时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | We’re here to see Fiona Helbron, aka Mittens. | 我们是来找菲欧娜·希伯伦的 也就是咪咪 |
[00:05] | The day Phil was arrested, | 菲尔被捕那天 |
[00:06] | you walked me home, we talked, | 你送了我回家 我们聊天了 |
[00:09] | and I liked it. | 我很喜欢 |
[00:11] | Can we do it again? | 能再来一次吗 |
[00:12] | Relationships are hard for me. | 谈恋爱对我来说很难 |
[00:15] | But you are the rare woman I’ve come across | 你是我此生难得一遇的女人 |
[00:17] | for whom I believe that extra effort is worthwhile. | 我觉得为了你 努力过头也值得 |
[00:27] | Table 12! Four top | 12号桌 四份菜 |
[00:29] | one custard, one consomme, two filets, | 一份蛋奶冻 一份清汤 两份煎肉 |
[00:31] | one mid, one mid well! | 一份半熟 一份七分熟 |
[00:32] | – Step on it! – Heard! | -开始准备 -收到 |
[00:34] | I got branzino dying on the counter here, Erin! | 我的舌齿鲈都快死在案板上了 爱琳 |
[00:37] | – Where the hell are my mushrooms? – Yes, Chef. | -我的蘑菇呢 -在 主厨 |
[00:44] | Do me a favor. | 帮我个忙 |
[00:45] | Go back to your station, pull your head out of your ass, | 回到你那边 给我他妈专心一些 |
[00:47] | and make me a side of mushrooms that isn’t undercooked. | 给我做一份火候够了的蘑菇当配菜 |
[00:50] | I swear, one of these days, I’m gonna murder that guy. | 我发誓 总有一天我要杀了那家伙 |
[00:52] | Well, get in line. | 排队吧 |
[00:57] | Chef Joe, you all right? | 乔主厨 你还好吗 |
[00:59] | I will be when I get my frickin’ mushrooms. | 等我拿到我的蘑菇 就会好了 |
[01:11] | Chef Joe? | 乔主厨 |
[01:14] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[01:15] | You’re asking about the motive behind an armed robbery? | 你在问武装抢劫的动机 |
[01:18] | In the State’s version of events, Detective, | 在官方记录的事件中 警探 |
[01:21] | my client shot the clerk after he was given the cash | 我的委托人在从出纳机里拿到现金后 |
[01:24] | from the register. | 开枪打了店员 |
[01:25] | I’m merely asking, why would anyone do that? | 我只是问问 为什么有人会这么做 |
[01:28] | You’d have to ask your client. | 那你得问你的委托人了 |
[01:29] | My job is to find the guilty party. | 我的工作是找到罪犯 |
[01:32] | I did my job. | 我做了我的工作 |
[01:33] | Yes. Now let’s talk about how you did your job, shall we? | 好 那咱们谈谈你怎么工作的吧 |
[01:38] | I’d like to turn your attention | 我想请你注意一下 |
[01:39] | to a witness you referenced | 你之前证词提过的 |
[01:41] | in your testimony: Samuel Cruz. | 一位目击证人 塞缪尔·克鲁兹 |
[01:44] | You said Mr. Cruz was outside the store, | 你说克鲁兹先生在商店外边 |
[01:46] | and he saw my client flee the scene? | 他看到了我的客户逃离现场 |
[01:48] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[01:49] | Mr. Cruz’s statement was taken on the day of the robbery | 克鲁兹先生的证词是在抢劫当天记录的 |
[01:52] | — March 28, 2016? | 2016年3月28日 |
[01:55] | Yes. | 是的 |
[01:56] | I just want to be crystal clear here for the jury. | 我只是想让陪审团清楚一下 |
[01:59] | It’s your sworn testimony, Mr. Cruz | 这是你宣誓后的证词 克鲁兹先生 |
[02:02] | told investigators he saw my client, Mr. Walker, | 告诉调查员他看到了我的客户 沃克先生 |
[02:05] | flee the scene of the crime? | 从犯罪现场逃走 |
[02:09] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[02:11] | No further questions, Your Honor. | 没有别的问题了 法官大人 |
[02:19] | Marcus. | 马库斯 |
[02:22] | You looked a little seasick towards the end there. | 快结束时 你看着有些不舒服 |
[02:23] | Is everything okay? | 都还好吗 |
[02:25] | Not really. | 不太好 |
[02:27] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[02:28] | I think… | 我觉得… |
[02:30] | I think I might have perjured myself. | 我觉得我可能给自己做了伪证 |
[02:38] | Okay. I can see you now. | 好了 我现在看见你了 |
[02:40] | Apologies. I’ve, uh, taken to covering all the lenses in here. | 抱歉 我习惯把这里的镜头都挡上 |
[02:43] | Why? | 为什么 |
[02:44] | Well, let’s just say | 这么说吧 |
[02:45] | the NSA doesn’t like me as much as you do. | 国家安全局不像你一样喜欢我 |
[02:47] | You think a government agency is spying on you? | 你觉得政府机关在监视你 |
[02:50] | Probably not this week. | 可能这周没有 |
[02:52] | So, uh, it’s been a month. | 已经一个月了 |
[02:53] | Are you ready to pass judgment on Philadelphia? | 你对费城有什么看法吗 |
[02:55] | The people here… | 这里的人… |
[02:59] | enjoy eating cheesesteak | 喜欢吃芝士条 |
[03:00] | and talking about cheesesteak very much. | 非常喜欢谈论芝士条 |
[03:02] | I don’t enjoy either activity as much as they do. | 我没他们那么喜欢这两项活动 |
[03:05] | But I like the river. It’s quiet. | 但我喜欢河 它很安静 |
[03:07] | So you’ve been spending time on the Delaware? | 所以你一直在特拉华河那边 |
[03:10] | For work. I thought I told you. | 为了工作 我以为我跟你说过了 |
[03:12] | Uh, in your e-mail, you mentioned a business trip in Philadelphia, | 你邮件里提过去费城出差 |
[03:14] | but, uh, nothing about the river. | 但没提过那条河 |
[03:19] | We’re installing an experimental | 我们在一艘驳船上安装了 |
[03:21] | auto-navigation program on a barge. | 一个试验型自动导航系统 |
[03:23] | It maps the riverbed and sets its course accordingly. | 它绘制河床 并据此来规划路线 |
[03:26] | Sounds interesting. | 听着很有趣 |
[03:27] | It isn’t. | 并没有 |
[03:29] | Or at least it isn’t for me. | 至少对我来说没意思 |
[03:31] | It’s work. Can we talk about something else? | 这是公事 咱们能聊聊别的吗 |
[03:33] | Yes. | 好啊 |
[03:34] | Good, because I had an idea. | 好 因为我有了个主意 |
[03:37] | I’d like to spend some time with you in person. | 我想跟你见面相处 |
[03:40] | It’s been weeks. | 已经好几周了 |
[03:41] | You want me to come to Philadelphia? | 你想让我去费城吗 |
[03:43] | I don’t. | 不 |
[03:44] | I want you to come to Cranbury Township, New Jersey. | 我想让你去新泽西州的克兰伯里镇 |
[03:48] | It’s exactly halfway between Philadelphia and New York. | 它在费城和纽约的正中央 |
[03:51] | There’s a bed-and-breakfast called The Nestle Inn. | 那里有一家叫安卧的旅店 |
[03:55] | Right. Oh. | 好的 |
[03:58] | Is something wrong? | 有什么问题吗 |
[04:00] | I’m being summoned to the scene of a crime. | 有人在叫我去犯罪现场了 |
[04:02] | That’s okay. We can talk later. | 没事 咱们晚点再聊 |
[04:03] | We can talk in Cranbury Township. | 我们可以在克兰伯里镇聊 |
[04:06] | So you’ll come? | 所以你会来 |
[04:07] | Yes. | 对 |
[04:09] | That’s good. | 太好了 |
[04:10] | I wasn’t sure you’d say yes. | 我没想到你会答应 |
[04:13] | Well, you should have been. | 你应该想到的 |
[04:15] | Victim’s name is Joe Leshner. | 受害者叫乔·莱施纳 |
[04:18] | He was the head chef here. | 他是这里的主厨 |
[04:19] | He passed out at the end of lunch, | 午餐结束时他昏了过去 |
[04:21] | collapsed on the floor over here; | 倒在了这边的地板上 |
[04:22] | witnesses say he was bleeding from the eyes | 目击者说在他倒下之前 |
[04:25] | before he went down. | 他的眼睛流出了血 |
[04:26] | Coagulopathy that extreme could be the result | 如此极端的凝血障碍可能是因为 |
[04:28] | of a toxin in the body. | 身体中的毒素 |
[04:30] | Maybe he was poisoned. | 也许他被下毒了 |
[04:31] | Oh, yeah, we’re gonna have to wait for the autopsy for sure, | 是啊 我们得等验尸来确定了 |
[04:33] | but, yeah. | 但没错 |
[04:34] | And he might not been the only one. | 而且他可能不是唯一一个 |
[04:36] | Line cook Mateo Lima started showing some low-grade symptoms, | 厨师马泰奥·利玛也开始出现低级症状 |
[04:40] | and he’s getting tended to out front. | 他正在外面接受治疗 |
[04:42] | Well, Arrondissement 21 | 「21区」餐厅 |
[04:44] | is one of the hottest restaurants in the city; | 是城里最受欢迎的餐厅之一 |
[04:46] | maybe one of its competitors tried to wipe out the staff? | 也许是某个竞争者想除掉厨师们 |
[04:49] | Well, at the moment, I’m inclined to think that, uh, | 目前我的想法是 |
[04:52] | the target was Leshner, and Lima was just collateral. | 目标是莱施纳 利玛只是附带伤害 |
[04:55] | The cooks here say | 这里的厨师们说 |
[04:56] | Chef Joe wasn’t winning any popularity contests. | 乔主厨不是很受欢迎 |
[04:59] | Maybe that’s why someone dosed his cotton candy foie gras. | 所以有人会给他的鹅肝酱下药 |
[05:03] | Lumps of duck liver wrapped in spun sugar. | 棉花糖包裹着的鹅肝丁 |
[05:05] | Obscenely pretentious and, in this case, quite deadly. | 非常美味 但在这案子里就非常致命了 |
[05:10] | Someone’s injected the meaty center with snake venom. | 有人在中间的肉里注射了蛇毒 |
[05:13] | Tell me you didn’t just eat some. | 告诉我你没吃 |
[05:15] | Oh, it’s quite harmless if ingested orally. | 口头摄入是无害的 |
[05:17] | Stomach acid neutralizes the toxin. | 胃酸会让毒素失效 |
[05:19] | It’s only dangerous if it enters the blood. | 只有进入血液才会有危险 |
[05:22] | Hence, the fiberglass. | 所以才会有玻璃纤维 |
[05:24] | – The what? – Fiberglass. | -什么 -玻璃纤维 |
[05:26] | These granules– some of them are sea salt. | 这些小颗粒 有些是海盐 |
[05:28] | Others are tiny shards of fiberglass | 剩下的是细小的玻璃纤维 |
[05:31] | meant to create microscopic abrasions in the mouth. | 为了在口腔中造成微小的伤口 |
[05:34] | So the snake venom could be absorbed into the bloodstream. | 所以蛇毒才能被血液吸收 |
[05:37] | Pretty sure you’d know if you were eating fiberglass. | 你要是吃到玻璃纤维肯定能感觉到吧 |
[05:40] | Well, this has been ground down exceedingly fine, | 这些纤维被磨得很细 |
[05:41] | so adding it to a dish like this | 所以加在这种菜里 |
[05:43] | would yield little more than a chalky texture. | 就像加了一点灰尘一样 |
[05:47] | That’s a new one. | 这是个新方法 |
[05:48] | Yeah. | 对 |
[05:49] | That sick line cook’s gonna know who made this. | 那个中毒的帮厨会知道这是谁做的 |
[05:54] | I ate snake venom? | 我吃了蛇毒吗 |
[05:57] | Am I… am I gonna be okay? | 我会没事吗 |
[06:00] | Well, it appears so. | 看起来是的 |
[06:01] | How much did you eat? | 你吃了多少 |
[06:03] | Uh, just a bite. | 就一口 |
[06:05] | I mean, Chef Joe didn’t usually share it with us. | 乔主厨通常不会跟我们分享 |
[06:08] | Didn’t want anyone figuring out his special recipe. | 他不想让别人知道他的特别配方 |
[06:11] | Right. You mean he made that food himself? | 好吧 你是说这是他自己做的 |
[06:13] | Last night. | 是昨晚做的 |
[06:15] | He’d usually make a batch after we’d close. | 他通常会在我们关门之后做一些 |
[06:17] | Store it in the prep fridge. | 保存在冰箱里 |
[06:19] | Hard to imagine he was our poisoner. | 很难想象他就是下毒的人 |
[06:21] | So only restaurant employees have access to the kitchen, | 只有餐厅员工能进厨房 |
[06:24] | is that correct? | 对吗 |
[06:25] | – Normally, yeah. – But? | -通常是的 -但是 |
[06:28] | We had a break-in last night. | 昨晚有人闯入餐厅 |
[06:29] | Now, somebody broke the lock on the back door, | 有人破坏了后门的锁 |
[06:31] | tried the safe in the office. | 试着打开办公室的保险柜 |
[06:33] | It looks like they gave up when it wouldn’t open. | 好像在失败之后他们就放弃了 |
[06:36] | Maybe it was cover for the poisoner. | 也许这是为下毒作掩护 |
[06:38] | That batch in the kitchen | 厨房里的那道菜 |
[06:41] | was for a private lunch we had here today. | 是为今天的私人午餐准备的 |
[06:44] | You served it? | 你们上这道菜了 |
[06:47] | It was a seven top, | 那是顿七人餐 |
[06:48] | our first seating of the day. | 我们今天的第一桌客人 |
[06:50] | They called ahead, | 他们提前打了电话 |
[06:51] | they said they all wanted the chef’s tasting menu. | 说他们都想吃主厨的招牌菜 |
[06:54] | It-It’s the only way you can get our famous foie gras. | 只有这样才能吃到我们的招牌鹅肝酱 |
[06:58] | So seven people ate fiberglass | 所以今天中午 |
[06:59] | and snake venom here earlier today. | 有七个人吃了玻璃纤维和蛇毒 |
[07:01] | And anyone who looked in the reservation book | 而所有看过预约单的人 |
[07:03] | would have known that they were going to eat that? | 都能知道他们要吃那道菜 |
[07:05] | You think one of them was the target. | 你觉得目标是他们中的一个 |
[07:07] | One of them or all of them. | 一个或者所有人 |
[07:09] | We might not be looking at the death of one man. | 我们也许不是在查一个人的死 |
[07:10] | We might be investigating a mass murder. | 我们也许在调查一起多重谋杀案 |
[07:21] | Heck of a welcome-home gift. | 这个欢迎礼真棒 |
[07:22] | Our first week back, and I’m look at neuropathy, | 我们回来的第一周 我就看到了神经紊乱 |
[07:25] | coagulopathy, myelosis, | 凝血障碍 骨髓瘤 |
[07:27] | internal hemorrhaging, renal failure. | 内出血 肾衰竭 |
[07:29] | Textbook envenomation symptoms. | 教科书般的蛇毒症状 |
[07:31] | If it weren’t for the chef uniform, | 如果不是他穿着厨师服 |
[07:32] | I’d have pegged Mr. Leshner for a snake charmer, a bad one. | 我会认为莱施纳先生是个坏蛇迷 |
[07:35] | No idea what type of snake the venom came from? | 还是不知道是哪种蛇的毒液吗 |
[07:38] | That’s gonna take some time. | 这要花一点时间 |
[07:39] | There’s no one test to I.D. the source species. | 没人做过追查来源品种的测试 |
[07:41] | I have to run Mr. Leshner’s blood | 我得用莱施纳先生的血液 |
[07:43] | against a bunch of known samples to find a match. | 跟几种已知样本作比对 |
[07:46] | But I can tell you, | 但我可以告诉你 |
[07:47] | the stuff is neurotoxic and very potent. | 这东西能毒害神经而且毒性很强 |
[07:49] | You said the restaurant couldn’t identify | 你说餐馆不能确定 |
[07:51] | the seven other people who ate it? | 其他七个服用了这东西的人的身份 |
[07:53] | All we got is the name of the guy | 我们只知道 |
[07:54] | who made the reservation: Daniel O. Lukic. | 预定餐位的人的名字 达尼尔·奥·卢基奇 |
[07:57] | And we ran him through the RTCC. No hits. | 我们在RTCC里找了 没有匹配结果 |
[08:00] | There’s not a single person in the country that’s got that name. | 全国上下没有一个人叫这个名字 |
[08:04] | So we’re thinking it’s probably an alias. | 所以我们认为可能是化名 |
[08:07] | Well, if he and his lunch mates | 如果他和他的用餐伙伴 |
[08:08] | ate more than a nibble of that foie gras, | 吃了不止一口那种鹅肝 |
[08:10] | we’re gonna be seeing them down here soon enough. | 我们很快就能在这里见到他们了 |
[08:12] | I got to get that. | 我得去接下 |
[08:15] | Another victim just turned up. | 另一个受害者刚出现了 |
[08:18] | Tate Orvis, Brooklyn software programmer. | 泰特·奥维斯 布鲁克林的软件工程师 |
[08:20] | Showed up at Stuyvesant Memorial half hour ago. | 半小时前出现在史岱文森纪念医院 |
[08:24] | He didn’t make it. | 他没能挺过来 |
[08:25] | Symptoms same as the chef. | 症状和主厨一样 |
[08:28] | Well, we have to find out who all these people were | 我们要先知道这些人是谁 |
[08:30] | before we can figure out who wanted them dead and why. | 才能找出谁想杀了他们以及原因 |
[08:32] | At least we have a lead. | 至少我们有一条线索了 |
[08:34] | We have two. There’s a name on the reservation. | 两条 预订簿里有名字 |
[08:36] | I just said there’s nobody in the country | 我刚说了全国没一个 |
[08:38] | named Daniel O. Lukic. | 叫达尼尔·奥·卢基奇的 |
[08:40] | There is however a Danilo Lukic. | 可是有一个达尼洛·卢基奇 |
[08:42] | D-a-n-I-l-o. | 达-尼-洛 |
[08:45] | Whoever took the reservation mistook his first name | 接订单的人拼错了他的名字 |
[08:47] | for his first name | 写成了一个名字 |
[08:47] | and a middle initial. | 和一个中间名首字母 |
[08:49] | Mr. Lukic is a Serbian national. | 卢基奇先生是塞尔维亚人 |
[08:51] | He designs onboard computers | 他在贝尔格莱德 |
[08:52] | for a car company in Belgrade. | 为一家汽车企业设计车载电脑 |
[08:54] | And according to them, | 根据他们提供的信息 |
[08:55] | he’s on vacation in New York this week, | 他这周在纽约度假 |
[08:56] | staying at the Vera Hotel in Queens. | 住在皇后区的维拉酒店 |
[09:05] | Marcus, nice of you to join. | 马库斯 你能加入真好 |
[09:07] | They just let you in here, huh? | 他们就这么把你放进来了 |
[09:09] | Well, once I explained there might be a dead Serbian inside, | 我一解释里面可能有个塞尔维亚人死了 |
[09:12] | they were very accommodating. | 他们就非常配合了 |
[09:14] | Oh, there wasn’t, as you can see. | 没有死人 如你所见 |
[09:16] | But, uh, they invited me to stay and have a look around | 不过 他们邀请我进来四处看看 |
[09:19] | if it might help them locate their poisoned guest. | 如果有助于找到被毒害的客人的话 |
[09:21] | Any luck so far? | 目前有什么发现吗 |
[09:23] | I’ve learned that Danilo Lukic is a Sagittarius, | 我知道了达尼洛·卢基奇是个射手座 |
[09:26] | he’s allergic to corn, | 他对玉米过敏 |
[09:27] | and he collects penguin-themed bric-a-brac. | 他还收集企鹅主题的小摆设 |
[09:30] | His whereabouts however remain a mystery. | 然而他现在人在哪里还是个迷 |
[09:34] | Look, there’s something we need to talk about. | 听着 有件事我们要谈谈 |
[09:36] | I was in court this morning. | 今早我去了法庭 |
[09:37] | You remember Leon Walker? | 你还记得利昂·沃克吗 |
[09:39] | Killed that bodega owner, | 杀了酒窖老板 |
[09:41] | fled with cash from the register. | 拿了登记处的现金逃跑 |
[09:42] | Yeah, $207, if memory serves. | 记得 207块 如果没记错的话 |
[09:45] | There was a witness: Samuel Cruz. | 有一个目击证人 塞缪尔·克鲁兹 |
[09:47] | You said he saw the shooter flee the store? | 你说他看到开枪者从店里逃走 |
[09:49] | – Yeah, he did. – He told you he saw Leon Walker? | -是的 -他跟你说他看到利昂·沃克了 |
[09:52] | He didn’t have to. It was obvious. | 他不用跟我说 明摆着的事 |
[09:55] | What do you mean, it was obvious? | 什么叫「明摆着的事」 |
[09:56] | Cruz was, uh, peddling bootleg perfume | 克鲁兹那天在店外 |
[09:58] | outside the store that day. | 卖盗版香水 |
[10:00] | Couldn’t afford to leave his elicit business unattended, | 他可不能扔下生意无人看管 |
[10:03] | so… there’s no question he was there. | 所以 毫无疑问他在那里 |
[10:06] | I mean, Walker ran out after the shooting. | 我是说 当沃克开枪逃跑后 |
[10:07] | Okay, but he could have been looking in the other direction, | 好吧 可他当时有可能在看其他方向 |
[10:10] | he could have… | 他可能… |
[10:10] | Walker knocked over a rack of Cruz’s fragrances. | 沃克撞倒了一架克鲁兹的香水 |
[10:13] | They shattered all over the sidewalk. | 街上到处都是碎碴 |
[10:15] | There was still glass on the ground | 我到达现场后 |
[10:16] | when I arrived at the scene. | 地上还有玻璃渣 |
[10:17] | And given the fact that the, uh, | 考虑到 |
[10:19] | murder weapon reeked of Eau De Toilette | 杀人工具散发着香水味 |
[10:20] | when it was recovered a day later, stood to reason. | 而一天之后又出现了 结论顺理成章 |
[10:23] | It can’t stand to reason. | 顺理成章可不行 |
[10:24] | Mr. Cruz being a witness– | 克鲁兹先生作为证人 |
[10:25] | that’s part of the State’s case. | 那是案子的一部分 |
[10:27] | I’m confused as to why they would introduce him. | 我不明白他们为什么还要请他作证 |
[10:29] | Leon Walker’s DNA and fingerprints | 在现场找到了 |
[10:30] | were found at the scene, | 利昂·沃克的DNA和指纹 |
[10:31] | there was a ballistics match on his weapon, | 弹道匹配他的武器 |
[10:33] | and the money was recovered in his apartment. | 钱也在他的公寓里找到了 |
[10:34] | So what Cruz saw or didn’t see doesn’t bloody matter. | 所以不管克鲁兹看没看到都没关系 |
[10:37] | It does now. | 现在就有关了 |
[10:38] | I just told a jury that Cruz said he saw Walker. | 我刚刚告诉陪审团克鲁兹说他看到过沃克 |
[10:42] | I thought it was rock-solid, | 我以为是板上钉钉的事 |
[10:43] | and your notes were shorthanded… | 你的笔记太简略了 |
[10:45] | My notes were misinterpreted. | 我的笔记被曲解了 |
[10:46] | Either way, we got a problem. | 不管如何 我们有麻烦了 |
[10:49] | The way the defense attorney was harping on it, | 从被告律师反复提起的架势来看 |
[10:51] | my guess is he’s gonna put Cruz on the stand | 我猜他会让克鲁兹出席 |
[10:53] | and Cruz is gonna have a different story to tell. | 而克鲁兹要讲的故事不一样 |
[10:56] | They’ll use the discrepancy to make it look like | 他们会用故事有出入来搞得像 |
[10:57] | we bungled the investigation. | 我们搞砸了调查 |
[10:59] | Did you tell the A.D.A? | 你告诉助理地检官了 |
[11:01] | Yeah, she’s not happy. | 是的 她很不高兴 |
[11:02] | She wants to put us both in front of a judge | 她要我们在下周法庭重新开始时 |
[11:04] | to walk all this back when court resumes next week. | 把一切跟法官讲清楚 |
[11:06] | That’s not going to happen. | 不会发生的 |
[11:08] | There is no question that Cruz saw Walker flee the scene. | 毫无疑问克鲁兹看到了沃克从现场逃走 |
[11:11] | If the court wants us to prove it, | 如果法庭要我们证明 |
[11:12] | then we’ll just prove it. | 那我们就去证明 |
[11:14] | But not at the moment. | 但不是现在 |
[11:17] | Something wrong? | 有什么不对吗 |
[11:19] | All the beverages in this room | 这个房间里所有的饮品 |
[11:20] | are made by the same conglomerate, | 都是由同一家企业制造的 |
[11:22] | apart from this wine. | 除了这瓶红酒 |
[11:23] | So Mr. Lukic brought his own wine. | 所以卢基奇先生自己带了红酒 |
[11:26] | Not wine. | 不是酒 |
[11:28] | Just the bottle. | 只是酒瓶 |
[11:32] | Any idea what those are? | 知道那是什么吗 |
[11:37] | I can’t believe Tate’s dead. | 我不敢相信泰特死了 |
[11:40] | I was just in a meeting with him this morning. | 我今早还见过他 |
[11:42] | He was poisoned at lunch, Mrs. Shea. | 他是在午饭时中的毒 谢伊女士 |
[11:45] | And it looks like several other people were dosed. | 而且看来其他几个人也中毒了 |
[11:47] | So far, we’ve been unable to identify them. | 目前我们还不清楚他们的身份 |
[11:50] | Any chance you know who he was dining with? | 你知道他中午跟谁吃的饭吗 |
[11:52] | Sorry, no. | 抱歉 不知道 |
[11:53] | I’m not plugged into Tate’s calendar. | 我看不到泰特的日程表 |
[11:56] | He was the CEO. I’m just the HR lady. | 他是总裁 我只是负责人力资源的 |
[11:59] | Well, you’re more than that. | 不止吧 |
[12:01] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[12:02] | We went through your social media accounts. | 我们查看了你的社交媒体账户 |
[12:04] | Three Saturdays ago, you posted a photo of a sunset. | 三周前的周六 你发了一张日落的照片 |
[12:07] | The caption read: “Beautiful night with friends.” | 标题写着 「跟朋友们度过美丽的夜晚」 |
[12:11] | So? | 那又怎样 |
[12:12] | So, the photo was taken | 那么 照片拍摄的地点 |
[12:14] | from the porch of Tate’s summer home in Vermont. | 是泰特在佛蒙特州的夏季别墅的门廊上 |
[12:18] | We matched the photos to his accounts. | 我们把照片跟他的账户比对过 |
[12:20] | You weren’t with friends, you were with Tate. | 你不是跟朋友们在一起 你是跟泰特在一起 |
[12:21] | You were having an affair. | 你们俩有私情 |
[12:22] | We spoke to Mr. Orvis’s housekeeper. | 我们跟奥维斯先生的管家谈过 |
[12:24] | She said last week | 她说上周 |
[12:25] | you two had a fight. | 你们俩吵了一架 |
[12:27] | He called you a psycho. | 他说你是个神经病 |
[12:29] | Why would he say something like that? | 他为什么要这么说呢 |
[12:32] | You’re right. | 你们说对了 |
[12:35] | We were sleeping together. | 我们是上床了 |
[12:37] | He called me crazy | 他说我疯了 |
[12:38] | because he didn’t want to tell the truth. | 是因为他不想说出真相 |
[12:41] | Which was? | 什么真相 |
[12:42] | He was two-timing me. | 他劈腿了 |
[12:44] | I was at his place when I overheard him | 我当时在他家 听到他 |
[12:46] | talking to an Italian woman on the phone. | 跟一个意大利女人打电话 |
[12:49] | I didn’t recognize her voice. | 我认不出她的声音 |
[12:50] | You listened in on the call. | 你听到了他们的电话 |
[12:52] | I heard him say “I miss you,” | 我听到他说「我想你」 |
[12:54] | so I picked up the other line. | 所以我就拿起了另一部话机 |
[12:56] | They were saying how excited they were to see each other. | 他们说着他们对见面有多激动 |
[12:59] | After they hung up, I started poking around. | 他们挂掉电话后 我就开始四处搜查 |
[13:02] | I found these weird key cards… | 我在他的钱包里发现了 |
[13:07] | in his wallet. | 这些奇怪的房卡 |
[13:12] | I thought they were to get into places where he was meeting her. | 我觉得这是他们见面地方的房卡 |
[13:16] | When I couldn’t connect them to any hotels, | 可我查不出是哪家酒店的 |
[13:19] | I confronted him. | 于是我就去质问他 |
[13:21] | He got angry. | 他很生气 |
[13:23] | He wouldn’t tell me anything about the cards or the woman. | 他不肯告诉我房卡或那个女人的事 |
[13:26] | Our thing… | 我们之间 |
[13:29] | was over. | 结束了 |
[13:31] | But I didn’t kill him. | 但我没有杀他 |
[13:34] | You have to believe me. | 你们得相信我 |
[13:36] | We might, if you can tell us where you were last night. | 如果你告诉我们你昨晚在哪 或许可以 |
[13:38] | Home. | 在家 |
[13:41] | With my husband. | 和我丈夫在一起 |
[13:44] | I know you could tell him about the affair. | 我知道你们可能会告诉我丈夫外遇的事 |
[13:46] | Could ruin my life. | 那可能会毁了我的生活 |
[13:48] | But I swear, he’s just gonna tell you the same thing. | 可我发誓 他说的肯定跟我一样 |
[13:51] | Sorry. He’s gonna have to. | 抱歉 他得亲口说 |
[14:04] | Do I smell Thai food? | 我是闻到了泰国菜的味道吗 |
[14:05] | Yes, there’s tom yum goong in here. | 是的 是冬阴功汤 |
[14:09] | Finally, some good news. I am starving. | 终于算有点好消息了 我都饿死了 |
[14:12] | So, it turns out that Tate Orvis is a real Lothario, | 原来泰特·奥维斯是个不折不扣的色狼 |
[14:15] | but a pretty unlikely murder target. | 但不太可能是被谋杀的目标 |
[14:18] | The captain and I spent the last few hours | 警监和我花了好几个小时 |
[14:20] | calling every hospital in the city, | 给市里每家医院打了电话 |
[14:22] | trying to find a new lead. | 想发现新线索 |
[14:24] | Didn’t find a single one. | 可是一无所获 |
[14:25] | Day was a total bust. | 一天都白白浪费了 |
[14:26] | Well, I wouldn’t go that far. | 也不至于 |
[14:28] | The photographs you sent of the key cards | 你发给我的西德尼·谢伊拍的 |
[14:30] | that Sydney Shea found proved quite useful. | 那些房卡的照片很有用 |
[14:33] | These were hidden in Danilo Lukic’s hotel room. | 这些卡藏在达尼洛·卢基奇的酒店房间里 |
[14:41] | They’re identical. | 一样的 |
[14:43] | Sydney thought that these were proof | 西德尼觉得这是泰特 |
[14:45] | that Tate was having an affair with some Italian mistress. | 跟意大利情妇有外遇的证据 |
[14:47] | She’s not his mistress. She’s a telecom executive. | 她不是情妇 她是一家电信公司的总裁 |
[14:50] | Her name is Serafina DiTomasso. | 她的名字叫瑟拉芬娜·迪托马索 |
[14:53] | I was struggling to grasp the connection | 我正在努力把 |
[14:54] | between a software guru from Brooklyn | 一个布鲁克林的软件专家 |
[14:56] | and an auto worker from Belgrade. | 和贝尔格莱德的一个汽车生产厂联系起来 |
[14:58] | These key cards tell the tale. | 这些门卡就给出答案了 |
[15:00] | – Do you know what they’re for? – No idea. | -你知道它们是干什么的了 -不知道 |
[15:02] | But I know where they came from. Each one is marked | 但我知道它们是从哪来的 每一张 |
[15:04] | with an alphanumeric code which begins with “IAO.” | 都标有一个以IAO开头的字母数字代码 |
[15:07] | IAO “IAO”? | |
[15:09] | The Internet Address Organization. | 互联网地址组织 |
[15:11] | It is a nonprofit organization | 这是一个非赢利组织 |
[15:13] | comprised of eminent computer science professionals. | 由著名的计算机科学专家组成 |
[15:15] | The group is very secretive. | 这个组织非常隐秘 |
[15:17] | But online rumors suggest that these seven individuals | 但网上有传言这七个人 |
[15:20] | are its leaders. | 是它的领导 |
[15:22] | So you think Serafina DiTomasso and the others | 所以你认为瑟拉芬娜·迪托马索还有其他人 |
[15:24] | are the five missing poison victims. | 是那五个失踪的被毒者 |
[15:26] | I’ve managed to confirm | 我想办法确认了 |
[15:27] | that each one of these people | 这几个人 |
[15:29] | has business in New York this week. | 都在这个星期来了纽约 |
[15:31] | The NYPD is sending patrol cars to their hotels as we speak. | 这会纽约警局正派警车去他们的宾馆了 |
[15:37] | You seem a little disappointed. | 你看起来有点失望 |
[15:38] | No, I just thought, with the… secret key cards | 不 我只是以为 神秘的门卡 |
[15:42] | and the snake venom and the foreign affairs, | 蛇毒还有涉外事务 |
[15:44] | we’d be dealing with spies or assassins. | 这应该会牵扯到间谍或者刺客 |
[15:47] | Not… you know, tech support. | 而不是 技术人员 |
[15:49] | I mean, why would anyone want to wipe out this group? | 我是说 为什么会有人想要除掉他们 |
[15:52] | They seem so mundane. | 他们看起来很平凡 |
[15:53] | I mean, what would killing them even achieve? | 杀了他们有什么好处 |
[15:55] | Airport shutdowns, power grid failures, financial meltdowns, | 机场关闭 电网故障 金融崩溃 |
[15:58] | – nuclear war– take your pick. – What are you talking about? | -核战 随你选 -你在说什么 |
[16:00] | The IAO controls core security for the entire Internet. | IAO控制着整个网络的核心安全 |
[16:04] | These people are many things, Watson, | 这些人可以用很多词来形容 华生 |
[16:05] | but mundane… | 但「平凡」 |
[16:08] | they are not. | 可不适合 |
[16:16] | I’m sorry if you don’t like my questions, Mr. Dalal, | 如果你不喜欢我的问题 很抱歉达罗先生 |
[16:18] | but you still have to answer them. | 但你仍然得回答 |
[16:20] | Yesterday, my friend Tate was killed. | 昨天 我朋友泰特被杀了 |
[16:22] | This morning, I wake up to hear | 今早 我醒来听说 |
[16:24] | Danilo died on a subway platform. | 达尼洛死在地铁站台 |
[16:26] | Now you tell me everyone else in the group was | 现在你告诉我组织的其他人都被发现 |
[16:28] | found dead in their hotel rooms and you think I’m to blame. | 死在宾馆房间里 而你们认为是我干的 |
[16:30] | We don’t know what to think right now, but we’re trying | 我们不知道要怎么想 但我们在试图 |
[16:32] | to solve these murders and you’re not helping. | 找到凶手 而你没在帮忙 |
[16:35] | What conclusions are we supposed to draw from that? | 我们应该得出什么结论呢 |
[16:36] | That these people were dear friends of mine? | 结论就是这些人是我要好的朋友 |
[16:38] | That it’s taking me some time to process this nightmare? | 我需要时间来渡过这场噩梦 |
[16:41] | We completely understand, | 我们完全理解 |
[16:42] | but we have urgent questions we need to ask. | 但我们有紧急的问题需要得到答案 |
[16:45] | So you admit you and your friends were leaders | 所以你承认你和你朋友 |
[16:47] | of the IAO. | 是IAO的领导 |
[16:49] | You were at the same lunch, | 你们一起吃了一顿午餐 |
[16:50] | but you were the only one who survived it. | 但你是唯一幸存的 |
[16:52] | I didn’t eat the poisoned foie gras | 我没吃下毒的鹅肝 |
[16:54] | because I’m a vegetarian. | 因为我是素食者 |
[16:56] | My entire life. Ask anyone. | 一直都是 随便问谁都知道 |
[16:58] | The restaurant manager said that | 餐厅经理说 |
[16:59] | 13 menu items were served. | 他们有13道菜式 |
[17:01] | Two of them contained meat. | 两种有肉 |
[17:03] | Two out of the 13. | 13种的两种 |
[17:04] | Pretty lucky the snake venom just happened | 蛇毒刚好下在你不吃的两道菜中的一种 |
[17:06] | to be in one of the two dishes you couldn’t eat | 而不是你能吃的11道菜中的一种 |
[17:09] | instead of one of the 11 you could. | 你真是幸运 |
[17:10] | That is exactly what it was– lucky! | 正是如此 幸运 |
[17:14] | You said the food was poisoned | 你们说这些食物 |
[17:16] | during a break-in the night before, right? | 是在晚上有人闯入时被下毒的 对吧 |
[17:18] | I was at my hotel, the Belmont in Queens. | 我那晚在宾馆里 皇后区的贝尔蒙特 |
[17:21] | Look at their security footage; I was there all night. | 看他们的监视录像 我整晚都在那 |
[17:24] | You also ought to be asking yourselves | 你们也该问问 |
[17:25] | why on earth would anyone have wanted us dead. | 为什么有人会想要我们死 |
[17:28] | We don’t know how your group works. | 我们不知道你们的组织如何运作 |
[17:30] | You guys don’t exactly advertise your methods. | 你们并不怎么宣传你们的手法 |
[17:32] | Based on what we do know, it looks like the first step | 根据我们所知 这似乎是 |
[17:35] | to taking over the Internet. | 控制网络的第一步 |
[17:37] | If that’s what you think, then you understand very little. | 如果那就是你的看法 那你理解得非常浅显 |
[17:40] | By all means, | 拜托 |
[17:41] | enlighten us. | 请给我们科普一下 |
[17:44] | The Internet is built on the premise | 网络建立于一个前提之上 |
[17:46] | that when people type in the address of a Web site, | 当人们输入网站的地址时 |
[17:48] | they are sent to the legitimate version of that site. | 他们会被送往这个网站的合法版本 |
[17:52] | When the seven of us would meet up, | 我们七个聚在一起 |
[17:53] | we would verify that every entry | 会验证网址簿 |
[17:55] | in the online phone book was legitimate. | 每个条目的合法性 |
[17:58] | If we didn’t, a bunch of fake sites would pop up | 如果我们不这么做 一堆假站点就会出现 |
[18:01] | to steal users’ personal data, | 它们会窃取用户个人资料 |
[18:03] | plant, uh, spyware on-on phones and computers… | 在手机和电脑里植入间谍软件 |
[18:06] | So, seven people verify every Web site on the Internet? | 七个人验证网络上的所有网站 |
[18:10] | We use an algorithm to do it. | 我们使用一个算法 |
[18:12] | What happens if someone gets their hands on that algorithm? | 如果有人弄到了这个算法会发生什么 |
[18:15] | Well, they couldn’t. | 他们弄不到的 |
[18:17] | Not without these. | 除非有这些 |
[18:19] | Danilo Lukic and Tate Orvis had those cards. | 达尼洛·卢基奇和泰特·奥维斯也有这些卡 |
[18:22] | What are they? | 它们是什么 |
[18:23] | When the algorithm isn’t in use, | 当这个算法没被使用时 |
[18:25] | it’s divided into seven parts and stored on hard drives. | 它被分成七份存储于硬盘中 |
[18:28] | The drives are kept in safes, locked with these. | 这些硬盘保存在保险箱里 这些是钥匙 |
[18:31] | But even if someone snatched all of our cards– | 但就算有人拿到了所有卡 |
[18:35] | and whoever poisoned our lunch obviously didn’t– | 而那个在我们午餐里下毒的人明显并没做到 |
[18:37] | they’d still need to clear a dozen hurdles | 他们依然需要清理一堆障碍 |
[18:39] | before they could do any real harm. | 才能造成危害 |
[18:41] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[18:42] | We’re just the first line of defense. | 我们只是第一道防线 |
[18:45] | There are backup algorithms and fail-safe alarms, | 还有备份算法和失效警报 |
[18:48] | replacement key-holders. | 替补持钥人 |
[18:50] | There isn’t a scheme I could imagine | 我想不出有什么计划 |
[18:52] | that would actually benefit from my friends dying. | 能从我朋友的死中获益 |
[19:02] | Thought talking to that guy would clear things up. | 还以为和那家伙谈谈能搞清楚一些事 |
[19:05] | It didn’t. | 但没有 |
[19:07] | So… if the deaths of his friends | 所以 如果他朋友的死 |
[19:09] | didn’t further any Internet coup d’état, | 并没有激发什么网络政变 |
[19:11] | we might want to consider a more personal motive. | 那我们就要考虑下更私人的动机了 |
[19:13] | One member of the group had an enemy; | 组内一个人有仇敌 |
[19:15] | the other deaths were collateral damage. | 其他死亡只是附带伤害 |
[19:17] | Well, before we look into these people’s lives, | 在我们去查这些人的生活之前 |
[19:19] | we should check out his story, | 我们应该证实一下他的故事 |
[19:21] | see if there’s video at the hotel | 看看酒店那边 |
[19:22] | at the time of the break-in. | 在被闯入时有没有录像 |
[19:23] | Any chance you could do that without us? | 你能自己去查看吗 |
[19:25] | We have a quick errand to run. | 我们还有个小差事要办 |
[19:27] | Old case that’s on trial. | 一个还在审的老案子 |
[19:29] | Yeah. I’ll be in touch. | 行 保持联络 |
[19:34] | So you were supposed to meet with Samuel Cruz this morning. | 所以你今早应该去见塞缪尔·克鲁兹 |
[19:36] | Were you not able to confirm my suspicions? | 你没能证实我的怀疑吗 |
[19:38] | Actually, I was able. | 实际上 我证实了 |
[19:40] | I laid out your broken perfume bottle story | 我说了你那个摔坏香水瓶的故事 |
[19:43] | and said we know he saw Leon Walker’s face | 说我们知道他在沃克逃离枪击现场时 |
[19:45] | as Walker fled the scene of the shooting. | 看到了利昂·沃克的脸 |
[19:47] | He admitted it, told me everything. | 他承认了 全都告诉我了 |
[19:49] | He says he was being pressured by the defendant | 他说被告在给他施压 |
[19:50] | to lie on the stand; he was gonna say | 让他在庭上撒谎 他本来要说 |
[19:52] | the person he saw running from the store was a woman. | 看到从商店逃跑的是个女人 |
[19:55] | I’m sure the defense attorney would have | 相信被告律师会 |
[19:56] | had a field day with that discrepancy. | 借着这个矛盾大做文章 |
[19:57] | You and I get to tell the A.D.A. the good news. | 你我可以去跟助理地检官说这个好消息了 |
[20:00] | There are seven murders by snake venom waiting to be solved. | 有七起被蛇毒谋杀的案件等着被侦破 |
[20:02] | Six IAO key-holders, one chef. | 六个IAO持钥人 一个厨师 |
[20:05] | Could you not regurgitate that happy report on your own? | 你不能自己处理这开心的报告吗 |
[20:07] | The A.D.A. wants to be sure our wires aren’t crossed anymore. | 助理地检官想确认我们的线已经理清 |
[20:10] | This is about putting a murderer away. | 这事关让凶手接受惩罚 |
[20:12] | It’ll take 30 minutes. | 只需要三十分钟 |
[20:17] | You got Mr. Cruz’s signature under an affidavit? | 你让克鲁兹先生在宣誓书上签字了 |
[20:20] | Figure that way, he can’t get squirrelly again. | 我想这样 他就不会再临阵倒戈了 |
[20:23] | He swore out the real story, | 他对真实性发誓了 |
[20:24] | picked our guy out of a photo array. | 从照片阵列中认出了我们的人 |
[20:27] | That’s a relief. | 真让人松了口气 |
[20:28] | I’m gonna take this to Judge Williams right now. | 我得立刻把这个拿给威廉姆斯法官 |
[20:31] | You know, we can go with you if you think it’ll help. | 如果你觉得有帮助我们可以和你一起去 |
[20:33] | No. The old man loves me. | 不用 那老家伙喜欢我 |
[20:35] | Let me lay it out for him; | 让我跟他说清楚 |
[20:36] | he’ll forgive your mistake on the stand, | 他会原谅你在庭审上的错误 |
[20:38] | probably call defense counsel | 或许会叫辩护律师去内庭 |
[20:39] | to chambers and read them the riot act. | 给他们念取缔暴动法 |
[20:42] | It’ll be fine, I promise. | 会没事的 我保证 |
[20:44] | Thanks. I, uh… | 谢谢 我… |
[20:45] | I’ll breathe easier when it’s over. | 事情完了我就能松一口气了 |
[20:47] | You think I’d let my favorite cop get tripped up | 你觉得我会让我最喜欢的警察 |
[20:48] | over some nonsense like this? | 被这种破事缠得不可开交吗 |
[20:53] | As for you, Mr. Holmes, | 至于你 福尔摩斯先生 |
[20:54] | try to be a little more careful writing your reports. | 在写报告的时候多用点心 |
[20:56] | You kind of put your friend in a spot. | 你让你的朋友有些难堪 |
[20:58] | Actually, it was my… | 其实 那是我的… |
[20:59] | No, no, she’s right– the error was entirely mine. | 不不 她说得对 都是我的错 |
[21:01] | My apologies to both of you. | 我向你俩道歉 |
[21:03] | All right. Oh, I’m due in court. | 好的 我该上庭了 |
[21:05] | Thank you, gentlemen. | 谢谢你们 |
[21:12] | I am now retracting my apologies. | 我现在要收回我的道歉 |
[21:16] | You know, if you’d have told me | 你要是在我们来之前 |
[21:16] | you had a crush on Ms. Milner before we came here, | 就告诉我你对米尔诺有意思 |
[21:18] | I could’ve told you to wear a different color shirt; | 我就可以告诉你换件不同颜色的衬衫了 |
[21:20] | there’s ample literature | 有大量的文献 |
[21:21] | on which colors women are most attracted to, | 研究了什么颜色最吸引女性 |
[21:23] | and purple isn’t one of them. | 紫色可不是其中一种 |
[21:25] | That was a business meeting, not a speed date. | 那只是业务会面 不是相亲 |
[21:27] | It was both. | 两者都是 |
[21:28] | You dragged me here to save face with that A.D.A. | 你拉我来就是为了在她面前挽回面子 |
[21:30] | I would’ve been happy to be your wingman/scapegoat. | 我会很乐意当你的帮手兼替罪羊的 |
[21:35] | I wasn’t trying to put the blame on you, | 我不是想让你担责 |
[21:36] | I just wanted to make sure everything was squared up for her. | 我只是想确保一切都帮她理清了 |
[21:39] | Yeah, ’cause you’re attracted to her. | 是啊 因为你喜欢她 |
[21:41] | All right, fine. | 好吧 成 |
[21:44] | I like her. | 我喜欢她 |
[21:46] | Despite her wedding ring? | 尽管她戴着结婚戒指吗 |
[21:47] | It’s to keep guys away. | 那是为了赶走男人的 |
[21:49] | She’s in the middle of a divorce. | 她正在离婚中 |
[21:51] | Look, when that’s all done and I ask her out, | 当那一切结束后 我会约她出来 |
[21:53] | it’s important she knows I’m good at my job. | 得让她知道我很擅长我的工作 |
[21:55] | Why? You want to romance her, | 为什么 你想和她交往 |
[21:56] | not go into business with her. | 又不是要和她做生意 |
[21:57] | Maybe you haven’t noticed, | 也许你还没注意到 |
[21:58] | but my work is kind of a big part of who I am. | 但我的工作就是我最重要的一部分 |
[22:01] | It’s important to you, and you want to be important to her. | 工作对你很重要 你想让她也觉得重要 |
[22:04] | The transitive property doesn’t apply. | 这种传递关系不存在 |
[22:06] | You think I’d be into Chantal | 你觉得如果香特尔 |
[22:07] | if she wasn’t great at what she does? | 工作不能干 我会喜欢她吗 |
[22:09] | It’s what attracted me to her in the first place. | 那就是我一开始会喜欢她的原因 |
[22:12] | Tell me it’s not the same for you | 别跟我说你对那个 |
[22:13] | and that woman you’ve been seeing. | 你最近约会的女人不是一样的感觉 |
[22:15] | Felicia? | 菲利希亚吗 |
[22:15] | Fiona. | 菲欧娜 |
[22:17] | People in relationships, | 在亲密关系中的人 |
[22:18] | they talk about their jobs– | 他们会谈论自己的工作 |
[22:20] | how things are going, the ups and downs. | 生活顺利不顺利 得意与失意 |
[22:23] | Pretty sure I’m not crazy here. | 我敢肯定不是我疯了 |
[22:28] | Watson. Did Mr. Dalal’s story check out? | 华生 达罗先生的故事查证了吗 |
[22:30] | It did. But that’s not why I’m calling. | 查证了 但我不是因为这个打给你 |
[22:33] | I found the motive for the attack on the key-holder group. | 我发现了袭击网址组织的动机 |
[22:35] | Or rather, it found me. | 或者说 是它自己找上门来的 |
[22:37] | Somebody sent a video to every news station in New York. | 有人给纽约所有的新闻中心发送了一个视频 |
[22:40] | Listen to this. | 你听 |
[22:44] | God declared | 上帝说 |
[22:45] | that the meek shall inherit the Earth. | 饥渴慕义的人必得饱足 |
[22:47] | That was 2,000 years ago. We’ve waited long enough. | 那是两千年前的事了 我们已经等了太久 |
[22:50] | The IAO key-holders just got a taste of our justice | IAO的持钥人已经从他们的鹅肝酱中 |
[22:53] | in their foie gras. | 尝到了正义的滋味 |
[22:54] | Wall Street is next. | 华尔街将是下一个 |
[22:56] | Corporate America hasn’t shared the wealth. | 美国的大公司没有分享财富 |
[22:58] | Today, they lose it all. | 如今 他们将失去一切 |
[22:59] | We’re already inside the market. | 我们已经侵入了市场 |
[23:01] | We can’t be stopped. | 无人能挡 |
[23:02] | There’s only one thing left to do: panic. | 剩下的只有 恐慌 |
[23:10] | They must’ve heard about the threat. | 他们肯定听说了恐吓 |
[23:11] | This place is a zoo. | 这地方就像动物园一样 |
[23:12] | Mr. Holmes? | 福尔摩斯先生 |
[23:14] | Ms. Watson. | 华生女士 |
[23:15] | Captain Gregson told me you were coming. | 格雷森警监通知了我你们会来 |
[23:17] | Lillian Dunbar, head of operations. | 我是莉莉安·邓巴 行动总指挥 |
[23:19] | I understand you’re consultants. | 我知道你们是顾问 |
[23:21] | Is no one else joining us? | 没其他人了吗 |
[23:22] | Most of the Major Case Squad is working on | 重案组的大多数人都在 |
[23:24] | a lead our tech people found. | 跟进技术人员发现的一条线索 |
[23:25] | They think they know where the threat was sent from. | 他们好像知道威胁来源了 |
[23:27] | We’ve been sent to learn more about what its author | 警监派我们来了解威胁者 |
[23:29] | would need to do to make good on his warnings. | 会如何实现他的恐吓 |
[23:32] | The U.S. Stock Exchange receives | 美国证券交易所每周会收到 |
[23:34] | a dozen threats a week– they’re usually bogus. | 很多威胁 通常都是虚假的 |
[23:37] | Six dead IAO key-holders | 六名死亡的IAO持钥人 |
[23:38] | lend a certain weight to this one. | 让这次的威胁变得不容小觑 |
[23:40] | Of course. That’s why we’re taking it seriously. | 是的 所以我们在严肃对待此事 |
[23:43] | When we get a threat that looks like it might be legitimate, | 当我们收到可能是真实的威胁时 |
[23:45] | the exchange enacts a set of protocols | 交易所会启动一系列保护协议 |
[23:47] | to ensure the security of our system. | 确保系统安全 |
[23:49] | Passwords are reset, | 密码会被重置 |
[23:51] | mandatory client I.D. numbers are replaced, | 托管客户的账户信息会被替换 |
[23:54] | and we conduct a system-wide audit of our online networks, | 我们还会对全系统网络服务进行审查 |
[23:57] | from the high frequency trading servers | 从高频交易服务器 |
[23:58] | all the way down to the power grid. | 到电网状况一个不漏 |
[24:00] | And, of course, we freeze all trading. | 当然了 我们会冻结所有交易 |
[24:02] | That’s why all these people are going home? | 所以这些人才都忙着回家吗 |
[24:04] | Everyone but the techies. | 除了工程师 |
[24:05] | Most of the protocols are completed by in-house staff, | 大多数协议是由公司内员工完成的 |
[24:08] | but the system audit | 但系统审查 |
[24:09] | is done by a team of outside cybersecurity consultants. | 是由外聘网络安全顾问完成的 |
[24:13] | So you don’t think this guy can make good | 所以你认为这个人不可能 |
[24:15] | on his promise to burn it all down. | 实现诺言 毁了这一切 |
[24:17] | Ask anyone who works in the stock market | 随便去问问证券市场里的任何人 |
[24:19] | how to eliminate all risk. | 要如何消灭所有风险 |
[24:22] | They’ll tell you it can’t be done. | 他们会告诉你这不可能 |
[24:24] | But I’m telling you we’ve done it. | 但我告诉你们 我们已经做到了 |
[24:35] | It’s weird seeing it quiet like this. | 这么安静看起来真奇怪 |
[24:37] | I’m used to the pandemonium | 我已经习惯了在电视里看到的 |
[24:38] | when they show the trading floor on TV. | 交易所一片嘈杂的景象 |
[24:40] | It’s pretty rare for us to suspend trading. | 对我们来说 暂停交易是很罕见的 |
[24:42] | But when it happens, people clear out quick. | 但真的发生时 人们散得很快的 |
[24:45] | Well, everyone likes a snow day, even when it doesn’t snow. | 人人都喜欢下雪天 就算没下雪也一样 |
[24:47] | I think your traders have been sent home over a hoax. | 我认为交易员们是被谎言哄骗回家的 |
[24:49] | I share your optimism, but I have to ask, | 我很欣赏你的乐观 但我得问问 |
[24:52] | what’s yours based on? | 你为什么这么认为 |
[24:53] | When we spoke to the last remaining IAO key-holder, | 我们跟最后一名IAO持钥人谈话时 |
[24:56] | he was utterly convinced that | 他非常肯定 |
[24:57] | global Internet security was not in jeopardy. | 全球网络安全并没有收到威胁 |
[24:59] | If anything, the security measures here | 就算有 配备的安全措施 |
[25:01] | are even more daunting. | 也足以应付 |
[25:02] | It’s likely this is a bizarre ruse, | 这更像是一种诡计 |
[25:04] | designed to provoke precisely the actions that you’ve taken. | 就是为了让你们采取这些措施 |
[25:07] | I guess it’s possible, but we don’t really | 或许是有这种可能 但我们 |
[25:10] | have a choice about how to respond. | 其实并没有什么选择 |
[25:12] | It doesn’t matter whether the attack is real or fake. | 这次袭击是不是真的不重要 |
[25:15] | What matters is the public believes it’s real. | 重要的是人们相信是真的 |
[25:18] | We have to run our protocols so we can restore | 我们必须按规定行事 才能获得 |
[25:20] | public confidence and trading can resume. | 人们的信任 交易才能重开 |
[25:22] | When it does, I wouldn’t be surprised | 如果是这样 那凶手会获益 |
[25:23] | if the killer was set to profit. | 也不足为奇 |
[25:25] | Probably only a handful of ways to do that. | 或许还有很多方式能达到目的 |
[25:28] | He would have to make certain investments, | 他可以投资某些特定的股票 |
[25:29] | buy or short stocks known for sharp gains | 在一片混乱中 低买高卖 |
[25:31] | or losses in a panic. | 获取巨额利润 |
[25:33] | We might be able to identify the culprit | 如果我们能看到最近的交易数据 |
[25:34] | if we see your recent trading data. | 或许能确认犯人 |
[25:36] | It can’t leave the premises. | 数据不能外传 |
[25:38] | But I can have my assistant get you anything you need. | 但我可以让我的助手为你们提供一切所需 |
[25:42] | Make yourselves at home. | 请自便 |
[25:43] | What’s two more outside consultants, right? | 再来两个外聘顾问能有什么问题 对吧 |
[25:52] | I have to say, if the killer’s hiding in these spreadsheets, | 我得说 如果凶手真是这些表格里的人 |
[25:54] | I-I’m just not seeing him. | 我是没发现 |
[25:58] | So, I’ve been thinking about something that Marcus said | 我一直在想马库斯说的一些事 |
[26:00] | when he confessed his feelings for the A.D.A. | 他承认了对利昂·沃克案件中的助理地检官 |
[26:03] | in the Leon Walker case. | 有好感 |
[26:05] | Marcus is in love? Tell me more. | 马库斯恋爱了 快说说 |
[26:07] | She’s immaterial to my quandary, but… | 她跟我的问题没什么关系 不过 |
[26:10] | he feels it’s imperative to share one’s professional life | 他认为跟感情生活的另一半 |
[26:12] | with one’s romantic partner | 分享自己的职业生活很重要 |
[26:13] | and to have that partner reciprocate. Do you agree? | 以此来促进双方互动 你同意吗 |
[26:16] | I guess. But either way, | 也许吧 但不管怎样 |
[26:17] | why would that bother you? | 你为什么为此心烦 |
[26:19] | I don’t discuss my work with Fiona. | 我没有和菲欧娜讨论过我的工作 |
[26:21] | She doesn’t discuss hers with me. | 她也没有和我说过她的工作 |
[26:23] | – Ever? – She’s been in Philadelphia | -从来都没有吗 -她上个月 |
[26:25] | on a business trip for the last month. | 去了费城出差 |
[26:27] | I only discovered the nature of that business yesterday. | 我昨天才知道是什么工作 |
[26:29] | Every relationship is different. My mother has not read one | 每段感情都不一样 |
[26:32] | of my stepfather’s novels since the first one, | 我妈就从来没读过我继父的小说 |
[26:35] | and they’re coming up on their 35th anniversary. | 但他们马上要迎来结婚35周年纪念日了 |
[26:38] | I mean, there’s not always one right way to do things. | 做任何事情都不是只有一种正确的方式 |
[26:40] | Yet being a detective is not what I do, it’s who I am. | 然而侦探并不只是我的工作 而是我这个人 |
[26:45] | So how can I have no instinct to share something so essential | 那为什么我从来没想过和我声称要关心的人 |
[26:48] | with someone I’m professed to care for? | 讨论这么重要的事 |
[26:51] | Well, you’re talking about one thing. | 你说的只是一方面 |
[26:52] | I mean, it’s an important thing, but still. | 虽然很重要 但是话说回来 |
[26:55] | It’s not just one thing. | 不只是某一方面 |
[26:58] | In my life, I’d say I’d had exactly one relationship | 在我的人生中 我可以界定为爱情的 |
[27:00] | that I would classify as a romance. | 只有一段感情 |
[27:03] | Irene. | 和艾琳 |
[27:06] | Fiona’s a remarkable woman. | 菲欧娜是个了不起的女人 |
[27:08] | What we have is also… A romance. | 我们之间也算是 爱情 |
[27:11] | And yet… | 但是 |
[27:13] | the two do not compare. | 这两段感情无法比较 |
[27:17] | It’s just disappointing. | 我只是有点失望 |
[27:22] | What you had with Moriarty, that’s never gonna happen again. | 你和莫里亚蒂有过的 不会再发生了 |
[27:27] | It shouldn’t. | 而且也不该再发生 |
[27:30] | You’re either in love with Fiona or you’re not. | 你要么爱菲欧娜 要么不爱 |
[27:35] | Yeah. | 说得对 |
[27:43] | That is not a trash can. | 那不是垃圾桶 |
[27:44] | No. It’s a 19th century Empire flower vase | 对 那是个19世纪的俄罗斯 |
[27:47] | from the Russian Romanovich Porcelain Factory. | 罗曼诺维奇瓷器厂做的王室花瓶 |
[27:50] | Well, then you should watch what you’re throwing at it. | 那你真该注意你扔的是什么 |
[27:53] | I assure you, it would take | 我向你保证 |
[27:54] | more than a piece of paper to damage that vase. | 一张纸是毁不了那个花瓶的 |
[27:56] | Romanovich porcelain is famous for its exceptional quality. | 罗曼诺维奇瓷器因卓越品质而出名 |
[27:59] | That’s part of what makes it so… | 所以才让它如此 |
[28:02] | valuable. | 有价值 |
[28:05] | What? | 怎么了 |
[28:06] | I just realized, | 我才意识到 |
[28:08] | money’s not the only thing of value in this building. | 这栋大楼里有价值的不只是钱 |
[28:24] | What are we not looking at here? | 我们应该看什么 这是空的 |
[28:29] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[28:30] | Where are the LeGrands? | 这里的罗格朗画哪里去了 |
[28:34] | There was a trio of post-Impressionist artwork here. | 这里本来有三幅后印象派艺术作品 |
[28:38] | The paintings, where have they gone? | 那些画 它们在哪儿 |
[28:40] | Oh, yeah. They pulled them down to pull some cable. | 那些画啊 他们为了拉电缆把画取下来了 |
[28:43] | They got ’em leaning up against the wall right over… | 他们把画靠在这边的墙上 |
[28:47] | Guys, could I get a 20 on the paintings | 伙计们 有人知道 |
[28:49] | that hang out here in the lobby? | 挂在大厅里的画哪去了吗 |
[28:53] | We’ve been looking for the killer on the wrong floor. | 我们找错方向了 |
[28:55] | This isn’t some byzantine stock plot, | 这并不是什么复杂的股票案件 |
[28:58] | it’s an art heist. | 而是盗窃艺术品案件 |
[29:00] | And it happened right under our noses. | 而且就发生在我们眼皮底下 |
[29:08] | The piece on your left is Torqued Rift #4, | 左边的这幅是「扭曲的裂痕四号」 |
[29:10] | in the center is The Sadness, and on the right, of course, | 中间的是「悲伤」 而右边的 |
[29:14] | Nurse Debriefing a Staircase. | 是「护士解说楼梯」 |
[29:15] | Nurse Debriefing a Staircase? | 「护士解说楼梯」 |
[29:17] | Baptiste LeGrand was pretentious, | 就算是个后印象派画家 |
[29:18] | even for a post-Impressionist painter. | 巴普蒂斯特·罗格朗也过于自负了 |
[29:20] | His work is off-putting and overrated, in my opinion, | 我认为 他的作品让人不喜且被高估 |
[29:23] | but there’s no accounting for taste, is there? | 但是人各有所好 对吧 |
[29:24] | Together, these paintings are worth roughly $60 million. | 这三幅画合在一起大概价值6千万美元 |
[29:28] | That building was full of people all afternoon. | 整个下午那栋大楼到处都是人 |
[29:30] | How the hell does somebody steal | 怎么能做到不惹人注意 |
[29:32] | three paintings and nobody notices? | 顺利偷走三幅画的 |
[29:34] | Our killer is a flimper. He flimped. | 我们的凶手很狡猾 他用了招声东击西 |
[29:37] | It’s a pickpocket’s trick. | 这是个扒手的技巧 |
[29:38] | You use the distraction of a bustling crowd | 要利用拥挤的人群做掩护 |
[29:39] | to plunder your mark. | 来偷走你的目标 |
[29:41] | The poisoning of the IAO key-holders, | 毒害IAO的持钥人 |
[29:43] | the video threat to the financial sector, | 威胁金融部门的视频 |
[29:45] | it was all just a ploy to get the stock exchange chasing its tail | 都只是打乱证交所视线的方法 |
[29:48] | while the thief pulled $60 million worth of artwork off the wall | 从而让窃贼在此期间不惹人注意地 |
[29:51] | without anyone noticing. | 顺利从墙上拿走价值6亿美元的艺术品 |
[29:52] | Yeah, but I’ve been to the stock exchange– | 话虽如此 但我们都去过证交所 |
[29:53] | that place is packed to the gills | 那地方装备很全 |
[29:55] | with security cameras and alarms. | 到处都是监控摄像头和警报器 |
[29:56] | Distraction or no distraction, | 不管是否能分散注意力 |
[29:58] | you can’t just walk out with three canvases under your arm. | 你不可能就这样拿着三幅画走出去 |
[30:00] | You can if the entire system is off-line | 如果整个系统因为检查是否有黑客侵入 |
[30:02] | while it’s being checked for signs of hacking. | 而关闭 你就可以 |
[30:04] | I doubt John Q. Citizen knows the ins and outs | 我猜这个不知名公民 |
[30:07] | of the exchange’s security protocols. | 了解证交所的安全程序的一切情况 |
[30:10] | You got to think somebody on the inside helped them out, huh? | 应该是内部的人在帮他们 对吧 |
[30:13] | We talked to Lillian Dunbar– | 我们和莉莉安·邓巴谈过了 |
[30:15] | she’s the chief of operations over there. | 她是那边这次行动的领导 |
[30:17] | She’s offered us access to HR files, | 她给我们提供了人事部档案 |
[30:21] | phone records, even internal e-mails, | 通话记录 甚至内部邮件 |
[30:22] | anything that might help recover the paintings. | 这些都有可能帮我们找回失踪的画 |
[30:25] | So we comb through all the files. | 所以我们要彻底检查那些文件 |
[30:26] | Any luck, we spot a suspect. | 幸运的话 我们能发现一个嫌疑人 |
[30:28] | Unfortunately, there isn’t enough time for luck. | 不幸的是 并没有足够的时间 |
[30:30] | The exchange has a thousand employees. | 证交所有上千名员工 |
[30:31] | It would take days to consider each one of them in turn, | 要花上很多天才能将他们全部调查一遍 |
[30:33] | and by the time we’ve identified a suspect, | 等到我们找到嫌疑人 |
[30:34] | assuming we do at all, | 假设我们真能找到 |
[30:36] | our paintings will have disappeared into | 画也会在黑市上 |
[30:37] | the murky depths of the black market, along with our thief. | 消失得无影无踪 连同我们的罪犯一起 |
[30:39] | So I think there’s a more efficient way | 所以我觉得有更有效的方式 |
[30:41] | to find the needle in this haystack. | 找到干草堆里的那根针 |
[30:43] | – What’s that? – Well, with your permission, captain, | -什么方式 -需要你的批准 警监 |
[30:45] | I’d like to burn the haystack down. | 我想把干草堆烧掉 |
[30:47] | Three stolen masterpieces are on their way back home tonight, | 三幅画作今晚物归原主 |
[30:47] | 重大新闻 失窃画作寻回 | |
[30:50] | after the NYPD recovered the modern art stashed | 纽约警局在狩猎点一处仓库 |
[30:53] | in a Hunts Point warehouse. | 找到被藏匿于此的画作 |
[30:55] | I don’t know what your friend is so upset about. | 我不明白你朋友为什么那么不爽 |
[30:57] | Those paintings look just like the real thing. | 那些画作跟真的一样 |
[30:58] | Jericho is an art forger par excellence. | 杰里科是一名出色的仿造师 |
[31:01] | He usually spends weeks preparing a single counterfeit. | 他制作一件赝品通常要花上几周 |
[31:03] | And I asked him to do three in ten hours. | 而我要求他十小时里做出三件 |
[31:05] | So needless to say, he doesn’t think it’s his best work. | 也难怪他觉得那不是自己最好的作品 |
[31:09] | I think they’re convincing. | 我觉得挺有说服力的 |
[31:10] | Local news thinks they’re convincing. | 本地新闻也觉得很有说服力 |
[31:13] | Because local television reporters are | 因为本地电视台记者 |
[31:14] | the gold standard for investigative journalism. | 是调查性新闻的典范 |
[31:17] | So now what? We just wait? | 那现在呢 我们就等着吗 |
[31:19] | The publicity surrounding the staged recovery | 失窃画作寻回的虚假新闻 |
[31:21] | should temporarily kill the market for stolen art. | 应该能暂时让画作失去市场 |
[31:24] | Our thief will have to spend time | 我们的窃贼现在需要费劲 |
[31:26] | convincing any potential buyers | 说服任何潜在买家 |
[31:28] | that he still possesses the real LeGrands. | 他手里的罗格朗作品是真品 |
[31:30] | And how’s he gonna do that? | 那他要怎么做 |
[31:31] | The same way that anyone convinces anyone of anything these days: | 和现在流行的说服别人的方法一样 |
[31:33] | by ranting about it online. | 在网上高谈阔论 |
[31:36] | I created accounts for us | 我为我们俩在几家 |
[31:37] | on several Dark Web sites known to host conversations | 讨论黑市商品的暗网网站上 |
[31:40] | about black market goods. | 创建了账号 |
[31:44] | We’ll monitor them for posts of the stolen artwork, | 监控他们发布的关于失窃画作的帖子 |
[31:46] | and hopefully the thief should reveal himself soon enough. | 不出意外窃贼很快就会暴露自己 |
[31:51] | “Give to a gracious message a host of tongues, | 「悦耳的喜讯不妨极口渲染 |
[31:53] | but let ill tidings tell themselves | 不幸的噩耗还是缄口不言 |
[31:54] | when they be felt.” | 让那身受的人自己感到为好」 |
[31:56] | Why are you quoting Antony and Cleopatra? | 你为什么引用「安东尼与克莉奥佩特拉」 |
[31:58] | There was an oncologist I knew. | 我认识一个肿瘤医生 |
[31:59] | He used to recite that to himself | 他以前每次需要传达不好的诊断时 |
[32:00] | whenever he had to deliver a bad prognosis. | 都会对自己说这句话 |
[32:03] | It’s just a reminder to speak simply and honestly to a patient | 提醒自己要将消息直接真实地告诉患者 |
[32:06] | and not sugarcoat the bad news. | 而不是将坏消息裹以糖衣 |
[32:08] | – Are you going to tell me I have a tumor? – No. | -你是想说我有肿瘤了吗 -不是 |
[32:10] | I was just thinking about what you said about Fiona last night. | 我只是在想你昨晚说的关于菲欧娜的事 |
[32:14] | I mean, she’s smart, compassionate, beautiful. | 她聪明 善良 美丽 |
[32:17] | Yet you still think she might not be right for me. | 但你还是认为她不适合我 |
[32:18] | – Is that what you think? – I don’t know. | -你是这样想的吗 -我不知道 |
[32:20] | I just know that you’ve never been through a breakup before. | 我只知道你以前从未经历过分手 |
[32:24] | Fake deaths don’t count. | 假死可不算 |
[32:25] | And besides, Moriarty did that to you; | 再说 是莫里亚蒂甩了你 |
[32:27] | you did not do that to her. | 而不是你甩了她 |
[32:29] | Listen, breakups are never easy, | 分手从来都不容易 |
[32:30] | but they don’t have to be that bad. | 但没必要搞到双方难堪 |
[32:32] | So just try and remember: | 所以要记住 |
[32:34] | “Give to a gracious message a host of tongues, | 「悦耳的喜讯不妨极口渲染 |
[32:37] | but let ill tidings | 不幸的噩耗还是缄口不言 |
[32:38] | tell themselves when they be felt.” | 让那身受的人自己感到为好」 |
[32:51] | Lights up on three devious travelers of the Silk Road. | 来看看这三位丝绸之路上阴险的旅行者 |
[32:56] | Silent Wolf, Hungrybox and Doctor Bumrush. | 幽狼 饥饿拳击和布拉什医生 |
[33:01] | They are buyers and purveyors of stolen goods all, | 他们都是失窃物品的买家和供货商 |
[33:04] | and they are commiserating | 他们都在同情 |
[33:05] | about a great fraud perpetrated | 深受他们厌恶的对手波波 |
[33:07] | by their much loathed nemesis Tha PoPo. | 犯下的盗窃案 |
[33:11] | “Tha PoPo’s lying, man. | 「波波在撒谎 哥们 |
[33:12] | The art on the news is fugazi.” | 新闻上的画作是假的」 |
[33:16] | “I’m with you. | 「我同意 |
[33:17] | “Cops are trying to cover their asses. | 警察只是在糊弄 |
[33:19] | “The real LeGrands are still out there. | 真正的罗格朗还在外面 |
[33:21] | “I got a guy who knows how to get them. | 我认识一个能搞到那些画的人 |
[33:23] | Message me.” | 联系我」 |
[33:25] | “I may just do that. | 「我可能会联系你 |
[33:27] | “No chance those paintings are genuine. | 那些画作不可能是真品 |
[33:29] | “Just a transparent attempt | 明显是想搅黄 |
[33:30] | to thwart the sale of the real LeGrands.” | 真正的罗格朗画作的交易」 |
[33:32] | Okay. So, if these guys are talking about the art online, | 好吧 所以如果这些人在网上讨论那些画作 |
[33:36] | then I guess we have three good suspects. | 那我们就有三个嫌疑人了 |
[33:38] | Except they’re not three suspects. | 不过他们不是三个嫌疑人 |
[33:40] | They’re three screen names owned by one man. | 他们是同一个人的三个账号 |
[33:45] | Why don’t you just tell me what’s going on here. | 你就直接告诉我怎么回事吧 |
[33:47] | There was a great deal of chatter on the Dark Web | 暗网上有很多关于 |
[33:49] | about the heist yesterday. | 昨天盗窃案的讨论 |
[33:51] | Most notably these three posts. | 这三个人尤为显著 |
[33:53] | I compared them to internal | 我将他们的对话与证交所内部 |
[33:55] | stock exchange employee e-mails. | 员工邮件进行了对比 |
[33:57] | Distinct lexical patterns and phrases from all three | 这三人的词汇与词组重复模式 |
[33:59] | recur in correspondence written by the same man: Brian Beale. | 也出现在了同一人的通信记录中 布莱恩·比尔 |
[34:05] | He looks familiar. | 看起来挺眼熟 |
[34:06] | He should do. We passed him in the lobby yesterday. | 没错 我们昨天在大厅里曾与他擦身而过 |
[34:09] | Mr. Beale is a cyber security expert, | 比尔先生是个网络安全专家 |
[34:11] | and he works for the firm | 他供职的公司 |
[34:13] | which ran the stock exchange’s systems audit yesterday. | 昨天对证交所的系统进行了检查 |
[34:15] | So he had access to the building during the robbery, | 所以他在劫案发生时有进入大楼的权限 |
[34:18] | and he would understand the chaos | 而且他很清楚对IAO持钥人的袭击 |
[34:20] | that would be created by an attack on the IAO key-holders, | 会引发怎样的混乱 |
[34:24] | and he’s out there trying to | 同时他在暗网上试图 |
[34:26] | discredit our art recovery story. | 诋毁我们找回被窃艺术品的说辞 |
[34:28] | Marcus is going to meet us at his home in half an hour. | 马库斯半小时后在他家跟我们会面 |
[34:31] | If you wish to change your clothes, I would ask that you hurry. | 如果你想换身衣服 我得叫你动作快一点了 |
[34:37] | Landlord says he hasn’t seen Mr. Beale in a couple days. | 房东说好几天没见过比尔先生了 |
[34:40] | You recall that the back door of Arrondissement 21 | 你还记得「21区」后门 |
[34:42] | was a grotesque shade of burgundy? | 有块怪异的深红色阴影吗 |
[34:44] | Tip of this crowbar is covered in flecks of burgundy paint. | 这根撬棒的尖端沾有深红色油漆的碎屑 |
[34:47] | Perhaps it’s the tool used to break into the restaurant | 也许这就是那把用来撬开餐馆的工具 |
[34:49] | so that Mr. Beale could envenomate the foie gras. | 这样比尔先生就可以给鹅肝酱注入毒液了 |
[34:52] | Could be enough for a conviction right there. | 这些证据对于定罪来说应该够了 |
[34:55] | Well, it might be enough to sate your future girlfriend, | 让你的未来女友开心也许够了 |
[34:58] | but professional pride requires recovered paintings, real ones. | 但职业荣誉感是要通过找回真品画作获得的 |
[35:04] | Wherever those paintings are, | 不管那些画作在哪 |
[35:05] | we’re gonna have to find them ourselves. | 我们都得自己去找了 |
[35:15] | He’s gone. | 他死了 |
[35:16] | Still warm. 30 minutes, maybe. | 尸体尚有余温 可能刚死半小时 |
[35:18] | I’ll call for a bus and CSU. | 我打电话叫运尸车和鉴证组来 |
[35:21] | Coagulopathy in the tear ducts, | 泪腺中的凝血病变 |
[35:23] | discoloration of the armpits, swollen glands. | 腋窝处褪色 腺体浮肿 |
[35:25] | Venom, no doubt. | 毫无疑问是蛇毒 |
[35:27] | This time delivered straight from the fangs | 这回毒液是直接通过海岸太攀蛇的 |
[35:29] | of a deadly coastal taipan. | 毒牙注入的 |
[35:31] | How can you tell? | 你怎么知道的 |
[35:32] | There’s one right behind your foot. | 有一条就在你脚后 |
[35:38] | What do I do? | 我该怎么办 |
[35:40] | I’m gonna look that up. | 我来查一下 |
[35:42] | I’d start with “Don’t get bitten.” | 先从「别被咬」做起吧 |
[35:52] | Hey, this just came for you. | 这是刚送来给你的 |
[35:57] | What’s Clyde doing out? | 克莱德怎么出来了 |
[35:59] | He’s having a walk while we sublet his terrarium. | 在我们占用它的保育箱时散散步 |
[36:02] | I-Is that… | 那是… |
[36:04] | Oxyuranuss cutellatus. Yes, the very same | 太攀蛇 没错 就是布莱恩·比尔 |
[36:06] | coastal taipan from Brian Beale’s apartment. | 公寓里的那条海岸太攀蛇 |
[36:09] | The venom from that snake killed eight people, | 这条蛇身上的毒液杀死了八个人 |
[36:10] | including the last person who kept it as a pet. | 包括最后那位把它当做宠物的人 |
[36:12] | I thought that Animal Control was impounding it. | 之前动物管理局不是在处理它了吗 |
[36:15] | An animal shelter is no place for an exotic reptile. | 动物收容所并不是异国爬行动物的良好居所 |
[36:17] | It would be destroyed. We’re just looking after it | 它会被毁了的 我们只是在把它交给 |
[36:20] | until I can deliver it to a friend at the zoo. | 我动物园的朋友前暂时照顾它一下 |
[36:22] | In the meantime, i’m just enjoying its company. | 与此同时 我很享受它的陪伴 |
[36:24] | It’s quite beautiful, don’t you think? | 挺美的 你不觉得吗 |
[36:26] | And dangerous. | 还很危险 |
[36:27] | In my experience, those two traits are often a package deal. | 根据我的经验 这两种特征通常是打包出现的 |
[36:30] | Oh, you’re still obsessing about your theory, huh? | 你还在执着于你的那个理论啊 |
[36:34] | It’s more than a theory; it’s a likelihood. | 不仅是个理论 这是种可能性 |
[36:37] | Brian Beale had a partner. | 布莱恩·比尔有个同伙 |
[36:39] | We found the blueprints | 我们在比尔的书桌上 |
[36:40] | to the U.S. Stock Exchange on Beale’s desk; | 找到了美国证交所的蓝图 |
[36:42] | we found the crowbar that he used to break into the restaurant | 我们找到了他用来闯入餐馆给IAO持钥人 |
[36:45] | to poison the IAO key-holders; | 下毒的那根撬棒 |
[36:48] | we found the source of the poison. | 我们还找到了毒素的来源 |
[36:50] | I’m not disputing that Brian Beale was involved. | 我并不是在争辩布莱恩·比尔是否涉及此案 |
[36:52] | I’m disputing that he acted alone. | 我争辩的是他是否是独自行动的 |
[36:54] | I don’t think that snake belonged to him. | 我不认为那条蛇是他的 |
[36:56] | I think it belongs to his partner. | 我觉得是他同伙的 |
[36:58] | There was a terrarium in Beale’s bedroom. | 比尔的卧室里有个保育箱 |
[37:00] | He had snake food. | 他有蛇饲料 |
[37:02] | He even had snake medication. | 他甚至还有给蛇用的药物 |
[37:04] | All easy enough to plant. | 这些都很容易栽赃 |
[37:07] | Have a whiff of that snake. | 闻一下那条蛇 |
[37:08] | You’ll notice a very distinctive musk. | 你会注意到一种非常特别的麝香 |
[37:10] | And I only mention it because… | 而我提到这一点是因为 |
[37:13] | Mr. Beale’s apartment did not smell of musk in the slightest. | 比尔先生的公寓里连一丁点那种香味都闻不到 |
[37:16] | Yeah, I’m gonna have to take your word on that. | 好吧 我直接信你了 |
[37:18] | Yes, the optimal temperature for a coastal taipan | 适宜海岸太攀蛇生活的理想温度 |
[37:21] | is 75 degrees Fahrenheit. | 是24摄氏度 |
[37:23] | Mr. Beale’s thermostat kept his home at a crisp 67 degrees. | 比尔先生家的温控器将室内恒温在19摄氏度 |
[37:26] | It’s much too chilly for a tropical snake. | 这温度对于一条热带蛇来说太冷了 |
[37:28] | That only proves he’s an inconsiderate roommate to reptiles. | 那只能证明他没有替他的爬行动物室友着想 |
[37:32] | It does not prove that he had a partner | 并不能证明他有个同伙 |
[37:33] | who framed and killed him. | 陷害并杀害了他 |
[37:35] | You must admit the timing of his death is highly suspicious; | 你得承认他死亡的时机非常可疑 |
[37:38] | we’re meant to believe | 我们难道应该相信 |
[37:39] | that he successfully milked a deadly snake for months, | 他成功地从一条致命毒蛇上萃取了数月的毒液 |
[37:41] | only to be bitten one day after he fenced the stolen paintings? | 却在销赃失窃画作一天后被同一条蛇咬死了吗 |
[37:45] | Okay, so who’s the missing thief? | 好吧 那这位失踪的小偷是谁 |
[37:47] | Who’s trying to frame Brian Beale? | 谁在试图陷害布莱恩·比尔 |
[37:50] | When this argument began, I wasn’t sure. | 刚想到这个推理的时候 我并不确定 |
[37:52] | But that was before a friend of mine | 但那是我在哥伦比亚大学 |
[37:53] | at Columbia’s herpetology department | 爬行动物系的朋友 |
[37:55] | lent me the skeleton of a coastal taipan. | 借给我一条海岸太攀蛇骨骼之前 |
[37:57] | I wasn’t about to try my experiment on the fangs of a live one. | 我本来也不准备用一条活蛇的毒牙做实验 |
[38:01] | But now I know. | 但现在我知道了 |
[38:04] | I’ve seen these exact same markings before. | 我此前看过跟这一模一样的牙印 |
[38:11] | This is ridiculous. | 这太荒谬了 |
[38:12] | H-How did you even get a warrant? | 你们是怎么弄到搜查令的 |
[38:14] | We looked through the trash | 我们检查了你昨晚 |
[38:15] | you put out on the curb last night, Mr. Lima. | 丢在路边的垃圾 利玛先生 |
[38:18] | We found pet store receipts that show you purchased | 我们发现了宠物店的购物小票 上面显示 |
[38:20] | the supplies needed to house | 你购买了饲养一条海岸太攀蛇 |
[38:22] | and feed a coastal taipan. | 所需的各种物品 |
[38:24] | The venom from that species | 那种蛇的毒液 |
[38:26] | poisoned seven people at Arrondissement 21 | 毒死了「21区」的七个人 |
[38:29] | and killed your friend Brian Beale. | 以及你的朋友布莱恩·比尔 |
[38:32] | I don’t even know who that is. | 我根本不知道那是谁 |
[38:34] | Sure you do. You went to Gracely High together. | 你当然知道 你们一起念的格瑞斯高中 |
[38:36] | You signed his yearbook. We found it at his apartment. | 你给他签过纪念册 我们在他公寓找到了 |
[38:39] | Go Tigers. | 老虎加油 |
[38:40] | You also got a parking ticket down the block from the restaurant | 你在餐厅的街尾违规停车还被开了罚单 |
[38:43] | 3:15 a.m. on the night the place was broken into. | 就在餐厅被闯入那晚的凌晨3:15 |
[38:45] | We’re certain that you were the burglar that evening. | 我们确信你就是那晚的窃贼 |
[38:47] | You staged a robbery at your own kitchen | 你在自家厨房布置了一场抢劫 |
[38:49] | to throw suspicion off other members of staff such as yourself. | 好让其他员工摆脱嫌疑 比如你自己 |
[38:53] | I ate some of that foie gras, remember? | 那鹅肝酱我也吃了 记得吗 |
[38:55] | I was sick for two days. | 我病了两天 |
[38:56] | Now, why in the hell would I dose myself with snake venom? | 我为什么要给我自己下蛇毒 |
[39:00] | Because you’re immune. | 因为你对蛇毒免疫 |
[39:01] | As you well know, there’s a process called mithridatism. | 你知道可以通过逐渐增加服毒剂量来产生抗毒性 |
[39:04] | It’s named after King Mithridates VI, | 这是以米特里达梯六世国王命名的一种方法 |
[39:07] | ruler of ancient Pontus. | 他是古本都的统治者 |
[39:08] | He was so afraid of being poisoned | 他特别害怕自己被毒害 |
[39:09] | that he would regularly ingest very small doses | 于是每天会涉入非常小剂量的 |
[39:12] | of various toxins in order to build up an immunity. | 各类毒素 以建立免疫力 |
[39:17] | I-I think you may have seen The Princess Bride | 我想你可能看「公主新娘」 |
[39:20] | one too many times. | 看多了吧 |
[39:21] | Except that iocane powder is fictional. | 只是电影里的魔粉是虚构的 |
[39:24] | Immunizing yourself against snake venom | 而让你自己对蛇毒免疫 |
[39:26] | is a scientific reality. | 却是科学现实 |
[39:28] | Last night, I had the opportunity to examine | 昨晚 我有机会检查了 |
[39:30] | the jaws of a coastal taipan. | 一条海岸太攀蛇的下颌 |
[39:33] | I realized that the scars on your hands, | 我想起了你手上的伤疤 |
[39:35] | scars I initially attributed to your work as a line cook, | 之前我以为那是你当帮厨留下的 |
[39:38] | were in fact a perfect match | 我想到那其实 |
[39:40] | for the taipan’s symmetrical bite pattern. | 跟太攀蛇的对称咬痕非常吻合 |
[39:42] | And it makes sense that you’ve been bitten. | 而且你被咬过也完全说得通 |
[39:44] | You’d been handling that snake for months, | 你几个月来都在处理那蛇 |
[39:45] | milking it to draw out its venom. | 给它挤蛇毒 |
[39:47] | Hard work pays off. | 艰难的工作取得了回报 |
[39:49] | You managed to poison the key-holder lunch | 你成功在持钥人的午饭里下了毒 |
[39:51] | without anybody looking in your direction. | 而根本没人怀疑过你 |
[39:53] | And it set up your next play– | 然后你设下了下一出戏 |
[39:55] | robbing those paintings from the stock exchange. | 从证交所偷了那些画 |
[39:58] | You got too greedy | 不过你变得太贪婪 |
[39:59] | when you decided not to share with Brian, though. | 决定不跟布莱恩分享成果了 |
[40:01] | Up until that point, pretty tight plan. | 在那之前 你的计划都天衣无缝 |
[40:05] | All your, uh… evidence | 你的所有…「证据」 |
[40:08] | is circumstantial. | 都只是偶然 |
[40:10] | I mean… | 我是说 |
[40:12] | I went to high school with Brian Beale. | 我是跟布莱恩·比尔一起念过高中 |
[40:15] | So did 900 other people. | 我们学校还有其他九百多号人呢 |
[40:17] | And, yeah, I got a parking ticket that night. | 对 我那晚违规停车被开了罚单 |
[40:20] | That happened a half a dozen other nights, too. | 可这种事在其他晚上也发生过很多次 |
[40:22] | I leave my car at work and take the subway home | 如果我下班喝多了 我就会把车 |
[40:25] | if I have too much to drink after hours. | 留在工作的地方 搭地铁回家 |
[40:28] | You may have had enough for a… A warrant, | 你也许有足够的证据申请搜查令 |
[40:30] | but if you had enough to arrest me, you already would have. | 但你要是有足够的证据逮捕我 那我早被抓了 |
[40:35] | I’m right, aren’t I? | 我说的没错吧 |
[40:36] | We’re not quite ready to answer that question just yet, Mr. Lima. | 这话现在还不好说 利玛先生 |
[40:40] | Uh, what are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[40:44] | Something’s preventing the water from soaking into the soil here. | 有东西在阻止水渗进这里的土里 |
[40:47] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[40:48] | Tree pythons are… | 树莽是… |
[40:50] | nocturnal, right? | 夜行动物 对吧 |
[40:52] | I think. | 我觉得是 |
[41:05] | I have to give you credit | 我必须得夸你 |
[41:06] | for devising such a clever hiding place, Mr. Lima. | 想到了这么聪明的藏匿地 利玛先生 |
[41:09] | He will be arresting you now. | 他现在能逮捕你了 |
[41:16] | Oh, there you are. I just heard from Marcus. | 你在这呢 我刚听马库斯说了 |
[41:19] | The curator at the Whitney took a look at the painting | 证交所的管理员看了 |
[41:21] | you found in the python terrarium. | 你在蟒蛇箱里找到的画 |
[41:23] | It’s the real McCoy. | 是麦考伊的真迹 |
[41:25] | Or LeGrand, as it were. | 那是罗格朗 |
[41:27] | That’s one down. | 找到了一幅 |
[41:28] | Actually, the other two should be recovered soon. | 另两幅应该很快也能找回来了 |
[41:30] | Mateo Lima’s case went federal. | 马泰奥·利玛的案子交给联邦了 |
[41:31] | He took a deal | 他达成了协议 |
[41:32] | and gave up the name of the guy who bought them. | 供出了要买他们的人的名字 |
[41:34] | Wise move. | 明智之举 |
[41:36] | The U.S. Government could inject him with poisons | 美国政府可以给他注射 |
[41:37] | he’s not inoculated against. | 他不免疫的毒素 |
[41:40] | I’m going out for coffee. You want to join? | 我要去喝咖啡 你去吗 |
[41:42] | I can’t. I have a video chat with Fiona. | 去不了 我要跟菲欧娜视频聊天 |
[41:46] | You know, I bet she’d love to hear about this case. | 我相信她肯定会对这案子有兴趣 |
[41:52] | Enjoy your coffee, Watson. | 好好享受你的咖啡 华生 |
[42:01] | “Give to the gracious message a host of tongues, | 「悦耳的喜讯不妨极口渲染 |
[42:03] | “But let ill tidings tell themselves… | 不幸的噩耗还是缄口不言 |
[42:06] | when they be felt.” | 让那身受的人自己感到为好」 |