时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Oscar? | 奥斯卡 |
[00:03] | Long time, no speak, huh? | 好久没联系了啊 |
[00:04] | – We can talk about Alfredo. – What? | -我们可以谈谈阿弗雷多 -什么 |
[00:06] | Well, I’m the one who took him. | 是我抓的他 |
[00:08] | You help me find my sister, | 你帮我找到我妹妹 |
[00:09] | maybe you’ll see Alfredo alive again. | 也许你还能见到活着的阿弗雷多 |
[00:13] | Alfredo! | 阿弗雷多 |
[00:15] | 已找到阿弗雷多 他没事 你能接电话吗 | |
[00:16] | Hey, I said no phones. | 我说过不许带手机 |
[00:35] | Alfredo! | 阿弗雷多 |
[00:36] | It’s so great to see you. | 见到你真高兴 |
[00:39] | Please, come in. | 快进来吧 |
[00:41] | Well, if I’d have known hugs were on the table, | 早知道还能跟你拥抱 |
[00:42] | I’d have left Chicago a lot sooner. | 我就该早点从芝加哥回来 |
[00:46] | Please, sit down. | 快请坐 |
[00:48] | So, you were gone so long, I thought maybe you were moving. | 你去了这么久 我还以为你直接搬去住了 |
[00:51] | Sherlock said you got back last week? | 夏洛克跟我说你是上周回来的 |
[00:53] | I can only take my sister’s cooking for so long. | 实在受不了我妹妹的厨艺了 |
[00:56] | Well, I-I just got through with a meeting. | 我刚参加完一场互助会 |
[00:57] | I thought I’d stop by, say hi to Sherlock. | 想着可以顺便来看看 跟夏洛克问个好 |
[01:00] | Actually, Sherlock went to a meeting. | 其实夏洛克也去互助会了 |
[01:01] | I thought you two might be together. | 我还以为你俩在一起呢 |
[01:03] | Well, you’re right that we usually meet up at 11:00, | 没错 我们通常是11点碰面 |
[01:06] | but today he was a no-show. | 可他今天没有出现 |
[01:08] | Well, something must have come up. | 一定有什么别的事 |
[01:11] | Well, the thing is, he hasn’t been to St. Luke’s all week. | 其实 他已经有一周没去圣卢克教区了 |
[01:14] | I thought after his relapse, he would be doubling down. | 我觉得他之前毕竟复吸了 更该多注意 |
[01:17] | Oh, he has been. Or at least he said he was. | 他很注意 至少他是这么说的 |
[01:20] | I mean, it’s hard to imagine he might be avoiding meetings. | 我想他应该不会躲着不去互助会吧 |
[01:23] | Maybe it’s not the meetings he’s avoiding. | 也许他想回避的不是互助会 |
[01:27] | All the stuff that’s happened– Oscar Rankin, | 而是所发生的一切 奥斯卡·兰金 |
[01:29] | me getting tied to a chair– | 我还被人绑在了椅子上 |
[01:30] | I only told Sherlock a million times | 我都跟夏洛克说过无数次了 |
[01:32] | I don’t blame him. | 我不怪他 |
[01:33] | No, he gets it. He understands. | 不 他明白的 他能理解 |
[01:36] | And yet, I haven’t seen him since I got back. | 然而 我从回来到现在都没见过他 |
[01:42] | Well, whatever’s going on, it’s cool. | 不管怎么回事都无所谓 |
[01:44] | I just want to know he’s okay. | 我只想知道他没事就好 |
[01:50] | This is Eddie. | 我是埃迪 |
[01:51] | I’m either not here or screening my calls. | 我没在家或者不想接电话 |
[01:53] | Leave a message. | 留言吧 |
[01:56] | Hey, Eddie, it’s Sharon next door. | 埃迪你好 我是你的邻居莎伦 |
[01:58] | I think I smell gas coming from your place. | 我闻到有瓦斯气味从你家飘过来 |
[02:00] | I’m worried you have a leak. | 我担心是你家瓦斯泄露了 |
[02:02] | I’ll try your cell phone, too, and if I can’t get you, | 我还会打你手机试试的 如果没联系上你 |
[02:05] | I’ll call the gas company just to make sure everything’s okay. | 我会跟燃气公司联系以确保万无一失 |
[02:08] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[03:35] | Victim’s name was Eddie Ross. | 受害者叫埃迪·罗斯 |
[03:37] | We had to I.D. him with dental records. | 我们通过牙医记录才确定了他的身份 |
[03:39] | Stabbed in the chest and incinerated. | 钝器刺伤胸部且被焚化 |
[03:41] | Did the killer also throw him off a roof? | 凶手是不是还把他从房顶上扔了下来 |
[03:42] | He was dead before the fire started. | 起火前他已经死亡了 |
[03:44] | Figure there was a struggle, the perp torched the place | 可能当时有过搏斗 凶手烧掉了犯罪现场 |
[03:48] | to cover up any evidence he left behind. | 来掩盖犯罪证据 |
[03:50] | The neighbor– you said you interviewed her yourself. | 那个邻居 你亲自跟她谈过了 |
[03:52] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[03:53] | And she smelled a gas leak, as in natural gas? | 她闻到了瓦斯泄露 是天然气吗 |
[03:57] | Well, her unit and Ross’s both have gas stoves. | 她和罗斯的单元都有燃气灶 |
[03:59] | She thought maybe the pilot went out, | 她觉得可能是引燃器熄火了 |
[04:01] | only it didn’t. We checked. | 然而并没有 我们查过了 |
[04:03] | So she must have smelled the gasoline, | 所以她肯定是闻到了汽油味 |
[04:05] | got mixed up. | 跟瓦斯搞混了 |
[04:06] | But they don’t smell the same. | 但这两种气味并不一样 |
[04:07] | No, but not everyone has your nose. | 对 但不是每个人都有你那种鼻子 |
[04:10] | The fire destroyed any prints on the murder weapon, | 大火把凶器上的指纹都破坏了 |
[04:12] | but you can still see the brand etched on the blade. | 但仍能看到刻在刀上的标牌 |
[04:14] | It’s an archaeologist’s trowel. | 这是把考古用的泥刀 |
[04:16] | Don’t know yet whether it belonged | 目前还不知道这把泥刀 |
[04:17] | to the victim or the killer, | 是受害人的还是凶手的 |
[04:18] | but we’re canvassing suppliers, | 但我们在排查供应商 |
[04:19] | trying to identify the person who bought it. | 试着查出购买这把泥刀的人 |
[04:22] | Pretty sure it wasn’t the victim’s. | 它肯定不属于受害者 |
[04:24] | Most of the wear | 刀上的大部分磨损 |
[04:25] | is on the right edge of the blade, | 都在右侧边缘 |
[04:26] | which means it was used by a left-handed person. | 也就是说这把刀的使用者是个左撇子 |
[04:29] | But the musculature of the victim’s right arm | 但受害者的右臂肌肉组织 |
[04:31] | is more developed than his left. | 比左臂更加发达 |
[04:33] | Which means he was probably a righty. | 这说明他很可能常用右手 |
[04:35] | So the owner of the murder weapon | 那么 这把凶器的主人 |
[04:37] | is a left-handed archaeologist. | 是个左撇子考古学家 |
[04:39] | How many of those can there be in New York City? | 纽约能有多少这样的人 |
[04:45] | I’m sorry, I just… | 抱歉 我… |
[04:48] | I can’t believe Eddie’s dead. | 我无法相信埃迪死了 |
[04:50] | According to his Facebook page you two were a couple, | 据他的脸书显示 你俩在去年夏天前 |
[04:53] | right up until last summer? | 曾是情侣 |
[04:56] | You don’t think that I… | 你们不会以为是我… |
[04:57] | Honestly, it’s too soon for us to think anything. | 说实话 目前下任何结论都为时尚早 |
[05:00] | We’re just getting the lay of the land. | 我们只是了解下情况 |
[05:02] | We were together almost two years. | 我们曾经在一起大约两年 |
[05:05] | How did you meet? | 你俩是怎么结识的 |
[05:06] | Grad school. | 读研究生的时候 |
[05:08] | we both studied archaeology. | 我们都读考古学专业 |
[05:10] | I was lucky, I… I got a great job. | 我很幸运 找到了一份好工作 |
[05:13] | But Eddie, he was… | 可埃迪 他… |
[05:15] | he was still struggling. | 他还需要努力 |
[05:17] | And it just came between us. | 这成了我俩间的一道坎 |
[05:21] | We stayed friends. | 我们还是朋友 |
[05:23] | I still cared about him. | 我依然很关心他 |
[05:26] | So can you account for your whereabouts last night? | 能说下你昨晚的行踪吗 |
[05:30] | I was giving a seminar on Iranian antiquities down at Penn. | 我在宾大做一个有关伊朗文物的研讨会 |
[05:35] | I had breakfast with Dr. Charvat, | 今早我跟系主任查瓦特博士 |
[05:37] | the department head, before I came home this morning. | 共进了早餐 然后我就回家了 |
[05:39] | All right, we’ll need his number before we go. | 好的 我们走之前还需要他的号码 |
[05:42] | Ms. Burstyn, archaeologists | 布斯汀女士 考古学家们 |
[05:44] | are very protective of their tools, | 都非常珍爱他们的工具 |
[05:45] | so can you tell us | 所以你能告诉我们 |
[05:46] | how yours came to be in your ex’s possession? | 你的工具怎么会到了你前任手里吗 |
[05:52] | About a week and a half ago, | 大约一周半前 |
[05:53] | Eddie came to me and asked to borrow some of our equipment. | 埃迪来找我 向我借些我们的工具 |
[05:56] | I-I gave him whatever he wanted. | 我把他想要的都给他了 |
[05:58] | Did he say what he was using it for? | 他有说是用来做什么的吗 |
[06:01] | A dig. | 挖东西 |
[06:03] | He wouldn’t tell me what he was trying to excavate, | 他不肯告诉我他在挖些什么 |
[06:05] | but he was excited. | 但他很兴奋 |
[06:08] | He said he was onto something big. | 说他碰上了不得了的事儿 |
[06:12] | Big as in “Of great historical import” | 不得了是指”具有重大历史意义” |
[06:14] | or “Worth a lot of money”? | 还是”值很多票子” |
[06:15] | I’m-I’m asking because, in either case, | 我这么问是因为 不管是哪种情况 |
[06:17] | he may have had some competition. | 他都可能遇上了竞争对手 |
[06:20] | Um, I’m-I’m sorry, he… | 我很抱歉 他… |
[06:23] | he didn’t say. | 他没说 |
[06:24] | What kind of equipment did you loan him? | 你借给他的是什么样的工具 |
[06:27] | stakes and buckets, | 一些标桩和桶 |
[06:28] | a-a pickaxe, a shovel… | 一把丁字镐 一把铁铲 |
[06:31] | my truck. | 还有我的货车 |
[06:32] | Your truck? | 你的货车 |
[06:33] | He didn’t have a car. He needed something | 他没车 又需要个运输工具 |
[06:34] | to carry all the gear, plus whatever… | 来装载所有的装备 还有… |
[06:37] | whatever it was he was digging for. | 还有他要挖的东西 |
[06:39] | Any idea where the truck is now? | 知道车现在在哪儿吗 |
[06:42] | I think he just parked it on the street near his place. | 我觉得他就把车停在他家附近的街道上了 |
[06:50] | So Eddie Ross’s background check was a bust. | 埃迪·罗斯的背景调查没什么收获 |
[06:53] | No criminal record, no enemies, | 没有犯罪记录 也没有仇人 |
[06:55] | as far as his friends knew, and no unusual debts. | 而且据他朋友所知 也没有什么特殊债务 |
[06:57] | And his ex- girlfriend’s alibi checked out. | 他前女友的不在场证明也对上了 |
[06:59] | She was in Philadelphia all last night. | 她昨天一整晚都在费城 |
[07:01] | Well, I hope she’s not in a hurry to reclaim her truck. | 希望她不急着要回她的卡车 |
[07:03] | It’s gonna need a little while to air out. | 还需要些时间来通通风 |
[07:05] | This was what was in her truck? | 这就是她卡车里的东西吗 |
[07:07] | First two buckets of 12. | 12个桶中的前两个 |
[07:09] | The rest are in the evidence room. | 剩下的都在证物室 |
[07:11] | Well, I don’t get it. Eddie’s big find was garbage? | 我没明白 埃迪的重大发现就是垃圾吗 |
[07:14] | You’re familiar with garbology? | 你熟悉垃圾学吗 |
[07:17] | It’s the study of rubbish. | 这种学术研究垃圾 |
[07:19] | Archaeologists employ it to learn more | 考古学家用它来深入了解 |
[07:20] | about different cultures. | 不同的文化 |
[07:21] | The idea being that we are what we throw away, | 其理念是我们扔掉的东西铸就了我们 |
[07:24] | as were the ancient Romans or the first American settlers. | 就像古罗马人或美国移民先驱 |
[07:27] | So Eddie’s dig site was at a dump. | 这么说埃迪的挖掘地点是个垃圾堆 |
[07:29] | More likely a landfill. Most of the stuff here | 更可能是垃圾填埋场 那里的大多数垃圾 |
[07:32] | is from the late ’70s, early ’80s. | 都可追溯到70年代末期至80年代早期 |
[07:35] | From our conversation with his ex, | 通过与他前女友的谈话 |
[07:37] | I doubt he was studying culture. | 我怀疑他并非在研究文化 |
[07:39] | More likely looking for something. He was probably studying | 更有可能是在找什么东西 他可能是在 |
[07:41] | this refuse in order to zero in on his prize. | 通过研究这些垃圾来瞄准宝物 |
[07:45] | Well, if it was a prize, why would someone throw it away? | 要是真的有宝 为什么有人会扔了它 |
[07:48] | One man’s trash is another man’s treasure. | 一个人的垃圾可能是另一个人的宝藏 |
[07:50] | Put the word “Vintage” In front of glass bottles, cameras, | 把”经典款”加在玻璃杯 照相机 |
[07:52] | trading cards– you can turn a tidy profit. | 收藏卡前面 你就能狠赚一把 |
[07:55] | Vintage rainbow suspenders. | 经典款彩虹色背带 |
[07:58] | If there’s money in stuff like this, | 要是这种玩意儿能赚钱 |
[07:59] | I need to get to my parents’ basement fast. | 我得火速到我父母的地下室去 |
[08:01] | Hopefully, the other buckets will yield more insight. | 希望剩下的桶能给出更多的线索 |
[08:07] | Oh, hey. Alfredo came by the brownstone yesterday. | 对了 阿弗雷多昨天来过褐石屋 |
[08:12] | Yeah. He said you hadn’t been to St. Luke’s all week. | 他说你已经一整周没去过圣卢克教区了 |
[08:15] | Uh, he’s correct; I have not. | 是真的 我没去过 |
[08:17] | Just wanted to make sure you were doing okay. | 他只是想确认你是不是还好 |
[08:21] | What, you’re worried I haven’t been to any meetings? | 怎么了 你担心我没去参加互助会吗 |
[08:25] | Well, you can both rest easy. | 你们俩都可以放宽心 |
[08:26] | I’ve just been going to different ones. | 我只是去了一些不同的互助会 |
[08:28] | Some in Flatbush, | 有的在弗莱布许 |
[08:28] | some in the, uh, Kingston Avenue Jewish Center. | 有的在金斯顿大道的犹太活动中心 |
[08:32] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[08:33] | Even though St. Luke’s is right up the street? | 即便圣卢克的互助会就在街那头吗 |
[08:36] | Si… | 自 |
[08:38] | Since my relapse, | 自从我复吸之后 |
[08:40] | I’ve had to start my program anew. | 我就重新开始戒毒程序了 |
[08:42] | My “Days sober” Count has reverted to one, | 我的戒毒天数倒退为1 |
[08:44] | so I thought I would have a correspondingly fresh approach | 所以我觉得在互助会这件事上 |
[08:46] | in regards to my meetings… all right? | 我可以采取相应的全新措施 好吗 |
[08:50] | You know how conducive I find a change of setting | 你知道我觉得认真踏实地做好侦探的工作 |
[08:51] | to my work as a detective. | 大有裨益 |
[08:52] | I thought the same might apply to my work as an addict. | 我认为在戒毒这项工作上可能也是一样的 |
[08:56] | Okay, well, Alfredo just thought that you might be avoiding him | 那好吧 阿弗雷多还以为你在躲着他呢 |
[09:00] | because you feel guilty about everything | 因为你对发生在奥斯卡身上的一切 |
[09:01] | that went down with Oscar. | 感到内疚不已 |
[09:03] | What happened on that day is no reason to avoid my friend. | 我没有理由为那天发生的事回避我的朋友 |
[09:07] | Okay, well, then you should check in with him, | 好啊 那你就该去看看他 |
[09:08] | let him know you’re doing okay. | 让他知道你过得挺好 |
[09:11] | “Reagan for President.” | “里根竞选总统” |
[09:16] | If you’re thinking about sending money, | 要是你在考虑送钱过去的话 |
[09:17] | let me save you the trouble. | 就别费这个心了 |
[09:20] | What interests me are not the contents of this mail | 让我感兴趣的不是这封信里的内容 |
[09:22] | but the fact that it is mail. | 而是这是一封信的事实 |
[09:24] | 1980年10月7日 纽约市布鲁克斯区福克斯街137号现任住户收 | |
[09:25] | This arrived at this address postmarked October 7, 1980. | 邮戳表明这信于1980年10月7日寄达此地址 |
[09:28] | It was then discarded | 随后被丢弃 |
[09:30] | and then picked up again and transported to a landfill. | 然后又被收集起来 运往了某处垃圾填埋场 |
[09:33] | The same landfill that Eddie was digging in. | 埃迪正在挖东西的那个填埋场 |
[09:36] | We can call the Department of Sanitation, | 我们可以给卫生部打个电话 |
[09:39] | find out where the garbage from this address | 问一下1980年时 这个地址的垃圾 |
[09:41] | was taken to in 1980. | 被送到了什么地方 |
[09:43] | Find out where Mr. Ross was digging, | 找到罗斯先生挖掘的地点 |
[09:44] | we might find out what he was digging for. | 或许就能知道他在挖什么了 |
[09:48] | Okay, so this neighborhood is sitting on top of an old landfill. | 这个社区的前身是个垃圾填埋场 |
[09:52] | It was shut down in 1982 | 填埋场于1982年被关闭 |
[09:54] | and repurposed for new construction. | 并且新建了其它建筑 |
[09:56] | Now, we know that the garbage our vic dug up | 我们已经知道死者挖出的垃圾 |
[09:58] | came from somewhere right around this block. | 就来自这个街区周围 |
[10:00] | What we’re looking for is the exact spot he was working, | 我们要找的就是确切的地点 |
[10:02] | along with any witnesses who might have seen him. | 以及见过他的目击者 |
[10:04] | I miss anything? | 我还漏了什么吗 |
[10:06] | Uh, I would add that, | 我想再加一条 |
[10:07] | given the equipment Mr. Ross borrowed, | 鉴于罗斯先生所借的工具 |
[10:08] | he was not digging through asphalt or concrete, | 他挖的不是沥青或者水泥地 |
[10:11] | so that could further narrow our search | 所以我们可以把范围进一步 |
[10:12] | to areas of accessible soil. | 缩小为可进入的土地 |
[10:15] | All right, that’s it. Fan out. | 好了 就这些 分头行动吧 |
[10:17] | Holler if you find anything. | 如果发现什么情况就喊我们 |
[10:18] | 调查信息 埃迪·罗斯 | |
[10:19] | Yeah, sure. | 是的 没错 |
[10:21] | Guy works for the city, right? | 这家伙是为市政府工作的 对吧 |
[10:23] | Is that what he told you? | 他是这么跟你说的吗 |
[10:24] | Told me? Guy had I.D. | 说的 他有证件的 |
[10:26] | The glowy vest. | 还有反光背心 |
[10:27] | He’s been digging up the backyard for a week. | 他在后院挖了一个星期了 |
[10:29] | Said something about the power lines, | 说是关于输电线的事 |
[10:30] | and it’s a mess back there. I been wanting to ask him | 现在后面乱七八糟的 我一直想问问他 |
[10:32] | how much longer he’s gonna be, | 到底还要搞多久呢 |
[10:34] | but I haven’t seen the guy for a few days. | 可我已经好几天没见过他了 |
[10:37] | Would you mind showing me the spot? | 能带我去看看那个地方吗 |
[10:43] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[10:45] | These were chained to a lamppost down the street. | 这两辆车锁在街尾的路灯杆上 |
[10:47] | And you figured you’d steal them? | 然后你觉得可以直接偷走吗 |
[10:49] | I’m re-stealing them. | 我这是偷回来 |
[10:50] | I peruse the crime blotter when I’m bored, | 我无聊的时候就会仔细阅读犯罪记事簿 |
[10:52] | and these were stolen in Chelsea last month. | 这两辆车是上个月在切尔西被偷的 |
[10:54] | And you’re just gonna walk around with ’em for the rest of the day? | 那你打算今天就一直推着它们吗 |
[10:56] | Oh, don’t be ridiculous. This one’s for you. | 别闹了 这辆是给你的 |
[11:03] | Watson? | 华生 |
[11:04] | I’m behind the townhouses down the block. | 我在市政厅后面 |
[11:06] | You guys should get over here. | 你们得过来一下 |
[11:07] | You found the dig site? | 你发现挖掘现场了吗 |
[11:09] | Not just that. | 不仅如此 |
[11:10] | There’s someone digging in it right now. | 现在还有人正在挖呢 |
[11:21] | Look, for the last time, I di… I didn’t do anything wrong. | 我最后再说一遍 我没做任何违法的事 |
[11:24] | You were digging a hole on someone else’s property. | 你在别人的土地上挖了一个大洞 |
[11:27] | So… there’s that. | 所以 已经违法了 |
[11:29] | I didn’t know Eddie didn’t have permission. | 我不知道埃迪没有获得批准 |
[11:30] | And I didn’t know he was dead until they told me. | 而且是他们告诉我我才知道他已经死了 |
[11:32] | I never even met the guy. I mean, not exactly. | 我甚至都没见过那家伙 没有直接见过 |
[11:36] | Not exactly? | 没有直接见过 |
[11:37] | We posted on the same online discussion board, that’s it. | 我们只是在同一个网上讨论区发过帖子而已 |
[11:40] | Can you tell us where you were between the hours | 你能告诉我们你午夜十二点 |
[11:42] | of 12:00 midnight and 2:00 A.M.? | 到凌晨两点之间在哪吗 |
[11:44] | Is that when he…? | 他是不是就在那段时间… |
[11:47] | I- I was at a video game tournament, at an arcade, | 我当时在贝维尔的一个商场 |
[11:49] | out in Bayville. I was there all night, | 参加游戏比赛 一晚上都在那 |
[11:52] | I didn’t leave until around 6:00. | 我一直到大约六点才走的 |
[11:54] | I was there with friends. I can give you their names. | 有几个朋友跟我一起 我可以给你们名字 |
[11:56] | One of them even tweeted some pictures. | 其中一个还在推特上发了图片 |
[11:58] | We’ll look into that. In the meantime, | 我们会去查的 现在 |
[12:00] | maybe you could tell us what you were doing in that hole. | 你是不是该告诉我们你在那挖什么了 |
[12:04] | I wanted to see if Eddie found the games. | 我想看看埃迪有没有找到游戏 |
[12:06] | What games? | 什么游戏 |
[12:07] | The… games. | 那个…游戏 |
[12:10] | I thought you guys already knew. | 我以为你们已经知道了 |
[12:11] | I mean, you found the hole, too. | 毕竟你们都找到那个洞了 |
[12:14] | We don’t know what Eddie was looking for, so tell us. | 我们不知道埃迪在找什么 说吧 |
[12:16] | Nottingham Knights. | 《诺丁汉骑士》 |
[12:19] | He was looking for Nottingham Knights. | 他在找《诺丁汉骑士》 |
[12:22] | 诺丁汉骑士 金视公司 | |
[12:26] | I remember this. | 我还记得这个 |
[12:28] | It was made by a company called EmeryVision. | 是一家名叫金视的公司生产的 |
[12:30] | My brother and I had one of their consoles when we were kids. | 我和我弟弟小时候还有一台他们的游戏机 |
[12:33] | Everyone did. Without EmeryVision, | 大家都有 如果没有金视公司 |
[12:35] | you wouldn’t have PlayStation or an Xbox or a Wii. | 就不会有各类游戏机 |
[12:38] | Then how would humanity idle away its time– | 那为什么人类还要把时间浪费在 |
[12:40] | solving world hunger, curing cancer… | 解决全世界饥荒 治愈癌症上呢 |
[12:44] | “Nottingham Knights: | “《诺丁汉骑士》 |
[12:46] | The worst game ever.” | 史上最差的游戏” |
[12:48] | Allegedly. | 据说而已 |
[12:50] | What do mean, allegedly? | 什么意思 |
[12:51] | Nottingham Knights was supposed to be | 《诺丁汉骑士》本该是金视公司 |
[12:53] | EmeryVision’s big Christmas release in 1980. | 在1980圣诞节发布的重磅游戏产品 |
[12:55] | There was a huge ad push. | 当时做了很多广告宣传 |
[12:57] | But the reviews on advance copies were so bad, | 可是预览版的评价非常差 |
[13:00] | stores started canceling their orders. | 很多商店都取消了订单 |
[13:01] | Yeah, says here EmeryVision | 是的 这上面说金视公司 |
[13:03] | was worried it would take down the whole company, | 担心这样会影响整个公司 |
[13:04] | so they cut their losses, dropped the release | 于是他们及时止损 放弃了发布 |
[13:07] | and hauled every last copy to a landfill. | 并把所有成品都扔进了垃圾填埋场 |
[13:09] | So this is what Eddie Ross was digging for? | 埃迪·罗斯就是在挖这个吗 |
[13:12] | Bunch of video games that were so bad they were buried? | 一堆差得要被填埋的游戏产品 |
[13:15] | Why? | 为什么 |
[13:16] | A company opts not to release | 公司决定不发布一款 |
[13:17] | a bad product, that’s one thing. | 差的产品 这是一回事 |
[13:19] | They decide this product is so colossally bad | 他们认为这产品如此之差 |
[13:21] | it has to bury the whole inventory, | 不得不埋掉所有存货 |
[13:22] | that’s the stuff of legend. | 这可是传说级的 |
[13:24] | Yeah, yeah, it became this thing | 没错 没错 它成为了一种传奇 |
[13:26] | that gamers talked about for decades. | 在游戏玩家中流传了数十年 |
[13:29] | It was like the Holy Grail. | 就像是圣杯一样 |
[13:31] | If the Holy Grail were a plodding, | 除非圣杯是个异常无聊 |
[13:32] | pixelated failure banished to a dump. | 被扔进垃圾堆的失败像素作品 |
[13:35] | Every few years, somebody would try to find the games. | 每隔几年 就有人想要找出那些游戏 |
[13:38] | They’d get their hands on company records | 他们去获取公司记录 |
[13:40] | or, uh, track down the sites | 或是 搜寻当年 |
[13:42] | where EmeryVision dumped their garbage. | 金视公司倒垃圾的地点 |
[13:46] | This year, it was Eddie. | 今年 是埃迪 |
[13:48] | He was posting updates on the board. | 他在留言板里更新着进度 |
[13:50] | A few days ago, he said he was close, | 几天前 他说他很接近了 |
[13:51] | and then… radio silence. | 然后 就杳无音信了 |
[13:54] | I went over there today, because I had to see | 我今天去那里 是因为我想看看 |
[13:55] | if he’d actually done it. | 他是不是成功了 |
[13:57] | And? | 然后呢 |
[13:59] | Look, you’re the only one here | 这里只有你一个人 |
[14:00] | who’s been in the hole. | 进过那个坑 |
[14:01] | Had he found the games? | 他找到那游戏了吗 |
[14:03] | I couldn’t tell. There was some stuff | 我不知道 那里有一些东西 |
[14:05] | from EmeryVision in there, from the right years– | 是属于金视公司的 年份也对 |
[14:07] | a piece of an old console, a few recalled joysticks– | 老主机的残骸 一些召回的手柄 |
[14:10] | but I didn’t see any sign of any of the cartridges. | 但我没看到任何游戏盒的迹象 |
[14:13] | So maybe the killer took the games. | 那也许是凶手拿走了游戏 |
[14:15] | He was an obsessed gamer, just like you. | 他是个重度玩家 和你一样 |
[14:18] | Yeah. Or he was just in it for the money. | 或者他就只是为了钱 |
[14:20] | Money? What money? | 钱 什么钱 |
[14:23] | For the games. | 游戏的价钱 |
[14:25] | Those advance copies, | 那些高级版本 |
[14:26] | the ones in the original packaging, | 装在原始包装中的 |
[14:27] | go for ten grand apiece. | 一份大概能卖一千美元 |
[14:29] | If the… legend | 如果那传说 |
[14:30] | is true, there would’ve been | 是真的 可能会有 |
[14:31] | thousands in that landfill. | 上千份埋在那垃圾场里 |
[14:32] | Altogether, you’re talking about a few million bucks. | 加在一起 可是几百万美元呢 |
[14:39] | Did I not mention that? | 我之前没提过吗 |
[14:44] | ’69 ‘Cuda. | 69年的库达 |
[14:47] | Owner wants 40 grand for it, if you’re interested. | 车主想卖四万美元 如果你感兴趣的话 |
[14:51] | It would seem my week has a theme of middle-aged men | 感觉我这一周的主题就是中年男子 |
[14:54] | clinging to pubescent glory via collectibles. | 通过收藏品来追赶自己的青春年华 |
[14:59] | Nice to see you, Alfredo. | 很高兴见到你 阿弗雷多 |
[15:01] | Likewise. | 我也是 |
[15:07] | I take it Joan told you I stopped by. | 看来乔恩告诉你我去拜访过了 |
[15:10] | I’ve been difficult to reach lately. | 我最近比较难找到 |
[15:13] | Thought I’d explain. | 我想我该解释一下 |
[15:17] | Just about to get some breakfast. | 我正准备吃早餐呢 |
[15:19] | Want to join? | 要一起吗 |
[15:27] | That’s not breakfast. | 那可不算早餐 |
[15:29] | Maybe not where you’re from. | 对你来说可能不是 |
[15:32] | Try one. | 尝一个 |
[15:33] | I did. Two years, three months, 27 days ago, | 我尝过 2年3个月27天前 |
[15:36] | when you first brought a box to a meeting. | 当时你带了一盒去参加互助会 |
[15:40] | You do realize pink coconuts do not occur in nature. | 你知道粉色椰子不是自然产物把 |
[15:44] | Everyone else loves these donuts. | 其他人都很喜欢这些甜甜圈 |
[15:48] | Addicts and alcoholics often crave sugar. | 有毒瘾或酒瘾的人会渴求糖分 |
[15:51] | You put frosted rocks in a gingham box, | 你把覆了糖霜的石头放进格纹盒子 |
[15:52] | they’d eat those, too. | 他们也会都吃了的 |
[15:55] | That’s why you switched meetings? | 所以你才更换互助会吗 |
[15:57] | Get better snacks? | 为了更好的小吃 |
[16:00] | As you know, | 如你所知 |
[16:02] | I’ve found the program immensely helpful over the last few years, | 最近几年我发现这戒毒方案对我非常有帮助 |
[16:07] | and my appreciation for that support’s never wavered. | 我对那些互助的感激之心从未减弱 |
[16:12] | But, since my relapse, I find the routine | 但在我复吸后 我发现老的那一套 |
[16:15] | which used to bring me comfort– the familiar faces, rooms– | 也是曾经为我带来舒适的 熟人脸 房间 |
[16:18] | just reminds me of my failure. | 只会让我想起我的失败 |
[16:23] | And I’m one of those familiar faces. | 而我也是那熟人脸中的一个 |
[16:26] | In… context, yeah. | 某种程度上 是的 |
[16:33] | Well, it’s like I always told you– | 就像我经常和你说的 |
[16:35] | you gotta be selfish, do what’s right for you. | 你需要自私点 做对得起你自己的事 |
[16:37] | Whatever it takes to stay sober. Just… | 不惜一切代价保持清醒 |
[16:40] | It’s the only thing that matters. | 这才是唯一重要的 |
[16:44] | Obviously, my new regimen should not affect our friendship | 显然 我的新养生法不应该影响我们 |
[16:47] | outside of the meetings. | 在互助会之外的友谊 |
[16:50] | Of course. | 当然 |
[16:55] | So, you… find a new sponsor yet? | 那么 你找到新的担保人了吗 |
[16:59] | His predecessor has proven difficult to replace. | 他的前任有点难取代 |
[17:04] | Well, don’t take too long. | 别花太长时间 |
[17:06] | Fresh faces are good, but… | 新面孔是好的 但是 |
[17:09] | you don’t want to try to go it alone. | 你不会想要独自面对的 |
[17:10] | That’s the one way the program doesn’t work. | 这样戒毒方案可能会失败 |
[17:15] | Sherlock? | 夏洛克 |
[17:16] | Study. | 研究呢 |
[17:20] | Marcus and I just met with the owner of the building | 马库斯和我刚与埃迪挖坑那地方的 |
[17:23] | where Eddie was digging. | 业主见了面 |
[17:24] | He had no idea Eddie was back there | 他完全不知道埃迪在那里 |
[17:26] | until the super told him about it this morning. | 直到监管员今早告诉了他 |
[17:28] | All he wanted to know was who was gonna pay | 他只想知道谁会付钱 |
[17:30] | to fix his yard up. | 来修好他的院子 |
[17:32] | I’ve been perusing the message boards that Eddie, | 我一直在仔细研读埃迪 |
[17:35] | Tyler, and their ilk used to share their appreciation | 泰勒 和他们一类人讨论 |
[17:37] | of Nottingham Knights. | 《诺丁汉骑士》的留言板 |
[17:39] | You find anything? | 有什么发现吗 |
[17:40] | Eddie interacted a number of times | 埃迪和一个用户名叫 |
[17:42] | with a user named IntegerOverflow. | “整数溢出”的人互动过很多次 |
[17:46] | It appears Mr. Overflow searched for the games himself in 2009, | 看起来溢出先生在2009年自己搜寻过游戏 |
[17:50] | but failed to find them. | 但没有找到 |
[17:52] | “IntegerOverflow: | 整数溢出说 |
[17:53] | “Beachwood only had trash up to ’79. | 比奇伍德只有79年前的垃圾 |
[17:55] | “ArtifactEddie: What about Flushing Avenue? | 人造品埃迪说 是法拉盛大道吗 |
[17:58] | “IntegerOverflow: The map I have is spotty, | 整数溢出说 我的地图不是完整的 |
[17:59] | but you can have it.” | 但是你可以得到它 |
[18:00] | Okay. So they were sharing information. | 所以他们在交换信息 |
[18:02] | More specifically, IntegerOverflow was sharing | 准确地说 是”整数溢出”在分享 |
[18:05] | the benefits of his past efforts. | 他经验的成功之处 |
[18:07] | What’s notably absent from these posts is any mention | 很明显这些帖子里没有说到 |
[18:10] | of how the maps and other materials passed hands. | 地图和其他材料是怎么交换的 |
[18:14] | So you think they met in person? | 你认为他们见面了 |
[18:15] | That is a distinct possibility. | 有很大的可能性 |
[18:18] | If Eddie found the games with | 如果埃迪从”整数溢出”那里 |
[18:20] | so much help from Overflow, | 得到了寻找游戏的帮助 |
[18:22] | perhaps Overflow felt entitled to the spoils. | 也许”整数溢出”认为自己有权得到奖品 |
[18:26] | Is there any way to get Overflow’s real name? | 有办法知道”整数溢出”的真实名字吗 |
[18:28] | I have put that very question to our friends at Everyone. | 我已经把问题给了我们在”人人”的朋友 |
[18:31] | I should be hearing back shortly. | 应该很快就能得到答复 |
[18:34] | Though I’m loathe to imagine | 虽然我很不愿想象 |
[18:35] | what fresh tortures they will conjure up as payment. | 作为回报他们会想出什么新招式来折磨我 |
[18:39] | Oh. How’d it go with Alfredo? | 和阿弗雷多谈得怎么样 |
[18:43] | We are both aware of the unintended | 我们都清楚我常规行为的改变 |
[18:44] | yet unavoidable consequences to my changes in routine. | 引发了一些无意的但又不可避免的后果 |
[18:48] | When we made the transition from sponsorship to friendship, | 当我们从保证人关系变为朋友关系 |
[18:51] | we made the occasional effort to socialize. | 我们做了些临时努力来维持交际 |
[18:54] | But it became apparent that our shared experience in recovery | 但后来越发明显 我们在恢复期的共同经历 |
[18:58] | was our friendship. | 就是我们的友谊 |
[19:00] | So I guess you two don’t have much else in common. | 我猜你们没有其他的共同点了 |
[19:04] | In the same way that many drug users only relate to one another | 就像吸毒者之间的关系是他们都吸毒一样 |
[19:07] | because they use drugs, the thing that Alfredo and I did together | 我和阿弗雷德的共同点 |
[19:09] | was not use them, so… | 是我们都不吸毒 所以 |
[19:13] | It is a conundrum, to be sure. | 这无疑是个难题 |
[19:26] | It’s from Everyone. | 是”人人”送来的 |
[19:43] | 把我打通关 土星之剑 | |
[19:50] | “Finish me.” | 把我打通关 |
[20:03] | – Look out! – I’m looking out. | -小心 -我小心着呢 |
[20:05] | You have to go left. Left! | 你要往左边走 左边 |
[20:06] | Do you mind? | 你能别说话吗 |
[20:07] | I’m trying to help. | 我在试着帮你 |
[20:11] | Your help has just resulted in that man’s murder. | 你的帮助刚刚导致了那个人被谋杀 |
[20:13] | Again. | 又一次 |
[20:14] | Okay, first of all, he wasn’t murdered– | 好吧 首先 他没有被谋杀 |
[20:15] | he was zapped into another dimension. | 他被困在了其他次元 |
[20:17] | And second of all, he still has two lives left. | 其次 他还剩两条命呢 |
[20:19] | Of course, that’s what happens in real life. | 当然 这就是现实生活中会发生的 |
[20:21] | If you die, you get two more chances. | 如果你死了 你还有两条命 |
[20:23] | Somewhere, two more Eddie Rosses | 某个地方 还有两个埃迪·罗斯 |
[20:25] | have just resumed digging their hole. | 又开始继续挖洞了 |
[20:27] | Okay, don’t get grumpy with me just because | 别因为”人人”让你玩这个老电子游戏 |
[20:29] | Everyone is making you finish this old video game. | 就跟我发脾气 |
[20:31] | What are you even supposed to do once you’re finished? | 你通关了又该怎么做 |
[20:33] | It’s not like they left us instructions. | 他们又没有给我们留下任何指示 |
[20:34] | Well, obviously they want proof that I finished the game. | 很显然他们想要我游戏通关的证据 |
[20:36] | So I’m sure a photograph of the final screen will suffice. | 所以我相信有游戏通关的照片就足够了 |
[20:38] | And then Everyone will provide us with IntegerOverflow’s real name. | 然后人人就会给我们”整数溢出”的真名了 |
[20:46] | May I? | 我能试试吗 |
[20:53] | According to my research, Swords of Saturn | 根据我的调查 |
[20:55] | was one of the best games of the era. | 土星之剑是那个时代的最好的游戏之一 |
[20:58] | If Nottingham Knights was one of the worst, | 如果诺丁汉骑士是最差的 |
[20:59] | then consignment to a landfill was too kind a fate. | 那么被送到垃圾场是很好的命运了 |
[21:04] | Well, it appears you have some aptitude for avoiding digital blobs. | 显然你有躲避电子斑点的天赋 |
[21:08] | I told you. I had one of these consoles growing up. | 我告诉过你 我小时候有个这种控制器 |
[21:09] | I’ve played this game before. | 我以前玩过这个游戏 |
[21:11] | A fact you could’ve shared several hours ago. | 你几小时前就可以分享这个事实 |
[21:16] | Yes! Yes. | 太好了 |
[21:18] | My hero. | 我的英雄 |
[21:19] | Okay, so where do you want this sent? | 好了 你想让我把这个发送到哪里 |
[21:22] | Well, it appears we don’t have to send it anywhere. | 显然我们不用发送到任何地方了 |
[21:25] | Oh. “Sound by Integer Overflow.” | 音效制作 “整数溢出” |
[21:28] | So making us play the game wasn’t the price of the answer– | 让我们玩游戏不是得到答案的代价 |
[21:30] | it was the answer. | 游戏本身就是答案 |
[21:31] | This is elegant, even by Everyone’s standards. | 就算以”人人”的标准 这也太简洁了 |
[21:34] | All right. So now all we have to do is find out | 好了 现在我们只需要找出 |
[21:37] | who designed the sound for this game. | 谁制作了这个游戏的音效 |
[21:39] | There’s got to be a record somewhere. | 一定有地方有记录 |
[21:40] | Check the Internet. I’m going to go ice my thumb. | 上网查查 我要去冰敷我的手指了 |
[21:47] | You think I killed Eddie Ross | 你们认为我因为《诺丁汉骑士》 |
[21:50] | over the Nottingham Knights games. | 杀了埃迪·罗斯 |
[21:52] | You do go by the online handle IntegerOverflow, do you not? | 你的网名是”整数溢出”对吧 |
[21:56] | I do. | 我是 |
[21:57] | And can you tell us where you were two nights ago, | 你能告诉我们两个晚上前 |
[21:59] | around 2:00 a.m.? | 凌晨两点你在哪里吗 |
[22:00] | Here. Alone. | 在这里 一个人 |
[22:02] | You and Eddie were in communication on and off the discussion board. | 你和埃迪在讨论区偶尔交流 |
[22:04] | We think he may have found a stash of video games | 我们认为他由于你的帮助 |
[22:06] | worth millions of dollars thanks to your help. | 可能找到了价值百万的电子游戏的藏匿处 |
[22:11] | We suspect that your career as a composer | 我们怀疑你制作震耳欲聋的电子音乐的事业 |
[22:14] | of ear-splitting digital music peaked in the early ’80s. | 在80年代早期达到了顶点 |
[22:16] | So perhaps when Eddie found those games, | 也许当埃迪找到了那些游戏 |
[22:18] | you felt your ship had finally come in. | 你觉得你的机会终于来了 |
[22:22] | I’m sorry. Is there something funny about all this? | 不好意思 这有什么好笑的吗 |
[22:25] | Little bit. | 有一点 |
[22:26] | You want to let us in on the joke? | 你介意让我们也笑笑吗 |
[22:28] | You’re way off. | 你们说的太扯了 |
[22:30] | I didn’t kill Eddie, | 我没有杀埃迪 |
[22:32] | and I didn’t take any Nottingham Knights games. | 我也没有拿走任何《诺丁汉骑士》 |
[22:36] | No one could’ve taken them. | 没人能拿走它们 |
[22:38] | And why’s that? | 为什么 |
[22:40] | Come on. I’ll show you. | 来吧 我给你们看 |
[22:58] | I understand you’re new at this, Mr. Ostrin, | 我明白你没遇过这种事 奥斯特林先生 |
[23:00] | but revealing you’re in possession of the very items | 但让我们知道你拥有一些物品 |
[23:02] | we believe a man was killed over | 而我们相信有人正是因这些物品而被杀害 |
[23:05] | is not a great way of clearing yourself. | 这可不是证明自己清白的好方式 |
[23:06] | These are the games that EmeryVision dumped | 这些就是金视公司在1980年 |
[23:09] | in a landfill in 1980. | 扔在填埋场的游戏光碟 |
[23:11] | Only no one killed Eddie over them. | 只是没人因此杀了埃迪 |
[23:15] | Because Eddie didn’t find them. | 因为埃迪根本没找到它们 |
[23:18] | I did. | 我找到的 |
[23:19] | Six years ago. In a totally different landfill. | 六年前 在另一个填埋场 |
[23:22] | And you can prove that? | 你能证明吗 |
[23:24] | Only with about 100 hours of video. | 我只有约100小时的视频可以证明 |
[23:28] | I recorded every step. | 我记录了整个过程 |
[23:29] | Thought it would make for a good documentary one day. | 觉得有一天能做成一部不错的纪录片 |
[23:32] | You were helping him on the discussion board. | 可你却在讨论区给他帮忙 |
[23:35] | I was leading him on a wild-goose chase. | 我是在引导他做徒劳无功的事 |
[23:39] | Looks like you’ve been on one, too. | 看起来你们也白跑一趟了 |
[23:42] | Sorry, but whatever Eddie found in that hole, | 抱歉 但无论埃迪在洞里发现了什么 |
[23:46] | it wasn’t these games. | 都不是这些游戏 |
[23:55] | Dwight Ostrin’s story checks out. | 德怀特·奥斯特林说的是真的 |
[23:58] | And he’s had the Nottingham Knights games for six years. | 他拿到那些《诺丁汉骑士》已经六年了 |
[24:00] | He held onto his digging permits, video footage, | 他保存着当时的挖掘许可 视频资料 |
[24:03] | even nondisclosure agreements from the crew that helped him. | 甚至还有当时帮忙的工作人员的保密协定 |
[24:06] | Pretty thorough for a guy | 作为发现了游戏却隐瞒消息的人 |
[24:07] | who was hiding the fact that he found ’em. | 他考虑得颇为周全 |
[24:09] | He knew he might need to authenticate the discovery someday. | 他知道某天自己可能需要证实这个发现 |
[24:12] | In the meantime, he’s been selling one online, every few months, | 与此同时 他每隔几个月都在网上卖一张 |
[24:15] | and claiming it was one of the advance copies | 宣称这是泰勒·埃格特 |
[24:17] | Tyler Eggert told us about, | 跟我们说的那种样本版 |
[24:18] | the ones that went out to reviewers in 1980. | 那些1980年交给评审员的版本 |
[24:20] | Got almost ten grand apiece for them. | 每张几乎都卖到一万美元 |
[24:23] | If they’re so valuable, why sit on them? | 如果这些碟这么值钱 为什么不全卖掉 |
[24:25] | Why keep them a secret? | 为什么要保密 |
[24:26] | Supply and demand. | 供求问题 |
[24:27] | They’re only valuable because they’re so rare. | 它们值钱是因为很稀有 |
[24:29] | And there’s only a small | 而且只有一小波人 |
[24:30] | number of people who’d spend money on them. | 愿意在这上面花钱 |
[24:32] | Flood the market with 1,000 copies, | 如果有一千张流入市场 |
[24:34] | and the price would plummet. | 价格就会急转直下 |
[24:36] | Best thing he could do was act like he never found them, | 他能做的就是装作根本没发现它们 |
[24:38] | keep feeding the hype around the legend. | 继续对其传奇性大肆宣传 |
[24:40] | That’s why he was pretending to help Eddie. | 这就是为什么他要装作帮助埃迪 |
[24:43] | So where’s this leave us? | 那我们现在有何进展 |
[24:44] | Not quite square one, but close. | 没回到原点但也差不多了 |
[24:47] | We haven’t been able to find anyone | 我们现在还没能发现有谁 |
[24:48] | who had a problem with Eddie. | 和埃迪有矛盾 |
[24:49] | It’s possible he walked in on a burglar, | 很有可能是他遇上了小偷 |
[24:51] | but as far as his family can tell, | 但根据他家人的说法 |
[24:53] | nothing of value is missing from his apartment. | 他公寓里没有丢失什么值钱的物品 |
[24:55] | Nothing they knew about, at least. | 至少不是他们认为值钱的物品 |
[24:56] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[24:58] | Eddie was out of work and single. | 埃迪失业而且单身 |
[25:00] | He had nothing else going on in his life aside from the dig. | 他的生活中除了那次挖掘什么都没发生 |
[25:03] | It still feels like it’s the best lead we have. | 看起来这仍然是我们最好的线索 |
[25:05] | So you think he went looking for the games | 所以你觉得他去找那些游戏 |
[25:06] | and he found something else? | 却发现了别的东西 |
[25:08] | Well, maybe there was some other kind of hidden treasure, | 也许是别人会觊觎的 |
[25:10] | one that somebody else wanted. | 其他类型的宝藏 |
[25:12] | Send CSU back to the hole he dug. | 派犯罪现场调查小组去他挖的那个洞 |
[25:14] | See if anything new comes up. | 看看有什么新线索 |
[25:17] | I will, but the building owner won’t be too happy about it. | 明白 但大楼所有者不会很高兴 |
[25:21] | He wants the hole filled. He gave us an earful | 他想把洞填上 我们昨天去拜访时 |
[25:23] | when we went to see him yesterday. | 他还向我们抱怨来着 |
[25:24] | Well, tell him I got his earful right here. | 告诉他有抱怨可以跟我说 |
[25:27] | Feel free to give him my number. | 尽管把我的号码给他 |
[25:38] | Sherlock. | 夏洛克 |
[25:41] | Martin. | 我是马丁 |
[25:43] | Yes, I remember. | 是 我记得 |
[25:45] | Ah. Got your 30-day chip last week, right? | 上周拿到了你的三十日奖章 对吧 |
[25:48] | I did. | 是的 |
[25:49] | Feels good, right? | 感觉很不错吧 |
[25:50] | You should be proud. | 你应该很骄傲 |
[25:52] | Yes, well, actually, it’s my second time. | 是的 实际上 这是我第二次了 |
[25:54] | I, um… Prior to last month, | 在上周之前 |
[25:56] | I had three years. | 我三年没吸 |
[26:00] | Did better than me. | 比我好多了 |
[26:02] | Four relapses in my first three years. | 刚开始的三年我复吸了四次 |
[26:05] | Didn’t think I was gonna make it. | 没想过自己能戒掉 |
[26:06] | But look at me now– 22 years clean. | 但看我现在 22年没吸过了 |
[26:27] | There’s more, you know. | 那边还有 |
[26:30] | What? | 什么 |
[26:31] | Donuts. Over there. | 甜甜圈 那边 |
[26:39] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[26:41] | Was there another meeting here earlier? | 这儿之前还有另一场互助会吗 |
[26:44] | Yeah, there was one at 8:00. Why? | 对 八点有过一场 怎么了 |
[26:54] | Joan? | 乔恩 |
[26:55] | Yeah. Back here. | 在后面 |
[27:00] | Is this everything the Department of Sanitation sent over? | 这些是卫生部送过来的全部资料吗 |
[27:02] | Yes, records for all the other companies | 对 在埃迪挖游戏的那个填埋场 |
[27:04] | that dumped their garbage in the same landfill where Eddie was digging. | 倒垃圾的所有公司的资料 |
[27:07] | Hmm. Did any of them throw | 他们之中有谁 |
[27:09] | anything away that sounds like treasure? | 扔掉什么值钱的东西了吗 |
[27:10] | No. Actually, just the opposite. | 没有 事实上恰恰相反 |
[27:12] | But the name Corrigan Chemical came up a few times. | 不过科里根化工这名字出现了几次 |
[27:15] | I recognized the name, so I did a search. | 我记得这名字 于是查了查 |
[27:17] | It turns out that Corrigan was caught | 结果发现科里根曾于1985年被抓到 |
[27:19] | illegally dumping toxic chemicals in two other landfills in 1985. | 在另外两处填埋场非法倾倒有毒化学物 |
[27:24] | You’re thinking maybe they did the same thing here? | 你觉得他们也许在这里做了同样的事 |
[27:27] | Say they did, and Eddie found proof, | 假设他们真做了 而埃迪发现了证据 |
[27:29] | and then threatened to go public. | 于是威胁要公之于众 |
[27:32] | Someone at that company might have killed him to keep him quiet. | 可能是那公司的某人杀了他灭口 |
[27:35] | Detective Bell? | 贝尔警探 |
[27:37] | Amy Kim. | 我是艾米·金 |
[27:39] | I heard you have questions about Corrigan. | 听说您有些问题 关于科里根的 |
[27:41] | Yeah. This is my colleague, Ms. Watson. | 对 这是我的同事华生小姐 |
[27:43] | Actually, we’re a little confused. | 事实上 我们有点困惑 |
[27:44] | We thought this was Corrigan. | 我们以为这里是科里根公司 |
[27:46] | Brower acquired Corrigan in 1998. | 布劳尔公司于1998年并购了科里根 |
[27:48] | We keep this as the address of record, | 我们在地址存档上仍留着这个名字 |
[27:50] | so any inquiries come here. | 所以有相关问题都会转来这里 |
[27:51] | Handling those inquiries is part of my job. | 处理这些问题是我的部分工作 |
[27:54] | So, how can I help? | 那么 我能怎么帮你们 |
[27:56] | Actually, it’s probably best if we discuss it in private. | 事实上 我们可能私下谈谈会比较好 |
[28:04] | This is the first I’m hearing of any of this. | 这是我第一次听说这些 |
[28:06] | Your victim– Mr. Ross? | 你们的受害者 罗斯先生 |
[28:08] | I can assure you he never approached us. | 我可以保证他从没找过我们 |
[28:11] | Couple of hours ago, the EPA ran some tests | 几小时前 环保局对罗斯先生 |
[28:13] | on the soil Mr. Ross took from the landfill. | 从填埋场带走的土壤做了检测 |
[28:16] | The results showed high levels of dioxin. | 结果表明有高含量的二氧杂芑 |
[28:19] | That’s the chemical your company | 这是你们公司被控 |
[28:20] | was charged with dumping illegally at two other sites. | 在另外两处填埋场非法倾倒的东西 |
[28:23] | Not our company. Corrigan. | 不是我们公司 是科里根 |
[28:25] | We acquired them after these incidents took place. | 我们是在这些事故发生后并购他们的 |
[28:28] | Whatever they did before isn’t our responsibility. | 他们以前做的事我们概不负责 |
[28:30] | I could see how that would be Brower’s position, but… | 我能明白布劳尔的立场 不过 |
[28:33] | It’s a fact, and to be honest, | 这是事实 说实话 |
[28:35] | I don’t think Corrigan would be held liable, either. | 我也不认为科里根应该负责 |
[28:38] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[28:39] | They hired an independent contractor | 他们雇了个独立承包商 |
[28:41] | to dispose of their hazardous waste. | 来处理他们的有害垃圾 |
[28:43] | They paid the full rates for a proper disposal. | 他们付了全额的妥善处理费 |
[28:46] | The contractor, apparently, cut corners | 承包商显然抄了近路 |
[28:48] | and disposed of the waste illegally | 将有害垃圾申报为惰性材料 |
[28:50] | by reporting it as inert materials. | 做了非法处理 |
[28:54] | None of that has anything to do with Brower. | 这些都与布劳尔公司无关 |
[28:56] | A court might feel differently. | 但法庭可能会有不同意见 |
[28:58] | Maybe, but so far, | 也许吧 但目前为止 |
[29:00] | the courts have ruled in our favor. | 法庭的裁决都是对我方有利的 |
[29:02] | Three similar cases have come up | 我来这里工作后 |
[29:04] | since I started here, | 曾发生过三次类似的案件 |
[29:05] | and Brower was cleared of liability in all three. | 但布劳尔公司三次都被裁定无责任 |
[29:09] | I can show you the cases. | 我可以给你们看卷宗 |
[29:11] | In one of them, the state paid for the whole cleanup. | 有一起由控方支付了全额清理费 |
[29:16] | In another, the current property owner was on the hook. | 还有一起 现任房产的所有者被套牢了 |
[29:21] | Are you talking about | 你是说那个 |
[29:21] | the person who bought the property after the landfill was sealed? | 在垃圾场被查封后买下了房产的人吗 |
[29:25] | Yeah, doesn’t seem fair, does it? | 对 好像不太公平是吧 |
[29:27] | But that’s how the Superfund law works. | 但超级基金法就是这么运作的 |
[29:29] | It’s like buying a used car. | 就像买一辆二手车 |
[29:30] | You need to check under the hood, | 你得打开引擎盖仔细查看 |
[29:32] | because once you pay for it, it’s yours, warts and all. | 因为一旦交了钱 它就彻底属于你了 |
[29:36] | The building owner. | 房子的所有者 |
[29:38] | The one who was in a hurry to fill in the hole that Eddie Ross dug. | 那个急于填补埃迪挖出的洞的人 |
[29:41] | Maybe that’s not just because it’s an eyesore. | 也许不仅因为那洞有碍观瞻 |
[29:45] | Mr. Brice, when Ms. Watson and I visited you in your office yesterday, | 布莱斯先生 昨天我和华生小姐拜访你时 |
[29:48] | we asked you if you’d ever heard of Eddie Ross. | 我们问你是否听说过埃迪·罗斯 |
[29:50] | You told us you hadn’t. | 你说没有 |
[29:52] | Thing is, we went back and had a longer conversation | 但我们又回来跟你的秘书伊莱恩 |
[29:54] | with your secretary Elaine. | 长谈了一次 |
[29:56] | You should know, she’s very loyal to you. | 你该知道 她对你非常忠诚 |
[29:58] | She started out insisting she didn’t remember anything. | 她一开始坚称什么都不知道 |
[30:00] | Once we pointed out to her | 等我们指出 |
[30:01] | that she could go to prison for hindering prosecution, | 她可能会因妨碍司法而进监狱 |
[30:03] | her memory cleared up. | 她就什么都想起来了 |
[30:05] | She said that Eddie came to your office twice. | 她说埃迪去过你办公室两次 |
[30:08] | The first time was about two weeks ago. | 第一次是两周前 |
[30:11] | According to Elaine, | 据伊莱恩说 |
[30:12] | he asked your permission to dig behind your building. | 他向你征求许可在你房子后面挖东西 |
[30:15] | Your super said he claimed to work for the city, | 你的监管员说他声称是为市政府工作的 |
[30:17] | so we’re guessing you said no. | 所以我们猜你当时拒绝了 |
[30:21] | Elaine is a sweet woman, but she’s obviously mistaken. | 伊莱恩是个可爱的女人 但她明显搞错了 |
[30:25] | I don’t recall any of this. | 我完全不记得有这种事 |
[30:26] | Which makes all of it | 所以一切最多就只能是 |
[30:27] | “He-said, she-said” At best. | 他说了什么 她又说了什么 |
[30:30] | Sounds to me like you coerced a statement. | 我听着倒像是你们强行逼了供 |
[30:33] | We’ll see if a judge agrees. | 咱们看法官会不会认同吧 |
[30:35] | Well, it’s understandable you don’t remember. | 你不记得也可以理解 |
[30:36] | You’re a busy man. | 你是个大忙人 |
[30:38] | And Eddie Ross’s hunt for discarded video games | 而埃迪·罗斯搜集废弃电玩的事 |
[30:40] | probably ranks quite low on your list of priorities. | 在你的待办清单上应该排名很低吧 |
[30:43] | But we imagine his second visit | 但我们猜想他的第二次到访给 |
[30:44] | left a more lasting impression. | 给你留下了更加难以磨灭的印象吧 |
[30:45] | The only thing that your secretary could tell us about it | 你的秘书只告诉我们 |
[30:47] | was that you quickly pulled Eddie behind closed doors. | 你迅速把艾迪拉进去并关上了门 |
[30:50] | See, we think he’d approached you | 你看 我们认为他找你 |
[30:52] | with evidence of what he’d found. | 是带着他找到的证据 |
[30:54] | Chemical drums that contained toxic waste. | 带有有毒废物的化学桶 |
[30:57] | He had the expertise to identify the drums. | 他有鉴别出那些桶的专业知识 |
[30:59] | He had the equipment to test the soil. | 也有能检测土壤的设备 |
[31:02] | He almost certainly understood what he had found | 他一定明白了他发现了什么 |
[31:04] | and its ramifications to you. | 而对你来说可是节外生枝 |
[31:06] | Now, perhaps he came to you in good faith, | 也许他带着善意找到了你 |
[31:09] | to give you a chance to remedy the situation, | 想给你一个弥补的机会 |
[31:11] | or perhaps he offered to forget what he had seen | 也可能他提议会忘了他看到的一切 |
[31:14] | in exchange for a tidy sum. | 以换取一大笔奖金 |
[31:15] | Either way, you settled on a third option. | 不管怎样 你落实了第三种选项 |
[31:18] | I did some research. | 我做了些研究 |
[31:20] | It turns out your building is in escrow, | 结果发现你的楼已经跟周围一排产业一起 |
[31:22] | along with a row of adjacent properties. | 由第三方暂管了 |
[31:24] | You’re about 15 days away | 你还有15天左右 |
[31:25] | from closing on a ten-million-dollar sale. | 就要敲定一笔千万美元的买卖了 |
[31:28] | Toxic waste would have been a deal killer. | 有毒废物可能会毁了一切 |
[31:30] | You’d be out all that money, not to mention | 你的所有钱都会打水漂 |
[31:32] | facing lawsuits from all of your tenants. | 更别提还会面临所有房客的诸多指控 |
[31:34] | Much easier to just get rid of Eddie Ross. | 直接摆脱埃迪·罗斯可容易多了 |
[31:37] | Right? | 对吗 |
[31:39] | Brower Chemical, the company that bought the company | 布劳尔化工 他们买下了处理废物的公司 |
[31:41] | that did the dumping, has been cooperating fully. | 他们可非常合作呢 |
[31:44] | Using their records, | 通过他们的记录 |
[31:46] | we’ve been able to figure out exactly | 我们弄清了那个垃圾堆里 |
[31:48] | how many drums of waste were buried at that landfill. | 到底掩埋了多少废物桶 |
[31:51] | We executed a search warrant on your property this afternoon, | 今天下午我们执行了对你产业的搜查 |
[31:56] | using ground-penetrating radar. | 用的切土雷达 |
[31:58] | And guess what? | 你猜怎么着 |
[32:00] | You’re two drums short. | 你少了两个桶 |
[32:02] | Obviously, they’re the two drums | 很明显就是埃迪在挖掘时 |
[32:04] | that Eddie uncovered when he was digging. | 发现的那两个 |
[32:06] | So, who aside from you, would have had reason to move them? | 那么除了你 还有谁有理由去转移它们呢 |
[32:10] | I’d like a moment alone with my attorney. | 我想跟我的律师单独待一会 |
[32:18] | You’re not even gonna try to read lips. | 你不会是想读唇语吧 |
[32:21] | Their backs are to us. | 他们背对着我们呢 |
[32:22] | Well, it’s never stopped you before. | 以前可没阻碍过你 |
[32:24] | Oh, how was the meeting? | 互助会怎么样 |
[32:27] | When Alfredo came to the brownstone the other day, | 阿弗雷多来褐石屋那天 |
[32:29] | you’re certain that he said I hadn’t been to | 你确定他说 我上周没去参加 |
[32:30] | any of the meetings at St. Luke’s last week? | 圣卢克教区的任何互助会吗 |
[32:32] | Yes. | 对 |
[32:33] | And those were his exact words? | 他原话就是这么说的吗 |
[32:34] | Yes. Why? | 对 怎么了 |
[32:43] | My client’s statement. | 我当事人的证词 |
[32:45] | He admits to having removed the drums. | 他承认转移了那些桶 |
[32:47] | He was just getting around | 他正准备跟买家们解释 |
[32:48] | to letting the buyer know about them. | 好让他们知情 |
[32:50] | The sale will probably fall through, and you’re right– | 交易可能会落空 你是对的 |
[32:52] | he’ll probably face some civil complaints– | 他可能会面临一些民事投诉 |
[32:54] | but what he won’t be facing is a murder charge. | 但他不会面临谋杀罪的指控 |
[32:56] | How do you figure that? | 你怎么知道 |
[32:58] | Your client still hasn’t accounted | 你的当事人还没解释 |
[32:59] | for his whereabouts three nights ago. | 他三晚前的行踪 |
[33:01] | There’s the name and address | 这是霍博肯市 |
[33:02] | of a garage out in Hoboken. | 一个车库的名称和地址 |
[33:04] | My client’s company keeps a truck there. | 我当事人的公司在那边存了辆货车 |
[33:07] | I’m sure they have security cameras. | 我相信他们有监控 |
[33:08] | I’d recommend you review the footage 1:00 a.M. That night. | 我建议你们看看那晚凌晨一点左右的画面 |
[33:12] | Should answer all your questions. | 应该能解答你们的所有疑问 |
[33:21] | Just like he wrote in his statement. | 跟他在证词里写的一样 |
[33:23] | He hired those workers to move the drums, | 他雇了那些工人转移化学桶 |
[33:25] | and he let them use his company’s truck to do it. | 并让他们用了自己公司的卡车 |
[33:27] | And he did it at the same time | 而这跟埃迪·罗斯家着火 |
[33:29] | the fire broke out at Eddie Ross’s place. | 是在同一时间 |
[33:31] | A despicable alibi, but an alibi nonetheless. | 不太光彩 但的确是不在场证明 |
[33:36] | Duncan Brice is not our killer. | 邓肯·布莱斯不是凶手 |
[33:50] | What are you doing? | 你干什么呢 |
[33:51] | I’m punishing my brain. | 我在惩罚我的大脑 |
[33:53] | And what did your brain do to deserve punishment? | 你大脑做什么了要受罚 |
[33:55] | It’s what it didn’t do. | 应该问它该做什么而没做 |
[33:57] | We know that Duncan Brice is an abhorrent human being | 我们知道邓肯·布莱斯是个可恶的人 |
[33:59] | who’d rather hide evidence of toxic waste | 他宁愿把有毒废物的证据藏起来 |
[34:01] | than protect his tenants. | 也不愿保护他的房客 |
[34:03] | And he’s almost certainly behind the death of Eddie Ross. | 他也无疑是埃迪·罗斯之死的幕后主使 |
[34:06] | Right. He had an accomplice– someone who went to kill Eddie | 对 他有同谋 那人在邓肯处理桶的时候 |
[34:08] | while Duncan dealt with the drums. | 杀了埃迪·罗斯 |
[34:09] | That’s why we went to separate quarters– | 所以我们才要待在各自的房间 |
[34:11] | to try and figure out who it was, right? | 好弄清到底是谁 对吗 |
[34:13] | I’ve been pouring through the man’s life for hours now, | 我已经花了几小时来梳理这人的人生 |
[34:14] | trying to find someone he would plausibly approach for such a task, | 想找出某个他可能找来执行这种任务的人 |
[34:17] | and I have nothing to show for it. | 毫无线索 |
[34:20] | How fares your brain? | 你的大脑进展如何了 |
[34:22] | Actually, it thinks it found something. | 事实上 它觉得它有些发现了 |
[34:26] | Four years ago, there was a fire that gutted a building | 四年前 有一场大火烧毁了 |
[34:28] | owned by Duncan Brice. | 邓肯·布莱斯拥有的一栋楼 |
[34:30] | It was ruled accidental, but… | 最后被判为意外 不过 |
[34:33] | the building was well-insured. | 那楼是享有充分保险的 |
[34:34] | They payout was in the millions. | 保额高达百万 |
[34:38] | You’re suggesting this fire was set deliberately? | 你是说有人故意放火的 |
[34:41] | It wouldn’t be the first time | 这不会是第一次 |
[34:41] | someone like Brice used insurance to finance a rebuild. | 有像布莱斯那样的人利用保险来融资重建 |
[34:45] | Let’s say I’m right. | 先假设我是对的吧 |
[34:47] | Four years ago, he hires an arsonist. | 四年前 他雇了个纵火犯 |
[34:49] | Then, three nights ago, | 后来 三晚前 |
[34:50] | he realized he needed Eddie Ross dead. | 他意识到他需要埃迪·罗斯死 |
[34:53] | Now, Brice isn’t a Mob boss. | 布莱斯不是个黑帮大佬 |
[34:55] | He doesn’t know dozens of criminals for hire. | 他可不认识很多纵火犯 |
[34:56] | He only knows one, so he calls him. | 他只认识一个 所以他打给了他 |
[34:59] | If this was arson– and that’s a considerable “If”– | 如果这是纵火罪 而且是很有可能的”如果” |
[35:02] | it was carried out so meticulously | 那可处理得非常干净 |
[35:04] | that it was never detected. | 完全没被发现 |
[35:05] | Eddie Ross’s murder was a mess. | 埃迪·罗斯的死可是一团糟 |
[35:08] | The weapon used was one of opportunity– | 使用的凶器就是很好的切入点 |
[35:10] | a trowel left lying around. | 有一把泥铲被留在了现场 |
[35:12] | Now, no one goes to commit a murder | 没有一个蓄意谋杀的人 |
[35:14] | hoping there’s going to be a weapon handy, | 会指望现场能有趁手的武器 |
[35:16] | least of all a professional. | 尤其是专业杀手 |
[35:17] | I thought about that, and then I remembered | 我想过 然后想起了你那天 |
[35:19] | something you said in the morgue the other day. | 在停尸间说的一些话 |
[35:21] | Eddie’s neighbor told police | 埃迪的邻居告诉警方 |
[35:22] | she smelled gas, not gasoline. | 她闻到了瓦斯味 不是汽油 |
[35:24] | Marcus thought she got confused, but what if she didn’t? | 马库斯以为她记混了 可万一真是如此呢 |
[35:27] | Go on. | 继续 |
[35:29] | What if the killer was planning to set a fire | 要是凶手想放一场火 |
[35:30] | that was supposed to look like a gas leak, | 希望看起来像瓦斯泄漏造成的意外 |
[35:32] | but then Eddie woke up and walked in on him? | 可埃迪正好醒了 撞见了他呢 |
[35:34] | Once things got messy, | 一旦事情开始混乱 |
[35:35] | there’d be no point in staging a fire that looked accidental. | 就不可能看起来像意外了 |
[35:38] | So he replaced the gas with petrol. | 于是他用汽油替换了瓦斯 |
[35:40] | Needed to be sure he left no trace of himself on the body. | 他得确保尸体上没留下线索能查到他 |
[35:44] | Figure out who committed this arson… | 查清谁放了这场火 |
[35:48] | then maybe we’ll figure out who committed this one. | 也许我们就能查出谁放了这场火 |
[36:01] | Anything you have to say, call my lawyer. | 不管你要说什么 先打给我的律师 |
[36:03] | I’m not talking to you without him. | 他不在场我什么都不会说 |
[36:04] | Actually, you’re not going to have to do any talking at all. | 其实你根本什么都不用说了 |
[36:07] | Nice building. | 这楼不错 |
[36:08] | Can see why you’d want to have offices in it. | 能理解你为什么想在这里办公 |
[36:10] | The building that used to occupy this space was a dump, | 以前这地方可是个垃圾场 |
[36:13] | so, it’s a small wonder you had it burned down | 只是个猜测 你让人烧了它 |
[36:15] | so your insurance company would pay for an upgrade. | 好让你的保险公司买单让你重建升级 |
[36:18] | Is the NYPD looking for a slander suit? | 纽约警局想被控诽谤吗 |
[36:21] | You hired a professional torch named Vladimir Orlov | 你雇了个叫弗拉基米尔·奥洛夫的职业纵火犯 |
[36:24] | to set a fire in this building four years ago, | 四年前放火烧了这栋楼 |
[36:27] | and to kill Eddie Ross four nights ago. | 并于四晚前杀了埃迪·罗斯 |
[36:29] | No. I’ve never seen that man before. | 不 我从来没见过这人 |
[36:31] | When this building burned down in 2011, | 这栋楼2011年被烧时 |
[36:34] | the smoke detector in the unit | 最先起火那个单元的 |
[36:35] | where the fire started never went off. | 烟雾报警器一直没响过 |
[36:37] | The batteries were dead, | 电池没电了 |
[36:38] | even though the building manager swore | 虽然大楼管理员发誓 |
[36:40] | he had just replaced them a week before. | 说他一周前才刚换过 |
[36:42] | There was no other sign of foul play, | 没有其他迹象表明是不正当行为 |
[36:44] | so no one thought much of it. | 所以没人多想 |
[36:45] | But after everything that’s happened | 但经过最近几天发生的这些事 |
[36:47] | the last few days, it jumped out at us. | 当初的真相就浮出水面了 |
[36:50] | We wonder– did your arsonist replace the fresh batteries | 我们怀疑 你的纵火犯是不是用旧电池 |
[36:52] | with dead ones to delay the arrival of the fire department? | 换走了新电池 以拖延消防局赶到的时间 |
[36:55] | And if he did so in 2011, | 如果他在2011年这么干过 |
[36:56] | did he also do so in 2015? | 他是否在2015年也这么干了呢 |
[36:58] | Turns out he had. | 事实证明果然如此 |
[36:59] | But when things went sideways, | 但当事情脱离了正轨 |
[37:00] | and he had to undo the fire he was planning to set, | 他得撤销他想放的火 |
[37:03] | he put the good batteries back into Eddie’s smoke detector. | 于是他把新电池重新放回了埃迪的报警器 |
[37:06] | Unfortunately for him, | 对他来说很不幸的是 |
[37:07] | well, and for you, | 对你也一样 |
[37:09] | the new fire was concentrated around Eddie’s body. | 新的火集中在了埃迪尸体周围 |
[37:11] | Didn’t do any damage to the smoke detector, | 对烟雾报警器没造成任何损坏 |
[37:13] | or to the prints Vladimir Orlov left on the batteries. | 也没破坏弗拉基米尔留在电池上的指纹 |
[37:16] | We’ve had him in custody the last few hours. | 过去几小时我们一直拘留着他 |
[37:19] | He named you as the guy who hired him to kill Eddie Ross. | 他供出了你和雇他杀埃迪·罗斯的人 |
[37:25] | Duncan Brice, you’re under arrest. | 邓肯·布莱斯 你被捕了 |
[37:28] | You have the right to remain silent. | 你有权保持沉默 |
[37:29] | Anything you say can be used against you in court. | 但你说的每一句话都将成为呈堂证供 |
[37:38] | You know what doesn’t scare me at all? | 知道有什么事完全吓不住我吗 |
[37:40] | Coming back to my garage | 回到我的车库 |
[37:41] | and finding some strange white guy let himself in. | 发现有个陌生的白人自己进来了 |
[37:44] | Not like that’s ever gone badly for me. | 并不是说以前就没出过事 |
[37:48] | Sorry. I was waiting outside, | 抱歉 我本来在外面等的 |
[37:50] | and I got bored, so I came inside. | 有点无聊 于是就进来了 |
[37:52] | And then I got bored again. | 然后我又无聊了 |
[37:54] | You tell me you came up with a solution | 告诉我你找到了 |
[37:56] | for that wiring problem, all is forgiven. | 解决线路问题的方法 我就原谅你 |
[37:59] | So what’s up? | 最近怎么样 |
[38:01] | You doing okay? | 你还好吗 |
[38:02] | Uh, actually, I was, I was wondering if, uh… | 其实 我在想 我不知道… |
[38:05] | you were okay. | 你是否还好 |
[38:08] | Um, the other day, you told Watson | 那天你跟华生说 |
[38:11] | that I had not been to any of the meetings | 我一整周没去参加圣卢克教区的 |
[38:13] | at St. Luke’s that whole past week. | 任何互助会 |
[38:16] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[38:18] | Right. St. Luke’s holds five meetings a week. | 好吧 圣卢克教区一周会开五场互助会 |
[38:20] | You typically attend two of them. | 你通常会参加两场 |
[38:23] | It occurred to me you wouldn’t know | 我突然想到你不会知道 |
[38:25] | I hadn’t been to any unless you had been to all of them. | 我一次都没去 除非你每场都去了 |
[38:29] | And then, yesterday, | 然后昨天 |
[38:31] | at an entirely different meeting, | 在一次完全不同的互助会上 |
[38:32] | I noticed this box of donuts | 我注意到了那个甜甜圈盒子 |
[38:34] | from the shop up the street, | 是街那头那家店的 |
[38:36] | that you like. | 是你喜欢的那种 |
[38:38] | So you’d been to that meeting just before, had you not? | 所以你参加了之前那场互助会 对吗 |
[38:43] | What if I had? | 是又怎么了 |
[38:43] | Well, obviously, it means you’re attending more meetings than you usually do. | 很明显这说明你在参加比平常更多的互助会 |
[38:49] | And that would suggest | 那就表明 |
[38:50] | that you’re struggling with something. | 你在跟什么事作斗争 |
[38:55] | I just didn’t want to put this on you. | 我不想把这事扣在你身上 |
[38:57] | Put what on me? | 把什么扣在我身上 |
[38:59] | I don’t know. I’m… down. | 我不知道 我很…低落 |
[39:02] | And before you even think it– | 不用想了 |
[39:04] | it has nothing to do with Oscar Rankin. | 跟奥斯卡·兰金无关 |
[39:06] | What does it have to do with? | 那跟什么有关 |
[39:08] | If I knew that, I wouldn’t have gone | 我要是知道 就不会 |
[39:09] | to eight meetings this week. | 一周参加八场互助会了 |
[39:11] | Well, you know, I am your friend, so… | 你知道我是你的朋友 所以 |
[39:14] | you could have told me. | 你可以告诉我的 |
[39:17] | You just got your 30-day chip. | 你刚拿到你的30天奖章 |
[39:19] | And helping you would be good for me. | 帮助你对我来说也会是好事 |
[39:23] | Right? | 对吗 |
[39:26] | You’ve always suggested | 你一直建议 |
[39:26] | that I should sometimes be selfish | 事关我的清醒 |
[39:28] | with regards to my sobriety, and yet, here you are | 我有时候该自私点 然而现在 |
[39:30] | with yours at stake, and you choose to be selfless. | 你的清醒有了风险 而你却选择了无私 |
[39:35] | Shame on you. | 太不应该了 |
[39:44] | You got plans tonight? | 你今晚有安排吗 |
[39:47] | I do not. | 没有 |
[39:48] | Well, close this door, I’ll cook us some dinner. | 关上门 我来做晚餐 |
[39:53] | I’ll even use food that occurs in nature. | 我甚至会用天然的食材 |
[39:56] | And that would be helpful to you? | 那会对你有帮助吗 |
[39:59] | Ah, I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[40:01] | I guess we’ll find out. | 试试就知道了 |