时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | The Heart Bled Blue and The Heart Hit Home– | 「蓝血之心」 「触痛之心」 |
[00:05] | your stepdad wrote these? | 这都是你继父写的吗 |
[00:07] | Certainly did. | 那可不 |
[00:08] | Why didn’t he use his real name? | 为什么他不用真名 |
[00:10] | Why does any thief use an alias? | 为什么大盗都用假名 |
[00:13] | He based the main characters on me and Sherlock, | 他是以我和夏洛克为原型创作的主角 |
[00:15] | and didn’t ask our permission. | 但没经过我们同意 |
[00:16] | This is supposed to be you and Sherlock? | 这俩人是你和夏洛克 |
[00:18] | Yeah, now you know why he didn’t ask our permission. | 对 现在你懂他为什么不征求我们同意了吧 |
[00:21] | Anyway, he learned his lesson, | 总之 他长教训了 |
[00:22] | and now he wants to write a more grounded book about real cops. | 现在他想写更真实的关于真警察的故事 |
[00:25] | So he wanted to know if I could connect him | 所以他想让我帮他 |
[00:26] | with someone on the force. | 联系警局里的什么人 |
[00:28] | And you thought of me. | 然后你想到了我 |
[00:29] | He just needs a brain to pick. | 他只是需要一些建议 |
[00:30] | And I thought, I don’t know, | 而且我想着 也许 |
[00:31] | you’d get a few free lunches out of it. | 你能借机换几顿免费午餐呢 |
[00:33] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[00:34] | Well, it depends. Am I gonna be the next one | 这得看情况了 我会成为下一个 |
[00:36] | kissing your partner? | 跟你搭档接吻的人吗 |
[00:38] | You know, jot down his info. | 写下他的联系方式 |
[00:40] | I’ll give him a ring tomorrow. | 我明天给他打电话 |
[00:41] | Okay. | 好的 |
[00:46] | Excuse me, but… | 不好意思 但是… |
[00:48] | does this mean what I think it means? | 这上面的意思和我想的一样吗 |
[00:51] | If you think it means I have a date tonight, | 如果你想的是我今晚有约 |
[00:53] | then… Yeah. | 那么 是的 |
[00:56] | Well, I thought you were gonna wait to ask her out | 我以为你至少要等她离婚结束了 |
[00:58] | until her divorce was finalized. | 才会约她 |
[01:00] | I was. | 本来是的 |
[01:01] | And it is. | 可现在这样了 |
[01:03] | But then she made the first move. | 她先约的我 |
[01:05] | Tonight’s actually date number three. | 今晚其实是第三次约会了 |
[01:07] | I can’t believe you didn’t tell me. | 你居然没告诉我 |
[01:09] | I didn’t want to jinx anything. | 我不想把事情搞砸 |
[01:12] | Speaking of which, | 说到这个 |
[01:13] | I should probably get going. | 我可能该走了 |
[01:15] | I’ll let you know when I’ve touched base with your stepdad. | 我跟你继父联系了再跟你说 |
[01:18] | Okay, but I better know the details | 好 但我最好能比我继父 |
[01:20] | about your new girlfriend before he does. | 先知道你新女朋友的情况 |
[01:29] | You’re five minutes away, | 你五分钟就到 |
[01:30] | and you want me to order you a Merlot. | 而且想让我给你点一杯红酒 |
[01:32] | Actually, I’m not five minutes away, | 实际上 我五分钟到不了 |
[01:34] | but I would kill for a drink. | 但我确实想要一杯酒 |
[01:36] | Everything okay? | 没出什么事吧 |
[01:38] | Yeah, you know how we’re making that big discovery push | 你知道我们最近在用那个大发现 |
[01:41] | on the Pulaski case? | 给普拉斯基案施压吧 |
[01:42] | The homicide, yeah. | 那起凶案 知道 |
[01:43] | Well, the defense just hit us with a document dump. | 被告刚用一打文件击退了我们 |
[01:46] | I’m gonna have to comb through this all night | 我今晚得彻查这些资料 |
[01:47] | if I’m gonna make my deadline. | 不然就赶不上最后期限了 |
[01:49] | Well, that’s the life of a superstar ADA, right? | 这就是超级巨星助理地检官的人生 不是吗 |
[01:52] | Well, I don’t know about superstar, but… | 是不是超级巨星我不知道 但… |
[01:55] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[01:55] | This is the life. | 生活就是如此 |
[01:57] | Can I get a rain check? | 咱们能改天吗 |
[01:59] | Of course. | 当然 |
[02:00] | I’ll call you tomorrow. | 我明天给你电话 |
[02:02] | You better. | 可别爽约 |
[02:09] | What the hell, man? | 搞什么 哥们 |
[02:11] | I was just about to settle up. | 我正打算去结账 |
[02:12] | How about I buy you another one? | 我再给你买一杯如何 |
[02:14] | I don’t want another drink. I want that drink. | 我不想再来一杯 我就想要那杯 |
[02:17] | Look, man, I’m a cop. | 听着 哥们 我是警察 |
[02:19] | I don’t want any trouble. | 我不想惹麻烦 |
[02:20] | Let’s just take this down a notch, before… | 咱们别把事情搞大 以免… |
[02:22] | Before what? You think just ’cause you’re a cop | 以免什么 你以为你是警察 |
[02:24] | you ain’t got to watch where you’re going? | 走路就可以不看道了 |
[02:28] | What? Oh, you got something for me, cop? | 怎么 你有东西要给我吗 警察 |
[02:47] | Over there! | 那边 |
[03:03] | I don’t see him. | 我没看到他 |
[03:08] | I thought you said he went this way. | 你不是说他走这边了吗 |
[03:15] | He did. | 就是这边 |
[03:17] | That’s his mask. | 那是他的面具 |
[03:28] | That’s not his mask. | 那不是他的面具 |
[03:29] | It’s him. | 是他 |
[03:37] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[03:38] | He’s dead, isn’t he? | 他死了 是吗 |
[03:40] | Looks like someone tried to bury him. | 看着像有人打算埋了他 |
[03:44] | W-We only lost him for a second or two! | 他只从我们面前消失了一两秒 |
[03:48] | How the hell did this happen? | 怎么可能会这样 |
[04:02] | Normally, I wouldn’t accept help from an outsider. | 通常我不会接受外人的帮助 |
[04:05] | It was weird, you showing up out of the blue this morning. | 你今早突然出现也太怪了 |
[04:09] | But this is a weird case. | 但这个案子也很奇怪 |
[04:11] | We don’t get much murder in Mount Pleasant, | 芒特普林森很少有凶案 |
[04:14] | let alone whatever this is. | 更别提这种凶案了 |
[04:17] | You’re the Major Case consultant– | 你是重案组的顾问 |
[04:18] | ever see anything like this? | 你见过像这样的吗 |
[04:20] | This is, in fact, my third murdered clown. | 这实际上是我遇上的第三个被杀的小丑 |
[04:23] | But that’s a career spanning more than 20 years, so… | 但我干这行至少二十年了 所以… |
[04:25] | I’m hardly an expert. | 这种案子我还不算专家 |
[04:28] | May I? | 我能看看吗 |
[04:33] | You said you’d been reading about us online, right? | 你说你一直在网上关注我们 是吗 |
[04:35] | For several weeks now, a clown matching this one’s description | 已经有几周了 一个描述与这位相符的小丑 |
[04:39] | has been skulking around Mount Pleasant late at night. | 在芒特普林森深夜游荡 |
[04:42] | He’s been observed and photographed | 有很多市民都见过 |
[04:44] | by a dozen citizens. | 并拍下了他 |
[04:45] | Never says anything, just stands and stares, | 什么也不说 就站着看着 |
[04:48] | before disappearing back into the shadows. | 然后消失在黑暗中 |
[04:50] | We weren’t sure if it’s just a kid playing a prank, | 我们不确定这是小孩子的恶作剧 |
[04:51] | or someone who wanted to do real harm. | 还是有人真想伤人 |
[04:53] | Yeah. I’m sure you’re aware | 对 我相信你知道 |
[04:56] | scary clowns are quite in at the moment. | 最近恐怖小丑很流行 |
[04:59] | They’ve been observed lurking around towns and cities | 全国各地的城市和乡镇里 |
[05:01] | all across the country. | 都有人看到他们乱逛 |
[05:02] | It’s a phenomenon as strange as it is stupid. | 这是个既奇怪又愚蠢的现象 |
[05:05] | I was, I was curious when I heard this one died. | 我听说这个小丑死了 我很好奇 |
[05:09] | Who found him? | 是谁发现他的 |
[05:10] | Two members of our Citizens Patrol. | 两个市民巡逻员 |
[05:11] | They said they saw him near the middle school around 10:00 P.M. | 他们说晚上十点左右看到他在中学附近 |
[05:14] | When they approached him, he took off, | 当他们去追他时 他逃走了 |
[05:17] | made a beeline for these woods. | 直穿过这片树林 |
[05:19] | And yet this couldn’t possibly be the clown that was being chased. | 但这个小丑不可能是他们追的那个 |
[05:21] | No. Westchester County M.E. | 对 韦斯特切斯特郡的法医 |
[05:24] | says he’s been dead about 36 hours. | 说他已经死了差不多36个小时了 |
[05:26] | Obviously, we haven’t been dealing with one clown | 显然 我们过去两周里对付的 |
[05:28] | the last two weeks. | 不是一个小丑 |
[05:29] | We’ve been dealing with two. | 而是两个小丑 |
[05:30] | Yeah, at least two. You never know with clowns. | 至少两个 你永远弄不懂小丑 |
[05:33] | The assailant was right-handed, I would say. | 我认为行凶者是右撇子 |
[05:35] | The first blow was from behind. | 第一下是从背后打的 |
[05:37] | This one killed him. | 这一下杀了他 |
[05:39] | Weapon has a hook on the end of it. | 凶器末端有个钩子 |
[05:41] | Most likely a crowbar. | 像是根撬棍 |
[05:43] | Yeah. He doesn’t look familiar? | 对 他看起来眼熟吗 |
[05:47] | No wallet, no phone. | 没有钱包 没有手机 |
[05:49] | But Mount Pleasant’s a small place. | 但芒特普林森是个小地方 |
[05:51] | If he’s one of ours, we’ll hear about it. | 如果他是这里的人 我们会听说的 |
[05:53] | You said the second clown made a beeline for these woods. | 你说第二个小丑直穿过这片树林跑了 |
[05:56] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[05:57] | So, by all accounts, | 所以 据大家所说 |
[05:58] | the clowns were stalking Mount Pleasant, the town, | 小丑们在芒特普林森镇上猖獗 |
[06:01] | this one died in the woods, | 这个死在了树林里 |
[06:02] | the other one ran through here, so… | 另一个穿过了树林 那么… |
[06:05] | What’s on the other side? | 树林另一边有什么 |
[06:14] | We didn’t make plans last night that I forgot? | 我们昨天没约好什么事我给忘了吧 |
[06:17] | Nope. I just need to talk to you a minute. | 没有 我只是要跟你说句话 |
[06:21] | Sure. | 好 |
[06:22] | Come on back. | 过来吧 |
[06:26] | So it’s true. | 所以是真的 |
[06:28] | You were in a fight at the bar last night. | 你昨晚在酒吧跟人打架了 |
[06:30] | How did you hear about that? | 你是怎么听说的 |
[06:33] | Look, um… | 听着 |
[06:37] | …it was just, it was nothing. | 这没什么 |
[06:39] | Some guy was itching to mix it up with someone. | 有人想找麻烦 |
[06:42] | For whatever reason, he picked me. | 不知为何他选了我 |
[06:43] | The bouncers broke it up before it got serious. | 保安在事态严重之前打断了我们 |
[06:45] | But you did hit him. | 但你确实打了他 |
[06:47] | Chantal, are you here as my girlfriend or as an ADA? | 你是以女朋友还是助理地检官的身份来的 |
[06:50] | Honestly, I’m here because I’m angry at you. | 其实我来是因为我很生你的气 |
[06:52] | At me? | 生我的气 |
[06:53] | The guy was a jackass. | 那家伙是个混蛋 |
[06:55] | He instigated the whole thing. | 是他先挑事的 |
[06:56] | And you took the bait. | 而你上钩了 |
[06:57] | The guy you hit, his name was Roy Booker. | 你打的那个人叫罗伊·布克 |
[06:59] | He came to my office this morning and made a scene. | 他今早来我办公室大闹了一场 |
[07:01] | Why would he come to the DA’s office? | 他怎么会去找地检啊 |
[07:03] | Because he’s my ex-husband. | 因为他是我前夫 |
[07:09] | Sorry, it’s not me. | 抱歉 这不是我 |
[07:11] | You may be right– after all, you are just one of the men | 你可能是对的 毕竟你只是 |
[07:14] | wearing a costume like that around Mount Pleasant. | 穿着那种衣服在芒特普林森乱逛的人之一 |
[07:16] | Mount Pleasant– is that, like, upstate or something? | 芒特普林森 它在州北边吗 |
[07:19] | I just moved here from Pittsburgh, so… | 我刚从匹兹堡搬来 所以… |
[07:20] | Cut the crap, okay? | 别废话了 好吗 |
[07:22] | We know you ran away from two members | 我们知道你昨晚从两个 |
[07:24] | of the Mount Pleasant Citizens Patrol last night. | 芒特普林森市民巡逻员面前跑掉了 |
[07:27] | You led them through the woods | 你领着他们穿过树林 |
[07:28] | to the Metro North station on the other side. | 到了另一边的北地铁站 |
[07:30] | We know this, because a half-costumed, | 我们知道这些是因为有人看见一个 |
[07:32] | heavily winded clown | 穿了一半小丑服 |
[07:34] | was seen buying a ticket at a kiosk there, | 气喘吁吁的小丑在那里的报刊亭买票 |
[07:36] | and that credit card was traced back to you. | 而那张信用卡追踪到了你身上 |
[07:41] | Okay, fine, it was me. | 好吧 是我 |
[07:42] | But it’s not illegal to wear a scary costume in public, okay? | 但在公共场合穿吓人的小丑服并不犯法 |
[07:45] | I checked. | 我查过了 |
[07:46] | You know what is illegal? | 你知道什么犯法吗 |
[07:48] | Murder. | 谋杀 |
[07:48] | We checked. | 我们也查过了 |
[07:53] | Are these…? | 这些是… |
[07:55] | Are these for real? | 这些是真的吗 |
[07:56] | Mount Pleasant’s police chief | 芒特普林森的警长 |
[07:58] | thinks he was killed two nights ago. | 认为他是两天前的晚上被杀的 |
[08:00] | You’ll be meeting her shortly. | 你很快就会见到她了 |
[08:01] | Because you reside in New York, | 因为你住在纽约 |
[08:02] | she requested that the NYPD pick you up, | 是她请纽约警局拘捕你的 |
[08:04] | and gave us permission to talk to you. | 并允许我们跟你谈谈 |
[08:06] | But after this is done, | 但在这之后 |
[08:07] | she’s gonna have some questions for you as well. | 她也会有些问题要问你 |
[08:09] | No-no way, I-I didn’t do this. | 不可能 这不是我干的 |
[08:11] | Two nights ago I was in Pittsburgh. | 两天前的晚上我在匹兹堡 |
[08:13] | I-I went to see my girlfriend. | 我去见我女朋友了 |
[08:15] | I crashed with her and her roommates. | 我跟她和她的室友在一起 |
[08:16] | They’ll all tell you, | 她们都能证明 |
[08:17] | I didn’t come back into New York until yesterday morning. | 我昨天早上才回到纽约 |
[08:19] | Say they will. | 就算她们能证明 |
[08:20] | Do you have any idea who would’ve done this? | 你觉得这会是谁干的 |
[08:23] | I mean, try anyone that lives in Mount Pleasant. | 试试住在芒特普林森的任何人 |
[08:26] | They hate us. | 他们讨厌我们 |
[08:27] | You’re talking about you and our victim, right? | 你是指你和我们的受害者吗 |
[08:30] | H-His name was Kip. | 他叫基普 |
[08:32] | Kip Tully. | 基普·塔里 |
[08:34] | We weren’t buddies or anything, | 我们不是朋友什么的 |
[08:35] | but I know that he lived in the city, too. | 但我知道他也住在纽约 |
[08:37] | We would both take the train to Mount Pleasant. | 我们都会坐火车去芒特普林森 |
[08:39] | We would change into our costumes in the woods | 我们会在森林里换上戏服 |
[08:41] | and then use it as a shortcut into town, | 然后抄近路去市里 |
[08:42] | just never on the same night. | 只不过我俩绝不会在同一天行动 |
[08:45] | Wait, you took turns | 等等 你们轮流 |
[08:47] | dressing up like a clown | 换装成小丑 |
[08:48] | and creeping around Mount Pleasant, | 然后在芒特普林森鬼鬼祟祟 |
[08:50] | but you weren’t buddies? | 而你们却不是朋友 |
[08:51] | It was a job, for a company called AdRupt. | 是工作 为一家叫「广告炸裂」的公司 |
[08:55] | Have you guys ever heard of prankvertising? | 你们有听说过「恶作剧营销学」吗 |
[08:57] | Prankver-what? | 恶作剧什么 |
[08:58] | I-It’s like guerilla marketing. | 类似于一种游击式营销 |
[09:00] | You prank people, right? But you do it on camera. | 你搞恶作剧戏弄他人 但要在镜头下做 |
[09:03] | So how does dressing up like a scary clown help sell anything? | 所以穿成可怕的小丑怎么能帮助销售了 |
[09:07] | The pictures people take of us? | 人们拍的我们的照片 |
[09:09] | The videos they post? | 上传的那些视频 |
[09:11] | They’ve been going viral. | 就像病毒一样扩散着 |
[09:12] | It’s all supposed to help promote this horror movie | 这都是为了帮助宣传 |
[09:14] | that’s coming out in a few months, mister Mangles. | 过几个月就要上映的恐怖片「碾压机先生」 |
[09:18] | May I have a moment outside? | 你们出来一下好吗 |
[09:29] | Kip Tully doesn’t exist. | 没有基普·塔里这个人 |
[09:31] | What do you mean? You did a search of his name? | 什么意思 你搜了他的名字 |
[09:33] | No, I searched for the company, AdRupt, | 不 我搜的是雇佣他的公司 |
[09:35] | that employed him. | 「广告炸裂」 |
[09:36] | One of the first things that came up was a link to an article | 第一个弹出来的是一条链接 转到了一篇 |
[09:39] | written about the company several months ago. | 几个月前发表的关于这家公司的文章 |
[09:42] | Look at the byline photo. | 看署名照片 |
[09:44] | That’s our dead clown. | 那是我们已故的小丑 |
[09:46] | Kip Tully was just an alias. | 基普·塔里只是化名 |
[09:47] | His real name was Dale Schmitt. | 他的真名叫戴尔·施密特 |
[09:50] | Perhaps he was killed over his reporting. | 说不定他是因为那些报道而被杀的 |
[09:53] | No way are you cops. | 你们不可能是警察 |
[09:57] | Wait, are you cops? | 等等 你们是吗 |
[09:59] | No, if you’re cops, I’m a cop. | 不 如果你们是警察 那我也是 |
[10:01] | The only cop here is me. | 这里唯一的警察是我 |
[10:03] | But my colleagues do consult for the department. | 但是我同事为警局做顾问 |
[10:06] | Sorry, a lot of shenanigans around this place. | 抱歉 这里鬼把戏太多了 |
[10:09] | Even I get tricked sometimes. | 甚至我有时都会被骗 |
[10:10] | Jerry Bice. Welcome to AdRupt. | 杰里·柏斯 欢迎来「广告炸裂」 |
[10:12] | By shenanigans, do you mean the, uh, | 你说的鬼把戏 |
[10:14] | prank that Kip Tully played on you? | 是指基普·塔里对你的恶作剧吗 |
[10:16] | – Who? – Kip Tully. | -谁 -基普·塔里 |
[10:17] | He’s one of the man that your company hired | 他是贵公司雇来 |
[10:19] | to wander around Mount Pleasant in a clown suit. | 穿成小丑在芒特普林森游荡的员工之一 |
[10:21] | If he told you that, he’s in violation of a very strict NDA. | 如果是他告诉你们的 那他严重违反了保密协议 |
[10:25] | He’s dead, Mr. Bice. | 他死了 柏斯先生 |
[10:26] | What? | 什么 |
[10:27] | Dead. More specifically, | 死了 更准确地说 |
[10:29] | murdered. | 是被谋杀了 |
[10:30] | Kip’s real name was Dale Schmitt. | 基普真名叫戴尔·施密特 |
[10:32] | You remember Mr. Schmitt, don’t you? | 你记得施密特先生 不是吗 |
[10:34] | He wrote a very unflattering article | 他去年为一份行业杂志 |
[10:36] | about your company for a trade magazine last year. | 写过一篇有损贵公司形象的文章 |
[10:38] | He claimed that you exploit your merry band of pranksters. | 他声称你们压榨手下的搞恶作剧的员工 |
[10:42] | Paying them under the table, for example, | 比如私下付款 |
[10:43] | to keep them off the company health plan. | 为了不让他们享受公司的医保计划 |
[10:45] | This, despite the fact, they’re put in dangerous situations. | 而且他们被置于了很危险的处境中 |
[10:48] | Dressing as deranged harlequins, | 比如 装成精神错乱的小丑 |
[10:50] | terrorizing small towns, for example. | 袭击小村庄等 |
[10:52] | We think Mr. Schmitt went undercover to write a follow-up piece. | 我们认为施密特先生是卧底进来写后续报道的 |
[10:55] | You found out and decided to get revenge | 你发现了 然后决定因为 |
[10:57] | for all the bad press he brought the first time around. | 他上次带来的负面报道而复仇 |
[11:01] | You’re right and you’re wrong. | 你们一半对一半错 |
[11:03] | Dale was working on a follow-up piece, | 戴尔的确在写后续报道 |
[11:04] | but he wasn’t undercover. | 但他不是潜入进来的 |
[11:06] | I was paying him to write another article about AdRupt. | 我在付钱给他写另一篇关于「广告炸裂」的报道 |
[11:08] | Explain that. | 说具体点 |
[11:10] | It was gonna be a retraction. | 这将是一个撤回报道 |
[11:12] | He was gonna work here a few months | 他要在这边工作几个月 |
[11:13] | and then say he got us all wrong. | 然后解释他误会我们了 |
[11:15] | We’re on the up and up, we treat our people well– | 我们蒸蒸日上 我们对待员工很好 |
[11:17] | stuff like that. | 这类的话 |
[11:19] | You don’t want to take my word for it, take his. | 你们不愿相信我的话 那就信他吧 |
[11:21] | I wanted to see everything he was writing as he wrote it, | 我想知道他在写什么 |
[11:24] | so we shared a cloud drive. | 所以我们共享一个云盘 |
[11:25] | The work he did got uploaded automatically. | 他写的东西会自动上传 |
[11:27] | I can give you the username and password. | 我可以给你们用户名和密码 |
[11:28] | You can see for yourself. | 你们可以自己看 |
[11:50] | Where the hell did that come from? | 那东西哪来的 |
[11:53] | I rented it! | 我租的 |
[11:54] | It’s help putting me in the mindset of someone | 它能帮我置身在 |
[11:56] | who’d want to kill a clown. | 有可能杀掉小丑的人的思维里 |
[12:02] | I could see how it could drive someone to murder. | 我能想象它怎么能逼得人杀人了 |
[12:04] | If you’re having to work this hard, | 如果你得这么费劲 |
[12:05] | I’m guessing Jerry Bice isn’t looking good as a suspect. | 我猜杰里·柏斯不是嫌疑犯了 |
[12:08] | The folder that Schmitt and Bice shared indicates | 施密特和柏斯共享的文件夹表明 |
[12:10] | they were working together. | 他们确实在合作 |
[12:11] | Well, if Bice isn’t our killer, why are you still reading that? | 那既然柏斯不是凶手 你为什么还要继续看 |
[12:14] | Well, the folder documents Schmitt’s activities in his final days, | 文件夹有施密特最后几天的动静 |
[12:17] | so there might be a lead lurking somewhere in its pages. | 所以这些文件中可能会有线索指向某个地方 |
[12:22] | “Officer Roy Booker, NYPD, retired?” | 罗伊·布克 纽约警局的 退役了 |
[12:25] | Yeah, uh, remember, uh, Chantal Milner? | 是的 还记得香特尔·米尔纳吗 |
[12:28] | The ADA Marcus was interested in? | 马库斯感兴趣的助理地检官 |
[12:30] | Well, they’re dating now. | 他们现在在约会了 |
[12:31] | – And Booker is her ex-husband. – Something amiss? | -布克是她的前夫 -有什么问题吗 |
[12:33] | Marcus was waiting for Chantal at a bar last night, | 昨晚马库斯在一间酒吧等香特尔 |
[12:36] | when Booker walked in and started a fight. | 正好布克走进来然后发生了冲突 |
[12:38] | So he just happened to be in the same bar, did he? | 所以他就正好出现在了同一家酒吧 是吗 |
[12:40] | Well, it’s not as suspicious as it sounds. | 没有听着这么可疑 |
[12:43] | Booker is an ex-cop, | 布克是退役警察 |
[12:44] | and the bar was near One Police Plaza and the courthouses. | 而酒吧靠近警局大楼和法院 |
[12:47] | He claimed he was there to meet his friends, | 他说他是去见朋友的 |
[12:49] | when he recognized Marcus. | 正好认出了马库斯 |
[12:51] | The thing is he barged into Chantal’s office this morning | 关键是他今天早上闯进了香特尔的办公室 |
[12:53] | and made a huge scene in front of the DA. | 在地检们面前大闹了一场 |
[12:55] | So he’s not one to let things go. | 所以他不是个能轻易放下过去的人 |
[12:57] | And Marcus is worried what he’s gonna do next. | 马库斯很担心他接下来会做些什么 |
[12:59] | Well, he could really jam Marcus up. | 他确实能给马库斯带来麻烦 |
[13:01] | I mean, he could push the department | 他可以向警局施压 |
[13:02] | to take disciplinary action. | 处分马库斯 |
[13:04] | I’m gonna stop by the bar. | 我会去那间酒吧 |
[13:05] | See what I can scrape up. | 看能搜集点什么证据 |
[13:06] | Maybe a security video, witness. | 也许有监控录像或目击证人 |
[13:08] | Just in case this guy keeps causing trouble. | 只是以防他继续找麻烦 |
[13:12] | You just spot something? | 你发现什么了 |
[13:14] | It’s a link to an online Photobucket. | 这是一个在线相簿网的链接 |
[13:17] | Schmitt’s phone was never recovered. | 施密特的手机一直未被找到 |
[13:18] | Presumably the killer took it along with his wallet. | 很可能是凶手连同钱包一起带走了 |
[13:20] | But it seems that his phone | 但看来他的手机 |
[13:22] | was set to automatically upload photographs here. | 被设置成自动上传照片到该网站 |
[13:25] | The last two photos, they were taken the night he died. | 最后的两张照片是在他被杀那晚拍的 |
[13:28] | You said Schmitt was killed with a crowbar. | 你说施密特是被用铁撬棍杀害的 |
[13:30] | We’ve got to be looking at his killer, right? | 我们是在看着杀他的凶手 对吧 |
[13:32] | This is not the same part of the woods Schmitt’s body was found. | 这不是施密特尸体被发现的那片树林 |
[13:35] | Well, maybe Mount Pleasant Police | 也许芒特普林森警方 |
[13:36] | can round up enough people for a grid search. | 能召集足够人手进行网格搜索 |
[13:38] | That won’t be necessary. | 没这个必要 |
[13:39] | There’s only a few hundred yards of roadway | 只有几百米的路 |
[13:42] | where you could drive a car this deep into the woods. | 能开车进入丛林深处 |
[13:44] | Shouldn’t be too hard to find the spot. | 应该不难找到那里 |
[13:47] | Body was found, what? | 尸体在哪被找到的 |
[13:48] | A few hundred yards that way? | 离那条路几百米远的地方吗 |
[13:50] | So Schmitt saw something he shouldn’t have somewhere around here. | 施密特在这附近看到了一些他不该看的事情 |
[13:54] | And our perp chased him away. | 我们的罪犯去追他 |
[13:57] | Killed him. | 杀了他 |
[13:59] | Or some such chain of events. | 或是诸如此类的连环事件 |
[14:03] | Any idea what we’re looking for? | 知道我们在找什么吗 |
[14:04] | Something worth killing over. | 值得痛下杀手的东西 |
[14:10] | Watson told me about, uh, | 华生告诉我了 |
[14:12] | Chantal and her ill-tempered ex. | 香特尔与她暴脾气的前夫的事 |
[14:14] | That sounds like a lot of unwanted drama. | 听起来像是很多无聊的闹剧 |
[14:17] | If this is about to turn into one of your down | 如果这即将变成你的一场 |
[14:19] | with love speeches, I… | 爱的演讲 我… |
[14:20] | No, I mean, you remember I once chastised you | 不 记不记得我曾经批评你 |
[14:23] | for allowing yourself to be lonely. | 放任自己形单影只 |
[14:28] | Honestly, at this point, I’m more worried for Chantal. | 说实话 此时此刻我更担心香特尔 |
[14:30] | She’s been prepping 24/7 for this big trial. | 她整天都在忙着准备这场重要的审判 |
[14:33] | You know about the Pulaski murder. | 你知道普拉斯基谋杀案吧 |
[14:35] | Myra Pulaski. | 玛拉·普拉斯基 |
[14:37] | She butchered her husband of one year, | 她在一年内虐杀了她的丈夫 |
[14:38] | inherited three quarters of a million dollars. | 继承了75万元遗产 |
[14:41] | Her claim is self-defense, | 她声称自己是自卫 |
[14:43] | but there’s no evidence to support that. | 但是没有证据支持这一点 |
[14:44] | And even her own parents say she’s lying. | 甚至她父母都说她在撒谎 |
[14:46] | Yeah, the DA’s showing a lot of trust | 对 地检极力信任香特尔 |
[14:48] | giving Chantal first chair, could be a career-maker. | 给了她首席工作 可能是事业上升的机会 |
[14:52] | But after Roy’s outburst at her office, | 但罗伊在她办公室爆发后 |
[14:55] | her boss is worried her head’s not in the game. | 她的上司担心她不能专心工作 |
[14:57] | He might pull her off the case. | 可能会将她撤出这个案子 |
[14:58] | I just, I don’t want what I did to cause her any grief. | 我只是不想我做的事给她造成任何痛苦 |
[15:05] | This impression, you see it? | 这个印记 看到了吗 |
[15:07] | I think it was made by a large hose. | 我觉得这是由一根大水管造成的 |
[15:10] | Starting at the road back there. | 从那后面的路开始 |
[15:14] | Given how hard the soil has been due to the cold, | 因为寒冷 传输液体十分困难 |
[15:17] | to leave an impression like that | 留下了像那样的印记 |
[15:18] | it would have to be warm and heavy, | 它是热的并且很重 |
[15:21] | for a long time. | 持续了很长时间 |
[15:25] | What’s a manhole doing in the middle of the woods? | 森林中央怎么会有检查井 |
[15:29] | I don’t know. | 我不明白 |
[15:30] | Perhaps that’s why our killer had a crowbar with him. | 也许那就是我们的杀手带着撬棍的原因 |
[15:34] | Cut through the lock here with a blowtorch, | 用喷枪把这里的锁割断 |
[15:37] | and used it to open it. | 再利用它打开井盖 |
[15:38] | You got a set of tools in your car, don’t you? | 你车里有套工具 对吧 |
[15:49] | What do you think? Storm sewer? | 你觉得是什么 暴雨排水沟吗 |
[15:51] | I think you’re close, | 很接近 |
[15:52] | but you’re at the wrong end of the urban cycle. | 但你在城市循环上出了错 |
[15:54] | We’re standing directly above part of the Catskill Aqueduct. | 我们站在卡茨基尔的一部分导水管的上方 |
[15:59] | What we see below us is New York city’s drinking water. | 我们眼下的可是纽约市的饮用水 |
[16:21] | What? | 怎么了 |
[16:22] | I recognize that smell. | 我认得这味道 |
[16:23] | That’s liquid nutrient growth medium | 那是液体营养培养基 |
[16:25] | for viruses and bacteria. | 用来培养病毒和细菌 |
[16:27] | And you said the hose coming from that service road | 你说那条从辅路来的水管 |
[16:29] | was pouring it for a long time? | 往里头倒这个倒了很长时间吗 |
[16:32] | Dale Schmitt was killed because he saw someone | 戴尔·施密特被杀是因为他看见有人 |
[16:34] | poisoning the city’s water. | 给城市饮用水投毒 |
[16:35] | We should contact the Department of Environmental Protection. | 我们应该联系环境保护部 |
[16:37] | New York City’s drinking water needs to be shut off. | 纽约市饮用水需要被关停 |
[16:40] | Now. | 立刻 |
[16:50] | This is Special Agent David Breslin from the Department | 这位是来自国安部的特别探员大卫·布雷斯林 |
[16:52] | of Homeland Security, and this is Wendell Hecht, EVP, | 这位是温德尔·黑希特 执行副总裁 |
[16:56] | of Water Integrity at the city’s | 在市里的环境保护部 |
[16:58] | Department of Environmental Protection. | 负责水质水量 |
[16:59] | Gentlemen, this is Sherlock Holmes and Joan Watson. | 先生们 这是夏洛克·福尔摩斯和乔恩·华生 |
[17:02] | The D.E.P. Owes you a great debt. | 环境保护部欠你个大人情 |
[17:04] | Your warning about Mount Pleasant came just in time. | 你关于芒特普林森的警告来得正及时 |
[17:07] | And has the threat from the water been neutralized? | 来自水的威胁被清除了吗 |
[17:10] | Well, the tainted water from the aqueduct | 管道里受污染的水 |
[17:12] | had made it’s way down south to the distribution hub in Yonkers. | 已经一路向南流到了扬克斯的配送中心 |
[17:15] | But we were able to seal off the valves, | 但我们能够关闭阀门 |
[17:17] | so none of it was able to reach the city grid. | 所以被污染的水丝毫都不会进入城市 |
[17:20] | But until we are able to make that supply safe again, | 但在我们能够保证供应安全之前 |
[17:23] | we’re gonna be using emergency reserves, full capacity. | 我们将使用最高容量的紧急储备用水 |
[17:27] | It’ll be a headache, | 这会很让人头痛 |
[17:29] | but it beats the alternative. | 但这是更好的选择 |
[17:31] | DHS is grateful as well. | 国安部也同样表示感激 |
[17:33] | But, uh, like I was just telling your captain, | 但是 就像我之前跟警监说的 |
[17:35] | this all needs to be kept under wraps | 这些事都要暂时保密 |
[17:37] | until we can coordinate an investigation with the FBI. | 直到我们跟联调局开始协调调查 |
[17:40] | The city’s drinking water was contaminated. | 之前整个城市的饮用水确实被污染了 |
[17:43] | Now it isn’t. | 但是现在已经没事了 |
[17:44] | There’s no need to start a panic. | 所以没必要引起大家恐慌了 |
[17:45] | Well, what about the contaminate itself? | 那污染源呢 |
[17:47] | Do we know what it was? | 知道是什么引起的吗 |
[17:48] | Nothing definitive yet. | 还没有确切的结果 |
[17:49] | Early word is it’s some sort of waterborne bug. | 初步结论是因为一些水生生物 |
[17:52] | it can’t live in the air, | 无法通过空气传播 |
[17:54] | which is why we gave the okay to let you out of quarantine. | 所以你们可以不用隔离 |
[17:57] | Yeah, but it’s not all good news. | 但也不全是好消息 |
[17:59] | I mean, this bug, or whatever it is, it’s hardy. | 无论这是不是某种生物 它的生命力很强 |
[18:03] | I mean, it made it past both of our disinfection safety nets. | 毕竟它穿过了我们的消毒安全网 |
[18:06] | The chlorine treatment and the ultraviolet purification. | 氯消毒和紫外线净化 |
[18:09] | Well, isn’t that a superbug? | 这不就是超级病毒了吗 |
[18:11] | I was a surgeon and I’ve never heard of a pathogen | 我以前是医生 可我从来没听过有哪种病菌 |
[18:13] | that could survive UV and chlorine. | 可以在紫外线和氯消毒下活下来 |
[18:15] | – Well– – I’m afraid we’ve said | -这个 -我想我们已经 |
[18:17] | all we can say at the moment. | 说得够多了 |
[18:19] | Can you at least tell us who you think is responsible? | 至少告诉我们你们认为谁有嫌疑吧 |
[18:24] | Department of Homeland Security does like its secrets. | 国土安全部不喜欢公开秘密 |
[18:27] | Hold on. | 等一下 |
[18:28] | Someone drove a tanker truck into Mount Pleasant | 有人开着油罐车去了芒特普林森 |
[18:31] | and dumped God only knows how many thousands | 然后把不知道多少生物武器级别的东西 |
[18:34] | of gallons of a bioweapon | 倒进了纽约市的 |
[18:37] | into New York City’s drinking water, | 饮用水管网中 |
[18:39] | and you’re gonna keep the NYPD in the dark? | 而你们却还要对纽约警局的人保密 |
[18:43] | For the time being, yes, I am. | 目前来说 是的 |
[18:57] | The usual suspects? | 普通的嫌犯吗 |
[18:59] | Already moved off them, actually. | 其实已经排除他们了 |
[19:01] | How was your, uh, visit to Farlane’s? | 你去了法兰酒吧 怎么样 |
[19:04] | Anything productive? | 有什么成果吗 |
[19:06] | Aside from the light buzz you’re feeling | 除了你因为喝了比利时白牌酒 |
[19:07] | from the Belgian White, was it? | 而觉得有点头晕 对吧 |
[19:09] | I was at a bar. | 我是去了酒吧 |
[19:11] | Seemed like a better idea than drinking the water. | 貌似去酒吧比喝水强 |
[19:14] | The attack was thwarted, Watson. | 虽然这次袭击被挫败了 华生 |
[19:15] | Don’t let your lizard brain run away with you. | 但不要放松警惕 |
[19:17] | The manager gave me the security video | 经理给了我马库斯打架那晚的 |
[19:19] | of the fight that Marcus was in. | 监控录像 |
[19:20] | I still have to review it, but I think you were right | 我还是要看一下 不过我觉得你怀疑 |
[19:22] | to doubt that Roy was there by coincidence. | 罗伊不是碰巧去那的想法是对的 |
[19:24] | I’m gonna talk to talk to Chantal | 等我看完录像后 |
[19:25] | after I watch the video. | 我会去找香特尔谈谈的 |
[19:26] | Oh, and while I was out, | 我刚才出去的时候 |
[19:28] | I managed to meet up with my friend | 还跟以前在史蒂文森纪念医院的 |
[19:29] | at Stuyvesant Memorial. | 朋友见了面 |
[19:31] | – The virologist? – Yeah. | -那个病毒学家 -是的 |
[19:32] | I gave her the glove you were wearing | 我把你昨天接触液态生长物时 |
[19:34] | when you touched the liquid growth medium yesterday. | 戴的那副手套交给了她 |
[19:37] | I still don’t think it was a good idea to keep it from DHS. | 我还是觉得瞒着国安部不好 |
[19:40] | And? | 然后呢 |
[19:41] | Well, she put a sample under a scanning electron microscope. | 她用扫描电子显微镜观察了一下 |
[19:44] | It is a virus, but not one she’s ever seen before. | 是一种病毒 但她以前没见过 |
[19:47] | Well, now we’ve got its mug shot, | 现在我们已经有”罪犯”照片了 |
[19:48] | someone’s gonna know what it is. | 肯定有人知道它是谁了 |
[19:50] | She thought it was very suspicious | 她觉得这个病毒能够抵挡 |
[19:51] | that it was both UV and chlorine-resistant | 紫外线和氯是十分可疑的 |
[19:54] | She cannot rule out that it was a natural mutation, | 虽然她不能排除自然突变的可能性 |
[19:56] | but said that it was far more likely | 但她说嫌犯非常有可能 |
[19:57] | that our suspect was lab-engineered. | 是这方面的专家 |
[20:00] | So someone crafted it specifically to survive | 也就是说有人专门制造了这种能够 |
[20:02] | the city’s gauntlet of water safeguards? | 穿过我市严格的饮用水安全保护机制的病毒 |
[20:05] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[20:05] | Unfortunately, there are thousands of labs in the world | 坏消息是 全世界有几千家能够制造出 |
[20:08] | that could’ve made it. | 这种病毒的实验室 |
[20:09] | So it doesn’t exactly narrow our suspect pool. | 所以也没帮助我们缩小嫌犯的范围 |
[20:12] | Actually, I think it does. | 其实 我不这么认为 |
[20:13] | After Agent Breslin shot us down, | 布雷斯林探员阻止我们调查后 |
[20:15] | I reached out to my sundry contacts | 我联系了情报圈的 |
[20:17] | in the intelligence community. | 各式各样的联络人 |
[20:18] | No one heard any chatter about the attack, | 可是在这事前后 没有一个人听说过 |
[20:20] | before or after. | 有人谈起这次袭击 |
[20:22] | Well, that doesn’t prove it couldn’t be one of those groups. | 这也没法证明嫌犯不在这些人里面 |
[20:24] | No, but it does suggest so. | 是的 不过有这种可能 |
[20:26] | So I began to consider the possibility | 于是我开始考虑 |
[20:27] | that we are pursuing someone with a more singular vision. | 我们要找的是一个更特别的人 |
[20:30] | A lone wolf, as it were. | 也就是一匹独狼 |
[20:32] | Synthesizing a superbug would either take a lot of expertise, | 合成一种超级病毒需要很专业的知识 |
[20:35] | or a lot of money. | 和大量的金钱 |
[20:36] | If you’re right, then there can’t be that many people | 如果你是对的 那么既想毒死八百万 |
[20:39] | who have both the desire to poison eight million New Yorkers | 纽约市民 又能够做到这一点的人 |
[20:42] | and the means to do it. | 并不多 |
[20:43] | Actually, I think I found just such a person | 其实 我觉得我已经在市里 |
[20:46] | right here in the city. | 找到了这个人 |
[20:47] | And apparently he’s a 17th century Dutch explorer. | 可他很明显是位17世纪的荷兰探险家 |
[20:51] | No. | 不 |
[20:52] | It’s his great, great, great, eight more greats grandchild. | 是他的后人 |
[20:59] | That’s Gracie Van Bylandt. | 那是格蕾西·范白兰德 |
[21:00] | And, yes, she’s one of those Van Bylandts. | 没错 她就是范白兰德家族的 |
[21:03] | One of the oldest and wealthiest families in New York, yeah. | 纽约市最古老最有钱的家族之一 是的 |
[21:05] | Fallen on hard times over the last century, | 在上个世纪的经济危机中败落了 |
[21:07] | relatively speaking. | 相对来说的 |
[21:08] | I put Gracie’s net worth in the mid eight figures. | 我估计格蕾西的净资产得有近千万 |
[21:11] | More crippling, | 更严重的是 |
[21:12] | has been her decline into a hermetic life | 她患上了陌生环境恐怖症和妄想症 |
[21:14] | of agoraphobia and paranoia. | 过上了与世隔绝的生活 |
[21:15] | She’s not sounding like someone who would | 她可不像是那种能设计制造出一种生物 |
[21:17] | infect the water supply with a designer bug. | 来污染饮用水的人 |
[21:19] | How did she and all of her stuff end up here? | 为什么把她和她的这些东西找来 |
[21:22] | Everything you’re looking at was in plain view | 你所看到的一切 |
[21:24] | when we visited her apartment. | 在我们造访她公寓时都一览无余 |
[21:26] | He thought we should check her out | 他认为我们应该调查一下她 |
[21:27] | because of some self-published manifesto | 就因为某个她发布在网上的 |
[21:29] | she’d posted online. | 自我宣言 |
[21:30] | They’re short and uninspired as manifestos go. | 那些宣言很短也不怎么有创意 |
[21:33] | But they do express Gracie’s strident view | 但它们却表现出了格雷西犀利的观点 |
[21:36] | that the blame for her family’s ignominy | 将她家族的耻辱 |
[21:38] | falls at the feet of, I quote, | 完全归结于 引用如下 |
[21:40] | “all these damn people who’ve moved into the city.” | 「那些外地进城来的人」 |
[21:43] | And they also document her search for, uh, | 而且还记录了她的搜索记录 |
[21:45] | the best way to, I quote again, | 怎样最好的 引用如下 |
[21:47] | “kill off the lot of them.” | 「杀掉他们大多数人」 |
[21:50] | She’d been researching technologies that can be used | 她在搜索可以用来大规模谋杀的 |
[21:52] | for mass murder: environmental toxins, | 科技技术 环境毒素 |
[21:54] | dirty bombs, custom-made superbugs. | 脏弹 定制的超级病毒 |
[21:57] | Thing is, we found a ton of evidence | 情况是 我们发现很多证据 |
[21:59] | that she was interested in an attack like this, | 证明她有意要施行类似的袭击 |
[22:02] | but no evidence that she actually took action. | 但没有证据证明她真的做了 |
[22:05] | Meaning you don’t think she was involved? | 就是说你们不认为她涉嫌其中 |
[22:08] | So why is she still here? | 那为什么她还在这 |
[22:10] | Well, as part of her research, she interacted online | 作为她研究的一部分 她跟网上 |
[22:12] | with a lot of like-minded individuals, | 不少与她有相同思想的人有过互动 |
[22:15] | people who, for one reason or another, | 这些人 不论原因如何 |
[22:16] | shared her interest in thinning the herd. | 都赞同她削减群体数量的想法 |
[22:18] | So, we’re reading through her e-mails and chats. | 所以 我们在读她的邮件和聊天记录 |
[22:20] | Once her family attorney gets here, | 等她的家庭律师来了 |
[22:22] | we’ll interview her, see if she could point us toward anyone. | 我们就会讯问她 看看能不能指出某人 |
[22:25] | – No need. – You found something saying she was involved? | -不需要 -你找到她涉嫌其中的证据了 |
[22:28] | No, not necessarily. | 不 不完全是 |
[22:29] | Dale Schmitt’s last moments, | 戴尔·施密特的最后一刻 |
[22:31] | he photographed a man seen only in silhouette. | 他拍下了一个人的剪影 |
[22:34] | I committed that silhouette to memory. | 我将那个剪影记忆了下来 |
[22:36] | And, um, | 然后 |
[22:38] | I’m-I’m quite sure that this scientist is the same man. | 我很肯定这科学家就是那个人 |
[22:44] | His name is, uh, Raymond Thorpe. | 他的名字是 雷蒙德·索普 |
[22:46] | And he’s the chief virologist | 他是上东区一家实验室的 |
[22:48] | at a lab on the Upper East Side. | 首席病毒学家 |
[22:50] | I think he might be our killer. | 我想他可能就是我们的凶手 |
[22:54] | Chantal? | 香特尔 |
[22:56] | Hi, I’m Joan. | 你好 我是乔恩 |
[22:57] | I work with Marcus. | 我是马库斯的同事 |
[22:58] | Uh, I think you met my partner, Sherlock. | 我想你见过我的搭档 夏洛克 |
[23:00] | Joan. Of course, right. I’ve heard a lot about you. | 乔恩 当然 我听过你很多事 |
[23:03] | Likewise. Uh, listen, | 我也是 听着 |
[23:04] | I was wondering if I could ask you a few questions | 我在想能不能问你些 |
[23:06] | about your ex-husband, Roy. | 关于你前夫罗伊的问题 |
[23:09] | Why would you–? | 你为什么会… |
[23:10] | Marcus asked me to look into, uh, | 马库斯求我帮着调查一下 |
[23:12] | a disagreement that he and Roy got into. | 他和罗伊产生的一些争执 |
[23:14] | I asked Marcus to leave it alone. | 我叫马库斯别管了 |
[23:16] | And he is. | 他照做了 |
[23:17] | Look, he’s a friend, I could tell he was upset. | 你看 他是个朋友 我可以看出他很沮丧 |
[23:20] | He told me about the fight at the bar. | 他跟我说了酒吧里的打斗 |
[23:21] | So, I offered to look into it, | 所以 我提出进行调查 |
[23:23] | make sure nothing could come back on him. | 确保没有什么能回头伤害到他 |
[23:26] | And? | 然后呢 |
[23:27] | Well, it’s my understanding | 据我的了解 |
[23:27] | that when Roy made a scene here the other day, | 罗伊那天来这里大闹的时候 |
[23:30] | he claimed the bar was his usual hangout. | 他声称那酒吧是他常去的地方 |
[23:32] | But when I went to ask them about it, | 但当我去询问的时候 |
[23:33] | they said they’d never seen him before that night. | 他们说那晚之前就没见过他 |
[23:36] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[23:37] | You’re saying you think he was lying? | 你是说你觉得他在撒谎吗 |
[23:39] | Well, right now, I’m just trying to get my facts straight. | 现在 我只是想搞清事实 |
[23:41] | So, to the best of your knowledge, | 所以 据你所知 |
[23:43] | is Farlane’s a bar he frequents? | 法兰酒吧是他常去的地方吗 |
[23:46] | I mean, honestly, I’m not the best person to ask. | 说实话 这问题问我不合适 |
[23:49] | We may have just signed our divorce papers, | 我们虽然才刚签了离婚协议 |
[23:50] | but it’s been three years since we’ve lived together. | 但我们已经有三年没生活在一起了 |
[23:53] | I mean, hell, Roy was still on the job when we split. | 我是说 我们分手时罗伊还有工作呢 |
[23:56] | Which brings me to my next question. | 这也就引出了我接下来的问题 |
[23:57] | Why isn’t Roy a cop any longer? | 为什么罗伊不再当警察了 |
[24:00] | You think Raymond’s a terrorist? | 你认为雷蒙德是个恐怖分子吗 |
[24:03] | He was an immunologist with the Air Force before he came here. | 他来这里之前是空军的免疫学家 |
[24:06] | I mean, he-he coaches my son’s soccer team. | 我是说 他是我儿子足球队的教练 |
[24:08] | Timothy McVeigh won the Bronze Star | 蒂莫西·麦克维有美军青铜星章 |
[24:10] | and John Wayne Gacy was a clown, | 而约翰·韦恩·盖西是个小丑 |
[24:11] | much like the man we suspect Dr. Thorpe murdered. | 与我们怀疑被索普医生杀掉的人差不多 |
[24:13] | No, Raymond didn’t kill anybody. | 不 雷蒙德没杀任何人 |
[24:15] | I’m telling you, you’re wrong. | 我跟你们说 你们搞错了 |
[24:16] | Do you know where he is? | 你知道他在哪吗 |
[24:18] | Well, he said he needed some time off for a family emergency. | 他说他家里有急事需要休假一段时间 |
[24:20] | He hasn’t been here all week. | 他已经一周没来了 |
[24:22] | It does not mean that he engineered some superbug. | 这不意味着他在制造什么超级病毒 |
[24:25] | Does this? | 那这个呢 |
[24:29] | So, he went to the trouble of, uh, pulling it into the trash, | 他花费精力把这拖进了回收站 |
[24:32] | but he didn’t seem too concerned about his work being found. | 但似乎并不担心他的成果会被人发现 |
[24:35] | This is what your son’s soccer coach | 这就是你儿子足球队的教练 |
[24:36] | was doing in his spare time. | 在闲暇时间做的事 |
[24:38] | And this is what was found in the contaminated water. | 而这是在污水里找到的 |
[24:42] | Are those two organisms the same? | 这两个有机体是不是同一个 |
[24:46] | They are. | 是的 |
[24:48] | I don’t believe this. | 我真不敢相信 |
[24:49] | Any idea what the virus does? | 知道这病毒会产生什么效果吗 |
[24:51] | Could you open that window? | 你能把那个窗口打开吗 |
[24:56] | Given Dr. Thorpe’s absence of several days, | 鉴于索普医生几天没有上班 |
[24:58] | and his apparent lack of concern about his work being found, | 加上毫不在意成果被发现 |
[25:01] | he’s probably fled the city. | 他可能已经离开了城市 |
[25:02] | Yeah, you’re probably right, but we should get an alert | 可能是这样 但我们还是应该警告 |
[25:04] | to the TSA and Port Authority, all the same. | 运输安全管理绝和港务局 |
[25:06] | Well, this doesn’t make any sense. | 这一点也说不通啊 |
[25:09] | I mean, you’re right. | 我是说 你说得没错 |
[25:11] | From the looks of it, Raymond did do what you said. | 看上去雷蒙德的行径正如你所言 |
[25:13] | He used our equipment to synthesize a virus, | 他用我们的设备制造了一个病毒 |
[25:16] | making it Chlorine and UV resistant. | 使它对氯气和紫外线有耐受力 |
[25:18] | Then what doesn’t make sense? | 那么哪里说不通呢 |
[25:20] | Well, what the virus does. | 病毒的功能 |
[25:22] | It’s basically a harder-to-kill serotype 40 adenovirus. | 它基本上就是更难杀死的血清型40腺病毒 |
[25:27] | It’s non-lethal. | 并不致命 |
[25:28] | It would just give people a mild gastrointestinal bug. | 只会造成胃肠道轻微感染 |
[25:33] | So, Raymond Thorpe went to the trouble | 所以雷蒙德·索普费尽心思 |
[25:35] | of custom-tailoring a virus | 特制了一种病毒 |
[25:36] | so it would survive the city’s water safeguards. | 使它能在城市水质安全系统中存活 |
[25:38] | He introduced that virus into the water supply | 他将病毒引入供水系统 |
[25:40] | and in all likelihood, killed a man in the process, | 很可能在过程中还杀了一个人 |
[25:42] | just to give New Yorkers a few urgent trips to the toilet. | 只为了让纽约市民多去几趟厕所 |
[25:47] | Why? | 为什么 |
[26:01] | So, if I’m following everything you said, | 如果你说的一切我没理解错 |
[26:04] | our-our terrorist doesn’t want to kill the people of New York, | 我们的恐怖分并不想杀掉纽约居民 |
[26:08] | he just wants to give them a bad case of the runs. | 只想让他们患严重腹泻 |
[26:10] | Actually, bad might be something of an overstatement. | 其实 说严重可能都有些夸张了 |
[26:12] | An expert at the lab where the virus was created said | 制造此病毒的实验室的一名专家说 |
[26:15] | that it would have run its course in a matter of days. | 感染应该只能持续几天 |
[26:17] | Less Montezuma’s Revenge, | 不像蒙特苏马的复仇 |
[26:19] | more Montezuma’s Office Prank. | 更像蒙特苏马的办公室恶作剧 |
[26:21] | Prank? Sounds about right. | 恶作剧 有道理 |
[26:24] | I’m starting to think this Thorpe guy is more likely | 我开始觉得这个索普 |
[26:26] | to have ties to a frat house than a terrorist group. | 更像和兄弟会有联系 而不是和恐怖组织 |
[26:29] | I’m not sure I agree. | 说不好 |
[26:31] | You’re making light of this, | 你没说出事情的严重性 |
[26:32] | because the bug would have given people diarrhea. | 病毒会让人们患腹泻 |
[26:35] | Well, think about it. | 想想吧 |
[26:36] | Millions of people, all coming down | 几百万人在同一时间 |
[26:38] | with a dehydrating illness, all at the same time. | 全部被脱水症击倒 |
[26:42] | Don’t drink the water. | 别喝水就行 |
[26:43] | But water is exactly what they would’ve needed. | 但水恰恰是他们需要的 |
[26:46] | There would’ve been a run on the stuff, | 水资源会供不应求 |
[26:47] | hospitals would have been overloaded. | 医院人满为患 |
[26:48] | Because of diarrhea? | 因为腹泻吗 |
[26:49] | In developing countries, | 在发展中国家 |
[26:51] | diarrhea kills hundreds of thousands of children a year. | 腹泻每年导致几十万孩子死亡 |
[26:54] | But this is not a developing country. | 但这里不是发展中国家 |
[26:56] | Compared to England, America’s a pimply teenager. | 和英国比起来 美国只是个发着痘的年轻人 |
[26:59] | Yes, | 没错 |
[27:00] | Thorpe’s plan, had it worked, | 索普的计划 假如成功了 |
[27:01] | would’ve created some terror, but given the ease | 会造成一些恐慌 |
[27:03] | with which he could have stolen | 但因为对他来说更简单的是偷窃 |
[27:05] | or synthesized a far deadlier bug, | 或者合成某种更致命的病毒 |
[27:07] | it’s hard to imagine that his agenda was political. | 很难想象他的目的和政治有关 |
[27:10] | What about the woman you brought in? | 那你们抓来的那个女人呢 |
[27:11] | The Van Bylandt heiress. | 梵·比兰特的女继承人 |
[27:12] | Any connection between her and Thorpe? | 她和索普有联系吗 |
[27:14] | She had a scientific journal that had his picture in it, | 她有一本科学杂志 上面有他的照片 |
[27:16] | but she had a lot of scientific journals. | 但她有很多科学杂志 |
[27:18] | After we talked to her and poked around her financials, | 我们跟她谈过 并查了她的经济状况后 |
[27:21] | we think it was just a coincidence. | 我们觉得这只是个巧合 |
[27:23] | So how’s it going on your end? | 你那边怎么样 |
[27:24] | I’m sure you’ve made a lot of progress, being the DHS and all. | 身在国土安全局 你一定有很大进展 |
[27:28] | You should know, the press found out | 你们应该知道 媒体发现了 |
[27:30] | about what happened in Mount Pleasant. | 芒特普林森的事情 |
[27:32] | They now know we had a near miss | 他们知道了纽约供水 |
[27:34] | with New York City’s water supply. | 差一点被污染 |
[27:35] | How? | 怎么会 |
[27:37] | Someone leaked the story. | 有人走漏了风声 |
[27:38] | Hopefully not someone in this room. | 希望不是在座的人之一 |
[27:40] | In any event, there’s going to be a lot of questions in the morning, | 无论如何 明天一早肯定会有很多疑问 |
[27:44] | so let me take this opportunity | 所以让我借此机会 |
[27:45] | to remind you that the answers need to come from us. | 提醒你们 必须由我们给出答案 |
[28:03] | Hello? | 你好 |
[28:06] | This clown really dead? | 这小丑真的死了吗 |
[28:08] | Yeah, he really is. | 对 真死了 |
[28:10] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[28:11] | Me? | 我 |
[28:14] | I’m the guy who just fixed your girlfriend’s pipes. | 我是刚刚替你女朋友修水管的人 |
[28:19] | I was just getting ready to go see Marcus at the precinct. | 我正准备去分局见马库斯 |
[28:22] | So it’s true. The shaved bear I met upstairs | 这么说是真的了 我在楼上见到的毛熊 |
[28:25] | installed a water filtration system? | 来安了个自来水过滤系统 |
[28:27] | Okay, first, that shaved bear got over 600 reviews on RateIt | 首先毛熊在点评网上有超过600条点评 |
[28:31] | as the best plumber in the city. | 他是本市最好的水管工 |
[28:32] | Second, until someone can find Raymond Thorpe | 其次 在有人能找到雷蒙德·索普 |
[28:34] | and get him to explain why he wanted to make everyone sick, | 并让他解释为什么要让所有人生病前 |
[28:37] | I thought we should take extra precautions on our water. | 我觉得要格外注意用水 |
[28:39] | This is the model the D.E.P.’s web site recommends | 这是环境保护部网站上推荐的型号 |
[28:42] | for filtering out germs like the one that Thorpe made. | 用于过滤索普制造的这类病毒 |
[28:44] | Well, one of the reasons I chose to live in New York, | 我选择住在纽约 |
[28:46] | as opposed to other American cities, | 而不是美国其他城市的原因之一 |
[28:47] | was the quality of its water. | 就在于这里的水质 |
[28:49] | The taste and odor, unmatched. | 水的味道和气味 无可媲美 |
[28:51] | This glorified strainer is going to change that. | 而这光荣的滤网则将改变这点 |
[28:54] | Now, I suppose I shouldn’t blame you for falling prey | 我想我不该怪你成为 |
[28:57] | to the hydro-hysteria sweeping the city. | 席卷全市的水恐慌症的牺牲品 |
[28:59] | The leak that Agent Breslin mentioned last night is, | 布雷斯林探员昨天提到的泄露 |
[29:01] | in fact, a geyser. Look. | 实际上是井喷 你看 |
[29:05] | 「曼哈顿记录报」 城市水污染会让华尔街陷入恐慌危机吗 | |
[29:06] | 「纽约哨兵报」 正当你觉得可以放心喝水时 | |
[29:06] | Yeah. Now remarkably, | 没错 显然 |
[29:07] | one of the only publications to look past the hysteria | 唯一略过瘟疫 |
[29:10] | and explore the consequences of Thorpe’s actions, was this one. | 探究索普的行为后果的媒体之一就是这家 |
[29:14] | 「每日通讯」 发现第十颗行星处于神秘碰撞地球轨道 梅子岛怪兽身份揭晓 冰岛发现86岁达克斯狗 在世最年长的狗 | |
[29:15] | The Daily Newswire? | 「每日通讯」 |
[29:16] | You got to be kidding me. | 你在逗我吧 |
[29:17] | I can see the paper is mostly bollocks, | 我知道这杂志基本上都是废话 |
[29:19] | but the metro reporter is tip-top. | 但都市新闻记者却很出色 |
[29:26] | Every New Yorker knows– | 每个纽约人都知道 |
[29:27] | every New Yorker aside from you, that is– | 除了你之外的每个纽约人都知道 |
[29:29] | that their water is the champagne of municipal hydration, | 纽约的水就是城市的香槟 |
[29:32] | because it arrives virtually untouched | 因为它来自美国最原始的流域 |
[29:34] | from the most pristine watershed in the country. | 并未曾受到任何污染 |
[29:37] | What about the chlorine and the UV? | 那氯和紫外线呢 |
[29:38] | Those are disinfection measures, not filtration measures. | 那些是用来杀毒的 不是用来过滤的 |
[29:41] | The water never passes through any kind of membrane, | 水没有经过任何过滤 |
[29:44] | so all of the natural salts and minerals are retained. | 天然的盐分和矿物质也就保留下来了 |
[29:47] | And this reporter found | 这个记者发现 |
[29:48] | that New York’s unfiltered status | 纽约未过滤水的现状 |
[29:50] | is contingent on an ongoing assessment | 是根据还正在审核的 |
[29:52] | known as a Filtration Avoidance Determination or F.A.D. | 「免过滤决定」而制定的 |
[29:56] | And that is awarded by the EPA. | 还被环保局表彰了 |
[29:58] | Well, she thinks the F.A.D. might be yanked | 所以她认为如果水被病毒感染了 |
[30:00] | in the wake of the virus attack | 「免过滤决定」就会被否决 |
[30:02] | and that the city will finally be forced | 纽约最终会不得不建立起 |
[30:03] | to build a filtration plant. | 过滤设施 |
[30:05] | And my research suggests that she’s right. | 我的研究表明她是对的 |
[30:07] | In the event that any of the conditions | 万一出现意外 |
[30:10] | of the F.A.D. are broken, | 「免过滤决定」被否决 |
[30:11] | a waterborne disease outbreak being linked directly | 爆发水传播的疾病 |
[30:13] | to an unfiltered water system, for example, | 会直接跟未过滤的水联系起来 |
[30:16] | the EPA has the right to pull the F.A.D. | 环保局有权否决「免过滤决定」 |
[30:18] | and demand that the city break ground on a new plant | 强制要求纽约在24小时内开始建立 |
[30:20] | within 24 hours. | 新的过滤设施 |
[30:22] | A plant like that could cost hundreds of millions. | 这种设施可能会耗资上千万美金 |
[30:24] | Try billions. | 甚至高达数十亿 |
[30:25] | Well, that’s plenty of incentive for someone to hire Thorpe, | 这种动机足以让人雇佣索普 |
[30:28] | to get him to come up with a virus that could get past UV | 让他制造出一种病毒 |
[30:30] | and chlorine and not kill everyone in the city. | 能躲过紫外线和氯 但又不会杀死城市里的所有人 |
[30:33] | We have to find who’s most likely to build the plant. | 我们得找出谁最有可能建造过滤设施 |
[30:35] | Well, I would stay and help… | 我也想留下来帮忙 |
[30:36] | But you have a meeting with Marcus. | 但你还得去见马库斯 |
[30:41] | Bring back some water from the precinct, would you? | 麻烦从局里带点自来水回来 |
[30:43] | I’m not gonna make any tea using that. | 我可不会用这种水来泡茶 |
[30:46] | Okay, thanks. | 好的 谢谢 |
[30:50] | I was just about to call you and your partner. | 我正准备给你和你搭档打电话 |
[30:52] | That was the TSA. | 刚才是运输安全局 |
[30:53] | A Raymond Thorpe, correct address and date of birth, | 一个叫雷蒙德·索普的 住址和出生日期都符合 |
[30:56] | booked a flight from JFK to Montenegro three days ago. | 三天前订了一张从肯尼迪机场到黑山的机票 |
[30:59] | They’re gonna pull video from the terminal, | 他们会从终端调取监控录像 |
[31:01] | confirm he’s our guy and that he really boarded. | 确认是我们要找的人 并且确实登机了 |
[31:04] | And if he did, | 如果是这样 |
[31:04] | Montenegro doesn’t have an extradition treaty with the U.S., | 黑山跟美国可没有引渡条约 |
[31:07] | so there isn’t much we could do. | 我们也无计可施 |
[31:09] | Well, the good news is Sherlock may be able to identify | 好消息是 夏洛克或许可以确认 |
[31:11] | the person who hired Thorpe. | 雇佣索普的是什么人 |
[31:13] | But that’s not actually why I’m here. | 不过我不是为此来的 |
[31:15] | I found out some things about Roy Booker | 我发现了一些罗伊·布克的事 |
[31:17] | I thought you should know. | 我觉得应该告诉你 |
[31:19] | So, he didn’t just randomly bump into you the other night. | 那天晚上他不是无意中遇到你的 |
[31:22] | And he wasn’t just blowing off steam. | 也不只是发发脾气那么简单 |
[31:24] | He’s working as an investigator for a lawyer named | 他是一名叫阿迪·古本基安律师的 |
[31:27] | Ardy Gulbenkian. | 调查员 |
[31:29] | You’ve heard of him? | 你听说过吗 |
[31:30] | I’ve heard plenty about him from Chantal. | 我从香特尔那里听过很多关于他的事 |
[31:32] | That’s Roy, coming out of his law office. | 这是罗伊从律师事务所出来的照片 |
[31:34] | He’s the defense lawyer she’s up against in the Pulaski case. | 他是普拉斯基一案中与她对台的辩护律师 |
[31:37] | Well, Chantal’s assistant admitted | 香特尔的助手承认 |
[31:39] | that Roy sweet-talked her into telling him | 罗伊用花言巧语骗她说出 |
[31:41] | when and where you were both meeting. | 你们俩什么时间在什么地方见面 |
[31:43] | Then, Gulbenkian flooded her office with paperwork | 然后古本基安将一大堆文书工作塞给她 |
[31:45] | so Chantal would be a no-show. | 让香特尔无法出现 |
[31:47] | It was a set-up. | 是设计好的 |
[31:48] | Chantal’s probably the only female ADA | 香特尔或许是唯一一个 |
[31:50] | up to speed on the case and qualified to run it. | 了解最新情况并有资格负责的女性助理地检 |
[31:53] | And with Myra Pulaski claiming self-defense, | 由于玛拉·普拉斯基要求自我辩护 |
[31:56] | better for her team if the prosecutor’s male. | 对她来说 控方最好是男性 |
[31:58] | That way the jury sees her being attacked by a big, scary man. | 这样在陪审团看起来就像她在被凶恶的男人攻击 |
[32:02] | So Roy makes a scene in Chantal’s office, | 所以罗伊在香特尔办公室大闹了一番 |
[32:04] | the DA thinks she’s distracted, | 地检认为她分心了 |
[32:06] | pulls her off the case. | 把她调离了这个案子 |
[32:07] | And I played right into the plan. | 我还助了他们一臂之力 |
[32:09] | You did, but | 是 不过 |
[32:11] | I have an idea how you could set things right. | 我有办法让你挽回这事 |
[32:19] | What the hell? | 搞什么 |
[32:32] | Can I help you? | 有什么事吗 |
[32:34] | Yeah, you could tell me how much it costs | 有 你可以告诉我把一个受人尊敬的病毒学家 |
[32:36] | to turn a respected virologist into a mass-poisoner. | 变成大规模投毒犯要花多少钱 |
[32:38] | – Excuse me? – You own Vecoli Construction, | -你说什么 -你是维科利建筑公司的老板 |
[32:41] | one of the largest contracting companies in New York. | 是纽约最大的承包商之一 |
[32:44] | Time and again you’ve won the bid | 你次次中标 赢得了在纽约 |
[32:46] | to build an $8 billion water-filtration plant in New York City. | 建造价值80亿美元的过滤水设施的合同 |
[32:49] | But only in the event one is needed. | 但前提是纽约需要过滤水设施 |
[32:51] | Thanks to its F.A.D., | 由于「免过滤决定」 |
[32:53] | the city’s never needed one. | 这座城市一直不需要 |
[32:55] | That is until you paid Raymond Thorpe to engineer a virus | 直到你雇了雷蒙德·索普 将一种病毒 |
[32:59] | which could defeat both U-V and chlorine measures. | 进行改造 能躲过紫外线和氯的净化 |
[33:02] | You’re obviously a crazy person. | 你真是个疯子 |
[33:04] | Do yourself a favor– leave, before I call the cops. | 麻烦你走吧 否则我报警了 |
[33:07] | You’re denying knowing Raymond Thorpe? | 你不承认自己认识雷蒙德·索普吗 |
[33:08] | I never heard that name before in my life. | 我从没听说过这个名字 |
[33:10] | Please. | 快走吧 |
[33:11] | I’ll admit a search of your home | 我承认搜了你家 |
[33:12] | yielded no evidence of a link between you and Thorpe, | 没发现你跟索普之间有联系的证据 |
[33:15] | or you might just be good at hiding it. | 也可能你只是很擅长隐藏 |
[33:17] | You were in my house? | 你进我家了 |
[33:18] | Yeah, that’s where I got this. | 是 在你家找到了这个 |
[33:24] | So you’ve stockpiled thousands of gallons of water. | 你囤积了大量的水 |
[33:27] | I mean, it-it-it’s almost as if you knew | 就像你已经知道了 |
[33:30] | there’d be a problem with the city’s water supply this week. | 这周城市供水系统会出问题一样 |
[33:32] | I had that delivered this morning | 我是今早让人送过来的 |
[33:33] | when I heard what happened in Mount Pleasant, okay? | 因为听说了芒特普林森的事 行吗 |
[33:36] | You know what, that’s it. I’m calling 911. | 够了 我要报警了 |
[33:38] | Go ahead. I’ve got a very good relationship with the police, | 随意 我和警方关系可好了 |
[33:40] | so I’d be happy for them to join us. | 我很乐意让他们加进来 |
[33:42] | Okay, fine, you’re right. | 行 好吧 你说得对 |
[33:45] | My company’s in line to build a water-filtration plant for the city– | 我们公司等着给纽约建造水质过滤厂 |
[33:48] | emphasis on filtration. | 重点在于过滤 |
[33:50] | Why “emphasis?” | 为什么说「重点」 |
[33:51] | Because we got a hell of a lot more money | 因为以前凭借紫外线消毒 |
[33:53] | tied up in UV disinfection these days. | 我们可以赚更多的钱 |
[33:56] | You know why? Because filtration plants are complicated. | 知道原因吗 因为过滤厂很复杂 |
[33:59] | They pump water through stages with names like | 他们抽水的步骤诸如 |
[34:01] | “coagulation”, “flocculation”, | 「絮凝」 「凝聚」 |
[34:04] | “dissolved air floatation”. | 「溶解气体浮除法」 |
[34:06] | When you’re dealing with the New York City watershed, | 处理纽约城排水区 用这么多复杂步骤 |
[34:09] | that’s overkill. | 有点过了 |
[34:10] | UV disinfection plants are cheaper, | 紫外线消毒工厂更便宜 |
[34:12] | they’re easy to build. | 很容易建 |
[34:13] | So you tell me– | 那你说说看 |
[34:15] | why would I pay somebody | 如果紫外线消毒是我的财源 |
[34:18] | to design a bug to beat UV | 我为什么要花钱来设计缺陷 |
[34:20] | if that’s where I make my profits? | 来攻击紫外线产品呢 |
[34:22] | You can prove that you’re more heavily invested in ultraviolet? | 你能证明自己在紫外线上的投资更多吗 |
[34:26] | Look on the Web site. | 去我们的网站看 |
[34:27] | It’s all there. | 上面都有 |
[34:34] | Why’d you buy so much water, then? | 那你为什么买那么多水呢 |
[34:36] | Because I could. | 因为我有钱 |
[34:38] | That, and it’s gonna take years | 要建成工厂并投入运转 |
[34:40] | for that plant to get up and running. | 得花上好几年时间 |
[34:42] | I told you, they’re complicated. | 我说过了 这很复杂 |
[34:44] | This one’s gonna take three or four years at least. | 至少需要三至四年时间 |
[34:46] | Meantime, | 在此期间 |
[34:46] | I don’t want my kids drinking anything out of a tap. | 我不希望自己的孩子从水龙头接水来喝 |
[34:49] | No, you wouldn’t. | 确实 你不会 |
[34:53] | Who would? | 谁会呢 |
[35:02] | How’d it go with the, uh…? | 怎么样了 你去找… |
[35:05] | It’s nice to see you, too. | 我也很高兴见到你 |
[35:12] | Sherlock! | 夏洛克 |
[35:20] | What are you doing? | 你干什么呢 |
[35:21] | It’s not personal, Watson, it’s business. | 这不是发泄私人恩怨 华生 正事 |
[35:23] | I need a patent number. | 我要找专利号 |
[35:26] | You’re getting water everywhere. | 你弄得到处都是水 |
[35:29] | I was so busy trying to think of a cure | 我当时正忙着想法子 |
[35:30] | to the city’s water problem | 解决城里的水问题 |
[35:32] | I didn’t stop to consider the Band-Aid. | 顾不上采取什么权宜措施 |
[35:34] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[35:35] | A water-filtration plant is a cure | 水质过滤厂就能彻底解决 |
[35:38] | to a problem presented by a virus | 对氯气紫外线都免疫的病毒 |
[35:40] | which is immune to chlorine and UV treatment. | 所造成的问题 |
[35:44] | This filter is the Band-Aid. | 这种过滤装置正是权宜措施 |
[35:46] | Even if the EPA compels the city | 即使明天环保局就逼迫市政府 |
[35:48] | to break ground on a new plant tomorrow, | 动工新建水质厂 |
[35:50] | it won’t be operational for years. | 也得等上好几年才能投入使用 |
[35:51] | So in the interim, | 那这段时间 |
[35:52] | what are thirsty New Yorkers to do? | 无水可喝的纽约市民会怎么做 |
[35:54] | They can’t all drink, wash, cook, and clean | 总不能饮水 洗漱 烧菜 清洁 |
[35:56] | with bottled water, can we? | 全都靠瓶装水吧 |
[35:58] | No, we need filters on every tap in the city. | 不行 城里的水龙头都得装上过滤器 |
[36:00] | It’s like what happened in Flint | 就像当年弗林特市 |
[36:01] | when they found all that lead in the water. | 他们在水里发现铅一样 |
[36:03] | The government had to buy | 政府不得不给当地的 |
[36:04] | home water filters for everyone who lived there. | 家家户户都装上家用过滤器 |
[36:06] | Filtering lead is relatively easy. | 过滤铅还算容易的 |
[36:08] | Removing viruses, | 移除病毒 |
[36:09] | that requires a special product. | 就需要专门的产品 |
[36:11] | I confirmed what you said earlier. | 你之前说的话我已证实 |
[36:12] | There is, indeed, only one home filter | 有且仅有一款家用过滤器 |
[36:15] | the D.E.P. Recommends for preventing | 是环保局建议使用 |
[36:17] | the kind of waterborne disease outbreak | 来防止雷蒙德·索普试图付诸实践的 |
[36:19] | that Raymond Thorpe tried to carry out. | 那种水传播疾病的爆发 |
[36:22] | That one. | 就是这种 |
[36:23] | So Flint has, what, 100,000 people? | 弗林特市有…十万人 |
[36:27] | New York has eight million. | 纽约则有八百万 |
[36:29] | So whoever holds the patent for this | 不管持有这项专利的人是谁 |
[36:32] | would make a fortune. | 他会大捞一笔 |
[36:34] | Not “whoever”. | 并非「不管是谁」 |
[36:35] | A recent acquaintance of ours. | 这人我们最近才认识 |
[36:47] | – Captain. – Agent Breslin, | -警监 -布雷斯林探员 |
[36:48] | thanks for coming back in. | 感谢前来 |
[36:49] | I promised you I’d let you know if we had anything more, | 我保证过一有进展就会联系你 |
[36:52] | and I’m a man of my word. | 我可是一诺千金之人 |
[36:53] | Well, FYI, my boss is reaching out to the State Department. | 顺便提一下 我上头打算找国务院 |
[36:56] | We’re asking them to contact the government in Montenegro, | 我们会叫他们联系黑山共和国政府 |
[36:58] | seeing if we can persuade them | 看能否说服他们 |
[37:00] | to send back Raymond Thorpe. | 遣返雷蒙德·索普 |
[37:02] | Now, I wouldn’t hold my breath, | 虽然得耗上些时间 |
[37:03] | but it’s worth a shot. | 但总值得一试 |
[37:05] | Trust me, no one’s giving up here, either. | 相信我 我们这儿的人也不会中途放弃 |
[37:07] | In fact, I think you’re gonna be surprised by what you hear. | 事实上 我想即将听到的消息会让你震惊的 |
[37:13] | Mr. Holmes, Miss Watson, Wendell. | 福尔摩斯先生 华生小姐 温德尔 |
[37:18] | We’re just bringing Mr. Hecht up to speed on the investigation. | 我们刚把黑希特先生带来协助调查 |
[37:20] | Raymond Thorpe’s virus was custom-made | 雷蒙德·索普的病毒是定制的 |
[37:23] | to force the city to enact water-filtration measures. | 来逼市政府采取水质过滤措施 |
[37:25] | So we’ve been looking into who profits | 我们查了一下此类措施 |
[37:27] | from those measures being taken. | 会使谁获利最多 |
[37:29] | And I got a call that one of you visited, | 有人打给我说你们当中某人去找了 |
[37:32] | Gio Vecoli? | 吉奥·维科利 |
[37:33] | The head of the company that’s building the new plant. | 负责建水厂的那家公司的头 |
[37:36] | He was a bit ruffled, | 惹得他有点心烦 |
[37:38] | but it sounded like you decided he wasn’t a murderer. | 但似乎你们认为他不是凶手 |
[37:41] | We did. | 没错 |
[37:41] | Largely because we discovered a different profit motive. | 主要是因为我们发现还有其他利益关系 |
[37:44] | The home-filtration system your department | 你们部门将供给城里每家每户的 |
[37:46] | is now buying for everyone in the city. | 那项家用过滤系统 |
[37:49] | Strange you didn’t disclose you own the patent. | 奇怪你没有披露自己持有该项专利 |
[37:52] | Your Ph.D. is in materials engineering. | 你的博士学位正是材料工程方向 |
[37:54] | Before entering the public sector, | 在进入公共部门前 |
[37:56] | you tried your hand at entrepreneurship. | 你曾试水创业 |
[37:58] | The water-filtration system that you developed, however, | 你开发的这个水过滤系统却 |
[38:00] | failed to find a niche. | 未能准确地切入市场 |
[38:01] | It was, it was too pricey for the average consumer, | 对于普通消费者来说它过于昂贵 |
[38:04] | and it was not quite the high-end system | 但同时它又不是那种会吸引 |
[38:06] | which attracts larger institutions. | 大型研究机构购买的高端系统 |
[38:09] | When the government’s footing the bill, however, | 但如果是政府买单的话 |
[38:11] | the economics are a little different. | 那经济因素上的考虑就不同了 |
[38:12] | So, as the man in charge of the response to the Thorpe attack, | 于是 作为应对索普此次生化袭击的负责人 |
[38:16] | you could make sure the city chose to buy your filters, | 你可以确保市政府选择购买你开发的过滤器 |
[38:20] | making you very rich. | 让你大赚一笔 |
[38:21] | Is this about me failing to reveal a conflict of interests, | 现在这架势是因为我没有事先提到利益冲突 |
[38:24] | or are you accusing me of orchestrating the attack? | 还是你们指控我策划了此次袭击 |
[38:28] | You tell us. | 这得你告诉我们了 |
[38:34] | If it’s the first one… | 如果是前者 |
[38:37] | guilty as charged. | 我难辞其咎 |
[38:39] | And I’ll pay whatever penalty I’m due. | 怎样的处罚我都认了 |
[38:42] | But the other one, that’s, that’s a fairy tale. | 但另外一条 就完全是无稽之谈了 |
[38:45] | Are you saying that I hired Raymond Thorpe? | 你是想说是我雇佣了雷蒙德·索普吗 |
[38:47] | Is that it? I don’t even know him. | 是这样吗 我压根就不认识他 |
[38:50] | Actually, you do. | 实际上 你认识 |
[38:52] | The lab Thorpe worked at | 索普工作的实验室 |
[38:53] | had to comply with D.E.P. Environmental codes. | 必须遵守由环境保护部指定的环保规范 |
[38:56] | And you were the person in charge of overseeing that. | 而你是监督执行这一规范的负责人 |
[38:59] | So Thorpe’s calendars show that | 索普的日程表上显示 |
[39:00] | he attended half a dozen meetings over the years | 他这几年间参加了六场 |
[39:03] | that you also attended. | 你也同时出席的会议 |
[39:04] | Okay, so I don’t remember knowing him. | 好吧 但我不记得认识他 |
[39:07] | Where’s this all going? The guy fled the country, | 这算什么情况 那家伙已经逃亡国外 |
[39:09] | and there is no connection between him and me | 我和他之间也没有任何除了 |
[39:12] | besides a few meetings that a lot of other people attended. | 很多人一起参加的会议以外的联系 |
[39:15] | What, are you looking for a scapegoat because he got away? | 怎么 就因为他逃走了你们就要找替罪羊吗 |
[39:19] | TSA sent us this. | 运输安全管理局给我们发来了这段录像 |
[39:24] | That’s Thorpe, about to board his flight to Montenegro. | 那就是索普 正准备登上前往黑山的航班 |
[39:28] | Over the course of an hour, | 在一小时内 |
[39:30] | he got up to go to the restroom four times. | 他去了四次洗手间 |
[39:36] | I guess he got some of that sludge | 我猜他是在往水渠里下药的时候 |
[39:38] | he was pouring into the aqueduct on him. | 沾染了带有病毒的污泥 |
[39:41] | We contacted the Montenegrin government ourselves. | 我们联系了黑山政府 |
[39:43] | There’s no extradition treaty with the United States. | 虽然他们和美国并没有签引渡条约 |
[39:47] | But they were only too happy to put Dr. Thorpe back on a plane | 但当他们得知索普博士携带有致命的 |
[39:49] | when they discovered he was carrying a virulent superbug. | 超级病毒时 他们非常乐意把他送回美国 |
[39:53] | We might have left out the part about | 我们可能故意没有提到 |
[39:54] | it not being lethal or contagious. | 这个病毒并不会致死或者传染 |
[39:57] | Given the nature of the virus you chose, | 鉴于你选择的这一病毒的特性 |
[39:59] | we assume you never meant for anyone to die. | 我们猜你并不打算让任何人送命 |
[40:02] | But Thorpe murdered Schmitt while committing your crime. | 但索普在犯下你所策划的罪行时杀害了施密特 |
[40:05] | His flight should be landing in a couple of hours. | 他所搭乘的航班应该几个小时后就降落了 |
[40:07] | We’ll have people there to pick him up, | 我们会派人去机场将他捉拿归案 |
[40:09] | which leaves you plenty of time to cut the first deal. | 这样你还有相当充足的时间来首先达成协议 |
[40:17] | Roy Booker! | 罗伊·布克 |
[40:21] | Detective Marcus Bell. | 马库斯·贝尔警探 |
[40:23] | You want to take another shot at me? | 你还想再跟我打一架吗 |
[40:24] | No bouncers around this time. | 这回周围可没有保安了 |
[40:26] | I’m not here to fight you, man. | 我不是过来找你打架的 哥们 |
[40:28] | I’m here to tell you how it’s gonna be. | 我是过来告诉你事情将会怎样的 |
[40:30] | Is that right? | 是吗 |
[40:32] | You were on the job for just ten years, | 你只上了十年班 |
[40:33] | and then you took early retirement on a disability claim, right? | 然后就以伤残为由申请了提前退休 对吗 |
[40:36] | Said you tore your right rotator cuff? | 申请上说你是右旋转肌群撕裂 |
[40:38] | Took a three-quarter pension? | 接受了四分之三的退休金 |
[40:39] | So? | 然后呢 |
[40:40] | So the claim is bogus. | 你的申请是伪造的 |
[40:42] | Your shoulder’s fine. | 你的肩膀没问题 |
[40:44] | I’m sure you remember that bouncer right there. | 我敢说你肯定记得酒馆的那位保安 |
[40:48] | The one who’s twice your size? | 有你两倍壮的那个 |
[40:50] | You pulled away from him like it was nothing with your right arm. | 你把他一把推开就好像右臂完全没事一样 |
[40:53] | If you had torn that rotator cuff, even two years ago, | 如果你有旋转肌群撕裂 即使是两年前的旧伤 |
[40:55] | that would have hurt like crazy. | 那种动作也会让你疼得要死 |
[40:57] | Who says it didn’t? | 谁说不疼的 |
[41:01] | What is it you think that you’re threatening me with right now? | 你觉得你现在可以威胁我了吗 |
[41:03] | Because that right there… | 因为那里发生的事 |
[41:05] | doesn’t prove anything. | 并不能证明任何事 |
[41:06] | Nah, but it doesn’t have to. | 没错 但也不需要证明什么 |
[41:08] | Just has to be enough to convince the department | 只要足以说服监察部门 |
[41:09] | to launch an investigation. | 开启调查就足够了 |
[41:11] | I’m pretty sure it would do that. | 我很确定能做到 |
[41:13] | If it were to get sent to the department. | 如果这条线报被递交给监察部门 |
[41:15] | And if that investigation comes up bad for you, | 而如果调查结果对你不利 |
[41:17] | you know what happens, right? | 你知道后果会是怎样的 对吗 |
[41:20] | First, you have to give back | 首先 你得归还 |
[41:21] | any pension money you’ve collected so far. | 你目前为止领到的所有退休金 |
[41:23] | Then, if you ever want to collect a pension again, | 然后 如果你以后还想再领退休金的话 |
[41:25] | you have to go back to work and finish your 20. | 你就得回去工作并干满20年 |
[41:29] | What do you want? | 你想怎样 |
[41:31] | I know what you were really doing | 我知道你那天晚上 |
[41:33] | when you got in my face the other night. | 故意找我茬的真实原因 |
[41:35] | So, one– | 所以 其一 |
[41:35] | you’re gonna quit working for that defense attorney today. | 你从今天起立刻结束与那位辩护律师的合作 |
[41:38] | No more giving anyone leverage on Chantal. | 不许再给任何人提供威胁香特尔的筹码 |
[41:41] | Once that’s done, | 这件事一旦完成 |
[41:41] | her boss should be okay keeping her on the case. | 她的老板应该会让她继续跟那个案子 |
[41:44] | And, two, | 其二 |
[41:46] | you’re gonna steer clear of her forever. | 你从此以后给我离她远点 |
[41:52] | We clear? | 明白了吗 |