时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | It’s still not bloody hot enough. | 该死的 还是不够热 |
[00:04] | Oh, no. I need to sneeze. | 不好 我要打喷嚏 |
[00:07] | – Can I sneeze? – Yes, if you must, | -我能打喷嚏吗 -可以 如果必须的话 |
[00:09] | but please no other movement for 40 minutes. | 但请坚持40分钟别再有别的动作 |
[00:11] | Or until your paint runs. Whichever comes first. | 或者等到你的涂料开始融化 不管哪个先吧 |
[00:16] | Please, resume your position. | 请回到你之前的位置 |
[00:19] | So, you’re sure this killer, | 所以你确定这名凶手 |
[00:21] | this is how he got his jump on his victim? | 是这样袭击到被害人的吗 |
[00:23] | The victim was ambushed and strangled | 被害人被伏击了 然后被勒死在 |
[00:25] | in the sweltering courtyard | 一个有着严密安保的 |
[00:26] | of a heavily secured Moroccan royal palace. | 摩洛哥皇宫的酷热庭院里 |
[00:29] | A motion sensor was tripped an hour before, | 在那之前一小时 有个运动传感器被触发了 |
[00:31] | but the guards see nothing. | 但守卫什么都没看到 |
[00:32] | They assumed it was a false alarm. | 他们以为那是错误警报 |
[00:34] | But I believe that is when the killer entered, | 但我相信那就是凶手进去的时候 |
[00:37] | and something | 而且有东西 |
[00:38] | enabled him to hide in plain sight. | 让他能隐藏在众目睽睽之下 |
[00:40] | And remember the paint smudges on the victim’s neck. | 再想想被害人脖子上的涂料点 |
[00:43] | They were the same color as the tiles in the courtyard. | 它们和庭院瓷砖的颜色一样 |
[00:47] | So you think that the killer… | 所以你觉得凶手 |
[00:50] | Camouflaged himself with body paint. | 用全身彩绘伪装了自己 |
[00:52] | If we can identify which brand of paint he used, | 如果我们能识别出他用的是哪家的涂料 |
[00:55] | we might be able to determine where he procured it. | 我们也许就能确定他是从哪里弄到的 |
[00:57] | If we do, we’ll be one step closer to catching the killer. | 如果确定了这点 就离抓住凶手又进了一步 |
[01:01] | Sophia, your paint’s streaking. | 索菲娅 你的涂料有条纹了 |
[01:04] | Good. | 太好了 |
[01:04] | I have to pee. | 我得去尿尿 |
[01:05] | So that rules Sophia’s paint out, then. | 那么可以把索菲娅用的涂料排除了 |
[01:08] | If it melts here, it would have totally melted in Morocco. | 如果它在这里就化了 在摩洛哥绝对得化 |
[01:12] | That mean we’re done? | 这意味着我们完事了吗 |
[01:18] | Hello? | 喂 |
[01:21] | Now? | 现在吗 |
[01:23] | Yeah, okay. I’ll be there shortly. | 好吧 我马上过去 |
[01:30] | Sherlock, thanks for coming in. | 夏洛克 谢谢你来 |
[01:31] | If you don’t mind, Dr. Furing, | 如果你不介意的话 富林医生 |
[01:32] | I’d, uh, just like to jump to the bad news. | 我想直接听坏消息了 |
[01:35] | – Bad news? – Yeah. | -坏消息 -是的 |
[01:36] | Last month, during my follow-up exam, | 上个月 在我的后续检测里 |
[01:38] | neither you nor Dr. Hanson seemed concerned about | 你和汉森医生似乎都没有担心 |
[01:40] | my post-concussion syndrome relapsing, | 我的脑震荡后综合征会再恶化 |
[01:42] | so if that’s changed… | 所以如果这点变了… |
[01:43] | No, no. | 不 不是 |
[01:44] | Your tests were great. | 你的测试结果没事 |
[01:46] | Better than great. | 比好更好 |
[01:47] | Your recovery is going well. | 你的康复状况很好 |
[01:50] | My temp didn’t tell you why I needed to see you? | 我的人没告诉你我为什么要见你吗 |
[01:52] | No. | 没有 |
[01:54] | We were robbed. | 我们失窃了 |
[01:55] | The office was closed for the last two weeks. | 办公室关了两周 |
[01:58] | Someone broke in while we were away. | 我们不在时 有人闯了进来 |
[02:00] | The thief stole our computers, exam equipment | 小偷偷走了我们的电脑 检测设备 |
[02:03] | and a bunch of our medical files. | 和一堆我们的医疗档案 |
[02:04] | – Including mine. – Whoever did it | -包括我的 -不管是谁做的 |
[02:06] | has all of your personal information. | 那人有你所有的个人信息 |
[02:08] | We wanted you to know | 我们希望你知道这事 |
[02:09] | so you could take steps to protect yourself. | 这样你能采取措施保护自己 |
[02:12] | I appreciate the verbal warning. | 我感谢你们的口头警告 |
[02:17] | So… | 那么… |
[02:19] | Before I go, | 在我走之前 |
[02:20] | why don’t I have a look around? | 不如让我看一眼吧 |
[02:22] | I mean, I’ve seen my fair share of burglaries, so… | 我已经在这次盗窃中承受了损失 所以 |
[02:26] | Perhaps I can be of help with yours. | 或许我能帮你们挽回些损失 |
[02:29] | I think you all know what entomology means, | 你们应该都知道昆虫学的意思 |
[02:32] | but this is the Department of Entomology and Nematology. | 但这里是昆虫学和线虫学的院系 |
[02:36] | Which means we also study worms. | 这意味着我们也研究蠕虫 |
[02:38] | Roundworms, hookworms, flatworms and these guys: | 线虫 十二指肠虫 扁线虫和这些家伙 |
[02:42] | earthworms. | 蚯蚓 |
[02:43] | This is our vermicomposter, where millions of earthworms | 这是我们的蠕虫肥料 数百万的蚯蚓 |
[02:46] | turn organic waste into the world’s best fertilizer. | 将生物废物转换成世界最好的肥料 |
[02:50] | Worm poop. | 虫粪 |
[02:52] | The tricky part | 难的部分是 |
[02:53] | is separating the worms from all that fertilizer. | 如何分离虫子和他们的粪便 |
[02:55] | Which is why we have this bad boy, | 这也是为什么我们会有这个坏小子 |
[02:57] | our worm harvester. | 我们的蠕虫采集器 |
[02:59] | Worms and castings go in one end. | 蚯蚓和它的产物从一头进入 |
[03:01] | Clean worms fall out the other. | 干净的蚯蚓从另一头出来 |
[03:03] | I’ll show you how it works, | 我会给你们展示一下它是如何工作的 |
[03:04] | but I need a volunteer. | 但我需要一名志愿者 |
[03:07] | Excellent. | 很好 |
[03:08] | All you have to do is hold this bucket right here. | 你要做的就是在这边端住筐子 |
[03:13] | Ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[03:22] | Is that a hand? | 那是一只手吗 |
[03:34] | Best we can tell, this is Dr. William Velnik, | 目前所知 这是威廉·威尔尼克博士 |
[03:36] | Senior Professor of Invertebrate Zoology here at Millerton U. | 米勒顿大学的无脊椎动物学高级教授 |
[03:40] | Also known in nematology circles as “the Worm Hunter.” | 在线虫学圈子里也被称作「蠕虫猎人」 |
[03:44] | Apparently, he’s one of the world’s | 显然 他是世上研究 |
[03:45] | foremost experts on the little guys. | 这些小家伙的最前沿的专家之一 |
[03:47] | Cause of death was a single stab wound to the throat. | 死因是喉咙上的一记捅伤 |
[03:50] | The puncture mark looks like it could be | 从贯穿痕迹看 很可能是 |
[03:51] | from a flathead screwdriver– | 一把一字螺丝刀 |
[03:53] | maybe from that work station over there. | 可能是从那边工作站拿的 |
[03:55] | The university’s been looking to expand this area. | 大学在计划扩张这片区域 |
[03:58] | Good chance that saw | 很有可能那把锯子 |
[03:59] | served as the killer’s carving station. | 是凶手的切割台 |
[04:01] | After that, all the pieces went into the compost bin. | 在那之后 所有的尸块进了肥料箱 |
[04:04] | They’ve been there for weeks. | 它们在里面呆了好几周 |
[04:06] | So, are we sure about the I.D.? | 所以你确定这个身份吗 |
[04:08] | Apparently, Velnik got this bone plug earring | 显然 威尔尼克在他的某次研究途中 |
[04:11] | on one of his research trips. | 得到了这个骨头做的耳环 |
[04:13] | It’s one of a kind, from some tribe in Botswana. | 它是博茨瓦纳某些部落用的一种耳环 |
[04:15] | There’s a picture of him wearing it in here. | 这里有张他戴着它的照片 |
[04:19] | The Worm Hunter in his natural habitat. | 蠕虫猎人在他的自然栖息地里 |
[04:21] | This guy spent his life digging up worms? | 这家伙一辈子都在挖虫子吗 |
[04:24] | Guess it’s good for your abs. | 我猜这对腹肌有好处 |
[04:26] | According to his coworkers, | 据他的同事们说 |
[04:27] | he was pretty popular with the ladies. | 他很受女人欢迎 |
[04:29] | I wonder why. | 不难想象 |
[04:31] | So, if he was so popular, | 如果他这么受欢迎 |
[04:32] | then why didn’t anyone report him missing? | 为什么没人上报他的失踪 |
[04:34] | Well, he was supposed to be off the grid in the Amazon, | 过去三个星期他都应该在亚马逊 |
[04:36] | looking for new species of worms the last three weeks. | 寻找新品种的虫子 |
[04:38] | Everyone here just thought he was knee-deep in rain forest. | 这里的人都以为他深入雨林了 |
[04:42] | Did you find his cell phone? | 你找到他的手机了吗 |
[04:43] | We think the killer took it. | 我们认为凶手把它拿走了 |
[04:44] | Also pulled the hard drive out of his computer. | 还拿走了他电脑里的硬盘 |
[04:48] | Gotta think he knew the person, right? | 他应该认识这个人 对吧 |
[04:50] | I mean, the cell phone and the hard drive | 手机和硬盘 |
[04:52] | would have pointed us in that person’s direction. | 都能帮我们指出这个人 |
[04:54] | Whoever they are, they’re not just thorough. | 不管他们是什么人 他们不仅很周全 |
[04:56] | They’re three weeks ahead of us. | 而且还领先了我们三个星期 |
[04:59] | As you can see, | 如你们所见 |
[04:59] | Professor Velnik worked late into the night | 威尔尼克教授在出差前一晚 |
[05:02] | before his trip, and then left distinctly un-murdered. | 工作到很晚 然后安全离开了 |
[05:05] | We found that a trifle odd. | 这有点奇怪 |
[05:06] | Odder still– he was wearing different clothing | 更奇怪的是 他穿的衣服 |
[05:09] | than was found at the scene. | 跟在现场发现的不一样 |
[05:11] | It’s almost as if this footage came from an entirely different night. | 就好像录像不是同一天晚上拍的 |
[05:15] | That’s why we asked you for footage going back a few months. | 所以我们才找你要了过去几个月的录像 |
[05:17] | We wanted to know– was this an anomaly or a pattern? | 我们想知道这是惯例还是例外 |
[05:22] | Turns out there were dozens of times | 结果发现有几十次 |
[05:23] | when people’s clothing from the lab footage | 实验室录像里的人穿的衣服 |
[05:25] | did not match what they were wearing | 和同一天校园里其他摄像头 |
[05:26] | in other campus footage from the same day. | 拍到的衣服不一样 |
[05:29] | You’re kidding. | 不是吧 |
[05:30] | One time, someone even showed up | 还有一次 甚至有人 |
[05:31] | inside and outside the lab simultaneously. | 同时出现在实验室里面和外面 |
[05:34] | So, either Velnik’s lab has come unmoored from time and space, | 要么威尔尼克的实验室时空错乱了 |
[05:37] | or someone doctored all that footage, | 要么是有人篡改了那些录像 |
[05:39] | swapping new for old several times a month, | 每个月用旧录像替换几次新录像 |
[05:42] | including the night of his murder. | 包括他被杀那晚的录像 |
[05:43] | We think whoever did it could be our killer. | 我们认为这可能是凶手干的 |
[05:45] | So, as head of campus security, | 所以 作为校园安保的领导 |
[05:47] | we were hoping that you could help us I.D. | 我们本来希望你能帮忙查出 |
[05:50] | whoever tampered with the footage. | 是谁对录像动了手脚 |
[05:52] | Emphasis on “were hoping.” | 重点是”本来” |
[05:54] | ‘Cause I’ve now got an idea who did it: you. | 因为我知道是谁干的了 是你 |
[05:58] | You’re stealing pesticides from Professor Velnik’s lab, | 你在偷威尔尼克教授实验室的杀虫剂 |
[06:00] | and then doctoring the footage to hide your crimes. | 然后篡改录像掩盖你的罪行 |
[06:02] | So, why-why did you kill him? | 你为什么要杀他 |
[06:04] | Did he catch you in the act? | 他抓了你个现行吗 |
[06:05] | Whoa, hold on. | 等等 |
[06:07] | Why would I want to steal pesticides, | 我为什么要偷杀虫剂 |
[06:09] | let alone kill someone over them? | 更别说为杀虫剂杀人了 |
[06:11] | Your yellow-stained fingers gave you away. | 你手指上的黄斑出卖了你 |
[06:13] | You’ve been handling DNP. | 你接触了二硝基苯酚 |
[06:15] | It’s a pesticide employed by steroid abusers as a peerless, | 这种杀虫剂被滥用类固醇的人当作 |
[06:18] | though often deadly, fat burner. | 高效却致命的燃脂剂 |
[06:24] | Fine, I have been selling DNP, but I didn’t steal it. | 好吧 我在卖二硝基苯酚 但我没偷 |
[06:28] | Professor Velnik gave it to me. | 是威尔尼克教授给我的 |
[06:29] | Why would he do that? | 他为什么要这么做 |
[06:31] | Payment. | 这是报酬 |
[06:32] | For? | 什么报酬 |
[06:35] | Looping the security footage. | 篡改安保录像 |
[06:37] | He’s the one that wanted it doctored. | 是他想改录像的 |
[06:39] | He used his office for hooking up with students, | 他用办公室勾搭学生 |
[06:41] | faculty, research assistants– you name it. | 教员 研究助手 各种人 |
[06:44] | He knew, if the university found out, they’d fire him. | 他知道如果被学校发现会被开除 |
[06:47] | So, whenever he needed some privacy, he’d text me, | 所以每当他需要隐私时就给我发短信 |
[06:51] | and I’d shut off the lab’s cameras until dawn | 我会关掉实验室的摄像头直到天亮 |
[06:53] | and fill in the gaps with footage from other days. | 然后用其他日子的录像填补空白 |
[06:57] | Can you prove any of this? | 你能证明你的话吗 |
[06:59] | I’ve got texts from him going back almost a year. | 过去一年里我总是收到他的短信 |
[07:04] | The last one is from the night you say he disappeared. | 最后一条是你们说他失踪那天发的 |
[07:07] | Maybe the person he was meeting killed him. | 也许是跟他见面的人杀了他 |
[07:10] | Someone with that many lovers | 有那么多情人的人 |
[07:11] | is bound to have a few jealous ones. | 肯定会被人嫉妒 |
[07:14] | I assume you didn’t mess with any | 我猜你没有篡改过 |
[07:15] | of the other cameras on campus. | 校园里的其他摄像头 |
[07:18] | Good. | 很好 |
[07:19] | We should check the footage again, | 我们应该再检查一遍录像 |
[07:20] | see who Velnik was interacting with when he wasn’t in his lab. | 看看威尔尼克当时可能跟谁在一起 |
[07:24] | One of them could turn out to be our killer. | 他们中的一个也许就是凶手 |
[07:30] | Looks like a nasty bunch. | 这一群看起来不好惹 |
[07:32] | Think one of them killed Velnik? | 你觉得它们中有谁杀了威尔尼克吗 |
[07:35] | Not precisely. | 不完全是 |
[07:36] | These are stand-ins for the women he was diddling, | 这些代表了他哄骗的那些女人 |
[07:39] | any one of whom could have murdered him. | 其中一个可能杀了他 |
[07:41] | And you had to make them into worms because…? | 你把她们变成了虫子是因为… |
[07:44] | While you got our dinner, | 你去吃晚饭的时候 |
[07:45] | I went through the footage from the other cameras | 我看了大学里其他摄像头的 |
[07:47] | at the university. | 录像 |
[07:49] | I identified at least one woman | 我认出了至少一个 |
[07:53] | who almost certainly frequented Velnik’s bed. | 经常跟威尔尼克睡在一起的女人 |
[07:56] | A T.A. named Iris Hill. | 一个叫爱莉丝·希尔的助教 |
[07:59] | I noticed that she was wearing a pendant | 我注意到她戴着一个 |
[08:02] | from the Andean Qu’e-chi tribe. | 安第斯柯伊奇部落的吊坠 |
[08:04] | Velnik was one of the few Westerners | 威尔尼克是能见到他们的 |
[08:06] | allowed to meet with them. | 少数西方人之一 |
[08:07] | So it stands to reason he gave it to her. | 所以有理由认为那是他给她的 |
[08:10] | Then I remembered this. | 然后我想起了一件事 |
[08:11] | Velnik had a naming plaque at his office | 威尔尼克办公室有个命名板 |
[08:14] | to commemorate the many new species that he had discovered– | 为了纪念他发现的那些新物种 |
[08:17] | including this delightful specimen. | 包括这个漂亮的标本 |
[08:19] | Pulchralata collis iridescens. | 绮丽山鸢尾 |
[08:22] | That’s Latin for “beautiful Iris Hill.” | 那是”美丽的爱莉丝·希尔”的拉丁文 |
[08:26] | He named an inchworm after her? | 他用她命名了一种尺蠖 |
[08:29] | It’s not uncommon for scientists | 科学家们经常 |
[08:29] | to name species after people they care for or admire. | 用他们在意或欣赏的人给物种命名 |
[08:32] | I named a honeybee after you. | 我用你命名了一种蜜蜂 |
[08:34] | But I, of course, was honoring my work partner. | 但我当然是因为尊敬我的工作伙伴 |
[08:37] | The professor, I believe, was honoring his sex partners. | 我相信教授是为了尊敬他的性伙伴 |
[08:40] | So you think these are all Latin versions of women’s names. | 所以你觉得这些都是女人的拉丁名字 |
[08:44] | If you’re right, all we have to do | 如果你是对的 那我们只需要 |
[08:47] | and then cross-reference them against a list | 然后跟他的学生和同事名单 |
[08:49] | of his students and colleagues. | 做交叉比对 |
[08:50] | The university sent over such a list | 大学发了份名单过来 |
[08:54] | a little while ago. Here. | 就刚才 给 |
[08:56] | Oh, speaking of sex partners, | 说到性伙伴 |
[08:57] | I ran into Athena and Sophia on their way out this morning. | 我今早撞见了雅典娜和索菲亚 |
[09:00] | They said you were going to see Dr. Furing. | 她们说你要去看富林医生 |
[09:02] | Is everything okay? | 没事吧 |
[09:03] | She wanted me to know that her office | 她想让我知道她的办公室 |
[09:04] | had been burglarized and that my patient file | 被盗了 而我的病历 |
[09:06] | was among the items missing. | 也在丢失的物品里 |
[09:08] | In addition to securing my personal information, | 除了保护我的个人信息 |
[09:10] | I’ve also decided to identify the culprit. | 我还决定找出罪犯 |
[09:13] | I reached out to several pawnshops and fences, | 我去找了几家当铺和销赃犯 |
[09:15] | as well as a friend at a credit bureau | 还有一个在信用局的朋友 |
[09:17] | who’s agreed to flag any suspicious activity | 他答应帮我留意关于我被盗信息的 |
[09:19] | with my stolen data. | 任何可疑活动 |
[09:20] | In the meantime, | 与此同时 |
[09:22] | shall we put some names to these beautiful faces? | 我们能给这些漂亮的面孔标上名字了吗 |
[09:37] | Will told me I was his Formosan termite. | 威尔跟我说我是他的台湾白蚁 |
[09:42] | They mate for life. | 他们的配偶是终身的 |
[09:53] | Next. | 下一个 |
[09:55] | Tying Morpho aurora hortulana to your name, | 要把曙光园艺闪蝶和你的名字 |
[09:57] | Sepi Chamanara, wasn’t easy. | 赛比·查玛那拉联系起来还挺难的 |
[10:00] | Aurora means “dawn,” but there wasn’t a single Dawn | 曙光意味着黎明 但威廉姆的同事里 |
[10:03] | in our list of William Velnik’s known associates. | 没有一个人的名字是黎明 |
[10:06] | Sepi is short for “dawn” | 赛比是黎明的简称 |
[10:07] | in Farsi– isn’t that right, Professor? | 在波斯语里 对吗 教授 |
[10:09] | And chamanara and hortulana | 而查玛那拉和园艺 |
[10:11] | both mean “gardener” | 意思都是园丁 |
[10:12] | in Farsi and in Latin respectively. | 分别是波斯语和拉丁语 |
[10:15] | Hence the “Brush-Footed Butterfly Sepi Chamanara.” | 所以就是”赛比·查玛那拉蛱蝶” |
[10:19] | It’s a good indication that you and Velnik were lovers. | 这表明你和威尔尼克曾是情人 |
[10:24] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:26] | Yes, Will and I had sex from time to time. | 对 我和威尔曾经睡过几次 |
[10:29] | But it wasn’t anything serious. | 但不是什么认真的交往 |
[10:31] | When you say it wasn’t serious, does that mean | 你说不是认真的 是不是意味着 |
[10:33] | you knew he was hooking up with other women? | 你知道他在跟别的女人乱搞 |
[10:36] | The way I see it, Will and I were just animals | 在我看来 我和威尔只是 |
[10:38] | fulfilling a biological imperative. | 满足生理需求的动物 |
[10:41] | There was no reason to get emotional about it. | 没有理由投入感情 |
[10:43] | Many animals have been known to kill their sexual rivals. | 很多动物都会杀了他们的性竞争者 |
[10:47] | Or mates. | 或者性伴侣 |
[10:48] | Many. | 很多 |
[10:50] | But not all. | 但不是全部 |
[10:52] | Will and I were more like… | 我和威尔更像是 |
[10:55] | …bonobo chimps than, say, lions. | 倭黑猩猩而不是狮子 |
[10:59] | When we were together… | 我们在一起的时候 |
[11:01] | we had fun. | 我们很享受 |
[11:03] | But when we weren’t, we didn’t think about it. | 但我们不在一起时 就不会再想 |
[11:05] | In fact, I was with another lover | 其实 你们认为威尔死的那晚 |
[11:06] | the night you think Will died. | 我和另一个情人在一起 |
[11:08] | I can get you her info. | 我可以给你她的信息 |
[11:10] | All right, assuming that checks out, | 好吧 假设你的不在场证明成立 |
[11:13] | any idea who else might have done this? | 你觉得还有谁可能会杀了他 |
[11:16] | I never kept track of who Will was sleeping with, | 我从不管威尔跟谁睡 |
[11:19] | but there is a woman out there, Becca Mainzer– | 但有个女人 贝卡·美因茨 |
[11:23] | I had her in a seminar last quarter. | 上学期她上过我的课 |
[11:25] | I didn’t know that she and Will were hooking up at the time, | 我不知道她那时在和威尔乱搞 |
[11:27] | but it definitely explains her behavior. | 但这可以解释她的行为 |
[11:30] | What behavior? | 什么行为 |
[11:31] | She’d snap at me in class. | 她会在课堂上跟我争辩 |
[11:33] | She’d complain about grades, deadlines. | 她会抱怨分数 截止日期 |
[11:37] | She even dinged my car once. | 她甚至有一次撞过我的车 |
[11:40] | At the time, I-I thought it was just an accident, but… | 当时我以为只是巧合 但是… |
[11:43] | maybe underneath it all, Becca is a lioness. | 也许在内心深处 贝卡是只母狮子 |
[11:48] | I’m married. | 我结婚了 |
[11:50] | Why would I care who Professor Velnik was sleeping with? | 我为什么要在乎威尔尼克教授跟谁睡 |
[11:53] | There is a reason we saved you for last, Becca. | 我们为你省了个理由 贝卡 |
[11:56] | Three of his other lovers | 他的其他三个情人 |
[11:57] | said they saw the two of you kissing on campus. | 说她们看到你们在校园里亲吻 |
[11:59] | He even named a velvet worm after you. | 他还用你命名了一种天鹅绒虫 |
[12:03] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[12:05] | Will and I were seeing each other. | 我和威尔在约会 |
[12:07] | And yes, I get possessive. | 对 我占有欲很强 |
[12:10] | But I didn’t kill him. | 但我没有杀他 |
[12:12] | I was at home with my husband that night. | 那天晚上我和我丈夫在家 |
[12:14] | That seems unlikely, | 这好像不可能 |
[12:15] | given that security feeds show your car | 安保录像显示你的车 |
[12:18] | entering the campus lot at 7:30 P.M. | 晚上七点半进了学校的停车场 |
[12:20] | and leaving two hours later. | 两个小时后离开了 |
[12:22] | That puts you near the crime scene | 这让你在威尔尼克被谋杀时 |
[12:23] | around the time Velnik was murdered. | 就在犯罪现场附近 |
[12:26] | So tell us again: | 再告诉我们一次 |
[12:27] | Were you home, or were you there? | 你是在家还是在那里 |
[12:31] | I was home. | 我在家 |
[12:33] | Then who was driving your car? | 那是谁在开你的车 |
[12:39] | Your wife spilled her guts, Donnie. | 你的妻子坦白了 唐尼 |
[12:41] | The affair, | 她的婚外情 |
[12:42] | you taking the car. | 你开走了车 |
[12:44] | As if that weren’t enough, a crosswalk camera clocked you | 如果还不够 有个人行道上的摄像机拍到了你 |
[12:49] | just a block from Millerton University’s bio building | 离米勒顿大学生物系大楼仅一个街区 |
[12:52] | around the time we think Velnik was killed. | 就在威尔尼克估计遇害的时间前后 |
[12:55] | There’s no good reason for you | 你在那个时间出现在校园里 |
[12:56] | to be on campus at that hour. | 没有什么正当原因吧 |
[12:59] | Apart from murdering your wife’s lover, of course. | 当然 除了谋杀你妻子的情人之外 |
[13:04] | Don’t call him that. | 不许那样叫他 |
[13:06] | He was a predator. | 他就是个掠夺者 |
[13:07] | He stole Becca from me. | 他从我身边偷走了贝卡 |
[13:09] | He deserved what he got. | 他死有余辜 |
[13:12] | So you admit to killing him? | 那么你承认杀害他了 |
[13:15] | Yeah. I do. | 对 我承认 |
[13:18] | I found their e-mails to each other. | 我发现了他们之间的来往邮件 |
[13:20] | The crap he was telling her. | 他对她说的那些鬼话 |
[13:21] | Promises he was never gonna keep. | 那些他永远不会兑现的诺言 |
[13:24] | The pictures. | 那些照片 |
[13:28] | That night, I finally had it. | 那天晚上 我终于有机会了 |
[13:30] | I faked a story about having to fix my mom’s water heater. | 我编了个谎 说要去修我妈家里的热水器 |
[13:35] | My car was in the shop, so I took Becca’s. | 我的车送去店里修了 我就开了贝卡的车 |
[13:38] | Drove to the son of a bitch’s lab | 开到那个混账东西的实验室 |
[13:40] | and shot him in the chest. | 射中了他的胸口 |
[13:43] | You shot him? | 你开枪射的他 |
[13:46] | Three times. | 射了三次 |
[13:48] | Right here. | 正中心口 |
[13:49] | I tossed the gun in the sewer, | 我把枪扔到下水道里 |
[13:50] | and I went home, and I went to bed. | 直接回家睡觉了 |
[13:53] | Best night’s sleep I had in months. | 这是我几个月来睡得最香的一晚 |
[13:56] | We’ll be back in a minute. | 我们马上回来 |
[14:06] | I’m not crazy, right? | 我没疯吧 |
[14:08] | The M.E. confirmed Velnik died | 法医证实 威尔尼克死于 |
[14:09] | from a severed carotid? | 颈动脉割裂 |
[14:11] | You’re not crazy. | 你没疯 |
[14:12] | There were no bullet wounds. | 尸体没有枪伤 |
[14:13] | Velnik wasn’t shot. He was stabbed. | 威尔尼克不是中弹而亡 他是被捅死的 |
[14:15] | So why confess to a murder, and then lie about the method? | 他都承认杀人了 为什么要对作案手法说谎 |
[14:18] | I don’t think he is lying. | 我觉得他没说谎 |
[14:19] | I think he did shoot Professor Velnik, | 我觉得他确实开枪射中了威尔尼克教授 |
[14:22] | but someone else killed him. | 但致他死亡的凶手另有其人 |
[14:30] | How’d it go with Hawes? | 霍斯那边进展如何 |
[14:31] | Well, he wasn’t happy to hear | 他不太高兴 |
[14:32] | that he might have missed something, | 听到自己的检查可能漏了些东西 |
[14:33] | but he did agree to reexamine Velnik’s body. | 但他同意重新检查威尔尼克的尸体 |
[14:36] | Most notably the three hairline fractures on his ribs. | 尤其是他肋骨上那三处发丝般细微的骨裂 |
[14:38] | Given Mainzer’s confession, we both saw the fractures | 考虑到美因茨的供词 我们对这几处骨裂 |
[14:41] | in a new light, and Eugene amended his findings | 有了新的认识 尤金修正了他的调查结果 |
[14:44] | to state that, prior to his death, | 他表示 在威尔尼克死前 |
[14:45] | Velnik was shot three times in the chest, | 他的胸腔遭受了三次枪击 |
[14:48] | but the bullets were probably stopped | 但子弹很可能被某种防弹衣 |
[14:49] | by some sort of body armor. | 给挡住了 |
[14:51] | Was he wearing a vest? | 他穿防弹背心了吗 |
[14:52] | ‘Cause CSU didn’t find one at the scene. | 鉴证组在现场没找到 |
[14:54] | Nor did campus security footage | 校园监控录像 |
[14:56] | capture one on his person. | 也没拍到他穿着防弹背心 |
[14:59] | That hoodie he’s wearing is pretty thin. | 他穿的那件卫衣挺薄的 |
[15:00] | I mean, if he was wearing a vest, | 我的意思是 如果他穿着防弹背心 |
[15:02] | we would be able to see one underneath it. | 我们应该能透过卫衣看到轮廓 |
[15:04] | We would. | 确实是 |
[15:05] | So I submit that the garment itself | 所以我主张 那件卫衣本身 |
[15:08] | stopped the bullets. | 能够防弹 |
[15:09] | – His hoodie? – Mainzer confirmed | -他的卫衣 -美因茨证实 |
[15:11] | that when he shot Velnik, all Velnik was wearing | 他开枪射中威尔尼克的时候 他只穿了件 |
[15:13] | was– and I quote– “A fancy silvery sweatshirt.” | 用他的话说 “一件挺新奇的银色运动衫” |
[15:17] | Okay, but CSU didn’t find that at the scene, either. | 好吧 但鉴证组在现场也没找到那件衣服 |
[15:21] | If the hoodie is bulletproof, | 如果那件卫衣能防弹 |
[15:23] | it was probably taken by whoever stabbed him. | 它很可能被捅死威尔尼克的人拿走了 |
[15:26] | Why? Because, judging by that image, | 为什么 因为从监控图像上看 |
[15:28] | it would be the thinnest ballistic cloth in the world, | 这将是世上最薄的防弹布料 |
[15:30] | an innovation worth potentially millions. | 这是一项价值数百万美元的科技创新 |
[15:34] | The question then would be– | 那么问题将是 |
[15:35] | where did the professor get it? | 教授是从哪得到这件衣服的 |
[15:38] | I think I might have an idea. | 我可能有个想法 |
[15:41] | The captain sent over Velnik’s financials. | 警监送来了威尔尼克的财务单据 |
[15:45] | Looks like he was spending way more money | 看来他花的钱远远比他 |
[15:48] | than he made as a professor. | 当教授挣的钱多 |
[15:49] | When he was jetting around the world hunting worms, | 他满世界飞来飞去找虫子的时候 |
[15:52] | he stayed in high-end resorts, ate at the best restaurants. | 他都住在高端度假区 去顶级饭店吃饭 |
[15:55] | Did you look into how he was paying for it? | 你有没有调查他是怎样付账的 |
[15:56] | He was siphoning cash out of his research grants. | 他在榨取科研经费 |
[15:59] | I thought maybe one of the people who was funding him | 我猜是给他钱的那些人里 有人发现了 |
[16:01] | found out and then put a stop to it. | 然后阻止他这样下去 |
[16:02] | But take a look at his biggest patron. | 但是看看他最大的赞助人 |
[16:08] | 霍伊特护甲 防护创新 | |
[16:08] | Hoyt Armor Solutions. | 霍伊特护甲公司 |
[16:10] | They gave him $200,000 | 他们给了他二十万 |
[16:13] | for an unspecified research project. | 用于一项没有明说的研究课题 |
[16:15] | Can’t be a coincidence that he was wearing that hoodie | 他为他们工作的时候正穿着那件卫衣 |
[16:18] | – while working for them, can it? – No. | -不可能是巧合 对吧 -对 |
[16:20] | And it would make sense, | 而且他们和一位虫子猎人合作 |
[16:21] | them being in business with a Worm Hunter. | 也就说得通了 |
[16:24] | Natural fibers from worms, | 这些由蠕虫 昆虫幼虫以及蜘蛛 |
[16:26] | insect larvae and spiders are the cutting edge | 产出的天然纤维 是防弹织物研究的 |
[16:29] | of ballistic textile research. | 前沿科技 |
[16:31] | They have the potential to be stronger and lighter | 它们可能比任何合成织物的强度都高 |
[16:33] | than anything synthetic. | 也更轻 |
[16:35] | You and Marcus should, uh, see what Hoyt Armor has to say. | 你和马库斯去听听霍伊特护甲那边怎么说 |
[16:39] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪 |
[16:40] | This is from a friend of mine at the credit bureau. | 征信所的一位朋友给我提供了信息 |
[16:43] | I have to go and see a man about a job. | 我得去见个人 跟他谈一份工作 |
[16:53] | Sherlock Holmes, report to the foreman’s office. | 夏洛克・福尔摩斯 到领班办公室报道 |
[16:59] | You’re Sherlock Holmes? | 你叫夏洛克・福尔摩斯 |
[17:02] | I am. | 对 |
[17:03] | What a coincidence. | 真巧啊 |
[17:05] | So am I. | 我也叫这名字 |
[17:12] | I don’t want trouble. | 我不想惹麻烦 |
[17:14] | But you have to understand, I need this job. | 但你得理解 我需要这份工作 |
[17:17] | Yeah, you don’t need to tell me your story, | 你不用告诉我你的故事 |
[17:18] | ’cause I’ve already deduced it. | 因为我已经推理出来了 |
[17:20] | The rattle in your lungs indicates you spent some time | 你肺里的异响表明你曾经在 |
[17:21] | working around coal. | 煤矿附近工作过 |
[17:23] | Given your accent, I’d say | 听你的口音 |
[17:23] | it was the Killroot Plant in Northern Ireland, | 我想大概是北爱尔兰的吉尔鲁特工厂 |
[17:25] | which recently went through some massive layoffs. | 这工厂最近大幅裁员 |
[17:27] | Post-Brexit, job prospects in the UK are grim. | 英国脱欧后 就业形式严峻 |
[17:29] | So you came here, but you decided to skip | 所以你只能来这里 但你决定跳过 |
[17:31] | the rigmarole of getting a work visa or a Green Card. | 繁琐的工作签证或绿卡申请流程 |
[17:33] | Am I right so far? | 到目前为止 我猜的对吗 |
[17:36] | Bang on. | 继续 |
[17:36] | Unfortunately, you need an Alien Resident Number | 不幸的是 要在美国找到工作 |
[17:38] | to obtain work in America, so you used mine. | 你得有外侨登记号 所以你用了我的 |
[17:42] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[17:43] | I have no interest in turning you over to ICE. | 我没兴趣向移民署举报你 |
[17:46] | I just want to know where you got my A-Number. | 我只想知道你是怎么拿到我的登记号的 |
[18:03] | I bought it on a Dark Web site. | 我在暗网上买的 |
[18:05] | Here’s the URL. | 这是网址 |
[18:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:15] | Look. | 听着 |
[18:17] | The name “Sherlock Holmes,” | “夏洛克·福尔摩斯”这个名字 |
[18:19] | it comes with certain entanglements. | 牵涉到很复杂的关系 |
[18:22] | I’d hate to see you assaulted, | 我不希望你因为我而被袭击 |
[18:24] | kidnapped or murdered ’cause of me. | 绑架 甚至被杀害 |
[18:29] | Get yourself a new identity as soon as possible. | 还是尽快给自己弄个新身份吧 |
[18:40] | I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[18:42] | You think I killed Will over some hoodie? | 你们认为我因为一件卫衣就杀了威尔吗 |
[18:45] | We know you paid him $200,000, | 我们知道你给了他20万 |
[18:48] | probably for his help | 或许是因为他帮你 |
[18:49] | developing next-gen ballistic clothing | 利用虫性纤维 |
[18:51] | from insect and worm fibers. | 研发了新一代防弹衣 |
[18:53] | We also know that you were not happy with his work. | 我们也知道 你对他的工作很不满意 |
[18:55] | According to Velnik’s neighbors, | 据威尔尼克的邻居所说 |
[18:57] | few weeks before the murder, he got into a shouting match | 在他被杀前不久 他跟一个人在门外激烈争吵 |
[18:59] | outside his place with a man matching your description. | 那人刚好符合你的描述 |
[19:02] | Something about “Delays” and “Broken promises.” | 关于什么”拖延”和”违约”的 |
[19:05] | We think that you found out | 我们认为 你发现他 |
[19:06] | that he made his own bulletproof garment. | 私自制造了防弹衣 |
[19:09] | You thought that he was holding out on you. | 你觉得他拖着不告诉你 |
[19:11] | Maybe shopping it to other bidders. | 可能卖给了其他人 |
[19:13] | Now the hoodie’s missing, and Velnik is dead. | 如今衣服失踪了 威尔尼克也死了 |
[19:16] | You said he was murdered three weeks ago, | 你说他是三周前被杀的 |
[19:18] | – Friday night? – Or thereabouts. | -周五晚上 -差不多是那时候 |
[19:20] | That weekend, I was supposed to be at a trade show, | 那个周末我本该去一场交易会 |
[19:22] | The truth is, I was with a friend in Niagara Falls. | 不过事实上 我跟一个朋友去了尼亚加拉瀑布 |
[19:25] | A friend who is not my wife. | 这个朋友 不是我妻子 |
[19:28] | We went over into Canada, hit a casino. | 我们去了加拿大 去了赌场 |
[19:30] | Plenty of cameras over there, if you don’t believe me. | 如果你们不相信我 有很多摄像机为证 |
[19:34] | Say we do believe you. | 就算我们相信你 |
[19:35] | You still could have hired someone | 你还是可以雇人 |
[19:36] | to kill Velnik and take the hoodie. | 去杀了威尔尼克 拿走衣服 |
[19:38] | I didn’t even know about the hoodie, okay? | 我根本不知道有这么件衣服 好吗 |
[19:41] | Did I pay Will? Sure, but not to make anything. | 我给威尔钱了吗 是的 但不是为了做什么 |
[19:44] | He’s the Worm Hunter, and that’s what I hired him for: | 他是个蠕虫猎人 我雇他就是为了这个 |
[19:47] | a worm hunt. | 捕捉蠕虫 |
[19:49] | What kind of worm hunt is worth 200 grand? | 什么蠕虫值20万 |
[19:52] | The kind that could save my company. | 可以拯救我公司的那种 |
[19:55] | You’re right about bug fibers | 的确 虫性纤维 |
[19:56] | being the next big thing in protective clothing, | 是下一代防护衣的重点研究对象 |
[19:59] | but that’s not the whole story. | 但并不是全部 |
[20:01] | No one’s been able to crack | 目前还没有人研究出 |
[20:02] | how to make them in commercial quantities. | 如何利用它们创造商业价值 |
[20:04] | That’s why I hired Will. | 这才是我雇威尔的目的 |
[20:06] | To find bio-organic fibers | 寻找能大量合成的 |
[20:08] | we might be able to synthesize in bulk. | 生物有机纤维 |
[20:10] | And after I went boot-to-ass on him that night, | 那天晚上我跟他吵完后 |
[20:12] | he finally delivered. | 他终于交货了 |
[20:14] | He got me some samples. | 给了我一些样本 |
[20:16] | My chemists are working on them right now. | 我手下的化学家正在研究 |
[20:18] | If that’s true, | 若事实如此 |
[20:19] | I’m assuming you had an agreement in writing? | 我猜你应该有书面合同吧 |
[20:22] | We’ll want to see it and the research. | 我们要看看 研究报告也要 |
[20:24] | Be my guest. There’s nothing about him | 请便 他从来没有给我们 |
[20:26] | making a prototype for us. | 做出过原型 |
[20:28] | Look, if he made one, | 如果他做出来了 |
[20:29] | it must have come from the sample fibers he collected. | 一定是用他收集的那些样本纤维 |
[20:32] | They’re rare, but maybe he was able to pull together enough | 纤维非常稀有 但或许他有办法制造出 |
[20:34] | for one sweatshirt. | 完整的运动衫 |
[20:38] | You know, come to think of it, | 这么一想 |
[20:40] | I may know why Will would have wanted to make himself bulletproof. | 我也许知道威尔为何要给自己做一件防弹衣了 |
[20:45] | Look, a month ago, | 一个月前 |
[20:46] | he told me someone was e-mailing him | 他告诉我 有人给他发匿名邮件 |
[20:48] | anonymous death threats. | 威胁他 |
[20:49] | I told him not to sweat it. | 我跟他说别在意 |
[20:51] | Sounded like nonsense. | 感觉像是胡闹 |
[20:52] | And now he’s dead. | 如今他死了 |
[20:55] | Obviously, I didn’t take the threats seriously enough. | 很显然 我没重视这些威胁 |
[20:57] | But if I were you, | 但如果我是你们 |
[20:59] | I’d try to find the person who sent them. | 我会想办法找出发邮件的人 |
[21:05] | You playing a video game? | 你在打电动吗 |
[21:07] | Worse than that. | 更糟 |
[21:08] | I’m watching a recording of a video game. | 我在看游戏录像 |
[21:11] | Mason sent it. | 梅森寄来的 |
[21:13] | I’m solving a crime for him, | 我帮他破了一个案子 |
[21:15] | in exchange for him solving two crimes for us. | 换他帮我们破两个案子 |
[21:18] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[21:19] | Plays this online game | 在这个网络游戏中 |
[21:21] | where he’s part of a powerful starship alliance. | 他是一支强大的星际舰队的一员 |
[21:24] | As you can see, he and his friends engaged in, uh, | 你可以看到 几天前他和他的朋友们 |
[21:26] | all-out war with another armada days ago. | 和另一支舰队卷入了一场大战 |
[21:29] | What was the crime? | 那案子是什么 |
[21:30] | Just as the battle began, | 在大战开始时 |
[21:32] | a cloaked torpedo was fired from behind Mason’s flagship, | 梅森的旗舰后方发来了一颗鱼雷导弹 |
[21:36] | blowing it up and triggering an utter rout | 爆炸后直接导致了他方军团的 |
[21:38] | of his side. | 全线战败 |
[21:39] | He wants to know who fired the fatal shot. | 他想知道是谁发出了这致命一击 |
[21:43] | You said, in exchange for solving this crime, | 你说作为帮他破案的交换 |
[21:45] | he was gonna help us solve two crimes? | 他要帮我们解决两个案子 |
[21:47] | Crime number one: the death threats issued to Velnik. | 案件一 威尔尼克收到的死亡威胁 |
[21:50] | When you texted me about them, | 你发短信跟我说这件事时 |
[21:51] | I thought finding the source would be simple. | 我本以为查到来源会很简单 |
[21:53] | Dig into Velnik’s e-mails. | 调查威尔尼克的邮件 |
[21:55] | Back-trace the sender. | 反向查出寄信人 |
[21:56] | Unfortunately, according to CCS, | 不幸的是 据通信组的同事说 |
[21:58] | his university e-mail account | 他在大学的电子邮箱账户 |
[21:59] | was deleted right after his murder. | 在他被杀后就被删除了 |
[22:02] | Oh, so you’ve got Mason restoring the information | 所以你让梅森复原那些信息 |
[22:05] | so you can find out who sent the threats. | 好让你找到发出威胁的人 |
[22:07] | So, what’s crime number two? | 那案件二是什么 |
[22:09] | Someone sold my A-Number on the Dark Net, | 有人在暗网上卖我的外侨登记号 |
[22:11] | and Mason is trying to uncover the name of the vendor. | 梅森在试图查出卖家的身份 |
[22:15] | Lucky for him, I think I’ve solved his little mystery. | 他真走运 我应该已经为他破解谜团了 |
[22:20] | Who blew up his flagship? | 谁炸了他的飞船 |
[22:22] | Oh, it’s very complicated. | 解释起来很复杂 |
[22:25] | I spotted a slight recoil | 我发现他舰队中的 |
[22:27] | in another ship in his fleet | 另一艘飞船在隐形鱼雷爆炸前几秒 |
[22:30] | just seconds before the invisible torpedo struck. | 做了一个小小的回冲 |
[22:34] | Well, the recoil was from firing the torpedo. | 这个回冲是发射鱼雷的后坐力造成的 |
[22:36] | He was double-crossed. | 他被出卖了 |
[22:37] | That’s not so complicated. | 这事不复杂啊 |
[22:39] | It was fired by his girlfriend. | 是他女朋友发射的 |
[22:43] | Is that him? | 是他吗 |
[22:44] | After a series of cry-face emojis, | 他发了一堆哭脸表情 |
[22:47] | Mason reports that he has | 然后他说已经 |
[22:49] | uncovered the source of Velnik’s death threats. | 查到了威尔尼克收到的死亡威胁来源 |
[22:53] | Quinn… | 奎恩 |
[22:54] | we know you’re the one | 我们知道是你 |
[22:55] | who sent Velnik these death threats. | 给威尔尼克发了那些死亡威胁 |
[22:57] | Our expert traced them to your office computer | 我们的专家追踪到邮件是由你工作的 |
[22:59] | at the private equity firm where you work. | 私人股权公司的一台办公室电脑发出的 |
[23:04] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[23:06] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[23:08] | I sent Velnik the e-mails, but it is not what you think. | 我给威尔尼克发了邮件 但不是你们想的那样 |
[23:11] | I’ve sent death threats to dozens of people over the years. | 过去几年我给很多人发过死亡威胁邮件 |
[23:14] | And that’s supposed to make you look less guilty? | 这该让你的嫌疑减轻吗 |
[23:18] | These e-mails aren’t just threats. | 这些邮件不只是威胁 |
[23:20] | They’re a delivery system for a computer virus– | 它们其实是电脑病毒的安装系统 |
[23:23] | technically a worm– | 准确来说是电脑蠕虫病毒 |
[23:24] | that lets me download the data of anyone who opens one. | 能够让我下载打开它们的人的所有资料 |
[23:28] | And you send them to anyone who might have information | 你就把这些邮件发送给那些可能掌握了 |
[23:31] | related to the buyouts and investments you’re considering. | 你关心的买卖投资交易信息的人 |
[23:34] | Why disguise your worm as a death threat? | 为什么把病毒伪装成死亡威胁 |
[23:38] | People are pretty savvy these days | 现在的人们 |
[23:39] | when it comes to opening strange e-mails. | 对于阅读陌生邮件都很警惕 |
[23:42] | But the one thing they’ll never ignore is a threat. | 但他们绝不会忽视的就是威胁 |
[23:46] | Since you sent one to Velnik, I assume he had something to do | 你给威尔尼克发了邮件 那他应该 |
[23:49] | with a company you’re looking to buy? | 和你想要买下的公司有点关系 |
[23:51] | Velnik was consulting for Hoyt Armor. | 威尔尼克是霍伊特护甲公司的顾问 |
[23:54] | The tactical fiber industry is worth north of $100 billion. | 战略纤维的产业价值一千亿美元 |
[23:58] | If Velnik had the inside track | 如果威尔尼克掌握了 |
[24:00] | on a newer, better ballistic cloth, | 打造更新更好防弹材料的内幕 |
[24:02] | we wanted to buy Hoyt Armor | 我们想在霍伊特护甲公司 |
[24:03] | before their valuation went supernova. | 成为炙手可热的超新星前就买下它们 |
[24:06] | Only it was a bust. | 但只是白费力气 |
[24:08] | You didn’t get the information you needed. | 你没拿到你要的信息 |
[24:11] | Oh, I got it. | 我拿到了 |
[24:12] | It just proved Hoyt Armor wasn’t worth the effort. | 它证明了霍伊特护甲公司不值得投资 |
[24:14] | When I looked at Velnik’s research logs, | 我查阅威尔尼克的调查日志时 |
[24:17] | I saw that he and Hoyt weren’t even close | 发现他和霍伊特甚至都还没准备 |
[24:19] | to commercial production of a new fiber. | 打造新型纤维的商业产品 |
[24:21] | So we backed off of Hoyt Armor. | 于是我们放弃了霍伊特护甲公司 |
[24:24] | End of story. | 这事就完了 |
[24:25] | This data you stole– | 你偷的那些数据 |
[24:27] | you wouldn’t happen to still have it? | 你还留着它们吗 |
[24:31] | “Incorporated super-promoter in genome | “基因里的合成超强启动子 |
[24:34] | to ramp up levels of acetylcholinester…” | 能提升乙酰胆碱酯酶的浓度…” |
[24:38] | I can’t make heads or tails of this stuff. | 我从这些东西里看不出任何头绪 |
[24:40] | Velnik only cared about two things in life: | 威尔尼克生平只关心两件事 |
[24:42] | sex and worms. | 性和虫子 |
[24:43] | I’m pretty sure this is all about worms. | 我确信这些都是关于虫子的 |
[24:45] | Specifically nematodes, also known as roundworms. | 尤其是圆虫 也叫线虫 |
[24:48] | As of late, they seemed to be the entire focus of his research. | 从目前来看 它们似乎是他研究的全部焦点 |
[24:52] | Cross-breeding of roundworms, | 线虫的杂交育种 |
[24:53] | pesticide resistance in roundworms. | 线虫的抗药性 |
[24:55] | It’s roundworms as far as the eye can see. | 我们能看到的资料都和线虫有关 |
[24:58] | This looks like the fiber research | 这看起来像是他为霍伊特护甲公司 |
[25:00] | that he did for Hoyt Armor. | 做的纤维研究 |
[25:03] | Looks pretty thin. | 看起来资料很少 |
[25:04] | Looks like there’s only about a dozen or so fiber samples. | 看来只有十几个纤维样本 |
[25:07] | I mean, I haven’t done | 我从医学院毕业后 |
[25:08] | academic research since medical school, | 就没有做过学术研究 |
[25:11] | but if you ask me, | 但要我说 |
[25:12] | Velnik really phoned it in. | 威尔尼克真的很敷衍 |
[25:13] | The woman who gave you these materials | 给你这些材料的女人 |
[25:15] | mined every last piece of data from Velnik’s computer, | 收集了威尔尼克电脑里所有的最终数据 |
[25:18] | and there’s no indication | 而并没有迹象显示 |
[25:20] | that he gathered enough fibers | 他收集到了足够的纤维 |
[25:22] | to weave the bulletproof hoodie himself | 来自己编织一件防弹卫衣 |
[25:24] | or that he researched design methods | 或是他研究了如何制作 |
[25:26] | for ballistic cloth or body armor. | 防弹衣物与护甲的方法 |
[25:29] | So you’re thinking he wasn’t the one who made it. | 所以你认为不是他干的 |
[25:31] | Well, if he didn’t, who did? | 如果不是他 那是谁 |
[25:34] | Someone who made off with it after he was dead. | 某个在他死后偷走了那东西的人 |
[25:37] | So Velnik stole the hoodie from someone, | 所以威尔尼克从某人那里偷来了卫衣 |
[25:39] | then three weeks ago, that person stole it back? | 然后三周前 那人又偷回去了 |
[25:42] | That what you’re saying? | 你是这个意思吗 |
[25:43] | He was taking the threats to his life seriously. | 他很认真地在对待对他生命的威胁 |
[25:46] | The hoodie was meant to protect him. | 那卫衣是保护他用的 |
[25:48] | Instead, it got him killed. | 结果却让他送了命 |
[25:54] | You think Velnik was killed by the person | 你认为杀死威尔尼克的凶手 |
[25:57] | he took the prototype from. | 是被他偷走原型的那个人 |
[25:58] | Or one of that person’s competitors. | 或是那人的竞争对手之一 |
[26:00] | They realized Velnik had the hoodie, so they went and got it. | 他们发现威尔尼克拿了卫衣 就去回收了 |
[26:03] | Sherlock’s going through Velnik’s research logs, | 夏洛克正在检查威尔尼克的研究记录 |
[26:05] | hoping to I.D. The labs he might have visited | 希望能找出他在为霍伊特护甲做研究时 |
[26:07] | when he was doing his research for Hoyt Armor. | 可能去过的实验室 |
[26:13] | That’s him. | 是他 |
[26:13] | He says, “Meet me at Rodman’s Neck. | 他说”在罗曼半岛见我 |
[26:16] | Bring Donnie Mainzer’s gun.” | 带上唐尼·美因茨的枪” |
[26:18] | He wants you to bring the gun used to shoot Velnik | 他想要你带着用来射杀威尔尼克的枪 |
[26:21] | to a firing range? | 去靶场 |
[26:23] | Why? | 为什么 |
[26:26] | I gotta say, | 我必须说 |
[26:26] | this feels like cheating. | 这感觉像是在作弊 |
[26:28] | Well, it would be if this had anything to do with marksmanship, | 确实 如果这与瞄准水平有关的话 |
[26:30] | but it doesn’t. | 但这不是 |
[26:32] | We’re testing ballistic fiber. | 我们在测试防弹纤维 |
[26:34] | Donnie Mainzer fired at point-blank range. | 唐尼·美因滋是近距离射击的 |
[26:36] | So must you. | 所以你也要一样 |
[26:37] | Even if it does give you an unfair advantage | 即便这确实让你在和这位 |
[26:39] | in your gentleman’s duel | 填满假血的假人之间的 |
[26:41] | with test dummies filled with fake blood. | 绅士对决中占据了不公平的优势 |
[26:44] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[26:45] | I’m not throwing away my shot. | 我不会射偏的 |
[26:50] | Oh, that’s the last of them. | 这是最后一个了 |
[26:53] | Three dead, two wounded. | 三个死亡 两个受伤 |
[27:00] | So, I never asked. | 话说 我还没问过 |
[27:03] | Almost afraid to. | 也有点不敢问 |
[27:04] | But how did you get five samples of experimental | 但你是怎么在一天内搞到五件 |
[27:07] | ballistic cloth in less than a day? | 试验性防弹织物的 |
[27:09] | Well, while there are downsides to coming from a family | 虽然生于一个在小人口国家里 |
[27:12] | with the wealth and influence of a small nation-state, | 拥有财富与影响力的家族中有消极面 |
[27:15] | when a Holmes walks into a lab and offers to invest millions | 但当福尔摩斯走进你的实验室要投资数百万 |
[27:18] | in their next-gen, bio-organic fiber, | 给你的下一代生物有机纤维时 |
[27:20] | they tend to deliver. | 他们通常会送货上门 |
[27:22] | But how’s it gonna look | 但如果你最终 |
[27:23] | when you don’t fund any of the labs? | 不投资任何实验室的话会怎么样 |
[27:25] | Who says I won’t? | 谁说我不会了 |
[27:27] | This is life-saving technology. | 这是拯救生命的技术 |
[27:28] | Or it’s supposed to be. | 或者说应该是 |
[27:30] | That one has severe internal bleeding. | 那个有严重的内出血 |
[27:33] | Pretty sure this one would have made it. | 这一个肯定能活下去 |
[27:35] | Hairline fractures, | 丝状骨裂 |
[27:36] | just like on Velnik. | 跟威尔尼克的一样 |
[27:38] | Well, guess it’s time to pay Orb-Lite labs a visit. | 我想是时候去奥贝莱特实验室走一趟了 |
[27:43] | It’s Mason. Hang up and text me. | 我是梅森 挂了电话给我发短信 |
[27:46] | Mason, I’ve yet to receive the results of your second task, | 梅森 我还没收到你第二项任务的结果 |
[27:49] | so imagine my annoyance when I logged on | 所以想象一下当我登入 |
[27:51] | to your space game to see that you’ve started | 你那太空游戏后看到你开始 |
[27:53] | to rebuild your alliance with your treacherous girlfriend | 与你奸诈的女友重新组建起联盟 |
[27:55] | rather than finding my thief. | 而不是去找我那小偷时 我有多恼怒 |
[27:58] | Fulfill the terms of our deal, or I will join your game | 完成我们的协议 不然我就加入你的游戏 |
[28:01] | and I will lay your home world to ashes. | 然后毁灭你的大本营 |
[28:08] | That’s harsh. | 真狠 |
[28:09] | It’s deserved, I assure you. | 我向你保证他这是活该 |
[28:10] | Mr. Holmes, | 福尔摩斯先生 |
[28:11] | sorry to keep you waiting. | 抱歉让你久等了 |
[28:13] | I had to secure some of our free-range specimens | 我得处理我们的那些开放样本 |
[28:15] | before I could let you… | 然后才能让你们 |
[28:17] | inside. | 进去 |
[28:18] | Wait. Are you the police? | 等等 你是警察吗 |
[28:21] | Detective Bell. | 贝尔警探 |
[28:23] | We need to ask you some questions. | 我们需要问你些问题 |
[28:27] | I gave you that ballistic cloth sample in good faith, | 我信任你才给了你那件防弹织物样本 |
[28:30] | and now you’re accusing me of murder? | 而你现在却来指控我谋杀 |
[28:32] | Consider it additional vetting. | 把这当做额外审查吧 |
[28:34] | I may well invest in your lab. | 我或许会投资你的实验室 |
[28:36] | But that would be contingent | 但这要取决于 |
[28:37] | on whether or not you killed William Velnik. | 你是否杀了威廉·威尔尼克 |
[28:40] | This hoodie you think he stole– it’s not possible. | 你认为他偷走的这个卫衣 是不可能的 |
[28:45] | Because Orb-Lite didn’t make it. | 因为这不是奥贝莱特做的 |
[28:46] | We couldn’t have. | 我们做不出来 |
[28:47] | You sent him a sample of ballistic cloth | 你发给他的防弹织物样本 |
[28:49] | that behaved exactly like that hoodie. | 与卫衣的防弹表现完全相符 |
[28:51] | Same characteristics, same results. | 同样的特征 同样的结果 |
[28:53] | Same spider. | 同样的蜘蛛 |
[28:56] | The hoodie you described must use | 你说的这个卫衣肯定用了 |
[28:57] | the same base material we do. | 和我们一样的基本材料 |
[29:00] | Silk from Darwin’s bark spiders. | 来自达尔文树皮蛛的蛛丝 |
[29:03] | That’s how you make the cloth so thin. | 所以你才能把衣服做得那么薄 |
[29:05] | Darwin’s bark spiders are from Madagascar. | 达尔文树皮蛛产于马达加斯加 |
[29:07] | Their silk is ten times stronger than Kevlar. | 它们的丝比芳纶硬十倍 |
[29:11] | How did you get enough of them in one place | 你们是怎么聚集足够的蜘蛛 |
[29:12] | to produce any sort of output? | 来进行任何产出的 |
[29:14] | That’s what I’m trying to tell you. | 这就是我想告诉你的 |
[29:16] | We didn’t. | 我们没有做到 |
[29:18] | So far, we haven’t produced enough cloth to make a tank top, | 目前 我们连做背心的布料都不够 |
[29:21] | let alone a sweatshirt. | 更别说运动衫了 |
[29:26] | Follow me. | 跟我来 |
[29:27] | I’ll show you. | 我带你们看 |
[29:30] | Darwin’s bark spider silk is ideal for tactical cloth. | 达尔文树皮蛛丝是理想的战略布料 |
[29:33] | The problem is, they’re cannibals. | 但问题是 它们同类相食 |
[29:36] | We’ve tried hormones, drugs, | 我们尝试了荷尔蒙和药物干预 |
[29:37] | but nothing stops the killing. | 但都不能阻止它们互相残杀 |
[29:39] | The only solution | 唯一的解决方法 |
[29:40] | is an individual enclosure for each spider. | 就是每个蜘蛛住一个玻璃隔间 |
[29:43] | But we’d need hundreds of thousands of spiders | 但我们需要成千上万的蜘蛛 |
[29:45] | to make enough silk to go into production. | 才能产生足够生产的蛛丝 |
[29:47] | So you’d need the same number of enclosures | 所以你们需要同等数量的玻璃隔间 |
[29:49] | and a facility the size of a football field. | 以及足球场大小的设备场地 |
[29:51] | The cost would be astronomical. | 成本将是天文数字 |
[29:53] | Right now, we have 20 spiders. | 现在我们有二十只蜘蛛 |
[29:54] | The sample we gave you | 给你们的样品 |
[29:55] | was six months’ worth of their production. | 是它们六个月的成果 |
[29:58] | Dr. Elke and I are trying to find a way to scale up, | 艾克博士和我一直在寻找量产的方法 |
[30:01] | but so far, we’ve struck out. | 但目前还没成功 |
[30:04] | So, whoever made the hoodie you were talking about | 无论谁制造了你所说的卫衣 |
[30:08] | must have figured out how to mass-produce bark spider silk. | 他们肯定找到了量产树皮蛛丝的方法 |
[30:11] | It just wasn’t us. | 但不是我们 |
[30:13] | We’ll need your research notes. | 我们需要你们的研究笔记 |
[30:14] | And it’ll help if you both provide | 如果能提供案发当晚你们俩的 |
[30:16] | an alibi for the time of the murder, | 不在场证明就更好了 |
[30:17] | – but I think we’re done here. – Actually… | -其他没有了 -事实上 |
[30:20] | I-I see your enclosures are heavily fortified. | 我发现你们的玻璃间关得很严实 |
[30:23] | Bark spiders, I know, are cannibals, | 我知道树皮蛛自相残杀 |
[30:25] | but are they also escape artists? | 但它们也擅长越狱吗 |
[30:28] | A few spiders got out last year, | 去年有几只蜘蛛逃走了 |
[30:30] | so we upgraded to more secure enclosures. Why? | 所以我们升级了安全措施 怎么了 |
[30:33] | Perhaps someone helped them escape. | 也许有人协助了蜘蛛逃跑 |
[30:35] | You think someone took them? | 你觉得有人偷了它们 |
[30:38] | I mean, the spiders are valuable. | 蜘蛛确实很珍贵 |
[30:40] | But Dr. Elke and I are the only ones with access to this lab. | 但艾克博士和我是唯一能进出此实验室的人 |
[30:43] | No one else gets in unsupervised. | 其他人都需要监管 |
[30:45] | Really? What about whoever was having sex in that chair? | 真的吗 那在那椅子上做爱的人呢 |
[30:48] | I’m sorry. What? | 不好意思 你说什么 |
[30:50] | Well, the signs are quite clear to anyone with a keen eye | 任何一个拥有锐利眼神和灵敏鼻子的人 |
[30:52] | and a sensitive nose. | 都能发现迹象 |
[30:54] | I mean, aside from the, uh, biological trace evidence, | 除了遗留的生物证据外 |
[30:58] | the scuff marks beneath the chair | 椅子脚下的划痕 |
[31:00] | indicate a sort of rhythmic movement. | 证明这椅子曾有过节奏性移动 |
[31:01] | I see no indication that you and Dr. Elke are partners, | 我不认为你和艾克博士是一对 |
[31:04] | so perhaps one of you had help in making them. | 所以可能是你们其中一人制造了这些划痕 |
[31:07] | Scott? | 斯考特 |
[31:08] | I… | 我… |
[31:10] | I’ve, uh, kind of been hooking up with someone | 去年我一直和某人 |
[31:14] | on and off for the past year. | 分分合合 |
[31:16] | I work long hours, so sometimes she, uh… | 我经常加班 有时候她 |
[31:19] | visits. | 来看我 |
[31:21] | Was she here the night your spiders got out? | 蜘蛛越狱的那晚她在这里吗 |
[31:24] | She asked me to go get some wine. | 她让我去拿些酒 |
[31:26] | I was gone 15 minutes, tops. | 我最多离开了15分钟 |
[31:28] | Afterwards I thought we bumped the enclosures, | 之后我以为是我们撞到了玻璃柜 |
[31:31] | you know, during, | 你懂的 在过程中 |
[31:32] | and that’s how the spiders escaped, but… | 然后蜘蛛就逃出来了 但是 |
[31:35] | Now you think she stole them. | 现在你认为是她偷走的 |
[31:38] | She have a name? | 她有名字吗 |
[31:39] | Uh, Sepi. | 赛比 |
[31:41] | Sepi Chamanara. | 赛比·查玛那拉 |
[31:42] | She’s a professor at Millerton University. | 她是米勒顿大学的教授 |
[31:45] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[31:46] | Maybe I stole a few spiders. | 也许我是偷了几只蜘蛛 |
[31:48] | But come on, they’re spiders. | 可那只是蜘蛛啊 |
[31:50] | And we’ve been over this. | 而且我们说过这些了 |
[31:52] | I was with someone the night Will died. | 威尔死的那晚我和别人在一起 |
[31:53] | Actually, I talked to her. | 事实上 我和她谈过了 |
[31:55] | After I explained what we think you did, | 当我告诉她你可能犯下的罪行后 |
[31:57] | she admitted that she didn’t know exactly | 她承认自己不知道 |
[31:59] | what time you showed up at her place the night of the murder. | 谋杀案发当晚你具体是几点到她家的 |
[32:01] | You recently bid on a lucrative contract | 你最近在投标一个大合同 |
[32:03] | to provide body armor to federal law enforcement. | 为联邦执法机构提供防弹衣 |
[32:06] | The bid included photos of your prototype, | 投标文件有你样品的照片 |
[32:08] | which looks exactly like the one we saw Professor Velnik wearing. | 看上去和威尔尼克穿的一模一样 |
[32:13] | We figure Velnik found out about your prototype and stole it. | 我们猜测威尔尼克发现了你的样品并偷走了 |
[32:16] | For a while, you didn’t know it was him. | 很长一段时间 你不知道是他偷的 |
[32:18] | Then Donnie Mainzer entered the picture. | 然后轮到唐尼·美因茨出场了 |
[32:20] | We know you were on campus that night. | 我们知道那晚你在校园 |
[32:22] | You heard shots. | 你听到了枪声 |
[32:23] | You ran to help him, | 跑去帮助他 |
[32:24] | but then you saw him wearing your missing hoodie. | 但你看到他穿着你的防弹卫衣 |
[32:26] | He’d violated your trust. | 他背叛了你的信任 |
[32:27] | You lost your temper. There was a screwdriver nearby. | 你大为光火 附近正好有个螺丝刀 |
[32:32] | You guys are really desperate to pin this on someone, aren’t you? | 你们真是迫不及待想找出凶手 是吧 |
[32:37] | You are right about one thing, though. | 不过你们说对了一件事 |
[32:39] | That is my hoodie. | 那是我的卫衣 |
[32:40] | But Will didn’t steal it. | 但威尔没有偷 |
[32:42] | When he told me about the death threats he’d been getting, | 当他告诉我他收到的那些死亡威胁时 |
[32:44] | I was worried about him, so I gave him one. | 我很担心 就给了他一件 |
[32:47] | You just handed over your prototype? | 你就把自己的原型成果这样送出去了吗 |
[32:49] | I have dozens of them. | 我有很多 |
[32:50] | If you’d like, I can bring a boxful to the station. | 如果你们想要 我可以送一箱去警局 |
[32:53] | You’ve found a way to mass-produce Darwin’s bark spider silk? | 你找到了量产达尔文树皮蛛丝的方法 |
[32:56] | A way that no one else can duplicate. | 一个别人无法复制的方法 |
[32:59] | See for yourselves. | 你们自己看吧 |
[33:01] | It’s a silkworm farm. | 这是我的蚕场 |
[33:03] | I took the genes from a Darwin’s bark spider | 我从达尔文树皮蛛身上提取了基因 |
[33:05] | and spliced them into silkworms. | 并嫁接到蚕体内 |
[33:07] | Now the worms spin their cocoons out of bulletproof spider silk. | 现在这些蚕正在结出防弹蛛丝茧 |
[33:11] | The process is proprietary, | 整个过程是我独家的 |
[33:12] | and it cannot be reverse-engineered. | 而且不可逆 |
[33:14] | Which means that no one, | 所以没有人 |
[33:16] | not even if they got their hands on one of my prototypes, | 即使他们有我的原型样品 |
[33:19] | could steal it. | 也不能偷走技术 |
[33:20] | So, if you’re looking for motive to kill Will, | 所以 如果你们在寻找杀死威尔的动机 |
[33:25] | I don’t have one. | 我没有 |
[33:27] | Well, Sepi Chamanara | 赛比·查玛那拉 |
[33:28] | is as talented a liar as she is a geneticist, | 当骗子和当遗传学家一样有天赋 |
[33:30] | but she’s a liar nonetheless. | 但她依旧是个骗子 |
[33:32] | I don’t trust her, either, but we still don’t have any way | 我也不相信她 但我们还是没有办法 |
[33:34] | to link her to Velnik’s murder. | 把她和威尔尼克的谋杀案联系起来 |
[33:35] | You’re wrong about that, and so is she. | 你错了 她也错了 |
[33:37] | We have motive. | 我们有动机 |
[33:38] | In the photographs she showed us, | 她给我们看的照片里 |
[33:40] | did you notice the mulberry leaves that her silkworms were eating? | 你注意到她的蚕吃的桑叶了吗 |
[33:42] | They should be green and plump. | 叶子本该翠绿饱满 |
[33:43] | Instead, they were jaundiced and brittle. | 相反 它们枯黄脆弱 |
[33:45] | That’s why she killed Velnik. | 这就是她的动机 |
[33:48] | Because of yellow mulberry leaves? | 因为枯黄的桑叶吗 |
[33:49] | Because he was a mass murderer. | 因为威尔尼克是个大规模屠杀者 |
[33:51] | He’d figured out a way to kill tens of thousands of her silkworms, | 他发现了大规模杀死赛比的蚕的方法 |
[33:54] | and she killed him to avenge them. | 她就杀了威尔尼克为它们报仇 |
[33:56] | Now we just have to prove it. | 现在我们只需要证据 |
[34:01] | You’ve beenr holding out on us, Mr. Hoyt. | 你对我们还有所保留 霍伊特先生 |
[34:03] | When my people spoke to you earlier, you failed to mention | 我的人之前找你谈话时 你没提到 |
[34:07] | the little conspiracy | 你和威廉姆·威尔尼克 |
[34:08] | you had cooking with William Velnik. | 共同策划的阴谋 |
[34:10] | We spoke to Sepi Chamanara today. | 我们今天和赛比·查玛那拉谈过了 |
[34:13] | Does that name ring a bell? | 这名字有印象吗 |
[34:15] | She told us that she’s using transgenic silkworms | 她说她正用基因改造的蚕 |
[34:17] | to mass-produce spider silk. | 大规模生产蛛丝 |
[34:19] | Apparently, it’s going to revolutionize the body armor business. | 显然 这会是防弹衣界的革新技术 |
[34:22] | When she showed us pictures of her silk farm, | 当她给我们看蚕场的照片时 |
[34:25] | something caught our colleague’s eye. | 我们的同事发现了蹊跷 |
[34:27] | Her silk farm is half empty. | 她的蚕场空了一半 |
[34:29] | There were racks for twice as many worms as she had, | 蚕架的数量是蚕的两倍 |
[34:32] | and the worms that were in the pictures | 而且图片中的蚕 |
[34:33] | were feeding on wilted, yellow leaves. | 正吃着枯萎的黄叶 |
[34:36] | I’m not following you. | 我不明白 |
[34:38] | What does that have to do with me and Will? | 这与我和威尔有什么关系 |
[34:40] | Those silkworms are potentially worth billions of dollars. | 那些蚕可能值上亿美元 |
[34:43] | Why feed them sick leaves unless she had no other choice? | 为何喂食枯叶呢 除非她别无选择 |
[34:48] | Now, the funny thing about genetically engineered species– | 一个关于基因改造物种的小知识 |
[34:50] | they often have highly specialized diets. | 它们都有高度专一的饮食结构 |
[34:53] | Now, as far as we can tell, Sepi’s silkworms | 就目前我们所知 赛比的蚕 |
[34:55] | could only eat the leaves of a very specific, | 只吃一种特殊的 及其罕见的 |
[34:58] | very rare subspecies of mulberry. | 桑树亚种的叶子 |
[35:01] | Probably why she planted | 或许正是这个原因 |
[35:02] | an entire orchard of those trees at her silkworm farm. | 她的蚕场里种满了那种树 |
[35:06] | Only her special trees looked like they were dying. | 只是那些树看上去快死了 |
[35:10] | That’s where you come into the picture. | 现在轮到你出场了 |
[35:12] | Those dying trees. | 那些快死的树 |
[35:13] | Our associate was able to tell from the look of those yellow leaves | 我们的同事根据照片中的枯黄叶子 |
[35:16] | that Sepi’s trees were being killed | 辨别出赛比的树 |
[35:18] | by something called root-knot roundworms. | 是被一种根结线虫所杀 |
[35:21] | Now, according to Velnik’s research logs, | 根据威尔尼克的研究记录 |
[35:25] | he spent the better part of the past year | 去年他花费了很久 |
[35:27] | breeding pesticide-resistant root-knot roundworms. | 培养抗杀虫剂的根结线虫 |
[35:31] | Sepi Chamanara is bidding | 赛比·查玛那拉正在竞标 |
[35:32] | for a huge body armor contract with the Feds. | 联调局的防弹衣合同 |
[35:36] | As it turns out, you’re the current contract holder. | 结果我们发现 你是现在的合同持有人 |
[35:39] | You knew, if you lost it, your company would go under. | 你知道一旦失去这个合同 你的公司会倒闭 |
[35:42] | So you had Velnik breed those worms | 所以你让威尔尼克培育那些虫子 |
[35:44] | for the express purpose of killing Sepi’s trees. | 就为了杀死赛比的树 |
[35:46] | Her worms would starve, and Hoyt Armor would be saved. | 她的虫子会挨饿 霍伊特护甲将安全存活 |
[35:53] | It was Will’s idea. | 是威尔的主意 |
[35:56] | He found out about Sepi’s silkworms, | 他发现了赛比的蚕 |
[35:58] | said they were the next big thing. | 说这是下一项重大突破 |
[36:00] | He told me he could sabotage them– for a price. | 他告诉我他有办法搞破坏 但有个价格 |
[36:03] | An aggressive prosecutor could probably | 一个激进的检察官很有可能 |
[36:05] | turn this into a RICO case. | 把这个当作诈骗案起诉 |
[36:07] | But lucky for you, | 但你很幸运 |
[36:09] | we only want Sepi. | 我们只想抓住赛比 |
[36:11] | You give us something we can use to nail her for Velnik’s murder, | 你给我们能证明她杀了威尔尼克的证据 |
[36:16] | and we’re done here. | 我们就不追究你了 |
[36:20] | She saved her trees. | 她救活了那些树 |
[36:22] | What does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[36:23] | I have a friend on the approval board for that body armor contract. | 我有个朋友供职于防弹衣合同批准委员会 |
[36:27] | After Will worked his magic, | 在威尔实施了他的魔法后 |
[36:29] | he told me Sepi’s worms were starving | 他告诉我赛比的虫子在挨饿 |
[36:31] | and that her chance of landing that contract was nil. | 而且她拿下合同的几率几乎为零 |
[36:34] | But a few weeks back, my friend e-mails me, | 但几周后 我朋友发邮件告诉我 |
[36:36] | tells me that Sepi’s the frontrunner again. | 赛比又成了最有希望的竞争者 |
[36:37] | That somehow she saved her damn trees | 不知如何她救活了那些该死的树 |
[36:39] | from Will’s roundworms. | 逃过了威尔的线虫的毒手 |
[36:41] | This was five days after he was murdered. | 这事发生在威尔被杀后五天 |
[36:45] | Call me crazy, but… | 也许我疯了 但是 |
[36:46] | somehow that’s gotta be connected, right? | 这两者肯定有关 不是吗 |
[37:23] | What the hell, man? | 什么情况 老兄 |
[37:25] | What are you doing in my place? | 你在我的地盘干什么 |
[37:26] | It’s not your place. | 这不是你的地盘 |
[37:28] | Your name is Nick Agnes. | 你叫尼克·艾格尼丝 |
[37:29] | You recently broke into a doctor’s office, | 你最近闯进了一个医生的办公室 |
[37:31] | and you stole a bunch of patient files. | 偷了一堆病人的档案 |
[37:32] | You’ve been selling the information in those files online, hmm? | 你一直在网上贩卖那些档案中的信息 对吧 |
[37:36] | God. | 天啊 |
[37:39] | It’s you. | 是你 |
[37:41] | The guy with the weird name. | 名字很怪的那个人 |
[37:42] | Sherlock, right? | 叫夏洛克 对吧 |
[37:44] | You’re the one he wanted to know about. | 他想了解的人就是你 |
[37:46] | – What? – This guy. | -什么 -有个人 |
[37:48] | He-he called me a couple weeks ago. | 他几周前打电话给我 |
[37:51] | Said he knew all about me. | 说他对我的事情了如指掌 |
[37:55] | Drug problem. | 吸毒的事 |
[37:58] | Crimes I’d done. | 我犯过的罪 |
[37:59] | Things that would get me locked up | 都是会让我进局子的事 |
[38:00] | unless I did exactly what he said. | 除非我照他说的做 |
[38:01] | Which was? | 他让你做什么 |
[38:04] | Rob the doctor’s office. | 洗劫医生的办公室 |
[38:05] | He said I could take whatever I wanted | 我说我想拿什么去卖都随便 |
[38:08] | and sell it, but to make sure that I got your file. | 但一定要确保有你的档案 |
[38:11] | He said it was real important. | 他说那非常重要 |
[38:14] | What was his name? | 他叫什么 |
[38:16] | This is outrageous. | 这太离谱了 |
[38:18] | I came here because you said you had more questions about Will, | 我来这里是因为你说还有些关于威尔的问题 |
[38:21] | and now you’re, what, | 可现在怎么着 |
[38:22] | accusing me of stabbing him | 你要指控我捅了他 |
[38:24] | because he was killing my mulberry trees | 因为他要弄死我的桑树 |
[38:27] | and starving my silkworms? | 并要饿死我的蚕 |
[38:29] | My trees are fine. | 我的树好着呢 |
[38:31] | I can prove it. | 我可以证明 |
[38:33] | So can we. | 我们也能证明 |
[38:42] | We got these from your silkworm farm. | 这是在你的蚕场找到的 |
[38:44] | You had your workers spraying your trees with them. | 你让工人们往树上喷这些 |
[38:47] | One’s a pesticide called Versacarb. | 一种是叫寄生克星的杀虫剂 |
[38:50] | The other is DBDP. | 另一种是DBDP |
[38:54] | It’s funny. Normally, neither one | 说来有趣 通常它们任意一种 |
[38:55] | is any good at killing roundworms. | 都不能杀死线虫 |
[38:58] | In spite of that, | 不过 |
[38:58] | the day after Velnik died, you had your foreman spraying | 威尔尼克死后第二天 你让工头 |
[39:02] | your orchard with both of them. | 把这两种都喷到了你的果园里 |
[39:04] | And like magic, | 然后 就像变魔术般 |
[39:05] | your trees started to recover. | 你的树开始康复了 |
[39:08] | Only it wasn’t magic. | 那不仅是魔法 |
[39:09] | It was Velnik’s last ounce of scientific ethics. | 也是威尔尼克最后的一丝科研良知 |
[39:12] | Before he turned his roundworms loose on your trees, | 在他往你的树上放线虫之前 |
[39:15] | he engineered a weakness into them. | 他在它们体内植入了一种弱点 |
[39:17] | A failsafe in case they spread. | 一种自动保险装置 以防它们蔓延 |
[39:19] | He only wanted your trees dead, | 他只想弄死你的树 |
[39:21] | not every mulberry tree in the world. | 不是地球上所有的桑树 |
[39:23] | So he made his roundworms susceptible | 所以他让他的线虫 |
[39:25] | to a combination of Versacarb and DBDP. | 对寄生克星和DBDP的混合物很敏感 |
[39:29] | But he didn’t tell anyone else how to kill them. | 但他没跟任何人说过怎么杀死它们 |
[39:31] | Not even the man paying him, Jon Hoyt. | 连付他钱的强恩·霍伊特也没说过 |
[39:35] | So the only way you could have known | 所以你会知道这件事 |
[39:37] | was if you got your hands on his research. | 唯一的途径就是你看过他的研究 |
[39:41] | We executed a search warrant on your home this morning. | 我们今早执行了对你家的搜查 |
[39:45] | We found Professor Velnik’s missing hard drive. | 发现了威尔尼克教授丢失的硬盘 |
[39:48] | There was even a little blood on it. | 上面甚至还有一些血迹 |
[39:57] | It was like you said yesterday. | 就像你昨天说的 |
[39:59] | I was in my lab when I heard shots. | 我在我的实验室听到了枪声 |
[40:02] | I went to help. | 我想去帮忙 |
[40:04] | Somewhere along the way, I grabbed a screwdriver | 在途中 我顺手拿了一把螺丝刀 |
[40:07] | to protect myself. | 好保护我自己 |
[40:09] | When I got to his office, I was so relieved. | 我到他办公室后 如释重负 |
[40:13] | Will was alive. | 威尔还活着 |
[40:15] | My hoodie had saved him. | 我的卫衣救了他 |
[40:21] | But just as I went to call 911, | 可就在我要拨打911的时候 |
[40:23] | I saw what he’d been working on. | 我看到了他一直在研究的东西 |
[40:26] | Root-knot roundworms. | 根结线虫 |
[40:28] | The same kind that had been killing my trees. | 正是在蚕食我的树的那种 |
[40:32] | Rage is a biological impulse. | 愤怒是种生物冲动 |
[40:36] | Just like lust. | 跟性欲一样 |
[40:38] | It all comes from the same place. | 都来自同一处地方 |
[40:40] | We have this… | 我们都有这种… |
[40:44] | drive. | 本能 |
[40:45] | To survive | 为了存活 |
[40:48] | and to destroy anything that gets in our way. | 也要毁灭任何挡住我们道路的东西 |
[41:02] | What are you doing down here? | 你在这下面干什么 |
[41:05] | I found the person who stole my files | 我找到了从神经科医生那里 |
[41:06] | from the neurologist. | 偷我档案的人 |
[41:08] | That’s great. | 很好啊 |
[41:10] | Turns out he was blackmailed into his crimes. | 结果发现他是被勒索去犯罪的 |
[41:14] | He’s an addict who’s made repeated stabs at recovery. | 他是个屡戒失败的瘾君子 |
[41:18] | Made the mistake of discussing some of his other crimes | 不慎跟一个在互助会上认识的人 |
[41:21] | with a man he met at a meeting. | 谈到了他犯过的其他罪行 |
[41:24] | A man who only seemed to want to help. | 那人当时看起来只是想帮忙 |
[41:29] | Michael. | 迈克 |
[41:31] | He wanted a copy of my file, you see. | 他想要我档案的副本 |
[41:33] | He had his pawn text him pictures of it. | 他让他的爪牙给他发了照片 |
[41:37] | Did you get the number of the phone? | 你要到手机号码了吗? |
[41:40] | It was a burner phone, deactivated two weeks ago. | 是一次性手机 两周前就失效了 |
[41:42] | Completely untraceable. | 完全无法追踪 |
[41:44] | Michael only stopped killing | 迈克停止杀人 |
[41:46] | in order to give me time to recover from my PCS. | 只是为了给我时间从脑震荡后综合征中恢复 |
[41:49] | So we need to prepare ourselves, | 我们得做好准备 |
[41:51] | because now that he knows I’m better, | 现在他知道我好转了 |
[41:54] | he’s going to be back. | 他要回来了 |