时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | – Hey, uh, my name’s Michael. – Hello. | -你好 我叫迈克 -你好 |
[00:05] | A man approached me at a meeting yesterday. | 昨天在互助会上一个男人找上了我 |
[00:06] | Apparently, I-I helped him once when I described | 我曾描述过我的工作是如何 |
[00:08] | how integral my work was to maintaining my sobriety. | 让我保持清醒的 那对他有所帮助 |
[00:12] | There’s this girl I know from the program. | 我在项目中认识了一个女孩 |
[00:14] | I’m worried about her. | 我很担心她 |
[00:15] | You want me to look for her? | 你想让我去找她 |
[00:16] | I thought it might help you, too. | 我觉得也许对你来说也有帮助 |
[00:19] | Six weeks ago, I experienced bouts of dizziness, memory loss, | 六周前 我有过数次头晕 记忆丢失 |
[00:22] | sensitivity to noise and bright lights. | 对噪音和强光敏感 |
[00:25] | I have something called post-concussion syndrome. | 我得了脑震荡后综合征 |
[00:27] | Things could get worse before they get better. | 在情况好转之前可能会变得更糟 |
[00:31] | Midnight Ranger: It’s Always Midnight | 《午夜游侠: 总是午夜》 |
[00:34] | will now take a 15-minute intermission. | 现在将有15分钟的中场休息 |
[00:36] | Please be back in your seats in 15 minutes. | 请在15分钟后回到您的座位 |
[00:39] | Ira. Ira! | 艾拉 艾拉 |
[00:41] | Don’t move. | 别动 |
[00:44] | I’m telling you for the last time, | 我最后一次告诉你 |
[00:46] | do something about these wires or find yourself a new Ranger. | 解决一下威亚的问题 不然你就再找个游侠吧 |
[00:49] | I almost collided with Dietrich out there. | 我刚才差点和迪特里希撞上 |
[00:51] | You’re gonna kill somebody. | 你这样会害死人的 |
[00:52] | Justin, you want to accuse me of murder, | 贾斯汀 你想控告我谋杀 |
[00:55] | get in line. These folks over here | 先排队吧 这里这几位 |
[00:57] | just beat you to it. | 早你一步了 |
[00:59] | Go, go. I’ll talk to you after the show. | 赶紧走 演出完我再跟你谈 |
[01:02] | A lot of pressure for a big producer. | 大制片人的压力很大啊 |
[01:04] | A lot of money on the line. | 钱的担子太重了 |
[01:06] | You have no idea. | 你无法想象有多重 |
[01:07] | Actually, we do. We looked it up. | 其实我们明白 我们查过了 |
[01:08] | Your show’s budget is around $30 million. | 你的演出预算约是三千万美金 |
[01:11] | If you don’t turn a healthy profit, | 如果你没有合理的利润 |
[01:12] | you’re ruined. | 你就完了 |
[01:13] | A scathing review from a critic like Victoria Garvey | 像维多利亚·加维这样的评论家写的严厉评价 |
[01:16] | could take a bite out of your box office. | 会让你的票房减少 |
[01:19] | What? I loved Victoria, okay? | 什么 我爱维多利亚 好吗 |
[01:21] | She was an institution. | 她是知名人士 |
[01:23] | She was cranky, but that was her schtick. | 她很暴躁 但那是她的特色 |
[01:26] | Witnesses overheard the two of you having a heated conversation | 有证人听到你们有过激烈争吵 |
[01:29] | at Sardi’s after Wednesday’s matinee. | 就在周三下午场结束后的萨迪餐厅里 |
[01:31] | Didn’t sound to us like a talk with an “Institution.” | 我们听着可不像是和”名人”的对话 |
[01:34] | Sounded more like you knew how her review was gonna go. | 听着更像你知道她会如何评价 |
[01:37] | You could not afford | 你不能承受 |
[01:38] | to let her rip you to shreds in print, | 她在文章里把你们大卸八块 |
[01:40] | so you killed her and then you burned down her house. | 所以你杀了她 然后烧了她的房子 |
[01:42] | Look… I didn’t kill Victoria. | 听着 我没有杀维多利亚 |
[01:47] | I didn’t have to. | 我没必要 |
[01:49] | Yeah, you’re right, | 你们是对的 |
[01:51] | she told me her review was gonna be a bloodbath. | 她告诉我她会在评价中大开杀戒 |
[01:53] | But then she offered to bury it if I made it worth her while. | 但她又说若我能让她有所收获 她就放弃 |
[01:57] | You’re saying she solicited a bribe? | 你是说她索取了贿赂 |
[02:00] | That’s how she operated. | 她一向是这么干的 |
[02:02] | You don’t believe me, ask around. | 你不信我的话 四处问问 |
[02:05] | That “heated conversation,” Eh, | 那场”激烈的争吵” |
[02:07] | that was just us haggling over the price. | 不过是我们在争论价格 |
[02:10] | You know admitting that she was squeezing you | 你明白承认她在压榨你 |
[02:12] | doesn’t make you look less guilty of her murder? | 不会洗脱你杀害她的嫌疑吧 |
[02:14] | You said it yourself. | 你自己也说了 |
[02:15] | My ups and downs are measured in eight figures. | 我的起落是用八位数来衡量的 |
[02:18] | What’s $50 grand against that? | 五万美金怎能与之相提并论 |
[02:20] | Besides, I, uh, wired her the money | 再说 我给她转了钱 |
[02:23] | the morning after she was already dead. | 就在她今早死后 |
[02:25] | I hadn’t heard yet. | 我那时还不知道她死了 |
[02:27] | If I’m the one who killed her, | 如果是我杀了她 |
[02:30] | why would I do that? | 我为什么这么做 |
[02:38] | I hope your day was less of a dud than mine. | 希望你今天过得比我有成效 |
[02:41] | So, Ira Langstrom may have single-handedly | 所以 艾拉·朗斯特姆可能凭一己之力 |
[02:43] | murdered the Broadway musical, | 扼杀了百老汇音乐剧 |
[02:45] | but Marcus and I do not think that he killed Victoria Garvey. | 但我和马库斯不认为他杀了维多利亚·加维 |
[02:47] | So that argument that people saw them having on the street? | 人们看见他俩在街上的那场争吵 |
[02:49] | He says that they were negotiating the amount | 他说他们是在讨论金额 |
[02:51] | that he was gonna pay her for writing nice things about his show. | 他要付多少钱才能让她给他的演出写好话 |
[02:53] | Apparently, anyone could buy a good review from her– | 显然 谁都能从她那里买到好评价 |
[02:56] | and you haven’t heard a word I’ve said. | 你一句话都没听我说 |
[02:58] | Dead critic took bribe. | 已逝评论家受贿 |
[02:59] | Have you and I spoken since lunch? | 咱们午饭之后有说过话吗 |
[03:01] | No, you don’t remember? | 没有 你不记得了吗 |
[03:03] | I’ve got no memory of the last six hours. | 我对过去六小时的事都没有记忆了 |
[03:07] | I’m calling Dr. Hanson. | 我给汉森医生打电话 |
[03:09] | My head is the less urgent of our concerns at the moment. | 我的脑袋不是咱们目前最紧急的事情 |
[03:12] | A short while ago, I arrived home carrying this bag. | 不久前 我带着这个包回家 |
[03:14] | And I couldn’t recall what was inside, so… | 我想不起来里面有什么了 所以… |
[03:20] | Well, I looked. | 我看过了 |
[03:34] | There is a head in there. | 里面有一颗人头 |
[03:36] | Yes, there is. | 是的 有颗人头 |
[03:40] | And I have no idea where I got it. | 而我完全不记得我从哪里弄来的 |
[04:19] | What’s the last thing you remember? | 你记得的最后一件事是什么 |
[04:21] | After you left to meet Marcus, | 你离开去见马库斯后 |
[04:23] | I rang the fire marshal assigned to Ms. Garvey’s investigation | 我给协助加维女士一案的消防局长打了电话 |
[04:26] | to see if he’d discovered anything | 想看看他有没有发现什么 |
[04:27] | I hadn’t already concluded two days ago. | 我两天前没发现的东西 |
[04:30] | He had not. | 结果并没有 |
[04:32] | After that, I recall planning another review | 那之后 我记得我计划再查查 |
[04:34] | of Ms. Garvey’s personal life, | 加维女士的私生活 |
[04:37] | and then… | 然后… |
[04:38] | Nothing. | 就没了 |
[04:41] | Until the moment I was walking up our front steps | 直到我走到咱们家门前 |
[04:44] | carrying a head. | 带着一颗人头 |
[04:49] | So the last thing we know, you were working the case. | 我们知道的最后一件事是你当时在处理案子 |
[04:53] | Naturally, I wondered whether the head might have something | 自然 我觉得那颗头可能 |
[04:55] | to do with Ms. Garvey’s murder. | 和加维女士的死有关 |
[04:58] | But I see no obvious links. | 但我看不出明显的联系 |
[05:00] | She had no children, | 她没有孩子 |
[05:02] | and that man’s facial structure suggests they are unrelated. | 那个男人的面部结构说明他们不是亲戚 |
[05:06] | We’ve seen no evidence that she had a lover, | 我们没发现证据表明她有一个 |
[05:08] | male in his 30s or otherwise. | 三十多岁的情人之类的 |
[05:11] | And no one fitting that description is missing a head | 她供职的报社也没有人 |
[05:13] | at the newspaper she wrote for. | 符合那个无头人的特征 |
[05:14] | I checked right before you came in. | 在你进来之前我刚查过 |
[05:18] | Okay, well, I’m pretty sure that you didn’t kill him. | 好吧 我确信你没有杀他 |
[05:20] | Looks like he’s been dead for a while. | 看起来他死了有一段时间了 |
[05:22] | And I’m sure you noticed | 而我确信你打开包的时候 |
[05:23] | the same smell I did when you opened the bag. | 和我一样注意到了那种味道 |
[05:26] | Formaldehyde, | 甲醛 |
[05:27] | glutaraldehyde, | 戊乙醛 |
[05:28] | methanol. | 甲醇 |
[05:29] | Embalming fluid. | 防腐剂 |
[05:30] | So, whoever he is, he was professionally preserved. | 所以不管他是谁 他被专业地保存着 |
[05:34] | Presumably before his head was removed. | 应该是在他的头被取下来之前 |
[05:38] | It could be | 有可能 |
[05:40] | I stole it from a funeral parlor | 是我在受幻觉折磨时 |
[05:41] | whilst in the throes of a hallucination. | 从哪个殡仪馆偷来的 |
[05:43] | Or, for all I know, I found the bag next to me | 我只知道我在出租车后座上 |
[05:45] | on the back seat of a taxi. | 发现这个包在我身边 |
[05:48] | Possibilities are endless. | 一切皆有可能 |
[05:50] | I know that you didn’t want to talk to the captain | 我知道你不想跟警监说 |
[05:52] | about your PCS, but I… | 你的脑震荡后综合征 但我… |
[05:53] | You can stop there. My memory may be a shambles, | 你不用说了 我的记忆可能有点混乱 |
[05:56] | but I’m well aware of the gravity of the situation. | 但我知道情况的严重性 |
[06:03] | And I don’t know where I got it from, | 而我不知道它是从哪来的 |
[06:07] | which means I also don’t know | 这意味着我也不知道 |
[06:09] | who might miss it. | 它可能是谁丢的 |
[06:12] | I mean, for all we know, | 我们只知道 |
[06:13] | the police are on their way here as we speak. | 此时警察正在来的路上 |
[06:17] | I know what I have to do. | 我知道我该怎么做 |
[06:27] | What are you doing here? | 你怎么来了 |
[06:29] | We need to talk. | 我们得谈谈 |
[06:31] | Where is the head now? | 那颗头现在在哪 |
[06:32] | We notified the M.E.’s office, | 我们通知了法医办公室 |
[06:34] | and a medicolegal investigator came to the house. | 一位法医调查员去了我家 |
[06:36] | Watson is accompanying it to the morgue. | 华生正陪着那颗头去停尸房 |
[06:38] | And you have no idea where you got it. | 而你不知道它是从哪来的 |
[06:42] | I do not. | 我不知道 |
[06:44] | And that’s because of this– | 而这是因为这个… |
[06:45] | – what do you call it? – Post-concussion syndrome. | -叫什么来着 -脑震荡后综合征 |
[06:47] | Which you’ve been dealing with for how long now? | 你得这个病有多久了 |
[06:50] | I was diagnosed just over a month ago. | 我是一个多月前被确诊的 |
[06:53] | Well, I didn’t tell you | 我没告诉你 |
[06:54] | – because I didn’t want to concern you. – Bull. | -是因为我不想让你担心 -胡扯 |
[06:57] | You weren’t concerned about me or my feelings. | 你不是担心我或者我的感受 |
[06:59] | You were concerned about yourself. | 你是担心你自己 |
[07:01] | You didn’t tell me because you were afraid I’d bench you. | 你没告诉我是因为你怕我让你停职 |
[07:04] | And you were right. | 你是对的 |
[07:05] | Because unlike you, I’ve got other people to worry about. | 因为我不像你 我还有别人要担心 |
[07:08] | I’ve got a whole squad under my command. | 我要指挥一个分局的人 |
[07:10] | I thought we were past all this. | 我以为我们已经过了这个阶段 |
[07:12] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 这话是什么意思 |
[07:13] | Six years ago, when you asked to work here, | 六年前 当你要来这里工作时 |
[07:15] | you left out the part about you just getting out of rehab. | 你没说你刚刚戒毒 |
[07:18] | – These situations are completely different. – I know. | -这完全不是一回事 -我知道 |
[07:20] | But you are not in full control of your actions right now. | 但你现在不能完全控制自己的行为 |
[07:24] | What if you got confused | 如果你糊涂了 |
[07:25] | and you tried to pull someone’s gun? | 想拔别人的枪呢 |
[07:27] | I get tired. | 我会疲惫 |
[07:29] | I get headaches. | 我会头痛 |
[07:30] | I, uh, I… | 我 我… |
[07:31] | I’ve had a brief memory lapse. | 我会短暂失忆 |
[07:33] | During which, you took a human head from God knows where | 在此期间 你不知道从哪拿了颗人头 |
[07:37] | and brought it back to your house. | 并把它带回了你家 |
[07:39] | Look, you and I both know that even with my new deficiencies, | 听着 我们都知道就算我有了新缺陷 |
[07:42] | that I’m still ten times more capable than… | 我仍然能十倍胜任… |
[07:44] | Oh, go ahead. Finish your thought. | 继续 把你的想法说完 |
[07:46] | It’s not like it’s any secret, | 这不是什么秘密 |
[07:47] | you think you’re better than everyone else. | 你觉得你比任何人都强 |
[07:50] | And the truth is, too many times, | 而事实是有太多次 |
[07:52] | I have treated you like you are. | 我都真的视你如此 |
[07:54] | So some of this is my fault. | 所以这有一部分也是我的错 |
[07:56] | But I’m done. | 但我受够了 |
[07:58] | Cops get injured on the job all the time. | 警察在工作中经常受伤 |
[08:00] | Cops get concussions all the time. | 警察经常会得脑震荡 |
[08:01] | You know what they do? They tell their C.O. | 你知道他们会怎么做吗 去找指挥官 |
[08:03] | And they get cleared by a department doctor | 然后他们要先得到局里的医生批准 |
[08:05] | before returning to duty. | 才能重回工作岗位 |
[08:07] | I am tired of giving you a pass. | 我已经厌倦给你开后门了 |
[08:10] | This time, you want to keep working here, | 这次如果你想继续在这里工作 |
[08:12] | you’re gonna jump through the same hoops as the rest of us. | 你就要像其他人一样走流程 |
[08:21] | How’d it go with the captain? | 跟警监谈得怎么样 |
[08:24] | About as well as can be expected. | 跟预想中一样 |
[08:26] | That bad? | 那么糟吗 |
[08:27] | I’m to report to the NYPD’s medical division | 我明早要做的第一件事 |
[08:30] | first thing in the morning. | 是去纽约警局医务部报到 |
[08:31] | I’m forbidden for working with the police in any capacity | 我被禁止参与任何警方工作 |
[08:34] | until I’m cleared by a department doctor. | 直到我得到警局医生的批准 |
[08:36] | And what if they don’t clear you? | 如果他们不批准你呢 |
[08:38] | Well, I hear Cape Town’s awash with murder. | 我听说开普敦谋杀案很多 |
[08:39] | I have contacts there. | 我在那里有熟人 |
[08:42] | How did it go at the morgue? Did Eugene find anything | 停尸房情况如何 尤金有没有找到 |
[08:45] | that might help us identify our John Doe? | 能帮我们确认无名氏身份的东西 |
[08:47] | Not yet. And there’s a good chance | 还没有 而且防腐剂 |
[08:48] | that the embalming chemicals destroyed any DNA. | 很可能破坏了DNA |
[08:51] | And dental X-rays are useless | 牙科X射线也没用 |
[08:52] | until they have someone’s records to compare them to. | 因为没有可以比对的记录 |
[08:54] | Marcus is gonna reach out to Missing Persons. | 马库斯会去查失踪人口 |
[08:56] | Eugene did say that he thought the head was cut off | 尤金说他认为那颗头是用 |
[08:59] | with a Satterlee bone saw. | 萨特利骨锯锯下来的 |
[09:00] | As used by morticians and M.E.S. | 殡葬师和医生通常用这种锯 |
[09:02] | And that the man’s corneas were surgically removed. | 还有 那个人的角膜是以手术手法摘除的 |
[09:05] | Suggesting that prior to embalming, | 说明在防腐处理之前 |
[09:07] | our John Doe was a tissue and organ donor. | 我们的无名氏是组织和器官捐献者 |
[09:10] | Which got me thinking, | 这让我想起来 |
[09:10] | Victoria Garvey was in a car accident two weeks ago, remember? | 维多利亚·加维两周前出了车祸 记得吗 |
[09:14] | I lost six hours, not six days. | 我失忆了六小时 不是六天 |
[09:16] | Yes, it happened in the Hamptons. Her car hit a tree, | 记得 是在汉普顿斯 她的车撞了树 |
[09:18] | burst into flames, and her leg was burned. | 起火了 她的腿被烧伤 |
[09:20] | Bad enough that she needed a skin graft. | 烧伤严重到需要植皮 |
[09:23] | Skin from a human donor. | 皮肤来自一位捐献者 |
[09:25] | So our mystery head came from a tissue donor, | 所以那颗神秘的头来自一位组织捐献者 |
[09:27] | and our victim was a tissue recipient. | 而死者是一位组织接受者 |
[09:29] | Yeah, so it’s possible that the skin graft came from our John Doe. | 对 所以植皮有可能来自无名氏 |
[09:34] | That wouldn’t explain why I had the head, | 这没法解释那颗头为何在我这 |
[09:36] | or what it had to do with Ms. Garvey’s murder, if anything. | 或者它跟加维女士的死有什么关系 |
[09:39] | Well, I was just looking up the surgical center | 我正在查做植皮手术的 |
[09:41] | where the skin graft was performed. | 那家手术中心 |
[09:42] | Marcus is gonna meet me there in the morning. | 马库斯早上会在那里见我 |
[09:44] | They should have a record | 他们应该会有 |
[09:45] | of where the donor tissue came from. | 捐献组织的来源记录 |
[09:47] | It could, at the very least, | 至少能让我们 |
[09:48] | help us determine who John Doe was. | 确定无名氏是谁 |
[09:50] | And maybe that’ll tell us more. | 也许还能告诉我们更多 |
[09:58] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[10:00] | Is your partner not here because he’s running down another lead? | 你搭档没来 是去追查别的线索了 |
[10:03] | Or is he actually taking his benching seriously? | 还是他真的停职了 |
[10:06] | Oh, the captain told you? | 警监跟你说了吗 |
[10:08] | Sherlock went to the doctor. | 夏洛克去看医生了 |
[10:09] | He gonna be okay? | 他会没事吗 |
[10:12] | You know, brains are funny things. | 大脑是很有趣的东西 |
[10:14] | The captain, well, he’s the captain. | 警监毕竟是警监 |
[10:16] | He’s got to look at the big picture, | 他要顾全大局 |
[10:17] | but if you guys need anything from me, just say the word. | 但如果你们需要我帮忙 尽管说 |
[10:20] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[10:24] | Someone else was in here yesterday, | 昨天也有人来过 |
[10:26] | asking about the same patient. | 问了同一位病人的事 |
[10:28] | Interesting. | 有意思 |
[10:29] | British guy? Short on social skills? | 英国人吗 社交技巧很差 |
[10:32] | Mr. Holmes. | 福尔摩斯先生 |
[10:34] | He said he worked with the police, | 他说他和警方共事 |
[10:36] | but his social skills were fine. | 但他的社交技巧还行 |
[10:37] | You caught him on a good day. | 你赶上了好日子 |
[10:39] | He asked to see Ms. Garvey’s files. | 他想看加维女士的档案 |
[10:41] | Did you show him? | 你给他看了吗 |
[10:44] | I wasn’t supposed to. | 我不该给他看的 |
[10:45] | But I couldn’t believe it when he told me she was murdered. | 但我不敢相信他说她被谋杀了 |
[10:49] | Such a nice lady. | 她是个好人 |
[10:51] | I told Mr. Holmes I wanted to help, any way I could. | 我跟福尔摩斯先生说我想尽可能帮忙 |
[10:54] | So you wouldn’t mind showing us as well? | 那你不介意让我们也看看吧 |
[10:58] | At first, your friend was wondering how the surgery went. | 一开始你们的朋友想知道手术情况如何 |
[11:02] | Were there any complications, | 有没有什么并发症 |
[11:03] | how did her surgeon seem after it was over? | 她的医生在手术结束后看起来如何 |
[11:06] | Was he wondering if there was some sort of malpractice? | 他是不是认为有人玩忽职守 |
[11:08] | He thought maybe Ms. Garvey was killed to cover it up. | 他认为加维女士被杀可能是在掩盖事实 |
[11:12] | But I told him that was crazy. | 但我告诉他这不可能 |
[11:14] | Dr. Chopra is one of the sweetest people I’ve ever met. | 乔普拉医生是我见过的最好的人之一 |
[11:17] | Plus, she was visiting family in India when Ms. Garvey died. | 而且加维女士死时她正在印度探亲 |
[11:21] | So your friend lost interest in that. | 所以你们的朋友就对此失去了兴趣 |
[11:24] | And then something in Ms. Garvey’s | 然后加维女士的捐献文件中 |
[11:27] | donation documents caught his eye. | 有东西吸引了他的注意 |
[11:29] | He started asking questions about them instead. | 他开始问关于文件的问题 |
[11:32] | Donation documents? | 捐献文件 |
[11:33] | Donor tissue always comes with paperwork– | 组织捐献是有书面文件的 |
[11:35] | vital stats about the donor | 捐献者的生命特征 |
[11:36] | and information about preparation and use. | 还有准备和使用的信息 |
[11:38] | Just so I’m clear, when we say “Donor,” | 我确认一下 我们说”捐献者”的时候 |
[11:41] | we’re talking about cadavers, right? | 是在说尸体 对吧 |
[11:43] | People who agreed to donate | 是那些同意在死后 |
[11:44] | their organs and tissues after they died. | 捐献他们的器官和组织的人 |
[11:47] | The donor for Victoria’s skin was a white male, age 32. | 维多利亚的皮肤捐献者是32岁的白人男性 |
[11:50] | That matches our John Doe. | 跟我们的无名氏相符 |
[11:53] | But no donor name. Just a number? | 但没有捐献者的名字 只有个编号 |
[11:55] | It’s anonymous when we get it. | 我们得到的是匿名的 |
[11:57] | But the tissue bank that sold us the skin | 但把皮肤卖给我们的人体组织库 |
[12:00] | should have the donor’s name in their records. | 应该对捐献者的名字有记录 |
[12:03] | Do you know what it was that interested Mr. Holmes? | 你知道福尔摩斯先生注意到什么了吗 |
[12:06] | He didn’t say. | 他没说 |
[12:07] | He did ask if we had any other forms from the same tissue bank. | 他问有没有来自同一家组织库的表格 |
[12:11] | I came in here to pull some, | 我进来给他找表格 |
[12:14] | and when I went back out to the waiting room, he was gone. | 等我回到候诊室的时候他已经走了 |
[12:19] | Yeah, he does that. | 对 他就是那种人 |
[12:28] | I think I know what it was that Sherlock saw. | 我想我知道夏洛克看到什么了 |
[12:31] | So, these forms document | 这些表格文件 |
[12:32] | all of the testing for diseases | 都是人体组织库 |
[12:34] | that the tissue bank performs on each donor. | 对捐献者做的疾病测试 |
[12:37] | But these are all identical. They were not filled out separately. | 但这些都一样 这些不是单独填的 |
[12:40] | They’re all copies of the same form. | 它们都是同一份表格的复印件 |
[12:42] | You see the ink flecks and the image degradation? | 你看到那个墨点和褪色的图片了吗 |
[12:45] | That’s from repeated photocopying. | 这是多次复印造成的 |
[12:48] | Someone at the tissue bank’s been rubber-stamping their work. | 组织库里有人在其位而不谋其职 |
[12:55] | This one has the same donor number as Victoria’s. | 这份捐赠者号码和维多利亚一样 |
[12:59] | So, Kareem Ludlow… | 所以 卡里姆·勒德洛 |
[13:02] | got tissue from the same body? | 从相同的身体上获得了组织 |
[13:04] | I had that file out already, | 我已经调出那个文件了 |
[13:06] | because the patient missed a follow-up. | 因为病人错过了后续跟进 |
[13:08] | He was scheduled to have the cadaver skin removed yesterday | 他计划是要在昨天移除死尸皮肤 |
[13:11] | and get a permanent autograft in its place. | 然后进行永久自身皮肤移植 |
[13:15] | Well, that’s a pretty big appointment to miss. | 这可是错过了一件大事 |
[13:17] | Were you able to reach him? | 你能联络到他吗 |
[13:18] | He didn’t return my calls. | 他没回我的电话 |
[13:20] | Kareem Ludlow, same home address, | 卡里姆·勒德洛 同样的家庭住址 |
[13:23] | was killed in a fire in Hoboken on Monday. | 在周一死于霍博肯的一场大火中 |
[13:25] | Fire marshal ruled it suspicious. | 消防局长称有纵火嫌疑 |
[13:28] | That’s two days before Victoria Garvey died. | 那是维多利亚·加维死的两天前 |
[13:30] | So two people got skin grafts from the same donor | 所以两个人得到了相同捐赠者的皮肤移植 |
[13:34] | and they were both killed in fires. | 然后他们都死在了大火中 |
[13:35] | Whoever our John Doe was, | 无论我们那具无名尸是谁 |
[13:37] | someone wanted every last bit of him dead. | 有人想让他的每一片都死掉 |
[13:45] | Both of those patients received skin grafts | 这两个病人都接受了同一具尸体的 |
[13:48] | from the same cadaver, which came from your tissue bank. | 皮肤移植手术 也就是你们组织库提供的 |
[13:51] | Earlier this week both those patients were murdered. | 这周早些时候两位病人都被谋杀了 |
[13:54] | And you think I had something to do with that. | 而你觉得这事和我有关系 |
[13:56] | I’m not in the business of taking lives, Detective. | 我不是做夺走生命的生意的 警探 |
[13:59] | I’m in the business of saving them. | 我做的生意是拯救生命的 |
[14:02] | Operating a human chop shop | 运营一个人体拆卸厂 |
[14:03] | has made you very rich, Mr. Voth. | 让你变得很富有 沃斯先生 |
[14:06] | Your company pulled in close to $10 million last year, | 你们公司上一年利润有近一千万 |
[14:09] | so how about you drop the phony altruism? | 所以就不要再装成一副利他主义的模样了吧 |
[14:11] | Those forms strongly suggest that your company | 这些数据显示出你的公司 |
[14:13] | has been cutting corners | 在消毒和病毒测试上 |
[14:15] | on disinfection and disease testing, | 一直在削减支出 |
[14:17] | in blatant violation of FDA regulations. | 完全违反了食品和药品管理局的规定 |
[14:19] | We think you realized | 我们认为你是发现了 |
[14:21] | that a contamination got through involving the cadaver | 那两人接受的组织移植的尸体 |
[14:23] | those two people received tissue from. | 被感染了病毒 |
[14:26] | Now, if they’d gotten sick and it got traced back to you, | 如果他们生了病并且追溯到你这里 |
[14:28] | you would have been hit with lawsuits, criminal charges. | 你将会受到起诉 刑事指控 |
[14:31] | It would’ve shut you down. | 可能会让你关门大吉 |
[14:34] | I swear, it’s like déjà vu. | 我发誓 这真像场景重现 |
[14:36] | How’s that? | 怎么说 |
[14:37] | Another guy was in here yesterday | 昨天还有一个人跑来这里 |
[14:39] | peddling the same garbage. | 说着同样的废话 |
[14:44] | A friend of yours? | 你们的朋友吗 |
[14:45] | Because he broke into my facility | 因为他在和我谈完之后 |
[14:47] | after we talked and stole one of my products. | 闯进我的设施偷走了我的产品 |
[14:50] | The way I see it, | 在我看来 |
[14:51] | you’re the ones who should be worried | 你们才应该担心 |
[14:52] | about criminal charges. | 受到刑事诉讼 |
[14:55] | This product you say he stole | 你说的这个被偷的产品 |
[14:57] | wouldn’t happen to be a severed head, would it? | 不会是一个分离的头部吧 |
[15:00] | So you do know him. | 所以你们确实认识他 |
[15:03] | Did you call the police? | 你报警了吗 |
[15:05] | Guess you didn’t want us taking | 我猜你是不想让我们 |
[15:06] | too close a look around. | 离太近进行调查 |
[15:09] | Mr. Voth, if you had nothing to do with the murders, | 沃斯先生 如果你和谋杀没有任何关系 |
[15:11] | why not cooperate? | 为什么不合作呢 |
[15:13] | Give us access to your facility | 给我们权限进入你们中心 |
[15:14] | and your records and the names | 调查所有接受了那具尸体 |
[15:16] | of anyone else who received tissue from that donor. | 组织移植手术之人的记录和名字 |
[15:20] | Show us this wasn’t you. | 向我们表明这和你无关 |
[15:21] | If you want my cooperation… | 如果你们想要我的合作 |
[15:25] | …come back with a warrant. | 带着搜查令回来吧 |
[15:42] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[15:44] | I’m running. | 我在跑步 |
[15:46] | Have you also suffered a concussion? | 你也得了脑震荡吗 |
[15:47] | I meant, why are you trying to break the land speed record? | 我是说你为什么想要打破陆上速度记录 |
[15:51] | It was your research that informed me of the link | 是你的研究告诉了我 |
[15:53] | between increased physical activity | 关于增加体力活动 |
[15:54] | and quicker recovery from PCS. | 与快速恢复脑震荡综合征之间的联系 |
[15:56] | I remember. I also remember that the study recommended | 我记得 我还记得我的研究建议的是 |
[15:59] | moderate exercise. | 中等程度运动 |
[16:01] | Not trying to outrun Usain Bolt. | 而不是想要超越尤塞恩·博尔特 |
[16:13] | Better? | 好点了吗 |
[16:14] | Much. Also, now we can talk. | 好多了 而且我们现在能交谈了 |
[16:17] | I appreciate your texts, | 很感谢你给我发短信 |
[16:18] | keeping me apprised of your progress with Marcus. | 让我了解你和马库斯的进展 |
[16:20] | At least now I can pretend | 现在最起码我可以假装 |
[16:22] | I’m a contributing member of this investigation. | 我在这次调查中提供了帮助 |
[16:24] | Are you kidding? So far, you’d been everywhere we went. | 开什么玩笑 我们去的地方你都去过了 |
[16:27] | All we did today was catch up. | 我们今天做的只有追你的进度 |
[16:29] | On the bright side, now that we know where | 好的一面是 现在我们知道了 |
[16:32] | I acquired John Doe’s head, | 我在哪里弄到的无名尸脑袋 |
[16:33] | we might also know why. | 我们也许还能找出原因 |
[16:36] | It stands to reason I took it to deny Dominic Voth | 我认为我是为了防止多米尼克·沃斯 |
[16:38] | the chance to destroy evidence | 有机会毁灭证据 |
[16:40] | and preserve our opportunity to identify the donor. | 并且保存我们识别捐赠者身份的机会 |
[16:43] | Unfortunately, he’s gonna be a John Doe a bit longer. | 不幸的是 他要多做一阵子无名氏了 |
[16:46] | Marcus heard back from Missing Persons, | 马库斯从失踪人口那里得到消息 |
[16:47] | and the head is not a match for any reported cases. | 那头和所有接到的报案都不相符 |
[16:50] | I mean, that doesn’t change the fact that we think that Voth, | 这没有改变我们怀疑沃斯 |
[16:52] | or someone from his company, killed two people. | 或是他公司的某人 杀了那两个人 |
[16:56] | You’re hoping that if you can prove | 你是希望如果我们能证明 |
[16:57] | John Doe’s tissue was compromised, | 无名氏的组织有被感染 |
[16:59] | it’ll help the police get a search warrant | 就可以帮助我们获得 |
[17:01] | for the tissue bank. | 调查组织库的搜查令 |
[17:03] | I’m guessing the head will be no help | 我想那颗人头在这方面 |
[17:04] | in that regard, given that the whole point | 不会有帮助 因为 |
[17:07] | of embalming chemicals is disinfection. | 尸体防腐的重点就在于消毒 |
[17:09] | Yeah, and since we haven’t heard anything about | 是的 而由于我们没听说过任何关于 |
[17:10] | Victoria Garvey being sick, | 维多利亚·加维生病的消息 |
[17:11] | we’re gonna focus on the other tissue recipient, | 我们应该把重心放到另一个组织接受者身上 |
[17:14] | Kareem Ludlow. | 卡里姆·勒德洛 |
[17:16] | Marcus is gonna reach out to his family in the morning. | 马库斯明早会去和他的家人谈谈 |
[17:20] | If you’ll excuse me, | 如果你不介意的话 |
[17:21] | my recovering brain needs hydration. | 我正在恢复的大脑需要补水了 |
[17:29] | You still haven’t told me how your day went. | 你还没告诉我你今天怎么过的 |
[17:33] | Oh. By and large, unmitigated boredom. | 总的来说 十分无聊 |
[17:35] | But I do remember every second of it, so that’s an improvement. | 但我记得每一刻 所以这算是个进步吧 |
[17:39] | I used some of my time to read up on | 我花了一点时间阅读 |
[17:41] | the “Tissue industrial complex” | 《人体组织工业综合体》 |
[17:43] | and the myriad ways that a human body can be monetized | 以及无数可以在人体被拆成各个器官后 |
[17:46] | once broken down into parts. | 使其货币化的方法 |
[17:48] | Including how a preserved head can be sold to educate dentists | 比如一个完好的脑袋可以卖给牙医们 |
[17:53] | on the latest advances in titanium implants. | 供其学习最新的钛植入物技术 |
[17:57] | Well, that would explain why | 这可以解释为什么 |
[17:58] | the tissue bank had John Doe’s head in their inventory, | 无名氏的脑袋在人体组织库的库存中 |
[18:00] | but I was asking about your trip to the medical division. | 但我问的是你在医疗部的事儿 |
[18:03] | Well, there isn’t much to tell. | 没什么好说的 |
[18:04] | The police doctor had me perform a battery of neurological tests– | 警医给我做了一系列神经测试 |
[18:07] | standing on one leg, reciting the alphabet. | 单脚站立 背诵字母表 |
[18:09] | I offered to juggle whilst riding a unicycle, | 我提议边骑独轮车边表演杂耍 |
[18:12] | but she had other patients to see. | 但她还有的别的病人 |
[18:15] | She’s going to confer with my doctor and then issue a ruling, | 她要和我的医生协商后下结论 |
[18:18] | so I await my fate. | 所以 我就等着吧 |
[18:22] | You’re not gonna do any more running, are you? | 你不会是要回去跑步吧 |
[18:24] | What if I am? | 如果是呢 |
[18:26] | I know that you want to get back to work for the department | 我知道你想要尽快 |
[18:28] | as quickly as possible, | 回到警局工作 |
[18:29] | but pushing yourself too hard isn’t gonna make it go any faster. | 但是把自己逼得太狠并不能加速进程 |
[18:32] | You can’t get well in one day. | 你不可能在一天内痊愈 |
[18:37] | Are you expecting anyone? | 你在等谁吗 |
[18:47] | Hey, you do live here. | 你果然住在这里 |
[18:48] | I do. What are you doing here? | 是的 你怎么来了 |
[18:51] | Uh, sorry, I didn’t mean to freak you out. | 抱歉 我没想吓到你 |
[18:52] | Can I come in? | 我可以进去吗 |
[19:05] | Yeah, I had a rough sense of where you lived | 从你去的那些互助会的地点 |
[19:08] | because of the meetings you went to. | 我大概猜到了你住在哪里 |
[19:10] | I knew I was gonna be in the neighborhood tonight, | 我知道自己今晚会来这附近 |
[19:11] | so I looked you up. | 所以我查了一下 |
[19:13] | I’m not listed. | 我并没有登记在案 |
[19:15] | Yeah, but you know I-I work at an architecture firm. | 是的 但你知道我在建筑公司工作 |
[19:18] | So we look up building records all the time, | 我们经常会查看建筑纪录 |
[19:20] | and I saw this was listed to a Morland Holmes | 我发现这里登记在莫兰德·福尔摩斯名下 |
[19:22] | and took a shot. | 就过来试试运气 |
[19:25] | I get you at a bad time? | 我来的不是时候吗 |
[19:27] | Well, I… Sorry, it-it’s been a weird day. | 抱歉 今天过得有点奇怪 |
[19:32] | Do you want to talk about it? | 你想谈谈吗 |
[19:33] | No, I-I’m-I’m really all talked out. | 不 我今天真的说累了 |
[19:36] | Well, look, I’m gonna go to the meeting at St. Augustine’s | 一会儿我要去圣奥古斯汀参加互助会 |
[19:40] | if you change your mind. | 如果你改变主意的话 |
[19:42] | Are you working a case right now? | 你现在在查案子吗 |
[19:43] | Why do you ask? | 为什么这么问 |
[19:44] | I know it’s good for you. | 我知道查案对你有好处 |
[19:46] | It keeps you focused. | 能帮你保持专注 |
[19:48] | Michael, I appreciate you taking an interest in me, | 迈克 谢谢你这么关注我 |
[19:50] | but I-I think you misunderstand my relationship with my work. | 但我认为你误解了我和我工作之间的关系 |
[19:53] | It doesn’t keep me sober. | 不是工作让我保持清醒 |
[19:55] | My commitment to the program keeps me sober, to the steps. | 是我对戒毒过程每一步的坚持让我保持清醒的 |
[19:59] | Right, but you… | 好吧 但是 |
[19:59] | Well, there’s no buts. That’s it. | 没有但是 这就是全部了 |
[20:04] | Oh. Um, before I go, have you heard anything… | 在我走之前 你有任何关于 |
[20:05] | There have been no new leads in the disappearance of Polly Kenner. | 波莉·肯纳的失踪案没有任何新进展 |
[20:09] | And I’ve uncovered no indication that she met with foul play. | 并且我没有发现任何她已经遇害的迹象 |
[20:12] | She’s been missing for weeks now. | 她已经失踪好几周了 |
[20:14] | I know. That concerns me. | 我知道 这也让我担心 |
[20:16] | But she has an unfortunate history of dropping off the map. | 但她之前有过突然消失的经历 |
[20:19] | I’ve lodged inquiries with the law enforcement | 我已经向执法部门提交了 |
[20:21] | where she is most likely to turn up, | 她最有可能出现的地点 |
[20:23] | but… all we can do is wait. | 但是 目前我们能做的就是等待 |
[20:28] | Well, thanks for your help. | 谢谢你的帮助 |
[20:30] | Sorry to bother you. | 抱歉打扰你了 |
[20:40] | You had a question about a culture we handled? | 你们对我们的一个培养体有疑问吗 |
[20:42] | We’re investigating the murder of a man named Kareem Ludlow. | 我们在调查卡里姆·勒德洛的谋杀案 |
[20:46] | His doctor told us he had developed flu-like symptoms | 他的医生告诉我们手术之后 |
[20:48] | after undergoing surgery, | 他出现了类感冒症状 |
[20:49] | and the doctor sent a culture here for analysis. | 所以医生寄了一份培养体到这来进行分析 |
[20:52] | Long story, but the results could be pertinent to the case. | 说来话长 但分析结果可能与案件有关 |
[20:53] | 卡里姆·勒德洛 实验室分析结果 | |
[20:54] | 测试人姓名 卡里姆·勒德洛 初检结果 H7N5阳性 | |
[20:56] | I remember this. | 我记得这事儿 |
[20:58] | I’m happy to print you the results, | 我很乐意把结果给你们 |
[20:59] | but I have a hunch it’s not going to be much use. | 但恐怕对你们没什么用 |
[21:02] | This culture was corrupted here at the lab. | 这份培养体在实验室腐坏了 |
[21:04] | Corrupted how? | 怎么腐坏了 |
[21:06] | It tested positive for H7N5. | 它的H7N5测试结果呈阳性 |
[21:08] | That’s a type of bird flu. | 那是一种禽流感 |
[21:10] | An incredibly rare one. | 极其罕见的一种 |
[21:12] | There was no way Mr. Ludlow could have caught it, | 勒德洛先生不可能有机会感染这个 |
[21:14] | so we chalked it up to cross-contamination. | 所以我们把它归类为交叉感染了 |
[21:16] | H7N5 is only found in one province in China. | H7N5只出现在中国的一个省 |
[21:19] | And when our investigator followed up with Mr. Ludlow, | 当我们的调查员追查勒德洛先生的行踪时 |
[21:21] | he said he’d never even been out of the country. | 他说他从未离开过美国 |
[21:23] | You said you thought there was cross-contamination. | 你说你们认为是交叉感染 |
[21:26] | That means you have some sample of the virus in your lab. | 那说明你们实验室还有一些病毒样本 |
[21:29] | I remember reading about a bird flu case in New York | 我记得一个月前读到过 |
[21:31] | about a month ago. | 纽约有一起禽流感病例 |
[21:32] | Thing is, we don’t think Mr. Ludlow got sick traveling. | 重点是我们认为勒德洛先生不是在旅途中生病的 |
[21:35] | We think he got sick from a tissue donation. | 我们认为他是因为一些捐赠的人体组织才病的 |
[21:38] | We knew about Mr. Ludlow’s surgery, and we considered that, | 我们知道勒德洛先生的手术 也考虑过这种可能性 |
[21:41] | but it didn’t track. | 但毫无线索 |
[21:42] | The case you’re talking about | 你说的病例 |
[21:45] | involved three Chinese women | 涉及到六周前 |
[21:47] | who’d visited family outside Shanghai six weeks ago. | 去上海郊外探亲的三个中国女人 |
[21:51] | A mother and daughter and the mother’s first cousin. | 妈妈 女儿和妈妈的表妹 |
[21:56] | Soon after they had reentered the U.S., they were hospitalized | 她们回到美国之后不久就入院了 |
[21:59] | and tested positive for H7N5. | 检查结果为H7N5阳性 |
[22:01] | All three died within two weeks. | 三人都在两周内死亡 |
[22:03] | They definitely were not tissue donors. | 她们肯定不是组织捐献者 |
[22:06] | We’re pretty sure our donor was a white male anyway. | 我们很确定捐献者是白人男性 |
[22:09] | And these women– you’re sure | 这几个女人 你确定 |
[22:10] | they never infected anyone else? | 她们没有感染别人吗 |
[22:11] | Our team traced everyone they came into contact with. | 我们的团队追踪了她们接触过的所有人 |
[22:14] | No one else was contaminated. | 无人受到感染 |
[22:16] | They never crossed paths with Kareem Ludlow. | 她们跟卡里姆·勒德洛也没有过交集 |
[22:23] | You wanted to show me something? | 你想给我看个东西吗 |
[22:24] | Yeah. I’ve been looking | 对 我在调查 |
[22:26] | into the women that died from bird flu. | 死于禽流感的三名女性 |
[22:29] | The doc that Joan and I talked to at the Department of Health | 乔恩和我去找卫生部的医生谈过 |
[22:32] | was positive they didn’t give it to anyone. | 医生确认说她们没有传染别人 |
[22:34] | But you think she might have missed something. | 但你觉得她可能遗漏了什么 |
[22:36] | I was thinking our tissue donor’s a white guy. | 我在想组织捐献者是个白人男性 |
[22:38] | The three victims were from a traditional Chinese family. | 三名死者来自一个传统中国家庭 |
[22:41] | If the young one was dating our guy, | 如果年轻女孩在和这个男性约会的话 |
[22:43] | she might have wanted to keep it a secret. | 她可能想保守这个秘密 |
[22:45] | Her name is Wu Meili. | 她的名字叫吴美丽 |
[22:47] | I found this on her social media. | 我在她的社交网络上找到了这个 |
[22:48] | She was taking an ESL class at the time. | 她当时在上专业英文课程 |
[22:51] | Check out the numbers under the teacher’s name. | 注意看讲师名下的数字 |
[22:55] | “520 530” “520, 530.” | |
[22:57] | – Mean anything? – They’re SMS codes, | -什么意思 -这是短信密语 |
[22:59] | only popular with young Chinese people, | 在年轻中国人之间很流行 |
[23:01] | so it’s unlikely Meili’s parents would have understood them. | 美丽的父母应该看不懂 |
[23:04] | They mean “I love you” and “I miss you.” | 意思是”我爱你”和”我想你” |
[23:07] | Do you think Meili and her teacher had a secret thing going? | 你觉得美丽和她的讲师在秘密恋爱吗 |
[23:12] | This is a picture of the teacher, | 这是讲师的照片 |
[23:14] | guy named Eric Russo. You tell me. | 他叫埃里克·罗素 你说呢 |
[23:18] | Same guy. | 同一个人 |
[23:19] | So our tissue donor has a name. | 所以组织捐献者有名字了 |
[23:23] | And if he was intimate with Meili | 如果美丽回到美国后 |
[23:24] | after she got back to the States, | 与他有亲密关系 |
[23:26] | he’d have the bird flu, too. | 他也会得禽流感 |
[23:28] | So this all backs the theory you and Joan | 所以这都支持了你和乔恩 |
[23:30] | came up with, right? That the two tissue | 想出的理论 对吧 |
[23:32] | recipients got contaminated skin, | 两位接受者接受了感染的皮肤 |
[23:35] | and someone from the tissue bank killed them. | 而人体组织库的某人杀了他们 |
[23:37] | This proves motive. | 这证明了动机 |
[23:39] | Then let’s get a warrant. | 那就申请搜查令吧 |
[23:45] | In light of recent developments, | 鉴于最近事件的发展 |
[23:47] | Mr. Voth is willing to concede | 沃斯先生愿意承认 |
[23:48] | that Voth Biologics cut some corners | 沃斯生物在处理很多组织时 |
[23:51] | in the processing of a handful of tissues. | 图省事走了捷径 |
[23:53] | That’s real big of him, | 他还真是高尚 |
[23:55] | admitting things we can already prove. | 承认我们能证明的事情 |
[23:57] | But right now we care less about the regulations | 但现在我们不太在意他违反的规则 |
[23:59] | he broke than we do about the two murders he committed | 而更在意他为了掩盖事实 |
[24:03] | to cover it up. | 而犯下的两起谋杀案 |
[24:05] | The Department of Health | 卫生部 |
[24:06] | briefly suspected that tissue | 曾对你们中心提供的组织 |
[24:07] | from your facility infected a patient | 会使病人染上H7N5有过短暂的怀疑 |
[24:09] | with H7N5, and they notified you at the time. | 他们当时就通知了你 |
[24:12] | They later believed that it was an error, | 之后他们认为这是个错误 |
[24:15] | but the truth is, they were right. | 但事实是 他们没错 |
[24:17] | The patient’s name was | 病人的名字是 |
[24:18] | Kareem Ludlow. | 卡里姆·勒德洛 |
[24:21] | Not long after, | 不久之后 |
[24:22] | he and another recipient from the same donor, | 他和另一名接受同一位捐献者的病人 |
[24:24] | Victoria Garvey, | 维多利亚·加维 |
[24:26] | were both murdered, and their bodies were destroyed in fires. | 都被谋杀 尸体被焚毁 |
[24:30] | We think that you set those fires so that | 我们认为是你放了火 |
[24:32] | no one would find out how they had gotten sick. | 这样就没有人能查到他们得了什么病了 |
[24:34] | I’m sorry. Are you seriously suggesting | 不好意思 你们真的认为 |
[24:37] | my client committed two murders over | 我的委托人因为可能存在的感染 |
[24:39] | a call about a possible contamination? | 就去杀了两个人吗 |
[24:42] | No. | 不是 |
[24:43] | We’re suggesting he did the murders | 我们认为他在确认组织感染之后 |
[24:44] | after he confirmed the contamination. | 去犯下了凶案 |
[24:47] | He had Eric Russo’s body at his facility. | 他的中心里存着埃里克·罗素的尸体 |
[24:51] | And seeing as he sold tissue from it before | 鉴于他在防腐处理前就卖掉了组织 |
[24:54] | it was embalmed, we can assume that he did the embalming. | 可以假定他是自己做的防腐处理 |
[24:59] | You got the call from D.O.H., | 你收到了卫生部的通知 |
[25:01] | you tested Russo’s body, you found out | 你测试了罗素的尸体 |
[25:04] | it was indeed infected with bird flu, | 你发现他确实感染了禽流感 |
[25:06] | and you knew that could ruin you. | 你意识到这会毁了你 |
[25:08] | So you embalmed him to destroy the evidence, | 所以你给尸体做了防腐处理 毁灭证据 |
[25:12] | and you killed the two people who received his tissue. | 你还杀了接受他的组织那两个病人 |
[25:15] | Mr. Voth’s company routinely embalms cadavers. | 沃斯先生的公司日常就会为尸体做防腐处理 |
[25:18] | It’s hardly proof of a cover-up. | 这不能说明他掩盖了证据 |
[25:20] | You are right about the embalming. | 防腐处理你说得没错 |
[25:21] | But you’re wrong about the rest. | 但其他都错了 |
[25:23] | And if you look at the records you seized, they’ll prove it. | 如果你仔细看手上的记录 它们会说明一切 |
[25:29] | I didn’t test that body after the D.O.H. Called. | 收到卫生部通知后我没有检查尸体 |
[25:34] | I didn’t want to know if they were right. | 我不想知道结果是否正确 |
[25:36] | And I sure as hell didn’t want a paper trail showing I knew. | 我也肯定不会留下证明我知情的文字证据 |
[25:41] | So I had the body embalmed right away. | 所以我立刻找人给尸体做了防腐处理 |
[25:44] | These are the only two people | 这是仅有的两名 |
[25:47] | who received tissue from that donor. | 接受组织捐赠的人 |
[25:49] | We took the rest of the tissues | 我们从实验室找出了剩下的组织 |
[25:50] | out of inventory and burned them. | 并销毁了它们 |
[25:54] | You realize you just confessed to tampering with evidence? | 你知道你刚承认了毁坏证据吧 |
[25:57] | He did, but I think his larger point is that, | 他是承认了 但我认为更重要的是 |
[26:00] | with the evidence destroyed, he didn’t have to kill anybody. | 由于证据被毁 他没有必要杀人 |
[26:03] | I did a lot of bad things, but I’m no murderer. | 我确实做了很多坏事 但我不是杀人凶手 |
[26:08] | Speak to you a sec? | 能出来一下吗 |
[26:11] | Excuse us. | 我们离开一会 |
[26:18] | So, even if Voth’s records don’t show it, | 就算沃斯的记录没有表明 |
[26:20] | he could have tested the tissue. | 他也可能测试了那些组织 |
[26:21] | He could still be our killer. | 他仍有可能是我们要找的凶手 |
[26:23] | Actually, I think the opposite’s true. | 实际上 我觉得事实并非如此 |
[26:24] | If Voth did test Eric Russo’s tissue, | 如果沃斯测试了埃里克·罗素的组织 |
[26:27] | he almost definitely isn’t the killer. | 那他就肯定不是凶手了 |
[26:29] | I just got off the phone with Eric’s brother. | 我刚刚和埃里克的兄弟通了电话 |
[26:31] | Poor guy had no idea Eric was dead. | 那可怜的人根本不知道埃里克已经死了 |
[26:33] | He told me that Eric lived alone | 他告诉我埃里克独自居住 |
[26:35] | and wasn’t teaching any classes this month. | 而且这个月都没有上课 |
[26:37] | Explains why no one reported him missing. | 这就解释了没有人报案他失踪的事 |
[26:39] | Thing is, the last time | 问题是 |
[26:41] | the brother saw Eric was two days before | 他最后一次看到埃里克 |
[26:43] | his body arrived at the tissue bank. | 是在组织库接受埃里克尸体的两天前 |
[26:45] | They went for drinks. | 他们一起去喝酒 |
[26:46] | Eric mentioned that a student he was dating had died. | 埃里克提到和他约会的学生死了 |
[26:49] | So you were right about Wu Meili. | 所以关于吴美丽的事你说对了 |
[26:52] | But the brother said that when he saw Eric, | 但是他兄弟也说到 当他看到埃里克时 |
[26:54] | Eric didn’t seem sick. | 埃里克并没有生病的迹象 |
[26:56] | So I did a little digging and called a CrossFit gym | 所以我做了调查 给埃里克是会员的 |
[26:58] | where Eric was a member. | 一所健身房打了电话 |
[27:00] | The manager checked the computers. | 经理查了电脑记录 |
[27:01] | Eric took a class there the same day he saw his brother. | 埃里克见他兄弟的当天去上了课 |
[27:05] | That doesn’t make any sense. By that point in his infection, | 这不可能 若他受到了感染 |
[27:07] | Eric should have had pneumonia, even kidney failure. | 那个阶段他应该患了肺炎 甚至肾衰竭 |
[27:10] | He should’ve been too sick to walk, | 他应该根本无法行走 |
[27:11] | let alone do CrossFit. | 更别说健身了 |
[27:12] | You said his girlfriend was already dead. | 你说他的女朋友已经死了 |
[27:14] | So when did Eric catch the flu? | 那埃里克是什么时候得流感的 |
[27:16] | That’s just the thing. If he wasn’t showing | 问题就在这里 如果他没有显示任何症状 |
[27:17] | any symptoms, then Eric never had the flu at all. | 那埃里克根本就没有得流感 |
[27:19] | And if Voth had tested Eric’s tissue, | 如果沃斯测试了埃里克的组织 |
[27:22] | he would have known that. | 他应该知道这件事 |
[27:23] | Meaning he wouldn’t have had any motive to commit the murders. | 这说明他没有动机行凶 |
[27:26] | So our theory of the crime is wrong. | 所以我们关于犯罪的推论是错的 |
[27:30] | We’re back to square one. | 我们又回到了原点 |
[27:46] | Are we having a barbecue? | 我们要做烧烤吗 |
[27:49] | So, now, more than ever, given my diminished state, | 由于我现在状态不好 |
[27:52] | I find visual aids useful in holding onto complex thoughts. | 我发现视觉效果对于理清复杂想法对我更有用 |
[27:57] | So I put together a flowchart | 所以我做了个流程图 |
[27:59] | of all the deceased individuals | 把跟这个案子有关的 |
[28:00] | involved in the case. | 所有死者标了出来 |
[28:02] | And that explains the chicken decals how? | 这跟小鸡贴纸有什么关系 |
[28:05] | We’re faced with a paradox, and it needs resolving. | 我们面对着自相矛盾的局面 这需要解决 |
[28:08] | According to the Department of Health, | 根据卫生部的说法 |
[28:09] | Wu Meili and her family contracted bird flu | 吴美丽和她的家人在上海的一个养鸡场 |
[28:12] | whilst visiting a Shanghainese poultry farm, | 感染了禽流感 |
[28:14] | so these seemed a fitting indicator of bird flu status. | 这些贴纸能很好的表明是否感染了禽流感 |
[28:19] | And, as an added bonus, | 额外的福利 |
[28:20] | we have dinner for a couple of weeks. | 我们这周的晚饭有着落了 |
[28:23] | Because all this really puts me in the mood to eat chicken. | 这一切真是让我很想吃鸡肉啊 |
[28:27] | Well, beginning where it began, | 从一切的开始看起 |
[28:30] | the Chinese ladies, | 这几位中国的女士 |
[28:33] | they all had bird flu, so they all get a sticker. | 她们都感染了禽流感 所以都得一枚贴纸 |
[28:40] | Over here, | 这边 |
[28:42] | we have our two murder victims, | 是我们的受害者 |
[28:44] | Kareem Ludlow, Victoria Garvey. | 卡里姆·勒德洛 维多利亚·加维 |
[28:46] | Now, he received donor tissue | 他接受了来自她男朋友的 |
[28:48] | from her boyfriend. | 人体组织捐赠 |
[28:50] | He then showed symptoms himself | 然后他显示了症状 |
[28:52] | and he tested positive. | 测试证实他被感染了 |
[28:55] | The D.O.H. said that that test was contaminated. | 卫生部说那次测试被污染了 |
[28:57] | That’s an unlikely coincidence to my mind. | 我不这么认为 |
[28:59] | Especially since they reported | 尤其是他们并没有报告 |
[29:00] | no other contaminations. | 其他的污染情况 |
[29:02] | So, bird flu. | 所以 他也有禽流感 |
[29:04] | Victoria Garvey, we don’t know. | 维多利亚·加维 我们不确定 |
[29:06] | This brings us | 这就带我们来到了一切的中心 |
[29:07] | to the man at the center of it all, Eric Russo, | 这个男人 埃里克·罗素 |
[29:11] | our tissue donor, | 人体组织捐赠者 |
[29:12] | and for a brief time, | 有一小段时间 |
[29:13] | our travel-sized house guest. | 他也是来我们家小住过的客人 |
[29:15] | Now, on the one hand, | 一方面 |
[29:17] | our case only really makes sense | 只有埃里克感染了禽流感 |
[29:18] | if Eric had the bird flu. | 整个案子才说得通 |
[29:20] | It’s the only reasonable explanation | 也是卡里姆阳性测试结果 |
[29:22] | for Kareem’s positive test, | 唯一的合理解释 |
[29:24] | and it would provide us theory of motive | 也能为我们提供 |
[29:26] | for both of these murders. | 关于这两起谋杀动机的理论 |
[29:27] | On the other hand, multiple witnesses said | 但另一方面 多名证人证实 |
[29:29] | that Eric was asymptomatic at a time | 在埃里克理应濒临死亡的时间 |
[29:32] | where he should’ve been close to death. | 没有显示任何感染的症状 |
[29:34] | Is there any way that he could have infected people | 有可能他自身不显示症状的同时 |
[29:36] | whilst not showing symptoms himself? | 也能感染其他人吗 |
[29:38] | He would have had to have been immune. | 那他应该是对流感免疫 |
[29:40] | But that would be impossible. | 但那是不可能的 |
[29:41] | This flu is a hundred percent fatal. | 这个流感是百分之百致命的 |
[29:43] | Hence our paradox. By the dictates of logic, | 所以这一切自相矛盾 逻辑上看 |
[29:46] | Eric simultaneously must have had the bird flu and not had it. | 埃里克既被感染又没被感染 |
[29:51] | It’s Schrodinger’s bird flu. | 这简直是薛定谔的禽流感 |
[29:55] | How long has that chicken been out of the fridge? | 那些鸡肉从冰箱拿出来多久了 |
[30:00] | So, Marcus called earlier. | 马库斯之前打电话过来了 |
[30:01] | The police are going through the records | 警方正在查看 |
[30:02] | they seized from the tissue bank. | 从人体组织库拿到的记录 |
[30:04] | CCS found e-mails between Voth and his execs. | 鉴证科发现了沃斯和他手下的邮件记录 |
[30:07] | They were planning to pin | 他们准备把所有作假的检查报告 |
[30:08] | all of the testing shortcuts on one lab tech | 栽赃在一个技术人员身上 |
[30:11] | in case it ever came out. | 以防事情败露 |
[30:12] | Well, that would support Voth’s innocence. | 这倒证明了沃斯是清白的 |
[30:16] | It seems unlikely he would set up a scapegoat | 如果他真的为了掩盖自己的罪行杀了两个人 |
[30:19] | when he was committing two murders to cover his misdeeds. | 那就没必要再找个替罪羊了 |
[30:22] | But Voth’s records also mentioned | 但沃斯的记录中还提到他们是从 |
[30:24] | that they had bought Eric’s body from a body broker. | 一个人体代理人那里买到埃里克的尸体的 |
[30:28] | Another unsavory player in the supply chain of Big Tissue. | 人体器官供应链上另一个恶心的帮凶 |
[30:31] | Someone who procures dead bodies from hospitals and hospices | 他们从医院和收容所获取尸体 |
[30:35] | and sells them to tissue banks. | 然后倒卖给人体组织库 |
[30:37] | Right, but this broker also forged | 对 但这个代理人还伪造了 |
[30:40] | Eric’s donor consent forms, | 埃里克的同意书 |
[30:41] | so he was obviously up to something shady, too. | 所以他肯定也有什么见不得光的图谋 |
[30:44] | I mean, it’s possible he heard | 他有可能 |
[30:45] | about the contaminated tissue, | 知道了人体组织受污染的事情 |
[30:47] | and then committed the murders to protect his own racket. | 所以杀人灭口来保护自己的非法勾当 |
[30:49] | So our theory of the crime could be right, | 所以我们的推理可能是正确的 |
[30:52] | but we would have the wrong suspect. | 但是找错了嫌疑人 |
[30:54] | The captain is gonna have him brought down for questioning. | 警监会把他带去审问 |
[30:57] | Have the two of you talked since yesterday? | 你们俩昨天之后有谈过吗 |
[30:59] | We have not. | 没有 |
[31:01] | Well, maybe you should. | 也许你们应该谈谈 |
[31:02] | There’s a bush outside. Perhaps you’d physically like | 外面有个树丛 你要不要别再口头兜圈子 |
[31:04] | to beat around it? | 而是正真去它周围绕一圈 |
[31:06] | I think you should apologize. | 我觉得你应该跟他道个歉 |
[31:07] | You did keep something from him. | 毕竟之前你确实瞒着他 |
[31:08] | A medical condition. | 一个医疗状况而已 |
[31:09] | A very private medical condition, | 一个非常私人的医疗状况 |
[31:12] | which, I would remind you, | 而且提醒你一下 |
[31:13] | has not affected the work I’ve done for him one iota. | 这个症状一丁点都没影响我为他做的工作 |
[31:16] | I get all that. Okay, I’m not saying | 这些我都知道 我不是说 |
[31:18] | that you should’ve told him because he is your boss. | 作为下属你应该告诉他 |
[31:20] | I’m saying that you should have told him | 我是说作为朋友 |
[31:21] | because he is your friend. | 你应该告诉他 |
[31:25] | Just think about it. | 你考虑一下吧 |
[31:29] | We called around to a few of the tissue banks | 我们联系了你供货的几家 |
[31:31] | you supply, Mr. Petty. | 人体组织库 佩蒂先生 |
[31:32] | Turns out you’ve been selling a lot of bodies | 发现原来你用伪造的文件 |
[31:34] | with phony papers. | 卖了不少人体 |
[31:38] | Our guys are combing through your place right now. | 我们的人正在调查你的仓库 |
[31:41] | How many missing persons are we gonna find in there? | 我们会在里面找到多少失踪人口呢 |
[31:44] | Wait, you think I killed those people? | 等等 你认为那些人是我杀的 |
[31:48] | Crossed our mind that you might’ve killed some of them. | 我们想过其中一些可能是被你杀死的 |
[31:51] | But we also think you might’ve killed | 但我们还认为你可能杀害了 |
[31:53] | two other people to cover it up. | 另外两个人来掩盖事实 |
[31:56] | According to Dominic Voth, | 根据多米尼克·沃斯所说 |
[31:57] | he called you when he thought | 他发现你把被感染的尸体 |
[31:59] | you’d sold his tissue bank an infected cadaver. | 卖给他后联系了你 |
[32:01] | Guess he thought if he complained about it, | 估计他觉得如果他对此表示不满 |
[32:03] | you’d give him his money back. | 你会把钱退给他 |
[32:04] | You knew if enough people started asking questions, | 你很清楚如果很多人都开始对此产生怀疑 |
[32:07] | eventually they’d look at you. | 他们早晚会找到你身上 |
[32:09] | So you killed the two patients | 所以你杀掉了 |
[32:10] | who received the dead man’s tissue. | 那两个移植了死者身体组织的病人 |
[32:12] | You-You’ve got me all wrong. | 你们误会我了 |
[32:14] | I’m not a killer. | 我不是杀人凶手 |
[32:16] | I’m just a grave robber. | 我只是个盗墓人 |
[32:18] | I don’t mean that literally, | 不是字面的意思 |
[32:19] | but it’s what everyone I know calls me. | 但我认识的人都这么叫我 |
[32:22] | I’ve got backdoor deals with a bunch of funeral homes | 我和城里很多殡仪馆和火葬场 |
[32:24] | and crematoriums around the city. | 有私下交易 |
[32:27] | They slip me bodies no one’s gonna miss; | 他们把无人认领的尸体偷偷供给我 |
[32:29] | I slip them a little cash | 我付他们一点钱 |
[32:30] | and then I forge the consent forms. | 然后伪造同意书 |
[32:32] | It’s the only way I can keep up with demand. | 只有这样我才能满足市场需求 |
[32:35] | People have all these hang-ups | 现在大家都对 |
[32:37] | about donating their bodies these days. | 捐献自己的尸体有所顾虑 |
[32:39] | Gee. I wonder why. | 天 这是为什么呢 |
[32:42] | The two people you were talking about, | 你们提到的那两个人 |
[32:45] | when were they murdered? | 他们是什么时候被害的 |
[32:47] | One was on Wednesday night. | 一个是周三晚 |
[32:49] | The other was two nights before that. | 另一个是周一 |
[32:51] | I was in Cancun with a lady friend. | 我当时和一位女性朋友在坎昆 |
[32:55] | We flew back on Thursday. | 我们周四才回国 |
[32:58] | We’ll need your friend’s name and number. | 我们需要你朋友的姓名和电话号码 |
[33:02] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[33:03] | And assuming what you said checks out, | 就算你说的是真的 |
[33:05] | we’ll still need to find out how Eric Russo ended up dead, | 我们还是要查清埃里克·罗素是怎么死的 |
[33:08] | so also write down the name of the place | 所以把你拿到他尸体的地方 |
[33:10] | where you got his body. | 也写下来 |
[33:12] | Who? | 谁 |
[33:13] | The infected cadaver we’ve been talking about. | 那个我们刚刚一直说的受感染的死者 |
[33:16] | I-I just told you I’m doing something I shouldn’t do. | 我刚刚说了我做的事情是见不得光的 |
[33:20] | It’s not like I keep a travel log and receipts. | 这可不会留记录和收据什么的 |
[33:22] | I-I don’t know which bodies came from where. | 我不知道尸体都来自哪里 |
[33:25] | Hell… | 天 |
[33:26] | …I do my best not to remember. | 我通常尽力忘掉这些事情 |
[33:27] | Then write down all the places you have deals with. | 那就把你交易的所有地方都写下来 |
[33:31] | That I can do. | 这个我能做到 |
[33:33] | But it’s, uh, it’s gonna be a long list. | 但这个单子 会很长 |
[33:39] | Hi. My name is Michael. | 我叫迈克 |
[33:40] | Uh, I’m an addict. | 我有毒瘾 |
[33:42] | Hey, Michael. | 你好 迈克 |
[33:44] | So, well, I, uh, I have this friend in the program, | 我认识一个戒毒项目里的朋友 |
[33:49] | guy I really admire. | 我非常敬佩他 |
[33:50] | He, uh, works the steps, comes to meetings. | 他 努力接受治疗 参加互助会 |
[33:54] | But, uh, recently I can tell he’s been struggling. | 但最近 我能看出来他在苦苦挣扎 |
[33:58] | So, a few weeks ago, | 于是 几周前 |
[33:59] | I put him onto a project to keep him occupied. | 我让他参与一个项目以便让他有事做不要闲着 |
[34:06] | It didn’t work. | 但并没有奏效 |
[34:08] | It’s like there’s nothing I can do to get his attention, | 感觉我做什么也无法引起他的注意 |
[34:14] | to pull him back. | 把他拉回正轨 |
[34:16] | You know, um, we come to these rooms | 你们知道的 我们来到这里 |
[34:18] | to get help and to give help. | 寻求帮助和给予帮助 |
[34:24] | Sometimes it doesn’t work. | 有时候并不会奏效 |
[34:29] | I know you’re thinking I should mind my side of the street, | 我知道你们觉得我应该顾好我自己这一边 |
[34:33] | worry about myself, but… | 担心一下我自己 但 |
[34:40] | …I can’t. | 我做不到 |
[34:43] | Not yet. | 现在不行 |
[34:47] | If I need to get louder, I’ll get louder. | 如果我得弄出更大动静 那我就去做 |
[34:53] | But I’m going to make sure my friend hears me. | 但我一定会确保我的朋友听见我的话 |
[35:03] | So, I brought you some tea. | 我给你倒了杯茶 |
[35:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[35:10] | It’s late. | 很晚了 |
[35:14] | So, I let you sleep in, | 我特意让你睡懒觉的 |
[35:15] | but I have been up for a while, working on a new theory. | 但我已经起来有一会了 在思索一个新理论 |
[35:19] | – Yes, I am listening. – So, what if Eric Russo’s body | -我听着呢 -如果埃里克·罗素的身体 |
[35:21] | was able to fight off the H7N5 virus? | 可以抵御H7N5病毒呢 |
[35:24] | I thought you said that was impossible. | 我记得你说过那是不可能的 |
[35:26] | I did because it’s never happened before, | 我是说过 因为此前从未有过先例 |
[35:28] | but what if Eric was the first? | 但如果埃里克就是第一例呢 |
[35:31] | If he was, it would make his body worth millions. | 如果属实 他的身体将价值数百万美元 |
[35:35] | Now I’m awake. Continue. | 现在我彻底醒了 继续说 |
[35:38] | So, I’ve been doing some research into Eric’s life | 于是我调查了一下埃里克的生活轨迹 |
[35:40] | and I noticed that he spent a couple of years in China, | 我注意到他曾在中国待过几年 |
[35:42] | teaching English in the same province where H7N5 is found. | 在发现H7N5病例的那个省教英语 |
[35:45] | So I called the school and they confirmed | 于是我给那边的学校打了电话 他们证实了 |
[35:47] | that he came down with a bad flu while he was there. | 他在任教期间得过一次重感冒 |
[35:50] | Now, everyone just assumed it was a mild strain | 大家都以为只不过是普通感冒 |
[35:51] | because he survived. | 因为他安然无恙地活下来了 |
[35:53] | But you think it was H7N5. | 但你觉得他得的是H7N5 |
[35:55] | When you recover from a virus, | 当你罹患病毒感染并痊愈 |
[35:57] | your system develops antibodies to fight off future infections. | 你的身体就会产生可以对抗后续感染的抗体 |
[36:01] | So, if he had survived H7N5 once before, | 所以如果他曾感染H7N5并幸存了下来 |
[36:03] | he would still have the antibodies to combat it. | 他身体里就依然有可以对抗此病毒的抗体 |
[36:05] | A second exposure in New York would not have hurt him | 在纽约二次感染并不会对他造成伤害 |
[36:08] | ’cause he would have been immune. | 因为他已经免疫了 |
[36:09] | Well, technically, he still would have caught the virus, | 严格说来 他还是会感染病毒 |
[36:11] | but his symptoms could’ve been so mild | 但症状会变得非常轻微 |
[36:13] | that they would have gone unnoticed. | 以至于都不会被注意到 |
[36:15] | Right. And yet the virus would still be in his system, eh, | 没错 然而病毒会依然存在于他体内 |
[36:20] | meaning he could still infect other people, | 意味着他还是可以传染其他人 |
[36:22] | even when dead. | 即便是在死后 |
[36:24] | If you’re right, | 如果你的猜想没错 |
[36:25] | that would resolve our paradox | 那就能解决我们之前自相矛盾的悖论 |
[36:27] | and restore our theory of motive for the two murders. | 并且重建我们关于那两起谋杀动机的理论 |
[36:30] | I think it does more than that. | 我觉得意义不止于此 |
[36:31] | So, I’ve been reading some of the work | 我读了一些关于 |
[36:33] | they’ve been doing on flu vaccines. | 感冒疫苗的研究文章 |
[36:36] | Now, there is a theory that antibodies from a survivor | 有一个理论提到极度致死的 |
[36:40] | of a particularly deadly flu could be used | 感冒病毒幸存者所拥有的抗体 |
[36:42] | to develop a universal flu vaccine, | 可以用来研发能预防所有流感的 |
[36:45] | one capable of preventing all flus. | 通用流感疫苗 |
[36:51] | Hence the millions of dollars you were talking about. | 也就是你说的价值数百万美元 |
[36:54] | Whoever developed such a vaccine | 不管是谁开发出了这种疫苗 |
[36:55] | would enjoy significant financial reward, | 都将坐享巨额的财富回报 |
[36:58] | and Eric Russo’s antibodies would be quite the prize. | 而埃里克·罗素身上的抗体就显得极为珍贵了 |
[37:01] | The thing is, getting access to his antibodies | 问题是 要获取他身上的抗体 |
[37:03] | would have required his consent. | 得先征得他的同意 |
[37:05] | It’s not something you could do without his knowing. | 这可不是你能在他不知情的情况下完成的事 |
[37:07] | You would need too much blood. | 需要的血液量太多了 |
[37:09] | So, you think perhaps someone approached him | 所以你觉得有人跟他进行了接触 |
[37:10] | and he refused to participate? | 而他拒绝参与疫苗的开发 |
[37:13] | Or maybe they didn’t feel like sharing | 或者他们不愿意把未来会挣到的钱 |
[37:14] | all the money they were gonna make. | 平分给他 |
[37:15] | Either way, | 不管怎样 |
[37:17] | they had to kill him to get what they wanted. | 他们不得不杀了他以达到目的 |
[37:19] | Our suspect would have to have just the right combination | 我们这位嫌疑人必须得同时具有 |
[37:21] | of expertise and resources. | 专业知识和资源 |
[37:23] | As it turns out, | 结果看来 |
[37:24] | Marcus and I just met someone like that yesterday. | 马库斯和我昨天刚好见过一位这样的人 |
[37:27] | Who? | 谁 |
[37:28] | The author of that paper you’re holding. | 你手上那篇论文的作者 |
[37:37] | Dr. Selsky, the woman we talked to at the D.O.H.? | 塞尔斯基博士 我们在卫生部见过的那位女士 |
[37:41] | You think she killed Eric Russo | 你们认为是她杀害了埃里克·罗素 |
[37:42] | so she could take his blood and get rich off his antibodies? | 这样她就能拿到血样并凭借其中的抗体大赚一笔 |
[37:45] | In fact, she probably didn’t even bother with his blood. | 实际上 她可能都不需要用到他的血样 |
[37:48] | The cells she would need, they’re called B-cells. | 她所需要的细胞 被称之为B细胞 |
[37:50] | They’re found in greatest abundance in the spleen. | 人体的脾脏中有大量这种细胞 |
[37:52] | If it were me, and I was killing him anyway, | 如果换作是我 反正我要杀了他 |
[37:54] | that’s what I would take. | 我会拿走他的脾脏 |
[37:55] | Glad to know you thought it through. | 很高兴知道你想得这么透彻 |
[37:58] | So, either way, | 所以不管怎么样 |
[37:59] | she killed Kareem Ludlow and Victoria Garvey | 她杀了卡里姆·勒德洛和维多利亚·加维 |
[38:02] | to cover up what she’d done. | 来掩盖自己的所作所为 |
[38:03] | And there was no sign of struggle or forced entry | 然而在两位受害者家中都没有 |
[38:05] | at either of their homes. | 挣扎或强行闯入的迹象 |
[38:07] | Any idea how she managed that? | 你们知道她是怎么做到的吗 |
[38:08] | We know that Kareem Ludlow was sick. | 我们知道卡里姆·勒德洛病了 |
[38:10] | And as you two established, he’d been contacted | 而据你俩确认的信息 卫生部对他 |
[38:12] | by the Department of Health. | 进行了接触 |
[38:14] | If we’re right about everything else, | 如果我们这一切的猜想没错的话 |
[38:15] | Victoria Garvey would also be feeling under the weather. | 维多利亚·加维当时肯定身体也不舒服 |
[38:18] | Selsky had Department of Health credentials. | 塞尔斯基有卫生部的资格证明 |
[38:20] | It’s possible she used those | 可能她加以利用 |
[38:21] | to gain access to their homes. | 进入了他们的家 |
[38:23] | She might have even told them | 她甚至可能告诉他们 |
[38:24] | that she had something to make them feel better. | 她有东西能让他们感觉好点 |
[38:26] | A lethal dose of potassium chloride, for example, | 比如注射一剂致命的氯化钾 |
[38:28] | would have cleared their symptoms right up. | 就能立刻清除他们的症状 |
[38:30] | After that, she would have had to burn the bodies | 之后 她得焚毁尸体 |
[38:32] | to dispose of any evidence of the virus. | 以销毁关于这种病毒的所有证据 |
[38:34] | Well, I get everything you’re saying, | 你说的我都明白 |
[38:35] | but between us and the fire department, | 但我们和消防局都清楚 |
[38:37] | we’ve been over those houses plenty. | 我们已经搜索过那些房子很多次了 |
[38:39] | If you’re right, | 如果你是对的 |
[38:40] | she did a hell of a job. | 她还真是干得漂亮 |
[38:41] | True. But if I’m right about something else, | 是的 但如果还有些事我也对了 |
[38:43] | we’ll have more than enough evidence to make an arrest. | 那我们就有足够证据进行抓捕了 |
[38:48] | What you’re saying is insane. | 你说的这些简直疯了 |
[38:49] | I’ve never even heard of Eric Russo. | 我从没听说过埃里克·罗素 |
[38:51] | We’re pretty sure that’s a lie. | 我们很确定那是谎言 |
[38:54] | You interviewed Wu Meili and her family extensively. | 你大量询问过吴美丽和她的家人 |
[38:56] | And we get that she wanted | 我们明白她想 |
[38:57] | to keep her relationship with Eric secret, | 将自己和埃里克的关系保密 |
[38:59] | but on her deathbed? | 但在临终前还如此 |
[39:01] | She would have been holding back information | 那她就是在隐瞒一些 |
[39:02] | that could stop a pandemic. | 能阻止大规模流行病的信息 |
[39:04] | We think it’s more likely she did tell you about Eric. | 我们觉得更有可能她跟你说了埃里克的事 |
[39:06] | And when you checked him out | 当你去检查他时 |
[39:08] | and discovered that he was asymptomatic, | 却发现他并无症状 |
[39:09] | you realized what a valuable find he was. | 于是你意识到了他的价值 |
[39:12] | As the only known survivor of H7N5, | 作为H7N5病毒唯一已知的幸存者 |
[39:14] | his antibodies would be like the holy grail. | 他的抗体将有如圣杯 |
[39:17] | So you took them. | 于是你夺走了它们 |
[39:19] | In addition to working here, | 除了在这里工作 |
[39:20] | we also know you’re on staff at Hamilton Hospital. | 我们知道你也在汉密尔顿医院任职 |
[39:23] | That’s where you do your own research. | 你在那里做自己的研究 |
[39:24] | We think that’s also where you met with Eric. | 我们认为你也是在那里见到埃里克的 |
[39:27] | Would’ve been easy enough for you to use your privileges there | 对你来说 利用在那里的特权把他的尸体 |
[39:29] | to dispose of his body along with others | 跟其他被捐赠用于科研的尸体一同处理 |
[39:31] | that had been donated to science. | 简直易如反掌 |
[39:33] | The hospital sends those to a crematorium to be destroyed. | 医院会把它们送到火葬场进行焚毁 |
[39:36] | We reached out to the crematorium | 我们联系了医院合作的火葬场 |
[39:37] | that the hospital uses and they confirmed | 他们确认收到过一具尸体 |
[39:40] | that they received a body matching Eric’s description | 与埃里克的特征吻合 |
[39:42] | the day after he was last seen. | 就在他失踪后的第二天 |
[39:45] | Unfortunately for you, | 对你来说不幸的是 |
[39:47] | someone at the crematorium made a deal with a body broker | 火葬场有人跟人体代理人做了交易 |
[39:49] | and sold Eric’s body to a tissue bank. | 把埃里克的尸体卖给了一家人体组织库 |
[39:52] | Couple weeks after that, | 在那之后几周 |
[39:53] | you receive the culture from Kareem Ludlow’s doctor. | 你收到了卡里姆·勒德洛的医生的培养体 |
[39:56] | When it came back positive for bird flu, | 当它对禽流感出现阳性反应时 |
[39:58] | you looked into it, found out about Kareem’s skin graft, | 你进行了检查 发现了卡里姆的皮移植片 |
[40:01] | and put two and two together. | 两两相加 |
[40:03] | You got the name of the other person | 你得到了另一个从人体组织库 |
[40:04] | who received Eric’s tissue from the tissue bank, | 获得了埃里克组织的患者姓名 |
[40:06] | Victoria Garvey, and you killed them both. | 维多利亚·加维 于是你把他们都杀了 |
[40:09] | So you’re accusing me of three murders. | 所以你们是在指控我犯下了三重谋杀 |
[40:11] | I’d like you both to leave, so I can call my lawyer. | 请你们离开 我要打给我的律师 |
[40:14] | You can call your lawyer from the precinct. | 你可以去警局打给你的律师 |
[40:16] | We’ve already executed a search warrant | 我们已经执行了搜查令 |
[40:18] | on your lab at Hamilton Hospital. | 搜查了你在汉密尔顿医院的实验室 |
[40:20] | We found a spleen in your freezer. | 我们在你的冷冻室中发现了一块脾脏 |
[40:24] | Go ahead. | 说吧 |
[40:24] | Tell us the DNA’s not gonna come back as Eric Russo’s. | 告诉我们DNA不会是埃里克·罗素的 |
[40:30] | That’ll be it. Okay? Thanks. | 这样就行了 好吗 谢谢 |
[40:33] | You wanted to see me? | 你想见我 |
[40:34] | Yes. In here. | 是的 进来 |
[40:39] | I wanted to let you know that I spoke to the department doctor. | 我想告诉你 我跟局里的医生谈过了 |
[40:42] | She’s granted you provisional clearance to return to work. | 她临时批准你回来工作了 |
[40:46] | – “Provisional.” – Yes. | -“临时” -是的 |
[40:50] | You go back to visit her once a week until further notice. | 在有进一步通知前 你每周要去见她一次 |
[40:53] | That’s in addition to your visits to your own neurologist, | 另外你仍得去神经科医生那里报道 |
[40:55] | which you also have to do once a week. | 也是一周一次 |
[40:58] | They’ll be comparing notes. | 他们会对比记录 |
[41:00] | You miss an appointment, I hear about it. | 你错过一次预约 我会知道 |
[41:03] | You don’t follow their instructions, I hear about it. | 你不遵守他们的指示 我会知道 |
[41:05] | Otherwise, as long as there are no further incidents | 除此之外 只要不再出现那天那样的 |
[41:08] | like the other day… the doc’s okay will stand. | “插曲” 医生的许可将持续有效 |
[41:13] | That’s good. | 这样很好 |
[41:15] | No. | 不 |
[41:16] | That’s not good. | 一点都不好 |
[41:19] | Between you and me, | 咱们私下说 |
[41:20] | I would prefer it if you were sidelined | 我宁愿你先抽身 |
[41:21] | until you’re fully recovered. | 直到你完全康复 |
[41:24] | Maybe longer. Maybe permanently. | 也许更久 也许永远退出 |
[41:27] | But I said I’d let the docs decide | 但我说过会让医生来决定 |
[41:30] | and I’m gonna stick to my word. | 我会说到做到 |
[41:32] | Look, I-I want you to know… | 听着 我希望你知道… |
[41:33] | I’m not finished. I know you. | 我还没说完 我了解你 |
[41:36] | I know you’re perfectly capable of gaming them, | 我知道你完全有能力耍他们 |
[41:39] | telling them whatever they need to hear, | 说他们想听的话 |
[41:41] | whatever gets you a clean bill of health. | 只要能让你得到健康证明 |
[41:43] | So I’m putting you on notice, | 所以我要警告你 |
[41:46] | that if I get so much as a whiff of you not playing it straight, | 如果我嗅到一丝你在耍花招的气息 |
[41:50] | whether you stay or go | 那你的去留 |
[41:52] | won’t be up to the doctors anymore. | 就不由医生决定了 |
[41:55] | You can trust me. | 你可以相信我 |
[41:58] | Prove it. | 用行动证明吧 |