时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Subject is a 54-year-old Caucasian male, | 对象是名五十四岁白种人男性 |
[00:07] | moderately overweight. | 中度超重 |
[00:09] | The hair on the left side of the head is matted with blood, | 头部左侧的头发沾染了血迹 |
[00:11] | but there are no apparent external wounds. | 但没有明显的外部伤口 |
[00:14] | Because he was stabbed through the ear. | 因为他是从耳部被刺的 |
[00:18] | Ice pick? | 碎冰锥 |
[00:19] | Stiletto knife. | 雕刻刀 |
[00:20] | The assailant was right-handed, shorter than the victim, | 攻击者惯用右手 比受害者矮 |
[00:23] | probably a woman. | 可能是个女人 |
[00:25] | The victim knew her | 受害者认识她 |
[00:26] | or was at least comfortable enough with her | 或者最起码和她一起很放松 |
[00:28] | to let his guard down. | 因此放松了警惕 |
[00:30] | You here for a reason or just to show off? | 你是有事相求还是来显摆的 |
[00:33] | I’m here about the Gupta case. | 我是为了盖普达案子来的 |
[00:35] | Watson and I believe we’ve identified | 华生和我认为我们找出了 |
[00:36] | the individual who murdered him. | 那个谋杀他的人 |
[00:39] | Trouble is, the DNA evidence doesn’t match our suspect. | 问题是 DNA证据与我们的嫌犯不符 |
[00:43] | Or anyone else in Mr. Gupta’s life. | 也不是其他任何与盖普达先生相关的人 |
[00:46] | There’s no way anyone but the killer left that sample. | 除了杀手 别人不可能留下那个样本 |
[00:49] | I agree. It’s the only thing that makes sense. | 我同意 那是唯一合理的解释 |
[00:51] | So I did a little digging and I found the DNA’s source. | 所以我做了些调查 发现了DNA的源头 |
[00:55] | Great. | 太好了 |
[00:56] | Who was it? | 是谁的 |
[00:56] | You. | 你的 |
[00:58] | You are the killer, according to the evidence. | 你就是杀手 按证据来看的话 |
[01:03] | Got a sample of your DNA from a discarded water bottle. | 我从你丢弃的水瓶上提取了DNA样本 |
[01:06] | An outside lab compared that to the test results | 一家外围实验室将测试结果 |
[01:08] | from the sample found on the body. | 与在尸体上找到的样本做了比对 |
[01:11] | Perfect match. | 完全吻合 |
[01:17] | I contaminated the sample with my own DNA. | 我自己的DNA污染了样本 |
[01:20] | Obviously it was a mistake. | 显然是个疏忽 |
[01:21] | These things happen from time to time. | 这种事偶尔会发生 |
[01:23] | Never on my watch. | 我这里绝对不会 |
[01:26] | Can you still close the case? | 你还能结案吗 |
[01:28] | We have enough evidence to put the true culprit away for life. | 我们有足够的证据让真凶被终身监禁 |
[01:32] | But the contaminated DNA test | 但是受污染的DNA测试 |
[01:33] | will complicate things for the prosecutor. | 会给检察官那里添麻烦 |
[01:36] | They’re gonna want me to testify, explain what happened. | 他们会让我出庭作证 解释这事 |
[01:42] | Thanks for letting me know. | 谢谢你通知我了 |
[01:46] | You still on for chess this Thursday? | 这周四还要下棋吗 |
[01:49] | Been brushing up on my Dvoretsky. | 我一直在练德沃列茨基棋局 |
[01:52] | You’re gonna have your hands full. | 你估计要棋逢对手了 |
[01:54] | Looking forward to it. | 十分期待 |
[02:39] | Mister, you okay?! | 先生 你没事吧 |
[02:40] | Oh, no, no, no, no. | 不不不 |
[02:42] | Mister. | 先生 |
[03:01] | Nice place. | 好地方 |
[03:02] | It’s a grotesquery. | 这就是个怪物 |
[03:04] | It’s an edifice to its owner’s wealth. | 是这里的主人用财富堆砌起来的 |
[03:07] | It’s a brag made of brick, stone and drywall. | 是用砖块 石头和石膏板构成的炫耀 |
[03:10] | My late father built it. | 是我先父盖的 |
[03:13] | After he plowed over two farms and a school. | 在他拆掉两座农场和一座学校之后 |
[03:17] | He named it Baskerville Hall. | 他称其为巴斯克维尔大厅 |
[03:19] | Small wonder that your father and mine were friends. | 难怪你我的父亲是朋友呢 |
[03:21] | Sherlock Holmes. | 夏洛克·福尔摩斯 |
[03:22] | Henry. | 亨利 |
[03:23] | And you must be Miss Watson. | 你一定是华生小姐了 |
[03:24] | Yes. Hi. | 是的 你好 |
[03:26] | He sends his condolences, my father. | 我父亲向您表示哀悼 |
[03:28] | I appreciate that. | 我很感激 |
[03:29] | You said that you had some concerns over your brother’s death. | 你说你对你哥哥的死有些疑虑 |
[03:32] | I read about what happened. | 我读到了事情经过 |
[03:33] | According to the news, it was an accident. | 据新闻所说 那是场意外 |
[03:35] | The coroner’s report said he was running, | 验尸官报告说他当时在跑步 |
[03:37] | slipped off an embankment and got hit by a truck. | 滑落路堤然后被车撞了 |
[03:40] | You sound skeptical. | 你听起来有些质疑 |
[03:42] | Charles ran in Central Park every day. | 查尔斯每天都在中央公园跑步 |
[03:43] | He knew those trails backwards and forwards. | 他对那条路了如指掌 |
[03:45] | He wouldn’t run near the top of an embankment like that, | 他不会那么靠近路堤跑步的 |
[03:47] | let alone accidentally falling into traffic. | 更别说不小心掉下去被车撞了 |
[03:50] | So you think he was pushed. | 所以你认为他是被推下去的 |
[03:51] | All I know is my family has a lot of money. | 我只知道我家有很多钱 |
[03:54] | And where there’s money… | 而哪里有钱 |
[03:55] | There’s motive for murder. | 哪里就有谋杀动机 |
[03:58] | Who stands to inherit in the event of Charles’s death? | 谁会在查尔斯死后继承遗产 |
[04:02] | I do. | 是我 |
[04:03] | But I loved Charles. | 但是我爱查尔斯 |
[04:05] | And I already have more money than I know what to do with. | 而我的钱早已经多得不知道怎么花了 |
[04:07] | I think this may be about his business. | 我想这可能跟他的生意有关 |
[04:10] | He was a venture capitalist. | 他是个风险投资人 |
[04:11] | He invested in tech start-ups, and he was uncompromising | 他投资新兴科技 并且在事关 |
[04:15] | when it came to the companies he backed. | 他所投资的公司时 态度很强硬 |
[04:16] | I’m sure he made enemies. | 我相信他树立了不少敌人 |
[04:19] | Are you thinking of anyone specific? | 你能想到具体的人吗 |
[04:21] | No. I just think it’s the best place to start. | 没有 但我觉得是个好的开始 |
[04:23] | Understood. | 明白了 |
[04:25] | But any talk of motive is premature at this point. | 但目前任何对于动机的揣测都言之过早 |
[04:27] | We would start by establishing the facts of the case. | 我们应该开始寻找案件中的事实 |
[04:31] | So you’ll look into it? | 所以你会调查了 |
[04:34] | We’ll examine the scene of Charles’s death. | 我们会调查查尔斯死亡的现场 |
[04:36] | But not because of your connection to my father. | 但不是因为你和我父亲的关系 |
[04:38] | If anything, we’re gonna have to look past that. | 或者说 我们完全忽视掉这一点好了 |
[04:41] | I’ll pay you whatever you need. | 我会付给你想要的金额 |
[04:43] | My thoughts exactly. | 我也是这么想的 |
[04:44] | We’ll be in touch. | 我们再联络 |
[04:57] | Henry Baskerville’s wrong. | 亨利·巴斯克维尔错了 |
[05:00] | His brother wasn’t pushed, he was chased. | 他弟弟没有被推下去 而是被追的 |
[05:03] | Looks like he ran straight through these bushes. | 看起来他径直穿越了这些树丛 |
[05:05] | He must’ve been scraped up pretty badly, | 他肯定被刮得很惨 |
[05:07] | but he never slowed down. | 但他没有慢下来 |
[05:09] | Adrenaline narrows the field of vision. | 肾上腺素会让视野变小 |
[05:12] | Hence the term “A blind panic.” | 所以才有了”盲目恐慌”一词 |
[05:14] | It was night. | 事发在晚上 |
[05:15] | Charles was fleeing a relentless pursuer. | 查尔斯在逃离无情的追踪者 |
[05:18] | He was running at full speed and he glanced behind him | 他全速奔跑并且不时地向后看 |
[05:21] | at whoever was chasing him. | 看追他的那个人 |
[05:23] | He wouldn’t have seen the embankment | 他没能看到路堤 |
[05:24] | until it was too late. | 直到一切都太晚了 |
[05:26] | The question is: who was chasing him? | 问题是 谁在追他 |
[05:28] | Ground’s frozen; has been for some time. | 地面都冻住了 有一段时间了 |
[05:32] | So no footprints. | 也就是没有脚印 |
[05:34] | But… notice how these branches are broken twice. | 不过 这些树枝都被折断了两次 |
[05:39] | Once by Charles, | 一次是被查尔斯 |
[05:40] | once by his pursuer. | 另一次是追他的人 |
[05:43] | Whoever was chasing him was big. | 不管是谁在追他 身形很高大 |
[05:46] | Several inches wider than Charles. | 比查尔斯宽几厘米 |
[05:48] | Ran with a low stance. | 跑步时重心很低 |
[06:06] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[06:08] | Someone else. | 还有一个人 |
[06:10] | A third party. | 有个第三方 |
[06:12] | Forced their way through here from just behind this tree. | 从这棵树后面穿过了这里 |
[06:16] | Headed south. | 往南去了 |
[06:18] | Away from Charles and whoever was chasing him. | 逃离了查尔斯和追他的人 |
[06:24] | Judging by the degree of browning on the breaking points of this twig, | 根据这根枝条断裂处的变色程度 |
[06:27] | I’d say that both paths | 我敢说这两条路 |
[06:28] | were created at roughly the same time. | 几乎是同时出现的 |
[06:31] | So maybe a witness. | 也许是个目击者 |
[06:32] | Saw something, ran. | 看到些东西 然后跑了 |
[06:35] | What was he doing here, alone in the middle of the night | 大冬天的深更半夜他一个人 |
[06:37] | in the dead of winter? | 在这里干什么 |
[06:40] | He was drinking. | 他在喝酒 |
[06:43] | Fortified wine of the cheapest variety. | 最便宜的那种烈酒 |
[06:53] | It’s from a liquor store just half a mile south of here. | 是从南边八百米处的那家小酒馆买的 |
[06:56] | Time-stamped an hour before Charles’s death. | 时间是在查尔斯死前一个小时 |
[06:59] | Should be more than enough for you to track down our witness. | 应该足够你去追查我们的目击者了 |
[07:02] | Me? | 我 |
[07:03] | Where you going? | 你要去哪 |
[07:05] | It’s the first Thursday of the month. | 今天是这个月第一个周四 |
[07:08] | Wait, you’re leaving to go play chess? | 等等 你是要去下象棋吗 |
[07:17] | Hey, spare a little change? | 能给点零钱吗 |
[07:20] | Hey, s-spare some change for an Iraq vet? | 能给伊拉克老兵一点零钱吗 |
[07:22] | Here you go. | 给你 |
[07:25] | I’d like to ask you a few questions. | 我想问你几个问题 |
[07:27] | Pretty lady gives me a 20, she can do whatever she wants. | 漂亮姑娘给我二十块 想要什么都行 |
[07:30] | You bought a bottle of fortified wine | 你几天前晚上 |
[07:31] | from BRN Liquor a few nights ago. | 在BRN酒馆买了一瓶烈酒 |
[07:34] | They gave me your name, said you were a regular, | 他们给了我你的名字 说你是常客 |
[07:36] | told me that you work this area. | 告诉我你在这片工作 |
[07:38] | They treat me okay. | 他们对我还不错 |
[07:39] | They don’t act like I got the plague or nothing. | 没把我当成麻烦之类的 |
[07:42] | You brought the bottle to the park, | 你把那瓶酒带到公园去了 |
[07:43] | and then you saw something that scared you, and you ran away. | 然后你看到一些很恐怖的东西 你就跑了 |
[07:49] | I don’t want to talk to you anymore. | 我不想再跟你谈了 |
[07:51] | Hey, I just want to know what you saw. | 我只是想知道你看到了什么 |
[07:53] | No, y-you’re from the hospital. | 不 你是从医院来的 |
[07:55] | Y-You just want me to say something crazy | 你只想让我说一些疯话 |
[07:56] | so you can take me away. | 这样你就可以把我带走了 |
[07:58] | Y-You want me to take my meds. | 你想让我吃药 |
[07:59] | No, I just want to know what you saw. | 不 我只想知道你看到了什么 |
[08:01] | And I want to help you find a place to stay tonight. | 而且我想帮你找个今晚住的地方 |
[08:03] | Here, you can take the money either way. | 给 不管怎样你都可以拿着这钱 |
[08:09] | There was this guy. | 当时有个人 |
[08:10] | H-He was running, he was afraid. | 他在跑 他很害怕 |
[08:13] | Did you see who was chasing him? | 你看到是谁在追他了吗 |
[08:15] | It wasn’t a who, it was a what. | 不是谁 是什么 |
[08:19] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[08:20] | It was an animal. | 那是个动物 |
[08:22] | Big like a… like a bear or like a giant wolf. | 很大 像熊或者巨狼一样 |
[08:27] | It had this-this crazy growl like… | 它在疯狂地嚎叫… |
[08:34] | And it was glowing. | 而且它在发光 |
[08:36] | Like a lantern. | 像灯笼一样 |
[08:39] | It was glowing? | 它在发光 |
[08:45] | Checkmate. | 将军 |
[08:47] | The usual. | 一如既往 |
[08:49] | Actually, Eugene, your play has been distinctly subpar today. | 尤金 你今天明显发挥失常 |
[08:52] | Are you aware that our average game | 你知道我们的棋局 |
[08:54] | lasts approximately 46 moves? | 平均要下46步吗 |
[08:56] | I don’t really keep track. | 我可没数过 |
[08:58] | It speaks to your skill. | 这说明了你的水平 |
[09:00] | And yet, today we’ve played four games of | 但今天我们下的四局棋 |
[09:01] | 21, 33, 28 and 19 moves. | 分别是21 33 28和19步 |
[09:05] | Add that to your rather sleepy disposition, | 再加上你昏昏欲睡的状态 |
[09:06] | your work on the Gupta case, and, uh… | 你在盖普达案子上的事 还有… |
[09:10] | I must say, I’m concerned. | 我必须得说 我很担心 |
[09:13] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[09:16] | Two months ago, a bomb went off in this facility | 两个月前 一颗炸弹在这栋楼里爆炸 |
[09:18] | and a close friend of yours was killed in the blast. | 而你的一位好友在爆炸中丧生 |
[09:21] | You yourself were nearly killed. | 你自己也差点没命 |
[09:24] | I can only imagine the trepidation you must feel | 我只能想象你来这里工作 |
[09:26] | coming to work here. | 一定觉得很恐慌 |
[09:27] | It’s a small wonder you’ve started | 你在工作时 |
[09:28] | taking anti-anxiety medication while at work. | 服用抗焦虑药物也就不足为奇了 |
[09:37] | Lot of people take anti-anxiety meds. | 很多人都吃抗焦虑药 |
[09:38] | That may be, but based on my observations, | 也许是 但根据我的观察 |
[09:41] | you’re taking an unusually large dose, | 你服用了很大的剂量 |
[09:43] | enough to produce mild cognitive impairment. | 足够产生轻微的认知力损伤 |
[09:45] | 19 moves, Eugene. | 19步 尤金 |
[09:47] | And you missed an obvious avenue of escape. | 而且你错过了一条明显的出路 |
[09:50] | I’m sorry I’m not giving good chess. | 很抱歉我棋艺不精 |
[09:53] | Like you said, I have a lot on my mind. | 如你所说 我脑子里有很多事 |
[09:55] | Yeah, and yet you’re not in therapy. | 对 但你没有参加心理治疗 |
[09:57] | You’re just self-medicating. | 你只是自己吃药 |
[09:58] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[10:02] | Lunch break’s over. I should get back to it. | 午休结束了 我该回去了 |
[10:04] | You’ve got another 13 minutes. | 你还有13分钟 |
[10:05] | Yeah, well, maybe I’ve taken enough beatings for one day. | 没错 也许我今天已经输够了 |
[10:09] | Thanks for the games. | 多谢你跟我下棋 |
[10:27] | What’s all that? | 那都是什么 |
[10:28] | Case materials. | 案件材料 |
[10:30] | Those are old cases. What are they doing back up here? | 都是陈年旧案 你弄过来干什么 |
[10:33] | I expected you home hours ago. | 我都等你一个多小时了 |
[10:34] | Were you not able to find the man who witnessed | 你没能找到那个目睹了 |
[10:35] | Charles Baskerville’s run through the woods? | 查尔斯·巴斯克维尔在树林里奔跑的人吗 |
[10:38] | I found him. | 我找到他了 |
[10:40] | Helped him find a shelter. | 给他找了个收容所 |
[10:41] | He was homeless. | 他是个流浪汉 |
[10:42] | Did he see who was chasing Charles? | 他看到是谁在追查尔斯了吗 |
[10:47] | Sort of. | 算是吧 |
[10:50] | Giant, glowing wolf. | 发光的巨狼 |
[10:52] | Or a very small bear. | 或者是个小熊 |
[10:55] | Like I said, the guy was off his meds, | 我说过了 那家伙停了药 |
[10:57] | he was drunk. I mean… | 当时还喝醉了 |
[11:00] | Why do you look like you’re taking this seriously? | 你为什么一副把这事当真了的表情 |
[11:02] | Because it is, in its way, | 因为这就是真的 |
[11:04] | a confirmation that Charles was chased to his death. | 这样就能确定查尔斯是被追赶致死的 |
[11:06] | By a giant four-legged animal | 被一头巨大的四脚动物追 |
[11:08] | that was lit up like a lantern. | 身体还像灯笼一样发着光 |
[11:10] | As you said, | 如你所说 |
[11:11] | the man you spoke with was in an altered state– | 你找到的那个人当时处于迷离状态 |
[11:13] | maybe two– | 没吃药还醉酒 |
[11:14] | but he was there and he did see something. | 但他当时在场也的确目睹了经过 |
[11:17] | What if Charles’s pursuer was just a large man | 有没有可能追查尔斯的是个身材高大 |
[11:20] | in bulky, light-reflecting winter gear? | 穿着笨重 反光冬装的人 |
[11:22] | Oh, you have a very large man in mind? | 你想到哪个高个子了吗 |
[11:25] | While you were out, | 你不在家的时候 |
[11:26] | Henry Baskerville gave me access | 亨利·巴斯克维尔把他哥哥的 |
[11:27] | to his brother’s social media account. | 社交网络账号给我了 |
[11:30] | As you know, it’s common for such accounts to become memorials | 你也知道 通常情况下如果用户死亡 |
[11:32] | in the event of their user’s death. | 这些账号就会成为纪念主页 |
[11:35] | I wanted to see who had visited Charles’s page | 我想看看哪些人访问过查尔斯的页面 |
[11:37] | and who’d left their condolences, and I discovered this. | 哪些人留下了吊唁 然后我发现了这个 |
[11:43] | It’s a messaging app. | 这是消息应用 |
[11:45] | There are two distinct inboxes– | 有两个不同的收件箱 |
[11:47] | one for friends and one for messages from strangers. | 一个是好友的留言 另一个是陌生人的消息 |
[11:50] | There’s no evidence that Charles ever accessed either of them. | 没有证据表明查尔斯查看过它们 |
[11:53] | But the second inbox drew my attention. | 但这第二个收件箱引起了我的注意 |
[11:57] | “You’re committing crimes against nature. | “你的罪行违反了自然规律 |
[11:59] | You will reap the whirlwind.” | 总有一天你会自食其果” |
[12:02] | These are death threats. | 这些都是死亡威胁 |
[12:03] | All left by the same anonymous user. | 都是同一个匿名用户的留言 |
[12:06] | He apparently took issue with Charles’s biotech ventures | 他明显不同意查尔斯对其公司下设机构 |
[12:09] | under the aegis of one of his companies, baskerville Genetics. | 巴斯克维尔基因公司进行生物技术投资 |
[12:13] | Producers of such horrors as drought-resistant rice | 这种恐怖的机构会研制出抗旱的大米 |
[12:15] | and improved-yield cotton. | 高品质的棉花 |
[12:18] | And you couldn’t find him. | 但你查不出这人的身份 |
[12:19] | He’s proven quite adept at concealing his identity. | 他很擅长隐藏身份 |
[12:22] | But he did let slip one telling personal detail. | 但他却露出了能暴露个人信息的破绽 |
[12:27] | “Pray we never meet in person. | “祈祷咱们不会在现实中碰面吧 |
[12:29] | I’m twice your size.” | 我身材可比你大两倍” |
[12:33] | You really think that someone killed Charles | 你们真的认为有人因为我们的工作 |
[12:36] | because of the work we were doing? | 而杀死了查尔斯 |
[12:38] | The work you do is controversial. | 你们的工作本来就饱受争议 |
[12:40] | Well, it shouldn’t be. | 不该有这么大的争议 |
[12:42] | As you can see, the genetically modified organisms we create | 你们也看到了 我们生产的转基因生物 |
[12:45] | are harmless. | 是无害的 |
[12:47] | Pest-resistant potatoes. | 抗虫害的土豆 |
[12:49] | Hens that can produce more eggs. | 产蛋更多的母鸡 |
[12:51] | The fact remains, | 尽管事实如此 |
[12:52] | Charles Baskerville received death threats | 但查尔斯还是因为与这家实验室的关系 |
[12:53] | over his association with this lab, and then died. | 收到了死亡威胁 随后就死了 |
[12:56] | Well, we all receive threats. | 我们都会收到死亡威胁 |
[12:58] | It’s a hazard of the trade. | 这是这项事业的风险所在 |
[13:00] | One of the people who sent threats to Charles stood out. | 给查尔斯发死亡威胁的人中有一个比较特别 |
[13:03] | The way he described himself | 他对自己的描述 |
[13:04] | fit the physical description of our killer. | 符合本案凶手的特征 |
[13:06] | We thought if he threatened anyone else here, | 我们觉得如果他曾威胁过这里其他人 |
[13:08] | we might be able to identify him. | 我们就可能找到他 |
[13:10] | If I could see the notes in question… | 能让我看看这些威胁留言吗… |
[13:13] | Sherlock has them on his phone. | 夏洛克的手机上有 |
[13:24] | That is not a pest-resistant potato. | 这可不是抗虫害土豆 |
[13:27] | No, that’s Cornwall. | 没错 它叫康沃尔 |
[13:29] | He’s a very special dog. | 是只很特别的狗 |
[13:31] | I can tell. | 看得出来 |
[13:34] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[13:37] | It’s glowing. | 它会发光 |
[13:40] | Is he also modified to account for his whereabouts | 能否说明一下 |
[13:42] | the night Charles Baskerville was murdered? | 查尔斯·巴斯克维尔死亡当晚它的下落 |
[13:52] | Good boy. | 好样的 |
[13:53] | Technically, Cornwall’s a chimera. | 严格说来 康沃尔是个多种基因嵌合体 |
[13:56] | An animal with genetic material from two different species. | 它身上有两种不同物种的遗传基因 |
[13:58] | In his case, we introduced | 在它身上 我们采用了 |
[14:00] | jellyfish DNA to make his skin bioluminescent. | 水母的DNA 令它的皮肤能够生物性发光 |
[14:03] | He seems very sweet. | 它看起来很乖 |
[14:04] | He is. | 是的 |
[14:06] | And he loved Charles. | 他也很喜欢查尔斯 |
[14:07] | They used to throw that ball around all the time. | 他们俩经常一起玩掷球 |
[14:11] | As for Cornwall’s whereabouts the night Charles died, | 至于查尔斯死亡当晚康沃尔的去向 |
[14:14] | he’s never left the lab. | 它从未离开过实验室 |
[14:15] | How can you be certain? | 你为何如此确定 |
[14:17] | We monitor him constantly. | 我们一直在监视它 |
[14:19] | The jellyfish DNA is an experiment. | 运用水母的DNA是项实验 |
[14:22] | If he stays healthy, | 如果它能保持健康稳定 |
[14:23] | that means we can introduce genetic code | 那就意味着我们可以运用基因序列 |
[14:25] | for resisting cancer | 来治疗癌症 |
[14:26] | or enhancing motor skills, controlling blood sugar. | 或增强运动技巧 控制血糖 |
[14:29] | You name it. | 用途应有尽有 |
[14:30] | Well, he could be the “GMO-trocity” | 它可能就是引发死亡威胁的 |
[14:32] | that triggered the threats. | 所谓”基因改造生物暴行” |
[14:34] | People who send those kinds of messages | 发送那种信息的人 |
[14:36] | aren’t particularly discerning in their judgments. | 不见得有那么高的辨别能力 |
[14:39] | “GMO-trocity”? | “基因改造生物暴行” |
[14:40] | The person you’re looking for used | 这字眼出自 |
[14:41] | that exact term? | 你们要找的那个人之口 |
[14:43] | Multiple times a message. | 每条信息中都运用过多次 |
[14:45] | Yes, I received similar threats. | 没错 我也收到过类似的威胁 |
[14:47] | Dozens a week. | 每星期几十次 |
[14:48] | Actually, our security people are looking into it. | 事实上 我们的保安人员正在调查这事 |
[14:51] | I’ll call them. | 我打电话问问他们 |
[14:52] | I hope by now | 希望目前 |
[14:53] | they’ve managed to locate the sender. | 他们已经找到发信人了 |
[14:59] | Mr. Selden, we work with the police. | 塞尔登先生 我们是警察局的 |
[15:00] | Please answer the door. | 请您把门打开 |
[15:02] | I can hear you breathing. Open up. | 我能听见你的呼吸声 开门 |
[15:04] | Or would you prefer we spoke with your probation officer? | 还是你想让我去找你的缓刑官谈谈 |
[15:16] | What do you want? | 你们想怎样 |
[15:20] | I heard about Charles Baskerville’s | 我在新闻上听到 |
[15:22] | little accident on the news. | 查尔斯·巴斯克维尔的小意外了 |
[15:26] | Couldn’t have happened to a nicer perverter of science. | 发生在他这科学败类身上真是罪有应得 |
[15:29] | Actually, | 事实上 |
[15:30] | we don’t think it was an accident. | 我们不认为那是意外 |
[15:32] | Not exactly. | 不完全是 |
[15:33] | We think someone was chasing him the night that he died. | 我们认为他死的那晚有人在追他 |
[15:36] | And you thought that I…? | 而你们觉得是我… |
[15:39] | Baskerville was offed Sunday night, right? | 巴斯克维尔是在周日晚上死的 对吧 |
[15:42] | Just after 9:00. | 刚过九点 |
[15:43] | I was at a comedy club with my sister. | 我当时跟我妹妹在一家喜剧俱乐部 |
[15:46] | Big mistake. | 真不应该去 |
[15:48] | Every bozo that got onstage | 每个上台表演的蠢货 |
[15:50] | made me the centerpiece of their routines. | 都拿我来取笑 |
[15:54] | Fat shaming is the last acceptable prejudice in America. | 嘲笑胖人是美国人唯一能容忍的偏见了 |
[15:59] | We found you through your posts on anti-GMO web sites. | 我们发现你在反对转基因生物的网站上发过帖 |
[16:02] | We know that you communicate with a lot of people | 我们知道你和一群跟你观点相同的人 |
[16:04] | who share your outlook. | 经常联系 |
[16:06] | Do you think any of them ever threatened Charles Baskerville? | 你觉得他们中有人威胁过查尔斯·巴斯克维尔吗 |
[16:09] | Nah. The people on those sites are mostly whiners and posers. | 没有 网站上那些人都只是发发牢骚 |
[16:13] | Unlike you? | 不像你 |
[16:15] | I put myself out there. | 我勇敢地站了出来 |
[16:17] | GMOs are a threat to human existence. | 转基因生物对人类的生存会产生威胁 |
[16:20] | Modified foods can make us sick. | 转基因食物会让我们生病 |
[16:23] | Modified diseases could wipe us out. | 转基因类的疾病会让我们灭绝 |
[16:27] | I tell the people making the stuff what’s what. | 我告诉那些从事这方面工作的人他们在做什么 |
[16:29] | So you’ve sent threats to people | 这么说你不光是给 |
[16:31] | other than the employees of Baskerville Genetics? | 巴斯克维尔基因公司的员工发过威胁信 |
[16:34] | Take a look at my research on the table. | 看看我放在桌子上的研究 |
[16:37] | Go ahead. | 随便看 |
[16:42] | You think they’re the only ones creating abominations? | 你觉得只有他们在制造这些恶心的东西吗 |
[16:49] | This is a chicken? | 这是只鸡吗 |
[16:51] | Engineered to be | 被改造成没毛的 |
[16:52] | featherless for easier processing. | 这样处理起来比较简单 |
[16:55] | You could’ve eaten one of those and not even known it. | 你们可能就吃过这种鸡却完全不知道 |
[16:59] | Hey, you should take a look at this. | 你应该看看这个 |
[17:07] | What precisely is this? | 这是什么 |
[17:09] | A war dog. | 战争狗 |
[17:10] | Made for the U.S. Military. | 为美国军方打造的 |
[17:12] | It’s supposed to be stronger, | 它应该比普通的狗 |
[17:14] | smarter and faster than a normal dog. | 更强壮 更聪明也更快 |
[17:17] | And willing to kill on command. | 而且接到命令后能够杀人 |
[17:21] | But, hey, let them | 不过 就让他们 |
[17:22] | keep telling you how harmless GMOs are. | 继续告诉你转基因生物是无害的吧 |
[17:27] | Oh, I’ll admit Charles and I had our disagreements. | 我承认查尔斯和我有些不同的看法 |
[17:31] | He underbid you | 在一些很有价值的 |
[17:32] | on several valuable contracts. | 合同上他都出价比你低 |
[17:34] | Beat you to market with drought-resistant rice | 在抗旱水稻的市场上他也胜过了你 |
[17:36] | and stole a dozen of your employees. | 而且他还挖走了你的十几名员工 |
[17:38] | Then he got hit by a truck– karma. | 然后他就被撞死了 报应 |
[17:40] | I’m still not sure why I’m here. | 我还是不知道叫我来这干什么 |
[17:42] | The department’s decided to reopen the investigation | 警方决定重新调查 |
[17:44] | into Charles Baskerville’s death. | 查尔斯·巴斯克维尔的死因 |
[17:46] | We now have reason to believe he was murdered. | 我们现在有理由相信他是被谋杀的 |
[17:49] | You think I did it? | 你们觉得是我干的吗 |
[17:51] | A witness told us | 一名目击者说 |
[17:51] | that Charles was chased down by some sort of strange animal. | 当时查尔斯正被一只很奇怪的动物追赶 |
[17:56] | It might even be as strange as this. | 可能就像这只这么奇怪 |
[18:03] | You think I sicced one of these on him? | 你们觉得是我让这玩意去咬他的吗 |
[18:05] | And being accused of murder is humorous why? | 你为什么觉得被指控谋杀很好笑呢 |
[18:08] | Because this animal doesn’t exist. | 因为这种动物根本不存在 |
[18:11] | We have evidence that your company | 我们有证据显示你的公司 |
[18:12] | has been developing these so-called war dogs | 为美国军方制造了这种所谓的 |
[18:15] | for the U.S. Military. | 战争狗 |
[18:17] | According to public records, the U.S. Army Research | 根据公开的记录 美国陆军研究实验室 |
[18:20] | Laboratory gave you $5 million in preliminary development funds | 给了你们五百万美元作为一项名为 |
[18:23] | for something they call “An enhanced canine asset.” | “增强型犬类项目”的初步研发基金 |
[18:26] | They did, but that picture’s a mock-up. | 是的 不过这张图片只是个模型 |
[18:29] | It’s concept art from our proposal, | 是我们提案中的一个概念模型 |
[18:31] | the one that got us that grant. | 帮我们争取到了拨款 |
[18:33] | So you’re saying you never actually developed these dogs? | 你是说你们从没研发过这种狗吗 |
[18:35] | The Army wanted the animals to be fast, strong, smart, | 军方想让这种动物能快速 强壮而且聪明 |
[18:38] | practically wanted them to talk. | 甚至想让它们说话 |
[18:40] | It was too much. | 要求太多了 |
[18:41] | We tried a dozen different approaches, | 我们试过很多种不同的方法 |
[18:43] | but every attempt ended up either stillborn or nonviable. | 不过每次这种动物要么胎死腹中要么就夭折了 |
[18:46] | Got any way to prove that? | 有什么能证明的吗 |
[18:48] | Call the ARL. | 给陆军研究实验室打电话 |
[18:49] | When they saw our results, they cut off our funding. | 他们看过我们的成果后 就切断了基金 |
[18:51] | Point is, I can’t kill anyone | 关键是 我不可能用一种 |
[18:53] | with a super dog that doesn’t exist. | 不存在的超级狗去杀人 |
[18:59] | Look, you want to identify people who wanted Charles dead? | 你们想知道哪些人想要查尔斯死吗 |
[19:01] | Easy– make a list of everyone he ever patent-jacked. | 很简单 列出所有被他专利侵犯过的人 |
[19:07] | You know about the patent-jacking, right? | 你们知道什么是专利侵犯吧 |
[19:10] | Patent-jacking? | 专利侵犯 |
[19:11] | A neologism for the hijacking of patents. | 指侵犯别人专利的新词 |
[19:14] | Or so I infer. | 我是这么认为的 |
[19:16] | Charles Baskerville had it down to an art form. | 查尔斯·巴斯克维尔的招数很高明 |
[19:18] | Now say you’re a start-up with a brilliant idea but no money. | 假如你是个创业者 有个好创意但没钱 |
[19:21] | He’d give you working capital in exchange | 他会给你营运资本 条件是 |
[19:23] | for shares in the company and seats on your board. | 他入股你的公司并且加入董事会 |
[19:26] | But once he had a controlling interest, bang. | 但他一旦得到了控股权 砰 |
[19:29] | He’d liquidate the company and sell off its assets. | 他会把公司清算 然后把资产卖掉 |
[19:32] | Mostly to himself. | 大部分都是卖给他自己 |
[19:34] | And most especially the patents. | 而且大部分都是专利 |
[19:36] | He stole the hopes and dreams of dozens of brilliant inventors. | 他偷走了许多杰出发明家的希望和梦想 |
[19:40] | If you really think someone sent a monster after him, | 如果你们真的认为有人放怪物去杀他 |
[19:44] | I’d start with them. | 我觉得应该先查查那些人 |
[19:48] | Corporate records of | 公司记录显示 |
[19:48] | Charles Baskerville’s meetings with more than | 查尔斯·巴斯克维尔跟超过三十个 |
[19:50] | 30 of his alleged patent-jacking victims. | 专利侵犯的受害者见过面 |
[19:53] | We do not want for suspects. | 我们可不希望有这么多嫌疑犯 |
[19:56] | I’m surprised Henry didn’t mention | 我很意外亨利之前居然没提过 |
[19:58] | this patent-jacking before. | 专利侵犯的事 |
[19:59] | Well, it’s possible he wasn’t aware. | 很可能他不知道 |
[20:01] | Some people have a way of blinding themselves | 有些人对于他们爱的人 |
[20:03] | to the faults of those that they love or admire. | 或崇拜的人的缺点都会视而不见 |
[20:06] | Did you know that American icon | 你知道吗 美国的标志人物 |
[20:08] | Thomas Edison used similar techniques | 托马斯·爱迪生用过同样的手段 |
[20:10] | to acquire many of his patents? | 来得到他的很多专利 |
[20:12] | He would invite young inventors | 他邀请一些年轻的发明家 |
[20:13] | to show him their creations, | 向他展示他们的创造 |
[20:15] | and then he would have his employees | 然后他就让他的员工们 |
[20:16] | reverse-engineer their work and then patent the results. | 反向推理出原理 然后将结果申请专利 |
[20:20] | The real inventors wouldn’t see a penny. | 而真正的发明者一分钱都拿不到 |
[20:22] | I get it now. | 我现在知道了 |
[20:23] | Yeah. The only thing Edison didn’t patent was patent-jacking. | 爱迪生唯一没申请的专利就是专利侵犯 |
[20:26] | No, I’m not talking about that; I’m talking about | 不 我没说这个 我说的是 |
[20:28] | all this stuff that you’ve been reading. | 你一直在研究的东西 |
[20:29] | Our recent cases– Hawes. | 我们最近的案子 霍伊斯 |
[20:32] | Yeah, he’s been struggling. | 他最近比较困扰 |
[20:34] | That Gupta thing. | 盖普达的事 |
[20:36] | The contaminated DNA. | 被污染的DNA |
[20:38] | I wanted to make certain that there weren’t other mistakes. | 我想确认没有其他错误 |
[20:41] | And? | 然后呢 |
[20:43] | I found some typos. | 我找到些错别字 |
[20:44] | His reports have been more perfunctory of late. | 他的报告最近比较潦草 |
[20:47] | That’s it? | 就这些吗 |
[20:49] | For now. | 目前只有这些 |
[20:53] | After everything that happened, he was prescribed | 因为发生的事 医生给他开了 |
[20:54] | certain medications, and I fear he’s been misusing them. | 特定药物 我担心他在乱吃 |
[20:57] | That’s why you left yesterday to talk to him. | 所以你昨天离开了 你去找他谈了 |
[21:00] | How’d it go? | 怎么样 |
[21:00] | Poorly. | 不太好 |
[21:02] | Is there anything you want me to…? | 你想让我去… |
[21:03] | No, I think I know what I need to do next. | 不 我知道我接下来该怎么做 |
[21:11] | Find something? | 有发现吗 |
[21:13] | I think Henry did know about his brother’s patent-jacking. | 我认为亨利知道他哥哥侵犯专利的事 |
[21:15] | These are minutes from a meeting that Charles had | 这是查尔斯 |
[21:18] | with one of those companies he screwed over. | 和一家被他摧毁的公司的会议记录 |
[21:20] | Henry was in attendance. | 亨利有出席 |
[21:24] | If he was present at other meetings with other victims, | 如果他也在其他受害者的会议上出席过 |
[21:27] | that would suggest he was an active participant | 那就说明他积极参与了 |
[21:31] | in his brother’s crime. | 他哥哥的罪行 |
[21:32] | If Charles really was killed over patent-jacking, | 如果查尔斯真是因为专利侵犯而杀的 |
[21:34] | Henry could be a target, too. | 亨利也可能是凶手的目标 |
[21:37] | Charles didn’t do anything wrong. | 查尔斯没做错什么 |
[21:39] | The owners of the start-ups he liquidated | 他清算的新公司的所有者 |
[21:41] | were well compensated. | 拿了很高的补偿金 |
[21:42] | Did they want more than that? | 他们会想要更多吗 |
[21:44] | Maybe, but I can’t see any of them | 也许 可我看不出有谁 |
[21:45] | being angry enough to commit murder. | 气愤到要去行凶 |
[21:47] | Imagine you’re one of the inventors that Charles fleeced. | 设想你是一个被查尔斯敲诈的投资人 |
[21:50] | Imagine watching him make millions from your brainchild, | 设想你看着他用你的发明赚了几百万 |
[21:52] | while you’re forced to walk away | 而你被迫退出 |
[21:54] | with $100,000 and a hearty handshake. | 只给你十万块和一次亲切的握手 |
[21:56] | I’ll take a look at my notes | 你提到的会议 |
[21:58] | from the meetings you mentioned, okay? | 我会仔细看我的笔记的 好吗 |
[22:00] | See if anyone stands out, but that’s the best I can… | 看有谁有嫌疑 但我只能做… |
[22:04] | Henry? | 亨利 |
[22:06] | Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[22:07] | Thought I saw something in my backyard. | 我觉得我在院子里看到了什么东西 |
[22:11] | What the hell? | 什么鬼 |
[22:13] | Something wrong? | 怎么了 |
[22:16] | There’s something out there. | 外面有东西 |
[22:18] | It’s glowing. | 它在发光 |
[22:20] | Henry, stay away from the windows. | 亨利 别靠近窗户 |
[22:22] | What the hell’s going on? | 这他妈是怎么回事 |
[22:23] | We’re not sure, but whatever it is, we think it chased Charles | 还不清楚 但不管是什么 我们认为 |
[22:26] | into traffic the other night. | 就是它追着查尔斯出车祸的 |
[22:27] | Just don’t let it get anywhere near you. | 别让它靠近你 |
[22:29] | We’re calling the police. | 我们叫警察了 |
[22:32] | Can-can you describe what you saw? | 能描述下你看到的东西吗 |
[22:34] | Uh, I… I-I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[22:36] | Uh, it’s an animal, uh, it’s on four legs. | 是个动物 它四脚着地 |
[22:40] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[22:41] | It’s in the house. | 它在房子里 |
[22:44] | Henry, what’s that noise? | 亨利 那是什么声音 |
[22:46] | It-it’s the animal, it’s the thing. | 是那个动物 那个东西 |
[22:49] | Tell me the cops are coming. | 告诉我警察快来了 |
[22:50] | Henry, be quiet. | 亨利 别出声 |
[22:51] | It’s in the damn house. | 他妈的就在房子里 |
[22:59] | It’s breaking down the door. | 它要破门而入了 |
[23:05] | Henry, I think I might know what’s attacking you. | 亨利 我想我知道袭击你的是什么了 |
[23:07] | I need you to go outside, go to your swimming pool. | 赶紧出去 去你的游泳池 |
[23:09] | Keep the swimming pool between you and it. | 去游泳池对面 |
[23:12] | But… | 可… |
[23:13] | The swimming pool. Now, Henry! | 去游泳池 赶紧 亨利 |
[23:15] | Police are on their way. | 警察在路上了 |
[23:22] | We’re consultants with the NYPD. | 我们是纽约警察局的顾问 |
[23:24] | Captain Gregson called about us. | 格雷森警监叫我们来的 |
[23:25] | I have no idea what it is. | 我完全不知道这是什么 |
[23:26] | I’ve never seen anything like it before. | 我以前从没见过这样的东西 |
[23:28] | Excuse me. | 打扰了 |
[23:29] | Hey. Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[23:30] | Yes, thanks to your partner. | 没事 多亏你的搭档 |
[23:32] | You said to keep the pool between me and it. | 你说让我去游泳池对面 |
[23:34] | How did you know it would try to run across the tarp? | 你怎么知道它会试图从防水布上跑过去 |
[23:40] | Only slightly less outrageous | 只比发光的猛犬 |
[23:42] | than a glowing mastiff, wouldn’t you agree? | 略逊一点 你觉得呢 |
[23:56] | Just when you think you’ve seen everything. | 我还以为这世上没有我没见过的东西了呢 |
[23:59] | You said it was based on one of the patents | 你说这是基于查尔斯·巴斯克维尔 |
[24:01] | Charles Baskerville looted? | 掠夺的一项专利 |
[24:03] | Several, actually. | 事实上 是好几项专利 |
[24:05] | From multiple sources. | 有多处来源 |
[24:06] | That’s one of the reasons I wasn’t able | 所以我之前没能 |
[24:07] | to work out its true nature sooner. | 尽快搞清它的本质 |
[24:10] | Yeah, about that. | 说到这个 |
[24:11] | The distinctive growl I heard over the phone, | 我在电话那端听到的独特的咆哮 |
[24:13] | that was the first clue, | 那是第一条线索 |
[24:14] | and that comes from these high-efficiency hybrid engines | 那是由德文希尔机器人公司研制的 |
[24:18] | developed by Devonshire Robotics. | 高效混合动力引擎 |
[24:21] | The vague dog-like appearance is | 貌似狗的模糊外形 |
[24:22] | due to this reinforced frame– | 是因为有这个加固支架 |
[24:23] | that was patented by a different company. | 这是另一家公司的专利 |
[24:25] | A third company developed these terrain-adaptive legs. | 第三家公司研发了这些适应地形的腿 |
[24:28] | So on, so forth. | 如此等等 |
[24:30] | Charles only held on | 查尔斯自己只持有 |
[24:31] | to biotech and genetic engineering patents for himself. | 生物科技和基因工程的专利 |
[24:34] | The rest he sold off. | 他把其他的卖了 |
[24:35] | So someone bought his stolen patents | 所以有人买了他偷的专利 |
[24:38] | and made a Terminator. | 然后造出了一个终结者 |
[24:40] | Sherlock shared what we know | 夏洛克和一个 |
[24:41] | with a friend who works in | 自动化和人工智能业的朋友 |
[24:42] | automation and artificial intelligence. | 分享了我们知道的信息 |
[24:45] | She confirmed that it employs | 她证实了它运用的是 |
[24:46] | fire-and-forget targeting, like a missile. | 针对目标即发即弃的功能 跟导弹一样 |
[24:48] | An operator pilots it until it acquires | 有人操控它 |
[24:51] | a visual lock on its target, | 直到它锁定目标 |
[24:53] | at which point it can be ordered to eliminate that target | 然后就可以直接除掉那个目标 |
[24:56] | without any further input. | 而无需进一步命令 |
[24:57] | That’s why it fell into the covered pool. | 所以它才掉入了被盖着的泳池 |
[24:59] | It was target-fixated on Henry. | 它被设定的目标是亨利 |
[25:01] | It charged at him full-speed, | 它全速冲向他 |
[25:03] | didn’t realize the tarp wasn’t solid ground. | 没有发现防水布下是空的 |
[25:05] | I don’t see any guns. | 我没看到任何武器 |
[25:07] | How did it expect to kill him once it caught him? | 这东西抓住他后怎么杀人 |
[25:10] | It tore through a solid oak door with its front legs. | 它的前腿撕裂了实心橡木门 |
[25:13] | It was gonna stomp him to death? | 它要踩死他吗 |
[25:15] | Do we know whose idea it was | 知道是谁的主意 |
[25:17] | to build this thing? | 建造这个东西吗 |
[25:19] | We can guess who paid for it, right? | 我们能猜到谁资助的 不是吗 |
[25:20] | The military, same as with those genetically-engineered war dogs? | 军方 就像基因改造过的战争狗一样 |
[25:24] | Unfortunately, they haven’t returned our calls. | 遗憾的是 他们并没有回电话 |
[25:26] | As far as the actual manufacturer, | 至于实际制造商 |
[25:28] | we’ve got calls into Devonshire Robotics | 我们已经打电话给了德文希尔机器人公司 |
[25:30] | and the other plundered firms. | 以及其他被偷的公司 |
[25:32] | And hopefully one of them will be able to tell us | 希望其中有人可以告诉我们 |
[25:34] | who acquired their patents. | 谁得到了他们的专利 |
[25:38] | Welcome to Stapleton Innovations. | 欢迎来到斯泰普顿创新公司 |
[25:41] | I’m Rodger Stapleton. | 我是罗杰·斯泰普顿 |
[25:42] | Yeah, Detective Bell. | 我是贝尔警探 |
[25:44] | This is Sherlock Holmes and Joan Watson. | 这是夏洛克·福尔摩斯和乔恩·华生 |
[25:45] | They consult for the department. | 他们是警局的顾问 |
[25:47] | Like to ask you a few questions about this. | 希望能询问你几个关于这东西的问题 |
[25:53] | Where’d you find it? | 你们在哪里发现它的 |
[25:54] | At the home of the man it tried to maul last night. | 在它昨晚试图袭击的人家里 |
[25:56] | We were hoping you could explain how it got there. | 我们希望你能解释它怎么出现在那里的 |
[26:05] | We shot this a few months ago. | 这是我们几个月前拍的 |
[26:07] | I think it’ll help explain a few things about the Gus machine. | 我想这有助于解释格斯机器人的事 |
[26:11] | You named your killer robot Gus? | 你把你的杀人机器命名为格斯 |
[26:13] | Oh, it wasn’t designed to kill. | 它被设计出来的本意并不是杀人 |
[26:15] | It’s supposed to carry gear for the infantry, like a pack mule. | 它本应为步兵团携带装备 像驼骡一样 |
[26:19] | And yet we’re investigating two different attacks by your mule, | 但我们却在调查两起你的骡子实施的袭击 |
[26:22] | one of them fatal. | 其中一起还是致命的 |
[26:23] | Someone obviously used | 显然有人利用了 |
[26:25] | one of the Guses in a way that was off-spec. | 众多格斯中不合格的一只 |
[26:27] | “One of the Guses”? | 众多格斯中的一只 |
[26:29] | We’ve built a total of ten Gus robots. | 我们一共制造了十只格斯机器人 |
[26:32] | The one used in the attacks has to be Gus Five. | 被用作袭击的应该是格斯五号 |
[26:35] | And how can you be certain? | 你怎么能确定 |
[26:37] | Because Gus Five is… was missing. | 因为格斯五号失踪了 |
[26:40] | About six weeks ago, we shipped Gus Five | 六周前我们运送格斯五号 |
[26:43] | to the Army Research Lab’s proving grounds in Maryland. | 到陆军研究实验室位于马里兰的试验基地 |
[26:46] | They said he never arrived. | 对方说它没有送到 |
[26:48] | Did you call the police? | 你们报警了吗 |
[26:50] | The ARL ordered us not to. | 陆军研究实验室命令我们不准报警 |
[26:52] | The entire project is classified. | 整个研究项目是高度机密 |
[26:54] | They assigned the case | 他们把案件上报给了 |
[26:55] | to the Defense Criminal Investigation Service. | 国防刑事调查机构 |
[26:58] | Some agents came and conducted interviews, | 有几个探员来问过一些情况 |
[27:00] | but that was the last we heard from them. | 然后就没有消息了 |
[27:02] | And you’re sure it was stolen in transit? | 你们确定是在运输途中被偷的吗 |
[27:04] | Well, we haven’t ruled anything out. | 目前我们还没有排除任何可能性 |
[27:06] | Could have been taken by someone here. | 可能被公司里的人偷走了 |
[27:08] | It also could have been someone at the shipping company | 也可能被运输公司的人 |
[27:10] | or the testing facility. | 或者试验机构的人偷走了 |
[27:12] | Or maybe it wasn’t an inside job at all. | 也有可能根本不是内部作案 |
[27:14] | Can you think of anyone in Stapleton Innovations | 你能想到斯泰普顿创新公司里有人 |
[27:16] | who might have motive to kill Charles and Henry Baskerville? | 有杀害查尔斯和亨利的动机吗 |
[27:21] | Actually, I can. | 事实上 还真有 |
[27:24] | Me. | 就是我 |
[27:26] | Did Henry tell you about the Baskerville trust? | 亨利告诉过你巴斯克维尔信托金吗 |
[27:30] | He did not. | 没有 |
[27:32] | You know each other? | 你们认识吗 |
[27:35] | The trust is where Charles got most of his money, | 查尔斯的大部分财产都是从信托中得到的 |
[27:38] | from the estate of Hugo Baskerville, | 也就是雨果·巴斯克维尔的地产 |
[27:40] | the rail baron. | 那个铁路男爵 |
[27:42] | It passes, | 它会原封不动地 |
[27:42] | intact, to the oldest surviving heir. | 传给活着的继承人中年龄最大的 |
[27:45] | That was Charles, now it’s Henry. | 之前是查尔斯 现在则是亨利 |
[27:49] | I’m their cousin. | 我是他们的表弟 |
[27:51] | So you’re next in line. | 所以你是下一个 |
[27:52] | Next and last, as far as anyone knows. | 下一个 也是目前所知的最后一个 |
[27:57] | But I loved Charles, same goes for Henry. | 但我很爱查尔斯和亨利 |
[28:00] | I wouldn’t hurt them, not for anything. | 我不会为了任何事伤害他们 |
[28:02] | Can you tell us where you were last night and Sunday evening? | 你能告诉我们昨天和周日晚上你在哪里吗 |
[28:06] | Montana. | 蒙大拿 |
[28:07] | I got back this morning. | 我今天早上才回来 |
[28:08] | Charles’s funeral is tomorrow. | 明天是查尔斯的葬礼 |
[28:11] | I go on a grouse hunting trip every year with my friends. | 我每年都和朋友一起参加松鸡狩猎旅行 |
[28:14] | They’ll tell you, I was there the whole week. | 他们会告诉你 我一整周都待在那里 |
[28:16] | The Baskerville trust seems like a strong motive for murder. | 巴斯克维尔信托是谋杀的一个强大动机 |
[28:19] | Yeah, but Stapleton’s alibi seemed pretty solid, | 不过斯泰普顿的不在场证明貌似很可靠 |
[28:22] | unless you think he could’ve remote-controlled | 除非你认为他能从蒙大拿 |
[28:23] | Gus Five from Montana. | 远程操控格斯五号 |
[28:25] | Anything’s possible. | 任何事都有可能 |
[28:26] | Well, maybe we should look at the Army Research Lab. | 或许我们应该调查陆军研究实验室 |
[28:28] | Could be someone there up to no good. | 有可能是那里的人图谋不轨 |
[28:30] | I don’t think we’ll have to go that far afield. | 我觉得我们不需要去那么远 |
[28:36] | It’s a nice smoking area. | 这个吸烟区不错 |
[28:37] | You want to tell us what you’re looking for? | 你要告诉我们你在找什么吗 |
[28:40] | Looking for someone. | 找一个人 |
[28:41] | The individual who smokes this brand of cigarette. | 吸这个牌子的香烟的人 |
[28:44] | Who? | 是谁 |
[28:45] | You didn’t smell it on him during the meeting? | 开会的时候你没在他身上闻到吗 |
[28:49] | Mr. Barrymore. | 巴里摩尔先生 |
[28:50] | So nice of you to join us. | 欢迎加入我们 |
[28:52] | Your arrival in this area was inevitable | 在紧张的会议之后 |
[28:54] | after such a stressful meeting. | 你必然会来这里 |
[28:56] | Uh, something wrong? | 有什么问题吗 |
[28:57] | Well, it was clear that you were hiding something from us. | 很明显你对我们有所隐瞒 |
[29:00] | Specifically, you seemed uncomfortable | 具体来说 你老板提供不在场证明时 |
[29:02] | when your boss was providing his alibi. | 你似乎有些不自然 |
[29:04] | So I’d like to know why. | 我想知道为什么 |
[29:06] | You withhold information on a murder case, Mr. Barrymore, | 你隐瞒了一些关于谋杀案的信息 先生 |
[29:09] | that’s felony obstruction. | 这可是严重妨碍司法 |
[29:12] | Look, Rodger was lying through his teeth, all right? | 罗杰完全是在说谎 好吗 |
[29:14] | He wasn’t in Montana. | 他根本不在蒙大拿 |
[29:16] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道的 |
[29:17] | It’s an open secret at the company | 公司里的人都知道 |
[29:19] | that his hunting trips are BS. | 他所谓的狩猎旅行都是幌子 |
[29:20] | He lies to his wife about them, and we all have to cover. | 他欺骗他的妻子 而我们都要帮忙打掩护 |
[29:24] | Is there a mistress? | 他有情妇吗 |
[29:26] | More like a series of professional arrangements. | 更像是一系列专职人员 |
[29:29] | He goes whoring. | 他嫖妓 |
[29:31] | I ran into him at a strip club in Manhattan once | 我在曼哈顿的一家脱衣舞俱乐部撞见过他 |
[29:33] | when he was supposed to be hunting elk in Colorado. | 而他本该在科罗拉多州捕猎麋鹿的 |
[29:35] | He was with this girl, really expensive-looking. | 当时跟他一起的那个姑娘 看起来非常贵 |
[29:38] | He invited me to sit with him. We had drinks. | 他邀请我跟他一起坐 我们喝了几杯 |
[29:40] | I even walked him back to his hotel. | 我还送他回了酒店 |
[29:42] | Do you remember where this was in Manhattan? | 你还记得是在曼哈顿什么地方吗 |
[29:45] | It’s some fancy place. | 是个很华丽的地方 |
[29:47] | Uh, the Undershaw? | 好像是安德肖 |
[29:49] | That’s less than a mile from where Charles Baskerville died. | 那里离查尔斯被害的地方不到一英里 |
[30:03] | If you’re here for another match… | 你要是想再下一局… |
[30:05] | I’m not. | 不是 |
[30:08] | No new homicide victims since yesterday, | 昨天到现在没有新的凶案被害人 |
[30:10] | so you’re not here for a body. | 所以你不是来找尸体的 |
[30:13] | No, I’m here for you. | 对 我是来找你的 |
[30:16] | Look… | 听着 |
[30:18] | I told you yesterday… | 我昨天跟你说了 |
[30:19] | You’re not fine, Eugene. | 你并不好 尤金 |
[30:21] | I know. | 我知道的 |
[30:23] | And I know ’cause I’ve been where you are. | 因为我跟你有过类似的经历 |
[30:26] | -I’m an addict now? -No. | -我还吸毒了 -不 |
[30:32] | See, there was this woman, once upon a time, right? | 曾经有一个女人 好吧 |
[30:36] | And to me, uh… | 对我来说… |
[30:39] | to me, she was the woman, you know? | 她就是命中注定的那个 你明白吗 |
[30:42] | And she died. | 后来她死了 |
[30:45] | Well, I thought she did. | 我以为她死了 |
[30:50] | And I lost myself. | 我迷失了自我 |
[30:54] | Yeah, the pain was, um… | 没错 那种伤痛非常… |
[30:57] | it was very intense, so I began to self-medicate, | 非常剧烈 于是我开始给自己用药 |
[31:01] | and then my work began to suffer, | 然后我的工作也开始受到影响 |
[31:02] | and I-I made these small mistakes. | 我开始犯各种小错 |
[31:04] | Small errors at first, and then much larger ones. | 一开始是小错 后来逐渐变成大错 |
[31:09] | And eventually my own ineptitude was so apparent that… | 最终 我的不称职已经明显到了 |
[31:12] | I couldn’t deny it. | 我无法否认的程度 |
[31:15] | And my self-esteem shattered. | 我的自尊彻底没了 |
[31:17] | And then I just, I fell into this spiral of… | 于是我掉进了漩涡 |
[31:21] | self-pity, addiction and-and despair. | 自怨自艾 吸毒成瘾 万念俱灰 |
[31:24] | I… I don’t know | 我不知道 |
[31:26] | whether you’re an addict or not. | 你是否吸毒 |
[31:27] | Uh, I don’t think you are. | 我觉得你没有 |
[31:30] | But you’re not well. | 但你肯定不好 |
[31:35] | I’m hurting. | 我很受伤 |
[31:38] | But I’ll manage. | 但我能挺过来 |
[31:40] | I am managing. | 我正在努力挺过来 |
[31:44] | You just… | 你… |
[31:46] | You’re standing on a precipice… | 你正站在悬崖边 |
[31:49] | and I cannot watch you tumble over it, mate. | 我不能眼看着你摔下去 伙计 |
[31:55] | I refuse to. | 我不会袖手旁观的 |
[31:59] | All right? | 好吗 |
[32:06] | Your signature on room service receipts. | 你在客房服务清单上的签名 |
[32:09] | Testimony from hotel staff confirming you were a guest. | 酒店员工的证词证明你曾是那里的客人 |
[32:13] | And final receipt charged to Stapleton Innovations. | 这是记在斯泰普顿公司账上的最终账单 |
[32:16] | You already admitted you had motive to kill the Baskervilles. | 你已经承认你有动机杀害巴斯克维尔了 |
[32:20] | To top it off, the department’s computer experts confirmed | 此外 部门的计算机专家确认 |
[32:23] | that your activation codes | 你的激活码 |
[32:24] | were used to trigger the Gus robot | 曾激活过格斯机器人 |
[32:26] | when it attacked Charles and Henry. | 就在查尔斯和亨利遇袭时 |
[32:28] | It’s not looking good for you, Mr. Stapleton. | 这对你来说可不妙 斯泰普顿先生 |
[32:31] | You might think about cutting a deal with the D.A. | 你最好考虑下跟地检达成协议吧 |
[32:35] | I didn’t do it. | 不是我干的 |
[32:36] | That’s not what the evidence says. | 证据显示可不是这样 |
[32:37] | The evidence is wrong. | 证据错了 |
[32:39] | I already told you. | 我已经说过了 |
[32:40] | I loved Charles. I love Henry. | 我爱查尔斯 我也爱亨利 |
[32:44] | And my activation codes aren’t much of a secret. | 我的激活码也不是什么秘密 |
[32:46] | I use them in front of my employees all the time. | 我经常当着我员工的面使用 |
[32:48] | And, yes, I may not have been in Montana, | 对 我也许没去蒙大拿 |
[32:51] | but I wasn’t alone either. | 可我也并非独自一人 |
[32:53] | I was with a friend at the time of Charles’s death. | 查尔斯死时 我跟一个朋友在一起 |
[32:56] | I was with another friend on the night that Henry was attacked. | 亨利遇袭时我跟另一个朋友在一起 |
[33:02] | I’m happy to have them confirm my story. | 我很乐意请她们来证实我的说法 |
[33:05] | I’m guessing when you say “Friend,” | 我想你说的”朋友” |
[33:07] | you mean prostitute. | 指的是妓女吧 |
[33:08] | If you paid them for their company, | 要是你付了钱 |
[33:10] | they’re not gonna be the most credible witnesses. | 她们可不会是最可靠的证人 |
[33:13] | You want proof that I didn’t try to kill my cousins | 你想证明我没有为了继承巴斯克维尔信托金 |
[33:16] | to inherit the Baskerville trust? | 而试图谋杀我表亲是吧 |
[33:18] | Fine. I have a perfect way to do that. | 行 我有个好方法 |
[33:22] | We’re listening. | 我们听着呢 |
[33:24] | I’ll punch him in the face. | 我会狠揍他的脸 |
[33:26] | -Or you. -Rodger… | -或者打你 -罗杰 |
[33:27] | No. Either way, it’s assault on a police officer– a felony. | 不 不管打谁 这是袭警 是重罪 |
[33:31] | Four witnesses– there’s no way I dodge a conviction. | 有四名证人 我不可能不被定罪 |
[33:34] | And it would prove you’re innocence how? | 这怎么能证明你是无辜的 |
[33:38] | The terms of Hugo Baskerville’s will are very clear. | 雨果·巴斯克维尔遗嘱的条款非常清楚 |
[33:41] | No one guilty of a felony can inherit the trust. | 有任何重罪都不得继承信托金 |
[33:45] | I’m convicted of assault, I’ll be disinherited. | 我要是袭了警 就没有继承权了 |
[33:50] | So how ’bout it? | 这样如何 |
[33:57] | Hold on to your hat. | 坐稳了 |
[33:59] | Rodger Stapleton’s friends backed up his alibi. | 罗杰·斯泰普顿的朋友证实了他不在现场 |
[34:03] | And were they both ladies of the night? | 她们都是风尘女郎吗 |
[34:05] | Yes. | 对 |
[34:05] | Stapleton was paying for their services the two nights in question. | 斯泰普顿那两晚都买了她们的服务 |
[34:10] | It’s hard to imagine he’s not paying them again now. | 他现在多半又在给她们钱吧 |
[34:13] | You seem determined to keep him as a suspect. | 你好像铁了心要把他列为嫌疑人 |
[34:16] | It was hard to buy anything he was selling today. | 他今天说的一切都很难让人相信 |
[34:18] | Even that offer to plead guilty to a felony. | 就算他主动提出要被判重罪 |
[34:21] | Maybe he thought it was worth sacrificing his inheritance | 也许他觉得牺牲继承权来逃避谋杀罪 |
[34:23] | to avoid a murder conviction. | 还是很值得的 |
[34:25] | It’s possible. | 有可能 |
[34:26] | But if the evidence is telling us a different story, | 但如果证据说的是另一回事 |
[34:28] | perhaps we should listen. | 也许我们该相信证据 |
[34:30] | You have a better suspect in the Baskerville family tree? | 巴斯克维尔家族里 你有更好的嫌疑人吗 |
[34:32] | Hypothetically, thousands. And none. | 假想的话有数千个 实际一个都没有 |
[34:36] | Even if we’re wrong about the murderer, | 就算我们想错了凶手 |
[34:38] | we could be right about the motive. | 在动机方面我们仍可能是对的 |
[34:41] | Killing Henry and Charles | 杀害亨利和查尔斯 |
[34:42] | and framing Rodger with one of his robots | 并用罗杰的机器人来陷害他 |
[34:43] | clears the way for another claimant to the trust. | 能帮信托的另一个排队者扫清障碍 |
[34:46] | Okay, so who’s next in line? | 好吧 下一个继承人是谁 |
[34:49] | At first glance, no one. | 乍看之下 没人了 |
[34:52] | It appears the Baskerville men, | 看起来巴斯克维尔家的男人 |
[34:53] | apart from Hugo himself, struggle with infertility. | 包括雨果在内 都有不育症 |
[34:57] | Henry and Charles have no children. | 亨利和查尔斯没有子嗣 |
[34:59] | Rodger Stapleton has no legitimate offspring. | 罗杰·斯泰普顿没有合法子女 |
[35:01] | And as far as I can tell, no by-blows from his wenching. | 据我目前来看 他在外嫖妓也没有私生子 |
[35:04] | There’s also been a fair share of bad luck. | 他们家族的人运气也不太好 |
[35:07] | Henry and Charles’s sister Clara died of cancer in her teens. | 亨利和查尔斯的妹妹克拉拉十多岁就死于了癌症 |
[35:10] | Their first cousin was killed in Afghanistan, | 他们的大表弟在阿富汗遇难了 |
[35:13] | and Rodger’s older brother Ike | 罗杰的兄长艾克 |
[35:14] | died in a car crash in Australia. | 在澳大利亚死于一场车祸 |
[35:16] | So after Charles’s death, | 所以查尔斯死后 |
[35:18] | the only living heirs are Rodger and Henry. | 活着的继承者就只剩罗杰和亨利了 |
[35:20] | The only known living heirs. | 这只是我们知道的活着的继承者 |
[35:23] | I reviewed Hugo Baskerville’s will. | 我又看了雨果·巴斯克维尔的遗嘱 |
[35:25] | For a man of his time, | 作为他那个时代的人 |
[35:26] | he was remarkably enlightened about bastards. | 他对私生子的态度可是非常开放的 |
[35:28] | He allowed that a lovechild could inherit, | 他允许私生子来继承 |
[35:30] | provided there were no legitimate heirs remaining. | 这证明没有合法继续人了 |
[35:33] | So while the many branches of this tree might appear barren, | 虽然这棵家族树的多个分枝都无法生育 |
[35:38] | who’s to say that some unknown cross-pollination | 可谁又能说某些异体授粉的枝桠上 |
[35:40] | has not borne fruit? | 就没结出果实呢 |
[35:42] | If that’s true, | 如果真是这样 |
[35:43] | all we have to do is look through… | 我们要做的就是彻查… |
[35:47] | 120 years of birth records to find a new suspect. | 120年间的出生记录 好找到新的嫌疑人 |
[35:50] | We could spend the next few months doing genealogical research, | 我们可以花上几个月来研究家谱 |
[35:53] | but I think there might be a more expeditious way | 但我觉得可能有更快捷的方式 |
[35:55] | to identify the murderous Baskerville heir. | 找出这个凶残的巴斯克维尔继承人 |
[36:02] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[36:02] | I suppose there could be another heir, | 可能还有别的继承人吧 |
[36:04] | but he or she could’ve been born anywhere in the world, | 但他或她可能出生在这世上的任何地方 |
[36:07] | at any time in the last century | 在这个世纪的任何时间 |
[36:09] | to any one of several dozen people. | 可能是好几打人中的任意一个 |
[36:11] | True, but I believe there’s a way to find our needle | 对 但我相信有办法 |
[36:14] | without searching a world full of haystacks. | 不用搜遍整片大海就能找到我们的针 |
[36:18] | All you need to do is murder your cousin, Rodger Stapleton. | 你要做的就是杀了你的表弟 罗杰·斯泰普顿 |
[36:46] | It’s, like, 100 degrees in here. | 这里得有100度吧 |
[36:48] | It’s precisely 95 degrees. | 准确地说是95度 |
[36:51] | Ideal for yoga and tortoises. | 对瑜伽和乌龟来说都是理想温度 |
[36:54] | I thought it best not to overtax the furnace. | 我想着最好别让火炉负担太重 |
[36:57] | Yeah, well, as long as you don’t set all those papers on fire. | 只要你不把那些纸都点着了就行 |
[36:59] | Reexamining the evidence | 重新检查证据 |
[37:01] | will not help events progress any faster. | 也无法加快事情的进展 |
[37:04] | So no news. | 所以就是没新消息 |
[37:06] | Nothing as of yet. | 暂时没有 |
[37:09] | You know, it’s been five days since Henry killed Rodger. | 亨利杀了罗杰已经五天了 |
[37:13] | I’m well aware, thank you. | 我很清楚 谢谢提醒 |
[37:15] | What about Hawes? Have you heard from him? | 霍伊斯呢 有他的消息吗 |
[37:21] | Finally. | 终于来了 |
[37:23] | It appears our endgame has begun. | 看来咱们要进入尾声了 |
[37:25] | My Australian birth certificate, | 我的澳洲出生证明 |
[37:29] | listing my father as Ike Stapleton. | 登记着我的父亲是艾克·斯泰普顿 |
[37:33] | You’ll forgive my skepticism, | 抱歉我有点多疑 |
[37:35] | but no one in the family has had any contact with Ike Stapleton | 可自从他1972年离开了美国 |
[37:38] | since he left the U.S. In 1972. | 这家族里就没人跟他联系过 |
[37:41] | He died when I was five. Car crash. | 我五岁的时候他就去世了 车祸 |
[37:45] | My mom says he was a bit of a hippie. | 我母亲说他有点像嬉皮士 |
[37:48] | They weren’t together long, but she says I have his chin. | 他们在一起并没多久 但她说我下巴很像他 |
[37:51] | I don’t hear an Australian accent. | 我没听出你有澳洲口音 |
[37:53] | I lost it. | 我已经丢掉乡音了 |
[37:54] | Years ago, when I moved to L.A. for college. | 很多年前 我去洛杉矶上大学的时候 |
[37:59] | Look, I know I don’t look much like a Baskerville, | 我知道我长得不太像巴斯克维尔家的人 |
[38:02] | and I know I kind of just came out of nowhere, | 我也知道我像是凭空冒出来的 |
[38:05] | but I’m happy to take a DNA test if you’d like. | 可我很乐意接受DNA鉴定 |
[38:09] | Did Rodger know that you were his niece when he hired you? | 罗杰雇你的时候知道你是他侄女吗 |
[38:13] | Of course. | 当然 |
[38:16] | If you won’t take my word for it… | 要是你不肯信我 |
[38:20] | take his. | 那就信他 |
[38:25] | This is… e-mail correspondence between you and Mr. Stapleton? | 这是你和斯泰普顿先生之间的邮件往来 |
[38:28] | Uncle Rodger tracked me down when I was in college. | 我上大学的时候罗杰叔叔找到了我 |
[38:31] | We exchanged the occasional e-mail over the years, | 多年来 我们时不时会互通邮件 |
[38:34] | and when I got my masters in robotics, | 后来我拿到了机器人学的硕士学位 |
[38:35] | he offered me a job. | 他就给了我一份工作 |
[38:37] | He never mentioned any of this to me. | 他从没跟我提起过这些 |
[38:39] | Or to the Baskervilles. | 也没跟巴斯克维尔家的人提过 |
[38:40] | And he never mentioned the Baskervilles to me. | 他也没跟我提过巴斯克维尔家的人 |
[38:43] | Not once. | 一次都没有 |
[38:44] | I only found out about the trust last week | 我也是因为上周警察来找了我 |
[38:46] | when the police came to see him. | 才知道了信托金的事 |
[38:48] | You know, all this time, | 知道吗 一直以来 |
[38:49] | I thought he tracked me down | 我以为他找我 |
[38:51] | to make up for the way he treated my father, | 是为了弥补当年对我父亲的不周 |
[38:53] | but now I wonder if he was setting me up. | 但我现在怀疑他是为了陷害我 |
[38:57] | Setting you up? | 陷害你 |
[38:59] | I would have made a good patsy | 他杀了他的表兄 |
[39:00] | for when he killed his cousins, don’t you think? | 我会是个理想的替罪羊 不是吗 |
[39:05] | What was that? | 什么声音 |
[39:06] | I have some guests. | 我有几位客人 |
[39:12] | Good show, Miss Lyons. | 很棒的表演 莱昂斯小姐 |
[39:14] | Quite clever of you to posit that Rodger wanted to frame you, | 你很聪明 说罗杰想陷害你 |
[39:17] | when in fact, you framed Rodger. | 而实际上 是你陷害了罗杰 |
[39:21] | Oh, that’s right. | 没错 |
[39:21] | You thought he was dead, didn’t you? | 你以为他死了 对吗 |
[39:22] | Murdered by Henry here. | 被亨利杀死的 |
[39:24] | Conveniently making you the heir to the Baskerville trust. | 自然就让你成了巴斯克维尔信托金的继承人 |
[39:28] | Well, it was in all the papers. | 所有报纸上都是这么写的 |
[39:30] | But you of all people should know | 但你最应该明白 |
[39:31] | not to believe everything you read. | 不要相信读到的任何信息 |
[39:33] | The e-mails she just handed over were forgeries, right? | 她刚提供的邮件是伪造的 对吧 |
[39:36] | I sure as hell didn’t write them. | 我绝对没写过那些 |
[39:40] | You tricked me. | 你们给我下了套 |
[39:41] | We created a vacuum, and the heir rushed in. | 我们设了个陷阱 继承人就自己闯进来了 |
[39:43] | Or more specifically, the heiress. | 或者更准确地说 是女继承人 |
[39:46] | We recorded your meeting with Miss Chambers. | 我们记录了你跟钱伯斯小姐的会面 |
[39:49] | It doesn’t prove that you sent Gus Five | 并不能证明你派了格斯五号 |
[39:50] | after the Baskerville brothers, | 去追踪巴斯克维尔兄弟 |
[39:51] | but it should be enough | 但应该足够 |
[39:53] | for police to get a warrant to search your home and car. | 让警方申请搜查令去查你的家和车了 |
[39:55] | Your plan was elaborate and quite some time in the making, | 你的计划很详尽 而且酝酿了很长时间 |
[39:58] | so it’s hard to believe there isn’t some evidence to be found. | 很难相信一点证据都找不到 |
[40:03] | It’s true, | 是真的 |
[40:04] | she does have your brother’s chin. | 她的下巴的确很像你哥哥 |
[40:30] | Eugene. Come in. | 尤金 请进 |
[40:38] | I, um… | 我… |
[40:40] | came by to give you these. | 我来给你这些 |
[40:46] | Files on your fellow M.Es? | 你的法医同事的档案 |
[40:48] | The three most likely to put up with your, uh, visits. | 三个最有可能容忍你拜访的人 |
[40:52] | Pick one, and I will warn the unlucky winner what to expect. | 挑一个吧 我会提醒这倒霉蛋做好准备的 |
[40:57] | So you’re going somewhere. | 你要离开吗 |
[41:00] | You were right. | 你是对的 |
[41:02] | As usual. | 一如既往 |
[41:03] | I’ve been struggling. | 我在挣扎 |
[41:05] | I told the M.E. what’s been going on, | 我跟法医的头说了大致情况 |
[41:07] | and, uh, we decided it might be best for me to take medical leave | 我们都觉得我最好先休一阵子病假 |
[41:10] | till I can get my head straight. | 直到我能整理好情绪 |
[41:12] | Until then, call me the P.T.S.D.M.E. | 在那之前 叫我应激障碍法医吧 |
[41:17] | Well, you’ll be back. | 你会回来的 |
[41:18] | Maybe a month or two. | 也许一两个月 |
[41:21] | Maybe never. | 也许永远不会了 |
[41:23] | I get, uh, offers all the time to run my own morgue. | 我一直接到邀请让我掌管自己的验尸所 |
[41:26] | Smaller cities, mostly. | 大部分是小城市 |
[41:28] | Portsmouth, Tucson, | 朴茨茅斯 图森 |
[41:30] | Boise. | 博伊西 |
[41:31] | More pay, less stress. | 挣得更多 压力更小 |
[41:34] | Fewer memories. | 回忆也更少 |
[41:37] | Well, any one of them’s going to be lucky to have you. | 你去任意一家都是他们的幸运 |
[41:41] | I’m just thinking it over so far. | 我目前还在考虑 |
[41:44] | I’ll keep you posted. | 有进展再告诉你 |
[41:46] | But, in case I decide to move on… | 不过 以防我决定开始新生活 |
[41:50] | …thank you. | 先谢谢你 |
[41:52] | For bullying some sense into me. | 谢谢你强行让我恢复了一些理智 |
[41:56] | What are bullies for? | 不就为了这个吗 |