时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | The Nose. He’s an Irregular | 他的鼻子 他是个非常规军 |
[00:03] | I’ve used from time to time. | 我时不时会用一下 |
[00:05] | His sense of smell outpaces even my own. | 他的嗅觉比我还灵敏 |
[00:07] | Sherlock Holmes, meet Sir James Walter, | 夏洛克·福尔摩斯 这是詹姆斯·沃尔特爵士 |
[00:09] | Deputy Chief S.I.S. | 秘密情报处的副处长 |
[00:11] | I anticipated that without Moriarty | 我以为没有了莫里亚蒂 |
[00:13] | her group would fall apart. | 她的组织会分崩离析 |
[00:14] | Someone else has taken over. | 有人接管了 |
[00:16] | I did it for you, Sherlock. | 我是为了你 夏洛克 |
[00:18] | – You and Joan. – So your only recourse | -为了你和乔恩 -所以你唯一的方式 |
[00:20] | was to become head of an organization | 就是成为一个 |
[00:22] | which murders for profit. | 为钱杀人的组织的头目 |
[00:23] | How else would I dismantle it? | 不然我还能怎样让它解散 |
[00:25] | Your name is Vanja Borozan. | 你的名字是万尼亚·博罗扎 |
[00:27] | You are a high-priced assassin. | 是个重金杀手 |
[00:29] | Who hired you to kill my father? | 谁雇你来杀我父亲的 |
[00:31] | I understand that her FBI handlers | 我知道她在联调局的上线 |
[00:33] | lost track of her some time ago. | 早前失去了她的线索 |
[00:35] | She’s back, son, | 她回来了 儿子 |
[00:37] | and she wants what’s hers. | 她想拿回自己的东西 |
[00:40] | Moriarty. | 莫里亚蒂 |
[01:01] | Just you? | 就你吗 |
[01:02] | Yeah. I got your message while I was out. | 是 我收到你消息时正好在外边 |
[01:03] | I actually thought that Sherlock would get here before me. | 我还以为夏洛克会比我早到呢 |
[01:06] | Don’t get me wrong. No one I’d | 别理解错我的意思 但我可不想 |
[01:07] | rather linger over a two-day-old corpse with. | 跟任何人一起细品一具放了两天的尸体 |
[01:09] | Two days? | 两天 |
[01:10] | Neighbors noticed the pizza | 邻居发现披萨 |
[01:12] | had been sitting there a while, got concerned. | 在外边放了很久 有些担心 |
[01:14] | MLI says he’s been dead about 48 hours. | 法医调查员说他死了差不多48小时 |
[01:16] | Victim’s name was Gilbert Pham. | 受害者叫吉尔伯特·范姆 |
[01:18] | He’s a lawyer at Kress & Howell, | 他是克雷斯豪尔公司的律师 |
[01:20] | one of the big accounting firms. | 最大的会计公司之一 |
[01:22] | “VP, Discovery.” | “查证部副部长” |
[01:23] | Yeah, they go over the books | 他们会检查交易中 |
[01:24] | of companies involved in deals, | 各个公司的账本 |
[01:26] | vet mergers, things like that. | 审查合并 这类的事情 |
[01:29] | Talked to the pizza shop. | 我跟那家披萨店聊了聊 |
[01:30] | Cashier says Pham was a regular, | 收银员说范姆是常客 |
[01:32] | and it was definitely him who placed the order. | 而且绝对是他下的单 |
[01:34] | 9:00 P.M. night before last, | 那是前晚九点的事 |
[01:37] | so we know he was still alive then. | 所以我们知道他那个时候还活着 |
[01:39] | Home invasion gone bad? | 入室抢劫失控了吗 |
[01:41] | I’d say that’s what we’re supposed to think. | 要我说 我们本该是这么想的 |
[01:44] | Kitchen door window’s busted from the outside. | 厨房门上的玻璃是从外边打碎的 |
[01:46] | We found the bolt unlocked. | 我们发现门栓没锁 |
[01:48] | Place has been tossed. | 整个地方被翻了个底朝天 |
[01:49] | No money or loose valuables left behind. | 没剩下任何钱或值钱的东西 |
[01:51] | But if someone broke that window and then opened this door, | 但如果有人打破那扇窗户 开了这门 |
[01:54] | the door would have swept the glass aside, | 门会把碎玻璃扫到一边 |
[01:56] | so this was done for show. | 所以这些是故意弄成这样的 |
[01:59] | We also found a car service voucher | 我们还在范姆的口袋里发现了 |
[02:01] | in Pham’s pocket. | 一张汽车服务收据 |
[02:02] | Says they dropped him here at 7:00. | 上面写着他是七点回来的 |
[02:03] | That’s two hours before he ordered the pizza. | 也就是他下单买披萨前两个小时 |
[02:05] | I don’t know about you and your partner, | 我不知道你和你的搭档会怎样 |
[02:07] | but when I get home, shoes and tie come off | 但我回家时 我一进门就会 |
[02:10] | as soon as I’m in the door. | 脱掉鞋子和领带 |
[02:11] | So you’re wondering what happened in the two hours | 所以你在想 从他到家至被杀的 |
[02:13] | between when he got home and when he was killed. | 这两个小时里 到底发生了什么 |
[02:18] | Did you notice these scratches? | 你看到这些划痕了吗 |
[02:20] | I saw those bruises on his wrist. | 我在他的手腕上看到了些淤青 |
[02:21] | I’m guessing that he spent some of that time | 我猜他被用手铐铐在了 |
[02:23] | handcuffed to this chair. | 这张椅子上一段时间 |
[02:25] | Could be this whole “home invasion” angle | 这个什么”入室抢劫” |
[02:26] | was just a distraction | 可能只是个障眼法 |
[02:29] | to keep us from looking at his computer. | 为了不让我们去看他的电脑 |
[02:31] | I’ll have CCS go over it, find out what kind of work | 我会让鉴证科去查 看看他死的那晚 |
[02:33] | – he did on it the night he died. – All right. | -他都做了些什么 -好的 |
[02:36] | I’ll call Sherlock again. | 我再给夏洛克打电话 |
[02:50] | You can’t be certain that it was Moriarty | 你不能确定是莫里亚蒂 |
[02:52] | who hired Vanja Borozan to kill you. | 雇佣万尼亚·博罗扎来杀你的 |
[02:54] | Plenty of people want you dead. | 很多人都想让你死 |
[02:56] | Most of my life, I’ve wanted you dead. | 我这辈子很多时候都曾想让你死 |
[02:58] | No doubt. | 毫无疑问 |
[02:59] | But even you must be able to see | 但就算是你也一定明白 |
[03:01] | the sense in what I say. | 我想说的是什么 |
[03:02] | Borozan trained in Moriarty’s camp. | 博罗扎在莫里亚蒂手下接受的训练 |
[03:04] | I’ve made it my mission for the last two years | 过去两年 我让摧毁她的帝国 |
[03:07] | to destroy her empire. | 成为了我的使命 |
[03:08] | That she should eventually | 她最终会把注意力转向我 |
[03:09] | turn her attention to me was inevitable. | 这是避无可避的事情 |
[03:11] | So, did every last one of her handlers die during her escape? | 那么在她逃亡期间 她的每个上线都死了吗 |
[03:14] | ‘Cause you’d think someone would have notified me. | 这样的话应该会有人通知我吧 |
[03:16] | As I understand it, she simply slipped through their fingers. | 据我所知 她就是轻松逃掉了 |
[03:19] | No bloodshed. Makes one think | 没有人员伤亡 这让人不禁去想 |
[03:20] | she could have done it at any time. | 她本可能随时逃走 |
[03:22] | I wouldn’t be too harsh on your… FBI contacts. | 我要是你 就不会苛责你在联调局的联系人 |
[03:26] | The Bureau tried very hard to keep a lid on it. | 局里费了很大功夫想掩盖此事 |
[03:29] | Losing a prisoner as important as Moriarty, well… | 让莫里亚蒂这样重要的囚犯逃掉 |
[03:32] | must be quite an embarrassment. | 肯定是非常丢人的 |
[03:34] | What’s your excuse for not telling me? | 那你有什么借口不告诉我 |
[03:36] | I haven’t known for long. | 我也才知道没多久 |
[03:38] | I will, of course, need to verify all of this. | 我当然需要确认你说的所有事情 |
[03:40] | Of course. | 当然 |
[03:42] | Once you have, I’ll need your help. | 等你确定完 我会需要你的帮助 |
[03:46] | I hoped I would never have to make this request. | 我曾希望我永远都不会提出这个请求 |
[03:49] | We can both imagine how many lives would be lost | 你我都能想到她重掌曾经的权力后 |
[03:51] | should she ascend to her former power. | 将有多少人丧命 |
[03:53] | And no one knows her better than you. | 没有人比你更了解她 |
[03:55] | What’s the request? | 什么请求 |
[03:57] | Moriarty intends to kill me. | 莫里亚蒂想要杀我 |
[04:00] | I need your help to kill her first. | 我需要你帮我先杀了她 |
[04:55] | You’ve been asking a lot of favors | 最近你一直在找我们寻求 |
[04:57] | of us lately, Holmes. | 各种帮助 福尔摩斯 |
[04:59] | My time working for British Intelligence | 我为英国情报局工作的时间 |
[05:01] | may have been brief, | 或许很短 |
[05:02] | but I’d say I’d earned a few chits. | 但我绝对值得一些回报 |
[05:04] | Indeed. | 确实 |
[05:06] | Per your request, | 按照你的要求 |
[05:08] | the personal effects of Vanja Borozan. | 这是万尼亚·博罗扎的私人物品 |
[05:11] | Everything we found on his body | 我们在他的尸体或酒店房间 |
[05:12] | or in his hotel room. | 发现的所有东西 |
[05:14] | So far, our boys have failed to identify | 目前为止 我们的人没能查到 |
[05:17] | whoever was paying his bills, | 是谁雇的他 |
[05:19] | but I would not be surprised if you have greater success. | 但如果你有所突破 我一定不会吃惊 |
[05:23] | I’ll let you know what I find. | 有发现我会告诉你 |
[05:28] | Holmes. | 福尔摩斯 |
[05:30] | The last time we met, | 我们上次见面的时候 |
[05:31] | I expressed my condolences | 我对你哥哥的死 |
[05:32] | on the death of your brother. | 表达了我的哀悼 |
[05:34] | But that time, they were empty words, | 但那时候 那些都是空话 |
[05:36] | as you and I both knew that he was alive. | 因为你我都知道他还活着 |
[05:40] | I am sorry for your loss. | 现在 请节哀顺变 |
[05:50] | To Washburn Tobacco | 敬瓦什本烟草 |
[05:52] | and Summit-Stow Distributors. | 和峰存经销 |
[05:55] | Congratulations, Kip. | 恭喜 基普 |
[05:57] | You’re about to be a wealthy man. | 你要变成富人了 |
[06:03] | Sorry to interrupt. | 抱歉打扰了 |
[06:05] | We’re looking for Aldo Ventura. | 我们要找奥尔多·文图拉 |
[06:07] | That would be me. | 我就是 |
[06:09] | Is there a problem, Officer? | 有事吗 警官 |
[06:11] | Detective, actually…Marcus Bell. | 其实是警探 马库斯·贝尔 |
[06:14] | And I wouldn’t sign those contracts if I were you. | 如果我是你就不会签那些合同 |
[06:16] | We’re pretty sure | 我们很确定 |
[06:17] | your discovery lawyer gave this merger his blessing | 你们的查证律师因为这次并购 |
[06:20] | with a gun to his head. | 脑袋上中了一枪 |
[06:25] | Summit-Stow Distributors is a tobacco wholesaler. | 峰存经销是家烟草批发商 |
[06:28] | Is that right, Mr. Lowell? | 对吗 罗威尔先生 |
[06:30] | So you buy cigarettes from the big companies | 你们从大公司买来香烟 |
[06:32] | and sell them to retailers. | 然后把它们卖给零售商 |
[06:33] | Only now you’re about to become | 只是现在你们即将成为 |
[06:34] | part of a big company. | 一家大公司的一部分 |
[06:36] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[06:39] | Are you all right, Mr. Lowell? | 你没事吧 罗威尔先生 |
[06:40] | Yeah. I’m sorry. | 没事 抱歉 |
[06:42] | I, uh… I took a couple of lorazepam | 我…我吃了两片安定 |
[06:45] | for the flight in from Ohio. | 为了去俄亥俄的航班 |
[06:47] | For antianxiety. | 为了抗焦虑 |
[06:48] | Also, I drank some champagne, so… | 我还喝了一点香槟 所以… |
[06:50] | Should you be signing contracts in your condition? | 你这种状态还能签合同吗 |
[06:52] | We’ve already read them. They’re very good for us. | 我们已经读过了 对我们很有利 |
[06:55] | Think what I just don’t get | 我只是不明白你们为什么 |
[06:56] | is why you think one of us killed Gilbert Pham. | 觉得我们中有人杀了吉尔伯特·范姆 |
[06:59] | So you knew Mr. Pham? | 所以你认识范姆先生 |
[07:01] | Yeah, we spoke. | 对 我们说过话 |
[07:02] | He worked at the accounting firm | 他就职的那家会计事务所 |
[07:04] | that Washburn hired to go over our financials. | 是瓦什本雇来检查我们的财务的 |
[07:06] | Mr. Pham logged into his firm’s network from home | 范姆先生被杀当晚在家里 |
[07:09] | the night he was killed. | 登录过公司的网站 |
[07:10] | He filed a report that gave this merger his sign-off. | 他提交了一份同意这次并购的报告 |
[07:13] | And since Pham was hired by Washburn | 由于范姆是瓦什本雇来 |
[07:15] | to vet the deal, it seems likely | 审查这场交易的 看起来 |
[07:17] | there was some bad news in your books | 可能是你们的账本里有些坏消息 |
[07:19] | that one of you was worried about. | 引起了你们其中一人的担心 |
[07:21] | So you forced Pham to give the okay, and then killed him. | 所以你们逼范姆同意 然后杀了他 |
[07:24] | You’re looking at the only four employees at Summit-Stow | 你们面前是峰存公司仅有的 |
[07:28] | with any financial stake in this merger. | 跟这次并购有利益关系的雇员 |
[07:31] | And we all flew in together this morning. | 我们是今早一起飞过来的 |
[07:32] | I can personally vouch | 我可以以个人的名义发誓 |
[07:34] | that we were all in Akron three nights ago. | 三天前的晚上我们都在阿克伦 |
[07:37] | We’re listening. | 我们在听 |
[07:38] | This is a murder investigation. | 这是一起谋杀案的调查 |
[07:40] | We don’t take alibis at people’s word. | 我们不会仅凭一面致辞就采信不在场证明 |
[07:44] | You seem unimpaired. | 你看起来没事 |
[07:46] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[07:47] | Name’s Tim Darsha. | 我叫提姆·达沙 |
[07:49] | Tim’s one of our sales managers. | 提姆是我们的一名销售经理 |
[07:52] | Lamar over there is the other. | 那边的拉马尔也是 |
[07:53] | And you’re the president of the company, | 而你是公司的董事长 |
[07:55] | so why did you look to him for permission to speak? | 你为什么要看他允许才能说话 |
[07:58] | I didn’t. | 我没有 |
[07:59] | He didn’t. | 他没有 |
[08:01] | Sorry. You were saying? Your alibi. | 抱歉 你说什么来着 不在场证明 |
[08:04] | We’d heard from Washburn that Pham | 我们从瓦什本听说范姆 |
[08:06] | had signed off and that our deal would be | 签署同意了 我们的交易 |
[08:08] | finalized soon, so we started celebrating early. | 很快会敲定 所以我们提前庆祝了 |
[08:10] | That night, we all, uh, | 那天晚上 我们都 |
[08:11] | met up at a hotel and… | 在酒店见面然后… |
[08:14] | hired some entertainment. | 叫了一些娱乐活动 |
[08:15] | You hired prostitutes. | 你们叫了妓女 |
[08:19] | All right, say that checks out, | 好吧 假设这些能够被证实 |
[08:21] | and none of you were here the night of the murder. | 案发当晚你们都不在这里 |
[08:23] | Still could have hired someone. | 你们还是可以雇人行凶 |
[08:25] | A hit man? | 杀手吗 |
[08:28] | Honestly, Detective, I wouldn’t know how. | 说实话 警探 我不知道要怎么操作 |
[08:35] | So, obviously, we’ll have to wait | 显然 我们要等 |
[08:36] | on a bunch of prostitutes in Akron | 阿克伦的一群妓女 |
[08:37] | to confirm his story, but I believe him. | 证实他的故事 但我相信他 |
[08:40] | Lorazepam and alcohol is not exactly a truth serum, | 安定和酒精不是吐真剂 |
[08:42] | but it would make sticking to a lie more difficult. | 但会让圆谎变得更困难 |
[08:45] | That was our forensic accounting team. | 是我们的法务会计团队 |
[08:47] | Gilbert Pham’s firm sent over his work. | 吉尔伯特·范姆的公司发来了他的文件 |
[08:49] | They’re going through it. | 他们正在检查 |
[08:50] | Take a closer look at that sales manager, Darsha. | 好好查查那个销售经理 达沙 |
[08:53] | He had something to hide. | 他隐瞒了一些事 |
[08:54] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪 |
[08:55] | More family business. | 还有家事 |
[09:01] | Hey. So, it turns out | 结果发现 |
[09:02] | “Tim Darsha” is a pretty common name. | 提姆·达沙是个很常见的名字 |
[09:05] | But it looks like the one that we met | 但我们遇到的那位 |
[09:06] | does not have a record. | 似乎没有什么记录 |
[09:08] | You know, if your mom catches you with these, | 如果你妈妈发现你有这些 |
[09:10] | she’s gonna make you smoke every single one. | 她会让你把它们全都抽光 |
[09:13] | Forensic accounting finished going over | 法务会计检查完了 |
[09:15] | Gilbert Pham’s work. | 吉尔伯特·范姆的文件 |
[09:16] | According to them, Summit-Stow’s financials | 据他们说 峰存公司的财务 |
[09:18] | were all in order. | 一切正常 |
[09:19] | Thing is, Pham went above and beyond | 关键是 范姆在准备报告时 |
[09:21] | when preparing his report. | 做了超额工作 |
[09:23] | Among other things, he also checked out | 除了其他方面 他还查了 |
[09:25] | Summit-Stow’s loading dock records. | 峰存公司的货运码头记录 |
[09:27] | Judging from his notes, he thought | 根据他的笔记 他认为 |
[09:29] | there was more inventory moving through the place | 那个地方的货运量 |
[09:31] | than the company’s cash flow accounted for. | 超出了公司的现金流量 |
[09:33] | Say the books showed Summit-Stow | 账本显示峰存公司 |
[09:35] | bought 10,000 cases and sold 10,000 cases. | 买了一万箱又卖了一万箱 |
[09:38] | All the money adds up except, according to the loading dock, | 钱数都能对上 但根据货运记录 |
[09:41] | they moved 15,000 cases in the same time. | 他们同时还运送了一万五千箱 |
[09:44] | So, where’d the other cigarettes go? | 那么剩下的香烟去哪了 |
[09:45] | Interstate cigarette smuggling is a big problem, right? | 州际香烟走私是个大问题 对吧 |
[09:48] | So you think Pham stumbled onto a smuggling operation. | 你觉得范姆无意发现了走私活动 |
[09:52] | Smugglers buy cigarettes in lower-tax states like Ohio | 走私贩在俄亥俄这种低税州买烟 |
[09:56] | and sell them in higher-tax places like here. | 然后卖到像这里一样的高税州 |
[09:58] | The difference is so big, they can clear | 税率差距太大了 一条烟 |
[10:00] | a hundred bucks a carton. | 他们能赚一百美元 |
[10:01] | Now, the Akron PD tracked down the girls | 阿克伦警方追踪到了那几个 |
[10:03] | the Summit-Stow guys said they partied with. | 和峰存公司的人一起开派对的女孩 |
[10:05] | They confirmed that Mr. Lowell and his team | 她们证实罗威尔先生和他的团队 |
[10:07] | were in Ohio the night Pham was killed. | 在范姆被杀当晚在俄亥俄 |
[10:09] | But if one of the guys was working with smugglers… | 但如果他们有人跟走私贩合作 |
[10:12] | Say that sales manager, Darsha… | 比如那个销售经理达沙 |
[10:14] | It could be the smugglers killed Pham | 可能是走私贩杀了范姆 |
[10:16] | so they wouldn’t expose their racket. | 这样他们的行径就不会暴露 |
[10:19] | So, what are these for? | 这些是要干什么 |
[10:21] | The sheriff’s office enforces cigarette taxes in the city, | 警长办公室负责城里的香烟税 |
[10:23] | so I reached out. | 所以我联系了他们 |
[10:25] | They said a lot of cigarettes from Ohio | 他们说有很多来自俄亥俄的香烟 |
[10:27] | are showing up in bodegas in Brooklyn, | 出现在布鲁克林的酒窖里 |
[10:29] | especially around Fort Greene. | 尤其是格林堡附近 |
[10:31] | I asked them to send over some samples. | 我让他们送来了一些样品 |
[10:33] | Any idea who the smugglers are? | 知道走私贩是谁了吗 |
[10:35] | So far, no luck nailing the local crew. | 目前还没有锁定本地的走私贩 |
[10:38] | But those tax stamps and lot numbers are all unique. | 但这些印花和批号是独一无二的 |
[10:41] | I wanted to check ’em out. | 我想查一下它们 |
[10:43] | They’re definitely coming out of the right part of Ohio | 它们肯定来自峰存公司有业务的 |
[10:45] | to have been distributed by Summit-Stow. | 俄亥俄州的某个地方 |
[10:49] | You know, my stepfather used to | 我小时候 我的继父曾经 |
[10:51] | smoke this brand when I was a kid. | 抽过这个牌子的烟 |
[10:52] | Do you mind if I borrow some of these? | 你介意我借走一些吗 |
[10:54] | I think I might know a way to find the smugglers. | 我想我可能有办法找到走私贩 |
[11:05] | Holmes. | 福尔摩斯 |
[11:07] | Nose. | 鼻子 |
[11:08] | Imagine my surprise when Miss Watson | 想象一下当华生小姐跟我解释 |
[11:11] | explained the particulars of your new case. | 你们的新案子的细节时我有多惊讶 |
[11:14] | I barely can. | 我难以想象 |
[11:17] | You saw my text about the cigarettes | 你看到我发短信说 |
[11:19] | that Marcus got from the sheriff’s? | 马库斯从警长办公室拿来的香烟了吗 |
[11:21] | I did. | 看到了 |
[11:22] | I don’t recall anything about summoning The Nose. | 我不记得你说你找了鼻子来 |
[11:25] | Well, I noticed there was something off | 我注意到香烟的味道 |
[11:27] | about the smell of the cigarettes, | 有些不一样 |
[11:28] | so I thought maybe it was a scent | 所以我认为那种味道 |
[11:30] | they picked up in the trucks they were smuggled in, | 可能是走私香烟的货车里的 |
[11:31] | or the place they were kept | 或者来自它们到了纽约之后的 |
[11:33] | when they arrived in New York. Either way, | 存储地 不管怎样 |
[11:35] | I thought it could help us locate the smugglers. | 我觉得这也许能帮我们找到走私贩 |
[11:37] | What? | 怎么了 |
[11:39] | Well, you could’ve asked me to smell them. | 你可以让我来闻它们 |
[11:42] | Well, you weren’t around. | 但你不在 |
[11:44] | What’s the big deal? | 有什么问题吗 |
[11:45] | I mean, aren’t you guys friends? | 你们不是朋友吗 |
[11:47] | Oh, we are. It’s just, uh, tobacco | 没错 只是 在烟草 |
[11:49] | is the one area of olfaction | 这个嗅觉领域 |
[11:50] | in which we’ve agreed to disagree. | 我们保留各自的观点 |
[11:52] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[11:53] | Some years ago, when Holmes wrote his monograph | 几年前 当福尔摩斯写他那篇 |
[11:55] | on the 140 varieties of ash, | 关于140种烟灰的著作时 |
[11:58] | I pointed out that his distinctions between | 我指出他对特里奇诺波利 |
[12:01] | Trichinopoly and Bird’s Eye were all wrong. | 和鸟眼的区分完全是错的 |
[12:04] | He’s never let it go. | 他一直没有释怀 |
[12:06] | Well, maybe if you’d told me | 如果你跟我说了 |
[12:08] | what you were up to the last couple of days, | 你过去几天都在干什么 |
[12:10] | I would’ve known I could count on you. | 也许我就知道我可以指望你了 |
[12:12] | You’ll recall I discovered a threat to my father’s life? | 你记得我发现了一次对我父亲生命的威胁吗 |
[12:15] | He believes that the person | 他相信这次威胁背后的人 |
[12:17] | behind that threat is a certain woman. | 是一个特定的女人 |
[12:20] | The woman, in fact. | 实际上 是那个女人 |
[12:23] | If you don’t mind, a little quiet, please? | 你们能安静一点吗 |
[12:25] | I’m trying to smell. | 我在努力闻东西呢 |
[12:31] | I don’t know if my father’s right. | 我不知道我父亲对不对 |
[12:32] | As you know, there have been multiple attempts | 你也知道 过去几年中 |
[12:34] | on his life over the years. | 好几次有人想杀他 |
[12:36] | It’s possible some other enemy | 有可能是其他敌人 |
[12:37] | financed this latest one. | 出钱策划了最近的一次 |
[12:38] | If your father is right | 如果你父亲说对了 |
[12:40] | about who’s coming after him, | 是谁在追杀他 |
[12:41] | are we safe? | 我们安全吗 |
[12:42] | If you’re asking whether I think Moriarty | 如果你是在问我是否觉得莫里亚蒂 |
[12:44] | is sizing us up for assassination, | 准备刺杀我们 |
[12:46] | I would remind you that her organization’s one rule | 我会提醒你 她组织里的一条规矩 |
[12:49] | is that no harm befalls me. | 就是不能伤害我 |
[12:50] | She prefers the world with me in it. | 她更喜欢有我的世界 |
[12:52] | You seem to enjoy some tangential protection | 你好像也捎带沾边地被保护了 |
[12:55] | due to our partnership. | 因为我们的搭档关系 |
[12:56] | That’s reassuring. | 真让人宽心 |
[12:58] | As I said, I am not convinced | 我说了 我并不相信 |
[13:00] | she has anything to do with this. | 她跟这件事有任何关系 |
[13:02] | What have you found out so far? | 目前你有什么发现 |
[13:03] | There was a MetroCard in Vanja Borozan’s personal effects | 万尼亚·博罗扎的随身物品中有张纽约交通卡 |
[13:05] | that ultimately led me to a garage that he had been renting. | 最终把我引到了他租用的一个车库 |
[13:08] | In it, I found notes on | 我在里面发现了一些笔记 |
[13:09] | the routines of Father’s bodyguards, | 有关父亲保镖的日程 |
[13:11] | along with schematics of his limousine. | 以及他轿车的电路图 |
[13:13] | Borozan was planning to kill him. | 博罗扎确实在计划杀他 |
[13:15] | I also found six one-pound bags of coffee beans. | 我还发现了六袋一磅的咖啡豆 |
[13:18] | Untouched, just left on the table, | 没开封 就丢在桌上 |
[13:20] | along with the receipt of their purchase. | 和买时的收据放在一起 |
[13:22] | I plan to visit the cafe where they were bought tomorrow. | 我打算明天去一趟出售它们的咖啡店 |
[13:24] | It’s possible that’s where Borozan | 有可能那里就是博罗扎 |
[13:25] | and his contact were communicating. | 和他联系人的联络点 |
[13:27] | If Moriarty is behind this, | 如果莫里亚蒂真是幕后主使 |
[13:30] | your father wants you to help him kill her. | 你父亲希望你帮他除掉她 |
[13:33] | Will you? | 你会吗 |
[13:36] | I’m ready to report my findings. | 我准备好报告我的发现了 |
[13:47] | Pine. | 松木 |
[13:48] | Star anise. Grapefruit. | 八角茴香 西柚 |
[13:50] | Okay. Uh, candles? | 蜡烛吗 |
[13:51] | Cleaning supplies? | 或是清洁用具 |
[13:53] | Hops. | 还有啤酒花 |
[13:54] | Specifically Chinook hops, | 更确切地说是奇努克啤酒花 |
[13:56] | grown in Oregon’s Willamette Valley. | 生长在俄勒冈州的威拉米特河谷 |
[13:59] | I’d wager these cigarettes were transported in trucks | 我敢打赌运输这些烟是装在 |
[14:01] | carrying hops from the Northwest. | 从西北部运送啤酒花的卡车里过来的 |
[14:05] | Marcus mentioned that the cigarettes | 马库斯提到这些烟 |
[14:06] | had been turning up in bodegas in Fort Greene. | 最近出现在格林堡的一些酒窖里 |
[14:13] | There is a craft brewery in that area. | 那里有一家工艺啤酒厂 |
[14:15] | Maybe that’s where the smugglers are bringing their shipments. | 或许走私贩就在那里交货的 |
[14:26] | They’re not just dropping stuff off a truck. | 他们不只是从卡车上卸货 |
[14:29] | They’re moving a lot of inventory into the brewery. | 他们是把大批存货都运到酒厂 |
[14:32] | Makes it more likely the owners of the brewery are in on it. | 很有可能酒厂主人也参与其中了 |
[14:35] | Looks to me like this might be the crew’s base of operations. | 我看这里可能是走私活动的基地 |
[14:38] | Copy that. I’ll brief my team. | 收到 我会通知小队 |
[14:53] | Your guys ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[14:55] | We might not get a better chance. | 这可是大好时机 |
[14:57] | Two minutes out. | 两分钟后出来 |
[14:59] | Major Case, Detective Bell on the air? | 这里是重案组 贝尔警探在吗 |
[15:02] | Detective Bell. Go. | 我是贝尔警探 请讲 |
[15:03] | Detective Bell, call your command. | 贝尔警探 请联系你的上级 |
[15:13] | Hello? | 你好 |
[15:14] | Yeah, it’s Marcus. | 我是马库斯 |
[15:15] | Hold off on the takedown. | 中止行动 |
[15:16] | I got someone in my office you’re gonna want to talk to. | 这里有个人 你会想跟他谈谈 |
[15:19] | Who? | 谁 |
[15:20] | He says you met him earlier today, | 他说你今天早些时候见过他 |
[15:23] | only then he said his name was “Darsha”. | 不过他当时自称叫”达沙” |
[15:25] | His real name’s Bakshi. | 他的真名叫巴克西 |
[15:26] | He’s an ATF Agent, | 他是烟酒火器管理局的一名探员 |
[15:28] | and apparently, you guys are about to blow up his op. | 很显然 你们快把他的任务搞砸了 |
[15:36] | I’ve been undercover at Summit-Stow | 我在峰存公司做卧底 |
[15:38] | almost three years now. | 已经快三年了 |
[15:40] | I take it from the furtive glances yesterday that, | 从昨天的眼神交流来看 |
[15:43] | at the very least, the company’s president, Kip Lowell, | 至少公司的总裁基普·罗威尔 |
[15:46] | knew about your presence. | 知道你的底细 |
[15:47] | He knows. The other sales rep who was there doesn’t. | 他知道 但其他的销售代表不知道 |
[15:51] | But the main reason I didn’t blow cover | 但我当时没透漏身份 |
[15:52] | is you surprised us. | 主要是因为你吓了我们一跳 |
[15:54] | Agent Evaneer and I | 埃文涅尔探员和我 |
[15:55] | didn’t have a chance to discuss. | 根本没来得及讨论 |
[15:56] | Agent Bakshi is based out of Columbus. | 巴克西探员驻扎在哥伦布 |
[15:58] | I’m here in New York. | 我在纽约 |
[16:00] | Those guys that you were about to move on yesterday… | 你们昨天想查的那些人 |
[16:02] | Small fish. | 只不过是小喽啰 |
[16:03] | Part of a huge ring | 从属于一个庞大的圈子 |
[16:04] | that moves product all over the East and the Midwest. | 他们的运输生意遍布东部和中西部 |
[16:07] | Pretty unconventional, isn’t it? | 很不寻常啊 是吧 |
[16:09] | ATF setting up shop inside an existing company? | 烟酒火器管理局在现有的公司里安插任务 |
[16:12] | New solution to an old problem. | 老问题 新办法 |
[16:14] | Running a sting operation isn’t easy. | 诱捕行动并不容易 |
[16:16] | Cigarette smugglers don’t want to buy from just anyone. | 烟草走私贩可不会随便找人进货 |
[16:18] | You gotta have a business that they’ve heard of. | 你得有个他们听说过的生意 |
[16:20] | You gotta have someone with a history. | 得有个有背景的人 |
[16:21] | So you borrowed a history. | 所以你就借用了一个背景 |
[16:22] | Summit-Stow’s. | 峰存公司 |
[16:23] | You buy cigarettes as them, | 你自称是他们的人来购买烟草 |
[16:25] | you send them on to smugglers in order to enact your stings. | 再卖给走私贩好实施诱捕 |
[16:28] | So when our vic, Gilbert Pham, | 所以当我们的受害人吉尔伯特·范姆 |
[16:30] | noticed there was extra inventory | 注意到有额外的货物 |
[16:32] | moving through the loading dock, | 在通过码头进行运送时 |
[16:33] | what he’d actually stumbled onto was your operation. | 他发现的其实是你们的行动 |
[16:37] | Which begs the question… | 这让我有个疑问 |
[16:38] | what did you expect to happen when, uh, | 你们希望会发生什么 |
[16:40] | Summit-Stow merged with a larger company? | 如果峰存公司和更大的企业合并的话 |
[16:42] | We expected that Washburn Tobacco | 我们希望瓦什本烟草 |
[16:44] | would never even notice us. | 根本就注意不到我们 |
[16:46] | Though, to be clear, | 但我得说清楚 |
[16:47] | there was nothing that we were trying to hide. | 我们没想隐瞒什么 |
[16:50] | I mean, not from the good guys, anyway. | 我的意思是 至少没想对好人隐瞒 |
[16:51] | Maybe not. | 也许没有吧 |
[16:52] | But Big Tobacco and the ATF aren’t exactly pals. | 但大烟草公司和烟酒火器管理局可不算伙伴 |
[16:55] | Did it occur to you that if Washburn found out | 你有没有想过如果瓦什本烟草发现 |
[16:58] | you were working inside their new acquisition, | 你们在他们最近收购的企业里安插了人 |
[17:01] | they could just tell you to ship out? | 他们可以直接让你们滚蛋 |
[17:03] | Undo three years of undercover work? | 让三年的卧底工作付之东流 |
[17:06] | It occurred to us. | 我们想到了 |
[17:07] | And if Washburn had asked us to pack it up, | 如果瓦什本让我们收拾东西走人 |
[17:09] | we would have made whatever arrests we could | 我们会尽可能地进行抓捕 |
[17:11] | and taken the case down. | 然后撤了这个案子 |
[17:13] | We don’t get paid on performance, Captain. | 我们不是按表现来拿薪水的 警监 |
[17:15] | And we certainly wouldn’t have killed someone | 而且我们绝不会为了保护一次诱捕行动 |
[17:17] | – to protect a sting operation. – What about Mr. Lowell? | -而杀人 -那罗威尔先生呢 |
[17:22] | He had a lot to gain from the merger, didn’t he? | 他从合并中收获不少 不是吗 |
[17:24] | Perhaps he thought your operation | 也许他认为你们的行动 |
[17:25] | was a secret worth killing over. | 是个值得为之杀人的秘密 |
[17:27] | I don’t see it, but you can ask him. | 我不这么想 但你可以问问他 |
[17:30] | We will. Our colleagues are | 我们会的 我们的同事 |
[17:32] | on their way to speak to him right now. | 此刻正在去找他谈话的路上 |
[17:34] | Believe me, I wanted to tell you | 相信我 我昨天就想 |
[17:36] | all of this yesterday, but I-I just | 把一切都告诉你们 我只是 |
[17:38] | didn’t think it had anything to do | 当时不觉得这些事和范姆先生 |
[17:40] | with Mr. Pham’s murder. I still don’t. | 被杀有什么关系 我现在仍不觉得 |
[17:41] | And Agent Bakshi didn’t want to blow his cover. | 而且巴克西探员不想暴露他的卧底身份 |
[17:45] | Later on, he and Agent Evaneer | 后来 他和埃文涅尔探员 |
[17:49] | said that they were gonna tell you the truth. | 说他们会告诉你们真相 |
[17:50] | I asked Maggie, my office manager, | 我让我的办公室主管玛姬 |
[17:52] | to fly out here and show you what we showed Pham. | 飞回来了 给你们看我们给范姆看的东西 |
[17:55] | All of the accounting files | 全部的会计文件 |
[17:57] | and the security videos from the loading dock. | 和装卸码头的监控录像 |
[17:59] | Why the videos? | 为什么要看录像 |
[18:00] | Because they clear everything up. | 因为他们把一切都清理干净了 |
[18:01] | They show how Agent Bakshi | 视频显示了 |
[18:04] | only sold his cigarettes to smugglers, | 在我们处理合法的生意时 |
[18:06] | while our guys handled legitimate business. | 巴克西探员是如何把香烟卖给走私贩的 |
[18:08] | – Should I start with that? – Yeah. | -从这里开始可以吗 -可以 |
[18:11] | English bulldogs. | 英国斗牛犬 |
[18:12] | My babies. I know calling them that | 我的宝贝们 我知道这么叫它们 |
[18:14] | – makes me weird. – Well, my partner | -会显得我很古怪 -我的搭档 |
[18:16] | puts wool cozies on our tortoise. | 会把毛衣盖在我们养的乌龟身上 |
[18:18] | You’re not even approaching weird. | 你离古怪还差得远呢 |
[18:21] | So Pham asked you about the extra inventory? | 所以范姆问过你那些额外的库存 |
[18:24] | Yeah, he flew out. | 是的 他提到过 |
[18:25] | We explained the whole thing. | 我们解释了整件事 |
[18:26] | We thought it was resolved. | 我们以为已经解决了 |
[18:28] | Are you saying that you told Pham | 你是说你告诉了范姆 |
[18:30] | about the ATF? | 烟酒火器管理局的事 |
[18:31] | Don’t you think that was risky? | 你不觉得这很冒险吗 |
[18:32] | When Washburn Tobacco found out about it, | 如果瓦什本烟草发现了 |
[18:34] | it could have blown the whole merger. | 有可能会毁了整个合并 |
[18:35] | Yeah, I worried about that, | 是的 我也担心过这个 |
[18:36] | but once Pham started asking questions, | 可范姆一开始问问题 |
[18:38] | I didn’t think I had a choice. | 我就不觉得自己还有选择的余地了 |
[18:39] | The alternative was Washburn would think we were crooks. | 另一种情况就是瓦什本会认为我们是骗子 |
[18:42] | That wouldn’t have helped the sale, either. | 那样他们也不会帮助销售了 |
[18:43] | What did the ATF say once they found out | 烟酒火器管理局发现 |
[18:45] | that Pham knew about them? | 范姆知情后是什么反应 |
[18:48] | You didn’t tell them. | 你没告诉他们 |
[18:50] | Maybe I should have. I don’t know. | 也许我该告诉他们 我不知道 |
[18:52] | Truth is that those guys have always scared me. | 说实话 这些人总是让我很害怕 |
[18:54] | So, you didn’t just volunteer | 所以你不是自愿 |
[18:55] | to let them set up at Summit-Stow. | 让他们在峰存公司行动的 |
[18:57] | They had something on you. | 他们有你的把柄 |
[19:01] | A few years back, Bakshi and Evaneer showed up with proof | 几年前 巴克西和埃文涅尔带着 |
[19:04] | that smugglers were already buying from us | 走私贩从我们这里买货的证据出现 |
[19:06] | and we were looking the other way. | 当时我们正在另寻出路 |
[19:09] | Told me that they’d raise hell unless we’d cooperate. | 他们说如果不合作 他们就把事情闹大 |
[19:11] | Check this out. | 看看这个 |
[19:15] | Bakshi just finished a sale. | 巴克西刚完成了一次买卖 |
[19:17] | Few minutes later, this guy drove up. | 几分钟后 这个家伙开车进来了 |
[19:21] | Yeah, that’s Agent Evaneer. | 没错 那是埃文涅尔探员 |
[19:23] | Was he working undercover, too? | 他也是卧底吗 |
[19:24] | No. Just Agent Bakshi. | 不 只有巴克西探员是 |
[19:26] | Nice rides. | 车不错 |
[19:28] | Nice? | 不错 |
[19:29] | That’s a BMW M7, | 这是宝马M7 |
[19:31] | and that’s a Porsche 911 Turbo. | 那是保时捷911涡轮系列 |
[19:33] | Those are $150,000 cars. | 这些都是十五万美元的车 |
[19:35] | Maybe you could write off Bakshi’s car | 也许你可以为巴克西的车开脱 |
[19:37] | to him wanting to look the part he’s playing, | 说是为了让他看起来更像自己扮演的角色 |
[19:39] | but what’s Evaneer’s excuse? | 可埃文涅尔又有什么理由 |
[19:40] | The cash they take in is kept separate | 他们从峰存公司拿的现金 |
[19:42] | from Summit-Stow, right? | 是分开存放的 对吗 |
[19:44] | Any idea where it all goes? | 你知道那些钱都去哪儿了吗 |
[19:46] | They… turn it over to the government. | 他们 上交给政府了 |
[19:50] | Don’t they? | 不是吗 |
[20:13] | What can I get you? | 来点什么 |
[20:16] | You the owner? | 你是店主吗 |
[20:17] | If I was, I’d have health insurance. | 如果我是 我就有健康保险了 |
[20:20] | He’s on vacation. | 他去度假了 |
[20:22] | Do you know where that picture came from? | 你知道那幅画是从哪儿来的吗 |
[20:26] | Some of these are for sale. | 有一些是用来卖的 |
[20:27] | I can let the owner know if you’re interested. | 如果你感兴趣的话我可以告诉店主 |
[20:37] | I’d like to get a message to her. | 我想留一条信息给她 |
[20:38] | Tell her I want to talk. | 告诉她我想谈谈 |
[20:56] | I didn’t hear you come in. | 我没听到你进来的声音 |
[20:58] | These are the videos you got from Summit-Stow, correct? | 这些是你从峰存公司拿来的录像 对吗 |
[21:01] | Can see what you and Marcus saw. | 能看到你和马库斯看到的 |
[21:03] | Aside from their fancy cars, | 除了他们的豪车之外 |
[21:05] | Agent Bakshi’s shoes are Prada. | 巴克西探员的鞋子是普拉达的 |
[21:07] | Agent Evaneer’s watch is a Patek Philippe. | 埃文涅尔探员的表是百达翡丽的 |
[21:10] | It alone is worth more than | 单是这表 |
[21:11] | their annual salaries combined. | 就比他们的年薪加起来还贵 |
[21:14] | Might be the most conspicuous “conspicuous consumption” | 这也许是我见过最典型的 |
[21:17] | I’ve ever seen. | 夸耀性消费了 |
[21:19] | I did some rough math. | 我粗略估计了下 |
[21:21] | Based on the volume of cigarettes they’ve sold | 根据它们卖的香烟数量 |
[21:23] | and the fact that they’ve been up and running | 以及过去三年里 |
[21:25] | for the last three years, | 他们一直在从事的活动 |
[21:26] | I’d say they’ve probably made about $30 million. | 我觉得他们可能进账了三千万 |
[21:28] | Have you been able to determine where any of it went? | 你知道钱去哪了吗 |
[21:30] | I can tell you where it isn’t, in the hands of the government. | 我知道它们没在哪 政府手里 |
[21:33] | The captain reached out to the ATF in Washington. | 警监联系了华盛顿的烟酒火器管理局 |
[21:35] | Apparently, they told Bakshi and Evaneer | 很明显 他们告诉了巴克西和埃文涅尔 |
[21:37] | that they could keep the money | 他们可以留着这笔钱 |
[21:38] | until the whole operation was wrapped, | 直到整个行动结束 |
[21:40] | and then voucher it all at one time. | 然后一次性全部上缴 |
[21:43] | If I’m right, that’s tens of millions | 如果我是对的 那就是好几千万 |
[21:45] | completely unsupervised. | 完全不受监管的钱 |
[21:46] | Not on Summit-Stow’s books or the government’s. | 不在峰存的账上也不在政府的账上 |
[21:49] | And unlike every other time in human history | 不同于人类历史上发生过的 |
[21:52] | when someone was entrusted | 有人不加监督地 |
[21:53] | with another person’s money without oversight, | 把个人的钱交付给另外一人的情况 |
[21:55] | the ATF assumed that these two | 烟酒火器管理局认为那两人 |
[21:57] | would not skim off the top to enrich themselves. | 不会瞒着他们中饱私囊 |
[21:59] | Not at all idiotic. | 一点也不白痴 |
[22:01] | Now, if Gilbert Pham kept asking questions | 如果吉尔伯特·范姆不停地问 |
[22:04] | about the cigarette sales | 不在峰存利润报表上的 |
[22:05] | that were not on Summit-Stow’s profit statements, | 香烟销售数据 |
[22:07] | there’s a chance he would’ve exposed what they were doing. | 他就有可能暴露他们的行径 |
[22:09] | Giving these two large-living Agents motive to kill him. | 给了这两个行头阔绰的探员杀他的动机 |
[22:13] | Police are looking for them right now. | 现在警方正在找他们 |
[22:14] | The ATF has not heard from them since this morning. | 烟酒火器管理局今早起就没有他们的消息了 |
[22:16] | Evaneer hasn’t been home, | 埃文涅尔一直没有回家 |
[22:18] | and Bakshi checked out of his hotel. | 而巴克西在酒店退了房 |
[22:20] | Marcus is gonna tell us if there’s any news. | 马库斯有消息会告诉我们的 |
[22:22] | What about you? | 你呢 |
[22:24] | Did you find anything at that cafe you went to? | 你去那个咖啡馆有什么发现吗 |
[22:27] | A painting. | 一幅画 |
[22:28] | One of hers. | 她的画作 |
[22:31] | That can’t be a coincidence. | 这不可能是巧合 |
[22:32] | It isn’t. | 不是 |
[22:34] | And it makes it a virtual certainty | 也就证实了 |
[22:35] | that my father is right. | 我父亲是对的 |
[22:38] | She’s trying to kill him. | 她想杀了他 |
[22:41] | So, Moriarty is somehow connected to that cafe, | 这么说 莫里亚蒂和那家咖啡馆有关系 |
[22:43] | and Borozan bought beans there that he never used. | 而博罗扎在那买过咖啡豆却从未用过 |
[22:46] | It supports my suspicion that the cafe is a conduit | 这证实了我的猜想 那间咖啡馆 |
[22:49] | through which they exchange messages. | 是他们交换信息的通道 |
[22:51] | Buying the coffee beans is merely a cover. | 买咖啡豆只是掩饰 |
[22:52] | And since Borozan was hired to kill your father, | 既然博罗扎受雇杀害你父亲 |
[22:55] | Moriarty has to be the one who hired him. | 那肯定是莫里亚蒂雇的他 |
[22:57] | It’s short of proof positive, I know, | 我知道这缺乏证据 |
[22:59] | but I’m quite convinced. | 但我确信就是如此 |
[23:00] | While I was at the cafe, | 我在咖啡馆时 |
[23:02] | I left a message of my own. | 留了一条私人口息 |
[23:03] | I’m not sure if she’ll respond. | 我不确定她会不会作出回应 |
[23:04] | Or how. She hasn’t written to me | 或是怎么做出回应 她将近一年没有 |
[23:06] | in close to a year. | 写信给我了 |
[23:07] | But I know several news and social media sites that | 但我知道几个她可能会用来联系我的 |
[23:10] | she might use to contact me, so I’ll just remain vigilant. | 新闻或社交媒体网址 所以我会留意 |
[23:14] | Say that works, she contacts you. | 就算她真会联系你 |
[23:17] | You never answered my question from last night. | 你一直没回答我昨晚的问题 |
[23:19] | What’ll you do? | 你会怎么做 |
[23:22] | Your father asked you to arrange | 你父亲要你安排 |
[23:23] | the murder of the woman that you love. | 杀害你爱的女人 |
[23:25] | Is that something that you can do? | 你会那么做吗 |
[23:26] | Don’t know. | 不知道 |
[23:29] | A while ago, I would have laughed in his face, but… | 要是以前 我会当面嘲笑他 但是… |
[23:33] | It is vexing. | 真让人心烦 |
[23:36] | What if you do nothing? | 如果你什么都不做呢 |
[23:38] | Just let them do what they do. | 就让他们各行其事 |
[23:40] | What do you think will happen? | 你觉得会怎么样 |
[23:42] | I honestly have no idea. | 我真的不知道 |
[23:45] | But I do know that, given the resources | 但我知道的是 考虑到 |
[23:47] | that each of them has at their disposal, | 他们双方都有可以随意支配的资源 |
[23:49] | collateral loss of life could be immense. | 可能会有巨大的生命连带伤害 |
[23:52] | I don’t think standing idly by and doing nothing is an option. | 我觉得不能袖手旁观 |
[23:59] | Hey, Marcus. | 马库斯 |
[24:07] | It was over before we got here. | 我们赶到之前就已经结束了 |
[24:10] | Driver of that truck was asleep in his cab. | 那辆卡车的司机在驾驶室里睡觉 |
[24:13] | Heard two men yelling, followed by gunfire. | 听到两个男人在大喊 然后就有了枪声 |
[24:15] | He’s the one who called it in. | 是他报的警 |
[24:18] | Looks like Bakshi died pretty quick. | 看上去巴克西很快就死了 |
[24:23] | Evaneer took one in the gut, one in the leg. | 埃文涅尔腹部腿部各中一枪 |
[24:26] | From the looks of it, | 从现场来看 |
[24:28] | managed to drag himself back to his car, | 他挣扎着回到了自己车中 |
[24:31] | but he must have lost consciousness | 但他肯定在能够离开之前 |
[24:32] | before he could go anywhere. | 就失去了意识 |
[24:37] | And we’re sure they did this to each other? | 确认是他们自相残杀吗 |
[24:39] | Witness didn’t look till he was sure the shooting was done, | 目击证人在确定枪战结束后才敢看 |
[24:41] | but he said they were the only ones here. | 不过他说当时只有这两人在场 |
[24:43] | Did he hear what they were arguing about? | 他听见他们在争执什么了吗 |
[24:45] | He said he heard one of them yell | 他说他听见其中一人大喊 |
[24:47] | “it wasn’t me” a bunch of times. | “不是我” 喊了好几遍 |
[24:49] | He couldn’t tell what “it” referred to, | 他不知道指的是什么 |
[24:51] | but… I have a pretty good idea. | 但是 我有个很好的想法 |
[24:55] | We found this phone on the ground. | 我们在地上发现了这部手机 |
[24:57] | Bakshi’s was on him, so this must be Evaneer’s. | 巴克西的在身上 所以这肯定是埃文涅尔的 |
[25:00] | We haven’t cracked the password yet, but… | 我们还没破解密码 但是… |
[25:02] | look at the last notification. | 看看最后一条通知 |
[25:04] | A bank transfer of $26 million | 几小时前 有两千六百万美元 |
[25:07] | out of an account a few hours ago. | 汇到了别的账户上 |
[25:09] | Looks like we found their slush fund, | 看起来我们发现了他们的非法基金 |
[25:10] | or at least where their money was. | 至少是没被偷走之前的钱 |
[25:12] | So, judging by the location, | 从这个地理位置来看 |
[25:14] | the two of them were lying low. | 他俩本来在低调行事 |
[25:16] | Except Evaneer gets this message from the bank, | 直到埃文涅尔收到银行发来的这条信息 |
[25:18] | sees all their money’s gone. | 发现他们的钱都没了 |
[25:20] | They meet up, the accusations fly, | 他们碰了面 互相指责 |
[25:22] | they’re both armed, so this happens. | 并且两人都带了枪 于是就发生了这些 |
[25:24] | That leaves us with two possibilities. | 现在有两个可能性 |
[25:26] | Either one of these men died lying to the other one… | 要么其中一人因欺骗对方而送命 |
[25:30] | or someone else stole all their money. | 要么另有其人偷了他们的钱 |
[25:36] | Ballistics confirmed the slugs | 弹道测试证实了 |
[25:37] | the M.E. pulled out of Bakshi and Evaneer | 法医从巴克西和埃文涅尔身上 |
[25:40] | came from each other’s weapons. | 取出的子弹来自对方的枪 |
[25:42] | So the two of them build up an unsupervised | 所以他们两个建立了一个不受监管的 |
[25:45] | $26 million slush fund, | 两千六百万的非法基金 |
[25:46] | then they kill each other over it | 然后为了这笔钱互相残杀 |
[25:48] | because each one thinks the other one stole it. | 因为他们都以为对方偷了这钱 |
[25:52] | Looks that way. | 看上去是这样 |
[25:53] | But you guys think they were wrong? | 但你们认为并非如此 |
[25:55] | Maybe. | 有可能 |
[25:56] | We had the account info off Evaneer’s phone, | 我们从埃文涅尔的手机上查到了账户信息 |
[25:58] | so I got a court order for the bank records. | 所以我申请了法院指令查看银行记录 |
[26:00] | The 26 million was transferred | 这两千六百万是 |
[26:02] | out of the account yesterday afternoon | 昨天下午从这个账户转出的 |
[26:04] | and into an account in the Caymans. | 之后汇入了一个在开曼的账户 |
[26:06] | Whoever did it used one of the free | 无论是谁干的 这人用了 |
[26:07] | Wi-Fi kiosks in Midtown. | 市中心报刊亭的免费无线网 |
[26:09] | We also pulled | 我们也调出了 |
[26:10] | Bakshi and Evaneer’s cell tower logs. | 巴克西和埃文涅尔手机信号记录 |
[26:12] | At the time the transfer was made, | 汇款发生时 |
[26:14] | neither one was anywhere near that kiosk. | 两人都不在那个报刊亭附近 |
[26:16] | Which means someone else did steal that money from both of them. | 这意味着的确另有其人偷了他们的钱 |
[26:19] | That’s one possibility. | 这是一种可能性 |
[26:20] | Another is that one of them had a helper. | 还有可能他们其中一人找了帮手 |
[26:23] | At the very least, it proves a third party | 至少 这证明了确实有第三者 |
[26:24] | was aware of the slush fund. | 知道这笔非法基金 |
[26:26] | And we’re still thinking Gilbert Pham was killed to cover up | 我们依然认为吉尔伯特·范姆的死是为了 |
[26:28] | what was going on with that slush fund. | 掩盖那基金的真相 |
[26:30] | Yeah. Bakshi had already alibied, | 是的 巴克西已经证实不在场了 |
[26:32] | and we checked… Evaneer was at his office | 我们也查了 埃文涅尔那晚 |
[26:34] | late the night of the murder. | 确实在自己的办公室 |
[26:35] | Makes this third party our best suspect. | 使得这个第三方成了最有嫌疑的人 |
[26:38] | I’ve got detectives checking | 我派人去检查 |
[26:39] | the cameras around the Wi-Fi kiosk | 他们连上无线网的报刊亭 |
[26:41] | they logged in from, but they could have been | 附近的监控视频了 但他们有可能 |
[26:43] | in the back seat of a passing cab, for all we know. | 只是坐在车后座经过那里 |
[26:46] | – So you’re not holding your breath. – Sherlock and Joan | -所以你并不抱有希望 -夏洛克和乔恩 |
[26:49] | have been going over the rest of the slush fund’s records. | 一直在查看非法基金剩余的记录 |
[26:51] | We’re hoping something in there | 希望能发现 |
[26:52] | might tell us who else knew about the account. | 还有谁知道这个账户 |
[26:55] | More transfers to the Caymans. | 更多转入开曼岛账户的汇款 |
[26:57] | These all go into the same account as the 26 million? | 这些和两千六百万转入的是同一个账户吗 |
[27:00] | They started off small about eight months ago. | 八个月前 从小金额的汇款开始 |
[27:02] | The first was for a modest $5,000. | 最初一笔只有五千美元 |
[27:04] | Then, over time, transfers got larger. | 然后慢慢的 数额越来越大 |
[27:06] | Prior to the emptying of the account yesterday, | 就在昨天清空账户之前 |
[27:08] | they added up to just over three million. | 累积到三百万多一些了 |
[27:10] | Sounds like someone was testing the waters. | 听起来有人在试水 |
[27:12] | Siphoned off a little bit, then got bolder | 从小额开始 发现没人注意后 |
[27:14] | when no one noticed. | 胆子越来越大 |
[27:15] | We thought the same thing. | 我们也是这么认为的 |
[27:17] | And this was going on for months | 而且这事在吉尔伯特·范姆开始调查前 |
[27:18] | before Gilbert Pham started poking around. | 已经持续好几个月了 |
[27:21] | So, if he discovered the slush fund, | 所以 如果他发现了这笔非法基金 |
[27:23] | he would have also discovered the theft. | 他很可能也发现了是谁在偷钱 |
[27:25] | So, who owns the account in the Caymans? | 那么 开曼岛的账户是谁的 |
[27:28] | So far, the bank has opted to protect its client’s privacy. | 目前银行选择保护他们客户的信息 |
[27:31] | I’ve reached out to a friend in George Town | 我联系了一个在乔治敦的朋友 |
[27:33] | who might be able to persuade them otherwise, | 他有可能说服银行给我们信息 |
[27:34] | but, um, even if he does, | 但是 即使他成功了 |
[27:37] | the owner may be hidden behind an alias | 账户所有人也可能用了假名字 |
[27:38] | or a shell company. | 或是藏在空壳公司背后 |
[27:39] | We’ll just have to wait and see. | 我们只能拭目以待 |
[27:41] | Right. That explains this color. | 好的 这解释了这些黄色 |
[27:44] | Um, what about this other one? | 这个又是怎么回事 |
[27:46] | Yeah, those are weirder. | 是的 这些汇款更奇怪 |
[27:48] | They go back farther, starting about a year | 时间更久远 大约从巴克西 |
[27:50] | after Bakshi and Evaneer got up and running. | 和埃文涅尔开始行动一年后 |
[27:52] | Over a dozen transfers out of the slush fund, | 从非法基金中转出了几十笔钱 |
[27:54] | ranging from around ten grand to 50 grand, | 金额从一万到五万不等 |
[27:57] | going to a handful of bank accounts in cities all over the country. | 汇给了全国好几个城市的账户 |
[28:00] | Baltimore, Louisville, Tampa, Phoenix. | 巴尔的摩 路易斯维尔 坦帕和凤凰城 |
[28:03] | So far, we don’t know what those transfers are | 目前我们还不知道这些汇款的用处 |
[28:05] | or why those cities. | 或为什么选择这些城市 |
[28:07] | I think I can explain the cities. | 我想我可以解释为什么是这些城市 |
[28:09] | Over the years, I’ve done a lot of | 这些年 我和联调局的探员 |
[28:10] | joint investigations with the Feds. | 合作调查了一些案子 |
[28:13] | Every one of those cities has an ATF field office. | 这些城市都有烟酒火器管理局外勤办公室 |
[28:17] | You think other ATF Agents knew about the slush fund? | 你认为其他烟酒火器管理局的探员知道这笔钱 |
[28:20] | Maybe Bakshi and Evaneer were getting ripped off by one of their own. | 也许巴克西和埃文涅尔是被自己人骗了 |
[28:26] | When examining Agents Bakshi and Evaneer’s slush fund, | 在查看巴克西和埃文涅尔探员的非法基金时 |
[28:29] | we noticed a series of transfers going to cities | 我们发现了一系列转账进入了 |
[28:32] | with ATF field offices. | 有烟酒火器管理局办公室的城市 |
[28:34] | We compared those transfers | 我们将这些转账 |
[28:36] | to the two Agents’ phone records. | 跟两位探员的电话记录进行了比对 |
[28:38] | Each one was preceded by a call | 每笔发生之前 都接到过 |
[28:40] | from your cell phone. | 你打来的电话 |
[28:42] | So? | 所以呢 |
[28:44] | I’ve shown you a lot of patience, Captain. | 我已经给了你很大的耐心 警监 |
[28:46] | Sitting here, having this talk in an interrogation room. | 坐在这个审讯室里谈话 |
[28:49] | You said this is about what happened to Bakshi and Evaneer. | 你说这是关于巴克西和埃文涅尔的事 |
[28:51] | What happened is they shot each other. | 事实是他们互相开枪打了对方 |
[28:54] | As far as we know, that’s true, but mainly, | 据我们目前所知是这样 但我们 |
[28:57] | we’re interested in the murder of Gilbert Pham. | 主要感兴趣的是吉尔伯特·范姆的被杀案 |
[29:00] | Who? | 谁 |
[29:01] | Pham was a discovery lawyer | 范姆是瓦什本烟草 |
[29:03] | hired by Washburn Tobacco | 雇佣的查证律师 |
[29:04] | to vet the purchase of Summit-Stow. | 来审查收购峰存公司一事 |
[29:06] | We think he was murdered | 我们认为他之所以被杀 |
[29:07] | to keep him from digging too deeply | 是为了防止他挖太深 |
[29:09] | into Evaneer and Bakshi’s slush fund. | 挖到巴克西和埃文涅尔的非法基金 |
[29:12] | We honestly don’t know | 我们真的不知道 |
[29:13] | why you were wiring money all over the country, | 你为什么要全国到处转钱 |
[29:15] | but whatever the reason, the timing | 但不管是什么原因 那些电话 |
[29:18] | of those phone calls tells us you knew about the fund. | 拨打的时间告诉我们你知道基金的事 |
[29:21] | And since we already ruled out Bakshi and Evaneer | 而既然我们排除了巴克西和埃文涅尔 |
[29:24] | for Pham’s murder, that leaves you. | 谋杀范姆的可能性 那就剩你了 |
[29:28] | You people have it so wrong, I don’t know where to start. | 你们大错特错 我都不知道从哪开始了 |
[29:31] | Do tell. | 请说 |
[29:32] | I wouldn’t have killed anyone to hide anything. | 我不会去杀死任何人掩藏什么 |
[29:35] | You know what those transfers were? | 你知道那些转账是做什么的吗 |
[29:37] | Us doing good. | 是我们在做好事 |
[29:38] | We used the money to fund other ATF ops. | 我们用那些钱资助烟酒火器管理局的其他行动 |
[29:43] | How would you feel if every step you took here, | 如果你在这里要进行的每一步动作 |
[29:47] | you had to run it through the DMV? | 都要经过车管局 你会是什么感觉 |
[29:50] | The number of targets we lost | 我们等待国会拨款时 |
[29:52] | waiting for Congressional funding… | 跟丢的目标数量… |
[29:54] | I lost count. | 我已经数不清了 |
[29:55] | Bakshi and Evaneer were sitting on all that cash. | 巴克西和埃文涅尔有那么一大笔现金 |
[29:58] | I suggested we use it to cut some red tape. | 我建议用来避开一些繁文缛节 |
[30:01] | So this was your idea. | 所以这是你的主意 |
[30:02] | – Damn right. – Ho-Ho-Hold up. | -没错 -等等 等下 |
[30:05] | You were using off-the-books money | 你用一笔进行中的行动里 |
[30:07] | from an ongoing operation to pay for… | 搞来的黑钱去… |
[30:10] | what exactly? | 资助什么来着 |
[30:11] | Whatever our Agents needed to catch the bad guys. | 资助我们的探员要抓住坏人所需的一切 |
[30:14] | They’d call me, | 他们通知我 |
[30:16] | I’d call the guys, and we’d make it happen. | 我通知他俩 然后就水到渠成了 |
[30:18] | Untraceable license plates, hotel rooms, vehicles. | 无法追踪的车牌 宾馆 车辆 |
[30:21] | Prada shoes, six-figure watches. | 普拉达鞋子 六位数的手表 |
[30:27] | If those two were sticking their hands | 如果这俩人把手伸进了 |
[30:28] | in the till, that’s on them. | 备用金里 那是他们的问题 |
[30:30] | So… humor us. | 那么 配合我们一下 |
[30:32] | Where were you five nights ago | 你五天前夜里 |
[30:33] | – when Pham was killed? – Friday? | -范姆被杀时在哪 -周五吗 |
[30:36] | I was in Vegas | 我在维加斯 |
[30:37] | at a friend’s bachelor party. | 参加一个朋友的单身派对 |
[30:39] | I hear they have a lot of cameras there, | 我听说他们那里有很多摄像头 |
[30:40] | so I’m sure you can confirm it. | 所以我可以肯定你们能确认 |
[30:42] | We’re gonna need your travel records | 我们需要你的旅行记录 |
[30:44] | and the names of the friends you were with. | 还有和你在一起的朋友的名字 |
[30:49] | Did any of the Agents you were funding | 你资助的那些探员里 |
[30:51] | – know the details of the account? – No. | -有谁知道账户的细节吗 -没有 |
[30:54] | Can you think of anyone else who knew about the slush fund? | 你能想到有其他人知道那笔非法基金吗 |
[30:58] | They had a helper. | 他们有个帮手 |
[31:00] | Someone who managed the account with them. | 一个帮他们管理账户的人 |
[31:01] | Did this helper have a name? | 这个帮手有名字吗 |
[31:04] | I heard them use a nickname sometimes. | 我听他们有时候会说昵称 |
[31:06] | “Bulldog will handle it,” stuff like that. | “斗牛犬会处理的” 之类的话 |
[31:11] | Would you excuse us? | 稍等我们一下 |
[31:17] | Do you remember Kip Lowell’s office manager | 你还记得昨天在宾馆的 |
[31:19] | from the hotel yesterday? | 基普·罗威尔的办公室主管吗 |
[31:20] | Sure. Maggie Foltz, right? | 记得 玛姬·福尔茨 对吗 |
[31:21] | Yeah. And remember her laptop? | 对 还记得她的笔记本电脑吗 |
[31:23] | Her wallpaper had a picture of her and her bulldogs. | 她的桌面背景是她和她斗牛犬的照片 |
[31:25] | I think she’s Bulldog. | 我想她就是斗牛犬 |
[31:28] | Makes sense. | 有道理 |
[31:29] | She knew about the undercover operation. | 她知道卧底行动 |
[31:31] | Since she handled Summit-Stow’s accounting, | 因为是她处理的峰存公司的会计事务 |
[31:33] | the ATF guys might have | 烟酒火器管理局的家伙也许 |
[31:35] | asked her for help with theirs, too. | 也请她帮忙打理相关事务了 |
[31:36] | You’re thinking she’s the one who embezzled | 你们觉得是她盗走了 |
[31:38] | from the slush fund, then she murdered Gilbert Pham | 非法基金 然后杀死了吉尔伯特·范姆 |
[31:41] | for asking too many questions? | 因为他问了太多问题 |
[31:42] | I’m pretty sure she and Lowell | 我可以肯定她和罗威尔 |
[31:44] | flew back to Ohio yesterday. | 昨天飞回俄亥俄州了 |
[31:45] | I’ll call the Akron Police, let them know | 我去通知阿克伦警局 告诉他们 |
[31:47] | we want to talk to her. | 我们想和她谈谈 |
[32:00] | I’d say we should keep the line clear, but it isn’t 1970. | 我本想说不要占用线路 但这不是70年代了 |
[32:03] | – Any word? – Not yet. | -有什么消息吗 -还没有 |
[32:05] | I’m not sure what sort of contact to expect. | 我不确定在等待什么样的联络 |
[32:07] | – You? – Well, best we can piece together, | -你呢 -我们目前所知的是 |
[32:09] | the woman I texted you about, Maggie Foltz, | 那个我发短信跟你说过的女人 玛姬·福尔茨 |
[32:12] | flew back to Akron with Kip Lowell | 和基普·罗威尔一起飞回了俄亥俄州 |
[32:14] | like nothing was wrong. | 就好像一切正常一样 |
[32:15] | They got off the plane, they went their separate ways, | 他们下了飞机 就分道扬镳了 |
[32:17] | and no one’s seen her since. | 然后就没有人再见过她 |
[32:18] | Her car is still at the airport. | 她的车还在机场 |
[32:19] | With $30 million in an account in the Caymans | 开曼群岛的账户里有三千万 |
[32:22] | and a full day’s head start, | 还有一整天的领先优势 |
[32:23] | she could be anywhere in the world. | 她现在可能在世界上的任何地方 |
[32:24] | Marcus is pulling her phone records | 马库斯正在调她的手机通话记录 |
[32:26] | and her credit card history. | 以及她的信用卡账单 |
[32:28] | So we’ll go through those and see if there’s any new activity. | 我们会查看是否有新的活动 |
[32:31] | Maybe we’ll get lucky. | 也许能交到好运 |
[32:33] | Was that the door? | 有人按门铃吗 |
[32:34] | It was. | 是的 |
[32:36] | Safe to say it isn’t Miss Foltz. | 可以肯定不是福尔茨女士 |
[32:39] | Well, be careful. | 好吧 小心点 |
[32:52] | Mr. Holmes. | 福尔摩斯先生 |
[32:55] | How did you know I live here? | 你怎么知道我住在这里 |
[32:57] | Do you always ask questions you already know the answers to? | 你总是这样明知故问吗 |
[33:02] | Oh, you didn’t expect her to come herself, did you? | 你不会以为她会亲自过来吧 |
[33:06] | She sent me. | 她派我来的 |
[33:18] | Do you have a name? | 你有名字吗 |
[33:24] | It’s Ellory. | 艾洛莉 |
[33:30] | So, how did you come to be in Moriarty’s employ? | 你是怎么被莫里亚蒂纳入麾下的 |
[33:34] | Does it matter? | 重要吗 |
[33:35] | I just recognize the tattoo on your shoulder. | 我认出了你肩膀上的纹身 |
[33:39] | It’s used by a Guatemalan amphetamine ring | 这是危地马拉兴奋剂圈子 |
[33:41] | to brand their drug mules. | 标记他们毒骡的记号 |
[33:42] | Perhaps you think you owe her | 也许你是为了感谢她 |
[33:44] | for removing you from a bad situation. | 把你从一个糟糕的环境中带出来 |
[33:46] | Or perhaps you’re just unaware of how many more | 也可能你只是不知道你会帮她 |
[33:47] | bad situations you’ll help her create. | 制造更多糟糕的境况 |
[33:51] | We’re all fish eating other fish, Mr. Holmes. | 我们都是大鱼吃小鱼 福尔摩斯先生 |
[33:55] | I’d rather be swimming with the biggest one. | 我宁愿自己和最大的鱼在一起 |
[33:59] | You said you wanted to talk, so talk. | 你说你想谈谈 谈吧 |
[34:04] | It’s become clear that tensions between your employer and my father | 很显然你雇主和我父亲之间的关系 |
[34:08] | are coming to a head. | 已经到了紧要关头 |
[34:10] | It should come as no surprise that my father has asked me | 你应该不会意外 我父亲已经让我 |
[34:13] | to help bring about Moriarty’s death. | 帮忙取莫里亚蒂的性命 |
[34:18] | After slaving over the question for quite some time, | 在被这个问题困扰许久之后 |
[34:21] | I’ve decided I’d rather discuss his. | 我决定宁愿讨论下他的命 |
[34:35] | More ATF Agents. | 又多了几个烟酒火器管理局的探员 |
[34:37] | These guys took money from the slush fund, too? | 这些人也从非法基金中拿钱了吗 |
[34:39] | Specifically, Agents working out of the Charlotte, | 具体来说 是在北卡罗莱纳州夏洛特市 |
[34:41] | North Carolina field office. | 执行外勤工作的探员 |
[34:43] | Maggie Foltz’s phone records show | 玛姬·福尔茨的通话记录显示 |
[34:46] | one call after she landed in Akron… | 她在阿克伦落地后打过一个电话 |
[34:48] | To a burner registered in Charlotte. | 打给了夏洛特市的一个一次性电话 |
[34:51] | I reviewed surveillance footage from the Akron-Canton Airport, | 我查看了阿克伦机场的监控录像 |
[34:55] | and the last camera to pick her up, | 最后一个捕捉到她的摄像头显示 |
[34:56] | she was headed to the private terminal. | 她正前往一个私人航站楼 |
[34:58] | Video in that terminal is lacking. | 没有那个航站楼的监控录像 |
[35:00] | – You think she got into a private plane? – I do. | -你认为她上了一架私人飞机 -是的 |
[35:03] | Moreover, I think she had help. | 而且 我认为有人帮了她 |
[35:05] | There are no records of her arranging that flight herself. | 没有记录显示她自己安排了飞机 |
[35:07] | Whoever was on the other end of that call picked her up. | 接她电话的人接应了她 |
[35:10] | I believe she was extracted. | 我想她是被撤走了 |
[35:11] | And since the call was to Charlotte | 由于这个电话是打给夏洛特市的 |
[35:13] | and all of those Agents benefitted from her help before, | 而那些探员都接受过她的帮助 |
[35:15] | you think those are the best suspects for her accomplice. | 你认为这些人最有可能是她的同伙 |
[35:18] | It’s amazing to me how many of these guys were corrupt. | 竟然有这么多腐败的人 真令人惊讶 |
[35:20] | I was struck by the same thought when you described | 当你提到霍布斯探员顽固不化的态度时 |
[35:22] | Agent Hobbs’s unrepentant attitude. | 我也是这个感受 |
[35:26] | All of these men… | 所有这些人 |
[35:27] | Hobbs, Bakshi, Evaneer… | 霍布斯 巴克西 埃文涅尔 |
[35:30] | They saw themselves as the good guys. | 他们都认为自己是好人 |
[35:31] | Yes, they were breaking the law, | 的确 他们犯法了 |
[35:33] | but it was okay because they were catching bad guys. | 但那是为了抓住坏人 所以没关系 |
[35:35] | And it gave these men permission to commit their crimes. | 这给了这些人犯罪的借口 |
[35:38] | And those markings? | 那些标注是什么 |
[35:40] | An irony I discovered. | 我发现的一个讽刺之处 |
[35:42] | Despite these men’s belief | 尽管这些人相信 |
[35:43] | that the ends justified the means, | 自己的做法是正确的 |
[35:46] | if the Agents had any additional success | 如果他们因为非法基金 |
[35:48] | thanks to their slush-fund funding, it was short-lived. | 取得了额外的成功 也都很短暂 |
[35:50] | Across the board, | 所有这些人 |
[35:52] | within months of Bakshi and Evaneer handing out money, | 在巴克西和埃文涅尔发钱之后的数月内 |
[35:55] | arrest rates for all of the Agents involved dropped. | 他们的逮捕率都下降了 |
[35:59] | Why? | 为什么 |
[36:00] | I’ve got no idea. | 我不知道 |
[36:02] | Perhaps once they no longer had to work | 也许一旦不再需要为了筹钱 |
[36:04] | so hard for funding, they got lazy. | 而辛苦工作 他们就变懒了 |
[36:07] | You said the drop in arrests wasn’t right away. | 你说逮捕率下降不是立刻发生的 |
[36:09] | When was it? | 那是什么时候开始的 |
[36:10] | About 18 months ago. | 大约十八个月前 |
[36:13] | That’s when Maggie Foltz | 那正是玛姬·福尔茨 |
[36:14] | started working with Summit-Stow. | 开始为峰存公司工作的时间 |
[36:16] | – That means something to you? – Yeah. | -你有想到什么吗 -是的 |
[36:18] | I think I know why the Agents’ arrest rates dropped. | 我想我知道为什么逮捕率下降了 |
[36:21] | And if I’m right, I also know how to find her. | 如果我是对的 我也知道如何找到她了 |
[36:27] | Glad this worked out with your schedule, Mr. Ventura. | 很高兴你有时间过来 文图拉先生 |
[36:29] | Sure you’re a busy man. | 你肯定非常繁忙 |
[36:32] | You’ve met Miss Watson and Detective Bell. | 你已经见过华生女士和贝尔警探了 |
[36:34] | Always happy to do what I can for the folks who wear a badge. | 我乐意尽可能地帮助警方 |
[36:38] | Those are pretty words, and I’m sure they’re mostly true. | 说的挺好听 我相信大部分也是真的 |
[36:41] | I hope they are today. | 希望今天是真的 |
[36:42] | Why wouldn’t they be? | 为什么不是真的呢 |
[36:43] | Well, you know from when we met the other day | 我们那天见面时 |
[36:45] | we’ve been investigating the murder of | 你知道我们在调查你的查证律师 |
[36:47] | your discovery lawyer, Gilbert Pham, right? | 吉尔伯特·范姆的谋杀案 对吧 |
[36:49] | Were you aware that Pham | 你知道范姆 |
[36:50] | discovered an undercover ATF operation going on | 发现了峰存经销内部有一项 |
[36:53] | inside Summit-Stow Distributors? | 烟酒火器管理局的秘密行动在进行吗 |
[36:56] | No. | 不 |
[36:57] | I had no idea. | 我不知道 |
[36:59] | Turns out those Agents were running | 结果发现那些探员是在经营 |
[37:01] | an unsupervised slush fund, | 一项无人监管的非法基金 |
[37:03] | using it to finance other ATF operations, | 再用来给他们局里的其他行动提供资金 |
[37:05] | circumventing Congress. | 当然是绕过国会的 |
[37:07] | All sounds serious. | 听起来非常严重 |
[37:09] | I don’t see what that has to do with me. | 我不知道这跟我有什么关系 |
[37:11] | Well, my partner and I found something strange | 我搭档和我发现 |
[37:13] | about the Agents who took money from the slush fund. | 从非法基金里拿钱的那些探员有些奇怪 |
[37:16] | All of their arrest rates dropped | 他们所有人的逮捕率都下降了 |
[37:17] | once a woman named Maggie Foltz started helping them. | 自从一个叫玛姬·福尔茨的女人开始帮他们起 |
[37:20] | Now, before Maggie worked at Summit-Stow, | 玛姬在峰存工作之前 |
[37:22] | she worked at Washburn Tobacco, | 是在瓦什本烟草工作的 |
[37:24] | which is based in Charlotte, North Carolina. | 总部在北卡罗莱纳州夏洛特市 |
[37:27] | Maggie disappeared two days ago | 玛姬于两天前失踪了 |
[37:29] | after calling a phone number in Charlotte. | 当时她给夏洛特市的一个号码打了电话 |
[37:32] | We went back through the private flight traffic | 我们查看了阿克伦机场 |
[37:35] | at Akron-Canton Airport for that day. | 当天的私人飞行记录 |
[37:37] | It wasn’t easy to spot until we knew | 在有明确目标之前 |
[37:38] | what we were looking for, | 确实很难发现 |
[37:40] | but one jet that flew in and out around the right time | 但有一架喷气机正好在相同时间进出过 |
[37:42] | is owned by a company that’s owned by a company | 该飞机所属企业的母公司 |
[37:45] | that you personally own. | 是你手里的一家公司 |
[37:47] | So Maggie was your mole at Summit-Stow. | 所以玛姬是你在峰存的内鬼 |
[37:49] | You knew about the ATF operation. | 你早就知道烟酒火器管理局的行动 |
[37:50] | Somehow, you found out about it, | 不知怎的 你发现了 |
[37:52] | and then you planted Maggie there | 然后你安插了玛姬进去 |
[37:54] | to keep an eye on it for you. | 当你的眼线 |
[37:55] | I don’t have to tell you | 不用我说 |
[37:56] | that Big Tobacco loves cigarette smugglers. | 大烟草公司喜欢香烟走私贩 |
[37:59] | In high-tax cities like New York and Boston, | 像纽约和波士顿这种高税率的城市 |
[38:01] | smuggled cigarettes are over half your business. | 走私的烟草占了你生意的一大半 |
[38:04] | You provided illegal aid. | 你提供了违法的援助 |
[38:05] | You helped the smugglers avoid the ATF | 你帮助走私贩避开烟酒火器管理局 |
[38:08] | by tipping them to whatever activity | 你会提醒他们 |
[38:10] | Maggie knew about. | 玛姬了解到的所有行动 |
[38:11] | You have proof to back that up, son? | 你有证据吗 孩子 |
[38:13] | Yeah. We do. | 是的 我们有 |
[38:15] | That phone number Maggie called | 玛姬拨打的那个 |
[38:17] | to get your plane to come pick her up… | 让你的飞机去接她的电话 |
[38:18] | She called that same number from Akron | 吉尔伯特·范姆死的那天 |
[38:21] | the day Gilbert Pham was killed. | 她在阿克伦拨打过同样的号码 |
[38:22] | And according to the flight records at both airports, | 从两个机场的飞行记录来看 |
[38:24] | your plane made a flight from Akron to La Guardia | 你的飞机那晚曾从阿克伦飞到了纽约的拉瓜迪亚 |
[38:27] | and back that night. | 然后又飞了回去 |
[38:29] | Now, your pilot has already agreed to testify | 现在你的飞行员已经同意作证 |
[38:31] | that he took Maggie to and from New York that night. | 证明他那晚带玛姬往返了纽约 |
[38:33] | And the flight times also fit the time frame in which | 往返时间也跟吉尔伯特·范姆 |
[38:36] | Gilbert Pham was held hostage and then shot. | 被扣做人质并被射杀的时间吻合 |
[38:38] | Police also matched fibers they found in Pham’s house | 警方还将他们在范姆家发现的纤维 |
[38:42] | to the carpet on your plane. | 跟你飞机地毯上的纤维匹配上了 |
[38:43] | Now, I’m willing to believe | 现在 我愿意相信 |
[38:45] | you didn’t know you were helping | 你当时并不知道自己是在 |
[38:46] | a murderer at the time, but you know it now. | 协助一起谋杀 但你现在知道了 |
[38:51] | I’ve already talked with the Department of Justice. | 我已经跟司法部说了 |
[38:53] | Washburn Tobacco is going to be slapped | 瓦什本烟草将被重罚 |
[38:56] | with a penalty for aiding smugglers. | 原因是协助走私贩 |
[38:59] | But the DOJ has agreed | 但司法部同意 |
[39:01] | to make that penalty smaller if you help us bring her in. | 如果你帮他们指证她 可以将罚金减少 |
[39:11] | Thank you for coming. | 谢谢你过来 |
[39:12] | Come in. | 进来吧 |
[39:17] | I was on my way to the airport when I got your call. | 你打电话的时候我正在去机场的路上 |
[39:22] | I take it you’ve come to a decision about my request? | 看来你对我的请求做出决定了 |
[39:25] | Yes, I’ve done more than that. | 是的 不仅如此 |
[39:27] | I’ve exchanged messages with Moriarty. | 我还跟莫里亚蒂交换了信息 |
[39:30] | Naturally, I assumed you’d find | 当然 我猜到如果你想 |
[39:32] | a way to contact her if you wanted to. | 你一定能找到方法联系她 |
[39:34] | Didn’t expect it so quickly. | 但我没想到会这么快 |
[39:36] | Where is she? | 她在哪 |
[39:37] | I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[39:39] | What’s our next move? | 我们下一步怎么做 |
[39:41] | I said I’d exchanged messages with her. | 我说我跟她交换了信息 |
[39:42] | You’re jumping to conclusions | 你在对信息的内容 |
[39:44] | about the content of those messages. | 妄下结论 |
[39:45] | First among them that you’re going to like what I have to say. | 首先 你觉得你会喜欢我接下来要说的话 |
[39:48] | I wouldn’t be so sure. | 我可不会这么确定 |
[39:51] | Go on. | 继续 |
[39:52] | She and I have agreed to an armistice. | 她和我同意休战了 |
[39:54] | A temporary cease-fire on both sides. | 双方都暂时停火 |
[39:58] | And how did you manage that? | 而你是怎么做到的 |
[40:00] | I told her that should she succeed in assassinating you, | 我告诉她如果她成功暗杀了你 |
[40:03] | I would assume your role at the head of her former organization. | 我会接替你在她前组织里的领头位置 |
[40:08] | For the time being, she will remain inactive, | 目前 她会继续休眠 |
[40:11] | allow you to continue your work. | 让你继续你的工作 |
[40:13] | I believe she will honor our agreement. | 我相信她会遵守我们的协议 |
[40:15] | And assuming she does, I expect you to do the same. | 假设她真的遵守了 我希望你也一样 |
[40:19] | And how long is this cease-fire supposed to last? | 这次停战会持续多久 |
[40:23] | Until you die of old age. | 直到你老死 |
[40:25] | I persuaded her that won’t be long. | 我让她相信了那不会太久 |
[40:30] | You realize, of course, that you’re just | 你当然知道 你只是在 |
[40:32] | staving off the inevitable? | 延缓不可避免之事吧 |
[40:34] | I do. | 我知道 |
[40:36] | You’re going to have to deal with her at some point. | 总有一天你得应对她 |
[40:39] | And when that time comes, the way you’ve planned it, | 到时候 按照你计划的方式 |
[40:41] | I won’t be there to help. | 我将无法在你身边帮你了 |
[40:43] | And that’s as it should be. | 本该如此 |
[40:46] | When the time comes… If it comes… | 到时候 如果真到了那天 |
[40:49] | The problem of Moriarty will be mine and mine alone. | 莫里亚蒂将是我一个人的问题 |
[40:57] | We’ll speak again. | 我们再联系 |
[41:00] | Soon, I hope. | 希望很快 |