时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:12] | Hi, how can I help you? | 你好 有什么需要帮忙的 |
[00:14] | I’m looking for Sherlock Holmes. | 我找夏洛克·福尔摩斯 |
[00:16] | My name’s Jack Brunelle. | 我叫杰克·布鲁内尔 |
[00:18] | I was hoping he could help me with a case. | 我有个案子想请他帮忙 |
[00:20] | 18 months ago, my son was assaulted by a man | 18个月前 我儿子在皇后区一家熟食店外 |
[00:23] | in a ski mask outside a deli in Queens. | 被一个头戴滑雪面罩的男人袭击 |
[00:26] | They tell me Mr. Holmes is the secret weapon of the NYPD. | 他们告诉我夏洛克先生是纽约警局的秘密武器 |
[00:30] | I was hoping he could help identify my son’s attacker. | 我想请他帮我找到袭击我儿子的人 |
[00:34] | I’d really love to help you, | 我很想帮您 |
[00:35] | but we’re smack in the middle of something. | 但我们现在脱不开身 |
[00:36] | A man in Riverdale was murdered | 一位男子因一块价值连城的蒙古化石 |
[00:38] | over a priceless Mongolian fossil. | 在河谷区遇害了 |
[00:40] | I know you’re busy, but it would only take a few minutes. | 我知道你们很忙 但这只用你们几分钟时间 |
[00:43] | Excuse me. Hey, Sherlock. | 抱歉 喂 夏洛克 |
[00:45] | Yes, I am on my way. | 是的 我这就到 |
[00:47] | Mr. Brunelle, maybe you can come back another time? | 布鲁内尔先生 或许您能换个时间再来 |
[00:58] | This guy was at the door. | 这人在门口 |
[00:59] | Says he absolutely needs to talk to you. | 说他一定要和你谈谈 |
[01:04] | Mr. Sherlock Holmes. | 夏洛克·福尔摩斯先生 |
[01:06] | I’m Jack Brunelle. | 我叫杰克·布鲁内尔 |
[01:07] | Mr. Brunelle, yes. You wrote to me several times. | 布鲁内尔先生 你给我写过几封信 |
[01:10] | Your son Connor was attacked, ended up in a coma, | 你的儿子康纳遇袭 陷入昏迷 |
[01:13] | and when he finally regained consciousness, | 当他终于清醒时 |
[01:14] | he was addicted to painkillers, right? | 他已对止痛药上瘾 对吗 |
[01:16] | And then heroin. | 之后是海洛因上瘾 |
[01:18] | He died from an overdose less than a year later. | 不到一年时间 他就因吸毒过量死掉了 |
[01:21] | Oh, I’m truly sorry. | 非常抱歉 |
[01:22] | Connor was murdered. | 康纳是被杀的 |
[01:24] | Now, you can draw a straight line | 完全可以将他的遇袭 |
[01:26] | from the assault to his death, | 与他的过世直接联系在一起 |
[01:29] | but the police treated it like it was just another mugging. | 但警方认为那只是一桩抢劫案 |
[01:32] | Still, we’re kind of in the middle of something right now. | 然而 我们现在脱不开身 |
[01:37] | Could you have your son maybe wait outside? | 能让你儿子到外边待会儿吗 |
[01:39] | Gross! | 不是吧 |
[01:40] | Mason is not my offspring. | 梅森不是我的后代 |
[01:42] | He’s a budding computer scientist. | 他是一位新生的计算机科学家 |
[01:44] | He’s helping me evaluate | 他在帮我估算 |
[01:45] | the artificial intelligence of that doll, | 那个娃娃的人工智能 |
[01:48] | as part of a murder investigation. | 这是一起凶案调查的一环 |
[01:50] | I receive many inquiries like yours. | 我收到过许多像您这样的请求 |
[01:52] | Unfortunately, circumstance dictates | 不幸的是 受大环境限制 |
[01:55] | that I can only apply my talents where they are most needed. | 我的天赋只能用于真正需要它们的地方 |
[01:58] | I need your talents. | 我需要你的天赋 |
[02:00] | Connor needs your talents. | 康纳需要你的天赋 |
[02:02] | Well, you have my genuine sympathy, Mr. Brunelle, | 我给您我最真挚的同情 布鲁内尔先生 |
[02:04] | but I’m sorry, | 但很抱歉 |
[02:05] | you can’t have my help. | 我无法给您帮助 |
[02:13] | Mr. Brunelle, I admire your persistence, | 布鲁内尔先生 我很欣赏您的坚持 |
[02:15] | but I’m afraid human nature hasn’t changed | 但我想 跟您上次拜访时一样 |
[02:17] | since your last visit. | 人的本性难移 |
[02:18] | We remain awash with murder. | 我们因凶案脱不开身 |
[02:20] | You’re carrying a roller derby roster? | 你拿的是女子竞速滑轮队的名单 |
[02:23] | Yes, one of those women was strangled to death | 对 其中一位女士被勒死 |
[02:25] | and dumped in a river. | 然后被弃尸河中 |
[02:26] | It’s just that the statute of limitations | 只是 我儿子那案子的 |
[02:29] | on my son’s case is getting close, | 诉讼时效快到了 |
[02:31] | and no one’s making any progress. | 然而没人有任何进展 |
[02:33] | The state of New York allows you five years | 纽约州允许一起袭击案的诉讼时效 |
[02:35] | to start assault proceedings. | 最长有五年时间 |
[02:37] | After that, the attacker can’t be prosecuted. | 之后将无法再起诉攻击者 |
[02:40] | He’s free. | 他就自由了 |
[02:41] | My son was assaulted in January of 2012, | 我儿子是在2012年1月遇袭的 |
[02:45] | which means I have less than a year | 这意味着我只剩不到一年的时间 |
[02:47] | to find his attacker | 在诉讼时效到期前 |
[02:48] | before the statute of limitations expires. | 找到袭击了他的人 |
[02:50] | Mr. Brunelle, I understand your dilemma. | 布鲁内尔先生 我明白您身处的困境 |
[02:52] | You feel a great pressure to right a criminal wrong, | 您因要修正一桩刑事犯罪而备受压力 |
[02:55] | but Watson and I are struggling to solve | 但华生和我目前正忙于 |
[02:56] | two murders at the moment. | 解决两起谋杀案 |
[02:58] | There might come a time when we can offer some help, | 或许有一日我们能有空帮您 |
[03:00] | but I’m afraid it isn’t today. | 但恐怕不是今日 |
[03:21] | All right, everybody, get your hands up! | 所有人 举起手来 |
[03:22] | Get ’em up! I said get ’em up! | 举起手来 我说举手 |
[03:24] | Get ’em up! Get your hands up! | 举手 举起手来 |
[03:27] | Up! Up! | 举手 |
[03:29] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[03:31] | Stop, please. Don’t hurt anyone. | 别这样 拜托 别伤害任何人 |
[03:35] | I can open the cash register. | 我可以打开收银机 |
[03:37] | I don’t want money. | 我不要钱 |
[03:39] | Then what do you want? | 那你想要什么 |
[03:43] | Sherlock, Joan. | 夏洛克 乔恩 |
[03:47] | Half hour ago, a man with a shotgun walked in | 半小时前 一个携带猎枪的人 |
[03:49] | and took the place over. | 走进并占领了那里 |
[03:50] | What does he want? | 他想要什么 |
[03:51] | You. | 你们 |
[03:53] | Guy’s name is Jack Brunelle. | 那人叫杰克·布鲁内尔 |
[03:54] | He told the hostage negotiator | 他跟谈判专家说 |
[03:56] | he wanted to talk to Sherlock Holmes and Joan Watson, | 他要跟夏洛克·福尔摩斯和乔恩·华生通话 |
[03:58] | or he was gonna start shooting people. | 不然他就要对人们开枪了 |
[04:00] | He’s asked for our help many times. | 他向我们求助过很多次 |
[04:02] | I guess he got tired of being polite about it. | 看来他打算来硬的了 |
[04:04] | He’s got 20 hostages. | 他挟持了20名人质 |
[04:07] | We should talk to him. | 我们应该跟他谈谈 |
[04:08] | You’re not going anywhere. | 你们哪也不能去 |
[04:09] | Let’s get you on the phone first. | 先跟他在电话上交谈 |
[04:12] | He’ll just demand that we go in. | 那他还是会要求我们进去的 |
[04:14] | If Brunelle wanted to kill us, | 如果布鲁内尔想杀我们 |
[04:16] | he’s had ample opportunity. | 他之前早就动手了 |
[04:18] | He doesn’t want us dead. | 他不是想让我们死 |
[04:20] | He wants us working. | 他是想让我们帮他 |
[04:47] | Hands on the counter. | 把手放在柜台上 |
[04:59] | Long way to go to hire a couple of detectives, | 就为了雇两个侦探 这也太费周章了吧 |
[05:01] | don’t you think? | 你不觉得吗 |
[05:04] | Sit. | 坐下 |
[05:07] | I’ve been trying to get you to help me for years. | 几年来我一直试图请你们帮忙 |
[05:09] | Well, you sure as hell can’t ignore me now. | 现在你们没法拒绝我了 |
[05:11] | You’re gonna figure out what happened to Connor. | 你们要查清康纳的事 |
[05:14] | Even if you found the person who assaulted your son, | 即使找到袭击你儿子的人 |
[05:16] | that’s all we can charge him with– assault, not murder. | 也只能告他袭击 而不是谋杀 |
[05:18] | Well, he could go to jail for years. | 那他也得坐几年牢 |
[05:20] | If he’s got priors, it could be decades. | 如果他有前科的话 可能是几十年 |
[05:23] | You don’t know what will happen when you find him. | 不抓到他 你们也不知道会是什么结果 |
[05:26] | Nobody does. | 谁都不知道 |
[05:28] | But we’re gonna find out, | 但我们要查清 |
[05:29] | or I’m gonna shoot all of these people. | 否则我就把这些人全杀了 |
[05:36] | Some of Connor’s old things. | 这是康纳生前的东西 |
[05:38] | Might be a good place to start. | 就从这些开始吧 |
[05:41] | All right… | 好吧 |
[05:45] | let’s go. | 我们走 |
[05:46] | No. You go. | 不 你走 |
[05:49] | – You’re staying. – What? | -你留下 -什么 |
[05:51] | Your partner dies with everybody else | 如果你完成不了任务 |
[05:53] | if you don’t deliver. | 你搭档和他们一起死 |
[05:55] | If I don’t deliver, | 我要是完成不了 |
[05:56] | it will be because she stays. | 那是因为她没有跟我一起查 |
[05:58] | We work as a team. | 我们是个团队 |
[06:00] | I require her counsel. | 我需要她的建议 |
[06:02] | Well, you can have it anytime you want. | 你想什么时候问她都可以 |
[06:04] | By phone. | 打电话就行 |
[06:07] | I’ll keep her close to me. | 我会看紧她的 |
[06:09] | Make sure she doesn’t miss a call. | 不会漏接电话 |
[06:12] | Go. | 去吧 |
[06:13] | We’ll be fine. | 我们不会有事的 |
[06:25] | Oh, one more thing. | 还有一件事 |
[06:27] | What? | 什么 |
[06:28] | My son was attacked exactly five years ago today. | 我儿子是在五年前的今天被袭击的 |
[06:32] | Which means the statute of limitations | 也就是说过了午夜十二点后 |
[06:34] | on his assault runs out at midnight. | 诉讼期限就到了 |
[06:37] | That’s why we’re here. | 所以才会有现在这出 |
[06:39] | Today is the last day anyone can help Connor. | 想帮康纳只有今天一天了 |
[06:44] | It’s five after 8:00. | 现在是八点五分 |
[06:46] | You got about | 你大约还有 |
[06:47] | 16 hours | 16小时 |
[06:49] | to find the man who attacked my son. | 找出袭击我儿子的人 |
[06:51] | And if you don’t… | 如果你找不到 |
[06:54] | I’ll start shooting. | 我就开始杀人了 |
[07:09] | Finally dug up the original paperwork | 终于找到了康纳·布鲁内尔 |
[07:11] | on Connor Brunelle’s assault. | 袭击案的原始资料 |
[07:13] | The case was opened on January 29, 2012, | 是2012年1月29日 由107分局的 |
[07:16] | by Detective Donald Andrews in the 107th precinct. | 唐纳德·安德鲁斯警探立案的 |
[07:20] | I hate to cast judgment on a brother in blue, | 我也不想对警察同事妄加评论 |
[07:22] | but doesn’t look like Detective Andrews | 不过看起来安德鲁斯警探 |
[07:24] | lost much sleep on this one. | 在这案子上似乎没费多少心思 |
[07:26] | I doubt there’s much here that’s gonna help us. | 我想这些资料也帮不上我们 |
[07:28] | You think Brunelle will go through with it? | 你觉得布鲁内尔真会那么做吗 |
[07:30] | Is he really gonna shoot 20 people | 如果我们没破这个案子 |
[07:31] | if we don’t solve this case? | 他真的会杀死二十个人吗 |
[07:32] | Doesn’t matter what I think. | 我们怎么想并不重要 |
[07:33] | Armed standoffs have a habit of ending unpredictably. | 武装对峙的结果通常很难预料 |
[07:37] | You got something? | 你查到什么了吗 |
[07:38] | Text messages from five years ago | 五年前 康纳和一个叫 |
[07:40] | between Connor and a Dario Canales. | 达里奥·卡纳莱斯的人发的短信 |
[07:43] | Mr. Canales appears to be a lawyer of some kind. | 卡纳莱斯先生好像是个律师 |
[07:46] | Now, at first glance, the messages, | 这些短信 打眼一看 |
[07:48] | they’re quite harmless. | 应该没什么问题 |
[07:49] | “Bring issue 622 of Linden Law Review at 5:15. | 五点十五分把「林登法律评论」622期拿给我 |
[07:52] | Hoyt Trial, February 12, 9:00″ | 霍伊特审判 2月20日 九点 |
[07:55] | There are several clues, however, | 但是有几条线索 |
[07:57] | that indicate these are more than just scheduling banalities. | 表明这些并不是简单的日常对话 |
[08:00] | Such as? | 比如 |
[08:01] | The Linden Law Review is not a real publication. | 没有「林登法律评论」这个刊物 |
[08:04] | Also, there were no trials in New York on February 12. | 而且 纽约在2月20日并没有什么审判 |
[08:08] | Why is that? | 为什么 |
[08:09] | Abraham Lincoln’s birthday. | 那天是亚伯拉罕·林肯的生日 |
[08:11] | New York is one of seven states which observes it as a holiday, | 有七个州把这天当作节日 纽约是其中之一 |
[08:13] | and all the courthouses are closed. | 所有的法院这天都不上班 |
[08:15] | You know, Linden and Hoyt are both streets in Brooklyn. | 林登和霍伊特都是布鲁克林的街名 |
[08:19] | These texts could be setting up meetings. | 这些短信可能是约见面 |
[08:20] | 622 Linden Avenue, 5:15. | 林登街622号 五点十五分 |
[08:24] | 12 Hoyt Street, 9:00 A.M. | 霍伊特街12号 早上九点 |
[08:26] | Let me guess, you’re already two steps ahead of me. | 我猜猜 你已经早我两步了 |
[08:28] | At least two. | 至少两步 |
[08:29] | All right, so why all the secrecy in the messages? | 好吧 那为什么要搞得这么神神秘秘 |
[08:32] | I suspect Connor and Dario were lovers. | 我猜康纳和达里奥是情人 |
[08:35] | Dario was married. | 达里奥结婚了 |
[08:36] | He has been since New York passed the Marriage Equality Act. | 自从纽约州通过了婚姻平等法他就结婚了 |
[08:40] | The final messages grow tense. | 最后的短信气氛很紧张 |
[08:41] | I suspect the affair ended poorly. | 我猜这段婚外恋的结果不好 |
[08:44] | If Dario was unhappy about the breakup, | 如果达里奥对分手不满 |
[08:47] | that would give him motive to want to hurt Connor. | 那就有想要伤害康纳的动机了 |
[08:49] | We should track this guy down. | 我们该找出这个人 |
[08:51] | He’s at the New York County Supreme Court, | 根据他的推文 |
[08:52] | arguing a case there today, according to his Twitter feed. | 他今天在纽约郡最高法院争论一个案件 |
[08:56] | Yes, I was seeing Connor, | 是的 我之前是在跟康纳约会 |
[08:59] | but I didn’t attack him. | 但我没有伤害他 |
[09:01] | I loved him. | 我爱他 |
[09:02] | Mr. Canales, you’re a lawyer. | 卡纳莱斯先生 你是个律师 |
[09:04] | You know very well that love is often the motive | 你非常清楚爱通常是 |
[09:05] | for the most gruesome of crimes. | 最可怕的罪案的动机 |
[09:07] | It is, but I was on vacation | 没错 但事发的时候 |
[09:11] | in Aruba when it happened. | 我在阿鲁巴岛度假 |
[09:13] | Check my credit card statements. | 去查我的信用卡记录 |
[09:14] | I have photos, too. | 我还有照片 |
[09:17] | The man in the diner, | 饭馆里的那个人 |
[09:18] | you said he’d give you till midnight, right? | 你说他的最后期限是午夜 对吗 |
[09:20] | I’ll answer your questions all day long, | 我可以花一整天回答你们的问题 |
[09:22] | but I’m telling you right now I’m not your guy. | 但我要告诉你们 我不是你们要找的人 |
[09:26] | All right, well, what about your husband? | 好吧 那你的丈夫呢 |
[09:28] | We cracked the code you two used. | 我们破解了你俩用的密码 |
[09:29] | Maybe he did, too. | 也许他也破解了 |
[09:31] | I told you I was on vacation in Aruba when it happened. | 我说了案发时我在阿鲁巴岛度假 |
[09:33] | Who do you think I was on vacation with? | 你以为我是和谁一起度假的 |
[09:36] | Your affair with Connor ended in 2012. | 你和康纳的婚外恋在2012年结束了 |
[09:38] | So what happened? | 为什么 |
[09:39] | Law school didn’t work out, | 法学院读不下去了 |
[09:41] | so he took some job at a warehouse in Red Hook. | 所以他在红钩区的一个仓库找了份工作 |
[09:44] | The graveyard shift, and he worked crazy hours. | 他上大夜班 而且经常加班 |
[09:47] | It made it impossible to see each other. | 这使得我们几乎无法见面 |
[09:49] | Wait, back up a sec. | 等下 倒回去一点 |
[09:50] | What do you mean “law school didn’t work out”? | 什么叫「法学院读不下去了」 |
[09:53] | When the second year began, | 第二年开学的时候 |
[09:55] | he couldn’t keep up with the work. | 他跟不上了 |
[09:56] | Started missing classes, | 开始缺课 |
[09:58] | failing tests. | 挂科 |
[10:00] | After a few months, they kicked him out. | 几个月后 他们让他退学了 |
[10:03] | – His father didn’t know. – Nobody knew. | -他父亲不知道 -没人知道 |
[10:07] | Connor was too embarrassed to tell anyone. | 康纳觉得很丢脸 谁也没告诉 |
[10:09] | I’m sure people would have figured it out soon enough, | 我相信大家很快就会发现 |
[10:12] | except he was attacked just after it happened, | 不过他刚被退学就被袭击了 |
[10:15] | and was dead less than a year later. | 然后不到一年就死了 |
[10:17] | Tell us more about this warehouse where he worked. | 跟我们多说点他工作的仓库 |
[10:24] | May I? | 我可以接吗 |
[10:28] | Sherlock, you’re on speaker. | 夏洛克 我开了免提 |
[10:29] | Mr. Brunelle, your son failed out of law school | 布鲁内尔先生 你儿子被法学院退学了 |
[10:32] | and was working at a warehouse in Red Hook | 然后在被袭击的时段 |
[10:33] | at the time of the attack. | 在红钩区一个仓库工作 |
[10:35] | What? | 什么 |
[10:36] | He never told you about that job, | 他从没跟你说过那份工作 |
[10:37] | but it’s possible you saw some evidence lying around. | 但有可能你看到过胡乱放置的证据 |
[10:40] | So, I’m gonna read you the names | 所以 我来给你读几个 |
[10:42] | of some businesses from that area. | 那片地区的公司的名字 |
[10:44] | Stop me if anything sounds familiar. | 如果有耳熟的打断我 |
[10:46] | Grimwald Partners, Hardcastle Beam, | 格里姆沃德合伙人公司 哈德卡什波束公司 |
[10:50] | Morgan and Holt. | 摩根和霍特事务所 |
[10:52] | Wait, wait, wait, wait. | 等等 |
[10:53] | Morgan and Holt. | 摩根和霍特事务所 |
[10:55] | Connor had a hat with that written on it. | 康纳有过一顶帽子上写的是这个 |
[10:57] | I thought it was a law firm. | 我以为是一家律所 |
[10:59] | You think this job has something to do | 你认为这份工作 |
[11:00] | with Connor’s assault? | 和康纳被袭击有关 |
[11:02] | That’s precisely the question we’re trying to answer. | 这正是我们要努力解答的问题 |
[11:04] | I’ll check in with you | 等我们去拜访了那家公司后 |
[11:05] | once we’ve paid a visit to Morgan and Holt. | 我再来跟你汇报 |
[11:15] | Is it okay if I make some coffee? | 我能煮点咖啡吗 |
[11:18] | No. | 不行 |
[11:20] | It’s 10:30, | 现在十点半了 |
[11:22] | we’ve been here for two and a half hours. | 我们已经在这里待了两个半小时了 |
[11:25] | I’m not asking you to set everyone free, just… | 我不是要请你把大家放了 只是 |
[11:29] | some coffee, maybe a bathroom break. | 喝点咖啡 或者上个厕所 |
[11:47] | So, what do you do for work? | 所以 你是做什么工作的 |
[11:48] | Don’t do that. | 少来这套 |
[11:50] | Do what? | 哪套 |
[11:51] | I’m not your friend. | 我不是你的朋友 |
[11:54] | I’m the guy who’s a half a day away | 我在半天后 |
[11:56] | from shooting a diner full of people. | 就要枪杀整个饭馆的人 |
[11:59] | Yeah, I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[12:01] | You don’t know what? | 你不知道什么 |
[12:04] | I don’t know if you’re actually gonna kill anybody. | 我不知道你是否会真会杀害任何人 |
[12:09] | You’re doing this because you love your son. | 你这么做是因为你爱你的儿子 |
[12:12] | You want justice. | 你想要正义 |
[12:14] | You’re desperate, but… | 你很绝望 但是 |
[12:16] | you don’t strike me as the type of person | 在我看来 你不像 |
[12:18] | that would murder innocent strangers. | 会伤害无辜陌生人的人 |
[12:22] | That bulge in your jacket pocket, | 你外套口袋的凸起 |
[12:24] | that’s an extra box of shotgun shells. | 那是额外的一盒猎枪弹壳 |
[12:27] | You can’t be carrying more than 12. | 你携带的弹药不会超过12发 |
[12:30] | There are 20 hostages | 现在有20名人质 |
[12:32] | in this diner. | 在这个餐馆里 |
[12:33] | 21, including me. | 加上我是21名 |
[12:36] | Now, you don’t have enough ammunition to kill everyone here, | 你没有足够的弹药杀掉所有人 |
[12:39] | because you have no intention | 因为你并没打算 |
[12:41] | of killing everyone here. | 杀掉这里所有的人 |
[12:44] | Yeah, you got me all figured out. | 对 你把我看得真透彻 |
[12:49] | I’m not a threat. | 我不是个威胁 |
[12:51] | What if I told you you’re right? | 如果你说对了呢 |
[12:53] | I don’t plan to kill all the hostages if your partner fails. | 如果你搭档失败 我不打算杀死所有人质 |
[13:01] | I just plan to kill him. | 我只打算杀死他 |
[13:04] | And who is he? | 他是谁 |
[13:06] | Donald Andrews. | 唐纳德·安德鲁斯 |
[13:09] | Retired NYPD. | 退休的纽约市警察 |
[13:12] | He’s the detective who caught my son’s case five years ago | 他是五年前处理我儿子案件的人 |
[13:15] | and did nothing! | 但他什么都没做 |
[13:17] | You were content to just sit on your ass, | 你就满足于坐在那里享乐 |
[13:20] | while the man who attacked my son went free. | 让袭击我儿子的凶手逃之夭夭 |
[13:24] | You tied him up because you know him. | 你把他绑起来是因为你认识他 |
[13:27] | I had enough of his excuses for one lifetime. | 我已经听够了他的借口了 |
[13:31] | You say I didn’t bring enough | 你说我没有带足够的 |
[13:33] | ammo for everyone in the diner? | 弹药解决餐馆里的所有人 |
[13:36] | Well, that may be. | 也许是这样 |
[13:38] | But I sure as hell brought enough for him. | 但我绝对带够他的份了 |
[13:42] | 哈德逊大学法学院 康纳·布鲁内尔 | |
[13:42] | Yeah, I remember Connor. Good kid. | 对 我记得康纳 是个好孩子 |
[13:45] | A real shame, what happened to him. | 发生在他身上的事真可惜 |
[13:47] | Well, we were told he was working here | 我们被告知 他被袭击时 |
[13:48] | at the time of his assault. | 是在这里工作的 |
[13:50] | He was the overnight security guard. | 他是夜间保安人员 |
[13:52] | Though, to be honest, there wasn’t much for him to guard. | 不过说实话 也没什么可保护的 |
[13:54] | What do you mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[13:55] | Well, this company’s on its last legs. | 这家公司已经快完了 |
[13:58] | Has been for a decade now. | 已经有十多年了 |
[14:00] | Not a whole lot of product coming through the door. | 没有什么产品通过那扇门了 |
[14:03] | I only pay an overnight guard | 我花钱请夜间保安 |
[14:05] | to keep an eye on the building at night. | 只是为了在晚上看着点楼 |
[14:07] | Make sure teenagers don’t vandalize it, | 确保不让年轻人进来瞎闹 |
[14:09] | that sort of thing. | 或是之类的事 |
[14:10] | Can you confirm that Connor would have been working | 你能否确认康纳被袭击那晚 |
[14:12] | the night that he was assaulted? | 是否应该在这里工作 |
[14:13] | Yeah, he would have been. | 他应该是的 |
[14:16] | So, he was assaulted just hours before his shift was due to start. | 所以他是在上班之前被袭击的 |
[14:18] | Did you have to find a replacement that night? | 你那晚找人代他了吗 |
[14:22] | Hard enough finding one guy to do the job. | 找一个人来工作已经够难了 |
[14:24] | Good luck finding a second at the eleventh hour. | 别想在晚上十一点找另外一个了 |
[14:27] | So it’s safe to assume, then, | 所以可以很确定地假设 |
[14:29] | that the night he was attacked, | 他被袭击那晚 |
[14:30] | this place was left unguarded | 这个地方没有守卫 |
[14:31] | until the next morning? | 直到第二天早上 |
[14:32] | Yeah, probably. | 对 大概是的 |
[14:35] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢你 |
[14:38] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[14:38] | I think the purpose of Connor’s assault | 我想康纳之所以被袭击 |
[14:40] | was to ensure that this warehouse | 是为了确保这个仓库 |
[14:41] | was left wholly unguarded | 在五年前那个晚上 |
[14:42] | on a particular night five years ago. | 完全没人看守 |
[14:45] | We’re gonna go discern why. | 我们要去查出为什么 |
[14:50] | There a… reason you’ve got a totem pole in your bathroom? | 你…在厕所里放个图腾柱干什么 |
[14:54] | It’s too big for the closet. | 因为壁橱放不下 |
[14:57] | What am I looking at? | 这个是什么 |
[14:58] | It’s New York from above. | 是纽约的俯瞰影像 |
[15:00] | This is a small | 这是联调局 |
[15:01] | fragment of the thousands of hours | 用飞机或无人机 |
[15:02] | of covert surveillance footage recorded by the FBI | 拍摄的上千小时秘密监控录像中的 |
[15:05] | and their fleet of drones. | 一小部分 |
[15:06] | They do so over many major U.S. Cities. | 他们对很多美国主要城市都进行了拍摄 |
[15:09] | All in the name of homeland security. | 都是以国土安全的名义 |
[15:12] | This particular clip was recorded | 这段录像的拍摄时间是 |
[15:13] | January 29, 2012. | 2012年 1月29日 |
[15:16] | The night Connor was attacked. | 康纳被袭击的当晚 |
[15:18] | This is the warehouse we visited earlier. | 这是我们之前去过的仓库 |
[15:20] | I’m hoping this will give me | 我希望这能给我一些启发 |
[15:20] | some insight as to why someone | 关于为什么那晚有人 |
[15:22] | wanted it left unguarded that night. | 会想让它无人看守 |
[15:24] | Where the hell did you get this? | 你从哪里弄到这些的 |
[15:26] | Agent McNally of the NSA. Shh. | 国安局的麦克纳利特工 别声张 |
[15:29] | He owed me a favor, I helped untangle a rather ugly incident | 他欠我一个人情 我帮他解决了一个 |
[15:31] | involving Belgium, the Dalai Lama, | 涉及到比利时 达赖喇嘛 |
[15:33] | and a stolen wheel of priceless cheese. | 以及被偷走的无价奶酪的意外 |
[15:36] | What incident was that? | 那是个什么鬼意外 |
[15:37] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[15:40] | Are those boats? | 这些是船吗 |
[15:41] | Shipping barges. | 运输驳船 |
[15:45] | And those are barrels, right? | 这些是桶 对吧 |
[15:47] | This looks like some kind of smuggling operation. | 这看起来像是某种走私行动 |
[15:53] | The barrels are being loaded onto trucks. | 那些桶被装上了卡车 |
[15:54] | There must be a thousand barrels. | 肯定有上千个桶 |
[15:56] | Any idea what’s inside ’em? | 知道里边是些什么吗 |
[15:58] | Could be anything. | 可能是任何东西 |
[15:59] | Whatever it is, | 不管是什么 |
[16:00] | there’s a lot of it. | 数量都很多 |
[16:02] | I count a dozen tractor-trailers. | 我看到了大量牵引式挂车 |
[16:03] | Those things can carry 80,000 pounds apiece. | 每辆车能装载36吨货物 |
[16:06] | The single biggest cache | 目前记录在案的 |
[16:07] | of smuggled goods on record is the 1989 Sylmar bust. | 最大的走私案是1989年西尔马案 |
[16:10] | ATF agents found 20 tons of cocaine | 烟酒爆炸物管理局的探员 |
[16:13] | in a Californian warehouse. | 在加州的一间仓库搜出了20吨可卡因 |
[16:15] | Now, given the sheer number of barrels, | 根据这里桶的数量 |
[16:17] | and the holding capacity of a dozen trucks, | 以及十几辆卡车的容载能力 |
[16:20] | this could dwarf that. | 这比那个案子严重多了 |
[16:21] | So, the assault on Connor Brunelle | 所以 康纳·布鲁内尔的遇袭 |
[16:23] | was garden-variety, but it might be connected to | 看似简单 但其实可能 |
[16:27] | what could be the single largest smuggling payload in American history. | 与美国历史上最大的走私案有关 |
[16:45] | So there’s a dozen Kenworth T440 trucks | 一共有12辆肯沃斯T440卡车 |
[16:47] | with Paccar PX-8 engines and fixed grill hoods. | 配有佩卡PX-8引擎和格栅罩 |
[16:50] | But you already know that, Mr. Trimble. | 不过这些你已经知道了 特林布先生 |
[16:52] | According to the DMV, | 根据车管所的纪录 |
[16:53] | the rental company you work for is the only business | 你就职的租车公司 |
[16:56] | in the area with a fleet | 是该地区 |
[16:57] | of those specific vehicles. | 唯一拥有这种车的公司 |
[16:59] | Five years ago, | 五年前 |
[17:00] | these trucks were used in a smuggling plot, | 这些卡车被用来走私 |
[17:02] | to bring hundreds of steel barrels | 将上百个铁桶 |
[17:04] | by boat, into New York. | 通过船只运到纽约 |
[17:06] | Says who? | 谁说的 |
[17:07] | Says the photographs you’re holding. | 你拿着的照片这么说的 |
[17:09] | They were taken the night of the operation. | 这些照片是在行动当晚拍摄的 |
[17:11] | You managed the fleet for the company, Frank. | 你是公司管理车队的人 弗兰克 |
[17:13] | Signing trucks in and out, scheduling maintenance. | 负责派遣车辆 安排保养维修 |
[17:16] | We’re told a vehicle doesn’t leave the lot | 据说没你的允许 |
[17:17] | without your say-so. | 车辆是不准离开停车场的 |
[17:18] | Which means you were very likely involved in the plot. | 也就是说你很可能与这个案件有关 |
[17:22] | So here’s the deal. | 我们谈个交易 |
[17:24] | You tell us about the plot, | 你把案子细节告诉我们 |
[17:25] | what was in those barrels, | 桶里装了什么 |
[17:26] | who attacked Connor Brunelle, | 谁袭击了康纳·布鲁内尔 |
[17:28] | and we’ll tell the D.A. how helpful you were | 我们就告诉地检你很配合 |
[17:30] | in saving the lives of 20 people. | 积极拯救20个人的生命 |
[17:34] | Okay, look… | 好吧 听着 |
[17:36] | those are my trucks, but I swear to you, | 这些车虽然是我管 但我发誓 |
[17:38] | I wasn’t involved in any smuggling plot. | 我跟走私一点关系都没有 |
[17:42] | That was the Shoreline 99s. | 是海岸线99帮 |
[17:44] | The gang from South Queens, those Shoreline 99s? | 皇后区南部的海岸线99帮吗 |
[17:48] | They used to run cocaine | 他们以前在 |
[17:49] | in the neighborhood around our company. | 在我们公司附近贩卖可卡因 |
[17:52] | One night, around ten years back, | 十年前的某一天晚上 |
[17:54] | a few of ’em show up on my lot | 一些人跑到停车场来 |
[17:56] | and tell me that I got to let them use my trucks | 告诉我如果他们有需要 我必须随时 |
[17:58] | whenever they want, | 要把卡车给他们用 |
[18:00] | to move their drugs around or whatever. | 给他们运毒品什么的 |
[18:03] | I tried to say no, they threatened to kill me. | 我试着想拒绝 但他们威胁要杀了我 |
[18:05] | Said they knew where I lived. | 说是知道我住哪 |
[18:07] | After that, I’d get messages | 那之后 我会收到让我把 |
[18:09] | saying to leave keys in certain vehicles. | 钥匙留在某辆车上的信息 |
[18:12] | The trucks vanished that night, | 卡车晚上会消失 |
[18:14] | would be back in the morning. | 白天又会还回来 |
[18:15] | I didn’t know where they went or what they were used for. | 我不知道他们开去哪里 也不知道用来干什么 |
[18:17] | I just did what I was told so I didn’t get hurt. | 我只是为了自保 听命行事 |
[18:21] | So, you said that they used to run cocaine | 你说他们之前在你们公司附近 |
[18:23] | in your neighborhood. | 贩卖可卡因 |
[18:25] | I stopped hearing from them | 你说的这次走私案发生后 |
[18:27] | right after this smuggling thing you’re talking about. | 我就没收到过他们的消息了 |
[18:30] | They dropped off the map. | 他们突然消失了 |
[18:31] | Even if I wanted to find them, I wouldn’t know where to look. | 就算我想找他们 也不知道去哪里找 |
[18:35] | So the Shoreline 99s | 海岸线99帮 |
[18:37] | pull the biggest smuggling caper in American history | 制造了美国历史上最大的走私案 |
[18:39] | and then disappear. | 然后消失了 |
[18:40] | Perhaps the two events are related. | 或许这两件事有关联 |
[18:41] | The Shoreline 99s disappeared because they pulled | 海岸线99帮的消失 |
[18:43] | the biggest smuggling caper in American history. | 是因为他们制造了美国历史上最大的走私案 |
[18:45] | Landing that big score allowed them to cash out and move on? | 大干一场然后金盆洗手吗 |
[18:48] | Wouldn’t be the first criminals to retire. | 也不是第一个决定退休的罪犯 |
[18:50] | I was wondering if the Shoreline 99s’ vanishing act | 我在想海岸线99的消失 |
[18:53] | was less voluntary than that. | 应该没那么多自愿成分 |
[18:55] | During my first year as a detective, | 我刚当上警探的那年 |
[18:56] | I caught a couple gang shootings that went down | 我遇到过几起在海岸线99地盘上 |
[18:59] | on Shoreline 99 turf. | 发生的帮派交火案件 |
[19:01] | They were at war with a Nicaraguan gang | 他们当时因为毒品交易冲突 |
[19:02] | called “Santo Matón” | 跟一个叫「圣马通」的 |
[19:04] | over the drug game in South Queens. | 尼加拉瓜帮派发生战争 |
[19:06] | From what I remember, Santo Matón was winning. | 我印象中圣马通占了上风 |
[19:08] | So you think they were hunted to extinction? | 所以你觉得他们被赶尽杀绝了 |
[19:10] | Wouldn’t be the first time one gang wiped out another. | 一个帮派把另一个灭了也是常有的事 |
[19:13] | If that’s how it went down in this case, | 如果这个案子也是这样 |
[19:15] | Santo Matón would be | 圣马通 |
[19:16] | the best source of info on our missing gangsters. | 就最有可能知道这个消失帮派的情报 |
[19:19] | You know, I’ll reach out to a friend in Narcotics, | 我联系下缉毒部门的朋友 |
[19:21] | see if he can make contact with the Nicaraguans. | 看看他能不能联系上那个尼加拉瓜帮派 |
[19:24] | Can’t exactly go walking into gang territory | 毕竟我们不能大摇大摆地走进黑帮地盘 |
[19:26] | with a sign that says, “Looking for bad guys.“ | 还挂着个「找坏人」的牌子 |
[19:36] | This is a bad idea. | 这主意糟透了 |
[19:37] | There is no time for good ideas. | 没时间想好主意了 |
[19:39] | Jack Brunelle’s clock is ticking. | 杰克·布鲁内尔给的时间不多了 |
[19:45] | You’ve got us both. | 我们俩都在 |
[19:47] | Mr.Brunelle, by way of an update, | 布鲁内尔先生 新情况 |
[19:49] | we believe that your son was assaulted as part of a smuggling plot | 我们认为你儿子被袭击是一起走私案中的一环 |
[19:53] | by a gang called the Shortline 99s. | 主谋是一个叫做海岸线99的帮派 |
[19:55] | My college and I, we’re zeroing in on them | 我们说话这会 我和我的同事正在找他们 |
[19:58] | as we speak. I’ll call you back. | 我再打给你 |
[20:00] | Get in. | 上车 |
[20:01] | You are? | 你是 |
[20:03] | That one. | 那个人 |
[20:07] | I thought you say we’re just gonna talk to these guys. | 我以为你说我们只是要跟他们谈谈 |
[20:10] | I did and we shall. | 我是说了 也确实如此 |
[20:12] | You really think it’s a good idea to drive off with them? | 你真觉得坐上他们的车是好主意吗 |
[20:14] | I think Watson’s life are on stake. As the life of twenty other people. | 我觉得华生和二十个人的生命正危在旦夕 |
[20:20] | Coming? | 你来吗 |
[20:33] | So, how long have you been sick, Jack? | 你病了多久了 杰克 |
[20:36] | The red lesion behind your right ear, | 你右耳后面的红色损伤 |
[20:38] | it’s a marker for basal cell carcinoma. | 是基底细胞癌的标志 |
[20:41] | Skin cancer. | 皮肤癌 |
[20:45] | Doesn’t look like you’ve been treating it, either. | 看起来你好像没有接受治疗 |
[20:49] | Is that why you’re taking this risk? | 所以你才要铤而走险吗 |
[20:51] | The ultimatum, the hostages? | 这个最后通牒 这些人质 |
[20:55] | You think you’re gonna die soon anyway. | 你觉得反正你都要死了 |
[20:57] | Is that it? | 是这样吗 |
[21:02] | Do you have any idea what it’s like to lose a child? | 你能想象失去一个孩子是什么感觉吗 |
[21:08] | If you ask any parent | 如果你问任何一个父母 |
[21:10] | if they would die in place of a daughter or a son, | 他们是否愿意替他们的女儿或者儿子去死 |
[21:15] | I guarantee you the answer would be yes. | 我保证答案都是肯定的 |
[21:17] | And do you know why? | 你知道为什么吗 |
[21:20] | It’s not because of honor, | 不是因为面子 |
[21:22] | or duty, | 或者责任 |
[21:23] | or parental responsibility. | 或者父母义务 |
[21:26] | It’s because it’s easier. | 而是因为那样更容易 |
[21:29] | It’s easier to die than it is to be left behind. | 死去比独自活着更容易 |
[21:39] | Every morning since Connor passed away, | 康纳离开后的每个早晨 |
[21:42] | I wake up and I wish it was me instead of him. | 每次醒来 我都希望死去的是我 |
[21:47] | So, no. | 所以 没有 |
[21:49] | Answer to your question, | 回答你的问题 |
[21:52] | I’m not treating my skin cancer. | 我没有治疗我的皮肤癌 |
[21:54] | Does that mean I’m gonna die soon? | 所以我很快会死吗 |
[21:56] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[21:59] | But a guy can hope, right? | 但是人总要心怀希望 对吗 |
[22:16] | I’m told you’re looking for us. | 我听说你们在找我们 |
[22:18] | Just as a means to an end. | 只是达到目的的一种方法 |
[22:20] | And what end is that? | 所以你的目的是什么 |
[22:21] | The Shoreline 99s. | 海岸线99 |
[22:24] | What about them? | 他们怎么了 |
[22:25] | Well, given your group’s | 鉴于你们之间 |
[22:26] | long and bumpy history with them, | 长久以来的矛盾 |
[22:29] | we were wondering if you knew where to find them. | 我们想知道你是否知道他们在哪儿 |
[22:31] | I wish I could. | 我希望我知道 |
[22:33] | I’d love nothing more than to sit back | 我很乐意什么也不干 |
[22:36] | and watch the NYPD stomp a mudhole in those boys. | 然后看纽约警局收拾他们 |
[22:39] | Truth is, | 但事实是 |
[22:40] | we ain’t seen them in years. | 我们已经很多年没见到他们了 |
[22:42] | That ’cause you wiped them all out? | 因为你们除掉了他们吗 |
[22:44] | That’s because they disappeared. | 因为他们消失了 |
[22:46] | One day, they were crawling all over our turf, | 之前 他们在我们的地盘到处出现 |
[22:48] | sticking their noses where they don’t belong, | 出现在他们不该出现的地方 |
[22:49] | the next, | 然后 |
[22:51] | poof, gone. | 突然就消失了 |
[22:54] | And good riddance, as far as I’m concerned. | 对我来说 这是件好事 |
[22:56] | Where was the last place you saw any of their members? | 你最后见到他们的成员是在哪儿 |
[22:59] | They used to roll out of a spot down on 160th, | 他们过去常常在160大街出现 |
[23:02] | just past Brinkerhoff. | 布林克霍夫过去一点 |
[23:04] | No point in writing that down, man. | 不用记下来 |
[23:06] | Building ain’t there no more. | 那栋建筑已经没了 |
[23:08] | They bulldozed it. | 他们推平了那个地方 |
[23:10] | You used to be a member of the Shoreline 99s. | 你曾经是海岸线99的成员 |
[23:13] | Could you be of assistance? | 你能帮我们吗 |
[23:15] | What? | 什么 |
[23:16] | Well, all the members have the same tattoo, | 所有的成员都有一样的文身 |
[23:18] | the triangle on your… neck. | 你脖子上的三角形 |
[23:21] | It’s a nod to the intersection in Queens | 那是皇后区交叉路口的标志 |
[23:22] | where the, uh, gang first formed. | 是帮派初次形成的地方 |
[23:26] | And yours is… it’s been lasered off, | 你的虽然经过了激光消除 |
[23:27] | but you still have the, uh, scar, so… | 但还有伤疤在 所以 |
[23:30] | You know where they are? | 你知道他们在哪儿吗 |
[23:34] | That true, Reggie? | 他说的是真的吗 雷吉 |
[23:39] | Yeah. I-I was in the Shoreline 99s. | 对 我曾经加入过海岸线99 |
[23:41] | But look, I was 16 years old, all right? I… | 但是 当时我只有16岁 我 |
[23:45] | You know, corner boy. I mean, mostly. | 只是个街头混混 |
[23:46] | But you know, five years ago, | 但是五年前 |
[23:47] | these guys at the top, they gathered us all together | 上层的人突然把我们聚到一起 |
[23:50] | and they told us it was over, all right? | 然后说要结束 |
[23:52] | They were disbanding the gang. | 他们要解散帮派 |
[23:53] | They say why? | 他们说原因了吗 |
[23:55] | No, man. They just cut us loose. All right? | 没有 他们直接让我们走了 |
[23:57] | And that was that. I got rid of my tat, and I joined up | 就是这样 我消了文身 |
[23:59] | with these boys, and I’ve been here ever since. | 然后加入了这里 之后就一直在这儿了 |
[24:02] | I’ve been loyal ever since. | 我一直很忠心 |
[24:04] | When was the last time you saw anyone | 你最后一次见到 |
[24:05] | from the Shoreline 99s? | 海岸线99的成员是什么时候 |
[24:08] | Maybe two years ago. | 大概两年前 |
[24:10] | The leader of the gang, Terrell, | 帮派头目特勒尔 |
[24:13] | I remember, he told me I owed him money, | 我记得他告诉我 我欠他钱 |
[24:14] | so he wanted to meet up. | 于是他想跟我见个面 |
[24:16] | Meet him where? | 在哪见面 |
[24:22] | The manager remembers Terrell Martin. | 老板记得特勒尔·马丁 |
[24:24] | Said he used to come here all the time. | 说他以前经常来 |
[24:26] | Used to? | 以前 |
[24:27] | Manager says she hasn’t seen him in years. | 老板说几年没见过他了 |
[24:29] | Got to think she’s telling the truth. | 不得不相信那是真话 |
[24:30] | I poked around a little inside, | 我观察了一下店里 |
[24:32] | didn’t see anything out of place. | 没看到什么异常的 |
[24:33] | If Shoreline 99 is using this spot as a front, | 如果海岸线99利用这个店做门面打掩护 |
[24:36] | they’re doing a hell of a good job hiding it. | 那他们隐藏得可真好 |
[24:38] | Nothing to hide. They’re not using that place. | 没什么好隐藏的 他们没有利用那家店 |
[24:41] | I think they might be using that place. | 他们利用的应该是那里 |
[24:43] | Public records indicate that building was foreclosed on | 公共档案显示那栋建筑十年前被取消赎买权 |
[24:45] | a decade ago. Yet, the front door is secured | 但是大门上 |
[24:48] | with brand new Medeco-shrouded padlock shackles, | 却挂着全新的美迪高链锁 |
[24:51] | and there are four Arecont Vision Dome Cameras | 房子四周还装着四个爱锐康的 |
[24:53] | around the perimeter. | 高清监控摄像头 |
[24:55] | Someone has gone to a lot of bother | 有人为保护这里 |
[24:57] | to roll out the unwelcome mat. | 可是大费了周章 |
[24:59] | And you think that someone is the Shoreline 99s. | 你认为是海岸线99的人 |
[25:02] | Terrell asked Reggie to meet him at this donut shop, | 特勒尔约雷吉在甜甜圈店门前见面 |
[25:04] | and we thought they were using it as as a gang front. | 这让我们以为他们利用甜甜圈店打掩护 |
[25:05] | Well, I think it might be gang front adjacent. | 可能是因为离帮派真正的掩护很近 |
[25:08] | Terrell holds his meetings here | 特勒尔约在这儿见面 |
[25:10] | because it’s across the street from the place | 是因为这个店的对面就是海岸线99 |
[25:11] | Shoreline 99 does control. | 真正掌控的地盘 |
[25:14] | Is it just me, Detective Bell, or do you hear that? | 只是我吗 贝尔警探 还是你也听到了 |
[25:16] | Hear.. what? | 听到什么 |
[25:17] | The sound of evidence being destroyed? | 证据被销毁的声音 |
[25:19] | It’s coming from inside that building. | 从那个建筑里传来的 |
[25:22] | Thank heavens the Supreme Court 2011 ruling | 感谢最高法院在2011年 |
[25:25] | in Kentucky v. King grants us probable cause | 肯塔基州诉金案中的判决 我们有正当理由 |
[25:27] | to search the premises in precisely this situation. | 在这种情况下进入搜查 |
[25:38] | Well, now we know where those barrels ended up. | 现在我们知道那些桶都去哪了 |
[26:04] | What do we got? | 找到什么了 |
[26:05] | Cocaine? | 可卡因 |
[26:07] | Afraid not. | 恐怕不是 |
[26:12] | What is it, then? | 那是什么 |
[26:15] | It’s maple syrup. | 枫糖浆 |
[26:32] | How did it go with CSU? | 和鉴证组有什么发现 |
[26:34] | We searched that building top to bottom, | 我们从上到下搜查了那里 |
[26:35] | found plenty more barrels, but not much else. | 发现了更多桶 但没别的东西了 |
[26:37] | You came back here to eat pancakes? | 你回来就是为了吃煎饼 |
[26:39] | Maple syrup. I had an idea. | 枫糖浆 我有个想法 |
[26:41] | The problem with maple syrup is that the natural production | 枫糖浆的问题就在于其自然生产方式 |
[26:44] | of it varies wildly | 长年累月后 |
[26:46] | from year to year. | 差别巨大 |
[26:47] | To combat this issue, the Federation | 为了解决这个问题 |
[26:49] | of Quebec Maple Syrup Producers | 魁北克枫糖浆生产联盟 |
[26:51] | modulates production of the stuff. | 调整了糖浆的生产 |
[26:53] | They set production quotas. | 他们制订了生产限额 |
[26:55] | Now, these quotas have no doubt helped some artisans, | 当然这些配额能够帮助部分生产者 |
[26:58] | but it also punishes others because they’re unable to sell | 但也会损害其他人的利益 因为他们无法 |
[27:00] | their surplus supply. | 出售过剩的糖浆库存 |
[27:02] | So it ends up getting sold on the black market | 所以这些糖浆最后就流入黑市 |
[27:04] | alongside drugs and guns. I know. | 和毒品枪械一起流通 我知道 |
[27:06] | Obviously, that’s what the Shoreline 99s’ leadership | 很明显 海岸线99五年前 |
[27:09] | was up to five years ago. | 贩卖的就是这个 |
[27:10] | The question is, what does that have to do with this? | 问题是 这和你做的事有什么关系 |
[27:13] | Well, I tasted some of the Shoreline 99s’ maple syrup | 我离开前尝了海岸线99的 |
[27:15] | before I left their building. | 一些枫糖浆 |
[27:16] | It has a woody, vanilla essence, | 糖浆中含有一种木香草香精 |
[27:18] | with a hint of crushed leaves. | 还有些许碎叶片 |
[27:20] | If I can identify a batch of syrup from one of the… | 如果我能从城里这些卖煎饼的餐馆 |
[27:23] | city’s many pancake dispensaries, | 出售的糖浆中 |
[27:27] | with the same flavor profile… | 尝出拥有相同口感的糖浆 |
[27:29] | You’ll know who’s buying the Shoreline 99s’ illegal syrup. | 你就知道是谁买了海岸线99的非法糖浆 |
[27:33] | And from there, it should be… | 这样的话 那就是 |
[27:35] | That’s a match. | 就是这个 |
[27:37] | Which restaurant? | 哪家餐馆 |
[27:38] | Crescent Moon Cafe in Greenpoint. | 绿点区的新月餐馆 |
[27:40] | I’ll send patrol over there, see if we can get the name | 我马上派巡逻队过去 看看能否查到 |
[27:42] | of whoever’s delivering their syrup. | 出售他们糖浆的人 |
[27:47] | The hell am I doing here? | 找我来干什么 |
[27:48] | You’re about to be arrested for trafficking stolen property | 你将因非法交易赃物 |
[27:51] | and violating federal customs laws. | 以及触犯联邦海关法被逮捕 |
[27:53] | You’ve been selling illegal Canadian maple syrup | 你曾将加拿大非法枫糖浆 |
[27:55] | to The Crescent Moon Cafe in Greenpoint, | 出售给绿点区的新月餐馆 |
[27:57] | as well as a number of other places, I’m sure. | 以及很多其他地方 我可以肯定 |
[28:00] | We just confiscated a few hundred barrels of the stuff | 我们刚刚将你在皇后区藏匿处的 |
[28:02] | at your stash house in Queens. | 几百桶糖浆没收了 |
[28:04] | On top of that, | 除此之外 |
[28:05] | there are several outstanding warrants for your arrest | 你还面临当时作为海岸线99成员的 |
[28:07] | from your days as a member of the Shoreline 99s. | 多条严重指控 |
[28:10] | When all is said and done, | 等这些供诸于堂 |
[28:11] | you’re looking at some pretty serious jail time. | 你将面临很长的刑期 |
[28:13] | The dark cloud that you find yourself under | 不过你头顶的乌云中 |
[28:15] | does, however, have a silver lining…? | 还是有一丝希望的 |
[28:19] | You help us with our case, and we’ll put in a good word | 你帮我们破案 我们就会在地检面前 |
[28:21] | with the district attorney. | 为你美言几句 |
[28:23] | Maybe he goes easy on you when the time comes. | 也许他会酌情给你轻判 |
[28:25] | What case? | 什么案子 |
[28:26] | Five years ago, the Shoreline 99s | 五年前 海岸线99 |
[28:29] | smuggled a load of maple syrup into New York. | 往纽约偷运了一批枫糖浆 |
[28:31] | Interesting move for a group that dealt in cocaine. | 搞可卡因的人玩这招真是有趣 |
[28:35] | Yeah, the drug game was good to us at first. | 毒品业务一开始还挺好 |
[28:37] | You know, we sold our product, made decent money, | 我们出了货就能赚钞票 |
[28:40] | didn’t ruffle any feathers. | 也没得罪人 |
[28:41] | Then these young guns show up, | 后来出现了这些小混混 |
[28:43] | start muscling in on our turf. | 开始抢我们的地盘 |
[28:45] | – Santo Matón. – Yeah. Killer Saint. | -圣马通 -没错 杀手圣徒 |
[28:47] | Emphasis on the “Killer”. | 重点在于「杀手」 |
[28:48] | Those guys are nuts, man. | 他们都是疯子 老兄 |
[28:50] | It’s all “Shoot first, ask questions never” with them. | 他们奉行「绝不提问 先行击毙」那套 |
[28:53] | You know, pretty soon, we spending more time | 没多久 我们用来卖可卡因的时间 |
[28:54] | dodging bullets than we are selling coke. | 还抵不上躲子弹费的功夫 |
[28:56] | Felt like living in a war zone. | 感觉像生活在战区 |
[28:58] | So when our leader, Terrell, said he had a way to get out, | 所以当头头特勒尔说他有别的路子 |
[29:01] | we was, like, “Yeah.” | 我们都立马同意 |
[29:02] | The syrup heist was his idea? | 抢糖浆是他的主意吗 |
[29:04] | No, a friend of his. This guy, you know, | 不是 是他的一个朋友 那家伙 |
[29:06] | he had all the details figured out. | 所有细节都考虑到了 |
[29:08] | Knew where to get the syrup, how to get the boats, | 知道哪儿有糖浆 怎么弄到船只 |
[29:10] | where to bring it once it was on shore. | 上岸后把糖浆送去什么地方 |
[29:13] | He just needed a bunch of guys to pull off the heist. | 他只需要找一群人来实施抢劫 |
[29:15] | So he brought it to Terrell. | 所以把点子告诉了特勒尔 |
[29:17] | Terrell picked ten of us | 特勒尔在我们当中选了十个 |
[29:18] | and sent everybody else home. | 其他人都打发走了 |
[29:20] | Just like that. | 就那样 |
[29:21] | No more Shoreline 99s. | 再无海岸线99 |
[29:23] | So, ten of us pulled the heist, | 于是我们十个搞了抢劫 |
[29:25] | and for the last five years, | 在过去五年中 |
[29:26] | we’ve been selling off the syrup barrel by barrel. | 我们一桶接一桶地出手糖浆 |
[29:29] | No more gang wars, no more shootings. | 不参与帮派战争 也没有枪林弹雨 |
[29:31] | Best part is, syrup never goes bad. | 最棒的是 糖浆总有销路 |
[29:34] | Part of your plan involved assaulting | 你们的行动计划涉及到 |
[29:36] | a warehouse security guard named Connor Brunelle. | 要袭击一位叫康纳·布鲁内尔的仓库保安 |
[29:40] | Yeah, Terrell’s friend handled that part. | 特勒尔那朋友处理的 |
[29:41] | Said he knew where to find the guy, | 说他知道那家伙在哪儿 |
[29:43] | knew how to make sure he didn’t show up for work. | 知道怎么能确保他没法来值班 |
[29:45] | Terrell was sure his friend could handle it. | 特勒尔相信那朋友能处理 |
[29:47] | He told us this one story where, supposedly, | 他跟我们讲了个故事 据说 |
[29:49] | the guy got into a bar fight | 那家伙搅进了一场酒吧斗殴 |
[29:51] | and wound up taking down, | 结果全凭一己之力 |
[29:52] | like, four bouncers, two Rottweilers, | 打倒了四个酒吧安保 |
[29:55] | and half a dozen other guys all by himself. | 两只罗威纳犬 还有其他六个人 |
[29:57] | He was a bruiser. | 他是个狠角色 |
[29:58] | Did this bruiser have a name? | 这位狠角色有名字吗 |
[30:00] | Terrell wouldn’t tell us. | 特勒尔不肯说 |
[30:02] | Guy didn’t want a bunch of thugs being able to ID him | 他怕万一出了纰漏 所以不想 |
[30:04] | just in case something went wrong. | 给一群暴徒指认其身份的机会 |
[30:05] | That was part of the deal. | 那也是交易的一部分 |
[30:07] | So Terrell Martin is the only person | 所以特勒尔·马丁是唯一 |
[30:08] | who can identify this silent partner, | 知道这位幕后搭档身份的人 |
[30:11] | the man who assaulted Connor Brunelle. | 而这位搭档就是袭击康纳·布鲁内尔的人 |
[30:14] | So where is Terrell now? | 那么特勒尔现在在哪儿 |
[30:15] | Groveton Cemetery. | 格罗夫顿墓园 |
[30:17] | He died in a car crash about a year ago. | 大约一年前 他死于一场车祸 |
[30:30] | Ramesh is a friend from med school. | 拉梅什是我在医学院的朋友 |
[30:33] | He specializes in Mohs micrographic surgery. | 他专攻莫斯显微手术 |
[30:37] | It’s an advanced technique to remove basal cell carcinoma. | 那是一项用来移除基底细胞癌的先进技术 |
[30:42] | Listen, Jack. | 听我说 杰克 |
[30:43] | I’m not gonna pretend I know | 我不打算假装成好像 |
[30:45] | what it’s like to lose a child. | 自己能体会丧子之痛 |
[30:48] | I’ve been around plenty of people who have. | 我接触过很多痛失子女的人 |
[30:51] | I know it gets better with time. | 我知道时间能缓解痛苦 |
[30:55] | However this thing turns out, Ramesh can help you. | 不管这事最后如何 拉梅什都能帮你 |
[31:08] | 40 minutes. | 还剩四十分钟 |
[31:18] | Marcus! | 马库斯 |
[31:25] | August 23, 2009. | 2009年8月23日 |
[31:27] | A man is watching a hockey game in a bar in Harlem. | 有人在哈莱姆一间酒吧看曲棍球比赛 |
[31:30] | It is Montreal’s Canadiens against New York’s Rangers. | 这场是蒙特利尔加拿大人对战纽约游骑兵 |
[31:32] | Midway through, | 比赛过半 |
[31:33] | three Ranger fans start mocking our man, | 这位老兄支持的加拿大人表现不佳 |
[31:35] | a Canadiens supporter, over the poor play of his team. | 三位游骑兵球迷开始取笑他 |
[31:38] | Alcohol is consumed, threats are made. | 酒也喝了 挑衅的话也说了 |
[31:40] | A confrontation begins. | 冲突开始了 |
[31:42] | Our Canadiens fan | 这位加拿大人球迷 |
[31:43] | battles all three Ranger enthusiasts, | 打败了那三个游骑兵狂热粉 |
[31:45] | as well as two bouncers, a bartender, | 再加两位酒吧安保 一酒保 |
[31:46] | and a stray beagle that had wandered into the bar. | 和碰巧走进酒吧的一只流浪比格犬 |
[31:48] | Oh, wait. Holmes, you… | 等等 福尔摩斯 你 |
[31:50] | Terrell Martin’s story about his silent partner | 特勒尔·马丁对他那位幕后搭档 |
[31:51] | beating up a bar all by himself is true. | 一个人撂倒整间酒吧的描述是真的 |
[31:54] | Or at least some version of it. | 起码大体而言是事实 |
[31:55] | I began exploring the notion | 我之所以往这个方向挖 |
[31:56] | when I recalled the writings | 是因为我记起 |
[31:58] | of 19th century Russian occultist | 十九世纪俄国玄学家海伦娜·布拉瓦茨基 |
[31:59] | Helena Blavatsky. | 她说过的话 |
[32:00] | To paraphrase: no myth is wholesale fable. | 意思就是 不存在彻底虚构的神话 |
[32:03] | Even the most fanciful legends begin as a small grain of truth. | 哪怕最为怪诞的传说也多少始于一点真实 |
[32:06] | She was right, and thankfully so, | 她说得对 也多亏了这点 |
[32:08] | as her words have led us directly to our culprit. | 她的话将我们直接引到了肇事者面前 |
[32:10] | At the end of the confrontation, | 冲突结束后 |
[32:12] | several of the belligerents were arrested, | 好几个参与斗殴的人都被捕了 |
[32:14] | including Terrell Martin’s silent partner. | 包括特勒尔·马丁那位幕后搭档 |
[32:16] | Or as we know him better, | 我们已经认识他了 |
[32:17] | Frank bloody Trimble. | 就是该死的弗兰克·特林布 |
[32:21] | Look at these. | 看这些 |
[32:23] | Welts and bruises on Frank’s victims at the bar are identical | 弗兰克那些酒吧受害者身上的红肿和淤青 |
[32:27] | to marks found on Connor Brunelle. | 跟康纳·布鲁内尔的一样 |
[32:29] | Same irregular shape of the first metacarpophalangeal joint here. | 这儿第一掌指关节处的不规则形是相同的 |
[32:33] | Same length of the fourth metacarpal, here. | 这儿第四掌骨长度相同 |
[32:35] | Same distance between the major and minor knuckles, here. | 这儿大小指节距离相同 |
[32:37] | These bruises were made by the same hands. | 这些伤痕是同一双手造成的 |
[32:40] | Frank Trimble’s hands. Frank is our culprit. | 弗兰克·特林布的手 弗兰克是我们的罪犯 |
[32:43] | He’s the one who assaulted Connor Brunelle. | 他就是攻击康纳·布鲁内尔的人 |
[32:47] | Sherlock, that was the captain who called. | 夏洛克 刚才是警监的电话 |
[32:49] | It’s 12:05. | 已经十二点过五分了 |
[32:51] | We missed the deadline. | 我们错过了期限时间 |
[33:09] | It’s Sherlock. | 是夏洛克 |
[33:15] | – You’re unharmed? – So far, yes. | -你没受伤吧 -目前没有 |
[33:18] | Mr. Brunelle, it’s over. | 布鲁内尔先生 结束了 |
[33:19] | We’ve solved your case. | 我们破了你的案子 |
[33:21] | Your son was assaulted by a man named Frank Trimble. | 袭击你儿子的人叫弗兰克·特林布 |
[33:23] | It doesn’t matter anymore! | 这不再重要了 |
[33:27] | It’s past midnight. You failed. | 午夜已过 你失败了 |
[33:30] | – You need to give us more time. – No. | -你得多给我们点时间 -不 |
[33:31] | I gave you plenty of time. | 我给了你很多时间 |
[33:34] | Years. | 几年的时间 |
[33:35] | I waited on you. | 我曾等过你 |
[33:37] | Now you gonna wait on me. | 现在该你等我了 |
[33:44] | I know nothing’s happened yet, Tommy. | 我知道还没发生什么事 汤米 |
[33:46] | The idea’s to get my guys inside before anything does. | 应该在没发生任何事前派我的人进去 |
[33:49] | It’s ten minutes past the deadline | 期限时间已经过了十分钟 |
[33:50] | and Jack Brunelle hasn’t fired a shot. | 杰克·布鲁内尔还没有开枪 |
[33:52] | You send a team through that door, | 如果你派一队人穿过那扇门 |
[33:54] | and that’s gonna change real quick. | 局势将迅速发生改变 |
[33:56] | I send a team in, we’re all safe at home inside an hour. | 我派人进去 我们都能在一小时内安全回家 |
[33:59] | There are 20 hostages inside that building. | 那栋楼里有二十个人质 |
[34:02] | One of them is a friend of mine. | 其中一位是我的朋友 |
[34:04] | If Brunelle doesn’t have a reason to kill anybody, | 如果布鲁内尔没有理由杀人 |
[34:07] | I don’t want you giving him one. | 我不希望你给他一个 |
[34:09] | – Hey, Captain. – What? | -警监 -怎么了 |
[34:10] | There’s something you should see. | 有些东西你该看看 |
[34:13] | The tablecloth came down a few minutes ago, | 枱布几分钟前掉了下来 |
[34:15] | but doesn’t look like anybody on the inside’s noticed yet. | 但看上去里面的人都没注意到 |
[34:18] | Might give you a view into the diner. | 可能能让你看见餐厅里的情况 |
[34:22] | Hold the entry. | 守住入口 |
[34:23] | Get me a sniper. | 找个狙击手来 |
[34:40] | Come here. | 过来 |
[34:42] | Get on the ground. | 到地上去 |
[34:43] | Jack, what are you doing? | 杰克 你在干什么 |
[34:45] | Jack, stop! | 杰克 住手 |
[34:46] | I’m doing exactly what I said I was gonna do. | 我在做我之前说过要做的事 |
[34:48] | I’ve spent hundreds of hours | 我花了上百个小时 |
[34:50] | trying to get police to look at Connor’s case. | 试图让警察关注康纳的案子 |
[34:53] | I wrote letters. I printed flyers. | 我写了信 打印了传单 |
[34:57] | I even posted online. | 甚至还发到了网上 |
[35:00] | None of it made a difference. | 全都没半点作用 |
[35:01] | So, you tell me, Joan, | 乔恩 你告诉我 |
[35:02] | what am I supposed to do? | 我该怎么做 |
[35:05] | Do you really think that Connor would want you | 你真的认为康纳会想要你 |
[35:07] | to kill an innocent man? | 杀一个无辜的人吗 |
[35:08] | He’s not innocent! | 他不是无辜的 |
[35:10] | Connor was lying in a hospital bed, half dead, | 康纳半死不活地躺在医院的床上时 |
[35:13] | while he did nothing. | 他什么都没做 |
[35:15] | Don’t! Please! | 别这样 求你 |
[35:21] | That makes him pretty guilty in my book. | 在我看来他那就是罪大恶极 |
[35:25] | 格雷森短信 引他到门后 狙击手将通过窗户射击 | |
[35:32] | Guilty of being a bad cop. | 作为一个糟糕警察的罪责 |
[35:35] | Okay? Yes. | 对吗 没错 |
[35:37] | But that does not earn him a death sentence. | 但那不足以判他死刑 |
[35:39] | – You know that, Jack. – I don’t know anything. | -你知道这点 杰克 -我什么都不知道 |
[35:42] | Stop telling me what I’m thinking! | 别再告诉我我是怎么想的 |
[35:49] | However angry that you are about what happened to your son, | 无论你对发生在你儿子身上的事多愤怒 |
[35:54] | you’re not gonna feel better by killing this man. Okay? | 杀了这个人也不会让你感觉好受点 好吗 |
[35:59] | Stop moving, Jack. | 别动 杰克 |
[36:02] | If you take another step, | 如果你再走一步 |
[36:03] | a sniper outside will blow your head off. | 外面的狙击手会将你爆头 |
[36:10] | 格雷森短信 引他到门后 狙击手将通过窗户射击 | |
[36:16] | I am really sorry… | 对你儿子的死 |
[36:19] | about how your son died. | 我感到非常遗憾 |
[36:21] | I really am. | 真的 |
[36:24] | But you know… | 但你知道 |
[36:26] | that this is no way to honor his memory. | 这不是纪念他的办法 |
[36:41] | You just saved my life. | 你刚救了我的命 |
[36:49] | Put the gun down. | 把枪放下 |
[36:53] | Please. | 拜托 |
[37:13] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[37:15] | Not really. | 不怎么好 |
[37:20] | You did good in there. | 你在里面做得很好 |
[37:41] | Can’t sleep? | 睡不着吗 |
[37:44] | Apparently, you can’t, either. | 显然你也是 |
[37:47] | What’s all this? | 这都是什么 |
[37:49] | Oh, I’m, uh, reexamining the paperwork | 我在重新检查袭击康纳·布鲁内尔 |
[37:51] | on the Connor Brunelle assault. | 一案的资料 |
[37:53] | Why? Jack Brunelle is in jail. | 为什么 杰克·布鲁内尔进了监狱 |
[37:55] | We know that Frank Trimble assaulted his son, | 我们知道了弗兰克·特林布袭击了他儿子 |
[37:57] | but the statute of limitations has expired. It’s over. | 但诉讼时效已经过了 这结束了 |
[38:00] | And yet I find myself drawn to this case | 但我发现自己沉迷在这个案子里 |
[38:02] | for the uniquely challenging foe it presents. | 因为它提供了具有独特挑战性的对手 |
[38:05] | How is Frank Trimble a “uniquely challenging foe”? | 弗兰克·特林布怎么会是具有独特挑战性的对手 |
[38:08] | He’s not. I’m referring to time itself. | 他不是 我指的是时间本身 |
[38:12] | As rivals go, it’s undefeated. | 作为对手来说 它是无敌的 |
[38:17] | I just want you to know that if you tell me | 我得提醒你 如果你告诉我 |
[38:18] | you’re trying to build a flux capacitor, I’m out of here. | 你打算造个时光机 我可不参与 |
[38:24] | Good night, Sherlock. | 晚安 夏洛克 |
[38:26] | Good night, Watson. | 晚安 华生 |
[38:34] | What’s that? | 什么东西 |
[38:35] | You’re gonna need it later on. | 你稍后会用上的 |
[38:37] | I told you last night, as adversaries go, | 我昨晚跟你说了 作为对手 |
[38:39] | time itself was undefeated… | 时间是不可战胜的 |
[38:42] | but as of this morning, you can consider it defeated. | 但今早 你可以认为时间被打败了 |
[38:45] | I have scaled an unscalable peak. | 我攀上了一个无法企及的高峰 |
[38:48] | My ascent, however, | 但我的登顶 |
[38:49] | was not without its metaphorical Sherpas. | 并不是没有助手的 |
[38:57] | I’m gonna take a wild guess, | 我要大胆猜一下 |
[38:58] | and say that you got some help from Everyone. | 你寻求了「人人」的帮助 |
[39:01] | They were kind enough to lend their assistance | 他们很好 冒险提供了帮助 |
[39:02] | on spec last night, | 就在昨晚 |
[39:05] | but when we are finished arresting Frank Trimble | 但在我们因弗兰克·特林布 |
[39:07] | for his assault on Connor Brunelle, | 袭击康纳·布鲁内尔而将其拘捕后 |
[39:09] | we are going to have to pay the piper. | 我们得还他们的人情 |
[39:12] | How are we going to arrest Frank Trimble? | 我们要怎么抓弗兰克·特林布 |
[39:15] | Statute of limitations has expired. | 诉讼时效已经过了 |
[39:19] | What did Everyone do for you? | 「人人」为你做了什么? |
[39:27] | There. That’s you, Mr. Trimble, | 看 那是你 特林布先生 |
[39:30] | at a Montreal Canadiens playoff game | 两年半前 在蒙特利尔加拿大人队的 |
[39:32] | two and a half years ago. | 一场附加赛上 |
[39:34] | Some tech-savvy friends of mine found this footage | 我有几个搞技术的朋友用面部识别软件 |
[39:36] | using facial recognition software. | 发现了这幅画面 |
[39:39] | So yes, as I was looking through the details | 所以是的 我在梳理 |
[39:41] | of your personal life, | 你私生活细节的同时 |
[39:42] | I discovered you’re not just a hockey fan, | 也发现了你不是个简单的曲棍球粉丝 |
[39:44] | you are… you’re a devotee. | 你简直是疯狂爱好者 |
[39:46] | You live and die the fortunes of Les Habs, and… | 你对蒙特利尔加拿大人队非常狂热 |
[39:50] | well, you went to attend a game | 你去参加了一场比赛 |
[39:51] | at the mecca of French Canadian hockey. | 在法裔加拿大人的曲棍球圣城 |
[39:54] | We pulled your credit card statements this morning. | 我们今早调出了你的信用卡记录 |
[39:57] | You bought last-minute tickets online. | 你临近开场时在网上买了票 |
[39:59] | You drove up on a Friday, | 你在一个周五开车过去 |
[40:00] | you stayed overnight in a hotel, | 在一家酒店过了一夜 |
[40:01] | and you drove back on Saturday. | 周六又开车回来了 |
[40:04] | So? | 所以呢 |
[40:05] | So the Canadiens play in Canada, | 所以加拿大人队是在加拿大比赛的 |
[40:07] | which means you crossed an international border | 也就是说你穿越了国际边境线 |
[40:09] | to get to the game. | 去观看比赛 |
[40:11] | So? | 那又怎样 |
[40:12] | Have you heard of tolling, Mr. Trimble? | 你听说过冻结期吗 特林布先生 |
[40:15] | It’s a legal term. | 那是个法律术语 |
[40:17] | When a crime is committed… | 当罪案被犯下 |
[40:18] | Assault, for example. | 比如袭击 |
[40:20] | …the statute of limitations on that crime begins | 案子的诉讼时效 |
[40:22] | the moment it is reported and continues to count down | 将从案件被上报开始 并持续倒计时 |
[40:26] | until the time expires. | 直至过期 |
[40:27] | Unless you leave the country, | 除非你离开了国家 |
[40:29] | in which case the clock stops for the time that you’re away. | 这样的话 你离境期间将停止计时 |
[40:32] | That time is “tolled.” | 这段时间就被冻结了 |
[40:34] | Tolling stops people from committing a crime, | 冻结期能防止人们 |
[40:36] | leaving the country, | 犯了罪就出境 |
[40:36] | then returning Scot-free | 等诉讼时间过了 |
[40:38] | after the statute of limitations has expired. | 再回来逍遥法外 |
[40:40] | Without it, people could commit a crime | 没有它的话 人们就都能犯罪 |
[40:42] | without any repercussions. | 却不承担后果了 |
[40:43] | When you went to that game, you left the country for 27 hours. | 你去观看比赛时 曾离境27小时 |
[40:47] | So that means the statute of limitations | 也就意味着 针对你五年前 |
[40:49] | for the assault you committed against Connor Brunelle | 袭击康纳·布鲁内尔的诉讼 |
[40:51] | five years ago is still active for exactly that amount of time. | 还有27小时的有效期 |
[40:55] | We can match the bruises you left | 我们将你在酒吧斗殴后 |
[40:56] | on those guys in Harlem after the bar fight | 留在哈莱姆那些家伙身上的淤痕 |
[40:58] | with the ones you left on Connor Brunelle. | 与你留在康纳身上的淤痕匹配了起来 |
[41:01] | In other words, you’re under arrest. | 换言之 你被捕了 |
[41:05] | And if you’re still unclear about the concept of tolling, | 如果你还不清楚冻结期的概念 |
[41:08] | don’t worry, because the 20-odd years | 别担心 你可能会因一级袭击罪 |
[41:11] | you might get for criminal assault in the first degree | 获得二十年的刑期 |
[41:13] | should give you plenty of time to work it out. | 足够你慢慢想清楚了 |
[41:23] | So, are we doing this? | 我们真要这么做吗 |
[41:26] | We are. | 是的 |
[41:27] | Your phone rang. | 刚才你的手机响了 |
[41:28] | Yeah, it was the captain. | 对 是警监 |
[41:29] | He spoke to his friend | 他今早 |
[41:30] | at the Department of Corrections this morning. | 跟他在惩治局的朋友聊了 |
[41:33] | They agreed to let Ramesh treat Jack’s cancer | 他们同意让拉梅什在杰克入狱期间 |
[41:35] | while he’s in prison. | 治疗他的癌症 |
[41:37] | So he’s gonna get the surgery he needs. | 他会得到他需要的手术 |
[41:41] | Everyone? | 「人人」吗 |
[41:42] | Yes. They’re ready. | 是的 他们准备好了 |
[41:46] | Here’s what I don’t get. | 可我不明白 |
[41:47] | I mean, you could shave your own head, | 你明明可以自己剃头 |
[41:48] | so why do I have to do it? | 为什么非得我来做 |
[41:51] | partners in everything, I suppose, Watson. | 一朝为搭档 凡事不离分啊 华生 |
[41:55] | Okay, this is your last chance… …to get out of it. | 好吧 这是你最后一次反悔的机会 |
[41:59] | The humiliation will fade. | 耻辱感是会消褪的 |
[42:00] | The satisfaction of putting Frank Trimble behind bars will not. | 但将特林布绳之于法的满足感却不会 |
[42:05] | Now, let’s get on with it. | 来吧 咱们开始吧 |