时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Previously on Elementary… | 前情回顾 |
[00:02] | My father is, uh… | 我父亲他… |
[00:04] | he’s schizophrenic | 他有精神分裂症 |
[00:06] | and homeless. | 还是个流浪汉 |
[00:07] | Sometimes he recognizes me. | 有时候他能认出我 |
[00:10] | Sometimes he doesn’t. | 有时候认不出 |
[00:11] | It just depends on if he’s on his meds. | 看他吃没吃药了 |
[00:13] | I have something called post-concussion syndrome. | 我得了脑震荡后综合征 |
[00:16] | The doctor is loath to make any promises. | 医生无法作出任何承诺 |
[00:19] | Things could get worse before they get better. | 在情况好转之前可能会变得更糟 |
[00:21] | Can’t remember why I entered this room. | 我不记得我为什么进来这里了 |
[00:24] | Well, we all walk into rooms sometimes and forget why. | 我们都可能走进一间房间 然后忘了为什么 |
[00:27] | It happens to everyone. | 这种事谁都会遇到 |
[00:28] | Not to me it doesn’t. | 但我不会 |
[00:31] | If I can no longer function as a detective, | 如果我无法再拥有做侦探的能力怎么办 |
[00:34] | I-I’m just not sure | 我不确定 |
[00:35] | I can stay sober, and if I can’t stay sober, | 我还能否保持清醒 如果我不能保持清醒 |
[00:38] | how is my brain gonna heal? | 我的大脑要如何恢复 |
[01:00] | I’m glad you came. | 我很高兴你来了 |
[01:02] | My mom really appreciated it. | 我妈妈真的很感激 |
[01:04] | Of course. | 我当然会来 |
[01:05] | He was my father, too. | 他也是我的父亲 |
[01:08] | Your eulogy was beautiful. | 你的悼词很优雅 |
[01:09] | He would’ve loved it. | 他会喜欢的 |
[01:11] | Probably would’ve depended | 这大概取决于 |
[01:12] | whether he was on his meds or not. | 他有没有吃药了 |
[01:14] | Last time I saw him, his schizophrenia was pretty bad. | 我上次见他时 他的精神分裂症很严重 |
[01:17] | Talking to him was tough. | 跟他说话很困难 |
[01:21] | How are you holding up? | 你怎么样 |
[01:24] | Honestly… | 实话实说… |
[01:27] | I wish I felt more. | 我希望自己能有更多感受 |
[01:30] | I was so young | 他走的时候 |
[01:31] | when he left that I don’t really remember him. | 我还非常小 我不太记得他了 |
[01:33] | I mean, you and your mother, you spent years with him. | 而你和你的母亲跟他过了很多年 |
[01:37] | I mean, he was my father, but he was your dad. | 他是我的父亲 但他是你的爸爸 |
[01:43] | I don’t want this to be the only time I see you this week. | 我希望这不是这周咱俩唯一一次见面 |
[01:46] | Are you free for lunch tomorrow? | 你明天午餐时有空吗 |
[01:47] | Of course. | 当然 |
[01:50] | Oh, that’s Sherlock at the gate. | 夏洛克在门口等我 |
[01:52] | Why don’t you call me | 不如你给我打电话吧 |
[01:53] | and tell me where you want me to meet you | 告诉我你想在哪见面 |
[01:54] | – and I will be there. – Okay. | -我到时候会去的 -好的 |
[02:04] | No, I don’t know how long I’m gonna be. | 不 我不知道还要多久 |
[02:05] | I’ve got to go to the office and file a report. | 我要去办公室交一份报告 |
[02:10] | This again? Seriously? | 又说这个 真要这样吗 |
[02:12] | I’m not cheating on you. | 我没有背叛你 |
[02:13] | I’m-I’m dealing with an emergency, a big one. | 我只是在处理一件急事 很重要 |
[02:17] | Hand to God, Heather, I’m not having an affair. | 向上帝起誓 希瑟 我没有出轨 |
[02:27] | One, two, three. | 一 二 三 |
[02:30] | Gentlemen, hi. Just a moment, if you would. | 先生们 请稍等我一下 |
[02:32] | I’d like a quick look before you take him away. | 我想在你们带他走之前快速看一下 |
[02:34] | Cool, man. He’s with the police. | 没事 伙计 他是跟警方一起的 |
[02:36] | Be our guest. | 请随意 |
[02:39] | Think you wasted a trip. | 我觉得你白来了 |
[02:40] | MLI was already here. | 法医调查员已经来过了 |
[02:42] | Confirmed the witness statements. | 证实了目击证人的证词 |
[02:43] | Guy died from a lightning strike. | 这人死于雷击 |
[02:45] | So, if you’re thinking foul play, | 如果你觉得有不正当行为 |
[02:46] | you might just have to take it up with God. | 你可能得上去找上帝了 |
[02:48] | Ordinarily, I would, | 通常来说我会的 |
[02:50] | but medicolegal investigator got it wrong. | 但法医调查员出错了 |
[02:53] | This man was not killed by God or by Zeus | 杀死这个男人的不是上帝或宙斯 |
[02:54] | or Indra or any other bolt-flinging deity. | 也不是因陀罗或任何扔闪电的神 |
[02:57] | You know, it’s impossible | 你要知道 不可能 |
[02:58] | for someone to be struck by lightning | 有人在市中心的人行道上 |
[03:00] | on a Midtown sidewalk. | 被闪电劈中 |
[03:01] | The surrounding skyscrapers act as lightning rods. | 周围的摩天大楼就像避雷针 |
[03:04] | He has burns all over his body. | 他浑身上下都是灼伤 |
[03:06] | He does. | 是的 |
[03:08] | But I think the lightning that struck him was man-made. | 但我认为劈向他的闪电是人造的 |
[03:12] | This is a murder. | 这是谋杀 |
[03:22] | Note the location of the lightning strike, | 注意闪电击中的位置 |
[03:24] | near his right hip. | 在他右臀附近 |
[03:27] | Hit in the pelvis | 被十亿伏特的 |
[03:28] | by a billion bolts of electricity. Ouch. | 闪电击中了盆骨 好疼 |
[03:32] | Luckily for him, death would’ve been nigh instantaneous. | 幸运的是 他基本上瞬间就死了 |
[03:34] | What matters is | 更重要的是 |
[03:35] | that natural lightning would never have struck a standing man | 自然闪电绝不会击中站着的人的 |
[03:39] | in his lower torso. | 下半身 |
[03:40] | The scorch marks would start on his head or upper body. | 烧焦的痕迹会从他的头部或上身开始 |
[03:44] | Precisely. | 没错 |
[03:45] | But this bolt of lightning did not travel vertically. | 但这道闪电没有垂直着走 |
[03:48] | It travelled parallel to the ground, | 它跟地面是平行的 |
[03:50] | like a bullet fired from a gun. | 就像一把枪射出的子弹 |
[03:51] | I don’t see any | 我没看到任何 |
[03:53] | puncture marks that would indicate he was hit by a Taser, | 贯穿的痕迹能证明他被电击枪击中 |
[03:56] | and the burn patterns don’t match a stun gun | 烧伤的痕迹也和晕眩枪不匹配 |
[03:59] | or a cattle prod. You’re thinking something more exotic? | 电牛棒也不对 你在想更奇怪的东西吗 |
[04:02] | A heretofore unknown weapon. | 一个迄今尚不为人知的武器 |
[04:05] | Possibly experimental. | 可能是实验性的 |
[04:07] | Killer’s freeze ray was probably in the shop, | 凶手的冷冻光线可能在店里 |
[04:09] | so he used his lightning gun instead. | 所以他改用了他的闪电枪 |
[04:12] | Not as unlikely as it sounds. | 没有听起来那么不可能 |
[04:14] | According to the badge in his personal effects, | 从他个人物品里的徽章看 |
[04:16] | our victim’s name is Rohan Giri. | 我们的受害人叫罗翰·吉里 |
[04:18] | He was an inspector for the Department of Energy. | 他曾是能源部的一名检查员 |
[04:21] | He spent his days stalking the halls | 他的工作就是跟踪 |
[04:23] | of nuclear power plants, scientific research labs. | 核电站 科学研究实验室 |
[04:26] | And looking at his social media, his wife is a physicist, | 看他的社交媒体 他妻子是物理学家 |
[04:29] | as are most of the couple’s friends. | 跟这对夫妇的大多数朋友一样 |
[04:32] | So, he knew a lot of people | 所以他认识很多 |
[04:33] | who could, in theory, create artificial lightning. | 理论上可以制造人工闪电的人 |
[04:37] | Marcus. | 马库斯 |
[04:38] | He says you asked him to look into the wife. | 他说你让他调查妻子 |
[04:40] | Found a couple of domestic disputes | 发现了几次家庭争吵 |
[04:42] | and accusations of infidelity on both sides. | 以及彼此指责对方不忠 |
[04:45] | Perhaps Mr. Giri’s wife throws things when she gets angry, | 或许吉里先生的妻子在生气时会扔东西 |
[04:47] | only she can throw lightning. | 不过她扔的是闪电 |
[04:50] | She’s on her way to the precinct right now. | 她在去警局的路上了 |
[04:52] | You want in on the interview? | 你们想去问话吗 |
[04:53] | I’ll call Marcus, tell him you’re coming. | 我给马库斯打电话 告诉他你这就去 |
[04:56] | I can’t go. I have lunch with Lin. | 我不能去 我跟琳约了午饭 |
[04:59] | Given your father’s recent passing, | 考虑到你们的父亲刚过世 |
[05:00] | I don’t think you’ll be blamed for missing an interview. | 我觉得你不会因为错过一场问话而受责怪 |
[05:02] | I’m fine. You’re the one who’s supposed to be taking it easy. | 我没事 你才是那个该放松的人 |
[05:04] | Well, I am pacing myself. | 我正在调整自己 |
[05:06] | Have you tried any of those exercises I gave you yet? | 你试过我给你的那些练习了吗 |
[05:08] | Sorting things by color, assembling children’s puzzles? | 靠颜色分辨事物 组装孩子的拼图 |
[05:11] | No. If the point is to test my cognitive skills, | 没有 如果目的是测试我的认知能力 |
[05:14] | much rather do so by solving a murder. | 最好靠破解凶案 |
[05:17] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[05:19] | I thought you said Rohan was killed by lightning. | 我以为你们说罗翰是被闪电劈死的 |
[05:21] | You’re a physicist, Professor Giri. | 你是物理学家 吉里教授 |
[05:23] | Tell us, would it be possible for your husband | 告诉我们 你丈夫有没有可能 |
[05:26] | to be struck by lightning in this part of town? | 在城里的这个地方被闪电击中 |
[05:30] | No. | 不可能 |
[05:32] | N-No. The-the buildings would’ve drawn the charge. | 不会 这些建筑会降低电压 |
[05:35] | See, we’re exploring the possibility | 所以我们在探讨 |
[05:37] | that Rohan was killed by some kind of | 罗翰是否有可能死于某种 |
[05:40] | electrical weapon. | 电力武器 |
[05:42] | Something experimental, maybe. | 也许是某种实验性武器 |
[05:46] | I’m a suspect, aren’t I? | 我是嫌疑人 对吗 |
[05:48] | That’s why you called me down here. | 所以你们才叫我过来 |
[05:49] | Look, you and your husband fought a lot. | 你和你丈夫经常争吵 |
[05:51] | Police were called to your residence on more than one occasion. | 警察不止一次去过你家 |
[05:53] | We also know that you caused | 我们还知道 |
[05:55] | a public disturbance at a bar | 你曾经在酒吧引发骚乱 |
[05:56] | when you accused Rohan of cheating. | 因为你指控罗翰出轨 |
[05:58] | Maybe you’d finally had enough. | 也许你终于受够了 |
[06:00] | What I said that night… I didn’t mean it. | 我那天晚上说的话不是真心的 |
[06:04] | I knew Rohan wasn’t cheating on me. | 我知道罗翰没有出轨 |
[06:09] | I was cheating on him. | 是我出轨了 |
[06:13] | I’m working a lot of late hours with my colleague, Jose. | 我经常跟我的同事何塞一起加班 |
[06:19] | Rohan seemed suspicious, so I… | 罗翰起了疑心 所以我… |
[06:20] | So you accused him of an affair | 所以你指控他出轨 |
[06:22] | in order to distract from your own infidelity. | 以掩盖自己的不忠 |
[06:24] | Talk to Jose. | 去问何塞 |
[06:27] | He isn’t just my lover. | 他不光是我的情人 |
[06:29] | He’s my alibi. | 也是我的不在场证明 |
[06:31] | We were having dinner when Rohan was killed. | 罗翰死的时候我们正在吃晚餐 |
[06:33] | I’m sure the waiter remembers us, maybe some of the staff. | 我相信服务生记得我们 或者是工作人员 |
[06:36] | All right, we’re gonna need the name of the restaurant. | 好的 我们需要饭店的名字 |
[06:38] | Well, you should know, even if I wanted | 你们应该知道 即使我想 |
[06:40] | to kill my husband with weaponized lightning, | 用闪电武器杀了我丈夫 |
[06:42] | I wouldn’t know how. | 我也不知道该怎么做 |
[06:44] | I’m a cosmologist. | 我是宇宙学家 |
[06:46] | So is Jose. | 何塞也是 |
[06:47] | We study the nature of the universe. | 我们研究宇宙的本质 |
[06:50] | It isn’t exactly practical. | 都是不太实际的东西 |
[06:52] | Neither one of us would know where to begin to build an LIPC. | 我们都不知道怎么造一台LIPC |
[06:57] | LIPC An LIPC? | |
[06:59] | A laser-induced plasma channel. | 感生等离子管 |
[07:01] | An electrolaser. | 电子激光 |
[07:03] | It’s a lightning gun, basically. | 基本上就是闪电枪 |
[07:08] | The kind of weapon you think killed Rohan. | 你们认为杀死罗翰的那种武器 |
[07:11] | You familiar with that technology? | 你对这种技术很熟悉吗 |
[07:13] | I’ve read articles. | 我读过这类文章 |
[07:16] | Electrolasers are still very experimental, | 电子激光还是实验性的 |
[07:18] | but I do know a few labs that are developing them. | 但我知道几家实验室在研究这个 |
[07:23] | Tell us, any of those labs in New York? | 告诉我们 纽约有这种实验室吗 |
[07:31] | Lin, hey. | 琳 |
[07:32] | They wouldn’t seat you without me here? | 我不来他们就不让你坐下吗 |
[07:35] | Actually, they didn’t seat me because I didn’t ask them to, | 其实他们没让我坐下是因为我没要求 |
[07:38] | because I can’t stay. | 因为我不能待在这里 |
[07:40] | A colleague came down with a stomach bug. | 一位同事因为胃病请假了 |
[07:42] | I have to show a house for her at 1:30. | 我一点半要替她带客户看房子 |
[07:44] | Oh, you should’ve called me. | 你打电话告诉我一声就行了 |
[07:47] | I still needed to see you. | 我还是得见你 |
[07:50] | I got a call this morning from the shelter where Dad was staying. | 今早爸爸的养老院给我打电话了 |
[07:53] | They said they had some of his personal effects | 他们说那里有一些他的私人物品 |
[07:55] | and they were wondering if I wanted them. | 他们问我想不想要 |
[07:57] | I don’t know. I guess I thought I might find | 我不知道 我以为我会发现 |
[07:58] | an old picture of me or my mom | 一张我或者妈妈的老照片 |
[08:01] | or some grade school art project I gave him. | 或者我小学时送他的美术作业 |
[08:04] | Something he kept to remember me by. | 他用来记住我的东西 |
[08:07] | What do they have for you? | 他们给了你什么 |
[08:10] | His water bottle, a watch that didn’t work, | 他的水杯 一块停了的表 |
[08:12] | an old dictionary I’m pretty sure he dug out of a Dumpster, | 一本应该是从垃圾桶里翻出来的旧字典 |
[08:18] | and this. | 还有这个 |
[08:22] | That’s your Chinese name, right? | 那是你的中文名字 对吗 |
[08:24] | Yun Jingyi? | 云静宜 |
[08:25] | I don’t understand. He wrote us letters? | 我不明白 他给我们写了信吗 |
[08:29] | Just you. | 只有你 |
[08:32] | No. It’s okay. Seriously. | 不 没关系 真的 |
[08:34] | At least he remembered one of us, right? | 至少他记得我们中的一个 对吗 |
[08:39] | If you’re wondering why it’s in such great shape, | 如果你想知道它为保存得这么好 |
[08:41] | he kept it flat in the middle of his dictionary. | 他把它夹在他的字典中间了 |
[08:44] | And despite what you thought, | 而且不管你怎么想 |
[08:45] | I think it was important to him. | 我想它对他很重要 |
[08:46] | I think you were important to him, too. | 我觉得你对他也很重要 |
[08:57] | Just so you know, Sparky isn’t a lightning gun, | 你们要知道 火花不是一把闪电枪 |
[09:00] | more like a giant, freaking lightning cannon. | 更像是一台可怕的巨大闪电炮 |
[09:03] | And your lab built Sparky for the military? | 你的实验室为军方建造了火花吗 |
[09:06] | Hopefully. We’re trying to win an Air Force contract. | 但愿吧 我们想赢得空军的合同 |
[09:09] | They want to mount LIPCs on their planes. | 他们想在飞机上配备感生等离子管 |
[09:13] | The problem is Sparky’s way too big | 问题是火花现在太大了 |
[09:15] | to fit in a jet fuselage right now. | 无法装入机身 |
[09:16] | That’s where Rohan Giri came in. | 这就是罗翰·吉里的作用 |
[09:20] | Thought he was just an inspector. | 我以为他只是一名检查员 |
[09:21] | He is. Was. | 是的 生前是 |
[09:24] | I mean, I only met him yesterday, | 我昨天才认识他 |
[09:25] | but his inspection was a big deal for us. | 但他的检查对我们来说很重要 |
[09:27] | Like I said, Sparky needs to trim down. | 如我所说 火花需要精简 |
[09:29] | His power generation and storage system is big and bulky. | 它的发电和存储系统又大又笨重 |
[09:34] | The only way to make those components smaller is to go nuclear. | 缩小这些结构的方法只有核能 |
[09:38] | So we built him a mini reactor. | 所以我们给它造了个小反应堆 |
[09:39] | But to test it, we need access to fissionable materials. | 但为了测试 我们要有裂变物质 |
[09:42] | Like uranium? | 比如铀吗 |
[09:44] | In our case, plutonium. | 我们要用的是钚 |
[09:46] | Mr. Giri was here to inspect our containment facilities. | 吉里先生是来检查我们的防护设施的 |
[09:49] | His approval would’ve gotten us a lot closer to our goal | 他的许可能让我们离目标近一大步 |
[09:52] | and a big payout from the Air Force. | 并能得到空军的订单 |
[09:54] | So, believe me, no one here wanted him dead. | 所以 相信我 这里没人想让他死 |
[09:57] | Not even if he was gonna fail you? | 即使他可能会让你们失败吗 |
[09:59] | Failed inspection still would’ve been progress. | 失败的检查也会让我们进步 |
[10:01] | Would’ve told us what to fix. | 可以告诉我们需要改进什么 |
[10:07] | Meet Sparky, the wonder cannon. | 来看看火花 奇迹大炮 |
[10:11] | So, I take it you put it in a truck | 我想你把它放在货车里 |
[10:13] | so you could take it somewhere for testing. | 是为了要带它去做测试 |
[10:15] | That implies it’s fully operational? | 也就是说它可以运行了 |
[10:17] | Yeah. We’re scheduled for a test firing | 对 我们计划了一次射击测试 |
[10:19] | at Brookhaven National Laboratory later this week. | 这周晚些在布鲁克海文国立实验室进行 |
[10:21] | We loaded Sparky up three days ago | 我们三天前把火花装在了这里 |
[10:23] | and no one’s moved him since. | 从那时起就没人动过它 |
[10:25] | He isn’t your murder weapon. | 它不是你们的凶器 |
[10:27] | Hmm, look at these dust patterns. | 看这些灰尘的痕迹 |
[10:32] | Scattered showers last night. | 昨晚下了小雨 |
[10:33] | This van was recently dotted with rain, | 这辆车最近淋过雨 |
[10:36] | despite being parked in a garage with a covered roof. | 但它停在有屋顶的车库里 |
[10:40] | Correct me if I’m wrong, Mr. Kwan, | 如果我错了请纠正我 关先生 |
[10:41] | but the only way it could have gotten wet | 但让它淋湿的唯一方法 |
[10:43] | is if someone was driving it around in the rain. | 就是有人把它开进了雨里 |
[10:46] | Well, that’s not possible. | 这不可能 |
[10:48] | I’ll check the onboard logs. | 我来检查一下机上日志 |
[10:50] | They’ll show if the cannon was fired. | 它们会显示大炮是否开过火 |
[11:03] | There’s nothing. | 什么都没有 |
[11:05] | You’re saying the logs don’t show the cannon was fired? | 你是说日志没有显示发射记录吗 |
[11:08] | I’m saying the logs are blank. | 我是说日志是空的 |
[11:09] | They’re set to record a charge level every 30 minutes, | 日志应该每半小时记录一次电压水平 |
[11:12] | but there’s no record for this morning at 5:00 A.M. | 但今早五点没有记录 |
[11:15] | Someone wiped the logs. | 有人把日志抹掉了 |
[11:17] | I need to check the security tapes, | 我要检查一下安保录像 |
[11:19] | see who’s been messing with Sparky. | 看看是谁动了火花 |
[11:20] | They’ve probably been wiped as well. | 安保录像可能也被抹掉了 |
[11:21] | This is almost certainly an inside job, | 几乎可以确定这是内部人员作案 |
[11:23] | judging by the position of the seat and the mirrors, | 根据座椅和后视镜的位置 |
[11:25] | perpetrated by someone who’s about six-foot-three. | 嫌犯的身高大约是一米九 |
[11:27] | Any of your employees match that description? | 你的员工有人符合这个描述吗 |
[11:30] | No, none of our employees are that tall. | 不 我们的员工没有这么高的 |
[11:32] | But the guy who’s financing us is. | 但资助我们的人有这么高 |
[11:35] | When we found out you matched the description | 当我们发现你符合关于凶手的描述时 |
[11:37] | of our killer, Mr. Amberlin, | 安柏林先生 |
[11:38] | we tried to speak with you right away, | 我们想马上跟你谈谈 |
[11:40] | but you weren’t in. | 但你没有上班 |
[11:41] | Committing murder can be rather unsettling, | 实施谋杀可能让人心神不宁 |
[11:43] | so small wonder you didn’t feel like going to work today. | 所以你今天不想上班也可以理解 |
[11:47] | I had a stomach bug. | 我胃不舒服 |
[11:48] | You do look rather queasy. | 你看起来有点反胃 |
[11:50] | Nausea can have many causes: | 恶心可能有很多原因 |
[11:52] | food-borne viruses, shock, guilt. | 经食物传播的病毒 惊吓 内疚 |
[11:56] | Radiation poisoning. | 辐射中毒 |
[12:00] | Have you been exposed to any radioactive materials lately? | 你最近有暴露在放射性物质中吗 |
[12:03] | No. That’s crazy. | 不 这太疯狂了 |
[12:06] | We don’t think it is. | 我们不这么认为 |
[12:08] | When your head engineer brought us to your office, | 当你的总工程师带我们去你办公室时 |
[12:10] | he spotted this behind your desk. | 他在你的办公桌后面发现了这个 |
[12:13] | Said it’s a dosimeter. | 他说这是放射量测定器 |
[12:15] | Lets you know if you’ve been exposed to radiation. | 能让你知道你是否受到了辐射 |
[12:18] | Prior to that, he told us that your lab required plutonium | 在那之前 他告诉我们你的实验室 |
[12:22] | to perfect your electrolaser, | 需要钚来完善你们的电子激光 |
[12:24] | but you hadn’t been able to procure any yet– at least not legally. | 但你还没得到 至少没有合法得到 |
[12:27] | So we’re wondering, why do you have a dosimeter? | 所以我们想知道你为什么有放射量测定器 |
[12:30] | Your secretary told us you recently went to Japan. | 你的秘书告诉我们你最近去了日本 |
[12:35] | So? | 所以呢 |
[12:36] | So Japan had to scale down their nuclear power program | 日本在福岛核事故之后削减了 |
[12:39] | after the Fukushima disaster. | 他们的核能项目 |
[12:41] | As a result, they’ve got a lot of plutonium lying around. | 所以他们有很多闲置的钚 |
[12:44] | We think you took some off their hands. | 我们觉得你找他们买了一些 |
[12:48] | Mr. Giri’s visit was of the surprise variety, wasn’t it? | 吉里先生的到来是个惊吓 不是吗 |
[12:52] | He saw something he wasn’t supposed to. | 他看到了他不该看到的东西 |
[12:56] | Perhaps it was the dosimeter, perhaps it was something else. | 也许是放射量测定器 也许是别的 |
[12:58] | In any event, he realized that you were in possession | 无论怎样 他意识到你拥有了 |
[13:01] | of black market plutonium, | 来自黑市的钚 |
[13:03] | he confronted you about it, and you killed him. | 他跟你对质 你就杀了他 |
[13:07] | This is you driving through toll booths last night | 这是你昨晚驾驶装着火花的车 |
[13:10] | in the truck that houses Sparky. | 经过收费站的照片 |
[13:12] | You took your lightning cannon into Manhattan | 你带着闪电大炮去了曼哈顿 |
[13:14] | so you could kill Rohan Giri, | 这样你就可以杀掉罗翰·吉里 |
[13:15] | then you drove it back and wiped its logs. | 然后你把车开回来并抹掉了日志 |
[13:18] | Look, you don’t want to cop to it, fine. | 听着 你不想招供 没关系 |
[13:21] | But we’re pretty sure a jury is gonna see it | 但我们确信陪审团会像我们一样 |
[13:24] | just like we do. | 看待这件事 |
[13:27] | I didn’t mean to kill him, okay? | 我没想着杀他 好吗 |
[13:30] | I just thought it would knock him out, | 我以为它会让他昏倒 |
[13:31] | maybe put him in the hospital for a few days. | 可能会让他住几天院 |
[13:34] | I was just trying to buy myself time. | 我只想给自己争取点时间 |
[13:36] | To do what? | 去干什么 |
[13:39] | To find my plutonium. | 去找我的钚 |
[13:42] | You were right, | 你们说得对 |
[13:43] | about everything. | 全都没错 |
[13:44] | I went to Japan, I bought plutonium illegally | 我去了日本 非法买了钚 |
[13:47] | and had it smuggled back into the States. | 然后把它偷运回了美国 |
[13:49] | About a week ago, it was stolen. | 大约一周前 它被偷了 |
[13:52] | It could be it was just a little corporate espionage– | 可能只是商业间谍干的 |
[13:54] | some other lab working on an LIPC, trying to set us back– | 其他研究LIPC的实验室想拖我们后腿 |
[13:57] | but I don’t think I’m that lucky. | 但我觉得我没那么幸运 |
[13:59] | If it was terrorists, then we’re all in trouble. | 如果是恐怖分子 那我们就都有麻烦了 |
[14:02] | ‘Cause they made off with enough plutonium | 因为他们拿到了足够的钚 |
[14:03] | to kill hundreds of thousands of people. | 能杀死数十万人 |
[14:13] | This is Agent Kohler, NNSA. | 这是国核安局的科勒探员 |
[14:15] | Hello, everyone. | 大家好 |
[14:16] | He’ll be taking over the investigation | 他会接管调查 |
[14:18] | into the missing plutonium. | 寻找失踪的钚 |
[14:20] | NNSA? | 国核安局 |
[14:21] | National Nuclear Security Administration. | 国家核安全管理局 |
[14:23] | We’re part of the DoE, like Inspector Giri, | 我们属于能源部 像检查员吉里一样 |
[14:25] | but we’re the guys who show up when things get ugly. | 但我们是收拾烂摊子的人 |
[14:28] | Actual plutonium missing | 在大纽约地区 |
[14:30] | in the greater New York area, | 发生真正的钚失踪事件 |
[14:31] | possibly in the hands of terrorists, | 而且可能落在了恐怖分子手里 |
[14:33] | that’s our worst-case scenario. | 这是情况最糟的场景了 |
[14:34] | Whoa, what are we talking about here, | 我们在讨论什么 |
[14:36] | a nuclear bomb? | 核弹吗 |
[14:37] | According to Mr. Amberlin, | 据安柏林先生所说 |
[14:38] | he didn’t have enough plutonium on hand | 他手上没有足够的钚 |
[14:40] | for a full-scale nuclear weapon. | 能制造完整的核武器 |
[14:42] | Agent Kohler fears a dirty bomb. | 科勒探员担心的是脏弹 |
[14:45] | Yeah. | 对 |
[14:47] | Take a conventional explosive, you coat it with plutonium, | 在普通炸药外面裹上钚 |
[14:50] | and then you set it off. | 然后引爆它 |
[14:51] | It would spread the plutonium far and wide, | 它会把钚传播到四面八方 |
[14:54] | poison thousands of people. | 毒害成千上万的人 |
[14:55] | It would contaminate the blast area for decades. | 它会污染爆炸区域数十年 |
[14:59] | If there is a bomb out there, | 如果有这样一颗炸弹 |
[15:00] | it could be headed anywhere. | 它可能被发射到任何地方 |
[15:01] | But let’s face it, this is New York. | 我们面对现实吧 这里是纽约 |
[15:03] | Show me a terrorist who doesn’t want to bomb us. | 哪个恐怖分子不想朝我们扔炸弹 |
[15:05] | We got to assume we’re the target. | 我们得假设我们就是目标 |
[15:07] | My people have sophisticated equipment. | 我的人有精密的仪器 |
[15:08] | It might be able to detect the plutonium. | 也许能检测出钚的痕迹 |
[15:10] | So, uh, we’ll spearhead the search. | 我们先开始寻找 |
[15:14] | We’ll look into the robbery, | 我们去查盗窃案 |
[15:15] | see if we can find out who stole the plutonium, | 看看能不能找到是谁偷了钚 |
[15:17] | and maybe figure out where it went. | 也许能查到它的去向 |
[15:19] | Excuse me a moment. | 我失陪一下 |
[15:29] | – You okay? – Yeah. The, um, | -你没事吧 -没事 那个 |
[15:31] | the light in there was just bothering my eyes. | 里面的灯光有点刺眼 |
[15:35] | It’s possible I overdid it today. | 可能是我今天疲劳过度了 |
[15:38] | Let’s get you home. | 我们回家吧 |
[15:40] | Perhaps you missed the part about the potential | 也许你没听到我们要找那个 |
[15:41] | weapon of mass destruction needing to be found. | 潜在的大规模杀伤性武器 |
[15:44] | No, I didn’t. | 不 我听到了 |
[15:46] | But the next step would be to look at the traffic camera footage | 但下一步是看丢失钚的实验室 |
[15:48] | from the area around the lab | 附近区域的 |
[15:50] | where the plutonium was stolen. | 交通摄像头录像 |
[15:51] | We can look at that from home. | 我们可以在家看 |
[15:53] | You’re not doing anyone any good like this. | 你这样帮不上任何人的忙 |
[15:57] | You feeling any better? | 你感觉好点了吗 |
[15:59] | Sadly, I am not. | 很遗憾 没有 |
[16:01] | The pain is quite remarkable. | 这种疼痛非同寻常 |
[16:05] | The captain just sent over the footage | 警监刚送来了 |
[16:06] | from the night of the robbery. | 抢劫当晚的录像 |
[16:08] | I can go through it myself. | 我可以自己看 |
[16:09] | Just let me know if you need anything. | 需要什么跟我说就行了 |
[16:12] | What I could use, given that opiates are out of the question, | 现在鸦片已经不能用了 我需要的是 |
[16:15] | is a distraction | 能让我从目前的状态中 |
[16:15] | from my condition. | 转移注意力的东西 |
[16:16] | The work generally provides that, | 工作通常能起到这种作用 |
[16:19] | but as scrutinizing traffic patterns around the scene | 但既然检查现场附近的交通模式 |
[16:21] | of a robbery is not an option… | 不在选项之中 |
[16:24] | How was your lunch with Lin? | 你和琳的午餐怎么样 |
[16:26] | Actually, lunch didn’t happen. Lin had to work. | 其实午餐没吃成 琳要去工作 |
[16:28] | But before she left, she gave me a… | 但她离开之前 给了我… |
[16:30] | a letter that my father wrote. | 一封我父亲写的信 |
[16:32] | – To whom? – To me. | -给谁的 -给我 |
[16:34] | What did it say? | 上面写了什么 |
[16:35] | No clue. I threw it away. | 不知道 我把它扔了 |
[16:38] | Your long-lost father, | 你失散已久的父亲 |
[16:39] | who is a virtual stranger to you, wrote you a missive, | 基本上对你是个陌生人 给你写了封信 |
[16:42] | and you threw it away? | 你却扔了吗 |
[16:44] | The last time I got a letter from my father was in college. | 我上一次收到父亲的信是大学时 |
[16:47] | It was a dozen pages long and in Chinese. | 信有好几页 还是中文写的 |
[16:49] | I spent hours trying to read it, and then I realized | 我花了几个小时试着读 然后我发现 |
[16:51] | it didn’t make sense in any language. | 在任何语法下都讲不通 |
[16:54] | His schizophrenia? | 因为精神分裂症吗 |
[16:55] | Yeah, it was sad and disturbing. | 是的 很悲哀也很吓人 |
[16:59] | I didn’t want to put myself through it again. | 我不想再经历那一切了 |
[17:00] | But you know what? I felt bad for Lin. | 但你知道吗 我为琳感到难过 |
[17:02] | I mean, she had so many good years with him. | 她和他相处了那么多年 |
[17:04] | He stayed on his meds back then. | 那时候他还在继续吃药 |
[17:05] | And then, seeing that letter, and realizing | 然后她看到那封信 发现 |
[17:08] | that he remembered me, but not her… | 他记得我 却不记得她 |
[17:11] | You know, I could see that it hurt her. | 我能看出这让她很受伤 |
[17:14] | Spotted something? | 发现什么了吗 |
[17:16] | – What? – Spotted something in the footage? | -什么 -录像里发现什么了吗 |
[17:19] | – How did…? – I’m blind. I’m not deaf. | -你怎么… -我看不到 但没聋 |
[17:20] | Your breathing changed. What did you see? | 你的呼吸变化了 你看到什么了 |
[17:22] | Do you remember that article | 你还记得有篇文章 |
[17:24] | about the express delivery companies | 说快递公司 |
[17:25] | using software to optimize their drivers’ routes? | 用软件来优化快递员的路径吗 |
[17:28] | Yes. | 记得 |
[17:29] | Well, there’s a whole section about | 里边有一大段在说 |
[17:30] | how they avoid making left turns to save time and fuel. | 他们怎么避免左转来节约时间和汽油 |
[17:33] | I just saw an express | 我刚看到 |
[17:34] | delivery van making a left turn | 一辆快递车左转了 |
[17:36] | at 127th Street and 20th at 3:00 a.M. | 凌晨三点 在127号与20号大道路口 |
[17:40] | on the night of the robbery. | 就在抢劫当晚 |
[17:41] | The late hour | 相当晚的时间 |
[17:42] | and the inefficient left are suspicious. | 和低效的左转确实可疑 |
[17:46] | Can you make out the van’s serial number? | 你能看清车的序号吗 |
[17:51] | Kohler said we should keep our distance | 科勒说我们应该保持距离 |
[17:53] | till he gives the all-clear. | 等他给个安全的信号 |
[17:55] | You said the van was stolen and then recovered. | 你说车被偷了之后又被找到了 |
[17:58] | Here’s the company report. | 这是公司的报告 |
[18:00] | Stolen out on Long Island, | 在长岛被偷 |
[18:01] | and found looted and abandoned two days later in New Jersey. | 两天后被洗劫干净扔到了新泽西 |
[18:05] | Well, if our suspicions are correct, | 如果我们的猜测正确 |
[18:06] | the looting was a cover, and the van was the actual objective. | 抢劫是掩饰 车其实才是目标 |
[18:10] | Well, the point is, the company didn’t think much of it. | 重点是 公司没有想太多 |
[18:13] | When something like this happens, | 当这种事发生后 |
[18:14] | they just reclaim the truck, | 他们就直接要回车 |
[18:16] | put it back in service soon as they can. | 尽快把它送回前线 |
[18:18] | If this one was used to transport the plutonium, | 如果这辆车真被用来运送过钚元素 |
[18:20] | then it’s a good thing you spotted it when you did, | 那被你发现真是太庆幸了 |
[18:22] | ’cause they were gonna wash it and get it back out there today. | 因为他们正准备今天洗完之后就派出去 |
[18:25] | I’m detecting radiation. | 我在检测辐射 |
[18:26] | Beg your pardon? | 你说什么 |
[18:28] | She downloaded an app last night | 她昨晚下载了一个应用 |
[18:29] | that turns her phone into a Geiger counter. | 把她的手机变成了盖革计数器 |
[18:32] | For real? | 真的吗 |
[18:33] | It works through the camera. | 这是通过摄像头工作的 |
[18:34] | You have to cover the lens with foil. | 你得用锡箔遮住摄像头 |
[18:36] | I’m not sure if I’m reading it right. | 我不知道我看得对不对 |
[18:37] | You are. May I? | 是对的 能给我吗 |
[18:40] | This indicates alpha particles. | 这表示的是阿尔法粒子 |
[18:43] | My guys got a lot stronger readings | 我们的人在车后面 |
[18:44] | around the back of the truck. | 读到了更高的指数 |
[18:45] | It’s a sure sign that there was some plutonium inside. | 可以肯定里面有钚元素了 |
[18:48] | – Is it safe to approach? – Not enough radiation | -可以靠近了吗 -如果是短时间暴露 |
[18:50] | to be dangerous with a short exposure. | 辐射量不足以造成伤害 |
[18:53] | Shall we? | 我们走吧 |
[18:54] | Well, I want to have kids some day. | 我以后还想要孩子呢 |
[18:56] | But you go, tell us what you find. | 不过你去吧 告诉我们你找到了什么 |
[19:02] | The report includes mileage logs, | 报告里有里程数 |
[19:04] | so we know exactly how far the van went | 所以我们知道车在被偷后 |
[19:06] | after it was stolen. | 走了多远 |
[19:08] | It’s enough distance to account for | 总共的路程足够让车 |
[19:10] | driving from the point of its theft to Amberlin’s lab, | 从被偷的地点开到安柏林的实验室 |
[19:13] | and then to the place where it was abandoned, | 然后再到被遗弃的地点 |
[19:15] | about 16 miles to spare. | 之后还剩下25公里 |
[19:17] | Yeah, obviously, they must have taken a detour | 显然 他们绕了一下路 |
[19:19] | to drop off the plutonium along the way. | 在中途卸下了钚 |
[19:22] | There’s a good amount of gravel stuck in the tire treads, | 车胎上有不少的沙石 |
[19:24] | but the route from where the van was stolen | 但是从车被偷的地点 |
[19:26] | to where it was found is entirely paved. | 到被找到的地方都是铺好的路 |
[19:29] | So, you think it picked up the gravel during the detour? | 所以你觉得是在绕路的时候沾上的沙石吗 |
[19:33] | Yeah, the composition of this gravel is, | 这个沙石的组成看起来 |
[19:35] | I believe, consistent with that | 我相信会与 |
[19:36] | used by the Department of Public Works in Somerset County. | 萨默塞特县公共工程部所使用的一样 |
[19:40] | If you want to find your missing plutonium, | 如果你想找到你失踪的钚 |
[19:42] | I suggest you check properties along the gravel roads | 我建议你去检查碎石路周边的设施 |
[19:45] | near Bedminster, New Jersey. | 靠近新泽西 贝德明斯特 |
[19:55] | House belongs to Hayden Wischer. | 房子是海登·维舍的 |
[19:57] | He’s on parole. | 他正在保释中 |
[19:57] | Served seven years for making homemade bombs | 因为给当地大麻农场 |
[20:00] | and land mines for local pot farms. | 制作手工炸弹与地雷被判了七年 |
[20:02] | Might be a coincidence that a known bomb-maker | 也许一名已知是炸弹制造者的人 |
[20:04] | lives in the same area where someone may have stashed a supply | 住在一个或许有人藏匿被偷钚元素的区域 |
[20:06] | of stolen plutonium, but I tend to doubt it. | 只是巧合 但我挺怀疑的 |
[20:09] | Any sign of this Wischer guy? | 找到这个维舍了吗 |
[20:11] | Not yet. No one’s seen him for a few days. | 还没有 已经好几天没人见过他了 |
[20:13] | There’s no radiation in the house, | 房子里没有辐射 |
[20:15] | but my guys got a hit in the driveway. | 但我们的人在车道上找到了迹象 |
[20:16] | Could be naturally-occurring, | 可能是自然产生的 |
[20:17] | but I think we’re in the right place. | 但我觉得我们的方向是正确的 |
[20:19] | Where’s your other consultant? | 你的另一位顾问呢 |
[20:21] | I asked everyone to stay put | 我叫所有人都待在原地 |
[20:22] | till we cleared the area. | 直到我们检查完区域 |
[20:23] | She was trying to call Wischer’s parole officer. | 她想联络维舍的保释官 |
[20:26] | Couldn’t get a signal, so… | 但找不到信号 所以… |
[20:27] | Guys, you got to see this. | 各位 你们得来看看这个 |
[20:31] | So I was trying to get a clear signal | 我想找个信号好的地方 |
[20:33] | when my Geiger app went off. | 然后我的盖革应用响了 |
[20:35] | Gets stronger the deeper you go into the woods. | 越往林子深处走越强 |
[20:39] | May I? | 能给我吗 |
[20:42] | Alpha particles. | 阿尔法粒子 |
[20:43] | Still within safety margins, but barely. | 还在安全界限内 但快超标了 |
[20:46] | I need a team to my location. | 请派一个小队到我这 |
[20:47] | The plutonium may be in the woods. | 钚可能在林子里 |
[20:49] | Not in the woods. | 不在林子里 |
[20:51] | Under them. | 在下面 |
[20:58] | Looks like some kind of a bunker. | 看着像个地下掩体 |
[21:10] | You were right about Wischer. | 维舍的事你说对了 |
[21:11] | He was using the bunker as his workshop. | 他把这个地下掩体当作工作室 |
[21:13] | No sign of the plutonium, but it’s pretty damn obvious | 没看到钚 但是非常明显 |
[21:15] | he built an explosive device | 他大概在上周的某个时候 |
[21:17] | sometime within the last week or so. | 造了一个引爆装置 |
[21:18] | Unfortunately, it’s gone. | 糟糕的是 装置不见了 |
[21:21] | Well, we got to find Wischer. | 我们得找到维舍 |
[21:22] | Get him to tell us who he built it for and where it went. | 让他说出是给谁造的以及东西哪去了 |
[21:24] | That’s not gonna happen. | 不可能了 |
[21:26] | Wischer’s dead. Shot through the eye. | 维舍已经死了 穿眼爆头 |
[21:28] | I guess whoever he was working for | 我猜测雇他工作的那个人 |
[21:30] | didn’t want any loose ends. | 不想留任何活口 |
[21:32] | May I? | 我看看 |
[21:38] | Look at the tattoo. | 看那个纹身 |
[21:41] | “88” is prison gang code. | “88”是监狱帮派代码 |
[21:44] | “H” Is the eighth letter | “H”是字母表中的 |
[21:45] | of the alphabet. | 第八个字母 |
[21:46] | So two eights stands for “H.H.” | 所以两个8代表了”H.H” |
[21:48] | As in “Heil, Hitler.” | 也就是”希特勒万岁” |
[21:50] | That’s great. | 这下好了 |
[21:51] | Our guy wasn’t just a bomb-maker, | 我们的嫌犯不仅是个造炸弹的 |
[21:53] | he was in a white power gang. | 还是个白人权力帮派成员 |
[21:55] | Watson, does your phone | 华生 你的手机 |
[21:56] | also have an app for locating white supremacists? | 有定位白人至上主义者的应用吗 |
[21:58] | Because a group of them may now be in possession of a dirty bomb, | 因为其中的一伙人可能拥有脏弹 |
[22:01] | and our best hope of finding them | 而最可能让我找到他的人 |
[22:02] | has a bullet in his brain. | 脑子已经中了一颗子弹 |
[22:12] | According to prison officials, while he was inside, | 据监狱官员所说 维舍在监狱时 |
[22:14] | Wischer was a member of the Pure Aryan Independent Nation, | 是纯雅利安人独立民族的一员 |
[22:18] | A.K.A. PAIN. | 又名 纯雅独族 |
[22:20] | Now, he told the parole board he only joined PAIN for protection, | 他告诉假释官 他加入纯雅独族 |
[22:23] | and that he would be done with them once he was out. | 只是为了自保 一旦出狱就断绝关系 |
[22:25] | No one’s ever done with a prison gang. | 谁也别想跟监狱帮派断绝关系 |
[22:28] | They promise you protection while you’re locked up, | 他们在你被关起来的时候给你保护 |
[22:30] | and then force you to work for them for the rest of your life. | 然后逼迫你余生都为他们工作 |
[22:33] | This gang– how extremist are they? | 这个帮派有多极端 |
[22:36] | Well, they’re part of the so-called | 他们是所谓的 |
[22:37] | Christian Identity movement. | 基督徒身份教派运动的一部分 |
[22:39] | They preach that all non-whites | 他们宣扬所有的非白种人 |
[22:41] | need to be exterminated to usher in a new heavenly kingdom on Earth. | 都应灭绝 引领世界成为新的天上人间 |
[22:45] | So, basically, the American equivalent of the Taliban. | 基本上相当于美国塔利班 |
[22:48] | Now they have a weapon of mass destruction. | 现在他们有一个大规模杀伤武器 |
[22:51] | Or… | 或者… |
[22:51] | they rented out their bomb-maker | 他们把做炸弹的人租给别人 |
[22:53] | to build the thing for someone else. | 做一些别人需要的东西 |
[22:56] | Either way, prison gangs like PAIN have a strict hierarchy. | 不管怎样 这样的监狱帮派等级制度森严 |
[23:00] | Something like a terrorist attack | 类似恐怖袭击的事情 |
[23:01] | would have to be approved by senior leadership. | 是必须经过高层领导批准的 |
[23:04] | Think you’re talking about this guy. | 我觉得你说的是这个人 |
[23:07] | Colm Frick is PAIN’s top shot-caller. | 科尔姆·弗里克是纯雅独族的高级决策者 |
[23:10] | Unlike a lot of prison gang leaders, | 和许多监狱帮派的头目不同 |
[23:12] | he’s on the outside. | 他在监狱外面 |
[23:13] | Served 20 years for manslaughter, | 曾因过失杀人服刑20年 |
[23:15] | got paroled about two years ago. | 大约两年前假释 |
[23:17] | Unfortunately, he’s in the wind. | 不幸的是 这个人杳无音信 |
[23:18] | Absconded as soon as he got out. | 一出狱就潜逃了 |
[23:20] | There’s been a warrant out for his arrest ever since. | 从那时起就有逮捕他的通缉令 |
[23:22] | Safe bet he’s either planning to use the bomb himself, | 我敢打赌他要么自己想用炸弹 |
[23:25] | or he knows who is. | 要么他知道谁要用 |
[23:27] | Much as I’d like to help you find this guy, | 虽然我很愿意帮你们找到这个家伙 |
[23:30] | I have a meeting at the Joint Operations Center, | 但我在联合作战中心有个会 |
[23:32] | to start preparing for large-scale evacuations, | 要着手准备大范围疏散 |
[23:34] | potential mass casualties. | 避免可能发生的大规模伤亡 |
[23:37] | All the nightmare possibilities. | 各种噩梦般的可能性 |
[23:39] | We’ll take care of Frick. | 我们来负责弗里克 |
[23:41] | Hopefully, we can grab him before the bomb goes off. | 希望我们能在炸弹爆炸前抓到他 |
[23:44] | Hope for the best. | 抱最好的希望 |
[23:45] | Prepare for the worst. | 做最坏的准备 |
[23:51] | That’s the rest of it. | 这是剩余的部分 |
[23:55] | Portrait of a hate-filled idiot. | 满腔愤怒的蠢货的肖像 |
[23:57] | I don’t know how this guy ended up in charge of anything. | 我不知道这家伙是怎么爬上高位的 |
[23:59] | He’s a high school dropout | 高中辍学 |
[24:00] | and his whole life is a rap sheet. | 犯罪记录就是他的一生 |
[24:02] | Well, you only have to be the brightest bulb of a dim lot. | 只要你是一堆矮子里的大高个就行 |
[24:05] | Racist ideology mostly attracts failures and reprobates. | 种族主义意识形态大多吸引失败者和恶棍 |
[24:08] | Gives them a sense of elevation | 能给他们一种 |
[24:09] | that they cannot otherwise justify. | 无法从别处得到的优越感 |
[24:12] | Any luck, we’ll find something which sets him apart | 幸运的话 我们能找出他和他的 |
[24:14] | from his fellow dullards. | 笨蛋同伙间的区别 |
[24:16] | The better to track him by… | 追踪他最好是用… |
[24:19] | something like this, for example. | 类似这种的东西 |
[24:22] | A list of confiscated items from… Frick’s cell. | 从弗里克牢房没收的物品清单 |
[24:26] | Most notably, | 最显眼的 |
[24:28] | several dozen 15-millimeter figurines | 几十个15毫米大小的 |
[24:30] | of Napoleonic-era soldiers, | 拿破仑时代士兵小雕像 |
[24:32] | along with various paints and brushes. | 还有各种颜料和刷子 |
[24:35] | He paints toy soldiers? | 他给玩具士兵刷漆吗 |
[24:36] | More than paints, I suspect. | 我怀疑 不只是刷漆那么简单 |
[24:38] | Miniatures of that type are painted for a purpose. | 给那种微型雕像刷漆肯定有目的 |
[24:40] | I think Frick is a tabletop wargamer. | 我认为弗里克是桌面野战游戏爱好者 |
[24:45] | In this particular brand of wargaming, | 在这种特定的野战游戏里 |
[24:47] | enthusiasts use painted miniatures to refight | 狂热爱好者会用带颜色的微型雕像 |
[24:49] | historical battles. | 重现历史性战役 |
[24:50] | Frick went to great lengths to maintain his hobby | 尽管弗里克的小雕像 颜料和胶水 |
[24:53] | while he was in prison, despite the fact | 在监狱里都是违禁品 |
[24:54] | that his figurines, paints and glue were all contraband. | 弗里克仍不遗余力地保持着他的爱好 |
[24:57] | I doubt he would abandon it now he’s in hiding. | 我怀疑他潜逃时也不会放弃爱好 |
[25:03] | Well, these figurines seem pretty specialized. | 这些小雕像似乎非常专业 |
[25:06] | I mean, there can’t be that many places you can buy them. | 不是那种随便在哪都能买到的 |
[25:08] | In the morning, we will contact the relevant hobby shops, | 明早我们去联系相关的专卖店 |
[25:10] | and see if they have any customers matching | 看看他们是否有与弗里克的特征 |
[25:12] | Frick’s description. Meanwhile, | 相符的客户 同时 |
[25:13] | I think we should check wargaming websites, | 我认为我们应该查一查野战游戏网站 |
[25:15] | message boards. | 留言板 |
[25:16] | It’s possible he appears in photographs | 很有可能他会出现在 |
[25:18] | taken at tournaments. | 锦标赛的照片里 |
[25:21] | I don’t think you should be working on the computer. | 我认为你不应该在电脑前工作 |
[25:23] | You don’t want to trigger another headache. | 你可不想再引发头痛 |
[25:24] | So far, all is well. | 目前情况还不错 |
[25:26] | That’s the blessing and the curse | 这是间歇性病症的 |
[25:28] | of a condition with intermittent symptoms. | 恩赐和诅咒 |
[25:30] | There are good days and there are bad days. | 情况会时好时坏 |
[25:32] | So far, today has been a good day. | 目前为止 今天状况良好 |
[25:35] | Which reminds me… | 这提醒了我 |
[25:40] | Your father’s letter. | 你父亲的信 |
[25:41] | I think he wrote it on one of his good days. | 我觉得他是在状况好的时候写的 |
[25:44] | I threw that away for a reason. | 我丢掉它是有原因的 |
[25:46] | You did. | 的确 |
[25:47] | But if you were resolved not to read it, | 但如果不打算看的话 |
[25:49] | why not put it in your shredder instead of the trash? | 你怎么不把它丢进碎纸机而是垃圾桶呢 |
[25:52] | Alternately, there are several fireplaces in this house. | 另外家里还有几个壁炉 |
[25:55] | You could easily have turned it to ash. | 你可以轻而易举地把它烧成灰 |
[25:57] | Maybe I’m just lazy. | 可能我只是懒 |
[25:59] | You most assuredly are not. | 你肯定不懒 |
[26:02] | In this case, | 这样的话 |
[26:03] | I suspect you were leaving yourself room to reconsider. | 我觉得你是给自己留重新考虑的空间 |
[26:06] | It was a good instinct; I advise you to follow it. | 这个直觉挺好的 我建议你跟着直觉走 |
[26:22] | Watson. | 华生 |
[26:24] | You said that you thought that my father wrote that letter | 你说你觉得我父亲是在状况好的时候 |
[26:27] | on a good day. Why? | 写的信 为什么这么说 |
[26:29] | While I did not open it, | 虽然我没有打开 |
[26:31] | it was clear that it is a brief missive. | 很这明显是一封简短的训诫 |
[26:35] | Just a few hundred Chinese characters | 只有几百个中文字 |
[26:36] | neatly printed on a single sheet of paper. | 整洁地印在一张纸上 |
[26:39] | And given my current difficulties, | 鉴于我现在的状况 |
[26:41] | I can appreciate how much self-discipline | 我能明白要让你父亲这种情况的男人 |
[26:43] | it would take a man in your father’s condition | 写出如此言简意赅的信件 |
[26:45] | to write something so succinct. | 需要多少自制力 |
[26:51] | Okay, so he worked hard on it. | 好吧 所以他在这封信上下了功夫 |
[26:53] | I mean, it could be more craziness. | 可能是他更疯狂的时候 |
[26:55] | Unlikely. | 不可能 |
[26:56] | The envelope was resting beneath the letter as he wrote it. | 他在写信的时候信封就在信纸下面 |
[26:59] | From the impressions thereon, | 从上面的印记来看 |
[27:01] | it’s clear that he penned several drafts. | 很明显他打了几次草稿 |
[27:03] | So? | 所以呢 |
[27:05] | So, from my experience, | 所以就我的经验来看 |
[27:07] | one rarely edits when in the throes of madness. | 一个人在精神失常的边缘很少会编辑 |
[27:09] | The madman perceives | 一个疯子会觉得 |
[27:11] | his every written word to be vital. | 他写的每个字都很重要 |
[27:13] | That letter was written by someone | 这封信是一个 |
[27:15] | in control of their faculties, at least temporarily. | 至少暂时有自控力的人写的 |
[27:19] | But you already knew that. | 但你已经知道了 |
[27:22] | I did? | 我知道吗 |
[27:23] | You’re too fine a detective to have missed it. | 你是个出色的侦探 你不可能没注意到 |
[27:27] | Then why did I throw the letter away? | 那我为什么还是扔了它呢 |
[27:29] | If I had to guess, I’d say that you were worried | 如果一定要我猜 我觉得你是担心 |
[27:31] | it was an attempt at rapprochement | 这是一个你已经忽视的人 |
[27:33] | from a man that you had already dismissed. | 在企图对你示好 |
[27:35] | You were afraid to reopen old wounds. | 你很害怕会重新揭开那些伤口 |
[27:38] | And what’s wrong with that? | 那有什么不好 |
[27:40] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[27:42] | But you are a detective. | 但你是个侦探 |
[27:45] | And that letter is the final clue | 这封信是最后一条 |
[27:47] | in your lifelong personal mystery. | 关于你人生谜团的线索 |
[27:49] | It might confirm your theories about your father, | 这可能会确认你对父亲的猜测 |
[27:52] | it might force you to reevaluate. | 可能会逼你重新审视 |
[27:55] | But it is evidence, nonetheless, and… | 但这是也是证据 而且… |
[27:58] | A good detective must never ignore the evidence. | 一个好侦探不能忽视任何证据 |
[28:11] | Well… | 好吧 |
[28:14] | We have a bomb to find. | 我们还要找一个炸弹 |
[28:18] | The letter can wait. | 这封信可以等等 |
[28:27] | I guess playing in that tournament was a bad idea. | 参加锦标赛真不是个好主意 |
[28:31] | In hindsight. | 回头来看的话 |
[28:32] | So was holding back your cavalry | 直到来不及的时候 |
[28:34] | until far too late in the battle. | 才放出你的骑兵也是 |
[28:35] | You missed a golden opportunity | 你失去了 |
[28:36] | to override your opponent’s artillery. | 战胜敌方炮兵的黄金机会 |
[28:38] | Probably should’ve gotten rid of those racist tattoos, too. | 或许还应该去掉那些种族歧视的纹身 |
[28:41] | One look at those tells us you’re Colm Frick, | 有人看到了 告诉我们你是科尔姆·弗里克 |
[28:44] | no matter what you’re calling yourself these days. | 无论你现在管自己叫什么 |
[28:46] | This seems like a-a lot of fuss over a parole violation. | 只是违反保释条例 这看起来太小题大做了吧 |
[28:50] | This is about a hell of a lot more than that. | 这绝对比那严重得多 |
[28:54] | You remember Hayden Wischer? | 你还记得海登·维舍吗 |
[28:58] | Someone killed him? | 有人杀了他吗 |
[29:02] | Well it wasn’t me. I can tell you that. | 我跟你们保证 不是我 |
[29:04] | Nobody I know, either. | 也不是我认识的人 |
[29:06] | Just supposed to take your word on that? | 我就应该这样相信你吗 |
[29:09] | Or use some damn sense. | 你用脑子想想 |
[29:11] | I would never kill Wischer. | 我绝不会杀了维舍 |
[29:12] | He made me and my friends too much money. | 他替我和我的朋友挣了很多钱 |
[29:14] | Building bombs? | 靠造炸弹吗 |
[29:15] | Selling phones. | 靠卖手机 |
[29:18] | He was smart. He knew how to… | 他很聪明 他知道怎么 |
[29:20] | to take things apart, and put them back together. | 把东西拆开 再装回去 |
[29:22] | Things like cell phones. | 比如手机 |
[29:24] | Precious commodity in prison. | 监狱里的珍贵商品 |
[29:27] | Wischer could break them down into smaller parts | 维舍可以把它们拆成很小的零件 |
[29:30] | and modify them so they’d snap back together without any tools. | 然后调整一下 不用任何工具就能拼起来 |
[29:34] | We got them inside one piece at a time, | 零件一次一块地被送进来 |
[29:35] | and snap, snap, snap. | 然后拼 拼 拼 |
[29:38] | Presto. Profit. | 变 利益就来了 |
[29:41] | So why the hell would I put a bullet in his head, huh? | 所以我为什么要杀了他 |
[29:43] | Maybe because you didn’t want anyone to know | 或许是因为你不想让别人知道 |
[29:45] | that he’d built you a dirty bomb. | 他给你造了一枚脏弹 |
[29:48] | A what? | 一枚什么 |
[29:49] | A conventional explosive coated with stolen plutonium. | 一枚用偷来的钚包裹的传统爆炸物 |
[29:53] | A weapon of mass destruction. | 具有巨大破坏力的武器 |
[29:55] | You… | 你 |
[29:56] | You think I’m planning a terrorist attack? | 你们觉得我在策划恐怖袭击 |
[30:00] | You don’t get it. | 你们不明白 |
[30:03] | All these tattoos, | 这些纹身 |
[30:04] | the-the white pride stuff, it’s just… | 这种白人骄傲的东西只是 |
[30:07] | it’s a scam. | 骗人的 |
[30:08] | To keep all the foot soldiers in line. | 是为了让手下能服我 |
[30:11] | To get the white prison guards on our side. | 为了能让白人狱卒站在我们这边 |
[30:13] | So, you honestly expect us to believe | 所以你真的指望我们相信 |
[30:15] | that you are not a racist? | 你不是种族主义者 |
[30:17] | The only color me and the other PAIN leaders | 我和其他纯雅独族的领袖真正在意的颜色 |
[30:20] | really care about is green. | 是绿色[钱] |
[30:22] | Money from drugs, | 通过毒品 |
[30:23] | contraband, extortion, protection. | 走私 勒索 保护费得来的钱 |
[30:25] | Mostly, we get away with it. | 主要是我们能全身而退 |
[30:27] | Now, we set off a dirty bomb, | 现在我们引爆一枚脏弹 |
[30:29] | we’d be public enemy number one. | 我们就成了全民第一公敌 |
[30:31] | The feds would tear us apart. | 联调局的人会粉碎我们的 |
[30:34] | If no one in PAIN had Wischer build a bomb, | 如果纯雅独族和维舍没有造炸弹 |
[30:35] | who do you think did? | 你觉得是谁做的 |
[30:37] | Could be anybody. | 可能是任何人 |
[30:39] | Those pot farmers he used to hang out with, | 他曾经来往的那些种大麻的 |
[30:41] | they were a bunch of nutjobs. | 都是疯子 |
[30:44] | And there’s the Euros. | 还有欧洲佬 |
[30:46] | Euros? | 欧洲佬 |
[30:47] | A few weeks back, um, lieutenant of mine, | 几周前 我的一个手下 |
[30:50] | he gets approached by a couple of Europeans. | 有一群欧洲人接触他 |
[30:51] | He said they were slick, tall, expensive suits. | 他说他们都西装笔挺 人高马大 |
[30:55] | They wanted a bomb. | 他们想要一枚炸弹 |
[30:57] | Nothing nuclear, | 不是核武器 |
[30:58] | just something to blow up a car, you know. | 只是炸炸车 |
[31:00] | My boys set up a meeting with Wischer, | 我的人安排了跟维舍面谈 |
[31:03] | the Europeans, they didn’t show. | 但那帮欧洲人没露面 |
[31:05] | We figured they must’ve… got cold feet. | 我们以为他们临阵退缩了 |
[31:08] | Or maybe they already got what they wanted: | 或是他们已经得到自己想要的了 |
[31:11] | the name of your bomb-maker. | 给你制造炸弹的那个人的名字 |
[31:21] | You think he was lying? | 你觉得他在说谎吗 |
[31:23] | Prison gangs come in every size and color, | 监狱里的黑帮成员身材肤色各异 |
[31:25] | but they all preach some version of “Lie or die.” | 但他们都鼓吹”要么说谎要么死” |
[31:28] | You get interrogated, you don’t tell the truth. | 受审时候不说真话 |
[31:30] | Sounds like PAIN has two sets of rules, | 听上去纯雅独族有两套制度 |
[31:32] | one for rank and file and another for leadership. | 一套普通成员制度和一套领导制度 |
[31:34] | Frick is despicable, but I’m inclined to believe him. | 弗里克很卑鄙 但我相信他的话 |
[31:37] | Because of his story about some European bomb shoppers? | 因为他嘴里那些买炸弹的欧洲人吗 |
[31:40] | Because earlier today, | 因为今天早些时候 |
[31:41] | I reviewed the footage that we found of his wargaming play. | 我仔细看了他那场野战游戏的录像 |
[31:44] | He never goes for the big, splashy victory. | 他从不大肆进攻 耀武扬威 |
[31:46] | Instead, he carefully preserves his units, | 反而小心地保存实力 |
[31:48] | often sacrificing important game objectives to avoid casualties. | 经常舍弃重要游戏角色来避免无谓的牺牲 |
[31:53] | It’s the exact opposite of a terrorist mentality. | 这跟恐怖分子的思维正相反 |
[31:55] | I think his claim regarding the Europeans | 我觉得他说的那些欧洲人 |
[31:56] | is-is worth looking into. | 值得深究 |
[31:58] | Frick give you anything? | 弗里克说什么了吗 |
[32:00] | We were just trying to figure that out. | 我们正在研究 |
[32:02] | Well, unless you got something actionable, | 除非有了可以起诉的证据 |
[32:04] | I need you in the bullpen. | 否则我需要你们去支援 |
[32:05] | We just got a credible threat. | 刚收到一个威胁电话 |
[32:06] | A woman called 911 from a pay phone, | 有名女性用公用电话拨打911 |
[32:08] | said she knew some men | 说她知道有人 |
[32:09] | who were gonna blow up a New York City mosque. | 要炸纽约清真寺 |
[32:10] | She wouldn’t leave her information, | 她不肯留联系方式 |
[32:11] | but the device she described | 但她描述的爆破装置 |
[32:13] | sounded a lot like a dirty bomb. | 很像脏弹 |
[32:15] | According to her, they hid it in a taxi cab | 她说他们把炸弹藏在一辆出租车里 |
[32:17] | and they plan to attack today. | 计划今天行动 |
[32:18] | The Department’s Security coordination Center | 安全协调中心 |
[32:21] | is streaming us footage from surveillance cameras | 在给我们显示市内清真寺 |
[32:23] | near mosques and Muslim community centers all over the city. | 和穆斯林社区周围的监控录像 |
[32:26] | I need every eyeball on a monitor. | 我要所有人都好好盯着屏幕 |
[32:31] | Captain, I’ve got my teams deployed, | 警监 我的人已经准备好了 |
[32:34] | but we don’t have enough mobile radiation detectors | 但我们的手机辐射探测器不够 |
[32:36] | to cover 14,000 taxis and a few hundred mosques. | 监测14000辆出租车和几百座清真寺 |
[32:40] | Hopefully you’ll get lucky. | 有可能 你们会交到好运 |
[32:42] | Or they will. | 或者他们可以 |
[32:48] | Nothing. Nothing. | 没有异常 没有 |
[32:51] | Nothing. | 没有 |
[32:53] | How’s your head? | 你的脑袋怎么样 |
[32:54] | Still attached to my body and not in the least bit irradiated. | 还在我脖子上 没受一点辐射 |
[32:57] | I’d very much like to keep it that way. | 我打算保持现状 |
[32:59] | I got something. | 我有发现 |
[33:04] | This cab. It’s got its “Available” Number lit, | 这辆车 明明亮着空车灯 |
[33:07] | but it’s passed a dozen potential fares. | 却驶过十多个要打车的人身边而不拉客 |
[33:09] | And it’s been circling this mosque in Midtown. | 一直在市中心这家清真寺周围转悠 |
[33:16] | Can you zoom in? | 能放大吗 |
[33:28] | That’s got to be our guy. | 肯定是他了 |
[33:30] | We have to evacuate that entire area. | 得疏散那片区域的人 |
[33:34] | Tell ESU to get down to that mosque. | 派特警队过去 |
[33:36] | Listen up, everybody! | 全体注意 |
[33:38] | We’re going straight to a level two mobilization! | 进入二级动员状态 |
[33:41] | You know what to do. | 你们知道该干什么 |
[33:56] | Before you leave, I-I’d like to review | 你走之前 我想再看一遍 |
[33:58] | all the footage of this area from the last hour or so. | 那附近过去一个多小时的监控录像 |
[34:01] | Particularly Camera 55-103. | 尤其是55-103号机的录像 |
[34:04] | What is it? You think I got the wrong cab? | 怎么了 你觉得我找错车了 |
[34:06] | Not at all. | 并不是 |
[34:07] | But I think there’s more going on than meets the eye. | 但我觉得这事不止表象那么简单 |
[34:09] | More than a WMD? | 比大规模杀伤性武器还严重 |
[34:11] | Camera 55-103. | 调55-103号机的录像 |
[34:25] | – Sir. – Thanks. | -长官 -谢谢 |
[34:28] | – Can I have a word? – Uh, make it quick. | -我能说两句吗 -长话短说 |
[34:30] | – I got to get to Midtown. – You do. | -我得赶去市中心 -是的 |
[34:32] | But I don’t think you’ll be needing that. | 但你用不着那个 |
[34:34] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢 |
[34:35] | Based on video footage of the area, | 根据那里的监控来看 |
[34:36] | while there may well be a bomb inside the cab | 马库斯发现的那辆车里 |
[34:38] | that Marcus spotted, | 可能有炸弹 |
[34:39] | I’m quite certain it’s not a dirty bomb. | 但我十分确定那不是脏弹 |
[34:42] | – And how can you know that? – Simple logic. | -你怎么知道 -道理很简单 |
[34:44] | The men who’ve been planning this day, | 谋划这次行动的人 |
[34:45] | the ones who put the cab there, | 把车开到那附近 |
[34:46] | they won’t want to be exposed to plutonium | 但他们不可能希望在犯罪过程中 |
[34:48] | while they’re committing their crime. | 受到钚的辐射 |
[34:49] | It is not a terrorist attack. It’s a heist. | 那辆车不是要发动恐袭 是要抢劫 |
[35:14] | Don’t move. | 别动 |
[35:16] | Open the case. | 打开 |
[35:18] | Open it. | 打开 |
[35:53] | Police! Drop your weapons! | 警察 放下武器 |
[35:56] | Drop it! | 放下武器 |
[36:01] | Obviously, you know about the bomb outside. | 显然你们知道外面有个炸弹 |
[36:05] | Let us go, | 放我们走 |
[36:08] | or I will trigger it and poison the entire city. | 不然我就引爆炸弹 毒害整个城市 |
[36:11] | We know the bomb isn’t radioactive. | 我们知道那炸弹没有辐射性 |
[36:14] | You try to set it off, | 你敢引爆 |
[36:16] | the only people who are gonna die today are you and your men. | 死的只能是你和你的同伙 |
[36:21] | Your choice. | 你自己选 |
[36:35] | Once the bomb squad defused the device, | 拆弹小组解除炸弹以后 |
[36:37] | my guys were able to confirm that it wasn’t a dirty bomb, | 我的人确认了那不是脏弹 |
[36:40] | just a conventional explosive. | 只是枚普通的炸弹 |
[36:42] | It was a bluff, like you said. | 就像你说的 是虚张声势 |
[36:44] | The thieves didn’t need an actual dirty bomb | 这帮贼不需要真正的脏弹 |
[36:46] | to pull off their heist, merely the appearance of one. | 来实施抢劫 只想制造这种假象 |
[36:48] | Getting us to evacuate those buildings | 让我们疏散大楼 |
[36:50] | let them walk right into the offices | 好让他们长驱直入 |
[36:52] | of an international diamond cartel | 到国际钻石品牌总部 |
[36:54] | and scoop up $300 million in diamonds. | 铲走价值两千万的钻石 |
[36:58] | That’s what I don’t understand. | 这我就不明白了 |
[36:59] | How did you know that the bomb was-was just a distraction? | 你怎么知道那枚炸弹是为了声东击西 |
[37:03] | It was easier to know it than to explain how I knew it. | 想明白很容易 解释起来却很难 |
[37:06] | If you were asked to prove | 要是让你证明 |
[37:07] | that two and two made four, you might find some difficulty. | 二加二等于四 你就该觉得难了 |
[37:10] | And yet you are sure of the fact. | 然而你还是很确定这个事实 |
[37:12] | Bottom line is, there were too many things that didn’t add up. | 总之就是有太多地方前后矛盾 |
[37:14] | For one, why bomb a mosque on a Wednesday afternoon, | 其一 为什么要在周三下午炸一座 |
[37:17] | when there’s almost no one there? | 几乎没有人的清真寺 |
[37:18] | I was trying to puzzle that out | 在试图解开这个谜题时 |
[37:19] | when I noticed the next inconsistency, | 我注意到了又一个矛盾点 |
[37:21] | the Dutch Reach. | 荷氏开门法 |
[37:22] | The Dutch Reach? | 荷氏开门法 |
[37:23] | When our false cabby exited his vehicle, | 当我们这位假出租司机下车时 |
[37:26] | he turned his entire body | 他转过整个身体 |
[37:27] | and used his right hand to open his door. | 用右手去打开车门 |
[37:30] | That’s a technique that’s taught in the Netherlands | 这是一项在荷兰教司机用来 |
[37:32] | to prevent drivers from opening their doors | 防止开门时意外伤到 |
[37:34] | into oncoming cyclists. | 后方自行车的技巧 |
[37:35] | Now, PAIN is an American group, | 而纯雅独族是一个美国帮派 |
[37:37] | and a Dutch member seemed unlikely. | 里面不太可能有荷兰成员 |
[37:40] | But it did remind me of the Europeans | 但这倒让我想起了 |
[37:42] | that Colm Frick mentioned. | 科尔姆·弗里克提到的那些欧洲人 |
[37:44] | Netherlands has racist gangs, too. | 荷兰也有种族主义帮派 |
[37:46] | Still could’ve been an attack. | 仍有可能会是一次恐怖爆炸袭击 |
[37:47] | Except that, after our mysterious Dutchman | 但是 在我们这位神秘的荷兰人 |
[37:49] | disappeared into the crowd, | 消失在人群中之后 |
[37:50] | I spotted him on another camera, | 我通过另一个监控摄像头 |
[37:52] | entering a different building. | 看见他进入了另一栋建筑 |
[37:54] | If you’re planning to set off a dirty bomb, | 如果你打算引爆一颗脏弹 |
[37:55] | why go into a building near the blast site? | 为什么要进入一栋离爆炸地很近的建筑呢 |
[37:58] | To answer that question, | 为了解答这个问题 |
[38:00] | I checked the footage from before our suspect entered. | 我查看了嫌疑人进入大楼前的监控视频 |
[38:03] | And I saw this. | 而我看到了这个 |
[38:05] | Three uniformed officers | 三个穿着制服的警官 |
[38:06] | entering the building just minutes earlier. | 在几分钟前进入了大楼 |
[38:09] | Uniforms work in pairs, | 警察都是成对行动的 |
[38:11] | so a group of three stands out. | 所以三人一组相当显眼 |
[38:14] | I realized that they were entering | 我意识到他们进入的这栋楼 |
[38:15] | the North American headquarters of the Vonale Cartel. | 是沃纳利集团的北美总部 |
[38:19] | That’s a company which controls 25% | 那可是掌控了全世界钻石市场 |
[38:22] | of the world’s diamond market. | 四分之一份额的公司 |
[38:24] | Ergo, heist. | 因此 这是抢劫 |
[38:26] | Once we really knew what was going on, | 一旦了解了他们的真实意图 |
[38:27] | it was just one last question that was raised. | 就只剩最后一个问题了 |
[38:30] | The thieves’ plan relied on creating | 这些劫匪的计划仰赖于制造出 |
[38:32] | a credible dirty bomb threat. | 一个让人信服的脏弹威胁 |
[38:33] | That’s why they stole the plutonium from Dave Amberlin. | 所以他们才从戴夫·安柏林那偷走了钚 |
[38:36] | But how did they find out about the plutonium | 但他们一开始是从哪里得知 |
[38:38] | in the first place? | 有这批钚的呢 |
[38:39] | Maybe somebody at the lab talked. | 或许是实验室里某人走漏了风声 |
[38:42] | I can look into it. | 我可以调查一下 |
[38:43] | No. No need. | 不 不用了 |
[38:44] | Mr. Amberlin is cooperating. | 安柏林先生已经交代了 |
[38:46] | He told us how he smuggled the plutonium into the country. | 他交代了他是如何把钚走私进来的 |
[38:49] | It’s a funny thing. On the day it came into port, | 有意思的是 这批钚到港那天 |
[38:51] | records show that one of the port’s radiation alarms went off. | 记录显示港口的一个辐射警报器失效了 |
[38:55] | Your agency is in charge of investigating those alarms. Right? | 你的部门负责审查这些警报器 对吗 |
[38:58] | In fact, you personally cleared that particular alarm. | 实际上 你亲自关掉了那个辐射警报器 |
[39:01] | You intentionally let the plutonium through. | 你有意让这批钚通关 |
[39:04] | Then you told the Dutchmen about it | 然后你把这事告诉了那些荷兰人 |
[39:05] | so they could use it in their heist. | 好让他们可以将其用于他们的抢劫计划 |
[39:07] | That’s the craziest damn thing I’ve ever heard. | 这是我听过的最疯狂的推理 |
[39:09] | We get false alarms all the time. | 这种误报经常出现 |
[39:11] | Well, we thought there could be an honest mistake, | 我们也以为这可能是个无心之过 |
[39:13] | so we looked into you. | 于是我们对你进行了调查 |
[39:15] | Turns out that you have a new girlfriend from Amsterdam | 结果发现你在阿姆斯特丹交了一位新女友 |
[39:19] | named Natalie Van Rijn. | 名叫娜塔莉·梵·莱茵 |
[39:24] | Her cousin is one of the jewel thieves. | 她表兄就是劫匪之一 |
[39:30] | Whether you were honey-trapped | 至于你是中了美人计 |
[39:31] | or whether the whole thing was your idea, | 还是你计划了整个劫案 |
[39:33] | we’re not quite certain. | 我们不太确定 |
[39:34] | But, at this point, it doesn’t much matter. | 但现在这都不重要了 |
[39:37] | We paid Natalie a visit. | 我们拜访了娜塔莉 |
[39:39] | She admitted to hooking you up with the thieves. | 她承认为你和这群劫匪牵线搭桥 |
[39:42] | She’s the one who called in the tip about the bomb. | 是她打电话来报警有炸弹的 |
[39:45] | She told us the plutonium is in a storage unit | 她告诉我们那批钚被保存在长岛市的 |
[39:47] | in Long Island City. | 一个仓库里 |
[39:51] | You arrested her. | 你们逮捕了她 |
[39:53] | Hours ago. | 几小时前 |
[39:55] | Now it’s your turn. | 现在轮到你了 |
[40:01] | You’re up early. | 你起得很早啊 |
[40:03] | Yes, and just look how productive I’ve been. | 是的 看看我的效率 |
[40:07] | You’re trying the puzzles. | 你在尝试拼图了 |
[40:09] | I recognize that, like any potent adversary, | 我意识到 如同任何强大的对手一样 |
[40:11] | PCS is best attacked from different angles. | 脑震荡后综合征最好也从不同的角度来对付 |
[40:14] | Yesterday, I helped foil an international ring of jewel thieves. | 昨天我协助抓获了一个国际珠宝抢劫团伙 |
[40:16] | And, today, I’m assembling Unicorn Utopia, | 于是今天我在拼独角兽乌托邦 |
[40:19] | ages eight and up. | 八岁以上的孩子玩的 |
[40:20] | And? | 然后呢 |
[40:22] | I prefer the jewel thieves. | 我更喜欢对付珠宝大盗 |
[40:29] | How long are you going to be at the cemetery? | 你准备去公墓待多久 |
[40:31] | It’s customary in Chinese culture | 中国文化中 |
[40:33] | to leave food at the grave of a loved one, and oranges | 有在逝者坟前留下食物的习俗 而橘子 |
[40:35] | are the most common offering, so… | 是最常见的贡品 所以… |
[40:37] | May I take it that you read your father’s letter? | 我能认为你已经读过你父亲的信了吗 |
[40:43] | When you’re done with that one, I have three more downstairs. | 你拼完这个的话 我在楼下还有三套 |
[40:46] | If you like Unicorn Utopia, | 如果你喜欢独角兽乌托邦 |
[40:48] | you are gonna love Pretty Princess Party. | 你肯定也会喜欢美丽公主派对的 |
[40:59] | They took the flowers away already? | 他们这就已经把花收走了吗 |
[41:03] | They clear the graves every other Thursday. | 工作人员每周四都会打扫墓地 |
[41:07] | You wanted to talk? | 你想聊聊 |
[41:09] | I read the letter last night. | 我昨晚读了那封信 |
[41:12] | It wasn’t what I expected. | 里面并不是我期待的内容 |
[41:14] | What do you mean? | 你的意思是 |
[41:16] | I guess I thought that he wrote the letter when he wasn’t well. | 可能我本以为他是在不清醒时写的信 |
[41:19] | But I was wrong. | 但我错了 |
[41:21] | The things he said were special. | 他在信里说的话很特别 |
[41:25] | I’m happy for you. | 我为你感到高兴 |
[41:28] | He might have addressed the letter to me… | 这封信或许写的是我的名字 |
[41:33] | but it was about you. | 但里面的内容是关于你的 |
[41:36] | I don’t know exactly when he wrote it, | 我不清楚他具体是何时写的这封信 |
[41:38] | but he could tell that his health was failing. | 但他知道自己时日无多 |
[41:41] | He didn’t want to die | 他不想在离去时 |
[41:42] | without telling me about you. | 却没告诉我你的存在 |
[41:47] | He said that you were… | 他说你… |
[41:50] | amazing. | 非常棒 |
[41:52] | And beautiful. And that he loved you very much. | 而且很美 他非常爱你 |
[41:58] | He wanted you to find me. | 他想让你找到我 |
[42:01] | He wanted us to be sisters. | 他想让我们成为姐妹 |
[42:04] | Obviously, that happened without him. | 很显然 没有他我们也成为了姐妹 |
[42:06] | But… the time that you had together, he remembered it. | 但那段你们一起共度的时光 他依然记得 |
[42:13] | He remembered you. | 他记得你 |