时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Previously on Elementary… | 《福尔摩斯: 演绎法》前情回顾 |
[00:02] | So tell me, Father, | 那告诉我 父亲 |
[00:03] | how are you to help me this time? | 你这次要怎么帮我 |
[00:04] | Give your assent, and I will see you restored | 只要你同意 我就会帮你恢复 |
[00:07] | to the employ of the New York Police Department. | 纽约警局的顾问职位 |
[00:10] | Sherlock is gonna accept your help. | 夏洛克会接受你的帮助 |
[00:11] | He wants to go back to the NYPD. I’m gonna go with him. | 他要回纽约警局 我会跟他一起 |
[00:14] | I can’t imagine why you would deliver it as a threat. | 我不懂你怎么说得像在威胁我一样 |
[00:16] | If you’re gonna be a part of Sherlock’s life again, | 如果你要再度参与到夏洛克的生活中 |
[00:19] | I want to make one thing clear. | 有件事我要说清楚 |
[00:21] | I’m not gonna let you hurt him. | 我不会让你伤害他的 |
[00:32] | Are you cooking? | 你是在做饭吗 |
[00:32] | Or did we get stampeded by a class of second graders? | 还是咱们家闯进了一群小学生 |
[00:35] | I’m cooking. For Clyde. | 我在做饭 喂克莱德的 |
[00:38] | I’m formulating a home blend of snacks | 我在弄一种家庭自制小甜品 |
[00:41] | to increase his mineral intake. | 可以增加他的矿物质摄入量 |
[00:46] | I stopped by the station. I ran into Captain Gregson. | 我顺道去了警局 遇见了格雷森警监 |
[00:48] | Did he seem pleased about the Chief of Detectives’ | 他看起来高兴吗 |
[00:50] | sudden reversal regarding our status? | 警长突然对我们改变了看法 |
[00:52] | He did. And as far as I could tell, | 挺高兴的 而且在我看来 |
[00:55] | he didn’t know anything about your father pulling any strings. | 他对你父亲疏通关系的事一无所知 |
[00:58] | Just a higher-up changing his mind. | 以为就是上边改变了想法 |
[01:00] | Well, the captain is a political animal. | 警监挺精于政治的 |
[01:03] | I’m sure he’s used to not looking gift horses in mouths. | 他一定明白有的事顺水推舟就行了 |
[01:07] | So, how much longer are you gonna be in here for? | 那你还准备在这里捣鼓多久 |
[01:08] | Because this housemate needs to eat, too. | 你的这位室友也得吃东西了呢 |
[01:15] | Bike sharing. | 公用自行车 |
[01:17] | I’m gonna make some calls. | 我去打几个电话 |
[01:21] | What about the bowls? | 这些碗怎么办 |
[01:22] | They’ll hose right off. | 用水管冲一下就行了 |
[01:24] | Outside, not in the sink. | 去外边弄 别用水池 |
[01:47] | On your knees! | 跪下 |
[01:50] | It’s all right. Take what you want. | 没问题 东西你随便拿 |
[01:52] | – I won’t interfere. – I said on your knees! | -我不会阻止的 -我说了跪下 |
[01:54] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[01:56] | I’ve been waiting a long time for this. | 我等这一刻很久了 |
[01:59] | Oh, Gott. Sie denken… | [德语]上帝啊 你以为… |
[02:01] | Please, this is all a mistake… | 求你 这是个误解 |
[02:03] | Shut up! | 闭嘴 |
[02:17] | Man. It’s cool. Take what you want! | 老兄 冷静 东西你随便拿 |
[03:04] | Let’s process the suitcase in the guest room as evidence, all right? | 把客房那个公文包列入证物中 好吗 |
[03:06] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[03:12] | Look who they pulled off the bench. | 看看是谁终于不坐冷板凳了 |
[03:15] | You said you had something interesting. | 你说你接了个很有趣的案子 |
[03:18] | Missed you, too. | 我也想念你 |
[03:19] | Two male victims, multiple gunshots to both. | 两名男性受害者 均身中数枪 |
[03:22] | Shooter seems like a pro. | 像是专业枪手犯案 |
[03:23] | Haven’t found any shell casings. | 还没找到任何弹壳 |
[03:25] | And from the position of this head shot, | 而且从受害人头部中枪的位置来看 |
[03:28] | he had this one on his knees, under control. | 他让这位跪下 把他控制住了 |
[03:30] | But not that one. Maybe lost control of him, | 但那人不是 也许是对他失去了控制 |
[03:32] | maybe never had it. | 也许就没控制住他 |
[03:33] | The neighbors see or hear anything? | 邻居有看到或听到什么吗 |
[03:36] | Cleaning lady found ’em in the morning. | 清洁女工今早发现他们的 |
[03:38] | Can I get the I.D.s? Thanks. | 身份证给我好吗 谢谢 |
[03:40] | One of them’s named Timothy Wagner. | 其中一个叫蒂姆西·瓦格纳 |
[03:43] | He’s a bonds broker, 33 years old. | 是个债券经纪人 三十三岁 |
[03:45] | He was the owner of this apartment. | 他是这间公寓的主人 |
[03:47] | Other one’s Otto Neuhaus. | 另一个叫奥托·纽豪斯 |
[03:49] | German citizen. He lived in Hamburg. | 德国公民 他住在汉堡市 |
[03:52] | Looks like he was only in town for a few days. | 看起来他只是来市里住几天 |
[03:56] | They’re identical. | 他俩长得一样 |
[03:59] | Close. But not quite. | 很相似 但不完全一样 |
[04:02] | Well, close enough that we can’t tell which one’s which. | 相似到我们无法分辨出谁是谁 |
[04:04] | Shooter must’ve gone through their pockets | 凶手一定是在行凶之后 |
[04:06] | after he killed them. | 翻过他们的口袋 |
[04:07] | Their I.D.s were out on the floor. | 他们的身份证散落在地上 |
[04:09] | Well, I’m gonna give you the benefit of the doubt | 我姑且假定 |
[04:10] | and say that you just didn’t look closely yet. | 你只是还没仔细查看 |
[04:14] | This man and only this man reeks of | 只有这个男人的身上散发出了一股 |
[04:15] | a German brand of cigarette called Oberste. | 德国牌香烟奥芭士的味道 |
[04:19] | There are no indicators that | 没有任何迹象表明 |
[04:20] | the occupant of this apartment smoked. | 这间公寓的主人吸烟 |
[04:22] | Ashtrays, lighters, odors in the upholstery. | 没烟灰缸 没打火机 家具表面没异味 |
[04:24] | This is Neuhaus. | 这位是纽豪斯 |
[04:26] | His hair has been freshly cut and dyed. | 他的头发刚剪过 并且染色了 |
[04:29] | His glasses… | 他的眼镜 |
[04:31] | have no prescription. | 没有度数 |
[04:34] | He’s even used subtle contouring makeup | 他甚至还做了些细微的轮廓化妆 |
[04:36] | to narrow the appearance of his nose. | 让他的鼻子显得更小一些 |
[04:38] | All of this to make him look more like Mr. Wagner | 这都是为了让本来就相似的他 |
[04:40] | than he already did. | 更像瓦格纳先生 |
[04:42] | Why he did any of this and what relation it has, | 他为何要这么做 以及这跟他 |
[04:44] | if any, to his murder or that of Mr. Wagner’s | 或瓦格纳先生的被杀是否有联系 有何联系 |
[04:47] | remains to be seen. | 尚且不得而知 |
[04:48] | We’ve already reached out to the next of kin to I.D. The bodies. | 我们已经通知亲属来确认尸体了 |
[04:51] | I’m confident they’ll confirm what I just said. | 我有信心他们会证实我的说法 |
[04:53] | Not betting against you but we still have to go through the process. | 不是不信你 但我们还是得走程序 |
[04:57] | It’ll take some time for Neuhaus’ family to fly in from Hamburg, | 纽豪斯的家人从汉堡市飞来需要一段时间 |
[05:00] | but Wagner’s father is meeting us at the morgue. | 但瓦格纳的父亲会与我们在停尸房见 |
[05:02] | I’ll go with you. Maybe he’ll have some idea | 我和你一起去 没准他会知道 |
[05:04] | what happened here. | 这是怎么回事 |
[05:07] | Any of you ever had to do this? | 你们有做过这种事吗 |
[05:10] | Identify a loved one? | 辨认所爱之人的尸体 |
[05:12] | No, we haven’t. | 我们没有过 |
[05:14] | I can’t even think straight. | 我都没法理清思绪了 |
[05:19] | I can’t tell the difference. | 我看不出差别 |
[05:24] | Tim had a birthmark. | 蒂姆有个胎记 |
[05:27] | On his right side. | 在右边 |
[05:55] | Mr. Wagner, had you heard of Otto Neuhaus before today? | 瓦格纳先生 您以前听说过奥托·纽豪斯吗 |
[06:00] | No. | 没有 |
[06:02] | Do you have any idea how he and your son | 您知不知道他和您儿子 |
[06:03] | might have known each other? | 是怎么认识的 |
[06:06] | Tim and I hadn’t been close for a while. | 蒂姆跟我已经有一阵子不太往来了 |
[06:10] | I don’t think I’d seen him in a year. | 我应该已经有一年没见过他了 |
[06:13] | We’re gonna collect DNA samples from both Tim | 我们会提取蒂姆和奥托的DNA样本 |
[06:15] | and Otto to compare for family markers, but… | 做家族对比 不过… |
[06:18] | maybe you can give us a head start. | 也许您能先给我们些线索 |
[06:20] | To your knowledge, is there any chance they were related? | 你觉得他俩有可能是亲戚吗 |
[06:23] | Maybe one of them found the other because of that. | 也许他们就是因为这个找到了彼此 |
[06:26] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[06:27] | I can’t even tell you that. | 我没法告诉你们 |
[06:31] | Tim was adopted. | 蒂姆是被收养的 |
[06:37] | …and follow up with Prince Olaf’s office. | 跟进一下奥拉夫王子的办公室 |
[06:39] | Make sure he received the gift I sent him. | 确保他收到了我送的礼物 |
[06:43] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:47] | Was I expecting you? | 我们约好了吗 |
[06:49] | Not to my knowledge. But I can’t rule out | 我觉得没有 但我不排除 |
[06:50] | your having foreseen it via the black arts. | 你已经用黑魔法预见到了我会来的可能 |
[06:53] | Is there a problem? | 有什么事吗 |
[06:57] | You’re still here. | 你还在这里 |
[06:59] | It’s my office. | 这是我的办公室 |
[07:00] | I’m talking about New York. | 我是说纽约 |
[07:02] | The photograph in this paper. | 这张报纸里的照片 |
[07:04] | In it you can see | 从中可以看到 |
[07:05] | La Bonne Pause, | 堕落时光 |
[07:07] | a restaurant known for its patio seating. | 一家以露台座位闻名的餐厅 |
[07:09] | Ordinarily at the time this photograph was taken, | 通常在这张照片拍摄的时间 |
[07:10] | that patio would be packed. Here, it’s deserted. | 露台应该是满的 但在这照片里没人 |
[07:14] | La Bonne Pause is one of your preferred venues for business meals, | 堕落时光是你在办公事时爱去的餐厅之一 |
[07:17] | and when that business is of a sensitive nature, | 当你要办的公事很敏感时 |
[07:19] | you buy it out for privacy. | 你会把它包下来以保护隐私 |
[07:21] | I’m unclear as to why my lingering here | 我不明白我逗留在这里 |
[07:24] | is so troubling for you. | 为什么会对你造成困扰 |
[07:27] | You came here because you felt compelled to offer me your help. | 你来这里是因为你觉得你必须帮我 |
[07:29] | I did you the courtesy of accepting that help. | 我很礼貌地接受了你的帮助 |
[07:33] | You did that as a courtesy. | 原来你是出于礼貌啊 |
[07:35] | I was under the impression it was important to you. | 你让我感觉那对你很重要 |
[07:38] | Not to say I’m ungrateful. | 并不是说我不感激 |
[07:41] | Are you waiting for the magic words before you disappear? | 你是在等那句能让你消失的咒语吗 |
[07:44] | Because thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:47] | The work that I do requires my complete mental faculty. | 我的工作需要我的大脑完全投入 |
[07:49] | Your presence here is an irritant. | 而你的存在是个刺激 |
[07:51] | It’s a burr in my cognitive fabric. | 它会影响我的感知能力 |
[07:54] | I had assumed that, as with similar occasions in the past, | 根据我以往的经验 |
[07:57] | you would take the completion of our transaction | 在你的交易完成之后 |
[07:59] | as your cue to be on your way. | 你马上就会离开 |
[08:01] | If you must know, I am still in New York | 如果你必须要知道的话 我还在纽约 |
[08:04] | because I’m working on a project. | 是因为我正在忙一个项目 |
[08:07] | Something of a puzzle– it may take some time to solve. | 是个难题 可能要花一些时间 |
[08:10] | And when it’s done, I’ll move on. | 事成之后我就会走 |
[08:13] | Well, perhaps I can be of assistance. | 也许我可以帮你 |
[08:15] | Quite good with puzzles. | 我很擅长解难题 |
[08:17] | You’ve known that longer than anyone. | 这点你比谁都了解 |
[08:20] | You’ll get the benefit of my help, | 你能得到我的帮助 |
[08:21] | and I’ll get a father-free New York. | 而我能得到一个没有父亲的纽约 |
[08:25] | A win for both of us. | 这是双赢 |
[08:31] | Watson. | 华生 |
[08:34] | Everything settled with your father? | 你父亲的事都解决了吗 |
[08:35] | It will be. I’m gonna do some work for him. | 会解决的 我要帮他做些事 |
[08:37] | So I came as soon as I got your text. Detective Bell? | 收到你的短信我就来了 贝尔警探呢 |
[08:40] | Bedroom. | 在卧室 |
[08:41] | All right. | 好吧 |
[08:42] | And this apartment pertains to our doppel-homicide how? | 这间公寓跟我们的双尸谋杀案有关吗 |
[08:46] | The DNA test results came back for Tim Wagner and Otto Neuhaus. | 蒂姆和奥托的DNA检验结果出来了 |
[08:49] | They definitely were not related. | 他们绝对不是亲戚 |
[08:50] | But Tim or someone who looked like Tim | 但蒂姆或是一个长得像蒂姆的人 |
[08:52] | withdrew a $100,000 cashier’s check from his bank account last week. | 上周从他的银行账户兑现了十万美元的支票 |
[08:56] | As far as we know, that money is gone. | 据我们所知 那些钱已经不见了 |
[08:57] | Now, I looked at both victims’ phones, | 我查了两名受害者的手机 |
[08:59] | and there’s only one number that appears on both call logs. | 只有一个号码在两部手机里都出现过 |
[09:01] | It belongs to a paralegal named Dorian… | 是个律师助理 名叫多瑞安… |
[09:04] | Dorian Moll. And this is his apartment. | 多瑞安·摩尔 这就是他的公寓 |
[09:06] | I saw the name on the mailbox downstairs. | 我在楼下的邮箱上看到了名字 |
[09:09] | So, two dead look-alikes, | 两具长得一样的尸体 |
[09:11] | $100,000 in missing cash, | 失踪的十万块现金 |
[09:12] | and the individual who was in touch with both | 还有一个跟他们两人都有联系 |
[09:13] | and seems to have gone to ground. | 但已经销声匿迹的人 |
[09:15] | Clothing gone from the closet. | 柜子里的衣服没了 |
[09:16] | Computer cables but no laptop. | 有电源线但没有电脑 |
[09:18] | Cell phone left behind with its SIM card broken. | 手机还在 但手机卡被破坏了 |
[09:22] | The two of you are considering the possibility | 你俩觉得他有可能 |
[09:23] | he was involved in an identity scam? | 跟身份诈骗有关吗 |
[09:25] | Honestly, we don’t know what he was involved in. | 说实话 我们不知道他到底卷进了什么事 |
[09:28] | Something back there you should see. | 这边有些东西你们得看看 |
[09:35] | Could be some kind of organized con operation, | 可能是某种有组织的犯罪行为 |
[09:39] | maybe some kinky sex… thing. | 也许是某种古怪的性交易 |
[09:43] | Whatever it was, it was obviously bigger | 不管这是什么 都显然不止 |
[09:45] | than just Tim Wagner and Otto Neuhaus. | 与蒂姆·瓦格纳和奥托·纽豪斯有关 |
[09:49] | CSU’s sending an A-Run to collect what’s up there. | 鉴证组正派人来收集证物 |
[09:52] | The unis will hang back for them. | 这里的警员会先等他们来 |
[09:55] | Will do. | 好 |
[09:58] | That was the captain. | 是警监打来的 |
[09:59] | He got the search results for Dorian Moll. No priors. | 他拿到多瑞安的调查结果了 没有前科 |
[10:02] | His last known address was his parents’ house in Forest Hills. | 上一个已知地址是他父母在林山的房子 |
[10:05] | Worth a visit, right? | 值得一去 不是吗 |
[10:06] | Even if he’s not there, | 就算他不在那里 |
[10:07] | they might know some friends we can talk to. | 也许他父母也能认识了解情况的朋友 |
[10:10] | This is the, uh, apartment next to the one we were just at. | 这是不是我们刚才待的房间旁边那间 |
[10:12] | This is 2-D, yes? | 这是2D号 对吧 |
[10:14] | Sounds right. | 应该是 |
[10:19] | So, I noticed in the lobby the mail was gathering | 我刚才在大厅注意到2D的邮箱 |
[10:21] | for Apartment 2-D. | 堆满了邮件 |
[10:23] | There’s also delivery menus piling up outside the front door. | 而且门前的外卖菜单也堆积如山了 |
[10:26] | Well, if that person’s been away that long, | 如果房主离开了那么久 |
[10:27] | they probably didn’t leave the AC on. | 应该不会让空调一直开着 |
[10:30] | The apartment shares a fire escape | 这个房间和多瑞安·摩尔的房间 |
[10:31] | with Dorian Moll’s. | 共用一个逃生通道 |
[10:32] | If he’s looking for a place to hide | 如果他想找个地方躲藏 |
[10:34] | and he knows his neighbor’s out of town… | 还知道他的邻居出门了 那… |
[10:37] | Hey, guys, knock on 2D. | 伙计们 去敲下2D的门 |
[10:40] | And stay sharp. | 保持警惕 |
[10:41] | We think Moll might be in there. | 我们觉得摩尔可能在里面 |
[10:48] | Back away. | 后退 |
[10:56] | Dorian Moll. Police. Don’t move. | 多瑞安·摩尔 警察 不许动 |
[10:59] | Do us all a favor– keep your hands where I can see ’em. | 配合点 把手放在我能看见的地方 |
[11:08] | All right, turn around. | 好了 转过来 |
[11:15] | There’s a look. | 化得真美 |
[11:17] | I had to do this. | 我必须这么做 |
[11:19] | It confuses facial recognition software. | 这能让那些面部识别软件认不出我 |
[11:21] | Computers can’t identify your face | 如果电脑识别不出这是张脸 |
[11:23] | if they can’t tell it’s a face. | 就无法鉴别你的脸了 |
[11:24] | You think someone’s pursuing you using facial recognition software. | 你觉得有人在通过面部识别软件追踪你 |
[11:27] | Not someone. Some company. | 不是有人 是有公司 |
[11:31] | They’re trying to kill me. | 他们想杀了我 |
[11:38] | I’m sorry I tried to run, okay? It’s just… | 抱歉我刚才想逃跑 只是… |
[11:41] | I don’t know how deep this thing goes. | 我不知道这事水有多深 |
[11:43] | “This thing” being a disagreement you’re in | “这事”是在否认 |
[11:45] | with a company that makes facial recognition software? | 你和一家做面部识别软件的公司有关联吗 |
[11:48] | Countenance Technologies. | 面容科技公司 |
[11:49] | They’re the ones who are after me. | 就是他们在追踪我 |
[11:51] | And they are so all-seeing | 而他们的视线遍及各处 |
[11:52] | that you felt the need to adopt the guise | 以至于你觉得有必要伪装成小丑 |
[11:54] | of a clown from the future. | 来躲避他们的视线 |
[11:56] | Look, F.R. is everywhere. | 面部识别软件到处都是 |
[11:57] | Businesses I.D. you the second you walk in. | 商场能在你推门而进的瞬间辨别你的身份 |
[11:59] | Billboards can pick which ads to show you. | 广告牌会展示你喜欢的广告 |
[12:01] | Churches use it to track attendance. | 教堂甚至用这个来记录教徒出勤率 |
[12:04] | Yeah, Jesus saves your data. | 没错 主会拯救[/储存]你的记录 |
[12:06] | How about we take things a little bit slower? | 不如我们放慢点速度吧 |
[12:10] | Now, good news is, you don’t strike us as a cold-blooded killer, | 好消息是 我们没觉得你是个冷血杀手 |
[12:14] | but with two guys dead, the way you tried to run, and all this? | 但有两个人死了 而你试图逃跑 还有这些 |
[12:17] | You get why we’re trying to understand what’s going on. | 你能理解我们为什么想了解事情原委吧 |
[12:21] | Last year I created a site | 去年我创建了一个网站 |
[12:22] | called DoppelHunt.Com. | 叫”寻找撞脸” |
[12:24] | I help people find people that looked like them. | 我帮大家找和他们长得像的人 |
[12:27] | Why? | 为什么 |
[12:27] | People all over the world | 全世界的人每时每刻 |
[12:28] | are putting pics of themselves online every day. | 都在把自己的照片上传到网上 |
[12:30] | The technology’s gotten so good you really can | 现在技术超级发达 你完全可以找到 |
[12:32] | find your own twin. | 和自己一模一样的人 |
[12:33] | Remind me– is that how Peter did it on The Brady Bunch? | 这跟彼得在《脱线家族》里做的一样吗 |
[12:37] | Behold, an infinity mirror | 看看 给千年不遇的自恋狂的 |
[12:40] | of millennial narcissism. | 无穷无尽的镜子 |
[12:43] | He seeks fame by promising others they’ll get to look at themselves. | 他通过帮别人寻找一模一样的脸来获得关注 |
[12:48] | So it says on your site here that you take volunteers. | 这网站上说大家都是志愿来寻找的 |
[12:50] | Is that how Tim and Otto got involved? | 蒂姆和奥托就是这么牵扯到一起的吗 |
[12:52] | Yeah, Tim contacted me first | 对 蒂姆先联系我 |
[12:54] | and we used his picture to find Otto. | 然后我们用他的照片找到了奥托 |
[12:56] | And this company you’re worried about– Countenance– | 这个你担忧的公司 面容科技公司 |
[12:58] | they provide the, what, search program? | 是他们提供了搜索程序吗 |
[13:02] | I wouldn’t say “Provide”. | 不能说提供 |
[13:04] | I-I came across a copy and modded it | 我发现了一个副本然后修改了下 |
[13:06] | to hunt for lookalikes, | 靠它来寻找相似面孔 |
[13:08] | and then I took some shots at Countenance on the site. | 然后我拿了些他们放在网上的照片 |
[13:10] | When I’d find a match I’d upload the photos | 当我发现有匹配的对象 就会上传照片 |
[13:12] | and prove how good the match was | 然后展示照片能骗过他们的原始软件 |
[13:14] | by showing that it could fool their original software. | 以此证明这些匹配有多天衣无缝 |
[13:17] | Even it would confuse one twin for the other. | 就连双胞胎都没法相互分清 |
[13:19] | So first you steal their software | 所以你先盗用了他们的软件 |
[13:21] | and then you embarrass them with it. | 然后又反过来用它来羞辱他们 |
[13:23] | Stick it to the man, right? | 男人就得坚强点嘛 对吧 |
[13:25] | Countenance sent me a cease and desist letter, | 面容科技给我发了警告信 |
[13:26] | I posted that on the site | 我贴在了网站上 |
[13:27] | and that’s when I really started to get hits. | 然后我就真正开始成为网红了 |
[13:30] | Okay. Well, I get why they’d be angry with you, | 好吧 我知道他们为什么那么恼火了 |
[13:32] | but not enough to commit murder. | 但这并不足以构成杀人动机 |
[13:35] | Couple of weeks ago I’m walking home from the train | 几周前 我下了车走回家时 |
[13:37] | and someone tried to mug me. | 有人试图抢劫我 |
[13:39] | He had on a mask, he shoved me into a stairwell | 他戴了面具 把我推到楼梯间 |
[13:41] | and pulled out a knife. I kicked at him and got away. | 掏出了刀子 我踹开他然后逃跑了 |
[13:44] | Did you file a police report? | 你有报警吗 |
[13:45] | I never saw his face, so I figured what’s the point? | 我都没看见他的脸 就觉得报警有什么意义 |
[13:47] | Then I heard that Tim and Otto were dead, | 之后我听说蒂姆和奥托死了 |
[13:49] | and I remembered. | 我这才想起来 |
[13:51] | The guy who jumped me | 袭击我的人 |
[13:52] | …he never asked for my wallet. | 他从没说要抢钱 |
[13:54] | Why? Because it wasn’t a mugging. | 为什么 因为根本就不是抢劫 |
[13:56] | It was an assassination attempt. | 而是暗杀未遂 |
[14:01] | Countenance never tried to sue me. | 面容科技从没打算起诉我 |
[14:03] | That would’ve made it more public, | 起诉会让一切公开 |
[14:03] | and they just wanted it to end. | 他们只想了结这件事 |
[14:05] | F.R. is a billion-dollar business and I proved | 面部识别软件是价值上亿美元的技术 |
[14:07] | that their software’s flawed. | 而我却证明了他们的软件有缺陷 |
[14:09] | Tell me that’s not a motive for murder. | 这难道不算杀人动机吗 |
[14:17] | So that was Marcus. | 刚才是马库斯打来的 |
[14:19] | The $100,000 check turned up. | 找到了那张10万美元的支票 |
[14:22] | Do tell. | 继续说 |
[14:22] | Otto had mailed it to himself back in Germany, | 奥托在德国的时候把支票寄给了自己 |
[14:25] | probably to avoid carrying it through customs. | 可能是为了避免过海关的时候被查出来 |
[14:27] | We still don’t know whether he stole it | 我们还不知道是他偷的 |
[14:28] | or Tim gave it to him. | 还是蒂姆给他的 |
[14:32] | I see Clyde likes the food you made him. | 看来克莱德很喜欢你给他做的吃的 |
[14:34] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[14:34] | Or he just appreciates his dinner date | 还是他只是感激你为了跟他一起吃晚饭 |
[14:36] | going the extra mile. | 穿得这么正式 |
[14:37] | Close, but wrong cold-blooded reptile. | 差不多 但不是跟这只冷血动物 |
[14:39] | My dinner date is my father. | 是跟我父亲 |
[14:41] | I can understand you confusing him with Clyde. | 我能理解你把他跟克莱德搞混了 |
[14:43] | They could be doppelgangers. | 他们俩可能是二重身 |
[14:44] | A car will be here for me shortly. | 很快就有车来接我 |
[14:46] | I’m meeting him at a formal charity function. | 我们要参加一个正式的慈善大会 |
[14:48] | Malaria research or something. He wasn’t sure. | 关于疟疾研究什么的 他也不确定 |
[14:51] | Anyway, the point is to sup with her. | 总之 关键是要跟她吃个饭 |
[14:54] | Donya Esfandiari. | 唐娅·埃斯凡迪亚里 |
[14:56] | One of the richest hoteliers in the world. | 全世界最有钱的旅馆经营者之一 |
[14:58] | She’s currently building a resort | 她现在正在哥斯达黎加的 |
[14:59] | on the Pacific coast of Costa Rica. | 太平洋海岸建造度假酒店 |
[15:02] | Simultaneously, as it happens, | 与此同时 |
[15:04] | the global energy firm for which Father consults | 我父亲担任顾问的那家全球能源公司 |
[15:06] | wishes to erect a wind farm nearby. | 想要在附近建一座风力发电厂 |
[15:09] | Mrs. Esfandiari has won an injunction against the wind farm, | 埃斯凡迪亚里女士赢得了对发电厂的禁止令 |
[15:12] | asserting that it would impair her view. | 理由是那会影响到酒店的风景 |
[15:14] | Now, Father thinks she’s willing to drop it | 我父亲认为只要给她合适的好处 |
[15:16] | given the right favors in return. | 她就会放弃那张禁令 |
[15:23] | Well, between everything you told me and meeting him myself, | 鉴于你跟我说的以及我跟他的会面 |
[15:26] | I just, you know, imagined him doing heavier stuff. | 我还以为 他干的都是更大的事呢 |
[15:29] | Seems a little, I don’t know… frivolous. | 这事看上去 有点太小了 |
[15:32] | Father’s work is anything but frivolous, I assure you. | 我保证 父亲的工作绝对不是小事 |
[15:35] | Thanks to him, this energy firm and other clients like them | 多亏了他 这家能源公司以及其他类似客户 |
[15:38] | have literally brought light to lands that were dark and, | 才给以前不通电的地方带去了光明 |
[15:40] | Just as often, rained darkness where once there was light. | 就像通常他们给光明的地方带去黑暗一样 |
[15:43] | Father doesn’t distinguish. | 父亲不会去分辨的 |
[15:45] | Perhaps you need sanctions eased against a rogue nation | 为了卖坦克 你可能需要先解除 |
[15:48] | so that you can sell them your tanks | 某个恶劣国家的制裁 |
[15:49] | or your factories can only spew toxins | 或者你的公司只有在到美国政府 |
[15:52] | if the U.S. doesn’t sign an emissions treaty. | 不签订排放条约时才能排放有害物质 |
[15:54] | Father can make it so, | 父亲能做到这些事 |
[15:56] | with the moral neutrality of the plague. | 用他那灾难的道德中立理论 |
[15:58] | Now that sounds more like the guy I met. | 这听起来才像我见的那个人 |
[16:00] | So if what he does is so evil, then… | 那如果他做的事这么邪恶… |
[16:03] | Not evil. Neutral. Like a shark or tsunami. | 不是邪恶 是中立 就像鲨鱼或者海啸 |
[16:06] | Fine, distasteful. | 好吧 就算是令人厌恶的吧 |
[16:07] | Then why are you spending time with him? | 那你为什么还要去跟他吃饭呢 |
[16:09] | So that, ironically, I can spend less. | 讽刺的是 这样我才能跟他少待在一起 |
[16:11] | As soon as he closes this negotiation, he will be gone. | 一旦他完成这次谈判 他就会走了 |
[16:15] | I’m to be another pair of eyes this evening. | 我今天晚上的任务是观察 |
[16:17] | I’m to watch Mrs. Esfandiari– observe her breathing, | 我要在埃斯凡迪亚里女士跟父亲谈话时 |
[16:19] | blink rate and other nonverbals– | 观察她的呼吸 眨眼频率 |
[16:21] | while she and Father talk. | 以及她的其他动作 |
[16:23] | Unfortunately, it means you and Detective Bell | 不幸的是 你和贝尔警探 |
[16:26] | will have to visit Countenance Technologies without me. | 要自己去面容技术公司了 |
[16:30] | Wait, what? | 等等 什么 |
[16:33] | Countenance Technologies? | 面容技术公司 |
[16:35] | That’s the company that Dorian Moll stole that software from. | 多瑞安·摩尔就是从那家公司偷的软件 |
[16:37] | I thought you said that his story sounded paranoid. | 你不是说他有点多疑吗 |
[16:40] | I admit I initially thought his tale was far-fetched. | 我承认我一开始认为他的话不怎么可信 |
[16:43] | But I looked into Countenance all the same. | 但我仍然调查了一下面容技术公司 |
[16:45] | To my surprise, | 令我意外的是 |
[16:47] | there may be merit to Dorian’s belief | 多瑞安认为那家公司在追杀他 |
[16:49] | that the company was coming for him after all. | 这想法可能是对的 |
[17:00] | Remind me to untag every picture ever posted of me online. | 提醒我把网上所有圈出我的照片都取消标注 |
[17:06] | Detective Bell. | 贝尔警探 |
[17:07] | Ms. Watson. | 华生女士 |
[17:09] | I’m Curtis Tofano. You wanted to talk to me? | 我是柯蒂斯·托芬诺 你们想找我吗 |
[17:12] | Mr. Tofano, there was a double-homicide | 托芬诺先生 前天晚上在特里贝克地区 |
[17:14] | in Tribeca the night before last. | 发生了一起双重谋杀案 |
[17:15] | Two men who looked a lot alike. | 死者是两个长得很像的人 |
[17:16] | It made the news. Maybe you saw it? | 新闻报道过 也许你看过 |
[17:18] | Sorry. | 抱歉 没有 |
[17:20] | Do you know someone named Dorian Moll | 你认识一个叫多瑞安·摩尔的人吗 |
[17:21] | or have you ever heard of DoppleHunt.Com? | 或者你听说过寻找撞脸这个网站吗 |
[17:25] | Unfortunately, yeah. | 很不幸 我知道 |
[17:27] | The two murder victims met on his Web site. | 这两名死者就是在这个网站上认识的 |
[17:30] | We know that your company was pretty upset | 我们知道你们公司对他的行为 |
[17:31] | about what he was doing. | 非常生气 |
[17:32] | – Wait a second, you’re not suggesting that some… – No, I know. | -等等 你们不会认为 -不 我知道 |
[17:34] | even we didn’t think you could’ve cared that much, | 我们之前也觉得你应该不会太过在意 |
[17:37] | but then a colleague of our noticed this. | 但后来我们的一个同事注意到了这个 |
[17:41] | That’s you, right? | 这人是你 对吧 |
[17:43] | You participated in a DoppelHunt, | 你也在寻找撞脸网站注册了 |
[17:45] | and you gave Dorian a fake name when you did. | 而且还用了假名字 |
[17:48] | So obviously you cared enough to check him out. | 所以显然你很在意 甚至想调查他 |
[17:51] | So can you account for your whereabouts | 你能说一下前天晚上 |
[17:53] | two nights ago from 8:00 P.M. on? | 八点以后你在哪里吗 |
[17:56] | Can we talk about this in my office? | 能去我办公室谈吗 |
[17:59] | First of all, I was in Cooperstown all week. | 首先 我这一周都在库珀斯敦 |
[18:01] | I just got back last night. | 昨晚刚回来 |
[18:03] | Cooperstown… as in the Baseball Hall of Fame? | 库珀斯敦 是棒球名人堂所在地吗 |
[18:05] | I went to college nearby. | 我在那附近上的大学 |
[18:06] | I go up every year for induction. | 每年都会去参加入学典礼 |
[18:08] | About 100 people saw me. | 大约有100人看到了我 |
[18:10] | I was probably even on TV. | 我说不定还上电视了 |
[18:11] | Okay. Assuming that checks out, | 好吧 假设你的行踪已核实 |
[18:14] | let’s talk about Dorian Moll. | 接下来谈谈多瑞安·摩尔吧 |
[18:16] | The company sent you to get intel on his site… | 公司派你混入他的网站 |
[18:18] | maybe they were willing to go further? | 也许他们想采取进一步行动 |
[18:20] | You’ve got it all wrong. | 你们完全想错了 |
[18:21] | Nobody here was involved in any murders. | 这里没人被卷进了任何谋杀案 |
[18:25] | You’re right that my bosses asked me | 没错 我老板的确让我 |
[18:26] | to perform a little corporate espionage. | 去扮演了企业间谍 |
[18:29] | Dorian had found a flaw in our program. | 多瑞安发现了我们程序的一个漏洞 |
[18:33] | He proved it could be fooled. | 他证明了程序可被骗过 |
[18:34] | We needed to find out what he was up to so we could adapt. | 我们需要知道他有什么企图 好做改进 |
[18:37] | So you expressing interest in a DoppelHunt was just a cover. | 所以你在撞脸网上表现出兴趣只是幌子 |
[18:40] | It was a way for me to get into Dorian’s apartment | 那是个借口 好让我能去多瑞安公寓 |
[18:42] | and onto his Wi-Fi. He stole from us. | 登上他的无线 他先阴我们的 |
[18:45] | So we stole back. | 所以我们阴回去了 |
[18:46] | What exactly did you take? | 你具体拿了什么 |
[18:48] | I downloaded all of his code | 我下载了他的所有代码 |
[18:50] | and gave it to our guys to analyze. | 然后给了我们的人去分析 |
[18:52] | They’re fine-tuning our algorithms as we speak. | 我们说话的这会他们正在仔细调校程序呢 |
[18:55] | At the end of the day, | 所以到最后 |
[18:57] | Dorian forced us to make a better product. | 其实是多瑞安促使我们做出了更完善的产品 |
[19:00] | That’s it. | 就是这样 |
[19:02] | And your bosses are gonna tell it the same way? | 你的老板也会这么说吗 |
[19:06] | I can walk you up the hall right now | 我现在就可以带你们去大厅 |
[19:08] | and you can talk to whoever you like. | 你们想问谁都行 |
[19:12] | Well, it certainly can’t hurt to have the local | 让地方权力机构欠你点人情 |
[19:14] | power station in your debt, Donya. | 当然不会有害处 唐娅 |
[19:16] | It would be an easy thing to arrange a substantial discount. | 安排点实质性的优惠应该挺容易的 |
[19:20] | Tell me, Morland, | 告诉我 莫兰德 |
[19:22] | do you still have friends at the Panama Canal Authority? | 巴拿马运河管理局那边你还有关系吗 |
[19:25] | I count the chair among them. | 有几个关系不错 |
[19:27] | I will, of course, be importing | 当然 我要进口一些 |
[19:30] | Italian marble, French wines… | 意大利大理石 法国红酒 |
[19:33] | The list is endless. | 清单还没列完 |
[19:36] | Consider your shipments expedited. | 就当你的货已经发出了吧 |
[19:43] | But we have to continue after the presentations. | 但咱们得稍后再叙了 |
[19:46] | Excuse me. | 失陪 |
[19:53] | Well, she’s hiding something. | 她有事瞒着你 |
[19:55] | I’m aware. | 我知道 |
[19:56] | Ordinarily, when she smiles, it’s broad and genuine. | 通常她笑的时候都很开心很真诚 |
[19:59] | Her crow’s-feet support this. | 她的鱼尾纹可以证明 |
[20:00] | Tonight, every time she smiled, it’s been strained. | 但是今晚 每次她笑的时候 都在压抑 |
[20:04] | This shouldn’t be as difficult as it is. | 应该没这么困难 |
[20:07] | She’s expressed a willingness to compromise, | 她表达出了妥协的意思 |
[20:09] | and the concern about the view from her hotel is obviously a feint. | 担心酒店风景不好明显是个幌子 |
[20:14] | For whatever reason, she can’t simply say what she wants. | 不管什么原因 她不能明说她的目的 |
[20:20] | Not drinking? | 你不喝酒吗 |
[20:23] | I was under the impression that I shouldn’t. | 有人让我觉得我不该喝酒 |
[20:26] | At least not in your presence. | 至少不能在你面前喝 |
[20:28] | Well, as long as you don’t take your wine intravenously, | 你只要不把酒拿来静脉注射 |
[20:29] | I should be okay. | 我应该就没事 |
[20:34] | Has it struck you that this will be the first meal | 你有想到这将是我们十几年来 |
[20:36] | we’ve had together in decades? | 第一次共进晚餐吗 |
[20:38] | Well, you went out of your way to make that so. | 毕竟是你费尽心力促成的 |
[20:41] | Playing the victim doesn’t suit you, Sherlock. | 扮演受害者不适合你 夏洛克 |
[20:48] | Well, she’s comfortable now. | 她现在自在多了 |
[20:54] | We’re leaving. | 我们走吧 |
[21:00] | You’ve grown tempestuous in your old age. | 你越老越激动了 |
[21:03] | Or is that you’ve bedded the widow Esfandiari? | 还是你睡了那个寡妇埃斯凡迪亚里 |
[21:05] | I have not. | 我没有 |
[21:07] | This is not a tantrum you’re witnessing, | 你看到的不是我在使小性子 |
[21:09] | it’s clarity. | 是我看透了 |
[21:11] | You were right. | 你说得对 |
[21:12] | Donya did seem quite comfortable speaking with that man, | 唐娅看起来确实和那男人相谈甚欢 |
[21:15] | as if they were close friends, wouldn’t you say? | 就像亲密的朋友 不是吗 |
[21:19] | And this holds special meaning to you because…? | 这对你来说有特殊意义是因为 |
[21:21] | His brother-in-law is the president of Panama. | 他的小舅子是巴拿马总统 |
[21:24] | It’s safe to say that he has contact with the Canal Authority. | 可以放心地说他在运河管理局有关系 |
[21:27] | So she’s asking for things she doesn’t need. | 所以她在找你要她并不需要的东西 |
[21:29] | She’s stringing me along. | 她在耍我 |
[21:31] | She has no intention of ever dropping the injunction. | 她根本没打算放弃禁令 |
[21:33] | I need to find out why. | 我要知道为什么 |
[21:38] | I’m sorry we didn’t make more headway tonight. | 很抱歉今晚我们没有更多进展 |
[21:40] | I’m afraid you’ll have to tolerate | 恐怕你要忍受 |
[21:41] | my presence in your city a bit longer. | 我在你的城市待久一点了 |
[21:48] | Watson, how went your meeting at Countenance Technologies? | 华生 你在面容科技公司的面谈怎样 |
[21:51] | The guy whose photo you found, Curtis Tofano, | 你发现照片的那个人 柯蒂斯·托芬诺 |
[21:53] | he did do some spying on Dorian, | 他确实跟踪过多瑞安 |
[21:55] | but it doesn’t look like the company had anyone killed. | 但这公司不像下令杀过人 |
[21:57] | Well, that’s unfortunate. | 好吧 真不走运 |
[21:59] | Yeah, listen, I’m calling because the captain | 听着 我打给你是因为 |
[22:00] | asked us to come down to the station. | 警监让我们来局里 |
[22:02] | Some guy named Evan Farrow came in a little while ago, | 刚有个叫埃文·法罗的人来了 |
[22:05] | said he might have some information | 说他对瓦格纳和纽豪斯被杀的原因 |
[22:06] | about why Wagner and Neuhaus were killed. | 可能有点线索 |
[22:08] | “Might” have “some” information. | “可能”有”点”线索 |
[22:10] | That doesn’t sound like it warrants a trip across town. | 听起来没必要去局里跑一趟 |
[22:17] | Trust me, I think we’re going to want to hear | 相信我 我觉得我们会想听听 |
[22:19] | what he has to say. | 他有什么说的 |
[22:21] | He looks just like the victims. | 他长得和两名受害者一模一样 |
[22:28] | A few weeks ago, I got an e-mail from this Web site, DoppelHunt.Com. | 几周前 我收到一封寻找撞脸网的邮件 |
[22:33] | They sent me pictures of a guy who looks enough like me | 他们给我发了一个人的照片 跟我像得 |
[22:34] | to be my twin… Tim Wagner. | 都能算双胞胎了 叫蒂姆·瓦格纳 |
[22:37] | The site put us in touch with each other. | 网站让我们联系上了对方 |
[22:39] | At first we Skyped | 我们先是视频 |
[22:40] | and it was fun. | 那很有趣 |
[22:42] | We both thought the whole thing was pretty crazy. | 我们都觉得这整件事太疯狂了 |
[22:45] | Then Tim suggested that we get together. | 然后蒂姆提出我们可以见一面 |
[22:50] | When we did, he admitted to me | 我们见面后 他向我承认 |
[22:52] | that he wanted my help with something. | 他想要我帮个忙 |
[22:55] | He offered me ten grand to go to a lab, | 他给我一万块 让我去某个实验室 |
[22:58] | tell them I was him, | 告诉别人我就是他 |
[22:59] | show them his driver’s license, | 给他们看他的驾照 |
[23:01] | take some DNA test. | 然后做DNA鉴定 |
[23:03] | Did he say what the test was for? | 他有说为什么要做鉴定吗 |
[23:06] | I figured it was a paternity thing. | 我觉得是亲子鉴定吧 |
[23:08] | When I asked him, he said he wouldn’t tell me anything more | 我问他原因 他说除非我同意去做 |
[23:12] | until I said I was on board. | 他才会给我透漏更多信息 |
[23:13] | Obviously you turned him down. | 显然你拒绝了他 |
[23:15] | I told him I didn’t want any part of it. | 我告诉他我不想和这事扯上任何关系 |
[23:17] | And that was the last time we talked. | 那是我们最后一次对话 |
[23:20] | But then I saw on the news that he and… | 然后我看见新闻上说 他和… |
[23:25] | another guy who looked like… | 另一个长得很像… |
[23:28] | him, us, that they were murdered. | 他 或我们的家伙 都被杀了 |
[23:33] | I figured it had to be related. | 我觉得这肯定和他找我的事有关 |
[23:35] | Didn’t happen to mention the name of the lab | 他想让你去的那个实验室 |
[23:36] | he wanted you to visit, did he? | 他没恰好提到名字吧 |
[23:39] | Sorry. | 抱歉 没有 |
[23:40] | All he said was it had to happen soon. | 他只说鉴定得快点做完 |
[23:53] | I’m pretty sure that’s supposed to be a Peter Gabriel song. | 我确定这是彼得·盖布瑞尔的歌 |
[23:56] | Never heard of him. | 从没听说过这人 |
[23:58] | This, Watson, | 华生 这是 |
[23:59] | is the official fraternity song of Kappa Rho Pi, | 奥里斯卡尼瀑布大学联谊会的 |
[24:03] | Oriskany Falls University Chapter. | ΚΡΠ兄弟会的官方会歌 |
[24:05] | Over 100 years old and still making eardrums bleed. | 已有100多年的历史 但仍能震得人耳朵流血 |
[24:08] | It is also the answer to our questions | 它也是我们对于蒂姆·瓦格纳 |
[24:10] | about Tim Wagner and his lookalikes. | 及与他撞脸者所持疑问的答案 |
[24:13] | Or at least, the theory of an answer. | 至少也对答案有个大致理论了 |
[24:16] | Mm. Thanks. | 谢了 |
[24:18] | Last night I began to explore possible reasons | 昨晚 我开始分析何蒂姆·瓦格纳 |
[24:20] | why Tim Wagner wanted to dodge a DNA test. | 为什么想避开DNA鉴定 |
[24:23] | His second, more scrupulous twin | 他那另一个谨慎得多的”双胞胎兄弟” |
[24:25] | thought it was to do with a paternity matter. | 认为这与亲子鉴定有关 |
[24:27] | I now believe Mr. Wagner | 而我现在相信 瓦格纳先生 |
[24:29] | wished to avoid being charged with murder. | 是想避开谋杀罪的指控 |
[24:32] | If he was a suspect in a murder investigation, | 如果他是谋杀案的嫌疑人 |
[24:34] | Marcus would’ve caught it days ago. | 马库斯几天前就会注意到了 |
[24:35] | Only if it was a federal case or in the City of New York. | 除非那是联邦级的案件或是发生在纽约城内 |
[24:38] | Which is why I began to look at other jurisdictions | 所以我开始了对蒂姆·瓦格纳 |
[24:40] | where Tim Wagner resided in the past. | 其它曾居住辖区的调查 |
[24:42] | Hey, what do monkeys have to do with anything? | 猴子跟这事有什么关系吗 |
[24:45] | They might be the key to exercising my father from New York. | 猴子可能是将我父亲的注意力转移出纽约的关键 |
[24:47] | I worked on multiple fronts last night, | 我昨晚忙了好几件事 |
[24:48] | including my father’s wind farm conundrum. | 包括我父亲那风力发电厂的难题 |
[24:51] | These are the lower primates I would like you to consider. | 这几个灵长类动物才是我想让你看的 |
[24:56] | Kappa Rho Pi, Oriskany Falls University. | ΚΡΠ兄弟会 奥瀑大学 |
[24:59] | Oh, there’s Tim Wagner. | 这是蒂姆·瓦格纳 |
[25:01] | OFU is an elite school set in the typically quiet hamlet | 奥瀑大学是所名校 坐落于一个平静的小镇 |
[25:04] | of Oriskany Falls, New York. | 纽约州的奥里斯卡尼瀑布镇 |
[25:06] | Quiet, that is, except for several middling drinking songs | 所谓”平静” 要除开一些酒过三巡的歌 |
[25:09] | and one tragic event 11 years ago. | 以及11年前的一场悲剧 |
[25:13] | “Fraternity pledge goes missing during rush week.” | 兄弟会预备会员于招新周失踪 |
[25:15] | Howard Cudlow was pledging | 霍华德·卡德罗于2004年 |
[25:16] | Kappa Rho Pi in 2004. | 进入ΚΡΠ兄弟会成为预备会员 |
[25:18] | His roommate said that Howard was summoned | 他室友表示 一些即将成为他”兄弟”的人 |
[25:20] | by his would-be brothers on November 5, | 曾于11月5日将他叫走 |
[25:22] | presumably part of the hazing that pledges are routinely subjected to. | 大概是某种欺负新人的惯例活动 |
[25:26] | The police questioned members of the fraternity | 几天后 警方质询了 |
[25:27] | in the days that followed… | 兄弟会的成员 |
[25:28] | But they didn’t have any proof of foul play. | 但也没有任何不正当行为的证据 |
[25:31] | They never found the body. | 他们一直没找到尸体 |
[25:32] | Till six months ago. | 直到6个月前 |
[25:34] | Construction on a new student center | 2004年 新的学生中心 |
[25:36] | was just underway in 2004. | 尚在修建中 |
[25:38] | This spring, the pavement was dug up for repairs | 今年春天 学校为修理事项挖开了路面 |
[25:41] | and Howard Cudlow’s remains were found beneath the concrete. | 而霍华德·卡德罗的尸体就在混凝土底下 |
[25:44] | The M.E. identified broken bones consistent with a fall, | 验尸员鉴定表明骨折由一次摔倒引起 |
[25:47] | including a severed spine. | 其中包括脊椎折断 |
[25:49] | The concrete helped preserve parts of the body. | 混凝土帮助保存了部分尸体 |
[25:51] | As well as some rather interesting DNA evidence. | 以及一些有趣的DNA证物 |
[25:53] | The fall didn’t kill him, you see. | 那次摔倒并没置他于死地 |
[25:56] | Someone strangled him. | 是有人勒死了他 |
[25:59] | All right. Well, thanks. | 好的 谢谢 |
[26:01] | Keep me posted. All right. | 保持联系 好的 |
[26:04] | That was the chief of police up in Oriskany Falls. | 刚才是奥瀑镇警察局局长 |
[26:06] | You were right about them liking Wagner for Cudlow’s murder. | 你们把瓦格纳和卡德罗谋杀案联系起来是对的 |
[26:09] | And pursuant to that, they had requested a DNA sample? | 这么说来 他们当时要了瓦格纳的DNA样本 |
[26:12] | Along with every other Kappa Rho Pi frat brother from 2004, | 还有当年ΚΡΠ兄弟会所有其他成员的样本 |
[26:17] | all voluntary. | 全凭自愿 |
[26:18] | They didn’t have grounds to compel anyone. | 他们没有理由去强迫任何人 |
[26:20] | Everybody, except Wagner, complied | 除了瓦格纳之外的所有人都配合了 |
[26:23] | and was cleared. | 而且都被排除了 |
[26:24] | He knew the DNA found on Cudlow was his | 他知道卡德罗身上那些DNA证物会是他的 |
[26:26] | so he dragged his feet | 所以他拖延着时间 |
[26:28] | while he searched for a double who’d take the test for him. | 以找到替身来帮他做鉴定 |
[26:31] | Well, this changes things. | 这下就不一样了 |
[26:32] | Obviously we’ve uncovered Tim Wagner’s motive | 很显然我们已经找到蒂姆·瓦格纳 |
[26:34] | for twinning himself. | 想给自己找双胞胎的动机了 |
[26:35] | It stands to reason we’ve also uncovered | 这也让我们找到了 |
[26:37] | the motive of the individual who shot him to death. | 凶手杀他的动机 |
[26:39] | It was someone who wanted revenge for Cudlow’s murder. | 有人想为卡德罗的死报仇 |
[26:41] | They came after Wagner ’cause he was acting guilty. | 他们盯上了瓦格纳 因为他的行为让人觉得有罪 |
[26:43] | That would suggest that they knew Tim Wagner had failed | 也就是说他们知道蒂姆·瓦格纳 |
[26:46] | to come forward and was the only suspect to do so. | 没有主动承认 并且是这事唯一的嫌疑人 |
[26:49] | You think it’s someone with inside knowledge. | 你认为这个人知道内幕 |
[26:52] | Someone who was working the investigation in Oriskany Falls. | 是当时在奥瀑镇参与调查的某个人 |
[26:55] | When I was talking to the chief there, | 我跟那边主管谈话的时候 |
[26:56] | I was thinking the same thing. | 想的也是同样的事 |
[26:59] | I knew he was holding back on me. | 我知道他对我有所保留 |
[27:01] | I had to pull it out of him. | 我只能强行逼问了出来 |
[27:02] | Howard Cudlow’s brother is one of his cops. | 霍华德·卡德罗的兄弟是他手下的警察之一 |
[27:07] | They’re on the way to talk to him now. | 他们此刻正在去找他谈话的路上 |
[27:17] | Captain figures it’ll be at least a few hours | 警监认为我们起码要花几个小时 |
[27:19] | before we get our crack at Sean Cudlow. | 才能在肖恩·卡德罗那找到突破 |
[27:22] | You can come back if you want, but I got to say, | 你们晚点过来也行 但我要说 |
[27:24] | it looks like we got our guy. | 看来我们找对人了 |
[27:25] | All right, I’ll let Sherlock know. | 好 我会告诉夏洛克 |
[27:27] | Am I crazy | 是我疯了吗 |
[27:28] | or did I just hear him speak in perfect Spanish? | 还是他真的在用熟练的西语打电话 |
[27:31] | Yeah, fluent in three dozen languages, | 真的 那家伙精通三十六种语言 |
[27:33] | but the man has never seen Say Anything. | 但连《情到深处》都没看过 |
[27:37] | That’s an ’80s movie, right? | 那是部80年代的电影吧 |
[27:40] | You want me to punch you, right? | 你想找揍是吧 |
[27:47] | I have business to attend to. | 我有事情要去处理 |
[27:48] | More fun with wind farms. | 风力发电厂的事儿越来越有趣了 |
[27:50] | Was that a good call or a bad one? | 刚才的电话是好事坏事 |
[27:52] | Father should start packing his bags. | 父亲应该开始收拾行李了 |
[28:00] | I hope the two of you haven’t been waiting long. | 希望没让你们二位等太久 |
[28:06] | We were well attended to. | 我们被照顾地很周到 |
[28:08] | Oh, please. | 请坐 |
[28:12] | I was worried something happened | 那晚你匆忙离开 |
[28:14] | when you left so suddenly the other night. | 我还担心是不是发生了什么事 |
[28:17] | Something did. | 确实有事发生 |
[28:19] | I realized you were wasting my time. | 我意识到你是在浪费我的时间 |
[28:21] | Excuse me? | 抱歉 |
[28:22] | You’re not really worried | 你并非真的担心 |
[28:23] | about a wind farm affecting the view | 风力发电厂会影响 |
[28:25] | from your hotel in Costa Rica. | 你在哥斯达黎加的酒店的景观 |
[28:28] | You feigned interest in compromise | 你假意妥协 |
[28:29] | so as not to arouse suspicion. | 实则为了避免引起怀疑 |
[28:31] | Once you and I simply failed to reach a deal, | 一旦你我未能达成协议 |
[28:34] | no one would ever ask the real reason | 不会有人问起 |
[28:36] | you wanted the farm to go away. | 你想弄走发电厂的真正原因 |
[28:39] | Do the words “Mono titi” mean anything to you? | “单伶猴”这个词能让你想到什么吗 |
[28:42] | I’m afraid they do not. | 恐怕没有 |
[28:44] | Well, it’s what the Costa Ricans call this animal. | 那是哥斯达黎加人给这种动物起的名字 |
[28:48] | You might know it better as the black crowned squirrel monkey. | 也许说黑冠松鼠猴你会更熟悉些 |
[28:50] | It’s an endangered species, | 它是濒危物种 |
[28:52] | native to that part of Central America, | 是在中美洲那片区域的土生品种 |
[28:53] | protected by both the Costa Rican government | 受到哥斯达黎加政府 |
[28:55] | and international convention. | 和国际公约的保护 |
[28:57] | Now, a squirrel monkey habitat was recently discovered | 然而近期 人们发现了一个黑冠松鼠猴的栖息地 |
[29:01] | and it partially overlaps the area | 你要建造的度假村 |
[29:02] | that you wish to build your resort. | 跟这片栖息地有部分重叠 |
[29:04] | I’m shocked to hear this. | 我很震惊 |
[29:06] | I had no idea. | 我之前毫不知情 |
[29:08] | I sincerely doubt that. | 我由衷表示怀疑 |
[29:11] | My son looked into the environmental | 我儿子调查过为你计划而进行的 |
[29:13] | impact study done for your plans. | 环境影响研究 |
[29:15] | He discovered that the government | 他发现 那些不经审查就盖章批准 |
[29:17] | biologist who rubber-stamped them | 这份报告的政府生物学家 |
[29:19] | promptly left the country. | 都迅速离境了 |
[29:21] | If you’re wondering where someone flees to | 如果你想知道这些已经生活在哥斯达黎加的人 |
[29:22] | after accepting a life-changing bribe | 在接受了一个能改变人生的贿赂之后 |
[29:24] | when they already live in Costa Rica, | 会逃去哪里 |
[29:26] | the answer is Switzerland. | 答案是瑞士 |
[29:28] | The habitat also occupies | 那片栖息地同样占据了 |
[29:30] | part of the space intended for the wind farm. | 准备用来建造风力发电厂区域的一部分 |
[29:34] | When my clients conduct their environmental study, | 等我的客户进行了自己的环境调查 |
[29:37] | they will discover the monkeys’ habitat as well. | 他们也会发现这片猴子栖息地的 |
[29:42] | And its extension into your property. | 以及它与你的房产有所重合 |
[29:46] | What is it you want? | 你们想要什么 |
[29:48] | I want nothing. | 我什么也不要 |
[29:51] | In fact, I’m here to offer you a favor. | 实际上 我是来帮你忙的 |
[29:56] | My client… | 我的客户 |
[29:58] | will publish this press release in a hour. | 将在一小时内发表这篇通讯稿 |
[30:01] | It’s a pledge to revise their plans for the wind farm | 这是他们修改风力发电厂计划的保证书 |
[30:04] | in order to protect the black crowned squirrel monkey. | 以便保护黑冠松鼠猴 |
[30:07] | Of course, once word of the habitat gets out, | 当然了 一旦黑冠松鼠猴的事情被曝光 |
[30:09] | that will be the end of your resort | 你的度假村就完了 |
[30:11] | and an embarrassment to you. | 并且你也会十分难堪 |
[30:15] | But if you wish, I could persuade my client | 但如果你愿意 我可以说服我的客户 |
[30:19] | to let you add your name to the release, | 把你的名字加入发布名单 |
[30:22] | make the same pledge. | 作出同一份保证 |
[30:25] | You can be heroes together. | 你们可以一起成为英雄 |
[30:28] | The decision is yours. | 决定权在你手上 |
[30:32] | When Howie first went missing, | 小霍刚失踪的时候 |
[30:34] | we all knew what happened. | 我们都知道发生了什么 |
[30:37] | Not the details, but pretty much. | 虽然不知道细节 但也八九不离十 |
[30:40] | Only nobody could do anything about it. | 但谁都没有什么办法 |
[30:43] | All the rich kids just closed ranks. | 有钱人家的孩子都很抱团 |
[30:46] | Kept their mouths shut. | 嘴闭得很紧 |
[30:49] | And the one who did it just got away with it. | 凶手就那么逍遥法外了 |
[30:52] | He went on… | 他活着 |
[30:53] | got to have a life. | 享受着生命 |
[30:56] | Howie didn’t. | 小霍却不行 |
[31:00] | I became a cop to see this through. | 我做警察就是为了这个 |
[31:03] | To make sure the son of a bitch who killed my brother paid. | 确保这个杀了我哥哥的混蛋血债血偿 |
[31:08] | I’ll take what’s coming to me. | 我愿意认罪 |
[31:10] | You admit to killing Tim Wagner and Otto Neuhaus? | 你承认杀了蒂姆·瓦格纳和奥托·纽豪斯 |
[31:13] | I only meant to get Wagner. | 我只想杀瓦格纳的 |
[31:16] | But the other guy looked so much like him. | 但另外那人长得太像他了 |
[31:20] | I still don’t know why he was there. | 我现在也没明白他为什么在那里 |
[31:22] | We know that you do, Sean. | 我们知道你其实明白 肖恩 |
[31:25] | He was going to take the DNA test for Wagner. | 他本来要去替瓦格纳做DNA测试 |
[31:27] | Wagner found him on DoppelHunt.Com. | 瓦格纳在寻找撞脸网上找到他的 |
[31:30] | That’s why you wanted to hurt Dorian Moll, right, | 这也是你要杀多瑞安·摩尔的原因吧 |
[31:32] | because you thought he was in on it? | 你以为他也有份参与 |
[31:33] | I-I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[31:35] | Dorian Moll? I’ve never even heard that name before. | 多瑞安·摩尔 我从来没听过这个名字 |
[31:39] | Guy in a ski mask | 有个戴滑雪面罩的人 |
[31:40] | attacked him the night of the eighth. | 八号晚上袭击了他 |
[31:42] | Tried to make it look like a robbery gone bad. | 想把现场弄成抢劫未遂的样子 |
[31:45] | You think I’m the only guy to ever commit a crime in a ski mask? | 你觉得只有我会戴滑雪面具犯罪吗 |
[31:50] | The second guy, Neuhaus… | 那第二个家伙 纽豪斯 |
[31:52] | if he was helping Wagner, that’s good. | 如果他真的在帮瓦格纳 那正好 |
[31:55] | I feel less bad about what happened. | 我对发生的事就不那么愧疚了 |
[31:57] | But… I’m telling you… | 但是 我要告诉你 |
[32:00] | I didn’t come after anyone else. | 我没袭击除此之外的任何人 |
[32:02] | All right, can you tell us where you were | 好吧 你能告诉我们八号晚上 |
[32:04] | the night of the eighth? | 你在哪儿吗 |
[32:05] | Yeah. On duty. | 当然 在执勤 |
[32:06] | Check my logs. | 尽管查我的工作日志 |
[32:08] | I was working extra shifts that week. | 我那周在加班 |
[32:15] | Oh, hey. I didn’t know you were in here. | 我不知道你在这儿 |
[32:18] | I was gonna watch a football game. | 我本来想看场橄榄球赛 |
[32:20] | It’s Thursday. | 今天是周四 |
[32:22] | Yeah. | 对 |
[32:23] | So, what were you doing? | 那你在做什么 |
[32:24] | I’m thinking. | 我在思考 |
[32:25] | Thinking about what? | 思考什么 |
[32:27] | Sean Cudlow. | 肖恩·卡德罗 |
[32:29] | His alibi for the night of the eighth checks out. | 他八号那晚的不在场证明被证实了 |
[32:32] | He’s not the one who made an attempt on Dorian Moll’s life. | 他不是试图杀死多瑞安·摩尔的人 |
[32:35] | Well… maybe there wasn’t an attempt. | 也许并不是试图谋杀 |
[32:38] | I mean, Dorian thought it was a real mugging– maybe it was. | 多瑞安以为那真是抢劫 也许就是呢 |
[32:40] | You’ve been away from your phone for 32 minutes. | 你已经离开手机32分钟了 |
[32:42] | So what does that have to do… | 这有什么关系 |
[32:43] | You didn’t see this text from Marcus. | 你没看到马库斯发来的这条短信 |
[32:45] | Tim Wagner’s DNA is not a match for the skin | 蒂姆·瓦格纳的DNA与在霍华德·卡德罗 |
[32:47] | recovered from beneath Howard Cudlow’s fingernails. | 指甲里找到的皮肤组织不吻合 |
[32:51] | Wait a second. He didn’t kill Cudlow? | 等一下 卡德罗不是他杀的 |
[32:53] | Obviously, he was there the night of the murder. | 很明显 他当晚的确在凶杀现场 |
[32:55] | He was so concerned it might be his genetic material | 他太担心现场可能留下他的基因组织 |
[32:57] | that he went to the trouble of finding a doppelganger | 于是费劲心思找了一个面貌相似的人 |
[32:59] | to take a DNA test for him. | 替他做DNA测试 |
[33:01] | So he was an accessory– someone else did the killing? | 所以他只是从犯 凶手另有其人 |
[33:03] | That coupled with Officer Cudlow’s insistence | 再加上卡德罗警官坚持说 |
[33:06] | he was not aware of Dorian Moll has left me | 他不认识多瑞安·摩尔 |
[33:08] | with a rather nasty taste in my mouth. | 让我觉得非常耐人寻味 |
[33:11] | We’ve missed something. | 我们漏掉了什么 |
[33:14] | Oriskany Falls University had an enrollment | 奥里斯卡尼瀑布大学在2004年 |
[33:16] | of nearly 3,000 people in 2004. | 录取了近3000名学生 |
[33:19] | Perhaps we could attend one of their reunions, | 或许我们可以参加他们的其中一场重聚会 |
[33:21] | make cheek swabs a condition of entry. | 创造机会提取口腔黏膜样本 |
[33:25] | Oriskany Falls is in Central New York, right? | 奥里斯卡尼瀑布镇在纽约州中部 对吧 |
[33:28] | Last time I checked. | 我上次查是的 |
[33:29] | And the police there confirm | 当地警方确认 |
[33:30] | that all the other members of Kappa Rho Pi from 2004 | 2004年所有KPπ兄弟会的成员 |
[33:34] | passed their DNA tests. | 都通过了DNA测试 |
[33:35] | Correct. | 没错 |
[33:40] | Who are you calling? | 你要打给谁 |
[33:41] | Marcus. I want him to ask the Oriskany Falls Police Department | 马库斯 我想让他向奥瀑镇警局 |
[33:44] | for their original list of suspects. | 索要嫌疑人的原始名单 |
[33:46] | I have a feeling Tim Wagner | 我觉得上面除了蒂姆·瓦格纳 |
[33:48] | isn’t the only name we’ll recognize. | 还有其他我们能认出的名字 |
[34:02] | Mrs. Moll? | 摩尔太太 |
[34:04] | I’m Detective Marcus Bell, NYPD. | 我是纽约警局的马库斯·贝尔警探 |
[34:07] | This is Detective Meadows. | 这位是梅多斯警探 |
[34:10] | What did Dorian do now? | 多瑞安这回又干什么了 |
[34:17] | How did you know I was here? | 你们怎么知道我在这儿 |
[34:19] | Oh, your neighbor in 2-D came back from vacation. | 你住在2D的邻居度假回来了 |
[34:22] | Parents’ place seemed like the next best bet. | 父母的家应该就是另一个最有可能的地方 |
[34:25] | I wanted to talk to you again about the night you were attacked. | 我想再跟你谈谈那晚你被袭击的事 |
[34:28] | Tell me you found the guy. | 告诉我你们抓住那个人了 |
[34:29] | We think so. | 我们觉得是 |
[34:30] | We’re planning on sitting down with him, but first, | 我们正准备审问他 但首先 |
[34:33] | we were hoping you could put us in touch with a friend of his. | 我们希望你能帮我们联系他的一位朋友 |
[34:38] | This is Mr. Holmes. | 这位是福尔摩斯先生 |
[34:38] | You know Miss Watson and Detective Bell. | 你已经认识华生女士和贝尔警探了 |
[34:41] | We just have a few more I’s to dot. | 我们还要补充一些细节 |
[34:43] | It shouldn’t take too long. | 不会耽搁太久 |
[34:46] | Uh, before you settle in, | 在你坐下之前 |
[34:47] | would you mind showing us your shins? | 可否给我们看下你的胫部 |
[34:49] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[34:50] | Your shins… front parts of your lower legs. | 胫部 你的小腿前部 |
[35:01] | Your socks. | 袜子 |
[35:09] | Yeah, they look about the right age, | 看起来受伤时间对得上 |
[35:10] | a few weeks into healing. | 还有几周才能恢复 |
[35:12] | Dorian said he got one or two good kicks in | 多瑞安说他遇袭那晚 |
[35:14] | the night he got jumped. | 狠狠踢了对方一两脚 |
[35:15] | What are you talking about? | 你们说什么呢 |
[35:16] | I got these playing racquetball. | 我这是打壁球受的伤 |
[35:20] | If someone tried to hurt him, you can’t pin that on me. | 要是有人想伤害他 你们也扣不到我头上 |
[35:23] | You’re right. Sadly, we cannot connect you | 没错 很遗憾 我们不能把你 |
[35:26] | to the attack on Dorian Moll. | 跟袭击多瑞安·摩尔一事联系起来 |
[35:29] | It is quite likely, however, that we can connect you | 但是很有可能 我们能把你 |
[35:31] | to the murder of Howard Cudlow. | 跟霍华德·卡德罗的谋杀案联系起来 |
[35:34] | Who? | 谁 |
[35:35] | When we visited your office, | 之前我们去你办公室的时候 |
[35:36] | you said that you went to school near Cooperstown. | 你说你在库珀斯敦附近上的学 |
[35:39] | Oriskany Falls University, right? | 是奥瀑大学吧 |
[35:40] | Yeah. How’d you know that? | 对 你怎么知道的 |
[35:42] | You were there the same time | 你跟霍华德·卡德罗 |
[35:43] | as Howard Cudlow and Tim Wagner. | 还有蒂姆·瓦格纳是那学校同期的学生 |
[35:45] | It’s funny you not mentioning that when we talked to you | 很奇怪 那天我们跟你说起瓦格纳先生被杀时 |
[35:47] | about Mr. Wagner’s murder the other day. | 你丝毫没提起这点 |
[35:51] | You pledged Kappa Rho Pi the same year Howard did, | 你跟霍华德是同一年入选kpπ兄弟会的 |
[35:53] | but the school suspended the frat’s charter after he went missing, | 但他失踪后 学校就暂关了兄弟会 |
[35:56] | so you never got to join. | 所以你根本没能加入 |
[35:58] | The Oriskany Falls police talked to you in 2004, | 奥瀑镇的警方在2004你找你问过话 |
[36:01] | and then, after they found the body six months ago, | 后来 六个月前他们发现尸体后 |
[36:03] | they asked you for your DNA. | 曾找你要过DNA样本 |
[36:05] | By this time, | 当时 |
[36:06] | Dorian Moll was quite the thorn in your company’s side… | 多瑞安·摩尔已经成了你公司的眼中钉 |
[36:09] | awareness of his DoppelHunts, however, | 然而 你注意到了他的撞脸网 |
[36:11] | gave you a way out. | 找到了可乘之机 |
[36:12] | You approached him, under an assumed name, | 你用假名联系了他 |
[36:14] | and then he found a double for you. | 然后他帮你找了个替身 |
[36:16] | You then paid that double to take a DNA test for you. | 于是你花钱让替身帮你提交了DNA |
[36:19] | We’re also guessing you’re the one | 我们同时认为 摩尔先生网站的事 |
[36:20] | who told Tim Wagner about Mr. Moll’s Web site. | 就是你告诉蒂姆·瓦格纳的 |
[36:24] | Both of you were there the night Howard Cudlow died. | 霍华德·卡德罗死的那晚 你们都在场 |
[36:27] | You knew if he was arrested he could bring you down, too. | 你知道如果他被捕 可能会把你也拉下水 |
[36:30] | Surely, you and Mr. Wagner knew that it was risky | 当然 你和瓦格纳先生都知道 |
[36:32] | using Dorian Moll’s Web site to find your doubles. | 用多瑞安·摩尔的网站去找替身是有风险的 |
[36:36] | But his modifications to your company’s software | 但他对你公司软件的修改 |
[36:38] | made the hunts possible, so… | 让找到替身成了可能 所以… |
[36:39] | you found that risk acceptable. | 你觉得风险是可以接受的 |
[36:41] | Then the site starting getting more attention. | 后来网站越发受人关注了 |
[36:43] | You worried that people might figure out what you had done. | 你担心人们会发现你做的事 |
[36:46] | So you tried to shut him down. | 于是你试图让他闭嘴 |
[36:47] | Only your buddy was having a harder time | 但你的好兄弟在找替身提交DNA的事上 |
[36:49] | finding a double to take the DNA test. | 遇到了困难 |
[36:52] | First one said no, | 一开始找到的那人拒绝了 |
[36:53] | and by the time you found Otto Neuhaus, | 后来当你找到奥托·纽豪斯的时候 |
[36:54] | it was too late. | 已经晚了 |
[36:56] | Howard’s brother already had him in his sights. | 霍华德的哥哥已经注意到他了 |
[36:59] | Dorian is a nut and a thief. | 多瑞安是个白痴 还是个贼 |
[37:01] | You can’t believe a word he says. | 他说的话一个字也不能信 |
[37:03] | What about Mitchell Newsome? | 那米切尔·纽瑟姆呢 |
[37:06] | Dorian helped put me in touch with him this morning. | 多瑞安今早帮我联系到了他 |
[37:09] | He wasn’t too excited about going to jail for hindering prosecution, | 他可不太想因妨碍司法而进监狱 |
[37:12] | so he told us the story you told him | 所以他跟我们说了 |
[37:14] | to convince him to take that DNA test. | 你为了让他提交DNA而告诉他的事 |
[37:16] | You and Cudlow and a friend | 你和卡德罗 还有一个朋友 |
[37:18] | were trespassing at a construction site. | 非法侵入了一个建筑工地 |
[37:21] | Your friend shoved Cudlow; Cudlow fell. | 你朋友推了卡德罗 他摔倒了 |
[37:25] | When your friend realized that Cudlow’s back was broken, | 当你朋友意识到他背部受了重伤 |
[37:28] | he panicked and finished him off. | 他慌了 直接结果了他 |
[37:30] | Obviously, the friend that you referenced was Tim Wagner. | 显然 你提到的那个朋友就是蒂姆·瓦格纳 |
[37:34] | But it wasn’t his skin found beneath Howard Cudlow’s fingernails. | 但在卡德罗指甲里找到的皮肤组织并不是他的 |
[37:37] | It was yours. | 而是你的 |
[37:38] | Now, you might argue that’s not enough | 可能你会争辩 |
[37:39] | to prove that you’re the one who strangled him, but… | 这些不足以证明是你勒死了他 不过… |
[37:42] | a jury might disagree. | 陪审团可能会有相反意见 |
[37:44] | I’ve got two presents for you | 我找奥里斯卡尼瀑布镇的警方 |
[37:45] | from the Oriskany Falls PD. | 帮你弄了两样礼物 |
[37:47] | One’s a warrant. | 一个是逮捕令 |
[37:49] | The other’s a swab. | 另一个是口腔拭棉 |
[37:54] | Yeah, that’s right, Dorian, it’s done. | 没错 多瑞安 都结束了 |
[37:57] | You can go home now. | 你可以回家了 |
[37:59] | Well… again, that’s a very kind offer, | 再次强调 非常感谢你的好意 |
[38:03] | but no, thanks, we’re good. | 但不用了 谢谢 我们不用 |
[38:05] | You got it. Bye. | 好的 再见 |
[38:07] | Free DoppelHunts? Really? | 免费帮找撞脸 逗我呢吧 |
[38:09] | Shut up. | 不是吧 |
[38:10] | For all of us. | 帮我们所有人找 |
[38:11] | He promised the experience would, | 他说那种体验绝对会 |
[38:12] | and I quote, “Blow our freakin’ minds.” | 我引用他的话 “烧炸你的大脑” |
[38:15] | So in other words, he hasn’t learned one thing. | 换句话说 他还是一点教训都没学到 |
[38:20] | Could you imagine two of your partner? | 能想象再来个跟你搭档一模一样的人吗 |
[38:59] | Come to say good-bye? | 来告别吗 |
[39:02] | May I come in? | 我能进去吗 |
[39:20] | I wanted you to know that I have wired a commission | 我想让你知道 我转了一笔钱到你账户 |
[39:23] | to your account for your services this past week. | 作为你这一周的服务费用 |
[39:25] | Well, that was unnecessary. | 没那必要 |
[39:26] | It’s done. | 我已经转了 |
[39:27] | Give it to charity if you like. | 你愿意的话可以捐给慈善机构 |
[39:29] | Give it to Joan. | 也可以赠给华生 |
[39:31] | I know it doesn’t matter to you. | 我知道你不在乎 |
[39:35] | I wish I knew what you did want. | 真希望我能早点知道你想要什么 |
[39:39] | I came because I’d like to make a confession. | 我来是想坦白的 |
[39:42] | Well, I would dial the authorities for you, | 本来我可以帮你打给当局的 |
[39:44] | but I wouldn’t know which ones. | 但我不知道你要坦白的是哪桩罪 |
[39:47] | The work I’ve been doing in New York this past week– | 这一周来我在纽约做的事 |
[39:50] | the business with Donya– | 跟唐娅的事 |
[39:51] | could just as easily have been handled elsewhere. | 换在其他任何地方都可以轻松解决 |
[39:55] | You mean another city. | 你是说另一个城市 |
[39:57] | You caught me by surprise | 那天你来我办公室 |
[39:59] | when you came to my office the other day | 令我很吃惊 |
[40:01] | and you asked why I was still here. | 你问我为什么还没走 |
[40:03] | And my predicament with her | 我首先想到的 |
[40:04] | was the first thing that came to mind. | 就是用跟她的事来应对 |
[40:09] | Truth is… | 事实是 |
[40:11] | I’ve lingered because of you. | 我之所以逗留 是因为你 |
[40:14] | You need a kidney. | 你要找人捐肾 |
[40:16] | Or bone marrow. | 要么就是捐骨髓 |
[40:17] | Or do you want a front-row seat in case I relapse again? | 还是你想等我再复发的时候能抢到前排的座位 |
[40:19] | That’s enough, Sherlock! Enough! | 够了 夏洛克 够了 |
[40:29] | I know why you hate me. | 我明白你为什么恨我 |
[40:32] | But the past is the past. | 但过去的已经过去了 |
[40:34] | I wish to move forward. | 我想向前看了 |
[40:36] | How do you plan on doing that? | 你打算怎么向前看呢 |
[40:38] | Well, for one thing, I’ll be staying in New York indefinitely. | 至少 我肯定会留在纽约了 |
[40:42] | You’ve been through trauma. | 你经历了很多创伤 |
[40:44] | I wish to be close by | 我希望离你近些 |
[40:45] | in case I can be of further assistance. | 以便今后能提供更多帮助 |
[40:47] | So now you wish to parent me? | 所以你现在想来尽家长的责任了 |
[40:50] | You know yourself, Sherlock. | 你也了解你自己 夏洛克 |
[40:52] | You know who you are, you know who you were. | 你了解你过去和现在的状况 |
[40:56] | Ask yourself… | 你问问自己 |
[40:57] | when you were a boy, could anyone have parented you? | 你小时候那性格 有任何人能当你的家长吗 |
[41:00] | I can think of one person. | 我能想到一个人 |
[41:07] | If she were here… | 要是她还在 |
[41:10] | what do you suppose she would want us to do? | 你觉得她会希望我们怎么做 |
[41:19] | The world is as wretched a place as it’s ever been. | 这是个龌龊的世界 一如既往 |
[41:22] | A sad fact, but a boon to my particular business. | 遗憾的是 对我的生意却是种福利 |
[41:26] | I’ll have no shortage of work to tend to while I’m here. | 我待在这里也不用愁没生意可做 |
[41:32] | And perhaps… | 也许 |
[41:34] | before all is said and done… | 在一切尘埃落定前 |
[41:36] | we’ll collaborate again. | 咱们会再合作的 |