时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | “Life is stranger than anything the mind could invent.” | “生活比人们的想象还要离奇千百倍” |
[00:12] | That’s something my friend likes to say. | 我朋友总喜欢这么说 |
[00:17] | When I agreed to come to New York with him, | 当我同意与他一起前来纽约时 |
[00:20] | I was still hurting. | 我仍在伤痛之中 |
[00:23] | He’d offered an education, and I was gonna take it. | 他提出要教我 我决定接受 |
[00:26] | I was gonna use it. | 我决定利用他所教我的一切 |
[00:29] | I’d just listen and I’d learn, | 我会聆听谨记他的教诲 |
[00:31] | and when the time was right I would… | 而当时机成熟 我会 |
[00:35] | move on. | 重新出发 |
[00:38] | But then… | 但之后 |
[00:41] | I made another friend. | 我又交了另一个朋友 |
[00:43] | And another one. | 然后一个接一个 |
[00:47] | My friend was only half right– life is strange, but… | 我朋友只说对了一半 生活确实很离奇 但是 |
[00:52] | …it’s also good. | 生活也很美妙 |
[01:01] | Uh… Kitty, right? | 你叫凯蒂 对吗 |
[01:04] | I’m Miranda. | 我叫米兰达 |
[01:07] | Your friend, the one that you talk about sometimes, | 你偶尔提起的那位朋友 |
[01:09] | he’s teaching you to be a detective? | 他在教你做一名侦探吗 |
[01:13] | I was wondering if you could help me with something. | 我在想 你能不能帮我个忙 |
[01:16] | Her name is Tess. | 她叫苔丝 |
[01:19] | How many days has she been gone now? | 她失踪几天了 |
[01:21] | Three. | 三天 |
[01:23] | She’s done this before– let me worry | 她以前也这样过 让我担心 |
[01:25] | while she partied and crashed with friends. | 但自己却跑去朋友家狂欢寄宿 |
[01:29] | But I’ve called everyone I can think of. | 但是我给我能想到的所有人打了电话 |
[01:32] | They say she isn’t with them. | 他们都说没见过她 |
[01:35] | You’re not wearing a wedding band– | 你没有戴婚戒 |
[01:36] | is Dad not in the picture? | 所以你是单亲 |
[01:39] | Tess doesn’t have a dad. | 苔丝没有爸爸 |
[01:40] | Not really. | 不算有 |
[01:43] | He’s the reason I’m a part of this group. | 我加入这个小组就是因为他 |
[01:47] | He was your rapist? | 他强奸了你 |
[01:50] | I always told her that her father was someone I loved, | 我总是告诉她 她父亲是我深爱的人 |
[01:52] | that he died before she was born. | 而他在她出生前去世了 |
[01:55] | But kids grow up. | 但孩子总会长大 |
[01:56] | They get curious. | 他们开始好奇 |
[01:58] | Last year she started asking questions. | 去年 她开始问一些问题 |
[02:01] | I figured it was time I told her the truth. | 我觉得是时候告诉她真相了 |
[02:04] | That’s when the partying started, the running away. | 从那时起 她开始狂欢 离家出走 |
[02:08] | I’ve been to the cops four times in the past six months. | 过去的六个月中 我去了四次警局 |
[02:12] | I can tell they don’t take me seriously anymore. | 我能看出 他们已经不把我的话当回事了 |
[02:15] | So I thought of you. | 所以我想到了你 |
[02:18] | Will you help me find her? | 你能帮我找到她吗 |
[02:25] | You’ve been standing there for a while now. | 你在那站了有一阵子了 |
[02:27] | I’m thinking. | 我在思考 |
[02:29] | Well, can you think a little faster– | 能思考快一点吗 |
[02:30] | the M.E.’s van just pulled up, | 法医的车刚过来 |
[02:31] | and the Kelleys are pretty ripe. | 凯利夫妇也都熟透了 |
[02:34] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[02:35] | Watson. Wasn’t expecting you so soon. | 华生 没想到你这么快就来了 |
[02:38] | Thought you were with a private client. | 你不是去调查私人客户的案子了吗 |
[02:40] | Wasn’t the job for me. So what’s up? | 那案子不适合我 这里什么情况 |
[02:42] | Certainly not the Kelleys. | 凯利夫妇肯定是没情况 |
[02:43] | They’ve been dead for days. | 他们死了好几天了 |
[02:45] | The housekeeper found them a couple hours ago. | 保洁员几小时之前发现了他们 |
[02:47] | They were both in their 80s, | 他们都八十多岁了 |
[02:49] | but the odds that they died naturally | 但是俩人同时 |
[02:50] | and at exactly the same time are slim. | 自然死亡的几率还是很低 |
[02:54] | He’s just been staring at ’em. | 他就这么盯着他们 |
[02:55] | I was waiting for Watson. | 我在等华生 |
[02:56] | As you know, I find nothing helps clear up a case | 你也知道 我认为向另一个人叙述案情 |
[02:58] | like stating it to another person. | 是最容易拨云见日的了 |
[03:00] | What am I? | 那我呢 |
[03:03] | The detective is right to be suspicious | 警探对凯利夫妇的死 |
[03:04] | of the Kelleys’ deaths. | 心中存疑是对的 |
[03:07] | It’s unlikely they’d shuffle off | 他们不太可能 |
[03:08] | this mortal coil simultaneously. | 会同时寿终正寝 |
[03:10] | Well, I don’t see any signs of a struggle. | 我没看到任何挣扎的迹象 |
[03:13] | Maybe it was a suicide pact. | 也许是两人双双自杀 |
[03:15] | They both took poison? | 他们都服毒吗 |
[03:17] | While I do believe that poison was involved, | 虽然我确实认为是毒杀 |
[03:20] | they most assuredly did not take their own lives. | 但我也确定他们不太可能自杀 |
[03:22] | You’re saying someone else poisoned ’em? | 你是说有别人下毒 |
[03:24] | I am. Only it was unintentional. | 对 但并不是故意的 |
[03:27] | The Kelleys are casualties | 凯利夫妇的死 |
[03:28] | of a crime committed elsewhere in the building. | 是这栋建筑中其他罪案的附带伤害 |
[03:37] | While it was difficult to detect beneath the Kelleys’– | 虽然无法确定凯利夫妇的 |
[03:39] | how did you put it?– ripeness, | 你是怎么叫的 成熟度 |
[03:42] | I could smell traces of butadiene | 但我在他们卧室的通风口附近 |
[03:45] | around the air vent in their bedroom. | 闻到了丁二烯的危机 |
[03:47] | And butadiene is…? | 丁二烯是 |
[03:50] | Is a toxic, gaseous by-product of burning rubber. | 是橡胶燃烧后留下的有毒的残留气体 |
[03:53] | It’s what you’re smelling now. | 就是你现在闻到的味道 |
[03:55] | The rest of it dissipated days ago, | 剩下的几日前就已经挥发了 |
[03:56] | so we’re in no danger. | 所以我们没有危险 |
[03:59] | What, you think someone set a fire down here? | 什么 你认为有人在下面升了火吗 |
[04:01] | Of sorts. | 差不多 |
[04:04] | This building is a converted brownstone. | 这建筑是翻新过的褐石建筑 |
[04:07] | Each of the three floors above | 上面三层 |
[04:08] | has been turned into an apartment. | 都被改造成了公寓 |
[04:11] | But the vents still allocate air | 但是通风口仍然 |
[04:13] | from a main return line. | 从同一个主回路进气 |
[04:16] | The Kelleys live on the first floor. | 凯利夫妇住在一楼 |
[04:17] | They took the brunt of the gas. | 所以就吸入了大部分的有毒气体 |
[04:20] | Do we know if the other residents are okay? | 其余住客还好吗 |
[04:22] | Uh, the third-floor apartment’s vacant, | 三楼没人住 |
[04:24] | and the second floor is occupied, | 二楼有人住 |
[04:26] | but we checked– the owner wasn’t home. | 但我们查过了 屋主不在家 |
[04:28] | I’d be curious to know if he owns | 我很想知道他是不是 |
[04:29] | a pair of teal running shoes. | 有一双青色的跑步鞋 |
[04:31] | Why? | 为什么 |
[04:32] | Because… | 因为 |
[04:34] | it would mean he was home after all. | 那就说明他其实是在家的 |
[05:02] | So, that’s him. | 所以 确实是他 |
[05:03] | Dead guy in the basement. | 那具地下室里的死尸 |
[05:05] | It’s going to take dental records to confirm it, | 虽然需要牙科记录来确认 |
[05:07] | but… I believe so. | 但 我确信如此 |
[05:09] | The man downstairs has the same | 楼下的那具男尸手上的痣 |
[05:10] | arrangement of moles on his hand. | 和他排列一样 |
[05:14] | “Clay Dubrovensky.” | 克雷·杜布洛文斯基 |
[05:16] | He’s got a doctorate in botany | 他获得了植物学博士学位 |
[05:18] | and genetic engineering. | 还有基因工程博士学位 |
[05:19] | Doesn’t look like your average doctor, does he? | 和普通博士看起来不像 是吧 |
[05:21] | No. Looks like Point Break | 不像 像是《惊爆点》 |
[05:23] | and Magic Mike had a baby. | 和《魔力麦克》的结合体 |
[05:27] | – They’re, uh… – Trifles of the cinema, I take it. | -那是… -看来是电影知识 |
[05:32] | No Kitty today? | 今天凯蒂没来 |
[05:34] | She’s working a case of her own. | 她自己在调查一个案子 |
[05:38] | So, how’s everything going? | 所以 一切顺利吗 |
[05:39] | Last time I saw you, you weren’t doing so well. | 上次见你的时候 你不太好 |
[05:41] | I’m better, thank you. | 我好多了 谢谢 |
[05:44] | I still have disappointments with regards to my sobriety, | 我仍然对自己戒瘾的事存有失望 |
[05:46] | but… I’ve resumed attending meetings. | 但我已经重新开始参加互助会了 |
[05:52] | How are you? | 你怎么样 |
[05:53] | Well, according to the super, | 据楼管员说 |
[05:55] | Clay Dubrovensky was a dream tenant. | 克雷·杜布洛文斯基是个模范房客 |
[05:57] | He was living off an inheritance, | 他靠遗产生活 |
[05:58] | he always paid his rent on time… | 总是按时交租 |
[06:00] | and his method of execution suggests | 而且他被处决的方式 |
[06:02] | a tie to organized crime. | 显示他和有组织犯罪有关 |
[06:04] | Micro-ondas. | 微波 |
[06:05] | Aka “Necklacing.” You take a tire, | 也叫做”颈圈” 你拿一个轮胎 |
[06:07] | you hang it on the victim’s neck, | 挂在被害人的脖子上 |
[06:08] | you fill it with petroleum, light a match… | 在里面灌满汽油 点燃火柴 |
[06:12] | Doesn’t get much more cartel than that. | 的确只有黑帮会这样了 |
[06:14] | I remember there were a couple of similar murders last summer. | 我记得去年夏天也有几起类似的谋杀案 |
[06:17] | There have, in fact, | 事实上 在纽约市 |
[06:17] | been ten such killings in New York over the last five years. | 在过去五年间还有十起类似的谋杀案 |
[06:21] | In each case, the suspects were soldiers | 每一个案件中 嫌疑人均是 |
[06:22] | for a Brazilian syndicate called the SDS, | 一个叫SDS的巴西财团的雇佣兵 |
[06:25] | or Sangue do Sangue. | 此财团也叫血之血 |
[06:27] | Dubrovensky had an emergency contact on his lease, | 杜布洛文斯基在租约上有个紧急联系人 |
[06:30] | a woman by the name of Courtney Stever. | 一名叫寇特妮·斯蒂弗的女性 |
[06:32] | She’s on her way to the station. Maybe she can tell us | 她在前往警局的路上了 也许她能告诉我们 |
[06:34] | why the SDS would have wanted him dead. | 为什么SDS会想杀害他 |
[06:38] | And you’re sure that it was Clay? | 你确定死者是克雷 |
[06:40] | I mean, you’re really sure? | 我是说 你十分确定吗 |
[06:41] | The M.E. won’t make an official ruling | 还需要几个小时 |
[06:43] | for at least a few hours… | 法医才能给出官方判断… |
[06:44] | It was him. The more photographs I saw, | 是他 看的照片越多 |
[06:47] | the clearer it became. | 我就越确定 |
[06:49] | Mr. Dubrovensky is… quite dead. | 杜布洛文斯基先生现在 死了 |
[06:53] | Can I ask how the two of you knew each other? | 我能问一下你们是如何认识的吗 |
[06:58] | Clay was my ex… | 克雷是我前任 |
[07:00] | sort of. | 算是吧 |
[07:01] | We broke up last year. | 我们去年分手了 |
[07:03] | He was cheating on me. He kind of did that a lot. | 他劈腿 他经常这么做 |
[07:07] | A few months ago, | 几个月前 |
[07:07] | we ran into each other in a club, | 我们在夜店碰见 |
[07:10] | and, I don’t know, we… | 我不知道 我们 |
[07:12] | just fell back into old rhythms. | 又重回过去的时光了 |
[07:14] | You slept together? | 你们一起睡了 |
[07:16] | And a few weeks later, it happened again, | 几周以后 又发生了一次 |
[07:18] | and then again. | 然后又是一次 |
[07:20] | We weren’t back together, but we were… | 我们没有复合 我们只是… |
[07:24] | enjoying ourselves. | 寻欢作乐 |
[07:25] | Plus, he had excellent cannabis, no? | 而且他有上好的大麻 不是吗 |
[07:28] | The evidence suggests | 证据表明 |
[07:29] | that he was killed by a drug cartel. | 他是被贩毒集团杀害的 |
[07:31] | We did find bricks of cash, growing supplies, | 我们发现了成捆的现金 种植用品 |
[07:33] | doctorates in Botany and Genetics. | 植物学和遗传学的博士学位 |
[07:35] | Your ex was a grower for the SDS cartel, was he not? | 你前男友是SDS黑帮的种植人对吗 |
[07:39] | Specifically, a cultivator of marijuana. | 说详细点 是大麻的种植人 |
[07:43] | Clay did not just grow pot. | 克雷不只是种大麻 |
[07:46] | Okay? He engineered it. | 懂吗 他培育大麻 |
[07:47] | He was an artist. | 他是个艺术家 |
[07:49] | And the people that he worked for | 雇他工作的那些人 |
[07:51] | never got that. | 根本理解不了 |
[07:52] | What do you mean? | 你是什么意思 |
[07:53] | He told me | 他告诉我 |
[07:54] | that he started messing with marijuana strains | 他读研究生时就开始培育 |
[07:56] | in grad school. | 大麻品种 |
[07:58] | Mixing, matching. | 杂交 嫁接 |
[08:00] | But he never even smoked the stuff. | 但他自己根本不抽大麻 |
[08:01] | He just… knew how to help it, | 他只是…知道如何帮助它 |
[08:04] | knew how to make it better. | 如何让它变得更好 |
[08:05] | A few dealers took notice, only they didn’t want | 几个毒贩子注意到了 但他们不想 |
[08:08] | to hurt him. | 伤害他 |
[08:09] | They wanted to hire him? | 他们想雇用他 |
[08:11] | Yeah, and he worked | 对 从那以后 |
[08:11] | for the SDS cartel ever since. | 他就开始为SDS黑帮工作了 |
[08:15] | Can you think of any reason why they would want to hurt him? | 你能想出他们为什么要伤害他吗 |
[08:19] | He got bored. | 他厌倦了 |
[08:20] | He wanted a… a real lab, real equipment. | 他想要一个真正的实验室 真正的设备 |
[08:25] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[08:27] | Maybe he just finally pushed them too far. | 也许他最终把他们逼急了 |
[08:39] | This is new. | 真新鲜啊 |
[08:42] | Complete inversions allow the human body | 完全倒立能让身体充血 |
[08:44] | to flush and detoxify the adrenal glands, | 并给肾上腺解毒 |
[08:46] | which studies have linked to more positive thinking | 这能让人思考得更快 |
[08:49] | and an increase in reasoning skills. | 并提高推理能力 |
[08:53] | You really must try it sometime. | 你有时间真应该试试 |
[08:56] | “Clay Dubrovensky.” | 克雷·杜布洛文斯基 |
[08:56] | Is that the name you texted me? | 这是你发给我的名字吗 |
[08:58] | Yeah. | 对 |
[08:59] | His lover was unable to name any of his cartel associates, | 他的情人不知道他帮派同伴的名字 |
[09:02] | but she did know that the grow house where he worked | 但她确实知道他工作的种植房 |
[09:04] | was, I quote, “Somewhere in Brooklyn.” | 就在 据她说”布鲁克林的某个地方” |
[09:07] | I’m attempting to divine | 我正在试图预言 |
[09:08] | its specific whereabouts. Any luck, there will be | 它的具体位置 运气好的话 |
[09:11] | personnel there that we can question. | 那里有我们可以审问的人 |
[09:13] | How goes your investigation? | 你的调查进行得如何 |
[09:15] | I spent the better part of the day | 我花了大半天时间 |
[09:17] | talking to the missing | 跟失踪女孩的朋友谈话 |
[09:18] | girl’s friends and poking around her laptop. | 还查看了她的笔记本电脑 |
[09:22] | I applied your many and varied rules of observation, | 我用了许多种你教的观察法则 |
[09:25] | and yielded a single deduction. | 最后只得出了一个结论 |
[09:29] | She’s a brat. | 她就是个小屁孩 |
[09:30] | You don’t think she’s in danger? | 你觉得她没有危险 |
[09:32] | There’s no doubt she’s in the habit of running away. | 毫无疑问她有离家出走的习惯 |
[09:34] | And nothing bad ever happens to runaways. | 离家出走的人通常都没事 |
[09:37] | But the evidence would seem to suggest | 但证据显示 |
[09:38] | that she’ll just come home when she’s ready. | 她准备好了就会回家的 |
[09:41] | That said, I will… | 也就是说 明早… |
[09:43] | renew my hunt in the morning. | 我再开始找人吧 |
[09:45] | Sure you don’t want a go? | 确定你不想试试吗 |
[09:47] | Quite. | 很确定 |
[09:50] | Did, um, Watson talk to you today? | 华生今天跟你聊了吗 |
[09:54] | No. We communicated telepathically. | 没有 我们用心灵感应交流 |
[09:57] | Of course we spoke. She’s helping me with my investigation. | 我们当然聊了 她在帮我做调查 |
[09:59] | Why do you ask? | 为什么这么问 |
[10:01] | She just hasn’t been around for a while. | 她最近都没怎么出现 |
[10:04] | Just say hello for me, will you? | 替我向她问好 行吗 |
[10:20] | Hello? | 喂 |
[10:23] | Smoothie? | 要喝奶昔吗 |
[10:26] | Uh, you broke into my apartment? | 你擅自闯进我的公寓 |
[10:29] | You break into my home all the time. | 你不是动不动就闯进我家吗 |
[10:31] | That is because | 那是因为 |
[10:32] | you force me to. | 你逼我的 |
[10:33] | I think I may have found the address of Clay Dubrovensky’s | 我觉得我可能找到了克雷·杜布洛文斯基的 |
[10:36] | Brooklyn grow house. | 布鲁克林种植房 |
[10:37] | How? | 怎么找到的 |
[10:39] | Rubles. | 卢布 |
[10:41] | There was change found in his pocket. | 在他口袋里发现了一些零钱 |
[10:43] | Three dimes, a nickel, | 三个十分的 一个五分的 |
[10:44] | two coins just like this one. | 还有两个这样的硬币 |
[10:48] | It’s a five-ruble piece. | 这是五卢布 |
[10:49] | It’s similar in size and texture to an American quarter. | 它跟两毛五的美元硬币大小和质地都相似 |
[10:53] | There were similar coins found on his counter. | 他的柜子上还有些类似的硬币 |
[10:57] | As you can see, they’re also mixed in with American currency. | 你可以看到它们跟美国货币混在一起 |
[10:59] | Now, these coins are the very opposite of collectible. | 这些硬币不可能是收集品 |
[11:03] | It’s most likely he received them mistakenly | 更像是他在俄国社区把它们 |
[11:05] | as change in a Russian neighborhood. | 当作零钱误收了 |
[11:08] | There’s a big Russian community | 布鲁克林的布莱顿海滩 |
[11:09] | in Brighton Beach, Brooklyn. | 有个很大的俄国社区 |
[11:11] | Mm-hmm. Now, as you are no doubt aware, a grow house | 对 你肯定知道 种植房 |
[11:15] | would require an extremely high volume of grow lamps | 需要大量照明灯 |
[11:17] | to be running at all times. So with the help of the captain, | 一刻不停地运转 所以在警监的帮助下 |
[11:21] | I identified the largest noncommercial consumer | 我找到了那片区域用电最多的 |
[11:23] | of kilowatt hours in the area. | 非商业顾客 |
[11:26] | He and a phalanx of ESU officers are on their way | 我们说话这会他正带着一队特警 |
[11:29] | as we speak. | 赶过去 |
[11:31] | Right. I’ll get dressed. | 好吧 我马上换衣服 |
[11:34] | Oh, before you do, | 在那之前 |
[11:35] | I-I think it’s best if we talk. | 我觉得我们应该谈谈 |
[11:37] | About? | 谈什么 |
[11:38] | Whatever it was you wanted to discuss with me yesterday. | 谈你昨天想跟我说的事情 |
[11:42] | You seemed quite pregnant at Dubrovensky’s apartment. | 你在杜布洛文斯基家好像很有心事 |
[11:46] | You’ve obviously already discussed it with Kitty. | 显然你已经跟凯蒂讨论过了 |
[11:48] | How could you… | 你怎么… |
[11:48] | The motives of some women are inscrutable. | 有些女人的动机是不可预测的 |
[11:51] | Their most trivial action may mean | 她们的小动作可能意味着大事 |
[11:53] | volumes, their most extraordinary conduct | 她们最不可思议的行为 |
[11:55] | may depend upon a hairpin. | 可能只是因为一个发卡 |
[11:58] | You two are not like that. | 你们俩不是那种人 |
[12:06] | I’m folding my private detective business | 我要结束我自己的侦探事业 |
[12:07] | and I’m going to go work for Leda. | 然后去利达公司工作了 |
[12:09] | They’re a global insurance company. | 那是一家全球保险公司 |
[12:10] | I’m gonna be one of their in-house investigators. | 我要去做他们的内部调查员了 |
[12:15] | I did some freelance work for them a few months ago | 我几个月前给他们干了点活 |
[12:17] | and they were impressed, so they asked me | 他们觉得很不错 所以他们 |
[12:19] | to join on a more permanent basis. | 想让我正式加入 |
[12:21] | This isn’t really gonna change | 这不会影响 |
[12:22] | the work that you and I do. | 我跟你的工作的 |
[12:25] | This balance that we’ve struck– | 我们已经建立的平衡 |
[12:26] | my cases, your cases, our cases. | 我的案子 你的案子 我们的案子 |
[12:28] | That is not gonna change. | 这都不会改变的 |
[12:30] | I’m gonna have time to work for Leda | 我得有时间为利达工作 |
[12:31] | and the department. That is the only way | 也得为警局工作 这是我同意签约的 |
[12:33] | I agreed to sign on. | 唯一条件 |
[12:36] | An insurance company. | 一家保险公司 |
[12:37] | Yeah, I like the people there. | 对 我喜欢那里的人 |
[12:40] | Listen, I was gonna tell you a few weeks ago, | 听着 我几周前就想告诉你 |
[12:43] | but you were struggling, and-and the last time I told you | 但你那时还在挣扎 而且上次我告诉你 |
[12:46] | I wanted to make a change, you took off to London. | 我想做出改变的时候 你跑去伦敦了 |
[12:54] | It’s the captain. | 是警监 |
[12:56] | The residence we identified | 我们在布鲁克林定位的地方 |
[12:57] | is Dubrovensky’s grow house. | 就是杜布洛文斯基的种植房 |
[13:01] | He’s expecting us. | 他在等我们 |
[13:03] | No one was here when we took the door. | 我们打开门时屋里没有人 |
[13:06] | Which is not so weird | 这并没有 |
[13:07] | in and of itself, but… | 什么奇怪的 但… |
[13:11] | take a look at these plants. | 看看这些植物 |
[13:16] | They’re dying. | 它们快死了 |
[13:17] | Not all of them. | 不是所有的 |
[13:18] | But a lot. At least a couple hundred grand worth. | 但大部分是 至少值几十万 |
[13:22] | Says to me that Dubrovensky was the only guy who worked here. | 说明杜布洛文斯基是唯一在这里工作的人 |
[13:25] | He died, his plants started to follow. | 他死了 他种的植物也要跟着死了 |
[13:29] | Only they were never his plants, right? | 但它们一直都不是他的 对吗 |
[13:32] | They were the cartel’s, so why would they just let them die? | 是贩毒集团的 那他们为什么任由它们死掉 |
[13:36] | Perhaps they didn’t know he’d been killed. | 也许是因为他们不知道他已经死了 |
[13:38] | Aren’t we thinking | 我们不是认为 |
[13:39] | that they killed him? | 是他们杀了他吗 |
[13:41] | Are either of you familiar with the Wutai Pingtung orchid? | 你们谁知道屏东雾台兰 |
[13:45] | It originated | 它起源于 |
[13:45] | in the remote Wutai region of Taiwan. | 台湾偏远的雾台地区 |
[13:48] | Decades of commercial development saw the extinction | 数十年的商业发展导致了为它们传粉的 |
[13:50] | of the moths that pollinated them. The orchids died off | 蛾类的灭绝 这种兰花濒临灭绝 |
[13:53] | until only one remained, making it the absolute | 只留下了一株 这使它成了 |
[13:56] | rarest of rare flowers. | 最稀有的花 |
[13:58] | There is only one | 世界上只有一株 |
[13:59] | living in the entire world, | 存活的屏东雾台兰 |
[14:01] | and it has an estimated value of a quarter | 它的估价是 |
[14:03] | of a million dollars. | 25万美元 |
[14:05] | Fascinating. | 有趣 |
[14:06] | What has it got to do with any of this? | 和这里有什么关系吗 |
[14:08] | Just over a year ago the Wutai Pingtung | 就在一年前 屏东雾台兰 |
[14:10] | was stolen from an international flower show. | 在国际花展上被偷了 |
[14:13] | And it’s sitting right over there. | 而现在 它就在那边 |
[14:24] | We thought Mr. Dubrovensky was killed | 之前认为杜布洛文斯基是因为 |
[14:25] | over plants that you can smoke. | 这些能吸的大麻被杀的 |
[14:28] | Perhaps he was killed over one you cannot. | 也许他是因为这株你不能吸的植物被害的 |
[14:43] | Autopsy report | 克雷·杜布洛文斯基的 |
[14:44] | on Clay Dubrovensky. | 尸检报告 |
[14:46] | I am now quite certain the SDS did not kill him. | 我现在很肯定SDS没有杀他 |
[14:49] | Still think he died over a flower? | 还是认为他因花而死吗 |
[14:53] | As I explained, this is no mere flower. | 如我所说 这不仅仅是一朵花 |
[14:55] | This is the Wu… | 这是雾… |
[14:56] | Wutai Pingtung. It’s rare. I get it. | 屏东雾台兰 很稀有 我知道 |
[15:00] | An honest politician is rare. | 一位诚实的政治家是稀有的 |
[15:01] | A marriage worth the bother is rare. | 一段值得为之努力的婚姻是稀有的 |
[15:03] | This is the only orchid of its kind in existence. | 但它可是世上唯一的雾台兰 |
[15:08] | It says here that Dubrovensky was dead | 这上面说杜布洛文斯基在 |
[15:10] | before he was lit on fire. | 被烧成焦炭前就死了 |
[15:12] | Succumbed to blunt force trauma in the back of his skull. | 死于他头骨后方的钝器重击 |
[15:15] | But isn’t the whole point of necklacing | 但火项链[南非火刑]不是要在 |
[15:16] | to burn the victim while he’s still alive? | 受害者活着的时候烧死他吗 |
[15:18] | Hmm. Would have been quite sporting of them | 也许点火前杀他 |
[15:20] | to kill him prior to ignition, no? | 是为了娱乐一下 也许不对 |
[15:22] | Maybe it was a rival gang. | 也许是敌对帮派干的 |
[15:24] | They kill Dubrovensky and then frame the SDS. | 他们杀了杜布洛文斯基然后嫁祸给SDS |
[15:27] | Cartels don’t frame people. | 黑帮集团从不嫁祸于人 |
[15:28] | They sign their work repeatedly and aggressively. | 他们会积极多次的声明他们的杰作 |
[15:32] | So this orchid was stolen over a year ago by Dubrovensky? | 那一年前这兰花是杜布洛文斯基偷的 |
[15:35] | That’s one possibility. | 这是一种可能 |
[15:37] | Another possibility is that he bought it on the black market. | 还有一种可能是他在黑市上买了它 |
[15:40] | There’s a black market for flowers? | 还有花的黑市 |
[15:41] | Ish. Most transactions are completed | 算是吧 大多数交易都通过 |
[15:44] | via online auction sites. | 拍卖网站进行网上交易 |
[15:46] | The thief lists, um… A more innocuous item. | 他们会拿出某种无害的物品 |
[15:50] | This can, for example. | 比如说这个易拉罐 |
[15:53] | And then positions it in front of the item | 然后把这个物品放在 |
[15:55] | that he really wishes to sell. | 他们真正想出手的东西前 |
[15:59] | To the untrained eye, the flower looks like mere backdrop. | 对不了解的人来说 这个花就是背景装饰 |
[16:02] | Okay, so what happens | 那如果我的苏打水罐 |
[16:03] | when my soda sells for $250,000? | 卖了25万美元 |
[16:06] | Won’t that raise a few eyebrows? | 不会引人注意吗 |
[16:07] | You keep the auction private. | 这种拍卖是私下进行的 |
[16:09] | And it’s established beforehand that a bid of one dollar | 而且会在事先建立好规则 |
[16:11] | is actually worth $100 or $1,000, | 竞价时一美元就是一百或一千美元 |
[16:13] | so an item that appears to have sold for $15… | 所以当一个物品看起来卖了十五美元 |
[16:15] | Is actually going for 15 grand. | 它的实际价格其实是一万五 |
[16:17] | It’s possible that | 有可能是 |
[16:18] | Dubrovensky successfully bid on the orchid… | 杜布洛文斯基拍到了这个兰花 |
[16:21] | and then the losing bidder | 而没能拍到的人 |
[16:23] | came looking for him. | 为此来找了他 |
[16:26] | What about the flower’s original owner? | 这花最开始的主人是谁 |
[16:29] | Less original owner | 不能说是原主人 |
[16:31] | and more discoverer. | 应该是发现者 |
[16:35] | I don’t like him for a flaming tire murder, do you? | 我不觉得他是实施火项链的谋杀者 你觉得呢 |
[16:39] | Lexi? | 莱克西 |
[16:42] | Huh. Cool place. | 不错的房子 |
[16:48] | Do-Do you have any coffee here? Maybe an espresso machine? | 你这里有咖啡吗 也许那种浓缩咖啡机 |
[16:51] | You texted me. You told me that you might be able | 你发短信给我说你也许能 |
[16:53] | to help me find Tess. | 帮我找到苔丝 |
[16:54] | Yeah, I heard you were | 是 我听说你在找她 |
[16:55] | asking about her. A friend at school gave me your number. | 学校里一个朋友给了我你的电话 |
[16:58] | Look, she called me last week. She thought | 她上周给我打电话了 |
[17:00] | some guy in a white Jaguar was following her. | 她觉得一个开白色捷豹的人在跟踪她 |
[17:03] | I told her it was the stuff we smoked that day | 我告诉她是因为那天我们嗑药后的幻觉 |
[17:05] | and she was paranoid. | 她有点疑神疑鬼了 |
[17:07] | She’s been gone four days now. | 她现在失踪四天了 |
[17:09] | Do you still think she was paranoid? | 你还觉得她是疑神疑鬼吗 |
[17:12] | When she called, did she describe the driver? | 她打电话时 有描述司机的样子吗 |
[17:15] | No. | 没有 |
[17:17] | But I do have the license plate. | 但我记下了车牌号 |
[17:21] | You thought she was paranoid and yet | 你觉得她想多了 |
[17:22] | you took down the plate number? | 还记下了车牌号 |
[17:23] | I guess. | 算是吧 |
[17:30] | Murderers. | 凶手 |
[17:32] | Who? | 谁 |
[17:33] | All of them. | 他们全部 |
[17:35] | Detective Bell. | 贝尔警探 |
[17:37] | Barbara Conway. I’m senior | 我是芭芭拉·康维 是 |
[17:38] | – vice president of… – Senior vice president of AgriNext’s | -阿里纳特公司的… -阿里纳特公司 |
[17:40] | GMO research division. | 转基因研究部门的高级副总裁 |
[17:42] | Quite the corporate monstrosity, AgriNext, hmm? | 阿里纳特公司 相当可怕的企业 |
[17:45] | In addition to your dominance in agricultural industries, | 鉴于贵公司在农业上的主导地位 |
[17:47] | there is powerful evidence to suggest | 有强力的证据表明 |
[17:49] | that your neonicotinoid insecticides | 你们的烟碱类杀虫剂 |
[17:51] | are the culprits in the ongoing bee genocide | 是蜜蜂种群正因 |
[17:53] | known as colony collapse disorder. Would you care | 蜂群崩坏症候群而灭绝的元凶 |
[17:55] | to comment on that? | 你对此怎么看 |
[17:56] | When you told my assistant you had | 你们告诉我的助手要问一些问题 |
[17:57] | some questions, was that just a lie to get in and harass me? | 你是把那当成借口进来骚扰我的吗 |
[18:01] | Ms. Conway, | 康维女士 |
[18:02] | are you familiar with the name Clay Dubrovensky? | 你知道克雷·杜布洛文斯基吗 |
[18:05] | No. | 不知道 |
[18:06] | What about the Wutai Pingtung orchid? | 那屏东雾台兰呢 |
[18:08] | I’m sorry. What? | 抱歉 那是什么 |
[18:09] | You are very good at feigning innocence. | 你很善于装无辜 |
[18:11] | Perhaps it’s all that lying about the bees. | 也许关于蜜蜂的那些也是谎话 |
[18:13] | Clay Dubrovensky was found murdered yesterday. | 克雷·杜布洛文斯基昨天被发现死于谋杀 |
[18:16] | Now, my colleagues checked his Internet history, | 我的同事检查了他的网上记录 |
[18:17] | ’cause they thought it might have had | 因为他们认为 |
[18:18] | something to do with his purchase | 他的死可能和 |
[18:20] | of the orchid. | 他买的那株兰花有关 |
[18:21] | Instead, we found | 但是 我们发现了 |
[18:21] | record of him selling it. | 他出售那株兰花的记录 |
[18:25] | To you. | 卖给了你 |
[18:29] | Please don’t ask us to believe that you paid $89 | 不要试图让我们相信你花了89美元 |
[18:32] | for a bureau that just happens to have | 买了张桌子 但刚好桌上面放了 |
[18:33] | one of the world’s rarest flowers sitting on top of it. | 一盆世界上最珍贵的兰花 |
[18:37] | We are well aware of the codes | 我们很清楚这种非法交易中 |
[18:38] | and price multiples employed in such illegal transactions. | 所使用的代码和价格倍数 |
[18:42] | The day after the auction ended, Dubrovensky | 拍卖结束的第二天 杜布洛文斯基 |
[18:44] | deposited a cashier’s check for $89,000 | 往银行账户里存了一张八万九千美元的 |
[18:47] | into a bank account. | 现金支票 |
[18:48] | You thought you were getting | 你觉得你简直是在网上白捡了 |
[18:49] | the only Wutai Pingtung orchid in the world | 世界上唯一一株的 |
[18:52] | for a virtual steal. | 屏东雾台兰 |
[18:54] | Only Mr. Dubrovensky never delivered. | 但杜布洛文斯基并没有发货 |
[18:57] | He kept it for himself. | 他把它留下来了 |
[18:59] | But you couldn’t complain to the auction site or go | 但你不能投诉拍卖网站 |
[19:00] | to the police. Not without admitting that you had | 或告诉警察 除非你承认 |
[19:03] | tried to purchase a very valuable stolen object. | 参与购买了高价值的赃物 |
[19:06] | You track Mr. Dubrovensky down, | 你找到了杜布洛文斯基 |
[19:08] | you confront him, things go poorly. | 你质问他 然后失控了 |
[19:10] | I’m not sure how you knew to frame the SDS cartel | 我不确定你怎么知道把他的死 |
[19:13] | for his murder, but, I don’t know, | 嫁祸给SDS的 但也许 |
[19:15] | perhaps you bought furniture from him before. | 你之前也在那网上买过家具 |
[19:19] | You’re right, I did buy that bureau. | 你是对的 我的确买了那个桌子 |
[19:20] | But if you’re saying this Dubrovensky person | 但若如你所说 这个杜布洛文斯基 |
[19:23] | was the seller– okay, sure. I only ever knew him | 就是卖家 好吧他是 我只认识 |
[19:26] | by his account name. | 他的网上账户名 |
[19:28] | – Ms. Conway… – He threw the flower in for free. | -康维女士 -他把花免费送我了 |
[19:31] | It’s in the conference room if you’d like to see it. | 它现在就在会议室里 |
[19:36] | I think it’s one of the most beautiful things I’ve ever seen. | 我觉得这是世上最美丽的存在了 |
[19:39] | But I would never pay $89,000 for it. | 但我永远不会花八万九千美元买它 |
[19:42] | If you need it for your investigation, | 如果你们需要它来调查 |
[19:43] | by all means, take it. | 尽管拿走好了 |
[19:48] | I’m sorry I’m not | 很抱歉 |
[19:49] | the murderer you were hoping I was. | 我不是你们希望的那个凶手 |
[19:53] | For the last time, | 最后一遍 |
[19:54] | I’ve never seen this girl before in my life. | 我从来没见过这个女孩 |
[19:56] | But you do own the vehicle that was described to us. | 但你的确是我们了解的那个车的车主 |
[20:00] | The plates we were given come back to you. | 通过那个牌照我们追查到了你 |
[20:02] | Which can only mean that someone’s | 这只能说有人 |
[20:03] | playing some sort of stupid prank. | 开了一个愚蠢的玩笑 |
[20:06] | What about this girl? You ever seen her before? | 那这个姑娘呢 你之前从没见过她 |
[20:09] | This is amazing. | 真搞笑 |
[20:10] | Why don’t you just show me photos of every missing girl | 你们为啥不把所有失踪女孩的照片 |
[20:12] | in the city? It’s not like I don’t have anything else to do. | 都拿给我看 就好像我很闲一样 |
[20:15] | This girl told a friend that she saw your car | 这姑娘告诉一个朋友 上周六 |
[20:18] | following her last Saturday, so if you | 她看见你的车跟踪她 |
[20:20] | want us to get you… | 如果你希望我们去… |
[20:21] | Oh, wait, wait, wait a second. Last Saturday? | 等下 等下 上周六 |
[20:25] | Was she in Baltimore? | 她住巴尔的摩吗 |
[20:27] | No. | 不是 |
[20:29] | Well, that’s interesting, because I was. | 那就有意思了 因为我在那里 |
[20:31] | My son’s lacrosse team had a tournament. We took the Jag. | 我儿子的曲棍球队在那有巡回赛 我们开走了捷豹车 |
[20:34] | You want to ask me more questions, contact my attorney. | 如果还想问我问题 和我的律师联系 |
[20:37] | Mr. Perryman, before you go… | 派瑞曼先生 走之前… |
[20:43] | Has anyone ever told you that you have a queer left thumb? | 有没有人告诉过你你左手拇指很奇怪 |
[20:54] | What was that about? | 问那个做什么 |
[20:56] | I don’t think he did it. I don’t think he took Tess. | 我觉得不是他干的 不是他绑走了苔丝 |
[20:59] | But I think I know how to find her. | 但我已经知道怎么找到她了 |
[21:06] | So there are two Wutai Pingtung orchids left, not one. | 那就是有两株屏东雾台兰 不是一株 |
[21:09] | So what? | 那又怎样 |
[21:10] | It was my understanding that was impossible. | 我本来以为这是不可能的 |
[21:12] | And your understanding can never be wrong? | 你的想法就永远不会错吗 |
[21:16] | Did you notice these bags | 你注意到这些纸包了吗 |
[21:17] | the AgriNext lady left in the box with the orchid? | 阿里纳特公司那女的放在兰花盒子里的 |
[21:20] | Yep. They’re plant food. | 是的 是些植物肥料 |
[21:21] | So, what do you think? | 你怎么想 |
[21:23] | They look hungry? | 它们像是饿了吗 |
[21:25] | You wish to kill them? | 你想弄死它们吗 |
[21:26] | You just said this was food. | 你刚才不是说这是肥料吗 |
[21:28] | For some other plants. | 是用于别的植物的肥料 |
[21:29] | Can you not tell by the smell? | 难道你闻不出来吗 |
[21:30] | That’s ground coffee and dried mackerel. | 这是些磨碎的咖啡豆和晒干的鲐鱼 |
[21:32] | Mackerel has an extremely high nitrogen content, | 鲐鱼富含氮元素 |
[21:35] | too high for orchids. | 不适宜兰花 |
[21:37] | Ms. Conway gave us that bag by mistake. | 康维女士不小心给错了 |
[21:38] | The correct one is the other bag. | 应该是另外一包 |
[21:46] | What, were you worried I was going to kill them | 你刚才还担心我会弄死它们 |
[21:48] | before you could? | 然后你就这么干了 |
[21:50] | Root structures are like fingerprints– | 根的结构就像指纹一样 |
[21:51] | no two are the same. | 没有两个是完全一样的 |
[21:54] | These are identical. | 但这两个是一样的 |
[21:55] | Okay, how could you possibly… | 好吧 你怎么能… |
[21:57] | They’re also the root structures of plants | 而且它们的根结构 |
[21:58] | no older than six months. | 才长了不到半年 |
[22:00] | The real Wutai Pingtung is five years old. | 而真正的屏东雾台兰长了五年 |
[22:02] | Wait a minute, are you saying that these are fakes? | 等一下 你是说这些是假的 |
[22:05] | Clones. | 克隆的 |
[22:06] | Mr. Dubrovensky’s lover said he had grown bored. | 杜布洛文斯基的爱人说他感觉乏味 |
[22:09] | He has doctorates in botany. | 他是植物学博士 |
[22:11] | And genetics. | 也是基因学博士 |
[22:13] | If he never laid hands on the original orchid, | 即使他从未接触过原始的那株兰花 |
[22:14] | he at least acquired a cutting. | 他至少也是弄到了一部分 |
[22:16] | That would’ve been more than enough to make him | 这就足以让他 |
[22:17] | the floral equivalent of a forger. | 克隆出许多花来 |
[22:19] | The AgriNext exec, Barbara Conway, | 阿里纳特公司的那个总裁 芭芭拉·康维 |
[22:21] | maybe she realized she bought a fake and confronted him. | 或许她意识到自己买了假货然后找他对质 |
[22:24] | Dubrovensky could’ve produced dozens of clones, | 杜布洛文斯基可能克隆了几十株 |
[22:26] | which means his scam could’ve been executed dozens of times. | 也就是说他或许已经骗了几十个人 |
[22:29] | Ms. Conway should return to our suspect list. | 康维女士又成为我们的嫌疑人了 |
[22:31] | But we should also look for evidence of other victims. | 但我们也应该找找其他被骗者的证据 |
[22:36] | What are you doing? | 你干什么 |
[22:37] | Well, they may be fakes but they’re still beautiful. | 虽然它们是假的 但仍然很漂亮 |
[22:40] | I am going to water them. | 我打算给它们浇水 |
[22:48] | It occurs to me I haven’t congratulated you | 我刚想起来我还没有恭喜你 |
[22:50] | on your new venture with the insurance company, Leda. | 在利达保险公司找到了新工作 |
[22:56] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[22:58] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[23:01] | I understand why you waited to tell me. | 我明白为何你一直没跟我说 |
[23:02] | I do tend to react poorly to change. | 我在应对变化方面确实做的不好 |
[23:06] | Well, like I said, this shouldn’t be much change at all. | 就像我说的 根本就不应该有变化 |
[23:10] | I’ll still be at the precinct all the time. | 我还是会一直去警局 |
[23:12] | Even if you weren’t, it’s your life, Watson. | 不去也没事 这是你的人生 华生 |
[23:14] | I’ve no right to a monopoly. | 我无权控制你 |
[23:19] | The truth is, | 实际上 |
[23:20] | I’ve been considering a change of my own. | 我一直在考虑改变一下自己 |
[23:23] | It’s completely unrelated to your news, I assure you, | 我向你保证 这跟你的事完全无关 |
[23:26] | but it has been weighing on my mind | 但我心里一直装着这个事 |
[23:27] | and I thought I should apprise you of it. | 所以我觉得我应该告诉你 |
[23:31] | Isn’t that your phone? | 不是你的电话响吗 |
[23:32] | It can wait. | 一会再接 |
[23:36] | It’s Captain Gregson. Hello. | 是格雷森警监 喂 |
[23:38] | Is Holmes with you? | 福尔摩斯跟你在一块吗 |
[23:39] | Yeah, he’s right here. | 是 他在 |
[23:41] | I thought you two would want to know | 我想告诉你们一下 |
[23:42] | there were two more necklace murders tonight. | 今晚又发现了两起火刑 |
[23:47] | The killers left a message this time. | 这次凶手留下了消息 |
[23:49] | “Guerra de Guerra.” | “血之血” |
[23:51] | Portuguese vernacular. | 葡萄牙方言 |
[23:55] | Usually I would’ve figured it was for another gang, | 通常我会认为这是另一个帮派干的 |
[23:58] | but this is the opposite of gang territory. | 但这绝不是黑帮的地方 |
[24:02] | I’m standing in front of the AgriNext | 我正站在阿里纳特公司 |
[24:04] | corporate headquarters in Whitestone. | 在白石区的总部前 |
[24:07] | You guys were here today, right? | 你们今天来过这 对吧 |
[24:08] | We were. | 是的 |
[24:10] | I’m going to go out on a limb here and say | 我大胆地猜一下 |
[24:12] | this wasn’t a coincidence. | 这应该不是巧合 |
[24:19] | William Keller, AgriNext’s CFO. | 威廉·凯勒 阿里纳特公司的首席财务官 |
[24:23] | And this is Nelson Shelby, | 这是尼尔森·谢尔比 |
[24:25] | one of their board of directors. | 董事会成员之一 |
[24:27] | Now, as far as we can tell, | 我们现在只知道 |
[24:29] | they were abducted as they reached their residences | 他们昨晚一回家就被绑架了 |
[24:32] | last night, presumably by members of the SDS. | 应该是SDS的人干的 |
[24:35] | But why does the cartel want to kill off AgriNext executives? | 为什么黑帮集团要杀掉阿里纳特的总裁 |
[24:38] | I talked to a company spokesman. | 我跟他们公司的发言人聊过 |
[24:40] | The official line is “No idea,” | 他们的官方回答是”不知道” |
[24:42] | but off the record, their best guess is political retaliation. | 但私下里 他们觉得是政治报复 |
[24:46] | Brazil’s a billion-dollar market for AgriNext | 巴西是阿里纳特公司的大市场 |
[24:48] | so they pump millions into local elections. | 所以他们给当地的选举投了很多钱 |
[24:50] | Buys them influence over policy decisions. | 从而可以买到在政策决定方面的影响力 |
[24:52] | Guy said sometimes | 那个人说有时 |
[24:54] | the drug cartels just don’t like the candidates they back. | 毒品犯罪集团并不喜欢他们公司支持的候选人 |
[24:57] | That’s bollocks. | 简直扯淡 |
[24:58] | On the record and off. | 两种说法都是扯淡 |
[25:00] | In your experience, detective, | 根据你的经验 警探 |
[25:01] | how often does the party on the receiving end | 你什么时候听过 |
[25:03] | of a cartel assassination say, | 犯罪集团的杀手说 |
[25:06] | “If only we knew what we’d done to upset them?” No. | 要是我们知道怎么能惹怒他们就好了 不会 |
[25:09] | When a criminal organization | 当一个犯罪集团 |
[25:11] | sends a violent message, it does so with a certainty | 通过暴力方式发出信息时 那会是 |
[25:13] | that that message is clear. | 一种很明确信息 |
[25:15] | AgriNext knows and they’re just not telling us. | 阿里纳特公司很清楚 只是不告诉我们 |
[25:18] | You guys were at AgriNext yesterday. | 你们俩昨天去过阿里纳特公司 |
[25:20] | You talk to another executive? | 跟另一个总裁聊过吗 |
[25:22] | Yeah, we thought she might | 是的 我们觉得 |
[25:23] | have something to do with the Dubrovensky murder. | 她跟杜布洛文斯基的谋杀案有关 |
[25:25] | She? | 女的 |
[25:26] | Her name is Barbara Conway | 她叫芭芭拉·康维 |
[25:27] | and she runs the GMO department. | 负责转基因部门 |
[25:29] | Well, she’s in the clear for these two. | 她跟这两个人无关 |
[25:31] | Witness saw a Hispanic male | 目击者看到一个拉丁裔男人 |
[25:33] | light them up. 30s. | 把他们点着了 三十多岁 |
[25:35] | We’re getting a sketch going. | 正在画他的图像 |
[25:37] | Maybe he’s also the guy who did Dubrovensky. | 或许他也是杀害杜布洛文斯基的人 |
[25:39] | The rope used to bind the victims’ hands and feet, | 捆住死者手脚的绳子 |
[25:43] | it’s intact. | 完好无损 |
[25:45] | Now, most rope would disintegrate | 绝大部分绳子在轮胎燃烧产生的 |
[25:46] | at the temperature of a burning tire. | 温度下会分解 |
[25:48] | This is para-aramid rope. | 这是用对位芳纶制作的绳子[具有高耐热性] |
[25:51] | It’s made for the express purpose | 是用以抵抗极高温的 |
[25:53] | of resisting extreme heat. | 特殊用途产品 |
[25:55] | It’s a logical choice for an organization | 喜欢烧活人的犯罪集团用它 |
[25:57] | in the habit of burning people alive, right? | 很符合逻辑 |
[25:59] | Can’t be too many places that sell this stuff. | 卖这绳子的地方肯定不多 |
[26:01] | Military surplus, fire and rescue gear. | 军用物资店 消防和救援设备店 |
[26:04] | I’ll make a few calls and get that sketch out there. | 我去打几个电话摸摸情况 |
[26:06] | You will recall, however, | 不过你应该记得 |
[26:07] | that Clay Dubrovensky was not bound with para-aramid rope, | 克雷·杜布洛文斯基不是被这种绳子绑着的 |
[26:11] | further suggesting he was not killed by the cartel. | 近一步说明了他不是被犯罪集团杀害的 |
[26:14] | You still like Barbara Conway? | 你还认为是芭芭拉·康维干的 |
[26:16] | Watson and I still believe | 华生和我仍然相信 |
[26:17] | that she had motive to want him dead. | 她有杀他的动机 |
[26:19] | Plus, she worked with these two. | 况且 她是跟这两位一起工作的 |
[26:23] | You’re right, I was not entirely forthcoming with you yesterday. | 你说得对 我昨天并没有全都说出来 |
[26:28] | I started collecting flowers ten years ago. | 我十年前开始收集花 |
[26:32] | I’d been promoted, I was making real money. | 升职后 我挣了不少钱 |
[26:36] | I could afford an expensive hobby. | 可以负担得起这个奢侈的爱好 |
[26:38] | So, you admit that you thought you were buying | 那你是承认打算从杜布洛文斯基先生那 |
[26:40] | the real Wutai Pingtung orchid from Mr. Dubrovensky. | 买来真正的屏东雾台兰 |
[26:44] | It was the craziest thing I’d ever done, | 这是我做的最离谱的事 |
[26:45] | but it was so beautiful, | 不过它真的很漂亮 |
[26:47] | it was so unique that I… | 也很特殊 以至于我… |
[26:51] | Eventually I realized it was a fake, just like you said. | 但最后我发现它是假的 就像你说的 |
[26:54] | And you’d been conned out of 89 grand. | 你被骗了八万九千块 |
[26:57] | That was nothing to me. | 这对我来说不算什么 |
[26:59] | I mean, I know how that sounds, but it’s true. | 我知道这听起来有些离谱 但这是真的 |
[27:03] | Besides, I wasn’t angry. | 况且 我并不生气 |
[27:04] | I was impressed. | 而是感到惊讶 |
[27:07] | Duplicating something as delicate as that orchid, | 能够把那么微妙 那么复杂的兰花 |
[27:11] | something as complex, it’s… | 复制出来 这… |
[27:14] | it’s more than a science. It’s an art. | 这不仅仅是科学 而是艺术 |
[27:17] | I showed it to a few of my colleagues, | 我给我的几位同事看了 |
[27:19] | and they agreed. | 他们也这么觉得 |
[27:21] | I used the company’s resources to track Clay down. | 我利用公司的资源找到了克雷 |
[27:24] | I offered him a job | 想邀请他来 |
[27:26] | at AgriNext. | 我们公司工作 |
[27:28] | That’s when I found out about his other business. | 就是那个时候我发现了他的其他生意 |
[27:32] | He told you he was a grower for the SDS. | 他说他是SDS的一员 |
[27:34] | How did that go over with human resources? | 人力资源部怎么会放这样的人进公司 |
[27:38] | It made us want him even more. | 这让我们更想要他了 |
[27:41] | It’s nothing we’ve been advertising, | 我们并没有大肆宣传 |
[27:44] | but AgriNext has been preparing | 但是阿里纳特公司准备 |
[27:46] | for legalized marijuana for years. | 合法化大麻有很多年了 |
[27:48] | As soon as the legislation catches up, | 一旦立法通过了 |
[27:49] | we’ll be ready to move. | 我们就会行动 |
[27:51] | So, you wanted to hire him, | 所以你想雇他 |
[27:53] | but he already had an employer. | 但他已经有老板了 |
[27:55] | It was complicated. | 这事很复杂 |
[27:56] | Clay was excited about the possibility of going legit, | 克雷对能够合法化很感兴趣 |
[27:58] | not to mention getting his hands on AgriNext’s resources. | 更别提可以使用阿里纳特公司的资源了 |
[28:02] | He knew he could do great things with us, | 他知道和我们一起可以干出大事业来 |
[28:03] | but he couldn’t just quit the SDS. | 但是SDS不是想退就退的 |
[28:07] | We had to buy him out. | 我得帮他赎身他 |
[28:09] | So you entered into a negotiation with a drug cartel. | 所以你和贩毒集团进行了谈判 |
[28:12] | Right. | 是的 |
[28:14] | You know, decorum forbids me from showing my emotions | 你知道 我的教养克制了我的情感表达 |
[28:16] | during an interview such as this one, but I assure you, | 尤其是这种对话的情况下 但说真的 |
[28:18] | on the inside, I am doubled over with laughter. | 在心里 我已经笑得双脚朝天了 |
[28:21] | Clay went to the cartel. | 克雷去找黑帮集团 |
[28:23] | They set a price– $10 million. | 他们报了价 一千万 |
[28:28] | The company countered at $5 million. | 公司砍到了五百万 |
[28:30] | And now inside me is soiling himself. | 我内心的自己已经笑尿了 |
[28:33] | He called me the night he was killed. | 他被杀那晚给我打过电话 |
[28:36] | He told me that he was going to meet with the cartel, | 他告诉我要去和黑帮集团见面 |
[28:39] | tell them to accept the offer. | 告诉他们接受提议 |
[28:41] | Because he had decided that he was going to come | 因为他已经决定过来了 |
[28:43] | and work for our company no matter what. | 不管如何都要为公司工作 |
[28:46] | Obviously they didn’t appreciate that. | 显然他们并不同意 |
[28:49] | They killed him | 他们杀了他 |
[28:50] | and then they killed Nelson and William last night | 然后昨晚他们杀了尼尔森和威廉 |
[28:52] | for good measure. | 为了保险起见 |
[28:53] | These higher-ups you mentioned, can we assume | 你提到的那些高层 能保证 |
[28:57] | that they’ll confirm everything you just told us? | 他们会证实你所说的这些事吗 |
[29:00] | If they don’t, I have the memos that will. | 如果他们不作证 我还有备忘录可以证明 |
[29:15] | Morning, Tess. | 早上好 苔丝 |
[29:19] | Who the hell are you? | 你是谁 |
[29:21] | I’m a friend of your mum’s. | 我是你妈妈的朋友 |
[29:24] | I know what you’re trying to do. | 我知道你想做什么 |
[29:25] | Lexi told me everything. | 莱克西都告诉我了 |
[29:27] | This is her aunt’s apartment. | 这是她阿姨的公寓 |
[29:30] | Her aunt who’s away for the next few months. | 她阿姨需要出门几个月 |
[29:32] | She gave you a key, | 她给了你钥匙 |
[29:33] | you gave her a license plate number | 你给了她车牌号码 |
[29:35] | that would lead any and all interested parties to a man | 会引导任何调查方的意向到一个男人身上 |
[29:38] | by the name of Grant Perryman. | 那人名叫格兰特·派瑞曼 |
[29:42] | I know he’s your father, Tess. | 我知道他是你的父亲 苔丝 |
[29:44] | He’s not my father. | 他不是我父亲 |
[29:45] | He is. | 他是 |
[29:47] | He just also happens to be your mother’s rapist. | 只是他同时还是强奸你妈妈的人 |
[29:54] | That must’ve been really hard finding out. | 知道这事一定让你很痛苦 |
[29:56] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[29:58] | Then go. | 那就离开 |
[30:00] | And don’t tell anyone you found me. | 不要告诉任何人你找到了我 |
[30:02] | I can’t. | 我不能 |
[30:09] | She was only a few years older than me. | 她那时只比我大几岁 |
[30:12] | She’d never even… | 她甚至都没有… |
[30:18] | He got her drunk at a party | 他在派对上灌醉了她 |
[30:22] | and he, uh… | 然后他… |
[30:25] | She was afraid. | 她很害怕 |
[30:27] | And stupid. | 也很傻 |
[30:28] | I mean, she didn’t tell anyone for weeks. | 我是说 她过了几周都没告诉任何人 |
[30:31] | When she did, she couldn’t prove it. | 当她说出来的时候 已经无法证明了 |
[30:34] | His parents were so rich, | 他的父母很有钱 |
[30:35] | they offered a settlement anyway. | 他们提出了赔偿 |
[30:36] | All my mother had to do was keep her mouth shut. | 我母亲只要安静闭嘴就好了 |
[30:43] | She did. | 她照做了 |
[30:45] | She was so good at it, she didn’t even tell them | 她太听话了 以至于当她发现 |
[30:48] | when she found out she was pregnant. | 自己怀孕时也没有告诉他们 |
[30:51] | That’s why I didn’t recognize your picture the other day. | 这就是为什么他那天没认出你的照片 |
[30:54] | How did you recognize him? | 你怎么认出他的 |
[30:56] | Did my mom tell you? | 我妈妈告诉你的吗 |
[30:57] | I have this friend. | 我有一位朋友 |
[30:59] | He has a habit of drilling all sorts of facts into my head. | 他喜欢往我脑中灌输各种小常识 |
[31:04] | Did you know, for example, | 举个例子 你知道吗 |
[31:06] | that 0.4% of Caucasians have brachydactyly type D thumbs. | 千分之四的白种人有D型过短拇指 |
[31:11] | Also called clubbed thumbs. | 也叫做棒状拇指 |
[31:14] | Of those, three quarters have them on both hands. | 其中四分之三的人是双手都有 |
[31:16] | But I couldn’t help noticing in your pictures that | 但是我不禁注意到在照片里 |
[31:19] | you have a type D thumb on your left hand only. | 你只有在左手有D型拇指 |
[31:25] | Just like Grant Perryman. | 和格兰特·派瑞曼一样 |
[31:30] | Your mum put everything behind her, | 你妈妈把过去都隐藏起来了 |
[31:33] | but you wanted to dredge it all up again | 但是你想再挖掘出来 |
[31:35] | and force her to talk about it. | 并且逼迫她说出来 |
[31:38] | To the press and to the police. | 告诉媒体和警察 |
[31:39] | Everyone would find out exactly what kind of man he is. | 让别人都知道他是个什么样的个人 |
[31:42] | He deserves it. | 他是罪有应得 |
[31:43] | But your mum doesn’t. | 但你妈妈不是 |
[31:46] | What she went through was terrible. | 她经历的事情很糟糕 |
[31:49] | It was unspeakable. | 简直无语言可以形容 |
[31:52] | But she chose to focus on the good in her life. | 但是她选择面对生命中的美好 |
[31:55] | She chose you. | 她选择了你 |
[31:59] | And your mum wanted to make sure… | 而且你妈妈想要确保… |
[32:15] | According to these memos, | 根据这些备忘录 |
[32:16] | everything Barbara Conway told us was true. | 芭芭拉·康维所说的一切都是真的 |
[32:19] | The-the language is deliberately vague | 言语用词虽然故意很含糊 |
[32:22] | and they never refer to the cartel by name, | 并且从来不直呼黑帮集团的名字 |
[32:24] | but it’s pretty obvious | 但是很显然 |
[32:26] | that AgriNext wanted Dubrovensky on the company payroll. | 阿里纳特公司想要杜布洛文斯基来工作 |
[32:30] | Maybe we were wrong about the murder. | 也许我们猜错凶手了 |
[32:33] | Maybe it really was the SDS. | 也许真的是SDS干的 |
[32:35] | They wanted to burn him alive, | 他们想要活活烧死他 |
[32:37] | but there was a struggle | 但是却遭到了反抗 |
[32:39] | and he died from a blow to the skull. | 然后他就头部受重击而死了 |
[32:42] | But the killers still had to sign their work. | 但是杀手还是得留下标记 |
[32:45] | Utterly and annoyingly possible. | 十分恼人得有这种可能 |
[32:50] | Hmm. Why does it smell like coffee and fish in here? | 这里怎么有一股咖啡和鱼的味道 |
[32:54] | Is that the plant food | 那个不是芭芭拉·康维 |
[32:55] | that Barbara Conway gave us? | 给咱们的植物肥料吗 |
[32:56] | The one that you said would kill the orchid? | 你说会杀死兰花的那个 |
[32:58] | Mm-hmm. While it might be an annoyance to your senses, | 嗯 也许你闻起来很糟糕 |
[33:02] | it is an onslaught to mine. | 但对我来说是一种精神刺激 |
[33:04] | I was hoping that the barrage might trigger some new thoughts, | 我期望这种冲击能够带来一些新想法 |
[33:07] | but so far… mm. | 但到目前为止… |
[33:12] | We never finished our conversation the other night. | 那晚的话题我们还没说完呢 |
[33:16] | Yeah, you said you wanted to make a change. | 你说你想做点改变 |
[33:20] | You know how much I value you. | 你知道我很重视你 |
[33:23] | I’ve made that clear on… | 我在很多时候都 |
[33:25] | numerous occasions, sometimes embarrassingly so. | 表达过这个想法 有时还挺尴尬的 |
[33:29] | You’ve been a good friend | 你一直是个好朋友 |
[33:31] | and a good partner. | 也是个好搭档 |
[33:34] | It was you, in fact, | 实际上 是你 |
[33:35] | that helped me understand the concept of partnership, | 让我了解到了陪伴的意义 |
[33:38] | the value of it. | 它的重要性 |
[33:40] | Are you leaving New York again? | 你又要离开纽约了吗 |
[33:42] | No, quite the opposite. | 不 正好相反 |
[33:46] | Mm. I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[33:46] | What is the change you want to make? | 你想做出什么改变 |
[33:49] | Kitty, I’m sure you’ll agree, | 凯蒂 你肯定会同意的 |
[33:52] | has made an excellent protégée. | 她是个很棒的门徒 |
[33:55] | But… I believe that a matriculation is in order. | 但是 我觉得可以安排入学考试了 |
[34:01] | So you want to make Kitty your new partner. | 你想让凯蒂成为你的新搭档 |
[34:04] | That she had the makings of a detective | 她有成为侦探的潜力 |
[34:06] | was never in doubt. | 这是肯定的 |
[34:08] | But I confess to having my concerns regarding her history. | 但我同样也担心她的过往历史 |
[34:12] | The many… traumas visited upon her. | 她遭受的那些伤害 |
[34:17] | And I was certain that it would take time to develop her. | 我认为需要时间来训练她 |
[34:20] | Years. | 很多年 |
[34:23] | I was wrong. | 但我错了 |
[34:25] | Mostly thanks to you. | 主要托你的福 |
[34:27] | Your instruction has been crucial | 你的介入很重要 |
[34:30] | and, in certain areas, more crucial than mine. | 在某些方面 比我的还重要 |
[34:35] | I’m proud of her, Watson. | 我为她骄傲 华生 |
[34:38] | I think she’s ready. | 我觉得她准备好了 |
[34:43] | I, um… | 我 |
[34:46] | I’m happy for her. And you. | 我为她感到高兴 还有你 |
[34:49] | I think it’s a great idea. | 我觉得这主意很棒 |
[34:58] | The other day you made reference to the balance that we’d struck, | 那天你提到了我们之间的平衡 |
[35:01] | your cases, my cases, our cases. | 你的案子 我的案子 我们的案子 |
[35:04] | This won’t change that. | 这不会改变 |
[35:05] | It’s Marcus. | 是马库斯 |
[35:06] | He says they’ve got the guy who killed the AgriNext execs. | 他说找到杀害阿里纳特公司高管的人了 |
[35:10] | That tip about the rope paid dividends. | 关于绳子的提醒很有帮助 |
[35:13] | Marcus canvassed the shops that sell it, | 马库斯调查了贩卖过它的商店 |
[35:15] | and one of the owners remembered this guy, | 其中一位店主认出了这个人 |
[35:17] | Marco Gonsalves, coming in to buy a bunch of it. | 马可·贡萨尔维斯 买了一大堆 |
[35:21] | Security cameras outside the store caught his license plate. | 店外的摄像头拍到了他的车牌号 |
[35:24] | We put a finest message out, | 我们通知了各处 |
[35:25] | and a radio car got lucky. | 一辆通讯车碰巧遇上 |
[35:27] | Now, the prints place him at the AgriNext executives’ murders. | 指纹证明他在阿里纳特公司高管谋杀现场 |
[35:30] | So does the witness. | 还有证人的证词 |
[35:32] | I take it from the legal pad that he’s writing his confession. | 看那纸样他是在写供认书吗 |
[35:34] | In addition to copping to killing the AgriNext execs, | 除了杀害阿里纳特公司高管 |
[35:38] | he wants to take credit for a dozen other hits. | 他还想承认十几起其他凶案 |
[35:40] | He’s trying to maximize his value to the SDS, | 他是想让自己对SDS的价值最大化 |
[35:43] | absorb as many charges as he can | 能背的指控越多越好 |
[35:45] | since he already knows he’s going away for life. | 反正他肯定要被判终身监禁 |
[35:47] | But here’s the thing, | 但问题是 |
[35:48] | the only murder he won’t take the rap for | 唯一他不肯认的罪 |
[35:50] | is Clay Dubrovensky’s. | 就是谋杀克雷·杜布洛文斯基 |
[35:52] | He does seem to have an idea as to who did do it, | 他似乎知道真凶是谁 |
[35:54] | but he won’t give us a name. | 但是不肯告诉我们 |
[35:56] | Best guess right now is a rival cartel. | 最大的可能是跟他们对立的黑帮集团 |
[35:58] | Maybe they identified Sangue do Sangue’s grower in New York | 也许他们查出了血之血在纽约的种植人 |
[36:01] | and killed him to mess with their business. | 为乱其生意而杀了他 |
[36:04] | We’ll keep you posted. | 有最新进展就通知你们 |
[36:10] | You said the other night | 你那天晚上说 |
[36:11] | that if another cartel killed Dubrovensky, | 如果另一个黑帮集团杀了杜布洛文斯基 |
[36:14] | they would have signed their work. | 他们会留下自己的标记 |
[36:16] | A cartel would. A corporation would not. | 黑帮集团会 公司就不会了 |
[36:19] | Take everything Barbara Conway told us and flip it. | 芭芭拉·康维所说的一切都暂且不管 |
[36:23] | Dubrovensky didn’t tell the SDS he wanted out | 杜布洛文斯基没告诉SDS他想退出 |
[36:25] | of the deal– he told AgriNext. | 他是对阿里纳特公司说的 |
[36:26] | They were the ones who got angry. | 是他们动怒了 |
[36:28] | Perhaps they were worried he knew too much. | 可能他们担心他知道的太多 |
[36:31] | Or they didn’t want to have to compete with his weed further down the line. | 或者不想以后跟他种出的大麻竞争 |
[36:34] | Well, either way, | 不管怎样 |
[36:35] | they framed the SDS and the cartel retaliated. | 他们陷害了SDS 黑帮就采取了报复 |
[36:38] | Immolating two of the top brass and leaving them on an AgriNext lawn. | 杀了他们两名高管 并留在公司的草坪上 |
[36:43] | I propose another conversation with Ms. Conway. | 我建议再找康维女士谈谈 |
[36:46] | If she wasn’t part of what happened, | 如果她跟此事无关 |
[36:47] | perhaps she can tell us who was. | 也许能告诉我们谁有嫌疑 |
[36:49] | Did you give Dubrovensky’s ex-girlfriend my number? | 你把我的号码给了杜布洛文斯基的前女友吗 |
[36:52] | You know I don’t like to give out my own. | 你知道我不喜欢把我的号码给别人 |
[36:54] | Well, she wants to talk. Says it’s important. | 她说想找我谈谈 有要事 |
[36:56] | A case of the munchies, perhaps. | 也许要给你一盒点心 |
[36:58] | You go. I’ll locate Ms. Conway. | 去吧 我去找康维女士 |
[37:01] | Hey. | 你好 |
[37:04] | I wasn’t sure you’d come. | 我还担心你不来呢 |
[37:06] | Why’d you want me to meet you here? | 为什么要约我在这里见 |
[37:07] | The super lives next door, | 楼管员就住在隔壁 |
[37:09] | only he won’t let me into Clay’s apartment | 可他不让我进克雷的公寓 |
[37:11] | unless someone from the department signs off. | 除非有警局的人签字 |
[37:14] | And why do you want to go inside Clay’s apartment? | 那你为什么要进克雷的公寓呢 |
[37:19] | Clay gave me this. | 克雷送给我的 |
[37:20] | He made it. He grew it. | 他自己培育的 |
[37:22] | It’s a yellow clivia. | 是株黄色君子兰 |
[37:25] | When you texted me, you said it was important. | 你给我发的短信说有要事 |
[37:27] | He used to give me special food. | 他以前总是给我特别的肥料 |
[37:29] | Even after we broke up. He made it himself. | 即使是在我们分手后 是他亲手做的 |
[37:31] | And it’s inside. | 肥料就在里面 |
[37:33] | I thought that maybe if you spoke to the super… | 我想要是你能跟楼管员说说… |
[37:38] | You must think I’m an idiot, | 你肯定觉得我是个傻子 |
[37:40] | starting up again with a guy who cheated on me, | 跟劈腿的前男友和好 |
[37:44] | getting sentimental about a flower he gave me. | 还对他送我的花多愁善感 |
[37:47] | Well, I’m not here to judge you. | 我不是来对你说三道四的 |
[37:51] | You know what the really stupid thing is? | 你知道真正傻的是什么吗 |
[37:54] | Is that he gave these to all the girls. | 他会送这个给所有女孩 |
[37:57] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[37:58] | Girls he was sleeping with. | 跟他上床的女孩 |
[38:00] | He would give them a yellow clivia. | 他会送她们一株黄色君子兰 |
[38:03] | Just like mine. | 就像我这株 |
[38:05] | It was, like, his move. | 这好像是他的惯用伎俩 |
[38:07] | He told me that when we started hooking up again. | 当我们又开始上床时他对我说的 |
[38:09] | I probably should’ve been mad, but we weren’t back together, you know? | 也许我该生气的 但我们又不是男女朋友 |
[38:13] | I actually thought it was kind of funny. | 我甚至觉得这有点搞笑 |
[38:19] | 来自夏洛克 芭芭拉·康维今晚没空 明早来警局 | |
[38:21] | Found it. | 找到了 |
[38:24] | Plant food. | 植物肥料 |
[38:26] | Like I told you, | 就像我说的 |
[38:28] | it’s gross. It smells like coffee and… | 气味很恶心 闻起来像咖啡和… |
[38:29] | Fish. | 鱼 |
[38:31] | It’s Clay’s special recipe. | 是克雷的特别秘方 |
[38:33] | Made just for the clivia. | 专为君子兰做的 |
[38:43] | Watson. | 华生 |
[38:44] | Hey. Barbara Conway’s coming to the station tomorrow? | 喂 芭芭拉·康维明天来警局是吗 |
[38:46] | Yes. | 对 |
[38:48] | She claims to have no knowledge of an AgriNext conspiracy to kill Dubrovensky, | 她说对阿里纳特公司密谋杀害杜布洛文斯基毫不知情 |
[38:52] | but she has a few ideas as to who might. | 但她知道几个有嫌疑的人 |
[38:55] | That’s because you were right all along. | 那是因为你一直都说对了 |
[38:57] | She’s the one who did it. | 杀人凶手就是她 |
[39:07] | Please take a seat. | 请坐吧 |
[39:10] | Is Mr. Holmes coming? | 福尔摩斯先生会来吗 |
[39:12] | No. It’s just us today. | 不 今天就我们俩 |
[39:19] | He caught me off guard last night. | 昨晚他太让我吃惊了 |
[39:21] | This idea that someone from AgriNext may have killed Clay. | 告诉我阿里纳特公司可能有人杀了克雷 |
[39:25] | But… the more I thought about it, | 但…我越想 |
[39:28] | the more I wondered. | 越觉得怀疑 |
[39:30] | The company’s been accused of much worse. | 公司还做过更为恶劣的事 |
[39:32] | Usually overseas but still… | 通常都是在海外 不过… |
[39:34] | I know it was you, Barbara. | 我知道是你干的 芭芭拉 |
[39:36] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[39:37] | I know you killed Clay. | 是你杀了克雷 |
[39:40] | When you gave us the orchid the other day, | 你那天给我们兰花的时候 |
[39:42] | you accidentally included some food for a yellow clivia, | 不小心拿了一包黄色君子兰的肥料 |
[39:46] | a very special one that Clay gave you. | 是克雷给你的很特殊的一种 |
[39:49] | The two of you were involved. | 你们俩在一起过 |
[39:50] | I don’t see how that has anything to do | 我不知道这跟你说的 |
[39:53] | with what you’re… | 有何关系… |
[39:53] | I don’t think you planned to kill him. | 我觉得你不是预谋杀他 |
[39:55] | That’s important. | 这很重要 |
[39:57] | You realized he was sleeping with his ex, | 你得知他还跟前任有染 |
[39:59] | and you confronted him. | 就去质问他 |
[40:00] | But it didn’t go well. | 但事情进展不顺 |
[40:03] | I think I should call my lawyer. | 我觉得我该叫律师了 |
[40:05] | You could, but I wouldn’t. | 你可以叫 但我不建议你这样 |
[40:08] | He’ll tell you to leave. | 他会要你马上离开 |
[40:10] | And this is your one, best chance to show contrition, | 而这是你唯一也是最好的表现悔恨的机会 |
[40:13] | to try and make people understand | 试图让人们明白 |
[40:14] | that you did not mean to kill Clay | 你并非预谋杀害克雷 |
[40:16] | or the Kelleys. | 或是凯利夫妇 |
[40:21] | Like I said, I don’t think | 我说了 我觉得 |
[40:22] | you went to Clay’s that night | 你那晚去找克雷 |
[40:23] | with the intention of killing him. | 并没有计划杀他 |
[40:26] | You didn’t show up with a hollowed-out tire, | 你不是带着放了气的轮胎去的 |
[40:29] | which means you had to go out and get one | 说明你必须在事后 |
[40:31] | right after it happened. | 出去找一个 |
[40:33] | Now, my colleagues are combing the area around Clay’s apartment right now. | 现在 我的同事正在克雷公寓附近排查 |
[40:38] | It is only a matter of time | 有人认出你的照片 |
[40:39] | before someone recognizes your picture. | 只是早晚问题 |
[40:42] | Now, they know I’m talking to you right now, Barbara. | 他们知道我现在正在跟你谈 芭芭拉 |
[40:45] | So the longer you wait | 所以你等的时间越久 |
[40:47] | and the more you make them work for this, | 让他们花越多功夫找出证人 |
[40:49] | the harder it’s gonna be for you. | 对你来说就越不利 |
[41:00] | I kept it. | 我把它留下了 |
[41:03] | The clivia. | 那株君子兰 |
[41:06] | I know how crazy that sounds, but… | 我知道这听起来有多疯狂 但… |
[41:10] | I loved him. | 我爱他 |
[41:15] | Would it have been more satisfying | 能够除掉一头公司巨兽 |
[41:16] | to eviscerate a corporate behemoth? Unquestionably. | 会更令人满意吗 毫无疑问 |
[41:19] | But the true killer has confessed. We can ask for little more. | 但真正的凶手已经招供 我们要求不了更多了 |
[41:22] | I know. It’s just… | 我知道 只是… |
[41:23] | You’re doing that wrong. | 你戴错了 |
[41:24] | S-Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[41:25] | It’s, uh… Kitty’s agreed to take part in an exercise. | 凯蒂答应参加一项练习 |
[41:28] | Have you told her about the, uh, matriculation yet? | 你告诉她入学考试的事了吗 |
[41:32] | No. But it is on today’s agenda. | 没 不过那是今天的计划之一 |
[41:34] | Well, I’m working at Leda today, so… | 我今天在利达工作 所以 |
[41:37] | maybe I’ll come by with some pizzas | 也许等会我可以带点批萨过来 |
[41:39] | and offer my congratulations in person. | 亲自恭喜她 |
[41:43] | The captain’s calling me. Do you wish to hold? | 警监打来电话了 你想等等吗 |
[41:45] | No. Take it. I’ll see you later. | 不 你接吧 待会见 |
[41:50] | Captain. | 警监 |
[41:50] | A body just turned up. I need you at the scene. | 发现了一具尸体 我需要你来现场 |
[41:54] | Right, we’ll leave immediately. | 好 我们马上就出发 |
[41:55] | No. Just you. | 不 你一个人来 |
[42:02] | Her name is Melanie Vilkas. 24 years old. | 死者名叫梅勒妮·威卡斯 24岁 |
[42:06] | She went missing a few days ago. | 她几天前失踪 |
[42:08] | Whoever took her kept her alive until last night | 绑架者留她活口直至昨晚 |
[42:12] | and then he dumped her. | 然后弃尸于此 |
[42:14] | And the reason I couldn’t bring Kitty with me? | 我不能带凯蒂同来的原因是什么 |
[42:17] | Take a look at her back. | 看看她的后背 |
[42:26] | They’re the same markings | 在你给我的文件里 |
[42:28] | I saw in those files you gave me, | 我看到过一样的标记 |
[42:30] | the same ones that are on Kitty’s back. | 跟凯蒂背上的标记一样 |
[42:34] | So the man who hurt her is here in New York. | 所以伤害过她的那个人来纽约了 |
[42:44] | 如需其它字幕 请登陆新浪微博[WEB&BD版美剧字幕精编者] 或发邮件 lj20090303@163.com |