时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Previously, on Elementary… | 《福尔摩斯: 演绎法》前情回顾 |
[00:03] | Murder in Paris. | 巴黎的谋杀案 |
[00:04] | French businesswoman, | 法国女商人 |
[00:05] | Sabine Raoult, was gunned down in the street. | 萨宾·拉乌尔在街上被枪杀了 |
[00:07] | The crime was never solved. | 案子一直没破 |
[00:09] | The two bullets missing from the crime scene | 犯罪现场遗失的两枚子弹 |
[00:11] | ended up in my father. | 在我父亲身上 |
[00:12] | Nobody at Interpol knows what I’ve done. | 国际刑警没人知道我做了什么 |
[00:14] | Truly above and beyond this time, Agent Muller. | 这次你帮了很大的忙 穆勒探员 |
[00:17] | This business with your son– | 跟你儿子的这些事 |
[00:19] | do you expect me to believe you’re here to help him? | 你真指望我相信你是来帮他的吗 |
[00:21] | Did you know you had a predecessor, Lukas? | 你知道你有个前任吗 卢卡斯 |
[00:23] | His name was Jasper De Clerq. | 他叫加斯帕·德拉科 |
[00:27] | My God, Morland. | 天呐 莫兰德 |
[00:29] | His children found him. | 他的孩子们发现了他 |
[00:31] | I think Sabine was collateral damage. | 我觉得萨宾是附带伤害 |
[00:33] | Morland was the target. | 莫兰德才是目标 |
[00:34] | Someone tried to kill your father, | 有人曾想杀了你父亲 |
[00:37] | and he’s worried they’re gonna try again. | 他担心对方会再来一次 |
[00:47] | I could have sworn I had that statue removed. | 我明明已经让人把那雕像搬走了啊 |
[00:51] | Oh, dear. | 天啊 |
[00:54] | I’ve done something new to anger you. | 我又做了什么让你生气的事情 |
[00:58] | It’s what you didn’t do. | 是你没做的事 |
[01:00] | You didn’t mention you were the target | 你没提过 |
[01:01] | of a failed assassination attempt | 曾有人试图刺杀你 |
[01:03] | which left a woman named Sabine dead, | 导致了一个叫萨宾的女性死亡 |
[01:05] | and you more empty on the inside than you already were. | 并令你的身体比心理还要空洞 |
[01:11] | How did you find out? | 你怎么知道的 |
[01:13] | Watson grew suspicious after observing your eating habits. | 华生观察到你的饮食习惯后产生了怀疑 |
[01:19] | I don’t speak of it because I find the matter painful. | 我没提 是因为它让我感到痛苦 |
[01:24] | Sabine and I were… | 萨宾和我 |
[01:26] | very close. | 非常亲密 |
[01:27] | You also failed to mention | 你还没有提到 |
[01:28] | that whoever was behind the attempt is still at large, | 无论主谋是谁 他依然在逃 |
[01:31] | and that you believe another attempt is likely. | 并且还有可能再次出手 |
[01:34] | Why else would you be banking your own blood? | 不然你为什么要储存自己的血 |
[01:38] | By insinuating yourself into our lives | 你进入我们的生活 |
[01:40] | without disclosing any of this | 却没有提起这些事情 |
[01:42] | and without sharing whatever intelligence you have | 也没有分享你手头的情报资源 |
[01:45] | so that we might implement our own precautions, | 好让我们实施自己的预防措施 |
[01:47] | you’ve placed us in danger. | 你将我们置于了危险中 |
[01:49] | Well, it’s nice to see that my well-being | 很高兴看到你如此 |
[01:52] | is essential to your concerns as ever. | 前所未有地关心我的安康 |
[01:55] | Joan’s deductions are only partly correct. | 乔恩的推理只有一部分是对的 |
[01:59] | It’s true someone tried to kill me. | 没错 确实有人想杀我 |
[02:02] | That should come as no surprise. | 这一点都不意外 |
[02:03] | One makes… one’s share of enemies | 拥有一票敌人 |
[02:06] | in my line of work. | 在我这行是必然的 |
[02:08] | Where she and the truth part ways | 她偏离了事实之处在于 |
[02:11] | is in the assumption that I am presently in danger. | 认为我现在仍处于危险中 |
[02:16] | Banking my blood is a precaution. | 储存我的血只是预防措施 |
[02:20] | Complications from this type of injury can flare up | 这种伤的并发症在很长一段时间后 |
[02:24] | years down the road. | 仍有可能随时爆发 |
[02:26] | I could be rushed back into surgery at any time. | 我随时都有可能被送进急诊室 |
[02:29] | As for your safety and Joan’s, | 至于你和乔恩的安全问题 |
[02:32] | the would-be assassin has been dealt with. | 那个刺杀者已经被处理了 |
[02:36] | It’s over. | 已经结束了 |
[02:38] | Well, you’re lying, | 你在说谎 |
[02:39] | so I’ll just have to investigate the matter myself. | 所以我只能自己调查了 |
[03:00] | Eyes outside. | 注意外面情况 |
[03:01] | What if they come home early? | 要是他们提前回家了怎么办 |
[03:03] | They ain’t comin’ home early, and you know they aren’t. | 他们不会提前回来的 你知道的 |
[03:06] | I know that you’re supposed to be the lookout, | 我只知道你应该负责把风 |
[03:09] | so look out! | 赶快去把风 |
[03:11] | All right. | 好吧 |
[03:36] | What was that? | 什么情况 |
[03:37] | You see something? | 你看见什么了吗 |
[03:39] | I saw everything. | 我全都看见了 |
[04:18] | Hey, where were you? | 你去哪了 |
[04:19] | You left your cell pho… | 你没带手机 |
[04:21] | What happened? | 怎么了 |
[04:23] | Ah, just another failed attempt to gather information | 想收集我父亲遇刺的相关信息 |
[04:25] | on my father’s shooting. | 又失败了 |
[04:27] | Okay, well, let me help you with this. | 好吧 我来帮你 |
[04:30] | What happened to asking your contacts at Scotland Yard? | 你不是说会问问你在苏格兰场的线人吗 |
[04:33] | Scotland Yard have been kept in the dark. | 苏格兰场毫不知情 |
[04:35] | Likewise the French police. | 法国警察也是一样 |
[04:36] | It seems Father has kept a tight lid on the investigation. | 看来父亲的调查很低调保密 |
[04:39] | So you decided to try beating the answers out of someone? | 所以你就试着想要虐打某人套出信息吗 |
[04:42] | I touched base with a contact inside a mercenary group | 我和一个雇佣兵团中的成员取得了联系 |
[04:44] | that Father sometimes employs. | 父亲时不时会使用他们的服务 |
[04:46] | I had to leave my phone at home, | 我必须得把手机留在家里 |
[04:48] | because she’s sensitive about the presence of microphones. | 因为她对麦克风之类的东西很敏感 |
[04:52] | A woman did this to you? | 一个女人把你弄成这样的 |
[04:55] | A highly trained woman. | 一个受过高度训练的女人 |
[04:58] | Well, it doesn’t look like she wanted to touch base with you. | 看来她不是很想跟你联系啊 |
[05:02] | Quite the contrary. | 正相反 |
[05:09] | Some of this isn’t blood. | 这有些不是血 |
[05:13] | It’s lipstick. | 是口红 |
[05:14] | And you smell like perfume. | 而且你身上有股香水味 |
[05:18] | Were you in a fight, or were you having sex? | 你是打架了吗 还是做爱了 |
[05:22] | The two aren’t mutually exclusive. | 这两件事并不互相抵触 |
[05:29] | Anyway, I’m confident her employers are also in the dark. | 总之 我很确信她老板也不知情 |
[05:33] | Well, while you were sparring, you missed a call. | 你在对打的时候 来了个电话 |
[05:35] | I’ll check my voice mail. | 我会检查我的语音信箱 |
[05:37] | No need. It was one of the counselors at Hemdale– | 不用了 是汉姆戴尔的一个顾问 |
[05:41] | Gene Winnick. | 基恩·温尼克 |
[05:42] | When he couldn’t reach you, he called me. | 他联系不上你 于是给我打了电话 |
[05:44] | I remember him. | 我记得他 |
[05:46] | He’s a nice bloke. | 他人不错 |
[05:47] | He wanted us to contact a friend of his, | 他想让我们联系他的一个朋友 |
[05:49] | a woman who runs a halfway house on the Lower East Side. | 一个在下东区经营中途之家的女人 |
[05:52] | She thinks she has information about a murder. | 她觉得自己知道一些关于谋杀案的信息 |
[05:59] | Are your residents mostly men in recovery? | 你这里的大部分人都是在戒毒的人吗 |
[06:02] | We also have a lot of parolees who have been released | 我们也有很多刚刚释放的假释犯 |
[06:04] | to transitional housing; some homeless, too. | 正在经历过渡期 还有一些无家可归的人 |
[06:07] | You said you knew something about a murder. | 你说你知道一些关于谋杀的事 |
[06:11] | His name was Dennis Hicks. | 他叫丹尼斯·希克斯 |
[06:13] | He was shot in his apartment in Queens two weeks ago. | 两周前他在皇后区的公寓被枪杀了 |
[06:16] | The police think he was killed by robbers. | 警察认为他是被抢劫犯杀死的 |
[06:19] | But you think otherwise? | 你不这么认为吗 |
[06:22] | Let’s go to my office. | 去我办公室谈吧 |
[06:24] | Fairbridge University– you’ve heard of it? | 费尔布里奇大学 你们听说过吗 |
[06:27] | They have ads all over the city. | 他们的广告在城里到处可见 |
[06:29] | And they’ve been in the news a lot lately. | 最近也经常出现在新闻里 |
[06:31] | Government is cracking down on for-profit colleges, | 政府在打击盈利性学校 |
[06:34] | and Fairbridge’s name comes up a lot. | 费尔布里奇大学的名字经常出现 |
[06:36] | They’re being investigated | 他们目前正在被 |
[06:37] | by the Department of Education right now. | 教育部调查 |
[06:40] | Long list of accusations, | 一长串罪名 |
[06:42] | including illegal recruiting tactics. | 其中包括违法招生 |
[06:45] | Since federal loans make up most of their income, | 自从联邦贷款成为他们的主要收入后 |
[06:48] | if it doesn’t go their way, they get shut down. | 如果不按他们的来 就会被关停 |
[06:51] | Dennis was a recruiter for Fairbridge. | 丹尼斯是费尔布里奇的招生人员 |
[06:55] | He was about to testify as a whistle-blower. | 他本来是要检举他们的 |
[06:57] | That’s why they killed him. | 所以他们杀了他 |
[06:59] | Or so you believe. | 也许只是你这么想 |
[07:01] | Uh, so what’s your connection to all of this | 所以除了你认识丹尼斯·希克斯外 |
[07:03] | beyond Dennis Hicks being someone you knew? | 你和这一切有什么关联 |
[07:05] | Fairbridge University owns us. | 我们归费尔布里奇大学管 |
[07:08] | So why would a college want to own a halfway house? | 为什么一所大学会想成为中途之家的业主 |
[07:11] | Because we’re a source of warm bodies | 因为我们提供活人 |
[07:13] | and social security numbers– | 和社会保账号 |
[07:15] | and that’s pretty much all they care about. | 基本上他们只关心这个 |
[07:20] | Five years ago, we were hurting for cash. | 五年前 我们急缺钱 |
[07:23] | When Fairbridge offered to buy us, | 当费尔布里奇大学提出要收购我们时 |
[07:25] | even I thought it was a good idea. | 连我都觉得太好了 |
[07:27] | Turns out we let the devil in the door. | 结果我们引狼入室了 |
[07:29] | 帮你找到 新工作 | |
[07:29] | Ever since, | 此后 |
[07:31] | the school’s been aggressively recruiting our residents. | 学校就一直大量招收我们的住户 |
[07:33] | And I’m not allowed to do anything about it. | 而我没有权力过问 |
[07:37] | forgive our ignorance– | 原谅我们的无知 |
[07:39] | my partner and I tend to think of higher education | 我跟我搭档倾向于认为高学历 |
[07:40] | as being a good thing, so what is so bad about people | 是件好事 所以为什么你说 |
[07:42] | who are trying to turn their lives around going to college? | 大家努力进大学不是好事呢 |
[07:45] | If they were getting a real education | 如果他们得到真正的教育 |
[07:47] | and if there was real financial support for them, | 并且得到实际的经济支持 |
[07:49] | I’d be all for it. | 我完全赞成 |
[07:50] | But with this, they’re flat-out lied to. | 但这个项目 他们是实打实的骗子 |
[07:53] | Recruiters promise degrees | 招收官承诺的学位 |
[07:55] | that the school doesn’t even offer, | 学校根本就不颁发 |
[07:56] | and help with job placement that they never give. | 说安排就业也从没兑现过 |
[07:59] | They’ll say anything to get people to sign on the dotted line. | 他们为了让大家在虚线上签字什么话都说 |
[08:02] | And in this case, the dotted lines are on student loan applications. | 这里虚线指的是学生贷款申请表 |
[08:06] | The school gets its money, and when my guys get out or drop out, | 学校收到钱 而当我的住户退学或辍学 |
[08:10] | they’re just as unemployable as ever, | 他们就像以前一样无法受雇了 |
[08:12] | only now they’re buried in debt. | 而且还欠了一屁股债 |
[08:14] | And whatever money they do make is seized by collectors. | 而他们真正赚的钱却被代理人扣着 |
[08:17] | And we all know how helpful that is | 我们都知道当你想要重新开始时 |
[08:18] | when you’re trying to get your life back on track. | 这些钱对你有多重要 |
[08:22] | I’ve assembled a list of cases | 我收集了一堆 |
[08:25] | that I’m presenting to the D.O.E. | 正要呈报教育部的案件 |
[08:27] | Vulnerable people who I promised to help | 当事人都是我承诺过要帮助的弱者 |
[08:29] | who have been criminally deceived by Fairbridge. | 却被费尔布里奇大学用违法手段欺骗了 |
[08:33] | Now, I’ve talked to the police, | 我已经告诉了警察 |
[08:34] | but they just think I’m crazy. | 可他们却觉得是我疯了 |
[08:37] | A good man’s been murdered. | 一个好人被害了 |
[08:41] | So… what do you say? | 所以 你们怎么看 |
[08:43] | Will you look into it? | 你们会调查吗 |
[08:48] | It says here Dennis Hicks lived in Astoria. | 资料上说丹尼斯·希克斯住在阿斯托里亚 |
[08:50] | That’s the 116. | 是116区 |
[08:52] | We could reach out to whoever caught the case, | 我们可以问问是谁接的案子 |
[08:54] | at least see where it stands. | 至少看看现在的情况 |
[08:56] | Assuming there’s a case left to see. | 前提是还有案子可看 |
[08:57] | Crime scene’s two weeks old. | 犯罪现场是两周前的 |
[09:00] | Body’s probably in the ground already. | 尸体说不定早埋了 |
[09:04] | You remember Lukas Muller, the, uh, Interpol agent? | 你记得国际刑警探员卢卡斯·穆勒吗 |
[09:07] | Sure. | 记得 |
[09:08] | He got us information on that Swiss bank account a few weeks ago. | 他几周前给了我们瑞士银行账户的信息 |
[09:10] | My father pays him for such help– | 我父亲花钱雇的他 |
[09:12] | now, if he was in the old man’s pocket two years ago, | 如果他两年前就在为那个老家伙做事 |
[09:15] | stands to reason he was asked to investigate the shooting | 那他就有可能被派去调查过 |
[09:17] | which cost Sabine Raoult her life. | 萨宾·拉乌尔被害的案子 |
[09:19] | Well, you’re assuming there was an investigation. | 你假设的是有调查这一环节 |
[09:21] | Your father may know exactly who came after him. | 你父亲可能很清楚是谁在追杀他 |
[09:23] | And then discreetly handled the matter himself? No. | 然后自己谨慎地处理掉了吗 不会 |
[09:26] | He was lying when he said the matter was resolved. | 他说问题解决了时是在说谎 |
[09:29] | Anyway, I reached out to Muller several times, no response. | 话说回来 我问了穆勒几次都没有回应 |
[09:32] | But my contact at Interpol’s New York office | 但我在国际刑警组织纽约办公室的联系人 |
[09:34] | has just told me he’s in town for a conference. | 刚告知我他为了参加会议来了镇上 |
[09:37] | So while I’m looking into this, | 所以我来调查这边 |
[09:38] | are you gonna fight Muller or are you gonna sleep with him? | 你是要去和穆勒打一架还是睡一觉 |
[09:41] | You get any pushback at the 116, | 你要是在116区遇到任何阻拦 |
[09:43] | just remind their lieutenant that he owes me. | 告诉他们的长官他欠我人情 |
[09:45] | I helped get his two-timing son-in-law deported. | 我帮他把脚踏两条船的女婿遣出国门了 |
[09:52] | Body was found on the floor over there. | 尸体在那边的地板上发现的 |
[09:55] | Three rounds from a nine-millimeter. | 身中三发子弹 九毫米口径手枪 |
[09:58] | Looks like the intruders took the stereo, Xbox… | 看起来闯入者拿走了音响 游戏机… |
[10:03] | some things off the counter. | 柜台的一些东西 |
[10:06] | Apartment’s paid up for the month, | 这个月房租已付 |
[10:06] | so the landlord gave the family time to clean it out. | 所以房东给受害人家属一段时间清理 |
[10:11] | I got to ask: why does Major Crimes | 我必须要问 为什么重案组 |
[10:13] | need a consultant to go over all this? | 需要一个顾问来查这些 |
[10:16] | I’m not checking your work. | 我不是在检查你的工作 |
[10:17] | A friend of the victim asked us to take a look. | 是被害人的朋友请我们来调查的 |
[10:19] | You might have spoken to her– Lily Cooper. | 也许你已经跟她谈过了 莉莉·库珀 |
[10:21] | The one who thinks Mr. Hicks’ employers had him killed? | 就是认为希克斯先生的雇主杀了他的那人吗 |
[10:25] | And the five other homes that were broken into that night, | 而当晚被盗的其他五家 |
[10:27] | they do all that as… cover? | 都只是烟雾弹吗 |
[10:30] | All the break-ins happen between here and 30th Avenue, | 所有被盗人家都在这里和三十号大街之间 |
[10:33] | all within a couple of hours. | 都在几小时内 |
[10:34] | And there were no witnesses? | 然而没找到目击者 |
[10:36] | The crew that did it got in and out of the other spots | 偷窃团体进出这些地方 |
[10:37] | without running into any residents– Hicks was… unlucky. | 没有撞见任何居民 希克斯不走运啊 |
[10:41] | I think you’re right. | 我认为你是对的 |
[10:43] | Not about Hicks being unlucky… | 不是希克斯不走运的事 |
[10:45] | but about the killer not staging the five other break-ins. | 而是凶手没有出现在其他五户被盗家里 |
[10:49] | I don’t think what happened here was connected to those. | 我不认为这里发生的事情和那些有关联 |
[10:54] | Look at the last names of all the other families. | 看看其他家的姓氏 |
[10:56] | They’re all Russian. | 他们都是俄罗斯人 |
[10:58] | There’s a lot of Russians in this neighborhood. | 小区有很多俄罗斯人 |
[11:00] | Yes. But if you exclude Hicks, | 没错 但除开希克斯 |
[11:02] | the crew hit only Russians. | 盗贼就只偷了俄罗斯人 |
[11:04] | There’s a Russian Orthodox church | 几条街区外 |
[11:05] | just a few blocks away. | 就有一家俄罗斯东正教堂 |
[11:07] | And the night of the break-ins was also the Eve of the Epiphany. | 入室抢劫那晚还是主显节前夕 |
[11:10] | – The what? – If the thieves had an association with the church, | -什么 -如果小偷在那家教堂有关系 |
[11:13] | they would have known | 他们就会知道 |
[11:13] | which families were attending services that night. | 那晚有哪些家庭出席 |
[11:16] | That would explain how they only broke into homes that were empty. | 那就能解释为什么他们只偷了没人的住户 |
[11:21] | That’s one of the homes that was hit, right? | 那是被偷的住户之一 是吗 |
[11:24] | Yeah. | 对 |
[11:25] | And that apartment and this one can look right into each other. | 那间公寓和这家可以互相看到 |
[11:29] | And according to this, | 根据文件记载 |
[11:29] | they didn’t take very much from that one. | 他们在那家没偷多少东西 |
[11:31] | Maybe because they left in a hurry. | 或许是因为他们急着离开 |
[11:34] | Because they heard gunshots coming from over here and figured… | 因为他们听到了这边有枪击声 想到… |
[11:37] | the police were on their way. | 警察就要来了 |
[11:40] | Nobody from that building saw the shooter coming or going, | 那栋楼没人看到凶手进出 |
[11:43] | but maybe the thieves did. | 但小偷或许看到了 |
[12:16] | You remember me. | 你记得我 |
[12:18] | I have nothing to say to you. | 我没什么可跟你说的 |
[12:20] | Please leave me alone. | 请别来烦我 |
[12:21] | I anticipated you having reservations | 我想到你会介意 |
[12:23] | about me approaching you in public– | 我和你在公众场合见面 |
[12:25] | it might expose your arrangement with my father. | 因为这可能会暴露你和我父亲的计划 |
[12:27] | That’s why I chose so private a setting. | 所以我选择了私人空间 |
[12:29] | Don’t worry about the cameras. | 别担心摄像头 |
[12:30] | I disabled them a short while ago. | 我之前已经切断电源了 |
[12:38] | As you may be aware, there was an attempt on his life | 你也许知道 不到两年前 |
[12:40] | just under two years ago- | 有人想取他性命 |
[12:41] | I’m trying to ascertain to | 我想了解一下 |
[12:42] | what degree the matter was investigated. | 那件事的调查进展 |
[12:43] | I imagine you are. | 我想也是 |
[12:45] | Trying to figure out how much he knows? | 想搞清楚他知道多少吗 |
[12:46] | I’ve given up asking what he knows, | 我已经放弃了解他知道多少了 |
[12:48] | so I’m asking what you know. | 所以我现在来问你 |
[12:49] | Ask someone else. | 去问别人吧 |
[12:51] | Mr. Muller, I have friends here that my father | 穆勒先生 我父亲可能会让我朋友 |
[12:52] | may be placing in danger. | 身陷险境 |
[12:54] | What is your game? | 你在玩什么游戏 |
[12:56] | My “Game”? | “游戏” |
[12:58] | On second thought, I don’t want to know. | 我又想了想 还是别告诉我了 |
[13:00] | I have a family. I have a wife. | 我有家庭 妻子 |
[13:03] | You and your father can both go to hell. | 你和你父亲可以一起去死了 |
[13:09] | Every family whose home was hit | 每个被偷的家庭 |
[13:11] | had RSVP’d to a dinner that night at the church. | 都回复过要参加那晚在教堂的晚宴 |
[13:15] | So we looked at who had access to those RSVPs. | 所以我们查了一下谁能看到这些回复 |
[13:18] | Turns out the leader of your little gang– Roland– | 发现了你们一伙的头 罗兰 |
[13:22] | he works for the caterer. | 他是厨师的助手 |
[13:24] | He also had a record, so we started with him. | 他还有犯罪记录 所以我们先查的他 |
[13:27] | He gave the rest of you up. | 他供出了你们 |
[13:29] | He’s not “The leader.” | 他不是”头” |
[13:32] | No? That’s funny… | 不是吗 有意思… |
[13:34] | he definitely described you as a minor player. | 他完全把你们形容成一帮小角色啊 |
[13:38] | No, seriously… you should be thanking him. | 不 说真的…你该谢谢他 |
[13:40] | The only reason you’re sitting here talking to us, | 你能坐在这跟我们说话 |
[13:42] | the only reason the DA is offering you a deal and not him, | 地检给你提供协议而不给他提供的唯一原因 |
[13:45] | is that he said you were the one keeping watch out the window. | 是因为他说你负责观察窗外情况 |
[13:49] | See, we’re a lot more interested in the homicide | 跟你相比 我们对你看到的 |
[13:51] | you saw across the street than we are in you. | 街对面的凶手感兴趣多了 |
[13:56] | So Roland would do more time than me? | 所以罗兰服刑时间会比我长吗 |
[13:58] | Guaranteed. | 肯定比你长 |
[14:01] | I was looking out the window. | 我当时看着窗外 |
[14:04] | There was a scary looking guy… | 有个长相凶恶的男人… |
[14:06] | shaved head, Hispanic, tattoos. | 光头 西班牙裔 有纹身 |
[14:10] | Had his gun out like this. | 他这样举着枪 |
[14:13] | And the other guy’s begging for his life. | 另一个人求他饶过自己一命 |
[14:16] | And he just plugs him full of bullets. | 然后他就朝他射光了所有子弹 |
[14:21] | Okay, first let’s get your hand out of my face. | 好了 你先把手放下 |
[14:24] | Then let’s back up… | 我们再回顾一遍… |
[14:25] | Hey. That lead on the witness paid off… | 目击者的线索有用了… |
[14:26] | he’s giving Marcus a statement right now. | 他正在向马库斯提供证词 |
[14:29] | After this, we’ll have him sit down with a sketch artist. | 稍后我们会让他帮忙提供嫌犯素描 |
[14:31] | Where are you? | 你在哪 |
[14:32] | I’ve returned to Lily Cooper’s office at the halfway house. | 我又来莉莉·库珀的中途之家了 |
[14:36] | So once we have a sketch, I’ll forward it to you. | 我们一画出素描 我就转发给你 |
[14:38] | Maybe Lily can identify the guy. | 或许莉莉能认出那个人 |
[14:40] | That sketch might be more important than ever. | 那素描可能比任何时候都更重要 |
[14:42] | Lily won’t be identifying anyone. | 莉莉已经不能再辨认任何人了 |
[14:45] | I’m here because one of the detectives | 我来这里是因为警探 |
[14:46] | found my card on her desk. | 在她桌上发现了我的名片 |
[14:49] | She’s been strangled. | 她被掐死了 |
[14:56] | Lily Cooper had a locked strongbox bolted inside her desk. | 莉莉·库珀桌子里有个嵌入式保险箱 |
[14:59] | It’s where her staff kept contraband | 里面放着她的员工从居民那 |
[15:00] | they confiscated from residents. | 没收的违禁品 |
[15:02] | Staffer who discovered the body found it like that. | 发现尸体的职员发现保险箱打开了 |
[15:04] | Whoever killed Lily wanted it to look like | 杀了莉莉的人希望凶案看起来 |
[15:06] | it was over the contents of the box. | 是为了保险箱里的东西 |
[15:09] | And you don’t buy it? | 你觉得不是吗 |
[15:10] | When Sherlock and I went to see her yesterday, | 昨天夏洛克和我去见她的时候 |
[15:12] | she showed us a file of case histories | 她给我们看了她打算交给教育部的 |
[15:14] | she was about to present to the D.O.E. | 关于一些过往案件的文件 |
[15:16] | When Sherlock went back to her office, the file was gone. | 夏洛克再去她办公室时 文件就不见了 |
[15:18] | She thought that Dennis Hicks was murdered | 她认为丹尼斯·希克斯被杀 |
[15:20] | because he was cooperating in a case | 是因为他在案件中配合 |
[15:22] | against Fairbridge University… | 指控了费尔布里奇大学… |
[15:24] | We think she may have been killed for the same reason. | 我们认为她可能也是因为这个被杀的 |
[15:26] | And Holmes? Where’s he? | 福尔摩斯呢 他在哪 |
[15:28] | He’s dealing with a family thing. | 他在处理家事 |
[15:31] | You don’t want to know. | 你不会想知道的 |
[15:33] | So what now? I take it you have something | 现在怎么办 我想你应该有比 |
[15:34] | more specific in mind than “Arrest a college.” | “逮捕一所大学”更明确的想法吧 |
[15:37] | Well, we have a finest message out | 我们现在有一个很明确的线索 |
[15:38] | with the sketch of Dennis Hicks’s shooter, | 杀害丹尼斯·希克斯凶手的素描 |
[15:40] | and detectives are re-canvassing both scenes. | 警探也在细查两个命案现场 |
[15:42] | We’ll see if anyone recognizes the face. | 看看有没有人认出这家伙吧 |
[15:44] | Even though we’re pretty sure he’s just a hired gun. | 尽管我们很确定他只是受雇于人 |
[15:47] | Fairbridge’s hired gun? | 费尔布里奇大学雇的杀手吗 |
[15:49] | Well, this is the CEO of Fairbridge University, | 这是费尔布里奇大学的执行董事 |
[15:52] | Wilson Trager… he is the university. | 威尔森·崔格…他就是这所学校 |
[15:54] | It’s privately owned by him. | 这所学校是他个人的 |
[15:56] | No one stands to lose more | 如果教育部胜诉 |
[15:57] | if the D.O.E. rules against them. | 没人会比他损失更大 |
[16:00] | Then I guess I know your next stop. | 那我应该知道你们接下来要去哪了 |
[16:08] | Detective Bell. | 贝尔警探 |
[16:09] | Miss Watson. | 华生女士 |
[16:11] | Wilson Trager. | 我是威尔森·崔格 |
[16:12] | Yeah, thanks for seeing us. | 感谢你有时间见我们 |
[16:13] | Of course. I assume you’re here | 当然 我想你们过来 |
[16:15] | because of the murder that took place a couple of weeks ago. | 是为了几周前发生的凶杀案吧 |
[16:17] | The poor guy who works in the call center or something? | 可怜的家伙 他是在客服工作吧 |
[16:20] | His name was Dennis Hicks… He was VP of Recruiting. | 他叫丹尼斯·希克斯…是招聘部的副总 |
[16:23] | Right. Sure. | 对 对 |
[16:24] | Actually, two of your employees have been murdered. | 事实上 你的两个雇员都被害了 |
[16:26] | A woman named Lily Cooper was killed yesterday. | 一个叫莉莉·库珀的女人昨天被杀了 |
[16:28] | She was the director of East River Hope House, which you own. | 她是你名下东河希望之家的总监 |
[16:32] | Oh, my God, that’s… terrible. | 天啊 太…糟糕了 |
[16:34] | We’re thinking there’s a connection. | 我们认为两起凶案有关联 |
[16:36] | We were hoping we could ask you a few questions? | 我们想问你一些问题 |
[16:38] | Actually, Mr. Trager was just leaving | 事实上 崔格先生正要离开 |
[16:40] | for an important meeting. It can’t be rescheduled. | 去参加一场重要的会议 无法重新安排 |
[16:42] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[16:43] | But I’ve asked Josh and Bill | 但我已经嘱咐乔什和比尔 |
[16:45] | to help you in any way they can. | 尽其所能地协助你们调查 |
[16:46] | Two people now? | 又一人遇害了 |
[16:48] | I want to know everything. And, uh… | 我要了解所有事情 还有 |
[16:50] | you know, remind me to send something to the families. | 提醒我给这些家庭送点东西以示慰问 |
[16:53] | Thank you for everything that you’re doing. | 感谢你们的努力 |
[16:54] | Yes, Mr. Trager, we… | 崔格先生 我们 |
[16:55] | Uh, we can answer your questions. Please, | 我们可以回答你们的问题 请吧 |
[16:58] | right this way. | 这边走 |
[17:03] | Can we hang on to this? | 我们能留下这个吗 |
[17:04] | We’ll show it to Mr. Trager | 我们会拿给崔格先生看 |
[17:06] | and obviously let you know if it sparks anything. | 如果他想起什么肯定会告知你们 |
[17:08] | Again, we were hoping to put our questions | 再次重申 我们希望亲自 |
[17:10] | to Mr. Trager ourselves. | 向崔格先生提问 |
[17:12] | And why would that be necessary? | 有什么必要呢 |
[17:13] | Because we’re trying to solve two murders, | 因为我们正在调查两场凶杀案 |
[17:15] | and both victims were assisting a D.O.E. Investigation | 而两名受害人都曾协助过教育部的调查 |
[17:17] | that could cost him millions. | 可能会使他损失数百万 |
[17:19] | We… Wait. | 我们 等等 |
[17:20] | So… in so many words, you came here to accuse Mr. Trager | 所以 你们是来指控崔格先生 |
[17:23] | of hiring an assassin? | 雇用了杀手吗 |
[17:25] | “Accuse” is a strong word at this stage. | 目前用”指控”这词有点严重了 |
[17:28] | But you’re hardly here for a friendly chat. | 但你们来这儿也不是为了友好的谈话 |
[17:31] | And you wonder why you’re talking to us instead of him. | 而你们还质疑为什么只能跟我们谈 |
[17:33] | Does he have something to hide? | 他有什么要隐瞒的吗 |
[17:36] | We’ll ask Mr. Trager if he knows anything | 我们会询问崔格先生是否知道 |
[17:38] | about either of the victims. | 任何关于这两位受害人的事 |
[17:40] | Though based on what we all just saw in the lobby, | 虽然基于我们刚刚在大厅的所见所闻 |
[17:42] | I’d say he barely knew they existed. | 我觉得他几乎不认识他们 |
[17:45] | As for the D.O.E. Investigation, | 至于教育部调查的事 |
[17:46] | we’ve got it handled, I promise you. | 我们已经解决了 我向你们保证 |
[17:49] | But look, uh… you heard Mr. Trager tell us | 但你看 你们也听到了崔格先生嘱咐我们 |
[17:51] | to help you in any way we can- | 尽我们所能地帮助你们 |
[17:53] | we’ll give you full access to his secretarial staff, | 我们会给你们所有权限去接触他的秘书人员 |
[17:55] | his date book, his computer. | 查看他的日程表以及电脑 |
[17:57] | You find any evidence that he or anyone else here | 如果你们发现了任何他或是这里的任何人 |
[17:59] | hired an assassin, more power to you. | 雇佣杀手的证据 随你们处置 |
[18:14] | Lukas Muller is in New York. | 卢卡斯·穆勒在纽约 |
[18:16] | I paid him a visit yesterday. | 我昨天去拜访了他 |
[18:19] | Why would you… | 你为什么 |
[18:19] | I was surprised, and indeed confused, | 我很吃惊 也着实很困惑 |
[18:21] | by the way that he treated me. | 他对待我的方式 |
[18:23] | During our one prior interaction, | 上次我们接触时 |
[18:25] | I had noticed a baseline nervousness to the man, | 我发现此人表现出了紧张不安 |
[18:27] | but that could be written off to circumstance. | 但基于当时状况也情有可原 |
[18:29] | He was, after all, sharing secrets | 他毕竟冒着丢掉工作的风险 |
[18:30] | which could have cost him his job. | 与我们分享秘密情报 |
[18:33] | I’m the son of the man who lines his pockets, | 我毕竟是给他付钱的人的儿子 |
[18:35] | so yesterday I expected him to treat me as a friend. | 所以昨天我期望他能把我视作朋友 |
[18:38] | Instead, he treated me like an enemy. | 然而 他却视我为敌人 |
[18:41] | More precisely, a threat. | 更准确地说是威胁 |
[18:45] | I know, Father. | 我知道的 父亲 |
[18:47] | Know what? | 知道什么 |
[18:48] | Why you never mentioned your brush with death. | 你为什么没有提及你与死亡擦身而过的经历 |
[18:51] | Why you never asked me, | 为什么你从没向我 |
[18:52] | the finest detective you know, for assistance. | 你所认识的最出色的侦探 寻求帮助 |
[18:58] | You believe that I’m the man who tried to kill you. | 你相信我就是那个想要杀你的人 |
[19:03] | It’s made me wonder why you… | 这让我不禁思考 |
[19:05] | really came to New York. | 你来纽约的真正目的 |
[19:07] | Were you just following up on your suspicions, | 你仅仅是出于疑虑 |
[19:09] | or did you intend to do me harm? | 还是想对我下手 |
[19:14] | I did, at one time, suspect you. | 我的确一度怀疑过你 |
[19:17] | But I’ve long since moved off the notion. | 但我早已打消了这念头 |
[19:20] | I’m satisfied that you weren’t involved. | 我很高兴你没有参与此事 |
[19:22] | Though Muller, apparently, is not. | 显然穆勒不这么想 |
[19:26] | You and I have had our differences… | 你我之间有过分歧 |
[19:28] | to put it mildly… | 说得委婉些 |
[19:31] | but I’ve always thought that at the very least | 但我一直都认为 无论如何 |
[19:33] | you knew the content of my character. | 你起码了解我的品性 |
[19:37] | If you don’t know, without question, | 如果你不是毫无疑问地坚信 |
[19:40] | that I’m not a killer… | 我不是个杀手 |
[19:43] | then there really is no foundation for us to build on. | 那我们之间关系发展的基础也就不存在了 |
[19:48] | This… | 这个 |
[19:49] | experiment of ours has reached its end. | 我们之间的实验也就到此为止了 |
[19:52] | If for no other reason than to preserve my safety and Watson’s. | 出于对我和华生安全的考虑 |
[19:57] | I do hope you’ll agree. | 我希望你能同意 |
[20:01] | And if you have any lingering doubts, | 如果你还有任何挥之不去的疑虑 |
[20:04] | here’s how you can be certain | 这一点你大可放心 |
[20:06] | I’m not the one who tried to kill you. | 我不是那个想杀你的人 |
[20:09] | You’re alive. | 你还活着呢 |
[20:32] | Hey, I didn’t know you were back. | 我不知道你回来了 |
[20:34] | I was down in my office. | 我在办公室里 |
[20:36] | That’s the honey we got for your father when he comes over. | 这不是我们给你父亲来访时准备的蜂蜜吗 |
[20:38] | So it is. | 没错 |
[20:41] | I guess that means the conversation went poorly. | 我猜这意味着你们的谈话不太顺利 |
[20:44] | I was right– | 我是对的 |
[20:45] | two years ago he thought I was behind his near murder. | 两年前他以为我是让他差点被杀的幕后主使 |
[20:48] | And now? | 现在呢 |
[20:49] | Now, according to him, I am a former suspect; | 现在 根据他的说法 我是前嫌疑人 |
[20:52] | I’m not at the center of an elaborate revenge plot. | 我没有精心策划这场复仇 |
[20:56] | You believe him? | 你相信他吗 |
[20:57] | I do. | 我相信 |
[20:58] | But I also think I was right two weeks ago. | 但我也认为两周前我是对的 |
[21:01] | The matter’s not resolved. | 问题还没解决 |
[21:02] | The culprit is still at large. | 凶手依然逍遥法外 |
[21:04] | The good news is, | 好消息是 |
[21:06] | we need no longer fear about being in Father’s proximity, | 我们不用再担心要接近父亲了 |
[21:08] | because we will no longer be in his proximity. | 因为我们不再是他身边的人了 |
[21:12] | I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[21:14] | Don’t be sorry. He and I have gone years | 不用遗憾 他和我曾经数年 |
[21:16] | without talking in the past; it’s an arrangement that works. | 断绝往来 这种安排很可行 |
[21:19] | Any luck, we’ll be returning to it soon. | 运气好的话 我们很快就会回到当初了 |
[21:22] | How went your meeting with Wilson Trager? | 你和威尔森·崔格的见面怎么样 |
[21:25] | It’s hard to say. | 很难说 |
[21:25] | It was more of a non-meeting than a meeting. | 这个见面跟不见没什么区别 |
[21:28] | He blew past us and stuck us | 他躲过会面 |
[21:29] | with a couple of lawyers, and then | 用两个律师来搪塞我们 之后 |
[21:31] | they gave us full access to his life. | 那俩律师给了我们查看他生活的所有权限 |
[21:32] | Bank and travel records, e-mails… | 银行和旅行记录 邮件 |
[21:34] | Suggests confidence we will find nothing. | 证明他们很有信心我们什么都找不到 |
[21:37] | Well, I’ve been going through all of it. | 我在查看所有信息 |
[21:39] | So far, no mysterious wire transfers | 目前为止 没有可疑的汇款 |
[21:41] | or secret liaisons with hit men. | 或是和杀手的秘密联络 |
[21:43] | But that’s assuming that Trager paid for everything himself. | 但前提是崔格用的是自己的钱 |
[21:46] | If he used the college’s money, | 如果他用了学校的钱 |
[21:47] | it could take years to find the trail. | 得花好几年才能发现痕迹 |
[21:53] | You’re on speaker. | 我开免提了 |
[21:54] | That sketch we’ve been showing around– | 我们到处给人看的那份素描 |
[21:56] | some of the staff at Lily Cooper’s halfway house | 莉莉·库珀中途之家的一些员工 |
[21:58] | I.D.’d the guy– Victor Nieves. | 认出了这人 维克多·尼耶维斯 |
[22:01] | He’s an ex-con. He lived there a few years ago. | 他是个前科犯 几年前住在那里 |
[22:03] | His parole officer had a current address on file. | 他的假释官有他现在的地址 |
[22:06] | We know he’s armed and dangerous. | 他有武器 而且很危险 |
[22:08] | ESU is rolling now. Marcus is with them. | 特警队正在集合 马库斯跟他们在一起 |
[22:11] | I’ll let you know if we find anything. | 要是有发现再告诉你们 |
[22:13] | I already told you. | 我已经告诉你们了 |
[22:16] | I don’t know where Victor is. | 我不知道维克多在哪 |
[22:18] | All right, well, when was the last time you saw him? | 好吧 你上次见他是什么时候 |
[22:21] | I don’t know. | 我说不好 |
[22:22] | Two days ago, maybe three? | 两天前 也许三天 |
[22:28] | Mrs. Nieves, | 尼耶维斯太太 |
[22:28] | it was raining earlier today, and those boots are still wet. | 今天早前下过雨 而那双靴子还是湿的 |
[22:32] | Someone other than your husband leave them here? | 除了你丈夫还有人住这儿吗 |
[22:42] | Please. | 求求你 |
[22:46] | He’s a good man. | 他是个好人 |
[22:50] | Don’t hurt him. | 别伤害他 |
[22:51] | Hey, believe me, | 相信我 |
[22:53] | we’d all rather keep things peaceful. | 我们都希望和和气气的 |
[22:55] | But I’m not gonna lie to you. | 但我不会骗你 |
[22:57] | Your husband’s in trouble, and we have to find him, | 你丈夫惹麻烦了 我们得找到他 |
[22:59] | so the best thing you can do is help us bring him in. | 所以你的最好选择就是帮我们找到他 |
[23:02] | You have any idea where he would have gone? | 你知道他可能去了哪吗 |
[23:12] | Hey. What’s your name? | 嗨 你叫什么名字 |
[23:13] | Mayra. | 梅拉 |
[23:14] | Mayra? | 梅拉 |
[23:16] | Castle Kingdom– I know that place. | 城堡王国 我知道那里 |
[23:19] | My brother and I used to go there. | 我和我弟弟以前常去 |
[23:21] | You go with your folks? | 你跟你的家人一起去的吗 |
[23:23] | What happened there? | 你手上怎么了 |
[23:25] | I fell. | 我摔倒了 |
[23:26] | You fell at the park? | 你在公园摔倒了 |
[23:28] | That’s no fun. | 这可不是闹着玩的 |
[23:30] | Here, let me fix that for you. | 来 我帮你贴好 |
[23:35] | That look more than a day old to you? | 你觉得这伤超过一天了吗 |
[23:39] | Mayra, when were you at the park? | 梅拉 你们什么时候去的公园 |
[23:45] | Gregson. | 格雷森 |
[23:46] | Yeah, it’s me. | 是我 |
[23:47] | Nieves’s little girl just alibied him | 尼耶维斯的女儿为他提供了 |
[23:49] | for the second murder– looks like the whole family was | 第二起谋杀的不在场证明 昨天他们全家 |
[23:51] | at an amusement park in South Jersey yesterday until dark. | 在泽西州南部的一个游乐园里玩到了天黑 |
[23:54] | The wife won’t say either way, | 他妻子怎么也不肯说 |
[23:56] | but I found a time stamp receipt in the trash. | 但我在垃圾桶里的收据上发现了时间戳 |
[23:58] | I’m reaching out to the park | 我正前往游乐园 |
[23:59] | to see if they can pull surveillance. | 看他们能否调出监控录像 |
[24:01] | If the story checks out, | 要是证明是真的 |
[24:02] | there’s no way Nieves could’ve killed Lily Cooper. | 尼耶维斯就不可能杀了莉莉·库珀 |
[24:05] | That’s pretty damn interesting. | 还真有意思 |
[24:06] | How so? | 怎么说 |
[24:08] | I was about to call you. | 我正准备打给你呢 |
[24:10] | Victor Nieves just showed up here. | 维克多·尼耶维斯就在局里 |
[24:13] | Turned himself in. | 他自首了 |
[24:15] | He just confessed to both murders. | 两起谋杀他都承认了 |
[24:36] | This took some finding on the part of Lily Cooper’s staff, | 莉莉·库珀那边的员工好找了一阵 |
[24:39] | but, uh… when I explained what it was for, they obliged. | 但我解释了原由 他们就帮忙了 |
[24:44] | That supposed to make me crack? | 那该让我动摇吗 |
[24:47] | I already said I killed her. | 我已经说了我杀了她 |
[24:49] | It’s you people who don’t believe it. | 是你们的人不相信 |
[24:52] | Oh, no, we know you didn’t kill her. | 不 我们知道你没杀她 |
[24:54] | We’ve already established that at the time of her murder | 我们已经知道 她遇害时 |
[24:57] | you were spinning in an oversized teacup | 你正跟你的小女儿在游乐场的大茶杯里 |
[24:58] | with your little girl. | 转圈圈呢 |
[25:01] | No, this photograph’s not for you, it’s for me. | 这照片不是给你看的 是我要看 |
[25:05] | I’ve never been a fan of cutting deals. | 我从来不喜欢跟人谈协议 |
[25:07] | Plea bargains, reduced sentences, mm-mm. | 诉讼交易 减刑 |
[25:10] | I think they’re a necessary evil, | 我觉得这是间接助纣为虐 |
[25:13] | a dilution of justice. | 是淡薄司法公正 |
[25:15] | I’m especially displeased when they help murderers. | 我尤其不高兴它们能帮到谋杀犯 |
[25:18] | And I do believe that you’re a murderer. | 我确信你就是个谋杀犯 |
[25:20] | The ballistics on the weapon that you surrendered | 你上缴的武器上的弹道痕迹 |
[25:22] | match the slugs pulled from Dennis Hicks. | 与丹尼斯·希克斯体内的子弹吻合 |
[25:24] | So… | 所以 |
[25:27] | I don’t want to help you. | 我不想帮你 |
[25:30] | But… | 但是 |
[25:31] | she believed that you were deserving of other people’s help. | 她坚信你值得他人的帮助 |
[25:35] | She was an exemplary human being. | 她是个模范型的人 |
[25:38] | So, as I sit here and I’ve got to try and persuade you | 所以 由于我得坐在这里 |
[25:40] | to give up Wilson Trager in exchange for a deal… | 劝你供出威尔森·崔格 换取减刑 |
[25:43] | it just, you know… | 这照片 |
[25:45] | helps me to remember her. | 能帮我记起她 |
[25:50] | Wilson who? | 什么威尔森 |
[25:54] | In your parole record, it seems like you were trying | 根据你的假释记录来看 |
[25:56] | to walk the straight and narrow after your release from prison. | 你被释放后曾努力走上中规中矩的路 |
[26:00] | You completed your high school diploma, | 你完成了高中学业 |
[26:01] | you held a steady job, | 找了份稳定的工作 |
[26:03] | you enrolled at Fairbridge to study computers… | 你上了费尔布里奇大学学习计算机 |
[26:07] | took out a student loan for that. Yep. | 并申请了助学贷款 |
[26:10] | How much did you owe? | 你还欠多少 |
[26:11] | 75 grand. | 七万五 |
[26:14] | How much did Trager offer you to murder Dennis Hicks? | 崔格出多少钱雇你杀丹尼斯·希克斯 |
[26:18] | Hicks was my recruiter, remember? | 是希克斯招我入学的 记得吗 |
[26:21] | He talked me into going to Fairbridge. | 他劝我上了费尔布里奇大学 |
[26:22] | Fed me a bunch of lies. | 跟我说了一堆谎话 |
[26:25] | I killed him on my own. | 是我自己要杀他的 |
[26:27] | You also confessed | 你还承认 |
[26:28] | to Lily Cooper’s strangulation on your own? | 莉莉·库珀也是你自己要掐死的 |
[26:32] | Trager… | 崔格 |
[26:33] | paid you to kill Dennis Hicks, | 雇你杀了丹尼斯·希克斯 |
[26:35] | and then he paid you again | 然后再次雇你 |
[26:37] | to take the fall for Lily Cooper’s strangulation. | 抗下了掐死莉莉·库珀的罪名 |
[26:40] | Now, assuming that he contracted that out as well, | 要是他把杀莉莉的事也承包了出去 |
[26:43] | you’re not only protecting him, | 那你不仅是在保护他了 |
[26:45] | but you’re protecting the person who actually killed her. | 你还在保护真正杀她的人 |
[26:50] | Why? | 为什么 |
[26:53] | ‘Cause I’m sure that guy didn’t have no choice, either. | 因为我相信那个人也是迫不得已 |
[26:57] | Why on earth would you think that? | 你为什么会那么想 |
[27:11] | Until last night, | 昨晚之前 |
[27:12] | we were assuming Wilson Trager only hired one killer. | 我们一直假设威尔森·崔格只雇了一个杀手 |
[27:15] | But when Victor Nieves’ confession to the murder | 但尼耶维斯承认杀了莉莉·库珀的事 |
[27:18] | of Lily Cooper was punctured, | 被戳穿后 |
[27:19] | we realized that there had to be two. | 我们意识到一定有两个杀手 |
[27:21] | Do you think he’s part of a team? | 你觉得他是一个团伙的成员 |
[27:23] | More likely a collection | 更像是单独召集一些人 |
[27:25] | of individuals with similar problems. | 来处理类似的事 |
[27:27] | He seemed convinced | 他似乎确信 |
[27:28] | he understood the second killer’s circumstances. | 他很了解第二个杀手的处境 |
[27:32] | Why? Because he believes their circumstances to be the same. | 为什么 因为他相信他们的境遇相同 |
[27:36] | We’ve been through Trager’s life with a fine-tooth comb. | 我们仔细梳理了崔格的人生 |
[27:38] | Now, this guy doesn’t have conventional criminal ties, | 这人没有常见的犯罪纽带 |
[27:40] | yet he managed to hire two different killers in two weeks. | 却在两周内成功雇到了两个杀手 |
[27:44] | It’s possible Nieves knows | 有可能是尼耶维斯知道 |
[27:46] | the identity of Lily Cooper’s murderer, | 杀死莉莉·库珀的凶手的身份 |
[27:48] | but I think it’s more likely that he intuitively understood | 但我觉得更像是他直觉上知道 |
[27:51] | where Trager found his second killer. | 崔格是在哪找到的第二个杀手 |
[27:54] | He’s getting them from his own student rolls. | 他是在从自己的学生名册里找人 |
[27:56] | His perch atop a for-profit college | 他在一所盈利性大学的高位 |
[27:58] | gives him access to a unique list: | 让他有了获取特殊名单的权限 |
[28:00] | individuals who sought to improve their lot in life– | 那些争取改善人生的人 |
[28:03] | many of them with criminal records– | 不少人还有着犯罪记录 |
[28:05] | who now, thanks to him, | 现在多亏了他 |
[28:06] | are buckling under student loans they cannot repay. | 能享有他们还不起的助学贷款了 |
[28:09] | This makes them ripe for manipulation. | 这让他们随时可以被操控了 |
[28:11] | We started wondering, maybe these two murders | 我们开始怀疑 也许这两起谋杀 |
[28:13] | weren’t the only times he solved his problems this way, | 不是他第一次用这种方式来解决问题了 |
[28:16] | so we looked for other suspicious incidents in his past. | 所以我们查了他过去其他的可疑事件 |
[28:19] | About a year ago, the college’s main campus | 大约一年前 学校的主校园 |
[28:21] | was being fined for safety violations. | 因安全违规而被罚款了 |
[28:24] | The whole thing got dropped | 后来整件事不了了之 |
[28:25] | because of a fire in the building inspector’s office. | 因为有人在建筑检查员的办公室放了把火 |
[28:28] | All the inspection records were lost, | 所有的调查记录都没了 |
[28:29] | and the city had to start again. | 市里只得重新开始 |
[28:32] | A year before that, Trager wanted to buy | 在那之前一年 崔格想买 |
[28:34] | a co-op on Central Park South. | 中央公园南部的一个合作社 |
[28:36] | For whatever reason, the board was about to reject him– | 不知为何 委员会准备否决他 |
[28:39] | until a swing vote was injured in a hit-and-run. | 后来握有关键一票的人在一起肇事逃逸中受伤了 |
[28:41] | She resigned her spot, ’cause she could no longer fulfill her duties, 182 00:28:51,670 –> 00:28:53,938 and the vote went Trager’s way. | 她让出了自己的席位 因为无法再履行职责了 于是投票就顺了崔格的意 |
[28:47] | Now, if this guy isn’t behind it all, | 如果这家伙是幕后主使 |
[28:48] | he is the luckiest innocent bystander in history. | 那他真是史上最幸运的无辜旁观者了 |
[28:52] | All right, say you’re right, | 好吧 假设你们是对的 |
[28:53] | say the guy’s a gangster, so how do we prove it? | 假设这人是黑帮分子 我们要怎么证明 |
[28:55] | Victor Nieves isn’t gonna help us. | 维克多·尼耶维斯不会帮我们的 |
[28:57] | Well, now that we know what we’re looking for, | 现在我们知道要找什么了 |
[28:59] | we can try and identify other people | 我们可以试着找出其他 |
[29:01] | that Trager coerced. | 被崔格胁迫过的人 |
[29:02] | Look through the school’s past students | 查查这学校以前的学生 |
[29:04] | for people who fit the bill: | 看有谁符合要求 |
[29:05] | ex-cons who defaulted on their loans. | 前科犯 并拖欠了贷款 |
[29:08] | Nieves’s priors were for burglary, | 尼耶维斯的前科是盗窃 |
[29:10] | so we’re thinking Trager may have chosen people | 所以我们认为崔格也许是按技术 |
[29:12] | based on their skills– an arsonist for the office fire, | 在选人的 一个办公室纵火犯 |
[29:15] | a wheelman for the hit-and-run. | 一个飙车手负责肇事逃逸 |
[29:16] | Nieves won’t flip; maybe someone else will. | 尼耶维斯不肯松口 但其他人也许会 |
[29:19] | Fairbridge University has got to have what, | 费尔布里奇大学总得有多少 |
[29:21] | 20,000 students? | 两万人吧 |
[29:23] | That’s got to be hundreds of ex-cons a year. | 那每年得有好几百个前科犯啊 |
[29:26] | You think we’re looking for a needle in a haystack. | 你觉得我们是在大海捞针 |
[29:28] | We are. Or at least Watson and Marcus are. | 的确是 至少华生和马库斯是 |
[29:32] | What are you gonna do? | 你呢 |
[29:33] | Well, I’ve always found the best way | 我嘛 我总能找到最佳方式 |
[29:34] | to come at a haystack is with a pitchfork. | 从大海里捞出针来 |
[29:37] | I’ll see you on the tee at 7:00 a.M. | 早上七点 开球台见 |
[29:41] | You know, I imagined | 我想象过你是那种 |
[29:41] | you’d be the sort to have a private entrance, | 会留个专用入口的人 |
[29:43] | and I’m not disappointed. | 你果然没让我失望 |
[29:45] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[29:46] | Uh, I-I mean you no physical harm. | 我没打算对你造成身体伤害 |
[29:48] | My name is Sherlock Holmes. | 我叫夏洛克·福尔摩斯 |
[29:50] | I’m a consulting detective. | 我是个顾问侦探 |
[29:52] | I believe you brushed off my partner and her colleague | 你昨天应该在大厅 |
[29:54] | in the lobby yesterday. | 躲过了我的搭档和同事 |
[29:57] | Did their feelings get hurt, so they sent you? | 他们觉得伤自尊了 所以派了你来吗 |
[29:59] | No one sent me. | 没人派我来 |
[30:01] | I’ve missed the opportunity to look you in the eye myself, | 我之前错过了亲眼看看你的机会 |
[30:03] | and I thought it was time to rectify that. | 觉着是时候弥补一下了 |
[30:06] | Got it. | 明白 |
[30:08] | Drink? | 喝点吗 |
[30:12] | So… | 好了 |
[30:13] | lay it on me. | 尽管说吧 |
[30:15] | Come on, I could’ve yelled for security | 来吧 我看到你的第一眼 |
[30:17] | the moment I saw you, but I didn’t. | 就可以叫保安来 可我没有 |
[30:20] | Humor me. | 让我听听 |
[30:22] | What do you see? | 你看到了什么 |
[30:24] | I see very much what I expected to see. | 我想看到的都看到了 |
[30:27] | A psychopath with no real human connections, | 一个没有真实人际关系的神经病 |
[30:29] | except for the fa??ades he maintains for convenience. | 却维持着外表假象以图方便 |
[30:31] | A vampire of sorts, | 类似于吸血鬼 |
[30:32] | but instead of blood, you feed on hopes and dreams. | 但你吸的不是血 而是希望和梦想 |
[30:36] | Do one I haven’t been called. | 说个别人没叫过的名字 |
[30:39] | Very well. | 好吧 |
[30:40] | You’re a double destroyer of lives. | 你是个生命的双重破坏者 |
[30:42] | Once when you wrote people into debt, | 你先让人写下欠条 |
[30:44] | and then again when you used that debt | 然后又用欠条 |
[30:46] | to leverage them into doing your bidding. | 来利用人们为你效命 |
[30:49] | Well, I haven’t heard that one. | 这我还真没听过 |
[30:51] | Look, I’m doing | 听着 我做的 |
[30:53] | what guys like me have been doing | 是像我这样的人 |
[30:54] | since the beginning of time. | 从一开始就在做的事 |
[30:56] | Promising people on that side of the wall | 向墙那边的人承诺 |
[30:58] | that what I’m selling will help them get | 我卖的东西能帮他们 |
[31:00] | to this side of the wall. | 到墙的这一边来 |
[31:01] | Why do you care so much? | 你为什么这么在意 |
[31:03] | Wha-wha-what’s it to you? | 跟你有什么关系 |
[31:04] | Oh, two people are dead. | 有两个人死了 |
[31:06] | That’s what it is to me. | 这就是跟我的关系 |
[31:07] | I heard somebody confessed to those killings. | 我听说已经有人承认了那些杀人罪 |
[31:09] | His name is Victor Nieves. | 他叫维克多·尼耶维斯 |
[31:11] | And you’ll be hearing his name at your trial, | 你在庭审时也会听到他的名字 |
[31:14] | because you hired him to commit one murder | 因为你雇他犯下了一桩杀人罪 |
[31:16] | and then take the blame for another. | 然后又顶下了另一桩罪 |
[31:18] | Oh, wait, so you, | 等等 所以你 |
[31:20] | you think that I wanted Dennis Hicks murdered | 你觉得丹尼斯·希克斯泄了密 |
[31:23] | because he was a whistleblower. | 所以我想让他死 |
[31:25] | Okay, but Lily Cooper? | 好吧 那莉莉·库珀呢 |
[31:27] | Why on earth would I want to hurt her? | 我有什么理由要伤害她 |
[31:30] | She was gathering evidence | 她在收集证据 |
[31:31] | to present to the Department of Education, | 要提交给教育部 |
[31:33] | a file with a list of individuals | 是一份包含了 |
[31:34] | that Fairbridge University had deceived. | 费尔布里奇大学被骗学生名单的文件 |
[31:38] | Okay, those guys you just saw me say goodbye to? | 好吧 你看到我刚送走的那些人了吧 |
[31:42] | Lead counsel for the D.O.E. | 他们是教育部的首席律师 |
[31:44] | We just shook hands | 我们刚为一项 |
[31:46] | on a deal that’s been in the works for a week. | 进行了一周的交易握了手 |
[31:48] | Pay a fine, support some guidelines they want to enforce, | 交点罚款 支持些他们想贯彻的指导方针 |
[31:51] | and that’ll be that. | 就搞定了 |
[31:54] | It amounts to nothing. | 没有任何意义 |
[31:55] | So whatever sob story | 所以不管那女人 |
[31:57] | that woman would present, I, I didn’t care. | 会说出多么悲伤的故事 我不在乎 |
[32:00] | I’ve known this investigation’s going away for days. | 据我所知调查几天前就停止了 |
[32:04] | I’m sure you’ll be able to confirm that. | 相信你能确认 |
[32:08] | Obviously, you, uh, | 显然 你… |
[32:10] | you know the way out. | 你知道怎么出去吧 |
[32:15] | Oh, you’re back. | 你回来了 |
[32:18] | Fairbridge University decided to stop cooperating. | 费尔布里奇大学不肯合作了 |
[32:20] | So Marcus and I have been getting help from the D.O.E. | 所以我和马库斯向教育部求助了 |
[32:23] | We’ve been comparing registration | 我们在用登记信息 |
[32:24] | and student loan records | 和学生贷款记录 |
[32:25] | against their department’s databases. | 跟他们在教育部的数据库作对比 |
[32:27] | It’s gonna take some time. | 得花点时间 |
[32:29] | Oh, how’d it go with the haystack? | 你的针捞出来了吗 |
[32:31] | Trager left me questioning his motive | 崔格让我对他杀害莉莉·库珀的动机 |
[32:33] | for having Lily Cooper killed, | 有了疑问 |
[32:34] | but I’m as convinced as ever that he did have her killed. | 但我无比确信他的确杀了她 |
[32:37] | Other than that, one of his diplomas is fake, | 除此之外 他有个学历是伪造的 |
[32:39] | and he’s a hunter, | 他是个猎人 |
[32:41] | so his lack of empathy extends beyond bipeds. | 所以他对两足动物以外的事物没有同情心 |
[32:44] | Expecting someone? | 在等人吗 |
[32:46] | No. | 没有 |
[32:47] | Perhaps I goaded Trager into sending another assassin. | 也许我刺激崔格又派出了一个杀手 |
[32:50] | Seriously? | 真的假的 |
[32:51] | Look on the bright side– if one of us survives, | 想想好的一面 要是我们有人能活下来 |
[32:52] | we’ll have identified another needle. | 我们就能找到另一根针了 |
[33:08] | It was true. | 是真的 |
[33:10] | What you said before. | 你之前说的那些 |
[33:13] | I should never have suspected my own son. | 我不该怀疑自己的儿子 |
[33:18] | I do know you. | 我的确了解你 |
[33:21] | But in my defense, it was not without reason. | 但我要辩解 实在是事出有因 |
[33:25] | I-I’d like to think that we had grown | 我希望认为过去这几个月 |
[33:28] | a little closer these last months to, | 我们的关系变得亲近些了 |
[33:31] | to understanding one another a little better. | 能互相理解得更多一些了 |
[33:35] | Well… you remember where we were two years ago. | 你还记得两年前我们的关系如何 |
[33:39] | Not to mention the decades before. | 更不用说几十年前了 |
[33:44] | My investigators located a Paris cabbie, | 我的调查员锁定了一个巴黎的出租司机 |
[33:48] | who identified you to a tee. | 指认出了你 |
[33:51] | He said he had you as a fare | 他说他确定 |
[33:53] | in the vicinity on the night of the attack. | 袭击那晚你就在附近 |
[33:56] | You were living in London at the time, | 当时你住在伦敦 |
[33:57] | so it seemed plausible. | 所以看起来似乎可信 |
[33:59] | Yeah. | 对 |
[34:01] | Uh, do you think I would’ve been as careless | 你觉得我会不小心到 |
[34:04] | as to allow a witness to identify me? | 留下个目击证人来指证我吗 |
[34:06] | Eventually I asked myself that very question, | 最终 我也问了自己同样的问题 |
[34:09] | and I concluded that it was more likely | 我觉得更有可能 |
[34:11] | that he’d been bribed to throw us off. | 他是被收买来离间我们的 |
[34:15] | Since recanted his tale, has he? | 因为他收回了自己的故事 对吧 |
[34:18] | He’s proved impossible to find again. | 他已经被证明不会再出现了 |
[34:20] | Now whether this means that he is dead | 这到底意味着他已经死了 |
[34:23] | or simply vanished, I, I can’t say. | 还是仅仅消失了 我说不好 |
[34:27] | But I urged my people to move off you | 但不管怎样 我跟我的人进行了争论 |
[34:30] | as a suspect, nonetheless. | 让他们把你移出了嫌疑人名单 |
[34:34] | Lukas Muller just failed to get that memo, did he? | 只是忘了通知卢卡斯·穆勒 是吧 |
[34:36] | Lukas never believed that I’d stopped suspecting you. | 卢卡斯一直不信我会停止怀疑你 |
[34:39] | He was convinced it was just my way of, | 他确信我只是 |
[34:43] | of sending the eyes of the law elsewhere, | 只是想办法把警方引去别处 |
[34:46] | while I dealt with you myself. | 而我要亲自对付你 |
[34:48] | And recently he threatened to tell you as much. | 最近他威胁过要告诉你 |
[34:51] | Right, so then you threatened him back. | 好吧 于是你也威胁了他 |
[34:53] | That’s why he was so afraid of me? | 所以他才那么怕我吗 |
[35:01] | An agent called Jasper De Clerq. | 一个叫加斯帕·德拉科的探员 |
[35:04] | I told Lukas I was behind it. | 我告诉卢卡斯我是幕后主使 |
[35:07] | But you weren’t. | 但你并不是 |
[35:08] | No. | 对 |
[35:10] | Uh, you’ll understand if I find your word on the matter | 要是我觉得你不太可信 |
[35:13] | less than reliable? | 你能理解吗 |
[35:17] | Well, I hope you’ll take my word on this. | 我希望这件事你能相信我 |
[35:21] | As soon as I stopped considering you as a suspect, | 我一排除了你的嫌疑 |
[35:24] | I realized how terrible it was that I ever had. | 就意识到了自己之前有多糟 |
[35:28] | When I heard about your relapse, | 当我听说你复吸后 |
[35:31] | I decided to arrange an extended stay in New York. | 就决定在纽约多留一阵子 |
[35:34] | That it was time to make things right between us. | 是时候修复我们的关系了 |
[35:40] | And that was always my only reason for coming. | 这也一直是我来这里的唯一原因 |
[35:45] | You’ve made it clear | 你说得很清楚 |
[35:47] | you’d like me to return to London. | 希望我回伦敦去 |
[35:49] | And so I shall. | 我会的 |
[35:54] | I just wanted you to know. | 我只是希望你知道真相 |
[36:06] | Are these candidates for your potential pool | 这些都是威尔森·崔格 |
[36:08] | of Wilson Trager’s problem solvers? | 潜在的问题解决者吗 |
[36:11] | Call it a first swing. | 就算是第一杆吧 |
[36:12] | I focused on people who live locally with criminal records | 我重点查了当地有犯罪记录的人 |
[36:14] | that match the skills that Trager needed. | 对比有谁具备崔格需要的技能 |
[36:17] | Fairbridge students who defaulted on their loans. | 费尔布里奇拖欠过贷款的人 |
[36:20] | Each packet contains everything we’ve gathered for that person. | 每份都包括了我们能找到的那人的所有信息 |
[36:22] | Rap sheets, parole records, loan histories from the D.O.E. | 警局存档 假释记录 教育部的贷款记录 |
[36:26] | I thought we could look through them, | 我想我们可以过一遍 |
[36:27] | and then just narrow them down from here. | 从这里开始缩小范围 |
[36:30] | You included Victor Nieves, I see. | 看来你把维克多·尼耶维斯也算上了 |
[36:33] | Yeah, he’s the only person that we know for sure. | 对 他是我们唯一确认的人 |
[36:35] | So I used him as a model for the profile. | 所以我用他做了侧写参照 |
[36:38] | I imagine the file that disappeared from Lily Cooper’s office | 我想莉莉·库珀办公室遗失的档案里 |
[36:40] | contained many of these same faces. | 应该包含了这里的很多面孔 |
[36:42] | Perhaps even Victor Nieves. | 甚至可能有维克多·尼耶维斯 |
[36:44] | It’s ironic. | 真讽刺 |
[36:46] | If we’re right, | 如果我们是对的 |
[36:48] | Lily and Trager would’ve used much of the same criteria. | 莉莉和崔格一定用了同样的筛选标准 |
[36:50] | One of them to help people. | 一个是去帮人 |
[36:53] | And the other to exploit them. | 另一个却是去压榨他们 |
[37:07] | Plaid is nice. | 格纹不错 |
[37:09] | Sudden urge to buy a throw? | 突然想买了吗 |
[37:10] | It’s not plaid. | 不是格纹 |
[37:11] | It’s tartan. | 这是格子呢 |
[37:13] | And I think this might be the key to bringing down Wilson Trager. | 这也许是扳倒威尔森·崔格的关键 |
[37:18] | Projected demand over the next five years | 接下来五年的预计需求 |
[37:20] | has us outgrowing several of our satellite campuses. | 让我们发展出了一些卫星校园 |
[37:23] | We’re scouting existing facilities. | 我们在搜索现有设施 |
[37:25] | But at least one or two will have to be new construction. | 但至少有一至两处必须是新建筑 |
[37:33] | What the hell is that? | 那是什么 |
[37:35] | Uh, that’s one of mine. | 那是我的 |
[37:37] | Yeah, um, | 是这样 |
[37:38] | your calendar mentioned this meeting, | 你的日程提到了这次会议 |
[37:40] | so I took the liberty of preparing my own slideshow. | 所以我就自行准备了我的幻灯片 |
[37:42] | It’s gonna be much more illuminating, I promise. | 我保证 会很有启发性的 |
[37:45] | Yeah, uh, may I? | 可以吗 |
[37:47] | Thanks, thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢你 |
[37:48] | Yes, the face before you is Claudette Bailey. | 你们面前这张脸是克劳德·贝利 |
[37:51] | Fairbridge University, class of 2012. | 费尔布里奇大学2012级的学生 |
[37:54] | Before that, | 在那之前 |
[37:54] | she did 31 months for fraud | 她曾因欺诈和破坏财务 |
[37:56] | and destruction of property. | 坐过31个月的牢 |
[37:58] | When you sent her to set fire to the city building inspector’s office, | 当你派她去城市建筑调查员的办公室放火时 |
[38:02] | she posed as one of the cleaning crew | 她装作了一个清洁人员 |
[38:03] | and disguised her accelerant as flood cleaner. | 并把汽油伪装成了地板清洁剂 |
[38:06] | When I sent her? | 我派她去的时候 |
[38:07] | I’ve no idea who that woman is. | 我根本不知道这女人是谁 |
[38:12] | This is Joseph DeLuca. | 这是乔瑟夫·德卢卡 |
[38:14] | He ran over a board member in your co-op for you. | 他帮你撞了合作社的一个董事会成员 |
[38:17] | All right, everyone out. | 好了 所有人出去 |
[38:18] | I’m having you thrown out for trespassing. | 我要以非法入侵的罪名把你们赶出去 |
[38:21] | Oh, security already knows that we’re here. | 保安已经知道我们在这里了 |
[38:23] | Detective Bell is showing them our warrant as we speak. | 贝尔警探这会儿正给他们看我们的搜查令呢 |
[38:26] | We just didn’t… we just didn’t feel like waiting. | 我们只是…我们只是不想等了 |
[38:28] | We thought that your staff deserved to know who | 我们觉得你的员工该尽快得知真相 |
[38:30] | they’re working for ASAP. | 明白他们到底在为什么人工作 |
[38:33] | Victor Nieves. | 维克多·尼耶维斯 |
[38:35] | We’ve spoken about him, | 我们之前提过他 |
[38:36] | of course, but now you have a face to put to the name. | 但你现在可以把名字和脸对应起来了 |
[38:39] | Boyd Erlich, who at your instructions, | 博伊德·恩里克 他按你的指示 |
[38:42] | strangled Lily Cooper with his bare hands. | 徒手掐死了莉莉·库珀 |
[38:44] | All right, this is, this is wonderful theater. | 好了 这出戏很精彩 |
[38:47] | Your imagination is running wild. | 你的想象力很丰富 |
[38:49] | But I can’t be connected to any of these people. | 可你无法把我跟他们任何人联系起来 |
[38:51] | You’re wrong about that. | 你错了 |
[38:53] | We figured out how you’ve been choosing them. | 我们弄明白你是怎么选中他们的了 |
[38:55] | Or more accurately, who has been choosing them for you. | 或者更准确地说 是谁替你选中他们的 |
[38:58] | The collections agent who was assigned their loans. | 那个负责他们贷款的代理人 |
[39:01] | Yesterday, in your office, | 昨天 在你办公室 |
[39:02] | I noticed a photograph of you hunting in Scotland. | 我注意到了一张你在苏格兰打猎的照片 |
[39:05] | I recognized the tartan worn by your companion | 我认出了你同伴穿的格子呢 |
[39:08] | as belonging to the Mackmain clan. | 是麦克迈恩家族的 |
[39:10] | And judging by the structure of his facial features, | 从他的面部特征来看 |
[39:12] | I took him to be a relative of your wife. | 我想他应该是你妻子的亲戚 |
[39:14] | Later on, I noticed in Victor Nieves’ loan history | 后来我注意到了尼耶维斯的贷款记录 |
[39:16] | that his collection agent’s name was Bradley Mackmain. | 他的代理人名叫布莱德利·麦克迈恩 |
[39:20] | Not a terribly common name, but it was enough | 不是个很常见的名字 但足够巧合 |
[39:22] | of a coincidence to merit our attention. | 值得我们注意了 |
[39:25] | So we checked, and Bradley Mackmain | 于是我们查了查 布莱德利·麦克迈恩 |
[39:26] | is your wife’s nephew. | 是你妻子的外甥 |
[39:28] | He picked the people to coerce based on your instructions. | 他按照你的指令选出了要胁迫的人 |
[39:31] | That’s why there was never a paper trail leading back to you. | 所以从来没有书面痕迹能追查到你 |
[39:34] | You said that we were wrong about why Lily Cooper was murdered. | 你说我们想错了莉莉·库珀的死 |
[39:38] | And you spoke the truth. | 你说的是实话 |
[39:40] | It wasn’t that her case file would be | 并非她的调查档案 |
[39:42] | so damning in front of the D.O.E. | 会在教育部面前对你造成影响 |
[39:43] | It was that she had included Victor Nieves, | 而是她调查的人包括了维克多·尼耶维斯 |
[39:46] | and noticed that his defaulted loan | 并且注意到了他拖欠的贷款 |
[39:47] | had suddenly started being paid again. | 突然又开始偿还了 |
[39:50] | And Lily genuinely cared about Victor. | 莉莉真诚地关心着维克多 |
[39:52] | She was worried that he’d gone back to committing robberies. | 她担心他又开始行窃了 |
[39:55] | So she started hounding him for answers. | 所以她开始追查他寻求答案 |
[39:57] | And then she called Mackmain to confirm the information was correct, | 然后她还打给麦克迈恩求证 |
[40:00] | but she wouldn’t let it go. | 但她还不肯罢手 |
[40:02] | And she was getting too close. | 她离真相太近了 |
[40:04] | How do we know all this? | 我们怎么知道的 |
[40:06] | The police had a pointed conversation | 警方安排了一次 |
[40:09] | with Bradley Mackmain. | 跟布莱德利·麦克迈恩的谈话 |
[40:11] | He seemed remarkably eager to testify against you | 他看起来迫切想要供出你 |
[40:14] | in exchange for a deal. | 以换取减刑 |
[40:16] | Wilson Trager? | 威尔森·崔格 |
[40:17] | You’re under arrest for the murder of Dennis Hicks | 你因谋杀丹尼斯·希克斯 |
[40:20] | and Lily Cooper. | 和莉莉·库珀而被捕了 |
[40:31] | I was gonna order takeout. | 我打算叫外卖了 |
[40:32] | Do you have any preferences? | 你有什么想吃的吗 |
[40:37] | Oh, I didn’t realize someone else was here. | 我没注意到还有人在 |
[40:40] | I wasn’t. | 我不在 |
[40:45] | I take it that was your friend from the mercenary group? | 那就是你的雇佣兵朋友吧 |
[40:47] | You guys went another round? | 你们又来了一轮吗 |
[40:49] | I needed some information, and she was able to provide it. | 我需要一些信息 她可以提供 |
[40:52] | Quid pro quo was in order. | 这叫等价交换 |
[40:54] | Uh, feel free to eat without me. | 不用管我 你自己吃吧 |
[40:56] | There’s somewhere I need to be. | 我还有个地方要去 |
[41:09] | Sherlock? | 夏洛克 |
[41:12] | Don’t get the wrong idea. | 别误会 |
[41:13] | I’m not here to stop you or anything. | 我不是来阻止你的 |
[41:15] | I just came here to give you this. | 我只是来给你这个 |
[41:18] | I did some digging into the murder of Jasper De Clerq. | 我查了下加斯帕·德拉科的谋杀案 |
[41:22] | Don’t look surprised. | 别这么吃惊 |
[41:23] | I was quite clear about my mistrust of your explanation. | 我很清楚自己并不相信你的解释 |
[41:26] | And as it turns out, what you told me | 事实也证明 你跟我说的 |
[41:28] | about the murder of Jasper De Clerq | 加斯帕·德拉科被杀的事 |
[41:29] | was not entirely true. | 并不完全是真相 |
[41:30] | I assure you it was. | 我向你保证是真的 |
[41:32] | You said you had nothing to do with De Clerq’s death. | 你说你跟德拉科的死没有半点关系 |
[41:34] | In point of fact, De Clerq’s death | 事实上 德拉科的死 |
[41:36] | had everything to do with you. | 跟你息息相关 |
[41:38] | In there, you’ll find De Clerq’s | 这里面 你会看到德拉科 |
[41:39] | travel and phone records in the weeks | 在枪击前几周的 |
[41:41] | leading up to the shooting. | 出行和电话记录 |
[41:42] | You notice anything about them? | 你注意到什么了吗 |
[41:46] | Tokyo for four days. | 东京四天 |
[41:50] | Then Riyadh. | 然后是利雅得 |
[41:52] | Then back to London. | 然后又回了伦敦 |
[41:55] | He was everywhere I was. | 我去了哪他就去了哪 |
[41:57] | He was spying on you. | 他在监视你 |
[41:58] | In all likelihood, | 在所有可能的瞬间 |
[41:59] | keeping his eyes open for a vulnerable moment. | 睁大了双眼寻找你的弱点 |
[42:03] | The timing of De Clerq’s murder, | 德拉科被杀的时间 |
[42:05] | just as your investigation into the shooting was heating up, | 正是你对枪击案调查最紧的时候 |
[42:07] | suggests he was killed to tie up a loose end. | 这表明他是被灭口以绝后患的 |
[42:10] | Whoever killed Sabine and tried to kill me, | 不管是谁杀了萨宾并想杀我 |
[42:14] | De Clerq was working for them. | 德拉科是为他们工作的 |
[42:19] | It’s a new clue. | 这是个新线索 |
[42:21] | Thank you, son. | 谢谢你 儿子 |
[42:23] | You said you were deliberately fed a false lead | 你说你被人故意误导 |
[42:25] | to cast suspicion on me. | 怀疑上了我 |
[42:27] | That is an affront to my reputation. | 这是对我声誉的公开侮辱 |
[42:29] | An offense which I cannot abide. | 是我无法容忍的冒犯 |
[42:32] | You stay, go– | 你是留是走 |
[42:34] | I don’t care. | 我不在乎 |
[42:35] | But either way, | 但不管怎样 |
[42:37] | I’m gonna find and stop whoever tried to kill you. | 我会找到并阻止想杀你的人 |