证明他们都错了 |
[56:19] | Do you think I’m mad? | 你觉得我疯了吗 |
[56:21] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[56:23] | You’re completely mad, man. But, hey… | 你完全疯了 伙计 不过 |
[56:27] | you kinda gotta be mad to do this sport, right? | 要搞这项运动确实也需要一点疯狂 是吧 |
[56:29] | Yep. | 对啊 |
[56:32] | So… | 所以… |
[56:35] | if you want your moment, | 如果你也想有你的荣耀时刻 |
[56:37] | Eddie Edwards, I can get you your moment. | 艾迪·爱德华兹 我能帮你实现 |
[56:39] | But it’s gonna hurt like hell. | 不过对我们俩来说 |
[56:42] | For both of us. | 还有千难万险等着我们呢 |
[56:48] | We need to get you some proper equipment. | 我需要给你弄点合适的装备 |
[56:53] | – What are we doing here? – Shopping. | -我们来这儿干嘛 -买东西 |
[57:01] | Perfect. Size 11, right? | 太棒了 十一码 对吧 |
[57:05] | Wow. | 哇 |
[57:09] | – Is this not theft? – It’s the Lost and Found, man. | -这不算偷吗 -只是领别人遗失的东西而已 伙计 |
[57:13] | Some guy dropped 10 bucks on | 有人在路上掉了十块钱 |
[57:14] | the street and you pick it up would that be theft? | 你捡起来了 难道这也算偷吗 |
[57:16] | Yes. | 算 |
[57:17] | – What if he didn’t know it was missing? | -那如果他没发现丢了这十块钱呢 |
[57:19] | – Then I’d give it to charity. | -那我就会把它捐给需要救济的人 |
[57:21] | Eddie, you are a charity. Your needs are much greater. | 艾迪 你才需要救济 你需要的东西比他们多得多 |
[57:25] | What about you? | 那你呢 |
[57:27] | Me? I’m just stealing these. | 我 我要这个就够了 |
[57:38] | – Any better? – It’s not better. It’s crap. | -有进步吗 -没进步 差远了 |
[57:50] | – It’s more difficult than I expected. – Good. | -这比我想象的要难 -不错 |
[58:30] | You’re a disgrace to the sport. | 你真是这项运动的耻辱 |
[58:32] | Really? Good. | 是吗 不错 |
[58:35] | Personal best! | 个人新记录啊 |
[58:38] | And we’re a disgrace! | 我们还是耻辱呢 |
[58:40] | Keep working on your Telemark landing. It’s key. | 继续练你的屈膝旋转着陆 这是关键 |
[58:57] | You’re on your own, man. | 靠你自己咯 伙计 |
[59:01] | Faster, Peary! | 快点 皮尔里 |
[59:03] | More speed! | 加速 |
[59:05] | It’s as fast as this rust-bucket goes. | 已经是这辆破车的最快速度了 |
[59:19] | Edwards. 49 meters. | 爱德华兹 49米 |
[59:53] | It’s a practice jump. | 这只是试跳 |
[59:54] | You don’t need paperwork for a practice jump. | 试跳不需要填表格啊 |
[59:58] | At Oberstdorf we do everything to the letter. | 在奥伯斯多夫 干什么都要文字记录 |
[1:00:01] | – I could’ve done two jumps by now. | 写的时间都能跳两次了 |
[1:00:03] | – Relax. Focused, not tense, remember? | 别急 集中注意力 别紧张 记住了吗 |
[1:00:06] | Focused, not tense. | 集中注意力 别紧张 |
[1:00:36] | I did it. 61 meters. | 我做到了 六十一米 |
[1:00:39] | Without a headwind or breakfast. | 没有逆风 也没吃早餐 |
[1:00:42] | Do that tomorrow, you’re in, they can’t get rid of you. | 明天你那么做 一定能进 他们不可能不要你 |
[1:00:45] | Really? I’m gonna tell your dad. | 真的吗 我要告诉你爸爸 |
[1:00:47] | He’s gonna love it. Yeah, all right. | 他一定会超开心 就这样 |
[1:00:50] | All right, lovely. | 好的 爱你宝贝 |
[1:00:52] | Oh, my God. | 噢 天哪 |
[1:00:58] | He has just jumped 61 meters in practice. | 他刚在练习的时候跳了六十一米 |
[1:01:01] | 61 meters. | 六十一米 |
[1:01:03] | And if he makes that tomorrow, he qualifies for the Olympics! | 如果他明天也能跳那么远 他就有资格参加奥运会了 |
[1:01:29] | Number 11, Edwards. Great Britain. | 十一号 英国 爱德华兹 |
[1:01:47] | Ready. | 准备 |
[1:02:17] | Edwards, Great Britain. No jump. | 英国 爱德华兹 失败 |
[1:02:22] | This is my last chance. You’ve got to give me another run. | 这是我最后一次机会了 求你再让我试一次 |
[1:02:26] | – We do everything to the letter. – You keep saying. | -我们做什么都有文字记录 -你一直在这么说 |
[1:02:30] | But it doesn’t help me. | 但这并帮不到我 |
[1:02:32] | The British Olympic Association | 英国奥委会 |
[1:02:34] | are trying to stop me, but I have to do this. | 想要阻止我参赛 但我一定要参加 |
[1:02:37] | This year 61 meters. Next year it’ll be 71 meters. | 今年要求六十一米 明年就会要求七十一米 |
[1:02:40] | Then it’s too late. | 那我就来不及了 |
[1:02:42] | I am going up that hill to | 我要去跳台再跳一次 |
[1:02:43] | jump and you are going to record my distance. | 你要记下我的距离 |
[1:02:46] | No more jumping. | 不能再跳了 |
[1:02:51] | Hey, come on. | 嘿 来吧 |
[1:02:53] | Let’s go, man. Let’s go. | 我们走 伙计 走吧 |
[1:03:22] | You gotta put that crash behind you, | 艾迪 你要从刚才的失败中走出来 |
[1:03:24] | Eddie. And remember that practice… | 记住那次练习 |
[1:03:27] | I want you to know that was | 我希望你知道 |
[1:03:28] | the best jump you’ve ever done, by a mile. | 那是你目前最好的一跳 |
[1:03:31] | Everything was working, man, everything. It was… | 你的进步很大 伙计 真的 |
[1:03:35] | Your take-off, your timing, your balance… | 你的起跳 时间把控 平衡感 |
[1:03:38] | your trajectory all working together. | 还有轨道 都控制的非常好 |
[1:03:40] | It was like second nature. It was… | 就像本能一样 简直… |
[1:03:44] | It was beautiful. | 简直美极了 |
[1:03:48] | I was really proud of you, man. | 我真为你骄傲 伙计 |
[1:04:18] | Mum… | 妈妈 |
[1:04:19] | Dad was right. | 我爸说得对 |
[1:04:21] | Wasted all this time and money on nothing. | 我在浪费时间和金钱 却什么也没得到 |
[1:04:24] | My dream’s turned into a nightmare. | 我的梦想变成了噩梦 |
[1:04:27] | I’m really sorry to have done this… | 我很抱歉让你们失望了 |
[1:04:30] | I promise I’m gonna make it up to you. | 我保证我一定会补偿你们 |
[1:04:34] | – No more messing around. – Don’t be silly. | -不会再胡闹了 -别傻了 |
[1:04:36] | You’ve had knock-backs before and it’s never stopped you. | 你之前也遇到过挫折 它从没有阻挡你的脚步 |
[1:04:39] | Dust yourself off. | 拍拍身子 振作起来 |
[1:04:41] | Mum, you don’t understand. I’m never going to the Olympics. | 妈 你不明白 我再也没机会上奥运会了 |
[1:04:46] | That was my one chance and I blew it. | 我有那么好的机会却搞砸了 |
[1:04:50] | So I’m gonna work the | 我这周给佩特拉干完活 |
[1:04:51] | week out for Petra and then I’m coming home. | 然后我就回家 |
[1:04:53] | Good. | 那好 |
[1:04:54] | Get the van back sharpish, | 快点把货车还回来 |
[1:04:56] | and I don’t ever wanna hear about ski-jumps again. | 然后再也别想什么跳台滑雪了 |
[1:04:59] | Goodnight. | 晚安 |
[1:05:03] | Don’t worry about him, love. | 别担心他 亲爱的 |
[1:05:06] | It’ll be fine. | 一切都会好起来的 |
[1:05:08] | – I love you. – Love you, too, Mum. | -我爱你 -我也爱你 妈妈 |
[1:05:11] | Bye. | 再见 |
[1:05:13] | Bye. | 再见 |
[1:05:29] | Hey, Eddie, this came for you. | 嘿 艾迪 你的信 |
[1:05:36] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:05:51] | – Peary! – Come here. I’ve been doing some thinking. | -皮尔里 -过来 我最近在研究 |
[1:05:54] | They recorded the flippin’ practice jump. | 他们把试跳的成绩也记录了 |
[1:05:59] | It’s official. It counts. | 官方成绩 有效 |
[1:06:01] | – 61 meters. – “Everything to the letter.” | -61米 -“什么都有文字记录” |
[1:06:05] | You should go and pack, my friend, | 你该去收拾收拾行李了 朋友 |
[1:06:07] | because we are going to Canada. | 我们要去加拿大了 |
[1:06:10] | If you go now, they’re never gonna let you back. | 如果你现在去的话 他们不会让你反悔了 |
[1:06:11] | – You understand that? – So? | -你明白吗 -所以呢 |
[1:06:13] | So, all you can prove is you don’t mind coming last? | 所以 你只能证明你不介意当最后一名 |
[1:06:18] | I don’t mind really. | 我不介意 真的 |
[1:06:21] | Okay, look, you and me, we should take another four years. Okay? | 好吧 听着 你和我 我们可以再准备四年 好吗 |
[1:06:25] | Let me coach you properly and we can do this for real. | 让我用合适的方法训练你 我们能真正练好这个项目 |
[1:06:28] | You could even jump the 90 meter and be taken seriously, Eddie. | 你甚至可能跳九十米 让他们看得起你 艾迪 |
[1:06:32] | What are you talking about? We’ve just pulled off the impossible. | 你在说些什么 我们刚完成了不可能完成的事 |
[1:06:34] | I’m gonna go. | 我要去 |
[1:06:36] | Then you’re on your own. | 那你就一个人去吧 |
[1:06:38] | It won’t mean anything if you sell yourself short. | 你这样看轻自己有什么意义呢 |
[1:06:41] | What’s the matter with you? | 你怎么了 |
[1:06:42] | We should go back in ’92, not as a qualifier, as a contender. | 我们该等到九二年 不仅获得参赛资格 还能有机会竞争奖牌 |
[1:06:45] | This is everything we’ve worked for, isn’t it? | 我们这么努力不就是为了参加奥运会吗 不是吗 |
[1:06:48] | Listen to me… | 听我说 |
[1:06:49] | a year after I got bumped from the Olympic Squad | 在我被奥运队逐出的一年后 |
[1:06:51] | I went back to Warren Sharp to apologize. | 我回去给沃伦·夏普道歉 |
[1:06:54] | I literally got down on my | 我真的跪下道歉 |
[1:06:55] | knees and I begged him to let me jump again. | 求他让我归队 |
[1:06:57] | You wanna know what his last words to me were? | 你知道他跟我说的最后一句话是什么吗 |
[1:06:59] | “You will never take jumping seriously | “你永远不会把跳台滑雪当回事儿” |
[1:07:01] | “Because you do not take yourself seriously.” | “因为你从来不把自己当回事儿” |
[1:07:05] | Okay. Are they gonna be your last words to me, too? | 好吧 所以这也是你跟我说的最后一句话吗 |
[1:07:09] | Don’t make the same mistake, Eddie. Okay? I’m begging you. | 不要犯和我一样的错误 艾迪 好吗 我求你了 |
[1:07:13] | Do it right or don’t do it at all. | 要么别做 要做就做好 |
[1:07:15] | You’re crazy. This time a year ago you were plowing snow. | 你疯了 一年前你还在铲雪 |
[1:07:18] | And you were landing on your head. | 一年前你还不会落地呢 |
[1:07:20] | Look at the progress we’ve made. | 看看我们进步了多少 |
[1:07:21] | Exactly! This is my moment! | 对啊 这就是我的荣耀时刻 |
[1:07:23] | Don’t make this your moment, please! They’ll make you a fool. | 别把这个当作荣耀时刻 拜托 他们会瞧不起你 |
[1:07:28] | Well, I’d rather be a sober fool than a drunken coward! | 好吧 我宁愿当一个清醒的傻瓜也不愿意当一个酗酒的懦夫 |
[1:07:56] | Any pinching under the arms, sir? | 胳膊下面紧吗 先生 |
[1:08:02] | Maybe you were right, we should have gone for 71 meters. | 也许你说得对 我们应该要求71米的 |
[1:08:06] | Yes, maybe you should have. | 是啊 你确实应该 |
[1:08:22] | And where do you think you’re going, young man? | 你这是要去哪儿啊 小伙子 |
[1:08:26] | – The Olympics. – I know. | -奥运会 -我知道 |
[1:08:31] | I thought you might need this. | 我觉得你可能需要这个 |
[1:08:35] | – Don’t think I’ll win any medals. – Well, you never know, pet. | -别指望我会得奖牌了 -这可说不准啊 宝贝 |
[1:08:39] | But if not, you’ll like the sandwiches. | 就算得不到 你也会喜欢里面的三明治的 |
[1:08:42] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:08:44] | Your dad’s sorry he couldn’t come. | 你爸爸很遗憾他不能来 |
[1:08:48] | Have fun. | 好好玩 |
[1:08:50] | I will. | 我会的 |
[1:08:54] | Skis in the back, Edwards. | 滑板放后面 爱德华兹 |
[1:08:57] | He seems nice. | 他看起来很友善嘛 |
[1:09:00] | Yeah. Thanks for coming, Mum. | 是啊 谢谢你能过来 妈妈 |
[1:09:35] | Okay, this guy right here. | 嗯 就是这家伙 |
[1:09:37] | Okay, give me some space, boys. | 好吧 我单独去找找他 伙计们 |
[1:09:41] | I’ll catch you in five, fellas. | 五分钟后去找你们 |
[1:09:46] | Gotta love them mountains, huh. | 喜欢这些山吧 |
[1:09:48] | – Eddie, isn’t it? Zach. – I know. | -你叫艾迪 对吧 我叫扎克 -我知道 |
[1:09:50] | This is my second Olympics. So I know exactly how you’re feeling. | 这是我第二次参加奥运会 所以我知道你的感觉 |
[1:09:54] | Little bit overwhelmed? | 有点慌张吧 |
[1:09:56] | – Just glad to be here really. – Yeah, I bet. | -就是真的很开心能到这儿来 -是啊 当然 |
[1:09:58] | I know Target’s not a big fan, but forget about him. | 我知道塔吉特不太喜欢你 但别理他 |
[1:10:02] | You’re part of the team and that makes you okay in my book. | 你是队伍的一员 我觉得这样就挺好了 |
[1:10:04] | In fact we’ve got a little team tradition going. | 实际上我们队有个小小的传统 |
[1:10:07] | I’d love you to come along. | 希望你也能一起来 |
[1:10:08] | I was gonna have a stroll and get my bearings. | 我打算去散散步 熟悉一下这一带 |
[1:10:11] | What do you need to know? We’re in Canada. | 你要熟悉什么 我们在加拿大啊 |
[1:10:12] | You’ve got mountains and snow. | 周围就是山和雪 |
[1:10:14] | Now you’ve got your bearings. You’re gonna love this. Let’s go. | 现在你算熟悉了吧 跟我来吧 你会喜欢的 |
[1:10:21] | I don’t really drink, Zach. | 我不太喝酒 扎克 |
[1:10:23] | Everybody on the team does it. | 所有的队员都喝啊 |
[1:10:25] | Do you wanna put a curse on us all? | 你是要让我们所有人都遭到厄运吗 |
[1:10:27] | A curse, really? | 厄运 至于吗 |
[1:10:28] | It’s just a thing. | 这就是个仪式 |
[1:10:31] | Some of the guys believe it. It’s for good luck… | 有些队员信这个 是为了好运 |
[1:10:34] | but it’s a team tradition, Ed. | 但这是队里的传统 艾迪 |
[1:10:36] | And you are part of this team. | 你现在是队伍的一员了 |
[1:10:42] | To the British team. | 致英国队 |
[1:10:43] | There you go, that’s the spirit. | 这就对了 就是这股劲 |
[1:10:46] | Can I get a lager beer and a mineral water here, please? | 来一杯啤酒 一瓶矿泉水 谢谢 |
[1:10:49] | – Do I have to do all five of them? – Yeah, you bet. | -我要喝完所有这五杯吗 -是啊 当然 |
[1:10:52] | Good choice. That’s absinthe. | 选的不错 那是苦艾酒 |
[1:10:59] | 57 nations. | 五十七个国家 |
[1:11:01] | 1,700 athletes. | 一千七百名运动员 |
[1:11:04] | 60,000 spectators. | 六万名现场观众 |
[1:11:06] | And more than 2 billion TV viewers around the globe. | 以及二十多亿世界各地的电视观众 |
[1:11:09] | All have come together for the 15th Olympic Winter Games… | 为第十五届冬季奥运会齐聚一堂 |
[1:11:14] | where today… | 今天在这里 |
[1:11:15] | the words will be spoken: “Let the games begin!” | 大家都会喊出 比赛开始吧 |
[1:11:22] | Where is he? | 他在哪儿 |
[1:11:24] | I can’t see him. | 我没看到他 |
[1:11:28] | What are they doing with those stupid berets on? | 他们干嘛戴着那些愚蠢的贝雷帽 |
[1:11:31] | It’s all a bit stupid if you ask me. | 要我说啊 他们都有点蠢 |
[1:11:34] | I mean, what have horses gotta do with skiing? | 我是说 马和滑雪有什么关系 |
[1:11:43] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:11:49] | I love this guy. | 我喜欢这家伙 |
[1:11:53] | Wake up, Princess Anne. | 醒醒吧 安妮公主 |
[1:11:55] | My head. | 头好痛 |
[1:12:00] | How long have I got? | 我还有多少时间 |
[1:12:01] | I’m sorry, it seems like you overslept. | 很遗憾 看起来你睡过头了 |
[1:12:05] | Me and the fellas wanted | 我和我的伙伴们要 |
[1:12:06] | to thank you for helping us avoid that curse. | 谢谢你让我们免遭厄运 |
[1:12:11] | Think I’m about to have my first fight, ever. | 我从不打架的 但我现在想动手了 |
[1:12:13] | This is the complaint I was telling you about. | 这就是我刚刚和你表达的抱怨 |
[1:12:17] | – What’s going on here? – Team talk. | -你们在干什么 -队内会谈 |
[1:12:20] | I find that rather surprising | 这可真让人吃惊啊 |
[1:12:21] | considering you were not with the team earlier. | 你刚刚可不在队里 |
[1:12:25] | Any particular reason you were not with us at the ceremony? | 为什么没和我们一起去开幕式 有什么特殊原因吗 |
[1:12:29] | Upset tummy. Had to come down and clean my kit. | 肚子不舒服 只好下来解决一下 |
[1:12:34] | You’d better get your nerves under | 你等会比赛的时候可别紧张 |
[1:12:35] | control otherwise you’ll be jumping in a nappy. | 不然你就得穿着尿布比赛了 |
[1:12:45] | The crowd have really come alive at the sight of the Flying Finn. | 看到芬兰飞人 观众都沸腾起来了 |
[1:12:49] | Not what you’d call an accessible figure. | 不是太好接近的一个人 |
[1:12:51] | Prefers to let his jumping do the talking. | 更喜欢用他的成绩说话 |
[1:12:55] | And here he comes. | 现在他上场了 |
[1:13:07] | Oh, my word! This is his first speech. | 噢 天哪 这就是他的开场 |
[1:13:09] | That is a big jump. That is very big. | 真的是很棒的一跳 太厉害了 |
[1:13:13] | It’s over 100 meters. It’s 114 meters. | 超过100米了啊 114米 |
[1:13:16] | That is a very impressive first jump. | 这真是令人印象深刻的第一跳 |
[1:13:19] | The crowd are on their feet. | 观众都站起来了 |
[1:13:21] | Mind you, he doesn’t look very impressed… | 要提醒大家的是 他看起来并不把这当回事 |
[1:13:24] | because he sets himself very high standards. | 因为他对自己要求很高 |
[1:13:27] | We’ll definitely see him this time, love. | 这次我们一定能看到他了 亲爱的 |
[1:13:30] | Yeah, falling on his arse. | 是啊 屁股着地落下来 |
[1:13:34] | The one participant from Great Britain… | 接下来是英国选手 |
[1:13:38] | number 24, Eddie Edwards. | 二十四号 艾迪·爱德华兹 |
[1:13:45] | And here he comes. Britain’s Michael “Eddie” Edwards. | 他上场了 英国的迈克尔·艾迪·爱德华兹 |
[1:13:49] | Come on, Eddie. | 加油啊 艾迪 |
[1:13:52] | Terry, love, he’s about to jump. Come on. | 泰瑞 亲爱的 他就要跳了 快来 |
[1:13:54] | A relative newcomer to the sport. | 在这个项目中他算是个新人 |
[1:13:57] | Not a lot of information about him. | 并没有很多关于他的信息 |
[1:13:59] | He would never have experienced | 可以肯定的是 他以前一定 |
[1:14:01] | an atmosphere like this before, that’s for sure. | 没有经历过这样的气氛 |
[1:14:04] | It’ll be the first for me to be commentating on a British… | 这是我第一次在奥运会评论一个英国的 |
[1:14:08] | ski-jumper at the Olympics and let’s hope he’s the first of many. | 跳台滑雪运动员 我们也期待以后有更多英国面孔 |
[1:14:46] | Yes! | 太棒了 |
[1:14:54] | To say his style is unorthodox | 他的风格 |
[1:14:56] | would be something of an understatement… | 已经不能用“另类”来形容了 |
[1:14:59] | but it obviously works for him. | 但显然这风格非常适合他 |
[1:15:03] | And the scoreboard shows… 60.5 meters. | 他的成绩是 60.5米 |
[1:15:09] | It is a new British Olympic record. | 这创下了英国最好的奥运记录 |
[1:15:11] | Oh, my God. | 噢 天哪 |
[1:15:13] | I’m a British record… | 我打破了英国纪录 |
[1:15:15] | Mum, I love you. British record! | 妈妈 我爱你 英国纪录 |
[1:15:18] | I love you, too, son. | 我也爱你 儿子 |
[1:15:20] | I’m a British record holder! Yes! | 我打破了英国纪录 太棒了 |
[1:15:33] | And look at the young man. | 看看这个小伙子 |
[1:15:35] | He’s overjoyed with himself. | 他高兴坏了 |
[1:15:40] | And the crowd are loving this. He’s really getting them going. | 观众们都在欢呼雀跃 他们都很喜欢他啊 |
[1:15:49] | Eddie, what are you doing? Not funny. | 艾迪 你在做什么 这不好玩 |
[1:16:08] | He may not have soared like an eagle, | 他也许不能像雄鹰一样翱翔 |
[1:16:10] | but he’s certainly flapping around like one. | 但他扑棱起来有模有样的 |
[1:16:13] | Would you believe it? | 你能相信吗 |
[1:16:15] | Britain’s Eddie “The Eagle” Edwards having the time of his life. | 来自英国的飞鹰艾迪正享受着胜利的欢呼 |
[1:16:19] | The crowd have certainly | 飞鹰艾迪显然 |
[1:16:21] | taken our Eddie “The Eagle” To their hearts. | 已给观众们留下了深刻的印象 |
[1:16:26] | What a character. | 真厉害呀 |
[1:16:27] | Looks like that’s the last we’ll | 看来英国的 |
[1:16:29] | be seeing of Great Britain’s Michael Edwards… | 迈克尔·爱德华兹的比赛也就止步于此了 |
[1:16:32] | as he comes last in the 70 meter. | 他在七十米比赛中排名垫底 |
[1:16:35] | Some people are calling him Eddie “The Eagle.” | 有些人管他叫飞鹰艾迪 |
[1:16:36] | I think, given his distances, | 我觉得 考虑到他的成绩 |
[1:16:38] | Eddie “The Penguin” Would be a little more apt. | 企鹅艾迪这个名号更适合他吧 |
[1:16:41] | But at least we have the 90 meter to look forward to. | 不过起码我们还能期待九十米比赛 |
[1:16:44] | Now this is the event that truly separates the men from the boys. | 这个比赛能真正展示出男子汉与小男孩的区别 |
[1:16:47] | One boy who won’t be there is Eddie “The Eagle”… | 有一个小男孩肯定无法参赛 那就是飞鹰艾迪了 |
[1:16:50] | as it’s hard to play up to | 因为被担架抬出去的样子 |
[1:16:52] | the crowd when you’re strapped to a stretcher. | 是很难取悦观众的 |
[1:16:54] | But now over to the bobsleigh event | 现在来看看长橇赛事 |
[1:16:56] | where the Jamaican team are trying to steal Eddie’s… | 牙买加队正想抢艾迪的风头 |
[1:17:09] | Michael Edwards, but everyone calls me Eddie. | 我叫迈克尔·爱德华兹 但大家都管我叫艾迪 |
[1:17:14] | Your name’s not here. | 这上面没有你的名字 |
[1:17:16] | Well, can you check again? I am on the team. | 嗯 你能再检查一遍吗 我在队里的 |
[1:17:20] | You might be on the team but you’re not on the list. | 你也许在队里但你不在这个名单上 |
[1:17:23] | – Appleby, you old dog. – Zach. | -艾波比老哥 -扎克 |
[1:17:26] | Say hi to your daughter for me. | 帮我向你女儿问声好 |
[1:17:38] | Eddie, there you are. I’m Carrie. | 艾迪 你在这啊 我是卡丽 |
[1:17:41] | I handle the press for the British team. | 我负责英国队的宣传报道工作 |
[1:17:43] | Been looking all over for you. Where have you been? | 我正到处找你呢 你去哪儿了 |
[1:17:44] | Here. I tried to get into | 这里 我想进去吃饭 |
[1:17:46] | the lunch but my name’s not on the list. | 但我不在名单里 |
[1:17:48] | Never mind that. | 别管那个了 |
[1:17:49] | There’s a big press turn-out and they want to hear your story. | 有场记者见面会 他们想听听你的故事 |
[1:17:52] | – Wow. Really? – Yes. | -哇哦 真的吗 -是的 |
[1:17:54] | You must remember to thank the British Olympic Association | 你一定要感谢英国奥林匹克协会的 |
[1:17:57] | for all their support. | 大力支持 |
[1:17:58] | – That’s very important. – Okay. | -这很重要 -好的 |
[1:18:00] | Don’t be nervous. Just be yourself and try and enjoy it. | 别紧张 做好自己 尽力享受就行 |
[1:18:04] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:18:08] | Control yourselves, people. Everybody sit down. | 大家安静 所有人都坐下 |
[1:18:11] | One at a time. Sit down. | 一个一个来 坐下 |
[1:18:13] | I’d like to introduce you to Eddie Edwards, | 这位是迈克尔·爱德华兹 |
[1:18:16] | sometimes known as Eddie “The Eagle.” | 人称飞鹰艾迪 |
[1:18:27] | Hello, everybody. | 大家好 |
[1:18:29] | – How long have you been ski-jumping for? – Nearly almost a year. | -你练习跳台滑雪多久了 -将近一年 |
[1:18:32] | I’m not sure, I haven’t been counting. | 我不太确定 我没在记时间 |
[1:18:38] | Do you have your own skis? Do you own your own skis? | 你有自己专有的滑雪板吗 属于你自己的 |
[1:18:42] | I wasn’t told about this. What the hell is going on? | 我对此完全不知情 这是怎么回事 |
[1:18:44] | It’s press. They can’t get enough of him. | 媒体们 他们对他太感兴趣了 |
[1:18:47] | I get so many requests for interviews. He’s a PR dream. | 我收到了很多采访邀约 他可是大明星 |
[1:18:50] | Really? Well it looks more like a nightmare. | 真的吗 看起来更像是一场噩梦呢 |
[1:18:53] | Wind it up as soon as you can. We have better things to do. | 尽快结束记者会 我们还有正事要做 |
[1:19:01] | Will you do one of your special eagle flaps for us? | 你能摆一个经典的飞鹰造型给我们瞧瞧吗 |
[1:19:04] | What, this one? | 什么 这个吗 |
[1:19:06] | Eddie “The Eagle” Edwards has divided opinion here in Calgary. | 在卡尔加里大家对飞鹰艾迪的评价两极分化 |
[1:19:11] | Some athletes and officials are questioning his right to be here. | 一些运动员和组委会成员质疑他参赛的正当性 |
[1:19:15] | Hello, Eddie. | 你好 艾迪 |
[1:19:17] | Clive North. The Sun. | 我是克莱夫·诺斯 太阳报记者 |
[1:19:20] | Now, listen, there’s a hairdresser | 现在 听着 布里斯托尔 |
[1:19:22] | in Bristol claiming that she’s been your lover… | 有位理发师说她与你 |
[1:19:25] | for the last two years. | 已经交往了两年 |
[1:19:28] | Any comment? | 对此你有何解释吗 |
[1:19:30] | Now, Ron, as a British commentator, what are your thoughts? | 现在 罗恩 作为英国解说员 你有何看法 |
[1:19:34] | He’s earned his right to be here. | 他有权来此参赛 |
[1:19:36] | Love him or hate him, | 不管喜爱他还是讨厌他 |
[1:19:37] | you have to admire his spirit and determination. | 你都不得不称赞他的勇气与决心 |
[1:19:39] | And let’s not forget what the founder of the Olympic movement, | 不要忘了奥林匹克运动的创始人 |
[1:19:42] | Baron de Coubertin said: | 顾拜旦所说过的话 |
[1:19:44] | “The most important thing in the Olympic Games is not to win | 奥运会最重要的不是胜利 |
[1:19:47] | “But to take part.” | 而是参与 |
[1:19:49] | It’s not the triumph but the struggle. | 重要的不是凯旋 而是奋斗 |
[1:19:51] | Got any photos of yourself as a baby? | 你有自己婴儿时期的照片吗 |
[1:19:53] | …keep ourselves lean and mean. | 让我们保持至精至简 |
[1:19:55] | Make sure the… Keep the wolf from the door. | 确保不能引狼入室 |
[1:20:02] | – Did you see me on TV? – Yeah, we all saw you, man. | -你看见我上电视了吗 -是的 我们都看见了 伙计 |
[1:20:05] | – And? – And what? | -然后呢 -什么然后 |
[1:20:09] | And what did you think? | 然后你们觉得如何 |
[1:20:11] | Still think I made the wrong decision? They love me. | 你依然觉得我做错了吗 他们喜欢我 |
[1:20:16] | You confirmed all my fears. | 你证实了我所有的担忧 |
[1:20:17] | No-one is taking you seriously. You are nothing but a side-show. | 没人把你当回事 你就是个噱头罢了 |
[1:20:22] | And the very minute that 90 meter competition starts | 90米比赛一旦开始 |
[1:20:25] | you’ll be forgotten. | 你就会被遗忘 |
[1:20:26] | Okay? So enjoy your 15 minutes of fame. | 好吗 所以好好享受这十五分钟的名气吧 |
[1:20:32] | – Well, don’t hold back, | -好吧 你还真坦诚啊 |
[1:20:34] | -will you. – You asked for the truth, bud. | -是吧 -是你自己要听真话的 伙计 |
[1:21:29] | Hello. | 你好 |
[1:21:30] | Everything’s ready. What’s going on? | 我安排好了一切 怎么回事啊 |
[1:21:31] | It’s gonna be okay, I promise. | 会没事的 我保证 |
[1:21:33] | I could get into big trouble for this, Eddie. | 我可能会因此卷入大麻烦的 艾迪 |
[1:21:36] | – Be fine. – Okay. | -别担心 -好的 |
[1:21:38] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:21:44] | Thank you all for coming. | 谢谢大家的到来 |
[1:21:49] | I’m not deluded. | 我没有迷失自我 |
[1:21:52] | I know there are plenty of | 我知道有许多运动员 |
[1:21:53] | athletes more deserving of publicity than me. | 比我更值得报道 |
[1:21:56] | And I would like to apologize | 我想向他们道歉 |
[1:21:59] | if my silly antics have cast a shadow over their achievements. | 我的滑稽行为可能使他们的成就蒙上了阴影 |
[1:22:03] | I also know I was messing | 我也知道 那天 |
[1:22:05] | around after the 70 meter jump the other day. | 70米比赛结束之后我在胡闹 |
[1:22:11] | I was very excited. | 我当时太激动了 |
[1:22:16] | But I take jumping very seriously. | 但我对待跳台滑雪非常认真 |
[1:22:23] | In fact, I love it. | 事实上 我热爱它 |
[1:22:28] | I love it very nearly as much as proving people wrong. | 我爱它的程度和想向世人证明自己的程度差不多 |
[1:22:34] | Which is why I’ve decided to compete in the 90 meters. | 正因如此 我决定参与90米比赛 |
[1:22:41] | What? | 什么 |
[1:22:43] | Wait, I… | 等等 我 |
[1:22:44] | I know I’d originally only intended to jump the 70 meters. | 我知道我一开始只打算参加70米比赛 |
[1:22:52] | But as people much wiser than me say… | 但是比我更睿智的人说过 |
[1:22:56] | competing in the Olympics | 如果太看轻自己 |
[1:22:57] | doesn’t mean anything if you sell yourself short. | 来奥运会比赛就毫无意义了 |
[1:23:02] | I didn’t come here as a novelty act. | 我来此并不是为了彰显自己的特立独行 |
[1:23:07] | And I will not be going home as one. | 我也不想落得这样的名声回去 |
[1:23:12] | Thank you for your time. | 感谢大家的到来 |
[1:23:22] | In the Wild West we’d be measuring you for your coffin | 要是在西部荒原 还没等你走上楼梯 |
[1:23:26] | before you even reach the stairs. | 我们可能就要给你量尺寸定棺材了 |
[1:23:31] | Eddie “The Eagle.” | 飞鹰艾迪 |
[1:23:34] | Yeah, it has kind of a ring to it, I guess. | 是啊 这名号不错 我觉得 |
[1:23:37] | Wow. | 哇哦 |
[1:23:41] | I thought you said I was a fool. | 你还以为你说过我是个傻瓜 |
[1:23:44] | Yeah, well, an old friend helped me see things differently. | 是啊 嗯 一位老朋友改变了我的看法 |
[1:23:47] | What’s with the fluff? You having a crisis of confidence? | 你脸上的绒毛是怎么回事 你缺乏自信了吗 |
[1:23:50] | – Fluff? This is a mustache. – Is that what you call it? | -绒毛 这是胡子 -你是这样称呼它的啊 |
[1:23:52] | Yeah. Nice jacket. What happened to the other one? | 是的 夹克衫不错 另外一件去哪儿了 |
[1:23:56] | Well, I got rid of it. | 嗯 我把它扔了 |
[1:23:59] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[1:24:01] | For now. | 暂时的 |
[1:24:02] | And it’s cold, let me tell you. | 这里太冷了 我跟你说 |
[1:24:06] | So is this the bit where you say “I told you so”? | 这时你是不是该说“早告诉过你了” |
[1:24:09] | No, this is where I say that without the booze | 不 我想说的是 要不是喝了酒 |
[1:24:12] | I wouldn’t even have the guts to do that jump. | 我连起跳的勇气都没有 |
[1:24:14] | As your coach, I think you’re crazy. | 作为你的教练 我觉得你疯了 |
[1:24:16] | I don’t know what I was thinking. | 我不知道我在想什么 |
[1:24:18] | But as your friend, I say you gotta do it. This is your moment. | 但作为你的朋友 我觉得你该去搏一搏 这是属于你的时刻 |
[1:24:21] | I need a practice jump. | 我需要先练习一下 |
[1:24:23] | What do you need to know you don’t know already? | 你还有什么不知道的 |
[1:24:24] | It’s higher than you’ve jumped. | 这比你跳过的要高 |
[1:24:26] | You’re gonna go faster than ever before. | 比以前速度更快了 |
[1:24:28] | You’re gonna fly farther | 你得飞得更远 |
[1:24:29] | than your tiny little brain can handle, but… | 虽然你可能觉得不可思议 |
[1:24:31] | it’s just a jump, man. Simple. | 但它就是一次跳跃而已 伙计 很简单的 |
[1:24:36] | Eddie, listen. | 艾迪 听着 |
[1:24:38] | You got more dedication, | 你比其他运动员 |
[1:24:40] | more heart and spirit than any jumpers out there. | 都多了一份投入和勇气 |
[1:24:44] | Any of them. | 没人比得上你 |
[1:24:45] | Jesus, I spent six months trying to get rid of you, dude. | 上帝啊 我花了六个月时间试图摆脱你的纠缠 |
[1:24:48] | You’re like gum on my shoe, you never gave up. | 你就像是黏在我鞋底的口香糖 不会轻言放弃 |
[1:24:51] | I mean, are you gonna give up now, at the Olympics? | 我是说 你现在却要放弃吗 在奥林匹克运动会上 |
[1:24:57] | This is your moment. | 这是属于你的时刻 |
[1:25:00] | You’re Eddie “The Eagle,” Man. | 你是飞鹰艾迪啊 伙计 |
[1:25:04] | Proud of you. I’m proud of myself. | 我为你感到自豪 我为自己感到自豪 |
[1:25:07] | That’s very modest, Peary. | 你很谦虚啊 皮尔里 |
[1:25:09] | You do realize smoking is a lot more dangerous | 你是知道抽烟可比九十米赛 |
[1:25:12] | than jumping the 90 meters? | 危险多了的对吧 |
[1:25:20] | 90 meters, what is that in feet? | 九十米 那是多少英尺啊 |
[1:25:24] | I dunno, about 300. No, actually, it’s about 295. | 我不知道 大概三百吧 不 事实上 大概是二百九十五英尺 |
[1:25:28] | Oh, my God. | 噢 天啊 |
[1:25:41] | I wanna hear you at the back of the stands. | 我想在看台上听到你的喊声 |
[1:25:44] | Okay, if you’re not yelling it, you’re not selling it. | 好吗 如果不大声喊出来 说明你没有全情投入 |
[1:25:52] | You’re quite a popular guy, Eagle-Man. | 你很受欢迎啊 飞鹰男 |
[1:25:53] | Every time you turn on TV you’re there. | 一打开电视全是你 |
[1:25:55] | Yeah. Maybe perhaps you can tell us, what’s the secret? | 是啊 你能不能跟我们说说 秘诀是什么啊 |
[1:26:00] | Clothes. | 穿衣服 |
[1:26:02] | …underneath the landing area | 在下方的着落区 |
[1:26:04] | making it harder and more dangerous than usual. | 布置得更加坚硬 比平时更加危险 |
[1:26:06] | Can’t we watch It’s A Knockout? | 我们能不能换台看《百战百胜》 |
[1:26:08] | I’ll knock you out if you turn that channel over. | 你要是换台我就把你打昏 |
[1:26:12] | You’re gonna land really hard on this jump. | 你要记住这么高的跳台落地会很艰难 |
[1:26:14] | When your skis hit the slopes, you gotta keep your butt up. | 当你的滑雪板触到斜坡 你得保持臀部上翘 |
[1:26:18] | That is a very nasty crash. | 撞得实在是太惨了 |
[1:26:21] | No, he won’t be walking away from that. | 不 他没法站着走出去了 |
[1:26:25] | I can see the paramedics rushing to give him help. | 我能看见医务人员跑过去帮助他 |
[1:26:28] | Otherwise you’re gonna be joining him. | 否则的话你就会跟他一样了 |
[1:26:29] | Well, that may not be the only wipe-out we see today… | 嗯 这可能不会是今天唯一一起事故 |
[1:26:33] | not with Britain’s Eddie “The Eagle” Edwards coming up soon. | 因为英国队的飞鹰艾迪还未上场 |
[1:26:38] | Eddie’s coach is none other than Bronson Peary… | 艾迪的教练正是那位布朗森·皮尔里 |
[1:26:41] | fallen whiz-kid of ’70s ski-jumping. | 昙花一现的七十年代跳台滑雪神将 |
[1:26:44] | And a former Olympic squad member of yours, | 也是你曾执教过的前奥运队员 |
[1:26:47] | if I’m not mistaken, Warren. | 如果我没说错的话 沃伦 |
[1:26:49] | Well, we spent some years together, yes. | 嗯 我们共事过一段时间 是的 |
[1:26:52] | What do you think about his unconventional return to the sport? | 你是如何看待他这次另类回归的呢 |
[1:26:55] | In jumping there’s an expression… | 在跳台滑雪界有一句俗语 |
[1:26:59] | “You’re never bigger than the hill.” | 人再高也高不过山 |
[1:27:01] | And that was Bronson Peary to a tee. | 说的就是布朗森·皮尔里 |
[1:27:05] | I never could deal with that. It broke us apart… | 我始终和他有分歧 这种分歧使我们有了隔阂 |
[1:27:07] | because, as a young man, he had such talent. | 因为 作为一个年轻人 他天赋异禀 |
[1:27:13] | Technique, flair. | 技艺惊人 资质绝佳 |
[1:27:15] | Everything but discipline. | 但他唯独缺乏纪律性 |
[1:27:18] | As a jumper he was so disrespectful… | 作为一名运动员 他对体育 |
[1:27:21] | of the sport that I’m afraid | 缺乏尊重 |
[1:27:23] | he’s gonna do the same thing now as a coach. | 因此我担心身为教练的他会重蹈覆辙 |
[1:27:28] | Thank you, Warren. Certainly sharp words from Warren Sharp… | 谢谢 沃伦 显然沃伦·夏普发表了犀利的言论 |
[1:27:33] | No pressure there, then. | 不用担心这个了 |
[1:27:34] | Where’s my jacket when I need it? | 我需要夹克的时候它去哪儿了 |
[1:27:37] | Edwards! | 爱德华兹 |
[1:27:40] | I’m Edwards. | 我是爱德华兹 |
[1:27:50] | – You all right? – Yeah, fine. | -你还好吧 -是的 没事 |
[1:27:54] | You all right? | 你没事吧 |
[1:27:55] | Yeah. | 没事 |
[1:27:56] | Good. | 很好 |
[1:27:58] | Let’s do this. | 来吧 |
[1:28:10] | Eddie “The Eagle.” Eddie “The Eagle.” | 飞鹰艾迪 飞鹰艾迪 |
[1:28:23] | For you. Not for them. | 为了自己而战 不要为了观众 |
[1:28:25] | Just relax. Forget about the numbers, | 放轻松 别去想名次 |
[1:28:28] | just remember your fundamentals. | 只需记住要领 |
[1:28:30] | Don’t worry about how far. Just up, back, forward, down. Okay? | 别去想多远 只需记住上后前下 好吗 |
[1:28:35] | – You got this. – Peary. | -你没问题的 -皮尔里 |
[1:28:38] | It’s gonna be all right. | 不会有事的 |
[1:28:40] | Bo Derek, all or nothing. | 宝黛丽 全力以赴 |
[1:28:42] | Give it both barrels, man. | 全力以赴 伙计 |
[1:28:45] | See you at the bottom. | 下面见 |
[1:29:46] | Jumping is all that matters. | 跳台滑雪是唯一重要的事情 |
[1:29:48] | If I didn’t jump, I would drink and have sex all the time. | 如果我不去跳 我只会喝酒上床挥霍光阴 |
[1:29:54] | Congratulations on your medal. | 恭喜你获得奖牌 |
[1:29:57] | I win gold but I didn’t do my best. | 我虽然获得了金牌但我并没有发挥好 |
[1:30:01] | You see, if I’ve done my best I can come last and be happier. | 如果我尽了全力 就算名落孙山我也会更开心 |
[1:30:07] | – Like me? – You do not do good. | -像我一样吗 -你做得并不好 |
[1:30:11] | No, I suppose not. | 是啊 我也觉得 |
[1:30:15] | You’ve done better. | 你已经进步了 |
[1:30:17] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[1:30:21] | Do you think I’m being patronizing? No, no, no. | 你觉得我是在摆架子吗 不 不 不 |
[1:30:25] | You and I are like 1 o’clock and 11 o’clock. | 我和你就像是一点钟和十一点钟 |
[1:30:29] | You see we are closer to each other than to others. | 我们彼此间的距离比跟其他人的距离要短 |
[1:30:32] | Winning, losing, all that stuff is for the little people. | 赢 输 这些都是无名小卒需要考虑的 |
[1:30:36] | Men like us, we jump to free our souls. | 像我们这样的人 我们是为了释放自我而跳跃的 |
[1:30:40] | We are the only two jumpers with a chance to make history today. | 我们是仅有的两个可能在今天创造历史的人 |
[1:30:43] | If we do less than our best with the whole world watching… | 如果我们在全世界的注视下没能全力以赴 |
[1:30:49] | it will kill us inside. | 我们会十分难过 |
[1:30:56] | For all time. | 后悔一辈子 |
[1:31:00] | Good luck, Matti. | 祝你好运 马蒂 |
[1:31:21] | On to gate number 49, Matti Nykanen from Finland. | 四十九号台 来自芬兰的马蒂·尼凯宁 |
[1:31:27] | And here he comes, Matti Nykanen… | 他出场了 马蒂·尼凯宁 |
[1:31:30] | the Flying Finn. The youngest World Champion ever… | 芬兰飞人 史上最年轻的世界金牌得主 |
[1:31:33] | and on his day, the most supreme… | 在那场比赛中 他向我们展示了 |
[1:31:37] | jumper the sport has ever seen. | 体育史上最顶级运动员的风采 |
[1:31:49] | He makes it look so effortless. | 他看起来如此轻松 |
[1:31:51] | And that’s it. Olympic history has been made today. | 就是这样 新的奥运纪录就此诞生 |
[1:31:55] | The crowd rise to acclaim the champion. | 观众起身为冠军喝彩 |
[1:32:02] | Now, up next for the 90 meter from Great Britain… | 下一名是来自英国的 |
[1:32:07] | number 24, Eddie Edwards. | 二十四号选手 艾迪 爱德华兹上场 |
[1:32:12] | Come on. | 加油 |
[1:32:29] | By virtue of the fact that he jumped the 70 meter… | 凭借着七十米赛的有效成绩 |
[1:32:32] | Edwards qualified for the | 爱德华兹获得了九十米参赛资格 |
[1:32:34] | 90 meter which should prove quite spectacular. | 这可以说是很了不起 |
[1:32:38] | As I’m informed, he’s never jumped the 90 meter before. | 就我所知 他之前从未尝试过九十米跳 |
[1:32:47] | Eddie, you are not an athlete! | 艾迪 你不是运动员 |
[1:32:59] | Come on, man, just go, go, go. What are you doing? | 加油 伙计 直接跳 跳 跳 你在干嘛 |
[1:33:05] | You tried your best but it wasn’t good enough, was it? | 你尽力了但还是不够好 不是吗 |
[1:33:12] | Don’t tell me he’s freezing up. | 别告诉我他吓怕了 |
[1:33:14] | He hasn’t got much time left. Come on, Eddie. | 他的时间不多了 快跳啊 艾迪 |
[1:33:17] | What’s he doing? | 他在干嘛 |
[1:33:19] | What’s he doing up there? | 他在上面做什么 |
[1:33:22] | Seems to be having second thoughts. Surely he’s gonna jump. | 他看起来正再三思索着 当然他肯定会跳的 |
[1:33:28] | You will never be Olympic material. | 你永远不是参加奥林匹克的那块料 |
[1:33:33] | Edwards. | 爱德华兹 |
[1:33:58] | Push! | 起跳 |
[1:34:08] | Up and out. Up and out. | 向上 向外 |
[1:34:12] | No, release. Come on, release! | 不 喊出来 加油 喊出来 |
[1:34:44] | He seems to have lost it in the flight. | 他好像在空中失去了控制 |
[1:34:45] | Not sure how he’s gonna make this landing. | 不知道他会如何落地 |
[1:34:54] | He’s down. | 他下来了 |
[1:34:57] | No, he’s on his back. Can he recover? | 不 他背着地了 他能站起来吗 |
[1:35:00] | Come on, Eddie. | 加油 艾迪 |
[1:35:17] | Yes! | 好 |
[1:35:21] | – Yes! – Yes! | -好 -好 |
[1:35:31] | He’s made it! Unbelievable! | 他成功了 难以置信 |
[1:35:34] | Yes! | 太棒了 |
[1:35:39] | I’ve been waiting a long time to say this, well, here goes… | 我等着说这句话很久了 现在终于可以说 |
[1:35:43] | The Eagle has landed. | 飞鹰安全落地了 |
[1:35:50] | Eddie “The Eagle.” Eddie “The Eagle.” | 飞鹰艾迪 飞鹰艾迪 |
[1:35:59] | But it’s a personal best in competition for Edwards. | 这是爱德华兹个人生涯的最佳成绩 |
[1:36:03] | 71.5 meters… | 71.5米 |
[1:36:06] | and that is a new British Olympic record! | 这也创造了英国奥运参赛最好成绩 |
[1:36:52] | How did you not fall? It was unbelievable. | 你怎么没倒啊 这太不可思议了 |
[1:36:54] | I have never gone that far before. | 我从未飞过那么远 |
[1:36:58] | To see 71 meters it was like… | 看到71米的成绩 我真的 |
[1:37:18] | 沃伦·夏普 《我的跳台滑雪人生》 | |
[1:37:20] | Is that a good book? | 这书好吗 |
[1:37:27] | Instructive? | 有启发吗 |
[1:37:29] | Very. | 非常有 |
[1:37:32] | May I? | 可以吗 |
[1:37:45] | You… | 你 |
[1:37:47] | brilliant. | 很出色 |
[1:37:50] | Well done. | 干得漂亮 |
[1:37:56] | I was wrong… | 我之前对你的评价 |
[1:38:03] | about you. | 是错的 |
[1:38:13] | Champion. | 冠军 |
[1:38:27] | You have broken world records. | 有的人打破了世界纪录 |
[1:38:30] | You have established many of your own personal bests… | 有的人创造了很多个人纪录 |
[1:38:33] | and some of you have even soared like an eagle. | 还有一些人 像雄鹰一样振翅高飞 |
[1:38:46] | It was so flattering. | 太荣幸了 |
[1:38:49] | I wasn’t expecting that at all. | 我没想到会这么夸我 |
[1:38:51] | Yeah. Well, I think I can match that. | 是啊 嗯 我觉得我配得上这句话 |
[1:38:57] | “Now the real work begins. WS.” Warren Sharp. | “真正的挑战现在开始了 WS” 沃伦·夏普 |
[1:39:02] | So how about it? Here’s to the next four years. | 所以怎么样 敬接下来的四年 |
[1:39:12] | God, that’s good. | 天啊 太棒了 |
[1:39:29] | Hello, Mum. | 你好 妈妈 |
[1:39:30] | Hello. Where do you think you’ve been, young man? | 你好 你知道你去哪儿了吗 年轻人 |
[1:39:34] | Competing in the Olympics, Mum. | 去参加了奥运会 妈妈 |
[1:39:57] | I’m so proud of you, son. | 我真为你感到自豪 儿子 |
[1:39:59] | I mean that. I’m so proud of you, mate. | 我是认真的 我真为你感到自豪 伙计 |
[1:40:03] | Thanks, Dad. | 谢谢 爸爸 |
[1:40:34] | So proud of you, man. | 真为你感到自豪 |
[1:40:48] | 顾拜旦 现代奥运会之父 1896年 | |
[1:41:25] | 谨以此片纪念挚友 安加得·保罗 |