时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | I heard the refrigerator door open, | 我听到冰箱门开了 |
[00:04] | and then all of a sudden, three gunshots, | 然后突然 三声枪响 |
[00:06] | and I saw Jameel on the kitchen floor, blood everywhere. | 我看到贾米尔躺在厨房地上 到处都是血 |
[00:10] | I know you killed Jameel Clark. | 我知道你杀了贾米尔·克拉克 |
[00:11] | He’s worked for months to embed himself in SBK. | 他费了几个月时间深入SBK |
[00:14] | An endeavor I cared more about | 要是不知道他是冷血杀手 |
[00:15] | before I knew he was a cold-blooded killer. | 我也会重视这一事实 |
[00:16] | SBK is a ruthless drug gang. | SBK是个残忍的贩毒团伙 |
[00:20] | You want to know who killed Jameel? SBK killed Jameel. | 你想知道谁杀了贾米尔吗 SBK杀了他 |
[00:23] | You’re looking for someone who killed one person. | 你要找一个杀了一个人的人 |
[00:24] | SBK kills dozens of people a year. | SBK每年会杀无数人 |
[00:27] | I’m-a take SBK down, | 我要摧毁SBK |
[00:29] | and anybody who get in my way… | 任何阻挡我的人 |
[00:31] | …gonna get hurt. | 都会受到伤害 |
[00:39] | Sherlock, I thought you were coming right back to… | 夏洛克 我以为你很快就会回来… |
[00:42] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[00:44] | Look at you. | 看看你 |
[00:47] | I didn’t do any of that, did I? | 这些伤不是我弄的吧 |
[00:49] | No, no, no. | 不是你 |
[00:51] | You didn’t leave a scratch. | 你连抓痕都没留下 |
[00:54] | Well, the night is still young. | 夜色尚早呢 |
[00:57] | I’ll be right there. | 我马上来 |
[01:15] | If I went downstairs to get a coffee, would I be… | 如果我下楼泡杯咖啡 会不会… |
[01:17] | No, my guest left hours ago. | 不会 我的客人几小时前就走了 |
[01:20] | Good. | 很好 |
[01:21] | Do I detect just a hint of judgment? | 我是嗅到了一丝想评价的味道吗 |
[01:22] | No, no judgment. | 没有 没有评价 |
[01:24] | A little concern, maybe. | 担忧倒可能有一点 |
[01:26] | Well, despite what you may have heard, no one was injured. | 不管你可能听到了什么 没人受伤 |
[01:28] | I am fighting off something of a head cold, though. | 不过 我确实正在和伤风对抗 |
[01:31] | That’s not what I meant. | 我不是这个意思 |
[01:33] | There have been a lot of guests this week, | 这周来过很多客人 |
[01:36] | and I can’t help but think | 我不得不去想 |
[01:37] | that there might be more effective ways | 或许有更有效的办法 |
[01:40] | to work through everything that went down with Shinwell. | 治愈辛维尔带来的负面影响 |
[01:43] | Since everything went down with Shinwell, | 自从有了辛维尔带来的负面影响 |
[01:45] | you’ve cleaned your office twice, | 你打扫了两次你的办公室 |
[01:46] | you’ve taken three remedial cases, | 补救了三桩案子 |
[01:47] | and then you cleaned your office again. | 然后又一次打扫了办公室 |
[01:49] | So is that the picture of mental health I should aspire to? | 所以这是我该追求的精神状态吗 |
[01:53] | Well, the captain hasn’t had anything | 警监这周没有任何 |
[01:54] | you’ve deemed interesting this week, | 你觉得有意思的案件 |
[01:56] | so I know myself. | 我了解我自己 |
[01:57] | I like to keep busy. | 我想要忙起来 |
[01:58] | So working is working for me. | 工作对我来说很有帮助 |
[02:00] | We misjudged a murderer; | 我们看错了一个杀人犯 |
[02:02] | we let him into our closest confidence. | 我们告诉了他不少机密 |
[02:04] | And then I betrayed our colleagues | 然后我背叛了同事 |
[02:05] | by destroying evidence that would have returned him to prison. | 销毁了能把他送回监狱的证据 |
[02:07] | And he repaid our many kindnesses by ambushing | 而他对我们好意的回馈就是 |
[02:10] | and severely beating me. | 埋伏并胖揍我一顿 |
[02:11] | You’ve made peace with all of that? | 这些你都能安心接受吗 |
[02:13] | No, I’ve just come to accept that we don’t have any options. | 不 我只是开始认识到我们别无选择 |
[02:16] | There’s no way to prove that Shinwell is a killer, | 没有办法证明辛维尔是个杀手 |
[02:17] | so unless you want to go to SBK and out him as an informant… | 除非你去SBK 揭发他是一名告密者 |
[02:21] | No, I’d still rather he wipe out a street gang | 不 我还是更希望他能捣毁街头帮派 |
[02:23] | than the other way around. | 而不是反过来 |
[02:25] | Okay, so we move on. | 好 那我们就放下 |
[02:27] | I’m gonna go down to the precinct, | 我要去局里一趟 |
[02:28] | see if I can lend a hand with whatever they’re working on. | 不管他们在做什么 我都看看自己能否帮忙 |
[02:30] | – You want to come? – No. | -你要来吗 -不了 |
[02:32] | Perfunctory investigation will do me no good, Watson. | 敷衍的调查对我没好处 华生 |
[02:35] | To clean out the cobwebs, I need something truly stimulating. | 为了理清思绪 我需要真正刺激的 |
[02:52] | First up, Mr. Gary Kalajian. | 首先是盖瑞·卡拉简先生 |
[02:58] | Marco, did you pull a shift this weekend? | 马可 你这周末加班了吗 |
[03:02] | We were closed. Why? | 咱们周末关门的 怎么了 |
[03:06] | When I closed on Friday, this cremator was clean. | 我周五关门时 这个焚尸炉是干净的 |
[03:14] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[03:23] | Call the police. | 报警 |
[03:27] | Now. | 快去 |
[03:30] | What should I tell them? | 我要怎么跟他们说 |
[03:33] | Tell them somebody got burned alive here. | 就说有人在这里被活活烧死了 |
[04:03] | It’s a good thing femurs are as thick as they are. | 股骨能有那么粗真是件好事 |
[04:06] | The biggest bones didn’t burn down completely. | 最大的骨头没有被完全烧毁 |
[04:08] | It’s the only way I could tell that there were two victims | 只有这样我才辨别出有两位受害人 |
[04:10] | stuffed into the crematory furnace. | 被塞进了火葬场的炉子里 |
[04:12] | – Looks like both were male. – Good eye. | -看着两人都是男性 -好眼力 |
[04:14] | You can tell by the width of the intertrochanteric crest. | 通过转子间嵴的宽度可以判断出性别 |
[04:17] | Whoever they were, one of them left a handprint | 不管他们是谁 其中一个 |
[04:19] | just inside the incinerator door. | 在焚烧炉门内留下了手印 |
[04:22] | It’s over eight inches long. | 手长超过20厘米 |
[04:23] | He was probably tall. | 他可能很高 |
[04:24] | And alive when he went into the incinerator. | 且进入炉子时还活着 |
[04:27] | Here. Have a nightmare. | 给 享受噩梦吧 |
[04:28] | The blood was smeared and then cooked, so… | 血迹沾上后 温度升高 所以… |
[04:31] | No fingerprints. | 没有指纹 |
[04:32] | I’m guessing you would have invited us to the scene | 我想如果现场有东西可看的话 |
[04:34] | if there was something to see. | 你应该早就请我们去了 |
[04:35] | Rear exit door was pried open with a crowbar. | 后出口被人用撬棍撬开了 |
[04:38] | The break-in happened sometime over the weekend. | 撬门发生在周末 |
[04:40] | The crematorium workers all have alibis, | 火葬场员工都有不在场证明 |
[04:42] | and we couldn’t find anybody who works in the area | 那里的工作人员都没看到 |
[04:44] | who saw anything suspicious. | 什么可疑的东西 |
[04:46] | No security cameras? | 没有安保摄像头吗 |
[04:47] | The owner says they create privacy issues. | 主人说摄像头会引发隐私问题 |
[04:50] | We got nothing. | 我们手里什么都没有 |
[04:51] | Only if you don’t count two piles of dust, | 除了这两堆骨灰 |
[04:53] | teeth and bone fragments. | 牙齿和碎骨头 |
[04:55] | And whatever these are. | 还有这些东西 |
[04:56] | Those were found at the back of the incinerator, | 这些是在焚尸炉深处找到的 |
[04:59] | near where the taller John Doe’s feet were. | 在高个子的无名氏脚边 |
[05:01] | I’m pretty sure they were an orthopedic brace | 我很确定这是融化了的 |
[05:02] | that melted down. | 矫形支具 |
[05:04] | Something like this. | 类似这种东西 |
[05:08] | We should check with Missing Persons, | 我们应该查查失踪人口 |
[05:09] | see if anyone’s been reported who wears one. | 看看有没有戴着这东西的人失踪 |
[05:11] | We should also start calling dentists in Dongan Hills. | 我们还应该给东安山的牙医打电话 |
[05:15] | If I’m right about this, | 如果我没判断错 |
[05:17] | we need to locate the dental records | 我们需要找一个叫 |
[05:18] | of one Frederick Kirby, | 弗雷德瑞克·卡比的人的牙医记录 |
[05:20] | and see if we get a match for that gold tooth. | 看看是否跟这颗金牙吻合 |
[05:23] | Are you saying you know one of these guys? | 你是在说你认识其中一个人吗 |
[05:25] | After a fashion. | 勉强算认识 |
[05:27] | Mr. Kirby was likely | 卡比先生差不多是 |
[05:29] | the worst private investigator in New York City. | 纽约最烂的私人侦探 |
[05:38] | Well, it’s official. | 正式认定了 |
[05:39] | Captain just got the call. | 警监刚刚接到了电话 |
[05:41] | The gold incisor and a couple of the molars | 那颗金牙和几颗臼齿 |
[05:44] | and the smaller pile of ash | 还有一小堆骨灰 |
[05:45] | match Fred Kirby’s dental records. | 很弗雷德·卡比的牙医记录吻合 |
[05:47] | Which means it took you all of ten minutes | 也就是说你只花了十分钟 |
[05:49] | to identify a John Doe who’d been burnt to powder. | 就认出了一个被烧成灰的无名氏 |
[05:52] | – That’s got to be a record. – No, it was nothing. | -这应该是个新纪录 -不 这没什么 |
[05:54] | How many men do you know proudly wear a high school class ring? | 你认识多少会一直带着高中班级戒指的人 |
[05:57] | Uh, you never told us how you knew him. | 你从没跟我们说过你认识他 |
[05:59] | He came by the brownstone once, accused me of poaching. | 他来过褐石屋一次 控诉我抢生意 |
[06:03] | You stole one of his clients? | 你抢了他的客户吗 |
[06:04] | No, I was cornered by a dissatisfied customer of his. | 不 他的一个不满的客户找到我 |
[06:07] | I took one look at Mr. Kirby’s files, | 我看了一眼卡比先生的报告 |
[06:09] | solved the case on the spot. | 当场解决了案子 |
[06:11] | I’ve never seen such shoddy detective work. | 我从没见过那么差劲的侦探工作 |
[06:13] | This place is a temple of incompetence. | 这地方简直充满了无能 |
[06:16] | According to the captain, | 据警监说 |
[06:17] | this guy’s one employee is missing, too. | 这家伙的一个员工也失踪了 |
[06:20] | The name’s Lamont Wallace, but he goes by “Pinky” | 名叫拉蒙特·华莱士 外号叫小粉 |
[06:22] | Started driving for Fred a couple years ago | 几年前弗雷德的视力下降之后 |
[06:25] | when Fred’s eyes started to go. | 他开始给弗雷德开车 |
[06:27] | A legally blind private eye. No comment. | 瞎了眼的私人侦探 不做评论 |
[06:31] | No one’s been able to get either of them on the phone for two days. | 已经两天没人打通他们的电话了 |
[06:34] | Well, Lamont’s a big guy. | 拉蒙特是个大家伙 |
[06:36] | Could have been his handprint in the incinerator. | 焚尸炉里的手印可能是他的 |
[06:38] | Yeah, maybe he and Fred took on a dangerous case | 对 也许他和弗雷德接了个危险的案子 |
[06:40] | that got them both killed. | 让他俩都被杀了 |
[06:44] | You got something? | 你有什么发现吗 |
[06:46] | There’s almost a dozen restraining orders here. | 这里有十几张限制令 |
[06:53] | These are all filed within days of each other. | 之间都只间隔几天 |
[06:56] | Yeah, none of the complainants have the same last name, | 对 投诉人的名字都不一样 |
[06:59] | but it’s got to be a coordinated effort, right? | 但这应该是协同行为 对吧 |
[07:02] | You’d think. | 应该是 |
[07:03] | Question is: what’s the link between these people? | 问题是这些人之间有什么联系 |
[07:06] | Tragedy. | 悲剧 |
[07:10] | I assume you’re familiar with the shooting spree | 我想你们应该知道1987年 |
[07:11] | that occurred at the Bennett Courthouse in 1987? | 发生在贝尼特法院的枪击事件 |
[07:14] | Guy shoots a bunch of brand-new citizens | 有人在宣誓仪式结束后 |
[07:16] | after a swearing-in ceremony. | 朝着一群新公民开枪 |
[07:18] | His wife was their civics teacher, right? | 他妻子是他们的公民教师 对吗 |
[07:21] | Four people dead, six more wounded, | 四死六伤 |
[07:23] | and the shooter ended up taking his own life. | 凶手最后自杀了 |
[07:25] | It was a tragedy, not a mystery. | 这是个悲剧 不是个谜 |
[07:28] | So what’s it got to do with a detective and his buddy | 这跟30年后一位侦探和他的搭档 |
[07:30] | getting burnt alive 30 years later? | 被活活烧死有什么关系 |
[07:33] | In Fred Kirby’s office, | 在弗雷德·卡比的办公室里 |
[07:34] | we found multiple restraining orders against him. | 我们发现了很多对他的限制令 |
[07:36] | All of them were filed by family members | 他们都是法院枪击事件 |
[07:38] | of the victims of the courthouse shooting. | 受害人的亲属申请的 |
[07:40] | It appears that Mr. Kirby reached out | 看起来卡比先生激怒了 |
[07:41] | to anyone tangentially associated with the shooting. | 跟那次枪击事件有关的人 |
[07:45] | To what end, we don’t know. | 我们不知道是什么关系 |
[07:47] | You talk to any of these people yet? | 你跟那些人谈过了吗 |
[07:49] | No. Watson’s on her way to speak to Virginia Spivey. | 没有 华生正去找维吉尼亚·斯皮维谈话 |
[07:52] | She was married to the hero bailiff who charged the gunman. | 她丈夫是起诉了枪击犯的英雄法警 |
[07:55] | Took a bullet that day, but survived. | 他那天中了一枪 但活了下来 |
[07:57] | Unfortunately, he died of lymphoma last year. | 不幸的是 他去年死于了淋巴瘤 |
[08:00] | Virginia Spivey was the first one to file. | 维吉尼亚·斯皮维是第一个申请限制令的 |
[08:03] | You think papering him with Orders of Protection was her idea? | 你觉得对他申请限制令是她的主意 |
[08:06] | That’s the hope. | 但愿是这样 |
[08:07] | If she was in touch with all of these people, | 如果她跟这些人都有联系 |
[08:09] | perhaps she’ll be able to tell us if any of them | 也许她能告诉我们他们中是否有人 |
[08:11] | would have been likely to have cremated Fred Kirby and his helper. | 想烧死弗雷德·卡比和他的帮手 |
[08:15] | In the meantime, Marcus and I | 与此同时 我和马科斯 |
[08:16] | are going to visit the Bennett Courthouse. | 要去一趟贝尼特法院 |
[08:18] | Why? The shooting happened decades ago. | 为什么 枪击案是很久以前的事了 |
[08:21] | What do you think you’re gonna find? | 你觉得你们会发现什么 |
[08:23] | This was in Fred’s office. | 这是在弗雷德办公室发现的 |
[08:27] | Court employee badge. | 法院职工工作证 |
[08:29] | It’s a sloppy forgery. | 这是个粗糙的伪造品 |
[08:31] | I’m going to chalk up the alias | 我要把他的化名 |
[08:32] | to his overheated sense of whimsy. | 归结于他过于丰富的想象力 |
[08:35] | But I would like to know | 但我想知道 |
[08:36] | why he deemed it necessary | 为什么他觉得有必要 |
[08:37] | to go undercover at the courthouse. | 化名去法院 |
[08:42] | Mr. Holmes. | 福尔摩斯先生 |
[08:44] | Louis Garmendia. | 路易斯·加门迪亚 |
[08:46] | I wish it wasn’t such a sad occasion that we got together. | 真希望咱俩不是因为这样难过的场合而相遇 |
[08:50] | But it is an honor to finally meet you. | 但非常荣幸终于见到你了 |
[08:53] | – You know me? – Of course. I’m Louis Garmendia. | -你认识我 -当然 我是路易斯·加门迪亚 |
[08:55] | President of the New York Order of Private Investigators. | 纽约私人侦探社的主席 |
[09:00] | The silver star people– NYOOPI. | 拿银星的那些人 NYOOPI |
[09:02] | Yeah, that’s us. | 是的 是我们 |
[09:03] | So, are you responsible for their, uh, | 所以 是你帮他们 |
[09:06] | rise in prominence? | 声名崛起的吗 |
[09:07] | Well, I don’t know if I can really take credit for that. | 我不知道我能不能这样邀功 |
[09:10] | I just took over. | 我只是接手了 |
[09:11] | But that is how I knew Fred. | 可那确实是我认识弗雷德的原因 |
[09:13] | And, obviously, we’re all broken up | 显然 在他出事后 |
[09:15] | over what happened to him. | 我们都很难过 |
[09:17] | Anyway, as president, I just wanted to come down | 不管怎样 作为主席 我只是想来 |
[09:20] | and let you know you’ve got the association’s full support. | 告诉你社团全力支持你 |
[09:23] | Anything you or the department needs, | 你或警局如果有任何需要 |
[09:25] | you say the word. | 请尽管告诉我们 |
[09:27] | All right, well, I’ll be sure to pass that along. | 好的 我保证会把话传下去 |
[09:29] | Main reason I came down is to say thank you. | 我来主要是想说声感谢 |
[09:32] | Means a lot to have one of our own working this thing for Fred. | 能有一个我们自己人为弗雷德奔走实在意义重大 |
[09:36] | Sorry, one of your own? | 等等 什么叫你们自己人 |
[09:38] | NYOOPI members. | NYOOPI的会员 |
[09:39] | You and your partner. | 你和你搭档 |
[09:40] | Feels right keeping it in the family. | 感觉让自己人来处理才是对的 |
[09:43] | Remind me, how long have we been in the family? | 提醒我一下 我们什么时候加入大家庭了 |
[09:48] | So, Houston, you were a pitcher? | 所以 休斯顿 你之前是投手 |
[09:50] | He still is. | 他现在也是 |
[09:51] | Lowest ERA in Division II. | 乙级队最低防御率缔造者 |
[09:54] | You know St. Cassius College? | 你知道圣卡修斯学院吗 |
[09:55] | You should come see us play sometime. | 你有空可以过来看我们打比赛 |
[09:57] | Did you not hear her tell my mom she’s with the police? | 你没听她跟我妈说她是从警局来的吗 |
[09:59] | What, police don’t like baseball? | 怎么了 警察就不喜欢棒球吗 |
[10:01] | All right, guys, that’s the rest. | 好了 孩子们 最后几件了 |
[10:05] | Everything’s okay, right? | 没事吧 对吗 |
[10:06] | Everything’s fine. I’m just here to talk. | 没事 我只是过来聊聊 |
[10:09] | You two drive safe. | 你俩开车小心点 |
[10:10] | Thanks, Mrs. Spivey. | 谢谢 斯皮维太太 |
[10:13] | Very nice meeting you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[10:16] | Sorry about that. | 真不好意思 |
[10:18] | But you said you wanted to talk about the courthouse shooting, | 你说你想聊聊法院枪击案 |
[10:20] | and it seemed like I should get the boys on their way first. | 看来我该先让孩子们出发才对 |
[10:24] | Of course. | 当然 |
[10:25] | I was just wondering about some of the contact | 我只是在想你最近 |
[10:27] | you might have had recently with the other victims’ families. | 可能和其他受害者家属有联系 |
[10:30] | I’ve had a lot, actually. | 我联系了很多 事实上 |
[10:31] | More than usual. | 多于平常 |
[10:32] | The 30th anniversary was last month, | 上个月是第30周年纪念日 |
[10:35] | and, uh, well, you can probably tell I like remembrances. | 你也许发现了我喜欢有纪念意义的事 |
[10:38] | We raised a little money | 我们筹集了一点钱 |
[10:39] | and did a memorial exhibit at the courthouse. | 在法院做了一个纪念展览 |
[10:42] | Something to make sure | 一种来确保 |
[10:43] | the people who died aren’t forgotten. | 死去的人不被遗忘的仪式 |
[10:46] | Well, here. | 看 |
[10:47] | I was… I was gonna frame this. | 我本来准备把这个裱起来的 |
[10:53] | Looks like you did some great work. | 看起来你做了很多 |
[10:55] | I wanted to do it years ago, but Gordon, my husband, | 我几年前就想做了 但是戈登 我丈夫 |
[10:58] | he wouldn’t have it. | 他不让 |
[11:00] | He passed away last year, | 他去年去世了 |
[11:01] | so now he can’t object to being remembered as a hero. | 所以现在他没法反对作为英雄让人怀念了 |
[11:05] | Which he was. | 他确实是英雄 |
[11:06] | If he hadn’t charged the shooter, | 如果不是他指控了凶手 |
[11:08] | well, let’s just say | 这么说吧 |
[11:09] | that would’ve been a much bigger memorial. | 这场纪念仪式的主角就会更多了 |
[11:12] | Am I correct that you and some of the other families | 你和其他一些家属申请了 |
[11:15] | filed restraining orders against a man named Fred Kirby? | 对弗雷德·卡比的限制令 是吗 |
[11:19] | Yeah. He was bothering all of us. | 是的 他之前在骚扰我们 |
[11:21] | Said he was trying to put together his own exhibit, or something. | 说什么他想弄他自己的展览之类的 |
[11:25] | His story kept changing. | 他的说法一天一个样 |
[11:26] | It was weird, so I got a lawyer to shut him down. | 很奇怪 所以我请了律师来阻止他 |
[11:30] | And I told the others to do the same. | 我也建议其他人这样做 |
[11:32] | Is that why you’re here? | 你是因为这个来的吗 |
[11:33] | Has he done something illegal? | 他做了什么违法的事吗 |
[11:36] | He died this past weekend. | 他上周末死了 |
[11:37] | Uh, more specifically, he was murdered. | 具体说来 他是被谋杀的 |
[11:40] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[11:42] | You think one of us…? | 你认为是我们中间有人 |
[11:42] | I’m just curious. Is it possible that any of the people | 我只是好奇 有没有可能被他骚扰的 |
[11:45] | he was harassing might’ve been angry enough to… | 这些人中有谁太过愤怒以至于… |
[11:47] | Uh, no. No, not a chance. | 不 不 绝不可能 |
[11:49] | He wasn’t harassing anyone, | 他并没有骚扰我们 |
[11:50] | he just wanted stuff that belonged to the victims. | 他只是想要那些属于死者的东西 |
[11:54] | We think he was a collector, | 我们觉得他是个收藏家 |
[11:55] | or maybe a dealer. | 或者是个贩子 |
[11:57] | A dealer? | 贩子 |
[11:58] | You ever heard the term “Murderabilia”? | 你听说过「凶案物品贩子」吗 |
[12:00] | People buy and sell | 就是那些买入 |
[12:02] | I guess you’d call them artifacts | 跟著名凶案或惨剧事件有关的物品 |
[12:04] | that connect back to famous murders or tragedies. | 然后再卖出去的人 |
[12:08] | It’s pretty sick. | 很变态 |
[12:10] | We just thought Fred was trying to make a buck. | 我们觉得弗雷德就是想挣钱 |
[12:12] | He should’ve been ashamed of himself. | 他应该为自己的行为感到羞耻 |
[12:15] | But trust me. | 但请相信我 |
[12:16] | None of us would’ve killed the guy. | 我们当中不会有人杀他的 |
[12:21] | Hey. I’m home. | 我回家了 |
[12:29] | What do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[12:31] | I think there’s a bus bench | 我觉得那有个公交站长凳 |
[12:32] | with my picture on it in the library. | 上面印着我的照片 |
[12:35] | I used Fred Kirby’s guy. | 我找的弗雷德·卡比的人 |
[12:38] | It was a rush job, so it wasn’t cheap, | 这活比较着急 所以挺贵的 |
[12:39] | but he threw in the bench for free. | 但是他没收长凳的钱 |
[12:41] | So are you gonna tell me what this is about, or…? | 你打算告诉我这是怎么回事吗 |
[12:44] | NYOOPI. | 纽约私人侦探社 |
[12:47] | N-Y-O-O-P-I N-Y-O-O-P-I, | |
[12:49] | the absurd acronym for an even more absurd organization– | 一个荒唐组织的荒唐缩写 |
[12:52] | one which counts us both as members in good standing. | 它把我们列为了优秀会员 |
[12:55] | Oh, yeah. | 对 |
[12:56] | The detective thing. | 那个当侦探的事 |
[12:57] | Yeah, “The detective thing.” | 没错 “当侦探的事” |
[13:02] | I don’t get it. Are you angry because I signed us up? | 我不明白 我给咱俩报了名你生气了吗 |
[13:04] | So you don’t deny it. | 这么说你并不否认 |
[13:06] | Yeah, it was years ago. You’d gone back to London. | 对 好几年前了 当时你回伦敦了 |
[13:08] | When you came back, I added you. | 你回来后 我就把你加上了 |
[13:10] | It’s free advertising. | 这是免费的广告 |
[13:11] | They put us on the “Find a Detective” page on their Web site. | 他们把我们放在网站的「寻找侦探」页面上 |
[13:14] | That is precisely the problem: | 这就是问题所在 |
[13:15] | I do not care for the association. | 我不喜欢这个组织 |
[13:17] | Why? | 为什么 |
[13:18] | Because the group is a sham. | 因为他们这群人根本不称职 |
[13:20] | They’ve completely usurped the New York State Division of Licensing Services | 他们完全盗用了纽约州授权服务部门的权利 |
[13:23] | and destroyed all semblance of standards in our profession. | 并且毁掉了我们这行的声誉 |
[13:27] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[13:28] | Once upon a time, every aspiring P.I. | 以前 每一位有志向的私人侦探 |
[13:31] | had to take an exam administered by the state. | 都要参加州政府举办的资格考试 |
[13:33] | It wasn’t terribly difficult, but it was something. | 并不是特别难 但也有点用 |
[13:35] | It was a barrier to entry to keep the riffraff out. | 起码能把一些无能的人挡在门外 |
[13:38] | Now Internet searches have become | 现在 网络搜索已经成了 |
[13:40] | the primary arbiter of legitimacy in every profession. | 各个领域内法律方面的首要仲裁者 |
[13:42] | So this… this star | 所以这个银星 |
[13:45] | is all you need to be a detective in New York. | 只要有这个银星就能在纽约当侦探了 |
[13:47] | For $278 in annual fees, anyone can advertise using this, | 每年交278块钱 谁都能用这个打广告了 |
[13:52] | and gain access to NYOOPI’s all-important Web site. | 并且能够登录NYOOPI的重要网站 |
[13:55] | So here, have your pick. | 这里 任你挑选 |
[13:57] | Disgraced FBI agents, idiots off the street, me. | 有问题的联调局探员 街头上的混混 我 |
[14:00] | We are all equal in the eyes of this group. | 在这个组织眼里 我们都是一样的 |
[14:06] | You’re being a snob. | 你这是自命不凡 |
[14:07] | Someone has to be. | 总得有人保持清高点 |
[14:09] | Did you get my text earlier, | 你收到我之前发的短信了吗 |
[14:10] | about why Fred Kirby might have been harassing | 弗雷德·卡比骚扰维吉尼亚·斯皮维 |
[14:12] | Virginia Spivey and the others? | 以及其他人的原因 |
[14:14] | – I did. – Well, I spent the afternoon online, | -收到了 -我一下午都在上网 |
[14:16] | looking at murderabilia auctions. | 寻找凶案物品贩子的拍卖 |
[14:19] | I didn’t see anything there on the Bennett Courthouse shooting. | 没找到任何有关贝内特法院枪击案的线索 |
[14:22] | So I also looked at Kirby’s financials. | 我也查看了卡比的经济情况 |
[14:24] | It didn’t look like he ever sold that kind of stuff, | 他应该没有卖过那种东西 |
[14:26] | so it makes me wonder why he was so interested in what happened. | 这让我很好奇他为什么对发生的事那么感兴趣 |
[14:29] | It’s a good question. | 问得好 |
[14:30] | I might be able to shed some light. | 我可能有点线索 |
[14:35] | In 1987, | 在1987年 |
[14:36] | when new citizens were sworn in at the Bennett Courthouse, | 当新市民在贝内特法院宣誓的时候 |
[14:38] | it was customary to give them pocket-sized copies | 会例行发给他们一本口袋书大小的 |
[14:40] | of the Constitution. | 宪法 |
[14:43] | These were on display at Ms. Spivey’s memorial. | 这些在斯皮维的悼念仪式上展出过 |
[14:46] | I borrowed them, along withthis photograph | 我借来的 还有这张照片 |
[14:49] | of the victims taken shortly before the shooting started. | 上面都是受害者 在枪击发生前不久照的 |
[14:52] | Now, this is photograph was taken when the memorial | 而这张照片 是在上个月悼念仪式 |
[14:55] | first opened last month. | 刚开始时照的 |
[14:57] | Notice the blood color and patterns on these Constitutions. | 注意宪法上血的颜色和位置 |
[15:04] | These are different. | 不一样 |
[15:06] | The blood that you’re looking at is fake. | 你现在看到的血是假的 |
[15:09] | These are reproductions. | 这些是复制品 |
[15:11] | They are also laden with Fred Kirby’s fingerprints. | 而且上面满是弗雷德·卡比的指纹 |
[15:14] | So he swapped these Constitutions out for the real ones; | 这么说他用这些宪法把真的掉包了 |
[15:17] | he got his murderabilia after all. | 终归还是得到了凶案物品 |
[15:19] | Yes, but perhaps not to sell. | 是的 但可能不是为了卖 |
[15:21] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[15:22] | I mean, it’s possible Fred Kirby did what he did | 很可能弗雷德·卡比这么做 |
[15:24] | because he believed the U.S. government | 是因为他相信美国政府 |
[15:26] | once caused a nuclear reactor to melt down. | 曾经造成了一起核反应堆泄露 |
[15:29] | Just as it’s possible | 正如有可能 |
[15:30] | that testing his theory resulted in his murder. | 验证这个理论导致了他被杀 |
[15:33] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[15:35] | I’m talking, Watson, about Chernobyl. | 华生 我说的是切诺贝利的事 |
[15:48] | On April 26, 1986, | 1986年4月26日 |
[15:51] | a test of the Chernobyl power plant’s safety system went awry, | 切尔诺贝利核电站安全系统测试出了问题 |
[15:55] | causing one of its nuclear reactors to explode. | 导致它的一座核反应堆发生了爆炸 |
[15:58] | I remember. Everyone remembers. | 我记得 所有人都记得 |
[16:00] | The blast and the radiation exposure killed dozens that day. | 爆炸和辐射在那天杀死了很多人 |
[16:04] | Eventually, thousands more died of cancer. | 最终 还有上千人死于癌症 |
[16:06] | Human error was cited as the precipitating cause. | 人为错误被当成了主要原因 |
[16:09] | The official report did not name any names. | 官方报告没有提及任何名字 |
[16:12] | But according to one theory on the Internet, | 但根据网上的一个理论 |
[16:14] | the fault lies with four men: | 失误出在四个人身上 |
[16:16] | Igor Krasnaia, Roman Hubenko, | 伊各·夸兹纳尔 罗曼·哈本科 |
[16:17] | Dmitry Perov and Sergei Minkovski. | 德米特·派洛夫和谢尔盖·明可夫斯基 |
[16:20] | Their bodies were never recovered, | 他们的尸体至今没有找到 |
[16:21] | and photographs of the men do not exist. | 也没有他们的照片 |
[16:24] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[16:25] | Conspiracy theorists | 阴谋论者 |
[16:26] | have long believed that these men were saboteurs, | 长久以来都相信那些人是破坏者 |
[16:28] | working at the behest of the American government. | 为美国政府工作 |
[16:31] | In return for their crimes, they were granted new lives | 他们通过罪行换来了 |
[16:35] | in the United States. | 在美国的新生活 |
[16:36] | Those were the four men that were killed | 这四个男人就是在 |
[16:38] | in the Bennett Courthouse shooting? | 班尼特法院被杀的人 |
[16:39] | That’s what people think? | 人们是这么认为的吗 |
[16:40] | I did not say “People.” | 我没有说「人们」 |
[16:41] | I said “Conspiracy theorists.” | 我说的是「阴谋论者」 |
[16:43] | Proud members of the tinfoil hat brigade. | 锡纸帽子部队的主要成员 |
[16:45] | Now, this was the shooter; his name is Ronald Jones. | 这个是凶手 他叫罗纳德·琼斯 |
[16:48] | His victims had just taken the oath of citizenship. | 他的被害人们刚宣誓成为公民 |
[16:51] | They were Chris Corwin, Nick Welden, | 他们是克里斯·科文 尼克·威尔顿 |
[16:53] | Pete Goswin and Leo Stavo. | 皮特·格斯文和里奥·斯塔沃 |
[16:56] | But some people believe that these were aliases | 但有人认为这些名字是 |
[16:58] | given to them by the American government | 美国政府给的假名 |
[17:00] | before a rogue agent wiped them out. | 他们是被叛变特工消灭的 |
[17:03] | You don’t really believe that, right? | 你不是真的相信这事吧 |
[17:05] | No. But it doesn’t matter what I believe. | 不 但我信什么不重要 |
[17:07] | The question is: did Fred Kirby believe it? | 问题是 弗雷德·卡比信不信 |
[17:10] | History is full of imbeciles | 历史上充满了愚蠢的人 |
[17:11] | whose outlandish theories have got them killed, | 被奇异古怪的理论害死 |
[17:13] | so perhaps he shared his with one of the victims’ loved ones, | 所以或许是他与被害人们的爱人分享了理论 |
[17:16] | and they took it poorly. | 结果他们接受得不好 |
[17:18] | Well, talking to loved ones is one thing. | 和爱人交谈是一回事 |
[17:19] | Fred Kirby was trying to get his hands | 弗雷德·卡比还想要接触 |
[17:21] | on the victims’ personal effects. | 被害人们的私人物品 |
[17:24] | He stole mini-Constitutions with their blood on it. | 他偷走了沾有他们血液的迷你宪法 |
[17:26] | Why? | 为什么 |
[17:28] | If these men really were nuclear saboteurs, | 如果那些人真的是核反应堆破坏者 |
[17:30] | then their DNA would’ve been damaged. | 那他们的DNA就会有损 |
[17:33] | Traces of caesium-137 | 铯-137的痕迹 |
[17:34] | would mark their remains for hundreds of years. | 能保留数百年 |
[17:37] | The question of where a low-rent private eye would go | 关于一个穷酸的私人侦探要去哪 |
[17:40] | to test for such a thing is another matter entirely. | 来进行此类测试 就是另一个问题了 |
[17:45] | No, it isn’t. | 不 不是的 |
[17:46] | I think I might know where he would go. | 我想我可能知道他会去哪里 |
[17:49] | Yeah, I knew Fred. | 对 我认识弗雷德 |
[17:50] | He’s in my bowling league. We’re friends. | 他是我保龄球小队的 我们是朋友 |
[17:54] | He’s dead, huh? | 他死了啊 |
[17:55] | Fred specialized in cheating spouses, | 弗雷德的专长是捉奸 |
[17:58] | the kind who leave stains in cheap motel rooms. | 捉那种会在廉价旅馆房间遗留污渍的人 |
[18:00] | I imagine, occasionally, | 我想 时不时的 |
[18:01] | he needed you to run a DNA sample for him. | 他会需要你帮助测试DNA样本 |
[18:04] | When I went through Fred’s financials yesterday, | 我昨天检查弗雷德财务的时候 |
[18:06] | I noticed he wrote quite a few checks to you over the years. | 我发现他几年来给你写了不少支票 |
[18:08] | Just you. | 只是给你 |
[18:09] | Never to East Rutherford Laboratories. | 从来不是给东卢瑟福实验室 |
[18:12] | You were giving him a discount | 你给了他折扣 |
[18:13] | and pocketing the payments yourself. | 然后把付款收进了自己的口袋 |
[18:15] | No, that’s not true. | 不 不是这样的 |
[18:16] | We also went through Fred’s phone records yesterday. | 我们昨天还查了弗雷德的手机记录 |
[18:18] | He talked to you six times last week. | 他上周和你通过六次话 |
[18:21] | Can we assume it was about the blood samples | 我们能假设他是想要你 |
[18:23] | he wanted you to gather from the copies of the Constitution? | 从宪法的副本上提取血液吗 |
[18:32] | Hey, what are you doing? | 你干什么 |
[18:34] | Mr. Drexel, we didn’t bring the police with us | 德雷塞尔先生 我们没带警察来 |
[18:36] | because we don’t care about your minor league embezzlement. | 因为我们不关心你小联盟的公器私用 |
[18:39] | We don’t. | 真不关心 |
[18:40] | It was a courtesy to you, but it also works in our favor, | 这对你来会说是好事 也对我们有帮助 |
[18:42] | ’cause it means we can conduct an illegal search | 因为这意味着我们可以对 |
[18:44] | for the materials that Fred gave you. | 弗雷迪给你的材料进行违法搜查 |
[18:46] | Yeah, I’ll start over here. | 好 我从这边开始 |
[18:48] | No, don’t. | 不 别 |
[18:49] | I’ll give you everything I’ve got, okay? | 我把我有的都给你们 好吧 |
[18:54] | The samples, | 样本 |
[18:56] | the results, all of it. | 结果 所有的 |
[19:01] | He wasn’t checking for radioactivity, | 他没有做放射现象鉴定 |
[19:03] | he was running paternity tests. | 他做的是亲子鉴定 |
[19:05] | Radioactivity? Why the hell would I be looking for that? | 放射现象 我找那东西干什么 |
[19:08] | Fred didn’t think that the men who bled on these documents | 弗雷迪没有认为让血沾到宪法上的人 |
[19:09] | were at Chernobyl? | 曾到过切诺贝利吗 |
[19:11] | No. God, no. | 没有 当然没有 |
[19:12] | He gave me that blood sample and the four Constitutions. | 他给了我血液样本和四本宪法 |
[19:14] | He asked me to look for a match. | 他让我去找匹配 |
[19:16] | Who’s C. Gibson? | C·吉普森是谁 |
[19:17] | I don’t have any idea. | 我不知道 |
[19:18] | I just know the guy was looking for his father. | 我只知道这人在找他的父亲 |
[19:20] | But the blood on those things wasn’t viable. | 但那些东西上的血液无法检测 |
[19:22] | All the results came back inconclusive. | 所有的测试结果都无效 |
[19:25] | If you want to harass someone, you should go find him. | 如果你们想骚扰某人 你们应该去找他 |
[19:27] | Why’s that? | 为什么 |
[19:28] | Fred was nervous about breaking the news to him. | 弗雷德对于告诉他这个消息很紧张 |
[19:31] | Said the guy had a real temper. | 说这个人脾气不小 |
[19:33] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[19:34] | Maybe he’s the one who killed Fred. | 说不定是他杀了弗雷德 |
[19:39] | This would be a lot easier if Fred’s Kirby’s system | 要是弗雷德·卡比的系统不是只有 |
[19:42] | wasn’t put stuff in files or don’t. | 记入文件或不记入两种选择 会简单很多 |
[19:45] | Well, credit the man for consistency. | 要给这人的始终如一点赞 |
[19:47] | He was lazy and inept in all facets of his business. | 他在生意的各个方面都又懒又蠢 |
[19:50] | Still, C. Gibson’s full name’s | 不过 C·吉普森的全名 |
[19:52] | got to be in here somewhere here, right? | 一定就在这里 对吧 |
[19:53] | Yes, finally. | 太好了 总算 |
[19:54] | You found it? | 你找到了 |
[19:55] | Better. I found years of annual reports | 比这更好 我发现很多年度报告都记载了 |
[19:59] | of Fred Kirby’s time on the board of NYOOPI. | 弗雷德·卡比在NYOOPI的时间 |
[20:01] | Why would you want that? | 你找那些信息干什么 |
[20:03] | Because I hope to find evidence of embezzlement or fraud. | 因为我希望能找到挪用公款或者欺诈的证据 |
[20:05] | Let’s see how many people pay for that preposterous silver star | 等那荒唐的小银星成为腐败的标志 |
[20:08] | when it becomes a mark of corruption. | 看还有多少人会买单吧 |
[20:10] | NYOOPI helps people find detectives. | NYOOPI帮助人们找侦探 |
[20:12] | Why do you have a problem with that? | 你有什么好不满的 |
[20:13] | Because I want people to be able to find detectives | 因为我希望人们能找到 |
[20:15] | who’ve earned the right to be called detectives. | 真正赢得了侦探资格的侦探 |
[20:17] | Well, if it were up to you, | 要是由你说了算 |
[20:18] | there’d only be four or five people like that in the whole world. | 全世界这样的人只有四五个 |
[20:21] | Your point? | 你的重点是 |
[20:23] | If NYOOPI offends you so much, | 如果NYOOPI让你这么不爽 |
[20:25] | why don’t you just quit? | 为何不退出呢 |
[20:26] | Because then I won’t be able to pull it apart, | 因为那样我就不能从内部 |
[20:28] | piece by piece, from the inside. | 一点点将其瓦解了 |
[20:30] | Has it ever occurred to you | 你有没有想过 |
[20:31] | that all this righteous indignation has less to do | 这种义愤填膺 |
[20:33] | with a bunch of private eyes supporting each other, | 跟私人侦探相互帮衬没什么关系 |
[20:35] | and more to do with Shinwell? | 而更多是因为辛维尔呢 |
[20:37] | What happened upset you. | 他的事让你很生气 |
[20:39] | And despite a string of meaningless sexual conquests, | 所以即便你通过一连串没用的性征服来发泄 |
[20:41] | you’re still upset, so now you’re gonna take it out | 你还是很生气 所以你现在要 |
[20:43] | on a bunch of less talented detectives. | 拿一大堆没什么天分的侦探撒气 |
[20:45] | My motives are irrelevant. | 我的动机与那无关 |
[20:47] | NYOOPI is the lowest form of fake credentialism | NYOOPI是最低级的假资格主义形式 |
[20:50] | and it ought not to exist. | 就不应该存在 |
[20:51] | And by the time I’m finished, it won’t. | 等我完事就不会存在了 |
[20:54] | Where are you going? | 你去哪 |
[20:56] | The “C” In C. Gibson stood for Carter. | C·吉普森里的C代表卡特 |
[20:58] | I found his name and address ten minutes ago. | 我十分钟前就找到了他的名字和地址 |
[20:59] | I just lingered to look for these. | 我只是留在这里找这些信息 |
[21:04] | 车辆管理局 卡特·吉布森 | |
[21:05] | Here’s your tea. | 你的茶 |
[21:06] | Two lumps. Now you got to tell me what’s up. | 两块糖 你得告诉我发生了什么事 |
[21:09] | Thanks. So, our victims, | 谢谢 我们的受害者 |
[21:11] | Fred Kirby and the missing driver, | 弗雷德·卡比和失踪的司机 |
[21:13] | were working for a man named Carter Gibson. | 替一个叫卡特·吉普森的人干活 |
[21:16] | Now, I could not find a link between that name | 我找不到那个名字 |
[21:18] | and the Bennett Courthouse shooting, | 和本尼特法院枪击案的联系 |
[21:19] | but that’s because Gibson’s name is made-up. See? | 但那是因为吉普森的名字是捏造的 看这个 |
[21:22] | Carter Gibson was Carter Dunwitty | 卡特·吉普森原本叫卡特·邓威蒂 |
[21:25] | until he changed his name in 2007. | 2007年才改了名字 |
[21:27] | Rita Dunwitty was one of the survivors of the shooting in ’87. | 丽塔·邓威蒂是87年枪杀案的幸存者之一 |
[21:31] | More than that, she was married to the shooter, Ronald Jones. | 不仅如此 她还嫁给了凶手罗纳德·琼斯 |
[21:35] | Right. So, he was Carter’s father. | 好吧 所以他是卡特的父亲 |
[21:37] | As far as the world knew, yes, | 全世界都是这么认为的 没错 |
[21:39] | but Carter was convinced that Ronald Jones, the shooter, | 但卡特一直相信凶手罗纳德·琼斯 |
[21:42] | was not his father. | 不是他的父亲 |
[21:43] | So, he hired Fred Kirby to run paternity tests | 所以他雇弗雷德·卡比对87年死的四名男子 |
[21:46] | for the four men who were killed in ’87, | 进行了亲子鉴定 |
[21:48] | but none of them panned out. | 但没有匹配 |
[21:51] | Sounds like wishful thinking, right? | 听起来像是一厢情愿啊 |
[21:53] | I mean, this is a guy who changes his name | 这人改了名字 |
[21:55] | to climb out of his family tree. | 为了脱离他的族谱 |
[21:57] | Can you blame him? | 你能怪他吗 |
[21:59] | Looks like Carter has some problems of his own. | 看起来卡特自己也有问题 |
[22:02] | Disorderly conduct and resisting, | 扰乱社会治安 拒捕 |
[22:04] | misdemeanor assault. | 轻度袭击 |
[22:05] | It’s a nickel-and-dime sheet, | 都是些无关痛痒的案底 |
[22:07] | but he obviously has a violent streak. | 但他显然有暴力倾向 |
[22:09] | Well, if Carter Gibson is Ronald Jones’s son, | 如果卡特·吉普森是罗纳德·琼斯的儿子 |
[22:11] | he may just be a chip off the crazy old block. | 可能就是有其父必有其子了 |
[22:14] | I wonder how Carter took the news | 我在想卡特对于弗雷德·卡比 |
[22:16] | when Fred Kirby couldn’t identify the dad he was hoping for. | 没法鉴定出他期望的父亲反应如何 |
[22:19] | Well, you’re not the first person to wonder that. | 你不是第一个这么想的人 |
[22:21] | Sherlock and the captain took a couple of uniforms | 夏洛克和警监带着几个警察 |
[22:23] | over to his house. | 去他家了 |
[22:27] | Actually, they say they need us over there right away. | 实际上 他们要我们现在就过去 |
[22:51] | Quite a mess. | 一片狼藉啊 |
[22:52] | We knocked. No one answered. | 我们敲门了 没人应 |
[22:53] | Building manager let us in. | 大楼管理员给我们开了门 |
[22:55] | Got a pile of mail, trash is ripe– | 有一堆信件 垃圾也臭了 |
[22:59] | doesn’t look like Carter Gibson’s been home in days. | 看起来卡特·吉普森几天没回家了 |
[23:02] | Let me guess, we’re thinking he got into some kind of scrap | 让我猜猜 我们认为他在这里 |
[23:05] | with Fred Kirby and Pinky Wallace right here. | 跟弗雷德·卡比和小粉·华莱士打了起来 |
[23:08] | Carter won, | 卡特赢了 |
[23:08] | he cremated them, went on the run. | 他火化了他们 然后逃跑了 |
[23:10] | I just put his photo out to everyone in the field. | 我刚把他的照片发送给各个警察局了 |
[23:13] | Captain, if you would. | 警监 麻烦过来一下 |
[23:19] | We need to revise our theory of the crime that occurred | 我们对隔壁房间发生的罪案的推测 |
[23:22] | in the next room. | 需要进行调整 |
[23:23] | I don’t think Carter Gibson was the perpetrator, after all. | 我最终认为卡特·吉布森不是凶手 |
[23:27] | What am I missing? | 我错过了什么 |
[23:28] | Metal rods were mixed in with the cremains in the incinerator. | 焚化炉的骨灰里混杂着一些金属棒 |
[23:32] | They’re identical to the ones in this orthopedic brace. | 它们和这个矫正支架上的金属棒十分相似 |
[23:35] | Gibson had a gammy foot. | 吉布森有只跛脚 |
[23:36] | You can see in that photograph over there. | 你在那边的照片上可以看到 |
[23:38] | Now, one could argue | 那么 有人可能会怀疑 |
[23:39] | that he threw one of his braces into the incinerator to trick us, | 是他把他的一副支架扔进焚化炉来蒙骗我们 |
[23:42] | to make us think that he was dead, | 让我们以为他已经死了 |
[23:43] | but if he did that, | 但他如果那么做了 |
[23:45] | why wouldn’t he throw in that watch, as well? | 他为什么不把那只表也扔进去 |
[23:47] | It’s inscribed with his original name on the back. | 表的背面刻着他的原名 |
[23:49] | And if he’s a man on the run, | 而且如果他逃跑了 |
[23:50] | why didn’t he take his medication with him? | 他怎么不带上他的药 |
[23:53] | 感谢C·邓威蒂 2005年5月31日 | |
[23:54] | So, the second vic was Pinky Wallace. | 第二个被害者是小粉·华莱士 |
[23:56] | We thought it was him because he was tall. | 我们认为是他 是因为他很高 |
[23:58] | But this is size 14, and according to Carter’s sheet, | 但这是14码的鞋 而且根据卡特的资料表看 |
[24:01] | he’s six-three. | 他有一米九 |
[24:03] | You think half the blood out there is his? | 你认为外面的血有一半是他的吗 |
[24:05] | Just as I think that’s his handprint in the incinerator. | 正如我认为焚化炉中的手印也是他的 |
[24:09] | I think he was the one who was burned alive. | 我觉得他是那个被活活烧死的人 |
[24:20] | You guys find something? | 你们发现什么了吗 |
[24:22] | Killer left some partial footprints. | 凶手留下了部分的脚印 |
[24:25] | They stop right here, | 到这里就没有了 |
[24:25] | so you got to figure this is where he loaded Fred Kirby | 得考虑这就是他把弗雷德·卡比 |
[24:28] | and Carter Gibson’s bodies into a vehicle. | 和卡特·吉布森的尸体搬上车的地方 |
[24:31] | Pinky Wallace, Fred Kirby’s driver, | 小粉·华莱士 弗雷德·卡比的司机 |
[24:32] | disappeared around the same time that Fred did. | 和弗雷德在同一时间段消失了 |
[24:34] | So, he might be our guy, right? | 他可能就是我们要找的人 对吧 |
[24:36] | Well, you’d think so, only he isn’t. | 你可以这么想 不过他不是 |
[24:38] | Finest Message on him checked out | 在你和邻居谈话时 |
[24:39] | while you were talking to the neighbor. | 对他的通缉有了结果 |
[24:41] | Is he dead, too? | 他也死了吗 |
[24:42] | No, but he came close. | 没有 但差不多了 |
[24:43] | He’s been in the ICU at St. Bede’s for a week. | 他已经在圣彼得医院的重症监护室待了一周了 |
[24:46] | Checked himself in with a 104-degree fever. | 他在发烧40度时自己办理了住院 |
[24:48] | He was delirious. | 他那时已经神志不清了 |
[24:49] | Told the nurses his name was Lando Calrissian. | 他跟护士说他叫兰顿·卡瑞辛 |
[24:52] | That’s why we couldn’t find him. | 所以我们之前才没找到他 |
[24:53] | He’s got a long recovery from meningitis ahead of him, | 他需要一段很长的时间来治好脑膜炎 |
[24:56] | but no prison time. | 但不需要进监狱 |
[24:57] | How’d it go on your end? | 你那边调查得怎么样 |
[24:59] | Not great. The night that Fred Kirby disappeared, | 不太好 没人在弗雷德消失的那个晚上 |
[25:02] | nobody saw anything. | 看见了什么 |
[25:05] | So, a few people heard a loud bang around midnight. | 有几个人在半夜听到了砰的一声巨响 |
[25:08] | So, whatever happened here, | 无论这里发生了什么 |
[25:09] | maybe they finished it with a gun. | 或许他们是用枪结束的一切 |
[25:12] | Anybody find any slugs or casings? | 有人找到子弹或弹壳了吗 |
[25:14] | No, and they won’t. | 没有 而且他们找不到的 |
[25:16] | I can’t explain your bang, but this was no shooting. | 我无法解释你说的那声巨响 但那不是枪响 |
[25:20] | As you can see from the blood splatter on the walls | 你可以看到血溅到了墙上 |
[25:22] | and the ceiling, | 和天花板上 |
[25:24] | it’s not the misty spray that you’d associate with a gunshot. | 这不是能和枪击联系在一起的雾状喷射 |
[25:26] | The droplets are round. | 血滴是圆形的 |
[25:27] | They vary in size. | 它们大小各异 |
[25:29] | The killer used a blunt object. | 凶手用了一样钝器 |
[25:30] | Uh, I think I might even know which one. | 我觉得我甚至知道是哪一样 |
[25:35] | As you can see here, | 正如你在这看到的 |
[25:36] | Carter Gibson has twice been honored | 卡特·吉布森两度获得了 |
[25:39] | by the New York Charcot-Marie-Tooth Coalition. | 纽约腓骨肌萎缩症协会的嘉奖 |
[25:42] | Recipients of the Connecting My Talents Award receive | 「联合我天赋奖」的获得者会得到 |
[25:45] | a commemorative marble orb. | 一个大理石纪念球 |
[25:46] | 纽约腓骨肌萎缩症协会 授予卡特·吉布森2015年荣誉奖 | |
[25:48] | What’s a tooth coalition? | 什么是牙齿协会 |
[25:50] | Tooth is a surname, as are Charcot and Marie. | 图斯[同牙齿]是个姓 就像沙尔科和玛丽 |
[25:53] | They’re the doctors who first described the neurological disorder | 他们是首批将神经系统紊乱定义为 |
[25:56] | which is now more commonly known as CMT. | 现在更为人知的腓骨肌萎缩症[CMT]的医生 |
[25:59] | CMT attacks the peripheral nervous system, | CMT会损害外周神经 |
[26:02] | arms, legs, hands and feet. | 手臂 腿 手和脚 |
[26:04] | It’s degenerative and the symptoms get worse over time. | 它是退行性疾病 患病时间越长症状越严重 |
[26:07] | Now, if Carter Gibson had it, | 如果卡特·吉布森得了这种病 |
[26:09] | it would explain the orthopedic braces | 这就能解释矫正支架了 |
[26:11] | and probably the medications he was taking. | 可能他服用的药物也是因为这个 |
[26:13] | So, Carter raised money and awareness for his disease | 卡特筹集了资金并提高了对自身疾病的认识 |
[26:16] | and the coalition gave him one of those. | 协会就颁给了他一个那种球 |
[26:19] | They gave him two. | 他们给了他两个 |
[26:20] | These photographs tell us | 这些照片告诉我们 |
[26:21] | that he received the award in 2013 and 2015. | 他在2013年和2015年受到了嘉奖 |
[26:26] | The older one is missing. | 更早的那个不见了 |
[26:28] | And you think it’s because the killer took it with him | 你认为这是因为凶手在用它砸完二人脑袋后 |
[26:30] | after he used it to bash two skulls in? | 把它带走了吗 |
[26:32] | He grabbed it there and started swinging? | 他抓起它然后开始猛击受害者 |
[26:35] | The blood evidence would indicate that. | 血迹表明正是如此 |
[26:38] | An arcing motion like this… | 像这样的弧形动作 |
[26:44] | …would result in blood splatter like that. | 会产生那样的血迹 |
[26:46] | So, now we know how the mess was made, | 所以我们现在知道了犯罪现场是怎么形成的 |
[26:48] | but who made it? | 但是谁做的呢 |
[26:53] | How’s it going? | 有什么进展 |
[26:54] | Slowly, but we think we figured out the real reason | 很少 但我们可能发现了 |
[26:56] | that Carter Gibson was looking for his biological father. | 卡特·吉普森寻找他生父的真正理由 |
[26:59] | I just got off the phone with Leonard Jones, | 我刚给莱纳德·琼斯打了电话 |
[27:01] | Ronald Jones’s father. | 他是罗纳德·琼斯的父亲 |
[27:03] | I was calling to notify him | 我打电话告诉他 |
[27:04] | that we think his grandson, Carter, | 我们认为他的孙子 卡特 |
[27:05] | was the victim of a homicide. | 是一起谋杀案的被害者 |
[27:07] | He didn’t take it too hard. | 他并没觉得无法接受 |
[27:08] | Apparently, they’d been estranged most of Carter’s life. | 显然 他们和卡特的关系很疏离 |
[27:11] | That changed earlier this year. | 但是今年年初有了改变 |
[27:13] | Carter’s CMT was getting worse. | 卡特的CMT症状恶化了 |
[27:15] | The disease is inherited and the symptoms tend to follow | 这种疾病是遗传性的 |
[27:17] | a similar course within families. | 家族里会产生相同症状 |
[27:19] | Now, no one on his mother’s side had it, | 但他母亲的家族没有人有此症状 |
[27:21] | so Carter reached out to his paternal grandfather | 所以卡特联系了他的祖父 |
[27:23] | to find out what he could expect. | 想找到相同症状的人 |
[27:25] | Thing is, there was no CMT on that side of the family, either. | 问题是他父亲一方也没人患有CMT |
[27:28] | – How is that possible? – 30 years ago, | -这怎么可能 -30年前 |
[27:30] | no one really knew why Ronald Jones shot up the courthouse | 没人知道罗纳德·琼斯为什么枪击法庭 |
[27:33] | where his wife worked, | 而且是他妻子工作的地方 |
[27:34] | but Grandpa Leonard always had a sneaking suspicion. | 但是祖父莱纳德暗自有个猜测 |
[27:37] | Ronald had figured out he wasn’t Carter’s real dad. | 罗纳德发现了他不是卡特的亲生父亲 |
[27:40] | That would explain some things, | 这就能说明一些事实了 |
[27:41] | like why the four people he killed | 比如为什么他杀的四个人 |
[27:42] | and the six he wounded were all men. | 以及射伤的六个人都是男人 |
[27:44] | He thought one of them was sleeping with his wife. | 他认为其中一个人和他妻子有外遇 |
[27:47] | It’s an old secret, | 这种事并不新鲜了 |
[27:47] | but maybe someone figured it was still worth killing over. | 但也许有人为此不惜杀人 |
[27:51] | We were just about to call the relatives of the people | 我们正要联系对弗雷德·卡比 |
[27:53] | who filed restraining orders against Fred Kirby, | 申请禁制令的人的亲属 |
[27:55] | see if any of them had CMT. | 看是否有人患有CMT |
[27:57] | Just tread lightly. | 行事小心 |
[27:59] | If one of them did this, we don’t want to tip them. | 如果是他们中某人做的 最好不要打草惊蛇 |
[28:04] | Mr. Garmendia. | 加门迪亚先生 |
[28:05] | Sorry to stop by unannounced like this, | 抱歉突然登门造访 |
[28:08] | but your address is in our files. | 但我们档案里有你的地址 |
[28:09] | If you’re looking for an update on the investigation | 如果你想知道弗雷德·卡比案件的最新消息 |
[28:11] | of Fred Kirby’s murder, I’m afraid I can’t help you. | 很抱歉我不能帮你 |
[28:13] | There have been some developments, | 虽然有些进展 |
[28:14] | but they need to remain confidential. | 但需要保密 |
[28:16] | I don’t want an update. | 我不想知道进展 |
[28:18] | I’m here to talk to you, detective to detective. | 我想和你谈谈 侦探之间的谈话 |
[28:26] | I know you broke into NYOOPI’s computer today. | 我知道你今天入侵了NYOOPI的官网 |
[28:30] | Someone used Fred Kirby’s old log-in | 有人用了弗雷德·卡比的旧账号 |
[28:33] | from an I.P. Address inside the NYPD, | IP地址是纽约警局 |
[28:36] | and then they downloaded a bunch of our tax records. | 然后下载了我们组织大量税务记录 |
[28:40] | I could tell you didn’t like us when we met. | 第一次见面我就知道你不喜欢我们 |
[28:43] | Got the feeling we embarrass you. | 觉得我们让你丢脸 |
[28:46] | You want to tell me what you’re up to? | 你要告诉我你想干什么吗 |
[28:49] | It’s quite simple, really. | 其实很简单 |
[28:50] | I’m going to dismantle your organization. | 我想解散你的组织 |
[28:53] | NYOOPI is a blight | NYOOPI是业界毒瘤 |
[28:54] | on the profession which I love. | 是我热爱的行业的毒瘤 |
[28:56] | It enables con men and imbeciles | 它允许骗子和智障的人 |
[28:57] | to pass themselves off as detectives. | 称呼自己为侦探 |
[28:59] | Your group deserves to be exposed | 你的组织名不副实 |
[29:01] | as the rubber stamp that it is. | 这事应该被揭露 |
[29:04] | Would it surprise you to know | 如果我说我同意你的观点 |
[29:06] | that I agree with you about NYOOPI? | 你会觉得惊讶吗 |
[29:11] | I was an investigator for the ATF for over 15 years | 我做私人侦探前 在烟草火器与爆炸物管理局 |
[29:14] | before I went private. | 做了15年调查员 |
[29:16] | I get steamed when I see the kind of folks that are advertising | 看到那些人被授予我们的银星 |
[29:19] | with our silver star. | 我很愤怒 |
[29:22] | That’s why I got involved, only I don’t want to destroy it. | 所以我才选择了加入 但我不是想毁了它 |
[29:26] | I want to turn it around. | 我想改变它 |
[29:27] | We’re offering training seminars now. | 现在我们提供培训讲座 |
[29:29] | We just launched a message board | 而且我们刚建立了 |
[29:32] | where people can crowdsource their cases. | 人们可以共同处理案件的留言板 |
[29:35] | I want NYOOPI to help its members | 我想让NYOOPI帮助它的成员 |
[29:37] | be better at what they do. | 变得更专业 |
[29:39] | Your members want to be better? | 你的成员们想变好吗 |
[29:41] | A lot of them mean well. | 很多人想 |
[29:43] | That’s not what I asked. | 我问的不是这个 |
[29:44] | How many of them are attending your classes? | 有多少人出席了你的课程 |
[29:45] | How many are on the message board? | 有多少人用了留言板 |
[29:47] | All I’m asking for is a little more time. | 我还需要些时间 |
[29:49] | NYOOPI’s had decades. | NYOOPI已经成立数十年了 |
[29:50] | Not with me they haven’t. | 但之前没有我 |
[29:53] | Look, Mr. Holmes, this-this thing we do, | 福尔摩斯先生 我们做的事 |
[29:56] | this job, it’s important. | 这份工作 它很重要 |
[29:57] | Now, you say you don’t like a lot of our membership. | 你说你不喜欢我们的大多数成员 |
[30:00] | I get that, but at least they’re in one place now. | 我懂 但至少他们现在集中在一处 |
[30:03] | NYOOPI goes away, | 如果NYOOPI解散 |
[30:05] | and they scatter in the wind. | 他们就会散落在各地 |
[30:06] | And I won’t know if I could’ve made them better. | 这样我就不知道我能否帮他们变好 |
[30:08] | I won’t know if I could’ve kept a few from getting killed. | 我也不知道我能不能保护他们不受伤害 |
[30:12] | Now, it’s too late for Fred Kirby, | 对弗雷德·卡比来说已经晚了 |
[30:14] | but it’s not too late for the rest. | 但对其他人来说并不晚 |
[30:19] | All I can promise you is that your organization will be spared | 我只能保证办完弗雷德·卡比的谋杀案之前 |
[30:21] | my full energies until I have solved Fred Kirby’s murder. | 我不会全力处理你的组织 |
[30:26] | Well, I know how good you are, | 我知道你有多厉害 |
[30:27] | so I guess that doesn’t give me much time. | 那看来我也不剩多少时间了 |
[30:31] | Thanks for hearing me out. | 谢谢你听我说这些 |
[30:49] | Sherlock? | 夏洛克 |
[30:49] | In your bedroom. | 在你卧室 |
[30:58] | Hello. | 你好 |
[31:00] | Okay, whatever this is, | 好吧 不管这是什么鬼 |
[31:02] | does it really need to be happening in my bedroom? | 非要在我房间里搞吗 |
[31:04] | This is helping me determine how much force was used | 这些可以帮我确定要用多大力量 |
[31:07] | to beat Carter Gibson and Fred Kirby to death. | 才能把卡特·吉普森和弗雷德·卡比打死 |
[31:10] | I didn’t think you’d mind. | 我觉得你不会介意的 |
[31:11] | Okay, so, you’ve already made one miscalculation. | 好吧 所以你已经算错一次了 |
[31:14] | So, how is the rest of your math going? | 那剩下的你算得怎么样 |
[31:17] | Take this. | 拿着这个 |
[31:19] | Yeah. | 来 |
[31:22] | That spatter pattern I’ve painted in black there, | 那边我画的黑色溅射痕迹 |
[31:25] | how far is it from Mr. Coconut? | 离椰子先生多远 |
[31:32] | 17 feet, seven inches. | 五米三 |
[31:35] | That is precisely the distance that blood and viscera traveled | 这正是卡特·吉普森公寓的犯罪现场中 |
[31:38] | from the bookcase to the far wall | 血液和内脏从书架 |
[31:41] | at the murder scene in Carter Gibson’s apartment. | 飞溅到最远的墙的距离 |
[31:44] | Okay, so why did you think to check that? | 好吧 那你为什么要测量这个 |
[31:46] | Because it is one of the most distant blood spatters | 因为那是我见过血液溅射的 |
[31:49] | I’ve ever encountered. | 最远距离 |
[31:50] | So distant, in fact, that efforts to recreate it | 如此之远 事实上 用我自己的手臂 |
[31:52] | with my own arms have fallen decidedly short. | 重现出来的距离明显短了很多 |
[31:55] | Maybe you need a stronger arm. | 也许你的手臂不够强壮 |
[31:57] | Between an adolescence spent at the cricket ground | 少年时期一直打板球 |
[32:00] | and two decades training in the combat arts, | 还练了二十年的搏斗术 |
[32:02] | my arm strength is a little above average. | 我的手臂力量稍胜普通人 |
[32:04] | Now, this tropical drupe is filled with | 这个热带核果里面装满了 |
[32:08] | a synthetic blood of my own design. | 我自己设计的人造血 |
[32:09] | And I’m gonna murder it… | 我要将它谋杀 |
[32:12] | with a candlepin bowling ball, | 用一只保龄球 |
[32:14] | which is almost identical in size | 其大小与重量 |
[32:15] | and weight to the marble award that was used. | 和凶手使用的大理石球完全相同 |
[32:39] | Not even close. | 还差得远 |
[32:41] | My best effort, when my arms were still fresh, | 我的最好记录 在手臂力量充沛的时候 |
[32:44] | created a blood spatter which reached 14.3 feet. | 溅射的血液距离是4.3米 |
[32:47] | Okay, so… | 好吧 那 |
[32:50] | our killer is a contestant in the world’s strongest man? | 凶手是世界上最强壮的人之一 |
[32:53] | Not quite. | 不完全对 |
[32:55] | This experiment has shown that creating that pattern | 这个实验证明要造成那种溅射痕迹 |
[32:58] | requires power and form. | 需要力量以及技巧 |
[33:01] | The force and motion required to create the spatter pattern | 造成卡特·吉普森公寓中的溅射痕迹 |
[33:04] | at Carter Gibson’s apartment are commensurate with | 所需的力量和技巧 |
[33:06] | throwing a 98 mile-an-hour fastball. | 与投出时速157公里的棒球相同 |
[33:09] | That’s major league heat. | 那是职棒大联盟的速度 |
[33:11] | Yeah, which is precisely why our killer | 没错 这就是为什么凶手 |
[33:14] | is on the verge of making major league millions. | 即将靠职棒大联盟比赛拿到数百万合约金 |
[33:17] | You told me about him the other day. | 你那天跟我提过他 |
[33:22] | You think I look like this Carter guy? | 你觉得我长得像这个叫卡特的 |
[33:24] | A little. | 有一点 |
[33:25] | You both have your father’s ears. | 你们都遗传了父亲的耳朵 |
[33:28] | Your dad had an affair with Rita Dunwitty. | 你爸爸和丽塔·邓威蒂有私情 |
[33:31] | Carter’s mom. | 卡特的妈妈 |
[33:32] | He was your half-brother. | 他是你同父异母的兄弟 |
[33:33] | Now, you can deny it if you want, | 你想否认也可以 |
[33:35] | but we’re gonna order a DNA test to confirm. | 但我们可以做DNA测试来证明 |
[33:41] | I don’t believe anything you’re saying. | 我不信你们说的任何事 |
[33:43] | But, if it’s true, so what? | 但就算是真的又怎么样 |
[33:46] | It’s why you killed him. | 这就是为什么你杀了他 |
[33:47] | Along with the detective he hired | 还杀了那个他雇来 |
[33:49] | to find his real father. | 找他亲生父亲的侦探 |
[33:50] | Carter grew up thinking that his father | 卡特这么多年来一直以为自己的父亲 |
[33:52] | was a mass shooter. | 是个杀人凶手 |
[33:54] | It followed him around like a dark cloud. | 这个念头像乌云一样跟着他 |
[33:56] | We think that Fred Kirby uncovered evidence of the affair. | 我们认为弗雷德·卡比发现了私情的证据 |
[33:59] | Now, if we’re right, | 如果我们是对的 |
[34:00] | and Carter could prove that his real father | 卡特就能证明他真正的父亲 |
[34:02] | was actually the hero who stopped the shooting, | 其实是阻止枪击的英雄 |
[34:05] | he probably couldn’t wait to tell the world. | 他可能等不及要告诉全世界 |
[34:07] | That was gonna be a real problem for you, wasn’t it? | 那样的话对你来说就是问题了 对吧 |
[34:11] | I have no idea what you’re talking about. | 我根本不知道你们在说什么 |
[34:13] | We’re talking about CMT. | 我们在说CMT |
[34:15] | What? | 什么 |
[34:15] | Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease. | 腓骨肌萎缩症 |
[34:18] | It’s a genetic neuromuscular disorder. | 这是一种遗传神经肌肉障碍症 |
[34:20] | Carter had it. | 卡特就有 |
[34:21] | And given that it’s passed down paternally, | 鉴于这种病是父系遗传 |
[34:23] | we’re guessing that you do, too. | 我们猜你也有 |
[34:25] | You knew that if anyone discovered you had it, | 你知道如果有人发现你有这种遗传病 |
[34:27] | your plans of making millions as a major league pitcher | 你作为职棒投手赚得数百万合约金的计划 |
[34:30] | would be wiped out. | 就泡汤了 |
[34:31] | We can’t imagine a team offering | 我们想不出哪个职业球队 |
[34:33] | a big contract to someone who could wake up one morning | 会与一个可能某天早上起来 |
[34:36] | and suddenly lose all feeling in his throwing arm. | 手臂就突然失去知觉的人签合约 |
[34:39] | If a well-known CMT advocate like Carter | 如果一个像卡特这样的知名CMT宣传者 |
[34:41] | shared the news about finding his real family, | 与大家分享了他找到真正家庭的新闻 |
[34:43] | say if he put it out on social media, | 假设他发布在社交网站上 |
[34:46] | it would’ve been a matter of time | 那么有人把这两者联系起来 |
[34:47] | before someone put two and two together. | 就只是时间问题了 |
[34:50] | Now, you needed the whole thing to go away | 你需要让这整件事告吹 |
[34:51] | so you could still cash in. | 好让你继续职业生涯赚钱 |
[34:53] | You guys are crazy. | 你们真是疯了 |
[34:55] | Forget CMT, | 忘了什么CMT吧 |
[34:56] | look at my ERA. | 看看我投的球的防御率 |
[34:57] | I’m pitching great; I-I don’t have a muscle disorder. | 我是个超棒的投手 我可没得什么肌肉紊乱症 |
[34:59] | All right, then, let’s talk about something | 好吧 那我们来聊聊 |
[35:00] | you definitely don’t have: | 你肯定没有的东西 |
[35:02] | an alibi for the night of the murders. | 谋杀发生当晚的不在场证明 |
[35:04] | That’s because you were at Carter’s apartment. | 因为你当时就在卡特的公寓里 |
[35:06] | He and Fred were telling you things you didn’t want to hear, | 他和弗雷德跟你说了些不中听的话 |
[35:09] | so you took Carter’s award down from the shelf, | 于是你从架子上取下了卡特的那个奖章 |
[35:12] | and you killed them with it. | 并用作凶器杀了他们 |
[35:13] | Only a matter of time until we find it. | 我们找到凶器只是时间问题 |
[35:16] | Got to think it’ll have | 好好想想等我们找到它 |
[35:17] | your fingerprints on it when we do. | 你该怎么解释上面那些你的指纹吧 |
[35:22] | I need you two. | 你们两个过来一下 |
[35:24] | Now. | 就现在 |
[35:33] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[35:34] | He was about to give it up. | 他都快交代了 |
[35:36] | Well, that would’ve been a real problem for the D.A. | 那对于地检来说可就麻烦了 |
[35:38] | How so? | 怎么说 |
[35:40] | That’s Paul Fontino. | 那是保罗·梵提诺 |
[35:41] | He’s Houston’s pitching coach. | 他是休斯顿的投掷教练 |
[35:44] | He just confessed to both murders. | 他刚承认两起谋杀案都是他干的 |
[35:59] | Sorry about the wait, Mr. Fontino. | 抱歉让你久等了 梵提诺先生 |
[36:02] | We just had to confirm there really were bloodstains | 我们只是得确认一下你车子的 |
[36:04] | in the trunk of your car. | 后备箱确实有一些血迹 |
[36:06] | Don’t know why you’d think I’d lie about such a thing. | 不知道你们为什么会认为我会在这种事上撒谎 |
[36:08] | Maybe because we can’t quite figure out | 也许是因为我们搞不明白 |
[36:10] | why you would do such a thing. | 你为什么会做这种事 |
[36:12] | You’ve had two parking tickets in the last 20 years. | 你在过去20年的违法记录只有两张违停罚单 |
[36:15] | But this past weekend, you just snap? | 然而上周末 你突然就发疯了 |
[36:18] | Murder two people? | 一下子杀了两个人 |
[36:20] | I’ve been working with Houston Spivey for six years. | 我作为休斯顿·斯皮维的教练已经6年了 |
[36:24] | Found him when he was a skinny little high school sophomore. | 他还是个瘦弱的高二学生时我就发掘了他 |
[36:28] | He’s a good kid. | 他是个好孩子 |
[36:30] | He’s got a hell of a future. | 前途无量 |
[36:32] | I didn’t want to see it wasted. | 我不想看到他的才能被白白浪费掉 |
[36:34] | What does that mean? | 你这话什么意思 |
[36:35] | Last week, he tells me this Carter guy | 上周 他告诉我这个叫卡特的家伙 |
[36:38] | and his crazy P.I., | 和他的疯子私人侦探 |
[36:40] | they’re after him for a blood test. | 缠着他让他做血液检测 |
[36:42] | Well, he told us he’d never seen Carter Gibson | 休斯顿告诉我们他这辈子都没见过 |
[36:44] | before in his life. | 卡特·吉普森 |
[36:45] | You ever been 21 years old before? | 你没经历过21岁的青春年华吗 |
[36:48] | Kid’s scared. | 那孩子是吓坏了 |
[36:50] | I mean, if you think Houston asked me to do this, | 我是说 如果你觉得是休斯顿叫我去杀人的 |
[36:53] | you got the wrong idea. | 那你们可就大错特错了 |
[36:54] | He wanted to pay them. | 他想付钱跟他们私了 |
[36:55] | – He asked me for the money. – What money? | -他找我要钱 -什么钱 |
[36:57] | They were extorting him; they wanted $50,000 to keep quiet. | 他们敲诈他五万美元不把这事声张出去 |
[37:01] | And they thought Houston, a college student, | 他们觉得休斯顿作为一个大学生 |
[37:03] | would have 50 grand lying around? | 手头会有五万美元现金吗 |
[37:05] | I’m sure they figured that a future first rounder | 我相信他们肯定是觉得一位未来的首轮新秀 |
[37:07] | would be able to get his hands on some money | 如果想弄点钱的话 |
[37:09] | if he really wanted it. | 一定能弄到 |
[37:11] | He probably could’ve. | 他或许真能弄到 |
[37:12] | But I didn’t think it was right. | 但我觉得这样不对 |
[37:14] | I told Houston I’d handle it. | 我告诉休斯顿说我来处理这件事 |
[37:16] | So you set up a meeting? | 于是你就安排了一次和他俩的会面 |
[37:19] | At Carter’s apartment. | 地点就在卡特的公寓 |
[37:20] | I thought I’d rant and rave a little and get them to back off. | 我以为我凶一点就能让他们退缩 |
[37:25] | But they weren’t budging. | 但他们并没有动摇 |
[37:27] | I saw red, | 我一下就火了 |
[37:28] | grabbed this… | 拿起那个 |
[37:30] | marble statue thing off from the shelf… | 放在架子上的大理石雕塑一样的玩意儿 |
[37:35] | that was that. | 事情就是这样 |
[37:39] | Well, he’s lying obviously. | 他很显然是在撒谎 |
[37:40] | I mean, it’s a tale as old as time. | 我是说 这故事简直老掉牙 |
[37:41] | Or at least as old as professional sports. | 最起码跟职业运动历史一样老 |
[37:43] | The sins of the entitled athlete | 体育界冉冉新星的罪行 |
[37:45] | being swept under the rug by his enablers. | 被他的教练掩盖 |
[37:48] | I’m sure Mr. Fontino’s family | 我非常确定梵提诺先生的家人 |
[37:50] | will be enjoying the blood money he’s earning | 会在休斯顿·斯皮维通过新秀选拔后 |
[37:53] | as soon as Houston Spivey’s name is called in the draft. | 一直享受他后续所挣得的那些带血的钱 |
[37:56] | Well, the lab says the blood in Fontino’s trunk | 实验室那边说梵提诺那辆车后备箱里的血迹 |
[37:58] | was a match for the victims. | 和两位受害人吻合 |
[37:59] | And he knew about the murder weapon. | 而且他知道那件凶器 |
[38:01] | He knew about it, couldn’t produce it though, could he? | 他知道 但他拿不出来 对吗 |
[38:03] | He said he threw it off the Staten Island Ferry. | 他说他把凶器在史坦顿岛渡轮码头扔掉了 |
[38:05] | Yeah, another lie, no doubt. | 是啊 毫无疑问又是个谎言 |
[38:08] | Look, I’ll concede that he was an accessory after the fact. | 听着 我承认他是个事后从犯 |
[38:10] | I don’t think there’s any coincidence | 我不认为那两具尸体 |
[38:12] | that the bodies were disposed of | 在他表兄的火葬场被销毁 |
[38:13] | at his cousin’s crematorium, | 仅仅是个巧合 |
[38:15] | but I refuse to believe he’s our killer. | 但我不相信他就是我们要找的凶手 |
[38:17] | Then you should’ve come with me to the precinct | 那你当时就应该跟我去分局 |
[38:19] | instead of trying to dig up more dirt on NYOOPI. | 而不是试图挖掘更多NYOOPI的黑料 |
[38:22] | Yes, I should have. | 是的 确实 |
[38:24] | Found what I need, though. | 但我找到了我想要的东西 |
[38:25] | – What do you mean? – I mean, | -什么意思 -我的意思是 |
[38:27] | this time tomorrow, NYOOPI will be no more. | 明天此时 NYOOPI就将不复存在了 |
[38:31] | For what it’s worth, Fontino was a college pitcher. | 不管怎样 梵提诺以前曾是位大学校队投手 |
[38:35] | Yes, he was. That was 45 years ago. | 没错 可那是45年前的事了 |
[38:37] | Now he’s a retiree with a herniated disc | 现在他是个患有椎间盘突出的退休人员 |
[38:39] | and arthritis in both hands. | 而且双手都有关节炎 |
[38:41] | I mean, he’d have trouble lifting the murder weapon | 他连把凶器举过头顶 |
[38:43] | above his head, | 都很难办到 |
[38:44] | let alone swinging it hard enough | 更别说狠狠地 |
[38:45] | to send blood flying across the room. | 把人砸得血沫能飞溅到对面房间的墙上了 |
[38:52] | That was the sound. | 就是那个声音 |
[38:53] | What? | 什么 |
[38:54] | A bang. | 那声巨响 |
[38:55] | Carter’s neighbors said they heard a noise that night, | 卡特的邻居说他们那晚听到了不小的动静 |
[38:57] | a bang. | 一声巨响 |
[39:02] | Thanks for coming in, Mr. Spivey. | 谢谢你过来 斯皮维先生 |
[39:05] | I don’t understand why I’m here again. | 我不明白又找我来干什么 |
[39:06] | When I gave my statement about Coach Fontino, | 关于梵提诺教练的事 我上次给证词的时候 |
[39:08] | my lawyer said that would be it. | 我的律师说应该完事了 |
[39:09] | He’s right, you don’t have to say anything today. | 是完事了 你今天什么也不用说 |
[39:12] | I’m just curious, | 我只是好奇 |
[39:13] | do you know what the worst pitch you ever threw was? | 你知道你投的最糟的一球是哪次吗 |
[39:18] | gave up a two-run double in the playoffs last year. | 去年的附加赛上放弃了一个二垒安打 |
[39:20] | Hung a curve. | 挂了个曲线球 |
[39:22] | Actually, it was when you flung the murder weapon | 其实是你抛出凶器的那次 |
[39:24] | from the scene of the double homicide you committed. | 就在你犯下的双重谋杀的现场 |
[39:31] | Two of Carter Gibson’s neighbors | 卡特·吉普森的两名邻居 |
[39:33] | heard a bang like that the night he and Fred Kirby were killed. | 在他和弗雷德被害那晚听到了这样的一声巨响 |
[39:36] | They thought it was a car backfiring. | 他们以为是车回火了 |
[39:38] | We wondered if maybe it was a gunshot. | 我们原本怀疑可能是枪响 |
[39:40] | Turns out, it was the sound of a perfect strike. | 结果发现是一次完美的撞击的声音 |
[39:43] | You left tracks at the scene. | 你在现场留下了痕迹 |
[39:46] | Bloody footprints from Carter’s door | 带血的脚印从卡特的门口 |
[39:49] | to your coach’s car. | 走到了你教练的车上 |
[39:51] | Stood to reason you took the murder weapon | 似乎很合理 你应该把凶器 |
[39:53] | along with the bodies. | 和尸体一起带走了 |
[39:55] | Only you didn’t. | 可你没有 |
[39:57] | You threw it 245 feet | 你把它扔进了 |
[39:59] | into that Dumpster. | 75米外的垃圾箱 |
[40:00] | It’s pretty impressive. | 非常惊人 |
[40:02] | But like I said, it was the worst pitch of your life. | 可我说了 那是你人生最糟的一次投球 |
[40:05] | The blood of both victims and your fingerprints | 那上面布满了两名死者的血 |
[40:07] | are all over it. | 和你的指纹 |
[40:09] | What happened? | 发生了什么 |
[40:10] | Did you think you heard someone coming? | 你以为听到了有人来的声音吗 |
[40:13] | You panicked, threw it as far as you could? | 你慌了 然后就尽全力扔了出去 |
[40:19] | I’d like my lawyer now, please. | 我要找我的律师 谢谢 |
[40:27] | Sherlock? | 夏洛克 |
[40:30] | Is that why you called me down here, | 你叫我下来就为了这个吗 为了我给咱俩报名 |
[40:31] | to troll me again for enrolling us in NYOOPI? | 加入NYOOPI的事再损我一次 |
[40:34] | Gonna mark you down a point for poor observational skills. | 要给你扣一分 因为观察技能欠缺 |
[40:37] | Look more closely. | 看仔细点 |
[40:40] | ESOOPI “ESOOPI”? | |
[40:41] | I spoke to NYOOPI President Louis Garmendia this morning. | 我今早跟NYOOPI的主席谈过了 |
[40:45] | He has agreed to shutter the organization, | 他同意关停组织 |
[40:47] | as I predicted he would. | 正如我预料的那样 |
[40:49] | But, like a phoenix rising from the dung heap, | 不过 就像凤凰会重生 |
[40:51] | a new trade organization has been born to take its place: | 一个新的组织诞生顶替了它的位子 |
[40:55] | ESOOPI ESOOPI. | |
[40:56] | The Empire State Order of Private Investigators. | 帝国私人侦探社 |
[40:59] | All members of the former NYOOPI | 之前纽约社的所有成员 |
[41:01] | will be allowed to stay on. | 都可以继续留任 |
[41:02] | And Mr. Garmendia will be retaining his position as president. | 加门迪亚先生也将继续担任主席 |
[41:06] | Is that what you meant when you said NYOOPI would be no more? | 你之前说纽约社将不复存在了就是这个意思吗 |
[41:09] | So what’s the point? | 到底重点是什么 |
[41:10] | Now there’s a group that’s gonna be handing out | 现在有个组织将颁发金星 |
[41:12] | gold stars instead of silver ones? | 而不是银星了 |
[41:14] | No. Nothing will be handed out. | 不 什么也不会发 |
[41:16] | Gold stars and a listing on the group’s all-important Web site | 金星和被列入组织网站名录的机会 |
[41:20] | will be earned | 将会被 |
[41:21] | by members who complete a course of my own design. | 完成了我亲自设计的课程的人获得 |
[41:24] | It’s compulsory, not optional. | 是强制性的 不是可选的 |
[41:27] | You really think 1,200 dues-paying members | 你真觉得1200个缴纳会费的会员 |
[41:29] | are gonna sit still for that? | 会乖乖坐着完成课程 |
[41:30] | I don’t believe they’re gonna have a choice. | 我觉得他们没得选 |
[41:33] | I spent all of yesterday | 我昨天花了一整天 |
[41:34] | poring over the bylaws that they agreed to when they joined; | 仔细研究了他们加入时同意遵守的条款 |
[41:37] | NYOOPI is more than allowed to change its name and its standards. | 纽约社不仅有权更改组织名和标准 |
[41:41] | And any members that don’t appreciate | 而且任何不重视 |
[41:42] | that kind of attention to detail | 这种对细节的关注的人 |
[41:44] | will learn to. | 都要学习 |
[41:45] | Or they’ll forfeit their membership. | 否则他们就将丧失会员资格 |
[41:48] | Is that…? | 那是… |
[41:49] | The test, yes. | 测试 是的 |
[41:51] | I thought you would be honored to be the first ESOOPI member | 我想着你应该很荣幸作为帝国社的 |
[41:53] | to attempt it. | 第一个成员来试着完成它 |
[41:57] | “List three suitable methods for determining the age | 「列出三种适当的方式 来判断 |
[41:59] | of a fecal deposit on a…” | 哪哪哪的粪便沉积的年份」 |
[42:01] | This is the first question? | 这是第一个问题吗 |
[42:02] | Two hours, Watson. | 限时两小时 华生 |
[42:05] | Make me proud. | 让我骄傲点 |